[Return]
Archived Thread

File 125450733545.jpg - (274.92KB , 1200x840 , 9f6159ceb5b16cd71a571a19ee31b045.jpg ) [iqdb]
96609 No. 96609
[x] Suggest...
-[x] ...go by points (treat as if they count as money). Each player gets 100 ryo (imaginary) to start, and play continues until one player gets to 300 ryo. The winner gets one reasonable favor from each of the losers.

"Well, perhaps we could use points? It'd be like money, but well, not..." you scratch your chin in thought for a moment, "how about everyone would have 100 'ryo'. The one who ends up with 300 ryo, would be the winner."

"Does the winner get anythin'?" asked the witch curiously.

"Er, well uhm... I suppose I could think of something, give me a moment..." you frown slightly, as you tap the table, "well, how about the winner gets a favor for the losers? Nothing much of course, just whatever the loser might find reasonable?"

"I don't have a problem with those terms." spoke up Yuuka,

"I suppose it'll work, though real money would've been better..."

"Aw, you're broke enough as is Reimu, I'm sure you don't wanna be out a hundred by the end of this game, ze!" taunted Marisa with a grin,

"Implying I would lose, Marisa?" replied the miko.

"Well, you did lose last time, though I guess this time you won't chicken out..."

"You've played this game before, then?" asked Yuuka curiously, casually dealing the cards for the round,

Reimu scribbled some numbers on a piece of paper, "Erm, well once we did..."

"And what would the little thief mean by, chicken out? Surely the shrine maiden wouldn't run from something..."

"I-I didn't chicken out! It's none of your business anyway Yuuka!" snapped Reimu in a huff,

"Uhm, Yuuka, may I ask you something?" you ask quietly, laying some cards on the table.

The youkai smiles and nods, "Of course you may, little flower."

"Why is it you never call Reimu or Marisa by name? You seem to always call Reimu 'shrine maiden' and Marisa is 'little thief'."

The witch frowned, "I've always wondered that myself, come ta think of it."

Yuuka chuckled softly, "A most curious question, Reina. But the answer is quite simple. Neither deserves for me to call them by name. Besides, the little thief is exactly what she is, a thief."

"... Geez, that's harsh Yuuka... don't deserve to be called by name?" sighed the miko.

"I'm not a thief!" countered Marisa,

"Oh but you are. Your beloved Master Spark is after all, my techinque originally. But you stole it from me, and go around claiming it belongs to you. Of course, you also steal just about anything that isn't nailed down..."

"Er, uhm, that is..." Marisa paused and tapped the table, "... how about that weather ze!?"

"Well, does that answer your question, Reina?" asked the youkai, ignoring Marisa,

"Y-yeah. Thank you Yuuka."

~

The youkai gave a small sigh, as she laid her cards on the table, "My, my Reina... you're good at this game, aren't you?"

Reimu scratches out some writing on her paper, "Well, she did teach it to us. Maybe we should've handicapped her..."

"R-really, I just got lucky, I suppose." you say dismissively.

"Or perhaps my little flower simply has more talents then I can see? Not that I can see much use in this particular talent, but nonetheless..."

"And I really wanted to win! Gettin' a favor from Reimu AND Yuuka? And Reina, of course!" commented the witch, throwing up her arms.

"Yeah well too bad, Reina won, so she gets the favor." replied Reimu, flicking Marisa in the head with a finger,

---

Favors!:
[ ] Use them now?
- [ ] Write in
[ ] Ask if you can save them for later?
[ ] Mandatory write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Human Village and Gensokyo)
o "Gensokyo" Book
o Seeds from Yuuka

>> No. 96611
[ ] Ask if you can save them for later?
>> No. 96612
[x] Ask if you can save them for later?

I don't think Reina would have any use of them now, but it might be nice later, provided that Reina goes about it nicely.
>> No. 96616
[ ] Ask if you can save them for later?
>> No. 96619
[ ] UNLIMITED POWER
[ ] Ask if you can save them for later?
>> No. 96657
[+] Ask if you can save them for later?

To be honest, I didn't have anything in particular in mind when I suggested it in the write-in. Might be useful to make things more fun sometime later, though.
>> No. 96681
[x] Ask if you can save them for later?
>> No. 96706
File 125459064865.jpg - (231.37KB , 1150x1131 , 3693906fcd349ce1e9173c5d39bd42b1.jpg ) [iqdb]
96706
[x] Ask if you can save them for later?

Strangely, you can't really think of anything at all. You'd think at least something would come to mind, but you just keep drawing a blank.

"Uhm... can I save the favors for later? I can't really think of anything right now..."

Reimu shrugs, gathering up her cards, "Sure, that'll work. Either of you object?"

"I don't see a problem with it ze."

"If Reina has nothing now, then there is no problem with her saving it for later. You already know how to get in contact with me, if you need to little flower."

The red-white gets up and peeks outside, before strolling back into the room, "Well, it's been a few hours now, how do you feel Reina?"

You hadn't really thought about it, but you didn't feel very tired. Cautiously stretching your joints out, hearing some pops in response, you stand up and nod to Reimu.

"I actually feel pretty good. I wasn't really thinking about it at all, but I feel... refreshed. Like how you feel when waking up from a good nap, you know?"

"Really? Well, you haven't fallen flat on your face from standing... I have to admit, you recovered a lot faster then I thought you would. Even when I was in training, it took at least a day for the aches and pains to fade to a tolerable level..."

Marisa gets up and stares at you suspiciously, "You sure you're fine? You were trippin' all over yourself just a few hours ago ze!"

"Y-yeah, I feel fine! Honestly!" you say, leaning back slightly as Marisa leans her face closer to your own.

"Well, I'll believe ya. If you were still in pain, I don't think you'd be able to move that much anyway."

"You think Reina would lie to you? If she were lieing, it would be obvious... she's a rather terrible liar I must say." commented Yuuka,

The miko waved her hand dismissively, "Yeah, yeah. Well, since you're all better you can go ahead and leave if you want."

"You wanna go do somethin' then, Reina?" asked the witch, grinning.

"Well, since my little flower is free to roam, I shall excuse myself for now... thank you for letting me stay, shrine maiden."

"Yeah, yeah whatever." said the miko dismissively.

---

Freedom!:
[ ] Go hang out with Marisa?
- [ ] Do what? (write-in)
[ ] Well, how about Yuuka?
- [ ] Do what? (write-in)
[ ] Chill at the shrine still?
- [ ] Do what? (write-in)
[ ] ... Hey, didn't you have to work at home?
[ ] Mandatory write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Book
o Seeds from Yuuka

Short update is short. It would've been up yesterday, but I was dead tired and went to go pass out for the day. Sorry.
>> No. 96708
[x] ... Hey, didn't you have to work at home?
-{x} Ask if anyone wants to see you work.

I think we should do our chunk of work for the day, but if someone wants to check it out, why not?
>> No. 96711
[ ] ... Hey, didn't you have to work at home?
>> No. 96713
[x] ... Hey, didn't you have to work at home?
Duty calls.
>> No. 96725
[x] ... Hey, didn't you have to work at home?
>> No. 96730
[x] ... Hey, didn't you have to work at home?
>> No. 96736
[x] ... Hey, didn't you have to work at home?
-{x} Ask if anyone wants to see you work.
Secret book powers must be discovered!
>> No. 96766
Forgot my trip...

Update delayed, posting tomorrow. Sorry.
>> No. 96800
[+] ...Hey, didn't you have to work at home?

Reina does have a job, and it's been bugging me that we haven't exactly been doing it lately.
>> No. 96836
File 125466806385.jpg - (119.29KB , 700x700 , 71b2023db7bb4d3d743335d99f401027.jpg ) [iqdb]
96836
[x] ... Hey, didn't you have to work at home?
- {x} Ask if anyone wants to see you work.

While the idea of relaxing some more is certainly appealing, you have a nagging suspicion you were forgetting something... then it dawns on you.

"Ah! Actually, I have that order from Eientei, and they said they were going to drop by to deliver it so... uhm..."

"Ah, well guess I did end up eating up a lot of your time then... hopefully this won't make them mad at you or something..." muttered Reimu with a frown,

"Naw, them rabbits are pretty easy-goin' I'd imagine. Want me to take ya home, Reina?" offered the witch with a smile.

"Thank you for the offer Marisa. Actually, does anyone want to see what I do, exactly?"

Reimu shrugs, "Not really. Sounds pretty boring."

"I confess to not knowing what you do for work. I suppose I can indulge my curiousity..." said the youkai.

"Well, it doesn't sound very fun, but... I guess I'll already be there anyway, so why not! Didn't have anythin' to do really anyway ze." Marisa paused and looked over to Yuuka, "You'll hafta walk though. I can't fit three on my broom."

Yuuka chuckled, "Very well, little thief. I will see you at your home, little flower. I have to check in on a few things, but I'll be along shortly..."

Marisa nodded, "Well, let's go Reina! Your home, awaits!"

~

When you got home, you noticed something was amiss right away - the door was open. Your first thought was that someone had robbed your house, but Marisa insisted the rabbits probably got tired of waiting and broke in themselves. A quick search of the house did reveal nothing was missing, and furniture had popped up inside instead. Attached to the furniture was a note:

"Here's the stuff! Got tired of waiting around, so I decided to help myself to get it inside! Hope you don't mind."

The note had no name signed. Putting the note aside, you decide to instead focus on the furniture itself. It consisted of a short table, at a quick glance, it seemed to be in good enough shape, but upon closer inspection you can make out some burn marks on the dark wood, and what oddly appears to be bite marks of some sort. Unlike your experience with the Scarlet Devil Mansion's 'burnt' furniture (you now suspect it may have been caused by danmaku impact), these marks seem much more normal. However, the bite marks puzzle you completely. Whie you knew children sometimes gnawed on things they shouldn't, the bite marks in the wood were quite deep... it was almost like someone was trying to eat it.

"Sooo, whatcha do is go about fixin' this and makin' it look all nice, ze?" asked the witch, curiously looking over your shoulder at the furniture.

"I suppose, in simple terms, yes. It's more like replacing in this case, you see here," you point to the bite marks on the table leg, "will require a new leg. The biting is too deep to just sand out, and would leave the leg uneven and sloppy looking."

"Well, wouldn't just sandin' it out be easier and quicker?"

"Er, well of course it would, but it'd be sloppy! If you're going to do something, do it right, or don't do it at all. That's what I've always been told." you say, frowning at Marisa's impatience.

"Well if ya say so. So uhm, now that you got the problem all figured out, what do ya do next ze?"

You sigh and shake your head, "Next I need to figure out what this is made of and the dimensions of what I need to make then..."

~

Marisa proved less then an attentive listener, she at least did her best to not get in your way and helped you fetch various things from time to time. Yuuka, when she arrived, on the other hand was a much more quiet observer, merely watching you with what you assumed was interest. The table as it turned out, was made of something you did actually have, and whatever Eientei had called it at first, must've simply been their name for it. Of course, if it wasn't for your book, you probably would've spent many hours comparing bits of wood to the table until finding it. With the issue of the wood solved, the job was merely child's play at that point and was merely a task of replacing the bite-ridden sections.

The bite-ridden pieces you stored away for later inspection, wondering if perhaps you would be able to figure out what had caused that sort of damage. By the time the job was done, the sun had set and it was rather dark outside, you felt obligated to offer dinner to your guests, which they accepted.

"Hey, Reina can I ask ya somethin'?" asked Marisa after a few spoonfuls of food,

"Sure, go ahead Marisa."

"Well, it's about that book of yours actually... I kept seein' ya lookin' at it all the time, flippin' through pages and everything but... well..." the witch trailed off with a frown.

"She means to say, your book is entirely blank, at least from our views. But, to you little flower... there are words and such, printed on the pages?"

You nod, "Yes there are. I don't know why it seems to work, for the lack of a better word, that way. When I showed it to Reimu, she too saw nothing but blank pages. When you first saw it, why did you insist it was special Marisa? It was blank then too, wasn't it?"

The witch scratched her chin in thought for a moment, "Well, yeah it was. It just, I dunno, felt special somehow. It was blank, but it was all worn out lookin'. No one keeps a book blank that long ze. Though Alice didn't seem to see anythin' special about it."

"Was it blank for her too?"

"Uhm... I dunno actually. She never said if it was or not, if ya remember she used it to whack me on the head with ze. Never really did bring it up again..."

"May I have a look at it, Reina?" asks the youkai politely.

You see no problem with it, and hand her the book. She takes hold of it and flips through the pages, her face expressionless. After a few moments, she hands it back to you, she remains silent for a few moments before speaking.

"The book is, as I stated earlier, blank to me as well. It has been in Reina's care for some time, and as such is quite strongly imprinted with her own limited spiritual energy. However, I can very faintly make out Yukari on it as well, has she ever held it, little flower?"

You nod, "Well, when I first arrived here, she managed to pull it out of nowhere, and she flipped through it... I think she could read it. But whatever she was able to read on it, I don't think I've ever seen."

"Why was she readin' it, Reina?" asks Marisa, suddenly highly curious,

You shrug, "I'm not sure really. When I got here, all I saw was a dense fog outside... when I told Yukari that, she asked where the book was and then pulled it out of nowhere. She opened it, flipped through some pages, then poked me right in the head. I kind of passed out after that... then I woke up, and I could see outside."

"Interesting. I suspect Yukari knows all about that book then, but I'm afraid this isn't something I have any knowledge in. From the way you describe it however, and I believe the little thief will agree, your book is likely a grimoire."

"It at least has some grimoire-like properties anyway ze. Maybe Alice or Patchouli would know more, though Patchouli may be safer to ask. Problem with that, is gettin' into the mansion, at least for Reina. Me gettin' in, is no problem at all of course ze."

"If Reina wishes to know more, I agree. Yukari would be the best source, but I suspect finding her will be difficult to begin with. The puppeteer or magician, are much more accessible forms of knowledge. Now then, little flower, it is late and I must be going I'm afraid. I thank you for your time." said Yuuka, rising from her seat,

"I guess it is kinda late, I should probably be goin' out as well... unless ya wanted to do somethin' in the mornin' maybe Reina?" asked the witch curiously.

---

Something to do in the morning?:
[ ] Ask Marisa to stay the night so..
- [ ] You can visit Alice in the morning?
- [ ] See about sneaking into the mansion?
- [ ] Other? (write-in)
[ ] Decline to allow Marisa to stay the night.
- [ ] Get Eientei's request delivered, somewhere.
- [ ] You do have danmaku practice tomorrow...
- [ ] Other? (write-in)
[ ] Mandatory write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Book
o Seeds from Yuuka
>> No. 96838
[X] Ask Marisa to stay the night so..
-[X] She can help you deliver the table to Eientei.

An excuse as good as any.
>> No. 96846
[x] Ask Marisa to stay the night so..
-[x] She can help you deliver the table to Eientei.
>> No. 96849
[X] Ask Marisa to stay the night so..
-[X] She can help you deliver the table to Eientei.
-[x]And inform Sakuya you can take her job now.
>> No. 96854
[X] Ask Marisa to stay the night so..
-[X] She can help you deliver the table to Eientei, or at least send a message to Eientei about the job being finished.
-[x] Inform Sakuya that you could take her job (and to ask if Miss Knowledge would care to look at an interesting book)
[x] Have Danmaku practice if there's still time.

I figure this way we can meet Patchy without pissing anyone off.
>> No. 96855
[x] Ask Marisa to stay the night so..
-[x] She can help you deliver the table to Eientei.
>> No. 96905
File 125469779371.png - (422.93KB , 600x420 , f54bd82bd4ec3338b6e27df694765108.png ) [iqdb]
96905
[X] Ask Marisa to stay the night so..
-[X] She can help you deliver the table to Eientei.
-[X] And inform Sakuya you can take her job now.
[X] Have Danmaku practice if there's still time.

"Well, I will probably need help figuring out how to get that table to Eientei... maybe drop by the Scarlet Devil Mansion to let them know I can take their job now too... so I guess, nothing fun but..."

The witch shrugged, "Eh, I don't mind really. 'Sides, it's a lot warmer in your place, if I went home I'd have to go flyin' out there in the cold night!"

You laugh softly, "It's just a little bit warmer here. How about you get ready for bed, and I'll get the fire set up? Make it a little warmer in here for the night."

"Didn't just wanna snuggle under the covers for warmth, Reina?" teased Marisa, laughing as she headed upstairs,

A blush crawled onto your face as you remember the night you did snuggle with Marisa. Being able to feel the warmth from her body, and getting to feel and smell her hair... you shake your head quickly, banishing the thoughts. What the hell were those thoughts!?

~

Yawning, you open your eyes and squint from the sunlight pouring in from the open window. It was much too bright out for it to be early in the morning, like you had planned last night, had you slept through your alarm or something? Sitting up a bit, you realize there's something weighing you down. Glancing down, you find Marisa sprawled on top of you - just the blankets of the bed seperating her sleeping head from resting on your bare skin. Your face reddening, you resist the urge to freak out.

After a brief moment of watching the witch sleep, she yawns and stretches, sleepily opening an eye to look at you.

"Mornin'." she states simply, yawning.

"M-morning." you studder.

Marisa glances out the window, "Looks pretty late. Didn't you set an alarm, or somethin' ze?"

"I thought I did, did we sleep through it or something...?"

Marisa shrugged, rolling over and crawling out of bed, yawning again. Looking at the nightstand, you see the clock still there, but notice the alarm has been turned off. You were pretty sure you turned it on, so did Marisa turn it off or something? Considering her position of sleeping ontop of you, it was possible she had crawled over and turned it off, but you can't possibly imagine why she'd do that. Well, no use in thinking about it now.

Getting out of bed, then getting dressed, you head downstairs to get breakfast made (or what would serve was breakfast, anyway).

"So, how you wanna get all this done ze?" asked Marisa, munching on a piece of toast,

"Well, I imagine going to visit the mansion would be easier then trying to carry that table... I don't think you could on your broom, could you?"

The witch shook her head with a sigh, "Not really. It's a small table, but it still weighs quite a bit. Carrying another person isn't hard to do, but furniture is just... different. Can't really explain it. Might hafta just tell someone at Eientei to come pick it up. You could try to deliver it, but you'd hafta do it by hand, not to mention find a way through the bamboo forest to even get to Eientei."

"That's what I thought really... would be so much easier to get around, if there just wasn't youkai everywhere. Well, nothing we can do about it, I guess they won't mind coming to pick it up - Sakuya didn't mind doing it herself after all."

"Ah, but Sakuya is a workaholic, she loves work. Some of them rabbits are pretty lazy, but I guess that doesn't matter much. They'll get it done, or else they'll get experimented on by Eirin or somethin' ze."

"R-really...?" you ask worriedly.

"Well, I dunno. I just hear stuff, I don't go pryin' around. If it's true, I sure don't wanna get experimented on!" responded the witch shocked.

"T-true I suppose... not that I can see you getting caught."

Marisa laughs and grins in agreement. The two of you finish your breakfast with just idle chatter, before you gather up a pen and notepad while Marisa waits for you outside. As you leave, you notice today's edition of the Bunbunmaru neatly placed on the counter in the shop, you debate taking it but realize your hands are pretty full, and make a mental note of it for later.

You decide to deliver the news to Eientei first, considering the time it may take you to just find your way back out after Marisa explains a bit more about it. It wasn't as bad as you thought it might be, flying through a dense bamboo forest. After the initial fear of Marisa crashing into something, or taking your head off from a stray bamboo branch faded away.

When you arrived, you found a girl with bunny ears looking at you and Marisa with slight annoyance. You suspect Marisa isn't well-liked here, either. When she questions you about your business in Eientei, you merely reply you have finished the job and the table is ready to be picked up.

"Really? That was a lot faster then I expected... well, thank you for the prompt work. Guess I'll get some rabbits to go pick it up... uhm, did you lock up before you left?" asks the purple-haired bunny.

"Er, yeah actually I did... probably shouldn't have, come to think of it..."

The bunny sighs, "It can't be helped. Don't worry about it, I'll just have to bring Tewi... again..."

Despite the bunny's disappointed tone, she thanks you again before you leave with Marisa to go to the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Due to your late start for the day, you suspect it is around noon, and imagine Reimu might be slightly peeved at you for not showing up early, you just hope you can wrap up your work quickly. Like your trip to Eientei, the trip to the mansion is also uneventful, and lacks any thoughts of being beheaded by bamboo. However, this time the gatekeeper seems to be awake, eating what looks like a bowl of rice. Upon seeing you, or rather Marisa, she immediately jumps to her feet.

"You know I just can't let you walk in, Marisa!" says the gatekeeper in a challenging tone, assuming a fighting stance.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm not here to go inside anyway, just let Sakuya know she's got someone here to see her, alright?" replies the witch dismissively.

The red-head seems shocked at Marisa's reply, "R-really? No joking? Uhm, well then... wait right here!"

"Marisa isn't trying to come into the mansion uninvited? This is rare indeed..." comments a voice.

Casually strolling into view is the silver-haired maid, Sakuya, before the gatekeeper even left to fetch her. You suspect this is due to that 'time manipulation' thing you had heard about. When Sakuya seems you, she seems slightly surprised.

"Oh, if it isn't the restorer... what brings you here?" she asks, sipping something from a cup of tea.

"Well, remember how I said I couldn't take your request at that current time?" you ask, the maid nods in reply, "Well, I just finished the job from Eientei, so if you still need it done..."

"You're a productive one, aren't you? Well, the job is still open... I'll have it delivered then. Thank you for informing me of this, I have to admit, you're a dedicated worker. Now did you have any other business?"

"Uhm, well no not really but... actually, could you maybe pass a message to..." you pause, searching your memory for the name, "Patchouli, I think it was? I've heard she's knowledgeable in well, grimoires so... well, just tell her I may have one I'd like her to look at?"

Sakuya nods, "Very well, I'll pass the message along. Though, Lady Patchouli doesn't often leave the mansion... but, we'll see how that goes, won't we? I trust that is the last of your business?" you nod, "Very well, I'll get the furniture moved and I hope it will be finished promptly."

"Well, that all the work ya had to get done for now, right?" asks the witch as the maid departs.

"Yeah that was all of it really. Think we could go to the shrine now? I'm a bit late for my lessons and all..."

"Sure, sure. We'll get there in a flash!" boasts Marisa with a grin,

Going on your third flight of the day, quickly growing used to it now, the witch delivers you to the Hakurei Shrine. Where you find a slightly annoyed looking Reimu waiting for you. You open your mouth to apologize, but she throws up her hand to tell you to be quiet and you shut up. You wonder if she's really mad at you or something.

"Before you ask, no I'm not mad at you. Maybe a little bit annoyed, I didn't say anything about lessons today, did I? You should be resting Reina." the miko sighed, "You look good and all, but you need to rest even if you think you don't need it. There's no reason to rush around trying to master danmaku or anything, after all you're just an outsider. We'll resume your lessons tomorrow or the day after that, depends on how I feel really... alright?"

You nod slowly, "Y-yeah, I get it. Sorry if I worry you at all, Reimu."

"Eh, don't worry about it. You're a good person, maybe a bit strange though. Just take it easy today, or well, avoid danmaku at least."

---

The day is yours!:
[ ] Go home and...
- [ ] Work on Sakuya's request?
- [ ] Other
[ ] Hang out!
- [ ] Here?
- [ ] Other
[ ] Mandatory write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Book
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Notepad/Pen

System:
> + Marisa Kirisame
> + Eientei
> + Sakuya Izayoi
> + Unknown

Again, a more write-in focused choice here. I have to go get some things taken care of tomorrow, so I might only get one update in, depending on how long it takes. Sorry about that.
>> No. 96906
[x] Go home and...
- [x] Work on Sakuya's request?
- [x] Use Yuuka's Seeds to contact her. The area around your home could be a bit livelier and you'd like her input on what types of flowers to plant for a "spirited and cheerful" feel.
>> No. 96908
[x] Go home and...
- [x] Work on Sakuya's request?
- [x] Use Yuuka's Seeds to contact her. The area around your home could be a bit livelier and you'd like her input on what types of flowers to plant for a "spirited and cheerful" feel.

hahaha... I say things went pretty well.
>> No. 96911
[x] Go home and...
- [x] Work on Sakuya's request?
>> No. 96915
Nothing interesting happened yet I really liked the last update. Guess I'm really getting into this 'slice of life' thing.

