[Return]
Archived Thread

File 125597275180.jpg - (947.25KB , 1500x1750 , 3df93c16837258fe15b677f541755230.jpg ) [iqdb]
99511 No. 99511
Continuation of >>98585

When we last left the writefag, he was providing short and uninteresting updates at the speed of a crippled snail due to vague 'real-life problems'. Oh well, them's the breaks.

--------

"Well, no, not really..." While that's an honest answer, you think back on how you could've possibly spent more time with the girl these days than you actually have, and add on:
"...but I was wondering if we could possibly spend some time together. Would you like that?" It's only then that you realize she was about to say something after the first part of your response, only to be interrupted by the follow-up.
"Er, sorry, were you about to say something?"

"N-no! Nothing at all." You can't help but feel she stuttered there, with a sudden inexplicable spike of nervousness in her speech, but... Maybe you're just imagining things. You didn't say anything wrong, now did you? Can't possibly think of a reason for her to be nervous over anything. Disregarding this, you decide to ask her the next logical question.

"So, do you want to?"

"H-huh?"

"Spend time together on the weekend."

"Oh!" Realization dawns upon her, and she once again shoots a pleased smile at you, as if you had given her some sort of gift.
"Yes! Of course." She pauses for a moment to chuckle, which sounds more like she's amused by your questions rather than embarrassed.
"You know I like spending time with you, silly. Why else would I have asked?" Good point, there. Hm, maybe you should've let her ask for herself, there... You do like seeing the girl behave assertively, after all. It'd be nice if she could come out of her sister's shadow one day, wouldn't it? And then, maybe you could get to know the real Flandre a little better.

Assuming the real Flandre isn't this hypothetical 'unstable' monster people keep implying she is, as ridiculous as the notion is. She's just... emotional. Doesn't know her own strength. Right? Right. You don't want to make yourself fear her, after all. She wouldn't do anything to hurt you, anyway, aside from possibly giving you a bit too tight of a hug now and then; worst case scenario, she's going to end up giving you back pains in the future.

"I'm glad, I'm glad. So, what would you want to do? Where would you like to go?"

She ponders the thought for a while, apparently not having planned that far ahead even if she had intended to ask you out, herself. She looks rather... cute, like this. Furrowing her eyebrows in frustration over her own lack of foresight and planning, until smiling widely as she remembers something.
"Hey. How about that adventure you promised we'd go on? Just the two of us. Remember?"

"Heh, already? I made that promise, like... yesterday. You're quite impatient, aren't you?" For a moment, it almost seems as if she took your jesting as genuine scolding, but then she just smirks in response.

"Hey, don't make fun of me, meanie."

...

The math lesson goes by normally, too. That is to say, you keep getting helped by Flandre, who still seems to be in an overly good mood over the vague plans for the weekend you've kinda-sorta just made. Poor Remilia - hopefully, she won't get too freaked out a second time when you take her sister out without her supervision. Sakuya didn't seem to mind the trouble, though... Hm, speaking of Sakuya, didn't she say she wants to give you some sort of 'treat' for bringing Patchouli her medicines yesterday? Maybe you ought to drop by the mansion on the weekend, too, and see just what this 'treat' is...
Speaking of Patchouli, Keine asked her to fill in for her during math class again, and... she seems different today. In a good way! As opposed to her usual manner of sitting at her desk and narrating problems from a book, she's casually walking back and forth in front of the auditorium, explaining the subject at hand, even a vague hint of rising and lowering in her voice, as if she were speaking like a human being with emotions. As she writes problems onto the blackboard, her motions seem somehow faster, more energetic. Well, pretty normal for the average person who's had a good night's sleep and a nice cup of coffee in the morning, but for someone like her? It's like she's possessed. In any case, this makes it easier to follow what she's saying, and not fall asleep during class. Heck, the subject isn't even that difficult to understand, now that she explains it better... Except, this one part here still won't-...

"Wrong." And suddenly, she's leaning over you, staring at your notebook from the opposite side of the desk. The fact that she can read your chicken-scratch upside-down so effortlessly is impressive, to say the least.
"Were you not listening to what I just said? This part over here is completely wrong, and thus you might as well cross out all of the rest as well... Start it over, and do it like this-..."
She explains the process to you once again, and you realize where you've made your mistake; granted, it's not easy to do this sort of thing with those sharp purple eyes gazing down at you like those of a hawk... No, like some sort of divine judicator. Plus, some of the other students snickering at you when Patchouli was pretty much announcing to the entire auditorium how you messed up. Once you finish, she gives you a satisfied not... before flicking you across the forehead with a finger. Ouch!
"Pay attention in class, and you will not have to waste time on solving the same problem twice." To be fair, she has a point... You have a habit of getting absorbed in your mental monologue. Like right now, again.

"Hmm..."

"What is it, Flan?" As Patchouli walks back towards the blackboard to write down the next problems for the students to solve, you hear Flandre emit a curious noise; in response to your question, she merely looks at you with a soft smile.

"Patchouli seems very happy today."

...

"...Really? That's happy? I'd hate to talk to her when she's -cranky-..."

She shakes her head in response, with a giggle, before continuing.
"Don't you see it?"

"See what?"

"She's smiling." ...Seriously? No, now that you look at her there, writing down the problems, stopping to explain the process and what to keep in mind, glancing over the room to make sure nobody's slacking, you can see it too. Her mouth... is a completely straight horizontal line. While for any other person this would look like a dull, bored expression, contrasting it with her usual face leaves no room for doubt; normally, the corners of her mouth are pointed so far downwards it almost gives her the appearance of having a triangle-shaped mouth, as if she's wearing a perpetual scowl. For her, this could almost be considered a cheerful expression; at one point, as she sends a mild glance in your general direction, you swear even her eyes seem less cold than usual. Not by much, but... something is there.

The lesson ends, and it's time for lunch. Or, well, it would be, if you had had the opportunity to bring any along... Despite how refreshed you feel today, the hunger is starting to catch up with you; surely, the usual fatigue you feel lately is not far behind, if you keep starving like this. Maybe Flandre would-...
"Jin. My office. Now."
Huh? Patchouli had appeared right next to you yet again. She's fast today! Without even waiting for you to respond, she heads out of the auditorium with an inhuman haste, sending a mildly annoyed glance in your direction from the door when she noticed you haven't recovered from surprise enough to follow her. Realizing you ought to get moving, you stand up and head after her, hunger and worry slowly robbing the strength from your legs - what the hell did you do wrong this time? You don't even recall doing much of -anything- today. Just before you exit the auditorium, you hear a mocking sing-song voice from behind you call out.

"Hehee, someone's in trouble~"
Glancing over your shoulder, you catch sight of Rumia offering you a thumbs-down with a huge toothy grin, seeming overly amused; you glare daggers back at her for a brief moment, before heading out. Why that little..!
Oh, you're at the door to Patchouli's office already. Steeling yourself for what's to come, you take a deep breath and head inside, instantly enveloped by a familiar scent of lavender and probably-magical substances decked across shelves here and there. The former smell is a little -too- familiar, come to think of it, though you try to ward off any improper thoughts, instead standing in front of the door nervously after closing it, fumbling your fingers behind your back. She's sitting at her desk, reading a nondescript book with unfamiliar symbols on the cover, as is probably usual for her. The lack of windows or electric lights in her room never ceases to perplex you - wouldn't reading in candlelight all the time be bad for one's eyes? But then, youkai appear to usually be nocturnal, so maybe her eyes adjust better to low-light situations than human eyes do...

"Take a seat."
You do as you're told, sitting in the chair opposite of her desk. A disturbingly long moment of silence passes as her eyes flick left and right with improbable speed, dancing across the pages as she absorbs the information contained within, not letting your arrival interrupt her reading in the slightest; even though she's the one that called you here... The seat becomes more and more uncomfortable by the minute, and you can't help but shuffle your legs about a little, finally drawing her attention away from the tome in her hands. She frowns a little, as if you had interrupted her in the middle of something important, before reaching under her desk and producing... a small box?

"Here. I will not allow you to go without sustenance for so long. I have prepared for you a meal that should make up for your lack of nutrient intake since the latter half of yesterday, and provide you with the necessary vitamins, energy, and-..."

Timeskip.

"...to last the remainder of the day." With that, she places the neatly-packed, utterly undecorated box before you. Just like that. Wait, hold the phone - Patchouli prepared lunch for you?

"...Did you cook this?"

She fixes you with yet another 'how stupid' glare, before sighing softly and turning her eyes back to her book.
"Naturally."

"...Thank you." Words cannot express how grateful you are toward her for saving you from a painful death of starvation. Exaggerations aside, you didn't expect her to do something like this for a mere student and understudy.

"You may eat here, if you wish to do so. I do not mind." You look up at her, trying to gauge any hint of emotion in her face as she says this, yet she hides her feelings better than the most lifeless stone. And still, such a kind gesture from someone so emotionless...



[] Eat here, in Patchouli's office.
-{} Awkward silence.
-{} Ask/Talk about something? (...)
[] Eat somewhere else.
-{} Auditorium.
-{} Outside.
-{} (...)
[] Eat with someone else? (...)

>> No. 99516
[x] Thank her for the lunch
[x] Try to find Cirno to eat with if she's not with Flan.

I like this idea better
>> No. 99519
>>99517

I think she knows already (She's a teacher); that and the last time he asked, she told Jin to figure it out for himself.

That and we don't want to look too big of a teacher's pet.
>> No. 99520
[X] Eat here, in Patchouli's office.
-[X] Mention how much more energetic you're feeling today; ask if there's any sort training you could do at home tonight before bed - there's no reason not to get work done when you're feeling so productive.
-[X] If her cooking turns out to be good, remember to compliment her on it.
-[X] Also, don't forget that to mention that it's nice to see her back in school.

That last line, saying that Jin "may eat here." Given how expressive Patchouli is, that's not really just a suggestion. It's as close as she can get to directly requesting that he eat with her.
>> No. 99521
>Hm, maybe you should've let her ask for herself, there... You do like seeing the girl behave assertively, after all. It'd be nice if she could come out of her sister's shadow one day, wouldn't it? And then, maybe you could get to know the real Flandre a little better.
Told you guys.
>> No. 99522
>>99521

That was more of a dammit Taisa than anything, since our votes were meant to be neutral not forcing anything.

I guess then we'll let her lead the way this weekend.
>> No. 99526
>>99522
Damnit Taisa!

Ah well, can't win them all...

If you have some real-life problems disrupting ya, just say so and take care of what needs your attention most. Does you no good if you train wreck yourself both there and here. Take it easy as the saying goes...
>> No. 99527
[X] Eat here, in Patchouli's office.
-[X] Mention how much more energetic you're feeling today; ask if there's any sort training you could do at home tonight before bed - there's no reason not to get work done when you're feeling so productive.
-[X] If her cooking turns out to be good, remember to compliment her on it.
-[X] Also, don't forget that to mention that it's nice to see her back in school.
>> No. 99529
[X] Eat here, in Patchouli's office.
-[X] Mention how much more energetic you're feeling today; ask if there's any sort training you could do at home tonight before bed - there's no reason not to get work done when you're feeling so productive.
-[X] If her cooking turns out to be good, remember to compliment her on it.
-[X] Also, don't forget that to mention that it's nice to see her back in school.

