- [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (Reply to 10406)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 124216235641.jpg - (128.87KB, 1024x768, devil-may-cry-4-07a.jpg) [iqdb]
10406 No. 10406
Hmph, the great Nero, a video game character in your dream. And he has to be an ass. Whatever, you'll just have some tea. You lift your hands in front of you, already holding an empty cup. The skies themselves pour tea into your cup. Ah, what nice omnipotence lucid dreaming has... You take a sip, tasting pretty much everything you like. Chocolate tea, why not?

You look at Nero again. He's an eyesore.
"Fuck off." You flick your wrist a bit, and the cup flies at Nero with great speed. He blocks the impact with his Devil Bringer, but that doesn't change the fact that he's now covered in tea.

"You..." Is the only thing he mutters before taking a step closer to swing at you. Red Queen is even more beautiful in a dream, leaving a nice firey trail behind it. You lift your right hand to catch the blade. An intense wind is created by the impact, blowing off the windows of your room. Your right hand, is the Devil Bringer.

"Sure, I might rely on your body." You tighten your grip on the sword, bending it, crushing it.
"But that doesn't change the fact that you answer to me." You lift Nero up with his sword, and slam him in the walls, the ceiling, the floor. After about 4 impacts, his sword is utterly destroyed, and Nero's crippled body is leaning on to the wall. You perform the finisher, a giant palm slamming his body into the wall. Nothing remains.
"Lucid dreaming sure is nice." You whisper to yourself and exit your room through the only door...
=
Uh, your throat still sort of hurts. But your Devil Bringer feels better. It has some of that glow returned to it. Looks like you're in bed again. That same bed where Hina tended to you, after you obliterated a nefarious cabinet.

What time is it anyway? No clocks, and you're underground. You were knocked out by tea, was it? You haven't been in bed for like...an entire day? Or a week? Or maybe you get to experience the world in all of its post-apocalyptic glory? That'd be kind of cool.

You exit the room and shout in the hallway.
"Nitori? Are you around here?"
You were about to enter the main 'tinkering hall' as you bumped into... What the hell did you bump into?
"I'm here." Nitori's voice right in front of you. You stare at the empty space where you heard the voice... No way, it looks like that cool movie special effect. Optical camouflage? Oh, didn't she have that thing when you first met her? And you thought it was just trickery on your eyes.
"Uh, how long was I out?" You ask.. no one.
"Uh, an hour. Or two... or six. I don't know, I lose track of time when I work." Nitori answers. Hey, you can sort of make out her head when she talks.
"Right, where's Hina?"
"She just left. If you hurry, you'll catch her." That optical camouflage thing is awesome. You want one.

[] Rush after Hina.
[] "So, what happened to me?"
[] "That camouflage thing... It's awesome!"
Expand all images
>> No. 10407
[x] "So, what happened to me?"
[x] Rush after Hina. Apologize for earlier.
>> No. 10410
[x] "So, what happen to me?"
[x] While Nitori is explaining, deliberately distance yourself from her, using her voice as reference to her location, hopefully forcing her to uncover her camouflage.
[x] "That camouflage thing... It's awesome! Can i borrow one?"
>> No. 10417
[x] "So, what happen to me?"
[x] While Nitori is explaining, deliberately distance yourself from her, using her voice as reference to her location, hopefully forcing her to uncover her camouflage.
[x] "Super Science never fails to impress! That camouflage thing... It's awesome! Can i borrow one?"

Maxed Charisma. use it. abuse it.
>> No. 10418
[x]>>10417

That one's fine.
>> No. 10420
[x] >>10417
This.
>> No. 10421
[x] "So, what happen to me?"
[x] While Nitori is explaining, deliberately distance yourself from her, using her voice as reference to her location, hopefully forcing her to uncover her camouflage.
[x] "Super Science never fails to impress! That camouflage thing... It's awesome! Can i borrow one?"
>> No. 10422
[x] "So, what happen to me?"
[x] While Nitori is explaining, deliberately distance yourself from her, using her voice as reference to her location, hopefully forcing her to uncover her camouflage.
[x] "Super Science never fails to impress! That camouflage thing... It's awesome! Can i borrow one?"
>> No. 10423
And the poor curse goddess walks off thinking she murdered us...
>> No. 10424
>>10423

She's used to it...
>> No. 10428
[~] "So, what happened to me?"
[z] While Nitori is explaining, deliberately distance yourself from her, using her voice as a reference to her location, hopefully forcing her to uncover her camouflage.
[e] "Super Science never fails to impress! That camouflage thing... It's awesome! Can I borrow one?"

