[Return]
Archived Thread

File 121928928796.jpg - (15.17KB , 400x571 , pepsicucumber.jpg ) [iqdb]
5855 No. 5855
[x] “A Coke, a Cucumber Pepsi and a bottle of your finest alcoholic drink.”

Pepsi came out with a Cucumber flavor recently, didn’t they? You decide to try and get some of that.

“A Coke, a Cucumber Pepsi and a bottle of your finest alcoholic drink.”

She gives you a strange look. “A bottle?”

“Yeah.” You say, “It’s a souvenir of sorts.” Definitely not a lie. It is a souvenir... for Suika.

“Oh.” She smiles. “Well, in that case...”

She turns and heads back towards the bar, pulling down something from the top shelf. Turning around, she’s holding it in both hands. It appears to be some kind of sake.

“Will this do?”

Even the bottle looks appealing to the eye. She sets it down on the counter, so you open the top and take a whiff. It smells... well, delicious. “Yes. Thank you.”

She sets it on the counter, and then reaches for the cooler underneath said counter. Soon, you’ve got a bottle of coke and a bottle of cucumber Pepsi sitting in front of you, along with the sake. Surprising. You weren’t actually expecting to get the Pepsi.

“Is that all?” She asks, looking past you at another customer.

“Yeah,” you say, fishing for your wallet. “This should be good. How much do I owe you?”

She gives you a price. A fairly high price, but you pay it. She leaves to go get your change and tend to the new customer, so you crack open your Coke. It’s... Coke. Nothing spectacular about it, but it’s enough to quench your thirst and relieve the slight dry throat you’ve acquired from being nervous.

You set the other two bottles under the bar, on the footrest between your legs. No sense having them disappear in front of everyone. This would more convenient if you had picked up some carry-on bags, but... well, the bartender didn’t question you buying the bottle. Perhaps she didn’t notice.

“Nitori... the Pepsi is for you,” You say, not looking up from the bar. “Enjoy. And...” you turn to Suika. “The other one is yours. Think you could hide it for now?”

She smiles, and reaches down. You don’t even bother to watch the mind-bending shrinking of the bottle. “Sure thing. I don’t know if I’ll be able to wait too long, though.”

“Please do. There are places to hide on the airplane. Oh, and... I do want at least a little bit of that, eventually.” You add, taking another sip of your Coke.

“This... is delicious,” You hear from behind you. It seems Nitori has gotten into her cucumber Pepsi. “I think this is the best tasting drink I’ve ever had.”

“Glad you like it.” You say, still looking at Suika. It’ll be much more convenient to talk once you get out of this airport. Not wanting to draw too much suspicion, you let most of the conversation drop. As you finish your drink the call for boarding goes out.

“Well, that’s us... Emma. Let’s go.”

You pop the cane out of it’s resting place on the bar with your free foot for dramatic effect, catching it in midair. If you had a tophat, this would be perfect. This little break has made you feel better. Optimistic, even.

“We wouldn’t want to miss our flight.” You say, spinning around on your stool to leave. Getting off of the stool, you notice that you can feel a slight sensation on the bottom of your leg. The feeling in it seems to have returned, at least slightly. This is good. It might be operational by the time you reach Europe.

“Ah... no. That would be a pain after all that, wouldn’t it?” Suika adds, laughing. “But...”

You continue walking. “But?”

“How does it fly?” She asks, looking at the now visible plane outside the giant glass wall. “I know you don’t have magic out here or anything.”

“It uses something called ‘Bernoulli’s principal’, right?” Nitori chimes in. “I read about the theory in a magazine called ‘Popular Science’.”

“Ah, that’s right,” You reply, “But it doesn’t explain much. I’ll tell you later.” Looking around, you notice that the density of people has gone up a bit. There do seem to be at least a few people on this flight. You hope it won’t be an issue.

Upon boarding without too much trouble, you find out that it won’t. There are only a handful of people on the flight. This particular 747 seems to have been converted to carry more cargo than passengers; you notice that the bottom floor of the plane, the one you’re not boarding, has no windows.

Even so, the top tier of seating is fairly empty. There’s no one sitting within earshot, at least. You let Suika have the window seat. Takeoff goes as expected, with Suika being in awe of the whole flying contraption. You’re not sure what Nitori is up to, other than sitting in the seat behind yours.

After the seatbelt light goes off, you’re left with a few options as to what to do. The seats do have small screens in the back of them, showing that it’s a fairly recent model. Suika is looking at hers intently, trying to figure out what it does.

[ ] Show her how to work the thing.
[ ] TV is garbage. Get on with the Greek myths you promised.
[ ] Point Suika to the bathroom. It should provide a place for her to give that Sake a trial run.

>> No. 5856
[ ] TV is garbage. Get on with the Greek myths you promised.
>> No. 5857
[x] TV is garbage. Get on with the Greek myths you promised. Add in something about norse ones too, if she seems interested.

Vikings and Valkaries! Heracules and the Titans! Awe suika with the best the outside world has to offer.
>> No. 5858
[ ] TV is garbage. Get on with the Greek myths you promised.
>> No. 5859
[x] Point Suika to the bathroom. It should provide a place for her to give that Sake a trial run.
[x] Show her how to work the thing.
>> No. 5861
[x] TV is garbage. Get on with the Greek myths you promised. Add in something about Norse ones too, if she seems interested.

I get the feeling Suika would find the idea of Valhalla immensely awesome. Party, get wasted on divine liquor, and then go outside to beat the living hell out of your buddies. Hell, the Norse may as well have been Oni. Except Loki, but he ended up a prick anyway.
>> No. 5863
[+] TV is garbage. Get on with the Greek myths you promised.
>> No. 5864
[ ] Join the mile high club with Nitori.
>> No. 5865
Updates tomorrow, because it seems I've caught the lazy.
>> No. 5866
[x] TV is garbage. Get on with the Greek myths you promised. Add in something about Norse ones too, if she seems interested.

RAGNAROK, BABY.
>> No. 5870
[ ] Show her how to work the thing.
[ ] Get on with the Greek myths you promised. Watch Discovery Channel/National Geography/History Channel or similars.
>> No. 5872
[x] Point Suika to the bathroom. It should provide a place for you to give that oni a test run.
[x] Show her how to work it.

Mile high club amuses me.
>> No. 5873
>>5872

You proposed it, Doujin. If Klaymen doesn't give us a mile-high club with Suika bonus scene then it falls on your shoulders to provide it.
>> No. 5874
>>5873
Hmm...it is true that I have yet to write a SCIENCE hijack...
>> No. 5875
[ODIN] TV is garbage. Get on with the Greek myths you promised. Add in something about Norse ones too, if she seems interested.

Tell her about Thor's journey to Utgard, which pretty much contains the most epic drinking story ever. Then challenge Suika to do better.
>> No. 5880
>>5875
Brilliant idea. I had forgotten about that one until you mentioned it.
===============
[x] TV is garbage. Get on with the Greek myths you promised. Add in something about Norse ones too, if she seems interested.

“Oh, you don’t want to watch that,” You say, laughing. “TV has really gone downhill in the past few years. How about some stories first? I still owe you some myths.”

She stops messing around with TV and looks at you. “Like, with Heracles?”

“Yeah. I was thinking about throwing some Norse ones in, too. I think you’d like those.”

“Myths, huh?” Nitori asks from behind you. “Are they any good?”

You wish you knew your Hindu myths, now. Nitori would probably find those more interesting because of the devices and weapons the characters used in them.

“I’ll let you decide.” You say, not turning around. “But first, how is Takiko doing?”

You hear some ruffling of fabric. “Still sleeping.”

“Ah, good.” At least she hasn’t been crushed or anything. “Well, I’ll start with the story of Heracles...”

You run through his story, about the twelve labors, telling them to the best of your ability.

“So... was this guy real?” Nitori finally asks.

“Sort of. He’s likely based on a real person who fought at Troy, but I don’t think the story is true.” It’s easier to believe this. It’s likely that if mythical creatures from Japanese lore can exist in a pocket dimension, mythical heroes from Greek lore could likely have done the same... and you’d rather not think about that. Perhaps some day you’ll delve into that, but not now.

“Do you have any more stories?” Suika asks. “These are cool. I wish I could wrestle that Heracles guy.”

Were he Japanese, he probably would have wrestled an Oni. The image is an interesting one.

“Heracles was nothing compared to Thor,” You say, grinning. “Though he was incredibly strong for a half-mortal.”

“Thor?” She tilts her head sideways in a confused manner “Who’s that?”

