[Return]
Archived thread

File 123688521191.jpg - (319.09KB , 1024x768 , a4fc1a8f64b5b807ca687efae1f59306.jpg ) [iqdb]
8992 No. 8992
Hooray, the second thread! I thank you all for reading this far, and I hope this story keeps your attention.

________________________________________________

[x] Carefully untangle the weeds from around the flower.


…I can’t just leave it here to die. Still, if I was going to help this flower, I should be careful. Those thorns look sharp, and who’s to say they aren’t inexplicably poisonous? That would be my luck.

I bend down to get a better look at the way the weeds have grown around the flower. They remind me of vines, with the way they are shaped. Looking closer, I notice there are two separate weeds here; the bigger one, which entwined itself tightly around the base, had caused most of the damage. I decide to start with the smaller weed/vine, wrapping itself loosely around the stem near the top. Grabbing it carefully enough so as to not cut myself, I slowly unravel it, dropping the weed/vine as far away from the flower without unearthing it. I feel the wind behind me pick up speed.

As I drop it, I notice a spot of red, as noticeable as black on white. The faint sting in my thumb reaffirms this. But when did I… I look down at my thumb. Sure enough, blood, the beginnings of which making itself evident. I shove the thumb into my sleeve without thinking… and I begin to feel an intense heat in front of me.

Looking back at the weed/vine I unraveled, I see the remains of it consumed by fire.

Fire?!

Little time to react. I leap to my feet and stomp on the flames in hopes of putting them out, but it’s too late, the flames are too quick. This field is going to be consumed in seconds, and there’s nothing I can do but escape. I turn.

The blow is swift and purposeful.

I am sent flying, my head senseless and dizzy. I see the field, now completely aflame. I feel the fire envelop me, but… there is no pain. It feels warm. Comfortable.

I am unable to tell when exactly I land. I look around, my body feeling stiff. I see…

…A girl?

She looks at me, her eyes full of vengeance. She raises her leg over my head, and I stare at the bottom of her shoe.

The laughter is loud now. Too loud to hear.

Her foot grows bigger. I hear the sickening impact for an instant.

There is nothing.

The nothing smiles back at me.

- BAD END -

________________________________________________

...And what better way to start a thread? No, really, I suppose this was necessary. Hopefully you learned something about Faust if you acutely paid attention.

I would highly advise against going back more than one choice. It is very possible, even essential, to get through this situation without dying. But the choice is up to you.

>> No. 8994
[X] Back one choice.
[X] Leave it alone, the weeds are covered in thorns.

So our blood isn't just flammable, it freaking explodes into flames when drawn. Perfect
>> No. 8996
[x] Back one choice.
[x] Leave it alone, the weeds are covered in thorns.
>> No. 8997
[x] Back two choices.
[x] Spend time doing whatever Aya’s doing.

Eh, fuck this place.
>> No. 8998
[x] Back one choice.
[x] Leave it alone, the weeds are covered in thorns.

Bloody hell.
>> No. 8999
[X] Back one choice.
[X] Leave it alone, the weeds are covered in thorns.
>> No. 9002
Calling it. Update will come tomorrow.
>> No. 9009
>Hooray, the second thread! I thank you all for reading this far, and I hope this story keeps your attention.
>- BAD END -

lol. Sorry, but that's just funny.

[x] Back one choice.
[x] Leave it alone, the weeds are covered in thorns.

Too late for votes i know, but i wanted to anyway.
>> No. 9017
Well that came out of nowhere. Can somebody use small words to describe what happened?
>> No. 9018
>>9017

Faust's HOT-BLOODEDNESS set the flower field on fire. Yuuka then bitch-smacked him and then finished him off with a Silent Hill stomp.
>> No. 9019
[x] One choice back.
[x] Leave it alone, the weeds are covered in thorns.


There’s a flash of blinding light. I watch as my vision blurs. In an instant, I’m standing in the field again, the flowers as unharmed as they were before the sudden burst of flames. The flower wrapped in weeds is just as before too. But didn’t I just…?

I feel a presence behind me. Swirling around to see who it is, I see… nothing but more flowers. But now wait a minute, what if they’re flying? I look up; sure enough, I see a figure, dressed in red with a hint of green, shooting upwards.

The figure is spinning. Odd.

“Hello there, little pup,” a calm, elegant voice says, very close to me. I turn – and meet, face to face, an impossibly cute girl, smiling, her green hair flowing beautifully in the wind. Her crimson eyes were enticing, and from this distance I felt like I could look into her eyes forever. There’s something vaguely familiar about this girl… No, this must be the reason I was excited earlier. My heart is racing faster than ever, and I can feel something start to crawl over my right foot. Was this where I was supposed to be?

‘to find your answers’

…Say something! “Um, hello,” I say dumbly. No! Idiot! But her smile widens anyway, and she breaks off into a giggle. Her voice is elegant, but something seems off about it. I can’t help but grin back like the idiot I am. There’s definitely something crawling over my other foot, but I don’t really care right now.

“M~y.” The girl steps back, and I get a full look at just how adorable she really is. She wore a red flannel vest and dress, and a white long-sleeved shirt underneath, but the parasol she was holding over her shoulder particularly catches my interest. “Cute and funny!” I could feel the blood rushing to my head. “I’ve never seen you before, and I’ve certainly never felt a presence quite like yours. You have potential~,” she adds, turning her back to me.

‘you must leave this mountain’

Eh?! I feel something slowly wrapping itself around my tail! Turning my head, I see a vine, sprouting from the ground behind me. I feel a tug around my arms, and I’m pulled to the ground. Whatever was crawling over my feet tightens, and I feel an unpleasant jolt as something tightens around my tail. My arms are pulled above my head, and another vine, also from behind me, wraps itself around my neck, forcing me to look forward.

The girl was facing me again. Her parasol was closed.

“It’s been rather boring today. Would you like to play with me?” She looks at me with those eyes, and I see something in them I didn’t notice before. Her eyes were filled with malice, an unspeakable evil. And yet, there was a hint of enjoyment in them.

What I can only assume to be another vine wraps itself around my waist. I make an attempt at breaking free, but I can’t budge. What’s going on?

It’s pretty windy right now.

She approaches the tangled, struggling mess that I am, raising her folded parasol. “Try not to break before I’m done with you, little pup.” She grins, her eyes widen, and I know what comes next.

She swings. It connects. I feel the impact on my ribs, and pain surges through me. The blow echoes across the field, the flowers silent as they look on at the gruesome scene. My vision dims and I try to scream, but no sound comes out.

…Then I hear a scream, as if to answer my own failed attempt. It sounds feminine.

She swings again. Another wave of pain. Another echo. My ribs again. The pain is too much to handle. She’s really a lot stronger than she looks.

HURTS REIMU IT

There’s another impact. I can’t even tell where the pain is coming from now. More screaming.

“It’s a shame, really. I thought you were special.” The girl mutters to herself. She’s probably insane. Where is she right now? I can’t tell.

I can hear the faint ruffling of her parasol in the wind as she lifts it once more, almost surely to be another swing. I don’t think I can take another one. I grit my teeth, unable to move. I can’t die here. I can’t die now. What would Momizi think?

“Oh well.”

Movement.

[ ] Muster all of my remaining strength and attempt to break free.
[ ] Cry out for help. But to who?
{ } No! NO!
>> No. 9020
{ } No! NO!
>> No. 9021
{x} No! NO!
>> No. 9022
{X} No! NO!

Hmmm, what does this button do?
>> No. 9025
>>9019
{X} No! NO!

Pulling for a double Bad End with this one.
>> No. 9026
[x] Muster all of my remaining strength and attempt to break free.

Meh.
>> No. 9027
{x} No! NO!

This curly brace, it calls out to me!
>> No. 9028
{X} No! NO!
>> No. 9030
Calling it.

I'm not sure if I can have it ready by the end of tomorrow. It should be ready by the next day.

>>9027

...I laughed too hard at that.
>> No. 9036
{x} <Do not want! DO NOT WANT!>
Translated from Chinese.

>>8992
I, too, am looking to this new thread of Chain Letter.
>> No. 9037
{x} No! NO!
>> No. 9056
{x} No! NO!


No!

To my left, a swishing sound in the wind. There’s only an instant before it connects. Only an instant before it’s all over.

NO! I WILL NOT DIE!

CRUNCH!

My left arm, out of a mix of panic, instinct, and reflex, swings itself downward just enough to meet the parasol in mid-swing. I sense the swing connect. I hear the bone shatter, and I feel my arm bend in an impossible way.

But I feel no pain. Instead, my vision snaps back to me, and I see the look of this girl’s face at that moment, caught off guard by my action.

Just the opening I need.

All in an instant, my strength comes surging back to me. No, more than what I had before! Why, I am filled with energy! My intact arm rips through the vine as if it were nothing more than a meager flower. I take the opening with stride as my hand shoots forward, grabbing the insane girl by the face.

All in an instant.

That certainly surprised her, but not enough to slow her down. Her arm holding the parasol is already swinging at my arm. I only tighten my grip.

I feel a jolt through my body as the parasol connects with my arm. It’s enough to shaken my grip on her head. Yet, my arm withstands the blow, not so much as even a dent made in the bone. I don’t feel any pain.

She jumps back, showing no sign but one of amusement on her face. “This is what I expected! This is what I felt when you showed up! This~ is~ fun~!” Her voice is as innocent as ever. Ignoring the condition of my left arm, I use my right to check my ribs. If she broke my left arm, she probably swung at that side the whole time. Rubbing my fingers along my side, I feel… a rough material?

The gauze! Apparently my shirt had ripped from the sheer force of the beating, but the gauze was still intact. How useful. My ribs were more than likely terribly messed up, but none were jutting out of the skin, so it couldn’t be too bad. Perhaps the gauze had a hand in protecting me. I don’t know how tough the material is.

The vines wrapping themselves around me had all but disappeared, leaving me in my condition to deal with this crazed opponent. Yet, I wasn’t worried at all. Actually, this was incredibly exciting to me. I can feel my heart beating faster than ever, my blood coursing through my body. This was a rush. This was a thrill. This was an experi-

Black. Dizzy. Someone strong struck the back of my head, causing me to collapse. I reflexively turn myself around to get a look at my assaulter, maybe to get a good shot in… and I see that girl. That girl, smiling, probably having more fun than I was. When did she get behind me?! Was she really that fast too?!

A second head looming over me answered my question. I was staring up at two of these girls. Identical. Twins? What luck! I almost wanted to laugh at the increasingly overwhelming situation. Their perfectly symmetrical movement and laughter at the look on my face debunks this theory, and I feel a sinking feeling in my stomach. So this girl can create copies of herself as well? Man, what I wouldn’t give for a weapon right now.

“What’s your name, little pup?” They say together, a chorus of malicious beauty. I hesitate before answering. “Faust.” Then, I act on a sudden whim and add, “Inubashiri.” Heh. Not bad.

“Pleasure to meet you, Mr. Faust.” Simultaneously again. “I’m Yuka Kazami.” The two identical girls smile at this. If she hadn’t almost killed me, I would’ve been fooled by her demeanor again. Then they step back. Odd, where did the hostile nature go? Well, it’s a good opportunity for me to sit up.

An opportunity that was immediately stolen from me. Two parasols! There’s no warning! They come down on me; the one on the right crashes against my right leg, and the one opposite collides with my chest. Again, no pain. My body reacts, though, as I spasm from the weight of the blow. I taste blood in my mouth. It feels warm.

The Yuka on the left speaks. “Now that we know each other’s names, I think we should continue this lit-guh!“

I’ve had enough of being on the ground. I propel my lower torso off the ground, kicking the left Yuka as hard as I can with my unharmed leg and cutting her off. She stumbles back, surprised, but little damage was done. Of course.

I suddenly feel a pressure in my shoulder and taste more blood in my mouth. I forgot about the other Yuka for a second there. She had run my right shoulder through with the tip of her parasol, pinning me to the ground again. She grins an evil grin. “Feeling cheeky today, aren’t we?”

I respond by spitting in her face. Hrm, that should get me killed faster.

But it doesn’t. There was blood in that spit. Blood that was now burning and charring her eyes.

I didn’t bother thinking about how that was possible. It was working, and she’s distracted. Pushing off with my legs, I practically jump up from a lying position, and I turn, ready for the inevitable strike from the first Yuka.

…Nothing. I turn to see her simply standing there, watching me. Watching me with eyes of hate. Eyes that still seemed to be enjoying this. Those crimson eyes that I would never want to see again. The burned Yuka stumbles over next to her counterpart, covering most of her face. I can still see patches of charred skin. She’ll probably have trouble seeing for a while. I’m not sure how this copying thing works.

With the two Yukas standing together again, the first one reaches into her vest, pulling out…

…A card?
>> No. 9057
“I must thank you for such a fun time,” they say in unison once more. “If I had more time, I would let this game continue on for as long as possible. But I don’t. And so, Faust, I must cut this short.” There’s an intense amount of force coming from that card. Every bone in my body is telling me to run, but I can’t.

A light begins to form in the center of the card.

“We’ll meet again, Faust. And when we do, we’ll continue this little game. You’ve proven to be quite promising.”

The light is growing.

“Goodbye.”