Jin is FAR behind in his training thanks to that time were he mind-crushed Patchouli. I believe that, somehow, those skills will be quite necessary someday, either to protect his life (Rumia) or someone else's.
Jin can't depend on others forever.
>> No. 99531
[X] Eat here, in Patchouli's office.
-[X] Mention how much more energetic you're feeling today; ask if there's any sort training you could do at home tonight before bed - there's no reason not to get work done when you're feeling so productive.
-[X] If her cooking turns out to be good, remember to compliment her on it.
-[X] Also, don't forget that to mention that it's nice to see her back in school.
>> No. 99533
[X] Eat here, in Patchouli's office.
-[X] Mention how much more energetic you're feeling today; ask if there's any sort training you could do at home tonight before bed - there's no reason not to get work done when you're feeling so productive.
-[X] If her cooking turns out to be good, remember to compliment her on it.
-[X] Also, don't forget that to mention that it's nice to see her back in school.
>> No. 99534
[X] Thank her for the lunch
[X] Try to find Cirno to eat with if she's not with Flan.
>> No. 99535
>>99529

This isn't an adventure thing, more of a high school thing, and if your vote wins, you had better vote for the book club after school.

But it's this kind of 'trainan games' crap that ended up giving mixed messages.

But we need to spend some time with Flan and Cirno today. (Since it's obvious that at the moment, Cirno isn't thinking that highly of us, something potentially very detrimental to our blooming relationship with Flan.)

Am I the only person who remembers what a key role the girl's best friend plays? If she doesn't like you, she will make it difficult for you to make any progress. But if you're in her good graces, you can't ask for a better person to talk to concerning her.

Chances are this will earn Jin some more teacher's pet remarks.
>> No. 99536
>>99535
>Chances are this will earn Jin some more teacher's pet remarks.

How? It's not like anyone else is here to see.

Aside from that, you need to calm down. Honestly, your single-minded insistence on following Flan to the point of being willing to sabotage Jin's other relationships, and ignore his own development is a bigger argument against voting with you than anything the other side has said. Take it easy~.
>> No. 99537
[B] Thank her for the lunch
[B] Try to find Cirno to eat with if she's not with Flan.
>> No. 99538
>>99536

Rumia was outside while Jin was on his way, and knowing her she'd spy and start running her mouth.

That and Taisa went as so far as to toss us obvious signs that we're too scattered in our focused (Remilia talking about mixed messages, Cirno's reaction to telling Flan we wouldn't be coming to the book club that day)

But you folks are acting like he has to fight some nigh-unstoppable force eventfully as opposed to deal with an unruly little maneater that's a stage 1 boss.

I'm suggesting some bridge fixing at the moment before returning to a normal schedule.
>> No. 99539
>>Jin is FAR behind in his training thanks to that time were he mind-crushed Patchouli. I believe that, somehow, those skills will be quite necessary someday, either to protect his life (Rumia) or someone else's.

I disagree. The day after he accidentally broke Patchy, he figured out how to properly shoot just fine in his duel with Rumia. More than that, he even successfully created a brand new spell card completely on-the-spot.

Not that training with Patchouli doesn't still have its benefits, but as you say, he can't depend on others forever, not even her.

As for protecting someone else, who might that be? Just about everyone he knows is naturally faster, stronger, more powerful, and better able to shrug off damage that would be fatal for Jin. The only ones who might not be, that I can think of, are Jin's host family. But, frankly, if you're worried about them, then maybe you shouldn't be leaving them alone for so long while there's a man-eating youki living under their roof?
>> No. 99541
>>99539
>More than that, he even successfully created a brand new spell card completely on-the-spot.

He did do this only by draining power from the philosopher's stone Patchouli gave him. Can he even manage a proper duel on his own if the stone becomes fully drained at some point? It's not like he was taught how to recharge the thing.
>> No. 99543
>I'm suggesting some bridge fixing at the moment before returning to a normal schedule.

We already did that. Jin went with her to Eintei yesterday, her first adventure without her sister and the first sign for her that she may meant more than a friend to Jin ('As close as my girlfriend as it can get' remember?) And he just (as in, two hours ago?) said that he wanted to spend more time with her on the weekends, which made her really happy by the way, and planned some kind of trip immediately afterwards.
Whatever mixed messages he may have sent in the past, those are steps on the right direction.

Now, why the hell are you still complaining? You want to stop Jin from doing anything with anyone else? You want to destroy what little social live he created so far? For god's sake, are you saying that he can't spend -one- lunch break without speaking or talking to Flandre? It's like he has a reverse restraining order or something.
>> No. 99544
>>99538

Rumia, along with everyone else, assumed he was in trouble. That seems to be the end of it. Besides, I doubt Rumia would tell anyone - she seems to enjoy privately tormenting him over humiliating him.

>Remilia talking about mixed messages

... we're the ones who told her we had mixed feelings, and apologized for possibly sending mixed messages before she even really brought it up in those words. You're just reading into things what you want to be there.

>Cirno's reaction to telling Flan we wouldn't be coming to the book club that day

That's just Cirno being Cirno. She's overprotective of her friends, and not terribly bright, though not a blithering moron either. Again, you're reading too far into this.

You really don't need to get so worked up over all this. Even the folks who still want to go to Music Club after school conceded that it would be alright to invite Flan along - might even be good for her to learn what interests Jin has outside of books. Letting the girl learn a few things isn't bad, especially when we'll be hanging out with her after school tomorrow, and over the whole weekend.

In the meantime, we're being presented with a rare opportunity to speak with our mentor on more even terms, and we're in a far better condition for doing some training than we have ever been; there's no reason to squander opportunities this rare. Being close to our mentor is a good thing, both because she's a nice young woman worthy of our respect and friendship, and because she's someone we can count on down the line. We could use the additional skills from further training, too, as we barely got through a two-card duel without becoming exhausted, and we needed assistance just to do that. There may not be any immediate threats to us, but it always pays to be cautious in Gensokyo.
>> No. 99546
[X] Thank her for the lunch
[X] Try to find Cirno to eat with if she's not with Flan.
>> No. 99547
[X] Eat here, in Patchouli's office.
-[X] Mention how much more energetic you're feeling today; ask if there's any sort training you could do at home tonight before bed - there's no reason not to get work done when you're feeling so productive.
-[X] If her cooking turns out to be good, remember to compliment her on it.
-[X] Also, don't forget that to mention that it's nice to see her back in school.

Good.
>> No. 99549
On one side, I can't possibly see how Jin WONT feel utterly awkward, considering what he did with Patchy.
While on the other side, as one person has pointed out, Patchy seems to be subtly requesting he eat with her, rather than making a suggestion.
A tough choice, indeed.
>> No. 99550
>>99522
>That was more of a dammit Taisa than anything, since our votes were meant to be neutral not forcing anything.

The write-in specifically mentioned suggesting that you'd like to spend some time with her, whereas the 'laze about at home' option did no such thing.
>> No. 99551
It's official. Jin's penis is magical. We must share this gift with the rest of Gensokyo.
>> No. 99552
>>99543
>>99543

The point isn't so much Flan but Cirno. Sure she isn't too bright, but as Flan's best friend, who do you think she'd listen to about guy advice? Sure it doesn't make sense, but if Cirno wanted to, she could start to shoot Jin down in his attempts.

And Remilia asked him the question because she noticed about sending mixed messages, hence why she wanted to clear things up with us. And we can't exactly dismiss Cirno as completely stupid; look at Rumia (another infamous moron in fanon) is in this. Cirno may not have good grades, but chances are she can pick up on a guy that seems to be jerking around her newfound yet naive friend.

And it could be a chance to see how Cirno's connected to our spiteful 'little sister' and Mystia.
>> No. 99553
>>99552
>who do you think she'd listen to about guy advice?

Actually, I'd think that she would sooner go to Remilia, or one of the mansion residents; and that's assuming she wouldn't try to just figure it out on her own, given her drive for exploration. Especially considering that she's normally the one tutoring Cirno - their relationship is such that Cirno is more likely to ask Flan about things than for it to go the other way around. You're not dealing with ordinary girls, buddy.
>> No. 99554
[X] Thank her for the lunch
[X] Try to find Cirno to eat with if she's not with Flan.
>> No. 99555
>>99552
>jerking around her newfound yet naive friend.

We're not doing that, though. Not even remotely. Just because we don't spend every waking moment with the girl doesn't mean we're jerking her around, it just means that we're not clingy.
>> No. 99556
>>99553

But Cirno's been out in the world much longer than Flan has. Chances are in her 60+ years Cirno's seen a nice amount of things.

We don't know how Flan is towards most of the others than her sister.

we don't have to worry about Remilia much, but sometimes a girl might prefer a friend to one's sister, especially if said sister is more outgoing and popular than her, or might like the boy in question herself.

If that's so, then she'd fall back to the best friend, regardless of qualifications of said friend.


>>99555

I never said Cirno would be that bright, just not particularly stupid. She would draw from the conclusion of how rarely we visit the club (due to various OTHER things) and when we do stop by it's to tell her we won't be here; Cirno sees her sad face and jumps to the conclusion that Jin's yanking her chain.

Thus the need to reassure her that it's not just that.

And damage control isn't being clingy. The sooner we smooth over Cirno's ruffled feathers, the sooner we can get back to a normal schedule with things.
>> No. 99557
[X] Thank her for the lunch
[X] Try to find Cirno to eat with if she's not with Flan.
>> No. 99558
>>99556

Yeah, but is Flan likely to trust the conclusions of Cirno, especially when Flan herself knows that we spend time with her outside of school? I mean, we just invited her out for the weekend after spending a goodly portion of yesterday evening with her, and part of that alone, so it seems a little unlikely that she's just suddenly going to go "oh my gods, Cirno is right, I have to break him now." You're being way too paranoid about this.

If it means that much to you, sort it out during club time today or tomorrow, but don't go throwing out rare opportunities like the one in front of us. Especially when it's kind of a jerk thing to do.
>> No. 99559
[X] Eat here, in Patchouli's office.
-[X] Mention how much more energetic you're feeling today; ask if there's any sort training you could do at home tonight before bed - there's no reason not to get work done when you're feeling so productive.
-[X] If her cooking turns out to be good, remember to compliment her on it.
-[X] Also, don't forget that to mention that it's nice to see her back in school.
>> No. 99561
>>99558

As far as how the after school part goes, if the patchy vote won, I'd aim for the club, but then there'd the folks who go "Music club drep"

But it was both these lines of things that end up getting cirno peeved and Remilia asking our about our mixed messages.

And whoever says "It pays to be cautious in Gensokyo"; it easily applies to social dynamics.

But in combat, there isn't a big rush at the moment to get stronger, no real enemies to fight, and Rumia's in a position that we can wait some before taking her on again. And it's true I think even Rumia and Cirno outdo Jin in general combat, and anything that can outfit them don't have an interest in seeing Jin dead.
>> No. 99566
>>99561

Hey, I'm one of the folks who still wants to hit the Music Club after school, but even I was willing to compromise and invite Flan and Cirno along to see just what it is we do in the other club. In point of fact, that could be a good way to resolve any trouble with Cirno, assuming she hangs out with Mystia like commonly is portrayed as doing - I doubt she'd be nearly as upset if she knew we had promised to help another friend of hers, and were actively sticking to that while trying to balance our time. Plus, it could give Flan some insight into Jin's other interests.

As for cautious behavior and social dynamics, understand that there's a difference between being cautious and being paranoid. You guys are too focused on single, potential issues, and not on what's in front of you. For example, in this situation, you lot are voting for what amounts to "accept a handmade lunch from a girl, then ditch her lunch invitation to go look for a friend of a friend, who may possibly cause you some relationship issues," which is about as big a jackass move and social faux pas as you could possibly make. Especially when the woman you're passing up is both a close personal friend, and a close friend of the person who you're worrying about your relationship with.

