[Return]
Archived thread

File 121519584096.png - (206.38KB , 500x500 , 0a9a5eb6199f5fb76295602cf638b0f4.png ) [iqdb]
3268 No. 3268
Unoriginal title get. Also, picture only mildly related because I couldn't find a more appropriate one.
===============
[x] Head outside.

Nitori looks like she’s working pretty intently on that leg, so you decide to go for a walk and check out the surrounding area. “Hey, Nitori. If you need me, I’m going for a walk.”

“Sure, sure,” she waves you away, not once looking up from the leg. “Just be back by six. Oh, and be careful of the fairies. Now, where am I going to get this part...?”

The very last question wasn’t directed at you, so you head up the stairs and leave Nitori to her work. Glancing at your watch, it looks like you’ve got almost 3 hours to kill. You crack open the front door and slip out into the sunlight.

You’re greeted with quite a view. The cave seems to be situated near a mountain stream, with the valley the stream has cut acting like a large window to the rest of this world. You can see miles of undisturbed landscape, with no traces of anything human. It’s quite a moving sight.

You turn around and notice the rest of the mountain looming behind you. You guess that you could be about a quarter of the way up; this thing is huge. There’s a giant waterfall further upstream that you can see, and something that looks like an unused walking trail. You decide to follow that for a while.

You walk for a little over an hour. Its difficult going with your leg, since the ground is kind of uneven, but at least the slope isn’t too bad on this part of the mountain. You’ve gotten close to the base of the waterfall by now. At this distance, the roar from the falls is pretty loud, somewhere between 'freeway' and 'concert'. Wishing you had a camera, you take a seat on a nearby rock for a quick rest before heading back down to the cave.

Glancing away from the falls for a moment, you notice what appears to be a small, only about a foot tall, winged girl in a simple dress. She’s about ten feet away from you. You decide to greet her. “Oh, hello!” you yell.

In response, she bares her teeth. Sharp, pointy, needle-like teeth. Teeth that look like they could shred something fairly quickly.

[ ] Woah, creepy. See if she attacks. Ready your cane, just in case.
[ ] There’s no time to waste! Grab rocks from the ground and throw them. Maybe you can knock her out before she attacks.
[ ] Anemia option.

>> No. 3269
[x] Woah, creepy. See if she attacks. Ready your cane, just in case.
>> No. 3270
SCIENCE! would have done.

[ ] Woah, creepy. See if she attacks. Ready your cane, just in case.
>> No. 3271
[ ] Woah, creepy. See if she attacks. Ready your cane, just in case.
>> No. 3272
[ ] Woah, creepy. See if she attacks. Ready your cane, just in case.
>> No. 3276
>>3270
Yeah, that might have worked better. Oh well.

[x] Woah, creepy. See if she attacks. Ready your cane, just in case.

That thing is really creepy. Is it one of those fairies Nitori was talking about? You have no idea. Running isn’t an option with your leg in the state it’s in. She looks small enough that, even if she did decide to attack, you could probably knock her down with your cane. Shifting your hand down the neck of the cane, you reverse your grip so that it’ll be easier to swing.

Without warning, the fairy explodes.

...at least, that’s what it looks like. She glows brightly for a moment, and then things fly from her body. Orbs of light. Radiating from the fairy, they seem to be spreading out in a circular pattern. They aren’t moving too fast, and only one was aimed directly at you, so you reflexively dodge it by leaning to one side. It flies by inches from your arm, producing a warming sensation as it passes.

Before you have a chance to even guess what that was, the fairy tries it again. Again, you lean.

You laugh a bit. What an ineffective weapon. “You’re in my way, you know. I want to head back down that path.”

The fairy bares her teeth again, but this time she lunges at you. She’s moving much faster than her projectiles were. She has your left arm in her grasp so quickly that you almost forget to swing your cane. Her pose shows that she's about to take a bite out of your arm.

*Crack!*

You bring the cane down on the fairy’s head. It lets go of your arm almost immediately, its body going limp. It falls to the ground, either unconscious or dead. You’re not sure.

[ ] Make sure. Smash its head in with a rock.
[ ] Leave it. Even if it does wake up again, you should be down the mountain by then.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 3277
That Science = TS
THIS SHRINE = TS

I think SCIENCE! would be better
>> No. 3278
Holy shit, fairies don't eat people. They don't even need to eat. Is this breaking canon or is there something wrong with her?
>> No. 3279
>[]Rape
tempting but I'll go with this
[X] Leave it. Even if it does wake up again, you should be down the mountain by then.
>> No. 3283
>>3277
That's true, you have a point. SCIENCE! it is for the next thread, then.

>>3278
Nye just happened to be unlucky and find one that thinks watching someone flail around with a fairy stuck to their arm is a good prank. It wasn't actually going to eat you.
>> No. 3284
[x] Poke it with the cane, for science of course.
>> No. 3286
[X] Pick the fairy up and take it to back to Nitori's house. Examine its biology on the way back, in the name of SCIENCE.

And then we get a tsundere fairy familiar that we use as a lab assistant.
>> No. 3287
>>3276

[x] Poke it with the cane, for science of course.

Just imagining Bill Nye grazing with cane and peg-leg (*tiktiktik*) sends me in fits of laughter.
>> No. 3288
Wow, we just House'd a fairy.
[ x ] Leave it. Even if it does wake up again, you should be down the mountain by then.
In Gensokyo, you can respawn.
>> No. 3289
[x] Poke it with the cane, for science of course.

>>3283
Crazy fairy is moe. I don't know why.
>> No. 3291
>>3286

Holy crap. DO WANT fairy lab assistant that would be amazing.

[x] Pick the fairy up and take it to back to Nitori's house. Examine its biology on the way back, in the name of SCIENCE.
>> No. 3292
[x] Pick the fairy up and take it to back to Nitori's house. Examine its biology on the way back, in the name of SCIENCE.
>> No. 3294
[x] Pick the fairy up and take it to back to Nitori's house. Examine its biology on the way back, in the name of SCIENCE.
>> No. 3298
[x] Pick the fairy up and take it to back to Nitori's house. Examine its biology on the way back, in the name of SCIENCE.

The fairy landed face down, so there’s no way to tell if it’s still breathing or not. You poke it with your cane to roll it over, checking her for vitals. Her small chest is rising and falling, so she’s probably not dead. Which is good. You never intended to kill the thing. Feeling sorry for it, you scoop it up in your free arm and head back down the mountain.

The hike is pretty uneventful. You’re slightly tired by this point, so you end up taking more breaks on the way down than you did coming up. During some of your short breaks, you managed to examine the little fairy you’re carrying. It seems to be what you thought it was; a small, winged humanoid. Finding out anything else would be invasive or painful to the thing, probably, so you want to find out more about fairies before you simply start tearing off clothes or wings. You’re not sure how much of a mind they have, and would feel terrible if it turned out they’re sentient in some way.

When you make it back to the cave, you check your watch. 5:53. You’ve made it with 7 minutes to spare, perfect timing. You need to decide what to do with this fairy, so you sit on a nearby stone to think about it.

“Oh, hello, Bill.”

You hear a quiet, pleasant voice from above you. Looking up, you see Hina hovering some distance off of the ground, a sack that closely resembles the one she brought curry in earlier in her hands. She descends, giving you an odd look.

“So, what happened?” She points to the fairy in your arms.

“Well, it kind of attacked me.” You sigh. “And I kind of beat it over the head with my cane.”

Seeing the look on your face, Hina just smiles. “Don’t worry about it. Fairies can’t die in a traditional sense. You can leave her out here, and she'll be healed up and gone by morning. Now, shall we go inside and worry about dinner?”

[ ] “Actually, I’d rather not leave her here.”
[ ] “Sure. That hike made me hungry.”
>> No. 3299
[X] “Actually, I’d rather not leave her here.”

Do want fairy assistant. If we feed it and take care of it, it might want to help us.

Tsundere is optional, but preferred.
>> No. 3300
[ ] “Actually, I’d rather not leave her here.”
>> No. 3301
[x] “Actually, I’d rather not leave her here.”
>> No. 3302
[z] “Actually, I’d rather not leave her here.”
>> No. 3303
[ ] “Actually, I’d rather not leave her here.”

Every mad scientist needs an assistant.
>> No. 3305
[x] “Actually, I’d rather not leave her here.”

Because we need some emergency rations.
And I hear fairies taste like delicious candy.
>> No. 3308
[x] “Actually, I’d rather not leave her here.”

“Actually,” you say, “I’d rather not leave her here.”

“Why’s that? Feeling guilty you attacked her? Like I said, don’t worry about it.” Hina seems to be trying to comfort you, thinking you’re still upset over beating it up. You’re not, so the whole scene is kind of funny. “It’s not your fault. Fairies attack people sometimes. You were just defending yourself.”

A strange idea crosses your mind. “I’m not worried about it, but... hey, Hina? Are fairies intelligent? Like, could they be taught to live with humans?”

Hina frowns. “I don’t know about either question. Why do you ask?”

A smile creeps across your face. Maybe it’s just Hina, but... could knowledge be lacking in this field, as well? Do people in Gensokyo not know about their own creatures? If so, you’ll have to do something about that, now won’t you?

“Well, I was thinking... maybe I could try? I’ve got to have something to do in my free time.” You laugh.

Hina shrugs. “It’s not my house. You’ll have to ask Nitori... but, for some reason, I don’t think she’ll say no. It’s a strange idea, after all.” You’re not sure if that last part was a jab or not.

“Anyway,” she motions to the bag in her hands, “Shall we go inside?”

“Sure.” You bring the fairy with you and enter the cave with Hina. Nitori meets you both in the hall. She smells vaguely like smoke. And electricity.

“Hey, Hina... Oh? Bill, what’s the fairy for?” She asks, curiously. “Are we going to eat it for dinner?” Her inquiry sounds serious.

You try to laugh it off. It has to be a joke, right? “No. I’ve decided to investigate fairy intelligence. Do you mind if she stays here?”

Nitori looks at it and frowns, “I don’t know. They’re nature spirits, so to take them out of nature seems... weird.” Then, suddenly, she smiles. “And that means I have no idea what’ll happen. Bill, you’re a genius!”

Just as planned. “Well,” Hina says, making for the kitchen, “Dinner will be ready in a little while. You two can go have a seat while I heat up the food.”

[ ] Offer to help Hina in the kitchen.
[ ] Take Hina up on her offer. Head to the living room with Nitori.
>> No. 3309
[ ] Take Hina up on her offer. Head to the living room with Nitori.

FAIRY GET
>> No. 3310
Whatever you say, HIna.

[x] Take Hina up on her offer. Head to the living room with Nitori.

IT'S SCIENCE TIME!
NO BILL, NO!
>> No. 3311
[x] Take Hina up on her offer. Head to the living room with Nitori.
>> No. 3312
[x] Offer to help Hina in the kitchen.
Help in the kitchen since she's cooking for three people again? Keepin' with routine.
>> No. 3314
[ ] Take Hina up on her offer. Head to the living room with Nitori.

TIME TO CREATE OUR OWN FAIRY HAREM.
After we are done with her, we will beat up more Fairies and tame them.
And Cirno will be the last one we tame.
>> No. 3315
GENTLEMEN, we must assemble the House Squad.
Together there is nothing SCIENCE cannot explain!

[x] Offer to help Hina in the kitchen.
>> No. 3316
[+] Take Hina up on her offer. Head to the living room with Nitori.
Personally, I would have named the thread Weird SCIENCE!, but that's just me.
>> No. 3317
[X] Take Hina up on her offer. Head to the living room with Nitori.

Tend to our fairy lovingly while waiting for the meal.
>> No. 3319
>>3314
Actually, Cirno Could probably beat us up instead. She is pretty strong compared to a normal human. Even if we do have a bionic leg.
>> No. 3320
[x] Take Hina up on her offer. Head to the living room with Nitori.

