- [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (Reply to 938)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 125269828886.jpg - (235.60KB, 1145x849, 68b047de0a456c1078da5a29492d1e04.jpg) [iqdb]
938 No. 938
"Let's check your room." You say, instantly turning bright red again and wishing the ground would swallow you up. You've never been this open in your entire life! What on earth is this girl doing to you?
"Ohoho!" Koishi puts a hand over her mouth. "You think the cat will be there?"
"No, I- I mean yes! The cat might be there." You take a deep breath, trying to steady yourself. "Also I just want to get you alone in your room for more hugging ... argh!" You grit your teeth and hold your face in your free hand.

"Aww." Koishi reaches over and pats you on the head. "Come on then, let's go to my room!"
"R-really?" You look back up. "I mean you, I just met you, I don't mean we should-" You stammer, but Koishi holds up a finger, silencing you.
"Let's go to my room!"
"B-but-"
"Come on!" She tugs on your hand, and you are powerless to resist.

---

The inside of Chireiden is huge, like the inside of some ancient monolithic pyramid. You traverse corridors of stone, across huge hallways, under massive stained-glass windows, always up, back towards the higher levels.
Eventually the furnishings become more like those in a home, even if they do a poor job of hiding the true nature of this place. Carpets half-cover the cold stone floor. Candles and weak electric lamps replace some of the glow-globes, wiring left to trail across the ground. Koishi leads you to a room that has a perfectly ordinary wooden door.

"This is my room, when I'm here." She says, throwing open the door. You're thankful for the end of the journey. All the way here you've had to control yourself, constantly wanting to draw Koishi back into another hug or start singing the praises of how nice it is to hold her hand.
Koishi's room is quite normal, if rather ornate. A double bed, with a canopy and drapes, a writing desk with a mirror and lots of drawers, a dresser with some clothes folded neatly on top. Like the rest of Chireiden the walls are bare grey rock. The window is open and from here you can see out across the Underground City. At least you know where you are now.

"Heeee." Koishi lets go of your hand and flops down on the bed. "Soooo, do you see a cat in here?" She asks. You nervously step inside, half-shutting the door behind you.
"Uh, no." You say, your mouth having gone dry for some reason. "Doesn't look like there's a cat here. Nope. No cats." You stammer, trying to avoid Koishi's eyes.
She sits up on the bed, fluttering her eyelashes. "Oh no, looks like we wasted the trip here." She says, putting her hands up to her cheeks in mock-distress. "Whatever will we do?"

Something goes 'twang' inside your chest.

[ ] HUG NOW PLEASE
[ ] Hey, there's no cat here! Gotta find that cat! Yup, indeed, cat cat cat, where's the cat? Woo, better go find that cat!
[ ] Break down in tears. What is she doing to you?
Expand all images
>> No. 942
[x] Break down in tears. What is she doing to you?
>> No. 943
[ ] Hey, there's no cat here! Gotta find that cat! Yup, indeed, cat cat cat, where's the cat? Woo, better go find that cat!
[ ] Break down in tears. What is she doing to you?
>> No. 944
>Break down in tears. What is she doing to you?

Don't be wimps. So a little girl is making you admit that you want to snuggle her. It's nothing to cry about, you big babies.
>> No. 945
[X] Hey, there's no cat here! Gotta find that cat! Yup, indeed, cat cat cat, where's the cat? Woo, better go find that cat!
[X] What is she doing to you?

I don't think we're quite to the point of breaking down in tears yet.
>> No. 946
File 125269999558.png - (229.28KB, 384x1254, Old_Blood_and_Guts_by_LittleShrimp.png) [iqdb]
946
[X] "So, word is you have a hitbox. I have a hitbox, too. Maybe we should graze our hitboxes together sometime. Maybe some oil. Two hitboxes. Together. Oil."

Too soon?
>> No. 947
>>946
Depends on what Grue's stance on H-Scenes is?
>> No. 948
[x] They've jailed my friend and now they've jailed me. I'm hanging to my willpower with my fingernails; I'm almost done. Resist. This is bigger than my little life, the life of Kogasa, and the life of the kid my friend killed. Resist. Humanity demands it. Resist.
>> No. 949
>>948

Hey man, chill. I read a melodrama once. It's a dark road, and you don't want to go down it, trust me.
>> No. 950
[X]Hey, there's no cat here! Gotta find that pussycat! Yup, indeed, cat cat cat, where's that pussycat? Woo, better go find that pussy!
[X]Erk.


Awesomeface.jpeg
>> No. 951
>>949
Reference detection fail.
>> No. 952
Ah, fuck it. If no one's going with HUGS after giving into id, then I'm going full throttle.

[X]Hey, there's no cat here! Gotta find that pussycat! Yup, indeed, cat cat cat, where's that pussycat? Woo, better go find that pussy!
[X]Erk.

Yes.
>> No. 953
[X]Hey, there's no cat here! Gotta find that pussycat! Yup, indeed, cat cat cat, where's that pussycat? Woo, better go find that pussy!
[X]Erk.

What is this what i hear coming closer and closer?
>> No. 954
[X]Hey, there's no cat here! Gotta find that pussycat! Yup, indeed, cat cat cat, where's that pussycat? Woo, better go find that pussy!
[X]Erk.
>> No. 956
Dear Grue,

Fuck you. Now I can't decide between a Koishi route or Kogasa route. Stop writing such awesome characters.

Love,

Conflicted Anonymous
>> No. 957
Writing now! Might be delayed though, hope not.
>> No. 959
Also,

>>947
>H

You're not even on a route yet. Wait.

>>956
Interesting that you've picked the two characters who have been openly 'nice' to you.
>> No. 960
>Interesting that you've picked the two characters who have been openly 'nice' to you.

Holy shit, they are yandere
>> No. 961
[X] Hey, there's no cat here! Gotta find that cat! Yup, indeed, cat cat cat, where's the cat? Woo, better go find that cat!

In before Dionaea muscipula end?
>> No. 963
Utsuho route. Final destination.
>> No. 964
>Interesting that you've picked the two characters who have been openly 'nice' to you.

Is it really so surprising that people are more inclined to spend time around those who don't immediately try to kill, kidnap, or otherwise harm them? Yeah, there's obviously some mental stability issues, but that's true of every Touhou character.
>> No. 967
File 125270408545.jpg - (150.21KB, 700x1232, 0fc656b90e35b8621273ca4c709d036a.jpg) [iqdb]
967
"Um ... yeah, you know, there's no cat here." You shrug, feeling beads of cold sweat on your forehead. "Gotta find that pussycat, yup." You can feel a nervous grin creeping across your face, have to shake this feeling off, keep babbling, keep her occupied somehow. "Yeah, indeed, mmhmm, where's that pussycat?" You make a half-hearted attempt to glance around the room.
Koishi raises an eyebrow at you, trying to control her smirk.
"Woo, better go find that pussy!" You say, face contorting as your words crash against your own ears. Koishi bursts out laughing, burying her face in the bedcovers to smother her guffaws.

"Erk." There's a lump in your throat, your palms are clammy, and your face is burning red. How did you manage to say that!? You weren't even thinking it, not in the slightest. This girl, she's making you say all the things you'd usually keep back, even the dirty, Freudian jokes slipping out under the radar. You feel very, very small, wishing you had an excuse to slip out of the door.

Koishi obviously notices your discomfort, stopping her laughter short and trying to breathe properly again.
"No no, wait, wait, don't go-ahahaha." She laughs again, but waves you over to the bed. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'll stop laughing, it's not fair." She presses her mouth closed, lips twisting as she tries not to laugh again.
"I mean it's not like meant to do that." You say.
"I know, I know." Koishi straightens up, patting the bed next to her. "Come here."
Your eyes go wide at the invitation. More hugging would be nice but you're not actually going to ... you know? Are you? No way. You gulp, suddenly a little afraid.

"Relax." Koishi says, giving you a smile. You edge over to the bed and sit down, feeling somewhat awkward.
"I just ... uh." That lump in your throat is getting bigger.
"Just let go." She says, shuffling over to you and wrapping her arms around you again. It's warm, and soft, and so impossible to resist. You close your eyes and return the hug.

And really? She doesn't expect anything more.

You blink in shock. What's happening to you? There's tears welling up in your eyes. You sniff, trying to stop them.

"Let go." Koishi whispers.

[ ] Let go.
[ ] Hold on.
[ ] Freak out.
>> No. 968
[X] Let go.
>> No. 969
>>964

Yeah, and some choose Kogasa because she needs the love. But Grue's Koishi is making things difficult.

Let's see Parsee was typical, Satori enigmatic but rather friendly. Orin's a tricky one.

My vote?

[x] Resist like fist of the north star. You can hug after you get things straightened out.
[x] Hey, there's no cat here! Gotta find that cat! Yup, indeed, cat cat cat, where's the cat? Woo, better go find that cat!

Note to self: After things are cleared up, introduce Kogasa and Koishi and have three way hugs... maybe not; dunno how the two would react in front of each other.
>> No. 971
[X] Let go, but let go to your true desire concerning this girl as well...
[X] "BOOOOO! Were you scared?"
>> No. 972
[X] Let go.

It would help. A lot.
>> No. 973
[x] Let go.

I think we should just hug it out of systems since at this rate, we'll be driven nuts.
>> No. 974
[x] Hold on.
>> No. 975
[x] Hold on.

Real men hold out.
>> No. 976
[x] Let go
>> No. 977
[X] Let go.
>> No. 978
>>975

Real men don't face mindwarping youkai without thinking about the possibilities first.
>> No. 980
[x] Let go
I don't see any other options here.
>> No. 981
[X]Let go.
>> No. 982
[x] Let go.
>> No. 985
[x] Hold on.

>>978
Indeed.

>>964
>Is it really so surprising that people are more inclined to spend time around those who don't immediately try to kill, kidnap, or otherwise harm them?
Not normally, no. However, the critical word here is "immediately".

>>959
>Interesting that you've picked the two characters who have been openly 'nice' to you.
Well, that doesn't sound worrying because of its suspiciously innocuous nature.

Not at all.

>>937
Stop being such a faggot.

>>859
>"Have a hug, they're free!"
HNNNNGH

>>866
Oh, wow.

Somebody has a long memory~
>> No. 987
Calling the vote. Writing start in a little while.
>> No. 988
>>978
That is again one of our finest moments.
>> No. 989
>Somebody has a long memory~
Not that long; the whole site's not much more than a year old.

[X] Hold on.
Pissing against the tide after the vote's been called.
>> No. 991
"Let go." Koishi whispers, and you do.

Tears start rolling down your cheeks, and you can't stop them. The lump in your throat is a horrible, choking thing now.
"That's it, go on." Koishi starts rubbing your back. The first sob comes out dry, the second one wet.
"What are you doing to me?" You try to say, but the words are too mangled. The tears keep getting in the way, there's nothing you can do.
"I'm not doing anything." Koishi says, but she doesn't stop hugging you. It feels like you're on the brink of some huge chasm, and she's the only thing stopping you from falling in.
"I ... " You gasp, you can't even think right anymore. "I l-like it w-when you hug me." You can't form anything more complex than that, nothing but the most simple urge for bodily contact. Koishi just nods, pressing your face into her shoulder, letting you cry.
"I know." She says. "You're very alone, aren't you?"
"Mm." You let out a small sound, too small to count, but Koishi can hear it.
"Never really been held before?" She asks. "Not like this, have you?"
"Uh." You let out another sob.
"There, there." She starts stroking your hair. "Now, let's-"

She's turning you inside out.

