[Return]
Archived Thread

File 121468390340.jpg - (102.66KB , 432x432 , 99f9c5775e577c4c8a444c3fdd8b2739.jpg ) [iqdb]
2748 No. 2748
I've spent the last week or so killing boredom by making up a plot for a LA, and I'd like to put it into action. It'll be largely focused around Nitori (and thus SCIENCE), but there are other routes as well.

So, my question is, does /youkai/ want another LA? If yes, I'll start writing either later today or tomorrow. If no, I'll disappear into the abyss and never bother any of you again.

[ ] Yes
[ ] Maybe
[ ] No

>> No. 2749
[x] SCIENCE
>> No. 2750
[x] SCIENCE
>> No. 2751
[x] SCIENCE
>> No. 2752
[X] SCIENCE
>> No. 2753
[x] DO IT FAGGOT.
>> No. 2754
[x] SCIENCE
FUCK YES NITORI
>> No. 2755
File 121468783428.jpg - (96.60KB , 700x795 , ae8c8e63b7499288ab0f8de000c4dd6e.jpg ) [iqdb]
2755
>It'll be largely focused around Nitori (and thus SCIENCE)
[x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes [x] Yes
>> No. 2756
File 12146880383.jpg - (15.33KB , 300x352 , evolutionary-disgust.jpg ) [iqdb]
2756
Just after we are done with discussing the futility of too many CYOAs ongoing, another one pops up...

But Tetro is slow, so you may as well proceed. After that, we'll see how it turns out.
>> No. 2758
[X] That's not like you Klaymen!i/OHE/sPZ6, sure I'll have it.
>> No. 2759
[x] Maybe

Depends on whether the protagonist is awesome or suck. And whether other character portrayals are awesome, consistent, and not too contrived and far-fetched. And whether story events in general are awesome and novel or sucky and contrived. Etc.
>> No. 2760
>>2756
You mean the discussion that pretty much went FUCK YOU IRC HITLERS LET US HAVE MORE CYOAs?
>> No. 2761
>>2760

No, not that. Duhh, I have nothing against an active CYOA in /youkai/, since there used to be only one... And yeah, it could use more traffic. But, for example, I'd be against another one on /others/ or /th/. It'd be simply too crowded.
>> No. 2762
>>2761
Agreed, in this place, it's fine, tetro updates only once in a bloodmoon so OP have plenty of space for his LA. Besides, a small one thread intro to see if we like it can't hurt any, especially if it's started in this thread since it already exists.
>> No. 2763
You can start writing yours after Tetrominon finishes writing his THE GAME.
>> No. 2765
SCIENCE?

There's always room for SCIENCE.
>> No. 2767
>>2763
WHY YOU DO THIS?
>> No. 2768
Nitori focus?

SCIENCE?

I will accept this on the condition that the main character is named Bill Nye.
>> No. 2769
>>2748
>>It'll be largely focused around Nitori (and thus SCIENCE), but there are other routes as well.

>>2768
>>the main character is named Bill Nye.

FUND IT
>> No. 2771
>>2768

BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL!

Bill A-Nye-ymous?
>> No. 2772
>>2768
You have my axe!
>> No. 2773
[X] The SCIENCE is shooting SCIENCE
>> No. 2774
>>2768
THIS
>> No. 2776
[x] Yes
Nobody else is using /youkai/ anyway
>> No. 2778
>>2768
>the main character is named Bill Nye.

This.
>> No. 2781
File 12147699383.jpg - (65.98KB , 512x343 , 0610026_02-a4-at-144-dpi.jpg ) [iqdb]
2781
>>2756
Yeah, that's why I decided to have a vote and see if anyone actually wanted a new LA.

>>Bill Nye
I like where this is going.

Anyway, first post. Voting will be pretty standard, first to 3 wins. Write-in answers are encouraged.
=========================
“So, this is finally it, huh? You excited?”

You look over to the co-worker that said this. Frank. He was always the number cruncher, and you were always the theory guy. Both of you have been working on this project from the very beginning, even before they started to tear out the LEP. It almost seems unreal. Today is the day when you finally get to see the results of all the hard work everyone put into this beast.

“Yeah,” you admit, taking a bite out of a doughnut another co-worker handed to you earlier. “Seeing this thing finally smash some atoms together should make me at least a little excited, right?”

“I’m just mad that I lost the name draw yesterday,” Frank sighs. “I really wanted to be the one pushing the button.”

You respond in your favorite accent. “Ahaha... my dear friend, zis is a job best left for ze greatest scientist!”

Frank completely ignores your last statement and points at his computer. “... ah, the track sensors are showing peak levels.” He looks at you. “You can push the button now.”

“Right,” you say, standing up in the process. There would be no sense in just pushing the button normally. No, you need to do something people will remember. So you do.

“SCIENCE RULES!”

You swing your arm in a giant arc, hitting the button with much more force than needed. That... people should remember that for a while, at least. The computer gives you a confirmation that seems somehow unsatisfying compared to the motions you just went through. Someone on the far side of the control room pops the cork on a bottle of Champaign. And then...

“Oh... oh! OH! SHIT!”

Frank. What could he be screaming about? Normally he’d be laughing at you after something like that. You look over to see him pointing at the camera that monitors the CMS detector, his eyes wide with fear. There seems to be something wrong with it... a black circle is covering the spot where the detector should be.

Frank bolts for the door. Other people look up, and suddenly everyone is yelling something about a black hole and how they are all going to die. The black circle IS growing, but... that can’t be what it is. It can’t be a black hole. It must be a defect in the camera or something. Hawking radiation should have caused any black holes this accelerator could create to collapse...

...except that hawking radiation is hypothetical.

“Well, shit.” You whisper to no one, finally accepting the gravity of the situation.

Everyone else has run off by now, trying to escape from the impending doom. You can already feel the effects from it; the pull of gravity has definitely shifted from being straight down.

[ ] JESUS CHRIST IT’S A BLACK HOLE!
[ ] You can’t outrun something that’s probably going to consume the planet. Sit down and relax.
[ ] This is too much. You’re starting to feel dizzy.
>> No. 2782
[ ] JESUS CHRIST IT’S A BLACK HOLE!
>> No. 2783
[ ] You can’t outrun something that’s probably going to consume the planet. Sit down and relax.

Chill.
>> No. 2784
[x] JESUS CHRIST IT’S A BLACK HOLE!

In during Unforeseen Consequences.
>> No. 2785
[x] JESUS CHRIST IT’S A BLACK HOLE!

Bill Nye-nymous is a spaz.
>> No. 2786
When do we get our crowbar, by the way?
>> No. 2787
[x] JESUS CHRIST IT’S A BLACK HOLE!

BLACK HOLE OUTTA NOWHERE.
>> No. 2788
Hahaha, oh wow.

[X] You can’t outrun something that’s probably going to consume the planet. Sit down and relax.

Grab a soft drink while you're at it.
>> No. 2789
[X] You can’t outrun something that’s probably going to consume the planet. Sit down and relax.

Like Yukari, I feel a compulsion to enter every hole I come across.
>> No. 2790
They're waiting for you in the test chamber, Gordon.
>> No. 2791
[X] You can’t outrun something that’s probably going to consume the planet. Sit down and relax.

It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine.
>> No. 2792
[x] You can’t outrun something that’s probably going to consume the planet. Sit down and relax.

IT IS TIME TO LIVE UP TO MY FAMILY NAME
>> No. 2793
[ ] Get your computer shut down and wet on the platform.

This is going to be awesome.
>> No. 2794
>>2748

[x] You can’t outrun something that’s probably going to consume the planet. Sit down and relax.

GD were are you! THIS SCENE THIS SCENE calls out for you.
>> No. 2795
[x] JESUS CHRIST IT’S A BLACK HOLE!

Seems panic option has won. Writing.
>> No. 2796
[ ] You can’t outrun something that’s probably going to consume the planet. Sit down and relax.
>> No. 2797
Oh man, this is awesome. Really awesome. This could go up like Hakugyokuro LA and get really good. I hope, though Patchwork is freakin' genius, so that might bit a bit much to expect.
>> No. 2800
File 121477941869.jpg - (27.69KB , 368x294 , BlackHole.jpg ) [iqdb]
2800
You need to get out of here. That thing is death, and it’s coming straight at you. You can’t see it, but you can feel it. Adrenaline lights up your body like a jolt of electricity. You have to escape. If you can make it to your car, you might be able to outrun this thing. You have to try, at least.

The front wall starts to groan, as if under stress. You need to run, now. Escape this nightmare. RunrunrunrunRUNRUN!

The instant you try to run, however, you fall flat on your face. What? It feels like something has tripped you. You look at your legs, and notice that your shoelace is caught in one of the wheels of your chair. This chair... it may have just doomed your escape. You slip off your right shoe and stand up, losing only ten or twenty seconds and half of your footwear. You really liked that shoe, but untangling it would take too long.

Panic fills your brain. You might not make it. You feel much heavier than you did when you woke up today. It’s difficult to run. Your steps seem to have lost a lot of their spring, so you can’t move as fast... that, and the ground is tilted. The gravity distortion makes it seem like you’re running parallel to an incline.

The door. You’ve made it to the door, but... it won’t open. You curse your luck. It’s a sliding door, and it seems that it slides uphill instead of down. What kind of a lunatic would build a door like that? No, that’s not right. It just seems like it slides uphill because of the messed up gravity. Everything is too heavy. There is no way you are going to get this door open. Nothing is going your way today, is it?

You fall over, tumbling down the incline until you come to rest on the wall. Everything is too heavy, even your body. Even your thoughts feel heavy. It almost feels like that ride that you always liked to ride at the state fair as a kid. It was a built like a flying saucer, and spun you fast enough to cause you to stick to the walls.... now, all you need are some elephant ears. Yeah, that would be really good right about now. And some cotton candy.

Your mind begins to dim. You realize that your blood must be having trouble flowing, and find it funny that you are probably going to be the first person to pass out from g-forces while lying on a wall. Haha. That's hilarious.

...

...

“Uhhh...”

You regain consciousness. The first thing you notice is that you seem to be outside. Birds are chirping in the distance, and you can feel the wind messing up what little hair you do have. It sounds like there is a stream nearby.

The second thing you notice is that your leg is in incredible pain. Pain... so much pain. You broke your arm in three places once, and it was only half as bad as this. Propping your upper body up with your hands, you realize why. There seems to be a large piece of concrete sitting on the bottom half of your right leg. The bone was probably shattered.

With no way to move the concrete by yourself, you look around at your surroundings and try to find something to pry it off. There is some rebar, but it’s too far out of your reach. As if in response to your hopeless situation, the pain in your leg numbs a bit. That... probably isn’t good, but at least it doesn’t hurt as much anymore.

Taking in more of the surroundings, you decide that this place looks like something out of a war movie. Chunks of building lie scattered around, joined with random parts of the accelerator. You notice a piece of the CERN logo about 50 feet to your right. A mountain looms in the distance, so you know you are no longer in the same place you fell unconscious. You also notice what seems to be a girl in a blue outfit and a green cap. Her hair also appears to be blue, which is a bit strange. She’s only about 20 feet away, and staring intently at a mangled chunk of what was once the CMS detector.

[ ] “Hey, uh... I could use some help. My leg seems to be trapped under several hundred pounds of concrete.”
[ ] Scream. Scream like a little girl.
[ ] How could she miss you? Throw something small at her.
>> No. 2801
[X] “Hey, uh... I could use some help. My leg seems to be trapped under several hundred pounds of concrete.”

