[Return]
Archived Thread

File 122049724954.jpg - (97.64KB , 600x855 , 44f43a13bec72cf79d9be3cadca4f06e.jpg ) [iqdb]
6230 No. 6230
[x] "Initiative, situational awareness, and results!" Ruffle her hair. "Keep that up and you'll make mission commander, someday.”

"Initiative, situational awareness, and results!" You reach over to and up ruffle her hair. She laughs, but pulls away and out of your reach quickly. You continue. "Keep that up and you'll make mission commander, someday.”

“Hahaha... I hope not.” She shrugs. “This place is kind of depressing.”

“Yeah.” You sigh. “War zones generally are.” Who the enemy is, you’re not quite sure... but this is definitely more than a few rioters.

Nitori snuggles closer to you. “Not always. Hey... I’m going to take a nap.” She says, closing her eyes while sliding forward enough for her to rest her head on your lap. “It’ll let the alcohol metab... metabolize. Yeah.”

“Hey, are you sure you should be doing that?” You ask, a bit worried. She doesn’t seem like she’s drunk enough to get alcohol poisoning. You’re not even sure that Kappa can drink too much, but still...

“It’s fine...” She mutters “g‘night, Bill.”

Suika chuckles a bit, seeming entirely unfazed by her drinking spree only ten or so minutes earlier. “Want me to stand guard? You look a bit tired yourself.”

You’re tired, but Suika vocalizing it just drives the point home. You’ve been up for about 18 hours now, and with all the adrenaline that’s been coursing through your veins, you’re quite drained. Going to sleep now would be wonderful. And, with Suika on guard, you wouldn’t have to fear, really. She could wake you up if something went wrong.

[ ] Sleep.
[ ] Don’t sleep.

>> No. 6231
[ ] Sleep

Suika's got our back.
>> No. 6232
[+] Sleep.
Kappa loev, oni moe, guns and alcohol. Does it get any better?
>> No. 6233
[ x ] Sleep.
>> No. 6234
[x] Wait, where did Takiko fly off to?
>> No. 6235
[x] Don’t sleep.

And now, we see the effects of sleep deprivation on youkai-fied humans.
>> No. 6236
[x] Sleep.
[x] Charge Takiko with rousing you when the watch hand hits the appropriate time.
>> No. 6237
[x] Sleep.
>> No. 6238
[X] Sleep.
[X] Charge Takiko with rousing you when the watch hand hits the appropriate time.

Sounds good to me.
>> No. 6239
[X] Sleep.
[X] Charge Takiko with rousing you when the watch hand hits the appropriate time
>> No. 6240
[x] Sleep.
[x] Nestle up with Nitori and Tikako
>> No. 6241
[x] Sleep
>> No. 6242
[x] Sleep.
[x] Nestle up with Nitori and Tikako
D'awwwwwww
>> No. 6243
>>6232

It could, if we had a robot girl with us.
Then, it would be COMPLETE.

[X] Sleep
>> No. 6248
[Q] Sleep

To decend down into the deepest void of one's mind, only to return with strength anew.
>> No. 6249
[x] Sleep.

You let out a long, drawn-out yawn. Sleep. Sleep is a wonderful idea. The hard floor of the garage isn’t exactly optimal, but it’ll do. You’re not sure how soon Nitori will wake up, so sleeping in the car is out of the question.

“Hey, Suika? Could you un-shrink my clothes?”

“Huh?” She turns form her stance of looking out towards the city. “Oh, sure.”

She tosses the ball onto the ground a short distance from you, and it soon regains its prior shape as a pile of clothes. A very cold pile of clothes, but a pile of clothes none the less. You lean over and bring the pile closer.

“Thanks.”

You don’t really want to move Nitori, since she’s sleeping so peacefully. You slowly ease your lap out from under Nitori, replacing it with a wad of shirts. Standing up, you also throw two of your lab coats on top of her. It should be enough to keep her warm. Those things trap heat fairly well.

Takiko is still sitting on her perch, writing away furiously at something. She sees you looking, so you speak up.

“What’re you writing? Can I see?”

She shakes her head, and then smiles.

“Can I look at it later, then?”

She nods.

You lay down on the floor, near Nitori. Your “pillow” is soon formed from some more clothes, and you cover yourself with the one remaining lab coat. The cement floor is cold, but surprisingly well kept for a garage. There’s not even a hint of oil or grease on the floor.

“Alright, Suika... keep watch. If anyone comes within a block of the building, wake me up.”

“You can count on me,” She says. Her face turns to a fine mist and starts to be blown around a bit by the wind. Soon, her entire body is gone. You close your eyes and are soon drifting off into a deep sleep. You’re very tired. It seems that fiasco last night didn’t count as sleep. Your thoughts swirl around in your head, not making too much sense... but, you’re not really paying attention, either. Soon, the darkness envelopes you, and you fall into sleep.

Pick one:
[ ] Q
[ ] W
[ ] E
[ ] R
>> No. 6250
[] T
[] Y
QWERTY?

[x] Q
Secret agent time!
Bond. Covalent Bond.
>> No. 6251
[?] Q
>> No. 6252
[Q] Q

Ahaha HAHAHA AHAHAHAHA!
>> No. 6254
File 122055116997.jpg - (32.35KB , 576x432 , q.jpg ) [iqdb]
6254
>>6252
Oh, do you find something funny?
>> No. 6258
[x] Q

Omnipotence, yea.
>> No. 6259
[X] W

I'm different!
>> No. 6260
[x] Q

>>6250
>Bond. Covalent Bond.
I giggled.
>> No. 6261
[x] Q – Quiet. Too quiet.

You wake up after a dreamless sleep, but not to someone’s voice or noises of the car being worked on. It’s quite quiet, actually. The only noise is from the crickets and the occasional distant gunfire. Your sleep schedule is by no means in synch with your location, so it’s still quite early... or late, depending on who you ask. You sit up. You’re feeling a little stiff from sleeping on the concrete floor, but you’ll manage. Your leg, however, seems to be feeling much better. The claws extent and retract with no effort at all.

You can’t really see much in the garage. The silhouette of the car has definitely changed, but it’s difficult to pinpoint how. It’s a bit more bulky, but that’s about all you can discern. Pulling out your pen light, Nitori seems to be missing. It’s strange. No one is here... even Takiko seems to be missing. It’s much to quiet here.

[ ] Maybe they’re outside. Take a peek.
[ ] “Hey, is anybody out there?”
[ ] Lay back down.
>> No. 6262
[ ] “Hey, is anybody out there?”
>> No. 6263
[X] “Hey, is anybody out there?”

"C'mon, you guys, this isn't funny anymore..."
>> No. 6264
[ ] Maybe they’re outside. Take a peek.
>> No. 6265
[ ] Maybe they’re outside. Take a peek.
[ ] Somethings up, stay alert.
>> No. 6267
[+] Maybe they’re outside. Take a peek.
[+] Somethings up, stay alert.
>> No. 6268
[x] Maybe they’re outside. Take a peek.
[x] Somethings up, stay alert.
>> No. 6269
[X] “Hey, is anybody out there?”
>> No. 6270
[X] Maybe they’re outside. Take a peek.
[X] Somethings up, stay alert.
>> No. 6271
[X] Tactical espionage time.
>> No. 6272
[X] Maybe they’re outside. Take a pee
>> No. 6275
>>6272

NIGGER.WORK. TO. BACK

[ x ] Maybe they’re outside. Take a peek.
>> No. 6277
>>6275
WORK. SUMBITTED.

