[Return]
Archived Thread

File 12360038131.jpg - (101.03KB , 1280x768 , difficulty dmc.jpg ) [iqdb]
8752 No. 8752
Oh this is great! You start up Devil May Cry 4 again after such a long time. How did you ever forget you had this concentrated awesomeness on your hard drive? You reminisce the great times you had on Dante Must Die difficulty, and the wonders of you getting a S ranking on the last level. Sanctus sure got punched hard.
"Is this loading screen ever gonna end?" You mutter to yourself before quickly abandoning the single flaw that comes to your mind. Oh look, the main screen! What's up with your savegame? You can't choose any other mission than the first one, but all the difficulties are unlocked. Oh but it doesn't matter. You're sure that you can clear most of them without any real difficulty. It can't be that your skill has degraded THAT much... Right?

Choose your difficulty.
[] Human (Steamroll, reason=curb)
[] Devil Hunter (Serious business, some challenges)
[] Son of Sparda (To survive this mode, your write-ins have to be Stylish)
[] Dante Must Die (Lunatic modo, abandon all hope)

Choose one:
[] Buy your own skills
[] Autobuy skills.
Selecting the former will give you a choice between choosing some skills (physical or mental) between days (or every 2 days) after you clear a day of events. I won't go into hundreds-of-orbs-type of currency, buy you might want to consider saving up for the more awesome abilities. The latter however does not inform what skills you get, but you might discover you can do something new when you choose the appropriate option or write-in. This can be more powerful than the former if your write-ins are stylish. With three capital S's.
===
I'm inspired to write. Go figure. Updates will happen whenever I care.

>> No. 8753
[x] Son of Sparda
[x] Buy your own skills
>> No. 8754
[x] Dante Must Die
[x] Buy your own skills
>> No. 8755
[x] Son of Sparda
[x] Buy your own skills
>> No. 8756
[X] Son of Sparda
[X] Autobuy skills

If our write-ins need to be Stylish to survive this difficulty, we might as well choose the skill system that rewards Stylish write-ins.
>> No. 8758
>buy you might want to consider
>buy
Rage, ignore, spellcheck, etc
>> No. 8759
[] Human (Steamroll, reason=curb).
[] Buy your own skills.
>> No. 8760
[x] Devil Hunter
[x] Buy your own skills

I'm leaning more towards actually seeing updates get done, not waiting every fortnight or longer due to "stylish write-ins".
>> No. 8761
Writing, Son of Sparda and your own skills.
Just 7 minutes more
>> No. 8762
File 123601634858.jpg - (437.60KB , 567x800 , 1231179218135.jpg ) [iqdb]
8762
>[] Son of Sparda
>[] Buy your own skills

Since Dante Must Die still kicked your ass thoroughly in the past, you decide to take it easy and nudge the arrow back on Son of Sparda difficulty. That's right, this is when things got fun. You hit Enter and remind yourself to get a gamepad eventually, though you probably stop caring after your session. A grin appears on your face as you hear the familiar selection sound effect, the brutal gunshot.

Ah, the familiar slightly tilted landscape. Wait. What? Tilted landscape? You glance around. You've certainly seen this place, but you can't put your finger on it, one of those deja vu moments. The sun seems to be setting. Or rising. You don't really know. You seem to be climbing a mountain of sorts and it doesn't look like the snowy part with those damned Frost enemies, must be your memory failing you, or it's a different season. You don't seem to care about the fact that seasons don't change in video games. You continue on the barely noticeable path that might go upwards but you soon stop as someone is already using the path coming towards you.
It's your first monster after all that time! Your left hand grabs your Red Queen, a sword with a motorcycle-handle for maximum style and drops the tip to the ground and you stretch your smile wide. It is only then that she notice-. She?

It occurs to you, that she doesn't look like the traditional monster. Not quite at all. She appears to be wearing a maid outfit. Maids in a DMC game? This sounds even more exciting. You bend your knees in anticipation according to your DMC creed: Bosses are stronger if they're human-sized. A basic spinning charge is spontaneous, it feels great even on this landscape. However you miss, ack, knives out of nowhere! You compliment yourself as your reflexes do not fail you, and you're already two swordlengths away. In fact, that's the same amount of distance your opponent has covered. As you attempt to come up with a one-liner you discard the idea. You have too great respect for your foe for now. She's a maid! You should get her to bow down to you and make her say Master and stuff! One-liners can follow her defeat. You give no warning and quickly start with your next attack, this time an attack from below. She seems confident and already prepa- She just parried your attack. Oh, ofcourse, she materialized knives. Makes sense. Even more knives appear around you but your awesome reflexes allow you to circle around them. Hooray for dashing mechanics. You adjust your momentum and home in on her as if you're some kind of rocket. They do say that the best offense is also the best defense or something. However she's gone. Simply disappeared. Your intuition and basic cliche sense tells you that she would be right behind you, mocking your speed.
"You're slow" See? A powerful yet feminine voice confirms your fears.
"Oh yeah?"
You do a half-turn and swiftly grab your Blue Rose, another ridiculous weapon. This time it's a revolver with TWO BARRELS. You point your gun in the general direction, it always works.

But it doesn't.
She catches your gun. And twists it out of your right hand which is also a magnificent weapon. She's fast. Her speed is ridiculous now. Your sword is already gone too. Oh well, you can just get back up, this isn't the highest difficulty anyway. You get a really firm kick in the upper chest. You'd compliment her because she's really stylish. However you're stopped by your pain.

Pain? OH FUCK IT HURTS. You fall on the not-so-comforting landscape covered in rocky dirt. You might just bruised something but the pain in your chest is too horrible. The maid walks over to your struggling body. Her face is expressionless. Until the last moment. She twists into a sickly grin and whispers:
"Fun!"

More daggers. For a second. Then blackness.
==
Prologue cleared: Orb count: 2
[] Dash Upgrade (2 orbs)
[] Charisma Rank 1 (2 orbs)
[] Save orbs for later.
==
God I suck at fight scenes.
>> No. 8764
[X] Charisma Rank 1

Prerequisite for charming the ladies, not to mention pulling off cheesy one-liners.
>> No. 8765
[X] Charisma Rank 1

More one-liners!
>> No. 8767
[x] Save orbs for later.

Save that shit for later. Power up is for end bosses.
>> No. 8768
[x] Save orbs for later.
>> No. 8769
[X] Charisma Rank 1

You need this. With proper charisma, the world is your oyster.
>> No. 8773
[x] Charisma Rank 1
>> No. 8777
Charisma then.
Writing.
>> No. 8778
File 123608986811.jpg - (162.71KB , 756x959 , autumn.jpg ) [iqdb]
8778
[] Charisma Rank 1

Egh, painful. Pure pain. What the hell did you do last night? You only remember playing a nostalgic game, killing some demon maids or something. Oh wait. Right, you fought a maid. Who could materialize knives. Quite a cool bos-. No, that's not right. Maids were never in DMC. You'll try figuring that problem out later.

Why the hell does everything hurt? You open your eyes, and all your other senses start working again. Warm breeze, a nice smell of potatoes, even though you hate potatoes. You're outside. And you hurt all over. This surely calls for a panic attack, but the breeze is so warm.

"Hey, I think he's awake." You hear a quiet, gentle voice. You turn to see who claimed the fact that you're awake but you only see a blonde little girl run further. As you're sitting upright now, you notice that you have been sleeping on a makeshift bed made from... leaves? Wow. Leaves sure can feel comfortable. You subconsciously scratch your right wrist. Your bracelet occasionally causes your wrist to itch.

That's not the case this time. You push your entire right arm away from you in order to get a better look at it. There's a red formation covering the top of your right arm with a yellow pattern and the underside of your arm is a chilly light blue color. Looks like it's glowing. That's the Devilbringer! Nero in Devil May Cry 4 had this, it allowed him to slam his enemies around, toss them around and even put cracks into fortresses! But it's your right arm now. What the hell? You probe your right arm with your left hand. The texture in the red parts is rugged, it's also ridiculously hard. You might even block swords with this. You move onto the blue parts. It's softer and not as protective there.

"Right right, I'm coming." Two figures approach you, one of them being the familiar girl earlier. She has a leaf ornament in her hair. Bit weird, but it looks great, even stylish. The other girl, also blonde and carrying a pleasant smile, has a red frilly hat with grapes on them. Are those things real? Her outfit consists of a white shirt and an overlapping orange dress. You're not entirely sure how she puts that thing on.

"Hmm. Mister? Are you okay?" The grape-hat wearing girl asks you.
"Uh. I'm not entirely sure. Where am I?" You respond, and only then glance around to see where you are. Seems like you're at the foot of a mountain. There's some trees around, you aren't hidden however. The girls don't seem to mind this location. Seems dangerous to you however.

"I don't like him, sis. His hair reminds me of winter." The leaf-girl complains to the other as she latches herself to the other girl, somewhat worried.
"This is the foot of Youkai Mountain, sir. Are you lost?"
"Youkai?"
"Aren't you one?"
"What's a youkai?" You inquire.
"Well, there's humans and then there's youkai." She adjusts her eyes to try to come up with a better explanation.
"I think I belong in the human category." You simply state.
"What about that hand? Humans don't have hands like that."
"I don't know. It's not supposed to be like that." You raise your right arm in front of you, continuing your investigation. You're rudely interrupted as pain shoots through your upper chest. Feels like knives. Oh, you didn't notice. You aren't wearing much on your upper body. Just leaves. Wait.. these leaves cover your wounds. Leaf-bandages? The talkative grape-girl notices your pain her face quickly transforms into a visage full of worries.
"Sir, you shouldn't be moving if it hurts! Please lay down!" Past experiences force you to comply. Wounds are not to be trifled.
"What happened?" You ask in pain and confusion.
"We found you on the mountain path. You were hurt. We brought you here. The leaves are the work of my sister!" She somehow claims with pride. They brought you here? How on earth can do girls do that? That'd just look silly. She forces her sister to appear from behind her (has she been hiding behind her the whole time?).
"Go on, introduce yourself!" She encourages her sister.
"Shizuha Aki, Goddess of turning leaves." She says unenthusiastically. She must be shy. Shy, yet she claimed to be a goddess.
"Oh right, I forgot to tell you my name as well. I'm Minoriko Aki, the Harvest Goddess." Seems like being a god is in vogue.

[]Introduce yourself. My name is...
[] Nero
[] I'm nameless.
[] Write-in
[]Where are my weapons?
[]Have you seen a maid?
[]WHERE are you?
[]Compliment Shizuha. She did a great job on those leaf-bandages.
[]Write-in
==
Bet you're gonna choose everything, and add 3 write-ins on top. If you're gonna use tons of write-ins, try putting that Charisma to use.
>> No. 8779
File 123609018252.jpg - (22.34KB , 355x355 , nero pos.jpg ) [iqdb]
8779
Also, forgot this.
Inventory:
Unarmed, Devilbringer arm.
Stylish blue coat, basic clothing. Currently you're covered in leaf-bandages, but your clothes are next to you.
Skills:
Dash, can only be used in a combat situation.
Charisma Rank 1/3.
>> No. 8780
[]Caligula
>> No. 8783
[x]"Being tended to by twin goddesses? This must be heaven."
WORK THAT CHARISMA.