As far as combat goes, remember that Danmaku is practically a greeting as far as Gensokyo is concerned. And that we're going to be heading off, unsupervised with Flan, for gods only know where. In a land that has landsharks.
>> No. 99569
[X] Eat here, in Patchouli's office.
-[X] Mention how much more energetic you're feeling today; ask if there's any sort training you could do at home tonight before bed - there's no reason not to get work done when you're feeling so productive.
-[X] If her cooking turns out to be good, remember to compliment her on it.
-[X] Also, don't forget that to mention that it's nice to see her back in school.

Take me now, teacher.

>>99511
>It's only then that you realize she was about to say something after the first part of your response, only to be interrupted by the follow-up.
>"Er, sorry, were you about to say something?"
So much for getting her to be more confident.

>Hm, maybe you should've let her ask for herself, there... You do like seeing the girl behave assertively, after all. It'd be nice if she could come out of her sister's shadow one day, wouldn't it? And then, maybe you could get to know the real Flandre a little better.
...Goddammit.
I'm not sure I'm happy about being proven right.
>> No. 99570
[X] Eat here, in Patchouli's office.
-[X] Mention how much more energetic you're feeling today; ask if there's any sort training you could do at home tonight before bed - there's no reason not to get work done when you're feeling so productive.
-[X] If her cooking turns out to be good, remember to compliment her on it.
-[X] Also, don't forget that to mention that it's nice to see her back in school.
>> No. 99572
>>99569

I suspect Taisa did that on purpose to troll the Flan fans.

And I doubt Patchy would go about ravaging us during lunch.
>> No. 99573
>>99572
see
>>99550
>> No. 99574
>>99572
>I suspect Taisa did that on purpose to show the Flandrefags where they're going wrong.
>> No. 99575
[X] Eat here, in Patchouli's office.
-[X] Mention how much more energetic you're feeling today; ask if there's any sort training you could do at home tonight before bed - there's no reason not to get work done when you're feeling so productive.
-[X] If her cooking turns out to be good, remember to compliment her on it.
-[X] Also, don't forget that to mention that it's nice to see her back in school.

Jin = Dad
Patchy = Mom
Flan = Daughter

This is the only path.
>> No. 99577
>For example, in this situation, you lot are voting for what amounts to "accept a handmade lunch from a girl, then ditch her lunch invitation to go look for a friend of a friend, who may possibly cause you some relationship issues," which is about as big a jackass move and social faux pas as you could possibly make. Especially when the woman you're passing up is both a close personal friend, and a close friend of the person who you're worrying about your relationship with.

Yes, this sums it all up. No need to be an ass here.
>> No. 99579
[X] Eat here, in Patchouli's office.
-[X] Mention how much more energetic you're feeling today; ask if there's any sort training you could do at home tonight before bed - there's no reason not to get work done when you're feeling so productive.
-[X] If her cooking turns out to be good, remember to compliment her on it.
-[X] Also, don't forget that to mention that it's nice to see her back in school.

Well, the fact that you get the most votes out of any story here on THP should cheer you up at least partially.
>> No. 99580
>I was willing to compromise and invite Flan and Cirno along to see just what it is we do in the other club.
Holy fuck on a shithole, I forgot about this.
Has Flandre ever heard Jin playing the guitar? If Mystia and Rumia were in awe for 'Smoke in the water' then Flandre will pass out or something.
Also your 'showing his other interests to Flan' argument is solid. Not bad.
>> No. 99581
>>99573

How would we supposed to know that!? Since most of figured if we said we had no plans, either Flan'd hastily blurt out something or give up detected. (And knowing the author's habits of trolling he might have done just that)

>>99575

What I see is this
>Tsunami pissan games
>> No. 99582
>>99580

Yes that arguement is as it's said in Pokemon: SUPER EFFECTIVE!

It's one of the things that convinced me to change my mind. (That and >>99577 )

Let's hope Taisa doesn't troll us again.
>> No. 99583
>>99575
>Jin = Dad
>Patchy = Mom
>Flan = Daughter

Won't this be incest then? Plus, i wonder if Patchy can have children. Sakuya can have them, Remilia and Fladnre can't, but i am not sure about her.
Maybe Eirin can help, i am sure she could make something to get Vampires pregnant..... and older.
>> No. 99586
File 125598965539.jpg - (236.59KB , 1440x900 , 13897593753935.jpg ) [iqdb]
99586
>>99582
>> No. 99587
[X] Eat here, in Patchouli's office.
-[X] Mention how much more energetic you're feeling today; ask if there's any sort training you could do at home tonight before bed - there's no reason not to get work done when you're feeling so productive.
-[X] If her cooking turns out to be good, remember to compliment her on it.
-[X] Also, don't forget that to mention that it's nice to see her back in school.

If this somehow impedes the progress or damages progress already made towards a Flan route, things could get bad.
>> No. 99588
>To those who want to take Flandre to the music club.

Flandre + Rumia = ????
>> No. 99589
[X] Eat here, in Patchouli's office.
-[X] Mention how much more energetic you're feeling today; ask if there's any sort training you could do at home tonight before bed - there's no reason not to get work done when you're feeling so productive.
-[X] If her cooking turns out to be good, remember to compliment her on it.
-[X] Also, don't forget that to mention that it's nice to see her back in school.

>>99588
Flandre + Cirno = ????
>> No. 99590
>>99587

Yes but to make up for it, we should take Cirno and Flan with us to Music club if not a book club day today.

Since I think we should make some effort towards fixing the bridge with Cirno, perhaps not now, but today.

>Plus, i wonder if Patchy can have children.

It's like I'm really reading CLANNAD again!
>> No. 99591
>>99588
>Flandre + Rumia = ????

Flandre + Rumia = >>/gensokyo/1837
>> No. 99592
I'm gonna have to vote

[X] Eat here, in Patchouli's office.
-[X] Mention how much more energetic you're feeling today; ask if there's any sort training you could do at home tonight before bed - there's no reason not to get work done when you're feeling so productive.
-[X] If her cooking turns out to be good, remember to compliment her on it.
-[X] Also, don't forget that to mention that it's nice to see her back in school.
[x] Make a note to either go to the book club or take Flan and Cirno with to the music club.

with the added bit on the end, because of the points previously stated for such action.
>> No. 99593
>>99590
>It's like I'm really reading CLANNAD again!
So i am not the only one who thinks this. The whole Music club etc always gives me that feeling. Now we only need Flandre to die and some awesome parents and we have it all.
>> No. 99594
>>99593

That was more about the ever frail Patchouli giving birth and croaking, KEY style. (In this case she'd have KEYAIDS)

But this has some of the best parts of CLANNAD (I.e. the no-cheap-bawl parts)
>> No. 99597
File 125599134524.jpg - (76.31KB , 500x625 , a17e5ab910cde0a44568bb7df5eb67b5.jpg ) [iqdb]
99597
You guys are retarded, Patchy's daughter is fine. See, look.
>> No. 99598
[X] Eat here, in Patchouli's office.
-[X] Mention how much more energetic you're feeling today; ask if there's any sort training you could do at home tonight before bed - there's no reason not to get work done when you're feeling so productive.
-[X] If her cooking turns out to be good, remember to compliment her on it.
-[X] Also, don't forget that to mention that it's nice to see her back in school.
>> No. 99599
>>99594
Someone needs to post the pregnant Patchy end from IRC.
>> No. 99601
File 125599166161.jpg - (246.77KB , 640x480 , Halaster.jpg ) [iqdb]
99601
Once upon a time, Flandre turned into a vampire.
Just to follow the sister she admire.
The youngest in age, yet strongest in power.
Jealousy grown in her sister, like wicked flower.

Her skills were unique: to know and change fate.
Yet the visions were clouded, served only to agitate.
Would her only family simply decide,
to leave her being, to set her aside?

Scarlet Flandre was a peculiar being.
A sage and a kid, forever changing.
No murder nor destruction, she always prefered,
The stars and the skies, to sit and observe.

Remilia's great paranoia and fear,
Finally grew too big to bear.
And into a dungeon her sister was sent,
Her plants and animals were bricks and cement.

Flandre endured, as long as she could.
Her mood and powers, misunderstood.
The little vampire's will fade, as all things do,
For her freedom she would, her sister subdue.

No walls no doors, could stop her escape,
Her sister's guards watched, their mouth agape.
Remilia was informed, decided to make her stand.
With her powers and partners, her surrender she'd demand.

Passion and anger gained war to reason,
Each side accusing, the other of treason.
The words surrendered, the battle raged,
Tepe's descendants, in battle engaged.

Despite her power and abilities,
Exceeded were, her capabilities.
Although many of her foes were slain,
She was overwhelmed, tired and in pain.

She was chained then, her powers sealed,
The true scope of her rampage, crudely revealed
Her sister's friends, from the floor were carried,
Most of them already, dead and buried.

The dead were their family, enriched her youth,
and now they were dead, it was the cold hard truth.
If her powers were so huge, that escaped her control,
wasn't she better alone, restrained in a ditry hole?

So then she was hidden, like old books in a shelf,
Without the moon and starts, she started to lose her self.
Memories of her life, were forever lost,
For her sister's happiness, she'd pay any cost.

But no matter what they say, that is not so.
For this end only brought, despair and snow.
Lost were for Remilia, memories of the fight.
Yet her sister's smile was always on her sight.

'For the safety of all, what I did was best';
That belief shattered, by the pain in her chest.
Her feelings were dark, her mood depressed,
'My Flan should now, my self detest'

The smaller scarlet, remembers all said here.
She doesn't care, her sister still holds dear.
Nothing special, give her pointless chatter;
Anything to make her loneliness scatter.

'One day she will come, of that I'm sure'
Her mind is twisted, her soul still pure.
Will her iron will, receive its reward?
Will their blood bond, be finally restored?

Of the final result, nothing I can tell;
Rest is up to you, I bid you farewell.
For this' your duty now, Go! Work's pending.
I hope you succeed, they deserve a happy ending.

>> No. 99602
File 125599223550.jpg - (202.17KB , 625x500 , 1219681306303.jpg ) [iqdb]
99602
>>99601
What the fuck is this, your english homework?
>> No. 99603
>>99601
For cripes' sake, keep ahold of your commas.

And don't get me started on your meter (tangled up the wazoo) or your syntax (murdered with a blunt instrument).

