[Return]
Archived Thread

File 121101368112.jpg - (46.26KB , 300x715 , 1208819918538.jpg ) [iqdb]
839 No. 839
"Sanae, turn that light on or give it to someone else."

"But...!"

"If you're tired, then go to sleep. But I'm not leaving until I've checked every inch of this place at least once."

After a moment's pause, the grass is lit once again. "All right. I just hope you know what you're doing." So do you, actually, but you push that thought back and concentrate on the search.

The fourth pass, nothing. You've just begun the fifth, when... a crack in the ground? You run a finger along it, quivering in anticipation. Yes, yes! This curve is too regular to be natural! "Sanae, hold that light steady! I think I've found it!" Everyone crowds in above you as you continue to trace the cover. You find a spot where the crack is a little wider, just enough to get your fingers in and underneath. Tracing with the other hand, you find another one on the opposite side, grip it and pull up, straining what must be every muscle in your arms and back. God, this thing is heavy!

"Stand back, let me..." Minoriko starts to move in to take over, but stops when she sees you're actually managing to lift it out of place. Slowly, you raise the cover out of the hole and slide it onto the ground, panting and almost collapsing from the effort. "Wow," she says quietly. "Never mind, I guess."

The light goes off and Sanae is suddenly directly over you, hovering in more than one sense of the word. "You idiot! That cover wasn't meant to be lifted by normal humans! You might have hurt yourself! Are you all right?"

"Yeah, I..." She's right. You shouldn't have been able to do that at all, at least not without hurting yourself seriously. And yet, you don't feel any pain. Hell, you can't believe you were seriously considering going to sleep a minute ago. Maybe it's just an adrenaline rush, but... "I feel great, actually."

Sanae starts to object, but falls silent. "You do? Really?"

"Yeah, really. I'm not even tired anymore."

She stares at you oddly. You start getting that bug-under-a-microscope feeling again, like when she first came to meet you earier today. "All right, then." What was that about?

Minoriko passes you by as she flies on down the tunnel. "Come on. Shizuha's waiting."

"Coming." You hang both legs down the passage, preparing to climb down. Looking up to say good-bye, you see Sanae already floating slowly up to the shrine. Hina has stayed behind, looking down at you with concerned eyes. Before you can say anthing, she reaches down and places one hand firmly on top of your head.

"Good. Luck." And with that oddly enunciated well-wishing, she turns to follow the priestess.

...no time to worry about any of that, now. You drop through the manhole after Minoriko.

===

Pic as related as I could manage.

Also, splitting this up. Retrieval mission begins next post.

>> No. 840
>>Hina has stayed behind, looking down at you with concerned eyes. Before you can say anthing, she reaches down and places one hand firmly on top of your head.
>>"Good. Luck." And with that oddly enunciated well-wishing, she turns to follow the priestess.

inb4 we fall down and break our arm
>> No. 841
>>Hina has stayed behind, looking down at you with concerned eyes. Before you can say anthing, she reaches down and places one hand firmly on top of your head.
>>"Good. Luck." And with that oddly enunciated well-wishing, she turns to follow the priestess.
Well, that's it, we're dead. Might as well give up now.
>> No. 842
>Hina has stayed behind, looking down at you with concerned eyes. Before you can say anthing, she reaches down and places one hand firmly on top of your head.

>"Good. Luck." And with that oddly enunciated well-wishing, she turns to follow the priestess.

[x] Y U DO DIS?
>> No. 843
She touched us... and she leaks.

Damnit, do we have bad luck now?
>> No. 844
By the time you realize what a stupendously moronic move it was to just drop through the hole instead of climbing down the walls, you've already landed safely. Perfect three-pointer, too, leading foot breaking the fall, moving the rest of your body into a kneeling crouch with arms extended and hands palm-down on the floor. Holy shit. You could not do that again if you tried. Looks pretty damn cool, too. You look up, but Minoriko's back is to you as she looks down the hallway. Oh well, can't have everything.

You stand up and approach her. "Minoriko." She turns to face you. "I know you're anxious, but let's get one thing clear. This is a sneaking mission. We're in here to get your sister and get out. The less we're seen, the better. Understand?"

"I understand."

"Good." That fire's still burning in her eyes, though. You can't help but wonder. "Stay behind me and follow my lead." You move past her and start down the hallway. You sense her following you, her general position unchanged, but hear no footsteps. Ah. She must be hovering just above the ground. Maybe she understands more than you thought. Maybe.

Nearing the end of the hallway, you can see the guard standing off to one side. Looks like it's still Sayo. Wait, they haven't relieved him yet? Poor guy. Suddenly, he springs to alertness, and you freeze in place.

"No, sir! I wasn't sl..." Pause. "Oh. Thought I heard something." He stays at attention for a minute, then his posture slumps back down. Sleeping on his feet? Perhaps...

[ ] Knock him out somehow, can't take the chance.
[ ] Wake him up.
[ ] Try to sneak past him.
>> No. 846
[x] Knock him out somehow, can't take the chance.
We're going to need this route clear when we make our escape. There's no way we'll get our hands on Shizuha without triggering some sort of 'THE PRISONER HAS ESCAPED' alarm, and that means Sayo'll be alert and blocking our route on the way back.

>>843
Doubt it. Wiki says her bad luck only affects those around her, and since she's not accompanying us, we should be fine.
>> No. 847
[x] Wake him up.
[x] Tell Minoriko to hide
[x] Tell him what you've "learned" and have him go relay the message while you sneak in.
>> No. 848
[x] Wake him up.
[x] Tell Minoriko to hide
[x] Tell him what you've "learned" and have him go relay the message while you sneak in.

Oh...This sounds good.
>> No. 849
As >>846, I'm changing my vote to >>847 . Guy's a genius.
>> No. 850
[x] Wake him up.
[x] Tell Minoriko to hide
[x] Tell him what you've "learned" and have him go relay the message while you sneak in.

hmmm, i sure hope that this works, sounds too good to be true.
>> No. 851
Looks like Hina just drained away our misfortune. Nice.
>> No. 852
>>851
I'd let Hina drain my misfortune, if you know what I mean.
>> No. 853
>>847
Nice. Very nice.

Writing.
>> No. 854
[x] Wake him up.
[x] Tell Minoriko to hide
[x] Tell him what you've "learned" and have him go relay the message while you sneak in.

Wonder if she remembers that we mentioned we were a spy.

Don't forget to mention, she's berserk.

>This is a sneaking mission
I see what you did there.
>> No. 855
We still need a name for this LA.

Cu Chulainn vs. the Mountain?
Shrine be comin' around the Mountain?

My names suck. Come on people, help me out.
>> No. 856
>>855
The Hound of Moriya
Code Geis
>> No. 857
>>855

Why name it? None of them get named anymore, just their anons.
>> No. 858
>>857
Rather, why not?

also, "Anon Man and the Mountain"?
>> No. 859
>>855
Gae Bolge
>> No. 860
so slow....
>> No. 861
>>860
It's a wall, quit your bitching.
>> No. 862
You have an idea. "Minoriko, get back. Wait for me under the tunnel."

She moves in closer, her voice hissed through clenched teeth. "No! She's MY sister! You can't make me abandon her!"

"I'm not asking you to abandon her. But one person alone can sneak in better than two."

"Then I'LL go!"

"You?" Now you turn to face her. Her teeth are grinding, her arms are rigid at her sides, her hands are balled into fists. If you didn't know better, you'd swear you could see her literally fuming. "Look at you. You're a mess. This kind of thing requires subtlety, and you're ready to fly off the handle at the slightest provocation. One false move, and the whole mountain comes down on us. A goddess you may be, but do you really think you could handle that?"

Minoriko's rage finally fails her, and her bearing sinks into a truer form: a hurt, frightened, desperately worried little girl. "You... promise you'll get her back for me?"

You put on your best smile and ruffle her hair for good measure. "I promise. Now, get back and stay out of sight, okay?"

"Okay." Smiling uneasily back, she floats away up the hall and out of sight. Turning back to the business at hand, you creep up past the sleeping Sayo and stand in front of him. Hmm. Shake him? Speak to him? You don't want to startle him at all, in case he acts on instinct before realizing who you are. That sword looks awful sharp.

As you're wondering, he suddenly jerks awake again. "Sir! I was just..." His eyes notice you, but don't seem entirely focused. "Ah, sir! Nothing to report, but my relief is late by some... whuh?" There, now his eyes are really seeing you. He blinks the bleariness away and looks at you quizzically. "Sir Chulainn? What are you doing back here?"

"Sayo... it's kind of a long story. But, I'm glad it's still you here. I need a favor."

He straightens up, fully awake now. "Anything I can do to help the mission, sir."

"Good man. Now, listen. I've made contact with the shrine's inhabitants. There are only four... no, sorry, make that five total, but I only know the fifth from a passing mention. One is a priestess, human like me, the other four, believe it or not, are goddesses." You wait for this to sink in.

"I see." Oh. That was unexpected... then again, he didn't really blink when you gave him your name either. Guess that's just his personality.

"Anyway, I have confirmed that they and their shrine have all come here across the border from the outside world, like me. Why they came here, and why they chose this mountain, I have not yet been able to determine, but I am convinced they are not a threat to the safety of the mountain. Do you understand everything I've told you so far?"

"Yes, sir."

"Excellent. I want you to relay this to your superiors at once. All right?"

"Yes, sir. But... what are you doing here? Couldn't this have waited until your regular report in the morning?"

"I'm afraid not. You see, the shrine sent two of their goddesses down the mountain as emissaries to the tengu and the kappa. The one sent to the kappa has returned, but they believe that the one sent to you here has been detained as an intruder, same as I was. In their anxiety to get her back, I was afraid they might do something rash and offered to sneak in alone to retrieve her."

Sayo nods thoughtfully. "I see... maintaining your cover, while gaining their trust... very clever, sir." That first bit kind of twinges on you, but no sense dwelling on it. "That might also explain why they forgot to send my relief up here. Two intruders in one day? HQ must be a hornet's nest." He chuckles dryly at the thought, starting off towards an upward-sloping corridor. "Not to worry, sir. I'll get your report sent up the chain of command ASAP."

"Thanks. I owe you big, Sayo. Ah! Wait a moment! I don't suppose you have any idea where the emissary might be held?"

He shrugs sadly. "Sorry, sir, your word was the first I'd heard of it. All I can tell you is to keep heading down, detention cells are on the lower levels."

"I see." Damn. "Well, thanks anyway."

