[Return]
Archived Thread

File 121788057894.jpg - (133.37KB , 850x510 , sample-7e6f4026ffaa0d45974ffe6f2dfbb272.jpg ) [iqdb]
5110 No. 5110
[x] Flash a mischievous smile. “Oh, about a half hour now.”

You put on your best mischief-making smile. “Oh, about a half hour now.”

She simply sinks lower into the pool at this, the water line up to her eyes. She’s giving you quite the glare.

“What? I didn’t want to ruin the mood so soon...”

She continues to sink into the water, now completely submerged. You give Takiko a discrete smile, to show your gratitude for making this possible.

A few minutes pass, and Nitori still doesn’t surface. Either she’s got incredibly good lungs, or being a water imp enables her to stay underwater for a long time. Either way, you wait for her to surface. She doesn’t. A few more minutes pass. She still doesn’t come up.

You sigh. “Maybe I overdid it?” You ask Takiko. She just gives you a smile.

More time passes and she still doesn’t surface. A tinge of guilt starts to form in your mind. Perhaps it was a bit too much? You still can’t see into the pool because of the morning sun, so you can’t tell if she’s watching for you to get out or not.

[ ] Be polite. Get out of the pool.
[ ] Close your eyes. “Hey, I won’t look. I promise.”
[ ] Dive underwater. That should cause her to surface.

>> No. 5113
{X} Dive underwater. That should cause her to surface.

"lol hi"
>> No. 5114
[ ] Be polite. Get out of the pool.
>> No. 5115
[ ] Dive underwater. That should cause her to surface.
>> No. 5117
[+] Be polite. Get out of the pool.
She's a shy girl. Let her be, at least until we've progressed more.
...well, either that, or she's taking advantage of her Kappa water-breathing ability to scope out our junk. In which case, we shouldn't allow it until she's willing to show hers as well.
>> No. 5118
[ ] Be polite. Get out of the pool.
>> No. 5119
[ ] Be polite. Get out of the pool.
>> No. 5120
[ ] Be polite. Get out of the pool.
>> No. 5121
[X] Be polite. Get out of the pool.

She's already angry at us for not telling her, lets not push it.
>> No. 5122
[X] Dive underwater. That should cause her to surface.
>> No. 5123
[X] Be polite. Get out of the pool.
That device could use a bit of work, maybe using out intellect to tweak it a bit later would be a bad idea.
[X] FLEX
Ahhh... Brisk.
>> No. 5124
Updates when?
>> No. 5125
>She's a shy girl. Let her be, at least until we've progressed more.

SHY GIRLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY

[x] Dive underwater. Scoop her up into your arms.
>> No. 5129
[X] Be polite. Get out of the pool.
>> No. 5130
[x] Pee in the pool.
>> No. 5131
>>5125
Deleting >>5112 and changing vote to this:

[X] Dive underwater. Scoop her up into your arms.
>> No. 5132
[x] Dive underwater. Scoop her up into your arms.
>> No. 5134
[x] Be polite. Get out of the pool.

Hummmm.
>> No. 5135
[x] Dive underwater. Scoop her up into your arms.
>> No. 5136
[x] Dive underwater. Scoop her up into your arms.
>> No. 5137
[X] Dive underwater. Scoop her up into your arms.

Heh heh heh.
>> No. 5140
>>5124
Not tonight, apparently. I ended up taking care of some other stuff instead. Updates tomorrow.
>> No. 5142
Discounting flexvote and peevote, leaving and diving seem to have TIED at 9 votes each.
>> No. 5144
>>5142

Here's the tie-breaker, and first to ten, then, for what it's worth:

[X] Dive underwater. Scoop her up into your arms.
>> No. 5146
[X] Dive underwater. Scoop her up into your arms.
>> No. 5149
[Z] Dive underwater. Scoop her up into your arms.
>> No. 5150
[x] Be polite. Get out of the pool.
>> No. 5151
[Y] Be polite. Get out of the pool.
>> No. 5152
[kappa!] Be polite. Get out of the pool.
We've pressed her hard enough for now. More teasing will work negatively, methinks.
For now.
>> No. 5153
[A]Be polite. Get out of the pool.
>> No. 5154
The glare worries me. She doesn't usually glare. She might be really pissed off.

[x] Be polite. Get out of the pool.
[x] Take a minute to FLEX, to remind her that she's seen you before and that you're comfortable with it. Or maybe just to distract her.
Might help.
>> No. 5160
[x] Dive underwater. That should cause her to surface.

...but then again, perhaps it wasn’t.

“Takiko? I’m going in,” you say, acting dramatic. “She’s obviously drowning and in need of assistance.”

Takiko gives you an uneasy smile.

You hold your breath, and dive in, the warmth of the spring surrounding you. You try opening your eyes, to see, but the minerals in the spring don’t agree with you. Before they’re forced closed, you do manage to see a pale blob on the other side of the lake. Assuming its Nitori, you try to swim over.

...but, there’s a strong current in your way. Odd. Why is there a current in this spring? Convection of some kind? The water doesn’t seem that much warmer, so it’s probably not that. You try your hardest, but can’t make any headway against it. Your lungs start to tell you that they need oxygen, so you surface.

As soon as you do, another current starts up, taking you back to the side of the pool where your clothes are. A water imp, huh? Seems she gets some abilities to go with that.

“Fine, I get it.” You say, laughing. Loudly, too, as you want her to hear you. You turn around to face the bank, and hoist yourself up. “I’m about done, anyway.”

You face away from the pool, and stand as far from the edge as you can. No sense preventing anyone else from getting out. As you towel off, you hear something surface behind you. Nitori, probably. She doesn’t say anything.

“Oh, are you done, too?” You ask, trying to sound as normal as possible while flexing.

“...not until you leave.” She says, quietly. She doesn’t sound outright angry, but there’s a slight hint of irritation in her voice.

[ ] “Sure thing. Sorry about that.”
[ ] “A stalemate, then? I wasn’t going to leave without you.”
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 5162
[X] “Sure thing. Sorry about that.”

Fail at sneaking up on a water imp in the water? Check. For our next trick, we will race Aya.
>> No. 5164
[ ] “Sure thing. Sorry about that.”
>> No. 5168
[X] "Did that really bother you? I'm sorry, then. It wasn't meant that way."
>> No. 5169
[Q] "Did that really bother you? I'm sorry, then. It wasn't meant that way."

Better.
>> No. 5170
{X} "Did that really bother you? I'm sorry, then. It wasn't meant that way."

yeeah
>> No. 5171
[X] "Did that really bother you? I'm sorry, then. It wasn't meant that way."
>> No. 5174
Awwwwright, I give.

[Λ] "Did that really bother you? I'm sorry, then. It wasn't meant that way."
>> No. 5176
[Κάππα] "Did that really bother you? I'm sorry, then. It wasn't meant that way."
>> No. 5179
[x] "Did that really bother you? I'm sorry, then. It wasn't meant that way."

