[Return]
Archived Thread

File 121282057775.jpg - (103.24KB , 600x750 , ef247e89d29aaf7121685d04cafc9ee9.jpg ) [iqdb]
2126 No. 2126
Sanae allows herself to be led away towards a tunnel near the ceiling, probably to another one of those hidden exits. Nitori clasps her hands in front of that key and stares up at you with big, blue, pleading puppy dog eyes.

...d'awww, that's just no fair. Sanae's through the tunnel and gone now, anyway. You know where to find her later. "All right, Nitori. Lead on."

Her smile makes the whole hall seem brighter. She throws her hands into the air and jumps for joy with a celebratory "Waaayoooow!", her thin blouse flying up with the momentum, giving you a small quick peek at her midriff. She makes a visible effort to settle down after she lands, but it doesn't do much good, so she ends up just grabbing one hand in both of hers. You start smiling yourself, infected by her enthusiasm. "All right, then! All RIGHT! Let's get started!" Still holding your hand, she starts leading you away towards one of the walls. On the way, she speaks conversationally over one shoulder. "So, I hear you're the outsider the tengu caught yesterday. Is that true?"

Certainly no reason to hide it now. "Yeah, that's right."

She looks back at you with that same dreamy, far-off look from before. "An outsider... this is so great!" Her pace quickens so suddenly, you stumble trying to keep up. "Hey, listen, you don't mind skipping through Home and coming down to the river with me, do ya? The other kappa'd just FLIP to be able to talk to you! Oh, wait, though..." She slows to a stop and frowns in your general direction, suddenly serious. "Getting all the way down there on foot'll take forever. You can't fly... um, I don't suppose you'd let me carry you down? It might be kind of embarassing, but it'd also be much quicker."

Tell her:
[ ] You'd rather see Home.
[ ] You'll go with her to the river.

+

[ ] "I'd rather walk."
[ ] "I don't mind being carried."
[ ] "I can fly, actually."

>> No. 2127
[ ] You'll go with her to the river.
[ ] "I can fly, actually."
>> No. 2128
[X] You'll go with her to the river.
[X] "I can fly, actually."
[X] "In fact, if you'd like, I could carry you."

She's just so enthusiastic that it's hard to deny her.
>> No. 2130
[x] You'll go with her to the river.
[x] "I can fly, actually."
[x] "In fact, if you'd like, I could carry you."

Even better, do it obliviously, as though we don't understand the flirtatious undertones of the fact. Sanae will end up seeing us somehow, and become even more irritated. Eventually her tsuntsun will reach critical point, and when we see her in the shrine, she'll go ballistic and achieve catharsis. Once it all comes out, then we can work on her gooey, chewy, deredere core.
>> No. 2131
x] You'll go with her to the river.
[x] "I can fly, actually."
[x] "In fact, if you'd like, I could carry you."
>> No. 2132
>>2130
This man speaks truth. Changing my vote to this.
>> No. 2133
[x] You'll go with her to the river.
[x] "I can fly, actually."
[x] "In fact, if you'd like, I could carry you."
>> No. 2134
That was painless. Writing.
>> No. 2135
In before Chulainn suffers full-blown examinations like Minoriko.
>> No. 2136
You haven't seen much of Home, but you've seen even less of this river. Maybe it'll have more color to it. "I'd love to see this river of yours and meet your friends, but I should correct you on one thing."

Nitori cocks her head quizzically. "What's that?"

"Well..." You take back your hand and hover a little ways off the ground. "I can fly, actually."

Her eyes go wide, but every other muscle in her face collapses. "What." The word is free of any inflection, falling to the ground between you like a rock.

You have not one single clue how to interpret this, so you try to hold on to her earlier cheerfulness and lighten up the atomsphere. "In fact, if you'd like, I could carry you. I just started this a couple of hours ago, so I'm not very good at it, but it'd still be faster than walking."

She just stands there, slack-jawed, for several seconds. Then, her knees buckle slightly and her hands raise up from her sides to a right angle as she gazes up at you like a true believer visited by a messenger from heaven. Your face is getting warm. Finally, she manages to stammer out, "In... credible! Inconceivable! Unprecedented! Oh... oh, oh, OH!!" In a flash, she's wrapped both arms up around your legs, squeezing the back of your thighs as she continues to stare at you with that same awed look on her face. Your could cook an egg on your cheeks by now. "Please! Please, let me study you!"

[ ] "Okay, okay! You can study me!"
[ ] "Uh... couldn't we just take the tour?"
[ ] Scary girl! Shake her off and try to get away.
>> No. 2137
[X] "Okay, okay! You can study me!"

It can't be anything too terrible. Plus, it's hard to say no to her.
>> No. 2138
[ ] "Uh... couldn't we just take the tour?"
>> No. 2139
[ ] "Okay, okay! You can study me!"

Kappa moe~
>> No. 2140
[X] "Okay, okay! You can study me!"

How cute
>> No. 2141
[ ] "Okay, okay! You can study me!"
>> No. 2142
[x] "Okay, okay! You can study me!"

SO MOE I'M GONNA FLY
>> No. 2144
[x] "Okay, okay! You can study me!"
[x] "Only a quarter pint of blood though. I may be needing most of it."
>> No. 2145
[ ] "Do me a favor first."
[ ] "Find my Lighter and cigarette."

I just can't pass this one. it might be useful later.
>> No. 2146
>>2142
ULTROOOOOOOOOOOS!

>>2145
Cigarettes are back in your pack, crushed to pieces. Lighter's, uh... somewhere.

So, anyway. Study time~
>> No. 2147
>>Finally, she manages to stammer out, "In... credible! Inconceivable! Unprecedented! Oh... oh, oh, OH!!"

THIS KAPPA. IT WAS MADE FOR ME.
>> No. 2148
No tengu. No goddesses. Kappa only. FINAL DESTINATION
>> No. 2149
File 121282781878.jpg - (84.89KB , 424x708 , eb70e9d6ebbd353454c084ada47c30cf.jpg ) [iqdb]
2149
On the one hand, you can't remember the a time you were less comfortable. On the other, she makes it kind of hard to say "no". Minoriko was right, kappa don't seem to have much self-consciousness at all. "Okay, okay!", you burst out. "You can study me!"

Releasing your legs, she takes a step back, her expression turning serious. "Thank you," she says, floating up and out of sight behind you. "I'll have to carry you now. Much quicker. No wasting time." You know the drill well enough to raise your arms for her, but this goes a little different. Instead of holding on to the underside of your arms, her own thin arms reach around under yours and cross around your chest, pulling her small body flat against your back, hair tickling your neck. Steam may well be coming out of your ears at this point. You mentally give yourself a quick slapping around, telling yourself that she's not doing this on purpose, and anyway, she's just a little girl, calm the fuck down! That actually cools you off a little bit, but you're still flustered.

During this moment of self-correction, one of her hands reaches back behind you, and you hear a quick series of quiet clicks before it reaches around you again. "Okay, ready," she says. "You just keep the circuit open, and don't worry, I know exactly where I'm going." After a pause, she adds, "But you may want to close your eyes."

[ ] Close 'em.
[ ] Keep 'em open.
>> No. 2150
[X] Keep 'em open.
Obvious choice is obvious.
>> No. 2151
[ ] Keep 'em open.

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYEEEEEEES.
>> No. 2152
[X] Close 'em.

I'm going to go ahead and say she knows what she's talking about.

I'm also going to go ahead and get some sleep, because it's 3:40 AM.
>> No. 2153
stupid me. I forgot it's in Ku-chan's backpack.
I'm still bother about lighter anyway. Gotta find a way to get it back.

>>2149
[ ] Keep 'em open.

Real man afraid of nothing.
>> No. 2154
[ ] Keep 'em open.
>> No. 2155
[x] Close 'em.

in during anon blinding himself
>> No. 2156
Board's gotten slow enough, and the vote's just cosmetic anyway, counting those four for open as winners. Whoosh!
>> No. 2157
>Board's gotten slow enough, and the vote's just cosmetic anyway, counting those four for open as winners. Whoosh!

Near 5:00 AM for us east coast Amerikkkans.

[x] Keep 'em open.

If we can get a jetpack out of this, we might be able to pull off some serious lancer jump abilities, instead of hovering everywhere.

Maybe add a pair of goggles.
>> No. 2158
>>2156

Yay for prompt updates!

(゚∀゚)/
>> No. 2159
>>2157
hur hur hur... 4PM for us Asians.
(゚∀゚)/ (゚∀゚)/ (゚∀゚)/
>> No. 2160
Suddenly imagining this enthusiastic Nitori as looking all WA-HA!
Chibi look, fang, and everything.
>> No. 2161
If she's planning what you're thinking, she's probably right. But then again, you do kind of like rollercoasters. You keep your eyes open, and your hands and arms inside the ride at all times. "Ready!"

