[Return]
Archived Thread

File 121550248676.jpg - (340.15KB , 1072x963 , bubblechamber2.jpg ) [iqdb]
3591 No. 3591
[x] XBOX HUEG Write-in
[x] Stop her. This is your fight, no need for her to get blasted.

Throwing up a hand in a signal for Nitori to stop stop, you turn around to Reimu, who’s waiting in the air. Maybe you can still get through to her. You decide to try one last time.

"Hold a minute! Fuck. I wasn't lying, I really don't know how to restore this 'boundary', but if you---“

“Geeze, enough talk!” She seems pretty annoyed. “Are you going to come up here and fight me, or should I start shooting now?”

It seems like talking simply will not work. You turn back to Nitori. There’s really no reason for her to get involved in this. “Exterminated” sounds pretty ominous, but... maybe today will be your lucky day.

“Nitori, it’s alright,” You say, trying to calm her down, “I’ll deal with this. She’s not after you.”

“But---“

“Nope, no buts.” You head up into the air, resting your free foot on your fake knee. You look like a complete idiot, balancing like this, but that’s not what’s on your mind. This fight is more important than looks.

“Good.” Reimu says. “Now, let’s begin.” A flash. The lab becomes darker, covered in deep shades of red and white. “Spirit Sign, ‘Fantasy Seal -Spread-‘!”

Suddenly, bullets! Everywhere! Reimu’s body has erupted in a giant cloud of what appear to be small glowing squares, man-sized yin yang orbs, and man sized glowing red orbs.

“Shit--!”

You manage to somehow dodge the few that were coming at you by sliding a bit to the left and right in little jerks. Any faster, and you would fall over. A little more practice time with this thing would have been nice.

The process of shots repeats itself for about a minute, and then it stops. Reimu crouches a bit, looking like a cat about to pull off some crazy acrobatic feat.

Remembering back to the duel between Nitori and Hina you saw earlier, you deduce that it’s your turn to declare a spellcard. Since you only have one, the choice isn’t too difficult.

“Hydrocarbon Sign, ‘Neopentane’ !”

A flash. Your leg is glowing bright, and it seems that the lab grows darker in response, now overcast in a myriad of colors. It almost looks like what happens when you throw light through a prism.

Your spellcard goes off without a hitch, and Reimu seems surprised at the intensity of it. The explosive nature of it catches her off guard, and, looking at her, it seems you’ve torn off a bit of one of her sleeves. Danmaku isn’t lethal, but it seems that it can still interact with physical matter. After about a minute, your leg stops outputting fake hydrocarbons without you telling it to do so. Judging by Reimu’s pose, it’s her turn.

“Divine Arts, ‘Omnidirectional Demon Binding Circle’!”

Within seconds, you’ve been boxed in by an elaborate pattern of those glowing squares. You wonder how this could be deadly, but then... the walls begin to shift, and Reimu seems to be setting up another incoming circular wall of white orbs. These morph into red arrowhead looking things, and head at you slowly.

Patience. You try to remember every kung-fu movie you’ve ever seen, and apply that to your current situation. These bullets don’t seem to be moving too fast. If you could just stay calm, you could probably move through them without trouble. It might seem odd, but you even get a slight sensation from your leg that this isn’t impossible.

You manage to stay within those confined walls of squares, weave through those red arrowheads, and run the spellcard out of time. It’s incredible, but you manage it. Maybe today IS your lucky day! You laugh, amazed at yourself. This would be kind of fun... if, you know, it wasn’t so serious.

Reimu’s looking at you again, apparently expecting another spellcard. Since you haven’t had time to try anything else yet, you need to come up with another, quick. One comes to you in a flash.

“Physics Sign ‘Gravity Well’!”

Darker orbs shoot out of your leg, mock neutron stars, and position themselves around the air. Small, white shots, representing space dust, and thin beams of white light lance from your leg, shooting into the field at random. They end up having their trajectories changed by the mock neutron stars, sending them bending and twisting in all kinds of directions.

Reimu wasn’t expecting this, either, it seems. Her movements are short, unsure. A few of the mock neutron stars ended up pretty close to her, and it seems she has trouble reading their movements. This time, you manage to get a piece of the red ribbon in her hair. The card times out, however, without you landing a solid hit.

Reimu seems to be getting frustrated now. You’re fairing better than she is, and she knows it. She declares another spellcard.

“Border World ‘Hakurei Danmaku Bounded Field’!”

You’ve got no idea what to make of this one. It starts with glowing outlines of boxes appearing around you. Dense streams of arrowhead bullets leave Reimu, and hit the edge of the glowing box surrounding her. They disappear... and reappear, coming out of boxes nearer you. Ones touching the edges of the closer boxes end up going back towards Reimu.

The whole thing is very confusing. The edges of the squares act like portals with destinations unknown. Eventually, Reimu adds random glowing white orbs to the mix. One of them strikes your hand, and you realize something... they really do feel like fireballs. It felt like getting hit by a flaming rock, surprisingly heavy for something that ignores gravity.

Other than the hand thing, you manage to make it through this one without incident. You need another spellcard. Something powerful. Something confusing, something that behaves oddly. Something like the kind of stuff that brought you here in the first place.

>> No. 3592
“Particle Sign ‘Collision’!”

Eight streams shoot out of your leg, with each one forming a circle around Reimu aligned with different geometric planes. Combined, they make up sort of a spherical prison, one from which she can’t escape. They spin faster and faster, gaining speed. About ten seconds in, the first collision occurs.

Normally, all of the particles produced would be far too small to see. This is danmaku, however, so a huge number of shots form from the point where the mock photon beams cross. Each one has a different spin, a different mass, a different charge... it’s all very chaotic. About half of them end up outside the circle imprisoning Reimu, but the other half fly directly at her.

She manages to fend off the first assault, losing a bit of hair. The collisions occur faster and faster as time goes on, producing more and more bullets. A hit, her arm. Another hit, her foot. Another hit, her shoulder. Another---

"Fantasy Heaven!"

Reimu simply stops being hit and takes on a translucent color. This... isn’t good. How did she do that? Your card continues, but nothing seems to be striking Reimu. She even manages to float through your mock particle beams unscathed. You notice that she’s been surrounded by yin yang orbs, and that they seem to be spewing lines of white glowing squares. These bullets just seem to hang in the air for a minute, then suddenly...

“Ahhh!”

They fly at you. Not the entire stream at once, so that you can simply move a bit and let them pass you, but in a delayed, methodical, follow the leader kind of action. You end up moving too fast and tip over. Hanging upside down, you barely manage to dodge the new incoming line of white shots. These, too, fly at you after a while.

Then, you’re struck. You completely miss one of the white lines after dodging a homing assault, and the last thing you see is it plowing into your face. You don’t even feel the burning.

...

...

...

“...huh? Wha...?”

You wake up, disoriented. You seem to be back in the room that Nitori has been letting you stay in, in bed. Looking over, you find not your clothes on the chair, but Nitori. Her eyes are closed, as if she was sleeping.

“...hey, Nitori. You awake?”

She opens her eyes and looks at you, smiling a sad smile. She looks relieved, somehow. You notice that she is the only living being in the room... other than you, of course.

[ ] “... what happened?”
[ ] “... is this a dream? If so, it’s a good one.”
[ ] “... am I dead?”
>> No. 3593
Sleeping time. Updates... later today, since using "tomorrow" isn't right when it's 2:30.
>> No. 3594
[X] “... is this a dream? If so, it’s a good one.”
[X] "So... what happened?"

Open with some flirtation to show we're alright and then down to business.
>> No. 3596
[x] Check to see if our leg is still attached, and ensure it wasn't confiscated or destroyed.
[x] "... is this a dream? If so, it’s a good one. Well, aside from being smacked around."
[x] Wait, only living thing? Where's the fairy?
>> No. 3597
[x] Check to see if our leg is still attached, and ensure it wasn't confiscated or destroyed.
[x] "... is this a dream? If so, it’s a good one. Well, aside from being smacked around."
[x] Wait, only living thing? Where's the fairy?
>> No. 3598
[x] Check to see if our leg is still attached, and ensure it wasn't confiscated or destroyed.
[x] "... is this a dream? If so, it’s a good one. Well, aside from being smacked around."
[x] Wait, only living thing? Where's the fairy?

Now we just need Galaxy Sign 「Supernova」or 「Big Bang」.
>> No. 3599
[X] “... what happened?”
Pretty obvious we blacked out thanks to the huge glowing orb to the face, but what the hell happened after that?
>> No. 3600
[x] Check to see if our leg is still attached, and ensure it wasn't confiscated or destroyed.
[x] "... is this a dream? If so, it’s a good one. Well, aside from being smacked around."
[x] Wait, only living thing? Where's the fairy?

THIS IS THE MOST AWESOME ANON EVER
>> No. 3601
[x] Check to see if our leg is still attached, and ensure it wasn't confiscated or destroyed.
[x] "... is this a dream? If so, it’s a good one. Well, aside from being smacked around."
[x] Wait, only living thing? Where's the fairy?
>> No. 3602
[x] Check to see if our leg is still attached, and ensure it wasn't confiscated or destroyed.
[x] "... is this a dream? If so, it’s a good one. Well, aside from being smacked around."
[x] Wait, only living thing? Where's the fairy?

Getting knocked out by Reimu's balls, what a great ending.
>> No. 3603
[x] Check to see if our leg is still attached, and ensure it wasn't confiscated or destroyed.
[x] "... is this a dream? If so, it’s a good one. Well, aside from being smacked around."
[x] Wait, only living thing? Where's the fairy?

Need more SCIENCE spellcard names.
Dimension Sign 「Resonance Cascade」
Luminous Sign 「Ultraviolet Catastrophe」
Entropy Sign 「Maxwell's Demon」
Astronomy Sign 「Musica Universalis」
Cosmic Sign 「Naked Singularity」
Boundary Sign 「Quantum Tunneling」
Eternity Sign 「Quantum Immortality」
>> No. 3604
Information Sign 「Quantum Erasure」
>> No. 3606
>>3605
>Big Bang

Clone gangrape?
>> No. 3607
Stellar Sign 「Supernova」
Galaxy Sign 「Supermassive Black Hole」
Universe Sign 「Big Bang」
>> No. 3608
Heck yeah, our leg is either total hax, or this is EASY MODO Reimu. Except for her being able to haul out Fantasy Heaven.

