- [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (Reply to 3636)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 125944978419.jpg - (284.24KB, 800x1132, RST2.jpg) [iqdb]
3636 No. 3636
Sinister and malevolent, our minds to be.

=1st Part=: >>2303
Expand all images
>> No. 3637
File 125944990380.jpg - (584.20KB, 1600x1200, RS6-5pic.jpg) [iqdb]
3637
[X] Examine Cellphone

You take out the cell phone to check on it. The battery is running low, but it can manage. However, you can't call Aya right now, so you'll have to wait until you're outside of the palace first.

[X] Get in the chair and finish the chess game with the cat.

You sit in the metal framed chair and scoot yourself in. The cat once more meows at you; I guess it's your turn then.

At the tap of the first pawn you see, you realize something interesting: Satori wasn't trying at all. A mental outlining of the current layout and you notice that she was bound to lose and yet there seems to be an invisible plan laid out in front of you: the game can still be won even with the mistakes that Satori purposefully set.

The cat meowed again. You make your first move, somehow knowing what the pieces are, the strategies for each, and how to exploit the weaknesses of the other player.

Move after move, the situation manages to draw into your favor. The pawns moved forward, slowly but surely. Even if your king was not protected, it always had an escape plan.

You never noticed time moving, but you discover that you're almost done, that you can see the last move in sight. You take the initative, move the remaining piece and announce to the cat, "Checkmate."

Suddenly, you hear the room's door shut again and it takes your attention away from the cat; when you look back at the chair again, Orin is sitting in the seat where the cat once was.

"That was a pretty interesting match, I'd say," Orin commented. "but you know, there's one thing bothering me..."

She asked, "Were you a human before?

"I used to be." You blurted out.

...

...wait, what?

There's something wrong here. That should be a lie. You should be able to tell yourself and her that it is exactly a lie.

You're human and you know it. Nothing changed. Nothing at all.

And yet you cannot say that you still are. You can't prove it.

What's going on? Your body is getting tense. You're starting to feel extremely sick. Everything in your vision is swirling quickly.

You need to do something now to stop yourself from being engulfed with madness.

[ ] Alert Orin to the fact that you are becoming extremely ill.
[ ] Leave the palace now before it gets drastically worse.

Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor (equipped)
Three Eye Surcoat
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle of Sake (unopened)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|--]
- Empty Paper Bag
- Bento Box (x 2)
- Canned Tea (x 2)
- Doll (x 2)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________

>> No. 3638
[ ] Alert Orin to the fact that you are becoming extremely ill.
>> No. 3639
[x] Alert Orin to the fact that you are becoming extremely ill.

I think she can help us out, no wonder we could exchange blows with Okuu...
>> No. 3641
[x] Alert Orin to the fact that you are becoming extremely ill.
>> No. 3643
[x] Alert Orin to the fact that you are becoming extremely ill.
HALP
>> No. 3659
File 125954756929.png - (1.03MB, 794x981, RS6-6pic.png) [iqdb]
3659
[X] Alert Orin to the fact that you are becoming extremely ill.

You're not going to run out on this. You're going to stay here and take this.

Fortunately, you didn't have to tell Orin what's wrong with you right now since she's noticed as well.

"Are you okay?" She asks.

"No, I'm not! I need help now!" You yell.

That would have been rude if your mind knew what that tone meant at the time. Your mind is jumping recklessly, not knowing how to process anything you see anymore.

Your ears are starting to make things you hear too difficult to comprehend. "Hey ...ie Fairy, are you here? Go out t... ...ori to hel.. ...w, please hurry!"

Soon enough, your conciousness disappears.

...


Your mind is creating an image.

You see Remilia wearing a light suit of armor with a blood red spear in front of her and Satori wearing a short embroidered robe. The white space showed nothing else of interest besides them.

You imagine Remilia speaking words you would think she'd say. "You have something I want to disappear forever." She told Satori.

Satori responded back with a harsh tone. "I'll stop you no matter what."

Remilia grabbed her spear and remarked, "Let's see you try!" and ran towards Satori with manical laughter trailing behind her in physical form.

Satori moved her body into a defensive stance and steadied herself for impact.

A swing and a...

Another image?

You now see a village with people bustling about. It looks like the underground city, except...

Wait, you know these people. You're friends with that person. That person runs the store.

And the person in the middle... Isn't that...

That's you!


...

Your conciousness gradually returns.

You're in the infirmary again, except this time, Satori is in the room with Orin.

"Oh, you're awake." Satori confirmed.

"Hello, Satori. How are you?" You ask.

"Fine, but I would like to ask the same of you. You had us worried."

"Anyways, Satori, I explained everything to you, right?" Orin said.

"Yes, you did. Well," She glanced at you again. "you're not human, right?"

"Yes." No traumatic shock this time. You've accepted the fact that you're not human... not anymore.

"Good to know that you know yourself; no regular human would be able to stand the city's atmosphere." Orin commented. "I still don't get how you didn't know that you weren't human."

"You should know yourself more than anyone else does." Satori announced.

She continued. "So, are you ready to get up and do what you wanted to do today?

[ ] "Yes, I'm feeling better. Thank you, both of you."
[ ] "Not really, I still need some more rest."
[ ] "There is still one thing nagging me, Satori: the mirror in your room. May I see it?"
[ ] "I am feeling a bit... hungry. May I dine with you?"

Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor (equipped)
Three Eye Surcoat
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle of Sake (unopened)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|--]
- Empty Paper Bag
- Bento Box (x 2)
- Canned Tea (x 2)
- Doll (x 2)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
[ ] Give ________ to (Satori, Orin)
>> No. 3660
A discussion thread has been made here:
>>/words/114

Enjoy.
>> No. 3661
[ ] "There is still one thing nagging me, Satori: the mirror in your room. May I see it?"
>> No. 3664
[x] "There is still one thing nagging me, Satori: the mirror in your room. May I see it?"
[x] "I am feeling a bit... hungry. May I dine with you?"

Interesting, I wonder what that vision of him in a village means.

Quick edit
>> No. 3667
[ ] "There is still one thing nagging me, Satori: the mirror in your room. May I see it?"
>> No. 3669
[0] "There is still one thing nagging me, Satori: the mirror in your room. May I see it?"
>> No. 3694
File 125962664678.jpg - (343.00KB, 850x1157, sample-369e4633973ea9b2a9d2320a5d075c55.jpg) [iqdb]
3694
[X] "There is still one thing nagging me, Satori: the mirror in your room. May I see it?"

"That? I guess you could take a look at it."

Orin grabs your hand and helps you get off the bed. Your legs still feel stiff, but overall, you're as good as new.

"Thanks, both of you. Anyways," You say. "Satori, take me to your mirror."

"Alright then. " Satori agrees.

Orin waves goodbye to you. "See you later!" She goes out to head back to her room.

Satori is the next one to grab your hand as she opens the door out and walks you to her room again.

The mirror is spectacular, or at least, how you see it.

"So how is it?" Satori inquires. "Is this what you requested to see?" You see yourself and... it's a lot different than you've imagined.

You have pale skin and golden eyes. Your hair is white and flows down to your neck, but it flares off after that point. You grab a piece of it, but when your hand unclasps, it just dissipates quickly.

Looking back at yourself through the mirror, it doesn't look like time has done any damage to your body or integrity. The equipment you are wearing feels light, compared to before you discovered the world around you.

"Yes, this is what I wanted." You answer soon after. You have now confirmed that you aren't what you used to be. Still, why didn't you know of this until now?

"Anything else you would like?" Satori questioned.

"Why are you treating me this properly?"

"Well, you are our honored guest. You've also proven yourself to be powerful to hold your own in combat, so you're valuable to us."

"That's pretty humble of you to say." You snerk.

"Those things are true, correct?" She instigates.

"Not like I have reasons to hold back, as long as I find out more about myself."

"Would you like anything else then?"

[ ] "I am feeling a bit... hungry. May I dine with you?"
[ ] "Thank you and Orin, but I must get going now."
- [ ] Share lunch with _______
- [ ] Visit Remilia at her camp.
- [ ] Go outside and call up Aya.
- [ ] Head home and rest.

Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor (equipped)
Three Eye Surcoat
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle of Sake (unopened)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|--]
- Empty Paper Bag
- Bento Box (x 2)
- Canned Tea (x 2)
- Doll (x 2)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
[ ] Give ________ to (Satori)
>> No. 3695
[ ] "I am feeling a bit... hungry. May I dine with you?
>> No. 3699
[x] "I am feeling a bit... hungry. May I dine with you?"
>> No. 3753
File 125980004089.jpg - (197.03KB, 425x600, b001f819fea27c2b6f2140942da4a71e.jpg) [iqdb]
3753
[X] "I am feeling a bit... hungry. May I dine with you?"

"That's such a... particular request, but I shall honor it."

We both walked over to the dining room and had tea and scones. This feels like the first time you had tea with her, but knowing her more, you feel strangely... comfortable.

"So, Satori, why do people not like you? You're amicable to me."

"I can read people's minds, that's the problem. Many humans would like to keep some of their feelings back, have their secrets kept for themselves, but I can see all of it. I can't turn a blind eye to it, I just can't."

"Not like you actually exploit these secrets."

"The humans don't know what you know, they assume everything. My sister," Satori turned her eyes away from me. "well, she closed off her third eye because she couldn't take being shunned anymore."

"Is she happier for doing so?"

"I hope so. She travelled to the surface to associate with the people above us."

"That explains why you're so worried. I hope you get along with humans better."

"That's what I'd like. Besides, Orin did tell me you were human before, right? That's a start."

"Yes, I was human before, but I guess that does count." Satori yawned and her eyes were drooping now. "Oh, right, I disrupted your rest, didn't I?"

"You did, but it's okay, you told me something important to me and that's what matters. Anyways, I'm sorry, but I must go to sleep."

