[Return]
Archived thread

File 122436660852.jpg - (314.86KB , 1000x800 , 96be6992d5472b179b127a49ef5da8e2.jpg ) [iqdb]
7047 No. 7047
[x] Go check it out.

It’s not like you have a real pressing reason not to check it out. Getting back into your own clothes and spending the late morning sipping coffee would be nice, but you’ll do that eventually. You sleepily walk over towards the door to the living room, crack it open, and find... nothing. The room is empty. Nothing is out of place, but... there’s no one in the room.

“Huh.”

The room smells faintly of food still, like a meal had been eaten in here recently. Probably Nitori having her breakfast. Perhaps it wasn’t the door closing, after all?

...no. Listening closely, you hear a slight shuffling from behind the bookshelf. It’s also been moved out slightly, far enough to accommodate a person through a tight squeeze.

“Aya.” You mutter, sighing. She really does catch on quick. “What are you doing?”

The shuffling ceases as you move closer to the bookshelf. You’re very tempted just to push the shelf back in to place, but... no. No need to be an ass.

“Hey,” You say, peeking around the side of the bookshelf, “You could, you know, knock or something.”

Aya doesn’t miss a beat, letting out a laugh. Perhaps she’s used to getting caught behind bookshelves. “But people can lie during interviews. This is a more accurate way of gathering information. But, now that I’ve been found out...”

You move out of the way, allowing Aya space to worm herself out from behind the bookcase.

You sigh. “You’re asking for an interview?”

She makes her way out from behind the bookcase, brushing off her clothes. She gives you a grin. “Are you offering to give one?”

[ ] “Sure. After I get some coffee, and find everyone else.”
[ ] “No. Next time, knock.”
[ ] Write-in.

>> No. 7048
[ ] “Sure. After I get some coffee, and find everyone else.”
>> No. 7049
[x] “Sure. After I get some coffee, and find everyone else.”
>> No. 7050
[x] “Sure. After I get some coffee, and find everyone else.”
>> No. 7051
[X] “Sure. After I get some coffee, and find everyone else.”
[X] Offer her some coffee.
>> No. 7052
[x] "Sure. After I get some coffee, and find everyone else."
>> No. 7053
[X] “Sure. After I get some coffee, and find everyone else.”
[X] Offer her some coffee.
>> No. 7054
[X] “Sure. After I get some coffee, and find everyone else.”
[X] Offer her some "hot coffee".
>> No. 7055
[X] “Sure. After I get some coffee, and find everyone else.”
[X] Offer her some "hot coffee".

>>7054
I see what you did there.
>> No. 7056
[x] “Sure. After I get some coffee, and find everyone else.”
[x] Offer her some coffee.
[x] "But do that again and I'll pitch you out of here bodily." Say this with a friendly smile, but quite seriously.
>> No. 7057
[X] “No. Next time, knock.”

Can't we just enjoy our morning with Nitori?
>> No. 7058
“No. Next time, knock. I'm going back to bed. If you are probing for a story, that's the only place you'll find it.”
>> No. 7059
[X] Reluctantly give her a brief interview, revealing that Reimu resolved the situation by attacking the black hole girl, and you, Nitori, Suika and Takiko didn't do anything at all.
>> No. 7060
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1623240
Hot coffee? How about sum chocolate?
>> No. 7061
[†] “Sure. After I get some coffee, and find everyone else.”
[†] Offer her some coffee.
>> No. 7062
[x] “Sure. After I get some coffee, and find everyone else.”

“Sure. After I get some coffee, and find everyone else. Would you like some?”

A smile spreads across her face. “It’s been years since I’ve had coffee.”

You start walking, heading out into the hall. Nitori is probably downstairs in the lab, along with Takiko, so you decide to go grab the coffee first and hope you run into them. But, then again, they could just as easily be out doing something else.

“So, did you get the coffee while you were outside?” Aya asks, trying to break the silence. “Or did Kourindou finally get some more?”

Her question is enough to remind you that you probably should have picked up more coffee. It’s a rarity in Gensokyo, simply because the only time they get any is when it falls through the gap. “We picked it up at a supermarket,” You say, shrugging. “It’s instant coffee, so it’s not the best, but...”

Aya attempts to turn the conversation into an interview only once during the descent into the basement. The conversation stays, for the most part, largely centered on and around coffee. Nothing about Nitori. It’s a bit suspicious. Upon reaching the bottom of the stairs, you find Nitori working at her usual workbench. She’s tinkering with something, so she’s able to hear your footsteps. She looks up.

“Ah, good morning Bi---“ She pauses, her eyes getting bigger. “Aya?”

“I found her sneaking around the living room,” You say, shrugging, “She wants an interview. Anyway, do you want some coffee? I’m going to make some.”

“I wasn’t sneaking, you know.” Aya quips, “I was hiding.”

“Coffee?” Nitori doesn’t seem to know what to think about Aya. She gives you a look showing that this was not at all what she expected. “Sure. I’ll have some.”

“I left it in the car,” you say, motioning in that general direction. “And... have you seen Takiko around?”

“Oh, she’s been helping me. She’s off scouting for more of these right now.” Nitori says, motioning to the thing she was tinkering with. Now that you’re closer, you can see that it’s a TV monitor. “I’m rewiring the Juggernaut. No sense letting it go to waste, you know?”

“Awesome.” Images of you driving around Gensokyo in that thing flash to mind. “Do you think you could add off-road capabilities?

“Off-road? It’s already pretty well suited for that...”

“The Juggernaut?” Aya asks, obviously confused. “What’s that?”

You decide to play it safe. “Should we let her see?” You ask Nitori.

“Actually,” She says, looking at the camera, “That should be fine. But no pictures, OK?”

Aya seems a little disappointed, but agrees.

“Good, good. Walk this way,” You say, in your best impression of Lurch. Even though you feel like crap from that short sleep, being back in Gensokyo offsetting it for the most part.

The two of you make it to the Nitorimobile with little effort. Aya is... impressed, to say the least.

“And you can... ride in this thing?” She asks, looking all around the vehicle.

You turn the slightly-hidden lever to pop open the door, and crawl inside. “Yeah. It’s pretty useful.” The coffee is within reach, along with the rest of your gear. You grab the stuff you need as Aya continues to ask questions.

“Why is it so big?” She asks. “It doesn’t look very fast. And any decent laser would cleave right through it.”

[ ] Start in on the story. It’s going to take a while anyway.
[ ] Continue to be vague.
[ ] “Are you sure? You see, it’s made of adamantium...”
>> No. 7064
[x] “Are you sure? You see, it’s made of turbonium adamantium...”

Aya prints it in her paper -> Touhoes read the paper -> Touhoes start believing it's made of adamantium -> It's made of adamantium
>> No. 7065
[X] Start in on the story. It’s going to take a while anyway.
>> No. 7066
[x] “Are you sure? You see, it’s made of adamantium..
>> No. 7067
[X] “Are you sure? You see, it’s made of adamantium...”

This is so Bill. I cannot resist.
>> No. 7068
[x] “Are you sure? You see, it’s made of adamantium..
>> No. 7069
[x] “Are you sure? You see, it’s made of turbonium adamantium...”

