[Return]
Archived thread

File 121605319091.jpg - (177.62KB , 591x720 , fad4cce04dc154ee2106491009733f816173c91e.jpg ) [iqdb]
3896 No. 3896
[x] “So, what do you two think of Aya? I think she’s a dishonest snoop, myself.”
[x] “Hina... I think I know what's causing you such discomfort. Would you mind standing up and backing away from the sofa?"
[x] Expose the nosy tengu. Shout out "HOW NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN MISS SHAMEIMARU! I WOULD NOT HAVE EXPECTED YOU TO SNEAK INTO NITORI'S HOUSE. ANYTHING FOR A STORY, RIGHT?"

You decide to have a little fun before exposing the tengu.

“So...” you begin, starting off dinner conversation, “What do you think of Aya? I think she’s a dishonest snoop, myself.”

Nitori answers. “Aya? I think she’s hilarious, you know? Reading her newspaper is like reading a long joke that tries to pass itself off as serious. It’s good stuff.”

“I’d have to agree,” Hina responds, shifting again, “It’s very amusing. I don’t know of anyone that takes her seriously.”

“I guess my opinion might be biased. I caught her spying on me while I was bathing yesterday. I’ll admit, it was pretty amusing, but... snooping around like that is bound to get her into trouble some day.”

A slight noise. It definitely came from under the sofa. Someone not listening would have passed it off as background noise, but it sounded like a light cough to you. Target confirmed.

Both Hina and Nitori laugh at this. “Really?” Nitori asks, grinning, “I heard that she did that kind of thing, but...” as if suddenly realizing something, she frowns. “Does that mean that... she’s gotten one of... me?”

Hina, too, frowns at this. “Or me? That’s not a pleasant thought.”

“I don’t know. We could ask her, though.” You say, standing up. “Hina... I think I know what's causing you such discomfort. Would you mind standing up and backing away from the sofa?"

Both of them give you a confused look. Hina obliges, standing up and backing away. “What do you mean? She couldn’t be...”

The sofa doesn’t look too heavy. You reach down and tip it back, revealing... well, what you expected. Aya is underneath it, resting on her elbows and knees, pen and paper in hand. She looks at you.

“Ehehehe...”

A little theatrics are in order here. “How nice to see you again, miss Shameimaru! I would not have expected you to sneak into Nitori’s house again. Anything for a story, right?” You try to add a little hint of malice to the last part.

“H-hey, that’s right. You’re still big news, Bill.” Aya shuffles out from under the lifted sofa, and you set it down. “You almost beat Reimu today, didn’t you? I didn’t catch the fight, but I caught her leaving later. It looked like you scored a few hits. Good show!” She reaches over and pats you on the shoulder. “How’d you learn to shoot top-notch danmaku so quickly?”

You don’t answer. Nitori is sitting on her sofa, a fresh look of embarrassment spread across her face. She must have realized that if Aya was here now, she must have been here earlier, while you were flirting with her.

“Well, we could discuss that over dinner, right?” Hina asks sincerely. “I’ve got a few questions for you myself... that is, if everyone else is fine with her staying.”

[ ] Let her stay, unconditionally.
[ ] Let her stay, on the condition that none of it gets printed unless everyone agrees.
[ ] Kick her out.

>> No. 3897
[ ] Let her stay, on the condition that none of it gets printed unless everyone agrees. If she doesn't agree, knock her out with a quick blow to the back of the head. Tie up said nosy tengu and erase her journalistic evidence.
>> No. 3898
[] Let her stay, on the condition that none of it gets printed unless everyone agrees. If she doesn't agree, knock her out with a quick blow to the back of the head. Tie up said nosy tengu and erase her journalistic evidence.
>> No. 3899
[x] Let her stay, on the condition that none of it gets printed unless everyone agrees.

I'd like to make her go fetch the fairy, but somehow I doubt the interaction between them (without Bill present) would end well.

SHAMEIMARU/
>> No. 3900
>[ ] Let her stay, on the condition that none of it gets printed unless everyone agrees.

Haha, yeah. Fat chance. She's gonna lie through her teeth, and if we try to get her back for breaking this vow, all it's going to do is earn us a stalker.

[x] Let her stay, unconditionally.

Clinch those teeth.
>> No. 3902
>>3900

>Clench those teeth

fix'd

[x] Let her stay, unconditionally.

Hmmm, how to say....I guess she wants a challenge, so let's disappoint her so maybe she'll ease up.
>> No. 3903
[ ] Let her stay, on the condition that none of it gets printed unless everyone agrees. If she doesn't agree, knock her out with a quick blow to the back of the head. Tie up said nosy tengu and erase her journalistic evidence.
>> No. 3905
[x] Let her stay, on the condition that she helps keep an eye out for our missing fairy experiment.

Might as well demand something that she'll actually be willing to do. I imagine she has eyes everywhere, so it'd make the search alot easier if our fairy doesn't show up.
>> No. 3906
[x] Let her stay, unconditionally.
>> No. 3907
[ ] Take the man's hand.
>> No. 3908
>>3907
So, are you trying to make yourself disliked around here?
>> No. 3909
[x] Let her stay, on the condition that none of it gets printed unless everyone agrees. If she doesn't agree, knock her out with a quick blow to the back of the head. Tie up said nosy tengu and erase her journalistic evidence.
>> No. 3910
[+] Let her stay, on the condition that none of it gets printed unless everyone agrees.
>> No. 3912
[x] Let her stay, on the condition that none of it gets printed unless everyone agrees.

This is mostly lip service, because even if our conversation is normal, Aya can twist the story into something less than savory (e.g. 'Mad Scientist'). But we may as well get this agreement for leverage, in case something comes up that we don't want Aya to mention at all. Then we can get her to omit what we want her to, or else nothing goes to print.
>> No. 3913
[x] Let her stay, on the condition that none of it gets printed unless everyone agrees.
>> No. 3915
[x] Let her stay, on the condition that none of it gets printed unless everyone agrees.

“I’ve got no problem with that, as long as Aya only prints what we all say she can print.” You say, glaring at her. “Is that a fair trade, Aya?”

She considers it for a moment. Smiling, she turns to you. “You drive a hard barging, Bill. I accept.”

Hina turns to Nitori. “Is this fine with you, as well? It’s your home, after all.”

Nitori manages answer. “I... I guess its fine.”

“Great!” Aya says, sitting down on the sofa. You do the same. “You sure you’ve got enough stew, Hina?” She looks at you, flashing a lopsided grin. “I’d hate to be a freeloader.”

Hina laughs. “There’s plenty, don’t worry.” With that, she starts heading for the door. “I’ll be back with your stew.”

Hina departs, leaving you with Aya and Nitori. Aya turns back to you, smiling again. “So, what happened? Reimu wouldn’t give me an interview, and I didn’t catch the fight. It was you two fighting, right?”

“Yeah.” You say, pausing to eat some stew. “It was pretty intense. I lost to a “counter-bomb” or something... wasn’t that what it was called, Nitori?” You’re responsible for Nitori’s current position, so you decide to help her out of it by including her in the conversation.

Nitori looks up. “Yeah, that’s what happened. It was a spectacular fight.”

“Ooh?” Aya looks surprised. “Reimu was that close to losing? Impressive, impressive!” Then, she stops writing. “... it is OK if I print this, right?”

“Yeah,” you say, “I don’t mind. Do you, Nitori?” She shakes her head. Turning back to Aya, you ask, “Wouldn’t you like the whole story, though?” You look towards Nitori. “You’ll have to help me tell it. I don’t think I know all the proper terms for danmaku fighting yet.”

You start telling the story at the beginning of the fight, carefully leaving out the part about Nitori trying to protect you. It doesn’t really seem prudent to tell Aya that part of the story. You look towards Nitori when you start at the point you do. She nods, giving you approval.

Hina comes back with Aya’s stew after you get a few sentences in, so you start from the beginning. Both you and Nitori take turns telling parts of it, taking breaks to eat some food in-between parts. Aya and Hina both seem to be getting into it, so you try to make it as dramatic sounding as possible. It seems no one reads Aya’s newspaper seriously, anyway, so if someone becomes offended you can just blame it on the reporter. Nitori corrects you at several points. The story ends with you getting knocked unconscious.

“So,” Aya asks, “That’s it? She always demands something from the loser.” She winks at you. “Or did she demand something unmentionable?”

Aya... this woman knows how to get people to talk. “She wanted me to fix the border.” You shrug. “I said that we couldn’t fix it without crossing back over the border. I guess she can only send humans back, because she left shortly after to find someone who could send youkai back, as well.”

Aya seems to think for a bit, and then responds. “That could only be one person. Did she give a name?”

“No.” You answer simply. “I didn’t ask because I wouldn’t know her anyway.”

“Well, it’s definitely Yukari.” Aya says “Watch out for her. Though, I can say that this whole situation just got much more interesting. It’ll make a great article.” She flashes you a smile. “Thanks again, Bill. I can always count on you for an interview.”

[ ] “I’d rather you didn’t.” Get back to eating.
[ ] “Yukari? ... I met a woman with that name in my dream last night. And no, you can’t print that.”
[ ] “Why should I watch out for this Yukari woman? Is she dangerous?”
>> No. 3916
[x] “Yukari? ... I met a woman with that name in my dream last night. And no, you can’t print that.”

