- [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (Reply to 2303)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 125504724223.jpg - (583.42KB, 800x740, RS1pic.jpg) [iqdb]
2303 No. 2303
What fun. What games.

Gensokyo. It's apparently a world of mythical creatures and fantastic events, but you've realized that most of it is on the surface. The underground city is a different kind of Gensokyo, you would presume; there are a lot of misfits (most who which you haven't even decided to greet until today), but they're a friendly bunch. There must be a reason why you're down here and not up there, but you haven't discovered that that reason is. You have heard of a concept called "time", but it's hard to decipher it when the only things that change are the lights turning on and off for long periods of time each cycle. Even with all this, the city still seems a bit dull, although you might be in something bigger than yourself soon enough.

You wake up and decide to get up and out. Living in such a quaint home is nice, but nothing really does change. You slide open the door and you would never have guessed it, but you had apparently gotten mail. In further inspection, you find that it's a letter that looks plain, yet has a heart sticker sealing it. You open up the letter and read the invitation inside.

Dear whom it may concern,
I have requested you for an audience with me. It is not mandatory, but if you can afford the time, I would enjoy your company. If in the likelihood you have such a commodity, come to the door of the Palace of Earth Spirit and knock. Rin will inform me of your arrival and I will tell you what I would want you to know. Please be respectful and punctual. Thank you for reading this letter.
Sincerely, Queen Satori

You place the letter in your pouch and decide to go for a field trip. The broken down house near the place where you lived stood there, gradually creaking sometimes. Walking amongst the streets of the Underground City, it was a daily sight to see the activity of everyone in the vicinity. Nothing ever stood still when you looked at the population, including the marketplace and the bar on the district opposite of the residential area, yet the entire city in fact did. The Palace of Earth Spirits, you've heard, stood with vigiliance, never to crumble in any person's lifetime, with its walls of stone and the architecture made by a master of their craft. It was quite strange that she had actually called for a "time" to meet her. There's no early and no late, but just to meet her if you had "time", which is why you're now at the front door. The door is the only gate standing between you and this "Queen Satori".

The question is,

"Do you still have that luxury?"

[ ] Yes, I do. Knock on the door and hope that this "Rin" will answer.
[ ] No, not really. Walk up and open the door without bothering to knock and wait.
[ ] Actually, no. Let's just walk around the city and see if anything else is worth more than visiting.


* Inventory:
Light Armor
Boots
Pouch
- 10,000 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 2 1,000-yen bills, 3 500-yen bills, 10 100-yen coins, 10 10-yen coins)
- Satori's Letter
- Bread (fresh)

Inventory Actions:
[ ] Examine __________
[ ] Use _________
Expand all images
>> No. 2304
File 125504780393.jpg - (460.99KB, 694x681, satori_listening.jpg) [iqdb]
2304
[x] Yes, I do. Knock on the door and hope that this "Rin" will answer.
CHOJAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>> No. 2305
[x] Yes, I do. Knock on the door and hope that this "Rin" will answer.
>> No. 2306
[X] Go home

Damn it, we can't do that, huh?

[X] No, not really. Walk up and open the door without bothering to knock and wait.

I like opening doors. Opening doors everywhere. We should do that, opening doors. It'd open doors.
>> No. 2307
[X] Yes, I do. Knock on the door and hope that this "Rin" will answer.

[X] Examine All
[X] Use Light Armour (Equip), Boots (Equip)
>> No. 2309
[X] Yes, I do. Knock on the door and hope that this "Rin" will answer.
[X] Examine Bread (fresh)

Is it suitable to share with our hostess?
>> No. 2310
[X] Yes, I do. Knock on the door and hope that this "Rin" will answer.

I mean, who wouldn't?
>> No. 2311
[X] Yes, I do. Knock on the door and hope that this "Rin" will answer.
>> No. 2317
>>2303
[X] Yes, I do. Knock on the door and hope that this "Rin" will answer.
>> No. 2322
[X] Examine All
[X] Use Light Armor (Equip), Boots (Equip)

Light Armor: Albeit being out of material you have no idea of and slightly outdated, it can still protect you.
Boots: Made out of reliable leather (of some animal, you don't know).
Pouch: Your trusty sack. It contains the necessities (or so you believe to be) such as:
10,000 Yen: It's the currency of Gensokyo, both above and below ground. You're good enough to keep it all organized.
Satori's Letter: You already read this, although it might be something to keep, as it's by the Queen herself.
Bread (fresh): It's not fresh out of the oven, but it is still delicious yet.

* Light Armor and Boots have been equipped.

--

>[X] Yes, I do. Knock on the door and hope that this "Rin" will answer.

You assume that respect might be something that this household upholds as a valuable virtue, so you decide to knock the door once, twice, thrice. A red-haired lady (strangely, with cat ears protruding out of her head) opens the door and looks at me funny. Her dark green dress seems out of shape, but her face grabs your attention more.

"So, you're the person that the master wants to talk to, huh? Well, come inside. I'll take you right to her." She walks you through the hallway of the palace. The place, despite being closed off from most sides, is bright in the inside. It's so bright, it's hard to get used to the pink glow of the windows than the yellow glimmers of the lights outside. You'd think it's peculiar that this lady called the queen "master" so there's no question about that relationship.

In the midst of all the walking, it seemed awkward not to ask an important question. "I don't think you did tell me your name yet." The lady blushed a little, knowing her mistake, and told me, "It's Rin. Rin Kaenbyou. Ah, we're here." We arrived in the Dining Room with a table that was elegant, but not too fancy to have a very long length or special seats. Sitting on the other side of the table was another lady, pink-haired with a heart hairband and a formal yet undaunting dress. The feature you instantly notice is the eye connected to her hairband.

"So, you've received my letter. Thank you for coming over and keeping me company. My name is Queen Satori Komeiji." She said. Rin commented, "He's an observant person, Satori, but I still think he's a bit... shallow." It's not like you could object to that... yet.

"Anyways, before I tell you the reason that I've called you up for, do you have anything to inquire?" Satori questioned.

[ ] "Why are you the queen?"
[ ] "You know, Rin is actually pretty cute."
[ ] "What's so important about me coming here anyways?"

Inventory:
Light Armor (equipped)
Boots (equipped)
Pouch
- 10,000 Yen
- Satori's Letter
- Bread (fresh)

Inventory Actions:
[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
[ ] Give ________ to (Satori, Rin)
>> No. 2323
[X] Yes, I do. Knock on the door and hope that this "Rin" will answer.
>> No. 2324
Curse my late posting.

[X] "Why have I been selected for an audience with the queen?"
>> No. 2325
[x] "Why are you the queen?"
[x]"I didn't vote for you, you know."
>> No. 2328
[x] "What's so important about me coming here anyways?"
>> No. 2329
[x] "Why are you the queen?"
[x]"I didn't vote for you, you know."
>> No. 2330
[ ] "What's so important about me coming here anyways?"
>> No. 2331
>>2325
I wouldn't mind being repressed by Satori, if you know what I mean.

[X] "Why have I been selected for an audience with the queen?"
>> No. 2333
[X] "You know, Rin is actually pretty cute."
>> No. 2336
Just a random thought: so is this protagonist a Random Oni A, Random Human B, Random Youkai C, Random "Visitor" D, or Random Outsider E? Taking any bets, folks?

Oh, and one more: maybe the readership ought to try and make this a Parsee route adventure? Even though it's still way early in the story, this protagonist in particular seems well suited for a Jealousy-Tsundere youkai to help "motivate" him along. Hey, just a thought is all, considering all the CYOAs in /underground/ run the full gamut of all the other /underground/ gals. I remember Satori had a pretty huge story in /th/ a while back too. Shame that writefag ain't writin' no more.

Parsee? Well, she has yet to be the main party member / love interest in any of the adventures I am aware of.

No pressure. Just thinking outside the box. That is all.
>> No. 2337
[x] "Why are you the queen?"
[x]"I didn't vote for you, you know."
>> No. 2338
[x] "You know, Rin is actually pretty cute."
>> No. 2339
[x] "What's so important about me coming here anyways?"
>> No. 2341
[0] "What's so important about me coming here anyways?"
>> No. 2342
>>2336

Is it IPF by Hungry Youkai? Well I do have sources that say that he's reworking some of it due to a mess up.

That and he updated "A Fairy Maid" a few times in /sdm/

Let's see if we run into Parsee or not, since for all we know it's a earth place centered story.

That and see how she is, since that's what raises interest.

Though isn't that a bit narrow always having Parsee as a tsundere (it's bad enough that the whole archetype is overrated in addition to that label being slapped on Alice by causal fans)

but in short let's wait and see how she is in this.
>> No. 2344
[X] "What's so important about me coming here anyways?" / "Why have I been selected for an audience with the queen?"

Before you ask the question, Satori and you are served with Earl Grey tea, then Rin goes elsewhere for an errand that Satori sent her to do.

"Straight to the point, are we today?" Satori remarked. "Well, I wanted to tell you that there have been rumors of an external group that is discussing a plan to usurp Utsuho, one of my pets, who controls the power of nuclear fusion."

A moment after Satori finished speaking, Rin dragged in a long black-haired girl with crow wings and a weird... thing on her right arm. "Well, of course it's weird, even to people who live in the city." Satori reminded me. Knowing that she just read my mind wasn't a very good thought indeed.

"Don't worry, Okuu! This guy isn't terrible or anything." Rin assured her. "No, Orin, I don't want to meet this person, I'm tired today!" Utsuho complained. Orin responded, "Well, too bad! Well, here she is, this is Utsuho Reiuji. Now, say hello."

Defiant to say hello to you, she does so anyways. "Hello, what's-your-name. There, I'm done, Orin. Can I go now?" "Yeah, yeah, the guy just has to get the point." Orin answered. "Now, get along and don't tr-" Bam. "Ow!" Utsuho uttered after faceplanting the ground. She's... not very mature, is she? "She's still my pet and my friend. It's not like anyone else besides those two want to talk to me." Satori asserted unfortunately.

Satori summarized, "That's the situation we have right now: we have someone or some group that wants to take the power of Utsuho into their own hands. Do you understand?"

"Yep, I understand. One thing I need to ask, why me?" Satori answered, "Well, you were the last person that was not informed of this as of current." Geez, that must suck to be me. "I heard that."

Orin escorts you back outside the purple luminance of the Palace of Earth Spirits, into the radiance of the yellow lights of the Underground City once again.

Did it feel like time flew? Did time really pass? It doesn't feel like it did. The only fact you know right now is, you don't feel tired and that tea didn't do much.

What do you want to do?
[ ] That chat was so boring. I should grab a drink at the bar.
[ ] Maybe some shopping will make me feel invigorated.
[ ] Let's see if there's anything interesting at the gate leading outside.
[ ] So tired. Just walk home and take a rest already.

Inventory:
Light Armor (equipped)
Boots (equipped)
Pouch
- 10,000 Yen
- Satori's Letter
- Bread (fresh)

Inventory Actions:
[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 2345
[x] Let's see if there's anything interesting at the gate leading outside.
>> No. 2347
[x] Use bread (fresh)
[x] Let's see if there's anything interesting at the gate leading outside.
>> No. 2351
[x] Let's see if there's anything interesting at the gate leading outside.
>Earl Grey tea
Ahahaha.
>> No. 2352
[x] Let's see if there's anything interesting at the gate leading outside.
>> No. 2359
>Defiant to say hello to you, she does so anyways. "Hello, what's-your-name. There, I'm done, Orin. Can I go now?" "Yeah, yeah, the guy just has to get the point." Orin answered. "Now, get along and don't tr-" Bam. "Ow!" Utsuho uttered after faceplanting the ground. She's... not very mature, is she? "She's still my pet and my friend. It's not like anyone else besides those two want to talk to me." Satori asserted unfortunately.
Am I the only one confused at this paragraph? Clusterfuck.
It could use some spaces and all that.
>> No. 2361
>>2359

Yeah, that reminds me of something I wanted to say.

Choja, buddy, your writing isn't bad, but you need to format dialogue properly. Each time a different character speaks you need to start a new paragraph for them.
>> No. 2363
[x] Let's see if there's anything interesting at the gate leading outside.
>> No. 2364
>>2359
>>2361
I'm sorry about that. "Systematic" writing has conditioned me into inching away from starting a new paragraph for a new speaker.

I'll be sure to make note of that.

In other news, right now, I'm in no position to make an update.
>> No. 2368
File 125511037258.jpg - (638.88KB, 1987x1396, 123424745197.jpg) [iqdb]
2368
>>2364
>In other news, right now, I'm in no position to make an update.
>> No. 2371
>>2368 Good news, it’s an update…atory!

--

[X] Let's see if there's anything interesting at the gate leading outside.

If everything in the city isn’t going to do something spectacular, you might as well look outside the box. The box is very large, but it’s not far to get to the gate.

It’s free passage in and out of the Underground City, mainly because Satori has had it like that for the past… forever. You would think that she’d be more worried, with the news she told you about a period of time ago. You arrive at the gate and notice that it’s never guarded; are the people here really supposed to stay here or is it just the prejudice of the surface keeping us away from them?

After the gate, you arrive at the city’s end of the bridge. A young adult girl with blonde hair leans on one of the posts holding the bridge taut, with a feature you’d never seen before: her ears aren’t like everyone else’s, they’re actually pointed at the end.

“A new face, huh?” She greeted me. I found it bizarre that she’d think I was a new person if she always stood here, guarding the bridge.

You responded, “Why’d you call me new if I came from the city anyways?”

“You don’t remember everyone who comes and goes, and the people inside the city won’t decide to visit the bridge once they’re across it.” She remarked with a snirk. It was not very friendly to admit, but it was true, in the sense you could piece together.

Her snirk turned into a small pout as a question floated towards you.

“So, why are you here?” She inquired.

[ ] “Do you ever get bored of this job?”
[ ] Grab her hand and pull her towards you.
[ ] “Actually, no reason at all.”

Inventory:
Light Armor (equipped)
Boots (equipped)
Pouch
- 10,000 Yen
- Satori's Letter
- Bread (fresh)

Inventory Actions:
[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
[ ] Give ________ to (Parsee)
>> No. 2372
[x] Working hard makes hungry. Share your bread with her.
[x] Chat
-{x} “Do you ever get bored of this job?”
>> No. 2373
[X] Grab her hand and pull her towards you.
[X] "Sorry to intrude, Miss; I wanted a closer look at your ears. Are those real? How strange, but that reminds me, a word of wisdom: people are the strangest creatures of all. They are so strange, in fact, they need things like words and bridges to understand each other. So, if they won't come to the bridge, why not take the bridge to them? Being a meddling bridge sure beats being a boring bridge, or something like that, I think."

Take it as you will.
>> No. 2374
[x] Because I wanted to see if anything interesting was here.
[x] “Do you ever get bored of this job? It must be a pain to get stuck here.”
>> No. 2375
[X] "There's no reason I'm here."

