[Return]
Archived Thread

File 121646344090.jpg - (43.52KB , 490x460 , 05605e3546c752b5796be68c94593598.jpg ) [iqdb]
4261 No. 4261
Yeah, so, it's not Friday anymore. When have I ever posted on schedule?

Anyway, got frustrated trying to make this work as a narrative, so I just did this to touch on the highlights.

===

- Physical training with spear, focusing on figuring out what we already know how to do

This turns out to be the easiest part. That first session behind the shrine seems to have been a demonstration of the basics; everything you did then, you now have available on call. So instead, you work on developing them into more complex maneuvers. It's also good aerobic exercise, so you make this into a daily routine each morning before Sanae wakes up.

- Housework

Your previous experience in construction helps out a lot, since that's mostly what you end up doing. A couple of sheds first to clear out those spare rooms, erecting some pillars in and around the lake, extending what remains of the stairway on down the mountainside. Sanae works with you almost all the time, the only notable exception being the day after Kanako predicted some heavy showers in the near future. Sanae sent you out to carve the stairs on your own while she took care of something up top. She was asleep when you got back, and stayed that way most of the next couple of days while it rained. Next time you go outside, morning after the rains stop, the bare rock all around the shrine is now a carpet of grass. A definite improvement, even if you don't really get how it happened.

- Danmaku/flight grindan

Training your danmaku becomes something of an evening pastime for the whole family. You and one opponent, usually one of the Akis, with everyone else relaxing on the roof, shouting helpful suggestions or just generally cheering. Nitori shows up nightly for the first week or so, each time with a different idea on your hitbox problem, but pretty much vanishes after. Between those solutions, though, it does actually get a little better: your whole body can graze now, but that bunched-up feeling never goes away, so your flying's still pretty slow. You manage to work around this in battle, developing some foresight so you can move according to where the bullets WILL be, rather than where they ARE, and using those dashes when you can.

By the end of the month, you can confidently defeat either of the Akis, or Hina about 3/4 of the time. You have one duel against Momizi, which you lose after a not inconsiderable effort from both sides. You've made up two spell cards of your own, but can only count on being able to use one a battle. (Then there's the one you found in the back pocket of your jeans after helping Sanae with the dishes, never did get a chance to try that one out, or even find out where it came from. Wish you'd known it was there before.)

- Visit the Tengu and Kappa occasionally

No time, too busy. Only kappa who comes up is Nitori, as mentioned before. Aya visits exactly once, and acts rather coldly towards you. (Or, in her case, perhaps it would be more accurate to say "less warmly".) Momizi shows up that same night not long after Aya, with Sayo in tow behind her. They both show up like that for a couple nights after, Momizi dropping off first.

- Try to encounter more Suwako

The one time you manage to sneak out to that forbidden shrine in the back, Kanako appears out of nowhere and shoos you away with very pointed politeness. Which is odd, since you thought she was out working with the Akis like normal...

===

Meh, that'll do. Day starts proper in... not long.

>> No. 4265
"You have spent many days adventuring and gaining experience since your party last gathered."
"Okay, twenty five thousand experience for everybody, update your character sheets."
>> No. 4268
Red-tinted light shines through the slits in the shutters. Sun's already up. Slept a little later than usual. You push the blanket off of you with your legs and stretch your arms, yawning. Still unlikely to be anybody else awake, though. You stand up, scratching yourself.

[ ] Take your spear, go exercise.
[ ] Grab some breakfast.
[ ] You stink. Bathe.

===

Meh, that'll do. Tried to pad it out, didn't work. Only so many ways a guy can wake up, y'know?
>> No. 4269
[ ] Take your spear, go exercise.
>> No. 4271
[x] Take your spear, go exercise.
>> No. 4272
[x] You stink. Take your spear, go exercise.
>> No. 4274
[x] Take your spear, go exercise.
After we've worked up a sweat, then we bathe.
>> No. 4276
[X] Take your spear, go exercise.
>> No. 4278
[x] Take your spear, go exercise.

Aye. Exercise, then bathe, then food once we're clean and cooled off. Sounds like a plan.
>> No. 4280
[ ] Grab some breakfast.
[ ] Take your spear, go exercise.
[ ] You stink. Bathe.

In that order.






[X] Spear.

Seriously.
>> No. 4282
[ ] Take your spear, go exercise.
then
[ ] You stink. Bathe.
then
[ ] Grab some breakfast.

This is how morning training works. You don't eat beforehand, or since you become sluggish and maybe even nauseous if you work too hard.
>> No. 4283
[x] You stink. Take your spear, go exercise in the Bath.
>> No. 4284
>>4283
This will increase our efficiency! I approve. To maximize it, we should eat our spear as well.
>> No. 4285
[X] You stink. Grab Sanae, go exercise with her in the Bath with your spear while eating some food.
>> No. 4286
[x] Take your spear, go exercise.

Spear/Lance grindan' liek in FF2.
>> No. 4288
>>4268
>Red-tinted light shines through the slits in the shutters. Sun's already up.
Red at night, sailor's delight
Red in the morning, sailors take warning.

Oh fuck you, foreshadowing.
>> No. 4289
>>4286
Also, THAT FUCKING GAME ARGH
>> No. 4300
[x] Take your spear, go exercise under the waterfall.
[x] You stink. Bathe under the waterfall.
[x] Grab some breakfast.

36th Chamber of Shaolin up in this mother.
>> No. 4354
No reason to break your habit. Pulling on a relatively clean set of clothes (today's laundry day, thankfully), you grab your spear from up against the wall where you left it and head out of the room, towards the front door. The only sound is the floor creaking under the impact of your footsteps; once you reach the outside, there isn't even that. You stop beside the donation box, at first straining your ears to try and hear something, anything, but then just marveling at the silence. For a second, you think you hear the lake lapping at its shore behind you, or was that just your heartbeat?

You shake your head. Enough of that. You're out here to exercise, so get to it.

...

Upward slash. Parry. Feint back. Advance. Thrust. Return.

Several minutes later, you pause for breath. Sweat dries on your skin as soon as it hits the crisp autumn air, creating a satisfyingly grimy layer. Maybe soon, it'll be too cold to do this at all. Winter in the mountains... you let your mind wander along these lines as you continue running through forms.

Wait. Is there someone else here? You keep your body moving, senses trying to pinpoint the source of this feeling. There it is! A rustle of dried-out grass, behind you, someone approaching from the rear of the shrine.

[ ] Stop what you're doing and turn to see who it is.
[ ] Keep going, swing at them once they're close enough.
[ ] Shout out a challenge.
>> No. 4355
[x] Stop what you're doing and turn to see who it is.
[x] "STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM!"
>> No. 4356
[ x ] Stop what you're doing and turn to see who it is.
>> No. 4357
[x] Shout out a challenge.

Cu Chulainn option.
>> No. 4359
[x] Shout out a challenge.
>> No. 4361
[x] Shout out a challenge.
>> No. 4363
[X] Stop what you're doing and turn to see who it is.
[X] "STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM!"