DAYS. SEE YOU IN. COUPLE. A.
>> No. 6278
[x] Maybe they’re outside. Take a peek.

Mysterious. Maybe they’re outside for some reason? You asked Suika to wake you if anything happened, but... well, it wouldn’t hurt to check. You start walking to the open garage door, being careful to not stumble on the various things strewn about the floor that seem to have appeared overnight. Nitori seems to have found the gas welder all right, along with a multitude of other tools.

Peeking outside, you’re greeted with an almost full moon hanging high in the sky, illuminating this part of the city in a pale light. All of the street lights and building lights are out due to the power outage, giving the entire city a very dead feeling.

Looking around, you don’t see anything moving. No Suika, no Nitori, no Takiko... very odd. Maybe they’re out in the street somewhere? You walk out to check, being as quiet as possible. Nothing. Nothing in either direction. What’s going on? It’s like a bad dream, or something---

*CRASH*

Something loud smashes into the ground behind you. Instead of running away, like you would have before, your thoughts take off like a bullet. You groan. Within seconds, you manage to figure out the exact distance behind you that the object landed, approximately what it’s made of and how much it weighs, and hundreds of other probable properties. It takes great effort to box back in the flood of information, to hold it from overtaking you completely. You eventually manage, and turn around. Why are pieces of metal falling out of the sky, anyway?

“Good morning, Bill!”

Nitori is floating ten or twenty feet in the air, silhouetted by the early morning sky. You can barely make her out. Next to her is another floating object, presumably Takiko. The object is a car of some kind. Why she’s dropped a car here, you’re not quite sure.

“Sorry...” she laughs a little, floating down towards you. Takiko follows. She seems to be missing her bag... perhaps she left it inside? Nitori continues. “It slipped. Did you sleep well?”

“Not really.” You reach down and rub your lower back. “Concrete isn’t exactly optimal bedding.”

[ ] “How about you?”
[ ] “What’s the car for?”
[ ] “How goes the project?”
[ ] “Where's Suika?”
>> No. 6279
[ ] “How about you?”
[ ] “What’s the car for?”
[ ] “How goes the project?”
[ ] “Where's Suika?”

Wall me.
>> No. 6280
[+] “How about you?”
[+] “What’s the car for?”
[+] “How goes the project?”
[+] “Where's Suika?”
>> No. 6281
[†] “How about you?”
[†] “What’s the car for?”
[†] “How goes the project?”
[†] “Where's Suika?”
>> No. 6282
[ ] “How about you?”
[ ] “What’s the car for?”
[ ] “How goes the project?”
[ ] “Where's Suika?”
>> No. 6283
[x] “How about you?”
[x] “How goes the project?”
[x] “Where's Suika?”

Culled one option.
>> No. 6284
[ ] “How about you?”
[ ] “What’s the car for?”
[ ] “How goes the project?”
[ ] “Where's Suika?”
>> No. 6285
[ ] “How about you?”
[ ] “What’s the car for?”
[ ] “How goes the project?”
[ ] “Where's Suika?”

Ask them all.
>> No. 6286
[x] “How about you?”
[x] “What’s the car for?”
[x] “How goes the project?”
[x] “Where's Suika?”
>> No. 6287
[X] “How about you?”
[X] “How goes the project?”
[X] “Where's Suika?”

Car's for the project, presumably, so yeah.
>> No. 6290
She's probably going to part out that car to help reinforce the one she's working on now.
>> No. 6291
Hmm. Making judicious use of Suika's density manipulation, we could end up driving around a car with steel plating no thicker than usual, yet denser and more protective than tank armor.
>> No. 6292
>>6291

>yet denser and more protective than tank armor

I suppose you forgot the fact that a car engine isn't a tank engine.
>> No. 6293
>>6292
Nor the frame fit to handle the weight without customisation. We'd have to find new tires as well, I don't think regular ones are designed to handle the extra weight. (Of course this is dependent on precisely how much armour we want, but meh.)
>> No. 6294
[x] “How about you?”
[x] “What’s the car for?”
[x] “How goes the project?”
[x] “Where's Suika?”

“How about you? Did you sleep well? Have fun last night?”

She looks a little embarrassed and doesn’t say anything for a while. “I guess. I can’t remember most of it, though. Did we... get into a battle, or something?”

You laugh. She doesn’t remember all that? Well, it’s fine. Drunken banter is usually pretty embarrassing, and it’s a little too early to pull that kind of material out. You decide to put off telling her until she asks.

“Not really. Suika helped in one a short distance away, but we were... safe. Where is she, anyway?”

“Right here.”

You turn around to face the new voice, and find yourself facing a faintly illuminated fog. It sounds like Suika.

“I’m keeping watch, so don’t worry.”

You give the fog a thumbs up. “Awesome. You’ve got the whole block covered?”

“Yep. I’m pretty low density right now.”

You wonder how the mechanics behind her voice work. Mist should not be able to speak. You’ll worry about it later.

“So...” you turn back to Nitori, who is now accompanied by Takiko. It’s clear she doesn’t have her notepad. “What’s the car for? And how is the project going?”

“Oh, this?” She motions back to the car she’s looted from who knows where. “I needed some more scrap metal and some parts. Our car is getting kind of heavy, so I’ve got to make the engine more efficient.”

“So, it’s getting close to being done, then?”

“Yep.” She nods, sounding happy. “It’ll be done before dawn, probably.”

You laugh. “You guys have been pretty busy while I’ve been sleeping. I’m impressed.”

“It’s nothing, really,” Nitori says, “Takiko and I have spent most of the time finding parts. There was only a bit of scrap in the back.”

“You made sure that they were unused, right? I’d hate to think you trapped someone else in this hellhole.”

“Sure, sure.” She waves dismissively, “I only took the ones that were unusable. Three or four flat tires, ones that had been burned, that kind of thing. This one... well,” she motions to the car “the axel is broken. That is what the call the part that connects the two back wheels, right?”

“Right.”

“Well... I’m going to get to work. Do you wanna help? I could use some.”

[ ] “Of course, if you could find a lamp or something.”
[ ] “No, thanks. I can’t really see in the dark.”
>> No. 6295
[ ] “Of course, if you could find a lamp or something.”
>> No. 6296
[†] “Of course, if you could find a lamp or something.”
>> No. 6297
[ ] “Of course, if you could find a lamp or something.”
>> No. 6298
[ ] “Of course, if you could find a lamp or something.”
>> No. 6299
[ ] "Of course"
[ ] use the Youkai leg lamp
>> No. 6300
[ ] “Of course, if you could find a lamp or something.”
>> No. 6301
[x] “Of course, if you could find a lamp or something.”

“Of course, if you could find a lamp, or a flashlight, or something.” You shrug. “I don’t know about you, but I can’t see in the dark.”

“Oh, right... sometimes I forget,” Nitori says, giggling a bit. “I think I found one inside the garage earlier. A flashlight, that is. Come on, we’ll go get it.”

She extends her hand. You hesitate in grabbing it for just a moment. Definitely not what you were expecting.

“What?” She asks, a slightly mocking tone in her voice. “I’m feeling really good today.”