Damn it, I blame the Plain White T's. "Even more in love with me you'd fall"? Argh. Argh, argh, argh.
>> No. 99604
>>99601
I am a science major. Your poetry bores me.
>> No. 99622
>>99589
>Flandre + Cirno = Best Friends
>Flandre + Rumia = Kyuu!
>> No. 99624
Not sure if Jin remembers it, but I suggest this be added to the "eat with Patchy" votes if so -

[X] Mention the dream you had last night
>> No. 99625
>>99622

Cirno might end up keeping the peace of the room. (of course we'd take her with us as to smooth things over)
>> No. 99627
>>99624
I agree. I add this to my vote.
>> No. 99629
[✠] Eat here, in Patchouli's office.
-[✠] Mention how much more energetic you're feeling today; ask if there's any sort training you could do at home tonight before bed - there's no reason not to get work done when you're feeling so productive.
-[✠] Mention the dream you had last night
-[✠] If her cooking turns out to be good, remember to compliment her on it.
-[✠] Also, don't forget that to mention that it's nice to see her back in school.
>> No. 99635
Just a heads-up but... you guys remember that we swore to make a portrait of every girl in Gensokyo right? I, for one, want to follow this oath.
>> No. 99640
>>99635

What, really? Was this made in discussion between updates, or did I just totally miss this?
>> No. 99644
>>99635
I am highly doubting that we agreed to anything like this, I think I'm gonna require proof here.
>> No. 99646
>>99640

I think it was a purely a comment made in discussion, since it's highly impractical and nearly impossible to do.
>> No. 99648
>>99646
Yeah, it was a comment made in discussion, after making Remi's portrait.
I still think it's a good idea, we should make, at least, Rumia (nude) Mystia, Remilia (Jin promised) Patchy (moeee) Sakuya and, of course, Flandre's.
>> No. 99650
>>99648

that sounds nice and all, but one problem: A nude Rumia portrait will cause some problems if it ever gets out in the hands of ANYONE, especially Rumia. (That and I'm not sure if she's even too fond of the idea outside of it being a way to spite Jin)
>> No. 99657
>>99635
let's aim a little higher.

nude portrait of every girl in gensokyo!
>> No. 99663
If Flandre is supposed to be the insane, unstable sister. How come Remilia is the one with problems controlling her actions?
>> No. 99664
>>99663

I think most of the time Flan's pretty in control of her, especially compared to the past, but if she's pushed far enough.... bad things happen.

Remilia in this in contrast isn't one to go nuclear, but is so overprotective of her sister, she overreacts, but still manages to restrain herself. Growing pains are a pain indeed (in terms of seeing your little sister slowly grow up and move out from under your shadow.)
>> No. 99665
>>99663
Irony.
>> No. 99666
>>99664

I'll be kind of disappointed if Flandre doesn't go nuclear at least once.
>> No. 99668
>>99667

Jin focuses most of his time on Flandre.
>> No. 99669
>>99667

We're trying to cut down on such things happening, though certain people won't make it easy.

But I think the last one was considered minor compared to other ones in the past.
>> No. 99671
>>99663
Consider how long we've known them, and how minuscule that period of time is compared to the centuries they've been alive.

Consider how much you know about someone just from meeting them for a few minutes out of a day. They might usually be the nicest person there is, yet if that second you know them they're in a very bad mood, you might think they're a total asshole. On the other hand, someone who you've only seen be completely pleasant and nice in just the few moments you've known them, for all you know they're really a complete and total psychopath who keeps bodies in their freezer most of the time.

...makes me kind of curious what it was that Flandre was so quick to hide in that chained-up closet of hers. Especially since Patchouli seemed to have some vague idea what it might have been.
>> No. 99673
So as not to flood out Taisa's will to write, I believe more votes are in order.

[+] Eat here, in Patchouli's office.
-[+] Mention how much more energetic you're feeling today; ask if there's any sort training you could do at home tonight before bed - there's no reason not to get work done when you're feeling so productive.
-[+] Mention the dream you had last night
-[+] If her cooking turns out to be good, remember to compliment her on it.
-[+] Also, don't forget that to mention that it's nice to see her back in school.
>> No. 99676
[x] Thank her for the lunch
[x] Try to find Cirno to eat with if she's not with Flan.
>> No. 99677
[x] Thank her for the lunch
[x] Try to find Cirno to eat with if she's not with Flan.
>> No. 99679
[x] Eat here, in Patchouli's office.
-[x] Mention how much more energetic you're feeling today; ask if there's any sort training you could do at home tonight before bed - there's no reason not to get work done when you're feeling so productive.
-[x] Mention the dream you had last night
-[x] If her cooking turns out to be good, remember to compliment her on it.
-[x] Also, don't forget that to mention that it's nice to see her back in school.
>> No. 99680
You guys need to stop forgetting this part of the vote.

>[x] Make a note to either go to the book club or take Flan and Cirno with to the music club.

I'd say its pretty important.
>> No. 99681
>>99680

Yes and This is from a guy to changed the lunch with Cirno vote to Lunch with patchy.

That and music club with them two would be time better spent than ditching our teacher/first time and having a short lunch period.
>> No. 99682
[X] Eat here, in Patchouli's office.
-[X] Talk about Rumia, her other two attempts on your life, your duel, your new relationship as "friendly rivals/siblings/whatever the hell you are", and how she has now taken up residence in your room at home.

Just talking about training is boring, complimenting her cooking will probably be regarded as "unnecessary" (especially if she places more importance on the nutritional value of the meal rather than deliciousness) by her, and telling her how nice it is to see her back also seems a little unnecessary to say considering just how much you've clearly done for (and with) her to get her back there.

She's made it clear how much she hates not knowing things, and considering just how much has happened while she was out, there are more than a couple things she does not know.

Which do you think she would be more interested in hearing, some new information she has not been privy to, or needless flattery?
>> No. 99684
[X] Eat here, in Patchouli's office.
-[X] Talk about Rumia, her other two attempts on your life, your duel, your new relationship as "friendly rivals/siblings/whatever the hell you are", and how she has now taken up residence in your room at home.
-[x] Perhaps talk to her about Flan's time outside the mansion
[x] Make note to either go to the book club or take Flan and Cirno with you to music club after school.

Changing my vote again.
>> No. 99686
[x] Thank her for the lunch
[x] Try to find Cirno to eat with if she's not with Flan.
>> No. 99688
[X] Eat here, in Patchouli's office.
-[X] Talk about Rumia, her other two attempts on your life, your duel, your new relationship as "friendly rivals/siblings/whatever the hell you are", and how she has now taken up residence in your room at home.
-[x] Perhaps talk to her about Flan's time outside the mansion
[x] Make note to either go to the book club or take Flan and Cirno with you to music club after school.
>> No. 99690
[x] Thank her for the lunch
[x] Try to find Cirno to eat with if she's not with Flan.
>> No. 99691
[X] Eat here, in Patchouli's office.
-[X] Talk about Rumia, her other two attempts on your life, your duel, your new relationship as "friendly rivals/siblings/whatever the hell you are", and how she has now taken up residence in your room at home.
-[x] Perhaps talk to her about Flan's time outside the mansion
[x] Make note to either go to the book club or take Flan and Cirno with you to music club after school.

Works for me~!
>> No. 99692
[x] Eat here, in Patchouli's office.
-[x] Mention how much more energetic you're feeling today; ask if there's any sort training you could do at home tonight before bed - there's no reason not to get work done when you're feeling so productive.
-[x] Talk about Rumia, her other two attempts on your life, your duel, your new relationship as "friendly rivals/siblings/whatever the hell you are", and how she has now taken up residence in your room at home.
-[x] Whether her cooking is good or bad, tell her it's good anyway.
-[x] Also, don't forget that to mention that it's nice to see her back in school.
-[x] Perhaps talk to her about Flan's time outside the mansion
[x] Make note to either go to the book club or take Flan and Cirno with you to music club after school.

Combining into clusterfuck.
>> No. 99695
>>99682

Complimenting her cooking should only take a few seconds; I don't see any real reason not to, if it does indeed turn out to be good.

While she might respond with an annoyed glare and say it's unnecessary, I'd like to believe that somewhere deep down she'd appreciate it. I mean, haven't we been doing a lot of nice, unnecessary things for her recently anyway? As a result, she's beginning to appear much warmer in her own subtle ways, and even Flandre seems to be happy that Patchy is happy.

Then again it's probably due to the fact that Patchy just hasn't had a good mana transfer in ages. Regardless:

[X] Eat here, in Patchouli's office.
-[X] Talk about Rumia, her other two attempts on your life, your duel, your new relationship as "friendly rivals/siblings/whatever the hell you are", and how she has now taken up residence in your room at home.
-[x] If her cooking turns out to be good, remember to compliment her on it.
-[x] Perhaps talk to her about Flan's time outside the mansion
-[x] Also, don't forget that to mention that it's nice to see her back in school.
[x] Make note to either go to the book club or take Flan and Cirno with you to music club after school.
>> No. 99696
Can't delete >>99569 , so re-voting to add on the new good stuff

>[x] Eat here, in Patchouli's office.
-[x] Mention how much more energetic you're feeling today; ask if there's any sort training you could do at home tonight before bed - there's no reason not to get work done when you're feeling so productive.
-[x] Talk about Rumia, her other two attempts on your life, your duel, your new relationship as "friendly rivals/siblings/whatever the hell you are", and how she has now taken up residence in your room at home.
-[x] Whether her cooking is good or bad, tell her it's good anyway.
-[x] Also, don't forget that to mention that it's nice to see her back in school.
-[x] Perhaps talk to her about Flan's time outside the mansion
[x] Make note to either go to the book club or take Flan and Cirno with you to music club after school.

Still would like teacher to take me now.
>> No. 99705
>[x] Eat here, in Patchouli's office.
-[x] Mention how much more energetic you're feeling today; ask if there's any sort training you could do at home tonight before bed - there's no reason not to get work done when you're feeling so productive.
-[x] Talk about Rumia, her other two attempts on your life, your duel, your new relationship as "friendly rivals/siblings/whatever the hell you are", and how she has now taken up residence in your room at home.
-[x] If the food is good, compliment her.
-[x] Also, don't forget that to mention that it's nice to see her back in school.
-[x] Perhaps talk to her about Flan's time outside the mansion
[x] Make note to either go to the book club or take Flan and Cirno with you to music club after school.
>> No. 99709
[X] >>99692

If Taisa can fit all of this in, then I say go for it.
If he can't, I say fit in what seems more important.
>> No. 99720
>>99709
Yes, well... Site downtime shenanigans.

I'll check votes and update tomorrow.
>> No. 99726
>>99720
I am only glad that it is tomorrow in 44 minutes.
>> No. 99732
>>99550

As the author of that write-in, I must confess tht it didn't go as well as I hoped. The idea I had was of making a mix of "No, I don't have any plans" with "Whatever you suggest, I accept". Maybe I should have said this when I did the write-in?

But then again, my greatest objective was to make sure we have some quality time with Flan during the weekends, so this wasn't entirely bad.
>> No. 99734
>>99695
We're still complimenting her. I meant it as that clichéd, manly "WE MUST ENDURE!"

Even if it's purple and has lizard heads sticking out of it; even if it's burnt, stinks, and has an unnatural mosaic that floats around the dish that shouldn't exist in reality; even if it kills our taste buds and makes us sick to the point of us passing out (again) - we must choke back the tears, tell her it's delicious, and FINISH IT ALL.

Then men across the globe will feel the sudden urge to have a moment of silence to salute their fallen brethren.

Sage because this really is horrible.
>> No. 99735
File 125607834345.jpg - (1.25MB , 1444x1610 , 93b41a0f55ef74119501d3c19127d5c2.jpg ) [iqdb]
99735
Sometimes i want a Flandre like this.
>> No. 99738
File 125607986433.png - (1.12MB , 1280x960 , 891085cad3e05768dc66f6dc8e0492e109bc1917.png ) [iqdb]
99738
>>99735
>> No. 99740
>>99732

Yeah we knew where you were going, but apparently the author had other plans.

But yes it went rather well all in all.

But how were we supposed to know that Flan wouldn't just give up if Jin said "just lazing around home"?