"Thank you for your company then!"

"You're welcome." She got up off her chair and headed to her room.

You're finished eating, but you're not very full, although it was delicious.

You get up off your chair and get ready to leave.

...

You open the front door. Isn't it lovely to be outside again? The palace does feel a lot more comfortable to you though...

What shall you do now?

[ ] Share lunch with _______
[ ] Visit Remilia at her camp.
[ ] Go outside and call up Aya.
[ ] Head home and rest.

Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor (equipped)
Three Eye Surcoat
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle of Sake (unopened)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|--]
- Empty Paper Bag
- Bento Box (x 2)
- Canned Tea (x 2)
- Doll (x 2)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 3754
[x] Visit Remilia at her camp.
VOTE... THE UNEXPECTED
>> No. 3756
[ ] Go outside and call up Aya.

Might as well use the phone before it's power runs out.
>> No. 3758
[x] Go outside and call up Aya.
>> No. 3759
[x] Go outside and call up Aya.
>> No. 3766
[x] Go outside and call up Aya.
>> No. 3773
File 125989388247.jpg - (182.62KB, 588x700, f584a88222d31d64269dd09b4c8843a9.jpg) [iqdb]
3773
[X] Go outside and call up Aya.

Ring ring. Ring ring. You take three steps back, then you feel a gust of wind surrounding the spot you called from.

"Tap~" She says. Aya came back a lot faster than you expected, but at least you didn't get run over like you did the first time you tried this out.

"You're back. I'd like to ask, do you have any new information for me?"

She tilted her head. "For you? Hmm, maybe, but it could also be old news."

"It wouldn't be old news if I told you what I knew, right?"

"Of course! If it helps me, I can also help you. So what'd you like to say?"

(You can only ask up to three questions.)

[ ] Is it possible to recharge this cell phone?
[ ] Do you know anything about Remilia?
[ ] _________________________ (write in)

Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor (equipped)
Three Eye Surcoat
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle of Sake (unopened)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|--]
- Empty Paper Bag
- Bento Box (x 2)
- Canned Tea (x 2)
- Doll (x 2)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
[ ] Give ________ to (Aya)
>> No. 3774
[x] Is it possible to recharge this cell phone?
[x] Do you know anything about Remilia?
[x] As well as something about that Maid.
[x] (Not a question) Just say you need the info for something, and hint that something might happen underground.
>> No. 3777
[x] Is it possible to recharge this cell phone?
[x] Do you know anything about Remilia?
[x] As well as something about that Maid.
[x] (Not a question) Just say you need the info for something, and hint that something might happen underground.
>> No. 3778
[x] Is it possible to recharge this cell phone?
[x] Do you know anything about Remilia?
[x] As well as something about that Maid.
[x] (Not a question) Just say you need the info for something, and hint that something might happen underground.
>> No. 3789
File 125997220881.jpg - (0.97MB, 1274x825, 3b33c3151bf9842917cfa01255009707.jpg) [iqdb]
3789
[x] Is it possible to recharge this cell phone?

"Oh, the cell phone?" Aya asks. You give her your cell phone which has unfortunately run out of power.

"Well, I'll fix that for you." She turns the cell phone, pops open a compartment, dispatches two cylinders inside it and replaces it with two new cylinders. "Here you go, recharged and ready." She throws it back at you.

You grab it in the air. "That was quick, but that wasn't really... recharging, was it?"

"Nope, the person who designed this phone didn't think it through, so you'll have to do with these new batteries."

"New whats?"

"Batteries. These things contain the power to run that cell phone you have."

"Technology is surely strange..."

"Anyways, do you have any other questions for me?"

[x] Do you know anything about Remilia?

"Oh, her? That brat is a handful!"

"Tell me about it."

"Well, she is a bit of a snob, but she is very idealistic. Logic doesn't cross her mind once she finds something that will make her life better."

"Selfish and childish?"

"Selfish, but not childish. Remilia is just very determined to achieve the results that she seeks."

[x] As well as something about that maid.

"Sakuya? That lady's always with Remilia and is very loyal to her."

"I've seen her before."

"Interesting to say, she acts like a lady yet she makes no mistake for a human. A bit suspicious, huh?"

[x] Just say you need the info for something, and hint that something might happen underground.

"Well, Aya, thanks for the information. I've told you what I know by asking you about it, correct?"

"Of course! Anyways, I'll see you later. I need to investigate on this, pronto."

"Okay then, that works for me. See you later."
>> No. 3790
File 125997233870.jpg - (1.10MB, 1200x1600, 389fa4e51055d2d985b8959cb2a0e7b5.jpg) [iqdb]
3790
The last thing to do now is to have lunch with Parsee. The winds of time have been swirling around you for some time.

You head out to the gate, where Parsee's sitting once more.

"Hey." You say.

"Look who's here. What do you want?" Parsee snerked.

"Well, I feel like sharing lunch with you, of course." You hand her one of the bento boxes and a can of tea.

"That's a bit... strange of you, but thanks." Parsee opens it up while you sit down.

"So, how's things been about lately?"

"Nothing much, the same old same old."

During our conversation, Marisa walks up to us. "Enjoying lunch? Without me? That's not fun at all."

"It's nothing, Marisa, really." Parsee mumbled. Marisa walked up beside Parsee and sat down.

"Say, Parsee, who's your new friend?"

"It's just someone in particular. I enjoy his company when he comes around, just like Yuugi does."

"Oh, hum." I pop open my tea and start drinking. Parsee shares some of her lunch with Marisa.

Marisa starts talking again. "Hey, Parsee, did I tell you this story about someone going to the underground?"

"No, I don't think you have. Go on."

"Anyways! This story is about a human who told everyone three months ago that he would find something of high interest underground. It's not a very long story because his friend told him that he shouldn't do it, but yet he did."

"I can't tell time in here and I wouldn't remember anyone of the sort coming by here. Do you know his name, by any chance?"

"Nope, all I know is he never did come back. Maybe he found this place and just stayed here!" Marisa laughed.

"This city is pretty comfortable, isn't it?" Parsee mentioned.

Marisa waved her hand forward. "Yes, if it wasn't the same all the time. I'm surprised that Alice can handle this, but maybe it's because she's a youkai or she's used to this environment. I don't know, really, but she can stay here as long as she wants, but..."

"But what?" You ask.

"Alice wants me to take her home today, so I'm going to do that after we have this delicious lunch!" Marisa responds.

"Of course. You're an interesting person, Marisa. How is it up there?"

"Not as dark and dreary as down here, that's for sure! It's lovely, really."

I guess you have new friends to be happy around. New people to relate to. New things to exper-

You look ahead. On the other side of the bridge, you see a few maid fairies searching the area.

Your joy is short-lived, isn't it? You should do something about this.

[ ] Confront the fairies alone and attack them.
[ ] Go to the fairies and convince them that the city isn't here.
[ ] Alert Parsee and Marisa to the fairies.
[ ] Ignore it and have your exciting lunch.

Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor (equipped)
Three Eye Surcoat
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle of Sake (unopened)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|||]
- Empty Paper Bag
- Doll (x 2)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
[ ] Give ________ to (Parsee, Marisa)
>> No. 3791
[x] Go to the fairies and convince them that the city isn't here.

>"Anyways! This story is about a human who told everyone three months ago that he would find something of high interest underground. It's not a very long story because his friend told him that he shouldn't do it, but yet he did."

>"I can't tell time in here and I wouldn't remember anyone of the sort coming by here. Do you know his name, by any chance?"

>"Nope, all I know is he never did come back. Maybe he found this place and just stayed here!" Marisa laughed.

This sounds interesting.
>> No. 3792
[x] Alert Parsee and Marisa to the fairies.
[x] Explain the situation
>> No. 3794
>>3791
I'm thinking that's us.
>> No. 3796
>>3791 Here, and I think we should try talking them away from the city, since fairy maids aren't that bright and we have some trust with Remilia's group, so they'd believe us.
>> No. 3801
Waiting, watching.
>> No. 3802
[x] Alert Parsee and Marisa to the fairies.
[x] Explain the situation
>> No. 3803
File 126014101615.jpg - (146.94KB, 600x500, parsee_and_marisa.jpg) [iqdb]
3803
[x] Alert Parsee and Marisa to the fairies.
[x] Explain the situation
>> No. 3805
File 126014520019.jpg - (226.20KB, 550x600, 59d7e3edde18e3e0efc09754b3db1d50.jpg) [iqdb]
3805
[x] Alert Parsee and Marisa to the fairies.

"Parsee, Marisa, we have a problem."

"Huh?" Parsee wasn't paying attention to the bridge because she was enjoying lunch with you.

"Oh, I see what your friend's talking about. Those fairies over there." Marisa points them out.

"That's not good news! Parsee exclaims and gets up.

"I'll finish lunch later then, come on!" Marisa got on her broom and boosted off to confront them.

You get up and leave your things where they are.

Parsee grabs your hand. "Let's go, we can't let them get away!"

This bridge is pretty long, isn't it? It feels like you've been running through time, running away from the city that wasn't always yours.

Parsee finally lets go and starts running at the fairies. You slow down, but you watch the destruction happening in front of you.

You can't leave those two be, can you? You warned them and they're getting rid of them for the city.

So, how can you help out?

[ ] Our training should prove to be useful here. Go straight ahead into the fray.
[ ] You're not human anymore, so you must have powers. Try it out in the fight.
[ ] Stay out of the way. These two can handle it on their own.

Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor (equipped)
Fur Boots (equipped)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 3808
[x] You're not human anymore, so you must have powers. Try it out in the fight.
-[x] Yet be mindful of the other two, as not to get in their way.
>> No. 3809
[x] You're not human anymore, so you must have powers. Try it out in the fight.
-[x] Yet be mindful of the other two, as not to get in their way.
>> No. 3977
File 126076230541.jpg - (131.17KB, 430x600, 53e022544627de13dd79cf74630e00ca.jpg) [iqdb]
3977
[X] You're not human anymore, so you must have powers. Try it out in the fight.