As much as you’d like to help Hina, that hike up and down the mountain has left you pretty tired. You decide to take her up on her offer. She disappears through the kitchen door while you follow Nitori into the living room. You each take a separate sofa, sitting in the same seating arrangement you did earlier. Except, this time, you have a sleeping fairy curled up in a ball next to you.

Nitori leans forward, resting her elbows on the table and her chin on her intertwined hands. “So, anything happen while I was gone? We didn’t get to talk earlier, since the whole Ruukoto business surprised me and I forgot to ask.”

“Well, some reporter from Sky City showed up.”

“What?”

You apologize for your terrible joke. “She said her name was Aya, if that helps.”

Nitori shoots you a curious look. “Aya? What did she want?” Then, amusement. “Don’t tell me she did an article on you?”

You just look at her. “Yeah. She was spying on us or something during lunch, so she followed me down to the lab to ask for an interview after you left.”

“Ahahaha!”

“Hey, what’s so funny, Nitori?”

“Sorry, sorry. It’s just that I’m imagining the kind of article she’s going to write.” She starts making theatrical gestures with her hands. “’Border breaks, outside world scientist’s curiosity to blame!’ Or maybe something like ‘Atom Smasher becomes Shrine Smasher, this man responsible!’ with a giant picture of your face. Either way, it’s going to be great! I’ll definitely need to buy copy.”

“Part of the agreement for the interview was that she would try to make it look like an accident. Because it was. Are you saying that she won’t comply...?”

“Ahahaha! No way! It’ll say something like ‘Atom Smasher ACCIDENTALLY becomes Shrine Smasher, this man responsible!’ instead, then. There's no way she could make it normal sounding.”

“Oh." Great. "She’s THAT kind of reporter, then?”

“Yep.” Nitori nods. “I don’t think she’s ever printed a normal story in her life.”

You sigh. “I don’t think she got a picture, so maybe I won’t have to go through that. I could play the guy in the article off as someone else.”

“Wrong again, Bill. I built her camera, and I have to say...” she smiles proudly, “It’s pretty awesome. Split second shutter speed, and it doesn’t need a flash. She could have taken one without you knowing easily. Your face'll be all over Gensokyo by tomorrow morning.”

Sighing is not enough. You bury your face in the palm of your hand.

A light knock, and the door to the living room opens. Hina comes in, carrying two bowls of some kind of noodles in a broth, along with a pair of chopsticks for her and a metal spork for you. She sets both down, one in front of you and one in front of Nitori. “I’ll be back with the rest in a moment.” She leaves, and returns with another bowl of the noodles in broth and a bowl of cucumbers, taking her seat next to Nitori.

[ ] Let Nitori and Hina make the small talk.
[ ] Talk about danmaku.
[ ] Talk about fairies.
[ ] Talk about (specify).
>> No. 3321
[x] Talk about fairies.
[x] Talk about eating fairies.
>> No. 3322
[ ] Talk about danmaku.
[ ] Talk about fairies.

WALLS
>> No. 3323
>>3316
I like this, so... disregard >>3283.
If someone else thinks they have a better name, feel free to mention it.
>> No. 3324
[z] Talk about danmaku.
[e] Talk about fairies.
>> No. 3325
>‘Atom Smasher ACCIDENTALLY becomes Shrine Smasher, this man responsible!’
awesome.jpg

[x] Let Nitori and Hina make the small talk.
>> No. 3326
[x] Talk about Uranium.
[x] Talk about Fairies.

We'll steal it from the Libyans if we have to.
>> No. 3327
>>3291
I dunno. Ditzy lab assistants are never a good thing. See "Amazing Nurse Nanako."

>>3323
Last I recall, "Weird Science" was an 80s movie (and spinoff TV show) about a couple of dipshits that somehow create an artificial woman.

"SCIENCE!", on the other hand, is a noble battle cry invoking the pursuit of knowledge, the laws of science, and anything technologically fuckwin.

Which is why I've been saving these threads as SCIENCE! 01.htm and SCIENCE! 02.htm, and will likely continue in this fashion.

Do as you will, I'm just saying that that's my rationale.
>> No. 3328
[x] Talk about fairies.
[x] Talk about eating fairies.
>> No. 3329
[x] Talk about danmaku.
[x] Talk about fairies.

also voting NO on adding "weird" to the name, why would you even do that
>> No. 3330
[x] Talk about danmaku.
[x] Talk about fairies.
>> No. 3332
Sleeping time. Updates tomorrow.

>>3329
After checking out the wiki article, I can see I was thinking of a completely different movie when I heard the name. Disregard >>3323.
>> No. 3337
[ ] Talk about danmaku.
[ ] Talk about fairies.
>> No. 3338
[x] Talk about Hina's thighs.
>> No. 3340
[x] Talk about danmaku.
[x] Talk about fairies.

Right. You’ve still got questions about this place. As a scientist, you must gather information.

“Hey, Nitori. What’s danmaku? Aya said I should ask you.”

Hina’s obviously puzzled as to how you know Aya, so Nitori tells her the basics of the story you said earlier. It seems Hina finds this situation as amusing as Nitori. Is Aya’s paper really that bad?

“Anyway, danmaku. Right.” Nitori takes a bite out of her cucumber. “It’s the combat method of choice in Gensokyo. Basically, it involves throwing lots of energy bullets at someone else.” Something like energy paintball, then? Maybe that’s what the fairy was shooting at you earlier.

“There are rules, but they’re kind of complicated. I’ve got a book over there,” She motions to a bookcase, “that you could read later. I wrote it myself.” A mischievous smile creeps across her lips. “I think a demonstration would be better, though. Don’t you Hina?”

Hina smiles a bit, as if remembering a good time. “It has been a while since we last fought, hasn’t it? I’m free after dinner, so...”

“Great! It’s settled, then. Bill, we’ll show you danmaku after dinner. It’s definitely cooler to see than it is to talk about.” Nitori reaches for another cucumber.

“Hey, can fairies shoot danmaku?” You ask. “I think I’ve already seen some.”

Nitori laughs. “Sure, but it’s not very good danmaku. The strength and complexity of your danmaku depends on how powerful you are. Fairies aren’t strong at all, so...”

“Yeah.” An idea crosses your mind. “Hey, can I shoot danmaku? I’m in Gensokyo, after all.”

“Not yet,” Nitori says cryptically. She gives you a wink.

Uh-oh. “What does that mean?”

“It’s a surprise. You’ll find out tomorrow. But to answer your question, most humans can’t shoot danmaku.”

Oh man. You’re not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. You feel uneasy. Even Hina looks a little shocked at this revelation.

“Nitori? You’re not planning on...”

“Oh, don’t give it away, Hina!” She laughs “You don’t want to ruin the surprise, do you? I promise it’s nothing bad, so don’t worry.”

“I believe you.” Hina sighs. “You get carried away sometimes, so I had to make sure.”

“That’s...” Nitori laughs softly, seeming a bit embarrassed. “...true, I guess.”

They both fall silent after this, going back to their respective meals. The fairy sleeping next to you starts to wiggle around a bit, trying to get comfortable.

“So, what do you guys know about fairies?” You ask, trying to break the silence. “Like, is it normal for them to try and bite my arm off?”

Both girls laugh at this notion, and Nitori finally speaks up. “No. Fairies only eat food when they see humans doing it. Maybe she was just trying to scare you? They love pranks.”

“Well,” you say, thinking back, “I think it worked. I thought I was in life-or-death combat for a minute, there.” pranks involve needing to find something funny. That brings all kinds of psychological ramifications with it. “So, they like pranking people? Anything else I should know about them?”

“Well, keep them away from anything important. One got into my lab once, and ended up sabotaging a charged particle emitter I was building” Nitori sighs, “It didn’t end well.”

Hina decides to speak up, too. “Many people mistake fairies for curses. A lot of the people I try to help aren’t really cursed at all, they just have troublesome fairies hanging around, causing mischief.”

“Interesting.”

You wonder just how much of that is learned from the other fairies and how much is innate. You’ll have to find out on your own, it seems.

Out of burning questions, you get back to eating. The rest of the dinner involved Hina talking about people she ended up helping today, and what their curses were. Nitori listens intently, asking about certain people every so often. You all finish eating at around the same time.

“Well, then.” Hina asks, her tone of voice betraying some excitement, “Nitori, are you ready?”

“Yep!” Nitori seems excited, too, but she’s not making any effort to try and hide it like Hina. “Let’s show Bill what danmaku is all about!”

The fairy that you’ve decided to keep hasn’t woken up yet, so you scoop it up in your free arm as gently as you can. All four of you head outside, since apparently danmaku is dangerous indoors. It’s starting to get dark outside, now, and you can make out a few stars in the sky. You take a seat on a nearby rock Nitori and Hina are talking about something nearby, and judging by how quietly they’re speaking, you decide it must be private. You don’t attempt to eavesdrop.

“So,” Nitori says, suddenly looking at you. “Bill. You’re watching a contest, so you have to pick someone to root for, right? So, who is it?” Her question doesn’t really seem that serious.

Pick one:
[ ] “You, of course.”
[ ] “Hina, of course.”
[ ] “I’d rather not say.”

And if you picked one of the first two, one of these:
[ ] Say it seriously.
[ ] Say it jokingly.
>> No. 3341
>>3340

[x] "A scientist can't merely decide by word of mouth. We need conclusive data. I'd need to see both of what you can do before I make a final decision.
>> No. 3342
[X] "Asking a man to choose between two beautiful girls? Don't you know that never turns out well?"
>> No. 3343
[x] "A scientist can't merely decide by word of mouth. We need conclusive data. I'd need to see both of what you can do before I make a final decision.
>> No. 3344
[x] "A scientist can't merely decide by word of mouth. We need conclusive data. I'd need to see both of what you can do before I make a final decision.

This write-in...

It is full of SCIENCE!
>> No. 3345
[X] "Asking a man to choose between two beautiful girls? Don't you know that never turns out well?"

This.
>> No. 3348
[] "A scientist can't merely decide by word of mouth. We need conclusive data. I'd need to see both of what you can do before I make a final decision.
>> No. 3349
[x] "A scientist can't merely decide by word of mouth. We need conclusive data. I'd need to see both of what you can do before I make a final decision.
SCIENCE.
>> No. 3350
[x] "Asking a man to choose between two beautiful girls? Don't you know that never turns out well?"

Oh ho, why not whore ourselves?
>> No. 3351
>[x] "A scientist can't merely decide by word of mouth. We need conclusive data. I'd need to see both of what you can do before I make a final decision."

I lol'd. Writing.
>> No. 3352
[x] "A scientist can't merely decide by word of mouth. We need conclusive data. I'd need to see both of what you can do before I make a final decision.

Who, indeed? Suddenly, a brilliant idea comes to mind.

“A scientist can’t merely decide by word of mouth, my dear.” You rub your chin. Hmm, it seems you’re growing a slight beard. You need a shave. “We need conclusive data. I’d need to see what both of you can do before I make a final decision.”

“See?” Nitori turns back to Hina, laughing. “I told you he’d say something like that.”

Hina, too, is laughing. “I guess you’re right. Well then, shall we?”

“Make sure to pay attention, Bill. This is an important part of Gensokyo!”

Both girls leap into the air and continue moving upwards. They fly up into the air, perhaps a thousand feet or so. You never were good at eyeballing distances. For a little while, nothing happens. Then, Nitori raises her arm... at least, that’s what you think you see.

Suddenly, there is a flash. The sky seems to change color, its evening tones switching to something more marine. Light blue streamers seem to be arcing out of Nitori’s back, eventually heading forward in a spread out fashion, resembling a lattice fence. Large glowing blue orbs surround her, making it impossible to make out her silhouette anymore. These orbs fly outwards also, in a slightly tighter formation than the streams. The whole mess seems to blanket the sky with glowing shots. There are open spaces, but they’re not very big at all.