[x] I'm nameless.
[x]Compliment Shizuha. She did a great job on those leaf-bandages.
[x]Where are my weapons?
>> No. 8784
[x]"Being tended to by twin goddesses? This must be heaven."
[x] I'm nameless.
[x]Compliment Shizuha. She did a great job on those leaf-bandages.
[x]Where are my weapons?
>> No. 8785
[x]"Being tended to by twin goddesses? This must be heaven."
[x] I'm nameless.
[x]Compliment Shizuha. She did a great job on those leaf-bandages.
[x]Where are my weapons?
>> No. 8786
[x]"Being tended to by twin goddesses? This must be heaven."
[x] I'm nameless.
[x]Compliment Shizuha. She did a great job on those leaf-bandages.
[x]Where are my weapons?
>> No. 8787
[x] "Being tended to by twin goddesses? This must be heaven."
[x] I'm nameless.
[x] Compliment Shizuha. She did a great job on those leaf-bandages.
[x] Where are my weapons?
>> No. 8788
[x]"Being tended to by twin goddesses? This must be heaven."
[x] I'm nameless.
[x]Compliment Shizuha. She did a great job on those leaf-bandages.
[x]Where are my weapons?
>> No. 8813
File 123618155544.jpg - (868.16KB , 1500x1200 , 12228333117.jpg ) [iqdb]
8813
[x]"Being tended to by twin goddesses? This must be heaven."
[x] I'm nameless.
[x]Compliment Shizuha. She did a great job on those leaf-bandages.
[x]Where are my weapons?

"You can call me whatever you like." You reply, you don't really care about needless things like that. You're lost, your right arm is definitely not yours, even the stylish clothes aren't yours. They do look really cool. It'd be nice if they were yours. Well, technically they are but you ne- You're getting distracted here.

Let's see, the last thing you remember is getting your ass kicked by a maid. What happened before that? You were in your room, at your computer. How can you get your ass kicked on a mountain path if the only thing you did was playing a computer game? Oh wait, you do look ridiculously a lot like Nero right now. There's the shiny right arm, the stylish clothing and earlier you even had Blue Rose and Red Queen.

"Hey, you guys haven't seen any of my weapons around, have you?" You might as well try your luck with the goddesses.
"Weapons? Like what?" Minoriko asks you, and glances into the distance, trying to remember.
"Just a red sword, I also had a gun. I think I lost them wherever you found me." You say. Well, the sword wasn't entirely red. Just a little bit on the side. Eh, just details.
"Sword, huh? Maybe you should ask the tengu, or perhaps a collector kappa might have picked it up. Sis, you didn't see any swords?" Minoriko turns to her sister with mild difficulty, Shizuha is still holding her tight, as a shield trying to protect herself... from me? Shizuha answers her sister's question simply by shaking her head.
"Seems like the tengu or the kappa might be your bet." You memorize this with ease, not really caring about the definition of tengu or kappa.
"But..." She seems to be in thought again. Minoriko once again turns to her sister to whisper something. Shizuha replies to whatever Minoriko whispered by shrugging. Wow, they're truly sisters. Such a level communication with so few words. You wouldn't know yourself.
"What's a gum?" Minoriko asks.
"Gum?" What the hell?
"Yes. You said you lost a gum?"
"You mean a gun?" You correct.
"Yes, a gum." This seems hopeless.
"Oh, never mind." You discard the idea of trying to explain what a gun is. They're such nice girls, or goddesses even. You're not in the mood to describe a killing machine. So, your weapons are lost, spare for your demonic arm. Doesn't 'feel' demonic to you. You're in an unknown land, without weapons, without your real arm, possibly without identity too and you already managed to turn into a pincushion for knives, almost. These two girls, the Akis, treated you and somehow carried you elsewhere and seem genuinely innocent. Maybe you should praise them. Somehow overdramatically perhaps. Oh you have the perfect plan! You'd have to move around but your wounds feel better already anyway.

"This is nice! This is ridiculously nice!" You sit upright. The sisters seem confused a bit.
"It's marvellous!" You're on your feet now. Whoa those boots are cool!
"It's as if I've died!" You extend your arms into the air. Feels weird when one of your arms is all red and blue, impervious to swords.
"I'm being tended to by twin Goddesses! This is surely my death, and also my heaven! I must bow down to you, my saviors!" You gracefully adjust your feet, and bow down to the girls slowly. You look ridiculous. The girls are still silent. Probably about to explode in laughter. Might as well go all the way before they do. You take a long step closer to the sisters, and grab Shizuha's hand while dropping onto your right knee.
"It is a great honor to have received the blessing of life from you, my Goddess of turning leaves!" As soon as you finish your sentence you plant a devilish kiss on her knuckles. You look up to your new religious icon. It seems your deity is changing colors like a leaf. She's entirely red now. You hope she doesn't wither away. Shizuha only then pulls her hand away from you and flees to the relative safety of her sister's back. It looks like she is trying to be Minoriko's shadow. You decide to leave her alone for now.

Minoriko bursts out laughing. Shizuha is still trying to hide herself behind Minoriko but it gets difficult for her to do so with such a dynamic hiding place.
"Ah ah ah, that's really nice." She has calmed down. Is she blushing too?

You heard something in the nearby tree. Something far larger than a bird. You feel VERY unsafe. The Akis seem to be oblivious.

[]Ask for directions to meet the tengu.
[]Ask for diections to meet some kappa.
[]Investigate noise
[]Ask Minoriko to check out the noise.
[]Ask Shizuha to check out the noise.
[]Pinch yourself.
==
Remember, awesome write-ins = more orbs to spend the next night.
>> No. 8814
>>8812
>7 minutes before update
>7 minutes
>> No. 8817
[x] Investigate noise.
>> No. 8818
File 123618820772.gif - (2.57KB , 48x64 , isu.gif ) [iqdb]
8818
[]Pinch yourself.
>> No. 8820
[x] Investigate noise.
>> No. 8821
[x]"You there! In the tree! You're too much of a novice to sneak up on me!"
[x]Reach out with the devil bringer.

Walk the walk, talk the talk!
>> No. 8823
Even I can come up with a lamer one-liner.

I am now mentally torturing myself because it's so awful.
>> No. 8824
[x] Investigate noise
>> No. 8826
>>8823

I think we play different DMCs then, every line is lame and over the top.

I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONE TO FILL YOUR DARK SOUL WITH LIIIIIIIGHHHHHTTTT-

But that's the charm in it.
>> No. 8830
Update tomorrow, or if you're lucky, tonight. I'm going to a singing contest, awesome.
I'm not singing.
>> No. 8831
[]Investigate noise
>> No. 8846
File 123645610540.jpg - (141.42KB , 997x704 , Cirno + Aya 4.jpg ) [iqdb]
8846
>[]Investigate noise

"Did you hear that?" You ask the goddesses.
"Hear what?" Minoriko reverses the question.
"Some rustling in the trees." You specify.
"I heard nothing. You sure you aren't hearing things? Your wounds were quite bad."
"What about you, Shizuha?"
Shizuha replies by shaking her head, eyes fixed on the ground trying to hide her embarassment, or so you suspect. You approach the tree where the omnious sound came from. The Akis follow you in their curiousity as well.
Hey, you have Devilbringer, don't you? Maybe you can grab your enemy? Perhaps you should try to use a mocking one-liner as well? Nah, maybe next time. So how would one pull enemies? Just reach out and grab? You energetically reach for the branches trying to reach for the heavens, or something. Nothing happens. Eh, maybe you're doing this wrong, you should figure this out later.
"Hey, you!" You shout at the treetop. "Someone's obviously hiding in there! Come out or I'll be forced to climb up instead."
A few moments pass and then you hear some more rustling in the trees. Something's definitely coming down, fast, something white and striped.
The entirety of a person appears before you, nearly falling on your head. Oh, it's another girl. She has black hair contrasted by a small silly red hat. Bizarre, but interesting. She wears an official looking shirt and a simple black skirt. She smiles and then proceeds to take a picture of you with a camera. Where did that come from?
"Ahaha, your face looks hilarious!" She comments. And proceeds to take a few more shots.
"Who are y-"
"Shameimaru Aya, journalist, Bunbunmaru newspaper." She interrupts you with an answer. "Ah, good morning to you too, Shizuha, Minoriko!" The two nod as a sign of greetings.
"You were spying on me, weren't you?" You inquire.
"I wonder what are you talking about." She says sarcastically. "Anyway, you're an interesting youkai, I'd like to interview you later. I promise to pay you well, however currently I have other business at the Moriya Shrine. You can ask those two for directions to my office if you feel up to it." She points to the Akis and sprouts her wings. WINGS? Wow she has wings.
"So lon-" A gush of wind interrupts her and vanishes. A dot in the sky getting continuously smaller is the only thing in your view. That must be her, she's ridiculously fast.
"What's up with her?" You ask the twin deities.
"Haha, I guess she's just a journalist. Busy like that, hungry for information."
As much as you'd like to indulge in the hospitality of the GODS, you need answers to several questions. You should...

[]Find the Kappa, maybe they have seen your weapon(s).
[]Find the tengu, maybe they have seen your weapon(s).
[]Find Aya's Office, maybe she has some insight to your situation.
[]Moriya Shrine? Ask the goddesses for more information.
[]On second thought, stick around with the goddesses, they're nice.
===
Attempted: Devilbringer Pull.
Error. You don't have that skill yet.
==
THP was down, I cried.
>> No. 8847
[x]Find the Kappa, maybe they have seen your weapon(s).
>> No. 8850
Swords are with the Tengu, guns are with the Kappa. Maybe tomorrow.

[x] On second thought, stick around with the goddesses, they're nice.
>> No. 8856
[x]On second thought, stick around with the goddesses, they're nice.
>> No. 8857
[x]Find the Kappa, maybe they have seen your weapon(s).
>> No. 8859
[x]Find the Kappa, maybe they have seen your weapon(s).
>> No. 8869
[x]Find the Kappa, maybe they have seen your weapon(s).
>> No. 8892
[x]Find the Kappa, maybe they have seen your weapon(s)
>> No. 8917
File 123662694954.jpg - (130.33KB , 800x903 , 1206574176898.jpg ) [iqdb]
8917
Fun stuff to read. Plus, I just started Devil May Cry 3 (not 4, unfortunately; don't have it yet), so I have to say it's quite interesting.

Anyway:
[x] On second thought, stick around with the goddesses, they're nice.
>> No. 8918
>>8917
Oh damnit, now I feel guilty. Maybe I should get back to writing.
What I can promise is writing like the Fist of the North Star the next week.
>> No. 8939
File 123671083331.jpg - (236.02KB , 850x843 , 122748558931.jpg ) [iqdb]
8939
>[]Find the Kappa, maybe they have seen your weapon(s).

"Hey, Minoriko?" You half-turn to Minoriko.
"Yes?"
"Can you give me directions to find a Kappa, or the Kappa, or whatever?" You ask.
"Uh, sure. You see that path over there? You go down the path. And then ..." She explains slowly, but rather enthusiastically.
[...]
Is this supposed to be a river? It's a pathetic stream. Well, Minoriko did tell you that you're supposed to go along the water higher into the mountains. The stream is becoming more impressive now. You stop and take a moment to view the surroundings. Wow, this place is charming. A clear stream hidden away in all the maple trees. Kappa or not, anyone would find this place great. As you're about to continue the ascension you bump into... Apparantely nothing. What, invisible walls? A small girl materializes in front of you falling face first into leaf-filled ground.
"Ugh, who can possibly creep up to me when I have optical camouflage?" She says as she turns on her back while still on the ground holding her nose, she must have hurt it.
"W-who are you?" She asks. She has a blue dress with pockets, thousands of them. Okay maybe not thousands, but there's a lot of them. She has a backpack, a small one, much to her comfort. Her hair is purple, oh that looks badass. Purple hair?! Add pigtails to the mix. On her purple head rests a blue... green... blue-green cap with a simple white icon. She also has a key hanging on her chest, does she use that? It seems hard to get it in your hands as it's firmly attached to her dress.