[x] Check to see if our leg is still attached, and ensure it wasn't confiscated or destroyed.
[x] "... is this a dream? If so, it’s a good one. Well, aside from being smacked around."
[x] Wait, only living thing? Where's the fairy?
>> No. 3609
Chemical Sign 「2-4-5 Trioxin」
Nuclear Sign 「Atom Smasher」
Particle Sign 「Quark Soup」
Entropy Sign 「Heat Death」
Border Sign 「Preferred Reference Plane」
Ecology Sign 「Spaceship Earth」
Topology Sign 「Unfolding the Tesseract」
Cold Sign 「−273.15° Centigrade, Absolute Zero」
Time Paradox 「1.21 Gigawatts」
Zero-Point Energy 「Sea of Dirac」
Geocide 「Ice-Nine Scenario」
Unobtanium 「Strange Matter」
Event Horizon 「Inescapable Fate ~Worldline~」
End of Eons 「Proton Decay」
Reality Marble 「Closed System」
Poincaré Recurrence 「Continue?」

ONCE THE NYE LEG IS MASS PRODUCED
>> No. 3610
[x] Check to see if our leg is still attached, and ensure it wasn't confiscated or destroyed.
[x] "... is this a dream? If so, it’s a good one. Well, aside from being smacked around."
[x] Wait, only living thing? Where's the fairy?


I'm generally opposed to superpowered Anons but this was fucking awesome.
>> No. 3611
We are probably now the only anon able to fire danmaku at high-level.
>> No. 3612
[x] Check to see if our leg is still attached, and ensure it wasn't confiscated or destroyed.
[x] "... is this a dream? If so, it’s a good one. Well, aside from being smacked around."
[x] Wait, only living thing? Where's the fairy?

You throw off your sheets, fully expecting your leg to be gone. Reimu seemed intent on exterminating something, and since you aren’t dead...

Your leg is there. There’s a few paper squares with weird patterns pasted on it, but it’s there. You peel them off, trying to get a closer look at them. You turn to Nitori.

"... is this a dream? If so, it’s a good one.” You wink at her. “Well, aside from being smacked around."

She smiles back, losing the sad look, but she isn’t looking at you. She’s looking at the paper square “It’s not a dream. And, it seems, not a nightmare either.”

That was sort of cryptic. “What do you mean?”

“I messed up.” She sighs. “I made the interface too powerful. There’s no way you should have been able to shoot danmaku like that with just the bone’s power alone. I thought you were becoming a youkai, but...” she points to the paper thing, “I guess not. Only a human can touch those. It must be something else.”

“Well, I do have a pretty powerful mind,” you say, bragging a bit, “maybe that has something to do with it? Haha...”

Nitori looks like she’s had an epiphany. “That...” She looks at you, “could be it, actually. Hey, that’s pretty good for not knowing much about Gensokyo.” She smiles. “Maybe the bone was from some really weird youkai that could amplify mental power, or give it shape, or something.”

You laugh a little bit, stroking your ego. Checking your watch, you see that you’ve been out for almost nine hours. “Whoa. What happened? And,” you ask, looking around the room, “where’s the fairy?”

“What happened? Well, Reimu counter-bombed your spellcard and won the fight. You were knocked out, and...” she frowns at this, her voice choking up a bit. “almost fell to your death. I managed to catch you in time. You’ve been sleeping since then.” She blushes. “It’s probably a good thing you stopped me from trying to fight Reimu. I don’t know what I was thinking.”

“Well, if I get knocked unconscious, I can’t see you get hurt, right?” You ask rhetorically, trying not to be serious. “That would be more painful to me than getting smacked in the face with flaming balls of light.” You laugh. “I think. I didn’t actually feel the impact.”

“Ah...” Nitori’s blushing again.

“So, what happened to the fairy?”

“She... Reimu wasn’t being mean with that mosquito analogy or anything, Bill.” She looks at you. “That’s how people in Gensokyo see fairies.”

That... doesn’t sound good. “Is she dead?”

Nitori laughs a little bit. “Fairies can’t die. Her body’s disintegrated, though, so she’s probably reincarnating as we speak. Tomorrow, you could probably find her... wherever it is that you found her in the first place.” Then, as if remembering something, she frowns. “We should probably go see Reimu. She told me to bring you into the living room when you woke up.”

“Reimu?” You ask, shocked. “That crazy person is still here?”

“Yep.” Nitori giggles a bit. “She’s been drinking tea with Hina ever since she knocked you out. Apparently they got into a fight outside. So, are you going to come willingly, or am I going to have to carry you?” The last part was obviously meant as a joke.

[ ] Walk with her.
[ ] Fake paralysis, make Nitori carry you.
[ ] Resist.
>> No. 3613
>>3609

>Time Paradox 「1.21 Gigawatts」

hahaha
>> No. 3614
[x] Fake paralysis, make Nitori carry you.
lol
>> No. 3615
[x] come willingly
>> No. 3616
[ ] Walk with her.
>> No. 3617
[x] Fake paralysis, make Nitori carry you.
Miko trickan gaems
>> No. 3618
[ ] Walk with her.

We're the gentleman scientist.
>> No. 3619
[x] Walk with her.
>> No. 3620
[x] Moonwalk with her.

F-F-F-FABULOUS!
>> No. 3621
{X} Walk with her.
>> No. 3622
[X] Carry her instead.

The tables have turned!
>> No. 3623
[ ] Walk with her.
No reason to fuck around, we need to settle this with Raymoo for once and for all.
>> No. 3624
[X] Carry her instead.

>“I messed up.” She sighs. “I made the interface too powerful. There’s no way you should have been able to shoot danmaku like that with just the bone’s power alone. I thought you were becoming a youkai, but...” she points to the paper thing, “I guess not. Only a human can touch those. It must be something else.”

Much lulz will be had when we see Raymoo's expression when we hand these seals back to her.
>> No. 3625
「z」 Walk with her.
>> No. 3626
Soooo...we're we basically the stage 6 boss in Reimu's quest? Heh, that would be amusing.
>> No. 3627
[ ] Walk with her.
>> No. 3628
Shoving the paper squares into your pocket, you stand up. Might as well get this over with. If Reimu’s still here, wanting to see you, she must have some unfinished business.

“Yeah, I’ll talk to her. Let’s go.”

The two of you make your way out into the hall, and over to the living room. Opening the door, you see Reimu and Hina chatting. Reimu looks up at you, seemingly indifferent to everything that had happened this morning.

“Oh, I see you’re finally awake. Would you like some tea?” Reimu asks, motioning to the teapot and the extra cups currently lying out on the table.

Not wanting to be rude, you accept, taking a seat next to Hina on the other sofa. Nitori makes to sit on the other side of Hina. It’s a bit cramped, but you guess it’s more comfortable than sitting next to the person who attacked you earlier.

Reimu pours you and Nitori a cup of tea. You sit sipping it in silence for a while, not wanting to talk to the crazy miko. She wouldn’t listen to you earlier, why would she now? You decide to just let her bring up what she wants when she’s ready.

“So.” She says, finally speaking up after a few minutes. “Bill, is it? I didn’t catch your name in the pre-fight banter. All I got was you trying to weasel your way out of your responsibilities. But, now that I’ve beaten you, you have to do what I say.” She looks you straight in the eyes. “So, fix the border.”

You sigh. “I wasn’t lying, you know. The only thing I know about what happened is the theoretical part from my end... and even those are off, since I wouldn't be here if they were true.”

She continues staring. “You’re being vague.”

You sigh again. "Well..."

[ ] Explain it in-depth, making sure to leave nothing out.
[ ] Give her the light version, in a way that anyone could understand.
>> No. 3629
[X] Explain it in-depth, making sure to leave nothing out.
>> No. 3630
[X] Explain it in-depth, making sure to leave nothing out.

Trust in science.
>> No. 3631
[x] Explain it in-depth, making sure to leave nothing out.
[x] Then give her the simple version.
>> No. 3632
[ ] Give her the light version, in a way that anyone could understand.

Hina didn't understand it, so neither will Reimu. If Yukari, Ran, Patchi or Eirin were around to interpret, maybe. But not Reimu.
>> No. 3633
[x] Explain it in-depth, making sure to leave nothing out.

Anything less would be detracting from the awesomeness that is the XBOX HUEG WRITE-IN.
>> No. 3634
[X] Explain it in-depth, making sure to leave nothing out.
[X] Then give her the simple version.
>> No. 3635
[x] Explain it in-depth, making sure to leave nothing out.

We must blind her with SCIENCE.
>> No. 3636
[X] Explain it in-depth, making sure to leave nothing out.
[X] Then give her the simple version.
this
>> No. 3637
[ x ] Explain it in-depth, making sure to leave nothing out.

The SCIENCE will blow her mind.
>> No. 3638
{X} Explain it in-depth, making sure to leave nothing out.
>> No. 3639
[ ] Explain it in-depth, making sure to leave nothing out.
>> No. 3640
[x] Explain it in-depth, making sure to leave nothing out.

Fuck giving her the simple version afterwards.

If she doesn't understand, she isn't SCIENCE enough.
>> No. 3641
File 121555501065.jpg - (55.03KB , 661x325 , 12111446963.jpg ) [iqdb]
3641
>>3635
[ x ] Explain it in-depth, making sure to leave nothing out.
>> No. 3642
[X] Explain it in-depth, making sure to leave nothing out. In fact, add about 20 minutes of unrelated quantum field theory to make sure she's paying attention.
>> No. 3644
[x] Explain it in-depth, making sure to leave nothing out.

Maybe Scorn will write a "Reimu Pop" short, in which her head explodes.
>> No. 3645
[+] Explain it in-depth, making sure to leave nothing out.
She brought this on herself. Make it as technical as possible, and try to do it so that if she can't understand it, it's obvious that her lacking mental faculties are to blame.
>> No. 3646
[X] Explain it in-depth, making sure to leave nothing out.
[X] Then give her the simple version.
>> No. 3647
>But, now that I’ve beaten you, you have to do what I say.”

Screw the rules, I have SCIENCE

[x] Explain it in-depth, making sure to leave nothing out.
[x] "Oh, before I forget." Hand her the seals back.
>> No. 3648
Adding
[x] "Oh, before I forget." Hand her the seals back.
to my vote.

