[Return]
Archived Thread

File 125483647193.jpg - (170.72KB , 800x563 , 0242dad06072c20ec0f6e20b48db41d1.jpg ) [iqdb]
97065 No. 97065
Continuation of >>96501

When we last left Anonymous, Keine had asked him if he could possibly pay a visit to the clinic at Eientei and deliver some medicines to Patchouli Knowledge.

---------

"Well..." Although what little remains of your survival instinct is desperately trying to grab your attention, you ignore it out of a sense of duty and worry towards your teacher and mentor. Keine wouldn't send you on such an errand if your life were in any danger, right? Even though she left you alone in the school that one day, with a man-eating little girl stalking you in the shadows. Then again, that worked out better than you could ever have expected, didn't it? Not that the idea of Rumia moving into your room permanently is particularly attractive, but it's certainly better than having to watch your back after school just so she doesn't pounce and eat you; of course, your assumption that she won't do so anyway is based purely on her good word alone. To sum up - what's the worst that could happen, right?

"Of course. I'd be glad to." Keine responds with yet another kind smile, nodding at you in a way that seems more thankful than approving.

"Alright. But the next lesson is about to start, so..." You nod and head back to your seat, just as the rest of the students start pouring into the auditorium. Flandre hops into the seat next to you, face still a little flushed when she smiles at you. Responding with a friendly smirk of your own, you can't help but wonder how Patchouli is doing right now.

...

The Japanese lesson went by without anything particularly interesting happening in between, and you now find yourself in a secluded corner of the school building, sharing lunch with a blonde vampire girl who happens to be sitting in your lap. Though you feel a little guilty, you can't help but notice how her lunchbox is separated into two distinct compartments; one containing her weird red meatballs (the origins and contents of which you'd rather not think on), and the other something more closely resembling human food; it's as if she packed the latter half for you on purpose, which doesn't make you feel any less guilty due to it taking up more than half of the space in her lunchbox. Don't want the poor girl to starve on your account, now do you?

"Hey, Flan." The tilts her head backwards, until she's looking at you upside-down from below; despite sitting in your lap, she's still quite a bit shorter than you. Mouth still full of food, she can only utter a mumbled noise as a response.

"Mmmph?"

"I'm going to a certain place in the bamboo forest after school today, so I'll have to miss club activities again today..." She swallows her food and offers you a disappointed frown that could make stones weep, so you quickly follow up with the second half of the sentence.
"...so I was wondering - would you like to come with me?" It takes a few seconds for what you've just said to sink in, before her eyes suddenly widen to a near-impossible degree; instantly turning herself upright, she straddles your lap and grips your shoulders so tightly it almost becomes painful, staring you right in the face with an incredulous expression.

"...Really?"

"Of course. It could be fun, you know? I've never been there, myself, so it'll be kind of like... an adventure, you know?" All of a sudden, the little blonde vampire girl gets awfully excited, bouncing up and down happily - while she doesn't exactly weigh much at all, the fact that she's bouncing up and down on your lap, in such a position, is enough to start giving your lower body some confusing ideas.

"I've never been there either! Ahaha, sounds fun!" You rarely ever see or hear her laugh in such a sincere and happy manner, due to her self-restraint whenever she's around her elder sister. She really does become much more of an open person when she's alone with you; you can't help but chuckle along with her, overjoyed to see her looking so pleased. Maybe this'll make up for you neglecting her so much lately... It's not entirely your fault, of course, but you've still got to take responsibility. She hugs onto you tightly, a gesture which you return; after all, she feels and smells nice, so... why the hell not. Heck, you've slept in the same bed with the girl, some physical closeness like this isn't that awkward at all, right? Ignoring the fact that she's still sitting on your groin, of course.

"Ah..." she speaks up again by your ear, her voice quieting down to a more serious tone.
"What about sis?" You think on this for a moment, trying to figure out what you should say in a situation like this. Honestly, you'd rather have Flandre to yourself for a while, outside of her sister's shadow, get to know the -real- Flandre a little better, and allow her to live out her emotions without restraint.

"She doesn't have to come if you don't want her to." Pulling back from you lightly, she blesses you with yet another pure smile, before tilting her head with a mildly surprised expression.

"Oh, you've got some... on your face..."

"Hm?" You touch the corner of your mouth, but don't feel anything; and you're usually not that messy when you eat, either. But then, you usually don't eat while being distracted by a girl's buttocks gently rubbing against your crotch through thin layers of clothing.

"Here, let me... um..." She glances left and right nervously for a moment, as if she were looking for someone; then, she slowly leans closer to you, eyes firmly fixed on your lips, lips parting ever-so-slightly, her motions radiating an overwhelming degree of hesitation.

"Uh... What are you doing?"

Her face instantly turns a noticeable shade of pink.
"N-nothing! Ah, hehe, look, here it is..." She gently wipes across your lip with a slender finger, producing a tiny remnant of the tuna sandwich which you had just devoured; after offering you more of a shy smile, she plops her finger into her mouth, licking it clean.
"...Yum~"

...

Ah, that's better. While fapping in a school bathroom is hardly the most appropriate way to spend the rest of your break, every man has his threshold for excitement, and yours had been crossed - that girl can be quite the seductress without even realizing it. Or maybe you're just adapting to the Japanese way of life and thinking faster than you thought? The whole 'indirect kiss' thing isn't exactly such a big deal in the western world, after all... What's next, are you going to start having nosebleeds whenever a girl shows some skin? The ones you had from moving stuff with your mind were bad enough... Granted, you haven't been having those for a while now. Maybe you're getting better at it? Who knows.

After the last lesson for the day, Keine calls you aside for a moment once everyone else has left.
"The outer edges of the bamboo forest are safe; you'll be likely to see nothing more than rabbits and insects around there. The bamboo stalks aren't that dense either, so you should see a river in the distance; just follow the river, and you should bump into that friend of mine before long, alright?" You nod, still feeling somewhat uncertain about this whole thing. Adventure with Flandre to procure medicine for Patchouli sounds fun and all, but somehow the term 'wildlife' seems to have a higher value of intimidation in Gensokyo; what if said 'wildlife' turns out to be more humanoid youkai? How would you tell the difference between Keine's friend and a man-eater?

"This friend of yours, miss Kamishirasawa... What does he or she look like?"

"She. Don't worry about it, you'll recognize her when you see her." Not the answer you were looking for, but that disarming smile of hers forces you to accept it. Miss Keine is absolutely wonderful, but you're not quite sure if you trust her judgment on most things these days; at times, it seems like she's living in her own little happy world where everyone gets along and all is good. Regardless, you thank her and head off, meeting up with Flandre who had been waiting for you by the shoe lockers and exiting the building; before you get far, however, you hear a familiar voice calling out from behind you. Turning around, you spot Remilia leaning out of one of the auditorium windows.

"Hey! Where are you two going..? We still have to clean up the auditorium!"

"I..." You can feel Flandre grabbing onto your hand.
"...We've got something to do in the bamboo forest. I'm sorry about this, but could you take care of it today? I'll do it myself tomorrow to make up for it!"

She seems more than surprised by this sudden development, leaning further out of the window to the point where you become mildly concerned that she might fall out any moment now.
"O-oh? Wait, let me finish up real quick, and I'll-..."

"It's okay, sis!" Flandre interrupts her sister; somehow, this feels utterly backwards.
"We'll be back soon - I'll see you later when I'm home, alright?"

"Wait, it'll just take a minute, and-..."

"WE'LL BE FINE!" That last shout was quite a bit louder than would've been necessary to cover the distance between the two of you and the school, almost sounding closer to a scream; Flandre's smile seems awfully strained for a moment, and her grip on your hand is getting more and more painful by the second. Even Remilia seemed frightened by that just now, pulling back a bit.

"...Alright. Stay safe, don't come back too late..." And with that, she disappears back into the auditorium. As Flandre's face relaxes once again, you can't help but prod her shoulder lightly to attract her attention.

"Flan... Your grip... It hurts a bit." Realization dawning on her, an utterly mortified look spreads across her face as she releases your hand; you open and clench your fist a few times to get the circulation going again.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" She keeps repeating this many more times than should've been necessary, deaf to your assurances that it's fine.
"I didn't... I don't want to break you or anything..." Break you? An odd way of wording things.

"Relax, I'm fine... I don't break so easily. Alright? Now give me a smile again." You ruffle her hair a bit, remembering that she liked it whenever you did that; sure enough, she closes her eyes and smiles again, seeming as happy as a kitten.

You stop for a moment once you reach the outer part of the bamboo forest - it certainly looks huge, and rather deep to boot. What was it you heard the villagers call it sometimes... The Bamboo Forest of the Lost? You can see how one could easily get lost in such a thicket if they've wandered too deep inside, indeed. Ah, but what was it Keine said for you to look out for? Ah, yes, of course - over there, an area where the bamboo stalks are less dense, you can spot the glistening of water in the sun, the gentle lapping sounds of the river's water becoming audible as the two of you get closer. Flandre in particular seems awfully excited by the sight, especially the sizeable silvery fish you can spot swimming along the current every now and then, their scales reflecting the sun's rays in all directions in a colorful display, like living underwater rainbows. Follow the river into the forest, wasn't it?

"Who did you say we're meeting?" Flandre has been asking you random questions during your walk here, and it doesn't look like she's about to stop, either. You don't mind, though; you're happy to answer, and her voice is pleasant on the ears.

"Miss Kamishirasawa's friend. She'll be guiding us to Eientei; I've got to pick up some medicines for miss Knowledge."

"Hum..." She sounds a tiny bit disappointed.

"What's wrong, Flan?"

"Nothing." Skipping onto a rock by the river, she twirls around on one foot, making your heart skip a beat at the thought of her losing balance and falling into the river - what exactly does a vampire's weakness to flowing water involve, anyway?
"It's just that I was hoping we'd get to explore together, just the two of us. It's fun like this, just you and me." Another lovely smile, and she starts absent-mindedly toying with that side-ponytail of hers.

"Well, maybe we can go explore another place together someday - just the two of us. Alright?"

"That's a promise, then!" Your blonde companion giggles and grins, heading off in the direction of the river in a playful jog, as you follow behind. She's certainly got you beat when it comes to stamina, that's for sure... Suddenly, you hear a light yelp, and rush over to her to see what happened.

"What's wrong, Flan?" She merely gestures to the other side of the river, at a figure lying on the ground, one leg crossed over the other, arms folded under the head, apparently taking a nap. The person appears to be wearing a rather baggy pair of pants - finally, someone besides you in this land who doesn't wear a skirt or dress! - held up by a pair of suspenders, a worn-looking pair of boots, and what was once a white dress shirt, now closer to a dim light brown after what must've been several years' worth of stains and washings. The pants have odd charms stuck to them - you can't quite tell if they're woven in or more like stickers, from this distance. Similar charms appear to be tied into the girl's - because, upon further inspection, it appears to be female - long, very long hair, which is also strangely pure white.

"Ugh... Noisy... Who the hell're you? You're scaring the fish away." A voice, while obviously feminine, sounding a significant deal lower than that of any other girl you've spoken to during your stay in Gensokyo, speaking in a harsh and not-at-all-girly tone is heard, and you notice a fishing rod fixed to the ground beside the previously sleeping figure, who sits up and rubs her eyes lightly, squinting at you. Deciding she could use a closer look, she stands up and hops over the reasonably wide river in a single impressive leap, coming to a stop right in front of you. She's rather tall, compared to the girls back at school, and her face is as harsh as her voice. It's also incredibly pale, and the irises of her eyes are red; not in that mildly-glowing supernatural way as it is with the Scarlet sisters and Rumia, but more as if the blood was showing through the irises. Based on her overall appearance, you assume she must be albinistic; must be why she's squinting at the sunlight so much and wanted to get such a close look at you. You've heard people with albinism tend to have weaker eyesight and low tolerance towards light.

"Why don't you take a picture? It'll last longer."

"Er, sorry... But aren't you checking me out as well?" She doesn't let herself be interrupted by your remark, continuing to eye you up and down with a very mild degree of curiosity.

"'Checking you out' would be a generous way of putting it." She pulls what appears to be a slightly crumpled packet of cigarettes from her pocket, pulling one out and putting it in her mouth, before lighting it with... her thumb. Huh, that's certainly a neat trick. Somehow less intimidating than anything Patchouli has shown you so far, though.
"So, like I asked... Who the hell are you? You lost or something? People don't usually come this far into the bamboo forest of their own will, after all..."

"Isn't it polite to give your own name before asking others?"

She rolls her eyes at you. "Mokou. Of the Fujiwara clan. Just call me Mokou. And if you call me 'Mokotan' or anything like that, I'll kick your ass so hard you'll be tasting your own shit for a month." Such an unfeminine thing to say, with such a straight, relaxed face. You almost expect her to blow some smoke into your face to emphasize her disdain towards you. In any case, you introduce yourself by name as well; in response, Mokou holds the packet of cigarettes out towards you, before gesturing towards your side with her other hand, and you notice Flandre peeking out from behind you, furrowing her eyebrows at the girl standing before you. Looks like Mokou hasn't left a good first impression on the vampire girl; she's probably still thinking of her as little more than an interruption to your private time together.

"And her? Your girlfriend or something?"



The cigarettes?
[] "Thanks."
[] "I don't smoke."
[] "Those things will end up killing you."

G-girlfriend?
[] Yeah, you guess you could think of her that way...
[] Just a good friend.
[] You're here on business. Avoid the question by bringing up what you came here for.
[] Fujiwara no Mokou? Avoid the question by bringing up her utter lack of school attendance.
-{} ...because you're the class representative.
-{} ...because it's worrying Keine.

>> No. 97067
[x] "I don't smoke."
[x] Fujiwara no Mokou? Avoid the question by bringing up her utter lack of school attendance.
-{x} ...because it's worrying Keine.
Is there a difficulty above Lunatic? Because I reckon a Mokou route would be on that level.
>> No. 97068
[X] "I don't smoke."
[X] "Those things will end up killing you."
[X] Yeah, you guess you could think of her that way...

>>"WE'LL BE FINE!" That last shout was quite a bit louder than would've been necessary to cover the distance between the two of you and the school, almost sounding closer to a scream; Flandre's smile seems awfully strained for a moment, and her grip on your hand is getting more and more painful by the second. Even Remilia seemed frightened by that just now, pulling back a bit.

Translation: "Goddamn it, sis, do NOT cock-block me!"
>> No. 97069
[x] "Those things will end up killing you."
[x] Yeah, you guess you could think of her that way...

Why beating around the bush, if you want to move forward with Flandre you got to make things clear. And she will be happy too but not really understand it.
And in the end he will say he was just joking.
>"Those things will end up killing you."
Will turn into a funny situation.
>> No. 97070
[X] "Those things will end up killing you."
[X] Yeah, you guess you could think of her that way...

Mokou is just harsh on the outside.
Also, we are the class representative we must also:
[T] Fujiwara no Mokou? Bring up her utter lack of school attendance.
-{T} ...because it's worrying Keine.
Don't bring up that we are the class representative.
>> No. 97071
The cigarettes?
[X] "Thanks, but no thanks. I have enough things trying to kill me these days as it is."

G-girlfriend?
[X] Just a good friend.
[X] You're here on business. Avoid any further discussion on that by bringing up what you came here for.