Flower Sign – Dual Spark –



Light from both sides. Blinding light. They strike me. They rip me apart, and I scream. I scream.

I SCREAM!

THIS LIGHT, IT’S TOO BRIGHT! I’LL BREAK IT! I’LL BREAK THE LIGHT AND THE GROUND AND THE FIELD AND THE GIRL AND THE MOUNTAIN AND

“UUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

The light absorbs me. The light absorbs the world.

And then suddenly, there is darkness. Darkness everywhere. There’s nowhere to stand. So I float.

The darkness opens its eyes and stares at me. Eyes everywhere. The eyes found me? Ah, good, if they’re watching for me, I can go ahead and close my eyes.

. . .

“…other…”

“-ust… time.”

“…-ill alive?”

“How did… do… -amage?”

“…What was she thinking, revi-…?”

“…perished…”

“…of use…”

“Maybe.”

“…don’t tru-…”

“…-ooks nice en-…”

“…-way… -n…”

“Send… to… -tei…”

“Keep… -tch… him…”

. . .

Hello?

I stand at the entrance to a marble building. The path I stand on is still as worn as ever, as black and white as ever. There is a river to my right.

Hello?

…Who am I?! I look over at the river, trying to get a glimpse of my reflection.

Hello!

I see a young girl. She looks familiar. Her ears are odd.

You…

She smiles at me, a weak smile.

You’re…

It pains me.

Alive…

* * * * *

My eyes open, but my vision is blurry. I’m comfortable. I’m warm. It’s nice.

There’s a roof above me. It’s not familiar. Seems to be made of wood. Walls too. Where am I? I can’t feel my body.

Then, a pleasant sight: a familiar face in this unfamiliar setting. I see the face of Momizi enter my vision. She looks angry. Or is she sad? I can’t tell.

She sees me. My eyes adjust. She definitely looks angry. Her eyes are glistening.

[ ] Write-in greeting.

________________________________________________

And with that, I need to go write a play for class. Gimme a couple of days to take care of that.
>> No. 9059
[x] "Hey. How bad do I look?"

From the snatches of dialogue we seem to be in Eientei now.
>> No. 9060
[x] "Hey. How bad do I look?"

Did ... we just take a direct hit from her Dual Sparks and live?

Holy Crap.
>> No. 9061
[x] Cough
[x] "...Hey"
>> No. 9062
[x] Cough
[x] "...Hey. How bad do I look?"
>> No. 9063
[x] "Hey. How bad do I look?"
>> No. 9071
[x] "...Hey. How bad do I look?"
>> No. 9077
[X]Hey. I guess I should have worn the hat after all eh?
>> No. 9078
[x] "Am I in heaven yet?"

Or something.
>> No. 9085
>>9078
[x] "Are you an angel?"

I think this will garner a better reaction.
>> No. 9086
[x] "Are you an angel?"
>> No. 9087
[x] "Hey. How bad do I look?"
>> No. 9094
[x] "Are you an angel?"
>> No. 9126
Calling it. Sorry for the delay.

Gonna try to get the update out tonight. Not sure if I can, since I still have to finish writing this play too.
>> No. 9130
[x] Hey. How bad do I look?


I try to say something, but it takes a moment or two before I can produce a sound. When I do, it comes out raspy and weak. “Hey. How bad do I look?” Judging by the sound of my voice, probably not very good.

Momizi’s face becomes one of conflict. She looks as if she’s about to yell at me, yet can’t bring herself to. She doesn’t answer my question; a voice behind me does.

“Not bad, considering what you went through. Looks like you’re going to be okay.” Aya. She doesn’t sound upset. “Though how you managed to get yourself in a fight with the flower youkai after only a day here is something I’ll probably never figure out.”

I can’t see her from this angle. Where is she standing?

Momizi speaks. Her voice is shaky. “H-… Wh… Ugh! Why did you leave?! You could’ve died!” She’s trying to hold back, but she’s not doing a very good job of it.

A new voice now, one distinctly feminine. I can’t see who it is, but I don’t recognize it. “Should’ve died. He didn’t, and that’s something we should be thankful for.” Momizi softens a bit, still looking at me. “If…” She takes a deep breath. “If you had just waited a day to… to do whatever you were doing…” She pauses again, turning away from me. “I was planning on teaching you…” Her voice becomes shaky again and she trails off.

“Aw, come on, it’s not like he didn’t live.” Aya again. “’sides, I hear he wasn’t completely helpless, were you, Faust?” I can here a grin in her voice, and to be honest, it was comforting. I make an attempt at grinning myself, though I’m not sure how successful I am. It’s straining to do so.

My vision fades. Only for a moment.

-uch better, thank

There’s a field. No, wait, it used to be a field. Now it’s a desert. A field of brown. A field of death. There’s no possibility that life could thrive here again.

wish I knew

“…what he is.”

My vision comes back to me. Rather, I wake up. Hmm, that was a longer moment than I realized. There’s no one in my range of… wait a minute! I’m sitting up, and I can see a bigger portion of the room now. It’s… small. I’m sitting in a plain white bed, the frame made of a dark wood. Lighting in here is dim, but it’s rather nice, if I -

“Oh, you’re awake?” That same unfamiliar voice from before. It has a gentle ring to it. “I’m sorry for disturbing you, sir, but Miss Yagokoro needs to give you an injection.” Was she holding me up? I certainly didn’t sit up by myself. At least, I don’t think I did. There’s no way I’d be able to hold my head up like this.

“Thank you, Udonge. Now, I know this doesn’t mean much to you right now, but try to relax. You should be able to move soon.” Another feminine voice, this one very mature sounding. It was beginning to hit me just how many women I was running into. Not that I was complaining. “It’s probably a good idea that you think about something else right now.” A pause. “Hmm… Can you still speak? The Crow Tengu told me about you, and I can’t help but feel you must have a lot of questions. I’ll try to answer them to the best of my ability.”

My eyes become heavy, but I feel like I can trust this person, whoever they are. There’s a definite air of wisdom about them, and I have a lot on my mind, now that I think of it.

I've only got the energy left for one:

[ ] Ask if there’s any way to go about recovering lost memories.
[ ] Ask if she knows anything, anything at all, about me that could help me.
[ ] Ask her what she knows about this Yuka.
[ ] Bring up my blood and its apparent effect once it leaves my body.
[ ] Bring up the strange voices, whether awake or dreaming, I keep hearing.
[ ] Ask about herself.
[ ] Ask where the others went.
[ ] Other (write-in question)

________________________________________________

And now I'm sick. Hooray. Taking yet another day to recuperate and/or do schoolwork.
>> No. 9131
[ ] Bring up my blood and its apparent effect once it leaves my body.
>> No. 9132
[X] Bring up my blood and its apparent effect once it leaves my body.
>> No. 9133
[X] "This...is a different place?"
[X] "If they try to make me wear one of those funny hats, can I claim sanctuary here?"
[X] "Please?"
[X] "I'm really desperate here. If they shove me into one of those skirts, I'll ask that flower lady to have another go. Seriously."
>> No. 9134
[X] Bring up my blood and its apparent effect once it leaves my body.
>> No. 9135
[X] "If they try to make me wear one of those funny hats, can I claim sanctuary here?"
>> No. 9136
[X] Bring up my blood and its apparent effect once it leaves my body.

"Turns out my blood is made of fire or something."
>> No. 9137
[X] "If they try to make me wear one of those funny hats, can I claim sanctuary here?"
>> No. 9138
[x] Bring up the strange voices, whether awake or dreaming, I keep hearing.
>> No. 9139
>Miss Yagokoro needs to give you an injection
[x] Bring up my blood and its apparent effect once it leaves my body.

funny write-in is awesome.jpg and all, but we should really bring this up before she PUNCTURES OUR BLOOD VESSELS.
>> No. 9140
[x] Bring up my blood and its apparent effect once it leaves my body.
>> No. 9144
[x] Bring up my blood and its apparent effect once it leaves my body.
>> No. 9154
[x] Bring up my blood and its apparent effect once it leaves my body.

We are hotblooded.
>> No. 9156
Calling the vote now.

There's no way I'm getting the update out today. Tomorrow? Maybe.
>> No. 9189
[x] Bring up my blood and its apparent effect once it leaves my body.


I have a lot of questions, but there’s one in particular I need to mention. She said she was going to give me an injection, but that means… she’ll break the skin! There’ll be blood! My thoughts turn to the fight with Yuka, and I’m compelled to mention my blood.

…But it’s more difficult to talk this time. My mind works fine, but evidently I was losing feeling all over, and the muscles in my face were no exception. I make a few nonsensical mumbles before I can form words in my mouth. “Mm… nngh… buuuh… bluuud…”

“You don’t have to worry about that. I’ve already taken precautions, so you won’t lose much blood.” What? No! Wait! You don’t understand! My blood! It’s… it’ll… wait…

Ah…

. . .

Someone is holding my hand. The hand is feminine. Soft. Unfamiliar, but pleasant to feel. Yet it seems cold to the touch. The fact that I can feel all of this probably means I can move again. Even so, I dare not try to move or open my eyes. I don’t know why.

The room is not empty, but it’s quiet. It’s likely that whoever is holding my hand is in here alone. Even so, I don’t move. A part of me doesn’t want this comfortable situation to change; the other part is too tired to argue.

My eyes are closed, but I can almost make out a face.

. . .

My eyes open reflexively as I wake up yet again. The room is well lit now, but it doesn’t seem like anyone’s around. I’m still a bit disorientated, but I try to move my right hand to test the control over my body. I squeeze the soft fabric of bed sheets. Good, I can move again. I wonder how much I’ve recovered? Actually, how long have I been out?

“Oh!” There’s a distinctly high-pitched voice to my right. Making a weak attempt to turn my head, I see an opened door and a small girl with long, white ears placed on top of her short, curly amber hair. Needless to say, I didn’t recognize her.

She certainly looked surprised to see me awake. I force myself to give a weak smile, hoping to make the situation a little less awkward. Judging by her reaction, though, I probably only succeeded in making myself look a little creepier; she emitted a tiny squeak in response and instantly shot out of the doorway, quickly shutting the door behind her.

Huh. So much for a good first impression.

I look around the room now that I can see more. The wooden walls appear to be glossy and smooth. Thin too. They’re a nice light shade of brown. The door seems to be made of the same type of wood, as well as being the same type of sliding door as back at Aya’s place.

And then I notice the sliding door open slightly. What I can only assume to be the girl from before is peeking in, as I see a single eye staring at me. Better make myself appear… friendlier. “Hey.” My voice, although still weak, sounded a lot better. Seems I was indeed recovering.

The eye disappears from the crack in the doorway almost immediately, and for a second I feel as if I’ve somehow scared her off. Then I notice the door slide open slowly as the girl behind it deliberately looks away from me.

Now’s a good a time as any to sit up. I push myself up slowly with my right arm, finding that my left is now wrapped in a heavier gauze and in a sling around my neck. I seem to be dressed in a long white shirt now, and just as well; my old clothes were probably ruined at this point. I’ll have to apologize for that when I get the chance.

Turning my head to the girl in the doorway again, I get a better look at her. She was smaller than I realized before; she couldn’t be any taller than up to my knees. Practically a child. She wore a simple turquoise dress, and it matched her quite well. Her ears were… really long. Never quite seen ears like those before, but it wasn’t like I was in a position to call her strange for it.

The girl stands there, fidgeting and shifting subtlety back and forth. “I, uh…” I say, trying to break the tension. “How long have I been here?”

She looks up, but still manages to avoid eye contact with me. “C-c-close to three days, s-sir.” I notice now that she’s visibly trembling.

“Are you frightened of me?” I ask, puzzled. I can’t be all that scary, could I?

She shakes her head nervously, leaving me unconvinced. “M-miss Y-y-yagokoro told us n-not to bother you… sir.” She takes a quick breath. “She did say she wanted to ask you some questions, but n-not until you feel better.” She nods, as if to reaffirm this with herself, then quickly adds, “Oh, but not right now, she’s busy.”

“Questions?” Apparently nothing too dire happened with my blood… Well, I seem to have some time to kill right now. Maybe I should try being active after sleeping for so long. I better take it easy for now, though. “Do you know where I could find my friends?”

She looks puzzled for a moment before her face lights up. “Oh, the people th-that keep coming here? T-they should be around here somewhere…”

[ ] Ask where to find Momizi.
[ ] Ask where to find Aya.
[ ] Ask to find Miss Yagokoro anyway.
[ ] Ask for the closest exit. I need fresh air.
[ ] Ask the girl for her name.
>> No. 9190
[ ] Ask the girl for her name.
[ ] Ask where to find Momizi.
[ ] Ask where to find Aya.
>> No. 9192
[x] Winning vote
plus
[x] Ask the girl for her name.
at the end
>> No. 9193
[ ] Ask the girl for her name.
[ ] Ask where to find Momizi.
[ ] Ask where to find Aya.
>> No. 9194
[ ] Ask the girl for her name.
[ ] Ask where to find Momizi.
[ ] Ask where to find Aya.
>> No. 9195
[x] Ask for the closest exit. I need fresh air.
[x] Ask the girl for her name.
>> No. 9196
[ ] Ask the girl for her name.
>> No. 9197
[x] Ask the girl for her name.
[x] Ask where to find Momizi.
[x] Ask where to find Aya.
>> No. 9199
>She was smaller than I realized before; she couldn’t be any taller than up to my knees. Practically a child.
wait what?
>> No. 9201
Guess I'll call the vote now, even though there aren't technically five votes.

