[Return]
Archived Thread

File 121642517923.jpg - (113.51KB , 650x1000 , c0a08f2ba973871d308ed4a138ce74ef7c14d698.jpg ) [iqdb]
4244 No. 4244
[x] Laugh. “My colleagues have been saying that I've been insane for years. How much worse could it get?”
[x] "Besides, you did say 'usually'. That means it's not a guarantee that I'll go nuts. I like this leg you made for me, so let me take the chance, okay?"

You laugh. “My colleagues have been saying that I’ve been insane for years. How much worse could it get?”

Nitori tenses up again, clenching her fists. It looks like she’s really starting to get frustrated with your downplaying of the situation. Before she can say anything, you decide to speak your mind on the matter.

“Besides, you did say ‘usually’, didn’t you? That means it's not a guarantee that I'll go nuts. I like this leg you made for me, so let me take the chance, okay?”

“...stupid.” Nitori says, her voice as tense as her body. “What if you do go insane?” Her voice falls again, wavering. “What if... what if you’re no longer Bill, and it’s my fault? What if you start eating people, and you need to be killed?”

“A disturbing thought.” You sigh. “But it’ll be ok. I know I can deal with this.”

“How do you know?” She asks, not looking up, still quite. “I thought I knew what I was doing when I made the leg, but I was wrong. What if you’re wrong, too? I...”

A strange sensation passes through you. It fills you with confidence in your goal. It’s not a fake confidence, but a real, deep seated belief in your own ability. You’ve got no idea where it came from, but it’s genuine.

“I’m not.” You say, as simply as possible.

Nitori looks at you, apparently taken back by your statement. She still has that pitiful expression on her face; it’s painful to look at.

“I’ll be fine.” You say, the aura of confidence still filling you. “Trust me.”

Nitori’s expression eases a bit. She’s still wearing that rotten smile, but it’s not nearly as hopeless looking as it was before. “You’re sure?”

“Absolutely.” You say, laughing. “Like I said, trust me. I think I’ve got a plan.”

The last part was meant to calm her down, but you notice that you really DO have a plan. You don’t know what it is yet, but your brain is definitely telling you that the situation is already solved. It would require thought to pull out, and... you’re trying to avoid thinking too hard at the moment, for obvious reasons.

“I... trust you, then.”

Nitori seems to be trying, but it’s obvious she doesn’t buy it completely.

[ ] Hug her. “Come on. Would I really risk losing all of this?”
[ ] Focus on the plan. If you can explain it, she will be more at ease.
[ ] “Great. I’m sorry to have bothered you with this.”

>> No. 4245
[X] Hug her. “Come on. Would I really risk losing all of this?”
[X] "Besides, I have a wonderful colleague here. I'm sure that we'll come up with a solution in time."

Love Nitori.
>> No. 4247
[X] Hug her. “Come on. Would I really risk losing all of this?”
[X] "Besides, I have a wonderful colleague here. I'm sure that we can perfect that solution in time."

Tweakan' gaems. We JUST SAID we have a plan.
>> No. 4248
[X] Hug her. “Come on. Would I really risk losing all of this?”
[X] "Besides, I have a wonderful colleague here. I'm sure that we'll come up with a solution in time."

Our plan is to not sleep alone in the bed tonight again.
>> No. 4249
[] Hug her. “Come on. Would I really risk losing all of this?”
[] "Besides, I have a wonderful colleague here. I'm sure that we'll come up with a solution in time."
>> No. 4250
[X] Hug her. “Come on. Would I really risk losing all of this?”
[X] "Besides, I have a wonderful colleague here. I'm sure that we can perfect that solution in time."
>> No. 4252
[X] Hug her. “Come on. Would I really risk losing all of this?”
[X] "Besides, I have a wonderful colleague here. I'm sure that we can perfect that solution in time."
>> No. 4253
[λ] Hug her. “Come on. Would I really risk losing all of this?”
[λ] "Besides, I have a wonderful colleague here. I'm sure that we can perfect that solution in time."
It's not like she'd file any sexual harassments suits. It's not harassment if you like it.
>> No. 4254
[X] Hug her. “Come on. Would I really risk losing all of this?”
[X] "Besides, I have a wonderful colleague here. I'm sure that we can perfect that solution in time."
>> No. 4255
[X] Hug her. “Come on. Would I really risk losing all of this?”
[X] "Besides, I have a wonderful colleague here. I'm sure that we can perfect that solution in time."

Throw in one of those million dollar smiles like we see in those pictures sometimes here.
>> No. 4257
>>4255
[X] Hug her. “Come on. Would I really risk losing all of this?”
[X] "Besides, I have a wonderful colleague here. I'm sure that we can perfect that solution in time."

Kappa cuddlan gaems~
>> No. 4258
[x] Hug her. “Come on. Would I really risk losing all of this?”
[x] "Besides, I have a wonderful colleague here. I'm sure that we can perfect that solution in time."

You walk over to Nitori and embrace her in a hug. She doesn’t resist. Since she’s about a foot shorter than you, her head rests lightly on your chest. “Come on. Would I really risk losing all of this?”

She doesn’t say anything.

“I’ve had a better time here than I’ve ever had on the outside.” You say, laughing. It’s completely true. Your life was fairly bland on the outside. “Sure, I’ve spent a large portion of it unconscious... but this place feels more like home than my home ever did. And you’ve been so kind to me, Nitori. This place... you... it’s all wonderful. I wouldn’t give it up for anything.”

The two of you stay like this for a while. There’s really nothing else to say, so a pleasant silence follows.

“I...”

Nitori tries to speak up, but her voice ends up falling quiet again. She doesn’t even try to make eye contact, continuing to look down “I’m... s-sorry for calling you stupid.” She pauses, obviously mulling something over. “I just...” Another pause.

“I didn’t want you to get hurt, OK? Y-you’re a great guy, Bill, and...” she blushes, trailing off. “... and I... want you to...”

Her voice falters again.

“... stay around... for a while.”

You realize it must have taken a lot for her to say that. She breaks away from your embrace.

“...so why...?”

Ah. She’s wondering why you want to keep the leg so badly.

“Because... I’m curious.” You say, trying to explain yourself. “If my hunch is right, Nitori, you’ve given me a great gift... I’d hate to see it go to waste.”

The situation seems successfully diffused. Nitori is still looking a little down, but not terribly so. Perhaps a little humor could help bring her back to her cheerful self.

“Besides, I have a wonderful colleague. I'm sure that we can perfect that solution in time.” You laugh. “You will help me, won’t you? I’d like to develop this skill.”

Silence. She eventually speaks up, at least trying to make eye contact this time. “I thought... you already had a plan?” She asks, quizzically.

“Oh, I do,” You say, laughing, “but I’d have to go into another trance to get it, I think. That might be a bad idea, so...”

Finally, a smile. “So, you can control it? Even if it’s only a little, that’s...”

You shake your head. “I wouldn’t call it controlling. More like avoiding the triggers that cause the condition.”

She frowns. “Right. Thinking about difficult things triggers it... but only if you want to think about them?”

“That’s right.”

“I...” she sighs, “I don’t get it. It’s a strange condition. The only way I can think to find out more about it is...” Her voice simply cuts off, not wanting to say something.

“Is?” You ask, trying to maintain a light mood. “Come on, don’t leave me wondering like that. It’s cruel.”

“Is to...” She pauses again. “Induce it.”

[ ] “Sounds like a plan. Shall we get started?”
[ ] “No. It’s too risky.”
============================
Sleep time. Updates when I wake up.
>> No. 4259
[ ] “Sounds like a plan. Shall we get started?”
[ ] "its not like I haven't been using it extensively already"
>> No. 4262
[x] “Sounds like a plan. Shall we get started?”

BAD END, GET?
>> No. 4263
[x] “Sounds like a plan. What kind of precautions can we take? Could the leg be deactivated manually?”

It seems like we're actually getting better at coming out of it, anyway.
>> No. 4264
{X} “Sounds like a plan. Shall we get started?”
The power of SCIENCE will prevail!~
>> No. 4266
[x] “Sounds like a plan. Shall we get started?”
>> No. 4267
[x] “Sounds like a plan. Shall we get started?
>> No. 4270
[X] “Sounds like a plan. Shall we get started?”
[X] "If you need to get me out of it quickly, just mention THE GAME"
>> No. 4273
[x] “Sounds like a plan. Shall we get started?
>> No. 4275
>>4270
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

[x] “Sounds like a plan. Shall we get started?
>> No. 4277
[x] “Sounds like a bad end. Shall we get started?
>> No. 4287
[x] “Sounds like a plan. Shall we get started?
>> No. 4290
[x] “Sounds like a plan. Shall we get started?

You’ve got no qualms with that. It would be the first time you tried to induce it in a controlled manner. Since this is a phenomenon you’d like to study, you agree.

“Sounds like a plan.” You say, smiling. “Shall we get started? I’d really like to get pictures of this in an MRI, but...”

Nitori looks uneasy. “You’re sure?”

“Yes.” You say, sighing. “But...” you’d hate to go into it unassisted. Since it seems that outside stimuli have a hard time reaching you once you enter the trance, you wonder if entering the trance while keeping at least a little focus on something in the real world would serve as an anchor. There are a few things you can think of.

The first would be some sort of rock, so that you could roll around in your hand. Takiko managed to bring you out of it before with touch. The rough feeling might serve as an anchor.

