[Return]
Archived Thread
File 125740343146.jpg - (222.16KB , 800x600 , 691548aa413a5850c3cc47676b810c12.jpg ) [iqdb]
12377 No. 12377
[x] Keep them closed.
------

No. She expects you to keep your eyes closed, so it would be rude to ignore her request. You shut your eyes even more firmly than before, waiting in anticipation. Maybe she’s going to give you a present in your arms? You wonder what kind of present she would give.

Chu~

Instead, you feel something soft, warm, and moist on your cheek. Completely taken by surprise, you end up opening your eyes. Out of their corner, you see Shizuha, slightly leaning onto her toes to reach up higher. Her eyes are closed, and her lips pressed against your face.

Babump. Babump.

Your heartbeat quickens. You feel slightly faint as blood rushes up to your face, growing hot. What did she just do to you?

She parts from you, her face the same color as her dress. As you slowly turn your head to her, she gives you an embarrassed but happy smile. “There,” she says. “Now you have the blessing of autumn.”

“A-Ah…” you stutter for a moment, clutching your heart as if to steady its pace. “Um… thank you…?”

She giggles awkwardly, although she seems to enjoy seeing you look confused and flustered. “Um, I’ll be going now,” she says. “So… keep in touch, okay?”

“Y… yeah, take care.”

“Oh! One more thing,” she says, a sudden thought crossing her mind. “Can… can I call you… Mikio, from now on?”

“Huh? Um… yeah, sure you can.”

“Then, how ‘bout Miki?”

“Y-yeah, that’s fine.”

“Hehe,” she grins a little mischievously, lifting her hands to cover her mouth. “Then, see you later, Miki!” Whirling around while giving you a wave, she takes off into the air, disappearing into the leaves of the colorful trees nearby.

……

“Look, Miki, look!” Miss Aya ambushes you on your way out of the printing press, shoving a thick book in your face.

Taking the book from her hand, you hold it up and read the cover. “Gensokyo Chronicle?” you say. “What’s this?”

“It’s the latest published work of the Child of Miare,” she explains. “It’s basically like an encyclopedia on youkai.”

“Child of Miare?” Now where have you heard that before. “Um, who was that again?”

“Well, the current child of Miare would be Akyuu of the Hieda.” Oh! That’s right. The title of the child you saw with Miss Kamishirasawa in the village school building. “You probably haven’t met her.”

“Actually, I have,” you say. “Just once, though.”

“Huh, really? Well, anyway,” Miss Aya snatches the book away from you, opening it and scanning through the pages. “Ah, here it is! Look, there’s an article on the tengu.”

“This looks about right,” you say, skimming bits of the page. “But is our photography really that much of a bother?”

“Never mind that. It has articles on individual members as well,” she says, continuing to flip through the pages. “Here, there’s one of me, too.” She stops at a particular page. On one side, there’s an illustration of Miss Aya, and on the other, information on her.

“How does she get info like these?” you wonder.

“Mostly from other people,” she says. “Or from the individuals themselves. Oh, look, there’s even a page on you!”

“Eh?!” you look back to the pages of the book. Sure enough, there’s an illustration of you as well, wearing your mask.

Masked Tengu Swordsman
Kirita, Mikio
Ability: Manipulation of wind
Threat level: Unknown
Human friendship level: High
Main place of activity: Youkai Mountain

The crow tengu always seen wearing a white mask with a pointed nose and a sword sheathed at his side is Kirita Mikio.

Polite and somewhat passive, he appears to be relatively young as a youkai, in both physical appearance and mentality. Thus, not much is currently known about this masked youkai.

The mask he wears is an ancient tengu tool that is able to reduce the wearer’s presence. Originally used by crow tengu spies for reconnaissance purposes, it has since been in disuse after the formation of the Hakurei Border. *1

The sword he carries is a nameless imitation *2 of the Ama-no-Murakumo-no-Tsurugi, also known as the Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi. Like the original blade it was based on, it has the power to move the wind in the direction it is swung.

Like all tengu, he has the ability to manipulate the wind, with or without his sword.

Eyewitness Reports

“Oh, he’s always coming around to give us business. Usually, he buys things like sweet rolls and cake.” (Owner of the local bakery)

He seems to have a sweet tooth.

”Only the strong ones wear masks. I bet he’s three times faster than normal tengu.” (Kirisame Marisa)

Highly flawed logic.

”Aya’s goon? I wonder why he’s always wearing that mask.”

He may have a personal reason for it.

Countermeasures

Because tengu have no weaknesses, it is best to avoid a fight with one.

Fortunately, he does not seem to enjoy battles, either. He will not attack you unless you attack him. Even if you should find yourself in conflict with him, he will most likely seek to end it peacefully.

However, expect no mercy if you continue to provoke him.

*1: There was no need for it anymore.
*2: Like a lower quality collector’s item.”

“T-this is embarrassing,” you say, feeling your cheeks heat up as you read the article.

“Well, isn’t that great?” Miss Aya says, laughing while patting you on the back. Suddenly, she freezes, intently focusing. She cups her hand around her ear, as if trying to listen to something far away.

“What is it, Miss Aya?” you say nervously.

She suddenly grabs you by the wrist, hurriedly pulling you along as she breaks into a run. Did the wind carry to her bad news?

Miss Aya stops running only when she’s outside of the infirmary. A crowd had gathered in front of the large doorway leading inside. She lets go of your wrist, and you nearly stumble to the ground trying to stop yourself. She walks over to a fellow crow tengu, exchanging hasty whispers with one another.

You approach the doorway, to see what’s going on inside, but a white wolf tengu bars your way, shaking his head. “No admittance,” he says solemnly. “Lord Tenma is inside, and has requested that they be undisturbed.”

“What’s going on?” you ask, confused. “Is someone hurt?”

“… It’s Master Ogata,” he says with a sigh.

……

Dinner is a glum affair, with no one talking very much. Silently, you finish your plate, and you begin to head out to the hallway. As you walk past the door and turn a corner, however, you see Master Ogata walking towards you.

“What’s with that face, kid,” he says in that usual gruff manner of his. “You look like someone went and drowned your dog.”

“Master Ogata!” you say, your heart considerably lightened.

“Yeah, yeah, I’m completely fine, shaddup, kiddo,” he says, snorting. He’s holding a large bottle of sake in hand, as well as two drinking dishes. “C’mon. Let’s go out for a drink. And don’t ask questions.”

[ ] Is he really okay?
[ ] Quietly follow him.
>> No. 12378
[ ] Quietly follow him.

Eh.
>> No. 12379
[x] Is he really okay?

>Gensokyo Chronicle?
>Oh, look, there’s even a page on you!
Fucking awesome.
>> No. 12380
{X} Quietly follow him.
>> No. 12381
[+] Quietly follow him.
>> No. 12382
File 125740698645.gif- (141.72KB , 472x640 , gar_for_char.gif ) [iqdb]
12382
>”Only the strong ones wear masks. I bet he’s three times faster than normal tengu.” (Kirisame Marisa)
I laughed until I cried.

[X] Quietly follow him.
>> No. 12383
[X] Quietly follow him.

>Instead, you feel something soft, warm, and moist on your cheek.

Sorry to be a buzz kill but weren't we wearing our mask?
>> No. 12384
>>12383
Then either the mask is fusing with our face, or it's one of the few that doesn't cover our cheeks, just our eyes, and bends down to the nose.

Harder to keep on, sure, but it's magic.
>> No. 12385
{X} Quietly follow him.
>> No. 12386
[x] Quietly follow him.
>> No. 12387
>“Oh! One more thing,” she says, a sudden thought crossing her mind. “Can… can I call you… Mikio, from now on?”

Oh god, awesome.

[x] Quietly follow him.
>> No. 12388
File 125744100544.jpg- (9.59KB , 160x240 , newsarticle-maskedball4.jpg ) [iqdb]
12388
>>12384

It probably looks something like this.
>> No. 12389
>>12382
Same here.

[X] Quietly follow him.
>> No. 12391
>>12382
Fuck, I just realised it. Must be out of my elements in the morning, I shouldn't have missed this.

[X] Quietly follow him
>> No. 12392
>>12382

I loved that part, and the whole thing had a very authentic feel to it, as if ZUN wrote it.

[x] Quietly follow him.

If he insists he's alright, then it's not Mikio's place to argue with that. Now if he was a senior tengu then he might have room for that.
>> No. 12393
>I loved that part, and the whole thing had a very authentic feel to it, as if ZUN wrote it.

The guy said it all, i can only agree to it.
>> No. 12394
[X] Quietly follow him

Oh, choosing between Shizuha and Momiji is going to be painful...
>> No. 12395
[X] Quietly follow him

>>12394
Take both.

If it comes down to it though, I'm going for Shizuha.
>> No. 12396
I will not be deterred. Momiji is still in my sights.
>> No. 12398
[B] Quietly follow him.
>> No. 12399
[ ] Quietly follow him.
>> No. 12400
>>12394

And it's still open as far as I can tell. I have a hard time choosing as well, both present very nice cases. Shizuha's getting time since it's the fall and they're mainly around during that time.

With the MoF scenario coming up, this might change sharply.
>> No. 12401
>>12400
We can further emphasis our love by remaining faithful despite having 2 new more powerful gods.
>> No. 12402
[x] Quietly follow him.
------

Keeping your mouth shut as he instructed you to, you follow Master Ogata. He’s always been shorter than you, but only now do you realize how small he is compared to you. The way his shoulders sag, and how he drags his feet up painfully with each step… you’ve never been able to see how frail he really was up until now; stern and grouchy old Ogata… the geezer who you were always afraid of but respected.

He leads you out of the tengu stronghold, out into the evening outdoors. The air is cool and crisp, and the breeze a little chilly. Picking out a spot on the ground, Master Ogata sits down, setting the bottle next to him. You walk up, and take a seat adjacent to the bottle as well. He hands you a dish, and you accept it with both hands. Uncorking the bottle, he pours the drink into his own dish.

“Y’know, ‘s been a while since the two of us had a drink like this, eh?” he says, laughing gruffly. “Heheheh… Has it really been seven years since you’ve been with us?” He finishes the sentence by downing the sake in his dish with a single gulp.

You take hold of the bottle he places back on the ground, pouring its contents into your dish. You silently gulp down the drink.

“… Oi, you can talk now,” Master Ogata says after waiting for a moment.

“… Oh.” Well, don’t you feel stupid. “Well, I guess it has been,” you say, placing the bottle back down. “Seven years is a long time…”

“Heh, it is for you,” Ogata chuckles, pouring himself a drink. “Not for me. I’ve lived what, just a little over four-thousand years now? Seven years is like a day to folks as old as me,” he sighs, before taking a swig of his dish. “Kirita Mikio. You’ve changed.”

“Well, of course I’ve changed,” you say. “I’ve grown a little taller. Just a little, though.”

“I don’t mean that,” he replies, waving his hand dismissively. “I mean you’ve grown stronger. Not just physically or magically. Your personality’s grown.”

“What do you mean by that, Master Ogata?”

“When we first picked you up,” he begins, his eyes slightly clouded as he begins to reminisce on the past. “You were a right little runt, scared of your own shadow. You’d always be found hiding behind Inubashiri or Shameimaru, and you wouldn’t dare utter a word if anyone approached you, even after you’d been taught how to speak. It was like you were some kind of a zombie,” he smiles, as if remembering fond memories.

“But now? I dare say you’ve grown a spine, young man! Well, that was my hope for you in the first place, so I shouldn’t be surprised, but hey. I guess what I’m saying is…” he trails off, looking away from you as he rubs the back of his neck. “Well, I’m proud of ya, Kirita Mikio. Even though you’re a human, I think you’ve got the potential to be as good a tengu as any.”

“… Thanks, Master Ogata,” you say, your eyes starting to burn a little. It’s rare for the old man to compliment you like this.

“And… I gotta apologize to ya,” Master Ogata continues, passing the bottle to you. “We never really gave you a choice, did we?”

“Huh? A choice?”

“A choice to live amongst your own kind,” Ogata says, holding out his dish towards you. You tip the bottle over, pouring sake into his dish. “Selfishly, I decided by myself that you’d be raised as one of us. There were others who objected, of course, but I won out over them. But I never gave you the choice to be one of us.”

“Ahah, are you worried about that, Master?” you chuckle, pouring yourself a drink. “It’s not like I would have understood the kind of choice I was making. And, I’m enjoying my life here as one of the tengu, so there’s no need to feel bad about something like that.”

“No, that’s not what I’m apologizing to you about,” Ogata shakes his head, taking a drink. “The reason for taking you in… it was a personal experiment.”

“… What?”

“I’m a stubborn old man,” he says. “You know I never approved the end of the tengu war-politics, don’t you? Well, I had a similar stance on humans. For four-thousand years, I was convinced that they could do no good that would outweigh their bad. I figured it was human nature. So, when you came along, I wanted to confirm something. And that was whether a human would be able to adapt to living amongst a clan of youkai like this.”

