[Return]
Archived Thread

File 125443620282.jpg - (895.18KB , 2000x2000 , b9f18f2efbfe0646240857ac68f18b62.jpg ) [iqdb]
96501 No. 96501
Continuation of >>95794

When we last left the writefag, he was making weak excuses for his slow and erratic updating speeds.

-----------

While the thought of heading back home for a nice meal (come to think of it, you didn't have lunch today, discounting that peach), taking it easy for the rest of the day and finally getting a good night's sleep is incredibly attractive by this point, you can't help but feel that nagging sensation somewhere in the back of your mind, tugging at your heartstrings. You've been making quite a few promises during your short-yet-eventful stay here in Gensokyo, haven't you? While being a nice and friendly guy is fine and all, the build-up of obligations might start feeling awfully heavy at some point. Ah well, what's done is done - now to deal with the dilemma that presents itself before you.

Start teaching Mystia, or go hang out with Flandre and Cirno? Ah, how convenient it would be to be able to split apart, be in two places at once... Is such a thing impossible even in Gensokyo? You'll have to ask Patchouli the next time you see her. Surely, she'll be back at school tomorrow, right? Right. For now, you flip a mental coin, deciding to do a little of both as it lands on its indecisive edge. Dragging your tired legs up the stairs is a feat of herculean strength for you in your current state, although you can gradually, very slowly sense the strength returning to you. Whatever was in that shot Eirin gave you, it seems to be working.

You come to the door to the book club, which is considerably less familiar to you than it ought to be, considering you're one of its founding members. Come to think of it, you don't really have any books of your own here in Gensokyo to begin with. Well, not counting -that- book, which Patchouli seems to have lent to you for an indefinite period of time. Even though she summoned it to the library, it seemed to have returned back to your house by the time you got back, somehow; best not to worry your head about the mechanics behind this, since magic is probably confusing by definition. Teleportation would be a handy trick to learn, wouldn't it? Since you've been spending so much time with the residents of the Scarlet Devil mansion, it'd be kind of nice to be able to cross the lake with your own power, and swimming doesn't seem like the best idea for that purpose.

You don't feel any particular need to knock or otherwise announce your entry, as you open the door and step inside, greeted with the sight of two girls sitting in a corner, not at all reading or discussing literature. Flandre's wings are drooping down low enough for the weird crystal-things near the tips to be lying flat on the floor, her head hanged low with her face hidden, arms wrapped around the knees. Next to her is a frustrated-yet-concerned looking Cirno, gently patting her in a comforting manner, the look on her face showing conflicting emotions of both caring and lack of understanding, mixed together, struggling. It looks painful, somehow.

"...Yo. I'm not interrupting anything, am I?"

The two finally notice your presence, looking up in your direction with wildly contrasting expressions. Cirno, with a face contorting into a disappointed scowl, staring icy daggers at you as if you've just been caught kicking a puppy; and Flandre, both her eyes and lower lip trembling as if she were inches away from crying, just looking at you with slowly widening eyes before-...

"Wah, you're okay!" Springing from her corner, the blonde vampire girl rockets in your direction, tackling you into a hug that sends you off-balance, slamming you into the wall in a not-entirely-painless manner and landing you on your ass, with her in your lap, squeezing you to the point where it's becoming difficult to breathe. You swear you came close to breaking a bone or two there... This girl really needs to learn how to control her strength. Like right now, for example, since you're slowly asphyxiating.

"F-... Flan... Getting hard to breathe here... I'm okay, sorry for worrying you." Her grip loosens enough to allow normal intake of oxygen once again; the feeling of relief is quickly cancelled out by the impact of a small, weak fist against the side of your skull, still strong enough to trigger another wave of painful pulses in your dulled headache.

"Whaddaya think you're doin', scaring Flan-Flan like that? I oughtta smash your eyeballs in for that!" The fairy emphasizes her point by poking at the side of one of your eyeballs through the eyelid with a cool finger, before bonking you across the head yet again.

"Why you little..!" Before you can strangle Cirno in a humorous manner for her behavior, your attention is drawn to Flandre yet again, who gives you a mild smile, before speaking to Cirno.

"It's okay, I was just... worrying too much, as usual." She chuckles at herself softly.
"I have a silly habit of doing that, don't I? I just... Well, you just collapsed right next to me, I didn't know what to think. I'm sorry."

"Tsk, don't be silly. What are you apologizing for? It was my own fault to begin with, I was..." Well, you can't just tell her you were having a danmaku duel yesterday evening, now can you?
"...doing stuff yesterday, and tired myself out. I just need a good night's sleep, that's all." She seems to be more-or-less satisfied with that.

"Are you going home, then..? Or, do you think you'll stick around for a while?" Awh, that face... But, a promise is a promise.

"Sorry... I've got a promise to keep with someone. I'd love to, otherwise, but..."

"Another friend?" The look on her face changes from a smile to something else - it's almost like a sadness, but... not. You can't quite place what it is exactly, yet she looks awfully serious all of a sudden, her voice also having turned quiet almost to the point of being a mere whisper. The way she stares at you right now, without blinking, is slowly beginning to make you feel uncomfortable for some reason.

"Er... Yeah, I guess you could say that." An uncomfortable silence fills the room, that unblinking stare still drilling into you; you can feel her grip loosening around just a bit more, until she lets go entirely, sitting down on the floor in front of you and smiling; it's a very light smile, though.

"That's okay, then."

"Psh, lookit what you're doin' again, disappointing Flan-Flan... You should just get lost, y'know?" The upset Cirno is, to the surprise of both of you, interrupted by Flandre.

"Cirno. That's just being rude. Friends should be nice to each other, right?" Cirno looks like she's about to protest, yet Flandre's smile disarms her completely, the words getting caught in her throat.

"...Mph. You're just lucky you're Flan-Flan's friend, or I'd show ya. A friend of my friend is my friend, y'know?" You respond with a quiet nod in appreciation, standing up and dusting yourself off.

"Well then, I'll see you two tomorrow, alright?" The two wave to you as you exit the club room, exhaling deeply in relief. Seems like wherever you go these days, there's a feeling of overwhelming pressure from somewhere always weighing down on your shoulders. Well, the light music club should be a welcome break from that sort of thing, right? You're not even a member, but ARGH. As you reach the door, just as you're about to open it a loud noise that's probably meant to be music blasts through the wooden barrier between yourself and whatever the hell is going on in that room. Your headache now magnified tenfold, you plug your ears and take a few minutes to wait for the agonizing pulsation to fade to a tolerable degree, before you knock on the door. The blonde Prismriver sister opens the door, glancing at you with a glum expression.

"Oh. You again. Was there something..?" She tilts her head at you skeptically.
"...You couldn't possibly be here to join the club, could you? No, not likely..."

"Actually... I'm here to see Mystia."

"Oh, right. You were the boyfriend. How nice..." Her tone of voice has always struck you as more depressing than anything from the moment you first spoke to her, but this time it just irks you.

"She's not my..!"

"Hey Jin! Get in here already."

"And that's not my..! Huh." That voice. It's so familiar, in an incredibly unpleasant sense. No. No way. She'd have no reason at all to be here, right? Unless...

Nope, your fears were correct; sitting backwards on a chair, leaning against the backrest is Rumia, a bored expression on her face as she turns her eyes from Mystia and the two other Prismrivers to you, absent-mindedly gnawing on the chair. You can see the teeth-marks in the wood from all the way where you're standing. If Rumia ever went to a dentist, would he be at risk of injuring his hands? Probably.

"I didn't think you'd be much of a club-person, bro."

"Don't call me that! And what about you?"

"Oh, I'm just here to hang out with Mysty... It's kind of boring here, though." The Prismrivers flinch in unison at that last remark, after which the blonde one coughs quietly to clear her throat before speaking.

"Merlin, Lyrica. We've got another spectator. Yay." The blonde Prismriver turns to her sisters, and you quickly make note which one is meant to be which, for future reference.

"Well, don't sound so glum about it! Ooh, are you here to join the club? Are you?" Merlin rushes over to you, looking incredibly excited, her voice making you wince in pain as you involuntarily clutch your head.

"N-no... Sorry. I..." Fortunately, Mystia comes to your rescue.

"Oh, this is Jin!" God DAMN it.
"He said he'd, um, teach me how to play the guitar, so... It's alright for him to stick around even if he's not a member, isn't it?"

"Oh sure, and I suppose next we'll be serving tea and snacks to our guests. 'Light music club' indeed! Light on the music, that is." A sarcastic smirk spreads across Lyrica's face, as she stays behind her keyboard, not bothering to come greet you or anything. Mystia seems a little hurt by the remark; to save the situation, you gently take the guitar she's clumsily holding in her hands and start playing a little tune. Again, the first, random song that comes to your mind - the intro to Iron Maiden's 'Fear of the Dark'. You almost catch yourself uttering "I am the man who walks alone" but manage to stop yourself just in time; when you stop playing, all eyes on the room are focused on you yet again. Geez, it's as if you're some sort of rockstar...

"...You SURE you don't want to join us?" Merlin is staring at you with an impossibly wide grin on her face; it's creeping you out just a little bit, to be honest.

"I'll, uh, think on it. I'm already in a club, so..."

"There's no rule keeping you from joining more than one club, though." Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all.
"Can you play the drums? Lunasa is on the bass guitar, and Lyrica is really attached to her keyboard, so I'm being forced to learn to play the drums myself... Bah, can't I just play an electric flute or something!?"

"And what, have a band without drums? Sure, that'll work..."

"It's not like we're ever going to end up performing on stage with this setup anyway..."

...

Well, while the sisters argue amongst themselves, you take a few hours (yes, they keep arguing that long) to start teaching Mystia the basics. She really doesn't know anything about playing an instrument to begin with, but her enthusiasm is commendable and she's quick to learn. By the time you happen to glance out of the window, it's already evening; Rumia appears to have fallen asleep at some point.

"I think I'll be calling it a day. I'll teach you some more sometime, alright? Ah, but... I really think you ought to do something about those fingernails of yours, if you're serious about this." The bird-youkai looks down at her overly long talons, a worried expression on her face; for all you know, she might be using those for hunting. Or... Whatever it is she does to feed herself. If she runs a grilled eel stand, does that mean she eats that sort of thing herself? Human food, that is. Ah well, who knows... You're not about to ask such things, after all. Saying your goodbyes to both a very happy looking Mystia and the still-bickering Prismrivers (who don't even notice you), you head back home, happily realizing you're not about to be ambushed by a man-eating little girl tonight.

...

Or are you?

...

Nope. That blue-haired girl came to mind all of a sudden, but she's nowhere in sight. Guess you scared her pretty good; you feel just a tiny bit guilty for about half a second for defiling her precious hat like that, but you quickly remind yourself what an utter brat she really was, and instantly feel better. A wide yawn escapes you as you tiredly drag your exhausted legs down the path to the village, to your house. A nice, filling meal, a nice, relaxing shower, and you're just about ready for bed. It's still early in the evening, but you did intend to finally get some damn rest for a change. Good night, sweet dreams and all that... Patchouli's probably going to be back to school tomorrow, isn't she? You'd like to ask her... about...

...

---------

A maze. Stretching out in all directions, and you're in the middle. That's normally the goal of a maze, isn't it? To get to the middle? Except you have no idea how you got here, so this is technically the worst place to be in terms of trying to find your way back out, paths heading in all directions, the options unlimited.

And then you hear crying. It's quiet, barely audible as the sobs echo through the twisting, winding paths of the labyrinth, but it's there. As good a lead as any, you head in the direction of the crying, it guides you away from all the dead ends, you can feel a warmth in the direction you're going, you're almost out...

...And you come to a split in the path. What's worse, the crying is now coming from both sides, but it's... different. From one side, it's a suppressed, choked back sobbing, sounding frustrated, even enraged whenever the mysterious girl's fortitude breaks and the crying becomes more pronounced; the other, a wild, hysterical crying, screaming, painful, agonized, as if the girl was being tortured, losing her mind. You're scared shitless, and yet you know you must pick a path... and that you don't want either one of them to keep crying, for some reason. If only you could pick both paths. However, as you take another step, the floor gives out beneath you, and you fall into a black abyss...

----------

...and land on your ass on the floor of your room, out of your bed. The concept of a good night's sleep is becoming a hazy memory to you by now. At least you're not as utterly dead-tired as you were yesterday, but the sudden shock into an awake state doesn't do much towards starting your morning off in a good mood. It's odd though, you don't recall ever rollng out of bed in your sleep; or at least not in many, many years. Yesterday's headache is gone, too, now replaced with the dull pain of your skull impacting with the floor. If you're going to keep having spontaneous wake-ups like this every day, then why the hell do you even need that alarm clock... Hm, what time -is- it? Not even 6 AM yet. As you groggily stand up to turn off the alarm, you notice something odd about your bed.

Specifically, the blonde little girl curled up in your sheets, drooling onto your pillow in her sleep. This time, you rub your eyes and examine her more closely, just to make sure you don't mistake the identity yet again; it's not like having random blonde girls in your bed is anything uncommon for you by now; sadly, not in as awesome of a sense as that sounded like.
Yep.
No mistaking it.
Asleep in your bed. The culprit behind shoving you onto the floor.
It's Rumia.

...The slow, calm breathing. The peaceful, innocent look on her face.
It doesn't suit her at all, really. It's like looking at someone else entirely. And she's... Wait, what. Her clothes are in a pile over there, near yours. Then... That means she's...

...

No, don't think about that. Not when it's -her-, in any case. Anyone else would be fine, but not -her-.



[] Draw on her face.
[] Eh, let her sleep... The little monster girl can look kind of cute at times like this, too.
-{} ...Try to sneak out of the house and off to school without her noticing.
[] Wake her up, gently.
[] Pull the sheets from her and yell at her in an outraged manner.
[] ...Go back to bed.
-{} Snuggle~

>> No. 96503
[x] Wake her up, gently.
>> No. 96505
File 125443761572.png - (142.85KB , 225x350 , 40730_jpg.png ) [iqdb]
96505
>(...)the other, a wild, hysterical crying, screaming, painful, agonized, as if the girl was being tortured, losing her mind.
I have decided. Have you, anon?

[] Eh, let her sleep... The little monster girl can look kind of cute at times like this, too.
-{} ...Try to sneak out of the house and off to school without her noticing.
-()On your way to school, look out for the scarlet sisters.
>> No. 96507
>"Another friend?" The look on her face changes from a smile to something else - it's almost like a sadness, but... not. You can't quite place what it is exactly, yet she looks awfully serious all of a sudden, her voice also having turned quiet almost to the point of being a mere whisper. The way she stares at you right now, without blinking, is slowly beginning to make you feel uncomfortable for some reason.
Aaaand it begins.

[x] Eh, let her sleep... The little monster girl can look kind of cute at times like this, too.
[x] ...Go back to bed.
Meh, probably better to let Rumia wake up naturally then to wake her up ourselves. Eliminates the risk of any 'unfortunate misunderstanding'.

If there isn't really space for both of them, switch this vote to '[x] wake her up gently' or something.
>> No. 96508
[] Draw on her face.