Do it. Doitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoit.
>> No. 3649
[x] Explain it in-depth, making sure to leave nothing out.
[x] "Oh, before I forget." Hand her the seals back.
>> No. 3650
[x] Explain it in-depth, making sure to leave nothing out.
[x] "Oh, before I forget." Hand her the seals back.
>> No. 3651
[X] Explain it in-depth, making sure to leave nothing out.
>> No. 3652
File 121556206239.jpg - (275.08KB , 640x512 , 120014643480.jpg ) [iqdb]
3652
Finally, a Touhou VN for a science major.
>> No. 3653
[] Explain it in-depth, making sure to leave nothing out.
[] "Oh, before I forget." Hand her the seals back.
>> No. 3654
>>3650
Also, this.
>> No. 3655
[x] Explain it in-depth, making sure to leave nothing out.
[x] "Oh, before I forget." Hand her the seals back.

this 2 hit combo is so awesome.jpg that i am drooling
>> No. 3656
Trinity Sign 「I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds」
Too long?
Don't get it? :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity_test#Name and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity_test#Explosion
>> No. 3657
File 121556491675.jpg - (53.43KB , 395x442 , MiGeek-MiOtaku.jpg ) [iqdb]
3657
>>3656
>I am become Death


wut.
>> No. 3658
>>3656
FUND IT
>> No. 3659
>>3657
Variants on this quotation exist, both by Oppenheimer and by others. A more common translation of the passage, from Arthur Ryder (from whom Oppenheimer studied Sanskrit at Berkeley in the 1930s), is:

Death am I, and my present task
Destruction. (11:32)

Since the Gita's first translation into English in 1785, most experts have translated not "Death" but instead "Time". A further elaboration of the supposed Oppenheimer quote often cited is taken from Robert Jungk's 1958 Brighter than a Thousand Suns:

If the radiance of a thousand suns
were to burst into the sky,
that would be like
the splendor of the Mighty One—
I am become Death, the shatterer of Worlds.
>> No. 3660
>>3656
>Too long?
>Don't get it? :
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity_test#Name and
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity_test#Explosion

ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 3661
[x] Explain it in-depth, making sure to leave nothing out.
[x] "Oh, before I forget." Hand her the seals back.
>> No. 3662
>>3659

What manner of fag are you?
>> No. 3663
>>3662
Clearly, a finepoetryfag.
>> No. 3664
[x] Explain it in-depth, making sure to leave nothing out.
[x] "Oh, before I forget." Hand her the seals back.

“Fine.” You say, resolving to give the same lecture you gave to Nitori yesterday. “Listen up. You see, energy and matter are interchangeable...”

You go on for a good 10 minutes, explaining the finer points of Einstein, electromagnets, black holes, particle collisions... all of it. You leave no details out in your lecture. About a minute in, it’s obvious that Reimu isn’t able to follow any of it, but you continue. She might be able to beat you in danmaku, but you can beat her in brains.

“... and then we tried it. We fired the machine up, and ended up producing a black hole, like some of us speculated that we would. Well, it turns out that we were wrong about them collapsing instantly... or at all, even. The thing grew larger, sucked me in, and I ended up here.”

Reimu doesn’t even notice that you’ve ended. She keeps nodding and sipping her tea. Looking over, Nitori seems to have been following it, but Hina is just as lost as the last time you told it.

“...you weren’t listening at all, were you?”

Snapping out of her daze, she looks at you. “Huh? No, you completely lost me. That was almost like word danmaku.”

Well, apart from helping you feel a little better, that was a complete waste of time.

“But... it was an accident, then?” She asks.

“Yeah, the conspiracy nuts thought it would happen, but serious scientists didn’t. Curiosity killed the cat, I guess.”

“Except that you’re not dead.” She states simply.

You shrug. “It’s an expression.”

Remembering the paper squares you peeled off of your leg earlier, you start fishing around in your pocket.

“Oh, before I forget..." you find them and pull them out. They’re a bit crumpled, but nothing too bad. “Here.”

She takes them, eyeing you curiously. “So, you’re a human after all?”

“Didn’t I say that already?” You ask, mildly irritated. “I’m a human that got sent here in a lab accident.”

“Sorry,” she apologizes, but it’s obvious she isn’t sorry in the slightest. “But I hear that excuse all the time. It usually isn’t true, and my intuition was telling me you were the culprit. I was even more skeptical after you nearly managed to land a hit on me with that funny-moving danmaku of yours.”

“Funny?” You laugh. “Most of that was based on real phenomena of the world.”

She doesn’t seem to think it’s as funny as you do. “Anyway, even if you are a human, I still beat you. You said that this ‘black hole’ thing caused it, right? Well, you’ll have to get rid of it.”

She’s really persistent. A bit of sarcasm is in order. “Listen. The only way to do that would be to...”

[ ] “... travel to the past and prevent the whole thing from happening.”
[ ] “... throw the black hole into space, assuming it hasn’t consumed the world yet.”
[ ] “... pump anti-matter into the thing and hope that the resulting energy is Hawking radiation.”
>> No. 3668
>>3664

Now we can be a DOCTOR?! FUCK YEA

[ ] “... travel to the past and prevent the whole thing from happening.”

but srsly

[ x ] “... pump anti-matter into the thing and hope that the resulting energy is Hawking radiation.”
>> No. 3669
File 121556854958.jpg - (3.75KB , 132x104 , E_Brown.jpg ) [iqdb]
3669
>>3668

DOC!
>> No. 3670
[x] "...somehow reduce its density to the point that it is no longer a black hole. Unless you know of anything that can pull off a miracle like that, I can't really help."
Suika Time!
>> No. 3672
[x] "...somehow reduce its density to the point that it is no longer a black hole. Unless you know of anything that can pull off a miracle like that, I can't really help."

Suika!
>> No. 3673
>>3670
...wat a sec. Reimu ought to know about black holes and stuff already! Suika used them a lot in IaMP!

Changing my vote to
[+] "...somehow reduce its density to the point that it is no longer a black hole. Unless you know of anything that can pull off a miracle like that, I can't really help."
Suika Time!
>> No. 3674
[ ] "...somehow reduce its density to the point that it is no longer a black hole. Unless you know of anything that can pull off a miracle like that, I can't really help."
>> No. 3675
[x] "...somehow reduce its density to the point that it is no longer a black hole. Unless you know of anything that can pull off a miracle like that, I can't really help."

VOTE CHANGIN GAEMS
>> No. 3676
>>3673
I doubt Suika calls them "black holes", and Reimu still has no idea what you're talking about.
>> No. 3677
File 121556936853.jpg - (31.42KB , 300x468 , DoctorWho.jpg ) [iqdb]
3677
>>3668
?

>>3669
WHAT?!

[x] "...somehow reduce its density to the point that it is no longer a black hole. Unless you know of anything that can pull off a miracle like that, I can't really help."
>> No. 3678
>>3676
Assuming that write in ain't gonna fly, so...
[X] “... travel to the past and prevent the whole thing from happening.”
>> No. 3679
[x] "...somehow reduce its density to the point that it is no longer a black hole. Unless you know of anything that can pull off a miracle like that, I can't really help."

And if that doesn't work,

[X] “... travel to the past and prevent the whole thing from happening.”

Doctor Bill Nye doesn't have the same ring to it as Doctor Who, but it would still be fucking awesome.
>> No. 3680
>>3676
She ought to think "Suika" (okay, probably "That annoying drunk freeloading oni") when she hears "reduce the density". Reimu may not be educated, but she's at least observant enough for that, I'd think.
>> No. 3681
>>3680
I wasn't talking about the write-in, I was talking about
>...wat a sec. Reimu ought to know about black holes and stuff already! Suika used them a lot in IaMP!
Sorry for the confusion.

The write-in wins, but I've got to brainstorm a bit before writing it. Updates either later tonight or tomorrow.
>> No. 3682
[x] “... travel to the past and prevent the whole thing from happening.”
>> No. 3683
[x] "...either : 1) travel to the past and prevent the whole thing from happening. I'd dismiss this out of hand, but I've seen so many instances of things basically giving physics the finger since coming here that I figure there's a good chance you've got someone here that does that for a living.
[x] "Or... 2) somehow reduce its density to the point that it is no longer a black hole. Again, though, unless you know of anything that can pull off a miracle like that, I can't really help."
>> No. 3684
[x] "...somehow reduce its density to the point that it is no longer a black hole. Unless you know of anything that can pull off a miracle like that, I can't really help."

Superior semi-subtle meta-gaming write-in is superior, semi-subtle, and meta-gaming.
>> No. 3685
File 121558411490.png - (11.77KB , 128x256 , Th03rikako01.png ) [iqdb]
3685
Hey.

This is a total off-topic sort of thing, sort of, but...

I wonder when...?
>> No. 3686
>[ ] “... travel to the past and prevent the whole thing from happening.”

You can't do that Nye you'll create a time paradox!

[x] "...somehow reduce its density to the point that it is no longer a black hole. Unless you know of anything that can pull off a miracle like that, I can't really help."
>> No. 3687
File 121560348524.jpg - (17.50KB , 440x248 , 32323POP3_Old_Man_close_up.jpg ) [iqdb]
3687
>>3664
>[ ] “... travel to the past and prevent the whole thing from happening.”

You cannot change your fate, Prince. No man can!
>> No. 3688
[x] “... travel to the past and prevent the whole thing from happening.”
This would be awesome.
>> No. 3689
[ ] “... throw the black hole into space, assuming it hasn’t consumed the world yet.”

I get the feeling that time travel may also result in Bill never going to Gensokyo and meeting Nitori, of course the whole thing is theoretical certainly but I'd rather go with a more sure thing.

Why not just get Yukari to gap the whole fucking thing into space?

Also, nice job in here I'm really enjoying it.
>> No. 3690
[] "...somehow reduce its density to the point that it is no longer a black hole. Unless you know of anything that can pull off a miracle like that, I can't really help."

Most logical. A black hole is really just high-density matter. If you lower the density, it stops being a black hole.
>> No. 3691
>>3690
>Most logical. A black hole is really just high-density matter. If you lower the density, it stops being a black hole.

lol science
>> No. 3692
A black hole has infinite density. Even if we could explain to Suika what we need her to do, I'd think it'd be beyond her powers. Assuming this is the white hole end (which it should be, if things are being vomited here from the outside), nothing affected by gravity is going to be able to enter the event horizon.

Reimu is the only being who is referred to in the canon as explicitly able to shrug off the effects of gravity completely, and likely the only being capable of viewing the singularity itself and able to cross the event horizons of white holes & black holes freely. If she can extend that power temporarily to an object, by using seals, she should be able to deliver an anti-matter payload directly to the singularity, back off to safe distance, and let the seals holding in the anti-matter time out.
>> No. 3693
>>3692
This is now our backup plan.
>> No. 3694
>>3692
Suika can create black holes, and collapse them when she is done. Besides, infinite density should be impossible, due to the displacement of matter. It could be crunched together, with little, if any, space between pieces, but that is still a limited density. By spreading the particles far enough apart and releasing them, they should turn back into normal matter. I haven't researched black holes before, though, so I'm not sure how accurate this is.
>> No. 3695
[x] "...somehow reduce its density to the point that it is no longer a black hole. Unless you know of anything that can pull off a miracle like that, I can't really help."

“Listen. The only way to do that would be to somehow reduce its density to the point that it is no longer a black hole. It’s impossible, since nothing can leave the black hole once it enters.” You sigh. “Really, if you were paying attention earlier, you would know this.”

“Did you say density?” She asks, taking another sip of her tea.

“Yes. I also said it a large number of times during my explanation...”

“Well, I might know someone that could do that. I don’t really get it, but I think she said that her power is the ability to manipulate density. She’s living at my shrine currently.”