You remain silent, unable to think of what to say to that.

“It seems you were successful… but if you failed,” he says, avoiding eye contact. “… I’m sorry. It would have been my responsibility.”

An awkward silence takes over the atmosphere, as you continue to pour sake for both him and yourself, quietly drinking together. Master Ogata breaks the silence by clearing his throat.

“Ahem, right…” he groans. “I suppose it’s time for me to teach you my final lesson.”

“Eh? Final… lesson…?”

“… Kirita Mikio, I’ve lived for a very, very long time,” he begins, his voice tired. Somehow, he looks even smaller than ever, sitting next to you. “And now the time’s come for me to go on a journey,” he continues. “… Do you know what lies beyond these mountains?”

“… the Sanzu River,” you say, slowly realizing. “… Master Ogata, you don’t mean…”

“This body is tired, Kirita Mikio,” he says with a weary smile. “It’s time for it to return to the mountain, and give to it at least a fraction of what it has given this body.” He reaches out with his dish, expecting you to pour him a drink.

“… But… you said you were fine!” you say, scrambling to turn your body towards him. “You’re not going to die…!”

“I won’t,” he says, looking up to the sky. “My physical body may die, but my spirit will shed it, and cross the river to the other side. And even should my soul be reincarnated, there will be remnants of myself here.”

“I don’t understand…”

“Memories,” he says. “I will continue to live in the memories of my students, including you. To be remembered, is to be immortal. Kirita Mikio, whether you live to be sixty or a thousand, even you will continue to live as long as you are remembered. So, I want you to swear to me, that you’ll be remembered as a tengu no one would be ashamed of.”

“But Master…!”

“Please.”

“Y-yes, I promise, but…!”

“Heh. Good,” he says, cutting you off. He reaches out with his dish again. “Now, pour me a drink, Mikio.”

You comply, pouring the drink into his sake dish. Serenely, the old man smiles, his wrinkled face more pronounced than ever. Slowly, he drains the cup.

“It’s good, isn’t it, Master Ogata?” you say. “I’ll pour you another one.”

No response. Master Ogata sits still, his bowl still in hand.

“Master?” you repeat, calling him. “… Master…?”



You let the bottle fall from your hand, as you slowly slide yourself over to him. You wrap an arm around his shoulder and embrace him tightly.

------

END OF CHAPTER 4

------

still so far from waking

i wonder how long you can last

how long will it take before you give up

lets have fun together

now until the moment youre destroyed

despair

[LOCKED] Transience.
[ ] Calamity.
>> No. 12403
[x] Calamity.
>> No. 12404
[X] Calamity.

Ogata, you lived a good life. For your sake as well as our own, we must carry on.
>> No. 12405
[x] Calamity.
>> No. 12406
[X] Calamity.
>> No. 12407
[x] Transience.

Yet I voted for it anyway.
>> No. 12408
[X] Calamity.

Manly tears.
>> No. 12409
[ ] Calamity.
>> No. 12410
[X] Calamity.
>> No. 12411
[x] Calamity.
>> No. 12413
[X] Calamity.
>> No. 12414
[Q] Calamity.

I shed a single tear.
>> No. 12415
[Q] Calamity.

M-Master Ogata...
>> No. 12416
[X] Calamity.
>> No. 12419
[x] Mishap!
>> No. 12420
[x] Calamity.
------

“… Are you sure that’s going to work?” Mikihisa asks you, a doubtful expression on his face.

“Maybe,” you say, unsure yourself. “But it’s worth a try, right? We only need to keep up the charade for a week or so, anyway. No problem.”

“But wait, if you pretend to be the old man, won’t they suspect it’s you since you’re not there?”

“I’ll just make it look like I went back to the forest nearby to get something,” I shrug. “And then I’ll sneak back in here. It wouldn’t surprise anyone if I ended up not returning.”

“… I guess you’re right,” Mikihisa says uneasily, still not wholly convinced that this is a good idea. But, well, with the departure so close, there’s not much a pair of idiot brothers like the two of you can think of in a short time. “… Hey, before you go off, be sure to tell father and Arami, alright?”

“Huh?”

“They’ll worry sick if they think you’re dead,” he says, looking away.

“… Since when were you so thoughtful?’

“Shut up.”

But he’s right. You hadn’t thought of that yourself, but you need to inform them that you’re gonna be fine.

“By the way, what is this thing, anyway?” you say, jerking a thumb towards the pole arm laid out in front of the old man’s funeral plaque.

“Ah, that’s Master Sanayama’s,” Mikihisa explains, walking over to it and picking it up from the table. He slams the non-bladed end of the handle on the ground. “He told me it was passed down to him by his father, and his grandfather before that. Supposedly, it once belonged to the deity of our village.”

“We have a deity?”

“Sure we do. A nameless god who helps us protect the village from youkai,” he delicately places the naginata back on the table, sitting back down on the floor.

“Mmm, well,” you stand up from the floor. “I’m off to “die”, so see you when I get back.” You make your way to the entrance, having said that. As you stand at the door way, Mikihisa calls to you one last time.

“… Hey, Tayasumi… Thanks.”

“… Just be sure to carry father on your back when the time comes for us to leave.”

……

“… And that’s what we’re planning to do,” you finish explaining to your younger sister, chewing on a toothpick. “So, don’t be worried even if you don’t see me around. I’ll be staying over at the old man’s house for the rest of the night.”

“Is that really going to work?” Arami asks, concerned.

“Well, we’re just gonna have to hope it does,” you say while strapping your quiver and hatchet to your waist, wearing your bow on your torso. “Right, see you tomorrow. Take care of pops.”

She nods, and you take the moment to pat her head reassuringly. Then, making sure you have everything, you step out of your house and onto the ground. You make your way to the village gate.

“Oi, Akanushi, where do you think you’re going?” the village watchman calls out to me from atop his tower, shining a lamp down to see me.

“Out,” I reply simply, opening the gate.

“Hey, you can’t go out now!” the watchman yells. “You listening to me?! It’s too dark! Are you trying to get yourself killed?!”

Of course not. You’re just going to make it seem that way. Shutting the gate behind you, you quickly scuttle into the shadows of the fence around the village. If you just stay near the place, you should be safe enough. You only need to lay low for a while, anyway. Just until you get the opportunity to sneak back inside without the watch catching you.

Well, time to sit back and relax on the ground. You’re not going to be going anywhere for a while, anyway. Wait. Bad idea. You stop yourself from sitting down on the ground, and instead you unhook the hatchet from your waist. Even close to the village, you can’t drop your guard, or a youkai might come and—

Thump.

A dull pain spreads throughout the back of your head as you fall to the ground, your vision darkening. Where did that… even come from…?

“Fuck,” you mutter as you lose consciousness.

……

The next you come to, you’re being dragged through grass and dirt, your feet and hand bound crudely with vines. Where…? Looking around hazily, you spot the youkai dragging you by the back of your shirt. There are several of the ugly little wretches, small and inhuman. They’re similar in appearance to the youkai you killed earlier today. So, is this their idea of revenge?

Looking around, you recognize the formation of the trees surrounding you. This is definitely the same forest you hunted in for several years. There’s no mistaking it. Damn it, you were only supposed to pretend to go missing, but at this rate, it’s going to be for real.

You struggle against your bonds, but primitive though it maybe, the vine wrapped around your wrists won’t budge at all. You’ve been stripped of your weapons as well, so there’s no chance of cutting your legs free, either. Not that they’d let you even if you had them. Vaguely, you wonder why they haven’t killed you yet.

Shit, they’re seriously going to kill you. You can’t die like this. Not in this stupid way. But what can you do when you’re outmatched, outnumbered, unarmed and tied up?

Well, you suppose the only thing you can do is pray.

You close your eyes, preparing yourself for what appears to be an inevitable death, when you suddenly hear a piercing shriek. Bewildered, you open your eyes again and look about. The youkai have dropped you, focusing on something else. Even with their only vaguely humanoid faces, you can tell that they’re confused and scared. But of what?

You get your answer when something leaps out of the dark, approaching one of the youkai with unbelievable speed. Its sharp claws tear into the youkai’s stomach, and with a tug, pulls its flesh apart, exposing its innards. The youkai howls in pain, dropping to the ground on its back. Without mercy, his assailant flips into the air, landing on him with an aerial axe-kick, crushing his head in one swift motion.

The other youkai move in to counter-attack, but the unknown assailant reacts faster than they. With a swish of its arm, a black, smooth orb appears in the air. A sharp tendril shoots out of it, impaling one of the youkai in the throat. Furthermore, the tendril divides into two, ripping through the sides of the youkai’s neck with a sickening splat, decapitating him. At the same time, the assailant grabs onto another youkai by its head with a single hand, throwing him aside. The youkai flies through the air, hitting a nearby tree with so much force that it’s bisected by the waist into two chunks.

The last remaining youkai, having seen enough, attempts to flee. But the assailant is too fast. As it turns to get away, the assailant immediately goes after it, moving so quickly that it appears to teleport in front of him. Reaching out with one hand, its claws extend out further, looking more like small knives than talons. With a rising slash, the assailant cuts out the youkai’s throat, and as he falls to the ground, shoves its claws into his face to finish it off.

You lie on the ground, completely terrified out of your wits. W-what kind of a monster is that? For it to kill them all so easily; instantly…

The assailant slowly walks towards you, and you desperately attempt to scramble away. No good. You’re too tensed up. You can hardly move.

As it comes closer, however, you recognize it in the light of the moon. It’s the youkai girl that’s been stalking you for the last few days. She smiles sweetly, wiping the blood on her hands on her black dress. Reaching down, she cuts your bonds with a single claw. Did she… save you?

Still uneasy, you slowly stand up from the ground, rubbing your wrists. The youkai girl makes no movement, watching you with a smile on her face. She definitely saved you just now, didn’t she?

[ ] Ruffle her hair.
[ ] Back away slowly.
>> No. 12421
[x] Ruffle her hair.

Little Rumia our Youkai friend. This may be foolish thinking but she has helped us out in the past.
>> No. 12422
[x] Ruffle her hair.
>> No. 12423
[x] Ruffle her hair.

Thanks to Taisa i don't fear her anymore. If something bad happens, blame him.
>> No. 12424
>>12423

This Rumia isn't a small semi-creepy mass of evil.

I do not fear what this Rumia would do, would she free her prey when it was helpless? Would she help feed her prey in the past?
>> No. 12425
File 125764044823.png- (19.32KB , 450x532 , 1254229682298.png ) [iqdb]
12425
>>12424
>This Rumia isn't a small semi-creepy mass of evil.
>> No. 12426
[x] Ruffle her hair.
[x] "Thank you."
[x] "Hey, are you hungry?" Try and find your weapons and look for an animal nearby.
>> No. 12427
[x] Ruffle her hair.
[x] "Thank you."
[x] Make your way back to the village as soon as possible.

No time for tamin games.
>> No. 12428
I can't vote for anything. Rumia likes her prey to be fresh and moving, not KO'd and bound. Nothing good will happen.
>> No. 12429
[x] Ruffle her hair.
>> No. 12430
[x] Ruffle her hair.
>> No. 12431
[x] Ruffle her hair.
>> No. 12433
[B] Ruffle her hair.
>> No. 12434
[x] Ruffle her hair.
------

Cautiously, you take a step forward, lifting your hand. The youkai girl doesn’t even blink as you approach slowly, watching you… in anticipation of something? Swallowing your fear, you place your hand on the girl’s head uneasily, almost trembling. The girl closes her eyes as you ruffle her hair, not moving otherwise. She seems to enjoy the sensation, grinning broadly under the moonlight.

“T-thanks,” you manage to stammer out, still not fully reassured that you’re not about to be torn apart just as easily as she did to those lesser youkai. “You saved me.”

She giggles as you take your hand off her head. You realize that this is the first time you’ve heard her voice. She sounds just as childish as she looks, with a high, girly voice. Well, obviously, since it’s a girl. Probably.

“But damn…” you say, looking at the scattered corpses of the lesser youkai on the ground. Pretty soon, they’d vaporized into what looks like ash, before disappearing entirely. “That was amazing…”

“They were weak,” the little girl youkai suddenly speaks up, skipping to your side. The sudden noise startles you, and you nearly fall back. “And I’m strong,” she adds proudly.

“Oh, so you can speak,” you say, letting out a reluctant laughter while taking a step back from her. Wait, that’s bad. You can’t let a wild animal or a youkai known that you’re being intimidated. A bit more firmly, you step forward a little closer to the girl. “… By the way, just why did you save me?”

“Why…?” the question appears to puzzle her, as she brings a finger to her lips, suckling on the tip of it as she ponders. “Because the boar was tasty.”

The boar? She must be talking about the piece of the boar you gave to her the first time you saw her. Did she save you because she was thankful of that? “Is… that all?” you ask.

“Mmm,” she nods vigorously.

“Hahh,” you let out a sigh, almost cracking up in the process. Talk about unexpected consequences. Something small like that’s saved your life, and might have done so more than once, if that’s also why this girl hasn’t killed you. “Hey, what’s your name?”