Put your artistic talent to good use.
>> No. 96509
[x] Eh, let her sleep... The little monster girl can look kind of cute at times like this, too.
-{x} ...Try to sneak out of the house and off to school without her noticing.
-(x)On your way to school, look out for the scarlet sisters.

Side note:
[x] Make a schedule of which club to visit on each day, making sure the book club is the more visited one.
[x] See if book club is in session today and hang out, making up for lost time.

Payback for the stunt she pulled yet it's not.

And don't you Rumiafags start up. We're persuing the flan route.



>>96505

So have I, comrade!

And Taisa, you had better not pull another ASSM.
>> No. 96511
[x] Cum on her face.

COME YOU PUSSIES
THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY
>> No. 96512
>>96511
Go back to bed Shirou.
>> No. 96513
>And Taisa, you had better not pull another ASSM.

I don't think I've read that one.

Do explain.
>> No. 96514
[x] Eh, let her sleep... The little monster girl can look kind of cute at times like this, too.
-{x} ...Try to sneak out of the house and off to school without her noticing.
-(x)On your way to school, look out for the scarlet sisters.

Side note:
[x] Make a schedule of which club to visit on each day, making sure the book club is the more visited one.
[x] See if book club is in session today and hang out, making up for lost time.
>> No. 96516
[x] Eh, let her sleep... The little monster girl can look kind of cute at times like this, too.
-{x} ...Try to sneak out of the house and off to school without her noticing.
-(x)On your way to school, look out for the scarlet sisters.

Side note:
[x] Make a schedule of which club to visit on each day, making sure the book club is the more visited one.
[x] See if book club is in session today and hang out, making up for lost time.

>>96511

Die in a fire.
>> No. 96518
We're going to book club today no matter fucking what. If it's not scheduled to happen today, we'll make it happen.
>> No. 96519
[0] Eh, let her sleep... The little monster girl can look kind of cute at times like this, too.
-{1} ...Try to sneak out of the house and off to school without her noticing.
-(2)On your way to school, look out for the scarlet sisters.

Side note:
[3] Make a schedule of which club to visit on each day, making sure the book club is the more visited one.
[4] See if book club is in session today and hang out, making up for lost time.
>> No. 96520
[X] Eh, let her sleep... The little monster girl can look kind of cute at times like this, too.
[X] ...Go back to bed.
-{X} Hold her. She's nice and warm~

You know, regardless of whether or not you lot want a Flan route, it's not terribly healthy to let her reliance on you persist to that degree. If just the idea of you spending time with anyone else causes her this much distress, then she has an unhealthy degree of attachment to you, and if anything happens to you at any time, the result could be disastrous. You're going to have to teach her to be more independent, for both your sakes.

>>96509
>And don't you Rumiafags start up. We're persuing the flan route.

Say it all you want, but some of us would like to pursue other options, and if we put up a united front... too bad.
>> No. 96521
[x] Eh, let her sleep... The little monster girl can look kind of cute at times like this, too.
-{x} ...Try to sneak out of the house and off to school without her noticing.
-(x)On your way to school, look out for the scarlet sisters.

Side note:
[x] Make a schedule of which club to visit on each day, making sure the book club is the more visited one.
[x] See if book club is in session today and hang out, making up for lost time.
>> No. 96522
[0] Eh, let her sleep... The little monster girl can look kind of cute at times like this, too.
-{1} ...Try to sneak out of the house and off to school without her noticing.
-(2)On your way to school, look out for the scarlet sisters.
>> No. 96523
[+] Eh, let her sleep... The little monster girl can look kind of cute at times like this, too.
-[+] ...Try to sneak out of the house and off to school without her noticing.
-[+] If she does wake up: "*Where* did you sleep before I came to Gensokyo?"
[+] On your way to school, look out for the scarlet sisters.
>> No. 96524
>>96513
ASSM was basically a really interesting story that had a really crappy end. Owen even quoted some Symphony of the Night in the fight at the very end, which was followed by a practically deus ex machina sad end (not quite "bad" since we didn't die or anything. I think Owed called it the "normal" end. Also no where near MiG's snow end). Another problem was that Owen kept giving us clues through the OC Nathaniel... which Anon promptly ignored because they were so far fetched.

You should read it. It's good.
>> No. 96525
[x] Eh, let her sleep... The little monster girl can look kind of cute at times like this, too.
-{x} ...Try to sneak out of the house and off to school without her noticing.
-(x)On your way to school, look out for the scarlet sisters.

Side note:
[x] Make a schedule of which club to visit on each day, making sure the book club is the more visited one.
[x] See if book club is in session today and hang out, making up for lost time.
>> No. 96526
[x] Eh, let her sleep... The little monster girl can look kind of cute at times like this, too.
-{x} ...Try to sneak out of the house and off to school without her noticing.
-(x)On your way to school, look out for the scarlet sisters.

Side note:
[x] Make a schedule of which club to visit on each day, making sure the book club is the more visited one.
[x] See if book club is in session today and hang out, making up for lost time.
>> No. 96527
[B] Eh, let her sleep... The little monster girl can look kind of cute at times like this, too.
-{b} ...Try to sneak out of the house and off to school without her noticing.
>> No. 96529
[Q] Eh, let her sleep... The little monster girl can look kind of cute at times like this, too.
-{Q} ...Try to sneak out of the house and off to school without her noticing.
-(Q)On your way to school, look out for the scarlet sisters.

Why not. She can deal with our alarm clock herself. Hopefully she doesn't break it.
>> No. 96532
[x] Eh, let her sleep... The little monster girl can look kind of cute at times like this, too.
-{x} ...Try to sneak out of the house and off to school without her noticing.
-(x)On your way to school, look out for the scarlet sisters.

Side note:
[x] Make a schedule of which club to visit on each day, making sure the book club is the more visited one.
[x] See if book club is in session today and hang out, making up for lost time.

>>96524
It's not so much that Nathaniel's clues were far fetched as the fact that he was a total dick who tried to kill us. We had no reason to trust him until near the end, and by then it was too late.
>> No. 96533
>[x] Make a schedule of which club to visit on each day, making sure the book club is the more visited one

Something like this?
Mon-Book
Tue-Music
Wed-Book
Thu-Music
Fri-Book
Sat-SDM
(T)Sun-SDM
>> No. 96534
>>96532
Sorry, I'm not sure of which CYOA are you talking about... is it, by any chance, the one where Sakuya suddenly backstabbed the MC?
>> No. 96535
>>96532
Well, the point was that Owen was trying to use him to convey important plot details. Repeatedly. And it backfired.

>>96534
Yes. That reminds me; ASSM was also ruined by higurashi no naku koro ni.
>> No. 96536
>>96534
Yes. A Scarlet-Stained Memoir by U. N. Owen.
>> No. 96537
>>96533

It's perfect except for the Saturday and Sunday part. It'd be up to Remilia whether we can stay over or not.
>> No. 96538
>>96520

That'd be true for a normal person, but Flan's upbringing is anything BUT normal. So it's expected that she'd be a bit worried. She might think she did something wrong.

>>96520

You underestimate how big Flandre fandom is. Only the Sakuya fandom can really oppose us.

>>96513
>>96524
>>96532

I said that in regards to how Owen was overly influenced by Higurashi when he made us go to that ending.

But it was true that the way things were done the villain seemed more trustworthy than the ally.

Lesson: Don't let outside things influence you too much, it'll mess up your story.

>>96533

Yes that'd be perfect!
>> No. 96539
[x] Eh, let her sleep... The little monster girl can look kind of cute at times like this, too.
-[x] But it's a perfect image if you can capture it. She might get angry that you drew her while she was sleeping, but she did promise you could, and it's fair turn-around for staring at you while you slept.

Knowing Rumia, if we asked for her permission she'd force us to sketch her through a cloud of darkness or while she's eating raw meat or something.
>> No. 96540
[X] ...Go back to bed.
-{X} Snuggle~

So, wait, she's living with us now?


As for ASSM's Nathaniel, I would like to point out there were some people who actually were willing to believe him, and could even understand why a guy who had been more or less jerked around by his fate-manipulating "hostess" for YEARS as part of some twisted game might be at least a little wary, if not downright hostile, towards the protagonist, who for all he knew was just another pawn of Remilia's meant to get his hopes up before smashing them again.
They were, of course, in the minority, and were typically dismissed by the majority as being "apologists" for a madman who was simply paranoid for no good reason.

Of course, then it turned out that he was right, the paranoia was justified, and thanks to the protagonist's (and Anon's) unwillingness to trust anything he said, more or less doomed him and his friend to a painful death
OOPS!
>> No. 96541
[x] Eh, let her sleep... The little monster girl can look kind of cute at times like this, too.
-{x} ...Try to sneak out of the house and off to school without her noticing.
-(x)On your way to school, look out for the scarlet sisters.

Side note:
[x] Make a schedule of which club to visit on each day, making sure the book club is the more visited one.
[x] See if book club is in session today and hang out, making up for lost time.
>> No. 96551
File 125445049832.jpg - (305.73KB , 600x852 , 6157c72da66655389c52f1138a4d09e3.jpg ) [iqdb]
96551
Heh.

[x] Eh, let her sleep... The little monster girl can look kind of cute at times like this, too.
-{x} ...Try to sneak out of the house and off to school without her noticing.
-(x)On your way to school, look out for the scarlet sisters.

Side note:
[x] Make a schedule of which club to visit on each day, making sure the book club is the more visited one.
[x] See if book club is in session today and hang out, making up for lost time.
>> No. 96552
[x] Eh, let her sleep... The little monster girl can look kind of cute at times like this, too.
-{x} ...Try to sneak out of the house and off to school without her noticing.
-(x)On your way to school, look out for the Scarlet sisters.


Side note:
[x] Make a schedule of which club to visit on each day, making sure the book club is the more visited one.
[x] See if book club is in session today and hang out, making up for lost time.
>> No. 96555
[x] Eh, let her sleep... The little monster girl can look kind of cute at times like this, too.
-{x} ...Try to sneak out of the house and off to school without her noticing.
-(x)On your way to school, look out for the Scarlet sisters.


Side note:
[x] Make a schedule of which club to visit on each day, making sure the book club is the more visited one.
[x] See if book club is in session today and hang out, making up for lost time.
>> No. 96557
[x] Pull the blanket back a little. Just sneak a peek, nothing more.
[x] Eh, let her sleep... The little monster girl can look kind of cute at times like this, too.
-[x] ...Try to sneak out of the house and off to school without her noticing.
-[x] On your way to school, look out for the scarlet sisters.

Side note:
[x] Make a schedule of which club to visit on each day, making sure the book club is the more visited one.
[x] See if book club is in session today and hang out, making up for lost time.
>> No. 96560
[x] Eh, let her sleep... The little monster girl can look kind of cute at times like this, too.
-{x} ...Try to sneak out of the house and off to school without her noticing.
-(x)On your way to school, look out for the scarlet sisters.

Side note:
[x] Make a schedule of which club to visit on each day, making sure the book club is the more visited one.
[x] See if book club is in session today and hang out, making up for lost time.
>> No. 96561
[x] Pull the blanket back a little. Just sneak a peek, nothing more.
[x] Eh, let her sleep... The little monster girl can look kind of cute at times like this, too.
-[x] ...Try to sneak out of the house and off to school without her noticing.
>> No. 96563
still no paranoid, im disappoint
>> No. 96564
[+] Eh, let her sleep... The little monster girl can look kind of cute at times like this, too.
-[+] ...Try to sneak out of the house and off to school without her noticing.
-[+] If she does wake up: "*Where* did you sleep before I came to Gensokyo?"
[+] On your way to school, look out for the scarlet sisters.
>> No. 96565
[X] Eh, let her sleep... The little monster girl can look kind of cute at times like this, too.
[X] ...Go back to bed.
-{X} Hold her. She's nice and warm~

>>96520
I am with you. Taisa's Rumia has me more convinced than Flandre. Even if we are in the minority here because we want something else.
>> No. 96567
>>96563

I'm worried about Flan coming in and finding Rumia in his bed.
>> No. 96569
[X] Eh, let her sleep... The little monster girl can look kind of cute at times like this, too.
[X] ...Go back to bed.
-{X} Hold her. She's nice and warm~
>> No. 96571
File 125446627210.jpg - (190.04KB , 850x850 , 00ca1d9bd297894400456a624e5fe67f.jpg ) [iqdb]
96571
Goddamn you all to hell.
>> No. 96572
>>96571

I too want Sakuya badly, but a Flan route is okay.
>> No. 96573
>>96540
You make a good point.

But you forgot that, at that time, we had no idea that Remilia was the Big Bad. All we knew was that there was something wrong in that mansion and that some watchfixing faggot had just threatened us with a knife for no apparent reason. Of course we weren't going to trust a damn thing he said. And by the time he gave us any proof of what he was saying, it was too late. I can understand that Nathaniel was at the end of his rope and trusted no one, but the same went for us as well.
>> No. 96574
File 12544667518.jpg - (279.66KB , 674x1200 , 1254456679684.jpg ) [iqdb]
96574
>>96571
What's the matter?
>> No. 96575
>>96565

She doesn't top Flan, but I think she might give Sakuya competition next run. That's not including if any other surprise characters don't make themselves known, like Machi-nee perhaps. (Kinda like Tama-nee but more tomboyish and even bustier)
>> No. 96583
>>96575

Unless Taisa's closes off the Sakuya route the next run (if there is one), I'll be gunning for her.
>> No. 96585
You know what, I'll just go a d6 as usual for the target next run since I don't trust myself to stay consistent otherwise. The Random Number God can decide my next objective, but Flan route is a go at this point.

Also vote:
[x] Eh, let her sleep... The little monster girl can look kind of cute at times like this, too.
-{x} ...Try to sneak out of the house and off to school without her noticing.
-(x)On your way to school, look out for the scarlet sisters.
>> No. 96587
File 125447010327.jpg - (552.62KB , 1000x715 , 1cd3635e4bb1ed46481410dfe4fb802a.jpg ) [iqdb]
96587
>>96571
>>96574
In before Flandre fanbois get Sakuyablocked.
>> No. 96588
>>96587

Flan has incredibly pointy toenails.
>> No. 96592
>>96567

To avoid any misunderstandings, the lack of communication need to be dealt with. Perhaps during the weekend, assuming Jin does make another trip to SDM, wouldn't it behoove Jin into finally explain to both Remilia and especially Flandre on what had been happening to hin? why do I have an inkling the theme in this almost, if not vaguely reflects Pride and Prejudice in terms of Jin and Flandre..? Perhaps I'm trying too hard to see something...

I'm kinda surprised Flandre doesn't think that Jin's slowly falling apart or being shady if not flakey around her... She seems to be overly lenient, and that just makes Jin look bad in ways... ;_;

Leaving out certain details (like where exactly is Rumia "bunking" in Jin's household) would probably be best for now so long as they understand Jin's current situation with Rumia (Rumia concept of rivalry means being pseudo bro and sis)...
>> No. 96593
[x] Eh, let her sleep... The little monster girl can look kind of cute at times like this, too.
-{x} ...Try to sneak out of the house and off to school without her noticing.
-(x)On your way to school, look out for the scarlet sisters.