It's obviously Aya. Our challenge won't be met.
>> No. 4364
[ ] Shout out a challenge.
>> No. 4368
[x] Stop what you're doing and turn to see who it is.
[x] "STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM!"
>> No. 4369
[x] Stop what you're doing and turn to see who it is.
[x] "STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM!"
Amusing enough.
>> No. 4377
[x] Shout out a challenge.
[x] "Mornin'! Can I help ya?"
>> No. 4382
[x] Stop what you're doing and turn to see who it is.
[x] "STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM!"

Let's get on with it already.
>> No. 4383
[x] Stop what you're doing and turn to see who it is.
Don't want you running away now.
>> No. 4385
[X] Stop what you're doing and turn to see who it is.
[X] "STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM!"
>> No. 4388
[*] Stop what you're doing and turn to see who it is.
[*] "STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM!"
This bandwagon, I'll be jumping on it.
>> No. 4389
Writing.
>> No. 4394
>>4389
Oh my god, is this possible?
>> No. 4395
>>4394
Habeeb it.

===

Sneaking around, eh? You'll fix 'em. Spinning around, you brandish your spear threateningly. "STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMIN--"

Huh? You don't see anybody. Slightly embarrassed, you scratch your head in puzzlement as you look over the area (and the air above it) for any sign of life, coming up empty. Odd, you could've *sworn*... turning back, you prepare to resume your exercises when you hear it again: dry grass crackling under two footsteps. You spin around again, quickly, but there's still nothing there. Squinting your eyes, you scan every inch of ground, finally spotting two small indentations in the grass several feet away. And now that you know where to look, you can even see the outline of a small humanoid figure above them, blurred strangely. "I see you now," you say, pointing your spear right at them so there's no mistake. "Surrender yourself peacefully."

"Dang it," the expected voice curses lightly. "I knew I should've flown over." You hear a click, and the blurred outline resolves itself into a familiar shape. "Heya, Ku-chan."

"Hello, Nitori." You put the butt of the spear on the ground and lean your weight on it, giving your legs a rest. "Neat trick."

"Thanks." Her light frame puffs up pridefully. "Prototype optical camoflauge suit. Just got it working earlier this week."

"Cool," you say, trying to move on before she really gets started on it. "So, what brings you here today?"

Nitori blinks at you. "We're here to hook you up, of course."

You blink back. "Hook us up? And who's 'we'?"

"You mean nobody told you?" You can only shake your head. "Oh. Well, yeah, part of the deal Kanako cut with Tenma was that the shrine'd get hooked into the kappa power grid, and so that's what we're here to do."

"Uh... huh."

"It's really no big deal. It'll be just like having electricity, work from all the outlets and everything. But, you all are going to have to leave the shrine for a while."

"How long of a while?"

"Well, no real way of telling how long the job's gonna take. Most of the day, probably."

You pick your spear back up and lean it over your shoulder. "Don't I even have time to grab a bite to eat, or something?"

"Oh, yeah, yeah," Nitori nods casually, "the rest of the team won't be here for a little while, yet. I just came ahead to let you know, 'today's the day'. Already met Sanae out back and told her, probably she'll let the goddesses know."

"Wait, Sanae's up?"

"I guess so," the kappa shrugs. "In any case, anything you want to get done inside, better do it now."

[ ] Go grab that bite you mentioned
[ ] Go take that bath you were thinking about
[ ] Go find somebody and ask them when this was decided
[ ] Stay here and talk to Nitori
>> No. 4396
[ ] Go take that bath you were thinking about
>> No. 4397
{X} Go grab that bite you mentioned
{X} Go take that bath you were thinking about

In order of priority~
If there's no time for bathing now we can just jump into a river somewhere
>> No. 4398
[X] Go take that bath you were thinking about
>> No. 4399
[X] Go take that bath you were thinking about
[X] Go grab that bite you mentioned.

In this order. If you are in a rush, you could just grab a piece of bread before dashing out of the house. A quick rinse without soap is useless, so a real bath is in order. Big money that someone is already using it (hilarity ensues.)

If you are in REAL rush, you could
{ } Eat the kappa
{ } Jump into the lake
>> No. 4400
[x] Go take that bath you were thinking about
And if we have time:
[ ] Go grab that bite you mentioned
Being clean's important if we want to get anywhere with tsun-miko. We can eat on the move if we have to.
>> No. 4401
[ ] Go take that bath you were thinking about
>> No. 4402
>>4395
>"Oh, yeah, yeah," Nitori nods casually, "the rest of the team won't be here for a little while, yet.
So she's sticking around until then?

[x] Invite her in for breakfast, or at least tea
[x] Excuse yourself for a few minutes to take a quick shower (after getting the tea?)
>> No. 4405
[X] Go take that bath you were thinking about
[X] Go grab that bite you mentioned.
>> No. 4408
[X] Go take that bath you were thinking about.
[X] Invite her to join you.
>> No. 4416
[+] Go take that bath you were thinking about
[+] Go grab that bite you mentioned
[+] Invite Nitori to eat with you
>> No. 4441
[x] "Do you mind if I watch your team while you work? Will you be using magic or technology?"
[x] Go take that bath you were thinking about.
>> No. 4453
Writing.
>> No. 4456
No idea how long "a little while"'s going to turn out to be, so better make the most of this time. Priority one: you're filthy. Excusing yourself to Nitori, you hurry back inside. Passing by, you catch a stomach-rumbling whiff coming from the kitchen, but pass on by for now to your target down the hall, pushing open the bathroom door.

"HEY!!"

Reflexively, you slam it back shut. Yeah, Sanae's definitely awake. If only you'd been paying a bit more attention, you might have seen something. Oh, well. "Sorry!"

"Knock first, damn it!"

"I said I was sorry. Um, I don't suppose you're almost done?"

"No. And I'm going to be a while." Her tone is unmistakably end-of-conversation. Well, this is just great.

[ ] Go eat.
[ ] Go talk to someone.
[ ] Wait right here.
>> No. 4457
[ ] Wait right here.
>> No. 4458
[ ] Go eat.

CUCHULAINN HUNGRY!
>> No. 4460
[x] "Well could you hurry up? The Kappa are almost here and I need to bathe. Badly."
[x] Wait a few minutes then bang on the door. "Come on Sanae!"
>> No. 4462
[X] Talk to her through the door.
[X] "Look, the kappa are going to kick us out to hook up the power grid. Unless you want me to spend the whole day with you while I'm sweaty and filthy, you'd best just let me in."
[X] "Of course, if you want me sweaty and filthy that badly, then we've got a whole day to fool around."
>> No. 4464
[ ] Go eat.
>> No. 4468
[X] Talk to her through the door.
[X] "Look, the kappa are going to kick us out to hook up the power grid. Unless you want me to spend the whole day with you while I'm sweaty and filthy, you'd best just let me in."
[X] "Of course, if you want me sweaty and filthy that badly, then we've got a whole day to fool around."