You grasp your broken sword in hand while the other two jump back and land beside you.

You're not human, so your flaws are gone, right? You can't be weak anymore, so let's show the world and prove this fact exactly how you'd like it.

Through concentration, your hand becomes engulfed in flames and your sword reshapes a new blade, one out of pure energy. The fiery rage you command now will lead you to victory, both of the battles you face around you and within yourself...

"Ready?" Marisa grins.

"Now!" You shout. You, Parsee and Marisa jump forth and dispatch the rest of the fairies.

...

Your sword flickers, then the burning fury of the energy dissipates and you're left with the broken metal sword once again.

"Phewww... thanks for helping us out." Parsee sighs.

"Oh come on, Parsee, we could have taken them all on by ourselves!" Marisa complains.

"Anyways, since that's over with, I need to tell you two something..." And with that, you explain to them where the fairies came from...


"Really? That doesn't sound unlikely at all. I better tell Alice about this then!" Marisa says.

Parsee sits down, worried. "I don't know if I can handle this, really."

You extend your hand out towards her. "It's okay, I'm here with you."

"That's nice of you." She murmurs. Parsee grabs your hands and gets up. "We should be getting back to the city."

"What are you going to do when you get home anyways?" Marisa ponders.

"Probably go to sleep. I've accomplished a lot today, you know!" You boast.

"Come on, that's a total lie!" Marisa pats you on the back.
>> No. 3978
File 126076236673.jpg - (364.19KB, 741x1035, e3b815845fa0624a0e1e3f3e0278f397.jpg) [iqdb]
3978
The mind's knowledge holds no motive in partial. There is only the choice to do so or not to do at all.

Gensokyo. The world above isn't as different as it is down under the surface; the fantastic events and the mythical creatures aren't restricted to those above you. Nobody here is a stranger anymore because everyone knows you by now, just like it was in the village a time ago. You're not human, but that allows you to live here in the first place. "Time" is still taking its toll on you, gradually seeping into your being and becoming of your actions. How much longer until everything is stable, everything you hold dear is safe?

You lay in your bed, staring at the ceiling above you. You strangely can't sleep, the things wandering around your mind. Your mind tells you that you are tired, but your body will not allow you to do such a thing. Hopelessly, you think about what's happened in the past.

--




*Status:
The power of fire runs through your veins. You can't become fire itself, but you can give weapons you hold such powers.


*Relationships:
Rin Kaenbyou:
Pet of Satori Komeiji, a cat. Responsible and able to focus well, she enjoys helping her master out. Wears a breastplate and greaves.

Queen Satori Komeiji:
The one governing the city. Her eye can peer into the hearts of others, but it does not mean that she is a stranger to emotions. Dresses in a robe.

Utsuho Reiuji:
Pet of Satori Komeiji, a crow. A bit childish, yet she cooperates with Orin because of her love for the master. Goes around with a cloak.

Parsee Mizuhashi:
The green-eyed youkai watching the bridge. She enjoys your company whenever she can. Friends with Yuugi.

Yuugi Hoshiguma:
An oni and one of the Four Mountain Devas. Enjoys a good challenge. Friends with Parsee.

Yamame Kurodani:
The witch doctor. She doesn't visit the city much, but she's helpful to those who visit her.

Kisume:
The witch doctor's assistant. Assists whenever she can.

Alice Margatroid:
A youkai puppeteer who is advancing her research in the underground. Avid, yet somewhat dense.

Marisa Kirisame:
One of the humans who resolved an incident in the city a long while ago. Rumored to actually be insane.

Aya Shameimaru:
A crow tengu from the surface. She has information that no one else may provide, but it's sketchy to be honest...

Remilia Scarlet:
A vampire girl leading the group to turn off the sun. She does not back down and looks out only for herself.

??? ???:
---

Sakuya Izayoi:
The servant of Remilia. Stoic and incredibly loyal to "her lady". Extremely defensive.

??? ???:
---

??? ???:
---

Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor (equipped)
Three Eye Surcoat
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle of Sake (unopened)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|||]
- Empty Paper Bag
- Doll (x 2)
>> No. 3979
File 126076243650.jpg - (779.91KB, 2007x2480, 6ba39605e25a3549cd1d5137763e6ce9.jpg) [iqdb]
3979
The winds of pandemonium are swiftly flying through the underground.

Who to trust, who to stand for?

The questions only take actions as answers,

so what are you going to do?

[ ] Side with the Komeijis.
[ ] Side with the Scarlets.
>> No. 3980
[x] Side with the Komeijis.

Can't really side with Remilia since we did kinda expose her plans to Satori..
Even if she doesn't already know, she will find out eventually.
>> No. 3982
[x] Side with the Komeijis.

The underground has been our home as far as we know it, and Satori was one to call upon our aid. That and Remilia's insane little stunt could easily count as an attack on our homeland.

But it doesn't mean we have to be spiteful or hateful about it, it's just that we're defending our home and friends.

And no my opinions weren't affected by certain awful stories.
>> No. 3984
[x] Side with the Komeijis.
>> No. 3985
[x] Side with the Komeijis.
We made that choice long time ago. A kid's whim against our city's safety? Come on.
>> No. 3986
[x] Side with the Scarlets.
Because I can.
'sides, I'm schizophrenic
>> No. 3987
[x] Side with the Komeijis.
>> No. 3990
[x] Side with the Komeijis.
I see no reason becoming a turncoat.
>> No. 3991
[x] Side with the Komeijis.
Duh
>> No. 4022
File 126121254482.png - (497.25KB, 740x640, 30a4b39a16294d3683372fa2d1085340.png) [iqdb]
4022
[X] Side with the Komeijis.

You've arrived home. Nothing else can change that fact and you're sure enough to keep it that way.

Alas, you're still in bed staring at the ceiling. Maybe you just need someone to visit you. Strangely, isn't it weird that everyone worth mentioning are fem-

Your door slides open and a familiar figure walks in, strolling along with her yellow ribbons around her skirt and her six buttons on her shirt. The darkness of the room is broken with the glow of the city, yet it doesn't distract you anymore.

"Hello again, it's you." Yamame slides the door half closed and sits on your bed. "Koishi told me you weren't feeling fine, so she went over and asked me to go see your condition."

Even if you were tired, you get up, turn over and sit beside Yamame. "I... just have some things on my mind." You take a look around. "Where is Koishi anyways? Wasn't she with you?"

"...Yeah, about that." Yamame just smiled. "I thought so too, but maybe I think she just got lost or something."

You chuckle a bit. "I guess she could have."

Yamame then turned towards you and examined you intently. "Since I'm here, let's get to the point: do you have any current problems?"

[ ] Tell her that you're fine and thank her for being concerned. Get back into bed and rest.
[ ] Just nod sideways and slip back into bed for another attempt at sleeping.
[ ] Embrace Yamame.
[ ] Tell her that you do have a problem, then wash it away with sake and offer her a drink.

Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor (equipped)
Three Eye Surcoat
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle of Sake (unopened)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|||]
- Empty Paper Bag
- Doll (x 2)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 4023
[x] Tell her that you do have a problem, then wash it away with sake and offer her a drink.
>> No. 4024
[x] Tell her that you do have a problem, then wash it away with sake and offer her a drink.
-[x] Examine: Bottle of Sake (May as well know if it's a particularly popular brand or just something special about it)
--[x] Use: Bottle of Sake
>> No. 4025
[x] Tell her that you do have a problem, then wash it away with sake and offer her a drink.
-[x] Examine: Bottle of Sake (May as well know if it's a particularly popular brand or just something special about it)

I think using the using the bottle is automatic with this choice.
>> No. 4049
File 126152735929.jpg - (430.30KB, 627x591, a660dba893205123fecf3db1dfbd225c.jpg) [iqdb]
4049
[X] Examine Bottle of Sake

You pick up the sake that Yuugi gave you.

A popular brand, noted to be good for parties. Of course, you never have parties because you don't know a lot of people willing to go out of their way to celebrate with you, right?

It's a brown bottle with a narrow neck, and the label implies it to be... Rice Sake? This isn't spectacular at all, isn't it? She really skimped out on your gift, but you should be happy she got you something for a change.

[X] Tell her that you do have a problem, then wash it away with sake and offer her a drink.

"Actually, I do have a problem," You say while you gently nudge Yamame away from yourself. "and I know the cure myself." You get up and head to the kitchen.

Yamame follows you with a confused look. "Just what are you doing?"

"Curing myself, of course." You open up the bottle of sake and pour yourself a cup. "Want some?"

"I... guess so." Her tone becomes slightly... sympathetic. "This is your kind of medicine?" She sits down on a chair in the kitchen. The circular wooden table stands still, with a place for napkins.

"Not really." You sit down on a chair beside her. "But it does make me feel better and you'll feel better too if you have some." You set a cup on the table in front of her and fill it up.

She takes a drink. "I already feel better, but I'm more concerned about you. Koishi's worried that you might become... reckless."

"Me, reckless? That doesn't sound like the me I know." You take a sip. Huh, Yuugi does have a good taste in alcohol, this isn't half bad.

Yamame looked frustrated at me. "You're lying through your teeth, aren't you?"

"No no no, why would I? I wouldn't tell my friends anything less of truth."

"I don't have any friends." She finished her drink. "And to tell you the truth, I enjoy living alone for that fact."

"Don't you have Kisume though?"

"Only as an apprentice, that's all." Yamame moved her glass towards you. "Another drink please."

"Um..." Reluctantly, you pour her another cup of sake.

And another...

And another...

...

Several drinks later...

"Those jerks! You know, I just... I just really hate them." Yamame had a coarse and rough tone to her voice now.