"Good luck, sir." Sayo salutes you, then turns and flies quickly up the hall.

You turn the other way. The hall does slope downward. But how to go about this?

[ ] Methodical search. Check each corridor as you go.
[ ] Random. Just keep running downward until things look promising.
[ ] Scrap the mission. Once they get your report, they'll surely let her go.
>> No. 863
[ ] Methodical search. Check each corridor as you go.
>> No. 864
[x] Methodical search. Check each corridor as you go.

>[ ] Scrap the mission. Once they get your report, they'll surely let her go.

Minoriko would flay us alive if we chose this, by the way.
>> No. 865
[x] Methodical search. Check each corridor as you go.

Might as well be thorough
>> No. 866
[X] Methodical search. Check each corridor as you go.
Not stealthy anymore, but will work out. I am kind of worried that we told them now everything we know, we should've left something out.
>> No. 867
[x] Methodical search. Check each corridor as you go.
If we run into anyone, we're 'on their side' so there's no danger of being attacked or imprisoned. No reason not to do this properly.

It's already been said, but we can't abandon the mission now. Shizuha being freed is by no means a guaranteed thing, plus Minoriko'll BAD END us anyway.
>> No. 868
[X] Methodical search. Check each corridor as you go.

This is gonna take a while.
>> No. 869
I wonder how the tengu will react when they realize we uncovered one of their well-concealed exits.

I think we should be very, very careful trying to go through it again, next time.

On the other hand, how exactly were we supposed to make contact with them to make a report? Aya has her crows, but I've forgotten how we were meant to contact the main body.
>> No. 870
>>866
They sent you to find out about the shrine and relay it back to them, and that's what you've done. What would you have left out?

Anyway, slow and steady. Writing.
>> No. 871
>>870

"Why play for one side when you can play for them all?"
>> No. 872
File 121102185972.gif - (0.97MB , 240x135 , jun - strip.gif ) [iqdb]
872
>>871
The code of the bisexual trap.

Which reminds me, there should be an LA with an Anon Watarase.
>> No. 873
Suddenly it got very quiet.
>> No. 874
Recklessness would only get you caught. It might take a while... hell, it might take all bloody DAY, but doing this methodically really is the best option. You take a deep breath and start down the corridor.

The progress goes about as slow as you expected. Each branching corridor has just as many corridors branching off from it, but you try to stick to just moving down the one, just glancing down the first couple sub-branches. After a while, heading down one passage, you hear a distantly familiar, rhythmic sound. Moving a little closer, you finally recognize it: printing presses. Sounds like a lot of them. A LOT. What was it Aya said? "Every paper in the mountain..." Guess news reporting must be a popular profession around here.

Turning back to the "main" corridor, you see a crow tengu flying up it. You just about jump out of your skin, but she passes and is gone without incident. Christ, doesn't ANYbody walk around here?! You better hope so, because no walking means no footsteps, which means someone could be breathing on the back of your neck before you even knew they were there. Shaking a little, you get back to the search.

Several hours later (no real sense of time in here, but it sure feels like that), you're heading down the "main" corridor to the next branch, when your hair suddenly stands on end. Someone's coming. You twist and turn around, but you can't tell which direction they're coming from, you just know that they're coming. You run to hide down the next corridor, but are stopped short by a closed door just a few feet down it. No time to try another one, no chancing the door in case they hear. Quick!

[ ] Press yourself against the wall, back facing down.
[ ] Press yourself against the wall, back facing up.
[ ] Try the door anyway.
>> No. 875
[ ] Press yourself against the wall, back facing up.
>> No. 876
[ ] Press yourself against the wall, back facing down.
[ ] Press yourself against the wall, back facing up.
Not sure I'm understanding the difference between these two choices.

Should probably ignore the third option, since whoever it is may well be planning on using that door anyway, and it's harder to explain being inside somewhere we shouldn't be than being outside somewhere we shouldn't be.
>> No. 877
[x] Press yourself against the wall, back facing down.

If something's going to try attacking us I want to be able to see the fucker.
>> No. 878
>>876
The corridor you've been following is slowly curving its way downward through the mountain. #1 will keep you hidden from anyone heading up the hall, from the direction you've been going; #2 will keep you hidden from anyone coming down the hall, from behind you, as it were.
>> No. 879
[ ] Press yourself against the wall, back facing down.
[ ] Press yourself against the wall, back facing up.

Quantum Cu Chulainn: No matter which direction they are coming from, we will potentially be in both positions at once, until they come around, at which point we will be in the one most advantageous to us.
>> No. 880
[ze] Try the door anyway.
>> No. 881
>>878
Gotcha. In that case:
[ ] Press yourself against the wall, back facing down
From a common-sense perspective, it's more likely we'll run into someone coming from the opposite direction rather than from behind us.
>> No. 882
>>879
Interesting justification. But no. One option only.
>> No. 883
[x] Press yourself against the wall, back facing down.
>> No. 885
[x] Press yourself against the wall, back facing down
>> No. 887
[X] Press yourself against the wall, back facing down.
We can encounter someone coming from the opposite direction regardless of whether they're walking, running or flying. On the other hand, the person coming from behind us MUST be either running or flying (not walking) to be able to catch up with/overtake us. Since >>874 showed a Tengu flying past us without being detectable, if someone's coming from behind us it seems they must be running (since we're alerted to their presence). And as we've seen, Tengu wouldn't run down corridors when they can fly.

tl;dr: Someone's coming from in front of us.
>> No. 888
Facing down, then. Typing.
>> No. 889
>>887
Hmm, not bad, not bad at all.
Have we become Sherlock Chulainn?
>> No. 890
You flatten yourself against the wall, hoping whoever's coming is on their way up. You hold still, hardly even breathing, keeping your ears turned back. And your eyes facing forward, in case you chose wrong.

Luckily, you didn't. From behind you, down the hall, you hear a groaning intake of breath: someone yawning, massively. "Oooh, man, am I glad that shift's over with..."

"You said it." Two of them. They both sound wiped. Times must be tough all over.

"Think she'll be okay by herself?"

Two wolf tengu float leisurely past your position, dressed in what you now identify as guard uniforms. Their backs are slouched, and their arms are hanging down. "I'm telling you, don't worry about it. She's tough. 'Sides, not like anyone'd actually come this far in for one little girl."

"Ehh, I guess y'right." You see both of them turn into a corridor just down the hall, continuing to chatter between themselves.

Little girl. That must be Shizuha. And they've just been relieved, and only by one guard. From what they said, she can handle herself, though. At least, now you know you're definitely on the right track. You peel yourself off the wall heading into the corridor again. Just a little further...

[ ] Don't lose your head, now. Keep it slow.
[ ] Fuck that noise, you're almost there! Andale, andale!
>> No. 891
[X] Don't lose your head, now. Keep it slow.

As always, Tetro, you are great.
>> No. 892
[ ] Don't lose your head, now. Keep it slow.
>> No. 893
[x] Don't lose your head, now. Keep it slow.

STELTHAN GAEMS
>> No. 894
[x] Don't lose your head, now. Keep it slow.
One guard is manageable (and $10 says it's Momizi). If we're noisy and alert the two that've just left, it turns into a 3-vs-1, which ain't so good. There's not about to be another shift change, so I can't think of any real reason to hurry in.
>> No. 895
Hey Tetro... will there be a Sayo route?
>> No. 896
File 121103168171.png - (5.66KB , 472x218 , KanakoSpriteBlast.png ) [iqdb]
896
[x] Don't lose your head, now. Keep it slow.
If only Kanako were here, we'd have enough firepower to fry the Tengu, save the girl, and be back home in time for tea and crumpers.
>> No. 897
>>895
The thought has crossed my mind. I didn't figure there'd be much demand for a homosexual 10% route, but hey, if I'm wrong, I don't mind working one out. Vox populi, and all that rot.

Speaking of the stupid will of the stupid people, I can't believe you assholes aren't letting me write Cu Chulainn kicking up his heels, waving his sombrero in the air and disappearing in a cloud of dust. Fine, enjoy your slow, boring trip down your long, pointless corridor. Jerks.
>> No. 898
File 121103315194.png - (172.53KB , 640x368 , shirou1.png ) [iqdb]
898
>>897
But he's not wearing a sombrero.
>> No. 899
>>897

Just jam it full of comedy to get anon interested. Maybe have him live with us in the shrine. SITCOM GET
>> No. 900
Just a little further. Don't screw up now. Stick to the plan. You keep heading down the corridor, checking down each branch as you go. Nobody else comes along to panic you. Tengu must be primarily diurnal, like humans. That, or this place is just that freaking huge that the odds of meeting someone are just that tiny. Whatever, good news is good.

Not too long after your close call, a change. The branching corridors now all end short in doors, like the one you hid in. Picking one and cracking it open, you peek through and see a small, empty cell, closed in with bars. Your heart leaps. The detention block! In a moment of careless exuberance, you throw the door open and jump inside. Thankfully, the whole row is empty. Eight cells in all, four on either side, all the same size. Mentally slapping yourself, you shut the door behind you and check the next one across the hall, carefully, cracking the door open just enough to make sure there's no-one standing guard, then entering to check the cells. This cautious pattern you repeat, door after door, about a dozen times, all empty. Have they ever really had this many prisoners?

Finally, heading across the hall to start on a new set, you notice the door is already standing open. Pressing yourself against the hallway wall beside the branch, you take a quick peek around the corner. One tengu, standing in front of a cell in the near wall. This is it! But... taking another quick peek, you recognize the guard. Momizi. That news does little to gladden you, though. She may know who you are, but that doesn't mean she'll be happy to see you here.

[ ] Rush around the corner and attack to incapacitate.
[ ] Stay where you are and wait for an opportunity.
[ ] Walk into the room and greet her.

===

So, I owe >>894 ten bux.
>> No. 902
Ah, geez, all these options look like they could toast us. I don't trust Chulainn's ability to take down a youkai--despite that...interesting strength burst earlier--even if we 'wait for an opportunity'. And I'm not sure what opportunity could even arise. Even if Momizi falls asleep, we probably couldn't get Shizuha out without waking her (tengu senses). ...geh, but there's also no guarantee she'll cooperate if we just walk in and greet her--plus, if Shizuha saw us walking in and acting chummy, it would blow our supposed "cover".

[x] Crack open door, beckon to Momizi
>> No. 904
No way Chulain can take on Momizi. Going with what >>902 said.