The second would be a metronome, or some other kind of sound generating device. Nitori’s voice has pulled you out of your trance twice so far, so perhaps it would serve well.

The third would be some kind of strobe light. The bright pulsing would be very noticeable, but... on that note, it might be too noticeable.

[ ] Request a rock.
[ ] Request a metronome.
[ ] Request a strobe light.
[ ] Request nothing, other than for Nitori to wake you up after a while.
>> No. 4291
[waka] Request a rock.
A metronome can put us to sleep, and the strobe light is both too regular, and too distracting. Having Nitori wake us all the time would be impractical. Leave that as the last resort.
>> No. 4292
[ ] Request a rock, and that Nitori try to wake you up after a while.

Just because it might be working doesn't make it any more obvious to the outside world. At least giving her a nod or some form of acknowledgment when she gives us a little question or something will keep her informed as to when we're trancing and when we're not.
>> No. 4293
[ ] Request a rock, and that Nitori and/or Takiko be available to try to wake you up after a while.
>> No. 4294
[x] Request a rock, and that Nitori and/or Takiko be available to try to wake you up after a while.


When Bill will start hungering after innards we know something went wrong.
>> No. 4295
[ ] Request a rock, and that Nitori and/or Takiko be available to try to wake you up after a while.

why no fairy option?
>> No. 4296
[X] Request a rock, and that Nitori try to wake you up after a while.
>> No. 4297
We'd better fucking get our own theme song when this is over.
>> No. 4298
>>4297

Sure are slow today, Anon.
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=WjpVQbNpGKo
>> No. 4301
[λ] Request a rock.
>> No. 4302
[ ] Request a rock, and that Nitori and/or Takiko be available to try to wake you up after a while.
>> No. 4303
[X]Ask Nitori to hit us with a rock if her voice can't get us out.
>> No. 4304
Sorry guys, family business took precedence today. Writing.
>> No. 4305
File 121652857471.jpg - (19.70KB , 480x480 , 1205894691965.jpg ) [iqdb]
4305
>>4304
Just started reading this today, nice job so far, this is awesome.
>> No. 4306
[x] Request a rock, and that Nitori and/or Takiko be available to try to wake you up after a while.

“But... well, could you get me a rock?” You ask, being enigmatic on purpose. “A small one, preferably a little rough. I’m going to try to use it as a means to keep me from losing touch with everything.”

“Ah, hey. That’s a good idea!” Nitori walks to the nearest bench and takes out something like a flathead screwdriver, or a chisel. She puts it at an angle to the floor and gives it a sharp tap, dislodging a fragment of the cavern floor. Walking back to you, she drops it into your hand. “Here.”

You roll it around in your palm a few times. There’s a sharp edge, but you don’t think it’ll cut you. “This will work great.” Deciding to err more on the side of caution, you also decide that a third part observer would be good.

“Hey... I’m going to have Takiko look after me, so you can get back to work. If something goes wrong, I’ll have her come bug you.”

“Takiko?” she asks, confused.

Ah, right. She hasn’t been introduced yet. “The fairy. Her name’s Takiko. I guess she’s literate.”

“Huh.” She says, a bit taken back by this. “Fairies can write? I didn’t know that.” Then, she smiles. “Are you going to publish your findings on fairies at some point?”

“Probably.” An idea comes to your mind. “You said people here don’t think much of them, right? Maybe they just don’t realize how intelligent they are.”

Nitori laughs. “That’s definitely true. Well...” she looks down, her voice dropping. “...be careful, OK?”

“I will.” You say, nodding. “Don’t worry.”

You leave Nitori, heading back to your workstation. Looking back, she hasn’t started working... you turn back, and keep walking. It’s good to have someone worrying about you. The feeling isn’t one you had often in the outside world.

Making it back to your workbench, you find Takiko. She seems to have been taking a break as well, resting on the nearby bench. Looking at the chalk board, you notice that it seems to resemble... well, you. The figure seems to be wearing a longer than normal coat, holding a cane in one hand. You don’t have it on you, at the moment, so it’s probably you from the first time you met. There’s a winged stick figure near the figures shoulder.

“Oh, hey,” You ask, pointing at the blackboard. “Is that me?”

Takiko nods, pleased. You guess it’s because you recognized it right away.

You laugh. “Good job. Hey, listen, I’ve got another job for you. Are you interested?”

She nods, obviously willing to do whatever you ask.

“You know how I was kind of zoning out before? Well, I’m going to do it again.” You take off your watch, motioning her closer. “Every time the big hand here spins past two more numbers, I want you to get my attention. Can you do that?”

Again, a nod. You hand her the watch, which she holds with both hands.

“Thanks. If you do a good job, I’ll do something special for you later.”

She seems happy at this. You don’t have any idea as to what you’ll do, exactly, but... well, you can think of something later.

“Alright then. Don’t forget, ok?”

She nods, and you turn back to your blackboard. You begin rolling the rock around in your left hand, grasping the chalk in your right. But... what to think about? It shouldn’t really matter too much; you’re trying to induce the state to observe if it’s possible to keep it under control. Anything would do, really.

[ ] Think about the deuterium distillery.
[ ] Think about the leg.
[ ] Think about another problem (write-in).
>> No. 4307
[X] Think about the leg.

Might as well kill two birds with one stone and try to formulate a plan while we test the trance.

Also, Takiko is SO MOE.
>> No. 4308
[X] Think about the possible interactions of the physics you're familiar with and whatever you can deduce of the laws governing "magic" here. Especially with regards towards an uncontrolled non-radiative black hole cutting into a hitherto unknown dimensional boundary and becoming subject to an entirely new set of physical laws. Does that mean it's a wormhole now? Is it actually stable? Surely it can't have just vanished. And where'd the rest of CERN go? That could only have been a small part of the complex...
>> No. 4309
[X] Think about the leg.
That's why we are doing this, to find a solution so we don't go batshit-fucking insane
>> No. 4310
[x] Think about the possible interactions of the physics you're familiar with and whatever you can deduce of the laws governing "magic" here. Especially with regards towards an uncontrolled non-radiative black hole cutting into a hitherto unknown dimensional boundary and becoming subject to an entirely new set of physical laws. Does that mean it's a wormhole now? Is it actually stable? Surely it can't have just vanished. And where'd the rest of CERN go? That could only have been a small part of the complex...

That boy needs therapy.
>> No. 4311
[X] Think about the leg.
>> No. 4312
[ ] Think about the leg.
>> No. 4313
[X] Think about Nitori with a bald spot.
>> No. 4314
Sleep and stuff. Updates... later today, I guess.
>> No. 4315
[x] Think about the leg.

We definitely need to find an easier way for Takiko to communicate. Maybe a little keyboard and a voice synthesizer, or a brainwave-reading helmet, or some half-bullshit magic solution to let her talk.

Why can't she just talk, anyway? Cirno can talk. Something's up, here.
>> No. 4316
{X} Think about the leg.
>> No. 4317
[x] Think about THE GAME
>> No. 4318
[] Think about the leg.
>> No. 4319
[x] Think about the leg.

Naturally, think about the pressing problem.
>> No. 4320
[X] Think about Nitori

Let's get the plot forward.
>> No. 4321
[x] Think about the leg.
>> No. 4322
[λ] Think about the fact that the Seven Hour War ended days ago when Breen surrendered the Earth to the Combine and whether or not there are still portal storms bringing in more antlions and headcrabs. Not that you'd know that's happening and that it's all your fault.
>> No. 4323
>>4322
[] Think about why there can be so many half-life faggots.
>> No. 4324
>>4323
>[] Think about why there can be so many half-life faggots.

Sliiiiiiiiiide whistle
>> No. 4325
[x] Think about the leg.

You decide it would be best to try and kill two birds with one stone. This leg... perhaps you could hammer out some theories about it? It’s a more pressing issue than getting Ruukoto on line, at least, since it could be a threat to your sanity.

You begin thinking about the problem, but find nothing to write. In a bid to make yourself comfortable, you sit down on the nearest workbench, leaving the chalk at the blackboard. The stone continues to roll at your will, producing a slight poking sensation every so often.

This problem deals with things that might be able to be understood with science, if you knew all the rules of this world. Either way, anything could be possible here. Nitori said that the bone could have been from some kind of magical creature that could amplify mental power, but she didn’t seem too sure. That explanation doesn’t make much sense to you. A beast that could amplify power? Possibly, but that wouldn’t be a very useful trait for a monster. If it was meant to drive someone insane it would be, but...

...oh. You guess that that would make sense. Perhaps this creature is attacking you from beyond the grave? It’s possible, but you don’t want to jump to any conclusions right now. What else could have similar effects? If what Nitori says is right, the effects are caused by a strong connection between you and the bone. Supposedly, you’re gaining traits of the youkai, not being attacked by it.

Perhaps the youkai simply had high intelligence? The ability to deduce an incredible number of things would certainly be very useful. But the experience isn’t at all like that. It’s more like a connection to the deduced knowledge, rather than actually having it. But, then again, the supposed transformation isn’t complete, and...