And just like that, you're off like a shot. The first tunnel rushes forward and swallows you up, the walls rushing by in a blur. Suddenly, everything lurches as she veers due left down a branching tunnel. No sooner has she turned you to face forward down this new path than she makes another hard turn, to the right, taking the first branch off of that one the moment it comes into view ahead. On and on this way, turn after turn through the maze of tunnels, moving (you think you can tell) gradually downwards. Your head is spinning, and your stomach feels like its lagging behind you by a couple of corners.

[ ] Maybe you should close them after all.
[ ] Ask her to slow down.
[ ] "WAHOO!"

===

>>2157
Just past 4 here in the Great Flyover.

>>2158
I do seem to be moving a lot faster than usual tonight. Hmmm...
>> No. 2162
[x] Make Jet Noises
>> No. 2163
[ ] "WAHOO!"

IT IS THE ONLY CHOICE.
>> No. 2164
About 2:30 AM here in Nevada. Maybe I'm developing insomnia or something.

[ ] "WAHOO!"
>> No. 2165
>>2162
[x] Make Jet Noises

Let's do it guys !!
>> No. 2166
>>2162
>>2163

Oh ho~ why not do both?
>> No. 2167
[x] "WAHOO!"
[x] Make Jet Noises
>> No. 2168
[x] Make Jet Noises
NYEEEEEEEEEEH
>> No. 2169
[x] "SUPERB!"
>> No. 2170
>>2162 >>2166 >>2167
So let it be written. So let it be done.
>> No. 2171
>>2160
I HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG'd
>> No. 2172
[x] "WAHOO!"
[x] Make Jet Noises
Tetro, i hope there's a Nitori route for the next playthrough.
P.S
Nitori is supposed to look around 16 or so, but a loli is fine too.
>> No. 2173
>>2172
>Tetro, i hope there's a Nitori route for the next playthrough.
There will be.

>Nitori is supposed to look around 16 or so, but a loli is fine too.
Sixteen? Really? Most of the art I've found makes her look pretty small. I didn't mean for her to come across as DFC, though. I'll include a small correction in this next post.
>> No. 2174
>>2170
...oh lawd, the tengu are going to have a field day if word gets out of this.

Tengu 1: "I hear that human, Chulainn, let himself get taken for examination by the kappa."
Tengu 2: "What, the same human that decided to infiltrate our mountain fortress and break out the shrine goddess? He's either a fool, or completely mad."
Tengu 1: "I heard he was cheering. And making other weird noises."
Tengu 2: "Mad, then."
Tengu 1: "Out of his mind."
Tengu 3: "That's odd. I heard Commander Takagi and Lord Tenma were quite impressed by him. Said his words showed great wisdom."
Tengu 1 & 2: "What."
>> No. 2175
[x] "WAHOO!"
>> No. 2176
God damn it people. I was supposed to do one check before work, and I find that someone's actually fucking updating?

My whole life was
Unlimited F5 Works
>> No. 2177
>>2173
Make sure Nitori gets exclusive Chulainn study rights. No multiple faceless kappa 'studying'.
>> No. 2178
File 121283852826.jpg - (368.92KB , 1000x780 , 59e5df2ae1aa5277f01e3b1e8d635d34.jpg ) [iqdb]
2178
Afraid? No shit, you're afraid! If she makes one wrong move, SPLAT! But that's the trick, y'see, that some people don't get about these kind of rides. You don't avoid the fear, you don't push it away, what you do is run straight into it, so that it turns into...

"WAHOO!"

...exhilaration! Grinning like a maniac, you laugh as Nitori pilots you at high speed through the mountain. She makes a right turn, and you accentuate it with your best jetplane impersonation: "VreeeeeeeeYOOM!" Further on, another right: "FaaaaaaaaaaWOOOOSH!" (The urge to stick your arms out like wings is quickly vetoed, thank goodness.) You feel Nitori's shoulders and chest shaking against your back before you hear her laughter. "Hey, cut that out," she yells to you between giggles, "I'm trying to concentrate, here!"

Far from cutting it out, you remove it completely from context, orally acting out a high-speed dogfight: the ZOOOOM of the engines, the FWIIISH of missles, RATATATATATAing machine guns! Feeling like a little kid, you punctuate the whole thing with your hands, held in close to your body, diving and zipping around each other while she just keeps laughing.

"All right, hotshot," she shouts after a little while, "if that's the way you want to play it..." The next left she takes moves gradually upwards, as she takes over the noisemaking with an ascending engine sound. And then, a sudden "kaboom!" as she turns almost straight... downwards?! "We've been hit!" she cries out, spinning around slowly and imitating the scream of a crashing plane. Crashing? That exhilaration starts disappearing as you turn your head up to look at were it is you're goiOH SHIT NITORI THAT'S THE RIVER PULL UP PULL UP

*BLOOSH!*

You definitely heard the two of you splash down, but didn't feel any impact? And shouldn't you be underwater right now? Cautiously unsquinting one eye, peeking out at the situation. Yeah, you're underwater, there went a fish just now. The water is fairly clear, but those light veins must extend down here, so you can see but not very far. But you can't hear a thing, and you don't feel the water passing over you at all. For a second, you have the strong illusion that you're watching the whole thing on a screen somewhere, like one of those deep-sea documentaries on the Discovery Channel. It doesn't take long for you to be steered through a short, narrow tunnel near the riverbed and up into the open air again. Your feet are set on solid ground, but your legs aren't prepared to accept gravity just yet, so you fall forward to your knees, catching yourself with your hands. It isn't until right now that you realize you've been holding your breath, and you exhale loudly, panting there on all fours, staring at the floor while your body readjusts itself.

You hear Nitori land behind you, then skip ahead. Looking up, you see her spin around with her hands behind her back, grinning playfully. Seeing her from this angle, you can tell she's not quite as undeveloped as you thought she was back in the hall. "Betcha wish you'd kept 'em closed, now, huh?" With that sing-song proclamation, she turns and continues skipping forward through a door and out of sight.

Heh. You have to admit, she got you pretty good. Chuckling at yourself, you stand up and take a look around. Wherever you are, it's a damn mess. You see several tables set against, or mounted on, the walls, overflowing with tools and assorted contraptions; some of both are completely foreign to you, most of the latter look incomplete. The table in the center of the room is the worst, though, it doesn't even look like a table, just a huge, waist-high pile. A dismantled desktop computer sits in the middle, components scattered around it. "Hey," you call out to her, "where is this, anyway?"

"This?" The reply is distant. "Oh, this is just my secret workshop. Everybody has one down here. Make yourself comfortable, I'll be right there." Comfortable? Look around, you think you can see a chair under one pile over there.

[ ] Clear it off and take a seat.
[ ] Snoop around some.

+

[ ] "I couldn't help noticing I'm not wet. What's up with that?"
[ ] "Everybody has one of these? You mean the kappa?"
[ ] "How'd you know exactly where to go up there? Place looks like a maze to me."
[ ] "So, uh, how old are you, anyway?"
[ ] "Hey, I saw these weird veins in the rock earlier, you know anything about that?"
[ ] She's the one asking the questions, here.

===

That's it for now, gotta nap before running around. Maybe I'll write moar Nitori when I'm done with that, or maybe I'll work on something else... nyuhuhuhu...
>> No. 2179
[ ] Clear it off and take a seat.
[ ] "I couldn't help noticing I'm not wet. What's up with that?"
[ ] "Everybody has one of these? You mean the kappa?"
[ ] "How'd you know exactly where to go up there? Place looks like a maze to me."
[ ] "So, uh, how old are you, anyway?"
[ ] "Hey, I saw these weird veins in the rock earlier, you know anything about that?"

Wall us.
>> No. 2180
[ ] Snoop around some.

[ ] "I couldn't help noticing I'm not wet. What's up with that?"
[ ] "Everybody has one of these? You mean the kappa?"
[ ] "How'd you know exactly where to go up there? Place looks like a maze to me."
[ ] "So, uh, how old are you, anyway?"
[ ] "Hey, I saw these weird veins in the rock earlier, you know anything about that?"

WALL
>> No. 2181
File 121283956897.jpg - (366.54KB , 640x2880 , thatwackyhuman.jpg ) [iqdb]
2181
>>2174
>> No. 2182
[ ] Snoop around some.
>show interest

[ ] "I couldn't help noticing I'm not wet. What's up with that?"
[ ] "Everybody has one of these? You mean the kappa?"
[ ] "How'd you know exactly where to go up there? Place looks like a maze to me."
[ ] "So, uh, how old are you, anyway?"
[ ] "Hey, I saw these weird veins in the rock earlier, you know anything about that?"
>post wall
>> No. 2183
>>2181
nice tail
>> No. 2184
[ ] Clear it off and take a seat.
[ ] "I couldn't help noticing I'm not wet. What's up with that?"
[ ] "Hey, I saw these weird veins in the rock earlier, you know anything about that?"
But as a general principle:
[ ] She's the one asking the questions, here.
>> No. 2185
>>2181
Good thing I F5'd after breakfast, now I can laugh myself to sleep.