Aya prints it in her paper -> Touhoes read the paper -> Touhoes start believing it's made of adamantium -> It's made of adamantium

seconding this sound and believable logic
>> No. 7070
File 122446029291.png - (456.19KB , 720x480 , Mrfusion.png ) [iqdb]
7070
When we finally do reveal the Nitorimobile to the public, it will be able to fly, can be operated via remote control, turn invisible, cross border-space, and fire its own danmaku. It is powered by a combination of magic and Mr. Fusion.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads!"
>> No. 7071
>>7069

One problem with that.

>Touhoes start believing

>Bunbunmaru News

Not gonna happen.

[X] Start in on the story. It’s going to take a while anyway.
>> No. 7072
>>7071

They wouldn't believe Aya's editorials and reporting, but I think they'd believe direct quotations.
>> No. 7073
[x] “Are you sure? You see, it’s made of adamantium..
>> No. 7075
[X] "Are you sure? You see, it’s made of adamantium..."

Still worth a shot even if it's not going to happen. A man can dream, right?
>> No. 7076
[X] "Are you sure? You see, it’s made of unobtainium..."

THE UNOBTAINABLE METAL!
>> No. 7077
I predict Reimu will come in and slap it with seals all over.

When she is gone, we will take them off except for two, which we will move to the back.

And thus we will bring bumper stickers to Gensokyo.
>> No. 7082
>>7076

Oh god I saw that crappy movie the other week.
>> No. 7085
[X] "Are you sure? You see, it’s made of diamond, the hardest metal known to man..."
>> No. 7087
[x] "Are you sure? You see, it’s made of Nintendium..."
>> No. 7088
[x] “Are you sure? You see, it’s made of Wakandan Vibranium alloyed with Orichalcum, tempered in the blood of a long-dead demon god and blessed with the screams of the damned."
>> No. 7089
>>7082
Eh, there is a movie reference with unobtainium? What movie?
>> No. 7090
>>7088

This is definitely the best answer, ever.

Therefore, I vote for it, too!

[x] “Are you sure? You see, it’s made of Wakandan Vibranium alloyed with Orichalcum, tempered in the blood of a long-dead demon god and blessed with the screams of the damned."
>> No. 7091
[†] “Are you sure? You see, it’s made of Wakandan Vibranium alloyed with Orichalcum, tempered in the blood of a long-dead demon god and blessed with the screams of the damned."
>> No. 7092
[ ] “Are you sure? You see, it’s made of Dragonforce, the hardest metal known to man not to mention incredible heat resistance.”

Through fire and flames.
>> No. 7095
>>7089
The Core.
>> No. 7096
[x] “Are you sure? You see, it’s made of adamantium...”

“Are you sure?” You ask with a slightly serious tone. “You see, it’s made of adamantium...”

“It’s made of what?”

“Adamantium,” You say, getting out of the car with your bag and coffee in hand. “You know. It’s one of the strongest metals. We had to fight a bunch of golems to amass this much material.”

“Golems?” She asks, a suspicious tone in her voice. She doesn’t seem like she’s buying it, but there’s a slight shadow of doubt. “Come on. You mean those hulking beast-like things?”

“Yeah.” You say as calmly as you can. “It was a pretty gruesome fight. I mean, look,” You motion to a dent on the metal, most likely from a bullet. “My best attack did this.” You’ve managed to keep your voice calm during this, imagining the events playing in your mind in such a way that you can convince yourself that they really did happen.

Aya, too, continues to play along. “How’d you beat them, then?”

“We smashed the controlling amulet. You see, the whole incident was caused by a bunch of crafters...”

The conversation goes on until you make it back to where Nitori is. By the time you get there, you’ve managed to spin a tale that spans multiple genres and times. Aya obviously doesn’t buy it by this point, but this is a great story so you continue running with it.

“... and then we launched a tactical nuke at his face. Nitori cobbled it together, while Takiko ran it by remote. Isn’t that right, Nitori?”

“W... what?” Nitori asks, confused. “Tactical nuke?”

“Sure. You remember, right? When we were fighting Larados?”

Nitori doesn’t get it. “I don’t know what you’re talking about...”

“Ah, I guess the tale is over then,” You say, letting out a little sigh. “Well, it was fun while it lasted. Anyway,” You say, motioning to the stairs. “Three cups of coffee, then?” You look to the fairy. “Or will you be drinking, too?”

She nods, but somehow you get the feeling that she won’t like the taste. “Alright, then. If you three will follow me...”

The other three filter off into the living room while you get to work in the kitchen. Since you’ve worked in here before, you’ve got a pretty good idea of where everything is. Cups are gathered while you wait for the water to heat up. Upon opening the coffee, it smells... delicious. It’s been a long time since you’ve had any.

With the coffee granules mixed into the cups you managed to find, you return to the living room. Aya and Nitori are chatting about something non-consequential that quickly changes to the coffee. You take your seat next to Nitori, with Aya and Takiko sitting on the other couch.

Aya wastes no time getting to the point. “So, are you going to give me a real interview?”

[ ] Give one, but try to focus on the lighter side of things. No need to make humans look like a bunch of animals.
[ ] Give one, but keep it grim and dark. It’ll make a better story this way.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 7097
[X] "Actually, no, but there's a good reason. If you come back in a few days, we'll have some exclusive eyewitness reports for you."

What kind of inconsiderate father would talk to the press about his daughter before she even arrives?
>> No. 7100
[X] "Actually, no, but there's a good reason. If you come back in a few days, we'll have some exclusive eyewitness reports for you."
[x] "And if you try and find out before hand..." you smile with an evil grin "...I'll crush you behind a book case next time" you finish and take a sip of coffee, while you look up at her with Creepy Dave eyes.

Better write-ins, any?

"...I'll tell the world your cup size, as I could see quite clearly through the steam in the hot spring"
>> No. 7101
[X] "Actually, no, but there's a good reason. If you come back in a few days, we'll have some exclusive eyewitness reports for you."
[x] "And if you try and find out before hand..." you smile with an evil grin "...I'll crush you behind a book case next time" you finish and take a sip of coffee, while you look up at her with Creepy Dave eyes.
>> No. 7102
[†] "Actually, no, but there's a good reason. If you come back in a few days, we'll have some exclusive eyewitness reports for you."
[†] "And if you try and find out before hand..." you smile with an evil grin "...I'll crush you behind a book case next time" you finish and take a sip of coffee, while you look up at her with Creepy Dave eyes.
>> No. 7103
[X] "Actually, no, but there's a good reason. If you come back in a few days, we'll have some exclusive eyewitness reports for you."
[x] "And if you try and find out before hand..." you smile with an evil grin "...I'll crush you behind a book case next time" you finish and take a sip of coffee, while you look up at her with Creepy Dave eyes.

Best father figure ever.
>> No. 7104
>>7100
>>"...I'll tell the world your cup size, as I could see quite clearly through the steam in the hot spring"

Nitori IS in the room, she wouldn't like this answer.

Although if her response was on the lines of.
"Well Aya's seen you nakedYou've seen Aya naked now it's my turn."