Calm after the storm.
>> No. 2802
[] “Hey, uh... I could use some help. My leg seems to be trapped under several hundred pounds of concrete.”
>> No. 2803
[x] “Hey, uh... I could use some help. My leg seems to be trapped under several hundred pounds of concrete.”
>> No. 2804
[X] Scream. Scream like a little girl.
Is what Anonymous would do in this situation.
>> No. 2805
[ ] "This is a triumph!"
>> No. 2806
[ ] “Hey, uh... I could use some help. My leg seems to be trapped under several hundred pounds of concrete.”
>> No. 2807
>>2804
Maybe. But we have experienced SCIENCE, and as such feel no pain.
>> No. 2808
[x] “Hey, uh... I could use some help. My leg seems to be trapped under several hundred pounds of concrete.”

I'm not dead you know. Yet.
>> No. 2809
File 121478672041.jpg - (65.54KB , 354x354 , d99f3156e9017d199d4f714e47c1841e.jpg ) [iqdb]
2809
[x] “Hey, uh... I could use some help. My leg seems to be trapped under several hundred pounds of concrete.”

Yeah, asking for help would be the only reasonable thing to do. You’re not quite sure how you got here, but it certainly feels like it’s not near any towns or anything. The air is crisp and clean, and the only sounds are the wildlife. No cars, no people, no---

The pain decides to flare up, as if to remind you that it’s still there. You wince.

“H-hey, you, over there...” you call out. Your voice sounds weak. The girl notices you and turns around quite suddenly. She stares at you for a few seconds, eyes wide, as if in shock. Breaking off eye contact, she darts for cover behind the nearest piece of concrete. You’ve obviously startled her, though it sounds like she stopped running once she made it behind the piece of your former office.

Before she runs away completely, you figure that you should finish your plea. “My leg... seems to be trapped under several hundred pounds of concrete. Do you think you could call an ambulance or something?”

Silence. What, was she that startled by someone talking to her? Then again, you probably look like hell, so it’s understandable.

“Look, I really need help. My---AH!” Pain. This time a sharp, stabbing pain. “My leg is in pretty bad shape.”

Silence. This is starting to get irritating. Your leg begins to throb.

“I’ll probably die, you know. I’m not a medical doctor, but I’m pretty sure an injury this bad is fatal without treatment.”

Silence.

No, wait... a faint rustling of grass. The girl pokes her head out from behind the slab of concrete.

“I don’t know what you’re afraid of... wait.” A terrible idea forms in your head. “Maybe you can’t speak English?”

You certainly aren’t in the same place your lab was. You should have been stuck in that black hole for all eternity, but somehow you were ejected from it along with a good chunk of your lab. You could be anywhere. Hell, after falling into a black hole, it could even be a place that doesn’t exist in the normal, everyday universe. “Is that it? You can't speak English, can you?”

She gives a small nod and begins walking toward you. Not once does she make eye contact, staring at the ground the entire time. As if remembering something, she looks skyward for a few moments. She takes off her backpack and starts fishing around for something. What, you don’t know, but after about a minute she finds it.

With a small, uneasy smile, she hands it to you. It looks almost a blue earbud, the kind of thing one would use to listen to an MP3 player. There is only one, and it appears to be lacking the plastic tail that the cord comes out of. Of course, it’s also lacking a cord. It has three notches cut into the back, though you have no clue why. Looking at them closely, they almost look like very tiny, elongated elevator doors. Holding it, you notice that it’s surprisingly cold and soft to the touch.

You can’t for the life of you come up with any idea of what this could possibly be. The girl seems to be motioning for you to put it into your ear.

[ ] Stick it in. Sure, your leg is crushed, but falling into a black hole and somehow surviving makes you feel pretty lucky.
[ ] You’ve already managed to lose your shoe, your leg, and almost your life. Today is unlucky. Forget it.
[ ] Motion to your busted leg. Maybe she understands the concept pain better than she understands English.
>> No. 2810
[ ] Stick it in. Sure, your leg is crushed, but falling into a black hole and somehow surviving makes you feel pretty lucky.

Ah what the heck. It's such a nice day we might as well grab the coke and stay here for a while, starring at the cloudds and stuff
>> No. 2811
Stick it in. This deserves music.
>> No. 2812
>>2810
I bet Nitori made a Babelfish with SCIENCE.
>> No. 2813
[x] Stick it in. Sure, your leg is crushed, but falling into a black hole and somehow surviving makes you feel pretty lucky.

Translation bud?
>> No. 2814
[X] Stick it in. Sure, your leg is crushed, but falling into a black hole and somehow surviving makes you feel pretty lucky.

I almost stopped reading at the phrase "stick it in."

That's really all the elaboration I needed.
>> No. 2815
[] Stick it in. Sure, your leg is crushed, but falling into a black hole and somehow surviving makes you feel pretty lucky.

Forgot to vote.
>> No. 2816
[X] Stick it in. Sure, your leg is crushed, but falling into a black hole and somehow surviving makes you feel pretty lucky.

Sounds like a babelfish type device.
>> No. 2817
[X] Stick it in. Sure, your leg is crushed, but falling into a black hole and somehow surviving makes you feel pretty lucky.
>> No. 2818
File 121479124912.jpg - (136.56KB , 576x250 , 131700-1.jpg ) [iqdb]
2818
>“Ahaha... my dear friend, zis is a job best left for ze greatest scientist!”

Bill Nye be damned, the moment I read this I couldn't stop imagining Letz Shake as the protagonist.

[x] "I am losing ze bowel control!"
>> No. 2819
Is this the first VN without anon speaking Japanese or LOLtranslation border effect? I can see a subplot where Hina's misfortune breaks our babelfish, but love for for Nitori and SCIENCE with transcend the language barrier!

[x] Stick it in.
>> No. 2820
[x] Stick it in. Sure, your leg is crushed, but falling into a black hole and somehow surviving makes you feel pretty lucky.

EVEN MY OWN HALLUCINATIONS DON'T UNDERSTAND ME
>> No. 2821
[x] Put the bud to your ear and J-J-JAM IT IN!
>> No. 2822
File 121479643823.jpg - (128.55KB , 709x709 , de75a9b1e0b77a3da7de5dd262dfa814.jpg ) [iqdb]
2822
Maybe the pain in your leg has dulled your senses. Maybe you just can’t say no to that cute face. Either way, you make up your mind to take a chance and do as this girl says. You take the device and place it in your ear.

...and nothing happens. Absolutely nothing. You look over towards her.

“I don’t really get it.” You think aloud. “What exactly was this suppose to--- EEEYYAAA!”

Suddenly, the tiny object starts producing a loud buzzing noise. You feel three metallic fingers grab hold of your ear canal and force it open. Reaching up, you try to grab the damn thing, but it’s already started to move, squeezing itself into your ear. You can feel it inching its way into your skull, bit by bit. The sensation is almost enough to make you vomit. It feels like a cross between a slug and a tracked vehicle in its means of locomotion. Mechanical, yet organic. Definitely not something you want crawling towards your brain. The pain in your leg flares up in response to your distress, adding to the unpleasantness. Without any real options, you decide to just grit your teeth and bear it. Assuming it doesn’t kill you, it should stop eventually.

It continues its journey for a little over a minute. If you didn’t look like crap before, you sure do now. The combination of that... thing, and your leg, has left you sweating profusely. You feel some resistance on your eardrum. It only lasts for a second, and then you go deaf in that ear. You fear the worst. Time passes, and you feel slightly dizzy. The thing has worked its way into your inner ear. More time passes. Your hearing returns, but you’re still slightly dizzy. Even more time passes. You feel a warm sensation that seems to spread throughout your skull... and after that, you don’t feel anything. Well, except for your leg screaming in pain. Whatever that thing was doing, it’s done now.

You look over towards the girl that gave you that thing. She seems to be kicking at the ground again.

“What was that? Paul would kill to get his hands on one of those...” You think aloud again. It didn’t do anything except confirm that you are, in fact, not on earth you knew any longer. That was not something one of your colleagues cooked up.

The girl speaks up. “It’s a device I built to replace the native language in one’s brain with Japanese. Pretty cool, huh?”

Whoa. She’s totally different than before. You're a bit taken back.

“Sure, but what exactly---“

Another wave of pain. You yell out this time. It seems to be getting worse, and your body seems to be getting colder.

“Blood loss,” you mutter. This isn’t good. “Hey, about getting me some help...”

The girl looks at the concrete. “I’ll help you. It’s the least I can do for my guinea pig.” Surprisingly, she managed to use the term 'guinea pig' affectionately. Does that mean she was testing that device on you?

The concrete block on your leg is about the size of a recliner, too much for a person to move unassisted. You decide to point out the makeshift lever you found earlier.

“Ah, good. There’s some rebar over there, and if you need a pivot there is---“

“Hyaaaa!”

Letting out a battle cry, she rolls that hated oppressor of appendages off of your leg with surprising speed. It wasn’t quite inhuman, but definitely not something an average person could do. Definitely not someone of her build. You want to ask her how she did it, but your leg catches your attention almost immediately. It’s a lot worse than you thought. It looks like, well, a crushed leg. Your pant leg looks disturbingly empty, and there is blood everywhere. Your foot doesn’t even seem to be attached by anything except skin.

“Oh... I didn’t realize it was this bad. Sorry.”

Didn’t you say it was this bad? You sigh.

“Anyway,” the girl continues, “My name’s Nitori Kawashiro. I’ll take you back to my place and get you back up and running in a day....but!” She says, looking straight at you, “I’ll need payment. What’ve you got?”

Naming time, guys:
[ ] “Thanks, I guess. My name's (name).”

And one of these:
[ ] “I have this really, really cool pen...”
[ ] “Well, I could tell you what that thing you were looking at earlier is... or rather, was. It’s pretty worthless now.”
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 2823
[ ] “Thanks, I guess. My name's Bill Nye.”
[ ] “Well, I could tell you what that thing you were looking at earlier is... or rather, was. It’s pretty worthless now.”
>> No. 2824
[x] “Thanks, I guess. My name's Letz Shake.”

Probably not going to win, but whatever.

[x] “Well, I could tell you what that thing you were looking at earlier is... or rather, was. It’s pretty worthless now.”
>> No. 2825
[X] “Thanks, I guess. My name's Bill Nye.”
[X] “Well, I could tell you what that thing you were looking at earlier is... or rather, was. It’s pretty worthless now.”
[X] "We can hammer out the details later if that's not enough."

Give her a small excuse to be keeping us around later...
>> No. 2826
[ ] “Thanks, I guess. My name's Bill Nye, the Science Guy.”
[ ] “Well, I could tell you what that thing you were looking at earlier is... or rather, was. It’s pretty worthless now.”
[ ] WHAT I'MMA DO BOUT MY LEG, EDDIE!? THEY SHOULD'VE NEVER GAVE YOU NIGGAS MONEY!
>> No. 2827
[X] “Thanks, I guess. My name's Bill Nye.”
[X] “Well, I could tell you what that thing you were looking at earlier is... or rather, was. It’s pretty worthless now.”
>> No. 2828
You know, if we're going with Bill Nye as our name, everything we carry or invent in the course of this story is going to have be declared to be "of science".

That pen we could have offered her? "The pen OF SCIENCE."

The LHC? "The large hadron collider OF SCIENCE."

Some random sandwich that we make? "The sandwich OF SCIENCE."
>> No. 2829
[ ] “Thanks, I guess. My name's Beakman.”
[ ] “Well, I could tell you what that thing you were looking at earlier is... or rather, was. It’s pretty worthless now.”

LOL
>> No. 2830
>>2826

Oh you!

But srsly, [ x ] “Thanks, I guess. My name's Bill Nye, the Science Guy.”
[ x ] “Well, I could tell you what that thing you were looking at earlier is... or rather, was. It’s pretty worthless now.”
[ x ] WHAT I'MMA DO BOUT MY LEG, PAUL!? THEY SHOULD'VE NEVER GAVE YOU NIGGAS MONEY!
>> No. 2831
[X] “Thanks, I guess. My name's Bill Nye.”
[X] “Well, I could tell you what that thing you were looking at earlier is... or rather, was. It’s pretty worthless now.”
[X] "We can hammer out the details later if that's not enough."