Maybe as a conversational item if you spend much time with Mokou.
[X] Fujiwara no Mokou? Ask about her utter lack of school attendance.
-{X} ...because you're the class representative.
-{X} ...because it's worrying Keine.

I'm curious about her. Granted, we'll probably just get some BS about her being a health nut who's busy running her yakitori stand.
>> No. 97072
[x] "Thanks."
[x] You'll... save it for later.

[x] Fujiwara no Mokou? Avoid the question by bringing up her utter lack of school attendance.
-{x} ...because you're the class representative.
-{x} ...because it's worrying Keine.
>> No. 97074
>"I'll kick your ass so hard you'll be tasting your own shit for a month."

I love that line... <3

[X] "I don't smoke."
[X] Yeah, you guess you could think of her that way...

Jin really doesn't smoke, nor shown any inclination for it. besides it will kill your tastebuds/sense of smell overtime... not permanent but still...

Plus this will help Flan feel better following Jin regardless if they meet up others that one or the other don't care too much...

I wonder how desperate is Flan wanting to get away with some one but without suddenly get sent to the paddywagon for it...

quit pussy footing around...
>> No. 97075
The thought of Flandre smoking a cigarette and having an attitude like Mokou's...

Moe~
>> No. 97076
File 125483972283.jpg - (51.53KB , 411x334 , whoathere.jpg ) [iqdb]
97076
>>97075

[X] "Thanks, but no thanks. I have enough things trying to kill me these days as it is."

[X] Just a good friend.
[X] You're here on business. Avoid any further discussion on that by bringing up what you came here for.

[X] Fujiwara no Mokou? Ask about her utter lack of school attendance.
-{X} ...because it's worrying Keine.
>> No. 97077
[Q] "Those things will end up killing you."
[Q] Fujiwara no Mokou? Avoid the question by bringing up her utter lack of school attendance.
-{Q} ...because you're the class representative.
-{Q} ...because it's worrying Keine.
>> No. 97078
[1] "I don't smoke."
[2] Yeah, you guess you could think of her that way...
[3] You're here on business. Avoid the question by bringing up what you came here for.
[4] Fujiwara no Mokou? Bring up her utter lack of school attendance.
-{x} ...because you're the class representative.
>> No. 97081
[X] "Those things will end up killing you."
[X] Fujiwara no Mokou? Avoid the question by bringing up her utter lack of school attendance.
-{X} ...because it's worrying Keine.
>> No. 97082
[x] "Those things will end up killing you."
[x] Yeah, you guess you could think of her that way...
>> No. 97083
[x]'Thanks' (I've yet to see a CYOA character smoking)
[x] Fujiwara no Mokou? Avoid the question by bringing up her utter lack of school attendance.
-{x} ...because it's worrying Keine.
>> No. 97084
[X] "Those things will end up killing you."
[X] Fujiwara no Mokou? Avoid the question by bringing up her utter lack of school attendance.
-{X} ...because it's worrying Keine.
>> No. 97085
Curiously those using the "we're here on business" vote, if that's the case why even bother bringing up about Mokou's lack of attendance to school? At the very least rather than bringing it up in a formal fashion, just mention why Jin hasn't seen her before just now. Casual conversations people; lording her over with pseudo authority will more likely cause her to think of us more poorly. Not to mention it would very vaguely echo Remilia's behavior... I doubt Flan would feel awesome seeing that... Leave out the thoughts of Keine's worries as well as the Class rep shtick for now...

Another thing, since it seems Keine generally knows where Mokou is, why does it seem that they haven't spoken to one another in a good while..? I'd imagine Keine would have plenty of times tried cavingtalking Mokou into coming to school and still be doing that.

Eventually she may ask Jin to convince her out of desperation, ergo more personal time with Flandreanother trip to the bamboo forest would be needed.
>> No. 97086
[X] "Those things will end up killing you."
[X] Yeah, you guess you could think of her that way...
[X] Fujiwara no Mokou? Bring up her utter lack of school attendance.
-{X} ...because it's worrying Keine.
-{x} ...because you're the class representative.
>> No. 97087
>>97085

I think she has been trying but I can see miss firestarter to be as stubborn as they come, especailly since Kaguya's not going to school.

And it's insulting to someone who've survived for 1000+ years alone to go to school. And without her rival, Mokou most likely sees no real reason to bother.

[X] "Those things will end up killing you."
[X] Yeah, you guess you could think of her that way...
[x] "Are you the guide that Miss Keine mentioned?"

Figured this would be a good choice

Also I doubt Flan wants to taste Ashtray when she does kiss you. (smoking is very addictive and Jin does not have regenerating lungs), also being a good example for Flan.
>> No. 97090
>>97087
I changed my mind. Changing the last part to this.
Note: Mokou doesn't go to school because she would have to wear a skirt.
>> No. 97091
>"Uh... What are you doing?"

>Her face instantly turns a noticeable shade of pink.

hahaha nice self-cockblock Jin.

The cigarettes?
[] "I don't smoke."
And there's no need to be a dick to those that do.

G-girlfriend?
[] You're here on business. Avoid the question by bringing up what you came here for.

no routelock, final destination, etc.
>> No. 97093
>>97091

I think of it as not taking utter advantage of an innocent girl.

And you must be a (Sakuya or Rumia) fan.
>> No. 97095
File 125484904037.png - (12.16KB , 676x475 , 121606936990.png ) [iqdb]
97095
>[X] "Those things will end up killing you."
Could we drop the moralfaggotry already?
The fact that it also is a terrible joke doesn't help at all.
>> No. 97096
>>97095

I think Mokou would like the joke as she then demonstrates why they can't kill her.

I think the reason why the choice was included was to perhaps produce some laughs.
>> No. 97098
[X] "I don't smoke."
[X] Yeah, you guess you could think of her that way...
[x] "Are you the guide that Miss Keine mentioned?"

>>97091

I dont particularly like Flan but that seems to be the one were goin for. And if thats the case we should stop being so dodgy about it. It will just get us into more trouble later.
>> No. 97099
>>97098
no, routelocking is what will cause problems later on.

Flandre is the classic yandere. there's a good chance she'll get awfully possessive. and also a good chance of violence in case of the sort of romantic-shenanigans-with-other-girls that is cliche in this kind of stories.

this reminds me of that confess-love-to-alice faggotry, though possibly to a smaller degree.
>> No. 97100
>>97099
>confess-love-to-alice faggotry

The what now?
>> No. 97101
>>97098

I commend your cooperative attitude, and next run I'll remember this.
>> No. 97102
>>97095
So telling the truth is moralfaggotry? I don't whether to laugh or rage here.

The cigarettes?
[X] "Thanks, but no thanks. I have enough things trying to kill me these days as it is."

G-girlfriend?
[x] Yeah, you guess you could think of her that way...
[X] You're here on business. Avoid any further discussion on that by bringing up what you came here for.

Maybe as a conversational item if you spend much time with Mokou.
[X] Fujiwara no Mokou? Ask about her utter lack of school attendance.
-{X} ...because you're the class representative.
-{X} ...because it's worrying Keine.
>> No. 97103
>>97100
I think it was Teruyo's story in Eientei a while back. Anon confessed to Alice out of the blue, resulting in a routelock a lot of people didn't like. I remember a lot of BAAWWWing.

I'm not too sure of the details; I didn't follow that story.
>> No. 97104
>>97099

I doubt he'd be this cliched, since this Flan seems quite sensible if quite inexperienced to the world as a whole.

And if any antics occur it'd be the Sakuya/rumia fan's fault for trying to Sakuyablock us.

>>97103

Wasn't that good of a route lock since Anon still couldn't make their damn mind, and that story's first run was rife with Teruyo's writing fuck ups (He was poor at giving Anon a direction to go, and still is to a lesser degree) and anon not knowing what the fuck they wanted.

This is different; we have direction and we know what we want in general, just the matter of the annoying minority letting things take their course.
>> No. 97105
>>97099

The one with Sigurd..? Man I need to catch up lol...

But as for the possible Yandere Flan, as you said a "chance", we could very well avoid that deep end and in fact get Flan to become more assertive without scaring the shit out of everybody. At most we're making up for lost time as well as "defining" the relationship between Flan and Jin. Flan in fact hates the thought of losing her self control and seems to desperately want to be as sociable as the others; or at least as "approachable" as Remilia can be...
>> No. 97107
>>97105

No Teruyo's story in /eientei/ (The fact that such a thing occured was a testament to his poor writing and direction giving, and how Alicefags came swarming in from /forest/ since that lazy scat nigger Scorn stopped his story at the the time)

In Norseman's story, the whole thing was welcomed by the readers (and Norseman says MAlice route is still possible); heck I welcome it greatly since it'll reduce chances of such a stunt happening again in another story.
>> No. 97108
File 125485344629.jpg - (45.65KB , 768x576 , fc80589.jpg ) [iqdb]
97108
>>97107
>No Teruyo's story in /eientei/ (The fact that such a thing occured was a testament to his poor direction giving, and how Alicefags came swarming in from /forest/ since that lazy scat nigger Scorn stopped his story at the time)

I don't wish to remember those days... Though I will defend Teruyo's writing. May be bad at directing but his writing is not bad at all...

Damn it scorn you could have changed the course of THP history had you not quit...
>> No. 97109
File 125485418384.jpg - (1.39MB , 2000x1500 , wriggle190.jpg ) [iqdb]
97109
>>97108
>Damn it scorn you could have changed the course of THP history had you not quit...

I'm more disheartened by the loss of the only Wriggle route available. We never even got the chance to return the sentiment, and we were so close... got a real kiss and everything...

One day, Wriggle. One day. You'll have your chance to shine.
>> No. 97110
[X] "I don't smoke."
[X] "Those things will end up killing you."
[X] Yeah, you guess you could think of her that way...

We need to take a path, anon. We can't avoid it forever.
>> No. 97112
File 125485449632.jpg - (33.24KB , 600x450 , gj.jpg ) [iqdb]
97112
>>97109
>You'll have your chance to shine
>Firefiles
>> No. 97113
[x]'Thanks'
[x] Fujiwara no Mokou? Avoid the question by bringing up her utter lack of school attendance.
-{x} ...because it's worrying Keine.
>> No. 97114
>>97110

Exactly. I think the easiest way to snip Flans psycho homicidal tendencies would be to give her an indication that we think of her as more than just a friend. We already know that she's confused as well so why send mixed messages?
>> No. 97115
>>97108

Never said his writing was ever bad, just flawed. Why else would he still have fans after such things?

And the fact that there weren't stories to really pick up the banner and such until somewhat recently in /forest/ most likely caused the Alicefag exodus into Teruyo's story.

>>97109

SCCCCOOOOORRRRRNNNN!!!!!!

Sorry about that, just that I know how there isn't any running story with Wriggle or Mystia in it (SlowPatch.jpg)

but back on the topic

>>97105

Yeah we're helping her make progress towards interacting normally with other people. Though one of the steps is to have her spend more time outside her sister's shadow so she can be her own girl. (This has been said before sure, but it's an important factor, but Remilia's personality does overpower Flans. And I do think this is what she referred to when talking about Love and Prejudice about someone who cared more for position than anything else, since Remilia doesn't seem to interact with outside students while Flan has Cirno as a new friend)

I think we should make things clear now in a direction we want to go. (Sure it might not result in a super duper lovely scene, but it's a path in a clearer direction), falling in line will make things less painful. (Like in HLA R2, I wanted komachi but since the starting place was the Yakumo house, I decided to vote for Ran)
>> No. 97116
>but most folks voting for "I guess you can say that" figure it'd be said in a semi-joking way and it'd cheer Flan up.

I would like to, once again, direct your attention to the lack of quotation marks in that particular option.
If you want to say anything specific in a specific tone, you're welcome to write in your own lines.
>> No. 97117
File 125485572986.jpg - (242.55KB , 600x848 , 22de28407f8ba40d2a3456df86b40998.jpg ) [iqdb]
97117
The cigarettes?
[▩] "Thanks, but no thanks. I have enough things trying to kill me these days as it is."

G-girlfriend?
[▩] Yeah, you guess you could think of her that way...

[▩] Fujiwara no Mokou? Ask about her utter lack of school attendance.
-{▩} ...because it's worrying Keine.
>> No. 97118
[x] "Those things will end up killing you."
[x] Fujiwara no Mokou? Avoid the question by bringing up her utter lack of school attendance.
-{x} ...because it's worrying Keine.

>>96981
This story would become 10 times more awesome if that happened.

>>97108
There are starving writers who need those ellipses. Stop wasting them and sounding like a moron in the process. Learn how punctuate like an actual person.

>>97095
Goddamn, you're thick.
>> No. 97120
[X] "I don't smoke."
[X] Yeah, you guess you could think of her that way...
>> No. 97122
[X] "I don't smoke."
[X] "Those things will end up killing you."
[X] Yeah, you guess you could think of her that way...
>> No. 97123
[1] "I don't smoke."
[2] Yeah, you guess you could think of her that way...
[3] Fujiwara no Mokou? Bring up her utter lack of school attendance casually.
-{x} ...because you're the class representative.
-[x] ...because Keine's worried
>> No. 97125
[X] "I don't smoke."
[X] Yeah, you guess you could think of her that way...
[x] "Are you the guide that Miss Keine mentioned?"
>> No. 97127
[X] "I don't smoke."
[x] Yeah, you guess you could think of her that way...
>> No. 97128
[x] "I don't smoke."
[x] Yeah, you guess you could think of her that way...
[x] Fujiwara no Mokou? Bring up her utter lack of school attendance casually.
-{x} ...because you're the class representative.
-[x] ...because Keine's worried
>> No. 97129
[x] "I don't smoke."
[x] You're here on business. Avoid the question by bringing up what you came here for.

We can bring up her attendance on the way back, that isn't what we're here for and she might get pissed off and refuse to take us. We're going to be walking with her for a while anyway, no need to rush things.

And Flan is our little sister, goddammit.
>> No. 97131
>>97129

That's every other CYOA with Flan in it.

That and Rumia's in that spot as a rather spiteful one.
>> No. 97133
>>97129
>Flan is our little sister

Nope, we're going all the way.
>> No. 97134
File 125487047233.jpg - (26.94KB , 720x480 , 20091006190610.jpg ) [iqdb]
97134
>>97131
>>97133
>> No. 97135
>>97095

>Could we drop the moralfaggotry already?
The fact that it also is a terrible joke doesn't help at all.

I'm under the impression it was a reference to CUtMaS in /eientei/

Let's see if I can get this right...

>>/eientei/10053
>> No. 97136
[] "I don't smoke."
G-girlfriend?
[] Yeah, you guess you could think of her that way...
[] Fujiwara no Mokou? Avoid the question by bringing up her utter lack of school attendance.
-{} ...because it's worrying Keine.
>> No. 97139
>>97135

Sometimes bad jokes work in getting laughs, and it's not as if Jin knows better.

And it seems Mokou cares nothing about hiding her powers.

Though Harker's Mokou was interesting, since she did tell KC to basically kill her and see how he responded.
>> No. 97141
File 125487376275.png - (321.32KB , 737x502 , spittake.png ) [iqdb]
97141
>Flan is our little sister
>> No. 97152
File 125488730159.jpg - (494.56KB , 1000x1000 , oh.jpg ) [iqdb]
97152
>>97129

So she's forever stuck as such..? If so image related...

