[Return]
Archived Thread

File 125565340844.jpg - (86.07KB , 563x799 , Reina1007.jpg ) [iqdb]
98704 No. 98704
[x] Ask if Reimu could take you to visit Marisa?
[x] Offer to buy lunch on the way there for all three of you.

It took a few minutes for Reimu to wipe away the traces of her tears of joy, "Ah, I guess it goes without saying but uhm, I'd like it if you didn't really tell anyone you saw me acting like that..."

"Have an image to preserve?" you tease with a grin, "Don't worry, I won't tell."

"Heh, I guess I do now that I think about it. Geez, I feel kind of silly, getting all emotional over money like that... guess I'm just a little bit desperate, aren't I?"

You chuckle and shake your head, "Considering your lifestyle, I don't think I could blame you. It's a bit of a shame no one makes any effort to help you at all... or, well, any you can bare."

"I don't really mean to offend Marisa, she's nice and all, but ugh her cooking... she eats almost exclusively various mushrooms on her own. I don't know how she can stand it..." the miko sighed and shook her head.

"A-actually, speaking of Marisa... think you could, maybe, take me to her home to visit her? I... feel kind of bad still for the whole thing at the mansion, and I didn't see her at all afterwords. I'm not sure if she's mad at me or something..."

"I doubt she's mad at you, Marisa is a pretty cheerful person. But I guess going to visit her directly couldn't hurt, and you going to the forest alone would... probably make you end up as food. I mean, you can defend yourself a little bit, but you'd probably just get hopelessly lost too." Reimu rubbed her chin in thought for a moment, "Well, why not? I've got nothing better to do. Though, flying with me isn't as comfortable as Marisa I imagine."

"Just don't drop me and it'll be alright. Before we go, want to head down to the village and buy some lunch? For me, you, and Marisa I mean, so don't go eating it right away!"

Reimu stuck her tongue out playfully at you, "Ok, ok. I'll just nibble a bit on the box then. Lead the way Reina, you'll have to carry the food of course."

As the two of you leave the shrine, you notice Reimu sticks a piece of paper on the door, and seems to busy herself for a moment doing... something. When you ask her what it was about, she merely states she had to put up a few barriers to keep people, youkai, or things out of the shrine while she was gone. There weren't any valuables exactly, but she would still prefer keeping people out - although she did mention someone like Yukari was easily able to bypass her barriers, or if anyone really wanted to, they could probably get past the simple barriers she threw up.

Heading down to the village, you spend a bit of time searching for a restaruant that would do take-out. Once that goal had been accomplished, you bought three decently-sized meals, storing them inside your bag along with your grimoire. Compared to your first experience flying with Reimu, this one was decidingly better, perhaps because she wasn't just treating you as some kind of unneccessary baggage and keeping a tight grip on your waist. Before long, she descends on the outskirts of the forest, noting she didn't want to go flying in with a passenger, leaving you two to have to walk the distance to Marisa's house, although she assures you it isn't too far.

As the Hakurei maiden escorts you through the forest, the two of you idly chit-chat about nothing in particular to help pass the time, and it doesn't take too long before you can see a somewhat old-looking house in the distance.

"Is that Marisa's...?" you ask, pointing.

"Not what you thought it would be? Marisa is kind of lazy, so her place isn't really all that well maintained. I imagine she probably keeps it held together with magic or something... the place looks really rundown on the outside. It's pretty cozy inside but, well... you'll see what I mean."

Marisa's house itself sits within a clearing in the forest, you imagine cleared out for the purpose of putting this house here, and the home itself does look pretty old - there was even patches of mold on the building, and the windows offered no view of the inside. Maybe the house really was magically enchanted to look abandoned, just to deter the random passerby from bugging Marisa? Walking up to the front door, you knock on it. However, after a little bit there's no answer and you try knocking again... and again. Giving the doorknob a test, you notice the door is unlocked...

---

Anyone home?:
[ ] Well if it's unlocked, Marisa shouldn't mind you coming in right?
[ ] It's rude to come into a house uninvited! Try knocking a few more times and waiting.
[ ] Using the front door is no fun, try sneaking in somewhere else for fun!
[ ] I guess she isn't home...
- [ ] Go elsewhere? (write-in)
[ ] Other (write-in)

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Mundane Sign: Shattered Table spellcard

>> No. 98705
>>98704

>picture

Ooh, nifty.

[ ] Well if it's unlocked, Marisa shouldn't mind you coming in right?
>> No. 98709
[ ] Well if it's unlocked, Marisa shouldn't mind you coming in right?
>> No. 98722
[x] Well if it's unlocked, Marisa shouldn't mind you coming in right?
>> No. 98724
[x] Well if it's unlocked, Marisa shouldn't mind you coming in right?

Reimu would stop us if we shouldn't just barge in, and if she doesn't, then we have the "well, the shrine maiden seemed to think it was okay" excuse.

>>98704

Wow, that is almost exactly how I pictured her. Uncanny. For some reason, though, I've been picturing her with one of those weird cabbie hats, whatever they are actually called.
>> No. 98727
[x] Well if it's unlocked, Marisa shouldn't mind you coming in right?

We have an excuse: Reimu! That'd be the sort of thing Reimu'd do if she stopped by.
>> No. 98732
>>98704
She has the Large Eyebrows of Moe~

[+] Well if it's unlocked, Marisa shouldn't mind you coming in, right?
>> No. 98733
> [x] Leap in danmaku blazing

I wish
>> No. 98747
File 125566054363.jpg - (22.38KB , 128x176 , 1255040991037.jpg ) [iqdb]
98747
[X] Using the front door is no fun, try sneaking in somewhere else for fun!

Nice pic there, Kriss. Although I pictured her without those glasses and with more plain clothes... then again, where's the fun in that?
>> No. 98749
>>98704
>No Shorts.
>Not Bald.

Who's that impostor?
>> No. 98751
>>98747

That picture of Youmu is disturbingly frightening for reasons I don't understand.
>> No. 98758
[ ] Well if it's unlocked, Marisa shouldn't mind you coming in right?

Upon seeing Marisa, I say that we give her a hug and tell her how sorry we are for not saying a thing to her. She might think that we hate her after coldly ignoring her after waking up from our near death experience. If she plays it off like she's perfectly fine, still hug her, because she's probably only trying to be strong on the outside, she probably wants to apologize to us in person and probably just start crying out. Let her, it'll do her some good after feeling such guilt.
>> No. 98774
[x] Well if it's unlocked, Marisa shouldn't mind you coming in right?
>> No. 98776
You all should feel bad for reading this.
>> No. 98777
>>98776

Troll harder.
>> No. 98778
>>98776
There's far worse things on this board.
>> No. 98781
>>98776

That's funny, here I was about to comment on how I'm enjoying this one more than any other story currently running on this site. What a wacky difference in opinion.
>> No. 98786
>>98776

You should feel bad for posting this.
>> No. 98801
[x] Well if it's unlocked, Marisa shouldn't mind you coming in right?

This is a nice story. Much better than the first attempt. I'm glad the writefag decided to stick with it.
>> No. 98804
>>98801

Where IS the first attempt anyway? I saw that it said v2 in the title so I avoided it for a while to read the first version first, but was never able to find it.
>> No. 98805
>>98804
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OldShame

Just stick to this one, really.
>> No. 98806
>>98804
It's on the old THP site.
>> No. 98813
File 125567710171.gif - (723.83KB , 490x480 , 1251058483179.gif ) [iqdb]
98813
>>98778
>>98786
>>98805
>>98777

You IRC circle jerkers never stop to amaze me.

>>98804
I'll summarize.

>Oh hi, Marisa!
>ZEZEZEZEZE. I'm not really Marisa.
Also,
DA Account.
>> No. 98814
>>98804

The first one exploded into a storm of rage and shit when Anon disapproved of particular things. Kriss let Anon rage and scream, then amazingly came back and apologized and somehow pulled off an incredible reversal. Still, you should avoid it.
>> No. 98815
>>98813

>never stop to amaze me
>> No. 98817
>>98813
Awww, you're just adorable, you silly little faggot.

How about you go whine about big bad imaginary IRC to people who actually go there and give a good goddamn?
>> No. 98825
[X] Well if it's unlocked, Marisa shouldn't mind you coming in, right?
Pretty much called buth me.

And you guys, ignore the troll.
>> No. 98828
>>98813

You must be that douchebag who said you loved YAF the most of all in the cofessions thread.

Take your shit elsewhere, not liking a story doesn't mean you have to be a jackass to the writer and the audience.
>> No. 98845
File 125570930074.jpg - (92.85KB , 563x799 , Reina2008.jpg ) [iqdb]
98845
[x] Well if it's unlocked, Marisa shouldn't mind you coming in right?

Grasping the doorknob, you give it a twist and gently ease the door open. Reimu doesn't seem to offer any objection to your uninvited entry into Marisa's home, and the two of you cross the threshold into Marisa's house. You're immediately overwhelmed by the sheer amount of objects laying all around the house. A staggering amount of objects and items are haphazardly stashed, piled, or simply left laying around on, or in, every available storage space. Some things are merely left on the floor, it's amazing you can even find a way to pick a path through it all without stepping on anything...

"Geez, how can she live like this...?" you wonder aloud.

"Did I ever mention Marisa has a bit of a habit of ah, well... let's just call it 'collecting' things."

You can practically hear the quotes around collecting, "I guess I just didn't think it was quite this... extensive?"

"I do suppose it is a bit much... I think the collection has grown since the last time I've been here actually..."

"Ah...! Reimu and Reina, what are you doing here?" asks a familiar voice in surprise.

The source of the voice is none other then Marisa, of course, standing in a doorway.

"I just thought I'd drop by! You weren't answering the door, and it was unlocked so I just kind of helped myself in... s-sorry."

The witch shook her head, "Ya don't need ta go and apologize about it. If I wanted to keep people out, I'd just lock the door anyway ze."

"Why weren't you answering the door anyway?" asked Reimu, frowning slightly,

"Er, that is I was uhm... occupied for a moment." Marisa chuckled nervously, "I'm free now though! How about you two come on in 'ere? There's a lot more room."

Guiding your way through the distance seperating you from Marisa, you enter the room and, true to her word, it is considerably more clutter-free. This room seems almost like some sort of lab, there's some tables full of various bottles and some bookcases as well... there's even a bed in here! Maybe it functioned as her bedroom too? Judging by the open books at one of the tables you assume the witch had been busy doing some very... witchy things. You note a single window is open in the room, although you can't see why she needs it open since it isn't really hot or cold inside.

The last time you had seen Marisa, her eyes had been red with tears, and yet here she was seemingly normal, grinning as she always did as she and Reimu chatted a little bit.

"What are you doing anyway?" asks the miko, peering at the various vials and bottles.

"Ah, ya know. The usual stuff! Tryin' out some new ideas, though I am lacking someone other then me to test them on..."

"Don't even think about it. I couldn't eat food for days after that one time..." said Reimu quickly, stepping away from the witch,

Marisa chuckled and shook her head, "Well, I wasn't gonna ask you to test them! Or well, I guess now I can't ze..." the witch looks over at you, and notes the food you are carrying, "ah, did ya bring some food Reina? Anythin' for me?"

Smiling, you nod your head, "Yup! Brought something for you, one for Reimu, and one for me... they might be getting a little cold now though but..."

"Ah it's alright. I am kinda hungry... you mind handin' me that?"

---

Lunchtime~:
[ ] Ask if you could speak to Marisa alone?
- [ ] About? (write-in)
[ ] Food time talk!
- [ ] About? (write-in)
[ ] Mandatory write-in

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Mundane Sign: Shattered Table spellcard

It has been noted I had misspelled my username. Whoops.
>> No. 98848
[x] Food time talk!
- [x] The recent training (Marisa would like to hear about that)
- [x] Inquire more into Marisa's experiments.
[x] After lunch, Talk to Marisa alone
-[x] Assure her that there's no hard feelings about what happened
-[x] And that you're sorry for not looking for her sooner.
>> No. 98849
[x] Ask if you could speak to Marisa alone?
[x] Tell Marisa she doesn't have to act so strong like this. Tell her you forgive her, and that despite all that's happened, you still think she's a great friend.

Watch as a tide of votes think that Marisa is actually perfectly fine and don't include something like this in their votes.
>> No. 98856
>>98848
This works.
[x] Food time talk!
- [x] The recent training (Marisa would like to hear about that)
- [x] Inquire more into Marisa's experiments.
[x] After lunch, Talk to Marisa alone
-[x] Assure her that there's no hard feelings about what happened
-[x] And that you're sorry for not looking for her sooner.
>> No. 98857
[x] Food time talk!
- [x] The recent training (Marisa would like to hear about that)
- [x] Inquire more into Marisa's experiments.
[x] After lunch, Talk to Marisa alone
-[x] Assure her that there's no hard feelings about what happened
-[x] And that you're sorry for not looking for her sooner.
>> No. 98858
>>98849
Getting your cover blown in front of an unrelated person whom happens to be a close and respected friend isn't really fun, y'know?
I think that Reina should let her act a little bit longer.
>> No. 98860
[x] Food time talk!
- [x] The recent training (Marisa would like to hear about that)
- [x] Inquire more into Marisa's experiments.
[x] After lunch, Talk to Marisa alone
-[x] Assure her that there's no hard feelings about what happened
-[x] And that you're sorry for not looking for her sooner.
>> No. 98862
[x] Food time talk!
- [x] The recent training (Marisa would like to hear about that)
- [x] Inquire more into Marisa's experiments.
[x] After lunch, Talk to Marisa alone
-[x] Assure her that there's no hard feelings about what happened
-[x] And that you're sorry for not looking for her sooner.
>> No. 98886
[x] Food time talk!
- [x] The recent training (Marisa would like to hear about that)
- [x] Inquire more into Marisa's experiments.
[x] After lunch, Talk to Marisa alone
-[x] Assure her that there's no hard feelings about what happened
-[x] And that you're sorry for not looking for her sooner.
>> No. 98906
File 125572781178.jpg - (163.18KB , 600x666 , de4e2462741e819bc04a8cea028bfd72.jpg ) [iqdb]
98906
[x] Food time talk!
- [x] The recent training (Marisa would like to hear about that)
- [x] Inquire more into Marisa's experiments.
[x] After lunch, Talk to Marisa alone
-[x] Assure her that there's no hard feelings about what happened
-[x] And that you're sorry for not looking for her sooner.

You carefully toss the box of food to the witch, and then the other to Reimu. Opening your own box, the three of you more or less turn Marisa's lab into an informal dining room.

"Oh, Marisa! Reimu says I'm making good progress in my danmaku lessons."

The witch raises an eyebrow curiously, as she slurps up some noodles, "Really? What'd she do Reimu?"

"She actually managed to form danmaku and use it. And not just blink and miss it stuff, but actual bullets. I was impressed really." the miko shrugged, "Maybe I'm just an awesome teacher."

"Reina just obviously has some natural talent or somethin', don't be thinkin' you're some danmaku guru or something ze." taunted the witch playfully, "Bet I could teach Reina way better danmaku then you could!"

"All you'd teach her is how to blast giant, slow blasts of energy! You're all firepower and no tactics or anything!" countered the miko.

Marisa sighed and shrugged her shoulders, "She's soooo in denial Reina, don't listen to her. If you wanna learn real firepower, just come and ask me." the witch grinned before returning her attention to her food.

You chuckle a bit and shake your head, those two got along pretty well it seemed, "What kind of stuff do you do in here anyway Marisa?"

"Mixin' up potions and stuff. I'm not a youkai, or well... naturally talented like Reimu here, so I don't have the same kind of... reserves as they do. I need ta keep up on drinkin' potions to keep my energy up! Of course, I make some other stuff, but I don't think you'd get it 'cause you don't know anythin' about alchemy, right?"

"Alchemy...?"

Marisa grinned and nodded her head, "As I thought! Well, I guess in a nutshell it's just a lot of mixin' stuff to make new stuff. Always tryin' to find new ways to make better potions. Always a lot of fun, 'cept when stuff blows up. I mean, it's still kind of fun in it's own way, but then it gets all messy and stuff ze."

You make a mental note to try to avoid this lab when she was busy experimenting, "I don't really get it, but I suppose it does sound kind of interesting."

"If ya ever wanna help out, I could always use an extra set of hands to pick ingredients!"

"Geez stop suggesting her to help you so much - besides, you know the forest is dangerous, don't go making Reina think it'd be safe to go around picking mushrooms." scolded the miko.

"Aaaah, loosen up! Reina knows I'm only kiddin' anyway ze."

Reimu sighed and shook her head, focusing her attention on her food. You chat about nonsensical banter for a while, until all three of you finish up your meals. With food in your stomach, and everyone pretty content, you suppose now might be a good time to discuss your... behavior a few nights ago.

"Uhm, Marisa... could we speak? In private for a moment?" you ask, casting a quick glance to Reimu.