Perhaps you can salvage some things from the wreckage?
>> No. 2832
[X] “Thanks, I guess. My name's Bill Nye.”
[X] “Well, I could tell you what that thing you were looking at earlier is... or rather, was. It’s pretty worthless now.”
[X] "We can hammer out the details later if that's not enough."
>> No. 2834
[X] “Thanks, I guess. My name's Lester. Lester Chaykin.”
[X] “Well, I could tell you what that thing you were looking at earlier is... or rather, was. It’s pretty worthless now.”
[X] "We can hammer out the details later if that's not enough."

About time somebody started writing something on this board.
>> No. 2835
>>2834

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 2836
[X] “Thanks, I guess. My name's Bill Nye.”
[X] “Well, I could tell you what that thing you were looking at earlier is... or rather, was. It’s pretty worthless now.”
[X] "We can hammer out the details later if that's not enough."

What's that?
What is that?
OOH THAT THING HAS NUMBERS ON IT!
>> No. 2837
>>2834

GET BACK TO WORK NIG

>>posting from work

Oh, wait...
>> No. 2838
File 121480572815.jpg - (102.46KB , 329x840 , DUNUC4364.jpg ) [iqdb]
2838
“Thanks, I guess. My name’s Bill Nye. I’m a scientist” You’re in no condition to talk, but you try to anyway. You always were the polite one. “Well... I could tell you what that thing you were staring at so intently before I woke up is... or rather, was. It’s pretty worthless now.”

“Oh? That sounds kind of interesting, but I think I’ve already figured it out. What else can you offer me?”

As you are thinking, pain surges through your leg. You need medical attention quickly, or you definitely won’t last much longer. Your body is very adamant about that point this time. “Can we hammer out the details later? I’m in no condition to think about it right now.”

After that, you start to shiver. You’re really cold now. Why is it so cold? It’s still early fall, isn’t it?

“Hmm...” she thinks this over. “That’s true. We can talk on the way.”

Nitori heads behind you and reaches her arms under yours, embracing you in something resembling a backwards hug. You get a little worried. She’s going to move you? That doesn’t seem like a good idea right now.

“And, we’re off!”

Suddenly, pain. Even more pain than before. The pain is almost blinding now. You knew moving wasn’t a good idea. You seem to be flying through the air, but is it an illusion? You’re not sure. Looking down, everything seems so small. Is this a dream? It could pass for one easily, if it wasn’t for the pain. You close your eyes.

“...hey, are you ok...?”

Sure, you’re just fine. You feel like you’re floating around on a lake with your eyes closed. It feels great. You wish you could always feel like this. You want to tell the voice this, but you’ve managed to float away from your body, it seems.

“...ah, all done...”

Your drifting comes to a stop as a silver cord wraps around your legs. It’s kind of comforting, like a life jacket.

“...should help you sleep. Here...”

Something cold just went down your throat... you think. That was your throat, right? You’re not entirely sure. Floating is much easier than thinking, so you continue...

...

...

You open your eyes and are greeted with confusion. This isn’t your bedroom. This bed is too soft, and that cool atom shaped atomic clock you got as a gift isn’t on the desk. That, and the window is on the wrong side of the room. So where...?

It all comes back to you in a flash. The accident at the lab. That strange girl.

Your leg.

The pain returns, but it’s substantially less painful now. Bearable, even. That girl... did she manage to save your leg? Certainly, it feels like she managed to save the leg, but amputees often claim to be able to feel their limbs.

The easiest way to tell, of course, is to look, so you pull back the sheets on your bed. It seems you’ve gained a metallic-looking peg-leg. So much for that, then. You’re a cripple. But, thinking back, that’s not really so bad for what happened yesterday. You should be hanging on the edge of a singularity at the moment, not resting on a bed.

Some really, really weird stuff happened, most of it blowing modern physics out of the water. You wonder if the world even exists anymore. It’s clear that you’re either trapped in a very elaborate dream, or have ended up in an alternate reality. Either way, you have no way of finding out how the real world is doing.

Oddly enough, there seems to be a post-it stuck on your leg. You read it.

‘Come downstairs when you wake up, OK?’

Looking around the room, you notice a cane resting near your bed, and your clothes on a chair nearby. Your watch is sitting on the nightstand close to the bed, and looking at it tells you that it’s been almost 18 hours since you passed out. You get up and manage to get dressed with only a little difficulty.

You hobble out into the hallway. Oddly enough, unlike the room you were just in, it seems to consist of solid rock. You make your way to the stairs. With great difficulty you manage to travel down them, step by step.

When you reach the bottom, you find yourself in what looks to be a large storehouse, or perhaps a workshop. The whole thing appears to be hollowed out of the inside of a mountain. Random things like the walls, most of which you can’t place. There are a few, however, that seem to resemble things you’ve seen before. Nitori is standing at a bench in the middle of this mess, a welding torch in her hand. She’s seems to be working hard on something.

[ ] Go over and greet her.
[ ] Watch for a bit.
>> No. 2839
[ ] Go over and greet her.
>> No. 2840
[ ] Watch for a bit.
[ ] Go over and greet her.

Enjoy your first loophole, Klay!
>> No. 2841
[ ] Watch for a bit.
>> No. 2842
[X] Watch for a bit.

So Bill Nye gets a metal peg leg? A pillar upon which SCIENCE can be built!
>> No. 2843
>>2840
Curses! Foiled again!

Anyway, I'm going to sleep. Updates tomorrow and all that jazz.
>> No. 2844
[X] Watch for a bit.
>> No. 2845
[ ] Watch for a bit
>> No. 2846
[ ] Watch for a bit.
[ ] Go over and greet her.

>>2781
>a black circle is covering the spot where the detector should be.
DAMMIT RUMIA

>>2809
>[ ] Stick it in.
Hurrrr.
>> No. 2847
We must make Nitori's star shine brilliantly with our large hardon collider.
>> No. 2848
[ ] Watch for a bit.

If anyone asks we lost our leg to a bullsquid.
>> No. 2849
[x] Watch for a bit.
[x] Go over and greet her.

Is she following the appropriate lab safety protocol?
>> No. 2850
Bill Nye, Scientist with a HOUSE Ph.D
>> No. 2851
[x] Watch for a bit.
[x] Go over and greet her.
>> No. 2852
[x] Watch for a bit.
[x] Go over and greet her.

Yeah, just watching her for a little while would be best. She looks like she’s working pretty intently on something, and you’d hate to get in her way. She moves back and forth to other parts of the bench, switching between a soldering iron and a welding torch. Whatever it is she’s building, it’s probably electronic in some way.

You can only catch glimpses of her project from this angle. From what you can see, it looks like what would happen if the Borg kidnapped a child’s walking stick. You can definitely see what looks like wood in some places, but a large portion of it is covered with a chaotic metal pattern. One end is wider than the other, and the narrow end has a metal ball stuck on it.

After watching her for ten minutes or so, Nitori finally turns around to grab something from the bench behind her. She almost doesn’t notice you. It’s not surprising, since she has a welding mask covering her face. You decide to call out to her and walk over. She shuts off her torch.

“Ah, good morning, Mr. Nye!” Nitori said, lifting off her mask. “How’s your leg?”

“Please, just call me Bill. And apart from it being missing, it’s feeling pretty good. Thanks, Nitori. You saved my life.”

“Ahaha... it was nothing. Really.” She blushes slightly, and then frowns. “But...you actually like that replacement leg I gave you? It’s pretty boring, you know. This’ll be much better once I get it finished...”

She motions to the thing on the table, smiling again. It looks like she’s implying that it’s going to be a replacement for your current leg. You frown slightly. It looks a lot more like a weapon than a leg.

[ ] “What’s better about it, exactly? This leg works just fine... and, to be honest, that thing is a little frightening.”
[ ] “Perhaps you could tell me about it over lunch or something? I don’t mean to be rude, but the last ‘meal’ I had was a doughnut... and that was over a day ago.”
[ ] “... so, is this the delta quadrant, then?”
>> No. 2853
[x] “That better have chromed rims, Lazor cannons, a folding knife, clock and a flashlight. Throw in a few smalltime hardon colliders for the maxed out pimping"
>> No. 2854
[X] “What’s better about it, exactly? Will it directly link my nervous system to a prosthetic limb allowing complete, and possibly enhanced, control? Because if so, that's awesome.”
>> No. 2855
[X] “What’s better about it, exactly? Will it directly link my nervous system to a prosthetic limb allowing complete, and possibly enhanced, control? Because if so, that's awesome.”
sounds good

Bill took his loss much too easy. He should've been crying.
>> No. 2856
[X] “What’s better about it, exactly? Will it directly link my nervous system to a prosthetic limb allowing complete, and possibly enhanced, control? Because if so, that's awesome.”
>> No. 2857
[X] “What’s better about it, exactly? Will it directly link my nervous system to a prosthetic limb allowing complete, and possibly enhanced, control, chromed rims, Lazor cannons, a folding knife, clock, a flashlight, and a few smalltime hardon colliders for the maxed out pimping?"

GATTAI FOR AWESOME!
>> No. 2858
>>2855
Probably. I'm not too happy with the way I wrote that scene, so I'm going to try and avoid writing while tired in the future.

Anyway, we have a winner. Writing.
>> No. 2859
“So... what’s better about it, exactly?” you decide to ask. This world seems to have some fairly advanced technology, so you decide to try a shot in the dark. “Will it directly link my nervous system to a prosthetic limb allowing complete, and possibly enhanced, control?”

Your thoughts flash back to the Six Million Dollar Man for a moment.
Gentlemen, we can rebuild him.
We have the technology.
We have the capability to build the world’s first bionic man.
Bill Nye will be that man.
Better than he was before.
Better. Stronger. Faster.

You can’t help but crack a smile.

“Because if so, that's awesome.”

Nitori gives you a look that’s something between bewilderment and amazement. “H-how did you know...?”

“My dear,” you say, keeping a perfectly straight face, “didn’t I tell you before? I’m a scientist.”

Silence. Nitori just stares at you, the same look on her face... though, her eyes have gotten a bit wider. To be honest, it’s kind of cute.

Suddenly, she cracks up.

“Ahahaha!”

You can’t maintain your straight face any longer, either, so you join in. You both stand there looking at each other, laughing. You’re not sure what Nitori finds so funny, but this entire situation is just so absurd that you can’t help but laugh. A person with blue hair is making you a bionic leg, and you can still act like it’s no big deal? Just thinking about it makes you laugh even harder.

After a minute or two, you both calm down.

“A-“ Nitori stifles another laughing fit “Anyway, we should head back into the house. It’s almost time for my friend to show up.”

“Friend?” you ask automatically.

“Yeah...” Nitori looks down, blushing slightly. “I’m embarrassed to say it, but I’m a pretty terrible cook. We usually eat our meals together.”

She can build a leg, but not a proper sandwich?

“So,” She looks up, “Let’s go meet her, OK?”

You are pretty hungry, so you agree. Both of you start making your way across the workshop, though you’re moving a bit slowly. You’re kind of getting the hang of this leg, but it’s still pretty difficult to move around. She seems to realize this, and changes her pace to allow you to keep up.

[ ] Talk about something on the way (specify).
[ ] Remain silent.
>> No. 2860
[X] Talk about something on the way (specify)
[X] Ask about her friend.
>> No. 2861
This story is awesome.

We're a combination of Bill Nye, Gordon Freeman and the Six Million Dollar Man.


[ ] "Do you happen to have a crowbar around here?"
>> No. 2862
hahah, oh wow, we are Gordon freeman, House, Bill Nye and the six million dollar man in one person.
>> No. 2863
>>2862
Oh shit, you're right. I didn't notice the fucking cane at first.
>> No. 2864
>>2863
I like how you are thinking.
>> No. 2865
[ ] Talk about something on the way

"So, where is this place? Any yellow brick roads, emerald cities, or flying houses?"
>> No. 2866
...so the kappa have vast technological superiority? So much for Nye's knowledge being a bargaining chip then.