"I'm just someone new." You claim, reaching for her hand. She accepts your sign of good-will and you help her up.
"Interesting arm you have there. Ah, where are my matters?!" She quickly bows. "I'm Nitori, the Kappa! Surely you have heard of me!"
"Sorry, like I said, I'm new." You repeat.
"One moment, this will take a second." Nitori says, grabbing for some handheld device from her backpack. What is this, Ghostbusters?
"Interesting, very interesting." She says as she... scans your arm? Maybe she can tell you more about it.
"Find anything?" You ask.
"That's it. I only find 'anything', not sure what. Hey, you don't mind if I investigate you further? I got my devices at home." She says, very much in thought.

[]Offer your body for SCIENCE
[]Allow her to investigate, on the condition she helps you in return.
[]Write-in
[]Stylish Ruffle write-in
>> No. 8941
[x] "Uh, no. Sorry, I don't much feel like being a science experiment today. I was just wondering where I may find... central headquarters, I guess. I'm looking for some missing items"
>> No. 8942
[x] "Uh, no. Sorry, I don't much feel like being a science experiment today. I was just wondering where I may find... central headquarters, I guess. I'm looking for some missing items"
>> No. 8943
[x] "You can 'investigate' me..."
[x] Expose your bare chest.
[x] "As much as you like."
[x] FLEX
>> No. 8946
>>8943
I'll watch this fly right over her head.
>> No. 8948
[X]Offer your body for SCIENCE
>> No. 8950
[x] "You can 'investigate' me..."
[x] Expose your bare chest.
[x] "As much as you like."
[x] FLEX
>> No. 8956
[x] "You can 'investigate' me..."
[x] Expose your bare chest.
[x] "As much as you like."
[x] FLEX
>> No. 8962
[x] "You can 'investigate' me..."
[x] Expose your bare chest.
[x] "As much as you like."
[x] FLEX
>> No. 8964
File 123679242775.jpg - (301.97KB , 600x800 , 121377492438.jpg ) [iqdb]
8964
>[x] "You can 'investigate' me..."
>[x] Expose your bare chest.
>[x] "As much as you like."
>[x] FLEX

"You can 'investigate' me..." You slowly chant the words, both ridiculous and awesome. You spin around and simultaneously toss your coat away. "Oh, you can investigate me..." You repeat as you unzip the all that remains of the shield protecting your very own treasure 'chest'. "... as much as you like!" And you flex. A flex to appease the gods. If only the Akis were to see this. Your Devilbringer also seems to glow momentarily, perhaps it is also trying to display power to this Kappa?

"Eh?" Nitori is surprised as the icon on her cap now resembles a question mark, how humorous.
"Ahahaha, that's hilarious, oh what the cu-, the reading spiked?! What did you do?" She is quickly distracted by her Ghostbuster-scanner resembling device.
"What? I did nothing. I just did what felt natural." You reply, still fixed in your position of devilish manliness.
"Do it again!" The Kappa insisted.
"But-"
"Do it again!"
You pick up your coat again, grinning at the ridiculousness of a small girl wanting you to pop a surprise-flex again. This is a bizarre place.
"You can 'investigate' me..." You repeat the spin and toss your coat.
"..as much as you like!" And flex.
"...GWAHAHAHAHA." Not again. Did she do this to get another laugh?
"Ahahaha, ha-there's the spike agaihahahaha!" She glances at her device, but still continues to laugh.
"You're so much fun." Nitori compliments. "Come on, grab your coat, I'll lead you to my... 'lair'!"
As soon as your Devilbringer finished the short path through the sleeve, Nitori grabs it, and starts running fast- FAST nearly forcing you to eat the dirt.
[...]
"Here we are!" She sounds full of energy as she leads you into a relatively narrow cave. You can't extend your arms even. A few awkward positions later you come into a wide cave hall of sorts. There's all kinds of tools, devices, gadgets lying about. Feels like a garage.
"You can sit here. I'll be right back. Just putting some stuff away." Nitori says and she goes deeper in the cave- Is that a door? A door in a cave, brilliant.

[]Investigate some of the gadgets.
[]Sit still
[]Write-in You're in a Kappa garage. Klepto~

Later
[]Propose a topic while in Soviet Gensokyo, Kappa investigate YOU!
==
Keep writing awesome write-ins. You're getting orbs for every single badass action.
>> No. 8967
[x] Investigate some of the gadgets.
[x] "So, I'm looking for something..."
>> No. 8987
[x] Investigate some of the gadgets.
[x] "So, I'm looking for something..."
>> No. 8990
[x] Investigate some of the gadgets.
[x] "So, I'm looking for something..."
>> No. 8991
[x] Investigate some of the gadgets.
[x] "So, I'm looking for something..."
>> No. 9046
File 123706569182.jpg - (95.54KB , 571x578 , cooling system.jpg ) [iqdb]
9046
[x] Investigate some of the gadgets.
[x] "So, I'm looking for something..."

Sit here, huh? But this place is full of interesting stuff. How can you possibly sit still? You're in the middle of a room of devices and gadgets of unknown purposes. Who knows what that box can do? It's a knee-length cube-shaped box, with various pipes gauges on it. On the top a separate piece of metal has a protruding message. "Forecast 3000." Under said message there is a turnable knob. It is currently set to "Off", however it has other modes called "Rainy", "Sunny", and "----os". The last message has one scratch too many to be legible. Quite a mysterious box, better not mess with it. A lady once messed with a mysterious box, and her name was Pandora.

Maybe this helmet is a better subject. At first glance it looks like a modified construction helmet. There's a light added on top, so it's kind of a construction helmet turned into a mining helmet of sorts. Wait, that's not a light, that thing inside isn't a bulb. It's a... an eyeball?! Or it atleast resembles that, it's not an actual eyeball. Disregarding the story of Pandora you decide to put it on. It's a helmet, it's supposed to be safe! A goggle is slid out of the helmet which fixes itself on your right eye. The goggle... it does nothing. Is that it? Maybe there's a manual around here somewhe-.
OH WHAT, I CAN SEE THROUGH THE EYEBALL ON TOP OF IT. It would appear that this gizmo on your head allows you to view in any direction you wish, regardless of what you're facing. This gizmo is... totally awesome. You quickly remove it, you want your right eye vision stick to your right eye.

What else is here? A remote-control spider, awesome. An extendable boxing glove, brilliant. A glove that adds fingers, creepy. Rollerskaters with... are those rockets? Metal wings, there's Pandora, but there's Icarus, too.
"Sorry to keep you waiting!" Nitori slams the door open, holding various tools in her arms. She's not gonna use all of those... on you, right? She dumps all the stuff on the cave floor, and then picks up a relatively fat metal (you think atleast) rod with a gauge on top of it.
"Here, squeeze it as hard as you can." She hands you the device, which you accept with your Devilbringer. Guess it measures strength or something. You decide to squeeze the rod with all your might.

"You... broke it. What are you, an oni? You don't have any horns." Nitori pouts.
"Sorry, I don't think I am an oni. Some think I am youkai, but I'm not too sure of that either." You explain.
"Whatever, I can build another one later. Here, let me hook you up to this." Hook you up? Sounds painful.
"It's not gonna hurt or anything?" You ask.
"No no, it's just for measurements." Just for measurements? As opposed to everything else? Nitori indeed 'hooks' you up to some devices that remind you of hospital equipment. This isn't too bad. She then places another gizmo that appears to be a square slab of metal with a reader attached.
"Normally, I'd ask you to punch it, but you'd probably break it. Try just pressing your fist on it." Nitori says.
"What if I break it?" You ask.
"Please don't. Just stop when the number goes over eight thousand." You do as you're told. The reading quickly passes the eight thousand mark, and you barely stop yourself from demolishing the device.
"Okay, that's all for now. I need to process this." She states and starts to operate the hospital-equipment lookalikes.
"You can take those off." She points at the pads on your arm. You quickly do so, but you don't stop there. Off goes your coat shortly followed by your shirt.
"Anything else you expect of me?" You're already flexing.
"Hahah, I meant the pads." Nitori doesn't seem all that interested in that joke the third time. You collect your belongings.
"So, I'm looking for something..." You state.
"I've lost my sword and my gun. Seen anything like that around?"
"No, I haven't found anything for a week, then I found you! Or well, you found me. This info is great!"
"You have any idea where I could find my stuff?" You ask.
"It's probably already picked up by someone. We Kappa ravage the land of all interesting things. I can probably ask some Kappa later."
"It'd be great if you could do that for me."
"Done! Info Get!" She yells thrusting her arms up into the air happily. Are all Kappa like this?
"So, what's the diagnose, doc?"
"That arm of yours, it has ridiculous strength!" She says too enthusiastically.
"So I figured."
"It seems to draw energy from an unknown source, and it seems to be increasing the whole time slowly, the energy that is." Now this is interesting.
"What's really odd, is that at some points it just randomly spiked off the graph, I don't get it."
"Interesting." You simply state your opinion.
"How odd." Nitori falls into deep thought... Very deep thought. So deep she doesn't care about your waving hand in front of her. Nor does she care about the fact that you have removed her hat and you're ruffling her hair intensely. Oh, maybe it's a bad idea to ruffle with the Devilbringer, this thing could probably crush her skull. You quickly return the sacred artifact to its true resting place, Nitori's head. And with her hat, Nitori seems to return to the real world.
"Oh right, I have to hurry, need to meet with Hina. Sorry, gotta go!" And the Kappa has left the building... Cave, actually. You do too.

You're awfully hungry.
[]Look for some fruit.
[]Maybe something wild.
[]... Or perhaps something sentient?
>> No. 9051
[x] Look for some fruit.
[x] Maybe something wild, but not too large. We're just interested in a snack, that's all.
>> No. 9054
[x] Go look for something big. Like a bear.
[x] No, make that TWO bears!

I am man, hear me roar.
>> No. 9055
[x] Look for some fruit.
[x] Maybe something wild, but not too large. We're just interested in a snack, that's all.
>> No. 9079
[x] Look for some fruit.
[x] Maybe something wild, but not too large. We're just interested in a snack, that's all.
>> No. 9083
[x] Look for some fruit.
[x] Maybe something wild, but not too large. We're just interested in a snack, that's all.
>> No. 9098
File 123720541862.jpg - (32.55KB , 300x300 , poison-sign-thumb3891511.jpg ) [iqdb]
9098
>[x] Look for some fruit.
>[x] Maybe something wild, but not too large. We're just interested in a snack, that's all.

Some fruit and some meat will do. After activating your extraordinary mental map and marking Nitori's cave you set off, into the unknown, into the woods. After finding a few red sets of berries, curious blue apples, and some peculiar green fruit, you regret not paying attention in school. You have no idea if these are poisonous or edible, yet you're so hungry. Must... devour.

[]Try the red berries
[]Green means safe, right? The green fruit!
[]Blue apples, om nom nom.
[]Screw this, I'm gonna go hunt something.
==
Short update is short.
>> No. 9099
>>9098
Indeed; very short.