"Huh? Oh, sure, sure. Ah, could you just step out for a bit Reimu?"

The maiden shrugs, leaving the room without a word. You take up a seat near Marisa, who eyes you curiously.

"So, whats so important ya gotta talk to me in private about ze?"

Your hands feel a bit sweaty as you think of what to say, "W-well... I just wanted to say that I'm... I'm sorry. About that night at the mansion...?"

Although she does her best to hide it, you can't help but notice Marisa flinches ever so slightly, "T-there's nothing to apologize for! I just, ya know, was feelin' a bit stuffy so I just went to get some fresh air... Alice and Sakuya were just overreactin' is all, they're silly people ze."

"Marisa... are you sure? Please, be honest with me... when I went to talk to Reimu about that night, she... she made me think of how inconsiderate I had been that night. I didn't pay you any attention, even when it looked like you had been crying. I wasn't a very good friend to you and... I'm sorry."

You can see Marisa clench her jaw a bit, as she tugs on the brim of her hat a bit to hide her eyes, "W-well... I guess if you're s-so stubborn about this I can... I'll take that apology, even if I all I did was get some fresh air!"

Though you can't see her face, you can pick up a bit of a crack in the witch's voice, and you think you can see a tear roll down her cheek.

---

Is she sad, mad, happy...?
[ ] Comfort Marisa?
- [ ] How? (write-in)
[ ] She's trying so hard to act tough, you should probably...
- [ ] Leave and go... (where?)
- [ ] Leave the room a moment, but stay?
- [ ] Other?
[ ] Mandatory write-in

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Mundane Sign: Shattered Table spellcard
>> No. 98917
[x] Comfort Marisa?
[x] Take her hand, look her straight in the eyes and tell her that after all that, you still want to be friends with her. If she still looks like she's trying to act tough, hug her and tell her again.
>> No. 98921
[x] Comfort Marisa?
-[x] Take her hand, look her straight in the eyes and tell her that after all that, you still want to be friends with her. If she still looks like she's trying to act tough, hug her and tell her again.
>> No. 98936
[x] Comfort Marisa?
-[x] Take her hand, look her straight in the eyes and tell her that after all that, you still want to be friends with her. If she still looks like she's trying to act tough, hug her and tell her again.
>> No. 98940
[X] She's trying so hard to act tough, you should probably...
- [X] Keep looking at her with a smile on your face until her act falls apart.
Then:
[x] Comfort Marisa?
- [x] Hug her.
>> No. 98944
[0] Comfort Marisa?
-[1] Take her hand, look her straight in the eyes and tell her that after all that, you still want to be friends with her. If she still looks like she's trying to act tough, hug her and tell her again.
>> No. 99050
[x] Comfort Marisa?
-[x] Take her hand, look her straight in the eyes and tell her that after all that, you still want to be friends with her. If she still looks like she's trying to act tough, hug her and tell her again.
>> No. 99078
File 125577394752.jpg - (309.27KB , 615x874 , 272facfc929e2c83ebc93a5a2418b0c5.jpg ) [iqdb]
99078
[x] Comfort Marisa?
[x] Take her hand, look her straight in the eyes and tell her that after all that, you still want to be friends with her. If she still looks like she's trying to act tough, hug her and tell her again.

Reaching out you take hold of Marisa's hand, and smile as you look at her.

"We're still friends, right Marisa?"

The witch's grip on your hand tightens, "Y-yeah. Of course! When did you think we weren't? G-geez, making me all teary-eyed for some reason ze..."

You chuckle a bit and draw the witch close, hugging her, "You were my first friend in Gensokyo, I should've treated you better that night. I'm sorry if you thought I was angry with you, and was trying to avoid you... I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again, I'm sorry Marisa, can we still be friends?"

It seems it's finally too much for the witch, as you feel her shake a bit, before you can hear her sobbing quietly and she hugs you tightly. You gently pat her on the back, and hug her a bit tighter.

"I-I thought... I thought you were mad at me. Or that you hated me, despised me... I was sleeping right there! You were dieing, and all I did was sleep... if Sakuya hadn't come along, I would've woken up to find you dead beside me and I... I don't know what I would've done."

"I don't know why I didn't talk to you that night. I should've been more considerate of your feelings, all things considered... but don't blame yourself for anything, ok? It was my fault that happened."

You sit there for sometime, Marisa sobbing into your shoulder, until eventually she begins to stop crying and pulls away from you wiping at her eyes.

"Ah, geez... even though I feel so much better after all that, I feel a bit embarrassed havin' to act so emotional like that. Sorry about gettin' your shoulder all wet like that."

You chuckle and shake your head, "Small price to pay. You don't have to act all tough so much you know."

"You're not gonna be like Alice now are ya? Tellin' me it's not a bad thing to let people know I'm down sometimes, 'stead of just always grinnin' and smilin' are ya ze?"

"Well I guess if Alice is bugging you about it, I don't have to, do I?"

"I don't need two people naggin' me about silly things, so I'd appreciate it." teased the witch playfully.

"I wonder what Reimu thinks we're up to in here..." you wonder aloud, looking at the door.

"Knowin' her she's probably just waiting just outside the door..." Marisa walks up to the door, and slowly opens it.

To find Reimu seated right outside the door, wearing a bored expression on her face, "Geez. Took you two long enough to make up. I was about to fall asleep out here."

You laugh and shake your head, "Geez, looks like you were right Marisa, she was just waiting."

"Yup, that's Reimu for ya. Sorry ta keep ya waitin'."

"Yeah, yeah. Well, now that you got that all taken care of Reina, want to get going on home or something?" asked the miko rising to her feet.

---

Well...:
[ ] Alice is nearby right? She did offer to make you some clothes...
[ ] Maybe we could all go do something? (write-in)
[ ] Just go home.
[ ] Other?

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Mundane Sign: Shattered Table spellcard

System:
> + Marisa Kirisame
>> No. 99080
[x] Alice is nearby right? She did offer to make you some clothes...
-[x] Ask if Reimu and Marisa are willing to stick around; company does make many things more fun.

Chances are Reimu might rather get back to the Shrine, but it never hurts to ask.
>> No. 99081
[x] Alice is nearby right? She did offer to make you some clothes...
-[x] Ask if Reimu and Marisa are willing to stick around; company does make many things more fun.
>> No. 99083
[x] Alice is nearby right? She did offer to make you some clothes...
-[x] Ask if Reimu and Marisa are willing to stick around; company does make many things more fun.
>> No. 99096
[x] Alice is nearby right? She did offer to make you some clothes...
-[x] Ask if Reimu and Marisa are willing to stick around; company does make many things more fun.

All aboard the Hakurei express!
>> No. 99104
File 125579220633.jpg - (516.00KB , 800x800 , 6381960.jpg ) [iqdb]
99104
[x] Alice is nearby right? She did offer to make you some clothes...
-[x] Ask if Reimu and Marisa are willing to stick around; company does make many things more fun.

"Actually, Alice is your neighbor, isn't she Marisa?"

"Well, in a manner of speakin' ze." replied the witch with a nod, "She ain't right nearby, but she's not that far off."

"Planning on paying Alice a visit are we?" asks Reimu,

"W-well, I just thought if I'm in the area already..." you reply with a weak chuckle.

The miko shrugs, "I suppose. I haven't been to Alice's in a while, not sure if I really remember the way..."

"I could take Reina there, I know the way like the back of my hand ze!"

"Actually, do you both just want to come...?" you ask, "You know what they say, the more the merrier."

"Well, I guess I could come along. Not much else going on today..." replies Reimu with a bored yawn,

"We ain't gonna get there just hangin' around at my place! Come on, come on let's go!" cheered Marisa, dashing off to fetch her broom,

All three of you leave Marisa's house, the witch taking up point to lead you and Reimu through the forest. As she does so she occasionally points out various interesting fauna along the way, mostly things that would eat you if you got close, although she mentions some edible mushrooms or plants once in a while. But it's mostly about things that could kill you in very interesting ways - you decide it was a very good idea to have never ventured into the forest on your own, even the pretty-looking flowers would gobble you up...

Your mind wanders to Yuuka, with her power over plants, you wonder how she feels about all these killer plants in the forest. Eventually Marisa leads you and the Hakurei miko to another clearing in the forest, where there is a nice-looking white and blue house. It looks almost brand new, and well maintained, unlike Marisa's. You can see some various dolls floating about the area, and upon seeing you and your group, they dash into the house.

"It's pretty hard ta come into Alice's unnoticed... well, unless you're me o' course." pointed out Marisa matter-of-factly, striding up to the door and knocking on it,

The door is shortly answered by Alice, looking at all of you with mild surprise, "I have to say, I didn't think I'd be seeing you here Reina, or you Reimu. It's very rare to get a visitor besides Marisa... did you need something?"

"I thought since I was in the area already, if I could drop by?"

The puppeteer nods her head, and returns the smile, "Very well. Come on in, would you like some tea or anything...?"

~

Alice gives you an amused smile as she takes a sip of tea, "I knew you had more in mind then just a simple visit... not that I mind of course. I suppose I did need to see you in order to make you any clothes..."

"Just don't go makin' her lookin' like a walkin' rainbow Alice." teased the witch, munching on a teacake.

"If you do, I could always just have Rinnosuke make her something." offered the miko, smirking.

The puppeteer sighs, and places her teacup on the table, "You act as if all I make is what you see me wear... besides, I'm a much better tailor and seamstress then that shopkeeper." rising from her seat, she beckons you to follow her, "Just follow me, I'll need to get some measurements..."

---

M-measurements...!?:
[ ] Nothing to worry about!
- [ ] Ask her to make sure the top is a bit baggy, so no one really knows, well...
- [ ] If you got it, flaunt it?
- [ ] Other?
[ ] FREAK OUT. RUN AWAAAAAY.
[ ] Other.

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Mundane Sign: Shattered Table spellcard

You're more or less going to end up defining some of Reina's physical traits here by the way she reacts to this entire situation.
...
Unless you just freak out and run away, then it'll still be kind of vague.
>> No. 99105
[x] Nothing to worry about!
-[x] If you got it, flaunt it?

We've never had a large busted female character as far as I know.
>> No. 99106
>We've never had a large busted female character as far as I know.

I'd say we're overdue by now.

[x] Nothing to worry about!
-[x] If you got it, flaunt it?
>> No. 99108
[0] Nothing to worry about!
-[1] If you got it, flaunt it?
>> No. 99109
>>99106
I don't like those, but what the heck you're right.

[x] Nothing to worry about!
-[x] If you got it, flaunt it?
>> No. 99110
[x] Nothing to worry about!
-[x] If you got it, flaunt it?
>> No. 99111
[x] Nothing to worry about!
-[x] If you got it, flaunt it?
>> No. 99113
[x] Nothing to worry about!
-[x] If you got it, flaunt it?
-[x] But have it tastefully snug

Reina's a good girl so this sound about right.
>> No. 99114
[x] Nothing to worry about!
-[x] If you got it, flaunt it?
>> No. 99124
[x] Nothing to worry about!
-[x] If you got it, flaunt it?

What about her rear side?
>> No. 99127
[x] Nothing to worry about!
-[x] If you got it, flaunt it?

>>99105
>We've never had a large busted female character as far as I know.
Adahn?
>> No. 99129
>>99105

I do doubt she's too busy (previous reactions to Yuuka suggest she's smaller than the busty Flower Youkai)
>> No. 99130
>>99127

As far as I know she was average size.
>> No. 99131
[x] Nothing to worry about!
-[x] If you got it, flaunt it?

>>99124
She's got a DAT ASS.
>> No. 99134
>>99130

Adahn was actually above average in the chest. Not milktank level but it was her most... distinct feature.
>> No. 99135
[x] Nothing to worry about!
-[x] If you got it, flaunt it?
>> No. 99144
>>99134
Her most distinct feature was striped stockings.
>> No. 99160
>>99144

As in her body not her clothes.
>> No. 99204
File 125581986922.jpg - (66.25KB , 717x1024 , ReinaNewCostume015.jpg ) [iqdb]
99204
[x] Nothing to worry about!
-[x] If you got it, flaunt it?

Placing your nearly empty tea cup on the table, you get up and follow Alice. She leads you upstairs and down a hallway, before arriving in a large room filled with various bolts of cloth and sewing tools. It reminds you of your own workshop, only much larger and filled with different supplies. Alice digs into a box, retrieving a measuring tape.

"Well, if you'd just take your clothes off I can get this all done with."

You blush and recoil slightly, "H-huh!? Why do I need to..."

Alice frowns slightly, "You've never been...? Well, regardless... I could get your measurements with your clothes on, but then I need to take into account your clothes... if they're not in the way, then well it's a much more precise measurement." she tilts her head to the side, "Although, if you have an issue with it..."

"N-no, it's fine I was just a bit, ah... surprised, is all." you reply, shaking your head.

The puppeteer smiles a bit and nods, "I would guess you've probably never had to undress in front of someone? If you like, you can just undress behind that screen there." Alice points off to a screen in the corner of the room,

Nodding you scurry behind the safety of the screen, carefully undressing and leaving your discarded clothing in a somewhat messy pile. You cautiously poke your head out from the protective cover of the screen.

"Do I ah, need to take it all off...?"

"Well, that would be ideal however... I can account for undergarments much easier then clothing. If you're more comfortable with them on..."

You weakly nod your head, blushing a bit, "J-just a bit..."

The youkai offers you a reassuring smile, "That's fine then. It'll only take me a few moments, then you can get dressed again Reina."

Leaving the safety and concealment of the screen you stand near Alice, only dressed in your undergarments, as she uses the tape to gather up various measurements. You can't help but blush during the entire ordeal, especially whenever she makes contact with your skin, no matter how brief, or where. While Alice was a girl, and there isn't anything you had she hadn't seen before, it was still the first time you had really been in front of someone in this level of undress - if you had to be naked, you just might faint instead from embarrassment.

Scribbling down the last measurement, the youkai nods her head, "Alright then. That's all I needed, you can get dressed now Reina." she giggles as you scurry behind cover, "I don't know why you're so jittery about this. I have to say... you have much better measurements then I thought you would have really. To be honest, I think I might just be a little jealous..." the youkai laughs, and you can't be certain if she really means it or is just teasing.

"Well, I just never really had friends before, so... I've never had to be in any sort of undress in front of anyone before." you reply with a weak chuckle, "And y-you think so...?"

"You've got good all-round measurements really, and you even manage to have a pretty healthy bust too... I wonder what you ate to get a body like that." the youkai laughs again, getting up from her desk to start rummaging through her supplies, "It shouldn't take me long to whip up something. You can go ahead and just wait with Marisa and Reimu, alright?"

"You can make a set of clothes that quickly...?" you ask surprised.

Alice nods her head, "Well, knowing magic certainly helps, not to mention being able to control dolls. I'll get you when it's all done."

Returning downstairs, you find Marisa and Reimu engaged in a conversation about danmaku or an incident - you're not really sure. The witch notices you first and waves at you.

"Ah, done already? How'd it go ze?"

You return to your original seat, noting your tea cup had been refilled, "Ah, nothing special really..."

"Gonna tell us your measurements, now that you know them?" teased Reimu,

"We never did really get a good look in that hot spring, did we?" pointed out Marisa with a grin,

You sigh and shake your head, "R-really... you two are quite odd..."

"Just teasing you Reina, don't worry about it. I'm sure whatever your measurements are, they're just fine. You look pretty healthy and fit after all."

"Maybe I'll just steal the paper later ze..." boasted the witch, grinning broadly as she laughed.

~

It only takes a few hours, give or take, before the puppeteer returns downstairs to fetch you. Trying on the new clothes, you find they're a very nice fit... and just seem to feel nice overall. You can't help but notice the top seems to define your bust a bit much, and when questioned Alice merely says: "Well if you've got it, why not show it?"

She had even made you a set of belts to wear with it, and one had a long chain dangling from it. Examining the chain, you can't help but wonder why she put it there.

"I thought you could use it to hold your grimoire. Seems safer then holding it or putting it in a bag." answered Alice,

"But the grimoire doesn't..." you start to say, looking at the cover.

To find in the corner, a set of holes has appeared that would just perfectly fit a chain looping through them. When had those gotten there? You knew they weren't there before... well, whatever, who were you to question a magical book?

"Thank you Alice, I don't think I've ever worn anything that feels so... fancy? I think that's the word..."

The puppeteer smiles and shakes her head, "Think nothing of it. I haven't made anything, besides things for me or my dolls, in a while so it was kind of refreshing. If you ever need something made... don't hesitate to ask. Just don't come wandering into the forest without Marisa or Reimu though, I wouldn't want you getting eaten."

You chuckle and nod your head, "I wouldn't like being eaten by a plant on the way here either. Didn't know just about everything here wants to eat someone... don't know how you and Marisa can live here."

"You get used to it. Well, feel free to leave anytime, thanks for dropping by."