Nitori speaks up. “Yeah, Suika can make and destroy her own black holes, can’t she? Maybe she could destroy this one?”

Right, you had completely forgotten about this Suika person, since up until this morning you weren’t being asked to solve a problem at all. You had treated that as talk, not a potential solution to something.

“Oh, is that what she calls them?” Reimu asks Nitori, “I never bothered to ask.”

“Well, guys, is it even possible to leave Gensokyo?” You ask, making sure that the people here aren’t overlooking a glaring error in their plans, “I mean, if the black hole was here, we would theoretically be inside of it by now. We’ll have to go outside the border to stop it, I think.”

“I don’t think it’s here, either. The hole that opened in the border closed after a few minutes, like it should have.” Reimu says, being vague.

“Well?” You ask, confused, “What’s the problem then? If the hole closed up, then...”

“The hole was huge. The border is like a living entity, so closing a wound that big left it weakened. And,” She pauses, “its strength isn’t coming back like it should, either... it really feels like it could break at any moment.” She frowns. “So, you can understand why I came after you. It felt like you had tried to deal a killing blow to the border.”

“I think I get it.” You nod. “Yeah, that makes sense. But, about being able to go back to the other side...”

“It’s possible to send you back, Bill, but that’s only because you’re a human. I wouldn’t be able to send a youkai with you.” She takes another sip of her tea. “I guess I’ll have to find that person after all...”

“’That person’?”

“Yes.” Sip. “I don’t really want to, but it looks like I’ve got no choice.” She sighs, “Haaaa... and I thought I had finally solved it, too.”

You almost ask for a name, but decide against it. You wouldn’t know them anyway.

“Well,” Reimu says, standing up after finishing her cup of tea, “I guess we can’t really do anything now. Thank you for the tea, Hina, and the hospitality, Nitori.” She looks at you. “I’ll find you in a few days, after I find the person that can help.” Walking for the door, she turns around to give you a parting shot before leaving completely. “Don’t mess anything else up.”

“...I didn’t try to mess anything up in the first place.” You mutter under your breath. She leaves.

You're still recovering from the Reimu lecture and all the doomsday scenarios it made you think of, so you continue drinking tea in silence. Eventually, Hina speaks up.

“...so, are you hungry, Bill?”

“Yeah. I haven’t eaten anything since... last night.” At that realization, your hunger triples.

“Well,” She says, standing up, “I don’t think there’s any breakfast left, and we skipped lunch... but, there are a few peeled cucumbers left over, I think. I’ll go get them.”

Hina makes for the kitchen, leaving you and Nitori alone on the sofa.

[ ] “... what a crazy morning, huh?”
[ ] “Thanks for trying to protect me earlier. I really appreciate it.”
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 3696
[] “... what a crazy morning, huh?”
[] “Thanks for trying to protect me earlier. I really appreciate it.”
>> No. 3697
Wait wait WAIT. I just realized how we could stop the black hole, though it could admittedly be dangerous. Have Yukari manipulate the border of matter and energy to artificialyl create Hawking radiation. If it's grown much, though, it could be kinda dangerous, so maybe moving it first would be a good idea...
>> No. 3698
>>3694
>Besides, infinite density should be impossible, due to the displacement of matter. It could be crunched together, with little, if any, space between pieces, but that is still a limited density. By spreading the particles far enough apart and releasing them, they should turn back into normal matter. I haven't researched black holes before, though, so I'm not sure how accurate this is.

But that's exactly what a gravitational singularity is. Infinite density. Zero volume. Matter is crushed into a point. And at energies of this magnitude the natural forces and dimensions become indistinct anyway.
>> No. 3699
We'll have to remember to head back to the waterfall later, and pick up our fairy.

Breakfast for now, though.
>> No. 3700
[x] “... what a crazy morning, huh?”
[x] “Thanks for trying to protect me earlier. I really appreciate it.”

>>3697

There's a million and one ways Yukari could solve this problem. It's not likely she will though.
>> No. 3701
[ ] “... what a crazy morning, huh?”
[ ] “Thanks for trying to protect me earlier. I really appreciate it.”
>> No. 3702
[ ] “... what a crazy morning, huh?”
[ ] “Thanks for trying to protect me earlier. I really appreciate it.”
>> No. 3703
>>3694
>Besides, infinite density should be impossible, due to the displacement of matter. It could be crunched together, with little, if any, space between pieces, but that is still a limited density.
Black holes are (theoretically) a point of infinite space-time curvature. You know how general relativity says that gravity is actually the fabric of the universe curving due to mass, like a bowling ball on a sheet of rubber?

It turns out if you take the equations and plug in a high enough amount of mass in a small enough space, space-time curves to the point that it's impossible for anything within a certain range (the event horizon) to escape, even light. And since the speed of light has to be constant from any frame of reference, that means some extremely weird shit is going on there. In some coordinate systems, moving toward the singularity becomes equivalent to moving along the time axis, i.e. time simply elapsing.

Theoretically, the infinite curvature should be able to contain an infinite amount of mass in a single point. Unfortunately, we already KNOW this theory is incomplete, because this is one of the few places where general relativity and quantum mechanics can both be applied, and...they don't agree. We don't have a single theory that covers physics at both the macroscopic (general relativity) and microscopic (quantum physics) levels. So, we can't really predict what actually happens to particles at the singularity itself, if the singularity even exists.
>> No. 3704
[ ] “... what a crazy morning, huh?”
>> No. 3705
File 121563471977.jpg - (197.89KB , 768x1024 , 1208749389383.jpg ) [iqdb]
3705
[x] “... what a crazy morning, huh?”
[x] “Thanks for trying to protect me earlier. I really appreciate it.”

kappakappakappakappakappakappakappa
>> No. 3706
[ ] “... what a crazy morning, huh?”
[ ] “Thanks for trying to protect me earlier. I really appreciate it.”
>> No. 3707
>>3703
Okay, right, so in theory moving closer to the center of the black hole is also moving farther ahead in time, so the center of the black hole is the infinate future. Close?
>> No. 3708
>>3707

I CAN SEE FOREVER.
>> No. 3709
>>3703

BILL IS THAT YOU?!

How is Youkai Mountain?
>> No. 3710
>>3707
Also, something just occured to me: The fastest way to move something from the outside world to Gensokyo, without someone like Yukari, is to make said thing become fantasy. It's how Moriya Shrine was moved. What if, because of the nature of a singularity, Bill and everythign else that got sucked in and became fantasy? Random theory, anyway.
>> No. 3711
>>3700
Yukari feels the Barrier is just as much her responsibility as it is Reimu's. If it's weakening and threatening to end Gensokyo, she'll help.
>> No. 3712
>>3707
>Okay, right, so in theory moving closer to the center of the black hole is also moving farther ahead in time, so the center of the black hole is the infinate future. Close?

No. Once caught inside the event horizon, your worldline is pinned. You will reach the singularity within a finite amount of time, which is usually quite short.
>> No. 3713
>>3711

Then why hasn't she found us or done something about it already? Yukari will do only what she needs to, and nothing more. If she thinks we can handle it, she'll let us handle it.
>> No. 3714
[x] “... what a crazy morning, huh?”
[x] “Thanks for trying to protect me earlier. I really appreciate it.”

You lean back into the sofa, your face still aching a bit. “What a crazy morning, huh? Well, I guess it’s not really morning anymore, but still.”

“...yeah, I guess it was pretty crazy.” Nitori answers, a bit quietly.

“Hey... thanks for trying to protect me earlier. I really appreciate it.”

Looking over, you notice that Nitori is blushing. “...but I didn’t protect you. In fact, I caused you to get attacked. That leg was a terrible idea. I should have never built the thing.”

You smile. “Oh? No, I think Reimu would have beat me up even if I didn’t have this leg. She seemed to have her mind set on shooting me.” Laughing, you add, “I think this leg is the most interesting thing I’ve ever seen, and that’s coming from a particle physicist.”

It’s not a lie. At one point in your life, the only thing you could count on was your brain. You didn’t get into fights, you either avoided them through careful planning or by simply giving into the threat of violence. You got a job using your brain, and you ended up with a 6 figure salary using your brain. But now... you almost beat the guardian of Gensokyo in your first fight, the guardian of a world where people can create black holes on a whim. The power of your mind has been given a raw output in more direct terms, and it’s an interesting feeling.

“So, anyway, thanks.” You lean back on the sofa. This would be a good time to tease her, but... it seems like she’s had a rough day.

Hina returns, and gives you a smile. “Here,” she says, handing you a small bowl filled with cucumbers, “you need to keep up your strength.”

You much them down hungrily, wasting no time. They aren’t exactly filling, but it’ll have to do. It’s free food, so you shouldn’t complain.

“Well,” you ask, trying to make conversation, “What now? I don’t really want to sit around and wallow in despair about the world collapsing and stuff.”

“Ah, actually...” Hina speaks up, “I was going to go into the human village and do some shopping today. You’re both welcome to join me, if you’d like.”

Nitori speaks, her usual carefree tone back. “Actually, I was thinking about stopping by Kourindou today. I haven’t checked his goods in a while, and I’m sure he’s got a few new things after all that’s happened. That, and,” she looks at you, a mischevious smile across her face, “we still have to pick up a copy of Aya’s paper.”

You groan. “Oh, yeah. I almost forgot.”

“So, it’s settled then? We can all go together.” Hina asks you, smiling. “This’ll be fun.”

[ ] “Actually... can I stop by the waterfall first? I’m worried about the fairy.”
[ ] “I’m still feeling a little tired. You two go on ahead without me.”
[ ] “Kourindou? Sounds interesting. Let’s go before it gets too late.”
>> No. 3715
[ ] “Kourindou? Sounds interesting. Let’s go before it gets too late.”

[ ] “Actually... can we stop by the waterfall first? I’m worried about the fairy.”
>> No. 3716
[X] “Actually... can I stop by the waterfall first? I’m worried about the fairy.”

Fairy!
>> No. 3717
[ ] “Actually... can I stop by the waterfall first? I’m worried about the fairy.”
>> No. 3718
[x] “Actually... can I stop by the waterfall first? I’m worried about the fairy.”

Fairy companion GET.
>> No. 3719
[z] “Actually... can I stop by the waterfall first? I’m worried about the fairy.”
>> No. 3720
「X」 “Actually... can I stop by the waterfall first? I’m worried about the fairy.”

Now we need to fight others with our new powers and become a force to be reckoned with. We shall prove that SCIENCE can be an equal force against magic.
>> No. 3721
[x] “Actually... can I stop by the waterfall first? I’m worried about the fairy.”


I wonder if she'll retain memories of us.
>> No. 3722
[ ] “Actually... can I stop by the waterfall first? I’m worried about the fairy.”
>> No. 3723
[x] “Actually... can I stop by the waterfall first? I’m worried about the fairy.”