Sounds good.
>> No. 4470
[+] "Alright, but hurry up. I'm sweaty and filthy. And leave some hot water, would ya?"
[+] Go eat.
>> No. 4477
[X] Talk to her through the door.
[X] "Look, the kappa are going to kick us out to hook up the power grid. Unless you want me to spend the whole day with you while I'm sweaty and filthy, you'd best just let me in."
[X] "Of course, if you want me sweaty and filthy that badly, then we've got a whole day to fool around."

That ought to galvanize her.
>> No. 4479
[x] Go eat.

Maybe she is trying to pretty herself up for Ku-chan. Sure its highly doubtful, but whatever.
>> No. 4483
[X] Talk to her through the door.
[X] "Look, the kappa are going to kick us out to hook up the power grid. Unless you want me to spend the whole day with you while I'm sweaty and filthy, you'd best just let me in."
[X] "Of course, if you want me sweaty and filthy that badly, then we've got a whole day to fool around."

Do this
>> No. 4484
[X] Talk to her through the door.
[X] "Look, the kappa are going to kick us out to hook up the power grid. Unless you want me to spend the whole day with you while I'm sweaty and filthy, you'd best just let me in."
[X] "Of course, if you want me sweaty and filthy that badly, then we've got a whole day to fool around."

Awesome.
>> No. 4485
"Look," you sigh, trying to reason with her, "the kappa are going to kick us out to hook up the power grid. Unless you want me to spend the whole day with you while I'm sweaty and filthy, you'd best just let me in." Let you in? There, with her naked and wet? That sounded more reasonable in your head, somehow, but the line of thought that image sparks does inspire a slightly devious follow-up. "Of course," you continue, adding a suggestive sing-song lilt to your voice, "if you WANT me filthy and sweaty that badly, we've got the whole day to fool around."

There's a long pause before she replies, her voice coming from directly behind the door now. "I don't know where you get off assuming that I'd spend my day out with you, but I'll admit it was a lucky guess. I did actually have a couple things planned for us today, although nothing like what you seem to have in mind. If you're that concerned about hygiene..." The door swings open suddenly, and you catch a split-second glimpse of Sanae with a towel very loosely wrapped around herself before your hands reach up instinctively to grab the small object that hits you square in the chest and the door slams shut again. You glance down at the object: a small, plain bar of soap.

"...then go jump in the lake," she finishes.

[ ] Okay, maybe I will!
[ ] Touchy, touchy. Have breakfast while you wait.
[ ] Go talk to Nitori. Nitori doesn't yell at you.
>> No. 4486
[x] "HMPH! MAYBE I WILL! And after I'm done, maybe I'll talk with Nitori. At least she's cute."
[x] LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE
[x] Go talk to Nitori. Nitori doesn't yell at you.
>> No. 4487
[x] Okay, maybe I will!

Hahaha, the lake is sacred right? Let's blame Sanae if anyone complains. And if the kappa see us, say it's a ritual cleansing of the body and soul.
>> No. 4488
[X] Go clean yourself under the waterfall
[X] LOTS OF BUBBLES
>> No. 4489
[ ] Okay, maybe I will!
>> No. 4490
{X} "HMPH! MAYBE I WILL! And after I'm done, maybe I'll talk with Nitori. At least she's cute."
{X} LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE
{X} Go talk to Nitori. Nitori doesn't yell at you.

haha
>> No. 4491
{X} "HMPH! MAYBE I WILL! And after I'm done, maybe I'll talk with Nitori. At least she's cute."
{X} LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE
{X} Go talk to Nitori. Nitori doesn't yell at you.
>> No. 4492
{X} "HMPH! MAYBE I WILL! And after I'm done, maybe I'll talk with Nitori. At least she's cute."
{X} LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE
{X} Go talk to Nitori. Nitori doesn't yell at you.
>> No. 4493
[x] Touchy, touchy. Have breakfast while you wait.
Voting with my head over my heart. What I REALLY want to do right now is get Nitori to deliver an electric surge to the bathroom while Sanae's still in there.
>> No. 4496
{X} "HMPH! MAYBE I WILL! And after I'm done, maybe I'll talk with Nitori. At least she's cute."
{X} LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE
{X} Go talk to Nitori. Nitori doesn't yell at you.

Hell why not.
>> No. 4497
{X} LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE
>> No. 4498
[x] Flush all the toilets and run all the sinks in the house.
If anyone's ever been in the shower while someone pulled this shit, you know what happens.
>> No. 4501
>>4498
Except this is a bath. Doesn't quite work the same.

Writing?
>> No. 4504
[X] "HMPH! MAYBE I WILL!"
[X] LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE
>> No. 4507
[x] "HMPH! MAYBE I WILL! And after I'm done, maybe I'll talk with Nitori. At least she's cute."
[x] LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE
[x] Go talk to Nitori. Nitori doesn't yell at you.

so lulzy
>> No. 4508
[x] "HMPH! MAYBE I WILL! And after I'm done, maybe I'll talk with Nitori. At least she's cute."
[x] LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE
[x] Go talk to Nitori. Nitori doesn't yell at you.

Oh hell, why not. Bandwagoning.
Seems like Chulainn's gained a silly streak during the time lapse.
>> No. 4510
>>4508

More of a making-fun-of-Sanae streak.
>> No. 4511
>>4501
>Writing?
Nope, false alarm~
>> No. 4513
[x] "HMPH! MAYBE I WILL! And after I'm done, maybe I'll talk with Nitori. At least she's cute."
[x] LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE
[x] Go talk to Nitori. Nitori doesn't yell at you.
>> No. 4536
File 12167943663.jpg - (94.34KB , 1022x761 , BRILLIANT.jpg ) [iqdb]
4536
[x] "HMPH! MAYBE I WILL! And after I'm done, maybe I'll talk with Nitori. At least she's cute."
[x] LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE
[x] Go talk to Nitori. Nitori doesn't yell at you. ;_;
>> No. 4540
[x] "HMPH! MAYBE I WILL! And after I'm done, maybe I'll talk with Nitori. At least she's cute."
[x] LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE
[x] Go talk to Nitori. Nitori doesn't yell at you.

Tsun Tsunlain.
>> No. 4613
>>4540
Tsun Tsunlainn indeed!

[x] "HMPH! MAYBE I WILL! And after I'm done, maybe I'll talk with Nitori. At least she's cute."
[x] LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE
[x] Go talk to Nitori. Nitori doesn't yell at you.
>> No. 4619
[x] "HMPH! MAYBE I WILL! And after I'm done, maybe I'll talk with Nitori. At least she's cute."
[x] LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE
[x] Go talk to Nitori. Nitori doesn't yell at you.

Now THIS is how you tsundere.
>> No. 4671
TETROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>> No. 4673
>>4671
We now hate the one character we're supposed to be interested in, so he's probably given up, taken his ball and gone home.
>> No. 4675
Fine. If she can't take a joke, then neither can you! "HMPH!", you shout as best you can, puffing out your cheeks indignantly. "MAYBE I WILL!" Soap in hand, you stomp loudly down the hall, calling back to be sure she can hear you, "And after I'm done, maybe I'll talk with Nitori. At least she's cute." The bathroom door rattles behind you as her retort bounces off of it. Sounded bigger than a bar of soap, wonder what it was. Shampoo bottle?