[x]Blue apples, om nom nom.

Go for the poisonous fruit first!
>> No. 9101
[]Screw this, I'm gonna go hunt something.

Bear wrestling.
>> No. 9102
[x] Screw this, I'm gonna go hunt something.

Wow, the fruit option won?

Kill a bear like a man you weenies.
>> No. 9103
[x] Screw this, I'm gonna go hunt something.
>> No. 9105
[]Screw this, I'm gonna go hunt something.
>> No. 9106
File 123724688228.gif - (60.34KB , 900x300 , bear police.gif ) [iqdb]
9106
>[x] Screw this, I'm gonna go hunt something.
>It takes a real man to eat possibly poisonous fruit.

On second thought, eating suspicious fruit may be a bad idea. Any one of these could be extremely poisonous and you might just suffer a horrible painful death... slowly. What other alternatives are there? You could probably wrestle a bear... literally. You do have a Devilbringer, apparantely capable of oni comparison or something. You leave the fruit there, and stealthily walk deeper into the woods. Or so you think. You try different methods of moving, slow but soundless, fast and sweeping. Which one of them would be more effective? You could just try sweeping a large area quickly, but wouldn't that just scare off the animals? No, you're looking for a fricken' bear. Stealthy walking it is!

This is ridiculous, you didn't think you could be this lucky. What, did it take 15 minutes of searching just to find a bear? Are you some kind of predator, or just plain lucky? After having reached a thinner part of the forest, there it is, a bear in all its magnicificence, around 15 seconds away(due to the trees and rough landscape) if you rushed it. It would probably notice you in that case.
Firstly:
[] Rush the bear.
[] Creep closer.
Secondly:
[] Just punch the hell out of it with your Devilbringer.
[] Wrestling
[] Arm-wrestling
Optional: How to prepare the dish, you have no tools.
[]Write-in.
==
If you vote/write-in fast, I can pump out two updates a day this whole week.
>> No. 9107
[x] Rush the bear.
[x] Arm-wrestling.
[x] Befriend the bear by taking a dip in the local hot spring together.
>> No. 9108
[] Rush the bear.
[] Wrestling
[] RIP AND TEAR
>> No. 9109
[x] Rush the bear.
[x] Arm-wrestling.
[x] Befriend the bear by taking a dip in the local hot spring together.
>> No. 9110
[x] Rush the bear.
[x] Arm-wrestling.
[x] Befriend the bear by taking a dip in the local hot spring together.
>> No. 9111
[x] Rush the bear.
[x] Just crush its skull.
[x] Sticks, leaves - makeshift fire. What else?
>> No. 9119
>[x] Befriend the bear by taking a dip in the local hot spring together.
I see somebody else here is a fan of wincest anime
>> No. 9121
[x] Rush the bear.
[x] Arm-wrestling.
[x] Befriend the bear by taking a dip in the local hot spring together.
>> No. 9122
>[x] Rush the bear.
>[x] Arm-wrestling.
>[x] Befriend the bear by taking a dip in the local hot spring together.

No need to be stealthy, not for what you have in mind atleast. 15 seconds, was it? You hit your devilish fist in your open palm simply saying "Let's do this!" and you run, run like the wind. It's not that difficult to run through this rough terrain, you just have to keep your eyes a bit in front of you. The bear already noticed you, it's already taking a (bear?) stance. You speed up, your target is perfectly visible and certain.

You're in front of the bear, it doesn't seem happy that you're invading its territory. You quickly grab its right paw, you have to do it while it's confused. "Let's go, let's arm-wrestle." You say, grinning.

This sort of hurts. Wonder what happened? Oh, it'd appear that you're flying. How did that happen? There's this one word in your mind you can't recall. ARGH! You hit the ground. You screwed something up, and there's that annoying word in your mind. What was it? Damnit!

Something hit you hard, didn't it? That's why you were flying momentarily, and probably why it hurts so much. Wonder what that word is? That word...

There's a bear in front of you, ofcourse. Now you remember the word.

Maul.

Dead End. Used Continue. 2 Free continues left.
[] Back 1 Choice
---Firstly:
---[] Rush the bear.
---[] Creep closer.
---Secondly:
---[] Just punch the hell out of it with your Devilbringer.
---[] Wrestling
---[] Arm-wrestling
---Optional: How to prepare the dish, you have no tools.
---[] Write-in.
[] Back 2 choices.
---[]Try the red berries
---[]Green means safe, right? The green fruit!
---[]Blue apples, om nom nom.
---[]Screw this, I'm gonna go hunt something.
==
Not in this difficulty guys.
>> No. 9123
Sigh.

[x] >>9111
>> No. 9125
[] Rush the bear.
[] Just punch the hell out of it with your Devilbringer.
[] FIRE.
>> No. 9159
[x] Maul the bear.
[x] Just crush its skull.
[x] Sticks, leaves - makeshift fire. What else?
>> No. 9161
[x] Rush the bear.
[x] Just punch the hell out of it with your Devilbringer.
[x] Tear the carcass apart with your bare hands and eat the meat raw.
[x] Make a hat out of it's hollowed out head and wear your trophy proudly.
>> No. 9166
[x] Rush the bear.
[x] Just punch the hell out of it with your Devilbringer.
[x] FIRE.
>> No. 9185
[x] Rush the bear.
[x] Just punch the hell out of it with your Devilbringer.
[x] FIRE.
>> No. 9240
File 123768049886.jpg - (361.67KB , 1000x888 , 7d60d115d8b12190d22e39bcbf230050.jpg ) [iqdb]
9240
>[x] Rush the bear.
>[x] Just punch the hell out of it with your Devilbringer.
>[x] FIRE.

No need to be stealthy, not for what you have in mind atleast. 15 seconds, was it? You hit your devilish fist in your open palm simply saying "Let's do this!" and you run, run like the wind. It'll all be over soon, you'll simply unleash a cascade of fists onto the beast. This terrain is not an actual challenge, requires minimal amounts of concentration to avoid tripping. Ah, the bear has already noticed you and is already aggressively moving towards you.
"Well then, this will only take a second, bear with me!" You yell as you take a leap, certainly worth an applause. And you land with your devilish fist on the bear. It's as if the impact is an explosion, that certainly broke some bones. No need to give the bear any more chances, you're simply hunting, not looking for slaughter nor a duel. A step closer to the bear, already you've punched it thrice. Another step and another 4 direct hits. A few more, and you have lost count. You keep this barrage of punches up a few seconds and finish with a dramatic slow punch which sends the bear flipping to its back.
The predator has claimed its prey. As soon as it figures out how to prepare a meal.
[...]
You are no scout and you never trained for survival skills, but it wasn't hard. A few dry leaves, sticks were easy to find. And the ability to create fire through friction worked remarkably well as you have only seen it on TV. After a few taste samples you conclude that the ribs are the most delicious. Bear ribs taste awesome in this late afternoon light... Or is it evening already... It's getting darker and darker, ridiculously fast. It's as if you're watching a sped-up sequence.
"Oh, who do we have here?" A voice comes from your right. From the darkest area.. No, it IS the darkness. Ah, maybe not, you vaguely see a human form with hands extended.
"Are you youkai, or are you one of them, er, gods? Mm, it smells nice here." The darkness, it speaks.

[] You're youkai, atleast that's what you're told.
[] You must be human, this hand thing is just temporary.
[] If someone asks if you're a god, you say YES!
[] "Want a bite?" Point at the bear.
==
My obsessive behaviour and my fear of ever-nearing death forced me to act and attain and view as much as possible cultural values in a short span of time thus ignoring any update schedules I may have had.
Tl,dr: I marathoned animu, played VNs.
>> No. 9242
[] If someone asks if you're a god, you say YES!
>> No. 9243
[X] "Some people call me a youkai..."
[X] "But I think I just earned the title of demon."
[X] Point at the bear. "Want a bite?"

I always love me some Rumia.
>> No. 9244
[X] If someone asks if you're a god, you say YES!
[X] "Want a bite?" Point at the bear.
>> No. 9245
[X] "Some people call me a youkai..."
[X] "But I think I just earned the title of demon."
[X] Point at the bear. "Want a bite?"
>> No. 9246
[X] "Some people call me a youkai..."
[X] "But I think I just earned the title of demon."
[X] Point at the bear. "Want a bite?"
>> No. 9248
[x] If someone asks if you're a god, you say YES!
[x] "Want a bite?" Point at the bear.
>> No. 9249
[x] If someone asks if you're a god, you say YES!
[x] "Want a bite?" Point at the bear.
>> No. 9250
[†] "Some people call me a youkai..."
[†] "But I think I just earned the title of demon."
[†] Point at the bear. "Want a bite?"
>> No. 9251
[X] "Some people call me a youkai..."
[X] "But I think I just earned the title of demon."
[X] Point at the bear. "Want a bite?"
>> No. 9252
[X] "Some people call me a youkai..."
[X] "But I think I just earned the title of demon."
[X] Point at the bear. "Want a bite?"
>> No. 9254
[X] "Some people call me a youkai..."
[X] "But I think I just earned the title of demon."
[X] Point at the bear. "Want a bite?"
>> No. 9255
File 123772661796.jpg - (169.06KB , 1056x1500 , 2129cfe9aad688f17ed94c888b289e85.jpg ) [iqdb]
9255
>[X] "Some people call me a youkai..."
>[X] "But I think I just earned the title of demon."
>[X] Point at the bear. "Want a bite?"

Your race doesn't really matter, your actions do. You took down a bear unarmed with bare fists.
"Some people call me a youkai..." You say while trying to get rid of any foodstuffs in your mouth to speak clearly.
"But I think I just earned the title of demon." You say, emphasising 'demon'.
"Is that so?" The voice is feminine, even girly.
"You want a bite, too? I suggest the ribs, they're delicious." You point at the bear as you chomp another mouthful.
The silhouette says nothing as it creeps closer to the bear, and thus closer to the campfire. The fire shaves some of the darkness, revealing a blonde girl with a black dress. She has a ribbon in her hair. She gives off a feral feel, paradoxically ignoring the fact that she's a girl. It might have to do with the fact that she's ripping ribs off a bear carcass.
She sits down on the opposite side of the campfire, the darkness that covered her long destroyed.
"So, who are you?" You ask between bites.
"Uummia." She says, her mouth full of food. She speeds up her chewing and repeats with clarity.
"Rumia!" And she begins devouring again.
Dead air again. She seems difficult to talk to.
"What's with the darkness?" You ask.
"My power. Darkness control." She simply says. Darkness control huh? You imagine Rumia being involved in a haunted house attraction, it would be pure awesome. And creepy, too. Maybe include a few bear carcasses with their ribs ready to be ripped off. Perfect haunted house material.

Dead air again. You can't really tell the time, it could be late afternoon, evening, or early night, the darkness confuses you.

[] Ask if she knows a place to sleep.
[] Suggest a topic for a conversation. Write-in.
[] Suggest Rumia to start her own Haunted House/Forest. Write-ins greatly expected.
[] Leave.
==
You are now looking at the thumbnail while saying "Itadakimasu", manually.
>> No. 9256
[] It's a pleasure to watch someone enjoy their food; an she obviously enjoys it.But you're no slouch yourself; a man must consume manly quantities of manly food.

