[Return]
Archived thread

File 121836133010.jpg - (109.13KB , 600x422 , 1213569899139.jpg ) [iqdb]
5434 No. 5434
Turning gradually, you guide your path away from the village proper and towards the small agricultural district. Sanae, still clinging to your arm, is taken along for the ride. "Hm? What's up?", she asks. "Where're we going?"

"Farms over there," you answer, pointing with your chin. "More likely to be somebody awake and moving there than in town."

"Oh. Makes sense." Shifting and reasserting her grip on you, she makes no further inquiries.

Getting nearer, this area looks to be one of the more recent, and better organized, additions to the village. Roughly equal-sized parcels of land are arranged on either side of a wide beaten track leading between them into the village, and separated from each other by narrower strips of untilled land. You cut along one of these strips to the central track, but it looks like this place is already fairly empty, too. Up the path a little ways, you can see a man and a woman boarding an oxcart loaded with baskets in the back; further down towards the village, it looks like one latecomer is still loading barrels of rice into his.

Time - 8:20am
[ ] Go ask the couple for a lift into town. (5 minutes)
[ ] Offer to help the man with his rice. (30 minutes)
[ ] Make your own way into the village from here. (10 minutes)

===

Pic unrelated.

>> No. 5437
[ ] Offer to help the man with his rice. (30 minutes)

So how long till the moon hits town?
>> No. 5438
[x] Make your own way into the village from here. (10 minutes)
Helping someone with rice? Really?
>> No. 5439
[x] Make your own way into the village from here. (10 minutes)

Somehow, I don't think we'll find and finish "that event" at a farm.
>> No. 5440
[ ] Make your own way into the village from here. (10 minutes)
>> No. 5441
File 121838293088.jpg - (6.39KB , 178x160 , sup.jpg ) [iqdb]
5441
>>5437

You better find that ocarina.
>> No. 5442
[x] Make your own way into the village from here. (10 minutes)
>> No. 5443
File 121838667392.jpg - (2.31KB , 103x126 , 1215568598003.jpg ) [iqdb]
5443
>>5441

[x] Make your own way into the village from here. (10 minutes)
>> No. 5444
[X] Make your own way into the village from here. (10 minutes)
>> No. 5445
[ ] Make your own way into the village from here. (10 minutes)
>> No. 5446
File 121838692739.jpg - (3.54KB , 66x100 , redmage2avatar.jpg ) [iqdb]
5446
[x] Offer to help the man with his rice. (30 minutes)

Repeat after me:

"Sidequests.
Quest Rewards.
Sidequests.
Quest Rewards."
>> No. 5448
[x] Offer to help the man with his rice. (30 minutes)
>> No. 5449
[x] Offer to help the man with his rice. (30 minutes)

Why not make a good impression?
>> No. 5450
[ ] Offer to help the man with his rice. (30 minutes)
>> No. 5454
File 121839750212.gif - (608.42KB , 150x113 , 121547459538.gif ) [iqdb]
5454
>>5446

At first I was like at the reference, then I'd srsly'd.

[x] Offer to help the man with his rice. (30 minutes)
>> No. 5467
[x] Offer to help the man with his rice. (30 minutes)
[x] Hitch a ride into the sunset.
[x] Err, town, my bad.
>> No. 5470
[x] Offer to help the man with his rice. (30 minutes)
>> No. 5536
As you move on down the track, Sanae suddenly lets go of your arm. You look to make sure nothing's happened to her, but by the time your head is turned, she's already taken your hand in hers and is most decidedly not looking back at you. After a second, her cheeks start turning pink. Deciding to take that as a hint, you move your gaze to the man loading up his cart. He's old, but not quite elderly, thin but fit, probably been doing this his whole life, from the looks of it. "Good morning," you call over politely.

He sets the barrel in his hands down before smiling amiably in return. "H'lo there." This is only a hiccup in his rhythm, and he's already moving on to the next one. Looks like he's about halfway done.

You take a couple of steps towards him and try again. "Need any help?"

His grunt as he picks up another barrel might have been part of a response, or it might not. Either way, he manages a more coherent one as he moves back to the cart: "All I can get."

That's good enough for you. A squeeze on Sanae's hand, and she lets you go to make good on your offer. Setting your spear and the wrapped bento on the ground, you grab the nearest barrel and get to work. Out of nowhere, the old man works up a steady stream of chatter as you both move. "Thank'ya kindly. Last market I expect t'see this year afore winter sets in, so I would pick this day of all days t'sleep late, eh? Like as not, gonna be the last to arrive, even with ye'r help. Not that I don't appreciate it, 'course, just... hey, now, no need for you t'..."

"I'll be-- oof! I'll be fine." Turning around from the cart, you see Sanae managing to lift one of the barrels and stagger over towards you. You've seen her lift stone pillars that could've easily weighed upwards of a ton with less effort, but she's putting on a good act.

"Hm, s'pose y'will at that." The work dynamic changes slightly, the old man staying up on the cart to stack the barrels you and Sanae carry over to him, allowing his talking to go on with even fewer interruptions. "Outsiders, are ye? Just arrived recently, too, ain't hard t'say. Well, welcome t'Gensokyo, however long y'decide t'stay. Mornin', good mornin' to ya!" This greeting is shouted out to the young couple you saw earlier as they pass by, returning it in kind, their own cart already laden with baskets of apples. "Aye, take them, f'r instance. Came here, oh, was it already a year ago, now? But aye, decided t'stay on and make the most of it, 'nd that they have. Good folk, came together 'nd they've stuck through it together, fair weather 'nd foul. Not so diff'rent from you two, if I ain't too forward in sayin'." You and Sanae exchange a glance at each other as you pass, but she just smiles. The old man, though, maybe thinks he did say too much, as he lets the rest of the job go by in silence, breaking it only once it's done. "That's the last of 'em, then, thanks for the help. Hop on board, I'll give ye a lift in." He climbs up and takes the central seat on the wide bench at the head of the cart, Sanae taking up on one side of him, yourself taking the other after retrieving your cargo. "Name's Matsutaki, good t'know ye," he adds as he gets the ox started on his way.

"I am Sanae. Pleased to meet you."

"Chulainn, likewise. You said earlier those two decided to stay," you decide to try and guide his rambling somewhat, "so, they had the option to leave?"

"Aye, that's right. Anyone comes from the outside, they get the choice to stay here or go up to see th' Hakurei and get sent back. I don't know what life's like on the outside, o'course, but I gather it must be a good deal easier goin' than we have here. Most folks, they can't get used t' the diff'rence, 'nd so ask t'get sent back. No shame in it, I s'ppose, just bein' they weren't raised for labor. Sometimes, folk like them two come along, 'nd we got ourselves an increase in population. More of 'em stick around than I think I'm makin' it sound like, y'understand, but still a minority. Why, some of 'em been around here as long as I have..." From here, it degenerates into aimless anecdotes and reminiscences. Sanae listens intently without interrupting, but you just can't help tuning it out. Probably he reminds her of that grandfather figure she had back outside, ran the tobacco shop, what was his name? Eh, it'll come to you.

After a while, Matsutaki brings the cart to a stop at the edge of the market square in the village's center. "Well, here we are, made better time than I expected, too. Y'ever need a good deal on rice, s'ppose y'know who t'come to, eh?" Sanae laughs politely as she disembarks, but Matsutaki's hand on your shoulder keeps you from following her. "Hold on a moment, son. You any good with that spear y'carry?"

"I, uh, get by," you say, trying to sound modest. "Why do you ask?"

"Just a couple pieces o' advice, if ye decide t'stay on here. First off, a young man what can take care of 'imself such as ye, could do worse than goin' t'see Keine about joinin' th' village guard. That's Keine Kamishirasawa, sort o' th' village protector, also our schoolteacher, so that's where ye'd find her now. Teachin', o'course, so have t'wait 'til later. But, the other thing..." He leans in close, whispering conspiratorially. "Folks from outside, often times they miss things they had before that they can't get now, ye ken? Well, ain't common knowledge, but things fall through th' border as often as people, 'nd even less common knowledge is, there's a man what collects 'em and holds 'em for sale. Strange sort o' fella, ain't gonna find 'im here at market any day y'look, but runs his own shop out in th' forest, there. Th' gettin' to it's a mite dangerous, what with th' youkai that prowl around out there, but I get th' feelin' from ye, ye'd find it all right. Somethin' t'keep in mind, eh?" With a grin and a wink, he claps your shoulder with one hand, signaling an end to the conversation. Grabbing your stuff, you climb off and find your way next to Sanae. Waving good-bye to Matsutaki with one hand, her other finds its way back to yours as he trundles off to find an open space, leaving the two of you alone again, naturally.

===

And that's all you're getting out of me until next week. Open voting, whatever you decide to do. I'm gone.
>> No. 5537
[x] Look for the shop out in the forest.
>> No. 5545
[x] Explore the town.