That's a bit better.
>> No. 10434
So, after that bit of throat spikes, the next morning my throat was sore. Thought it was nothing...

Now I can't properly talk, I may have cursed myself. Need to find a Curse Goddess...
>> No. 10541
Updates? Its been a week.
>> No. 10548
>>10541
Er.. right.
Incoming exams, tests. Missed some of my deadlines, have to write an essay.

Can I have another week?4 days?
>> No. 10550
>>10548
No, get to writing.
>> No. 10596
"So, what happened to me?" You ask Nitori. Nitori becomes completely visible, she switched that camouflage off.
"I think Hina let one accidentaly loose. And it somehow ended up in your tea. It sometimes happens when she's around, it's nothing really. She blames herself, maybe even too hard." Nitori speaks quickly.
"Wait wait wait. Let what loose?"
"A curse." She says. What? You drank a curse?! Isn't that like, fatal? And here you are, with a sore throat... That's kind of badass.
"Isn't Hina supposed to put curses in dolls? Atleast that's what she told me."
"Making a doll takes time, you know! And she goes around absorbing curses every day! There's a whole bunch of curses inside Miss Hina." Nitori throws a few exaggerated hand gestures. Huh, a Curse Goddess is that dangerous? It would surely suck to receive Hina's anger. Infinite number of curses. You try imagining someone with every single curse. Uh, that's probably even more horrible than being infected with every single disease. You discard the sickening thoughts.
"That.. that disguise thing. Turn it on, again!" You tell Nitori.
"Oh. Okay!" Nitori's image flickers for a moment, and vanishes nigh-completely. Oh damn that's awesome.
"Super Science never fails to impress me! That camouflage thing... It's awesome!" You give a thumbs-up in the general direction. She's there, has to be. You lose your balance, someone sweeped your legs...? You fall on your back, landing on your stylish coat. That Kappa. She's looking at you, close enough for distortions to be visible. She's probably grinning like mad, too.
"Can I borrow one?" You ask.
"Huh?!" Nitori is startled, and remains quiet for a while. She reappears, and takes something off her wrist. Looks like an oversized watch, with several rotating parts.
"I don't know. It's just a prototype." Nitori grabs her hat and scratches her head with that hand.
"Wouldn't a prototype need testing?" You ask.
"Ah, yes, I guess that's right. What kind of testing you have in mind?"

[] "Is it battle capable?" Invisible sword swinging sounds useful, and awesome.
[] "Can it work for long periods of time?" You could stalk someone. (Who?)
[] Forget it, you might break it. It's just a prototype.
>> No. 10598
[x] Hmm... could I just check it out for a bit?
[x] Hold it with your Devil Bringer. (Gently)

If we're lucky, we might be able to absorb it and gain some cool new power. We'll make it up to Nitori some how.
>> No. 10613
[x] "Can it work for long periods of time?" You could stalk the twin goddesses.
>> No. 10615
[x] "Is it battle capable?"
[x] "Can it work for long periods of time?"
[x] "Is it element resistant?"
[x] An adventure is in store!
>> No. 10619
[x] "Is it battle capable?"
[x] "Can it work for long periods of time?"
[x] "Is it element resistant?"
[x] An adventure is in store!
>> No. 10624
Changing vote

[x] "Is it battle capable?"
[x] "Can it work for long periods of time?"
[x] "Is it element resistant?"
[x] An adventure is in store!
>> No. 10638
[d] "Is it battle capable?"
[a] "Can it work for long periods of time?"
[z] "Is it element resistant?"
[e] An adventure is in store!

I like it.
>> No. 10641
[X] "Is it battle capable?"
[X] "Can it work for long periods of time?"
[X] "Is it element resistant?"
[X] An adventure is in store!

What can possibly go wrong?
>> No. 10643
>>10615
>>10619
>>10638
>>10641
What do you want to do first, exactly?
>> No. 10644
>>10643

Wow we're slow, but hey assuming it's unanimous...