A bolt of clarity comes through the murk, as a voice floats in from outside the door.
"Koishi, are you home?" Somebody knocks on the door, calling loudly. Koishi's head darts up, suddenly alert.
"Yes, sister! I'm er- don't co-!" She calls back, but it's too late.
"Another prisoner got loose." Satori says as she opens the door. "He might be dangerous, so you ... should ... huh." Satori steps into the room, trailing off as she sees you and Koishi on the bed. Her face goes blank, eyes boring into Koishi, but the third eye settles on you, twitching.

You look back at Satori with bleary, raw eyes, another sob dying in your throat. Suddenly you feel so much better. What were you crying about anyway?
"Koishi." Satori says. "What are you doing?"
"N-nothing!" Koishi smiles, disentangling herself from you and shrugging. "Just making a friend!"
Satori closes her eyes and sighs.
"He's nice!" Koishi says, grinning again now. "He's really very safe with me, really!"

You wipe your eyes on the back of your sleeve, blinking in confusion.
"What just-"
"Ah." Satori holds up a hand for silence.
"I didn't-"
Satori's human eyes look at you with a very firm message. Shut up.

The third eye gives you a look of sympathy, however alien.

[ ] Shut up.
[ ] "Help." Just one word.
[ ] Don't talk, but get up and go over to Satori. You want out, before Koishi reduces you to a gibbering wreck.
[ ] IRON HEART SURGE. Door is open. Small woman blocks your way out. Go.
>> No. 993
[X] Shut up.
[X] Inch back toward Koishi.

I don't think I want to be rescued.
>> No. 994
[x] IRON HEART SURGE. Door is open. Small woman blocks your way out. Go.

I have enough of them telling me what to do. First they imprison us, then they mess with our mind and now they tell us to shut up.
If you don't show at least some guts and get the hell out of there we will forever be trapped.
>> No. 996
[X] IRON HEART SURGE. Door is open. Small woman blocks your way out. Go.

Preferably not exaaactly like this, wait for Satori to come in and busy herself with Koishi, but I think that's quite enough mindrape, thanks.
>> No. 998
>>996
Like he said

[X] IRON HEART SURGE. Door is open. Small woman blocks your way out. Go.
>> No. 999
[x] IRON HEART SURGE. Door is open. Small woman blocks your way out. Go.
>> No. 1005
[X] Don't talk, but get up and go over to Satori. You want out, before Koishi reduces you to a gibbering wreck.
>> No. 1006
[x] IRON HEART SURGE. Door is open. Small woman blocks your way out. Go.
>> No. 1008
[X] Don't talk, but get up and go over to Satori. You want out, before Koishi reduces you to a gibbering wreck.

No need to flee in terror, but some healthy caution is in order.
>> No. 1009
[x] Don't talk, but get up and go over to Satori. You want out, before Koishi reduces you to a gibbering wreck.
[x] if you get a chance, tell Satori about a cat that made off with something.

This is our chance to square things up and be free.
>> No. 1010
[x] Don't talk, but get up and go over to Satori. You want out, before Koishi reduces you to a gibbering wreck.
[x] if you get a chance, tell Satori about a cat that made off with something.
>> No. 1011
[X] Don't talk, but get up and go over to Satori. You want out, before Koishi reduces you to a gibbering wreck.
>> No. 1013
[x] IRON HEART SURGE. Door is open. Small woman blocks your way out. Go.
>> No. 1014
B-but, IHS isn't supposed to work this way.
>> No. 1015
>>1014
>Your fighting spirit, dedication, and training allow you to overcome almost anything to defeat your enemies. When you use this maneuver, select one spell, effect, or other condition currently affecting you and with a duration of 1 or more rounds. That effect ends immediately. You also surge with confidence and vengeance against your enemies, gaining a +2 morale bonus on attack rolls until the end of your next turn.
>other condition

IRON HEART SURGE overcomes whatever the fuck it wants.
>> No. 1016
Calling the vote now. Might be an update in a couple of hours, but might not be able to write until the morning.

Regardless, more tomorrow!
>> No. 1019
I can't help but think the IHS vote doomed him on missing out some good information as well as making him even more suspicious; even with Koishi's vouching... among other things...
I actually enjoyed Satori some how...;_;
>> No. 1021
>>1015
Nothing's affecting us except Koishi's mindfuckery. You can't claim that Satori blocking a door is a condition that explicitly affects the protagonist's self.

Somebody get the GM.
>> No. 1022
>>1021
Addendum:

http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/conditions.htm

Our protagonist is totally cheating.
>> No. 1023
>>1019

Yeah, I think we'll miss out on a few things due to this.

>>1021

True, we might stand a chance of overpowering Satori, but chances are she'd just knock us out again.
>> No. 1024
>>1019
Koishi wasn't vouching for anything more than "Hey look sis, I'm totally breaking this guy's mind into a puddle of goo, ain't it grand?"
Satori, though somewhat amenable, made it clear that naggling little details like truth or one random human's life aren't nearly as important as her convenience.
Chireiden's a bad scene. We should find Orin and leave, maybe not even in that order.
>> No. 1025
...

Did somebody delete a vote? Because when I counted it earlier IHS didn't win. Shit.
>> No. 1026
[X] Don't talk, but get up and go over to Satori. You want out, before Koishi reduces you to a gibbering wreck.

IHS better not win. (Obvious votespam is obvious right here)
>> No. 1027
[X] DON'T tell Satori about the cat.
Addendum to my previous vote, if it matters.
>> No. 1028
File 125272512617.jpg - (114.70KB, 594x541, 6234dab8090dd7d06afd9f5bbdf6b69c.jpg) [iqdb]
1028
Satori's eyes widen as your gaze locks with hers.
"Don't you even think about it. I'll speak you to you after I've dealt with my sister." She says, pointing at you. Too late, she knows. But that won't stop you now. The door is open, the only thing in the way is her. Koishi's mind-warping influence falls away as you

focus

Time almost seems to slow, your own body speeding up as you hurl yourself off the bed. You've still got the backpack, and you compensate for the weight, not wanting to smash the contents against the wall or door.
Satori instantly side-steps as you move, ready to kick your feet out from under you or just grab you by the scruff of your neck as you try to escape.
Her eyes are still half-lidded, her gaze unconcerned and lazy. She's reading your every move, she can see each decision as you make it. Have to confuse her somehow, have to throw her off, shock her, blind her, make her lose her cool. You could hit her, or knock her down, but your mind rejects such actions. She might be a freaky mind-reading underground monster, but she's still a young woman.

You run for the door, just as she expects, then suddenly twist as you reach her. Pulling something like this would be impossible normally, but the weight in your chest gives you the extra gravity, the pivot you need to spin around behind Satori, catch her in your arms and tip her back towards you.
Her eyes widen in surprise, her legs almost giving out underneath her. You have quite literally swept her off her feet. Acting on instinct means she can't follow what you're doing, but instinct is fickle, and you're still a young man.

"Mmm!" She lets out of muffled cry of surprise when you kiss her. It lasts only a moment, just long enough to shock her into inaction.

Soft.

She lands on her ass when you drop her, now bright red in the face.
"You-" She starts, but you skip to the doorway, cutting her off.
"Sorry ladies, looks like my cue to leave." You grin, unable to help yourself. Koishi is grinning right back, giving you a thumbs-up. It would almost be enough to make you shudder, but you're feeling too good now.
This thing in your chest, this weight, this power, it's like a drug. You've gone from psychological breakdown to high as a kite in less than three minutes.
"Wait!" Satori raises a hand, but you're already running.

The hallway flashes past as you let the weight in your chest fade again. It got you away from Satori, but surely you can make it out of Chireiden under your own power. Who's going to stop you now? The cat? You laugh, hurtling down the corridor and back toward the stairs.

A door slams behind you and you look over your shoulder. Satori hurriedly locks Koishi in her room before rushing after you.
"Wait!" She calls again.

[ ] Keep running, ignore her completely.
[ ] Keep running, but hey, you can think at her, right?
[ ] "How about no?" Keep running.
[ ] Stop, hear her out. Keep your distance.
>> No. 1029
[ ] Keep running, ignore her completely.
>> No. 1030
[x] Keep running, but hey, you can think at her, right?

Something along the lines of "You've kidnapped me and held me against my will without giving a word of explanation, so give me a good reason why I should wait?"
>> No. 1031
[x] Stop, hear her out. Keep your distance.

I think we should take time to hear her out, since part of our problem is being bullheaded about things. And without Koishi's influence we'd be able to think rationally.
>> No. 1032
[ ] Keep running, but hey, you can think at her, right?
[ ] Gloat. Gloat like a motherfucker.
>> No. 1033
[X] Keep running, but hey, you can think at her, right?

We are being sort of bull-headed, however we already seem to have started running, so it would be sort of odd to just suddenly stop, but maybe she'll have something to say for herself now that she's sufficiently flustered. Or not. Who knows.
>> No. 1034
[x] Keep running, but hey, you can think at her, right?
[x] Think of how soft her lips were and that you would like to do it again... in private later with just the two of you.

>"Sorry ladies, looks like my cue to leave." You grin, unable to help yourself.
Now that worked out better than i thought.
>> No. 1035
[X] Stop, hear her out. Keep your distance.

This could very well be vital~!

Don't fuck this up~!

Plus if the inner weight's power is diminishing very rapidly, you're only gonna get caught again and I doubt Satori will allow such an easy escape the second time.
>> No. 1036
[X] Keep running, but hey, you can think at her, right?
>> No. 1037
[X] Keep running, but hey, you can think at her, right?

>>1030 has the right idea. If there's a chance of us escaping, Satori might drop the arrogance for a minute and actually reason with us, which has basically been our goal ever since meeting her.
>> No. 1041
[X] Stop, hear her out. Keep your distance.
>> No. 1042
>>1030
[x] Keep running, but hey, you can think at her, right?
>> No. 1043
[X] Stop, hear her out. Keep your distance.
>> No. 1044
File 125273237296.jpg - (63.25KB, 500x400, 1431159.jpg) [iqdb]
1044
>>1028
[X] "How about no?" Keep running.

I don't think Satori has had to deal with people playing 'hard to get' before. Time to broaden some horizons.
>> No. 1045
[X] Keep running, but hey, you can think at her, right?

Thinking games.
>> No. 1046
>>Who's going to stop you now? The cat? You laugh, hurtling down the corridor and back toward the stairs.

Let me guess how this is going to play out. We keep running, not stopping to talk to the oh-so-soft Satori like a civilized gentleman (after taking what may have been her first kiss, no less! Scandalous!) and we're going wind up running straight into another round at Orin's Evil Spirit "Bad Touch" Buffet.