I may be able to get the update out by the end of tonight. If not... well, tomorrow then.

>>9199

Yeah, I looked at that earlier and puzzled myself. I guess I was measuring her height while completely disregarding her ears, so technically she's not that short...

You know what? Forget it. She's taller than that. I would imagine it's more like she reaches the top of Faust's lower torso. Sorry, I guess I wasn't thinking when I wrote that. It was 3 in the morning.
>> No. 9202
>>9201

Or may Faust is a giant.

I don't know, but I think it should be a rule that people named Faust should be freakishly tall.
>> No. 9203
>>9202

Well, he's no giant, but I imagined him pretty tall. Just not so tall as to make everyone around him appear like a dwarf.

I was wondering when someone was gonna make a Faust/Faust joke. There's no correlation, but I find it funny.
>> No. 9204
Yeah, Fausts tend to be pretty tall.
>> No. 9214
>>9201
Well, your imagination is different from the readers'. Because she's so nervous/scared, and possibly because of her age, her ears might be drooping, giving her no more than an inch or two from her head, and putting her at knee-length from a quick, first perspective.
>> No. 9217
[x] Ask the girl for her name.
[x] Ask where to find Momizi.
[x] Ask where to find Aya.


Poor girl. She’s still clearly terrified of me. No idea why, though I don’t really know what I look like at the moment either. Probably a mess if it’s enough to frighten a child. I kinda feel bad for her. “What’s your name?” I say, looking and sounding as safe and secure as I can muster.

Her face seems to relax a bit. “M… Mio, sir.” She stops fidgeting and we make eye contact for the first time. I can tell by the look in her eyes that she’s young, if her overall appearance wasn’t enough evidence.

“Mio, huh? That’s a nice name.” I smile again, and she loosens up a bit more. It appears that I’m making her feel at least a tiny bit more comfortable around me. “Listen, Mio, I need to find my friends. You wouldn’t know where to find Momizi, would you? You know, the one that looks a lot like me?” Mio thought for a short moment before shaking her head again. “Aya, then? The one with-” Hm. “The one with black hair and no tail?” Another head shake. That’s… disappointing. “But I can find out!” she says, darting out of the room. I start to call out to her, but think better of it.

…I’d better make myself more presentable. No mirror or reflective surface to speak of in this room, so I’d better find one. Throwing the bedsheets back, I place my right leg first on the hard wooden floor to see if I can still hold myself up properly. …Seems okay. Left leg now. Both are normal; no sign of damage to them. Standing up, I notice the plain shirt I’m wearing comes down to my knees. I can’t help it right now, but I should really find something better to wear as soon as possible. I feel my left side with my working arm. Everything seems to be in order there. Checking over my arms now, my right arm feels normal, but I can feel a dull pain in my left. Obvious, really, considering the sling, but it seems I haven’t quite recovered yet. At least I still feel pain. Hooray.

Taking a moment to stretch and make sure my legs are in good working condition, I slide the door open and step out of the room for the first time in what was probably days, emerging in the middle of what seemed like an endless hallway. To my left the walls become translucent screens, but I can’t see where the hall ends. To my right… there are several pairs of eyes staring at me. The sets of eyes belong to several small girls, none of whom I recognize, all who have similar ears (though some of the ears droop more than others). Feeling awkward, I raise my working arm to wave to them in a friendly gesture, but I only cause them to run away. Don’t tell me they’re afraid of me as well? I must really look terrible.

I turn back around to see an older-looking girl, also with the same ears (these look a bit wrinkled), walking towards me quickly. There’s an echo in her steps; must be because of the screen walls or something. Her lavender hair is extremely long, nearly as long as she is tall, and she’s almost my height. She’s wearing what looks like some kind of uniform, complete with a short skirt. Something about her eyes seems… off. Almost like I can’t look directly into them no matter how hard I try.

“What are you doing up?!” She sounds distinctly familiar. Probably one of the voices I heard when I was half-asleep. “You should still be resting!”

“Eh, I feel fine. Great, even.” I deliberately emphasize my good arm. “I hear my friends are around here somewhere. You wouldn’t happen to know where they would be, would you?” No telling how long a small girl like Mio is gonna take, or even if she’s looking for them at all, considering her apparent fear of me.

The older girl, now reaching within arm’s length, nods. “I’ve been speaking with your sister until now. The last I heard from Miss Shameimaru, she went outside a while ago.” Ah, there we… wait, why is Aya outside? What could she be doing?

For some reason that reminds me. “Hey, uh… do I look… normal?” I point to my face while saying this. She seems puzzled. “I’m not sure what you mean. I’ve never seen you before the injuries, but I’d say you look good for how much you’ve been through.” She smiles at me. I’m not sure that answered my question. Maybe her strange eyes are throwing me off.

“Oh, I don’t think I’ve properly introduced myself.” She gives a long bow. “My name is Reisen. You are… Faust, correct? I’ve certainly heard a lot about you.”

“That’s my name,” I say in response. “I’m not sure what there is to hear about me, but thanks for taking care of me all the same.” I can feel several stares on my back. No doubt the smaller girls from before.

[ ] Join Reisen and Momizi in conversation.
[ ] Go outside and find Aya.
[ ] Stay here and wait for Mio.
[ ] Scare the ‘children’ behind me.

________________________________________________

>>9214

I could take that approach, but I was trying to illiterate the fact that she's relatively young, even for a youkai. Therefore, I don't really want her ears to droop much, if at all. Just consider it a bad judgement call on Faust's part or him measuring her without the ears for the sake of the story, but it's really just the writer's fault.
>> No. 9218
[ ] Stay here and wait for Mio.

Let's at least do that.
>> No. 9219
[X] Stay here and wait for Mio.

Waiting games.

On another note, his shirt comes down to his knees? Considering that he's apparently pretty damn tall, that's rather impressive.
>> No. 9220
>>9219

Let's say he's wearing a curtain then.

Completely serious though, I believe it's too small for him, otherwise it should reach his feet.
>> No. 9221
[X] Stay here and wait for Mio.
>> No. 9222
[X] Stay here and wait for Mio.
>> No. 9225
[x] Scare the ‘children’ behind me.

Inb4 Tewi and the rabbits' crusade to defeat the evil wolf-monster of Eientei.
>> No. 9226
[X] Stay here and wait for Mio.
>> No. 9235
[X] Stay here and wait for Mio.
>> No. 9236
[X] Stay here and wait for Mio.
>> No. 9238
...Alright, I guess Faust is gonna wait for Mio then.

Update comes tomorrow unless I say otherwise.
>> No. 9271
[x] Stay here and wait for Mio.


“Anyway, Reisen,” I continue, “I would join you, but I’m actually waiting for someone right now. I’d better not just ditch her, you know?” Better not mention her name; if Momizi and Aya weren’t in my room, chances are Mio wasn’t supposed to be, which could get her in trouble. But even if there’s a chance she isn’t coming back, it wasn’t a chance I was willing to take. What if she did come back? I’m already frightening nearly everyone I see. I don’t need my reputation getting any worse around here.

She nodded, but looked a bit puzzled. “In that case, I’ll go inform my master that you’re awake… You’ll be alright standing there?”

“Of course. I told you, I feel fine.” Actually, I would prefer standing right now. It felt good to stretch my legs after so much rest.

“Well, alright then. Don’t push yourself too much, though. You still need more time to recover.” She turned and walked off, leaving me to be stared at by a bunch of little girls. Trying to ignore their gaze, I close my eyes and lean against the wall that separates me from ‘my’ room in an attempt to wait patiently.

. . .

Time passes slowly. Before long I could feel the muscles in my legs beginning to strain from standing in one position for too long. I shift positions to remedy this, and… my foot collides with something! What the… I open my eyes as I hear a high-pitched cry. Mio? I look down to see a girl who looks like Mio thanks to those ears, but quite obviously isn’t. And she isn’t alone. She just happened to be the one who got too close, it seems. Apparently the small group of girls had decided to take advantage of my eyes being closed and snuck up to get a better look of me. The rest of the group has already started running away, betraying their friend to her ‘fate’. I look down at the new girl, who is now too terrified to do anything.

What?”

That came out wrong. I was simply trying to ask a question, but my increasing agitation shone through my tone of voice. The girl shrieked and leaped backward with incredible dexterity, running down the hall to my right. I watch her as she runs off then sigh to myself.

I’m no good with kids.

. . .

I really don’t like waiting like this. Just how long is Mio gonna take to find Momizi or Aya? I mean, I already know where they are. This is purely for her sake. Ugh.

My mind wanders. ‘To find your answers you must leave this mountain’? Well, I left the mountain for better or for worse, I suppose. But I’m sure there were better ways to go about leaving than picking a fight with Yuka. What was the Hat Man thinking? Seems like a rather poor way to go about ‘helping’ me.

And just like that, words begin to etch themselves into the wall opposite of me. The Hat Man!

‘eternity guide you’

…What’s that supposed to mean? ‘Eternity guide me’? Something vague like that isn’t gonna…! Wait. I hear voices.

“This way, this way!”

“Hahaha, are you sure this is the right way? This hallway feels like it goes on forever…”

“…I’m getting a bad feeling about this Faust.”

“Oh, c’mon. He’s not a bad guy!”

In the distance to my right, I can make out figures in the shadows. The one in front is Mio. Finally! But who’s following her? The stranger-looking one is easily the tallest of the group. Very mature-looking too. I don’t recognize her in the slightest. But the last was…!

“Sanae?!”

Surprised, Sanae stops and looks at me. “Faust? Oh, you’re alright!” She runs to me and pulls me into a soft embrace; I’m pretty sure I could see pink in her face, and I know I sensed a burning feeling in mine. “I was so worried!”

…I guess I must look normal then. “What are you doing here? How did you know I was here?” This was a surprise. I didn’t expect her to care enough to visit me after meeting me only one time.

I break off the hug as soon as I feel her move to do so. “Well, word tends to travel pretty fast around Gensokyo, and I am right on the mountain. I only just got the chance to come down and see how you’re doing.” Her face was still slightly flushed.

“Well, it’s certainly a pleasant surprise! Thanks for coming all this… well, I really don’t know how far away this place is from the shrine.” I look down to thank Mio, but there’s no one; she must have already left. Oh well, I’ll have to find her later.

“Eientei isn’t too long of a flight. Not the shortest trip, but I suppose it could be worse.” The mature woman speaks, and her voice seems to fill up the halls. I get a good look at her now: She’s wearing a decorative red long-sleeved shirt and a long black skirt. There appears to be a mirror placed on the center of her chest (odd) and ropes are tied around her sleeves and waist. Her full blue hair featured a rope tied around the top as well. She was quite a sight to behold.

“Oh, I’m sorry! Faust, this is… um, my guardian, Kanako.” Sanae introduces us. “Kanako, Faust.” I say nothing. I can’t bring myself to. Something about this Kanako is… awe-worthy.

“You’re certainly unimpressive-looking for someone with your reputation.” Evidently she didn’t think the same way about me. She wears a contemplative look on her face as she studied me. Better make a good impression.

[ ] Write-in response.
________________________________________________

Sanae Route: Open!

And now a route is available. I guess I should take a brief moment to explain. There's no 'locking' routes here, but there are a limited number of routes available, and needless to say, only one is obtainable. Not too much to say about that, but decide if you want to go for a particular route or not. The whole reason I included the 'unlocking' of routes was to illustrate when exactly the character begins to show signs of being interested.

And now I think I'm done. I must have nearly passed out close to twenty times today, and a lot of them were standing up. Might be a good sign that I need to sleep.
>> No. 9274
[x] "Sorry to disappoint. What am I reputed to be like?"
>> No. 9279
[x] "Sorry to disappoint. What am I reputed to be like?"
>> No. 9281
[x] "Nice to meet you"
[x] "Sorry to disappoint. What am I reputed to be like?"

Manners, anon.
>> No. 9282
[x] "Nice to meet you"
[x] "Sorry to disappoint. What am I reputed to be like?"
>> No. 9283
[x] "Nice to meet you"
[x] "Sorry to disappoint. What am I reputed to be like?"
>> No. 9284
[x] "Nice to meet you"
[x] "Sorry to disappoint. What am I reputed to be like?"
>> No. 9285
[x] "Nice to meet you"
[x] "Sorry to disappoint. What am I reputed to be like?"
>> No. 9286
[x] "Nice to meet you"
[x] "Sorry to disappoint. What am I reputed to be like?"
>> No. 9291
...Guess I should call the vote, huh?

I'm still pretty out of it today. Update comes tomorrow.
>> No. 9326
Alright, I'm writing right now, but I'm pretty behind schedule. Long story short, I got rather discouraged today, so I've only just begun writing, and I still have schoolwork to do. I'll try to get the update out tonight, but I may not be able to, in which case, it'll come tomorrow, obviously.

Sorry for the delay.
>> No. 9384
Updates?
>> No. 9386
I gave my word that this story would finish. I'm not about to stop now.