I honestly don't know how you keep doing it, man, but I'm glad you do. Thumbs up.
>> No. 2186
[x] Snoop around some.
[x] "I couldn't help noticing I'm not wet. What's up with that?"
[x] "How'd you know exactly where to go up there? Place looks like a maze to me."

All the kappa have secret labs? They're like an entire species of MAD SCIENTISTS.
>> No. 2187
>>2181
This was a triumph.
>> No. 2188
>>2181
God among anons
>> No. 2189
[X] Snoop around some.
[X] "I couldn't help noticing I'm not wet. What's up with that?"
[X] "Everybody has one of these? You mean the kappa?"
[X] "How'd you know exactly where to go up there? Place looks like a maze to me."
[X] "So, uh, how old are you, anyway?"
[X] "Hey, I saw these weird veins in the rock earlier, you know anything about that?"

My whole life was Unlimited Wall Works.
>> No. 2190
>>2181
That last panel gives me Yuka flashbacks.

"WHAT"
"Are you fucking STUPID?!"
>> No. 2191
[X] Snoop around some.
[X] "I couldn't help noticing I'm not wet. What's up with that?"
[X] "Everybody has one of these? You mean the kappa?"
[X] "How'd you know exactly where to go up there? Place looks like a maze to me."
[X] "So, uh, how old are you, anyway?"
[X] "Hey, I saw these weird veins in the rock earlier, you know anything about that?"

I agree. We need to ask a lot.
>> No. 2192
X] Snoop around some.
[X] "I couldn't help noticing I'm not wet. What's up with that?"
[X] "Everybody has one of these? You mean the kappa?"
[X] "How'd you know exactly where to go up there? Place looks like a maze to me."
[X] "So, uh, how old are you, anyway?"
[X] "Hey, I saw these weird veins in the rock earlier, you know anything about that?"

Did we forget to bring our spear?
>> No. 2193
>>2192
>Did we forget to bring our spear?
Uh...
...
...snap. I even wrote him as using both hands freely. SNAP. Well, I've been handed a plausible solution from elsewhere, so I'll go with that for now. And in the future, I'll try not to keep a better eye on it.

One wall, comin' up.
>> No. 2194
>I'll try not to keep a better eye on it.
Try TO. Try TO. Try TO.

Damn it, I haven't even started drinking yet.
>> No. 2195
>>2181

NEETengu?
>> No. 2196
>>2195
Sayo.
>> No. 2197
>>2196

So that's why that tengu looks so hittable.
>> No. 2198
File 121285732330.png - (10.26KB , 400x305 , ayawinkwink.png ) [iqdb]
2198
>>2197
>> No. 2199
>>2181

Christ. This drawfag is omnipotent.
>> No. 2200
File 121285755442.png - (46.48KB , 343x289 , 1208917508701.png ) [iqdb]
2200
>>2198

I see what you did there.
>> No. 2201
>>2126

X] Snoop around some.
[X] "I couldn't help noticing I'm not wet. What's up with that?"
[X] "Everybody has one of these? You mean the kappa?"
[X] "How'd you know exactly where to go up there? Place looks like a maze to me."
[X] "So, uh, how old are you, anyway?"
[X] "Hey, I saw these weird veins in the rock earlier, you know anything about that?"
>> No. 2202
Walking up to the nearest table (the floor in between them is remarkably clear), you start poking through the junk, leaning your spear against the... wait, your hand's empty. Now that you think about it, it was the whole flight, too. "Hey, Nitori? Where's my spear?"

"Up against the wall by the door." Huh. So it is. "Back in the hall, I figured it'd just get in the way, so I took it from you and stuck it on my backpack. Didn't mean to cause a panic, thought you'd noticed."

You should have, and probably would have, if you hadn't been... ahem. Change the subject. "You say everybody has one of these? You mean the kappa?" Even up close, you can't identify this stuff.

"Yeah, that's right. A race of tinkers, we."

"Are they all this unorganized?"

You can't hear her actually laughing, but you can mark it's passing in her voice. "No idea. They're all secret, you understand."

"Must be a pretty open secret, didn't see so much as a door coming in. No fear of espianoge?"

"Nah, honor system. Works good. And everybody knows, anything anybody makes'll be public knowledge before too long. We do so love to show off. But don't think I couldn't seal this place off if I wanted to."

Good to know, you guess. The next table looks like a failure repository; lots of bent metal and burnt wiring. Good for spare parts, maybe. Keep the conversation flowing, what else... ah! "I couldn't help noticing I'm not wet. What's up with that?"

"Glad you asked," she calls back proudly. "You, sir, have just helped field test my prototype personal forcefield generator. I knew it worked good on me, but I hadn't had a chance to try extending it before. Thanks, by the way."

"My pleasure. Personal forcefield, eh? Sounds pretty handy."

"Yeah, but it's not perfect, yet. Water's about all it's strong enough to keep off. Gotta find some way to boost the power output. And don't suggest magic, I already tried that."

That's probably about the last thing you would have suggested, actually. Not really such an outlandish idea, considering. Anyway. Next table has... is that a cell phone? And one of those tiny tape recorders. A pile of "outsider" artifacts, all pocket-sized. Interesting. You don't bother asking where they came from, if people can fall through the border, makes sense that stuff like this might get lost here, too. You snicker, briefly imagining a hill made of single socks in a plain somewhere. You continue your questioning. "How'd you know exactly where to go up there? Place looks like a maze to me."

"Home? Yeah, it is, kinda. Kappa actually drilled the whole place out, years 'n' years ago. Trouble was, they didn't really know where to stop. It looks a lot worse than it really is, though, most of the tunnels run into each other at some point. So long as you knew a general direction to go in, I bet you could find your way just fine. Hey, you like crusts on your sandwiches?"

Aha, so that's what she's been doing. "Doesn't matter to me."

"Great, I'll take 'em off, then. Don't like 'em, myself. Anyway, answer to your question's simple: I've got the whole layout memorized. Most kappa do. We're good at stuff like that. Tengu get around by their senses, you may have noticed they're pretty keen on that front."

"So, what, they smell their way?" You take your time at this table, sifting through everything. Hey, look, an iPod. Whoa, freeze. Back up. Is that your lighter?

"Dunno. You'd have to ask one of them to get a better idea than that." You only half hear her. It is, isn't it? Yeah, there's that dent in the side you never really remembered it getting. You pick it up and run your fingers over it, not quite sure how you're feeling right now. Nostalgic? That's not quite it. But seeing this old thing again does make you feel better somehow.

[ ] It's your's anyway, right? Slip it in your pocket.
[ ] Not like you have anything left to light. Put it back.
[ ] Ask Nitori about it.
>> No. 2203
[ ] Ask Nitori about it.
>> No. 2204
[ ] Ask Nitori about it.
>> No. 2205
[X] Ask Nitori about it.

Hey, kappa found our lighter. Sweet.

The damn thing probably still doesn't work at all.
>> No. 2206
[x] Ask Nitori if you can have it.
Setting stuff on fire is always useful.
>> No. 2207
[ ] Ask Nitori about it.

Nab the ipod if you can as well.
>> No. 2208
[ ] Ask Nitori about it.

Now all wew need are some fags.
>> No. 2209
{X} Ask Nitori about it.
>> No. 2210
File 121286091438.jpg - (463.66KB , 700x744 , nt1.jpg ) [iqdb]
2210
>>2173
Took me long enough to reply. lol.
Nitori's fanart is mostly showing her as petite because she's so fucking cute, no one can argue about that.
She's supposed to look like this (see pic)

also

[X] Ask Nitori about it.
>> No. 2211
[x] Ask Nitori about it.
>> No. 2212
>>2210
>see pic
Oh god, i think i just fell in love ;__;
[X] Ask Nitori about it.
[X] While genuflecting and holding her hand
>> No. 2213
File 121286125261.jpg - (76.69KB , 728x1001 , 1212762472502.jpg ) [iqdb]
2213
>>2212
She's one of my favorites!

[x] Ask Nitori about it.
>> No. 2214
[x] It's your's anyway, right? Slip it in your pocket.

Nitori agreed, don't bother her about it
>> No. 2215
[x] Ask Nitori about it.
>> No. 2216
>>2210
Oh, well. We'll just say she's short, then, and call thaHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGHH

>>2213
Holy shit, that is awesome.

Winner should be fairly obvious. Got lunch in the oven, build the second half of that wall in between bites.
>> No. 2217
File 12128624597.jpg - (279.41KB , 1020x765 , yuyuscience.jpg ) [iqdb]
2217
>>2216

Even awesome-er.
>> No. 2218
File 121286257115.png - (205.04KB , 640x480 , 06d32eccf7da70f71b6dd890393680d4.png ) [iqdb]
2218
>>2216

We all want to ride Nitori's cucumber.
>> No. 2219
>>2126
>"Yeah, but it's not perfect, yet. Water's about all it's strong enough to keep off. Gotta find some way to boost the power output. And don't suggest magic, I already tried that."

Maybe a divine artifact could boost the power?