Would be higly welcome.
>> No. 7105
File 122462986754.jpg - (64.13KB , 238x238 , yuukawhat.jpg ) [iqdb]
7105
>>7103
>> No. 7106
File 122463745169.png - (51.97KB , 236x241 , cr.png ) [iqdb]
7106
Better yet, Creepy Richard.
>> No. 7107
[x] "Actually, no, but there's a good reason. If you come back in a few days, we'll have some exclusive eyewitness reports for you."
[x] "And if you try and find out before hand..." you smile with an evil grin "...I'll crush you behind a book case next time" you finish and take a sip of coffee, while you look up at her with Creepy Dave eyes.

“Actually, no,” You say in-between drinks of your coffee, “but there’s a good reason. If you come back in a few days, we’ll have some exclusive eyewitness reports for you.”

Nitori gives you a curious glance, while Aya is obviously displeased. She frowns at you.

“Come on,” She asks, in an exaggerated manner. “Is that any way to treat your private consultant?”

“Consultant...?” Nitori asks, not understanding what she’s referring to. You glare at Aya. Usually you’re up for this sort of verbal dance.

Aya completely blows off your gaze. “Sure. Wasn’t I the one that filled you in to Yukari?”

“That may be true, but... well, you’ll see,” You say, waving a hand dismissively. “And if you try to find out before hand, you might find yourself stuck between a bookshelf and a hard place.”

The last line is delivered with a slightly menacing grin, followed by another sip of coffee. She returns with a grin of her own, one that says you’ve got no power over her. One of supreme confidence in her skills as a reporter.

“This isn’t bad,” Nitori chimes in, breaking the stalemate you two have reached. “I wish we could find coffee in Gensokyo more often.”

“Maybe we could get Yukari to bring us some plants, or something,” You suggest. “I’m sure that we could jerry-rig a greenhouse or something.”

Takiko, as expected, has only taken one sip of the coffee. She doesn’t seem to like it. You two continue talking about the possibility of a small scale coffee operation, with Aya sipping her coffee in silence. She seems to be thinking about things... and knowing her, it’s all the possible ways to get her information. You doubt that she’d sit on this story for a few days if she could help it.

After finishing her coffee, Aya stands up. “I’m disappointed that you won’t give me my interview, but thank you for the coffee. Now, if you’ll excuse me...”

She leaves her cup on the table and departs. You and Nitori return to planning Gensokyo’s first artificial growing environment, and time passes quickly. Before you know it, it’s time for lunch.

“Oh, it’s starting to get to be around noon, isn’t it?” Nitori asks suddenly. “I should go find Hina. I’m sure she’ll be glad to hear that we’re back.”

[ ] Offer to go with her.
[ ] Get back into your own clothes and shave your ugly beard.
>> No. 7108
[X] Get back into your own clothes and shave your ugly beard.

I'd love to go with her, but... I think she and Hina deserve some alone time together.
>> No. 7109
[x] Get back into your own clothes and shave your ugly beard.

Well, if it's ugly...
>> No. 7110
[ ] Get back into your own clothes and shave your ugly face.
>> No. 7111
[x] Offer to go with her.

No! Hina MUST see our rugged and manly appearance! She could use a giggle anyway, as it does not suit us.
>> No. 7112
[x] Offer to go with her.

We must use our beard only for good.
>> No. 7113
[X] Get back into your own clothes and shave your ugly beard.
>> No. 7115
File 122466596671.png - (14.60KB , 75x81 , ah.png ) [iqdb]
7115
>>7112

>We must use our beard only for good.
>> No. 7118
[X] Get back into your own clothes and shave your ugly beard.
>> No. 7119
>>7115

So...so RUG'D
>> No. 7125
>>7115
IT'S NOT THE BEARD ON THE OUTSIDE THAT COUNTS, IT'S THE BEARD ON THE INSIDE.
>> No. 7128
[x] Get back into your own clothes and shave your ugly beard.

“I’ll stay here,” You say, rubbing your week old stubble. “I’m going to shave, and go take a bath. Are we still on for dinner tonight?”

“Alone?” She asks, a slightly uneasy warble in her voice.

“Sure,” You say, shrugging. “Unless you’re afraid of my cooking?”

“N-no...”

“Great.” You give her a warm smile. “Good luck.”

Nitori nods, and heads for the door. She departs, but gives you a wave before leaving.

“Ah, Takiko...”

The little fairy is looking confused. You did use the word alone.

“You don’t mind, do you?” You ask. “Giving us the night alone, that is?”

She shakes her head. Setting to work on her notepad, she produces a note about how she’d like to go tell the other fairies of her travels. The outside world is a myth to fairies, it seems, and she’d like to go tell the story. You’re still not sure how she’s going to communicate with the other fairies, but... you’ll learn at some other time.

You manage to clean yourself up with record speed. Picking up these personal items while in the real world was a wonderful idea. Your beard, one that looked like you had been... well, living in the mountains for the past week, falls before your mighty mind in record time. All of the angles make sense. Borrowing Nitori’s shower that she never uses, you find the water to your liking. It doesn’t get incredibly hot, but it’s more convenient than flying out to a spring. Cleansing your body of the filth that you’ve built up over the past few days, as well as finally being back in clothing that doesn’t smell vaguely like someone else and fits completely... it’s a wonderful feeling. You feel like a new person.

The rest of the day passes like... well, a normal day would in Gensokyo. The four of you have lunch together and talk about mostly pointless stuff (although Hina does learn of the adventure, after you do a thorough check of the room). The hours proceeding lunch are spend in the lab, working on the generator you were building for Ruukoto. It’ll be complete within the week. Many of the things that need to be done are time sensitive processes, so there’s really nothing you can do to speed them up.

You decide to break a little before you normally would in order to prepare dinner. Sneaking out of the lab doesn’t prove to be much of a challenge; Nitori’s busy enough tinkering with things that she doesn’t notice you leave. Scrounging around the kitchen, you find... very little. There are some leftovers from lunch, and some cucumbers, but that’s about it aside from the instant food you brought back. It’s not looking good for your romantic dinner.

[ ] Leftovers are fine.
[ ] Perhaps there’s a place in town to eat? Go ask Nitori.
[ ] Try to concoct some sort of awesome dish using your newfound abilities.
>> No. 7130
[ ] Perhaps there’s a place in town to eat? Go ask Nitori.
>> No. 7131
[x] Try to concoct some sort of awesome dish using your newfound abilities.

If we go out to eat, Nitori would have to pay. That's a no no.
>> No. 7132
[x] Try to concoct some sort of awesome dish using your newfound abilities.

Awesome~
>> No. 7133
> “Alone?” She asks, a slightly uneasy warble in her voice.

[X] Try to concoct some sort of awesome dish using your newfound abilities.

ACTUALLY try, don't make something hairbrained and awful. You have cucumbers, leftovers, instant food and a youkai leg that slices and dices (among other things).
>> No. 7134
[x] Try to concoct some sort of awesome dish using your newfound abilities.

WE WILL NEVER LEARN.
>> No. 7135
[ ] Try to concoct some sort of awesome dish using your newfound abilities.