We're going to be wishing we were back getting mind-raped by Little Miss Freudian Slip.
>> No. 1047
[X] Keep running, but hey, you can think at her, right?

I've had enough mind rape but lets keep our options open.
>> No. 1048
>>1047
Satori can hear us howling 'Nooo not the bad touch! No more Mind-Rape!' as we go tearing down the corner, keep in mind.
>> No. 1049
>>1048
Thats fine. As long as she realizes WHY we don't trust her. The whole BEND YOUR MIND TILL IT NEARLY SNAPS and the relative lack of caring by Satori aren't exactly trust building exercises.
>> No. 1053
[X] Keep running, but hey, you can think at her, right?
>> No. 1057
[x] Keep running, but hey, you can think at her, right?
--[x] Satori and Koishi in lingerie, hugging, kissing... Okuu joins in, then Nitori, Kogasa, Parsee, that oni woman from before, a cat is fine, too wait, what? Then you show up in your robe and wizard hat to summon the giant c- no more internet for you.
[x] Maybe you should stop thinking before you run into a wall.

I now want a Koishi route. She truly is delicious.
>> No. 1058
Ah, the frightening eyes no one loves. Poor Satori.
...
[X] >>1057 plus elevator music.
>> No. 1059
File 125276928892.jpg - (966.35KB, 1060x1355, 399cb4152811acf24bd57c635bd4522a.jpg) [iqdb]
1059
Hahaha. No!

You don't stop, not for Satori. If she wants you to stay so badly she can damn well explain. She's going to have to give you a pretty good reason not to get out of here as fast as you can.
"Just wait!" Satori shouts as you practically bounce down the stairs. Her shorter legs can't carry her as fast as you. The thought makes you chuckle.
"I can, of course, fly." She calls back at you, suddenly floating around the top of the stairs. Her body is upright, but her feet hang limp. Her hands are clenched fists at her sides.
You throw a frown over your shoulder as you keep running. That's cheating.
"Cheating it may be." Satori says, starting to gain on you now. "But this isn't a game."
What is it then? Catch the delicious morsel of human psyche so you can feed it to your sister? Interrogate your prisoner by having your pet use ghosts to molest him? Or just more general humiliation?

"N-none of those things!" Satori calls out, still following you as you round a corner and spy another set of stairs at the end.
"Please, stop so I can explain and ... offer you my apologies."
Ooooooh no. You're not stopping. You stop and next thing you know you'll be face-planting into a wall again trying to avoid multicoloured hovering farts.
"Your treatment so far has been unacceptable!" Satori calls out as you head for the stairs. "Please, human, you are carrying something you don't understand!"
All the crap in this bag. Well, yeah. She could be talking about anything.
"Not in the bag, human, in you!"
Oh, shut up Satori. You had lovely lips but this place is far too crazy to stay much longer.

"If you do not stop then I shall have to use force." Satori says. You glance back, seeing that she's gone red in the face again. "Do not make me hurt you further."

Pfffft. Nah.

Down the stairs, across this hallway, with Satori still following. "One last chance, human. We can do this any way you want."

[ ] Don't stop. She's said nothing to convince you.
[ ] Stop. Hear her out.
[ ] Is she about to pull something on you? Get ready.
>> No. 1060
[x] Stop. Hear her out.

She's admitted she was wrong thus far. Let's see where this goes from here. We can always try futile escape attempts later. In the meantime, lets be civil.
>> No. 1061
[x] Stop. Hear her out.

Something IN us? I wonder what that is.

But we should really stop being so bullheaded.
>> No. 1062
[x] Is she about to pull something on you? Get ready.
>> No. 1063
[x] Stop. Hear her out.

No choice, really.

"Any way I want? Nice of you to suddenly start considering what I want. What I WANT is an explanation, and assurances that you don't just want to get whatever it is you need from me and leave me to rot, because so far I haven't seen much concern for my physical or mental wellbeing."
>> No. 1064
[ ] Stop. Hear her out.

It's pretty much either this or we get danmaku'd and have to listen anyway. Plus, I'm interested.
>> No. 1065
[x] Stop. Hear her out.
>> No. 1066
[X]Stop. Hear her out.

At least she seems to aknowledge she gave a bad first impression.
>> No. 1067
[X] Stop. Hear her out.

Further resistance would be pointless. We caught her off-guard once, but something can only be done so many times before it ceases to be surprising. And with the distance we now have between us, there's not much chance of pulling off something similar before she could react.

Besides, if she had wanted to, she could easily have stopped us by force already. She knows it, we know it, and she knows that we know it. The fact that she's not using it, though, is a positive sign. Probably.
>> No. 1068
[x]Stop. Hear her out.

>bad first impression

That's an understatement.
>> No. 1069
[x] Don't stop. Obviously she has shown that she is untrustworthy. You fear for your life, you fear for your sanity.
[x] Get ready for anything. Be prepared to jump out of a window if you must. You've forgotten, but nobody else here is human; you're all alone down here.
>> No. 1070
[x] Stop. Hear her out.
>> No. 1071
Writing now. Might be delayed, but I'll do my best.
>> No. 1072
File 125277578772.jpg - (272.49KB, 595x841, 1912129.jpg) [iqdb]
1072
>>1059
[X] Don't stop. Hear her out.

Has been working so far.

Also, I love schizo Anon: I'm gonna run like crazy and nothing is going to stop me. And now I'm going to stop.

Before you freak out, this is a joke.
>> No. 1073
>>bad first impression

>That's an understatement.

Well, to be fair, it's not like she's had much in the way of pleasant experiences with humans, so far. The first ones she had probably seen in ages came just to beat her up, beat up her pets (though one of them did sort of deserve it), and then possibly loot the place. And then there's Farley-turned-Gollum, who kidnapped, murdered, and ate a kid.

Even knowing our relative innocence and lack of ill-intent, just the simple fact we had any association at all with someone/thing like that would probably cause just about anyone to not be too concerned with making a good first impression on us.
>> No. 1074
File 125277708430.jpg - (492.09KB, 768x1024, 8a32b622b05b378d2d74a5bdcf88ef62.jpg) [iqdb]
1074
You slide to a halt, skidding across the tiled floor of the hall. Satori stops about ten feet away from you, gently touching down with the tip of her shoes. You face each other amid the stone pillars.
"Thank you." She says, inclining her head slightly. "I will do my best to explain, but I will make you stay here, one way or another."
You roll your eyes. She really is too assured of herself. How's she going to stop you anyway?
"There are many ways." Satori nods to your left and you follow her gaze. That cat noses its way around the edge of one of the pillars, a sour look on its face.
"You're going to stop me with the cat?" You ask.
"If it comes down to it." Satori says, sighing heavily. "But I do not wish it to."

"Alright." You fold your arms, tapping your foot and keeping one eye on that darned cat. "Speak then."
"First of all, allow me to apologise." Satori says. "Even a prisoner should not be treated such. Orin," she gestures to the cat. "Will be disciplined."
You notice the cat shuddering.
"My sister will be kept away from you," Satori continues. "Her ... she does not know what she does."
"Why do you want-"
"To keep you here?" Satori finishes your sentence. "You have been given something, human, that marks you out, but you have no idea how to use it or what it might mean."
You raise an eyebrow. She's got to be bullshitting you.

"Your hitbox." She explains. "You have been ... redefined, as a being with a sizeable reserve of magical power. But, you have no idea how to use it properly. You are stuck here, with nowhere to live." Satori raises her chin. "In short, you need a benefactor."
"You?"
Satori nods. "Me."
"Why?" You ask. "What do you get out of it?"
Satori shrugs, letting a small smile creep across her face. "Nothing directly, but more potential allies are always welcome."
" ... I don't believe you." You say. "A little while ago I was meant to be a prisoner, now I'm ... what?"
Satori sighs again. "The Underground is immensely boring, human. You are ... interesting, at least. And you need to be taught, trained."
"I'm a curiosity? A ... pet?" You frown. Satori shakes her head.

"Please, human. Think about it." She says. "I am offering you a chance to get back on your feet."

[ ] Nope. Done thinking. Running now.
[ ] "Say I accept. How do I know you're not going to just lock me up again? What kind of guarantee do I have?"
[ ] Ask the cat what it would do.
>> No. 1075
[X] "Say I accept. How do I know you're not going to just lock me up again? What kind of guarantee do I have?"
>> No. 1076
[x] "Say I accept. How do I know you're not going to just lock me up again? What kind of guarantee do I have?"

Innnteresting.
>> No. 1077
[x] "Say I accept. How do I know you're not going to just lock me up again? What kind of guarantee do I have?"

Sounds good to me; then hopefully later seeing into finding Kogasa again.

But I mean from what I read, Satori was kinda weird sure, but she was being very nice all things considering.
>> No. 1078
File 125277899394.jpg - (94.75KB, 565x600, ifIseethat.jpg) [iqdb]
1078
[X] "Say I accept. How do I know you're not going to just lock me up again? What kind of guarantee do I have?"

>>That cat noses its way around the edge of one of the pillars

THAT FUCKING CAT
>> No. 1079
[x] Ask the cat what it would do.
>> No. 1080
Writing now.
>> No. 1081
[b] "Say I accept. How do I know you're not going to just lock me up again? What kind of guarantee do I have?"
>> No. 1082
[x] "Say I accept. How do I know you're not going to just lock me up again? What kind of guarantee do I have?"

>>1077
When we negotiate with her, we need to ask her to send one of her pets to tell Kogasa that we are okay or least allow us to tell her ourself.
That should be one of our conditions for surrender.
>> No. 1083
File 125278170610.jpg - (494.23KB, 809x929, c1566e33efa932f6012ede42628e9133.jpg) [iqdb]
1083
"Hm." You grunt. "Say I accept, what's to stop you from locking me up again?"
"Ah, well." Satori frowns.
"Exactly." You say. "I don't believe you, or trust you. What kind of guarantee do I have that you won't throw me in a cell, or just kill me, or feed me to your 'sister'?"
Satori's frown suddenly lifts, a sly smile forming on her face.

"There is a way of ensuring your safety, at least in the short term." Satori raises a hand as her third eye twitches in its socket. "And no, I do not mean by running away. This city is mine, and it will be too difficult to remain hidden for long."
"Huh." You grunt, forgetting that thought.
"You are unfamiliar with danmaku." Satori says. "But, if we duel based on this conflict, I will be bound not to physically or spiritually harm you."
"Danmawhata?" You ask, frowning.

"Indeed." Satori starts smiling now, obviously revelling in her superior knowledge. "Danmaku is a way of solving conflicts of interest without diplomacy or violence. It is non-lethal magical combat, and the participants are bound not to inflict any other type of harm regarding the same conflict. Normally challenging a human is ridiculous, but you have the required hitbox. You are self-aware."
"How does it-"
"If I win, you will stay here. I cannot harm you to bring about that end."
"What's to stop me from leaving if I lose this ... duel?"
"Metaphysical and spiritual punishment. You don't break the rules of danmaku without ending up in front of the Yama. Aaaaaand you don't know what that means."
You shake your head, this is heavy stuff, and quite beyond you right now.

