[Return]
Archived Thread

File 121839741099.jpg - (107.78KB , 600x446 , 65ec3de2c54c46c0c4cf7b7682ef6daa.jpg ) [iqdb]
5453 No. 5453
[x] “Not really. I just figured it would be more interesting than staying with Yukari when she’s like this.”

“Not really.” You shrug. “I just figured it would be more interesting than staying with Yukari when she’s like this. She seems like an interesting person, but...” Well, you leave it hang.

“Ah, that’s true. She has been pretty boring today.” Suika sighs. “I guess she’s got a lotta work to do.”

“Right.” You nod sagely. “Let’s leave her to that.”

“Ok!” Suika says, grinning. “Lead on, Bill.”

You head into the air, rising slowly. “Well, my room is this way,” You say, motioning to her. “Follow me.”

After a minute or two, she asks you curiously. “Why’re you goin’ so slow?”

“Oh,” You say, sighing, “I had an accident this morning that messed with my, uh... superpowers. It would probably be better if you didn’t mention it around Nitori.”

“Why’s that?”

“Well, uh... she thinks it’s her fault.” You say. “It’s more mine than hers, but she almost killed me in the process, so I guess she still feels responsible.”

“What’re your powers, anyway?” Suika asks. She seems pretty cheerful for how tired she was earlier. “I can control density.” She smacks her fist into her flat chest. “And I’m an Oni, so I’ve got super strength to go with it. That’s pretty useful, don’t you think?”

You laugh. “It sure is. I don’t know how much Yukari told you, but that makes you perfect for this mission. As for my powers... hmm,” you pause for a moment, thinking it over.

[ ] Write-in.

>> No. 5455
[Q] "I have the mental ability of a thousand men, plus some, and can convert it into magical attacks."
>> No. 5456
[x] "I hold the power of Super Science."
>> No. 5459
[+] "I have the mental ability of a thousand men, plus some, and can convert it into magical attacks. Meaning, basically, I hold the power of Super Science!"

>“I can control density.” She smacks her fist into her flat chest.
So, what, she's tiny because she's super high-density?
That explains the size difference between her and Yuugi.
>> No. 5460
[ ] "I have the mental ability of over a thousand men, and can convert it into danmaku."
[ ] "I also hold the power of Super Science."
>> No. 5461
[x] "I have the mental ability of a thousand men, plus some, and can convert it into magical attacks. Meaning, basically, I hold the power of Super Science!"
>> No. 5462
[X] "I have the mental ability of a thousand men, plus some, and can convert it into magical attacks. Meaning, basically, I hold the power of Super Science!"
[X] Pose several times, and flex.

Science rules.
>> No. 5464
File 121839900423.gif - (51.21KB , 408x325 , 1206656297277.gif ) [iqdb]
5464
[X] "I have the mental ability of a thousand men, plus some, and can convert it into magical attacks. Meaning, basically, I hold the power of Super Science!"
[X] Pose several times, and flex.

SUPPA SCIENCE BETTER THAN SUPPA TENKO?
>> No. 5465
>>5464
But we have both!
>> No. 5466
File 121839985749.jpg - (591.97KB , 1039x1509 , MANservice8.jpg ) [iqdb]
5466
>>5465

ಠ_ಠ

5464

[X] "I have the mental ability of a thousand men, plus some, and can convert it into magical attacks. Meaning, basically, I hold the power of Super Science!"
[X] Pose several times, and flex.
>> No. 5468
[X] "I have the mental ability of a thousand men, plus some, and can convert it into magical attacks. Meaning, basically, I hold the power of Super Science!"
[X] Pose several times, and flex.

Too awesome to pass up.
>> No. 5469
[X] "I have the mental ability of a thousand men, plus some, and can convert it into magical attacks. Meaning, basically, I hold the power of Super Science!"
[X] Pose several times, and flex.

HOO-AH!
>> No. 5478
[x] "I have the mental ability of over a thousand men, and can convert it into danmaku."

Hummmm.
>> No. 5479
[X] "I have the mental ability of a thousand men, plus some, and can convert it into magical attacks. Meaning, basically, I hold the power of Super Science!"
[X] Pose several times, and flex.

“I,” you say in a deep voice, “have the mental ability of a thousand men, and the ability to transform that power into magical attacks.” Striking a pose in mid-air while continuing your forward motion doesn’t prove to be too hard. Turning around, you face Suika. She’s got a giant grin on her face. You cross your real leg over your fake one and move your arms into a power rangers pose. “I hold the power of...” You flex, taking on a wrestling pose now. “Super Science!”

“Ahahaha!” She says, clapping. “Great introduction! Have you done this before?”

“Nope.” You smile. “Though, I’m a bit of an amateur actor.”

You turn back around to get your bearings. Flying into something right now would be a bit stupid.

“So, you’re some kind of genius youkai, then?” She asks. “We’ve already got a few of those.”

“Half-youkai,” you correct, not wanting to be misunderstood. “And I’m still learning the extent of my powers. Right now I’m pretty sure I’d go insane if I thought about something hard enough.”

“Oh, that too bad.” Suika says, sounding a little disappointed. “I was hoping we could fight later.”

“Later? That shouldn’t be too much of a problem.” You say. “I do plan to learn how to use it eventually. I’d be glad to fight you.” The last part still seems a little strange to you but, looking back, she seems happy with it. They’ve certainly got an odd culture here.

“Ah,” you say, pointing the stairs that are now in sight, “Here we are. I’ve got a room upstairs.”

You land, and Ruukoto catches your eye. A devilish plan forms in your mind. If the world really is in chaos, as Yukari implied, nuclear supplies should be easier to acquire. And besides, with your new abilities, slipping into a nuclear facility wouldn’t be too much trouble in the first place. You wonder...

“...hey, you there?”

“Oh, yeah.” You say, snapping out of your thoughts. Suika’s waving a hand in front of your face. You really should work on controlling this better. “Sorry. I was just zoning out.”

“That’s OK.” She says, heading for the stairs. “Come on, let’s go pack.”

“Right.” You nod and start hobbling along. This leg’s going to be a nuisance in the outside world. You hope it’s healed by the time your flight lands. “It’s the second room on the left, if you don’t want to wait for my slowness.”

“Gotchya. I’ll meet ya up there,” Suika says, smiling. She runs up the stairs like a little kid, the mysterious purple gourd bouncing at her side. You wonder where her luggage is. Perhaps Yukari already took care of it.

You reach the top of the stairs and notice that the door to Nitori’s room is open slightly.

[ ] Make a surprise appearance. It shouldn’t take you too long to pack, anyway. You have some time to kill.
[ ] Go pack. It shouldn’t take very long, and you wouldn’t want to keep Suika waiting.
>> No. 5480
[x] Go pack. It shouldn’t take very long, and you wouldn’t want to keep Suika waiting.
>> No. 5481
[x] Go pack. It shouldn’t take very long, and you wouldn’t want to keep Suika waiting.

>A devilish plan forms in your mind. If the world really is in chaos, as Yukari implied, nuclear supplies should be easier to acquire. And besides, with your new abilities, slipping into a nuclear facility wouldn’t be too much trouble in the first place.
Holy crap, Bill. Raiding facilities for radioactive material?
>> No. 5483
[X] Make a surprise appearance. It shouldn’t take you too long to pack, anyway. You have some time to kill.
>> No. 5484
[⌬] Make a surprise appearance. It shouldn’t take you too long to pack, anyway. You have some time to kill.
>> No. 5485
[x] Go pack. It shouldn’t take very long, and you wouldn’t want to keep Suika waiting.
>> No. 5489
[x] Make a surprise appearance. It shouldn’t take you too long to pack, anyway. You have some time to kill.
>> No. 5492
>>5481

Gotta get the raw material to power Ruukoto one way or another.

[x] Go pack. It shouldn’t take very long, and you wouldn’t want to keep Suika waiting.
>> No. 5494
>>5481
It's a reasonable venture in the name of SCIENCE!