Specifically i think we can probably stretch to some form of dumpling selection, steamed or deep fried. A bit of flour, a splash of water... pretty much anything we can hack up into a fillin and we're done.
>> No. 7138
[†] Try to concoct some sort of awesome dish using your newfound abilities.

And don't forget some cucumbers! Try to make a cucumber salad perhaps? Im sure Nitori will like it.
>> No. 7139
[x] Try to concoct some sort of awesome dish using your newfound abilities.
>> No. 7142
Updates tomorrow, since I ended up doing homework today.
>> No. 7162
[x] Try to concoct some sort of awesome dish using your newfound abilities.

But... you should not despair. No. There has to be something that you could make out of these random ingredients. You search the kitchen more thoroughly, setting any ingredients you can find on the counter. There’s nothing new that you find in this second pass, with the exception of a few spices.

Cooking is a science, or at least that’s what the best chefs say. It’s not a science that you’d normally be good at, but something tells you that you cannot fail. Now, where to start...?

...
...
...

“... and here we are.” You say, entering the living room carrying two large bowls of soup. Dumpling soup, to be precise, with dumplings cannibalized from the earlier lunch and a broth made from an instant broth mix you managed to make out of soup flavoring packets and the spices in the kitchen. You managed to time the cooking just right, as Nitori was coming up stairs to find you when you went down to look for her. After leading her to the dining room and setting out the tea and cucumber salad, you returned with the soup you’re currently holding.

“Ah, thank you,” She says, setting it on the table. You take a seat next to her, setting yours on the table as well. “Where’d you get the stuff to make this? My kitchen is pretty empty.”

“It’s a secret.”

“That’s pretty suspicious,” Nitori says, looking at the soup. She grins. “You’re not trying to poison me, are you?”

“What? I’m hurt, Nitori,” You say in an exaggerated hurt tone. “Here. I’ll even prove it to you.”

You bite into the dumpling, which tastes slightly worse than it did for lunch. Thankfully, Hina’s cooking is top notch, so it survived well. The soup broth is spiced perfectly; enough that you wouldn’t simply want to gulp it down, but not spicy enough that you’d burn your face off. Nitori looks at you, seemingly expecting a report on the dinner.

“So?” She asks, “How is it?”

[ ] “It’s a bit spicy, but... my complements to she chef!”
[ ] “This is quite possibly the best thing I’ve ever eaten.”
[ ] Feign death.
[ ] “It turned out pretty well, I think. It might be a bit spicy, though.”
>> No. 7163
It would appear that I cannot read the full update. How long will this server issue persist? It has been at least six hours already.
>> No. 7164
And it would appear my post fixed that issue for me.

[X] “It’s a bit spicy, but... my complements to the chef!”
>> No. 7165
[ !/ ] “It’s a bit spicy, but... my complements to the chef!”
>> No. 7166
[X] “It turned out pretty well, I think. It might be a bit spicy, though.”
>> No. 7167
[x] Feign death.
>> No. 7168
[†] Feign death
>> No. 7169
[x] Feign death.
>> No. 7170
[X] Feign death.

Heheh.
>> No. 7171
[x] Feign death.
I are amused.
>> No. 7172
[!] Feign death.

Why so serious?
>> No. 7173
[x] Feign death.
>> No. 7174
[x] Chewbacca goes moo.
>> No. 7175
[X] Feign Death

BLARG IM DED
>> No. 7176
[X] Feign Death
[X] Over-dramatic Shakespearean speech.
>> No. 7177
[x] Feign death.
>> No. 7179
Adding:
[X] Over-dramatic Shakespearean speech.
to my vote.
>> No. 7181
>>7179

Seconded.
>> No. 7182
Adding:
[X] Over-dramatic Shakespearean speech.
to my vote as well.

Bill DID take acting after all... right?
>> No. 7183
[ ] Eat, and then do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMF4VpwMS-c

... nah.

[X] “It turned out pretty well, I think. It might be a bit spicy, though.”

Nitori doesn't really seem to respond well to jokes.
>> No. 7184
Sorry, I spent most of the day visiting with my parents who were in town, and then slacked off for most of the night. Updates tomorrow.
>> No. 7189
[x] Feign death.

“I think it’s---“

You drop your spoon the few inches it has left to go into the soup. The bowl is shaped in such a way that it doesn’t fall in completely, with the handle coming to rest on the side. Slumping backward into the couch, you let out a slight sigh before ceasing breathing all together.

Nitori doesn’t say anything. You’re not very athletic, so the burning in your chest from holding your breath for far too long forces you to breath eventually. You peek out of one of your eyes, and find Nitori staring at you... a smile on her face.

“That bad, huh?”

You open your eyes completely and sit up. “Or is it that good?” You nod towards the soup. “I’ll let you be the judge.”

She looks at the soup once or twice, then back at you. Taking the spoon, she scoops up a dumpling and munches on the end. She chews for a bit, slowly at first and then a bit faster. Then, as if in a haste, she swallows the thing and quickly goes for her tea, downing almost half of it before pausing.

“It’s... hot!” She says, looking a little pathetic.

And then you realize your error. A person whose diet consists of mostly cucumbers probably doesn’t eat spicy food much. The dish is perfectly formulated, but for your taste.

“You don’t like it?” You ask sincerely, a tinge of guilt creeping in. “Sorry.”

“N-no,” She says, “I can handle hot things, but the smell didn’t make this seem spicy at all...” laughing, she adds, “It was surprising.”

Phew. Taking another bite, she adds, “These dumplings seem familiar, though...”

You just laugh, and go back eating. The dinner continues in silence for the most part, and it seems it’s up to you to fix that.

“I’ve been meaning to comment on your clothes for a long time,” you begin, “did you make those? It’s very nice.”

Nitori seems confused by the sudden change of topic. “I did, but... what made you think of that?”

“Well, this is a date, right?” You say, smiling. “It only seemed appropriate to comment on how lovely you look.”

“A...” She pauses “D-date?”

“Sure. What’d you think this was?”

“Well...” She pauses, blushing, “I just thought you were cooking dinner to be nice, not because...”

“I am.”

“If I had known, I would have dressed better and---“

You chuckle a little bit. “I wasn’t being sarcastic before. And, another question. Do you have a working stereo around here somewhere? Or perhaps a CD player and some speakers?”

“I... what?” She doesn’t seem to be able to see where this is going. “I think there’s a working one in the lab...”

“Good. After you finish eating, would you like to dance?”

Her eyes go wide. “...dance?”

“I did manage to pack my CD collection while we were outside,” You say, shrugging.

“I...” Her uneasy expression finally cracks, revealing a smile. “Sure,” She says, her voice still betraying some of the hesitation she’s feeling. “I don’t think I’ve ever danced before, but... I can give it a shot.”

“To be honest, I’m probably not much better,” You add, laughing. “I’m sort of clumsy. Although, I can’t say I’ve ever danced while being able to fly before...”

Dinner doesn’t last much longer; Nitori manages to take care of the spicy soup like a professional. Time passes, and

You grab the dishes, stacking them into each other like a professional. “Do you want to meet me down there, then? I’ve got to take care of these, and then unpack my music. It’ll be at least 10 minutes.”

Nitori stands up. “It’ll take me a while to set up the stereo, anyway. Pick something good, ok?”