[x] Crack open door, beckon to Momizi
>> No. 905
>>902 >>904
Uh, the door's already standing open.
>> No. 906
[x] Crack open door, beckon to Momizi
We can try
>> No. 907
>>900
>a small, empty cell, closed in with bars
My mistake, deleted one of my posts. If we went in and greeted Momizi, it's likely Shizuha would notice us acting chummy because the cells are only closed in with bars. So if we act like pals with Momizi, we'd blow our cover since as the tengu's spy we're supposed to have no relation to the tengu. Not that Shizuha would care, since we're really on her side, but the tengu might wonder how the heck Shizuha wouldn't be suspicious.

...Being a triple agent is a pain.
>> No. 908
[x] Crack open door, beckon to Momizi

Changing to this and hoping for the best.
>> No. 909
>>905
>Finally, heading across the hall to start on a new set, you notice the door is already standing open. Pressing yourself against the hallway wall beside the branch, you take a quick peek around the corner
>you take a quick peek around the corner
Crap, I read too fast.

Think of "crack open the door and beckon" as "peek around the corner and beckon" then. Get Momizi away from the cells so we can talk.
>> No. 910
If Momizi decides to cooperate, our story can be that we lured her away from the cell with a suspicious noise, then knocked her out. If she doesn't cooperate...I guess we can just pretend to give up on saving Shizuha then try and knock her out when we think she isn't giving us her full attention.
>> No. 911
>>909
By that amendment, then, it's a lock. Writing, unless there are any objections.
>> No. 912
[►] Walk into the room and greet her.

long story short: shrine isn't dangerous, etc.
espionage ovar.
>> No. 913
>>911
Write away, build us a WALL, we want a WALL.
>> No. 914
Maybe she won't be overjoyed to see you, but she does know you and your mission. Surely she can be reasoned with. You stick your hand out in front of the open door and beckon urgently, moving it enough that she's sure to notice it. Retracting the appendage, you lean up against the wall and wait. Several moments pass, but you hear nothing from inside, and nobody comes out. You decide to give it another try, but as soon as your arm is extended, a white hand flashes out and grips your wrist.

"I saw your hand the first time," you hear Momizi say as she comes into view. "I saw you peek your head around twice. I smelled you the moment you plastered yourself against this wall. And I heard you open every single door on your way here." Now fully clear of the doorway, she releases your hand, leans her sword against the wall, and stands facing you, knuckles on her hips, staring at you good and hard. "What the hell are you doing here?"

You rub the intercepted wrist with your other hand. Did she have to be so rough with it? "Isn't it obvious? I've come to rescue Shizuha."

"I know. I was on my way out of HQ when I ran into Sayo rushing in. He told me everything." She sighs, closes her eyes and pinches her temple with one hand. "I can't believe I actually thought you were bright. I'm usually a much better judge of character."

This... you didn't prepare for this. "Sayo thought it was a good plan," you mumble lamely.

Momizi sighs again and opens her eyes. "Sayo is a nice guy in a lot of ways, and an exemplary soldier, but he is also thicker than two bricks." She shifts her weight from one leg to the other and shakes her head, letting one arm hang down. "Seriously, do you even know the *meaning* of the word, 'spy'?"

"Well... I..." You stammer and falter, still off your guard. "I'm... my cover isn't blown! If anything, it's even deeper! See, this way, taking what they think is a huge personal risk on their behalf, I gain their trust!"

"I. REALIZE. THIS." She isn't shouting, but her words manage to carry the same effect without the volume. You can't help but cringe. "IT IS. A DUMB. PLAN." She looks up at the ceiling and shakes her fists at it, GRAAAAARGHing in frustration. "What the HELL, Chulainn, WHAT the HELL!? Did you think we were going to behead her at midnight?! If you had ANY sense at ALL in that head of yours, you'd have stayed put, waited until morning, and explained the whole situation in your report, AS INSTRUCTED!! But this, this PLAN, is so, so... AMATEURISH, I can't believe I'm actually going to go along with it!"

What? "What?"

"Yeah, you heard me." She picks up her sword and poses in the doorway as though she were just creeping through it. "I heard a noise outside and came out to investigate. The moment I was in the hallway, someone struck me on the head, knocking me unconcious. That's the story I'll stick to when they ask. Key's in my left sleeve pocket. Now, hurry up and get this over with before I come to my senses, and whatever you do, do NOT thank me, I fell bad enough about this as it is."

[ ] Momi said knock you out.
[ ] Thank her anyway, then bonk her.
[ ] Surely, there's no need for violence here.
>> No. 915
[ ] Thank her anyway, then bonk her.
>> No. 916
[ ] Thank her anyway, then bonk her.
>> No. 917
File 121103988422.jpg - (56.38KB , 1001x761 , 1210803681710.jpg ) [iqdb]
917
[x] Thank her anyway, then bonk her.
>> No. 918
[x] Comment that she's sexy when irritated, then bonk her.
>> No. 919
[ ] Thank her anyway, then bonk her.
[ ] Pat her head and call her a good girl.
>> No. 920
>>919
Awesome
[X] Thank her anyway, then bonk her.
[X] Pat her head and call her a good girl.
>> No. 921
[x] Comment that she's sexy when irritated, then bonk her.

Heh, I get a kick out of this.
>> No. 922
[X] Thank her anyway, then bonk her.

Well, what else were we supposed to expect with a vague comment implying we would've been killed were it not for the shrine appearing?

We never were told how long that would take to happen anyway.
>> No. 923
>"I saw your hand the first time," you hear Momizi say as she comes into view. "I saw you peek your head around twice. I smelled you the moment you plastered yourself against this wall. And I heard you open every single door on your way here." Now fully clear of the doorway, she releases your hand, leans her sword against the wall, and stands facing you, knuckles on her hips, staring at you good and hard. "What the hell are you doing here?"
>Momizi sighs again and opens her eyes. "Sayo is a nice guy in a lot of ways, and an exemplary soldier, but he is also thicker than two bricks."
Haha, wow. My love for Momizi and Sayo are increasing. The amiable and adept, but thick, soldier Sayo and the hax-sense Momizi who's easily flustered by Aya and needs to work on her acting.
>> No. 924
[x] Comment that she's sexy when irritated, then bonk her.
Teehee
>> No. 925
>>923
Needs a Sayo Route. Who needs goddesses and flying wolf and crow girls when you can have Sayo.
>> No. 926
>>922
You were just some schlub human, but her, they had to have figured out where she came from. No way would they have risked antagonizing these people needlessly. And once again, I meant to include a line in Momi's final rant to that effect, but it seems to have fallen through the cracks. Argh.

>>917
Adam Sandler!

Your bonk shall be a bonk of gratitude. Writing.
>> No. 927
>>925

It'll be like trying to hook up with Shirou.

>>926

>Adam Sandler

FUCK YOU NOW I CAN'T UNSEE IT
>> No. 928
Wouldn't it be a bit suspicious if someone like us, who was initially found stumbling around like a moron, is suddenly about to take out one of their best guards without being noticed?
>> No. 929
>>928
We're not actually tricking the tengu. Sayo was reporting to HQ, and told Momizi as well, so they're all in on the plan. Shizuha doesn't know that Momizi's one of their best, so our story isn't totally ridiculous. Plus, the tengu don't know that we told Sanae about how we were lost and wandering on the mountain--so maybe the tengu think the Shriners think Chulainn's a hotshot.

Ah, good ol' triple agenting.
>> No. 930
[X] Thank her anyway, then bonk her.
[X] Pat her head and call her a good girl.
[X] *Squeeze*

C'mon, this chance is golden.
>> No. 931
>>929
>"That's the story I'll stick to when they ask."
Oh wait...maybe HQ didn't approve of our plan, else why would Momizi need a "story"? ...maybe they thought our plan was ALSO very dumb, and vetoed it. But in that case, Momizi should be given instructions to kick us out. She either received these instructions already (and she's disobeying, interestingly), or there's an incoming tengu messenger from HQ that we have to dodge. If the latter, it's odd that she needs a "story". She can simply say she went along with our plan--going along with a dumb plan probably isn't necessarily worse in the eyes of HQ than telling an implausible lie.
>> No. 932
>>929
Fuck, we're going to end up like Captain Tyler at this rate: Little skill, massive luck, and huge amounts of beneficial misinformation about him circulating on the enemy side.
>> No. 933
>>930
>[X] *Squeeze*
And then Chulainn was BAD END'd because he wasn't actually strong enough to KO Momizi and wolf-girl was just faking.
>> No. 934
[x] Thank her anyway, then bonk her.
No patting. This bonk is strictly business.
>> No. 935
>>931
To Momi's eyes, HQ right now is like a tempestuous pond, Sayo and his message are like a boulder being dropped into this pond. The waves and ripples it causes will either make things even worse, or cancel out all the others and return it to stillness. She's covering her bases, either way.

===

"Okay, then." You clasp your hands together into a double fist, and raise it above your head. "Thank you." She manages to sigh again just before the blow lands, knocking her flat. Crouching down, you reach into her left sleeve, finding the pocket sewn into it and the key inside. You look at her peaceful, unconcious face and smile, reaching over to pat her head gently. "You're alright, Momizi. You're alright."

Standing up, you stride over to the cell she was guarding. Inside, sitting on a bunk, is a small girl you presume to be Shizuha Aki. There is a definite resemblance. Her eyes are more yellow than red, but the blond hair is the same, although her bangs fall more naturally than Minoriko's face-framing ones. Two red leaves are stuck in her hair in place of a cap. Her dress seems a very basic red affair, but what you first took to be a tattered skirt upon closer examination is actually cut all around in leaf shapes. The things you've seen people wearing today, kind of makes your black t-shirt and blue jeans feel somehow ridiculous.

She notices you approach and climbs up onto the bunk to put her back against the far wall. "Who are you?"

"Cu Chulainn. I'm a friend," you say as you unlock the cell door. "I've come to take you back to the shrine."

She still looks suspicious. "How do I know...?"

You open the door and pause, thinking how to prove yourself. Aha! "I've come here with Minoriko."

Shizuha's eyes widen. "Minoriko?"

"That's right. She insisted on coming along with me. She's waiting for us at the entrance."

Her face... falls? "Minoriko... is here?"

"Um. Yes?"

She groans loudly and buries her face in her hands. "Ohh, what a disaster. My only hope was that the kappa had captured her, too, but now..." She groans again, shaking her head.

You are once again caught flat-footed. "You, uh, want to stay here, then?"

She sighs and stands up, looking dejected. "No, let's get this over with, I guess."