The attack is relentless, but Hina manages to make it through unscratched. Another pause in the action. This time, the flash emanates from Hina. Again, the sky seems to change colors, this time taking on a darker brown tone. Dull red lines spiral out around Hina, blanketing the sky in seemingly random paths. Not too long after they stop growing, they break apart and move slowly in a certain direction. At first you didn’t notice that the lines were actually separate bullets in a line, so the direction was confusing. Just as you figured it out, though, it ended.

It goes back and forth like this for a while. You’re quite impressed, but it only brings up more questions. What are these bullets made out of? Just how do they form and stay coherent? You decide to just explain it all away as magic; surely, since there is nothing in the outside world like this at all, it must be, right? That’s the only explanation.

Eventually, during a flurry of green beams shooting out from Nitori, Hina messes up. She fails to notice one coming in from an odd angle, and is struck. You’re just amazed she lasted as long as she did. She plummets towards the ground and lands not too far away.

That... she must have fallen over a thousand feet. If she were a human, she would have been killed instantly. Worried, you set down the fairy on the rock and make your way over to her as fast as possible. When you get there, you see Nitori standing nearby. Hina is sitting on the ground, panting heavily, her head down. Nitori turns to look at you.

“So, what’d you think? Pretty cool, huh?”

You look at Hina. She looks pretty out of it. “Is she going to be OK?” You ask, at a loss for words. This whole scene is pretty surreal. These two are friends, but they beat each other up for fun and think nothing of it?

Nitori nods, “She just needs to catch her breath. Anyway, that’s danmaku.”

You two just stand around for a little while chatting about the fight, waiting for Hina to recover. She eventually does, though Nitori has to help her to her feet.

“Ah... good match, Nitori.” Hina’s voice is weak. You can tell she isn’t fully recovered yet. “You’re still better than me, I see.”

Nitori frowns, “Nah, you almost had me a few times there, Hina. Besides, that was my last spell card. That could have easily ended in your favor.”

“...maybe. Either way, I should be going. It’s getting late.” Hina takes a few uneasy steps forward. “It’s been fun, Nitori. I’ll see you for breakfast tomorrow, then?”

“Yep.” Nitori gives her a nod, and then a wave. “See you tomorrow, Hina.”

Hina doesn’t look too good. Her voice still sounds pretty weak, and she’s definitely moving slower than she usually does.

[ ] You should see if Nitori will let her stay the night. Hina still looks pretty bad.
[ ] Hina will be fine. Nitori would know better than you in this situation, right?
>> No. 3353
[x] You should see if Nitori will let her stay the night. Hina still looks pretty bad.
>> No. 3354
[ ] Hina will be fine. Nitori would know better than you in this situation, right?

Because no one'll vote for it.
>> No. 3355
[X] You should see if Nitori will let her stay the night. Hina still looks pretty bad.

Oh, Hina, I love you so.
>> No. 3356
[ ] You should see if Nitori will let her stay the night. Hina still looks pretty bad.
>> No. 3357
[ ] You should see if Nitori will let her stay the night. Hina still looks pretty bad.
Because nobody will vote for the other one.
>> No. 3358
File 121529515861.jpg - (420.34KB , 859x1000 , 1213908022373.jpg ) [iqdb]
3358
[x] You should see if Nitori will let her stay the night. Hina still looks pretty bad.

Because delicious thighs cannot be turned down.
>> No. 3359
File 121529656184.jpg - (181.99KB , 600x811 , 1215295750799.jpg ) [iqdb]
3359
>>3358

3358

[x] You should see if Nitori will let her stay the night. Hina still looks pretty bad.
>> No. 3360
[x] You should see if Nitori will let her stay the night. Hina still looks pretty bad.

“Hey, Hina...”

She stops and turns back towards you. “Yes?”

“Do you think it’s really alright for you to just walk away like that? You look pretty bad. You’d let her stay the night, wouldn’t you Nitori?”

Nitori looks confused, “Sure, but...”

“There’s no need for that. I’ll be fine.” Hina smiles a little bit. “Thanks for worrying about me, though.”

You try to insist that she stays but Hina takes off into the night sky, heading further down the mountain. Oh, well. You and Nitori make your way back to the cave. Your fairy is still sleeping on the rock, so you pick her up with your free arm. You wonder where you’re going to keep this thing overnight. Maybe Nitori has a big cage or something.

Suddenly, some terrible smell hits you. What could it be? It almost smells like... Oh, right. It’s been a while since you’ve tended to your personal hygiene. You should take care of that.

“So, Nitori, do you have a shower or anything? I kind of stink.”

She nods “Yep. I built it on a whim one day, and haven’t used it yet.” She smiles a bit. “Usually, I just bathe in the river. There’s a slow spot not too far from my house.”

Bathing in the river, huh...?

[ ] Sounds kind of primitive. And uncomfortable. And cold.
[ ] Sounds kind of interesting. This demands further exploration.
>> No. 3361
[] Sounds kind of interesting. This demands further exploration.

Just because. We have SCIENCE, so we fear nothing!
>> No. 3362
>>3358
Patience, anon. Delicious thighs will come with time. This is still the first day, after all.
>> No. 3363
[X] Sounds kind of interesting. This demands further exploration.

And then someone stumbles upon us.
>> No. 3364
[X] Sounds kind of interesting. This demands further exploration.
>> No. 3365
[ ] Sounds kind of interesting. This demands further exploration.
>> No. 3366
[] Sounds kind of interesting. This demands further exploration
>> No. 3367
[X] Sounds kind of interesting. This demands further exploration.
>> No. 3368
[x] Sounds kind of interesting. This demands further exploration.

“Really? Maybe I’ll try the river, instead.”

Bathing in a river? Sounds kind of interesting. Thrilling, even.

Nitori shoots you a curious smile, “Oh, humans like to bathe in the river, too?”

“I don’t know,” you answer honestly. “I’ve never tried before. I think all this mountain air has made me feel adventurous.”

“Well, I’m going to get back to work on your leg. Towels are in the bathroom, the third room on the right as you’re walking in.” She opens the door to the cave and you both go inside. “Well, ‘night Bill. I’ll see you in the morning.” Saying this, Nitori heads for the stairs leading down to the lab.

You head over to the door she said was the bathroom, and open it. It’s pretty standard. There’s a shower in the back, a mirror, a flush toilet, and a sink. You check one of the cupboards and find the towels. You also grab a bar of soap from a drawer under the sink. Odd... it seems to be a brand you’ve heard of. You wonder how it got here.

The fairy you’re carrying decides do try and snuggle up with your arm while in the bathroom, as if to remind you that you need to figure out what to do with her. It would be bad if she woke up and trashed Nitori’s house while you were out, so you decide to just take her with you. You grab an extra towel for her to lie on while you bathe.

Heading out into the night, you walk a little ways up the river to a slow spot you saw earlier. It might not be the spot Nitori was talking about, but it’ll work. Setting down the fairy, you take a seat on a nearby rock.

Firstly, you roll up your right pant leg and begin messing with the peg-leg. It’s very difficult to get off. There are no less than three straps you have to maneuver around each other to get it off. Once you do get it off, you strip off the rest of your clothing.

Soon, you’re standing in the buff on the middle of the night on a mountain. It’s a strange feeling. One part of you wants to throw your clothing back on due to embarrassment, while the other part tells you that there is no reason to. And you’ve already come this far, so...

You head over to the river, assisted by your cane, and dip your foot in. It’s amazing how used to the peg-leg you’ve gotten; the ten foot or so trip is very difficult without it. You wonder just how good the new leg Nitori is making for you is going to be.

Looking down, you see that the water is only about a foot and a half deep. It’s about the perfect depth. You’re going to have to be sitting, since balancing on one leg on a slippery river bed isn’t exactly feasible. You lower yourself into the water.

“Ahhh!”

The water is colder than you thought. You’re going to have to be quick about this. Lather, rinse, lather, rinse. You’re half of a right leg is still a little tender, so you try not to bump it too much.

The whole process goes rather smoothly, until you raise yourself out of the water. Turning around, you notice something on the mountainside behind you. The moon is nearly full, so you can tell that it’s a white shirt, very possibly being worn by someone. It doesn’t seem to be moving, though, so maybe you're mistaken...

[ ] Pretend it’s not there. Denial is always a valid option.
[ ] Flex.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 3369
Also, blame/praise your luck on that one. I flipped a coin with Aya being heads, and she won.

6 out of the 7 times.
>> No. 3370
[ ] FFFLEEEEEEEX

Self sage for THIS SHRINE reference.
>> No. 3371
[X] Flex.
[X] "Now that I have some time alone, I can finally hammer out some of those... urges. But who would make a good focus... that Aya woman was really quite attractive, yes..."
[X] Fap. Loudly. To Aya.
>> No. 3372
[X] Flex.
>> No. 3373
[X] Flex.

Too bad we don't have a chess board.
>> No. 3375
[ ] Pretend it’s not there. Denial is always a valid option.
>> No. 3376
Does anyone remember that we're a scientist.

SCIENTISTS ARE NOT KNOWN FOR THEIR PHYSIQUE.
>> No. 3377
[ ] Pretend it’s not there. Denial is always a valid option
>> No. 3378
[x] Flex.

It seems that you’ve found a bit of a nudist inside yourself. It’s nothing too strange. Even Benjamin Franklin was a nudist, right? That... thing on the mountainside, it’s probably someone. Who? You’ve got no idea. And you don’t care. You enjoyed your bath too much to care.

Continuing with your normal after-bathing routine, you must flex in front of a mirror. You’re a skinny particle physicist, so it was more out of irony that you took up this habit, but it has become a part of you. You’ve got no mirror, so the side of the mountain will do.

*FLEX*

It’s a bit difficult to do, balancing on one leg, but it’s manageable.

*FLEX*

You breathe a sigh of relief. No, there was no way you could have gone back without doing that.

Listening closely, you can hear laughter coming from the mountainside. It seems that whoever was up there found your flexing pretty amusing... but you don’t really care. It sounds like a woman. If she wants to come down and talk, she’ll do so.

You head back over to your clothes... only to find them missing. The fairy is also gone. All that’s left are your peg-leg and a towel... it seems that the fairy woke up and took your clothing as a prank. Damn! That was your only pair.

No sense crying about it, though. You’re sure you can mooch something acceptable off of Nitori tomorrow, with all the stuff she's got stashed in the lab. You wrap the towel around your waist, sit down, and strap on your leg. It takes a little while to get the strapping just right.

...although, you begin to rethink things while you strap your leg on. That river was cold. You dried off the best that you could, but that was some seriously cold water.

“Hey, looking for these, strongman?”

Turning around, you see Aya, a huge grin spread across her face. She’s holding your clothes... and that fairy. The fairy looks at you and turns away quickly, as if embarrassed or frightened. You can’t make out her expression in the darkness, though; her face is much too small.

[ ] “Yes. Thanks, Aya.”
[ ] “So, didn’t you get enough for your story yet? ...or are you working on a different kind of publication?”
[ ] "You can keep the fairy. I only need my clothes."
>> No. 3379
[X] “Yes. Thanks, Aya.”
[X] “So, didn’t you get enough for your story yet? ...or are you working on a different kind of publication?”

Oh, Aya. I love you so.
>> No. 3380
[ ] “So, didn’t you get enough for your story yet? ...or are you working on a different kind of publication?”

VOYEURISM FOR THE VOYEUR GODS
>> No. 3381
[ ] “Yes. Thanks, Aya.”
[ ] “So, didn’t you get enough for your story yet? ...or are you working on a different kind of publication?”
>> No. 3382
[X] “Yes. Thanks, Aya.”
[X] “So, didn’t you get enough for your story yet? ...or are you working on a different kind of publication?”
>> No. 3383
[ ] “Yes. Thanks, Aya.”
[ ] “So, didn’t you get enough for your story yet? ...or are you working on a different kind of publication?”
>> No. 3384
[ ] “Yes. Thanks, Aya.”
[ ] “So, didn’t you get enough for your story yet? ...or are you working on a different kind of publication?”
>> No. 3385
[x] “Yes. Thanks, Aya.”
[x] “So, didn’t you get enough for your story yet? ...or are you working on a different kind of publication?”