And I kinda doubt the compliments would amount to much, she's not someone to get too caught up in such things, especially not on school grounds. But hey, Why the hell not?
>> No. 99741
[x] Eat here, in Patchouli's office.
-[x] Mention how much more energetic you're feeling today; ask if there's any sort training you could do at home tonight before bed - there's no reason not to get work done when you're feeling so productive.
-[x] Talk about Rumia, her other two attempts on your life, your duel, your new relationship as "friendly rivals/siblings/whatever the hell you are", and how she has now taken up residence in your room at home.
-[x] Whether her cooking is good or bad, tell her it's good anyway.
-[x] Also, don't forget that to mention that it's nice to see her back in school.
-[x] Perhaps talk to her about Flan's time outside the mansion
[x] Make note to either go to the book club or take Flan and Cirno with you to music club after school.
>> No. 99745
File 12560847298.jpg - (189.59KB , 1381x701 , flan7.jpg ) [iqdb]
99745
>>99738
>> No. 99760
>>99745
>normally, the corners of her mouth are pointed so far downwards it almost gives her the appearance of having a triangle-shaped mouth, as if she's wearing a perpetual scowl.

Yeah, this may look even cute when you imagine it in anime style, but imagining it as if it was a real person is too frightening.
>> No. 99765
>>99760

That's how Imagine GH and many other stories; anime style.
>> No. 99769
>>99765
Actually? that's how I imagine Gensokyo: Anime style.
It may be weird but hey! All I've seen of it are drawings (except for the Hakurei Shrine, of course)
>> No. 99780
File 125609582212.jpg - (17.59KB , 420x301 , angela_merkel.jpg ) [iqdb]
99780
>>99760
Yeah, scary.
Though this isn't exactly an triangle.
>> No. 99781
>>99745
DAT ASS
>> No. 99787
File 125609628958.jpg - (76.91KB , 1000x740 , 41585f0f5a3d64f5abfcc9eb21a1e410.jpg ) [iqdb]
99787
>>99781
>> No. 99821
Writing begins.

And no, I'm not slowing down to an update-every-other-day schedule, damn it. Yesterday's pause doesn't count.
>> No. 99831
>>99821
Well... the site DID go down for a few hours... Yeah, you're off the hook.

For now
>> No. 99834
>>99787
DEM LEGS
>> No. 99847
>>99745

That's not really erotic enough for the NSFW tag. It's more of an artistic drawing than anything else.

Kinda like painting with nude models. It's the same thing.
>> No. 99853
>>99847
I thought so too... but I didn't want to take risks.
I kind of like that pic.
>> No. 99863
File 125616638417.jpg - (202.87KB , 600x600 , 3c2083bab51da561820733f356076182.jpg ) [iqdb]
99863
>>99853
Yeah, Mods are mean around here.... and they scare you.
>> No. 99864
File 12561665448.jpg - (734.86KB , 2893x4092 , 0d0eb1d208af6b12b68375f2aadab02b.jpg ) [iqdb]
99864
Well, if she's offering... Might as well stick around, no? It's not like you've got anywhere else you need to be right now, after all. Plus, sitting here in her office with her is surprisingly relaxing, compared to whatever unpredictable shenanigans you'd get involved in the moment you stepped outside. You really should be feeling more awkward about being around Patchouli today, but... No regrets, right? If anything, you've become closer as friends after all that's happened between you two. Disregarding the thought of whether or not you would, should, or would be allowed to do the same for her in the unlikely event that a similar situation should present itself in the future, you decide to shrug off all your worries and dig in - whatever it is that she's gone through the trouble of preparing for you, you're not about to be ungrateful.

Of course, your eagerness is stunted a little bit as you open the box, laying eyes on the... Well, what is that, exactly? These over here look like strange little cuboid-shape things, their surface powdery and slightly hard, yet a little squishy to the touch; in this compartment, a rather strangely colored soup-like fluid with unidentified floating objects in it; and this... You can't even describe whatever it's meant to be. The smell of it all, it's... Well, it's not -bad-, but it's unlike anything you've ever smelled before, your nose feeling utterly confused over these alien sensations. You're about to ask her what all this is exactly meant to be, before you notice her eyes fixated on you in an unblinking stare, the rest of her face concealed by the book in her hands. Why she suddenly raised it from the desk, you don't know; at a slow, unconcerned pace, her eyes shift downwards back to the book yet again.

"Hey. Don't you eat during lunch break..?"

"No." Lifting her gaze yet again, she catches sight of the concerned look on your face, before mildly rolling her eyes at you.
"I am also not human. Remember? I can survive longer between meals than you." And yet, this coming from such an unhealthy person, it somehow feels utterly absurd...
Well, screw it, you're digging in anyway, whether the driving force is hunger, gratitude, obligation, or something else entirely. The thrill of the unknown? While you're not exactly the most adventurous person when it comes to food-...
You know, that's quite enough mental monologue for now, it's only making you hungrier.

*Chomp.*

...

...

...

This isn't half bad, really. It tastes just like it smells - strange and alien to you. While you still can't figure out what the somewhat sticky thing you're chewing on is actually meant to be, it's unmistakably food, not at all unpleasant-tasting. Not something you'd eat on a regular basis, either, but mostly due to the weirdness factor. Ah, but an awkward silence has set in, the only noise in the room being the sound of you chewing this or drinking that, whatever this and that are.

"Say, uh..."

"Yes?" A startlingly immediate response.

"Well. I've been feeling particularly... energetic, today." She raises her eyes yet again, peering at you over her book.
"I was wondering - is there any sort of training I could do at home before bed today? It'd be a shame to let this feeling go to waste, after all." No reason not to get work done when you're feeling this productive, right? She merely looks at you for a long while, her stare preventing you from taking another bite of food as if you were paralyzed; those eyes of hers can have that effect at times.

"That depends on whether or not you truly wish for additional training."

"What do you mean?"

"Well. What you have right now, is not power. The ability to destroy, or even the ability to create... These are not power. Abilities without knowledge on how to use them are not power. Knowledge is power. To gain more power, you must gain more knowledge - knowledge on how the multiverse itself functions, knowledge of the building blocks of reality. Knowledge of things not originally meant for human minds. Do you understand where I am headed with this?"

"...Kind of, I think."

"No, you do not. If you truly wish to consider further training, think on it properly before the weekend. Power is not something to be taken lightly, especially by a young human such as yourself. Your life has already been thrown into chaos by your arrival here without any preparation or warning; do you wish to throw away what little remains of your potential for anything resembling a 'normal' youth?" She puts a strange stress on the word 'normal', all the more jarring due to her not being human at all.
"If you wish me to teach you how to seize your potential power without fully understanding what it is you wield, I will not assist you any further. You will have to ask me again, in a proper manner, showing me that you understand what you ask of me." She pauses for a moment.
"If you feel that you must put your surplus energy to productive use, you should consult that book you borrowed from me. Have it speak to you. Perhaps, through meditating on the messages within, you may come to understand your true goals and desires more closely."

"Y-yes. I'll do that."
Om nom nom nom...
"Oh, speaking of, uh, what we just spoke about... I kind of got to use what I learned in a practical situation the very next day - this Monday, after school, actually."

There's a brief pause, and she blinks once, calmly closing the book with a bookmark between its pages, and setting it down on the desk before fixing her stare on you yet again.
"...Is that so? I was not aware of this." Squinting her eyes and furrowing her brows a little, she continues, arms crossed over her chest.
"...Why was I not informed of this?"

"W-well... I never got around to it, and you were still pretty out of it up until this morning, so..."

"Regardless, you should have informed me by any means... What happened?"

"Well, I got into a duel with Rumia, and-..."

"A duel? You are not ready for dueling yet. Do you have no sense of your own limits at all? And you got into a duel with a youkai, as well? So soon? You are not only a stubborn fool, you are reckless." She stands up and walks over to you in an instant, gripping you by the shoulder with a strength you would never have expected from her, and turning you to face her, an unusually expressive look of anger on her face.
"I do not tolerate recklessness. While I loathe repeating myself, I will say this once again: If you do not do exactly as I say, then I will no longer assist you. Do you understand? I will not have you get yourself killed in some sort of reckless, idiotic stunt. "You gulp and nod. Why is she being so harsh all of a sudden? Even the tone of her voice seems upset and agitated, wh-... Huh. Normally it doesn't do that. Normally she'd just drone on monotonously as usual. Hm.
...either way, she's fucking scary right now.

"Sorry, sorry! But it's alright, right? I won. I promise I won't get into something like that again until you say I'm competent enough, alright?" Despite her murderous expression, you get some sort of bizarre satisfaction out of seeing such emotion on her face for a change. It lasts a moment longer, before fading back into the stoic, emotionless look you're so used to by now, the fire in her eyes dying as they revert back to those cold, deep purple pools.

"Good." She sits on the edge of her desk, seemingly having calmed down; the awkward silence returns to the room, as your thoughts linger on her sudden outburst just now, when you suddenly notice her reaching into your lunchbox, pulling out one of those little square things that you actually found rather tasty, once you got used to the texture. Then, she holds it in front of your mouth.
"Eat. You need your nutrition." What makes this even sillier is that she sounds neither seductive (which you can't even begin to imagine) nor teasing, but absolutely serious. She really expects you to-... Well, why the hell not. Not like it means anything, and if it makes her happy after that scene just now? Sure, you'll put up with it. You open your mouth obediently, yet she plops it in before you can even part your lips far enough; for a brief moment, you taste something other than the food. As she retracts her hand, she looks at the mild glint of saliva on her fingertips with a general lack of concern, before pulling out a scarlet handkerchief and drying it up. Let's try not to think too hard about that, now shall we?
"...Tell me more, then."

You chew and swallow, before continuing; yeah, talking ought to calm you both down a bit.
"Well. Rumia tried to kill me again. Twice. The last time she wasn't even out for food anymore. And, somehow... I managed to beat her. Uh..." You pull out the philosopher's stone that's been dangling by the chain around your neck since it was given to you.
"...This probably helped more than I could possibly realize. Thanks, again. I had to, uh... draw from it, for my second card, and-..."

"You cast two spellcards in a row?" She seems... surprised? That's something you don't see or hear often at all.
"...Continue."

"Yes, well... After that, she somehow got the idea in her head that we're now friendly rivals. Or something like siblings. Or whatever the hell she thinks we are, I don't know or care anymore... At least she doesn't seem to be trying to kill me anymore. Granted, that was part of the agreement we made before the duel."

"Well. Technically, she would not have been able to kill you after the duel anyway. The rules prohibit this." Say what!?

"Say what!? You mean she was bluffing the whole time?"

"Mmm... Not exactly. If she had gotten you to believe that this was allowed, and to agree to such terms, your life would have been forfeit - the terms agreed upon before a duel override any supplementary rules. A rather clever manipulation of a loophole in the spell duel rule system, I must say." She calls it clever, when you were about to let a monster eat you because she tricked you... That Rumia girl is sharper than she looks, in a sinister way.

"...And now she's living in my room, for some obscure reason."

Patchouli frowns darkly at this revelation, but quickly regains her composure.
"Yes, well. Many youkai do not have 'homes' in the sense you and I would think of. Some wilder ones prefer to live in nature, sleep under the stars... Even some humanoid ones, such as Rumia. I find it utterly perplexing that she would impose herself upon you in such a manner, though. Do you wish for me to get rid of her?" Again, she sounds deadly serious.

"Er... While I appreciate the offer, that won't be necessary." She offers a mild nod in response, peering at you strangely for a moment in a manner that makes you feel awfully uncomfortable.
"Um... What?"

"...And yet you do unnecessary things to help me, too, disregarding my personal wishes. If you will not be more careful, then I may end up doing the same for you, some day." If you didn't know it to be impossible, you'd swear you saw a hint of a smirk there, and heard something vaguely resembling an almost silent snicker. Did she just try to make a joke?
Awesome.

"Alright, alright, I get the message... I won't go running headfirst into the next pack of wild youkai I see, psychic powers blazing. Deal?"