Hina looks up as you pass through the kitchen. On the counter space directly in front of her, her hands finish wrapping an inarizushi, a few already completed ones are lined up to the side. "Is everything all right?"

"Feh," you answer sourly, grabbing one of the rolls on your way through to the back door. You don't slow down to listen to any more protests or questions, which is fine, since she doesn't offer up any of either.

Outside, you swallow the last bite, feeling a little better now that your stomach isn't quite so empty. You waste little time stripping out of your clothes; the rest of that kappa team are going to be here soon, so better get this over with before they show up. Speaking of kappa, once you're clean, maybe you'll go back and catch up with Nitori. Might be nice to have a conversation with some who doesn't FUCK THIS WATER'S COLD FUCK FUCK well, all the more reason to hurry. You wade out until the water's about three-quarters of the way up your legs before working a lather out of the soap and getting to work. You only spend a couple of minutes scrubbing the grime and stink from yourself before running back out, your whole body burning red from its efforts to fight the lake's frigidity. A towel would have been nice, but you get dry enough just shivering to throw your clothes back on.

Your teeth are still chattering a little when you come around to the front of the shrine. There's Nitori, back towards you, talking to Hina. As they both start laughing at some joke between them, you notice some movement in your peripheral vision: Kanako, sitting on the edge of the roof with the Aki sisters on either side of her, waving to get your attention.

[ ] Go chat with Nitori and Hina.
[ ] See what Kanako wants.
[ ] Where's Sanae? Still in the bath?
>> No. 4676
[x] See what Kanako wants.
No brainer. She wants our attention, we're hardly going to ignore her.
>> No. 4677
>>4673

We don't hate her; we're just busting her chops.
>> No. 4678
[x] See what Kanako wants.

She's a wind goddess, right? Let's ask if she can blow dry our hair.
>> No. 4680
[x] See what Kanako wants.

She's a wind goddess, right? Let's ask if she can blow us.
>> No. 4682
[x] See what Kanako wants.
>> No. 4684
>>She's a wind goddess, right? Let's ask if she can blow us.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

[x] See what Kanako wants.
>> No. 4685
[x] See what Kanako wants.
>> No. 4686
[ ] See what Kanako wants.
>> No. 4688
[ ] Where's Sanae? Still in the bath?
Voting this to avoid it Being Taken Into Consideration.
>> No. 4693
[x] See what Kanako wants.

A SLAVE OBEYS.
>> No. 4694
[ ] See what Kanako wants.
>> No. 4695
[x] See what Kanako wants.

I have Spice Girls stuck in my head now. Make it stop.
>> No. 4696
[+] See what Kanako wants.

>>4680
...note to self: never ask a wind deity for a blowjob. It might be 'creatively misinterpreted'.
>> No. 4699
[+] See what Kanako wants.
>> No. 4700
File 12172797005.jpg - (118.55KB , 700x704 , 1205922.jpg ) [iqdb]
4700
Wall tomorrow.
>> No. 4701
File 121728752290.png - (293.62KB , 1075x1515 , 1217285382489.png ) [iqdb]
4701
>>4700

Hooray!
>> No. 4702
>>4701
Sauce?
>> No. 4712
>>4702
Somewhere on the Magic Archive Voile
>> No. 4716
The way things are shaping up... probably LATE tomorrow. In the meantime, go read QWL's story in /eientei/.
>> No. 4717
>>4716
>In the meantime, go read QWL's story in /eientei/.

Listen to this man.
>> No. 4720
Pushing off the ground with your next step, you launch yourself into the air... well, "launch" is a rather grandiose word for it. Not sure what other words you'd use to describe it, though. Suffice to say, you go from walking to flying, moving up to meet with the gesturing goddess. "Hey, you," she says by way of greeting, looking you over. "You're all wet. What've you been doing, skinny-dipping in the lake?"

"Close. Taking a bath."

Three pairs of eyes go wide at this casual revelation; Minoriko covers her mouth with both hands, while Kanako and Shizuha just gape slack-jawed, the former's mouth bending upward into a smile as she laughs out a question, "Are you serious?"

Roughly the reaction you expected, but something about the way they're acting is making you just a wee bit nervous for a reason you can't quite but your finger on. "Well, yeah," you hesitate, holding up the bar of soap as evidence. "See?" As if that were the cue, all three of them collapse in laughter, leaning on each other for support. They laugh and laugh, but rather than joining in, you just float in place, confused. It's not THAT funny, is it?

Kanako is still laughing as she blinks away the tears in her eyes to look at you, dialing it down a bit when she notices the look on your face. "Hey, hey, don't worry about it," she says as she tries to wave your concerns away. "Private joke. Don't worry about it." The hand she's been waving works a quick figure in the air, and you suddenly find yourself squeezing your eyes shut against the wind. Not strong gusts, like before, but warm and slow-moving, wrapping around your body like a cocoon, so closely you can actually feel the currents against your skin. It is certainly a new sensation, one you're somewhat disappointed has to end so quickly. But hey, you're dry now! You open your eyes just in time to catch Minoriko and Shizuha moving off to the left somewhere, off the mountain by the looks of it. Kanako lounges in front of you, sipping sake from a large red cup she's procured somehow. "So, you all prepped for your big mission?"

"Mission?" Oh, what the hell, now.

"Sanae didn't tell you? It was her idea, having you two go out to some of those human settlements Hina spotted for a little reconnaissance, see what there is to see aside from this mountain, maybe make a few contacts, you get the idea. She really didn't tell you?"

"Sanae mentioned something about plans, but no details. Hell, I didn't even know about the kappa deal until Nitori told me about it, what, 20 minutes ago when she showed up."

"Oh," Kanako mutters apologetically, "wow. I mentioned it at the big party, except you were passed out. Guess I figured someone would've filled you in by now." She sighs, takes another sip. "Probably that's what they all thought, too. Old, old story."

"They're here!" Both of you turn at Nitori's shout, and see her, and Hina, greeting a group of just over a half-dozen kappa landing on the lawn. A sudden noise startles you: Kanako, banging on the roof with one fist and raising a hell of a noise doing so. Having just fixed most of those shingles last week, you can't help but wince.

"I'm coming, I'm coming! Just... hold on!" Sanae's voice calls out anxiously from inside the shrine. Ah, her room is just under where Kanako is sitting, no wonder you can hear her so clearly. Still, what's there to get anxious about over a sightseeing trip? You glance at Kanako, but she just shrugs and takes another pull from her cup. Shrugging back, you turn around and take a seat along the roof edge a little ways from her, watching the kappa chatting with Hina while you wait. You knew that's where she did most of her work for the mountain, but you didn't know she'd made herself quite so popular down there.

After another minute or so, Nitori rises above the group and calls it to order, herding them all towards the shrine. Once the team is bunched up in front of you, and Hina is floating above the roof on the other side of Kanako, Nitori moves to the head of the team and looks the three of you over. "Where are the others?"

"Minoriko and Shizuha already left, probably playing in the trees by now," Kanako replies calmly, her next shouted word catching just about everyone by surprise: "SANAE!!"