Well, other than our SEEEEEEEEECRET MISSION but that goes without saying. Literally.

Now that we've advanced here and checked this place out, we should probably unvance and check another place out.
>> No. 2376
[x] Because I wanted to see if anything interesting was here.
[x] “Do you ever get bored of this job? It must be a pain to get stuck here.”
>> No. 2377
[x] Because I wanted to see if anything interesting was here.
[x] “Do you ever get bored of this job? It must be a pain to get stuck here.”
>> No. 2378
File 125512435352.jpg - (329.96KB, 600x600, parsee_yuugi_earbite.jpg) [iqdb]
2378
[x] Because I wanted to see if anything interesting was here.
[x] “Do you ever get bored of this job? It must be a pain to get stuck here.”
Oh, she's probably thought of something to pass the time.
>> No. 2379
[X] Because I wanted to see if anything interesting was here.
[X] "... and I see that there is. Nice to meet you, Miss."
[X] “Do you ever get bored of this job? It must be a pain to get stuck here.”

Parsee~
>> No. 2380
[X] “Do you ever get bored of this job?”

I don't know why, but this sounds more like a distraction to steal something. :P
>> No. 2381
[0] Because I wanted to see if anything interesting was here.
[1] “Do you ever get bored of this job? It must be a pain to get stuck here.”
>> No. 2383
[x] Because I wanted to see if anything interesting was here.

"Really? I would think that no one could get bored in the city." The girl said.

>[x] “Do you ever get bored of this job? It must be a pain to get stuck here.”

"To say the least, you could say I sometimes do. While everyone parties inside, I'm stuck outside with guard duty. Well, my friend Yuugi goes out here and visits me, with some sake for drinks. We sit out here, staring at the bridge in front of us and the tunnels beyond it. She's a good friend, but she's usually busy."

"You really do sound a bit... lonely." You comment. "I'd love it if you'd told me your name."

She answers. "Oh, that? Parsee. Parsee Mizuhashi." Sitting down on the ground near the bridge, she reminices, "Once, it'd be hard to believe, but a shrine maiden and a witch actually came around here. The Underground City we have is a place not meant for humans, but those two? Their powers were particularly... different. For just being human, they're powerful."

Humans with more power than most of the people where you live? It's something to ponder.

Parsee continues. "It's power that I would enjoy having, envious of what they can do with it, but if I did gain the ability to possess it, the city would just make me work harder because I have it. Even if it's sometimes boring out here, the random things that happen out here is enough to keep me entertained, although..."

You interrupt. "You're still alone? I can be your friend, then. It's not like I have anywhere else to go."

"Heh, that's right. If you don't mind," Parsee paused and hands you a sword. "if you do have somewhere to go later on, then you're going to need this to protect yourself."

You obtain a swo- "...It's broken in half." Not to complain, it's still a weapon you can use. You equip the Broken Sword.

"It's the mistake of a fool. The person passed away before I got to them, so there was nothing I could do. Rin went over and got the corpse and I was left with whatever was left behind." Parsee pouted a bit. "I don't get why some humans would even attempt to traverse the underground if they knew they couldn't make it. I'm jealous of their courage, yes, but their pride got to them.".

"That's very interesting, Parsee. It's been nice meeting you." You get ready to leave, but Parsee reminds you of one more thing.

"If you're wondering, Satori has already told me the information about the foreign group. I'm not one to believe it, but rumors always have at least one fact attached to it and the fact here is that Utsuho's power is not something that we would want an intruder to have. There would be no other reason why you came out here to check, right?"

She's got you there. You still manage a lie, since this isn't Satori you're talking to. "Well, I still think today was a success, particularly since I did find something interesting: you."

Parsee starts to pout, but slowly smirks. "That's a terrible lie. I hope I'll never be as bad as you with jokes!"

You walk back to the gate, go through the gate, and come back to the center of the city.

[ ] The air out there was a bit humid. Get a drink at the bar. Can't do this right now.
[ ] Let's go shopping, it's errands to be done. Can't do this right now.
[ ] Time to head back home.

Inventory:
Broken Sword (equipped)
Light Armor (equipped)
Boots (equipped)
Pouch
- 10,000 Yen
- Satori's Letter
- Bread (fresh)

Inventory Actions:
[ ] Examine ________ Can't do this right now.
[ ] Use ________ Can't do this right now.
>> No. 2385
[X] Time to head back home.

You're back at home. Your house doesn't look different, but your state of mind does.

You close the shades, get back on the bed, and decide to sleep off your fatigue and regain your energy.

--








*Status:
Your perception has increased, but you still have a lot to learn and discover.



*Relationships:
Rin Kaenbyou:
A cat lady with an air of elegance, yet won't hesitate to tell you what's wrong with what you're doing. Pet of Satori Komeiji.

Queen Satori Komeiji:
The queen of the city. It doesn't look like she does much, but she knows from the minds of the public what is going on around and outside her domain.

Utsuho Reiuji:
The bird girl that complains a lot. Pet of Satori Komeiji. She never wants to stand still much, but that weird thing on her arm... So strange.

Parsee Mizuhashi:
The pointy-eared girl watching the bridge. She gets jealous of people, but sometimes finds a way to refute them with the concenquences of having those luxuries.

Yuugi ???:
Apparently, Parsee's friend.

??? ???:
---


???:
---


*Inventory:
Broken Sword (equipped)
Light Armor (equipped)
Boots (equipped)
Pouch
- 10,000 Yen
- Satori's Letter
- Bread (fresh -1)
>> No. 2386
Interesting so far, though as far as your Parsee goes I'll need more time before make a judgement, but at least she doesn't seem terribly cliched so far.

Question, how does the sword break off? Does it break off to a point?
>> No. 2387
The sword ain't completely useless depending on how and where it was broken, and its make. Might as well take it to a blacksmith and see if it's salvageable, though an Oni blacksmith will probably laugh at the protagonist. Swords are for puny humans! Oni use big strong kaenbo, tetsubou, war clubs, axes, etc., but a freaking sword? What a hoot! ...or so the thought goes.

As for Parsee, I'd like it if she was a bit more neurotic. Time will tell I guess.
>> No. 2388
>>2387

Well a normal sword is a good reliable balanced weapon, and I suspect our lead is a mere human, otherwise Parsee wouldn't have bothered giving him a weapon. (A typical oni doesn't need a weapon to deal with most things, that and in the underground, they're the fiercest thing you can run into that isn't named in a Touhou game)
>> No. 2393
>>2388

Well, the sword is a literal metaphor for human hubris, and the author has yet to confirm or deny what the protagonist is to my knowledge. Who's to know (except for the author) there is not something crazy out there in the underground that would be a match for an oni? The probability, though, is likely, if the BBEGs think they're hot enough stuff to get a hold of Okuu's power.

That all said, the same ambiguity applies to the sword too. Maybe Parsee gave it to the protagonist to be used as a weapon. Maybe she only gave it to serve as a tangible reminder of the dangers in the underground beyond the subterranean city. Maybe there is an even deeper meaning or nothing at all.

Bottom line, it's probably a good idea to visit the Smithy in the morrow to gear up for whatever may come. It might be even worth the protagonist's time to stop by a Dojo to see how proficient of a fighter he is, if things do get ugly. The local ought to be able to ascertain how rusty or incompetent he is.

On the topic of weapons real quick, I do agree that swords are in most part balanced weapons, but with that said, there's nothing they really excel at either. Axes and clubs in generally have way more killing power, even against armored or large foes, at the expense of a steep learning curve and a strength requirement. They are also cheaper to manufacture. Spears are easy to pick up and learn, cheap to replace, offer superior reach, but take a long time to truly master all the ins and outs. Polearms find the happy middle ground between spears and axes, but they're big and you might need some cross training to fully bring out their potential.

Of course, these are just generalizations. We'll see what the Smithy has to offer when we get there. Maybe. Maybe not.

That is all.
>> No. 2394
>>2393

I don't think he was aiming for anything fancy, just as sometimes a cigar is just a cigar (I believe Freud said this himself), sometimes a sword is just a sword.

And I doubt he'd get that fancy with things.

But on a side note, I'm tempted to say going for a Parsee route since that hasn't been done, and it'll get the Parsee fans to stop interfering in Grue's story.

But I wonder how Yuugi, Yamame and Kisume will be.
>> No. 2396
File 125514201513.jpg - (137.90KB, 704x691, RS2pic.jpg) [iqdb]
2396
Not every arrow flies straight.

You wake up and get dressed. Everything you've seen a while ago was anything but normal, so you may need to just relax now.

You go over and examine the sword, a rusted sword with the top of the half you're holding chipped off (not a clean cut, to say). Picking up the sword where you left it, you notice that it seems a little too... familiar.

You have no immediate errands to attend to, but you should do something while you're awake with your energy. The door is slid open and the bright yellow lights have apparently dimmed. At least you weren't instantly blinded this time.


Where should I go right now?

[ ] Go check up the Palace and try to get Satori, Rin, or Utsuho to let you in again.
[ ] Let's head over to the business district and get things done.
[ ] Check out the broken house that you've been living near.
[ ] Take a stroll around the residential district.
[ ] Travel back to the gate and see how Parsee is doing.


NOTE: Due to your increase in perception, your items are now slightly more detailed than before.

*Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Tanned Skin Armor (equipped)
Fur Boots (equipped)
Leather Pouch
- 10,000 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 2 1,000-yen bills, 3 500-yen bills, 10 100-yen coins, 10 10-yen coins)
- Satori's Letter
- Bread (fresh -1)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 2397
[x] Let's head over to the business district and get things done.

Let's see what we could find out about the sword and why it seems so familiar to us. Plot Hook?
>> No. 2398
[ ] Check out the broken house that you've been living near.
>> No. 2399
File 125514379887.jpg - (178.93KB, 379x665, d1816677a18c3fe24750865b4c6734af.jpg) [iqdb]
2399
Well, that's bad. I used "I" instead of "you" in the question asking what to do. This doesn't give anything away other than I used the wrong Point of View, but still, I should watch what I type more.

Anyways, due to the fact that this fork has a lot more roads than the others you've encountered, I'm going to wait until tomorrow to update. Have fun.
>> No. 2400
>>2399
Don't sweat it. It looks like a sudden perspective change so it's fine.

[x] Let's head over to the business district and get things done.
>> No. 2401
File 125515038587.jpg - (969.22KB, 2204x1272, 3761547.jpg) [iqdb]
2401
[x] Check out the broken house that you've been living near.

I think Choja knows who I would prefer we run into. (Though she's probably aboveground...)
>> No. 2407
[x] Let's head over to the business district and get things done.
>> No. 2408
[x] Let's head over to the business district and get things done.
>> No. 2409
[X] Let's head over to the business district and get things done.

You decide it's finally time to check things out on the other side of the city. Even with the lanterns being dimmer than usual, the vibrant signs of the business district can be distinctly identified. A trot amongst the people who are awake and energetic, compared to those who are asleep, even to ignore the sounds of the area.

Everything's alright. Nothing special today. I guess we're going to get things do-

You feel a sudden yet tremendous force on your right shoulder as you topple over and tumble to the side. When your vision clears up, you see a blonde-haired girl with a broomstick running towards the marketplace. You're feeling okay since you haven't lost anything (especially your money) with that accident, but she must be in a hurry. You get up and look behind you, seeing that some others have fallen over from the girl's vigorous charge. It might be interesting, but is it more important than what you came here to do?

You ponder on what to do about the girl that almost ran you over.

[ ] March up to her and demand that she apologize.
[ ] Don't be stupid. Sneak around and see why she's there.
[ ] Ignore her. You were merely in the way and you shouldn't meddle in her private matters.

*Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Tanned Skin Armor (equipped)
Fur Boots (equipped)
Leather Pouch
- 10,000 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 2 1,000-yen bills, 3 500-yen bills, 10 100-yen coins, 10 10-yen coins)
- Satori's Letter
- Bread (fresh -1)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 2410
[x] Don't be stupid. Sneak around and see why she's there.

It shouldn't take too long to check out, then we can resume our regularly scheduled day.
>> No. 2411
[x] March up to her and demand that she apologize.
>> No. 2412
[ ] Don't be stupid. Sneak around and see why she's there.
>> No. 2414
[x] Don't be stupid. Sneak around and see why she's there.

We could have a chance for a potential ally?
>> No. 2415
[x] Don't be stupid. Sneak around and see why she's there.
This will end well
>> No. 2416
I haven't read this yet, so forgive for asking, but, is thsi 'Ragnarok' based on THE Ragnarok? The MMO?
>> No. 2419
>>2416
That is not THE ragnarok.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragnarok

Can't comment about what it's on cause I'm not reading it either; I just felt the need to do something about your ignorance.
>> No. 2420
File 125521334013.jpg - (563.40KB, 681x900, f7680a3a93a50d75956d130dc65e9d6a.jpg) [iqdb]
2420
>>2416
It's not based on the game, it's based on the general idea of the event. It becomes important later on.

>>2419
Right on.
>> No. 2422
[X] Don't be stupid. Sneak around and see why she's there.

That person's looking suspicious, so you blend in and manage to get their conversation. The two are sitting at a table, the girl with the doll and the girl with the broomstick, talking it over with a cup of tea.

"Alice, this wasn't an emergency, was it?"
"Well, Marisa, you did get me some materials I needed to keep going in here. Why can't you deal with this anyways?"
"Because it gets annoying flying back and forth! Just hurry up and say 'I want to leave this place.' already."
"But I don't. I've still got research to do, things to investigate. I'd like to advance my understanding and see if I can achieve what I've been trying to do since... you know, forever!"
"Alright, alright, but one thing: Alice, don't call me on the cell phone unless it's an actual emergency. I know you pay me a part of the sales to do these deliveries to you, but it messes up my daily routine, ze."
"You have a daily routine?"
"Yep! You just don't know it."
"Ugh. Marisa, you're just so... Marisa. Anyways, thanks for getting me the stuff I needed."
"So, see ya, Alice. I hope you decide to come back up there soon enough because it seems like you can't even tell if it's day or night in this place, ze."

Marisa gets up and leaves (not in a charge though, but a stroll) while Alice gets ready to go back and set up shop. Those two are so much stranger than the others you've seen not because they are strange by themselves, but because they were different.

With that little incident over, it looks like you can approach Alice now without getting knocked out by her friend Marisa, although you could just leave it at that and get back to what you were going to do today.

[ ] Talk to Alice and inquire about buying her wares.
[ ] Leave her alone and continue your business in the district.
[ ] It has turned chaotic here due to Marisa's disruption. Go back to the center of the city.

*Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Tanned Skin Armor (equipped)
Fur Boots (equipped)
Leather Pouch
- 10,000 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 2 1,000-yen bills, 3 500-yen bills, 10 100-yen coins, 10 10-yen coins)
- Satori's Letter
- Bread (fresh -1)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 2423
[x] Leave her alone and continue your business in the district.
>> No. 2424
[x] Leave her alone and continue your business in the district.
>> No. 2430
[x] Leave her alone and continue your business in the district.
>> No. 2435
[x] Leave her alone and continue your business in the district.

Leaving the scene is better than confronting Alice since you're still unsure of what you even have.

Despite taking a smack to your side, you're still able to get along with your day. While you trot away from her, something catches your eye. You get down (no, not like that) and pick up an interesting item. It's a Doll Shield card that apparently increases the defenses of the user. You have no idea how that works, but it wouldn't be smart to write lies to yourself about what your tools do.

Even in the business district, there's a lot of stores open (and some that are closed even though you can't tell "time"). We're here for a reason, and that reason is:

[ ] Asking the blacksmith to see what's so special about this sword.
[ ] Heading to the bar and getting a drink. Nothing heals better than one.
[ ] Checking out the inn. It may not be fancy, but you might discover something new.
[ ] Apparently non-existent. Go back to the center of the city.

*Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Tanned Skin Armor (equipped)
Fur Boots (equipped)
Leather Pouch
- 10,000 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 2 1,000-yen bills, 3 500-yen bills, 10 100-yen coins, 10 10-yen coins)
- Satori's Letter
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- Bread (fresh -1)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 2436
[x] Asking the blacksmith to see what's so special about this sword.
>> No. 2438
[X] Examine All
[X] Asking the blacksmith to see what's so special about this sword.

Every time we get something new/changed, we should examine it. It may help us in the long run. Plus it would help to know what we are truly using.
>> No. 2454
[x] Examine Broken Long Sword
[x] Asking the blacksmith to see what's so special about this sword.
>> No. 2457
[X] Asking the blacksmith to see what's so special about this sword.
>> No. 2459
[X] Examine All

Broken Long Sword (equipped): Clearly, you have no idea what kind of sword it's supposed to be. Its top half was chipped off.
Tanned Skin Armor (equipped): An armor of tanned skin. It's protective
Fur Boots (equipped): Boots made of leather and lined with fur. Rough, but the details don't say much.
Leather Pouch: Your trusty sack. It can't carry everything, but it contains the necessities (or so you believe to be) such as:
10,000 Yen: It makes the world go around. You should think of getting more soon.
Satori's Letter: The letter is plain white, but it's not like you shouldn't have noticed that already.
Doll Shield Card: A card with a picture of a doll holding a shield inscribed with details about its properties.
Bread (fresh -1): A bit crusty, but still edible.

>[X] Asking the blacksmith to see what's so special about this sword.

You walk around the marketplace looking for that blacksmith you've heard. This sword does look familiar, but why would you think so? There he is. You ask him if he can appraise this weapon and with confirmation, give it to him.

The blacksmith, with buldging muscles and two horns on his head, examined the sword meticulously. "Well, kid, it's a puny weapon if I say so myself, but the interesting thing is, I have no idea what kind of sword it is! It's not a katana nor is it a kodachi, and it's certainly not a weapon we onis would ever dare use. Not to say that it was in terrible condition before it managed to lose its top half, but it's something I have no idea about. Sorry, kid, that's all I have to say. I hope you find out what it actually is, because to me, it looks like something not even of this world! I can't make it as good as new if I don't know its identity, so you'll have to do with that."

He wasn't a novice at what he does, but he was straight-forward about the fact that this sword wasn't normal. There's no mistake that there is something... eerie about this item. You walk back to the center of the city since for now, you had no more business in the district.

You're slightly tired, but you can still explore the city for discoveries yet unknown.

[ ] Get to the palace and convince one of the residents to let you inside.
[ ] Revisit the business district to see if anything else was left unchecked.
[ ] Investigate the broken house.
[ ] Walk around the residential district.
[ ] Go to the gate and see what Parsee's been doing.

*Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Tanned Skin Armor (equipped)
Fur Boots (equipped)
Leather Pouch
- 10,000 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 2 1,000-yen bills, 3 500-yen bills, 10 100-yen coins, 10 10-yen coins)
- Satori's Letter
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- Bread (fresh -1)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 2460
[x] Walk around the residential district.
>> No. 2461
[x] Investigate the broken house.

I wonder if this results in something worth telling Parsee about.
>> No. 2462
[x] Walk around the residential district.
>> No. 2469
[X] Go to the gate and see what Parsee's been doing.

Pestering for the sake of pestering. If she giveth a sword, mayhap she giveth another item of note.
>> No. 2470
[x] Walk around the residential district.
Shopping timez
>> No. 2487
>>2419

Ah, that one. I thought it was based on the mmo because of the inventory and equipment.
>> No. 2519
[X] Walk around the residential district.

What's this district got to do with you, anyways? You've lived here for however long and you don't know if anything interesting would show up. Anything, everything, nothing. It might get all these new incidents off your mind for a while, though.

Gradually, you start to hear a ticking noise. Tick, tick, tick. Sooner and later, clapping joins the mix, synced with the ticking. The clapping becomes the ticking. Clap, clap, clap. Looking around, you don't see anyone clapping, nor can you detect its source. Even if everyone in this city is crazy, you're the one who thinks you yourself is the craziest right now. You keep walking forward, forward, bam!

You tumble backwards. Was that... thin air you ran into? You look in front of you and see a girl with white hair scratching her head, with her hat on the ground. She had a third eye like Satori, yet it was actually closed instead of staring straight at you.

"Hey, watch where you're going." You blurt out. Her head turns toward her and her mouth opens.

No sound.

Suddenly, words start appearing in your vision. "I'm sorry about that." It says.

You turn your head away from her and the words disappear, but when you look at her, they reappear. The girl points at you and moves her finger away from your face, which cause the words to fly out of your sight. You try to touch the words, but your hand seems to pass through them without feeling anything besides the flowing air. She opens her mouth again and no sounds, but more words appear. "Please, don't tell anyone about this."

You tell her, "I'll keep this a secret if you tell me your name so I can remember."

"Koishi Komeiji." appears. "I don't want anyone to know I'm here because," and Koishi points up. "the people here believe I'm still up there." The surface? She's been to the surface?!

"How is it up there?" You ask with curiousity.

The words before disappear and new words come forth. Koishi's face gleams with a smile. "The sky. The flowers. The waterfall. It's all so beautiful!" Her face changes to an expression of worry. "I can't chat much longer. Again, I'm sorry about bumping into you." It wasn't much of a chat, perse, but it gave you new, interesting knowledge. The surface.

"Well, I have one more thing for you." You offer.

[ ] Give her Satori's Letter.
[ ] Hug Koishi.
[ ] Wave her goodbye.

Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Tanned Skin Armor (equipped)
Fur Boots (equipped)
Leather Pouch
- 10,000 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 2 1,000-yen bills, 3 500-yen bills, 10 100-yen coins, 10 10-yen coins)
- Satori's Letter
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- Bread (fresh -1)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 2520
[x] Give her Satori's Letter.

Let's show her we're on nice terms with her sister.
>> No. 2521
File 125539062826.jpg - (358.51KB, 992x851, koishi_katou_haruaki.jpg) [iqdb]
2521
OH GOD YES KOISHI.
[x] Her family name is "Komeiji"? Ask if she's related to Satori.
[x] Hug Koishi.

Lord knows that girl needs a hug.
>> No. 2522
[x] Give her Satori's Letter.
>> No. 2523
[X] Give her Satori's Letter.

Control the Id. There will be a time for it.
>> No. 2524
[X] Hug Koishi.

These are my true feelings!
>> No. 2525
[X] Give her Satori's Letter.
[X] Hug.

Fuck year.
>> No. 2531
X] Give her Satori's Letter.
>> No. 2538
[x] Her family name is "Komeiji"? Ask if she's related to Satori.
[x] Hug Koishi.
>> No. 2541
[x] Her family name is "Komeiji"? Ask if she's related to Satori.
[x] Hug Koishi.
>> No. 2549
File 12554706793.jpg - (421.86KB, 500x730, RS2-7pic.jpg) [iqdb]
2549
[X] Her family name is "Komeiji"? Ask if she's related to Satori.
[X] Give her Satori's Letter.
[X] Hug Koishi.

Koishi and you decide to get up and she grabs her hat, dusts it off, and puts it back on. "Are you Satori's sister?" You first ask Koishi.

"Yes, but don't tell her that I'm down here. She'll find me easily." Right. If you close your eyes, you're the only one that stops seeing; Satori can still know you're there. Keeping a secret from someone who can read minds? "How did you know about her though?" Koishi had an expression of inquiring.

Next, you give Koishi her sister's letter. "You're on good terms with her? That's good to know..." Koishi sighs of relief.

Finally, you go ahead and hug Koishi. She hugs back and when you finish, she has a cheerful gleam. "Well, see you." Before she leaves, she gives you a strange object, then skips away.

Koishi is a strange fellow indeed. She doesn't look like she needs help, but she knows that there is trouble down here and isn't willing to tell the city that she's here to find and resolve it.

That was a tiring talk, especially since the only thing you heard from her were the weirdest sounds. Her giggle hints at the fact that she can't talk not because she lost her ability to, but because everything she tries to say is just incomprehensible to you (and most likely everyone else). You're not all exhausted, though; you could stand to do one more thing if you'd like.

[ ] That's right, I'm still awake. (pick one)
- [ ] The palace.
- [ ] The bar.
- [ ] The inn.
- [ ] The marketplace.
- [ ] The broken house.
- [ ] The gate.
[ ] Actually, I can't stand being up any longer. Let's go to bed.

*Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Tanned Skin Armor (equipped)
Fur Boots (equipped)
Leather Pouch
- 10,000 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 2 1,000-yen bills, 3 500-yen bills, 10 100-yen coins, 10 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [||-]
- Bread (fresh -1)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 2551
[x] That's right, I'm still awake. (pick one)
- [x] The broken house.
>> No. 2552
[x] That's right, I'm still awake. (pick one)
- [x] The gate.
>> No. 2553
[x] That's right, I'm still awake. (pick one)
- [x] The gate.
[x] Examine: Cellphone
>> No. 2554
[x] That's right, I'm still awake. (pick one)
- [x] The gate.
[x] Examine: Cellphone
>> No. 2555
File 125547565673.jpg - (63.85KB, 400x450, sanae_cellphone.jpg) [iqdb]
2555
[x] That's right, I'm still awake. (pick one)
- [x] The gate.
[x] Examine: Cellphone

Wonderin' if someone would like to chat.
>> No. 2556
[X] Examine: Cellphone

Cell Phone: It's apparently a device you open up and talk to other people from far away. However, this thing is only connected to another phone that someone else has. It has 2 bars left.

[X] That's right, I'm still awake. (pick one)
- [X] The gate.

You get over to the gate, the same as always. Parsee is still watching, although she's sitting like when you last met.

"Hey Parsee, anything interesting?" You ask while plopping down and sitting beside her.

Parsee turns to see you and her eyes looked a bit... lazy. "Hey there. You remember that witch I mentioned, Marisa? She came around here earlier, looking for a friend of hers."

You do remember that girl who almost turned you into the pavement. She must be pretty powerful, but she's a bit rude too.

"Why'd you let her in anyways? I remember you saying that they were powerful, but you seem a bit easy talking about them."

"Well, that's because they fixed a major problem for us. We had to, or else we wouldn't be sitting here right now."

"Don't you worry that they could be the intruders that Satori was talking about?"

"Nope. That's because Utsuho was the problem."

"Ah. Well, that's something I should have known, huh?"

"Not like anyone can know everything. You know, are you thinking of exploring the world outside the city? To discover more?"

"Maybe. If I try hard enough, I could get to the surface, you know."

Parsee glared at me for mentioning the surface. "Who told you about the surface?"

"It was just a thought, seriously! Take it easy there."

She eased up. "Sorry about that. I just... don't like people talking about it. We're content here, we shouldn't go any farther if everything is here. Here... here is home."

That's the problem. You don't even know if "here" is your actual home.

"Thanks for the chat, Parsee. I feel a bit better."

"I should be thanking you. You keep me company and you're a bit different than Yuugi, although you can't replace her. Her and I, we have a special relationship. Anyways, see you around then."

You get up and go back inside the city. What to do now?

[ ] Go home and take a rest.

*Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Tanned Skin Armor (equipped)
Fur Boots (equipped)
Leather Pouch
- 10,000 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 2 1,000-yen bills, 3 500-yen bills, 10 100-yen coins, 10 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [||-]
- Bread (fresh -1)

[ ] Examine ________ Not right now.
[ ] Use ________ Not right now.
>> No. 2557
[X] Go home and take a rest.

You arrive home. Your house has a different air to it, but you seem to be content with it.

You close the shades, get back on the bed, and decide to sleep off your fatigue and regain your energy.

--








*Status:
Unfortunately, there have been no changes.



*Relationships:
Rin Kaenbyou:
A cat lady with an air of elegance, yet won't hesitate to tell you what's wrong with what you're doing. Pet of Satori Komeiji.

Queen Satori Komeiji:
The queen of the city. It doesn't look like she does much, but she knows from the minds of the public what is going on around and outside her domain.

*Koishi Komeiji:
Satori's sister. Although she cannot speak, her words still communicate amongst your subconcious. She is a secret person, in the city that still believes she is walking the surface.

Utsuho Reiuji:
The bird girl that complains a lot. Pet of Satori Komeiji. She never wants to stand still much, but that weird thing on her arm... So strange.

Parsee Mizuhashi:
The pointy-eared girl watching the bridge. She gets jealous of people, but sometimes finds a way to refute them with the concenquences of having those luxuries.

Yuugi ???:
Apparently, Parsee's friend.

??? ???:
---

???:
---

*Alice ???:
A puppeteer who is advancing their research in the underground.

*Marisa ???:
One of the humans who resolved an incident in the city a long while ago.


*Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Tanned Skin Armor (equipped)
Fur Boots (equipped)
Leather Pouch
- 10,000 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 2 1,000-yen bills, 3 500-yen bills, 10 100-yen coins, 10 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [||-]
- Bread (fresh -2)

NOTICE: Your bread will go stale the next day.
>> No. 2558
WE MUST REPLENISH OUR BREAD SUPPLY
>> No. 2559
>>2558

Here's a thought: why not ask if Parsee knows how to cook? Shocking but refreshing.
>> No. 2560
>>2558
WE REQUIRE MORE MINERALS BREAD.
>> No. 2561
File 125548999476.jpg - (341.75KB, 1000x1513, RS3pic.jpg) [iqdb]
2561
No one runs from a fight of equal might.

You roll out of bed and get up to get dressed. After you're dressed, you discover that you have yet another letter.