---

You've got new clothes!:
[ ] Might be a good time to go home?
- [ ] Do what? (write-in)
[ ] Reimu probably wants to get back to the shrine.
- [ ] Hang out there?
- [ ] Other?
[ ] Maybe you could take up Marisa's offer to learn magic, or something?
- [ ] Ask if Reimu wants to go back to the shrine?
- [ ] Other?
[ ] Mandatory write-in

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Mundane Sign: Shattered Table spellcard

I've forgotten to mention, but all Reina art thus far is credited to MikoSpark.
>> No. 99206
[ ] Maybe you could take up Marisa's offer to learn magic, or something?
- [ ] Ask if Reimu wants to go back to the shrine?
>> No. 99211
[x] Maybe you could take up Marisa's offer to learn magic, or something?
-[x] Ask if Reimu wants to go back to the shrine?
>> No. 99215
[0] Maybe you could take up Marisa's offer to learn magic, or something?
-[1] Ask if Reimu wants to go back to the shrine?
>> No. 99219
[x] Maybe you could take up Marisa's offer to learn magic, or something?
-[x] Ask if Reimu wants to go back to the shrine?
>> No. 99221
[x] Maybe you could take up Marisa's offer to learn magic, or something?
- [x] Ask if Reimu wants to go back to the shrine?

Seems Reina's Keine grade now.

Also it's not too unusual for a sickly girl to have a nice figure (prime example in some fanworks: Patchy)
>> No. 99226
[x] Maybe you could take up Marisa's offer to learn magic, or something?
-[x] Ask if Reimu wants to go back to the shrine?
>> No. 99277
[x] Maybe you could take up Marisa's offer to learn magic, or something?
-[x] Ask if Reimu wants to go back to the shrine?
>> No. 99318
File 125585066665.jpg - (754.31KB , 717x1012 , c977c74f9200154e9e9a5a50f5363a10.jpg ) [iqdb]
99318
[x] Maybe you could take up Marisa's offer to learn magic, or something?
- [x] Ask if Reimu wants to go back to the shrine?

Looking at yourself in the mirror again, you wonder how Reimu or Marisa will react seeing you dressed up like this. Heading back downstairs, you find your friends still in the same area, although Reimu has lazily lounged herself on the couch, and Marisa busies herself with reading one of Alice's books. Peering over the book, Marisa notices you first, and seems to gawk for a moment, before shaking her head.

"W-wow, ah... looks nice there Reina. What do ya think, Reimu?"

The miko lazily turns her head to look at you, "Didn't think Alice could make something like that actually..." she sits up and studies you with a bored expression, "though I guess it does really emphasize some... h-has Reina always looked like that?"

"Did we really miss seein' that in the hot spring...?" asked the witch softly to her red-white friend.

The two begin to whisper to one another, casting an occasional glance at you, and you can't help but feel a little awkward... why are they talking in such hushed tones!?

"What are you two talking about over there...?" you ask taking a few steps forward to try to hear.

The witch sticks her tongue out and laughs, "Nothin', nothin'! Don't go worryin' about it. The clothes look good Reina, much better then I thought rainbow-y Alice could do ze."

"I've never seen her make something besides dresses, so this is a first for me. It does look pretty good..." added Reimu with a nod,

You sigh and shake your head, "Well, thanks for all the compliments, even though I suspect you're hiding something from me..."

Marisa smiles innocently, "Ah don't be silly! Well, now that you got your clothes, what did you wanna do?"

"Actually, remember when you made some offers to teach me some things, Marisa?" the witch nods her head in response, "You think you want to give me a few lessons today?"

"Danmaku lessons and now magic, and who knows what else lessons? My, my Reina has a thirst for knowledge..." comments the miko.

Marisa grins broadly, "Sure! I could use a hand with some experiments anyway... it'll be fun ze!"

"Before we go Marisa... Reimu, did you want to go back to the shrine? If I need to get back home, Marisa will take me, right?"

Reimu shrugs her shoulders, "Works for me. It's been a pretty fun time, but I do need to get back to the shrine... just don't think because you're taking lessons from Marisa that I won't expect you to be on time for my lessons!" the miko smirked.

"Come on Reina, let's get goin'! Wait too long and it'll get dark, then we can't go lookin' for ingredients ze!" said the witch eagerly, grabbing you by the hand and pulling you outside.

~

Marisa peers over the various formulas and symbols drawn on your paper, with quick strokes she scribbles corrections onto it before returning it to you. You resist the urge to sigh, as she once again corrects your mistakes, and points out if you had tried to use this, you may have just hurt yourself. Magic was harder then you thought...

"I guess for a first timer though, you're catchin' on kinda quick. At least you're a good assistant in fetching me things, ze." complimented the witch, patting you on the back.

"I've been wondering... you use magic a lot, right? Well, isn't it the same as danmaku?"

The witch shook her head, "Not exactly the same. See, the danmaku Reimu is teachin' you is based around spirit and faith. Danmaku I use, along with Alice and Patchouli, replaces the spirit with magic. I guess it works kinda the same, but it's pretty different really."

"So, is all danmaku based around faith...?"

"Well for us humans it usually is. Ya see, youkai don't like faith. It hurts 'em. Not that danmaku is meant to kill anyone, but it'd be the only way to actually make a youkai feel any kinda pain in a duel." Marisa glances outside her window, noting the darkness, "Oops... I guess I kept you here longer then I thought, it's already dark out ze!"

"I guess the forest is even more dangerous at night, isn't it...?" you ask after looking out the window.

"Incredibly dangerous. Even I don't really like goin' out at night if I can help it... not only are the youkai more active, but it's harder to see anythin', so it's easier to get stuck in a trap or somethin'. You should probably stay the night, unless you really wanna head back home..."

---

Nighttime at the Forest:
[ ] It seems dangerous, just stay at Marisa's.
- [ ] Does Marisa have a guest room you could sleep in?
- [ ] Sleep in Marisa's room...?
- [ ] You're pretty hungry, could Marisa cook something?
- [ ] Maybe you should see about cooking up dinner for you and Marisa...
- [ ] Other?
[ ] Should just go home...
- [ ] Offer to let Marisa spend the night?
- [ ] Cook dinner?
- [ ] Other?
[ ] Write-in

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Mundane Sign: Shattered Table spellcard

System:
> + Marisa Kirisame
> + Reimu Hakurei
> + Alice Margatroid
>> No. 99320
[x] Should just go home...
-[x] Cook dinner?
>> No. 99322
[x] It seems dangerous, just stay at Marisa's.
- [x] Sleep in Marisa's room...?
- [x] You're pretty hungry, could Marisa cook something?
>> No. 99324
[x] It seems dangerous, just stay at Marisa's.
- [x] Sleep in Marisa's room...?
>> No. 99327
[x] It seems dangerous, just stay at Marisa's.
- [x] Sleep in Marisa's room...?
>> No. 99329
[x] It seems dangerous, just stay at Marisa's.
- [x] Sleep in Marisa's room...?
>> No. 99333
[+] It seems dangerous, just stay at Marisa's.
-[+] Sleep in Marisa's room...?

>Ya see, youkai don't like faith. It hurts 'em.
You make it sound like the legends of vampires and their reaction to crosses.

Actually, according to canon info, youkai pretty much exist only because of human belief in their existence. That's also the reason faith-based weaponry hurts them in ways physical weaponry can't - it strikes at part of their core makeup.

Also worthy of note is that, for the same reason, the faith of youkai counts for more than that of humans when it comes to giving belief (and thus power) to gods.

That's not to say that this is a critical mistake that requires a re-write of that update. Way I see it, while Marisa would never have made that mistake, she might be simplifying it drastically for Reina's sake.
Giving that as an explanation some time later would help.
>> No. 99338
[x] It seems dangerous, just stay at Marisa's.
- [x] Does Marisa have a guest room you could sleep in?
- [x] Maybe you should see about cooking up dinner for you and Marisa...
>> No. 99342
[x] It seems dangerous, just stay at Marisa's.
- [x] Sleep in Marisa's room...?
- [x] You're pretty hungry, could Marisa cook something?
>> No. 99346
File 125587439667.png - (645.92KB , 799x571 , 1251760732970.png ) [iqdb]
99346
[x] It seems dangerous, just stay at Marisa's.
- [x] Sleep in Marisa's room...?

"I wouldn't wish to trouble you, if it's not a problem could I just stay the night here? You could bring me back home in the morning."

The witch nodded, "Not a problem at all! 'Sides, you've let me spend the night at your house a few times already, least I can do is letcha stay the night here ze." she glances out the window, "A lot more comfy in here, then inside a youkai's stomach."

You chuckle weakly in response, "I-I bet... ah, would you mind letting me sleep in your room, Marisa?"

"Not at all! Didn't really have any guest rooms or anythin' set up anyway, so the only other option would be the couch or somethin'..." the witch gestures to the bed in the lab, "not that you haven't been in my room already ze."

"T-this is your room...?!" you gasp in surprise.

"Is it that odd? I mean, I do so much in here already! May as well make it into my room ze!" stated Marisa matter-of-factly,

You shake your head quickly, "I didn't mean it in... w-well, what I meant to say is... ah..." you frown and sigh, "ok, I'll admit it is a little odd."

"I guess I'm just an odd person then ze!" boasted the witch, wearing that usual silly grin of her's.

Smiling and shaking your head, you get up to take a better look at the bed in Marisa's 'room'. While it's nowhere near as big as your own, you wonder if it could even comfortably fit two people without some rather... close physical contact. Not that you haven't had that before, but...

"You sure you don't mind letting me sleep here? Your bed doesn't look all that big..." you ask curiously.

"Ah, it'll be fine! 'Sides, we can keep each other warm then, right?"

You blush somewhat at that thought, hiding your face from view, "I-I guess..."

"You wanna get a bite to eat or anythin' first?" asked Marisa curiously,

Although you feel a bit hungry, you decide your hunger can wait until tomorrow, besides didn't Reimu say something about Marisa's cooking...?

"I'm not hungry right now, but thanks for offering."

"Don't mention it," the witch yawns and stretches, "well then, guess it's time for some sleep!"

~

You browse through the small assortment of notes stuck onto your door (you really needed to find out a better system for this), carefully tucking them away. Nothing more then simple, small time jobs and nothing from either the Scarlet Devil Mansion or Eientei, or anyone you knew for that matter. Heading inside, you find the usual Bunbunmaru paper and pick it up, quickly skimming through it's contents with mild interest. Aya sure went through a lot of effort to publish this, so you figure, but it rarely seemed to have anything noteworthy in it.

Storing the paper aside, you go about preparing breakfast, the witch leaving to "go look for tasty mushrooms ze", as she put it. Munching on some toast, you wonder how you could go about spending your morning. There was a lack of serious work to do, and quite a bit of downtime... you did have some appointments to attend to, but... well, what to do, what to do...

---

Another day, another uh... ryo? Maybe?:
[ ] Better check up on the plants...
[ ] Go shopping?
- [ ] You do need a watering can, don't you?
- [ ] Other?
[ ] Just head straight to the Shrine.
- [ ] Bring food?
- [ ] Other?
[ ] Other.

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Mundane Sign: Shattered Table spellcard
>> No. 99348
>>99333

Maybe this faith is different from blief? You know, faith is specific belief in gods, while common belief is a general thing.
>> No. 99350
>>99348

I think perhaps faith might be used as a general term for belief.

[x] Go shopping?
- [x] You do need a watering can, don't you?
-[x] Go pick up some snack for Reimu.
[x] Better check up on the plants...
>> No. 99351
[x] Go shopping?
-[x] You do need a watering can, don't you?
-[x] Go pick up some snack for Reimu.
[x] Better check up on the plants...
>> No. 99360
[x] Go shopping?
-[x] You do need a watering can, don't you?
-[x] Go pick up some snack for Reimu.
[x] Better check up on the plants...
>> No. 99364
[x] Go shopping?
-[x] You do need a watering can, don't you?
-[x] Go pick up some snack for Reimu.
[x] Better check up on the plants...
>> No. 99366
[0] Go shopping?
-[1] You do need a watering can, don't you?
-[2] Go pick up some snack for Reimu.
[3] Better check up on the plants...
>> No. 99369
[x] Go shopping?
-[x] You do need a watering can, don't you?
-[x] Go pick up some snack for Reimu.
[x] Better check up on the plants...
>> No. 99383
File 125589801346.jpg - (162.07KB , 500x500 , 1529199.jpg ) [iqdb]
99383
>Smiling and shaking your head, you get up to take a better look at the bed in Marisa's 'room'. While it's nowhere near as big as your own, you wonder if it could even comfortably fit two people without some rather... close physical contact. Not that you haven't had that before, but...

>"Don't mention it," the witch yawns and stretches, "well then, guess it's time for some sleep!"
>[TIMESKIP LOL]
>You browse through the small assortment of notes stuck onto your door

WHY YOU DO THIS?
>> No. 99396
[+] Read the notes.
[+] Go shopping for:
-[+] A watering can
-[+] A sturdy bag to carry the grimoire
-[+] Some snacks for Reimu
[+] Better check up on the plants...
>> No. 99412
File 125591116251.jpg - (99.96KB , 500x1099 , 1a8ea9e1a95843fb0ab7a1f497ee910c.jpg ) [iqdb]
99412
[x] Go shopping?
-[x] You do need a watering can, don't you?
-[x] Go pick up some snack for Reimu.
[x] Better check up on the plants...

Yuuka's plants did need care, but without a watering can you could do little more then stare at them and hope they didn't shrivel up and die. Which likely would end up with the youkai visiting and turning you into fertilizer for a lucky flower out there somewhere... so going down to the village and tracking down a watering can would probably be in your best interest. Finishing up your breakfast, lazily depositing the dishes in the sink, you head upstairs to take a bath. After all you did end up spending the night at Marisa's and didn't ever take a bath yesterday after Reimu's lessons, although you did get a fresh change of clothes but...

Come to think of it, last night had been the first time you had shared a bed with Marisa since that night at the mansion, which wasn't exactly a very good night for either of you...

~

Marisa had respectfully left the room for you to get undressed for bed, while both of you had seen one another in little more then undergarments, there was something awkward about being able to undress within view of one another. At least for you, anyway, given Marisa's personality you had to guess she didn't really mind, but was kind enough to respect your wishes. She was a good friend like that.

Neatly folding and placing the clothes Alice made you aside, your more dirty and sweat-stained clothes left in a messy pile, you crawled under the safety of the covers. As if on cue, you heard a gentle knock on the door.

"Can I come in Reina?"

"Come on in Marisa." you reply.

The door pops open, with the witch's head peering in before she enters and shuts the door behind her. Although she's shedded her dress, leaving only the white underdress beneath it, she's still wearing that iconic hat of her's. That wasn't the first time you've seen her wear it like this though, she must really like that hat, or forget she has it on half the time.

You smile and point to Marisa's head, "You going to sleep with that on?"

Marisa trails her hands up to her head, where she seems surprised to find her hat, she laughs and tosses her hat to hang on the back of a chair, "I bet I've probably done that before without realizin' it. Guess it's just a bit of a habit to always wear it ze..."

"I guess that isn't a bad habit. You look pretty cute when you have it on."

A light blush appears on the witch's face, "Y-yeah think so...?"

"W-well, uhm, ah... y-yeah! I mean, uhm, that is not that I er..." you fidget nervously, looking away as your own face reddens, "f-forget it. Let's just get some sleep, r-right?"

As quickly as it appeared, the blush was gone, "Right, right! Ya gotta be well-rested for your beatin' from Reimu tomorrow." teased Marisa with a grin,

You stick your tongue out at your friend's joke, "I'll be more useful then a punching bag someday!"

"I don't doubt ya will, after all if that crazy flower youkai said you could do it, well... who knows."

Marisa shrugs, and slips into the bed with you. The small size of the bed is readily apparent, as you're already almost touching. You can practically feel the heat from her body almost... agh! Why are you thinking about that right now!? You roll away from Marisa, in an effort to hide your blushing face. From the amused chuckle you hear from the witch, it's obvious your embarrassment with this whole situation is terribly amusing.

"Good night Reina." said the witch, hugging herself close to you and ruffling your head, "I'll see you in the morning."

~

It had been a pretty good night really, the bed was a bit small, but having Marisa right there well... well, there you go again, thinking odd thoughts like that again. Pushing the thought aside, you fish about in your pocket for some money to purchase the watering can you had found after a bit of browsing. Now you could finally take proper care of Yuuka's plants! Though you wish you had a more suitable source of water then having to use the sink inside, but ah well, what could you do about that?

Before you head back home, you grab a usual assortment of snacks to bring to your 'teacher' for later. You were pretty sure even if you bought out the whole store, the miko would find some way to eat them all in the span of a few hours... maybe you should try buying her less sweets, and more actual food. Oh well, it was kind of nice seeing her act a bit more normal, you guess it was kind of cute too... agh! Why are you thinking of your friends in that way!?