[x] Go home and...
- [x] Work on Sakuya's request?
- [x] Use Yuuka's Seeds to contact her. The area around your home could be a bit livelier and you'd like her input on what types of flowers to plant for a "spirited and cheerful" feel.
Nemo v2.0?
>> No. 96916
[x] Go home and...
- [x] Work on Sakuya's request?
- [x] Ask Marisa if there's anything she want to do.

She help us all the time, I feel a little bad.
>> No. 96917
[x] Go home and...
- [x] Work on Sakuya's request?
- [x] Use Yuuka's Seeds to contact her. The area around your home could be a bit livelier and you'd like her input on what types of flowers to plant for a "spirited and cheerful" feel.

>>96915

>Nemo v2.0?

Well her last name is Roots...
>> No. 96978
[0] Go home and...
-[1] Work on Sakuya's request?
-[2] Use Yuuka's Seeds to contact her. The area around your home could be a bit livelier and you'd like her input on what types of flowers to plant for a "spirited and cheerful" feel.
>> No. 96979
Due to site downtime, I've only just started writing. The update will be up later, but I can't promise I'll get a second update in today.

Also, as a heads up, I'm trying to get a doctor's appointment scheduled for tomorrow. Worst case scenario is I may get placed on quarters - preventing me from leaving my room - and may not have internet access.

I don't see this happening, but I feel I should warn you all of the worst case. I'm looking into getting a personal internet connection, so that way I can update regardless along with being much more convenient for me.
>> No. 96996
File 125478789591.jpg - (215.28KB , 700x1031 , 45356.jpg ) [iqdb]
96996
[x] Go home and...
- [x] Work on Sakuya's request?
- [x] Use Yuuka's Seeds to contact her. The area around your home could be a bit livelier and you'd like her input on what types of flowers to plant for a "spirited and cheerful" feel.

Well, at least this meant you would have time to work on Sakuya's job, there wasn't much else springing to mind. Maybe do some work around the house too, all sounded like some pretty good ideas.

"I know you've been flying me around a lot today, Marisa, but could I trouble you one more time today?" you ask sheepishly.

The witch just grinned and patted you on the back, "No need to sound like that, I don't mind flyin' you everywhere Reina! Where do you wanna get goin' to then?"

"Just back home, if you could. I figure this gives me some time to do some work around the house."

Marisa eyes you suspiciously, "You gonna get some normal rest and not just be workin' all day, right? 'Cause yeah know Reimu wants you to be takin' the day easy so you can sleep and stuff ze."

"Of course I will! I wouldn't work all day... I just want to get a good jump start on Sakuya's job, ok?"

"Ah, don't sound so worried! I was just kiddin' around anyway Reina. I know you'd get some good rest too, you're a bit o' a workaholic like that Sakuya sometimes, but I know you relax and have fun sometimes too. I'll take ya home, then I need to get goin' home for a bit, I'll drop by later in the day or somethin', alright ze?"

You nod and teasingly assure Marisa you'll cook up something for her to eat when she comes by, this of course pleases her greatly again going on about how great outsider food is - even if she's sampled most of your limited cooking abilites already. After a quick flight home, the witch bids you farewell for a while, mentioning something about needing to get more mushrooms for some reason. When you check your workshop you find the table for Eientei gone, now replaced by several pieces of furniture from the Scarlet Devil Mansion.

Sakuya wasn't joking about the size of the order, you found some various chairs, tables, and even a dresser piled into the small room. Some of them had the same circular burn marks, and shattered pieces, you had seen from your first job with the mansion. However, the thing that caught your attention the most, was you saw something you saw from Eientei - some of the furniture that didn't have burn marks or broke bits, had the same gnawing-like damage on their surfaces.

The fact furniture the Scarlet Devil Mansion had the same damage, was extremely interesting. That meant whatever caused the damage, certainly wasn't something unique to Eientei. Which only further suggested whatever caused it, must be alive. Was it some sort of youkai or something? But why would a youkai have an interest in furniture of all things? Highly puzzling indeed. Placing the thought aside, you get started on your work, first tackling the most badly damaged furniture first.

~

A few hours later, picking a splinter from your finger, you decide to take a break. The job is by no means difficult, so much as time-consuming due to the sheer amount of furniture needing fixing. Still, you don't think it'll take you longer then maybe another day or two to finish it all, if Reimu didn't want you to relax today, you almost think you could finish it today.

Making yourself some lunch, you fish about in your pockets, retrieving the seeds Yuuka had given you. She had said they served as a way to 'contact' her, and the thought had struck you that you had never really used them before. They had no obvious way of being 'used' either, were you just supposed to hold them and think something to Yuuka? The idea sound silly, but then again this was a land of magic and all... besides, you were alone in your home, so at least no one would stare at you funny if you sat around with a handful of seeds trying to look like you're deep in thought.

Sitting down, you think of Yuuka and try 'speaking' to her in your head. You get nothing by silence, and after a few moments, you sigh. Seems it doesn't really work -

'Oh, is that you little flower? I was distracted for a moment, was there something you needed?' whispered a voice inside your head, that sounded an awful lot like Yuuka.

Jumping in surprise, you topple backwards in your chair. Rubbing the back of your head in a bit of pain, you 'think' back to Yuuka about asking if she could come over to visit you. While you had been working, the thought of sprucing up around the house had come to mind, and with Yuuka being the flower youkai and all, she would probably have some good ideas in mind. Of course, you were thinking about that, while holding the seeds, and you can hear the youkai's chuckle inside your head.

'How very flattering. I'll be right there, my little flower. I couldn't possibly deny such a request, especially from you Reina.' replied Yuuka's voice.

Re-pocketing the seeds, which you guess somehow prevents the youkai from being able to hear your thoughts, you go back to preparing lunch - only this time you make some for Yuuka as well. Before long, you hear a knock on the door, and you hurry to open it. Standing on the other side, is the familiar face of the flower youkai, she smiles slightly when she sees you.

"May I come in, Reina?" she asks politely.

You smile, "Of course you can Yuuka, I was just in the middle of making some lunch, actually. Care to have some?"

"Sounds delightful. Would you happen to have any tea?"

"Ah, I think I do have some tea around here somewhere... I don't think it's very good, though..." you admit nervously.

Yuuka chuckles and waves her hand, "Don't worry about it, little flower. You wanted to grow some plants and flowers around your home, yes? I can recommend you some excellent tea plants."

"I-I guess I let that little thought, slip didn't I...?" you are certainly glad you never decided to hold the seeds, while thinking some other thoughts, "But yes, I thought it might look pretty, and I guess I can grow some things to use in cooking too. I've never really drank much tea, it's kind of expensive to buy..."

"It's common use in Gensokyo, so it is rather easy to obtain. Of course, with my help you won't ever need to buy anything you can grow ever again. I can also share with you some more... unique and rare variants of some plants."

"You really don't have to go so out of your - " you start to say nervously.

The youkai silences you with a raised hand, cupping your chin, "Ah, but it isn't going out of my way for you, Reina. Besides, I can make any plant grow I so choose, so none of this is any sort of problem for me at all."

Drawing her hand away from your face, the green-haired youkai takes a seat, as you hurriedly go about preparing food and some tea. Yuuka merely sits at the table, waiting silently in patience, her red eyes watching you with an interested gaze. It was slightly unnerving at first, but you quickly grew used to it - although you wonder what Yuuka finds so interesting about watching you cook and make tea, especially considering your clothes were probably stained with various liquids from work; the thought did remind you that you were running out of clean clothes.

After finishing making lunch and tea, you set the table and pour Yuuka a cup of tea, before you take a seat yourself. The youkai takes a testing sip of the tea, as you help yourself to some as well.

"Tea from the outside, is it?" she asks curiously.

You nod, "Y-yeah, I'm sure it's probably not anywhere near as - "

Yuuka raises her hand again, and you shut your mouth, "Not at all. It's not excellent, but it's certainly drinkable. Do you like drinking tea very much, little flower?"

"It's been something I've been growing to like more and more. It was just hard to afford tea back home..."

"Again, that problem is easily solved in Gensokyo. Tell me, what is it you wanted exactly? I didn't wish to go prying about in your thoughts, since that would be quite rude of me..."

You take a sip of tea before answering, "Well, I didn't think it out too much... I know I wanted to grow some flowers around the house, make it look more attractive and appealing. But I hadn't really thought much about what I could grow that I could eat..."

"Well, we'll just have to solve that, won't we? Fruits, vegetables, spices, herbs... you can even eat the seeds of sunflowers. And with me at your disposal, you have any plant you wish at your fingertips. But, why don't we finish lunch first, then I shall see what I can do, little flower?"

~

Yuuka's first remark as she checked the land around your home, was the fact the soil was very fertile. In fact, she suspected this may be Yukari's doing, as the soil's fertility receeded not too far beyond your house. Seems you were quite spoiled, really. The flower youkai stopped, here and there, to poke a finger into the soil, and marked good spots to grow trees. After she had finished her inspect and marking, she then brought you along with her as she began her work.

Seeds would merely appear in her hands, she would tell you what it was called, before planting them. As she went about planting various flower seeds, along with some other plants such as tea plants, you noticed as you looked behind you, that the recently planted seeds had already began to sprout. In little over an hour, the firstly planted flowers had already begun to slowly bloom. It was breathtaking really, seeing the growing of plants right before your very eyes - an event that normally could take months, reduced to only a matter of minutes within the youkai's presence.

"It's beautiful to watch, isn't it little flower?" comments Yuuka,

"It is... I've never been able to watch a plant go from a seed, to a sprout, to blooming... all of that, within a matter of minutes. It's incredible..."

The youkai chuckled, "Even for me, who has seen it countless times over so many years, I've stopped counting, even I find it still beautiful to watch." Yuuka turned her gaze towards you, "I've done what I can. Now you just need to take care of them all. Controlling the weather is far beyond my power, I'm afraid..."

You can't help but notice that Yuuka's speaking sounds a little strained, and her breathing seemed a little heavy. You open your mouth to comment on that, but are interrupted by the youkai falling to a knee, before collapsing to the ground.

"Y-Yuuka!?"

---

Yuuka!?:
[ ] PANIC!?
[ ] Calm down! Get Yuuka inside?
- [ ] Marisa said she's coming sometime, right? She can get help?
- [ ] Reimu! Reimu would know something, right?
- [ ] Other?
[ ] Yuuka's a flower youkai, so she would be better outside?
- [ ] Aya's feather, could you use it to have Aya come help?
- [ ] Other?
[ ] Mandatory write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Book
o Seeds from Yuuka

System:
> + Yuuka Kazami
>> No. 97003
[ ] Yuuka's a flower youkai, so she would be better outside?
- [ ] Aya's feather, could you use it to have Aya come help?
>> No. 97004
[x] Yuuka's a flower youkai, so she would be better outside?
-[x] Yuuka's a youkai with a human-form, so she should rest on a chair or something comfortable?
[x] Yuuka's a flower youkai, so she should be hidratated: bring some water?
[x] Yuuka's a flower youkai without unlimited power, she must be tired from all the flowers she made: don't panic?
>> No. 97006
[x] Yuuka's a flower youkai, so she would be better outside?
- [x] Have her rest in a well lit spot
- [x] Get her some water to drink
- [x] Aya's feather, could you use it to have Aya come help?

Figured if anyone might know about Yuuka, Aya would be a good choice, that and she could easily get help from Reimu (Her and perhaps Yukari would know the absolute best about Yuuka)

I hope we didn't accidently aflicted something.
>> No. 97021
>>97006
I don't think that Yuuka would appreciate the tengu's visit. Besides, Aya will be more interested in making an article than actually help.
Let's not lose those precious Yuuka points Anon.
>> No. 97027
[x] Yuuka's a flower youkai, so she would be better outside?
-[x] Have her rest in a well lit spot
-[x] Get her some water to drink
-[x] Marisa said she's coming sometime, right? She can get help?
>> No. 97032
>>97021

But there isn't anyone else in Gensokyo asides from Yukari and Reimu that might know more about Yuuka. (I would including Marisa, but I don't think she'd care about what kind of Youkai Yuuka is, just what kind of things she could steal)

Also there's no one faster than Aya, and I'm sure when it's important, she can be counted on.

Also who knows when Marisa will stop by.
>> No. 97033
[x] Yuuka's a flower youkai, so she would be better outside?
-[x] Have her rest in a well lit spot
-[x] Get her some water to drink
-[x] Marisa said she's coming sometime, right? She can get help?
>> No. 97034
[x] Yuuka's a flower youkai, so she would be better outside?
- [x] Have her rest in a well lit spot
- [x] Get her some water to drink
- [x] Aya's feather, could you use it to have Aya come help?
>> No. 97035
[0] Yuuka's a flower youkai, so she would be better outside?
- [1] Have her rest in a well lit spot
- [2] Get her some water to drink
- [3] Aya's feather, could you use it to have Aya come help?
>> No. 97037
[x] Yuuka's a flower youkai, so she would be better outside?
- [x] Have her rest in a well lit spot
- [x] Get her some water to drink
- [x] Aya's feather, could you use it to have Aya come help?

Changing vote.
>> No. 97041
>>97021
Not much of a story here. "Flower youkai makes too many flowers, passes out"?
>> No. 97044
[x] Yuuka's a flower youkai, so she would be better outside?
- [x] Have her rest in a well lit spot
- [x] Get her some water to drink
- [x] Aya's feather, could you use it to have Aya come help?
>> No. 97094
Votes have been collected and writing has started. Due to all the stuff I had to do today, I can only give out one update today.

By tomorrow, the usual schedule of two updates a day should continue.
>> No. 97097
>>97094
That's what I kept telling myself, too... ;_;
>> No. 97111
File 125485435520.png - (23.46KB , 400x450 , 1671.png ) [iqdb]
97111
>>97097
>> No. 97121
>>97097
Don't be so hard on yourself, it may be true that we all want more updates and you too, but it is good like it is now.
So i am asking you to not worry so much about it and just take it easy.
>> No. 97148
You know that feeling when you wake up, and you're like "Ugh, just 5 more minutes..." then it turns into an hour or more?

Yeah. One of those days. I don't want to rush this update, so it'll have to be postponed until sometime tomorrow after PT. I'll do my best to get it up quickly, and get back into the flow of things.
>> No. 97169
File 125492987628.jpg - (94.33KB , 800x600 , 45351.jpg ) [iqdb]
97169
[x] Yuuka's a flower youkai, so she would be better outside?
- [x] Have her rest in a well lit spot
- [x] Get her some water to drink
- [x] Aya's feather, could you use it to have Aya come help?

Deep breaths, first you need to calm down, and clear your mind. If you freak out and panic, flailing about like a moron, you'll get nothing done - and worse, your panicing might have adverse effects on Yuuka! Ok, think you know Yuuka is a youkai, so her body is completely different then your own, and you know she has a strong connection to nature and plants it seems. Perhaps she might have some plant-like qualities herself? Like healing better in the sun, perhaps? You figure it's worth a shot. While you believe carrying Yuuka would probably be better, you suspect you are likely to weak to support the weight of a fully grown woman such as herself.

Opting to instead, carefully, dragging her to a well lit spot around your house. As you kneel by her side, you can see she's still breathing, which relieves you greatly - you don't know what you'd do if Yuuka had simply keeled over dead as a nail right there. Placing your hand on her forehead, you can tell she's running a rather high fever not only due to the heat, but also from the fact your hand was wet with sweat now. With the youkai's condition seeming stable, although her eye are still shut, you decide you should get her some water to drink.

As you hurry on inside, looking for a glass to fill with water, you notice a crow's feather neatly stored away. Upon seeing it, you remember how when you had last used it, a crow had appeared to ferry the message to Aya in little time at all. You know very little about youkai, and even less about Yuuka, but Aya is a youkai herself, and rather knowledgeable. Quickly scribbling out a note for aid, you snatch the feather up and place it with your note outside your window. As early, a crow flutters into view (from where, you're not sure), rolls the note up, holds it in a talon, and flies away.

With the hope of Aya's quick arrival on your mind, you fetch the glass of water, and hurry back outside. Yuuka is still where you found her, sprawled on the grass, her breathing still short and her eyes closed. Seating yourself behind her, you prop her head up and bring the glass of water to her lips - when a thought strikes you. If she's uncouncious, wouldn't she be unable to drink the water to begin with? You gulp nervously, and decide not to risk it - worst case scenario is you'd only make her condition worse.

Fishing about in your various pockets, you manage to recover a mostly clean rag, checking it to make sure you hadn't used anything possibly poisionous on it, you use the glass of water to wet it and place it on Yuuka's forehead. While the youkai's condition didn't seem to be improving, it wasn't worsening either, so you took it as a good sign. As you sat there, with the youkai's head nestled in your lap, you had a funny thought strike you.

With the way she was now, she seemed so very... human. Well, a sick human at any rate, but she hardly seemed dangerous at all. Even though she was suffering from something, her face almost seemed kind of peaceful - and if you aren't imagining it, her expression does seem much more peaceful then it was at first.

"Oi! Your note sounded pretty urgent so I..." yelled a voice, trailing off, "i-is that Yuuka!? What happened to her?"

You look up to see the crow tengu already in front of you, kneeled down to look at the flower youkai. You noticed she quickly went about feeling Yuuka's forehead, and placing her fingers gently on her neck to check for something.

"I'm... not sure. She was just talking and then suddenly, she fell to a knee and collapsed. She's feverish and her breathing is short... I just don't know what to do... I don't even know how she got like this!"

Aya bit her thumb, "What was she doing, before she passed out Reina?"

"Well, I had asked her to help me with growing some plants around the house. She had just gone around planting them, and they were sprouting awfully fast..."

The crow tengu took a peek behind her, noting the variety of blooming and sprouting plants, and nodded, "In that case, I don't imagine it's anything serious. She's probably just exhausted herself. I mean, Yuuka is a powerful youkai and all, but even her powers have limits... she's not supposed to go around planting so many plants, and accelrating their growth so much!" Aya sighed, shaking her head, "I never thought she could be so reckless..."

"It's my fault... I had to go on about wanting to do this and..."

"Hey, don't go blaming yourself now Reina! Yuuka's perfectly aware of what she shouldn't be doing. And look, you did a lot of good here. I mean, bringing her inside wouldn't have been bad exactly, but keeping her outside in the sun is a lot better for her. She should be fine, she'll just need a bit of rest."

You notice Aya's hand twitching slightly as she seems to reach for something, before pulling her hand back as if bitten, you can't help but chuckle a little bit, "You're probably dieing to write about this, aren't you?"

The crow tengu smiled slightly, "Well, yeah I am. But I won't go and do it. Yuuka would probably kill me for one... and, ok well that's the main reason really." she laughed.

---

Well, at least Yuuka is fine...:
[ ] Pass time by chatting with Aya?
- [ ] About? (write-in)
[ ] Ask if you can bring Yuuka indoors?
[ ] Other?

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Book
o Seeds from Yuuka
>> No. 97172
Woah, that was a BIG gesture, coming from Aya and all.

[X] Pass time by chatting with Aya?
- [X] 'Regardless of the reason, I want to thank you for not writing an article about this. I really appreciate it.'
- [X] Your adventures in learning Danmaku (in the rare case she didn't know)
- [x] Ask about some areas you haven't heard of in Gensokyo. Hearing it from her should prove pretty fun.
>> No. 97173
[X] Pass time by chatting with Aya?
- [X] "Regardless of the reason, I want to thank you for not writing an article about this. I really appreciate it."
-[x] Thank Aya for the help as well if that hasn't happened already.
- [X] Your adventures in learning Danmaku (in the rare case she didn't know)
- [x] Ask about some areas you haven't heard of in Gensokyo. Hearing it from her should prove pretty fun.

Well since we have Aya here, perhaps talking with her wouldn't hurt, and Aya said having her out in the sun is a good idea.
>> No. 97174
[x] Pass time by chatting with Aya?
-[x] "Regardless of the reason, I want to thank you for not writing an article about this. I really appreciate it."
-[x] Thank Aya for the help as well if that hasn't happened already.
-[x] Your adventures in learning Danmaku (in the rare case she didn't know)
-[x] Ask about some areas you haven't heard of in Gensokyo. Hearing it from her should prove pretty fun.
>> No. 97175
[x] Pass time by chatting with Aya?
-[x] "Regardless of the reason, I want to thank you for not writing an article about this. I really appreciate it."
-[x] Thank Aya for the help as well if that hasn't happened already.
-[x] Your adventures in learning Danmaku (in the rare case she didn't know)
-[x] Ask about some areas you haven't heard of in Gensokyo. Hearing it from her should prove pretty fun.
>> No. 97222
[x] Pass time by chatting with Aya?
-[x] "Regardless of the reason, I want to thank you for not writing an article about this. I really appreciate it."
-[x] Thank Aya for the help as well if that hasn't happened already.
-[x] Your adventures in learning Danmaku (in the rare case she didn't know)
-[x] Ask about some areas you haven't heard of in Gensokyo. Hearing it from her should prove pretty fun.
>> No. 97223
File 125496723932.jpg - (241.52KB , 700x597 , 30eae95acd6d0bd3e0811058dd6ab567.jpg ) [iqdb]
97223
[x] Pass time by chatting with Aya?
-[x] "Regardless of the reason, I want to thank you for not writing an article about this. I really appreciate it."
-[x] Thank Aya for the help as well if that hasn't happened already.
-[x] Your adventures in learning Danmaku (in the rare case she didn't know)
-[x] Ask about some areas you haven't heard of in Gensokyo. Hearing it from her should prove pretty fun.

Well, Aya herself said it was best to keep Yuuka outside, so you figure you may as well strike up a conversation to help pass the time until Yuuka opened her eyes.

"Uhm, Aya?"

The crow tengu cocks her head to the side, "What's up, Reina?"

"I just wanted to say thank you. I was really pretty worried when Yuuka just collapsed like that and... I just didn't really know what to do. I mean, I thought of some things, but I had no way to know if they would be doing her any good at all... if you hadn't come so soon, I could've tried doing something that could've hurt Yuuka or... worse..."

Aya frowns slightly, "Hey, hey don't discredit yourself too much. Not many people would even try to help Yuuka. They fear her, really and would probably have just left her. Of course, she'd gotten better regardless but... the fact you stayed to help her? That means a lot. I mean, she might give off this kind of loner vibe, but I think she's pretty lonely. It's kind of nice to see her around someone besides her flowers all day."

"Do you know Yuuka?" you ask, noting the way she refers to her.

"Hmmmm, in a matter of speaking. Yuuka has been with Gensokyo for, well... as long as I can remember. And I've been here pretty long."

"Well, how long is that?"

"I think it's been about, oh... a thousand years or so? I was actually among the first group of youkai to come and settle in Gensokyo. You might not believe it, but not all the youkai decided to live here. Of course, the ones who didn't are long dead by now."

You repress your initial urge to freak out at learning Aya is at least a thousand years old, "W-well, for being over a thousand, you don't look old at all."

The crow tengu laughs, carefully sitting down on the grass, "It's nice to know I don't look that old at all, I can't imagine how that'd look... it's really kind of a shame you humans age so quickly. Youkai can, eventually, age like that but it takes a very long time... and with magic, well, you can kind of delay it almost forever. Of course, I don't use magic, I'm just this good." she laughed again, grinning.

You take a quick glance down at Yuuka's face, noting her fever seemed to be residing a bit, "Oh! I'd like to thank you for coming to help me too Aya. And for not writing about this either, even if it's just fear for Yuuka possibly turning you into plant fertilizer." you tease.