Might as well introduce a blatant plot point.
>> No. 3917
[x] “Yukari? ... I met a woman with that name in my dream last night. And no, you can’t print that.”
>> No. 3918
[x] “Yukari? ... I met a woman with that name in my dream last night. And no, you can’t print that.”
This amuses me. Plus, maybe someone will toss us some helpful advice regarding Yukari bothering us.
>> No. 3919
[X] “Yukari? ... I met a woman with that name in my dream last night. And no, you can’t print that.”
>> No. 3920
[ ] “Yukari? ... I met a woman with that name in my dream last night. And no, you can’t print that.”
I am amused.
>> No. 3921
[X] “Yukari? ... I met a woman with that name in my dream last night. And no, you can’t print that.”
>> No. 3922
[λ] “Yukari? ... I met a woman with that name in my dream last night. And no, you can’t print that.”
Yukari? In my dreams? It's more likely than you think.
>> No. 3923
[x] “Yukari? ... I met a woman with that name in my dream last night. And no, you can’t print that.”
Sex dream with Yukari.
>> No. 3924
[+] “Yukari? ... I met a woman with that name in my dream last night. And no, you can’t print that.”
>> No. 3925
[x] “Yukari? ... I met a woman with that name in my dream last night. And yes, you can print that.”

Belief is power. The grander your acts in the eyes of others, the more belief you'll recieve.

And there is a bit of awesome in the dream:
1) We wrested power over the dream world from Yukari.
2) She called herself the "other" protector of Gensokyo.
3) She said we did something terrible to the border, but she didn't know what it was.
4) We challenged her to dream-danmaku to reveal the cause, but our match was interrupted by the fairy alarm clock.
>> No. 3926
[x] “Yukari? ... I met a woman with that name in my dream last night. And no, you can’t print that.”

“Yukari? ... I met a woman with that name in my dream last night.” You pause. “And no, you can’t print that.”

Everyone looks at you after you say this. Perhaps blurting it out like that wasn’t a good idea? Both Hina and Nitori look extremely concerned, while Aya has her usual grin. “What?” You ask. “Is that a bad thing?”

Aya laughs. “It depends. What kind of dream was it?” She asks, a smile creeping across her lips.

“A lucid dream. She wanted some information about the border or something.” You frown. It’s been a busy day, and you’ve forgotten most of it. “I refused, and tried to fight her in a danmaku duel. The dream ended before I could, though, thanks to the fairy.” Eyes go wide all around you. “Again... what? It was just a dream.”

“Bill...” Hina is the one to speak up this time. “Yukari is probably the single most powerful youkai in Gensokyo.”

“Yeah, but, as I said... it was just a dream. Right?” You’re not so sure yourself anymore. “Right?”

Aya takes over. “It probably was, you know. Just a dream, I mean.” She laughs. “Yukari can manipulate any kind of border. Physical, perceived... it doesn’t really matter. The border between her dream and yours is no exception.”

“...what? That makes no sense.” You’ll have to think on this one later. This stew is delicious, and it sounds like you’re hitting on a topic much harder than a metaphysical boundary between fantasy and reality. You doubt any further explanation will do any good, so you decide to push towards something more fun.

“It’s a pretty obscure power, I know.” Aya says, going back to her stew. “But you picked a fight with her?” She’s laughing again. “Even I wouldn’t pick a fight with her... well, again, that is.”

“Again?” You ask, “You’ve fought her before?”

“Not a serious fight, no. I provoked her to get pictures of some of her spellcards for... something.” She smiles at this. “I’d tell you, but it’s a secret.”

“Oh?” An opening! “Like that nude picture collection you’ve got going?”

She freezes.

“That was my question, Aya.” Hina says, speaking up. “How far does this collection extend?”

“I’m curious, too.” Nitori chimes in. “I built that camera, after all.”

Aya lets out as nervous laugh. “I can’t tell you. What I can say is this... push the issue further, and you’ll find out. They’ll be on the front page of my paper tomorrow.” She flashes a positively malicious smile towards them both.

Both Hina and Nitori drop the issue. You decide to, as well. As much as you want to challenge her... no, it’s not worth it. Nitori would probably kick you out if Aya called your calling of her bluff.

The rest of the dinner passes in relative silence, with everyone finishing at about the same time.

“That was delicious, Hina.” Aya says, standing up. “I hate to eat and run, but... I’ve got things to work on.” Then, smiling a crooked smile, she adds, “Maybe we should do this again some time?”

“I wouldn’t mind,” Hina replies, her voice showing obvious restraint.

“I guess it’s interesting to change the routine every once in a while,” Nitori answers. She, too, is just being polite.

“Well, Aya,” you say, motioning towards the door, “I guess that’s your cue to leave. Try not to pull the ‘hiding under the sofa’ trick again.”

“Ehehe... no, that would be too obvious, wouldn’t it?” She smirks, “I’ll try fitting behind a bookcase next time.” Saying that, she makes for the door, pausing before heading out. “Goodnight, everyone!”

Hina leaves as well. There was no tea tonight, as she had forgotten to bring the tea she had bought. After all is said and done, it’s just you and Nitori in the living room.

“Well, Bill,” she says, standing up, “Want to get back to work on those equations? I’ll need detailed specs before I can make what you asked me to earlier. I still don’t really get it.”

[ ] Accept. Back to the lab.
[ ] Decline. Head back to the falls.
[ ] Decline. Write-in.
>> No. 3927
[ ] Decline. An after-dinner walk sounds like the perfect thing. Also, fairy-seeking time.
>> No. 3928
[ ] Accept. Back to the lab.
>> No. 3929
[λ] Accept. Back to the lab.
Fairy will be there in the morning when it's light out.
>> No. 3930
[x] Accept. Back to the lab.
We must further the work of SCIENCE whenever and wherever we can.
>> No. 3931
[88] Accept. Back to the Future.

"1.21 gigawatts to defeat me like Marty McFly / So how could you battle the recipe? / Got rappers sweatin' harder than some retards on Jeopardy."
>> No. 3932
[x] Decline. Head back to the falls.

Fairy~
>> No. 3933
[X] Decline. Head back to the falls.

Damn it, I want my fairy back! We can work after we've found her!
>> No. 3934
[x] Decline. Head back to the falls.
>> No. 3935
[x] Decline. Head back to the falls.
>> No. 3936
[x] Accept. Back to the lab.
We can go looking for the fairy in the morning.
>> No. 3937
>>3936

You say that, but fairy is our alarm clock, and without her we will inevitably wake up late in the day and lose the opportunity to head out in the morning.

[X] Decline. Head back to the falls.

Fairy check is go!
>> No. 3938
[x] Accept. Back to the lab.

The equation you had started earlier has been buzzing around the back of your brain for most of the dinner, just waiting to return to the forefront.

“Sure. I’d like to get this out before going to sleep.”

The two of you return to the lab. The inspiration you felt before has all but faded. It’s... odd, like a fog has settled over what you were trying to accomplish earlier. It simply won’t return from the back of your mind. Eventually, little by little, you’re able to bring it to the forefront, and return to your blackboard, your mind flooded with ideas.

You end up erasing each face of the board countless times to make room for the continuing formula. A crude diagram of a magnetron comes next, with you filling in various geometric equations for the chamber sizes and whatnot. The gears in your brain grind to a halt once you finish. You turn back to Nitori, and find her looking through a pile behind you. It seems she’s finished the newspaper.

“It’s finished.” You say, motioning to the board. She turns around. “This will work. Do you think you can build this?”

She looks it over, asking you to explain a few things. “It’s a bit complex. A bit small, too. It’ll be a challenge, but...” She turns back to you, smiling. “I think I can do it.”

You suddenly feel very tired. “How long was I working on that?”

She gives you a slightly worried look. “About three hours. I didn’t want to disturb you.”

You’re tired. Very tired. You were unconscious for most of the day, but it’s offset by the mental force you were just exerting on the problem in front of you. Your eyes are starting to feel a little dry, and you feel a very slight headache coming on. You wanted to bathe before going to sleep, but at this rate... you don’t think you’d make it for another 15 minutes.

“I’m... going to head to sleep, Nitori. Wake me up when you wake up, OK?”

She laughs. “I don’t sleep when I have a project. We kappa don’t need to sleep.”

“Oh.” You let out a giant yawn. “Well. Do you think you could wake me up around six, then?”

“Sure thing, Bill.” She gives you the ‘OK’ sign with her hand, smiling. “I’ll try not to forget.”

“Right. Goodnight, Nitori.”

“’Night, Bill.”

You leave the lab, head up the stairs, and make it to your room. You don’t even bother to take off your clothes. The moment you lay down on the bed, you know what you must do. You practically fall unconscious the moment you close your eyes, drifting into a deep sleep.

Choose one:
[ ] Left.
[ ] Right.
[ ] Forward.
[ ] Backward.
>> No. 3939
[X] Forward.

To tomorrow and finally finding our fairy.

Fairy~
>> No. 3940
Forgot my 'End of day 2.' Updates tomorrow.
>> No. 3941
[X] Forward.
>> No. 3942
[x] Forward

We must move forward, not backwards. Upwards, not forward. And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards SCIENCE!!
>> No. 3943
[x] Forward

Forward! For it is the direction of progress!
>> No. 3944
[+] Forward.
Our fairy should recognize the watch and come home.
>> No. 3945
[X] Forward.

We're forward, forwards, forward us forward. We're here. We're there. Like a paper trail, showing was was and is. Like a paper trail, if the forwards forwards, going on forever. Line out of bounds. There are no bounds.

Have you ever seen an honest-to-goodness ray? Of course not. But they go on for pieces. Of course, you can't see the head, so you wouldn't know. Just the tail end, rump little dot. Walk forever and never get any clearer. It's better no to start, to head off into an entirely different direction. Forward.
>> No. 3946
[x] Forward

Onward, to victory! It's a shame we won't have our little fairy pal to wake us up.
>> No. 3947
[x] Forward
This is the only path, forward to victory, backwards to death.
>> No. 3948
[x] Left.

RIGHT IS WRONG, LEFT IS RIGHT, THIS WILL BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION.
>> No. 3949
[ ] Backward.
>> No. 3950
[x] Forward.

You sit staring into the test chamber at a large device. Today, your machine will be the first to create anti-matter on a large scale.