My apologies for disappearing. Again. Update is done and in heavy revision.
>> No. 9387
>>9386

That's good.

I enjoy your writing and it depresses me when you're gone for long periods of time and we're left without material to read.
>> No. 9396
[x] “Nice to meet you.”
[x] “Sorry to disappoint. What am I reputed to be like?”


“It’s nice to meet you, Kanako.” I hold out my hand out of respect, hoping she’ll shake it. She doesn’t. “Uh,” I start, awkwardly withdrawing my hand. “Um… I’m sorry to disappoint, but uh… what, may I ask, am I reputed to be like?”

Kanako’s face remained unchanged. Actually, it seemed to grow a bit… harsher? “What, you mean you don’t know? Don’t act like you don’t-“

“Kanako!” Sanae interrupts her scolding with a stern voice, and Kanako stops, though she continues to eye me. Then, in a much calmer, though completely serious voice, Sanae speaks. “Faust, what happened… well, it was…” She pauses, struggling to find the right words. “Um… events… like that don’t normally happen every day, and…”

Kanako interrupts with a voice that booms through the hallways, let alone alarming me. She’s positively fuming. “You practically blew off half the mountain with that little skirmish you had!”

“Kanako, please!” Sanae stops her again, and Kanako is silent, though still very much angry. “Faust, it wasn’t that bad! It… well, obviously Yuka used a spellcard, but… but there’s far more damage than there should be. And we… we don’t know what happened.”

“The whole mountain knows ya now, and I daresay at least half of Gensokyo.” An all-too familiar voice from behind me causes me to turn. “Tell me, Faust, how does it feel to be famous?” From the other side of the hallway, walking just past the screen walls, was Aya. She was smirking and her arms were crossed.

“It’s your fault.” Momizi’s voice came from further down the hall, and she emerges from behind Aya, glaring at the back of her head.

“Hey now, it’s not my fault he made a huge mess of things!” Aya protests, looking back at Momizi, who had now practically stomped up beside her. She looks at me and her face becomes noticeably more emotional, though what exactly that emotion was, I was unsure of. She turns her head away, almost as if she doesn’t want to look at me.

I feel something brush my leg; I looked around and saw Mio staring up at me, hiding behind Kanako’s dress. Sanae giggles and I can hear Kanako grumble something underneath her breath. Ah, so she must’ve led Momizi and Aya to me as well. I calmly beckon with my hand for her to come closer, but she seemed perfectly content to stay where she was and continue staring at me. Well, let her come to know she doesn’t have to fear me on her own, ‘cause I was getting nowhere with this ‘being friendly’ business. All the same, though, I offer a silent ‘thanks’ to her.

Facing the tengu I had come to know as family, my mind turns to the few conscious moments I had when I first arrived. “Hey… I’m sorry for worrying you two,” I say rather sheepishly. Out of the corner of my eye, I glance back at the wall where the Hat Man’s words were inscribed before. They were gone. Just as expected. Really gotta figure out who he is, or that’s gonna bug me to no end.

Momizi gives a weak smile and nods, but Aya is clearly taken aback. “Ahh, uhhh…!” she stutters. “D-don’t worry about it! Just… just don’t do anything like that again!” Honestly, her reaction is comical, and I can’t help but smile.

A sharp voice quickly cuts the mood. “Faust.” Reisen appears from a distance in the hallway, wearing a look on her face that accompanies her voice quite nicely. “My master would like to go ahead and speak to you now.” She glances around our small group cluttered in the middle of the hallway. “Alone. She says it’s very important.”

[ ] Agree to go alone and follow Reisen.
[ ] Insist that (specify character) can accompany me.
[ ] Demand that everyone deserves to know as much as I do.

Also:

[ ] Go without questions.
[ ] Request a change of attire. This long shirt is a bit embarrassing.

________________________________________________

>>9387

...Thank you.
>> No. 9398
[ ] Agree to go alone and follow Reisen.
[ ] Request a change of attire. This long shirt is a bit embarrassing.
>> No. 9399
[x] Agree to go alone and follow Reisen.
[x] Request a change of attire. This long shirt is a bit embarrassing.
>> No. 9400
[x] Agree to go alone and follow Reisen.
[x] Request a change of attire. This long shirt is a bit embarrassing.
>> No. 9401
>Kanako interrupts with a voice that booms through the hallways, let alone alarming me. She’s positively fuming. “You practically blew off half the mountain with that little skirmish you had!”

Well damn. We're more impressive than I thought we'd be. Can't wait for Reimu to show up to try to beat us down.
[x] Agree to go alone and follow Reisen.
[x] Request a change of attire. This long shirt is a bit embarrassing.
>> No. 9403
[X] Insist that Aya can accompany me.
>> No. 9405
[ ] Agree to go alone and follow Reisen.
[ ] Request a change of attire. This long shirt is a bit embarrassing.
>> No. 9407
[x] Agree to go alone and follow Reisen.
[x] Request a change of attire. This long shirt is a bit embarrassing.
>> No. 9408
[x] Demand that everyone deserves to know as much as I do.
[x] Request a change of attire. This long shirt is a bit embarrassing.

Oh no. Too dangerous to go alone. At least take Momizi with us if nothing else.
>> No. 9411
>>9408
I'd happily take Momiji instead of the boomerang OR sword.
>> No. 9418
[x] Agree to go alone and follow Reisen.
[X] Request a change of attire. This long shirt is a bit embarrassing.
>> No. 9435
Alright, it's obvious what won, so I'm calling it.

Gonna shoot for the update coming out by tomorrow.
>> No. 9467
...Yeeeeaaaah, can't finish the update by tonight. I should have it ready by tomorrow if my words mean anything.
>> No. 9468
>>9467

Koakuma's beak like mouth will tear out your heart.
>> No. 9484
Okay. Yes, I'm writing, but I should explain the situation at hand. See, I've been working all weekend, so I figured I'd take care of the update while at work in my free time. When I was too busy to do anything productive at work yesterday, I figured today would turn out alright, since that's generally how my shifts go.

Yeah, it didn't. Today's been terrible. Ended up short-circuiting equipment and spent most of my shift worrying over possibly losing my job. Everything looks like it's gonna work out now, but I've still got a small headache from earlier. So I'm gonna try to finish the update tonight because I really want to, but if I don't make it in time, you know why.

I'm posting from work, by the way. My sincerest apologies for taking so long.
>> No. 9519
[x] Agree to go alone and follow Reisen.
[x] Request a change of attire. This long shirt is a bit embarrassing.


“Alright, that’s fine,” I answer. “But uh, first… could I possibly get a change of clothes? This… shirt… is a little embarrassing.” I give a gentle tug to the shirt where it meets my waist.

Reisen nods, but the composure in her face seems to lessen slightly. “Oh, right, I’m sorry. I’ll go grab something simple.” She turns and briskly walks off and into a door not far off to her right. She’s gone only for a moment before she emerges again, holding a neatly folded indigo-colored robe. “This should be good enough for now,” she says, handing me the robe. It’s… surprisingly light. “Hurry and put it on. I’m not sure you’ll want to keep my master waiting.”

I look at her blankly. I can feel everyone’s eyes on me. Surely she didn’t expect me to… “Oh… oh! I’m sorry, here, let me help you,” she says quickly. Hey now, wait a… She’s already unfolding the robe. Yeah. She wants me to put it on right now, in front of everyone. Well, I suppose it isn’t so bad if she means to put it on over the shirt I’m already wearing. Still feels a little weird though.

Holding it out for me, I slip my right arm through. Easy enough… but now I have half a robe hanging off of my shoulder. Reisen apparently let it go for a moment as she began to gently move my left arm out of the sling. There’s still a dull sting, but it feels like it’s beginning to fade. Still, better not try to move it.

Momizi sighs audibly. “You wouldn’t have to deal with this if you were just a bit more careful.” There’s a hint of amusement in her voice, and Sanae giggles again. It’s relaxing to hear now-carefree voices.

I feel the robe slump over my left shoulder. Woah, she already slid my arm through the sleeve? I didn’t even notice. “You should be okay now,” Reisen says quietly, gently lifting my left arm to slide it through the sling.

“Heeey, that looks great on ya!” Aya says with laughter in her voice. “No, really, I think you were born to wear it, yeah?” Smiles from both Momizi and Sanae reinforce her words. Kanako obviously looks indifferent. Obviously she doesn’t think too highly of me. Either way, this robe was incredibly comfortable.

Just as I’m about to reply, Reisen cuts me off. “I’m sorry, but we really must be off.” Wait, my arm’s already in the sling? Wow, she’s quick and efficient. She clasps her hand on my good arm and begins to lead me down the hallway where the screen walls were; her grip is very firm, but it isn’t painful in the least. I barely have time to wave goodbye to the small party cluttered in the middle of the hall before we’re off.

“I’m sorry to cut the reunion short, but I really don’t want to keep her waiting, you know?” Reisen remarks as she quickly pulls me down the hallway. It’s not overwhelming to keep up, though.

“Don’t worry about it,” I reply. “It’s not like I’m never gonna see them again. Though I would’ve liked to have a bit more time with them, I suppose.”

“I’m sorry.” She kept walking quickly.

… “Uh, Reisen?” Enough was enough.

“Yes sir?”

“Stop apologizing so much.”

“I’m s- … Yes sir.”

. . .

After what seemed like walking down the same hallway for forever, we stopped at a door that was on our left. Something about this door seemed more special than the others we passed. This must be the place.

Reisen slid the door open quietly. “Master? I’ve brought the guest you wanted to see.” The door opens all the way, and inside was… a much larger room than expected. There are several tables around the room with loads of unfamiliar equipment and vials of odd-colored liquids organized on top. A couple of bookshelves near the end of the room are completely filled with huge textbooks, and there’s an unpleasant aroma emanating from the room, probably from one of those vials. There’s also a desk near the end of the room, and sitting at it is a woman I’ve never seen before, but I had a feeling I had already met her. Her attire is a strange blend of red and blue and was covered with several bright dots with lines connecting them. She sports an oddly shaped cap that matches her outfit on top of her long silver hair. Her face’s features are sharp and well defined and, in a way, could be considered flawless. In all honestly, she’s beautiful. I notice, though, that she doesn’t have the same type of ears that everyone here had thus far …No idea what that’s supposed to mean. She’s clearly in the middle of writing something, but from this distance it’s impossible to tell what. This is probably the person who gave me that injection earlier, judging from her clothes and overall look.

She looks up at Reisen’s words and gave the kind of smile that reminded me of a motherly figure. Actually, more than a motherly figure. Those eyes reflect wisdom far beyond her looks, They almost looked as if she’s lived ten lives. She looked as if she could answer every question ever asked. “Ah, good, thank you Udonge. Let him in.” Yep, that’s her. Reisen bows, then steps outside of the room and motions for me to enter.

Stepping inside, the woman stares at me briefly. “Don’t just stand there and look uncomfortable, dear. Please, sit.” There’s an empty chair near her desk. I cross the room and sit opposite of her at her desk. She’s still staring at me.

“You must be confused at everything that’s been happening.” Her voice is warm and comforting. “I trust you’ve been comfortable, at least, while being here?”

I nod. If I can’t remember most of the past three days, I’d say I was pretty comfortable. “Thanks for looking after me. No idea how I ended up here after all that, but I’m sure I was a mess.”

She laughs. “That you were. You’re remarkably durable to come out alive, regardless of your condition.”

I pause, as I’m not really sure what to say. Luckily she continues. “I wanted to see you because I’ve been studying you since you’ve arrived, and I have some important questions I need to ask, but I think I’ll let you go first and properly ask me what you need to. You may accidentally answer my questions without my having to ask them, after all.”

[ ] Ask a question (up to three)
>> No. 9520
[X] Who am I? I mean, I understand if you don't exactly know who I am. What I mean is--what am I? I mean, I've got...bits. Bits that I don't think are the norm, right?
[X] And what exactly happened? I mean, that girl attacked me, and there was...I don't know what. I can't exactly remember. It just...hurt really bad. Did someone save me at the last moment or something?
[X] But, well, most importantly...do you know where I can find a decent set of clothes? Like a T-shirt, you know, with the armpits not cut out, and a pair of pants with a leg for each leg and all. Do you know where I can get anything like that?
>> No. 9521
[X] Who am I? I mean, I understand if you don't exactly know who I am. What I mean is--what am I? I mean, I've got...bits. Bits that I don't think are the norm, right?
[X] And what exactly happened? I mean, that girl attacked me, and there was...I don't know what. I can't exactly remember. It just...hurt really bad. Did someone save me at the last moment or something?
[X] But, well, most importantly...do you know where I can find a decent set of clothes? Like a T-shirt, you know, with the armpits not cut out, and a pair of pants with a leg for each leg and all. Do you know where I can get anything like that?
>> No. 9522
[X] Who am I? I mean, I understand if you don't exactly know who I am. What I mean is--what am I? I mean, I've got...bits. Bits that I don't think are the norm, right?
[X] What am I?
[X] And what exactly happened? I mean, that girl attacked me, and there was...I don't know what. I can't exactly remember. It just...hurt really bad. Did someone save me at the last moment or something?
[X] But, well, most importantly...do you know where I can find a decent set of clothes? Like a T-shirt, you know, with the armpits not cut out, and a pair of pants with a leg for each leg and all. Do you know where I can get anything like that?