Side note:
[x] Make a schedule of which club to visit on each day, making sure the book club is the more visited one.
[x] See if book club is in session today and hang out, making up for lost time.
>> No. 96595
>>96592
Another thing I wanted to say but forgot when I made this post

Any one remember, I believe in thread 4, when Flandre gave her thoughts on the story Cirno had been reading?

>"Darcy was raised to care more about his status than the people he talked to."

The way I see it, while we're more likely to take the stance to keeping our word, there have to be times where Jin can say "screw status and reputation" and actually show that by showing his support when it's needed the most. In fact I recall him pretty much saying that same sentiment much earlier upon learning Flandre's social plight.

I don't see why we can't say that now. If anything Mystia ought to understand this as Jin only recently became an associate of hers.
>> No. 96597
>>96595

Of course our plan is to make it up to her today while planning on splitting things up so while we do keep our promise, it'll be favored towards Flan.

But perhaps the game is finally up now in terms of Jin's facade.
>> No. 96599
>>96597
>the game is finally up now in terms of Jin's facade.

inb4 lots of RAGING and BAWWWING... unless of course it some how gets smoothed out..?
>> No. 96601
>>96597
At the moment, I think we can assume only Keine and Remilia still may think that we're unaware. Cross that, perhaps, they're the only two people who matter as far as playfully deceiving people is concerned.

What could we say. We could explain it straight-up to Flandre because it would only be a mild surprise that we are learning danmaku. Then she playfully challenges us and we accidentally die. :P
Remilia is another story, as we couldn't just shrug it off like some kind of cliche "get-into-a-scuffle-bonding." We also stand to risk having Rumia just say it upfront in front of Remi.

We can't just let something this exciting slip out in front of her outright! We need to time "the (un)reveal" just right.
>> No. 96602
>>96595
While I think there is perhaps some parts of Flandre's interpretation that could apply to Jin, I'm not sure you're picking the most relevant ones.

The bit about someone who was "raised to care more about status" with people rather than the people themselves, as well as the bit about the girl who grew up to be "judgmental"? Doesn't that sound more than a BIT like someone Jin knows?

While he has been placing importance on how he is seen by others, the ONLY ones he's really been doing that for up to now is the Scarlets. He certainly isn't making a point of keeping what he knows secret from anyone else, it just hasn't really come up at all. Likewise, the Scarlets are so far the ONLY ones making a point of trying to appear "normal" to Jin. Well, more precisely, Remilia is the only one making a point of trying to appear "normal" to Jin. (Flan might have tried, but between seeing her room and the neck biting, I'd say that's pretty much gone out the window for her.)

No, what I think is most related to Jin, particularly in regards to Mystia and the breaking of any promises he made to her, it would be more along the lines of:
>>Even thinking about advantageous marriage, rather than that of love."

A relationship where one of the people was thinking more about the ADVANTAGES of said relationship, rather than of the relationship itself, or of the person it was with?
Sort of like, say, befriending someone and promising to teach them to play guitar so they wouldn't help someone else try to kill you, perhaps?

Back out of your promise to Mystia, and you're going to be doing just that. Starting a relationship with her purely for your own benefit, with no regards for her as a person (so to speak).

Besides being a rather dick move, you must also remember she's very good friends with Rumia, the girl who knows where you live and has shown she can easily get into your room while you sleep.
While she might not be allowed to outright kill you, do you really think for a second she wouldn't gladly do anything and everything in her power to make your life a living hell if you hurt or betrayed her friend?
>> No. 96603
File 125450475784.jpg - (213.28KB , 600x600 , 4d2fbe85fa042dbe6f7c954375f0a4a2.jpg ) [iqdb]
96603
Though you're tempted to hurl her out of your bed and interrogate her on why in the name of all things sacred she's sleeping in your bed - no, in your HOUSE - you can't bring yourself to do it. Just looking at Rumia's face right now is somehow washing away whatever resentment you had left for the girl; heck, she looks like a normal human when her eyes are closed. With how peacefully she seems to be slumbering, waking her up now would be a crime by your standards.

Of course, part of it is just you not wanting to deal with her nonsense this early in the morning, too. Playing along with a traditional cliché in these situations, you pull the sheets under her chin, covering her up a little better. Not like she'd be at any risk of catching a cold or anything in this weather, but it just feels like the appropriate thing to do. Despite your careful motions, she suddenly moves and moans lightly.

"Mmh... Bro... You..."

...

Bro? She couldn't possibly mean you, could she? Why would she be dreaming about you, of all people?

"...taste like chicken~"

Oh. Okay. That's a little more convincing. Deciding to leave Rumia to her pleasures of devouring you in her sleep, you head out of your room to greet your host family and have some breakfast. Interrogating the mother, you find out Rumia told her she has no home of her own to stay at, so she's pretty much officially been allowed to stay here indefinitely; and with no other rooms being available, they figured it'd be best for two schoolmates and close friends (what) to share a room. Words cannot begin to describe the utter despair you're going through right now, the taste of suppressed tears mingling with that of your breakfast. And the nerve of that girl, shamelessly crawling next to you in bed in naught but her underwear! ...Well, okay, that might not be -completely- unpleasant, but waking up to her knocking you out of the bed despite her small size is something you'd rather not get used to. You ought to either demand she finds somewhere else to sleep... or give up and sleep on the floor, yourself. Then again, if she's comfortable sleeping in the same bed with you... Is that okay?

Bleh, being surrounded by nothing but girls all day can confuse a guy to no end. After the meal and wasting some time on other morning activities, you figure it's about time to head to school if you want to walk at a comfortable tempo. Despite your rude awakening, you're feeling surprisingly refreshed this morning, so a nice, calm stroll sounds like a great idea - taking in the beautiful nature of Gensokyo and whatnot. Regardless of all the weird stuff that goes on in this land, its one redeeming quality is its beauty. Exiting the house, you're immediately bathed in sunshine, the sound of countless birds singing and various insects merrily buzzing about lifting your spirits. You know, you really wouldn't mind living in a place like this in the future. Minus the youkai and magic and whatnot, of course; that sort of stuff seems far too hazardous to your health. How badass must the average villager here truly be to survive against creatures like Rumia, or Remilia.

You can't help but suddenly think back on Flandre's face yesterday, when you told her you had an appointment with someone else; she really did seem hurt, didn't she? Even though she can't expect to have a monopoly on your free time, picturing the look in her eyes sends jolts of pain through your heart - you've got to think of a schedule or something, so you can keep Flandre company as well as keep your promise to Mystia. Ugh, why is the opposite sex so complicated at times... You've got Rumia who wants to either kill you or become your adopted sister (you're not quite sure which anymore), you've got Mystia who you're supposed to be teaching how to play the guitar, you've got Sakuya who is either making fun of you or flirting with you (again, you can't tell which), you've got Flandre who needs some serious help with becoming a social creature, and then you have Remi-...

...

You know, it's somehow alarming how you're increasingly less shocked when you suddenly find yourself flat on the ground like this, with a predatory pair of red eyes staring down at you, filled with what could only be interpreted as murderous intent. Your survival instinct is only faintly buzzing somewhere in the back of your mind, and you simply look back up at the figure perched on top of your body, the sun shining from behind her rendering her as a dark silhouette in your vision as you squint your eyes, the only distinguishable features being those two glowing red eyes, and an impressively wide pair of bat wings.

"Good morning, Remilia." A small cloud passes in front of the sun, allowing you a better glimpse at the vampire pinning you to the ground, tilting her head to the side and narrowing her eyes.

"We've got to stop meeting like this." Well, she doesn't sound particularly furious with you for whatever reason, although you still don't like the look on her face... What a complex girl.

"Whatever it is, I'm innocent."

"Is that so? I suppose that's why you seemed so exhausted yesterday, and why Rumia is sleeping in your bed wearing nothing but her underwear; if even that." Shit.

"Look, I can explain everything. You're just-..."

"Overreacting, as usual?" She lets go of your shoulders, no longer pinning you to the ground, merely sitting on top of you and gazing into the sky absent-mindedly, her short purplish-blue hair gently flowing in a morning breeze. Those wings of hers fold up closer to her back once again, making her seem somewhat smaller and less intimidating; how she expects you to believe those are just accessories is beyond your comprehension, but this act has been going on in both directions up until now to begin with.
"You're probably right. I do have a habit of doing that, don't I? Maybe I ought to loosen up a little, learn to give people the benefit of the doubt more often..." She looks back down at you. She's not smiling, yet her gaze seems a bit warmer than before.
"So tell me. Why did you come to Gensokyo? It wasn't just for the pretty girls, was it?"

"Could you... let me stand up, before I answer that?" She does. You dust yourself off, and the two of you continue along the way to school. You can't help but sense that she's looking at you; glancing to the side, you establish eye contact with her. She's not frowning, not angry, but not seeming particularly happy either. Just a serious, somewhat pensive look on her face, similar to how she looked back when you were drawing her in the mansion garden... When she looks like this, as opposed to her usual wicked smirks or irrational scowling, she somehow radiates a more mature form of beauty, far beyond a girl of her youthful looks; where Flandre looks very cute, displaying signs of growing into an attractive woman some day (assuming vampires still 'grow', even if it is slower...), Remilia gives off the look of a woman trapped in the body of a child. Ah, but she's looking right at you - expecting an answer.

"To be quite honest... I was just thrilled at the concept of studying abroad."

"Really? That's it? Studying?"

"Well, that and experiencing something new. Japan is a place many young western people would want to visit at some point, you know."

"I'm sure you didn't have such a backwards little village in mind, though."

You can't help but chuckle in response; she's right, you know. You had pictured something closer to civilization in mind; heck, the lack of internet access for this long is starting to feel a little odd by now. But this is fine too, isn't it? Nature, clean air, friendly people... Besides, what are you going to do on the internet that's so important? Post on an imageboard devoted to fanfiction about magical girls?

"If I have to be honest, I suppose the prospect of going to a previously all-girls school was also a bit of a motivation..." She finally smirks again, except it seems honestly friendly for a change.

"So you do have an interest in the opposite sex after all." What, was she really thinking otherwise?
"Which... brings me to my next question. I'm sorry if this feels like an interrogation, but..."

"It's okay, I'm used to being asked difficult questions by now." She doesn't seem to take offense to that remark.

"See, I think you've been sending my sister... mixed messages. I know you two seem to get along, but I'd like to make sure you're both on the same wavelength, so to speak..." Her eyes narrow a bit, again.
"You may think it's none of my business, but... I'm sure you can understand me not wanting -anyone- to upset my Flandre. I don't care if it's intentional or not, it doesn't make a difference to me - it's very, VERY easy for her to get the wrong about things. So..."

"...so?"

Quickening her step for a moment, she stops in front of you, looking up into your eyes. Despite being taller than her by a significant amount, you feel somehow tiny when her eyes look like that - scanning you, as if she were trying to read you like a book.

"How do you feel about my sister? What is she to you?"

"...I swear you've asked me this before."

A mild smirk that fades instantly. "I have. But you gave me a vague, very generic answer. Come on, you know -exactly- what I'm asking. How do you see her, in your eyes?"



[] (Write-in)
[] "I honestly don't know.
[] "Are you sure you're not trying to ask how I see you, instead?"
[] Refuse to answer. It's none of her business. Flandre isn't her -property-, she doesn't have to keep an eye on everything that goes on in her life.
>> No. 96605
Routelock question? Oh dear.

[] "Are you sure you're not trying to ask how I see you, instead?"
If that doesn't work in evading the question (which it probably won't)
[] "Flandre is a good friend and vampire for whom I might be starting to develop feelings that go beyond friendship. Anything after that is... well, none of your business"

Basically, a mix of 1, 3 and 4. The 'I don't know' option might seem the best at first, but I think that, by now, Jin is aware that Flandre is no simple friend.
>> No. 96606
[X] "She's someone I care about. She confuses me sometimes, too. At times I think I might care about her even more than I expect, but then I look at her and I start to worry about how she deals with things, and... I want to help her grow up, spread her wings, reach her potential..."
[X] "I guess that's what it comes down to. I like her, but she confuses me. If she feels like she's getting mixed messages, it's probably because I have mixed feelings, and I'm sorry for that, but..."
[X] "I'm only human. My emotions sway me more than I sway them. Sorry."

Honestly. I'm not terribly in love with her, but I like her, and I'd like to help her. Everyone goes on about how a relationship with this Flan doesn't feel creepy, but frankly I think it still does; she's too close to being a little sister figure for me to be comfortable with the idea of being romantically involved with her. Hell, she almost feels like a daughter at times.
>> No. 96607
[X] Confess your undying love for RemiliaSakuyaRumiaFlandre
>> No. 96608
File 125450724566.jpg - (47.07KB , 678x537 , 125425240666.jpg ) [iqdb]
96608
>spread her wings
>I'm only human.
I like this.

That said, I'm rather happy than the 4 votes so far were completely different. Unanimous votes were getting boring.
I guess it just shows how important this part is.
>> No. 96613
>>96605
There are no 100% strict 'locks' to speak of. Nobody's stopping you from lying, expressing that you're unsure, or trying to evade the question.

It's only been a little over a week, after all.
>> No. 96614
>>96613

Well thing is the Flan fans don't want to lose their rare chance for a Flan route.

Thus they will indeed try their best to ensure being on said route.
>> No. 96615
[X] "I view both you and your sister as very good friends. I just happen to like your sister in a different way."

[X] "I want to know how you feel about me. We're friends, you don't need to be so hostile."
>> No. 96620
>>96617
'There are no stupid votes, just stupid voters' I.E: Next time, post your cheese wall. Maybe the idea behind was good and, after a rewrite, it can turn into a winner.
>>96618
I blame ctrl+c ctrl+v.
>> No. 96622
[X] "She's someone I care about. She confuses me sometimes, too. At times I think I might care about her even more than I expect, but then I look at her and I start to worry about how she deals with things, and... I want to help her grow up, spread her wings, reach her potential..."
[X] "I guess that's what it comes down to. I like her, but she confuses me. If she feels like she's getting mixed messages, it's probably because I have mixed feelings, and I'm sorry for that, but..."
[X] "I'm only human. My emotions sway me more than I sway them. Sorry."
>> No. 96624
>>96618

for the record I meant to strikeout that part in post >>96617 but with 3 to 4 days of poor to no sleep, I've forgotton how to do it...

polite sage...
>> No. 96625
[] "Are you sure you're not trying to ask how I see you, instead?"
If that doesn't work in evading the question (which it probably won't)
[] "Flandre is a good friend and vampire for whom I might be starting to develop feelings that go beyond friendship. Anything after that is... well, none of your business"
>> No. 96627
[x] "Are you sure you're not trying to ask how I see you, instead?"
If that doesn't work in evading the question (which it probably won't)
[x] "Flandre is a good friend and vampire for whom I might be starting to develop feelings that go beyond friendship. Anything after that is... well, none of your business"
>> No. 96628
[x] "Are you sure you're not trying to ask how I see you, instead?"
If that doesn't work in evading the question (which it probably won't)
[x] "Flandre is a good friend and vampire for whom I might be starting to develop feelings that go beyond friendship. Anything after that is... well, none of your business"
>> No. 96630
[X] "She's someone I care about. She confuses me sometimes, too. At times I think I might care about her even more than I expect, but then I look at her and I start to worry about how she deals with things, and... I want to help her grow up, spread her wings, reach her potential..."
[X] "I guess that's what it comes down to. I like her, but she confuses me. If she feels like she's getting mixed messages, it's probably because I have mixed feelings, and I'm sorry for that, but..."
[X] "I'm only human. My emotions sway me more than I sway them. Sorry."