"You mean the humans up there?"

"Yes, especially the men." She tilted her head back and took another shot. "Every time one of them sees me, they think that I'm a good person until they figure out my true identity, then they call me a freak. Do you know how it's like? Do you?!"

"No, not really..." In the back of your head, you've had that feeling before... but from where?

"My instincts take over, I grab him by the waist and turn him around and that moment of fear in his eyes..." Yamame was extremely flustered, but nonetheless, she grabs the sake bottle and draws yet another cup of the beverage from it.

You're not even finished with your first cup...

"And then when I have my children, they manage to kill them all!" Yamame was sobbing now. "That just makes me furious with rage, so I have to something drastic... like rip out their intestines."

She's a bit psychotic, isn't she? "Are you feeling okay, Yamame?"

"I'm okay, don't worry..." Soon after, she murmured, "No... no, I'm not..."

You take the bottle back from Yamame and discover... it's empty. Her head is resting on the table with her arms around, crying her feelings out. So awkward.

Now what?

[ ] Let her cry on your shoulder.
[ ] Comfort her with compliments.
[ ] Hug her lovingly.
[ ] Escort her back to her place.
[ ] Escort her to the door.

Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor (equipped)
Three Eye Surcoat
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle (empty)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|||]
- Empty Paper Bag
- Doll (x 2)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________

>> No. 4050
[X]Let her cry on your shoulder.

Yamame needs comforting.
>> No. 4051
[X]Let her cry on your shoulder.

I'd vote for hugging her, but she may end up taking it the wrong way.
>> No. 4054
[X]Let her cry on your shoulder.

Can't possibly go wrong~!
>> No. 4055
[x] Let her cry on your shoulder.
FOUR HUNDRED BABIES
>> No. 4060
[x] Let her cry on your shoulder.
[x] Comfort her with compliments.
[x] Escort her back to her place.

Not a bad order of things.
>> No. 4065
[X]Let her cry on your shoulder.
>> No. 4075
File 126191291339.jpg - (1.29MB, 1280x1024, a2216b3982fb4a481b171076a107d8ee.jpg) [iqdb]
4075
Christmas (and being sick for how many days now) is over, so we are back to our regular schedule.

---

[X] Let her cry on your shoulder.

"You'll feel better, trust me."

Yamame sobs on your shoulder with her arm around your neck and arm, rubbing her face left and right. Some muffled sounds float out from her talking into your shoulder.

She soon lets go and rubs her eyes. "You know... youkai can only be understood by youkai. Most of the youkai here however don't really care..."

"I guess you could say that. Besides, I'm a person that can understand you, right?"

"That's true. Maybe I'll... visit you again." ...But that's a lie. You're not a pure youkai.

A sound. "Hmm?" You look towards the entrance and when the sliding door closes, it's a familiar face with a familiar tone. Koishi.

"Hey, you guys! Uhh... Yamame, is something the matter?"

"I... I'm feeling a little better, but it's nothing you have to get worried over, Koishi." Her hands stay still in her lap, but she shows signs of wanting to leave.

"Anyways, I've got a letter and guess who it's for." Koishi points the envelope to you. That is a peculiar fact indeed: you never did walk to the doorstep to pick up your mail.

You take the envelope and turn it around. A heart sticker again. Upon its contents lies another notice from the Queen Satori:

Dear whom it may concern,
I have analyzed the information you presented to me a while ago and I have concluded that I shall start a secret project to confirm the data you have given me. You are the main component to this mission, so I would like you to arrive in the throne room to obtain the information required to start the operation. I would love to know if you do have the time to honor this request. Please be respectful and punctual. Thank you for reading this letter.
Sincerely, Queen Satori

"Satori wants you to do another one of her errands for you, huh?" Koishi snerked.

That's confusing. "How did you know that? I didn't even read this letter aloud."

"Come on, it shouldn't be that complicated! Add it up!~"

Amidst the fun that Koishi was having with mocking what her sister asks people to do, Yamame was still sniffing and blushed, but she was fine... or not. Thud! "Heeheeey, not there..."

Koishi had a double take. "Did she just... fall out her chair?" She glared at you. "What did you do, exactly?"

"I just gave her a little drink..." Your hesitation makes more words jump out your mouth. "...like the whole bottle."

"That's not good, is it? As much trouble as you've done to her, I should still help Yamame out."

You wave your hands back and forth horizontally. "Hey hey hey, I didn't do anything stupid! I was just trying to help."

Koishi smiled. "The past is the past, but she's stumbling over drunk right now and that's something we should fix, unless you want to go talk to my sister right now."

You stand up from your chair. "Well..."

[ ] Ask Koishi to take Yamame back to her place while you go talk to Satori.
[ ] Help Koishi take Yamame back to her place.
[ ] Let Yamame sleep at your place and go talk to Satori.

Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor (equipped)
Three Eye Surcoat
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle (empty)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|||]
- Empty Paper Bag
- Doll (x 2)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 4076
[X] Let Yamame sleep at your place and go talk to Satori

May as well let her sleep it off for now at home; especially considering with the recent excursions from Remilia's party, Yamame might become a liability for the subterranean city and be harmed in the process as well.
>> No. 4084
[x] Let Yamame sleep at your place and go talk to Satori.
>> No. 4087
[x] Let Yamame sleep at your place and go talk to Satori.
- [x] Either ask Koishi to explain things to Yamame when she gets up or leave a note so at least the cute spider-girl isn't in the dark.

Yeah I think it wouldn't hurt to just have her sleep it off.
>> No. 4110
[x] Let Yamame sleep at your place and go talk to Satori.
- [x] Either ask Koishi to explain things to Yamame when she gets up or leave a note so at least the cute spider-girl isn't in the dark.
>> No. 4219
>>4076
This.
>> No. 4308
File 126403535177.jpg - (678.23KB, 655x1024, RS8-4pic.jpg) [iqdb]
4308
[X] Let Yamame sleep at your place and go talk to Satori.

"That's fine with me, as long as she's okay." Koishi apporves.

Yamame laid on the floor on her side, breathing softly with closed eyes.

"She can go back to her place," You move your chair out of the way and walk over to Yamame. "when she's awake and better, okay?"

Koishi felt unsure about your decision, but your motion made your message come across clearly. She decides to get over and help you with Yamame.

Soon enough, Koishi and you get her on your bed gently. She moans slightly, but returns to her slumber.

"Are you sure you're okay with her here?" Koishi questioned.

You answer, "She'll be up before I'm back most likely." Not like you'd actually sleep with her, would you?

"I guess while you're chatting it up with my sister, I should get Kisume over here."

"You should! It'll make her feel better knowing what's happened with her master and such."

You slide open the door while Koishi strolls through. The door closes. Both characters part way.

The murkiness of the palace surrounds you once more. The atmosphere now feels sinister, but this request must be important, to you and to Satori as well.

You walk past the throne room and enter Satori's room again, taking a seat in the chair with her across the table, as it was with the cat the last time you were here.

"Welcome again." Satori greets you with a smile, a rarity if you thought of how many you've seen around here.

"Hello Satori. So..." You look at Satori a bit and find her nice for the eyes. Not literally, of course.

"The request?" She catches your drifting statement. "Since I've analyzed all the information, I have gained valuable data about what we're up against, but..."

"Something wrong?"

Satori's eyes narrow. "I need you to confirm it for me by immersing yourself with the Scarlets."

"...What?"

"Get closer to the Scarlets so we have more details to prepare ourselves against them. Are you willing to help?"

[ ] "Anything for you, Satori! I'll get right to it!"
[ ] "Alright, I'll do it. It might take a while though."
[ ] "Actually, I have something to do before I can help."
- [ ] Visit the bar and see if Yuugi is there.
- [ ] Visit the gate and look for Parsee.

Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor (equipped)
Three Eye Surcoat
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle (empty)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|||]
- Empty Paper Bag
- Doll (x 2)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 4309
File 126403553849.jpg - (82.20KB, 600x600, orz.jpg) [iqdb]
4309
Sorry about the 3 week delay. Lots of stuff going on.

To make up for it, I will have daily updates for now until further notice.
>> No. 4310
[ ] "Alright, I'll do it. It might take a while though."
>> No. 4311
[X] "Alright, I'll do it. It might take a while though."

Works for me~!

Nice to see you're back as well, but hey take your time on the updates if you need to polish them later on.
>> No. 4312
[x] "Alright, I'll do it. It might take a while though."
Gaining their trust and betraying them? Feels bad man.
>> No. 4313
>>4312
On the other hand, the enemy camp managing to capture Utsuho and some how controlling her would be real bad.
>> No. 4314
[X] "Alright, I'll do it. It might take a while though."

Middle of the road choice, that and it wouldn't be something done quickly. But I feel if we're not careful we might end up forgetting which side we're originally on.
>> No. 4325
File 12641320773.png - (469.25KB, 800x800, RS8-5pic.png) [iqdb]
4325
>>4312
Mind you, you did delay the discovery of the city by destroying some of Remilia's scouts. This is just icing on the Komeijis' cake.

---

[X] "Alright, I'll do it. It might take a while though."

"Thank you for your assistance. As long as they don't attack, we have all the time we can afford." Satori's smile disapears. "Still, you should get going then."

"I should! Thank you for letting me help you." You slide the chair back and get up.

Satori waves her hand. "Goodbye. I'll be getting the news around the city about the information you've trusted to me soon, okay?"

"Alright." You wave goodbye to Satori and leave the palace.

The buildings enveloped in the glow of the lanterns strung everywhere give you the feeling of home again, the mood of the public walking with joy in their spirits, and the misfortune of not knowing many people around here...

However, there is someone you know that's fun to hang out with...

You arrive at the gate once more. The pale red bridge with the wooden path is laid out in front of the city. Lanterns on the posts that hold the bridge are jumping with energy. It was just a time ago where you came here and saw...