"In summary then." Satori spreads her hands. "I challenge you, you lose, you stay here, I cannot harm you."
"What if I wi-"
"You won't." Satori says. "In fact I would recommend forfeiting as soon as the duel begins. You have a hitbox, but no spellcards, and you cannot fly."
"But what if I do?" You ask.
Satori sighs again. "Then you can leave without me personally stopping you. Although that protection should only last until you have crossed the threshold."
"Mmm, this sounds pretty one-sided."
"You did ask if there was a way." Satori says, smiling with no little satisfaction. Even her third eye looks smug, as if you've been put into checkmate.

The cat, 'Orin', meows loudly, backing away from the pair of you.

[ ] No deal. Run.
[ ] Deal, do it. Forfeit. She can't hurt you then.
[ ] 'Deal', but screw forfeiting. You can win this, whatever it is.
>> No. 1084
How do you win against someone who can read your mind?
We need a superior Write in here.
>> No. 1085
Hmmmmmm. Can we get a mini-update for
[X] Ask the cat for advice
now?

On the one hand she's clearly playing us and just wants to examine our hitbox. On the other hand... in canon, Satori is laughably godawful at danmaku when she can't copy any tricky patterns out of her opponent's mind. We might actually stand a chance at beating her.
>> No. 1086
[x] 'Deal', but screw forfeiting. You can win this, whatever it is.

Put your best effort in, be polite, don't be arrogant and over-confident. Show her what you're made of, and maybe she'll respect you more for it when she (probably) ends up winning. Plus it'll give us some good practice. And maybe wipe the smug smile off her face. Probably not though.
>> No. 1088
So.
If we run, she'll stop us, and keep us there by force.
If we accept and either forfeit or lose, we're stuck there, regardless.
And, if we accept and by some miracle win purely by outlasting every single thing she throws at us, we're free to go...until we actually set foot outside the building, at which point we're probably fair game to drag back inside.

Considering she's also the best bet to getting back to the surface, I think we're pretty much stuck with her now, no matter what we do.

[X] Deal, do it. Forfeit. She can't hurt you then.
>> No. 1089
>>1083
[X] 'Deal', but screw forfeiting. You can win this, whatever it is.

I'm stubborn.

>>1084
>How do you win against someone who can read your mind?

Revenge of the elevator music!
>> No. 1090
>>Revenge of the elevator music!

Better yet, elevator music and perverted thought combination barrage! Bombarded by thoughts of us laying her down and caressing every inch of her body to the soulful sounds of smooth jazz would surely mess up her concentration enough to make it harder to hit us.
>> No. 1091
[X] 'Deal', but screw forfeiting. You can win this, whatever it is.

Never throw in the towel. You haven't lost until you've lost.
>> No. 1092
>>1088
>>1089
>>1090
That's why i said we need a superior write in here, the normal choices just won't make it and we are stuck.
>> No. 1093
[x] 'Deal', but screw forfeiting. You can win this, whatever it is.
What >>1086 said, give it your all.
>> No. 1094
>>1092
The thing is, as far as getting out of there goes, those choices pretty much cover all the bases. It's the situation itself that pretty much has us stuck.

About the only thing I could see to be gained from a write-in would be to change, say, what we would get if we win.

After all, being allowed to leave doesn't do much good if she can just send someone after us as soon as we're technically gone. Seems like kind of a waste considering the odds and how tough it would be to actually win, what with the severe disadvantage we're at.

So, what could we ask for of Satori, if not our freedom...?
>> No. 1095
[X] "Why didn't you just ask me nicely to be your guest in the first place?"

[X] You'll agree... IF the terms are evened out. Get that "Yama" in here as an impartial referee, and if you win, you're free to stay here as long as you want and leave whenever you like - and that protection extends to the threshold of EVERYTHING Satori considers her territory.
>> No. 1096
"Well, miss, I'm completely at your mercy, you hold all the cards. I guess I'll just have to trust that you won't attempt to manipulate me to your advantage, seeing as how I know nothing about Danmaku. I will, however, say that I am not the sort of person to give up just because I know the odds are stacked against me, nor am I comfortable with admitting defeat before I have begun to fight. Let's make this interesting though, since I have such an infinitesimally small chance of winning this, let's change up the conditions. If I win, you have to give me a narrated tour of the Underground, in an outfit of my choosing. Who knows? Maybe it'll be fun."

She's bored right? Provide here some entertainment without becoming her plaything. Or something, just mentally masturbating here.
>> No. 1097
>>1090

Think Barry White works even in Gensokyo?
>> No. 1098
"Well, miss, I'm completely at your mercy, you hold all the cards. I guess I'll just have to trust that you won't attempt to manipulate me to your advantage, seeing as how I know nothing about Danmaku. I will, however, say that I am not the sort of person to give up just because I know the odds are stacked against me, nor am I comfortable with admitting defeat before I have begun to fight. Let's make this interesting though, since I have such an infinitesimally small chance of winning this, let's change up the conditions. If I win, you have to give me a narrated tour of the Underground, in an outfit of my choosing. Who knows? Maybe it'll be fun."
>> No. 1099
"Well, miss, I'm completely at your mercy, you hold all the cards. I guess I'll just have to trust that you won't attempt to manipulate me to your advantage, seeing as how I know nothing about Danmaku. I will, however, say that I am not the sort of person to give up just because I know the odds are stacked against me, nor am I comfortable with admitting defeat before I have begun to fight. Let's make this interesting though, since I have such an infinitesimally small chance of winning this, let's change up the conditions. If I win, you have to give me a narrated tour of the Underground, in an outfit of my choosing. Who knows? Maybe it'll be fun."
>> No. 1100
>>1097
The sensual sounds of Barry White works everywhere there's a vagina. Satori will have to break her own spell cards just to go change her panties mid-battle.
>> No. 1101
"Well, miss, I'm completely at your mercy, you hold all the cards. I guess I'll just have to trust that you won't attempt to manipulate me to your advantage, seeing as how I know nothing about Danmaku. I will, however, say that I am not the sort of person to give up just because I know the odds are stacked against me, nor am I comfortable with admitting defeat before I have begun to fight. Let's make this interesting though, since I have such an infinitesimally small chance of winning this, let's change up the conditions. If I win, you have to give me a narrated tour of the Underground, in an outfit of my choosing. Who knows? Maybe it'll be fun."
>> No. 1102
"Well, miss, I'm completely at your mercy, you hold all the cards. I guess I'll just have to trust that you won't attempt to manipulate me to your advantage, seeing as how I know nothing about Danmaku. I will, however, say that I am not the sort of person to give up just because I know the odds are stacked against me, nor am I comfortable with admitting defeat before I have begun to fight. Let's make this interesting though, since I have such an infinitesimally small chance of winning this, let's change up the conditions. If I win, you have to give me a narrated tour of the Underground, in an outfit of my choosing. Who knows? Maybe it'll be fun."
>> No. 1103
>>1096
Now we HAVE to win. Time to learn Danmaku by watching her and counter her mind reading with acting on pure instinct instead of thinking.
Our only chances here
>> No. 1104
>maybe she'll respect you more for it when she (probably) ends up winning.
We've tried earning respect through being stubborn already, and it doesn't seem to have had any effect.

[X] Sigh. "Another fight won't be necessary. I'll come quietly."
[X] Beckon to the cat, pick it up, and head back to your room. "I think you would have found this much easier if we had discussed things as equals."

Let's try earning respect through being mature. Satori pretty clearly still thinks of us as a lower form of life, and we need to plant the idea in her head that we are capable of reason.
>> No. 1105
>>1096
>>1098
>>1099
>>1101
>>1102
Christ, these are horrible votes.
>> No. 1107
>>1105

There are worse ones... much worse... trust me...
>> No. 1108
>"Well, miss, I'm completely at your mercy, you hold all the cards. I guess I'll just have to trust that you won't attempt to manipulate me to your advantage, seeing as how I know nothing about Danmaku. I will, however, say that I am not the sort of person to give up just because I know the odds are stacked against me, nor am I comfortable with admitting defeat before I have begun to fight. Let's make this interesting though, since I have such an infinitesimally small chance of winning this, let's change up the conditions. If I win, you have to give me a narrated tour of the Underground, in an outfit of my choosing. Who knows? Maybe it'll be fun."

What the fuck is this
>> No. 1109
>We've tried earning respect through being stubborn already, and it doesn't seem to have had any effect.

There's a difference between obstinantly dashing out of a room and deciding to give a challenge your all. I think it HAS had significant effect though. It's certainly gotten her to address us and at least BEGIN to justify her actions.
>> No. 1110
[x] 'Deal', but screw forfeiting. You can win this, whatever it is.
>> No. 1111
>What the fuck is this

Yeah, I've never attempted fanfiction, and I DID say it was just mental masturbation. I didn't think it was a particularly fine piece of work either.
>> No. 1112
Votespam check? I'm rather suspect that there are that many people who've read up until now that thinks the write-in is a good idea.
>> No. 1113
>>1108

Awful. Not to mention I'm starting to think it's a little votespammy.
>> No. 1114
>>1112

I'm seconding this notion, and I WROTE the horrid thing.
>> No. 1115
[X] Sigh. "Another fight won't be necessary. I'll come quietly."
[X] Beckon to the cat, pick it up, and head back to your room. "I think you would have found this much easier if we had discussed things as equals."

Sounds good to me.

>>1096

It's a bit long for my taste, but it has a good chance of winning.
>> No. 1116
>>1111
>I didn't think it was a particularly fine piece of work either.
Then why did you post it? Please, newfriends, do us all a favor and lurk more. That goes for you unabashed idiots that voted for the thing, too.
>> No. 1117
>>1116
I vote for what i want faggot, if you don't like it, go BAWWWWW somewhere else.
>> No. 1118
>Then why did you post it? Please, newfriends, do us all a favor and lurk more. That goes for you unabashed idiots that voted for the thing, too.

Because there was a request for a write-in, I was just throwing out a few ideas on maybe how we'd change the situation in our favor, which wasn't made to be taken as a concrete write-in, which perhaps I should've clarified. I've read the major stories up until now, I know the deal. I think jumping the gun and calling me a 'newfriend' because you didn't like the bit of text I submitted, even if it was rather corny, is taking it a bit far. I'll certainly be more cautious next time in posting, though. That's all I have to say.
>> No. 1119
[X] Deal, do it. Forfeit. She can't hurt you then.

I'd kill for a benefactor, plus it beats being a hobo with an oni/child eating monster running amok
>> No. 1120
>>1118
You did do nothing wrong here, no need to apologize

"Well, miss, I'm completely at your mercy, you hold all the cards. I guess I'll just have to trust that you won't attempt to manipulate me to your advantage, seeing as how I know nothing about Danmaku. I will, however, say that I am not the sort of person to give up just because I know the odds are stacked against me, nor am I comfortable with admitting defeat before I have begun to fight. Let's make this interesting though, since I have such an infinitesimally small chance of winning this, let's change up the conditions. If I win, you have to give me a narrated tour of the Underground, in an outfit of my choosing. Who knows? Maybe it'll be fun."
>> No. 1121
[X]'Deal', but screw forfeiting. You can win this, whatever it is.