Can people stop with >>96605 's awful write in? Not only is it attempting to evade a question that Remilia deems important enough to ask for a second time, it also risks needlessly antagonising her. If you want a Flandre route, it might be a wise move to keep in her sister's good graces. Otherwise, good luck when she starts keeping Flandre away from you, or bad-mouthing you behind your back etc.
>> No. 96631
[X] "She's someone I care about. She confuses me sometimes, too. At times I think I might care about her even more than I expect, but then I look at her and I start to worry about how she deals with things, and... I want to help her grow up, spread her wings, reach her potential..."
[X] "I guess that's what it comes down to. I like her, but she confuses me. If she feels like she's getting mixed messages, it's probably because I have mixed feelings, and I'm sorry for that, but..."
[X] "I'm only human. My emotions sway me more than I sway them. Sorry."
>> No. 96632
[Φ] "Are you sure you're not trying to ask how I see you, instead?"
[Φ] "She's someone I care about. She confuses me sometimes, too. At times I think I might care about her even more than I expect, but then I look at her and I start to worry about how she deals with things, and... I want to help her grow up, spread her wings, reach her potential..."
[Φ] "I guess that's what it comes down to. I like her, but she confuses me. If she feels like she's getting mixed messages, it's probably because I have mixed feelings, and I'm sorry for that, but..."
[Φ] "I'm only human. My emotions sway me more than I sway them. Sorry."
>> No. 96633
>>96630

Perhaps because it's a bit too neutral and thus gives room for Rumia fans to butt in. But this works decently enough.
>> No. 96634
>>96633

To be honest, it's meant to be a more neutral write-in, such that it has something to appeal to everyone. It's also an accurate summary of Jin's feelings up to this point - he's demonstrated both tentative romantic interest in Flandre, and a more parental interest in her. It's giving Remilia honesty, which is the best thing to give her right now, and is a nice demonstration of trust; how good a friend is she if you have to dance around to avoid telling her how you feel?

The other write-in is insensitive in the way it makes light of something Remilia clearly treats quite seriously. More than that, if you really like Flan that much, it's something you need to tell her yourself instead of risk someone else bringing her the news.
>> No. 96636
[x] "Are you sure you're not trying to ask how I see you, instead?"
If that doesn't work in evading the question (which it probably won't)
[x] "Flandre is a good friend and vampire for whom I might be starting to develop feelings that go beyond friendship. Anything after that is... well, none of your business"

We know what we want to say but we haven't the slightest fucking clue how to say it perfectly... lol...
>> No. 96637
>We know what we want to say but we haven't the slightest fucking clue how to say it perfectly...

Isn't that just painfully realistic for such a situation?
>> No. 96639
[x] "Are you sure you're not trying to ask how I see you, instead?" Sigh, and answer before she gets a chance to.
[x] "She's someone I care about. She confuses me sometimes, too. At times I think I might care about her even more than I expect, but then I look at her and I start to worry about how she deals with things, and... I want to help her grow up, spread her wings, reach her potential..."
[x] "I guess that's what it comes down to. I like her, but she confuses me. If she feels like she's getting mixed messages, it's probably because I have mixed feelings, and I'm sorry for that, but..."
[x] "I guess I just need more time to figure out how I truly feel."
[x] "And trust me; nothing is going on between me and Rumia. Blame my host family for taking her in. I'd rather not deal with her anymore than I have to."

I do not like the prospect of reminding her just how 'imperfect' we are, as a human.
>> No. 96642
[x] "Are you sure you're not trying to ask how I see you, instead?" Sigh, and answer before she gets a chance to.
[x] "She's someone I care about. She confuses me sometimes, too. At times I think I might care about her even more than I expect, but then I look at her and I start to worry about how she deals with things, and... I want to help her grow up, spread her wings, reach her potential..."
[x] "I guess that's what it comes down to. I like her, but she confuses me. If she feels like she's getting mixed messages, it's probably because I have mixed feelings, and I'm sorry for that, but..."
[x] "I guess I just need more time to figure out how I truly feel."
[x] "And trust me; nothing is going on between me and Rumia. Blame my host family for taking her in. I'd rather not deal with her anymore than I have to."

I'm going with this.
>> No. 96643
[x] "Are you sure you're not trying to ask how I see you, instead?" Sigh, and answer before she gets a chance to.
[x] "She's someone I care about. She confuses me sometimes, too. At times I think I might care about her even more than I expect, but then I look at her and I start to worry about how she deals with things, and... I want to help her grow up, spread her wings, reach her potential..."
[x] "I guess that's what it comes down to. I like her, but she confuses me. If she feels like she's getting mixed messages, it's probably because I have mixed feelings, and I'm sorry for that, but..."
[x] "I guess I just need more time to figure out how I truly feel."
[x] "And trust me; nothing is going on between me and Rumia. Blame my host family for taking her in. I'd rather not deal with her anymore than I have to."
>> No. 96644
[x] "Are you sure you're not trying to ask how I see you, instead?" Sigh, and answer before she gets a chance to.
[x] "She's someone I care about. She confuses me sometimes, too. At times I think I might care about her even more than I expect, but then I look at her and I start to worry about how she deals with things, and... I want to help her grow up, spread her wings, reach her potential..."
[x] "I guess that's what it comes down to. I like her, but she confuses me. If she feels like she's getting mixed messages, it's probably because I have mixed feelings, and I'm sorry for that, but..."
[x] "I guess I just need more time to figure out how I truly feel."
[x] "And trust me; nothing is going on between me and Rumia. Blame my host family for taking her in. I'd rather not deal with her anymore than I have to."

Changing vote.
>> No. 96645
Yeah, change >>96630 to >>96639 's vote. I like it a little better.
>> No. 96646
I don't mean to be a bunch of sour grapes, but...

Please, can someone explain to me the appeal of >>96605's write-in? It seems to have a lot of downsides, not the least of which is the way it tries to dismiss and avoid a question that is obviously important to Remi - she's not joking, she's not laughing, she's asking very seriously for Jin to speak honestly with her, and your first reaction is to try and turn it into a joke? To trivialize it?

Why should you want to dodge the question anyway? If a friend comes up to you and wants to seriously talk about how you feel about their sister, then don't you at least owe it to them to give them a serious answer? What does it say when you don't trust a friend enough to have a mature discussion with them about how you feel?

Telling her that it isn't her business? It very much is her business. She's concerned about two people she cares about being hurt because of miscommunication - trying to sort out issues like those are something we would do for her, so why shouldn't she have the right to do the same for us?

I just don't understand the appeal here, and I don't see any discussion among the people voting for it, so I'd like to see some sort of explanation.
>> No. 96647
[0] "Are you sure you're not trying to ask how I see you, instead?" Sigh, and answer before she gets a chance to.
[1] "She's someone I care about. She confuses me sometimes, too. At times I think I might care about her even more than I expect, but then I look at her and I start to worry about how she deals with things, and... I want to help her grow up, spread her wings, reach her potential..."
[2] "I guess that's what it comes down to. I like her, but she confuses me. If she feels like she's getting mixed messages, it's probably because I have mixed feelings, and I'm sorry for that, but..."
[3] "I guess I just need more time to figure out how I truly feel."
[4] "And trust me; nothing is going on between me and Rumia. Blame my host family for taking her in. I'd rather not deal with her anymore than I have to."

>>96645

You should make a password from now on. It'll save you a big headache for stuff like this.
>> No. 96648
[x] "Are you sure you're not trying to ask how I see you, instead?" Sigh, and answer before she gets a chance to.
[x] "She's someone I care about. She confuses me sometimes, too. At times I think I might care about her even more than I expect, but then I look at her and I start to worry about how she deals with things, and... I want to help her grow up, spread her wings, reach her potential..."
[x] "I guess that's what it comes down to. I like her, but she confuses me. If she feels like she's getting mixed messages, it's probably because I have mixed feelings, and I'm sorry for that, but..."
[x] "I guess I just need more time to figure out how I truly feel."
[x] "And trust me; nothing is going on between me and Rumia. Blame my host family for taking her in. I'd rather not deal with her anymore than I have to."
>> No. 96649
>>96646

People are quickly changing their votes to the latest writein.
>> No. 96650
[x] "Are you sure you're not trying to ask how I see you, instead?"
[x] "Flandre is a good friend and vampire for whom I might be starting to develop feelings that go beyond friendship"
[1] "She's someone I care about. I worry about how she deals with things, and... I want to help her grow up, spread her wings, reach her potential..."

Do want romantic involvement.
>> No. 96651
Also changing from uhh... i think >>96628 to

[x] "Are you sure you're not trying to ask how I see you, instead?" Sigh, and answer before she gets a chance to.
[x] "She's someone I care about. She confuses me sometimes, too. At times I think I might care about her even more than I expect, but then I look at her and I start to worry about how she deals with things, and... I want to help her grow up, spread her wings, reach her potential..."
[x] "I guess that's what it comes down to. I like her, but she confuses me. If she feels like she's getting mixed messages, it's probably because I have mixed feelings, and I'm sorry for that, but..."
[x] "I guess I just need more time to figure out how I truly feel."
[x] "And trust me; nothing is going on between me and Rumia. Blame my host family for taking her in. I'd rather not deal with her anymore than I have to."

And yeah i guess i should put a password eh?
>> No. 96652
>Flandre is a good friend and vampire
Why was that and vampire added? And why do people keep copying it?
>> No. 96653
[x] "Are you sure you're not trying to ask how I see you, instead?" Sigh, and answer before she gets a chance to.
[x] "She's someone I care about. She confuses me sometimes, too. At times I think I might care about her even more than I expect, but then I look at her and I start to worry about how she deals with things, and... I want to help her grow up, spread her wings, reach her potential..."
[x] "I guess that's what it comes down to. I like her, but she confuses me. If she feels like she's getting mixed messages, it's probably because I have mixed feelings, and I'm sorry for that, but..."
[x] "I guess I just need more time to figure out how I truly feel."
[x] "And trust me; nothing is going on between me and Rumia. Blame my host family for taking her in. I'd rather not deal with her anymore than I have to."

>>96652
Making a terrible vote more terrible, I guess.
>> No. 96654
[x] "Are you sure you're not trying to ask how I see you, instead?" Sigh, and answer before she gets a chance to.
[x] "She's someone I care about. She confuses me sometimes, too. At times I think I might care about her even more than I expect, but then I look at her and I start to worry about how she deals with things, and... I want to help her grow up, spread her wings, reach her potential..."
[x] "I guess that's what it comes down to. I like her, but she confuses me. If she feels like she's getting mixed messages, it's probably because I have mixed feelings, and I'm sorry for that, but..."
[x] "I guess I just need more time to figure out how I truly feel."
[x] "And trust me; nothing is going on between me and Rumia. Blame my host family for taking her in. I'd rather not deal with her anymore than I have to."
>> No. 96655
[x] "Are you sure you're not trying to ask how I see you, instead?" Sigh, and answer before she gets a chance to.
[x] "She's someone I care about. She confuses me sometimes, too. At times I think I might care about her even more than I expect, but then I look at her and I start to worry about how she deals with things, and... I want to help her grow up, spread her wings, reach her potential..."
[x] "I guess that's what it comes down to. I like her, but she confuses me. If she feels like she's getting mixed messages, it's probably because I have mixed feelings, and I'm sorry for that, but..."
[x] "I guess I just need more time to figure out how I truly feel."
[x] "And trust me; nothing is going on between me and Rumia. Blame my host family for taking her in. I'd rather not deal with her anymore than I have to."

Just be sure to add that Remilia does not harm Rumia. Knowing how she is, she might just go ahead and "take care" of our Rumia problem if we mention not wanting to deal with her anymore. Maybe we can find a place for Rumia to stay later on.
>> No. 96660
File 125453148388.jpg - (67.54KB , 500x281 , snap.jpg ) [iqdb]
96660
I love Flan and dearly want to help her, but I don't want anything closer than an older brother sort of relationship with her.

...Count this as a vote that's closest to whichever vote sounds the most like that.

>>96501
>"Another friend?" The look on her face changes from a smile to something else - it's almost like a sadness, but... not. You can't quite place what it is exactly, yet she looks awfully serious all of a sudden, her voice also having turned quiet almost to the point of being a mere whisper. The way she stares at you right now, without blinking, is slowly beginning to make you feel uncomfortable for some reason.
Pic related.

>>96518
We'd damn well better.

>>96567
>I'm worried about Flan coming in and finding Rumia in his bed.
And she still might come by, too.

>>96603
>Post on an imageboard devoted to fanfiction about magical girls?
Interactive fanfiction about magical girls. Get it right.
>> No. 96661
>>96660

Thing is the lead is an older brother in NEARLY EVERY FUCKING STORY SHE APPEARS IN!

This is a chance for something else.

We just made a misstep, something we'll fix and help her along the way.

Us Flanfans have made a lot of progress in our quest, even against the almighty Sakuya fans. Neither friendzoners nor Rumia fans will hinder our quest.

We have reserves.
>> No. 96664
I find it interesting how no one is attempting to at least try to dodge the question by countering with asking just HOW exactly Remilia happened to know the situation of Rumia sleeping in Jin's room.

Not just whether or not Remilia was peeping through a window or something, but how she did it if that window happened to be on the second floor.

If this ruse isn't going to last for very much longer, it seems a shame to let one last opportunity to make her squirm pass on by like that.
>> No. 96665
File 125454195417.jpg - (911.25KB , 649x1074 , dearflandre.jpg ) [iqdb]
96665
>>96661

BELIEVE IN HER WHO BELIEVES IN US!

Failure is not an option
>> No. 96666
File 125454295958.jpg - (180.06KB , 750x672 , 6218876.jpg ) [iqdb]
96666
[X] "To ask such a serious question, you'd think we had known each other for close to 3 months now."
[X] "Flandre is more than a friend to me. How much I cherish seeing her be happy and succeed... and how miserable I feel when I disappoint her... should speak volumes about my feelings towards her."
[X] "As for mixed signals... you're probably right, and it's my fault. For some reason, I was expecting Flan to define our relationship. All things considered, though, that should have been my job. A responsibility I have failed at spectacularly, you must admit. You'll have to forgive me, I am still adjusting to my new surroundings and circumstances."
[X] "Speaking of which, if you're worried about having a new brother in your extended family... well.. even for a Casanova such as myself, it has only been a week since I got here. Anyone trying to put the moves on someone in that time frame is either a fool or the protagonist in a cheesy dating sim."
[X] "But enough about me, let's talk about me: how do you see me Miss Scarlet?"