Dear whom it may concern,
I would like to ask if you would like to train with one of my fellow pets. I have not yet determined your potential and if I see it first-hand, it would be easy to figure out what potential you do have, if any. As usual, this is only if you have the time. If in the likelihood you have such a commodity, come to the door of the Palace of Earth Spirit and knock. Rin will inform me of your arrival and I will get you ready to train your skills. Please be respectful and punctual. Thank you for reading this letter.
Sincerely, Queen Satori

Again with the letter with the heart sticker sealing it. Even if it seems like deja vu, it's different. Strangely, however, you feel like you don't have this luxury right now since you have an urgency to go over to the gate.

...if something wasn't disturbing you.

Strange noises are coming from somewhere nearby, but you don't know where. Where should you look?

[ ] Check outside.
[ ] Look around inside the house.
[ ] Ignore it and get over it.

*Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Tanned Skin Armor (equipped)
Fur Boots (equipped)
Leather Pouch
- 10,000 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 2 1,000-yen bills, 3 500-yen bills, 10 100-yen coins, 10 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [||-]
- Bread (fresh -2)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 2563
I forgot to say about this decision:

This is asking which place you want to look *first*. Don't try to jump it with a multi-action.
>> No. 2564
>>2563

[X] Look around inside the house.

Vote modified.
>> No. 2566
[x] Look around inside the house.
>> No. 2583
[X] Look around inside the house.
[X] If nothing, then check outside.
[X] If still nothing, ignore it, eat breakfast, then head to the gate.
[X] Afterword you'll head to the palace.
>> No. 2590
[ ] Look around inside the house.
I'm sure that the source comes form outside, but better safe than etcetera.
>> No. 2591
[X] Look around inside the house.

You're pretty certain it's nothing outside (and you haven't bothered to check your house for around how long?), so you decide to investigate. It takes a little walking around, but you find nothing, so you think it's just your imagination.

Suddenly, you hear a rolling sound and ready your sword. However, you instantly pinpoint the source of the sound.

...Seriously?

It's Koishi again, her hair in a fuzzy mess and her hat beside her. She slowly wakes up, rubs her eyes, and looks at you.

"I'm sorry." The words again. It's like deja vu, just there to tell you that all that stuff a while ago did actually happen. "I've been sleeping in this house for two months now."

"Geez, do you ever pay for anything?" It's like Koishi manages to be an experienced free-loader, yet she acts like a kid.

"Yeah, I do. Those people do need it, but I don't." Koishi smiles.

"How do you pay without them finding out? I wouldn't take a chance at getting things for a ghost."

"That's simple, I just write an order in the name of my sister, then when the order is done, I take the items and leave the money for them."

Are these people just gullible or what? Nonetheless, money is still money.

"Well, I will forgive you if you answer this question harshly, but can I stay a little longer?"

[ ] "Well, sure, it's nothing to worry about. You do pay for yourself anyways."
[ ] "You should work to hold your weight around here then. I don't like lazy people in general."
[ ] "Can't you just stay somewhere else for now? I don't feel good with keeping a secret from your sister in my house."

*Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Tanned Skin Armor (equipped)
Fur Boots (equipped)
Leather Pouch
- 10,000 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 2 1,000-yen bills, 3 500-yen bills, 10 100-yen coins, 10 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [||-]
- Bread (fresh -2)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
[ ] Give ________ to (Koishi)
>> No. 2593
[X] Use Bread
--> [X] Take a bite, if it's still good, offer some to Koishi. It's the polite thing to do.
[X] "Well, sure, it's nothing to worry about. You do pay for yourself anyways."
>> No. 2596
[x] "Well, sure, it's nothing to worry about. You do pay for yourself anyways."
[x] Use Bread
-[x] Share some with Koishi, but apologize if it's not to her liking.
>> No. 2604
[x] "Well, sure, it's nothing to worry about. You do pay for yourself anyways."
[x] Use Bread
-[x] Share some with Koishi, but apologize if it's not to her liking.
>> No. 2607
[x] "Well, sure, it's nothing to worry about. You do pay for yourself anyways."
[x] Use Bread
-[x] Share some with Koishi, but apologize if it's not to her liking.
>> No. 2608
File 125558373075.jpg - (72.06KB, 400x568, 4fa8.jpg) [iqdb]
2608
[x] "Well, sure, it's nothing to worry about. You do pay for yourself anyways."
[x] Use Bread
-[x] Share some with Koishi, but apologize if it's not to her liking.
>> No. 2624
[X] Use Bread
-[X] Share some with Koishi, but apologize if it's not to her liking.

You take a bite out of the bread you procure from your pouch. You then offer Koishi some of the bread (after chewing, of course, would you really talk with your mouth full?). She accepts your offer and takes it, then breaks off a piece and eats it.

"It's a bit... crunchy. However, we shouldn't be picky about what we get."

She smiles and thanks you for the bread.

You still have half of it left, however.

[X] "Well, sure, it's nothing to worry about. You do pay for yourself anyways."

"Your modesty really is particular. Well, thank you for letting me stay here."

You just wish that she'd actually start talking for once.

Koishi laid down and went back to sleep. Even with that done, you wonder if she actually was the one making those noises. She's such a penny-pincher, you wonder why she does it if her sister has so much wealth. Needless of that, you can't really go to the palace yet since you still have to go to the gate.

Anyways, you walk over to the gate and see Parsee and... someone else.

"Hey there!" Parsee shouts. "Yuugi, this is my friend. And," she guides your attention to her friend. "this is Yuugi."

"So you're the new guy, huh? You look pretty scrawny." Yuugi is a woman with long blonde hair and a red horn with a star from her forehead. An oni, you would guess.

You sit down with Parsee and Yuugi. Parsee and Yuugi chat about the time past by. You feel a little... left out. You should do something.

[ ] Place your hand on Parsee's hand.
[ ] Ask Yuugi to spar with you to prepare for the training tomorrow.
[ ] Do nothing at all.

*Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Tanned Skin Armor (equipped)
Fur Boots (equipped)
Leather Pouch
- 10,000 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 2 1,000-yen bills, 3 500-yen bills, 10 100-yen coins, 10 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [||-]
- Half Loaf of Bread (fresh -1)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
[ ] Give ________ to (Parsee, Yuugi)
>> No. 2626
Did I just use a reference of time without actually noticing it? Yes, yes I did!

OTL
>> No. 2628
[x] Place your hand on Parsee's hand.

I suspect Parsee in this will be hard to pursue for the sheer fact she might be taken already.
>> No. 2629
File 125564933919.jpg - (104.56KB, 800x1200, yuugi_32.jpg) [iqdb]
2629
[x] Ask Yuugi to spar with you to prepare for the training tomorrow.
Something's goin' down. We'd best be prepared for it.
>> No. 2630
[X] Place your hand on Parsee's hand.

I wanna rock ze boat for Twosome-Threesome time.
>> No. 2631
[X] Place your hand on Parsee's hand.
We need DRAMA
>> No. 2632
[x] Place your hand on Parsee's hand.
>> No. 2637
[X] Place your hand on Parsee's hand.

You place your hand on Parsee's hand. Her hand instinctively grabs yours. It takes Yuugi a few moments to find out that Parsee is blushing and you're in an awkward position right now.

"Uh, Parsee, you do know what you're doing, right?" Yuugi picks at the current problem of you holding hands with her.

"Yeah!" Parsee lets go and gets up towards Yuugi. "I knew what I was doing!" She sat back down and turned her head towards me. "Sorry, I just... you know, you're not Yuugi, but you're still a nice friend."

"Well, that's not a bad thing, really, I just had to ask you if you were pretty sure." Yuugi told Parsee. She then looked at me. "Not like you could touch his hair or anything since it's practically on fire."

Wait, what? "My hair's what?!"

"You never noticed? You're pretty dense, you know. Your hair apparently flares up into wisps and disappear, yet you manage not to lose any of it."

It's like you're some kind of strange person thing. Or something.

Yuugi continued. "Nonetheless, if you're a friend of Parsee's, you're a friend of mine then!" She puts her arm around you. Oof! "Just don't act stupid around either of us and we'll stay friends, alright?"

"Right..." You said. "Now... uhh, can you let go of me? I can't really... breathe. and such." Yuugi laughs heartily and takes her grip off you.

"Anyways, Parsee, your friend is very interesting! It's not hard to understand why you two are buddies. Well, see you around then."

Parsee blushed once more. "Thanks for being here. Good to know you're on good terms with Yuugi."

"Hey, dude! I have something to give you, just to show that we're best bros now." Yuugi hands you a bottle of sake.

You obtain a bottle of sake. You don't really give a damn how old you are, you can still drink it.

You wave goodbye to the two and arrive back at the tiles and the lanterns of the center of the city. You're starting to believe that there was no other home than the home you are in right now. Nothing can change that. You could stay here forever.

Now, where shall you go next?

[ ] The bar.
[ ] The marketplace.
[ ] Back home.
[ ] Call on the cell phone.

*Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Tanned Skin Armor (equipped)
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle of Sake (unopened)
Leather Pouch
- 10,000 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 2 1,000-yen bills, 3 500-yen bills, 10 100-yen coins, 10 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [||-]
- Half Loaf of Bread (fresh -1)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 2638
[x] The marketplace.
[x] Use the cell phone on the way (just to see if we can reach Koishi)
[x] Eat the bread, better than it going stale, and some food never hurts.
>> No. 2640
[X] The marketplace.

Spontaneously combustible hair? Gonna need a good hairstylist and some awesome hair gel for that.

But yeah, gotta go fill up the pantry. Moe imouto's and Troll Bridge's just don't feed themselves.
>> No. 2641
His hair is on fire?

[x] The marketplace - Yeah, like J said.
[x] Use the cell phone on the way (just to see if we can reach Koishi) - Those hugs won't give themselves. Err or something.
[x] Eat the bread, better than it going stale, and some food never hurts. - No anemia end for our MC it seems.
>> No. 2643
File 125566288632.jpg - (482.37KB, 966x900, b6d9.jpg) [iqdb]
2643
[x] The marketplace.
[x] Use the cell phone on the way (just to see if we can reach Koishi)
[x] Eat the bread, better than it going stale, and some food never hurts.
Koishi hugs should count as currency.
>> No. 2644
[x] The bar.

We might get to meet somebody interesting, or somebody drunk, but at least it's someone. >_>
>> No. 2677
[x] Use the cell phone on the way (just to see if we can reach Koishi)
[x] Eat the bread, better than it going stale, and some food never hurts.

You pop open the cell phone and press call. ...ring ring ring. Nothing happens. Koishi must be still asleep then.

You decide to munch down on the bread then. Koishi was right, this thing is pretty crunchy... not in a really good way.

Nothing is left of the bread except for a few crumbs. Alas, poor bread.

[x] The marketplace.

You're at the marketplace again. The signs, the lanterns, it's always so bright. However, it's the only way they do get people to visit them, really.

A lot of people walk around in these parts. Things bought, things sold, the trading of money for items. Some things do change here, but it's not something you would actually take as the change you'd like to see.

Upon further examination, you manage to find that Alice is back again, selling dolls. Rin is also here, strangely, walking around, most likely patrolling.

It's not like there's anything much to do here besides buy buy buy, sell sell sell, etc etc etc, so you get along with it.

[ ] Purchase some items:
- [ ] Bento Boxes (400 yen per) x __
- [ ] Bread (200 yen per) x __
- [ ] Canned Tea (150 yen per) x __
[ ] Talk to Alice and buy some of her dolls
- [ ] Doll (1,500 yen per) x __
[ ] Ask Rin why she's here.

*Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Tanned Skin Armor (equipped)
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle of Sake (unopened)
Leather Pouch
- 10,000 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 2 1,000-yen bills, 3 500-yen bills, 10 100-yen coins, 10 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [||-]
>> No. 2678
[x] Ask Rin why she's here.
[x] Purchase some items:
- [x] Bento Boxes (400 yen per) x 2
- [x] Canned Tea (150 yen per) x 2
[x] Talk to Alice and buy some of her dolls
- [x] Ask about the spell card you found (Doll Shield)
- [x] If she lets you keep it and it works with her dolls, buy 2 Dolls (1,500 yen per)
>> No. 2679
>>2678
Doll Mastery? Fuck yeah I'm in.
>> No. 2680
>>2678

I might have been more frugal, considering the Bento are probably only good for a day or two tops, but Doll tech? Sure. Count me in too.

...Really need to look into a regular paying side-job, if you're going to eat takeout as the norm. Moe Imouto's and Troll Bridge's ain't cheap to woo.
>> No. 2686
[X] Purchase some items:
- [X] Bento Boxes (400 yen per) x 2
- [X] Canned Tea (150 yen per) x 2

Total: 1100 yen. (1 500-yen bill, 6 100-yen bills)

Done. You get a paper bag to hold them in.

[X] Talk to Alice and buy some of her dolls

You approach Alice and wave hello to her.

"Hello there! May I ask what your name is?" Blurting out Alice's name will instantly indicate you were eavesdropping a while ago.

"Alice, Alice Margatroid. Why would you ask anyways?"

"I'd like to know the name of the merchant that sells these interesting wares."

"Oh, these dolls? Well, they're nothing special, to be honest. Do you have any questions then?"

"I have something I'd like for you to examine, if you will."

- [X] Ask about the spell card you found (Doll Shield)

"Oh, wow! ...Hmmm. I was sure I dropped one of these and you managed to find it. Thank you for notifying me of it, but for your patronage, I'll let you keep it."

"Thanks. If you're going to let me keep it... can't you tell me how it works?"

"It's easy. I don't have to explain any further than that you use it for defense, do I?"

"Emphasizing would be nice."

"Okay okay. It activates a mechanism in active dolls to deploy an energy shield that will defend you from attacks. Is that much better?"

"Does that mean I have to buy your dolls?

- [X] If she lets you keep it and it works with her dolls, buy 2 Dolls (1,500 yen per)

"Yes. I'm the only one that usually uses the card, so I don't worry about that. You, however, do."

"I might as well buy some then. How about two?"

"Works for me. Anything that makes profit is worth doing."

Total: 3,000 yen. (2 1,000-yen bills, 2 500-yen bills)

Done. You place the dolls in the paper bag. It's getting heavy.

"Thanks for the stuff!"

"You're welcome."

While walking away from Alice, you manage to run into Rin and drop everything. You start picking everything up while Rin helps.

[X] Ask Rin why she's here.

"Ouch! It's you again."

"Yep, it is. Thanks for helping me get everything back in order."

"No problem."

"I'd like to ask, why are you out here anyways, Rin? Aren't you supposed to be in the palace?"

"That's what everyone believes. I come out here to look around and explore." Explore? In the city that never changes?

"Why would you explore if you knew where everything is?"

"That's the problem, I don't!"

"So you just walk around because you can?"

"That's it. No second-guessing. Some people watch the door to the palace just to see if anyone comes out, yet we have our ways to getting outside without them noticing."