"I would appreciate it," she responds with another nod, before grabbing the stone hanging from the chain around your neck; as her fingers touch the surface, you can see thin streams of light penetrating into the dark core of the stone from her fingertips, in a bright spiral, building up until the stone hums to life with a faint glow yet again, fading to a point where it wouldn't shine through your clothes once she removes her hand.

"...You've got to teach me how to do that, some day."

"You do not yet possess the mental focus required to transfer energy at an efficient rate. You would collapse from the drain before filling up even a fifth of the stone." You frown mildly in response to her lack of confidence in you, but shrug it off immediately. She did just tell you not to overestimate your abilities, assuming you're not interested in a dramatically shortened lifespan. Realizing you forgot something, you resume eating what's left of your lunch.

"This is good, by the way. Thank you. You've saved me from a painful death of starvation."

"You underestimate the human body's ability to survive without food. I merely did not want your health to suffer because of your reckless expeditions to help me." And yet, despite your best intentions and reckless expeditions, she didn't even take any of her medicines yet... Argh. Well. At least she looks healthy enough already; earlier, when she grabbed your shoulder and turned you, that felt like the grip of a healthy human woman, at the very least. Are magician youkai supposed to be physically stronger than humans, too?
"I am glad that you find it to be edible, though." Hm, not one for compliments, is she?

"What is this, anyway?"

Dear lord, you shouldn't have asked. Some three minutes later, she finally finishes explaining just what that space-food you just ate was. Contrary to what you had pondered, there was nothing magical or particularly witchy about it - it was mostly just the most nutritional meal you could ever possibly imagine, condensed into something that can fit into a box that small in an efficient manner. Seriously, if it came in a tube, you'd imagine astronauts eating this sort of thing. To her credit, she -had- tried to add some flavor to it, and to give it the appearance of something meant to be eaten. Overall, not a bad result at all, though you'd definitely prefer Sakuya's cooking over this.

"Also, I have to say... It's nice to see you back in school." It felt wrong without her, somehow, despite her classes being among the most boring ordeals you've ever been subjected to in your short lifetime. Guess you never know what you have until you lose it? No, wait, that doesn't work for this situation... It must be more of some sense of a bond of friendship, or something like that, initially born out of the holy-shit-I-broke-my-teacher guilt, and the realization that Patchouli Knowledge has been the most supportive, helpful person towards you during your entire stay here, despite having no obligations whatsoever to help you. Why? Who knows... But you're glad for it, and incredibly grateful. And you'd probably do (and, arguably, have already done) anything possible to help her if she ever gets in trouble, too. Is this what the Japanese call 'nakama'? Or was that something else? You can't quite remember right now.

She merely blinks at you a few times, as if you had said something odd or meaningless.
"I suppose I am glad to have brightened your day with my presence, then." You just smile in response.

"Oh. By the way." You finish your lunch and put the box aside for the moment.
"Flandre was with me yesterday, when we went to Eientei."

"...Oh?" Suspicion enters her voice for a brief moment.
"Judging by your safe return, I take it there were no incidents."

"Well, the-... well, no, not really." You're not about to tell her about Flandre snapping Mokou's wrist, or the part with that-thing-you-will-never-mention-again. Because the former seemed to not be such a big deal after all, and the latter never happened. Right? Right.
"It went pretty well. She even seemed to make a new friend. Do you know a girl named Mokou?"

"I have heard of her from Remilia, although I have never met her in person. Which is incredibly... frustrating..." She narrows her eyes to the point where they become thin slits, her mouth a perfectly straight horizontal line again, gradually widening.
"...since, as you may remember, I said I do not tolerate absentees in my lessons. Dedication and determination are virtues I intend to instill in each and every one of my students. Unfortunately, I have been far too busy, or... otherwise preoccupied..." You feel a strange mix of guilt and embarassment, unsure what exactly she could be talking about.
"...to confront her about this in person."

"Well. Flandre and I were going to meet up at Keine's house after school today, to think up a plan on how to get Kaguya and Mokou to come to school. Say - do you, ah, do you think you could come with us? I'm sure your input would be incredibly valuable to us."

A disinterested scowl flashing across her face, she slowly heads back to her seat, taking the book into her hands yet again.
"...Possibly. I will consider it."

"Great! Thanks again... I really owe you for everything you've done."

"Actually, I believe the debt is presently still mine to repay." You swear the silly woman almost smiled again, there.

...

Before you could protest, she shooed you out of her office, and you headed back to the auditorium just in time not to be late for the last lesson, which went by as uneventfully as all the others. Now, at the end of the school day, everyone is headed up to the club rooms... and you find yourself torn. Curse your inexplicable innate ability to make friends with freaking everyone! Due to various wacky hijinx over the last few days, you've ended up neglecting the book club that you yourself helped start. No, that's not right... It's more that you've been neglecting Flandre's interests in her free time. And then there's Cirno, who's seeing all this and becoming more and more defensive of the vampire girl. That can't be good for your relationship with her, now can it? On the other hand, a promise is a promise, and you fully intend to teach Mystia how to play a guitar; at least the basics, so she can continue training herself independently. What to do, what to do...

Ah. But of course.
"Hey, Flan, Cirno." You barge into the book club room, greeted with the sight of a meekly smiling Flandre and a somewhat annoyed looking Cirno, sitting next to each other on the floor and examining a book, the title of which is written in some complex kanji you can't make out from this distance.
"I've got some business at the music club, but..!" You squeeze out the 'but' just before Cirno furrows her brows and gets ready to tell you off for being such a douchebag, and continue:
"...But I was wondering if you two would like to come with me. I'm teaching someone to play the guitar, so... Hey, Flan, you ever seen an electric guitar up close?" She shakes her head vigorously, suddenly seeming awfully excited, and even Cirno's scowl fades, giving way to a look of childlike wide-eyed curiosity.

"I didn't know you could play something like that... I wanna hear it! What do you think, Chilly?" Chilly?

"Mmph... Sure. I guess it sounds kinna interestin'." Her speech still childishly slurred as always, the icy fairy's shield of disdain melts away before your proposal. Sure enough, you lead them to the music club room, some awful noise that desperately wants to sound like someone playing a guitar audible from a distance already. As the three of you enter, you catch sight of the Prismriver trio sitting around a table, drinking tea and eating some sorts of biscuits or something, chatting about some superficial and obviously non-club-related matters. The light music club room is not a place to be drinking tea so casually! Well, as long as they're not paying any attention to you...

"No, no, no, not like that." You walk over to Mystia, who seems to be presently engaged in brutally mangling your guitar, and gently take it from her, all the while feeling glad that Rumia isn't around today - getting Rumia and Flandre to get along and make up is one trial of guts you'd rather leave for next week at the earliest. Meanwhile, Cirno runs up to Mystia and tackles her into a tight hug right as she notices the three of you.

"Mysty!"

"Cirno! Ah, what are you doing here today? Don't you have your own club to be with..?"

"Naw... We decided to come visit today. This here is Flan-Flan - she's nice, and really smart! And she's also the boss of the club I'm in. Oh, and..." Her voice takes on a tone more fitting for speaking of a rodent or other form of pest.
"This here's... Whassisname... Jin? I guess he's a member too. And he's Flan-Flan's friend; Flan-Flan has poor taste." She says this, completely disregarding that Flandre considers her a friend, too... Ah well.

"Okay, let me remind you what I showed you last time, you seem to have mixed it all up in your head..." Mystia complies with a polite smile and bow, muttering some mild apologies to go with it; she really seems like a much nicer girl, when she's outside of Rumia's influence. Or maybe it's just because of your mutual interest in music? Ah, who knows.
"First-..." Hm. You glance at the ice fairy and vampire girl standing beside you, both staring at you with wide eyes, as if in anticipation, as you stand there with the guitar in your arms. With a soft sigh, you make sure it's tuned properly and whatnot, and... And what? Looking back into Flandre's expectant eyes, she looks like you're about to walk on water or something, tiny mouth slightly open, hands fidgeting among one another, big red eyes following your every slightest move...

...

Hm. You ought to play her something that'll leave an impression. Hoping you're not too rusty, you think back on your personal repertoire, and choose...



[] (Insert song name here.)
>> No. 99866
[X] Stained Glass Filth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZKsnmOdJfo

Heh. I'll think of something else later.
>> No. 99867
[X] Jimi Hendrix, "Hey Joe"

Complete with teeth picking.
>> No. 99868
[x] Stairway to heaven

Just an idea I have at the moment.
>> No. 99869
[X] U.N. Owen was her?
>> No. 99870
[x] Stairway to Heaven

Always related.
>> No. 99872
>>99866
As awesome as that track is, lets try something a bit more simpler for Mystia to pick up as well as being awesome

[X]Cross a Fear

Dracula Battle Perfect Selection
Dracula X: Rondo of Blood for PC Engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxfH4qcbtZ4

If not, "Stairway to Heaven" is fine
>> No. 99873
[Q] Stairway to Heaven

Why not~
>> No. 99874
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81eSIwsLcWg

the song Stairway to Heaven; sure it's not a fast moving song, but its slow pace for the most part with bits can leave an impression all the same.
>> No. 99876
>>99869
Awesome. I've always wondered how would the Touhous react to their themes.

Still, if Jin doesn't know the song or can't play it on a solo guitar (see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i20ZPvPttvc&feature=related ) how about something that Mystia would like?

Like, say, Freebird
>> No. 99877
Jumping Jack Flash

The power to save a planet from alien invasion is exactly what we need.
>> No. 99878
[X]Symphony of the Night - The Tragic Prince

Best music of SotN.
>> No. 99880
[X] U.N. Owen was her?
OR, if it isn't an option:
[X] Freebird.
>> No. 99882
[x] U.N. Owen was her?
>> No. 99884
[x]Pink Floyd - Wish you were here

It kinda of fits with Flandre. Can she tell heaven from hell? Someone with so little life experience as her...would she be able to?
>> No. 99887
[x] Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze

Because we are a motherfucking WIZARD
>> No. 99892
[✠] U.N. Owen was her?
>> No. 99893
[x] Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze

>>99867 this or Red House, or whatever else from him. Jin gotta play Jimi Hendrix.
>> No. 99894
>>99884

The point isn't about the title but tone, it's a more uplifting song.

And such a song is usually considered legendary for good reason.
>> No. 99897
>>99896
>Halo

BEGONE WITH YOU
LEAVE AND NEVER COME BACK
>> No. 99902
>"I do not tolerate recklessness. While I loathe repeating myself, I will say this once again: If you do not do exactly as I say, then I will no longer assist you. Do you understand? I will not have you get yourself killed in some sort of reckless, idiotic stunt. "

Patchy sure likes Jin more than a friend now. She sounds like a gf chewing him out.

The closest to a route we got at the moment is probably a Patchy route.
>> No. 99904
[x] U.N. Owen was her?
>> No. 99905
How the hell does Jin know UN Owen was Her? No matter the excuse, this is way too much usage of meta-knowledge.
>> No. 99906
>>99902
>The closest to a route we got at the moment is probably a Patchy route.

Keep telling yourself that, maybe it will become true.
>> No. 99907
>>99902

I think she's saying that as a mentor and friend, since she did not teach him that so he could go and get himself killed.