Looks like the fix is in on this one, so I'm letting this fly as an excuse to post some nice Flandre art.
>> No. 96667
File 125454399377.jpg - (225.05KB , 700x515 , OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM.jpg ) [iqdb]
96667
>>"Mmh... Bro... You..."
>>"...taste like chicken~"

Am I the only one who finds that adorable? Mildly disturbing, sure, but adorable nonetheless?
I mean, yeah, she's dreaming about eating you, but the fact that even in her dream she thinks of you as her 'bro' is quite touching. Not as much as it would be minus the whole "killing and eating you" bit that goes along with it, but oh well.

Maybe in her dream she can have her "brother" and eat him, too?
>> No. 96668
File 125454636856.jpg - (223.30KB , 700x700 , 1209180396643.jpg ) [iqdb]
96668
>>96667
rumia has always and will always scare the hell out of me

she thinks it would be fun to end your life, where is your survival instinct?
>> No. 96670
File 125454715043.jpg - (110.87KB , 800x600 , be140cb22c61de5b05927e435a793773.jpg ) [iqdb]
96670
>>she thinks it would be fun to end your life, where is your survival instinct?

Oh, I think it wandered off somewhere between the part where we joked with Remilia about molesting her sister and the part where we willingly went to sleep with a mentally-unstable vampire girl who requires shackles on her bed and who could punch dents into a door made of thick, reinforced metal.
>> No. 96674
File 125454987095.jpg - (235.65KB , 686x800 , finaldestination.jpg ) [iqdb]
96674
Little sisters only
No big sisters
No Good End
>> No. 96676
File 125455173921.jpg - (73.12KB , 514x700 , 3fa7dda8b777046e33cb19386535628f.jpg ) [iqdb]
96676
>>96674
excuse me sir I believe you dropped this
>> No. 96677
>>96668
like male spiders, it is overruled by our reproductive instinct.

speaking of which, i can't believe no-one has cracked a joke about fellatio yet.
>> No. 96678
File 125455274521.png - (205.09KB , 1075x1514 , 1251589821225.png ) [iqdb]
96678
>>96676
>> No. 96680
File 125455624935.png - (103.18KB , 380x380 , RumiaOnCoke.png ) [iqdb]
96680
>>96677
>>like male spiders, it is overruled by our reproductive instinct.
>>Talking about Rumia
>>reproductive instinct
>>RUMIA.

See, that is not at all why I like Rumia and am not at all deterred by the notion that she would take great pleasure in killing us.
I happen to like the notion of a character that fills the role of a "little sister" type, someone who holds at least some degree of fondness for you, yet at the same time would gladly kill you in some horrific manner, be it for hunger or simply for sheer amusement.

In a way, I think she perhaps compliments Jin's own personality in a way unlike anyone else.

I mean, think about it. He's in an unbelievable situation, surrounded by all sorts of powerful beings who could tear him limb from limb with virtually zero effort, and some of whom would have no qualms about doing so if provoked. While any sane person would immediately piss themselves and cower in a corner somewhere, he more or less quickly accepted things for what they were and did not let that interfere with his relations with people.

Then you have Rumia, a youkai girl who fully accepts what she is as a natural predator for humans, and Jin who is naturally her prey, yet doesn't allow that to get in the way of becoming friends/rivals with him, and even taking up residence in his home.

No deceptions, no facades, just two people who fully realize just how fucked up their situation is, and accept it for what it is.

If Jin were to wake up to find Rumia had bitten him in his sleep, there wouldn't be any need to track her down, let alone console her. She would be sitting right there, calm as can be, and when confronted about it she would simply reply along the lines of "Hello? Youkai? Man-eating monster?" As if you were a moron for not expecting something like that to happen when you're dealing with a being who is naturally inclined to eat you.

Unlike Flandre, who of course was shocked and distraught when her instincts took over and caused her to get a bit bitey, Rumia seems like she would have a certain refreshing frankness about the occupational hazards of a human being involved, let alone friends, with her.
>> No. 96684
>>96680
So long as she doesn't bite below the belt, I agree with you.

Killer little sister moe~
>> No. 96685
[x] "Are you sure you're not trying to ask how I see you, instead?" Sigh, and answer before she gets a chance to.
[x] "She's someone I care about. She confuses me sometimes, too. At times I think I might care about her even more than I expect, but then I look at her and I start to worry about how she deals with things, and... I want to help her grow up, spread her wings, reach her potential..."
[x] "I guess that's what it comes down to. I like her, but she confuses me. If she feels like she's getting mixed messages, it's probably because I have mixed feelings, and I'm sorry for that, but..."
[x] "I guess I just need more time to figure out how I truly feel."
[x] "And trust me; nothing is going on between me and Rumia. Blame my host family for taking her in. I'd rather not deal with her anymore than I have to."

All these write-ins suck and I'm all out of Write-in juice.
>> No. 96686
File 125456388335.png - (133.42KB , 400x400 , 1206964988280.png ) [iqdb]
96686
>>96684
That's simple enough to avoid.
Just don't put anything near her face that you aren't willing to accept the risk of pulling back as a bloody stump.
>> No. 96687
>>96686
thankfully, there are other apertures that are not full of teeth.
>> No. 96688
>>96687
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vagina_dentata
>> No. 96689
>>96684
>>96686

>>/gensokyo/1912

There you go.
>> No. 96690
>>96688
unlikely in this case. and there's always the backdoor.

>>96689
hahaha. I suppose the lesson there is that should a chance like this arise in the main story, one would need to cum on her face instead.
>> No. 96697
>>96689

Anyone who wants Rumia to do anything involving sticking a part of yours in her mouth WITHOUT being on the very best of terms with her is obviously too dumb to live

>>96685

If you can't do any better, then you don't have much right to complain about others.
>> No. 96698
>>96680
I have a less elegant explanation: for Rumia, Jin would have to run from her, but she can not see a reason she would ever have to run from him. The only rules she has to apply to are the spell card rules; everything else is just touch and go. Even if Rumia doesn't know what it means, this is vaguely Stockholm Syndrome against Jin.

As for Jin, how can I describe him any other way than being in denial. The only time he actively invokes the monstrous nature of his classmates and teacher(s) is when his back is against the wall. Until then, he accepts. He waffles on in internal monologue about the true nature of things around him, but none of that has any bearing on his behavior.
Various individuals have strange markings, behaviors, or, most obvious, wings? Shrug it off.
He was bitten by a vampire but there was no pain or physical ramifications, and some are convinced (perhaps including him) that it is a good thing? Hide it under a scarf, that's all.
What about the dingy and seemingly uninhabitable nature of Flandre's room, secured by heavy vault doors, bathed mostly in darkness, shackles on the bed, and who knows what shoved into the closet? Sleep in the bed.
Attacked three times by a person who could easily toss him across the courtyard of his school, rip him to shreds, who previously had interest in eating him? Let her sleep in.

Everything is either a moment of musing or a moment of normalcy until he can't make normalcy assert itself any longer and his back is against the wall. And even then he tries to skirt around the inhuman issue.
>> No. 96699
>>96698
Is quite obvious by now that his survival instincts are really fucked up. As for the denial thing, I think we could call it a side effect of PTSD.
I suppose this is why a normal human wouldn't really survive a friendship with Youkai. Jin is a pretty lucky dude.
>> No. 96700
>>96698
>>96699
Well, there was a 'go mad from the revelation' option in one thread, as well as the odd 'panic!' option here and there; admittedly, those have become rather rare lately.

Nobody ever votes for those, anyway.
>> No. 96703
>>96689
Interesting. This comes not as a surprise.
>> No. 96704
>>96689
Okay, see, THAT is another reason why I'm inclined to just enjoy the fucked-up brother/sister relationship, and make no attempts at anything sexual.

I mean, goddamn. You may as well stick your dick in a garbage disposal and turn it on if you want to see what it would be like.
>> No. 96705
>>96704
That was rape. If you make her want it first then she won't bite.... too hard.
>> No. 96707
>>96705

That's what i meant by >>96697 . You need to be on very good terms with her to try that and not have her bite it off.
>> No. 96709
>>96707
Sex routes sorted by difficulty:

Easy: Aya, Sanae
Medium: Remilia
Hard: Flandre
Lunatic: Rumia
>> No. 96712
File 125459297966.jpg - (80.95KB , 750x694 , 18e42a05a157a8a936e931592c92796a.jpg ) [iqdb]
96712
Honestly, asking such a thing from you -again-... Well, you can see where she's coming from, though. While her poking her nose into Flandre's and your business has been giving you increasingly bad vibes ever since you saw Flandre's room, something deep inside you is telling you she really does care for her sister's well-being more than her behavior lets on. Wouldn't you be interested in what kind of person your younger sister hangs out with, and what the nature of their relationship is? Whether these thoughts are brought on by some optimistic belief in the inner goodness of all living beings or just a random gut feeling, you can't quite tell.

"Are you sure you're not trying to ask how I see you, instead?" She turns her gaze away for a brief moment, seeming mildly frustrated; whether it's aimed at you for avoiding the question or herself for feeling embarrassed over the thinly-veiled flirting she's been doing with you last week is impossible to tell. She looks like she's about to snap a response back at you, but you interrupt her before she can do so; a rather daring feat, considering who you happen to be talking to at the moment, but... God damn it, you need to stand up for yourself every now and then. You managed to somehow keep your sanity when you found out this land is populated by cute monster girls who could rip you into thin ribbons if they felt like it at any time. With them being so close to human in appearance and behavior, you've got to learn to suppress your fear of them in mundane situations such as, right? Otherwise you're going to end up a broken wreck of a man, shivering in the corner of your room in fits of paranoia and panic. Even if this involves erecting a shield of denial between your mind and your survival instinct. But the latter got fucked up long ago now, didn't it?

"She's someone I care about. She confuses me sometimes, too. At times I think I might care about her even more than I expect, but then I look at her and I start to worry about how she deals with things, and... I want to help her grow up, spread her wings, reach her potential..." Remilia simply listens to you intently, looking at you while you two walk side-by-side, gradually getting closer to the school building. A serious discussion like this isn't exactly the most relaxing way to start a schoolday you could think of, but it's not like much can be done when Remilia pounces you out of the sky like that. At least she's not pinning you to a wall or floor for the moment.
"I guess that's what it comes down to. I like her, but she confuses me. If she feels like she's getting mixed messages, it's probably because I have mixed feelings, and I'm sorry for that, but..."

"...But?" She interjects during the brief pause you take to better formulate your words, figure out what exactly you want to say and how to say it.

"I guess I just need more time to figure out how I truly feel." Seemingly unsatisfied, she responds with a mild frown, before turning her gaze back into the distance, looking at the school building just a minute or two further ahead.

"Another vague 'I'm-not-sure', isn't it... Though, I suppose this answer was more informative than your previous one." She pauses.
"Mixed feelings, huh... And you think you might end up caring for her even more than you expected, you say..." Another brief period of silence passes, before you realize you ought to clear up one more thing that seemed to have bothered her earlier.

"And trust me; nothing is going on between me and Rumia. Blame my host family for taking her in. I'd rather not deal with her any more than I have to."

She glances at you from the corner of one eye, before speaking in a disturbingly serious tone: "I could take care of her for you, if you wish." While this would normally already sound like a somewhat dangerous offer if all parties involved were humans, a centuries-old vampire offering to 'take care of' a youkai who even you managed to defeat somehow has some rather unfortunate implications hidden behind it. That bizarre lack of fear you've been noticing lately, making you worry about your sanity and whatnot? Well, you're afraid now. When Remilia just looked like a beautiful young woman in the morning sun, the shade of a tree passes over the two of you for a moment and she suddenly looks like a wicked monster hiding in the body of a little girl again, that unnatural expression on her face combined with the subtle glow of those crimson eyes... You turn your gaze to the ground instinctively, suddenly unable to maintain eye contact. The two large bat wings on her back make even her shadow frightening somehow, as if you were walking beside the devil herself. And yet, this sudden sensation of fear... You're not fearing for your own life. You're afraid for Rumia.

...why are you afraid for someone who tried to kill you just this Monday? Yep, you certainly are losing your mind; but you've been suspecting this ever since your first day here. Maybe you got into a tragic car accident on your way to school last week, and Gensokyo is a coma-induced hallucination. Who knows anymore... Ah, but in your musings you've already reached the school.

"...No need. I'll handle her, somehow." Remilia merely shrugs in response, and head inside. Before you can think of asking her why she's alone today, you catch sight of Flandre as the two of you enter the auditorium, already sitting at her desk and talking to Cirno... who's sitting in your seat. Not that you'd mind normally, but...

"Morning." You give the two a casual greeting along with a smile, which Flandre returns and Cirno turns upside down. Honestly, you haven't talked to her a lot, yet she doesn't seem to have particularly warm feelings towards you.

"Mornin'. Seeya later, Flan-Flan." The little ice fairy girl heads back to her desk, allowing you to take your seat. And stand back up again, since it feels like you just sat down on a block of ice.

"Jin? You okay?" No. No, Flandre. Not you too. Why would you also use that silly nickname? ...But then again, it somehow sounds less annoying when she says it, in her well-meaning and innocent voice. Crap, you just might really get used to it like this.

"I'm fine, I'm fine, just... Never mind." You force yourself to sit back down on the freezing-cold seat, hoping this won't affect your prospects of having children in the future.
"You really don't have to worry about me that much, you know. Do I really look that fragile to you?" She doesn't answer, instead only offering an awkward smile. Of course, stupid question; from what you've been told, she's the local equivalent of Superman in a world of cardboard. To her, the mountains must look fragile. It's... Well, it would be an incredibly terrifying thought, if not for several mitigating factors. One, somehow you've gotten -used- to this utterly insane land within one week. Two, she's never done anything to hurt you, nor does she seem like she'd even think of anything like that. Discounting the accidental bite, of course... And three, you yourself can make things blow up if you focus on them too hard. Are you really that different from these youkai, after all? Maybe not. Maybe trying to come to terms with your own strange abilities is why you find yourself less and less frightened by being surrounded by monsters. Come to think of it, if your mind is warped to the point where you're accepting them as you would humans, maybe it's about time to stop referring to them as 'monsters' in these mental monologues and musings of yours? It's a lot less taxing on the mind to just go along with your own oblivious-facade and stick to denial.

While you were caught in that little mental debate with yourself, Flandre and Remilia had started talking about something in a hushed voice - and in French. Honestly, at times it feels as if they're keeping secrets from you and discussing them right in front of you like this. It... seems different from how they usually talk, though. Remilia's voice is uncharacteristically friendly and encouraging, and as they finish their chat she gives her younger sister a thumbs-up with a smile. Huh. You can't help but wonder what they were talking about, there. Ah well. The math lesson starts, you do the whole stand-bow-sit thing, Keine yells at the third-year redhead for sleeping; the usual.