Our blood explodes and ignites stuff. Surely the good doctor has an explanation for this ...
>> No. 9523
[X] Who am I? I mean, I understand if you don't exactly know who I am. What I mean is--what am I? I mean, I've got...bits. Bits that I don't think are the norm, right?
[X] And what exactly happened? I mean, that girl attacked me, and there was...I don't know what. I can't exactly remember. It just...hurt really bad. Did someone save me at the last moment or something?
[X] But, well, most importantly...do you know where I can find a decent set of clothes? Like a T-shirt, you know, with the armpits not cut out, and a pair of pants with a leg for each leg and all. Do you know where I can get anything like that?
>> No. 9524
[x] Nothing happened when you tried to stick a needle in me, did it? Or when I was first brought in? My blood seems to cause fires.
[x] What exactly happened on the mountain? I mean, from when I was found until now? Who was that girl?
[x] Is there anything abnormal about me that you could inform me about? I'm really not sure what I am, or even how I came to be. Plus, I've been seeing strange writings appear in the sky, or on the walls and ground whenever I'm alone.
>> No. 9525
>[X] But, well, most importantly...do you know where I can find a decent set of clothes? Like a T-shirt, you know, with the armpits not cut out, and a pair of pants with a leg for each leg and all. Do you know where I can get anything like that?

ALL I WANT IS A DECENT PAIR OF PANTS
>> No. 9529
[X] Who am I? I mean, I understand if you don't exactly know who I am. What I mean is--what am I? I mean, I've got...bits. Bits that I don't think are the norm, right?
[X] And what exactly happened? I mean, that girl attacked me, and there was...I don't know what. I can't exactly remember. It just...hurt really bad. Did someone save me at the last moment or something?
[X] But, well, most importantly...do you know where I can find a decent set of clothes? Like a T-shirt, you know, with the armpits not cut out, and a pair of pants with a leg for each leg and all. Do you know where I can get anything like that?
>> No. 9544
[X] Who am I? I mean, I understand if you don't exactly know who I am. What I mean is--what am I? I mean, I've got...bits. Bits that I don't think are the norm, right?
[X] And what exactly happened? I mean, that girl attacked me, and there was...I don't know what. I can't exactly remember. It just...hurt really bad. Did someone save me at the last moment or something?
[X] But, well, most importantly...do you know where I can find a decent set of clothes? Like a T-shirt, you know, with the armpits not cut out, and a pair of pants with a leg for each leg and all. Do you know where I can get anything like that?
>> No. 9545
[X] Who am I? I mean, I understand if you don't exactly know who I am. What I mean is--what am I? I mean, I've got...bits. Bits that I don't think are the norm, right?
[X] And what exactly happened? I mean, that girl attacked me, and there was...I don't know what. I can't exactly remember. It just...hurt really bad. Did someone save me at the last moment or something?
[X] But, well, most importantly...do you know where I can find a decent set of clothes? Like a T-shirt, you know, with the armpits not cut out, and a pair of pants with a leg for each leg and all. Do you know where I can get anything like that?
>> No. 9546
Nice. Very nice. Calling it.

I'm aiming to get the update out tonight.
>> No. 9548
>>9546

...or not. Worth a shot, though. I'm too tired to continue writing and I need to wake up in six hours.

Update will come tomorrow or your money back. I wanna stop taking too long in between updates like I have been recently.
>> No. 9567
[x] Who am I? I mean, I understand if you don't exactly know who I am. What I mean is--what am I? I mean, I've got... bits. Bits that I don't think are the norm, right?
[x] And what exactly happened? I mean, that girl attacked me, and there was... I don't know what. I can't exactly remember. It just... hurt really bad. Did someone save me at the last moment or something?
[x] But, well, most importantly... do you know where I can find a decent set of clothes? Like a T-shirt, you know, with the armpits not cut out, and a pair of pants with a leg for each leg and all. Do you know where I can get anything like that?


“Well, alright then.” I sure hope she can answer some of my questions. Better start out with the most obvious one. “Um, just… who am I?” Agh, not quite what I had in mind. “I mean, I understand if you don’t exactly know who I am… What I mean is—“

What are you?” The woman who I presume to be the ‘Miss Yagokoro’ now gives me a polite smile after so casually reading my thoughts. “Ah, well, uh, yes.” I do a poor job of concealing my being caught off guard. “Well, I mean, there are… things… about me that really shouldn’t be normal, you know?”

Miss Yagokoro closes her eyes for a moment as she takes a deep breath. “A bit of a vague question, but one that wasn’t unexpected. In truth, this is why I wanted to speak to you.” She opens her eyes again, but this time they’re different. There’s a genuine concern in her eyes, like she’s about to say something dire. It’s an uncomfortable feeling. “‘Faust’ is what those tengu call you, correct? Quite a peculiar name. Did you remember it?” I nodded. No reason to bring up the Hat Man’s involvement. “Mmm…” She pauses again, probably thinking. Yeah, I don’t like how this is looking. “Okay, Faust. I’m going to tell you what I’ve been able to find out since you’ve arrived, though I’m afraid it’s not much, and it’ll only serve to confuse you more, I’m sure.”

“You really are an enigma, Faust. Not only to yourself, but to those around you as well.” The tone in her voice drops slightly as her gaze focuses solely on me. “I’ve been around for a long time. I’ve treated countless patients, humans and youkai alike. I know the ins and outs of every type of being in Gensokyo by now. Yet in all my years, I have never seen anyone or anything quite like you.” She pauses for a moment, allowing this to sink in. “It’s obvious enough that you’re no tengu. But the further I press, the more it looks like you’re not even a youkai at all. It’s clear you’re no human either.” She folds her hands and sets them on the desk in front of her. “On top of that, I can’t figure out how you stay alive. The way your body is constructed, it’s too unstable for it to maintain life. For instance, your blood.” Ah, figured this would come up without having to ask. “I don’t know the trigger yet, but something causes it to rapidly increase to temperatures that would normally incinerate a person from the inside. My guess would have to be the release of epinephrine into your bloodstream; perhaps that causes a chemical reaction? I can’t say for certain just yet, as it appears to only occur inside of your body. And then there’s…” She shakes her head. “No, no, never mind. I’m sorry, but the more I try to figure you out, the more mysteries make themselves apparent.”

From somewhere in the distance, there’s laughter. I try to put it out of my mind. “But wait…” I say; my voice comes out weaker than intended. “If it’s so difficult for me to stay alive, then why did I make it through that fight? I mean, that insane girl attacked me, and then there was…” I can feel a jolt of pain shoot through my left arm. I grit my teeth in an attempt to dull the sudden sensation. “…Well, I don’t know what it was. There was something, and it hurt. A lot.” Come to think of it, how did I get out of there? I don’t remember escaping. “Did… did someone save me?”

Miss Yagokoro smiles kindly. “Yes, someone saved you. Right now I think she prefers to remain anonymous, but I’m sure you’ll be meeting her soon enough. Really,” she added. “You’re quite lucky. Who knows? Perhaps it’s your luck that kept you alive?” Somehow I doubt that. There’s a lot missing from the puzzle here, and there must be someone who knows what’s going on. “Now, did you have any other questions?” she asked.

“Just one. Do you know where I could find uh… a normal set of clothes? Like… like a shirt without the armpits cut out and a pair of pants. The type of pants that have uh… a leg for each leg and… yeah, do you know where I could find something like that?” I had been ignoring it up until this point, but the clothes I had been borrowing from those around me were beginning to get on my nerves. Each outfit was more eccentric than the last, and though I don’t remember anything about myself, I remember what it’s like to wear a completely normal outfit. Really, I just want some pants. A decent pair of pants.

Miss Yagokoro looks at me blankly for a few moments before grinning at me. “Looks like you’ve certainly got your priorities in order!” She rises from her seat. “Sounds like what you’re looking for could most easily be found in the human village not too far from here. If it really bothers you enough, you can head there and find yourself a ‘decent’ set of clothes. You should be able to go there tomorrow, as I have no doubt you’ll be completely recovered by then.” She shakes her head again. “A remarkable recovery rate too… you certainly are something, Faust.”

She walks to the door I came in through. That’s probably a good sign to follow. “I’ll be researching all I can for you about who or what you might be. I’m very interested,” Miss Yagokoro says to me as I reach the door. “But you have to come back on occasion in order to hear what I have to say, and make sure it’s not under the same circumstances as this time.”

I nod in agreement, not really sure of how else to respond. “Thanks for your help, uh… Miss Yagokoro?”

She holds up her hand to stop me from calling her that. “Eirin will do. And really, thank you.” And with that, she slides the door open and I step outside of the room, our meeting over. “Take care, now,” she says as I exit…

…Only to run into Momizi standing in the hallway, back against the wall opposite the doorway with her arms crossed. She’s obviously waiting for me. “Miss Shameimaru said she’d be outside waiting for you when you were done. As for everyone else, I don’t know where they went.”

[ ] Go meet Aya outside.
[ ] Wander the halls looking for someone else.

________________________________________________

Well, it's not exactly on time, but at least I updated. And now I'm gonna go pass out or something.
>> No. 9568
[x] "Look, again, I'm sorry"
[x] Go meet Aya outside.
>> No. 9569
>Really, I just want some pants. A decent pair of pants.

SOLOMON GRUNDY WANTS PANTS TOO

[x] Go meet Aya outside.
>> No. 9570
[x] "Look, again, I'm sorry"
[x] Go meet Aya outside.
>> No. 9571
[x] Go meet Aya outside.
>> No. 9573
>>9567
>“Yes, someone saved you. Right now I think she prefers to remain anonymous, but I’m sure you’ll be meeting her soon enough. Really,” she added. “You’re quite lucky. Who knows? Perhaps it’s your luck that kept you alive?”
Pic related?

[X] Wander the halls looking for someone else: Momizi and Mio.

Tell sis about our clean bill of health and give a proper goodbye to our new acquaintance.
>> No. 9581
[X] Wander the halls looking for someone else: Momizi and Mio.
>> No. 9583
[x] "Look, again, I'm sorry"
[x] Go meet Aya outside.
>> No. 9587
>>9575>>9581>>9582
We are currently talking to Momizi.
>> No. 9588
[x] "Look, again, I'm sorry"
[x] Go meet Aya outside.
>> No. 9590
[x] "Look, again, I'm sorry"
[x] Go meet Aya outside.
>> No. 9592
...Yeah, guys, Momizi is right there. Not to mention Faust isn't leaving Eientei yet. Either way, vote's called.

Hmm... I'm pretty sure I can get the update out tomorrow. If something comes up, I'll let you know as always.

>>9569
>> No. 9643
Figures. Can't update tonight. Update comes tomorrow as soon as I get to a computer.
>> No. 9665
[x] “Look, again, I’m sorry.”
[x] Go meet Aya outside.


Judging by the way she said that, I’d say she was still angry with me. “Look… Again, I’m sorry Momizi, it won’t happen again.” Right now she felt more like a mother to me than a sister, what with all this scolding.

But her reaction wasn’t one that suggested anger. She unfolded her arms and looked down, averting my gaze. “I’m… I’m sorry too. For yelling at you a couple days ago when you first woke up. I overreacted and… I’m sorry.” She leans off the wall with these last words, her head still down.

“Ah, it’s alright. Really,” I mutter in slight surprise. I wonder just how long she felt bad about that. Really, it seemed strange, how much both her and Aya were concerned with me. “But… why are you so worried over someone like me? I’m mostly a stranger to you as well as myself… and probably a dangerous one at that,” I add, recalling the confusing words Kanako said to me regarding the mountain. It didn’t make much sense for a stranger such as myself to be taken in and cared for as much as they did, even though I appreciated it. There couldn't be an ulterior motive, could there?

Momizi’s head shoots up, but she’s silent for a moment. “I suppose ‘I was being hospitable’ isn’t a good excuse, is it?” She smiles shyly. “I can’t say it’s a very good reason, but…” She approaches me and slowly places her hand on the top of my head. “It’s because of the way you look.” Her smile grows wider and more pleasant as she ruffles my hair awkwardly. Uh… Wait, because we look alike? But before I can ask she’s off, walking down the endless hall. Better follow.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

“Ah, well, I can’t really speak for Miss Shameimaru,” says Momizi, still facing forward as I follow closely behind. Her tail is idly swinging and though it’s distracting, I will myself to focus my attention elsewhere. Like the floor.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

“She wanted me to teach you how to defend yourself properly should you wind up in a similar predicament,” Momizi continues, her voice becoming progressively more cheerful, “but she said she’d teach you herself once you were well enough to move on your own comfortably.”

Thump. Thump. Thump.

Are those… footsteps behind me? I slow down a bit to make sure. “If you’re really curious, you can ask Miss Shameimaru the same question.”

Thump.

Yeah, that was a footstep. Whoever’s following me is doing a poor job of covering it up. They shouldn’t be hostile, right? I mean, not in a place like this! I turn my head at a slight angle to my left in hopes of maybe catching who it is out of the corner of my eye, but I can’t make out anyone.



Thump.