“Don’t worry,” You say, “I’ve got just the thing in mind.”

You depart after Nitori, stopping only briefly to drop off the dishes in the kitchen. You’ll take care of them later. Returning to your room, you find your CD collection without much trouble; putting them into those little books to save room was a great idea. Now, what to bring...?

[ ] Funky write-in.
>> No. 7190
[x] Lovage, Music to Make Love to Your Old Lady By
[x] The Moody Blues, Days of Future Passed
[x] Stevie Wonder, The Definitive Collection
[ ] Rick Astley, Whenever You Need Somebody
>> No. 7191
[X] Something classical.
[X] Smooth jazz.
[X] Barry White.

We're gonna be romancin' the lady's pants off.
>> No. 7192
[X] rickroll
>> No. 7193
[x] The Backstreet Boys.
>> No. 7194
[X] The Mountain of Faith OST
Couldn't resist.
>> No. 7197
[†] Lighthouse family - You and me forever
[†] Nickelback - Far Away
>> No. 7198
[X] Something classical.
[X] Smooth jazz.
[X] Barry White.
>> No. 7199
[X] Something classical.
[X] Smooth jazz.
[X] Barry White.
>> No. 7200
[x] Will Downing - Drowning in your eyes.

Romantic, get.
>> No. 7201
>[x] Lovage, Music to Make Love to Your Old Lady By

That this was the first thing recommended made my fucking day.
>> No. 7202
[X] Barry White.

One-hit K.O.!!
>> No. 7203
[X] Something classical. Handel's Water Music, perhaps.
>> No. 7204
>>7203
Clever.
>> No. 7206
I'm just glad no one has vote "Be Blinded Me With Science".

I suggest slow jazz you can slow-dance to, and some swing if you are feeling adventurous. Just remember "step step rock-step" and you can do pretty much anything with swing.
>> No. 7207
[X] Something classical. Handel's Water Music, perhaps

good choice
>> No. 7208
[x] "She Blinded Me With Science"
>> No. 7209
Great. She Blinded Me With Science and a few Rick Rolls. Why don't we play Ricky Martin's Livin' La Vida Loca while we're at it?
>> No. 7210
[X] Something classical. Handel's Water Music, perhaps.

Barry White is something you woo a cheap one night stand with. Far below such a lady as Nitori.
>> No. 7211
[ ] Viva last Vegas: Covered by The Dead Kenddys

Lively tune and you can dance to it.

Sort of.
>> No. 7212
[X] Something classical. Handel's Water Music, perhaps.

Sounds like the kind of music ol' Bill would be interested in, methinks.
>> No. 7213
[x] The Fragrance of Dark Coffee - Godot's Theme
>> No. 7214
[X] Something classical. Handel's Water Music, perhaps.
>> No. 7220
Updates tomorrow. Sage for pseudo-writer's block and homework getting in the way.
>> No. 7240
...or not. The internet died last night as I was writing, so I didn't have the references I needed. Updates today, though, unless something goes horribly wrong.
>> No. 7247
Well, it might not be "today" technically, but... here you are.
========================================
[x] Something classical.
[x] Smooth jazz.

Rifling through your CDs, you find things you haven’t listened to in years. Most of them are copies of CDs that your friends had at one point, or mix CDs that you burned at the spur of the moment. Others are copies of tapes that you actually own.

“...this is perfect.”

The CD is a copy of a mix that a friend gave to you, one that’s approximately 8 years old. You’ve only listened to it once. The title is what caused you to remember the songs; written across the top are the words “Smooth Moves”. It certainly wasn’t something you had expected from the short, slightly timid man that gave it to you. In fact, you’re not even sure why he gave it to you.

But... it’ll work fine. You decide to change quickly as well, exchanging your standard lab coat for a fine white shirt you’ve had for a while. Your pants, too, are left behind in favor of something more suitable.

CD case in hand, you stride confidently to the basement. This is definitely not going to be a night that Nitori will forget. Making it to the basement, you find Nitori messing with a stereo that’s taking up space on a workbench not too far from the entrance. However, her clothing has changed.

Nitori stands before you in a dress, quite possibly the last sort of clothing you had expected her to own. It’s about the same color as her clothing, shimmering slightly in blue-grey hues. Her hat has been removed for the second time since you’ve seen her, although it wasn’t intended for you to see her bathing the last time it was. The dress itself is nothing overly elaborate, but definitely not something simple either. You can tell that a lot of work went into it.

“Would it be too much to complement you twice on one night?” You ask, walking closer. Nitori notices you and blushes slightly. “You look wonderful.”

“Y-you, too...”

“I hope you’ll like the music,” You begin to say, perhaps a bit faster than normal. “I was thinking on the way down here that you’ve probably never listened to most of it before, and... well, yeah.” You let out a sigh. Why are you so nervous? This night, so far, has been almost perfectly orchestrated, but...

You set your CD case near the stereo, find the one you need, and stick it into the CD player located on the top of the stereo. The first song, a light classical piece, begins playing through the speakers. It’s a fairly generic piece, something you’d expect to find at a ball, but it’ll be fine to start off with. You extend your hand towards Nitori.

“Shall we?”

Her soft hand grasps yours, still trembling slightly. You put on a big smile, and manage to catch her eye for the first time.

“Try not to be so nervous. If you follow my lead, you’ll be just fine.”

Nitori nods, but she still seems a little self-conscious. You find an excellent place to jump into the music, and take the nervous kappa with you. She does surprisingly well; the two of you move with a natural harmony, gliding as gracefully as you’d imagine it’s possible to across the stone floor.

Song after song play, their genres shifting from salsa to jazz, and everything in between. The whole thing was designed rather superbly; you wonder of the guy that gave this to you made it himself, or if it was a copy of an actual disk. Nitori’s smile betrays the fact that she’s having a wonderful time.

The last piece on the CD, one expertly chosen by whatever mysterious man created this arrangement, is a slow piece. One designed to have you grasp your partner tightly. The type of song that ends every prom. Neither of you miss your cue. Had you access to the lights, you’d dim them.

The melody crescendos and falls, as any good song does. As it reaches the end of the song, at the very highest point of the last loud note, you make your move. Nitori, expecting this, seems to already be waiting. Her eyes meet yours, and you sense expectance. Not being one to disappoint, you hunch over to meet lips with the much shorter Nitori.

The kiss ends with the song, as if the entire thing was from a movie. The very air around you feels fantastic, as if none of this was really happening. As if it was perfectly orchestrated by the gods themselves. The CD ends, leaving you two in silence, but it hardly matters.

“That was...” Nitori pauses, fumbling with her words. You nod. No words need to be said, really. Incredible is the only thing that comes close. You’ve never felt this connected with a single individual before, and, simply put, it feels... incredible. The kiss breaks off after a while, but the two of you remain in the embrace itself for much longer. You simply sit there, floating amidst your sea of chaotic thoughts. The emotions that you’re experiencing are enough to throw even your mind awry.

“Nitori...”

You look down to her, catching her eyes again. You really couldn’t help but utter her name. All her hesitation seems to be gone, at least for now. She looks back with curious eyes, but utters no words.