[+] Go pack. It shouldn’t take very long, and you wouldn’t want to keep Suika waiting.
>> No. 5495
[x] Go pack. It shouldn’t take very long, and you wouldn’t want to keep Suika waiting.
>> No. 5496
Updates tomorrow as I'm going to sleep.
>> No. 5498
[x] Go pack. It shouldn’t take very long, and you wouldn’t want to keep Suika waiting.
>> No. 5500
>>5494
Plus, we'll be back to Gensokyo in no time!

[Q] Go pack. It shouldn’t take very long, and you wouldn’t want to keep Suika waiting.
>> No. 5505
[x] Go pack. It shouldn’t take very long, and you wouldn’t want to keep Suika waiting.

You continue on to your room; might as well get the packing out of the way now. Anything you’ve got to say, really, could be said later. You open the door to find Suika sitting on your bed.

“You really don’t have much stuff,” she says, as you enter the room.

You head over to the clothing pile and give it an under-arm toss to the bed. “Not really, no. I didn’t come here with much.”

You take off your lab coat and toss it into the pile, making sure to liberate your pen first. There’s no reason to wear it around in the outside world; the shirt underneath should be enough.

“Aww, you’re not gonna wear the coat?” Suika seems disappointed. “You look better with it on.”

You laugh. “Really? I think so, too. But, when in Rome...”

She just gives you a strange look, obviously not getting the saying.

“What’s ‘Rome’? Is that where we’re going?”

You take the largest lab coat you can and begin to wrap the rest of the clothes inside, much like you did to get them here from Kourindou. “I don’t know. That was an expression, sorry. It basically means ‘do as the local populous does.’”

You tie the sleeves together, generating a large sack of clothing. A suitcase would be much better. Perhaps, if you get going quickly enough, you can pick one up with the money Yukari is giving you. You’re starting to miss your wallet about now.

“Ah, want some help with that?” Suika seems to be looking over your shoulder, a curious look on her face.

“Oh, I think I’ve got it well in hand, unl... oh, right.” She can control density. You wonder if that extends to clothing. “Go ahead. Show me what you can do.”

“Ok!” She grins. “Watch this!”

Suddenly, the entire wad of clothing shrinks. It’s very disturbing to watch, almost mind-bending. They lose their form for the most part, fusing together into a gray something the side of a golf ball. You reach out to touch it, almost instinctively, but notice that it’s very hot... as it should be. Fearing the worst for the bed, you knock it off with your cane, causing it to land on the cave floor nearby. It requires quite a bit of effort, as it still weighs as much as it should. It leaves a small scorch mark on the bed.

“Awesome.” You say, grinning at her. “You can do that in reverse, too, right?”

“Yep.” She seems proud of herself.

“That black hole doesn’t stand a chance,” you say, reaching down to feel for heat from the clothing. It seems to have lost most of it, so you pick it up in your off hand. It’s very heavy. Truly, this is an interesting power. You want to pocket it, but get the feeling it would just weigh you down.

“Let’s get moving, then” you say, hobbling for the door. “We wouldn’t want to keep Yukari waiting, would we?”

As you open the door, Nitori speed-walks past you, carrying a piece of paper and a nail. She seems to be heading towards the front of the cave.

“Hey, Nitori,” You call out, “What’s up?”

She stops, and turns back to you. “Oh, I’m just leaving a note for Hina. I’ve got a few other things to take care of before I leave, too.”

[ ] Offer to help.
[ ] Go downstairs.
>> No. 5506
[ ] Offer to help.
>> No. 5507
[X] Offer to help.

We're a nice guy.
>> No. 5508
[x] Offer to help.
>> No. 5509
[x] Offer to help.
Of course.

Where's Takiko, anyway?
>> No. 5512
[ x ] Offer to help.
>> No. 5513
[x] Offer to help.

“Hey, you need any help?”

Nitori pauses for a second. “Hmm...could you put this on the door?” She hands you the note and nail. You fold up the note and stick it in your pocket, while the nail goes between the fingers on your cane hand. “I’ve got a few things to turn off. Thanks,” Saying this, she makes for the kitchen.

You sigh. “Alright.” You look to Suika. “Let’s go take care of this.”

She gives you a mock salute. “Aye aye, Captain!”

This... should prove to be an interesting trip. You head down to the door and open it, set your cane against the wall, and take out the note. There’s nothing special about it; it basically says that you and her are going to be gone for a while.

Still, you don’t have a hammer, but...

Well, the wood is soft enough. You just use your lump of condensed clothes, and it proves to be somewhat effective. With the paper in place, you turn back to Suika. She’s just giving you a strange look.

“What? I can’t just push the nail into the wood.” You smile. “I don’t have super strength, after all.”

She grins. “You could’ve asked, ya know?”

“I could have.” You look back to the kitchen door. It’s still open, so you walk towards it. “But that’s no fun.” Peeking inside, you yell out. “Hey, Nitori. That’s done... anything else?”

She peeks out from inside the walk-in food cabinet. “Oh, nothing else. I was just turning off the power for the kitchen.” She returns to the inside of the cabinet. “I’ll meet you downstairs.”

“Fair enough,” You say, returning to the hall. “We’re worthless, Suika. Let’s go hang out downstairs.”

She laughs. "Are you always like this?"

“I try to be.”

You hobble your way over to and down the stairs. Again, you let Suika go ahead of you. Upon reaching the bottom, you find Takiko, Suika, and Yukari. Suika has taken a seat on a nearby workbench, looking at her passport, while Takiko reads over her shoulder. The handbag seems to be holding up well. Yukari, still using that crazy space distortion stuff as a lounge chair, greets you.

“Oh?” She asks, leaning back further. “Where did the kappa go?”

“She’s, uh...”

“Right here.”

Turning around, you find Nitori at the base of the stairs. She sounds fairly cheerful.

“Good.” Yukari looks at all of you. “Are you ready to leave yet?”

[ ] “I am. Is everyone else?”
[ ] Ask if there’s time to give a crash-course in mannerisms.
[ ] Memorize the name on the passport, first. You’ve got no idea how soon you’ll need to use it.
>> No. 5514
[X] Memorize the name on the passport, first. You’ve got no idea how soon you’ll need to use it.
>> No. 5515
[ ] Memorize the name on the passport, first. You’ve got no idea how soon you’ll need to use it.
>> No. 5516
[X] Memorize the name on the passport, first. You’ve got no idea how soon you’ll need to use it.
>> No. 5518
[x] Memorize the name on the passport, first. You’ve got no idea how soon you’ll need to use it.

"John Freeman"
>> No. 5521
>>5518


FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 5523
[x] Memorize the name on the passport, first. You’ve got no idea how soon you’ll need to use it.

"Ur A. Faget"

.....

RAAAAAAGE
>> No. 5524
[Y] Memorize the name on the passport, first. You’ve got no idea how soon you’ll need to use it.
>> No. 5525
[x] Memorize the name on the passport, first. You’ve got no idea how soon you’ll need to use it.

Brother of Gordon Freeman.
>> No. 5526
[x] Memorize the name on the passport, first. You’ve got no idea how soon you’ll need to use it.

>>5520
>"Alright. My new name is...Ayman al-Zawahiri."
>"..."
I lol'd, I admit.
>> No. 5527
[x] Memorize the name on the passport, first. You’ve got no idea how soon you’ll need to use it.

“Ah, hold up.” You say, generating a glare from Yukari, “I want to see who I am, first.”

You set your cane down and reach into your pocket. Opening the passport again, you take a better look. It’s... an American passport, for an American. Gordon Chaykin. He’s a bit younger than you really are, was born in a different state, but that doesn’t matter too much. You repeat it a few times in your head. It should be easy enough to remember.

“Gordon.” You repeat. “Sounds kind of cool. Suika, what does yours say?”

“It’s in a different language.” She frowns. “I don’t know.”

“Emma.” Yukari interjects. “Emma MacLeod. Is that all, then?”

You stifle a laugh. Suika is somewhat of an immortal, right?

Looking over, you see Takiko climbing into Nitori’s backpack, which is now on the ground with a small pile of stuff around it. Takiko and her bag fit inside quite nicely, with a little room for her move around. You guess that they were getting ready while you were memorizing your thing. You grab your cane walk over, ignoring Yukari for the moment.