“What a coincidence,” You say, grabbing her hand, “So do I.”

She starts to lead you back into the garage. “Oh? Why’s that?”

“Well, for starters, my leg is healed.” You say.

“Ah, really?” Nitori says, relived. “I thought it would be, but... well, I wasn’t sure.”

“It’s in great shape. I don’t think I’ll need the cane anymore,” You say, continuing on, “But, the real reason today is great, is because we’ll be getting out of this city. I doubt the countryside will be this terrible, and if things go as planned, we’ll be able to make it to CERN by tonight. Will that car still go as fast as it did? I’m a bit worried about travel time...”

The three of you make it to the interior, with Nitori leading you to a workbench off to the side. “Oh, it should. That’s why I’m improving the engine, the tires, the frame... really, it’s a lot different than when I started.”

The garage is dark. It’s slightly irritating... you hate being blind. You hear Nitori digging around the bench, searching for the flashlight, so you don’t bother. “Cool. I’d like to see it.”

Soon, she finds and turns on the flashlight, causing you to squint. It’s a fairly bright one. After your eyes get adjusted she hands it to you. “Sorry,” she says, “Was it too bright?”

“Not really, it’s... whoa.”

You shine your flashlight over the car... though you could hardly call it that anymore. You slept through all this? Impressive. It’s some hideous monstrosity with hundreds of welds, definitely something fitting of a post-apocalyptic wasteland. Armor plating, spikes jutting out of the front and the sides... this thing has it all.

“Do you like it?”

“I... uh, you really built this in a night?”

She giggles. “Yeah. I’ll admit that it’s a bit over the top, but it’ll work, won’t it?”

“How do we... get in?” You ask, craning your neck to look for an entrance. To you, it looks like a seamless brick of metal. Nitori’s skill in welding is superb.

“Oh, there’s a door on the driver’s side.” She says, laughing. “But it’s kind of difficult to open. You’d have to know what you’re doing, and... it’s not complete yet.” She laughs. “You’re not allowed to peek.”

“Aww... but that’s fine, I guess.” You’re thoroughly impressed. This thing looks like it could run through some infantry ranks, or even take a few rockets. “What else needs to be done?”

“Ah... well, we need a few internal parts yet, but most of the structural work is done. You’ll mostly be handing me tools and stuff.” Nitori’s position shifts. You can tell

You shine your light back, bringing Takiko and Nitori into view. “All right. Takiko, are you going to help?”

“Really, it’s a two person job...” Nitori adds, “But I think we can find something for her to do.”

The three of you get to work. Your job consists mostly of handing Nitori tools and staying out of the way, while Takiko’s consists of carrying the lighter parts. Most of the parts seem to be from the onboard computer system in the car she acquired; it’s very new, and someone paid a lot of money for it at some point. You talk about inconsequential things, but eventually...

“So, what was I up to last night?” Nitori finally asks during a little break. “I hope it wasn’t anything too embarrassing. Takiko wouldn’t write it for me and Suika... well, she didn’t answer me earlier. She’s been in mist form since I woke up.”

[ ] Tell her the truth, and be blunt. This’ll be hilarious.
[ ] Tell her the truth, but make it sound less embarrassing for her.
[ ] Don’t tell her the truth.
>> No. 6302
[ ] Tell her the truth, but make it sound less embarrassing for her.
>> No. 6303
[ ] Tell her the truth, and be blunt. This’ll be hilarious.
>> No. 6304
[X] Tell her the truth, but make it sound less embarrassing for her.

We embarrassed her at every turn in Gensokyo. Time to let up, I'd say.
>> No. 6305
[X] Tell her the truth, and be honest. Add that you liked it, and she should relax more often.
>> No. 6306
[X] Tell her the truth, and be honest. Add that you liked it, and she should relax more often.

Not that she's often over-tense, but yeah.
>> No. 6307
[X] Tell her the truth, and be honest. Add that you liked it, and she should relax more often.
>> No. 6308
[X] Tell her the truth, and be honest. Add that you liked it, and she should relax more often.
>> No. 6315
X] Tell her the truth, and be honest. Add that you liked it, and she should relax more often.
>> No. 6318
[x] Tell her the truth, and be honest. Add that you liked it, and she should relax more often.

You offer up a story of what happened last night. Nitori ends up frowning when you make it to the part where she was ready to go outside and look for you. It only gets worse as the story goes on.

“I... did all that?” She finally asks at the end, her voice quiet.

“You did.” Looking back to her, you add, “I rather liked it. You should cut loose more often.”

“Maybe I should,” she agrees, “It sounds like I liked it, too.”

“Although... I do wonder what you meant by 'a little something more'.”

You're honestly curious. There are a few degrees that that statement could imply, although you're not adverse to any of them. Nitori doesn't answer for a while, and it doesn't feel like she will. The two of you are sitting near each other, close enough that you can lean over and plant a kiss on her cheek. If she won't take the initiative, perhaps you should...?

[ ] Screw the cheek, go for the mouth. It works in the movies, right?
[ ] Do so. Plant a modest kiss on her cheek.
[ ] Forget it.
>> No. 6319
[†] Do so. Plant a modest kiss on her cheek.

If it work the movies then probably work the VN-s too. Also she said she love you too. I don't think she dont like it.
>> No. 6320
>>6319
>VN-s
...Were did I put my shotgun?

[Q] Do so. Plant a modest kiss on her cheek.
>> No. 6321
>>6320
...And my grammer/spelling/common sense?
>> No. 6323
{X} Do so. Plant a modest kiss on her cheek.

Kappa kissing, hooray!
>> No. 6324
[z] Do so. Plant a modest kiss on her cheek.
>> No. 6325
File 122090112373.png - (233.99KB , 512x485 , 8efd3d03cc3d40a28b97d8f62d98d89c.png ) [iqdb]
6325
[x] Do so. Plant a tender kiss on her cheek.
[x] Stay close, look into her eyes and gauge her reaction. If she seems okay with it, go for the mouth.

Finally!
>> No. 6326
[X] A rose appears out of nowhere in your mouth, you push Nitori gently backwards so that you hold her body up, your faces mere centimeters from each other. Taking the rose out of your mouth with your free hand you quip. "This rose is like you in one aspect, it is beautiful like the dawn sky reflected on a mountain stream." You plant a gentle kiss on her mouth, never breaking the eyecontact. "Will you marry me, Nitori?"
>> No. 6328
>>6326
Oh Shit i moved!
>> No. 6329
[x] Do so. Plant a tender kiss on her cheek.
[x] Stay close, look into her eyes and gauge her reaction. If she seems okay with it, go for the mouth
>> No. 6330
[x] Do so. Plant a tender kiss on her cheek.
[x] Stay close, look into her eyes and gauge her reaction. If she seems okay with it, go for the mouth.

Poor blue kappa is going to turn all red.
>> No. 6331
[x] Do so. Plant a tender kiss on her cheek.
[x] Stay close, look into her eyes and gauge her reaction. If she seems okay with it, go for the mouth.
>> No. 6332
[z] Do so. Plant a tender kiss on her cheek.
[z] Stay close, look into her eyes and gauge her reaction. If she seems okay with it, go for the mouth.

Tender kiss givan and reaction gaugin gaems
>> No. 6333
The update is half written, but I'm tired... so I'll finish writing it tomorrow.