[X]Stalk the two Goddesses up at the Moriya Shrine.

We were given an insisted invite by Suwako and what better way to appear and reappear for shits and giggles. Need awesome write in though for it to be stylish...
>> No. 10649
[X]Find Hina while cloaked and surprise her with your sudden "recovery" by finding some opponents with her in tow as a spectator.
>> No. 10651
[X]Find Hina while cloaked and surprise her with your sudden "recovery" by finding some opponents with her in tow as a spectator.
>> No. 10653
File 124336393342.jpg - (5.99KB, 100x128, oh yeaahhhhh.jpg) [iqdb]
10653
>>10649 amending this as I was suddenly smacked with inspiration... more or less...

[X]Find Hina while cloaked in order to surprise her with your sudden "recovery"; continued by sweeping Hina off her feet and holding her bridal style. "Guess who~!" he whispers into her ear. Quickly changing his hold on Hina with his Devil Bringer for a stronger grip, with a slight bent to the balanced leg and the other sticking out as if to leg sweep an invisible foe; turning the cloaking device off for dramatac revealing effect, point towards the heavens with free hand, "I'm back~! Cmon I'll show ya~!"

Go find some opponents/obstacles with her in tow as a spectator and watch you in action.
>> No. 10654
>>10653

Man some one rewrite it for me please, I wrote it so frantically so as to not lose the thought, unless some one else gets a better idea,

saging self for self-depreciation of writing skillz
>> No. 10663
>>10653
I like this one. Voting for this as well as >>10619
>> No. 10664
Voting for >>10653

Can't resist Hina...
>> No. 10720
School ended, responsibilities lifted... I'll get back to writing... after I throw this party.
>> No. 10724
File 124390964660.png - (428.13KB, 580x580, Thispartysgettingcrazy.png) [iqdb]
10724
>>10720

This party's getting crazy!
>> No. 10759
A week long party is CRAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZY indeed.
>> No. 10772
It's only been four days. Update should arrive today. Just waiting for the planetary alignment. Now, let me get back to predicting the weather via animal sacrifice.
>> No. 10773
>>10759

I'd say it's normal... By Suika's standards at least...

Beer Pong Requiem - Grazing Illuminessence any one..?
>> No. 10785
"Can that thing work for long periods of time?" You ask. Man, to be invisible indefinetely. That certainly fires up your imagination engine. You could whisper creepy stuff in people's ears, pretend to be a poltergeist, or perhaps observe where you normally could not. You grin.
"Hmm, I'm not actually sure. I sometimes use it when I'm looking for stuff. And some pranks, too. You're gonna do pranks, aren't you?" Nitori asks.
"Pranks? No, not at all. I'm just going to lend a helping hand to science!" You make a fist with your Devil Bringer.
"So, how do I turn it on? I'm going to test this baby for a long time."
"Well, you put this on your wrist. Left wrist." Nitori helps you attach the watch-resembling device to your wrist. Okay, that's way too many spinning pieces. It looks like the camouflage device has so many rotating parts that it kind of resembles a solar system. Guess you can change the axes, for whatever reasons.
"Right. Let me adjust the field parameters." Huh? Nitori messes with the watch a bit, you don't really get it.
"Okay, just hit this button, and you're invisible!" Nitori points at the only button on the device and just grins.
"Be sure to do glorious pranks!"
"Yeah, sure." You say, and press the button surrounded by spinning stuff.

Your vision flickers, changes colors. A moment passes, and you can see again, only that everything has a greenish tint now. Hey, this is kind of awesome. You take a look at your own hands... What hands? Hah, this is brilliant. You're actually invisible, well, you can vaguely see your outlines. But if you're unmoving, you're certainly impossible to see.
"Oh, damn, this is cool." You shout.
"Hey, Nitori, what about things I touch? Will they turn invisible?" You ask.
"Umm, it's sort of a field, so, if you keep it close to yourself, it's in the field. But, if you hold something extended, or really long, it'll exit the field."
"Right. Keep things close. So, can anything damage it? Like, water, for example?" You keep questioning.
"I don't know, you're the tester."
"Oh, ofcourse. Right, I'm off then, maybe I can catch up with Hina." You give a little salute to Nitori, then realizing, she couldn't see that.