I'd imagine that would be hard to swallow considering if Remilia can very well find some one to be by her side, why can't she if their age difference are by 5 years.

image related of course

Then again like most CYOAs we're allowed flexibility. Heck Mokou based on this CYOA looks to be a third year, yet in another she's a young woman looking to be in her mid 20s or so along side with Keine.

Not really trying to argue but it does make me wonder why and why not...
>> No. 97156
>>97152

Why you do this, guy. I was thinking of posting that image in the near future in one of these threads.
>> No. 97157
>>97156

Just alter a single pixel and repost it at that time then.
>> No. 97159
[1] "I don't smoke."
[2] Yeah, you guess you could think of her that way...
[3] Fujiwara no Mokou? Bring up her utter lack of school attendance casually.
-{x} ...because you're the class representative.
-[x] ...because Keine's worried
>> No. 97162
>>97152

Not really since at this rate even the non-fans are going along. We'll finally have our Flan romantic route.

But the main reason why she doesn't in most stories is because mentally she's so much younger than the lead, that such a thing feels creepy.

In contrast, Jin's young age and Flan coming off as an innocent yet smart girl makes of a potential cute relationship.
>> No. 97163
File 125490333595.jpg - (493.56KB , 600x1800 , 300318b5083b5f896f850bf2df47913b.jpg ) [iqdb]
97163
Koishi beat us
>> No. 97164
>>97152
Why? Because she has the mind of a child and that fucking turns me off. How's that for why?
>> No. 97166
>>97164
SDM LA way back I'd agree, here however seems more plausible for something beyond that.
>> No. 97170
>>97164

She was never stupid, just naive of certain things (Though she certainly doesn't want to be treated like a child)

And a relationship with this Flan would be the slow and cute kind (as opposed to a fast and steamy kind with say Aya)
>> No. 97176
>>97170
>She was never stupid, just naive of certain things (Though she certainly doesn't want to be treated like a child)
Yes. That's the mindset of a child. And that's what's a turn-off.

>>97162
>mentally she's so much younger than the lead
Still applies in this story. Not as much, but still plenty.

>>97152
Son of a bitch, this is ellipsisfag, isn't it? No wonder his point is shit.
>> No. 97177
>>97176

Hey leave this drama for IRC please, I rather not see anons fight each other outside the scope of this cyoa at the very least.

I'm getting popcorn for more anon bashing, Polite sage for not really contributing
>> No. 97179
>>97177

He's just lashing out because he can't really counter prove the Flanfans' point.

He should take it easy.
>> No. 97180
>>97156

Foreboding despair?;_;
>> No. 97182
File 125494447327.jpg - (73.75KB , 736x526 , 548319409257b7b3dd2e646f4481769d.jpg ) [iqdb]
97182
Today's update is shit because what I pictured in my brain didn't translate well through the keyboard for some reason.

----------

You eye the packet of cigarettes being offered to you; despite whatever peer pressure you might have experienced back in the outside world, you never did pick up smoking. Whether this has helped preserve your lungs regardless of other people around you smoking is something you'd rather not think about too hard.

"Thanks, but no thanks. I have enough things trying to kill me these days as it is."

Mokou cocks an eyebrow at your manner of speech curiously, before pocketing her cigarettes once again, taking a drag from the one she's already smoking.
"Suit yourself. They're my last ones anyway... I guess I'll need to pay a visit to that doofus running his little shop by the forest, again."

"And this is Flandre. She, ah..." You hesitate for a moment, but you figure you might as well be honest with yourself - despite not knowing each other for that long, the two of you have grown rather close, haven't you? And if the two of you are sending mixed messages to one another... Well, life is about taking risks. You might as well make the first move and see if she goes along with it, right? After all, it's not as if you don't like the girl.
"...Yeah, I suppose she's as close to being my girlfriend as you could get." You feel her hand lightly gripping yours again, though she's still hiding behind you so you can't see her reaction to what you've just said.

"Cool story, bro. Anyway..." Mokou's eyes narrow lightly, although her gaze still seems more bored than suspicious. Despite her harsh tone of speaking and appearance, she gives off the feel of an easy-going person; that is, assuming your sense of judgment isn't as warped as the rest of your common sense is by now.
"...Since you've stumbled onto my fishing spot, you're either really lost, or Keine sent you. Which is it?"

"Ah, well, uh... Are you the guide that miss Keine mentioned? I actually came here for your help." For a moment, you think she's not even listening to you anymore, glancing at something else in the distance while entertaining herself by blowing smoke out of her nostrils.

"Maybe. Depends. After all, you just made it sound as if you attract things that want to kill you; I'm not sure I'd want to mess around with that sort of person. Where do you need to get to?"

"Eientei."

She coughs once, though you can't tell if it's from the smoke or what you said.
"Ah. Yeah. Then you'll be needing a guide, alright." Her lazy gaze once again turning to you, she takes another long, hard drag from her cig, before continuing.
"Why would you want to go there of all places, though? You sick or something? I reckon most folks would go for the clinic, if they can even work up the guts to step that deep into the bamboo forest."

"Well, not me... I'm supposed to pick up some medicines for one of the teachers back at school."

She furrows her eyebrows lightly in response to this.
"Oh. You must be the outsider guy, then. Keine's told me all about you."
The rolling of her eyes could've been better masked just then, really.
"Promising boy. Really nice and friendly. Getting along so well with the others. It's as if the silly woman has a crush on you or something."

"...Are you going to help us or not?" Honestly, she's making you feel uncomfortable with that crap by now.

"Right, right... Well, if it's for Keine, I guess I'll have to do it; otherwise, I'll never hear the end of it."

...

You've been walking after Mokou for a while now, holding Flandre's hand so she doesn't stay off somewhere; which is a rather realistic risk, considering how excited she looks, every little noise distracting her attention as she gazes around the bamboo forest with wide eyes. You can't help but be impressed, yourself - the stalks are so tall and dense that they almost block out the sun in some areas. While you and Flandre trip over small rocks or foliage on the ground every now and then, Mokou's steps are firm and instinctive, and her direction unwavering; it's as if she knows this forest better than the back of her hand.

"So, ah... You live in the forest, somewhere?"

"A-yup." Not very talkative, now is she.

"I hear it's dangerous, though.

"Uh-huh." God damn it. You're going to squeeze some conversation out of this girl or die trying.

"Hey, I'm just trying to get to know you better."

"Would you believe I'm just a health nut that runs a yakitori stand?"

"I don't think a health nut would be smoking."

She pauses for a moment, tilting her head back a little and shading her eyes with her hand, looking skyward.
"Hm, guess I'm busted, huh."

You walk a short while without exchanging any further words; Flandre seems to be pleased, instead asking you about the various small animals, birds, insects and plants you can see here and there. A curious-looking and rather large rabbit comes a little closer to the three of you, before Mokou scares it off by making an intimidating face.
"So... Is the way between your home and the village long and dangerous too, then? Is that why you haven't been coming to school?"

She stops walking, glaring back at you from the corner of an eye; it's as if she's trying her hardest to keep herself from smacking you upside the head with her fishing pole right now.
"What of it? Why do you care?"

"Well, for starters, it's worrying Keine. She really seems to care about you, a lot, and..."

"And what? Did she send you here to convince me or something? I already told her it's not going to happen."

"She didn't. Honest. I was just asking out of concern, that's all." You resume walking a short distance, before you add: "And because it's kind of my duty and all, being the class representative."

"Ooh, you really are the teacher's pet, aren't you? Shut up already, you're making me sick... I'm half-tempted to just leave you here, now."

"I'm sorry. But..."

She sighs, after spitting the cigarette butt out of her mouth and extinguishing it with her boot and continuing on the way.
"But what?"

"I'm just curious. Why won't you go? Even if Keine asks you to?"

"I honestly don't need it. I've managed to live just fine the way I am right now, right?" You resume your journey in silence for a while, lost in thought as you try to appreciate the scenery. It's all so very... green. You like green. It's relaxing, as long as you don't think too hard on what the 'wildlife' Keine warned you about could be. Mokou doesn't seem worried in the slightest; you figure she'd be able to handle anything threatening for you. Right? Granted, she does look perfectly human, but you stopped trusting your eyes a long time ago. It wouldn't surprise you at all if she could shoot laser beams out of her eyes or something. Actually, judging by that trick with the cigarette earlier, you figure she's something similar to Patchouli instead. On that note, it's probably best not to piss her off too much - not only is she your guide, but you'd like to get home without being burned to death, today.

But still.

"No persuading you, huh..." For a moment, you think you see the silhouette of what looks like a very large bird between the criss-crossing shadows of the bamboo stalks, but when you look up into the air, you see nothing.

"What is it?" Flandre tugs on your sleeve curiously, looking up at you with a mild hint of concern in her eyes.

"Nothing... Must've just been a cloud or something."

Suddenly, Mokou responds to your question.
"Tell you what. Tell Keine that if she can get Kaguya to go, then I'll consider it." Her statement is followed by a gruff chuckle for reasons which you don't quite understand. Actually, you decide to express this to her.

"I don't understand. Why is it so important that this Kaguya person goes along with you?"

"Are you kidding?" Mokou abruptly turns around, staring you in the face with a suspiciously wide grin; she's close enough for you to smell the smoke residue in her breath, which isn't exactly something you'd call pleasant. You can hear Flandre emit a quite noise akin to a growl; so can Mokou. To your surprise, the taller girl actually takes a respectful step back, while maintaining careful eye contact with the vampire for a moment. That's odd, Flandre had said she's never been here before; does Mokou somehow know who she is?
"...As I was saying. I'd kill for the chance to see the pampered little princess getting all embarrassed, wearing a sailor outfit. A short skirt, haha! Oh man, I'd just die laughing."

"But... Wouldn't you have to wear a skirt, too?" Flandre interjects, which results in Mokou's laughter getting caught in her throat.

"...Good point, girl. Deal's off!"

"Hey, hey, hey... Couldn't you wear a boys' uniform, or something?" You're getting a little desperate here, but seeing Keine with that sad, melancholy expression on her face every now and then is getting more than a little painful by now. If convincing this Mokou girl could put a smile back on her face, well... You'll have to try your best, won't you?

"What, like yours?" She eyes you up and down once again, as if picturing herself in your clothes. You're not quite sure how to react to that thought.
"...maybe. I can't tell much from looking at you." Without even asking, she grabs your arm and squeezes your biceps.

"Ow! What do you think you're doing?"

"...Hm, not the fittest guy, are you. I guess I've seen worse, though-..." Right as she finishes her sentence, there's a cracking sound as a skin-colored blur swipes through the air between you and Mokou, provoking a shout of pain from her. Looking to your side in shock, you can see Flandre slowly lowering her arm; apparently, she smacked Mokou's hand off you. That cracking noise... What was it?

Flandre's voice suddenly calls out, in an unusually intimidating, serious tone; it sends an involuntary chill down your spine, somehow. "Hey. You. Don't hurt Jin."

Having dropped her fishing rod and now rubbing her wrist, which somehow looks a little strangely bent to you now, Mokou turns her eyes to the little vampire, glaring at her with her mouth somewhere between an enraged scowl and an amused grin.
"...Strong, aren't you. I thought you looked familiar from the moment I first saw you... What did you say your name was, girl?"

"Flandre. Flandre Scarlet." She stands in front of you, right between you and Mokou, looking up at her defiantly, not a hint of fear in the eyes of either of them; involuntarily, you take a step back, sensing something dangerous about the situation right now. That smell... It's that familiar chemical smell again. You haven't sensed it for a long time now... Where is it coming from?

"Scarlet, huh? I remember that name all too well..." Suddenly, her eyes flare and her mouth twists into a sinister grin, the pain from her wrist all but forgotten in an instant.
"You have a sister, don't you?"

Somewhat startled by the question, Flandre nevertheless responds with a nod, maintaining her position even as Mokou takes a step closer, putting her good hand into her pocket and still grinning wildly.

"I still hurt in places from when I first met your sister. Ah, I wonder.. Are you as much of a tough cookie as she was? Hmm? Weaker, stronger? Should I find out?"

The smell gets stronger; Flandre is idly clenching and opening her fists as if in anticipation, staring right back at Mokou without blinking. You swear her eyes seem to glow in the low light of the forest, a little.
"...Try me."

Crap, this is going end badly, isn't it?



[] Trust your survival instinct: panic, run away!
[] Tell Flandre to calm down and apologize to Mokou for striking her.
[] Tell Mokou to stop bullying the poor girl for her sister's actions.
[] Say something to get them both to stand down and make up. (Write-in only)
>> No. 97184
[x] Tell Flandre to calm down and apologize to Mokou for striking her.
Yeah, breaking Mokou's wrist was a little OTT there. If the victim had been almost anyone else Flandre'd be in trouble, and it's best she learns from us that she can't go around doing that to people given her strength.

Not sure this is going to appease Mokou much though. The write-in option'd probably be better if I could think of one.
>> No. 97185
>>97183
I was thinking about something in the lines of 'Concentrate on Mokou's face until her brains decorate the sorrouding area' but your idea is good too.
When Flandre stops being aggresive, Mokou will most likely follow. That's how she is.
'sides, reminding Flan that she isn't her sister is always a good thing IMO.
>> No. 97187
>>97185

Also I figure once Flan calms down that she'd apologize soon after.

Though poor Keine... I might have to root for her next run. (That and some rather healthy teacher will do nicely to contrast against vampire loli)
>> No. 97188
[x] Tell Flandre to calm down as you apologize to Moko
-[x] Then explain to Flan how she didn't mean any real harm, just someone that plays rough, but thank her for the thought.
[x] Tell Mokou to stop bullying the poor girl for her sister's actions. She had nothing to do with what happened between you two.
>> No. 97189
>"Promising boy. Really nice and friendly. Getting along so well with the others. It's as if the silly woman has a crush on you or something."

God damn it. God damn it! Do you see? Do you? Do you see what we could have had?

We could have had the hot social taboo; we could have been making love to our gorgeous, kindly teacher. Instead we're stuck with the creepy social taboo; we're going after a little girl who we're practically raising. Instead of hooking up with the beautiful, mature older woman, we're hooking up with our daughter/little sister figure.

Sometimes I hate you people. I hope we don't even touch the SDM next run.

[X] Tell Flandre to calm down and apologize to Mokou for striking her.

She was in the wrong. You don't break someone's wrist over some harmless pinching.
>> No. 97190
[x] Tell Flandre to calm down as you apologize to Moko
-[x] Then explain to Flan how she didn't mean any real harm, just someone that plays rough, but thank her for the thought.
[x] Tell Mokou to stop bullying the poor girl for her sister's actions. She had nothing to do with what happened between you two.
>> No. 97191
[X] Tell Flandre to calm down as you apologize to Moko
-[X] Then explain to Flan how she didn't mean any real harm, just someone that plays rough, but thank her for the thought.
[X] Tell Mokou to stop bullying the poor girl for her sister's actions. She had nothing to do with what happened between you two.
>> No. 97193
[x] Tell Flandre to calm down and apologize to Mokou for striking her.
She's the one at fault, so she should have to apologize. Builds character.
>> No. 97196
[] Tell Mokou to stop bullying the poor girl for her sister's actions.
>> No. 97197
[x] Tell Flandre to calm down as you apologize to Mokou
-[x] Once she's calm, explain to Flan how she didn't mean any real harm, just someone that plays rough, but thank her for the thought, but she did overreact and to apologize.
[x] Tell Mokou to stop bullying the poor girl for her sister's actions. She had nothing to do with what happened between you two.
-[x] Also tell her that she's overprotective of you and that's why she reacted.