Making your way back home, you head inside and drop off the bag of snacks, before starting to fill up your watering can. As you stood there, waiting for it to fill, you thought back to when you just came in the door a few moments ago... you had locked it up before you left, but now that you thought about it, did you even have to unlock it to come inside...?

"If you needed a watering can, little flower, I could've easily gotten you one." commented a voice from behind you.

Had you been capable of doing so, you probably would've jumped high enough to smash your head into the ceiling, "D-didn't expect to see you Yuuka."

"I hadn't seen you in a little while, and you hadn't contacted me... I was just wondering what you were up to." commented the youkai, "I had to make sure you were taking proper care of my plants as well... a bit disappointing you took this long to water them, but ah, at least they look happy..."

---

Surprise Yuuka!:
[ ] Talk to Yuuka...
- [ ] About?
[ ] Offer her a bite to eat? Something to drink?
[ ] Other?

Pending:
[x] Better check up on the plants...

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Mundane Sign: Shattered Table spellcard
>> No. 99418
[x] Talk to Yuuka...
-[x] Danmaku. You've finally managed to produce a shot!
-[x] The grimoire. Tell her about how it's keeping you alive.
-[x] What's she done lately?
[x] Offer her a bite to eat? Something to drink?
[x] After you've watered the flowers, ask her I she'd like to go on a walk with you.
>> No. 99422
[+] Talk to Yuuka...
-[+] Danmaku. You've finally managed to produce a shot!
-[+] The grimoire. Tell her about how it's keeping you alive.
-[+] What's she done lately?
[+] Offer her a bite to eat? Something to drink?

Change "Watering the Plants" to
[+] Water the plants while talking with Yuuka about them

I don't think we'd have time for practice with Reimu if we take the time to stroll around with Yuuka.

But...
[+] Ask if Yuuka would like to come with you to your practice with Reimu.
>> No. 99430
[x] Talk to Yuuka...
-[x] Danmaku. You've finally managed to produce a shot!
-[x] The grimoire. Tell her about how it's keeping you alive.
-[x] What's she done lately?
[x] Offer her a bite to eat? Something to drink?
[x] Water the plants while talking with Yuuka about them
[x] Ask if Yuuka would like to come with you to your practice with Reimu.
>> No. 99431
[0] Talk to Yuuka...
-[1] Danmaku. You've finally managed to produce a shot!
-[2] The grimoire. Tell her about how it's keeping you alive.
-[3] What's she done lately?
[4] Offer her a bite to eat? Something to drink?
[5] Water the plants while talking with Yuuka about them
[6] Ask if Yuuka would like to come with you to your practice with Reimu.
>> No. 99432
[x] Talk to Yuuka...
-[x] Danmaku. You've finally managed to produce a shot!
-[x] The grimoire. Tell her about how it's keeping you alive.
-[x] What's she done lately?
[x] Offer her a bite to eat? Something to drink?
[x] Water the plants while talking with Yuuka about them
[x] Ask if Yuuka would like to come with you to your practice with Reimu.
>> No. 99436
[x] Talk to Yuuka...
-[x] Danmaku. You've finally managed to produce a shot!
-[x] The grimoire. Tell her about how it's keeping you alive.
-[x] What's she done lately?
[x] Offer her a bite to eat? Something to drink?
[x] Water the plants while talking with Yuuka about them
[x] Ask if Yuuka would like to come with you to your practice with Reimu.
>> No. 99440
[x] Talk to Yuuka...
-[x] Danmaku. You've finally managed to produce a shot!
-[x] The grimoire. Tell her about how it's keeping you alive.
-[x] What's she done lately?
[x] Offer her a bite to eat? Something to drink?
[x] Water the plants while talking with Yuuka about them
[x] Ask if Yuuka would like to come with you to your practice with Reimu.
>> No. 99443
[x] Talk to Yuuka...
-[x] Danmaku. You've finally managed to produce a shot!
-[x] The grimoire. Tell her about how it's keeping you alive.
-[x] What's she done lately?
[x] Offer her a bite to eat? Something to drink?
[x] Water the plants while talking with Yuuka about them
[x] Ask if Yuuka would like to come with you to your practice with Reimu.

bandwagon
>> No. 99445
File 125592031554.jpg - (40.14KB , 450x487 , b70a6fc94d95ea7d7260a0cc3e077b23.jpg ) [iqdb]
99445
[x] Talk to Yuuka...
-[x] Danmaku. You've finally managed to produce a shot!
-[x] The grimoire. Tell her about how it's keeping you alive.
-[x] What's she done lately?
[x] Offer her a bite to eat? Something to drink?
[x] Water the plants while talking with Yuuka about them
[x] Ask if Yuuka would like to come with you to your practice with Reimu.

You chuckle weakly, "Ah... y-yeah, sorry... I never had plants back home so I never really owned a hose or watering can. And then I was out and about all day yesterday, it must've slipped my mind."

"Don't worry about it little flower, as long as you remembered in the end. I can't expect you to devout your life to my plants, after all..." her voice seems to sound a little disappointed, before it returns to normal, "that aside, I trust you've been well, little flower?"

"Well, a lot has happened over the past few days actually... I suppose, in the end, I've been well. During the time to here though?" you shrug, placing the filled watering can on the counter, "Perhaps I could interest you in something to eat, or drink? If you want to hear about it."

"I already ate, but if you would like to make some tea..."

As you expected, "Of course, just a moment then. Afraid the tea plants you grew aren't ready last I checked."

"They should be ready within a few more days I believe. Whatever you have will do nicely." the youkai shrugs her shoulders, "While we wait, why don't you tell me how you've been, Reina?"

"I suppose I'll start with the better news first. Yesterday, during Reimu's lessons, I actually managed to make a danmaku bullet she could see! I couldn't really duel still, but I guess I at least would to surprise a random youkai?"

The flower youkai chuckles, "Ah but that isn't news to me, little flower. After all, I had seen you do it before... even if just for the briefest moment. I never doubted you could do it. Your progress is just as I would expect from my little flower." she tilts her head slightly to the side, "However, your wording suggests something bad has happened to you recently?"

"Ah, well... yes. I spent sometime at the mansion, having Patchouli research my grimoire. I left it in her care for the night, while I slept across the hall and... long story and drama aside, I can't be seperated from the grimoire for long. If I do, I'll die."

Yuuka's eyes widen in surprise, "So it is a grimoire then? And it's keeping you alive?" the youkai frowns just ever so slightly, "I had not ever considered that to be a possibility... highly curious. Thank you for sharing that, Reina. I wish I could help somehow, but grimoires are beyond my understanding. And if the shut-in couldn't help you, I confess I cannot think of anyone else, other then Yukari herself."

"Don't worry about it, while I guess it's a little strange keeping it with me isn't difficult at all. So I guess it's not much of a problem, really... that's all I've been up to really. How about yourself Yuuka, anything you've been up to lately?" you ask, pouring some tea into a cup.

The youkai takes the cup with a smile, "Myself? Nothing of much importance I confess. Little more then tending to my flower fields, and the occasional check-up with the village's florist. I'm afraid interesting things do not happen to me, little flower."

Pouring yourself a cup, you take a seat at the table, "Well perhaps I could try to make it interesting then! Would you want to come with me when I go to Reimu's for my lessons?"

"I don't see why not. You, of course, were going to water the plants first, correct?" asks Yuuka in an amused tone,

You chuckle and smile, "Of course. I wouldn't forget about them, especially when you're sitting right in front of me!"

~

Given the sheer amount of plants around your house, you thought watering them would take quite a bit of time. However, with Yuuka's knowledge of plants, she is able to easily tell you which plants need the most water, and which need the least. Not to mention telling you the proper amounts of water to use, fertilization schedules, and a bunch of other plant-related knowledge.

It's almost enough to make your head spin, trying to remember it all, but you put forth the effort - if not just for Yuuka's sake, but also she wouldn't grind you into a powder if you kill all her plants. With your gardening duties attended to, you grab the snacks you bought, and head out with the flower youkai to the Hakurei shrine. As you cut through the village, you notice the villagers tend to avoid you - a sharp contrast to their greetings last time - with the youkai in tow. Did they all really fear her that much...?

You found Yuuka rather enjoyable to be around, and she seemed rather friendly. So why did the villagers seem to fear her so much? Or for that matter, people in general? You push the thoughts aside for now, whatever people think of Yuuka doesn't matter, you like being around her and that's all that matters. When you reach the shrine, you find Reimu in her usual location, who (as usual) eyes the bag of snacks you are carrying. Then she notices the flower youkai.

"Bringing company are we Reina?"

"Ah, well yeah... you don't mind, do you?" you ask sheepishly rubbing the back of your head.

"Eh, doesn't matter to me either way... well, today I'm feeling a little undecided. So here's what we'll do... you pick the lesson for today. We can either go over danmaku, hand-to-hand, flying, or spell card creation." the miko sips at some of her tea, "And while you decide, can you give me that bag of food you've got there...?"

---

Hakurei lessons!:
[ ] You're just starting to get good at it, so why not danmaku?
[ ] Maybe you'll be better at hand-to-hand now?
[ ] If you knew how to fly, you could get around a lot easier...
[ ] Spell cards seem fun!
[ ] Other?

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Mundane Sign: Shattered Table spellcard

System:
> + Yuuka Kazami
>> No. 99450
[x] If you knew how to fly, you could get around a lot easier...

Flight would make it easier to get to and from the Shrine

Then I think we should try to improve our basic danmaku shot next.
>> No. 99451
[x] If you knew how to fly, you could get around a lot easier...
>> No. 99453
[x] If you knew how to fly, you could get around a lot easier...
>> No. 99454
[x] If you knew how to fly, you could get around a lot easier...
>> No. 99461
[0] If you knew how to fly, you could get around a lot easier...
>> No. 99467
[x] If you knew how to fly, you could get around a lot easier...
>> No. 99475
[x] If you knew how to fly, you could get around a lot easier...
>> No. 99481
[ℤℯ] If you knew how to fly, you could get around a lot easier...

>>99412
I like this picture. A lot.
>> No. 99486
>You found Yuuka rather enjoyable to be around, and she seemed rather friendly. So why did the villagers seem to fear her so much? Or for that matter, people in general?
>grind you into a powder if you kill all her plants
Wow, I wonder.

also I don't understand this:
>I suppose, in the end, I've been well. During the time to here though?" you shrug
>> No. 99499
File 125596995396.jpg - (210.52KB , 1000x1000 , 5013104191ec5849223ffa104e97a5ea.jpg ) [iqdb]
99499
[x] If you knew how to fly, you could get around a lot easier...

Chuckling, you toss the bag of food to the miko, whom begins to dig through it feverishly, "Well, how about something new? You did offer to teach me to fly, remember?"

Reimu looks up from the bag, a half-eaten candy bar already in her mouth, "Huh? Oh! Right, I did didn't I?" she finishes the rest of the candy bar before continuing, "Guess if you wanted to learn something hard..."

"As I recall, didn't you have issues learning how to fly shrine maiden?" teased the youkai, smirking slightly.

"S-shut up! That was a long time ago, and I can do it without Genji or any help at all, thank you very much!" retorted Reimu hotly,

"Genji...?" you ask, tilting your head to the side.

"N-nothing at all! Now ah, let me just gather my thoughts here a moment... first we need to uhm..."

"First perhaps, it would be best if..." started the youkai, before receiving a harsh glare from the miko, she chuckles lightly, "very well, shrine maiden. I'm sure you'll figure it out eventually."

Reimu puffed out her cheeks and nodded her head, "Of course I will! How about you just take a seat for now, Reina? I'll just need to think on it a little longer... maybe if she just kind of flails her arms... no, that's silly, how would that work...?"

Maybe this wasn't such the greatest idea.

~

The miko stared at you blankly, before throwing her hands up and sighing, "W-well, the important thing is you uhm... ah, learned how to... that is you..."

"Taught my little flower only the very basics of being able to manipulate spiritual energy? Perhaps a bit better then I expected shrine maiden, but not much of a lesson really..." commented Yuuka with a shrug,

"Oh, shut up you! You're no help at all!" Reimu sighs again and shakes her head, "I'm sorry Reina. I might not be the best teacher in the world for this kind of thing really..."

"No need to aplogize Reimu, really! Maybe I'm just a little bit overeager... I guess if you had a hard time learning to fly, it can't be too easy can it?"

Reimu shrugs, "Well, it's pretty hard to learn it without some sort of outside aid. Like, look at Marisa, she has that broom." the miko glances to the smirking Yuuka, "Youkai don't count. They all seem to know how to do it without much problem, it's just us humans..."

It had taken Reimu a few hours to finally give up in trying to give a proper flying lesson, although you did learn some rather basic principles of the technique but theory wasn't much use in this case. Unlike most of your lessons, this had left you rather sweat-free and not exhausted for a change, though it wasn't much of a lesson. Still, perhaps you could go do something else, or maybe ask Reimu to try another lesson she's more comfortable in?

---

Reimu isn't too bad a teacher, right?:
[ ] Ask for a different lesson?
- [ ] Danmaku
- [ ] Spellcards
- [ ] Hand-to-hand
- [ ] Other?
[ ] Maybe do something else...
- [ ] Invite Reimu to some lunch?
- [ ] Spend time with Yuuka? (Write-in)
- [ ] Other?
[ ] Mandatory write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Mundane Sign: Shattered Table spellcard
>> No. 99500
>>99481
Who knows, maybe one day she'll wear it!

>>99486
Awkward wording. Basically: "In the end, not a bad day. But the bad parts up to the good were bad."
>> No. 99501
[x] Maybe do something else...
-[x] Spend time with Yuuka?
--[x] Ask her if she'd like to go on a walk with you.
>> No. 99502
[x] Ask for a different lesson?
- [x] Danmaku

We might have this at a useful level within a few more lessons.
>> No. 99503
[x] Maybe do something else...
-[x] Spend time with Yuuka?
--[x] Ask her if she'd like to go on a walk with you.
>> No. 99504
[x] Ask for a different lesson?
- [x] Danmaku

Might as well try for some progress at least.
>> No. 99505
[0] Maybe do something else...
-[1] Spend time with Yuuka?
--[2] Ask her if she'd like to go on a walk with you.

Yuuka~
>> No. 99506
[x] Maybe do something else...
-[x] Spend time with Yuuka?
--[x] Ask her if she'd like to go on a walk with you.
>> No. 99507
[x] Maybe do something else...
-[x] Spend time with Yuuka?
--[x] Ask her if she'd like to go on a walk with you.
>> No. 99509
[x] Ask for a different lesson?
- [x] Danmaku
Reimu isn't a bad teacher.
>> No. 99510
[x] Maybe do something else...
-[x] Spend time with Yuuka?
--[x] Ask her if she'd like to go on a walk with you.
>> No. 99514
File 125597317311.png - (253.59KB , 600x400 , 5066e0a813ba0f14c125b1a.png ) [iqdb]
99514
[x] Maybe do something else...
-[x] Spend time with Yuuka?
--[x] Ask her if she'd like to go on a walk with you.
>> No. 99518
[x] Maybe do something else...
-[x] Spend time with Yuuka?
--[x] Ask her if she'd like to go on a walk with you.

And there go my hopes of Reina flying on Genji.
>> No. 99524
[x] Ask for a different lesson?
- [x] Danmaku
>> No. 99532
[X]Maybe do something else...
-[X]Spend time with Yuuka?
--[X]Ask if she wants to go on a walk with you.

Poor Reina, lacking understanding of her own true feelings twoards those lovely lady friends of hers.
Prime candidate for a Yuuka route I think.
>> No. 99564
[x] Maybe do something else...
-[x] Spend time with Yuuka?
--[x] Ask her if she'd like to go on a walk with you.

Teach me how to love, you beautiful psychotic woman, you.
>> No. 99630
File 125600530011.jpg - (835.12KB , 867x1000 , 4a66360523619798191a322fc4008aeb.jpg ) [iqdb]
99630
[x] Maybe do something else...
-[x] Spend time with Yuuka?
--[x] Ask her if she'd like to go on a walk with you.

Perhaps asking Reimu for further instruction today may not be such a good idea, she didn't look to be in the happiest of moods over her failure to give a proper flying lesson. Besides, it had been a few days since you had last seen Yuuka, and spending time with her was a rather rare thing, wasn't it? Though it would probably be best to not just flat out ditch Reimu...

"Ah, well... how about I'll just come by tomorrow, and we can try something different?" you suggest with a smile.

"Huh? Tomorrow? It isn't that late yet..." the miko frowns, "but I guess if you want to go do something else... well, sure whatever. I'll have something thought up by then I think. Have fun doing... whatever. Thanks for the snacks at least."

Judging by Reimu's tone, you can't help but wonder if she feels a bit disappointed in you so readily leaving for the day... well, would be odd to go and change your mind now. The miko turns her attention the bag of snacks, quickly going to devour another snack, as you slip away to go stand next to Yuuka. The youkai notices you near her, and offers a slight smile.

"Finished with your lessons so early, little flower?"

"W-well, just thought Reimu might not be in the best mood to keep teaching today is all so..."