You step outside of Nitori's cave. You are actually not casting a shadow. The sunlight just, goes through you. Looks like it's noon, too. Right, off to follow Hina.

Where would Hina go in the first place? You don't really have a clue.

[] Forest.
[] That hill, over there. With the flowers. If she isn't there, you can get better view, instead.
[] Moriya Shrine
[] Stop wasting time. You've got pranks to play, people to stalk, science to do! Specify location.
>> No. 10787
[X] Forest

I don't think even that cloaking device will aid him against that particular hill with the flowers, too easy to show footprints...

Plus she got to be within the forest, assuming Pseudo-Nero is chasing Hina...
>> No. 10788
[x] Stop wasting time. You've got pranks to play, people to stalk, science to do!
[x] Tengu Mountain

Hey Momizi~ Slacking off?
>> No. 10789
[X] Forest
>> No. 10795
[ze] Forest
>> No. 10796
[X] Forest
>> No. 10827
Maybe Hina went to the forest. Hm, staying around being indecisive is going to lower your chances of finding her anyway. You decide to rush through the forest. Even if you can't find Hina, you could get some exercise. You confirm your invisibility once more, and then jog towards the trees.

Perhaps the forest wasn't a good idea. You keep jogging past the towering trees, all alike. There's no path here, either. Would Hina really come here? Maybe you should head back. You stop after witnessing a few squirrels being startled by unexpected noise from your invisible running. Yeah, you should turn back before you get... lost. Right. You're lost. Great. The trees, they look all the same. You punch the nearest tree, causing it to crack a little. Hm, your strength has returned slightly. A monstrous fist isn't what you need right now. It'd be nice to be able to fly. You shake useless fantasies off yourself and walk in a random direction.

No way... A house in the middle of the forest. There's no path even. It's like it was dropped out of nowhere. Maybe you can ask for directions, or... well, you have a scientific experiment to do.

[] Turn off your camouflage and knock on the door. You need help, science can be done later.
[] Try the door, be silent.
[] Knock on the door, be silent.
[] Try the windows, be silent.
>> No. 10831
[B] Try the windows, be silent.
>> No. 10833
[X] Try the windows, be silent.

Oh great next thing we know he gets stuck half way getting in and the device suddenly dies.
>> No. 10834
[x] Try the windows, be silent.

>>10833
I'd rather we get stuck in a window than alerting something of our presence.
>> No. 10835
>>10834

How's seeing someone's legs flailing about outside one of your windows not alarming; especially if your cloaking device dies due to heavy physical abuse..?
>> No. 10836
>>10833
PRETTY NEIGHBOR END
>> No. 10838
File 124467335084.png - (492B, 288x216, codec.png) [iqdb]
10838
You have an experiment to do. You're not gonna break anything, hopefully. You step towards the nearest window. Hey, it's open even! This is going to be extremely easy. That's right. easy! Nothing can go wrong here. You put your foot on the edge. Now, all you need to do is take another step.

You hear a loud noise. Oh crap, your sword is huge, you sort of forgot that. You grab your sword and hold it horizontally, it's visible now. You step inside the house and quickly withdraw your sword. Right, everything's fine, just a small room with two doors. No one heard that anywa- Are those footsteps? You quickly return your sword to your back. Right, don't move. Don't even breathe!

Footsteps, closer and closer. It's in the next room now! The door opens. Time to act like a statue!
It's a girl. Her dress is black and white, and on her head... rests a witch hat? Man, that's way too big. Then again, it sort of suits her. She's looking around the room. She glances you for a moment, but it seems you're actually totally invisible. She's about to exit the room, you sigh in relief.

She immediately turns around, oh crap she must have heard that. She is looking straight at you. Oh no, she's coming closer, she might want to close the window, but that'd mean going through you. She's inches away from you, looking at your neck, or hopefully, through it. She looks confused.
"Mmh, 's nothing, Marisa." She says. Possibly to herself. She turns around, and exits the room. This time you won't forget the whole being silent part.

[] Follow her, see what's she's doing.
[] Creep her out. make noises, move furniture, leave notes. (Specify mindgames)
[] Forget this, back out of the window.
>> No. 10839
[X] Follow her, see what's she's doing.