"Say, Flan..." you whisper to your deskmate, "what were you and Remilia talking about just now? I'm, uh, just curious... Your sister seemed to be in a good mood about it." She jolts into a rigid sitting position, before offering you yet another awkward smile, cheeks turning a light shade of pink.

"I, ah, have no idea what you're talking about! She just, ah, asked me what time it was!" She's so terrible at lying that you can't help but not press the question further. If they want to keep secrets, well... Let them do so. It's not like you don't have a handful of your own by now. The lesson goes on without any unusual side-events, aside from Cirno getting more praises from Keine for not being as utterly clueless about highschool math anymore; you're actually relieved, as this takes some attention away from you as the teacher's pet. Granted, you've had more close interaction with your other teacher lately, haven't you... Speaking of whom. Third lesson today is Japanese, right? You should probably talk to Patchouli a bit, ask her how she's feeling, discuss further training, that sort of thing. Assuming you even -want- further training - the whole humanity thing. Then again, Sakuya has strange powers you don't even understand yet, and she's also human, right? Well, you can discuss this with her during lunch break, or something.

And the lesson ends. Hm, what to do during the break.



[] Spend time with-...

The door slams open before you get a chance to decide what to do to kill some time, and an enraged Rumia appears, baring her teeth in your general direction.

"Oh my, Rumia... Late for school? That's so unlike you." Keine promptly makes a note on Rumia's tardiness, as she stomps towards your seat, radiating some sort of savage fury that makes you shrink into your seat. Then she speaks out in that disturbingly sweet, childish voice of hers.

"I'm sorry, miss Kamishirasawa, but someone didn't have the common courtesy to wake me up this morning." Who that 'someone' is is made ridiculously obvious once she stops beside you, glaring at you with an expression that'd look cute on anyone else other than a monster girl with superhuman strength. In her case, it looks utterly terrifying. What's worse, every other student still in the auditorium turns their gaze to you, the implications of what Rumia just said dawning upon you - great, now everyone knows you two are living together? (When did that even HAPPEN?) Before you can fabricate some sort of lie to get yourself out of this situation, she grips you by the wrist with almost enough force to shatter it, and almost literally drags you out of the auditorium. The last thing you see as you look back is Remilia grabbing Aya's notebook and ripping it to shreds with a furious expression.

...

"I ought to kill you right now."

"Why? I didn't even do anything to you!"

She growls at you. "Exactly, you didn't do anything, like waking me up! Do you know how Keine punishes her students for stuff like being late, huh?" Instinctively, she rubs her head as if it were in pain.

"Well, I..." The words get caught in your throat, but you've got to say something before she snaps your wrist in two; you'd rather not lose use of the hand you draw and write with, after all.
"...You just looked so peaceful, sleeping so calmly, I... didn't want to wake you up. I would've felt guilty, because you were kind of..."

"...What?"

Ugh. It's like hacking up bile.
"...Cute."

Rumia finally lets go of your wrist. "...Hm. Is that so?"
She bites her thumb in thought, looking up into the ceiling with a pensive expression for a while.
"Well, I guess that's forgivable, then; however!" A predatory smirk spreads across her face yet again; this can't be good.
"Don't think I'm letting you off that easily. What do you say we arm wrestle to see whether or not I forgive you?"

"What happens to me if I lose?"

"I eat one of your fingers~" An innocent, childlike smile accompanies this statement said in a sing-song voice.

"...Maybe we'll try something else instead. Can I think of something later? The next lesson is about to start." She pouts a bit, before sighing in resignation.

"Awh, fine. Damn it, bro, you can be such a bastard sometimes...~" What an inexplicably cruel thing to say! Especially when considering she's the weirdo here, and not you... Side by side, the two of you head back to the auditorium, her face seemingly having cheered up already; deep down inside, you're hoping she'll forget about that challenge you just postponed by the end of the day, but somehow you know life's not going to have that much mercy on your wretched soul.

The next lesson is geography. Remember how you were glad that the teacher's-pet title was starting to fade from you? Well, that went out of the window once you showed Keine your knowledge of the fact that Australia's capital city is not, in fact, Sydney, but is actually Canberra. You really ought to learn to keep your mouth shut during the lessons, even though seeing Keine smile at you so warmly does tend to make up for it. What surprises you after the lesson ends, however, is how instead of leaving the auditorium like she did last week, Keine stays and starts getting out materials for the Japanese lesson; wasn't Patchouli in charge of teaching languages? Hm... In any case, it's break time yet again.



[] Ask Keine about Patchouli.
[] Go kill time with someone else.
-{} Remilia (alone)
-{} Flandre (alone)
-{} Remilia and Flandre
-{} (Other?)
[] Hm, what could you possibly challenge Rumia to? (...)
>> No. 96714
File 125459356880.jpg - (151.03KB , 750x600 , 1964272.jpg ) [iqdb]
96714
>>96712
[X] Ask Keine about Patchouli.

Enough Scarlet sister drama for now.
>> No. 96715
{X} Ask Keine about Patchouli.
>> No. 96716
[x] Ask Keine about Patchouli.
>> No. 96717
>Cirno
>doesn't seem to have particularly warm feelings towards you

D'ohohoho

[X] Ask Keine about Patchouli.
>> No. 96719
>I don't think we need to worry about Patchy since Remilia's not worried.

Remilia doesn't know what you and Patchy have been doing, though.
>> No. 96720
>>96719

Yeah but if Patchy was in bad shape, Remilia would notice and be concerned.

And chances are the what we'd get from Keine wouldn't be conclusive towards anything.
>> No. 96721
>>96720
>Yeah but if Patchy was in bad shape, Remilia would notice and be concerned.

Could YOU tell the difference?
>> No. 96722
[x] Ask Keine about Patchouli.
[x]Ask Remilia if you can visit Patchouli in the evening.
>> No. 96723
>>96721

I doubt she'd hide that from US, since she knows that we consider her a friend.
>> No. 96724
[x] Ask Keine about Patchouli.
Though I expect we'll be told little other than "she's not well" again. It's frustrating not being able to talk to Remilia about it, but Patchouli made it unambigously clear that she'd end our existence if we did.
>> No. 96726
[X] Ask Keine about Patchouli.

It's important. Plus, hanging around with Keine is nice. She's nice~.

>>96718
>Mixed feelings, I blame the Rumia fans some for that. The rest is a bit natural.

Whine all you want, I, for one, actually have mixed feelings.
>> No. 96727
>"Awh, fine. Damn it, bro, you can be such a bastard sometimes...~"
goddamn Sunohara.

[x] Hm, what could you possibly challenge Rumia to? (chess)

Nothing else comes to mind.
>> No. 96728
>>96727

Brilliant!

[x] Hm, what could you possibly challenge Rumia to? (chess)
>> No. 96729
[] Go kill time with someone else.
-{} Flandre (alone)
>> No. 96733
[x] Hm, what could you possibly challenge Rumia to? (chess)

Excellent idea.
>> No. 96735
[x] Ask Keine about Patchouli.
[x] Hm, what could you possibly challenge Rumia to? (Yakyuken)
>> No. 96737
[x] Ask Keine about Patchouli.
[x] Hm, what could you possibly challenge Rumia to? (chess)

So... are we immortal yet? Someone like her wouldn't use normal fruit...
>> No. 96738
[x] Go kill time with someone else.
-{x} Flandre (alone)
[x] Hm, what could you possibly challenge Rumia to? (chess)
>> No. 96739
[X] Ask Keine about Patchouli.
>> No. 96741
You know, we should spend time with Flandre now, while whatever Remilia told her is still fresh in her head. You know it's something good, she even blushed a little!
>> No. 96742
[x] Go kill time with someone else.
-{x} Flandre (alone)
[x] Hm, what could you possibly challenge Rumia to? (chess)
>> No. 96743
[x] Ask Keine about Patchouli.
[x] Hm, what could you possibly challenge Rumia to? (how long she can stand still while you draw her)
>> No. 96744
[X] Go kill time with someone else.
-{X} Flandre (alone)

You know Patchy's fine if Remilia's not concerned, even if she doesn't know what we're doing with the Librarian. Now is time for the overdue moment with Flan.
>> No. 96745
>>96739
Changing vote. Forgot to set a password.
[X] Go kill time with someone else.
-{X} Flandre (alone)
>>96741
and
>>96744
are correct.
>> No. 96746
>>96744

I think all the folks voting to check on Patchy are Rumia fans wanting to Sakuyablock us.
>> No. 96747
>>96746
Is that wrong to worry about Patch... specially considering that Jin was the one who put her in that state? Besides... he could use some more training. Which would imply that he spends the next weekend on SDM... and, possibly, much more delicious Flan points.
Try to look at the big picture, don't get wrapped up in the moment.
>> No. 96748
>>96747

Thing is making up with Flan is about the moment, and the fact that Cirno's giving us the colder than usual shoulder is a result of how Jin's been neglecting the club, and thus Flan.

And if there was something truly a matter with Patchy, I'm sure Remilia would have remarked on it like "I know she gets sick but this is a while" and such. And she would know better than Keine. (And if it's something that Remilia can't be told, chances are it's something Keine'd never find out about)
>> No. 96749
I don't see why we can't ask how Patchouli is doing AND spend time with Flandre.

It's a question. It takes all of two seconds.
>> No. 96750
>>96748
>making up with Flan

Oh for fuck's sake. She's not even mad at Jin, and the book club comes right after school. Jin doesn't need to hang off of her constantly; it's not healthy for a relationship, and it will stifle both of them. Stop being so clingy and insecure.
>> No. 96752
>>96748
Or maybe their friendship is exactly the reason why Patchouli doesn't want Remilia of all people must to know she's having a harsher episode than usual? Think about it, she could just be trying to spare her friend from worrying. If she rejected Jin's desire to stay and help while insisting she's fine (while coughing up blood and unable to stand), she could just be that kind of person in general.
>> No. 96753
>>96750

She seems fine, but there's something growing that we need to nip in the bud. Look at her reaction when we told her; something was up then. And the fact is we've been neglecting the club itself.

You must be single since you seem read women worse than most guys, and that's saying alot.
>> No. 96756
>>96753

You're an idiot, you know that?

Flan's reaction to our promise with Mystia stems from the fact that she's socially maladapted from years of being locked in the basement, which exacerbates her already dangerous instability. Fact is, she's being clingy and overly possessive of Jin, growing jealous of him simply hanging around with a friend other than her. Our entire fucking goal is to teach her how to socialize and express herself, and returning her clinginess with clinginess of our own is pretty god damned counterproductive - we need to get her used to the idea that she doesn't have a monopoly on other people's time, and to accept that fact.

Don't talk about reading people if you think Flan's just like any other girl.
>> No. 96757
[X] Go kill time with someone else.
-{X} Flandre (alone)
>> No. 96758
[X] Go kill time with someone else.
-{X} Flandre (alone)
>> No. 96759
>>96756

Yet she might think you're abandoning her, since it seems she holds us in a particularly high regard, and the notion would be devastating and I do believe if it was nothing, Remilia wouldn't have brought up the matter with us (How her sister feels).

Her personality makes her even easier to read than most (Remilia on the other hand isn't so easy to read)
>> No. 96761
>>96756

Well, I don't know about you, but I would be pissed if that happened to me. A special, if not the only, friend of mine collapse in class, I worry the shit out of me and carry him to the nurse's office, something I tried but couldn't bring myself to do before, cry in the club's room until he returns, and when he does return, he 'has to go see other people'.

Yeah, I would be pretty pissed.
>> No. 96763
File 125461975280.jpg - (242.35KB , 850x823 , damnit.jpg ) [iqdb]
96763
It's a damn shame there's no rival school around so that there would be some greater applications for the P.E. courses. not to mention the need for cheerleaders... mmmmmm...
>> No. 96767
>>96763

Oh god this, sure my heart is on Flan route, but I'd love to see Komachi jumping up and down.
>> No. 96768
>>96763

...sorry Rumia. Next time I'm going for the Yakumo family.
>> No. 96769
>>96768

If they even appear, since it seems they're mainly background characters.

Though R.I.M.'s story in /shrine/ has a very yummy Yukari. Though we should give Reimu a full chance before going for her bralessness.

But next run there might be more contenders than just Sakuya and Rumia (though getting access to Sakuya would invo- Oh shit....)
>> No. 96771
File 125462454952.jpg - (195.18KB , 895x930 , d815f09a9aa203dffcaf996c8264860111ce0b17.jpg ) [iqdb]
96771
>>96767
>>96768
DFC is superior, you tumor-loving faggots.

Don't tell me you wouldn't apply Vicks VapoRub all over this.
>> No. 96774
File 125462556343.jpg - (498.84KB , 949x698 , sarashitrio.jpg ) [iqdb]
96774
>>96770

Have you met Chris Hanson yet, Pedo?

Seriously I like both, and you have to be a pedo not to find the notion of say Komachi cheerleading to be hot (or even Reisen cheerleading)

Here's a picture that has something for everyone (Suika for small, Reimu for medium and Yukari for Large)
>> No. 96775
File 125462564854.jpg - (131.74KB , 800x600 , 8b983bbf29511b19d76b77affae957a9.jpg ) [iqdb]
96775
>>96771
Oh god i would but i just love Remilia more.
>> No. 96778
File 125462580057.jpg - (299.87KB , 700x1062 , 1245291186433.jpg ) [iqdb]
96778
>>96763

Yukari would be a fine student. PE classes would be great.
>>96769

Well, we just have to befriend Chen and go to Maiyohiga(?) to meet them. If Sakuya has a route, then certainly the Ran and Yukari have routes too. Ran even went pick Chen up!
>>96771

This isn't about breast size, this is about Yukari. Besides, we are already having our healthy dose of DFC now.
>> No. 96779
>>96778

Depends on how Chen is, since if she's particularly childish, then Ran might look at us with suspicion.

But this fact remains in most CYOAs (R.I.M.'s story and HLA are exceptions): Yukari is something of an unobtainable star.

if Sakuya was normal or hard for getting a route, Yukari would be Phantasm.

But thinking on it I'm surprised that Yukari didn't go to school to be 17 and flirt with Jin in an insanely sexually frustrating fashion.

Like I said I'm all set on the Flan route, but who to say that Jin can't enjoy some bouncing pillows during P.E.?

But I realized something: This is akin to HLA due to its branch nature. Thus I can predict the shitstorms getting worse from Sakuya fans. (since if we do get a Flan route ending, I don't think many people would want to redo the SDM branch)

Also perusing a route with a non-school goer would be hard since it might entail stepping on the classmate's toes in the process.

And I suspect that would be kinda disastrous with Remilia (due to how she is in GH verse and how that'd bruise the hell out of her pride; sure she can live with a guy going for her sister instead, but the older looking head maid?!)
>> No. 96780
>>96779
I wonder if we will get a 2nd run, very few writers did accomplish this feat. So i think we have to go with what the majority wants here and the other people that didn't get their routes will be pissed.
>> No. 96782
>>96780

Well HLA R2 has a possible Yukari, Ran, and/or Chen routes at the moment.