“Hey, are you going to be all right?” You ask Takiko, “I mean, it’s a little cramped.”

She nods, and then makes a fake sleeping motion. Perhaps she can sleep at will.

Looking back to Yukari, it looks like she’s starting to lose a bit of her patience. The amused look she had before has become boredom, and her finger is tapping very slightly on the edge of her fan.

“I’ll repeat myself. Are you ready now?”

Nitori gets her backpack back on, and you give Yukari a nod.

“Good.” Her malicious smile returns. “Now, then. Don’t fail.”

Suddenly, you drop. The floor is simply removed from below you, and you plummet into that space that Yukari had been messing around with. It’s much more disturbing to actually be inside of it. The entire space is beyond comprehension... to your human mind, at least. None of this makes any sort of sense. The entire space seems to be composed of impossible objects and unblinking eyeballs. The others are nowhere to be seen.

After a few seconds, however, you leave just as abruptly as you had entered, a hole opening up beneath you again. The gravity shifts as you exit the hole. It seems it was pointed horizontally, as you end up doing a few rolls on the pavement from your speed. The thick air of civilization fills your lungs, and the ever present din of the city fills your ears. The sky is overcast, grey, and it seems as if it has just rained. The pavement is still damp. This seems to be an alleyway. Behind you, you hear footsteps.

“Are you all right?”

Turning around, you notice that it’s Nitori. They seem to have walked out of one of those gaps, instead of simply being dropped out of one.

“Oh,” You say, standing up with the help of your cane, “I’m fine. The landing was a bit rough, but...”

Suika is simply staring at the sides of the two building in awe. “Wha...?”

“Apartment buildings or something,” You explain briefly. Nitori joins in on the gawking. “We run out of room in the cities easily, so we simply build upwards now. It saves on space.”

“How does it stay up?” Suika asks, obviously amazed.

“Steel and concrete, right?” Nitori says, a little miffed, “It’s kind of disgusting looking, if you ask me.”

“I agree,” You say, “But that’s only because we’re in an alleyway. Architects can whip up some cool things sometimes, but squares are easier to build.”

“That’s true.” She admits. “I guess on a large scale that would make sense.”

“So, now what?” Suika asks, still looking skyward.

Now what, indeed. You really have no idea where you are, and you’ve got a flight to catch in... one hour, thirty six minutes, according to your watch.

[ ] Walk out of the alley and ask for directions, like a normal person.
[ ] The alleyway doesn’t seem to have windows. Fly up and take a look around.
[ ] Walk out of the alley and call for a taxi, like a normal person.
>> No. 5528
[ ] Walk out of the alley and call for a taxi, like Bill.
>> No. 5529
[X]Ask nitori to turn on her camo
[X]Walk out of the alley and call for a taxi, like a normal person.
>> No. 5531
[x] Walk out of the alley and ask for directions, like a normal person.

'Cause Bill doesn't have any money for a taxi...does he?
>> No. 5532
>>5531
I forgot to give him money last scene due to my absentmindedness. It'll be fixed in the next one, so... don't take that part into account.
>> No. 5533
[ ] Walk out of the alley and ask for directions, like a normal person.
>> No. 5534
[ ] Walk out of the alley and call for a taxi, like Bill.
>> No. 5535
[ ] Walk out of the alley and call for a taxi, like a normal person.
>> No. 5538
[ ] Walk out of the alley and call for a taxi, like a normal person.
>> No. 5540
[ ] Walk out of the alley and call for a taxi, like Bill.
>> No. 5542
[Y] Walk out of the alley and call for a taxi, like Bill.
>> No. 5549
[µ] Walk out of the alley and whistle for a cab and when it came near the license plate said "fresh" and had a dice in the mirror If anything I could say that this cab was rare But I thought now forget it, yo home to bel-air

I pulled up to a house about seven or eight And I yelled to the cabby "yo, home smell you later" Looked at my kingdom I was finally there To settle my throne as the prince of bel-air
>> No. 5551
But Bill is a normal person so yeah.
===================
[x] Walk out of the alley and call for a taxi, like a normal person.

“Oh,” Nitori says, reaching into one of the pockets on her shirt, “Before I forget. Yukari gave me this.”

She hands you a wallet. You open it, and find a mixture of yen and US dollars. If you converted it all over to US dollars, you’d have a little under $500. Not bad, not bad...

“Ah, thanks,” You say, stuffing it in your pocket. “”Now, let’s get out of this alleyway, shall we? We should go find a cab to take us to the airport.”

Suika looks at you, confused.

“A car for hire,” You add. “We’ll be able to have the cab drop us off at the airport. And Nitori?” You sigh. “No offence, but Suika is weird enough.” Suika just smiles at you. “Could you turn on that optical camouflage of yours?”

“Hm?” She gives you a curious look. “I guess.” She simply vanishes from existence. “Why am I so weird?”

You start walking for the exit to the alleyway, talking as you go. “Well, most people see blue hair as something strange. Suika, could you shrink your gourd, too?”

She sighs. “I guess.” You hear a strange noise, but don’t turn around to look. You know what it is.

Peeking your head out into the street, you notice that there aren’t many people. A few cars, but not nearly the amount there should be. It doesn’t look like it, but... maybe this is a side street?

“Huh,” you say, shrugging. “I guess we’ll need to go further up.”

Suika walks with you, interested more in the traffic than where you’re going. “Is that a car?” She sounds excited. This is going to be interesting. You remember your grandfather telling you stories of his first car ride. You get the feeling it’ll be much the same to them.

Then, while turning around once to check on Suika, you spot a taxi. You signal to the guy to get his attention. You’re not very good with people of Asian ethnicity, but this guy looks to be about middle aged.

“Ah, Emma, my dear,” You say, motioning to the inside of the cab. “Take a seat. Ladies first.”

Suika gives you a big grin, and then enters the cab. Maybe if she’s behind the driver he won’t be able to see her excitement.

“Nitori,” You say in an almost-whisper, looking skyward to pass it off as mumbling to yourself. “Give me a tap when you’re in.” You open the door to the cab, and after a few seconds hear a tap on the back glass.

“Where to?” He asks, politely, but his gaze oozes suspicion. It’s obvious that he’s uncomfortable with your presence in some way.

“Tokyo International.” You say, remembering the name on your tickets.

The driver takes it out of park and starts to roll down the road. Suika starts to freak out slightly, reaching for the door handle, but she keeps quiet about the whole thing. Obviously, you can’t see what Nitori is doing.

“So,” The driver asks, making eye contact through the overhead mirror, “You two tourists?”

[ ] “We’re with the Red Cross.”
[ ] “Something like that.”
[ ] “It’s none of your business, is it?”
>> No. 5552
>>5466
Source?
>> No. 5553
[X] “It’s none of your business, is it?”

This is a suspicious time, and this is probably how most people would act. I don't see any good in revealing that we're from the Red Cross... who knows what people are doing to organizations like that right now.

>>5552

Kemorebi Note - "Miss Yukari @ Please Put On Some Clothes!"
>> No. 5555
[X] “It’s none of your business, is it?”
>> No. 5556
[x] “Something like that.”
>> No. 5557
[X] “We’re with the Red Cross.”

Nothing more suspicious, not to mention rude, than blatently turning asside the question and cab drivers can make life annyoing if you aren't polite to them. Saying we're with the red cross garners little suspicion, but it would likely make him like us more. Besides, maybe we can learn what the hell is going on.
>> No. 5558
[X] “We’re with the Red Cross.”
>> No. 5560
[X] “We’re with the Red Cross.”
>> No. 5564
>[X] “We’re with the Red Cross.”
Wins. First to three. I'd let the vote run longer, but I want to gb2/writing/
>> No. 5567
[x] "ur a faget"
>> No. 5569
[x] “We’re with the Red Cross.”

“We’re with the Red Cross,” You say with a straight face. Time to put those acting skills to use. This conversation could be good practice for later.

You don’t have any credentials, aside from your passport. It’s not like the cab driver is suddenly going to ask to see them, right?

“’Zat so?” He asks, his gaze shifting between you and the road. “She’s a bit young for that, isn’t she?” He motions to Suika with his thumb.