“Are we ready for plasma insertion, Dr. Nye?”

You turn towards your colleague, a blue-haired woman in a white lab coat, and nod. The machine whirrs to life, filling the control room with a low hum. You reach for the electric throttle.

The lever is at full power, and the thing seems to be working fine.

“We’ve done it, Dr. Nye. It works.”

Curious, you wonder what would happen if you pushed this wondrous machine beyond its limit. You continue moving the throttle forward, past its maximum point. The machine is billowing smoke.

“... Dr. Nye?”

Farther. It’s almost an unconscious impulse now. You need to see how far you can push this before it breaks.

“... Dr. Nye? Can you hear me?”

Voices aren’t important. This machine is currently operating at 400% efficiency. It's glorious. You wonder how much harder you can push? Nothing else concerns you at the moment.

“... Dr. Nye! Snap out of it!”

You do, but it’s too late to correct the error. The machine blows up in your face, pushing you backwards through the walls of the complex. Something feels... different. Like you’ve changed somehow.

You try to walk away, to find help, but manage to cut your foot on a piece of metal dislodged by the explosion.

Rage fills you. Stupid metal!

Your shirt rips off, and your pants split cleanly along the legs. Strange. They even seem to have taken on a purple tinge, while your skin has become slightly green.

“RRRAAAAAAHHHHHGGG!”

You must smash things. It is your nature. You get as far as punching out the chain-link fence nearby before everything fades to black.

...

...

“...hey, Bill. It’s 6. Are you awake?”

Opening your eyes, you find Nitori staring at you, a cheerful smile across her face. She’s got a towel draped over one shoulder.

“...yeah.” You rub your eyes, adding a sigh. “What a strange dream. You were there, and... I became Lou Ferrigno.”

Nitori laughs. “Who’s that?”

“Some guy you’ve never heard of.” You sit up in bed. “What’s the towel for?”

“Oh, this?” Patting the towel, she answers, “I’m going to go bathe in the river.”

That reminds you. You should clean yourself, as well.

[ ] Ask Nitori if you can join her. Rivers are co-ed, right?
[ ] Ask Nitori if you can use her shower.
[ ] Wait until she gets back, and then go to the river.
>> No. 3951
>[ ] Ask Nitori if you can join her. Rivers are co-ed, right?

Ohohohohoho, why not embarrass Nitori beyond all recognition and maybe give Aya more blackmail fodder than she could ever hope for?


[µ] Ask Nitori if you can use her shower.

A little normalcy would be nice.
>> No. 3952
[] Ask Nitori if you can use her shower.
>> No. 3953
[ ] Ask Nitori if you can use her shower.
>> No. 3955
[X] Ask Nitori if you can join her. Rivers are co-ed, right?

If she turns us down:

[X] Wait until she gets back, and then go to the river.

We need to visit the river and pick up our fairy, damn it.
>> No. 3956
[x] Ask Nitori if you can use her shower.
>> No. 3957
[x] Ask Nitori if you can use her shower.
[x] Unless she wants you to join her. Rivers are co-ed, right?
>> No. 3958
[X] Ask Nitori if you can join her. Rivers are co-ed, right?
If she turns us down:
[X] Wait until she gets back, and then go to the river.

DO WANT the fairy back already, for fuck's sake.

>>3926
>I provoked her to get pictures of some of her spellcards for... something.”
Holy shit, did you just make Shoot the Bullet canon for SCIENCE?

>>3951
>a little normality
fixed for Hardingfaggotry
>> No. 3959
>>3955

I like this.

[x] Ask Nitori if you can join her. Rivers are co-ed, right?

If she turns us down:
[x] Wait until she gets back, and then go to the river.

Come on, just let us go and get our fairy back. We need the little moe lab assistant.

Also, bathing with fairy would be awesome.
>> No. 3960
{X} Ask Nitori if you can join her. Rivers are co-ed, right?
If she turns us down:
{X} Wait until she gets back, and then go to the river.
yay
>> No. 3961
[X] Ask Nitori if you can join her. Rivers are co-ed, right?
If she turns us down:
[X] Wait until she gets back, and then go to the river.
>> No. 3962
[+] Ask Nitori if you can join her. Rivers are co-ed, right?
Teasin' kappa.

When she turns us down (because she's shy, so she definitely will):
[X] Wait until she gets back, and then go to the river.
>> No. 3963
>>3962
Actually, quite the opposite:
She will probably accept.
>> No. 3964
[λ] Wait until she gets back, and then go to the river.
Must find fairy.
>> No. 3965
[x] Wait until she gets back, and then go to the river.

And by "river" I mean "falls". To find the fairy.
>> No. 3966
[X] Ask Nitori if you can join her. Rivers are co-ed, right?
If she turns us down:
[X] Wait until she gets back, and then go to the river.

THE RIVER IS THE NEW SHOWER, gotta give Aya some new material to write about.
>> No. 3967
Awww, I was dead certain the fairy was going to come back to wake us up, that would have been awesome. Oh well...

[X] Wait until she gets back, and then go to the river.
>> No. 3968
[x] Ask Nitori if you can join her. Rivers are co-ed, right?

“Mind if I join you?” You ask, flashing Nitori a grin.

She goes silent, much like you had expected her to.

“What?” You ask, feigning innocence. “Rivers are co-ed, right?”

Silence. You’re about to give in and ask to use the shower instead, but suddenly a smile spreads across Nitori’s face. It’s... definitely a strange smile. You feel like you’ve just stepped into a trap.

“Sure,” she says, turning around and heading for the door. “That’s fine. I’ll meet you out at the river.”

Well, you weren't expecting that. “Right. See you in a bit.”

You hop out of bed and throw on a change of clothes. What was that all about? You guess you’ll find out. You make your way to the bathroom, procure a towel and some soap, and head out the front door of the cave.

Stepping outside, you see that it’s still mostly dark out. The air isn’t too chilly, but the river is going to be. You make your way towards the spot. Upon arriving, you notice Nitori’s clothing on a rock near the shore. Nitori, however, is nowhere to be seen.

“Hey, Nitori? Where are you?”

Then, laughter. The sound is coming from near the shore of the river, but you can’t see anything. You continue looking for a little while, craning your neck left and right. This is some kind of joke. But what could she be...

“Optical camouflage, Bill.” Nitori’s disembodied voice says from somewhere in the river. “You didn’t think I’d come out here normally after what you told me last night about Aya, did you?” More laughter.

“Optical camouflage?” You ask, puzzled, “Is that some kind of cloaking device?”

“Something like that. It’s a localized projection that tried to predict what the area around me looks like.”

It looks to be doing a good job. “You’ll have to draw up the schematics for me later, Nitori. It sounds pretty interesting. Now,” You say, dropping your fresh lab coat and undershirt on the ground. “I need to bathe. This leg isn’t going to short out in the water, is it?”

“Nope. It’s sealed up pre....” You drop your pants. “uh, p-pretty well.”

Throwing your boxers on top of the rest of the clothes, you stride over to the river. “So,” you ask, slipping into the nudist groove, becoming perfectly at ease with the lack of clothes. “How warm is the water?”

“I-it’s...” Her voice trails off.

“What was that?” you ask, craning your head towards the river. “Guess I’ll have to find out for myself.” You dip the ball on your mechanical leg in... and are quite surprised to realize that it feels heat. Or rather, the lack of heat. The river is very cold. You’d go back if it weren’t for the fact that you were already here. Your body follows the leg into the river, and you begin washing up. Suds soon fill the area around you.

“D-does this r-r-river ever get any warmer?” You ask, your teeth chattering.

Nitori must have found a way to calm down, because she manages to respond. The acoustics of the river might be messing with your hearing, but it sounds like she’s turned around. “It’s pretty warm in the summer. You think this is cold?”

“Y-y-yeah... I-I’m not a w-w-water i-imp or an-an-anything.”

She laughs. “I guess that’s true. You should try my shower out sometime.”

You smile... it’s hard to do with your face contorting with shivers. You must bathe faster. “B-b-but t-that’s no f-f-fun...”

Back to silence. You finish washing, and make haste to get out of the river. After drying off, you flex a few times for good measure. It simply wouldn’t feel right without doing so. You throw your clothes back on, and turn back out to look over the river. You still can’t see Nitori.

“Hey,” you ask, “What time is breakfast going to be at?”

“N-not... too long. Maybe a half hour?” She answers. Why is she shaken again? Perhaps she saw your flexing? The idea is almost enough to make you laugh.

“Well, if that’s the case...”

[ ] Go wait in the living room.
[ ] Stay here, talk with Nitori.
[ ] Fly to the falls.
>> No. 3969
[X] Fly to the falls.

Fairy.

As much as I'd like to stay and chat with invisible, naked Nitori, I still want my damn fairy back. Besides, I'm sure we'll have plenty of chances to bathe with Nitori again later, and she won't be quite so invisible at all those times...
>> No. 3970
{X} Fly to the falls.
Fairy checkan gaems
>> No. 3971
[ x ] Stay here, talk with Nitori.
>> No. 3972
[X] Fly to the falls, get our watch back.
>> No. 3973
[x] Fly to the falls.
>> No. 3974
[x] Fly to the falls.

Thing's gotta be regenerated by now, right?
>> No. 3975
[X] Flex more until the shirt rips open.
>> No. 3976
>>3969
>invisible, naked Nitori

Oh God, DO WANT invisible H-scene. Nevertheless,

[X] Fly to the falls.
>> No. 3977
[ ] Fly to the falls.
>> No. 3978
[x] Fly to the falls.
>> No. 3979
[ ] Stay here, talk with Nitori.

She's not going to slip up. May as well forget that idea.

[x] Fly to the falls.

FAIRIES!~
>> No. 3980
[x] Fly to the falls.

“... I think I’ll take a little flight back to the falls.” You crouch down, preparing for takeoff. “See you at breakfast, Nitori.”