Counter-voting in favor of respectable option.
>> No. 1122
>>1119
Ah, but you'd be a hobo with a cute umbrella girl...assuming, you know, we ever find her again.
>> No. 1123
[x]'Deal', but screw forfeiting. You can win this, whatever it is.

Do I have to indicate that I want the elevator music/perversion assault, or will the writefag glean that from the discussion?

Also, n-ing the votespam check.
>> No. 1124
I'm actually going to stop this at the point the votes are tied. The massive write-in is very, very poorly worded, but the intention and sentiment are interesting and workable.

Hold your horses, wait up while I re-run SA stage 4. Writing soonish.
>> No. 1125
What the heck happened to this topic. You know what, forget my previous votes.

[X] Super-override Orin Veto. Completely ignore the crazy rude dictator. You have a cat and a game to finish with her.
>> No. 1126
>>1125
>>What the heck happened to this topic.

I am taking this as a hint not to leave Anonymous alone for long.
>> No. 1127
[B] 'Deal', but screw forfeiting. You can win this, whatever it is.
>> No. 1128
File 12527888856.jpg - (1.32MB, 2046x1447, classtime.jpg) [iqdb]
1128
>>The massive write-in is very, very poorly worded, but the intention and sentiment are interesting and workable.

This is something I think people kind of forget. Just because it's a write-in doesn't necessarily mean it has to be taken word-for-word. It's the idea and the intent behind it that really matters, however inelegantly it may have been phrased.
>> No. 1130
>>1128

Yes but people would just love to insult someone over it than to adapt it. I know since I did make a few less than well-written but well intentioned writeins elsewhere.

>>1126

Yes depending on what's happening in the story, things could take on very unusual directions.

And seeing how this is a fast story, a delay might produce unusual results.

Never easy trying to keep Kogassa in mind.
>> No. 1131
File 125278953852.jpg - (336.37KB, 595x841, ccf66e14baac0bb8184863c18a054f2a.jpg) [iqdb]
1131
"Alright Satori, you have yourself a deal." You say. "But on two more conditions."
"Hm?" Satori can surely read them off the surface of your mind, but you try to keep your intentions as jumbled as possible.
"First, if I win," you say, ignoring Satori's smug look. "I want a tour of the Underground."
"Wha-oh." Satori says. "I see."
"Yeah. I'm stuck here either way, I know that." You shrug. "So if I win, let's have me stuck here on my terms. Also!" You hold up a finger, grinning and filling your mind with a single image. Satori frowns and blushes.
"That's my second condition." You say.
"I am quite sure I do not own any clothes like that." She says.
"Ah ah ah~" You way your finger. "Of course, you're so sure I won't win anyway, right?"
"Mm." Satori grunts, but she's still embarrassed.
"Last." You point at the cat, still slowly slinking away. "Win or lose, don't discipline the cat."
"Oh?" Satori chuckles softly, already aware. You say it out loud for the benefit of Orin.
"I would like to do that myself." You flash another grin at the cat. "Minus the ghost-rape, but plus a bucket of water."
"Mergow~!"
"Deal." Satori says. "Shall we make this binding?"

You nod. "Sure. So how does this 'danmaku' work then?"
"Normally it is an exchange of spellcards." Satori's smug grin returns. "But as you have none, you just have to do one thing."
"Oh, what's that?" You ask.

"Dodge!" Satori says, rising up into the air again.

The weight in your chest fills the centre of your consciousness once more, heavier and more insistent than before. Through some previously unknown sense, you're dimly aware of Satori's hitbox too.
It feels like you should be able to do something, but you can only watch as Satori raises a hand.

"Recollection 「Terrifying Hypnotism」 "

The space around Satori explodes with light and colour. Your confidence suddenly feels like a very small thing as cannonball-sized globes of energy rush in all directions. Satori closes her eyes, twisting on the spot, and beams of light start to spin, stopping when they point directly at your hitbox.

[ ] Stay calm.
[ ] You better be quick.

And:

[ ] Just dodge. There's nothing else you can do.
[ ] There must be something you can do in return!
>> No. 1132
>>1130
>>Kogassa

I see what you did there. Also, do not worry! Neither the writefag nor the Protagonist has forgotten the lovely little Karakasa. She's around, just wait.
>> No. 1133
[x] Stay calm.
[x] There must be something you can do in return!
>> No. 1134
[X] Stay calm. Wait for a lot of the lines to gather targeting you, then step aside before they light up.
[X] Think hard - There must be something you can do! Aha, look, now you're firing some of those energy balls back at Satori! It must be the power of your hitbox! You're definitely doing it! Satori will surely be surprised when these hit her!
>> No. 1135
[x] Stay calm.
[x] There must be something you can do in return!

"Can-do" attitude + Hitbox + ??? = Profit
>> No. 1136
[x] Stay calm. FOCUS. There must be something you can do to return fire, while still dodging her Danmaku.

Not really sure what we're capable of, or what shape our Danmaku (presuming we're capable of forming any at this point)should take, but I think just dodging will result in failure. Maybe something to reflect our interests in, say, the internet? Throwing ideas out there.


Focus. I am the bone of my sword.

In all seriousness here, not sure what we're capable of, but
>> No. 1137
File 125279048079.gif - (24.19KB, 514x637, e6abe40f385ac5ffa64abfe25acd981a.gif) [iqdb]
1137
[X] Stay calm.
[X] Just dodge. There's nothing else you can do for now.

Best to save all those distracting naughty thoughts for when things get just a bit more intense. The sooner you use them, the sooner she'll be able to either get used to them. Best to not wait too long though, otherwise we'll have to concentrate so much on dodging we can't think of much else.

And oh, the thoughts we'll have...

>>"I am quite sure I do not own any clothes like that." She says.

That's okay, I'm sure there's bound to be a shop or something down there where we can find something for her. Oh yes~
>> No. 1138
[x] Stay calm.
[x] There must be something you can do in return!

Trying to form Danmaku may not work out real well, but to be honest, it's sort of hard to win if we're always on the defensive. Even distracting her will only do so much good, as I can't see her being hit by her own Danmaku.
>> No. 1139
[x] Stay calm.
[x] There must be something you can do in return!
>> No. 1140
[x] Stay calm.
[x] There must be something you can do in return!
>> No. 1141
File 125279193483.jpg - (660.10KB, 770x980, 5ef1a1f6de638dd56c1e7b35ff60bd19.jpg) [iqdb]
1141
>>Even distracting her will only do so much good, as I can't see her being hit by her own Danmaku.

Ah, true, but at the very least it might affect her aim a little, or the intensity of her attacks. Considering she not only has the advantage of air superiority and is fighting someone who cannot even shoot back, but she's also starting out with a Hard/Lunatic level attack on a total novice. If the closest thing to a handicap we can give her is forcing her to put up with our mile-a-minute train of thought, then so be it. And there are lots of things we can think about.

Like how she probably shouldn't fly too high as long as we're on the ground, what with her wearing a skirt and all. Hellooooooo panty-shot! What color do you suppose she wears, anyway? Or is she going without? She seems like a modest girl, but you never really can tell, can you? And how about that kiss, earlier? Sure it was brief, but it was niiiiiiiiice. Be great to do it again sometime, wouldn't it? Maybe longer, maybe with a little tongue? Holding her, caressing her, while your tongues explore and wrestle one another for dominance? And is that Marvin Gaye music I hear? I think it is.

Let's get it on~
>> No. 1142
[x] Stay calm.
[x] There must be something you can do in return!
>> No. 1143
[x] Stay calm.
[x] There must be something you can do in return!

Preferably with elements of >>1141, I quite like this.
>> No. 1144
>>1132

Pure slip of the tongue, that was... but I'm not sure if our cute friend has such rear end.

[x] Stay calm.
[x] Just dodge. There's nothing else you can do.

This is our best shot at winning.
>> No. 1147
[ ] Stay calm.
[ ] Just dodge. There's nothing else you can do.

I'm not hugely well learned in the games, but can't we win by timing out her spellcards? Or is that for only the last card in a set?
>> No. 1148
[x] Stay calm.
[x] There must be something you can do in return!

Provise for now!
>>1141
>> No. 1149
>>I'm not hugely well learned in the games, but can't we win by timing out her spellcards? Or is that for only the last card in a set?

We should be able to, I think. Though it can depend on the specific card, and the person using them, they're all required to be beatable in some fashion. Since we cannot fire our own shots (at least, not yet) then I think we can safely assume that Satori isn't allowed to use anything we can't time-out on.

The trick, of course, is holding out that long.
>> No. 1151
Yeah, timing out counts as a win. And this spellcard is easy enough that hopefully we should be able to do so.
>> No. 1152
Writing now.
>> No. 1153
File 12527976993.jpg - (91.02KB, 727x942, 057cc9d2fbce4574b067f70f4b879db4.jpg) [iqdb]
1153
[x] Stay calm.
[x] There must be something you can do in return!

We may not have danmaku but we gave our own way of fighting back. As we've seen she can see through the 4th wall. Its time to put it to out advantage.!

「Danbooru Sign」 Ecchi Satori

Name pending
>> No. 1154
File 12527977521.jpg - (1.19MB, 1500x2001, e06c8f1c91dadc414be3dbff825ff70e.jpg) [iqdb]
1154
>Writing now

Fuck. Too late. Oh well.
>> No. 1155
File 125279780332.jpg - (315.55KB, 600x765, finish.jpg) [iqdb]
1155
I'll just end with three then.
>> No. 1156
File 125280031686.jpg - (90.47KB, 473x600, 1219615273904.jpg) [iqdb]
1156
>>1153
>>1154
>>1155
Fear not, fellow Anon. So long as you hold strongly to your burning feelings, I am certain that your thoughts of doing perverted things to Satori will get through!
>> No. 1157
File 125280066813.jpg - (23.81KB, 192x224, Th11sc045.jpg) [iqdb]
1157
Gotta stay calm, gotta focus, gotta focus.

You side-step the beams of light as they blossom into lasers. One of them passes cleanly through your arm, making your blood go cold and your heart skip a beat. But the laser leaves nothing except a tingling sensation. Your hitbox quivers at the touch, as if syphoning something from the contact.

Ducking and weaving through the balls of light, you find the feeling replicated every time you brush against one. Are you losing points or something? This entire duel is a mystery to you, but it feels like the weight in your chest is getting tighter, harder, like a balloon being filled with air.

"Getting the hang of grazing, are we?" Satori giggles at you as you carefully side-step more beams of light. You ignore her, filling your mind with a mixture of annoying elevator music and throwing up a couple of well-chosen images of what you imagine Satori would look like in various stages of undress.
"Why I- you-" she struggles with words for a moment, blushing, before a series a huge spinning purple clouds of light spiral out from her. You smirk and step between them, holding out your arms for them to pass through.

You're starting to feel full.

The gaps between bullets are getting smaller and smaller down here. This would be so much easier if you could fly like Satori. You can keep this up for a bit longer, but sweat is starting to bead on your forehead, there's got to be some way to even it up, some way to return fire, throw her off, something!