Suika looks like she’s going to try and speak up. You give her a look and lean forward, getting as close to the cab driver as you can. “An endocrine disease. She’s a lot older than she looks,” you say, whispering, “She doesn’t like to talk about it.”

The cabbie looks back at you, “Sorry... I didn’t know.” Looks like you’ve knocked him off balance with your acting. Silence follows, giving you a little time to form a fake identity, but after a little while he speaks up. “So, what’re you doing in Tokyo, anyway? I’d think they would need guys like you in Europe, what, with all the people being displaced by those riots and all.”

“Oh, we're just waiting for our plane to be loaded up. I guess they’re picking up some supplies here.” This... is not sitting well with you. Joking is one thing, but lying is another. Especially to some cab driver about being in the Red Cross. “We’ve been living in Indonesia since that tsunami a few years ago; they’ve decided to fly out group in to help. Emma and I were just out doing a little sightseeing.”

“You speak pretty good Japanese for someone who’s been living in Indonesia,” the guy adds, his voice a mixture of suspicion and a milder curiosity.

You laugh. “It’s my second language. Indonesian is my third. I’ve always held an interest in Japanese culture.”

“English is first?” He asks in awkward sounding English. You try to respond, in English, but...

...shit. You haven’t been trying to speak in Japanese, you’ve simply been speaking. Can you even speak English anymore? Looking outside the car window, it looks like you’re nearing your destination. There’s tamarack to your right. You weren’t dropped very far from the airport at all, it seems.

[ ] Let your thoughts flow a bit. You might still be able to speak it with a bit of mental trickery.
[ ] Fake it. “Yes” isn’t difficult.
[ ] “No. My first language is German.”
[ ] Stall.
>> No. 5570
[ x ] Let your thoughts flow a bit. You might still be able to speak it with a bit of mental trickery.
>> No. 5572
[ ] “No. My first language is German.”
>> No. 5573
>>5562
Except...we're not taking part in any sort of military operation, so no.
>> No. 5574
[x] Fake it. “Yes” isn’t difficult.

Eh, sure, why not? We're almost already at the destination, and it'd be troublesome for Bill to suddenly zone out.
>> No. 5575
[ ] Fake it. “Yes” isn’t difficult.
>> No. 5577
[+] “No. My first language is German.”
German is a major language in Switzerland, where CERN is located. If Bill was there for any length of time, he should know at least some amount of German - at least up to conversational level.
>> No. 5578
[+] “No. My first language is German.”

This one sits well with me... Ya isn't that hard, anyways, if he can't speak it well. Uuhh.. Would probably suffice for that, if he can't speak it at least partially competantly.
>> No. 5579
[x] “No. My first language is German.”
[x] If he asks about English, tell him you only began learning very recently.
>> No. 5580
>>5569

Yeah, I just noticed that too. Changing my vote to

[x] “No. My first language is German.”
[x] If he asks about English, tell him you only began learning very recently.
>> No. 5581
[x] "Mmmhmmm" humming is not bound by language.

Although, we are going to have to find out if we can speak English sooner or later.
>> No. 5584
[x] "No, my first language is German."
(Makes sense, as we were working in Switzerland... albeit the French end of it, but what the hell. Plus, Elevens totally dig German crap.)
[x] If he asks about tell him you only began learning very recently.

Also, letting our thoughts flow seems to be a "I let my leg do the thinking" option, which I believe we're trying to stay away from.
>> No. 5585
>>5584
Also:
>tamarack
Isn't that a kind of bush in Mexico? I think you mean tarmac, which is asphalt/pavement stuff.
>> No. 5587
[x] "No, my first language is German."

“Nein.” You say. Interesting. You can force the sounds, but the vocabulary isn’t natural at all. You pick the words out of your memory and form them into a sentence, using the grammar rules from memory, before speaking. Smiling, you try to play this off as a dramatic effect. “Deutsch ist meine erste Sprache.” It comes out with a slight Japanese accent, or rather you assume that’s what it was, but overall it’s passable. Probably.

“What?” The driver turns most of his head around, obviously not expecting to hear that. It’s only for a moment, but he smiles and turns back around.

You laugh. “I said ‘No. My first language is German.’” You say again, this time normally... and thus, in Japanese. “But I know enough English to get by. They hadn’t started teaching it in school when I was growing up.”

He seems to buy it. That... was a bit too close for comfort. You breathe an inaudible sigh of relief.

“Interesting,” He says, “You must be worried about your relatives back home, huh?”

“I am.” You’ve got no relatives in Switzerland, France, or the surrounding countries. “I haven’t been able to contact them.”

“That’s not too surprising,” he says, frowning. “I hear most of the phones are down.”

“Yeah, so did I.” You let out a sad laugh. “After I tried to call them, of course.”

“Well, I’m sure they’ll be fine.” The cabbie adds. The main terminal comes into view ahead of you. “Well, here we are.” He pulls up to the unloading zone and reads off your fee. You pay him, and give an appropriate tip. Departing the cab proves to be a non-issue, as Suika somehow manages to avoid bumping into Nitori completely.

“Hey, good luck over there,” The cab driver says, smiling. You handled that pretty well.

“Hey, good luck over here,” You say, waving back. He departs, leaving the three of you standing at the foot of a mostly deserted terminal. It’s eerie. There should be more people than this. Yukari did say that getting a flight was hard, but...

“Beautiful performance,” Nitori says, startling you. “And... are all cars that noisy? All of the ones I’ve built are much quieter than that, though the seat was comfortable.”

“The car ride was cool,” Suika admits. Turning around, you see that she’s frowning “but this place is really strange. And you were making most of that up, weren’t you?”

You sigh. “Yeah. I didn’t know how badly this situation has people spooked, so I figured I’d play it on the safe side. I hope I don’t have to do it again.”

“I hope so, too.” She says, looking uneasy. “I don’t know if I can be friends with a liar.”

The gloomy sky adds to her words, causing you to feel uneasy as well. You do have morals, after all.

“I know that I’m going to need to do so to get us on this flight.” You say calmly. It’s true. You’ve assumed a fake identity for the time being. “After that, I don’t think it’ll be necessary. Is that OK?” You ask, looking at her. “I’d hate to be offensive doing something I don’t want to do.”

“I... can deal with it,” Suika says, mumbling the last part. She sounds sincere. “But after this, you won’t lie anymore?”

“I’ll try my best,” You say. “Humans tend to lie by nature, so I might slip up, but... I’ll try.”

She seems satisfied with this.

“So, shall we go in?” Nitori asks, having shifted to the other side of your body. You wonder if she’s doing it to mess with your head intentionally; if so, it seems to be working. Glancing at your watch, you have plenty of time before the flight leaves. Normally you’d be right on time, but with the lack of people... well, you don’t think there will be much of a wait for boarding.

[ ] Stay out here and think through things that could go wrong for a while. Forethought will reduce how much you’ll have to think on your feet.
[ ] Enter. If you get on the plane now, you have more time to think about where to stash Nitori.
[ ] Enter, but don’t get on the plane right away. Pick up some literature for Suika and Nitori to read at the airport book store.
>> No. 5588
>>5585
orz
>> No. 5589
[x] Enter, but pay attention to the procedural signs and whatnot. Anyone taking a flight these days is probably prepared to deal with the greater hassle and security increase, so you should learn what to expect.

Anyway, Nitori can bypass all that, hop on the plane beside us, which will likely be empty, and ride with us. Food situation will be a little fn to handle, though with apparently only 2 people eating 4 peoples' worth of food.

>“I hope so, too.” She says, looking uneasy. “I don’t know if I can be friends with a liar.”
Shit fuck argh and a half
I forgot about Suika and lying! Damn, this will make things difficult.
>> No. 5590
[ ] Enter, but don’t get on the plane right away. Pick up some literature for Suika and Nitori to read at the airport book store.
>> No. 5594
>>5592

Only our leg.
>> No. 5595
{X} Enter. If you get on the plane now, you have more time to think about where to stash Nitori.
>> No. 5599
>>5592
>>5594

BEEP

"Sir, we'll have to ask you to remove any metallic objects on your person.