"That should mean I shouldn't have seen you today, right?"

"Not really, since you do have that training when you get to it. See you later!"

"See you."

Everyone seems to want to talk to you today. It's always talking.

*Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Tanned Skin Armor (equipped)
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle of Sake (unopened)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [||-]
Paper Bag
- Bento Box (x 2)
- Canned Tea (x 2)
- Doll (x 2)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 2687
File 125575686294.jpg - (590.58KB, 708x1000, RS3-7pic.jpg) [iqdb]
2687
You head to the center of the city and pop open the cell phone again. Calling calling. Koishi, aren't you going to pick up?

Surprisingly, the phone sounds like the person on the other line picks up. "He-

--

You get up again and pick up the contents you dropped again. You wonder how everything seems to not break open or anything.

A girl with a short skirt and black wings sprouting from her back stands in front of you with her geta being higher than usual. She holds the cell phone that you were trying to call.

"I must say, that landing was terrible!" She remarks.

"Look who's talking. Well, apologize and tell me what your name is and maybe I'll forgive you."

"I can't disagree with the subject of the matter, really. Aya Shameimaru, ace reporter!" This girl is particularly getting on your nerves faster than anyone else you've encountered.

"So you're the person that has the other phone, huh?"

"Yep! I was thinking that Reimu was calling, but apparently it was in the underground which she swore she'd never visit again because it's damp and filled with annoying people." How does this Reimu put up with you then, seriously?

I scoffed. "Not like I have any business with you. I'm going ho-"

"Wait!" Aya grabbed me on the shoulder. "Don't you get away from me! I'm going to stay around here, so I'd like to know some context. Just give me one tidbit of information and I'll let you go."

[ ] Tell Aya about the situation threatening the city.
[ ] Tell Aya about Marisa and Alice.
[ ] Tell Aya about Koishi.
[ ] Don't tell Aya anything and just go home.

*Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Tanned Skin Armor (equipped)
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle of Sake (unopened)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|--]
Paper Bag
- Bento Box (x 2)
- Canned Tea (x 2)
- Doll (x 2)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
[ ] Give ________ to (Aya)
>> No. 2690
[X] Tell Aya: it's an underground city. What else is there to know? I'm sure the surface has it's fair share of annoying people too. And no. We're perfectly dry, thank you.

Trying not to spill the beans to ultra gossip Shameimaru. If someone can do better, go for it.
>> No. 2701
[X] Tell Aya: it's an underground city. What else is there to know? I'm sure the surface has it's fair share of annoying people too. And no. We're perfectly dry, thank you.
>> No. 2702
[X] Tell Aya: "Sounds like she might consider everything annoying. Folks here are unusual but not that bad once you get to know them"
[x] "But before I share more info, I must trust you more than I do now. But for now answer this question, is there any strange groups of people moving around above ground?"

Being kinda nice to Aya since she might be very helpful, while telling her she'd need to earn our trust yet teasing her with a bit of info.

Don't let fanon and moronic fan hate blind youto the fact few in Gensokyo know as much as Aya does about things in the land.
>> No. 2703
Well, I guess you've got a point...

Changing vote.

[X] Tell Aya: "Sounds like she might consider everything annoying. Folks here are unusual but not that bad once you get to know them"
[x] "But before I share more info, I must trust you more than I do now. But for now answer this question, is there any strange groups of people moving around above ground?"
>> No. 2704
[x] Tell Aya: it's an underground city. What else is there to know? I'm sure the surface has it's fair share of annoying people too. And no. We're perfectly dry, thank you.
>> No. 2705
[X] Tell Aya: "Sounds like she might consider everything annoying. Folks here are unusual but not that bad once you get to know them"
[x] "But before I share more info, I must trust you more than I do now. But for now answer this question, is there any strange groups of people moving around above ground?"
We need cash. We need a job. Is Satori going to pay us? If not, could we get a job for Aya as a journalist?
>> No. 2707
It's a tie, but I am going to consider this vote as the winner:

[X] Tell Aya: "Sounds like she might consider everything annoying. Folks here are unusual but not that bad once you get to know them"
[x] "But before I share more info, I must trust you more than I do now. But for now answer this question, is there any strange groups of people moving around above ground?"
>> No. 2708
[X] Tell Aya: "Sounds like she might consider everything annoying. Folks here are unusual but not that bad once you get to know them."

Aya snerked. "I don't know, the people down here are the strangest of the strange. Reimu did tell me that these people were different enough to make her think twice, but she would still go and fix any problems here nonetheless."

"I'm betting it's only when they bother her enough to make her actually go." Aya laughed at my comment.

"Of course. She's too lazy to do anything else. That doesn't explain much, but information is still information."

[X] "But before I share more info, I must trust you more than I do now. But for now answer this question, is there any strange groups of people moving around above ground?"

"Strange groups of people? You're the one that's strange, you know. Why would you ask me that?"

"I asked you first and besides, I already gave you the tidbit you wanted."

She scoffed. "Yes, yes you did. Well, strange groups... hmmm. There was the latest incident, but I doubt they would do anything since they came out of the underground in the first place. The brat in her red mansion is reallocating her maids into groups, but I have no idea what that's for; she told me it was to redesign the mansion for efficient expansion. The Moriya Shrine has connections to here, but they've been busy right now. Lastly, the witch seems to be coming down here, but I have no idea why. Is that what you wanted to know?"

"Yes, I did. By the way, if I need you, I can call you, right?"

"Sure, why not? If you have any more information, I'd love to know it. See ya!" And with a dash, she disappeared.

That girl Aya is bad news, but she has information you'd want, so you should keep in touch with her.

[ ] Go home. It's been a long time since you've taken a nap.

Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Tanned Skin Armor (equipped)
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle of Sake (unopened)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|--]
Paper Bag
- Bento Box (x 2)
- Canned Tea (x 2)
- Doll (x 2)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 2709
[X] Go home. It's been a long time since you've taken a nap.

You arrive home. Your house has a clean smell to it. You hear Koishi rolling around again. How much does she sleep? Or has she not been sleeping at all while you were away?

You place your bento boxes, canned tea, and dolls in the storage.

You close the shades, get back on the bed, and decide to sleep off your fatigue and regain your energy.

--






*Status:
Unfortunately, there have been no changes.



*Relationships:
Rin Kaenbyou:
A cat lady with an air of elegance, yet won't hesitate to tell you what's wrong with what you're doing. Pet of Satori Komeiji.

Queen Satori Komeiji:
The queen of the city. It doesn't look like she does much, but she knows from the minds of the public what is going on around and outside her domain.

Koishi Komeiji:
Satori's sister. Although she cannot speak, her words still communicate amongst your subconcious. She is a secret person, in the city that still believes she is walking the surface.

Utsuho Reiuji:
The bird girl that complains a lot. Pet of Satori Komeiji. She never wants to stand still much, but that weird thing on her arm... So strange.

Parsee Mizuhashi:
The pointy-eared girl watching the bridge. She gets jealous of people, but sometimes finds a way to refute them with the concenquences of having those luxuries.

*Yuugi Hoshiguma:
Parsee's friend. A strong-armed oni with an appetite for alcoholic beverages. She's friendly, but a bit competitive and enjoys a good challenge.

??? ???:
---

???:
---

Alice ???:
A puppeteer who is advancing their research in the underground.

Marisa ???:
One of the humans who resolved an incident in the city a long while ago.

*Aya Shameimaru:
A bird girl that is apparently an ace reporter. She came from the surface to see what's going on here. A good source of information.


*Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Tanned Skin Armor (equipped)
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle of Sake (unopened)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|--]
- Empty Paper Bag

*Home:
Bento Box (x 2)
Canned Tea (x 2)
Doll (x 2)
>> No. 2714
File 125582038818.jpg - (463.46KB, 700x650, f8ac9b2465366fd6e5245898cbd5bbd5.jpg) [iqdb]
2714
So it is. It is an intermission. Girls are preparing, please wait warmly.

*Tip: Characters
Each has strengths and weaknesses. Don't try to analyze more than you have to, the details are usually in front of you.

*Bugfix: 10,000 Yen != 9,600 Yen
I am terrible at math. This has been fixed.

*Author's Opinion: 3rd "Day"
Yes, even in my opinion, it's the most boring day of the story because it's the last one before the exciting stuff happens. Yes, the intro is long, so don't be surprised.

Enjoy your trip through the underground. You will arrive at the next stop soon.
>> No. 2716
File 125582277428.jpg - (1.13MB, 2302x3256, RS4pic.jpg) [iqdb]
2716
In the right hands, knowledge is a serial killer.

You wake up. You wake up. You wake up. It's time for the training since you've got enough energy to break a boulder with. Not like you could, anyways. You should get to what you're going to do now so you're at your full potential.

You grab Satori's Letter and say goodbye to Koishi, then you slide open the door and run over to the front door of the palace.

...

These people you've met. Satori, Koishi, Rin, Utsuho, Parsee, and Yuugi. Residents of the underground.

And yet something wants to interfere, wants to intrude upon their space for themselves.

You could say that the underground city is your real home now. You wonder, however, if this is a fact and not something that your emotions made up to make you feel better. It's not that you did accomplish anything before, but you would think that everything does have a familiar touch to it.

What can you say? You don't remember, that's what you're trying to do.

Things may get clearer if you meet this alleged group, but you should be prepared to fight if they mean harm to the people you've found to be friends.

...

The Palace of Earth Spirits, you've heard, stood with vigiliance, never to crumble in any person's lifetime, with its walls of stone and the architecture made by a master of their craft. It was quite strange that she had actually called for a "time" to meet her. There's no early and no late, but just to meet her if you had "time", which is why you're now at the front door. Nothing did look different, although you seem a bit finicky with "time" right now.

[ ] Knock at the door like you did last time.
[ ] I'm sure Rin remembers me. Open the door without regards for waiting.

*Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Tanned Skin Armor (equipped)
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle of Sake (unopened)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|--]
- Empty Paper Bag

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 2717
[x] Knock at the door like you did last time.

We should try to show the cell phone to someone since they might know how to recharge it, like a kappa.
>> No. 2718
[x] I'm sure Rin remembers me. Open the door without regards for waiting.
>> No. 2720
[x] Knock at the door like you did last time.
>> No. 2725
[x] Knock at the door like you did last time.
>> No. 2739
File 125589564436.jpg - (767.41KB, 950x700, RS4-2pic.jpg) [iqdb]
2739
[X] Knock at the door like you did last time.

Tap, tap, tap. The grand door once again. Rin pops open the door and sees you standing there.

"Hey, it's you again. I guess you're here for the training. It's going to be fun, trust me!"

You don't really think you can see fun in getting smacked around, but nonetheless, you walk forward, inside the Palace of Earth Spirits. The pink glow of the windows you've seen before never seems to stay familiar to you. You're always outside, in the golden glow of the lanterns, you never do know when you can come back to the rough stone archs of the hallway or the lovely scenery that exists nowhere else. You might see this in another light soon enough...

You arrive in the Throne Room with Rin. It's magnificent, but you seem to space out somewhat.

"Good day, sir." Satori announces while sitting in her throne. "Rin, did you dispose of all the corpses you've found today?"

"Yep. Threw them all in the Hell of Blazing Fires, as usual."

"Thank you. Well, here you are. Are you ready to start your training? There's no time to twiddle down, so pick who you would like to train with."

You look around and see that Rin and Utsuho are standing on opposite sides of Satori. Rin looks as keen as ever, but strangely, Utsuho does not have the weird arm thing with her. However, your concern now redirects to the red circle on Utsuho's chest.

"Are you ready to rock?" Rin remarks.

"Don't hold back. We have to know your true power!" Utsuho shouts.

Despite Satori being a mind reader and sorts, you manage to keep Koishi's secret away, although how long can you play the fool?

You put down your pouch and your bottle of sake and decide who you will train with.

[ ] "I will train with Orin."
[ ] "I will train with Okuu."
[ ] "In all honesty, I'd like to train with you!"

Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Tanned Skin Armor (equipped)
Fur Boots (equipped)

Bottle of Sake (unopened)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|--]
- Empty Paper Bag

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 2746
[✠] "I will train with Okuu."
>> No. 2748
[X] "In all honesty, I'd like to train with you!"
Manly choice
>> No. 2769
[x]"In all honesty, I'd like to train with you!"

Since Satori is a stage 4 boss, this should be easier.
>> No. 2779
>>2769

Stage numbers don't tell the whole story, she might be stronger than that.

That and out of the three Orin would be a good start, not too powerful, not too trickly.

But on the flip side, you don't have much that Satori can turn against you.
>> No. 2784
File 125599595813.png - (1.25MB, 1550x1100, 9eda.png) [iqdb]
2784
>[] "In all honesty, I'd like to train with you!"
This sounds like a very good way of giving away the secret of Koishi's presence. Rather not do that.
(Also I recall reading on the TouhouWiki that Satori is the strongest person in the underground, but as I cannot remember the source of this, ignore me.)

In any case,
[x] "I will train with Okuu."
>> No. 2785
>>2784

Hard to say if Satori gets the rest of the underground in order due to her power or due to her mind reading ability.

But thinking on it,

[x] Ask how you could recharge your cell phone.
[x] "I'd like to train with you!"
>> No. 2787
[x] "I will train with Okuu."

We need all the power we can get!
*Note* Kerigis is not responsible for any accidents
>> No. 2790
[x] "I will train with Okuu."

If it's hilarious, why not? I'd like to see a mouse trip an elephant.
>> No. 2791
File 125601411560.jpg - (227.25KB, 700x990, RS4-3pic.jpg) [iqdb]
2791
[X] "I will train with Okuu."

"You're chosen, have you?" Satori announced.

"Alright, but I'll show you who's the kid around here, and it's going to be you!" Utsuho triumphantly yells. Her cocky attitude may be her undoing.

"Well, I'd like to go all out with you, but Master says we shouldn't, mainly because I'd kill you within a heartbeat. Instead, we're just going to go with martial arts." Utsuho's strange weapon on her arm changes to energy which converts into a black gauntlet. "Get ready!" You leave your Broken Long Sword with your pouch and sake.

You go into a stance and run towards Utsuho. She's slow, even with wings. You catch up to her quickly, but notice a sudden air current tunneling near her black gauntlet and evade to the right of Utsuho. The vortex was actually her punch; getting hit by that is going to make you lose instantly, no matter what.

Jumping back, a flurry of miniature suns fly towards you on the retaliation. However, you're powerful enough to plow through the small spray of danmaku. Three punches following a side kick whiz by you. It's more apparent that getting hit by anything that isn't her danmaku will knock you out cold.

There's no telling if she is actually powerful enough to withstand punishment as well as she deals it out, but you can't find out just by dodging her melee attacks and slamming through her bullets.