That’s it. I quickly swivel ‘round to catch my stalker off guard. In fact, I do just that… and perhaps too well, as the small girl who was following me lets out a familiar shriek before tumbling backwards, plopping on the ground faster than I ever thought anyone could fall. But she doesn’t stop there. Wasting no time, she scrambles backwards in a desperate attempt to stand and run, but she keeps tripping over her own arms and legs too much to get anywhere. She ends up flopping onto her face and gives up, obviously a tangled, confused mess from the quick struggle.

It’s all rather comical, really, though I still feel bad for her. “Mio,” I say to the nervous wreck before me, “…what are you doing?”

That gets her attention. She doesn’t stay to answer my question, though, as she quickly jumps up as if the previous disaster never happened and scampers off, but not before emitting a shrill “Kyaa!” Really now, she’s still frightened of me?

“Uh… What was that about?” Momizi says from behind me, evidently watching as well. Don’t know why she wouldn’t be, what with all the noise Mio just caused.

“I don’t know, Momizi. I really don’t.”

. . .

More walking. On and on forever. In silence, no less. Almost like it’s difficult for either one of us to start conversation. It begins to blend into an eternal pattern after a while. Not that I’m complaining. It feels nice to walk. Doesn’t feel nice to walk forever, but hey. ‘Least I’m walking. Walk walk walk walk walk walk walk.

I feel alright. In fact, the pain in my left arm was difficult to notice now.

Light pours in from the occasional window we pass. Daytime still, huh? And shouldn’t those windows be closer together? It would make more since that way. And yet, the hallway manages to stay lit enough to see where we’re going. Maybe it’s fine to keep windows sparse like this.

And then the hall juts sharply to the left. So there is an end to this hallway! I was beginning to think after walking so long that it was somehow magically looped over and over. This must be one massive building. But we turn the corner and I feel a hole in m stomach grow larger as we’re faced with another endless hallway.

“Exit is up ahead,” Momizi comments. “Miss Shameimaru said she’d be waiting for us outside.” I wonder why so many people insist on waiting for me. But I don’t have time to immerse myself in that thought, as we pass by a set of large ebony doors. The overall size and splendor of the doors are such that one would have to be blind not to notice them, and there appeared to be a large, almost glowing gray sphere design that connected the two doors. The odds of this not being the exit are… yeah, this is the exit. Momizi walked up to the right door, dwarfed by the size of the thing, and slowly and carefully began to slide the door open.

I was greeted with a lush green. There were a great number of tall jade stalks jutting from the ground in every direction. There was still a chill in the air, and to make things worse, it was exceptionally windy. The building’s floor continued outside for a short distance with a roof placed overhead as well. Probably for the ability to enjoy the outdoors no matter the weather.


Momizi steps through the door first, taking special care to keep her hat from being blown away from the strong winds. I follow – and realize just how windy it is. Not very good weather today, that’s for sure. I look around. Yep, lush green all around. The flooring I was currently standing on ran its course down the entire side of the building, the roof maintaining consistency as well. Not a bad place, to be sure.

“Faaauuust~!”

…Eh?! That’s Aya’s voice coming from above, but… it sounds like it’s quite a distance away, and her voice is barely audible over this wind. Momizi and I both look up and… indeed, Aya’s floating in the air far above the building we were just in. But she has wings! Black wings! I didn’t know she had wings!

“Faauust! I know it’s too late to pass as one, but I’m going to teach you how to fight like a real tengu would, since I know you have what it takes! Prepare yourself for Tengu Special Ops Training!”

…Uh.

Momizi threw her hand to her face and sighed. “Sorry Faust,” she said dryly. “That name of hers means nothing.” She looked at me, a genuine concern in her eyes. “I told her to not push you too hard, and I’m here to assist you whenever you need it. You don’t have to do this if you don’t want to, but we’re just trying to help. We don’t want you to go through a… fight… like that again.”

[ ] Accept Aya’s offer/challenge.
[ ] Decline Aya’s offer/challenge.
>> No. 9667
[x] Accept Aya’s offer/challenge.
[x] "Before we start this little training montage, I should probably give you the heads up on what Eirin told me about myself."
[x] "Also. I need to head by this place called "Kourindou" for a t-shirt. And a pair of pants. With individual legholes. No offense but you tengu have really eccentric taste in clothing.
>> No. 9668
[x] Accept Aya’s offer/challenge.
[x] "Before we start this little training montage, I should probably give you the heads up on what Eirin told me about myself."
[x] "Also. I need to head by this place called "Kourindou" for a t-shirt. And a pair of pants. With individual legholes. No offense but you tengu have really eccentric taste in clothing.
>> No. 9669
[x] Accept Aya’s offer/challenge.
[x] "Before we start this little training montage, I should probably give you the heads up on what Eirin told me about myself."
[x] "Also. I need to head by this place called "Kourindou" for a t-shirt. And a pair of pants. With individual legholes. No offense but you tengu have really eccentric taste in clothing.
>> No. 9670
[x] Accept Aya’s offer/challenge.
[x] "Before we start this little training montage, I should probably give you the heads up on what Eirin told me about myself."
[x] "Also. I need to head by this place called "Kourindou" for a t-shirt. And a pair of pants. With individual legholes. No offense but you tengu have really eccentric taste in clothing.
>> No. 9671
[x] Decline Aya’s offer/challenge.
[x] "Sorry, but how about another day, when I'm at full strength? Still a little sore, here"
[x] "Can either of you help me find a place by the name of "Kourindou"? I'm looking for some more comfortable clothing. No offense but you tengu have really eccentric taste in clothing".
>> No. 9673
[x] Accept Aya’s offer/challenge.
[x] "Before we start this little training montage, I should probably give you the heads up on what Eirin told me about myself."
[x] "Also. I need to head by this place called "Kourindou" for a t-shirt. And a pair of pants. With individual legholes. No offense but you tengu have really eccentric taste in clothing.
>> No. 9680
[x] Accept Aya’s offer/challenge.
[x] "Before we start this little training montage, I should probably give you the heads up on what Eirin told me about myself."
[x] "Also. I need to head by this place called "Kourindou" for a t-shirt. And a pair of pants. With individual legholes. No offense but you tengu have really eccentric taste in clothing.
>> No. 9695
[x] Accept Aya’s offer/challenge.
[x] "Before we start this little training montage, I should probably give you the heads up on what Eirin told me about myself."
[x] "Also. I need to head by this place called "Kourindou" for a t-shirt. And a pair of pants. With individual legholes. No offense but you tengu have really eccentric taste in clothing.
>> No. 9712
Alright, here's the deal. Write-in is great and all, but Faust has no knowledge of any place called 'Kourindou' yet. I can change it to 'human village' like Eirin suggested, which is what I was originally going to do. However, if it really means so much to you guys, I suppose I could retcon mentioning the human village and have it be Kourindou instead, though to be honest I'd rather not resort to reconning... However, it's completely up to you guys. If no one responds then I'll go ahead with the former.

Anyway, vote is called. Update comes... hmm... tomorrow.
>> No. 9714
>>9712

Retcon human village to Kourindou.
>> No. 9716
Stay with 'the human village.'
>> No. 9718
>>9712
Nah, just change the write-in to 'human village'.
>> No. 9719
>>9712
When Faust brings up going to the human village for clothes, have Aya or someone suggest going to Kourindou instead.
>> No. 9720
>>9719

This works.
>> No. 9724
[x] Accept Aya’s offer/challenge.
[x] "Before we start this little training montage, I should probably give you the heads up on what Eirin told me about myself."
[x] "Also. I need to head by the human village for a t-shirt. And a pair of pants. With individual legholes. No offense but you tengu have really eccentric taste in clothing."

FUCK YES

WE WILL BECOME A TENGU NINJA
>> No. 9750
Being a tengu ninja sound really cool until you realize that'd we'd have to answer the orders of some head honcho.

Nuts to that. We're really thankful to these guys, no doubt about it, but we're not gonna just let ourselves get jammed into their hierarchy.

We're freelance, if anything.
>> No. 9753
>>9750

I just want to cause DESPAIR on careless protagonists people.
>> No. 9759
Alright, since the votes are pretty much split right down the middle I'm gonna combine them.

I'm writing now, but I'm probably not gonna finish it before passing out. Right now I'm having trouble staying awake as is. A consistent sleep schedule seems to be a luxury I cannot have. If I don't finish the update tonight, a good night's rest will promise an update tomorrow.

>>9719

That's half of it. Thanks for the suggestion.

>>9724

...No.

>>9750

Precisely.
>> No. 9785
I got to pay for my sleep deprivation in spades all day yesterday. How very convenient. Update in progress.

Uh... here ya go.
>> No. 9787
>>9785

Huzzah!
>> No. 9793
[x] Accept Aya’s offer/challenge.
[x] "Before we start this little training montage, I should probably give you the heads up on what Eirin told me about myself."
[x] "Also. I need to head by the human village for a t-shirt. And a pair of pants. With individual legholes. No offense but you tengu have really eccentric taste in clothing."


“Don’t worry,” I assure Momizi, “I think I can handle this.” Actually, I should handle this. After my little run-in with Yuka, I don’t want to take any chances. Besides, it’s not like my arm was going to slow me down too much, right? “Alright, Aya, I accept!” I shout, turning my head upwards so she can hopefully hear me. I can’t tell if she did. The wind is drowning out my voice.

Anyway, I need to get up there. This weather might prove to be an obstacle, but it shouldn’t be too overwhelming. I close my eyes, remembering the few times I got the chance to fly and how I lifted off the ground in the first place. I may be a little rusty, so I should probably take it slow.

Right. Taking a long, deep breath, I lift my foot slowly, focusing my mind as much as possible on just flying. My surroundings all but disappear. I can feel myself become lighter… no, it was as if the wind itself was pushing me off the ground. I bring my foot down and find my mark in the soft clump of air beneath me.

Now! I kick off, and… everything is a blur, but it’s not a good blur. I’m not flying up. The wind is louder now and I can feel it rushing past me faster than ever. My sense of direction is thrown off completely and I feel dizzy… Wait, what just happened?! Am I in the air? Frantically, I throw all my muscle and concentration into stopping myself… Urgh! The sudden strain on my body isn’t pleasant to say the least, but the sudden chill of the wind rushing past fades and the blur almost immediately goes away. I look around. Momizi is just below me. I really didn’t travel far at all. Huh. I must be rustier than I thought.

“…You need work.” Aya’s voice from behind causes me to jump… well, as much as I can jump in mid-air. I’m not that far off the ground, meaning… She’s fast. Really fast to be able to travel that quickly in the short time I lost control. “I thought you said he was a natural, Momizi!” Hey now, that was just a simple mistake.

“Keep in mind he still hasn’t fully recovered!” Momizi replies, but I can see the beginnings of a smile creep on her face. Was my screwup humorous to her or something? Ah well, at least I’m okay. Shaken up a bit, but okay.

Aya sighs, and I can feel a warm breath on the back of my ear. Whoa, she’s close. “Ayayaya…” she mumbles. “She’s far too protective of you, ya know? I think you can take care of yourself just fine.”

“I heard that.” A cynical remark from Momizi below.

Aya paused for a bit. I could imagine her rolling her eyes at that comment, really. “Anyway, Faust, you might wanna try taking it easy right now, yeah?”

I shrug. “Eh, I should be alright now.” Just to make sure I have complete control, I float forward slightly. The wind aside, yeah, I’m good. How strange. And speaking of strange… “But before we start this little training montage, I think I should inform you of what Eirin told me.”

Aya hovered around, stopping just in front of me. “Eeeh? You sure that’s alright?” The wind was steadily growing calmer.

I nodded. “I think you two should know. I’m afraid it’s all I can do at the moment to repay you for all you’ve done.” I avoid pausing to keep Momizi and Aya from interjecting with some polite comment. “Eirin said I wasn’t a youkai. She told me she doesn’t know what I am, that she had never met anyone quite like me before. I don’t know what to make of it.” No use in mincing words; might as well throw it all out there.

“Now that’s interesting,” Aya said to herself while staring into space behind me. “A real mystery…” Momizi flew up to meet us in mid-air, but she didn’t say anything. Her expression was one of perplexity.

…Well, don’t look so surprised, you two. “I suppose that’s not too big a deal? Seems like a big deal to me.” Then again, maybe it isn’t. I don’t know.

“Oh! No, it’s…” Momizi starts, but trails off. “…It’s a big deal, yeah, but…”

“Don’t worry about it, Faust,” Aya chimes in. “We get a lotta strange ones here in Gensokyo. A new kind of stranger shouldn’t make too much of a difference.” She pats me on the shoulder while giving me a reassuring grin. Momizi shifts her gaze. Even with Aya’s words, I can’t help but feel troubled by Eirin’s…

“Oh yeah. Also, I need to head by the human village near here for a t-shirt or something. Oh, and a pair of pants. With individual legholes. No offense, but you tengu have really eccentric tastes in clothing.”

Aya bursts out laughing. “You really know how to change the subject quickly, ya know that? Actually, you may be able to find what you’re looking for at a place called ‘Kourindou’, also not too far from here. If it’s that important, we can take you there. Or the human village,” Aya shrugs. “Up to you, really. You don’t seem like you’re in good enough condition right now to learn much about danmaku today anyway.” Momizi still doesn’t say anything.