You leap into the sky and flip over. Rising above the edges of the river valley, you notice that the sun has already risen. It’s a beautiful sunrise.

The trip up river doesn’t take long. You reach the spot where you left the watch... and, after landing, find it missing. The river valley isn’t that deep here, so the sun is striking the area at a low angle instead of missing it completely. Noticing something shiny a few feet away, you go to investigate.

It’s your fairy, but it appears to be... dead. It’s lying on the ground, unmoving, clutching your watch. You get closer. It doesn’t seem to be breathing. Do fairies even need to breathe? You inch even closer, bending down to look at it. It IS breathing, but very softly. It also has a very faint smile creeping across its face.

[ ] Play along. Be dramatic.
[ ] “Nice try, fairy.”
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 3981
[x]Play along, be dramatic!
[X]"REIMU,I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE FOR HURTING MY FAIRY!"
>> No. 3982
[ ] Play along. Be dramatic.

Oh cruel fate, I am in despair! Reimu cruelly striking down my Fae friend has left me in despair!
>> No. 3984
[X] Play along. Be dramatic.
[X] "She did it. She finally, really did it. YOU MANIAC! YOU KILLED HER! AW, DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!"
>> No. 3985
[x] Play along. Be dramatic.
ALAS, MY DEAR FAIRY HAS BEEN STRUCK DOWN BY A FOUL MAIDEN. I WILL AVENGE YOU, OH FALLEN ONE.
>> No. 3986
[x] Play along. Be dramatic.
[x] My mother risked her life for me. And now you too. I should have saved you.... I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with LIIIGHT!!!"
>> No. 3987
[X] Play along. Be dramatic.
[X] Be sure to plant a kiss on her while ranting.

I want to see her reaction. Love fairy~.
>> No. 3988
[X] Play along. Be dramatic.
WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR
>> No. 3989
[X] Play along. Be dramatic.
[X] Be sure to plant a kiss on her while ranting.

Oh, this.
>> No. 3990
[X] Play along. Be dramatic.
[X] Be sure to plant a kiss on her while ranting.
>> No. 3991
[X] Play along. Be dramatic.
[X] Be sure to plant a kiss on her while ranting.

I'm sorry, but I need to vote like this. The SDM LA is winding down I've been waxing nostalgic about SotN. I loved the fairy familiar, and in a land full of fairies not one single CYOA here has explored that notion of having one as a companion. My hat is off to Klaymen here for even considering it, even if it does bite us in the ass in the end.
>> No. 3993
[x] Play along. Be scary.
[x] "My creature sleeps, laying still on the table, but soon that'll all change. They think I'm crazy, that I'm insane, but after this I will MAKE them recognize my genius!"
[x] Electric Sign- 9 Volts. Jolt her "awake".
[x] "YEES! IT LIVES! IT'S ALIVE! IT'S ALIIIIIIIVE!"
>> No. 3994
>>3993
[x] Play along. Be scary.
[x] "My creature sleeps, laying still on the table, but soon that'll all change. They think I'm crazy, that I'm insane, but after this I will MAKE them recognize my genius!"
[x] Electric Sign- 9 Volts. Jolt her "awake".
[x] "YEES! IT LIVES! IT'S ALIVE! IT'S ALIIIIIIIVE!"

Perfection.
>> No. 3995
[x] Play along. Be dramatic.
[x] Be sure to plant a kiss on her while ranting.
>> No. 3996
[x] Play along. Be scary.
[x] "My creature sleeps, laying still on the table, but soon that'll all change. They think I'm crazy, that I'm insane, but after this I will MAKE them recognize my genius!"
[x] Electric Sign- 9 Volts. Jolt her "awake".
[x] "YEES! IT LIVES! IT'S ALIVE! IT'S ALIIIIIIIVE!"

Very nice.
>> No. 3997
[x] Play along. Be scary.
[x] "My creature sleeps, laying still on the table, but soon that'll all change. They think I'm crazy, that I'm insane, but after this I will MAKE them recognize my genius!"
[x] Electric Sign- 9 Volts. Jolt her "awake".
[x] "YEES! IT LIVES! IT'S ALIVE! IT'S ALIIIIIIIVE!"
>> No. 3998
[x] Play along. Be dramatic.
[x] "RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!"
>> No. 3999
[+] Play along. Be scary.
[+] "My creature sleeps, laying still on the table, but soon that'll all change. They think I'm crazy, that I'm insane, but after this I will MAKE them recognize my genius!"
[+] Electric Sign- 9 Volts. Jolt her "awake". (low voltage AND amperage, please. do not want fairy dead again)
[+] "YEES! IT LIVES! IT'S ALIVE! IT'S ALIIIIIIIVE!"

awesome.jpg
>> No. 4000
{X} Play along. Be dramatic.
{X} Be sure to plant a kiss on her while ranting.
ok
>> No. 4001
[x] Play along. Be dramatic.
[x] Be sure to plant a kiss on her while ranting.

She’s obviously faking it. You decide to play along.

“O, cruel fate!” You yell, falling to your knees. “Why? Why did it have to end like this? I...” You let out a few fake sobs. “I could have saved you! A flame, extinguished... and so cruelly!” Standing up, you slam your fist on a nearby boulder, feigning anger. “Slain by a shrine maiden without so much as a pause! Is a life really worth so little in this land? Never again shall she experience happiness... only the cruel, bitter sleep of death.”

You return to the fairy, slipping back into fake sadness. “How I wish I could turn back the hands of time, to undo what has been done. But alas, that is impossible. This cosmic injustice shall never be undone. I... fair maiden,” You reach down to grab the fairy’s hand. It’s surprisingly tiny, like a baby’s. She flinches, but only slightly. You kiss the back of her hand, and a light blush covers her face. “I am truly sorry. I shall never forget you... for as long as I live. This, I promise you.”

Standing up, you dust off your pants. “So,” you ask, your voice returning to normal, “What’d you think? It’s been a while since I’ve had to make up something like that.”

The fairy opens her eyes and stands up. Dropping the watch, she starts clapping, a smile spread across her face.

“Oh? You liked it?” You bow. “Why, thank you.”

The fairy bends down, scooping up the watch, and flies over to you. She hands the timepiece to you.

“Ah, good,” You say, affixing it back to your arm, “I was hoping I’d get this back.”

Glancing at the time, you notice that you have very little left until breakfast. You almost regret putting it back on. Being exempt from deadlines was pretty awesome.

“Well, Fairy, it looks like we’ll have to hurry back.”

You take off, initiating flip when you’re sure you won’t hit your head on a rock. The fairy silently laughs at you after you do this, trying to imitate your maneuver. It can’t quite pull it off; like a bobber in the water, it doesn’t seem to be able to flip over and stay in that position.

“Looks like I’m better at this than you are.” You laugh. “You should practice more.”

You take off at full blast... but then, realizing that the fairy probably isn’t that fast, you stop and turn around. She’s fluttering as fast as she can, but has fallen behind.

[ ] You must make haste. Fly back and offer her a ride.
[ ] You can be a little late for breakfast, slow down.
[ ] Give her directions, see if she can figure them out.
>> No. 4002
Sleep time. Updates (hopefully longer ones) tomorrow.
>> No. 4003
[ ] You must make haste. Fly back and offer her a ride.

HNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG
>> No. 4004
[ ] You must make haste. Fly back and offer her a ride.
as much as i want to test my fairy i missed her so
>> No. 4007
[ ] You can be a little late for breakfast, slow down.

Awww, don't stomp one her pride, Anon.
>> No. 4008
[ ] You can be a little late for breakfast, slow down.
>> No. 4010
[ ] You can be a little late for breakfast, slow down.
Let's not stomp on the cuet little thing.
>> No. 4011
[ ] You can be a little late for breakfast, slow down.
>> No. 4012
[+] You can be a little late for breakfast, slow down.
>> No. 4013
[ ] You can be a little late for breakfast, slow down.

We need to think up a good name for her if she doesn't already have her own.

lol vote change.
>> No. 4014
[X] You can be a little late for breakfast, slow down.

We should solve her speed issue with SCIENCE. And AFTERBURNERS.
>> No. 4015
[ ] You can be a little late for breakfast, slow down.
>> No. 4017
[X] You can be a little late for breakfast, slow down.

ONCE THE FAIRY-CYBORG IS MASS PRODUCED
>> No. 4018
[ ] You must make haste. Fly back and offer her a ride.

Bill's flight method reminds me of how Woodstock (from the Peanuts comic strip) always flew upside down (I think.)
>> No. 4019
[X] You can be a little late for breakfast, slow down.
[X] Name the Fairy.
>> No. 4020
[ ] You must make haste. Fly back and offer her a ride.
>> No. 4021
[x] You can be a little late for breakfast, slow down.
Spendin' time with the fairy.
>> No. 4022
>>4013
....Onric?
>> No. 4023
>>4022
Wut.
>> No. 4025
>>4022
No. Do not speak of that abomination of fandom here.
>> No. 4026
[ x ] You must make haste. Fly back and offer her a ride.
>> No. 4029
Hmmm....Klaymen, just how fast does this leg take us?

[µ] You must make haste. Fly back and offer her a ride.
>> No. 4030
[λ] You must make haste. Fly back and offer her a ride.
>> No. 4031
[x] You can be a little late for breakfast, slow down.

You can afford to be a little late for breakfast today. Resigning yourself to leftovers, you slow down and wait for the fairy to catch up.

“Sorry about that,” You say, “I forgot you were about a sixth of my size.”

The two of you fly along at a fairy’s pace, heading slowly back towards the cave. Along the way, you decide to hold a conversation consisting of “yes’s” and “no’s”.

“So, do you have a name?”

She nods, but looks a little sad.

“Oh, why the long face?” You pause. “Is it because you can’t tell me?”

Nod.