And, I'd like to apologize for the slow updates. I'm hoping I'll be able to pick up the pace, as switching between this and homework seems to do well for both of them. Distractions are awesome.
>> No. 6334
>>6333
Don't sweat it, at least you're not a talentless shitstain like tetro, nine or vodka who update almost never.
>> No. 6335
>>6334

tsuntsun
>> No. 6336
>>6334

You forgot me. How can there be writefag bashing without bashing YAF?
>> No. 6337
>>6336
The complaint was about update frequency, you update often, thus were left out.
>> No. 6338
[x] Do so. Plant a modest kiss on her cheek.
[x] Stay close, look into her eyes and gauge her reaction. If she seems okay with it, go for the mouth.

Perfect. This is the time. You reach over and plant a gentle kiss on her cheek, but don’t pull away immediately. Her gaze meets yours, bearing a look of shock There are a few other emotions mixed in, but none of them seem to include repulsion... so you decide to continue.

“Like that? Or did you mean... this?”

She lets out a muffled cry as your lips meet hers, but more out of shock than anything else. She doesn’t offer any resistance. Her eyes close for a second, as if trying to accept the fact that this is actually happening. Eventually, she really starts to get into it.

The kiss... lasts for a very long time. It’s wonderful. It’s been a long time since you’ve been this close to a woman. You've almost forgotten what it's like. Physics has been the main focus of your life for a long time, and has always been more important than social relations.

The kiss ends naturally, both of you agreeing to break it off through unseen body language. Oddly enough, Nitori is the first to speak.

“You're... very good.” Quietly giggling, she looks away adds, “Just like I imagined.”

[ ] Suave write-in.
>> No. 6340
[X] "Years of study enhanced by youkai power, and yet I still could never have conceived of such a pleasant sensation..."

Nitori~. Love you~.
>> No. 6341
I know some other more enjoyable things.. But first is the mission.
>> No. 6342
[X] "Only because I was able to kiss you. It wouldn't feel natural otherwise. You're my muse, my chemical reactant, my catalyst. The formula would be incomplete without you."

What can I say, they have chemistry~
>> No. 6343
File 122098061156.jpg - (51.29KB , 250x355 , castle shikigami 2.jpg ) [iqdb]
6343
>>6341

“...I like girls, but now, it's about justice.”

>>6340

Let's fine-tune that to make it sound more natural.

[X] "Not even years of study enhanced by youkai power could have prepared me for that...."
>> No. 6344
>>6342
Urgh, that's so corny I feel like my ears bleed syrup.
>> No. 6345
[x] "That was... better than cucumbers."
>> No. 6346
>>6344
just as planned.

>>6345
lol'd
>> No. 6347
[x] "Better than cucumbers?"
If she hesitates:
[x] Laugh, "Not yet, huh? I guess I'll have to do better."
>> No. 6348
[Q] "Better than cucumbers?"
If she hesitates:
[Q] Laugh, "Not yet, huh? I guess I'll have to do better."

Nice.
>> No. 6349
[Q] "Better than cucumbers?"
If she hesitates:
[Q] Laugh, "Not yet, huh? I guess I'll have to do better."

YES
>> No. 6350
[X] "Better than cucumbers?"
If she hesitates:
[X] Laugh, "Not yet, huh? I guess I'll have to do better."

Ha ha, PERFECT.
>> No. 6351
[X] "Better than cucumbers?"
If she hesitates:
[X] Laugh, "Not yet, huh? I guess I'll have to do better.

XD
>> No. 6352
[X] "Better than cucumbers?"
If she hesitates:
[X] Laugh, "Not yet, huh? I guess I'll have to do better."

Haha, smooth.
>> No. 6353
[X] "Better than cucumbers?"
If she hesitates:
[X] Laugh, "Not yet, huh? I guess I'll have to do better."

Excellent.
>> No. 6354
[X] "Better than cucumbers?"
If she hesitates:
[X] Laugh, "Not yet, huh? I guess I'll have to do better."
>> No. 6355
[x] "Better than cucumbers?"
If she hesitates:
[x] Laugh, "Not yet, huh? I guess I'll have to do better. “

“Was it better than cucumbers?” You ask, donning a grin.

“I... what?” She asks, suddenly laughing.

You laugh. “Not yet, huh? I guess I'll have to do better...”

Nitori's eyes go wide again. You're not serious, but she seems to be taking it that way. “N-no, not with...” she becomes quieter, considering what would come next, “...not with Takiko or Suika around.”

“Relax,” You offer, still laughing lightly. “I wouldn't do that. Not here. Now, then...” You stand up, squinting to look for Takiko and the flashlight. She's pretty high up in the air, it seems, hanging out somewhere in the ceiling. You hadn't even noticed her backing off. “Shall we get back to work?”

“A-ah, right...” Nitori says, standing up as well. “It wouldn't be good to be resting while my assistants work, would it?”

You get back to work. Takiko, as you learn via a note she writes while not busy, is smart enough to realize when two people are better off alone. That's why she was so far away. The work goes smoothly, though you spend most of it sitting around while Nitori fiddles around with the inside of the car. Dawn comes, though it doesn't help the interior lighting at all. The building faces west, apperently.

“Ahh... I think it's finally complete,” Nitori finally says from somewhere underneath the dash. “We've now got a camera system hooked up to deal with the reduced visibility brought on by the armor.” She crawls out and gets out of the car. “I'll let you do the honors.”

“Sure, but let's find Suika, first.” You shrug. “I want to get out of here as soon as possible.”

“Someone called?”

You turn around to find a very misty, ethereal face looking at you. It slowly forms into a head, and then a body... and is clearly Suika.

“Watch was pretty boring,” She says, yawning, “Nothing happened. A few flying things went by overnight, but that was about it.”

“It's good that nothing did happen,” you add in, “We're trying to avoid direct conflict.”

“So... are we ready?” Nitori asks, a bit impatiently, “I want to see if it works. Everything should be in order, but we won't know till we try it.”

“I'm ready. Everyone else?”

Takiko and Suika nod.

“Great. Let me throw my clothes and the gas in the back, and we'll be on our way.”

The trunk, it seems, has been eliminated, so the back really means the back seat. The interior is not at all similar to before. The seats, the steering wheel, and the dash are the only things not changed or reinforced in some way, generally by metal tubing, giving the interior a very dune-buggy feel... except for the fact that the whole thing is inside a spacious metal shell. There are no windows. Instead, you've got high-resolution TV monitors surrounding the thing.

You turn the key, and the monstrosity roars to life. It literally roars; it's much louder than before, like a very big truck. The screens all come to life, giving you a mostly black view of the surroundings, since... well, the garage is dark.

“Pretty cool, huh?” You hear Nitori ask from the passenger seat, but only just barely.

You reach for the door. “Hold on a second, I'm going to grab some ear protection.” There's no need to go deaf.

“It's too loud, then?” Nitori asks, looking a little glum.

“Yeah. My ears are sort of sensitive, too.”

Thankfully, like any well stocked garage, there are plenty of forms of ear protection to chose from. You grab some earmuffs, and get back in.

“Much better,” You say loudly.