An apology would be best. You meant no offense. “Did that really bother you?” You ask, rhetorically. “I’m sorry, then. It wasn’t meant that way.”

You suppress the urge to flex, and start to throw on your clothes.

“...a little.” You hear Nitori say from behind you, still in the water. “Why didn’t you tell me sooner?”

“I thought you were going to figure it out sooner than you did, but I guess I was wrong about how obvious it was. Especially while washing. You can see yourself when that thing is on?”

“Y... yeah.” She says, her tone of voice softening a bit. “Why wouldn’t I be able to?”

You laugh. “That’s what I mean. I was just going by how they work in the movies. Cloaking devices are still largely impractical in the outside world, so I don’t have any first hand experience.”

“Movies?” She seems curious “Like what?”

“Predator comes to mind. And this one Nintendo game... although, how it used bullets to cloak you, I’m not sure.”

Buttoning up your lab coat and grabbing your cane, you finish dressing yourself. It seems that Nitori’s calmed down a bit. Enough to not send you back to the shrine alone, though? That’s the real question.

[ ] “So, do I still have to go back alone?”
[ ] Head into the air. “I’ll see you back at the cave.”
[ ] “Is Takiko going back with you, or should I wait for her?”
>> No. 5180
[X] Head into the air. “I’ll see you back at the cave?” Hesitate for a few seconds.
>> No. 5183
[X] Head into the air. “I’ll see you back at the cave?” Hesitate for a few seconds.
>> No. 5184
[Κάππα] Head into the air. “I’ll see you back at the cave?” Hesitate for a few seconds.
>> No. 5185
[X] Head into the air. “I’ll see you back at the cave?” Hesitate for a few seconds.
>> No. 5186
{X} Head into the air. “I’ll see you back at the cave?” Hesitate for a few seconds.
>> No. 5187
[+] Head into the air. “I’ll see you back at the cave?” Hesitate for a few seconds.
>> No. 5190
[x] “So, do I still have to go back alone?”

Humdedum.
>> No. 5194
[x] Head into the air. “I’ll see you back at the cave?” Hesitate for a few seconds.

You throw your towel over your shoulder and leap into the air, preparing to leave.

“So, I’ll see you back at the cave?” You ask, seeking confirmation to her earlier demands.

“...yeah.” She says, sounding a little hesitant.

You give her a nod, and take off into the sky, soaring like an eagle.

...or rather, move slowly into the sky like the cripple you are. The flight back is largely uneventful, and you start to get bored. This path is boring. There’s nothing to think about, and no adrenaline from high speed flying. You can’t take it. How long is it going to be like this? If you could just find something to think about, the time would pass much quicker. But, in order to comprehend anything interesting, you’d have to...

...no, the end is in sight. While you were debating the matter, it seems you’ve made good time. The end is in sight, so you only need to press on a little farther.

Landing, you realize right away that you should find something to do. Those pangs of boredom keep springing up, a seemingly unpleasant side-effect of your new mind. Nitori should be back by now, but you know you didn’t see her fly by. Perhaps she really wasn’t done with the bath, or maybe she’s going at Takiko’s pace. Either way, she should be back soon.

[ ] Just wait out here for her to come back. If the boredom gets too bad, you can go do something else.
[ ] Go find a book or something to read in the living room.
[ ] To the lab. Maybe you can do some light mental work, or see about Takiko’s writing utensil.
>> No. 5195
[ ] To the lab. Maybe you can do some light mental work, or see about Takiko’s writing utensil.
>> No. 5196
[ ] Just wait out here for her to come back. If the boredom gets too bad, you can go do something else.

we need to re educate ourselves in patients and taking it easy
>> No. 5197
[x] To the lab. Maybe you can do some light mental work, or see about Takiko’s writing utensil.

Lab or book are fine. Don't wait around like a pathetic abandoned dog.
>> No. 5198
[x] To the lab. Maybe you can do some light mental work, or see about Takiko’s writing utensil.
>> No. 5199
[ ] To the lab. Maybe you can do some light mental work, or see about Takiko’s writing utensil.
>> No. 5200
[x] To the lab. Maybe you can do some light mental work, or see about Takiko’s writing utensil.
>> No. 5201
Sleepan gaems, updates tomorrow.
>> No. 5203
[Κάππα] To the lab. Maybe you can do some light mental work, or see about Takiko’s writing utensil.
>> No. 5204
[futile] Go find a book or something to read in the living room.
>> No. 5205
[x] To the lab. Maybe you can do some light mental work, or see about Takiko’s writing utensil.

To the Bat-cave!

>The flight back is largely uneventful, and you start to get bored. This path is boring. There’s nothing to think about, and no adrenaline from high speed flying. You can’t take it. How long is it going to be like this? If you could just find something to think about, the time would pass much quicker. But, in order to comprehend anything interesting, you’d have to...
I foresee that in a couple years/centuries Bill will become one of those youkai who is endlessly causing others trouble out of boredom. Or he'll be perma-killed.
>> No. 5207
>>5196
>we need to re educate ourselves in patients and taking it easy

This sentence.
This sentence.
This sentence is an eyesore.
>> No. 5208
[X] To the lab. Maybe you can do some light mental work, or see about Takiko's writing utensil.
>> No. 5211
[x] To the lab. Maybe you can do some light mental work, or see about Takiko's writing utensil.
>> No. 5215
[x] To the lab. Maybe you can do some light mental work, or see about Takiko’s writing utensil.

You head into the cave to find something to do. Perhaps you should head down to the lab? Yes, that would be good. Surely you can find some way to occupy yourself down there.

You make your way into the cave, and down to the lab. It’s slow going, but it already feels like your leg is getting a little better. It might just be your imagination, but it seems like you can feel it rebuilding itself. It’s still completely numb and worthless, however, so you don’t expect it to be back in operation any time soon.

Upon reaching the bottom stairs, you’re greeted with the now mostly familiar mounds of scrap. Ruukoto is still sitting on her bench, un-fueled, and your blackboard is still filled with now mostly alien equations. You can make out a few of them, but most of it is over your head. The inspiration you’ve got boxed away wants to have a crack at it, but you’ve already learned your lesson. Maybe you’ll be able to finish it some other time.

Now, where would Nitori keep some writing utensils in all this mess? You check the workbenches in the visible area, and find nothing. You still have your pen, but you’d rather not give that up. Your search continues; however, it’s quite fruitless. Nitori has an alien organization scheme. You’re sure it makes sense on some level, but right now, it doesn’t.

Either way, looking around is enough to keep you interested. After a few minutes, you catch sight of Nitori by the entrance. You call out to her. She notices and walks over, Takiko fluttering along behind her.