"Ah, don't mention it at all, really. Well, I'll be honest a bit here too... you were pretty mad last time, when I went and took all those photos and everything right? I just kind of remember that still, I didn't really want to get you mad at me for something like that again." she paused, and bit her thumb, "Though, I still need a scoop..."

"I'm sure you'll find something by the day's end Aya. You seem to always have something in the Bunbunmaru every day, so you find something, right?"

Aya glances in your direction a moment, "Uhhh... y-yeah. Of course I do."

"Well, on another topic... have you heard of what I've been spending some of my time doing?"

The tengu, turns her head to look at you, "You've been up to something? And I haven't heard about it!?" she gasps in surprise.

"I've only started doing it recently, but I've been trying to learn danmaku actually..."

"Really? An outsider learning danmaku? I didn't think outsiders could even learn danmaku!" you see Aya reaching for something again, before jerking her hand back, "Come on Reina, you've gotta let me write this! Pleeassseee!?"

You laugh, "Ok, ok Aya. I'll let you write all about it. I think that's a fair trade for you missing a story about Yuuka, right?"

"More then fair! This'll be great!"

~

After a somewhat quick, and informal 'interview' the two of you had begun to just talk a bit. The usual pointless chatter, although you had asked Aya some questions regarding Gensokyo itself. You've only seen such a small portion of it and you suspect Aya probably knows a lot about Gensokyo in general. Of interesting note, is the fact there's another shrine maiden living up on Youkai Mountain by the name of Sanae. She also mentions a bit about the Forest of Magic and Eientei, noting that each is rather dangerous in their own way.

As Marisa had mentioned, the Forest was likely to try to just eat you. Eientei was surronded by the Bamboo Forest which seemed to have a power of its own to make people wander within its confines forever, until either wild youkai ate them or they starved to death. Apparently, Mokou herself lived within the Bamboo Forest and had often guided people to Eientei.

She also mentioned a white wolf tengu, named Momizi, that seemed to serve as a sort of 'underling' of Aya. Although she didn't go into much detail about her, and you could only assume Momizi worked for Aya. As your conversation began to slow, the tengu glanced over at Yuuka, and peered at her closely, rubbing her chin.

"Something wrong, Aya?" you ask, looking down at Yuuka as well.

"Well, no not wrong but... I think Yuuka's actually... sleeping? I don't think she's even weak anymore... it just looks like she's sleeping." she glances up at you, "She must really like you, if she's willing to sleep in your lap like that."

Your face reddens slightly in embarrassment, "I-I'm sure it's nothing all that special..."

"Tsk, tsk. It's very special! Really, Yuuka looks very peaceful... is sleeping in your lap that comfy? Maybe I'll need to test it out myself, to find out..." teased the tengu, laughing.

---

Yuuka's asleep, what should you do?:
[ ] Well no point in waking her...
- [ ] Decide to just take a nap outside?
- [ ] Other? (write-in)
[ ] You really don't want to wake her, but being outside all day...
- [ ] Wake her up, carefully and ask to go inside?
- [ ] Other? (write-in)
[ ] Write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Book
o Seeds from Yuuka

System:
> ++ Aya Shameimaru
> ++ Yuuka Kazami
>> No. 97225
[x] If Aya's going, say farewell.
[x] Well no point in waking her...
- [x] Decide to just take a nap outside?

Nothing wrong with a nice nap, and chances are Yuuka will hold Reina's head in her lap.
>> No. 97227
[x] If Aya's going, say farewell.
[x] Well no point in waking her...
- [x] Decide to just take a nap outside?
>> No. 97229
Checking the weather, there's a chance of T-storms pretty much all day after 4AM when I'm in school, so I won't have my laptop.

If that happens, they'll keep us until it clears up or something. So I might possibly be delayed, if it starts to storm really bad. I was hoping the storms would start NOW, so I wouldn't have to go to school to begin with, but... well... yeah.
>> No. 97233
[x] If Aya's going, say farewell.
[x] Well no point in waking her...
- [x] Decide to just take a nap outside?
>> No. 97242
[0] If Aya's going, say farewell.
[1] Well no point in waking her...
-[2] Decide to just take a nap outside?
>> No. 97249
Would you mind giving us a list of how many points we've gained with each character?
>> No. 97267
File 125501574650.jpg - (281.67KB , 800x800 , 4f4a0a9d84d2f000687452c844ca7b26.jpg ) [iqdb]
97267
[x] If Aya's going, say farewell.
[x] Well no point in waking her...
- [x] Decide to just take a nap outside?

The weather was pretty nice, and there was hardly a cloud in the sky. Maybe staying outside wouldn't be such a problem, and you didn't really want to wake Yuuka. Not only did you fear she might be upset by it, she just looked so comfortable and content. It'd be a shame to rouse her from sleep, just because you wanted to be inside.

"Think it'll rain, Aya?" you ask.

"I don't think so. The kappa didn't mention anything about it. Should be clear and sunny all day... chilly at night though. But Yuuka will be up long before that."

You nod, "Well, that's good to know. Would be a pretty bad day if it started to pour, while I was out here."

"Planning on staying outside until she wakes up?" asks the tengu curiously.

"I suppose it can't hurt. I don't really want to wake her up either... she looks pretty peaceful, doesn't she?"

"Well, suppose you have a point there... though, I have to say just lazing around out here..." the tengu stretches her arms out, and flops onto the grass, "sounds pretty good. Don't mind, do ya?"

You shake your head, "Not at all. Though afraid you'll have to find your own pillow."

The crow tengu laughs, "Seems Yuuka's monoploizing on the most handy pillow in the house... oh well, I guess she did get to it first."

Of course, you yourself lack a pillow, and will have to make due with the grass for comfort. Not that's terribly bad, but you sure wish you had a pillow or something, regardless. Going to take some work, picking all that grass and stuff out of your hair later... carefully laying down in the grass, making sure not to disturb Yuuka, you do your best to take a little bit of a nap...

~

You are awoken from your slumber, by something poking you in the forehead. Multiple times, until you manage to open your eyes with a groan. The sudden sun shining into your eyes, makes you squint and shield your face from the sun. At least you knew you couldn't have been asleep for too horribly long.

"Sorry ta wake ya up Reina!" declares a voice, that you instantly can recognize by the speech, "But, well you were the only one still sleepin'."

Sitting up, you rub at your eyes before blinking a bit to clear your blurred vision. Standing in front of you is Marisa, and you can spot Aya as well, but see no sign of Yuuka. Looking about worriedly, the witch and tengu both take note of your confusion.

"Oh, don't worry Reina. Yuuka already woke up. She went inside to prepare some tea." said Aya,

"Yeah, she was awake before I got here actually. She was just sittin' by your side, and when she saw me she went and woke Aya up, mumbled somethin' and then hurried on inside!" the witch shook her head and shrugged, "Oh! That reminds me, I hope you don't mind much but I uh, brought Alice along. She's inside too."

Your last encounter with Alice flashes to mind, before you push it aside, "No, no that's alright... but ah, may I ask why you brought her along?"

The witch shrugged, slinging her broom over her shoulder, "Well, she kept askin' to come along when I was at home, makin' some mushroom stuff... err, don't worry though, I don't think she's in a bad mood or anythin' ze."

"Her mood does seem a lot better then when I last ran into her, I'll admit. Well, at least she looks better." the tengu shrugged, "But I don't know her very well. Anyway, that aside... you wanna head on inside now Reina?"

You nod and get up off the grass, brushing off bits of grass from your clothing and hair, as you follow the witch and tengu indoors. Once inside, you are directed to the kitchen, where you find Yuuka and Alice seated at the table. Both are drinking from tea cups (which you notice aren't the ones you own, you wonder whose they are...) and when they notice your arrival they put down their cups.

"Good to see you're up and about, little flower." says Yuuka, smiling ever so slightly, "Have a good nap?"

You nod, taking a seat at the table, where Alice pours you a cup of tea, "It felt a little short, but it was rather refreshing."

"I'm sorry about coming over here, uninvited and all..." speaks up Alice suddenly, "but, er... I just wanted to apologize about how I treated you that last time. It was... uncalled for. I'm sorry."

You have to admit, you're rather surprised to see the puppeteer's change of heart, you can't help but wonder what brought about the blonde youkai's change of heart, "I-It's ok, really. We all have bad days, right?"

Alice stares at you for a moment, out of surprise perhaps? Before she nods slowly, "Yes... yes we do. Uhm, if you don't mind Reina... may we speak? In private that is..."

---

Speaking with Alice?:
[ ] Well, why not?
- [ ] Go speak outside?
- [ ] Speak upstairs?
- [ ] Other?
[ ] Decline...
- [ ] If she wants to talk, she can say it here?
- [ ] Other?
[ ] Mandatory write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Book
o Seeds from Yuuka

System:
> ++ Yuuka Kazami
>> No. 97269
[x] Well, why not?
-[x] Speak upstairs?
>> No. 97270
>>97249
Don't look at if you want points to be secret, etc. etc.
Reposted due to a typo being pointed out.


Marisa Kirisame 13
Yuuka Kazami 10
Reimu Hakurei 6
Aya Shameimaru 3
Sakuya Izayoi 2
Suika Ibuki 2
Fujiwara no Mokou 2
Keine Kamishirasawa 1
Unknown... 1
'Eientei' 1 (Everyone in Eientei, basically)
Alice Margatroid -2

>> No. 97276
[x] Well, why not?
-[x] Speak upstairs
>> No. 97278
[x] Well, why not?
-[x] Speak upstairs
>> No. 97284
[x] Well, why not?
-[x] Speak upstairs?
>> No. 97344
File 125504610479.png - (217.24KB , 635x800 , 68ec7caa2eb28b5db6d656d1dbb8f568.png ) [iqdb]
97344
[x] Well, why not?
-[x] Speak upstairs?

You nod at Alice, "Sure. Want to go speak upstairs or something, Alice?"

The blonde puppeteer nods, "Yeah, that'll work. Ah, thank you for the tea Yuuka. I'll be right back..."

"Just ah, wait here everyone. I'll be back in a little bit too..." you announce to the room.

You get out of your seat and head upstairs, Alice following behind you. Once upstairs, you head to your room where you plop down in bed, as she takes a seat on the chair.

"So, ah... what was it you wanted to talk about, Alice?"

"Er, well... Marisa told me some things about you. I mean, that book of yours, you know? She mentioned you told Patchouli about it, through Sakuya, but honestly? I don't see her coming out of the mansion for much of anything, so I figured I could help you out. I mean, we're both magician youkai, and although I own only this one grimoire here, I probably know quite a bit myself about them."

You frown slightly, while you don't suspect Alice is completely lieing, you can tell she's obviously avoiding something. Plus, that was hardly something you had to ask in private about, "What aren't you saying Alice? I mean, if all you wanted was to help me research my grimoire here, you could've asked that in front of Yuuka, Aya, and Marisa... yet you wanted to talk in private. What was it you wanted to ask, for real?"

Alice opens her mouth, then closes it, then opens it again, "W-well... you're right. That wasn't all there was to it..." she sighed, and shook her head, getting up and pacing around, "this is... awkward to ask is all. Just, gimme a moment, alright?"

You nod, as the puppeteer paces back and forth a bit. You hadn't noticed it earlier, but you can see a pair of dolls seated on her shoulders. They don't seem to be doing anything, beyond sitting there, looking at their creator in puzzlement. Alice bites her thumb, before she opens her mouth to speak again.

"Ok, well this isn't easy for me to ask Reina. But, I've been dying to know, so I should just get to the point and ask..." she sighs, and takes a deep breath, "what... what does Marisa mean to you? Is she your friend or... or... well, you know..."

You cock your head to the side quizzically, "What does she mean to me?"

The blonde youkai nods her head, "Yes! I... I need to know. Please Reina, won't you tell me? It's been something I've been wondering for the past few days, since I've seen her spending so much time with you... I, I just need to know, ok? Please?"

---

What does Marisa mean to you...?:
[ ] Marisa is...
- [ ] Write-in
[ ] Ignore her question?
[ ] Mandatory write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Book
o Seeds from Yuuka
>> No. 97347
[x] Marisa is...
- [x] A friend. You're not sure how she feels about you, but to you she's a good friend.
>> No. 97351
[x] Marisa is...
- [x] A friend. You're not sure how she feels about you, but to you she's a good friend.
- [x] While concealing those unknown feelings plaguing you (Reina)
>> No. 97352
[x] Marisa is...
- [x] Someone special to me. My closest friend since I've arrived to Gensokyo.
>> No. 97354
[x] Marisa is...
- [x] A friend. You're not sure how she feels about you, but to you she's a good friend.

I am more interested in Yuuka.
>> No. 97359
[0] Marisa is...
-[1] A friend. You're not sure how she feels about you, but to you she's a good friend.
>> No. 97364
[x] Marisa is...
- [x] Someone special to me. My closest friend since I've arrived to Gensokyo.
>> No. 97369
[x] Marisa is...
-[x] A friend. You're not sure how she feels about you, but to you she's a good friend.
>> No. 97371
File 125505294126.jpg - (529.40KB , 1344x920 , ef62d0c048274c78058bf20d067580c7.jpg ) [iqdb]
97371
[x] Marisa is...
- [x] Someone special to me. My closest friend since I've arrived to Gensokyo.

I've liked where this was going since the bath scene and I want it to keep going there. Marisa can't resist our moe much longer.
>> No. 97383
[x] Marisa is...
- [x] A friend. You're not sure how she feels about you, but to you she's a good friend.
>> No. 97428
[x] Marisa is...
-[x] A friend. You're not sure how she feels about you, but to you she's a good friend.
>> No. 97436
File 125509535493.jpg - (235.45KB , 752x840 , 2dba0f684a175210fc7d9ae7a6f297f2.jpg ) [iqdb]
97436
[x] Marisa is...
- [x] A friend. You're not sure how she feels about you, but to you she's a good friend.

You frown, folding your arms across your chest as you think over Alice's question. What was Marisa to you? She was certainly your first true friend, not only in Gensokyo, but overall really. The two of you had regularly spent time with one another, and perhaps shared a few awkward moments (at least for you), not to mention some instances of not knowing what you were thinking at all.

Still, all in all...

"She's a friend. A very good one at that. I enjoy spending time with her, I really do. I... never really had many friends, and she was so... energetic. I don't know what she thinks of me, but I'd like to say she's a very good friend. Does that help, Alice?"

The puppeteer nods her head, "Y-yeah. Thank you, Reina. It's just, well, I've been friends with Marisa since she was a kid... so, I guess I got a little jealous, that someone she had only just met, was spending so much time with her, and seeming so close!" the blonde sighed, running a hand through her hair, "Geez, I bet I sound really strange right now, don't I? I'm sorry."

You laugh, shaking your head, "No, no. It's fine, really. It's nice to know you aren't still angry at me, I still remember when you saved my life from those wild youkai. If you think about it, I'd probably be dead right now if you hadn't come to help me that night."

"I never really thought about that... I'm sure Reimu would've..." the girl trailed off, "actually, you're right. Without me, you'd been youkai food."

You laugh, "Well, did you want to talk about anything else Alice? Or do you want to head back downstairs, and have some tea or something? I could cook up something to eat..."

"Oh no, no. I'll cook this time, I brought some food along... consider it my treat for coming here unannounced." replied Alice with a smile,

You suppose it would be rather rude to turn down the offer for free food, and politely agree. The two of you head back downstairs, where you see Yuuka, Aya, and Marisa all seated at the table. The tengu and witch seemed to be engaged in a discussion about something, while the flower youkai merely sits in silence, quietly drinking her tea. Upon Alice's arrival, the witch seems to take note and waves over at her, and to you as well.

You hadn't noticed it earlier, but aside from the dolls perched atop Alice's shoulders, you notice a few more in the kitchen. Perhaps you had missed them earlier, for they weren't moving, but now you saw them moving about preparing the kitchen for Alice, so you would assume. Joining the group at the table, you are given a cup of tea from Yuuka, which you happily accept. The tengu and witch restart their conversation, but you aren't really paying too much attention - though you think it's something regarding the horde of items Marisa has stashed in her home.

As Alice focuses on her cooking, and Aya and Marisa seem engrossed in their conversation, Yuuka rises from her seat and gestures for you to follow her. Placing your tea cup down, you get up from your seat and follow her out into the shop area of the house. She peers over into the kitchen, before looking at you.

"Thank you for earlier, little flower. I suppose I had... overextended, my limits. I apologize for worrying you, Reina."

You shake your head, "No, no. I should be apologizing! After all, it's only because of me you even wanted to grow all those plants..."

"Tsk, tsk. Now, now Reina, while you wanted something it was my own mistake that I did such a foolish thing. Don't blame yourself in the least, little flower." she cocked her head to the side, "And ah, before I forget. Your lap makes a delightfully comfortable pillow, little flower."

Your face reddens as the youkai laughs, playfully ruffling your hair. She returns to the kitchen as you fix your messed up hair, and return yourself.

"It'll be a little bit until the food is ready I'm afraid, but it'll be good!" announaces Alice,

"Ah, Alice's food is great! It'll be well worth the wait ze!" comments the witch with a grin.

"I hope you don't mind if I stay, do you Reina?" asks the tengu, spotting you.

You shake your head, "Not at all. You're welcome to stay, Yuuka too. It's nice to have company..."

"It'll be almost like a little party!" laughs Marisa,

---

Killin' time until food:
[ ] Pass the time by chatting with...
- [ ] Yuuka?
- [ ] Marisa?
- [ ] Aya?
- [ ] Alice?
[ ] A party, huh?
- [ ] Suggest if anyone wants to stay the night?
- [ ] Other? (write-in)
[ ] Mandatory write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Book
o Seeds from Yuuka

System:
> + Alice Margatroid
>> No. 97440
[x] A party, huh?
- [x] Suggest if anyone wants to stay the night?
[x] If there's still time to kill cooking,
- [x] Talk to Alice about recent events in both your lives.
>> No. 97442
[x] A party, huh?
- [x] Suggest if anyone wants to stay the night?
[x] If there's still time to kill cooking,
- [x] Talk to Alice about recent events in both your lives.
>> No. 97444
[x] A party, huh?
- [x] Suggest if anyone wants to stay the night?
[x] If there's still time to kill cooking,
- [x] Talk to Alice about recent events in both your lives.
>> No. 97445
[x] A party, huh?
- [x] Suggest if anyone wants to stay the night?
[x] If there's still time to kill cooking,
- [x] Talk to Alice about recent events in both your lives.
>> No. 97451
The reason I picked the party vote is that it's a rare chance to have a mix of people, and it'll be nice to have a little get together.

As for the Alice part? Might as well finish mending the damaged bridge and I think she'd be interested in our danmaku training.
>> No. 97459
[x] A party, huh?
- [x] Suggest if anyone wants to stay the night?
[x] If there's still time to kill cooking,
- [x] Talk to Alice about recent events in both your lives.

It would be nice to bond with Alice. We may get a Alice-doll option for danmaku.
>> No. 97474
File 12551187363.jpg - (135.21KB , 600x848 , 4537505b78966a124d3211eec7c6b86b.jpg ) [iqdb]
97474
[x] A party, huh?
- [x] Suggest if anyone wants to stay the night?
[x] If there's still time to kill cooking,
- [x] Talk to Alice about recent events in both your lives.

"Well, if it's a party why don't we make it a sleepover too?" you suggest with a smile.

Marisa cheers, "Sleepover at Reina's!"

"Can you even house this many? No offense, but your house doesn't look too large..." points out Aya,

"Well, the bed can fit two or three, maybe... and I have a spare room... it might not be the most comfortable but, well..."

"It seems fair enough to me." comments Alice, "Besides, sharing a bed isn't too bad. More warmth, right?"

The tengu seemed to ponder this, before shrugging, "Seems fair. But who gets to share with whom?"

Marisa and Aya begin to debate over how to settle the room arrangements. You decide to take the time to speak to Alice some more, now that she doesn't hate your guts, it might not be a bad idea to get to know her some.

"How is the food coming?" you ask curiously, noting even the dolls are helping with the food.

"It's almost done, just a little bit longer... you're not too hungry, are you?"

"I can wait, I was just curious is all! So, ah... anything special going on lately?"

The puppeteer paused, pondering a moment, "Special? Well, nothing horribly special. I've just been doing my usual work... have been working on a few new dolls, actually. Do you like dolls, Reina?"

"I've never really owned any, but I've fixed some for children from time to time."

"Really? Maybe I could make you something, would you like that, perhaps?" suggest Alice with a smile,

You return the smile, "That would sound rather delightful. Speaking of dolls are they..."

"Alive? No, no. While magic does exist here in Gensokyo, it's pretty complex to just make something that's not alive, be alive. Now you're probably thinking on how it looks like they're alive but..." the blonde youkai giggles, "it's a secret. Let's just leave it at that. What have you been doing lately?"

"Well, I do have some work for the Mansion to finish and I've been starting danmaku lessons... has Marisa mentioned that?"

Alice nods, "Actually I did hear her mention that. It's quite something, being able to learn danmaku... for an outsider I mean. I don't really remember an outsider being capable of doing that."

"I've heard that a few times now, so I guess it must be true." you chuckle, "Think you could teach me a thing or two sometime?"

"Me? Well, well... have to say I didn't expect you to ask. Who knows? Perhaps I could... but you'd have to show me you can actually perform danmaku. From what Marisa has said, you haven't actually been able to do it yet, you just know how."

"Sounds about right. Well, I'll remember you said that so once I do learn it, I'll come and bug you about it."

Alice laughs, "I don't know about that. Even if you knew danmaku, visiting me in the Forest of Magic might be a little too much for you. I'm sure Marisa will be ranting all about it when it happens, I'll know don't worry."

"Oi! Reina! C'mere a second ze!" yells Marisa,

Alice sighs and shrugs, shooing you away to go see what Marisa wants.

"Yes, yes what is it Marisa? And no need to yell, I was right there..."

"Well, me and Aya can't agree on the sleepin' arrangements! So since you're in charge of it and all, how about you pick? That'll settle it ze!"

"Whose staying the night?" you ask.

"Everyone. I asked Yuuka, and she'll stay the night as well. So you need to think of a way to have..." the tengu pauses to count, "five people sleep in your house. Good luck?" Aya laughs teasingly,

---

Sleeping arrangements...:
[ ] How about...
- [ ] Write-in sleeping arrangements
[ ] What to do for fun until bed time?
- [ ] Suggest a game? (write-in)
[ ] Mandatory write-in

- Pick all that apply.

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Book
o Seeds from Yuuka

System:
> + Alice Margatroid
>> No. 97477
[x] How about...
-[x] Your Bedroom
--[x] You, Yuuka and Aya.
-[x] Spare Guest Room
--[x] Alice and Marisa

[x] What to do for fun until bed time?
- [x] Don't you have any board games? Check if you have Monopoly or not. If not, you could always teach them a new card game. Perhaps War or Gin Rummy.
>> No. 97478
Is it just me, or does the main character feel more and more marysueish? I mean, sure, it's ok if the MC is liked, but the harem collection rate in such a short time is somewhat off... I can't quite put my finger on exactly what feels off here, but I'm certain not everything is quite in order here. Not that I don't like the CYOA overall, but the bugging has only gotten worse as the thread progressed.
>> No. 97482
>>97478

It's just you; and chances are if it was a guy, you'd be going "FUCK YEAR! POTENTIAL ORGY!"

And is there a problem with a friendly sleepover?
>> No. 97483
>>97478

I wouldn't really consider this a harem. We've picked choices that have led to positive and negative results and been given and taken away relationship points as the writer see's appropriate.
>> No. 97487
>>97478
>marysue harem blah blah
It's called making friends. We're being outgoing and meeting friendly people and having good times with them and meeting their friends. I know, sounds crazy, right?
>> No. 97491
>>97478
Conflict. You want conflict. You think that all this is just a big introduction to something else.