"Is that so? Very well then, were you planning on asking me something, Reina?"

It was a bit jarring how she kept switching from calling you 'little flower' to 'Reina' so much, but you guess in the end it didn't really matter, "Actually uhm... I just thought we could go for a walk, maybe? That is if you didn't have anything else to do or anything..."

"I always have time to spend with my favorite little flower." answered Yuuka simply, "Did you just wish to casually walk around, enjoy the sights?"

"I didn't really think about where to go exactly, just thought, you know... go on a walk and uhm... go from there or something?" you say sheepishly, rubbing the back of your head.

Yuuka offered a reassuring smile, and a light pat on the head, "Sounds delightful. Shall we get going then?"

---

Interruption!:
[ ] Maybe you should have a better idea then wander aimlessly around?
- [ ] But... what should you go do? (write-in)
[ ] Guess just wandering is ok...
- [ ] For how long though?
[ ] Mandatory write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Mundane Sign: Shattered Table spellcard
>> No. 99631
[x] Maybe you should have a better idea then wander aimlessly around?
-[x] But... what should you go do?
--[x] Ask Yuuka if she has any places that are special to her. You wouldn't mind visiting them with her.
>> No. 99632
>you can't help but wonder if she feels a bit disappointed in you so readily leaving for the day...

Isn't it sad, Reimu? At least I voted for at least another lesson.

[x] Guess just wandering is ok...
- [x] For perhaps the next hour or two or until sunset, whichever is soonest.

Also too bad Reina can't talk to perhaps Sakuya for help on flight lessons. (Since I do consider her a human flying is relatively new for I'd think, since didn't Sakuya learn how to fly when she first came into Gensokyo?)
>> No. 99633
File 125600592245.jpg - (47.77KB , 400x301 , kohaku_laughter_1.jpg ) [iqdb]
99633
[x] Maybe you should have a better idea then wander aimlessly around?
-[x] But... what should you go do?
--[x] Ask Yuuka if she has any places that are special to her. You wouldn't mind visiting them with her.
Sunflower field fuck year.
That said, I can't help but see Marisa as a love interest and Yuuka as a mother figure.
>> No. 99634
[x] Maybe you should have a better idea then wander aimlessly around?
-[x] But... what should you go do?
--[x] Ask Yuuka if she has any places that are special to her. You wouldn't mind visiting them with her.
>> No. 99636
[0] Maybe you should have a better idea then wander aimlessly around?
-[1] But... what should you go do?
--[2] Ask Yuuka if she has any places that are special to her. You wouldn't mind visiting them with her.
>> No. 99654
File 125601161913.jpg - (257.59KB , 700x800 , f53f965f2734a425ac66f9d6e69157f7.jpg ) [iqdb]
99654
[x] Maybe you should have a better idea then wander aimlessly around?
-[x] But... what should you go do?
--[x] Ask Yuuka if she has any places that are special to her. You wouldn't mind visiting them with her.

>>99633
Same. I want to see how long it takes before Marisa or Reina ends up making a move.
>> No. 99655
[x] Maybe you should have a better idea then wander aimlessly around?
-[x] But... what should you go do?
--[x] Ask Yuuka if she has any places that are special to her. You wouldn't mind visiting them with her.

I want hear Yuuka say that she wants to make her little flower's flower bloom.
>> No. 99656
[x] Maybe you should have a better idea then wander aimlessly around?
-[x] But... what should you go do?
--[x] Ask Yuuka if she has any places that are special to her. You wouldn't mind visiting them with her.
>> No. 99670
[x] Maybe you should have a better idea then wander aimlessly around?
-[x] But... what should you go do?
--[x] Ask Yuuka if she has any places that are special to her. You wouldn't mind visiting them with her.

Poor Reimu. We should have stayed.
>> No. 99687
File 125606253954.jpg - (533.09KB , 700x815 , 1e8102c4d90221e8c1d61f3b39dcddca.jpg ) [iqdb]
99687
[x] Maybe you should have a better idea then wander aimlessly around?
-[x] But... what should you go do?
--[x] Ask Yuuka if she has any places that are special to her. You wouldn't mind visiting them with her.

Heading down the steps of the shrine, you begin to wonder where you could go really. You didn't know much of the local area, and it would seem like such a waste of time to just wander aimlessly. Plus the villagers seemed rather afraid of her, so just exploring the village a bit might not end so well, plus would Yuuka really find that interesting?

"Ah, Yuuka... may I ask you something?"

"Of course little flower, ask me whatever you like." she replies with a slight smile.

"Well, I was just wondering... is there any place you like? Like, somewhere you like to be, or see... it's just, I don't really know where to go, and I wouldn't want to waste your time just wandering around..."

"Time with you Reina, is never a waste." reassures Yuuka, "I do have a few places like that, however. I'm not sure if you would find them very interesting however."

You shake your head, "I'm sure it'll be a great place! I haven't seen much of Gensokyo, so I don't mind getting the chance to see more of it... please, would you show me Yuuka?"

Yuuka chuckles softly, ruffling your hair a bit, "You didn't even need to say please, little flower. I hope you don't mind walking? It would feel inappropriate to treat you like baggage..."

"I don't mind at all! I'm sure all the scary youkai will stay away, right?" you tease with a slight smile.

"If they don't, they'll come face to face with a much scarier one, my little flower."

~

You never thought you could see so many flowers in a single place! But there it was, a hilltop filled with flowers. You couldn't even name a fraction of them, with the exception of the large sunflowers. The youkai held your hand as she led you through the tall stalks of the sunflowers ringing the hill, before arriving at the top of the hill, filled with smaller, much more normal-sized flowers.

"Well, what do you think my little flower?"

"It's... beautiful! I've never seen flowers like this before! And just look, you can see the sun setting... it's just... amazing."

The flower youkai seems very pleased with your response, "I'm glad you like it. This is one of my little gardens... the closest one to the village. Normally the sunflowers would keep you away, but they recognize you now my little flower... if you ever wish it, you can come here whenever you like."

"Do you spend much time here, Yuuka?" you ask curiously.

"I devote a bit of time to all of my gardens. If you come by however, the flowers will let me know, and I can be here at a moment's notice my little flower." answered Yuuka,

You tilt your head to the side a bit, "You kind of go out of your way to be with me, don't you Yuuka?"

"And if I do? I find your company enjoyable Reina, and that is something few have ever experienced." a slight smile appeared on her face, "Do you find me enjoyable, little flower?"

"Of course! I don't even know why everyone is so afraid of you... I mean, aside from what I've heard of you... but, you're so nice and kind to me! I don't see how they could think you're violent and insane."

The youkai chuckles, a twinkle of amusement in your eyes, "All it takes is a few incidents, here and there, and suddenly every rumor, becomes truth... not that I mind, being feared has its advantages."

"Rumors aside... I've never seen flowers like these, I mean besides the sunflowers... though I confess I don't know much of flowers."

"I would not expect you to know of these flowers. They no longer exist in your world, and some never existed there to begin with. A little known fact of Gensokyo for you, my little flower: things that your world no longer believes in, exist here." the youkai gestures to a crystal-blue flower, "This one here, is something I made myself..."

"You can make your own flowers?"

"It is not an easy task, even for me, but yes I certainly can. Most of these flowers here, are native to Gensokyo, my more outlaying gardens have some with flowers from your world, and then some that used to be of your world as well." the youkai glances at the setting sun, "Our walk here took longer then I had thought... would you wish me to return you to your home, Reina? Or did you have another idea for rest tonight?"

---

Yuuka's garden...:
[ ] Going home sounds like a good idea.
- [ ] Invite Yuuka to stay the night?
-- [ ] See if she can bring those pink pajamas again...?
-- [ ] Try to cuddle with her tonight? (Or other?)
[ ] Why not sleep outside?
- [ ] Try to do anything with Yuuka? (write-in)
[ ] Other

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Mundane Sign: Shattered Table spellcard

System:
>Learned the location of one of Yuuka's gardens!
> + Yuuka Kazami
>> No. 99694
[X] Why not sleep outside?
- [X] Try to do anything with Yuuka? (write-in)
-- [X] Stargazing?
Sleep outside is a sure thing but, about what to do with her... I dunno. I'm not sure of my choice.
I mean, I can bet my ass that Yuuka never did stargazing... but for a reason: I don't know how long can a flower youkai can stay at night wihtout falling asleep, like some flowers do.

Oh well.
>> No. 99699
>>99694
>>99698
I am torn.
>> No. 99700
[X] Why not sleep outside?
- [X] Try to do anything with Yuuka? (write-in)
-- [X] Stargazing?
>> No. 99702
[X] Why not sleep outside?
- [X] Try to do anything with Yuuka? (write-in)
-- [X] Stargazing?
>> No. 99704
[ ] Going home sounds like a good idea.
- [ ] Invite Yuuka to stay the night?
-- [ ] See if she can bring those pink pajamas again...?
-- [ ] Try to cuddle with her tonight?
>> No. 99706
[x] Going home sounds like a good idea.
-[x] Invite Yuuka to stay the night?
--[x] See if she can bring those pink pajamas again...?
--[x] Try to cuddle with her tonight?
>> No. 99708
[X] Why not sleep outside?
- [X] Try to do anything with Yuuka? (write-in)
-- [X] Stargazing?
>> No. 99716
[x] Going home sounds like a good idea.
-[x] Invite Yuuka to stay the night?
--[x] See if she can bring those pink pajamas again...?
--[x] Try to cuddle with her tonight?
>> No. 99717
[x] Going home sounds like a good idea.
-[x] Invite Yuuka to stay the night?
--[x] See if she can bring those pink pajamas again...?
--[x] Try to cuddle with her tonight?
>> No. 99719
[0] Going home sounds like a good idea.
-[1] Invite Yuuka to stay the night?
--[2] See if she can bring those pink pajamas again...?
--[3] Try to cuddle with her tonight?
>> No. 99722
[x] Going home sounds like a good idea.
-[x] Invite Yuuka to stay the night?
--[x] See if she can bring those pink pajamas again...?
--[x] Try to cuddle with her tonight?
>> No. 99730
[~] Why not sleep outside?
- [ℤ] Try to do anything with Yuuka? (write-in)
-- [ℯ] Stargazing?
>> No. 99733
[~] Why not sleep outside?
- [ℤ] Try to do anything with Yuuka? (write-in)
-- [ℯ] Stargazing?
yeah
>> No. 99739
[X] Why not sleep outside?
- [X] Try to do anything with Yuuka? (write-in)
-- [X] Stargazing?
>> No. 99744
[+] Going home sounds like a good idea.
-[+] Invite Yuuka to stay the night?
--[+] See if she can bring those pink pajamas again...?
--[+] Try to cuddle with her tonight?

Because 1) I still want to attend to those notes Reina hasn't read yet, 2) Sleeping outside would not be extremely conducive to being well-rested and prepared for tomorrow's flying lesson, 3) Yuuka in PJs is moe~
>> No. 99746
[x] Going home sounds like a good idea.
-[x] Invite Yuuka to stay the night?
--[x] See if she can bring those pink pajamas again...?
--[x] Try to cuddle with her tonight?
>> No. 99748
[X] Why not sleep outside?
- [X] Try to do anything with Yuuka? (write-in)
-- [X] Stargazing?
>> No. 99749
[x] Going home sounds like a good idea.
-[x] Invite Yuuka to stay the night?
--[x] See if she can bring those pink pajamas again...?
--[x] Try to cuddle with her tonight?
>> No. 99752
Voting will be closed at 8PM my time - so 20 minutes. Have at it.
>> No. 99753
[x] Going home sounds like a good idea.
-[x] Invite Yuuka to stay the night?
--[x] See if she can bring those pink pajamas again...?
--[x] Try to cuddle with her tonight?
>> No. 99763
Vote called as:
[x] Going home sounds like a good idea.
-[x] Invite Yuuka to stay the night?
--[x] See if she can bring those pink pajamas again...?
--[x] Try to cuddle with her tonight?

Writing has begun. Update to follow.
>> No. 99766
File 125609235556.jpg - (50.18KB , 444x462 , a5a0af54d7032e1e36193d13f8073e8e.jpg ) [iqdb]
99766
[x] Going home sounds like a good idea.
-[x] Invite Yuuka to stay the night?
--[x] See if she can bring those pink pajamas again...?
--[x] Try to cuddle with her tonight?

It would probably be a bit rude to have Yuuka drop you off at some place like the shrine, and it was likely going to be too cold to just lazy around underneath the stars. Going home seemed like a good idea really.

"If you wouldn't mind having to walk me home..."

Yuuka shakes her head slowly, "Of course not little flower. I brought you out here, the least I could do is take you home as well. If you were to do it alone, something nasty might try and take an unhealthy interest in you."

"Actually, if you're going to walk me home already, would you like to stay the night? It seems like the least I could for you..." you think back to the last time Yuuka stayed the night, recalling those pink pajamas she wore, "and uhm, I'm not sure where you keep them but you could get those pajamas before we left..."

The youkai chuckles, "Ah those? Does Reina like seeing me wear them, by chance?" she laughs, shaking her head.

"N-no I didn't mean it that way! I just, ah, thought you know uhm... that way you have something to wear besides just your normal clothes, or having to ah sleep in your underwear or something!" you reply with a bit of panic.

"Ah, quite the valid point. Sleeping in the clothes you wear all day is a bit uncomfortable... one could always just sleep in their undergarments, as you mentioned, or go naked if they didn't have some pajamas? Maybe my little flower would prefer pajamas to seeing me naked?" inquired Yuuka, her voice just a hint of teasing.

You stammer incoherently, at a loss for words at the youkai's statement. She laughs and ruffles you on the head, before asking you to stay put for a few moments while she goes to fetch a change of clothing. When she steps through the stalks of the sunflowers, and a few moments later, you can't help but sigh loudly and shake your head. Yuuka was quite the strange youkai...

~

By the time you and Yuuka arrived at your house, the sun had set and the moon hung in the starry night sky. It was quite chilly too, and you couldn't stop from having to rub your hands together and blow your breath into them. It seemed to warm and sunny when you had arrived here, yet it was so cold at night! Was is it autumn or winter here? Or did Gensokyo just have a very odd climate? You fumble to unlock your front door, snatching off a few notes tacked to it, before rushing inside to get a fire started, the cold night having penetrated into your home.

The youkai had immediately gone upstairs to change, while you got the fire started and took a quick check of the notes, noting they were nothing more then trival requests from the villagers as usual. Adding the notes to the small collection you were starting, you head upstairs yourself, still rubbing your hands together in an attempt to get them warm again.

When you entered your room, the first thing you noted was the neatly folded and stacked pile of Yuuka's clothing on the chair, and the bathroom door being closed as usual. You thought you heard the sound of running water within, and had to guess the youkai was taking a bath. Taking advantage of this time you undress and throw on a nightgown, taking a quick stock of your available clothing, you are worried to notice you've run out of clean clothes. In fact, you think you've worn this nightgown already... you really need to find some way to do laundry before you start to smell or something...

"Ready for bed, little flower?" spoke the flower youkai from behind you.

You resisted the reflex to jump in surprise, "A-ah yes, of course. Did you take a bath or something?"

"Yes, I hope you didn't mind me taking one without asking you."

"No, no it's alright, really! I know I've probably said this before but, thank you for walking me home, and showing me your flower garden..."

Yuuka gave an amused chuckle, shaking her head slightly as she headed to your bed, "You had already thanked me four times during the trip here, in fact. But don't worry about it, I suppose it's another of your cute little traits, Reina."

You're sure your face is slightly blushed, as you head to the other side of your bed and crawl on in. Yuuka's pajamas were really quite odd, all things considered. The pink mainly, but just the way they looked... something about them just struck you as odd, but you couldn't really pinpoint it. Oh well, no reason to go losing sleep over why Yuuka owned a set of pink nightclothes with a nightcap as well.

With the fire having just started, the house was still quite chilly and you were trying in vain to wrap the blankets around you, but it did little to dull the cold when the blankets themselves were a bit cold...

"Cold, Reina?" asked the youkai.

"Just a little bit I suppose... it's surprisingly chilly around here at night." a thought creeps into your mind, and you can feel your face warm with embarrassment at it, you're sure glad she can't see your face right now, "Uhm... a-actually, since it's a little cold uhm... c-could I ah... that is if you... uhm..."

You feel Yuuka wrap her arms around you, and draw you close to her before she whispers in your ear, "You meant do this, little flower? I'll be more then happy to share my body warmth with you tonight..."

Despite how cold you felt, Yuuka's body felt very, very warm. And very, very sof- ah! Why were you thinking about that!? Calm down, calm down, no need to panic... a little different from when you cuddled with Marisa, but it was all for body heat! Right? ... Right?