“A god, and quite the character.” You remember back to a tale you heard once. You don’t know much about Nordic mythology other than the relationships between the gods, Ragnarok, and the worldly structure, but... you do know one or two stories. “I’ll give you a story. It’s about his journey to the land of the giants.”

After explaining some background stuff to the religion, you get on with the story. You end up making up most of the dialogue, since it’s been a while since you’ve heard it. Your audience remains mostly silent during the tale, as you try your best to make it interesting.

“...and that’s that,” You conclude, wrapping up the story. “What do you think?”

“That was... confusing,” Nitori says, sounding a little puzzled. “But interesting. The whole story was leading up to a pun?”

You laugh. “Of course.”

“So,” Suika chimes in, “He drank enough of the ocean to cause it to drop? And it tasted like beer?”

“Thor was quite the drinker,” You say, smiling. “Think you could beat him?”

She actually thinks about it. “I don’t know. It sure would be fun trying, though! Hey, that reminds me,” She adds, looking around, “Where’s that bathroom?”

“Ah...” You look around, too, and find it without much difficulty. “It’s over there. Remember to lock the door, and...” you add, “from what I hear, good sake is best served chilled.”

“I wonder if it’ll be any different than mine?” She asks, before leaving. “I’ll be back.” Saying this, she stands up and heads for the bathroom. You hope she can figure out how to work the door latch. There are usually pictured, so it shouldn’t be too difficult to figure out.

You lean back in your seat. It seems that you’ve finally managed to net some time alone with Nitori. Not wanting to spend the time in silence, you decide to strike up some conversation. There are a few things you’d like to ask, but you’re not sure which one would be best.

[ ] “So, are you enjoying the outside world?”
[ ] “So, are you enjoying the flight?”
[ ] “So, are you enjoying our date?”
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 5882
[ ] “So, are you enjoying the outside world?”
>> No. 5883
[X] " So, are you enjoying our outside flight in?
>> No. 5884
[x] "So, have you been to the mile-high club?"

awesome.jpg
>> No. 5885
[ ] "So, have you been to the mile-high club?"

Invisibility extended to us the last time we touched her, didn't it?

[X] “So, are you enjoying our date?”

Gotta flirt a little.
>> No. 5886
[x] "Ghost blowjob?"
>> No. 5888
[ ] “So, are you enjoying the outside world?”
>> No. 5890
[ ] “So, are you enjoying the outside world?”
>> No. 5891
[ ] “So, are you enjoying the outside world?”
>> No. 5892
[x] "So, have you been to the mile-high club?"

I approve of Anon's vision and determination.
>> No. 5893
[X] So, are you enjoying hurtling through the air at hundreds of miles an hour in a piece of metal?

Science Rules.
>> No. 5899
[ ] “So, are you enjoying the outside world?”
>> No. 5901
[X] “So, are you enjoying our date on this flight in the outside world?”

Gattai da.
>> No. 5905
[X] “So, are you enjoying our date on this flight in the outside world?”
>> No. 5906
[X] "So, have you been to the mile-high club?"

It must be asked. Then Nitori must query as to what the club is, and we must answer her. Through demonstration.
>> No. 5907
[x] “So, are you enjoying our date in the outside world?”

>"So, have you been to the mile-high club?"
That shit will never work, we haven't even kissed her yet. Which better change soon.
>> No. 5908
[x] “So, are you enjoying our date in the outside world?”
>> No. 5909
[x] “So, are you enjoying the outside world?”

“So,” You say, speaking into the front of your seat, “are you enjoying the outside world? Is it everything you expected, and more?”

She laughs a little bit. “It’s about what I expected, to be honest; delicious drinks, giant contraptions, and fields of concrete. It’ll be even better when I’m not stuck sneaking around in it.”

“Sorry about that. I guess I did kind of drag you along.”

“No, it’s not a problem. I was going to ask if you didn’t offer.” She says, sounding sincere. “I’ve never had a chance to visit the outside world.”

You sigh. “I just wish Yukari would have showed up earlier. Another ticket would have been nice, and the plane isn’t even full.”

“It is pretty empty,” She observes. “How long is the flight?”

“A little over 12 hours. We’ll be getting lunch in a while, and probably dinner, too. Well, Suika and I will.” You’re not exactly looking forward to it. “Would you like some of my food?”

“Sure.” She says, still sounding interested. “Will it be any good?”

“No. It’ll be terrible, but... we’ve got to eat, right?”

Suika returns from the bathroom, looking noticeably happier than she was going in. You swing your feet into the isle, letting her get back to her seat.

“So,” You ask, “Was is delicious?”

She gives you a lopsided smile. “Verrry.”

She looks pretty drunk. “Did you save me some?”

“A lil.” She says, holding her thumb and forefinger about an inch and a half apart. You assume that’s how much she has left you. “Do you wan’ it now?”

“No,” You say, chuckling, “I think I’ll pass.”

“I’m gonna take a nap,” She says, resting her head on the back of the seat. Her eyes close. “Yukari woke me up too early,” Smiling, she adds, “Reimu was out last night, so we ‘ad a party at the shrine.”

“I’ll wake you up for lunch. Enjoy your nap.”

“Mmmm...”

Well... you’re down one person to talk to, now. There are a few things you could do to pass the time.

[ ] See if you can find a taped news broadcast on the little TV.
[ ] Talk to Nitori some more.
[ ] Try brushing up on your English.
>> No. 5910
[ ] See if you can find a taped news broadcast on the little TV.

Can't take to Nitori too much. Might unnerve the other passengers.
>> No. 5911
>>5910
Agreed.
[X] See if you can find a taped news broadcast on the little TV.
>> No. 5912
We should buy some hair dye for Nitori so she doesn't need to keep using the camo.
>> No. 5913
>>5910>>5911

>Even so, the top tier of seating is fairly empty. There’s no one sitting within earshot, at least.
>> No. 5914
[ ] See if you can find a taped news broadcast on the little TV.
>> No. 5918
>>5913
Even so, the news might have stuff we'd want to hear.
>> No. 5920
[x] See if you can find a taped news broadcast on the little TV.

Maybe we'll get some news on what we may have to be dealing with when we land.
>> No. 5921
[ODIN] See if you can find a taped news broadcast on the little TV.

Wandbagon is a-go.
>> No. 5922
[ ] See if you can find a taped news broadcast on the little TV.
[ ] Try brushing up on your English.

Bill, try to remember the basics of English.
>> No. 5928
[x] See if you can find a taped news broadcast on the little TV.

You flip on the TV and get your headphones over your ears. Maybe you’ll be able to find a taped news broadcast on this TV; they certainly don’t have it on all flights, but you’ve been on one or two that had that in with the list of movies.

...you’re in luck. The broadcast is from early yesterday, but it’ll do.

“So, that’s what they look like?” Nitori asks, as you feel some pressure on your seat. It seems she’s leaning on it. “I’ve only been able to get static.”

You nod. “I’m going to see what sort of conditions we’ll be landing in.”

You select the broadcast, which begins. It seems to be some Japanese news network that you’ve never watched before. It starts off with unimportant local news, but quickly switches to world news.

“...and in other news, the violence continues throughout Europe today, with no end in sight.”

They’re showing images of burning vehicle, obviously looted stores, and people being carried away on medical stretchers.

“We’ve gotten word that this violence may not be the work of isolated individuals, disgruntled people fearing the end of days after the CERN incident four days prior. Military sources in Germany and France have informed us that they are starting to see uniforms appearing on combatants. It’s still not clear what their aim is. Now, we go live to Jackie Chen, our correspondent on the ground. Jackie?”

The screen has shifted to another woman, standing amidst the carnage. There’s a burning building some distance behind her. She appears to be standing somewhere in the suburbs, as there are skyscrapers visible only in the distance.

“Thank you, Saki. I’m standing here in southern Munich. What was once a shopping district has been reduced to,” She motions around with her hands, “as you can see, a war zone. The fighting here had been going on non-stop. I was, in fact, woken up several times during the night by what I was told was mortar fire.”

“As you reported earlier, the rioting is not just a disorganized act of chaos. I’ve learned within the last few minutes that they call themselves the ‘Templar’. We’re still not sure what their aim is, or where they managed to acquire their weapons, but---“

You hear some automatic gunfire in the background. It sounds close. The reporter flinches, and then looks left and right.

“We’re going to seek cover.” She says, obvious fear in her voice. “This has been Jackie Chen, live from Munich. Back to you, Saki.”

It abruptly cuts back to the studio. Saki has a look of worry on her face that quickly changes back to the calm reporter face after she realizes the camera is on.