“Yes. Thanks, Aya. Hold on to the fairy for a minute.”

You grab your clothes. Your newfound nudist self doesn’t mind changing in front of women, so you simply drop your towel and start to get dressed. Aya... seems a bit shocked, to say the least.

“W-w-what are you doing?”

“I’m getting changed.” You answer simply. “It’s cold out here.”

Aya averts her gaze while you change. This is definitely a much more efficient way to mess with someone than by simply yelling out obscure references or saying things in different, incredibly fake accents, like you usually do.

“So, Aya,” you ask, buttoning up the rest of your lab coat, “didn’t you get enough for your story yet? Or...” a smile creeps across your face, “are you working on a different kind of publication?”

Aya looks back to you, but can’t manage to make a proper amount of eye contact. It’s clear she’s still a bit thrown back by your action. “No, it’s not that...”

This is too easy. “Well, then. Are they for your personal use?”

“Ah...” Oho. Maybe you’ve hit it dead on?

Steeling herself, she looks you straight in the eye. It seems she’s regained her composer. “Ever hear of blackmail?”

“Oh.” Well, that does count as personal use.

“Usually, though, I don’t get caught. You were lucky that I was gathering your clothes when you looked up.”

Usually? “You’ve done this before?”

“Ehehehe... maybe. I’m not giving away my secrets that easily. Anyway,” she says, holding the fairy up, “here.”

You reach out and grab the fairy by her collar, the same place that Aya was holding her. “Good luck with the training. I’ve got a newspaper to get printed for tomorrow, so...”

“Wait a minute. How did you know I was---“

Aya leaps into the air, completely avoiding your impending question. “Goodnight, Bill!”

So, she’s probably been spying on you for at least part of the day. You’re not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. Judging by the descriptions you’ve heard of her newspaper, it’s probably a very bad thing. If she’s been following you all day, you’re definitely going to find more than a little blurb on the back page of the newspaper.

You start walking back. Along the way, you try talking to the fairy.

“Hey, if I let you go, you’re not going to run away, are you?”

The fairy nods, so you decide to let her go. You’re going to be going to sleep soon, anyway, so it’s no good if she just runs away. She flies up and sits on your shoulder. This... is really cool.

“So, would you mind staying with me for a while? I live in a cave, not a waterfall like where I found you.”

She shakes her head.

“Good. If you need anything, just try to get my attention.”

She nods.

“Oh, and no more pranks, OK?”

She shakes her head. You sigh. It certainly wouldn’t be that easy.

“Well, if you can’t do that, at least try not to bite my arm off.”

Making it back to the cave, you realize that you’re pretty tired. It’s only around 9:00, and you woke up at noon, but you guess that you’re not fully recovered from all the blood you lost yesterday. Making your way to the bathroom, you take care of some business, and then head back to your room.

You want to start waking up at a reasonable time, but you don’t have an alarm clock and your watch alarm has never worked. An idea crosses your mind. Experiment in fairy intelligence is a-go.

“Hey,” you say, pointing to your watch, “See this?” The fairy flutters down to look. “See how there is a little hand and a big hand? I want you to wake me up tomorrow when the little hand is pointing on the six, and the big one on the twelve. Do you think you can do that?”

The fairy stares at your watch for a few seconds, than faces you again. She nods, smiling.

“Good. I’ll see you in the morning, then.” You take off your clothes and toss them on a nearby chair, electing to sleep in your boxers. Nudism is funny once in a while, but you’re not sure you could pull it off full time. You head over to hit the light switch, then make your way back to bed. After about a minute, you feel a slight weight near your feet. It seems the fairy has decided to go to sleep, too.

You lay in bed for a long time, trying to sleep. It’s difficult. So much has happened in the past two days that your mind doesn’t even want to begin sorting it all out. It just keeps playing the events over and over. Gensokyo, the black hole... what are you going to do now? You don’t even have a real home anymore, or a real job. But maybe those things aren’t necessary anymore. You decide to play it by ear, and see how it goes. Eventually, your buzzing thoughts calm down, and you fall asleep.

Pick one:
[ ] ⑦
[ ] ⑧
[ ] ⑨
[ ] ⑩

==================
End of day one. I'm going to sleep, so updates tomorrow.
>> No. 3386
[ ] ⑨

The strongest choice.
>> No. 3387
[X] ⑩

One better than the strongest.
>> No. 3388
[ ] ⑨

I mean, seriously, you expected us NOT to vote for this?
>> No. 3389
[X] ⑩
>> No. 3390
[X] ⑩
Half Life
>> No. 3391
[ ] ⑨

It must be done.
>> No. 3392
[X] ⑩

Superior.

Go, go, decimal system!
>> No. 3393
[X] ⑩
>> No. 3394
[ ] ⑩

We will make our new pet fairy EVEN STRONGER than Cirno, so it would be appropriate to pick and even stronger number.
>> No. 3395
[X] ⑩

All glory to the metric system
>> No. 3396
[X] ⑩

MOST SCIENCE-Y NUMBER.
>> No. 3398
{X} ⑨
>> No. 3399
[X] ⑩

Enough of this obligatory nine bullshit.
>> No. 3400
File 121532611087.jpg - (30.50KB , 298x445 , Aya.jpg ) [iqdb]
3400
>“Hey,” you say, pointing to your watch, “See this?” The fairy flutters down to look. “See how there is a little hand and a big hand? I want you to wake me up tomorrow when the little hand is pointing on the six, and the big one on the twelve. Do you think you can do that?”

>The fairy stares at your watch for a few seconds, than faces you again. She nods, smiling.

Something tells me Bill's going to regret this. Like when he wakes up to a fairy dropping something really fucking heavy onto his face.

[x] ⑩

Voting to row row, fight da nine
>> No. 3401
[X] ⑩
>> No. 3402
[x] 1/0
>> No. 3403
>>3402

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 3404
File 121532677626.jpg - (9.75KB , 349x193 , 1205523769551.jpg ) [iqdb]
3404
>>3403

Forgot yo pic.
>> No. 3407
[x] ⑲/⓪
>> No. 3409
>>3407
STOP DOING THAT
>> No. 3412
For symmetry!
[x] ⑧

I'm not sure whether Aya is awesome or not. The fairy can certainly be moe though.
>> No. 3413
[x] ⑪

These go to 11.
>> No. 3415
[x] ⑩

You must make it to the temple. Without your help, many people may die. The puzzle of the pyramid... you’ve solved it. One must sacrifice a French fry on the altar, or else the whole thing will collapse. You break into a run.

Running, running, running through the desert. It’s not hot at all. You’re not sure why. You run, and run, and eventually come to the pyramid. Standing at the entrance is the caretaker.

“Sir,” he asks, “I require $5 for entry.”

Well, that’s reasonable. You reach into your wallet for a $5 dollar bill and hand it to him. He examines it for a little while, and then hands the bill back to you. “This is only $3.50”

Looking at it, you come to the same conclusion. The numbers in the corner definitely say $3.50, and the picture on the bill is that of Einstein; the man that has always been on the $3.50 dollar bill. You go back into your wallet and get another $5.

This time, you decide to double check the thing to avoid further embarrassment. It’s a $2 dollar bill. What? You were sure that you had grabbed a $5...

OH.

The realization hits you like a ton of bricks. You’re dreaming. All of this is just a dream, and you’re dreaming. Lucid powers activate!

“Ufufufu...”

Turning around, you see a woman. She appears to be wearing a purple nightgown, and her blond hair is tied at the ends with red ribbons. A strange poofy nightcap, also with a ribbon tied on it, rests on her head, and she’s carrying a parasol. All and all... not very fitting for the desert scene you're currently in.

But... there’s something else that's strange about her. You get the feeling that she’s more intelligent than most of the dream characters you’ve met. This could be interesting.

“So, you’re not going to save the archaeologists?” She shoots you a wry grin. “I was hoping I’d get to see the part where they sacrifice the French fry.”

No, there’s definitely something off about this woman. It’s your dream, though, so no matter what it is, you’re stronger. Stronger than the strongest. You’re effectively god here.

“You may call me Yukari, Bill. I’m Gensokyo’s other protector.”

This is getting pretty creepy, but you decide to continue the conversation. She’s just a figment of your imagination, anyway. A plaything. “Any reason why you’re in my dream, then? Shouldn’t you be worrying about something else?”

She laughs. A hearty laugh. “Not at all. I’m sleeping right now, too... but just sleeping is boring, don’t you think? Besides,” she pauses, “You’ve done something terrible to the border. I’m not sure what, so I came to find out.” She says, reaching out a hand towards your head. “Hold still.”

You leap up into the air. Danmaku looked pretty cool, though possibly too intricate, so you wonder if you can perform it here. If not, you can probably just will her out of existence. Not as interesting, but it’ll do. “I’m afraid, Yukari, that you won’t be getting any information without a fight!”

She rises lazily into the air, her paper fan covering her mouth. “Ufufufu... very well, then. Prepare yours---”

Suddenly, you’re back your room. The fairy seems to be holding open the eyelid on one of your eyes, peeking into it.

“Uhhh...” you groan. That was a really weird dream. “Leggo...”

The fairy understands, and lets go of your eyelid. You glance to your watch on the nightstand. 6:01. Amazing!

You sit up in bed. “Hey, good job! I suppose you want a reward now?”

Nod nod.

“Well, ah... I’ll see what I can find, OK? How about some food?”

Nod nod.

“You’ll have to wait for breakfast, I’m afraid. I’m not sure when we’re eating, so... maybe I should go find out.”

You try to get out of bed, but just as you shift your weight to swing the peg-leg out from under the bedsheets, you find it’s stuck. Your center of gravity is no longer over the bed, so you fall to the floor in a heap.

“Ooof!”

Finding the source of the problem, you see that a part of the sheet has been tied to the bed frame, while another part has been tied around your leg. A very elaborate trap. You didn’t even notice that the sheet was missing when you pulled the comforter off this morning. Looking up, you notice the fairy fluttering around, seemingly laughing silently.

You sigh. Was this really a good idea? You get the feeling every morning is going to be like this.

[ ] Smack the fairy with your cane as punishment. It works for training animals, so...
[ ] Scold the fairy. She’s like a little kid, right? This should work.
[ ] Let it go. You’ve got other needs to worry about, like... coffee.
>> No. 3416
[X] Let it go. You’ve got other needs to worry about, like... coffee.
>> No. 3417
[X] Let it go. You’ve got other needs to worry about, like... coffee.

I do get the urge to grab it and carry it down with us, pressing it's face into our chest and making it blush.
>> No. 3418
[x] "Ha, good one..."
[x] Let it go. You’ve got other needs to worry about, like... coffee.

Fairies will be fairies. You can't take the prank out of the prankster, so why bother.
>> No. 3419
[x] "Ha, good one..."
[x] Let it go. You’ve got other needs to worry about, like... coffee.
>> No. 3420
[] "Ha, good one..."
[] Let it go. You’ve got other needs to worry about, like... coffee.
>> No. 3421
[x] "Ha, good one..."
[x] Let it go. You’ve got other needs to worry about, like... coffee.
>> No. 3422
[x] "Ha, good one..."
[x] Let it go. You’ve got other needs to worry about, like... coffee.
[x] Ruffle her Hair.
>> No. 3423
[x]“Ha, good one...”
[x] Let it go. You’ve got other needs to worry about, like... coffee.

“Ha, good one...”

The fairy nods, seeming pleased with itself.

Well, whatever. You can worry about actually trying to train the fairy later. You need coffee. It just seems wrong to wake up without coffee. You wonder if maybe Nitori has some.