...you’ve succeeded in entering the trance. Slipping out of it part way, you notice a disturbance that you can’t pinpoint. In your mind, you know it’s the rock you’ve been rolling around in your hand, but it just doesn’t seem to register. There are other sensations, as well, but... you’ve got no idea what they are. None of them seem to be as pressing as the periodic sensation from the rock. Slipping back into the trance, keeping the rock as an anchor, you contemplate it. It seems impossible to enter the trance fully while keeping some awareness of the rock, but it’ll have to do. You don’t want to get completely lost in your own mind.

You can’t see, you realize. Can’t hear. Can’t feel, apart from the rock. These sensations are probably other senses, such as sight and sound. You wonder if it would be possible to somehow merge both states. To be able to have the senses working while in this trance state.

... it is. There is a way.

How you know this, you’re not sure. It’s probably the idea that you had earlier, trying to surface. It seems fairly complex, and it doesn’t look like you’ll be able to access it without probing deeper into your mind.

[ ] Go for it. This was your goal, right?
[ ] Resist. Maintain your current state until Takiko wakes you.
[ ] Break time. Try to bring yourself back to reality.
>> No. 4326
[X] Think about the leg.

On another, completely separate note, while loading a .22 magazine, I wonder if it was possible to sex a fairy with a .22LR round.

Also, what is bill going to do for Takiko later?
>> No. 4327
[ ] Go for it. This was your goal, right?
>> No. 4328
>>4322

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 4329
[ ] Go for it. This was your goal, right?
>> No. 4330
{X} Go for it. This was your goal, right?
>> No. 4331
[x] Break time. Try to bring yourself back to reality.

One step at a time.
>> No. 4332
[x] Go for it. This was your goal, right?

No point in breaking out of the trance this early. Hasn't even been two minutes it seems, since fairy gal hasn't poked us.
>> No. 4333
>>4332
>two minutes

Ten minutes. She's supposed to rouse us when the big hand passes two numbers on the face.
>> No. 4334
[waka] Go for it. This was your goal, right?

We said to wake us every 2 hours, not 2 minutes.
>> No. 4335
File 121659227266.jpg - (127.95KB , 800x1133 , 1200771769328.jpg ) [iqdb]
4335
>>4332
>two minutes
>>4334
>2 hours
You people are dumber than fairies.
>> No. 4336
>>4335
I assumed the 'big hand' refered to the hour hand, as it is usually bigger (not longer, fatter). Two minutes guy just wasn't thinking.
>> No. 4337
[ ] Go for it. This was your goal, right?
>> No. 4338
>>4336
"Big hand" on a clock always refers to the minutes hand. A lot of clocks have both hands the same width, the length difference is the important one.
>> No. 4341
Look, let me clear this up.

The minute hand is the big hand, and the hour hand is the minute hand, while the second hand is the third hand.
>> No. 4342
[x] Go for it. This was your goal, right?

You might as well solve this now. It might be a little reckless, but your scientific mind demands answers. If the answer is within reach, why not reach out and grab it? The answer is so close, but the sensation from the rock is distracting you. You put it out of your mind, and focus on the answer. The sooner you find it, the better.

...

Your mind begins to make all sorts of logical leaps with absolute certainty. The bone is acting as both an amplifier of mental abilities and an access point to some hidden knowledge that you can’t fathom at the moment. You can’t use both your amplified thoughts and your body at the same time, because they are not linked properly. Nitori’s interface is very good, but it was not designed for this. You can see now that it was designed to be a passive device, not an active one. It was designed to take orders and execute them, such as danmaku or flight, not to transfer the powers into the user.

Normally, this would mean that all of this would be out of reach from your mind. However, this is Gensokyo. Consciousness can shift here much easier than it can in the normal world, allowing you to transfer it into the leg. Or, perhaps, allowing it to be drawn into the leg against your will. You’re not entirely sure, as you’ve got a feeling that the bone is acting at least partially on its own.

This would, of course, explain the loss of senses as you get deeper into thought. A deeper transfer of consciousness is required in order to form more difficult ideas, as more information is needed. The leg itself has no ability to form thoughts; probably, that ability was handled by the brain of the youkai that it came from. It does, however, have the ability to process thoughts, to speed them up, and to generally enhance mental abilities. Realizations that would take months of research and planning can be performed in minutes, by running through as many thoughts as possible in the shortest amount of time.

It seems that not everything is able to be accomplished. You can’t, for instance, find any way to dig up a past on this youkai. A starting point is needed, and you don’t know the local history.

The solution to the leg problem, however, is within your grasp... now that all the pieces have been found. Nitori’s interface cannot be removed without destroying what’s left of your leg, as it has mechanically integrated itself up to your upper hip. A curious trait about the interface is that it has fused with your blood vessels. It seems Nitori designed it to be able to draw energy to power the onboard circuitry from blood. The blood is carried throughout the leg, coursing through most everything on the inside. The bone itself is not powered, so it has no vessels running by it.

There are a few smaller ones, however, that you could rupture by utilizing some design flaws that Nitori had left. This would allow for the blood to make contact, and bring more than just its radiant power into your body. The transformation would go much quicker this way, taking hours instead of years. The blood vessels will repair themselves in a short while. This is a brilliant plan.

...but, what good is a plan, if you can’t realize it? The excitement to try it out burns within you. With a simple thought, you send an impulse back to your mostly unconscious mind. With that, everything has been set into motion. All that’s left to do is to wait. Your consciousness dims, but that’s to be expected. The transformation is going to be taxing. After this short rest, your problem will be solved, once and for all...

Choose one:
[ ] Apple
[ ] Lime
[ ] Grape
[ ] Blueberry
==========================
End of day 3.
>> No. 4343
[x] Watermelon
>> No. 4344
[ ] Lime
She put the lime in the coke and she drink it all up
>> No. 4345
[x] Coconut

He's a nut!
>> No. 4346
[ ] Apple
>> No. 4347
Grape
>> No. 4348
>>4345
Whuddoes that mean?
>> No. 4349
[ ] Lime
>> No. 4350
[ ] Apple
>> No. 4351
File 121661012650.jpg - (92.33KB , 725x520 , 23d806109e05b4e665504e66c72b90d9.jpg ) [iqdb]
4351
Wait, so we just sped up the transformation into a youkai? ...Fuck.

[x] Grape
>> No. 4352
[ ] Lime
>> No. 4353
[X] Apple

And the world is like an apple, whirling silently in space.
>> No. 4358
[ ] Lime
>> No. 4360
>> [ ] Apple.
Oh, what's also red?

>> [ ] Lime
I think I'm turning green.

>> [ ] Grape
Blueba- wait, not this one.

>> [ ] Blueberry
Blueballs. Do not want.

That said.
[X] Grape
>> No. 4362
[ ] Grape
>> No. 4365
>>4351
>Wait, so we just sped up the transformation into a youkai? ...Fuck yes!
fixed

[x] Blueberry

No core/skin/seeds/pits. Unique flavor. Easy to serve. Can be dried easily. HUGE concentrations of antioxidants.

This is the fruit of SCIENCE.
>> No. 4366
[X] Banana
>> No. 4367
[ ] Lime

More often than not the favorite color of a Genius is green.
>> No. 4370
>>4365
>This is the fruit of SCIENCE.

But,

[ ] Apple

Newton!
>> No. 4372
[x] Lime

You sit on your chair, writing notes. Electricity crackles through the air from your magnifying transmitter, filling the chamber with a hint of ozone smell. You look up, mesmerized by the arcs of electricity. They seem to be green, which is odd. You take down a few more notes.

You’ve always found it funny. People are terrified of devices half this size, dealing with only a fraction of the voltage. Why would they be scared? It’s completely harmless. Jotting down a few more notes, you stand up, and shut down the machine.

...

...

...

You open your eyes, and are instantly assaulted by voices. Your brain is buzzing with thoughts about... well, everything, really. Your heart is pounding, and you seem to have been sweating in your sleep; your clothes are drenched. And the thoughts... they simply won’t cease.

You groan in frustration. This feels like a delirium. What did you...?

It comes back in pieces. You went looking for more knowledge, and overdid it. The leg, it...

...why won’t these thoughts be quiet? You can’t think like this. Closing your eyes again, the voices start to make more sense. This... is a transition state. That’s right, isn’t it? You opted to try out you’re plan recklessly. It wasn’t your intention. You simply wanted to find out the solution. You...

“...hey. Are you awake?”

A thousand possibilities for the source of this voice cascade through your mind. Eventually, only one remains; the source of it was Hina. A hundred thousand possibilities for her reasoning for being here also join in your thoughts bounce around your brain. A couple hundred thousand more try to predict where she could have been sitting, within a few nanometers, knowing what you do about the shape of the room.

“...quiet.” You manage to get out. Your voice is raspy, dry. It seems any outside stimulus is painful. You’d rather not have any. Quiet down

She says nothing more, so you get back to work. Is this state permanent? No, it doesn’t seem so. The transformation is complete, but you’ve not yet gotten a handle on your new abilities. There is a way to shut them out, but it’s nowhere near foolproof. You try it, forcing back the tides of inspiration. You never thought you’d have to do this, but it’s necessary.

After a few minutes, you’ve managed to box the inspiration into a proverbial corner of your brain. It feels ready to burst at any moment, but at least you’re thoughts have calmed down. You try opening your eyes, slowly.

Hundreds of thoughts invade your brain, from the geological structure of the ceiling to the fiber makeup of the bed sheets... and you manage to deduce slate and a 50/50 polyester cotton blend, respectively. It’s more amusing than painful at this level. Perhaps this won’t be so bad after all, and, with practice, you should be able to shut it down completely.