Ooookay. You take her hand, lead her past the sleeping Momizi, and start running back up the hall you came down. You stuck to it, so there should be no problem finding your way out, just keep going straight. That doesn't solve what you'll do if you run into anyone alo--

Something darts across the hall in front of you, out of one side-hall and into another. You freeze and try to cover Shizuha, but nothing further happens. No, no. Whatever that was, it was too small to be a tengu, even a child. A projectile? That still doesn't sound right... You stalk slowly up to the corridor it entered and look. Standing on the floor a few feet inside is a single, black crow, staring back at you. As you watch, it turns around and hops away from you a few times, then turns back around and cocks its head at you, waiting.

[ ] Follow that bird!
[ ] No. Too easy. Too convenient.
>> No. 936
[ ] Follow that bird!
>> No. 937
File 121104507161.jpg - (98.32KB , 500x693 , f65885275aaef8592e2108edce6d5b2a.jpg ) [iqdb]
937
Should I just give up on the pictures entirely? Seems I can't be bothered to ever remember them, anyway...
>> No. 938
[x] Follow that bird!

CATCH THAT PIGEON!
>> No. 939
[x] Follow that bird!
I...really don't want to know what kind of story Aya will spin out of this whole event, if any.
>> No. 940
>>935

[ ] Follow that bird!

Aya will want her scoop, let's give her what we owe her and maybe she can insure our escape. Or we can collect a promise for later, we do get one request for each article right?
>> No. 941
[x] Follow that bird!

Ayayayaya
>> No. 942
[X] Follow that bird!

Oh ho, why not take a chance?
>> No. 943
[X] Follow that bird!
ONWARDS TO GLORY
>> No. 944
Big Bird is the greatest. Writing.
>> No. 945
[X] Follow that bird!
We get busted, Aya loses her inside man. It's in her best interests to help us out of here.

>>She groans loudly and buries her face in her hands. "Ohh, what a disaster. My only hope was that the kappa had captured her, too, but now..." She groans again, shaking her head.

>>You are once again caught flat-footed. "You, uh, want to stay here, then?"

>>She sighs and stands up, looking dejected. "No, let's get this over with, I guess."
Not quite the heroic rescue that was envisioned. This'll be interesting.
>> No. 946
File 121104604414.jpg - (29.53KB , 319x358 , NERO.jpg ) [iqdb]
946
When I think of crows, I can't help but think of Nrvnqsr.
>> No. 947
>>946

Same with deer, mantis legs, pit mouths, and HOOOAAAAAA! right?
>> No. 948
>>947
No, just crows.
>> No. 949
Brace for TEXT.
>> No. 950
A crow can only mean one thing, here. You wonder if this counts as your favor. "Shizuha, get ready to run." Instead, she pulls her hand free of yours. You turn around to face her, and find yourself actually facing her face. Fuck. Why is it everything here can fly but you? "Fair enough. All right, bird. Lead on."

The crow flaps its wings to gain altitude, then takes off down the corridor, with you and Shizuha in hot pursuit. It stays a manageable distance ahead of you at all times, leading you through the maze of corridors, following a path you can't even guess. As you run, a thought occurs to you. "Shizuha."

"Mm?"

"If Minoriko tries to give you any flack, ask her what she thought about the kappa's examination."

After a brief pause, you can hear the smile in her voice. "Examination?"

"Yeah. Like, medical."

It's even wider, now. "Thanks. I think I will." So, she's feeling better. And her sister will get over it. Probably.

Before you know it, the chase is over, and the crow is flying up the now-familiar hallway towards the exit tunnel. That must've been quite the shortcut it took you on. You slow your pace, panting from all the running. (Or, wait, no you aren't. Huh. Must be in better shape than you thought.) Shizuha lands and falls into step next to you. It's not too long until you reach the end, with Minoriko standing there, arms crossed and looking mighty smug.

"Well, well, well. Look who finally decided to show up. Did they feed you well on Death Row, Shizuha?"

Shizuha just smiles sweetly. "Oh, well enough. I'm sure they weren't half as friendly to me as the kappa were to you, dearest sister."

Minoriko looks like she's been pole-axed. "Kappa?"

"My, yes, they're such CURIOUS creatures, aren't they? They just had to know EVERY LITTLE THING about you, isn't that so?"

Minoriko's face turns an amazing shade of red. All she can manage to do for a full minute is sputter. Finally, "Y-Y-YOU SHUT YOUR DIRTY MOUTH, YOU USELESS CLOD! Why Chulainn would bother sticking his neck out to save you is beyond me, you'll just be captured again by sunrise!"

Shizuha stamps one foot and takes a fighting stance. "OH, YEAH!? WELL, YOU JUST..."

"All right, you two, break it up. Save it until we're really home free." You step in between the two of them, arms extended to catch either one should they decide to charge. Ah, the ties that bind.

Both of them stand down gradually, realizing that you're right. "Okay. So, which one of us carries him up."

"Not it!"

"Don't bother." You check up the tunnel. Open sky. One more try. Backing up, you take another running start, and...

Push, catch, push, catch, push, catch, push, catch, push, catch, push... land! Hah! You knew you had that right! Turning around, you see Minoriko and Shizuha flying up through the tunnel after you; Shizuha's eyes are espeically wide. All clear! Squatting down, you heft the cover back into place. Seems lighter, this time.

As you stand up, Shizuha actually begins clapping, laughing happily. "Wow! Just wow! That was sooo cool!" Minoriko settles for a small smile, but claps along with her sister. Obliging your audience, you bow extravagantly, working a flourish into every movement.

"Well, then, madames, shall we retire to home?" Still grinning, Shizuha turns and starts flying towards the shrine. Minoriko lingers, her smile vanishing - no, wait, there it is, clinging to one corner of her mouth - as she looks you up and down. Only then does she move to follow her sister. Did you really impress her that much? She's really too young for you (deeper than appearances, too), but you're not above feeling a little flattered as you trudge up the stairs. You crest the slope just in time to see Minoriko pass through the front door. As you cross the grounds, weariness seeps into you with every step. By the time you reach the door yourself, it's a struggle to keep your eyes open.

Hina is standing in the foyer, smiling at you. As your auto-pilot slips the shoes from your feet, she bows low. "On behalf of all, I give you our deepest thanks for the service you have rendered in returning our lost member to us." She straightens again, still smiling, and spreads one arm to indicate the right-hand hallway. "The last room on the left has been prepared for you."

You're just too damned dog-tired to respond in any way. Surely she understands. You stumble down the hall and open the door. Maybe there's more in here, but right now, all you can see is the futon. Somehow managing to strip out of your clothes, you collapse onto it and fall into a deep, restful sleep.

===

END OF DAY 1! CONGRATULATIONS!

Chulainn's not the only one prepared to fall into a bed. I'm skipping proofreading entirely just to get this out of the way, hopefully I didn't screw anything up too badly.

G'night, folks~
>> No. 951
G'night tetro.

Also, FUCK YEAH WALLKICKS!
>> No. 952
Great work.
Good Night, you fucking earned it allright.
>> No. 953
>>She's really too young for you

wat
>> No. 954
FUCK YEAH, WALL AND WALL-JUMP.

Great work, Tetro. Hope ya sleep well.
>> No. 955
Fucking awesome. Sleep well.
>> No. 956
It's hard to understate my satisfaction.

Job great, well sleep.
>> No. 957
Wall-jumping and incoming loli goddess sexings

YES
>> No. 958
>madames
It's "mesdames".
>> No. 959
I wonder if Cu Chulainn's improving abilities are due to Hina's curse removal, or Sanae's miracle powers...

Or, better, still, if the latter are unconsciously shaping us into the hero himself.
>> No. 960
/eientei/'s Shirou vs /youkai/'s Cu Chulainn GO GO GO
>> No. 961
>>960
I don't think Shirou's hot-gluing powers are on-par with Cu's jumping prowess.
>> No. 962
OMEDETOU
>> No. 963
>>959
I'm betting Hina has given him temporary bad luck drain = luck boost.

But he does seem to have natural powers
>> No. 964
Agility: A+
Walljumping is just one of the features, I hope.
>> No. 965
>>937
>Should I just give up on the pictures entirely?

No, they help. I'm not too familiar with these characters.
>> No. 966
We need an encounter with Sayo sometime wearing something extremely tight over his ass.

FEELS LIKE I'M WEARING NOTHING AT ALL
>> No. 967
>>966

No way. I want my Sanae route.
>> No. 968
>>966
Sayo != Sunohara

No Sayo route, please. Though his name is cool.
>> No. 969
Theory/guess: Chulainn introduced himself as a hero, and his daring, help-everyone attitude - and now this rescue - is reinforcing the image.

Others are beginning to believe that he IS a hero, and in Gensokyo, belief is everything. Chulainn is accumulating Faith points, and it's making him more than merely human.
>> No. 970
>>969

Gaining the faith of gods and miracle-workers should be pretty potent then.
>> No. 971
>>970
And youkai. Don't forget that.
>> No. 972
Tetro went to get food, he'll be here soon.
>> No. 973
File 121108200567.png - (29.39KB , 336x336 , awesome.png ) [iqdb]
973
>>968
>Though his name is cool
>> No. 974
>>969
I
you
wait.
holy shit.
Gah.

THIS. I WAS THINKING EXACTLY FUCKING THIS. I JUST NEVER SAID ANYTHING.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD.
>> No. 975
>>974
Welcome to the Hivemind.

One of us.

One of us.

One of us...
>> No. 976
>>975
Welcome to the Jungle is now playing in your head. Manually.
>> No. 977
>>972
Mmmm, that was good soup.

No marathon session tonight, but I'll take it through a short interlude and dip into Day 2 before cutting off. Look to the east.
>> No. 978
File 121108602238.png - (11.42KB , 400x400 , 1196350891942.png ) [iqdb]
978
It's dark. Dark all around you. But your feet are on the ground, and you feel you actually are SOMEwhere. You try to move, but cannot. You can turn your eyes, you can move your head just enough to look slightly up or down, but your arms and legs are effectively immobilized. They respond to your commands, but the air around you is so heavy, taking a single step or raising one arm would require too much effort to be worth it. So, all you can do is wait.

The appearance of light from some unseen source, or just your eyes getting used to the darkness, widens your view very slightly. You are standing at the edge of a body of water, the surface very still. Reeds poke up from the bed on either side of you. You realize you've been hearing something for some time now: the croaking of a great many frogs, coming from somewhere in the darkness. Your vision now extends a short distance across the surface of the water; as you watch, three large lily pads rise from the bottom to the top in a row, like stepping stones, directly in front of you. Even if you could move, there's no way they would support your weight, despite their size. Someone, something, must be coming. Perhaps you've been summoned to an audience with the Emperor of Bullfrogs. Your face manages a small, tight smile.