“Well... can you write? You could write it down for me later.”

She pauses for a minute, than nods slightly. You wonder why she seems so unsure.

You continue throwing questions at her for the remainder of the trip, finding out a little bit more about her. Apparently, she had tried to find you last night, but didn’t know exactly where the cave was. She thought it would be better to wait for you... and then, when you showed up, try to pull a prank. Playing dead wasn’t the prank, but... well, she can’t tell you what was with “yes” and “no” answers. You’re not sure you want to, either.

Reaching the cave, you land and glance at your watch. It’s about 15 minutes later than you had planned to get back.

“Well, I guess we’re a little late,” you say, smiling at the fairy. “I hope they didn’t forget about us.”

You enter the cave, the fairy fluttering behind you, and head for the living room. Opening the door, you find Nitori on one sofa and Hina on the other, both of them with tea cups in hand. They turn to look at you.

“Sorry I’m late.” You say, heading for Nitori’s sofa. “Is there any food left?”

“Oh?” Hina says, smiling, “We didn’t eat yet. We waited for you, Bill.”

“Really?” You ask, taking a seat. You’re not sure you would have done the same. “That’s awfully polite of you. I don’t mind leftovers, you know.”

Hina laughs. “Not really. Well, I’ll go get the food. Will your fairy be eating, Bill?”

The fairy nods, smiling at Hina’s offer.

“It looks like it. Thanks, Hina.”

Hina smiles. “There’s no need for thanks.” She leaves, making for the kitchen.

“So, you finally found her, huh?” Nitori asks, sipping some tea.

“Yeah.” You say, shrugging. “I’m just glad she remembered me.”

Nitori chuckles a bit. “I told you she would be fine, didn’t I?” She turns to the fairy. “It didn’t even hurt, right?”

The fairy shakes her head.

“Still...” you reply, “It didn’t hurt when I got smacked, either. I’m pretty sure that’s because it was an instant knock-out, not because it didn’t really hurt.”

Hina returns with the food. She ends up making multiple trips, bringing back something that resembles an omelet in texture for everyone, with tea cups for you and the fairy and cucumbers for Nitori. The fairy gets a small piece of the omelet thing, and, looking over, you notice that it looks to have been cut off of the end of Hina’s. All four of you dig in. The taste is odd, but delicious.

It’s still a little early for you to get into small talk, so you mostly listen to Hina and Nitori talk about people you don’t know. The tea is helping to wake you up, but you wish you could find some coffee. The river is an effective substitute, but you don’t really want to get hypothermia in the later months.

Eventually, the topic switches away from people and towards personal exploits, and the device you asked Nitori to build comes up.

“So, Bill, I finished that thing you designed yesterday.” Nitori says, sipping some tea. “I didn’t try it out yet, because my intuition says it’s dangerous.”

You laugh. “Yeah, it is... for humans, at least. I don’t know how a kappa would fare under cosmic radiation.”

“So, what will we need for this reactor?” She asks, adding “I didn’t get the specifics before.”

You go over a rough outline of how this new reactor of yours will work. Then... an idea comes to mind. You wonder why this didn’t occur to you before. Perhaps Ruukoto could use uranium-233 for fuel as well?

[ ] Mention it. Ruukoto is more interesting than a new type of reactor.
[ ] Don’t mention it. This reactor of yours could be a huge breakthrough.
>> No. 4032
[x] Mention it. Ruukoto is more interesting than a new type of reactor.

I'm pretty sure this is why we decided to build the thing.
>> No. 4033
[x] Mention it. Ruukoto is more interesting than a new type of reactor.

HELL YEAH RUUKOTO.
>> No. 4034
>>4029

Uh... I'm terrible with gauging speed/distance, so I've been being vague on purpose. Right now he flies somewhere around a fast sprinting speed, so 20~ish mph.
>> No. 4035
[ ] Mention it. Ruukoto is more interesting than a new type of reactor.
>> No. 4036
[λ] Mention it. Ruukoto is more interesting than a new type of reactor.
>> No. 4037
[ ] Mention it. Ruukoto is more interesting than a new type of reactor.
>> No. 4038
[λ] Mention it. Apparently Ruukoto is more interesting than a new type of reactor.
>> No. 4039
[x] Mention it. Ruukoto is why we built the reactor in the first place.

Wasn't she?
>> No. 4040
File 12162389992.jpg - (14.37KB , 320x240 , seymour.jpg ) [iqdb]
4040
>We waited for you, Bill.
>> No. 4041
>>4039
Yeah. >>3171, >>3221, and >>3765 all seem to point to Ruukoto being on the mind, though the reactor apparently produces U-233 instead of the required U-238.

[x] Mention it. Ruukoto is why we built the reactor in the first place.
>> No. 4043
[ ] Mention it. Ruukoto is more interesting than a new type of reactor.
>> No. 4044
[x] Mention it. Ruukoto is more interesting than a new type of reactor.
>> No. 4046
[x] Mention it. Ruukoto is more interesting than a new type of reactor.

“You know... on second thought, maybe we don’t need to build the reactor.” You say, sipping some tea.

“What?” Nitori asks, obviously confused, “Why did you have me build that thing, then?”

“Well... I’ve thought of a better use for it.” You smile. “I wonder if... perhaps Ruukoto can use uranium-233 as fuel? It’s not the right isotope, so it normally wouldn’t work... but maybe her engineers overcame that problem? You shouldn’t be able to fit a viable nuclear reactor in a person, anyway.”

“We could always ask her.” Nitori answers, getting excited at the suggestion. “It would be really cool to get her running again.”

“Yeah.” You say, finishing the last of your omelet. The breakfast was superb. Hina and Nitori have already finished, while the fairy is still working on the last of her tea. “The breakfast was delicious.” You turn to Hina. “My compliments to the chef.”

Nitori chimes in. “It was really good. Thanks, Hina.”

“I still don’t need any thanks, you two.” Hina says, smiling. “But thank you.”

“So, what’re you going to do today, Hina?” Nitori asks.

“I’m going to go perform my duty,” Hina responds, her voice slightly flat. It’s obvious she’s not overjoyed with the idea. “How about you, Nitori?”

“Oh... I don’t know. I haven’t decided yet.” She turns to you. “What do you want to do today?”

You didn’t have anything particular planned, but you could...

[ ] Work on Ruukoto.
[ ] Meet the neighbors. Go scale the mountain.
[ ] Meet the neighbors. Visit the human village.
>> No. 4047
[ ] Work on Ruukoto.

On a side note, we have to tell the fairy that, while we enjoy the occasional prank as much as the next person, pranks in the lab would be a VERY bad idea.
>> No. 4048
[ ] Meet the neighbors. Go scale the mountain.

God meetan' gaems.
>> No. 4049
[x] "The same thing we always do, Bluey. TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!"
[ ] Work on Ruukoto.

It Bluey! It's Bluey and the Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill!
>> No. 4051
[x] Work on Ruukoto.
>> No. 4052
[x] Work on Ruukoto.
A mecha-leg, fairy familiar, and now a robotic servant? Pretty awesome.
>> No. 4053
[ ] Work on Ruukoto.
>> No. 4054
>>4052

All we need to find is the shattered remains of Sigma and we'd be set.
>> No. 4055
[X] Meet the neighbours. Go scale the mountain.
>> No. 4056
>>4046

[x] Work on Ruukoto.

Wait didn't we make the breeding reactor to create uranium 233 out of the thorium 232 we have in the first place?
>> No. 4057
[λ] Work on Ruukoto.
Don't bother meeting the neighbors, those lazy Tengu just bring down property values and steal things.
>> No. 4058
[x] Work on Ruukoto.

...work on Ruukoto. You should check to see if she can use said fuel.

“I think I’ll spend today in the lab. I should get a deuterium source planned out.”

“Oh?” Nitori asks, “I guess I’ll join you, then. My optical camouflage has some bugs that I need to work out, it seems.”

“Bugs? Like, what?”

“I, ah... guess it’s not entirely waterproof.” She blushes a little bit. “It’s a good thing you left when you did, Bill Ahaha!”

“I...see.” You say, trying not to imagine that scene. Trying not to imagine Nitori’s naked body suddenly blinking into view, the look of shock on her face as she realized it, her petit---

“Well,” Hina says, breaking you out of your thoughts. She stands up. “I guess I’ll be off, then. I’ll see you three at lunch?”

“I’ll be here,” Nitori says smiling. Your fairy looks up from its tea and nods.

“I’ll be here, too, Hina.” You give her a smile as she gathers the dishes. ”Good luck with your curse gathering.”

Hina departs, taking all the dishes with her.

“Well, my colleagues,” you say, spreading your arms wide. “Shall we get to work?”

The fairy looks back at you and smiles happily, while Nitori stands up. “Yep! Although...” she looks at the fairy. “Don’t cause any trouble in the lab, OK?”

The fairy nods in response to her question. Why does she listen to Nitori, and not you?

The three of you make your way down to the lab. You head towards the bench with Ruukoto on it, while Nitori heads in the direction of your blackboard. Pushing the switch on Ruukoto’s neck, she comes to life in the same manner as before. This startles your fairy, causing her to hide behind your back.

Ruukoto stands up next to the lab bench and says her greeting. “Start-up complete. Errors, 2. Insufficient Power. Power level critically low. Basic operation mode is in effect.”

“Well... that’s new. How much power do you have left?”

“Approximately 30 seconds.”

That’s... not good. You have little time, it seems, and have to ask your question quickly. The fairy seems to be taking this time to try and get a reaction out of her, playing with her hair.

“Listen, can you also use uranium-233 as a fissionable isotope in your reactor?”

“Yes. U-233 is a suitable fuel source. However, there... is... a.... ch..a...n....”