~

Come morning, you awaken to still find yourself asleep in Yuuka's gentle embrace. Judging by the steady rise and fall of her chest, and her quiet breathing, she's still asleep. With careful movements, you manage to loose yourself from her embrace, and all without waking her. She looked so peaceful, just laying their sleeping on your bed... the odd pink nightclothes did much to enhance the overall effect, you had to admit, not to mention the sunlight streaming in through the blinds.

Considering Yuuka's flower youkai status, you debated opening the windows all the way to let her bask in the sunlight, but decided against it - it might also wake her up before she wanted, and you didn't want to interrupt her sleep. Quietly heading downstairs to start making some breakfast, after closing your bedroom door in an attempt to mask any noise you made or the smell of the food you would cook, you are surprised to see the window to your house open and can't spot a copy of the Bunbunmaru laying on the floor, which meant...

"Morning!" annouced the tengu happily from the kitchen.

You turn around and head into the kitchen, smiling at your surprise guest, "Good morning Aya, what brings you here? It's been a while since I've seen you face to face, hasn't it?"

"It has been a while, yes. I just thought I'd drop by! That's what friends do, right?"

"Well nothing wrong with just dropping by, but do try to keep it down a bit, alright? Yuuka's still asle-" you halt midsentence, remembering just what Aya's job was.

Aya waves her hand dismissively, "Ah, don't worry about it. I know all about Yuuka spending the night here, I ah... may have er, followed you two for a bit, taken a few pictures... but I didn't write anything! Honest! I can even give you the photos, j-just don't tell Yuuka. Even if I don't publish anything, she really hates it when I take pictures of her..." the tengu sighs and shakes her head, "well, I also kind of lied about just dropping by..."

"As I expected. Did you need something, Aya?" you ask, searching through the kitchen for cooking utensils.

"Remember way back, about that whole... unpleasantness?" asks the tengu, you nod in response, "Well, it's about those favors I had hoped to ask for. It's just, I can't really find anyone else to do them, and you're pretty good at fixing things I hear..."

You chuckle a bit and shake your head, "Word travels fast, I guess? Well, what did you need fixed exactly?"

"Not too many things... the easier things are just some chairs and stuff, things I'm sure you could do in your sleep. But, I do have some other things... most are made of wood, so I figure you could do it, although there's a thing or two that's just clothes. I would ask Rinnosuke or even Alice, but they don't really do mending work too much."

---

Ayayayayaya:
[ ] Accept?
- [ ] Invite her to breakfast?
- [ ] Other?
[ ] Decline.
- [ ] Maybe she'd like some breakfast anyway.
- [ ] Other?
[ ] Write-in

o After breakfast:
[ ] Garden duty!
[ ] Get started early on your lessons?
[ ] How will you get some laundry done around here!?
[ ] Other.

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Mundane Sign: Shattered Table spellcard

System:
> + Yuuka Kazami
>> No. 99770
[x] Accept?
-[x] Invite her to breakfast?

After breakfast:
-[x] Garden duty!
-[x] How will you get some laundry done around here!?
>> No. 99772
[+] Accept?
-[+] Invite her to breakfast?

After breakfast:
-[+] Garden duty!
-[+] How will you get some laundry done around here!?
-[+] Attend to that pile of notes you've been ignoring.
>> No. 99773
[x] Accept?
-[x] Invite her to breakfast?

After breakfast:
-[x] Garden duty!
-[x] How will you get some laundry done around here!?
-[x] Attend to that pile of notes you've been ignoring.
>> No. 99774
[x] Accept?
-[x] Invite her to breakfast?

After breakfast:
-[x] Garden duty!
-[x] How will you get some laundry done around here!?
-[x] Attend to that pile of notes you've been ignoring.
>> No. 99775
[x] Accept?
-[x] Invite her to breakfast?

After breakfast:
-[x] Garden duty!
-[x] How will you get some laundry done around here!?

Inner peace.
>> No. 99776
[0] Accept?
-[1] Invite her to breakfast?

After breakfast:
-[2] Garden duty!
-[3] How will you get some laundry done around here!?
-[4] Attend to that pile of notes you've been ignoring.
>> No. 99777
[x] Accept?
-[x] Invite her to breakfast?

After breakfast:
-[x] Garden duty!
-[x] How will you get some laundry done around here!?
-[x] Attend to that pile of notes you've been ignoring.
>> No. 99778
[x] Accept?
-[x] Invite her to breakfast?
After breakfast:
-[x] Garden duty!
-[x] How will you get some laundry done around here!?
>> No. 99779
[x] Accept?
-[x] Invite her to breakfast?

After breakfast:
-[x] Garden duty!
-[x] How will you get some laundry done around here!?
-[x] Attend to that pile of notes you've been ignoring.

We really should take care of those requests at some point.
>> No. 99783
[x] Accept?
-[x] Invite her to breakfast?

After breakfast:
-[x] Garden duty!
-[x] How will you get some laundry done around here!?
-[x] Attend to that pile of notes you've been ignoring.
>> No. 99797
[x] Accept?
-[x] Invite her to breakfast?

After breakfast:
-[x] Garden duty!
-[x] How will you get some laundry done around here!?
-[x] Attend to that pile of notes you've been ignoring.

I wonder if we'll get a job soon, fixing something really important to a major character. Maybe something other than furniture that will really challenge Reina.
>> No. 99802
[x] Accept?
-[x] Invite her to breakfast?

After breakfast:
-[x] Garden duty!
-[x] How will you get some laundry done around here!?
-[x] Attend to that pile of notes you've been ignoring.

Reina Minds The House
>> No. 99804
[x] Accept?
-[x] Invite her to breakfast?

After breakfast:
-[x] Garden duty!
-[x] How will you get some laundry done around here!?
-[x] Attend to that pile of notes you've been ignoring.

then perhaps after that, a visit at least to Reimu's.
>> No. 99809
[x] Accept?
-[x] Invite her to breakfast?

After breakfast:
-[x] Garden duty!
-[x] How will you get some laundry done around here!?
-[x] Attend to that pile of notes you've been ignoring.
>> No. 99822
File 125614176232.jpg - (250.76KB , 820x1160 , ac3d53276f55e8624033481197d86918.jpg ) [iqdb]
99822
[x] Accept?
-[x] Invite her to breakfast?

After breakfast:
-[x] Garden duty!
-[x] How will you get some laundry done around here!?
-[x] Attend to that pile of notes you've been ignoring.

You think it over for a bit, making some pancakes, before you shrug, "Alright Aya. How about you just drop them off whenever you have the time, and I can get started right away. Is anything a time sensitive sort of matter?"

"No, no take your time! Although, well, I would like them as soon as possible of course... ah! How rude, I forgot to thank you Reina. Uhm, how much do you work for actually...?" asked the tengu.

"Negotiable really. You can just pay me when I finish, alright?" you reply with a smile.

"Sounds fair, thanks again Reina! You're the only one I could really ask to help me with all this..." Aya smiled and rose from her seat, "well! I better get going then."

"Ah, wait! You're already here, so why don't you stay for breakfast? My treat." you offer.

Aya's face seems to light up a bit, "Really? Well, it'd be rude of me to refuse... what are you making anyway?"

"Nothing too fancy, just some pancakes and toast... though Marisa did almost exhaust my entire supply of syrup..." you sigh and shake your head.

"If you think she eats a lot, don't ever try to invite Yuyuko over for food..." mused the tengu aloud.

"Yuyuko...?" you ask with a slight frown.

The tengu nods her head, "Well she's a ghost, kind of a princess I suppose. She's pretty famous for her appetite, I think I've seen her eat an entire family's amount of food in a single sitting before..."

"I'm not sure if I should be impressed by that or not..." you say, starting to set the table, "well, food is done but... I'll be right back. Seems Yuuka isn't - "

"I apologize for my tardiness, my little flower." comments the flower youkai, striding into the room, "Had I known you were going to make breakfast, I would've asked you to wake me."

You shake your head and smile, "You looked so peaceful sleeping, I didn't want to disturb you Yuuka."

"Is that so? Well, I will admit it was a very restful sleep." the youkai notices Aya with a nod of her head, "Ah, the tengu is here. What brings you here?"

"I wished to hire Reina for a job, actually. She just invited me to stay for breakfast, so..."

"Understandable. Were you all waiting on me? I apologize again, shall we eat?"

~

Again with Yuuka's aid, tending to your garden was a simple task, although you couldn't help but notice she seemed a bit winded by the end of it - you suspect she had been using her powers to do something to the plants. You felt you should scold her for it, considering last time she fainted from all the work she had done, but Yuuka knew her own limits, and you weren't her mother after all.

The vegetables, fruit, and herbs were looking very nice, and you expected to be able to harvest them either tonight, or tomorrow for sure - you had to try so hard to not pick a tomato and sink your teeth into it.

"I guess it might be a bit of a stretch if you knew where to get some clothes cleaned, would it Yuuka?" you ask jokingly.

"Unfortunantely, I do not. However..." she looks over to Aya, whom had decided to hang around for a little bit longer, "tengu! You wouldn't happen to know somewhere my little flower could get her clothes cleaned, do you?"

"Well, there's a few places in the village that'll do it for a fee, but... how about this! I'll do it for you Reina! Least I could do to pay you back for breakfast." offered the tengu with a smile, "I clean my own clothes all the time, and just look how clean they are!"

"I appreciate it Aya, thanks."

Leading the tengu inside to your room, where you quickly gather up all your dirty clothes (which ends up being almost everything you own), before stuffing them into a basket for easy carrying. With her cargo in tow, Aya took her leave, stating she'll be back shortly. With that out of the way, and your gardening finished, you decide it would be a good time to look over your growing stack of notes more carefully.

As you expected, nothing from anyone you knew, and nothing of on a large scale. Just a lot of small-time jobs, the only thing you needed to do was go out and get the orders, then finish them. Maybe you should try thinking of hiring someone, or something, would be easier then having to go out and pick up, then deliver, all your orders... while you still had Yuuka handy, she would likely cause the villagers to just hide in fear, rather then open their doors to let you pick up their orders.

Quite the bother, really...

~

Wiping off your hands, throwing a rag into your trashcan, you write down another order as finished. As you had predicted, the bulk of the jobs were little more then minor touch-ups, things you could finish in a matter of minutes. Still, there was quite a few, and it had taken you a few hours to simply go around the village collecting them all.

"My, my quite the dedicated worker... I feel a bit useless, only being able to wait around, while you do all the work my little flower." comments Yuuka,

"It's quite alright, it was nice to have someone to talk to once in a while. Still have more orders, but that'll be it for now... getting a little worn out from all this work." you finish cleaning your hands, throwing the used up rag into the trash as well, "Has Aya come back yet?"

The youkai glances out the window, "Not yet. I believe she will be a bit longer, she might be fast, but I imagine she is busy trying to clean your clothes... if you wish, I could stay here and keep an eye out for her, if you wish to go out somewhere?"

---

Break time!:
[ ] Well, about Yuuka...
- [ ] Have her stay and watch for Aya?
- [ ] You'd rather have Yuuka come with you!
- [ ] Other?
[ ] How to enjoy your break?
- [ ] It IS lesson time, isn't it?
- [ ] Maybe school is on recess...
- [ ] Go visit Marisa?
- [ ] Other?
[ ] Mandatory write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Mundane Sign: Shattered Table spellcard

System:
> + Aya Shameimaru
> "Tengu's Job" started
> You've learned a bit about Gardening...
>> No. 99823
[x] Well, about Yuuka...
- [x] You'd rather have Yuuka come with you!
[x] How to enjoy your break?
- [x] It IS lesson time, isn't it?
>> No. 99824
[x] Well, about Yuuka...
- [x] You'd rather have Yuuka come with you!
[x] How to enjoy your break?
- [x] It IS lesson time, isn't it?

If Yuuka likes to be with her, then who we are to oppose?
>> No. 99826
[x] Well, about Yuuka...
- [x] You'd rather have Yuuka come with you!
[x] How to enjoy your break?
- [x] It IS lesson time, isn't it?
- [x] See if you have any left over pancakes to take to the shrine.

And it's time to make up for yesterday with Reimu.
>> No. 99828
[x] Well, about Yuuka...
- [x] You'd rather have Yuuka come with you!
[x] How to enjoy your break?
- [x] It IS lesson time, isn't it?
- [x] See if you have any left over pancakes to take to the shrine.
>> No. 99832
[x] Well, about Yuuka...
- [x] You'd rather have Yuuka come with you!
[x] How to enjoy your break?
- [x] It IS lesson time, isn't it?
- [x] See if you have any left over pancakes to take to the shrine.
>> No. 99833
[x] Well, about Yuuka...
- [x] You'd rather have Yuuka come with you!
[x] How to enjoy your break?
- [x] It IS lesson time, isn't it?
- [x] See if you have any left over pancakes to take to the shrine.
>> No. 99840
Didn't Reina say she was a little worn out? wouldn't want to get tired too fast with the lessons..

[x] Well, about Yuuka...
- [x] You'd rather have Yuuka come with you!
[x] How to enjoy your break?
- [x] Maybe school is on recess...

I'd like to see how the kids react to Yuuka~
>> No. 99841
[x] Well, about Yuuka...
- [x] You'd rather have Yuuka come with you!
[x] How to enjoy your break?
- [x] It IS lesson time, isn't it?
- [x] See if you have any left over pancakes to take to the shrine.
>> No. 99842
[x] Well, about Yuuka...
- [x] You'd rather have Yuuka come with you!
[x] How to enjoy your break?
- [x] It IS lesson time, isn't it?
>> No. 99844
>>99840

Still we do owe Reimu at least a visit after we cut out on her early yesterday.
>> No. 99885
[x] Well, about Yuuka...
- [x] You'd rather have Yuuka come with you!
[x] How to enjoy your break?
- [x] It IS lesson time, isn't it?
- [x] See if you have any left over pancakes to take to the shrine.
- [x] Ask Reimu if there are any places where people can find people who are looking for work. Someone running the store while you're not around would be pretty helpful, at least for customer interaction.
>> No. 99889
File 125617111138.jpg - (155.85KB , 600x500 , 052a2a741d14cea1693a0cf73b35147a.jpg ) [iqdb]
99889
[x] Well, about Yuuka...
- [x] You'd rather have Yuuka come with you!
[x] How to enjoy your break?
- [x] It IS lesson time, isn't it?
- [x] See if you have any left over pancakes to take to the shrine.

Aya was pretty fast, so once she got done tending to her laundry she should be here in little time at all, but on the other hand you didn't really want to leave Yuuka alone in your house. The tengu always seemed to find some way into your house regardless if someone was home or not, so in the end it probably didn't really matter.

"Well I was thinking of going out, but you don't have to stay here Yuuka. There's not much to do here anyway, and I'm sure when Aya comes to return my clothes, and drop off her order, she'll just find some way into the house anyway." you shrug, "Is that alright?"

The youkai offers a slight smile, "Of course it is Reina. I suspect you were thinking of going to the shrine maiden's, where you not?"

You chuckle sheepishly and rub the back of your head, "Well, yeah... it is a bit later then usual, but I still have my lessons. Plus Reimu is probably staved right about now... or just trying to sustain herself off rice."

Before you head off to the shrine with Yuuka, you gather up the leftover pancakes from breakfast and store them in a container to bring to Reimu. They were kind of cold, but you were sure the miko wouldn't mind either way. She was probably going to end up devouring them as soon as you offered them to her anyway. The trip through the village enroute to the shrine was the same as usual, everyone seemed to scatter upon seeing Yuuka and you had to wonder if this whole Yuuka thing was doing good or bad things for your public image...

After a quick hike up the path to the shrine, the miko is found in her usual place, and as usual upon seeing you, she sits up and immediately notices the container of pancakes. You hand it over to her, which she opens and begins to eat the food within before speaking to you.

"A little bit late today, aren't you? It's almost noon after all." comments the miko, sipping from her tea.

"I had a little bit of work to do... have to make money after all, right?"

Reimu offers you a cup of tea, "So you can donate it to your local shrine, right?" asked the miko with a grin.

You accept the tea with a smile, "Don't I donate enough in food daily?" you reply teasingly.

"Food is nice, but money is more useful and lasts longer." pointed out Reimu matter-of-factly,

"Well I guess you can do more with it. Maybe I'll bring a more formal donation next time."

"As long as you keep me in mind! Well then, since you're here suppose we better jump right to it. Let's see..." the miko rubbed her chin thoughtfully, "flying went abyssmal yesterday... you've made some pretty good progress in using danmaku too. So maybe another lesson in getting your butt-kicked would be nice or, we could try and learn more about spellcards..."

"If I could offer my thoughts, I imagine teaching her the way to make a proper spellcard would be beneficial. After all, she can't engage in a spellcard duel as she is now, even though my little flower can use danmaku, she wouldn't have a way to make the duel official." commented the flower youkai.

Reimu nodded in agreement, "Good point. Not that I would imagine Reina going around and picking fights but... well, even wild youkai with a bit of intelligence are honor-bound to accept a spellcard duel. It won't save you from being eaten by more basic youkai, but having just a single one will help you avoid becoming chow. Well today will be a somewhat simple lesson though, at least from a taxing point of view. It'll be pretty straining otherwise, but well what can you do?"