The hell? No votes in this long?
>> No. 10840
[X] Follow her, see what's she's doing.
>> No. 10841
[x] Steal her hat
[x] Quick, back out of the window! No, just kick down the door!
>> No. 10842
[X] Follow her, see what's she's doing.
>> No. 10853
[X] Follow her, see what's she's doing.

~~~
>> No. 10858
[X] Follow her, see what's she's doing.

Continue with the experiment~!
>> No. 10869
[x] Steal her hat
[x] Quick, back out of the window! No, just kick down the door!

looks funny~
>> No. 10874
[ze] Follow her, see what's she's doing.
>> No. 10879
A witch, huh. Or someone dressing up as a witch. With a house in the middle of nowhere. That's pretty unbelievable. Wonder, what she does around here? You decide to slowly creep after her, and check things out. You go through the door she went through. Hmm, nothing interesting here, just a bed by the window. She must be in the next room.

The door is open, so you don't have to risk opening it. Excellent, now all you need to do is spread your weight slowly so you don't make the floor creak. Either the floor is superb, or you're a master sneaker, there's no sound at all. You enter a study room, and the supposed witch is at a desk. There's a lot of books. A lot. And they're spread out pretty chaotically. Ah yes, the infamous "Chaotic desk" system. You have one at home, and you know exactly where everything is. She must be using it, too.

So she's reading, huh? She seems to be making notes, as well. Hah, she could be learning magic, or something, she does have a pretty stereotypical hat, after all. Let's see what these books are about.

"Arcane: Storage and Energy", "Elementalists' Philosophy", "Familiars and Control"? Are these... books about magic? Oh crap, she might actually be a witch. What's this? "Optics"? A physics book amongst magic books, how ironic is that. Since the witch is currently faced away from you, you decide to check a few pages in some books.

Let's see, "Arcane: Storage and Energy". After a bit of skimming the introduction, you decide to put the thing down that Newton would call an abomination. If this thing is actually real, then apparantely Newton's laws are only suggestions, not facts. Right, maybe another book.

Knocking... on the door. The witch has visitors!
"Coming!" The witch shouts, and finishes her note. Oh crap, the book you're holding is visible, you can't put it back without tossing it, you have to hug it.

The book is:
[] "Elementalists' Philsophy"
[] "Familiars and Control"
[] "Levitation - Objects"
[] "Optics"
>> No. 10880
[] "Elementalists' Philsophy"
>> No. 10881
[x] "Elementalists' Philsophy"

Could be a good way to boost Red Queen's power.
>> No. 10882
[x] "Elementalists' Philsophy"
>> No. 10885
>>10881
If we're going to think like that, it would be more useful to know how to fly, shield ourselves with debris, or hock weapons at people.

[x] "Levitation - Objects"
>> No. 10886
[x] "Levitation - Objects"

Telekinesis is underestimated.
>> No. 10887
[x] "Levitation - Objects"
>> No. 10888
[B] "Levitation - Objects"
>> No. 10889
[x] "Levitation - Objects"
>> No. 10893
Calling it. No update yet. People want stuff from me. Annoying stuff.
>> No. 10906
>>10893
Hoora--

...awww.
>> No. 10932
>>10893
Yeah we want our update my dear Chielsaaa~
>> No. 10938
Holding the book close to you, good, it's now in the cloaking field, or something like that. The witch heads through a door, leading to a hallway. That's the main entrance.

"Ah, Alice, 's you! Come on inside. You want a drink? Kourin gave me something special." You hear the witch speak. She comes back to the study room, no, through it, and goes to a kitchen-like room. You dare not move.
"Special? What, Marisa, you're drinking alcohol? That oni really has some bad influence on you." Another girl, presumably with the name Alice, follows her through the study room, casually ignoring your existance, and the Chaotic Desk system.
"Here, have some. 's good." Marisa offers Alice. You lean a bit to get a more detailed look of the kitchen. Just some cupboards and an oven. Marisa is pouring a drink for Alice, looks like beer. It would be nice to be able to join them.
"No no, you know I'm not good with alcohol." Alice says.
"Oh c'mon. It's boring to drink it alone. Reimu is all grumpy, too. And no way I'm going to try my luck with those crazy blood-suckers." Marisa insists.
"Marisa, I have work to do. Have you been borrowing my book-"
"Drink!" Marisa interrupts Alice.
"I really need tha-"