Her eyes close, and her body goes ridged. She starts to fall forward, but you manage to catch her. The fairy tries to help, but you doubt she’s doing much. Ruukoto is a lot... heavier than you had imagined. The weight almost knocks you over. You manage to tip her back over on to the workbench, and rotate her body to be laying in much the same position she was when you found her.

You sigh. What was she going to say? That answer was pretty verbose for a Ruukoto answer. A chance of what? The only thing that comes to mind is failure, but she wouldn’t have said it was a suitable fuel source if it wouldn’t work, right?

You sigh, and begin the trek to your blackboard. The fairy follows you diligently. The only thing that could make the scene better would be if she was wearing a lab coat. You reach your blackboard, and notice Nitori working on a silver-y object on a nearby bench. It’s about the size of a plate, but not very thick. She’s messing around with something under a flip-up panel.

You get to work on crunching numbers for your new device. This time, it’s a deuterium distillery. You’ve already got an idea for the device you’re going to use to transmute the thorium, and know it won’t take long to build... or convert the stuff, for that matter. Gathering the deuterium could take some time, so it’s better to get this part operational sooner.

You start off by writing what you do know. By pushing yourself, you can bring more brainpower to bear, more college chem memories to the forefront. Eventually you’ve got most of the parts down. It’s time to derive some equations. You get to work, but there’s a tugging on your shoulder. What could it... oh. It’s your fairy.

You chuckle a little bit. “Sorry. Is this boring?”

She nods.

[ ] Try to find her another blackboard to write on.
[ ] Tell her to go see if Nitori needs any help.
[ ] Ignore her. She needs to learn some patience.
>> No. 4059
[] Try to find her another blackboard to write on.

We can find out her name, among other things.
>> No. 4060
>>4056
Up until a few minutes ago, I was under the impression that "reactor" refered to a nuclear device used to produce electricity. Go back into the previous post and change "reactor" to "generator", and it should make sense.

Sorry, once again, for the confusion.
>> No. 4061
[ ] Try to find her another blackboard to write on.
>> No. 4062
[x] Try to find her another blackboard to write on.

Teachan gaems.
>> No. 4063
[X] Try to find her another blackboard to write on.

and
[X] Remind yourself to ask if Nitori has an invention to help the fairy speak/learn speech
>> No. 4064
File 121626131316.jpg - (32.93KB , 480x356 , kirby64_screen009.jpg ) [iqdb]
4064
[x] Try to find her another blackboard to write on.

For some reason I can't unsee this fairy as Ribbon from Kirby 64.
>> No. 4065
[x] Try to find her another blackboard to write on.

'UR A FAGET'
>> No. 4066
[ ] Try to find her another blackboard to write on.

Need a harem consisting of Nitori, Hina, and the yet-to-be-named Fairy.
>> No. 4067
[λ] Try to find her another blackboard to write on. And get her a lab coat.
>> No. 4068
>>4064

She's going to carry us during the final battle when our flight powers prove insufficient to support the combined weight of ourselves and the crystalline artifact of extreme power?

[X] Try to find her another blackboard to write on.

We'll need to sew a small lab coat for her later.
>> No. 4069
I want to build a suit of fairy-sized power armor.
>> No. 4070
>>4064
D'aww...


[X] Try to find her another blackboard to write on.
>> No. 4071
[+] Try to find her another blackboard to write on.
>> No. 4072
[ ] Try to find her another blackboard to write on.

[ ] Find out her name.

Suppose this a good time to ask.
>> No. 4073
[x] Try to find her another blackboard to write on.

“Hey,” You ask, “Would you like your own blackboard? Then you could show me your name.”

The fairy gives you an excited nod.

You laugh. “Great. I’ll go ask Nitori for one.”

You walk over towards Nitori, making sure she sees you. The fairy follows. She’s working with some sort of giant glowing needle as her current tool, and you don’t want to get in her way. You wave to her, and she sets the thing down.

“Hey. Do you know where I can find another blackboard?”

She laughs. “Fill that other one up already? You’re pretty fast.”

“No.” You say, motioning to your little fluttering friend, “She wants one.”

“Oh? That’s kind of cute.” She says, giggling again. “Here. I’ll give you directions.”

She does. It mostly involves what shape the objects in the various piles that you will be passing are. You extend your claws and try running towards your destination. In all the fuss yesterday, you totally forgot to test the land abilities of your leg.

...aside from the fact that it doesn’t get tired, you don’t notice much of a difference. You retrieve one of the blackboards and wheel it back, lining it up beside yours.

“Here.”

You toss a piece of chalk towards the fairy in a gentle underhand lob. She catches it skillfully.

“Could you write me your name?”

She looks a little uneasy, but turns to the board anyway. What comes out is obviously not English. It’s Japanese, but it’s very hard to read. Bad handwriting? You squint. It seems to say...

[ ] Write-in.
======================
I'm taking the vote I like most for this one, not necessarily what wins. Updates tomorrow.
>> No. 4074
[x] "UR A FAGET"
>> No. 4075
>What comes out is obviously not English

FINE.

[x] Yumemi Hoshino

The JAPANESE name of Reverie Planetarian.
>> No. 4076
Fairy name?

Let's see, should have to do with nature. She's from a waterfall, so...

[ ] Rain
[ ] Cascade
[ ] Cataract

Hmm...
>> No. 4077
[ ] Manami

Can be formed with the characters for "love," and "sea," or "ocean."
>> No. 4078
Amaya "night rain"
Hama "shore"
Hamako "child of the shore"
Ran "water lily"
Umiko "child of the sea"
Taki (base word for waterfall. has a bunch of suffixes for the different parts, but they don't sound pretty)

[x] Kawako "child of the river"
or
[x] Takiko "child of the waterfall?"
>> No. 4079
>>4078

Works for me.

[x] Takiko
>> No. 4080
>>4074
Haha. Wow. The prank-loving fairy would definitely do this.
[x] "UR A FAGET"

After some consternation, maybe a little "alright you got me", she'd probably relent and give her name for real.
[x] Takiko
>> No. 4081
{X} Takiko
>> No. 4082
>>4078

[x] Takiwe

Pronounced as "Takie". Female name with the same root as "Takiko", but I think the obsolete "we" (ゑ) gives it a certain mysterious air.
>> No. 4083
>>4082
I think that would only work if she was presented as an extremely ancient fairy. Tewi only gets an obsolete character in her name to emphasize the fact that she was from a time when the "wi" character was still being used.
>> No. 4084
{X} Takiko
>> No. 4085
>>4083

Since we know fairies reincarnate endlessly, and we don't know how or even if they reproduce, trying to ascribe an age to them is probably meaningless.
>> No. 4086
[x] "UR A FAGET"

[x] Takiko
>> No. 4087
[x] Takiko
>> No. 4089
File 121628519059.jpg - (89.76KB , 700x700 , c0daab3a6ffee5136ee777227c4445fc.jpg ) [iqdb]
4089
>tea cups for you and the fairy
>the fairy is still working on the last of her tea
>She looks a little uneasy, but turns to the board anyway. What comes out

Come on man, give us more details! How is she drinking out of a teacup the (relative) size of a barrel? Or writing with a piece of chalk as big as her arm? THIS IS WHAT MAKES FAIRY ADORABLE
>> No. 4090
>>4085
What I meant was, she'd have to display some kind of hint that she was that ancient.
Example: Cirno shows that she's older than she looks by making note of the 60-year cycle, and having experienced it before.
>> No. 4091
[x] "UR A FAGET"
Because this is clear drawfag fodder.
[x] Takiko
Because it's a cuet naem.
>> No. 4095
>>4075
Is our fairy...just a little broken?
>> No. 4096
>>4089
Fairies in Touhou, if the relative sizes of the images are accurate, are about two feet shorter than the average human. So, like 3 feet tall or something.
>> No. 4098
[x] Takiko

Because it's ALMOST, but not quite, Tokiko.
>> No. 4099
[x] Takiko
>> No. 4100
>>4096
She sat on our shoulder with ease, so she's probably much smaller than that. Maybe one foot tall, if not smaller.
>> No. 4101
>>4096
from PMSS:
"Height is uniformly small, from the degree where they can fit in the palm of one´s hand, up to the size of a child below ten years of age. There is hardly any fairy outside of this scope."
So about a foot is probably right.
>> No. 4103
[x] Takiko
>> No. 4104
[x] Ivana

Dedicated mad scientist assistant fairy.
>> No. 4105
[x] Daiyousen

....what? It means "little fairy", right?
>> No. 4106
>>4105

No.

Fairy is "yousei." Besides that, "dai" actually means big.

If you wanted "little fairy," it ought to be something like "koyousei."
>> No. 4107
>>4106
[x] Koyousei
>> No. 4108
>>4089
Thank you for pointing this out. The whole scene is playing out for me in my head already, so... sometimes I forget to describe things. I will try harder from now on.

I do appreciate the pointers, though. If anyone else notices something I could try to improve on, please let me know. It would be very helpful to me as a writer.
>> No. 4109
[X]Yuzuyu
>> No. 4120
[x] "UR A FAGET"
>> No. 4121
[x] Takiko

“Ta... ki... ko?” You ask, trying to sound it out. “Did I get that right? Takiko?”

She nods, looking relieved.

“Great.” You're relieved, too... at having guessed right. It looks very awkward to write with chalk like that. She had to use both hands, sort of dragging the thing along the board. “I guess it’s hard to write with chalk that big, huh?”

Nod.

“Well, uh... I don’t have anything smaller. I apologize.” You bow. “Maybe I could make you a tiny pencil later? I’m sure we could find a notepad around here somewhere.”

Takiko goes back to the board. It takes a while, but she manages to scratch out the words “thank you”.

“You’re welcome.” You say, smiling. “However, can you wait until later? I do still have work to do.”

She nods, not at all seeming displeased with that.

“Great. Write some good equations for me, OK?”