“I knew I’d find you down here,” Nitori says, smiling. “What’s up?”

“Oh, I was just looking for some pens, or some paper.” You laugh. “This place is pretty unorganized. Think you could show me where they are?”

She thinks about it for a minute, and then begins to walk in a direction you hadn’t checked yet. “Why organize? I can remember where everything is just fine,” then, she adds, “It’s this way. Come on.”

You do. After a few twists and turns, the three of you come to a table stashed away behind a few piles of stuff. You doubt you would have found it on your own.

“Take your pick,” she says, taking off in another direction. “I’ll go get the paper.”

There is literally a small mountain of writing utensils on the table, ranging from golf pencils to high-tech pens. Now, what to pick?

[ ] The smallest pencil you can find. It’ll be easy for her to carry around.
[ ] The smallest pen you can find. That way, she won’t have to worry about sharpening.
[ ] Let Takiko pick.
>> No. 5216
[X] Let Takiko pick.

She's a big little fairy girl.
>> No. 5217
[ ] Let Takiko pick.
>> No. 5218
[x] The smallest pencil you can find. It’ll be easy for her to carry around.

Pencils can be erased, and the fairy seems to have trouble writing in the first place, so that'd be useful. Also, you could probably carve a pencil down a bit to make it smaller.
>> No. 5219
{X} Let Takiko pick.
>> No. 5220
[ ] Let Takiko pick.

D'awwww
>> No. 5221
[X] Let Takiko pick.
>> No. 5222
[ ] Let Takiko pick.
>> No. 5223
[X]Hit Takiko
>> No. 5224
[x] Let Takiko pick
>> No. 5225
[X] Let Takiko pick.
>> No. 5226
File 121805535252.gif - (2.67KB , 256x224 , ouch_what_do_you_do.gif ) [iqdb]
5226
>>5223
ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 5227
[x] Let Takiko pick.

“Go on, Takiko, pick one,” you say, motioning to the table. Might as well let her choose her own pen.

She gives you a grin, smiles, and flies over to the pile. She rummages through it for a while, tossing pens and pencils lightly aside. You just watch, amused. Eventually, after a couple of minutes, Nitori returns, a small notepad about as large as a CD case in hand. Takiko still hasn’t finished her search.

Nitori gives you an odd look. “She’s being a bit picky, isn’t she?”

You laugh, not bothering to answer.

Another minute or so passes, and Takiko flies over to you with two things; a very large, shiny pen, and a shorter golfing pencil. She’s carrying them like someone would carry firewood, cradled in both arms, with an uneasy look on her face.

“Oh? What’s the problem?”

She motions to the pad of paper Nitori is holding.

“I guess she wants to write,” You say, holding out your hand. “Nitori?”

Nitori gives you the pad of paper. “I wonder what she has to say?” She muses.

You set it down on the table, clearing a spot.

“Is that it?”

Takiko nods, and flutters over to the thing. She tries writing with the pen, but it looks incredibly difficult. She’s holding the thing upright and using both hands to write. Eventually, she stops, and looks at you, indicating she’s finished. You pick it up to read it.

“’Pen... in... this’?” You ask, confirming her terrible handwriting. Takiko nods, holding the pencil towards you.

“Sorry, Takiko,” Nitori says, “I don’t have any pens like that.”

[ ] “Wouldn’t a pencil work fine, Takiko?”
[ ] Offer to perform surgery on the pencil.
>> No. 5228
Is it a ball-point pen? If it is, those are supplied by cartridges that include all the operational parts (ink supply and writing tip), and the casing is just for the sake of providing something comfortable and stylish for the writer to grip onto.

[+] Pop open the pen and hand her the cartridge. That should be just the right size.
>> No. 5229
{X} Offer to perform surgery on the pencil.

I guess a pencil would require too much force to write with for a fairy~
>> No. 5231
{X} Offer to perform surgery on the pencil.
>> No. 5232
[X] Offer to perform surgery on the pencil.
>> No. 5233
[X] "Huh. I didn't think of that. That's really quite insightful of you, Takiko."
[X] Pop open the pen and hand her the cartridge. That should be just the right size.
>> No. 5234
[X] "Huh. I didn't think of that. That's really quite insightful of you, Takiko."
[X] Pop open the pen and hand her the cartridge. That should be just the right size.
>> No. 5235
[X] "Huh. I didn't think of that. That's really quite insightful of you, Takiko."
[X] Pop open the pen and hand her the cartridge. That should be just the right size.
>> No. 5236
[☢] "Huh. I didn't think of that. That's really quite insightful of you, Takiko."
[☢] Pop open the pen and hand her the cartridge. That should be just the right size.
>> No. 5238
[X] Offer to perform surgery on the pencil.
>> No. 5239
[X] Offer to perform surgery on the pencil.
[X] Pop open the pen and hand her the cartridge. That should be just the right size.
>> No. 5240
[x] Offer to perform surgery on the pencil.

It's alive! It's ALIVE!
>> No. 5243
[X] "Huh. I didn't think of that. That's really quite insightful of you, Takiko."
[X] Pop open the pen and hand her the cartridge. That should be just the right size.

Oh god Takiko is HNNNNNNNNNNNGH.
>> No. 5244
[X] "Huh. I didn't think of that. That's really quite insightful of you, Takiko."
[X] Pop open the pen and cut it down to size.

Remember, pen cartriges are nearly the length of the pen, and would looooong for Takiko.
>> No. 5245
>>5244
Cutting it down to size would make ink go EEEEEEEEEEEEVERYWHERE
>> No. 5247
>>5245

then have a vacuum machine standing by? I dunno.
>> No. 5248
>>5244
Actually, for most pens, they're something like half the length.
And yeah, cutting one open (for anything other than cheap mass-produced disposable pens) would make ink go everywhere.
>> No. 5249
[x] "Huh. I didn't think of that. That's really quite insightful of you, Takiko."
[x] Pop open the pen and hand her the cartridge. That should be just the right size.

"Huh. I didn't think of that. That's really quite insightful of you, Takiko."

She seems pleased with herself, donning a big grin.

“But, that might not be necessary.” You say, looking at the pen. You grasp it tightly and give it a twist, unscrewing the top of the pen. The ink cartage on the inside is one of the metallic kinds, skinny and somewhat smaller than the pen. “Would this work?”

You hand it out to her and she takes it from you, smiling. Reaching back to the table, you set the pad of paper back down, flipping the top sheet back. The ring binding on it is quite nice, well aligned. After doing so, you back away.

“Well, go on,” you say, motioning to the paper. “Give it a whirl.”

She does. Her movements look a lot smoother now than they did with the bulky shell of the pen. She turns back to you after a minute or so, removing her pen from the paper. You take a look at the writing. It’s a lot more legible now, ‘Thank you’ coming through the squiggles fairly easily.

“You’re welcome.” You say, giving her a grin.