We are the creepiest.
>> No. 3725
[ ] “Actually... can I stop by the waterfall first? I’m worried about the fairy.”

Unnecessary but token vote is unnecessary, but token.
>> No. 3726
[x] “Kourindou? Sounds interesting. Let’s go before it gets too late.”

Fairy assistant might mean no robot maid assistant, and I can't have that.
>> No. 3727
>>3726

Two assistants.
>> No. 3728
[ ] “Actually... can I stop by the waterfall first? I’m worried about the fairy.”
>> No. 3729
[ ] “Actually... can I stop by the waterfall first? I’m worried about the fairy.”

Poor thing got hurt because of us.
>> No. 3730
>>3726

The robot will be Nitori's assistant. The fairy will be ours.
>> No. 3731
[x] “Kourindou? Sounds interesting. Let’s go before it gets too late.”
We will make the fairy into a robot fairy!
>> No. 3732
[X] “Actually... can I stop by the waterfall first? I’m worried about the fairy.”

FAIRIES!
>> No. 3733
[] “Actually... can I stop by the waterfall first? I’m worried about the fairy.”
>> No. 3734
[X] “Actually... can I stop by the waterfall first? I’m worried about the fairy.”

Kira, if you're reading this, [X] FAIRIES!
>> No. 3735
Updates?
>> No. 3736
[+] “Kourindou? Sounds interesting. Let’s go before it gets too late.”
[+] “Actually... can we stop by the waterfall first? I’m worried about the fairy.”
>> No. 3737
[x] “Actually... can I stop by the waterfall first? I’m worried about the fairy.”

“Actually... can I stop by the waterfall first?” You sigh. “I’m worried about the fairy.”

Both Nitori and Hina look at you a little strangely, though Nitori is the one that speaks up. “Really? It’ll be fine, you know.”

“Yeah. I personally believe it’s my fault that it got blasted, so I’d like to see if it’s OK.” You say, winking at Nitori. “That’s normal, right?”

“A-ah...” She blushes. Hina shoots you a small grin.

“Besides,” you add “It shouldn’t take too long.”

“Well, I could accompany you, Bill.” Hina says, adding, "It's not too far by air."

“I'll go, too.” Nitori says, breaking out of her shyness. It seems your technique is working. “Let’s be quick, though, Kourindou closes around 6.”

“How far away is it?” you ask, not really sure. It’s still 4, so it seems like there’s plenty of time...

“About twenty miles.”

That’s a bit troubling. “Hey, I can’t fly that fast. You saw how slow I was moving earlier, right, Nitori?”

“Yep. But you ended up moving pretty fast after you flipped upside down, right? You should just do that.”

You sigh. This leg might be powerful, but you look like a complete idiot whenever you leave the ground. “I guess. Well, let’s get going.”

You all head for the door, making your way out into the midday sunlight. Nitori and Hina take flight effortlessly, and again, you sigh. Doing that would be nice. You balance on your leg and move into the air slowly. Then, making sure your pen is secured in your pocket by a hand, you lean to the side. You’re upside down in a flash. The blood in your body rushes to your head.

“Alright,” you say, feeling like an idiot, “Let’s get this over with before I pass out.”

The three of you make your way up the river, towards the falls. You make it there in about ten minutes... and you marvel at how slow you must have been walking yesterday. At this speed, it doesn’t seem like that far at all. Although awkward, flying is pretty convenient.

“Ah,” you yell, pointing down to a particularly large rock, “this is where I met her. Let’s land.”

Flying might be convenient, but landing is not. You simply lower yourself to the ground, and with no way to flip over, slowly descend and use your back as a landing platform. You drop your leg, and then stand up. Both Nitori and Hina are giggling at you.

You look around. How did you find that fairy, anyway? It just sort of came up and attacked you. Now that you’re actually here... well, you’ve got no idea how to find her. You look around for a while, hoping to see something.

“So,” Hina asks, “Do you see her?”

“No.”

Nitori speaks up. “Yeah... didn’t I say she probably wouldn’t be back yet? Regenerating a body takes time, you know.”

“I... suppose you did.”

“I like this place as much as anyone else,” Nitori says, looking around, “But we should get going.”

[ ] Give up. You can look tomorrow.
[ ] Insist on staying.
>> No. 3738
[x] “Kourindou? Sounds interesting. Let’s go before it gets too late.”

Let's focus a bit more on the world and less on the fairy. It will probably be there when we get back; we have two whole days.
>> No. 3739
[ ] Give up. You can look tomorrow.

Town ho!
>> No. 3740
{X} Give up. You can look tomorrow.
Fairy~ :< so slow
>> No. 3741
[X] Insist on staying.
heartless bastards, keep on waiting for her here.
>> No. 3742
[x] Give up. You can look tomorrow.

I'm sure she'll be fine.
>> No. 3743
[ ] Give up. You can look tomorrow. Leave a note/object so she knows you came looking.
>> No. 3744
[ ] Give up. You can look tomorrow. Leave a note/object so she knows you came looking.
>> No. 3746
[x] Give up. You can look tomorrow. Leave a note/object so she knows you came looking.
>> No. 3747
[ ] Give up. You can look tomorrow. Leave a note/object so she knows you came looking.
>> No. 3748
[+] Give up. You can look tomorrow. Leave a note/object so she knows you came looking.
The watch, maybe?
>> No. 3749
[x] Give up. You can look tomorrow.
[x] Etch a "λ" on the large rock with your leg laser so she knows you came looking.

awesome.jpg
>> No. 3750
[x] Give up. You can look tomorrow.
[x] Etch a "λ" on the large rock with your leg laser so she knows you came looking.
>> No. 3751
[x] Give up. You can look tomorrow.
[x] Etch a "λ" on the large rock with your leg laser so she knows you came looking.
>> No. 3752
[x] Give up. You can look tomorrow.
[x] Etch a "λ" on the large rock with your leg laser so she knows you came looking.
>> No. 3753
[x] Give up. You can look tomorrow.
[x] Etch a "λ" on the large rock with your leg laser so she knows you came looking.

Some sort of sign is better than no sort of sign.
Also: >Flying might be convenient, but landing is not. You simply lower yourself to the ground, and with no way to flip over, slowly descend and use your back as a landing platform. You drop your leg, and then stand up.
Best landing form ever.
>> No. 3754
[x] Give up. You can look tomorrow. Leave a note/object so she knows you came looking.

“Yeah,” You say, “I guess you’re right. Let me leave something so that she’ll know I came looking for her.”

Fishing around in your pocket, the only thing you find is your pen. It seems your wallet, and any photo IDs that may have been inside, have gone missing at some point. You don’t remember it being in your pocket the day you first woke up, so it probably went missing during the accident... not that the things in it would really matters in Gensokyo. Your lab coat? No, you’ve always loved that lab coat. You’ve even worn it out in public a few times, just to mess with people. Your watch, on the other hand...

She might remember waking you up, and you can part with it relatively easily. You undo the strap and place it on top of the rock.

“There. Now we can leave.”

All three of you head into the air, heading down the mountain towards parts unknown. Once you clear the river valley of the mountain, you can see that this place really has been untouched by humans. Aside from the busted up CERN complex lying a bit further down river, away from the mountain, there doesn’t seem to be anything human made that you can see.

Making your way away from the mountain, the three of you end up flying over a large forest. Off in the distance you can make out an end to the forest, and what appear to be buildings a little ways beyond that. It seems that the three of you are heading for a building set far away from the rest, directly on the edge of the forest.

After a clumsy landing, you can see “Kourindou” in large letters across the top of the building, but it’s written in Kanji. You silently marvel at the translation device stuck in your head.

“Well,” Hina says, looking at the store, “I’d love to go in with you two, but it’s getting late. I don’t really want to show up as the food store owner is closing up, so... I’ll see you two for dinner, then?”

[ ] “Actually... are there any places in town we could eat at? That way you wouldn’t have to cook, Hina.”
[ ] “Yeah, see you at dinner. I’m look forward to it.”
[ ] “Actually... I kind of want to see the human village. Would you mind if I went with you, Hina?”
=============
Last update for today, I'm going to sleep.
>> No. 3755
[ ] “Yeah, see you at dinner. I’m looking forward to it.”
>> No. 3756
[ ] “Yeah, see you at dinner. I’m look forward to it.”
>> No. 3757
[ ] “Yeah, see you at dinner. I’m look forward to it.”
>> No. 3759
File 121567765069.jpg - (82.39KB , 500x600 , 1215296955871.jpg ) [iqdb]
3759
[ x ] “Yeah, see you at dinner. I’m look forward to it.”

HINA/
>> No. 3760
File 12156837777.jpg - (226.38KB , 510x671 , 1215297099128.jpg ) [iqdb]
3760
[x] “Yeah, see you at dinner. I’m look forward to it.”

MOAR HINA/
>> No. 3761
[ ] “Yeah, see you at dinner. I’m look forward to it.”
>> No. 3762
[x] “Yeah, i will have you for dinner. I’m look forward to it.”
>> No. 3763
[x] “Yeah, see you at dinner. I’m looking forward to it.”
Time for the obligatory bargaining with Outsider knowledge at Kourindou.
>> No. 3764
[+] “Yeah, see you at dinner. I’m looking forward to it.”
>> No. 3765
[x] “Yeah, see you at dinner. I’m looking forward to it.”

“Yeah, see you at dinner. I’m looking forward to it.”

Nitori chimes in. “Yep. Hey, Hina? Could you pick me up some more cucumbers, too?”

Hina nods, “Sure. That shouldn’t be a problem.” She leaps into the air, waves to the two of you, and flies off in the direction of the larger cluster of buildings that you saw.

As you and Nitori make your way into Kourindou, you decide to strike up some conversation. “Cucumbers?” You ask, “Why cucumbers? Surely, you could pick something a bit more tasty...”

“Ahahaha, are you kidding? Cucumbers are delicious. The only thing that even comes close is...” she pauses for a few seconds, building up a mischievous smile, “human children.”

You’ve got no idea if she’s being serious or not. “Wha-“

Nitori opens the door and steps inside. “Hello, Rinnosuke!”

You follow after her, entering the shop.

“Hello, Nitori. What brings you to Kourindou today?”

“I just stopped by to see if you picked up anything I missed from the latest incident.” Nitori says, already making her way around the shop. “There was some really cool stuff this time.”

Rinnosuke looks at you, raising an eyebrow in curiosity. “Like him?” He laughs. “I’ve never seen you before, so welcome to Kourindou. I am Rinnosuke Morichika, owner of this shop of outside world goods. And you are...?”

“Bill Nye. I’m a scientist from the outside world. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Rinnosuke.”