"You get bear often?", ask her.
>> No. 9257
[X] "I think I like you! Become my familiar!"
>> No. 9260
[x] Suggest Rumia to start her own Haunted House/Forest.
[x] She could get the other youkai she knows to help out as well.
[x] First thing's first - location. Is there a large clearing in the forest, or perhaps a large, abandoned house somewhere? Or even populated area that wouldn't mind you setting up a theme park made by youkai?

So we cover a part of the forest(perhaps even get the Scarlets' permission to use their mansion) in darkness with Rumia, Mystia could sing eerily while the Prismriver Sisters play background music, you could make props with resources from the human village, Wriggle and Yamame could control the bugs, we could get Mima and Yuyuko in on the action for ghosts.

Eh, for starters at least.
>> No. 9268
[x] Suggest Rumia to start her own Haunted House/Forest.
[x] She could get the other youkai she knows to help out as well.
[x] First thing's first - location. Is there a large clearing in the forest, or perhaps a large, abandoned house somewhere? Or even populated area that wouldn't mind you setting up a theme park made by youkai?

Okay.
>> No. 9269
[x] Suggest Rumia to start her own Haunted House/Forest.
[x] She could get the other youkai she knows to help out as well.
[x] First thing's first - location. Is there a large clearing in the forest, or perhaps a large, abandoned house somewhere? Or even populated area that wouldn't mind you setting up a theme park made by youkai?

I just love this one.
>> No. 9280
Wow, why the fuck didn't I read this story earlier?

I love it. The writing style is oddly appealing. Sometimes I hear it in a 20s-movie rapid-fire pace.

Odd, and silly, but good, and not nearly as "wtf retarded" as I first mistakenly thought when reading the first post.
>> No. 9289
>>9280
>The writing style is oddly appealing. Sometimes I hear it in a 20s-movie rapid-fire pace.
I have no idea what you're talking about.
>when reading the first post.
Yes, first time writing anything like this, I swapped something around in the later posts regarding style... I'm not sure what.

As for the Haunted House write-in, I was considering abandoning any /youkai/ limits and write a Rumia Haunted House route... It's damn brilliant. Maybe as a side story.

Right now can't write, maybe in a few hours. My head feels like Yukari is repeteadly hammering her pelvis into my forehead: Pleasurable, but eventually irritating.

[X] "Goddamnit Yukari!"
[X] Anemia option
>> No. 9290
File 123784935673.jpg - (299.37KB , 900x800 , 122630755798.jpg ) [iqdb]
9290
>[x] Suggest Rumia to start her own Haunted House/Forest.
>[x] She could get the other youkai she knows to help out as well.
>[x] First thing's first - location. Is there a large clearing in the forest, or perhaps a large, abandoned house somewhere? Or even populated area that wouldn't mind you setting up a theme park made by youkai?

"Hey, Rumia" That haunted house idea, it's too good, you must share it.
"What do you think of haunted houses?"
"Haunted houses.." She tilts her head a bit, not looking at you, probably in thought.
"You mean... like ghost stories?" She asks and you simply nod back.
"I've heard some, some are weird, some are funny, and some are veeery creepy." She says extends the 'very' in an adorable manner and devours the last of the ribs.
"I had this idea... A silly idea at that. With that darkness ability you have.. Maybe you should.. I don't know.. do a Haunted House attraction or something. That's some golden business potential, you could get rich!" And horror will be unleashed upon Rumia's future customers, you're sure of it.
".. Haunted house attraction.. people want to get scared?" She's rather confused.
"Well, some people like to challenge themselves, or you for that matter. They want to see if they can be scared, or something. I'm just suggesting it because it's fun to scare people, isn't it? I remember quite a few cases on April Fools' day when I mortally terrified a few of my friends." Great, you're encouraging rib-ripping girl to scare people.
"Fools? Are you talking about Cirno?" Rumia can only answer with questions it seems.
"What? Eh, nevermind. Anyway you could get some of your friends to help. It'll be great fun for everyone, well, scary for some. Your biggest problem would be finding a location though, perhaps you can discuss it with your companions." That's it, you won't have any more to do with creeping out people.
"Sounds like a fun game." She smiles and licks her fingers clean from the blood... No, you're not supposed to stare at a girl licking blood off her delicate fingers, nor should you pay notice to the details of it, like how she slowly trails her tongue from her palm to the tip of her finge- No, banish those thoughts. It's just.. cleaning up, yeah.
"I like this game, I'll go talk with my friends then. Goodbye, Mr. Winter-hair." She rises, and does an energetic wave with her hand, the one she licked so deli- Let's think about swords instead or something.

Rumia left. And so did the darkness. It's early evening.
[]Camp here.
[]It's too dangerous here. Go back to Nitori's place, maybe she's back.
[]Go back to Nitori's place, ask for directions to somewhere else.
==
I will write Rumia's Haunted House at some point... from the perspective of a customer.
>> No. 9292
[x] It's too dangerous here. Go back to Nitori's place, maybe she's back.
>> No. 9294
[x] Camp here.
>> No. 9297
[]It's too dangerous here. Go back to Nitori's place, maybe she's back.
>> No. 9301
[x] It's too dangerous here. Go back to Nitori's place, maybe she's back.
>> No. 9302
[x]Go back to Nitori's place, ask for directions to somewhere else.
[x] Ask if you can borrow some wheels for your journey there.

Road ragin' in Gensokyo.
>> No. 9308
>Right now can't write, maybe in a few hours. My head feels like Yukari is repeteadly hammering her pelvis into my forehead: Pleasurable, but eventually irritating.

>She rises, and does an energetic wave with her hand, the one she licked so deli- Let's think about swords instead or something.

I love the way you write. It reminds me of what I try to be.
>> No. 9309
[x] It's too dangerous here. Go back to Nitori's place, maybe she's back.
[x] Bring her some dinner.
[x] Ask for directions to the Autumn Goddess' place.
>> No. 9310
http://www.touhouproject.com/others/res/16332.html
>> No. 9311
> [x] It's too dangerous here. Go back to Nitori's place, maybe she's back.

Right. Your hunger is sated, and a girl is encouraged to scare people. And it's getting late, you should probably secure yourself a bed or something. Camping here with all these bears and all sounds dangerous. So.. which way was Nitori's cave? You circle around the bear slowly, investigating your surroundings. Since the bear flipped with that punch, you had to be approaching it from.. this angle, which means you came from that way... probably.

You reach Nitori's cave entrance. There were a few mistakes which were fixed by backtracking a bit. You slip through the narrow cave and enter her 'garage'. Did she carry all of this through the narrow entrance? There must be some other exit too, there has to be. Unless she has a teleportation device stashed somewhere. Amongst the gadgets you notice Nitori, specifically her back. She's working on some gadget. You take a few steps closer, Nitori is oblivious to your presence. Whatever she is working on, it has a lot of gears. Wow, this precision, she must be totally in her own world right now, filled with gears. You wait until she finishes placing a component.

"Hey, Nitori." You say.
"Heeee~" Nitori jumps off her seat, knocking over the stool, the screwdriver rocketing out of her grasp. She was genuinely frightened by your greeting.
"Y-you scared me there!" She says.
"I waited for you to finish placing that part atleast."
"Thanks, I guess." She fixes the stool's position and sits down to take a deep breath.
"So what brings you here?"
"Eh, well, I have this problem. You see... I have nowhere to sleep, and camping seemed like a bad idea."
Nitori stays silent for a moment considering your offer.
"You're lucky I guess, heh, ironic." Nitori starts.
"There's a free room. Hina usually stays there, but she's not here now, and she doesn't actually use the bed anyway. But! You get it only on one condition: You allow me to observe your condition during the night. Okay?"
"Observe? How?" As long it isn't-
"Oh, the same stuff from before, it's nothing intrusive." Nothing intrusive.. You mean she has intrusive stuff? Maybe you shouldn't hang around Kappa afterall.
"Well, I did say you can investigate all you want." Maybe you should regret that.

Nitori leads you, through the door in the cave. That's ridiculous. Did Nitori build a house, or atleast a few rooms in a cave? There's no more rough ground, no stalagtites, it's as if you're walking in an actual house. You enter the second door (out of two) in the hallway.
The room is rather empty, there's a cupboard, a bed, and.. a map on the wall.
"Right, not much, but better than camping. You don't touch the cupboard, it's Hina's stuff. Right, I'll go get the stuff. You... er.. undress." Nitori rushes out of the door after saying that. Science before embarassment.

As you undress you look at the map. There's a few locations that seem familiar. There's Nitori's cave, that's probably the forest you visited.. This looks like the place the Akis were playing at, no? Ah, there's a bunch of other interesting stuff here too. You memorize the following locations, you can find them with no trouble: Nitori's cave, "Fun Autumn playground", Aya's home, Moriya Shrine, the Waterfall.

Nitori returns, trying not to look at anything, she's staring at the wall.
"Just.. hook yourself up." She says, and heads for the door. "Good night."
Hmm, well, you could use some sleep.

Day 1 End. Earned orbs: 2 orbs (+ 4 orbs from successful write-ins)
6 orbs
[] Dash Upgrade 0/3 Basic combat improvement. You rely on speed. The only manly strength you have is in your right arm though it is unadvisable against arm-wrestling with Suika. (2 orbs)
[] Charisma 1/3 Upgrades grant crazy hair, cheesy one-liners, intimidation and smooth talk. (2 orbs)
[] Perception. 0/3 The ability to notice things with all of your 6 senses. At rank 3, you can recite all the ingredients used in a dish just by tasting it. It's that awesome. (3 orbs)
[] Basic Devilbringer grab attack. 0/3 You can violently grab foe/object/projectile/THIS CHAIR/Remilia and crush/slam/throw Remilia at Flandre. (3 orbs)
[] Basic Devilbringer Pull move. 0/3 A spectral hand can extend from you, messing up your enemy's balance and pulling them to you... or you to them. (3 orbs)
[] Danmaku. 0/1 The ability to participate in danmaku battles, inscribe spell cards. (4 orbs)
[] Double Jump. 0/1 Self explanatory. Might get those flying pesky Touhoes. (7 orbs)
[] Devil Trigger. 0/1 You unleash a spectral demonic power within you(read: Basic Powerlevel Hax). Grants regeneration, and really powerful attacks. Lasts a short while. (10 orbs)
==
Every rank costs the same.
>> No. 9312
Well, first things first.

[X] Max Charisma

The most useful skill. Save the rest of the orbs up for later, or do whatever else with them.
>> No. 9313
[x] 2 Ranks in Dash
[x] 1 Rank in Charisma
>> No. 9314
Awesome way to end the day, I have to say. So have we decided on the route lock yet or do we have to wait till Day Two?

anyway:
[ ] Dash Upgrade 0/3 Basic combat improvement. You rely on speed. The only manly strength you have is in your right arm though it is unadvisable against arm-wrestling with Suika. (2 orbs)
[ ] Charisma 1/3 Upgrades grant crazy hair, cheesy one-liners, intimidation and smooth talk. (2 orbs)

Eh, I don't know what to do about the remaining two orbs, so I'll carry it over to the next stage.
>> No. 9315
>>9314
>So have we decided on the route lock yet or do we have to wait till Day Two?
I'd lock the route when Anon locks on target. And it's not clear right now so.. Day 2 sounds great.
>> No. 9316
[x] 2 Ranks in Dash
[x] 1 Rank in Charisma
>> No. 9317
[x] 2 Ranks in Dash
[x] 1 Rank in Charisma

Speedy and Smooth.
>> No. 9318
[x] 2 Ranks in Dash
[x] 1 Rank in Charisma
>> No. 9319
[x] 2 Ranks in Dash
[x] 1 Rank in Charisma
>> No. 9322
>>9311
> You can violently grab foe/object/projectile/THIS CHAIR/Remilia and crush/slam/throw Remilia at Flandre.