Nitori lets out a soft laugh. You had almost forgotten she was there. “You two get along great, don’t you?” She says, an admiring tone in her voice.

“Well, sure. I’ve always had a good sense of humor.”

“So... what now?” Nitori asks, seeming curious. “I don’t have any projects pending. If you don’t have anything in mind, I’m just going to go tinker with something.” She smiles. “You’ve given me some good ideas.”

As much as you’d like to get back to work on the distillery, it’s not really an option at this point. You’d like to keep your sanity. Something a bit more... passive... seems in order.

[ ] “Well, Takiko needs something to carry her stuff around in...”
[ ] “Mind if I watch? I don’t think I’ll be much help, but...”
[ ] “Would you like to give the distillery plans some work? You could probably follow them from what I've got down already.”
>> No. 5250
[X] “Mind if I watch? I don’t think I’ll be much help, but...”
>> No. 5251
[ ] “Well, Takiko needs something to carry her stuff around in...”
>> No. 5252
[ ] “Mind if I watch? I don’t think I’ll be much help, but...”
>> No. 5253
[ ] “Mind if I watch? I don’t think I’ll be much help, but...”
>> No. 5254
[x] “Would you like to give the distillery plans some work? You could probably follow them from what I've got down already.”

hummmmm.
>> No. 5257
[x] “Well, Takiko needs something to carry her stuff around in...”

What are you going to make her lug that javelin around herself?
>> No. 5258
[x] “Well, Takiko needs something to carry her stuff around in...”
>> No. 5259
[z] “Well, Takiko needs something to carry her stuff around in...”
>> No. 5260
[x] “Well, Takiko needs something to carry her stuff around in...”
>> No. 5261
[x] “Well, Takiko needs something to carry her stuff around in...”
>> No. 5262
[x] “Well, Takiko needs something to carry her stuff around in...”

Oh god, tiny fairy moe

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
>> No. 5268
[x] “Well, Takiko needs something to carry her stuff around in...”

“Well, Takiko needs something to carry her stuff around in... the whole idea of the small pen and paper was that it’d be easy to carry around.”

“Hmm... what did you have in mind?” Nitori asks, not sounding at all interested.

“Well, I was thinking about sewing together a small bag or something.” You say. It’s been a while since you’ve used your sewing skills, but it’s not going to be anything difficult. “Do you have any thick fabric scraps, a needle, and some thread?”

She frowns. “I usually don’t keep stuff like that, but... there might be some around. Want me to look?”

“Would you please?”

“Sure.” She smiles. “There’s only a few places I’d put it, anyway. They’re kind of in the back, though, so...” she leaps into the air. “We should fly.”

Takiko scoops up her ink cartridge in both hands while you grab the paper. You rise into the air, Takiko following, and head after Nitori. After a little bit of flying, you make it near the back wall of the cave. You don’t think you’ve ever been this far back. Nitori lands near a small pile, most of which seems to be made of old clothes. There’s a small pile of needles, and spools of thread nearby. The three of you land.

You laugh. “You weren’t kidding when you said it was near the back, were you?”

“Nope.” She motions to the plies. “Well, take your pick. I’m going to go work on my optical camouflage.” Sighing, she adds. “I guess that the sealant I used was no good for higher temperatures and humidity.”

“That makes sense,” then, realizing you’ve got no means cut the fabric you add, Do you have some scissors?”

She sets down her backpack, and comes up with a pair of tin snips. “Will these work?”

“I... think so.” You say, taking them. “Let me try it, first. It’s a bit heavy duty for what I’m cutting.”

You grab a shirt, something old with a Hawaiian print, and cut into the collar. It seems to work fine. “It’ll do fine.”

“Good, good.” Saying that, Nitori levitates into the air. “I’ll be near the front, if you need anything else.”

With Nitori gone, you turn to Takiko. “Would something like a large handbag be fine? I’m not very good at sewing.”

She nods, seemingly pleased with this.

You rummage through the pile, and manage to find some sort of plaid work shirt. The material is thick enough, if a bit tacky, but it should work fine.

“Now, pay attention, Takiko.” You say, smiling. “You might need to do this some day.”

Off in the distance, you hear the sound of some machine roaring away. The acoustics in the cave seem to carry sound well; you can still hear it, even though it’s pretty far away.

You get to work, slicing pieces off of the shirt first. The pattern is going to be a little crooked on the bag, but it should be fine. You never were good with straight lines. After acquiring the two sides and two straps for the bag, you get to work. Takiko takes a seat on your shoulder, watching intently.

At least sewing requires enough focus so that your boredom can’t come into play. There is some technique to be mindful of and, though the work is tedious, it’s at least something. You sew with fairly good efficiency. The only sounds you can hear are Takiko’s tiny breathing near your ear, and the ambient noises coming from Nitori. It started off with a lower-pitched machine, and has now switched to something sounding like a skill saw. The sounds stop again, and then there is... talking? No, there’s no way you’d be able to hear talking at this distance. It sounded like a voice, a woman’s voice, but that’s impossible. Right?

[ ] Right. Get back to sewing.
[ ] Investigate.
>> No. 5269
[Q] Investigate

There is no other choice.
>> No. 5270
{X} Right. Get back to sewing.
>> No. 5271
[x] Right. Get back to sewing.
>> No. 5272
[x] Right. Get back to sewing. Have Takiko go check it out.
>> No. 5276
[x] Right. Get back to sewing.

Do NOT send Tikako to check it out, what if its that bitch and she zaps our fairy again!
>> No. 5277
[X] Right. Get back to sewing. Have Takiko go check it out.
>> No. 5278
[X] “Well, Takiko needs something to carry her stuff around in...”
Since that probably won't take long at all...
[X] “Mind if I watch? I don’t think I’ll be much help, but...”
>> No. 5279
[x] Right. Get back to sewing.
>> No. 5281
[Q] Investigate


Ruukoto?
>> No. 5282
[Κάππα] Investigate
>> No. 5283
[x] Right. Get back to sewing.
>> No. 5284
[x] Right. Get back to sewing.
>> No. 5285
[]Investigate, In the name of SCIENCE!

Also, I just read this from the beginning. Pretty good so far.

Bill seems to understand alot of things but can he:
Understand, Understand,
Understand, Understand,
Understand, Understand,
The concept of love.
>> No. 5287
[x] Investigate

Shoooom.
>> No. 5288
[x] Right. Get back to sewing.

Even if it is reimu, come to whisk us away to our probable death, we have something much more important to do. SEW SEW SEW!
>> No. 5293
[X] Investigate.
>> No. 5295
[ ] Investigate.
>> No. 5296
[x] Right. Get back to sewing.

It’s nothing. You’re just hearing things. Looking over, Takiko doesn’t seem to be reacting either. You return to your project. It’s shaping up rather nicely. You’ve already got the pouch finished, so the straps are next. It’s going a little too smoothly, perhaps, but you’re not complaining.