But I did like the part where she says "Since you've done unnesscary things for my sake, I might do some for your sake" basically. (In other words, if Rumia proves to be too big of a problem in her opinion, she'd take care of it despite what Jin says)

But I think she is one of Jin's closest friends other than Flan.
>> No. 99908
>>99905
That's the joke.
>> No. 99910
[X] Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze
>> No. 99911
>>99908
It's a joke?

shirou.tiff
>> No. 99912
[X] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0KOfTV1dbc&fmt=18

The badass is almost too much to handle.
>> No. 99914
>>99912
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8XWLRYL6hE

Superior
>> No. 99915
[x] Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze

Yes.
>> No. 99916
>>99912

>Power Rangers
>Badass

Yeahright.jpg

Go to the corner where that Halo kid is sitting.
>> No. 99918
Notice how Patchy didn't cough once during that entire conversation.
>> No. 99920
>>99864
>Knowledge is power. To gain more power, you must gain more knowledge
That could easily be construed as a come-on.

>>99863
>Mods are mean around here
If you're doing stupid shit, then yes. Yes, they are.
>> No. 99921
>>99920
>Knowledge is power

Another reference to FMiG?
>> No. 99922
>>99921
are you joking, it's a famous quote
>> No. 99923
>>99896
yeah that was waaaaaayyyy out from left field.
>> No. 99924
>>99918
I would like to continue to ensure that she does not cough.

Frequently.
>> No. 99925
>>99906
Maybe not route, but the girl closest to Jin at the moment.
>>99907
Read the update again and see how she behaves differently from all the times before, she shows more emotions and more interest in him. She starts to see Jin more than just a close friend.
>> No. 99926
I am aiming for Patchy route with all my heart. Those Flan-fans can tell me to wait all they want, but it would be way easier to get close to Flan in a second run than it would be to get close to Patchy. Going for the rare opportunity here first and foremost.
>> No. 99927
>>99920
'Gain more Knowledge? Sure thing! Same time tonight?'

[X] U.N. Owen was her?
OR, if >>99905 is right and this shit is too much:

[X] Freebird.
>> No. 99929
>>99905
>Remi and Flan both seem to be perfectly used to it all, though - the little girl on your shoulders bobs her legs back and forth, lightly resting her arms on your head, pointing in the right direction whenever you come to an intersection, all the while humming some tune to herself that sounds vaguely familiar from some McDonald's related video you saw on YouTube back home.
>>90681
>> No. 99934
[x] U.N. Owen was her?

If it isn't possible:

[x] Stairway to Heaven
>> No. 99936
>>99926

Bad logic, since chances are next run no one will want a SDM route, and if the minority of Patchy fans did win and changed routes, the Flan fans would derail it in such a fashion it makes DoLF R1 look like nothing. (They've beated the Sakuya fandom for one)


>>99925

Before he was just a student/friend of her friends, but this is clearly good friend territory (I.e. around Remilia's level)

>>98694 was what gave them the idea, and the post has a good point of people knowing when to stop fighting.
>> No. 99937
>>99936
>They've beated the Sakuya fandom for one
>beated

Ignoring that.

I wouldn't say the Sakuya fans have been beaten. I think the Sakuya fans saw a chance to go for the rare Flandre route, so the two fan groups have combined. Patchy has absolutely no chance, if it wasn't for the writer seemingly deliberately dragging us away from Flandre, we'd be all over her.
>> No. 99940
>>99937

I do not know about that, but the actions by the various fans sure did make a very minor mess that we're just now starting to clean up. Then again the 'trainan games' sure did take up alot of time often... you might be right.

If that was the case, I commend them on their sensibility. Now if these Patchy fans would realize this, things would be a lot smoother for all of us; storys work best when everyone settles on a common target.

But the problem isn't time spent, but the time balance. In that regard, we're slowly fixing the time balance.
>> No. 99947
>Patchy has absolutely no chance.

Pfft, says you.
>> No. 99948
[x] Stairway to heaven
>> No. 99949
>>99936
Well, considering what might be if things might happen that way or whatever, i aim for whoever i want.
And >>99937 was right with saying that Sakuya fans have not been beaten. Patchy has not much chance, she is just the flavor of the week that Taisa gives us. Last time it was Rumia.
Neither do i think that Flandre fans are the majority here, just many people compromising, else if there were really that many, many things that did happen just wouldn't have happened.
>storys work best when everyone settles on a common target
True but I haven't found one yet.

It is great that people want a xxx route, but you have to respect that not everyone is of that opinion and force them to shut up and think your way.
I will only be convinced by good arguments.
>> No. 99951
>>99947

Keep your hopes high. When they come crashing down upon you and you're buried in a pile of denial, I'll be standing above you, watching.
>> No. 99954
File 125618827740.jpg - (18.15KB , 384x247 , isawthesign.jpg ) [iqdb]
99954
[X] Sultans of Swing


You know, rather than taking Patchouli's behavior as signs that she's beginning to dig on her student, couldn't it simply be that she's currently riding high on a wave of endorphins (and mana) due to having sex for the first time in how many years?

I imagine it's only natural to be as seemingly lifeless and monotone as she is when you feel like crap most of the time.
>> No. 99956
You people are all faggots

[x] Black Sabbath - Paranoid
>> No. 99960
What's with all this hip hop, rock and roll and other bullcrap?

We're in front of classy ladies; why not something slower, something pretty? We can wow them with skills later.
>> No. 99962
[X] Layla - Eric Clapton

You know that it will impress all the girls.

Plus, I want to see the reaction of the Prismrivers.
>> No. 99964
Hall of the mountain king.
>> No. 99966
>rock and roll
What else but that does impress the ladies then? Every Girl would be impressed if you could play like Hendrix in front of her.
>> No. 99971
>>99962
Holy shit, this.

[+] Layla - Eric Clapton
>> No. 99972
[X] U.N. Owen was her
>> No. 99973
[X] U.N. Owen was her
>> No. 99976
[x] Counter-vote against U.N. Owen was Her?
If UN Owen is winning, consider this a vote for whatever's second. If it's not winning, consider this a vote for whatever is.
>> No. 99979
>>99976
Is this faggotry allowed?
Don't take me wrong, I agree with the idea. But, a vote that changes depending on other votes... sounds a bit too convenient to me.
>> No. 99981
>>99956
>>99869 here
Ironically, I was thinking of adding "Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" to the end of my vote in case Taisa veteod UNOwen
>> No. 99982
[X] Layla - Eric Clapton
>> No. 99984
>if it wasn't for the writer seemingly deliberately dragging us away from Flandre
Huh.

>Taisa is guilt tripping his readers into making choices
I'm doing no such thing, silly.


Anyway, waiting for daily migraine to pass... haven't counted votes just yet. I tend to do that on the last minute, right before I get to writing, in case of last-minute changing of minds (which has happened a few times so far).
>> No. 99986
>>99966
Except they don't know who he even is, and if what Jin is playing could even be considered skillful compared to a professional guitarist.

>>99979
I think others may find the very idea of voting for U.N. Owen was her is even bigger faggotry. Although, this isn't the first time I've seen someone vote for "something that isn't the vote I don't like". The latter half of his comment is basically the same thing; whether or not his vote is added onto whatever is winning, it's still winning regardless - it's a worthless vote in that sense, and it wouldn't be used as a tie-maker, or a tie-breaker.

Though the look on his face when his vote is seriously counted towards whatever is winning that happens to be even worse would be priceless.
>> No. 99988
[X] Layla - Eric Clapton
>> No. 99990
>>99962
YES.
This would seem almost too perfect.

[X] Layla - Eric Clapton
>> No. 99993
[X] Layla - Eric Clapton
>> No. 99994
[X] Layla - Eric Clapton

THIS.
>> No. 99996
>>99962
Uh? What reaction? As far as I know, Jin doesn't sing. It'll be a nice song with a peculiar name, nothing more.

I have to admit though, if he does sing... then the next update will be awesome.
>> No. 100008
[X] U.N. Owen was her
>> No. 100009
>>99940
Wow.

Are you always this staggeringly arrogant and presumptuous, or are you warming up for the holidays, or what?
>> No. 100010
I had a thought.

It's going to get lost among the voting, I'm sure, and I still can't believe people are actually thinking UN Owen Was Her is anything like a non-retarded choice, but never mind that for a moment.It's this: Has anyone considered that Jin's vitality and clarity (and totally being one with everything, man) might be due to that bite of Tenshi's peach?

Just throwing that out there.
>> No. 100011
>>100010
A little of this, a little of that?
>> No. 100013
>>100010

Well some GH voters are on the stupid side at times, like when they're all about the 'trainan games'
>> No. 100015
File 125623707590.png - (16.07KB , 634x571 , 2elxr4o_jpg.png ) [iqdb]
100015
>>100013
My opinions: god tier
Your opinions: shit tier

HURRR DURRR
>> No. 100017
File 125623726093.jpg - (534.92KB , 1000x600 , 1b0d9119875a51a7616a5ee6543c5764.jpg ) [iqdb]
100017
>>100010
His feelings regarding the elements are obviously due to her connection with Patchouli. She's an expert on the field after all.

So... no. Besides, that heaven fruit doesn't grant you insight, vitality or anything like that, it just makes you inmortal.
...
Mmmhhhh.. we need a BAD END to check if Jin dies when he's killed.
>> No. 100018
>>100017

Did the handjob death happen after he ate the peach?
>> No. 100021
>>100017

I think immortality refers to age wise, not Hourai style "Not dying when killed" immortality.

>>100015
you poor thing, getting things mixed up in your damaged mental state.

My opinions: Fair
Your opinion: Flawed but it's not your fault.
>> No. 100024
File 125623969232.jpg - (221.89KB , 839x1160 , f58182c84d380f14367fee06436b7ee1.jpg ) [iqdb]
100024
3 updates per Thread. Not bad.
>> No. 100027
File 125624022716.jpg - (1.08MB , 1600x1200 , 1250793442772.jpg ) [iqdb]
100027
>>100024
I think that's our fault actually.

In the future, when some anon gets curious and starts to read through the CYOA archive, he'll probably curse us to hell due to the bizarre amount of nothingness that these threads have.
>> No. 100028
File 125624268818.jpg - (0.98MB , 1140x1657 , 41c6384b86e7def66fd0d517e4883d8e.jpg ) [iqdb]
100028
>> No. 100029
>>100018
Before.
>> No. 100030
File 12562444254.jpg - (161.23KB , 720x960 , 0462c0a85566893cb9d55100d43f4c7d.jpg ) [iqdb]
100030
Strangely fitting image. Well, almost.

--------

Yes. You think of a pretty good song to show off with. Nothing overly fast, nor overly slow, something pretty... Yeah. You've got it. This will be perfect. You step over to the makeshift 'stage' in the room, taking a deep breath to mentally prepare yourself. Despite your 'audience' only consisting of three girls - six, if you count the inattentive Prismriver sisters - there's a slight feeling of nervousness from performing in front of a bunch of cute schoolgirls. Bah, shake it off already - you're a man, aren't you? That's right, right now you're a freaking rock star, not some wimpy shy guy who gets flustered from merely being -near- a girl. These thoughts in mind, you turn to the audience, and... start playing. Your fingers stumble once during the intro, though you quickly get the hang of it once again as memories come rushing back. It doesn't take long for you to lose yourself in the moment, going on to play the rest of the song as well, and... singing.

"...Layla, I'm begging, darling please..."

Well, it's not like your voice is terrible or anything. You've even taken a handful of singing lessons in your life, so you can carry a melody properly, and your voice doesn't crack under stress, but you've never exactly considered yourself lead-singer-material. To be honest, you're not sure what brought this spur-of-the-moment singing mood on, but... Well, screw it, it feels right, somehow. Losing yourself to the mood and atmosphere, you finish off the entire song in solo guitar form, feeling mighty satisfied with the results. Not proffessional musician level, but still pretty good, considering you haven't had any practice in ages. You could almost hear yourself playing alongside a real band! Ah, but your audience; did you manage to completely alienate them yet?