“I’m sure we’re all hoping for her safety. We’ll have more on the situation as it develops. Now, on to the weather.”

You keep watching, but they don’t say much more. For an hour long show, they don’t seem too interested in what’s happening in Europe. It did seem to be focused more on local news, but still...

“Was that... where we’re going?” Nitori asks, after you turn the TV off. She sounds a little shocked.

“...yeah.” You’re still a little taken back by all this. “Wow. I didn’t know it was that bad. I know the cab driver mentioned it, but...” Well, it’s not his country. People tend to view things going on halfway around the world in a different light. He certainly didn’t make it sound this serious.

Maybe this won’t be such a fun trip after all.

Not too long after, your lunch arrives. Rubber chicken, a salad, and some water. You wake Suika up, and the two of you eat. You let Nitori swipe some of your food, and the stewardess drops by to pick up your plate and silverware after a half hour or so. You ask for some peanuts, which you receive.

Now that that’s taken care of, you’ve got more time to kill. This flight is boring. You’ll be glad when it’s over. You think you’ll spend it...

Pick two:
[ ] Watching movies.
[ ] Practicing English.
[ ] Playing some of the games on the TV.
[ ] Chatting with Nitori and Suika.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 5930
[x] Chatting with Nitori and Suika.
[x] Practicing English.
>> No. 5932
[x] Chatting with Nitori and Suika.
[x] Practicing English.

>plate and silverware

lol wut
>> No. 5933
[x] Practicing English.
[x] Pondering what tools you have to battle fundamental religious extremists with.

Fuck the Templar!
>> No. 5934
[x] Chatting with Nitori and Suika.
[x] Practicing English.
>> No. 5938
[♧] See if you can find a taped news broadcast on the little TV.
[♧] Try brushing up on your English.
>> No. 5945
>>5938
Slowpoke! It's you!

[+] Chatting with Nitori and Suika.
[+] Practicing English.
>> No. 5948
[x] Chatting with Nitori and Suika.
[x] Practicing English.
>> No. 5950
[x] Chatting with Nitori and Suika.
[x] Practicing English.

Unusual uniformed combatants amongst the rioters? I sense foreshadowing. It would be interesting if they're otherworlders who also traveled through a dimensional rift.
>> No. 5952
>>5950

The name "Templar" suggests they're more likely a group of lunatic Millennialists.
>> No. 5953
>>It would be interesting if they're otherworlders who also traveled through a dimensional rift.

FULL LIFE CONSEQUENCES

>>The name "Templar" suggests they're more likely a group of lunatic Millennialists.

>>lunatic

Well crap, there go our chances to unlock the extra stage.
>> No. 5955
File 121945527452.jpg - (15.45KB , 185x100 , AlliedAtheistAlliance.jpg ) [iqdb]
5955
You know what you have to do, Bill.

SCIENCE BE PRAISED!
>> No. 5956
>>5955

HUMANS ARE IRRATIONAL.
THEY USE TABLES, YET THEY HAVE PERFECTLY FINE BELLYS TO EAT OFF OF.

[x] Chatting with Nitori and Suika.
[x] Practicing English.
>> No. 5958
[x] Practicing English.
[x] Chatting with Nitori and Suika.

... practicing English. You doubt you’ll be able to do just that for the rest of the flight, however, so you decide to split it up between talking with your partners and that.

English training goes well. You manage to go over quite a few words and phrases, enough that you’d be able to hold a simple conversation without thinking about it too much. You let your thoughts creep out a bit to assist in this; making connections is better than just remembering the sounds you’re supposed to make. It ends up getting a bit silly after a while, with you trying to pick out Latin roots to words, so you decide to take a break and chat with Nitori and Suika.

The two of you talk about nothing important, just a bit of chat about the outside world. It does help to keep you grounded, however, and serves to educate these two about some of the deadlier points of civilization. For instance, you learn that gunfire would probably be enough to wound either Nitori or Suika, that German food sounds delicious, and that ice hockey sounds kind of fun to play.

You switch back and forth between the two things for a while, nothing of real interest happening. Dinner comes and goes, though since you’re flying west it feels more like a second lunch. After a few more hours of doing not much, you get word that the flight will be landing soon. You instruct the girls to put on their seatbelts as they had during takeoff, and do the same. The decent seems to be going as planned, but...

... you hear a loud noise, back, and to your left. Very loud. Definitely not something that should be heard on an airplane.

“Suika?” You ask as calmly as possible, “What was that? Can you see anything?” She has been looking out the window ever since the landing notice was issued.

“Oh, it was pretty cool,” She says, sounding excited, “Those... things? On the wing? Engines, right? One of them just shot off some fireworks.”

“What.”

“She’s right,” Nitori adds, not sounding nearly as excited about it as Suika is. “It’s trailing smoke.”

Everyone else is looking as confused as you feel. After a few seconds, someone comes over the intercom.

“This is your pilot speaking.” He’s trying to sound calm, but there is a hint of fear in his voice. “Please, do not panic. We seem to have lost an engine, but we’re close enough to the airport that we will be able to land safely. Again. Please, do not panic.”

“Suika... how high up are we?”

“Oh,” She says, still not sounding at all concerned, “Not too high up. I’ve flown higher than this.”

The airplane starts to shake a bit. You consider bolting for the door and jumping out. You can fly, and being trapped in an aluminum can about to impact the ground doesn’t sound like a good idea. But... maybe you’re just over-reacting. You’re not exactly familiar with the inner mechanics of an airplane.

[ ] Panic. This plane is going down.
[ ] The pilot knows what he’s talking about. Stay put.
>> No. 5959
[ ] Stay Calm. This plane is going down. Partially tap into the leg and think up a plan to save everyone's ass.
>> No. 5962
Oh god, Twilight Zone flashback.

[x] Yell "THERE'S A MONSTER ON THE WING!"
>> No. 5963
[x] The pilot knows what he’s talking about. Stay put.
[x] Tell Suika and Nitori to get ready to bail if it looks like we're going to crash.
>> No. 5966
>you learn that gunfire would probably be enough Suika
Suika got nerfed.

[x] The pilot knows what he’s talking about. Stay put.
[x] Tell Suika and Nitori to get ready to bail if it looks like we're going to crash.
If the going get rough, we can have Suika surreptitiously rip out a nearby wall and then leap out. Ah, being able to fly is good.
>> No. 5968
[x] The pilot knows what he’s talking about. Stay put.
>> No. 5971
[x] The pilot knows what he’s talking about. Stay put.
[x] Tell Suika and Nitori to get ready to bail if it looks like we're going to crash.
>> No. 5974
I wonder...
1) Should the need come, would Suika be strong enough to hold up the plane in midair, thus preventing a crash? Or at least help it keep it aloft while they head to the airport.
2) Would the plane's frame be able to support that much force on a small point?
3) Are you a bad enough dude to save everyone on the plane?
>> No. 5975
[ ] The pilot knows what he’s talking about. Stay put.

One busted engine shouldn't be anything to worry about.


>3) Are you a bad enough dude to save everyone on the plane?

THE PLANE HAS BEEN CRASHED BY NINJAS
>> No. 5978
>>5966
I knew I would regret not sleeping on this update. "Wound slightly" would be a better term.

A single gunshot wouldn't do much to either of them, though automatic weapons fire would be enough to cause harm. Suika would have to be caught off guard for them to have any effect at all, though.
>> No. 5981
[x] The pilot knows what he’s talking about. Stay put.
[x] Tell Suika and Nitori to get ready to bail if it looks like we're going to crash.
>> No. 5982
>>5978

Repent your mistake by updating.
>> No. 5988
>>5982
But I'm a slow writer and easily distracted so yeah.
========================================
[x] The pilot knows what he’s talking about. Stay put.
[x] Tell Suika and Nitori to get ready to bail if it looks like we're going to crash.

You take a few deep breaths. Surely, the pilot knows best. This thing can fly with only three engines, right? Logically, there is no reason to panic. Still...

“I know that you guys could probably survive a plane crash, but...” You sigh. “If this thing looks like it’s going to crash, be ready to bail.”

Suika nods, not seeming at all worried. “What happened? It doesn’t seem smart that fragile humans travel in something so dangerous.”

“I’ve got no idea. Engines don’t usually... uh, explode like that.”

“I think the fan or something fragmented,” Nitori says. “If it works like I think it does.”

The shaking continues, but doesn’t intensify much. Most of the other passengers are either insane and don’t care, or have white-knuckle grips on their seats. You soon see the skyscrapers of Munich rise into window view, indicating that you’re landing. The shaking intensifies towards the end, but you eventually touch down. The landing, too, is a little rough, jarring you a bit. But overall, nothing terrible happens. You’re glad you didn’t start to panic.