Kourin's can be visited later. Certainly want to visit him though, since we could be a wealth of information.
>> No. 5546
[x] Explore the town
[x] Visit the school
>> No. 5550
{X} Explore the town
{X} Visit the school
>> No. 5565
[x] Explore the town
[x] Visit the school
>> No. 5566
So Rinnosuke carries condoms?
>> No. 5582
>>5566
Which begs the question:
"Can Sanae bring about the miracle of preventing teen pregnancy while being sexually active?"
>> No. 5583
>>5582
No, I'm afraid she'll be stuck with the far more common Miracle of Life.
>> No. 5596
>>5583
dohohohohoho!

That was pretty good.
>> No. 5702
>>5545
Explore the town, all right. How long do you want to spend doing this?

>>5583
oh u
>> No. 5705
[x] Explore the town (45 min)
[x] Visit the school (20 min)

how large can the town be?
>> No. 5713
File 121887127236.jpg - (311.98KB , 700x980 , rogue shrine.jpg ) [iqdb]
5713
[x] Search the town for fissionable materials
>> No. 5719
>>5713

ಠ_ಠ


[x] Explore the town (30 min)
[x] Visit the school (20 min)
>> No. 5744
File 121898263018.jpg - (154.02KB , 800x600 , 1218982218765.jpg ) [iqdb]
5744
[x] Explore the town (30 min)
[x] Visit the school (20 min)

STOP FAPPING SO MUCH, KU-CHAN.
>> No. 5745
>>5744
Its waited for you, Kanako.
>> No. 5965
[x] Visit the school (20 minutes)
[x] Explore the town (however many hours until school gets out; buy lunch)
>> No. 6020
You look at each other. "Well, I think we can count him as a friendly contact, don't you?"

She nods, smiling. "A job well done. And we've already got a possible lead on another one, with that schoolteacher, Keine."

"You heard that? Oh, right, of course you did. Heightened senses, and all that."

"Actually, no, he was just talking loud enough. I have to call upon my miracle powers, remember, and I'm trying not to do that today." Ah, so struggling to lift those barrels just now probably wasn't an act. As if thinking the same thing, Sanae stretches her arms out in front of her as far as they can go. "So, yeah," she says, voice straining, "I heard him tell you about the village guard, but I couldn't catch what he said to you after." As she switches to stretching them out to one side, her eyes turn up towards you, not entirely unexpectant.

Time - 8:45am
[ ] Tell her about the shop.
[ ] Tactfully change the subject.
[ ] Make something up.

===

Been wanting to update these past few days, but I kept falling asleep. Like, constantly. Seriously.

Incidentally, this choice does not advance the time at all.
>> No. 6022
File 12195544921.jpg - (98.55KB , 560x532 , 1219522044843.jpg ) [iqdb]
6022
[x] Tell her about the shop.

Not that Keine could teach Sanae a thing of two about moe~
>> No. 6023
[x] Tell her about the shop.
[x] Ask her if she'd like to take a look after seeing the village.
>> No. 6024
[x] Tell her about the shop.
[x] Ask her if she'd like to take a look after seeing the village.
>> No. 6028
[x] Tell her about the shop.
[x] Ask her if she'd like to take a look after seeing the village.
>> No. 6033
File 121959761627.jpg - (177.31KB , 442x640 , 8b1994090a00a371df24f111c5dc6c73.jpg ) [iqdb]
6033
[x] Tell her about the shop.

I'd the schoolmarm.
>> No. 6045
>>6022
HNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH
>> No. 6121
[x] Tell her about the shop.
[x] Ask her if she'd like to take a look after seeing the village.
>> No. 6123
I haven't gone anywhere.
>> No. 6125
>>6123

Plotton fields need tending, nigger.
>> No. 6127
[x] Tell her about the shop.
>> No. 6166
"Well, it wasn't much," you shrug. "He was just telling me about this place out in th--"

"What?" Sanae stops her stretching for a second and changes her expression to one of amused surprise. "You're actually going to tell me?"

"Uh." Your train of thought is suddenly derailed. "Don't you want me to?"

"Well, sure," she says, letting her arms drop back to her sides, "it's just, I didn't really think you would."

You scratch your head, no longer sure what she's expecting out of you, now. "Uh," you say again, collecting yourself gradually, "tell you what, how about I just take you out there later?" Yeah, that sounds good. "It'll make for a nice cap to the day."

"Perfect," she exclaims cheerfully, "I love surprises!" One final upward stretch of her arms, and then they're wrapped closely around yours once again. Her warmth and closeness causes your chest to swell (along with at least one other part of you) and brings a smile to your face as you set out into the town.

Skirting around the edge of the marketplace, you head down a main-looking street. The area around the market seems to be largely commercial, and the buildings tending towards more modern design, with a surprising variety of shops. Also surprising is the apparent variety of shop owners, considering this place is called the Human Village. And yet, there are two fairies outside a bakery, busking for the breakfast crowd. Place looks busy. Smells good, too, but Sanae's more interested in the glass jewelry being sold across the way, so you let yourself be led along. Not that hungry, anyway.

Thanks to the pace of her window shopping, your progress down the street is pretty slow going and straightforward; there are a few smaller roads branching off, but you stick to the main line for now. Gradually, you notice the architecture changing, the buildings getting older and more weathered. Then, the street opens up into a plaza, a little smaller than the marketplace you left behind. Much less crowded, too, although there are a few people walking through or sitting around on benches. And in the middle... ah, that must be the dragon statue Nitori was telling you about. This is probably the proper center of the village, then.

Time - 9:10am
[ ] Keep wandering.
[ ] Strike up a conversation with one of the locals.
[ ] Check out the statue.
[ ] Ask for directions to the school.
[ ] Head back the way you came, investigate some of those side roads.

===

Fill in your own timeframes.
>> No. 6169
[ ] Check out the statue. (5 minutes)
>> No. 6170
[x] Check out the statue. (5 min)
[x] Strike up a conversation with one of the locals. (20 min)
[x] Ask for directions to the school. (5 min)
>> No. 6174
[X] Check out the statue. (5 min)
[X] Strike up a conversation with one of the locals. (10 min)
[X] Ask for directions to the school. (5 min)
>> No. 6175
[x] Check out the statue. (5 min)
[x] Strike up a conversation with one of the locals. (20 min)
[x] Ask for directions to the school. (5 min)
>> No. 6177
[X] Check out the statue. (5 min)
[X] Strike up a conversation with one of the locals. (10 min)
[X] Ask for directions to the school. (5 min)
>> No. 6180
[x] Check out the statue. (5 min)
[x] Strike up a conversation with one of the locals. (20 min)
[x] Ask for directions to the school. (5 min)
>> No. 6200
The statue in the center of the square draws your feet towards it as naturally as it draws your eyes, and you find yourself approaching it without any conscious decision to do so. Yet despite this, the closer you get, the more apprehensive its appearance and presence makes you. It is, just as advertised, a statue of a dragon, of the Eastern, serpentine variety, coiled and looped all across a square pedestal. It seems to be made of some metal you can't quite identify, and the detailing is remarkable: every individual scale is set in the statue's "hide", like a real snake's (and, you guess, a real dragon's), creating the unsettling illusion that it could come to life at any moment. The hands gripping your arm tighter with each step indicate that this fear is not exclusive. Finally, the two of you stop about ten feet from the statue, facing its raised head. The mouth is open, as if in mid-roar, early sunlight glinting off of its fangs, but what really gets you are the eyes. The statue is made of metal, but those eyes... you can't even guess. The way the light hits them, they can't be glass, so unless they're some strange sort of jewel... but even that doesn't seem right. You've never seen jewels whose color seemed so... inconstant before. It's like each one holds a thick, slow-moving, multi-colored smoke...

"Wow," Sanae exhales quietly.

"Wow," you agree. "This is..." Words fail you.

"...I believe the term you're looking for is 'breath-taking'."

===

Part II sometime.
>> No. 6206
Suddenly, a horribly ridiculous vote in a non-vote update!

[x] Pull Sanae around to your chest, gently lift her head to see yours. "It is I who will be taking your breath away, my dear."