Fixed it up some.
>> No. 97198
[x] Tell Flandre to calm down as you apologize to Mokou
-[x] Once she's calm, explain to Flan how she didn't mean any real harm, just someone that plays rough, but thank her for the thought, but she did overreact and to apologize.
[x] Tell Mokou to stop bullying the poor girl for her sister's actions. She had nothing to do with what happened between you two.
-[x] Also tell her that she's overprotective of you and that's why she reacted.
>> No. 97199
[x] Tell Flandre to calm down as you apologize to Mokou
-[x] Once she's calm, explain to Flan how she didn't mean any real harm, just someone that plays rough, but thank her for the thought, but she did overreact and to apologize.
[x] Tell Mokou to stop bullying the poor girl for her sister's actions. She had nothing to do with what happened between you two.
-[x] Also tell her that she's overprotective of you and that's why she reacted.

Well, shit.
>> No. 97204
File 125495439644.jpg - (442.34KB , 900x735 , 18d9c3560a6ecff1d49bcf405a477fca.jpg ) [iqdb]
97204
>>97189
This could've been us.
>> No. 97205
[x] Tell Flandre to calm down as you apologize to Mokou
-[x] Once she's calm, explain to Flan how she didn't mean any real harm, just someone that plays rough, but thank her for the thought, but she did overreact and to apologize.
[x] Tell Mokou to stop bullying the poor girl for her sister's actions. She had nothing to do with what happened between you two.
-[x] Also tell her that she's overprotective of you and that's why she reacted.

I'm glad we went this way, not entirely anticipated and yet oh so delicious. Plus I see it as a one time thing only. I'm gunning for Youmu next round if only because of that one part where she's all alone in that room just practicing away; damn depressing.
>> No. 97206
[x] Tell Flandre to calm down as you apologize to Mokou
-[x] Once she's calm, explain to Flan how she didn't mean any real harm, just someone that plays rough, but thank her for the thought, but she did overreact and to apologize.
[x] Tell Mokou to stop bullying the poor girl for her sister's actions. She had nothing to do with what happened between you two.
-[x] Also tell her that she's overprotective of you and that's why she reacted.
>> No. 97207
File 12549552883.jpg - (340.69KB , 807x600 , 9f7ae7ea8a129.jpg ) [iqdb]
97207
>>97204
>> No. 97208
File 125495576176.jpg - (35.21KB , 300x448 , yyoumu.jpg ) [iqdb]
97208
>>97205
(...)First room, sounds like... Silence. Could it be? You almost tear the door out of the wall, only to notice a white-haired girl - hey, she looks kinda familiar - dressed in a kendogi consisting of a kimono and a hakama, swinging a shinai through the air elegantly, fast and hard enough to actually leave behind barely noticeable contrails.
Relaxing her posture, the pale girl turns her dark, dark blue eyes to you, before offering a humble, overly formal bow.
"...Greetings. Have you come to join the kendo team? We are currently recruiting..."
"E-er, no, heheh... Sorry to intrude, I just got lost..."
Disappointment plain on her face, she wordlessly resumes her previous activity of cutting visible slashes into the air with a bamboo sword...
>> No. 97209
File 125495607046.jpg - (251.36KB , 550x408 , keine154.jpg ) [iqdb]
97209
>>97204

And we could have woken up to this.

Every. Single. Day.
>> No. 97211
Well I don't think Keine's path would be so easy.

But Youmu is a good contender in my books, since I doubt she'd get a run in HLA.

Though Youmu's route would be about getting her to lighten up and enjoy being young. Though a hazard would be her flirtatous master. (Well good thing HLA R1 has a Yuyuko ending since we can tell those fans to go read that)

Keine's route would be more akin to a secret romance, perhaps distancing yourself from your classmates, but in turn becoming better friends with Mokou.

And this is barring any surprises that might pop up in the second run. (I suspect Flan in this is the surprise in this run.)
>> No. 97212
Y'know, after reading the shower bad end in Taisa's General Discussion thread, I'm not sure that going for Flandre's route is a good idea after all.

She really seemed like a little girl at that scene... how are a few days with us going to change that? Do you think that Sakuya won't kill us this time if we tried to make a serious move on her?
'Yes, I killed you back then, but after going out for a week I think that she's mature enough to make her own decisions'
Yeah right.
>> No. 97214
>>97212

Then again it was just due to the appearance of Jin sexually assaulting her. And Jin did take advantage as opposed to informing her of the facts, which he did in the story.

One might want to take it slow and easy with Flandre. It wouldn't be an Aya route where she has her hands down your pants on the second date.
>> No. 97215
[x] Tell Flandre to calm down as you apologize to Mokou
-[x] Then explain to Flan how she didn't mean any real harm, just someone that plays rough, but thank her for the thought.
[x] Tell Mokou to stop bullying the poor girl for her sister's actions. She had nothing to do with what happened between you two.
>> No. 97216
>>97179
He doesn't have a point, but that isn't really relevant. It's more that I hate him personally because everything he writes comes off as massively retarded.
>> No. 97217
I commented this in the /border/ HLA2 thread but I'll repeat it here: some of you guys are seriously too wound up.
>> No. 97218
So since we said she was our girlfriend Flandre is now incredibly possessive of us.

Oh well it's leading to an awesome Mokou encounter, no complaints here.
>> No. 97219
>>97217

True, some folks rage too hard at things, and this isn't even HLA style fanwars, just a token person raging against the flow.

>>97218

Actually ever since we've met her, she's been overprotective of Jin (remember how close Flan was from wiping Rumia off the face of Gensokyo, that is in addition to a massive area)

And there was the time she burst through the bushes out of worry. When it comes to those important to her, restraint is not in her vocabulary.
>> No. 97221
File 125496545821.jpg - (160.59KB , 1000x1100 , 1e8067b50b79a270b01c33ffe9917f4c.jpg ) [iqdb]
97221
>> No. 97226
File 125496859081.jpg - (475.26KB , 800x1000 , 57baf8fad2f6b2cb4b04248205ee8a16.jpg ) [iqdb]
97226
>>97218

Stupid sexy Sensei~chan.
>> No. 97228
File 125496953668.jpg - (431.50KB , 800x824 , alwaysinthesidelinesmaybenotsobad.jpg ) [iqdb]
97228
Possible encounter during plausible Youmu route; the world may never know
>> No. 97230
File 12549700564.png - (22.40KB , 500x600 , iku002.png ) [iqdb]
97230
>>97228

She already has two stories, though.

Next run I would aim for getting involved with Tenshi. So that we could meet her super-hot attendant Iku. Tenshi even has a sword, so it means we can hang out with Youmu, too.

But a decision between Iku and Keine? Now that would be tough.
>> No. 97231
>>97230

I think the hard part with is Tenshi is her kinda stuck up attitude.

Though it seems many third years are on the harder to get side.

we might come across a Komachi route (But in this case I might still go for Keine or Youmu, since that DEATH story is a potiental Komachi route)

GH R2 will be quite interesting.
>> No. 97232
>>97231
Let's make this Flan route as enjoyable as possible so that a second run will happen. Would many stay if we end up getting a SNOW/LAKE/HERMIT end due to infighting/poor choosing skills..?
>> No. 97235
[x] Tell Flandre to calm down as you apologize to Mokou
-[x] Then explain to Flan how she didn't mean any real harm, just someone that plays rough, but thank her for the thought.
[x] Tell Mokou to stop bullying the poor girl for her sister's actions. She had nothing to do with what happened between you two.

Probably best to leave out that small tid-bit of Flan being overly protective, as that's pretty much saying, "Hey we don't want to fight you but your open to badger my girl by poking that button!"

YOU KNOW Mokou will take delight in pushing that button unless she's real lazy or in a hurry to be out of your company.
>> No. 97236
>>97232

That's my intent and I think everyone's falling into line in regards to this, except sir ragealot.

And stories do flow so nicely when Anon agrees on a general goal.
>> No. 97238
>>97235

Then Mokou would get the wrong idea and conclude that Flan is just like her sister in picking fights. This is something we want to avoid.

And I doubt that Mokou would care to waste energy after we talk things over.
>> No. 97240
>>97238

Can we agree that it seems like a 50%/50% one of us could be right in regards to how we respond to Mokou can be good or bad in the long run..? wow is that ever a wordy statement ugh
>> No. 97241
>>97240

I admit the form of the write in isn't perfect, but the point is quite good, and I'm sure Taisa will rework it into a better shape.

I do agree on your matter of one of us being right.
>> No. 97243
[x] Tell Mokou to stop bullying the poor girl for her sister's actions.
>> No. 97245
File 125497886559.jpg - (295.61KB , 429x600 , f4081cf46234f8ddf6926b4dcbcac5d2.jpg ) [iqdb]
97245
>>97230

Fuck bro, I'm with you on that.
Both are loev.
>> No. 97246
[x] Tell Mokou to stop bullying the poor girl for her sister's actions.
>> No. 97248
File 125498127083.jpg - (59.70KB , 640x480 , Walter Sobchak.jpg ) [iqdb]
97248
>"I still hurt in places from when I first met your sister. Ah, I wonder.. Are you as much of a tough cookie as she was? Hmm? Weaker, stronger? Should I find out?"

>The smell gets stronger; Flandre is idly clenching and opening her fists as if in anticipation, staring right back at Mokou without blinking. You swear her eyes seem to glow in the low light of the forest, a little.
>"...Try me."


[x] Tell Flandre to calm down and apologize to Mokou for striking her.
[x] Tell Mokou to stop bullying the poor girl for her sister's actions.
[x] If you can't get through to either of them with words, focus on some bamboo stalks and vent your frustration psychically.
-[x] Once you have their attention, remind them that there is already a specific system in place to resolve this kind of altercation.

"This isn't 'Nam, Smokou. There are rules."
>> No. 97252
[x] Tell Flandre to calm down and apologize to Mokou for striking her.
[x] Tell Mokou to stop bullying the poor girl for her sister's actions.
[x] If you can't get through to either of them with words, focus on some bamboo stalks and vent your frustration psychically.
-[x] Once you have their attention, remind them that there is already a specific system in place to resolve this kind of altercation.

Don't want the ladies to overreact any more than they already have.
>> No. 97256
[x] Trust your survival instinct: panic, run away!

someone call the fire department!
>> No. 97257
File 125500299898.jpg - (783.88KB , 1249x984 , 902c4cc7869b91fad5a1782db3ac826e.jpg ) [iqdb]
97257
Sometimes i really forget that Flandre is a Weapon of Mass Destruction with the safety Switch turned off. Even Remilia is scared of. And Jin is walking around casually with her seems kind of hmmmmm. There is much work to be done, too bad there is no read story to Flandre here.
>> No. 97258
>>97257

Got to give it to Flandre though in only going so far as to break Mokou's wrist at first. She could have gone full on Apocalypse but instead just settled on a "warning shot" for now; and I use that term lightly here.

At the way things are going it may be close to nightfall before they get back to SDM with the medicine. Next thing you know Flandre will make the effort to invite him for the night.I'm not sure which is harder for her, holding back on her rage or trying to find a balanced, sociable approach with others except Jin; she's pretty much all over him.lucky sonofabitch ;_;
>> No. 97272
>>97248

Not bad though I still prefer the other write in, since it doesnt' come off as TOO strict with Flan, since just telling her to apologize might hurt her feelings.
>> No. 97275
>>97272
Look, Jin is (acting as) her mentor, he has to teach her what's right and wrong and how do normal people act.
Telling her to apologize after breaking a few bones is the least he can do. She had good intentions, right, but she made a mistake. And what do you do when you screw up IRL? Exactly.
>> No. 97277
>Would many stay if we end up getting a SNOW/LAKE/HERMIT end?

Hmm, I wonder.. Would you?
>> No. 97279
>>97275

I'm not saying don't have her apologize at all, but to tell her while you appreciate the thought, she did overreact and to apologize. That sounds better than "You did wrong, Apologize!", like her sister would.
>> No. 97280
>>97275
Repeat it and some how get on an episode of COPS?

I kid, though seriously even if we do manage to get Flan to apologize for the wrist breaking. For some reason I doubt Flan would be sincere about it. I actually hope she won't be but the reasoning behind that is beyond the scope of the cyoa. Let's just say this anon can relate to Flan in a similar situation. I was not apologetic and everything turned out fine that time.
>> No. 97281
>>97277

You could always go for the lesser DoaLF first run's ending. If that's the kind of ending you had in mind for Flandre route if only because it's destined to be and not because of anon's fuck ups then that's pretty damn cruel on all sides.
>> No. 97282
>>97277
I'll reiterate, I'd stay only if the ending was deserving out of anon's direct mistakes.If it's "no matter what ____ route will always end that way then I'd probably wouldn't.

It's like watching a movie where once you've seen it, you're not able to see it again not because it was bad, but the ending left such a rancid aftertaste you can't watch it ever again.
>> No. 97283
>>97277

Kira fame is bad fame, Anon would never let you live it down.

>>97281
That'd be a doucebaggery that's BEYOND kira, perhaps into YAF levels.

>>97282

Yeah I'd tolerate that if it was caused by Anon's screw ups (Not the case so far), but if it was the only end to a Flan route, well I wouldn't.
>> No. 97287
File 125502414137.jpg - (304.76KB , 1654x1134 , 0c29a9fccd65123f87e4262255d53efd.jpg ) [iqdb]
97287
>>97277
We all know that it was you who said he wanted to Snow/even worse End his story in the confession thread.
>>97282
Indeed, give us that end if we are INCOMPETENT not because you hate us.
>> No. 97288
File 125502421568.png - (90.42KB , 450x417 , 122063736530.png ) [iqdb]
97288
>>97277
Not that anon, but if by 'stay' you mean 'Find the author's house and burn it to the ground' I'd definitely stay.
>> No. 97289
File 12550243516.jpg - (21.19KB , 411x334 , 125299709666.jpg ) [iqdb]
97289
>>97283
inb4 people go wild with conspiracy theories of Taisa plans on trainwrecking the Flan-fans intentionally but indirectly
>> No. 97290
>>97289
fuck shit I'm too late
>> No. 97291
>>97289

I doubt it; he just toys with the notion, but chances are we'd see something in his despair thread.
>> No. 97294
>>97291
That's entirely different than with toying the actual run. It's amazing how enduring the traumatization on anon done by Kira is. It makes all of HY's starting up only to quit in the middle an endurable suffering than the Kira option.
>> No. 97296
File 125502615089.jpg - (137.53KB , 512x512 , 1254636690684.jpg ) [iqdb]
97296
>>97294
This was my reaction when MiG finished. And i learned to never trust a Writefag again, they don't want our happiness, they only want our despair and tears to feed off.

The recent posts in the confession thread proved me right.
>> No. 97298
>>97296

Not all writefags are like that, I'm certainly not, though if whatever voters aren't idiots then a happy end shouldn't be that hard (the hints aren't that difficulty to pick up for the most part)

And I think it's more related to the western impulse to turn anything happy miserable.
>> No. 97299
>>97298

I read this as

>Maybe one or two writefags really want an enjoyable time to write while the rest just want to see anon as the masochists as they are in order to unleash their sadism, frustration and hatred for the world; and what better way than through what anon loves?
>> No. 97302
There's some despair wannabes in the confession thread (I suspect Taisa is one of them), as well as someone who takes credit for starting the main mess in ASSM.