The pilot comes on the intercom and apologizes for the problem, and thanks you all for your composure. You disembark, Suika and Nitori following, but the procedure isn’t standard. You don’t end up exiting into the terminal, but instead down a ladder onto the tarmac.

Stepping out into the light, you sigh. It’s sunny here, but your biological clock says that it should be getting dark soon. You always hated that part about traveling.

You’re the last to get off the plane, and are directed by someone at the bottom of the ladder to follow the other passengers. They seem to be heading towards some military style jeeps parked off in the distance. Looking around, no one is paying attention to you or Suika, and the large amount of crates and boxes would provide good cover. Now would be a great time to bolt.

[ ] Sneak off. You’ve reached your destination.
[ ] You can always sneak away later. Play along for now.
>> No. 5990
[X]Sneak off. You’ve reached your destination.

Military jeeps BAD.
>> No. 5992
[x] You can always sneak away later. Play along for now.

Originally I was thinking we should just sneak away, since I doubt the ruins of CERN are high on Red Cross priority list. However with the Templar running around it might be good to have an escort half the way and at least gather some more info. If anything, we could just cloak and hop a ride in a military vehicle later.
>> No. 5995
[x] You can always sneak away later. Play along for now.
>> No. 5999
[x] Sneak off. You’ve reached your destination.
>> No. 6001
[x] You can always sneak away later. Play along for now.
>> No. 6002
[x] You can always sneak away later. Play along for now.
>> No. 6004
[X] Sneak off. You’ve reached your destination.

We can deal with the Templars ourselves far more easily than with the escorts, as we'd then have to refrain from using our powers.
>> No. 6006
[x] You can always sneak away later. Play along for now.
>> No. 6007
[X] Sneak off. You’ve reached your destination
>> No. 6008
>>6004
Why? If we came out with an explosive display of magical force, and made sure the right people were there to see it. no one in this hellscape would dare get in our way.
>> No. 6011
>>6010

See >>5978
>> No. 6012
[X] Sneak off. You’ve reached your destination

When she's 100 feet tall, even a .50 BMG round won't register as pain. The only real threat would be concentrated RPG & mortar fire; of course she could just shrink and dodge those noisy, relatively slow-moving projectiles like Icicle Fall on Easy Mode. Or she could just shoot them down with a wall of danmaku. Either way works.

Nitori of course has her optical camouflage.
>> No. 6013
No more updates until either tomorrow night, or monday. I'm moving back to my college dorm tomorrow, and packing/unpacking stuff makes me lazy.
>> No. 6019
[♧] Sneak off. You’ve reached your destination.
>> No. 6025
[λ] Sneak off. You’ve reached your destination.

The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So, wake up, Mr. Nye. Wake up and smell the ashes.
>> No. 6027
[X] Sneak off. You’ve reached your destination
>> No. 6032
I notice that the person directing us towards the military jeeps is not, in fact, described as a member of the military. As such, it seems most prudent to sneak off now before we're put under armed surveillance.

[x] Sneak off. You’ve reached your destination.
>> No. 6039
[x] Sneak off. You’ve reached your destination.
>> No. 6043
[x] Sneak off. You’ve reached your destination

There’s no need for an armed escort. Sneaking away now would be easier than trying to sneak out of wherever that jeep is going to take you. You four can handle yourself.

You nudge Suika, causing her to look at you.

“What?” She asks, looking up.

“We’re leaving.”

You change your path slightly, arcing off into the cover of the crates. Suika seems to get your intention, and follows suit. You’re not sure if anyone saw you, or if they will take a head count at that jeep. Getting out of here ASAP would be a great idea.

The crates you are currently hiding in are between the main terminal and where the airplane landed. Presumably, the main terminal is occupied by people. Seeing the way this airport is being used, people that you probably don’t want to know you just wandered off on your own.

“What’s up?” Nitori asks, sounding a little confused. “You didn’t like those guys?”

“It’s not that.” You sigh. “They’d hinder our movements. Being assigned to hand out food or bandage peoples arms wouldn’t be conductive to a quick mission.”

“I guess that’s true. What now?”

“We’ve got to make it to the streets, somehow.” But... what would be the best way?

“Can your cloaking cover all 4 of us? That way we could just fly out.”

“I can turn into a mist,” Suika adds, “so don’t worry about me, ok?”

“Three people, then.”

“Three living things is stretching it,” She says, sounding a little anxious. “That incident back at the airport? Well, that could have shorted it out. We’re lucky it didn’t. I’m sorry I didn’t mention it earlier.”

“So... no free cloaking? That would be a handy superpower, you know.”

“Nope.” She sounds a little apologetic. “If you really wanted to, we could try it, but...”

As if in response to the new threat, you feel some sensation in your leg. You try to extend a claw. It works, but it’s quite sluggish. You try for another, but to no effect. Seems like it’s still partially inoperative. You won’t be blasting or high speed flying your way out of this one.

[ ] Try cloaking your way out. It should be a short trip to make it over the terminal.
[ ] Play some waiting games. It’s likely that no one will come back here for a while.
[ ] See if you can sneak around to a portion of the fence that faces a street, and make a short flight over.
[ ] Fly over the terminal, uncloaked.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 6044
[X] James Bond style

dundun da dun da dun dun
dun dadun dadundun
>> No. 6046
“Can your cloaking cover all 4 of us? That way we could just fly out.”
Nye, Suika, Nitorin and the Writer?
>> No. 6047
>>6046
Takiko is in Nitori's backpack, remember? Although I'm not sure why we brought her if she's just going to stay in there.
>> No. 6048
>>6047
OH!
[x] UTILIZE THE FAIRY TO DISTRACT

IT'LL GET US OUT AND THERES NO WAY ANYONE WILL BELIEVE THE SOLDIERS WERE ATTACKED BY A FAIRY
>> No. 6049
[+] See if you can sneak around to a portion of the fence that faces a street, and make a short flight over.
[+] Try cloaking while flying over the fence, and rushing for cover as soon as possible.
>> No. 6050
>>6047
Probably to keep her from getting bored back home, instead she gets to get bored outside. Well, at least she has company. In before catastrophic existence failure of our little fairy due to unbelief... closely followed by nitori and suika.
>> No. 6051
[X] See if you can sneak around to a portion of the fence that faces a street, and make a short flight over.

I'm against using the stealth camo (except in case of dire emergency), and kinda worried about that headcount... military types love their numbers.
>> No. 6052
[x] See if you can sneak around to a portion of the fence that faces a street, and make a short flight over.
>> No. 6053
[x] See if you can sneak around to a portion of the fence that faces a street, and make a short flight over.

And if there's no barbed wire, we can fly while pretending to climb over the fence (making the appropriate hand/foot movements). It's easier to BS our way out of--if someone sees us--than straight-out flying.
>> No. 6057
[x] See if you can sneak around to a portion of the fence that faces a street, and make a short flight over.
>> No. 6062
[x] See if you can sneak around to a portion of the fence that faces a street, and make a short flight over.

“Right. Nitori, could you fly up and look at something for me?”

“Hm? Look at what?”

“I want to know where the chain link fence around this place starts, and if I can reach it without being seen.”

Silence. You just sit and crack your knuckles.

“It looks like if you go off towards your left, you should be able to get out fine.”

You breathe a sigh of relief. “Let’s go, then, before someone finds us.”

You weave between the crates and things, making your way off to the destination. Nitori guides you, flying above the crates and back down to give you directions. It takes a while, as this crate field seems to span a good portion of the airstrip. Eventually, you make it to the edge of said crates, and poke your head out.

There are people. Two people in military uniforms are out on the landing strip, seemingly looking for something. Presumably you. Their stances indicate that whatever it is isn’t too critical, or dangerous, as their movements seem a little sluggish and their weapons are lowered.

The fence starts a few hundred yards from your current position. There is no cover that you could hide behind on your way to the fence, but on the other side is a fairly normal street. If you could make it past, the city would provide sufficient cover.

“...Nitori?” You ask, ducking back into cover. “Do you think you could distract those men out there? Suika and I are going to make a run for the fence.” You sigh. “Or hobble, I guess.”

“I could give you a ride,” Suika says, grinning. “That way you wouldn’t have to walk like an old man.”

You laugh. “Sure thing.” You almost ask how she could carry you, but... no, she’s an Oni. You don’t know the exact extent of her strength, but it’s pretty great. Carrying someone should be no big deal.