"Parsee? How are you doing?" You sit down on the dirt ground with her, your legs straight out.

Strangely, she's hugging her legs with a glum face. "Not very well."

You move your arm over Parsee's shoulder. "Huh? What's wrong?"

She grabs your arm and pushes it away. "Nothing."

"Are you sure?"

"You know what you told me last time? The fairies and everything? It makes me feel a bit... depressed. I've guarded the bridge all this time, yet I feel helpless to what fate may befall the city I've never seen." Parsee lets go of her legs and leans back until she lies on the floor, her hands behind her head and staring at the ceiling, what the surface never sees yet we do all the time. "It's been nice with company like Yuugi and you around to keep me happy... I'm jealous you actually have the time for that."

"It's never too late to enjoy what you have now." The threat that faces us now is from the surface, those who wanted something that could have been left alone in solitude...

"It's a misfortune that those nice times are nearing to an end." She pushes herself up and moves up beside you. "Well, do you feel like doing anything?"

[ ] Leave without a word.
[ ] Say goodbye. She might feel better knowing you're finally setting out for the surface.
[ ] Note that you're leaving, but you'll be back soon.
[ ] With all disregard to common sense, bring her with you for the mission. It'll make her feel like she's going to help the city and she'll know it.

Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor (equipped)
Three Eye Surcoat
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle (empty)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|||]
- Empty Paper Bag
- Doll (x 2)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 4327
[x] With all disregard to common sense, bring her with you for the mission. It'll make her feel like she's going to help the city and she'll know it.

This will give her a chance to help. And in Gensokyo you can't let yourself be held back by common sense.
>> No. 4328
[x] With all disregard to common sense, bring her with you for the mission. It'll make her feel like she's going to help the city and she'll know it.

By proxy, she technically still is guarding the bridge. Simply through other means
>> No. 4332
>>4328
I like your twisted, twisted logic. You should be a lawyer.


[x] With all disregard to common sense, bring her with you for the mission. It'll make her feel like she's going to help the city and she'll know it.
>> No. 4506
[x] With all disregard to common sense, bring her with you for the mission. It'll make her feel like she's going to help the city and she'll know it.


DO WANT possible Maid Parsee.
>> No. 4519
File 126515838459.png - (444.21KB, 1089x1200, 0b5946c3afca592a14670c8cee0eec7f.png) [iqdb]
4519
[X] With all disregard to common sense, bring her with you for the mission. It'll make her feel like she's going to help the city and she'll know it.

You grab Parsee's hand and pull her up, then you suddenly start running with her across the bridge.

"I've got an idea!"

"Wh-what?!"

Tap tap tap... The sound of the footsteps of two, running...

You sprint across the wooden bridge, with the bright red posts rushing by,
across time and space, the border of the civilized and the wild,
a human and a youkai who could get along...

You arrive at the other end of the bridge while Parsee is tired from the journey across the boundary separating one from another.

"I was given a mission. The mission to change fate. If you want to do it, to change destiny, you would, right?"

Parsee's tone mellowed. "Change destiny? A fate that's predetermined?"

"With information, decisions can be changed and whole worlds affected. Help me and you'll help the city. The city you hold dear to your heart."

"But why take me? You could have anyone else in the city go with you, so why me?"

"Because I trust you."

She then became flustered. "I can't tell if you're being lovely or just foolish..." She shook her head. "Why am I complaining? I have a friend now who thinks I have the power to change what's going to happen. I'll... come with you."

Parsee grips your hand.

"We should get going. Mustn't be late." You remind her.

"To change the world we know, right?" Parsee smiled.

"Of course. It's our world."

You traverse the terrain with Parsee to get to...
>> No. 4521
File 126515862938.jpg - (1.06MB, 800x800, 6776724ef2d6cf250ec28b2c79476849.jpg) [iqdb]
4521
"Hello again." Remilia catches a glimpse of you coming from the rocks. "And who is this girl?"

"I'm his friend, Parsee Mizuhashi." Parsee answered. "Travelling partner."

"Yes, she is. And for your offer, I have decided to take it." You wave your hand around. "Sorry about the delay. I had to... contemplate it."

"That is okay. Any help will aid us greatly." Remilia answered. "I am sorry, but we are busy right now, so I will help you get yourselves acquainted later."

"Alright then. Thank you for your patronage." You bow to Remilia.

"As I have said, anything you can provide to us about what we are aiming for will be greatly appreciated. Anyways, goodbye for now." And with that, Remili left.

...

"So she's..." Parsee questioned.

"Yes, that's her. The one that threatens us." You respond.

"It doesn't feel like she can harm us at all..."

"I can. She just keeps her power at bay, that's how."

You look around with Parsee. There's a bit of a ruckus at the tents around the campsite. You have no direction now but forward, so where shall you investigate first?

[ ] Search the premises for Sakuya.
[ ] Follow Remilia anyways.
[ ] Get directions from a maid fairy for you and Parsee's clothes.
[ ] Look around for anyone interesting.

Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor (equipped)
Three Eye Surcoat
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle (empty)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|||]
- Empty Paper Bag
- Doll (x 2)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 4522
[ ] Search the premises for Sakuya.
Why? She can look through lies almost as good as Remilia, and has the habit of cutting troubles short (literally)
[ ] Follow Remilia anyways.
Disobeying Ojou sama? I don't think so, Tim.
[ ] Get directions from a maid fairy for you and Parsee's clothes.
[ ] Look around for anyone interesting.
Tempeting. But if you make friends, wouldn't it be much harder to betray them later on?

[x] Get directions from a maid fairy for you and Parsee's clothes.
Sure, why not?
>> No. 4525
[x] Get directions from a maid fairy for you and Parsee's clothes.
>> No. 4526
[x] Get directions from a maid fairy for you and Parsee's clothes.
>> No. 4527
At last, updates! I was beginning to worry, this has been one of my favorite reads in /underground so far.

[x] Get directions from a maid fairy for you and Parsee's clothes
>> No. 4581
File 126567853566.jpg - (60.73KB, 650x900, RS9-2pic.jpg) [iqdb]
4581
[X] Get directions from a maid fairy for you and Parsee's clothes.

You walk forward with Parsee, watching the many maids skitter about in the campsite like the insects you saw occasionally when you travelled here. It does feel crowded around here.

You wonder how many people are actually here when...

"Hey Parsee, do you..." You point towards a fairy heading straight towards you. "...see that?"

"Shouldn't she be busy with those other fai-"

"Hey you!" The maid fairy interrupts. She is wearing the usual uniform that all the other fairies you've seen, with her short light blue hair tied with a dark ribbon and her eyes of blue making her look childish. The interesting point you see of her is that her wings are made of... ice?

She complains, "It doesn't look like you two are from here!"

Parsee snarks. "Well, of course, miss obvious."

"No matter, I'd like to ask a question." You get ready to ask, but...

"Who are you anyways?" Parsee butts in.

"Just one of those maids. Can't you tell?"

Parsee pouted while you decided to ask your question now. "So where can we get our clothes?"

The fairy's wings starts flapping in excitement. "I can take you there right now!"

Parsee and you follow the fairy and arrive at the supply tent. Maids fly in and out of the tent at record speed, getting items for whatever they need.

"What's going on anyways? You should know." You ask.

"They're just getting cleaned up. That crazy vampire has one day of every week dedicated to getting her things tidy." She responds.

"One what of every what?"

"Are you that dumb? I hope not."

Parsee gets impatient. "Can't we get our clothes now?"

The fairy looks at you intently. "You should pay me for helping you, you know! A bunch of yen would be fine."

Ehhh? Why would you want to?

[ ] Pay her anyways... (It's 5000 yen though...)
[ ] Maybe we don't need the clothes.
[ ] Give her a "push" in the right direction.

Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor (equipped)
Three Eye Surcoat
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle (empty)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|||]
- Empty Paper Bag
- Doll (x 2)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 4583
[x] Give her a "push" in the right direction.
>> No. 4588
[x] Give her a "push" in the right direction.
>> No. 4589
[x] Give her a "push" in the right direction.
>> No. 4592
[X] Give her a Falcon Punch "push" in the right direction.
>> No. 4593
>A 'Push' in the right direction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f0Lp-3EhCE
>> No. 4658
File 126654374287.jpg - (709.51KB, 1000x774, RS9-3pic.jpg) [iqdb]
4658
>>4592
>>4593
I chuckled at these suggestions.

--

[X] Give her a "push" in the right direction.

"Geez, you." You shove the fairy slightly, yet it manages to move her quite a ways.

"Hey!!" She puffed up her cheeks and started her ranting at you when suddenly, a tall nicely dressed woman walked towards her and picked her up by the neck of her dress.

The woman expressed a sense of frustration with her eyebrows. "You do know you're supposed to be helping out the maids, you know?"

"What are you saying, you gate guard?! You're not making much sense since you're usually the one that's so la-"

Promptly, that *gate guard* decided to kick the fairy out of the tent. "Get moving!"

Due to the fact that the disturbance of the fairy's babbling is gone, you notice a lot more about the lady in front of you:

As you discovered before, she is incredibly tall compared to yourself. Her orange locks of hair waver about with a braid tied on each side of her face. A slate-colored beret with a star sits on her head while her suit of the same color looks incredibly loose. You assume that she must move a lot with all the wrinkles she's left on her outfit.

"So where were we?" She murmured to herself. "Oh, right! Who are you two?"

"Uhh, umm, yes." Parsee faltered at her introduction. "I'm Parsee. I'm his partner."

"And you are?" The woman looked questionably at you.

You hurriedly attempt to divert the topic. "We were looking for some clothes, you know!"

She shrugs it off. "I guess you don't want to talk about that, do you? Anyways..." After a brief turn of her head, she remembers something else. "I forgot! I should tell you who I am, of course. I'm Hong Meiling, the gate guard of the Scarlet Devil Mansion."