---

Spellcard Creation!:
[ ] Make a spellcard! (Mandatory)
- [ ] Card design (i.e. the backs of Reimu feature the yin-yang symbol)
- [ ] Card Sign
- [ ] Card Name
- [ ] Effect of card? (Optional, if not picked it'll be assumed to be a normal sort of scattered bullet card)

Afterwords...:
[ ] R&R time?
- [ ] Here?
- [ ] Home?
- [ ] Other? (write-in)
[ ] Other? (write-in)

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Mundane Sign: Shattered Table spellcard

I nearly forgot to mention, but I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow right in the middle of my normal sleep schedule. I'm not sure how long it'll take, but I would not expect 2 updates from me that day.

While I'll try for it, I might only be able to get 1 since I still need sleep. I thank you for understanding.
>> No. 99900
>>99895
How does that even relate to the card name?
>> No. 99932
[0] Make a spellcard! (Mandatory)
-[1] Card design - Hammer and nails.
-[2] Card Sign - Restoration Sign
-[3] Card Name - Total Restoration.
-[4] Effect of card? - Twin Magic Circles spin around you each spraying 3 sets of dark green oval bullets with a black center in a spiral pattern with dark blue kunai bullets shooting down the middle of the spiral. The once the bullets leave the screen they come back from behind as gray-black triangular bullets with slight homing and attempt to strike the enemy from behind.

Unless someone comes up with something better I'm going to vote for this.
>> No. 99933
I'm gonna take a rain check on this one.
>> No. 99939
File 125618213969.jpg - (31.41KB , 400x400 , RiG_Reina_bnw.jpg ) [iqdb]
99939
Happy birth day Krisslanza!
>> No. 99941
[x] Card Symbol - Don't care that much, but since I typed up stuff for the other options...

A temple sitting above a lake. The temple is reflected in the lake, one image is that of a ruin, the other of the temple in full glory. You cannot tell which is real and which is the reflection.

[x] Card Name : Apprentice Sign - Treasure Box of Memories

[x] Card Effect : Red and Gold danmaku scatter all around the battlefield. Then, the red ones start collapsing backwards, forming into six distinct walls around the opponent. Then, those walls join together to trap the opponent, while the gold ones flow inside the box.

Idea should be self-explanatory. It's only an 'Apprentice Sign' and a box since it's a starting spellcard. 'Journeyman' and 'Master' levels get named after particularly tough or famous jobs - that way, it's not only a way of self-defense, but also serves as advertisement. Finally, it's a kind of 'construction' type of spellcard (as opposed to sending out danmaku everywhere) to take advantage of the protangist's talent and experience, compared to most other people this kind of card should come a bit more naturally.
>> No. 99943
[x] >>99941
>> No. 99944
[x] >>99941

Also I wonder what kind of spell card was Reimu taking about, Player bomb type or boss type?

But this sounds the best for now.
>> No. 99945
[x] >>99941
>> No. 99950
[x] >>99941
>> No. 99959
[x] >>99941

Also, happy birthday Krisslanza
>> No. 99975
[+] Make a spellcard! (Mandatory)
-[+] Card name: Old Gag "Tea-table Flip"
-[+] Symbol: A tea table flying through the air
-[+] Effect: A table appears, and is sent flying end-over-end toward the opponent. Upon landing where the opponent was standing, it explodes in a spray of danmaku in all directions. Higher levels add objects that fly off from the table in mid flight.

Just having fun with this. It sounds like a good Stage 1-ish spellcard.
>> No. 99978
>>99941
This.

Happy birthday Kriss!
>> No. 99985
[x] >>99941
>> No. 99987
File 125622071541.png - (379.67KB , 586x700 , d6a2cf5e7ef345a0f1da02a8fa56dfd7.png ) [iqdb]
99987
[x] >>99941
I like this one.

>>99939
I like this, too. Also, happy birthday Kriss!
>> No. 99999
File 125623021141.png - (93.26KB , 400x400 , fc3db644f9e4739da7aa1555db62fc83.png ) [iqdb]
99999
[x] Card Symbol - Don't care that much, but since I typed up stuff for the other options...

A temple sitting above a lake. The temple is reflected in the lake, one image is that of a ruin, the other of the temple in full glory. You cannot tell which is real and which is the reflection.

[x] Card Name : Apprentice Sign - Treasure Box of Memories

[x] Card Effect : Red and Gold danmaku scatter all around the battlefield. Then, the red ones start collapsing backwards, forming into six distinct walls around the opponent. Then, those walls join together to trap the opponent, while the gold ones flow inside the box.

~

It takes several hours of lecturing and demonstration, but you seem to have quite the knack for this sort of thing. Not that you could ever really describe the whole process, it just... worked somehow. It sounded a bit cliche, but the term 'it's magic!' might be very appropriate for this whole spellcard creation thing. You examine your finished spellcard with great pride, you hadn't felt this kind of accomplishment from something in a long, long time.

Designing the back of the card had proven to be both a challenge, but also very fun, you had gone through a few scrapped designs (and some messed up) before deciding on one. The back of the card was decorated with a temple sitting above a lake, the temple was reflected on to the lake and one was ruined, the other in all it's glory - of course, you couldn't tell which one was the real one, unless you designed it of course. Not that you were about to tell anyone!

"So, all done then? May I have a look at it?" asked the miko, holding out her hand.

You hand the card over, "How does a spellcard work anyway?"

"Well, to use one in a duel you have to declare it. Which you do by just saying the name of the card, including the sign. That'll activate the card itself, and its effects will be unleashed immediately. Of course using a card will take up some of your own spiritual energy, so you have to be careful with them, plus most cards can only be used once a duel. They'll be reuseable afterwords of course." Reimu nods, then hands the card back to you, "Impressive card there though, Reina. I think that's the first time I've seen an outsider actually make a spellcard!"

"She's quite talented, isn't she?" comments Yuuka, her tone smug, "And you thought my little flower was only good to beat up..."

"H-hey, I admitted she was good at things!" retorted the miko with a slight frown.

"Will it really work though? The card that is..." you interrupt, eyeing your card suspiciously.

Reimu rubbed her chin in thought, "It should work just fine. Of course, I wouldn't be able to tell by looking... it seems like it though, if you wanted to make sure..."

"You wouldn't be suggesting a duel, would you shrine maiden?" asks the youkai teasingly.

"Just for fun, honestly! I'd go easy on her! Of course, I'd still win..."

---

Reimu challenges you?:
[ ] Accept!
- [ ] What's the battle plan? (write-in)
[ ] Decline.
- [ ] Time to get going home?
- [ ] Maybe do something with Yuuka... (write-in)
- [ ] Other (write-in)
[ ] Mandatory write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka

System:
> Mundane Sign: Shattered Table removed. As it's only a fake, it has no power.
> Spellcard creation learned! You can make them at any time, so long as you have some blank cards and other supplies...

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories

Thank you for the happy birthdays! While I will attempt to update this a second time tonight, I may not make it. In which case it'll be up early Friday morning. I apologize for the shortness of this update.
>> No. 100001
A one spellcard duel eh?

I wonder... does Reina now how to graze? Because if she starts with her card, she won't have energy to dodge afterwards and will inmediatly lose. Besides, it'll only last a few seconds instead of the whole run.

If she knows, then the best idea would be to let Reimu start (she'll go easy because the whole point of the duel is to Reina's spellcard on use) and graze to collect enough power to make the spellcard last as long as possible without passing out.
>> No. 100002
[x] Accept!
- [x] Let Reimu start, so we can observe the mechanics and learn to graze the spellcard. Plus, we have to gather enough power so when it's our turn we won't get tired and beaten.

I don't know how to explain the write-in, so yeah.
>> No. 100003
[x] Accept!
- [x] Play defense first, take note of Reimu's actions while trying to land shots on her, but placing survival first.
- [x] Try out the spellcard and see how it goes.
>> No. 100004
[x] Accept!
- [x] Play defense first, take note of Reimu's actions while trying to land shots on her, but placing survival first.
- [x] Try out the spellcard and see how it goes.
>> No. 100005
[x] Accept!
- [x] Play defense first, take note of Reimu's actions while trying to land shots on her, but placing survival first.
- [x] Try out the spellcard and see how it goes.
>> No. 100026
[x] Accept!
-[x] Play defense first, take note of Reimu's actions while trying to land shots on her, but placing survival first.
-[x] Try out the spellcard and see how it goes.
>> No. 100041
[x] Accept!
- [x] Play defense first, take note of Reimu's actions while trying to land shots on her, but placing survival first.
- [x] Try out the spellcard and see how it goes.
>> No. 100055
I just noticed that my trip was missing. Something keeps erasing that field or something.

Just to clarify here. Although RiG isn't combat-centralized, when it does come up it'll be written more in the "fighter" way.

If mainly because that seems more natural for me to write, then trying to write out the overhead shooter aspect of Touhou. So keep that in mind.

I'll try to write the update before I go to class tonight, but I again can't promise it since I do (unfortunately) need at least a little sleep before class.
>> No. 100078
>>99999

I expected more of 99999
>> No. 100081
File 125626120889.png - (50.41KB , 225x250 , cirnomad.png ) [iqdb]
100081
>>99999
Cirno is disappoint.
>> No. 100090
File 125626655158.jpg - (417.73KB , 1024x1189 , KrissSpankingsSmall.jpg ) [iqdb]
100090
Happy Birthday Krisslanza!
>> No. 100102
[+] Accept!
- [+] Play defense first, take note of Reimu's actions while trying to land shots on her, but placing survival first.
- [+] Try out the spellcard and see how it goes.

Also, happy birthday krisslanza! I tried to get on IRC to say so more directly, but the widget broke somehow and wouldn't let me in.
>> No. 100110
>>100102
Well, if the widget doesn't work for you for some reason (I just tested it and it worked just fine, perhaps if you could tell us just /how/ it broke we could help you.), you could always use one of the real IRC clients, mIRC, irssi and xchat are all popular options.
>> No. 100115
File 125631251417.jpg - (224.47KB , 676x412 , 17a7c9b10e42e27359af1d57e2e73726.jpg ) [iqdb]
100115
[x] Accept!
- [x] Play defense first, take note of Reimu's actions while trying to land shots on her, but placing survival first.
- [x] Try out the spellcard and see how it goes.

You chuckle a bit and shake your head, "Well, I don't think I'll put up much of a challenge, but why not? After all, I would think I'd be better at learning all this if I got to practice it for a change."

"You should have more confidence in your skills Reina." said Yuuka,

Reimu glances over to the flower youkai, "No offense to Reina, but you really think someone whose only just learned spellcards is going to beat me in a danmaku duel?"

"Stranger things have happened, shrine maiden." countered the youkai with a smirk, "Mostly involving you and youkai you've fought."

"You're acting like I just win out of luck, or some sort of otherworldy power guiding my actions or something, sheesh..." the miko sighs and shakes her head, "well, whatever. We'll go use that field from before, the one you watched me and Marisa duel in remember?"

~

Diving out of the way of Reimu's bullets, you wildly throw out your own counterattack as you hit the ground, and roll before quickly running again as the miko's next volley dissipates harmlessly into the grass. Turning around to get a look at your opponent, you manage to turn around just in time to raise up your guard to block the red-white's palm, you however can't stop her from kicking you in the head, sending you tumbling to the ground.

The two of you had been fighting for perhaps ten minutes or so, and you were quickly growing fatigued, but Reimu seemed as lively as ever. She was fast, very fast, and powerful too - plus her danmaku was very good as well. You're sure she's holding back quite a bit, but it's still taking every bit of your limited skills to stave off her attacks and try to spot a weakness.

As the miko hops back away from your physical reach, you launch a few bullets at Reimu - she effortlessly twisted out of their path as usual - as you gripped your single spellcard tightly, mind racing. You weren't going to last long enough to analyze the red-white's attacks before you would slip up from exhausation, your best bet now was to simply go all out and see what you could do.

You grit your teeth and hold the spellcard high, "Apprentice Sign, Treasure Box of Memories!"

As soon as you finish saying the name, you feel like something has slammed you in the gut, and you nearly double over and collapse, but manage to shakingly remain on your feet. At first you thought you had been struck by Reimu's danmaku, but when you look ahead you can see the miko looking around wildly at the sudden appearence of red and golden danmaku bullets, the red ones slowly start to collapse inwards towards the miko, roughly forming a box. With the golden bullets left scattered around, she couldn't simply fly in any one direction to escape.

The red danmaku form into six distinctive sections, keeping the miko enclosed who is still looking about in surprise at the danmaku. Then suddenly, the red danmaku and golden danmaku all start to collapse inwards towards the red-white trapped within. Was it going to work, did you beat Reimu!? With surprising speed, the miko darted her way through the incoming torrent of bullets, narrowly avoiding them. You cursed your luck, you thought you had her, but it looked like she was going to get through it...

"Spirit Sign, Fantasy Orb!" yelled Reimu loudly,

You snap your head up in alarm as large orbs of glowing energy materialized around the miko, before darting away and heading straight towards you. Although fatigued you nimbly sprinted to the side. the orbs whizzing past, phew that was a clos- then you saw the orbs slowly curve and head back in your direction. This time, you didn't have the energy left to dodge...

~

Groaning you blink and open your eyes, seeing Reimu and Yuuka standing over you. You seem to be still laying in the grass, and you don't think a lot of time has passed, you slowly sit up and rub your head.

"How long was I out?" you ask.

"Only about ten minutes, give or take." answered Reimu with a nod, "Not too long for getting smashed in the face with some fantasy orbs, ehehehehe."

"But she almost trapped you within her own spellcard," pointed out the youkai with a smirk, "had you decided to move just a little bit later, you probably would've been struck just as well."

"S-shut up! I've just never seen anything like that before... at least, not in that same fashion. How did you make that, Reina?"

You shake your head, "I'm... not sure. I just, well..." you scratch your chin, "I can't explain it. I just did, somehow. To be honest, your whole spellcard lecture didn't make much sense, but I can still do it! And you saw the proof!"

"Reina did make quite an impressive first spellcard, did she not shrine maiden?"

"It looked like it was a bit too strong for her though, she seemed pretty exhausted after using it. I think that's more due to her lack of control, rather then a lack of energy really though..." replied the red-white, "still, Yuuka is right. For a first-timer, that was quite excellent. Good job!"

The miko offers her hand, which you accept as she pulls you up off the grass, "Thanks, I have to admit that was a lot of fun... even if I did get pretty beaten up."

"Not only does she have the talent, she even enjoys it. If she keeps putting forth this effort, she could become quite the danmaku duelist, couldn't she shrine maiden?"

"That might be a bit premature, but I guess it's possible..." Reimu nodded her head, as her gaze examined you carefully, "well, needless to say there'll be no lessons tomorrow. I don't think I'll hold you at the shrine, but I would like you to take it easy... might want to look into getting clothes more suitable for danmaku too, the ones you have now are a little bit burnt and battered from the abuse..."

You frown and look over your clothes, noting where bits of fabric had been nicked off by a close bullet, or where the orbs impacted you leaving badly damaged fabric behind... thankfully you weren't wearing anything you liked particularly, or the clothes Alice had made you... plus you still looked decent, if a bit battered.

---

Well, you lost...:
[ ] Maybe you should head back home, Aya might be waiting.
- [ ] Keep Yuuka?
[ ] So tired, why not just crash at the shrine?
- [ ] Just rest, or something else?
- [ ] Yuuka?
[ ] With Yuuka, you could see about visiting...
- [ ] Alice, for danmaku-suitable clothing?
- [ ] Marisa, see what she's up to?
- [ ] Other?
[ ] Other

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
>> No. 100118
[x] Maybe you should head back home, Aya might be waiting.
- [x] Keep Yuuka
We still owe her that favor.
>> No. 100119
[x] Maybe you should head back home, Aya might be waiting.
- [x] Keep Yuuka
>> No. 100121
[+] Maybe you should head back home, Aya might be waiting.
-[+] Keep Yuuka
Today, mundane work; it goes by pretty quickly.
Clothes-hunting never goes by quickly, so it should be saved until the next day.
>> No. 100125
[x] Maybe you should head back home, Aya might be waiting.
- [x] Keep Yuuka

it's bad manners to keep someone waiting. Tomorrow we can try to find some clothes.
>> No. 100127
Changing my vote.

[x] Maybe you should head back home, Aya might be waiting.
- [x] Keep Yuuka.

Maybe we can have Yuuka evaluate our spellcard skill along the way.
>> No. 100128
[x] Maybe you should head back home, Aya might be waiting.
- [x] Keep Yuuka.
>> No. 100129
[x] Maybe you should head back home, Aya might be waiting.
- [x] Keep Yuuka.
>> No. 100160
>"You're acting like I just win out of luck, or some sort of otherworldy power guiding my actions or something, sheesh..."
oh Krisslana, you card

[x] Maybe you should head back home, Aya might be waiting.
- [x] Keep Yuuka
>> No. 100238
File 125637186790.jpg - (251.62KB , 853x634 , 8644a2bfcbcde3029d2b461e4f43064d.jpg ) [iqdb]
100238
[x] Maybe you should head back home, Aya might be waiting.
- [x] Keep Yuuka.