[ ] “...no, it’s nothing.”
[ ] “...”
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 7248
[x] “...no, it’s nothing.”
[x] Embrace her for awhile longer.
>> No. 7249
[X] “...”
[X] Embrace her for awhile longer.

Don't ruin the moment.
>> No. 7250
[X] “...”
[X] Embrace her for awhile longer.

Words are useless.
>> No. 7252
{X} “...”
{X} Embrace her for awhile longer.
>> No. 7253
{†} “...”
{†} Embrace her for awhile longer.

Precious Kappa is precious.
>> No. 7255
NNNNGGGGHHHHH.... need.... pics..... of..... Nitori..... in .... dress......
>> No. 7256
>>7255
EXACTLY what I was thinking. gah generic drawfag where are you
>> No. 7257
Hum ho. This seems awfully familiar.

TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION
>> No. 7258
[ ] "Nitori.... my love for you, is like a truck."
[ ] "BERSERKER."
[ ] "Would you like to making fuck?"
>> No. 7259
[£] "..."
[£] Embrace her for awhile longer.

M-m-moe! Dammit someone draw this!
>> No. 7267
[X] “...”
[X] Embrace her for awhile longer.

No words.
>> No. 7268
>>7258

Did you just say "making fuck"? Wait, no, that would never work. Try this one instead.

[x] "My love for you is ticking clock"
[x] "Berserker"
[x] "Would you like to suck my cock?"
>> No. 7269
File 12254005176.png - (1.92KB , 168x145 , PBW - Pengy Eyes.png ) [iqdb]
7269
[Yeah] “...”
[Yeah] Embrace her for awhile longer.

It's so...glorious...
>> No. 7270
>>7269

Strangely enough, I saw that as two weird-looking black-faced people in coccons at first.
>> No. 7273
Short update is short.
==============================
[x] “...”
[x] Embrace her for awhile longer.

No. There’s really nothing to say. You simply wanted to speak her name, not convey anything else. Nitori understands, it seems, and just smiles for a moment before going back to snuggling her head into your chest.

More time passes, and eventually, Nitori starts giggling. It’s a nervous giggling, mixed with a hint of mischievousness. It’s enough to make you slightly uncomfortable. Nitori backs out of the embrace and looks up to you. There’s something different in her eyes, some sort of resolve that she’d normally lack while looking at you.

The giggle slows as she brings her hand to her mouth, her gaze shifting up to your eyes.

“You know, that other night...” She begins, “I was pretty drunk, wasn’t I?”

You don’t answer, since it looks like she’s going to continue.

“But... I really meant that part about... something more,” She continues, her face going red. “I’d like you to be my... first...”

Her face is beet red now. You can’t say that you’ve ever had a woman ask you for sex before, so you’re sure that your face is showing some of the same emotion. She’s a Kappa, so it’s your thought that this is some sort of cultural difference.

“A-ah... I h-hope this isn’t too sudden...” Nitori continues, stuttering. Her voice also speeds up. “If y-you don’t want to, that’s fine too, I w-won’t kick you out, or anything...”

It seems like she’ll keep going if you don’t step in, and you wouldn’t want her to get the wrong idea. But, what to say? This has caught you off guard. Nitori’s confidence is obviously fading with every moment of inaction on your part, her voice growing softer. It’s definitely time to seize the moment.

[ ] Right here, right now. Surely, Nitori could appreciate something as bold as that?
[ ] Suggest someplace a bit more... comfortable.
[ ] Respectfully decline.
>> No. 7274
[X] Well, what are you waiting for? Kiss the girl and take her to bed.
>> No. 7275
[X] Well, what are you waiting for? Kiss the girl and take her to bed.

This is the only path.
>> No. 7277
[Yeah] Well, what are you waiting for? Kiss the girl and take her to bed.

Here we go~
>> No. 7278
[x] Well, what are you waiting for? Kiss the girl and take her to bed.
[x] Carry her like a princess, with the resolve of ten-thousand men!!
>> No. 7279
[x] Well, what are you waiting for? Kiss the girl and take her to bed.
[x] Carry her like a princess, with the resolve of ten-thousand men!!

Bracing for Klaymen H scene. The Takiko one was interesting, so this should be fun.
>> No. 7281
[x] I want her to be my first too, but I'm going to knock her out.
>> No. 7282
[x] Well, what are you waiting for? Kiss the girl and take her to bed.
[x] Carry her like a princess, with the resolve of ten-thousand men!!
Oh yeah, we haven't seen Klaymen's skills at this yet.
>> No. 7283
[x] Well, what are you waiting for? Kiss the girl and take her to bed.
[x] Carry her like a princess, with the resolve of ten-thousand men!!
>> No. 7284
x] Well, what are you waiting for? Kiss the girl and take her to bed.
[x] Carry her like a princess, with the resolve of ten-thousand men!!
>> No. 7286
[x] Well, what are you waiting for? Kiss the girl and take her to bed.
[x] Carry her like a princess, with the resolve of ten-thousand men!!

GENTLEMEN
BEHOLD!!
>> No. 7288
[x] Well, what are you waiting for? Kiss the girl and take her to bed.
[x] Carry her like a princess, with the resolve of ten-thousand men!!

I am curious as well. I'll just delay my own update for a bit.
>> No. 7289
>>7288
Bah, I'm gonna go writan. I forgot that Klaymen doesn't post at this time.
>> No. 7291
Well, due to terrible timing on my part, the next update won't be written until Tuesday at the earliest. The student organization that I'm a part of is hosting a weekend-long event, and I've got two homework assignments due on monday and tuesday. Neither are done. I apologize for the wait, but I can't do much about my procrastinating nature.
>> No. 7292
>>7291
Translation:
"Sorry guys, I put off doing my homework and now I'm going to an anime con this weekend so no updates."

We'll forgive you...this time.
>> No. 7293
>>7292

Bad-ass translation.
>> No. 7294
>>7291
Ah god my balls!
>> No. 7300
>>7293
Bad ass-translation.
>> No. 7307
File 122562675336.png - (85.32KB , 306x227 , w.png ) [iqdb]
7307
>>7300

This badass translation isn't as badass as the other badass translation but seemingly more badass than others which brings us to the conclusion that the badassness level is not quite sufficient enough to be badassedly spoken of in the context of a greater badassery such as this one. Badasstastic, really.

Bandwagon humping. Feels good, man.
>> No. 7349
[x] UPDATE
>> No. 7350
>>7349
1 out of 5 pages done on the paper I've got due for tonight. I've also got something due for tomorrow that I'm going to do tonight, so possibly updates tomorrow. It really depends on how well I can write this next scene.