A small, humanoid figure leaps into sight, touching down lightly on the furthest pad. Before you can focus on it, it has already moved again, a high leapt towards the second. Again, it jumps, lower, more straightforward motion, landing at last on the nearest pad and remaining still just long enough for you to take stock of her. A young girl, very young, with blond hair cut at the neck and sideburns to match, each tied with red thread. Her dress is short, simple, and blue, decorated with two frogs, one on the lower-right side of the blouse, and the other on the left leg of the skirt. Large white sleeves are sewn onto the top, but are clearly not a part of the original. White stockings run up her legs, not quite reaching under her skirt, leaving a gap of thigh visible. Strangest for last, atop her head is a high, brimmed straw hat with eyes affixed to the top on opposite sides. You have to keep telling yourself they're fake. They've got to be fake.

She squats oddly on the pad two instants after landing, her legs spread, feet facing forward, her arms reaching down between her legs. From this position, she looks up at you smiling, and says... something. Sounded like "kero". Or was it "hello"? She pauses for a reply either way. You force your jaw open, feeling you are able to speak, but not more than a couple of words at a time.

[ ] "Kero."
[ ] "Hello."
[ ] "Where am I?"
>> No. 979
[ ] "Hello."
>> No. 980
[X] "Hello."
Awesome, Tetro back in action.
>> No. 981
>>978
Suwako time, fuck yes, i thought she would appear later.
>> No. 982
[x] "Hello."
Now WE'RE the ones that are imprisoned? That doesn't look good at all.
>> No. 983
[x] "Hello."
>> No. 984
[ ] "Kero."
[ ] "Hello."
>> No. 985
Basic greeting. Writing.
>> No. 987
>>982
We are sleepwalking probably, but that's not a bad thing.
>> No. 988
[ ] "Hello."
>> No. 989
Kero? Must be all these frogs messing with you. You loosen your tongue and form a greeting in your throat. "Hello."

She says nothing more, still smiling up at you. Then, she rises and hovers across the short stretch of water between you, circling you slowly with an appraising stare. You follow her with your eyes as long as you can, then turn them in the opposite direction as you feel her pass behind you and watch her complete the circuit, stopping in the air a step away, your eyes level with each other's.

"I hope you don't mind me bringing you here like this. I just wanted a chance to meet you." Her smile changes in a way you can't place. It's not sadder, it's... hm. "She's very lonely, you know. Without you here, it would have been even worse, but still... take good care of her."

[ ] "I promise."
[ ] "Of who?"
[ ] "Who are you?"
>> No. 990
>>989

[x] "Are you talking about Sanae?"
[ ] "Who are you?"
>> No. 991
[ ] "I promise."

sanae, dur.
>> No. 992
[x] "I promise."
Fuck yeah, our first Geis. Can't wait to see how this comes crashing down on Cu Chulainn.
>> No. 993
[ ] "I promise."
>> No. 994
>>992
Geas. Not Geis.
>> No. 995
[X] "I promise."
Sanae would be too obvious, but it's Sanaes route after all.
WHERE IS KANAKO?
>> No. 996
[X] "I promise."

That's right, make the promise.
>> No. 998
I'm writing. Promise.
>> No. 999
[ ] "I promise."

Cu Chulainn making promises. What could go wrong?
>> No. 1000
>>999
Everything.
>> No. 1001
[ ] "Of who?"

As the visual novel protagonist, it's our duty to be rather thick.
>> No. 1003
File 12110893043.jpg - (696.05KB , 1200x950 , 1203035190999.jpg ) [iqdb]
1003
The heavy air seems to be weighing down your mind, as well. The wheels turn slowly as you try to think who she might mean, but then you realize it doesn't matter. You understand her meaning completely. There is only one answer.

"I promise."

That undefineable trace vanishes from her smile like early morning fog before the rising sun. She reaches up and takes her hat by the brim with one hand, removing it as she drifts closer to you. Dangerously close. "I knew I could count on you," she murmurs, pushing your mouth closed with her free hand, and...

...closing her eyes...

...leaning forward...

...the scent of her fills your nostrils...

...turning her head left-to-right, her lips just barely brush against yours...

...you seem to have forgotten how to breathe...

...right-to-left, the action is repeated...

...the frogs are silent, there is not a sound in the world...

...she turns her head back a final time, stopping halfway through, pushing your lips together so, so gently...

...and breaking off, floating backwards slowly, her smile once again enigmatic, but in a different way from before. Appearances can truly be deceiving, here. As young as she looks, she knows exactly what she's doing. You think that may have been the single most arousing experience of your entire life.

"You're doing very well, so far. Keep it up."

[ ] "Thank you."
[ ] "Good-bye."
[ ] "I love you."
>> No. 1004
[X] "Thank you."

Ye gods, I love Suwako more every time I see her. Delicious sensual frog goddess and her delicious zettai ryouiki are delicious.
>> No. 1005
[X] "Thank you."
>> No. 1006
[ ] "Thank you."
>> No. 1007
[ ] "Thank you."
[ ] "Good-bye."
>> No. 1008
[ ] "Thank you."
>> No. 1009
[ ] "Thank you."
>> No. 1010
--gk.

Okay, we promised to take care of her. That's easy enough, relatively. I mean, she didn't ask for us to be her lover or anything like that.

So really, there's no conflict here. Really. Really really. Really really really.

...gk.
>> No. 1011
>>1010
You want a lover? You want a friend? Baby, I can be both of them.

Anyway. Writing.
>> No. 1012
[x] Thank you.

Kero.
>> No. 1013
"Thank you."

She continues smiling as she recedes into the darkness, forgoing the pads, sailing easily through the air. Placing her hat back on her head with one hand, she raises the other in a gesture of farewell. As soon as she is out of sight, the light dims, and your eyes grow heavy...

---

You open your eyes, only to close them again almost immediately, a reflex that comes along with yawning so wide. Simultaneously, you stretch out your every muscle to its fullest, raising yourself from the ground slightly on extended, stiffened limbs and arching back. Relaxing again, you collapse back down and reopen your eyes. White ceiling, with a round, electric light fixture set in the center, chain hanging down. Not much to see there, so you sit up and take a look around.

The room is small, two and a half tatami mats arranged into a square. It is also plain, no decorations of any kind. A never-used guest room, or a hastily reassigned storage area, probably a little of both. The futon you've been sleeping in is laid along the far mat, near the wall. The door is on the right side of the opposite wall, your pack has been set against the wall to the left. The clothes you were wearing yesterday lay exactly where you discarded them in the middle of the room. The wall nearest you has a shuttered window, sunlight streaming through it to illuminate the room. You've slept rather late, perhaps. The shutters rattle slightly, irregular but persistent. A steady breeze, perhaps.

Taking a more personal account, you're hungry. Famished. You're also hard as a rock. You look down and stare at the pup tent in your boxers. This isn't just morning wood, you're really ready to go. Hey, weren't you dreaming just before you woke up. You cast your mind back, trying to remember who it could have been about to get you so worked up, but all you can recall of it now is the croaking of frogs.

...

Okay, that is just bizarre. You've been through some weird, weird stuff these past 24 hours, and you like to think you've adapted and handled it all rather well, but getting turned on by a dream about frogs? What the fuck, man.

Your manhood throbs insistently. Your stomach complains noisily. That tapping just won't quit.

[ ] Check the window.
[ ] Get some food.
[ ] Relieve this pressure.
>> No. 1014
[ ] Check the window.
>> No. 1015
>>1013
Forgot to mention: multi-voting is suspended. Time for a little prioritizing, Anon.
>> No. 1016
[ ] Check the window.
[ ] Relieve this pressure.

At the same time.
>> No. 1017
[X] Relieve this pressure.

Yeah, maybe we shouldn't go out there with a giant goddamn erection.

Or maybe we should. If nothing else has impressed Minoriko so far, this ought to.
>> No. 1018
>>1017

Goddess blessed erection, technically.
>> No. 1019
[ ] Relieve this pressure.
>> No. 1020
[ ] Check the window.
>> No. 1021
>>1017

I'll bet Sanae or someone else is going to walk in as we fap.
>> No. 1023
[z] Check the window.
>> No. 1024
[x] Check the window.
Don't want to see someone peeking in on me while I'm fappan'
Or DO I?
>> No. 1025
[X] Relieve this pressure.

Yeah, I wouldn't go out there with a raging goddamn erection.
>> No. 1026
[x] Check the window.

Better make sure that Aya's getting a free show.
>> No. 1027
[X] Relieve this pressure.

Not like anyone else will do it for us.

Yet.
>> No. 1028
Fapping just barely loses to the window. Writing.
>> No. 1030
[x] Check the window.
[x] Inventory.
>> No. 1031
Cu Chulainn waited. The danmaku above him sparked in the air. There were tengu in the shrine. He didn't see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Sanae were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
Cu Chulainn was an legendary hero for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the danmaku and he said to dad "I want to shoot danmaku daddy."
Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY TENGU"
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the shrine of moriya he knew there were tengu.
"This is Sanae" the radio crackered. "You must fight the tengu!"
So Cu Chulainn gotted his gay bulge spear and blew up the mountain.
"HE GOING TO KILL US" said the tengu
"I will shoot at him" said momizi and she fired the danmaku. Cu Chulainn speared at her and tried to stab her up. But then the rocks fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
"No! I must kill the tengu" he shouted
The radio said "No, Cu Chulainn. You are the tengu"
And then Cu Chulainn was a tengu.
>> No. 1032
We need to find Cu Chulainn a spear at some point.
>> No. 1033
>>1031
GOD DAMN IT FUCKERS QUIT SPOILING MY STORY
>> No. 1035
[X] Relieve this pressure.

We already have our spear, and we're about to wield it quite proficiently
>> No. 1036
Food'll still be there whenever. You can jack off anytime you can get alone. But that tapping's starting to get on your nerves. Standing up, you open the shutters. There is no glass window, just an opening in the wall, and a wide sill. Seems odd for a second, then you recall, larger shutters on the outside can be closed during winter or inclement weather. But never mind. On the sill is what appears to be a folded newspaper, tied with string. On top of the paper is a small black crow, peering up at you. The source of the tapping, you deduce.

"Caw!" The crow offers this by way of greeting and hops back off the paper, revealing a note tied under the string.