"I'm here! Sorry!"
>> No. 4721
File 121735023934.jpg - (96.41KB , 512x1490 , b23c0b624196d879d60c0ae55fbbb046.jpg ) [iqdb]
4721
The tardy member comes running out of the front door, dressed in a... school uniform? Navy blouse, long skirt, red kerchief. Yeah, that's what it is, all right. Standard issue, winter/fall season, seen a million of 'em. So why can't you seem to take your eyes away from this one? She turns and mouths an apology at everyone in turn, capping yours off with a beaming smile as she flies up to sit on the roof next to you. Quite close. She smells nice. You, on the other hand, are starting to sweat again.

Oh! Nitori's saying something. "...all the outlets and everything. But, all of you are going to have to leave the shrine for a while. Probably most of the day, I'm afraid, no real way of telling how long the job's going to take. Everybody clear? Ah, just one more thing," she interrupts without even taking a new breath. "We kappa are very naturally curious, so while I can't promise that a few things might not get, um, moved, I CAN promise that nothing will go missing. Everybody clear?" The subtle increase in volume this time includes the group behind her in the question; everybody reports affirmative. "Great! Then we'll get started now."

As the kappa start to file through the door, Sanae stands up and smiles down at you. "So, probably wondering about those plans I mentioned..."

You stand up and smile back, cutting her off. "Not anymore, no, Kanako filled me in. Just like Nitori did about this whole 'leave the house' deal. Twenty minutes ago." Dawning spreads across Sanae's face as you turn to frown meaningfully at the other two secrecy buffs. "So great to be kept informed."

"I, I assumed that Lady Kochiya would have... ah." Hina stops short and lowers her gaze, embarrassed. Kanako just raises her cup to you and shrugs in a told-you-so gesture.

Turning back, Sanae has also turned her eyes downward, staring at her hands as they fidget with the front of her skirt. "You can probably guess what I thought," she murmurs apologetically.

You sigh, unable to find any good reason to stay angry about it. "Well, whatever. We going?"

She looks back up and stares critically at your shoulder. "You've probably still got enough time to leave that in your room, you know. I doubt you'll need it."

"What?" Oh, it's your spear. Carrying it around's just become kind of second nature to you, unless you need the hand for something else, hadn't even thought about it. But, she does have a point. Hm.

[ ] Take it
[ ] Leave it
>> No. 4723
File 121735156619.jpg - (59.24KB , 468x336 , sdlfksdkl.jpg ) [iqdb]
4723
[x] Take it
Anyone asks, we use it to catch fish. Besides, I'm sure some Gensokyo humans carry around weapons in case of youkai attacks.
>> No. 4724
[x] Leave it
We'll get attacked, and then we can blame Sanae for making us disarm.
>> No. 4725
[X] Take it
If MoF is about to happen, we'd be better off as a Stage 1 mid-boss than a Nameless Fairy.
>> No. 4726
[ ] Take it

What kind of Heroic Spirit would leave his Noble Phantasm at home?
>> No. 4727
[X] Take it
>> No. 4728
[x] Take it.
[x] "Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it."

I hate to quote the faggotacious NRA, but there's a realistic justification for this attitude in a place like Gensokyo, as opposed to a random suburb in America.
>>4720
Hey, awesome. Kanako DID blow us, after all.
>> No. 4729
{X} Take it
>> No. 4730
[ ] Take it
>> No. 4731
>>4723
I didn't know orangutans did this, I'm impressed
>> No. 4732
[X] Take it

>>4724

S-stupid Sanae! etc etc
>> No. 4734
>>4731

They are some of the smartest animals.
They utilize sticks for digging and craft crude bowls on occasion too.
>> No. 4735
[x] Take it like a man.

conflict is more fun anyways.
>> No. 4740
[x] Take it

A MAN CHOOSES; A SLAVE REBELS.
>> No. 4741
>>4740

Unless you're black. Then you have to wait for a few hundred years.
>> No. 4747
[+] Take it
>> No. 4749
>The way things are shaping up... probably LATE tomorrow. In the meantime, go read QWL's story in /eientei/.

Shit sucks.
>> No. 4779
[x] "Maybe. Are you planning on bringing that twirling baton with you?"


>>4749

Nice try faggot.
>> No. 4780
>>4725
Not until tomorrow.

>>4749
NAY THOU

>>4779
Heh. Too bad I'm so tired, or I might go back and write that line in. Ah well.

===

You look at the spear leaning over your shoulder. It really does feel like an extension of your arm now, kind of hate to leave it behind. "Can't hurt, can it?"

"Well... the thing is..." Sanae hesitates before continuing, blushing a little. "Actually, I... made up a cover story, in case anyone asked where we came from, why we were traveling together, y'know? And..."

"...so, somewhere along the way, he found this old spear lying on the ground," Kanako states plainly, coming up behind you and leaning on your unoccupied shoulder. "And, being the chivalrous young man that he is, picked it up to use in the defense of his lady friend's well-being, if it should come under attack." She turns her head to look you in the eye and nod. "Right?"

You nod back, straight-faced. "Right."

Then, as one, you both turn your gazes on Sanae, who just stares back for a moment before catching the atmosphere, rolling her eyes and burying her face in the palm of her hand. "Fine, whatever, have it your way," she sighs theatrically. "Big babies."

After a brief celebration, Kanako drops the jocularity and addresses her shrine maiden. "Seriously, though. I'm glad you've thought this through, but if you're going to stick with this story you've come up with, then don't get stuck too tightly on it. You can't possibly think of every question you might be asked, so leave yourself a little room for improvisation." Sanae smiles and nods once, her head almost dipping low enough for it to qualify as a half bow. "Good girl," the goddess says warmly, moving away from you towards the rear of the shrine. "Well, I'll go take a nap, keep the home fires burning and all that. You kids have fun. Don't do anything I wouldn't do."

"And what would that be?", Sanae fires off just before Kanako's form vanishes into the air.

"Good one," you compliment her, moving from her grinning face to Hina's softly smiling one. "How about you?"

Her smile slips for just a second, coming back with a look of understanding. "Ah, of course, you have not yet been briefed on the full details of this operation. As I am the only one who knows its location, my role is to guide you both to a safe distance from the main human settlement. From there, you will continue on foot, while I intend to spend the day gathering misfortune from the area."

"Working on a holiday?" Out of the corner of your eye, you notice Sanae drifting past, and take the cue to take off from the roof yourself.

"Such a thing is not so onerous," she replies pleasantly, floating up and away from you, "when one enjoys their work as much as I." Moving out ahead of Sanae, she turns her back towards you, speaking over her shoulder. "Then, if you are both prepared...?"

"Ready!" "Let's go!" Having received confirmation from both parties, Hina leans forward and sets out at a moderate speed, leading the two of you over the foothills and forests, away from the mountain.

[ ] Pass the time somehow. (write-in only)

===

Trip's gonna take a while, but I'm putting a three-vote limit on multis to start, with a fair chance of one or two more after, depending on what you end up doing.