"Why aren't you up there then?" You asked.

"Master's got her sights set straight and she doesn't wanna fail, that's it!"

Parsee squinted her eyes. "A bit selfish, isn't she?"

"Yep!" Meiling nodded her head. "But orders are orders. I better get those clothes for you two then." She walked over to the counter and chatted with the clerk.

"Hey Parsee, do you think you can ask her about that interesting fairy?"

"Sure." Parsee strolled over and tapped on Meiling's shoulder. "Hey, when you're done, can you tell me and my friend about that maid you kicked a while ago?"

At that moment, Meiling turns around and almost slams her arms carrying the clothes into Parsee's head. Fortunately, Parsee ducked and managed to get away without a headache.

"Alright!" Meiling announced to us. "Here's your clothes." You went ahead and grabbed the clothes. You remember to give Parsee her clothes later when she's ready to change.

Parsee stood up. "Hey, Meiling, r-remember?" Her face was still showing fright from the accident that nearly happened.

"I do, fortunately!" Meiling sat down on a wooden box. Her hat floated, then plopped right back on. "That maid's actually Cirno. She's an ice fairy from the lake around the mansion I guard. A bit stupid, so I have to straighten her out, you know? I'm not a gate guard for nothing!" With that, she flexed her arm.

Wait, what? A lake around the mansion? "Why do you need to guard the gate then if there's a giant lake stopping people?" You questioned.

"Because Master said so. Even if people can fly, I can kick them out before they get in!"

Parsee rolled her eyes. "How about Marisa?"

Meiling twitched. "W-Well, she's no match for me!"

"We'd like to know where we can rest for a bit, if you know. Also, we need to change our clothes." This armor has been a bit clunky as of lately, really...

"Oh, that's easy." Meiling swiftly pointed in a direction. "Go that way! I won't lead you wrong."

"Thanks, Meiling." Parsee looked at where she pointed. "By the way..."

We looked at Meiling again and immediately, we see her snoring on the box, drooling happily with her arm supporting her head.

"...okay! We should get moving then."

"We should!"

[ ] Go to the resting area and change.
[ ] Look for Cirno. We could get more information out of her.
[ ] Bother Remilia.
[ ] Look for other people.

Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor (equipped)
Three Eye Surcoat
Slate Black Suit
Blue Maid Outfit (No-Use)
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle (empty)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|||]
- Empty Paper Bag
- Doll (x 2)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 4659
[x] Go to the resting area and change.

Make ourselves more convincing.
>> No. 4660
[x] Go to the resting area and change.
-[x] Look for Cirno. We could get more information out of her.
Our mission is SERIOUS BUSINESS
>> No. 4661
[X] Go to the resting area and change.
-[x] After changing go look for Cirno. We could get more information out of her.

Not sure if A leads to B anyways, but I'll go with this.

>We looked at Meiling again and immediately, we see her snoring on the box, drooling happily with her arm supporting her head

Hah
>> No. 4664
[X] Go to the resting area and change.
[X] Look for Cirno. We could get more information out of her.

Narcoleptic gate guard is narcoleptic.
>> No. 4685
File 126698931557.png - (352.64KB, 571x800, RS9-3pic.png) [iqdb]
4685
[X] Go to the resting area and change.

"Let's head over to where Meiling told us the resting area is. We should change into our new clothes so we don't look so out of place." You tell Parsee.

"I don't know, I feel pretty cozy in what I'm wearing. I guess maybe the people here don't think of that too well." Parsee placed her hand on her hip and blushed.

"Anyways..." You start towards the direction that the gate guard told you was the place you'd be able to relax and get your mind off of things for a while. Parsee follows you and soon enough, you arrive at the location. It's a pretty big house, but the building's style strangely resembles those from the city. Did Meiling build this?

You open the door and find it particularly empty. Everyone's most likely busy right now, so you wouldn't find anyone taking a break yet. Parsee takes a look around.

"You know, this might not be... bad. Not bad at all." She walks over to one of the beds and tries to examine the bed closer but she accidently bonks her head on the frame of the upper bed. "Ow!" She flinches while you go over and help her out.

"Hey, Parsee, are you okay? That looked pretty painful."

"Yeah! Doesn't take a genius to know that!" Parsee rubs her head, then moves carefully before sitting on the bed. "It's a nice place. I can't believe they had something like this going on in the background."

"I guess news doesn't travel much... Anyways, I better go change then."

"Alright, then."

You go ahead and give Parsee the blue maid outfit before deciding to change clothes.

You see that they do have a bathroom. The people were here a long time, haven't they? You go inside, lock the door with a click, and undress yourself, then you get the armor off and put on the butler suit. This looks like the kind that Meiling uses, considering it's just as loose as hers is. The armor will be pretty bulky to carry around if you aren't walking around in it.

"Hey, how's that suit going?" Parsee asks you while you leave the bathroom.

You move your arms around. "It's actually pretty fitting, don't you think?"

"You're just bragging." She then looked down at her clothes on her lap. "Still, is this a good idea?"

"I don't get why you're so worried about wearing that. No one you know will see you in it."

"What if I get to know the people around here? What will they think?"

"That you're a regular maid, of course. Nothing unusual."

"I guess so... it's still a bit embarassing." Parsee got up from the bed and walked inside the bathroom with her clothes ready.

The door slammed shut.

...

Wait, was that a click?

You didn't hear the click when she closed the door, did you?

Hmm...

[ ] No, don't think about it. Sit on the bed.
[ ] A peek wouldn't hurt. Check if the door's unlocked.
[ ] Pretend you have to go to the bathroom really badly.
[ ] Privacy? What privacy? Just open the door!

IInventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor
Three Eye Surcoat
Slate Black Suit (equipped)
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle (empty)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|||]
- Empty Paper Bag
- Doll (x 2)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 4686
[x] A peek wouldn't hurt. Check if the door's unlocked.
Tired of the safe options.
>> No. 4697
[x] A peek wouldn't hurt. Check if the door's unlocked.
>> No. 4712
[X] No, don't think about it. Sit on the bed.
>> No. 4713
File 126712295069.jpg - (337.07KB, 800x1100, 370b329eec0dfac0b34d2771299c2a6a.jpg) [iqdb]
4713
[X] A peek wouldn't hurt. Check if the door's unlocked.

There's evil afoot...
>> No. 4725
File 126742187690.jpg - (158.60KB, 500x818, RS9-4pic.jpg) [iqdb]
4725
[X] A peek wouldn't hurt. Check if the door's unlocked.

It wouldn't hurt, right? You decide to peek from the slightly ajar door.

Hmm... she actually looks pretty nice from here. Her breasts are nicely shaped (but you'd prefer them to be larger, really) and her figure is curvy. Does she exercise with Yuugi or something?

Parsee removes her skirt, then her jacket. "Ahh..." She sighs. "Much better." She takes off her black shirt and her underwear. Wow, this is a very interesting endeavor indeed...

Bump.

Crap, the door made a noise?! What a shoddy piece of...!

"Wh-what?!" Parsee blushed while she looked towards you, but she doesn't catch you. Of course, she would assume that you were there, but you'd have the excuse that the door is poorly made and it was just her imagination.

The door is now actually closed. You go over and sit down on the bed, noting to avoid the upper bed's frame from hitting your head.

A few moments later, Parsee opened the bathroom door and appeared in her maid outfit.

"That's... pretty nice." You compliment her.

Parsee was still blushing. "This still looks embarassing and you know, that door is creeping me out!"

You give an expression of confusion. "What do you mean? It worked fine for me, so why wouldn't it for you? Maybe it's got it out for you."

"Don't annoy me with such jokes! That's not funny..."

Suddenly, the door to the building opens up.

You look towards it and see... "Hey, it's Saku-"

With a booming voice, Sakuya found Parsee dressed up and ready to go. "So you're the new recruit, huh? You better get to your duties!" And with that, she walked over, grabbed Parsee's wrist, and dragged her out.

"Aah! What's with that kind of force?!" Parsee screamed.

"Stop your complaining, you've got work to do!" Sakuya commanded.

The door slammed shut.

Parsee's most likely suffering from hard work, but you've got a mission to deal with, you know!

[ ] Go follow Parsee and see what she's doing.
[ ] Find and bother Cirno for more information.
[ ] Let's visit Meiling again.
[ ] Look for other people to interrogate.

Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor
Three Eye Surcoat
Slate Black Suit (equipped)
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle (empty)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|||]
- Empty Paper Bag
- Doll (x 2)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 4726
[x] Go follow Parsee and see what she's doing.

We can always assume that she's our boss.
>> No. 4727
[x] Look for other people to interrogate.
>> No. 4728
[x] Go follow Parsee and see what she's doing.
Like a boss.
>> No. 4729
[x] Look for other people to interrogate.

By splitting up we can find more people to gain intel from.
>> No. 4731
[X] Look for other people to interrogate.

I doubt Cirno and Meiling would know too much about the situation anyway, and I believe Sakuya...

*puts on sunglasses*

...is a bit too sharp to fool.
>> No. 4732
>>4731

http://www.epiconeliner.com/
>> No. 4734
>>4731
Anon, you're fantastically hilarious.

--

[X] Look for other people to interrogate.

Ah, while Parsee's getting information from Sakuya, you might as well get information from whoever's around here. You don't feel like asking Cirno because she kind of hates you now and Meiling's probably busy right now.

You open the door and walk around outside... or whatever you'd think it is. The smell around here, you're not used to, but maybe that's because this is still unknown territory to you.

The maids are still skittering around the place and frantically rushing to get the job done. I guess for being a valuable asset, you don't have to do any back-breaking work. That sucks for Parsee though...