Throwing on your clothes, you decide that you’re definitely going to need more at some point. You wonder if there are any stores in Gensokyo. Again, it comes around to asking Nitori, so you decide to make your way down to the lab, since that's probably where she is. The fairy flies along silently behind you.

When you reach the bottom of the stairs, you see Nitori doing some kind of dance. It’s... disturbing. What could she be so happy about so early in the morning? You walk over to her.

“Yes! Oh, this is so cool! It’s finally done!”

Sounds like she’s finished your leg.

“’Morning, Nitori.” She turns around to look at you, startled, and then blushes. “A-ah, good morning.” She puts on an obviously fake serious face. “But next time, don’t sneak up on me like that!”

“So,” you ask, smiling. “The leg’s finished? Great. When do I get to have it attached?”

“Well, right now, if you want.” She says “It’s not like it needs surgery or anything. But... we should discuss your payment, right?” She grins slyly. “You’re going to have to stay here until I get something from you.”

It looks like the coffee is going to have to wait.

[ ] “Oh, if that’s the case... maybe I shouldn’t pay up?”
[ ] “How about Ruukoto? If we manage to fix her up, would that count?”
[ ] “I’m sure that I could fill you in on almost anything that you’ve got stashed here.”
>> No. 3424
[X] “Oh, if that’s the case... maybe I shouldn’t pay up?”

Hahaha, Nitori. Somehow, I don't think you thought your clever plan all the way through.
>> No. 3426
File 121537009017.jpg - (77.78KB , 500x625 , 1215227812707.jpg ) [iqdb]
3426
[X] “Oh, if that’s the case... maybe I shouldn’t pay up?”
>> No. 3427
[X] “How about Ruukoto? If we manage to fix her up, would that count?”
IT LIVES
>> No. 3428
File 121537031539.gif - (130.24KB , 700x500 , cunning plan.gif ) [iqdb]
3428
[X] “Oh, if that’s the case... maybe I shouldn’t pay up?”

animooted
>> No. 3429
[X] “Oh, if that’s the case... maybe I shouldn’t pay up?”
>> No. 3430
[ ] “How about Ruukoto? If we manage to fix her up, would that count?”
>> No. 3431
[] “Oh, if that’s the case... maybe I shouldn’t pay up?”
>> No. 3432
File 12153734336.jpg - (242.63KB , 605x605 , 1215209918016.jpg ) [iqdb]
3432
Hey Klaymen,

I noticed that we (the Touhou VN) have the same entrance into Gensokyo via CERN's LHC idea, and we've been playing with the character being an average Anon or a CERN scientist for various plot reasons (mostly explaining to Yukari why her Barrier is locked). Also Nine's "Nitori Route" involves it pretty heavily.

Do you mind dropping by the #TouhouVN channel or visiting the forums (http://anontouhouvnproject.makeforum.org) and sharing your thoughts? They would be helpful.
>> No. 3433
[ ] “Oh, if that’s the case... maybe I shouldn’t pay up?”

At first glance, I thought this a a mean option, but now that I re-read it, let's stay with Nitori FOREVER!!
>> No. 3434
[X] “Oh, if that’s the case... maybe I shouldn’t pay up?”
>> No. 3435
[x] “Oh, if that’s the case... maybe I shouldn’t pay up?”

“Oh, if that’s the case...”

Oh, man. This is good. You’re not sure how you came up with this after just waking up, but you decide to run with it.

“Maybe I shouldn’t pay up?”

Shock. Nitori has no idea what to say to that.

“I really like this place, and every scientist needs a secret mountain lair, right?”

Now that you think about it, though, living here wouldn’t be too bad. You still intend to pay your debt either way, but if she accepts...

“Besides, then I’d get to see your beautiful form every day, Nitori.” You say, winking at her.

That did it. Her face is beet red now.

“I-it’s not that I’d m-mind or anything, but...” Her voice is very quiet. She’s looking down at the ground like she was the first time you met her, unable to make eye contact.

[ ] Keep up the pressure. This is priceless.
[ ] Ease up a bit. It looks like you’re really embarrassing her.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 3436
>>3432
IRC? It's been about 6 years since I've last used it, but I'll give it a shot. What server are you guys on?
>> No. 3437
>>3436
Server is Rizon (sorry I probably should have mentioned that)

Awesome, thanks.
>> No. 3438
[x] Keep up the pressure. This is priceless.
>> No. 3439
>>3436
Be careful. Sometimes that place undergoes great stupidity.
I find it a lot more bearable if you set a certain person on "ignore".
>> No. 3440
[ ] Ease up a bit. It looks like you’re really embarrassing her.
>> No. 3441
[X] Ease up a bit. It looks like you’re really embarrassing her.

Don't wanna get kicked out or anything.
>> No. 3443
[ ] Keep up the pressure. This is priceless.

Nitorin~
>> No. 3445
[X] Ease up a bit. It looks like you’re really embarrassing her.
>> No. 3447
[z] Ease up a bit. It looks like you’re really embarrassing her.
>> No. 3448
[X] Ease up a bit. It looks like you’re really embarrassing her.
>> No. 3449
>>3435

[x] Sigh and ruffle her hair as you hobble past her into the kitchen.

Give her a moment while you put the coffee on.
>> No. 3450
[X] Sigh and ruffle her hair as you hobble past her into the kitchen.

This.
>> No. 3451
>>3446
Changing my vote to
[+] Sigh and ruffle her hair as you hobble past her into the kitchen.
>> No. 3452
{X} Sigh and ruffle her hair as you hobble past her into the kitchen.
Ruffle~
>> No. 3453
[ ] Ease up a bit. It looks like you’re really embarrassing her.
Let's not go overboard and hasten too much, we have all the time in a singularity with her if my hunch is correct.
>> No. 3454
[x] Sigh and ruffle her hair as you hobble past her into the kitchen.
>> No. 3455
{X} Sigh and ruffle her hair as you hobble past her into the kitchen.
>> No. 3456
[x] Sigh and ruffle her hair as you hobble past her into the kitchen.

Most true write-in for all the meta-games. And House-like.
>> No. 3457
[x] Sigh and ruffle her hair as you hobble past her into the kitchen.

ITT coffee maken gaems
>> No. 3458
[x] Ease up a bit. It looks like you’re really embarrassing her.

“Oh, that’s good, then.” You let it drop. She’s cute when embarrassed, but you might never get your coffee if you keep this up. “Really, though, I plan on paying you back. Just not right now.”

Silence. Glancing behind you, you notice your fairy flying around. You call it back, telling it not to fly around the lab. Eventually, after a couple of minutes, Nitori seems to have regained her composer.

“W-well, I guess we can worry about it later, then.” It seems she’s still blushing a little bit. “So, wanna try on your new leg?”

“Actually,” You say, “I’d like some coffee...”

“I don’t have any coffee,” she frowns, “sorry.”

Shit. No coffee? You can already feel the caffeine headache coming on. You had tea to stave it off yesterday, so maybe you can hold out till breakfast.

“Well,” might as well get this over with. “Right, then. Let’s do this.” You smile. “For science.”

Nitori raises her hand into the air “For science!”

You walk over to the workbench and sit down next to the leg. Now, whatever wood was inside of this thing has been consumed by the Borg metal. At the large end, the one without the ball sticking out of it, there are tiny, wiggling metallic arms. It’s very disturbing. They almost look like tiny worms...

“Uhhh...”

“Oh, getting worried, Bill?” Nitori laughs, “It’s nothing you haven’t seen before. I used the same technology for that language reprogrammer I gave you earlier.”

So. That’s what those legs that propelled that slug thing into your ear looked like. It’s not comforting.

“Now, take off your peg-leg.”

“Right.”

You roll up your pant leg and fight with the straps on it for a while. The leg comes free, and you hold it in your hands for a little while.

“It’s been fun, old friend.” You set it on the bench next to you. Ok, it’s only been a day, but so what?

“Now,” Nitori says, handing the leg to you, “Just hold this to the bottom of what’s left of your leg. It should attach, and you’ll be good to go.”

Grabbing the leg from her, you realize it’s much heavier than a normal leg would be. You almost drop it.

“Hey, this thing is pretty heavy, isn’t it?” It won’t be as easy to maneuver around as the peg-leg was, that’s for sure.

“Don’t worry about it till you try it on.” Nitori’s smiling a very big grin. “There’s more to it than there seems.”

“Ok. Here I go!” You hold the wiggling claws to your nub. It’s... not painful, per say, just creepy. It feels like hundreds of worms are burrowing into your skin. Nerve connections are formed, nerves that you never knew you had. Maybe you didn’t. Either way, you can feel it becoming one with your body. It really does feel like your own limb.

After about a minute, the flurry of strange sensations stops. “I... think it’s done, Nitori.”

“Get up and try it out, then.” She smiles. “I want to see how good it works.”

You do as she says. It’s... a bit heavy, like you thought. Though, there is this weird feeling. Like you could extend claws out of the ball out of your foot. You decide to try it...

...and it works. The metal ball deforms and produces claws to enhance your balance. Looking down, they look a lot like gray talons. It’s a pretty odd sight.

“...whoa.”

“Pretty cool, huh? I told you it was going to be great!” She’s really getting into this. “It can do all kinds of other things, too!”

“Really? What, is it like a Swiss army leg?”

“Sure! For instance, you can fly with it... kind of.”

[ ] “Flying?” Laugh, “Is that all?”
[ ] “AWESOME!”
[ ] “Seems fitting. But how does it work?”
[ ] “...kind of? What does THAT mean?
>> No. 3459
>[x] Sigh and ruffle her hair as you hobble past her into the kitchen.

I would have rewritten the whole thing to accomidate this, but uh... you're nowhere near the kitchen. That's back upstairs.
>> No. 3460
>>3458

[ ] “Seems fitting. But how does it work?”
[ ] Say jokingly "Maybe you should cut off my other leg so I'll have a matching set."
>> No. 3461
[ ] “...kind of? AWESOME!"
>> No. 3462
[ ] “...kind of? What does THAT mean?

"Kind of" is not in a scientist's vocabulary, Miss Nitori. It's either hypothetically yes or no.
>> No. 3463
[ ] “Seems fitting. But how does it work?”
[ ] Say jokingly "Maybe you should cut off my other leg so I'll have a matching set."
>> No. 3464
[]"AWESOME! Wait... kind of? What does THAT mean?"
>> No. 3465
[ ] “Seems fitting. But how does it work?”
[ ] Say jokingly "Maybe you should cut off my other leg so I'll have a matching set."
>> No. 3466
[x] “Seems fitting. But how does it work?”
[x] Say jokingly "Maybe you should cut off my other leg so I'll have a matching set."
>> No. 3467
File 121539343890.jpg - (92.63KB , 500x825 , momoko_blastoff.jpg ) [iqdb]
3467
[x] “Seems fitting. But how does it work?”
[x] Say jokingly "Maybe you should cut off my other leg so I'll have a matching set."

PIC SORTA OF RELATED BUT NOT REALLY.
>> No. 3469
[x] “Seems fitting. But how does it work?”
[x] Say jokingly "Maybe you should cut off my other leg so I'll have a matching set."

Bird talons, and it can let you fly?

“Seems fitting... but how does it work, Nitori?”

“Well, It’s kind of complicated...”

Complicated? Ha! “Lay it on my, Nitori. I’m a scientist, after all.”

She laughs a little bit. “Right. Well, it’s kind of magical, so listen up. The ball on the end is an amorphous metal, kind of like mercury that holds its shape until you tell it to change with an electric charge. That white thing in the middle that was sticking out when I was building it? It’s a youkai bone. I don’t know what kind of youkai it came from, but I’ve had it laying around the lab for a while now. All the stuff around the outside is sort of an interface, connecting you to the bone. It’s not perfect, but I’m pretty happy with it.”

You laugh. “Seriously? It’s part monster bone? Maybe you should cut off my other leg so I'll have a matching set.”