“So, do you want me to distract those guys or not?” Nitori asks.

[ ] “Yeah. Don’t be too rough, though.”
[ ] “Yeah. If you could grab one of their guns, it could prove useful.”
[ ] “Actually, I've changed my mind. We’ll just run.”
>> No. 6063
[ ] “Yeah. Don’t be too rough, though.”
>> No. 6065
[ ] “Yeah. Don’t be too rough, though.”
>> No. 6066
[X] “Yeah. Don’t be too rough, though.”

No guns. This is a sneaking mission.
>> No. 6071
[♧] “Yeah. Don’t be too rough, though. But if you could grab one of their guns, it could prove useful.”
>> No. 6072
[ ] “Yeah. Don’t be too rough, though.”
>> No. 6073
[x] “Yeah. Don’t be too rough, though.”

Here's for hoping Nitori's cloak stays active. 'Cause this would be one of the worst times for it to fail.
Goddamn you, Murphy.
>> No. 6080
[x] “Yeah. Don’t be too rough, though.”
>> No. 6085
Be gentle~
>> No. 6087
>>5974
>>Should the need come, would Suika be strong enough to hold up the plane in midair, thus preventing a crash?


You are now humming the superman theme while imagining Suika saving the plane, manually.
>> No. 6091
[x] “Yeah. Don’t be too rough, though.”

“Yeah.” You nod. “Don’t be too rough, though. We just need a distraction.”

She laughs a little. “I have just the thing. I’ll see you guys later.”

“Good luck,” You say, waving towards where her voice was coming from.

“So... now, we wait?” Suika asks from behind you. “Want to make a bet on what she’s going to do?”

You peek your head out. The military people are still looking around.

“Sure.” This might be fun. “What do I get when I win?”

“When you win?” She laughs. “No way. But... we’ll decide that later, ok?”

“Ok, then. I’ll go first.” You think about it. She’d probably go with a non-direct approach. Sounds off behind them? Perhaps rocks that fly from random directions? No. Spooking them with phantom voices sounds more like her. “I think she’ll try pretending to be a ghost. How about you?”

“I think she’s going to flick them in the ears,” She says, laughing. “They won’t know what’s going on.”

You watch. Suddenly, the area behind them erupts with a green light. It’s not loud, nor particularly flashy, but it’s coherent. Spiky. It looks like a variant of one of her spellcards. What the hell?

“I guess we both lose, Suika.”

One of the two men must have noticed what was going on, because they’ve both turned and are now looking at the mass of light. No one is shooting, thankfully. They must be disciplined enough not to fire when scared. The light stops, changing places... it’s further back, now.

“Now, let’s go.”

Suika squeezes out in front of you. “Ok, hop on and hold on tight.” She leans forward, like a runner preparing to run a sprint. “This could be a little bumpy.”

You do so, throwing your arms over her shoulders and laying on her back. Your legs naturally wrap around her midsection. The cane proves difficult to position properly, but you manage.

“And... we’re off!”

She starts to run forward at a much faster pace than she should be able to with such short legs. The distance between you and the fence closes rapidly, and then... you’re in the air. Sailing over the fence on an Oni’s back.

Looking over your shoulder, the military guys seem to be too busy staring at the lights to notice you. Suika lands in the empty street, and then runs towards a nearby building. You’re not sure what kind of building it is, but there are stairs that provide cover. Suika drops you off behind them.

You breathe a sigh of relief. “That went better than expected. We’re free.”

“So, I did well?”

Nitori seems to have been keeping up with you. You weren’t expecting her for a while, so you are a little shocked. The voice originating from a few feet behind your ear doesn’t help, either.

“Oh, did I scare you?” She asks in a playful voice, then laughs. “Danmaku doesn’t need to be shot from the body, you know. I was flying along with you guys. So, now what? Where is this black hole?”

You sigh. “It’s quite a ways from here, actually. We’ll have to cross Switzerland, and I’m still not sure how we’re going to do it. Although, we could find an abandoned vehicle and use that.” Smiling, and turning around, you add, “You could even fix it up if it’s broken, right?”

Nitori’s voice comes from in front of you, rendering your gesture futile. “Probably. It would depend on how badly it was broken.”

“Cool. Well...” You sigh, getting up to hobble along on your leg. “Let’s go.”

You walk straight for a few blocks, but don’t come across anything really suitable for a vehicle. This town really is deserted. No people walk the streets, and no vehicles drive along them. You come to another intersection, this one . Off towards your right seems to be the main part of the city, as you can see much taller buildings in that direction.

[ ] Try to make it downtown.
[ ] Keep wandering aimlessly.

Subvote:
[ ] Let Nitori know it’s OK to uncloak.
[ ] Don’t let Nitori know it’s OK to uncloak.
>> No. 6093
[ ] Try to make it downtown.
[ ] Let Nitori know it’s OK to uncloak
>> No. 6094
[ ] Try to make it downtown.
[ ] Let Nitori know it’s OK to uncloak.
>> No. 6095
[x] Try to make it downtown.
[x] Let Nitori know it’s OK to uncloak.
>> No. 6096
[x] Try to make it downtown.
[x] Don’t let Nitori know it’s OK to uncloak.

Huh...I wonder when the cloak power will run it. Eh, I'll just keep her cloaked though. She'll be an ace if some templars decide to ambush us or something.
>> No. 6098
[x] Try to make it downtown, but stick to the rooftops.
[x] Ask Nitori how long she can maintain her optical camouflage.

Striding down an open street is a good way to get picked off by a sharpshooter or waylaid by a gang of Templar in a technical.
>> No. 6103
File 121980278084.jpg - (23.90KB , 432x356 , Technical_Liberia.jpg ) [iqdb]
6103
>a technical

You mean one of these?
>> No. 6105
[x] Try to make it downtown.
[x] Let Nitori know it’s OK to uncloak.

“Lets go...” You point off in the distance, towards the taller buildings “This way. And Nitori?”

“Hmm?”

“You could give that optical camouflage a rest, if you want.”

“Ahh... good,” She says. A few moments later she flickers into view. “I’ve never run it for that long before.”

She reached behind her and undoes a strap on the backpack, releasing the tension holding the main pocket closed. Takiko pokes her head out, smiles at you, and folds the cover for the backpack back into the pocket. It seems she’s content with staying in the backpack for now.

You continue walking. And walking. Every so often, there is a bit of gunfire in the distance, so you decide to take to the rooftops and pull a matrix instead. Although, with the hobbling you’re doing to cross the majority of the rooftops, it ends up looking pretty stupid. You see a few people passing by, military from the looks of things, heading downtown.

...thankfully, you notice a car before you get to wherever they were going. You leave your lofty rooftop path to go down and check out the abandoned vehicle. One of the tires seems to be flat, but other than that, there is no physical damage to the exterior or interior of the car apart from the back window being blown out by something. It’s an older model, quite sturdy, and with a non-electronic gas gauge. The tank seems to be almost full.

“Awesome,” You say, looking the thing over, “This will do perfectly. All we’ll need to do will be to change the tire.”

“That’s all?” Nitori asks, sounding a little disappointed. “We can’t go into combat with this thing.”

“...uh, what?”

“I could turn this into something that could deal with those projectile weapons you were talking about earlier,” she says, looking the thing over. “But,” she turns back to you, “do we have the time? It shouldn’t take more than a half day of work.”

[ ] “An armored car? Awesome. We can hold off the hoards of looters for 12 hours, right? ”
[ ] “I don’t really want to get into combat, to be honest. We should just fix the tire.”
>> No. 6106
[X] “An armored car? Awesome. We can hold off the hoards of looters for 12 hours, right? ”
[X]"We have to find a place to hide it while you add the armor"
>> No. 6108
[x] "Ok, but for now lets just fix the tire then we can find a secluded area or garage or something to work in"


Gameplan:
we please the Kappa, let Takiko stretch her wings, find some way to free Suika from boredom while Nitori works and also let our leg heal up
>> No. 6109
[x] "Ok, but for now lets just fix the tire then we can find a secluded area or garage or something to work in"
>> No. 6110
[x] "Ok, but for now lets just fix the tire then we can find a secluded area or garage or something to work in"

Not really a save place to add extras to the car
>> No. 6111
[X] “An armored car? Awesome. We can hold off the hoards of looters for 12 hours, right? ”
[X]"We have to find a place to hide it while you add the armor"
>> No. 6112
Btw, wasn't it pretty much implied (if not explicitly stated) that the black hole has become sentient... so, where's my black hole loli?
[X] “An armored car? Awesome. We can hold off the hoards of looters for 12 hours, right? ”
[X]"We have to find a place to hide it while you add the armor"
>> No. 6113
[X] Burn all your notebooks.