Or go nuclear.
>> No. 2220
Had to go out and mow a yard, writing was delayed accordingly. Begins now in earnest.
>> No. 2221
File 121287614246.jpg - (562.68KB , 1070x1515 , 1212627257497.jpg ) [iqdb]
2221
Cúchulainn is a pretty charismatic guy. I'm sure he could somehow combine routes....
>> No. 2222
>>2221

Get on IRC Doujin, I wanna talk with you.
>> No. 2223
File 121287694370.jpg - (283.23KB , 809x504 , e001fde67af115cd4addffa03a537fcb.jpg ) [iqdb]
2223
Keeping your eyes on the item in question, you shout over your shoulder, "Nitori, where'd you get this lighter?"

"I dunno. Which one?"

"The, uh..." There are quite a few of them here, now that you look again. "...the metal one."

A pause. "That... doesn't really narrow it down much." Her voice sounds closer, so you turn around to see her come back through the door, a tray balanced in one hand and a small folding table in the other. As she whips the table open with the one hand and sets it down in the space between the center table and the door, you hold the lighter out for her to see. "Oh, that one? Fell in a stream right by me while I was pla-- I mean, uh, gathering samples the other day." She sets the tray down on the table; two tall glasses with straws in them, holding some lightish-red liquid, and two white bread sandwiches, crustless and diagonally cut. Straightening up, she faces you and finishes her thought. "Why do you ask?"

Your grip on the lighter tightens involuntarily. "I'm pretty sure it's mine. I... sort of dropped it while I was climbing up the mountain."

Nitori's face looks shocked. "Are you serious? That means you must've come in right above me. Aw, damn, if I'd know that, I'd have flown up and met you. Coulda gotten a whole lot done." She sighs and shrugs, c'est la vie. "Well, you want it back, go ahead. I've got plenty." Thanking her, you drop the lighter into your pocket. Your hand freezes there as she turns around and bends over to clear off a chair. Mmmm... and you thought she was a little girl? The smile you didn't realize was on your face is quickly wiped off of yours and onto hers when she turns around and notices the hand in your pocket. An eyebrow is added. "Anything *else* you'd like to ask me?"

Poker face, poker face! And get that hand out of there! "So, uh, how old are you, anyway?"

...smooth. She smirks, but doesn't laugh. "Let's just say, I'm old enough." She shifts her weight to one leg and puts a hand on the portruded hip, still smirking at you. "Y'know, I brought you down here for an examination, but it seems more like I'm the one under the microscope."

"Oh! Er... sorry."

Now she laughs, dispelling your concerns as she stands back up straight and moves the now-empty chair up to the tiny table. "Just clear off a chair and sit a spell. And don't you worry about where the stuff lands, 'cause I sure won't." Looking around behind you, you spot another set of legs sticking out from under a pile and move over to it. On a sudden brainwave, you stop half a body length away and bend down low, sweeping away the detritus with one hand, shaking your hips around just enough to be noticeable while you do it. Her eyes move back up to yours when you turn around. She grins at you, you grin right back, and she giggles while you push the chair over. "Mr. Chulainn, I do believe I like you," she says, giving you the old 'bedroom eyes' routine. "It really is too bad I couldn't have met you yesterday..."

"One day? You sure don't mess around," you joke as you move the chair into place and sit.

"We kappa don't believe in letting opportunities pass us by." Then, clapping her hands to signal a subject change, she picks up a sandwich half and one of the glasses. "But enough fooling around. Dig in!" As you pick out your share, she adds, "We'll get around to you after lunch. Anything else you want to get off your chest, go ahead."

You think about this as you take a bite of sandwich. Some kind of fish paste with cucumber. Not bad at all. The drink is still unknown, but really good: the taste is fruity, not too sweet, very refreshing. Another question occurs to you when your mouth is clear again. "Hey, I saw these weird veins in the rock earlier, you know anything about that?"

Nitori stops chewing for a second as she looks at you, speaking around the food. "You saw those? Where?"

"Yeah, in the hall on the way to Lord Tenma. Had to kind of squint to see them, but they were there all right. You do know something, don't you?"

She finishes chewing and swallows, thinking for a moment before she answers. "Those... those are a secret."

You grin easily and lean across the table. "A secret, eh? C'mon, you can tell me."

"No. I'm serious." Whoa. She looks it, too. "Thank you for telling me where you saw them, I'll pass that along without mentioning your name, but don't. Tell. ANYone else about this. All right?"

You back up and raise your hands, . "All right, all right. I understand. I didn't see anything." While Nitori relaxes, standing down from alert mode, you include a "Sorry."

"No need to apologize," she says, smiling at you. "You had no way of knowing. I'm just glad you told me. But, hey, don't be afraid to ask about something else."

"Hm... I think that's all I got, actually." You finish off one sandwich half and reach for another. "Lunch is good, though."

"Thanks. I make the fish stuff myself." She pops the last bite of her first half into her mouth and washes it down before continuing. "Drink's the creation of a friend. Gotten really popular all down the river. She'd really like to sell it in the human village, but, well..." Her expression turns sad as she takes the last piece of sandwich and chews on it slowly.

"But what?" You ask with gentle concern.

Nitori shrugs and shakes her head. "They're afraid of us. We're youkai. Humans and kappa used to be on such good terms, but somewhere along the way, they forgot about us. But we've never forgotten about them." She looks up at you, tears forming in the corners of her eyes. This sudden display of emotion has you kind of off guard. "Have you ever been there, to the village? No, never mind, of course you haven't. But if you ever do go there, you'll see a big statue of a dragon in the middle of the market square. Kappa built that and gave it to the humans, right after the Hakurei Border was erected, a symbol of our everlasting friendship." She laughs mirthlessly. "Last I heard, they'd taken it as some kind of idol and started worshipping it daily. They really have no idea where it came from anymore."

Man. This is serious business to her. Frankly, you're at a loss for what to do, but feel you have to do something. "Hey, hey, cheer up." That was lame. Uh... "Tell your friend from me, she ever gets this stuff out there, she'll have to triple production to keep up with the demand."

She laughs and wipes her eyes. Looks like that was the right thing to say. "Thanks, Chu. I think that'll mean a lot to her, too."

"No problem," you smile at her. "And friends call me Ku-chan."

"Thanks again... Ku-chan." She smiles back at you. Then, a light goes on behind her eyes. "Hey, hey. You wanna help test out something else for me real quick?"

Oh? "Sure, why not. Guinea pigging's why I'm here, right?"

Without another word, Nitori drops her half-eaten sandwich and dashes through the door. A second later, she's back, holding what looks like an old glass cola bottle filled with something green and carbonated, stopped up with a small cork which she removes before offering it to you. "Here, here, try this, and tell me what you think. Be honest."

Glad to see her mood so improved, you take the bottle with a smile. "Okie dokie, then. Down the hatch!" You put the bottle to your lips, throw your head back and drink... and immediately throw your head back down and get the bottle as far away from your mouth as inconspicuously possible. The liquid is still fizzing in your mouth. You taste cucumbers. You taste sugar. And. That's. It. Forcing the concoction down your throat while maintaining a straight face brings sweat to your brow.

Nitori is watching you closely, face alight. "Well? Well? How is it?"

[ ] "D... delicious."
[ ] "It could, um, use a little work."
[ ] "YUK."
>> No. 2224
>>2221
Can anyone explain to me the reasoning behind this couple to me? Even as crack pairings go, Hina x Nitori just seems... kinda random.
>> No. 2225
[ ] "It could, um, use a little work."
>> No. 2226
[ ] "It could, um, use a little work."

You did NOT just go there, Tetro!
>> No. 2227
[ ] "It could, um, use a little work."
>> No. 2228
[] "It could, um, use a little work."

Cucumber beer?
>> No. 2229
[ ] "D... delicious."

Because, from their perspective, it would be.
>> No. 2230
[ ] "It could, um, use a little work."

>>2224

A coupling that makes no sense? NO WAY
>> No. 2231
[ ] "It could, um, use a little work."
>> No. 2232
[X] "It could, um, use quite a bit of work."

She did ask.
>> No. 2233
[z] "It could, um, use a little work."
>> No. 2234
>>2224
Dunno but it's cute.


[ ] "It could, um, use a little work."
>> No. 2235
{X} "It could, um, use a little work."
>> No. 2236
>>2224
Hina is the personification (or product) of hina-nagashi, dolls that are floated downriver to take the curses, misfortune, and bad spirits away.

Nitori is a kappa, and kappa traditionally live underwater in rivers.

Hina's the stage 2 boss (approaching the river), Nitori's the stage 3 boss (at the river). I think it's the river connection.

[+] "It could, um, use a little work."
>> No. 2237
>>2229
Yeah, but she's testing this on you as a possible competitor with the fruit drink for human business. I guess I didn't make that too clear, my bad.

>>2236
Hmm, maybe. Still dunno if I could build a route on that, though. We'll see.

Work, work, work. Write, write, write.
>> No. 2238
>>2237
>Work, work, work. Write, write, write.