Why would you hurt Flandre?

You are bad person and you should feel bad for writing this!
>> No. 9323
[x] Perception. Twice.

No one gets the sneak-up on us!
>> No. 9341
[~] 1 rank of Dash
[z] 1 rank of Perception
[e] Hold onto that last orb until tomorrow
>> No. 9343
Hmm, Anon doesn't upgrade his only weapon. Writing next update as we speak.

>[x] 2 Ranks in Dash
>[x] 1 Rank in Charisma
0 orbs
Inventory: Stylish clothes, Devilbringer arm
Skills:
Dash Upgrade 2/3.
Charisma: 2/3
>> No. 9344
File 12380030296.jpg - (159.98KB , 700x540 , Mystia Chen Cirno series 11.jpg ) [iqdb]
9344
You wake up. Whatever this device is called, it's too annoying to sleep any further with this thing attached to you. You rush out of the bed, ripping off the appendages this monster has on your body, this must be the same rage bears feel when they're woken up from hibernation. Now that the demon is vanquished no one will disturb your sleep. Well, there's a possibility that one certain Kappa might enter your sleeping chamber. And she did mention something about the room's previous occupant. Oh, nevermind that, you had a pleasant dream, let's try remembering it.

After a moment of mental backtracking, you remember that you had a dream about your previous life, or so. You were at home... doing something... Ah you had a Devilbringer on your person, too. Oh it's just a dream anyway.

This room is empty... Almost empty... Except for that cupboard.

[] That cupboard, it must be searched.
[] Avoid Pandora's box, find Nitori, maybe she hasn't left yet.
>> No. 9346
[X] Avoid Pandora's box, find Nitori, maybe she hasn't left yet.

I like Hina too much to rifle through her things.
>> No. 9349
[x] That cupboard, it must be searched.

Hina's spare change of panties~
>> No. 9350
[] Avoid Pandora's box, find Nitori, maybe she hasn't left yet.
>> No. 9351
[x] That cupboard, it must be searched.
>> No. 9352
[X] Avoid Pandora's box, find Nitori, maybe she hasn't left yet.
>> No. 9353
[x] Stare the cupboard down.
[x] "You've made a POWERFUL enemy today, cupboard."
[x] Go see Nitori.
>> No. 9355
>>9352
[x] Stare the cupboard down.
[x] "You've made a POWERFUL enemy today, cupboard."
[x] Go see Nitori.

This.
>> No. 9368
>[] Basic Devilbringer Pull move. 0/3 A spectral hand can extend from you, messing up your enemy's balance and pulling them to you... or you to them. (3 orbs)
Yeah, I think we need some Hookshot, tomorrow evening.
>> No. 9369
[~] Stare the cupboard down.
[z] "You've made a POWERFUL enemy today, cupboard."
[e] Go see Nitori.
>> No. 9375
What, a piece of furniture as a nemesis?THIS CUPBOARD

Brilliant.
>> No. 9382
[x] Stare the cupboard down.
[x] "You've made a POWERFUL enemy today, cupboard."
[x] Go see Nitori.
>> No. 9414
[x] Stare the cupboard down.
[x] "You've made a POWERFUL enemy today, cupboard."
[x] Go see Nitori.
>> No. 9415
>[x] Stare the cupboard down.
>[x] "You've made a POWERFUL enemy today, cupboard."
>[x] Go see Nitori.

This... cupboard. It taunts you. Well, it doesn't actually talk or anything, but its existence taunts you. How can such an object exist? You were given clear orders not to touch it, yet you feel so curious about the contents. Wonder what would happen if you were to search it? It's not like it's Pandora's box. NO! That's what it wants you to think! You have outsmarted it.
"Hah, nice try." You point your devilish finger at the cupboard, it certainly looks menacing to you.
"You've made a powerful enemy today, cupboard." You step closer. You adjust your stance to expect a surprise attack. 'The cupboard lashes out and you sideroll and punch it to oblivion.' Your victory is already certain.
"One day, I will search you, and in the process I will crush you to bits with this arm of mine!" If the cupboard could scream, it would be doing so now.

Eh, threatening furniture aside, you were supposed to see if Nitori is still around. Exiting the omnious room you walk to the 'garage' area. You notice Nitori eating amongst all the devices, guess she eats where she works.
"Mornin'" You raise your left hand in greeting.
"Mawwin." You're supposed to empty your mouth before talking! Let's stick to Yes/No questions then.
"So you're gonna ask some Kappa around today, for a sword or a gun they've found?" You ask. Nitori nods energetically three times in rapid succession.
"Awesome!" You grin. Your stomach disagrees with you and protests loudly. What is this? A mysterious entity in your body demands sustenance. You look hungrily at Nitori's sandwiches. Simple, cucumber and bread. You're not really a cucumber guy, but it sure looks delicious. Nitori offers you some, she really has made a lot.
"Thanks." You accept the food with your left hand, better get used to that, the Devilbringer looks rather intimidating. Cucumber sandwiches, delicious. Well, you couldn't eat cucumbers for every meal, but this is satisfactory. Seems like Nitori has finished.
"So, what are you gonna do? I mean, you can hang around here if you want to. Just don't touch anything!" Was that a hint of one of those tsundere characteristics from those VNs you played? Nah, you must be seeing things.
"Well, since you're handling one lead of my weapons, maybe I should try out the other lead I have. Or, I could just meet with some people, make contacts, and I did promise an interview for that Aya girl." Wonder if you can pull off answering each question with a one-liner?
"Interview with Aya, hmm?" She grins mischieviously.
"Well, I think you have ulterior motives. So, what's that other lead you've got?" The Kappa says.
"I was mentioned the Tengu. Know where I could find them?" You never were told that.
"Well, the Tengu are sort of secretive, maybe I shouldn't even tell you this. But your best bet is near the Waterfall, you know how to go there right?" Nitori answers.
"Yeah, I took a look at the map on the wall in the room you gave me." It was very easy to understand. Stick to the paths, and you can get to every location.
"Well, I'm off then, enjoy my meal!" And the Kappa vanishes... into thin air. Must be a device or something.

You shove down the rest of the cucumber sandwiches to the point of sickening. You're not supposed to eat so many cucumbers. Now, where to go next?

[] Moriya Shrine.
[] The Waterfall
[] Fun Autumn Playground.
[] Aya's place.
==
There, generic question about targets. Also, updates will be difficult during this weekend.
>> No. 9416
>>9415
Gotta love how you write down that cupboard scene. Nice work.

>[x] Fun Autumn Playground.
Need more of Aki Sisters.
>> No. 9420
[] Aya's place.

On top of one-liners for answers, we have to pose as well.
>> No. 9421
[x] Moriya Shrine.

The whole place needs more love.

Especially Kanako and her mirrorboobs.
>> No. 9423
[x] Moriya Shrine.
>> No. 9424
[x] Moriya Shrine.
>> No. 9425
File 123818808136.jpg - (415.59KB , 712x712 , 121743470110.jpg ) [iqdb]
9425
>[] Moriya Shrine

Well, weapons can wait. You have no idea where you are exactly and how you got here, somehow you aren't bothered by it either. Feels like you're going to be staying on this mountain for a while. Maybe you should talk with the locals. There was supposed to be a shrine on top of the mountain. Moriya, was it? You don't have any donations, but maybe your charm can make up for it.

Mountain paths are a pain. What the hell? How are you supposed to get up this slope? It often surpasses the devilish 45 degree sin. Why is this even called a path, no one could walk on it! You'd have to fly or something. You climb the ridiculous mountain paying close attention to your stylish clothes.

Which reminds you, you certainly didn't look like this the day before yesterday. Nor did you have this arm. It seems like you have Nero's body? That's ridiculous, but here you are, aiding yourself up the mountain with monstrous strength in your right arm. Ah, didn't that Rumia call you Mr. Winter-hair? That means your hair must be white, too. Well, if you're the embodiment of a video game character, there's not much to complain, is there? Well, you are missing your weapons. Ah there's the shrine.

A Japanese-style shrine, as expected. It looks nice. And there's the Torii. Wait, why is there? You took a wrong turn! DAMN IT! You quickly apologize your mental curse as you're on holy ground. Since you approached the shrine from the wrong angle, you also get a good look on the lake. It looks quite impressive, perhaps even too impressive as it is somehow 'forced' into the scenery.

You approach the front sliding door of the shrine, or so you think. It could pass itself for a wall. There isn't anything to knock on, so you call out:
"Hello?" No answer. You shout it out a few more times.

A green-haired blue-themed shrine maiden splits open the wall, ergh, door. Her hair is entangled by a reptilian ornament, and on top of her head rests a frog, or a toad, they all look the same. Those shrine maiden sleeves look damn impressive. Darn impressive, darn.

"Uh, hi, sorry. We are currently having guest. Please follow me." She sounds busy. You follow her into the shrine and through the paper labyrinth. She leads you into a room where two eccentric individuals are enjoying tea, or somesuch, at a kotatsu.
"Right, please wait, I'll get you some tea as well." And the shrine maiden leaves the room. In front of you... Wow, they both look ridiculous. Both of them wear white and purple dresses and frilly hats. The one on your left has horns on her hat, bizarre and the one on your right has a red lace instead. What is even more bizarre is the fact that the left one has tails. Not one, or two, but.. you lost count after 5.

"Good morning. This is Ran Yakumo, and I would be Yukari Yakumo. Don't think I have seen you ever before." The voice sounds so powerful, yet playful.
"I thought I've seen all the interesting youkai. Say, you don't happen to be new, do you?" The tailed-figure is silently sipping her tea.
"New? Well, I think I arrived here the day before yesterday." You explain.
"No way! That much in such a short timeframe! Where were you before that?" Yukari's voice transforms into an excited voice.
"Eh, I was just at my computer-" You begin explaining.
"Computer?!" Yukari shouts. Ran however does a spit-take. Wonder why are they surprised?
"Outsider, huh? Ran, not a word. You, however, should come and see me when you experience.. well.. 'problems'. We need to go, go ahead and tell Sanae that we have urgent matters." Yukari sounds deadly serious and troubled. The strange bunch rises up from the kotatsu and.. heads for the wall? No, that isn't a door, that's the wall. Yukari does a wave and...
What the hell is that? The wall opened up, no, that's wrong. Reality opened up. You only glanced into it for a second. For a moment, you thought you could see everything. Rules, systems, meanings, past, present, future, functions, purposes. However.. whatever you looked at, you only know one thing. It looked into you.

Yukari and Ran are gone. Sanae reenters the room.
"Huh, they're gone? Well, more tea for us!" She's rather energetic, well, she's oblivious to the reality fuckery you just saw.
"Yeah, they had.. urgent matters.. or something" You say quietly and slowly. Yukari can access all of that what you saw? How can she.. handle that?
"Oh right, I haven't introduced myself. I'm Sanae. Sanae Kochiya, I'm the shrine maiden here at Moriya shrine." She says as she pours tea for you.