“Name…?” she repeats, appearing to go into deep thought against. Does it really take her that long to remember her own name? “Lumiya,” she finally says, with a bit of a lisp.

“Lumiya, I see.”

“No,” she says, standing on the tip of her toes with her arms outstretched horizontally. “Lumiya! Lumiya!”

“… I said Lumiya, didn’t I?”

“That’s wrong~!”

“Well, whatever,” you say, forcing a smile. “I’m Tayasumi, nice to meet you.”

“Uumu, Tayasumi,” she nods again. “Tayasumi! Tayasumi!” she says over and over again, laughing like she’s heard the funniest joke in the world.

“R-right,” you keep forcing that smile. “Well, uh, I should get going. So… see ya.”

Well, you probably won’t see her at all anymore. At least, you hope so. Too dangerous to be a pleasant acquaintance, but she seems to be a good kid. For a youkai, anyway. You turn away, walking towards the familiar trail in the forest to make your way back to the village.

“Tayasumi! Bye bye, Tayasumi!”

You hear the girl yelling behind you, and you turn back to give a half-hearted wave before continuing on. Looking up at the sky, you deduce that it must still be night, though dawn’s approaching rapidly by the looks of things. You bet Mikihisa must be pretty scared out of his wits by now, since you’ve been gone for so long. You’ll have to apologize to him when you get back.

Along the way, you notice something lying on the ground. Walking towards it, you stoop over to examine the thing. It’s your hatchet. Picking it up, you hook it to your waist. You’d considered it lost for good, but it looks like your things are still within the forest. You’re still missing your bow and quiver, and they mean a lot to you. There’s still some time before morning, should you search for them?

[ ] It won’t take too long to have a look.
[ ] Get to the village as soon as possible.
>> No. 12435
[x] Get to the village as soon as possible.

No time for delay.
>> No. 12436
[x] It won’t take too long to have a look.

You befriended a wild Lumiya!
>> No. 12437
[x] It won’t take too long to have a look.
>> No. 12438
{X} Get to the village as soon as possible.
>> No. 12439
[x] Get to the village as soon as possible.
>> No. 12440
[x] It won’t take too long to have a look.
>> No. 12441
[x] Get to the village as soon as possible.
>> No. 12442
[x] It won’t take too long to have a look.
-[x] If it does take too long, go the village.

perhaps this is Rumia before she got sealed.
>> No. 12443
[X] Get to the village as soon as possible.

Also, pokin' it slow here, but:
>“Now, pour me a drink, Mikio.”
This is the first time Ogata ever called us by first name alone, isn't it?

...Manly tear.
>> No. 12444
[B] It won’t take too long to have a look.
>> No. 12449
[x] It won’t take too long to have a look.
-[x] If it does take too long, go the village.
>> No. 12450
[x] Get to the village as soon as possible.
------

It’s a shame, but there’s no time for that right now. You have to get back to the village while it’s still dark. Even if you hurry, it’ll take at least an hour to get there, so you can’t afford to waste time here. Silently, you bid farewell to your old and trusted companion as you head for the forest exit.

As you hurry back to the village, you look up at the sky. What little moonlight there was before is now covered by stormy clouds. It’d suck if it started raining today, on the day the migration is about to begin; poor visibility, not to mention just plain getting wet. Your fears are confirmed when it starts suddenly raining a downpour halfway to the village.

You swear under your breath as you continue along the now muddy path. Finally, after what seems like forever, the village is in sight. But it’s only when you’re about to enter it that you realize there’s something wrong. The village gate is wide open, even though it’s barely approaching dawn. They didn’t leave without you, did they? With a quivering heart, you hurry inside.

What… what the hell is this…?

You nearly lose the strength in your legs, just barely able to keep standing. You're unable to take in the sight before you; a scene of complete destruction. Buildings collapsed and destroyed, with corpses of both humans and youkai littering the dirt.

A… youkai… attack…? Why? Why did this happen? Why, on the exact day that you were all supposed to leave to prevent something like this?! Why why why why why ?! You don’t want this. This can’t be true. This can’t have happened. It seems so unreal. No. It can’t be real. Please, don’t let it be real!

You want to scream, but you seem to have lost your voice. A hard lump forms in your throat, and you find your breathing to be laborious. You feel dizzy. You still feel detached from the world as you hurry on further, brought back to reality only when you see Mikihisa lying on the ground in a pool of his own blood, clutching tightly to Santori’s naginata.

“Mikihisa…!” You hurry over to him, crouching down next to him. Are you alright, you want to say, but it’s clear from the gaping hole in his chest that he’s suffered a fatal wound.

His dulled eyes slowly roll to look at you, and a small degree of life returns to them. He tries to lift himself up, but fails, falling back down onto the ground. He opens his mouth, but all that comes out after painstaking efforts to speak is an unintelligible wheeze. With what seems to be the last of his strength, he lifts up the naginata in his hand, giving it to you, before the light in his eyes fade away for good.

Gritting your teeth, you close his eyelids with your hand. Standing back up, you take another look around. Maybe… maybe Mikihisa was able to drive away all the youkai after all. You don’t see any of them here, except for the ones already dead. There must be survivors. Please, let there be survivors!

Carrying the pole arm in your hand, you hurry to your home. Father…! Oh, father! His body’s been discarded just outside his house, a trail of blood marking the ground. But the blood’s still fresh. Arami… There’s still a chance that you can still help her!

You hurriedly step up to the porch, making your way past the ruined door. As you run inside, you immediately see Arami on the other side of the room, cornered by a lone youkai but still alive. Oh thank the gods, you still have a chance!

“Arami…!” you cry out as you brandish the naginata in your hand, charging towards the youkai. The youkai turns around, finally taking notice of you. You stop dead in your tracks. “You?!”

“Oh, hello there. You’re here early,” Lumiya responds with a much deeper voice than earlier. One of a grown woman.

And then she turns back around, slashing your sister across the gut with her claws. Arami immediately drops to the ground, her eyes widened in shock. Lumiya turns to face you again, smiling sadistically.

“I’m sorry, were you thinking that you could save her, at the very least?” she asks.

“You…!!”

You dash across the room, letting out an anguished cry as you swing the blade at her with all your strength. But you’re too slow. Before you know it, she’s ducked under your swing, and drives her hand into your abdomen. Her claws pierce your flesh, her sharp fingers digging through your stomach and out the other side. You gasp, immediately losing the strength in your arms and dropping the naginata to the floor.

“How stupid of you. You should have realized the difference between the two of us,” Lumiya taunts, tugging her hand free from your body. “You really should have known better. I might have let you live if you begged at my feet. Is this what you humans call foolish bravery in the face of death?”

You fall to the ground, immobilized by the pain. Lumiya plants her foot on your back, continuing to speak.

“Hmph, I can’t believe how weak the all the other youkai were,” she snorts haughtily. “Dying like that to a single human. Well, he put up a better fight than I would have given credit to. Better than you, anyway.”

“W-why…” you manage to groan, leering at the youkai with hatred.

“Oh, I bet you’re just dying to know why I saved you earlier,” she laughs. “It’s simple. I wanted you to be here for this. A human tastes best when seasoned with fear and despair.”

“Y…you monster...”

“That’s what we are, more or less,” she says, almost proudly. “Don’t take it personal. This is just how we youkai are. Now then, which one should I dig into first…?” She leaves you for dead, exiting the house.

Youkai… Youkai…! Murderous… all of them… they should all just die…!

You struggle to get up. You have to stop her. You have to… avenge everyone… Your fingers wrap around the cold, steel handle of the naginata beside you. You can’t let it… end like this. Not in this… miserable way.

“Someone… please… help me,” you cry weakly, desperately. “I… I have to kill her… Please…!”

as you wish

Miraculously, the pain stops. Warmth envelops you. Using the naginata as a crutch, you find the strength to stand up again. Weakly, you step towards the door, barely able to stand at first. Your body’s numbing, but it doesn’t matter. It can still fight. Stepping out of the house and onto the dirt, you see her retreating figure in the distance, heading towards the center of the village.

You feel empowered, and you dash after the youkai. “YOUKAI!” you let out an inhuman roar, startling the girl.

“Oh? You’re up again?” she says, surprised, as you close in on her.

I’m going to kill you!

She grins, showing her fangs. An orb of darkness forms behind her, and she reaches back, producing a giant, onyx blade at least as wide as she is and twice as tall, brandishing it before her as you continue your charge.

“Is that so?!” she laughs.

[ ] kill her now
>> No. 12451
[x] kill her now

I have been trolled HARD. I guess the next bit will be the final one for the boy.
>> No. 12452
[x] kill her now

Okay. Why not?
>> No. 12453
[ ] kill her now
>> No. 12454
[x] kill her now

Considering that she does exist in gensokyo, I really don't think this is going to end well for us.
>> No. 12455
[x] kill her now

This is it.
>> No. 12456
[+] Kill her now, and use her remains to start a funeral pyre for the humans in the village.

I am now certain that accepting the LOCKED status of certain choices is giving up and letting the beast take over. By not struggling hard against this, we're effectively making it happen.

TL;DR - ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH
>> No. 12457
>>12456
says the guy voting for the single given choice
>> No. 12458
[x] kill her now
>> No. 12459
[Q] kill her now

Well, carp. Also, awesome.
>> No. 12460
[x] kill her now

I hope this doesn't turn out as generic as i think that it will.
>> No. 12461
>>12456

I think the reason why that last boy choice is locked is because we have yet to explore the other side, which we have done. Then perhaps we can proceed to the "Transcendence" option

But I don't think Rumia would recognize Mikio, especially not being sealed away.

But I think the question is: Were our choices correct in this manner?

And how would this lead up eventfully?
>> No. 12462
[x] kill her now

oh boy I hope this is graphic.
>> No. 12463
[X] Don't kill her. You won't stoop to her level.

God damn it, I will try and stay my hand, even if it's futile.
>> No. 12464
>>12463

It's kill or be killed here, mate.
>> No. 12465
>>12457
Don't be dumb. As >>12464 said, right now, it's kill or be killed.

I modified my version of the vote to try and wrest some control back from the supposed "inevitability" in place here. What did you do?
>> No. 12466
[x] kill kill kill kill kill kill kill
>> No. 12467
I just want to see how far we can get against EX Rumia with a hole in our stomach.
>> No. 12468
[x] kill her now

FINISH HER
>> No. 12470
File 12578322548.jpg- (501.30KB , 622x879 , e34db7d9d692b0a3687ca68ba6515d97.jpg ) [iqdb]
12470
[x] kill her now
------

You dart to the side as she brings that monster of a sword overhead, striking the ground with enough force to leave a small crater where it struck, sending chunks of dirt flying into the air.

Whirling around, you swing the blade of the pole arm at her, but she twists in midair to avoid it. She pulls the sword out of the ground, hefting it towards you.

You leap from the ground, far higher than you ever expected yourself to be capable of, the sword slashing the air beneath your feet. As you fall back down, you take another slash at the youkai. She raises her sword, smacking your blade away.

She lunges forward with a driving stab as you land. You easily sidestep it, returning the favor with a quick jab at her shoulder. Just as easily, she evades the attack.

“Pretty good for someone half dead already,” the youkai sneers, pulling back her sword. “But I wonder how long you can last with that wound of yours? It must hurt, am I right?”

That doesn’t matter. You don’t know why, but right now, you can feel nothing but warmth in your body. There is no pain. This body will continue to fight until she is killed, even if it’s ripped to shreds. It won’t fall apart until she’s dead. Kill her, kill her, killherkillherkillherkillher—!

kill her

You let out a snarl as you swing at her, the speed of your blade catching even the youkai girl by surprise. Hurriedly, she raises her blade to parry the attack. The edges meet in a clash of sparks, and the force of the attack blows her back, making her lose her balance.

You follow through, your quick feet trampling the muddy ground as you run after her. With a crazed yell, you lash out with your weapon, striking horizontally. The youkai is unable to completely evade the attack, darting back with only a slight gash across her chest.

“You worthless…!” she cries, alarmed at the sight of her own blood on her hand.

Raising her unarmed hand, she calls forth a black orb behind her, and it extends a sharp, shadowy tendril. It’s too fast for you to dodge, and it pierces through one of your shoulders, puncturing through your bones and splattering your blood on your face.

The youkai smiles, and attempts to make another gesture towards the tendril, but you react before she does. Ignoring the injury to your shoulder, you reach up with your hand, grabbing onto the tendril. It’s like holding onto a blade, cutting up your hand and splattering even more of your blood on your face, but you don’t care.

With a great wrench, you physically snap the tendril in your shoulder off, breaking it away from the orb. It and the orb behind the youkai dissipate into dark fog as you continue forward, still determined to keep attacking without regard for your injuries.

“Annoying…!” she yells, losing her composure. “Just die already!”

She waves her arm, and this time, four orbs appear in a square-like formation behind her. Simultaneously, the threads of the dark orbs shoot forward, and each of them impale through one of your limbs; one for each arm and leg.