...

Apparently not.
Now, Mystia looks as enchanted as she always does, when she hears you play music, only... Multiply that about five times. Heck, if you didn't know any better, you'd assume by the look on her face that she's spontaneously fallen in love with you, or something.
Cirno's big bug-like eyes have gotten even bigger, something you didn't think would be realistically possible, her mouth open with a thin stream of saliva slowly making its way down her chin, her facial expression utterly dazed.
Flandre? Flandre looks like she just saw the second coming of Christ. Even her hands are clasped together before her chest, and she's speechless, nearly completely immobile aside from the shivering of her legs, and the soft, subdued breathing. Her face is somehow flushed, too.
And... the sound of soft sobbing coming from behind you, and around you. Glancing about in confusion, you notice that you really were playing with the support of a full band after all, and it wasn't just all in your head. They were following your lead - The Prismriver sisters are all at their respective instruments, staring at you with tears rolling down their cheeks. You... hadn't thought of your playing as being -that- moving. Sure, it's that kind of song, but-...

"W-where'd you hear a song like that?" Lyrica sputters, drying her eyes clumsily.

"Uh... Back on the outside. Er, why?"

"...No reason," they mutter in chorus, avoiding your gaze. Huh. Well, this is, uh... no weirder than your usual conversations these days, you suppose. All of a sudden, Merlin grips your sleeve with a determined - and somehow very scary - look on her face.

"You've got to join us!"

"Er... But, I'm already a member of a club, and-..."

"No buts!"

...

Well, you managed to talk your way out of that one with a vague 'I'll think about it', escaping mostly intact, disregarding Merlin's frantic screeching or Lunasa's depressive face that'd make even Patchouli look like the most cheerful person in the world. You barely even had any time to instruct Mystia before the atmosphere became unbearable for some unknown reason. Just in time, too - Keine had just gotten ready to head home, and you were meant to join her, among others. Speaking of said 'others', Reisen was nowhere to be found, so you told Keine and Flandre to wait a moment while you go fetch her from the nurse's office. And here you are now, standing before that familiar, somewhat-ominous door, mentally steeling yourself for what's to come. Which turns out to be nothing at all, once you open the door, aside from Reisen buttoning up her shirt.
Oh my.
A few minutes later, after you're done damning yourself outide of the office for not knocking, she opens the door and greets you with a somewhat nervous smile.

"S-sorry, can I help you? I didn't hear you knock, earlier, so..."

"Ah, erm, that's okay. I was actually wondering if you could help us with something."

"'Us'? And with what?" She tilts her head at you curiously, those weird floppy bunny ears of her sagging to the same side, her eyes distinctly shooting right past yours by an inch or so. Shy girl?

"Well. We're trying to get Kaguya to come to school, and were wondering if you could help us think of a plan or something, if you have the time..."

"Oh? Well, um, I have free time today, but... I'm not sure I should get involved in something like that."

You can't help but frown a little.
"Please? It's kind of, ah... important." You worry for a second about what you just said; if she found out it's 'important' just because you're trying to put a smile on Keine's face, that might be somewhat damaging for your image, and would raise a lot of questions. Thankfully, after a moment of thought, she smiles softly and bows her head to you.

"...Alright. If it's important, I'll at least try to pitch in my opinions. Are we going right now?"

"Awesome, thanks! And, yeah, the others are already waiting outside."

"Ah! Best not keep them waiting long then, right?" Chuckling lightly, she heads off ahead of you; before following her, you stop in your tracks, peering back inside the office for a moment; you can hear quiet noises coming from the back room. Could that be Eirin? No, her coat is hanging on the wall over there... What about the other rabbit girl? Tewi, wasn't that her name? Although you're not entirely sure the two of you get along well, you could probably use all the help you can afford for brainstorming this little plot of yours, right? Maybe you ought to ask her to come along, too...



[] Call for Tewi.
[] Never mind her, go catch up with the others.

---------

Short and uneventful. I know. I might crap out a second one later tonight. Or I might not, depending on how tired I am several hours from now.
It ought to pick up (again?) soonish. It's just one of those phases where I'm trying to connect A to C, and am having trouble with B, if that makes any sense at all.

On the upside, I'm not getting kicked out of university after all! So I should recover after a nice relaxing weekend. Probably. Maybe.
>> No. 100031
>[] Call for Tewi.
HAHAHAHAHA
Oh, the memories.
>> No. 100032
[Q] Call for Tewi.
>> No. 100034
[ ] Call for Tewi.

*Cue legion of Tengu Ninjas*
>> No. 100035
[X] Never mind her, go catch up with the others.
Superior bunny girl already present.
>> No. 100036
[X] Never mind her, go catch up with the others.
This' enough of a clusterfuck already.

Also, Layla is now playing in your head. And in your speakers, I hope.
>> No. 100037
[X] Never mind her, go catch up with the others.

Okay, I thought it was odd enough how Rumia reacted to Jin's playing, but now I really do have to wonder, is there something to his musical abilities, or is he just that damn good?

>>And I'm amazed that Flan didn't "arrive" when she heard Jin playing.

>>early completely immobile aside from the shivering of her legs, and the soft, subdued breathing. Her face is somehow flushed, too.

...are you sure she didn't?
>> No. 100038
Call me a faggot if you want (come on, I dare ya) but can't we go to the store, buy a cake, and then sit down on the park and eat it?

Is there a physical problem or a mental illness that is caused due to reading books and hearing music at the same time? Why can't they share a room and throw the whole 'One day for a club, another day for another' shit through the window?
>> No. 100039
[ℤℯ] Call for Tewi.

Consulting the master.

>>100021
Okay, now I know you're a troll.

Nobody can be this seriously arrogant.

0/10 because long-term trolling is for fags.

>>100030
>Not getting kicked out
Hooray!
>> No. 100040
[x] Call for Tewi.
-[x] If it fails, just go on ahead with the others; no need to waste all day trying to catch her.
>> No. 100042
>>100038

Did you just try to make a point?
>> No. 100043
File 125624684757.jpg - (563.82KB , 1406x2027 , 1254302504738.jpg ) [iqdb]
100043
>[ ] Call for Tewi.
no, it's a trap

[x] Never mind her, go catch up with the others.
>> No. 100046
[x] Call for Tewi.

Come, comrade Tewi! Let us raid Keine's panty drawers.
>> No. 100047
[X] Never mind her, go catch up with the others.
>> No. 100048
Just a question:

How many of you are voting against "Call for Tewi" purely because of bad MiG-related memories, and not because you actually considered the pros and cons of the idea, given what you've read and seen so far?
>> No. 100049
[X] Never mind her, go catch up with the others.
>> No. 100050
[✠] Never mind her, go catch up with the others.
>> No. 100051
>>100048
I don't care about MiG here.

Honestly, who better to help us make Kaguya come to school? I can't beleive she wouldn't like to see that.
>> No. 100052
[ ] Call for Tewi.
>> No. 100053
[x] Call for Tewi.

It's not MiG Tewi
>> No. 100054
>>100048

I voted against it due to the unreliability of Tewi, and perhaps wanting to see Reisen have a moment without getting pranked or upstaged by Tewi.
>> No. 100058
>>100042
>Did you just try to make a point?
Yes. I failed, didn't I?

I was just saying that both clubs could share the same classroom. Then, he can stay with all of his acquaintances at the same time, every day of the week.
>> No. 100059
[X] Never mind her, go catch up with the others.
>> No. 100060
>>100048
You cannot blame me, you can only blame Kira.
>> No. 100061
>Layla Prismriver
Wow, I didn't even think of that. Well done.

[x] Call for Tewi.

Memes aside, Tewi and her cleverness will be useful.
>> No. 100065
>>100061
>>Layla Prismriver

Oh. OH.
Now I get it.
>> No. 100066
>>100058

It's actually a good point, and if today continues to go so well, I see no reason why not.

And I got the point of the Layla song when it was first posted.
>> No. 100067
[X] Call for Tewi.
>> No. 100068
[] Never mind her, go catch up with the others.

We have stuff to do.
>>100048

I vote against Tewi because I don't want Tewi. Simple as that.
>> No. 100069
[X] Call for Tewi.
>> No. 100070
[X] Call for Tewi.
>> No. 100071
[X] Never mind her, go catch up with the others. The Reisen-Tewi relationship may be funny on books, but constant pranks are tiresome and will not help our quest in the slightest.
>> No. 100072
[] Call for Tewi.

>>100027
No need to wait for the future, I just found this site and I already wished the thread contained more of the story. I probably will help worsen the ratio though.
>> No. 100082
>>100066
>>100058

No, that's not good at all. Why do you think you can't make any loud noise in a library? Have you tried to read during a concert? The music club would take over the book club completely.
>> No. 100083
[X] Never mind her, go catch up with the others.
>> No. 100084
>>100082

But they're clubs, neither library or concert. And it kills two birds with one stone.
>> No. 100085
[x] Never mind her, go catch up with the others.

>>100082
Or it would turn into a 'have fun' club, like it always happens when several touhoues are on one place.
Besides, even if that isn't the case, those two doesn't seem to need much concentration really...
>> No. 100088
>>100084

Yeah, but what do you do in a music club, or a book club? That's right, playing music/reading books. Ok, while not being the only activities one can do, they are the main points of having said clubs.
>>100085
>those two doesn't seem to need much concentration really

Yeah, reading a book with someone triyng to play a guitar is not hard at all. Nor is playing loud music while people are reading is not being annoying.
>> No. 100091
>>100088

Well people listen to music while they read, and a reading audience is still an audience to musicians.

But I think there should be one quiet day in the book club room as to read in relative peace.
>> No. 100092
>>Yeah, reading a book with someone triyng to play a guitar is not hard at all. Nor is playing loud music while people are reading is not being annoying.

Especially if one of those people reading isn't exactly having the easiest time of it, like Cirno.

Besides that, while most of the music club might not mind having people reading while they practice, and most of the reading club might not mind having some music playing while they're working through book, it might still be a problem for Jin, who would probably wind up having his attention divided between the two groups.

Whether it's discussing a book with Flandre, or teaching chords to Mystia, I can't help but think that Jin would only be doing a disservice to the both of them if he gave them anything but his full, undivided attention when he's working with either of them. Just look at how easily his attempt to teach Mystia was derailed just by the other members of the music club.
>> No. 100094
[X] Never mind her, go catch up with the others.
>> No. 100099
[x] Call for Tewi.
>> No. 100101
[+] Call for Tewi.

I think Tewi might be interested in the possibility of pranking both Mokou and Kaguya into going to school.

After all, why should Tewi and Reisen be the only ones at Eientei who have to go to school? It's bunny discrimination, it is!

Also, the Layla choice went off even better than I'd hoped. Once again, you're awesome, Taisa.
>> No. 100103
[X] Never mind her, go catch up with the others.
>> No. 100104
[x] Call for Tewi.
>> No. 100106
[X] Never mind her, go catch up with the others.
>> No. 100109
Breaking autosage so I'll feel comfortable posting a new thread.
>> No. 100112
[X] Never mind her, go catch up with the others.
LAST MINUTE VOTE
>> No. 100122
Gonna need a tiebreaker.
>> No. 100123
[✗] Never mind her, go catch up with the others.
>> No. 100124
>>100123
Calling it, then. Writing begins.
>> No. 100142
>>100136