The inside of Kourindou looks very similar to an ill-kept pawn shop. All of the tables, counters, even some of the floor, are covered in random objects. Most of them you recognize as things that you know of. A few of them you recognize as things you might have known personally. There’s a joke coffee mug that one of your friends owned, with the phrase “I <3 my Large Hadron” on the side. You wonder how it survived being flung into a black hole.

There seems to be clothing here, probably from the locker rooms located near your department. Various lab coats hang around, along with protective pants, goggles, and the like. There even seem to be some containers marked as radioactive, probably from the ISOLDE facility. Looking them over, none of them seem to be Uranium. There does, however, seem to be some thorium... not that it will do Ruukoto much good.

Continuing your tour, you eventually come across some stuff that doesn’t seem to have come from CERN. Street clothes hang in a rack in the back, looking like the back of a thrift store, and there seem to be several firearms tucked away on a shelf. In another corner you find a whole table loaded with DVDs, but they’re mostly boring or cliche movies. The title ‘Army of Darkness’ catches your eye, though.

Nitori seems to be focusing more on the obviously CERN stuff. After a while, she asks you, “See anything you like? I could probably afford to get you a couple of things.”

[ ] “Have you ever watched a DVD before, Nitori? This movie is great.”
[ ] “I could use some more lab clothes... and pants.”
[ ] “I could use some more clothes... and pants.”
[ ] “This mug. It was made for me.”
[ ] “Actually, want to try building a breeder reactor? We could use this thorium as fuel.”
>> No. 3766
[ ] “I could use some more lab clothes... and pants.”
[ ] “Actually, want to try building a breeder reactor? We could use this thorium as fuel.”

Things that were "made for you" are bad things.
>> No. 3767
[X] “Actually, want to try building a breeder reactor? We could use this thorium as fuel.”

SCIENCE
>> No. 3768
[x] “I could use some more lab clothes... and pants.”
[x] “Actually, want to try building a breeder reactor? We could use this thorium as fuel.”

FOR SCIENCE!
>> No. 3769
[x] “I could use some more lab clothes... and pants.”
[x] “Have you ever watched a DVD before, Nitori? This movie is great.”
[x] “Actually, want to try building a breeder reactor? We could use this thorium as fuel.”
>> No. 3770
[ ] “I could use some more lab clothes... and pants.”
[ ] “Actually, want to try building a breeder reactor? We could use this thorium as fuel.”
>> No. 3771
[X] “I could use some more lab clothes... and pants.”
[X] “Actually, want to try building a breeder reactor? We could use this thorium as fuel.”
>> No. 3772
[X] Don't forget to buy a crowbar
>> No. 3773
[ ] “I could use some more lab clothes... and pants.”
[ ] “Actually, want to try building a breeder reactor? We could use this thorium as fuel.”
>> No. 3774
[ ] “I could use some more lab clothes... and pants.”
[ ] “Actually, want to try building a breeder reactor? We could use this thorium as fuel.”
For the lulz.
>> No. 3775
[x] “Have you ever watched a DVD before, Nitori? This movie is great.”

Chainsaw arm? Groovy.

[x] “This mug. It was made for me.”

DRR... DRR... DRR...

[x] “I could use some more lab clothes... and pants.”

We have a good thing going here.

[x] “Actually, want to try building a breeder reactor? We could use this thorium as fuel.”

First the robot. Then we'll used the leftovers to build a nuclear weapon. For SCIENCE!
>> No. 3776
[X] “I could use some more lab clothes... and pants.”
[X] “Actually, want to try building a breeder reactor? We could use this thorium as fuel.”
>> No. 3777
[ ] “Have you ever watched a DVD before, Nitori? This movie is great.”
That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?
>> No. 3778
[X] “Actually, want to try building a breeder reactor? We could use this thorium as fuel.”
>> No. 3779
[X] “I could use some more lab clothes... and pants.”
[X] “Actually, want to try building a breeder reactor? We could use this thorium as fuel.”
Actually, it's probably best if we get all radioactive materials out of there. Who knows what kind of damage it's inflicting upon the unknowing.
>> No. 3780
[x] Don't forget to look for a crowbar.
This really should become our signature weapon.
Hell, we could pass it off as an improvised cane, in public. Then, if shit starts going south, and things need smashin' we'll be ready.

Plus, it's a handy utility device.
>> No. 3781
[x] “I could use some more lab clothes... and pants.”
[x] “Actually, want to try building a breeder reactor? We could use this thorium as fuel.”

“Well...” you say, walking back over to the CERN section, “I could use some more lab clothes.” Looking down, you notice that your pant leg is still shredded. “And pants. I need a few more pairs of pants.” Looking back, you also notice a few pairs of boxers on a shelf above. Wearing someone else’s boxers will give you the creeps, but it’s a necessity. “And some of these.” You say, motioning to them.

“Wow, uh...” Nitori looks at all the stuff you’ve just pointed out, “I guess you do need some more clothes, don’t you?”

“Yeah.”

“I think I can afford that.” She looks back to the shopkeeper. “Rinnosuke? How much would all of this cost?”

“Well...” he thinks for a moment, “I suppose I could trade them for some ’9-volt batteries’, if you have them. My electric lamp has stopped working.”

“Done! I’ll drop them off tomorrow.” She turns back to you, “Anything else, Bill?”

“Actually...” you say, walking back to the thorium, “Want to try building a breeder reactor? We could use this thorium as fuel.”

“’Breeder reactor’? What’s that?”

“Well, it’s a type of nuclear reactor that can produce its own fuel. Usually, you’d need uranium or plutonium to get it started, but I’ve had a few theories...”

“Hey, that sounds kind of fun.” She turns back to Rinnosuke. “How much for this, then?” She asks, pointing at the thorium.

“That?” He says, showing obvious disinterest, “You can have that. It’s just a white powder, nothing I’d be able to sell to anyone else.”

What kind of shop is this? He hasn’t asked for anything even remotely valuable. You consider trying to trade off your pen for that DVD, but it’s an awesome pen. You can’t trade it off that easily.

“Oh, and I need a copy of the Bunbunmaru.” Nitori says, scooping up the container holding the thorium.

“I can afford to give those away. Aya always gives me more than I can sell.” Rinnosuke reaches behind his counter, and pulls out a copy... and pauses to look at it. He turns to you. “This looks a lot like you. ‘Mad Scientist Accidentally Discovers Border Breaking Combination’?” He gives a slow, sympathetic laugh. “Welcome to Gensokyo.”

“I think that’ll be everything, then. Bill, could you get your clothes?”

You scoop up a few lab coats, undershirts, pants, and some boxers. Making a makeshift knapsack out of one of the lab coats, you manage to tie them up in a way that everything won’t fall out mid-flight.

The two of you head outside, bidding farewell to Rinnosuke, with you holding the clothing and Nitori cradling the box with the thorium in it with the newspaper. You’d be worried if you didn’t know that thorium produces alpha radiation.

“Well,” Nitori says, looking at you, “Let’s head back.”

The two of you head up into the air, but you’re moving at a much more leisurely pace on the way back. Not slow enough that you can maintain your balance, however, so you tip over to get it over with. You clutch the makeshift bag of clothes in both arms.

Eventually, you make it back to the cave, not having lost a single article of clothing. The sun is getting lower now, and everything is taking on a slightly orange tint. You’ve got no idea what time it is, because you left your watch at the falls.

Once the two of you make it inside the cave, Nitori turns around. “So, what’re you going to do till supper?”

“How much time to I have?” You ask. Nitori looks up towards the cave ceiling for a few seconds, and her eyes go blank.

“Oh, I don’t know." She says, looking back at you. "Hina usually shows up in about an hour, but she might be running late today.”

[ ] Read the newspaper.
[ ] Fly back to the falls, look for the fairy.
[ ] Head down to the lab, start on the reactor.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 3782
[λ] “I could use some more lab clothes... and pants.”
[λ] “Actually, want to try building a breeder reactor? We could use this thorium as fuel.”
[λ] “This mug. It was made for me.”
>> No. 3783
[ ] Fly back to the falls look for the fairy.
>> No. 3784
[ ] Fly back to the falls look for the fairy.
[ ] Bring the newspaper with you to read.
>> No. 3785
[ x ] Head down to the lab, start on the reactor.

We left the watch for the fairy to wake us up with, remember?

Time for sum supa science.
>> No. 3786
[x] Read the newspaper.
[x] Head down to the lab, start on the reactor.
>> No. 3787
>>3783

>She might remember waking you up, and you can part with it relatively easily. You undo the strap and place it on top of the rock.

GENTLEMEN, WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?
MiG Anon?

[ x ] Head down to the lab, start on the reactor.
>> No. 3788
[x] Head down to the lab, start on the reactor.
>> No. 3789
>>3782
Slowest of the pokes.
>> No. 3790
[λ] Read the newspaper.
[λ] Head down to the lab, start on the reactor.

Our fraternity was ΛΛΛ.
>> No. 3791
[λ] Fly back to the falls, look for the fairy.
[λ] Read the newspaper.
>> No. 3792
[λ] Read the newspaper.
[λ] Head down to the lab, start on the reactor.

TO THE BATCAVE
>> No. 3793
[ ] Read the newspaper.
[ ] Head down to the lab, start on the reactor.
>> No. 3794
[X] Head down to the lab, start on the reactor.

Nuclear reactan gaems.
>> No. 3795
[λ] Read the newspaper.
[λ] Head down to the lab, start on the reactor.

ONCE THE NYE REACTOR IS MASS PRODUCED
>> No. 3796
[x] Head down to the lab, start on the reactor.

“Well...” You say, thinking, “I guess that I could get started on that reactor. I’m going to be doing some preliminary planning for a neutron producer, so...”

“Oh, really?” Nitori asks, “I’ve got a blackboard stashed away downstairs, if you want to use it. I usually just plan things out in my head, but I know humans don’t always do that.”

“Yeah, that would be helpful. Access to the CERN supercomputer array would be nice, but...” You sigh. “It’s probably in several pieces now.”

“Well, c’mon,” Nitori says, motioning for you to follow her. She seems pretty excited about this reactor. “I’ll get it out for you.”

You follow her, throwing your new clothes into the room you’ve been staying in. You can change later.

Making your way into the lab, you notice that many of the piles of junk have become shorter, more spread out. “So... did we do this?” You ask, motioning to the mess.

“Ahaha... yeah. The fight between you two this morning was something else, Bill.” Saying this, she starts to run off in a different direction. “I’ll be back with the blackboard in a minute, so go pick an empty workbench, OK?”

Looking around, you find that there is only one empty workbench within immediate view. It’s the one that was housing your leg up until this morning. It seems oddly fitting, so you walk over and take a seat.

Looking over, you notice that your peg-leg and the cane are still resting on the table. You sit there for a few minutes, going over this new reactor design in your head. If you had uranium, it would be much easier to build... but really, you’re just doing this to kill time, so it doesn’t matter too much. If you had uranium, you’d helping Nitori construct a deuterium centrifuge.