“So, how do you like it so far, Takiko?” you ask. Looking over, she gives you a nod. You start on the straps. Sewing a box should provide ample strength to fasten the two pieces of fabric together. The needle plunges into the fabric over and over under your guidance.

Though... you wonder what’s happened to the sounds. Perhaps Nitori is working on the final touches and no longer needs loud machinery. Every so often you catch a faint sound resembling a voice, but it’s nothing. Just the strange acoustics of an underground chamber again.

The first strap is on. “Here,” you say, handing it to Takiko, “Is this the right length?”

She grabs it from you, holding the strap in both arms, and takes flight. It seems all right. It’s not loaded down yet, but she seems to be able to carry it without much impediment. After she finishes her test flight she returns, handing it to you.

“Ah, good, then. I’ll just finish it up.”

The second strap goes on as easily as the first. This really isn’t too difficult. You load the bag up with the pen and paper.

“Here you go, Takiko. All finished.”

She gives you a giant grin and takes the bag.

“Do you like it?”

Nod, nod.

“Great. Well, if the stuff falls out, I might be able to fasten a button to keep it shut, or---“

“That thing is still here?”

A voice from behind you, somewhere in the air. It’s female, but not Nitori’s. You turn around.

“Well, at least you’re not causing any trouble.”

It seems Reimu has returned. She’s floating in the air above you, Nitori and two other people by her side. One seems to be a little girl with horns, a giant purple gourd by her side and a strangely patterned dress over her body. Her eyes are half closed, and she looks extremely tired. It’s still a little early in the day. Perhaps she was up late?

Glancing to the other one, you get the feeling you two have met before. She meets your gaze and gives you a tiny, slightly malicious grin. Just enough to acknowledge your presence. Could this be Yukari? Her dress is different, being a more elaborate white one this time, but it’s quite possible. The idea is enough to send chills down your spine.

[ ] “Why, hello there.”
[ ] “...Yukari?”
[ ] Let someone else lead the conversation.
>> No. 5297
[X] "y halo thar"
>> No. 5298
[Q] “Why, hello there.”
>> No. 5299
[ ] “Why, hello there.”
>> No. 5300
[x] “Why, hello there.”
>> No. 5301
[ ] “Why, hello there.”
>> No. 5303
[x] “...Yukari?”

What's with that grin, Missy?
>> No. 5304
[x] "Why hello there Yukari."
[x] "Or should I say, my mother."
[x] Playfully smother her with the pillow located nearby.
>> No. 5305
[ ] “Why, hello there.”
>> No. 5306
[x] “Why, hello there.”

Sup.
>> No. 5307
File 121816576484.jpg - (125.25KB , 621x610 , 1214898650494.jpg ) [iqdb]
5307
[ x ] “Why, hello there.”

BROTH---MOTHER!
>> No. 5308
>>5304
oh u
>> No. 5310
[x] "Why, hello there, Yukari's boobs."
>> No. 5311
[x] “Why, hello there.”
>> No. 5313
[Κάππα] “Why, hello there.”
>> No. 5317
[x] “Why, hello there.”

“Why, hello there.” You bow. “What brings you back so soon?”

“Soon?” Reimu’s face takes on a scowl, and she lands near you. Everyone following her follows suit, though the horned girl lies down on the ground afterwards. “I haven’t slept in nearly a day and a half. Do you know how hard it is to find her?” Now that she’s closer, you can see that that’s probably true. She’s got fairly large bags under her now slightly red eyes. “No, you probably don’t.”

“Anyway,” she says, motioning to the woman in white. “She’ll fill you in. I’m leaving.”

“So soon, Reimu?” The woman in white chimes in, her voice taking on a playful tone. It’s not fitting for her apparent age. “But we just got here~”

Reimu doesn’t bother to respond, or even acknowledge the comment. “Follow her plan. If you mess this up...” She lets the threat hang.

“You didn’t tell me he was a half-youkai, Reimu.” The woman in white says, looking at you. Her grin seems to have morphed into something... else. It’s obvious she’s toying with both of you. “That changes things a little.”

Reimu, who had turned to leave, has now turned around to look at you. She does so for a few seconds, and then narrows her eyes. She looks... angry. Like someone who’s had a little too much, and is about to snap. Her eyes have taken on a dangerous glint.

“Explain.” Reimu’s not asking. She’s demanding. Behind her, you can see Nitori, an uneasy look on her face. It looks like she’s getting ready to say something.

[ ] “It was an accident.”
[ ] Laugh nervously. “What? I’m not allowed to be Steve Austin?”
[ ] Let Nitori speak.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 5318
[Rematch]
>> No. 5319
[x] "Apparently drawing power from youkai bones into one's body to fight a shrine maiden can be dangerous to one's continued humanity."

In short, I blame Reimu.
>> No. 5320
[x] "Apparently drawing power from youkai bones into one's body to fight a shrine maiden can be dangerous to one's continued humanity."
>> No. 5321
[X] Let Nitori speak.
>> No. 5322
[x] "Apparently drawing power from youkai bones into one's body to fight a shrine maiden can be dangerous to one's continued humanity."

Don't blame me, Reimu.
>> No. 5323
[x] "Apparently drawing power from youkai bones into one's body to fight a shrine maiden can be dangerous to one's continued humanity."
>> No. 5324
[x] "Apparently drawing power from youkai bones into one's body to fight a shrine maiden can be dangerous to one's continued humanity."
>> No. 5328
[Q] "Apparently drawing power from youkai bones into one's body to fight a shrine maiden can be dangerous to one's continued humanity."
>> No. 5331
[x] "Apparently drawing power from youkai bones into one's body to fight a shrine maiden can be dangerous to one's continued humanity."

Nitori... it looks like she’s bound for another case of self-loathing. You’ve got to step in.

"Apparently,” you say with a perfectly straight face, “drawing power from youkai bones into one's body to fight a shrine maiden can be dangerous to one's continued humanity."

Nitori gives you a confusing look. You’ll have to explain later that it was just a lie to get Reimu to back down. “Not that I mind. It’s not like I’ve suddenly gotten an urge to eat flesh or anything.”

She continues to stare at you, causing your fight or flight instincts to kick in. Her glare is positively venomous.

“Now, Reimu dear, don’t be rude.” The woman in white says, chuckling softly. “You’re embarrassing me.”

Reimu no longer looks ready to kill you, her gaze shifting to the woman in white. It seems that previous statement has caused her rage to be spread too thin. She lets out a strained sigh, and turns back to you.

“... I’m leaving. This had better be fixed soon.”

You give her a wave, smiling. “Bye. It was nice to see you again.”

It seems she’s begun ignoring you, as well. She lifts up into the air and takes off towards the front of the cave, leaving you four alone.