And I admit the notion was in my head a few times but dismissed that as influence of existing endings.

You shouldn't let outside factors influence you so much, that's a good way when mixed with other factors, end up with a depressing than hell ending.

And let me say why HY is so famous in a good way: Not only wasn't SDM LA a well written story, but it also had a happy ending.
>> No. 97304
File 125502908764.jpg - (84.25KB , 731x757 , 125426640517.jpg ) [iqdb]
97304
>>97299
>"You are a freak of nature that enjoys other people's suffering. On an unrelated note, you like Touhou"

"What do you do?"
[] Start shooting randomly inside the local mall while shouting 'Take it easy!'
[] Put on your Miko robes and Touhoe hat.
[] Download 2GB worth of Yukkuri images.
[] Become a writefag.
[] All of the above LOL NO YOU IDORT
>> No. 97305
>>97302
There was a rhyme and purpose to it all as well for that particular CYOA's ending. It felt like anon actually made an effort to make it work, not just on part of HY's writing; or if that's not the case it gave the illusion that anon succeeded for themselves satisfied them enough. HY was satisfied, anon was satisfied. It continues to shine greatly despite HY's failings. It's a shame HY never been able to do it again since but one can say that's HY's Legacy on THP

[i]There's enough despair in the world as it is, sadism/masochism shoved on all here does no one any good. No one would ever truly be satisfied, not even those wishing for a SAD end.
>> No. 97306
>>97304
>[] Start shooting randomly inside the local mall while shouting 'Take it easy!'

I fucking loled so hard I scared a coworker passing by enough to have him drop his coffee all over his shirt

Thank you, thank you very much for the laugh considering the mess Taisa intentionallyunintentionally unleashed on his cyoa.
>> No. 97307
>>97305

Yet he never forced anything ultra-despairing on anon for any flimsy reason, sure he revealed some possible despairing alternate endings, but Anon avoided those, especially the sisters fighting one (via the legendary "Read Flan a story" write in)

I suspect Kira was so fed up with Anon not voting like he wanted to so he punished them... and his reputation was destroyed because of it. Sure he did other runs and other stories, but he could never escape the snow end.

I suspect most of these despair nuts are overloaded with existing despair ending's influences. After reading about the various endings I had such notions but recovered.

But on the last point I do agree with you completely, I don't try to make more despair than there is, not even in a lame attempt to be 'cool'.
>> No. 97310
File 125503070769.gif - (49.90KB , 631x4693 , 1250559930234.gif ) [iqdb]
97310
>>97302
>And let me say why HY is so famous
Fame is something that lasts not forever, many new people just don't know his story that gave him his reputation. You had to be there, read it day by day, see all the voters and Theories and whatever, you just can't read it like that and get the same feeling.
Plus, it was the best story back then, but times have changed and better things were written. Nowadays he is "the guy that starts stories, drops them, starts something a new, drops and so on" I can barely remember SDM LA, just the fucking hot summer nights that i had to endure. Writing one story only gets him so far, if he wants his fame back he gotta start writing again jesus christ. Everyone loves what he writes, he can even start something new, just write something and not dropping. If you don't know what to do anymore, go back to the roots.....

This turned into another anti HY post, i thought the anger was behind me but i was wrong. Bah.
>> No. 97311
>>97310

Better things like what? since there's some good stuff that's active but that always has a risk of hiatus.

Not much in the way of completed stuff that compares, especially in /sdm/

And SDM LA was the first story I read and it awakened my love of CYOA's. Many writefags, especially the /sdm/ ones were inspired by it.

And haven't you thought that he had a life outside of writing and it got in his way?

And fame or infamy lasts a long time here, there's still people who speak of snow end or Teruyo's fuck ups. Sure even I harped a bit on HY's habit, but I found out his reasons and decided to wait patiently.
>> No. 97312
File 125503340076.png - (564.44KB , 999x909 , 4d05965e668cbaa91665a24b0791ca47.png ) [iqdb]
97312
Something in the back of your mind is telling you things would get rather bad unless you defuse the situation somehow, immediately. Shrugging off the strong 'run away' messages your common sense is trying to get you to notice, you disregard your own safety and gently place your hand on Flandre's shoulder, trying your hardest to ignore the strange heat radiating from her wing-crystal things.

"Flan, it's okay. Everything's fine, I'm fine, there's nothing to get upset over, so... Just calm down, alright?" Although it takes a few moments, the tension still high in the air, she seems to relax slightly, standing in a more casual stance once again and folding her hands behind her back.
"Sorry about that..." Mokou idly resumes rubbing her seemingly-broken wrist, before snapping it back into place with a noise that just makes your blood run cold for a moment; however, you see little more than a flinch from her, and she simply gazes back at you with a bored expression yet again.

"Yeah, whatever."

You kneel down in front of Flandre, changing the height difference so now you're looking up at her instead, trying to put on a friendly smile.
"Mokou didn't mean any harm, she just seems to be the type to play rough when interacting with others. Right?" You look over to Mokou, who merely responds with a disinterested shrug, tapping her foot as she waits for you to finish.
"I do appreciate the thought, though. Thank you. But you seriously overreacted there; you can't just instantly lash out at anything you don't like, alright? After all, you told me not to treat you like a kid, so... Try not to act like one." You wonder if you're being a little too harsh with that last line, but after a moment of staring at her shoes, Flandre looks you in the eye and nods seriously, implying that your words have sunk in.

"I know. I wasn't thinking rationally, that's all... I shouldn't let my emotions take control like that. I'm sorry." Although you can't sense just how sincere that apology was just now - especially with her still scowling in Mokou's direction while speaking - you respond with another smile, which she returns this time as you ruffle her hair a little, before you stand back up and turn to Mokou, who appears to be lighting another cigarette. Looks like the risk of forest fires doesn't concern her in the slightest.

"And you really shouldn't bully the poor girl for whatever bad blood there is between you and Remilia; she's not her sister, after all." As you say this, you feel Flandre's hand gripping yours again, as if you had said something important just now.
"Nor did she have anything to do with what happened between the two of you. She's her own person. Just... let it go, alright?"

"Hmph. Sure, why not... Despite what you may think, I'm not a -complete- asshole." She's oddly forgiving, considering Flandre seems to have snapped her wrist, but based on her reaction to this being less anguished than you'd expect from a normal human, you figure it's not that significant of an injury for... for... what is she, anyway?

"Flandre is just... Overprotective of me, that's all. She's normally not one to pick fights. Can we all just get along, please?"

"Yeah, yeah, enough with that already... You're starting to get annoying. Let's just keep going, and we might even make it before sundown." And with that, she turns around on one foot, heading off with confidence into a direction which strikes you as utterly random - everything in your surroundings looks exactly the same, after all. Flandre is still gripping your hand a little tighter than before, yet seems to be avoiding your gaze.

...

"Say, uh... Your wrist..." You've been walking for a while now in near-silence, and it's getting somehow awkward; you hope that little incident back there, along with you lecturing both girls on their unnecessary hostility towards one another, didn't end up alienating you from Mokou so soon after just having met her. After all, if at all possible, you'd like to help Keine convince Mokou to come to school, because... Because why? It's not really any of your business, and yet... Wait, yes it is. You're the class representative. That's all the motivation you'd need, really. However, that sort of thing can wait.
"...Are you alright?"

"Hm? Ah, yeah, don't worry about it. I'd already forgotten about it." And she says this with her left hand dangling limply and uselessly to her side as she walks...
"We're getting close enough now. You can see it from here, can't you?" She points up ahead with her good hand, and you notice what appears to be a very large, majestic building, in traditional Japanese style, like some sort of oriental mansion or castle, strangely fitting the bamboo thicket surrounding it as if it had been here for an eternity.
"Eientei. This is as far as I go."

"Eh? Shouldn't you get that wrist of yours checked out? You-..."

"Hey, relax, I said it'll be fine. I know my own body best, you know - this isn't a big deal at all." She turns and smirks at Flandre for a moment, prompting the vampire girl to take a cautious step back.
"So yeah... Don't worry about it, little missy. It'd take a lot more than a light slap like that to hurt me." You look down at Flandre, who hesitates for a brief moment before responding with a slightly restrained smile of her own. Well, at least you managed to stop these two from getting into a fight - somehow, you feel you would've ended up as collateral damage in the crossfire. Ah, but about Mokou's injury...

"You're bleeding, though..."

"Oh? Shit, I didn't notice..." She glances to her side, noticing the semi-steady trickle of blood dripping down her stained-red sleeve, which seems to have left a thin dark trail along the grass and foliage beneath you. She frowns at this, before glancing left and right, examining your surroundings.
"This could be bad. The yo-..." She stops, peering at you from the corner of one eye before continuing the sentence.
"...the beasts of the forest could probably smell us a mile away like this. Shit, shit, shit, I should've noticed, what the hell was I thinking..."

As if on cue, you hear a blood-curdling howl from somewhere behind you; as you turn around, all you see around yourself is darkness. Has the sun set already? No... The bamboo stalks are the densest around Eientei, blocking all sunlight that does not come from directly overhead, like some sort of natural canopy. You can feel Flandre gripping your hand even tighter; is she afraid of the dark? No, that's a stupid question... She's a vampire, after all -she was probably nocturnal before she started school, plus she's been living in a basement room with no windows for what must've been a long time. No, as you read the expression on her face, you can understand why she seems so tense - she can see whatever it is that's stalking you. The sound of grass and small bushes being trodded upon, of hungry growls and barks... These sounds are coming from all around you. You're completely surrounded, except for the path headed to Eientei - still a few hundred meters away. As the human body has devolved into a slow, weak and useless shell over the course of history in favor of a more advanced brain, you figure these creatures would be all over you before you even get close. Crap, what a way to go-...

"Hey! You." Mokou's voice calls out you from the side, and you see her standing in a defiant pose, slowly gazing into the darkness of the bamboo forest, left to right, pulling her hand out of her pocket to produce a handful of those charms, like the ones on her pants and in her hair. She blows some smoke out of her nose as if to distract herself, before continuing.
"Grab your girlfriend and run. Get to Eientei - you'll be safe there. I'll keep them busy and cover your escape." That heat you felt earlier when Flandre and Mokou were about to get violent with one another is back, yet you realize it had been coming from Mokou all along; in mere moments, the air becomes hot enough to start rippling in waves, distorting your vision, like it does near the surface of the pavement on a hot summer's day.
"Why are you still here? Go, damn you! Or do I have to kick you up the ass to get you started?" Startled by her sudden raised voice and angry expression, you nod obediently and start running for the mansion, holding Flandre's hand tightly - she has no problems at all keeping up with you, of course; what's more likely is that you're the one holding her back. And yet, you can't help but stop for a brief moment and look back. Red, yellow, green... All colors of glowing pairs of eyes are visible in the shadows, most surrounding Mokou and gradually drawing closer, waiting to pounce her, some eyeing you with a hungry curiosity. You'd better get moving again, right now, unless you plan on getting eaten!



[] Do as you were told, - run to Eientei.
[] Tell Flandre to get to Eientei without you; go back to help Mokou. (Flandre can fly and is much faster than you, right? She should make it safely.)
-{} Improvise weapon - bamboo stick.
-{} Mind bullets.
-{} CRUSH.
>> No. 97313
[X] Do as you were told, - run to Eientei.
-{X} Crush one of those bastards with your mind first, though. As a parting gift for the pack and giving Mokou an easier time.

Mokou would just revive if she dies anyway, and we can just get Flan to fly us back to base if we lose the guide.
>> No. 97314
[X] Tell Flandre to get to Eientei without you; go back to help Mokou. (Flandre can fly and is much faster than you, right? She should make it safely.)
-{X} CRUSH.

Practice makes perfect.
>> No. 97315
[] Tell Flandre to get to Eientei without you; go back to help Mokou. (Flandre can fly and is much faster than you, right? She should make it safely.)
-{} CRUSH.

I'm sorry Taisa, I know that this will probably end up as a BAD END which means more writing to you but... we probably won't get another chance in the near future to try this on living beings... 'sides, I'm curious about the outcome.
>> No. 97316
[x] Tell Flandre to get to Eientei without you; go back to help Mokou. (Flandre can fly and is much faster than you, right? She should make it safely.)
-{x} Improvise weapon - bamboo stick.
-{x} Mind bullets.
-{x} CRUSH.

Destroy! Our (probably) only chance to get Mokou interested in coming back to school.
>> No. 97317
[x] Do as you were told, - run to Eientei.
-[x] Ask inside Eientei if Mokou would need help with what's going on out there.

Mokou can handle herself, and I doubt Jin'd last long in that blazing heat.

I say let Mokou handle it

But check with the folks to see about things, since they also know Mokou well.
>> No. 97318
[x] Do as you were told, - run to Eientei.
-[x] Ask inside Eientei if Mokou would need help with what's going on out there.
>> No. 97320
>>97315
What about a contest of survival by Rumia where she blinds him, leaves rather bloody wounds and tosses him into the forest again with the youkai going wildShe wouldn't do that... would she?
>> No. 97321
>>97319

Those were some of the reasons I did my choice and the partial write in.

Jin wouldn't be of much help and would ultimately hold her back before getting killed.

But I had the check in with the Eientei folks because Jin would want to help her still.
>> No. 97322
>>97319
1-Understanding or not, she was frightened. She doesn't seem ready to do this.
2-Less for her to worry about? She may DIE. What kind of man would Jin be if she let her get hurt for his sake? An OOC man.
3- ?
4- See 1
>> No. 97324
[x] Do as you were told, - run to Eientei.
-[x] Ask inside Eientei if Mokou would need help with what's going on out there.
>> No. 97325
[X] Do as you were told, - run to Eientei.
-{X} Crush one of those bastards with your mind first, though. As a parting gift for the pack and giving Mokou an easier time.

Explode one like the dream Jin once had.
>> No. 97326
>>97325
Suddenly Jin has visions.
>> No. 97327
[x] Do as you were told, - run to Eientei.
-[x] Ask inside Eientei if Mokou would need help with what's going on out there.
>> No. 97328
[X] Tell Flandre to get to Eientei without you; go back to help Mokou. (Flandre can fly and is much faster than you, right? She should make it safely.)
-{X} CRUSH.
>> No. 97331
[x] Do as you were told, - run to Eientei.
-[x] Ask inside Eientei if Mokou would need help with what's going on out there.
>> No. 97333
ITT: Votespam?
>> No. 97334
[X] Tell Flandre to get to Eientei without you; go back to help Mokou. (Flandre can fly and is much faster than you, right? She should make it safely.)
-{X} CRUSH.
>> No. 97335
[+] Do as you were told, - run to Eientei.
-[+] Ask inside Eientei if Mokou would need help with what's going on out there
>> No. 97336
>>97322

This is Mokou we're talking about? Death is only a inconvenience.
>> No. 97337
>>97333
No. Cut that out. Active admins and moderators prove you otherwise.
>> No. 97339
>>97336
Of course. Jin doesn't know that though.
He only has 'suspicions' and who would risk letting a person die because he 'thinks' that she'll be okay.
>> No. 97340
>>97339

Well there's always the "Get the Eientei folks to try to help" Since let's face it, Jin wouldn't do Mokou much of a favor and just get in her way, but perhaps Reisen and the others would be more of a help.
>> No. 97341
[X] Do as you were told, - run to Eientei.
-{X} Crush one of those bastards with your mind first, though. As a parting gift for the pack and giving Mokou an easier time.
>> No. 97343
>>97339
Jin knows of the possibility that she is not an ordinary human, and has plenty of evidence to support Mokou being some form of youkai herself.
Her wrist was broken without any reaction from her. She barely noticed, and didn't notice that she was bleeding.
She's emanating heat.
And the whole flame trick with the thumb thing.