[] Yukari mentioned "Outsider". Ask Sanae.
[] Shrine maiden? Maybe she can tell you something about your arm.
[] "You said 'we' earlier. Does someone else reside at the shrine?"
[] Write-in. Flirt, compliment, just use that charisma.
==
>> No. 9429
[x] "Nice to meet you. I don't quite remember my name, but apparently I'm an 'outsider', or so that young lady in purple said I was"
[x] "You said 'we' earlier. Does someone else reside at the shrine?"
[x] Bright, innocent smiles
>> No. 9431
[x] "Nice to meet you. I don't quite remember my name, but apparently I'm an 'outsider', or so that young lady in purple said I was"
[x] "You said 'we' earlier. Does someone else reside at the shrine?"
[x] Bright, innocent smiles
>> No. 9436
[x] "Nice to meet you. I don't quite remember my name, but apparently I'm an 'outsider', or so that young lady in purple said I was"
[x] "You said 'we' earlier. Does someone else reside at the shrine?"
[x] Bright, innocent smiles
>> No. 9438
[x] "Nice to meet you. I don't quite remember my name, but apparently I'm an 'outsider', or so that young lady in purple said I was"
[x] "You said 'we' earlier. Does someone else reside at the shrine?"
[x] Bright, innocent smiles

awesome.jpg
>> No. 9439
This vote does not feel ...awesome... enough.
>> No. 9440
>>9439
I'm waiting for the next update to bring out my ultra-flirt move. Don't worry - embarrassment will ensue.
>> No. 9441
[†] "Nice to meet you. I don't quite remember my name, but apparently I'm an 'outsider', or so that young lady in purple said I was"
[†] "You said 'we' earlier. Does someone else reside at the shrine?"
[†] Bright, innocent smiles
>> No. 9443
File 12382462329.png - (380.00KB , 710x826 , 121589318359.png ) [iqdb]
9443
>[x] "Nice to meet you. I don't quite remember my name, but apparently I'm an 'outsider', or so that young lady in purple said I was"
>[x] "You said 'we' earlier. Does someone else reside at the shrine?"
>[x] Bright, innocent smiles

"Nice to meet you." You begin. Right, introductory part. So just say your name... Your name...
"I don't quite remember my name. That's odd." You aren't particularly worried about that, you remember hating your name. Sanae pours tea for herself and takes a sip.
"But apparantely I'm an 'outsider'." Sanae chokes on her tea, you should've waited a bit. After Sanae gets all her respiratory systems online, you continue.
"Or so that young lady in purple said I was." Sanae stays silent and in thought for a while.
"You're serious?" She asks.
"Totally."
"You don't know what that exactly means, do you?" She sounds deadly serious.
"No, not really."
"You are in Gensokyo... a haven, bubble-universe, whatever you want to call it. It's.. er.. separated from the rest of the world, or 'Outside' for a few hundred years now." That sounds somewhat plausible.
"... I see... That would explain the various mythological creatures. Wait, I met actual goddesses?" You ask. The Akis looked so... human.
"Who? Who did you meet?" Sanae quickly returns the question.
"Er, sisters, called themselves Aki-"
"Yeah, they're goddesses. Goddesses of Autumn or so." She explains. Time to take a sip of tea, this information is quite a lot to take in.
"But.. You're from the Outside? You look Youkai, with that arm." She's skeptical.
"Didn't have this three days ago." You explain.
"No way!"
"This is kind of cool though, and Genso..kyo, was it? This place is nice, too." You smile, perhaps even grin, and take another sip of tea. Whoa, this tea, this tastes awesome. Now that you're cool, you can actually taste the product of a god's servant, or something.
"Yeah, this place is very nice. Though sometimes I'd want to go back." She lifts her cup to her face yet doesn't drink from it, she's enjoying the smell.
"Back?"
"I'm from Outside as well."
"Really?" Good thing you weren't drinking tea, otherwise you would have reacted like Ran or Sanae herself.
"Yeah... I was the 'weird girl' in school. Sure I was picked on, but I had a few close friends." She has a sad expression on her face, partially masked by the teacup.
"I envy you." You look directly at her, and conjure a smile.
"I didn't have any great friends, and I'd always escape to video games, or the like." You and Sanae silently finish the rest of your tea.

"When you were at the front door, you said 'we'. Does someone else reside at the shrine?" Perhaps she made new friends since then?
"Oh, those would be my two goddesses." She explains.
"Goddesses?! Here too?!" Well, if you think about it, this is a shrine.
"Yeah, there's the earth goddess Suwako Moriya, and the wind goddess Kanako Yasaka. They're quite selfish, hahaha." Should a shrine maiden really be telling that?

[] Ask Sanae to introduce the deities.
[] Ask Sanae about your arm.
[] Infinite Write-ins.
>> No. 9447
[x] "You know, I had always thought of shrine maidens by the typical stereotypes people judge them by; cold, reclusive, superficial. You, you're not like that at all. You're gorgeous, and kind. I think I'm going to enjoy being in Gensokyo"
[x] Ask her more about herself
[x] Ask Sanae to introduce the deities.
>> No. 9448
[x] "You know, I had always thought of shrine maidens by the typical stereotypes people judge them by; cold, reclusive, superficial. You, you're not like that at all. You're gorgeous, and kind. I think I'm going to enjoy being in Gensokyo"
[x] Ask her more about herself
[x] Ask Sanae to introduce the deities.
>> No. 9449
[x] "You know, I had always thought of shrine maidens by the typical stereotypes people judge them by; cold, reclusive, superficial. You, you're not like that at all. You're gorgeous, and kind. I think I'm going to enjoy being in Gensokyo"
[x] Ask her more about herself
[x] Ask Sanae to introduce the deities.
>> No. 9450
[x] "You know, I had always thought of shrine maidens by the typical stereotypes people judge them by; cold, reclusive, superficial. You, you're not like that at all. You're gorgeous, and kind. I think I'm going to enjoy being in Gensokyo"
[x] Ask her more about herself
[x] Ask Sanae to introduce the deities.

Using our charisma to the maximum extent.
>> No. 9451
[x] "You know, I had always thought of shrine maidens by the typical stereotypes people judge them by; cold, reclusive, superficial. You, you're not like that at all. You're gorgeous, and kind. I think I'm going to enjoy being in Gensokyo"
[x] Ask her more about herself
[x] Ask Sanae to introduce the deities.
>> No. 9453
>[x] "You know, I had always thought of shrine maidens by the typical stereotypes people judge them by; cold, reclusive, superficial. You, you're not like that at all. You're gorgeous, and kind. I think I'm going to enjoy being in Gensokyo"
>[x] Ask her more about herself
>[x] Ask Sanae to introduce the deities.

"You know," You begin.
"I had always thought of shrine maidens by the typical stereotypes people judge them by;" Sanae frowns upon hearing that. You would too, what kind of bastard would think like that.
"Cold, reclusive, superficial." Sanae looks directly at you, expecting something mentally horrible.
"You, you're not like that. At all. " She smiles and drops her eyes to the floor. Her hair effectively hides her expression.
"You're gorgeous, and kind." She turns her face away, muttering something like "Please."
"I think I'm going to enjoy being in Gensokyo." The room is silent once more. Sanae breaks the silence after a minute or so.
"Such.. compliments. Ha..ha."
"Why don't you tell me more about yourself?" Inquiring artillery, open fire!
"Huh, what, about me?" The embarrassment has faded. Sanae now faces you, her right hand resting on her chin.
"Yeah. Like, what you did before you came to Gensokyo?"
"Uh.. I was a shrine maiden then, too. Besides being a student I was a part-time worker at a convenience store, um, my favourite color is blue-"
"Then I got the right coat! Anyway, I never asked for your favourite color." You say.
"Oh, ah, I was just... reciting things." Is that the Return of the Embarrassment?
"Well, what else did you do? You know, to unwind."
"Ah. I guess I liked playing football. I was in the football club and all." Sanae says.
"Football? A shrine maiden? Wow. That's amazing." You take a moment and try to imagine Sanae in team colours, instead of that shrine maiden outfit. Wonder how she would have her hair during a match? The hair ornaments should stay, no?
"Yeah. I was really awesome! I was the best offense on the team. Miracle Kochiya, and stuff like that!" She energetically says and throws a few punches into the air before settling in a fighting stance.
"Wish I had a ball here, I could show some of the locals how to play it. Would be fun!" Yes, you can already imagine gods and youkai playing football. Well, actually you can't. There's no way to make a balanced team, is there?

"Can you introduce me to your deities?" You ask.
"Yeah, sure, they're in the other building, it's sort of on the other side of the lake. It's gonna take a while to get there." Sanae explains.
After starting a walk, Sanae returns the question:
"How about you? What did you do before you came to Gensokyo?"

[] Write-in.
==
Stalling tactic, or something. Also, I decided that there's no route lock, so we're gonna rely on Anon's targetting systems.
>>9450
But your charisma is only 2/3
>> No. 9454
>>9453

[x] "I was a freelance novelist. I enjoyed writing sci-fi, fantasy, and adventure stories. I made enough to get by but nothing too special. A place like this will give a bunch of material to work with if I ever make it back home."
>> No. 9460
[x] "I was a freelance novelist. I enjoyed writing sci-fi, fantasy, and adventure stories. I made enough to get by but nothing too special. A place like this will give a bunch of material to work with if I ever make it back home."

----------------

>>9453
>Also, I decided that there's no route lock, so we're gonna rely on Anon's targetting systems.
Considering there are lots of potential targets in Gensokyo, Anon's going to have hard time switching from one target to another, but eh. If it works, then I don't see any problem with it.
>> No. 9461
[x] "I was a freelance novelist. I enjoyed writing sci-fi, fantasy, and adventure stories. I made enough to get by but nothing too special. A place like this will give a bunch of material to work with if I ever make it back home."
>> No. 9463
[x] "I was a freelance novelist. I enjoyed writing sci-fi, fantasy, and adventure stories. I made enough to get by but nothing too special. A place like this will give a bunch of material to work with if I ever make it back home."
>> No. 9466
[x] "I was a freelance novelist. I enjoyed writing sci-fi, fantasy, and adventure stories. I made enough to get by but nothing too special. A place like this will give a bunch of material to work with if I ever make it back home."
>> No. 9482
Updates?
>> No. 9501
>>9482
After I bake my cake and eat it.
It's delicious, I know it.
>> No. 9502
File 123843496719.jpg - (86.29KB , 584x412 , 1222166260339.jpg ) [iqdb]
9502
>[x] "I was a freelance novelist. I enjoyed writing sci-fi, fantasy, and adventure stories.

I made enough to get by but nothing too special. A place like this will give a bunch of material to work with if I ever make it back home."

"I was a novelist. A freelance novelist." You say with a smile. Writing allowed you to create worlds, escape the harsh reality.
"Ooh, a writer! What did you write?" Sanae jumps in surprise.
"Eh, I enjoyed writing sci-fi, fantasy, tried mixing them. Some general adventure stories. Nothing revolutionary. I made enough to get by, that's all." You doubt you'd be any kind of Lucas or Tolkien.
"A place like this, Gensokyo, that is, will give a whole bunch of new material to work with. If I ever make it back home. Like I'd want that. Ofcourse, I could write here, but a story about Gensokyo for Gensokyoan people is hardly interesting."
"You could tell me some of your stories some time." You weren't much of a story teller. Then again, you weren't a video game character either.
"Hmm. Maybe that one about moon people and their invasions." You think out loud.
"Moon people, invasions? Hahahaha." Sanae laughs lightly.
"What, what's so funny?" You ask.
"Oh, nothing. Ah, we're already here. Wait here a moment, I'll check inside." Sanae says, and enters the building. You take a look back, you see the shrine and the lake. They look like they're cut into the scenery, they shouldn't be here. However this cutout feel is interesting and doesn't bother you that much. It's like a theater stage, the shrine and lake remind you of props. Feels like the lake was transported here, haha.