“Sorry, I’ve only got one bone.” She throws you a mischievous smile. “I’ve already thought about that, but it’s impossible.”

“...”

Nitori laughs. “It’s a joke! Well, about already thinking about it. I really did only have one bone.”

“Anyway,” she says, continuing, “Only the leg itself can fly, so... I hope you have good balance.”

“Wait. What?” That sounds difficult. You do have good balance, but...

“I couldn’t find a way to transfer the youkai’s power into you, so it was the best I could do. I managed to make it able to shoot danmaku, too. You’ll probably need it when...ah,” she blushes, “if... you pay me back. Gensokyo can be a dangerous place, so a little self defense could come in handy.”

“...wow. I’m impressed, Nitori.”

“Well, go on!” Nitori says, motioning upward “Try some flying, I want to see if it works.”

Flying... right. Somehow, you just know how to fly. It’s a very weird feeling, but also very natural. Almost like moving a finger.

“Well, here I go...”

Slowly, you inch your way into the air, not wanting to lose your balance. It feels a lot like balancing on a moving car... only, you’ve somehow got one knee stuck in a fixed location in relation to the car. So it’s not really anything like anything you’ve done before.

“Hey,” you call out, “this is pretty cool!”

Even the fairy seems to be sharing your excitement. It’s landed on your shoulder, and has commenced to clapping.

“Try out the danmaku!” Nitori calls up. Danmaku? Sure, why not. But... that sensation isn’t fully integrated into your mind. You can’t just produce it, but don’t know why.

“I... can’t figure it out, Nitori!” You yell back “Any secrets to it? Or am I just doing it wrong?”

She flies up to join you, “No sense yelling, is there? Anyway, you need to visualize a pattern. Any pattern will do. I’m not sure just how powerful the leg is, so pick something simple, OK?”

[ ] 2,2-dimethylpropane is simple, right?
[ ] The pattern your fairy shot at you yesterday was simple, right?
[ ] A single shot is simple, right?
>> No. 3470
[X] 2,2-dimethylpropane is simple, right?

Spell name?

Carbon 5 "Neopentane"
>> No. 3471
[ ] 2,2-dimethylpropane is simple, right?

SCIENCE DANMAKU!
>> No. 3472
[ ] 2,2-dimethylpropane is simple, right?

SCIENCE.
>> No. 3473
[ ] 2,2-dimethylpropane is simple, right?
>> No. 3474
[x] 2,2-dimethylpropane is simple, right?

FIRE IT UP
LET'S BUUUUUUURN
>> No. 3475
[X] 2,2-dimethylpropane is simple, right?
>> No. 3476
Danmaku based on molecular structure? Oh shit, just wait until he gets to the polymers.
>> No. 3477
[x] 2,2-dimethylpropane is simple, right?

So, all you need to do is visualize it, huh? Yeah, that sounds about right... but, why would you choose something simple as a pattern? You’re testing this thing, right? Why test it at low levels?

Thinking back to your general chemistry class in college, you pick a molecule out at random. Neopentane, or 2,2-dimethylpropane. That looked kind of cool, right?

“Ok,” you say to Nitori, “I think I’ve got it.”

Then, it happens. You create danmaku. Your leg glows, shredding the lower portion of your pants. Well... you were going to need new pants, anyway. You guess you’ll have to wear shorts from now on, or risk becoming like the Hulk.

Hundreds, perhaps thousands, of glowing watermellon sized imitations of the molecule in question spew out of your leg in all directions. It’s all very chaotic and reminds you of a gas... which seems oddly appropriate.

Getting a bit carried away, you remember that it’s also a flammable gas. On cue, denser pockets of it ignite in slow motion, splitting off into what you imagine are another hydrocarbon and water. These new clusters of shots fly out from the explosion center, sending even more random projectiles flying in all directions. This seems to be getting a bit dangerous, so you try to shut it off. No good. Since the activation mechanism was a bit weird, you’re not entirely sure that you know how to.

Looking over your shoulder, you notice that Nitori is no longer next to you. You’re fairy, however, is hugging your shoulder quite tightly, keeping her head down as much as possible. Nitori’s quite far behind you now, weaving through the whole mess. “Bill, I think that’s good!” Her voice is a mixture of amazement and confusion.

“I can’t shut it off, Nitori!”

“Just clear your mind!”

Oh, that would make sense. You try to clear your mind, but it’s difficult to get the image of the entire lab going up in a giant slow-motion fireball out of your head. After a few seconds you manage to pull it off. The leg ceases spitting out fake molecules, and everything goes quiet.

You just float there, looking around. It doesn’t look like you’ve damaged too much. Some of the taller piles are a bit blackened, and the air around you smells like fire. You glance over your shoulder, looking for Nitori. Instead, you’re greeted with a clapping fairy. You try the other shoulder.

“Bill, that was... crazy!” She’s grinning like an idiot “Maybe that leg’s from a more powerful youkai than I thought. What do you call that spellcard?”

“Spellcard?” You’ve got no idea what a spellcard is, other than it has to do with danmaku.

“Yeah, spellcard. That wasn’t a low level attack,” she says, still obviously taken back by your display. “You’ve definitely got to name something like that.”

Name? You always thought named attacks were silly. Not wanting to sound out of place, you decide to ask, “What kind of naming convention should I use?”

“Naming convention? We generally just name it after what it looks like, or what it’s suppose to represent, so I guess there really isn’t one. So, what’re you gonna call it?”

A good name, huh...?

[ ] Write-in
>> No. 3478
[ ] 2,2-dimethylpropane

Because that's what it is.
Unimaginative scientist go.
>> No. 3481
[ ] Alkane Sign "Dimethylpropane"

Ha, I know nothing about chemistry. Someone tell me if I'm doing this right.
>> No. 3482
>>3479
[x] Carbon Sign「Neopentane」

Piggybacking because me no know science words
>> No. 3483
[z] Carbon Sign 「Neopentane」

Spellcard namen gaems.
>> No. 3484
File 121540672689.png - (6.04KB , 426x315 , 22-dimethylpropane.png ) [iqdb]
3484
Damn you, Klaymen. Thanks to you and your CYOA, I've remembered how much I loved those chemistry diagrams, even though I was terrible at chemistry.
>> No. 3485
Volatile Sign 「Neopentane」
>> No. 3486
File 121540908496.png - (206.84KB , 1100x1094 , Neopentane-3D-balls.png ) [iqdb]
3486
[x] Hydrocarbon Sign 「Neopentane」
>> No. 3487
[x] Hydrocarbon Sign 「Neopentane」
>> No. 3488
[x] Hydrocarbon Sign 「Neopentane」

SCIENCE prevails once again.
>> No. 3489
>>3477

Now we've just got to make DNA strand danmaku.
>> No. 3490
>>3486
>>3487
>>3488

As an uneducated Anon, I must ask: what's a hydrocarbon?
>> No. 3491
>>3490

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrocarbon

SCIENCE!
>> No. 3492
Sleeping now. Updates tomorrow and stuff.
>> No. 3493
[x] Hydrocarbon Sign 「Neopentane」
Molecular danmaku is genius and awesome.
>> No. 3495
>>3477
"You’re fairy, however, is hugging your shoulder quite tightly"
If we are a fairy, then what is hugging our shoulder? Or in other words: "you're" is a contraction of "you are", "your" is the word you were looking for.
Anyways:
[x] Hydrocarbon Sign 「Neopentane」
>> No. 3497
[x] Hydrocarbon Sign 「Neopentane」

Danmaku and SCIENCE for great justice!
Our first spellcard should be Paracetamol/Acetaminophen, just for the irony factor.
>> No. 3498
[x] Hydrocarbon Sign 「Neopentane」

Awesome borg Nye.
>> No. 3499
>>3495
Oho, I was wondering when I would make that mistake. I knew I couldn't get away without doing it at least once.
>> No. 3500
[x] Hydrocarbon Sign 「Neopentane」

You think about it for a moment, and then decide that simplicity would be best. You’re not sure how many of these “spellcards” you’re going to be able to come up with, but a systematic naming scheme would be best.

You grin. “Hydrocarbon Sign ‘Neopentane’”

Nitori shoots you a disappointed look. “That’s... not very interesting, is it? I was hoping more for something like Combustion Sign ‘Fireball’.”

“Science is governed by rules, my dear.” You explain in your signature accent. “I must be methodical in my naming schemes, or else they will become chaotic and difficult to understand.”

“Ahaha...” she laughs at your explanation. “That’s definitely something Bill would say. So, are you hungry? Hina should be showing up soon.”

“Yeah.” You are pretty hungry. “Let’s go meet her.”

Levitating to the cave floor slowly, you land without incident. Moving up and down isn’t too difficult, but you really don’t want to try moving sideways. Images of you hanging upside-down from the flying leg, flailing your arms, keep flashing through your mind.

You both head upstairs. Along the way you experiment with levitating your leg ever so slightly so that it doesn’t feel quite as heavy. It’s a success. This leg is very cool. You feel like some kind of crazed robot, plodding up the steps with a metallic talon as a foot.

The fairy has let go of your shoulder now and is fluttering around, looking at unimportant things... like, cracks in the wall. You guess she’s easily amused. Opening the door to the living room, you find... nothing. Hina isn’t there.

“Oh, I guess she’s not here yet. Well, I guess your breakfast will have to wait, Bill.”

Nitori takes a seat on her sofa.

[ ] Take a seat on the other sofa.
[ ] Take a seat on Nitori’s sofa.
[ ] Head outside to greet Hina when she comes.
>> No. 3501
{X} Take a seat on Nitori’s sofa.
eh
>> No. 3502
[X] Take a seat on Nitori’s sofa.
Sexing up time.
Do we still have the cane?
>> No. 3503
[x] Take a seat on Nitori’s sofa.
>> No. 3504
>>3502
Nye left the cane down in the lab since he was so excited about being able to walk again/SHOOT FREAKING MOLECULES OUT OF HIS LEG.
I'll let you go back and get it later, though.
>> No. 3505
>>3504
We need that Cane back and upgrade it.
>> No. 3506
[x] Take a seat on Nitori’s sofa.

You decide to sit down next to Nitori.

“W-what are you doing...?” She doesn’t seem too comfortable with the new seating arrangement. Her voice has gone quiet again.

“Trying to embarrass you.” You smile. “What does it look like?”

She looks down towards the ground and doesn’t say anything for a minute. “...well, it’s working...”

“Hey, I know what it’s like, Nitori.” You were a nerd in high school, so being embarrassed whenever someone of the opposite gender tried to be friendly with you is something you know all too well. Nitori’s case is awfully cute, so you’re not sure that you want to cure it, but... “I got over it by forcing myself into situations where it would happen. Eventually, you realize it’s not so bad.”

Silence. Well, it’s not like you were going to be able to help her just like that. “Haaa...” you sigh, leaning back on the sofa, your arms behind your head. “It’s a great day, isn’t it? I haven’t been outside yet, but I can just te---“

*BOOOM*

Suddenly, the cave shakes. Both you and Nitori leap up out of instinct, bumping into each other on the way up. Nitori seems more worried about the fact that she touched you than the noise, so you have to take charge. The cave messed with the acoustics, so you’ll have to guess where the sound was coming from.

[ ] Ignore it. It’s probably something that doesn’t require your attention.
[ ] The lab, right? One of Nitori’s experiments must have gone bad.
[ ] Outside, right? Maybe a rockslide or something blocked off the cave entrance.
>> No. 3507
[X] Outside, right? Maybe a rockslide or something blocked off the cave entrance.
Time for Bill to save the day.
>> No. 3508
[ ] Outside, right? Maybe a rockslide or something blocked off the cave entrance.
Or Hina's coming home under fire, AA GUNS FIRE AT WILL!
>> No. 3509
WHERE THE FUCK IS THE FAIRY?

[x] The lab, right? One of Nitori’s experiments must have gone bad.
>> No. 3510
[ ] The lab, right? One of Nitori’s experiments must have gone bad.