No Cu, you are the dragon.
>> No. 6207
>>6206
YES, GOOD THINKING

[x] Pull Sanae around to your chest, gently lift her head to see yours. "It is I who will be taking your breath away, my dear."
[x] Give her a passionate kiss
[x] Break off the kiss after a short while then continue to somewhere to eat like nothing happened

hopefully during the entire meal she'll be thinking about what happened and make herself anxious/excited
>> No. 6208
[x] Pull Sanae around to your chest, gently lift her head to see yours. "It is I who will be taking your breath away, my dear."
[x] Give her a passionate kiss
[x] Break off the kiss after a short while then continue to somewhere to eat like nothing happened
Wandbaconing.
>> No. 6210
>>6206 >>6207 >>6208
...maybe as a side-story.
>> No. 6211
Sanae Kotiya waited. The birds above her sang and flew out of the air. There was Chulain in the village. She didn't see him, but had expected him now for years. Her warnings to Cernel Kanako were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
Sanae was a shrine maiden for fourteen years. When she was young she watched the peoples and she said to mom "I want to go to the village mommy."
Mom said "No! You will BE WOO BY CHULAIN"
There was a time when she believed her. Then as she got oldered she stopped. But now in the human village of the Gensokyo she knew there was Chulain.
"This is Kanako" the radio crackered. "You must tsuntsun the Chulain!"
So Sanae gotted her shirne maiden stick and blew up the ground.
"SHE GOING TO KILL HIM" said the humans
"I will woo at her" said the Chulain and he fired the pickup lines. Sanae tsuned at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
"No! I must kill the love" she shouted
The radio said "No, Sanae. You are the love"
And then Sanae was breath-taking.
>> No. 6212
>>6211

I never get tired of these
>> No. 6213
File 122040437954.jpg - (80.79KB , 728x1033 , 12.jpg ) [iqdb]
6213
>>6211

Superb
>> No. 6244
File 122053847660.jpg - (82.37KB , 700x600 , 217f6e13.jpg ) [iqdb]
6244
With one easy motion, you free your arm from Sanae's loose grip and throw it around her midsection, pulling her body against yours, with only her hastily raised hands between you. As you look down into her surprised, adorably blushing face, you solemnly shake your head. "No, my dear," you murmur, "it is I who will be taking your breath away." The moment she opens her mouth to respond, you seize the chance, tilting your head slightly and leaning down to lock your lips over hers in a lover's kiss; unfortunately, she's a little less off-guard than you thought she was, and she manages to move the target just enough that you end up pecking messily at her cheek, instead. She tries to say something, but you are not to be deterred. Rearing your head back, you try again, and again, diligently chasing but never quite attaining your prize, until at last, she buys enough time to fully voice her protest: "She's watching us!!"

She? "A-hem!" Tearing yourself away, you look past your spear and spy an embarrassed-looking woman in blue fidgeting a short distance away. The dress she wears reaches down to her ankles, with short sleeves and a red bow attached just below the neckline. Above the bow is a soft, round, kind face (none of these less so for the nervous laughter it is currently trying to contain), framed by long, silver-blue hair; on top is an odd, boxy hat, looks for all the world like a pagoda's roof, with another red bow pluming out its peak. Below the bow (well, both of them, technically) is a figure healthy enough that not even her fairly conservative dress can hide it away completely, yet not as... pronounced, shall we say, as Kanako's. A real beauty, probably with suitors lining up to her door, but something tells you she's never let a single one in.

No time to analyze this strange premonition right now, though, as it dawns on you that she must have been the one who deemed the statue as "breath-taking" just now, not Sanae. Which means she's been watching you for a while. You're starting to feel more than a little embarassed yourself all of a sudden, but you think you manage to hide it well. "Hi, there," you greet her cheerfully.

"Good morning," she responds, voice matching yours but her body still restless. "I'm, ah, sorry to interrupt, but would you be Mr. Chulainn? And this is Ms. Kochiya?"

Your embarassment level rises a tick when you realize you're still clinging onto Ms. Kochiya's waist. You let her go and straighten up, but notice that she's just a little slower to disengage herself. "That is correct," Sanae says as she turns to stand by your side, "although I'm sure we've never met before. Would you mind explaining how you came by this advantage, Miss...?"

"Ah, my manners! Terribly sorry!" She accentuates her apology with a quick, low bow. To your utter astonishment, her hat remains firmly on her head throughout the maneuver. What in blazes is holding that thing on, anyway? "My name is Keine Kamishirasawa. I believe it should be at least passingly familiar to you."

"Yes, it is, as a matter of fact. You must have heard about us from the same rice farmer who told us about you."

"That is so," she confirms with a nod and a smile. "I was shopping in the market when he recognized me and called me aside to tell me about you. He'd seen you leaving, and pointed me in your direction. I knew this was an obvious enough landmark that you'd probably find yourselves here, and, well..." Rather than finish, she just waves one hand to take you both in and laughs melodically. Sanae laughs along with her, evidently pleased by this turn of events. "Well," Keine says again, still smiling, "I'm sure the two of you have many questions for me, but as this is not the best place for them, I'd be happy to take you back to my home and answer them for you over an early lunch. What do you say?"

[ ] Sounds good. Sounds perfect!
[ ] Suggest that fairy-run bakery as an alternative.
[ ] This is too good, too perfect. Decline.
>> No. 6245
>>With one easy motion, you free your arm from Sanae's loose grip and throw it around her midsection, pulling her body against yours, with only her hastily raised hands between you. As you look down into her surprised, adorably blushing face, you solemnly shake your head. "No, my dear," you murmur, "it is I who will be taking your breath away."
TETRO!
TETROOOOOOOOO~
YOU DID IT~

>>it dawns on you that she must have been the one who deemed the statue as "breath-taking" just now, not Sanae.
I lol'd heartily.

[x] Sounds good. Sounds perfect!
[x] Mention that you don't want to be a hindrance and that anywhere would be fine.
>> No. 6246
[x] Sounds good. Sounds perfect!
HURRAH FOR HORRIBLY RIDICULOUS WRITE-INS.
>> No. 6247
{X} Sounds good. Sounds perfect!
{X} Mention that you don't want to be a hindrance and that anywhere would be fine.
>> No. 6253
>She accentuates her apology with a quick, low bow. To your utter astonishment, her hat remains firmly on her head throughout the maneuver. What in blazes is holding that thing on, anyway?

It must be adhered to her skull.

[x] Sounds good. Sounds perfect!
>> No. 6255
[x] Sounds good. Sounds perfect!

hindrance or not I'm sure they're hungry, and she did offer
>> No. 6256
{X} Sounds good. Sounds perfect!
{X} Mention that you don't want to be a hindrance and that anywhere would be fine
>> No. 6257
[X] Sounds good. Sounds perfect!

Hum de dum.
>> No. 6266
[x] Sounds good. Sounds perfect!
[x] Mention that you don't want to be a hindrance and that anywhere would be fine.
>> No. 6273
[x] Sounds good. Sounds perfect!
[x] Mention that you don't want to be a hindrance and that anywhere would be fine

Is that a picture of Keine eating history?
>> No. 6274
File 12206172138.jpg - (76.51KB , 438x426 , 1207558011278.jpg ) [iqdb]
6274
[x] Sounds good. Sounds perfect!

>>6273

OH NOM NOM NOM
>> No. 6276
[x] Sounds good. Sounds perfect!
[x] Mention that you don't want to be a hindrance and that anywhere would be fine
>> No. 6309
Damn you, Maid RPG, why must you be so much fun, and yet also so wholly time consuming? Anyway.

===

"I was actually just about to ask someone for directions on how to find you, so, yeah! Perfect! Oh, but we don't want to impose on your day or anything," you say, dampening your enthusiasm with a little courtesy and indicating the bento bundle tied to your spear. "We brought along our own lunch, so there's no need to feed us. And besides, anywhere'd be fine. I'm sure we passed a few restaurants on our way where we could take a seat..."

Keine waves away your concerns with a day-brightening smile. "It's no imposition at all, I assure you. I gave one of my assistant teachers charge over lessons for today, and I was really only shopping for a few odds and ends, my kitchen is quite well-stocked, thank you. So, if it's all right with both of you, we could head over there right away."

You glance at Sanae for confirmation and find her looking back at you, presumably for the same reason. She turns back to Keine with a bow and a "Lead the way!", which you second. Nodding, the schoolteacher twirls in place, hair and dress momentarily flying, beckons once over her shoulder and starts off at a brisk but leisurely pace around the statue and to the north.

Time - 9:20am
[ ] Follow her, hand-in-hand with Sanae.
- [ ] Talk to Sanae about... (~20 minutes)

[ ] Catch up with Keine and walk alongside her.
- [ ] Talk to Keine about... (~20 minutes)

[ ] Go along quietly. Enjoy the scenery. (~20 minutes)

[ ] This is too convenient. Grab Sanae and bolt, south. (10 minutes)
>> No. 6310
[X] Catch up with Keine and walk alongside her.
- [X] Talk to Keine about the village. (~20 minutes)

Hey, Keine! Tell me a story~
>> No. 6311
[x] Catch up with Keine and walk alongside her.
- [x] Talk to Keine about cows. (~20 minutes)
>> No. 6313
[ ] Catch up with Keine and walk alongside her, hand-in-hand with Sanae..
- [ ] Talk to Keine about life in the village. (~20 minutes)

Is....is this possible?
>> No. 6314
>>6313
Well, I didn't figure on leaving Sanae hanging around by herself behind you, no. It's just the way I worded the choices. Also, you can break that 20 minutes or so into multiple choices.