She nods, and begins to start drawing things on the board. You’ll see what she’s drawing when you’re done. This deuterium distillery isn’t going to figure itself out.

You set to work. Again, its slow going to start off, but you’re beginning to find it easier to tap into the portion of your brain responsible for it. Equations, theories, ideas... they begin to flood into your mind, pushing out all else. You’ve never known exactly how a deuterium distilling device works, but you’re certain that this version you are coming up with is scientifically sound. The blackboard almost seems to fill itself. Back to front, front to back...

And then, a dead spot takes up place in your mind. Were your mind a sea of energy, this would be like a stone tossed into the sea. The sea still flows around it, but it creates a disturbance in the flow. It’s slightly irritating.

[ ] Will it away.
[ ] Focus on it.
[ ] Live with it. It's only a minor annoyance.
>> No. 4123
[ ] Live with it. It's only a minor annoyance.
>> No. 4124
[λ] Live with it. It's only a minor annoyance.
>> No. 4125
[x] Focus on it.
Is this like when Nitori called our name multiple times, and we didn't even hear it? Best to check if something's going on.

Hope it's not Yukari pulling another brain probe.
>> No. 4126
[x] Focus on it.
>> No. 4128
[ ] Focus on it.
>> No. 4130
[x] Focus on it.
>> No. 4131
File 121632323413.jpg - (184.30KB , 1024x768 , Ford Focus.jpg ) [iqdb]
4131
[x] Focus on it.
>> No. 4132
[+] Focus on it.
>> No. 4133
{X} [Shift]
>> No. 4135
[X] Focus on it.

in before it's a fragment of memory, long forgotten and hidden away.

or a black hole that will fuck you up.
>> No. 4137
[X] Hold shift for focused thought.
>> No. 4141
[x] Focus on it.

What could it be? Your attention shifts from the luminous sea to the intruding stone. It’s... something. Something to do with your body. A sensation. It’s difficult to read, however. This invention of yours is much more brilliant, much more inspiring, than any sort of sensation coming from your auxiliary nerves. Still...

...it seems to be coming from the left side of your body, but it’s difficult to pinpoint. It’s difficult to pinpoint any part of your body at all, you soon realize with a tinge of panic. The only thing you can feel are ideas pulsing through your head. You need to focus on this sensation. Focus, focus...

“...YAAAH!”

You manage to bring yourself back, and look at your shoulder. Takiko is holding on to it, seemingly startled and worried by your outburst.

You sigh. What was that all about? It felt like you had been trapped in your thoughts. You’ve zoned out before, but never to this extent. It’s strange, but you don’t know what to make of it.

Perhaps you’ve been working too hard? Suddenly being able to come up with most of these formulas is a bit strange, too. You’re a particle physicist. This isn’t your field. Still... it’s kind of invigorating; feeling like you can solve anything. You’re not entirely sure it’s a bad thing, if you can pull out of the state at will.

“Sorry.” You say, smiling at Takiko. “I guess I was getting a bit carried away. Did you need me for something?”

She pauses a little bit, looking at you with worried eyes. Then, she nods, seemingly satisfied with something. She flies down and grabs one of the erasers from your chalk board, lifting it with both arms like a large package. She flies a short distance from the board, turning around to look at you.

“You’d like to use my eraser?” You guess, judging by the questioning look on her face. She nods.

“Feel free. Do you mind if I look at what you’re erasing, first?”

She pauses for a minute, and then shakes her head. You crane your neck over and look at her chalk board. It appears to be a very crude drawing of something. Waterfalls, perhaps? There seems to be parallel squiggly lines leading into a large number of up and down strokes. Around it are stick figures with wings.

“Hey, that’s pretty good.” You say, walking over to examine it closer. “These are fairies, right?”

She nods.

“Are they your family?”

Again, she nods, seemingly happy with your deduction.

“Awesome.” You glance at your watch. It looks like you’ve been working for about three hours. She must have been working on this since then. “So, you’re going to draw me something else?”

She nods, and starts erasing. It’s fairly comical, as she has to press it to the board with both hands, flying around to move it. You have to stifle your laughs. She’s pretty determined.

After she finishes, she flies back to you with the eraser. You take it from her. Walking back to the blackboard, you notice that your plans aren’t quite finished yet. It’s getting there, but you’ve still got a ways to go. It’s almost a shame, to see them incomplete like that.

[ ] Back to work, full bore. You could finish this by lunch, easily.
[ ] Back to work, but take it easy. Ask the fairy to interrupt you periodically.
[ ] Take a break. Talk to Nitori about what just happened.
>> No. 4144
[X] Take a break. Talk to Nitori about what just happened.

Got a bad feeling that our youkai leg is fucking with our head.
>> No. 4148
[µ] Take a break. Talk to Nitori about what just happened.

Assimilation? DO NOT WANT
>> No. 4149
[X] Take a break. Talk to Nitori about what just happened.
>> No. 4150
[ ] Back to work, full bore. You could finish this by lunch, easily.
>> No. 4151
[x] Take a break. Talk to Nitori about what just happened.
>> No. 4154
[λ] Back to work, but take it easy. Ask the fairy to interrupt you periodically.
Take it easy.
>> No. 4155
[X] Take a break. Talk to Nitori about what just happened.
>> No. 4159
[x] Take a break. Talk to Nitori about what just happened.

Losing touch with our body? Kinda creepy.
>> No. 4160
>>4159
It's the leg. That, or people's 'beleif' that we are smart.
>> No. 4167
[+] Back to work, full bore. You could finish this by lunch, easily.
Nitori will understand. She knows about our 'zone-outs'. She will forgive any disturbance once she witnesses our GENIUS!
>> No. 4170
[X] Back to work, full bore. You could finish this by lunch, easily.

This reminds me of something newton once said; that he was only a child casting stones into the sea. If you can, why not dive in?
>> No. 4176
[X] Take a break. Talk to Nitori about what just happened.

After that,
[X] Back to work, but take it easy. Ask the fairy to interrupt you periodically.
>> No. 4177
[x] Take a break. Talk to Nitori about what just happened.

As much as you’d like to get back to work, you need to do a little research on this phenomenon. It’s slightly disturbing, to say the least, and researching it on your own could be a bit dangerous. You decide to take a little break and go chat with Nitori. Perhaps it’s a medical condition or something specific to Gensokyo?

“Hey, I’ll be back in a few minutes.” You say, waving to Takiko. “I need a little break.”

She nods, and gets back to work on her latest drawing. You walk the distance over to Nitori, making sure again to alert her of your presence. She seems to be dealing with some electrodes or something now, still tinkering with her silver device.

She gives you a curious look. “What’s up, Bill?”

“Oh... you know,” You say, still not sure of how you’re going to explain what just happened, “I’m just taking a break. Mind if I rest here?”

Nitori continues her questioning glance, but doesn’t press the issue. “Nope. Just don’t touch this, ok?” She points to the electrodes she was using earlier.

“I wasn’t planning on it. How goes the project?”

“Oh,” She sighs, “Ok, I guess. I think I’ve figured out the problem, but it’s harder to fix than I thought. I shorted out quite a few circuits. How about you, Bill?”

“Well, I uh... it’s coming along great. I’ve got a question, though.” This is as good of a time as any to ask. “Is it normal for people to get terribly lost in their thoughts here? It seems that whenever I work, I fall into a sort of trance.” You sigh. “I don’t think I could think this fast before I got to Gensokyo. Is it a common occurrence here?”

Nitori’s worry flares back up. “Could you describe exactly what happened?”

“I’ll try.” You explain it to the best of your ability. The trance, how you can remember things you shouldn’t be able to, the disturbance... you give her as much detail as you can.

By the end of your explanation, she’s frowning. “That... sounds a lot like what I do, but on a more severe scale.” Her voice drops to a whisper. “Maybe... no, we decided earlier that...” Eventually, she stops talking all together.

“Nitori. What’s wrong?” You ask, getting worried by this sudden silence. “I feel fine.”

She doesn’t bother looking at you. Instead, she keeps staring at the ground. “I think... I was right before.” Her speech is quiet, barely above a whisper. “The interface on your leg is too strong. I screwed up.” Her voice grows louder, more tense. “I screwed up, and now you’re becoming a youkai!”

Her whole body has tensed up, much like she had done during your fight with Reimu earlier. You should try to calm her down.

[ ] “...is that really a bad thing? I mean, you’re a youkai, right?”
[ ] “...hey, we all make mistakes. I punched a hole in the border, remember?”
[ ] “... can’t we just take it off? That would fix the problem, right?”
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 4178
[ ] “...is that really a bad thing? I mean, you’re a youkai, right?”
>> No. 4179
[x] Take a break. Talk to Nitori about what just happened.
[x] Back to work, but take it easy. Ask the fairy to interrupt you periodically.
>> No. 4180
[ ] “...is that really a bad thing? I mean, you’re a youkai, right?”
>> No. 4181
{X} “...is that really a bad thing? I mean, you’re a youkai, right?”
>> No. 4182
[x] “...hey, we all make mistakes. I punched a hole in the border, remember?”
[x]Try to calm her down(Hug her)
>> No. 4183
>“I screwed up, and now you’re becoming a youkai!”

[x] "Yeah, but in a good way, right?"
[x] "...Right?"
>> No. 4184
>>4179

How slow can you poke?
>> No. 4185
{X} “...is that really a bad thing? I mean, you’re a youkai, right?”
>> No. 4188
>[ ] “...is that really a bad thing? I mean, you’re a youkai, right?”