Eventually, Nitori returns with the blackboard in tow. It’s... oddly stereotypical, a long green chalkboard on wheels. Just like something that you’d find in a college lecture hall.

“Sorry, it took a bit longer to find than I had planned. Here,” she says, handing you a box of yellow chalk, “I think you’ll need these.”

“Yeah, thanks.” You say, pulling a piece of chalk from the box, “What are you going to be up to?”

“Me? I’m going to be reading about you, Bill,” Nitori says, grinning. She takes a seat on your work bench.

“So, where did the thorium go? I don’t really need it now, but...”

“Oh, that? I filed it.” So it’s been hidden among the vast piles of stuff. “Just ask me when you need it.”

You get to work. The idea is sound. There are multiple ways to get neutrons to split from the nucleus, but cosmic radiation will be the easiest, considering what you have to work with.

You start writing. Equations soon fill the board... and the back side, too. It’s been a while since you’ve done this, but you never recall being this quick about coming up with some of this stuff. It’s like you’ve tapped into some part of your brain that you’ve never used before. Perhaps it’s just experience experience, but...

“...hey, Bill?” Nitori is standing in front of you now, a frown on her face. “Are you all right?”

“Huh?” Why does she seem so worried? “Yeah, I’m fine. Why do you ask?”

“Well, I’ve called out your name a few times, and you didn’t answer.” She seems a little worried. “You just kept writing on the board...”

You didn’t hear her at all. That’s odd... you zone out sometimes, but usually not that badly.

“I was getting pretty excited about this potential conversion of a magnetron into a device that could produce cosmic radiation, so... I was probably just ignoring you.” You smile. “Sorry. I tend to zone out when I’m thinking.”

“Yeah, I guess it’s nothing, then” She doesn’t seem too convinced. “Well, it’s about time for Hina to show up. Want to head upstairs?”

[ ] “Sure, let’s go.” Grab cane.
[ ] “Sure, let’s go.” Leave cane.
[ ] “Actually... I’d like a little more time to work on this.”
>> No. 3797
[X] “Sure, let’s go.” Grab cane.

SCIENCE/
>> No. 3799
[X] “Actually... I’d like a little more time to work on this.”

We're going to build this reactor in a CAVE! With SCRAPS!
>> No. 3800
[X] “Sure, let’s go.” Grab cane.

House is one of our (many) middle names.
>> No. 3801
[ ] “Sure, let’s go.” Grab cane.
>> No. 3802
[+] “Sure, let’s go.” Grab cane.
>> No. 3803
[ ] “Sure, let’s go.” Grab cane.
>> No. 3804
[ ] “Sure, let’s go.” Grab cane.
>> No. 3805
[λ] “LET'S ROLL.” Grab cane.
>> No. 3806
[X] “Actually... I’d like a little more time to work on this.”

>>3799

And next we're going to build ourselves a suit of iron and kick some terrorist ass.

Bill Nye is IRON MAN.
>> No. 3807
File 121575768999.png - (5.48KB , 126x126 , Th02FlyingTankSigma.png ) [iqdb]
3807
>>3806

Bah, it would take too long to make a power suit. Unless, of course, Bill had something to start from. Something powerful that he could probably use his leg to integrate with.
>> No. 3809
[x] “Sure, let’s go.” Grab cane.

You’re hungry. Really hungry. This reactor can wait until another time... and besides, you don’t really need to be here to finish this equation. You throw it on the back burner of your mind.

“Sure, let’s go.” You reach back and grab the cane on the workbench. Nitori shoots you a curious look while you do so.

“What? I think it suits me. You don’t mind if I keep it, do you?”

“Not really, it’s just... a little weird, that’s all. But,” she adds, “I guess you’re a weird guy, so it’s fine.”

You two begin walking, making your way towards the stairs.

“Weird?” You laugh. “I’ve always thought of myself as more of an ‘eccentric chap’.”

“It’s the same thing, isn’t it?” She asks, honestly curious.

“Sure. But eccentric sounds better.”

The two of you make your way up the stairs, and head for the living room. Hina isn’t here. Nitori takes a seat on a sofa, while you decide to go get changed.

Dawning a fresh set of lab clothing, you look almost exactly like you did before... minus the shredded pant leg, of course. You make a mental note to roll it up the next time you get into combat... or just tip over and hope it slides down your leg. Heading back to the living room, you meet Hina in the hallway. It seems she has just arrived.

“Hello, Bill. You can go have a seat... dinner will be a little long in preparation tonight.” She holds up a brown burlap-looking bag. “I didn’t have time to cook everything beforehand.” Turning, she heads for the kitchen door.

[ ] Offer your culinary assistance.
[ ] Go have a seat in the living room.
[ ] Take a short walk outside.
>> No. 3810
>>3807

ONCE THE EVIL EYE Σ IS MASS PRODUCED
>> No. 3811
[ ] Offer your culinary assistance.
>> No. 3812
>You make a mental note to roll it up the next time you get into combat... or just tip over and hope it slides down your leg.

lulz

[x] Offer your culinary assistance.

Business as usual. Peelan & cookan gaems.
>> No. 3813
Also, I'm going to sleep. I'm traveling this weekend (no internet), but I'll try to get in at least one update tomorrow before I leave. If not, the next update will be sometime Sunday.
>> No. 3814
[X] Take a seat next to Nitori.

This is the Nitori route.
>> No. 3815
[x] Offer your culinary assistance.
>> No. 3821
[X] Take a seat next to Nitori.
>> No. 3822
[ ] Offer your culinary assistance.
Cooking is science, of a different kind, we must apply our knowledge.
>> No. 3823
[ ] Offer your culinary assistance.
>> No. 3824
[x] Offer your culinary assistance.

>‘Mad Scientist Accidentally Discovers Border Breaking Combination’
>Mad Scientist
facepalm.jpg Thanks there, Aya.
>> No. 3827
[+] Take a seat next to Nitori.
>> No. 3828
>>3824
Bill will be the next Frankenstein.
>> No. 3829
[λ] Offer your culinary assistance.
>> No. 3831
[X] Offer your culinary assistance.
>> No. 3833
>This reactor can wait until another time... and besides, you don’t really need to be here to finish this equation. You throw it on the back burner of your mind.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 3834
>Aside from the busted up CERN complex lying a bit further down river,

betcha a uranium particle we can salvage some stuff.
>> No. 3835
>>3809
>You throw it on the back burner of your mind.

Well, well, what do we have here? A portable version of Emergency Intelligence Incinerator? GLaDOS won't be pleased...
>> No. 3836
File 121581733759.png - (94.66KB , 407x405 , Hadroncollider.png ) [iqdb]
3836
Why the hell did I listen to you in the first place, Advice Dog?
>> No. 3842
Dammit. I still can't read "Large Hadron Collider" without misreading "Hadron" as "Hardon" and laughing.
>> No. 3844
File 121595428178.jpg - (77.45KB , 405x240 , Large Hardon Collider.jpg ) [iqdb]
3844
>>3842

Obligatory.
>> No. 3847
[x] Offer your culinary assistance.

“It sounds like you could use some help,” you say, following her into the kitchen.

“Ah, good. I was hoping you’d offer. I didn’t want to be a burden and force you into it.” She laughs, handing you some carrots and a knife. “I need these peeled and sliced.”

You get to work, using a cutting board located near the stove. Behind you, on the table, Hina is slicing up some unidentified meat. Since she makes no effort to start any conversation, you decide to.

“So, what are we making?”

Chop chop chop. “A beef stew. It’s been popular in the village lately, and I’ve wanted to try it.”

“I see. You know a lot of people in the village, then?”

“Ah...” she pauses. You’re cutting with your back to her, so you can’t really read her expression. “No. I do most of my work in secret.”

You laugh. “Really? You didn’t seem to be working secretly when you removed my curse.”

“Relieved,” she corrects, “Your curse is still there. But, to answer your question... I was fully intending to. Most humans in the village think I give curses, as well as remove them.” She sighs. “I admit that I can’t fully contain them, but the effect is minor, at best.”

You’ve finished slicing up your carrots, so you haul your cutting board over to her. She gives you a warm smile. “But, when you offered to help me, I just couldn’t let you bear that curse... and I did something I don’t usually do. You were a special case.” She takes the cutting board from you and starts dumping the carrots into a nearby pot.

You’re not sure how that makes you feel. “A special case, huh? Was my curse really that bad?”

Hina laughs, not bothering to give you an answer. “Here,” she says, handing you a few potatoes that she has just dug out of her ingredient bag, “I could use these peeled and sliced as well, if you don’t mind.”

“Sure, no problem.” You grab the potatoes and bring them back to your counter, then head back for the cutting board. When you reach for it, Hina asks. ”Bill, why do onions make humans tear up?”

What a random question. “Well,” you say, taking your cutting board back, “Breaking the skin of an onion causes a chemical reaction to occur, releasing minute amounts of a gas into the air.”

Peeling these potatoes would be a lot easier with a peeler, but you haven’t seen any.

“I’m not a chemist, so I couldn’t tell you the exact name... but this gas dissolves in the moisture in human eyes to produce a very dilute sulfuric acid.”

Peeling potatoes. The last time you did this was with your grandmother, a very long time ago.

“We... that is, humans, tear up in an attempt to flush it out of our eyes.”

She laughs. “That was a good answer, but I don’t know what sulfuric acid is.”

Oh. “Well... you’ve had oranges or lemons before, right?”

“I’ve eaten an orange before.”

“The sour flavor in oranges comes in part from an acid. Sulfuric acid is like that, only it can be much, much more concentrated.”

Peeling, peeling... finally, it’s finished. You can move on to chopping now.

“I think I get it. So it’s the same reason humans tear up when they squirt orange juice in their eyes accidentally?”

“Yeah.” Cutting potatoes is much better than peeling them. “Same physiological reaction, different chemical.”

You continue cutting in silence for a while, with Hina chopping something... presumably onions, judging by the smell and her question, behind you. After a little while longer, she speaks up.

“So, Bill. What do you think of Nitori?”

Whatever you were expecting her to say, it wasn’t this.

“...what kind of question is that?”

She laughs softly. “You asked me an uncomfortable question earlier, Bill.” Her voice has taken on a more teasing tone now. “This was the only one I could think to ask you back, so I expect you to answer.”

[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 3851
[x] "She's my colleague."
>> No. 3852
[X] "Nitori? Well, she's rather cute when she's flustered, isn't she?"
[X] Loud enough for Nitori to hear.
>> No. 3853
[λ] "Let me put it this way. I'm beginning to think it was a good idea to listen to Advice Dog and turn on the LHC".
>> No. 3854
>>3848 here
Changing my vote to

[x] "I'm glad to have such a cute colleague"
[x] Loud enough for Nitori to hear.
>> No. 3855
>>3847
Crap, now we have to make a choice between Hina and Nitori, eh? Anon is terrible at these kinds of decisions.
>> No. 3856
[x] "I'm glad to have such a cute colleague"
[x] Loud enough for Nitori to hear.
>> No. 3857
[x] "I'm glad to have such a cute colleague"
[x] Loud enough for Nitori to hear.