That's how I feel at least.
>> No. 97493
>>97491

I don't think this will have much action in it; this seems more a Slice of Life CYOA. And some of us like that. There's plenty of other stories with more than enough action for your tastes.
>> No. 97495
[x] How about...
-[x] Your Bedroom
--[x] You, Yuuka and Aya.
-[x] Spare Guest Room
--[x] Alice and Marisa

[x] What to do for fun until bed time?
- [x] Don't you have any board games? Check if you have Monopoly or not. If not, you could always teach them a new card game. Perhaps War or Gin Rummy.

Come on people, vote.
>> No. 97496
[x] How about...
-[x] Your Bedroom
--[x] You, Yuuka and Aya.
-[x] Spare Guest Room
--[x] Alice and Marisa

[x] What to do for fun until bed time?
- [x] Don't you have any board games? Check if you have Monopoly or not. If not, you could always teach them a new card game. Perhaps War or Gin Rummy.
>> No. 97498
Wait, wait, who are people aiming for in this? Are we already surrendering Marisa to Alice?
>> No. 97499
>>97498

I'm interested in Yuuka personally.

Only she deserves to use our lap as a pillow.
>> No. 97500
[x] How about...
-[x] Your Bedroom
--[x] You, Yuuka and Marisa.
-[x] Spare Guest Room
--[x] Alice and Aya

[x] What to do for fun until bed time?
- [x] Don't you have any board games? Check if you have Monopoly or not. If not, you could always teach them a new card game. Perhaps War or Gin Rummy.
>> No. 97501
>monopoly
I thought people were trying to make friends, not lose them
>> No. 97502
>>97498

But a bit of bonding never hurts our position, and who knows it might pay off in terms of Marisa pursuit (bonus Alice)
>> No. 97526
[x] How about...
-[x] Your Bedroom
--[x] You, Yuuka and Aya.
-[x] Spare Guest Room
--[x] Alice and Marisa
>> No. 97538
File 125515992695.jpg - (235.52KB , 800x753 , 7cb7b4a63c91922c5e310686bc41fb98.jpg ) [iqdb]
97538
[x] How about...
-[x] Your Bedroom
--[x] You, Yuuka and Aya.
-[x] Spare Guest Room
--[x] Alice and Marisa

[x] What to do for fun until bed time?
- [x] Don't you have any board games? Check if you have Monopoly or not. If not, you could always teach them a new card game. Perhaps War or Gin Rummy.

Your bed was probably able to fit three people, and the guest room could support the last two... but how to go about arranging it all? Sleeping in your room was a given, but then who would you end up sharing it with? You had shared the bed with Marisa a few times now, but this time she had brought company of her own, and while Alice wasn't hostile to you anymore, you weren't sure how well she might react to sharing a bed with you.

Plus, Alice and Marisa had been friends for quite some time. You weren't sure how old Marisa was but, Alice claimed to have known her since she was a kid, they would probably be more then comfortable sharing a bed for the night. So that left Aya and Yuuka to sleep in your room then... seemed easy enough. Was going to be a tad crowded in that bed of yours though...

Taking a seat the table, as the puppeteer went about serving out food, you bring up the sleeping arrangements.

"Well, for tonight then... Alice and Marisa can share the guest room. Then, if neither of you mind, Aya and Yuuka in my room?" you ask, eyeing Alice's food hungerily.

"I don't have a problem with that! I haven't got to sleep in the same bed as Alice for a while, ze. She doesn't like me stayin' the night usually or somethin'." replied Marisa before digging into the food,

"Because things of mine always end up missing in the morning... but I don't have a problem with that, thank you Reina." said Alice, sighing at her friend's eating habits,

The tengu testingly took a bite of the food, before her eyes lit up, "Wow! This food is great Alice! I didn't know you could cook so well... and, ah about the sleeping arrangements... I suppose I don't mind. Although, er... Yuuka do you...?"

"It's acceptable. It's been a while since I've slept in a bed actually."

"Where else would you sleep?" asked the witch curiously.

"Why, outside of course." replied the youkai simply.

"You sleep outside all the time Yuuka? Isn't it kind of cold sometimes? Or the weather is bad?" you ask with a slight frown.

Yuuka shrugs her shoulders slightly, "Some nights, yes. But I've grown used to it, little flower. The plants can offer various ways of shelter as well..."

You were beginning to suspect Aya was correct about Yuuka's lonely lifestyle. It was like the plants served as replacements for any sort of friends, although the fact she seemed to happy to be around you, did that mean you were more important then her plants? Or were you less? You didn't really think of asking her of course, but it was some good food for thought.

Alice was quite the accomplished cook, and lunch was full of praise for the food and the normal pointless banter friends engage in over food. Dishes were also handled by Alice, or more specifically her small legion of dolls she had brought, and you had suggested some kind of entertainment to pass time.

"I have some board games, if you wanted to try some of those?"

"Board games? What kind of board games ze?" asked Marisa,

You rack your memory for your small collection of games, "Well, how about Monopoly?"

"Monopoly? What's that?" asked the tengu quizzically, cocking her head to the side.

"You've never heard of... ah, right well guess this is Gensokyo and all... but well, it's a board game where you pretend to be managing all these properties. The goal is to buy them, make them better, and make everyone else be bankrupt. So I guess it's a game all about money?"

"Money and management, basically? Maybe you should consider showing it to Reimu sometime, those are things she could use..." commented Alice with a smile,

"It sounds fun! I'll play!" said the witch with a grin.

The remaining trio of youkai all agreed as well, and you headed upstairs to fetch the box from upstairs. The box itself was unmarked and generic, although you had written in big letters 'Monopoly' on top of it. It was slightly depressing seeing the box, it was covered in a pretty fine layer of dust, and it only served to remind you how little interaction you ever had with people back home. Maybe you were more like Yuuka then you thought, only you didn't even have plants for company.

Well, the past was the past. You may have been lonely before, but now you had begun to make many friends, all of whom you enjoyed spending time with and they seemed to enjoy your company as well. Being sent to Gensokyo, may have been the best thing to happen in your life really...

~

While at first everyone was playing the game, Yuuka had to leave during the middle of it to 'get something more suitable for sleeping', as she put it. And it seemed once she left, Marisa had suspiciously become very good at the game - leading to the unavoidable accusation that the witch was cheating and had merely been avoiding that while Yuuka was around.

"Too bad I can't turn this into real money! I'd be rich ze!" taunted Marisa,

Alice had landed on another of Marisa's properties, resulting in her becoming broke, she sighed loudly, "Marisa is just too good at this game... the underhanded aspects of it anyway..."

Aya was nearing bankruptcy herself, and could only shake her head, "No kidding... Marisa would sure make some kind of crooked business owner."

You yourself had lost quite a while ago, being the first victim of Marisa after Yuuka's departure actually.

"Me? Crooked!? I'm just lucky is all ze!" replied the witch stubbornly.

Alice and Aya both rolled their eyes and you could only just chuckle. There was no proof of course, but considering what you had heard of Marisa, the fact she might be cheating now didn't seem too farfetched.

"I wonder what's taking Yuuka so long, she should be back by now, shouldn't she?" asked the tengu, frowning slightly as she rolled the dice.

"Maybe she came in a different way?" commented Alice with a shrug, "Is there any other way in besides the front, Reina?"

"Well, maybe a window? I don't see why she'd go climbing into one but... there are some windows open upstairs. I should probably go get those closed actually, and get the fire going before it gets too chilly..."

Heading upstairs, you first check the guest room, making sure the windows are good and the room itself looks neat and tidy. No need to give Alice and Marisa a sloppy room to sleep in tonight after all. Peering into your own room, you notice the bathroom door is shut - it hadn't been closed when you came in earlier. The window was also open, as it was before, so perhaps Yuuka really had come in through a window, although you can't possibly imagine why. When you shut the window, you hear a voice from within the bathroom.

"Sorry to come in through a window, but I didn't wish to disturb your game, little flower."

"It's no problem at all. Did you get the change of clothes, Yuuka?"

"Of course little flower. Would you like to see?"

You weren't sure, but Yuuka's voice almost sounded... teasing then. Before you can answer, you see the bathroom doorknob turn, and the door opens with Yuuka stepping out of it. Her 'pajamas' aren't what you had expected at all. It was actually kind of... cute. And rather pink, something you hadn't expected to see from her at all. It even had a little cap! You couldn't even think of how to respond to this amazing revelation, and after a while your mind is snapped out of its stupor, by the youkai's chuckle.

"Very unexpected, isn't it little flower? I haven't worn these in quite some time... feels almost like a lifetime ago."

"T-they look nice though! I just, yeah... never expected that at all." you laugh weakly, rubbing the back of your head.

Yuuka smiled slightly, "Thank you Reina. I'll just be waiting up here... you'll becoming to sleep soon, won't you?"

There was that teasing tone again, "S-sure. I'll just uh, go see what everyone else is up too..."

You quickly scurry out of the room, as you hear the youkai chuckle again. When you get downstairs, you see Alice packing up the game of Monopoly, Marisa had won of course, and Aya was arguing with the witch over something, but the argument died down before you could hear.

"Well Yuuka is here, she came in through the window actually. Here I thought only Aya liked coming into homes via a window..." you teased.

The tengu stuck her tongue out at you playfully, "Well, guess I'll get some sleep then. I'll have to leave early in the morning, so I might be gone by the time you wake up Reina. Don't be alarmed, alright?"

"Come on Alice! Let's go to bed ze~!" declared the witch gleefully, pulling on Alice's arm.

You laugh and shake your head, as Alice is more or less dragged upstairs by Marisa. You head upstairs yourself, seeing Yuuka already in bed, as you lock yourself in the bathroom to get dressed for bed - Aya mentions she doesn't have any nightwear with her, and since she'll leave in the morning, that she'll just sleep as is. When you emerge from the bathroom, you note Yuuka is sleeping on one side, and Aya on the other, with the middle vacant - almost as if it was waiting for you.

"I don't think Yuuka would like it if I slept next to her, so I'm afraid that's really the only real spot here, Reina." teased Aya with a wink,

Blushing slightly, you crawl onto the bed and take your spot inbetween the two youkai. Aya leans over to whisper in your ear.

"I have to admit, I haven't seen Yuuka dressed up like that in centuries. And don't worry, I won't be getting any midnight munchies..." the tengu chuckled quietly, "good night Reina."

Hugging the blankets close to yourself, you do your best to sleep - despite knowing you're sleeping inbetween a pair of youkai. Not that you worry they might eat you, but considering how you seemed to have the tendancy to wake up in awkward situations with those in your bed, well...

---

What to do in the morning?:
[ ] WRITE-IN

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Book
o Seeds from Yuuka

System:
> + Yuuka Kazami
> + Aya Shameimaru

50th update! Just thought some of you may find that interesting.
>> No. 97545
[+] In the morning... WAFFLES!
>> No. 97546
[x] Make breakfast for your remaining houseguests.
-[x] In the morning... WAFFLES!
>> No. 97550
[x] Make breakfast for your remaining houseguests.
-[x] In the morning... WAFFLES!
>> No. 97552
[0] Make breakfast for your remaining houseguests.
-[1] In the morning... WAFFLES!
>> No. 97554
[x] Deal with things as they are the next morning after falling asleep.
[x] Make breakfast for your remaining houseguests.
-[x] In the morning... WAFFLES!

Just answering the matter of before we fall asleep.

I can Yuuka end up doing something cute.
>> No. 97557
[x] Make breakfast for your remaining houseguests.
-[x] In the morning... WAFFLES!
>> No. 97558
File 125518036379.jpg - (153.90KB , 348x386 , clearly.jpg ) [iqdb]
97558
>>97554
>> No. 97565
[x] In the morning... EGGS!

Get it right.
>> No. 97566
[T] Make breakfast for your remaining houseguests.
-[T] In the morning... WAFFLES!

Don't forget the honey or maple syrup.
>> No. 97577
File 125519895883.jpg - (73.89KB , 560x560 , be4465171e9266fd125058feead50cd1.jpg ) [iqdb]
97577
[x] Make breakfast for your remaining houseguests.
-[x] In the morning... WAFFLES!

Yawning, you sit up in bed, scratching at the back of your head. You had manage to make it through the night without incident, and you could see the sun just starting to stream in through the closed window. Looking around you, you notice Aya had left true to her word, but Yuuka was still soundly asleep. Carefully getting out of bed, so as to not wake the youkai, you slip out of the room, closing the door quietly behind you. Creeping down the hall, you peek into the guest room to check up on Marisa and Alice.

Judging by their positions, they must've snuggled or something during the night, but they were still both soundly asleep. You close the door quietly, so as to not wake them as well. Being the only one awake at the moment, you decide it'd be a good idea to make some breakfast - you can't take a bath or anything, since you're sure that would wake up Yuuka, so you'll have to just make do with making breakfast in your nightgown.

Poking around you decide to make some waffles for breakfast, after checking that you still had some syrup. As you go about making breakfast, you can hear the telltale sounds of movement coming from the guest room, or so you assume. Though once you begin to hear groaning and talking, you are correct in assuming it's Marisa waking up from the smell of food, and Alice likely scolding her about something. Chuckling quietly to yourself, you return your attention to preparing breakfast.

"I smell foooood! Whatcha cookin' Reina!" yelled a voice happily from upstairs, you can hear the sound of a 'thwap' faintly, "Oooowwww! Why didja have to go and hit me Alice!?"

"Really Marisa, you know better then to go yelling in people's houses like that... you don't know if some people might still be sleeping!" scolded Alice, her voice coming from the staircase,

"Ya still didn't hafta go hittin' me on the head with that book of yours though ze! Geeeez so violent..." complained the witch, coming into the kitchen and plopping down in a seat, "So! Whatcha makin' Reina?"

"Waffles. It'll be a bit longer though."

"Waffles? What are those? They yummy ze?" inquired Marisa curiously,

"You've never had waffles before...?" you ask, "Well, I suppose Gensokyo may not have waffles..."

"I think I've heard of them before. They're a sort of square-shaped food you usually toast, right?" says the puppeteer.

You nod, "You can put butter and syrup on them too. I just so happen to have some of both in supply, so you can see what you like."

"You're quite noisy in the morning, little thief." remarks the flower youkai, strolling into the kitchen.

You note Yuuka had changed clothes from her pink pajamas, into her normal red plaid dresswear. Marisa and Alice had changed as well, you were the only one still lounging about in your nightwear it seems...

"Ahahaha, s-sorry. Didn't know if anyone was still asleep ze."

Alice rubbed the bridge of her nose, "Sorry about that was well Yuuka, Marisa can be such a rude and noisy person sometimes..."

"It can't be helped. At least all her noise woke me up so I wouldn't miss Reina's breakfast... what is she making, anyway?" asks the flower youkai.

"Waffles." you repeat.

"Waffles? I believe I've heard Yukari mention those before..." Yuuka shrugs slightly, "I suppose it won't hurt to try these 'waffles'."

"Where is Aya anyway?" asks Marisa, looking around the kitchen, "I don't see her anywhere."

"She said she had to leave early in the morning. I guess she left before I got up." you shrug, "Don't know if she'll drop by later though, I'd assume she's busy having to get the Bunbunmaru ready."

"Not like anyone really reads it..." mutters Alice,

"I think Reimu just collects the papers for starting fires, actually..." added Marisa,

"... Do people really not like her paper...?" you ask aloud.

~

Following breakfast, which resulted in your stock of syrup being nearly exhausted single-handedly by Marisa, whom took an instant liking to the (essentially) pure sugar. She had even begun to try to eat the syrup plain, forcing Alice to hide the bottle from her and keep her from finding it. Yuuka herself was merely content eating the food plain, only using a little bit of syrup and butter. Alice offers to do the dishes, so you can take a bath and get dressed.

You're not sure if anyone else has any plans, but you do remember you have danmaku lessons today... plus there's Sakuya's order, and you don't know if Patchouli will come over to inquire about that grimoire of yours either. So much to do! Plus you were running out of clean clothes now too... maybe someone can teach you some magic to like, split yourself up or something so you can get more done in a day...

---

Ugh, so much to do...:
[ ] Go have danmaku lessons with Reimu?
[ ] Need to get Sakuya's order finished!
[ ] Wait at home to see if Patchouli will come?
- [ ] Chill with Yuuka while you wait?
- [ ] Chat with Alice?
- [ ] Marisa!
[ ] You guess you have to get some shopping done...
- [ ] Buy food?
- [ ] Buy clothes?
- [ ] Other?
[ ] Mandatory write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Book
o Seeds from Yuuka

Mix and match votes, as applicable.
>> No. 97581
[T] Go have danmaku lessons with Reimu?
-[T] Rest at the shrine.
[T] Need to get Sakuya's order finished!

Yuuka, Marisa and Alice will probably accompany us to the shrine. After training and rest we should begin with our work...
Next day we will have to rest (Reimu will insist) and we should get the order done.
Patchy is not likely to come out, but we may be invited inside during the next visit to the SDM... this is when we get the job done.
Also, we should buy clothes tomorrow...
>> No. 97586
For buy clothes, you can specify any kind of clothing you think would be appropriate.

That or leave it up to my whims.
>> No. 97588
[x] Need to get Sakuya's order finished!
[x] Go have danmaku lessons with Reimu?
>> No. 97591
[x] Need to get Sakuya's order finished!

[x] You guess you have to get some shopping done...
-[x] Buy food?
-[x] Buy clothes?
--[x] Ask perhaps the others for some advice on what kind of clothes to get.

[x] Go have danmaku lessons with Reimu?

I figured that Marisa and Alice (especially Alice) would have something to say about clothes.
>> No. 97593
[x] Need to get Sakuya's order finished!

[x] You guess you have to get some shopping done...
-[x] Buy food?
-[x] Buy clothes?
--[x] Ask perhaps the others for some advice on what kind of clothes to get.

[x] Go have danmaku lessons with Reimu?
>> No. 97594
[x] Need to get Sakuya's order finished!

[x] You guess you have to get some shopping done...
-[x] Buy food?
-[x] Buy clothes?
--[x] Ask perhaps the others for some advice on what kind of clothes to get.

[x] Go have danmaku lessons with Reimu?
>> No. 97611
[0] Need to get Sakuya's order finished!

[1] You guess you have to get some shopping done...
-[2] Buy food?
-[3] Buy clothes?
--[4] Ask perhaps the others for some advice on what kind of clothes to get.

[5] Go have danmaku lessons with Reimu?
>> No. 97698
File 125522013529.jpg - (199.76KB , 979x1155 , f52ada91c6b61cd32e78dd498c705c63.jpg ) [iqdb]
97698
[x] Need to get Sakuya's order finished!

[x] You guess you have to get some shopping done...
-[x] Buy food?
-[x] Buy clothes?
--[x] Ask perhaps the others for some advice on what kind of clothes to get.

[x] Go have danmaku lessons with Reimu?

As you soak in the bathtub, you think about how to spend your day. You had quite a bit on your plate really, and you had spent the majority of yesterday simplying relaxing, as Reimu had insisted. So it was only natural a day of slacking off would result in a lot of work the next day. Oh well, no helping it now, and yesterday had been a lot of fun anyway so it was worth it. First and foremost, you needed to finish up Sakuya's order, after all you had worked diligently for Eientei, and there was no reason to not put forth the same amount of effort for Sakuya.

Plus she had those knives and time control powers, so who knows what kind of scary things she could do to you if you made her angry. You still owed it to Reimu to keep up your commitment to your danmaku lessons as well, but at the same time you needed to buy food and some clothes to wear... although the village was on the way to the shrine, so no reason you couldn't combine the two. You were sure Reimu would appreciate some free food as well.

Getting out of the bathtub, drying off, draining the tub, and getting dressed in one of your last few sets of clothing, you return downstairs. You find your houseguests lounging about the kitchen, with the exception of Yuuka whom has disappeared somewhere.

"Don't worry about Yuuka, she just went to go check on all the plants she grew yesterday. She mentioned something about promising she was 'only going to look', not sure why though..." said Alice when she noticed you,

"So what's the plan for the day Reina! Ya got anythin' special planned up ze?" asked the witch.

"I've got some things in mind, yes... but I need to get Sakuya's order done first really. I can't afford to slack off on it, since I did put a lot of effort into the job from Eientei. Plus, she kind of scares me a little bit and I'd hate to get on her bad side..."

"You're tellin' me..." mumbled Marisa, rubbing at her throat,

"Once I get that done, I do have my danmaku lessons with Reimu to go too. Figure I should go get some food, and some clothes too... I'm starting to run out of clean clothes, really..." you sigh and slump your shoulders, "need to get them cleaned..."

"Well, I can do your laundry for you if you like Reina. I don't have anything pressing to do today."

"You've done so much already Alice, there's no reason you have to go and - "

Alice raised a hand to indicate silence, "No, no it's fine, really. Besides, you think Sakuya is scary when she's angry? Reimu is much, much worse, you don't want her to get mad because you blew off your lessons with her because you ran out of clean clothes to wear."

"I dunno if Reimu's scarier then Sakuya, but... yeah you really don't want Reimu gettin' mad at ya."

"Actually, on the topic of clothes... do either of you have any suggestions really? I don't go shopping for clothes much..."

Alice peered at you thoughtfully, nodding her head, "No kidding... those clothes are pretty worn out. But well... let me think..."

"Alice is a genius when it comes to clothes really. I think maybe only Rinnosuke might rival her in tailorin'." commented Marisa,

"I suppose if you just want to go the simple route, you could pick up some dresses perhaps... I'm not sure what you like to wear, but thats what you'll mostly find for sale down at the village. If you really want anything beyond that though, you'd have to probably request it... either from the tailors and seamstresses in the village, or from Rinnosuke, or well, me." the youkai smiled slightly, "I could maybe make you something, if you had anything in mind."

"I dunno about that... you'll make it all colorful and frilly." remarked the witch, "Rinnosuke will make it nice and simple, but unique! Ya know Reimu's clothes are made by him? They're somethin' special aren't they?"

The puppeteer frowned, "What's wrong with colorful and frilly? You know colors are directly proportional to your own strength!"

Marisa waved her hand dismissively, "Yeah, yeah I've heard it before miss 'Seven-Colored Puppeteer', no need to go borin' Reina with your silly color power thingy ze."

The two friends begin to bicker and argue again, giving you the chance to quietly slip away to your workshop to focus on your work, before they drag you into some sort of argument or something. As you focus on your work, you think back to Alice and Marisa. The two of them seemed to bicker quite a bit, yet they enjoyed one another's company it seemed, otherwise why would they keep spending time with one another?

Thinking back to when you checked in on them this morning, they also seemed very comfortable sleeping in the same bed with one another as well - even when dressed only in their nightwear, or in what they were using as nightwear anyway. You had felt awkward just waking up to finding yourself in such close contact to Marisa that one time, but when you checked in on them this morning...

Alice looked like she had curled up a bit in her sleep, hugging her knees close to her body, so maybe she was cold? If that were true, it might explain why Marisa had hugged herself close to her sleeping friend, her hands wrapped snuggly around her friend's waist and her head buried in the puppeteer's shorter blonde hair. The image was actually rather cute, now that you thought about it. You wonder how it would've looked to see yourself when you had snuggled up with Marisa for warmth that one night... but why the hell are you thinking about all this, anyway!? You have work to do!

~

You collapse to the ground, clutching your stomach as you gasp for air. Reimu sighs and relaxes out of her fighting stance, walking over to look down at you.

"You alright there Reina?" she asks, cocking her head to the side.

Drawing in a ragged breath, before coughing as a result, you weakly nod your head, "Y-yeah. Fine."

Extending out her hand, she helps you to your feet. Today had been another lesson on physical combat, and as before, Reimu had soundly beaten you. You still feel you had done better then your first time, you were pretty sure Reimu's hair was just slightly messed up and she may have sweated just a little bit! Progress was progress, right? Leading you inside, you collapse exhausted onto the floor as you hear Marisa chuckle.