You turn to see Hina, sitting on the chair next to your bed. She’s wearing a sad smile, obviously distressed at your current situation, but also possibly a little hurt at your earlier command.

“I’m... sorry,” you say, apologizing. “I, uh...”

You’ve got no idea what else to say. This seems a nigh impossible situation to predict. Social interaction has too many variables to predict successfully, especially when the person in question is under some sort of stress.

[ ] “What happened?”
[ ] “Where’s Nitori?”
[ ] “Where’s Takiko?”
[ ] Awesome Write-in.
>> No. 4373
[x] “Where’s Nitori? Let her know I'm okay.”
>> No. 4374
[x] “Where’s Nitori? Let her know I'm okay.”
>> No. 4375
[ ] “What happened?”
[ ] “Where’s Nitori?”
[ ] “Where’s Takiko?”
>> No. 4376
[ ] “What happened?”
[ ] “Where’s Nitori?”
[ ] “Where’s Takiko?”
>> No. 4378
[x] "I didn't mean to snap at you Hina, it was just that I was at the cusp of epiphany right then. It's all over now--the metamorphosis is complete."
[x] "But where are my trusted friends and colleagues? Why are they absent at my moment of glory? Or is this merely a taste of the loneliness that comes from being the king of the mountaintop?"
>> No. 4379
[ ] “What happened?”
[ ] “Where’s Nitori?”
[ ] “Where’s Takiko?”
>> No. 4380
[x] "I didn't mean to snap at you Hina, it was just that I was at the cusp of epiphany right then. It's all over now--the metamorphosis is complete."
[x] "But where are my trusted friends and colleagues? Why are they absent at my moment of glory? Or is this merely a taste of the loneliness that comes from being the king of the mountaintop?"
>> No. 4381
[X] “What happened?”
[X] “Where’s Nitori?”
[X] “Where’s Takiko?”

So, we dreamed we were Tesla? Badass.
>> No. 4386
[X] “What happened?”
[X] “Where’s Nitori?”
[X] “Where’s Takiko?”
>> No. 4387
[X] “What happened?”
[X] “Where’s Nitori?”
[X] “Where’s Takiko?”
>> No. 4390
>>4333
Whoops. I facepalm at my carelessness.

>This would allow for the blood to make contact, and bring more than just its radiant power into your body. The transformation would go much quicker this way, taking hours instead of years. The blood vessels will repair themselves in a short while. This is a brilliant plan.
...the hell did you just do, Nyenonymous?
>> No. 4391
[ ] “What happened?”
[ ] “Where’s Nitori?”
[ ] “Where’s Takiko?”
>> No. 4392
>>4348
"That boy needs therapy."

[ ] “What happened?”
[ ] “Where’s Nitori?”
[ ] “Where’s Takiko?”
>> No. 4393
[λ] “What happened?”
[λ] “Where’s Nitori?”
[λ] “Where’s Takiko?”
>> No. 4406
Updates?
>> No. 4417
[x] “What happened?”
[x] “Where’s Nitori?”
[x] “Where’s Takiko?”

Looking at your watch, it looks like you’ve been out for about 17 hours. It’s 3 in the morning. The situation is a little confusing, and you can’t quite figure out...

... The thought threatens to break lose the contained inspiration, and it’s all you can do to hold it back. It seems that these first few days are going to be difficult. The solution is to rely on others for answers for the time being.

“What... happened?” You ask Hina.

“You... passed out, Bill. You’ve had a high fever and have been mumbling since then. I’ve been watching over you, fending off any errant curses that could have worsened your condition.” She breathes a sigh of relief. “I’m surprised it worked, actually. You look terrible. Nitori didn’t think you were going to make it.”

Nitori... you’ve been out for seventeen hours, after asking her to trust in your judgment. Suddenly, you feel like crap. And Takiko? The mental image of her trying to wake you in vain... it’s almost enough to make you tear up. You have to see them and let them know everything is alright.

“Where’s Nitori?” You ask, a sense of urgency creeping into your voice. “And Takiko? I need to let them both know that I’m going to be fine.”

Hina smiles at the last part. “I believe you. Takiko is your fairy, right?”

You nod.

“They’re both... in the lab, working on something,” She says, her smile fading. “But... I don’t think it would be a good idea to go down there.”

“Why not?” You ask, fully knowing the answer. Nitori probably thinks you’re a power hungry fool who would lie through his teeth to achieve anything, at this point. You wouldn’t want to see you, either.

“Nitori... doesn’t want to see you.” Hina says, biting her lip. She looks about to say something else, but decided against it. “It would just be a bad idea right now.”

Either way, you’ve got to get out of this room. It’s starting to bore you. You wonder if that’s also a side effect?

[ ] Ignore her. Go down to the lab.
[ ] Try to assure her that it will be alright. Go down to the lab.
[ ] Hina is right. Go for a walk outside, instead.
>> No. 4418
[x] Hina is right. Go for a walk outside, instead.

Hey leg, how can we stop making Nitori upset?
>> No. 4419
[ ] Hina is right. Go for a walk outside, instead.
>> No. 4420
[x] Hina is right. Go for a walk outside, instead.

Hummmmm.
>> No. 4421
>>4381
The main character was almost Tesla, actually, but having him interact with the touhou ladies would have been a slow motion disaster.
>> No. 4422
[x] Hina is right. Go for a walk outside, instead.

what was the effect of our color choice btw?
>> No. 4423
>>4422
I'm guessing it's who would be there when we woke up, by hair color.

Lime -> Hina
Blueberry -> Nitori
Grape -> Kanako??
Apple -> maybe Takiko? What was her hair color, anyway? We never got much description of her.
>> No. 4424
[x] Hina is right. Go for a walk outside, instead.
>> No. 4425
>>4423
Three of them did that, while one of the options gave you a much more interesting dream.
>> No. 4426
>>4425
What does Takiko look like? Hair color, clothing, 3 sizes, etc. etc.
>> No. 4427
[ ] Hina is right. Go for a walk outside, instead.
>> No. 4428
[λ] Hina is right. Go for a walk outside, instead.
If Tesla would have been a disaster, what about Edison?
>> No. 4429
[ ] Hina is right. Go for a walk outside, instead.
>> No. 4430
[x] Hina is right. Go for a walk outside, instead.

You stand up, causing Hina to look worried.

“I’m not going down to the lab to see them, if that’s what you’re thinking,” you say, sighing. “You’re right. It would be a bad idea. I’m just going to go for a walk. Would you let Nitori know that I’m awake?”

Hina nods. “Yes. I’ll do that. Maybe she’s calmed down a bit by now.” The last part is said with a hint of uncertainty.

“Thanks.” You say, taking your first few steps towards the door. You manage to form a smile. “I appreciate it.” You make your way to the door, and step out into the hall.

A walk outside would be calming, and allow you to find an optimal solution to the current mess. You head for the door leading outside and try to open it, but it’s locked. You slide the deadbolt over and crack open the door. The night air is crisp and cool, and your evaporating sweat only serves to emphasize the last point.

Making your way from the cave entrance, you decide to walk further down the mountain. You’ve only been down and back that way once, and that was by air. Extending your claws for balance, you take a few steps forward.

The thoughts bouncing around in your head number in the hundreds, staying at a reasonable level. This situation is your fault. Nitori is probably working on a way to remove the leg she created, not knowing the situation. Takiko... you’re not sure how she is taking all of this. Probably pretty poorly... but, what’s done is done. You hope they’ll both be able to forgive your foolishness.

The moon is full tonight. It’s a brilliant sight, looming in the cloudless sky. You can make out many more stars than you normally would be able to, which is odd. Perhaps the process has given you a slight boost to vision? It would make sense. Perception is fuel for thought, after all. And then, an interesting thought comes to mind.

Reimu. You’re going to be meeting with her soon, if all goes according to her plan. Possibly later today. Assuming she doesn’t try to exterminate you again, you should be able to ask her for information. She seems to have a fair amount of knowledge about the workings of this world, as she should---

A rustling of brush, the crunching of earth. It came from behind you. You wouldn’t have noticed it had you not been taking a slight pause to sort a few mental issues out. Turning around, you see... Aya. This woman has a bad habit of showing up when you don’t want her to. She’s wearing that silly grin she always has on.

“Are you stalking me or something?” You ask, still a little snippy. “Seriously. What possible reason could you have for being here?” You can’t think of many. It’s possible that she heard about your accident and...

“Oh, I knew something was going on.” She says, a hint of curiosity in her voice. “I tried stopping by for a follow up interview during Nitori’s normal dinner time, but the door was locked. I waited, and no one came out.” You could have sworn that that grin couldn’t get any bigger, but it just did. “People don’t just change their routine like that, and Hina wasn’t at her home, either... so I waited.”

You sigh. That would almost fit the definition of stalking.

“Come on, I can tell something happened. I’m going to find out one way or another, so you should just tell me.” Knowing her, she isn’t lying.

[ ] Agree. Ask her if she knows a youkai that would fit the traits of the bone for payment.
[ ] Agree. It might be good to get this off of your chest.
[ ] Try to find out the history of your leg while being appropriately vague on the incident.
[ ] “No. It’s none of your business.”
>> No. 4431
>>4426
I guess I did forget to describe Takiko when you first met. She’s about a foot tall, clothed in a simple red dress that extends most of the way down her legs, with brown hair and brown eyes.