She even started to say 'Youkai'. Jin should know that if there is a fight, it will be a fight between monsters, and he should not get involved. It's hardly OOC.

[x] Do as you were told, - run to Eientei.
>> No. 97346
[x] "I'll go if you promise to come to school from now on."
[x] Once she agrees, haul ass to Eientei.

When are we going to get another opportunity to talk to her, after all?

>>97312
I was really hoping Jin would start off by holding his hands up between them and saying "Ladies, ladies! Please, settle down!"

...And maybe adding "There's enough of me to satisfy the both of you." But then he'd get smacked, probably.
>> No. 97358
>>97346

She won't agree she'd knock Jin out and tell Flan, "Get your boyfriend outta here"
>> No. 97365
[x] Do as you were told, - run to Eientei.

I don't feel too keen on exploding one and then possibly collapse from doing it.
>> No. 97366
I voted against the "crush with your mind" option because that would mean we'd need to get close enough to see what Mokou is fighting, hence get close enough to risk getting in Mokou's way (or burn radius), hence a whole slew of complications.

Besides that, there's not much reason for Flandre to be running away from them and even Jin realizes that.
>> No. 97370
Since Mokou knows enough to hide the unusual goings-on in Gensokyo from us, shouldn't we keep up our whole I-didn't-see-that-girl-with-bunny-ears-fly-away facade? Especially since she'd probably end up telling Keine.
>> No. 97373
[X] Do as you were told, - run to Eientei.

Mokou is taking these things seriously, so following her instructions seems best.
>> No. 97375
[X] Tell Flandre to get to Eientei without you; go back to help Mokou. (Flandre can fly and is much faster than you, right? She should make it safely.)
-{X} CRUSH.

CRUSH. KILL. DESTROY. DANGER WILL ROBINSON FLANDRE SCARLET!
>> No. 97376
[x] Tell Flandre to get to Eientei without you; go back to help Mokou. (Flandre can fly and is much faster than you, right? She should make it safely.)
-{x} CRUSH.

how can I not pick the CRUSH THE YOUKAI WITH YOUR MIND option?
>> No. 97377
>>97370

She didn't make too much of an effort to hide lighting a cigarette with her finger or fixing her broken wrist as if it was nothing.

And that scene fighting? She told him to run not because she wanted to hide her powers, but so he can be safe and not in her way.
>> No. 97379
File 125505539785.jpg - (56.38KB , 297x400 , YOU'RE GERMANY THAT MEANS YOU HAVE BIG GERMA.jpg ) [iqdb]
97379
>>97376
[x] Tell Flandre to get to Eientei without you; go back to help Mokou. (Flandre can fly and is much faster than you, right? She should make it safely.)
-{x} CRUSH.
>> No. 97381
[x] Tell Flandre to get to Eientei without you; go back to help Mokou. (Flandre can fly and is much faster than you, right? She should make it safely.)
-{x} CRUSH.
>> No. 97385
You... No. You have to help her, no matter what the danger. Even if you get in her way, you can't just let her fight them all alone. Or can you? Would you even want to get in her way? You can still use your powers from here, right? Right. That's a great idea.

Focus. Focus. The familiar pressure builds in your mind, pressing against your skull, trying to be let out. Focus. You stare at the beasts surrounding Mokou. Vile, nasty creatures; glowing eyes, rancid breath billowing small clouds of fog in the cool night air. Disgusting.

You let out the force with a roar, crushing as many of the youkai as you can. Left and right, back and forth, mustering up as much power as possible, ripping into flesh and tearing away at various beings in the horde. Breaking bamboo stalks, blowing up dirt; destroying everything in your sight.

There! A tall, impressive looking woman in a flowing dress stands in front of the mass. Her hair, tinted a slight green. Two horns rest atop her head, one done in a small bow. What looks like a large, bushy tails stems out from behind her. She looks vaguely familiar, but you shake away those thoughts when you look into her eyes. Cold, uncaring. She stands there, so calm, while all the rest growl and snarl with hunger. She must be the leader of the pack.

The woman grins, and charges towards your group. You have no time to hesitate. No time to think. You let out everything you've got into one, giant mind-bullet, surging through you like a storm, bursting out and coursing along the path straight towards her.

*Crunch*

Her head explodes; blood, chunks of bone and gray matter showering around the area, staining her dress, letting a foul smell taint the air. The body drops to the ground with a loud thud, blood pooling around her lifeless figure, mixing with the dress into a colorful canvas of gore.

You did it. You took her out. You feel like a hero. You feel as if you can take on the world. No more being afraid of monsters or man-eating little girls. You can go to school tomorrow full of confidence, a smile on your face, a bounce in your step. You'll greet your fellow classmates and enjoy a lesson from your beautiful homeroom teacher. Ah, her warm and gentle smile...

The creatures have not stopped their noises of hunger, but you can see them begin to back away, the smaller ones retreating altogether. Mokou can handle it from here. You turn to see her mouth agape, eyes staring at the scene before her. You laugh inwardly to yourself; didn't think you were all that, huh? Sure showed her. Maybe she'll come to school from now on. If not for you, then at least for her. She cares about Mokou a lot it seems. Maybe it's also the other way around. You can imagine them making happy memories together. Yeah, it somehow feels right.



Mokou turns to look at you, the same expression plastered across her face. You smile and wink at her.

"Don't mention it. I'm sure you'd do the same for me, anytime."

>> No. 97386
>>97385

DEPRESSION.
>> No. 97387
[x] Do as you were told, - run to Eientei.
-[x] Ask inside Eientei if Mokou would need help with what's going on out there.

Right, as if Flandre would run to Eientei while Jin puts himself into danger. If she saw someone attacking him she would get thrown into a rage, turn berserk and burn down the whole forest along with everyone inside. And Jin would be forever scared of Flandre and mental scarred if he saw her like that, we just are not close enough to her to stop her if it is needed. Just because she is cute and sweet all of the time it doesn't mean that she is not fucking dangerous and that we have no means to stop her if she gets mad. Not yet.
>> No. 97388
File 125505771367.jpg - (277.60KB , 794x600 , whattheshitgoddamnit.jpg ) [iqdb]
97388
>>97385
This never felt more appropriate.
THIS IS WHY WE WANT TO AVOID MINDCRUSHING WITH ERRATIC TARGETING FOR NOW~!
>> No. 97393
File 125505831118.jpg - (100.37KB , 800x532 , 51948.jpg ) [iqdb]
97393
>>97385
YES! THE DARK ONE HAS FALLEN! WE ARE FINALLY SAFE!

THANK YOU JIN! THANK YOU!
>> No. 97394
>>97385

That's only in Jin's imagination.

Also I also realized the risk of letting Flan run into Eientei by herself, the risk of a freak out chain reaction that won't end well.
>> No. 97399
File 125505915118.gif - (148.71KB , 500x283 , 1255041868925.gif ) [iqdb]
97399
>>97385
>> No. 97400
>>97358
Punctuation, faggot. Learn it.
>> No. 97431
[x] Do as you were told, - run to Eientei.
>> No. 97432
[x] Tell Flandre to take to the air; you're both going to back Mokou up, but only while giving her plenty of space.
-[x] Conserve your mental focus by psychokinetically impaling the beasts with bamboo poles: You have plenty of ammunition.

Plenty of reasons for this. First being that there's no better way to resolve a burgeoning conflict (that is, between Mokou and Flandre) than by fighting at each others' side. Second, sending Flandre to safety when she's possibly the least vulnerable is mere lunacy, especially when she's liable to emotional action. Third, you want to give Mokou a reason to come to school; if your psychokinesis doesn't do the trick, than surely Flandre's abilities are certain to intrigue her. Finally, I'm not entirely certain of your ability to make it to Eientei even if you fled.
>> No. 97433
>>97432

I thought we were just a short distance away from Eientei.
>> No. 97434
[x] Do as you were told, - run to Eientei.
Don't want Flandre arriving there alone.
>> No. 97435
>>97433
>You're completely surrounded, except for the path headed to Eientei - still a few hundred meters away.
Pretty close, but it's still possible to die.





Do you guys seriously think Flandre would let some stage-fodder youkai kill us?
>> No. 97452
[x] Tell Flandre to get to Eientei without you; go back to help Mokou. (Flandre can fly and is much faster than you, right? She should make it safely.)
-{x} CRUSH.
>> No. 97454
Votes counted and called.
>> No. 97456
File 125510866157.jpg - (1.15MB , 1600x1200 , 436773887db0725825b300dae6483185.jpg ) [iqdb]
97456
>>97454
hooray!
>> No. 97503
>>[ ] Do as you were told, - run to Eientei.

>>[ ] I'll stay inside the room and keep watch.
>> No. 97504
>>97503
Oh hell.
>> No. 97505
File 125513408955.jpg - (155.71KB , 340x444 , CUP_OF_RAGE.jpg ) [iqdb]
97505
>>97503
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF~
>> No. 97507
>>97503
SHARK END reference? No idea what's being referred to, here.
>> No. 97508
File 125513454665.png - (120.33KB , 310x451 , 123840396724.png ) [iqdb]
97508
>>97503
wait wait wait. This didn't win... did it?


SHIT
>> No. 97509
>>97508

Good news it didn't, it's just some jackass making a reference.
>> No. 97510
>>97503
>>[ ] I'll stay inside the room and keep watch.
>> Stay where you are when something is coming to kill you

>>[] Tell Flandre to get to Eientei without you; go back to help Mokou.
>> Stay where you are when something is coming to kill you
>> No. 97515
>>97510
>>[] Tell Flandre to get to Eientei without you; go back to help Mokou.
>> Stay where you are when something is coming to kill you

Of course. Screw that, let's go with the obviously more reasonable course of actiOHGODAGREATWHITEAAAAAAAAAGH!!
>> No. 97517
>>97515
In case you hadn't noticed, but there's a fire-manipulating immortal girl trying to hold off the things that are coming to kill us, most likely by flash-frying them and anything else still stuck inside the blast-radius. That's going to be just a tad hard for her to do if we're still standing inside said blast-radius, don't you think?
>> No. 97524
>>97517
You realize that Flan probably won't listen to us when we tell her to run for Eientei, since she's perfectly capable of making all the approaching youkai go kyu! by herself?
>> No. 97525
>>97524
I know. That's sort of the problem, though.
It isn't a matter of whether or not Flandre could easily wipe the floor with everything that was coming after us. It's a matter of whether or not she can actually stop once she's done.

Remember? Long history of mental instability? A need to keep her away from things that might trigger a possible "episode" in her? Excessive sense of protectiveness towards her boyfriend?

She broke Mokou's wrist and was prepared to fight over virtually nothing, what do you suppose will happen to her if she has to start fighting off things that are actually trying to kill Jin?
>> No. 97528
File 125515148165.jpg - (243.49KB , 930x800 , 7b135096f9.jpg ) [iqdb]
97528
Well here's to hoping it's a BAD END which causes us to go back one vote should things go to shit rather than a permanent mistake.
>> No. 97529
>>97528
THIS. I don't want to through most of the story just to realize that I should have picked up that towel.
I wonder how many got that reference. Regardless, No Snow End please.
>> No. 97530
>>97528

IIRC, Taisa already stated that any bad choice would fuck us over immediately.
>> No. 97531
>>97529
Don't you actually need the towel to get the fish in the beginning, though?

A better example would be one of those tools. You know, the one you didn't pick up, which also happens to be the one that damned android asks for right at the end.

Oh, I swore so much.
>> No. 97532
>>97517

You're missing the lesson to be taken from SHARK END.
Even when one option is totally an completely more reasonable than another, it could still be a BAD END. Sometimes, because it is more reasonable.
>> No. 97534
>>97531
Not picking up the pile of junk mail on the doorstep is what fucks you over when you try to get the Babel Fish.
>> No. 97535
>>97532
I prefer the alternative interpretation: VN authors are insane bastards who get off on blindsiding players with ridiculously arbitrary deaths, essentially punishing them for picking what, at any other time, would be the "right" answer.

It's this same willingness to screw over the players that also allows for things like extended Bad Ends that cannot be avoided by merely going back to the last couple options.

I seem to recall a certain series of misadventures where similar things were pulled, and I'm pretty sure we had basically established that such shenanigans were bad things for writers to pull.
>> No. 97540
[+] Do as you were told, - run to Eientei.
Simple is best.
>> No. 97541
>>97540

You're a bit late there Plus.
>> No. 97548
>>97541
What do you mean? I don't see where I missed an update, or a vote-call.
>> No. 97549
>>97503
Ah fuck, it took me that long to get this. Jesus Christ.
>> No. 97553
>>97548

See >>97454


>>97535

Was it snowing?

But folks stop spazzing out I doubt things would go that badly, and whoever did the landshark reference was just being a jackass.
>> No. 97585
>>97535
>>I prefer the alternative interpretation: VN authors are insane bastards who get off on blindsiding players with ridiculously arbitrary deaths, essentially punishing them for picking what, at any other time, would be the "right" answer.

That's not an alternate interpretation; it's the same one, phrased differently!
Of course it's bullshit, but that doesn't matter because LOL NASU.

But Taisa would know better. Right?
>> No. 97595
File 12552041375.jpg - (49.26KB , 700x444 , shark_youkai.jpg ) [iqdb]
97595
No. As much as you'd want to stay behind and help Mokou, you quickly realize you'd be much more of a bother than of any assistance; if anything, you'd just get in her way. She's managed to survive in the bamboo for quite a while, if her words are to be believed, so she probably knows what she's doing... right? Forcing yourself to accept this reasoning, you once again run off towards the mansion in the distance, the fatigue from the long journey through the forest being brutally shoved aside by the most potent generator of adrenaline known to mankind - fear. And, of course, Flandre is running by your side, seeming more afraid for your wellbeing than her own, tightly gripping your hand as she sends brief glances at you while running, not seeming the least bit tired.

A wave of heat hits you in the back all of a sudden; looking over your shoulder, you can see a bright orange glow coming from behind you. Is that the sun setting? No... It must be Mokou. You can also spot several pairs of eyes following you - ones that Mokou must've missed, or that decided you looked like the easier prey to take down. Correct in your case, but Flandre? No, regardless of whether or not she could handle these youkai, you're not about to get her fired up - you just barely managed to keep her from attacking Mokou, after all. If Patchouli and the others are to be trusted, a pissed-off Flandre is something you don't -ever- want to be within a five mile radius of.

And then, you're suddenly weightless - you tripped. No sooner does this realization dawn upon you than you hit the ground with a rather unceremonious *thud*, which knocks the wind out of you. Your fingers slip from Flandre's grasp, who stops in her tracks, looking back at you with shock on her face, before turning her gaze upwards at the predators stalking you. And baring her teeth, that enraged glare you saw on her face back during your first incident with Rumia returning to her. Shit...