DAMN RIGHT
>> No. 2239
>>2237
I have to say cucumber pepsy isn't so bad.
Got a friend from japan to send me a can (amongst other stuff in a package)
I thought it'll be horrendous and tried it for the lulz.
Turns out pretty good actually, a whole fucking lot better than grape Fanta for example.

[X] "It could, um, use a little work."
>> No. 2240
[ ] "It could, um, use a little work."

Honesty, best policy. Also Nitori is awesome!
>> No. 2241
>No, never mind, of course you haven't. But if you ever do go there, you'll see a big statue of a dragon in the middle of the market square. Kappa built that and gave it to the humans, right after the Hakurei Border was erected, a symbol of our everlasting friendship.

A symbol that brainfucks tengu-molesting war weterans
>> No. 2242
You swallow again, trying to wash the taste off of your tongue. "It could, um, use a little work."

"Work? Okay." Nitori reaches into one of the pockets on her skirt and takes out a small notepad and pencil stub. "Like what?"

"Less cucumber." Scribble, scribble. "And less sugar." Scribble, scrib--

She furrows her brow at you. "But that's pretty much less of everything that's in it."

"Y, yeah." You'd noticed. That's the problem. Please, please get that on your own. You really don't want to be the one to tell her.

Success! Realization washes over her face. "I see... so you're saying it needs something more?"

Close enough! "Yes!" Whoops, that sounded a little too enthused. "I mean, couldn't hurt... right?"

She nods, scribbling down notes excitedly. "Right, right... definitely something to think about. Thanks a ton!" Putting the notebook and pencil away, she takes the bottle from you and walks back through the door with it. You stuff the whole rest of your sandwich into your mouth to soak up the rest of that bizarre soda. You're still chewing on it when she comes back and sits at the table again. As you slurp the last of your fruit drink through the straw, then empty the cup into your mouth to chase down that mass of sandwich, she asks you straight, "You like hers better, don't you?"

Gulping the last of it all down, you reply sheepishly. "Well... yeah."

"That's fine. That's just fine." She puts her hands on the table and stretches her arms, leaning back in her chair with a smile. "I don't mind a challenge. I can count on you to try out the next batch, yeah?"

"Y-yeah..." You can hardly wait.

The next minute or so passes in relative silence, as Nitori finishes her share of the food and takes the tray and folding table back into the kitchen (you presume). Returning, she claps her hands again. "And now: the main course." Finding a larger notepad on the central table and taking a ball point pen out of another pocket, she sits back down in the chair opposite you and clicks the pen open. "Right. Let's begin at the beginning. How did you first learn to fly?"

So, you tell her all about it. The short history of your other new abilities, Kanako's encouragement and Sanae's analogy, the ball in your chest and the empty feeling around it, the burst of speed, the new connection in your mind. All through it, she writes like a demon, flipping through two filled pages even though you doubt everything you've said could fill up even one, not interrupting, just nodding occasionally. It doesn't take too long for you to finish, but even after you've stopped speaking, she's still scratching down notes for a while. Finally, she sets the pad and pen down on the floor next to her chair and stands up, crossing past you to root around through the first pile you'd inspected earlier. Picking out a long black device attached to a handle, she flips a switch on it and two thin probes snap up at right angles from the top on either side. Suddenly, Minoriko's tale of her encounter with the tengu comes back to mind.

"All right," she says evenly. "Strip down, please."

[ ] Do what she says, pants and all.
[ ] Just take off your shirt.
[ ] Refuse to move until she explains exactly what she has in mind.
>> No. 2243
[ ] Back away slowly. "What do you plan to do with that?"
>> No. 2244
[ ] Just take off your shirt.
[ ] Flex.
>> No. 2245
[x] Back away slowly. "What do you plan to do with that?"
>> No. 2246
[ ] Back away slowly. "What do you plan to do with that?"
>> No. 2247
[X] Just take off your shirt.
Ask her to explain if that isn't sufficient. Very cautiously.
>> No. 2248
[X] Just take off your shirt.
[X] Flex.

Nitori is sweet, but I will be damned if I let her probe Ku-chan's ass.
>> No. 2249
[X] Just take off your shirt.
[X] Flex.
>> No. 2250
[ ] Do what she says, pants and all.

My how EROTIC.
>> No. 2251
[X] Just remove your shirt.
[X] "What are you planning to do with that, exactly?"
>> No. 2252
[x] Just take off your shirt.
[x] Flex.

Fearless.
>> No. 2253
{X} Just take off your shirt.
{X} Flex.
Distract her. :<
>> No. 2254
[X] Just take off your shirt.
[X] Flex.
>> No. 2255
[X] Just remove your shirt.
[X] "What are you planning to do with that, exactly?
>> No. 2256
>>2242
[ ] Just take off your shirt.
>> No. 2257
[x] Just take off your shirt.
[x] Flex.

Bitch better be prepared to face the consequences.
>> No. 2258
[x] Do what she says, pants and all.

Bend over and take it like a man, Cu-chan
>> No. 2259
[x] Just take off your shirt.
[x] FLEX.
>> No. 2260
[x] Just take off your shirt.
[x] FLEX.

Blame it all on YAF.
>> No. 2261
Shirt removal is far and away the primary favorite, with muscle flexing over plan confirming as a secondary action. The will of the peoples.
>> No. 2262
File 121289326783.png - (145.74KB , 550x450 , 121109263689.png ) [iqdb]
2262
"Okay..." You lift your shirt over your head, a little uneasy until another brainwave hits you. Taking it off, you spin it around by your side in one hand.

"How's..."

Timing the release, you fling the shirt in her direction with a snap of the wrist, already moving into position.

"...THIS!!"

Body turned sideways, one foot ahead of the other, both knees bent. One arm curled in front of you, fist pointing back at your head, the other bent behind in a mirror reversal of the other, fist pointed away. Head facing Nitori, the pose is complete, and with a sharp exhalation - "HUT!" - you flex every muscle in your upper body, straining so hard they feel like they're trying to burst through your skin and escape. Your mouth is pressed so tight from the effort, your lips vanish completely.

The shirt hits the contraption in her hands and slides off onto the floor, but her only reaction is to nod once. "Perfect. Hold that pose, please."

Shit. That table got turned in a hurry. But dropping it would be a clear admission of defeat, and so you stand there and try not to shake too badly from the exertion. She takes her time walking back over to you, pushing buttons and fiddling with knobs, calibrating her instrument, then running it slowly around your chest and arms, the twin probes flicking further up and twitching towards you like insect antennae. Just when you think she's done, she flips a few more switches and starts again on your back and legs. Spots begin filling your vision like a burned film. Your head swims. What could be taking her so long? Everything's going dark...

"Very good. That's all I need."

PWAAAAAHH. Every muscle releases at once, and its probably a miracle that you don't collapse then and there. But somehow, you manage to stand upright, chest heaving, while Nitori messes with the machine a little more. Looking up at you for a moment, she smiles slightly. "Good job," she says, and reaches one hand into a pocket until you hold up one of your own to stop her.

"I should give you fair warning," you manage before having to pause for breath. "If you're reaching for a cookie, or a piece of cheese, or something like that to give to me... I'm not above hitting you right now."

Gauging your face for a moment, she slowly takes the hand back out and snaps the flap shut, returning to her calculations without another word. You take a step back and lean against the wall, still panting, while you wait for her to finish. After a long series of clicks and bleeps, she sets the machine down on the central table, pushes some stuff on the surface back out of the way and hops up to sit on it, legs dangling, looking at you level in the eye. "Do you know how to danmaku?"

That word again. Where'd you hear it before? Oh, right, Kanako on the shrine roof. "No, I still don't really have any idea what it is, even."

She nods again, hrmming thoughtfully. Half-turning, she picks something up from the table, looks like a large screw, and holds it in the crook of one index finger, thumb ready to flick it forward. As you watch, the screw becomes hidden, the center of a ball of yellow light. What the hell?

"Hold still, please."

[ ] Dodge.
[ ] Grab for your spear.
[ ] "What the hell?"

===

Barghl. I can't focus. It's getting hard to type. I may not be falling asleep, but I'm in no shape to write at the moment. See you guys here tomorrow sometime, maybe.
>> No. 2263
[ ] "What the hell?"
>> No. 2264
[ ] "What the hell?"
>> No. 2265
[ ] "What the hell?"
>> No. 2266
File 121289419640.png - (9.76KB , 201x238 , omg.png ) [iqdb]
2266
{X} "What the hell?"
>> No. 2267
[x] Graze
>> No. 2268
[x] Use a bomb.
>> No. 2269
[ ] Grab for your spear.
[ ] "What the hell?"