"And good morning to you, Mr. Crow." You offer salutations in kind as you slide the string off one end and pick up the note.

"Caw!"

"Oh, I beg your pardon, MS. Crow." Chucking at your own joke, you read the note, written in a tight, even script:

'Last night was just a down payment.
I always take good care of my employees.

But I expect some work in return!
This paper has been expressly delivered.
You should be able to solve this!'

Looks like there's some more on the back:

'I don't expect any state secrets,
but I'm willing to be surprised!'

Below it all, in contrast to the rest of the writing, a large, flourishing signature:

SHAMEIMARU /

You chuckle and shake your head. Aya, you are truly one-of-a-kind.

"Caw!"

The crow hops in place, staring at you.

[ ] Time to earn your keep.
[ ] Shoo it away.
[ ] Check the headlines, first.

(In case of #1, specify a level of disclosure:

[ ] The barest minimum. Just their names.
[ ] Basic facts. Names, descriptions, titles (where applicable).
[ ] Make it interesting. Include a few personality traits.
[ ] THE WORKS.)
>> No. 1038
[ ] Time to earn your keep.
[ ] Make it interesting. Include a few personality traits.
>> No. 1039
[z] Time to earn your keep.
[z] Make it interesting. Include a few personality traits.
>> No. 1040
[x] Time to earn your keep.
[x] Make it interesting. Include a few personality traits.

Meh, why not?
>> No. 1041
[X] Time to earn your keep.
[X] Basic facts. Names, descriptions, titles (where applicable).

No need to disclose too much just yet.
>> No. 1042
[ ] Time to earn your keep.
[ ] Make it interesting. Include a few personality traits.

Not too much though.




SHAMEIMARU
>> No. 1043
[ ] Make it interesting. Include a few personality traits.
>> No. 1044
[O] Time to earn your keep.
[O] Make it interesting. Include a few personality traits.
>> No. 1045
[ ] Time to earn your keep.
[ ] Make it interesting. Include a few personality traits.

Winners. Writing.
>> No. 1046
[ ] Time to earn your keep.
[ ] Make it interesting. Include a few personality traits.
>> No. 1047
Emphasis on "few" personality traits, plz.

Keep the hook baited, and Aya'll stay on our side.
>> No. 1048
Setting the note down, you lean both arms on the sill. "All right, Ms. Crow, prepare to take notes." The crow pecks at an itch beneath its wing and turns back.

You start off easy, naming everyone you've met so far, identifying their purposes in the shrine and elsewhere. You give as detailed a physical description for each as you can, then decide to spice things up a bit and include some of what you've deduced of their personalities. You mention the fifth goddess, but stress that you have no details on her yet. Through it all, the crow remains silent, blinking at you.

Finally, you pause and try to think of anything else to add, but nothing comes to mind. "I guess that's all for today, Ms. Crow. Did you get all that? Hop twice for 'yes'."

Hop. Hop. "Caw!"

"Good job. Wish I had some seed or something, but I guess that'll have to do."

"Caw! Caw!" Ms. Crow flaps her wings and flies up out of sight. Once she's gone, you turn to the newspaper and unfold it to read the front page. "Bunbunmaru News". Aha, so that's what she meant. The name of her paper. A minor question resolved, you turn to the headline:

'MIDNIGHT MOUNTAIN RAID!!!'
'Captured Shrine Resident Rescued
In Daring One-Man Mission!!'

Accompanying these large-type lines is a photograph of the cell where Shizuha was being kept (you guess, they all looked the same), the door hanging open, two wolf tengu sprawled across the floor in front of it.

...wait, what? Where'd those guys come from? You move on to the main article, your heart creeping up into your throat with every word. You don't remember forcing a passing reporter tengu to show you the way to Shizuha's cell. You don't remember single-handedly besting a half-dozen of Home's finest warriors in a close-quarters brawl in the detention block. And you sure as hell don't remember vanishing as quickly and mysteriously as you'd come once you'd attained your prize.

You set the paper down and try to control your breathing. What the hell have you gotten yourself into with her? This is just base, unfettered sensationalism. You read the article again, slowly, judging carefully. Only then do you notice the subtext. It looks like haphazard, ass-pull journalism, but in reality, every word is carefully chosen. The entire theme of the piece, especially when tempered by the prominent "Frame of Mind" editorial along one side, is more one of "this was an act of retaliation, we are as much to blame, wait and see". You sigh in relief, mentally saluting her mastery of the craft. Truly, a singular personality.

You take a moment to gaze out the window. The sun is bright, but it looks like it just got up, too. The sky is a clear blue, a handful of harmless white clouds rolling across it. You take a deep, refreshing breath of the fresh air. Cool and crisp, but not cold. A picture perfect day in early fall.

[ ] Check out the rest of the paper.
[ ] Break your fast.
[ ] Explore the rest of the house.

===

That's it for tonight. I might stick around, catch up on the other stories, but I'm taking a break from writan for a few hours, at least.
>> No. 1049
[ ] Time to earn your keep.
[ ] Make it interesting. Include a few personality traits.

Yeah, stressing the "few", though. Really few.
>> No. 1051
[X] Explore the rest of the house.
Time for some exploring, a hero needs some food, after all ChuChu beat up dozens of tengus last night.
>> No. 1052
[X] Break your fast.
[X] Take the paper with you to read.

Breakfast and the morning paper. That's how you start the day. I wonder if this shrine has any coffee.
>> No. 1053
[ ] Check out the rest of the paper.

G'night
>> No. 1054
>You don't remember forcing a passing reporter tengu to show you the way to Shizuha's cell. You don't remember single-handedly besting a half-dozen of Home's finest warriors in a close-quarters brawl in the detention block. And you sure as hell don't remember vanishing as quickly and mysteriously as you'd come once you'd attained your prize.

And so the legend of Cu Chulainn begins again.

[x] Break your fast.
[x] Take the paper with you to read.
>> No. 1056
[X] Break your fast.
[X] Take the paper with you to read.
A fine way to start the day.
>> No. 1057
[z] Break your fast.
[z] Take the paper with you to read.
>> No. 1059
[X] Check out the rest of the paper.

Learn about the rest of the world, LIES, etc.
>> No. 1060
[X] Break your fast.
[X] Take the paper with you to read.

Aya respect points + 10
>> No. 1061
File 121110739972.png - (2.15KB , 145x100 , Ultros.png ) [iqdb]
1061
>And so the legend of Cu Chulainn begins again.

Darn right it is! It's all about belief. After all, this IS the Mountain of Faith.
>> No. 1062
>>1061
Goddammit Ultros.
>> No. 1063
[x] Get completely shitfaced right out of bed like a true Irish hero.

Hitting on the women and going out to beat up Sayo optional. Or if you want, hit on Sayo and beat up the women.
>> No. 1064
[x] Break your fast.

Neeed fooood.
>> No. 1065
[X] Break your fast.
[X] Take the paper with you to read.

I wonder what the rest of the household thinks about this.
>> No. 1066
[x] BREAK YOUR FAST

WITH TOAST AND JAM
WHEN YOU SEE THE BLACK CROW
>> No. 1067
[X] Break your fast.
[X] Take the paper with you to read.

I'm liking this Aya already
>> No. 1068
[X] Break your fast.
[X] Take the paper with you to read.
>> No. 1070
>>1066
I lol'd.

Anyway.
{X] Break your fast
[X] Take the paper with you
[X] Have an excuse ready for why you have said paper
>> No. 1071
>>1070
>[X] Have an excuse ready for why you have said paper

"It was for free."
>> No. 1072
>>1070
>>1071
No worries...Sanae already knows about our deal with Aya, and the goddesses know that we're a good guy. It's the tengu and Aya who we have to keep secrets from, since they don't know we spilled the beans the moment we arrived at the shrine.
>> No. 1074
Hungry. Time to eat. But first, better make yourself a little more presentable. Walking around in nothing but a pair of boxers probably wouldn't be the wisest thing to do in a house full of women. (At least your boner has faded over time. THAT would have been bad.) The clothes you wore yesterday are filthy with dirt, dust and sweat, so you open up your pack and reach in to dig out another set. Thinking twice, you sit cross-legged on the floor and take an accounting of everything you've brought with you into this new world:

* Clothing: three plain t-shirts, two pairs of jeans, five pairs of socks and three boxer shorts
(Tally includes what you wore yesterday. Extreme temperatures of either degree have never bothered you much, so this basic outfit is all you've needed. Had to buy a coat, once, caught up north in winter, but pawned it soon after.)

* Cell phone
(As basic a one as the salesman would allow you to buy. Some of the features the Japanese cram into these things just fly right over your head, all you wanted was a phone. You're pretty sure that salesman snuck at least internet access on you, anyway, probably a few other things. Not like it matters now: you check for good measure, but no service.)

* Swiss Army knife
(You never know.)

* Flashlight
(Hardly used before last night. Still running on the batteries it came with, probably good for a long while.)

* One pack of cigarettes, crushed
(Damn. No survivors. Must've happened that first time you tried jumping up the tunnel and landed on your back. Probably for the best if you quit, anyway.)

* Travel toiletries kit
(Safety razor, toothbrush, tiny bottles of shaving cream and toothpaste, you get the idea.)

* Money: 5000 and 2000 yen bills, assorted change, total probably around 10k yen
(There's a thought. What do they use for money around here? If outsiders dropping through are not so unheard of, there's bound to be someplace you can get this exchanged, at least.)

* Notepad, maps of various prefectures
(Artifacts left behind by that book you were planning. The notepad is a quarter full, the maps are scribbled with notes of places you've been or were planning to visit. No point in dwelling on it, now, you suppose.)

* Handkerchief
(Might have needed to find this a minute ago.)

Looks like that's about it. You pack it all back in for now, get dressed and open the door. As an afterthought, you step back in and pick up the freshly delivered paper before heading out to the table.

===

Meant to include this as an option before, didn't, so here it is as a freebie. Breakfast to follow, then that's probably going to be it. Sorry.
>> No. 1075
>* One pack of cigarettes, crushed

Fuck.
>> No. 1076
>>1074
You forgot
*Weapon: Gae Bolge, favored weapon of CUCHULAINN THE CELTIC LEGEND
>> No. 1077
File 12111677526.jpg - (82.37KB , 474x656 , lancershocked.jpg ) [iqdb]
1077
>* One pack of cigarettes, crushed
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>> No. 1078
>>1076

He mentioned our boner already.
>> No. 1079
File 121116818232.jpg - (166.64KB , 623x800 , d610ed7ff9bcdece0e9671cf3c6dd423.jpg ) [iqdb]
1079
You head down the hall and into the combination living room/dining area. Hina is sitting at one end, sipping from a cup, probably tea. On the other, a bowl of rice topped with furikake, a smaller bowl of miso, another cup of probably tea: all-in-all, a basic frugal breakfast. A few wisps of steam still come up from the rice, so it's been there a little while, but not a long time.