To the kappa-cave!
>> No. 3511
[x] The lab, right? One of Nitori’s experiments must have gone bad.
>> No. 3512
>>3509
"The fairy is floating around the room, looking at the various bookshelves and things."

... just pretend I stuck that in there somewhere.
>> No. 3513
{X} The lab, right? One of Nitori’s experiments must have gone bad.
>> No. 3514
[X] Outside, right? Maybe a rockslide or something blocked off the cave entrance.

Hello Reimu!
>> No. 3516
[X] Outside, right? Maybe a rockslide or something blocked off the cave entrance.
>> No. 3517
[x] The lab, right? One of Nitori’s experiments must have gone bad.

After your shenanigans earlier, maybe you caught something on fire in the lab? Maybe one of Nitori’s experiments has gone awry? Either way, it felt like an explosion of some kind, not a rockslide. You decide it must have come from deeper in the cave.

“Hey... Nitori?” You say, your heart still racing from the noise. “I... think it came from the lab. We should probably go check it out.”

“...y-yeah...”

You head out into the hall, Nitori following behind you, when you notice that your fairy isn’t with you. You peek back into the room and motion for it to follow you, and it obliges. All three of you make your way down to the lab. Walking away from the stairs, you try to spot anything out of the ordinary.

You make pretty far away from the stairs before you give up. Nitori, who was scouting from the air, lands next to you. “Well, I don’t see anything wrong.” Good. She seems to have regained her composure. “Whatever it was, it didn’t come from down here.”

“Well, then,” You say, a bit disappointed with your deduction. “Let’s head back up---“

Another loud booming noise. This one definitely came from the direction of the staircase. You’re starting to get a bit nervous now... this is just like a bad horror movie.

“Just,” you ask under your breath, “what the hell is going on?”

You start to make your way back towards the stairs, with the fairy flying ahead of you and Nitori walking behind. As you get close, a figure in a red and white outfit emerges from the staircase. The fairy flies over to her; you’re not quite sure why. The woman glares at the fairy for a moment, than unleashes a simple danmaku pattern that seems to be made of needles on the poor thing. She has no time to react, and drops instantly.

The woman begins walking toward you. You stand there, rooted to the spot. Red and white? You can’t place the outfit, and it's bothering you. It seems like you should be able to, but...

“You, there.” She says, looking straight at you. “You’re the troublemaker right?” Her tone of voice is dead serious.

[ ] “Troublemaker? ...you must be Reimu.”
[ ] “My fairy! Why... would you do that?”
[ ] Laugh. “I’ve got no idea what you’re talking about. Sorry.”
[ ] Badass write-in.
>> No. 3518
File 121546314037.jpg - (11.46KB , 215x218 , 1206281226251.jpg ) [iqdb]
3518
>>3517

[x] WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?!
>> No. 3519
>>3512
Shit, then I would have voted for outside.
>> No. 3520
[X] “My fairy! Why... would you do that?”

You bitch! You bitch!
>> No. 3521
>>3518
[x] WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?! (while FLEXing)
>> No. 3522
[X] “My fairy! Why... would you do that?”
[X] "Don't taze me, bro!"
>> No. 3524
[X] “My fairy! Why... would you do that?”

Fairy! Please be okay!
>> No. 3525
File 121546345793.jpg - (11.76KB , 100x100 , 1206764145320.jpg ) [iqdb]
3525
[x] WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?!

reimusurprised.jpg
>> No. 3526
[x] "A troublemaker? Me? Oh no, it seems you haven't been told all the facts. You must be the Hakurei Shrine woman I've been told about. Perhaps we can sit down and discuss what needs to be discussed in a manner befitting a scholar such as myself."
>> No. 3527
File 121546352126.png - (22.96KB , 520x520 , danteclassy.png ) [iqdb]
3527
[x] "A troublemaker? Me? Oh no, it seems you haven't been told all the facts. You must be the Hakurei Shrine woman I've been told about. Perhaps we can sit down and discuss what needs to be discussed in a manner befitting a scholar such as myself."
>> No. 3528
[x] "A troublemaker? Me? Oh no, it seems you haven't been told all the facts. You must be the Hakurei Shrine woman I've been told about. Perhaps we can sit down and discuss what needs to be discussed in a manner befitting a scholar such as myself."

This gathering is getting classy.
>> No. 3529
File 121546363031.jpg - (111.99KB , 661x325 , 12111446963.jpg ) [iqdb]
3529
>>3523

So wasn't the FLEXXXXXXXXX option. But it still worked. We are fucking Bill Nye, 6 Million dollar Man and FUCKING HOUSE Ph.D, with a youkai bone as a leg. That is a whole lot of SCIENCE MANLYNESS.

[x] WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?!
>> No. 3530
[z] "A troublemaker? Me? Oh no, it seems you haven't been told all the facts. You must be the Hakurei Shrine woman I've been told about. Perhaps we can sit down and discuss what needs to be discussed in a manner befitting a scholar such as myself."
>> No. 3531
File 121546376167.png - (99.58KB , 986x449 , 1215223963296.png ) [iqdb]
3531
>>3526
>>3527
>>3528

"A troublemaker? Me? Oh no, it seems you haven't been told all the facts. You must be the Hakurei Shrine woman"...BLARGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

BILL? BILL? BILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

BAD END.
>> No. 3532
>>3529

FFFFFFFFFF
Does GDF have an archive of his work? I haven't even seen this one before.
>> No. 3533
[X] "A troublemaker? Me? Oh no, it seems you haven't been told all the facts. You must be the Hakurei Shrine woman I've been told about. Perhaps we can sit down and discuss what needs to be discussed in a manner befitting a scholar such as myself."

[X] "To begin with, you can tell me why you would do such a terrible thing to my fairy."

I swear to god, if she destroyed our little future lab assistant, there will be no rest for her...
>> No. 3535
[X] "A troublemaker? Me? Oh no, it seems you haven't been told all the facts. You must be the Hakurei Shrine woman I've been told about. Perhaps we can sit down and discuss what needs to be discussed in a manner befitting a scholar such as myself."
[X] "To begin with, you can tell me why you would do such a terrible thing to my fairy."
>> No. 3536
[x] "A troublemaker? Me? Oh no, it seems you haven't been told all the facts. You must be the Hakurei Shrine woman I've been told about. Perhaps we can sit down and discuss what needs to be discussed in a manner befitting a scholar such as myself."

[x] "To begin with, you can tell me why you would do such a terrible thing to my fairy."
>> No. 3537
[x] "A troublemaker? Me? Oh no, it seems you haven't been told all the facts. You must be the Hakurei Shrine woman I've been told about. Perhaps we can sit down and discuss what needs to be discussed in a manner befitting a scholar such as myself."

[x] "To begin with, you can tell me why you would do such a terrible thing to my fairy."
>> No. 3538
[x] "A troublemaker? Me? Oh no, it seems you haven't been told all the facts. You must be the Hakurei Shrine woman I've been told about. Perhaps we can sit down and discuss what needs to be discussed in a manner befitting a scholar such as myself."

[x] "To begin with, you can tell me why you would do such a terrible thing to my fairy."
>> No. 3540
[x] "A troublemaker? Me? Oh no, it seems you haven't been told all the facts. You must be the Hakurei Shrine woman I've been told about. Perhaps we can sit down and discuss what needs to be discussed in a manner befitting a scholar such as myself."

[x] "To begin with, you can tell me why you would do such a terrible thing to my fairy."
>> No. 3541
[+] "A troublemaker? Me? Oh no, it seems you haven't been told all the facts. You must be the Hakurei Shrine woman I've been told about. Perhaps we can sit down and discuss what needs to be discussed in a manner befitting a scholar such as myself."
[+] "To begin with, you can tell me why you would do such a terrible thing to my fairy."
I hope this bandwagon has seat belts.
>> No. 3542
[x] "A troublemaker? Me? Oh no, it seems you haven't been told all the facts. You must be the Hakurei Shrine woman I've been told about. Perhaps we can sit down and discuss what needs to be discussed in a manner befitting a scholar such as myself."

[x] "To begin with, you can tell me why you would do such a terrible thing to my fairy."
>> No. 3543
[x] "A troublemaker? Me? Oh no, it seems you haven't been told all the facts. You must be the Hakurei Shrine woman I've been told about. Perhaps we can sit down and discuss what needs to be discussed in a manner befitting a scholar such as myself."

[x] "To begin with, you can tell me why you would do such a terrible thing to my fairy."

MIG RELOADED
>> No. 3546
[x] "A troublemaker? Me? Oh no, it seems you haven't been told all the facts. You must be the Hakurei Shrine woman I've been told about. Perhaps we can sit down and discuss what needs to be discussed in a manner befitting a scholar such as myself."
[x] "To begin with, you can tell me why you would do such a terrible thing to my fairy."

She looks serious, but is it just an act? You decide to find out.

"A troublemaker? Me?” You laugh sadly and shake your head. “Oh no, it seems you haven't been told all the facts. You must be the Hakurei Shrine woman I've been told about.” Looking her straight in the eye, you smile. “Perhaps we can sit down and discuss what needs to be discussed in a manner befitting a scholar such as myself. To begin with, you can tell me why you would do such a terrible thing to my fairy."

Reimu is not amused. “No. Nice try, though.” Her face, her voice, nothing has changed. She kicks the fairy aside, walking towards you. “...and you don’t ask someone to explain every time they swat a mosquito, do you?”

You gave it your best shot. You expected her to at least react a little bit, so you’ve got no idea of how to answer. “Well, uh...”

She keeps walking. “I want you to fix the border. I don’t know what kind of youkai you are, but this is your responsibility. You broke it, so you should fix it.”

“Wait a minute. Youkai?” You ask, confused. “I’m not a youkai. I’m just a human who got sucked through the border in an accident.”

She stops, staring at you intently. After a few seconds she speaks. “I guess you’re only a half-youkai, after all. It doesn’t really matter... I can exterminate either one. So, as I was saying...”

She must be counting your leg as part of you. This is bad. Exterminate? But you thought danmaku was non-lethal?

“Hold on a minute. Fighting won’t solve anything. I really have no idea how to help you.” It’s the truth. Metaphysical boundaries dividing the realm of the imaginary and the realm of the real are not your forte.

“Well, then,” she says, rising up towards the high ceiling of the cave, “I guess we’ll have to do this like usual.”

Suddenly, Nitori yells out from behind you. “Y-you’ll have to get through me first, Reimu Hakurei!” You spin around. She looks incredibly distressed. Her entire body is tense.

[ ] Maybe she has a brilliant plan? Let her go.
[ ] Stop her. This is your fight, no need for her to get blasted.
[ ] Anemia option.
>> No. 3547
[x] Anemia option.
...I can't believe I'm voting for this, but it actually seems like a good tactical decision right now.
>> No. 3548
[ ] Stop her. This is your fight, no need for her to get blasted.

Time to bust out with our manly power. We will show this shrine maiden what happens when she harms our friends! ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH
>> No. 3549
[ ] Stop her. This is your fight, no need for her to get blasted.

Bitches don't know about my complex polymer danmaku.
>> No. 3550
[X] Anemia option
>> No. 3551
[X] Stop her. This is your fight, no need for her to get blasted.
>> No. 3552
>>3549
[ x ] Stop her. This is your fight, no need for her to get blasted.
MANLY SCIENCE
>Bitches don't know about my SCIENCE danmaku
>> No. 3553
[X] Stop her. This is your fight, no need for her to get blasted.

We can't just cower behind a little girl. We have to take responsibility for our actions.
>> No. 3554
File 121547205161.jpg - (271.97KB , 650x639 , 1215389134995.jpg ) [iqdb]
3554
Time to FIXIT.

[X] Stop her. This is your fight, no need for her to get blasted.
>> No. 3556
I suppose we could always try to apply nuclear physics to danmaku.
>> No. 3558
[X] Anemia option
>> No. 3559
This is going to sound totally odd, but I think it would be a good idea if we stop Nitori from fighting, and then--

Get blasted.