>>6311
ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 6316
[X] Catch up with Keine and walk alongside her.
- [X] Talk to Keine local religionhistory. (~20 minutes)

But don't make it obvious that we're trying to gather intelligence.
>> No. 6317
[ ] Catch up with Keine and walk alongside her, hand-in-hand with Sanae..
- [ ] Talk to Keine and Sanae about life in the village. (~20 minutes)
>> No. 6327
[x] Catch up with Keine and walk alongside her.
- [x] Talk to Keine about cows. (~20 minutes)

Sounds good to me.
>> No. 6386
Tried to figure out some way to work cows into this, failed, sorry. If I don't get it done in the next two hours, I'll finish it and post it tomorrow.
>> No. 6413
File 122117251658.jpg - (105.51KB , 512x384 , 1212819482892.jpg ) [iqdb]
6413
>>6386
But Keine IS a cow.
>> No. 6414
File 12211786133.png - (118.77KB , 400x487 , EXKeine2.png ) [iqdb]
6414
>>6413

Only on full moons, so yeah!
>> No. 6418
File 122120399549.png - (71.63KB , 348x137 , Nemo apology excerpt.png ) [iqdb]
6418
>>6413
>> No. 6419
>>6418

I'd like to see this image in its entirety, if possible.
>> No. 6420
File 12212145769.jpg - (232.73KB , 800x600 , formalapologynemo.jpg ) [iqdb]
6420
>>6419
Here you go.
>> No. 6421
>>6420

Thanks.
>> No. 6526
You try to command your feet to follow her, but they remain rooted to the ground. A whispering concern from the back of your mind suddenly grows louder. No, no, no, it says. This whole situation reeks. Now's your last chance. Run, while her back is turned. You reach out and grab Sanae's hand as she moves ahead. "Sanae."

She stops in her tracks and gives you a puzzled look over one shoulder. "Huh?"

"Hold on, keep up, and trust me. Okay?"

"Uh..." She glances at the still departing teacher, then back at you, expression a little (but not totally) clearer, and adjusts her hand to fit in yours. "All right."

Wasting not another second, you dash off as quickly and quietly as you can out of the square the same way you came into it; away from the statue, away from Keine, hoping your cooperation just now was enough to buy you at least a few seconds' head start before she checks behind her. You slow down some once you're back on the street and among the meager early morning crowd, casting around for someplace to hide. Sanae, still confused but seeming to take your final piece of advice to heart, tugs on your arm and points quickly down one of the side streets at an unmanned vendor cart parked and shuttered along the northern curb. It's wide enough to hide both of you, and low enough to the ground that the chance of your legs being spotted is infinitesimal. Perfect. You make for it, Sanae a step ahead of you now rather than three behind, and the two of you duck behind the cart, and wait.

At least, one of you does. "Now then," Sanae hisses at you irritatedly, "would you mind explaining--"

"Sssh!" You reflexively clamp one hand over her mouth as every hair on your body stands up, like millions of tiny antennae, detecting the presence of a hostile scan. The image is as clear as if you could see right through the cart: Keine, moving quickly and purposefully down the street, face set and stern, eyes darting rapidly as they try to search every corner, hair flashing like steel as her head whips around to search the other side and back again. Once you're sure she's passed, you peek around the cart and can confirm everything but her expression as she continues her search southward.

Sanae sees her, too, and finishes her previous sentence in a stunned murmur. "...what the hell's going on?"

You decide to let the whispering voice take the microphone and speak for itself. "It stinks, it all stinks. How did she know we were here? She just happened to run into the one person in the whole village who knows about us? Minutes after we left him? It's too pat, I don't buy it."

She's quiet for a few seconds. "Then, how did she know we were here? Do you have a better explanation?"

"No," you admit with a sigh, "but like the old saw goes, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you."

Sanae remains quiet for another few seconds, looking from you to some point down the main street where Keine is probably still conducting her search. Finally she settles back on you. "Perhaps not. So, what now?"

Time - 9:30am
[ ] Get the hell out of Dodge.
[ ] Stay in the village, try to lose her.
[ ] Chase after her, force a confrontation on YOUR terms.

[ ] What? No! Bring back the nice Keine!

===

So, I spent the past week trying to write the exposition you voted for, but nothing doing. Today, on a whim, I tried writing this more actiony piece instead off of the "Grab Sanae and bolt" option. No problems.

So, yeah. Sorry for the railroading, but hey, an update's an update. And if you REALLY don't like it, there's an option for that, too. So, yeah.
>> No. 6527
[X] What? No! Bring back the nice Keine!

No Tetro.

I don't wait weeks for you to post, only to have you railroad me.

Take it back.
>> No. 6528
File 12216946506.jpg - (55.87KB , 704x396 , CAKED.jpg ) [iqdb]
6528
[x] What? No! Bring back the nice Keine!

Tetro stop letting YAF use your trip
>> No. 6529
☞ Stay in the village, try to lose her.
>> No. 6530
File 122169665028.jpg - (67.93KB , 500x400 , f17c300a1fe219d2bd7bccd8f981ba71.jpg ) [iqdb]
6530
[X] What? No! Bring back the nice Keine!

Sorry dude. Know you hate us and all, but even this update really feels out of place/and or character.
>> No. 6531
[X] What? No! Bring back the nice Keine!

What the hell happened to my plot continuity?
>> No. 6533
[x] Chase after her, force a confrontation on YOUR terms.
[x] Activate your Noble Phantasm.
>> No. 6534
[X] What? No! Bring back the nice Keine!
>> No. 6535
File 122170341677.jpg - (38.49KB , 448x447 , 1202852053427.jpg ) [iqdb]
6535
[X] What? No! Bring back the nice Keine!

....

We'll tell her we got lost or had to use the bathroom or something.

...
>> No. 6537
>>6535
No need for that, I'll just toss this update in the same box as that misfired Kanako dream sequence.

>>6527
Well, technically, you did...

>>6530
Heh.
>> No. 6538
FAILURE

Yeah, I think that's game over. Nothing more to see here.
>> No. 6539
[x] What? No! Bring back the nice Keine!
>> No. 6562
>>6537

Hey, I liked that dream sequence. But yeah, this, this was uncalled for.

[x] What? No! Bring back the nice Keine!

It's less that there couldn't be something up with her, than it is that this doesn't seem like something Ku-chan would do.
>> No. 6574
[x] What? No! Bring back the nice Keine!

GM left me in despair! Green-faced anon needs blue-white teacher badly! Etc, etc, etc.
>> No. 6578
>>6562
>Hey, I liked that dream sequence.
So did I, actually, but it was horribly out of place. It was supposed to go in between the fight and talking to Sanae in the kitchen the next morning, setting up the decision to cool off for a while, but I forgot about it until it was too late, so yeah.

>But yeah, this, this was uncalled for.
I'm still having the same problem writing the proper scene that I was before, but I am writing it.

>this doesn't seem like something Ku-chan would do.
Yeah, but there can be benefits to acting out-of-character on occasion.
>> No. 6583
File 122195505592.jpg - (313.87KB , 500x577 , 754c5e062866358b9a46be45cefbb0c4.jpg ) [iqdb]
6583
>>6578

Just give us back our happy were-cow.

Out of character acting gaems will happen either way.
>> No. 6606
File 122221260595.jpg - (213.99KB , 800x611 , filet-minon.jpg ) [iqdb]
6606
Filet Minon is a faget
>> No. 6711
All right, fuck. This update will not fucking budge. It has sat its big ass down on the ground and refuses to move, no matter how hard or long I push on it, and I can't figure out why. So, I'm taking a step back from it for a while. Rather it didn't have to come to this, but seemingly... yeah.

Don't worry, I'm not going all nineball on you faggots. I'll still be writing, just in the form of VN chapters (yes, Doc, really) and side-stories. In fact, there is a Plan B currently in motion to deliver some Nice Keine. Just don't watch this space to find it.

Later.
>> No. 6714
>>6711
Nice Keine is not important. We should be wondering if this is "smile and be cheerful while sending someone off to Hakurei Shrine to tell the miko that the dirty dirty outsiders are here" Keine.
>> No. 6716
>>6711
<3
>> No. 6717
>>6711
Well shit.

I comfort myself by constantly telling myself that the writers aren't gone, they're just writing for the VN: Scorn, HY, Tetro, Patchwork, Nine... Purely deception, but they help me sleep at night.
>> No. 6718
>>6717
I just lament their passing.

Only two of the Great Frontier Writefags still write regularly: Vodka and YAF.
(Vodka being the one to write the first non-WUiG, non-MiG CYOA in /th/, and YAF being the first to write a real CYOA in /shrine/.)

Also, Patch still updates, but at about the same pace as Vodka. ...well, maybe a little faster than that.
>> No. 6719
>>6718
My excuse is that I give time for write-ins to take the effect. But that is just an excuse, I know that I'm slow.

>Vodka being the one to write the first non-WUiG, non-MiG CYOA in /th/
You forgot the Suppa Quest, although that's probably for the best.
>> No. 6741
>>6719
GSQ was a useless failure, only good for its Yukari ass pillow scene.
>> No. 6743
>>6741

Didn't that CYOA have a dominate Tewi scene or am I thinking of something else? Because if it did then it wasn't all bad.
>> No. 6744
>>6743

It also had a TRIPPIN BALLS scene.
>> No. 6745
>>6744

As you come to, and on top of yourself, you notice yourself standing in a pool of blood, with a huge bloody hammer in your hands. As you take a closer look at the mess, it seems like it has rabbit ears and a pink dress. It’s the remains of Tewi. As you look at the pool of blood, the hamme in your hands starts talking to you.