Hina sets down her cup and smiles at you. "Good morning, Master Chulainn."

Master? That's a bit much, isn't it? "Morning, Hina. Are we the only ones up yet?" You sit down in front of the food, and pause. "This is mine, right?"

She nods, still smiling. You waste no time digging in as she continues to speak. "Shizuha and Minoriko are still asleep. The events of yesterday were doubtless an unprecedented trial for them both. Sanae rose not long ago and prepared the food you are now quite clearly enjoying. She is currently attending to her daily obligations, and it would be best if you did not seek her out at once." She sips at her tea again, and you take a drink from your own cup - yep, more tea - to wash down what you've swallowed.

[ ] Ask what she means by "daily obligations".
[ ] Ask if she slept well
[ ] Ask her about the fifth goddess
[ ] Thank her for what she did for you last night
[ ] Say nothing, just eat

===

Multi-voting enabled, but no more than two. Write-ins always welcome. More updates in 8 hours or so.
>> No. 1080
[x] Ask her about the fifth goddess
[x] Thank her for what she did for you last night

"Suwako just gave me the hugest boner. What's up with that?"
>> No. 1081
[ ] Ask what she means by "daily obligations".
[ ] Ask if she slept well
>> No. 1082
[ ] Ask if she slept well
[ ] Ask her about the fifth goddess
>> No. 1083
[x] Ask her about the fifth goddess
[x] Thank her for what she did for you last night
>> No. 1084
[X] Ask if she slept well.
[X] Thank her for what she did for you last night.

Love Hina. Give her some attention.
>> No. 1085
[x] Ask her about the fifth goddess
[x] Thank her for what she did for you last night
>> No. 1086
[x] Ask if she slept well
[x] Thank her for what she did for you last night
>> No. 1087
[X] Ask if she slept well
[X] Thank her for what she did for you last night

I know we're going for Sanae, but I want to give Hina some attention too. I.. I can't resist her delicious thighs.
>> No. 1088
[ ] Ask if she slept well
[ ] Ask what's up with the "Master" jazz.
>> No. 1089
[x] Ask her about the fifth goddess
[x] Thank her for what she did for you last night
"Who was that girl? She looked like some sort of evil ambassador."
>> No. 1090
[ ] Ask if she slept well
[ ] Thank her for what she did for you last night
>> No. 1091
[x] Thank her for what she did for you last night
[x] "Master?"
>> No. 1092
[ ] Ask if she slept well
[ ] Thank her for what she did for you last night
>> No. 1093
[X] Ask if she slept well
[X] Thank her for what she did for you last night
>> No. 1094
[ ] Ask if she slept well
[ ] Thank her for what she did for you last night
>> No. 1095
[x] Ask her about the fifth goddess
[x] Thank her for what she did for you last night
>> No. 1096
>>Money: 5000 and 2000 yen bills, assorted change, total probably around 10k yen


Should be handy at Hakurei shrine. 10000 yen MIKO.
>> No. 1097
>>1096
Yeah, when we finally have our confrontation with her, we'll throw it in order to give us an opening, and then TWINKIE HOUSE her into a game over.
>> No. 1098
>>1096
Feh, the Hakurei shrine is a thing of the past.
Moriya shrine is where it's at.
>> No. 1099
>>1096
We don't talk about that other shrine in these parts...
>> No. 1100
File 121117371894.png - (17.43KB , 450x450 , 0f4bae0831fa19629f7e9fd6d73750e0.png ) [iqdb]
1100
>>1098
Moriya shrine has gods. And disco.
>> No. 1101
[X] Ask if she slept well.
[X] Thank her for what she did for you last night.
Hina route do want.
>> No. 1102
[x] Ask her about the fifth goddess
[x] Thank her for what she did for you last night

Let us learn more about the goddess who turned us on
>> No. 1103
>>1101
You know there's only Sanae route for the first playthrough, right?
>> No. 1104
>>1103
Of course, but i still want a Hina Route. Let a man dream a bit.
>> No. 1105
>>1103

I think most are seeing if a (And company) route is possible
>> No. 1106
>>1104

We'll probably get our dick snapped off we tried to fuck Hina. Or worse.
>> No. 1107
>>1106
I'd let Hina drain my misfortune.
>> No. 1108
>>1106

Nah, She's not that dangerous.
But you know those stories of a guy boning a chick, pulling out, and ending up popping himself right in the eyes?

Yeah.
>> No. 1109
>>1108
How the fuck do you manage to do that?
>> No. 1110
>>1103

I still want my Momizi route anyway.

Let a girl dream a bit, will ya?
>> No. 1111
>>1108

Depends on how curved your dick is. If it has a decent upward curve to it while erect, it could happen.
>> No. 1112
>>1108
Now you spoiled the Hina route, thanks faggot.
>> No. 1113
>>1112

There's tons of ways our luck could go bad
That can't be the only one.
>> No. 1114
[x] Ask her about the fifth goddess
[x] Thank her for what she did for you last night
>>1102
Fifth goddess is Kanako. If you want to learn about the 6th goddess (Suwako), Kanako's basically the only one you can talk to about her.
>> No. 1115
Don't worry. I have routes planned for each character (haven't made a final decision on Sayo yet), plus a couple of advanced courses. Mind you, they won't ALL be available after this first playthrough, but things will definitely open up.

And no, reaching Hina's GOOD END will not result in her misfortune mojo snapping your dick off. In fact, she'll... oops! Uh, nothing, nothing, I wasn't saying anything! I'm not even here! 'Bye!
>> No. 1116
>>1115

Cocktease
>> No. 1117
>>1108
This is a risk I am fully prepared to take, if it means hearing Hina talking highly proper while in the sack.

On that note, her refined mode of speech is likely why she called Cu Chulainn "Master"; my grandmother always used to put "Master" in front of my name in the address of postcards.
>> No. 1118
[X] Ask if she slept well
[X] Ask her about the fifth goddess
[X] Thank her for what she did for you last night
Not in any particular order, but all three of these at least.
>> No. 1119
>>1118
>>Multi-voting enabled, but no more than two.
>> No. 1120
>>1117
Isn't it an old way of referring to the "man of the house"?
>> No. 1121
[ ] Ask what she means by "daily obligations".
[X] Ask her about the fifth goddess
>> No. 1122
>>1120

It referrers to a son of the man of the house. I remember seeing it on prescription medicine of mine when I was a kid.
>> No. 1123
>>1122
Power to the children
>> No. 1124
>>1117
Anon is correct, it's just Hina being Hina. No hidden meanings or plot foreshadowing or anything, honest.

>>1116
Speak of foreshadowing, next chance I give you to fap, you may want to take it. Or you may not. Depending on how things play out these last couple of days, the point may even be moot...

Look at me, still talking when there's writing to do. When I think ahead, it makes me glad I'm not you.
>> No. 1125
>>1124
Gah, curse you and your cryptic cockteasting. Seriously though, the story and writing's been great so far. Just make sure you don't accidentally give something away while taunting us.
>> No. 1126
>>1124

I would have fapped even without you asking.
>> No. 1127
>>1115
>Don't worry. I have routes planned for each character (haven't made a final decision on Sayo yet)

FUCK YES SAYO! Has to be the most awesome Side Character ever created on this board.
His route could be something like the Sunohara Route.
>> No. 1128
>>1124
So either we save it for a special occasion and it gets us in trouble with constant inappropriate boners

OR

We do fap and don't have a decent load ready for Sanae when the time comes.
>> No. 1129
>>1125
Don't worry, I'm being careful. Sanae is a Saiyan.

>>1126
Touche.

>>1127
Sunowho? I don't actually play many VNs.

>>1128
Don't worry about that. You're a virile young buck, you can spare a wad or two.

...damn, coulda sworn there was something else I was gonna say here. What was it, again... aah! Story! Post! Right! Um, here!

===

"By the way," you say once your throat is clear, "I wanted to thank you for what you did for me last night."

Hina tilts her head to one side. "What I did?"

"Just before I left. You put your hand on my head and wished me luck. But you didn't just wish me luck, did you? You actually made me luckier by absorbing some of my misfortune. Am I right?"

A hint of color appears on her cheeks as she bows her head, eyes closed and smile modestly lessened. "Do you believe it was of any aid to you in your endeavour?"

Setting your cup and bowl down for a moment, you straighten your back and speak with absolute sincerity. "I don't think I'm exaggerating to say it was vital."

The color deepens, and she lowers her head even further. "Then, to know I played some part in the reunion of two dear friends is all the gratitude I require." She glances up at you for a split second, and then back down, her smile widening again. "My usual habit is to extract misfortune in smaller increments, and on a larger scale. To extract such a substantial amount from a single person, I must confess, was quite tiring... oh!" She snaps her head up, smile displaced by a look of concern. "I, I do not mean to imply that you are an especially unfortunate person, merely that..."

You grin and wave her concerns away with one hand as you pick up your half-empty rice bowl with the other. "Don't worry about it, Hina, I caught your meaning okay." She smiles again and returns her gaze to the hands folded in her lap. To keep the conversation going, you toss out another question before filling your face. "So, did you sleep well?"

She nods. "Quite soundly, yes. I thank you for your concern."

Chew, chew, swallow, gulp. "Uh, if you don't mind a possibly personal question, do you actually sleep in the shrine? I only ask, because the place isn't that big, seems like any more than three bedrooms'd be stretching it."

Hina shakes her head, still looking down. "I do not mind answering you on this point. I shall try to make my explanation as simple as I possibly can." She shifts her weight into a more comfortable position before continuing. "When I say 'sleep', the image that undoubtedly comes into your head is one of me falling asleep as you do, laying down and losing consciousness, but this is not the case when referring to a divine being. Rather, we let our physical presence fade and - I apologize in advance, but this next term I could not expand upon even slightly without many hours of exposition - 'return' to regain our energies. So, in short, I do not have, nor do I require, a room in which to sleep." She looks up again, mouth wavering between slight smile and slight frown. "I hope my wording was sufficently clear?"