You're going to make that decision right now, because soon enough, Utsuho has decided to fly straight at you.

[ ] Challenge her power and do the same.
[ ] Roll out of the way and kick her down.
[ ] Prepare a potent grapple and catch her off-guard.

CAUTION: Don't be stupid!


Inventory:
Tanned Skin Armor (equipped)
Fur Boots (equipped)

Broken Long Sword
Bottle of Sake (unopened)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|--]
- Empty Paper Bag

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 2792
[X] Roll out of the way and kick her down.
Kicks are the safe bet. Grapples leave us exposed if we missed them and going toe-to-toe against a Tohou is a suicide.
>> No. 2793
[X] Challenge her power and do the same.
ANSWER ME DOMON!
>> No. 2794
[X] Challenge her power and do the same.

RIP AND TEAR RIP AND TEAR RIP AND TEAR!
>> No. 2798
[x] Roll out of the way and kick her down.

Use her lack of speed to our advantage.

It's foolish to use brute strength against her so soon.

If it was Satori I think we'd be at an advantage raw strength wise.
>> No. 2799
[x] Prepare a potent grapple and catch her off-guard.

Folks, seem to like a hands-on approach, and I'm an MMA kind of guy, so it's sounds like a good excuse as any for an accidental grope of misunderstandings.
>> No. 2801
>>2792

Too bad you and me are the only one with working brains.

inb4 bad end.
>> No. 2803
>CAUTION: Don't be stupid!
>> No. 2804
>>2803

Caution be damned! We're going the awesome/MANLY way!
>> No. 2805
File 125607157856.png - (10.36KB, 256x256, CAUTIONtemplate.png) [iqdb]
2805
[X] Roll out of the way and kick her down.
We need to be use our brain and outsmart her.
If there is anything I have learned from SA and Soku, it is that challenging Okuu directly is a very bad idea. I mean, she has those klaxons for a reason.
>> No. 2806
[Q] Challenge her power and do the same.
>> No. 2807
[Q] Challenge her power and do the same.

Where is your flair for the awesome, Anonymous? I swear, it's like you're all caught up in some BAD END paranoia for whatever reason.

I took a look at this some time ago when it first started. Due to real-life shenanigans, I haven't had the time to read much of anything lately, but judging by this... I figure I'll have to catch up on stuff.
>> No. 2808
>>2807
I'm all for taking unnecessary risks Tai, but the author himself put a warning to not act reckless.
It seems that it might have repercussions besides a quick BAD END...
>> No. 2809
>>2808

Might just be flawed writing; who knows. This isn't the first the line between stupid and awesome was so think.
>> No. 2810
File 125608062992.jpg - (164.70KB, 500x700, RS4-4pic.jpg) [iqdb]
2810
[X] Challenge her power and do the same.

This is a training match, right? You might as well show off while you're here.

You close your right hand into a fist and start running as fast as you can towards Utsuho.

"So that's how it is, huh?" Utsuho sneered. "Well, let's go!"

Like two bulls charging to ram each other, you and Utsuho speed towards each other screaming at the top of their lungs.

Everything else around you slowed down and the only thing you could see was Utsuho. The point of impact felt like it took forever to arrive, but when it did, you thrusted your fist forward with full force.

--

"...where am I?" You turned your head to the left and saw Rin sitting down in a chair beside you.

"Uh, you're in the infirmary." She was staring at me, with a face of a small grin.

"What's so funny?" You can move, but slightly. The injuries are there, but they're gradually healing.

"I'm pretty surprised, as is Satori. Even if you didn't win, you did put up quite a fight."

"A fight? I only threw one punch!" Rin laughs at that comment.

"That one punch managed to knock the wind out of Okuu and you managed to survive the full brunt of her punch, although..." She tilts her head mentioning your bruises. "...it wasn't like you didn't feel it. Okuu's a bit happy that you let her win, nonetheless. You're not really normal, are you?"

You turn your head towards the ceiling. "I don't really get who's normal and who isn't. Everyone down here seems to be strange."

"Of course. We weren't meant to be on the surface, with the kind of powers we have and the one that Okuu recently obtained. We're strange folks."

Strange, huh? I wonder if I'm strange enough to not have permission to walk on the surface or even exist on it.

Rin continued. "You know, you don't really act human. You didn't have any hestiation to go against Okuu head-on, even considering the odds."

"No need to fear anything we see around here, right?"

"That'd be right. Everything you see in the underground is far more peculiar than you see on the surface. If you're not scared of anything here, you shouldn't be afraid of the surface."

"The training really changed my views, but I still lost. I do remember that you said that Satori was impressed though."

"She was! No matter the results, Satori has processed the information and found you worthy to possess this. Here you go."

You obtained the Three Eye Surcoat.

"This is an... interesting gift. What's it represent anyways?"

"You know the eye that's attached to Satori? It's her Third Eye. It allows her to read minds, esstenially. Her sister, however, closed her Third Eye due to... an incident. The three eyes are pretty much the representation of a Satori."

"Nice to know. One more thing I need to ask, though: what's going to happen to my armor? I wouldn't think that it would withstand getting punched by something as powerful as Utsuho."

"We've got your solution right here!" Rin shows me a new light steel armor. "It's much better than that piece of junk you were wearing anyways. Thank Satori for getting you this as well."

"Your master is being rather generous, isn't she?"

"Yeah, but even if she's expressionless, she's still a good hearted girl inside. Anyways, do you think you can get going now?"

You start moving and notice that all your cramps are gone. What's with that? Nothing to mind, though, since you should be going home now.

"Thank you for everything, Rin. Appreciate it."

"You're welcome." Rin hands you back your sword, pouch, and bottle of sake. "By the way, you have free access to the palace now."

"Really? That's great. Alright, see you."

"See you later." Rin waves goodbye to you.

You leave the Palace of Earth Spirits. It's been a long time since you last saw the lanterns of the city, especially since they have dimmed down once again. There's nothing you really need to attend and you're still sore despite your bruises healing.

[ ] Go home. It's the only thing to do right now.

Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor (equipped)
Three Eye Surcoat
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle of Sake (unopened)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|--]
- Empty Paper Bag

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 2811
[X] Go home. It's the only thing to do right now.

You arrive home. It's a bit quiet. You assume that Koishi isn't home right now.

You move your arms and legs to get them circulating. Maybe that'll make them heal faster.

You close the shades, get back on the bed, and decide to sleep off your fatigue and regain your energy.

--






*Status:
Due to the training, your stamina has now increased.



*Relationships:
Rin Kaenbyou:
The cat youkai that can outrun most slow opponents and obliterate them with miniscule effort. Pet of Satori Komeiji.

Queen Satori Komeiji:
The queen of the city. It doesn't look like she does much, but she knows from the minds of the public what is going on around and outside her domain.

Koishi Komeiji:
Satori's sister. Although she cannot speak, her words still communicate amongst your subconcious. She is a secret person, in the city that still believes she is walking the surface.

Utsuho Reiuji:
The hell raven. Slow, but provides a powerful ally in cover fire. Pet of Satori Komeiji.

Parsee Mizuhashi:
The green-eyed youkai watching the bridge. A bit lonely, but her abilities are still high-end compared to others.

Yuugi Hoshiguma:
Parsee's oni friend, fond of good alcoholic beverages. She's friendly, but a bit competitive and enjoys a good challenge.

??? ???:
---

???:
---

Alice ???:
A youkai puppeteer who is advancing her research in the underground. Avid, yet somewhat dense.

Marisa ???:
One of the humans who resolved an incident in the city a long while ago. Rumored to actually be insane.

Aya Shameimaru:
A tengu from the surface that is apparently an ace reporter. She flew down here to see what's going on here. A good source of information, although can it be trusted?


Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor (equipped)
Three Eye Surcoat
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle of Sake (unopened)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|--]
- Empty Paper Bag

*Home:
Bento Box (x 2)
Canned Tea (x 2)
Doll (x 2)
>> No. 2812
File 125608199364.jpg - (724.36KB, 800x800, RS5pic.jpg) [iqdb]
2812
Solitude is the confinement of your mind, but you cannot conceal yourself forever.

You wake up, feeling sound and refreshed. The training a while ago felt like it never even happened until you get off the bed and notice that you have a lot more energy than you did before. Nothing in your body felt sore, although you would have thought it would have left a mark.

[X] Examine: Three Eye Surcoat

You dust off the Three Eye Surcoat. It is a shade of red with three simple yet symbolic eyes lined up vertically on the surcoat. An article of clothing that shouldn't be treated roughly, to say.

With this new energy, you should go explore the underground outside of the city. There's nothing to be had to stop you from doing so. You see another letter from Satori on your doorstop once again.

Dear whom it may concern,
Thank you for participating in the training. The information I gathered from your match has proven to be beneficial. Rin has informed me that she had already given you the surcoat. Even with that, I have forgotten to give you the other reward as well for being such a good participant. Enclosed in this envelope is 5,000 yen. Please use it wisely and thank you for cooperating.
Sincerely, Queen Satori

Ah, the smell of money. Needless to say, you should follow Satori's advice and spend it carefully.

Well, what should you do first?

[ ] Go look and see if Koishi is home.
[ ] Head straight to the gate.

*Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor (equipped)
Three Eye Surcoat
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle of Sake (unopened)
Leather Pouch
- 10,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 5 1,000-yen bills, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|--]
- Empty Paper Bag

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 2813
[✠] Go look and see if Koishi is home.
>> No. 2814
File 125608585048.jpg - (279.22KB, 900x732, 0cf2.jpg) [iqdb]
2814
[x] Go look and see if Koishi is home.

Of course.
>> No. 2815
[x] Head straight to the gate.

Troll Bridge now! Troll Bridge! Don't you know I love you long time, Troll Bridge?
>> No. 2816
[x] Go look and see if Koishi is home.

This should be the quickest thing to do first.
>> No. 2818
[x] Go look and see if Koishi is home.
>> No. 2820
[x] Head straight to the gate.
>> No. 2821
[x] Go look and see if Koishi is home.
>> No. 2840
[X] Go look and see if Koishi is home.

You go around your house to see if Koishi is here. Thinking about it, maybe she's still ou-

"Hey, you're awake. Did you enjoy your nap?" appears to the right of your vision. You slide the door open and Koishi looks at you with sleepy eyes.

"You're looking a bit out of shape." You comment.

"Oh, don't worry. Everyone sees me like this one time or another." She pops out the Three Eye Surcoat you got a while ago. You never did realize it was gone, did you? "So Satori thinks you're worth your value? That's good to know. I cleaned this up for you, so here you go." You obtained the Three Eye Surcoat... again.

"Thanks, Koishi, although I'd like to ask; is there anything I should know about the area outside of the city?"

Koishi's eyes perked up and she decided to explain, "The area outside of the city is a bit rough, unlike everywhere I've noticed you've been around. If you hear the sound of the wind, following it will lead you to Yamame. She's a nice girl, but her appearance might... frighten you. Don't worry, though, she knows enough to be friendly to most."

"Hmm, okay then. See you later, Koishi."

Koishi waved goodbye.

You slid open the front door and walked to the lanterns of the city. Now you grow old, used of the yellow brights because you know that out there is the darkness, the places of no light to exist except the glows of nature.

--

The snap of the gate closing was a familiar sound nowadays.

"Hey, you're back." Parsee comments.

"Unfortunately, I'm not going to be staying here long; I'm going to go explore out there."

Parsee sneers. "Heh, finally. Do be careful and remember," She thumbs up. "keep the sword I gave you close at hand."

"Will do. There's nothing that can defeat me if I have your sword in hand!"

A snicker and a giggle. "That's pretty funny!"

"Not really a good joke, but it'll have to do.

"Just.. please don't die, alright? You're a really good friend and..." She blushed. "I really don't want you to disappear."

"Don't worry. I'm not going to go far and I know what I'm getting myself into." You walk across the bridge and wave goodbye to Parsee. "I'll see you later!"

Parsee waved goodbye.

--

You look behind you. The luminant glow of the city seems so far away now. You look forward now and see... the darkness.

The darkness wasn't encompassing everything you saw though. The rocks shone with a little light and you can barely recognize the features of the geography. You're not likely to trip and you manage to get around, even if Koishi told you the terrain was "rough".

A bit farther in. The brightness of the city starts to leave you. Some skylights shine in through the ceiling, but it's most likely not able to get you up there, to the surface.

You hear the sound of a river to the left and the sound of an air current blowing to the right. They're most likely connected, but you have to decide which way you will travel to first.

[ ] Go left.
[ ] Go right.

*Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor (equipped)
Three Eye Surcoat
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle of Sake (unopened)
Leather Pouch
- 10,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 5 1,000-yen bills, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|--]
- Empty Paper Bag

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 2841
File 125618218975.jpg - (128.44KB, 1280x1024, grue_rumia_with_no_actual_grue.jpg) [iqdb]
2841
Contrary to popular belief, there are no Grues here. Please move along now.
>> No. 2842
[x] Go right.

Why not meet Yamame? And I wonder what Koishi mean by appearence, since so far, the lead normally deals with the two sisters, took a punch from an atomic crow. I doubt much would affect him now.
>> No. 2843
[✠] Go left.
>> No. 2847
[X] Examine Light Steel Armor

[X] Go right

Remember to <b>EXAMINE</b> everything we were given Anon, it will help in the long run.
>> No. 2849
[x] Go right.
[x] Examine Light Steel Armor.
[x] Examine Three Eye Surcoat.
>> No. 2851
[x] Go right.
[x] Examine Light Steel Armor.
[x] Examine Three Eye Surcoat.
>> No. 2852
[x] Go right.
[x] Examine Light Steel Armor.
[x] Examine Three Eye Surcoat.
>> No. 2875
[x] Examine Light Steel Armor.

A grey suit of armor, but although it is made of steel, it is light enough to move around without being restricted. You feel secure (but not as comfortable) wearing it. Satori must have some great skills to get something as high quality as this.

[x] Examine Three Eye Surcoat.

The Three Eye Surcoat is a shade of red with three simple yet symbolic eyes lined up vertically on the surcoat. An article of clothing that shouldn't be treated roughly, to say. Not anything different other than being a lot clearer because of Koishi's cleaning.

[x] Go right.

You follow the sound of the wind blowing through the right. This area seems damper than the terrain you traversed before, but it's nothing to worry about.

Or so it seems. You hear something moving and look around. There's nowhere else to go but forw-

"Hey." A figure jumps down in front of you, causing you to lose your balance and stumble backwards... onto someone else.

Ouch!

"Oh, hum. Sorry about that. Don't surprise me like that." Look who's talking.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Yamame Kurodani, the witch doctor."

"Witch doctor?" Yamame's figure finally appears clear to you: a blonde haired girl with her assistant behind you, a green haired girl with her hair tied into pigtails.

"Yes, a witch doctor. I have the ability to manipulate disease, which allows me to remove them... however, since I can also replace them back in anyone's system, they fear me."