"Geez Reimu, you don't show any mercy do ya?"

You can hear the miko dusting off her hands, "We've been over this before Marisa, if she wants to learn danmaku from me, she's going to need to put forth the effort."

"By beating her into a pulp?" comments Alice slyly,

"If that's what it takes, sure!" declared Reimu proudly,

You wish Yuuka hadn't gone to return to her sunflower fields, she might've at least complimented you on something. Even after feeding Reimu with freshly cooked fod, she was as merciless as ever... managing to muster the strength to sit up, you shake your head.

"You make it sound like you're enjoying this Reimu..."

"Well, maybe just a little it. Maybe this is why teachers like to teach?" the brown-haired girl shrugs, "Anyway, that'll be all for today. I think tomorrow we'll try to focus on the actual danmaku, perhaps on grazing? Oh that'll be fun..."

You were practically tingling with joy at what 'grazing' would involve. Still, despite your thrashing, you had at least gotten Sakuya's order done before you got beaten up and had bought fresh food to resupply yourself with... and bought a few bits of clothing. So aside from feeling like Reimu's punching bag, today wasn't going bad so far.

---

Now what to do?:
[ ] Getting beaten up hurts. Go relax...
- [ ] At home?
- [ ] In the shrine.
- [ ] Other?
[ ] Maybe you should get Sakuya's order delivered...
- [ ] Ask Marisa for help?
- [ ] Alice might want to help?
- [ ] Hey, why not both!
- [ ] Other?
[ ] Inquire further about clothes from Alice?
- [ ] Specify.
[ ] Mandatory write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Book
o Seeds from Yuuka

System:
> + Reimu Hakurei
>> No. 97703
[x] Getting beaten up hurts. Go relax...
- [x] At home?
[x] Maybe you should get Sakuya's order delivered...
- [x] Hey, why not both!

[x] Inquire further about clothes from Alice?
-[x] Shorts. Comfy and easy to wear.
>> No. 97706
[x] Getting beaten up hurts. Go relax...
- [x] At home?
[x] Maybe you should get Sakuya's order delivered...
- [x] Hey, why not both!

[x] Inquire further about clothes from Alice?
-[x] Shorts. Comfy and easy to wear.
-[x] Blouse. Powder Blue.
-[x] Perhaps a matching Skirt for those rare nice occasions.

I might imagine Reina liking shorts due to how functional they are in warmer weather.

And there's no shame in asking for a skirt.
>> No. 97708
[x] Getting beaten up hurts. Go relax...
- [x] At home?
[x] Maybe you should get Sakuya's order delivered...
- [x] Hey, why not both!

[x] Inquire further about clothes from Alice?
-[x] Shorts. Comfy and easy to wear.
-[x] Blouse. Powder Blue.
-[x] Perhaps a matching Skirt for those rare nice occasions.
>> No. 97710
[x] Getting beaten up hurts. Go relax...
- [x] At home?
[x] Maybe you should get Sakuya's order delivered...
- [x] Hey, why not both!

[x] Inquire further about clothes from Alice?
-[x] Shorts. Comfy and easy to wear.
-[x] Blouse. Powder Blue.
-[x] Perhaps a matching Skirt for those rare nice occasions.
>> No. 97715
[0] Getting beaten up hurts. Go relax...
-[1] At home?
[2] Maybe you should get Sakuya's order delivered...
-[3] Hey, why not both!

[4] Inquire further about clothes from Alice?
-[5] Shorts. Comfy and easy to wear.
-[6] Blouse. Powder Blue.
-[7] Perhaps a matching Skirt for those rare nice occasions.
>> No. 97733
[X] Getting beaten up hurts. Go relax...
-[X] At home?
-[X] Maybe you should get Sakuya's order delivered...
-[X] Ask Marisa for help?
>> No. 97766
[x] Getting beaten up hurts. Go relax...
- [x] At home?
[x] Maybe you should get Sakuya's order delivered...
- [x] Hey, why not both!

[x] Inquire further about clothes from Alice?
-[x] Shorts. Comfy and easy to wear.
-[x] Blouse. Powder Blue.
-[x] Perhaps a matching Skirt for those rare nice occasions.
>> No. 97767
[x] Getting beaten up hurts. Go relax...
- [x] At home?
[x] Maybe you should get Sakuya's order delivered...
- [x] Hey, why not both!

[x] Inquire further about clothes from Alice?
-[x] Shorts. Comfy and easy to wear.
-[x] Blouse. Powder Blue.
-[x] Perhaps a matching Skirt for those rare nice occasions.
>> No. 97770
I wonder if Yuuka will teach us how to use Master spark someday, that'd be awesome.
>> No. 97772
>>97770

I wonder if Yuuka will ever cuddle with us in bed.

That's my goal anyway. That and lap pillow time.
>> No. 97773
>>97772

Well.. that works too.
>> No. 97774
[x] Getting beaten up hurts. Go relax...
- [x] At home?
[x] Maybe you should get Sakuya's order delivered...
- [x] Hey, why not both!

[x] Inquire further about clothes from Alice?
-[x] Shorts. Comfy and easy to wear.
-[x] Blouse. Powder Blue.
-[x] Perhaps a matching Skirt for those rare nice occasions.
>> No. 97777
[x] Getting beaten up hurts. Go relax...
- [x] At home?
[x] Maybe you should get Sakuya's order delivered...
- [x] Hey, why not both!

[x] Inquire further about clothes from Alice?
-[x] Shorts. Comfy and easy to wear.
-[x] Blouse. Powder Blue.
-[x] Perhaps a matching Skirt for those rare nice occasions.
>> No. 97782
>>97772
Meh, I wanted to have us wake up to Yuuka grinding herself against our thigh, now that would have been a bit awkward.
>> No. 97790
File 125526856336.jpg - (57.69KB , 551x800 , 2009-08-13-187714.jpg ) [iqdb]
97790
[x] Getting beaten up hurts. Go relax...
- [x] At home?
[x] Maybe you should get Sakuya's order delivered...
- [x] Hey, why not both!

[x] Inquire further about clothes from Alice?
-[x] Shorts. Comfy and easy to wear.
-[x] Blouse. Powder Blue.
-[x] Perhaps a matching Skirt for those rare nice occasions.

"Well then, am I released for the day Reimu, or am I going to be on shrine lockdown again?" you ask, cocking your head to the side.

"Nah, you should be fine. I can deal with you going out from physical exhaustion, after all you know your body better then anyone else. Now spiritual exhaustion? You don't know anything about your spirit, so I'll keep you here to make sure you're good to go." Reimu glances over to Alice and Marisa, "Although, even if Reina is only a bit beat up, I would prefer if you two would at least keep an eye on her, if you've got nothing else to do..."

Alice shrugged, "I don't mind."

Marisa nodded her approval, "Fine with me! 'Sides Reina's got that order from Sakuya ta get delivered sometime, and she can't fly anyway, so she'll need help with that right?"

"I was actually going to ask for help with that Marisa..." you reply with a chuckle.

"Well, just stay out of trouble and all that. I'll see you tomorrow Reina."

Rising to your feet, Marisa quickly dashing over to support you from falling flat on your back, you are carefully led out into the open. After taking a moment to steady yourself, and thanking Marisa for the quick assist, you are again treated to the usual broomride back to your home, Alice trailing just a bit behind in case you fell off the broom. You were getting quite used to this flying business by now, and besides holding onto Marisa during the flight was safe enough.

"Ya got any idea how you're gonna get all this furniture delivered, Reina? I mean, I can't really carry any on my broom..."

"There's a bit too much to take in one trip, but the dolls could probably carry them." offered Alice,

"T-they can?" you ask in surprise.

Alice smiles, "They might be small, but they can carry quite a bit. It might take two or three, but I could help bring some along."

"Well, I appreciate the help. I'm sure if we bring some, Sakuya will get the rest picked up herself."

With the plan decided, Alice's dolls lug a bit of the furniture as you fly along with Marisa during the trip to the Scarlet Devil Mansion. You note the witch has to fly at a slower pace, to allow Alice to keep up whom is busy trying to control and guide her dolls. Given the fact the trip will likely be extended a bit, you suppose it can't hurt to strike up a conversation with the puppeteer.

"So, ah Alice, can you talk?" you ask curiously.

"Hm? Oh sure, of course. What's on your mind, Reina?"

"Well, earlier when I was talking about buying clothes, and you mentioned you make some uh... you maybe, want to make me some things?"

The puppeteer raised an eyebrow curiously, "I don't see why not. What did you have in mind?"

"It might be a bit unusual, compared to what you normally make but uhm..." you pause and bite your thumb in thought a moment, "how about... some shorts maybe? A blouse would be nice too, and a skirt might be nice too..."

"Hmmm... a bit different from what I usually make, yes but... I can do it of course." the youkai nodded smugly, running a hand through her hair, "Any kind of specifics? Like colors?"

"If you leave it up ta Alice, she'll make you into some kinda flashy rainbow." teased Marisa quietly,

"How about... powder blue? You think that'll look good Alice?"

Alice nodded her head, "Sounds good to me, Reina. I'll need to get some measurements to get them made, but I'd be glad to make them for you."

You nod and smile in thanks to the puppeteer, who returns the gesture. Before long you arrive at the Mansion, surprised to see Sakuya standing outside the gate looking up at you and your group with a slightly amused look. Laying on the ground nearby is the door guard with a knife in her head, you notice.

"What a coincidience." comments the maid, "I take it the job is all done then?"

Hopping off Marisa's broom, you nod, "Yup. I would've had it done sooner, but well... I had a thing to get to first."

"Not a problem in the least, I thank you for your prompt work as usual. I assume you still have some left back at your home?" you nod your head, "Very well, I'll send some of the maids to fetch the remainder."

"Ah, there's no need really Sakuya. I can just go back with Alice and Marisa, and I can bring the rest over here..."

Sakuya raises an eyebrow curiously, "But if you did that, you would miss your appointment with Lady Patchouli."

"A-appointment?"

The head maid smiles in amusement, "Indeed. Lady Remilia has agreed to allow you to enter, to go see Lady Patchouli regarding your grimoire..." she pauses, noting the book in your possession, "of course, if it turns out you're lieing about the whole thing well..." she trails off.

You gulp slightly, glancing down at the knifed door guard, "O-of course. Are Alice and Marisa allowed to come in?"

Sakuya frowns at this, cupping her chin in thought, "Very well. Just keep your hands off the books Kirisame, or I'll see if I can't ask Lady Remilia to let you go 'play' with Lady Flandre." the silver-haired woman smiles slightly at her threat, "Well then, shall we be going miss Roots?"

Pushing the gate open, the head maid leads you to the entrance of the mansion, the large doors creaking open before she neared them. The inside of the mansion was simply breath-taking - you had never seen such a rich and beautifully decorated interior. It was mostly red you noticed, and there was a distinct lack of windows, although considering the owner of the mansion was said to be a vampire, this wasn't too surprisingly really.

The mansion also seemed considerably larger on the inside then you thought possible, considering how it looked on the outside. Sakuya led you down so many various hallways that you quickly were utterly and hopelessly lost, you couldn't imagine how Marisa could ever find her way around here to steal anything. Eventually she halts in front of another large pair of wooden doors, she pushes them open and leads you into a library.

And not just any library, but simply the largest library you had ever seen in your life. Bookshelves lined the very walls of the vast library, which simply seemed to be beyond the size of the mansion, and these shelves extended from the floor to the ceiling. Books were crammed into every available space, with some merely being piled messily on top of tables. There must've been more books in this room, then the entire human race could read in a lifespan... no, three lifespans! It was mind boggling.

"It sure is somethin' ain't it Reina? So many booooooooks~." cooed the witch gleefully.

"And you aren't taking any of them today Kirisame. Unless you wish for me to extract a price upon miss Roots?" threatens the maid softly.

Marisa gulped and nodded her head, while Alice merely sighed and shook her head. Satsified with the witch's response, Sakuya leads you and your friends deeper into the library. As you walk down the aisles of books, you can't help but look around you, noting the sheer amount of books everywhere. You can't even read the spines of a fraction of them, and they all look rather ancient. Eventually the maid comes to a halt, and you find yourself somewhere else in the library near a table with a frail-looking girl wearing a poofy hat is seated, staring down at a book.

She slowly raises her head to notice you, and nods slightly.

"This would be Lady Patchouli, miss Roots." informs Sakuya,

The girl rises from her seat, "It is a pleasure to meet you. It was Reina Roots, correct?" the girl's gaze lazily drifts to Alice and Marisa, "Ah, I see you've brought the rodent and miss Margatroid as well."

You offer a smile to the purple-haired girl, "Ah y-yes, that's me. So you must be Patchouli?"

"Patchouli Knowledge, yes. You've already gone and done it but, Patchouli will suffice. You may have a seat. May we have some tea made Sakuya? I'm sure Remi will not object if I may get some of her stock?" inquires Patchouli, returning to her seat,

By the time you take your seat at the table, Sakuya has placed set the table, and poured cups of tea for everyone. The tea itself is delicious, and possibly the best drink you've ever had before, you wondered what kind of tea this 'Lady Remilia' got, maybe Yuuka would know if she were here...

"May I see the grimoire, Roots?" asks the librarian, holding out her hand.

You carefully hand the book over to the girl, whom places it on the table in front of her, and opens it. She frowns as she flips through the pages, after a moment she gestures for Alice to come take a look herself, and the two of them begin to study individual pages. You can't hear what they're saying, but you can see them mumbling and whispering to one another. You get the feeling, this could take a while...

~

Without any sort of watch, or even light streaming in from windows, you have no idea how long you are left to sit at the table, just drinking tea to pass time. Patchouli and Alice seem to be engrossed in their study of your grimoire, while Marisa merely kicks back in her seat and naps. You don't see Sakuya usually, but she always seems to appear just in time to refill a cup, or to replace the tea pot when it is emptied. As time passes, you stifle a yawn, and suddenly Patchouli seems to take notice of you.

"This is an interesting grimoire, Roots." she states flatly, "It could take some time to study. Would you prefer leaving it with me for a few days, if you're going to start falling asleep on me?" she glances over to the sleeping Marisa, "Or will you merely sleep here, like a certain rodent?"

---

Grimoire study is boring:
[ ] Allow Patchouli to study the grimoire?
- [ ] Go home and sleep?
- [ ] Ask if you can sleep here?
- [ ] Other?
[ ] Don't let her borrow it!
- [ ] Say you'll bring it by tomorrow?
- [ ] If she wants to study it more, she'll have to come to your home?
- [ ] Other?
[ ] Mandatory write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka

System:
> + Sakuya Izayoi
>> No. 97794
[x] Allow Patchouli to study the grimoire?
-[x] Ask if you can sleep here?
>> No. 97797
[x] Allow Patchouli to study the grimoire?
- [x] Ask if you can sleep here?
Pretty certain Yukari said we should not let it out of our sights.
>> No. 97798
[x] Allow Patchouli to study the grimoire?
- [x] Ask if you can sleep here?

It'll be nice having a new experience, that and we can help Patchy out with what we know.
>> No. 97799
[x] Allow Patchouli to study the grimoire?
-[x] Ask if you can sleep here?
-[T] Ask if there is a ''Danmaku for dummies'' book and if you could read it for the time being...
>> No. 97804
[x] Allow Patchouli to study the grimoire?
- [x] Ask if you can sleep here?
>> No. 97809
[x]"I'll sleep here, like that certain rodent, thank you"
>> No. 97841
File 125529890616.png - (374.48KB , 800x828 , 23fb648b1b4e3cd58a0ceda3c7b38d4b.png ) [iqdb]
97841
[x] Allow Patchouli to study the grimoire?
- [x] Ask if you can sleep here?

You suppose there's no harm in letting Patchouli borrow the grimoire to study it, but you still remember Yukari's instructions to not lose that book... it should be fine, if you were still in the immediate area, right?

"Well, I can let you borrow it for the night maybe but... would I be able to stay the night here?"

The purple-haired girl stares at you blankly, "And why do you think you should be able to do that? The Mansion isn't simply some place you can walk into, and then ask to stay the night without a reason, or permission from Remi."

"There's no need to be so strict about it Patchouli, this is Reina's grimoire after all, so why can't she stay the night if you insist on studying it? asks Alice with a frown,

"... Sakuya, go ask Remi of Roots... request." stated Patchouli flatly, returning her attention the grimoire,

"Of course, Lady Patchouli." replies the maid, slipping away quietly.

You lightly nudge Marisa in the shoulder, causing her to snap awake and nearly fall backwards in her chair. She manages to catch herself and looks about herself in surprise.

"Huh!? Who, what, where...!? ... Oh, right library uhm... did I fall asleep or somethin' ze?" asks the witch sheepishly.

"Well, you weren't snoring if it's any consolation?" you reply with a slight smile.

You hear only the footsteps of Sakuya, as she approaches, "Lady Remilia has agreed to miss Root's request. She'll be able to stay the night in one of the guest rooms near the library, Lady Patchouli."

Patchouli acknowledges Sakuya with a nod, "Very well. Will you show her the way then? Ah yes, if you see Koakuma on the way out, send her this way, could you Sakuya?"

Sakuya nodded and gestured for you to follow her, "Come along miss Roots, it's rather late, so would you like to retire for the night?"

"Oi! Where am I supposed ta sleep ze!?" complained Marisa, puffing out her cheeks

"You could share my room, if that's acceptable Sakuya?"

The maid tilted her head slightly, "I don't see why not. Come along now, Lady Patchouli and miss Margatroid will likely be up all night in their work. It'll bore you both to tears, I'm sure."

Sakuya leads you and Marisa out of the library in considerably less time then it took to arrive at this spot, and you can't help but feel you took many less turns then before. Once outside the library she leads you to a room just across the hall, inside is a rather large spacious bedroom with a single window outlooking into the backyard of the mansion. You again can't help but feel this room is much too large to fit within the mansion, considering all the doors you saw in the hallway.

The maid does a quick sweep of the room, before giving a quick tour of the bedroom and the attached bathroom.

"If you need anything, just ring that bell over there. Do make sure it's for something important, and not just because you're bored." states Sakuya, "Very well, have a good night."

Which now left you alone in the room with Marisa, whom had promptly plopped herself onto the bed to try it out.

"So sooooofffft. Feels like sleepin' on a cloud or somethin'! Remi really gets the best stuff." Marisa sits up in bed the bed and looks at you curiously, "I hear most of this stuff is made in the village, so would ya be able to make stuff like this?"

"Ah, not really... I'm good at fixing furniture, but not so much at making it from scratch. I suppose I could but... I can't say it'd turn out very well..."

"Well, you wouldn't know until ya try, right! Just food for thought really, 'cause if you could maybe I'll have ya make me a big ol' comfy bed like this ze." the witch plops back down on the bed, "I feel like I could sleep right now really..."

"Just going to sleep in like that Marisa? I really need to get a bath first, all sweaty and sticky..."

"Well enjoy your bath then! I'll just be waitin' here for ya. Too comfy, don't wanna moooove~."

Chuckling a bit, you head to the bathroom as you see Marisa lazily tossing her shoes across the room, along with her hat. She was quite odd sometimes, you had to admit...

---

Night time actions!:
[ ] You saw a wardrobe in the room...
- [ ] Maybe you can find a nightgown in there?
- [ ] Just a robe to go to bed perhaps...
- [ ] Other?
- [ ] Eh, forget it just sleep in your undergarments!
[ ] Sleeping with Marisa...
- [ ] Snuggle time!
- [ ] Other?
[ ] Mandatory write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka

System:
> "Gensokyo" Book is being borrowed.

Choose from both categories, or more this time.
>> No. 97843
[x] You saw a wardrobe in the room...
-[x] Maybe you can find a nightgown in there?
>> No. 97844
[x] You saw a wardrobe in the room...
-[x] Maybe you can find a nightgown in there?
>> No. 97845
[x] You saw a wardrobe in the room...
- [x] Maybe you can find a nightgown in there?
[x] Sleeping with Marisa...
- [x] Snuggle time!

I'm sure we can find something that fits Reina, and there's no shame in snuggling.
>> No. 97847
[0] You saw a wardrobe in the room...
-[1] Maybe you can find a nightgown in there?
>> No. 97857
[x] Allow Patchouli to study the grimoire?
- [x] Ask if you can sleep here?
>> No. 97859
[x] You saw a wardrobe in the room...
-[x] Maybe you can find a nightgown in there?

>>97857

A bit late there.
>> No. 97865
>>97859
Yeah, I just caught up with the story now.

[x] You saw a wardrobe in the room...
-[x] Maybe you can find a nightgown in there?
>> No. 97882
File 125531983598.png - (309.06KB , 620x695 , 58623aa089992b5e48d5455175613000.png ) [iqdb]
97882
[x] You saw a wardrobe in the room...
-[x] Maybe you can find a nightgown in there?

Before you enter the bathroom itself, you stop to take a peek into the wardrobe within the room. Like the mansion itself, it's small exterior hides an unusually spacious interior, and the wardrobe is packed full of various articles of clothing. Ignoring the bulk of it, you're sure most of it wouldn't fit you anyway, you instead pick out a nightgown to wear for the night - after all, you needed something besides your dirtied and sweat-stained clothes to wear to bed. With a change of clothing in hand, you slip into the bathroom and go about filling the bath and undressing.

After a quick, yet cleansing bath, you drain the tub and get dressed, taking some time to fix your hair. After making yourself look more presentable, you step out of the bathroom and note that Marisa had, more or less, messily tossed various bits of her wardrobe all about the room. She already looked like she was asleep, her head turned away from you, and wrapped up in the thick blankets. As you climb into bed, Marisa's head turns to face you, where she offers you a sleepy grin.

"G' night Reina." she says, before yawning, "I haven't had the chance ta actually sleep in 'ere for quite a while. Forgot just how comfy these beds are... I was about ta fall asleep, just waitin' for ya..." the witch stifles another yawn, her tone of voice already rather drowsy.

You give the sleepy blonde a smile, and a quick pat on the head, "Good night Marisa. I'd say sleep good, but I'm sure you'll sleep like a log tonight, won't you?"

Marisa chuckles in response, and yawns again, "Ayuuuup. See ya in the mornin', Reina..."

You take that as your cue, to rest your own head on your pillow and drift off to sleep as well. Marisa did have a point, this was a very comfortable bed, and it didn't take long before you slip into sleep yourself.

~

When you wake up, you immediately feel something you hadn't felt in a while. Pain, horrible, agonizing pain. Your body feels like it was run through a meat tenderizer, and you were quite sure Reimu hadn't beaten you that badly. Every single inch of your body seems to scream out in protest and you can hardly even sit up in bed, or move your head to look for Marisa. Unable to muster the willpower to life your arms, you instead try to wriggle about, in the vain hope that you could maybe get a reaction from the sleeping witch.

The fact you can still hear her steady breathing, proves your actions are doing little. You do your best to take some deep breaths, thinking perhaps the pain would fade after a bit of relaxing, but it seems to be rather constant, and even sucking in air is proving to be painful. Going to suck in another breath, you are suddenly wracked with a sudden coughing fit, and as it ends you can taste the familiar coppery taste of blood in your mouth, you're quite certain you've probably stained the bed with blood from that.

You can't even form words, and you can feel another coughing fit coming up, resulting in an increase in the coppery taste in your mouth. Why were you hurting so much? Reimu couldn't have possibly injured you to this extent, could she? You needed help, but you couldn't even rouse the heavy sleeping Marisa... to your surprise, you hear the sound of a doorknob turning, and the click as it opens.

"It's almost noon are..." you hear a voice trail off, before you hear hurried footsteps, "miss Roots, are you alright!? Why is there blood on the bed!?"

You can see Sakuya's face appear within your field of vision, her face a look of worry. You can do little more then rasp in reply, as you begin to cough again, unfortunantly causing you to get blood on Sakuya's face. Rather then worry about that trival detail, you feel yourself being scooped up in the silver-haired woman's arms, before she hurries you down the hallway.