THUNK

"Got a bonesaw?"
>> No. 5600
[x] Stay out here and think through things that could go wrong for a while. Forethought will reduce how much you’ll have to think on your feet.

Let's hope '[x] Think' is not Bill's version of '[x] Anemia option'.
>> No. 5601
[Q] Enter. If you get on the plane now, you have more time to think about where to stash Nitori.

Our lap?
>> No. 5602
[X] Stay out here and think through things that could go wrong for a while. Forethought will reduce how much you’ll have to think on your feet.
>> No. 5603
>>5589
Yeah, how's she going to pretend to be "Emma"?
>> No. 5604
[ ] Stay out here and think through things that could go wrong for a while. Forethought will reduce how much you’ll have to think on your feet.
>> No. 5605
>>5603

We do the talking for her when it comes to her identity, I suppose.
>> No. 5606
[ ] Stay out here and think through things that could go wrong for a while. Forethought will reduce how much you’ll have to think on your feet.
>> No. 5608
[x] Stay out here and think through things that could go wrong for a while. Forethought will reduce how much you’ll have to think on your feet.

“Not yet,” you say, noticing a nearby bench. “I want to come up with a few things that could go wrong first.” You hobble over and take a seat, leaning forward on your cane. It’s a very dignified thinking pose. Suika takes a seat next to you.

There still aren’t many people around, and the bench is far enough off the path to enter and exit the building. As soon as you begin to think, you realize that it would probably be a good idea to talk this through. It would reduce the chance of you getting lost in your own mind. As long as you don’t try to comprehend everything, you should be fine, right?

The first thing is baggage. You think, with some creative talking, you could say you’ve already sent it ahead. The number of times you’ve lost luggage in transit is not insubstantial, and you’ve considered doing that many times before.

The second thing that comes to mind is Suika and her identity. “Suika, you’re going to have to stay close to me,” You say, “People are going to ask your name. Either I’ll answer, or you’ll have to hand them your passport and hope for the best.” You sigh. “I think, that with a bit of social engineering, we can manage, but... social engineering would require proper dress.” You grin. “I wonder if this place is big enough to have a clothing store.”

Looking down, you realize you’ll have to find some shoes, too. Your leg will need to be concealed. Your pants extend down far enough that you can’t actually see anything but the very bottom of the ball on your leg, but a shoe would easily fix that. But... shit. You’ll have to remove those for the metal detector.

“Hey, Nitori?” You ask to the air, not knowing where she is. “How much metal does this leg contain?”

“Metal?” She asks, curiously, “It’s not completely metal, but good portions of it are. Why?”

“Metal detectors,” You say, silently cursing. “They’ll want an explanation for it. I doubt ‘youkai prosthetic leg’ would be an acceptable excuse. The x-ray machines will pick it up, too, if this airport has those already.”

Although, this might not be all bad. You do have an invisible person to aid you. An idea forms in your mind.

[ ] Have Nitori try to disable them.
[ ] Have Nitori try to confuse the operators by setting off the devices with her invisible self.
[ ] Have Nitori distract the operators, allowing you to slip by.
[ ] Try to talk your way through security.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 5609
[ ] Try to talk your way through security.
>> No. 5610
[Q] Have Nitori try to disable them.

If it registers a false positive, you'll run into other troubles. If she just makes show negative right when you and the others pass through, then re-enables it, everything should go fine, though.
>> No. 5612
[X] Think through the way metal detectors must work, and try to think of a way to disable one while keeping it seemingly working. Discuss this with nirori quietly while walking. If you think of a good way, have nitori carefully go try it. If you can't think of a good way, try to talk your way through.

Conditionals, people!
>> No. 5613
[X] Think through the way metal detectors must work, and try to think of a way to disable one while keeping it seemingly working. Discuss this with nirori quietly while walking. If you think of a good way, have nitori carefully go try it. If you can't think of a good way, try to talk your way through.
Fair enough sport, you've been crooked with me so far.
>> No. 5614
[X] Think through the way metal detectors must work, and try to think of a way to disable one while keeping it seemingly working. Discuss this with nirori quietly while walking. If you think of a good way, have nitori carefully go try it. If you can't think of a good way, try to talk your way through.
>> No. 5615
[X] Think through the way metal detectors must work, and try to think of a way to disable one while keeping it seemingly working. Discuss this with nirori quietly while walking. If you think of a good way, have nitori carefully go try it. If you can't think of a good way, try to talk your way through.
>> No. 5616
[X] Think through the way metal detectors must work, and try to think of a way to disable one while keeping it seemingly working. Discuss this with Nitori quietly while walking. If you think of a good way, have Nitori carefully go try it. If you can't think of a good way, try to talk your way through.
>> No. 5618
[X] Think through the way metal detectors must work, and try to think of a way to disable one while keeping it seemingly working. Discuss this with Nitori quietly while walking. If you think of a good way, have Nitori carefully go try it. If you can't think of a good way, try to talk your way through.

You stand up. The place is deserted enough that you could probably get away with walking and talking. You face Suika, talking quietly. “Nod every so often while I’m talking, would you?” You smile. “I wouldn’t want to seem insane. I’ve got something to check out inside.”

You start to stroll towards the doors. There still aren’t very many people here, and a quick glance at the nearby flight board shows you why. There are exactly two flights scheduled; yours, the one bound for Munich, and another bound for Boston. Most of the spots are empty. You understand now why Yukari said it was difficult to find you a flight. They must only be allowing essential flights to run.

“Nitori,” You say, speaking quietly to Suika, “do you know how metal detectors work?”

“The basics, sure.” She says, also quietly, from somewhere immediately behind Suika. “Why?”

You motion towards the general direction of the security checkpoint. It doesn’t seem to be manned by many people at all. Likely, with so few flights, the airport sent most of the employees home.

“Those are only slightly more advanced. Could you disconnect or disable the coils in such a way that the machine still shows itself as being on? It should be possible.”

There is silence as you walk forward. “I could try.” She eventually says.

“Good.” You say, noticing a row of stores off in the distance. Thankfully, they don’t seem to be closed. “I’ll meet you here,” you say, discretely pointing back to a nearby bench, “in ten minutes. It shouldn’t take longer than that for us to buy some clothes. See what you can do, and... don’t do anything to tip them off to foul play. They’d likely cancel the flight if that happened.”

“Ok,” Nitori says, “I won’t.”

You continue forward towards the row of stores, with Nitori assumingly heading to the security station. The stores all seem empty, with only a few people roaming around the mall area. Even the ticket counter is un-staffed.

There is a clothing store, luckily enough. Probably for travelers that have forgotten to pack something. Aside from the person at the sales counter, a bored looking younger male, you only see one other individual. Suika isn’t saying much, but keeps looking around at various things.

Glancing inside, you don’t see much of a selection. There seem to be a few suits, men and women, and some souvenir shirts. Shoes, albeit nicer ones, are in the back of the store.

These selections leave you with only a few options for your persona mask. You could try to play yourself off as an upper-class businessman, and hopefully get whatever security you do encounter to leave you alone, or play yourself off as an idiot and hope they leave you alone. Of course, you could always try talking to the guy at the counter to indirectly find out which would be best.

[ ] Find something professional for you and Suika.
[ ] Find something more casual for you. Suika’s strange dress and shirt are already pretty casual.
[ ] Just get yourself some shoes. Average guy would be best.
[ ] Go talk to the guy at the counter.
>> No. 5619
[ ] Find something professional for you and Suika.
>> No. 5620
[x] Go talk to the guy at the counter.

Mr. Clothier, make us fabulous.
>> No. 5622
[x] Go talk to the guy at the counter.

F-F-Fabulous!
>> No. 5623
File 121868016168.jpg - (26.06KB , 147x249 , roa2.jpg ) [iqdb]
5623
[x] Go talk to the guy at the counter.

Roanonymous actualized his dream!
>> No. 5624
[x] Find something more casual for you. Suika’s strange dress and shirt are already pretty casual.

Eh.
>> No. 5625
[X] Find something professional for you and Suika.
>> No. 5629
[X] Find something professional for you and Suika.
>> No. 5634
[x] Go talk to the guy at the counter.

“Hey, Emma,” You say, looking at Suika, “Go have a look around. I’m going to try talking with this guy.”