“Dude, she is strong. Eat her and gain her strength” you decide that the hammer is legid and proceed to scoop some of the remains with with the hammer head that has just transformd itself into a scoop. Om nom nom nom Necronomicon, you eat some, but decide not to, since she seems pretty pissed off. The chopper stored in your hat emerges, and you take off, flying upside down, looking at the world from a new perspective.

As you fly at mach 7, you notice Marissa flying next to you. She says something about her being the fastest, but you ignore her because every time she opens her mouth, a bunch of sausages fall out.

You decide that this is good, letting the dancing germans in leatherpants beneath you get something to eat. Rainbows of all colors start to shoot out of your ass, spreading love and joy to everyone all over Gensokyo. Someone seems to challenge you to a fight of Danmaku, but screw curtain fire, you have better: Real fucking curtains! Nothing dares to stand on your path anymore! Excelsior! Tewi seems to be right next to you, riding the Rainbows you shoot forth. Both of you fly towards the sunset, as fast as you can, and bust that fucker open. Both of you yell FUCK YEAH! and skip towards the flying Dutchman. The ship takes off, and you once again fly fly fly…

As you regain consiousness, you hear that someone is next to you.
>> No. 6888
                  _,,.. -─- 、.,_
           _,. ‐''"´  ̄ヾ´       ヽー‐- 、,_
        ,. <       _,,..ゝ-‐─- 、.,  )     `ヽ、__
      ,. '"´  `ソ-‐ァ、'"´   _,,....,,_   ∧`ヽ、    ノ´ `ヽ,
    ,.'´    _ノ _,,..-─、''"´::::::_:::::`':..、∨   `ゝ、'´      ' 、
   ,.く.,,___,,.. -ァ'、ノ´r‐、-ァ'´:::ヽく)く)く)ェィメン>,、, / |  ヽ.       ',
 /     ノ〈 /!∧'`'y'::::::::';::::::::::::::::::`ヽ、::::';::::::ヽ, !   `i'ー、_____ノヽ.
/   ___,/  ト'_ _,ア:::::::::::::::i::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ヽ!::::::::::`':.、   ∧ i      ':,
'"´   '!  rン:::i/:::::::::::::::::::::::!::::::::::!::::!::::::::::::::::ヽ;:::::::::::::':, /  ', !       i
 ,.、_   ノ  /::::::::::::::::::::::ノ:::::::;ハ:::::::;'::__L:::::::::::::::::::Y:::::::::::::',  / !       |
/  `Y´〉 ,'::::::::::::::::::::;:':::::::::;' !::::/!::_」_:::::!:::::::::::::::';:::::::::::::i .∨  '、     ノ!
'    V  !::::::::::::::::::/::!‐-/  レ' ァ'"7,ハゝ!:::::::::::::::i:::::::::::::! /|   )ヽイ´  i
    !.  ';::::::::::::::ノ::::ァ'i'ヾ,     ,!__ノ .ノ::::::::::;:イ:::::::::::::ハ |   !/´    !
    ∧.  '、:::::::::::;:イ i ,!_ソ      ,.,.∠:;__;:ノ::::::::::::::::;':::::`ヽ.  ,'      |
  /! 〉  `ヽ(:::::::i,.,.  '        /:::::::::::::::::::ノ::::::::::::::::ヽ.!      ,'
 ノ  Y   ノソ::::::::7、    くi´ ̄)  /:::::::::::::::::::::´::::::::::::::::::::::::::',    /i
'´   |  ,.:':::::::::::::::::::::`>、,  `   ,.イ:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::!   / |
    ! ;':::::::;:'::::::::::::(::::::::::!`ヽ-rァ ´ '、::::::::::::!:::>'"´`ヽ、:::::::::::ノゝイ   ノ
   _ノV '、:::::i::::::::::::::::::`ヽ;:::_;:「7ー「7´彡ゝ、;_ノ´:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:ヽイノ /   //
レ'"´   !  `ヽ、;:::::::::::ン"´:.:.:ゝミ彡ン、 //:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:,.(、`ヽ、 ‐'" .,'
.|     !    )::/r'^x:.(ノ)╋ノOヽ():.:.:.:.:.:.:/:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:(__ノ:.:.:.rヘ)    i
..'.,   .ノヽ、  r'く:.:.:(ノ:.:╋ァ''⌒ヽ;╋!:.:.:.:.:.:.:.;':.:.:.:.:.:.:.i:.:.:.:.:__r'´ヽノ、   ノ
  '、/  ハ「>;ヘ::.X.:.:.:.:.:.:.',!「/ !,ハ:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:./:.:.:.X:.:.:.!-‐'´    V-‐'7´
   ヽ、ノ /   Y、.:.X:.:.:ゝ'ー‐'ン:.:.:.:.:.__ノ、:;___r-‐'ヽ,ァ'"´;ヽー、 ! /
     ゝ'´,. -‐--、」>、/:.:.;':.:.:!:.:.:.:.';:.:.:.:ヽ:.:.:.:.:.::.ヽ, /i  /i  ハ`ヽ,

Kanako demands updates.
WHERE ARE MY UPDATES GODDAMIT?
>> No. 6889
>>6888

Read this.

>>6711
>> No. 7030
>>6745

Isn't half of that from the tripping balls of GSP?
>> No. 7031
>>7030

Yes.
>> No. 7205
>>6711
>Don't worry, I'm not going all nineball on you faggots. I'll still be writing, just in the form of VN chapters (yes, Doc, really) and side-stories. In fact, there is a Plan B currently in motion to deliver some Nice Keine. Just don't watch this space to find it.

USO DA!
>> No. 7215
File 122516433027.jpg - (282.76KB , 512x512 , LoliPower001.jpg ) [iqdb]
7215
Come back, Tetro. Sanae is getting anxious. If you don't return soon, she might...

No, it's too late!
>> No. 7216
File 122516435479.jpg - (340.46KB , 512x512 , LoliPower002.jpg ) [iqdb]
7216
She's started a rampage!
>> No. 7217
File 122516437811.jpg - (342.03KB , 512x512 , LoliPower003.jpg ) [iqdb]
7217
Left and right!
>> No. 7218
File 122516441644.jpg - (253.60KB , 512x512 , LoliPower004.jpg ) [iqdb]
7218
She's turning healthy girls loli!

Make the carnage stop, Tetro! Only you can do this!
>> No. 7219
While we're on the subject of bumping this tread for shit we ain't gonna get;

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY SAYO?!
>> No. 7221
File 122519776315.png - (910.51KB , 800x2360 , THISISALSOAROUTE.png ) [iqdb]
7221
>>7215
>>7216
>>7217
>>7218
THIS IS NOW A ROUTE.
>> No. 7222
>>7218
>She's turning healthy girls loli!

And that's bad because...?
>> No. 7223
>>7221
How's Berlin?
>> No. 7225
File 122522638211.png - (30.37KB , 290x280 , CartoonHippoAtMasqueradeBall.png ) [iqdb]
7225
>>7223
It got eaten by robots. Here's an update.

===

You jog forward a little to catch up with Keine, Sanae matching your pace beside you. Wonder if she's thinking the same as you? "Say, Keine," you say as you slow down next to her, "you've been living here a while, right?"

"Mmm, a while," she says with just a hint of a cryptic smile (never ask a woman her true age, the old saw goes). "Why do you ask?"

"We were hoping, I think," Sanae chimes in as she moves around you to flank Keine from the other side, "that you might be able to tell us something about this place?"

Bingo. You nod in agreement, quietly pleased to find you and she were on the same wavelength after all. "Like, a general history." Sanae nods in turn, smiling, apparently as pleased as yourself.

"History?" Keine puts one hand over her mouth, trying to look thoughtful, but the corners peek up past her palm. "As a matter of fact, that happens to be a specialty of mine..."

"Perfect," you exclaim, drifting in closer, "then you're just who we wanted to meet!"

"Hmmm, is that so," she hums, letting her hand drop to reveal the small, secret smile still in place. "Well, all right, but I think it's only fair to warn you, I may be a bit too much of an expert. What I mean is, please forgive me if I start droning on or wander off onto a tangent."

"Nonsense," Sanae chirps, "I'm sure it'll be fascinating."

Keine smiles in silent thanks, slows her steps slightly, and begins:

"Gensokyo is a sort of pocket world, connected to the Earth, specifically the region now known as Japan, but not actually a part of it. Details along that line, I really can't help you with, I'm afraid, but I can tell you that the bulk of Japanese folklore and legend had its true origins here. This is, to put it bluntly, a land of monsters. That's not to say it is completely inhospitable, but it can be quite deadly to the foolhardy.

"Another vital fact to know is that the connection between the worlds, Gensokyo and Earth, was almost completely severed for various reasons 120 years ago, by the erection of the Great Hakurei Border." (That word, again, Hakurei... a name?) "While travel between the two was never what one would call 'easy', the Border worked to effectively seal Gensokyo away, making it nearly impossible. No border is ever perfect, however, and things do pass through occasionally, usually by sheer chance. As an aside, it cannot be definitively proven, but it has been noted that this 'chance' seems to favor that which is lost or forgotten by the outside world. Of course, that may just be chance in itself.