The woman in white gives you a grin. “Don’t mind her, it’s past her bedtime. Now...” She pauses for dramatic effect. “Some introductions are in order, I believe. “My name is Yukari Yakumo... although, you already knew that, didn’t you?” Her grin again takes on that slightly malicious overtone. “You’re quite rude, Bill. Challenging me to a duel and then retreating before it can start?” She wags her finger. “Tsk, tsk.”

[ ] Let her talk.
[ ] “You could’ve come back a different day, you know.”
[ ] “You would have lost, anyway.”
>> No. 5333
[ ] Let her talk.
>> No. 5334
[ ] Let her talk.
[ ] “Well, it would still be my pleasure to play with you."
>> No. 5340
[x] “You would have lost, anyway.”
>> No. 5341
[x] Let her talk.
[x] “Well, it would still be my pleasure to play with you."

Can't.....resist.
>> No. 5343
[x] Let her talk.
[x] “Well, it would still be my pleasure to play with you."
>> No. 5344
[Q] Let her talk.
[Q] “Well, it would still be my pleasure to play with you."

Nice. Though we'll probably still lose.
>> No. 5345
[x] Let her talk.
[x] “Well, it would still be my pleasure to play with you."
>> No. 5346
The leg's not really working, can we still danmaku?
>> No. 5350
[X] Let her talk.
[X] “Well, it would still be my pleasure to play with you."
[X] "...if you know what I mean."
>> No. 5351
[X] Let her talk.
[X] “Well, it would still be my pleasure to play with you."
[X] "...if you know what I mean."
>> No. 5352
>>5346

Who said anything about danmaku?
>> No. 5354
[x] Let her talk.
[x] “Well, it would still be my pleasure to play with you."

“Well, it would still be my pleasure to play with you,” you say, bowing. Looking up, Nitori is looking at you like you’re crazy. Perhaps you are.

Yukari’s grin widens. “Oh? You’re pretty brave. Perhaps you don’t know who I am?”

“I know,” you say, “Nitori, Hina, and Aya filled me in.”

She raises her eyebrow a bit at the mention of Aya’s name. “And you’d still fight me?”

“Sure.” You shrug. “Danmaku is non-lethal, anyway. I’ve spent enough time unconscious lately that I think I’m getting used to it.”

“Ufufufu...” It’s that laugh again. This is definitely the same woman, which is disturbing. Aya may have described her powers to you, but to see them in action...

“Anyway,” she says, “Perhaps some other time. It could prove... interesting, with your new abilities.”

The girl sleeping on the floor mumbles something incomprehensible, so you look over. It seems Takiko is playing with the red ribbon one of her horns.

“That,” Yukari says, speaking up, “Is my friend, Suika. She’ll be the one to take care of your problem.”

“What’s the plan, anyway?” You ask, turning back to her. “I’m totally in the dark, here.”

“Well...” Yukari says, reaching into--- what?

“W-what the hell...?”

She seems to have reached into the very fabric of space itself. Her hand has vanished into some sort of... hole, a purple space filled with shapes you can’t comprehend. She takes a seat on something similar, though this one is crescent shaped. Both of them have ribbons on the end, seemingly holding them open. They’re similar to the ribbons in her hair, although a bit smaller. She pulls out two rectangles of paper and hands them to you.

“I can’t actually get you to Europe without risking the border’s integrity.” She sighs. “It’s close to collapsing as it is; that black hole has really done a number on it. You’ll have to fly.”

Reimu certainly wasn’t paying enough attention to your ranting the other day to have given her that explanation. So how...?

“Oh,” she says, noticing your puzzled look. “You didn’t think I’d only made one visit to that mind of yours, did you?”

So, she came back. You’re not sure that you like the idea of someone stepping into your mind without your knowledge.

“You should pack your bags. You wouldn’t want to miss your flight, would you?”

You look at the paper she had handed you. They’re plane tickets. It looks like the flight leaves in about two hours. The problem being, of course, that there’s only two of them. One for you and one for Suika, you assume.

[ ] “I think you forgot the other two tickets in that hole of yours, Yukari.”
[ ] “I think you forgot the other ticket in that hole of yours, Yukari. Where is Nitori supposed to sit? In the cargo hold?”
[ ] “I think you forgot the other ticket in that hole of yours, Yukari. Where is Takiko supposed to sit? In the cargo hold?”
[ ] Obey. No sense arguing.
>> No. 5356
[Ω] “I think you forgot the other two tickets in that hole of yours, Yukari. Where are Nitori and Takiko supposed to sit? In the cargo hold?”
>> No. 5357
[ ] "Nitori can your optical camo be used on both you and Tikako?"
if not
[ ] “Tikako can be cloaked, but I think you forgot the other ticket in that hole of yours, Yukari. Where is Nitori supposed to sit? In the cargo hold?”
>> No. 5358
[Q] “I think you forgot the other two tickets in that hole of yours, Yukari. Where are Nitori and Takiko supposed to sit? In the cargo hold?”
>> No. 5359
[ ] "Nitori can your optical camo be used on both you and Takiko?"
if not
[ ] “Takiko can be cloaked, but I think you forgot the other ticket in that hole of yours, Yukari. Where is Nitori supposed to sit? In the cargo hold?”
>> No. 5360
There's something here that could be used to embarrass Nitori as making it sound like Yukari is suggesting she spend the entire flight sitting on our lap, but I don't know how to phrase it.
>> No. 5361
[ x ] "Nitori can your optical camo be used on both you and Takiko?"
if not
[ x ] “Takiko can be cloaked, but I think you forgot the other ticket in that hole of yours, Yukari. Where is Nitori supposed to sit? In the cargo hold?”
>> No. 5362
[ x ] "Nitori can your optical camo be used on both you and Takiko?"
if not
[ x ] “Takiko can be cloaked, but I think you forgot the other ticket in that hole of yours, Yukari. Where is Nitori supposed to sit? In the cargo hold?”
>> No. 5365
[x] "Nitori can your optical camo be used on both you and Takiko?"

You can’t just leave Nitori and Takiko behind.

“Hey, I’m not leaving without these two.” You say, motioning to Takiko, and then Nitori. Then, looking at Nitori, you add, “If they’d like to go, of course.”

Nitori smiles at you, and Takiko looks back.

“Oh? And how do you plan to get them onto the plane?” Yukari asks, sounding a little miffed. “It was all I could do to get passage for you two.” Then, grinning that devilish grin, she adds, “I hope you like the Red Cross. You and Suika joined up.”

“We... ah, what?”

“The outside world is a mess.” She sighs. “There’s no commercial flights running at all. It took Ran nearly a day and a few small crimes to get these.”

You’d rather not delve further into what exactly she had to do to get them. But... a day? That means she was probably planning even before Reimu found her. You almost feel sorry for the poor Miko.

“So, the black hole is still out there?”