Since nothing else came to mind:
[x] Ask about her friend.
>> No. 2867
[x] "SCIENCE?!"
>> No. 2877
[X] Talk about something on the way (her friend)
>> No. 2879
>>2859

Work It
Make It
Do It
Makes Us
Harder
Better
Faster
Stronger
More Than
Hour
Our
Never
Ever
After
Work is
Over

Work It Harder Make It Better
Do It Faster, Makes Us stronger
More Than Ever Hour After
Our Work Is Never Over
>> No. 2880
[x] Ask about her friend.
[x] "So, where is this place? Any yellow brick roads, emerald cities, or flying houses?"

“So, this friend of yours. What’s she like?”

“Oh, Hina? Hmmm...” Nitori seems to be thinking. “She’s pretty interesting. Her job is kind of depressing, but she’s a really nice person to talk to. She cares about everyone, deep down. You know what I’m talking about?”

You nod. You knew a few people like that back in the lab.

“Some people say she’s unlucky to be around, but I don’t really think it’s true. She wouldn’t be very good at her job if she was.”

That last statement was... kind of confusing. What, does she run a casino or something? You figure you’ll find out soon enough.

“Another question. So, where is this place? Judging by that thing you put into my ear, it’s not earth.” You shudder a bit, remembering the feeling that thing gave you. “Any yellow brick roads, emerald cities, or flying houses I should know about?"

She considers your question seriously. “Well, I don’t know about yellow brick roads or emerald cities, but there are people that live in the clouds. I don’t know if they live in houses, though, so that might not count.”

People living in the clouds? That... goes against everything you know. It shouldn’t be possible.

“But, to answer your first question, this is still earth. You’re just in Gensokyo.”

You’re face remains blank. You’ve never heard of Gensokyo.

She looks at your face closely, as if studying it. “Ah, you’re probably from outside, then, if you’ve never heard of Gensokyo.”

“Outside?” You ask, confused. “Outside what?”

She thinks for a bit. “... it’s complicated.” She sighs. “It’s going to take a while to get up these stairs, but not long enough that I’d have time to tell you about the whole thing,” It’s obvious she’s teasing you now... though it is true that you’ve only made it about halfway up.

“And besides, we still have your payment to discuss.” She’s trying to sound serious, but it’s mostly faked. You get the feeling that having the opportunity to give you the leg is payment enough. “I’ve decided to take what you offered earlier as a down payment.”

You think back. You offered a technical explination of a particle detector.

Curious, you ask. “I thought you already knew what it was?”

“I said I think I know what it was, didn’t I? It doesn’t hurt to be sure.” She seems a little frustrated by your question.

“Well...” you think for a bit.

[ ] Lie. With the state it’s in, there’s no way she could prove any of it.
[ ] Tell it like it is. Use lots of big words. Prove that you are, indeed, a scientist.
[ ] “... it’s complicated. It’s going to take a while to get up these stairs, but not long enough that I’d have time to tell you about the whole thing.”
>> No. 2882
[ ] Tell it like it is. Use lots of big words. Prove that you are, indeed, a scientist.
>> No. 2883
[X] Tell it like it is. Use lots of big words. Prove that you are, indeed, a scientist.
>> No. 2884
[ ] Tell it like it is. Use lots of big words. Prove that you are, indeed, a scientist.

SCIENCE
>> No. 2885
[!] “... it’s complicated. It’s going to take a while to get up these stairs, but not long enough that I’d have time to tell you about the whole thing.”

BUUUUUUUUUUURRRN
>> No. 2887
[ ] Tell it like it is. Use lots of big words. Prove that you are, indeed, a scientist.
>> No. 2888
[X] Tell it like it is. Use lots of big words. Prove that you are, indeed, a scientist.

If we use the technical language, it shouldn't take too long to explain what the LHC is (was), what it was designed to do, and what went wrong. If she's boggled, we're useful to further her pursuits. If she understands, we're the only person in Gensokyo that can keep up with her. Win/win as far as I can tell.
>> No. 2889
[ ] Tell it like it is. Use lots of big words. Prove that you are, indeed, a scientist.

And end it with “SCIENCE RULES!”
>> No. 2900
[x] Tell it like it is. Use lots of big words. Prove that you are, indeed, a scientist.

Time to see how the translation machine handles technical language.
>> No. 2905
[ ] “... it’s complicated. It’s going to take a while to get up these stairs, but not long enough that I’d have time to tell you about the whole thing.”

Damn, it was put there for a reason, but [x] Tell Nitori the truth won. Enjoy never seeing Yuka again...
>> No. 2906
>>2905

Yuka? What the fuck are you talking about?
>> No. 2907
[+] Tell it like it is. Use lots of big words. Prove that you are, indeed, a scientist.
Stress-test that translator!
>> No. 2909
So, does this LA has a name, or can I call it the SCIENCE LA?
>> No. 2911
>>2906
A reference to Kira's Gensokyo days, where when they chose to "[] Tell Marisa the truth" she got angry and ran out. I haven't read the story, but she either killed Yuka, or it was suspected that she might. That's about all I know.
>> No. 2913
“Well, it’s really just a state-of-the-art particle detector,” you begin, “Basically, when you send protons flying into each other at near-lightspeed, they explode into the even smaller, subatomic particles that make up the proton. That device was basically a bunch of sensors wrapped around one another, each one designed to tell us something different about the after-effects of the collision. For instance, by comparing the theoretical energy yield of the collision to the actual yield, we can infer normally undetectable particles, and by measuring the magnetic fields produced---“

“Wait, wait.” Nitori interjects. “You guys actually built something like that in the outside world?” She laughs “Oh man, I am so jealous. I’ve always wondered what happened when you smashed two atoms together. You’re telling me that they get even smaller?”

You certainly weren’t expecting that. Maybe only some of the technology here is more advanced. Particle accelerators have been around since before you were born, so it’s not really that big of a deal to you.

“Yeah. We built the one you saw to try and see a subatomic particle that theoretically should exist called the Higgs boson, but, uh...” You stop. But you created a black hole instead, and consumed at least a good portion of your lab. Possibly the world. That’s... slightly embarrassing, so you decide to leave it out for now.

“Well, we managed to disprove hawking radiation, at least.” You laugh, a little uneasily.

“Aww, you can’t end your story like that! What happened? Things that big don’t just slip through the border normally, you know!”

You’re feeling pretty proud with yourself for managing to impress Nitori with just that. Normal people would either have known all that already or not cared. “Ah, but I only agreed to tell you what that thing was, didn’t I? I can provide further payments at a later time. So,” you ask, a bit teasingly, “Were you right?”

Nitori blushes a little bit, looking slightly embarrassed. “Ah... no. I thought it was part a pressure chamber of some kind.”

Must. Resist. Feeling. Superior.

“Well, that’s understandable.” You offer your condolences. “It looked pretty beat up from where I was standing. I doubt most of the really high tech stuff remained intact, so it would be pretty hard to determine its original purpose.”

You both reach the top of the stairs and continue down the hallway in relative silence. Taking a door at the far end, you end up in a room that resembles a modern living room, minus the TV. There are two sofas surrounding a table, and bookshelves covering quite a bit of the walls.

“Sorry I’m late, Hina. We left on time, but this guy is a little slow.”

“...it’s not like I have a choice.” You mutter.

Sitting on one of the sofas is this Hina person Nitori was talking about earlier. Somehow, you weren’t expecting her to look like this. She’s wearing a dark red dress of sorts, with all sorts of frills around the seams. Two similarly colored ribbons are tied in her green hair. One rests on the top of her head, like one would expect out of an old-fashioned doll, and the other ties some of her hair under her chin.

Though a bit strange, she looks pleasant enough. However, when your gaze meets hers, her eyes seem to show something. Worry? Distress? You’re not entirely sure because it goes away the instant you notice it. She gives you a smile.

“I imagine you two must be hungry?” Hina stands up and bows slightly towards you, pretending as if nothing just happened. “My name is Hina Kagiyama. You are... Bill Nye, right?”

You nod. “Pleased to meet you, Hina.”

“Well. Now that that’s out of the way, I’ll go make some lunch.” She begins to head for the door leading out of the living room like place.

“Thanks, Hina! You’re the greatest,” Nitori says sincerely. She takes a spot on one of the sofas.

[ ] Offer to help Hina prepare lunch.
[ ] Relax on one of the sofas.
>> No. 2915
>>2909
Uh... I haven't come up with a name yet, though I'm going to try and have one by the next thread.
>> No. 2916
[x] Offer to help Hina prepare lunch.

>But you created a black hole instead, and consumed at least a good portion of your lab. Possibly the world. That’s... slightly embarrassing
The gift of understatement. Nye-nonymous has it.
>> No. 2918
>>2915

Just call it SCIENCE or something...
>> No. 2919
[ ] Offer to help Hina prepare lunch.
>> No. 2920
[x] Offer to help Hina prepare lunch.

Show these primitive natives our SUPERIOR OUTSIDER CUISINE.
>> No. 2921
File 121487759514.png - (227.51KB , 473x688 , 1214158481560.png ) [iqdb]
2921
>>2748

HINA!/

[x] Offer to help Hina prepare lunch.

We must sex her up...FOR SCIENCE.
>> No. 2922
File 121487765617.jpg - (171.05KB , 700x564 , 1213908163359.jpg ) [iqdb]
2922
>>2921
[x] Offer to help Hina prepare lunch
>> No. 2925
[ ] Offer to help Hina prepare lunch.
>> No. 2927
>>2909
I have it saved as "SCIENCE! - 01.htm", myself.
>> No. 2928
[x] Offer to help Hina prepare lunch.
>> No. 2937
[ ] Relax on one of the sofas.

A.D.D kicks in quick around Summertime, huh? We're focusing on NITORI!! Get your asses on the couch and wow her with talks of the H-Bomb!
>> No. 2938
Yes, it would be rude to sit down and let one person cook, right? You’re not the greatest chef in the world, but living alone all these years has taught at least some of the basics.

You speak up before Hina leaves the room. “Hey, uh, Hina? Would you mind if I helped you with lunch? I’m not that bad of a cook, and it’s sort of my fault that you’ll be cooking for three today.”

She turns around and looks at you, looking a little relived. “Sure, I could use a little extra help.”

You hobble after her, following her out into the rock hallway. She leads you to another door just across the hall.

The kitchen is fairly standard. It’s lacking a microwave, but everything else you have in your kitchen seems to exist here. You head over to the refrigerator and open it, looking for some ingredients. Instead, you are greeted with cucumbers. Hundreds upon hundreds of cucumbers.

“Whoa.”

You shut the refrigerator quickly. “Hey, Hina? Does this place have anything besides cucumbers?”

She laughs, calling back from a walk-in pantry. “Not really. There’s rice, but that’s about it.”

You don’t know any rice dishes, and unless it’s minute rice, you doubt you could even cook it properly. “Oh. I guess I won’t be much help, then.”

“Nonsense.” She walks over to you and hands you a knife. “You can still peel cucumbers, right?”

After giving you the knife, she heads over to the counter and pulls a covered bowl out of a sack that was sitting there. Uncovering it, a smell wafts into your nose. It smells almost like curry. Curious. She must have either brought it with her, or was lying about the cucumbers earlier. She puts it on the stove and turns it on. You should definitely introduce these two to a microwave.

You get to peeling cucumbers. There is an awkward science between you two. You’ve only just met, so you’re not sure what to say... that, and you never were very good at small talk. Every once in a while, Hina will glance over and look at you, but she doesn’t say anything. Finally, you manage to catch her in the act. She’s wearing that same look she had on when you first met, and, like before, when she realizes you’re looking she puts on a smile.