The pain, it's so much... you can feel your vision dimming already, before all you can see is the obscuring fog of darkness...

~

You're not sure how long you live within the darkness. All you know is you're alive - if you weren't, you wouldn't be staring up at the ceiling of the library. The pain from earlier is gone, and you manage to draw in a steady, normal breath. The coppery taste still lingers slightly in your mouth, but you suspect it's just merely leftover blood. Groaning, you manage to sit up and look about yourself.

You've been left somewhere in the library, in a bed surprisingly enough, but you don't see any sign of anyone nearby. On the nightstand next to the bed, is your grimoire, where you find a note plastered on it. Reaching over, you pluck it off the cover and look at it.

"Here's your grimoire. I apologize for the inconvience this has caused you. - Patchouli Knowledge"

"Oh, you're awake miss Roots?" speaks an unfamiliar voice.

You look up from reading the note to see a young-looking woman with red hair looking at you curiously, you can't help but notice the bat-like wings extending from her back, and a smaller pair from her head.

"Ah, y-yes I am. Uhm, do you know what's going on...?" you ask.

The red-haired woman smiles politely, "I'm afraid I was only told by Mistress Patchouli to keep an eye on you, and inform her when you awakened. Please, wait right here miss Roots, I will go fetch Mistress Patchouli."

The woman makes quickly disappears down an aisle of books, and before long you can hear multiple footsteps drawing near. Quickly you find yourself face-to-face with Patchouli, Alice, Marisa, Sakuya, and the red-haired woman. Of them all, Marisa seems to be the most worried, and you notice it looks like she's been crying recently - and it looks like the shoulder of Alice's dress is a little wet.

"How are you feeling, miss Roots?" inquires Patchouli, she whispers something to the red-haired woman, whom disappears down another aisle of books,

"I feel fine actually, much better then when I woke up that's for sure..."

The librarian nods, walking over to the nightstand and picking up the book, before handing it to you, "Whatever you do, don't ever stray far from this grimoire miss Roots."

You accept the book, holding it close to yourself, "Did you ever figure anything out about it?"

Alice steps forward, frowning slightly, "Some things yes, but that's hardly the most important thing about it... as I'm sure you may have realized this morning?"

You frown slightly, "The grimoire is related to all the pain and coughing this morning?"

"Miss Roots, you need to understand this. Whatever your grimoire does, is still mostly a mystery to us. However, it is perfectly clear what it's primary purpose is, or at least the primary purpose you need to concern yourself with - it's keeping you alive." states Patchouli flatly, "Your seperation from it, nearly killed you. Had Sakuya shown up much later then she had, you would've likely died."

You blink in surprise, shaking your head slowly, "It's keeping me alive...?"

Patchouli nods, "I'm not certain on the specifics, but without that grimoire you will die miss Roots. While I suspect it doesn't need to be physically in your possession at all times, you must be fairly close to it. While you think you were only across the hall, this library actually exists quite distant from the actual hallway. While you may have thought only a hallway seperated you from the Voile, you were in fact quite a considerable distance apart from it." she paused, shaking her head, "As a result, whatever influence it has on you, was lost during your sleep and by the time you had awaken, it's influence was completely lost and you nearly died."

"When you got the grimoire, did it come with any sort of instructions, or anything?" asked the puppeteer.

"It only had a note. Yukari had told me to 'not lose it'. I thought it would be safe to let Patchouli borrow it, since I thought the library was nearby, but..." you shake your head, "I'm sorry, for all the trouble I've caused..."

---

The grimoire, is your life?:
[ ] Talk to...
- [ ] Ask Patchouli if she knows anything else?
- [ ] Alice has a grimoire herself, does she know anything more?
- [ ] You did cough blood onto Sakuya this morning, maybe you should apologize...
- [ ] Marisa is being awfully quiet.
[ ] Name the Grimoire? (write-in)
[ ] Write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka

System:
> "Gensokyo" Book renamed "Gensokyo" Grimoire

Again, multiple are allowed this time, although keep it reasonable.
>> No. 97883
[x] Talk to...
- [3] Alice has a grimoire herself, does she know anything more?
- [1] You did cough blood onto Sakuya this morning, maybe you should apologize...
- [2] Marisa is being awfully quiet.

order of preference. But I'd rather not name the book until we find out its true nature.

That might explain how Reina's been feeling so healthy for a while.
>> No. 97886
[x] Talk to...
-[x] You did cough blood onto Sakuya this morning, maybe you should apologize...
-[x] Ask Patchouli if she knows anything else?
-[x] Alice has a grimoire herself, does she know anything more?
>> No. 97893
[x] Talk to...
-[x] You did cough blood onto Sakuya this morning, maybe you should apologize...
-[x] Ask Patchouli if she knows anything else?
-[x] Alice has a grimoire herself, does she know anything more?
>> No. 97896
[x] Talk to...
- [x] You did cough blood onto Sakuya this morning, maybe you should apologize...
- [x] Marisa is being awfully quiet.
>> No. 97897
[0] Talk to...
-[1] You did cough blood onto Sakuya this morning, maybe you should apologize...
-[2] Ask Patchouli if she knows anything else?
-[3] Alice has a grimoire herself, does she know anything more?
>> No. 97898
[x] Talk to...
-[x] You did cough blood onto Sakuya this morning, maybe you should apologize...
-[x] Ask Patchouli if she knows anything else?
-[x] Alice has a grimoire herself, does she know anything more?
-[x] Marisa is being awfully quiet.

We should hold off naming the grimoire till we think of something fancy. Also, Marisa probably realized that she nearly killed us earlier on.
>> No. 97901
[x] Talk to...
- [x] You did cough blood onto Sakuya this morning, maybe you should apologize...
- [x] Marisa is being awfully quiet.
>> No. 97904
[x] Talk to...
-[x] You did cough blood onto Sakuya this morning, maybe you should apologize...
-[x] Ask Patchouli if she knows anything else?
-[x] Alice has a grimoire herself, does she know anything more?
>> No. 97908
[x] Talk to...
-[x] You did cough blood onto Sakuya this morning, maybe you should apologize...
-[x] Ask Patchouli if she knows anything else?
-[x] Alice has a grimoire herself, does she know anything more?
>> No. 97915
File 125533705992.jpg - (149.29KB , 650x750 , 1a94d80df27dc9dd2968b9edcc3e16e8.jpg ) [iqdb]
97915
[x] Talk to...
-[x] You did cough blood onto Sakuya this morning, maybe you should apologize...
-[x] Ask Patchouli if she knows anything else?
-[x] Alice has a grimoire herself, does she know anything more?

The librarian gives a slight shrug of her shoulders, "No, it is my mistake. I should've been more careful before examining a new grimoire. Please stay here for a bit longer, I must go discuss something with Remi." as Patchouli turns to leave, she addresses Sakuya, "Keep an eye on her Sakuya."

"Of course Lady Patchouli." replies the maid.

"Ah, excuse me, Patchouli!" you say, before the librarian disappears into the books, "May I ask you a few things?"

Patchouli halts midstep, and peers over her shoulder, "I'm sure you have many questions miss Roots but..." she pauses and shakes her head, turning around to face you, "make them quick, if you could. I must speak to Remi as soon as possible."

"I... just wanted to know, did your study discover anything, beyond the fact if I lose it... well..." you trail off.

"Not too much I'm afraid. Your grimoire I don't believe has much significant ability, but at the same time, it's also unusually well protected and contains an abundance of magical energy within it." she shakes her head, "Given Yukari was the likely previous owner, I suspect she has done something to it. For what reasons I cannot possibly imagine. Now then, I must really be on my way, Remi so very hates being woken during the day..."

With that the librarian departs down one of the many aisles of the library, before being lost to sight completely. With the maid's departure, your remaining watchers take up seats at a nearby table, Sakuya placing out tea for all on it, while handing you a cup as you lay in bed. You had attempted to get up and join them at the table, but was stopped by the head maid insisting you remain in bed until Lady Patchouli or Lady Remilia said otherwise.

As Sakuya serves you a new cup of tea, you note the flavor is different and suspect there is some kind of medication in the mixture, along with a tea cake, you decide now would be a good time to apologize about your little coughing incident.

"I must apologize for earlier Sakuya, I didn't mean to well... cough in your face, and get blood all over you." you apologize weakly, only being able to bow your head.

"It's not a problem at all miss Roots, a little bit of blood in the morning, is a small price to pay for keeping Lady Remilia's guest alive another day."

"You can call me Reina you know... miss Roots, sounds so... awkward."

Sakuya raises an eyebrow curiously, "Oh? Well, I suppose if it bothers you..." she pauses to take a sip of her tea, "I suppose Reina will have to do suffice."

"How did you come around to checking in on me, anyway?" you ask curiously, nibbling on the tea cake.

"It was getting rather late, and I hadn't heard of you entering the library. So I decided to take a peek in your room, to see if you were alright or had gotten lost. There's nothing dangerous in the mansion, aside from Lady Remilia's sister and it would be quite the disaster if you were to run into her. Lady Remilia would be furious if her guest, and favored restorer, had been torn into shreds by Lady Flandre." Sakuya's face suddenly redden, as if embarrassed, "Ah, no disrespect to Lady Flandre of course, she's a fine girl she's just a little... different, I suppose."

You chuckle at the maid's sudden change in tone, "I see. Now, did I hear you correctly, or did I hear you say 'favored restorer'?"

The maid nods and smiles, "Indeed I did. You've not met her, but Lady Remilia holds you with some respect for your dedication to your work, not to mention the quality. Although, you are the only restorer we know of in Gensokyo, so perhaps being her favored one isn't as much of an honor as you may think. Regardless, I confess your dedication to your work is something I appreciate as well. As they say, it's so hard to find good work these days..."

"Well, it's nice to be appreciated. What is this Lady Remilia like?"

Sakuya stares at her teacup in silence for a moment, before slowly shaking her head, "I'm afraid that's not my place to say. It would be rude for me to give my own opinion of Lady Remilia. Not only have I sworn my life to her, she... well, nevermind. If you wish to know what she's like, you'll simply need to meet her some day, Reina."

You nod, and the maid returns to the table, to tend to the needs of Alice and Marisa. You notice Marisa is wordlessly drinking her tea, and absentmindedly eating tea cakes, and her gaze seems to be rather unfocused... as if she were staring off at something in the distance. It's slightly disturbing to see the happy-go-lucky Marisa in such a mood, but you can't really think of why she'd be like that, perhaps she's just having a bad day?

"Alice, may I speak to you?" you ask, "I'd come over myself, but well, maid and librarian's orders you know?"

Alice casts a concerned look to Marisa, before rising from her seat to join you by the bedside, "What's on your mind Reina?"

"Well, it's just you have a grimoire too, so I thought you might know more about my own, then Patchouli did."

She frowns slightly, hefting the black book she carried around with her, "Well, how much do you know of grimoires anyway Reina?"

You can only shake your head in reply, "I'm afraid very little, beyond what I've been told."

"As I thought. Well, I'll give you the basics. Grimoires are any sort of book that deals with magic in some form. Some are merely collections of magical spells, used as reference material, others are used as channeling tools for magic, and well, really what they can do is rather vast. Patchouli's grimoire is the focal point of her magic, and I'd imagine without it she would have great difficultly in using any of her magic." she pauses and looks at her own grimoire, "Mine, well... we'll just say it serves the same purpose. It's a little different, but the details don't really matter.

"But now see, yours? I've never seen anything like it. For a grimoire to have such a large amount of seemingly useless energy is underheard of, creating such a grimoire in the first place would be difficult, but then making all that energy worthless? I can't even begin to imagine why someone would create something like that. At the same time, this grimoire seems to be the only thing that is keeping you alive, that's what troubles me the most." she pauses and bites her thumb, "I've just never heard of a grimoire being the lifeline of a person before. I don't know why or how it's keeping you alive either, you didn't die or anything when you came here, right?"

You shake your head in surprise, "No of course not. I don't know the specifics, but Yukari did something... I'm just not sure what."

Alice nods her head, "No one really ever knows what that youkai is thinking. I imagine to figure out the truth, you'd need to ask Yukari herself, which is well... difficult. Only Reimu really has even the vaguest clue where she is."

"Hm? That's odd, where has Kirisame disappeared too?" spoke up Sakuya suddenly,

Rising to her feet, the puppeteer looks about her, noting Marisa's seat was vacant. You hadn't seen if Marisa had run off somewhere when you were talking to Alice...

"You weren't keeping an eye on her Sakuya?" questions the youkai with a hint of annoyance.

The maid frowns in reply, "I had only looked away for a few seconds, I hope she isn't going around stealing some books or something..."

"The little rodent has run off, has she?" asks Patchouli, lazily walking into the area, "I'm not surprised. Sakuya, please go find her, would you? Koakuma won't stand a chance of restraining her if she's going on a thieving rampage."

"At once Lady Patchouli." said Sakuya, whom vanishes from sight, a card falling to the floor where she once stood,

"Well, with that taken care of, I must ask you to come with me miss Roots. Remi would like to have a little chat with you, before we send you on your way."

---

Meeting with Remi?:
[ ] Refuse, you have to find Marisa!
[ ] Accept, Sakuya and Alice can find Marisa.
[ ] Write-in

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka

System:
> + Sakuya Izayoi
>> No. 97916
[ ] Accept, Sakuya and Alice can find Marisa.
>> No. 97918
[ ] Accept, Sakuya and Alice can find Marisa.
>> No. 97920
[x] Accept, Sakuya and Alice can find Marisa.
>> No. 97921
[x] Accept, Sakuya and Alice can find Marisa.
>> No. 97931
[x] Accept, Sakuya and Alice can find Marisa.
Uh, feels kinda bad to abandon her like this.
>> No. 97934
[x] Accept, Sakuya and Alice can find Marisa.
[x] But ask Alice to tell Marisa that you're alright now.

Sure Reina may have a obligation, but it doesn't mean she should just dismiss anything related to her best friend thus far. I do suspect that the whole thing shocked Marisa.
>> No. 97935
[T] Accept, Sakuya and Alice can find Marisa.
>> No. 97939
[X] Refuse, you have to find Marisa!
The last time we saw her she was CRYING.
>> No. 97953
File 125536324293.jpg - (231.01KB , 595x841 , 49d90f23c5958a2bf12287e.jpg ) [iqdb]
97953
[x] Accept, Sakuya and Alice can find Marisa.

Casting a quick glance at the card laying on the floor, you nod at Patchouli, "Ok. I assume you'll bring me to her?"

The librarian gives a slight nod of the head, "Of course. Now come along miss Roots."

As you go to follow the librarian down the aisles of books, you see Alice take off running down an aisle of books, likely in search of Marisa. You don't know how big thie library is but you're sure Sakuya and Alice will have little problem finding Marisa, even within this confusing maze of books. It doesn't take long for Patchouli to lead you out of the library, you again can't help but feel you took considerably less turns this time, before leading you deeper into the mansion. Eventually, the librarian brings you into an overly large room, inside is a short girl dressed in a rather fancy dress with short light-blue hair.

Upon your entrance, she looks up at you, and flashes a quick grin - you can't help but notice her rather sharp incissor teeth.

"I'm surprised to see you bring her yourself, Pache. Is Sakuya busy?" asks the vampire, cocking her head to the side.

"There's a bit of a situation, involving a runaway rodent that Sakuya is attending too. I don't suspect it'll take her long." answers Patchouli, shrugging slightly,

The light-blue haired girl nods her head, "I see. Very well Pache, would you help Sakuya with her search for the moment? If you can't find Marisa, I suspect we'll need an alternate way to send our guest back home, considering she can't fly above the lake herself, correct?"

Patchouli's gaze slowly drifts to you and lingers there a moment, "... Correct. I will see what I can do Remi."

"I know you will Pache." she smiles slightly, before motioning to the chair across from her, "But enough about that, would you please have a seat? May I call you Reina?"

"Reina is fine, and while I suspect I might know who are, given what I've heard but..."

The girl offers you a cup of tea as you take your seat, "I suppose a formal introduction wouldn't hurt. I'm Remilia Scarlet, the owner of the Scarlet Devil Mansion of course. It's nice to meet you face to face, Reina."

You take a testing sip of the tea, noting the flavor is similar to the first batch of tea you had here, "It's a pleasure to meet you as well, ah, may I call you Remilia or would something more formal..."

"Remilia is fine, don't worry." she takes a sip of her tea, "I wanted to properly thank you for your work. While replacing furniture isn't too difficult around here, I'm sure in your line of work, you know some people prefer getting their things fixed, due to the sentimental value an object has, yes?"

You nod your head, "Of course. Sometimes I know the occasional customer spends more on getting an old object fixed, rather then buy a newer, better, and cheaper replacement. It's a little nerve-wracking sometimes, to be trusted with people's precious items."

"But you do your job wonderfully. You of course, wouldn't have known at the time, but everything you've fixed for me, belongs to my sister Flandre. She doesn't have much, so it makes her quite happy to see her few possessions so taken care of when she accidently breaks them," Remilia shakes her head slightly, "I remember when she broke that table, she was crying so much and apologizing about breaking it. As fate would so have it, you had arrived in Gensokyo not too long ago, and you did such a beautiful job of fixing it."

You feel yourself blush a little bit at the praise, "R-really, it's nothing... I only did what I've always done."

Remilia smiles at you, "And what you always do, is a great thing. The payment Sakuya gives you for your services, is so informal sometimes, so I wanted to offer my formal thank you to you this time. Furthermore, please if you're in the area, feel free to drop by. Meiling should let you in, but if you she forgets, just ask for Sakuya." the vampiress rises from her seat, "Well, thank you for your time Reina. Now then, where is Sakuya..."

As if she could hear her mistress's question, the silver-haired maid suddenly appeared into the room, bowing her head slightly, "We've not found Kirisame yet, Lady Remilia, I apologize. Meiling hasn't seen anyone leave the mansion, so I suspect she's still inside somewhere."

Remilia nods her head, "I see. Well that's a bit of a problem... I don't like having to remove you from the search, even for a moment, but it would be quite rude to strand our guest here. It's a bit informal, but I suppose Reina will have to settle for being carried home. I don't trust the maids with this, so I must apologize for having to send you out for a moment to return Reina home."

"It's not a problem, Lady Remilia. I'll take care of it." replied the maid.

~

The trip back home is somewhat similar to your trip with Reimu, it's definitely different being carried by someone, rather then being able to ride on Marisa's broomstick. Sakuya is also considerably less talkative then either Marisa or Alice, although you suspect this may be due to the fact she wants to finish her job of dropping you off at home as quickly as possible, so she may return to searching for Marisa. The maid offers little more then a quick apology and farewell, before she heads back to the mansion.

The sun was rather high up in the sky, but was beginning to set, so it had to be past the afternoon. With no jobs to attend to, this left you with some rare freetime, although you did have Reimu's lessons today and was now quite late due to the events at the mansion. Without Marisa however, you were now going to be restricted to walking everywhere...

---

There's nothing like home!:
[ ] Walk to the shrine for your lessons.
- [ ] Mention Marisa to Reimu?
- [ ] Other
[ ] Maybe you could see if Keine was at the schoolhouse...
[ ] Some shopping couldn't hurt, could it?
- [ ] Go shopping for? (write-in)
[ ] Let's just kick back and relax...
[ ] Mandatory write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka

System:
> Previous 'Unknown...' revealed as Remilia Scarlet
>> No. 97955
[x] Walk to the shrine for your lessons.
- [x] Mention Marisa to Reimu?
- [x] Talk about the Grimoire and your connection to it.

At the very least we should talk to Reimu about Marisa and what happened.

And just because Yuuka fans jumping on board doesn't mean we should be mean to Marisa in any sense.
>> No. 97958
[x] Walk to the shrine for your lessons.
- [x] Mention Marisa to Reimu?
- [x] Talk about the Grimoire and your connection to it.
>> No. 97960
[x] Walk to the shrine for your lessons.
- [x] Mention Marisa to Reimu?
- [x] Talk about the Grimoire and your connection to it.
>> No. 97967
[x] Walk to the shrine for your lessons.
- [x] Mention Marisa to Reimu?
- [x] Talk about the Grimoire and your connection to it.
>> No. 97969
[x] Walk to the shrine for your lessons.
- [x] Mention Marisa to Reimu?
- [x] Talk about the Grimoire and your connection to it.
>> No. 97973
[x] Walk to the shrine for your lessons.
- [x] Mention Marisa to Reimu?
- [x] Talk about the Grimoire and your connection to it.
>> No. 97974
[x] Walk to the shrine for your lessons.
- [x] Mention Marisa to Reimu?
- [x] Talk about the Grimoire and your connection to it.
>> No. 97982
File 125537360495.jpg - (150.40KB , 500x650 , 240723c71dcc7a08a25da0b893d6aec6.jpg ) [iqdb]
97982
[x] Walk to the shrine for your lessons.
- [x] Mention Marisa to Reimu?
- [x] Talk about the Grimoire and your connection to it.

Well the shrine wasn't too far away, and you should be able to hike up the trail to the shrine before it got dark enough for youkai to start prowling around. Or you certainly hoped so anyway, relying on Reimu to save your life probably wouldn't work out too well, and you didn't have enough practice to actually use danmaku for anything still. Knowing the dangers of wandering up that path in the dark, you quickly make your way down to the village, only pausing to pick up some snacks to give to Reimu along the way, before hiking up the rarely used path to the Hakurei Shrine.

It's been sometime yourself since you've gone up the trail, and you can't help but cast nervous glances into the trees and bushes - your first experience of going to the Hakurei Shrine was still very fresh in your mind. Thankfully, you manage to make it up the trail without incident, and manage to quickly spot the Hakurei maiden lazily lounging on the shrine steps, a cup of tea nearby along with a bowl of rice. Upon seeing you, she sits up and stares at you blankly, before yawning.

"My, my you're quite late today Reina. I was starting to think you weren't going to come."

While her tone of voice was neutral, her blank stare hinted at the anger and disappoint the girl was feeling towards you, "I can explain! I would've been here earlier but... well..."

"... Hey, where's Marisa? Doesn't she usually fly you up here?" asks Reimu, suddenly noticing the lack of the blonde witch,

"Well, that's related to why I was late..." you sigh and shake your head, joining Reimu in sitting on the shrine steps, "Marisa is... missing right now."

Reimu takes a glance at the snacks you brought, before looking back up at your face, "Missing? What happened?"

You offer Reimu some of the riceballs you brought, which she happily accepts taking a bite out of one, "I'm not sure what happened exactly, but when I was recovering at the mansion, Marisa had run off when Sakuya and Alice weren't looking. They hadn't found her still by the time Sakuya dropped me off at home."

"Why were you at the mansion? They usually don't let people inside without a good reason..."

"Well, when I had last gone there I let Sakuya know about my grimoire, since I was told Patchouli might know something. When I came there to deliver some of the furniture Sakuya had requested be fixed, I was told Patchouli had agreed to see me."

"Did she find anything out?" asked the miko, her tone tinted with curiousity.

You smile grimly and nod your head, "Found out quite a bit about it, although neither Patchouli or Alice were able to study it as in-depth as they hoped. You see, I let Patchouli borrow it overnight, while me and Marisa slept in a room near the entrance to the Voile library. When I got this book, Yukari's note told me not to lose it, but I thought since the library was across the hall I was close enough but... well, anyway," you shake your head and run a hand through your hair, "when I woke up in the morning, I was in horrible pain and couldn't really move. I even started to cough up blood, I probably would've died if Sakuya hadn't come in to check on me."

Reimu stared at you blankly, her look a mixture of confusion and worry, "W-was this because of our sparring yesterday? I didn't hurt you or anything, did I!?"

"No, no! It's not your fault at all. See this grimoire here, the most important thing Patchouli and Alice discovered about it, is it's what is keeping me alive. I had seperated myself from it, over a greater distance then I thought, and as a result I nearly died."

"It's keeping you... alive? What the hell is that supposed to mean!?"