We can do both, right?
>> No. 2270
[x] Graze
>> No. 2271
[x] BRACE FOR IMPACT
>> No. 2272
[ ] Graze
>> No. 2273
[X] "What the hell?"
[X] Graze
>> No. 2274
[x] Semen Danmaku
>> No. 2275
>>2274
Totally right place, totally wrong time. *insert Nitori-workshop-H-scene preview here*
>> No. 2276
[x] Graze

She told us not to move; doesn't mean we can't manipulate our hitbox.
>> No. 2277
[x] Graze

>>2223
>"Are you serious? That means you must've come in right above me. Aw, damn, if I'd know that, I'd have flown up and met you. Coulda gotten a whole lot done."
I'm thinking that next playthrough...
We should head on down.
Down to the river to plaaaay~
>> No. 2278
[x] Graze
>> No. 2279
>>2262

[X] GAATZ!
>> No. 2280
[ ] Hold shift to focus
[x] Graze
>> No. 2281
[x] OBORO BARRIER!
>> No. 2282
>>2281
Well, we could use Shameimaru/-barrier since she obviously followed us to take pictures of our "examination" (if she didn't drown in the river, trying to get here)
>> No. 2283
File 121294377955.jpg - (657.77KB , 834x1200 , normal_warm_winter_07.jpg ) [iqdb]
2283
>BARRIER
>barrier
>> No. 2284
[X] "What the hell?"
[X] Graze
>> No. 2285
[+] "What the hell?"
>> No. 2286
>>2283
Much to tsuntsun at the moment to work.
>> No. 2287
[x] Graze
>> No. 2293
[x] Bomb.
>> No. 2294
[x] Graze
>> No. 2295
[x] Glaze
>> No. 2296
[x] Press Z or R twice
>> No. 2297
>>2296
I can't believe I didn't think of that one.
>> No. 2298
>>2296
>>2297

Hurrr

>"Hold still, please."
>> No. 2299
>>2298

Enjoy your laser enema.
>> No. 2300
>>2299
Enema is not difficult.
>> No. 2302
Tetro, despair, etc.
>> No. 2304
File 121311146319.gif - (3.33KB , 165x173 , app_detail_sci.gif ) [iqdb]
2304
>> No. 2305
Tetro! Why have you forsaken us?
>> No. 2306
>>2305
Isn't it obvious? A) he's a writefag b) writefags live off of our despair, thus, Tetro lives off our despair. He's like a vampire, just for despair, like a despire.
>> No. 2307
>>2305

Teeeetroo! (Teetrooo!)
Teeeetroo! (Teetrooo!)
Tetro into your hands, I commend my fapping!
Tetro into your hands, Why Have You--
FORSAAAKEEEEN MEEEE
IN YOUR STORY FORSAAAKENN MEEEE
IN YOUR POSTS FORSAAAKENNNN MMEEEEEEE
I'll truuuust in myyyyyy, beautiful Lake suicide!
I cry, when Tengu deserve to dieeee!
>> No. 2308
>>2307
I lol'd. mildly.
>> No. 2309
>>2308
WRONG
The appropriate reply to that would be GET BACK TO WORK NIGGER
>> No. 2310
>>2309
even in your Tsukkomi, F.O.E.!
>> No. 2311
Still in despair.
>> No. 2312
>>2311

rate your despair from 1 to 10

1---------------------------------------------10
disappointment suicide
>> No. 2313
>>2312

I am contemplating becoming an hero.
>> No. 2314
I'm emanating a cloud of despair. My housplant has started to wither as a result.
>> No. 2315
>>2312
I'm using it to fuel my writing.
>> No. 2316
>>2312

I think I could make despair danmaku by now. Just little wisps of BLACK DESPAIR BEING SHOT AT YOU.
>> No. 2317
>>2316
ZUN is so going to steal this idea.
>> No. 2318
>>2316
Itoshiki-sensei as a boss? Interesting...
>> No. 2319
>>2316
I can see it now.

Wisps of black, spewing from the boss' anguished mouth, chasing you across the screen, then encircling you like a noose and closing in.

...GET BACK TO WORK, TETRO!
>> No. 2320
File 121337145288.jpg - (152.20KB , 1500x1500 , 19104.jpg ) [iqdb]
2320
Misamerie Kasami
Power: Manipulation of Despair
She lives underneath the human village, in the tunnels made long ago by the Kappa race. Having lost her human lover a long time ago, she wails in her own sadness, living alone in those dark corridors. Sometimes she comes outside, only to bring despair to those that have never experienced it. Just to show them that life isn't necessarily a series of happy events.
>> No. 2321
>>2320

Sounds like a Mexican folk tale to me.
>> No. 2322
There are now more posts of DESPAIR at the end of this thread than there have been story updates over the last two threads.

9/10, Tetro. Would have been perfect if you popped in here a bit more to say things totally unrelated to the story, just to get Anon's hopes up.
>> No. 2323
The ending trend as I've seen it seems to be: "Good End" is good, while "True End" is maybe everybody survives but the milk still goes sour. I can't get behind that; to me, "Good End" just sounds good enough, while whenever I hear "True End", I keep thinking of happily-ever-after fairy tale endings, because I'm a Goddamn hopeless Pollyanna.

Anyway, this not writing shtick has gotten stale. Day 3 is on the horizon. Mystia...!
>> No. 2324
>>2323
Within 100 minutes, showing that you've been around and checking the thread this whole time!
10/10!
>> No. 2325
>>2323

GET THE FUCK BACK TO WORK NIGGER.
>> No. 2326
>>2323

TETROMINON/
>> No. 2327
>>2323

True End is usually bittersweet, but makes more sense than the Good End and reveals everything.
>> No. 2328
Hold still? Why? What is she going to do now? Is this light danmaku? Or the screw? And if it's the one, then what's with the other? What does any of this have to do with being able to fly? In a flash, Nitori's thumb is extended, flicking the screw, light & all, towards you at a greater speed than you think should be possible from so simple a movement. Questions are stopped, and all thought focuses on a solution. You hesitated only a moment thinking about it, but even that was too long. It's moving too fast, you can't dodge out of the way in time. Your spear is within arm's reach, but you doubt that it would do you much good. Wait... fast. Now you remember. You can move fast, too. Plowing through a few worries about the height of the ceiling, you concentrate down the connection to your center, grab hold of it and pull upwards.

The effect does not go just as planned. The center moves, grudgingly, but you do not. That strange illusionary ball sensation goes from a mostly unoccupied spot in your chest into the middle of one lung. Your body is lost on how to react to this, trying to compensate for a blockage that isn't really there; orders to try and clear it by inhaling deeply overlap with orders to expel it by coughing, with the final result being that you stop breathing entirely. In the midst of this confusion, your eyes follow the screw as it hits you just below the heart and bounces off harmlessly. The attached ball of light, you see actually continue to move, entering your chest with a short, sharp click and dissipating instantly, in all not unlike a charge of static electricity.

Somewhere, the second hand on a watch ticks forward once.

"Good." Nitori hops down off the table and turns to pick up her probing device again. In the meantime, your lungs override all other priorities and force themselves to work again. By force of will, you manage to avoid passing out from hyperventilation, but you still slide a little down the wall from dizziness, one hand clutching outside where you can feel the center now. Turning back around, Nitori sees the state you're in and rushes over to shake you, clinically concerned. "Hey! Are you hurt? What happened?"

"I'm fine, I..." You're gasp for air one last time, gradually getting back into a rhythm. "I guess I panicked... tried to fly out of the way, that dash I told you about, but... I stayed put, and the center's in my lung now, so..."

"You great dope," she sighs, shaking her head and letting her impartiality slip for a moment, "didn't I tell you not to move? Still, being able to move it like that in your condition could be a step forward." She helps you to your feet and brings the device to bear on you again.

[ ] Push it away. "Look, I'm sorry, but I really ought to be going..."
[ ] Push it away. "Hang on. What about my condition? What are you even reading with this thing?"
[ ] Just let the girl work, surely she knows what she's doing.
>> No. 2329
>>2328
[ ] Push it away. "Hang on. What about my condition? What are you even reading with this thing?"
>> No. 2330
[X] Let the girl work, surely she knows what she's doing, but ask her "Hang on. What about my condition? What are you even reading with this thing?"
>> No. 2331
[X] Let the girl work, surely she knows what she's doing, but ask her "Hang on. What about my condition? What are you even reading with this thing?"
>> No. 2332
[x] "Give me a minute to catch my breath first."
>> No. 2333
[X] Let the girl work, surely she knows what she's doing, but ask her "Hang on. What about my condition? What are you even reading with this thing?"
>> No. 2334
[x] Push it away. "Hang on. What about my condition? What are you even reading with this thing?"

I grow bored of the Kappa, but my pedagogic side demands answers.
>> No. 2335
[X] Let the girl work, surely she knows what she's doing, but ask her "Hang on. What about my condition? What are you even reading with this thing?"

>>2334
>I grow bored of the Kappa
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 2336
[X] Let the girl work, surely she knows what she's doing, but ask her "Hang on. What about my condition? What are you even reading with this thing?"
>> No. 2337
[X] Let the girl work, surely she knows what she's doing, but ask her "Hang on. What about my condition? What are you even reading with this thing?"