“There, now you can’t move, can you?” she laughs, regaining her calm.

This won’t stop you. You continue to approach her, the tendrils in your legs ripping further past you with each step. With another roar and a tug, you free your arms. Grabbing onto the shaft of your weapon with both hands, you keep walking towards her.

“What the hell are you?!” she cries, panicking as you approach her slowly.

With a wild cry, she lifts her blade and slashes you across the gut. Fresh blood makes its way out of your mouth, dripping from your chin as you look down at your body.

It’s a wonder that she didn’t cut entirely through you with that attack. The wound is deep, enough that your guts might spill out of you if you make another move. The remaining orbs disappear, and you involuntarily sink to your knees, clutching your stomach with one hand.

The youkai breathes heavily, as though she had exerted great effort.

Hehe… it’s kind of… funny… You didn’t think… you had this much blood in you. But your hands… your clothes… your hair… it’s all soaked. They’re… soaked crimson red by your own blood. It’s hard to believe this much… really belongs to just you. Even the world looks red. Everything… painted red… by your blood.

But you’re not dead yet.

Rising up from the ground, you fling the blood in your hand at the youkai girl, catching her by surprise. Your blood splatters into her eyes, and she howls in pain.

While she’s distracted, you attack. The blade slices through her sword-arm, dismembering it from the shoulder. The sword falls to the ground, and dissipates into smog.

You nearly fall to the ground, but you’re able to keep standing by leaning on the naginata, using it for support.

“My arm…!” she yells, her voice reverting to one of a frightened child. “It hurts it hurts it hurts…!” she wails. “I hate you! Why won’t you die?!”

“You can’t… kill me,” you say, blood still flowing freely out of your open stomach. “Even if you… cut my head off… I’ll keep coming after you. And I’ll definitely… kill you…” you manage to wheeze out before being overtaken by a fit of coughing.

The youkai steps back, a terrified expression on her face while clutching her bloody stump of a shoulder. You can barely continue to stand, but she’s afraid of you; you who continue to stubbornly cling to the fight even though you should have died a long time ago. She must have… never seen a human like that… She jumps up into the air, flying away without as much as a glance back at you.

As soon as she is out of sight, you fall onto your back, the warmth in your body gone. Instead, the only sensation you feel is a cold one; the coldness of the rain splashing against your face, washing the smeared blood away.

“I’m sorry you guys…” you say, your vision beginning to blur. “I couldn’t avenge you all… hahaha…”

There’s no reply. Of course there’s no reply. Everyone is dead. Only you are still alive, lying on the bloody mud beneath you.

“Hahaha… And… I wanted to give you all… a proper burial, too… hahahaha,” you lament, still laughing despite your haggard breathing.

It’s so miserable.

To die alone like this.

It would have been better if you had been killed along with everyone else, too.

At least then you wouldn’t have to suffer this.

You can’t see anything anymore. Ah, you must be dying. Even the feeling of coldness seems distant now, like it’s happening to someone else instead of you. The sound of the splashing of rain dies away…

The path that never ends…

You hear a soft voice singing. Who… is that?

The child that walks the path… how much longer must he walk…? How much more… must he suffer…?

Ah, of course… You recognize that voice.

Longing for home… he sighs…

It’s your own voice.

If only… if only… I were sleeping… in mother’s… arms…

You smile.

……


>> No. 12471
------

There is no way something like this was here before. That is the only thought running through your mind as you look at the massive lake that’s suddenly appeared at the top of the mountain. No way… Without a doubt, this is a huge incident, and it seems you’re the first to discover it.

Shutting your mouth that’s been hanging agape in surprise, you fumble for your camera, taking a quick picture of the lake. What’s with all the giant logs sticking out of the water, anyway? Is it all for decoration, or something else?

Well, maybe you’ll cover this incident yourself, before the other crow tengu beat you to it. Maybe you can even impress Miss Aya with your journalist skills. Well, not that there’s much you know about journalism, other than printing things out.

“Hm?” you notice a medium-sized building at the edge of the lake. Immediately, you lower your altitude, making a bee-line for it. How strange, one part of the building seems old fashioned, looking a lot like that Hakurei girl’s shrine, but the rear part of the building looks more modern.

With your camera, you take a picture of the shrine-like building. It definitely wasn’t here before, either. Did it come with that giant lake, too? How strange…

Flying around to the back of the building, you notice a sliding door. It really is just like the Hakurei shrine, then, with living space at the back and the shrine in the front. You land on the ground to take a closer look. Maybe there’s someone inside…?

Stepping up to the porch, you stand outside the door, hesitating. What if whatever’s inside is really dangerous? Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. You make to slide the door open… when the door suddenly opens up on its own, leaving you face-to-face with a young, green haired woman. Her eyes widen in shock upon seeing you, and with a yelp, she shuts the door again.

W-what was that?

[ ] Knock on the door.
[ ] Wait.
>> No. 12472
[B] Knock on the door.
>> No. 12473
[ ] Knock on the door.
>> No. 12474
[X]Knock on the door.

Huh, this makes me question whether Mikio is really the hunter or not given the state Akanushi was in after scaring Rumia off. I really do wonder if Mikio's a reincarnation of some sort.

Maybe the [X]Transience option will give us the last piece of the puzzle.

This also makes me wonder about the fate of the boy who lived with Sanae for so long. If one side dies...
>> No. 12475
[P] Knock on the door.

Sanae~

The time has come~
>> No. 12476
[+] Knock on the door.

Mikio still has a chance, and I'm not giving up on him.
>> No. 12477
[X]Knock on the door.
>> No. 12478
[X]Knock on the door.
>> No. 12479
[x] Wait.
>> No. 12480
[X]Knock on the door.
>> No. 12481
>Her eyes widen in shock upon seeing you, and with a yelp, she shuts the door again.

Oh god, just too cute. She needs some loving.

[X]Knock on the door.
>> No. 12482
[Q] Knock on the door.
>> No. 12483
[x] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRiMZgzp3wU
>> No. 12484
[X]Knock on the door.
>> No. 12485
[x] Knock on the door.
>> No. 12487
[X]Knock knock knockin' on heaven's door.
>> No. 12488
[x] Knock on the door.
>> No. 12489
I think with Sanae around, she'd be the new challenger to the main targets (momiji or Shizuha), so things will get interesting on top of the series of events put into play.
>> No. 12491
I wonder if I can pull this off...

Momi, take my mask off of me
It can't hide me anymore
It's getting dark, too dark to see
I feel I'm knocking on Sanae's door

Knock knock knockin' on Sanae's door
Knock knock knockin' on Sanae's door
Knock knock knockin' on Sanae's door
Knock knock knockin' on Sanae's door

Momi, put my sword in the ground
I can't swing it anymore
That small black blob is comin' down
I feel I'm knocking on Sanae's door

Knock knock knockin' on Sanae's door
Knock knock knockin' on Sanae's door
Knock knock knockin' on Sanae's door
Knock knock knockin' on Sanae's door

Oooohhhh..... ohhhhhh....


EDIT : Forgot the italics.
>> No. 12492
[x] Knock on the door.

And apologize for the intrusion. Also, that mask must have had some part in the freak out.
>> No. 12493
File 125791162963.png- (379.22KB , 459x594 , 3c218cba0cb136c54131fa44806334b7.png ) [iqdb]
12493
[x] Knock on the door.
------

You step closer, raising your hand. Lightly, you rap on the door politely with your knuckles, and wait for a reply.

“Y-yes, um… please wait a moment!” a girl’s voice nervously responds from beyond the door. You patiently continue to wait, crossing your arms together. Through the door, you can hear the girl speaking in a hushed up voice. “Come on, girl. You’re a living god! Don’t be afraid!”

Is she talking to herself?

Finally, the door slides open again, and the girl timidly steps out, shutting the door behind her as you stand back to give her some space.

“Um… I’m sorry for shutting the door like that,” she says, still not quite having shaken off her surprise, though not enough to stop her staring at your mask peculiarly. “It was just so sudden.”

“No, the blame is mine,” you say.

The first thing she does once she takes her eyes off you is to have a look around, taking in the sight. Finally, she turns her attention back to you, and begins speaking.

“E-excuse me, but is this Gen… Gensokyo?” she stutters with a shaky voice.

“Eh?” you raise an eyebrow at her question (though she can't see it.) “Ah, um, yes. Yes, this is Gensokyo.”

“Oh,” she takes another look around, as if uncertain that you’re telling her the truth. “Um… but, where is this…?” she asks, looking back at you.

“This…?” you repeat, looking about. “Oh! This is the top of Youkai Mountain,” you explain.

“Youkai?!” she gasps, taking a step back. “Then, you’re a…”

“A tengu.”

“I-I see,” she says, falling silent for a moment before speaking again. “I guess you do kind of look like a tengu…”

Only “kind of”? You still have a long way to go, then.

“By the way,” you begin, figuring it’s probably best to warn her now before the other tengu arrive. “… The mountain is off-limits to humans. Technically, you’re a trespasser here.”

“Trespasser…?” the girl’s eyes widen in surprise again, and they immediately fly to the sword sheathed at your side. Her face pales a little, and she hurriedly bows to you. “U-um, I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to…” she says apologetically, but she immediately straightens herself back up.

“No, wait! That is… um… we need the worship of youkai and… but if it’s a problem then we can move but…” she raves, a conflicted and troubled expression on her face.

“Um, first of all, could you please calm down a little?” you cut in, raising a hand to stop her from talking.

She pauses to place a hand on the middle of her chest while taking several deep breaths to calm herself. More relaxed now, she speaks again. “Right, thank you,” she says, giving you a smile of gratitude, though her expression quickly changes to an anxious one.

“… I wonder what I should do now, though… I don’t know where to start…” Worriedly, she touches the tip of her index finger to her lips, apparently in deep thought.

Come to think of it, you don’t really know what to do anymore either. You’re not really very good at this investigating stuff, are you?

“Um… is it okay if I take a look around?” she suddenly asks, breaking the short period of clumsy silence.

“Ah… s-sure,” you respond.

You hop off the porch as the girl easily advances forward, attempting to step down from the porch. But wait, she isn’t calm at all. Her body’s too tensed up, and she’s going to end up—

“Ahh?!” she lets out a shrill cry as she stumbles forward, one of her shoes caught on the edge of the wooden porch. She falls flat on her face onto the ground below.

“Whoa,” you quickly approach her, grabbing her hand and helping her up. “Are you okay, Sanae?”

“Ouch ouch…” she groans as you let go of her, and she dusts herself off, her face red with embarrassment. “T-thank you very… much… Eh…?” Slowly, a look of amazement forms on her face. “Um… I don’t think I’ve told you my name yet…”

“Huh?”

You cover your mouth with your hand. It’s true, she hasn’t told you her name yet, and you don’t think you’ve ever met this girl before. But why did you say “Sanae” just now?

“…Ah, could it be that…” the girl saves you the trouble of having to explain yourself by beginning to speak on her own. “… you just guessed correctly?”

… Just what are the odds of that? You nod anyway, because you can’t think of any other answer.

“Wow, tengu sure are amazing,” she says admiringly, looking at you with respect. She believed that? What… what a strange girl.

She begins to walk towards the front of the shrine, and you follow her quietly.

“Looks like everything made over safely,” she says happily, looking about while walking around the shrine grounds. Was she the one to move this shrine and the lake here…? No way…

Something catches her eye as she prowls about, and she hurries to the shrine torii, a tall, imposing gate consisting of two columns topped with a rail. You walk after her, standing just a few feet away from her.

“… It’s beautiful,” you hear her whisper to herself as she looks beyond the gate.

Of course, since this shrine happened to appear near the top of a mountain, it would be one of the best places to get a scenic view of Gensokyo. The colored leaves of the trees covering the land below, the waterfall leading to a river splitting the ground, and the seemingly endless fertile plains…

“You couldn’t see something like this back home,” she says, putting on a serene, but somehow melancholic smile.

Is she an outsider?

“Ah!” you hear her let out a surprised gasp, and you follow her gaze to the skies. Murders of crows were circling the shrine, cawing loudly as their masters zipped about, little more than dots in the skies as they flew by. “They’re…”

“Crow tengu,” you say. “Looks like they’ve noticed. It’s only a matter of minutes before the entire mountain learns about this incident now.”

“Huh? I-is that bad?” she asks apprehensively.

“It might be, for you,” you say.

Actually, it might mean trouble for you, too. Now that you’ve been seen together with this foreign girl, you’ll no doubt be bombarded with questions from your fellow tengu…

[ ] Now it’s your turn to ask questions.
[ ] Leave. The other tengu will take care of everything.
>> No. 12494
[x] Now it’s your turn to ask questions.
>> No. 12495
[ ] Now it’s your turn to ask questions.
>> No. 12496
haha, never thought Sanae would be so timid and cute. Kind of fits because of the younger version. Now, i wonder where that guy is...