"Huryaa!" Someone shouts. You turn to see whoever yelled that, and instead your vision is blocked by an incoming flying figure, donned with a wide brown hat.

[] It's certainly a god, goddess, or anything divine. Bow down!
[] Dodge
[] Test the elasticity of the incoming figure. With your fist.
[] Stare.
==
Fuck yeah, cake. The feeling of chomping off a big piece off that hot cake, and then incinerating your tongue, followed by accidental swallowing, and then wriggling in torment as you feel a centre of heat travel down your throat. Also have a Vergil-Youmu
>> No. 9504
>>9502

I have a bit of a critique for your writing.

It's how you write people laughing/embarrassed laughter.

Take this for example.

>"Moon people, invasions? Hahahaha." Sanae laughs lightly.

When I look at this it feels like Sanae is laughing robotically, like she has no actual emotion going into the laughter.

It's the little things like this that draw my eye.
>> No. 9505
[x] Dodge
>> No. 9507
[x] Dodge
>> No. 9508
[x] Dodge
[x] The wide brown hat is the god. Bow down!
[x] Draw the Hat's outline on the ground.
[x] Chant some gibberish.
>> No. 9509
[x] Charge at it yourself
[x] Take the figure head-on into a bear-hug

>>[] It's certainly a god, goddess, or anything divine. Bow down!
I think this is a lot better than trying to dodge. She'll fly right over our head.
>> No. 9510
[x] Dodge
[x] The wide brown hat is the god. Bow down!
[x] Draw the Hat's outline on the ground.
[x] Chant some gibberish.

The hat will surely aid us in our crusade against the cupboard.
>> No. 9512
[x] It looks kinda feminine... flex backwards to dodge, matrix style, simultaneously giving you the angle for a quick glance of her panties.
[x] Slow motion for extra effect(and viewtime.)

This is how Dante would do it.
>> No. 9513
[x] It looks kinda feminine... flex backwards to dodge, matrix style, simultaneously giving you the angle for a quick glance of her panties.
[x] Slow motion for extra effect(and viewtime.)
>> No. 9514
[x] It looks kinda feminine... flex backwards to dodge, matrix style, simultaneously giving you the angle for a quick glance of her panties.
[x] Slow motion for extra effect(and viewtime.)
>> No. 9516
[x] It looks kinda feminine... flex backwards to dodge, matrix style, simultaneously giving you the angle for a quick glance of her panties.
[x] Slow motion for extra effect(and viewtime.)
>> No. 9517
[x] It looks kinda feminine... flex backwards to dodge, matrix style, simultaneously giving you the angle for a quick glance of her panties.
[x] Slow motion for extra effect(and viewtime.)
>> No. 9526
[z] It looks kinda feminine... flex backwards to dodge, matrix style, simultaneously giving you the angle for a quick glance of her panties.
[e] Slow motion for extra effect(and viewtime.)
>> No. 9527
>>9512
I take back what I had voted and choose this one instead.
>> No. 9530
>[x] It looks kinda feminine... flex backwards to dodge, matrix style, simultaneously giving you the angle for a quick glance of her panties.
>[x] Slow motion for extra effect(and viewtime.)

Even though your instinct tells you to dodge left or right, you decide to push your luck and try something new. Like sliding underneath the figure. Or wait, you could just flex back, like in The Matrix!

The thought is instantenous, your body quickly drops lower, your knees bend, your hands wave in front of you for maximum dramatic effect. Well, this sucks, this is hardly slow motion at all.

Ah, the figure is passing over you now. It'd appear to another girl. Her hat is a wide straw hat, it has two eye-resembling ornaments on top. This girl is launching over you, her legs extended wide, she's passing you like some obstacle on a course. If you only could slow down time to enjoy this figure flying over you.

Ah, light blue stripes. Time slows down. You count the stripes. One, two, three, there's seven of them.

Thud. Another one. You fall on your back. You glance behind yourself, easy to do on your back. Well, there are the stripes. The girl quickly gets up, turns around and says:
"You weren't supposed to do that! Now I'm all dirty!" And she starts cleaning her clothes. You get back on your feet as well.

The door of the building is opened. Sanae and a-what the hell. A woman walks out of the building with Sanae. She wears a red dress. But the most peculiar part is that she has a gigantic wreath on her back and a mirror rests on her bosom. How the hell does she drag that wreath. Oh she must be one of the goddesses. Should you bow down, or something?

"Ah, you've already met Suwako, I wondered where she was. This is Lady Kanako Yasako." Sanae says. You decide to atleast modestly bow down at the mention of her name for a moment.
"Oh, right. I'm Suwako Moriya." The sound behind you says. And you suddenly feel some weight on your shoulders. Did that Suwako just decide to sit on your shoulders? Kanako's figure approaches you, and so does her gigantic wreath and presence. She's investigating you closely and you decide to drop your mortal sight away from her face, you see your reflection off the mirror. Wow, you actually have white hair, but your face is still familiar, or it still has that same familiarity, you can't tell the difference.
"Like what you see?"

[] "Yeah, I look awesome!"
[] "Those are some nice round eyes"
[] Write-in.
>> No. 9531
[X] "Damn, I'm lookin' good"
>> No. 9532
LOL
Well played, Sanaek.

[X] "Damn, I'm lookin' good."
[X] "...! Oh, s'up?"
[x] Introduce yourself.
>> No. 9535
>>9532
>Introduce
How?
>> No. 9538
[x] "Damn, I'm lookin' good"
[x] Take this time to straighten out your hair. It's messy.
[x] "Oh! Sorry about that. Nice to meet you" extend your hand and put on a big grin.
>> No. 9539
[x] "Damn, I'm lookin' good"
[x] Take this time to straighten out your hair. It's messy.
[x] "Oh! Sorry about that. Nice to meet you" extend your hand and put on a big grin.
>> No. 9540
Changing vote:

[x] "Damn, I'm lookin' good"
[x] Take this time to straighten out your hair. It's messy.
[x] "Oh! Sorry about that. Nice to meet you" extend your hand and put on a big grin.
>> No. 9541
[x] "Damn, I'm lookin' good"
[x] Take this time to straighten out your hair. It's messy.
[x] "Oh! Sorry about that. Nice to meet you" extend your hand and put on a big grin.
>> No. 9542
[x] "Damn, I'm lookin' good"
[x] Take this time to straighten out your hair. It's messy.
[x] "Oh! Sorry about that. Nice to meet you" extend your hand and put on a big grin.
>> No. 9543
[x] "Damn, I'm lookin' good"
[x] Take this time to straighten out your hair. It's messy.
[x] "Oh! Sorry about that. Nice to meet you" extend your hand and put on a big grin.
>> No. 9547
[x] "Damn, I'm lookin' good"
[x] Take this time to straighten out your hair. It's messy.
[x] "Oh! Sorry about that. Nice to meet you" extend your hand and put on a big grin.
>> No. 9552
[~] "Damn, I'm lookin' good"
[z] Take this time to straighten out your hair. It's messy.
[e] "Oh! Sorry about that. Nice to meet you" extend your hand and put on a big grin.
>> No. 9558
File 123858788410.jpg - (423.94KB , 620x632 , 7a646cd25cc74a59776e8cf470060f07.jpg ) [iqdb]
9558
>[x] "Damn, I'm lookin' good"
>[x] Take this time to straighten out your hair. It's messy.
>[x] "Oh! Sorry about that. Nice to meet you" extend your hand and put on a big grin.

Upon noticing the condition of your hair, you decide to run your fingers through the hair a few times. Ah, this is nice, this is perfect, this is Stylish.
"Damn, I'm lookin' good!" You say, and throw a smile to yourself. You didn't think white hair could look this badass. If you only had seen this mirror sooner. Oh right, it's Lady Yasaka's.
"Oh! Sorry about that!" You have just used a goddess's personal mirror to improve your looks. What.
"Nice to meet you!" You say, take a half a step backwards and stick out your right hand in greeting. You smile at the lady goddess, no, you grin.

Yasaka grabs your hand, and she eyes it intensively.
"Excellent, you will do! You will participate in the Moriya arena!" She says after releasing your hand and placing hers on her hips.
"What, arena, Moriya? We don't eve-"
"Silence Sanae, Suwako, make us an Arena!" Yasaka sounds divinely powerful. After those words, Suwako took off into the air, not too high, and she begins chanting something. In front of her, the ground is rearranging itself. The spectacle is unbelievable. After a minute of swirling trees, rolling boulders an arena is formed, complete with pedestals. This is ridiculous, is this the power of a goddess?

"You, get in the arena!" Yasaka shouts orders at you, yet she doesn't wait for you to react and forcefully grabs you and tosses you in the arena. You somehow manage to stay standing after being thrown by a god. Another person is in the pit. She appears to be a nun of sorts. She holds a ring in her left hand which is surrounded by thin mist.

"I will be your enemy." She says.
"Can you use danmaku?"
"Danmaku?" You ask.
"Guess not then. Miss Yasaka, can he fight?" She turns to the goddess that is observing the arena from the pedestal.
"Ah, ofcourse."
==You gain all skills.==
==You gain Blue Rose and Red Queen==
You feel power within you, ridiculous power, maddening power. The power given by a god. She even gave you your weapons.

"Right, time to fight, Unzan!" She yells out and rushes towards you. Is she gonna punch you with that ring?

No, that mist around the ring, that's the attack. She's too slow, you'll be miles away before the impac- the mist, it forms itself into something solid and extends at an accelerating speed. Your god-given speed barely outmaneuvers this attack. You get a chance to glance back, the 'solid' mist appears to be a fist, much like yours.

"Annoying!" The nun exclaims.
"Just finish him in one blow, Unzan." Is she talking to herself?

The mist, it spreads out, and a cloud forms in front of you. It has distinct facial features. That must be Unzan. Ah, another fist forms, this time it's a thousand, ten thousand times bigger. It's colossal, this can demolish the entire arena. But... you think you can take it. The god-given powers have already dug to your brain and inflicted you with megalomania. The gigantic fist already descends upon you. You rush towards it to meet it faster. The fist, you can easily count all the five fingers. You clench your own fist, and leap towards your final destination. You ready your Devilbringer to negate the attack, no, to annihilate these clouds.

Something clicks, the Devil Trigger is unleashed.

The fists collide. You can feel your right arm to shatter and regenerate continuously, for some this would be unbearable torture, but for you this is excellent. You grin masochistically as you witness Unzan's colossal fist to be doing the same, being blown into mere mist which forms itself again.

This is repeated a few times, the destruction from the collision has already vaporized the arena. The lake next to it has met the same fate. The shrine in the distance is falling apart.

Eventually both of your powers extinguish, and the flame is blown out.

April fools' end
>> No. 9559
>>9558

Argh, ya got meh!
>> No. 9560
>>9558
Aw, man! I was caught off-guard by both the ending and Unzan. Still awesome, though.
>> No. 9562
...........
...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯r
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
..........................'...../
..........''............. _.·´
..........................(

GENSOKYO SHATTERING BRO FIST FUCK YEAH
>> No. 9566
What.

Nice.
>> No. 9574
Excellent April Fool's Day joke, enjoyed it thoroughly.