Happy days are here again.
>> No. 2338
[X] Let the girl work, surely she knows what she's doing, but ask her "Hang on. What about my condition? What are you even reading with this thing?"
>> No. 2339
Writing.
>> No. 2340
>>2339
Impossible.
>> No. 2341
>>2339
well, he did anyway.
>> No. 2342
Sorry, folks. Derailed myself for a while by starting a shitstorm on IRC.

===

Dutifully, you take half a step away from the wall and stand up straight while Nitori waves her clunky tricorder wand thing around you again. But with the crisis passed, the questions are starting to come back, and your body fidgets from trying to keep them inside. After a little while, you give up trying and just ask them.

"Hang on. What about my condition?" Nitori pauses her movements and looks up at you, slightly annoyed. You reflect this back at her, waving one hand at the thing in hers. "What are you even reading with that thing?"

She stares at you for another couple of seconds before she switches the machine off and moves back to her seat on the table. "Those are simple questions," she says as she hoists herself up to face you, "but the answers aren't. I can *try* to summarize for you, but a proper explanation of the properties at work here would take a while. Maybe two."

[ ] Take the summary.
[ ] Settle in for the long form.
[ ] Skip the whole thing.
>> No. 2343
>>2342
[ ] Settle in for the long form.

WALL
>> No. 2344
[X] Settle in for the long form.

Oh ho, why not wall us?
>> No. 2345
[ ] Settle in for the long form.
>> No. 2346
[x] Settle in for the long form.

I LOVE SCIENCE, NITORI
>> No. 2347
[X] Settle in for the long form.
>> No. 2348
[x] Take the summary.

Gift horse, mouth, etc. A summary will do fine and be less work for Tetro and us.
>> No. 2349
[x] Take the summary.
>> No. 2350
[x] Take the summary.
Kappa technobabble includes too much magic in it
>> No. 2351
[x] Settle in for the long form.

What has science done?
>> No. 2352
[x] Settle in for the long form.

Stay here longer, make Sanaru more jealous.
>> No. 2353
>>2343
Wall us, Tetro.

[x] Settle in for the long form.
>> No. 2354
[+] Settle in for the long form.
Hooray!
>> No. 2355
I still don't get this thing about calling Sanae "Sanaru".
>> No. 2356
>>2355

I don't get it either, but I like it. It reminds me of Summon Night, though.
>> No. 2357
>>2356

Oh Summon Night. You and your canon lesbians.
>> No. 2358
File 121343076675.jpg - (5.71KB , 160x120 , th_WhatHasScienceDone.jpg ) [iqdb]
2358
[ ] Settle in for the long form.

SCIENCE!
>> No. 2359
>>2355

Love Hina, Naru, etc
>> No. 2360
>>2356

Better-looking than Sanaery. But Sanary isn't a lesbian, she's a massive tsundere.

... oh, right, if you play as a girl, then... Ohohoho.
>> No. 2361
[ ] Settle in for the long form.

Ridiculously long star trek explanation GO!
>> No. 2362
[X] Back to Sanaru
>> No. 2363
>>2357

A Hajimari no Ishi translation patch is still being actively worked on, apparently.

Maybe we'll get it before the Mother 3 patch is done.
>> No. 2364
[x] Settle in for the long form.

Yeah. Sit and stew, Sanae. Sit and stew.
>> No. 2365
I'm still deciding how much of an asshole I want to be about this.
>> No. 2366
File 121346432486.jpg - (65.96KB , 462x538 , cad5ee8fbaf8c7c3a9d34b8b5cf17692.jpg ) [iqdb]
2366
>>2365
We love Nitori. Nitori loves SCIENCE.

Therefore, WE LOVE SCIENCE.
>> No. 2367
>>2365
Kappa is loev, therefore you don't want to be an ass hole.

I beg you, make Sanae = Naru or make Chu gay. But don't make Nitori angry at us, she is a precious water flower.
>> No. 2368
>>2365

If you didn't want us to pick long form, why did you include it as an option at all instead of just going ahead and having her summarize?

Tell you what, I'm bored today since HY vanished. If you really don't want to write the wall, just say so and I'll throw something up in an hour or so.
>> No. 2369
>>2368
>If you didn't want us to pick long form, why did you include it as an option at all instead of just going ahead and having her summarize?
That's actually what I was going to do with the post originally, but then I was distracted for so long I tacked on the choice just to get something out. A bad decision on my part. I didn't mean that I was going to punish you (the readers) somehow just for voting to make me write a lot, not at all. My wording probably couldn't have been less clear, and I apologize for making it seem that way. The choice would have had later consequences, and it was to the severity of these that I was actually referring.

But, anyway. As the eagle eyes among you may have guessed from the verb tense just now, I'm wussing out and going with the summary. But even that may end up somewhat wallish, without the consequences, so everybody wins. Sort of. Maybe. I guess. Whatever.
>> No. 2370
>>2367
>I beg you, make Sanae = Naru
FUCK NO
OH SWEET MERCIFUL CHRIST, DO NOT DO THIS THING, TETRO! I BEG OF YOU!

Naru was a bitchy, hateful, stupid, cliched, irritating, useless, joyless, wretched pile of fail, godawfulness, fail, cliche, fail, and the worst, most fucking horribly WORST kind of tsundere ever: the kind that reacts overly violently, and NEVER CHANGES UNTIL THE LAST FUCKING EPISODE. NO CHANGE AT ALL IN HER CHARACTER. *NONE.* HER DERE LASTS ONLY A MATTER OF SECONDS, AND IT'S GONE BY THE NEXT EPISODE COMPLETELY.
NARU IS SHIT.
*ALL* OF LOVE HINA IS SHIT.

...except for sweet, loving, Mutsumi; the one girl who was sweet, kind, loving, generous, and probably the only one deserving of love in that show.

Please Tetro.
Listen not to the wretched Scornbeast.

And if he was joking, then that's not something to joke about.
>> No. 2371
>>2370

Second.
>> No. 2372
>>2369
Is it still worse for us this way?

>>*ALL* OF LOVE HINA IS SHIT.

>>...except for sweet, loving, Mutsumi and Motoko and Shinobu.

Fix'd

And yeah, Sanaru would make for a really frustrating game.
>> No. 2373
File 121348139667.png - (57.15KB , 197x202 , lovehina.png ) [iqdb]
2373
>>2372

>LOVE HINA
>> No. 2374
>>2373
And all of /youkai/ was summarized in two unexpected words.
>> No. 2375
File 121348195614.jpg - (384.63KB , 750x700 , ae2595ccd070edea10215a92cae0e5c4.jpg ) [iqdb]
2375
>>2373

>NITORI LOVE HINA
>> No. 2376
>>2370
I didn't even recognize the reference. I've only read one chapter of Love Hina in my life, and that was enough for me, so yeah. Chill.

>>2372
Worse how? You mean those consequences? Nah.

Anyway, hair's been cut, day is otherwise clear. SCIENCE!
>> No. 2377
>>2352 here

Sorry for saying Sanaru guys
>> No. 2378
>>2377
You're forgiven, as long as you join us in calling her Shanae.
>> No. 2379
>>2372
>sweet, loving Motoko and Shinobu.
hahahahaaa
Nigga are you high?

Shinobu was a pointless obligatory loli who served no purpose and wasn't even cute.

Motoko was a harsh, unforgiving cunt, second only to Naru in her vast bitchitude.
But at least her voice was hot.

>>2373
Only a monster would not.

>>2378
I don't get it. What do you m--OH, HELL NO.

>>2375
D'awwwwww.
>> No. 2380
>>2378
QUEEN OF TSUNDERE, DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH DEREDERE?
>> No. 2381
>>2378
SHANAEMARU!
>> No. 2382
>>2379
>Motoko was a harsh, unforgiving cunt, second only to Naru in her vast bitchitude.
But at least her voice was hot.

Shut your whore mouth, read the manga, then we'll talk.
>> No. 2383
Are there updates to be had?
>> No. 2384
>>2383
I thought I had this all figured okay, but now that I'm trying to spell it out, small details keep tripping me. On the upside, I'll only have to write it once. On the downside... you'd be better off F5ing somewhere else for tonight.
>> No. 2385
>>2382
>But at least she had actual character development.
>> No. 2386
>>2382
Fuck a garden of rakes, good sir.

I would never willingly torture myself with Ken Akamatsu's perpetual LOL HAREM shit. Ever.
>> No. 2387
>>2386
Then you are on the wrong site entirely.

And your opinion is invalid, since - having not read the manga - you do not know the actual Love Hina. Pick it up at volume 9, and work your way onwards - none of that material was ever shown in the anime.

>>2384
>no update yet, lol
FFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 2388
File 121351438432.png - (58.01KB , 425x291 , 1193994081431.png ) [iqdb]
2388
>>2387
Akamatsu is required reading for a Touhou board twice-removed from /a/?

...Man, you almost had me going there. 8/10.
>> No. 2389
>>2388
I don't give a shit about /a/. Akamatsu is required reading for speaking about Akamatsu's works.
Read Love Hina as recommended above. If, after that, you still hate it, then fine - at least you'd not be speaking from ignorance.
>> No. 2390
>>2388
Even though I agree with your opinion, to talk about something you don't have any knowledge of...