You chew on your food for a while while your brain chews on her words. "Yeah. Yeah, I think I get it. Very interesting. Thanks, Hina." She bows her head modestly again while you finish off the last of your breakfast in silence. Taking your dishes in to the sink, you sit back down, and pick up the paper, opening it to the second page. Let's see what else Aya has to say...

"Oh, my, is that a newspaper? I did not know such things existed in this world. May I see it?"

Crap.

[ ] Might as well. "Sure, knock yourself out."
[ ] Flatly refuse.
[ ] Try to hide it by sitting on it. "Paper? What paper?"
>> No. 1131
>>1129
>>Sunowho? I don't actually play many VNs.

The strongest logic.


[x] Might as well. "Sure, knock yourself out."
>> No. 1132
[X] Might as well. "Sure, knock yourself out."

She can read the incredible (and mostly fabricated) story of our daring rescue.
>> No. 1133
[ ] Might as well. "Sure, knock yourself out."
[ ] Shuffle up next to her
>> No. 1134
[X] Might as well. "Sure, knock yourself out."
oho, why not hero ourselves
>> No. 1135
[X] Might as well. "Sure, knock yourself out."
[X] Shuffle up next to her.

I like that. We can get in close, and make her even more embarrassed.
>> No. 1136
>>1131

Scorn seems to know what he's doing. I'd like to ammend in a
[x] Shuffle up next to her.
too.
>> No. 1137
[ ] Might as well. "Sure, knock yourself out."
[ ] Shuffle up next to her
>> No. 1138
God, Hina is hot.
[X] Might as well. "Sure, knock yourself out."
[x] Shuffle up next to her.
Let her see how awesome we are, let's sex her up even if we can only get Sanae. Always time for some side adventure.
>> No. 1139
[x] Might as well. "Sure, knock yourself out."
[x] Shuffle up next to her.
This is just asking for her to leak curses all over us but fuck it.
>> No. 1140
[X] Might as well. "Sure, knock yourself out."
[X] Shuffle up next to her.

I know there's only Sanae ending, but this is okay, right?
>> No. 1141
>>1136
I agree. In more ways than one.

Unanimous vote, plus write-in. Dig it.
>> No. 1142
[ ] Might as well. "Sure, knock yourself out."
[ ] Shuffle up next to her
Sounds like a plan. Plus if Sanae wanders in she's unlikely to get the wrong idea if we're just reading the paper together.
>> No. 1143
>>1140 see >>1115

I don't know if the routes will open second play through or something, but it looks like it's not Sanae only.

>>1136
>>Scorn seems to know what he's doing
Fu fu fu
>> No. 1144
>>1143
...Can you clear this up Tetro?
>> No. 1145
>>1144

He said we're locked on Sanae first play through. Others will be available next time.
>> No. 1146
>>1140
Ask me that again once you've read this part. I dare you.

===

No way out of this without looking like you're hiding something. Resigning yourself, you refold the paper and reach it across the table. "Sure, knock yourself out."

"Thank you." She takes it from you and unfolds it to look at the front page. On a sudden impulse, you stand up and scurry over to take the cushion next to her. Who knows, maybe the damage control will be easier from this distance.

Hina reads in silence, her eyes scrolling slowly over the page. Watching her face, it hits you for the very first time what an attractive woman she really is. Delicate, refined features, perfectly complemented by her evenly pale skin. Letting your eye rove down her body, you also notice for the first time her small, perfect breasts; her long, delicate fingers; her just-curvaceous-enough waist; above her knee-high boots, her skirt has ridden up slightly, just enough for a glimpse of thigh that makes your breath catch in your throat. Lingering there, you eventually take your eye back along the same course for seconds. You find your body leaning towards her. Your brain is not meaning to, but does not seem to feel any desire to correct its charge. Coming in with your breath is an intoxicating pheromonal aroma, with an undertone of... porcelain?

"Oh, no."

You snap back into place at Hina's dismayed groan, mentally slapping yourself, part remonstration, part "wake up, stupid!". "What, what?!"

No reply is immediately forthcoming. Another, identical "oh, no" follows after a few moments, then Hina turns to you with a crestfallen look. "I feel I already know the answer, but I wish to hear it from your own lips. This... none of it is true, is it?"

[ ] "It is. Every word."
[ ] "Well, I was there, I sprang Suzuha, other than that, no."
[ ] "What, you don't think I could take on a half-dozen guards at once? I'm hurt."

===

Also, I understand and can sympathize with the desire for multi-voting here, but I'm afraid the reactions to these answers and the ripples they'll cause are too different to mix effectively. tl;dr, multi-voting's suspended again.
>> No. 1147
> [ ] "Well, I was there, I sprang Suzuha, other than that, no."

That's right, her name is Suzuha now. I'M THE GOD!!
>> No. 1148
[ ] "Well, I was there, I sprang Suzuha, other than that, no."
>> No. 1149
>>1147
You are no god of mine!
[X] "What, you don't think I could take on a half-dozen guards at once? I'm hurt."
>> No. 1150
[X] "What, you don't think I could take on a half-dozen guards at once? I'm hurt."

You wound me greatly, my love.
>> No. 1151
[x] "Well, I was there, I sprang Suzuha, other than that, no."
>> No. 1152
[x] "Well, I was there, I sprang Shizuha, other than that, no."
[x] "But it would have been pretty cool."
>> No. 1153
[X] "Well, I was there, I sprang Shizuha. Other than that, no."

I want to see her sigh in relief, and hear a gentle lecture from her.
>> No. 1154
[X] "Well, I was there, I sprang Suzuha, other than that, no."

Was about to pick the third option, but I get bad wibes from saying that to Hina.
>> No. 1155
>>1152
Okay, THIS I'll accept. Hell, I'll still write it in, even if nobody else votes for it. Good show, Anon.
>> No. 1157
[x] "Well, I was there, I sprang Shizuha, other than that, no."
[x] "But it would have been pretty cool."
>> No. 1158
[x] "Well, I was there, I sprang Shizuha, other than that, no."
[x] "But it would have been pretty cool."
>> No. 1159
Winner's pretty clear. Writing.
>> No. 1160
[] "Well, I was there, I sprang Shizuha, other than that, no."
[] "But it would have been pretty cool."
Clever Anon has re-appeared!
>> No. 1161
>>1160

slowpoke.dat
>> No. 1162
Dang, forgot to referesh before posting.
>> No. 1163
"Well, I was there, I sprang Shizuha, but other than that, no." You pause, then try to lighten the mood a little. "But it would have been pretty cool."

Your joke has no effect. Her voice gets a notch harder for her next question. "This story was not the result of your reporting, was it?"

"No, no, no! I swear! This paper came with a crow, and that is the *only* time I've given her *any* material directly, hand to God!" You raise your right hand for emphasis, trying to sweat sincerity.

This seems to satisfy her. She turns back to regard the paper as one would regard a stranger's corpse in their window seat. "This... this is indeed a dire turn of events. Sanae will..." A door opens somewhere beyond the kitchen. Hina stiffens, hisses "Sanae!" at you, and quickly sits up long enough to hide the paper beneath her. Plopping back down, she turns to you and starts saying something, but your head's spinning a little too fast to focus on the words, so all you do is stare at her dumbly as Sanae walks in, wrapped in a long towel, her hair wet.

"Mornin', you two," she says, "whatcha talkin' about?"

Hina turns to Sanae without missing a beat. "Master Chulainn had just inquired about my sleeping arrangements, and I am now in the process of explaining to him the concept of 'returning'."

FUCK YEAH HINA!! You catch the ball she's tossed to you and look at Sanae. You don't even have to change your expression. "I, uh, don't think I'm being a very good student, though."

She just puts her hands on her hips and laughs sympathetically, shaking her head. "I've heard that lesson four different times from four different sources, and I *still* don't get it. Good luck, kid." Phew! "So, I guess you woke up too late to report to your tengu overlords, or maybe you figured you'd made enough of one last night. Anyway, hear anything from your good friend Aya, yet?" Eep! Hina stiffens and freezes, glancing sideways at you.

[ ] "Oh, uh, er, well, you know, uh, she's probably real busy."
[ ] "Aya? Ohhh, yes, Aya. Um. Yeah, um, just a crow at my window this morning, why?"
[ ] "Ungah? What is this, this 'eye-yah' of which you speak?"
>> No. 1164
>>1162
Used to do that all the time. Still do, occasionally. Don't let it worry you too much.
>> No. 1165
[X] "Ayayayayaya."

Only appropriate response.
>> No. 1166
[x] "Aya? Ohhh, yes, Aya. Um. Yeah, um, just a crow at my window this morning, why?"
>> No. 1167
[x] "Aya? Ohhh, yes, Aya. Um. Yeah, um, just a crow at my window this morning, why?"

Aya does seem to be offering competitive rates, saving our asses.
But then again, so is Hina.
>> No. 1168
[X] "Aya? Ohhh, yes, Aya. Um. Yeah, um, just a crow at my window this morning, why?"
DO IT
>> No. 1169
>>1165
You collapse in exasperation. "Ayayayaya..."

Sanae just looks at you strangely. "Yes, that's right, Aya. Have you heard from her?"

[ ] GOTO 10
>> No. 1170
[X] "Aya? Ohhh, yes, Aya. Um. Yeah, um, just a crow at my window this morning, why?"
>> No. 1171
[ ] "Aya? Ohhh, yes, Aya. Um. Yeah, um, just a crow at my window this morning, why?"
>> No. 1172
[X] "Aya? Ohhh, yes, Aya. Um. Yeah, um, just a crow at my window this morning, why?"

lol honesty
>> No. 1173
[X] "Aya? Ohhh, yes, Aya. Um. Yeah, um, just a crow at my window this morning, why?"

Cu Chulainn is honest to a fault.
>> No. 1174
Okie dokie. Writing.
>> No. 1175
Actually, new thread? This one's gone past Sparta territory.
>> No. 1176
>>1175

Yeah do it.
>> No. 1177
>"So, I guess you woke up too late to report to your tengu overlords

I, for one, welcome my not nessecarily new Tengu overlods.
>> No. 1215
This Hina has slowly worked her way up to a level of awesomeness that rivals SDM:LA's Koakuma...in my eyes, anyway. Must have more lovely Hina.
>> No. 8888
Good afternoon. A synonym is a word you use when you can't spell the word you first thought of.
I am from Nicaragua and too poorly know English, give please true I wrote the following sentence: "By christopher hartthis installment in the best selling xtreme art series offers children a fun fill."

Thank :-( Aleeza.