Now, with any luck, I'll spend the rest of today and most of tomorrow catching up on sleep, so don't expect anything until Friday, at least. See you then~
>> No. 4781
[ ] Pass the time somehow. (Annoy Sanae)
>> No. 4782
[ ] Pass the time somehow. (Annoy Sanae)
>> No. 4783
[x] "So Sanae, what is the cover story exactly?"

sanae embarrassan gaems
>> No. 4784
[x] "So Sanae, what is the cover story exactly?"
>> No. 4785
{X} "So Sanae, what is the cover story exactly?"
>> No. 4787
Oh god yes, more Hina dialogue!
Tetro, you've still got the touch.
brb fapping

>"Good girl," the goddess says warmly
I see what you did there, and I d'awwww'd.

[x] Start taking note of the geography below; knowing where you are and where to go can't hurt.
[x] "So Sanae, what is the cover story exactly?"
[x] "Will it still hold water if they see us flying?"
>> No. 4788
[x] Pass the time somehow. (Annoy Sanae)
>> No. 4789
[x] Collect [P] icons to power up.
Or:
[x] "So Sanae, what is the cover story exactly?"
>> No. 4790
[x] "So Sanae, what is the cover story exactly?"

Hummmmm.
>> No. 4791
[x] "So Sanae, what is the cover story exactly?"
[x] Information about the human settlement
>> No. 4795
[x] "So Sanae, what is the cover story exactly?"
>> No. 4801
[+] Start taking note of the geography below; knowing where you are and where to go can't hurt.
[+] "So Sanae, what is the cover story exactly?"
[+] "Will it still hold water if they see us flying?"
Looks like a good three. Useful stuff, and talking to Sanae.
>> No. 4832
[z] Start taking note of the geography below; knowing where you are and where to go can't hurt.
[e] "So Sanae, what is the cover story exactly?"
[~] "Will it still hold water if they see us flying?"
>> No. 4840
[x] Start taking note of the geography below; knowing where you are and where to go can't hurt.
[x] "So Sanae, what is the cover story exactly?"
[x] "Will it still hold water if they see us flying?"

A fine three.
>> No. 4855
Writing.

In the meantime, a clarification: the limitation wasn't meant to be on the *votes*, but on the *actions* you took with them. (I know that isn't what I said, but I was rushing that out so I could get to sleep, so I wasn't thinking too clearly at the time. Mea culpa.) The "cover story" and "hold water" votes count as one action, since they're just two parts to the same conversation; scoping out the geography, I'm including as one of those extras, since that seems like a relatively minor thing Ku-chan could just do continually as he goes along.

tl;dr - more doing things.
>> No. 4873
Waiting patiently.
>> No. 4874
>>4873
Same..
...
;_;
>> No. 4875
Hello! Bro& here, I find this LA to be in my interests for I am Irish myself! Here's some Irish words.

Slàn=Goodbye
Slàn go foil=Goodbye in a more fancy way.
Dia duit=Hello
Tà me go maith=I'm good
Go raibh màth agat=Thank you
Tà me cead agam do go dtì an leitris=Can I got to the bathroom?
Is brea liom=I hate it.
Is maith liom=I like it
Is gra liom=I love it
Tà an gra tù= I love you.
Cù cuilàinn is anim dom, Suil a thògàil an geìm=
Cù cuilàinn is my name, speeds my game.

Thats all for now.
>> No. 4877
>>Cù cuilàinn is anim dom, Suil a thògàil an geìm = Cù cuilàinn is my name, speed's my game.
We are saying this to the next NPC we meet.
>> No. 4906
Writefaggotry and Elona do not mix. Take my word for it.

>>4875
Bitchin'. This, consideration, etc.

===

The scenery rolls on beneath you: rocky hills, with streams running between them and patches of disconnected trees dotting their sides, eventually flattening into a short but wide plain demarcating the line between them and the vast, red-and-orange carpet of forest that now fills your vision in all directions. It is, all of it, untouched, purely natural, and boring as hell to look at after a while. This isn't like a car trip, either, where you can just go to sleep or turn on the radio or something. But you CAN talk to the other passengers. Looking around, you spot Sanae drifing along a short way behind you. Still keeping one eye on the landscape, you dampen your speed and drop back into place beside her.

"Hey," she greets you with a raised hand, "something on your mind?"

"Yeah, actually, that cover story you came up with. What is it, exactly?"

"Mm." She looks away for a second before replying fully. "I've been thinking about that, too. After what Kanako said about improvisation, maybe we shouldn't go into too much detail, after all. I mean, it's not like we're going to be interrogated, right?"

"Well, maybe not, but then again, the tengu were pretty uptight at first. And don't forget about that war..."

"That was hundreds of years ago. I asked about it, and that general is the only surviving tengu veteran. I honestly doubt there are too many humans alive who even know it happened, let alone hold a grudge. I know, I know," she sighs, already waving off your counter-argument, "all I'm saying is, best we keep it simple: just two new faces, fallen through the border, trying to get our bearings."

"Regular folk, huh? So, no flying, or anything like that."

"Naturally. And if we get the third degree after all, we'll just tell them who we really are and why we're really there." She smiles brightly. "That policy's turned out well in the past, wouldn't you agree?"

Your face turns a little red as you share a laugh. Can't fault logic like that.

[ ] Ask her what the cover story *was*, for curiosity's sake.
[ ] Ask how/when/why she came up with this plan.
[ ] Something else. (write-in)
>> No. 4907
[X] Ask her what the cover story *was*, for curiosity's sake.

Lovers~
>> No. 4910
[+] Ask her what the cover story *was*, for curiosity's sake.
>> No. 4911
[X] Ask her what the cover story *was*, for curiosity's sake. Not that I really care or anything.
>> No. 4916
[X] Ask her what the cover story *was*, for curiosity's sake. N-not that I really care or anything.
>> No. 4918
[X] Ask her what the cover story *was*, for curiosity's sake. N-not that I really care or anything.

Tsun Tsunlain~
>> No. 4919
[X] Ask her what the cover story *was*, for curiosity's sake. N-not that I really care or anything.
>> No. 4923
[ ] Ask her what the cover story *was*, for curiosity's sake.

Oh come on, Cu ain't Sousha.
>> No. 4925
[x] Ask her what the cover story *was*, for curiosity's sake.

I thought Sanae was the tsundere. This isn't even the kind of thing to get tsundere over. What the fuck, people.
>> No. 4926
>>4925
See >>4486, &c
>> No. 4927
[x] Ask her what the cover story *was*, for curiosity's sake.

Stop polluting my Legendary Celtic Hero with this tsundere bullshit.
>> No. 4932
>>4926
That's called joking around. Sanae was going "I don't know where you get off assuming that I'd spend my day out with you" and throwing soap at us. We responded by teasing her about it, which is the best defense AGAINST tsundere.

I think you're missing something here.
>> No. 4933
>>4932
Nay, thou.
>> No. 4934
[x] Ask her what the cover story *was*, for curiosity's sake.