“Hm?” She takes her gaze away from the giant window overlooking. “What am I looking for?”

You laugh. “Nothing in particular. Just go browse.”

She nods, and wanders off into the store. You walk up to the clerk, who looks incredibly bored. He’s got an ear bud in, presumable from an MP3 player.

“Welcome,” he says in almost passable, but very disinterested English, “May I help you?”

“Eh, that depends,” You say in Japanese, causing him to give you a surprised look. “I’m getting on that flight to Munich, and...” you laugh softly, “they never told me what to wear. Could you recommend something?”

“Not really.” He sighs. “There isn’t much to do here but watch you guys file in. You’d probably be fine in that.” He motions to your shirt.

“Ah, thanks,” you say, looking back up. “I was going to pick up a pair of shoes, though.”

“Need any help?”

“No, I think I’ve got it,” you say, causing the poor guy to look disappointed. You almost want to ask him to help you, but there is no need. “Thanks anyway.”

It seems your current clothing will be sufficient. This is good; you’ll be able to save money this way. As you walk over towards the shoes, you notice Suika browsing through the clothing racks intently. She’s pulling out certain shirts and looking at them.

[ ] Go see if she wants anything.
[ ] Grab your shoes. Suika’s clothes will be fine.
>> No. 5635
[ ] Go see if she wants anything.
>> No. 5636
[ ] Go see if she wants anything.
>> No. 5637
[ ] Go see if she wants anything.

how can i choose anything else
>> No. 5638
[X] Go see if she wants anything.
Doesn't mean we automatically buy her anything though, the thought that counts.
>> No. 5639
[x] Go see if she wants anything.

Fooooooom.
>> No. 5641
[x] Go see if she wants anything.
>> No. 5643
[$] Go see if she wants anything. Don't forget your shoes, though.
>> No. 5644
[x] Go see if she wants anything.

You hobble over to Suika.

“Hey, see anything you like?” you ask, startling her a bit.

“This is pretty cool,” she says, holding out a sweatshirt that has an artistic shot of the airport on the front. “Did you find out anything?”

“Ah... ‘see anything you like’ is an expression. I’m offering to buy you that, if you’d like it.” Then, smiling, you add, “Well, if it’s not going to cause me to go broke.”

Suika looks happy at this. “Really?”

“Here, let me have a look at it.” You reach out to grab the shirt from her, and she hands it to you. The pricetag says $60. Overpriced, but that’s not entirely unexpected from a shop like this. Visualizing it, the shirt would look good on her. It would also cover up that strange shirt that she’s currently wearing.

[ ] Too expensive. You might need that money later.
[ ] You’ve got plenty of cash. Give Suika her shirt.
[ ] “It’s a bit pricey. Did you find anything cheaper that you might want?”
>> No. 5645
[ ] You’ve got plenty of cash. Give Suika her shirt.
>> No. 5646
[ ] You’ve got plenty of cash. Give Suika her shirt.
>> No. 5648
[ ] You’ve got plenty of cash. Give Suika her shirt.
>> No. 5649
[ ] You’ve got plenty of cash. Give Suika her shirt.
>> No. 5650
[ ] You’ve got plenty of cash. Give Suika her shirt.

Brings back memories of saving up Ether and Elixirs for the final boss, only to find out that you really didn't need them.
>> No. 5652
[ ] You’ve got plenty of cash. Give Suika her shirt.
Well, depending slightly on what happens, I don't think we're going to need much cash at the european end either, flight's already "paid" for so no troubles there, and we most definitely don't need the cash we have in gensoukyou. So yeah. Of course there a chance that something unexpected happens, like having to bribe someone. Btw, why the hell did Yukari give us dollars, euro is the legal tender in germany, and the swiss franc in swizerland. Did she want fuck with us, was just ignorant, or just didn't care? Didn't care is unlikely since she did give us two currencies, obviously to handle both ends without problems.
>> No. 5655
[x] You’ve got plenty of cash. Give Suika her shirt.

“I think I can swing this,” you say, handing it back to her. “Carry it for me while I go get my shoes, ok?”

“Thanks.” She says, smiling. “Now I have a souvenir!”

You walk over to the shoes, and find your size. The selection isn’t all that great, but you manage to find some hi-tops that would work. Checking the price tag... $68. You sigh. Price gouging based on location never was something you liked. You decide against getting anything else.

The purchasing goes smoothly, the clerk paying little mind to Suika. The two of you leave the store and take a seat on the bench where you had said you would meet Nitori.

“You can put that on now,” you say to Suika while taking off your shoe, “It’ll look good on you.”

As you lace them up, you hear a soft voice from over your shoulder.

“Hey. I think I got it.” The voice is Nitori. “It wasn’t very difficult... I think.”

“Did you get the handheld one, too?” You ask, looking down at your shoes.

“Yeah.” She says, sounding nervous. “I saw the security guy use it on someone else, or I wouldn’t have thought that’s what it was. I don’t think he noticed either part.”

Your adrenaline is pumping. This will be a glorious performance, if you can pull it off. You’re nervous, as well, as failure here could very well leave you stranded in this country.

[ ] “... I think? How certain are you?”
[ ] Trust in Nitori’s skills. Get this over with.
[ ] Trust in Nitori’s skills, but... run through your plan one last time. Then go.
>> No. 5656
[X] Trust in Nitori’s skills. Get this over with.

I believe in Nitori.
>> No. 5657
[ ] Trust in Nitori’s skills. Get this over with.

Kappa wouldn't let us down
>> No. 5659
{X} Trust in Nitori’s skills. Get this over with.

Kappa pa kappa pa~
>> No. 5662
[+] Trust in Nitori’s skills, but... run through your plan one last time. Then go.
Nitori has shown quite surely that she doesn't care for Bill being reckless. Let's not let her down.
>> No. 5664
[ ] Trust in Nitori’s skills. Get this over with.
>> No. 5665
[x] Trust in Nitori’s skills. Get this over with.

Moseyin' along.
>> No. 5667
Sleepan gaems.

Well, it looks like I'm going to be traveling this weekend. I'll try to get an update out tomorrow morning, but if not, I'll be back later Sunday.
>> No. 5669
[x] Trust in Nitori’s skills, but... run through your plan one last time. Then go.
Making sure security is insecure.

She's going to re-enable them after we go, right? Do not want someone else slipping something bad past Security... That'll be on our heads.
And just think how Nitori will feel.

You don't want a sad kappa, do you?
>> No. 5687
[x] Trust in Nitori’s skills, but... run through your plan one last time. Then go.
>> No. 5692
[x] Trust in Nitori’s skills, but... run through your plan one last time. Then go.
>> No. 5750
Updates?
>> No. 5751
>>5750

All the writefags are busy playing SA, with the exception of YAF who is playing DMC4.
>> No. 5752
[x] Trust in Nitori’s skills. Get this over with.

“Good.” You stand up. These new shoes aren’t the best; you wish you hadn’t lost the other one in the accident. “Let’s get this over with. Nitori, you can just skip security. Suika, you’ll be behind me.” You sigh. “Hopefully that’ll be enough to distract him.” You’ll have to take off your shoes for security. Thankfully, it looked like the security guy was on your left. It should be easy enough to keep him from checking out your feet.

“Oh, Nitori?” You ask, still feeling the weight of your clothing in your hand. “Could you take this? I’ll need both hands free for this.” You fold open your hand, letting it rest in your palm.

“No problem,” Nitori says. Suddenly, you feel a light touch of something on your hand. For a moment, you can see Nitori. A brief moment, as when she removes her hand she disappears. Still, it’s a little surprising. Looking at Suika, it seems you also went invisible. She’s wearing a grin.

“Hey, that was pretty cool, Nitori.” Suika says, looking at the air. “Can you do that to anything?”

“Anything I can touch that contains carbon,” she adds, quietly.

“That’s great,” you say, glancing around. “But did I just go invisible? People might notice.”

You see some younger woman, perhaps 50 or so feet away, and wave at her as if nothing had happened. She just looks confused. Thankfully, she seems to be exiting the airport. You sigh, and begin walking.