The buildings around here feel like they've been here a while, like the one you just left. The ground you're walking on feels as smooth as the floor you strolled around in the city. How did they do this in such a short period of time?

Your mental questions have to wait, though. You arrive at a different looking building, no windows and one door in sight.

A wooden sign hangs on the door that reads,

Do not disturb!

Are you one to follow rules?

[ ] Well, of course! Keep looking for other people.
[ ] Knock just in case.
[ ] Check to see if the door's unlocked.

Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor
Three Eye Surcoat
Slate Black Suit (equipped)
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle (empty)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|||]
- Empty Paper Bag
- Doll (x 2)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 4735
[X]Check to see if the door's unlocked.

[X]Equip: Doll Shield Card
-[X]Remove from pouch and place it in right front pocket for quicker access should anything go wrong.
>> No. 4737
[x] Well, of course! Keep looking for other people.

Better to let Sleep vampires sleep.
>> No. 4740
[X] >>4735

What could possibly go wrong?

If it were Remilia's room, even the door would be designed much more elegeantly. Maybe this door leads to the library. That's our best option right now.

In b4 IT'S FLANDRE!
>> No. 4742
>>4740
Nah Patchouli woudln't be bothered to leave her big comfortable library to go underground in a small dinky one. it's obviously a vampire quarters, and either way messing with it is not a good idea.
>> No. 4744
File 126775055172.jpg - (430.45KB, 1024x1024, RS9-6pic.jpg) [iqdb]
4744
>>4740
I can't believe you. You guessed right.

--

[X] Equip: Doll Shield Card
- [X] Remove from pouch and place it in right front pocket for quicker access should anything go wrong.

You remove the card from your pouch and ready it.

[X] Check to see if the door's unlocked.

You grasp the knob and turn it. It is unlocked! You decide to open it up a bit.

... "Who's there?" A voice rings out.

You push the door open with much creaking.

The inside just smells of knowledge... old books, strictly contained lanterns, and a table set in the middle of the room. A woman sits on one of the chairs, a tea cup in hand and a book in the other.

She doesn't even take the effort to look at you, fairly absorbed in the book she is studying. "You simpleton, can you not read? The sign clearly said 'Do not disturb!'."

You come inside and close the door. "Of course I can read, I just don't go out to follow the rules sometimes." You walk over and sit down in the soft chair opposite the lady.

She has long, flowing amethyst hair and a hat with a strange C-like symbol on it. Her robe which reaches down to the floor shine lightly with a pastel purple against the lanterns. Her figure, you assume, shows that she does not move much, nor does she do much of anything besides reading.

"Rules exist for a reason. Without rules, we would all be uncivil animals." She turns a page in her book, uninterested in who I even am.

"Some people don't follow the rules for a just cause."

"Those people no longer exist as far as I know. It is bound for them to disappear."

"...Who are you, anyways? You seem pretty interesting from what you've implied."

"What do you want to know about me? You are starting to sound like a nuisance." She sips her tea.

"Your name would work fine for now."

"If it suits you, fine. Patchouli Knowledge." Still, no eye contact.

"Interesting!" You take a look around. Many shelves line the walls and unlike the straight tone that Patchouli's voice has achieved, her books are scattered around in piles, without organization. "What's with all the books here anyways?"

"I enjoy feeling like I would back at the mansion. Why do you not know about these things in the first place?"

What a stubborn person. What does she expect me to do, read her like a book? She's a lot more shaded than the others I've talked to. It's like I'm talking to Satori again.

"Anyways..." You drift off.

[ ] "What do you think of what's going on?"
[ ] "What's your relationship with Remilia?"
[ ] (write-in)
[ ] "Well, I guess I've got nothing else to ask you. See you later!"

(even if I gave the audience the ability of a write-in, you can only pick one option, because Patchouli doesn't like it when you waste her time "discussing")

Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor
Three Eye Surcoat
Slate Black Suit (equipped)
Doll Shield Card (1 use) (in pocket)
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle (empty)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- "Cell Phone" [|||]
- Empty Paper Bag
- Doll (x 2)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 4745
[x] "What do you think of what's going on?"
>> No. 4747
[x] "What do you think of what's going on?"
We want to know because we want to know.
Satisfy our curiosity or be undeserving of your name, miss Knowledge
>> No. 4751
>>4744

No way...I was right!? I could almost strike a victory pose right about now.

>>4747

Match wit for wit? I like how you think.

[X] "I don't mean to antagonize you, Miss...Knowledge, was it? I've only started working here recently, and I'd like to get to know the mansion's residents."
[X] "What do you think of what's going on?"

If she refuses to tell...

[X] "But it's important that I know what's going on should I be ordered to do something to aid in whatever tasks that the mistress has planned."
[X] "Not telling me is rather contrasting of your namesake, Miss Knowledge..."

Stubborn Patchy is stubborn, but she can't read minds. Let's throw a bit of that "wit" of hers right back at her.
>> No. 4764
File 126784664110.jpg - (463.73KB, 742x903, RS9-7pic.jpg) [iqdb]
4764
[X] "What do you think of what's going on?"

"I find it barely logical."

"I do need to know how things work around here. It would be nice if you told me."

"Why should I tell you, a complete stranger who Remilia trusts? I don't find you worth the information."

"You're Patchouli Knowledge, right? I don't get why you would have to withhold information if you know how hard it feels to pursue it!"

"I am not obligated to tell you and that's that!"

You stood up. "If you can't tell me, how am I supposed to help Remilia?!"

Awkward silence. Patchouli put down her cup of tea and got up. She was biting her lip at the fact I presented to her, but finally we saw each other eye to eye. "You..." She closed her book.

You sit back down. "I guess that wasn't that after all..."

Patchouli sat back down as well and relaxed her shoulders. The book was left on the table. "You are... unfortunately right, you cannot help Remilia if I divulge no information to you. Therefore, I must."

"At least you know how I feel."

"Anyways," Her eye contact once again ceased.

"Remilia theorized from rumors and readings left over from the centuries of my library that there was an all-powerful object underground that controlled the cycle of the celestial bodies that live in the sky of our world.

She wants to gain control of it so that she can adjust the sun to disappear and the moon to stay. I told her that that was illogical and that no such thing exists, but she was adamant that it was possible.

The plan is to send scouts to search for any signs of civilization. That's pretty much it, really. There haven't been any progress lately, but with you showing up, her confidence had rekindled itself."

"Okay, I understand it now. Any information about the residents brought down here?"

"Well, I am the librarian of the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Nothing else to be said here.

Meiling is the gate guard. Unfortunately, she is very lazy and does not actually defend the gate very well. I wish Remilia would rethink her decision about her and get a new one.

Sakuya is the head maid and the one who operates most of the maintenance in the house. She is a bit stern and we don't get along. I pretty much think that she is going to bust a blood vessel with that much stress on her.

And finally, there's Remilia. She is my friend and even if I do disagree with the things she wants to do, I do not force her to not do them. She convinced me that if she ever does find the object, she will give me the information she finds from the remains of the city holding it. Even if it is illogical, information is indiscriminate and should be used if it is obtained."

...The remains? ...No. That won't happen. ...Never.

Your curiousity gets you enough information. "Well, thank you very much."

"I gave you the information you demanded, correct? Do not doubt that I do not know of anything. I must return to my b-"

There were a few taps at the door. "Maid here! I have arrived with lunch for you, Miss Knowledge!"

"You may come in." Patchouli opened her book up. "You should get some as well, stranger. Just go south and you will find what you are looking for."

[ ] "Alright, see you later."
[ ] "Can't I have lunch with you instead?"
[ ] "Nah... I just feel tired. Good bye though!"

Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor
Three Eye Surcoat
Slate Black Suit (equipped)
Doll Shield Card (1 use) (in pocket)
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle (empty)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- "Cell Phone" [|||]
- Empty Paper Bag
- Doll (x 2)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 4766
[X] "Can't I have lunch with you instead?"

We got Patchy's attention finally. Let's see if we can at the least establish some rapport with her to get a bit more on her good side. After that argument, I doubt she sees us in a good light yet.
>> No. 4767
[X] "Can't I have lunch with you instead?"
We need to make, at least, a single friend.
However she will not betray Remilia under any circumstances. Distressing.
>> No. 4769
[x] "Alright, see you later."

Let's see if Parsee is on her lunch break yet. It's a nice chance to check to see what she learned.
>> No. 4773
I can't update today. However, I've gotten you this!

Helioflora Cafe wiki, stores all story posts
>>/words/114
(Unfortunately, all the posts are in .txt format. I'll fix that soon. In a month.)

Also, because I don't like myself:

Yamame the Witch Doctor:
http://heliofloracafe.pbworks.com/f/WWC022210.txt
>> No. 4776
Ugh. Creative juices not flowing. I'll prioritize this story to be first up tomorrow.
>> No. 4831
>>4776

Those were actually pretty awesome.

>I'll prioritize this story to be first up tomorrow.
>10/03/12

ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 4834
I am really sorry about this, but real life decided "Let's have fun!".

I'm trying my best to update as soon as possible.

>>4831
I have to say, my family is pretty accurate about when to give me a push off the cliff.
>> No. 5127
I am up to my word.

I should be able to update without interruption on June 23rd.

I hope I can hold up on that too.
>> No. 5130
>>5127

Holy shit, update. Good luck
>> No. 5170
[ ] Ready up for updates. You know you can do it!
[X] Get completely screwed over as mother is fucking nuts and decides to cut off your internet access.

I must be a horrible person for not being able to live up to my promise, huh?

Anyways, indefinite hiatus until this gets resolved (either tomorrow or sometime when therapy works its magic) or I find a stable connection.
>> No. 5171
File 127728119913.png - (71.21KB, 256x256, 1276717358820.png) [iqdb]
5171
>>5170

Hinakou warmly waiting for whenever you are ready.
>> No. 5192
File 127935940549.jpg - (118.05KB, 480x600, 1104427.jpg) [iqdb]
5192
The situation has been resolved; I've got my computer back and with it the necessary amount of access to start writing and actually finish my updates.