"It's very rude of them, I'd say." Her assistant said.

"Yes, I forgot to introduce my assistant. Her name is Kisume and she helps me with things."

"All those things are just mundane tasks though!" Kisume pouted.

"You're still a lovely girl, Kisume, so be nice to our guest. So, why are you here?"

"I wanted to explore outside the city. That's all." You explained.

"I guess that soon enough, everyone would grow curious..."

Interesting information. Should we keep exploring or chat for a while?

[ ] Talk with Yamame some more.
[ ] Walk up the flow of the river.
[ ] Go back to the city.

*Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor (equipped)
Three Eye Surcoat
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle of Sake (unopened)
Leather Pouch
- 10,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 5 1,000-yen bills, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|--]
- Empty Paper Bag

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
[ ] Give ________ to (Yamame, Kisume)
>> No. 2876
[x] Walk up the flow of the river.
--> [x] "You're welcome to join me, if you're free."
>> No. 2877
[x] Walk up the flow of the river.
--> [x] "You're welcome to join me, if you're free."
>> No. 2878
[x] Talk with Yamame some more.

A bit of talking never hurts.
>> No. 2918
[X] Talk with Yamame some more.
>> No. 2920
[X] Talk with Yamame some more.

"Anyways, Yamame, do you like anyone?"

Yamame tilted her head in thought. "Well, there's two people I like. Not like, but admire. There's Koishi, the queen's sister who traveled to the surface, and there's also... the girl that guards the bridge. She gets to meet a lot of people who travel to the city." She then shrugs. "Obviously, no humans do arrive in one piece."

"Huh? No humans?"

"It's nearly impossible for one of average power to get through the ground, nonetheless travel to the city without passing away."

"Hmm. No humans?" And yet everyone looked to be human enough... "Anyways, I'd like to ask, if you don't mind; are you strong?"

"Strong? I would like to say I am, but compared to others, not that much." Yamame explains. "Youkai are created out of fears, whether from scratch or the fears of objects or humans welled up inside of them making them stronger than normal humans." She shows her teeth in a malevolent smile. "Not like I don't enjoy my share of them sometimes."

"Do you ever visit the city? I'd think you do."

Her expression normalizes. "Nope, I don't make house calls. People usually come to me, not the other way around." Yamame twirls her finger around. "Sloth, however, should not overtake my abilities; I must remain at a constant pace of work." She starts fidgeting.

"Wow, that sounds a bit like me. I feel lonely if I'm not busy too." You remark.

Yamame suddenly jumps on you and starts moving her hand over your chest. Her voice takes on a neurotic tone. "That makes two of us, but if we're together, we won't be lonely." She starts lying on top of you with her hands seeming to have a life of its own, slithering around your neck like snakes. "We won't have to deal with loneliness anymore... we'll be together forever..."

A wry grin grows slowly on Yamame's blushed face.

[ ] Accept what's coming to you.
[ ] Politely reject.
[ ] Give an excuse that you have to get going.
- [ ] I have to go up the river right away.
- [ ] I need to get home, I'm a bit tired.

*Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor (equipped)
Three Eye Surcoat
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle of Sake (unopened)
Leather Pouch
- 10,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 5 1,000-yen bills, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|--]
- Empty Paper Bag

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
[ ] Give ________ to (Yamame, Kisume)
>> No. 2921
[ ] Accept what's coming to you.
>> No. 2922
[x] Give an excuse that you have to get going.
- [x] I have to go up the river right away.

You realize Female Spiders usually eat their mates during intercourse, right? As much some of us might wanna hit it, at least we ought to live to tell about it.
>> No. 2923
[x] Accept what's coming to you.
BEST BAD END EVER
>> No. 2924
>>2922

Things are done differently in Touhou.

Having said that, this was not expected at all.
>> No. 2925
[x] Accept what's coming to you.
>> No. 2926
[x] Accept what's coming to you.
>> No. 2927
[x] Give an excuse that you have to get going.
- [x] I have to go up the river right away.

Inb4 surprise symbiotic sex.
>> No. 2928
>>2922

The Argiope genus of spiders, which Yamame appears to be a member of, is not particularly well known for that practice. In point of fact, devouring the mate isn't nearly as common as you might think it would be, even among members of the Latrodectus genus to which the famed Black Widow belongs.

[X] Accept what's coming to you.
>> No. 2929
[x] Accept what's coming to you.
>> No. 2939
Why are you applying science to my story? You guys are terrible!

Ahaha.
>> No. 2940
[X] Accept what's coming to you.

No point in resisting, you'd think. You close your eyes and wait for the impending kiss.

Whack!

After a few moments, you open your eyes. Your chest feels lighter, which was strange, until you turned your head to the right and got a sudden surprise: Yamame's lying beside you now, unconcious. You look in front of you and see Kisume getting flustered about a certain witch you've met before.

"Why'd you do that to my master? You're so mean!" Kisume yelled while flailing her arms.

"Hey, hey, I'd like her to pay attention to me first, not some random guy she managed to find interesting." Marisa was upset that Kisume's master was a bit... busy. "Don't worry, Kisume. I just hit her in the head with the soft end of my broom."

"You know, that doesn't give you the power to boss people around!"

"Whatever! She'll wake up in a few and I'll get my answers." Marisa's attention then directs towards you. "Who are you, anyways?"

"I'm the person you ran over a long while ago. It's interesting to meet a human who's strong enough to go around here, nonetheless boss people around."

Marisa grins, then laughs. "I can't remember most of the people I knock around. Anyways, what are you doing around here?"

"Just exploring the area outside the city, curious about what's out here."

Marisa ponders in thought. "If you're going to do that, don't get caught being stupid. Even if I'm human, it took a lot of work to get this powerful, unlike Reimu, who just has a lot of power through her lineage and lazes around a lot."

"Why are you here anyways? I wouldn't think you would have anything to do with this place."

"I do deliveries for a friend of mines, but while I'm down here, I might as well get some information on how to make my magic implements better than before," Marisa turns her head to Yamame. "and she's the girl who has a good amount of that."

"Just stay here then and you could get all the information you want."

Marisa pouts. "I'd love to, but this place is pretty dreary. I'm sure my friend can handle it, but I can't. I need people to talk to, you know."

"Hmm, you're right about that." Why would you have such a feeling anyways? "I have to get going now. Thanks for saving me."

"Hah! Don't be reckless next time; the tricks that others can pull can be pretty clever. I won't be there next time, so you better watch yourself, little man."

You walk away from Yamame's cave. You look back and see Marisa patting Kisume's head. "You're still frustrated? Lighten up! Stop being a worrywart."

--

Traveling up the edge of the river seems to be an arduous journey, but you manage to get to the source of the sound. However, the sounds of footsteps alerts you and you hide behind one of the connected columns in the area. You look around the column and see two figures, one small with wings coming out of her back and another walking elegantly even on such a rough surface.

"Don't walk in the river. Even if it's water, it'll sting."

"What? Why is that, Sakuya?"

"Because I said so. It's just something I know. Naturally flowing sources of water can do that." The tall figure looked at the small one as she went to test this for herself.

"Ouch! That does hurt." The small figure found out what such things can do to her finger.

"I told you, my lady. Just fly over it like every other river."

"Oh, alright then, Sakuya."

"Act with more composure, my lady."

"I'll do that later. Remember that we're only scouting right now, right?"

"Yes, I have kept that in mind."

Are they the group that is planning to intrude? They don't look like the type to attack, nor be aggressive at all. Just normal youkai, right?

If that's what you think, you could try talking to them if you could.

[ ] Talk to the two figures. You might discover if they are actually the group that Satori warned us about.
[ ] Go home. There's nothing to see here and you don't want them to know about the city.

*Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor (equipped)
Three Eye Surcoat
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle of Sake (unopened)
Leather Pouch
- 10,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 5 1,000-yen bills, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|--]
- Empty Paper Bag

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 2941
[X] Talk to the two figures. You might discover if they are actually the group that Satori warned us about.
We're harmless and powerless, they won't attack someone like that, will they?
>> No. 2946
[X] Talk to the two figures. You might discover if they are actually the group that Satori warned us about.
>> No. 2948
[x] Talk to the two figures. You might discover if they are actually the group that Satori warned us about.

I doubt they are but I think they'd have some new insight on to things.

Well 'saved' by the Broom I guess...
>> No. 2950
File 125654367444.jpg - (71.87KB, 600x800, 476cb41865e980b0bcc71b260f6d13a4.jpg) [iqdb]
2950
The updates from two days to now have been irratic, but we will now maintain our regular update schedule.

Also, after writing that Yamame section, I actually find her pretty hot.

Lastly, for all you voters out there, there's something I'd like to say: Are you ready for a there are no bad ends until you get to the end. I can't write bad ends that prematurely end the story, so choose to your heart's desire. If you do screw up the story enough to get such a result, I know who to blame.
>> No. 2951
[x] Talk to the two figures. You might discover if they are actually the group that Satori warned us about.
>> No. 2960
[x] Go home. There's nothing to see here and you don't want them to know about the city.
>> No. 2993
File 125679471355.jpg - (440.87KB, 700x960, 2e15d0e77dd29455547bb60ebc39adea.jpg) [iqdb]
2993
[X] Talk to the two figures. You might discover if they are actually the group that Satori warned us about.

There's no harm in chatting with them if you just act like someone visiting the underground, right?

You walk towards the two figures. The tall figure was a silver haired lady standing elegantly behind the small figure, a blue haired girl with wings that tiptoed everywhere, attempting to maintain her prose.

"Hello there!" You greet them. The lady, whom you assume is Sakuya from what the girl calls her, is taken by your appearance.

"Hmmm, Sakuya, that's strange. Are people supposed to be around here?"

"My lady, I'm sure he's just exploring for treasure or some miscellaneous business. I'd like to ask you, sir: what are you doing here?"

"You've guessed my motive correctly, actually." You remark.

Sakuya just frowns. "For a person who dares to traverse here, you're a bit too obvious."

"I'd like to ask you about your motive as well since you know so much about mines!"

The girl pouted and shouted, "Don't be so rude! You can't talk to my Sakuya like that. You'll have to get through me first!"

Sakuya held the girl back. "My lady, don't act rash. We're not here to argue with people and as I can see, there are no more further points of interest for today." Sakuya patted the girl's head playfully.

"Points of interest? So you two are..."

"Explorers as well." Sakuya interrupts. "I've forgotten my manners, I must introduce to you my lady, Remilia Scarlet."

"Hello there, whoever you are." Remilia glared at you, with suspicion about you in her eyes. "You're not lying about being an explorer too, are you?"

"Not really. What's the point about lying about that?"

"A lot of things." Remilia's eyes switch from you to her friend. "Anyways, Sakuya, now that you mention that we're done, we should get back."

"Yes, my lady." Sakuya turns her back to you and starts walking with Remilia. Her attention then suddenly flies back to you. "It seems like you have something to say. Care to... blurt it out?"

[ ] State that you'd love to come with Remilia and her and implore more about the underground.
[ ] Excuse yourself away from those two to travel back to the city.

Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor (equipped)
Three Eye Surcoat
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle of Sake (unopened)
Leather Pouch
- 10,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 5 1,000-yen bills, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|--]
- Empty Paper Bag

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
[ ] Give ________ to (Sakuya, Remilia)
>> No. 2994
[x] State that you'd love to come with Remilia and her and implore more about the underground.

A bit more insight of their activities won't hurt.
>> No. 3002
>"Not really. What's the point about lying about that?"
Either our guy is playing dumb or he is as innocent and pure as a snowfall.

[x] State that you'd love to come with Remilia and her and implore more about the underground
>> No. 3028
[X] State that you'd love to come with Remilia and her and implore more about the underground.

Remilia was still frowning at you. "I still don't like your tone."

"My lady, I would guess he would be as surprised as we are that we actually met. Just act normal and he'll feel comfortable around us."

Remilia got a bit lazy halfway and asked Sakuya, "Can I get on your shoulders? Pleaseeee?"

"Why, yes, you may." Remilia flapped her wings and landed on Sakuya's shoulders. "My lady, are you comfortable?

"Yes, definitely!" Remilia smiled.

Assumptions that would lead to a clever disguise, such a chance for you to keep the city's location safe from them. Whether they're the group that is predicted to threaten the city or not isn't determined yet, but the information you're going to get will confirm your findings.

You and the other two arrive at their campsite. It's... not a very small campsite, is it?

Fairy maids are floating around with errands to take care of. The lanterns are few and far, but they show where each functional area is positioned. It's organized so well that the person who planned the entirety of the location knew how to optimize efficiency and get things done.

"Here we are, my lady." Remilia hopped off backwards then headed towards her tent (or assuming it is her tent).

She stops after a couple steps. "Sakuya! Come with me! We need to record the information we've discovered!"

"Yes, yes, my lady, but don't act so rowdy here. Remember, your image is important around your staff."

Remilia's energy suddenly seems like it disappears, but it looks like she has focused it into placing composure into herself. "Yes, Sakuya. We need to get to our affairs right away."

That redirection of energy was sponteous, to say the least. Not to say that this group and what they have around here is normal, really.

"Anyways, you're here." Sakuya commented. "I don't get why you did want to be here, but we're both explorers, so we should share our data amongst each other, right?"

"Of course. It benefits both you and me if we discuss what we find around these parts."

"Since you're here, I do not have any more business with you. I need to attend to Remilia and do what we came out here to do in the first place."

However, you do feel like you can involve yourself further.

[ ] Ask Sakuya if you can talk to Remilia alone. This might irritate Sakuya, but you might get something out of the different Remilia.
[ ] Walk alongside Sakuya and attempt to get more information about her group's operations.
[ ] You've seen enough and they think you're an explorer. Head back to the city with that image left in their minds.

Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor (equipped)
Three Eye Surcoat
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle of Sake (unopened)
Leather Pouch
- 10,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 5 1,000-yen bills, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|--]
- Empty Paper Bag

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
[ ] Give ________ to (Sakuya)
>> No. 3034
[X] Ask Sakuya if you can talk to Remilia alone. This might irritate Sakuya, but you might get something out of the different Remilia.
>> No. 3036
[X] Ask Sakuya if you can talk to Remilia alone. This might irritate Sakuya, but you might get something out of the different Remilia.

Remilia is the one with the plan.
>> No. 3043
[X] Ask Sakuya if you can talk to Remilia alone. This might irritate Sakuya, but you might get something out of the different Remilia.
>> No. 3065
File 125704128647.gif - (61.08KB, 761x614, RS5-7.gif) [iqdb]
3065
[X] Ask Sakuya if you can talk to Remilia alone. This might irritate Sakuya, but you might get something out of the different Remilia.

"Sakuya, I'd like to talk to Remilia by myself, if you mind."