What good are notebooks? They won't help us survive.

...

k srsly,

[X] "An armored car? Awesome. We can hold off the hordes of looters for 12 hours, right?"
[X] "But for now, let's just fix the tire so we can get it to a secluded garage or something to work in."

Column A, Column B. Also, fixed for proper word usage, God damn it.
>> No. 6114
[X] “An armored car? Awesome. We can hold off the hoards of looters for 12 hours, right? ”
[X]"We have to find a place to hide it while you add the armor"
>> No. 6115
[x] “An armored car? Awesome. We can hold off the hoards of looters for 12 hours, right?”
[x]"We have to find a place to hide it while you add the armor."

Hell yeah, Nitorimobile.
>> No. 6116
[x] Start making A-Team references.
>> No. 6117
[x] Start making A-Team references.
>> No. 6119
[X] "An armored car? Awesome. We can hold off the hordes of looters for 12 hours, right?"
[X] "But for now, let's just fix the tire so we can get it to a secluded garage or something to work in."
>> No. 6120
>>6103

yeah

[X] “An armored car? Awesome. We can hold off the hoards of looters for 12 hours, right? ”
[X]"We have to find a place to hide it while you add the armor"
[X] Start making A-Team references.
>> No. 6122
[X] “An armored car? Awesome. We can hold off the hoards of looters for 12 hours, right? ”
[X]"We have to find a place to hide it while you add the armor"
[X] Start making A-Team references.
>> No. 6124
Hannibal - Bill
Face - Nitori
Murdock - Fairy
B.A. Baracus - Suika
>> No. 6126
Sorry about the lack of updates, I managed to get sidetracked today. I'll try to get one or two out tomorrow.
>> No. 6128
[x] “An armored car? Awesome. We can hold off the hoards of looters for 12 hours, right? ”
[x]"We have to find a place to hide it while you add the armor."


“An armored car? Awesome. We have to find a place to hide it while you make the upgrade.” You motion to the surrounding area. “This is a little too open.”

“Is it?” Nitori looks around. “It’s not like it’s a field or anything. The street is fairly narrow.”

“It’s not, really,” You say. “This is big for a city street... and it looks to be a fairly main one. You guys may be able to take a stray bullet, but I’d rather not.”

“Hmm, that’s true. Let’s change this tire, shall we?”

The tire changing goes smoothly. You crawl into the vehicle to open the trunk, find the manual, and get the spare out from under the vehicle. Takiko, now out and flying around, helps you and Nitori change the tire. Suika just stays off to the side and takes drinks from her purple gourd. You are a bit thirsty...

“Hey, Suika?” You ask, looking towards her for a moment, “What’s in the gourd?”

“Sake.” She says, taking another drink. “Interested? I’ve still got that little bit you asked me to save.”

“No...” You sigh. “Maybe later. I’ll be the one driving.”

“I’ll join you later, too,” Nitori says, “But let’s get this finished, shall we?”

The car is soon up and running. You head inside the bakery, returning with some bread and a phonebook. Using what German you know, you find out that there’s an automotive repair shop down a street you had passed on the way to this spot.

You enter the car and use your hotwiring skills to get it running. Since it’s the first time you’ve ever tried it, you’re surprised that it works, but none the less... you’re all set. Nitori takes shotgun, at your request, and Suika gets in the back with Takiko.

“And... we’re off!”

You pull a u-turn and head down the street, making it to the garage. There’s nothing here. All of the vehicles or people that should be here are missing. It’s a very eerie scene, but you pull the car into the garage.

The electric door doesn’t work, nor does the hydraulic lift or the lights. The power seems to be out for this portion of the city, at least.

“This’ll be much better,” Nitori says, looking the place over. “Now, Suika, about that drink...”

Suika uncorks her gourd. “Of course! I hate to drink alone.” Then, turning to you, she asks, “Are you in? I’ve still got the stuff you asked me to save.”

[ ] “Sure. Just a little, though.”
[ ] “No, thanks. You can have it.”
>> No. 6129
[x] “Sure. Just a little, though.”
>> No. 6130
[x] “No, thanks. You can have it.”

Eh.
>> No. 6131
[x] “Sure. Just a little, though.”
>> No. 6132
[x] “No, thanks. You can have it.”

NYE-SAN, NYE-SAN
DRIVING STOP
DRUNK DRIVING STOP
>> No. 6133
>>6132
But he's not driving right now, so yeah!
[+] “Sure. Just a little, though.”
>> No. 6135
[X] “No, thanks. You can have it.”

Can't even risk getting tipsy right now. We're the ones who understand the dangers of the outside world best, and we ought to stay aware of ourselves for now. Drinks are for a later celebration, thank you.
>> No. 6136
[ ] “No, thanks. You can have it.”

best to stay sober
>> No. 6137
[ ] “No, thanks. You can have it.”
[ ] Make sure the garage is secure.
>> No. 6139
[ ] “No, thanks. You can have it.”
[ ] Make sure the garage is secure.
We can always party after we get back to GSK, but right now we need all our attention.
>> No. 6140
[x] “Sure. Just a little, though.”

damn teetotalers don't know about my liquid courage

would also hold off on any of those parasitic logic trances
>> No. 6141
[x] “Sure. Just a little, though.”

A little seriously won't kill us.
>> No. 6143
[x] “Sure. Just a little, though.”


Suika is more than capable of defending us if Nye is wasted and if he's too drunk we'll just waste some time sobering up.
>> No. 6144
>>6143
Yeah, what's the worst thing that can happen because of delays? It's only a gensoukyou, it's not like anybody will miss it or anything. And the rest of the planet is filled with assholes so they don't matter either.
>> No. 6145
[X] “No, thanks. You can have it.”
[X] Make sure the garage is secure.

No drinking during work hours. We'll booze it up after we save the world.
>> No. 6146
[x] “No, thanks. You can have it.”

“No, thanks,” You say, deciding better of it. “You can have it. I’m going to check this place out.”

“Suit yourself,” She says, taking another drink. Nitori heads over to Suika to procure the alcohol, while Takiko sits on the Oni’s shoulder.

“I’m going to check this place out. Feel free to get started at any time,” You say, leaving out the garage door. Taking a tour of the place isn’t a bad idea; if someone else is here, it would be good to know.

You start by taking a walk around the perimeter, and then decide to check out what you can see of the interior. As the lights are out, and you don’t have a flashlight, it isn’t much. Nothing seems to be out of place, but you do get a good feel for the general structure of the place. There’s the office, which has a window facing the outside, a front desk/mini parts shop connecting to that, which has doors to both the outside and the garage, and the garage itself. There’s a bathroom in the back of the shop, but other than that, there’s not much else of interest. Although, you do find a few full cans of gas to bring with you on your journey.

You return to the garage to find Nitori and Suika talking about... you, of all things. Neither of them has seen you yet, as you entered through the door on the side of the garage and not the front.

“That leg of his? I made it.” The first words you can make out are from Nitori. “It’s pretty cool, isn’t it?”

“I don’ know,” Suika retorts, “It sounds cool, but I haven’t seen it do anything.”

Nitori sighs. “That’s my fault. I... overreacted.”

“Hey, hey,” Suika says, patting Nitori on the back, “He said himself that he doesn’t mind. So cheer up, ok?” She hands the gourd to Nitori “Here, have another drink!”

Nitori laughs. “Ok. But only one more...”

She drinks up. Only now to you notice Takiko, sitting on top of a standing toolbox, laughing at this whole spectacle. She seems to have noticed you, but no one else has yet.

“I think the guy attached to the leg is pretty cool, though,” Suika says, also taking another drink. “Where’s he staying? With you?”

This conversation is going in an interesting direction, but just standing here feels a little rude. You get the feeling they wouldn’t be talking about this if they knew you were here.

[ ] Walk over.
[ ] Head outside for another walk.
[ ] This is interesting. Listen in.
>> No. 6147
[ ] Head outside for another walk.
>> No. 6148
[x] Walk over.

>[ ] Head outside for another walk.
I'm not sure whether this option will get us spotted, or will let us spot someone else suspicious. Hmmm. Or neither.
>> No. 6149
{X} This is interesting. Listen in.
>> No. 6150
[ ] This is interesting. Listen in.

Just too tempting to pass up.
>> No. 6151
>This conversation is going in an interesting direction, but just standing here feels a little rude.

No, Bill. They are the rude, gossiping about you behind your back. Teach them a lesson by stepping in at the appropriate time.