"Drink with me, I'll give you your books, I'll throw in a physics book, too. I heard it's for lasers."
"Oh, but... Alright, I'll take a sip or two." Alice gives in.
She takes a nice sip and breathes deeply. Marisa grins at Alice. Alice takes another sip.
"I really shouldn't be drinking this. So, those books?"
"Keep drinking."

[] This could get interesting. Watch a bit more.
[] Slowly exit the house.
==
Video games are nice because they help you stop writing updates
>> No. 10939
[X] This could get interesting. Watch a bit more.
>> No. 10940
[] Slowly exit the house.
>> No. 10941
[X] This could get interesting. Watch a bit more.

We can ask to join in once they're good and drunk.
>> No. 10942
[x] This could get interesting. Watch a bit more.

Push the cloaking abilities to the limit.
>> No. 10953
[ze] Slowly exit the house.

We are supposed to be testing out how stealthy we can be, but I'm worried about Alice catching us with one of her invisible doll-wires.

Besides, we have booty. Let us resume our hunt for the intended target of pranksterity.
>> No. 10954
[x] Slowly exit the house.
>> No. 10955
[] This could get interesting. Watch a bit more.

It will be easier to sneak out when their drunk.
>> No. 10956
[x] Slowly exit the house.
>> No. 10957
[x] Slowly exit the house.
>> No. 10960
[x] Slowly exit the house.
>> No. 10962
[B] This could get interesting. Watch a bit more.
>> No. 10967
[x] This could get interesting. Watch a bit more.
>> No. 10969
[X] Slowly exit the house.

What could possibly go wrong?
>> No. 10970
[X] This could get interesting. Watch a bit more.

Drunken Alice antics. Sounds hot.
>> No. 10971
[X] Slowly exit the house.
>> No. 10990
Exiting wins. Writing now, sort of.
>> No. 10991
>Writing now, sort of.

No you're not!

[X] This could get interesting. Watch a bit more.
>> No. 11010
>>10991
The vote was already called, and you are a prick.
>> No. 11040
Sorry guys, I have to put this to a minor hiatus. A few weeks, or something. If you're lucky, I might start feeling guilty about not writing and come back sooner.
>> No. 11114
Attempting guilt trip...
>> No. 11153
Guilt trip failed.

Do you wish to try again?

//YN

N
>> No. 11175
>>11153
Y
>> No. 11177
I guess you're not so special after all.
>> No. 11332
Got lost in my laziness. Decided to write one day. Later that day I fell and almost lost one of my hands, talk about demotivation.

Now my hand is all healed, I should write like two Fists of the North Star the whole of August.
>> No. 11342
You've been in someone else's house long enough, and you've even taken their stuff. Or maybe this book actually belongs to that Alice person.
"Heeh, guess I can drink a little bit more." Alice says.
"That's the spirit!"
It's certainly the time to leave. You might end up seeing something you're not supposed to see. You creep back towards the window you came in. Watch it, dangerously huge sword. Keeping that in mind, you silently exit the building. You feel kind of proud, even though sneaking away from loud drinkers isn't exactly difficult to do.

What the hell was that? A witch? She seemed pretty genuine, too. And that Alice person, she wanted her books back, books about magic? This magic seems pretty interesting, you should investigate it later. But you have something more important to do. Something far more important than party tricks. You have to do... science!. You proudly step into the woods, once more.

Science or not, you're still pretty lost. Curse the trees for looking alike. Compasses should grow on trees. Why aren't there any forest paths either, even though there's an obviously occupied house? Whatever, going in one straight direction might get you somewhere. It's not like this is a cursed forest... maybe.

Weird, how long have you gone without eating anything? Last time you ate was yesterday... yet you don't exactly feel hungry. Guess this body doesn't want much nourishment. You keep walking presumably in a straight direction while trying to figure out why you aren't hungry. Maybe you're ill?

No way, another house in the middle of a forest, and no forest paths. What the hell, it even looks clean and well-maintained. You head for the entrance, there's a sign that says "Kourindou". Might as well head inside. You open the door, which is connected to a bell, announcing your entry.

The room is full of... well.. stuff. There's books, quite a lot of them, a fair share of electrical appliances, seems like there's some kind of clothing section as well... and a whole set of objects anyone would categorize as "Miscelanneous". Oh, someone's coming.