[ ] Now it’s your turn to ask questions.
That vote alone is not of much use, it would need a write in for what kind of questions to ask.

Or we just could bring her in to the HQ for questioning and telling her to ask for a permit to stay. Or some kind of agreement.
>> No. 12497
[x] Now it’s your turn to ask questions.
[x] Be attentive, Mikio! Remember all that miss Aya has taught you! Pen, paper, speed and accuracy! Ace reporter!!

I AM MAN. I AM TENGU.
>> No. 12498
[Q] Now it’s your turn to ask questions.
>> No. 12499
[x] Now it’s your turn to ask questions.
>> No. 12501
[x] "Sanae, is it? Do you have a place to entertain visitors? I suggest you prepare it, and be ready to receive our envoy. We will have many questions for you."
[x] You've identified the responsible party, an outsider human. Wait for Miss Aya; the two of you will handle questioning.

Being first on the scene gives you operational control. However, you shouldn't start the interrogation until your partner arrives.
>> No. 12502
[x] Now it’s your turn to ask questions.
>> No. 12503
[x] Now it’s your turn to ask questions.
>> No. 12504
[0] Now it’s your turn to ask questions.
>> No. 12505
[x] Now it’s your turn to ask questions.
>> No. 12506
[x] Now it’s your turn to ask questions.
>> No. 12507
[X] Now it’s your turn to ask questions.
>> No. 12508
[x] "Sanae, is it? Do you have a place to entertain visitors? I suggest you prepare it, and be ready to receive our envoy. We will have many questions for you."
[x] You've identified the responsible party, an outsider human. Wait for Miss Aya; the two of you will handle questioning.

Sounds good to me.
>> No. 12509
>>12496

[X] Now it’s your turn to ask questions.
Good idea, Since, canonically, she was more-or-less defended by the tengu, I suppose we can do that... and earn respect from both parties in the process.

Just remember that we're powerless against fate, so Sanae is gonna get her ass kicked by Reimu one way or another.
>> No. 12510
>>12509
Fate?
Only weak people believe in fate, we will create a new outcome of MoF.
>> No. 12511
>>12510
Just like Ku-Chan tried, right? Fate is absolute and all those who stand against it... die

In fact, if we do change it I'll... I'll give you 5 bucks.
>> No. 12512
>>12510
We're going to get into a fight with Reimu (and/or Marisa), like the rest of the Tengu. Sadly, we'll be mixed in with the rest of the stage fodder.
>> No. 12513
[B] Now it’s your turn to ask questions.
>> No. 12514
>>12512

Nah, we'll be a Dual Boss paired with Momiji.

Sadly, we still don't get a portrait or title.
>> No. 12515
>>12514
Akyuu's already given us both.
>> No. 12516
[ℤℯ] >>12501
>> No. 12517
>>12509

Thing is Mikio isn't exactly that strong in terms of Touhou goes, and he has a habit of getting pwned and/or throwing up due to overdoing it.

That and Mikio has played minor roles in many incidents (either during them or after them)
>> No. 12518
>>12517

According to Aya, Mikio's around stage 4 level.

[X] Now it’s your turn to ask questions.
>> No. 12519
>>12518

The same stage as Momiji and Aya.
>> No. 12520
>>12519

Thing is Aya's infamous for holding back most of the time, even in MoF (She's more of a stage 5-6 caliber if she went all out), and even then she's regarded as more difficult than Sanae, the stage 5 boss most of the time.

I guess he's gotten stronger since those days at Eientei and the SDM.
>> No. 12522
[x] Now it’s your turn to ask questions.
------

“Well, um,” you begin, turning back to the girl. “Sanae, is it?”

“Oh. Yes. Kochiya Sanae,” she faces you, nodding smartly.

“Is it alright if I ask a few questions, too?” you reach into your shirt, digging around for a small notebook while fishing in one of your pockets for a pen. “I’m sure it won’t take too long.”

“That’s fine,” she nods again. “Um… there’s really not much I can do for the moment now, anyway.”

“Okay then, first of all,” you begin, flipping the little notebook open. Most of the pages are filled with doodles and drawings from whenever you get bored at work rather than any real notes, but this way you look professional, like you know what you’re doing. “What is this building? I’m guessing it’s a shrine, but…”

“It’s the Moriya shrine,” she responds immediately and eagerly.

“Oh, so it is a shrine, then,” you jot that down. “Next, what role do you play here?”

“I’m the wind priestess here,” she states proudly. “And a living god,” she adds after a pause.

“A shrine maiden?”

“Something like that, yes,” she says.

Are detached sleeves customary of shrine maidens, then? That Hakurei shrine maiden wears detached sleeves as well. You wonder as you look her over again. “Then, that must be the garb for your occupation, right?” you ask.

She nods.

“Even the snake?” you eye the silver snake coiled around a lock of her hair.

“Even the snake,” she nods once again. As she does so, you notice something else in her hair: a hairclip decorating her head, big enough to fit in your palm and shaped like the head of a frog… That hairclip…

“Um, excuse me, are you okay?” Sanae’s voice brings you to reality as you realize that you’ve been staring at her silently for the last few seconds.

“S-sorry,” you say hurriedly. “So is that hairclip a part of your uniform as well?”

“Eh?” she brings a hand up to touch her fingers to it. “No… This is… something else,” she says.

“Very cute.”

“Thank you.”

“Next, were you the one to move this shrine here?”

“Um… how should I say this... it was the god of the lake,” she slowly begins, carefully choosing her words. “My god decided it would be best to move the shrine to Gensokyo, and accrue faith from the youkai there.”

“I see, so that’s your objective,” you quickly jot that down onto the pages. She’s definitely an outsider, then. “And? Now that you’re here, what do you plan to do?”

“I… don’t know,” she says, sighing. “To be honest, I’m not sure how I should start going about collecting faith… I wish Lady Kanako would tell me what to do…”

“Okay, I think that’s enough,” you say, shutting your little notebook and placing it back inside your shirt. Pocketing the pen, you give a slight bow to Sanae. “Thank you for your time. I should get going now.”

“Eh? Um…” she returns the bow reluctantly.

“Then, good bye.” You need to get back fast. You’ll definitely be the first to write about this!

“Please wait a moment!” you feel a tug on your arm as you turn to leave. Looking back, you see Sanae holding onto your arm with a rather scared look on her face. “C…Could you stay a little while longer?”

“What for?” you ask, puzzled.

“W-well,” she says, trying to look as dignified as possible despite her shaking voice. “L-Lady Kanako is still recovering and unable to take form here for now, from moving the shrine and the lake here… A-and, well, um,” she stops, as if struggling to figure out a way to better reword what she’s going to say next.

“… It’s a bit scary to be alone here and…” she finally says in a low, resigned voice. Then, in a barely audible volume, she whispers to herself. “… I really, really hate being alone…”

“Alright, then,” you say, smiling. “I’ll accompany you until your god is here, then.”

“Um… thank you very much,” she says, her face red from embarrassment. “I’m sure it won’t take too long…”

You nod, and she clears her throat, continuing. “We… we can talk in the meanwhile, and there are a lot of things I’d like to know about Gensokyo as well, so…” she trails off. “Oh, and if there’s anything you want to ask as well, feel free. Or if you’d like to head inside, then I can prepare something… Do tengu drink tea…?”

Wait...

[ ] Out here.
[ ] Inside.

As for discussion...

[ ] Let her question you.
[ ] Ask about…
--> [ ] The shrine’s god.
--> [ ] The pillars in the lake.
--> [ ] Write-in.
>> No. 12523
[X] Inside.
[X] Let her question you.
>> No. 12524
[ ] Inside.
[ ] Let her question you.
>> No. 12525
[x] Inside.
[x] Let her question you.

Forms of greeting, spell card rules, etc.
>> No. 12526
[X] "You don't need to worry so much. In Gensokyo everyone drinks tea."

[X] Inside.
[X] Let her question you.
[X] Ask about…
--> [X] The shrine’s god.
---> [X] Both of them.
----> [X] Wait... how did you know there were two... ?
--> [X] The pillars in the lake.

Sanae. We remember.
>> No. 12527
[x] Inside.
[x] Let her question you.
>> No. 12528
[x] Inside.
[x] Let her question you.

Time to help her get used to Gensokyo.

>>12526
That might be a bit meta, since so far Mikio is picking up small bits of that memory stream, not enough to really put 23 and 27 to together.
>> No. 12529
[X] Inside.
[X] Let her question you.
[?] Ask about…
[?] The shrine’s god.
[?] Both of them.
[?] Wait... how did you know there were two... ?
[X] The pillars in the lake.

I'm a bit curious about my choices with "?".
>> No. 12530
[X] "You don't need to worry so much. Everyone drinks tea in Gensokyo."

[X] Inside.
[X] Let her question you.
[X] Ask about…
--> [X] The shrine’s god.
---> [X] Both of them.
----> [X] Wait... how did you know there were two... ?
--> [X] The pillars in the lake.
>> No. 12531
[X] Inside.
[X] Let her question you.
>> No. 12532
[X] Inside.
[X] Let her question you.
[?] Ask about…
[?] The shrine’s god.
[?] Both of them.
[?] Wait... how did you know there were two... ?
[X] The pillars in the lake.
>> No. 12533
[X] "You don't need to worry so much. Everyone drinks tea in Gensokyo."

[X] Inside.
[X] Let her question you.
[X] Ask about…
--> [X] The shrine’s god.
---> [X] Both of them.
----> [X] Wait... how did you know there were two... ?
--> [X] The pillars in the lake.

Odds we lose our mask in front of Sanae sometime?
>> No. 12534
[X] Inside.
[X] Let her question you.
[X] Ask about…
--> [X] The shrine’s god.
---> [X] Both of them.
----> [X] Wait... how did you know there were two... ?
--> [X] The pillars in the lake.
>> No. 12535
[Q] Inside.
[Q] Let her question you.

Don't rush things too much.
>> No. 12536
>[?] Both of them.
>[?] Wait... how did you know there were two... ?

Don't just make up recovered memories on your own, people.

[X] Inside.
[X] Ask about…
--> [X] The shrine’s god.
>> No. 12537
[X] "You don't need to worry so much. Everyone drinks tea in Gensokyo."

[X] Inside.
[X] Let her question you.
[X] Ask about…
--> [X] The shrine’s god.
---> [X] Both of them.
----> [X] Wait... how did you know there were two... ?
--> [X] The pillars in the lake.
>> No. 12538
[0] Inside.
[1] Let her question you.
>> No. 12539
[X] "You don't need to worry so much. Everyone drinks tea in Gensokyo."

[X] Inside.
[X] Let her question you.
[X] Ask about…
--[X] The shrine’s god.
--[X] Both of them.
---[X] Wait... how did you know there were two... ?
--[X] The pillars in the lake.

Our writefag can just ignore the write-ins he doesn't like or think that aren't good for the story.
Although I'd prefer that he didn't.
>> No. 12540
I don't recall if this was just a translation error or what, but during MoF isn't Sanae not aware that Suwako is a resident deity of the shrine in addition to Kanako?
Furthermore, I don't believe it was ever stated to Hoshuu that there were two gods in the shrine. He met both separately while they were acting elusive, and then was confronted by one being ordered by the other (I think we met Kanako?), but I don't think that he ever got the idea that the shrine he was staying at had two gods.

Seriously. Just let Lion handle the memory issues.
>> No. 12541
[x] "You don't need to worry so much. Everyone drinks tea in Gensokyo."
[x] Inside.
[x] Let her question you.
[x] Ask about…
--> [x] The shrine’s god.
--> [x] The pillars in the lake.
>> No. 12542
>>12540

That was a translation issue, actually. Sanae has always been perfectly aware of the fact that her shrine has two goddesses living in it. What she couldn't figure out was why there were two goddesses sharing the shrine, presumably because Kanako and Suwako just never thought it was necessary to explain that to her.

So yes, Sanae was in fact aware of Suwako's presence during MoF.
>> No. 12543
[x] Inside.
[x] Let her question you.
>> No. 12544
[x] Inside.
[x] Let her question you.
>> No. 12545
[+] "You don't need to worry so much. Everyone drinks tea in Gensokyo."
[+] Inside.
[+] Let her question you.
>> No. 12546
[B] Inside.
[B] Let her question you.
>> No. 12547
[X] "You don't need to worry so much. Everyone drinks tea in Gensokyo."
[X] Inside.
[X] Let her question you.
>> No. 12548
[x] "You don't need to worry so much. Everyone drinks tea in Gensokyo."

[x] Inside.
[x] Let her question you.
[x] Ask about…
--[x] The shrine’s god.
--[x] Both of them.
---[x] Wait... how did you know there were two... ?
--[x] The pillars in the lake.
>> No. 12549
[ℤℯ] "You don't need to worry so much. In Gensokyo everyone drinks tea."

Everything else kind of sucks.
>> No. 12552
------

“Ahaha, I don’t think you need to worry about that,” you say with a laugh. “It seems everyone in Gensokyo drinks tea.”