[x] This is interesting. Listen in.
>> No. 6152
>They are the rude

And then Nitori and Suika were fugitives.

[x] This is interesting. Listen in.
>> No. 6153
[x] Must gather more information for SCIENCE.
>> No. 6154
[x] This is interesting. Listen in.
>> No. 6155
[+] This is interesting. Listen in.
I wanna hear it~
>> No. 6156
[ ] This is interesting. Listen in
>> No. 6157
[Q] This is interesting. Listen in. For SCIENCE, of course.
>> No. 6158
[x] This is interesting. Listen in.

I get the feeling we might be losing points on Nitori or heading for a bad end.

>>6112
Also seconding this. Black hole loli?
>> No. 6159
[X] This is interesting. Listen in.

I weren't droppin' no eaves, sir, honest!
>> No. 6160
where is my Sanae, Tetro????
>> No. 6161
[x] This is interesting. Listen in.

No, it’s not you that’s being rude. The people talking behind your back are the rude ones... it’s their fault if someone listens in. You continue standing in place. Taking cover would be a bit overkill in this situation, so you don’t.

“...yeah,” Nitori says, a bit uneasily. “He is.”

“How long is he staying? ‘Till he finds another place?” Suika asks, a grin spreading across her face. “Or is he going to stay there?”

“He’s... staying,” Nitori says. She seems to be blushing. “I really like him, so I don’t mind.”

Suika perks up, scooting closer to Nitori. “Oh? Is he that cool?”

“I’ve only known him for a few days, but we’re...” She pauses, but only slightly. It seems the alcohol is having its effect. Her speech is a little slurred. “What do you call it? More than a friend. I can’t remember, it’s been a while since I’ve used the word.”

“Ah, hmm...” Suika goes to thinking. “I can’t remember, either.” She slaps Nitori on the shoulder. “But I know what’cha mean.” Suika pulls out the purple gourd again and takes another swig.

“We should celebrate! Here,” she says, offering Nitori the gourd. “Drink up! It’s not every day that you get to get drunk outside Gensokyo!”

There is a single, loud noise. A gunshot, probably. You flinch. It’s quite close, perhaps within two blocks of your current location. After a few seconds, there’s another. A single shot, from about the same location as before. Then, gunfire erupts, filling the silence. An ambush of some kind? You’re not sure.

Takiko looks startled, while the other two just look confused.

“What was that? One of those ‘guns’ Bill was talking about?” Suika asks Nitori.

“Probably. I wonder where he is, anyway...?” She starts to look worried. “You don’t think he... was out there, do you?”

Suika laughs. “No way. He’s too smart for that.”

Nitori doesn’t seem to accept her answer. “Yeah, but those things are fast. He wouldn’t be able to see it coming if he was just walking around.” She stands up, obviously a bit wobbly. “I’m going to go find him.”

[ ] Reveal yourself. There’s no need for that.
[ ] Sneak around through the side door to the garage, let her find you outside somewhere.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 6162
[ ] Reveal yourself. There’s no need for that.
>> No. 6163
[Q] Reveal yourself. There’s no need for that.
>> No. 6164
[x] Reveal yourself. There’s no need for that.

Hell yeah. Evaded being caught in a gunfight.
>> No. 6165
[X] Reveal yourself. There’s no need for that. Ask the girls to stay quiet and take cover in case someone decides to rush in.
Just to be on the safe side. Do we know of Suika's dividing ability? We could have her scout outside without a chance of being spotted.
>> No. 6168
[x] Reveal yourself. There’s no need for that.
>> No. 6171
[X] Reveal yourself. Tell Nitori to cloak, scout out the noise, and report back.
>> No. 6172
>>6171
Stray bullets don't care whether they can see you or not.
I don't want to test out how well Nitori's youkai physiology stands up to bullets. Besides, whether or not she can take a lot of damage without dying, I'm not certain her devices - including the optical camo - could withstand damage very well.

[+] Reveal yourself. There’s no need for that.
>> No. 6173
[X] Reveal yourself
[X] "GET DOWN!"
[X] Find a mirror(or 2,and make a periscope like thing), and recon outside.

they are too damn tipsy to do anything.
>> No. 6176
[ ] Reveal yourself. There’s no need for that
>> No. 6178
[ ] Reveal yourself. There’s no need for that
>> No. 6179
[]Reveal yourself
[]"Take cover!"
>> No. 6181
File 122022486510.jpg - (35.87KB , 285x610 , 122021293974.jpg ) [iqdb]
6181
>> No. 6182
[x] Reveal yourself. There’s no need for that.

“No, no... I'm right here,” You say, walking out from your standing place, “There's no need for that. None of you are hurt, right?”

Suika smiles. “See? I said he's be all right.”

Nitori seems embarassed. “Ah...”

“I appreciate the concern, but I'm fine.” You give Nitori a wink. “But... we're in a bad position. That was gunfire.”

“It wasn't that close, was it?” Suika asks. “You said they were deafening when they were close.” Nitori sits back down where she was before.

“I'd say it was within a block or two.” You sigh. “Definitely too close for comfort.”

“These guys are causing trouble for everyone, right?” Suika raises her fist into he air. “Let's go out and show them what's what!”

“That...” You start to chime in, but are soon interrupted by Nitori.

“That's too dangerous.” Nitori slurrs.
There’s a bit more gunfire from outside somewhere. In response, you look outside and flinch again. Unless a stray bullet manages to find its way into your hiding spot, or there’s a group of them that’s closer but not firing, you should be safe. You think.

“Right. It's too dangerous to just run out and try to take them head on,” You sigh. “But... scouting it out would be a great idea. Otherwise, we should take cover.”

You look back to Suika, but instead of finding her, you find thirty or forty different miniature versions of her. You do a double take. It's... disturbing. The floor is covered with these things now. Does manipulation of density also give her some sort of splitting skill?

“Let me do it!”
“Yeah, I'll be sneaky. They won’t see us coming!”
“They can’t hit us! No way!”

“Wow.” You simply can’t get over this image. This person has just split themselves into a multitude of tiny versions of herself. “Uh... what? You can do that?”

Nitori just laughs. “That’s right. You’ve never seen that before.”

“No, I... haven’t.”

“So, what’re we going to do?” Nitori asks, tilting her head a bit. “Who’re you going to send out?”

[ ] Suika
[ ] Nitori
[ ] Takiko
[ ] Yourself
[ ] No one.
>> No. 6183
[x] Suika
>> No. 6184
[X] (Mini) Suikas

Just tell them to remain hidden as best they can when they go about scouting.
>> No. 6185
[X] (Mini) Suikas
>> No. 6186
[X] (Mini) Suikas

And give one last go-over of how bullets are dangerous and not to rely on reflexes or whatever. She's been drinking almost constantly since we met, so she must be pretty wasted.
>> No. 6187
[x] (Mini) Suikas

We explained that bullets are a lot faster than danmaku, right?
>> No. 6188
[X] (Mini) Suikas

>>6187
Can't remember, but a refresher course couldn't hurt.
>> No. 6189
[X] (Mini) Suikas
>> No. 6190
File 12202876554.jpg - (221.53KB , 825x1970 , 12089998127.jpg ) [iqdb]
6190
>>6188

BACK TO WORK, NIGGER

[X] (Mini) Suikas
>> No. 6191
[X] Takiko

Immortal fairy, can't die.

But...if Takiko dies here, will she ressurrect in Gensokyo?
>> No. 6192
File 122029609910.png - (207.12KB , 640x480 , 1220291633716.png ) [iqdb]
6192
UPDATES WHERE
>> No. 6193
[x] Suika

She can mistform in a pinch, so no worries there.
>> No. 6194
File 122030081455.jpg - (272.96KB , 850x1252 , sample-09e889b9032ad97d30443caf8abbed3f.jpg ) [iqdb]
6194
[x] Suika
>> No. 6195
[ ] Suika
>> No. 6196
[x] Suika

“Suika... er, Suikas?” This is confusing. You'll have to study this in dept later. Does she have multiple consciousnesses, or what? “You're up. Remember, bullets are faster than danmaku. Try to stay out of sight, and don't lead them back here.”

“Done and done!” One of the mini-Suika's nearest to you says. “Move out!”

The little legion runs outside and take off into the sky. You just sigh. Your mind is still reeling, trying to comprehend the specifics, but cover is more important. “Come on, Nitori,” You say, hobbling over to lend her tipsy self a hand in standing up. “We should at least get behind the car. Having a large hunk of metal between the bullets and me would make me feel a lot better.” You laugh, and turn to Takiko. “You, too. Who knows where you'd respawn.”