"Flan!" You manage to distract her attention, trying your best not to think of the savage beasts hungrily dashing in your direction right now.
"We need to get to Eientei..!" She understands. You managed to stop her before she exploded into a fit of rage. Instead, she lunges for you, grabbing you by the arm and hoisting you onto her back with nearly enough force to dislocate your arm - this happens with alarming frequency, leading you to worry about your poor, aching joints' future. Carrying you on her back like this, she makes for Eientei with unbelievable speed, your feet dragging along the ground and threatening to spontaneously combust from the friction. On the upside, the youkai are falling behind, the glowing eyes nearly fading from view by the time you finally reach the mansion. The sudden stop results in you temporarily collapsing onto the ground in a daze, but you leap back onto your feet before Flandre gets a chance to worry about your well-being, and begin to vigorously pound on what you guess is the front door.

"Help! Let us in! Let us in!" It takes only a few moments for someone to come and open the door for you, allowing you to leap inside just as you hear the growling and huffing noises get closer yet again, Flandre following closely behind as you collapse yet again, this time into a sitting position against a wall, panting and wheezing as exhaustion finally catches up with you. Once you work up the energy to lift your head, you notice a rather concerned looking Reisen leaning over you, Flandre kneeling beside her looking equally as worried, if not moreso. Through word-fragments between pants and several hand-signals, you let them know you're alright.

"Um... I don't suppose I could ask what you're doing here of all places, could I?" The rabbit girl finally can't help but inquire about your reasons for wandering the bamboo forest randomly and barging into her residence, which is perfectly understandable; and still, she avoids direct eye contact with you as usual. Odd, but unimportant right now.

"Forest... Mokou... in trouble..." Is all you manage to utter, after which you take half a minute to properly resume a calm intake of oxygen. By the time you're breathing normally yet again, Eirin arrives on the scene to see what all the commotion is about.

"Oh, you again? I'm not sure it's a good thing that a doctor is starting to remember your face, young man." Her voice is as non-serious as ever, which is moderately annoying in the current situation.

"I-... We came here to pick up some medicines for miss Knowledge, but we got attacked near here; Mokou stayed behind to fend them off and told us to come here for safety. You've got to help her!"

"Oh, that girl? You don't give her nearly enough credit, you know; I'm sure she's just fine." Eirin seems rather calm about the whole thing, which only serves to frustrate you further. Granted, the Eientei residents would probably know better, right? If they all live in the bamboo forest, then surely they'd know of each other, and just how capable they are at defending themselves from the youkai that live around them. Still, you can't help but worry - you only met the girl today, and it's indirectly your fault this happened. You're the one who decided to bring Flandre along in the first place; if you had just told her you'd see her back at the mansion later today, Mokou wouldn't have ended up with a broken, bleeding wrist, and-...
Crap. That's not going to impact her fighting ability too badly, is it? The way she just snapped it back into place like that did lead you to assume she'd have an accelerated healing factor or something along those lines, yet even as you were attacked you could see her hand hanging limp, no movement in her fingers. Gah, why must dramatic shit happen everywhere you go!?

"Hmmm? Who cares what happens to that silly hobo anyway..." And suddenly, an unfamiliar voice calls out from behind another door; turning your gaze in the direction of the voice, you spot a dark-haired beauty peeking in at the small gathering with only mild interest. Her black hair is nearly long enough to reach the floor, and she's wearing a pink long-sleeved shirt of sorts, along with a long purplish-red skirt decorated with several yellow shapes you can't quite make out from here.
"Wouldn't it be awfully convenient if she got eaten? Then the critters would be full for the night, and you could get back home safely~" The girl speaks this sadistic line with no hint of shame in her voice; how horrible! If you weren't in someone else's house right now, you'd be tempted to go over and slap her. Granted, odds are she's some sort of wacky youkai who could make your skull implode in revenge for this, so that might not be a good idea in general. Instead, you settle for scowling on the inside, as you stand up and dust yourself off.

"Princess, you should be in bed by now..." Eirin is interrupted by the 'princess' loudly blowing a raspberry.

"You don't tell me what to do! I'll stay up as long as I like, thank-you~" And with that, she marches off, out of sight. Hm, 'princess', huh... Sounds familiar, somehow. Sure seems like yet another spoiled brat, in any case.

"...Are you sure she'll be alright? There were a lot of those things out there..."

"Mmyes, she does this sort of thing all the time... Trust me, you're not the first person that ends up here with the same story. Ah, but on that note... Why are you here? Managed to hurt yourself, again?"

"N-no, miss Kamishirasawa asked if I-... if we could come pick up some medicines for miss Knowledge."

"Ah. I haven't quite finished preparing those just yet... could you wait a while? I was actually almost finished when you got here, it shouldn't take me much longer." You nod, and Eirin leaves the room, leaving you with Flandre and Reisen. A few moments pass in the usual awkward silence, before Reisen suddenly speaks up.

"A-ah, but where are my manners? I should probably show you around Eientei until master Eirin is ready, right?" She offers you and Flandre a friendly smile, which Flandre returns, to your surprise.

"Sure! Sounds interesting." She's usually a lot more timid than this, normally, yet you can't help but feel pleased about her speaking up for a change, as opposed to letting others do the talking for her all the time. And yet, you still think back to Mokou. You feel guilty, leaving her alone in the forest like that, especially now as you're sitting in the warm safety of Eientei's entrance room.

"You two go ahead. I'll stay here and keep watch for Mokou; just in case." Flandre gives you a somewhat disappointed glance, prompting you to add: "Reisen is a good friend of mine, too. I'd like for the two of you to get along, get to know each other better. Alright? I'll be right here, don't worry about it." You chuckle lightly.
"After all, you can't expect to always hang around me, now can you?"

"Mmm... I guess not..." She still sounds disappointed, but cheers up a bit once you give her another encouraging smile. Soon enough, you're sitting in the room alone, Reisen and Flandre having headed off on a tour of the place. It really looked freaking huge from the outside, so you're probably too tired to walk around that much in any case. Resting here is fine too; and you just wouldn't feel right if Mokou came by and you wouldn't be around to let her in.

It doesn't take long at all for there to be a sudden bang against the door.
"Mokou? Is that you?" No answer, and yet more banging. Maybe she's in trouble, maybe she's being chased! You rush from your seat to the door, making haste to undo the locks and fling it open.

What faces you on the other side is not Mokou, but what appears to be a huge freaking shark with glowing eyes.

The last thing you see before you pass out from utter shock is your field of vision being obscured by a bottomless pit of jagged teeth.

----------

Taking a short break... Head still hurts.
>> No. 97596
File 12552047251.jpg - (171.08KB , 424x565 , argh.jpg ) [iqdb]
97596
>>97595
>> No. 97598
I'm curious to know if things would have still gone this way if Anon had not said anything.
>> No. 97600
what
>> No. 97603
>>97598
>Taking a short break
I think it's just a joke, specifically because someone said something.
It either won't have happened at all or will result in "I found you passed out in front of the door screaming something about sharks, are you sure you're feeling ok?". It's obviously not a bad end if he has more to write.
>> No. 97604
>>97598

Taisa's a trollin us, He's a trolling us
>> No. 97606
>>97600
I'd imagine the update's real up until the shark bit. Taisa will finish the rest off some other time.
>> No. 97608
File 125520661462.png - (965.06KB , 1000x1000 , 78f2a19d57faf1f7ca3148a3ab2284d5.png ) [iqdb]
97608
>>97595
>> No. 97619
File 12552110216.jpg - (12.95KB , 263x287 , fasdgaead.jpg ) [iqdb]
97619
KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>> No. 97629
File 125521173616.jpg - (217.36KB , 1200x810 , 12211873872.jpg ) [iqdb]
97629
>>97595
>> No. 97647
>>97606
This. Although... what the fucking fuck? I thought the 'Crush' option had won...
>> No. 97648
>>97595

why am I laughing at the multiple references made by that
>> No. 97650
>>97647
I think it has. This wasn't the real update, I think
>> No. 97653
>>This. Although... what the fucking fuck? I thought the 'Crush' option had won...

Depends, what do you mean by the "crush" option?
If you mean the one where we tell Flandre to run ahead, that only got 10 votes as of the vote-call, while running to Eientei got 15.

Of those 15, only 3 had anything about crushing.

At least, by my count.
>> No. 97656
>>97653
>-{X} CRUSH.
Probably that. It's there a lot more than 3 times.
>> No. 97667
>>97650

I think most of it is the real update, save for the shark. It's just the first half.
>> No. 97678
File 125521889179.jpg - (51.59KB , 200x257 , trophy.jpg ) [iqdb]
97678
You open your eyes once again, finding yourself in a simple-yet-comfortable bed. Deja vu. Glancing around at your surroundings, you see several other beds like yours, presently empty, and what seems to be various medical supplies spread out across desks and shelves all over the room. This must be a part of the clinic at Eientei. Wait, does that mean..!? No, you check yourself all over and find no body parts missing. Not even a scratch on you! You swear you were about to get devoured by what looked like some sort of demonic landshark though, as ridiculous as the notion truly is. Were you hallucinating from fatigue? You get out of the bed and take another look around - nobody else in the room besides you. They must've put you in here after you passed out back there. After making sure you didn't soil yourself in the process, you open the door and find yourself in a hallway that stretches as far as the eye can see. More deja vu.

And then you feel like you're being watched. Turning around swiftly, you end up startling a somewhat familiar-looking dark-haired little girl with rabbit ears. What did Reisen say her name was, again...
"...Tewi?"

She quickly regains her composure, fixing you with an amused, rather superior glance.
"That's my name, don't wear it out."

"Um..." Well, there's no better way to word it.
"...What the hell happened back there?"

"Back where?"

"When I passed out."

She rubs her chin in thought, as if trying to remember something mostly unimportant that happened ages ago.
"Oh, that. You got attacked by one of the youkai from the forest; it looked pretty lost, the fishy-types don't usually wander this far from the lake. That Mokou girl caught up to it just in time, though, grabbed it by the tail and smashed it dead before it could chomp ya." The completely uninterested matter-of-fact tone of voice she recounts this tale in only serves to make it all the more surreal. So you really did almost get eaten by a freaking landshark today, didn't you. You try not to puzzle yourself with the thought of why youkai indigenous to the bamboo forest would even cooperate with a random giant fish on legs to begin with, since your brain is starting to pulsate rather painfully over how retarded this whole situation has become. Disbelief of this level hurts like a bitch.

Tewi leads you to the guest room of the mansion, holding you by the hand because you're still having balance issues from all this. Once you get there, you are greeted with the sight of Flandre having tea with the rest of the Eientei residents - and even Mokou is here, too. Flandre is responding to the long-haired princess's never-ending chatter with polite smiles, although she seems somehow depressed, up until the point where she spots you entering the room, promptly slowly and carefully laying down her teacup before rocketing towards you into a slightly painful tacklehug, barely avoiding knocking you off your feet.

"Ah, you're okay! Eirin said you suddenly got sick and fainted... Are you feeling alright?" While she's still overly worried as is usual for her, she seems to be at least partially restraining herself, quickly loosening her grip on you to the point where you can breathe comfortably, and trying not to sound so hysterical. You look over at the others for a moment, and they all give you a knowing glance. Well, all but the princess, who seems to be more interested in her tea than whatever goes on between you and Flandre.

"I'm fine, I'm fine, nothing to worry about... Just a spontaneous moment of weakness. I guess I haven't been eating or sleeping properly, lately."

"Hmph." The princess speaks up again all of a sudden, her tone sounding utterly haughty and disdainful.
"It's impolite to interrupt a conversation between two ladies, you know. Ah, but I suppose I couldn't expect a plebeian such as yourself to know how one should behave around those born of nobler blood than yourself..." You're distracted from your mental images of punching the condescending bitch in the face by Mokou's frustrated grunt. Speaking of whom, Mokou looks as unharmed as you do. Heck, she looks even -better- than when you last saw her. Refreshed, even cleaner and neater in general, as if she were spontaneously reborn not long ago. Well, let's not get carried away; she probably just took a bath here while you were out cold, or something. Flandre leads you over to the table and you're offered a cup of tea, as you sit in the only free seat available, next to Mokou, and the princess resumes talking to Flandre about something utterly inane.

"Hey." Mokou suddenly whispers to you, taking the opportunity while Flandre and the princess are distracted.
"Sorry about that, earlier. Some of them slipped past me, and by the time I noticed I was already surrounded and couldn't chase after them. I managed to tear through them quick enough to stop that one from swallowing you whole, though." She gestures over to a wall, and you can't help but squeak lightly as the shark's massive maw stares back at you in the form of a rather grotesque wall trophy.
"I let them have it as a gift of sorts, in return for some basic hospitality. Say, uh... You're a lot less freaked out about what happened than I thought you'd be."

No use hiding it from her, then.
"Yeah, I've known about how things are in Gensokyo for a while now."

She raises an eyebrow for a brief moment, before shrugging and taking another sip of tea.
"Figured as much. I don't know what that Keine was thinking, trying to keep you in the dark when half the students have wings or horns or who knows what... Honestly. She should've just stayed as an elementary school teacher."

You're distracted by hearing the princess elaborate her very questionable opinions on how royalty such as themselves shouldn't mingle too freely with those born into lower positions, such as yourself, to Flandre; heaven forbid any of that bullshit ends up rubbing off on her.
"...Who is that girl, anyway?"

"Hm? Oh, that's Kaguya. Remember, I mentioned her to you?" So she's the girl Mokou wanted Keine to persuade? Why on earth would Mokou care about whether or not such an unlikeable person went to school or not?
"She's... Well, believe it or not, she's an ex moon-princess. Or something like that. I don't really care what she is or was." She eyes her reflection in the half-empty teacup.
"All that matters is that she's my archnemesis. Pardon me for sounding so melodramatic."

"...And still, you're having tea at her house?"

Mokou responds with an idle shrug.
"Hey, just because we're enemies doesn't mean we can keep killing each other all the time; you've got to take a break every now and then."

What an odd way to word things. "This might sound silly, but... Do you 'kill each other' that often, or..?"

She glances back at you for a few moments, before snorting lightly.
"Oh. Right. You wouldn't know. Okay, get this - we're both immortal."

"Eh?"

"Yeah, that'll probably take a while to sink in." She smirks at you, before taking another sip of tea.
"That's why I told you to get the hell out of there when the youkai arrived. I was in no danger, but you and the girl... Well, not so sure about her, but you look pretty damn mortal to me." You can't tell if that was a compliment or insult, just now.

"So, uh, did you..?"

"Oh, just once. When I looked back and noticed them following you, one of them got me from behind." She casually takes another sip from her cup, as if she were retelling a boring day at work.
"It's not -that- bad once you get used to it, don't worry about it."

"Does it hurt?"

"Oh, always. But you learn to cope."

"What about the, uh..."