“Hey,” you ask as casually as possible, “do I have something on my face? I haven’t seen a mirror all day, so...”

For a while, Hina doesn’t say anything.

“Well...” she begins, her voice quiet, “I don’t really know how to say this, but...”

“But?”

“...u-uh, you’re cursed. Really cursed. It’s my job to collect curses, and I haven’t seen anyone this bad in at least five hundred years.” That look returns. She’s definitely worried. “Just what did you do? Were you a bad human in the outside world?”

Nitori said earlier that you were from the outside, so she must be referring to the place you were at before you ended up here.

[ ] “Not really. Just the unfortunate victim of a guy in a wheelchair.”
[ ] “Would destroying it count?”
[ ] “You collect curses? Five hundred years? I’m totally lost right now, sorry.”
[ ] Awesome write-in.
>> No. 2942
[ ] “Would possibly destroying it count?”

Black holes just don't appear and disappear in a day...
>> No. 2944
[X] "My colleagues and I may have inadvertently destroyed the outside world and everyone in it. Is that more likely to be the cause of my curse, or the result of it?"
>> No. 2945
[X] "My colleagues and I may have inadvertently destroyed the outside world and everyone in it. Is that more likely to be the cause of my curse, or the result of it?"
>> No. 2946
[X] "My colleagues and I may have inadvertently destroyed the outside world and everyone in it. Is that more likely to be the cause of my curse, or the result of it?"
>> No. 2947
[X] "My colleagues and I may have inadvertently destroyed the outside world and everyone in it. Is that more likely to be the cause of my curse, or the result of it?"
>> No. 2949
[X] "My colleagues and I may have inadvertently destroyed the outside world and everyone in it. Is that more likely to be the cause of my curse, or the result of it?"
>> No. 2954
[X] "My colleagues and I may have inadvertently destroyed the outside world and everyone in it. Is that more likely to be the cause of my curse, or the result of it?"

I'm horribly cursed and possibly destroyed the world. That's mildly embarrassing.
>> No. 2955
Well, it's that time again, anon. Updates tomorrow.
>> No. 2965
Fucking lol

"I may have destroyed the world. Nothing big."
>> No. 2967
[X] "My colleagues and I may have inadvertently destroyed the outside world and everyone in it. Is that more likely to be the cause of my curse, or the result of it?"

We divided by zero. OH SHI-
>> No. 2968
File 12149006796.jpg - (89.85KB , 560x640 , 1213907684407.jpg ) [iqdb]
2968
>>2955

Needs more Hina, if you know what I mean.
>> No. 2972
File 121490468969.jpg - (60.48KB , 565x437 , 602eca2cd15dd911dc2428dd68f44cdd.jpg ) [iqdb]
2972
>There is an awkward science between you two. You’ve only just met, so you’re not sure what to say... that, and you never were very good at small talk.
>There is an awkward science between you two.
>an awkward science
>science

....
>> No. 2976
>>2972
Oh fuck, and to think it took me till the third line to spot what was wrong there, GODDAMN IT NITORIN, YOU'RE MELTING MY BRAINS WITH YOUR MOE!
>> No. 2979
[] "My colleagues and I may have inadvertently destroyed the outside world and everyone in it. Is that more likely to be the cause of my curse, or the result of it?"
>> No. 2981
>>2972
orz
>> No. 2984
[X] "My colleagues and I may have inadvertently destroyed the outside world and everyone in it. Is that more likely to be the cause of my curse, or the result of it?"

You decide to ask about the curse business another time. She seems seriously worried, and looking for an answer.

“My colleagues and I...” you stop. “We may have inadvertently destroyed this ‘outside world’ and everyone in it.” Well, that was easier than you thought. “Is that more likely to be the cause of my curse, or the result of it?”

Hina continues looking at you, her expression easing a bit. “Was it intentional?”

“No.” You sigh. “We were sure that this couldn’t happen. Simply put, by our calculations, the odds of me sprouting wings and breathing fire were significantly higher.”

“It’s probably the result of the curse, then. Have you been rude to any old women lately?”

“What?” you have to stifle a laugh. Normally when someone says that, they’re joking, but Hina seems to be completely serious. “Uh... not that I know of.”

“Hmm. Desecrate any sacred artifacts or temples?”

She continues asking about things for a while, with you responding no to each one. No, you haven’t broken any really nice mirrors. No, you haven’t looted any tombs. Suddenly, she stops.

“You must have been born cursed, then. It’s amazing you’re still alive. Are you always unlucky, or does it only flare up once in a while?”

You’ve never believed in things like luck, but now that she mentions it...

“... I guess that might be it. But, isn’t it normal to be unlucky once in a while?”

“Yes, though you must get REALLY unlucky from time to time. Am I right, Bill?”

You laugh a bit. “Well, I did manage to blow up the school’s chemistry lab, twice... once in high school and once in college. And the day I was going to fly to another country for a job interview almost all of the planes at the airport broke down simultaneously. On the way home, I got caught in a 34 car pile-up on the freeway. That was all a long time ago, though.”

“The bad luck has probably been building up for a while, then.” Hina smiles. “But now that I know the type of curse, I can get rid of it. Do you mind?” She reaches her hand towards your head.

You still have no idea what’s going on, but don’t issue any complaints. “Not at all.”

A chilling sensation fills your body for a brief second. Hina removes her hand.

“There. I couldn’t get it all, but I got most of it. It shouldn’t be much worse than normal bad luck, now.” Bubble, bubble. It seems that whatever was on the stove is hot. Hina fishes around the cupboards for a few plates and dishes up some curry. “Well, let’s serve lunch, then.”

You grapple the bowl that you filled with peeled cucumbers earlier under your arm and follow after her. There’s still a plate left on the counter. You would have gotten it, but you currently have to use your other hand for the cane.

After the various dishes are maneuvered onto the table in the living room, Hina sits down next to Nitori. You take a seat on the unoccupied sofa and begin to eat your curry, thanking Hina for the meal. Nitori thanks you both and begins to dig into the cucumbers.

“Oh,” Hina speaks up suddenly, “And about earlier. I don’t think the outside world is destroyed. We need it to exist, so I think the most you could have done was destroy part of it.”

Nitori looks at you after Hina says this, frowning slightly. “Did I miss a good story or something?”

[ ] Offer to finish your story. Nitori looks like she’d love to hear it.
[ ] Ask about this ‘outside world’ business. Seriously. It’s starting to bug you, and you can’t just go on google and look it up anymore.
[ ] Ask Hina about herself, instead. Nitori can wait, someone speaking as if they remember something from five hundred years ago piques your curiosity.
>> No. 2985
>>2984
[ ] Offer to finish your story. Nitori looks like she’d love to hear it.
>> No. 2986
[ ] Offer to finish your story. Nitori looks like she’d love to hear it.
>> No. 2987
{X} Offer to finish your story. Nitori looks like she’d love to hear it.
>> No. 2988
[ ] Offer to finish your story. Nitori looks like she’d love to hear it.
Even though I Love Hina, I think it would raise too much ruckus to go after her now.
>> No. 2989
[ ] Offer to finish your story. Nitori looks like she’d love to hear it.
[ ] Ask about this ‘outside world’ business. Seriously. It’s starting to bug you, and you can’t just go on google and look it up anymore.
>> No. 2990
[ ] Offer to finish your story. Nitori looks like she’d love to hear it.
[ ] Ask about this ‘outside world’ business. Seriously. It’s starting to bug you, and you can’t just go on google and look it up anymore.
>> No. 2992
[x] Is it lupus?
>> No. 2993
[ ] Offer to finish your story. Nitori looks like she’d love to hear it.
[ ] Ask about this ‘outside world’ business. Seriously. It’s starting to bug you, and you can’t just go on google and look it up anymore.
>> No. 2994
] Offer to finish your story. Nitori looks like she’d love to hear it.
[ ] Ask about this ‘outside world’ business. Seriously. It’s starting to bug you, and you can’t just go on google and look it up anymore.
>> No. 2995
[ ] Ask about this ‘outside world’ business. Seriously. It’s starting to bug you, and you can’t just go on google and look it up anymore.
[ ] Ask Hina about herself, instead. Nitori can wait, someone speaking as if they remember something from five hundred years ago piques your curiosity.

Then

[ ] Offer to finish your story. Nitori looks like she’d love to hear it.

Might as well cover all the bases. Gentlemen, set course for WALL! ENGAGE!
>> No. 2996
[X] Offer to finish your story. Nitori looks like she’d love to hear it.
Nitori's reaction would be worth it
>> No. 2997
>>2988
I'm willing to go for Hina next in Tetro's story if we can have Nitori in this one.
>> No. 2998
>>2997
At this rate, delicious Hina in a year.
>> No. 3001
Combo vote wins because I feel like explaining a bunch of stuff. Writing.

And about the routes. I should probably make it clear that there are no harem or combination routes, unless you manage to come up with some epic write-ins. Branching out and making friends is definitely a good idea, though.
>> No. 3003
This is an epic story. It goes in the "new win" bucket, along with Hakugyokuro LA and Touhou: Taste the Rainbow.
>> No. 3004
>>3003
Don't forget RAN.
>> No. 3007
[x] Offer to finish your story. Nitori looks like she’d love to hear it.

“Not really,” you offer. You didn’t exactly tell Hina your story, just hinted at it. “I just told Hina the end of the one I started telling you earlier.” A smile creeps across your face. “Would you like an additional payment?”

Nitori nods as she takes a bite out of a cucumber. Even Hina looks interested.

“Well,” you ask, for dramatic effect, “where was I?”

“We just got to the part where you were looking for the Higgs boson.” Munch. Munch. “Did you find it?”

“Hahaha...” you laugh a bit. “No. Well, we still might have made one, but something terrible happened instead. Do you happen to know about Einstein, E = mc^2, black holes, or any of that?”

Nitori shakes her head. Hina just smiles a bit when you look at her. “Sorry, I’ve got no idea. If Nitori doesn’t know, there’s no way that I would.”

“Ah...” you think, pausing to eat some of your lunch. “Well, it basically says that energy and matter are interchangeable. One can be converted into the other, and vice versa. Black holes are regions of incredibly dense matter. They are so massive for such a small space that they basically cause space to bend in on itself, so that nothing can escape, not even light. When you try to visualize them in 3d they kind of look like holes, so they got the nickname ‘black hole’.”

“Hey Hina,” Nitori interjects, “Didn’t the oni girl that lived on this mountain a long time ago have the ability to make something like that?”

Oni? You’ve got no idea what that is, but they must be mistaken. A single person creating a black hole? It took Europe over $5 billion dollars and eight years to do that.

Hina answers. “I think so. Didn’t she use them as part of her danmaku?”

You think you’re getting used to being lost all the time by now. Your first impulse isn’t even to ask what ‘danmaku’ is, it’s to continue the story.

“This really is a strange world.” You sigh. “Anyway, continuing on. We’ve always though that you could create black holes by having enough energy in a small area. It seems we were right. We also thought that these smaller, micro black holes emitted energy that we call hawking radiation, causing them to disappear after a split second. On that, we were wrong.”

You take in some more food. It’s delicious. Hina is a pretty good cook. You would eat more, but Nitori is looking at you expectantly.

“Anyway, the black hole we made grew and consumed more matter. Really, our calculations said that it shouldn’t happen, but it did anyway. A black hole grows as long as it can consume matter and energy, so since that thing didn’t stop... it definitely should have consumed what you call the ‘outside world’. But if we were wrong about hawking radiation, I guess we could be wrong about that, too.”

Nitori starts laughing. “Ahahaha! That’s a really funny story!” Funny? In a demented sense, sure. “But...”