“Really? That’s good,” she says, a relieved smile on her face as she touches the tips of her fingers together. “Then, let’s head inside. Oh, I hope the stove still works…!”

She hurries towards the back of the shrine, and you shrug your shoulders and follow her. She seems like a normal girl, mostly. She doesn’t really look like a shrine maiden at all, though you wonder whether the Hakurei shrine maiden is a good basis for one or not.

Taking off your geta and climbing the porch together with Sanae, you wait as she slides the door open once again. She steps inside, and you follow after her.

“It’s a bit dark in here,” she says. The inside of the place is very dim indeed. “Sorry, but I’m not sure we have candles here at the moment, so let’s just leave the door open for now.”

She walks forward, setting down two cushions at a cozy looking little table. She then heads into the kitchen, opening the windows there. You settle down at the table, waiting calmly as the welcome smell of boiling tea begins to permeate the room.

“Thank goodness, it still works,” Sanae says with delight as she returns with a tray holding a teapot and two Japanese-style teacups, gently setting it down on the surface of the table. “I guess it’s because it runs on gas and not electricity.”

“The outside world uses electricity as a power source?” you ask, as you take the warm cup of tea into your hands. Politely, you bring it up to your lips, cooling with a few blows before taking a sip. “Thank you for the tea,” you add.

“No problem,” she says, sitting down on the other cushion and taking her cup for herself, “And yes, electricity is widespread in the outside world. Probably every household in first world countries use electricity.”

In contrast, probably only the kappa and the tengu make use of electricity here.

“It’s going to be a bit troublesome to adjust to life without it,” she says, looking a little troubled, but still somewhat optimistic, “We sort of didn’t prepare for it, either. The lights won’t work, and the tap won’t work anymore either. The tea was prepared with bottled water.” She then laughs at herself pitifully.

“You mean you weren’t ready for the move at all?”

“It was… a very spontaneous decision,” she says with a nervous laugh, “Lady Kanako sort of lost her head and panicked when she realized that we weren’t getting enough worship. In hindsight, we really should have thought this through beforehand…”

“Ahah, I know how that feels,” you muse, taking another sip of the tea. “By the way, I haven’t really properly introduced myself yet. I’m Kirita Mikio, a crow tengu.”

“Nice to meet you, Mister Kirita,” she says, bowing her head. “Um… this may seem like a silly question, but are you really a youkai?”

“Yes,” you lie.

“Wow… I can’t believe it,” she whispers to herself, “Youkai really exist in this world…”

She trembles fearfully, lowering her head. Or at least, that’s what you think. She suddenly raises her head back up, her eyes almost sparkling with excitement as she enthusiastically pumps her arms.

“That’s so cool!” she shouts gleefully, “Back at home, I thought I was the only one with powers, but I can’t believe that now I’m living in a world full of special people and creatures! Even the thought of it is amazing!”

“Um…” you’re taken aback by her enthusiasm. “Aren’t you scared of youkai at all…? I thought an outsider would…”

She shakes her head. “No. Um, I was really scared to come here at first,” she admits. “But you’re a youkai, and you seem… pretty normal,” she concludes, although she’s staring at your mask as she’s saying this. “But, um, is it really true that youkai eat—“

“G’morning, Sanae,” a sleepy voice comes from the open doorway, catching the attentions of the both of you. Turning to look who it is, you see a tall, imposing woman with poofy, purple standing at the door, openly yawning. “Ohhh, my head…” she groans as she steps inside, rubbing her eyes as she seats herself at a table.

“Lady Kanako, you’re awake!” Sanae lights up with joy at the entrance of this woman, clasping her hands together.

“Not so looooud,” Lady Kanako groans, massaging her temples. “Uuuugh… why do I feel like a faith pillar crashed on my head…?” Shaking herself out of dizziness, she turns and looks at you. “Whozzis, Sanae? A friend from school?”

“What…?” Sanae looks puzzled.

“Sure is dressed funny,” the woman says, not paying much attention to you as she looks away, sprawling herself out on the surface of the table.

“Um… Lady Kanako, are you feeling alright…?” Sanae asks with a worried expression on her face.

“No. I feel terrible… Why are the lights all off, anyway? Can’t see like this.” she says, raising her head and looking around.

“We’re in Gensokyo, Lady Kanako. We don’t have electricity here.”

“Ah, right. Gensokyo,” Lady Kanako nods carelessly. “… That’s right, Gensokyo!” she suddenly shouts, slamming the table and standing immediately as if barely realizing where she is, her face petrified. “… Then, this boy sitting here is…!” she faces you with a horrified look.

“He’s a tengu, Lady Kanako.”

She clutches her head and lets out a frustrated scream before vanishing into thin air.



“… Ahem,” Lady Kanako clears her throat after returning mere minutes later, looking much more dignified this time around. “I apologize that you had to see such a shameful side of myself,” she says. “I wasn’t aware that we had an important guest at our shrine.”

“W-well, it’s really no problem,” you say with an apologetic smile.

“Um, this is the goddess of the lake,” Sanae says, gesturing towards the woman.

“The god of the sky,” she introduces herself in a grandiose tone, “Yasaka Kanako.”

“Kirita Mikio of the tengu,” you exchange greetings with her.

“Say, Mister Kirita,” Sanae begins, “Can I ask you another question?”

“Yes, what is it?”

“Those people flying outside,” she says, “They were your comrades, right? Are they crow tengu, too?”

“Ah? Yeah,” you nod, “They’re here to act as scouts and to investigate the event.”

“Um, then why haven’t they approached us yet?”

“It’s because the tengu have a strict neutrality policy,” you explain. “Whenever a big incident like this happens, tengu are forbidden from directly interfering with the incident without consent from higher ups. In this case, since it involves the mountain itself, a full investigation is probably completely restricted.”

“Wow…” she says, impressed. “Then, you must be really elite if you’re allowed to interact with us.”

…Ah.

Ahhhhhhhhh! You never thought of that! Oh no, you’re… you’re in serious trouble here…!

“Hm hm hm,” Lady Kanako laughs sinisterly as you inwardly scream in panic. “Well done, Sanae. As expected of my devotee,” she says, stroking her chin.

“Eh…?” Sanae raises an eyebrow.

“To have lured a high-ranking tengu here, I would accept nothing less from my wind priestess!” she continues triumphantly. “The tengu are very a very-close knit race of youkai. If we keep him hostage here, then he will serve as a valuable leverage in negoti-”

Sanae promptly smacks her on the head with her gohei, silencing her immediately. “Lady Kanako, that’s bad!” she scolds. “Please don’t take her seriously,” she adds towards you.

“… Sorry, Sanae,” Lady Kanako says dejectedly, although she quickly swells up once more. “But still, it’s good that we’re able to talk to an important tengu representative so quickly. This will definitely speed things up.”

[ ] “Well, uh, actually, I…”
[ ] “Ahaha…ahaha, that really is good, isn’t it? Hahaha…”
>> No. 12553
[x] “Well, uh, actually, I…”

we've always been honest
>> No. 12554
[x] “Well, uh, actually, I…”

I think he might have a decent rank, working under Aya directly half the time, but nothing that high.

And that bit of Sanae whacking the formidable snake goddess of war is amusing.
>> No. 12556
[x] “Ahaha…ahaha, that really is good, isn’t it? Hahaha…”

Get what we need and get the fuck out. No need to give ourself away, here.
>> No. 12559
[x] “Well, uh, actually, I…”

Fucking tengu Prime Directive.
>> No. 12560
[x] “Ahaha…ahaha, that really is good, isn’t it? Hahaha…”
>> No. 12562
[†] “Well, uh, actually, I…”
>> No. 12564
[x] “Well, uh, actually, I…”
>> No. 12565
>>12553
>“Yes,” you lie.
>> No. 12567
[x] “Well, uh, actually, I…”
[x]"..am more of a reporter. Tengu like news."
>> No. 12568
>>12565
That is not quite so much of a lie as we might think. Also, it's a necessary.

[Q] “Well, uh, actually, I…”
>> No. 12570
>>12568

Yeah it's the one of the few lies he's ever told (the other recent case is when Aya forced him to dress in drag.)

That and it's a very necessary lie since revealing he's human could be very damning for the Tengu. Though if he keeps up enough with lower ranked ones, then he's certainly remakable for a human then.
>> No. 12571
[x] “Ahaha…ahaha, that really is good, isn’t it? Hahaha…”

Damn, he sucks at lying.
>> No. 12573
>>12570
If we reveal that we are not an elite Tengu, Sanae might try to help us escape from punishment, or Kanako might shoo us away. If we keep up the act, we may be able to stay a bit longer and have him recover even more of his memories. >>12567 works, too.

Hoshuu and Tayasumi are both liars as well, and not quite as much out of necessity. So why break the chain? Being honest can only get us so far. We will eventually have to do something terrible in order to continue with the plot; lying isn't the worst thing possible.

Besides, the Tengu aren't going to banish us for this. They may have us clean the training rooms for a week; that'd be good for him, anyway.
>> No. 12575
>>12567
That sounds better

[x] “Well, uh, actually, I…”
[x]"..am more of a reporter. Tengu like news."

>>12573
It will not be that bad. They won't suddenly kick him out. After all those years learning/working with Aya, might as well put it to good use here. And we can be sure that she is somewhere out there watching this all in amusement.
>> No. 12576
>>12573

I mean about the lie about him being a tengu, not his rank.

As far as the misadventure here, if he gets info about this first they'd be willing to overlook it, perhaps since they might assume Aya put him up to it. (That or Aya claims credit for the idea, taking some blame off of him)
>> No. 12577
[x] “Well, uh, actually, I…”
[x]"..am more of a reporter. Tengu like news."

Sounds good. I don't think he'd be able to do a good enough job of lying outright about rank, and saying "I'm a reporter" is just a white lie.
>> No. 12579
[x] “Well, uh, actually, I…”
[x]"..am more of a reporter. Tengu like news."
>> No. 12580
>>12577
I wouldn't call it a lie.. since we have been working with Aya.
>> No. 12581
[X] “Well, uh, actually, I…”
[X]"..am more of a reporter. Tengu like news."
>> No. 12582
>>12580
That's why it's a white lie. We are giving a statement that in itself is true but is still misleading; the implication is "I am a reporter and therefore I'm allowed to be here despite what I just said about most tengu not being allowed here. Well, unless you take the vote to mean "Actually, I am just a reporter, and therefore I'm likely going to be in trouble once the others realize I'm down here." My implication was on the former, clearing the misunderstanding that we're high ranking, not the misunderstanding that we're not in deep shit.
>> No. 12583
>>12582

I don't think he'd be that deep of a trouble (Aya'll surely get him out of most of the mess, since it was her that influenced him to be so curious)
>> No. 12584
>>12556
Changing vote to:

[x] "Well, uh, actually, I..."
[x] "..am more of a reporter. Tengu like news."
>> No. 12585
[B] “Well, uh, actually, I…”
[B]"..am more of a reporter. Tengu like news."
>> No. 12586
I'm pretty sure Tenma would forgive Mikio for this. He never did anything against the Tengu customs before, did he? Ogata was also close to both of them, so I'm sure Miki will be spared anything bad.

[ ] “Ahaha…ahaha, that really is good, isn’t it? Hahaha…”
>> No. 12587
[B] “Well, uh, actually, I…”
[B]"..am more of a reporter. Tengu like news."

Because.
>> No. 12588
>>12587

ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 12589
[x] “Well, uh, actually, I…”
[x]"…am more of a reporter. Tengu like news."
[x] You have that camera Aya gave you as a gift? Take a few candid shots of your new neighbors.

Getting involved in an incident? Mikio has done it before.

Officially misrepresenting himself as a tengu of authority? That's... not good at all.
>> No. 12592
File 125826237772.jpg- (224.55KB , 1071x1200 , f8e90e53491a60e81ae1f3f3294c9c19.jpg ) [iqdb]
12592
[x] “Well, uh, actually, I…”
[x] "..am more of a reporter. Tengu like news."
------

“Well, uh, actually I…” you begin nervously, your mind almost completely blank from fear. “I’m… actually a…” low-ranking grunt, you want to say, but a single look at the faces of the two at the table makes you hesitate. Sanae’s looking at you with the sort of respect you don’t ever get from… well, anyone, really, and the god looks so confident that you just don’t have the heart to shatter their illusions.

“A reporter,” you finally manage to spit out, your heart pounding. That’s not a lie, is it? Probably not! It’s the only thing that you can think to say at the moment, anyway. “T-tengu like news…” you awkwardly add.

“Eh? So you’re not a high-ranking official?” Lady Kanako raises an eyebrow, looking slightly deterred, though by all means not discouraged. “That’s fine,” she says, “So, I would assume that the tengu society still values knowledge, though I’d gather that in a world as small as this, there would be no wars for them to be the harbingers of.”

“You’re right,” you nod, “We’ve shifted from politics and wars to being Gensokyo’s main network of information.”