Nitori doesn't say anything in response, while Suika and Takiko are playing a game that looks disturbingly like mercy in the back seat. You pull out of the garage without trouble, though the acceleration is fairly poor. This thing is built like a tank, and now you've got to decide which route to take. Oddly enough, you remember most of the major highways in Germany and Switzerland, and you should be able to get onto one from the southwest side of Munich.

[ ] Stick to the outskirts of town.
[ ] Direct line, which would take you through downtown.
>> No. 6356
[Q] Stick to the outskirts of town.

No sense driving a war machine through the middle of a conflict zone.
>> No. 6357
>>6355
[X] Stick to the outskirts of town.
>> No. 6358
>>6355
>Suika and Takiko are playing a game that looks disturbingly like mercy in the back seat.
...How is that possible?
>> No. 6359
[X] Stick to the outskirts of town.
>> No. 6360
[X] Stick to the outskirts of town.

No sense looking for trouble.
>> No. 6361
>>6358
Mini-Suika. Even so, she should have Takiko in tears right off the bat....My guess is it's not mercy.

[X] Stick to the outskirts of town.
>> No. 6362
>>6355
>>Takiko, as you learn via a note she writes while not busy, is smart enough to realize when two people are better off alone.

When that's one of the best times to pull a prank? Methinks the fairy has leveled up. Or they're more in tune with their surroundings than initially thought. Either way, Takiko has my vote for best writefag created character so far.
>> No. 6363
>>6361>>6362
I still wish he'd be more descriptive about Takiko and her adorable antics.
>> No. 6364
[X] Direct line, which would take you through downtown.

Shortest distance between two points. Besides, we're driving a tank, and I don't expect the outskirts would be exactly uneventful, either.
>> No. 6365
[X] Stick to the outskirts of town.
>> No. 6366
>>6351
>XD

щ(゚Д゚щ)
>> No. 6367
[X] Direct line, which would take you through downtown.

Because danger is most exhilarating, and also, you'd thought someone would've predicted that people are going to avoid the downtown area, and set up blockades on the outskirts.
>> No. 6368
[x] Stick to the outskirts of town.

Eh.
>> No. 6369
[x] Direct line, which would take you through downtown.

VROOM VROOM
SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT
GTA MOTHERFUCKERS
>> No. 6370
I didn't actually mean mercy. It seems I filled in the name at random... and I can't remember the name of the one I was really thinking of.
============================================
[x] Stick to the outskirts of town.

When you make it to the next intersection, you decide to turn towards the outskirts of town. It'll take a little longer, but it might be safer. It also might not be... but you'd rather not think about that.

Suika and Takiko... well, their game seems to not have been Mercy. You really weren't paying that much attention. It's a reactionary game, where one tries to slap the other's hand... while the other tries to pull their hand back. Neither of them seem to have gotten hit yet. You hope Suika isn't being too rough.

The outskirts of town are pretty barren of anything. You don't want to go too far out of the way, so you end up going through some of the newer shopping districts. If there's gunfire going on, you're not able to hear nor see it. Your vehicle keeps on plodding onward, fearing nothing. You've simply run over most of the debris in the street under Nitori's guidance. This thing really is built like a tank.

You've almost made it to the highway when you run into your first real trouble. There seem to be a group of burned-out vehicles, arranged in a single-file wall, blocking the road. It looks suspiciously like a trap. You pull to a stop at the nearest intersection, giving yourself two escape points. Three, really, if this thing can go in reverse.

“What do you make of this, Nitori?” You ask, pointing to one of the monitors. “Do you think I could ram this and get through?”

Nitori looks like she's thinking, and eventually speaks up. “It should. That's what the wedge on the front is for.”

“Great. Everyone, brace for impact.” No one is paying attention, so you add. “Seriously. You'll regret it if you don't”

You push the pedal down as far as it'll go. Thankfully, Nitori hadn't removed the seat belts either. The machine takes off like a lumbering bear, slowly gaining speed and momentum. You aim for a spot between two of the cars. The Nitorimobile smashes into the wall of vehicles, hardly losing momentum. It's much smoother than you had imagined, almost as if someone had gotten the angle on the wedges just right.

The cars move out of the way, and you continue onward, but there's an annoying pattering noise coming from the top of the vehicle... almost like heavy rain on a tin roof. You ignore it, but eventually realize... it's gunfire. You're being shot at. Hit, even, and it's not doing anything. Laughter ensues.

“What's so funny?” Nitori asks, cocking her head.

“Nothing. This car is awesome.”

You get a mile or so down the currently highway before anything else happens. Soon, you've got two vehicles off to the side of yours; both of them are lighter pick-up trucks with people in the back. The one in front has a uniformed driver, while everyone else is in rather normal, if a little ratty, looking clothes. They all seem to be armed with AK-47's, though someone in the rear vehicle has a weapon that looks disturbingly like an RPG.

[ ] Ram the rear vehicle, try to force it off the road.
[ ] Ram the front vehicle, try to force it off the road..
[ ] Try to squeeze between them, potentially spinning out both of them.
>> No. 6371
>>you've got high-resolution TV monitors surrounding the thing

SUP' DAWG, WE PUT SOME HD TVS IN YO' RIDE SO YOU CAN WATCH WHILE YOU DRIVE
>> No. 6372
[x] Think carefully. What would the A-Team do?
>> No. 6373
[X] Try to squeeze between them, potentially spinning out both of them.
>> No. 6374
[X] Ram the rear vehicle, try to force it off the road.

Bullets are no trouble for us, but a rocket could do more than just damage.
>> No. 6375
[x] Ram the rear vehicle, try to force it off the road.

God damn crit rockets.
>> No. 6376
[ ] "Nitori, does this thing have any weaponry? Now would be the time to use them. Also, do you think this thing can take an RPG hit?"
Nah, that would be boring
[X] Try to squeeze between them, potentially spinning out both of them.
Reckless drivan gaems.
>> No. 6377
[†] Ram the rear vehicle, try to force it off the road.
>> No. 6378
[X] Ram the rear vehicle, try to force it off the road.

If theres anything I've learned from C&C, machine guns suck against armored targets but rockets can actually damage them.
>> No. 6380
[X] Ram the rear vehicle, try to force it off the road.

That RPG is the greatest threat to us now.
>> No. 6381
[X] Ram the rear vehicle, try to force it off the road.
>> No. 6382
[X] Ram the rear vehicle, try to force it off the road.
>> No. 6384
>>6371

Excellent.

[X] Ram the rear vehicle, try to force it off the road.
>> No. 6385
[X] Ram the rear vehicle, try to force it off the road.
[X] Ask Nitori if this behemoth has any weapons attached.
>> No. 6387
[x] Ram the rear vehicle, try to force it off the road.

RPG wielder is a natural target.
>> No. 6389
[x] Ram the rear vehicle, try to force it off the road.

“Nitori, does this thing have any weapons?” You ask, watching the side monitor closely. The people in the vehicles appear to be taunting you.

“Weapons?” She frowns. “Not really, unless you count the vehicle itself...”

“Guess I'll have to do this the old-fashioned way.”

You reduce your speed by a little, bringing yourself in alignment with the rear vehicle. The people in the back, seeing what you're doing, open fire with their small arms... while the guy with the RPG readies a shot. Oddly enough, the people in the front truck don't do anything. You crank the wheel, making a relatively sharp turn, which brings you into contact with the enemy vehicle.