“Ok. Nitori, there’s an area behind the security station. Meet us there.”

“Good luck,” She says.

“Well, Emma,” You say, facing Suika. “Shall we?”

She nods, clearly looking uneasy. “You’ll do the talking, right?”

“I’ll try. This really would be easier if you’d act with me.”

You start walking forward, heading towards the station. Its a little ways off, so you’ll have time to iron out your differences.

She sighs. “Oni don’t lie. Don’t you know that?”

“No. I’m not big on Japanese lore.” You laugh. “The only things I could tell you about are werewolves, vampires, possibly some Greek, Egyptian, or Norse things. You don’t have hydras in Gensokyo, do you?”

“Hydras? What’re those?” She cocks her head to one side.

“Well, it’s probably good that you don’t. It’s a giant lizard thing that when you cut off a head, two more take its place. You can’t really kill it with a sword. Hercules had to bury it under a rock.”

You begin to near the station. Playing as yourself seems to be the best option. You’re eccentric, but not enough to garner attention. At least, you don’t think so.

“Hercules?” It seems that they don’t have Greek stories in Gensokyo. That’s a shame.

“A mythic hero,” You say, “I’ll tell you the story on the flight. We’ll have plenty of time to kill.”

Now that you’ve gotten near the station, it’s time to decide. Hiding your leg will require some effort. Too much, and it might be obvious that something is up. Too little, and it’ll be obvious that you’ve got a giant metal appendage. The missing foot is a dead giveaway, but you should be able to divert attention from that.

[ ] Come out and say it. You’ve got a metal prosthetic made by a kappa.
[ ] Conceal it. Effort: (choose a number 1-5).
>> No. 5753
>>5751
Actually, I just got back... but I will be playing SA quite a bit, now that it's out. I'll try not to let it affect my updating speed too much.
>> No. 5754
[x] Conceal it. Effort: 3

3 is a good number.
>> No. 5756
[X] Conceal it. Effort: (choose a number 1-5).
3

Good things come in 3s

And I'm on my third drink for the night, so yeah.
>> No. 5758
[x] Conceal it. Effort: (1).

Minimal effort. The only purpose is so you can shift the embarrassment on security officers by making them ask you about your prosthetic, so that they cannot press too deeply without looking like bullies.
>> No. 5759
[x] Conceal it. Effort: 3
>> No. 5760
>>5758
this man is right

[x] Conceal it. Effort: (1).
>> No. 5761
[x] Come out and say it. You’ve got a metal prosthetic.

They might be more lenient.
>> No. 5762
>>5758

Clever plan. I like it.

[X] Conceal it. Effort: (1).
>> No. 5763
Wait, if we can just go invisible, won't that work easily enough? Sneak on the plane and what be you? It's a backup option, at least...
>> No. 5764
[x] Conceal it. Effort: (1).

Don't bother me, I'm crippled.
>> No. 5767
{X} Conceal it. Effort: (1).
>> No. 5772
[X] Conceal it. Effort: (1).

And this, kids, is why we put ranks into bluff.
>> No. 5777
[ ] Come out and say it. You’ve got a metal prosthetic. It is a new revolutionary model, but not working properly. Yet.
>> No. 5778
[x] Conceal it. Effort: (1).

A plan forms. Yes, this will work.

Walking up to the station, the security guy gives both you and Suika a strange look. You two do look a little out of place... but you’ve always looked a little out of place. The cane doesn’t help much, though

“Passports, please.” The guy asks in English. You’re suppose to be English, so you start forming sentences. If you can play him right, you should be able to get him to say what you want him to.

“Of course,” You say after a few seconds of digging in your pocket. It comes out as the slightly accented English from before. “Emma,” you say, turning back to Suika, “Your passport?”

She reaches under her shirt and produces said passport. You notice the security guy looking at your cane, and then at your leg. You meet his gaze and smile, and he does the same.

“Canes are not allowed on board without a medical excuse,” he asks, his gaze shifting back down. “Do you have one?”

“I do.” You say, reaching down to remove your shoes. “It’ll be pretty obvious in a minute. We have to remove our shoes for the metal screening, right?” English is not as difficult, it seems. The pause might not be beneficial in more pressured situations, but...

“Yes.” The security guy says, looking a bit irritated. Good. You slip off the shoe on your right foot, and look up at the guard. He’s got a look of horror on his face. Seems he’s not used to footless people. You smile.

“Prosthetic leg,” You say. “It doesn’t have metal in it, so it shouldn’t trip the scanner. It’s made of composites.”

The guard looks away. “I-I... see.”

“Here,” you say, handing him the passport. He looks it over for a minute and hands it back.

“Please remove any metal objects from your person and put them in this basket,” he says, motioning to a basket near the x-ray machine. You walk over and he follows. Turning back to Suika, he adds. “Please wait here.”

She gives you an uneasy look. You just wink.

“How about the cane?” You ask, seeing that it won’t fit in the basket.

“It breaks down, correct?”

You look down, and notice the telltale metal push button. Pressing it, you separate the two parts of the cane and stick it in the basket, along with your wallet, watch, passport, pen, and belt.

“That’s it?” He asks.

“Yeah. I travel light.”

He nods, and then hits a button on the side of the x-ray machine. It takes your basket of stuff inside. “Then please step through the metal detector.”

You hobble on over. It proves to be slightly difficult, as you’ve been using the cane up till this point, but you manage.

“So,” you ask him in Japanese, “busy day?” You laugh.

He gives you a surprised look, and then sighs in response. “Busier than yesterday. We only had one flight.”

You reach the scanner, and walk through. Nothing happens. Nitori has pulled it off, it seems. You think about asking her to enable it before you get back on the flight.

“Well,” He says, checking out the x-ray display of your stuff. “You’re good to go. Enjoy your flight.”

Wondrous. He didn't even look at your leg after the first time.

As you reassemble your cane and replace your shoes, you watch Suika. She seems to have been paying attention to you, as her moves mirror yours somewhat. The security guy doesn’t give her much hassle, and she makes it through OK.

Your heart is still pounding. That shouldn’t have worked. A drink right about now would do wonders to calm your nerves... and glancing at your watch, you’ve still got about 30 minutes before the flight leaves.

[ ] Find the bar.
[ ] Find Nitori, then the bar.
[ ] Just rest on some nearby seats.
>> No. 5779
[Q] Find Nitori, then the bar.
>> No. 5780
[ ] Find Nitori, then the bar.
>> No. 5781
[ ] Find Nitori, then the bar. Watch the drinks, you don't want to accidentally unleash the Thought, nor do you want to be too tipsy to get to trouble.
>> No. 5785
[ ] Find Nitori, then the bar. Watch the drinks, you don't want to accidentally unleash the Thought, nor do you want to be too tipsy to get to trouble.

Truth. Missing a flight on account of drunkenness really sux.
>> No. 5786
[ ] Find Nitori, then the bar. Watch the drinks, you don't want to accidentally unleash the Thought, nor do you want to be too tipsy to get to trouble.
>> No. 5787
[ ] Just rest on some nearby seats.

Start on storytelling
>> No. 5788
[ ] Find Nitori, then the bar. Watch the drinks, you don't want to accidentally unleash the Thought, nor do you want to be too tipsy to get to trouble.
>> No. 5789
File 12190924563.jpg - (92.55KB , 500x400 , bluff.jpg ) [iqdb]
5789
>>5772
>> No. 5790
[z] Find Nitori, then the bar. Watch the drinks, you don't want to accidentally unleash the Thought, nor do you want to be too tipsy to get to trouble.
[e] Ask Nitori if she can re-assemble the detectors while still cloaked.
>> No. 5792
[x] Find Nitori, then the bar.
>> No. 5794
[x] Find Nitori, then the bar.
>> No. 5795
Find Nitori, then the bar.
>> No. 5798
[x] Find Nitori, then the bar.

No flight would be complete without getting at least a little drunk beforehand. Suika reaches the end of the x-ray machine and grabs her basket, pulling out her shoes and her passport. The security guy returns to his station.

“Is that it?” Suika asks softly, not wanting to be overheard.