Nitori seems to be thinking. Hina... well, it’s pretty obvious most of it went over her head. Suddenly, Nitori says something. “Hey. You said that that thing makes holes in space, right? Would you count space as reality?”

“Sure,” you say. That sounds about right. “I guess since everything exists in space, you could call it reality.”

“So, so, you might have punched a hole in reality?” She seems to be leading in to something pretty profound.

“Yeah, that sounds like a good explanation.”

“Aha! That explains how all that junk got here, then!” She seems proud of herself. “You’ve managed to punch a hole in the great barrier! Cool!” She gives you a thumbs up and a giant smile.

Hina frowns at this. “If... if that’s true, Reimu isn’t going to be pleased with him. I saw her this morning, after we had breakfast. It seems her shrine got destroyed again, and she’s looking for the culprit. She even went as far as to call this another incident.”

Even Nitori looks kind of worried at this. “Really? Well, she won’t attack another human, especially if he’s powerless, right?”

“...maybe. She looked pretty angry.”
>> No. 3008
[x] Ask about this ‘outside world’ business. Seriously. It’s starting to bug you, and you can’t just go on google and look it up anymore.

You look around. It seems everyone has already finished their lunch while you were talking. It’s time to eat, so you decide to ask a question and get the others talking. “So, what’s this ‘outside world’ thing you people keep mentioning? Why does it need to exist for this place to exist?”

Hina stands up. “Ah, it’s probably better is Nitori tries to explain it. Would either of you like some tea?”

Both Nitori and you nod, so Hina heads for the kitchen.

“Huh... where to start...” Nitori seems to be thinking pretty hard. “I guess it’s not really that long of a story, just a hard one to tell. Well... hmm.” She pauses.

“I guess it’s kind of like this. The outside world is where the humans live, and Gensokyo is where the Youkai live. We left your world to make way for technology, and sealed this place away along with what little belief humans had in us. It’s kind of like a fantasy world that lies next to the outside world but doesn’t touch it directly. The Great Barrier separates the two places, though it’s not a full seperation.”

“I don’t really know all the details, but I guess it was designed to be slightly porous. People still have to remember all the old legends and stuff for us to exist. If there were no people, there would be no legends, right? So the border sort of acts like a separation between what you would probably term as reality and fantasy. Since it’s porous, though, things slip through from time to time. The biggest thing we’ve had before was only a two passenger airplane, though, definitely not several tons of building.”

This curry is still pretty good, even though it’s slightly cold. You continue listening. It starts to make sense. So it’s kind of like a parallel reality given form by the thoughts of humans? You’re roommate in college talked about stuff like this, but you dismissed it because his next thought was usually ‘Whoa, man, the carpet is, like, swimming.’

“If the border were ever to collapse, though, we’d be destroyed since we don’t exist in the minds of normal humans. The setup is really strange, but that’s how it works.”

“I... think I get it,” you say, finishing up your curry. Hina shows up with some tea and pours everyone a cup. “Thanks, Hina. Anyway, you keep using the word human a lot. Does that mean you aren’t human?” A pretty stupid question. Of course she’s a---.

“Nope,” she slaps her chest, “I’m a Kappa! We’re kind of like water imps. And Hina is a curse goddess.”

What.

Hina blushes a bit at that. “P-Please, don’t say it so highly. I’m not nearly at goddess level.”

Nitori ignores her, instead focusing on your frown. “What? Did I say something wrong?”

“No, it’s not that, it’s just...” You have to think for a moment. How to phrase this. “So, stuff like magic exists here? Like, hocus pocus and all that nonsense?”

“Uh-huh,” Nitori says, “But it’s not nonsense here. It’s a part of life for most people. I prefer not to rely on magic, myself, but it does have its uses. That thing I gave you to help you understand me? I... uh, cheated a bit on that. It was slightly magical.”

Well, that would explain a lot. They can bend the laws of the universe here, so of course they can make things that would normally be impossible. “I think I understand now, Nitori. Thanks.”

Think being the key operand here. Magic is not something you’ll be able to get used to just like that. Common sense exists because it’s true, and this world is, if Nitori’s definition is to be believed, the exact opposite of that. If you walk into the darkness, you really MIGHT be eaten by a grue.

After that, Nitori and Hina start talking about people that you don’t know about. Nothing as serious as this Reimu person possibly being after you, though, so you don’t pay too much attention. After the tea is gone, Hina stands up.

“Well, Mr. Nye, I’ve got a lot of work to do.” She bows, and then turns to face Nitori. “See you at dinner, Nitori.”

“Yep. Thanks, Hina.” Nitori gives Hina a wave.

After Hina leaves, Nitori stands up as well. “So. Didn’t I tell you she was nice?”

“Haha,” you laugh, “Yeah. I’m not that social, but she’s good company.” And if Hina is to be believed about the whole curse business, the proper term would be more like ‘a panacea’.

“Anyway,” Nitori says, looking at you, “I’ve got some business with the tengu. They like to know when new people show up on the mountain, so I’ve gotta go tell them you’re going to be living with me for a while.”

Well, it seems she’s already taken a liking to you. This could be good; freeloading is always easier than finding another place to live.

“Oh? Wouldn’t it be better if I came with you?”

Nitori laughs a bit. “No. The tengu are pretty paranoid. They’d think you talked me into letting you in so that you could sabotage something.” She smiles. “I’ll be back in a few hours.”

Fair enough. “Mind if wander around the house, then? It’ll be pretty boring if I just sit here.”

“Sure. You could even take a little walk outside if you wanted to, just as long as you stay close to the cave. We aren’t far enough up the mountain that the tengu would care about you yet.”

She heads for the door, but stops. “Though, if you do decide to go down to the lab, try not to touch too much. A lot of it’s dangerous if you don’t know what you’re doing.” Smiling, she adds. “You wouldn’t want a fake arm too, would you?”

She makes her way out into the hall, and you follow. She opens the door at the end of the hall, and you notice sunlight streaming in. That must be the exit. You give her a wave, and she leaves. You...

[ ] Head outside.
[ ] Go try and find a good book in the living room.
[ ] Head down to the lab.
>> No. 3009
[X] Head down to the lab.
Lets take a closer look at our new deadly-looking leg.
>> No. 3010
[ ] Head down to the lab.

Let's impress Nitori with SCIENCE!
>> No. 3011
>>3003
You're forgetting RaAN.
>> No. 3012
[X] Head down to the lab.
>> No. 3014
[ ] Head down to the lab.

Let's see if we can restore anything from the Outside.
>> No. 3015
[] Head outside. You were unconsious the whole way here, and don't even know what "here" looks like.
>> No. 3016
[x] Head down to the lab.
TO THE LAB!
>> No. 3017
Some fresh air would be nice, but your curiosity demands that you go back down to Nitori’s lab and have a better look around. Most of the stuff in the piles looked like junk, but there were a lot of things scattered around the floor that didn’t.

After making it back down the stairs, you’re greeted with the familiar mounds of scrap metal that you saw earlier today. Noticing the new leg still on the workbench, you decide to head over to it.

It really does look like something the Borg would put together. You don’t notice much new about it, except for the fact that it’s got a large number of small holes built into it. Each one is about as big around as your index finger, and they don’t seem like defects in the craftsmanship. Reaching into your pocket, you take out your awesome pen. This should work. It’s a combination of a pen and a small flashlight, so you turn the flashlight on and shine it down one of the holes. They seem to be about a half inch deep, each with a tiny crystal resting in the bottom. Puzzling.

Glancing up from the leg and heading over to the nearest pile of stuff, you immediately recognize a bunch of things. Old radios, busted TVs, even a few PCs. Most of the things are electronic in some way, shape, or form. Another pile seems to contain mostly metal objects, like tools, old stoves... and the CMS detector.

You sigh. It really does look like crap. You wonder how she got it back here.

Scattered around the floor are things that seem to be in pretty good shape, probably re-created by Nitori. A motorcycle, a WW-II half-track vehicle of some kind, and some oddly-shaped thing that could maybe be a helicopter all catch your attention. Most of the stuff, however, you don’t recognize at all. Closer to the door are a few things you don't recognize, such as a large metal cylinder, something that looks like an arcade machine on steroids, and a... woman?

Sure enough, standing by the stairs leading out, is a woman with black wings sticking out of her back and a camera hanging from her neck. It doesn’t look like she’s noticed you yet, but she’s obviously looking for something.

[ ] Hide. Freaky winged woman is freaky.
[ ] Don’t hide. She’s just looking for Nitori.
>> No. 3018
[x] RAPE
AYA RAPE AYA RAPE AYA RAPE AYA RAPE AYA RAPE AYA RAPE
NO ONE WILL HEAR HER SCREAM DOWN HERE
>> No. 3019
>>3017
[ ] Don’t hide. She’s just looking for Nitori.

HOLY PENIS, WHAT A SCOOP!
>> No. 3020
[ ] Don’t hide. She’s just looking for Nitori.

Ayayayaya...
>> No. 3021
[x] "What are you looking for?"

I want to see her jump so high her head hits the ceiling. Just like in cartoons.
>> No. 3023
[ ] Don’t hide. She’s just looking for Nitori. See if you can salvage some of the PC's.
>> No. 3024
[ ] Jump out from a mound of scrap when she passes by.
>> No. 3025
File 121495991838.jpg - (84.22KB , 1024x576 , Gurren Lagann - 22 - Large 20.jpg ) [iqdb]
3025
>“So, so, you might have punched a hole in reality?”

With our power to pierce the heavens, I think we have potential to compete in Gensokyo's power balance.
>> No. 3026
[x] "Vat iz it you are looking for?"

Prepare to be ejected off the mountain. Manually.
>> No. 3027
Yeah, she’s probably just looking for Nitori. You go back to looking at the stuff around the cavern.

“Hey!” After about ten seconds, it seems that she’s noticed you. You look over, but she’s crossed the entire floor of the lab before you turn around, all without making a sound. There’s no way for a human to have done that. Especially in the crazy shoes she’s wearing. “You’re Bill, right?”

Looking at her up close, you can tell that those things sticking out of her back are, indeed, wings. She seems to have a notepad in the pocket of her white shirt. Fighting back urges to ask her about Prince Vultan, you decide to answer.

“Yeah, but...” you wrinkle your brows, “How did you know? I’ve never met you before.”

“Ah, well, uhhhm...”

Looking at her hair, it seems to be filled with dust.

She laughs, shifting her gaze to the ground. “W-well, that doesn’t matter, does it?”

It doesn’t look like you’re going to get a straight answer out of her. You shrug. “If you’re here for Nitori, she’s off talking to the tengu, whatever those things are.”

“Oh, I knew that already.” She smiles a little mischievously. “Actually, I came here to talk to you. To ask you for an interview, actually.”

“What?” You’re a bit shocked... by all three statements. “But... uh, I’m not that interesting.”

“Are you kidding? You’re the biggest thing to happen to Gensokyo in months! Putting a hole in the great barrier with powerful outside world magic? Smashing the Hakurei shrine? Crazy!” She seems really excited about all this, but how does she...

“Wait. Were you spying on us earlier?” Damn it. You knew that sofa felt more uncomfortable than it looked.

She just laughs softly. “Ehehe...”

You sigh. “Anyway,” she continues, “I’m a reporter, and I’m going to be writing an article on you. So, I thought a first hand account would be better than a second hand one. What do you say?”

[ ] Accept.
[ ] Decline.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 3028
>>3027
[ ] Accept.