Nitori reaches for your hand, while Takiko flutters over. “Thanks. I think I've had a... bit too much.” She laughs. “This always happens when I drink. I wonder why that is?” She starts musing to herself as you lead her behind the car. “It's really strange. I always tell myself that I'm not going to, but---” She stumbles, and almost falls over. You manage to plant your fake leg firmly, drop the cane, and catch her.

“Ha... sorry.” She says, laughing sadly. “I'm really a nuisance sometimes, aren't I?”

“What? No, no...” You say, reaching down to pick up your cane after she regains her balance. “It's no trouble.” The trip to the rear of the car doesn't take much time. You sit down on the ground, and Nitori joins you. Takiko sits on your shoulder.

“It is trouble, though, isn't it?” Nitori says after a few moments, breaking the science. “I shouldn't have had so much. Now I'll have to wait a few hours before I can get started on the armor, and---”

“Nitori. Really, it's no big deal.” You say, waving your hand in a dismissive gesture. “As long as it's finished by tomorrow morning, it should be fine. I know you can do it. Hell,” you tap your leg, “you built this in two days.”

She giggles. “I did, didn't I?”

“You did. Then, you built something to counteract it in a little under a day.” You laugh. “Seriously. You deserve a break. Now may not be the optimal time, but as long as we don't get ambushed it should be fine.”

“Oh, I'll be fine in a few days if we get ambushed,” She says, looking a little sad. “But you might not.”

“True. But... Suika will be back soon.” You laugh. “I'm sure that with forty sentries guarding the place, we should be fine.”

“Oh, she can turn into a mist, too,” Nitori adds, giggling, “I don't think she's mentioned that yet.”

“A... mist?” You shake your head. “I wish I had known that earlier. I could have asked her to do that---”

A few more bursts of gunfire go off. These all sound like they're from the same weapon, though you're not entirely sure. Another few bursts, and a few more, and a few more. Eventually they're firing almost non-stop at something.

You try to peek over the hood of the car, and through the windows, but Nitori pulls you down by your shoulders. Takiko manages to flutter off of them in time.

“Be careful!” She says, sounding worried. “You said yourself that those weapons are dangerous.”

[ ] “Understood.” Grin at her. “I'll have you look next time.”
[ ] “They really aren't that close, you know. There's almost no threat at the moment.”
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 6197
>>6196
[X] Ask Takiko to find the nearest mini-Suika and tell us what they're thinking.
Hopefully she can at least mimic the expression Suika is making; we can infer from there.

[X]Pull Nitori in an embrace; position our backs towards the sound of the gunfire.
This kappa, we were meant to protect her.
>> No. 6198
[+] "Do you think Suika was noticed? I hope that's not her they're shooting at."
>> No. 6199
[X] Ask Takiko to find the nearest mini-Suika and tell us what they're thinking.
[X]Pull Nitori in an embrace; position our backs towards the sound of the gunfire.
*shrug* wandbaconing.
You don't fire guns with autofire unless you're panicing. Either the battle is really hectic or they spotted Suikae, either way we shouldn't stick our heads out there right now.
>> No. 6201
[X]Pull Nitori in an embrace;
This kappa, we were meant to protect her.

[X] "Do you think Suika was noticed? I hope that's not her they're shooting at."
>> No. 6202
[X] Ask Takiko to find the nearest mini-Suika and tell us what they're thinking.
[X]Pull Nitori in an embrace; position our backs towards the sound of the gunfire.
>> No. 6203
>[ ] Ask Takiko to find the nearest mini-Suika and tell us what they're thinking.

Stop that, we just said we wouldn't know where fairy-Igor respawned if something happened to her.

[X]Pull Nitori in an embrace; position our backs towards the sound of the gunfire.
>> No. 6204
[X] Pull Nitori in an embrace; position our backs towards the sound of the gunfire.

[X] Throw off a slick one-liner about how we'd get ourselves killed without Nitori around.
>> No. 6205
[Q]Pull Nitori in an embrace; position our backs towards the sound of the gunfire.

I like this vote.
>> No. 6214
File 122040809082.jpg - (143.71KB , 617x723 , 121494689474.jpg ) [iqdb]
6214
>>6203
In my defense, based on the time stamp, I was probably pretty drunk when I wrote that.
>> No. 6216
[x] Pull Nitori into an embrace; position your back towards the sound of the gunfire.

The gunfire keeps ramping up, new guns answering the call of the original that you had heard earlier. The gunfight seems to have re-erupted. You slid behind and wrap your arms around Nitori in one swift motion, trying to act heroic. She flinches, and then looks back at you.

“Wh... what are you doing?” She asks, startled.

“I’m shielding you from bullets. Hold still.”

She does. Her head turns back forward, allowing you to lean farther over her. Takiko manages to find her way into Nitori’s lap.

Eventually the gunfire dies down and stops all together, the whole thing ending with a last bit of automatic fire from some weapon. The city returns to it’s peaceful self, hopefully for a while. You contemplate standing up, but a few loud vehicles roar by. You manage to catch a glimpse of the last one by leaning and looking over your shoulder. It’s an APC of some kind. You decide that it’s not safe to come out yet. Takiko, however, does, and flies out of the giant group hug to take her place back on the standing toolbox. She starts to draw something.

Nitori seems a bit out of it from all the excitement. “This... feels nice,” She says, “if you exclude that whole gunfight aspect.”

“I agree.”

“Although...” She leans her head back to look at you. “I wouldn’t mind a little something more.”

You almost try to pinch yourself. Is this a dream? No, she’s just much more drunk than she looks. Ah, if only you weren’t stuck in a post-apocalyptic wasteland...

“Hey, are you guys all right?”

Suika has returned. Nitori seems as startled as you are. She made no noise, and seems to be full-sized. “I think they’re gone. We got ‘em all.”

“You attacked them?”

“No, the other guys in uniforms did. You know, like those guys at the airport? They’re the good guys, right?” You nod, and she continues. “Most of them were hurt, and the people that were left didn’t look like they’d make it.” She makes her arm into a fist. The fist turns into a fine mist, losing all form and becoming cloud like. “So I gave the bad guys something to worry about! Talking mist. They tried to shoot me, but it didn’t work... so the good guys took over and won. The survivors didn’t see me, I think.”

“Then you came back here?”

“I spread myself thin enough that no one could see me, first,” she says, “but yeah.”

[ ] “Wonderful. That’s a few less thugs we’ll have to worry about.”
[ ] “I thought I asked you to scout it out, not get involved.”
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 6217
File 122041243068.jpg - (433.82KB , 650x828 , 1435993.jpg ) [iqdb]
6217
>>6216
[X] “Wonderful. That’s a few less thugs we’ll have to worry about.”

Suika is good, Suika is wise.
>> No. 6218
>>6216

[x] "Initiative, situational awareness, and results!" Ruffle her hair. "Keep that up and you'll make mission commander, someday.”
>> No. 6219
[x] "Great work!" Free one of your arms. "Room for a third~"
>> No. 6220
[X] “Wonderful. That’s a few less thugs we’ll have to worry about.”
>> No. 6221
[x] "Great work!" Free one of your arms. "Room for a third~"
>> No. 6222
>>6219
Mmmmmmnah. We just shared a moment with Nitori, let's just let it end naturally rather than schizo it away.

[X] "Initiative, situational awareness, and results!" Ruffle her hair. "Keep that up and you'll make mission commander, someday.”

In fact, after we get back to Gensokyo, I say we make her a medal.
>> No. 6223
[X] “Wonderful. That’s a few less thugs we’ll have to worry about.”
>> No. 6224
[X] "Initiative, situational awareness, and results!" Ruffle her hair. "Keep that up and you'll make mission commander, someday.”
>> No. 6225
[x] "Initiative, situational awareness, and results!" Ruffle her hair. "Keep that up and you'll make mission commander, someday.”
>> No. 6226
[X] "Initiative, situational awareness, and results!" Ruffle her hair. "Keep that up and you'll make mission commander, someday.”

The hair.
It calls out to me.
>> No. 6227
[x] "Initiative, situational awareness, and results!" Ruffle her hair. "Keep that up and you'll make mission commander, someday.”

Must ruffle~
>> No. 6228
[x] "Initiative, situational awareness, and results!" Ruffle her hair. "Keep that up and you'll make mission commander, someday.”

Fist, power, awesome.
>> No. 6229
[+] "Initiative, situational awareness, and results!" Ruffle her hair. "Keep that up and you'll make mission commander, someday.”