I don't know how else we can prove our innocence.

Also, if we do beat Reimu, what then? I don't want another MiG. Do you want another MiG? I really don't want another MiG.
>> No. 3560
[ ] Stop her. This is your fight, no need for her to get blasted.
>> No. 3561
>Also, if we do beat Reimu, what then?
She has tea at our place instead of us having tea at hers. All touhou games end this way.
>> No. 3562
[x] Let Nitori buy time while you pull a Macguyver and construct a device that will remedy the situation.
>> No. 3563
Bill Nye, the Amputee Science Guy. We knew him well.

Rest in peace, my friend.
>> No. 3564
>>3547
Agreed!
[+] Anemia option.
>> No. 3566
[x] "Hold a minute! Fuck. I wasn't lying, I really don't know how to restore this 'boundary', but if you mean a metastable wormhole was constructed between my world and yours, it should be theoretically possible if we can collapse the singularity that formed it. But it's not the kind of problem you can throw pointed sticks and fireballs at until it goes away!

"A singularity is not conscious, you understand? It's not a demon larva, it's not an imprisoned genie, it's not an alien, it's not a weapon or a machine. It's not alive, it's not dead, it's not even properly extant. And unless it's stopped, from this side where normal physical law can be violated, it will grow until it consumes the entire earth. I'll need time, material, magical, and informational resources, any objects or persons that've passed through recently, and access to the most brilliant minds you've got in this world. Unless you're mistaken, over six billion lives hang on the border between life and death. Now, please go. And pray to your gods that I'm wrong."
>> No. 3567
>>3566
>on the border between life and death.
>border

Shouldn't be a problem, then.
>> No. 3568
File 121547762754.gif - (545.51KB , 150x113 , yesyes.gif ) [iqdb]
3568
>>3566
Yesss. YESSSS.

[x] "Hold a minute! Fuck. I wasn't lying, I really don't know how to restore this 'boundary', but if you mean a metastable wormhole was constructed between my world and yours, it should be theoretically possible if we can collapse the singularity that formed it. But it's not the kind of problem you can throw pointed sticks and fireballs at until it goes away!

"A singularity is not conscious, you understand? It's not a demon larva, it's not an imprisoned genie, it's not an alien, it's not a weapon or a machine. It's not alive, it's not dead, it's not even properly extant. And unless it's stopped, from this side where normal physical law can be violated, it will grow until it consumes the entire earth. I'll need time, material, magical, and informational resources, any objects or persons that've passed through recently, and access to the most brilliant minds you've got in this world. Unless you're mistaken, over six billion lives hang on the border between life and death. Now, please go. And pray to your gods that I'm wrong."
>> No. 3569
[x] "Hold a minute! Fuck. I wasn't lying, I really don't know how to restore this 'boundary', but if you mean a metastable wormhole was constructed between my world and yours, it should be theoretically possible if we can collapse the singularity that formed it. But it's not the kind of problem you can throw pointed sticks and fireballs at until it goes away!

"A singularity is not conscious, you understand? It's not a demon larva, it's not an imprisoned genie, it's not an alien, it's not a weapon or a machine. It's not alive, it's not dead, it's not even properly extant. And unless it's stopped, from this side where normal physical law can be violated, it will grow until it consumes the entire earth. I'll need time, material, magical, and informational resources, any objects or persons that've passed through recently, and access to the most brilliant minds you've got in this world. Unless you're mistaken, over six billion lives hang on the border between life and death. Now, please go. And pray to your gods that I'm wrong."

ha ha this shit is berserker
>> No. 3570
[x] "Hold a minute! Fuck. I wasn't lying, I really don't know how to restore this 'boundary', but if you mean a metastable wormhole was constructed between my world and yours, it should be theoretically possible if we can collapse the singularity that formed it. But it's not the kind of problem you can throw pointed sticks and fireballs at until it goes away!

"A singularity is not conscious, you understand? It's not a demon larva, it's not an imprisoned genie, it's not an alien, it's not a weapon or a machine. It's not alive, it's not dead, it's not even properly extant. And unless it's stopped, from this side where normal physical law can be violated, it will grow until it consumes the entire earth. I'll need time, material, magical, and informational resources, any objects or persons that've passed through recently, and access to the most brilliant minds you've got in this world. Unless you're mistaken, over six billion lives hang on the border between life and death. Now, please go. And pray to your gods that I'm wrong."
>> No. 3571
[x] "Hold a minute! Fuck. I wasn't lying, I really don't know how to restore this 'boundary', but if you mean a metastable wormhole was constructed between my world and yours, it should be theoretically possible if we can collapse the singularity that formed it. But it's not the kind of problem you can throw pointed sticks and fireballs at until it goes away!

"A singularity is not conscious, you understand? It's not a demon larva, it's not an imprisoned genie, it's not an alien, it's not a weapon or a machine. It's not alive, it's not dead, it's not even properly extant. And unless it's stopped, from this side where normal physical law can be violated, it will grow until it consumes the entire earth. I'll need time, material, magical, and informational resources, any objects or persons that've passed through recently, and access to the most brilliant minds you've got in this world. Unless you're mistaken, over six billion lives hang on the border between life and death. Now, please go. And pray to your gods that I'm wrong."
>> No. 3572
File 121548199952.jpg - (46.61KB , 400x400 , 121456294946.jpg ) [iqdb]
3572
Reimu - "You've lost me, Bill."
>> No. 3573
[x] "Hold a minute! Fuck. I wasn't lying, I really don't know how to restore this 'boundary', but if you mean a metastable wormhole was constructed between my world and yours, it should be theoretically possible if we can collapse the singularity that formed it. But it's not the kind of problem you can throw pointed sticks and fireballs at until it goes away!

"A singularity is not conscious, you understand? It's not a demon larva, it's not an imprisoned genie, it's not an alien, it's not a weapon or a machine. It's not alive, it's not dead, it's not even properly extant. And unless it's stopped, from this side where normal physical law can be violated, it will grow until it consumes the entire earth. I'll need time, material, magical, and informational resources, any objects or persons that've passed through recently, and access to the most brilliant minds you've got in this world. Unless you're mistaken, over six billion lives hang on the border between life and death. Now, please go. And pray to your gods that I'm wrong."
>> No. 3574
[x] "Hold a minute! Fuck. I wasn't lying, I really don't know how to restore this 'boundary', but if you mean a metastable wormhole was constructed between my world and yours, it should be theoretically possible if we can collapse the singularity that formed it. But it's not the kind of problem you can throw pointed sticks and fireballs at until it goes away!

"A singularity is not conscious, you understand? It's not a demon larva, it's not an imprisoned genie, it's not an alien, it's not a weapon or a machine. It's not alive, it's not dead, it's not even properly extant. And unless it's stopped, from this side where normal physical law can be violated, it will grow until it consumes the entire earth. I'll need time, material, magical, and informational resources, any objects or persons that've passed through recently, and access to the most brilliant minds you've got in this world. Unless you're mistaken, over six billion lives hang on the border between life and death. Now, please go. And pray to your gods that I'm wrong."

We'll blow her mind with SCIENCE.
>> No. 3576
[x] "Hold a minute! Fuck. I wasn't lying, I really don't know how to restore this 'boundary', but if you mean a metastable wormhole was constructed between my world and yours, it should be theoretically possible if we can collapse the singularity that formed it. But it's not the kind of problem you can throw pointed sticks and fireballs at until it goes away!

"A singularity is not conscious, you understand? It's not a demon larva, it's not an imprisoned genie, it's not an alien, it's not a weapon or a machine. It's not alive, it's not dead, it's not even properly extant. And unless it's stopped, from this side where normal physical law can be violated, it will grow until it consumes the entire earth. I'll need time, material, magical, and informational resources, any objects or persons that've passed through recently, and access to the most brilliant minds you've got in this world. Unless you're mistaken, over six billion lives hang on the border between life and death. Now, please go. And pray to your gods that I'm wrong."

PURE AWESOMENESS
>> No. 3577
[x] "Hold a minute! Fuck. I wasn't lying, I really don't know how to restore this 'boundary', but if you mean a metastable wormhole was constructed between my world and yours, it should be theoretically possible if we can collapse the singularity that formed it. But it's not the kind of problem you can throw pointed sticks and fireballs at until it goes away!

"A singularity is not conscious, you understand? It's not a demon larva, it's not an imprisoned genie, it's not an alien, it's not a weapon or a machine. It's not alive, it's not dead, it's not even properly extant. And unless it's stopped, from this side where normal physical law can be violated, it will grow until it consumes the entire earth. I'll need time, material, magical, and informational resources, any objects or persons that've passed through recently, and access to the most brilliant minds you've got in this world. Unless you're mistaken, over six billion lives hang on the border between life and death. Now, please go. And pray to your gods that I'm wrong."

MiG Reimu, is that you?!
In before we're chased all around Gensokyo and everything is Yukari's fault.
>> No. 3578
>>3574

SCIENCE sign [Cerebral Explosion]
>> No. 3579
File 121548393615.jpg - (64.69KB , 560x800 , 121270440579.jpg ) [iqdb]
3579
>In before we're chased all around Gensokyo and everything is Yukari's fault.

Always happens in most of the meta-series.
FFFFFFFFFFFFucking YUKARI~N

[x] "Hold a minute! Fuck. I wasn't lying, I really don't know how to restore this 'boundary', but if you mean a metastable wormhole was constructed between my world and yours, it should be theoretically possible if we can collapse the singularity that formed it. But it's not the kind of problem you can throw pointed sticks and fireballs at until it goes away!

"A singularity is not conscious, you understand? It's not a demon larva, it's not an imprisoned genie, it's not an alien, it's not a weapon or a machine. It's not alive, it's not dead, it's not even properly extant. And unless it's stopped, from this side where normal physical law can be violated, it will grow until it consumes the entire earth. I'll need time, material, magical, and informational resources, any objects or persons that've passed through recently, and access to the most brilliant minds you've got in this world. Unless you're mistaken, over six billion lives hang on the border between life and death. Now, please go. And pray to your gods that I'm wrong."

Most House like.
>> No. 3580
>>3579
She just needs some loving.
>> No. 3581
File 121548434394.jpg - (118.70KB , 500x500 , 1215390503278.jpg ) [iqdb]
3581
>>3580

I wish that was possible.
>> No. 3582
>>3581
YUKARI ROUTE GO IN /BORDER/
>> No. 3583
This is a bad idea and even I can tell this is a bad idea.
>> No. 3584
>>3583

You're wrong.

Hina herself said Bill was bearing the most powerful curse she's seen in 500 years. He really might have doomed the planet.
>> No. 3585
>>3584
I didn't say the explanation itself was bad. I just said that that this, as a whole, is a bad idea.
>> No. 3586
[x] "Hold a minute! Fuck. I wasn't lying, I really don't know how to restore this 'boundary', but if you mean a metastable wormhole was constructed between my world and yours, it should be theoretically possible if we can collapse the singularity that formed it. But it's not the kind of problem you can throw pointed sticks and fireballs at until it goes away!

"A singularity is not conscious, you understand? It's not a demon larva, it's not an imprisoned genie, it's not an alien, it's not a weapon or a machine. It's not alive, it's not dead, it's not even properly extant. And unless it's stopped, from this side where normal physical law can be violated, it will grow until it consumes the entire earth. I'll need time, material, magical, and informational resources, any objects or persons that've passed through recently, and access to the most brilliant minds you've got in this world. Unless you're mistaken, over six billion lives hang on the border between life and death. Now, please go. And pray to your gods that I'm wrong."
>> No. 3587
I can't stop imagining Dr. Kleiner saying that write-in.

But that's fine, because it's awesome.
>> No. 3588
Writing stuff. This thread's getting kind of up there post wise, so I'm going to start a new one with the next update.