"The part where you come back?" You nod, wondering if you're prying too much. She doesn't seem to mind too much.
"Also hurts like a bitch. I tell you, though..." She finishes her tea, setting the cup back down on the table; nobody else has been paying attention to your whispered conversation, all this time.
"Without little accidents like that to spice up my life, I think I'd have gone fucking nuts ages ago." You find yourself idly tilting your teacup from side to side, watching the dark liquid shift around as you ponder the concept of immortality. Never dying for real, huh... And yet, seeing those around you grow old and fade away. It sounds more depressing, than anything else. No... maddening. Looking up at Flandre, you wonder - what will it be like for her when you die, some day in the future? She's an unaging vampire, you're just a human whose lifespan might reach eighty years, if you're lucky. It takes a good few moments for you to be stirred from your melancholy, as you notice Eirin calling your name.

"Good, I finally got your attention. I wanted to ask you how you were feeling - I've got the medicines all prepared now, but if you're still lightheaded or weak, you should probably spend the night here and get well-rested... It's gotten rather late by now."

"Eh, I'll just let him stay over at my place, instead." Mokou interjects, leaning back into her seat with her legs crossed, hand fumbling at her pocket, but pulling back when she realizes she shouldn't smoke at someone else's house. She sure is polite, considering Kaguya is meant to be her hated enemy for reasons you're not about to ask her.

"Pfft. I don't think the boy would be interested in sleeping under the stars with someone like -you-." A venomous remark from Kaguya adds new tension into the air. As if you haven't had enough stress for one day.

"I have a house, you dumb bitch." Eirin furrows her brow at Mokou's use of profanity towards the princess, yet doesn't seem to feel the need to interrupt the two. Guess she's used to this sort of thing.

"A house? Is that what you call the bushes, where the wild animals go to urinate and defecate, you filthy hobo?"

"Less of a shithole than your place, you fucking slut!"

"Tramp!"

"Cunt!"

Maybe you ought to plug Flandre's ears, if Mokou is going to unload her entire vocabulary in this argument... Hey, Flandre looks like she's about to speak up too. Oh boy...

"Hey! Jin is -my- friend, so he should spend the night at the mansion, right?"

"Jin?" Mokou gives you a perplexed look.
"Huh. I thought you said your name was..."

"Ahaha! What a completely simple nickname! As expected of a commoner such as yourself! I love it!" Kaguya cackles to herself maniacally, already forgetting about insulting Mokou; Mokou, on the other hand, takes the opportunity to reach her not at all clean boot-clad leg under the table and kick Kaguya in the shin.

"Ack! Oh no you didn't. You -dare- disrespect me in such a manner, in my own home?"

"Bitch please. I wouldn't think twice of spitting on the floor in here." She does this, too, as if to demonstrate; Eirin promptly snaps her fingers, summoning what appears to be a rabbit-eared servant girl to clean it up. The Eientei servants seem a little more efficient than the Scarlet Devil mansion maids, if a little more timid and having even less of an attention span. You've barely seen any of them at all during your brief stay here, and this one gets distracted halfway through her work by a fly on the tip of her left ear. Ah, but speaking of distractions... You've managed to distract yourself from the escalating conflict before you, the three girls arguing amongst one another over who gets to have you over for the night, Kaguya and Mokou spouting insults at one another once again, and Flandre starting to look more and more frustrated with the whole thing with every passing moment.

It kind of sucks, being this popular.



[] Choose Eientei.
[] Choose Mokou's house.
[] Choose the SDM.
[] Screw you guys, I'm going home.
>> No. 97684
[x] Choose the SDM.

Gotta visit Patchy, after all.
>> No. 97692
[] Choose the SDM.
[] Thank Eirin and Mokou for the offers.
[] Say nothing to Kaguya.

This Kaguya is not fine too.
>> No. 97693
[x] Choose the SDM.

We don't need to escalate such a rivalry.

Kaguya seems to be a bit insufferable, and while Mokou's rough, it might be a bit too rough for Jin who hasn't been sleeping and eating the best in the first place.
>> No. 97695
[x] Choose the SDM.
>> No. 97700
[x] Choose the SDM.

I just realized Kaguya is my least favorite touhou. Except maybe the Watatsukis, but they're all moon bitches anyway.
>> No. 97702
[x] Choose the SDM.

Holy balls, Kaguya is an annoying cunt.
>> No. 97705
[x] Choose the SDM.
>> No. 97707
[X] Screw you guys, I'm going home...
- (x) ...to the Scarlet Devil Mansion.
>> No. 97709
[x] Choose the SDM.
>> No. 97712
[X] Choose the SDM.

Oh hey we made a new friend in Mokou, and perhaps for Flandre as well if they can agree on more than one thing...

Jesus Kaguya, you make Remilia look like Mother Teresa in terms of hospitality and hosting
>> No. 97713
[x] Choose Eientei.

If we catch Kaguya being the NEET-otaku she really is, we'll have dirt on her.

Then we can blackmail her into going to school, and Mokou would have to keep her word -- which she just might do happily, if it means she gets to see Kaguya fumble around in a classroom environment. Plus, it'll be nice to put the bitch in her place.

With any luck, we can convince them to let Flandre stay, too. I doubt Kaguya would mind her company. It'd be a win-win. Assuming we're able to get word out to Remilia, that is.
>> No. 97714
[0] Choose the SDM.
>> No. 97716
>>97713
>>Assuming we're able to get word out to Remilia, that is.

We could ask Mokou to deliver the message. She just might agree if we tell her that we're staying to get dirt on Kaguya. It technically wouldn't be metaknowledge, either.
>> No. 97718
File 125522288035.jpg - (147.84KB , 500x683 , 1bc76762aa8667cc831a2edc3f8d167d.jpg ) [iqdb]
97718
>"...As I was saying. I'd kill for the chance to see the pampered little princess getting all embarrassed, wearing a sailor outfit. A short skirt, haha! Oh man, I'd just die laughing."
I wonder if that exact train of thought could work to get Kaguya to go to school. If they both agree to go if the other is forced to wear a skirt...

[x] Choose Mokou's house.
SDM is too far away. We're fatigued and all. Remember, Taisa is channeling Tsukihime bad ends now.
>> No. 97719
[X] Choose the SDM.
>> No. 97721
[x] Choose Mokou's house.

We can camp the SDM anytime.
>> No. 97722
>>97718
Inb4 in order to keep Flandre from being famished Jin's gonna have to allow Flandre to feed off him complicating things further; unless of course Flandre can hold out for a good while.

We could just use the Library Card Patchouli gave to Jin, but is it worth using it now..?
>> No. 97724
>>97723
It really feels like one of those items you NEVER want to use until absolutely necessary only to find out in the end you could have used it to simplify things before end game..?

USE LIBRARY CARD FOR QUICK TRIP TO SDM

inb4 Taisa manages to fuck us over and have us need the card desperately like the chance that Flandre discovers Rumia in Jin's bed with him in said bed. Thus causing a horrible chain reaction of heavy bawwing and deaths because we used the card seemingly trivially when we needed it the most.
>> No. 97725
[X] Choose the SDM.
>> No. 97726
>>97718

He recovered (rested) enough to make a simple trip, especially with Mokou guiding him, but he's not in a shape to actually fight.
>> No. 97731
[+] Choose the SDM.
[+] Explain that we have business there (Patchouli), anyway.
>> No. 97732
>[] Screw you guys, I'm going home.
BEST OPTION EVER HAHAHAHAHA

*Ahem*

[x] Choose Mokou's house.
>>97718
A compelling argument.
>> No. 97735
[x] Choose Mokou's house.
>> No. 97736
File 125522849173.png - (4.94KB , 256x224 , dragonite.png ) [iqdb]
97736
>>97722
>>97724
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TooAwesomeToUse
>> No. 97739
[x] Choose Mokou's house.

>>97722
Your post makes my eyes bleed with its pointlessness and irrelevance.

>>97718
>I wonder if that exact train of thought could work to get Kaguya to go to school.
I wonder as well.
...Maybe something involving Tenshi and her being more well-bred and of a higher status than a mere moon princess (Assuming that's accurate. I think it is. Isn't it?) and look at her. SHE goes to school. What's Kaguya's excuse?

Something like that.

Even better, we bring it up sort of oh-so-casually to Eirin, who is the closest thing Kaguya has to a parent.

And Kaguya WILL do what Eirin says, I'm pretty sure of this.
>> No. 97743
This is all before Remilia and Sakuya invade the Bamboo Forest again, in search of Flandre this time rather than for a trial of guts.

>>And Kaguya WILL do what Eirin says, I'm pretty sure of this.
>>"You don't tell me what to do! I'll stay up as long as I like, thank-you~"
Yeah, exactly so.

[+] Choose the SDM.
-[+] "We had actually told her sister we'd be back. Last thing we would need is someone else stumbling about the Bamboo Forest 'lost', looking for us."
>> No. 97748
[X] Choose the SDM.
>> No. 97755
>>97712
I wish to amend my post with the following so don't count this as another vote but merely an addendum*

That and for some reason I keep getting denied when I tried to delete it.

[X] Choose the SDM.
-(X) Thank Mokou in private for the invitation and will take up the offer some other time; so long as the offer stays open of course.

Sometimes, people need time away from those close to them and may need neutral company to help put personal affairs in perspective as well as order.

What better way and place to find some solitude/personal time to think?
>> No. 97756
[x] Choose the SDM.
[x] Explain that we want to give Patchouli the medicine.
>> No. 97768
[x] Choose the SDM.
[x] Explain that we want to give Patchouli the medicine.
[T] Tell Flandre you want to FLY just above the ground, under the radar...
>> No. 97771
[X] Choose the SDM.

It's already getting late, and the longer we're gone with Flandre, the longer Remilia will be getting worked up letting her imagination run wild over all the things Jin and her sister could possibly be doing to be gone for so long.

Still, interesting how despite it being Eirin's suggestion, the princess is arguing for letting the "simple commoner" sleep over at her place. Though, that could just be because Mokou's arguing against him staying the night there.

>>...Maybe something involving Tenshi and her being more well-bred and of a higher status than a mere moon princess (Assuming that's accurate. I think it is. Isn't it?) and look at her. SHE goes to school. What's Kaguya's excuse?

Oh god. I can see one of two outcomes for bring Tenshi and Kaguya together. Either their apparently similar personalities will drive them to become the very best of friends, making them even more intolerable than they already are, or they will completely, absolutely, and utterly hate each other.

It could be fun seeing them get into a catfight.
>> No. 97780
[x] Choose the SDM.
[x] Explain that we want to give Patchouli the medicine.
>> No. 97785
[x] Slumber party at Keine's house!
>> No. 97791
[x] Choose the SDM.
[x] Explain that we want to give Patchouli the medicine.
>> No. 97803
Not in the mood for writing today anymore.

As always, blame IRC.
>> No. 97805
>>97803

That's what you get for falling for the fucking trolls.
>> No. 97806
>>97803
Like always no?
Though it seems this time we're actually right.

FUCK YOU IRC.
>> No. 97807
File 125528121382.jpg - (465.96KB , 1280x1024 , a9380c14fa35440b020807a2a63f16da.jpg ) [iqdb]
97807
>>97803
>> No. 97808
>>97806

Well blame the whole firefox vs IE debate that happened and went too far. Still what a mess.
>> No. 97810
Hey don't just blame the whole channel. It was that asshole Finn and one of the newfags.
>> No. 97811
>>97808

Hint: Taisa was not on the FF side of the argument.

He's probably just using this as an excuse to be a nigger. Nice troll, Taisa; I didn't think you had it in you.
>> No. 97813
File 125528285368.jpg - (46.71KB , 640x429 , 1254432869689.jpg ) [iqdb]
97813
Less IRC DRAMA and more writing.
>> No. 97814
>>97803
>>97806
This is like blaming Anonymous because one or two of them kept bringing up snow end and despair in Kira's threads and he ragequit. GODDAMN ANONYMOUS RUINS EVERYTHING IF ONLY THERE WASN'T ANONYMOUS
>> No. 97816
>>97810

Yeah most of the channel stayed out of the whole mess, and that one Finn (I won't say what his trip is yet) that pushed things too far.

>>97811

True, but pushing them repeatedly to do something never works. He wasn't inclined to change and all that happened as a result of what folks said made him LESS inclined to change.

Sure he might be fond of slight trolling but he's consistent about writing usually.

But I will say this: He wouldn't last long if he tried pulling a Snow End Mk II, alot less than Those that shall not be named.
>> No. 97818
>>97803
Try not to let it get you down too much.
>> No. 97819
>>97816
wiseman you are not helping
>> No. 97820
>>97816

Hah true. Taisa would flip out within a week of pulling it if he's like this.
>> No. 97824
File 12552864246.png - (177.49KB , 1100x1100 , 86f2d169f.png ) [iqdb]
97824
>>97803
Just take it easy Taisa, we'll be waiting.
>> No. 97825
In case anyone wanted to know the exact reason instead of vague "irc bullshit"

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dyyj5wyzjb1


As much as I LURV Reisen, Kaguya is pretty BITCHY
>> No. 97832
>>97830
plebeian scum
>> No. 97834
>>97830
Browsers arguments, console arguments, OS arguments, mobile-thingey arguments, even in my own field programming language arguments, how I hate them with every fiber of my being.
>> No. 97839
>>97825

>krisslanza

Yea, IRC is a awesome place.
>> No. 97850
>>97743
Hey, fuck you, man. I never was taught how to read.
Plus I think Eirin wouldn't stand for that shit for too long. I hope.

>>97819
Well, he never does.

>>97771
>Oh god. I can see one of two outcomes for bring Tenshi and Kaguya together. Either their apparently similar personalities will drive them to become the very best of friends, making them even more intolerable than they already are, or they will completely, absolutely, and utterly hate each other.
I know. That's why I want to do it.
>> No. 97852
>>97839
Of course new people will come because the old ones will leave but it could be worse. There are some new writers here that are just..... bad.
krisslanza has good ideas but she can't put those ideas into the writing and the outcome is pretty mediocre to poor.
I am pretty sure that GH will be the last great story writting here, that is if Taisa doesn't snap like YAF or pull a Kira.
>> No. 97855
File 125530129298.jpg - (254.21KB , 1024x628 , Trial_of_Taisas_guts.jpg ) [iqdb]
97855
>>97852

Essentially THP is slowly becoming a Trial of Guts for Taisa as GH continues; what with him venturing into the Wastelands of IRC.
>> No. 97858
>>97855

He's been there for ages already though.
>> No. 97863
>>97858
damn now you can tell I've never visited IRC here.
>> No. 97868
>>97863

Probably best to leave it like that.
>> No. 97911
>>97863
Back when THP was good and HY wrote SDM LA, writers spoiled stuff on IRC and faggots felt superior and always blamed Anon. It was interesting to read things that you wouldn't find out otherewise. I often pasted conversation on the board only to make it fair. Now that i think of it, it started when Kira created the first channel and spoilt stuff there. Especially Tetro was a nutcase and took it out personal on Anon in his Story.
>> No. 97923
Well, seeing it as it's a federal holiday here in the US, I was hoping to catch sight of a new update. Looks like those hopes were in vain.

I don't understand why you took a browser debate too seriously Taisa, a broswer debate of all things, unless you're really just taking the time to polish the update and used the debate as an awesome excuse to take some time off. If you did get your day ruined by that trivial matter, it's probably best to stay out of that wasteland we call IRC unless absolutely necessary to visit.
>> No. 97938
>>97923

It's a bit too soon to say that yet; and he doesn't update until later weekdays anyways.
>> No. 97979
>>97977