Though hardly anything even touches on a Rumia route (at least before now, This and Dr. Q's shrine story might make smart Rumia popular, thus more viable as a route than her traditional very childish self)

So it'd be /eientei/ (because Teruyo and Harker take too damn long to update), /shrine/ perhaps, /youkai/ (another SLOW board), as well as Wriggle, Mystia, and Smart-Rumia seems to have actual chances here in addition to Flan.

>>96775

Well Remilia already had her happy ending in SDM LA, it's her sister's turn now.
>> No. 96783
>>96779
>Depends on how Chen is, since if she's particularly childish, then Ran might look at us with suspicion

Chen is not the target. With the experience we will have after this route, grazing unwanted targets will be easy; Yukari will be possible.
>> No. 96784
File 125463060979.png - (1.19MB , 700x950 , dearflandre~.png ) [iqdb]
96784
Bad enough I'm on shaky ground with Ms. Keine and having to deal with Jin not being around as much, but now I have people wanting to use "Vapo-rub" on me..? ...Jin...
>> No. 96785
>>96783

Bold words that often fall flat, since there's a good chance that Yukari might not be interested due to just being a boy. Remember Yukari is someone who by mix of her looks and wiles alone could easily have the rich buying her cars just to get a time of day from her. Very rare in the CYOA verse does she take interest in a mere human who has yet to prove himself a legend.

Ran in contrast would be more on the obtainable side, but I think Jin would have to show some fatherly/brotherly skills then. But perhaps Jin's younger mental age might be a disadvantage in this case. (Sakuya isn't that old mentally, she's old enough to have that older woman vibe, but not so much to too old for him)

But I can imagine Jin on a possible route tutoring Chen or such (but at the same time I suspect Chen needs no such thing)

Still unless the story is HLA or AoS (/shrine/), I wouldn't count on landing Yukari that easily at all.
>> No. 96787
File 125463291854.jpg - (181.56KB , 600x429 , 1c022d9db5b82252895514eec9e40937.jpg ) [iqdb]
96787
All this talk about trying for a more mature, older woman, and not one mention of THE most obvious choice in this particular story?

For shame, Anon. For shame.
>> No. 96788
[x] Ask Keine about Patchouli.
[x] Hm, what could you possibly challenge Rumia to? (how long she can stand still while you draw her)
>> No. 96789
>>96787

Well you do have a good point Keine would be another contender, but it'll be a close one with Sakuya fans running around. (Most of the Yukari fans are paying more attention to HLA R2)

But I have a feeling unless a Machi-nee route becomes available, I'd be aiming for a Keine-sensei route (I wonder if that'd lead to sex ed)
>> No. 96792
>>96787
She is like the close friend girl from every VN, always around, nothing special and easy to get.
>> No. 96793
>>96792

Difference is she's the main character's teacher... And no way lacking herself.
>> No. 96795
File 125463677526.jpg - (109.04KB , 600x600 , 1181820672023.jpg ) [iqdb]
96795
>>it'll be a close one with Sakuya fans running around.

Let's be realistic here. As school life is the central focus of this story, meeting characters who are not directly a part of it depend greatly upon dealing with the related characters who are. But who's to say things will happen exactly as they have in this run? What if we don't take up Remilia on her offer to be Flandre's friend, or more than that, what if she never even makes the offer?

That's not even taking into account what happens if we learn more about many of the other classmates who will most likely be largely ignored in this run. As interesting and appealing as the ones we have met have shown themselves to be, can you really count on Anon to keep focused enough? I mean, really now. Who would have thought, way back when she was choking the life out of us, that people would start taking an interest in Rumia of all people? Yet here we are now, with an adorable homicidal psycho moe-moe sister. Just think what it could be like starting with a fresh slate and the whole rest of the class to explore.

In a perfect world, we'd be able to have routes for pretty much every single character there is, but that's just not likely to happen. As awesome as this Sakuya is, I can't help but think it would be a waste of potential for us to re-trace the same steps down practically the exact same road just to see a few other things we missed, when instead we could be taking entirely different paths and see entirely new things.

>>96792
Except generally Keine isn't a direct authority figure over the protagonist. It's one thing to try to make moves on the local schoolmarm when you're just some wandering outsider, it's an entirely different ballgame when you're that schoolmarm's student.
>> No. 96796
>>96792

Nah, Keine's the sexy teacher.
And what the hell do you think Reisen is?
>> No. 96799
File 125463741465.jpg - (230.27KB , 567x801 , creepyreisen.jpg ) [iqdb]
96799
>>96796

Technically Reisen should be Jin's absolute worse enemy, not because of character or even the dumbest of prejudices, but in particularly considering what she can actually do to the mind!!!

RUN JIN! RUN AND DON'T LOOK BACK!!!

I only say this considering where this Jin's power relies on this run...
>> No. 96801
>>96796

Our attractive classmate/nurse.

>>96799

She might somehow do a limiter release.

>>96795

you're right; though what I can imagine in terms of route branches asides from the SDM:

Eientei
Yakumo household
(Dunno if Youmu is in school or not)
Youkai mountain/heaven?
Underground? (Sure it's not in this run)
Temple? (See above)
and so forth.

But I think part of the route Anon goes for next route will be determined by the other stories that run. (If there's a completed Sakuya route story, then the Sakuya fans won't act up)

If not for the near impossibility of a Flan route, perhaps Anon would have went for something else.

Also perhaps new branches result in new things, like perhaps new combat abilities.
>> No. 96802
>>96795
>I can't help but think it would be a waste of potential for us to re-trace the same steps down practically the exact same road just to see a few other things we missed, when instead we could be taking entirely different paths and see entirely new things.

That's why some of us aren't terribly interested in the Flan route. Not that you heard it from me.
>> No. 96803
File 12546417571.jpg - (183.70KB , 1024x768 , 4415c5c08309795bf05425f70f20f2ab.jpg ) [iqdb]
96803
>>But I think part of the route Anon goes for next route will be determined by the other stories that run. (If there's a completed Sakuya route story, then the Sakuya fans won't act up)

That makes me wonder, has there ever been a story to feature a proper Keine route, yet? For being such a contender in WUiG along with Meiling when this whole crazy party first started, the only thing that comes to mind is her part in RoTS, but it's been two months since that was updated, and she was hardly the primary focus anyway.
>> No. 96804
>>96802

When it comes down to a Flan route there isn't much that has been covered already in the context of a boyfriend.

Sakuya will get plenty of chances now and in the future. The same can't be said of the younger sister.
>> No. 96805
[+] Go kill time with someone else.
-[+] Flandre (alone)

I want to hurry up with explaining the Rumia situation to her. Recall that she went psycho-mode to defend us from Rumia before. The way I see it, the sooner things get cleared up, the better.

Plus, romance route or not, Flan is too cute here not to get more of.
>> No. 96806
>>96803

Only thing that I can recall having anything close to a Keine route is Harker's story (Her and Reisen seem to be the favorites in that)

other than that it's a mystery.

In DoLF, she's often overshadowed by many other characters.
>> No. 96812
>>96804

No offense, but my interest in pursuing any character romantically is dependent on how much interest I have in the chemistry between them and the protagonist, and I care very little, if at all, about how likely it is that a character will receive a route at any other time, or in any other story.

If any of us really gave a damn about how likely routes for any characters were, I doubt that Jin would ever have gotten involved with the SDM in the first place.
>> No. 96815
>>96812

That is not our only reason. Jin and Flan get along in a very cute fashion, without any creepiness that would happen had an older lead try something with her.
>> No. 96820
>>96815

Your opinion. I still find it uncomfortable given that we're practically raising the girl.
>> No. 96822
File 125464745382.jpg - (1.16MB , 1500x1073 , 5687201.jpg ) [iqdb]
96822
Thing is, if we're not going for a Flandre route I'm not really sure who the alternative is supposed to be. Sakuya doesn't seem plausible unless we find a reason to practically live at the SDM, Remilia will be met by enough 'BUT WE ALREADY HAD A REMILIA ROUTE' protests to overthrow a 3rd world government, Mystia... possibly, but I doubt there'll be enough support. Rumia could happen, though it'll need a lot of work to turn her current desire to eat us into a different kind of desire to eat us. Neither Keine nor Patchy strike me as being particularly realistic right now.

A Flandre route doesn't do much for me either (said it before at >>95208 ), but as I've also said before, I'm tempted to let the Flandrefags have their way so we won't have to deal with another Flandre route on TP for the very forseeable future. I'll just avoid the topic if a Flandre H-scene starts up for any reason.
>> No. 96823
>>I still find it uncomfortable given that we're practically raising the girl.

How long will that feeling persist if it turns out that she isn't actually "learning" from us, so much as remembering?

Even with her likely spending centuries in what amounts to solitary confinement, do you really think she hasn't learned ANYTHING in that time?
If she can't even appear to remember waging a bloody, violent revolt against her sister, one which apparently cost numerous lives in order to stop and subdue her, then who knows what else she may have forgotten?

We shouldn't forget that for all the childlike innocence we've seen from her, she is still someone for whom Patchouli said describing as "not entirely mentally stable" was an understatement.

It should be interesting to see what this Flandre is like when the crazy comes out to play.
>> No. 96824
>>96822

That's not really a problem outside this story since in basically every other story, the dyanamic between a lead and Flandre in a romantic sense would come off as quite creepy for the most part due to the gap in mental age (In GH there isn't much of one between Jin and Flan)

But a Flan route would satisfy us for a very long time.
>> No. 96827
Do remember the deep insight she showed to the characters in Pride and Prejudice. That kind of thing doesn't just spring up ex nihilo.

Flandre does have a certain maturity to her, at least in some ways. It is at stark contrast with the stunted development she displays in other ways, but do not forget that Flandre, in this story, isn't all innocence and naivete.
>> No. 96831
>Neither Keine nor Patchy strike me as being particularly realistic right now.

As love interests or characters?
>> No. 96832
>>96831
Love interests, silly.
>> No. 96833
>>96801
>(Dunno if Youmu is in school or not)

She is. The poor girl even started hew own kendo club and is the only member. Also, just how would Jin supposed to go visit her, if he ever were invited to Hakugyokuro?

And for those who may want a Yakumo route, remember that Chen would really be the little sister. Not because of her meantal age, whatever it may be, but because of the overprotective 'mother' she has. Ran might be even worse than Remilia.
>> No. 96834
File 125466018265.jpg - (922.65KB , 2800x2461 , 7c72e044c4bed1284fb3f586f8677eac.jpg ) [iqdb]
96834
>>96833
>Ran might be even worse than Remilia.
>> No. 96839
>>96833
I admit, the scene where we opened her club and she thought we wanted to join... was kinda sad ;..;
>> No. 96840
>>96822
>Sakuya doesn't seem plausible unless we find a reason to practically live at the SDM
Because Flan's our little sister.
>> No. 96841
>>96839

There's another possibility for GH R2, since HLA passed her over. And I doubt it'd pass by the netherworld again.

This is what I mean by things being determined by other stories.
>> No. 96851
File 125468125644.jpg - (1.69MB , 1200x1705 , 1b6af3e132630a041db250446430c7a4.jpg ) [iqdb]
96851
Look at all those votes for just one update. We will need a new Thread soon.
>> No. 96852
>>96851
I think we have room for one more update.

Autosage kicks in at 250, right?
>> No. 96856
File 125468219497.jpg - (235.20KB , 810x891 , fec1e9e4a325c42e12f6db1d609200e7.jpg ) [iqdb]
96856
>>96852
Yes, and i meant posts not votes. Sometimes i think we need to get the post limit up just for Taisa.
>> No. 96857
File 125468443541.png - (391.10KB , 600x600 , e3b1cc8cc41a5b2143fbf8c3bc82a843.png ) [iqdb]
96857
You can't help but think back on that little incident with your unwelcome roommate during the last break; Rumia doesn't seem like the 'forgive and forget' type, and your excuse for why you didn't wake her up for school didn't seem quite good enough to settle the issue. If it's a challenge she wants, well... You'll just have to give her one, won't you? However, a test of pure physical strength would leave you at a massive disadvantage - perhaps proposing a battle of wits would turn the tables in your favor. From what you can gauge of her personality, she doesn't seem the type to back away from a challenge even if her proficiency in the field is limited. But what could you possibly... Ah, of course! Brilliant! Thinking back to last weekend, you recall your little chess match with Remilia; while the vampire girl would seem the type for such a game, Rumia doesn't give off such a vibe.

As you head out of the auditorium in search of your little blonde 'friend' who'd already scampered off somewhere, you randomy look behind yourself to notice Remilia going in the direction of the school entrance, glancing left and right in a peculiar manner. Ah well, peculiar behavior is fitting of a peculiar person such as her, no? More importantly, where could Rumia possibly be during the break... Somehow, you figure she's more likely to find you, rather than the other way around, so you might as well just wander about aimlessly. Come to think of it, you don't even have a chessboard or pieces on hand right now - was there a chess club, by chance?

Heading up the stairs to the club rooms, you find it to be rather quiet, in contrast to how it usually is after school; save for the melody of an all-too-familiar singing voice coming from behind an all-too-familiar door. It doesn't last long, before it is replaced by the noises of someone clumsily fiddling about with a guitar - your guitar, actually. Somehow, you ended up lending it to Mystia; while you'd appreciate it if the Prismrivers kept their promise to buy her her very own one at some point, you suppose it's still better than letting it gather dust in the back of your closet. Quietly, so as not to distract the diligently practicing girl, you peek through the door which she forgot to shut properly, scanning the room for Rumia. Nope, she's not here, but you do notice Mystia seems to have cut her fingernails short.

After a series of intrusions into other club rooms, you stumble upon a room which seems somehow different; going back out, you read the sign on the door - Student Council room. Wait, there's a student council in this school? Well, of course there'd be, but you haven't really heard any mention of it so far... Still, it couldn't hurt to poke around just in case, as long as nobody's here. Not that the student council ought to have such things lying around, but you never know; besides, it's the last room you haven't checked.
Hm, who's in the student council anyway? There's a list right there on the desk where you presume the president would be sitting...

President: Shikieiki Yamaxanadu? No, wait, it looks more like 'Shiki Eiki' (in Japanese name order, of course) is her name, and the funky thing following it is more like a... title?

Treasurer, Assistant, ...etc. A long list of duties precedes the only other name on the list: Onozuka Komachi. Komachi, huh... You think you recall the third-year redhead being referred to by that name.

Ah well, enough messing with other peoples' papers... is what you think to yourself before digging through the desk drawers, until you come upon what looks like a small fold-up chessboard, with little pieces contained inside it like a box. Convenient and easily portable. While this feels almost like thievery, you figure there's no harm in simply borrowing it, right? Tilting the folded-up board left and right to admire the craftsmanship, you notice some tiny writing on one side, written in harsh handwriting.

Property of the Yama of Paradise - theft will be punished with an aeon in the flames of purgatory.