"Don't try it." Satori calls down to you, looking serious. "You'll only give yourself the magical equivalent of acid reflux. Or you might actually vomit. You've got no outlet, just relax and focus on dodging."
You frown back at her, trying to concentrate on moving. Keep it steady, keep it-

The bullets suddenly vanish with a flash and a pop. Satori takes a deep breath and raises her chin.
"Well done." She says. "First spellcard. You have good form, I look forward to teaching you to make your own."
"Don't be so sure." You wrack your brains for something. An outlet? Your hitbox sure does feel heavy now, full and ready to do ... something. It's like you're trying to use a leg that's been amputated and then reattached, breaking a membrane, peeling off a scab.

"You can't do it alone, you're only a human." Satori says, raising her hand again and frowning. "Now, what I bring up from the depths for you?" She muses.

[ ] She's right, you can't do this alone and if you try then you might burst.
[ ] No, here's your opening. Do something before the next spellcard!
- [ ] Roll to the side, grab the cat, make a deal.
- [ ] Open Farley's bag. His nonsense bore fruit in the end, so there might be something you can use.
>> No. 1159
[X] She's right, you can't do this alone and if you try then you might burst.
Taking Orin hostage, unleashing an eldritch abomination, or taking it easy. The choice is obvious.
>> No. 1160
[x] No, here's your opening. Do something before the next spellcard!
[x] Open Farley's bag. His nonsense bore fruit in the end, so there might be something you can use.
[x]That gauntlet. Use it.

GAUNTLET HADES!
>> No. 1161
[x] No, here's your opening. Do something before the next spellcard!
[x] Open Farley's bag. His nonsense bore fruit in the end, so there might be something you can use.
[x]That gauntlet. Use it.
>> No. 1162
[x] No, here's your opening. Do something before the next spellcard!
[x] Open Farley's bag. His nonsense bore fruit in the end, so there might be something you can use.
[x]That gauntlet. Use it.

Better than nothing.
>> No. 1163
[x] No, here's your opening. Do something before the next spellcard!
[x] Open Farley's bag. His nonsense bore fruit in the end, so there might be something you can use.
[x]That gauntlet. Use it.
>> No. 1165
[0] No, here's your opening. Do something before the next spellcard!
[1] Open Farley's bag. His nonsense bore fruit in the end, so there might be something you can use.
[2]That gauntlet. Use it.
>> No. 1166
[x] No, here's your opening. Do something before the next spellcard!
- [x] Open Farley's bag. His nonsense bore fruit in the end, so there might be something you can use.
>> No. 1167
[x] No, here's your opening. Do something before the next spellcard!
[x] Open Farley's bag. His nonsense bore fruit in the end, so there might be something you can use.
[x]That gauntlet. Use it.

This probably is a horrible idea and we're all going to regret it later, but what the hell. Why not?
>> No. 1168
[x] No, here's your opening. Do something before the next spellcard!
[x] Open Farley's bag. His nonsense bore fruit in the end, so there might be something you can use.
[x]That gauntlet. Use it.

THIS HAND OF MINE GLOWS WITH AN AWESOME POWER!
>> No. 1169
... does the gauntlet even run on magic? From nuclear hazard warnings in the manual, I'd think it would be running on regular old nuclear fission. Given that we don't know how to work it and can't read the instructions at all, this seems like it would just be putting a big old weight on our arm. A big old weight that would make it harder to dodge and throw off our center of gravity.

No offense, but this seems kind of... dumb.
>> No. 1170
[x] No, here's your opening. Do something before the next spellcard!
[x] Open Farley's bag. His nonsense bore fruit in the end, so there might be something you can use.
[x] THINK DIRTY THOUGHTS. DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY THOUGHTS.
[x]That gauntlet. Use it.
[x] PUNCH THE BULLETS WITH YOUR FIST
>> No. 1171
[x] No, here's your opening. Do something before the next spellcard!
[x] Open Farley's bag. His nonsense bore fruit in the end, so there might be something you can use.
[x] THINK DIRTY THOUGHTS. DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY THOUGHTS.
[x]That gauntlet. Use it.
>> No. 1172
[X] She's right, you can't do this alone and if you try then you might burst.

Oh yes. Let's trust our fate to the mysterious radioactive device whose instructions we cannot read and that once belonged to the guy who not only got us into this mess, but turned himself into an inhuman creature capable of killing an oni child.
>> No. 1173
>>1169

Well, we found it in Farley's bag of 'magic stuff', however much this means. However, we're pausing to either take our backpack off or run over and pick it up, open it up, and rummage around in it. Before another spell card stops.

So. . . Trying to release somehow mentally before the next wave starts seems to be smarter. Especially since she knows we're thinking about going and looking in the bag and might pull her next pattern quicker because of it.
>> No. 1174
>>1172
And the problem is?
>> No. 1176
[X] Just relax.
[X] If you feel full of something, then just let it go. Don't try to focus it, don't try to direct it, just let it all come rushing out of you.
>> No. 1177
>>1172

... you lost me.
>> No. 1178
[X] Just relax.
[X] If you start to feel too full during Satori's next barrage, then just let it go. Don't try to focus it, don't try to direct it, just let it all come rushing out of you.

Slightly rephrasing my vote.

I'd rather try a generic bomb in the style of IaMP or SWR than muck around with a clumsy, potentially useless weight. At least this way we won't be a sitting duck if it fails, and might have some chance of actually winning.
>> No. 1179
You people never cease to surprise me. I'm going to have to stop there for the night because I'm sleepy and this next update will probably require a clearer head.

Might be a stealth update in a few hours. Otherwise more tomorrow.
>> No. 1184
[x] No, here's your opening. Do something before the next spellcard!
[x] Open Farley's bag. His nonsense bore fruit in the end, so there might be something you can use.
[x] That gauntlet. Use it.
>> No. 1187
We're doing the equivalent of playing a point-and-click adventure game and randomly rubbing items together to see if they'll do something. I seriously doubt this is going to go in our favor.
>> No. 1189
>>1187

So true with the Gauntlet vote; just because we have an option doesn't mean it should be used.

We'll be lucky if we merely lose the duel if not worse things inflicted by unknown things we were tweaking around with.

Then again these are the same folks who insisted on bullheaded decisions and such.
>> No. 1191
>>1187

Look, behind you! A three headed monkey!
>> No. 1192
[X] Just relax.
[X] If you start to feel too full during Satori's next barrage, then just let it go. Don't try to focus it, don't try to direct it, just let it all come rushing out of you.
>> No. 1193
[0] No, here's your opening. Do something before the next spellcard!
[1] Open Farley's bag. His nonsense bore fruit in the end, so there might be something you can use.
[2]That gauntlet. Use it.
>> No. 1194
>>1189
Well, giving up without doing anything is a fine choice too, don't you think?
Let's just do nothing and just have them their way and behave like a fine young boy.
Fighting back and getting your point across is just overrated.
>> No. 1196
>>1194
Don't create a false dichotomy. There are other methods of fighting back (or at least, struggling in our case) that don't involve hoping for a random plot device to activate.
>> No. 1197
>>1194

He says, ignoring the other option that's actually gotten a few votes.
>> No. 1198
>>Fighting back and getting your point across is just overrated.

What point?

We resisted Satori once before, and wound up passing out from the strain, resulting in Satori having to call Orin to carry us to a bed. Which is exactly what she warned us would happen.

And now, we have accepted this little duel with her, despite not even knowing how danmaku play works. We refused to simply forfeit like she advised us to do, despite us being at a horrible disadvantage. And now, we've successfully outlasted one of her Hard/Lunatic level attacks. She's complimented us on this, but also warned against trying to do more than remaining relaxed and dodging.

If we don't heed her advice, we might very well be able to put up some sort of offense, but at our level of experience we're just as likely to wind up exactly as she warned us we would. Vomiting, worn out, and likely struggling to maintain consciousness, let alone being able to effectively dodge whatever she's about the throw at us next.

Wanting to strike a decisive blow against her is all well and good, but think about it rationally. She's far more experienced at this sort of thing, and as someone who can not only see the effect it's having on us from the outside, but the inside as well, she likely has a much better idea of how much of a toll attempting to shoot back will have on us than we do.

Unless whatever point you're trying to make entails wearing yourself out so you're done in more by the strain of your own attempts to fight back rather than from the strain of dodging Satori's attacks, doing what amounts to the non-lethal equivalent of depriving your enemy the satisfaction of killing you by killing yourself, then by all means knock yourself out.
>> No. 1199
>>1194

The option to just "let go" is a way to hang in there without risk, since from the sounds of it; that's how a generic bomb goes off.

That seems to be the safest option, that and it should impress Satori some.
>> No. 1200
File 125282823125.jpg - (510.88KB, 800x769, f4f0a794ccf8297093b60270a477ca6e.jpg) [iqdb]
1200
>>1198
You will never know until you try. Stopping just because someone tells you to or just because the odds are against you shouldn't stop you from trying.
No pain, no gain. Head forward, go over your limit, try the impossible, just DO something, stopping is death the only way is forward with all your might.
Even if we fail, at least we can be satisfied with the outcome.
>Unless whatever point you're trying to make entails wearing yourself out so you're done in more by the strain of your own attempts to fight back rather than from the strain of dodging Satori's attacks, doing what amounts to the non-lethal equivalent of depriving your enemy the satisfaction of killing you by killing yourself, then by all means knock yourself out.
Jesus Christ, you make it sound way too dramatic. Like a fight to the death or something. In the end it won't come down to this.

If you still feel like whining, then go ahead, i don't really care. MiG had enough people like you, rather i blame people like you for the miserable outcome. The majority has spoken what they want.
That is the bad thing about Democracy: 51% get what they want and 49% are pissed off.
Here, have a take it easy picture.
>> No. 1201
File 125283066835.jpg - (178.17KB, 400x650, 1219614814032.jpg) [iqdb]
1201
>>Jesus Christ, you make it sound way too dramatic. Like a fight to the death or something.

>>No pain, no gain. Head forward, go over your limit, try the impossible, just DO something, stopping is death the only way is forward with all your might.

Considering you wrote that after this:

...I'm the one making it sound "way too dramatic"? What?

Then again, considering you go on to say to keep "whining" about the way things are going and how you don't care, but then immediately go on to basically bitch about how things went in a completely different and unrelated story (that ended quite some time ago, and is ancient history to most of us by now, no less), I'm going to just assume that self-contradiction is your "thing" and leave it at that.
>> No. 1204
I suppose what bothers me about this is the utter lack of rationale given for doing what we're apparently going to be doing, beyond the silly notion that NOT doing it is either the equivalent of doing absolutely nothing at all, or just flat-out surrendering. Which it's not.

I mean, really, out of all the stuff in the bag, why the gauntlet? Why not the knife? The block of ore? The doll?

Why gravitate towards the Soviet-made, probably-nuclear device whose instructions, while unreadable, contain what are clearly numerous warnings regarding the use of the thing, among which is one where the little scientist man was reduced to a pile of ash? The one that is even explicitly stated in the narration:
>>you decide it's probably a really good idea not to touch that gauntlet until you find somebody who can read Russian.