Monday at the latest, but Sunday if I finish my errands early. I'll try my utmost best not to disappoint!
>> No. 5193
Hooray!
>> No. 5206
I don't know if I'm being eternally lazy or if I'm just perpetually tired; maybe I've caught the THP disease. It's so hard to get back into the groove after ~3 months of not writing, sorry for being so late. I'll try my best to being punctual again, you know, like the good old days.
>> No. 5262
>>5206

Don't worry about it so much. When you're ready to write again we'll be here.
>> No. 5417
File 12811814107.jpg - (1.16MB, 1157x1636, 66743b92b9b4773691a42f11655eb316.jpg) [iqdb]
5417
Time, space, and the eternal void can go screw itself, I'm going to do this!

Also, I may be biased towards Koakuma.

---

[X] "Can't I have lunch with you instead?"

"Ugh." Patchouli sighed with contempt. "I guess I cannot argue with you any longer, it would just be a useless battle now." She looked over to the maid just now entering the premises. "Excuse me, miss."

"Yes?"

Patchouli smiled at the maid. "May you retrieve another meal for our fine gentleman here please? He is not going to leave, so it should be justified to get him something to eat due to his ability to stay adamant to his cause." She then mumbled a bit. "Even if that cause is a real nuisance."

The maid shook her head. "Yes, m'am!" She then put down Patchouli's package on the table and ran off to get yours.

The door slammed shut, but while staring at the door, it opened again.

A young lady stepped inside, her flowing crimson hair waving about. She wore a maroon golden-rimmed vest with a white long-sleeved dress shirt, a maroon skirt that extended just down her thighs, and in her hands, two books, one the color of copper and the other bright as an emerald. Although looking at the books and seeing that her assets are... nicely balanced, her gleaming red eyes drew more of your attention away from Patchouli than anything else. She smiled, flapped her... wings? That, and waved at Patchouli.

Patchouli silently slid a bookmark inside her tome and closed it, then turned her head towards the red haired lady. "Koakuma, what news have you?"

Koakuma's smile quickly faded and she bowed, her hair moving past her shoulders. "I'm sorry, Master," She rose back up, clasping her books. "but I have not received any new reports from the scouts as of yet."

Patchouli smirked, the first time you've seen this happen. "Ah, well, you should not expect satisfactory results for every test, but it is still information to digest. Thank you for that, Koakuma." Patchouli once again popped open her tome and flicked the bookmark out, resuming her task before Koakuma's entrance.

Koakuma then finally decided to notice you with a quick shift. "Master, I'd like to ask, who is your new guest?"

"Just some new person assisting Lady Remilia on her plan for conquest." Patchouli nodded while flipping a page. "Do not worry about him at all. You should try to find some more information, yes?"

"Yes, Master!" Koakuma bowed again and rose, then the wings on her head fluttered as she opened the door and closed it quietly.

After the door clicked shut, Patchouli moved her book onto the table and opened her package...

It didn't look like lunch at all... It was more like a varied pile of colorful rocks.

She grabbed her book back and started to read. With her right hand, she carefully moved into the pile and whisked away a green rock from it. Afterwards, she nonchalantly popped the rock in her mouth and continued to read.

You, in this moment, did not want to be rude at all, but right now...

[ ] Ask Patchouli another question while you wait for your food.
- [ ] "So, who's Koakuma?"
- [ ] "Are you in command of the scouts?"
- [ ] "Do you ever eat normal food?"
- [ ] "Can you tell me more about Remilia?"
- [ ] "Can you tell me more about Sakuya?"
[ ] Excuse yourself and leave. You can probably take it from the maid when she comes knocking.
- [ ] Follow Koakuma. Those books may hold some clues!
- [ ] Stalk Koakuma. I mean, why wouldn't you? She seemed kind of sexy to you.
- [ ] Look for Parsee. I'm sure she has some information by now.
- [ ] Wander around the place. Maybe we'll find another person of interest.
- [ ] Go back to the resting area. You're a bit tired from Patchouli's nonsense.
[ ] Just wait around. Twiddle your thumbs.

(remember, don't dawdle around Patchouli, she hates that; one option and suboption only!)

Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor
Three Eye Surcoat
Slate Black Suit (equipped)
Doll Shield Card (1 use) (in pocket)
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle (empty)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- "Cell Phone" [|||]
- Empty Paper Bag
- Doll (x 2)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 5421
[x] Excuse yourself and leave. You can probably take it from the maid when she comes knocking.
- [x] Look for Parsee. I'm sure she has some information by now.

I hope I'm not the only one who remembers Parsee as the target.
>> No. 5437
[x] Excuse yourself and leave. You can probably take it from the maid when she comes knocking.
- [x] Look for Parsee. I'm sure she has some information by now.

Not sure about the information bit, but Sakuya has probably worked her into gelatin at this point. Poor Parsee.
>> No. 5472
[x] Excuse yourself and leave. You can probably take it from the maid when she comes knocking.
- [x] Look for Parsee. I'm sure she has some information by now.
>> No. 5479
[x] I bid you farewell, miss Knowledge. Experiences are calling on my door and I attempt to answer them. finding secrets, facts and the like first hand is usually more satisfying than... (gesture to the books) reading someone else's.
-[x] Look for Parsee. I'm sure she has some information by now.
I'm feeling a bit melodramatic, sue me.
>> No. 5509
[x] Excuse yourself and leave. You can probably take it from the maid when she comes knocking.
- [x] Look for Parsee. I'm sure she has some information by now.

Oh hey update
>> No. 6291
File 12898661047.jpg - (459.41KB, 1280x1280, RS9-9pic.jpg) [iqdb]
6291
I'm not dead, just incredibly slow.

---

[X] Excuse yourself and leave. You can probably take it from the maid when she comes knocking.
- [X] Look for Parsee. I'm sure she has some information by now.

"I bid you farewell, Miss Knowledge. Experiences are calling on my door and I attempt to answer them. finding secrets, facts and the like first hand is usually more satisfying than..." You gesture towards the books. "reading someone else's."

"As much as you say," Patchouli answers. "these books are written by experts of their crafts, those who place their professions as their life and accumulate knowledge just to create these tomes. What do you think that you, a novice of anything and everything, would learn from just jumping into it without context?"

You slide the chair away from the table and get up. "You are just assuming that I do not know what I am getting myself into. Do you ever judge a book by what you see on the outside instead of what you read on the inside?"

Patchouli tilts her head, then nodded. "I guess so, but we will see if your boast holds any standing soon. So, farewell."

You leave the building and close the door.

You see Koakuma's figure in the distance, but your attention shifts as the maid who was ordered to retrieve your lunch draws closer.

She stops in front of you and blushes. "Oh, are you the gentleman that Miss Knowledge wanted to get lunch for?"

You nod. "Yes, I am." The maid promptly gives you your lunch, inside of a paper bag. "Thanks!" You answer.

She then turns and leaves you with your lunch.

You decide to go and look for Parsee and you're probably sure that the maid that gave you your lunch is headed back to the cafeteria, so you follow her there.

The cafeteria consists of several tents propped up and many maids pleasantly enjoying their meals. You look around and see one of the maids laying their head down sideways.

You walk over, sit down beside her, and greet her. "Hey!"

The maid moves her head up, with her blonde hair slowly swaying, and looks at you. Her green eyes have slight bags under them and she seems a bit... distraught. "Oh, it's you."

You lower your volume down to a whisper while putting your lunch on the table and opening the bag. "Parsee, did you discover any new information?"

Parsee tilts her head and shakes her face. "Yeah, the head maid is a bitch. I'm surprised that I managed to last this long, but I'd thank Yuugi and her 'training regiments' for that." She whispers. She pops open the main dish and finds it strangely appetizing: a steak with sliced mushrooms and dark brown sauce. "Sakuya does manage to keep everyone in line, however. Not as lenient as the ringleader in all this."

You pop open your lunch as well and grab your fork. "I wonder how Remilia even manages to keep her around when it looks like she's the boss around here."

Parsee picks up her fork, cuts a bit of the meat, chews on it, then swallows. "I've got a question for you," She waves her fork around. "who do think we should try to looking out for?"

[ ] "We should pursue Cirno."
[ ] "We should pursue Meiling."
[ ] "We should pursue Patchouli."
[ ] "We should pursue Sakuya."
[ ] "We should pursue Remilia."
[ ] "We should pursue Koakuma."


Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor
Three Eye Surcoat
Slate Black Suit (equipped)
Doll Shield Card (1 use) (in pocket)
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle (empty)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- "Cell Phone" [|||]
- Empty Paper Bag
- Doll (x 2)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 6292
Anyone thinking on this?

Cirno- Head of fairies right? I don't think she'd be too much of a threat.

Remilia? Mastermind, possible threat, but seems to delegate stuff.

Sakuya- Right hand maid, very danagerous.

Patchy- The brains

Koakuma-Wild card
>> No. 6303
[x] "We should pursue Remilia."
>> No. 6307
[x] "Sakuya"
She's the true power behind the SDM. Remilia just doesn't care enough.
>> No. 6309
[X] "We should pursue Sakuya."

She's the keystone of this outfit.
>> No. 6863
I apologize, but I am officially dropping this story as of now.

Poor organization made most of the posts after the 7th Day have barely any content and a lot of stuffing.
>> No. 6864
File 13061581076.gif - (135.67KB, 320x200, snoop_car.gif) [iqdb]
6864
>>6863
When the pimp's in the crib ma...
>> No. 6872
File 130619476162.png - (11.38KB, 429x410, 1293483277940.png) [iqdb]
6872
That's a joke, right?
>> No. 6876
The protagonist's name is Surt.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x