“A powerful position to be in, to be sure,” she says with a smirk, “…And this mountain. It must be the phantom of Yatsugatake. How ironic that our shrine would end up on top of it. Tell me, tengu, aside from your clan, are there any other major youkai forces here?”

“Eh? Um… I guess there’s the kappa. I don’t think they have a single leader, though. They’re our allies here.”

Lady Kanako nods, her smirk growing wider. “What fortune, then,” she says decisively, rising from the table, “Sanae!”

“Y-yes?!”

“It is decided,” she declares in a loud and dramatic voice, “This mountain shall be the base of our main shrine!”

Admittedly, she would look much more impressive if she was, say, outside rather than in the living room of a comfortable looking home.

“Of course, we’ll have to establish branch shrines in other areas of Gensokyo as well,” she continues, crossing her arms together, “But with the aid of the kappa and the tengu, we will spread our influence throughout this world of youkai. Gensokyo will be ours! There shall be no defiant heretics to stand in our way!”

Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.

Lady Kanako stands proudly, as if admiring herself in silence. Her smirk drops, however, when she looks at the two of you still sitting at the table. Neither of you are clapping. Sharply, she turns around, looking up at the ceiling. “Who are you?” she demands, her eyes narrowing.

“Oh no, don’t mind me,” a mature woman’s voice replies, coming from none other than Miss Yukari, peering inside from a gap formed on the surface of the ceiling, “Please, do carry on with your evil scheme of conquest,” she says with an amused smile.

“Don’t make me repeat my question,” her voice firm and unwavering, Lady Kanako speaks in a commanding voice.

The gap in the ceiling closes shut, and another opens up at the doorway, through which Miss Yukari steps out of, standing face to face with the god. “Yakumo Yukari. Pleased to meet you,” she says with a smile, “Ooh, the scent of this tea. I recognize the brand. It’s said to be quite healthy in the outside world, isn’t it? I’ve wanted to try it for a while now,” she says, walking past Lady Kanako and sitting at the table before turning to Sanae, “Won’t you treat this guest with a cup of it?”

Sanae, still recovering from surprise, attempts to stand from the table, but is quickly stopped by a gesture from her god.

“I don’t remember inviting you to be a guest,” she says coldly to Miss Yukari.

“How rude,” she says, looking miffed, “The way I see it, you’re the guest here. Honestly, barging into my Gensokyo, with the subtlety of an Indian elephant! You gave me quite a shock when you broke through the barrier like that, you know, and interrupted my much needed rest,” She stops to stifle a yawn.

“You’re the youkai of the border?” Lady Kanako says, relaxing a little, “Then I must compliment you. Moving the shrine was an unexpectedly difficult trial.”

“Thanks to you, now I have to mend the damages to it. Well, not me personally; that’s really up to Ran. But that’s beside the point,” Miss Yukari says, “Now, how about that tea?”

Sanae looks towards Lady Kanako, who nods, and heads off to the kitchen. Miss Yukari watches her movements with a smirk, apparently thinking of something she found amusing.

“A rival shrine maiden…” you hear her faintly whisper to herself, “How interesting.”

The shrine maiden returns with a steaming kettle, which she pours into the teapot already set on the table. Heading back to the kitchen to put away the kettle, she returns with two cups, placing them on the table before pouring the hot tea into the teacups.

“Thank you very much,” Miss Yukari says, sipping from her cup without even waiting for it to cool. “Ah, tastes as good as I expected.”

“So? To what do we owe the grace of your presence here?” Lady Kanako says in an almost sarcastic tone as she seats herself at the table once more.

“Oh, nothing, really,” she says, lowering her cup, “I just thought I’d be a dear and come say hi to a new neighbor moving in. Aren’t I just sweet?” she laughs. “But more importantly, it’s important that you learn a few things about Gensokyo before you go about settling in.”

“And what might those things be?”

“You’re familiar with danmaku, aren’t you?”

“Of course,” Lady Kanako nods, “Danmaku play between gods weren’t uncommon in the old days of faith.”

“Then this shouldn’t take too long,” Miss Yukari smiles, looking pleased as she reaches into a small gap, pulling out a piece of paper. With a flick of the wrist, she throws it at the god, who coolly catches it between her index and middle fingers. “That’s called a “spellcard.” I’m sure a god of your caliber will find it simple to reproduce many more like it.”

“A spellcard?” Lady Kanako repeats, holding the piece of paper in her hand and gazing intently at it, “I see it holds the power to alter reality,” she notes.

“Yes,” Miss Yukari responds with a smile, “All conflicts between humans and youkai in Gensokyo are to be solved with a danmaku battle. The purpose of the spellcards are to limit the powers of the combatants, or otherwise things drag on or get a bit too messy.”

“Um…” Sanae speaks up, “In other words, danmaku festivals replace actual combat?”

“Precisely,” the youkai replies, “Well, of course, some aspects of regular combat are left in as well, but the spellcards are able to shift the border of battle, so there’s no need to fear for your life. Don’t expect attacks to not hurt, though. Heavens, no.”

Which is one reason why you never want to fight that oni ever again. Her attacks feel brutal.

“Border of battle…? What do you mean?” Sanae asks, confused.

“Hm… well,” Miss Yukari struggles to come up with a suitable explanation. Suddenly, she raises a finger, “For example, think of it like an RPG. Your characters can get stabbed, run over, burned to a crisp, and blasted to oblivion in battle. But in the cutscenes afterwards, they look completely unharmed, right?”

You blink. RPG? Cutscenes? What on earth is she talking about? Sanae seems to understand, though, because she’s patiently nodding her head as Miss Yukari continues to explain.

“That’s because they’re playing by the rules of the videogame. The spellcards impose those same rules here. As long as you’re fighting while its rules are in effect, you won’t be seriously harmed. The spellcard rules turn a dangerous battle with your life at stake into a game.”

“Wow… I see, I guess that makes sense,” Sanae nods, a look of comprehension dawning on her. That didn’t make the slightest amount of sense to you, though.

“Good,” Miss Yukari nods, downing the rest of the tea in her cup, “Now, if you’ll excuse me, I think I’ll go back to sleep. I wish this shrine the best of luck.” She sets the cup down on the table, and then gives a little wave before sinking into a gap on the floor, which shuts after her head disappears.

“Gensokyo sure is amazing…” Sanae says in an awe-struck voice, looking at the spot where Miss Yukari had been sitting less than a few seconds ago.

Lady Kanako nods, and then turns her attention to you. “Right, first on the agenda,” she says to herself before speaking to you, “Will you listen to what I have to say, tengu reporter?”

“… Um, yes…?” you reply nervously.

“I wish for you to carry a message to your superiors,” she says, gazing at you with uncomfortable seriousness, “Will you act as the bridge of communication between the shrine and your clan?”

Like a messenger, or some kind of a diplomat?

[ ] You’ll do it. It might even help alleviate punishments from the tengu.
[ ] No, you’re in enough trouble already.
>> No. 12593
[x] You’ll do it. It might even help alleviate punishments from the tengu.

Why not at this point? We're in the rabbit hole, might as well make the most of it.
>> No. 12594
[x] You’ll do it. It might even help alleviate punishments from the tengu.

Information is information.
>> No. 12595
[x] You’ll do it. It might even help alleviate punishments from the tengu.
>> No. 12597
[x] You’ll do it. It might even help alleviate punishments from the tengu.

We're too far into this to just back out now.
>> No. 12598
[x] You’ll do it. It might even help alleviate punishments from the tengu.

Kirita Mikio. Envoy of the Gods.
>> No. 12599
[+] You’ll do it. It might even help alleviate punishments from the tengu.

In for a penny...

Also, I'm glad the "creatively not lie" option won. Feels good, man.
>> No. 12601
[x] You’ll do it. It might even help alleviate punishments from the tengu.
Now really, is there any other way?
>> No. 12602
File 125827440622.jpg- (118.66KB , 600x580 , d19d2281583a3ec3b861f3d41fbf95f7.jpg ) [iqdb]
12602
>>12598
I sure would like to have some fun with her Shrine Maiden.
>> No. 12603
[x] You’ll do it. It might even help alleviate punishments from the tengu.
The only way we're going to stay out of trouble now is to become as important as possible to diplomatic negotiations with the shrine.
>> No. 12605
[x] You’ll do it. It might even help alleviate punishments from the tengu.
>> No. 12608
[Q] You’ll do it. It might even help alleviate punishments from the tengu.
>> No. 12609
>>12604
>>12606
You get one vote, asshole.
>> No. 12610
[x] You’ll do it. Anything for that green-haired maiden~
>> No. 12611
>>12609
Hahaha, I didn't even notice that.

Though I doubt it matters. There's not even one vote pissing against the tide. Which actually makes him even stranger, now that I think about it.
>> No. 12612
File 125830404135.png- (395.48KB , 604x718 , cd6d92746545d58535f393c7a432d62a.png ) [iqdb]
12612
>>12610
[x] You’ll do it. Anything for that green-haired maiden~

Yes, very yes. I waited 12 Threads for this.
>> No. 12613
[†] You’ll do it. It might even help alleviate punishments from the tengu.
>> No. 12617
>>12614
Think whatever you want, tripfag, doesn't make it right. Or make it cool to spam.
>> No. 12618
>>12606
>>12614
>>12615
Who are you? Can't remember seeing a story that you wrote.
>> No. 12619
>>12618

He hasn't; he's just a tripfag.
>> No. 12620
[x] You’ll do it. It might even help alleviate punishments from the tengu.
>> No. 12622
[x] You’ll do it. Anything for that green-haired maiden~
>> No. 12623
>>12622

Are you trying to provoke the Momiji and Shizuha fans?

Not to say she isn't nice, but voting in such a fashion will no doubt draw their Ire. (especially since those two have been in the running for a good chunk of the story)

Just warning you.
>> No. 12625
>>12624
Trips are for writefags or mods. Having a trip without being neither is like having a neon sign above your posts about how much of an attention whore you are.
So, write a story or lose the trip or get lost.
>> No. 12626
>>12624

Keep it up and blue will come for you. Lose the fucking trip.
>> No. 12627
File 125832541941.jpg- (290.43KB , 846x600 , 258e2e18a19082e74ba07bb68aa5bcf2.jpg ) [iqdb]
12627
>>12623
Oh ho~ Are you not drawing our ire yourself? After all...

YOU SAY IT AS IF THERE WERE ANY COMPETITION IN THE FIRST PLACE
>> No. 12628
>“Will you act as the bridge of communication between the shrine and your clan?”

Sounds awefully familiar...
>> No. 12629
[B] You’ll do it. It might even help alleviate punishments from the tengu.
>> No. 12630
File 125832787959.jpg- (410.77KB , 1061x1545 , 1c3ddf1f170266f7a9f3687beb755aee.jpg ) [iqdb]
12630
>>12623
Why are the green haired Touhous so superior.
ZUN agreed.

Not that i dislike Shizuha, but i want a Sanae route. She was so adorable when she was younger, now she is older and still as adorable.
>> No. 12632
Now if they were different people, we could have both routes.
>> No. 12633
THAT FUCKING LIP>>12630
>> No. 12634
>>12625
>>12626
Fine. Jerks. I'll just stay at my sister's house tonight.
>> No. 12635
>>12634
...are you being intentionally dense? Ditch the name, stupid; even writers don't use them when voting, and considering how inane your posts have been so far (LOL SO RANDOM XD in >>12614 and genius theorizing in >>12615), you're better off if people don't know who you are.

Sage for off-topic rage.
>> No. 12636
>>12630
Sanae is Hoshuu's girl. Regardless, I can't really see Mikio and her together.

And we've never had a Shizuha route before... At least I don't remember there ever being one? Just how often do we gun for the less used characters, not to mention are even given the chance to pursue them at all?

I think she's the perfect match. And we're already on good terms with her, anyway.
>> No. 12637
>>12627

I'm with you guys, but it'd be foolish to dismiss Momiji, she's the only one with a chance, not the greatest one, but considerably more so than the other girls.

But that last scene with Shizuha was just great, and she'd be a great match for Mikio. That and the Aki sisters are really underrated, Shizuha more so.

>>12630
If Shizuha wasn't in the Running, I'd be for a Sanae route.
>> No. 12638
If it came down to deciding on who to go for, I'd totally vote for Shizuha, that last scene with her has won my heart.
>> No. 12639
>>12635
I, personally, don't see anything wrong with keeping the name. I agree that a trip shouldn't be used except by the writers, though.

>argument about character romance routes
This again? Why not save it for when it becomes important to focus on a target in the story, at least?
>> No. 12640
>>12639
>Why not save it for when it becomes important to focus on a target in the story, at least?

I am still not sure if there are character specific routes in this story (like Momiji, Aya, Shizuha, Kanako etc) or a set number of routes with a given character (like route A,B,C and D)
>> No. 12641
You know, This story doesn't feel like a route centric story at all, so the looming route war I can see on the horizon is probably all for nothing.