[] Turn that stealth camouflage off, and ask for directions.
[] Keep it on.
>> No. 11343
[] Turn that stealth camouflage off, and ask for directions.
>> No. 11347
>>11332
YES!

[ze] Turn that stealth camouflage off, and ask for directions.
>> No. 11348
>>11332
Ouch. What happened to your hands?

>>11342
[x] Keep it on.

How long is our stealth modulator's duration, by the way?
>> No. 11350
[x] Turn that stealth camouflage off, and ask for directions.
>> No. 11357
[x] Turn that stealth camouflage off, and ask for directions.
>> No. 11360
You need directions and being invisible doesn't exactly help with conversations, so you hit the switch. Ah, you missed seeing your body parts. Seems like you've gotten slightly dirty while you were using it. Wait, business idea! Stealth camouflage can remove those pesky stains, you wouldn't even have to wash.

But that sort of makes clothing invisible, too. Bah, that's not effective at all.

A man enters the room and heads for the chair behind the counter while reading... eh, he's reading some manga. He has white hair, just like you do. His clothing is pretty traditional, yet stylish. The whole blue theme is wonderful. He puts his book down, and... puts his glasses on.
No, damn, those glasses aren't stylish at all, they're way too round.
"Hello." Is all he says.
"Uh... right, hello, where am I actually?" You ask.
"This, this is a shop, wasn't there a sign?"
"Shop? Right, ofcourse... What exactly do you sell?" You must ask, it surely can't be...
"Everything you see. Except what isn't for sale." He responds. Huh?
"Right, I'm kind of lost. Which way is the mountain? Youkai mountain, that is." You ask.
"Youkai mountain? Well, it's to the southeast, but it's pretty far away. Hey, can't you fly?"
"What, fly? No, no I can't do anything like that." Fly? He's been reading too much manga.
"Well, if you can't fly, that explains why you're lost. Hmm... You're better off going to the mountain from the human village. It's to the south, really close."
"Heh, human village." Heh, you're slightly amused by the name.
"Ah, I see... So which way is south?" You ask and the shopkeeper points to the wall behind you. Guess the shop faces the village, then.

[] "Those glasses are horrible."
[] "How's business?"
[] Head for the village.
[] Try going southeast, without getting lost.
==
>>11348
High speed + friction = Why is there no skin, oh god
>> No. 11362
[] Politely inform him that his glasses are the only thing marring his otherwise perfect style set up.
[] Head for the village.

Funny how a guy with Nero's powers doesn't believe in flying people.
>> No. 11363
[x] Politely inform him that his glasses are the only thing marring his otherwise perfect style set up.
[x] Head for the village.

Copying and going with this.
>> No. 11364
[x] Politely inform him that his glasses are the only thing marring his otherwise perfect style set up.
[x] Head for the village.
>> No. 11378
[z] Politely inform him that his glasses are the only thing marring his otherwise perfect style set up.
[e] Head for the village.

I thought Kourin's glasses were square, though.
>> No. 11383
[x] Politely inform him that his glasses are the only thing marring his otherwise perfect style set up.
[x] Head for the village.
>> No. 11384
[x] Politely inform him that his glasses are the only thing marring his otherwise perfect style set up.
[x] Head for the village.
>> No. 11389
"Well, then. I guess I'm taking off." You say.
"You aren't going to buy something?" The shopkeeper asks.
"Uh, well, no money with me. Oh, by the way, your clothes, they look really cool. If people could get a better look at your eyes, this shop would be selling stuff like crazy." You say.
"What? It is selling perfectly well!" He gets irritated.
"Of course. Thanks for the help." You give a single wave and leave the shop. Hmm, pretty interesting shop, selling almost anything. You should come back when you have some money.

So, south was this way, right? The village wasn't supposed to be far, but you certainly can't see it, the damn trees are in the way. Hope you don't get lost going in one direction.

Hey, there're voices nearby. Oh, houses, it's certainly the village. The trees are almost forming a wall, that's pretty good for defending the village, you guess. You exit the woods and step into civilization. This.. what the hell, feudal Japan? And it's not in a movie. No, there are some western houses, too. Human village, huh? The evening atmosphere is pretty relaxing, some kids are playing around, some laughing in the distance.