>>4428
Edison wasn't nearly the eccentric that Tesla was.
>> No. 4432
[ ] “No. It’s none of your business.”
>> No. 4433
Edison wasn't nearly the eccentric that Tesla was.
Which would make the story boring.
Also:
Edison wasn't nearly the eccentric that Tesla was.
That crow will find out anyway if you tell her no.
>> No. 4434
[ ] Try to find out the history of your leg while being appropriately vague on the incident.
>> No. 4435
[ ] Try to find out the history of your leg while being appropriately vague on the incident.
>> No. 4436
Don't really care about the bone's history, but I don't like agreeing unconditionally. Make me an offer, Aya. Owing me one is fine too.

[x] "What's the story worth to you?"
>> No. 4437
>>4428
>If Tesla would have been a disaster, what about Edison?

A high-strung, bipolar workaholic.
>> No. 4438
[x] "I've been in fevered coma for the last 17 hours, and I'm filthy. There wouldn't happen to be a hot spring around here, would there? You can interview me afterwards."

We obviously need to hive Nitori some alone time, but we can't just lounge around the house.
>> No. 4439
[X] Agree. It might be good to get this off of your chest.

Faced with a show of genuine emotional baggage, Aya will be stunned, because no one ever shares their real feelings with her. She'll be so overwhelmed that she won't know what to do besides help us.
>> No. 4440
[X] Agree. It might be good to get this off of your chest.
>> No. 4442
>>4436

Bill: So, what's the story worth to you?
Aya: lol i wotn' blackmail u if u spill

[X] Try to find out the history of your leg while being appropriately vague on the incident.
>> No. 4443
>Faced with a show of genuine emotional baggage, Aya will be stunned, because no one ever shares their real feelings with her. She'll be so overwhelmed that she won't know what to do besides help us.

THIS SHIT WILL NEVER WORK
>> No. 4444
[X] Agree. It might be good to get this off of your chest.

I am spilling my heart to the moe tenguw.
>> No. 4445
>>4442
She's got nothing on us, except for possibly embarrassing photos of Hina and Nitori. At any rate, I wouldn't cave to such blackmail anyway, since it's annoying.
>> No. 4446
[X] Agree. It might be good to get this off of your chest.
>> No. 4447
[ ] Try to find out the history of your leg while being appropriately vague on the incident.
>> No. 4448
[x] Try to find out the history of your leg while being appropriately vague on the incident.
>> No. 4449
[X] Agree. It might be good to get this off of your chest.
>> No. 4450
[x] "I've been in fevered coma for the last 17 hours, and I'm filthy. There wouldn't happen to be a hot spring around here, would there? You can interview me afterwards."

I like this.
>> No. 4459
[X] Agree. It might be good to get this off of your chest.

[X] But promise to squash her like a bug if she lets anything out.

THIS SHIT WILL NEVER WORK.

or maybe a small percentage.
>> No. 4461
[x] "I've been in fevered coma for the last 17 hours, and I'm filthy. There wouldn't happen to be a hot spring around here, would there? You can interview me afterwards."

Going with the write-in. Even if Aya fucks us over, we'll at least kill some time and get a bath out of it.
>> No. 4463
[x] Try to find out the history of your leg while being appropriately vague on the incident.

You could just tell her, but it’s likely that she would distort it into something worse than it already is. You’d rather not say anything to her. However... she could have useful information. Her knowledge of people likely extends to everything in Gensokyo, if it’s as small as it seems to be. She likely knew whatever youkai owned this leg.

“Well,” you say, “I could tell you, but it’s not very interesting.”

She raises an eyebrow. “Oh? What do you mean?”

“We were running a test on my leg.” You say. It’s not exactly a lie. “The testing was delicate, and we didn’t want any disturbances.” You get the feeling that flashing a smile here would work to optimal effect, so you do so. “Like, for instance, a noisy reporter breaking in and asking everyone questions about something. Anyway, I was unconscious for the whole thing, so I’m just out getting some fresh air.”

The presentation was done to the best of your ability, based on what you know about Aya. It should have worked. Aya doesn’t seem to have had any visible reaction, so you continue.

“One of the things we couldn’t figure out was what type of youkai it came from. That was the main goal of the test, as we think its interfering with something.” Feigning an idea, you add. “I don’t suppose you would know if I described it’s powers, would you?”

She looks at you, a smile across her face. “I might... if you weren’t lying to me.” She laughs. “Come on. What really happened?”

The inspiration locked away in the back of your head begins to pulse, trying to break free. You could win this battle of wits easily, if you were to just let it out. It would be a very trivial matter.

[ ] Mental overdrive engage. You will not give in to a nosey tengu.
[ ] "I've been in fevered coma for the last 17 hours, and I'm filthy. There wouldn't happen to be a hot spring around here, would there? You can interview me afterwards."
[ ] Agree. It might be good to get this off of your chest.
>> No. 4465
[x] Agree. It might be good to get this off of your chest.

Based on what happened last time it seems like we're supposed to avoid mental overdrive. It makes us lose rationality, we could end up saying something that would come back to bite us in the ass later if we use it here. Also, Agreeing to an interview after we bathe will just lead to her taking more photos of us naked.
>> No. 4466
[ ] Mental overdrive engage. You will not give in to a nosey tengu.
>> No. 4467
[ ] Agree. It might be good to get this off of your chest.

We cannot become reliant on this leg of ours.
>> No. 4469
[+] "I've been in fevered coma for the last 17 hours, and I'm filthy. There wouldn't happen to be a hot spring around here, would there? You can interview me afterwards."
Thanks for making this an official option.
It will look like an obvious stall, but it should work.
>> No. 4472
[+] "I've been in fevered coma for the last 17 hours, and I'm filthy. There wouldn't happen to be a hot spring around here, would there? You can interview me afterwards."
>> No. 4473
[X] "I've been in fevered coma for the last 17 hours, and I'm filthy. There wouldn't happen to be a hot spring around here, would there? You can interview me afterwards."
>> No. 4474
[X] Agree. It might be good to get this off of your chest.

The path of least resistance. Sometimes you don't have to be verbose and witty. Sometimes being honest is enough.
>> No. 4475
[X] Agree. It might be good to get this off of your chest.

Honestly has worked before; it will likely work here as well. Aya lived up to her side of the deal last time, and remember; you cannot escape the crow.
>> No. 4476
>>4475

What are you talking about? She's the reason Reimu found where we were in the first place.
>> No. 4478
>>4476

Actually, no one ever said she's the reason why reimu found us. She wrote about us, but didn't reveal our location. Reimu tend to get to the bottom of things on her own, usually; she likely did the same this time.
>> No. 4480
[+] "I've been in fevered coma for the last 17 hours, and I'm filthy. There wouldn't happen to be a hot spring around here, would there? You can interview me afterwards."
>> No. 4481
Sleep, followed by updates tomorrow. I've got stuff going on tomorrow, so it might be later in the day, but I will try to get at least one or two in.
>> No. 4482
[X] "I've been in fevered coma for the last 17 hours, and I'm filthy. There wouldn't happen to be a hot spring around here, would there? You can interview me afterwards."

It's bathtime in /youkai/.
>> No. 4495
[X] Agree. It might be good to get this off of your chest.
>> No. 4499
[X] Now this is the story all about how...
>> No. 4500
[x] "I've been in fevered coma for the last 17 hours, and I'm filthy. There wouldn't happen to be a hot spring around here, would there? You can interview me during."

Why not? Didn't stop her before.
>> No. 4502
[X] Agree. It might be good to get this off of your chest.
>> No. 4503
[x] "I've been in fevered coma for the last 17 hours, and I'm filthy. There wouldn't happen to be a hot spring around here, would there? You can interview me during."

Why not? Didn't stop her before.
Just do it.
>> No. 4505
[x] "I've been in fevered coma for the last 17 hours, and I'm filthy. There wouldn't happen to be a hot spring around here, would there? You can interview me during."

Haha, oh wow. Changed my mind and decided to vote for this because we may have a chance to display our nudism. If she's going to get the info either way, may as well mess with her a bit.
>> No. 4506
[x] "I've been in fevered coma for the last 17 hours, and I'm filthy. There wouldn't happen to be a hot spring around here, would there? You can interview me afterwards. Or during, you creepy voyeur."
>> No. 4509
>>4503
>>Why not? Didn't stop her before.
>Just do it.

Could you quote properly?
Just pasting what I said is making me think I've got some MPD going on, or something.
>> No. 4512
[x] "I've been in fevered coma for the last 17 hours, and I'm filthy. There wouldn't happen to be a hot spring around here, would there? You can interview me afterwards.
>> No. 4514
[x] "I've been in fevered coma for the last 17 hours, and I'm filthy. There wouldn't happen to be a hot spring around here, would there? You can interview me afterwards.

You sigh, pushing away the impending inspiration. It seems somewhat... ironic... that a scientist, such as yourself, should be forced to remain in ignorance out of fear for his sanity. Perhaps this is another side effect of the leg? Being impulsive? It seems avoiding situations like this might be better for a while. Outwitting Aya would be fun, but it would be a terrible idea. Perhaps another time, after you learn to deal with your new mind better.