SHAMEIMARU!
>> No. 3029
[ ] Question about this Reimu figure, since she seems to know so much.
[ ] Accept, but ask her not to tell of your relation to Nitori or where you are staying.
>> No. 3030
[X] Decline.
[X]"I don't want any trouble with the so called Hakurei Miko"
>> No. 3031
>>3029
seems legit
[ ] Question about this Reimu figure, since she seems to know so much.
[ ] Accept, but ask her not to tell of your relation to Nitori or where you are staying.
>> No. 3032
[x] Question about this Reimu figure, since she seems to know so much.
[x] Accept, but ask her not to tell of your relation to Nitori or where you are staying.
>> No. 3033
[ ] Accept. But make sure she doesn't reveal who or where we are, this Reimu could be trouble.
>> No. 3035
[x] Question about this Reimu figure, since she seems to know so much.
[x] Accept, but ask her not to tell of your relation to Nitori or where you are staying.
[x] Make sure she writes down that destroying the Hakurei Shrine was a total accident.
>> No. 3036
[x] Question about this Reimu figure, since she seems to know so much.
[x] Accept, but ask her not to tell of your relation to Nitori or where you are staying.
[x] Make sure she writes down that destroying the Hakurei Shrine was a total accident.

Better bandwagon option, although she's going to report what she wants to report anyway...
>> No. 3037
[x] Question about this Reimu figure, since she seems to know so much.
[x] Accept, but ask her not to tell of your relation to Nitori or where you are staying.
[x] Make sure she writes down that destroying the Hakurei Shrine was a total accident.
>> No. 3038
[x] Question about this Reimu figure, since she seems to know so much.
[x] Accept, but ask her not to tell of your relation to Nitori or where you are staying.
[x] Make sure she writes down that destroying the Hakurei Shrine was a total accident.

Do not want miko wrath falling on our heads.
>> No. 3039
[x] Question about this Reimu figure, since she seems to know so much.
[x] Accept, but ask her not to tell of your relation to Nitori or where you are staying.
[x] Make sure she writes down that destroying the Hakurei Shrine was a total accident.

You’ve got a bad feeling about this. Her words earlier... smashing a shrine? She almost made it sound like you did it intentionally. That certainly wouldn’t be a good thing to print in a newspaper. Maybe you can clear a few things up.

You sigh. “Fine, I accept. But---.”

“Great! Let’s get started.” She begins jotting things down on her notepad. You decide to speak up a little. “But, I have three conditions.”

Looking up at you, she frowns a little bit. “If it’s nothing too difficult, sure... that shouldn’t be a problem.” She looks down again. “Ok. First question. Was there---“

“Hey!” You raise your voice a bit. Reporters in this world seem to be about as rude as they were on the outside. “Are you listening to me?”

She sighs a bit, than smiles. “Oh, you want me to hear them first? Afraid I’ll run off after getting my story?”

“Not really,” you shrug. “I’d just like to make sure you know what I want.”

“Ok, ok, I get it. So, what do you want?”

“Alright,” you sigh. That was more difficult than it should have been. “Firstly, I’d like to know anything you can tell me about the person living at that shrine that got crushed. Reimu, was it?”

She nods. “Reimu?” Ah, good. You guessed right. “Sure. That’s no big deal, so we can talk about that after the interview. What else?”

“I would appreciate it if you could keep Nitori and where I’m staying out of your article. If both Hina and Nitori are worried that that person might find me, it might be better if I kept my location hidden.”

This time she takes a little bit longer to respond. “I... think I can do that.” She looks at the nub covering the bottom of your peg-leg and grins slightly. “You look like you’ve suffered enough. Next?”

“This one is the most important. I want you to make sure that you say that this entire thing was an accident. You almost made it sound like I smashed that shrine on purpose.”

“Hmmm...” She seems to be seriously thinking about this one, frowning again. “I’ll try. It might be kind of hard, you know? My articles tend to write themselves, but I’ll keep it in mind. Is that good enough?”

You nod. “I guess.” You’d really like a guarantee, but keeping it in mind is better than nothing.

“Well then, is that it?”

Again, you nod.

“Great. Let’s get to the interview, then.”

You take a seat on a nearby workbench, while she does the same. The questions are pretty mundane things. How many people did you work with? What did it feel like? Was there any way you could have foreseen this? How is your leg feeling? You answer truthfully to every one.

“So,” she says, not looking up from her pad of paper that she’s been writing furiously on for the past few minutes. “What did you want to know about Reimu Hakurei? I can tell you pretty much anything.” She looks up, giving you a scary grin. A grin that says she really could tell you anything.

[ ] Write-in
>> No. 3040
[X]"What does she do? Is she some kind police officer or something?"
[X]"Wouldn't she come after you? After you write the article she will know you know where I am."
>> No. 3041
[x]"What does she do? Is she some kind police officer or something?"
[x]"Wouldn't she come after you? After you write the article she will know you know where I am."
[x] "Let's say, hypothetically, that she managed to catch me. How is she going to carry out my punishment? Will she lock me up for several years, give me a slap on the wrist, or will she skin me alive?"
[x] "How tough is she? Can I stop her with a handgun?"

Elaborate plannan' gaems.
>> No. 3042
[x]"What does she do? Is she some kind police officer or something?"
[x]"Wouldn't she come after you? After you write the article she will know you know where I am."

>>3041

I'd rather not discuss how to take down Reimu with the woman with the biggest mouth in Gensokyo. It's entirely too likely that it'll slip into her article.
>> No. 3043
[x]"What does she do? Is she some kind police officer or something?"
[x]"Wouldn't she come after you? After you write the article she will know you know where I am."
[x] "Let's say, hypothetically, that she managed to catch me. How is she going to carry out my punishment? Will she lock me up for several years, give me a slap on the wrist, or will she skin me alive?"

Is this some MiG here? REIMUNATOR out for blood?
>> No. 3044
[x]"What does she do? Is she some kind police officer or something?"
[x]"Wouldn't she come after you? After you write the article she will know you know where I am."
[x] "Let's say, hypothetically, that she managed to catch me. How is she going to carry out my punishment? Will she lock me up for several years, give me a slap on the wrist, or will she skin me alive?"
>> No. 3045
[x]"What does she do? Is she some kind police officer or something?"
[x]"Wouldn't she come after you? After you write the article she will know you know where I am."
[x] "Let's say, hypothetically, that she managed to catch me. How is she going to carry out my punishment? Will she lock me up for several years, give me a slap on the wrist, or will she skin me alive?"
>> No. 3046
[x]"What does she do? Is she some kind police officer or something?"
[x]"Wouldn't she come after you? After you write the article she will know you know where I am."
[x] "Let's say, hypothetically, that she managed to catch me. How is she going to carry out my punishment? Will she lock me up for several years, give me a slap on the wrist, or will she skin me alive?"
>> No. 3047
[z]"What does she do? Is she some kind police officer or something?"
[z]"Wouldn't she come after you? After you write the article she will know you know where I am."
[z] "Let's say, hypothetically, that she managed to catch me. How is she going to carry out my punishment? Will she lock me up for several years, give me a slap on the wrist, or will she skin me alive?"

Reimu talkan gaems.
>> No. 3048
[x]"What does she do? Is she some kind police officer or something?"
[x]"Wouldn't she come after you? After you write the article she will know you know where I am."
[x] "Let's say, hypothetically, that she managed to catch me. How is she going to carry out my punishment? Will she lock me up for several years, give me a slap on the wrist, or will she skin me alive?"

“Wait a minute. If she’s determined to find me, and you write this article, won’t she just go after you to get to me?”

The winged woman laughs, “Oh, it seems you don’t know who I am!” She looks down, as if remembering something. “Ah, right... I guess I never did introduce myself. Not that you would know who I am anyway, being from the outside and all.” She stands up, and takes a bow. “I’m Aya Shameimaru, the fastest in Gensokyo! I’d have to let her catch me first.”

You’re not sure if she’s full of herself, or if what she just said is true. Either way, you decide to continue your questions.

“So... what does Reimu do? Is she some kind police officer or something?"

“Usually,” Aya says, grinning, “she doesn’t do anything but relax and drink tea all day.”

You look at her. “Usually?”

“Yeah. She’s the Hakurei shrine maiden, so she has the job of maintaining the border and beating down troublemakers. The first part is fairly simple because, from what I know, she only has to be alive to maintain it. She doesn’t do the second part too often, though... I guess it’s because she only considers someone a troublemaker if what they do affects her directly.”

“Ah,” you nod. That makes sense... though, the part about her being related to the border makes you kind of nervous. “So, what would happen if, hypothetically, she managed to catch me? How would she carry out my punishment? Would she lock me up for several years, give me a slap on the wrist, or would she skin me alive?”

“Hmmm...” Aya shrugs a bit, “who knows? She’s pretty impulsive. She’ll probably just shoot you with a bunch of danmaku, like she does to everyone else that causes trouble. I guess that’s somewhere between a slap on the wrists and being skinned alive.”

You’re still not sure what danmaku is, but you can try to guess by her choice of verb. “Shoot? Like, with a gun? To say that that’s between a slap on the wrist and being skinned alive is... not right. We humans die pretty easily, you know.” You frown. You don’t feel like dying yet.

Aya laughs again. “You’ve got a lot to learn about Gensokyo. Ask Nitori what danmaku is sometime, I’m sure she’ll explain. Either way, don’t worry too much about it. I don't think Reimu would go as far as to kill you.”

“Well,” she looks at you, “Any more questions?”

You shake your head. “No, I think that about covers it. Thanks, Aya.”

“Right, then. I’ll be off.” She smiles broadly at you. “This is going to be a great story, thanks!”

With that, her figure simply blurs out of existence, and a large gust of wind almost knocks you over. Maybe she wasn’t bluffing about being the fastest, after all. It was a pretty lengthy interview, but you’ve still only spent about an hour talking with Aya. There's still time to kill before Nitori comes back.

[ ] Head outside.
[ ] Go try and find a good book in the living room.
[ ] Look around the lab some more.
========================
Also, sleep time. Updates tomorrow.
>> No. 3049
[ ] Look around the lab some more.

Our prime objective was interrupted. Back to it, people.
>> No. 3050
[ ] Look around the lab some more. Salvage the PC's.
>> No. 3051
[x] Look around the lab some more.
gnodnwaba
>> No. 3052
[x] Look around the lab some more
>> No. 3056
[+] Look around the lab some more. Salvage the PC's.
I like this one.
>> No. 3060
[ x ] Look around the lab some more.
>> No. 3061
File 121498832514.jpg - (117.62KB , 654x600 , Kettenkrad.jpg ) [iqdb]
3061
>A motorcycle, a WW-II half-track vehicle of some kind

Bill Nye got on his motorcycl and said, "It's time for me to live up to my family name and face full-life consequences."
>> No. 3066
[X] Look around the lab some more.
Can it be pillage time now?
>> No. 3068
[ ] Look around the lab some more.
>> No. 3069
[x] Look around the lab some more.

Right, back to your main goal. There must be something awesome in this lab, right? The most interesting thing you’ve seen is your new leg, but it’s not even finished yet. There might be something mind-blowing hiding behind all of this junk.

Branching your search off into the parts farther from the stairs, you start finding things that are increasingly more obscure. Many of them seem to be fusions of other things, like armchairs with airplane wings or statues that seem to have had their eyes replaced with, what you can guess, are laser emitters. You dealt a little with optics in college, so you’re not entirely unfamiliar with them.

Sticking out of a nearby pile of speakers, however, you notice a hand. It’s pretty pale, and almost wax-like in texture. It seems to be attached to something under the pile. It’s not a very big pile, and the speakers don’t look too heavy, so you could probably dig out whatever it is if you wanted to.

[ ] Don’t dig it out. Nitori said not to touch anything.
[ ] Dig it out. This demands an explanation.
>> No. 3070
[x] Dig it out. This demands an explanation.

Speakers probably won't explode when moved.
>> No. 3071
[ ] Don’t dig it out. Nitori said not to touch anything.

Respect her wished. Don't want to Kappa 'Extending Arm' the entire lab.
>> No. 3072
[x] Dig it out. This demands an explanation.

Screw the rules, we have SCIENCE

and continues
>> No. 3073
[x] Don’t dig it out. Nitori said not to touch anything.