Why, in a duel that by its very nature is meant to be harmless and non-lethal, do you feel it's at all wise to try to use the one thing in the bag that, for all we know, comes with the greatest risk of killing us? We refused to open a damn jar because we were afraid of what might happen if we did, but are now willing to try to use something that the protagonist decided was a bad idea to mess with after looking at some of the warning labels in the manual about what could happen if things went wrong? And for what? To win what amounts to a game of dodgeball with lasers?

Sorry, but I just don't get it. Is the notion of succeeding by sheer stamina and skillful dodging just too boring, or something? Is winning by outlasting an opponent who holds pretty much every conceivable advantage in your very first duel of this type not enough of an achievement?

I mean, am I alone on this? Am I the only one who somehow missed the part of the story where suddenly things have become so dire for us that we have no recourse but to throw away any sense of self-preservation we may have shown up to now and go into "Generic Hot-blooded Shonen Protagonist" mode?

Granted, we have spent most of our time since waking up either getting scared shitless by cat, or sobbing like a little girl in someone's arms, so I suppose I can sympathize with the desire to want to at least attempt to try something remotely "badass" to try to balance things out. Not sure how worthwhile it might be if you wind up in an even sorrier state than before as a result, though...
>> No. 1205
>>1204
You do know that anon would have most likely opened that jar had they not wanted the protagonist to meet the human form of Orin, right?

Besides, just dodging has never worked, especially when the person you're up against is in no way willing to let you go; trying to make you their pet. That, and right now we've been through so many fucked up predicaments, acting on impulse and trying to use an object that could grant us our freedom (regardless of any danger involved) is a very rational choice in an irrational situation.

Anon is God in the protagonist's world. We control his actions. So far, we've had less sane moments than insane moments in this story, and changing it now is a bit more strange, don't you think?

We all have different views on this, I'm sure. I for one, do not like this Satori, and would rather not accept training from her even if we lose. The terms were, after all, that we're just not allowed to leave this place, not that we had to become her apprentice.
>> No. 1206
[X] Just relax.
[X] If you feel full of something, then just let it go. Don't try to focus it, don't try to direct it, just let it all come rushing out of you.

Using the gauntlet is just a fucking a-class stupid idea, as >>1204 said. Besides, so what if we lose to Satori? it's not like she won't let us out of the palace every now and then. Plus we'll have a place to live in. Also, I think Satori's just feeling lonely, but can't properly express wish for us to stay with her, so she's resorting to this weird game.
>> No. 1207
>>acting on impulse and trying to use an object that could grant us our freedom (regardless of any danger involved) is a very rational choice in an irrational situation.

Except even if we win, with or without the use of some potentially-dangerous object to do so, we don't really have our freedom. We're free to leave the building without Satori "personally" stopping us from doing so, but even she states that could only last until we're actually out of the building. No more, no less. She could send one of her pets to stop us in her stead (and even in cat form, Orin has shown herself to be more than capable of that), or simply go after us once we were out, and she would not have violated her side of the deal. And even if she doesn't, it's not like we aren't still stuck underground.

Win or lose, like it or not, she's still our best bet at getting back to the surface, so we're going to have to deal with her one way or the other if you want to have any hope of that happening.

Or you could just, you know, take your chances living on the streets with an impulsive umbrella-girl while your former "associate" is running loose and likely to kill again. See how far that gets you.

I should also point out you still don't explain why it had to be that atomic-gauntlet that was picked out. There were plenty of other equally mysterious trinkets in the bag that could have been just as potentially helpful, for all you know.

>>Anon is God in the protagonist's world. We control his actions.

Your hubris is duly noted, but rather misguided.

We're not God in the world, not even close. At best we're the voices the protagonist hears in his head that, if sufficiently delusional enough, he THINKS is God. So we tell him what to do, and he does it, so what? We might control his actions, but we have no say in what effect those actions actually have. We do not control whether his attempt succeeds or fails, nor do we control how other characters and the world at large reacts.

You might have complete control of Mario, but if you decide to make him jump into a pool of lava, he's not going to magically survive it just because you WANT him to.

If anyone is "God" here, it is the writer, not us. We might control the protagonist's actions, but it is only by the writer's will that those actions succeed or fail, only by their whimsy that a plan works out miraculously in our favor or explodes spectacularly in our face. Or on our arm, as the case may soon be.
>> No. 1208
Next up, assuming the gauntlet back fires, Alex will be undergoing physical modifications that perhaps our dear "Okuu" went through.
>> No. 1209
I can't leave you people alone for five minutes, can I? Relax, calm down, shit will be awesome.

Also
>>1208
>Alex

wut
>> No. 1210
>>1208
Mercer?
>> No. 1211
File 125285153889.jpg - (24.01KB, 192x224, Th11sc098.jpg) [iqdb]
1211
"What are you-" Satori suddenly frowns as the idea enters your head. "No, don't-" Her eyes go wide in alarm as you swing Farley's bag off your shoulder.

"Recollection 「Mercury Poison」" Satori shouts, the space around her exploding with light once more.

You all but tear the zip off in your hurry to open the bag. You have seconds, at best, before Satori's bullets reach you. This pattern looks much more complex than before, she's trying to end it before you put up any resistance. You thrust your hand into the bag, feeling around for the gauntlet.
This is the stupidest idea you've ever had. Why escalate it to this level? Why use something that, for all you know, could turn you into a pile of radioactive dust?

Because this thing, this weight settling in your chest, this pressure, your hitbox. It's like a drug.

Without even taking it out of the bag, you find the gauntlet, slipping your hand inside. The interior is padded with something soft, cushioning your fingers and palm, but you can feel a series of buttons, one in the thumb, one under the index finger and one under the middle finger.
"Oh, you are stubborn." Satori grimaces from up high. From this angle, you can almost see a flash of her underwear. Her face turns red and she tucks her skirt between her legs with one hand as you stand up, drawing the gauntlet out of the bag. It's huge and bulky on your hand, but easy enough to swing. Tiny interlocking plates cover the back of the hand and fingers.

"D-don't use it!" Satori calls out. "Not for what it's meant for! Just focus through it and let go, if you really can't be dissuaded."
You side-step between the streams of bullets as they reach you, trying to focus for long enough to give you the time you need. It's nearly impossible, this pattern is too complicated, too fast for you. Rushing towards you, there it is, you can see it. The pattern closes up, you can see the exact moment you're going to lose, the exact moment one of Satori's bullets will make contact with your hitbox.
You raise the gauntlet, feeling your hitbox start quivering with the pressure as more and more bullets pass through your extremities.

You're dimly aware of something else flitting into the hall, above your battle with Satori.

Now or never.

[ ] Let go.
[ ] Wait, let yourself lose.
>> No. 1212
[ ] Let go.
>> No. 1213
[x] Wait, let yourself lose.
Let's not be suicidally reckless.
>> No. 1214
[x] Let go.

Now that I think of it, has any story punished the protagonist for doing something stupid by permanently removing a limb?
>> No. 1215
[x] Let go.

>>1214

I don't remember losing any limbs, but we've had both eyes poked out before.
>> No. 1216
[ ] Let go.
>> No. 1217
>>1215
That was ASSM, correct? We didn't lose the other eye until the ending of the story, though, and we lost the first one due to...

Well, actually, we lost it due a chain of events set in motion by player stupidity.

Even so, it wasn't too debilitating; I was wondering if there was a CYOA that genuinely punished the player for stupid things, instead of a slap-on-the-wrist bad end.
>> No. 1218
>>1214

I recall SCIENCE with the character Bill but his leg amputation had more to do with the actual limb being "not salvageable" rather than actual punishment.

..to be technical he was kind of responsible for the events prior to the leg lost but still...
>> No. 1219
[X] Wait, let yourself lose

I'd rather be destroyed by the actual strength/skill of my opponent than by my own damned luck.

But that's just me...
>> No. 1220
[x] Let go.
>> No. 1221
>Now that I think of it, has any story punished the protagonist for doing something stupid by permanently removing a limb?
RING FINGER

[X] Let go.
Anticipating bad end.
>> No. 1222
[x] Wait, let yourself lose.

the best of the two options
>> No. 1223
[x] Let go.
>> No. 1224
>shit will be awesome
Yeah you're HY
>> No. 1225
Calling it there to avert shitstorm. Update in the next 1-2 hours. Writefag is having a very shitty day, so there might not be much speed today.
>> No. 1229
[x] Let go.

>Or you could just, you know, take your chances living on the streets with an impulsive umbrella-girl

Why does this sound so awesome

>>1207
I swear, if you ever write a CYOA, it will be 3 out of 4 choices bad ends, lunatic mode, Anon gets punished for everything, you need to think and discuss things for 3 hours before choosing and just random punishment for being a Voter.
You overthink things way too much, see things where there is nothing to see, dramatise things too much and are just stuck up.
Just have fun and take it easy.
>>1201
It was 9 in the morning and while writing i just suddenly thought of MiG and all the hate suddenly came up again. I wasn't planning to go into the direction and kind of came off track with the whole MiG comment. I always take it easy wherever i am, but that Story made me rage so hard so many times..... give box, take box back, attack alice... etc... bleh.
And off topic again, sorry.
>> No. 1230
>>1207
I'm pretty sure we'd be given fair chance to escape.

Also, that came out really wrong. What I meant, is that we control his actions, and that also controls his personality. It's what defines him throughout the story. The crazier we get, the crazier he gets.

Usually, you get penalties for keeping to a particular way of thinking and switching it up all of a sudden. Not that I agree with that, mind you; I believe anybody is quite capable of an 'off-day' or deciding to be adventurous/cautious just out of plain curiosity or a passing notion. However, that's the way it goes with writers - maybe Grue is one of those rare few, who knows. I'd rather not test those waters.

As for choosing the gauntlet...

>You can't find Farley's notebook, Satori must have taken that. The pocket knife is gone too, maybe she didn't want you to have access to a potential weapon, even a small one. Oddly enough the maglite is gone as well.
And Orin took our jar.

So, tell me, who automatically thinks to reach for a pink rock or a doll to defend themselves from a mind-reading, laser shooting, youkai girl? Or a wallet? Night-vision goggles? Ooh, ooh! We can hit her with the instruction manual! Or use the cell phone to call the Ghost Busters!

You're crazy; I underestimated you. Your choices are indeed perfect for this story.
>> No. 1231
>>1221
Ring finger?

Can you elaborate on that?
>> No. 1232
>>1231

SDM LA in /sdm/; it's nearly required reading around here.
>> No. 1233
File 125286381025.jpg - (20.05KB, 500x399, nuclear_explosion.jpg) [iqdb]
1233
The pattern is closing up, you've got seconds left before the bullets hit you as you try to just let go. But it won't come, it's stuck, like trying to use a limb that's been left to atrophy, like peeling back an eyelid that's never been opened.

Let go! Just focus, through the glove, like hooking it up to your hitbox. Just ... let ... go ...

Pop.

Your fingers spasm inside the glove and suddenly the air around you flashes, lighting up with orange and red, expanding out in a circle of what looks like superheated air. The shock wave ruffles your hair and leaves you feeling somewhat nauseous as your hitbox deflates again, but otherwise it doesn't harm you. Satori's bullets blink out of existence where the growing sphere of energy touches them.
"Ah." Satori herself winces, then lets out a breath as all the bullets vanish.
"Nice bomb." She calls down to you. "I'm surprised you didn't give yourself a hernia trying to do that."
"Uh, yeah." You mumble, staring at the gauntlet and shaking yourself. That was new. Your hitbox is back to normal now.