We don't need anything on the level of GH here, I say. GH's route bitching is just horrible.
>> No. 12642
My apologies, it's just that certain sanae sentiments had the risk of provoking a strong response of the worse kind. (not likely but not ruling out the possibility)

I think there were some folks ready to jump on the Sanae express but as the story went on Shizuha stole our hearts (and no one's complaining)

Though I do think she'd play a sizable part in the plot ahead without a doubt.
>> No. 12643
>>12641
I agree. If romance was supposed to play a part in this tale, it would already have shown up.
>> No. 12644
Just to clear things up, there are character specific routes.

However, they will not be the main focus of the story. But they're there, and definitely not just as an afterthought, either, since all of them will include themes or elements that will tie-in with the main plot at hand.

[x] You’ll do it. It might even help alleviate punishments from the tengu.
------

You’re already in this deep, so there’s no point in backing out now. Who knows, maybe if you do this diplomat thing, the daitengu council might let you off a bit easier than they would have otherwise. Well, that’s assuming you don’t screw this up.

You nod. “Okay, I understand,” you say. She’s just going to ask for things like peaceful cooperation with the tengu and kappa, isn’t she?

“Good,” she smirks, looking pleased. “Then tell your leader that I, Yasaka Kanako, god of the sky and the ancient shrine of Moriya, have come to subjugate Mt. Yatsugatake and its inhabitants! From now on, they will worship me, and I shall rule over them on the summit of this mountain!”

Wait, what? But that sounds less like a message of peace and more like declaration of war!

“W-wait, Lady Kanako,” Sanae speaks up, obviously having qualms with what her god just said, “Maybe you should choose your words a bit more carefully-”

“No time for that, Sanae. Time is of the essence!” Lady Kanako says dismissively, “Go forth, tengu reporter. Carry my message to your clan, and let them know my intentions with haste! Deliver it in the exact words I have said!”

“R-right,” you say, standing from the table with unease tugging at your heart. Is it really going to be okay to deliver a message like that…? “Then, I’ll be going.”

Sanae opens her mouth to protest, but she’s immediately cut off by Lady Kanako, who reaches across the table to place her hands on the girl’s shoulders, gazing into her eyes with intensity.

“And you must prepare as well, my shrine maiden!” she says with a grave voice, “This world is where your divine skills as a wind priestess will be challenged. You must be ready to devote yourself to the tasks at hand, and steel your heart in order to face the most fearsome of youkai!”

“Eeeh?” Poor Sanae’s clearly taken aback, her voice trembling, “B-but can I really defeat youkai…?” she says, as if unsure of herself.

“There! That’s the kind of weakness that can’t be allowed,” Lady Kanako scolds, furrowing her brows, “Remember, Sanae. You’re a living god. A human who’s attained divinity! It’s the duty of a wholesome god to hunt the wicked youkai!”

“Y-yes!” Sanae nods, swelling up with confidence as she pumps her arms. She looks so serious about it now, too…

“…And that’s why you’re undergoing special danmaku training today,” her god says with a smirk, as the single spellcard in her hand becomes many in a flash of light. “We start right now. No breaks until you’ve got at least five patterns!”

That’s all you hear as you walk out of the shrine, heading outside. Dreading your return, you nervously walk towards the front of the shrine. Looking up towards the sky, you see nothing but the white, fluffy clouds above. Heading towards the shrine gate, you begin to step down the long staircase…

Swish.

Before you can even set a single foot on the first step, two crow tengu appear at your side. One of them is giving you a look of pity while the other’s covering his face and shaking his head.

“The daitengu have sent for you, Kirita,” the one looking at you says, “Come with us.”

You sigh, and decide to comply.

……

Miss Aya intercepts the three of you at the entrance of headquarters, volunteering to take you to the council instead.

“Just what did you do, Miki?” she says with a concerned expression as she walks by your side, “I’ve never seen the council so angry before.”

“Is it that bad?” you inquire with a shaky voice.

“Like you wouldn’t believe,” Miss Aya shakes her head, “I’m just bringing you there, but they’ve got me terrified out of my wits too.”

You gulp, dreading what will happen next. All too soon, you’re standing in front of the doublet set of doors leading to the daitengu council. Miss Aya reaches out and pushes the doors open, and you nervously step inside.

The daitengu are some of the oldest, and the most powerful of the clan, with their leader being Lord Tenma himself. They’re also gigantic, easily twice as big as an average man. Even while sitting down, they seem to tower over you, forcing you to crane your neck up to look up at them.

Miss Aya follows behind, remaining silent under the gaze of the council.

“You’ve brought him. Good,” one of the members says in calm, rumbling voice. “You may leave now, Shameimaru.”

“Sir,” she speaks up, “I’m willing to take responsibility for his-”

You may leave now,” he cuts her off with a sterner voice, leaving her at a loss for words.

Silently, Miss Aya bows to the council, before turning to you and giving you a grim nod. With one last lingering gaze at you, she walks out of the room.

“Kirita Mikio,” he moves on to you. His gaze is so piercing it almost hurts to look at him. “Do you understand why we have called you here?” he asks.

You nod.

“You, without consent of higher authority, approached potentially highly dangerous intruders,” he continues, “Did you not?”

“I did,” you say, staring at the floor.

“And what defense might you give to excuse your actions?”

“…I forgot.”

“Idiot boy!” another council member erupts, the one that never liked you. “Do you realize the kind of danger you might have put the entire clan into?! Have you got your head on your shoulders for nothing?!” he shouts, spit flying from his mouth, “Think before you take actions, you dull nitwit!”

“Calm yourself, Taihaku,” Lord Tenma says sharply, shutting the daitengu up. “Kirita Mikio, I hope,” he pauses, closing his eyes, “for dear departed old Ogata’s sake, that you have not done or said anything to shame his memory.”

“No sir, I don’t think I have,” you say, almost trembling.

“Hah, we’ll be the judge of that,” Taihaku says snidely.

“Well then,” the first member speaks, pushing his spectacles up the bridge of his long nose before continuing, “Since you had the opportunity for first encounter with the intruders, give us a detailed account of what you saw, and what you discussed with the outsiders. It must be exact, do you understand?”

Right, of course you’re going to have to relate the account to them. But what about that message…? If you give it to them the way it was, the consequences won’t be good. But then again, both Lady Kanako and the tengu council have demanded that it be exact…

[ ] Give them the message.
[ ] Alter the message (write-in)
>> No. 12645
{X} Give them the message.
>> No. 12646
>However, they will not be the main focus of the story. But they're there, and definitely not just as an afterthought, either, since all of them will include themes or elements that will tie-in with the main plot at hand.

Yes, i thought it would be like that. Just was not 100% sure about it, thanks for clearing it up.
>> No. 12647
[x] Give them the message.

>>12643
>If romance was supposed to play a part in this tale, it would already have shown up.
You might want to take another look at the start of this thread.
>> No. 12648
[X] Give them the message.
>> No. 12649
[x] Give them the message.

Trying to find a way to explain their character's before giving them the message. A war declaration from a fearsome god is a disaster but a hollow threat from an old hag ignorant one can be overlooked.
>> No. 12651
[x] Give them the message.
>> No. 12652
Kill the messenger before he's delivered the message? Excellent idea, councilmen. I see our leaders are well equipped for this war we might have on our hands.

[x] Tell them you represented yourself as a mere reporter. Describe who you met, their personalities, as well as Yakumo's intrusion.
[x] Then give them the message.

Mikio gets saddled with the blame in nearly every situation he comes across, but as much as I want to let them tar & feather some other asshole for a change, I have the feeling we'll be missing out on plot if we don't deliver it.
>> No. 12653
[x] Tell them you represented yourself as a mere reporter. Describe who you met, their personalities, as well as Yakumo's intrusion.
[x] Then give them the message.

He did say to tell everything, and the message certainly wasn't everything.
>> No. 12654
[x] Give them the message.
>> No. 12655
[x] Give them the message.
>> No. 12656
[x] Tell them you represented yourself as a mere reporter. Describe who you met, their personalities, as well as Yakumo's intrusion.
[x] Then give them the message.
Context is kind of important in messages like this.
>> No. 12657
[x] Tell them you represented yourself as a mere reporter. Describe who you met, their personalities, as well as Yakumo's intrusion.
[x] Then give them the message.
>> No. 12658
[x] Tell them you represented yourself as a mere reporter. Describe who you met, their personalities, as well as Yakumo's intrusion.
[x] Then give them the message.
>> No. 12659
>>12644

Of course the main point is Mikio coming to term with those memories and his existence. The romance is just a minor detail compared to that.

[x] Tell them you represented yourself as a mere reporter. You only revealed the general information about the mountain (but nothing that would endanger the Tengu or the Kappa) Describe who you met, their personalities, as well as Yakumo's intrusion.
[x] Then give them the message.

We did answer some of their questions and this should be noted as well as the fact we did not reveal anything important (no secrets or anything)

Kanako's certainly overeager on many accounts. especially the matter of trying to take on Gensokyo.

Especially one Reimu Hakurei; oh will that backfire badly.

And I'm sure the concil knows of Yukari, and what her interference would mean.
>> No. 12660
[x] Tell them you represented yourself as a mere reporter. You only revealed the general information about the mountain (but nothing that would endanger the Tengu or the Kappa) Describe who you met, their personalities, as well as Yakumo's intrusion.
[x] Then give them the message.
>> No. 12661
[x] Tell them you represented yourself as a mere reporter. You only revealed the general information about the mountain (but nothing that would endanger the Tengu or the Kappa) Describe who you met, their personalities, as well as Yakumo's intrusion.
[x] Then give them the message.
>> No. 12662
[x] Tell them you represented yourself as a mere reporter. You only revealed the general information about the mountain (but nothing that would endanger the Tengu or the Kappa) Describe who you met, their personalities, as well as Yakumo's intrusion.
[x] Then give them the message.
>> No. 12663
[x] Tell them you represented yourself as a mere reporter. You only revealed the general information about the mountain (but nothing that would endanger the Tengu or the Kappa) Describe who you met, their personalities, as well as Yakumo's intrusion.
[x] Then give them the message, and whatever photos you took.
>> No. 12664
[x] Tell them you represented yourself as a mere reporter. You only revealed the general information about the mountain (but nothing that would endanger the Tengu or the Kappa) Describe who you met, their personalities, as well as Yakumo's intrusion.
[x] Then give them the message.

This is good. No need to lie now.
>> No. 12665
[x] Tell them you represented yourself as a mere reporter. You only revealed the general information about the mountain (but nothing that would endanger the Tengu or the Kappa) Describe who you met, their personalities, as well as Yakumo's intrusion.
[x] Then give them the message.

I don't think they'll react too kindly towards this...
>> No. 12666
[x] Tell them you represented yourself as a mere reporter. You only revealed the general information about the mountain (but nothing that would endanger the Tengu or the Kappa) Describe who you met, their personalities, as well as Yakumo's intrusion.
[x] Then give them the message.
>> No. 12667
>>12665

I know there'll be some trouble, our hope is to minimize the amount Mikio's in.

And has the Tengu policy on finding strange things been mentioned in the past?
>> No. 12668
>>12667
Yes.

It's in this very goddamn thread, in fact.

Have you been reading this story, or just looking at the pictures?
>> No. 12669
[x] Tell them you represented yourself as a mere reporter. You only revealed the general information about the mountain (but nothing that would endanger the Tengu or the Kappa) Describe who you met, their personalities, as well as Yakumo's intrusion.
[x] Tell them that the new Goddess is looking gor followers and worshippers, and has only the best of intentions.

I really don't want to make things too bad. Count one less vote for the dominant vote, since I forgot which one is mine.
>> No. 12670
>>12668

I mean BEFORE Mikio's chat with Sanae and Kanako. Since it was only after Mikio broke them that it came up recently.

I ask since if they were mentioned before Mikio stepped into the shrine, then the voters forgot or ignored those rules when they choose to go in.
>> No. 12671
>>12669
And then they attack while the Tengu are unprepared?

Mikio would live forever with guilt... if he actually learned how to tell a lie. They'd banish him on the spot.
>> No. 12672
>>12671

I don't think they would attack first, then convert later. It's more possible they will demand the Tengu to become worshippers, then use force if necessary.
>> No. 12673
>>12672

... are you even reading the story? Kanako literally just got through telling Mikio that she intends to conquer the mountain!

>“Good,” she smirks, looking pleased. “Then tell your leader that I, Yasaka Kanako, god of the sky and the ancient shrine of Moriya, have come to subjugate Mt. Yatsugatake and its inhabitants! From now on, they will worship me, and I shall rule over them on the summit of this mountain!”
>> No. 12674
[x] Tell them you represented yourself as a mere reporter. You only revealed the general information about the mountain (but nothing that would endanger the Tengu or the Kappa) Describe who you met, their personalities, as well as Yakumo's intrusion.
[x] Then give them the message.
>> No. 12697
>>12673

Yeah, but hey, if it seems you can achieve your objectives with a more peaceful approach, would you still rather go to war?
>> No. 12699
>>12670
No, and this was pretty obviously going to be part of the story no matter what people voted.


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x