However, there should definitely be one by Thursday, barring severe writer's block or something.
>> No. 7365
[ ] WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAKING F*** BERSERKER?
[ ] BERSERKER?
>> No. 7366
>>7365

No loli-poon for you tonight.
>> No. 7374
File 122602732565.png - (567.97KB , 600x700 , 1435079.png ) [iqdb]
7374
>>7366
She's just short.
>> No. 7375
I managed to get a start on the update today, but didn't finish since it's proving difficult to write. Hopefully I'll be done tomorrow. If not, I don't have anything going on this weekend so I'll spend that writing. I apologize again for the wait.
>> No. 7376
>>7375

Did you get lost at step 3?
>> No. 7392
>>7375

My Irish Republican army is standing by.
>> No. 7393
File 122621974158.jpg - (128.42KB , 460x902 , nitoridance.jpg ) [iqdb]
7393
>> No. 7394
File 122622125035.jpg - (48.71KB , 704x396 , 89752874622.jpg ) [iqdb]
7394
>>7393
>> No. 7395
>>7393 Wow Nice! I like it!
>> No. 7396
File 122626849165.png - (1.25KB , 83x91 , Bugular_3.png ) [iqdb]
7396
>>7393
Lordy lordy
>> No. 7397
Mostly done, I should have it out tomorrow.

>>7393
This is awesome.
>> No. 7399
I... can't do it. This update has been fighting me until the very end, and I'm giving up. I do intend to write the middle at a later date, but right now, it's impossible. Trying to force it would only stall the story for a very long time, possibly forever, so... yeah. Rage as much as you would like; I would, too.
============================================
[x] Well, what are you waiting for? Kiss the girl and take her to bed.
[x] Carry her like a princess, with the resolve of ten-thousand men!!

“Of course, my dear. If that is your wish.”

This sort of performance is in your blood. Although a few women you’ve met haven’t appreciated it, they were not like Nitori. No, you get the feeling that this will be right up her alley.

“Eeep!”

With one swift motion, you manage to scoop Nitori up in to your arms... something straight out of an action movie, except that you’re not saving her from a burning building. Or riding off into the sunset on a horse.
She’s surprisingly light for someone so strong. All sorts of thoughts spring to mind about the implications of you and a kappa doing this sort of thing, but you shrug them off immediately. Now is not the time. It’s hard, getting yourself in the mood with all sorts of logic flying around that brain of yours. However, this must be done right.

You break into poetry on the trip upstairs, sending your thoughts in a more constructive direction. Nitori’s room, the nearest one on the left, is already slightly ajar. It’s quite inviting. Nitori lets herself down near the door.

“Could you... turn around for a minute?” She asks, a little timidly. You comply. There’s not exactly a reason not to.

As you begin to unbutton your shirt, your mind barges in yet again, forcing you to thing about things you do not want to think about at the moment. Such as what luminosity the light in the room is. It’s completely killing the mood for you. All of those insignificant nagging questions that could potentially subtract from perfection berate you.

“Bill?”

You crush all other opposing thoughts in tune, crunching through possible scenarios like no tomorrow. A contingency for every contingency, and then some. Mental baggage is shed at an alarming rate; much faster than you would normally be able to. Free of your imprisoning thoughts, at least for the moment, you put on a smile.

“Ah, sorry,” You say, laughing a little bit. Nitori is standing before you, working with a clasp on the back of her dress. “May I?”

Nitori looks slightly apprehensive, but accepts. “S-sure...”

Walking around behind Nitori, you find the clasp that she’s been working with. You can see why she’s been having trouble; it’s difficult for you to get off, and you’ve even got a good angle of attack. But, after a few seconds, you figure it out and undo the thing. The zipper, too, is undone, and Nitori’s dress slithers off of her much like water. Underneath, she seems to be only wearing a pair of bloomers.

You lean your head down, bringing it to rest slightly above Nitori’s shoulders. She notices you, but doesn’t turn her head to face you.

“What’s up?”

“This is... embarrassing,” She says simply. Finally moving her head back to meet yours, she adds. “But that’s ok.”

The rest unfolds from there.

...
...
...

After a long night, you wake up. It takes you a few seconds to emerge from the buzzing of thoughts, but once you do, you realize where you are. Nitori’s bedroom. Nitori’s next to you, soundly asleep, her breathing light and delicate. Because of the way the room is constructed with no windows, you’ve got absolutely no idea what time it is, and your watch was left off when you changed into your better clothes last night.

[ ] Go back to sleep.
[ ] Get up, prepare some breakfast so that Nitori has something to eat when she wakes up.
>> No. 7401
[ ] Snuggle with Nitori.
>> No. 7402
Needs moar /h/.

[ ] Get up, prepare some breakfast so that Nitori has something to eat when she wakes up.
>> No. 7403
[x] Kiss her on the cheek.
[x] Get up, prepare some breakfast so that Nitori has something to eat when she wakes up.
>> No. 7404
[†] Kiss her on the cheek.
[†] Get up, prepare some breakfast so that Nitori has something to eat when she wakes up.
>> No. 7405
[x] Kiss her on the cheek.
[x] Get up, prepare some breakfast so that Nitori has something to eat when she wakes up.
>> No. 7406
[X] Kiss her on the cheek.
[X] Get up, prepare some breakfast so that Nitori has something to eat when she wakes up.
>> No. 7407
Best Hscene ever written on the boards.

[X] Kiss her on the cheek.
[X] Get up, prepare some breakfast so that Nitori has something to eat when she wakes up.

You ARE going to write the rest of it, right, Klaymen? I know it's hard to write feelings and experiences you've never felt before, but MUST write it.
>> No. 7409
[X] Kiss her on the cheek.
[X] Get up, prepare some breakfast so that Nitori has something to eat when she wakes up.
[X] Try to remember the events of last night.
>> No. 7410
Update tomorrow, I had an exam to study for and a paper to revise today.

>>7407
Hopefully. I do intend to finish it at some point, but... I've got no idea when. Just not anytime very soon.
>> No. 7411
[X] Kiss her on the cheek.
[x] Get up, prepare some breakfast so that Nitori has something to eat when she wakes up.

You’ve got a brilliant idea. It never was in your nature to be a lazy bum, so as long as you’re awake, you might as well do something productive. Nitori... you wonder if she’s ever had someone bring her breakfast in bed before.

Before rolling out of bed, you lean over and plant a kiss on Nitori’s cheek. She mumbles in her sleep, donning a smile in the process. You, too, can’t help but smile. Not every morning will be like this, but... many of them will. This is the right decision. You’ll spend the rest of your life here, if at all possible.

Gathering up your shoes and throwing on your pants, you make your way to your room and put on some less formal clothing. Your watch, too. Takiko said she’d be getting back later in the day, and you told her you’d let her in; you hope you haven’t overslept.

It seems to be a little past 8, so your fears are instantly quashed. You wonder how you managed to sleep so little after last night.

In the kitchen, you don’t really find much breakfast worthy. Some instant oatmeal and some more of that coffee are all you can fine. You’ll need to go shopping soon. Perhaps you can have Hina show you where she gets here ingredients. Or maybe Nitori knows. And, with that party coming up soon, you’ll feel terrible if you don’t help out. Perhaps a casserole...

...
...
...

The next few days pass by so normally, so perfectly, that you hardly remember them in retrospect. The festival went off as you’d expect; Reimu wasn’t exactly pleased, but she didn’t object too much (at least on the day of the party) more than you’d guess would be natural for her. The shrine that you had managed to crush on accident had already been rebuilt by Suika, a feat you wish you could have witnessed on your own. The girl that came from the black hole managed to, by good fortune, find her way to the house of a local witch known as Marisa, and from there to the shrine. She was already there by the time you arrived early to help with preparations.