The truck, much lighter than your vehicle, simply flips on it's side when rammed. The RPG misses, sailing high into the air. You manage to maintain control of your vehicle; it's surprisingly easy to handle. The steering is superb.

“Hey, watch it!” You hear Suika yell from the back seat. She doesn't sound angry, just a little shocked. A quick glance back shows that she's on the opposite side of the car that she was before the turn.

“Oh, right... sorry. Hold on, there'll be more.”

The remaining truck has pulled along side you again, but the uniformed driver is watching your vehicle closely. Smiling. Laughing. Just as you're about to try and ram him, he accelerates... and pulls ahead. You miss, and by the time you right yourself, he's far ahead. Too far for you to catch. He gives you a wave out the window, seemingly motioning for you to follow, before moving to take an exit.

[ ] Follow him.
[ ] Continue down the highway towards your destination.
[ ] Try to think of another route, but continue towards your destination.
>> No. 6390
[X] Continue down the highway towards your destination.

Man on a mission, no time for sidetracking.
>> No. 6391
[x] Follow him.

Oho this looks interesting.
>> No. 6392
It's either a trap or a new ally, but this merits following him.

[x]Follow him
>> No. 6393
[X] Continue down the highway towards your destination.
We have a job to do guys, don't get ADD now.
>> No. 6394
[x]Follow him

"Whats the worse that could happen?"
>> No. 6396
[ ] Continue down the highway towards your destination.

Pfft, distraction.
>> No. 6397
[†] Continue down the highway towards your destination.
>> No. 6398
[x]Follow him

Sure, why not?
>> No. 6399
[Q] Continue down the highway towards your destination.
>> No. 6400
>>6394
I don't know, but it certainly wouldn't come to the /worst/, I hope.
>> No. 6401
[X] Continue down the highway towards your destination.
>> No. 6402
[x] Continue down the highway towards your destination.

It's obviously a trap. Those two vehicles were acting with each other, and, by conclusion, that guy was one of the Templar. Hopefully they won't pursue. Had that other vehicle had an RPG-wielding maniac in the back, you'd be in serious trouble.

Looking over, Nitori is being oddly calm. She seems interested in the now-departing vehicle, watching it take off down the exit ramp.

“What's up?” You ask.

“Oh... nothing. He was motioning to you, right?” She asks quizzically, “Why didn't you follow him?”

“It seemed like a trap, and I really don't want to get into any more fighting than we need to. We should stay on the move.”

“That's probably true. And... how powerful was that rocket they had?” She asks, “I wasn't expecting weapons like that.”

“It's an anti-tank weapon.”

“Oh... geeze, I really wasn't expecting something like that,” She says, looking worried. “We should stop somewhere and reinforce the armor.”

“I think we'll be fine.” You give her a smile, then ask jokingly, “But, just in case, does this thing have any cool emergency systems? Perhaps ejection seats, or a self-destruct system?”

“Why would you want to self-destruct?” She asks, not catching your sarcasm. It must not come over well when you're practically yelling. “There is a hatch on top, though, so we can get out if it flips over and lands on the driver's side somehow. There's also one leading out the back, but we'd have to ruin the wiring to open it. It's one use.”

This would have been good to know sooner. “Top-side hatch, huh? That could easily serve as a weapon. Anyone up for being a gunner if someone else shows up?”

Nitori seems to get it. “Gunner? You mean, like, shoot danmaku at them?”

“Yeah, that. It's be enough to knock the rockets down, at least, and possibly scare them off.”

“Oh, I hadn't even thought of that...” Nitori says, shrugging. “Good idea.”

The ride goes on, and on, and on... the countryside is fairly nice, but you've seen it all before. Germany is now behind you, with only Switzerland to cross. It's very eerie; there are no other cars on the road. This entire country seems to be dead.

The highway ends up downsizing and going through a smaller town. About then, you realize... you're thirsty. You've got no water, and although it's autumn outside, the inside of the vehicle is heating up. There are little town all over the place, but getting the water now isn't exactly a terrible idea.

“Hey, Nitori? Do you still have that soda bottle?”

“Oh, yeah... I didn't know what I was supposed to do with it when finished,” She admits, pulling it out of a side pocket to the backpack. “Here.”

“Thanks. Suika, how about that bottle of sake?”

“Well, I drank the sake, but... I've still got the bottle.”

“That's fine.” Good. You've got a few containers now.

Now, where to try first...?

[ ] Find an abandoned house, take some tap water.
[ ] Find a store, get/take some bottled water.
[ ] Find a public fountain.
>> No. 6403
[x] Find a store, get/take some bottled water.
>> No. 6404
[X] Find a store, get/take some bottled water.
>> No. 6405
[†] Find a store, get/take some bottled water.
>> No. 6407
>>6406
Dude, cut the crap. Read the story. It's been some time since any of the three has had anything to eat or drink other than alcohol, and they're riding in an improvised tank (tanks not being notable for possessing air conditioning mechanisms).
It's perfectly normal for them to want to stop for water. Food as well, come to think of it.

[+] Find a store, get/take some bottled water.
[+] And food.
>> No. 6408
[ ] Find a store, get/take some bottled water
>> No. 6409
[ ] Find a store, get/take some bottled water
>> No. 6410
[ ] Find a store, get/take some bottled water
>> No. 6411
[ ] Find a store, get/take some bottled water
[ ] And food
>> No. 6412
[x] Find a store, get/take some bottled water.
[x] And food
-insert witty joke about getting water, food, ect.-
>> No. 6415
>>6406
You could always go for a write-in if you don't agree with my options. Also, updates tomorrow as homework is keeping me from writing.
>> No. 6416
[x] Find a store, get/take some bottled water

Bandwagon.
>> No. 6417
[X] Find a store, get/take some bottled water.
[X] And food.
[X] And maybe some puzzle books or something for the back seat. Gonna be a long drive.
>> No. 6422
[X] Find a store, get/take some bottled water.
[X] And food.
>> No. 6423
[x] Find a store, get/take some bottled water.
[x] And food.

Some sort of convenience store would be best. You decide to keep an eye peeled to look for signs.

Nitori is the first to comment on the change of atmosphere. “This place looks a lot better than that other city we were in,”

You head off in whatever direction your intuition guides you. Eventually, you do find some sort of grocery store. There are two cars in the large parking lot, and the entire place looks rather dead. Was there some sort of mass evacuation? You pull into a spot, near the entrance, and bring the car to a stop.

“So... what's this place?” Suika asks, “Is this where we're going?”

“No. We're just picking up some supplies. Sorry... we've still got a long ways to go.”

Suika frowns, “Aww...”

You pop open the hatch on the side and disembark from the vehicle. Nitori and Suika decide to come with you. Takiko wants to come, too, but she does stay behind when asked. The cloaking device shouldn't be used too heavily, and if there is anyone here... well, a having a fairy with you wouldn't be a good idea.

The doors to the store slide open. They must still have power out here. Even the lights in the store are on. It's a nice change from the grim landscape you just came from.

“Hey, that was pretty cool,” Suika remarks. “So, is this place some sort of giant market?”

“Yeah,” You say, motioning around, “The food gets shipped in from various places, making it easier to get access to. Some of this stuff probably comes from halfway around the world.”