This wins. Updates tomorrow because I'm tired and going to sleep.
>> No. 4189
Gee, sure is easy to become a youkai around here.
>> No. 4190
File 121637245580.jpg - (183.85KB , 744x690 , 121202605941.jpg ) [iqdb]
4190
>>4189
>> No. 4192
[waka] “...hey, we all make mistakes. I punched a hole in the border, remember?”
[waka] “and is that really a bad thing? I mean, you’re a youkai, right?”
>> No. 4193
[x] "Yeah, but in a good way, right?"
[x] "...Right?"
Gleb gleb.
>> No. 4194
[+] “...hey, we all make mistakes. I punched a hole in the border, remember?”
[+] “And is that really a bad thing? I mean, you’re a youkai, right?”
>> No. 4195
There's something wrong with our mind and, of course, it's because of the leg and NOT caused by the thing in our head...
>> No. 4196
>>4195
The thing in our head is just a translator. The leg has the bone of a youkai that somehow changed intelligence(mental energy?) into power.
>> No. 4197
>>4196
I know, but we were the guinea pig for that thing.
>> No. 4198
>>4196
It's ostensibly only a translator, but when you're messing with the brain, it wouldn't be surprising for there to be side effects. It's only natural to see irony in a magic-machine translation device that wormed its way into our BRAIN as not being responsible for unusual mental side effects, and it instead being a cyborg leg.
>> No. 4199
>>4198
I just look at that as plot device, a reason, without Yuakri, that we can speak Japanese.
>> No. 4200
>>4198

But the brain is fairly segmented, really. I don't see why something messing with the speech center of the brain would have such a dramatic impact on how we go about thinking. I guess it's possible, but it still seems unlikely. I would expect side-effects would be things like spontaneous and brief failure to understand what someone says, or for us to get words wrong.

A magical youkai bone being grafted into our body, however, could do all kinds of things. There's also the fact that it seems to convert our mental energy into magical energy. If anything was likely to jack us up, it would be the leg that defies many principles of science.
>> No. 4201
>>4199
*Yukari
>> No. 4203
>>4198
There are side-effects, you just haven't come across them yet.
>> No. 4205
>>4200
If we assume that both devices are capable of being faulty, then there's no reason to assume that the translation device's effects will be perfectly isolated to the speech center of the brain. One can easily imagine its magic going awry in some way, and affecting some other part of the brain.

The "supernatural/magic" card is being thrown around here, and that permits for anything--thus, I fail to see why you'd think a leg more likely (or less) to affect us mentally than a device in our brain, given that they're both magical. The leg has the advantage of more magic, but the device has the advantage of messing more directly with our brain.

It's a shame though. That was a fine leg. Since it's plugged into our nervous system, I wonder whether we could solve the issue by turning off feedback from our leg. Probably not that simple, unless it's using the signals that allow us to feel the leg as a carrier for rewriting the rest of our body.
>> No. 4206
[x] “...is that really a bad thing? I mean, you’re a youkai, right?”

This seems like such a beautiful thing to say. It's the first time we're actually stating that we have no problem with Nitori not being human, isn't it? We had kind of a WTF reaction when she told us she was a kappa, and with the way she's freaking out about this...


>>4200
>I don't see why something messing with the speech center of the brain would have such a dramatic impact on how we go about thinking.
Well, that's not really true. The set of concepts that we can express in a language seems to shape the way we think about things. There will always be words/phrases in one language that represent concepts that can't be easily expressed accurately in another language. Magically adding the complete(?) set of the concepts represented by the Japanese language is definitely going to have some kind of effect on general thought processes.

Although, the concepts regarding subjects like physics and math shouldn't be much different, if the groups of people making up both langauge bases have been sharing their knowledge. It's not likely that any significant concepts in physics would be expressible in the Japanese language and not in English.

So, yeah, it's probably the leg. But everyone knows that already.
>> No. 4208
[x] “...is that really a bad thing? I mean, you’re a youkai, right?”

“...is that really a bad thing?” You ask, shrugging the whole thing off. “I mean, you’re a youkai, right?”

She goes quiet again, still not able to look you in the eyes. “I... I was born one. You’re a... human. They’re two different things...”

“Hey,” you say, trying to keep your tone of voice as light as possible. Nitori definitely needs someone to try and bring her out of her self-loathing, but you can’t do so without knowing what’s going on. “You have to explain when you say things like that. Remember, I’m not from around here.”

She sighs, and finally looks up. Despair is the main emotion spread across her face, mixed with a little grim acceptance. “Humans usually...” she trails off, breaking eye contact.

“Usually what?” You ask. It’s no good if she doesn’t tell you.

“Humans usually...” she turns back to you, her eyes moist, with a pathetic smile across her face. Is she crying? “...go insane.”

Turning away, she goes quiet again. “We... natural born youkai, we're built to handle whatever our abilities are. Humans aren’t. It’s as simple as that.”

...what the hell can you say to that? It's a very effective shutdown on her part.

[ ] “No exceptions? I hate to give up without a fight like that.”
[ ] “My colleagues have been saying I'm insane for years. How much worse could it get?”
[ ] “So... it's hopeless, then? Or would removing the leg reverse the effects?”
>> No. 4210
[+] Laugh. “My colleagues have been saying that I've been insane for years. How much worse could it get?”
[+] "Besides, you did say 'usually'. That means it's not a guarantee that I'll go nuts. I like this leg you made for me, so let me take the chance, okay?"

Greater than zero? Sounds like 100 percent to me!
>> No. 4211
[x] Laugh. “My colleagues have been saying that I've been insane for years. How much worse could it get?”
[x] "Besides, you did say 'usually'. That means it's not a guarantee that I'll go nuts. I like this leg you made for me, so let me take the chance, okay?"
Nice write-in.
>> No. 4212
It is as Hina said. Nyenonymous' luck is crap.

[x] “So... it's hopeless, then? Or would removing the leg reverse the effects?”
>> No. 4213
>>4212
That's no reason to give up! Where's your manly spirit?
[x] Laugh. “My colleagues have been saying that I've been insane for years. How much worse could it get?”
[x] "Besides, you did say 'usually'. That means it's not a guarantee that I'll go nuts. I like this leg you made for me, so let me take the chance, okay?"
>> No. 4214
>>4213
Pfft, "manly spirit". However, no one said anything about giving up.
>> No. 4215
[x] “No exceptions? I hate to give up without a fight like that.”
[x] “Would removing the leg reverse the effects?”

The write-in makes it sound like we aren't taking this seriously enough. We can't just rely on chance here, we need to find a way to deal with this somehow.
>> No. 4217
>>4215
Indeed. We'll use our newfound mental prowess to devise a solution! We just need Nitori to give us a crash course on her magi-tech.

[x] “No exceptions? I hate to give up without a fight like that.”
[x] “Would removing the leg reverse the effects?”
>> No. 4218
[x] “No exceptions? I hate to give up without a fight like that.”
[x] “Would removing the leg reverse the effects?”
>> No. 4219
[da] Laugh. “My colleagues have been saying that I've been insane for years. How much worse could it get?”
[ze] "Besides, you did say 'usually'. That means it's not a guarantee that I'll go nuts. I like this leg you made for me, so let me take the chance, okay?"
>> No. 4220
[x] Laugh. “My colleagues have been saying that I've been insane for years. How much worse could it get?”
[x] "Besides, you did say 'usually'. That means it's not a guarantee that I'll go nuts. I like this leg you made for me, so let me take the chance, okay?
>> No. 4221
[x] Laugh. “My colleagues have been saying that I've been insane for years. How much worse could it get?”
Try to get Nitori to calm down a little.

[x] "Besides, you did say 'usually'. That means it's not a guarantee that I'll go nuts. I like this leg you made for me, so let me take the chance, okay?"
Show her we appreciate her work.
>> No. 4223
[+] Laugh. “My colleagues have been saying that I've been insane for years. How much worse could it get?”
[+] "Besides, you did say 'usually'. That means it's not a guarantee that I'll go nuts. I like this leg you made for me, so let me take the chance, okay?"

You can't write Insanity without Sanity.
>> No. 4224
We should've named ourselves Dr. Jekyll.
>> No. 4225
File 121640430312.gif - (9.96KB , 675x518 , 1203398396628.gif ) [iqdb]
4225
>You can't write Insanity without Sanity.
>> No. 4226
[waka] “No exceptions? I hate to give up without a fight like that.”
[waka] “Besides, My colleagues have been saying I'm insane for years. How much worse could it get?”
>> No. 4229
>How much worse could it get?

And then Nyenonymous was a violent and mindless degenerate locked away in Remilia's mansion beneath Nitori's lab.
>> No. 4230
[+] Laugh. “My colleagues have been saying that I've been insane for years. How much worse could it get?”
[+] "Besides, you did say 'usually'. That means it's not a guarantee that I'll go nuts. I like this leg you made for me, so let me take the chance, okay?"
ONE HUNDRED PERCENT!
>> No. 4231
[λ] Laugh. “My colleagues have been saying that I've been insane for years. How much worse could it get?”
[λ] "Besides, you did say 'usually'. That means it's not a guarantee that I'll go nuts. I like this leg you made for me, so let me take the chance, okay?"
They all think I'm crazy! I'll show them! I'll show them all!
>> No. 4232
NEW THREAD.
>> No. 4237
File 121641182628.png - (61.26KB , 334x229 , O2.png ) [iqdb]
4237
>>4068

Eh, it was just the appearance really. But, if Klaymen wants to do it that way, it'd be pretty cool I think. (as long as it's not a ripoff anyway)

Sage for motherfucking Slowpoke.
>> No. 4238
[+] Laugh. “My colleagues have been saying that I've been insane for years. How much worse could it get?”
[+] "Besides, you did say 'usually'. That means it's not a guarantee that I'll go nuts. I like this leg you made for me, so let me take the chance, okay?"
>> No. 4239
>[x] Laugh. “My colleagues have been saying that I've been insane for years. How much worse could it get?”
>[x] "Besides, you did say 'usually'. That means it's not a guarantee that I'll go nuts. I like this leg you made for me, so let me take the chance, okay?

Writing. I'll start a new thread when it's done.