>>3855

This is SCIENCE. It's got to be Nitori first way through.
>> No. 3858
>>3857
If it's SCIENCE, we ought to go for Rikako
>> No. 3859
[x] "I'm glad to have such a cute colleague"
[x] Loud enough for Nitori to hear.
>> No. 3860
[x] "I'm glad to have such a cute colleague"
[x] Loud enough for Nitori to hear.
>> No. 3861
File 121598019021.jpg - (239.03KB , 557x1000 , 1144909.jpg ) [iqdb]
3861
>>3855
>we have to make a choice between ____ and Nitori

Couldn't be easier.
>> No. 3862
[x] "I'm glad to have such a cute colleague"
[x] Loud enough for Nitori to hear.

Needs a new thread soon.
>> No. 3863
[x] "I'm glad to have such a colleague. Cute, too."
[x] Loud enough for Nitori to hear.
>> No. 3864
[x] "She's awesome."
Isn't she though? Nitori's awesome, 'nuff said.
>> No. 3865
>Rikako

Fuck, where IS the rest of TEAM SCIENCE? It feels kind of lonely with just us and Nitori. Throw in people like Chiyuri, Yumemi, Rikako, and Rika, and WITH OUR POWERS COMBINED, we'll build a Stargate.
>> No. 3866
[x] "I'm glad to have such a colleague. Cute, too."
[x] Loud enough for Nitori to hear.
>> No. 3867
[X] "I'm glad to have such a cute colleague."
[X] Loud enough for Nitori to hear.

Oh, Nitori.
>> No. 3868
File 121598587015.jpg - (60.24KB , 720x540 , zordon.jpg ) [iqdb]
3868
>>3865

Yukari~n, find me 5 scientists with ATTITUDE.
>> No. 3869
[x] "I'm glad to have a colleague with such a cute friend."
[x] Loud enough for Shameimaru to hear.

Have to throw her off...
>> No. 3870
>>3868
Yukari? no. It has to be Aya.

Who ELSE goes "Ayayayaya~"
>> No. 3871
Screw the routes, I have savoir-faire.

[x] "I'm glad to have such a cute colleague"
[x] Loud enough for Nitori to hear.
[x] Wink at Hina.

Using playful flirting to satisfy everyone's ego, while retaining enough mystery to keep everyone's interest. It's the key to having lots of female friends.
>> No. 3872
>>3868>>3870
http://zip.4chan.org/jp/res/998930.html related
>> No. 3873
[x] "I'm glad to have such a cute colleague"
[x] Loud enough for Nitori to hear.
[x] Wink at Hina.
>> No. 3874
[x] "I'm glad to have such a cute colleague"
[x] Loud enough for Nitori to hear.

Glancing to your right, you notice that the kitchen door is still open. The living room door across the hall is shut, but if memory serves it wasn’t too thick.

“Well?”

“NITORI?” You say, much louder than normal speaking volume. It should carry well enough through the cave and into the living room. “I’M GLAD TO HAVE SUCH A CUTE COLLEAGUE.”

“...ah, I guess that backfired.” Hina says, a bit taken back by your reply.

“How so?” You ask, moving your now cut-up potatoes over to Hina with the cutting board. “That wasn’t how you expected me to answer?”

“It wasn’t too far off.” She laughs, accepting the cutting board. “I just didn’t expect for you to yell it out. Now, Nitori will try to take me aside later and ask what we were talking about... not that I mind, but it’ll be embarrassing for her.”

You laugh. “You really think so? I’ll bet she’ll be over it by the time we finish eating.”

Hina finished pouring the potatoes into the pot. It looks to be a fairly complete stew at the moment. “I do think so.” She chuckles softly. “Well, thanks for all the help, Bill” She motions to the pot. “All I need to do now is heat this for a while. You’re free to go.”

“I was going to let Nitori stew a bit longer, but if you insist...”

Hina laughs. “Go on, get out of here.” She says, shooing you out the door.

You head out the door and into the living room. Nitori doesn’t look up when you do, and continues staring intently at the floor.

“...did you... mean that?” She mumbles, not looking up.

“Of course.” You say, taking a seat next to her. “You’re cute, and I’d consider you a colleague. I thought it was pretty straight forward, myself.”

The two of you sit in silence for a while. It’s an awkward silence, but you’re not sure how to break it. You let it ride for a while. After a couple of minutes, Nitori speaks up.

“Well, I...” She pauses for a few seconds “I-I’d count you as a colleague too, Bill.”

Looking over, it seems that that took the last of her willpower. She slumps down again and continues looking at the floor.

You laugh, throwing on a British accent. No sense pushing the issue just yet. “Oh, why, thank you, my dear.”

More silence. Well, as a colleague, you should discuss business.

“Hey, I’ve been meaning to ask your opinion on my reactor project. Do you think...”

You spend the remainder of the time discussing the feasibility of your new, cosmic-ray generating magnetron. The machining techniques required are far beyond human capabilities, but Nitori assures you that she can pull it off. After about a half hour of discussion about the machine, Hina comes in with the stew.... and cucumbers. You wonder why she had you leave the kitchen if all the preparation wasn’t done.

The two of them make small talk, each describing their trips into town. Hina seems... uncomfortable. Not out of place uncomfortable, but almost like the sofa itself is the source of her discomfort. Something comes to mind... and it’s not a comforting thought.

[ ] Ignore it... just watch what you say. You’ll deal with Aya after dinner.
[ ] “Hina... I think there is an intruder in our midst. Stand up.”
[ ] “So, what do you two think of Aya? I think she’s a dishonest snoop, myself.”
>> No. 3875
[awesome.jpg] “So, what do you two think of Aya? I think she’s a dishonest snoop, myself.”
>> No. 3876
>>3874

[x] “Hina... I think I know what's causing you such discomfort. Would you mind standing up and backing away from the sofa?"
[x] Expose the nosy tengu. Shout out "HOW NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN MISS SHAMEIMARU! I WOULD NOT HAVE EXPECTED YOU TO SNEAK INTO NITORI'S HOUSE. ANYTHING FOR A STORY, RIGHT?"
>> No. 3877
[X] “So, what do you two think of Aya? I caught her spying on me while I bathed. Does she run some other publication that I'm not aware of?”

Ayayayaya...
>> No. 3878
>>3865

In time, anon. You've only had about a day of non-plot driven time to meet new people.
>> No. 3879
File 121599970573.jpg - (106.90KB , 600x600 , 521473dda7cf7e4fb488264dd8c19704.jpg ) [iqdb]
3879
Aw geez. Don't tease her too much, we need to gently take the lead.
>> No. 3880
[x] “Hina... I think I know what's causing you such discomfort. Would you mind standing up and backing away from the sofa?"
[x] Expose the nosy tengu. Shout out "HOW NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN MISS SHAMEIMARU! I WOULD NOT HAVE EXPECTED YOU TO SNEAK INTO NITORI'S HOUSE. ANYTHING FOR A STORY, RIGHT?"
>> No. 3881
[ ] “So, what do you two think of Aya? I think she’s a dishonest snoop, myself.”
[ ] Rumor has it she'll do ANYTHING for a story, wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more!
>> No. 3882
[x] “Hina... I think I know what's causing you such discomfort. Would you mind standing up and backing away from the sofa?"
[x] Expose the nosy tengu. Shout out "HOW NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN MISS SHAMEIMARU! I WOULD NOT HAVE EXPECTED YOU TO SNEAK INTO NITORI'S HOUSE. ANYTHING FOR A STORY, RIGHT?"

Needs a new thread.
>> No. 3883
[x] “So, what do you two think of Aya? I think she’s a dishonest snoop, myself.”
[x] Rumor has it she'll do ANYTHING for a story, wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more!

I hear she's into photographs, snap snap, grin grin, wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more!
>> No. 3884
[λ] “So, what do you two think of Aya? I think she’s a dishonest snoop, myself.”
[λ] Rumor has it she'll do ANYTHING for a story, wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more!
[λ] “Hina... I think I know what's causing you such discomfort. Would you mind standing up and backing away from the sofa?"
[λ] Expose the nosy tengu. Shout out "HOW NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN MISS SHAMEIMARU! I WOULD NOT HAVE EXPECTED YOU TO SNEAK INTO NITORI'S HOUSE. ANYTHING FOR A STORY, RIGHT?"
>> No. 3885
>>3884
GATTAI DA!
>> No. 3886
[λ] “So, what do you two think of Aya? I think she’s a dishonest snoop, myself.”
[λ] "Rumor has it she'll do ANYTHING for a story, wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more!"
[λ] “Hina... I think I know what's causing you such discomfort. Would you mind standing up and backing away from the sofa?"
[λ] Expose the nosy tengu. Shout out "HOW NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN MISS SHAMEIMARU! I WOULD NOT HAVE EXPECTED YOU TO SNEAK INTO NITORI'S HOUSE. ANYTHING FOR A STORY, RIGHT?"
>> No. 3887
[x] “Hina... I think I know what's causing you such discomfort. Would you mind standing up and backing away from the sofa?"
[x] Expose the nosy tengu. Shout out "HOW NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN MISS SHAMEIMARU! I WOULD NOT HAVE EXPECTED YOU TO SNEAK INTO NITORI'S HOUSE. ANYTHING FOR A STORY, RIGHT?"
>> No. 3888
Sleep time. I'll update tomorrow in a new thread.
>> No. 3891
[λ] “So, what do you two think of Aya? I think she’s a dishonest snoop, myself.”
[λ] Rumor has it she'll do ANYTHING for a story, wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more!
[λ] “Hina... I think I know what's causing you such discomfort. Would you mind standing up and backing away from the sofa?"
[λ] Expose the nosy tengu. Shout out "HOW NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN MISS SHAMEIMARU! I WOULD NOT HAVE EXPECTED YOU TO SNEAK INTO NITORI'S HOUSE. ANYTHING FOR A STORY, RIGHT?"
>> No. 3893
[] “So, what do you two think of Aya? I caught her spying on me while I bathed. Does she run some other publication that I'm not aware of?”

And if that can't win:
[] “So, what do you two think of Aya? I think she’s a dishonest snoop, myself.”
>> No. 3894
We need to get our fairy back guys. Remember to go look for her next time we have the chance.

Specially since >>3787 and most anons have forgotten the fairy doesn't know where the cave is. Remember guys, we took her in when she was unconcious. SHe only know the way to the cave from where we bathed (if she knows it at all), not from the waterfall.