"This village we are in now is called the Human Village, and, well, it's just what it sounds like. While not the only human settlement in Gensokyo, it is by far the largest, and the oldest. The natives living here are descended from the youkai hunters of yore, mighty humans who made their way to test their strength against the superhuman creatures that lived here. Youkai are still the majority, but over time..." As she goes on, her words start to run together in your ears. At first you think something has happened to her, but you soon realize that, in actuality, it's just you zoning out. Your mind starts to wander...

[ ] Let it, see where it takes you.
[ ] Let it, start thinking about _________.
[ ] Snap out of it.
>> No. 7226
[X] Let it, start thinking about Hina's thighs.

Er...

[X] Let it, start thinking about your relationship with Sanae, and how nice it is to be able to go out with her like this.
>> No. 7227
>>7225

no wai!

[x] snap out of it

there's a quiz on friday
>> No. 7228
[X] Let it, start thinking about Hina's thighs.

Oh yeah~
>> No. 7229
[x] Snap out of it.

Must listen to the darling schoolmarm.
>> No. 7230
[X] Let it, start thinking about your relationship with Sanae, and how nice it is to be able to go out with her like this.

Aiming for Sanae Love-Love Good Ending 100%!
>> No. 7231
[X] Let it, start thinking about your relationship with Sanae, and how nice it is to be able to go out with her like this.
>> No. 7232
[x] Snap out of it.
>> No. 7233
[x] Snap out of it.

Mission still stands. And break the Tsun-tsun to get to the dere-dere core.
>> No. 7234
File 122524816855.jpg - (112.94KB , 640x510 , 1206487219513.jpg ) [iqdb]
7234
[!/] Snap out of it.

Schoolmarm moe~
>> No. 7235
[x] Snap out of it.

goddammit I was listening to that
>> No. 7236
>>7235
For some reason this post cracks me up.

Also, welcome the fuck back, Tetro!
>> No. 7237
[x] Snap out of it.
>> No. 7238
[x] Snap out of it.
>> No. 7239
[X] Let it, start thinking about Hina's thighs.

Hina's thighs are doing a lot better than our relationship with Sanae, aren't they?
>> No. 7242
>>7228 >>7239
This would've been... interesting... but, ye peoples have speaken. Writing now.
>> No. 7243
>>7242

hooray!
>> No. 7244
This is important, damn it! Or it could be, anyway! You shake your head and force your focus back onto Keine's words. "...natural period of transitionary unrest following the establishment of the Border..." See? Important. Probably has something to do with the attack on the mountain that tengu general was talking about. Or no, wait, that was hundreds of years ago, can't be. That guy didn't look that old. Old, sure, but not centuries, like. Tengu must live for a long time. Wonder how old Aya is, then? You haven't been to see her in a while...

So, my monitor of 10+ years decided to die on me this afternoon. Shopping for a new one took a chunk out of my writing time, and now I have to get some sleep before work. So, tomorrow. Paragraph related.
>> No. 7271
File 122541469397.jpg - (504.44KB , 640x1784 , 360345a5735d33a4f8f5a32826beed1a.jpg ) [iqdb]
7271
>>7244

Deploying Kanako tits~
>> No. 7272
[x] Snap out of it.
>> No. 7295
[x] Snap out of it!

Not time for delusions!
>> No. 7298
This is important, damn it! Or it could be, anyway! You shake your head and force your focus back onto Keine's words. "...natural period of transitionary unrest following the establishment of the Border..." See? Important. Probably has something to do with the attack on the mountain that tengu general was talking about. Or no, wait, that was hundreds of years ago, can't be. Wow, he was really alive back then? He didn't look that old. Old, sure, but not centuries, like. Tengu must live for a long time. Wonder how old that would make Aya? You haven't been to see her in a while...

...shit, there you go, again. You shake your head more vigorously this time, trying to clear away the cobwebs that seem to be sticking to it tenaciously. Keine seems to have moved on to the history of the Human Village now, while Sanae listens attentively. She's good at listening, it's one of her more attractive points. Well, aside from the obvious ones, that is, heh heh heh. What's she see in you, though? Just a link to the world she left behind? That can't be all there is to it. Suppose you could always ask, but that'd be supremely awkward...

All right, what the fuck, now? You grip your spear and grit your teeth, concentrating every bit of attention outward. It's harder this time, only lasting for a second, long enough for you to notice the distant, glazed look in Sanae's eyes and a snatch of Keine's speech about... lobsters?! Did you hear that right? They have an ocean here, too? Or are there freshwater lobsters in Japan? Dang, you can't remember the last time you had lobster. Got treated to a crab dinner a few months ago, but...

...damn it all...

[ ] ...

===

Lessee if you lot can figure your way out of this. I'm gonna go watch Forbidden Planet.
>> No. 7299
[x] "Wait... the Hakurei protect the Border and are thousand year old LOBSTERS?!"

Stupid humor option.
>> No. 7301
[x] "Wait... the Hakurei protect the Border and are thousand year old LOBSTERS?!"


It'll do
>> No. 7302
{X} "Wait... the Hakurei protect the Border and are thousand year old LOBSTERS?!"
>> No. 7303
[x] "Wait... the Hakurei protect the Border and are thousand year old LOBSTERS?!"

Sounds good to me.
>> No. 7304
File 122559400530.jpg - (28.82KB , 250x188 , 12187882000.jpg ) [iqdb]
7304
[!/] "Wait... the Hakurei protect the Border and are thousand year old LOBSTERS?!"

Bishie sparkle?
>> No. 7305
>>7304
>Bishie

It's like I'm browsing the internet in 1998!
>> No. 7306
>>7305

Blingee?
>> No. 7308
File 122563697019.gif - (896.16KB , 300x225 , facepalm.gif ) [iqdb]
7308
...ooooookaaaaaaaay. Writing commences.
>> No. 7309
[x] "Wait...thousand year old lobsters protect the Hakurei from the Border?!"

This is cleaner and still retarded!
>> No. 7310
> Lessee if you lot can figure your way out of this.

[X] Ask for a sound headbutt from Keine to clear your mind.

But seriously, could we have a hint or something? I honestly don't know where you're going with this.
>> No. 7311
>>7310
>But seriously, could we have a hint or something? I honestly don't know where you're going with this.
Gotta agree with this.
>> No. 7312
>>7310 >>7311
Actually, I would've taken just about any serious suggestion. But, thousand-year-old lobsters... no.

In other news, yeah, I'm still slow. Sage for slowness.
>> No. 7313
File 122568009118.jpg - (170.31KB , 800x1251 , 23738fbc.jpg ) [iqdb]
7313
My plan to go in to work early was foiled by the lack of anybody else there to let me in. So, I'm out ~$70 bucks come payday, but you faggots get an update. Hooray?

===

Wait... the Hakurei that protect the border are thousand-year-old LOBSTERS?! Well, why the hell not? You do recall hearing about some science thing where lobsters could feasibly live forever barring accident or disease, and it's not that much weirder to think about than a mountain full of wolf- and crow-people. Heh. Seems like such an everyday thing now, but it sure as hell freaked you out the first time you met Sayo a month ago...

The drone of Keine's voice wraps around you, and you lose yourself in idle recollections of your life here in Gensokyo. Your body drifts along on auto-pilot until you are suddenly snapped back to reality. Startled, you whip your head around instinctively to find the cause, settling on Keine's hands clapped together in front of her mouth.

"I'm so sorry," she murmurs, blushing slightly, "I said I'd try not to ramble, but... well, what can I say?"

"Oh, no, not at all," Sanae says thickly, blinking as if she'd just woken up. "Very informative, wasn't it?" You mumble some similar platitude. What the hell just happened?

"Well, anyway," Keine continues, "we're here." 'Here' is a fair-sized two-story house in a modern blend style - Western roof and windows, but Japanese sliding front door, and probably more of the same on the interior. It's smaller than its neighbors, but still looks like a lot of room for one person. The one person opens the door and slips off her shoes as she enters, pointing the two of you into a sitting room to the right while she continues down the main hall, presumably towards the kitchen.

Once you're both seated, Sanae leans over and whispers to you. "I didn't want to say it in front of her, but I couldn't focus on a single thing she said on the way here. Did you catch anything?"

You shake your head. "Something about a Hakurei Border separating Gensokyo from the Earth in general, but that's it. And, uh, something about lobsters." She gives you a look, but you can just shrug. "I dunno, all I heard was 'blah blah lobster'. Sorry." You both spend the rest of the wait in silence. There was something funny about all that just now, but you can't quite put your finger on it...

A few minutes later, Keine returns bearing a tray and three steaming cups of green tea. Serving the guests first, she sets the tray aside and takes her cup to sit at the table opposite you. "Well, then," Sanae says cheerily, "straight to business?"

"A fine idea," Keine agrees, voice like stone. "To begin with: who are you, and what are you doing here?" The sudden change in temperament leaves your companion looking somewhat deflated.