Sakuya's eyes went cross and yet she approved. "Just don't do anything crazy or I'll have your head." She goes to tend to other matters while you followed Remilia into her tent. While following her, you see some strange figures: a girl with unique wings and a lady who also hovers like the fairy maids. However, you shouldn't pay mind to that now since you should consult with Remilia immediately.

You enter Remilia's tent. Two beds lay side by side with Remilia sitting on a wooden chair with her elbow on the table, across from her an empty seat.

"Sakuya isn't coming over yet?" Remilia inquired.

You take the empty seat and sit down. "No, because I asked her for permission to talk to you, one on one."

"Hmm, that's okay then. Anyways," She twirled her finger around. "We're both looking for something, aren't we?"

"Yes, we are. I'm just looking for treasure and unfortunately, I have not found anything yet. How about you?"

"That's sad to know, but if you keep looking, I'm sure you'll find something. Or never. For us? We're actually looking for something tangible, unlike you." Remilia sneered. "We're looking for the Underground City."

"Why would you tell me that anyways?"

"You actually look like you could... help us. If we get rid of the sun inside the city," Remilia's palm waved upwards. "we can stay outside for an eternity."

"You don't look like one to fear the sunlight."

"I'm a vampire, a mythical creature with sunlight being our number one pox. We favor the night, if you'd say." You don't know what night means besides being the darkness around the underground.

"That isn't good, is it? Have you made any progress in your investigation?"

Remilia frowns. "Not much, but there is an area that we are pondering on sending scouts to tomorrow." Tomorrow? When is that?

"That will prove useful. The information you've given me has helped me understand more about this place." You get up. "Anyways, I have to go."

Remilia grabs your hand and pleads, "I would love it if you helped me. You seem strong enough to do that. Besides..." She closed her eyes. "I want Sakuya to know I can be responsible."

You let go of Remilia's hand. "Maybe I will. I just have to think about it." I waved goodbye to Remilia. "See you later."

She opens her eyes. "I hope you do come back. Your assistance may make this operation a success."

You leave the tent when Sakuya appears. "So, how'd it go?"

"Good. Don't worry, I didn't do anything irrational."

"I hope not. I don't enjoy my lady being upset."

[ ] Travel back to the city and go home.

Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor (equipped)
Three Eye Surcoat
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle of Sake (unopened)
Leather Pouch
- 10,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 5 1,000-yen bills, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|--]
- Empty Paper Bag

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 3066
[X] Travel back to the city and go home.

You arrive home. Your house feels a bit drafty right now.

You do feel sore everywhere, but you did cover some space and got valuable information.

You close the shades, get back on the bed, and decide to sleep off your fatigue and regain your energy.

--






*Status:
Unfortunately, there have been no changes.



*Relationships:
Rin Kaenbyou:
The cat youkai that can outrun most slow opponents and obliterate them with miniscule effort. Pet of Satori Komeiji.

Queen Satori Komeiji:
The queen of the city. It doesn't look like she does much, but she knows from the minds of the public what is going on around and outside her domain.

Koishi Komeiji:
Satori's sister. Although she cannot speak, her words still communicate amongst your subconcious. She is a secret person, in the city that still believes she is walking the surface.

Utsuho Reiuji:
The hell raven. Slow, but provides a powerful ally in cover fire. Pet of Satori Komeiji.

Parsee Mizuhashi:
The green-eyed youkai watching the bridge. A bit lonely, but her abilities are still high-end compared to others.

Yuugi Hoshiguma:
Parsee's oni friend, fond of good alcoholic beverages. She's friendly, but a bit competitive and enjoys a good challenge.

Yamame Kurodani:
The witch doctor who lives outside the city. Socially inept, but is a helpful person. Like a spider, she enjoys drawing in humans to devour.

Kisume:
The witch doctor's assistant. Loyal, yet a bit childish.

Alice Margatroid:
A youkai puppeteer who is advancing her research in the underground. Avid, yet somewhat dense.

Marisa Kirisame:
One of the humans who resolved an incident in the city a long while ago. Rumored to actually be insane.

Aya Shameimaru:
A tengu from the surface that is apparently an ace reporter. She flew down here to see what's going on here. A good source of information, although can it be trusted?

Remilia ???:
A vampire girl who leads the group threatening the Underground City. Selfish, but a girl who wants to show she can lead.

??? ???:
---

Sakuya ???:
The servant of Remilia. Stoic and incredibly loyal to "her lady". Does not hesitate to kill those who even think of killing her master.

??? ???:
---

??? ???:
---


*Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor (equipped)
Three Eye Surcoat
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle of Sake (unopened)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|--]
- Empty Paper Bag
- Bento Box (x 2)
- Canned Tea (x 2)
- Doll (x 2)

*Home:
---
>> No. 3067
File 125704140755.png - (926.71KB, 1200x1692, RS6-1.png) [iqdb]
3067
The gate stands, to those who enter from the darkness and escape from the light.

You wake up and decide to get up and out. Living has been a different affair with you these past few periods of time. You've discovered things that you shouldn't have probed yourself into. Tangled into the fate of those you don't even know the full story of.

Do you favor those of the surface above or those that live in the new home you assume? You're going to have to make this decision soon and soon is coming very fast.

However, you do have time. The valuable commodity that everyone runs on. You better make use of it.

Standing in the middle of the city, you admire the lanterns, the lights that penetrate every inch of unclosed shades.

You're here, but that's not what matters. What matters is what you do.

[ ] Enter the palace and take a look around.
[ ] Head back to Remilia's camp.
[ ] Share your bento boxes and tea with _______

Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor (equipped)
Three Eye Surcoat
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle of Sake (unopened)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|--]
- Empty Paper Bag
- Bento Box (x 2)
- Canned Tea (x 2)
- Doll (x 2)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 3068
[x] Enter the palace and take a look around.
-[x] If possible inform Satori of what you've learned.

We do get to choose again afterwards, since I was thinking,

[x] Share your bento boxes and tea with Parsee and Yuugi

Getting a bit of help never hurts.
>> No. 3071
[x] Enter the palace and take a look around.
-[x] If possible warn Satori of what you've learned.

I´m not sure that Satori would like that. As much as I like Remilia, our MC has to defend his home.
>> No. 3103
[x] Enter the palace and take a look around.
-[x] If possible warn Satori of what you've learned.
>> No. 3192
I am sorry for the delay for Ragnarok Syndrome. The fever I got from the weekend has gradually dissipated, but it's still there. I need more concentration to do this than Gensokyo on Starboard.

The confirmed decision is:
[X] Enter the palace and take a look around.

Going to update tomorrow if I can.
>> No. 3251
File 125748067280.jpg - (320.70KB, 752x1000, b38c61d5d23ac020d2ab1182b2a2bfac.jpg) [iqdb]
3251
[X] Enter the palace and take a look around.

Nothing's stopping you now from just opening the door and walking in this time. You've got clearance!

You open the door for the first time (unlike every other time, where Rin has opened it for you). Never have you ever actually taken the time to examine the place since the glow distracted you much and you were always occupied with your purpose of being here in the first place.

The stained glass windows still glowed with light, but you take your attention away from them to observe the environment. The stone floor you never seem to look at are etched with the most interesting patterns you've seen. The columns of stone between the rows of windows are engraved with similar, yet smaller designs.

You notice the infirmary that you were in after the training with Utsuho and also a room you assume to be an armory. How did you get anywhere in the palace without ever finding these things out? Rin must have spoiled you a lot lately.

Arriving at the throne room, there's something missing: Satori's not sitting around.

The dining room where you first met her can be seen from the room you're in right now, but that room is also empty.

There's no doubt that she isn't being lax in her duty, but you don't know where she is.

However, you do hear something interesting coming from the small gap of the door of what you think is Satori's room: a tap, then a slide, then another tap and then another slide. Like pieces moving on a board.

Rin's room is closed, but you hear a faint fluttering in there. The door that leads to the Hell of Blazing of Fires, however, is wide open (with a faint ticking noise). The family seems to be slightly disorganized right now.

Where should you investigate first?

[ ] Take a peek in Satori's room.
[ ] Knock on Satori's door. She's bound to know you're there anyways.
[ ] Go see who's in Rin's room.
[ ] Look into the Hell of Blazing Fire and check around for clues.
[ ] Leave the palace. Nothing interesting here.

Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor (equipped)
Three Eye Surcoat
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle of Sake (unopened)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|--]
- Empty Paper Bag
- Bento Box (x 2)
- Canned Tea (x 2)
- Doll (x 2)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 3252
[x] Knock on Satori's door. She's bound to know you're there anyways.
>> No. 3253
[x] Knock on Satori's door. She's bound to know you're there anyways.
>> No. 3255
[x] Knock on Satori's door. She's bound to know you're there anyways.
>> No. 3300
Hey, I'm sort of screwed out of a computer for a while, so my apologies, but this story is put on hold until I get it back.
>> No. 3427
File 125814916581.jpg - (29.08KB, 399x378, satori.jpg) [iqdb]
3427
>>3300
Don't make Satorin wait too much~
>> No. 3499
>>3427

That's a cute Satori. May I ask for it's source?
>> No. 3500
>>3499
Why of course! It's source is a doujin called Gensoukyou Post-Office. Basically Touhoes living in a modern city.

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/548920

Please do check the latest pages of that story, I believe it's reaching its climax.
>> No. 3569
File 12592210261.jpg - (889.27KB, 2160x1547, RS6-3.jpg) [iqdb]
3569
[X] Knock on Satori's door. She's bound to know you're there anyways.

You tap at her door and Satori shows up in her pink sleeping gown. You've thought you might have disturbed her rest, but she tells you, "Not really." She decides to let you inside her room. Step step step.

You look around the room. There were drawers and cabinets around, Satori's bed had a translucent curtain surrounding it, and yet something managed to pique your interest instantly: the tall oval mirror nearby.

However, Satori beckons you over to sit on the left side of her. Across from Satori is a black cat with red streaks on her underbelly, a pet you think looks familiar, and yet...

"Well, I'd like to ask how are you, first of all." Satori questions of you. She grabs a piece on the board and places the piece at another location on the board. Tap. Strangely, you know this game, the game called... chess?

"I'm fine, naturally. Nothing interesting besides the training has occurred in a while." The cat slides her piece into place and takes down one of Satori's pieces. "How about you, Satori?"

"I'm still a bit on edge right now." She responded. "Chess helps me relax. A calming game of intelligence."

Without any prior knowledge, you started noticably realizing what the pieces of the game they were playing were. The game of chess, wits and vigor taking hold of the pieces that moved.

Satori moved a pawn closer to the other side of the board. Tap. The cat moved a bishop into a decisive area and meowed. Satori moved her king away and the game continued. There's something peculiar about her pawns, however...

"Unfortunately, I've to sleep after this." Satori mentioned. Her rooks and bishops are now gone, but her pawns keep marching forward, one by one...

She looked at you again with concern. "Your mind seems a mess. It's rambling, screaming to say something. Are you going to tell me what's bothering you?

You don't have enough time to tell her everything you want to say right now, so the highest priority thought on your mind is...

[ ] Ask Satori about the mirror.
[ ] Tell Satori about Remilia's plans.
[ ] Excuse yourself and leave Satori's room.
[ ] Remain silent and continue observing Satori's game.

Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor (equipped)
Three Eye Surcoat
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle of Sake (unopened)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|--]
- Empty Paper Bag
- Bento Box (x 2)
- Canned Tea (x 2)
- Doll (x 2)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 3574
[x] Tell Satori about Remilia's plans.
>> No. 3576
[x] Tell Satori about Remilia's plans.
That's what we came for, to destroy the charimsatic little vampire's plan.
I'd rather do it right now before something happens.
>> No. 3580
[x] Tell Satori about Remilia's plans.
>> No. 3583
[x] Tell Satori about Remilia's pants.
>> No. 3600
Mind if I ask why everyone's voting the way they area, just curious, since the Underground is our home, and Satori asked us for a favor, that's why I'm voting to tell her about Remilia. No real spite towards Remilia's group, just that we were enlisted first to Satori's side.

That and this is an /underground/ story, a natural bias occurs.
>> No. 3602
>>3600
My motives were said on >>3071
No matter how much CHARISMA BREAK we cause, Underground city is and has been MC's home for a long time. As little as we know about him, a man has to stand for his homeland, unless given a good reason against it.
Obviously enough, the whim of a spoiled princess isn't nowhere near that.
>> No. 3603
[x] Tell Satori about Remilia's plans.
>> No. 3623
File 125937492630.jpg - (136.79KB, 585x800, RS6-4.jpg) [iqdb]
3623
[X] Tell Satori about Remilia's plans.

"I do have a troubled mind, Satori, because I know something I should tell you." You respond. "I know who's the group you're looking for."

Satori ceased playing chess with her partner and looked at you with high interest; her eyes perked up, but her mouth showed a small frown. "That's news to me. Please, explain more to me then."

This should be easy. "There's a person named Remilia who wants to 'turn off' the sun in the city for her selfish needs. Her forces aren't powerful, but I would still advise you to prepare a defense."

"...that is a plan worth taking into account." Satori mumbled.

Her tone is starting to make you worry. Is knowing what the problem's existing physical form is better than the problem staying unknown?

With a scan of your mind, she asserts herself. "Thank you for your information, nonetheless." She's still mumbling, however. "I'll head out and take down the information right away."

Satori opens the door and leaves the room. You finally noticed that the palace had doors that weren't like the doors in the buildings outside... they were hinged and swang open and closed, unlike the sliding doors outside. The fact never did appear to you because you've only opened one door in the palace: the entrance...

The door slammed shut. The cat, meanwhile, turned her head towards you and meowed. Satori had left her chair out when she left to confirm the information. I guess we could...

[ ] Get in the chair and finish the chess game with the cat.
[ ] Follow Satori and try to comfort her.
[ ] Leave the room and investigate elsewhere.

Inventory:
Broken Long Sword (equipped)
Light Steel Armor (equipped)
Three Eye Surcoat
Fur Boots (equipped)
Bottle of Sake (unopened)
Leather Pouch
- 5,900 Yen (1 5,000-yen bill, 4 100-yen coins, 50 10-yen coins)
- Doll Shield Card (1 use)
- "Cell Phone" [|--]
- Empty Paper Bag
- Bento Box (x 2)
- Canned Tea (x 2)
- Doll (x 2)

[ ] Examine ________
[ ] Use ________
>> No. 3624
[x] Get in the chair and finish the chess game with the cat.
[x] Examine Cellphone
>> No. 3625
File 125937590371.png - (53.58KB, 600x800, orin_okuucart.png) [iqdb]
3625
[x] Get in the chair and finish the chess game with the cat.

Yay updates.
>> No. 3628
>[x] Tell Satori about Remilia's pants.
wat
>> No. 3632
[x] Get in the chair and finish the chess game with the cat.

Why not?
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x