Aya continues to stare at you, expecting an answer. You take a deep breath... and are greeted with the smell of your own body. It's pretty disgusting, but makes sense. It's not like you've been able to find a stick of deodorant, and you were sweating all night. An idea comes to mind. Japan is one of the countries known for it's hot springs, and that would feel much better than the river would.

"I've been in fevered coma for the last 17 hours, and I'm filthy. There wouldn't happen to be a hot spring around here, would there? You can interview me afterwards.” Pausing, you add. “Or during, you creepy voyeur."

Aya laughs. “You promise? I don't want you running away afterwards.”

You nod. “It might be good to get this out. But, right now, I need a little time to think.”

“Sounds serious.” She says, giving you an understanding nod. “Normally, we could just go up to the Moriya shrine, but I don't think they'd appreciate us barging in this early in the morning. Let's see...” She seems to be thinking about something. “Using the ones owned by the Tengu are out of the question, too. Although... I think there's an undeveloped one up the mountain a little ways.” She smiles. “Are you up for a little flight?”

Flying hasn't caused you any difficulty so far, so there's no reason to assume it will now. “Sure.” You shrug. “How far is it?”

“Not very far.” She says, grinning. “Shall we?”

You assume the stance, preparing to fly.... but, something tells you that you don't need to any longer. You simply rise into the air, under your own power.

“Cool.”

Aya has risen up beside you. “Did you say something?”

“No, not really,” You say, “Lead the way, Aya.”

She nods, and then dissapears in a blur. You simply stare, dumbfounded. What...

“Oh, sorry about that.” Aya says from behind you, about 15 seconds later. Her voice is as smug as ever. “I forgot that you're so slow. Anyway, it's still there. The spring, that is.”

You turn around, and sigh. “That's good to know. But leaving like that is rude, isn't it?”

She gives another laugh, completely avoiding answering. “Come on. I'll show you the way.”

She flies ahead, this time at a more leisurely speed. You're able to follow this time without too much trouble. She leads you across the river, veering off into a more desolate part of the mountain slope. You seem to be following a small trickle of a tributary. After about 10 minutes, you notice a small dark spot below you. Aya descends, and you follow. The pool is surrounded by a step slope on almost all sides, with only a small spot on one edge for you to land. There's steam rolling gently off of the water, and you can feel the heat from here. Reaching down to touch it, it seems to be fairly warm.

“So,” She asks, “Is this a good payment?”

You nod. “This'll feel great. I'll have to remember how to get here.”

“Good. Now, turn around.”

“Why? You aren't going to...”

A big grin spreads across her face. “Of course I'm going in. It's dark enough that you won't be able to see anything after I get into the water, even if you tried.” Her face becomes serious... or rather, serious for Aya. She still looks like she's playing some kind of game, but it's toned down a bit from usual. “Now, turn around, so I can get undressed.”

[ ] “This... wasn't part of the deal, Aya. I wanted a bath. Alone.”
[ ] Turn around.
[ ] Don't turn around. See what she does.
>> No. 4515
[ ] Turn around.

She's asking us not to. Might as well respect her wishes.
>> No. 4516
[λ] Don't turn around. See what she does.
say:

[λ] “This... wasn't part of the deal, Aya. I wanted a bath. Alone.”
>> No. 4517
[ ] Turn around.
>> No. 4518
[X] Turn around.

Bill is a decent guy like that.
>> No. 4519
[x] Turn around.
>> No. 4520
[X] Don't turn around. See what she does.

She's played with us enough, time to play her back a little.
>> No. 4521
[X] Turn around.
>> No. 4522
[X] Turn around.

>Or during.
Not like we weren't asking for it.
>> No. 4523
[X] Turn around.

Might as well.
>> No. 4524
[X] Turn around, but use PERIPHERAL VISION
>> No. 4525
[X] Don't turn around. See what she does.
>> No. 4526
Updates?
>> No. 4527
[x] Turn around.

No sense fighting it. Aya seems pretty intent on getting in the hot spring with you, and it seems large enough. You turn around, giving Aya her privacy.

“Oh?” She asks, seemingly disappointed. “I thought it was going to take more than that.”

You chuckle a little bit. “Not tonight, Aya. It's been a rough day.”

You, too, begin to strip down. It'll be quicker this way. Smelling your clothes, you wish you had grabbed a pair before walking off. It's not like you really had the time to, with boredom seeping into your mind, but still...

The two of you undress in silence. It's really a beautiful night outside. Eventually, you hear the sound of something entering the spring. “Ok,” Aya says, “It's safe.”

Safe? She makes it sound like her body is dangerous. Perhaps to normal men, it is, but you're hardly normal anymore. You turn towards the pool, and find Aya immersed up to her shoulders. She was right; you really can't see anything. You move your mechanical leg into the water first, since it cant burn. It's like a nice hot tub. The rest of your body follows... but it's deeper than you had thought. You slip under the water.

After managing to panic swim your way back to the top, you're greeted by Aya's giggling. “You should watch that first step. It's a real doozey.”

“Thanks for warning me beforehand, Aya,” You reply, trying to sound as sincere as possible. Sarcasm is better that way. “You really helped me out.” swimming your way back closer to the shore, you find no easy spot to sit on.

“Don't mention it,” She says, still laughing.

“Is there another shallow spot over there?” You ask, unable to see. “Treading water to take a bath isn't as relaxing as sitting in one.” Then, something clicks in your brain. Perhaps you could simply exert an upward force on yourself, similar to flight? It works. “...never mind.”

You sit in the bath with your eyes closed for a long time. It's definitely calming. The worries that you had seem to simply melt away, not seeming so urgent. Not needing to be thought out. You decide it would be better to talk to Aya while in the spring. Mainly because she can't write stuff down on that pad of paper of hers, but also because leaving the spring would be unpleasant.

Upon opening your eyes, you find that Aya seems to have also been relaxing, as her eyes are also closed. Perhaps she's tired? Nitori gave you the idea that youkai don't need to sleep, but... well, she had been on a stakeout all night.

“So, I promised you a story.” You say, finally breaking the silence. Aya's eyes open, but not in the predator-like fashion you were expecting. “I think I'll tell it now. I don't think I'll want to leave the spring for a while.”

“...a sneaky trick, Bill.” She says, narrowing her eyes in fake disdain. “Getting me away from my pen and paper so that I wouldn't be able to write a proper story? I have a better memory than most, it won't work.” She laughs. “But, I guess you won't tell it twice. Go on.”

She's... incredibly sharp. As expected from a good reporter. You smile a bit.

“I'm not sure it'll make a good news story, anyway,” You say, honestly believing this. It would make a better sci-fi story, if anything. “I don't think people would believe it.”

“Oh?” She asks, more curious than before. “Try me.”

[ ] Tell the story, but lie about the ending. Conveniently forget to mention the part about Nitori not wanting to see you.
[ ] Tell the story, in full. No real sense lying, It's not like people read Aya's paper for the truth.
[ ] Tell the story, but leave off the ending. You simply wanted to get some fresh air.
===========================
Last update for tonight. This whole week is going to be busy for me, so expect the updating schedule to be a lot like todays.
>> No. 4528
[ ] Tell the story, but leave off the ending. You simply wanted to get some fresh air.
>> No. 4529
[X] Tell the story, in full. No real sense lying, It's not like people read Aya's paper for the truth.

They don't. And, hey, we might get some good advice out of it.
>> No. 4530
[ ] Tell the story, but leave off the ending. You simply wanted to get some fresh air.
>> No. 4531
[ ] Tell the story, but leave off the ending. You simply wanted to get some fresh air.
>> No. 4532
[X] Tell the story, but lie about the ending. Conveniently forget to mention the part about Nitori not wanting to see you.

She can find something else to shove in her gossip rag.
>> No. 4533
[x] Tell the story, in full. No real sense lying, It's not like people read Aya's paper for the truth.

As stated, no one is going to believe her sensationalistic tabloid, and Aya herself might have some good advice for us. She's over 1000, isn't she? I imagine she has some good relationship advice in there somewhere.
>> No. 4534
[X] Tell the story, in full. No real sense lying, It's not like people read Aya's paper for the truth.

Because lying has worked well so far, and because aya is clearly gullible enough to believe whatever we make up.
>> No. 4535
[X] Tell the story, in full. No real sense lying, It's not like people read Aya's paper for the truth.
>> No. 4537
[X] Tell the story, in full. No real sense lying, It's not like people read Aya's paper for the truth.
>> No. 4538
[X] Tell the story, in full. No real sense lying, It's not like people read Aya's paper for the truth.
>> No. 4539
[X] Tell the story, in full. No real sense lying, It's not like people read Aya's paper for the truth.
>> No. 4541
[x] Tell the story, in full. No real sense lying, It's not like people read Aya's paper for the truth.

Bunbunmaru newspaper? Truth?
lolwut.
>> No. 4542
[Z] Tell the story, in full. No real sense lying, It's not like people read Aya's paper for the truth.
Trusting the judgement of the HiveMind.
>> No. 4543
[X] Tell the story, but leave off the ending. You simply wanted to get some fresh air.
>> No. 4544
[x] Tell the story, in full. No real sense lying, It's not like people read Aya's paper for the truth.
She'll find out anyway.
>> No. 4545
[x] Tell the story, in full. No real sense lying, It's not like people read Aya's paper for the truth.

“Well, it started like this. After breakfast today...”