You can only shake your head in response, "I'm not sure what it means. But if I lose this grimoire, I'll die. Yukari gave it to me, so I guess only she knows the answer."

Reimu shook her head, finishing off the riceball, "And finding Yukari isn't easy, even for me. It's kind of a pain, really..." she sighed, and looked back over to you, "when you were asleep and... dying... where was Marisa?"

"She was asleep next to me actually. She didn't wake up during the whole thing, and I couldn't really move to wake her either..."

"... Did you ever talk to her after all this happened?" asked the maiden, her gaze turning blank.

You blinked in surprise at the subtle change of tone in voice, "Well, no. Why?"

Reimu practically facepalmed as she then threw her arms up in frustration, "You MORON. No wonder she ran off! She's obviously guilt-ridden about you nearly dieing, while she was sleeping right next to you. But even when you were better, you made no attempt to even try to talk to her. She was probably crying her eyes out, worrying if you were going to die the entire time!"

That thought hadn't ever really occured to you, had it? This kind of made you feel like a jerk, now that you thought about it... Marisa had looked like she was crying quite a bit, but you hadn't really gone and talked to her after the whole ordeal had you?

"... I've really gone and made her worry, haven't I?" you mutter with a sign, rubbing your temples.

"Yeah you have. Marisa is a pretty happy person most of the time, but... well, even she can get worried." Reimu sighed, and got to her feet, "I'm sure she'll turn up eventually. When she does, you really need to go talk to her. Alright?"

You nod your head, "Yeah. I hope they find her soon..."

"Don't worry about it. Marisa isn't really a good hider, they'll find her eventually. Now, all that aside..." Reimu's gaze hardened just a bit, "I think I'll need to make you work extra hard today, to make up for being late, and not properly looking out for your friends Reina."

~

The tailsman landed dead center on your chest, and before you could move to try to tear it off it detonated, sending you tumbling head over heels onto the stone floor around the shrine. As you groaned and shakingly got up to your feet, smoke still wisping off your body, you could only look up in horror as Reimu launched a pair of tailsmen at you, the paper immediately sticking to your body before exploding once more. The pair of explosions sent you crashing to the ground once more, and you could only lay there in pain as the smoke curled off your body.

No further attacks came however, and you could hear footsteps approach, until Reimu was standing above you, looking down at you with a frown.

"Well, that was pretty terrible Reina. You did manage to dodge a few of them for a while, but it seems you lack the endurance or focus to keep it up for long. How do you feel?"

"Like I've been blown up." you mumble weakly, unable to even muster the strength to sit up.

"If you were better at dodging, you'd be in a lot less pain you know. But well, I guess for a first-timer, you didn't do terribly bad. Can you stand?"

"I can barely even twitch right now..." you groan in pain.

Reimu sighs and carefully helps you to your feet, letting you lean on her as she helps guide you into the shrine. Once inside, she lets you tumble to the floor in a heap as she goes to fetch some things. Groaning, you manage to sit up and give yourself a quick visual check.

Despite having been blown up by a number of tailsmen, you weren't bleeding anywhere and all your limbs were still attached. Guess they weren't kidding when they said danmaku wasn't lethal. Still, while you weren't physically wounded, your clothing was another matter - it was heavily burnt, covered in some stains, and even had been ripped and torn from explosions or from your scrapes on the ground.

In short, you were a wreck. You look up to see that Reimu has returned and places a wooden box on the table, you notice she's also carrying a simple cotton robe, similar to one she had loaned you before. She tosses the robe to you, before taking a seat.

"You can change into that later, if you like. Now then..." the miko reaches over and opens the box, rummaging around and taking some things from it, "this might be a little advanced, but we can at least do the easy and simple part of this process first."

"Simple part of what process?" you ask, scooting closer to the table.

"Of making a spell card of course. Without any actual danmaku talent, you can't actually use one of course... but you can at least start making your very first one. Well, at least naming it." Reimu hands you a blank card, that has the yin-yang symbol on the back, "These are one of mine, of course, so they won't work even if you had the talent. But, consider it a sort of souvenier. So, pay attention, and I'll show you how you properly put a name on one of these cards, and how you would use it..."

---

Your own mock spellcard?: (Mandatory)
[ ] What is the sign?
[ ] What is the name?

Afterwords...
[ ] Ask if Reimu could escort you home?
- [ ] Take a bath and crash.
- [ ] See about contacting Yuuka?
- [ ] Other?
[ ] See if you can stay the night here?
- [ ] Hot spring now please.
- [ ] Other?
[ ] Other?

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Blank Hakurei Spellcard

System:
> You've learned to Graze! Although you're rather terrible at it, but still...
>> No. 97984
Spell card name?
Mundane Sign: Shattered table.

Not impressive but then again it's a basic card name.

[x] Ask if Reimu could escort you home?
- [x] Leave a note for Marisa if she comes by.
- [x] Take a bath and crash.

Well that made me feel awful, I at least put some thought into consoling her.
>> No. 97988
[x] Mundane Sign
-[x] Shattered Table

[x] Ask if Reimu could escort you home?
- [x] Leave a note for Marisa if she comes by.
- [x] Take a bath and crash.
>> No. 97995
[x] Mundane Sign
-[x] Shattered Table

[x] Ask if Reimu could escort you home?
- [x] Leave a note for Marisa if she comes by.
- [x] Take a bath and crash.
>> No. 98003
[x] Mundane Sign
-[x] Shattered Table

[x] Ask if Reimu could escort you home?
- [x] Leave a note for Marisa if she comes by.
- [x] Take a bath and crash.
>> No. 98022
[x] Mundane Sign
-[x] Flipped Kotatsu

[x] Ask if Reimu could escort you home?
- [x] Leave a note for Marisa if she comes by.
- [x] Take a bath and crash.

Sticking to the classics.
Perhaps MEGATON PUNCH will be next.
>> No. 98035
File 125540049726.jpg - (243.26KB , 1021x1053 , 407bab76995aadf9b038123a7e578dd4.jpg ) [iqdb]
98035
[x] Mundane Sign
-[x] Shattered Table

[x] Ask if Reimu could escort you home?
- [x] Leave a note for Marisa if she comes by.
- [x] Take a bath and crash.

You're not exactly sure how you managed to go about making your little mock spellcard, Reimu's explanation was quite technical and you're pretty sure you zoned out during it somewhere along the line. Either way, you had somehow managed to do it! Or, at least somehow managed to properly write and set up a spellcard to be used, if you had a lick of danmaku ability yet. Reimu examined your attempt at a spellcard, before handing it back to you with a shrug.

"Well, you got the basics down. We'll have to work on finding a way to make you be able to actually use it of course, but that'll just come with time."

You nod and decide to carry the spellcard within your book, as a sort of bookmark really, "How do you think all this training is going, Reimu?"

"I guess it isn't going too bad really. You're the first person I've tried to teach, so I don't really have anything to compare it to, besides my own training, and well... compared to me? Going rather slow. But that's to be expected, considering you're not even a native."

You nod, "Well, it's nice to know I'm making progress at least." you cast a quick glance outside, noting the darkness, "Ah, no way I can go back home on my own like this... the youkai are going to be prowling about."

"Well, Keine might be on patrol, so if you screamed really, really loud, she might get to you before they gobble you up!" teased Reimu with a grin,

You chuckle and shake your head, "Or I could just ask the helpful, friendly Hakurei shrine maiden to escort me home, couldn't I?"

"Ah, how can I say no to my student?" the miko laughs, getting to her feet, "Well, let's get going. The sooner I get you home, the sooner I can get some sleep."

During the descent down the path to the village, Reimu opting to 'take the scenic route' as she put it, you can't help but spot the occasional flicker of glowing eyes in the distance. Of course, they never get anywhere close, and the entire trip is uneventful. Reaching home without incident, the miko bids you good night, before hopping up into the air and lazily flying back towards the shrine.

When you enter your home, you quickly note it's rather chilly, and the first thing you do is get the fire going. With that accomplished, you take a quick peek inside your workshop, noting most of the furniture is now gone - more then just what Sakuya had requested. Worried someone may have broken in and stolen furniture (a bit of a silly thought, but who knows?) you find a note from Sakuya:

"I had some of the maids drop off some of your finished orders. Don't freak out now. - Sakuya"

Breathing a sigh of relief, you place the note away, heading upstairs for a well-deserved bath, and an even more well-deserved sleep. As you pass into the shop portion of your home, you pause and think back to Marisa. While you're unsure if she'd drop by anytime, you suppose it couldn't hurt to be safe. Fetching your notepad and pen, you write out a note directed to the witch telling her if she sees this note, to just wait until you wake up so she can talk to her. While Marisa isn't Aya, you suppose it can't hurt to leave a note for her, in the event she snuck in for whatever reason.

With that out of the way, you head upstairs to your bedroom to get that bath and sleep taken care of... today was another day.

~

You're not sure why you woke up in the middle of the night. It was dead quiet, but yet you found yourself opening your eyes and sitting up in bed. Looking around you, suddenly quite wide awake, you make out someone seated in your room. Your first thought was it was Marisa, having seen your note and was patiently waiting for you to wake up. But the thought is quickly disproved - the figure is taller then Marisa, and lacks the signiture witch's hat.

"It's been a while, hasn't it~?" cooed the figure, rising from your chair.

The voice is immediately familiar to you, "Y-yukari?"

You can hear Yukari clapping, as she walks closer to your bed, "Ah! You remember me. How delightful."

Reaching over to turn on the lamp near your nightstand, the light revealing it was indeed Yukari in your room, you turn your attention to her, "I have to say, I'm surprised to see you here..."

"I just thought I should check up on you! After all, I invested quite a bit of time and effort to bring you here! But let's see what you've been up to..." you didn't notice it before, but Yukari was holding your grimoire and was busily flipping through the pages, "my, my quite a lot. Oh, met Yuuka even? Such a friendly and outgoing girl you've been! Ah, see you found out the hard way about listening to my little note, didn't you Reina? Tsk, tsk. Well, I guess as long as you learned your lesson, it's alright~."

"Y-you can find out what I've been doing, from reading that?" you ask in shock, no one has ever seen anything when they looked in your grimoire.

The gap youkai giggled and pointed her fan at you, as she closed the grimoire, "But of course I can! I'm sure you have so many questions to ask me, don't you? I suppose I might answer one or two... of course, I might not answer any~."

---

Suddenly, Yukari in the night!:
[ ] Question the youkai?
- [ ] Write-in questions
[ ] Mandatory write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Mundane Sign: Shattered Table spellcard
>> No. 98036
[x] Question the youkai?
-[x] What about that is keeping me alive? Is it keeping my health in check?
-[x] What is that book exactly and why does it have other people's writing
-[x] But Thank you for this new lease on life.
>> No. 98046
[+] Question the youkai?
-[+] Why exactly did you bring me to Gensokyo?
-[+] Why is my life tied to this grimoire?
-[+] What's wrong with me, exactly?

I, for one, would like to know more about Reina's illness.
>> No. 98047
[x] Question the youkai?
-[x] Why exactly did you bring me to Gensokyo?
-[x] Why is my life tied to this grimoire?
-[x] What's wrong with me, exactly?
>> No. 98051
[x] Question the youkai?
-[x] Why exactly did you bring me to Gensokyo?
-[x] Why is my life tied to this grimoire?
-[x] What's wrong with me, exactly?
>> No. 98054
Mandatory write-in option:

[X]SHOE IN THE FACE
[X]'I'm not a zoo animal who lives and dies for your amusement! Get the hell away from my house!'
>> No. 98080
[0] Question the youkai?
-[1] Why exactly did you bring me to Gensokyo?
-[2] Why is my life tied to this grimoire?
-[3] What's wrong with me, exactly?
>> No. 98081
[X]SHOE IN THE FACE
[X]'I'm not a zoo animal who lives and dies for your amusement! Get the hell away from my house!'
>> No. 98085
[x] Question the youkai?
-[x] Why exactly did you bring me to Gensokyo?
-[x] Why is my life tied to this grimoire?
-[x] What's wrong with me, exactly?
>> No. 98088
[x] Make some tea for both of you.
[x] Question the youkai?
-[x] Why exactly did you bring me to Gensokyo?
-[x] Why is my life tied to this grimoire?
-[x] What's wrong with me, exactly?
>> No. 98097
[x] Question the youkai?
-[x] Why exactly did you bring me to Gensokyo?
-[x] Why is my life tied to this grimoire?
-[x] What's wrong with me, exactly?
>> No. 98141
[+] Question the youkai?
-[+] Why exactly did you bring me to Gensokyo?
-[+] Why is my life tied to this grimoire?
-[+] What's wrong with me, exactly?
>> No. 98147
File 125544821049.jpg - (404.70KB , 533x754 , 5a613ad3cf081a77947fac2fdc958d84.jpg ) [iqdb]
98147
[x] Make some tea for both of you.
[x] Question the youkai?
-[x] Why exactly did you bring me to Gensokyo?
-[x] Why is my life tied to this grimoire?
-[x] What's wrong with me, exactly?

While you're surprised at Yukari's sudden appearence, you still feel obligated to treat her like a traditional houseguest, and start to move to get out of bed. The gap youkai shakes her finger scoldingly.

"No, no I insist you stay in bed Reina. I know what you're thinking, but it's quite fine." the youkai reached her hand into one of her odd-looking gaps, pulling a tea cup from it, "I brought my own. But I do appreciate the gesture."

Glancing at your nightstand, you notice a teacup has been placed there and gently pick it up, "Thanks. And, well yes I have many, many questions but..." you take a sip of the tea, "I suspect you'll answer only a few, if any?"

Yukari shrugs innocently, sipping her tea, "Maybe, maybe not~."

You frown slightly, "Well, guess it can't ever hurt to ask... I suppose I'll start with one that's been bugging me for a while. Why did you bring me here, to Gensokyo, anyway?"

"I expected you would ask that. That's the question, isn't it? Outsiders appearing in Gensokyo isn't terribly uncommon, although most end up here without warning, and are quickly gobbled up - as I'm sure you've doubtless heard, yes? Now, outsiders appearing with outside help? Much less common, considering mainpulating the border to lure humans in, is more likely to attract Reimu's attention... unless you're me of course. She couldn't tell if I manipulate it if she was staring at it," the youkai chuckled at that thought, "of course, youkai directly luring humans in is for the sole purpose of eating them. Unless it's me, of course~."

"I feel like you're kind of avoiding the question, Yukari..."

The youkai snaps her fan open and covers the lower half of her face with it, "Oh? Do you think so? Perhaps, or perhaps not~." with another snap, the fan vanished from view, "How about I just say... you were... interesting. Yes, let's go with that. That'll have to satisify your curiousity for now little Reina~."

Getting a straight answer out of Yukari would likely be akin to pulling teeth, regardless you press on, "Well, I guess that's better then nothing. How about something a little more recent, and important... the grimoire. Why does it seem to hold my life in check?"

Yukari's eyes twinkled in amusement, "Another question I expected. That I'm afraid, would be a bit too much to wrap your head around. Plus, it would deprive you of such a goal! To discover the secrets of the grimoire~!" the youkai rubbed her chin thoughtfully for a moment, "I'll give you a somewhat simplified explanation, just enough to entice you some more, of course. Let's view the grimoire as a bottle, and your life is what's inside it. If you remove the bottle, the contents will of course spill out. Wait too long, and that liquid will either get sucked up, or simply dry up. Much like your life, if you ever lose that grimoire, or seperate yourself too far from it.

So perhaps it's less of a bottle, and more like a fish tank. And I guess that makes you more like a fish... or maybe it's more like a..." the youkai trails off, shrugging, "so perhaps metaphorical comparisons aren't my forte tonight. Let's just leave it at, 'don't lose it, or you'll die~'."

With each failed attempt to pry information from the youkai, you suspect you're unlikely to learn much of value, other then reinforcing points you have been made recently painfully aware of, "Well, can you tell me what's wrong with me? I was never able to afford visiting a doctor, so I was never sure why I was so ill..."

"Ah, that. Well, it's actually kind of tied to the grimoire actually... and some other things." Yukari frowned, sipping her tea, "Learn enough about that grimoire, and you'll find your exact answer. But I suppose I can tell you a little bit. As I'm sure you may have realized, at some point in your old life, your condition was quite fatal. Had you ever managed to visit a doctor, they would've been unable to diagonise you, and whatever medication you may have been given would've had no effect. Your condition was simply beyond human understanding.

Truth be told, you're still ill actually. The grimoire, as I'm sure you guessed from your recent experience, is what keeps you alive now. Ah, I've babbled just a wee bit too much I suppose, my, my I'm terrible at stopping myself sometimes, aren't I~?" teased the youkai.

"Not really, getting information out of you is like trying to break into a bank or something..." you mutter with a sigh.

"Telling you everything isn't the same as letting you discover it yourself. I have faith you'll be the one to solve the mysteries around the grimoire... everyone else I've given it too, has been far less successful then you." comments Yukari with a sigh.

"Others? So I'm not the first?"

The gap youkai blinks in surprise, "Of course not! Did you think all the entries you found within weren't written by the holders of the grimoire? I can assure you they were. The previous owners all met rather... untimely ends. The most recent I believe, was turned into fertilizer by Yuuka, when he attemped to set fire to her flowers in a fit of madness. Or something like that, he was quite the odd fellow, raving about all the 'beautiful women' that could kill him. Funny man, but very, very odd."

Your memory flashes back to the house you had met Yuuka in, a bit chilling imagining you had been inside the home of someone whom had been in your same position, "Would you say I'm doing rather well?"

"You're not doing half bad I'll say. You've managed to adapt far better then most of the holders, a few went mad from the simple revelation that they were in Gensokyo. I believe their heads tended to explode, that was an odd sight the first time. You've also managed to make quite a few friends, which wasn't a trait shared by many of the others. Perhaps most shockingly, is you have an unusually powerful spirit beneath it all, I imagine this may be why Yuuka is quite interested in you.

Of course, you can barely tap into it, although your danmaku training with lovely Reimu, is certainly helping a bit. But there are a few fundamental issues involved... mostly things that not even Reimu, or all the training in the world could fix." the youkai smiled, "Of course, I could do something about it. But there may be... side effects, things I can't foresee."

"W-what kind of side effects, exactly?"

"In the worst case scenario, you could just keel over dead afterwords. I don't expect that though, I'm rather good at what I do of course~." Yukari studied you carefully, "So the question is, do you wish for me to do this for you? The longer you wait, the easier it'll be but... the longer you wait, the weaker your spirit will become. Wait too long, and yes, you will die, quite painfully I might add. So maybe it's not much of a choice, but I feel I should ask anyway~."

---

UNLIMITED POW- I mean... an offer of power, or perhaps something else?:
[ ] Accept!
- [ ] Question Yukari further?
- [ ] Other
[ ] This sees too risky...
- [ ] Questions?
- [ ] Other
[ ] Mandatory write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Mundane Sign: Shattered Table spellcard

System:
> + Yukari Yakumo

It occurs to me, I forgot my trip this time, AND last. Blargh.
>> No. 98167
[x] Accept!
- [x] Die painfully!? Even with the Grimoire?
- [x] How might this affect my lifespan if all goes well?
>> No. 98168
[x] Accept!
- [x] Die painfully!? Even with the Grimoire?
- [x] How might this affect my lifespan if all goes well?
>> No. 98169
[x] Accept!
- [x] Die painfully!? Even with the Grimoire?
- [x] How might this affect my lifespan if all goes well?
- [x] Doesn't spirit power regenerate?
>> No. 98172
[x] Accept!
- [x] Die painfully!? Even with the Grimoire?
- [x] How might this affect my lifespan if all goes well?
- [x] Can you do it right now?

The last one is given but meh.
>> No. 98177
[x] Accept!
- [x] Die painfully!? Even with the Grimoire?
- [x] How might this affect my lifespan if all goes well?
>> No. 98211
[x] Accept!
- [x] Die painfully!? Even with the Grimoire?
- [x] How might this affect my lifespan if all goes well?
>> No. 98233
File 125547678372.png - (279.09KB , 700x687 , 62e91ee330c9c6c49d083bd9bd714ef0.png ) [iqdb]
98233
[x] Accept!
- [x] Die painfully!? Even with the Grimoire?
- [x] How might this affect my lifespan if all goes well?

You shake your head slightly, "So wait, if I don't choose to do this, I might die anyway, even with the grimoire? But if I do, I might die anyway still?"

"More or less yes. It's not the greatest choice in the world, but I feel it's rude to shove things on people, when they may not want them~."

This coming from a youkai you more or less knew for a minute, before being dumped into Gensokyo without warning. You're pretty sure there's a loose screw or two in Yukari's head.

"Ok, well, assuming the best case scenario, is this going to have any sort of impact on my lifespan...?"

Yukari rubs her chin in thought for a moment, "It shouldn't. There should be no direct impact on your lifespan I believe. It may increase it by a small amount, perhaps... as well as maybe open a few little roads, here and there, to things~."

Taking a moment to consider the 'offer', finishing the cup of tea, you sigh before nodding your head, "Alright. I'll do it. So what do I have to do, exactly...?"

"Just hold still. The pain should only be temporary~." said Yukari in a happy tone, as she extended her parasol to poke you in the forehead,

Perhaps you would've remembered the last time Yukari made contact with you in the forehead, sure it had been her fingertip last time, but the result was essentially the same - everything exploded into whiteness.

~

Groaning, you blink and open your eyes, slowly sitting up in bed and looking about. There's no sign of Yukari anywhere, nor of the tea cup you had last night either, but the grimoire is resting on your nightstand as it was before. Retrieving the book, you crawl out of bed and stretch, your joints popping and cracking in response, as you head downstairs to go about making yourself something to eat before you started your day.

You're not sure if last night's move had even done anything, you felt normal, no different then you had many other days of waking up. The ground floor of your home looked undisturbed, beyond your daily issue of the Bunbunmaru, which meant it was unlikely Marisa had dropped by at any point during the night. You could only wonder if they had found her by now, and if they had, of how she felt. You really had gone and made that whole situation a lot worse by simply not speaking to her, hadn't you?

Retrieving the newspaper, you head into the kitchen and go about making some scrambled eggs and toast, as you notice a note attached to the paper.

"I thought you'd want to know, but they found Marisa late last night. She's fine, don't worry about it. - Aya"

Well, that felt like a huge weight had been lifted off your shoulders, at least you knew Marisa was safe and sound now. You don't find anything of particular interest in the Bunbunmaru, but you do find it odd that the tengu hadn't written an article about the witch's disappearence. Perhaps she had heard of it, but had been persuaded to not write about it? Ah, who knew really...

Finishing your breakfast, you store the newspaper away with the other issues Aya had delivered, before returning upstairs for a bath and change of clothing. With your morning routine done, you now had the rest of the day to yourself! With Sakuya's order done, and the maid's unasked for (but not unappreciated) help all your small little tasks had been finished. Not to mention all this work was leaving you with a rather sizeable amount of money, the bulk of which was from the Scarlet Devil Mansion, not that you really had a clue to do with it all.

---

A day all to yourself~:
[ ] Visit Reimu at the shrine?
- [ ] Mention your encounter with Yukari?
- [ ] Danmaku lessons!
- [ ] Other
[ ] Wander around the village?
- [ ] Visit Keine at the schoolhouse?
- [ ] Window shop? (Anything in particular?)
- [ ] Other?
[ ] Mandatory write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Mundane Sign: Shattered Table spellcard
>> No. 98235
[ ] Wander around the village?
- [ ] Visit Keine at the schoolhouse?
>> No. 98237
[x] Wander around the village?
-[x] Visit Keine at the schoolhouse?
>> No. 98238
>>98233
-Ask Yuuka to help you bake a cake for Marisa
>> No. 98240
[x] Wander around the village?
- [x] Visit Keine at the schoolhouse?
- [x] Window shop
-- [x] Carrying bag for the grimoire
-- [x] A few simple set of clothes to wear to training.
[x] Stop by the Shrine afterwards
-[x] Tell Reimu about what happened with Yukari
-[x] Arrange a date for the next lesson in the case there's no time today or if she doesn't feel like it.