I don't want to mess around with shit when we don't even have an idea what they do.
>> No. 3074
[ ] Don’t dig it out. Nitori said not to touch anything.
>> No. 3075
[ ] Don’t dig it out. Nitori said not to touch anything.
>> No. 3076
[x] Dig it out. This demands an explanation.

ARE YOU NOT SCIENTISTS?
>> No. 3077
[x] Dig it out. This demands an explanation.
>> No. 3078
[x] Dig it out. This demands an explanation.
Anon is a curious person, which almost always leads us to our death.
>> No. 3079
[x] Dig it out. This demands an explanation.
>> No. 3080
Don't dig it out technically won, but dig it out ended up with more votes, so... I'm writing that one.

Also, this'll probably be the last update until later tomorrow. Real life is demanding my attention for a while.
>> No. 3081
It certainly doesn’t fit with the rest of the pile. It’s a hand that looks like it’s made of wax. You need to know what this is. Almost impulsively, you begin to knock speakers off of the top of the pile with your cane. They’re all about home-theater sized, so it’s not difficult. Once the pile reaches a more manageable size, you begin taking them off by hand.

As the pile shrinks, you begin to uncover what looks like a French maid, except that her uniform is blue and white instead of the standard black and white. That, and she has green hair. Does everything in Gensokyo have weird hair?

Either way, this is exactly the kind of thing you were hoping to find. It’s something that doesn’t just look like a bunch of random machines stuck together. It can’t be a mannequin, since that wouldn’t fit with the other stuff Nitori is hoarding, so it has to be something else. You can’t wait to try and figure it out.

She’s mostly uncovered now. It seems that the arm sticking out of the pile was her right arm, as her left one is still covered by a portion of the pile. You begin working on that side. Accidentally, you bump a speaker as you were lifting another from the top of the pile, sending the one you bumped rolling towards the girl. It comes to rest between her shoulder and her neck.

*Click. Whirrrrr...*

Oh, shit. You grab the speaker you knocked over and look at her neck. It seems to have landed on some sort of slight bump. How... unlucky.

Suddenly, her eyes spring open. Her eyes dart around, but they seem... blank, somehow. Almost as if she was deep in thought. Slowly, they come into focus. She looks directly at you.

[ ] OH GOD IT’S ALIVE RUN!
[ ] “Uh... good morning?”
[ ] Quick, hit the switch again! Maybe it’ll turn off.
>> No. 3082
[x] “Uh... good morning?”

Ruukoto?!
>> No. 3083
[ ] “Uh... good morning?”
>> No. 3084
[x]Take her out of the trash pile and promptly start examining her.

Fuck yes, you are the best nuclear powered robot maid ever!
>> No. 3085
[x] “Uh... good morning?”
>> No. 3086
[x] “Uh... good morning?”
>> No. 3087
[x] “Uh... good morning?”

RUUKOTO ROUTE
>> No. 3088
[ ] OH GOD IT’S ALIVE RUN!
I HAVE CREATED A MONSTER!
>> No. 3089
[x] "IT'S ALIIIIIIIVE!"

In your best Dr. Frankenstein impersonation.
>> No. 3090
[x] “Uh... good morning?”
>> No. 3091
[x] “Uh... good morning?”

Morning Ruukoto.
>> No. 3092
File 12150332151.jpg - (9.85KB , 320x240 , frankenstein.jpg ) [iqdb]
3092
[ ] Its moving. It's moving! It's alive! IT’S ALIIIIVE! IT'S ALIIVE, IT'S ALIVE!! In the name of God, NOW I KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO BE GOD!
>> No. 3093
[x] “Uh... good morning?”
>>3092
SUPER SCIENCE will have its moment, gentlemen.
But now is not the time.
>> No. 3094
>>3084
But we already found the on switch.
>> No. 3109
Ruukoto! Yay!
[+] "Uhh... good morning?"
>> No. 3171
Oho, updates.

[x] “Uh... good morning?”

“Uh... good morning?” Whatever this thing is, being polite might be a good idea. “Or good day, I guess. It’s not really morning anymore.”

She keeps staring. So do you. Suddenly, after about a minute, she stands up. Since you were crouching down to look at her, she almost knocks you over. She bows, and then speaks. “Start-up complete. Errors, 1. Insufficient power. Basic operation mode is in effect.”

Her voice is incredibly flat sounding. There’s absolutely no emotion behind it at all.

Well, it never hurts to ask. “How did you end up in that pile of garbage?”

“Unknown.”

You feel giddy. It’s almost like the time you first used a computer. Sure, voice recognition isn’t particularly difficult, but this is cool. You’re talking to a robot than can, from what you’ve seen, move like a real human would. AISMO has nothing on this.

“Do you have a name?”

“Yes.”

You pause. “Uh... what is it, then?”

“Unknown. High-level memory has been deactivated to conserve energy.”

A dead end. Damn. “Well, what should I call you?”

“’Servant’ is sufficient.”

“What if there was more than one of you, and I wanted to differentiate between the two?” You smile. Maybe you can weasel the answer out of her?

“Unknown.”

So much for that, then. Some other topic. “What kind of power source do need? Maybe I could get you some?”

“I require Uranium and Deutrium.”

What, is she some kind of H-Bomb?

“’Ey, Bill!”

The noise comes from somewhere behind you, high up in the lab. You turn around. Most of the scrap piles towards this end of the lab are pretty small, giving you a good view of the cavern ceiling. And Nitori. Who seems to be flying. Well. It seems people can fly here, as well as disappear in the blink of an eye. Intriguing.

You wave back. “Hey, Nitori! Back so soon?”

She lands a few feet in front of you. “Yeah. The tengu didn’t give me too much trouble, and...” She cocks her head to one side, looking past you. “You turned Ruukoto on? Didn’t I say not to touch anything?” Ruukoto, huh? Nitori doesn’t sound too angry, just a little annoyed. “Well, either way, I should shut her off. She’s worthless.” Nitori frowns and begins to walk towards Ruukoto.

You put your cane out in front of her and smile a bit, showing no ill will. You definitely want some answers. How could something powered by fusion be worthless? “Worthless? She just seems to be running low on fuel.”

Nitori looks frustrated. “I know. And I can’t make heads or tails of what kind of fuel she needs. Her power supply seems to be integrated pretty heavily into her body, too, so I can’t just replace it. Whoever designed ‘basic operation mode’ should have done a better job.” She pushes your cane away, trying to get by.

[ ] Explain the situation. With your combined scientific might, you two might just be able to get her running at full power.
[ ] Let her go. Maybe you can fix it later without her knowledge?
[ ] Let her go. Parts for an H-Bomb are pretty hard to come by in the outside world, and you’ve no reason to believe it’s any different here.
>> No. 3179
[x] Explain the situation. With your combined scientific might, you two might just be able to get her running at full power.
>> No. 3180
[X] Explain the situation. With your combined scientific might, you two might just be able to get her running at full power.

Time to create the uranium and deuterium enrichment facilities of SCIENCE.
>> No. 3181
[x] Explain the situation. With your combined scientific might, you two might just be able to get her running at full power.

Replace her power source with a battery cell that can be charged by the flowing water of the nearby waterfall. BRILLIANT!
>> No. 3184
[ ] Explain the situation. With your combined scientific might, you two might just be able to get her running at full power.
>> No. 3185
[x] Explain the situation. With your combined scientific might, you two might just be able to get her running at full power.
>> No. 3189
[X] Explain the situation. With your combined scientific might, you two might just be able to get her running at full power.

Never take that pimp Cane away from bill, best idea ever.
>> No. 3190
NEW THREAD.
>> No. 3191
>>3189
Perhaps we can eventually turn it into some sort of laser cane.
>> No. 3197
[x] Explain the situation. With your combined scientific might, you two might just be able to get her running at full power.

WITH MY BRAINS AND YOUR BRAINS WE'LL MAKE AN EXCELLENT TEAM

We might be able to find a Geiger counter in the junk pile or at Kourindou.
>> No. 3204
[x] Explain the situation. With your combined scientific might, you two might just be able to get her running at full power.


Fuck yeah! Nuclear Maido!
>> No. 3208
File 121513743470.jpg - (22.03KB , 637x319 , This is me.jpg ) [iqdb]
3208
I heard you just found a robot girl that's running low on power.

I'm coming over now, see you in a few days.
>> No. 3215
>>3208

ha ha oh wow
>> No. 3216
[x] Explain the situation. With your combined scientific might, you two might just be able to get her running at full power.
>> No. 3219
[+] Explain the situation. With your combined scientific might, you two might just be able to get her running at full power.
>> No. 3221
[x] Explain the situation. With your combined scientific might, you two might just be able to get her running at full power.

Firmly holding your cane in place, you speak up. “Hold on a minute, Nitori. I know what she needs.”

Nitori stops trying to make her way through to Ruukoto. “You do?”

“I think so. Hey,” You turn towards Ruukoto, making sure to make eye contact. “You mentioned before that you need uranium. Do you need a specific isotope? U-238, perhaps?”

“Yes.”

You turn back to Nitori. “It’s settled, then. She has to be nuclear powered.”

Nitori just looks at you. “What’s ‘nuclear powered’?”

You give her a brief explanation on nuclear fusion and fission and the materials involved. You leave out the part about the various weapons made from them.

Nitori seems to be thinking. She frowns. “Water’s easy since we’ve got a stream right outside, but I don’t know where to get uranium. Even if I can build all of the machines we’d need, we still need the raw materials, right?”

“Hmmm...”

She’s right. Uranium is pretty rare, and it’s doubtful that you would be able to get sufficient quantities without a large scale mining operation. There just might be some warheads lying around this crazy lab, but that’s a long shot at best.

“So, can I shut her off?” Nitori asks you, smiling a smile of victory. “Either way you look at it, we can’t fix her right now.”

Nitori’s right. You agree reluctantly, lowering your cane. Ruukoto puts up no resistance when Nitori pushes the bump you hit earlier, and her eyes close. “Now that I know she’s not worthless, she’ll get a workbench of her own.” That’s...comforting, if a little creepy. Nitori drapes Ruukoto over her shoulder and walks in the general direction of the stairs. You follow.

Once you make it back to the part of the lab near the stairs, Nitori sets Ruukoto down on a bench. She heads back over to the leg, leaving you wondering what to do. “Hey, Nitori,” you ask, “Anything in particular you want me to do?”

“Oh, not really.” Nitori says, staring intently at the leg. “Do whatever you want.”

[ ] Head outside.
[ ] Go try and find a good book in the living room.
[ ] Talk to Nitori for a while.
[ ] Write-in.
=================
New thread tomorrow. I'm pretty sleep deprived at the moment, so no more writing for tonight.
>> No. 3223
[x] Head outside
[x] Call out for Reimu

Get this over with.
>> No. 3224
File 121514532144.png - (218.95KB , 460x669 , 121425503360.png ) [iqdb]
3224
[ x ] Head outside.

Even House has to go outside, once in awhile.
SUPPA, SUPPA SCIENCE.
>> No. 3225
[x] Head outside
>> No. 3227
[x] Look around for a Geiger counter.
[x] Head outside.
>> No. 3230
[x] Head outside
>> No. 3231
[x] Ask Nitori if you can mess around with the old PC's.
>> No. 3234
[ ] Head outside.

Search for another power source! And no, this is not a disguised reason to frolic with Momizi...
>> No. 3237
[x] Look around for a Geiger counter.
[x] Head outside.

Pretty sure Nitori should have one in the piles of junk.
>> No. 3245
[x] Head outside
[x] Search for some Vicodin.
Once Bill has enough, he will transform into McGuyver and make Uranium from Water and rocks.
>> No. 3258
[ ] Talk to Nitori for a while.
Kappa talkan gaems.
>> No. 3264
[ ] Head outside.
>> No. 3265
New thread please.