[ ] Give it to her straight.
[ ] Feed her your cover story.
[ ] Make something up.
[ ] Prompt Sanae into action, she should really handle this.
>> No. 7314
[ ] Prompt Sanae into action, she should really handle this.
>> No. 7315
[X] Give it to her straight.

"Good day, madam. My name is Cu Chulainn. The tengu living in this mountain sent me up here to spy on you," Part 2.
>> No. 7316
[X] Prompt Sanae into action, she should really handle this.

increase her charisma and diplomacy stats
>> No. 7317
[!/] Prompt Sanae into action, she should really handle this.
>> No. 7318
>>7315

Seriously though, I think this is a good idea. Remember that troubles like the actual MoF game plotline were all started by the Moriya crew failing to be totally upfront about their intentions and needs. How much more complicated would the negotiations at the mountain have been if we hadn't immediately revealed ourselves to the shrine crew?

Just tell Keine the truth, and don't fret too much about it. When it comes right down to it, Cu's biggest strengths are his goofiness and honesty. We can make this work without too much trouble at all.

And when Sanae asks us what the hell we were thinking when we just came out and revealed ourselves, we can just smile and remind her about how we met. How romantic is that?
>> No. 7319
[x] Give it to her straight.
>> No. 7320
[X] Give it to her straight.
>> No. 7321
[x] Give it to her straight.
>> No. 7322
[x] Give it to her straight.

If you know what I mean~
>> No. 7323
>>7322
I knew you'd be the one to make that joke.
>> No. 7324
[x] Give it to her straight.

No pun intended
>> No. 7325
[x] Prompt Sanae into action, she should really handle this.

This is really her purview. I'd rather we be the one to pick up the pieces when she fails.
>> No. 7326
Oh, and

[x] Make very sure you DON'T DRINK THE DAMN TEA.

It's probably drugged.
>> No. 7327
Writing commences.
>> No. 7328
File 122574250170.jpg - (97.61KB , 430x610 , 9f969eeb.jpg ) [iqdb]
7328
You wait for several seconds, trying to give Sanae a chance to recover and take the initiative. But, no, she's just taking too long, and that didn't sound like a question that would wait. Somewhat regrettably, you turn to Keine and speak for the both of you. "My name is Cu Chulainn, and this is Sanae Kochiya. We are outsiders, come here in peace seeking to learn more about this world in which we find ourselves."

The schoolteacher's demeanor does not change noticeably as her eyes flick to your spear against the wall behind you. "You come armed."

Your back straightens. "We come... prepared, yes."

Her gaze next indicates the bento bundled next to the weapon. "That spear and that package, I find it hard to believe you just wandered here."

"We have been in Gensokyo for a little over a month now, living on the tengu's mountain. With their permission," you add after a breath.

She blinks, but is otherwise as yet unaffected. "You are neither one of you normal humans, or else I would not have sensed your presence when you entered the village." Well, that's one question answered, sort of. "From where do you get your power?"

"Ah! I, I am... a shrine maiden. Of Moriya Shrine," Sanae interjects with a hesitant start, gaining confidence as she continues. "My power is the power of miracles... coming from my goddess. She requires faith to exist, but it became too scarce a commodity in the outside world, so she gathered her strength and brought the shrine to Gensokyo seeking greener pastures." Her posture straightens to join yours in a united front. "We mean no harm to anyone here."

Keine looks to you. "And you, you serve the Moriya goddess as well?"

"No," you sigh in resigned exasperation. "At least, that is not the source of my strength. I was on my way to visit the Shrine in the outside world, apparently just as it was making the journey here, and got caught up along with it. Ever since then, I've been exhibiting these strange abilities - strange to me, at least - but none of us have been able to figure out why yet." You shift uneasily and half-bow across the table to her. "It is not a very satisfactory answer, I know, but I'm afraid it's the only one we have for you."

She regards you both for a long second. "And everything you have just told me is the absolute truth?"

"Everything," Sanae confirms. "The absolute truth," you nod.

"And yet," Keine goes on, turning her chilled presence on you full force, "you lied to me with your very first breath." Your jaw disengages itself, and a knot forms in your chest. What? "Your name is not Cu Chulainn. That is the name you gave the tengu guard when he found you on the mountainside, and it is the name you have used since, but it is not your real name."

"Wh... wha?" You look to Sanae for help, but the look of dawning realization on her face is no solace. A cold sweat breaks out on your brow. "Wait... how the fuck do you know that?!"

"I'm asking the questions, now." Her voice is hard as steel. "What is your real name?"

[ ] ?
>> No. 7330
[ ] "I am actually vice-count Ostenfuer Klein Strassenverger, the notorious Neo-Nazi party leader. You have uncovered an identity the finest policing agencies in the world have never even knew existed."


......

I'll vote again if someone has something better to say.
>> No. 7331
[x] Ryuuichi Macbeth Montoya Freeman the Third
>> No. 7332
[x] "My real name is history, I gave that up the moment I used Cu Chulainn as a new name."

Stonewall her.
>> No. 7333
[X] "The tengu know me as Cu Chulainn, my friends know me as Cu Chulainn... all the people that I care about, who care about me, know me as Cu Chulainn. Isn't that what a name is? What those you care about call you? I may have had another name once, but to be honest I don't remember it anymore, and I don't really care. I'm me no matter what I'm called, and because the ones I love call me Cu Chulainn, then that's what my name is."
[X] "Now where do you get off telling me that the name I like, the name that I now consider my own, is somehow less substantial than whatever other moniker I may have been given a lifetime ago?"
>> No. 7334
[x] "Did I stutter?" Reach for your spear. "I am legendary Celtic hero, Cu Cuchlainn." Point it across the table at her threateningly. "Ask me again, and I'll tell you the same."

It's time for Ku-chan to live up to his family name and face full life consequences.
>> No. 7336
[X] "The tengu know me as Cu Chulainn, my friends know me as Cu Chulainn... all the people that I care about, who care about me, know me as Cu Chulainn. Isn't that what a name is? What those you care about call you? I may have had another name once, but to be honest I don't remember it anymore, and I don't really care. I'm me no matter what I'm called, and because the ones I love call me Cu Chulainn, then that's what my name is."
[X] "Now where do you get off telling me that the name I like, the name that I now consider my own, is somehow less substantial than whatever other moniker I may have been given a lifetime ago?"
>> No. 7337
> It's time for Ku-chan to live up to his family name and face full life consequences.

Epic.

[X] "The tengu know me as Cu Chulainn, my friends know me as Cu Chulainn... all the people that I care about, who care about me, know me as Cu Chulainn. Isn't that what a name is? What those you care about call you? I may have had another name once, but to be honest I don't remember it anymore, and I don't really care. I'm me no matter what I'm called, and because the ones I love call me Cu Chulainn, then that's what my name is."
>> No. 7338
{X} "The tengu know me as Cu Chulainn, my friends know me as Cu Chulainn... all the people that I care about, who care about me, know me as Cu Chulainn. Isn't that what a name is? What those you care about call you? I may have had another name once, but to be honest I don't remember it anymore, and I don't really care. I'm me no matter what I'm called, and because the ones I love call me Cu Chulainn, then that's what my name is."
{X} "Now where do you get off telling me that the name I like, the name that I now consider my own, is somehow less substantial than whatever other moniker I may have been given a lifetime ago?"
>> No. 7340
Slight re-write.

[%] "The tengu know me as Cu Chulainn, my friends know me as Cu Chulainn... and the people I love know me as Cu Chulainn. A name is simply an identifier used for people to communicate better is it not? Well its far more for me. I may have had another name once, but that memory and home are gone and lost to me know. Do not degrade me a simple mark of a pen and semantics. I'm me no matter what I'm called, and because the ones I love call me Cu Chulainn, then that's what my name is."

[%] "I apologize if I am difficult to tag, brand, file, and sort, historian, but my name is my being and it is far truer to me than who I was before."

I yam what I yam, lady.
>> No. 7341
[x] "My real name is history, I gave that up the moment I used Cu Chulainn as a new name."
[x] "The tengu know me as Cu Chulainn, my friends know me as Cu Chulainn... all the people that I care about, who care about me, know me as Cu Chulainn. Isn't that what a name is? What those you care about call you? I may have had another name once, but to be honest I don't remember it anymore, and I don't really care. I'm me no matter what I'm called, and because the ones I love call me Cu Chulainn, then that's what my name is."
[x] "Now where do you get off telling me that the name I like, the name that I now consider my own, is somehow less substantial than whatever other moniker I may have been given a lifetime ago?"