Hummmmmmm.
>> No. 4935
>>4933
I don't think teasing Sanae about being tsundere, and being tsundere-awkward out of nowhere are really the same joke, if that's what you're getting at. It would just be...well, awkward.
>> No. 4936
[x] Ask her what the cover story *was*, for curiosity's sake.
>> No. 4949
>>4935
I agree. A time and a place, people, but not here and not now.

Tsun-less won, anyway. Writing. AND I MEAN IT THIS TIME.
>> No. 4954
>>4949
>AND I MEAN IT THIS TIME.

Lightning.
Thunder.
>> No. 4956
"So, what was the cover story?"

Sanae looks at you strangely. "What does it matter? We're not going to use it, now."

"Yeah, I know, but I'm curious."

"If you knew what it was, you'd know it's not worth bothering about," she mutters, her eyes avoiding yours. "Just a stupid little thing..."

"Hey, don't be so hard on yourself," you encourage her, moving in just a little closer. "So what if it wouldn't win any awards? You came up with it, so I'm interested."

"But I didn't come up with it at all!", she bursts out, turning back to you so suddenly you recoil back a little, a touch of blush in her cheeks. "I just took it from Book Four, when Midori and her tutor snuck out to the..." She cuts off and falters, her blush deepening and spreading all over her face as her mouth works soundlessly. "Oohhh, go bother Hina for a while!" With that, she speeds up and away from you before you can mount any sort of reply or defense.

[ ] Follow her, apologize.
[ ] Go bother Hina for a while.
[ ] Something else (write-in option)

===

Not 100% happy with this, but got sick of trying to rewrite it, so here. In before Tsun Tsunlain.
>> No. 4959
[x] Follow her, apologize.
>> No. 4960
[ ] Follow her, but hang back for a while
[ ] Approach her and don't apologize, but instead try to cheer her up and lighten the mood

You read Tetro's previous statements, this is our one shot, turn up the charm anon!
>> No. 4961
>>4958 >>4960
No, it's still to come. You've taken her as far as you can with the smaller gestures, all you need now is one big push to send her over the edge. However, her reactions here are definitely related...
>> No. 4962
[x] Follow her, but hang back for a while
[x] Approach her and don't apologize, but instead try to cheer her up and lighten the mood

Even so, I still like this write-in. Changing vote.
>> No. 4963
[x] Go bother Hina for a while.

Tsunderes are impossible to deal with while they are emotional. Just let her cool off. She likes you, so its not like you need to constantly prove your dedication to her (in fact its often detrimental.)
>> No. 4972
[x] Follow her, but hang back for a while
Not using the second part of the write-in, because it makes Chulainn look like a clingy wuss, and will likely just irritate Sanae.
>> No. 4974
File 121775065096.jpg - (78.55KB , 525x700 , 1193772176046.jpg ) [iqdb]
4974
>>4963
Looks like sound reasoning from here.

[X] Go bother Hina for a while.
>> No. 4978
>"Oohhh, go bother Hina for a while!" With that, she speeds up and away from you before you can mount any sort of reply or defense.

She wants you to follow her and apologize. You should be able to solve this.

[x] Go bother Hina for a while.

Don't take the bait. Make her angry by doing as she says, not as she wants. Make her jealous and insecure by showing how effortlessly we get along with Hina, all the while revealing no malice that allows her to justify her anger. When she finally breaks, we'll be there to pick up the pieces. It's been our game plan since day one.

Delicious Sanae tears. Must lick.
>> No. 4981
[x] Go bother Hina for a while.

Give her some space, damn.
>> No. 4983
[x] Go bother Hina for a while.

Sanae route, do not want.
>> No. 4984
[x] Go bother Hina for a while.
>> No. 4992
[x] Go bother Hina for a while.
>> No. 4996
File 121777610327.png - (249.62KB , 400x598 , 1207192602374.png ) [iqdb]
4996
>>4978
This Anonymous would like an H scene of Chulainn banging Hina while Sanae is tied down and force to watch, wouldn't he? Perhaps Sanae would be bound by Hina's ribbons and cry as she is punished for her cold demeanor, watching her love thrust over and over again into the cheerful kind woman she could never be. Maybe Chulainn would lick those tears of sorrow off of Hina's ample breasts as she moans in pleasure.

Why would you want that? I don't get it.
>> No. 4997
File 121777782253.jpg - (43.62KB , 457x316 , rage.jpg ) [iqdb]
4997
>>4996

(╬ ಠ益ಠ)
>> No. 5000
>>4983
ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 5005
>>4996

Fucking. Do it.
>> No. 5007
>>4996
[x] Go bother Hina for a while.

You better do it Doc.
>> No. 5010
[x] Go bother Hina for a while.

>>4996
?_?
>> No. 5016
>>4996
>Why would you want that? I don't get it.
It is a mystery, to be sure.

Hina buggan gaems~
>> No. 5019
Bah, my connections bugging out, and it's (relatively) late. Update will have to wait. But in the meantime...
>> No. 5029
...enjoy your H scene.
>> No. 5139
>>5019

That's some wait.
>> No. 5141
>>5139
Sorry, ended up spending all my writefag credits yesterday working on the VN. I'll save a couple for you guys tomorrow. Honest engine.
>> No. 5263
>08/08/04(Mon)22:38
>I'll save a couple for you guys tomorrow. Honest engine.

sliiiide whistle
>> No. 5329
Hanging around here isn't doing you any good, so you decide to take her advice and speed up a little to catch up with Hina. It looks like it may take a while, though, you were already going at almost your full speed, but happily she notices your approach and slows a little to meet you midway. "This marks the second time in as many hours I have witnessed yourself and Lady Kochiya separate from each other under strained circumstances," she says concernedly as you match speeds. "Is everything all right?"

"I don't know. Maybe." You shrug and sigh, just watching the trees pass by for a while. Most of the time, like earlier, you're just giving each other a little harmless grief, no big deal. Just now, though... you were right there talking to her, but it still felt like you were missing half of the conversation. You don't say this out loud, though, not wanting to have left Sanae behind just to end up talking about her. "So, what can you tell me about this village?"

"In the way of detail, I am afraid I can tell you precious little," she replies without missing a beat (as you have come to expect from her). "Indeed, practically nothing, as my only knowledge of this area was gleaned from my flight over it one month ago, but I will tell you as much as I am able. To begin with, this village appears to be a center of activity in Gensokyo: it is the largest single settlement that I saw, and is located within a convenient distance of several others."

"Others?"

"Yes, most of which are scattered throughout the forest we are passing over now." You have noticed a fair share of clearings about, but nowhere written that says they are all naturally occuring, or not otherwise in use. "I believe there is also one situated within a bamboo grove to the east, but cannot be certain due to a strange enchantment over the area. There are others, but either abandoned or not in close enough proximity to reach easily without resorting to flight. In any case, I would reccommend the village as your optimum source of information at the moment." Then, while you're still thoughtfully digesting this, she calmly continues speaking without changing her tone. "With regards to yourself, Master Chulainn, I would wager that Lady Kochiya has little more of an idea as to the reasoning behind her actions and reactions than have you. This relationship that has formed between you is the first one of its kind in her life. The experience is new, wondrous, but also, I do not doubt, frightening."