That seems a bit...
>> No. 2391
>>2389
I was just responding to
>Then you are on the wrong site entirely.
If that was some kind of bizarre automatic-writing typo, that's cool. I thought you meant to write it.

>>2390
Sounds like he watched the anime and was talking about the anime.
>> No. 2392
>>2391
Wait a minute, how many people are involved in this conversation anyway? Who's who? I'm sort of lost.

Ahhhhh, screw it. It is late and I am tired.
>> No. 2393
>>2387 here.
>Then you are on the wrong site entirely.
was in reference to the "LOL HAREM shit" comment. Perhaps I should have been more specific, in retrospect.
>> No. 2395
>>2393
VNs and "harem" manga/anime are not the same fucking thing. Hell, in two of the stories - two of the BEST stories - we decided on a girl within the first day or so.
>> No. 2396
>>2393
Harem endings (which are awesome) and harem anime (which suck ass) are two entirely different things.
>> No. 2397
>>2391
>Sounds like he watched the anime and was talking about the anime.
At least someone here can read. Thank you for making a point of this.
>> No. 2398
>>2396
>Harem endings (which suck ass) and harem anime (which also suck ass) are two entirely different things.

Oh hey, etc.
>> No. 2399
>>2375
Nitori...and Hina? This cannot be!
>> No. 2400
File 121352893662.jpg - (21.05KB , 335x494 , 1212986444048.jpg ) [iqdb]
2400
Do you understand? This is what it means to cause a shitstorm.
>> No. 2401
>>2398
This post is love.
>> No. 2402
File 121355067854.jpg - (402.05KB , 512x1470 , 749ecd67673e2c6222a5da15d0292be8.jpg ) [iqdb]
2402
>>2399
Anything is possible with SCIENCE!
>> No. 2403
>>2401
>This post is vague.
Fixed.
>> No. 2405
>>2403

>>2401
>This post is accurate.
Fixed.

Fixed
>> No. 2406
>>2405
>>2403
You are both giant faggots. Quit using the board to bitch and moan about this crap, and drop the shitstorm already.
>> No. 2407
>>2406

>You are both lovely individuals. Continue to astound us with your respective brilliances; I am not fit to inhale the waft of your turds.

Fixed. ´3`
>> No. 2408
>>2407
Oh for fuck's sake.
>> No. 2409
Saging on principle.
>> No. 2410
>>2407
>Fixed. ´3`
>´3`

^_____________________^
>> No. 2411
>>2410

That did not warrant that.
Unnecessary sage for my unnecessary rage.
>> No. 2412
Too much Faggotry here.
>> No. 2413
>_>
<_<
^_^
V_V
XD
DX
XD!
T_T
>> No. 2414
ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 2415
>>2413

I'd kill to have all of those wordfiltered into oblivion.
>> No. 2416
HARK TETRO. MAY I HAVE AN UPDATE?
>> No. 2417
New thread please. I'd really like to collapse this one.
>> No. 2418
^_^
>> No. 2419
>>2415
I posted that and I'd kill to have them wordfiltered too.
>> No. 2420
ξ・∀・)
>> No. 2421
^_____________________^
>> No. 2422
>>2420

Get back in the kitchen and make me a sandwich bitch.
>> No. 2423
Good lord, what has this thread come to?
>> No. 2424
File 121371246973.jpg - (14.38KB , 241x241 , MB_nanaya.jpg ) [iqdb]
2424
>>2423

Do you understand? This is what it means to ruin threads.
>> No. 2425
>>2422

ξ・A・)
>> No. 2426
ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 2427
>>2425

( ´∀`)
>> No. 2428
Sure is GAIA around here.
>> No. 2429
Kappa are mischievous troublemakers. Their pranks range from the relatively innocent, such as loudly passing gas or looking up women's kimonos, to the more troublesome, such as stealing crops, kidnapping children, or raping women. In fact, small children are one of the gluttonous kappa's favorite meals, though they will eat adults as well. They feed on these hapless victims by sucking out the shirikodama (尻子玉, shirikodama?) (or entrails, blood, liver, or "life force", depending on the legend) through the anus. Even today, signs warning about kappa appear by bodies of water in some Japanese towns and villages.
>> No. 2430
File 121372471946.jpg - (129.70KB , 480x640 , b3a353a1b01e4087570898b3adf083a0.jpg ) [iqdb]
2430
>>2429

The question is would you enjoy Nitori doing these things to you?
>> No. 2431
Tetrominon

Do you see what your absence has caused?

Please deliver us.
>> No. 2432
>>2429
Kappas are relatively harmless, unless you do something to piss them off.
THEN there's a probable possibillity they'll eat your kid.
Kappas, though, are easy to deal with (according to ALL the legends-)
When you see one, bow.
The kappa will definetly bow back. when he does, squirt some water on the bald spot on his head. he will be unable to move for a while.

P.S
Gensokyo's kappas are friendly but shy, especially Nitori.
Also, no bald spot on nitori.
Zun agreed, don't bother him about it.
>> No. 2433
>>2432
>squirt some water on the bald spot on his head.

...I think you have that backwards.
>> No. 2434
Jesus fuck, is this bullshit still alive?

Saging on principle. Again.
>> No. 2435
>>2433
I thought so as well at first, it makes no sense, since kappas live underwater.
But... that's indeed what i read, in various places.
>>2434
It's funny how every sage you apply is canceled by a single bump.

also, the tread is on verge of being autosaged. saging it now is just plain stupid.
>> No. 2436
>>2435

Probably a mistranslation. The whole bow thing is to get the kappa to bow back and spill the water in the plate thing on its head or something.

If Nitori has a bald spot on her head in this story we must pour in some booze to see if it gets her drunk. All in the name of science of course.
>> No. 2437
>>2435
>>It's funny how every sage you apply is canceled by a single bump

Are you retar-

>>also, the thread is on verge of being autosaged. saging it now is just plain stupid.

Nope, just ignorant it seems.
Autosage has been kicked in for a long time, chief.
It just so happens that there's not other threads being posted.
>> No. 2438
>>2436
That's exactly what i wrote, isn't it?
I think one of us is confused here
>>2437
Might be
Autosage usually kicks in after 300 posts, no?
if it has some time limit, i'm not aware of it. don't know this type of board system anyways, VBulletien is my thing.
>> No. 2439
The status: I have completed the SCIENCE.
The caveat: I am not posting it right now.
The reason: I have to sleep.
The plan: Post it tomorrow, when I can actually follow it up with more writing and make some Goddamn progress already.

But don't bother watching this thread anymore. Its time has passed. Starting to smell a little ripe, in fact.
>> No. 2441
Oho? Will look forward to tomorrow then.
>> No. 2442
>>2438

No. Autosage kicks in at at least 150-200 posts.
>> No. 2443
>>2438
>>Autosage usually kicks in after 300 posts, no?
if it has some time limit, i'm not aware of it.

Try 200.

>>don't know this type of board system anyways, VBulletien is my thing.

ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 2444
>>2438

You said to squirt water on its head. I may be drunk but I'm not blind. Yet. I think.
>> No. 2445
>>2436
Getting to her bald spot would require you to remove her hat. THINK MAN!
>> No. 2446
>>2445

Do her then pour the booze in when she's not looking.
>> No. 2448
>>If Nitori has a bald spot on her head in this story we must put our penis in it at some point.

Fixed

Also concerning the Kappa thing, I do believe the tactic is to bow and make them spill the water collected in their head so they can't breathe on land.
>> No. 2449
>>2444
Bah.... i think my brain stopped functioning because of the heat.
I thought you wrote spill water INTO the plate thing on it's head, now i see it's spill the water FROM it.
Makes much more sense, thank you.
>>2448
makes even more sense now.

Also, thankfully, Nitori does not have a bald spot on her head (Zun agreed, don't bother him about it)
Plus, a bald spot there would be a major turnoff.
>> No. 2450
We all know she wears the hat to hide the bald spot.

At any rate, kappa aren't always horrible bastards, or even necessarily mischievous. They greatly value politeness and decorum (thus why the bowing thing works), so if you're respectful of them, they will reciprocate.

Also, since they love cucumbers so much, it's said that if you carve your family name on a cucumber and float it down a river where kappa are known to live, your family will instantly gain their favor.
>> No. 2451
>>2439
FFFFFFFFF. Why do you write so well but not update?! You best be taking this time to be translating the new doujins from reitaisai 5. Anything else is intolerable on an impotent nerd rage level.
>> No. 2452
>>2449
>Nitori does not have a bald spot on her head (Zun agreed, don't bother him about it)
When did he say that?
>> No. 2453
>>2452
I remember that, soon after MoF was released
He even came to 2ch for a couple of hours to answer questions about the game
>> No. 2454
>>2453

pfft, what does ZUN know?
>> No. 2455
Touhou canon is flexible. If Nitori has a bald spot here it'd be rather interesting. Science, etc.
>> No. 2481
>>2455
No.
It would be awful.