[ ] Go to the human village for ‘decent’ clothing.
[ ] Head over to this “Kourindou” for ‘decent’ clothing.
[ ] Insist I’m in good enough condition to learn about ‘danmaku’, whatever that is.
>> No. 9795
[ ] Head over to this “Kourindou” for ‘decent’ clothing.
>> No. 9796
[x] Head over to this “Kourindou” for ‘decent’ clothing.
>> No. 9798
[ ] Head over to this “Kourindou” for ‘decent’ clothing.
>> No. 9800
[x] Head over to this “Kourindou” for ‘decent’ clothing.
>> No. 9801
[x] Head over to this “Kourindou” for ‘decent’ clothing.
>> No. 9803
[X] Head over to this “Kourindou” for ‘decent’ clothing.
>> No. 9804
[x] Insist I’m in good enough condition to learn about ‘danmaku’, whatever that is.
>> No. 9805
[X] Head over to this “Kourindou” for ‘decent’ clothing.
>> No. 9806
[ze] Head over to this ‘decent’ for “Kourindou” clothing.
>> No. 9812
Heh. Excellent. Vote's called. Sorry, but I really didn't want to resort to retconning.

I would like to say 'expect an update tomorrow', but since I've been so consistent in failing to meet my own deadlines... expect an update the day after, just in case.

My schedule should free up a lot soon, so hopefully I won't be so slow in the future.
>> No. 9906
Updates?
>> No. 9907
>>9906

One update, coming right up!
>> No. 9908
And in my longest-running time without an update yet, I manage to delay the update another day. I would stay up and finish it just to say I got it out when I said I would, but when I kept doing that in the past, my health dropped considerably, so this time I think I'll pass. Really, I must love feeling guilty over taking so long.

But I suppose there's good news in this. The biggest reason this is taking me a while to finish is because the update is... much longer than I had first anticipated. So tomorrow I will wake up well rested and ready to finish, and you will get your update.

I apologize once again for inconveniences I'm surely causing at this point.
>> No. 9910
>>9908

What's up with God's hand punching Suwako? I've seen other pictures with the same thing, is this some kind of joke, or reference?
>> No. 9911
>>9910

It's a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure reference.
>> No. 9912
>>9908
Hey Chain, try stopping promising anything. And tell us when you can't write. It's 'less disappointing' or something.
>> No. 9914
This is taking far longer than it should have taken.

__________________________________________________

[x] Head over to this ‘Kourindou’ for ‘decent’ clothing.


“Kourindou sounds good. You know your way around here better than I do.”

Aya’s face lights up. “Haha, great! I’m sure you’ll find what you need there, Kourindou has everything…” But wasn’t she just now eager to teach me…? Ah, forget it. She turns her back to me and I’m immediately reminded of her black wings as they fill my vision. It seems like a silly thing to suddenly forget about, but the context of the situation was probably a good enough excuse. Still, those things are rather big. Where and how, exactly, did she hide them? “I don’t know why you find our outfits ‘eccentric’, but to each their own, I guess.” Gonna have to agree with you on that one, Aya.

The wind had all but died down now. Floating like this was a bit straining on me; I could feel the muscles in what felt like my entire upper torso weaken and my lungs were beginning to burn. I’m breaking out into a sweat as my body feels heavier and heavier. Man, just how out of it am I?

I look to Momizi, expecting her to say something after being silent for so long, but she’s not even paying attention. She’s staring off at something behind me that isn’t there. The look on her face suggests she’s lost in thought. Hmm, I wonder what could be on her mind…?

“Anyway, Faust, just follow me, I know the quickest way there,” Aya continues while slowly hovering away from me. I’m not sure if I can follow her at this point, though. I can feel myself fading, and fast.

“Hey, Momizi.”

No response. She continues to stare off.

“Yo, Momizi!”

She jerks her head up in surprise. “Uh, do you mind giving me a hand with flying? I don’t think I can stay up here much longer.” This is… strange. Why am I struggling to stay aloft if I only have a broken arm? Fatigue, maybe?

She looks at me for a moment before responding with an “Ah!”, and then throws my good arm over her shoulder. Hopefully I’m not too much of a hassle, but I have a feeling this should come quite easy to someone like her. Aya, without looking back, slowly flies upward, waiting for us to follow.

Oh. “Hey, Momizi?” I wait for her to turn her head. “You think I could head back here again afterwards? I wanna say a proper goodbye to a friend here.” Pause. “Oh, no, wait a minute, that might not be a good idea. I’ll probably keep scaring all the children here.”

Momizi looks at me for a brief moment before giggling at my words. Uh… What did I say now? “I take it you’ve never seen a rabbit before? Well, despite their looks, they’re anything but children.” Oh. Huh.

And we take off, into the infinite sea of green. Momizi flies upward at a slightly faster pace than Aya, carrying me with her. Yeah, it looks like it’s no problem at all for her to carry what was now practically dead weight.

The moment we catch up to Aya, she effortlessly shoots off, but she’s still slow enough for us to follow. And follow we do.

. . .

It feels so good to travel at such a speed again, even if I’m not the one doing the flying. It’s a wonder that Momizi can maintain a firm grip on my arm and keep it comfortable at this speed as well. She’s probably carried people like this before.

It isn’t long before we leave the forest of green stalks and emerge into an open gray sky, a crisp blanket of air greeting me as we leave the cluttered forest. Aya slows to a halt, looking down at the ground to her right. I glance down in that direction, and I notice what looks to me like a small civilization. “It just occurred to me,” Aya says when we approach, “that we probably shouldn’t be flying over the human village all casually like this.” By the sound of her voice, she’s completely serious. The tone sounds strange, actually, coming from her.

I’m a little confused by her words, but I don’t say anything. “So, what do you propose we do?” Momizi answered.

Aya pointed off to a rather large forest not too far away. “Kourindou is right there. I don’t very much like the idea, but I say we walk the rest of the way. Any possibility of trouble is not welcome right now.”

I don’t know what kind of trouble we could possibly get in, but the idea of walking sounds appealing to me. I may have walked my fair share today in that infinitely long hallway, but at least I wouldn’t be forced to rely on someone for movement. “Sounds good to me.” Momizi, probably waiting for my response, nods.

“Alright! Walking it is!” Aya announces, her serious demeanor suddenly gone. She drops altitude and we follow suite, dropping to what looks like a dirt road leading to the village. There are clumps of trees scattered across what would be an open field in all directions, but they’re too dispersed to call it a forest. A chill runs through me as we plummet and I shiver reflexively. I hope Momizi didn’t notice, but that’s not very likely.

Aya lands first, but not by much. Despite being taller, both Momizi and myself touch ground simultaneously, and it’s nowhere near as rough as the landings I’d been doing on my own. I nod to her as thanks and withdraw my arm, and my legs support my full weight once again. It feels good. Much better than the strain my body was going through maintaining flight before.

Aya’s already walking ahead, but she’s not following the dirt road, heading towards the thick forest ahead of us instead. Momizi and I follow, but I let Momizi walk ahead of me a little. As they both walk in front of me, I find myself wanting, more than ever, a decent outfit in this land of eccentricity.

. . .

(Continued...)

________________________________________________

Second part can't come tonight, I'm worn ragged. I'm a good ways into it, though.

>>9912

Yeah, that's gonna have to start now. Thanks for mentioning it, though. I'll see what I can do about keeping a consistent posting schedule.
>> No. 9976
“You know, I don’t really know that much about you two. What is it, exactly, that you do?”

We’ve been walking for a while now, and I can hear the sound of running water coming from somewhere. The village is behind us, and I don’t know if anyone in the village even noticed our presence. Doubtful, considering the absence of noise.

Momizi drops back again at my words. “Not much, really. I patrol the mountain regularly for trespassers, but that’s about it.”

“…Whaddya mean, that’s it? What do you do in your free time? Don’t you have any friends? A social life? Come on, I know you must spend time with other people besides Aya.”

She grinned and looked down, fidgeting a little. “I do meet a friend up on the mountain from time to time, but I’m sure you haven’t met her yet. She’s a kappa, in case you know what that is.” I don’t, and so I shake my head. Momizi pauses. “I’ll have to introduce you two some time. I’m sure you’ll get along. Anyway, that’s enough about me. There isn’t that much to tell. Miss Shameimaru, on the other hand, is a lot more interesting. She’s a journalist in her spare time.”

“The best in Gensokyo!” Aya calls out, overhearing our conversation. Momizi looks at me and shakes her head. I find myself trusting Momizi on this one.

“Anyway,” Momizi continues, “she runs a paper called Bunbunmaru News. I help her occasionally, but it’s not very well received by… well, the majority of Gensokyo, really.” She pauses again, waiting for a reaction, but Aya just kept walking forward. She’s probably ignoring the conversation. “Actually, she recently wrote an article about you. She didn’t really want to, so she didn’t mention anything specific, but what with the whole flower youkai incident, she didn’t really have a choice.”

Ah! That reminds me! “About that, Momizi… what exactly happened? I don’t remember doing anything worth writing an article about, and Kanako yelled at me for…” I stop. Taking out half the mountain? Exaggeration or no, that couldn’t have had anything to do with me. The last thing I remember was a light…

Momizi glanced down briefly before looking at me again. “Yeah… well, she had to write something because… Well, do you remember that field of sunflowers you were in?”

Sunflowers? Uh… “Yeah, I think so. Why?”

“It’s not a field anymore.”

“Hate to interrupt, but we’re heeeere~!” Aya’s voice cuts the conversation off, and with convenient timing. I can’t help but feel like it was on purpose… but with my senses focused back on my surroundings, I notice we’re already upon the forest. In front of us lies a strange, rather small building which I can only assume to be Kourindou. The strangely colored paint is worn in spots and there’s clearly damage on the outside. Really, it looks shadier than I could’ve imagined.

But that isn’t what catches my attention. There are voices coming from inside. Two, from what I can hear. One sounds younger than the other. I can’t quite make out what they’re saying, though.

Aya is already at the door, wasting no time. She nonchalantly swings it open, calling out with a “Yo!” Immediately the voices inside stop before I get a chance to understand what they’re saying. From my angle I can see… a strange sight indeed. It appears to be a young girl leaning on a counter, now looking at us thanks to Aya. She’s dressed in all black and white and frills, and holding what appears to be a broom in one hand and… some kind of odd book in the other. Her black hat is clearly too big for her and overly exaggerated, and her dress isn’t much better. I have conflicting feelings about this place. “Hey, uh, you guys sure this is a good place for me to be looking for a decent outfit?” Judging by this new girl, I’d say it’s more of the same.

The girl sighs and turns her head. “Well, looks like ya got customers, Kourin! I’ll just be on my way then…” She leans off the counter and walks towards us and the doorway, taking the broom and the strange book with her. A sharp, masculine voice stops her in her tracks.

“Hey, hey hey hey! Where do you think you’re going with that, Marisa?!”

A visible disappointment creeps across the new girl Marisa’s face as she turns reluctantly to hand this ‘Kourin’ the strange book. She keeps the broom, however. “Aww, fine, fine,” she mutters to herself. Then, in a louder voice, “I’ll be back later for it, ze~!”

The invisible masculine voice groans. “I’m sure you will…”

Marisa, turning to leave again, passes Aya in the doorway. “Afternoon, Aya. What brings ya to this place?”

Aya grins and points to me like I’m some sort of trophy. “This guy isn’t satisfied with the clothes he’s got, so we’re here to find some good ones for him!”

Marisa glances over at me and, to my surprise, her face straightens. Walking over to me, broom in hand, she stops right in front of me and looks me over for a bit. Finally, after a few awkward moments, she breaks the ice. “Saaay, you… you wouldn’t happen to know…” She cuts off in a sudden change of mind. “Nah, forget it.” With those words she backs away and walks off, giving whoever watching her a short wave. “Later, ze~!”

Then she does something peculiar. Holding the broom horizontally in front of her, she straddles it. At first it looks silly, like she was only acting like she was riding on the hilt of a broom. But then I notice her feet are no longer touching the ground. The broom is floating in mid-air, and it’s slowly rising up. And then, without warning, she’s gone, shooting off in the distance at a speed I could never have predicted. The wind’s recoil lingers in the air for a moment.

…Guess different people have different ways of flying. Strange, though.
>> No. 9977
Turning back around to the shop, the door is still swung wide open, but Momizi and Aya are nowhere to be found. They must’ve already headed inside. Whoops. I follow quickly inside.

You know where I get my wares. I don’t expect him to find much here, but on the off chance he finds what he’s looking for, then I guess he’s got unique taste.”

I’m greeted by the masculine voice from before, the ‘Kourin’ that Marisa girl spoke of, finishing a conversation I missed. Now that he’s visible, I get a good look at him. He’s wearing a blue and white uniform. Actually, it reminds me of the robe that was given to me by Reisen. And speaking of reminders, his hair is a similar color to mine, though his is slightly longer in the back. He wears a pair of bifocals that give him a distinct look I can’t quite put my finger on. They sink down his nose as he eyes me. He mumbles something under his breath as he stares, then finally looks down and inspects the strange-looking book for damages.