"Well, at least I look like I worked very hard today... although, speaking of work Aya might be waiting back home for me to come back."

The miko cocks her head to the side, "Why would you have that tengu in your house?"

"She had some work for me to do, and she offered to do my laundry... plus, well, she gets in if she wants to anyway. I guess a window is an easy way to get into my house..."

"You should try locking them, little flower." suggested the flower youkai.

"I already do lock them. And as I recall, didn't you - "

"Maybe you should try better locks." interrupted the youkai, before you could reveal she had snuck in via a window once.

Reimu shrugs, "Sure are trusting there Reina, letting that crow get your clothes. Maybe she'll write down all your sizes and publish it in the Bunbunmaru tomorrow." teased the miko with a grin.

"S-she wouldn't do that! ... Right? Geez Reimu, don't go making me worry about stuff like that..." you sigh and shake your head.

"I'm sure she won't do it. Pretty sure. Kind of sure. Eeeh... this is Aya we're talking about..." the miko shrugged, "sure it'll turn out fine! Really."

You slump your shoulders and shake your head, "I sure hope so, I don't need my sizes published for all of Gensokyo to see..."

"Probably would give Reina quite the reputation. Maybe even a bunch of slobbering fans?" commented Yuuka,

"Maybe her business would pick up from customers just wanting to get a look?" added Reimu,

"The last thing I need is a bunch of drooling men showing up on my doorstep I think..."

The miko chuckled and nodded her head, "I agree. Well, I've taken up enough of your time Reina, I'll see you when I see you. Just don't come by tomorrow asking for any lessons. See ya."

"Have a good day Reimu, and thanks for the lessons as usual." you say with a smile.

"Ah, don't mention it... ah! Before I forget, wait here a moment..." the miko rushes into the shrine and returns a moment later carrying a small box, "I almost forgot, here have this. You'll need what's inside to make your own spellcards, I figure if you ever want to make more, this is a better way then having to drop by the shrine everytime."

You nod your head and take the box, "Thank you Reimu, I imagine this is something kind of valuable?"

"Maybe just a little bit. Making spellcards isn't exactly easy, so the stuff to make them isn't something you just find laying around. But don't worry about it, if you ever run out just come see me, I'll see what I can do."

Bidding the shrine maiden farewell one more time, you and Yuuka begin to descend the steps of the shrine, heading towards the path down the hill. As you make your descent you talk with the youkai a bit, inviting her over again and getting her acceptance. The trip through the village itself is the same as usual, and before long you're starting the walk back to your house proper.

"What did you think of my spellcard, Yuuka?" you ask suddenly, glancing over at her.

"It was quite something little flower, although perhaps your use of it was a bit premature. However, given your inexperience I suppose it is to be expected, not to mention the shrine maiden's superior abilites and endurance." the youkai shrugged slightly, "As for the card itself, I've not seen one like it in some time. Most spellcards are used as direct attacks, rather then traps. A card such as yours is much more taxing to use then a quick attack, but as I'm sure you noticed, your own spellcard caught even the experienced shrine maiden off-guard. On a lesser opponent, I would not imagine they'd be able to see through your trap so quickly."

"So, for my first try it was a pretty good spellcard?"

Yuuka nods her head, "For a first spellcard, it was quite the excellent one. Of course, I expect that from my little flower."

Reaching your house, you unlock the door and head on in, quickly noting the window was open as usual. Checking into the kitchen you find the crow tengu napping in a chair, but as soon as you enter, she snaps an eye open and looks at you.

"Ah! There you are! I was starting to wonder if you were going to show up or not!" declared the tengu, hopping out of the chair.

"Sorry, I went to my lessons and they ended up taking a little longer then I expected."

Aya shrugs, "Don't worry about it, I understand you have better things to do then sit around waiting for me. Anyway! I got your clothes all done, I took the liberty of leaving them up in your room, neatly folded and everything. And as for my order, I placed the objects in your workshop."

Heading into your workshop you quickly notice the new things placed within, you take a moment to examine each. First up was a desk, it seemed to be in overall decent shape but was looking rather old and worn-out, an easy enough task to make it look brand new again. There were also some various ceremonial-looking masks, you couldn't figure out what they were, but they had a variety of damages that would need careful repair. In addition there were some articles of clothing featuring a range of damages, from small cuts to complete rips.

"I'm afraid none of it is terribly interesting, but you're probably the only one who can fix any of this. Most people just have to keep using things until they break completely, since no one in the village repairs things like this." comments Aya, "I'm sure the more work you do, the more trust you'll gain until all sorts of job offers are coming your way."

You pick up one of the masks and look at it, "I'm a little worried about that, but also excited. While I don't want to be drowned in orders, I at the same time kind of look forward to some kind of challenge." you place the mask back down on the table.

"Perhaps you should look into hiring some sort of help. Even if they can't help you do the actual work, they could at least help with delivery and drop-offs." suggested the tengu.

"I've been thinking that actually, just not sure who I could ask. I couldn't ask any of my friends of course, they all have things they have to do."

"When it comes to hiring help in Gensokyo, the best choices are probably humans or fairies. Humans you'd have to pay of course, but they'd probably be reliable... probably. Fairies, on the other hand, are pretty simple-minded and will really only require food for payment. Of course, they're also fairies so they're not particular bright usually." suggested Aya, "Well, anyway thanks again for taking my order. When it's done, you know how to contact me! I'll be seeing you around Reina."

---

Just another day in Gensokyo:
[ ] Get started on working now!
- [ ] Yuuka can't do much if you're working, maybe you should let her go if she wants?
- [ ] Think of something Yuuka could do? (Write-in)
[ ] That danmaku duel is kind of tiring, Aya can't fault you for wanting to relax today...
- [ ] But what to do? (write-in)
[ ] Other

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories

System:
> Gained Spellcard "kit". You can make a total of up to 2 more spellcards, but only when you're at home.
> "Hiring Help" sidequest started

Making spellcards is a 'full time' sort of deal, so you can't do it and then expect to go do something else at the same time. They can, however, be picked as the last thing to do in a list, but if it's first the rest of the list is going to get queued.
>> No. 100241
[x] Get started on working now!
- [x] Yuuka can't do much if you're working, maybe you should let her go if she wants?
The spellcards can wait.
>> No. 100242
[x] Get started on working now!
- [x] Yuuka can't do much if you're working, maybe you should let her go if she wants?
The spellcards can wait.

Tomorrow we can work on spell cards and finding an assistant.
>> No. 100243
[x] Get started on working now!
- [x] Yuuka can't do much if you're working, maybe you should let her go if she wants?
Who can we get as help? Humans aren't really trustworthy and fairies can't possibly know directions.
Maybe a rabbit?
>> No. 100253
[x] Get started on working now!
- [x] Yuuka can't do much if you're working, maybe you should let her go if she wants?
The spellcards can wait.
>> No. 100259
>>100253
Love how you copied even my comment~. That's so sweet.
>> No. 100269
File 125640414463.jpg - (176.51KB , 448x640 , 8a8e4fd9eb1b8aabb4c8676d9740c18a.jpg ) [iqdb]
100269
[x] Get started on working now!
- [x] Yuuka can't do much if you're working, maybe you should let her go if she wants?

"I'll have it done before you know it Aya, have a good day alright?"

The tengu grinned, "Sure, sure. You too Reina!"

Poking your head out of your workshop looking for Yuuka, when you don't see her you go looking a bit, but you didn't have to go far. She was waiting in the shop area of your house, you offer her a smile.

"Thanks for walking with me back home Yuuka, I'm about to get started with my work so... you don't have to stay if you don't want too."

"Had I wanted to leave, I don't think you could really stop me, little flower," commented the youkai with a smirk, "but I understand. I shall take my leave for the time being then, have a good day Reina. It was nice to spend time with you."

"Have a good day as well Yuuka, I liked being able to spend time with you as well."

The youkai curtsied before she turned around and headed out the front door, leaving you alone in your house. Returning to your workshop, you begin to think on which part of the job you'll do first... well, best to start with the easy things and get them out of the way now. The desk was completely intact and was a simple touch-up job, the masks however would take some grimoire work to discover the material used in their creation, then much more precise repairing. The clothes were also a pretty simple task, aside from the ones that had large chunks of material missing.

Interestingly as you looked through the clothes, you noticed some were smaller then what could fit on Aya's frame. As you went about sorting out the clothes, you noticed some sleeveless tops and just plain sleeves. While clothing wasn't your area so expertise, you had to assume the sleeves went with the sleeveless tops, and as you laid one out on the table you noted the design reminded you of Reimu's own clothing. From what you could tell, the sleeveless outfit went to someone else other then Aya, as the clothes were too small to comfortably fit Aya's frame.

While it really was none of your business, you couldn't help but wonder whose clothes they were. With everything neatly organized and laid out, you decided you would start with that desk, then the masks, and finish up with the clothes - it had been a while since you had to use a needle and thread...

~

You ended up working rather late into the night, and that probably explained why you had to carefully bandage up your hand right now. The desk had been a simple job, and a few masks had been successfully fixed, so you decided "hey why not do some sewing?". It wasn't too hard, you had mended a few of the easier outfits, but it had been growing late and rather then go to sleep like you should've, you kept working instead.

And your reward was accidently jabbing your fingers with the needle, that's right you kept working even after the first prick, and the second, then the third... by the time you wised up, you had manage to successfully poke and jab most of your fingers on your right hand. It wasn't anything serious, but it sure made you feel stupid. It felt good to be able to wear clean nightclothes to bed, Aya had done an outstanding job of cleaning all your clothes and they all smelled great too, you wondered what she used to clean them all...

You were just going to crawl into bed and pass out, but it seemed that wasn't going to be on the schedule tonight. You tried to fall asleep, but for some reason you just couldn't fall asleep, and after what felt like a few pitiful hours you could only sigh and stare up at the ceiling.

"Don't tell me I have insomnia or something..." you complain outloud to your empty room.

"Oh, of course you don't. I just didn't want to wake you up so, I figured if I just made it so you couldn't fall asleep..." replied a voice sweetly.

You snap upright to a sitting position to see none other then the gap youkai, smiling at you from her seat on your chair. She waves at you as you stare at her dumbfounded for a moment.

After a bit more silence, her eyes narrow slightly and her expression looks annoyed, "I know I didn't take away your ability to speak! Come on Reina, don't be so quiet~."

"A-ah, sorry. Just I was surprised is all... why are you here anyway?"

"Oh just thought I would check up on you! Didn't I mention that last time~?" Yukari smiled, "After all, you are so interesting! Now let's see what you've been up to..."

Just like last time, the grimoire appeared out of one of Yukari's gaps, and she began to casually read it, humming as she flipped through the pages.

---

Yukari comes again!:
[ ] Question her?
- [ ] (Write-in)
[ ] Other

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
>> No. 100284
Fuck, I've got nothing.
>> No. 100286
>>100269

We could always go with the tried and true standby...

"GOD DAMMIT YUKARI!"
>> No. 100287
[x] Other
-[x] Just wait for her to finish reading through your grimoire.
>> No. 100296
[x] Other
-[x] "Are there others with special abilities like Yuuka with Flowers or Sakuya's time abilites?"

This should be an interesting question.
>> No. 100304
[x] Other
-[x] Just wait for her to finish reading through your grimoire.
>> No. 100305
[x] Other
-[x] Just wait for her to finish reading through your grimoire.
>> No. 100308
[0] Other
-[1] Just wait for her to finish reading through your grimoire.
>> No. 100312
[x] Other
-[x] Shoe in the face.
--[x] MY LIFE ISN'T A BEDTIME STORY YOU CAN READ WHEN YOU'RE BORED YOU VOYEURISTIC BITCH
>> No. 100316
[x] Other
-[x] Just wait for her to finish reading through your grimoire.

No questions for now, Yukarin~
>> No. 100317
[x] Other
-[x] Just wait for her to finish reading through your grimoire.
>> No. 100338
File 125644361143.jpg - (335.07KB , 780x942 , fa8815701c0aef89f146fa8dbcbe9cb4.jpg ) [iqdb]
100338
[x] Other
-[x] Just wait for her to finish reading through your grimoire.

Silence hangs in the room, broken only by the sounds of breathing and the sound of the pages being turned. Slowly Yukari glances at you, closing the book and putting it aside.

"Not even a single question?" asks the youkai, raising an eyebrow curiously, "Last time you were much more talkative Reina, these visits aren't terribly interesting if you just calmly sit there and watch, you know."

"You prefer I freak out, perhaps?" you shrug, "I just don't really have anything to ask..."

Yukari shrugs slightly, unfolding her fan with a snap, "Well, at least if you freaked out it would be amusing to watch perhaps... that all aside, it's good to see you're still alive! I think you're going to end up setting a record here soon of 'longest living outsider brought in by Yukari when she was bored', or something~." the youkai giggled, "It's reassuring to know that even after those... tweaks, not only did you survive, they seem to be working very nicely... I'm sure you've noticed something by now, yes?"

You hadn't really thought about it much, but now that you did, it had seemed your danmaku talents had improved overnight, "Well, I suppose I've felt a little more lively and Reimu did mention I improved considerably..."

"Exactly! Just as I had anticipated. Not that I expect you to suddenly become some danmaku master and start going on youkai exterminations... although, I guess that would be a bit interesting to see happen. But ah, who am I to tell you what to do? I'm not a certain vampire with a love of reading one's fate~..."

No, she just seemed more content to go and directly change people's lives instead, not that Yukari's acts had really changed your life for the worse, now that you thought about it.

"Going to start visiting me regularly at night, Yukari?" you ask tilting your head to the side.

"Well, it is starting to get chilly out and winter is coming closer... maybe not every night, but I should probably visit you a little bit more before my winter hibernation." replied Yukari nodding, "Next time you better make sure you know I'm here sooner, so you don't keep me waiting for so long!"

You sigh and shake your head, "Then could you at least be normal and maybe, you know, just let me know you're there right away?"

"But that's so booooooring! It's so much more fun to make it interesting, every single time! Everytime, a different surprise!" the youkai giggled again, snapping her fan shut, "Well, I guess I've taken away enough of your sleep. Have a good nap now."

Yukari walked to the side of the bed, and slowly brought her fan forward, until it tapped your forehead, "Nighty night~." she cooed.

The usual flash of white was the last thing you remember.

~

Your sleep seems rather short, and before you know it you find yourself squinting against the sunlight streaming into your room. Getting out of bed, you close the blinds before getting undressed and going about your morning routine. You wondered what today was, Yukari said winter was coming so it must be some time in the autumn, though the question was when exactly. Then again, you weren't sure if Gensokyo celebrated holidays like Halloween or Thanksgiving Day... still, might be interesting if they did.

Heading downstairs you start to make some breakfast, while thinking of what you could do today. WIthout Reimu's lessons, it really did leave you a lot of freetime, especially with Aya's order not too far from being finished. Munching on a piece of toast, you fetch your watering can and start filling it up to get your morning gardening taken care of. As you go around watering the various plants, you notice happily that quite a bit of the edible plants have grown nicely and there were some nice ripe tomatos just waiting to be eaten. You picked one from the vine and gave it a testing bite, and after that you couldn't help but devour it greedily.

You've never tasted a tomato so tasty and so fresh! Did all freshly picked tomatos taste like this? To test your theory, you picked a second and ate it, savoring the delicious flavor. While you would like to think your gardening skills were the cause, it was more likely Yuuka's influence upon the plants making them grow in such a way. It really was amazing, you would have to thank her properly for all this somehow.

---

Delicious tomatos~:
[ ] It's not a lesson day, but why not go visit Reimu?
[ ] May as well get Aya's order all wrapped up and contact her
[ ] The sun is out, so maybe it'll be safe to try to go to Marisa's?
[ ] Other

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
>> No. 100342
[x] May as well get Aya's order all wrapped up and contact her.
[x] Maybe you can ask her about running an ad in her paper.
>> No. 100344
[ ] May as well get Aya's order all wrapped up and contact her
>> No. 100349
[x] May as well get Aya's order all wrapped up and contact her
>> No. 100350
[x] May as well get Aya's order all wrapped up and contact her
>> No. 100351
[0] May as well get Aya's order all wrapped up and contact her

Fresh tomatos~
>> No. 100352
[x] May as well get Aya's order all wrapped up and contact her
>> No. 100355
[x] May as well get Aya's order all wrapped up and contact her
>> No. 100358
[x] May as well get Aya's order all wrapped up and contact her
>> No. 100362
[x] May as well get Aya's order all wrapped up and contact her
>> No. 100364
[x] May as well get Aya's order all wrapped up and contact her