A couple of armed guys are approaching you. Guards? What, they don't recognize you as human? Oh you were called 'youkai' or something earlier.

"Hey, youkai!" The samurai-like guard shouts at you.
"Me?" You point at yourself.
"Yeah, you aren't going to cause any trouble, right? You even have a huge sword." A monk-like guard asks.
"Trouble? No, no trouble." You say.
"Right, we're keeping an eye on you. If you try something, I'm going to seal your ass." The monk threatens.
"Seal?" You ask.
"He's a youkai hunter, you see." The samurai explains.
"Right." You just nod, and the guards leave you and head back for their post. You just now realize how many glares and glances you've caught from everyone around you.

[] Glares? Glances? You can turn invisible. You're not too sure for how long, though. (Write-in your pranks, investigations, and stuff)
[] Don't mind them, just walk around the village, maybe you'll find something or someone interesting.
[] It's evening, get your ass back to Youkai mountain.
[] Write-in?
>> No. 11390
[] Don't mind them, just walk around the village, maybe you'll find something or someone interesting.
>> No. 11391
[X] It's evening, get your ass back to Youkai mountain.

It's a good idea to get back, especially before you end up breaking the device.
>> No. 11392
[X] It's evening, get your ass back to Youkai mountain.

Find Hina already.
>> No. 11393
[ze] It's evening, get your ass back to Youkai mountain.

Home again, home again, jiggity-jog.
>> No. 11400
[X] It's evening, get your ass back to Youkai mountain.
>> No. 11401
[x] It's evening, get your ass back to Youkai mountain.

We need to get enough rest. And lovingly attended by Hina, on top of that.
>> No. 11415
Guess you should head back. You tried to look for Hina and you only got lost. Well, atleast you could test the stealth device. Besides, seems that youkai aren't tolerated a lot in this village. You can see the mountain from here well enough, it's easy enough to get there. The only way things can get worse is something attacking you, or you end up lost at the mountain. You decide there's nothing to lose, maybe you can find something familiar to navigate by, the waterfall or that place the Aki sisters liked.

The road is pretty rough, guess there's not much reason to travel between the mountain and the village. The road between youkai and humans, pretty easy to understand. The mountain is pretty far, so you pick up your pace, it already is late.

There's another figure going to the mountain. Bit too far away to see. Seems like you're eventually going to walk past it at your speed. It's a damn long road.

By now, you're certain, it's a lady. The stars are pretty good lighting, you can see that she's wearing a pretty extravagant dress. Something pretty familiar. A lady, on a road that leads to youkai.

You've caught up with her quite a bit, she should be able to hear your steps. Spaced out, you guess. The night is quite relaxing, you admit. Wait, those ribbons, isn't that Hina?

[] You've looking for her, run up to Hina!
---[] And say what?
[] Just quietly follow her, being spaced out is nice.
>> No. 11416
[X] You've looking for her, run up to Hina!

It is one of our points, that and we do need help getting back to the place.
>> No. 11417
[x] You've looking for her, run up to Hina!
- [x] Boo!
>> No. 11418
>>11416

I add this to my vote "Could you help me back to the house? I kinda got lost. But I hope you had a nice day as well" but in a more smooth/stylish manner.
>> No. 11419
File 124969082883.png - (200.16KB, 250x1000, 1220662358088.png) [iqdb]
11419
[x] You've looking for her, run up to Hina!
[x] "Could you help me back to the house? I kinda got lost. But I hope you had a nice day as well."
-- [x] say it smoothly and stylishly.
>> No. 11421
>>11418

I said that since I remembered that our character has maxed out Charisma, and the need to do things stylishly.
>> No. 11466
[ze] >>11419 , if such a thing is possible.

I'd wait until the small talk started to get to the "I hope your day was nice," personally.
>> No. 11481
[B] You're looking for her, run up to Hina!
>> No. 11540
Update...
>> No. 11589
Update...
>> No. 11627
Update.
>> No. 11628
File 125264427564.jpg - (20.44KB, 320x240, 794480.jpg) [iqdb]
11628
>> No. 11629
>>11628

DAMMIT MCCOY.

THERE IS STILL HOPE!
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x