You summarize the events leading up to this point. How you've managed to augment yourself by entering a coma for nearly three-quarters of a day after telling everyone you would be fine. You mention at the end that the reason for the walk was because you were told that Nitori was mad, and that you didn't doubt it. Aya listens diligently to the whole thing, without making a single witty comment.

You feel better. You'd spend time to pinpoint why, find some logical reason... but, there will be time for that later. Reveling in the feeling now seems like a better option.

“So,” You finally say, concluding your story. “That's it. The end.”

You close your eyes, returning to the complete serenity of the spring. The rest of this conversation doesn't matter too much, so you're going to try and take it easy. “Pretty stupid, huh? I've got no idea what to do, and if I try to figure it out, my mind might explode.”

You sit in silence for a few minutes. Eventually, Aya speaks up. “You were right.”

“Hmm?”

“About this not making a good news story.” She gives an uneasy laugh. It's obvious she's uncomfortable now. “It's too... depressing. I don't think people would like it.”

You just nod your head, trying to not worry about the whole thing too much. The spring is too relaxing. The silence returns. You're rather enjoying it, but you're not sure about Aya.

After a few minutes, she says something else, her voice filled with eagerness. “You know what WOULD make a good story, though? If this whole thing ended happily. If the guy got his gal, and you managed to save the world in the process.”

“It does seem like some comic book, doesn't it?” You ask, rhetorically. “A happy ending would be great. Do you have any brilliant ideas?”

“Well...” she pauses, leaving you wondering. “I have a few, actually. It's normally against my policy to provide information for free, but...” She sighs. “You're totally killing the mood. Lighten up, OK?”

You sigh. “Self-loating is so easy, though. Isn't the story payment enough?”

“Nope. I would have gotten that anyway.” She laughs.

She's right. You imagine that being around you is pretty depressing at the moment. You give in. “I'll try.” Then, opening your eyes, you give her a smile. “So, lay it on me.”

She laughs. “Well, how much do you like Nitori? The solution's different depending on what you want to achieve, you know. And, as an added bonus,” She throws you the first sincere grin you've seen all night, “I'll keep the rest of this conversation a secret. The full story will sound better that way, you know?” Laughing again, she adds, “I can play it off as your own idea. The readers'll love that.”

[ ] “I think I love her.”
[ ] “She's a great friend, and a wonderful colleague.”
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 4546
[Z] “She's a great friend, and a wonderful colleague.”
[Z] “I think I love her.”
>> No. 4547
Relationships with Nitori?

[x] "Well...I'd like to think there's some chemistry between us."
>> No. 4549
[ ] "Well...I'd like to think there's some chemistry between us."
[ ] "But really I think I love her"

Aya asks a serious question, we should give her a serious answer after our joke
>> No. 4550
[x] "Well...I'd like to think there's some chemistry between us."
[x] "But really I think I love her"
>> No. 4551
[x] "Well...I'd like to think there's some chemistry between us."
[x] "But really I think I love her"

Changing my vote.
>> No. 4552
[x] "Well...I'd like to think there's some chemistry between us."
[x] "But really I think I love her"
[x] "...So what am I so afraid of?
I'm afraid that I'm not sure of a love there is no cure for."
>> No. 4553
[ ] When we met, I think she just thought of me as a science experiment. But now...I'd like to think there's some chemistry between us."
[ ] "But really I think I love Hina THE GAMEwhy are you still reading these?
>> No. 4555
[x] "Well...I'd like to think there's some chemistry between us."
[x] "But really I think I love her"
>> No. 4556
[x] "Well...I'd like to think there's some chemistry between us."
[x] "But really I think I love her"
>> No. 4557
[x] "She's a great friend, and a wonderful colleague."
[x] "...And I'm probably in love with her."
>> No. 4558
[x] "Well...I'd like to think there's some chemistry between us."
[x] "But really I think I love her."

Because I'm easily amused by the chemistry joke.
>> No. 4559
>>4547
>>4549
>>4550
>>4551
>>4552
>>4553
>>4555
>>4556
But we said ourselves we're not a chemist so yeah
Plus, we already Ultros'd once.

[x] "She's a great friend, and a wonderful colleague."
[x] "...And I'm probably in love with her."
>> No. 4560
>>4559
>But we said ourselves we're not a chemist so yeah

Hence the preface.
>> No. 4561
[+] "She's a great friend, and a wonderful colleague."
[+] "...And I think I'm in love with her."
Drop the "probably". This is the time to be decisive.
>> No. 4562
File 121686917128.jpg - (111.59KB , 650x418 , 1215297143073.jpg ) [iqdb]
4562
[+] "She's a great friend, and a wonderful colleague."
[+] "...And I think I'm in love with her."

HINA ROUTE. WE WILL HAVE IT NEXT PLAYTHROUGH.
>> No. 4563
>>4562
Sounds familiar...

[X] "She's a great friend, and a wonderful colleague."
[X] "...And I think I'm falling in love with her."
>> No. 4564
[x] "Well...I'd like to think there's some chemistry between us."
[x] "But really I think I love her"

"Well...” You pause. “I'd like to think there's some chemistry between us."

Aya doesn't laugh at the pun. She either didn't get it, or it was too terrible.

“...but, to be serious, I think I love her.” You say, sighing. “We seem to have hit it off pretty well. I don't think I've ever met anyone quite like her, before. And, before I messed everything up, I think she felt the same.”

“Ooooh, so that's how it is, huh?” Aya gives you a wink. “Well, I think I can help you out. Perhaps it'd be good if she caught you with a naked woman, in a hot spring?” She laughs, looking at something behind and above your head. “That'd make her jealous, and she'd come crawling right back. Isn't that right, Nitori?”

You spin around, your adrenaline pumping. Aya has to be joking, right? You find nothing, and turn back to Aya. She's laughing.

“...Aya. I'm being serious.”

She tries to stop laughing, but is mostly unsuccessful. “I'm...” snicker. “...sorry. It was just too perfect. I don't get to mess with people too often, you know?”

You wonder why. Between her paper, and things like this...

She seems to notice your displeased look. “Seriously though? Just go down and talk to her. If I know Nitori, she's probably been beating herself up for being too shy, or something like that. Self-loathing transformed into hate, you know?” She gives you a wink. “Talk to her, let her vent some frustration, and she'll melt like putty in your hands.”

“That... will actually work?” You ask, running the simulation of the possible conversation in your head. It might, but...

“Yep.” She nods. “I've known Nitori for a long time. Any time she does something like this, like...” a smile spreads across her face, “like that time she was asked to tinker with a tengu... ah, something.” She frowns. “It's a secret. Anyway, it blew up, taking out the... thing, and the mining passage it was in.” She laughs. “It was quite the sight. Nitori ended up sulking around her cave for nearly three months, chasing away people that came to see her.” If you were able to see her chest, she would definitely be puffing it out. “I, of course, rescued her by showing up and giving her someone to vent her frustration on.”

You've got a bad feeling about this. “You didn't... print her rant, did you?”

“Ehehehe...” She laugh, confirming your suspicions. “A-anyway, there are other instances where I wasn't involved.” Aya gives you a confident nod. “I'm sure it'll work, if she likes you enough.”

She's right. You should go see Nitori. Armed with the Aya's confidence in a potential solution, you feel much better.

“Thanks, Aya.” You say, making your way further towards the edge of the pool. You're feeling refreshed, so the spring has served it's purpose.

Looking back at Aya, she seems to be wearing an odd expression. Perhaps she isn't used to being thanked? You make your way out of the pool, and come to a startling realization; you didn't bring a towel. Looking around, it seems that Aya hadn't either.

“Uh...” you ask, confused. “How are we supposed to dry off? The bath was great, but...”

Oh, right. Aya can fly incredibly fast. She could probably just dress and dry her clothing in flight.

“That wasn't part of the deal,” Aya says, laughing. “You asked for a spring, not towels. I don't need one, so it sort of slipped my mind.”

[ ] “Would you mind, uh... getting me one? I can't get dressed like this.”
[ ] Wet clothes are fine. You're going to have to change when you get back to the cave, anyway.
>> No. 4565
>>4564

[ ] Wet clothes are fine. You're going to have to change when you get back to the cave, anyway.
>> No. 4566
[x] Fly in the nude while humming the Superman theme.
>> No. 4567
File 121687507952.jpg - (51.21KB , 640x581 , yatta.jpg ) [iqdb]
4567
[X]Fly in the nude while humming Yatta!
>> No. 4569
[ ] Wet clothes are fine. You're going to have to change when you get back to the cave, anyway.
>> No. 4570
[ ] Wet clothes are fine. You're going to have to change when you get back to the cave, anyway.
>> No. 4571
Sleepan gaems. Updates tomorrow sometime.
>> No. 4572
[ ] Wet clothes are fine. You're going to have to change when you get back to the cave, anyway.

Wear the pants, carry the other stuff.
>> No. 4573
>>4570
[z] “Would you mind, uh... getting me one? I can't get dressed like this.”
>> No. 4574
[x] Wet clothes are fine. You're going to have to change when you get back to the cave, anyway.

Pshh, what's a little dampness.
>> No. 4576
[ x ] Wet clothes are fine. You're going to have to change when you get back to the cave, anyway.
>> No. 4577
File 12169391966.jpg - (108.24KB , 400x315 , stupid sexy snake.jpg ) [iqdb]
4577
>You spin around, your adrenaline pumping. Aya has to be joking, right? You find nothing,

Optic camouflage?