Spending some time with Keine wouldn't be a bad idea, perhaps find a bit more about the area's history.

Then stopping by Reimu's to tell her what happened and to perhaps test Yukari's tweak.
>> No. 98241
[X] Visit Reimu at the shrine?
- [X] Danmaku lessons!
Let's see if her skills were affected.
>> No. 98246
[0] Wander around the village?
-[1] Visit Keine at the schoolhouse?
>> No. 98248
[X] Visit Reimu at the shrine?
- [X] Danmaku lessons!
>> No. 98252
[x] Wander around the village?
-[x] Visit Keine at the schoolhouse?
>> No. 98254
[X] Visit Reimu at the shrine?
- [X] Danmaku lessons!
>> No. 98256
[x] Wander around the village?
-[x] Visit Keine at the schoolhouse?
>> No. 98276
[+] A little morning gardening wouldn't hurt - check on the plants Yuuka grew for you.
[+] Wander around the village
- [+] Visit Keine at the schoolhouse
- [+] Window shop
-- [+] Carrying bag for the grimoire
-- [+] A few simple set of clothes to wear to training.
[+] Stop by the Shrine afterwards
-[+] Tell Reimu about what happened with Yukari
-[+] Arrange a date for the next lesson in the case there's no time today or if she doesn't feel like it.
-[+] Leave donations.
-[+] Find a way to pay a visit to Marisa, in case we haven't already by now.
>> No. 98317
[+] A little morning gardening wouldn't hurt - check on the plants Yuuka grew for you.
[+] Wander around the village
- [+] Visit Keine at the schoolhouse
- [+] Window shop
-- [+] Carrying bag for the grimoire
-- [+] A few simple set of clothes to wear to training.
[+] Stop by the Shrine afterwards
-[+] Tell Reimu about what happened with Yukari
-[+] Arrange a date for the next lesson in the case there's no time today or if she doesn't feel like it.
-[+] Leave donations.
-[+] Find a way to pay a visit to Marisa, in case we haven't already by now.
Massive write-in~
>> No. 98318
[x] A little morning gardening wouldn't hurt - check on the plants Yuuka grew for you.
[x] Wander around the village
- [x] Visit Keine at the schoolhouse
- [x] Window shop
-- [x] Carrying bag for the grimoire
-- [x] A few simple set of clothes to wear to training.
[x] Stop by the Shrine afterwards
-[x] Tell Reimu about what happened with Yukari
-[x] Arrange a date for the next lesson in the case there's no time today or if she doesn't feel like it.
-[x] Leave donations.
-[x] Find a way to pay a visit to Marisa, in case we haven't already by now.
>> No. 98342
[x] A little morning gardening wouldn't hurt - check on the plants Yuuka grew for you.
[x] Wander around the village
- [x] Visit Keine at the schoolhouse
- [x] Window shop
-- [x] Carrying bag for the grimoire
-- [x] A few simple set of clothes to wear to training.
[x] Stop by the Shrine afterwards
-[x] Tell Reimu about what happened with Yukari
-[x] Arrange a date for the next lesson in the case there's no time today or if she doesn't feel like it.
-[x] Leave donations.
-[x] Find a way to pay a visit to Marisa, in case we haven't already by now.
>> No. 98344
[x] A little morning gardening wouldn't hurt - check on the plants Yuuka grew for you.
[x] Wander around the village
- [x] Visit Keine at the schoolhouse
- [x] Window shop
-- [x] Carrying bag for the grimoire
-- [x] A few simple set of clothes to wear to training.
[x] Stop by the Shrine afterwards
-[x] Tell Reimu about what happened with Yukari
-[x] Arrange a date for the next lesson in the case there's no time today or if she doesn't feel like it.
-[x] Leave donations.
-[x] Find a way to pay a visit to Marisa, in case we haven't already by now.
>> No. 98345
[x] A little morning gardening wouldn't hurt - check on the plants Yuuka grew for you.
[x] Wander around the village
- [x] Visit Keine at the schoolhouse
- [x] Window shop
-- [x] Carrying bag for the grimoire
-- [x] A few simple set of clothes to wear to training.
[x] Stop by the Shrine afterwards
-[x] Tell Reimu about what happened with Yukari
-[x] Arrange a date for the next lesson in the case there's no time today or if she doesn't feel like it.
-[x] Leave donations.
-[x] Find a way to pay a visit to Marisa, in case we haven't already by now.
>> No. 98347
File 125554001094.png - (528.59KB , 827x827 , fb646ce8ae0816637450ad8c4a591999.png ) [iqdb]
98347
[x] A little morning gardening wouldn't hurt - check on the plants Yuuka grew for you.
[x] Wander around the village
- [x] Visit Keine at the schoolhouse
- [x] Window shop
-- [x] Carrying bag for the grimoire
-- [x] A few simple set of clothes to wear to training.
[x] Stop by the Shrine afterwards
-[x] Tell Reimu about what happened with Yukari
-[x] Arrange a date for the next lesson in the case there's no time today or if she doesn't feel like it.
-[x] Leave donations.
-[x] Find a way to pay a visit to Marisa, in case we haven't already by now.

Peering outside at the shining sun, you remember Yuuka had gone through a whole lot of effort to grow you all those plants, you owed it to her to make sure you took proper care of them. Either that or she'd probably turn you into fertilizer, then use you to fertilize the very plants she had helped you grow out of some form of twisted irony, or something. You probably should stop thinking of the horrible ways Yuuka may kill you if you neglect her plants, it feels a tad creepy. Putting away the dishes, you head outside visually checking and examining the large assortment of plants Yuuka had grown for you.

As you go about your work, a sudden issue comes to mind. Back home, the land wasn't very fertile and you were never much of a gardener, so you didn't even own a watering can! Without any sort of water source, you couldn't even water the plants... although, none of them seem to be in any desperate need of water, but you should probably look into getting a watering can soon. None of your vegetables or fruit were ripe for eating yet either, although they did seem to be growing abnormally fast, and you expect you would be able to have fresh vegetables and fruit to eat soon.

Well, with the health of your garden confirmed, you decide now would be a good time as any to swing by the village and go buy some supplies. Judging by the position of the sun, school was probably in session as well, and you hadn't visited Keine in some time - didn't she want to introduce you to someone, when you last met? Collecting a bit of shopping money, you leave your home and head down towards the village.

Deciding to visit the schoolhouse first, wondering if you'd catch Keine when she isn't busy, you can't help but notice the villagers seem to recognize you by sight, offering waves and greetings as you pass by (which you return, of course). Maybe all your work was starting to earn you a little bit of reown around the village? An interesting thought. As you near the schoolhouse you can hear the laughter of children (well, and youkai, and fairies...) at play, seems you came at a good time after all.

Keine offers you a smile as she notices you, "Ah, Reina. It's nice to see you again, I trust you've been well?"

Thinking back to the whole Marisa thing, probably not too horribly well, but you think it'd be best to not be whining about it, "Ah, yes I have. I think I'm really starting to get used to living around here, it's pretty peaceful."

"I'm glad to hear it, and yes it is rather nice isn't it? Have you been out exploring much?"

"Not too terribly much, I'm afraid my own danmaku skills aren't developed enough to actually defend myself..." you say with a shrug.

The schoolteacher raises an eyebrow curiously, "Danmaku skills? I was under the impression outsiders couldn't learn danmaku. Have you been taking lessons?"

"From Reimu actually. Though, they seem to be mostly stress relief exercises for her, considering how badly she thrashes me on a daily basis..."

The youkai giggles and nods her head, "Sounds like Reimu. Her mother was a very strict teacher, but she was very kind, she was well-liked around the village..." Keine's face seems to blush, as if recalling a particularly fond memory, "I, ah, I mean, we as a whole, miss her. Reimu isn't a bad person of course, but she's a bit... distant. It makes me feel happy to see you spend time with her, even if it's just for your lessons. She might not act like it, but I'm sure she appreciates the company."

---

Perhaps, spend some time with Keine?:
[ ] Question her more about...
- [ ] Reimu's mom?
- [ ] Other?
[ ] Offer to help her out?
[ ] Politely take your leave, and continue about your day?
[ ] Mandatory write-in

Pending:
- [x] Window shop
-- [x] Carrying bag for the grimoire
-- [x] A few simple set of clothes to wear to training.
[x] Stop by the Shrine afterwards
-[x] Tell Reimu about what happened with Yukari
-[x] Arrange a date for the next lesson in the case there's no time today or if she doesn't feel like it.
-[x] Leave donations.
-[x] Find a way to pay a visit to Marisa, in case we haven't already by now.

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Mundane Sign: Shattered Table spellcard
>> No. 98348
[x] Question her more about...
- [x] Reimu's mom?

After that...
[x] Politely take your leave, and continue about your day.
>> No. 98349
[x] Question her more about...
- [x] Reimu's mom?

After that...
[x] Politely take your leave, and continue about your day.

This is going to be interesting.
>> No. 98353
[x] Question her more about...
- [x] Reimu's mom?

After that...
[x] Politely take your leave, and continue about your day.
>> No. 98356
[x] Question her more about...
- [x] Reimu's mom?

After that...
[x] Politely take your leave, and continue about your day.

I hope this doesn't disrupt our schedule too badly, but this should be interesting.
>> No. 98358
[x] Question her more about...
- [x] Reimu's mom?
- [x] Didn't she have someone she wanted me to meet?
- [x] About flying?

It occurs to me that we haven't asked anyone for more information on how to fly, yet we've been pursuing danmaku very heavily. Perhaps we should start looking into a method of transport, even if its just a magical jetpack. Especially if its a magical jetpack.

> - [x] Ask her about her silly hat?

I want to do this very badly, but not really sure how she'd take it. On a similar note, do we have a silly hat yet? I don't recall our description having one. Perhaps we should invest in one.
>> No. 98360
[x] Question her more about...
- [x] Reimu's mom?
- [x] Didn't she have someone she wanted me to meet?
- [x] About flying?
- [x] 'I don't mean to be rude, but, why do you wear your lunchbox in your head?'

Clueless moe
>> No. 98361
[x] Question her more about...
- [x] Reimu's mom?
- [x] About flying?

After that...
[x] Politely take your leave, and continue about your day.
>> No. 98388
[x] Question her more about...
- [x] Reimu's mom?
- [x] About flying?

After that...
[x] Politely take your leave, and continue about your day.
>> No. 98389
[0] Question her more about...
- [1] Reimu's mom?
- [2] About flying?

After that...
[3] Politely take your leave, and continue about your day.
>> No. 98392
[x] Question her more about...
- [x] Reimu's mom?
- [x] About flying?

After that...
[x] Politely take your leave, and continue about your day.
>> No. 98393
[x] Question her more about...
- [x] Reimu's mom?
- [x] About flying?

After that...
[x] Politely take your leave, and continue about your day.
>> No. 98447
File 125556937322.jpg - (308.88KB , 615x694 , 14df47f4a8f31454034cdf1fcbed9d92.jpg ) [iqdb]
98447
[x] Question her more about...
- [x] Reimu's mom?
- [x] About flying?

After that...
[x] Politely take your leave, and continue about your day.

"Well, I suppose if me being her punching bag a couple of hours a day is good for her, I guess it'll make it all the more worth it, right?" you tease, grinning.

Keine smiles and nods her head, "Well, it'd be nicer if you could just hang out like normal humans, but if that's what it takes..."

Taking a seat on a nearby rock, you glance about at the various students at play, before turning your attention back to Keine, "This might be kind of sudden, but you got've me curious now... just what was Reimu's mom like? Or, ah, is this something better to ask Reimu herself?"

"Reimu probably wouldn't tell you much, not that she doesn't love her mother of course, it's simply the kind of person she is. But I'm a bit surprised to see you so curious suddenly, then again, as a schoolteacher maybe I should feel happy someone is interested in a bit of history." the youkai nods her head, "Had you been here when Ms. Hakurei was here, I would imagine you couldn't tell she was Reimu's mother, beyond appearences of course. The two were quite different in terms of personality, I'm sure you're quite familiar with Reimu's?"

You nod, "Maybe not horribly familiar, but I think I've got a pretty good idea."

"Ms. Hakurei was always very outgoing and active, always helping around the village and keeping up regular patrols around the village to ward off youkai. The path up to the shrine itself, used to be very safe, although it has declined as of late. Ah, not that Reimu herself isn't good at keeping youkai away of course, they do seem to be growing more aggressive as of late but..." Keine shakes her head, "I don't mean to speak any sort of ill words about Reimu as I tell you all this, I'd also appreciate it if you didn't tell Reimu herself. She may... take it offensively."

"It'll just be our little secret."

The schoolteacher seems to relax a bit, and nods her head, "In fact, Ms. Hakurei saved my life when I was younger, and she was always quite kind to me..." there's that blushed expression again, and her tone of voice seems to be just a tad softer then usual, "she was quite admired by many people around the village. I'm still not sure who Reimu's father was, Ms. Hakurei never did seem to take on any lovers, or partners, although she had considered it from time to time and had seemed interested in m- ah, n-nevermind!"

"Was Reimu's mother always busy with solving 'incidents', like Reimu herself is?"

"She wasn't involved in as many grand incidents as Reimu has experienced in her time, but yes she was quite busy from time to time. There's a bit of interesting history there, but I wouldn't feel too comfortable discussing it, as it involves more then just Ms. Hakurei and Reimu herself. Tell you what Reina, if you could perhaps get permission from Marisa and Alice, I'll tell you everything I know about Ms. Hakurei, alright?"

"Well, sounds fair enough. Would you have time for another quick question, Keine?"

The schoolteacher smiles, "I can always make time for a curious mind. What else is on your mind?"

"I'm afraid nothing as history-related, but I was actually curious about flight. Since I'm kind of restricted to walking, I've not really had much chance to explore much..."

"Well, even if you could fly, you'd need to know how to protect yourself. It might sound kind of cliche, but the further you go from the village, the stronger the wild youkai would become. Though, I guess that's what your danmaku lessons are for? Try asking Reimu about it. Believe it or not, danmaku and flying go hand in hand almost. After all, if you're restricted to the ground, danmaku is considerably more difficult to dodge, as you're restricted to only moving left or right really, now if you can fly, you add a completely three-dimensional..." Keine stops herself mid-sentence, chuckling softly, "ah, there I go explaining more then I have too. Just go ahead and ask Reimu, if you can do danmaku, you should be able to learn to fly as well."

You nod, rising up for your seat on the rock, "Thank you for your time Keine. I suppose I have held up your class long enough, haven't I?"

The youkai laughs, shaking her head, "Not at all. Have a good day Reina, remember if you need anything, please don't hesitate to stop by."

Departing the school after a quick wave, you decide to get some shopping done. You had been merely carrying the grimoire around for so long, you had thought it might be a good idea to find something to carry it in, if only to reduce the stress on your arm. While it takes a bit of window shopping, and inquiring, you do manage to at least purchase a bag slung over your shoulder, to carry the grimoire in. With that little problem out of the way, you look into buying some clothes just for training - as you learned the hard way yesterday, danmaku training had a habit of ruining clothes.

However, as Alice pointed out, the village had little in the way of selection beyond dresses or things such as kiminos or yukatas, things you wouldn't mind wearing under some circumstances, but none really seem too suitable (or cheap!) enough to use for danmaku training. Maybe you'd have to ask Alice, or this Rinnosuke person, for something... while you weren't able to find anything to wear, you did pick up a few snacks to bring with you to give to Reimu. Like yesterday, your trip up to the shrine was without harm, the sun still shining brightly in the sky.

And, as usual, you found Reimu lazily lounging on the shrine steps. She yawned and waved over at you, when she saw you carrying some snacks, she sat up and watched you much more intently, "Nice to see you Reina, ah, did you happen to bring anything for me...?"

You chuckle slightly as you hand her the snacks, "Actually, I got them for you. I'd bought something a bit more formal perhaps, but I well... wanted to drop by."

The miko begins to hungerily devour the snacks, as you take a seat nearby. Reimu glances at you, and halts her eating mid-bite, before cocking her head quizzically to the side, and swallowing her food.

"You seem... different, somehow. I can't explain it but... huh. Did anything special happen recently or something?"

"A-actually, I kind of did see Yukari last night..." you offer weakly.

Reimu's eyes widen a bit, "Really now? Yukari? Well, I guess night is the only time she's actually not asleep, but... what did she want?"

"Far as I could tell, she was just checking in on me. I did ask her some questions, but she never really gave me a straight answer about anything... although, she did seem to do... something to me. Something related to my spiritual power, or something. She didn't really give any specifics, all she did was poke me in the head with her umbrella, and I kind of ended up whiting out until morning."

"Really now? Interesting." the miko takes a bite out of a riceball, as she eyes you curiously, "Maybe that's why you just seem kind of different. Well, it's bad to work hard with food in your stomach, so how about today, we'll make you do most of the work. I'll just teach."

~

Panting for breath, you fall backwards onto the floor of the shrine with a dull thud. The sight of Reimu standing over you is becoming just a little too normal, rather then her somewhat disappointed look of yesterday, you can see her smirking just a bit, as she helps you to your feet.

"Well, not sure what Yukari had done to you, but whatever it was, it seems to have worked. I'll be honest, I didn't think I'd actually see you able to form, and use a danmaku bullet! Sure, Yuuka said you achieved it for a split second or something, but... not bad at all Reina, not bad."

You wipe at your brow with your sleeve, "Maybe I'll be more useful then a punching bag now?"

"Maybe slightly better. You've still got a ways to go!" taunted Reimu with a grin,

---

After training...:
[ ] Inquire about learning to fly?
[ ] Talk to Reimu?
- [ ] About? (write-in)
[ ] Just continue doing what you planned to do?
[ ] Other? (write-in)

Pending:
-[x] Arrange a date for the next lesson in the case there's no time today or if she doesn't feel like it.
-[x] Leave donations.
-[x] Find a way to pay a visit to Marisa, in case we haven't already by now.

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Mundane Sign: Shattered Table spellcard

System:
> + Keine Kamishirasawa
> You've learned danmaku properly! Although your endurance is low, you could at least make some flashy attempts to defend yourself. You don't know how to use spellcards, however.
>> No. 98456
[ ] Inquire about learning to fly?
>> No. 98459
[ℤℯ] Inquire about learning to fly?
>> No. 98465
[0] Inquire about learning to fly?
>> No. 98468
[x] Inquire about learning to fly?
>> No. 98484
[X] Inquire about learning to fly?
>> No. 98524
[x] Inquire about learning to fly?
>> No. 98545
[x] Inquire about learning to fly?
>> No. 98561
File 125561970956.jpg - (250.43KB , 600x690 , 422bc3445cc7197106e5df3eed080f30.jpg ) [iqdb]
98561
[x] Inquire about learning to fly?
-[x] Arrange a date for the next lesson in the case there's no time today or if she doesn't feel like it.
-[x] Leave donations.
-[x] Find a way to pay a visit to Marisa, in case we haven't already by now.

You chuckle, "Well, progress is progress... speaking of which, do you think I could maybe look into flying lessons? I feel kind of sorry having to rely on others to get me from place to place..."

"Really? You shouldn't feel bad about, I'm sure Marisa doesn't mind ferrying you around, but..." she pauses and rubs her chin, "I suppose teaching you it is possible. I guess it ties into danmaku training too. But not today, you're much too exhausted and further work is just going to risk you injuring yourself."

You nod your head, "Sounds fair enough. How about tomorrow then?"

"Such an eager student, aren't we? Well, drop by tomorrow and I'll see how you look. If you look fine, I'll see what I can do... yet another new experience..."

"Don't worry about Reimu, you're a fine teacher. Perhaps a bit rough and painful sometimes, but I guess you're just doing it for my own good, right?"

The miko blinks, and scratches her chin, "Yeah, sure." a pause, "... Mostly."

Guess you weren't too far-fetched in your guess that Reimu did enjoy using you as a punching bag... the Hakurei maiden was quite the odd one.

"I've been meaning to ask you Reimu, but... well, how come you always seem so eager to see me bringing things like food? I notice you only ever seem to have be eating rice usually too... I-I'm just curious, I don't mean anything by it of course!"

Reimu sighed and shook her head, "No, no it's alright... truth be told, I really don't have any money to purchase a lot of things. The rice I get is from the little I manage to gather. Marisa always tries to help but, I don't think I can stand eating another one of her mushroom dishes again. Plus, Suika and Yukari like to steal my food when I'm not looking." the miko shoulders slump a bit, "I do all this work for Gensokyo, and I don't get anything!"

"I thought shrines worked for free...?" you ask weakly.

"W-well of course we do! But we charge for services like weddings, exterminations, blessings... stuff like that. Donations are a pretty big part of it too, but well... I guess you know firsthand how risky it is to use the path up here, so it tends to scare people away, even when I insist they're safe if they just come during the day!" the girl shook her head again, "Plus with that darn Byakuren's temple now open, people go there instead... it's closer, and they all say she's so much nicer then me..."

Fishing about in your pockets, you pull out a rolled up bundle of bills, "Well, how about if I just gave you this - "

With surprising speed, Reimu's hand launched out and yanked the roll of bills from your hand, before hastily pulling off the string keeping it rolled, and greedily counting the money. Rubbing your hand a bit, checking that you managed to keep all your fingers attached, you can't help but feel a bit sorry for Reimu, living up here alone, and being able to barely afford food. Maybe your being in Gensokyo was going to have some benefits after all?

Your thought process in interrupted by the miko embracing you tightly, babbling incoherently, she almost sounds like she's... crying? You've never seen the miko so emotional before, especially not so physically, and it catches you offguard. Eventually, regaining your senses, you lightly return the hug, patting her reassuringly on the back.

"L-look, I make some good pay doing my line of work, so... how about I can just donate some of it once in a while? I can bring you snacks and food when I come too! Or, I could pay for the lessons, if you like..."

"Y-you'd really do that for me Reina?" Reimu has seemingly stopped crying, sniffling a little bit, "I mean, it is your hard-earned money after all..."

You smile and shake your head, "Really, I mean it. I don't need a lot of money anyway, and you look like you need it a lot more then I do. Does this little arrangement seem fair to you?"

"I'll only take the donations! And food! But the lessons... I can't ask you to pay for those now. This... this means a lot to me Reina, it really does." the miko wipes at her eyes a bit, "Thank you, thank you..."

---

Reimu looks so happy...:
[ ] Ask if Reimu could take you to visit Marisa?
[ ] Offer to go buy her some lunch?
[ ] Other? (write-in)

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Mundane Sign: Shattered Table spellcard

System:
> ++ Reimu Hakurei
>> No. 98565
Jesus fuck, she was starving
>> No. 98566
[x] Ask if Reimu could take you to visit Marisa?
[x] Offer to buy lunch on the way there for all three of you.
>> No. 98570
[x] Ask if Reimu could take you to visit Marisa?
[x] Offer to buy lunch on the way there for all three of you.
>> No. 98573
[x] Ask if Reimu could take you to visit Marisa?
[x] Offer to buy lunch on the way there for all three of you.
>> No. 98574
[x] Ask if Reimu could take you to visit Marisa?
[x] Offer to buy lunch on the way there for all three of you.
>> No. 98576
[x] Ask if Reimu could take you to visit Marisa?
[x] Offer to buy lunch on the way there for all three of you.
>> No. 98577
[x] Ask if Reimu could take you to visit Marisa?
[x] Offer to buy lunch on the way there for all three of you.
>> No. 98604
[x] Ask if Reimu could take you to visit Marisa?
[x] Offer to buy lunch on the way there for all three of you.
>> No. 98618
[x] Ask if Reimu could take you to visit Marisa?
[x] Offer to buy lunch on the way there for all three of you.
>> No. 98706
New thread here:
http://www.touhou-project.com/th/res/98704.html