That felt so good.

"What now?" You call back at Satori. "I survived your-"
"There's one spellcard left." Satori ponders for a second, starting to frown. "And you should have enough energy for two bo-"

"Woo yeah!" Another voice shouts down to both you, from way up near the ceiling. Okuu is hovering there, watching the fight, both hands thrown up in celebration.
"Utsuho!" Satori says angrily. "You should be working on the reactor! What are you-"
"Nuclear launch detected!" Okuu practically screams with glee, screwing her eyes shut and doing a little loop in the air. You burst out laughing when she gives you a thumbs-up, returning the gesture with your gauntleted hand.

"Ahem." Satori coughs loudly. "If we could concentrate on the duel, please?"
"Of course." You smirk, feeling much more confident now.
"Hrm." Satori frowns. "Spellcard, spellcard, mmm."

[ ] Still yourself, let her choose in peace.
[ ] "「Danbooru Sign」 Ecchi Satori." Think dirty thoughts, try to throw her off.
[ ] Revel in your new-found confidence, talk some smack.
[ ] Shout up to Okuu again.
>> No. 1234
[✓] "「Danbooru Sign」 Ecchi Satori." Think dirty thoughts, try to throw her off.

Do it!
>> No. 1236
[ ] "「Danbooru Sign」 Ecchi Satori." Think dirty thoughts, try to throw her off.

I can't believe that fucking worked.
>> No. 1238
>>1232
I don't recall losing a ring finger in that, but it's been over half a year since I read it.

>[ ] "「Danbooru Sign」 Ecchi Satori." Think dirty thoughts, try to throw her off.

I doubt someone that uses danbooru wouldn't recognize at least one of the touhous.

[x] Think dirty thoughts, try to throw her off.
>> No. 1239
>>1236
As an addendum, since I can't seem to delete my post...

[x] Start singing Journey songs in your head

JUST A SMALLTOWN GIRL
LIVING IN A LOOOONELY WOOOORLD
>> No. 1240
[g] "「Danbooru Sign」 Ecchi Satori." Think dirty thoughts, try to throw her off
>> No. 1241
[x] "「Danbooru Sign」 Ecchi Satori." Think dirty thoughts, try to throw her off.

This would provide a tactical advantage, hopefully not a route derail.
>> No. 1242
[x] "「Danbooru Sign」 Ecchi Satori." Think dirty thoughts, try to throw her off
[x] to the tune of Rickroll
>> No. 1243
File 125286675963.jpg - (157.33KB, 500x600, sexmakesbabies.jpg) [iqdb]
1243
[X] "「Danbooru Sign」 Ecchi Satori." Think dirty thoughts, try to throw her off.


>>I swear, if you ever write a CYOA, it will be 3 out of 4 choices bad ends, lunatic mode, Anon gets punished for everything, you need to think and discuss things for 3 hours before choosing and just random punishment for being a Voter.

Hey now, don't make me sound so unreasonable! I'm not a total monster.
Sometimes it would just be 2 out of 4 choices that lead to a Bad End.
But otherwise, yes. Yes, I would probably do that. But, oh, what Bad Ends they would be...
In fact, I think I might just have to considering trying that.

>>You overthink things way too much,
True, but I'm far from the only one to do this. I certainly never worried about the implications of the "Ring Finger Incident" like some were fretting over. A finger's a finger, a cigar's a cigar, and a horse is a horse, of course.

>>see things where there is nothing to see,
Also true, at times, but also nowhere near the only one to do so, nor to the degree some others do. Again, the bit with the ring finger is a perfect example, and one I was not part of.

>>dramatise things too much
I'm sorry, but I really don't see how you're getting this from what amounts to "simply dodging seems to be working out, let's keep doing that and not take unnecessary risks". Especially when others are spouting tired cliches like "NO PAIN NO GAIN" and about how "the only way to go is FORWARD staying behind means DEATH" and seem so close to just flat-out saying "ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH" that I have to wonder if they're actually restraining themselves from doing so.

>>and are just stuck up.
Oh come on. I might question the reasoning behind a certain course of action that makes little-to-no-sense to me, but at least I'm trying to remain civil about it. Or at least, I think I am.
More than I can say for the lovely soul whose response to that well-intentioned if poorly-worded write-in not too long ago was to tell anyone associated with it to "lurk more" and calling people "unabashed idiots" for daring to vote for it.

But that's more than enough of this. I made my case, you made yours, my worry turned out to be unnecessary as we succeeded in not reducing ourselves to a glowing pile of radioactive ash, and everyone's happy. I might even go so far as to say I was wrong. Hey, it happens.
>> No. 1244
[X] "「Danbooru Sign」 Ecchi Satori." Think dirty thoughts, try to throw her off.

I can only see this working once as by then she'd probably would be used to it. Nonetheless no sense in letting up!

poor Satori, or should she be glad... hm...
>> No. 1245
[X] "「Danbooru Sign」 Ecchi Satori." Think dirty thoughts, try to throw her off.

Haha looks like we're nuclear buddies with Okuu now!
>> No. 1246
[X] "「Danbooru Sign」 Ecchi Satori." Think dirty thoughts, try to throw her off.

Fuck yeah Nuclear Gauntlet!
>> No. 1248
File 125286946990.jpg - (1.70MB, 1350x1650, f878006886965a802c20b55e14b0f793.jpg) [iqdb]
1248
[x] "「Danbooru Sign」 Ecchi Satori." Think dirty thoughts, try to throw her off.

>But otherwise, yes. Yes, I would probably do that. But, oh, what Bad Ends they would be...
>In fact, I think I might just have to considering trying that.

You know what, i would read it. There has never been a CYOA before that would bad end you for saying hello to a character in a wrong way. I can already imagine it: 10 different choices to say hello to Reimu, 3 leading to instant death, 3 to her torturing or maiming you, 2 to just getting beat up and 2 to her pretty much ignoring you. And the secret choice to her returning hello (not possible on the first game)
>I might even go so far as to say I was wrong. Hey, it happens.
No, you are not wrong, for stories like Owen's ASSM you are just golden and perfect. I wouldn't have known what we would have done without people like you who dissect an update and list all possibilities logical and show new steps and things that others may have missed. I know i was bitching, but stay like you are, just take it a bit more easy.
>> No. 1249
>>1238
>I don't recall losing a ring finger in that, but it's been over half a year since I read it.

Remember the catacombs that Sakuya threw Belnonymous into after the trip to Eientei? The catacombs where he picked up his future sword, talked to a skull for a while, and fought a bunch of deranged sub-human creatures? He lost one of his fingers in the final room of the catacombs while fighting a mob of those creatures and their boss, and Remi busted in like a Big Damn Hero to save him.

[X] "「Danbooru Sign」 Ecchi Satori." Think dirty thoughts, try to throw her off.
>> No. 1250
>>1243

Sadly as far as /underground/ or TH-P goes this seems to have attracted the... not so bright voters.

There are time where it's better to be cool headed and logical than brash and hotblooded.

And being a human with an awakening danmaku talent doesn't give up alot of room for the latter.

(Though in a few other CYOAs where you start out rather strong, you can afford to be brash and hotblooded)

But Grue should take this a a sign that he's getting up there, since Patchwork and Teruyo have similar arguments break out in their stories for different reasons.
>> No. 1251
>>"Woo yeah!" Another voice shouts down to both you, from way up near the ceiling. Okuu is hovering there, watching the fight, both hands thrown up in celebration.
>>"Utsuho!" Satori says angrily. "You should be working on the reactor! What are you-"
>>"Nuclear launch detected!" Okuu practically screams with glee, screwing her eyes shut and doing a little loop in the air. You burst out laughing when she gives you a thumbs-up, returning the gesture with your gauntleted hand.

Damn it, you lovable birdbrain.
If we win this, we have to share a Thermonuclear Fist Bump with her.
>> No. 1252
Like I said, shitty day, etc, sorry for slowness. Another update on its way soonish, shall we go to a new thread?
>> No. 1253
>>1243
>But otherwise, yes. Yes, I would probably do that. But, oh, what Bad Ends they would be...
Stopped reading your post here, you have no idea what makes these stories fun to read or participate in. Your ideas are poisonous.

>>1250
The "not so bright" voters just got their protagonist his first bomb. We're having fun. Stop acting like it's MiG or Teruyo's story where the writer is looking for any opportunity to fuck the voters over instead of trying to write something enjoyable.
>> No. 1255
>>1253
>Stop acting like it's MiG or Teruyo's story where the writer is looking for any opportunity to fuck the voters over instead of trying to write something enjoyable.

Yeah, this. Chill out, have fun, enjoy plot. Relax, Anon.
>> No. 1256
>>1250
>But Grue should take this a a sign that he's getting up there
What're you talking about, HY's always been "up there".
>> No. 1257
>>1251

Agreed. But let's not wear the glove much longer after that. Even though it's useful it seems like it could be dangerous. Only in combat situations.

[X] Still yourself, let her choose in peace.

Polite thing to do.
>> No. 1258
>>1253

I guess you're right, but hopefully Grue knows how to deal with MiG/DoLF R1 style voting.

Still there's the risk of HLA-style fanwars coming up. I can already see possible battles between Kogasa fans and Koishi fans.
>> No. 1263
>>1256
>What're you talking about, HY's always been "up there"

He is just too HYish. I am not 100% sure that it is him, about 82%
>> No. 1264
File 12528819806.png - (36.37KB, 600x600, 023ffe1a6ead472e8c3b21f335526cb4.png) [iqdb]
1264
>>Stopped reading your post here,

You know, it always strikes me as funny how someone makes it sound as if they didn't care enough to read an entire post, yet clearly cares enough to bother writing a response to it anyway.

>>you have no idea what makes these stories fun to read or participate in. Your ideas are poisonous.

You could say the same of the guy who made IWBTG or anyone who made a Mario ROM hack in regards to them clearly having no idea what makes a game fun to play, yet that didn't stop them from making the things they have, nor did it stop plenty of people from enjoying their work.

If people are capable of having fun with a game where the entire point is for it to be as soul-crushingly unfair as possible, why could that idea not extend to interactive fanfiction?

Unless you're not criticizing the "All You Can Eat Bad End Buffet" idea, but my previous cautious stance in regards to voting here, in which case I already addressed that in the post you claim you did not read entirely.

I thought something. It was wrong. I acknowledged it, have recognized that that particular mindset is probably unnecessary for this story, and am going to endeavor to just chill and take it easy from here on out.
>> No. 1274
File 12528841945.jpg - (119.95KB, 500x284, tc11pn7.jpg) [iqdb]
1274
>>1263
>> No. 1278
>>1253
>>1264
Children, please. You're welcome to argue about topics unrelated to the story, but not in Grue's thread. Take it to IRC, if you must. I'm sure they'll love you there.
>> No. 1285
>>1263
It is definitely him.
>> No. 1292
>>1291
He's dropped incredibly many hints.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x