…Where did Momizi and Aya go? I glance around the cluttered room… Wait, how could this even be considered a professional shop? It’s a mess! Unfamiliar objects, machines, and artifacts line the walls and small shelves scattered evenly around the room… if you could call that ‘even’. There’s a pile of books in the corner to my left. That’s probably where Marisa grabbed that book. Or perhaps she made that pile herself.

But I don’t see any clothes to speak of. What was Aya thinking, suggesting a place like—

FWOMP!

Something hits my face, obstructing my vision. Annoyed, I forcefully pull it off… A large black overcoat. Rather heavy. Material’s rough, but it’s a good kind of rough. Odd article of clothing to thr—

FWOMP!

Something hits my face. Again. What…? I rip it off of me. One of the legs thwacks the back of my neck. Ah, a pair of pants. Heavy. Baggy.

Black like the jacket.

“Yeah! You’ll really look manly with this stuff, Faust!” Aya’s voice.

Argh, what is she up to? Can’t I just choose for myself? “Where are you two?” I shout. But there’s no answer. Instead, Kourin, without looking up, points to a backroom behind him. I didn’t notice that door before. Probably because it’s open. But I can’t see Aya from here. How did she manage to throw…? Ah, whatever. “Thanks… uh, Kourin.”

“Rinnosuke. Rinnosuke Morichika. Please. Kourin is just a nickname.” He still doesn’t look up.

“…Right, got’cha. Thanks, Rinnosuke.” He nods, and I head for the backroom.

But I don’t get far. I walk no more than three steps, making sure not to break anything lying on the ground unattended, before I stop next to a small pile of what appears to be junk. Spare parts to machines and scraps of metal, mostly. No real reason to stop. But I stopped because there’s a sudden gut feeling that someone is watching and smiling at me. It feels comfortable, familiar, and yet… I don’t like it. But it’s coming from that pile of junk. And sitting neatly on the top of that pile of junk, as if it belonged there all along, is a hat. But it’s not just any hat.

It’s a fedora. And it’s black.

And it’s definitely smiling at me.

[ ] Pick up the fedora.
[ ] Leave it alone.

________________________________________________

Thanks for your patience.
>> No. 9978
[ ] Pick up the fedora.

How auspicious.
>> No. 9979
[x] Pick up the fedora.
>> No. 9980
[ ] Pick up the fedora.
>> No. 9981
[x] Pick up the fedora.
>> No. 9982
[x] Pick up the fedora.

Coat, pants, talking fedora. Straight pimpin.
>> No. 9984
[x] Pick up the fedora.

It calls to us. And smiles too.
>> No. 9985
[x] Pick up the fedora.
Getting a hat was inevitable.
>> No. 9990
[ ] Pick up the fedora.

Touhou, hats, etc...
>> No. 10002
Pick up the fedora.

Fuck silly hats, ours will be badass.
>> No. 10008
>A large black overcoat
>Ah, a pair of pants. Heavy. Baggy.
>Black like the jacket.
>It’s a fedora. And it’s black.

Ah, so we'll be dressing like a cliche, then? I don't suppose we could pickup a pair of sunglasses while we're at it? Maybe a katana?
>> No. 10009
Not going to make a vote for this because it wouldn't win now, but can you switch out the black pants for some blue jeans Chain?

Seriously, too much black attire.
>> No. 10010
>>10009
Suddenly we're some nerd from the 50s. What is this, Back To The Future?

Fuck blue jeans.
>> No. 10012
I know what I'm voting for. Keep the Tengu attire, heh.
>> No. 10018
Still alive. No update tonight, but very soon.

>>10008
>>10009
>>10010
>>10012

Don't worry, I'm not forcing the costume here. Wait until the next update, and then decide.
>> No. 10019
>>10010
What's wrong with blue jeans, you hipster faggot?
>> No. 10048
>>10019
An excellent question.
>> No. 10103
Updates?
>> No. 10105
Update coming tonight. In about a week my schedule's gonna free up a lot, so you'll get a lot more updates then.
>> No. 10111
[x] Pick up the fedora.


Clothes slung over my shoulder, I slowly pick the hat up. That odd feeling is gone the moment my hand touches the strangely placed fedora. It’s no longer smiling at me. Now it’s just an ordinary hat. Actually, the more I look it over, the less black it becomes. More of a dark gray. Easy mistake to make unless carefully looked at, I guess.

Rinnosuke is still fiddling with that strange book. The door to the back room is still wide open, as if beckoning me. Aya and Momizi are probably still back there, ready to throw who knows what at me next. Nothing’s changed. No ominous laughter. No strange messages. No ill feelings.

Normal.

The new garments in hand, I step over more piles of junk, careful not to accidentally break anything. Though, I think to myself, with my luck I’ll probably step on a conveniently placed pair of glasses. And they’ll be Rinnosuke’s.

Passing by Rinnosuke, my curiosity gets the better of me and I stop briefly to glance at the book he’s fiddling with. The cover is a deep, enticing red, and both sides of the cover are face down as Rinnosuke inspects the aged pages within. Rather large and oddly shaped too. The cover’s edges are inconsistently and deliberately jagged, and the pages look worn. Actually, from this angle, they almost look… blank? This place is getting stranger and stranger. Better not to ask.

I turn back around and pass through the open doorway. The lighting dims as I step through, but not enough to keep me from perceiving my surroundings. I’m in what looks to be an expanded closet. Rows of shirts, robes, and various articles of clothing specifically designed for the upper torso hang on metal hangars decorating either side of the small, narrow section in front of me. To my left, there’s a similar box-shaped room, though it’s mostly pants of assorted styles hung up instead. Momizi is in this section of the ‘closet’, carefully studying the selection of clothes. She hasn’t noticed me yet.

But I don’t even have time to grab her attention. Aya already has mine. “Took ya long enough!” From behind she grabs me by the shoulder with one arm and pulls the garments she threw at me off my shoulder with the other. “Oh?” She says, in a surprisingly loud voice for being in a store. “Where’d you get that hat?” I can feel a slight agitation rising.

Too dangerous. Resist yourself.

I bring the hat up closer for her to take a look at it. “Found it sitting on a pile of junk back there,” I tell her. “It intrigued me.” And intrigued me it did. Now that I think about it, didn’t the Hat Man wear something similar to this?

Momizi, now noticing us, looks up at me and gives me a kind smile before returning to her searching. I wonder what she’s looking for? Not clothes for me, I hope. I would very much rather picking out my own clothes. I feel like a little kid.

Aya laughs to herself and quickly takes the fedora from my hand. Without warning she neatly places it atop my head. I can feel my hair forced down by the inside of the hat, the brim’s tightness wrap around my head. It fits quite snugly. “Oh wo~ow,” Aya says in a surprised tone. “You sure you just found this hat? It’s almost like it was made for ya!”

I hear laughter in the distance.

Momizi looks up again. “Hmm…” She approaches me, staring at the ever so dandy hat sitting on my head. “A hat like that would accompany a formal look nicely.” She nods in agreement to herself.

Aya leaves no room for a pause. “What, are you kiddin’? Formal? You got no sense of fun, Momizi!” She walks around me and enters my field of vision, holding the clothes she threw at me earlier. “That hat only serves to emphasize the clothes I picked out earlier!”

Uh… Wait a minute now. “Excuse me…”

They both look at me. “Oh, right, uh, sorry,” Momizi replies. “Didn’t mean to… Ah, you choose.”

…Choose what, exactly? Between formal and manly? Not much of a choice there.

[ ] Go with Momizi’s suggestion (formal)
[ ] Go with Aya’s suggestion (manly)
[ ] “Hey now, can’t I choose myself? (Designate a style)
>> No. 10115
[x] “Hey now, can’t I choose myself?
-[x] Bomber Jacket
-[x] White Shirt
-[x] Blue Jeans
-[x] Socks
-[x] Normal Shoes

A pendant or something similar would be nice too.
>> No. 10116
[x] “Hey now, can’t I choose myself?
-[x] Bomber Jacket
-[x] White Shirt
-[x] Blue Jeans
-[x] Socks
-[x] Normal Shoes

Special agent Faust S. Kennedy.
>> No. 10117
[x] “Hey now, can’t I choose myself?
-[x] The fedora
-[x] Bomber Jacket
-[x] White Shirt
-[x] Blue Jeans
-[x] Socks
-[x] Normal Shoes - Spats
-[x] Sunglasses
-[x] Wristwatch
-[x] That wolf-fang necklace
>> No. 10122
[X] “Hey now, can’t I choose myself?
-[X] The fedora
-[X] Bomber Jacket
-[X] White Shirt
-[X] Blue Jeans
-[X] Socks
-[X] Normal Shoes - Spats
-[X] Sunglasses
-[X] Wristwatch
-[X] That wolf-fang necklace
>> No. 10128
[x] “Hey now, can’t I choose myself?
-[x] The fedora
-[x] Bomber Jacket
-[x] White Shirt
-[x] Blue Jeans
-[x] Socks
-[x] Normal Shoes - Spats
-[x] Sunglasses
-[x] Wristwatch
-[x] That wolf-fang necklace
>> No. 10129
What the fuck is this spats shit, and what's wrong with a pair of Converse sneakers?
>> No. 10133
[x] “Hey now, can’t I choose myself?
-[x] Bomber Jacket
-[x] White Shirt
-[x] Blue Jeans
-[x] Socks
-[x] Normal Shoes
>> No. 10134
[x] “Hey now, can’t I choose myself?
-[x] Bomber Jacket
-[x] White Shirt
-[x] Blue Jeans
-[x] Socks
-[x] Normal Shoes
>> No. 10135
[x] “Hey now, can’t I choose myself?
-[x] Bomber Jacket
-[x] White Shirt
-[x] Blue Jeans
-[x] Socks
-[x] Normal Shoes
>> No. 10136
[x] “Hey now, can’t I choose myself?
-[x] Bomber Jacket
-[x] White Shirt
-[x] Blue Jeans
-[x] Socks
-[x] Normal Shoes

Changing vote.
>> No. 10137
[x] “Hey now, can’t I choose myself?
-[x] Bomber Jacket
-[x] White Shirt
-[x] Blue Jeans
-[x] Socks
-[x] Normal Shoes

Delicious style.
>> No. 10138
FUUUUUUUUUUCK WE FORGOT BOXERS.

I don't feel like revoting for them though, but could you add them on anyway Chain?
>> No. 10142
[x] “Hey now, can’t I choose myself?
-[x] White Shirt
-[x] Blue Jeans
-[x] Socks
-[x] Normal Shoes
>> No. 10143
>>10129
Those could be good, too.

>>10138
I now remember we have a tail.
>> No. 10144
>>10143

Just make some tail holes.
>> No. 10156
[x] “Hey now, can’t I choose myself?
-[x] Bomber Jacket
-[x] White Shirt
-[x] Blue Jeans
-[x] Socks
-[x] Normal Shoes
>> No. 10157
>That wolf-fang necklace

seems kind of awkward, yeah?
>> No. 10158
>>10157

Yeah, I don't think our sis is going to like it...
>> No. 10163
>>10157
You know, it didn't have to be torn from the mouth of a kill. For all we know, Kourin just found it and stringed it.

Yin-Yang necklace?
>> No. 10167
[x] “Hey now, can’t I choose myself?
-[x] Bomber Jacket
-[x] White Shirt
-[x] Blue Jeans
-[x] Socks
-[x] Normal Shoes
>> No. 10207
I don't think much needs to be said about the vote other than 'I love it'. I'm glad this worked out for the better.

Now I have to give Faust Leon Kennedy one-liners.

Anyway, new topic coming. Can't say when, though. Soon.

>>10138

Hmm... We'll see.

>>10157

You know, I was thinking the same thing as soon as the idea was mentioned.

>>10163

Reimu.
>> No. 10221
>>10207
>>Now I have to give Faust Leon Kennedy one-liners.
>> No. 10273
Urgh... I wanted to get an update out around now, but finals are wearing me down more than I had anticipated. I'm gonna be done with them in a few days, though, and then there shouldn't be nearly as much time in between updates.

tl;dr Update sometime within the next couple of days for certain.
>> No. 10274
>>10273

Huzzah. There is a lack of Faust and that angers me.
>> No. 10330
>>10207
Eh, I forgot what they call this thing.
>> No. 10340
>>10330
The design is called a Celtic Knot. Wish I had one of those.
>> No. 10341
>>10340

YOOOOOU. GET BACK TO WRITING YOUR THREAD IN /others/.
>> No. 10342
>>10341
Hahaha, guess that saves me from asking. Once I have reclaimed my Phylactery from the clutches of this thing known as 'school', I'll start writing. I hope, anyway.
>> No. 10401
I waited for you Chain ;_;
>> No. 10432
Ugh.

Okay. I know what I said earlier, but I've been prolonged indefinitely by an unforeseen event.

The (probable) death of my computer.

It's likely I've lost everything, including my notes regarding the future of the story. And now that I don't have regular access to a computer or (currently) a flash drive, updating is going to come very, very hard for me. Great timing and all, really. Just... ugh.

But I promise you I'm going to see through to the end of this CYOA. Just... please bear with me. I'm gonna try to save my computer, but if it doesn't work out, I'm gonna end up being incredibly slow, since I'll likely be relying on nothing more than public computers.

You have my sincerest apologies. Believe me, I'm... not very happy about any of this.