You turn to look at her, surprised by this matter-of-fact forwardness. But she is not looking back; in fact, like her voice, her expression and position have remained just as they were. "What are you saying?", you manage to ask thickly.

"To take care with her," Hina replies, still facing forward and speaking plainly. "She is in a very volatile state at the moment, and it is you that have placed her there. Even your slightest gesture may find itself being writ large across her sky... for good or ill." Now she looks at you, and you can tell that her expression has not, in fact, remained unchanged, but the telltale lines of concern were so subtly drawn as to be invisible until faced head on. "She is happier in your company than I have ever known her to be before. I do not wish to see anything happen to that. In any case, we have nearly arrived at your destination. Please begin descending now." Turning away, she straightens her position and slows her speed as she moves down towards the ground. You follow suit with a glance back at Sanae to be sure that she has noticed.

The three of you meet on the forest floor, leaves crunching beneath your feet as you each touch down. The sun has risen sufficiently that you can no longer see your breath in the air, but it is still not much warmer than back on the mountain. Hina turns to speak as Sanae moves up from behind to stand at your left. "The village is not far north-east from this point, straight ahead. Not more than fifteen minutes of walking should take you out of the forest and within its sight." You both thank her at once, and she smiles modestly. "Then, with your leave..." She rises straight up into the air, closing her eyes and rotating slowly, gaining speed as she ascends. As she clears the treeline, she's spinning quite rapidly, and then she is just gone, vanished suddenly from view. You spot her again in the distance, fading in and out from sight, moving away, spinning. And then you are alone.

Sanae is already smiling happily up at you when you lower your head again. "Shall we go, then?"

[ ] Offer her your free arm. "Yes, let's."
[ ] "Perhaps it would be better if we split up."
[ ] Suggest an alternate destination.
>> No. 5330
[ ] Offer her your free arm. "Yes, let's."
>> No. 5332
[X] Offer her your free arm. "Yes, let's."
>> No. 5335
[X] Offer her your free arm. "Yes, let's."
>> No. 5336
[x]"Yes, let's."
[x]Take off your clothes
>> No. 5337
[x] Offer her your free arm. "Yes, let's."
>> No. 5338
[X] Offer her your free arm. "Yes, let's."

'bout that time eh chaps?
...right-o.

Shall we?
We shall.
>> No. 5339
File 121822394359.jpg - (18.84KB , 300x300 , sanaemotorscooteryc8.jpg ) [iqdb]
5339
Forgot to mention:

This is something of a sandbox day. There's a lot that can be done. It is now roughly 8 A.M. in Gensokyo. You have not less then eight, and not more than twelve hours to play around with before returning home. Accordingly, there will be a slight mechanics change, with vote options including about how much time they'll take up (estimates subject to haggling); write-ins should do the same (estimates subject to approval).

Also, That One Event is still out there, and can be completed at any time in this period. Hell, you could have it over and done with in about five moves from here, if you've figured it out.

Maybe I'm forgetting something, we'll see if I've remembered when I wake up. Vroom~
>> No. 5342
Actually, I remembered before I even fell asleep. I'll be gone for pretty much all of next week, on vacation at GenCon. While this means no updates for that period, it also means that I plan to spend this weekend spending as little money as possible. Writing is free. You see where I'm going with this.
>> No. 5347
[X] Offer her your free arm. "Yes, let's."
>> No. 5348
>>5338
AAA MOTHERLAND
>> No. 5349
File 121822718188.png - (26.55KB , 600x600 , 1212867877471.png ) [iqdb]
5349
[x] Offer her your free arm. "Yes, let's."

>>4956
>she speeds up and away from you
>>5329
>left Sanae behind
>with a glance back at Sanae
lolwut
>> No. 5353
[x] Offer her your free arm. "Yes, let's."
>> No. 5364
>>5349
NOW YOU FUCKED UP! YOU HAVE FUCKED UP NOW! NOW YOU FUCKED UP! NOW YOU FUCKED UP! NOW YOU FUCKED UP!

And then anonymous got hammered in the butt by tetro so much he died of being hammered in the butt.
>> No. 5369
[x] Offer her your free arm. "Yes, let's."

>Also, That One Event is still out there, and can be completed at any time in this period. Hell, you could have it over and done with in about five moves from here, if you've figured it out.

Wait, what event?
>> No. 5370
>>5369

The event that determines whether we get to sex up Sanae and receive a good end, or not sex her up and get an ending.
>> No. 5373
>>5370
>The event that determines whether we get to sex up Sanae and receive a H-scene good end, or not sex her up and get the platonic good end.
Fix'd.
>> No. 5400
>>5349 >>5364
...huh?

===

You hold out your free arm, crooked downwards. "Yes, let's." Her smile widens, and she wraps both of her arms around your proffered one, hugging it against her body. This feeling brings a smile to your face in turn, and the two of you march off in step, crunching through the fallen leaves towards the human village.

The trip is quiet and uneventful. After a few minutes, the trees start coming fewer and farther between, marking an end to the forest. Then, a brief, flat plain that slopes down ahead, giving you a gradual reveal of the village itself as you approach. It's much larger than you expected, for one. From this vantage point, it is much longer than it is wide, spreading out around some hills on the far side rather than towards the forest. The buildings are mostly classical Japanese, espeically closer to the center of the village, with more contemporary designs (and even a few foreign ones) scattered throughout. At the center is what looks to be a large commons area, the only scene of activity that you can determine from here, although it's still not much. Between here and the village to your right are some small farms and rice paddies; past the village to your left, you can see the bamboo grove Hina warned you about.

"It's big," Sanae murmurs, echoing your thoughts, "and quiet. Then again, I guess it is still kinda early."

Time - 8:15 am
[ ] Keep going to the center of town. (10 minutes)
[ ] Angle off towards the farmland. (5 minutes)
[ ] Head back into the forest. (5 minutes)
>> No. 5405
[x] Keep going to the center of town. (10 minutes)

Hummm.
>> No. 5407
[ x ] Angle off towards the farmland. (5 minutes)

Do we get to meet Keichi and crew?(or Casey and Friends?)
>> No. 5408
[ x ] Angle off towards the farmland. (5 minutes)
>> No. 5409
[ x ] Angle off towards the farmland. (5 minutes)
>> No. 5414
[x] Keep going to the center of town. (10 minutes)
>> No. 5415
{X} Keep going to the center of town. (10 minutes)
>> No. 5421
[ x ] Angle off towards the farmland. (5 minutes)

Detouran' gamez
>> No. 5427
[ x ] Angle off towards the farmland. (5 minutes)
>> No. 5429
Minor detail I forgot to write into >>5329: what Hina was working on in the kitchen before was a pair of bento (in b4 pinku), one for each of you; small thermoses were provided by Nitori. The whole set is wrapped up in a large cloth and currently carried by Ku-chan in the same hand as his spear. Mentioned only so that it doesn't come out of nowhere later.

Anywho, writing for farmland. Probably new thread, this one seems to be auto-saging.