You grab a shopping cart and start your quest for water. Some more food, too, since the bread you've got in the back of the car is incredibly stale. You nearly fill the cart with water, and some foods that would keep well... trail mixes and dried foods, mostly. You also grab a few loaves of bread and a cucumber or two, for Nitori. Spotting a cheap handheld poker game at the end of an isle, you also throw that in.

After you've filled your cart and are making for the exit, you hear something that sounds like footsteps behind you. You ignore it, until...

“I don't recognize you three. What'dya want?”

All three of you turn around, and are greeted with the image of some old man wielding a long-barreled shotgun. He's speaking Swiss, which means he's probably a local. His expression changes once he sees your face.

“You'd better leave. Right now.”

This time, he's speaking in English. It seems he doesn't want to be misunderstood. Not that he would be, toting that weapon around.

[ ] “Hey, uh... can't I pay for this?”
[ ] Obey. You can get stuff elsewhere.
[ ] “Relax. Are you the manager? That's no way to treat customers.”
>> No. 6424
[†] “Relax. Are you the manager? That's no way to treat customers.”
[†] “Hey, uh... can't I pay for this?”
>> No. 6425
[X] “Relax. Are you the manager? That's no way to treat customers.”
[X] “Hey, uh... can't I pay for this?”

Sounds good.
>> No. 6426
[x] “Relax. Are you the manager? That's no way to treat customers.”
[x] “Hey, uh... can't I pay for this?”
>> No. 6427
[X] "Ok, ok, sure boss, whatever you say. But don't you want me to pay for this stuff first?"
>> No. 6428
[x] "Sorry, but I needed to feed my little ones." (Ruffle Nitori and Suika's hair.)
[x] “Hey, uh... can't I pay for this?”
>> No. 6429
[Q] “Relax. Are you the manager? That's no way to treat customers.”
[Q] “Hey, uh... can't I pay for this?”
>> No. 6430
[Q] “Relax. Are you the manager? That's no way to treat customers.”
[Q] “Hey, uh... can't I pay for this?”
>> No. 6431
[x] “Relax. Are you the manager? That's no way to treat customers.”
[x] “Hey, uh... can't I pay for this?”

“Relax,” You say, as calmly as you can while having a shotgun pointed in your direction, “Are you the manager? That's no way to treat customers.”

He raises an eyebrow at this. “You're not customers, you're looters. Leave that stuff here and get out.”

Suika frowns at this.“Hey, we're not looters, we're---”

“Quiet.” He snaps. “You bastards raided my home, burned the place to the ground. My store is the only thing I have left.”

You raise a hand, trying to prevent Suika's retort. She either doesn't catch it, or doesn't care. “I'm not lying! We're not looters. We're just getting some food and water...” She sounds... frustrated. Angry not at this man, but something deeper.

There's some silence, so you cut in. “She's really isn't lying. Look,” You say, reaching into your pocket for your wallet. The guy raises his shotgun, but you ignore it. “I'll pay. It's in American dollars, but I'll pay. I was planning on leaving the money, even if there was no-one here. We don't want any trouble.”

Nitori stays quiet during all this, but also looks a little frustrated. Eventually, the clerk lowers his weapon, his gaze softening a little. He's obviously still suspicious, but at least he's not aiming his boomstick at you anymore. “Fine. First, though, I'd like to know just who the hell you people are. If you're not looters, or one of those Templar thugs, just what are you? You're obviously not from around here.”

[ ] “We're the people that are going to take care of that black hole.”
[ ] “We're with the red cross.”
[ ] “We're just trying to get out of here.”
[ ] “I'd tell you, but you wouldn't believe me.”
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 6434
[x] “We're with the Red Cross. One of our aid shipments was attacked and destroyed by some nut wielding an RPG. Things are so chaotic right now that we don't know when the next supply will arrive. Please sir, people are depending on this food and water.”
[x] Show Red Cross credentials (we have them, right?)

In before immediately leaving the plane comes back to bite us in the ass.
>> No. 6436
[x] “We're with the red cross.”

Shouldn't Bill have Swiss money if he worked at CERN?
>> No. 6437
[x] “We're with the Red Cross. One of our aid shipments was attacked and destroyed by some nut wielding an RPG. Things are so chaotic right now that we don't know when the next supply will arrive. Please sir, people are depending on this food and water.”
[x] Show Red Cross credentials (we have them, right?)
>> No. 6438
[Q] “We're the people that are going to take care of that black hole.”

Then, leave.
>> No. 6439
[x] “We're the people that are going to take care of that black hole.”

Suika, lies, stop, etc.
>> No. 6440
[†] “We're the people that are going to take care of that black hole.”
>> No. 6441
[+] “We're the people that are going to take care of that black hole.”
Bill! Bill! Lying stop! In front of Suika lying stop!
>> No. 6442
[x] “We're the people that are going to take care of that black hole.”

Singularity shuttan-down gaems.
>> No. 6443
[+] “We're the people that are going to take care of that black hole.”
[Addtions]Manly face pose
>> No. 6444
[x] “We're the people that are going to take care of that black hole.”

TIME TO LIVE UP TO MY FAMILY NAME AND FACE FULL LIFE CONSEQUENCES
>> No. 6445
In before he immediately associates us with the Templar and shoots. I mean hell, he obviously is going to think its a lie. Suika should just shrink his gun.
>> No. 6446
>>6445
I didn't think the Templar had anything to do with the black hole. Dealing with it, I mean. Besides, we just finished telling him we weren't with the Templar.
>> No. 6447
>>6446
Its more the problem of making the claim which is seemingly impossible, which will make us look like liars. I guess he would be more likely to think we are looters than Templar, but still. We'd need proof to back this up.
>> No. 6448
>>6447
Good point there, so how about:
[x] “We're the people that are going to take care of that black hole. Suika, shrink his gun as a demonstration.”
>> No. 6449
[x] “We're the people that are going to take care of that black hole. Suika, shrink his gun as a demonstration.”
>> No. 6450
Oh this will only end poorly.

I can't wait.
>> No. 6452
>>6451
Kamina? Is that you? I hear you died like that.
>> No. 6453
>>6452
But he died in wave of pure awesome. 'Sides, this is the first time we're doing it. He survived 8 whole episodes of it.
>> No. 6454
>>6453
And even afterwards, his dreams lived on to become real.

Manly tears!
>> No. 6457
[x] “We're the people that are going to take care of that black hole. Suika, shrink his gun as a demonstration.”

Time to live up to my family name and face FULL LIFE CONSEQUENCES!
>> No. 6458
[x] “We're the people that are going to take care of that black hole.”
[x] Walk dramatically into the sunset.
>> No. 6459
[x] “We're the people that are going to take care of that black hole.”

Flight would probably be a good example of extraordinary ability without freaking him out too much, more so than shrinking his gun.
>> No. 6461
[X] “We're with the Red Cross. One of our aid shipments was attacked and destroyed by some nut wielding an RPG. Things are so chaotic right now that we don't know when the next supply will arrive. Please sir, people are depending on this food and water.”
[X] Show Red Cross credentials (we have them, right?)

We've already explained the necessity of this lie to Suika, I'm sure she'll understand.
>> No. 6462
>>6461
I don't know, she's already pissed off that the guy accused her of lying, and now we're going to lie to him?
>> No. 6463
Update half-written but friday night is D&D night, so yeah... updates tomorrow.
>> No. 6464
[x] “We're the people that are going to take care of that black hole.”
[x] Have Suika shrink something harmless and not high in value.
>> No. 6465
[x] “We're the people that are going to take care of that black hole.”