“Yes.” Yukari says simply. “The other end of the hole ended up in Gensokyo, as you’re well aware. I’ve sealed it up on this end, but... it’s still trying to open back up. I don’t think it’s as aggressive anymore, from what Ran told me, but it’s still there.”

“A black hole that’s not consuming matter? That doesn’t make any sense.” You add, shaking your head.

But... it does. Not to you, of course, but to your boxed away inspiration. It’s starting to get annoying. You get the feeling that it’ll drive you to insanity NOT knowing things after a while.

“It doesn’t have to,” She says. “You’ve somehow managed to create it inside the border itself. That means it doesn’t have to follow the same physical laws as it would in the outside, even though it exists partially there.” Yukari laughs. “You’re pretty unlucky to have done it, though. The pores in the border shift around a lot. A second or two earlier or later and it wouldn’t have happened.” Her grin becomes mischievous again. “Science does rule, though, doesn’t it?”

It seems she really has been going through your memories.

“A-anyway,” you say, changing the subject, “Nitori? Can your optical camouflage be used on more than one person simultaneously? That way, you and Takiko could sneak on board without much trouble.”

Snapping out of whatever her thoughts were, she looks at you. “It could, but it would be uncomfortable. You see, it only extends a few inches off of my skin... oh!” She raises her voice, realizing something. Turning to the fairy, she asks “Would you mind riding in my backpack? It would be a little cramped, but...”

She shakes her head, and then sets down her bag. After a few seconds, she’s managed to scrawl out “fun” on her paper.

Yukari doesn’t participate this exchange, a distant look in her eyes. It truly looks like she’s not all here, like her attention is elsewhere. You can’t even begin to fathom what sort of thoughts must be passing through her head. She’s probably doing some border work right now.

“Great,” You say. You’re not sure how fun it’ll be sitting in a backpack for a twelve hour flight, but she seems willing. “Sending two more people over isn’t a problem, right Yukari?”

She snaps out of her daze, looking as little disoriented for a second. “No. Any more questions? If not, you should gather up some clothes. I’ve got a little money to cover some expenses, but not much.”

Somehow, she seems to have everything in hand.

[ ] Go pack.
[ ] “So... what are we going to do about Suika’s horns? She’ll stick out like a sore thumb.”
[ ] “How will we get back afterwards?”
>> No. 5366
[x] “How will we get back afterwards?”
[x] “So... what are we going to do about Suika’s horns? She’ll stick out like a sore thumb.”

Hum.
>> No. 5368
>She snaps out of her daze, looking as little disoriented for a second. “No. Any more questions? If not, you should gather up some clothes. I’ve got a little money to cover some expenses, but not much.”

[x] “So... what are we going to do about Suika’s horns? She’ll stick out like a sore thumb.”
[x] “How will we get back afterwards?”
[x] Go pack.
>> No. 5371
[ ] “How will we get back afterwards?”
>> No. 5372
[x] “So... what are we going to about Suika’s horns?"

I'd her horns.
>> No. 5374
[x] “So... what are we going to do about Suika’s horns? She’ll stick out like a sore thumb.”
[x] “How will we get back afterwards?”
[x] Go pack.
[x] "Thanks, Yukari."

She's still helping out, and she really doesn't owe us anything, could just gap us someplace random for all she cares.
>> No. 5376
[+] “So... what are we going to do about Suika’s horns? She’ll stick out like a sore thumb.”
[+] “How will we get back afterwards?”
[+] Go pack.
[+] "Thanks, Yukari."
Show them that we are, in fact, thinking.
>> No. 5377
[x] “So... what are we going to do about Suika’s horns? She’ll stick out like a sore thumb.”
[x] “How will we get back afterwards?”
[x] Go pack.
[x] "Thanks, Yukari."
>> No. 5378
[x] “So... what are we going to do about Suika’s horns? She’ll stick out like a sore thumb.”
[x] “How will we get back afterwards?”
[x] "Thanks, Yukari. The reason for all of this is probably that curse Hina removed from me when I got here, so you shouldn't be have to deal with any repetitions when the Outside decides to go looking for the Higgs again."
[x] Go pack.

She's awfully nice considering how much work she has to do because of us.
>> No. 5379
[+] “So... what are we going to do about Suika’s horns? She’ll stick out like a sore thumb.”
[+] “How will we get back afterwards?”
[+] Go pack.
[+] "Thanks, Yukari."
>> No. 5380
[X] “So... what are we going to do about Suika’s horns? She’ll stick out like a sore thumb.”
[X] “How will we get back afterwards?”
[X] Go pack.
[X] "Thanks, Yukari."
>> No. 5382
File 121829979596.jpg - (407.70KB , 723x1023 , 1218057927544.jpg ) [iqdb]
5382
[X] “So... what are we going to do about Suika’s horns? She’ll stick out like a sore thumb.”
[X] “How will we get back afterwards?”
[X] Go pack.
[X] "Thanks, Yukari."

YUKARI~N!
>> No. 5385
[⌬] “So... what are we going to do about Suika’s horns? She’ll stick out like a sore thumb.”
[⌬] “How will we get back afterwards?”
[⌬] Go pack.
[⌬] "Thanks, Yukari."
>> No. 5388
[x] “So... what are we going to do about Suika’s horns? She’ll stick out like a sore thumb.”
[x] “How will we get back afterwards?”
[x] Go pack.
[x] "Thanks, Yukari."

The aura of assuredness is comforting, but you’re one for hard facts.

“So... what are we going to do about Suika’s horns?” You ask, motioning to the sleeping girl. “She’ll stick out like a sore thumb.”

“I was going to give her a sombrero.” Yukari says with a perfectly straight face. Then, she smiles. “But, I think I’ll just do this instead.”

She looks to the girl, staring intently at her. Yukari’s golden eyes seem to flash for a moment, and suddenly... the horns simply fall off, as if sheared at the base. They clatter to the floor noisily, causing Suika to stir.

“Mmm...” she reaches up and rubs her head. Upon reaching the part where her horn should be, she freezes. Her eyes open up slowly “Wha...? Hey!” She glares at Yukari. “Whaddya do?”

The horns drop into the floor, a new series of purple-tinted holes forming under them. Another opens near Yukari, dropping the ill-gotten horns into her hands.

“You should have paid attention earlier~” Yukari says, her singsong voice returning. “Remember when I said that humans notice horns easily? This is a stealth mission. I’m just giving you an advantage.”

“But...” she looks ready to protest, but Yukari cuts back in.

“You’ll get them back if you do a good job,” Yukari adds, tossing the horns into a newly formed hole, “along with a treat. Remember that special alcohol I bought back from the outside that one time?”

The little girl’s eyes light up, but you’re just confused. She’s a little too young to be drinking, isn’t she? “Oh, that ‘everclear’ stuff?” Suika asks, obviously excited. “But...” she pats the spot where her horns used to be, looking helpless. “You’re still mean.”