[X] Wet clothes are fine. You're going to have to change when you get back to the cave, anyway.
>> No. 4578
File 121694233578.gif - (130.39KB , 594x402 , 1215146229576.gif ) [iqdb]
4578
>>4577

DAT ASS
>> No. 4579
[x] Wet clothes are fine. You're going to have to change when you get back to the cave, anyway.

“I guess you're right. “You sigh. “We'll, here's to hoping I make it back to the cave before I freeze. I don't know if you can feel it, but... it's pretty cold out tonight.”

“I didn't even notice,” Aya says, turning away from you. You guess she doesn't feel like staring at your manhood. “Youkai don't really feel temperature like humans do.”

A puzzling comment. You're a youkai, aren't you? This question demands more thought... but later, since there is no mistaking it; it's cold outside. This is no time to flex, so you'll have to make do without that. You turn around and begin to change

You throw on your clothes, an action that proves difficult due to the wetness of your body. The clothes keep sticking to everything, and it's not nearly as swift you would normally dress. After all's said and done, you can already begin to feel the warmth from the springs waters start to leave you due to evaporation. Getting back to the cave before you freeze is beginning to take higher priority in your mind.

“Farewell, Aya. I need to get out of here before my body temperature drops too much.” You say, turning around to face her. “I'd invite you over later to see the results of your advice, but...” You sigh. “Something tells me you'll find out, anyway.”

She laughs. “Right.” Giving you a Vulcan 'V' hand, she adds “Live long, and prosper.”

You do a double take. How could she... well, literature slips into gensokyo from time to time, it seems. Kourindou was full of outside world stuff, including a few books. Perhaps she picked something up there. It would make sense for a journalist to read different styles of writing.

You leap into the air, taking flight under your own power. Giving her one final goodbye, and another thanks, you take flight. It should be easy enough to find your way back. Looking at your watch, you can see it's been almost an hour since you left the cave. You hope that Nitori didn't come looking for you while you were out.

The wind flowing through your clothing feels... terrible. It's cold. A cold autumn night, and you're flying around in wet clothes. It's not the best idea, and you can feel your nose beginning to run from the chill. You'll have to ask someone the specifics about youkai and temperature resistance later.

After you make it back to the cave, you head inside. “Hello?” You yell, not wanting to disturb anyone. “Anyone here?”

No answer. Either they're all downstairs or waiting in ambush somewhere. You head to your room, and enter it, fishing some clothes out of the pile on the floor. You really should put these in a dresser, but...

It looks like you'll need to do some laundry soon. You head out into the hallway, half expecting for at least Hina to come up to you, but... no one does. You head down to the lab, going at a slow pace. This is going to suck. Hopefully, it'll be worth it in the long run, but... it's going to suck. Big time.

You make it to the bottom of the stairs, emerging into the cavern. Off in the distance, you see Hina and Nitori talking. Takiko is messing with something on the workbench, but you can't make out what it is from here. You walk closer, adrenaline coursing through your veins. You can't mess this up. It's a flashback to the days when you used to feel this whenever talking to anyone... and, what Nitori probably feels whenever you poke fun at her. A bitter irony, you suppose.

As you continue to walk, Hina notices you first. Her eyes go wide. Judging by the body language of the two, she continues talking to Nitori... but Nitori notices something is up. She turns around to look at you. Her expression is unreadable at this distance. You continue walking closer, swallowing the saliva that seems to have been building up in your mouth. The logical side of your mind is no help here, and all reasoning goes out the window while your emotions are in effect.

Getting closer doesn't seem to help much. Nitori's facial expression is still unreadable.

[ ] “Hi.”
[ ] “I'd like to start off by apologizing. Everything is my fault.”
[ ] “So, I was chatting with Aya in a hot spring, and she said...”
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 4580
[ ] “Hi.”
[ ] “I'd like to start off by apologizing. Everything is my fault.”
>> No. 4581
[ ] “Hi.”
[ ] “I'd like to start off by apologizing. Everything is my fault.”
>> No. 4582
[+] “Hi.”
[+] “I'd like to start off by apologizing. Everything is my fault.”
>> No. 4583
[ ] “Hi.”
[ ] “I'd like to start off by apologizing. Everything is my fault.”
>> No. 4585
[x] "Gentlemen! I have been rebuilt! Better, faster, stronger, more powerful than ever before!"
[x] "I now dub myself the billion dollar man!"
>> No. 4586
[ ] “Hi.”
[ ] “I'd like to start off by apologizing. Everything is my fault.”
>> No. 4587
[x] “Hi.”
[x] “I'd like to start off by apologizing. Everything is my fault.”

You give a slight wave. “Hi.”

Nitori's looks down at the ground with record speed. Her entire body seems to be tensing up, preparing to unleash a blast of frustration on you. You decide to speak first.

“I'd like to start off by apologizing. Everything is my---”

“Stop talking.” Nitori says, her voice seemingly filled with anger. “You aren't Bill.”

Oh, shit. You were right. She does think the leg has changed you into something else. Both Hina and Takiko are watching you now

“Nitori, I swear that---”

“STOP TALKING!” She yells, her voice cracking. You've never seen her this angry before. You flinch a little under the verbal assault. It doesn't seem like anything is going to get through to her. Taking Aya's advice, you decide to shut up and take whatever she wants to throw at you.

“Why did I trust you?” She asks, her voice shaky. “You obviously weren't in the right state of mind.”

“Well, I---”

“It's ok, Bill. I'm sure you're in there somewhere.” She says, now strangely calm. “I've got a solution.” She turns around to where Takiko is hovering, and picks up a strange device. It's long and cylindrical, almost bazooka-like in shape, but silver. There is no hole at the end, only three prongs in the shape of a triangle sticking out. They meet and form a point in the middle. She holds the device at her side, almost like a spear.

Hina's eyes go wide when Nitori does this, but she doesn't say anything. Takiko looks at you and bites her lip.

“Now,” Nitori says, somehow activating the strange device. The end seems to be glowing a faint purple. It definitely looks threatening. “Hold still.”

[ ] Hold still.
[ ] Wait to see what she does. If it's an attack, attack back.
[ ] She's obviously attacking. Try to get in the first strike.
>> No. 4588
Nitori chargin' her lazer?
>> No. 4589
[x] Clench thine teeth.
>> No. 4590
[x] Genuflect
[x] "I'm an idiot. I betrayed your trust and selfishly put my life in jeopardy. I'm sorry."
[x] "And as I cannot live with this dishonor, I will not die honorably!" (commit seppuku)

Well...2 out of 3.
>> No. 4591
>>4590
Dammit, too slow.

[x] Hold still.
Come on suddenly finding out we have an AT Field. Big Money Big Money Big Money No Whammy Big Money....
>> No. 4592
[X] Try and erect some kind of barrier. Or figure out how to counter-bomb really quickly.
>> No. 4593
[ ] Hold still.
>> No. 4594
[X] Wait to see what she does. If it's an attack, run away.
>> No. 4595
[x] Reflect the oncoming blast with your rippling chest.
>> No. 4597
>“Stop talking.” Nitori says, her voice seemingly filled with anger. “You aren't Bill.”

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

[x] Hold still.
>> No. 4598
[ ] Hold still.
>> No. 4600
[ ] "Okay, Nitori. I trust you."
[ ] Hold still.
>> No. 4601
[x] "Okay, Nitori. I trust you."
[x] Hold still.

Little guilt trip if she fucks us up.
>> No. 4602
>>4600
hoHO! Nice touch.
>> No. 4603
[x] "Okay, Nitori. I trust you."
[x] Hold still.

This write-in. I will be voting it.
>> No. 4604
>>4600
The cut of your jib... I like it.
[x] "Okay, Nitori. I trust you."
[x] Hold still.
>> No. 4605
[x] "Okay, Nitori. I trust you."
[x] Hold still.
>> No. 4606
[x] "Okay, Nitori. I trust you."
[x] Hold still.

"I'll turn you back to normal Bill!"
"Okay, Nitori. I trust you."
*BLAST*
"OH GOD I'M DYING NITORI I TRUSTED YOU"
>> No. 4607
[x] "Okay, Nitori. I trust you."
[x] Hold still.
>> No. 4608
UPDATES
>> No. 4609
[+] "Okay, Nitori. I trust you."
[+] Hold still.

*ZAP*
"Well? How did that feel?"
"...if you ever say you're an ally of humans again, you will be lying through your cucumber-flavored teeth." /dead
>> No. 4610
[X] "Okay, Nitori. I trust you."
[X] Hold still.

Best.
>> No. 4611
[x] "Okay, Nitori. I trust you."
[x] Hold still.

Nitori, you're a genius mechanic, but a very poor actress.
>> No. 4612
>>4610

BACK TO WORK
>> No. 4614
[ ] "Okay, Nitori. I trust you."
[ ] Hold still.
>> No. 4615
{X} "Okay, Nitori. I trust you."
{X} Hold still.
>> No. 4616
[x] Hold SHIFT for focused movement.

Dodging her craaaazy "solution". But since that won't win...

[x] Hold still.
>> No. 4617
{X} "Okay, Nitori. I trust you."
{X} Hold still.
Stationary gaems
>> No. 4618
{X} "Okay, Nitori. I trust you."
{X} Hold still.

TRUST OUR KAPPA!