“We're the people that are going to take care of the black hole. That vehicle is just a car that we armored. Well...” You motion to Nitori. “That she armored. I just slept.”

You say this with a perfectly straight face. It is, after all, the truth. An absurd truth, one the man isn't likely to believe, but... it's the truth. You reach into your wallet and pull out more money than is required. You've still got a lot of left, so being generous here wouldn't hurt. He takes it and gives you a funny look. The look someone would give a madman.

“Anyway, we should be on our way... thank you for the goods, sir.”

You begin pushing the cart away, walking past the guy without saying a word. Your cohorts follow.

“Wait.”

You stop, and turn around to see the store owner looking at you. He's got the shotgun down, but both hands are on it again. “You can't be serious. Normal people don't 'take care of' black holes.”

“Oh, we're hardly normal people,” you say, shrugging. “But normally you'd be right. Just wait. In a few days, you can say you met the group that saved the world.”

You turn around and continue walking. This guy doesn't have to believe you. It doesn't really matter if he does or not; the probability of him shooting you is fairly low at this point. And now that you've paid him, you can leave with no qualms.

The store owner doesn't say anything else, so you continue to ignore him. Once outside, you decide it's time to drop the act.

“What an ass, huh?” You say, turning to Suika. “I guess I can understand his position, but...”

“I can't,” She says, frowning. “Why was he being so rude? We aren't bad guys.”

“Paranoia.” You explain, simply. “His entire world is coming down around him. It's only natural, for him as a human, to try to protect what's left.”

Suika doesn't seem to accept your answer, but doesn't press it any further.

“I'm just glad he let us pay for this,” Nitori adds, “I'm pretty thirsty. And hungry.”

“I am, too.” Suika says, looking over the edge of the cart. “And a lot of this stuff looks delicious.”

It's not quite lunch time, but that little breakfast that you ate wasn't much. You could definitely go for more.

[ ] Suggest a picnic lunch, and bring Takiko along. It might lighten the mood.
[ ] Load this stuff up, and go. They can eat inside the car.
>> No. 6466
[X] Load this stuff up, and go. They can eat inside the car.

Gotta hurry.
>> No. 6467
[X] Load this stuff up, and go. They can eat inside the car.
The sooner we finish this, the sooner we're back in GSK and can eat as many picnic lunches as we can stuff ourselves with.
>> No. 6468
[x] Load this stuff up, and go. They can eat inside the car.
>> No. 6469
{X} Load this stuff up, and go. They can eat inside the car.
>> No. 6470
[X] Load this stuff up, and go. They can eat inside the car.
>> No. 6471
[ ] Load this stuff up, and go. They can eat inside the car.
>> No. 6472
[†] Load this stuff up, and go. They can eat inside the car.
>> No. 6473
[X] Load this stuff up, and go. They can eat inside the car.

Hey, Clay. Can you retcon the car to be a DeLorean?
>> No. 6474
[x] Suggest a picnic lunch, and bring Takiko along. It might lighten the mood.

Because it is the last meal you will have together.
>> No. 6475
>>6473

Awesome idea but DeLoreans are two seaters aren't they?
>> No. 6476
>>6475

I'm pretty sure they managed to fit in three people during much of Back to the Future 2.
>> No. 6477
>>6476

And a dog.

With the engine upgrade we should still be able to reach 88 miles an hour.
>> No. 6478
[x] Load this stuff up, and go. They can eat inside the car.

“Of course it's delicious.” You laugh. “I wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't. Now come on, help me get this all loaded up.”

You pop open the door to the vehicle. Takiko flies out to greet you

The groceries are all loaded with relative speed. There's a little less room in the back seat, but Suika still has room on her side... and Takiko doesn't really need much room. You save the handheld poker game, tossing it on to your seat.

“Everybody in,” You say, motioning to the car, “We've still got a long ways to go. I know you'd all like to stretch your legs more, but...”

Takiko looks a little disappointed, but nods. The other two shrug, and get in without protest.

Sitting down in the driver's seat, you open the poker game and turn it on.

“Here, Suika...” You say, turning around and handing the thing to the Oni. “You ever play poker before? This could help to pass the time.”

“No,” She says, looking at the device curiously. “What is it?”

You briefly explain how to play video poker. Takiko pays attention as well. Maybe you should have bought two of them.

“...so, you see, it's not that complicated.” You say, turning back around to the front of the vehicle. The ear muffs are within reach, so you grab them and put them on. “And could someone get me a bottle of that water?”

The machine roars to life again, just as loud as before. Nitori hands you some water, which you uncap and take a drink of before driving away. Nitori saw fit to remove the cup holders, so you end up holding the bottle between your legs while not drinking.

The town is soon behind you. Nitori eats her cucumbers in relative silence, while you munch on a pre-made sandwich you found in the deli department. Suika is to busy with the game to pay it much mind.

You drive for a few more hours. It's uneventful, boring driving. It might be your imagination, but the grass seems to be getting less green as you go. The sky less blue. It's subtle, but you don't think it's your imagination. It's probably the monitors. Yeah, that's it. The...

“Hm? It looks like we've got more company,” Nitori says, pointing to one of the frontal monitors. She's right. There are two vehicles, going at about half the speed that they would be if they were actually trying to travel someplace. Glancing behind you, you see two more of them entering the highway from side streets... an ambush. They all look filled to the brim with people.

“This isn't good...” you mutter. They're closing in. The vehicles are obviously not miltary issue, yet a good majority of the people in the vehicles are wearing the same clothing. A uniform, probably, of the same colors that the one guy you met just outside of Munich was wearing. You can't make out their weapons at this distance

They're closing, trying to box you in. The shoulder of the road isn't at all friendly for vehicles, ending in a large drainage ditch with a steep slope.

Pick one:
[ ] Have Nitori use the upper hatch for defense.
[ ] Have Suika use the upper hatch for defense.
[ ] Keep the upper hatch closed.

And... pick one:
[ ] Try to get past the front two vehicles before the rear two box you in.
[ ] Try to drop behind the rear two vehicles.
[ ] Pull to the center of the road.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 6479
{X} Keep the upper hatch closed.
{X} Pull to the center of the road.
>> No. 6480
[X] Keep the upper hatch closed.
[X] Pull to the center of the road.
>> No. 6481
Hmm, this is tricky. When we were attacked by the RPG, the front car with the uniformed driver didn't do anything. In fact, and even laughed and smiled, waving for us to follow. Yet both were stuffed with ragged looking people armed with AK-47s. Maybe the Templar really are that crazy, but it feels like something else is be going on here...

[X] Keep the upper hatch closed.
[X] Pull to the center of the road.

I feel really uncomfortable about this and think we should have Suika clear our path. But hey we can always blame GD if this ends poorly.

Also how are we doing on gas, Klaymen?
>> No. 6482
[†] Keep the upper hatch closed.
[†] Pull to the center of the road.
>> No. 6483
[X] Keep the upper hatch closed.
[X] Pull to the center of the road.

If we keep to the center of the road we should still be able to knock away whoever gets close to us.
>> No. 6484
[X] Keep the upper hatch closed.
[X] Pull to the center of the road.
Opening the hatch sounds like an invitation to lob in grenades.