You nod. “We’ve still got a few minutes before they’ll let us board, but that’s it for security. On this end, at least.” You start hobbling along, looking around. Mainly, you’re looking for the bar, but you’re also scoping out the area. This part also looks fairly devoid of people. A few more than in the lobby, but...

“You made it through OK?”

A soft voice from your side. Nitori.

“Yeah.” You face the voice, but are greeted with thin air as usual. “Hey, how difficult would it be to re-enable those detectors?”

“Very.” She sounds a little taken back by the question. “Why?”

Great. You hope no one decided to hijack a flight through this airport. “Ah, nevermind.” Looking forward, you notice the sign for the bar. “Hey,” You say, looking back to Suika. “I’m going to drop by that bar over there and get something to drink. You can wait---“

“Wait?” She looks a little taken back. “No way. Outside world booze is delicious!”

You laugh. “No offense, but you look a little too young. It would be trouble.”

“But... that’s what this passport thing is for, right?” She asks, fishing around underneath her sweatshirt for it.

[ ] Refuse.
[ ] “Sorry, I’m done with the subterfuge games for a while. How about a soda, instead?”
[ ] Give in.
>> No. 5799
[ ] Give in.

She'll be fine. An "endocrine disease", remember?
>> No. 5801
File 121911499030.jpg - (132.54KB , 867x800 , 1209228585820.jpg ) [iqdb]
5801
[ x ] Give in.

She is on her own for this one.

HER SAKE NOT EVEN DROP.
>> No. 5802
[ ] Give in.
>> No. 5803
[+] "I could... but I'd have to lie more, and I don't want that."
>> No. 5804
[ ] "Are you trying to say you're willing to lie to the bartender that you're an of-age human with endocrine disease in order to get a drink?"
[ ] "Don't worry, before we go back to Gensokyo I promise to get you copious amounts of liqueur!"
>> No. 5805
[ ] "Are you trying to say you're willing to lie to the bartender that you're an of-age human with endocrine disease in order to get a drink?"
[ ] "Don't worry, before we go back to Gensokyo I promise to get you copious amounts of liqueur!"
>> No. 5806
[x] "Are you trying to say you're willing to lie to the bartender that you're an of-age human with endocrine disease in order to get a drink?"

Hey, she might.
>> No. 5808
[ ] "Are you trying to say you're willing to lie to the bartender that you're an of-age human with endocrine disease in order to get a drink?"
[ ] "Don't worry, before we go back to Gensokyo I promise to get you copious amounts of liqueur!"
>> No. 5809
>>5803's plusfag here. Can't delete. Changing vote to

[+] "Are you trying to say you're willing to lie to the bartender that you're an of-age human with endocrine disease in order to get a drink?"
>> No. 5810
[ ] "Are you trying to say you're willing to lie to the bartender that you're an of-age human with endocrine disease in order to get a drink?"
[ ] "Don't worry, before we go back to Gensokyo I promise to get you copious amounts of liqueur!"
>> No. 5813
[x] Give in.

Drunk moe~
>> No. 5814
[ ] "Are you trying to say you're willing to lie to the bartender that you're an of-age human with endocrine disease in order to get a drink?"
[ ] "Don't worry, before we go back to Gensokyo I promise to get you copious amounts of liqueur!"
>> No. 5816
>copious amounts of liqueur
You sure you didn't mean liquor?
>> No. 5817
>>5816
hah, yeah
>> No. 5819
I'd lick her.

No wait...
>> No. 5821
[ ] "Are you trying to say you're willing to lie to the bartender that you're an of-age human with endocrine disease in order to get a drink?"
[ ] "Don't worry, before we go back to Gensokyo I promise to get you copious amounts of liquor!"
>> No. 5822
[x] "Are you trying to say you're willing to lie to the bartender that you're an of-age human with endocrine disease in order to get a drink?"

Hmmm. I wonder whether we can get Yukari to nab Suika some Outside booze when we return.
>> No. 5823
[*] "Are you trying to say you're willing to lie to the bartender that you're an of-age human with endocrine disease in order to get a drink?"
[*] "Don't worry, before we go back to Gensokyo I promise to get you copious amounts of liquor!"
>> No. 5824
[x] "Are you trying to say you're willing to lie to the bartender that you're an of-age human with endocrine disease in order to get a drink?"
[x] "Don't worry, before we go back to Gensokyo I promise to get you copious amounts of liqueur!"

"Are you trying to say you're willing to lie to the bartender that you're an of-age human with endocrine disease in order to get a drink?"

Suika looks a little shocked at this. “What? No. If you’re old enough to drink, I’m old enough to drink. It’s not lying if we just say that.”

“Perhaps, but like I said... you look a little too young. And I don’t think ‘I’m an Oni’ would work.” You wink at her. “Don't worry, before we go back to Gensokyo I promise to get you copious amounts of liquor!”

“Hey, what about me?” You hear Nitori ask from your side.

You laugh. “You, too. Germany is very conductive to that sort of thing.”

Suika still looks a little down, but there’s not really much you can do. “Hey, would you like a soda or something instead?”

“No thanks,” Suika says, looking a little sullen.

“Oh, they sell soda here?” Nitori asks, curious. “I’ve never had one, but I find bottles from time to time.”

“I’ll pick you up something if they sell it in cans or bottles.” Looking at Suika, you add, “If you still want to come, that’s fine. There are seats over there if you don’t.”

“I still want to look around,” Suika says, looking towards the bar.

You start to hobble your way over to the bar. “Fair enough.”

The bar is a fairly standard fare. There are a few people here, probably more than you saw in the lobby portion the entire time you were there. There’s music playing, standard lounge stuff with an Asian twist, and one of the walls is composes mostly of glass, giving you a view of the runway. You take a seat at the bar, and Suika does the same. The bar has a padded railing around it, so you hand your cane off of that.

The bartender, a younger woman, shows up after a few moments. “What’ll it be?” She asks.

[ ] “A vodka martini. Shaken, not stirred.”
[ ] “What do you have on tap?”
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 5825
[X] A Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster. In a dirty glass.

You know it.
>> No. 5826
>>The bartender, a younger woman.
In during "tap that ass"

[x] “What do you have on tap?”
>> No. 5827
[x] "Your love juices shall be a drink worthy of my tongue."

awesome.png
>> No. 5828
[ ] “A Coke, a Cucumber Pepsi and a bottle of your finest alcoholic drink.
>> No. 5829
>>5827
Thats the spirits!

>>5828
If they have a cucumber beer microbrew, I think our path is set.
>> No. 5830
[ x ] “A Coke, a Cucumber Pepsi and a bottle of your finest alcoholic drink.
>> No. 5831
[ x ] “A Coke, a Cucumber Pepsi and a bottle of your finest alcoholic drink.

go
>> No. 5832
File 121918367697.gif - (209.64KB , 994x1485 , Sam_n_Max_040_in_Fair_Wind_to_Java_001.gif ) [iqdb]
5832
>>5825
>In a dirty glass.
And now I can't think of anything else but this page.
>> No. 5833
[ x ] “A Coke, a Cucumber Pepsi and a bottle of your finest alcoholic drink."

>>5827
don't remind me of that one
>> No. 5834
>>5825
[X] A Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster. In a dirty glass.

Definitely this. Even though it won't win, this.
>> No. 5835
[ x ] "A Coke, a Cucumber Pepsi and a bottle of your finest alcoholic drink."
>> No. 5836
[x] "A Coke, a Cucumber Pepsi and a bottle of 151 rum."

A Coke for Bill, and special gifts for the other two.

The funniest thing is that Cucumber Pepsi is not all that unlikely, since this IS Japan, where the damn thing is sold...
>> No. 5838
[+] "A Coke, a Cucumber Pepsi and a bottle of 151 rum."
Seconded. Good taste, anon.
>> No. 5839
[+] "A Coke, a Cucumber Pepsi and a bottle of 151 rum."
>> No. 5840
[X] "A Jack and Coke, Cucumber Pepsi and a bottle of 151 rum."
>> No. 5841
Well, a friend of mine ended up stopping by, so I didn't get the next update finished. It's about half done, but I'm tired. Updates tomorrow.
>> No. 5852
LOOKS LIKE TOMORROW TO ME