Well... you’re just wasting time. You’re sure she’ll get over it, so you decide to get your other question out of the way. “So, how are we getting back after the job’s done?” You ask, turning to Yukari.

“You ask a lot of questions, don’t you?” She says, grinning that grin. “I do have a plan, you know. I’ll be able to sense when you’ve taken care of the problem. After it’s safe to do so, I’ll simply bring you back.” She gives you a long, hard stare. “Is that it?”

“Yes.” You’re satisfied with her answers, so you turn to Nitori. “Should we go pack, then?”

She looks a little nervous. “Yeah... the outside world, huh?”

“Hey, it’s not a bad place,” You add, trying to comfort her. “I’m sure you’ll love it.”

“Oh, before I forget...” It’s Yukari. You look back, and notice she’s holding two cards. “Here.”

You reach out and grab it. It... looks like a passport. You open it, and are greeted with your smiling face. It doesn’t have your name on it, but instead has someone else’s. You wonder. Is this a forgery...?

“You’ll need this to get on the plane.” She says, motioning to it. Then, she sighs. “And use the name on the passport. Ran’s quite good at this sort of thing. The people they originally belonged to are...” She cocks her head to the side, gaining a hint of malice to her smile, “Unavailable at the moment.”

“But... you’d have to change the photos in the passport database, along with all kinds of other things...”

“As I said,” She says, her grin not changing, “Ran’s quite good at this sort of thing. They’re completely valid.”

Ran sounds like some prodigy superhacker from the description she’s giving you, but you decide not to ask.

“Cool.” You start to levitate, “Well, we should go pack. I imagine airport security is going to be terrible.” Nitori follows you, not saying much. Takiko does as well. “Shall we meet near the stairs to the cave?”

“Sure,” Yukari says, that look of deep thought returning to her face. “Be quick about it.”

“Oh, and Yukari?” You decide to add before leaving. “Thanks. You’re going through a lot of trouble to help the guy who caused this mess.”

“I’m not doing this to help you, you know.” She says, not returning from that distant state. “I’m doing it to help Gensokyo. Reimu seemed set on having you guide Suika, and I saw no problem with it.”

Her expression grows even more distant, as if she’s paying more attention to something far away. You take this as you’re cue to leave, but... Suika looks quite disheartened. She’s taken a seat on the ground and is looking at you sadly.

[ ] Invite her to help you pack.
[ ] Try to comfort her, and then leave.
[ ] Just leave.
>> No. 5389
[ ] Comfort her, and then invite her to help you pack.
>> No. 5390
[ x ] Comfort her, and then invite her to help you pack.
>> No. 5391
{X} Comfort her, and then invite her to help you pack.

Poor Suika. ;_;
>> No. 5392
[ ] Comfort her, and then invite her to help you pack.

Now no one can her horns.
>> No. 5394
[ ] Comfort her, and then invite her to help you pack.
>> No. 5395
you're gonna bust my nutbladder klaymen
>> No. 5396
[ x] Comfort her, and then invite her to help you pack.

Her horns! I cant her horns!
>> No. 5397
[ ] Comfort her, and then invite her to help you pack.

WE ARE ON A MISSION PEOPLE! PUT AWAY YOUR BULLSHIT, WE GOT A GENSOKYO TO SAVE.
>> No. 5398
[ ] Comfort her, and then invite her to help you pack.
>> No. 5401
[X] Comfort her, and then invite her to help you pack.

Buck up, soldier!
>> No. 5404
[x] Comfort her, and then invite her to help you pack.

Yukari...sheared off...an oni's horns?
>> No. 5412
>This is a sneaking mission.
...

[X] Comfort her, and then invite her to help you pack.
>> No. 5419
[x] Comfort her, and then invite her to help you pack.

“Go on ahead, Nitori,” You say, still looking at Suika. “I’ll catch up in a minute.”

You land. Takiko opts to stay with you. How could you resist comforting this girl? She looks pretty down.

“Hey,” You say, trying to be as comforting as possible. “Are you alright?”

She looks at you. “Yukari’s my friend, but she’s a meanie sometimes.” Suika says, her tone of voice mournful. Yukari is still a trance-like state and isn’t paying attention. “What’s an Oni without her horns?”

Resisting the urge to enter drama mode, you decide to point out the facts as gently as possible. “She’s right, though. People would be calling the cops, running down the street screaming, things like that.” You laugh a little. “It’d be pretty funny, but it would be better for us to act... and look... like normal people. Besides, if we do this right, it shouldn’t take more than a day or so.”

That’s assuming the best, but... you probably shouldn’t tell her that.

“Then we can all come back. Sound good?”

She pauses, and then gives you a single nod. “Sure. I’ll still miss my horns, though...”

“Fair enough. Now, would you like to help me pack?” You say, smiling. “I’m Bill. I don’t think we’ve been properly introduced yet.”

She grins back. “You’re right. My name’s Suika,” Pausing, she looks at you suspiciously. “But... why do you need help packing? Do you have lots of stuff?”

[ ] “Not really. I just figured it would be more interesting than staying with Yukari when she’s like this.”
[ ] “Oh, yes. Tons. There’s no way I’ll be able to carry it all.”
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 5420
[x] “Oh, yes. Tons. There’s no way I’ll be able to carry it all.”

If only I had someone with super strength to help me~
>> No. 5422
[ ] “Not really. I just figured it would be more interesting than staying with Yukari when she’s like this.”
>> No. 5423
[ ] “Not really. I just figured it would be more interesting than staying with Yukari when she’s like this.”
>> No. 5424
[x] “Not really. I just figured it would be more interesting than staying with Yukari when she’s like this.”
>> No. 5425
[x] “Not really. I just figured it would be more interesting than staying with Yukari when she’s like this.”
>> No. 5426
[x] “Oh, yes. Tons. There’s no way I’ll be able to carry it all.”

If only I had someone with super strength to help me~

Seconded.
>> No. 5428
[x] “Not really. I just figured it would be more interesting than staying with Yukari when she’s like this.”
>> No. 5431
[x] “Oh, yes. Tons. There’s no way I’ll be able to carry it all.”

Ufufufu--crap, I've been infected!
>> No. 5432
[x] “Not really. I just figured it would be more interesting than staying with Yukari when she’s like this.”
>> No. 5433
[x] “Oh, yes. Tons. There’s no way I’ll be able to carry it all.”
>> No. 5435
[X] “Oh, yes. Tons. There’s no way I’ll be able to carry it all.”
>> No. 5436
[X] “Oh, yes. Tons. There’s no way I’ll be able to carry it all.”
>> No. 5452
>[x] “Not really. I just figured it would be more interesting than staying with Yukari when she’s like this.”

Wins. Updates in new thread.