The crowd of people at the celebration consisted mainly of people you’d never seen before, which wasn’t that surprising. According to Nitori, a large portion of the people who lived in Gensokyo were present. Using your best social skills, you managed to make it on the good side of almost everyone there. A few of them didn’t take kindly to you, but they didn’t seem to take kindly to many people in general. Meeting a goddess, finding out she was your neighbor, and then proceeding to make her genuinely laugh more than made up for this, however, and everyone had a great time. Even those that started off somewhat reserved loosened up with the vast array of alcohol that Yukari and Suika had managed to... acquire, and combined with the food everyone had a wonderful time.

After the festival, the issue of where the girl should stay was decided without much say on your part. Yukari decreed that you should raise your daughter like a man and gapped away, and although you had no objections, the way she did it was sort of irritating. Nitori didn’t seem to mind however, and all four of you went back to the cave that night as some sort of strange family.

Years passed, and many things happened. Ruukoto managed to get fixed after a few months, along with many other gadgets in Nitori’s workshop. Gensokyo is a strange place, and, as you soon found out, events like your little “incedent” occurred on an almost yearly basis. They where almost always a bit more subtle, but every once in a while...

As for you, you grew old while almost everyone around you seemed to remain perpetually young. Only the few humans you knew ever showed any hint of aging. It seemed that the leg granted you some of its former owner’s vitality; although you still aged, it was at a rate perhaps about half as fast as a normal man. Although you tried, it was impossible for a Kappa to give birth to a child of yours; the genetics were too different.

In the end, though, you had one wonderful daughter. The name Lumiere got used as a nickname, at one point, and it stuck. She proved as intelligent and as whimsical as her “father”, becoming a welcome presence in the lab and in the home. Between you, Nitori, and Lumiere (and perhaps Takiko at times), there was nothing you three couldn’t accomplish if you put your mind to it.

During the course of your life, you managed to write many books on scientific subjects in Gensokyo. A few of them dealt with local flora and fauna, with your first being a book on fairies, while many others dealt with outside world knowledge or theories on the inner workings of Gensokyo itself. There were only a handful of people around who were actually interested in the books, but if the border were to collapse some day, you’d hope that someone on the outside would find your work.

And, after a long life, you finally passed away with only one regret; leaving your family behind. But, even in Gensokyo, losing your mortality meant losing your humanity, at least in some way. You’d already lost enough of your mind; anything else would have made you downright kooky. Mad scientist was a fine level for you, as opposed to gibbering immortal. And, besides; if you had not been able to explain the practicality of wearing a lab coat, who would have?

SCIENCE GOOD END REACHED
===============================
...and that’s that. 100,000 words in, it’s finished. This is why I feel bad about skipping the h-scene; it was originally planned to be part of the ending, Anyway, I’ve got two options, as discussed in the prior thread. We can either continue this story, a year or so forward in time (implying no character routes, as you already have Nitori. Just another adventure), or you can start over from the beginning. Either way, I’m going to break until at least thanksgiving break on this story. I hope you enjoyed reading it, and I’ll answer any questions you guys may have.
[ ] Chapter 2 after break.
[ ] SCIENCE V2 after a break.
>> No. 7414
[ ] Chapter 2 after break.

I need some Lumiere exposition.
>> No. 7415
[x] Chapter 2 after break.

>SCIENCE GOOD END REACHED

FUCK YEAH.
>> No. 7416
[x] Chapter 2 after break.
>> No. 7417
[x] Chapter 2 after break.

Great work, but next time I hope you don't skip scenes. I'm not just talking about the h-scene with Nitori, but the breakfast in bed scene would have been nice. It would also have been touching to have a last dialogue of Nitori at your bedside during the final moments of your life.

And of course, this is Gensokyo; science is not needed to have human + kappa = halfbreed, or in other words, a "mutant retard monkeyfishfrog baby"(Southpark reference; don't pay it too much attention).

Also, a side-story of father-daughter ecchiness would be epic.

Loved the story so far; I look forward to the continuation. :)
>> No. 7418
SCIENCE GOOD END REACHED

HOORAY!/

Congrats Klay on finishing a delightfully scientific, fun, and always interesting story.
>> No. 7419
[x] Chapter 2 after break.
>> No. 7420
[x] Chapter 2 after break.

Delicious SCIENCE.
>> No. 7421
[ ] Chapter 2 after break.

Happiness~
>> No. 7422
Great story
Congrats on route complete, few stories make it all the way to end.

[X] Chapter 2 after break

Science family solving incidents
>> No. 7423
[X] Chapter 2 after break

I've already got the opening scene:

"Lumiere Nye who was Bill Nye's daughter was one day in an office typing on a computer. She got an email from her father that said that aliens and monsters were attacking his place and aksed her for help so she went....."
>> No. 7424
Hooray for good ending.

>[ ] SCIENCE V2 before a break.

Hmm...nah, won't win.

[ ] SCIENCE V2 after a break.

Won't win too, but I want Hina's tights.
>> No. 7425
>>7424
>tights
You mean thighs?
>> No. 7426
[†] SCIENCE V2 after a break.

Good job man! I like to play a Hina route too so V2 is my vote.
>> No. 7427
>>7425

Err, yes, I did. I just forgot to type the first 'h', that's all.
>> No. 7428
>>7427

Are you sure you weren't just thinking about her in tights?
>> No. 7429
[ ] SCIENCE V2 after a break.

DO WANT Hina route.
>> No. 7430
[X] SCIENCE V2 after a break.
>> No. 7431
[X] SCIENCE V2+ after a break, not quite a sequel but not quite the same. I'd like to see some Lumiere in action, but continuing straight on with that wonderful ending already in place doesn't seem right either.
>> No. 7432
[X] Chapter 2 after break
>> No. 7433
With this lazy hand I cast my vote:

[X] SCIENCE! V2 after a break
>> No. 7434
[ ] SCIENCE V2 after a break.
>> No. 7438
[ ] Chapter 2 after break.

Heh, I think this is the first time I voted in this whole story.
>> No. 7443
[x] SCIENCE V2 after a break.
>> No. 7444
[X] Chapter 2 after break

I want V2, but if there is still more to this then I'd like to see it.
>> No. 7453
[X] Chapter 2 after break, plus fix missing data from Chapter 1.

and some sort of sacrifice end is needed.
Emergency Sign 「WMD, my position」
>> No. 7475
[x]New Game
[x]Kick Me challenge
[x]Hard Mode
>> No. 7489
[x] SCIENCE V2 after a break.
>> No. 7495
[x] chapter 2
>> No. 7496
[x] SCIENCE V2 after a break.
>> No. 7519
wow. I actually read the whole thing in a day.

Chapter 2. we can do V2 after that.
>> No. 7547
[X] SCIENCE V2 after a break.

Gah, can't believe I forgot to vote for this. But yeah, Bill's attained his reward in this timeline. Let's get working on another~
>> No. 7551
Too bad there isn't a Moriya route in SCIENCE, I'd like to see Klaymen's view of Kanako.
>> No. 7637
>>7551 And some Yasaka too, but i really want a Hina route first.