They all fit.
>> No. 7342
[x] "My real name is history, I gave that up the moment I used Cu Chulainn as a new name."
[x] "The tengu know me as Cu Chulainn, my friends know me as Cu Chulainn... all the people that I care about, who care about me, know me as Cu Chulainn. Isn't that what a name is? What those you care about call you? I may have had another name once, but to be honest I don't remember it anymore, and I don't really care. I'm me no matter what I'm called, and because the ones I love call me Cu Chulainn, then that's what my name is."
[x] "Now where do you get off telling me that the name I like, the name that I now consider my own, is somehow less substantial than whatever other moniker I may have been given a lifetime ago?"
>> No. 7343
[x] "My real name is history, I gave that up the moment I used Cu Chulainn as a new name."
[x] "The tengu know me as Cu Chulainn, my friends know me as Cu Chulainn... all the people that I care about, who care about me, know me as Cu Chulainn. Isn't that what a name is? What those you care about call you? I may have had another name once, but to be honest I don't remember it anymore, and I don't really care. I'm me no matter what I'm called, and because the ones I love call me Cu Chulainn, then that's what my name is."
[x] "Now where do you get off telling me that the name I like, the name that I now consider my own, is somehow less substantial than whatever other moniker I may have been given a lifetime ago?"
>> No. 7344
[!/] "The tengu know me as Cu Chulainn, my friends know me as Cu Chulainn... and the people I love know me as Cu Chulainn. A name is simply an identifier used for people to communicate better is it not? Well its far more for me. I may have had another name once, but that memory and home are gone and lost to me know. Do not degrade me a simple mark of a pen and semantics. I'm me no matter what I'm called, and because the ones I love call me Cu Chulainn, then that's what my name is."

[!/] "I apologize if I am difficult to tag, brand, file, and sort, historian, but my name is my being and it is far truer to me than who I was before."
>> No. 7345
[x] "My real name is history, I gave that up the moment I used Cu Chulainn as a new name."
[x] "The tengu know me as Cu Chulainn, my friends know me as Cu Chulainn... all the people that I care about, who care about me, know me as Cu Chulainn. Isn't that what a name is? What those you care about call you? I may have had another name once, but to be honest I don't remember it anymore, and I don't really care. I'm me no matter what I'm called, and because the ones I love call me Cu Chulainn, then that's what my name is."
[x] "Now where do you get off telling me that the name I like, the name that I now consider my own, is somehow less substantial than whatever other moniker I may have been given a lifetime ago?"
>> No. 7346
[x] "My real name is history, I gave that up the moment I used Cu Chulainn as a new name."
[x] "The tengu know me as Cu Chulainn, my friends know me as Cu Chulainn... all the people that I care about, who care about me, know me as Cu Chulainn. Isn't that what a name is? What those you care about call you? I may have had another name once, but to be honest I don't remember it anymore, and I don't really care. I'm me no matter what I'm called, and because the ones I love call me Cu Chulainn, then that's what my name is."
[x] "Now where do you get off telling me that the name I like, the name that I now consider my own, is somehow less substantial than whatever other moniker I may have been given a lifetime ago?"
Wandbacon.
>> No. 7348
[x] "The tengu know me as Cu Chulainn, my friends know me as Cu Chulainn... all the people that I care about, who care about me, know me as Cu Chulainn. Isn't that what a name is? What those you care about call you? I may have had another name once, but to be honest I don't remember it anymore, and I don't really care. I'm me no matter what I'm called, and because the ones I love call me Cu Chulainn, then that's what my name is."
>> No. 7351
Just according to kokoromachi. (TL Note: kokoromachi means expectation.)

Writing commences.
>> No. 7353
Updates?
>> No. 7354
>>7351

So November is Despair Month?
>> No. 7355
>>7354

feels good man
>> No. 7356
>>7353 >>7354
You'll note that I have switched away from the standard "writing now" announcement. Keep your panties on.
>> No. 7398
>>7356

said panties have been on for nearly a week.
>> No. 7436
>>7398
Surprisingly comfortable, aren't they? Well, why should girls have all the fun, right?

===

"My real name," you hear your voice stating, "is Cu Chulainn."

Keine makes some accusatory rejoinder, but you're only barely aware that she's speaking at all. It... really is, isn't it? You hadn't thought about it until now, but since you have, you share your newfound reasoning with your inquisitor:

"I understand well enough what you meant - you were inquiring after my old name. But I gave that one up so long ago, I don't even remember it anymore, nor do I any longer have a reason to care. I found a new name when I came to Gensokyo. To the tengu, to the kappa, to everyone who loves me, and who I love in return, I am Cu Chulainn, and that makes it more real to me than whatever moniker I might have been given a lifetime ago." You take another breath, but having already spoken your piece, hold it instead. Behind the cover of the table, you feel Sanae's fingers seek out and entwine themselves with your own; gripping each other this way, the pair of you face down the village guardian, ready for her response.

Quite unexpectedly, Keine places both of her hands on the table and bows her head down in between them to touch it. "Please understand, I acted only in the interests of the village and its people, and do deeply apologize for my actions." She straightens up, placing her hands back in her lap. The complex, pained expression on her face leaves little doubt as to the veracity of her next sentence. "I really, really hated having to do what I did, but... even with Gensokyo as peaceful as it is now, two unknown and not inconsiderable powers just showing up out of the blue like you did... well, I didn't feel I could afford to take any chances. I am very sorry," she repeats, bowing again.

"It's quite all right," Sanae says, exhaling a sigh of relief.

"We've been put through a lot worse," you quip, trying to lighten the atmosphere.

Keine smiles weakly, bows a third time, and picks up her tea. "Mr... Chulainn, then," she begins, something obviously still troubling her. "do you serve the same shrine as Ms. Kochiya? The same goddess?"

"Er, well," you stammer, scratching your head, "I guess I wouldn't say 'serve', exactly, not the same way she does, at least... why?"

Rather than answer you, she turns to Sanae with a serious expression. "Mistress Kochiya, there is something I must discuss with you. It is possible that the course of this discussion will cover some secrets of your shrine, I cannot say for certain, but in light of this, perhaps your companion should not be present?"

You and Sanae look to each other, but it seems Keine has once again caught you both by complete surprise. "There... really aren't that many trade secrets I have to keep," she says to Keine before turning back to you again, "but I suppose it's really his decision..."

Time - 10:00am
[ ] Stick by her side, hear what she hears. (2 hours)
[ ] Remember the mission - Sanae can deal with whatever this is, while you continue gathering info elsewhere. (20 minutes)
>> No. 7437
[ ] Remember the mission - Sanae can deal with whatever this is, while you continue gathering info elsewhere. (20 minutes)

have some faith in Sanae
>> No. 7439
[x] Stick by her side, hear what she hears. (2 hours)

Your "mission" is to protect Sanae. If she doesn't have a problem with you being there, then you should stay. Keine's shown a willingness to browbeat you, so Sanae might need some emotional support.
>> No. 7440
[x] Stick by her side, hear what she hears. (2 hours)

For the reasons detailed above.
>> No. 7441
[x] Stick by her side, hear what she hears. (2 hours)

We should know this, anyway.
>> No. 7442
[X] Ask what Sanae thinks. She is the shrine maiden, after all.

If it's about the shrine then it's better if she does the decisions.
>> No. 7445
[ODIN] Stick by her side, hear what she hears. (2 hours)

I didn't think of this earlier, but the irony here is that the gaelic myth, Cú Chúlainn was an nickname in the first place.

And we stay with Sanae.
>> No. 7446
[x] Stick by her side, hear what she hears. (2 hours)
>> No. 7449
>>7436
>"My real name," you hear your voice stating, "is Cu Chulainn."
I am now hearing the english dub version of Trigun when Vash clears out Augusta and it's so fucking perfect for this.
>> No. 7451
See you in the next 1 1/2 weeks, Tetro!
>> No. 7452
>>7451
k, bye!
>> No. 7454
>>7452

Don't you dare. Don't you dare.
>> No. 7457
Hello! And welcome to Bro&'s Ireland mythology guide!

A quick tidbit about Cù Chulainn. He, not only being a fierce warrior of Ireland, was also the best Hurley player of the land. He had a Hurley stick as his main weapon and it was also the weapon he killed that hound with. This is before he received his lance.

His legend is brought up in the GAA. A possible idea is to start up a sports stadium for Suwako. You could call it Croak Park
>> No. 7458
[ ] Remember the mission - Sanae can deal with whatever this is, while you continue gathering info elsewhere. (20 minutes)

Sanae can take care of herself, and Keine doesn't seem dangerous. I'm afraid the next post will be 2 hours of Cu zoning out. I say we explore and run into more people to advance the plot which would otherwise be wasted by staying.
>> No. 7459
[X] Stick by her side, hear what she hears. (2 hours)

Love Sanae~. Don't want to risk missing her later.
>> No. 7460
>>7454
Nah, just kidding. I've meant to update, but spent the past couple of days passed out asleep instead (when I'm not at work, of course), so, uh, dunno what to say.

>>7457
I've seriously got to get around to reading up on this shit.

>>7458
>I'm afraid the next post will be 2 hours of Cu zoning out.
Get out of my head, Charles.
>> No. 7461
File 122710531062.jpg - (70.96KB , 800x558 , 800px-Hurling_Ball_and_Hurley.jpg ) [iqdb]
7461
>>7460

Here have a picture of his weapon.
>> No. 7464
>>7461

>Clash of the Ash.

THAT'S FUCKING BADASS
>> No. 7466
It's a bit late to mention it, but...

>>7221

I would definitely accept a mini-Kanako route.
>> No. 7467
>>7466
Duly noted.

Writing now. Yes, now.