...Hahaha. Haha. Ha. Funny joke, there. It's a joke, right? Right... In any case, you slip it in your bag for the moment, leaving behind a very apologetic and formal note explaining that you've borrowed it for the day and will be bringing it right back when the lessons are over. Not that this would excuse you just barging into the student council office and taking things without asking, but you're sure they'll be understanding. Probably. Maybe. Hopefully. Hey, showing an interest in chess is an admirable trait, right? Now all you need is to find your worthy opponent... Ah, and speak of the devil, there she is in the distance, about to open the door to the music club; she spots you as soon as you notice her, a toothy grin spreading across her face as she playfully hops over to you, keeping her arms spread and thus making it look sort of like a really silly bird run.

"Heyyy. Whatcha got there?" Curiously, she tries peeking around you to get a glimpse of the box you're holding behind your back.

"You wanted to challenge me again, right?" With a pleased expression on her wickedly adorable (or adorably wicked?) face, she responds with an eager nod.

"Well, I think I might've found something for us to do, where the playing field is more equal..."

"Is that so~?"

...

The pensive look on Rumia's face definitely doesn't suit her; eyebrows furrowed, eyes narrowed, a few tiny beads of sweat forming on her forehead as she stares intently at the situation in front of her. This was easier than you thought it'd be; she's obviously not played chess much in her life, although she did remember most of the basic rules and whatnot. Still, she's about one move away from...

"There." A tone of disdain in her voice, she moves one of her last few pieces just where you wanted it to be; a knight, which you take out in the following turn with your bishop. She winces, betraying that she didn't see that one coming at all. The game is pretty much over, yet you take the pleasure of letting her have her turn. With little else to do, she moves her king one square to her left.

"You can't do that."

"Eh? Why not?" The perplexed look on her face gives way to frustration, as she notices what you meant before you can explain.

"You can't move your king into check. It's an illegal move."

"..." The words are on the tip of her tongue, yet she needs to gather up all the will in that little body of hers to spit them out, glaring at you with utter contempt.
"Then I don't have any other moves I could make."

"Exactly. And what does that mean?"

"...You win, okay? Hmph, no need to go rubbing it in..." She pouts in a surprisingly cute manner, arms crossed and face turned away, with an upturned nose and closed eyes; you can't help but snicker at her behavior, to which her mouth spreads into a wide smirk as she opens her eyes yet again, chuckling alongside you. Looks like you'll be keeping all of your fingers after all.

"Hehee~ Ah, but what do you want for winning, hmm?"

"Eh? Does everything have to be a wager with you? I'm fine with you just not eating any part of me..."

She frowns, seeming disappointed.
"Awh, but that's no fun, bro. Come on, think of something!" Another toothy grin.
"That way it'll be all the sweeter once I beat you, next time." Yeah, you keep telling yourself that.

"Look, how about you just owe me a favor? The next I ask you for your help with anything, you'll be obligated to accept. Sound fair to you?"

"Hum..." She bites her thumb in thought, staring into the ceiling while waving her legs through the air, the chair she's been sitting on too high for her feet to reach the ground.
"Alright, sounds good enough. I'd have expected something more from you though, bro." You leave the overly amused little monster to her annoying chuckling, heading back to the auditorium; the break will be over in around five minutes or so.

Nope, still no sight of Patchouli; sitting in the otherwise empty auditorium is Keine, sorting some papers for herself for use in the Japanese lesson. Well, as long as the two of you are alone like this, you might as well go over to her and ask...

"Excuse me... Miss Kamishirasawa?" That name is still quite a mouthful to say without slurring it.

"Hmm? Oh, yes, how may I help you?" Recognizing your face as she looks up, she offers you that warm motherly smile that seems to be reserved only for you.

"Er, well... I was wondering, will miss Knowledge be back to school today?"

"Ah... No, I'm afraid I've been informed that her health has worsened yet again. It's unlikely that she'll be coming in to teach for the rest of the week." You swallow instinctively; the worry in the back of your mind that this may have somehow been your fault is still there, feeding flashbacks of your duel into your brain. The way she fell, right after you broke her spell, her body going completely limp and her coughing up blood... Did you really do that? Could a weak little human like you, having just learned how to access your latent powers several days ago, possibly inflict such damage on a powerful youkai wizard? ...No, impossible, you're just blaming yourself out of worry, that's all.

"...I see. I'll have to send her a get-well card or something, won't I..."

Keine leans her head on her hand, looking you over for a brief moment, as if considering something.
"Actually... Maybe you could wish her well in person." Huh?
"I've been speaking with miss Yagokoro - the school nurse, and the head doctor at the Eientei clinic - and she said she'd prepare some special medicines if miss Knowledge's health would not improve by today. She gets off work after the third lesson today, but..." She glances to the side for a moment, looking somehow guilty.
"Well, you see, both of our schedules are rather full; while I'd like nothing more than to go deliver the medicine to miss Knowledge myself, I know very well she would not forgive me for neglecting my duties as a teacher. I have a lot of work to do for Gensokyo High. Miss Yagokoro herself is also swamped with appointments scheduled from as far as six months ago, so she couldn't possibly spare the time for a house call..."

"Um... Sorry if this sounds rude, but... where are you going with this?"

She offers you a faint smile, her eyes seeming somehow encouraging.
"The clinic is located in the bamboo forest; I have a friend who also lives there, who could guide you through, keep you safe from getting lost and the local wildlife. I shouldn't really be asking a student to do something like this, but... Do you think you could pay a visit to the clinic, pick up the medicines for miss Knowledge, and take them to the mansion?"



[] "Of course." It's the least you could do, especially as you feel somehow guilty over the whole thing.
[] "Er... Actually, I'm somewhat busy, myself..." You'd rather not go risk your life in some sort of bamboo thicket populated by who knows what.
>> No. 96859
[x] "Of course." It's the least you could do, especially as you feel somehow guilty over the whole thing.

How could you fail your mentor?
>> No. 96861
File 125468538947.jpg - (160.08KB , 1000x1275 , 2692872.jpg ) [iqdb]
96861
[x] "Of course." It's the least you could do, especially as you feel somehow guilty over the whole thing.
MOKOUMOKOUMOKOUMOKOU--
>> No. 96863
[x] "Of course." It's the least you could do, especially as you feel somehow guilty over the whole thing.
[x] At the end of the day before you go, tell Flan that you'll be getting Patchouli some medicine so chances might be good she might run into you later.
>> No. 96864
[x] "Of course." It's the least you could do, especially as you feel somehow guilty over the whole thing.
>> No. 96865
[x] "Of course." It's the least you could do, especially as you feel somehow guilty over the whole thing.

Such an obvious choice I'd wonder why you'd even have us make it.
>> No. 96867
[] "Er... Actually, I'm somewhat busy, myself..." You'd rather not go risk your life in some sort of bamboo thicket populated by who knows what.

Wtf, what about Flandre?
>> No. 96868
[x] "Er... Actually, I'm somewhat busy, myself..." You'd rather not go risk your life in some sort of bamboo thicket populated by who knows what.
>> No. 96869
[X] "Er... Actually, I'm somewhat busy, myself..." You'd rather not go risk your life in some sort of bamboo thicket populated by who knows what.

>>The clinic is located in the bamboo forest; I have a friend who also lives there, who could guide you through, keep you safe from getting lost and the local wildlife.

This from the woman who also thought it would be perfectly "safe" for us to be left alone at the school while our crazy classmate was still out for our blood.

I know the dear lady means well, but I think there's already plenty of reason to doubt her judgment with regards to how "safe" something is for us.
>> No. 96870
[x] "Er... Actually, I'm somewhat busy, myself..." You'd rather not go risk your life in some sort of bamboo thicket populated by who knows what.
>> No. 96871
>>96865

There is always reason for everything. Going to the clinic will probably take just enough time to miss important club actvities. Time jut enough to let down Flandre, who was waiting for you, waiting to do something fun, waiting for you to compensate the time you didn't spend with her yesterday.
>> No. 96873
[0] "Er... Actually, I'm somewhat busy, myself..." You'd rather not go risk your life in some sort of bamboo thicket populated by who knows what.
>> No. 96874
[x] Ask if it's alright to spend some time at the book club first. We made a promise that we'd show up.

...we made it to ourselves, but yeah.
>> No. 96875
[X] "Er... Actually, I'm somewhat busy, myself..." You'd rather not go risk your life in some sort of bamboo thicket populated by who knows what.
>> No. 96877
[X] "Er... Actually, I'm somewhat busy, myself..." You'd rather not go risk your life in some sort of bamboo thicket populated by who knows what.
>> No. 96878
[x] "Of course." It's the least you could do, especially as you feel somehow guilty over the whole thing.
>> No. 96879
[x] Ask if it's alright to spend some time at the book club first. We made a promise that we'd show up. Then we'll gladly run that errand.
>> No. 96880
[x] "Er... Actually, I'm somewhat busy, myself..." You'd rather not go risk your life in some sort of bamboo thicket populated by who knows what.
>> No. 96881
>>96876

She is fine.
>> No. 96882
[x] "Of course." It's the least you could do, especially as you feel somehow guilty over the whole thing.
[x] Ask politely if Flandre could come with you. The staff of the Scarlet Devil Mansion don't really like you too much, and you'd appreciate it if someone they knew was around to help you deliver the package swiftly and without delay.
[x] Plus, you made a promise to spend some time with her. You may not make it back in time for club activities. Keine would understand, right?

I think Keine really wants us to meet Mokou. She's hoping an interesting student such as us would convince Mokou to show up for class more often.

How could we possibly let any of these beautiful ladies down?
>> No. 96883
>>96876
If this doesn't end up in a lenghty adventure in Eientei, it could give us a chance to spend the night at the mansion after we make sure Patchy is okay.
I am actually surprised that we let the Sisters leave without wanting to go with them every day after school. There should be a choice to go with them.
>> No. 96884
[x] "Er... Actually, I'm somewhat busy, myself..." You'd rather not go risk your life in some sort of bamboo thicket populated by who knows what.
>> No. 96886
>>96885

And I suspect all the "Ask Keine about Patchy" votes were done by Sakuyafags and Rumiafags.

We should ask if we can go to the book club first.
>> No. 96887
>>96876
I suspect it's partially Flandrefag backlash for her absence in the last update (a trip to Eientei probably doesn't look too appealing to them right now). Though I doubt it'd improve our standing with the Scarlets if they found out we'd refused to pick up Patchy's medicine for her.
>> No. 96888
>>I suspect it's partially Flandrefag backlash for her absence in the last update (a trip to Eientei probably doesn't look too appealing to them right now)

Even if that trip to Eientei leads to a trip to the SDM to deliver the meds?
>> No. 96889
Also it's a bit too late to start having a normal sense of self preservation after all the stuff we did (we slept in Flan's room for one)
>> No. 96891
>>96888
See >>96871
>> No. 96893
[x] "Of course." It's the least you could do, especially as you feel somehow guilty over the whole thing.
[x] But stop by the book club first.
Compromise? If it won't work for whatever reason, scrap the second part of this vote.
>> No. 96894
>>96891
Maybe it's just me, but wouldn't Flan having Jin visit her at home sort of make up for not getting to do club activities after school?
Hell, if it was late enough he could possibly even spend the night again.

What would be better, a couple hours after school with the guy you like, or an entire evening at home with that same guy?
>> No. 96895
>>96894

Not being in the right place at the right time can cause far more damage than spending an evening can heal. Also, homework.
>> No. 96896
>>96894

It's the principle of the thing. We said that we would see her tomorrow. I don't really feel good about saying that and then doing the opposite.
>> No. 96897
[x] Ask politely if Flandre could come with you.
[x] You made a promise to spend some time with her today. If she can't go with you, then you can't do it. Keine would understand, right?
>> No. 96898
Well, I voted for soemthing and defended it, now I don't really know what option is for the best. Principle of the Unpredictable.

If we go to the clinic, we can pay a visit to the mansion. If we don't go to the clinic, we will stay at school.

If we go, we can waste time and lose any opotunity to see the Sister, or we can spend the evening at the mansion. If we don't go, we can go to the club, spend good time with Flandre, and go home. If we go, it's possible that Mokou will send us back to school instead and take the medicine to Patchouli, or Patchouli can send us back to school against our will. We can return to school after everybody has gone home, or right after class ends.

Bah, too much to think about.
>> No. 96900
[x] "Er... Actually, I'm somewhat busy, myself..." You'd rather not go risk your life in some sort of bamboo thicket populated by who knows what.
>> No. 96901
>>96898

I think he did the choices like this just to cause a shitstorm.
>> No. 96902
File 12546968126.png - (179.96KB , 600x847 , f6ca1192c2160a4c9f57c51497b21090.png ) [iqdb]
96902
[Ω] "Of course." It's the least you could do, especially as you feel somehow guilty over the whole thing.
[Ω] At the end of the day before you go, tell Flan that you'll be getting Patchouli some medicine so chances might be good she might run into you later.
>> No. 96903
I'm not clear if she's asking us to do it right now or after school?

>>96874
If this isn't going to work I'd prefer it be counted as
[x] "Of course." It's the least you could do, especially as you feel somehow guilty over the whole thing.
>> No. 96904
[X] "Of course." It's the least you could do, especially as you feel somehow guilty over the whole thing.

Are you people fucking retarded?

Why don't we just ask the sisters to accompany us, given that we're picking up something that will be delivered to their house anyway?

Do you people even think about these things at all? This is a favor to them anyway, and I doubt they'd be upset about us helping out a friend of theirs. Damn.
>> No. 96907
>>96904
Additionally, Patchouli asked us to hide the severity from Remilia. She's probably figured it out by now, but I doubt Patchouli would enjoy finding out that you ran an errand related to her condition with the very person/people she was trying to hide the severity from.

[x] "Of course." It's the least you could do, especially as you feel somehow guilty over the whole thing.
>> No. 96909
>>96907

We should find a way to work in stopping by the book club and running the errand; it shouldn't be that hard. This way Flan fans and those concerned about patchy will win.
>> No. 96910
[X] "Er... Actually, I'm somewhat busy, myself..." You'd rather not go risk your life in some sort of bamboo thicket populated by who knows what.
>> No. 96912
>>96907

Fine then, just ask Flan!

Regardless, Patchy shouldn't be too terribly upset as long as we act ignorant about the whole situation. If all we say is that Eirin has a new medication for Patchy to try, Remi will probably take it in stride. Not a hard one.
>> No. 96913
[x] "Of course." It's the least you could do, especially as you feel somehow guilty over the whole thing.
>> No. 96919
[x] Ask if it's alright to spend some time at the book club first. We made a promise that we'd show up.
>> No. 96921
[+] "Of course." It's the least you could do, especially as you feel somehow guilty over the whole thing.
[+] Ask politely if Flandre could come with you. You made a promise to spend some time with her today.
-[+] If yes, stop by the book club room.
[+] Don't forget to return the chess board.

Reasonable compromise, I'd say. Flandre would certainly be eager to go, if nothing else than to protect us in a dangerous area.
>> No. 96922
[x] "Of course." It's the least you could do, especially as you feel somehow guilty over the whole thing.
>> No. 96925
[x] "Of course." It's the least you could do, especially as you feel somehow guilty over the whole thing.
>> No. 96926
File 125471499950.jpg - (110.69KB , 637x402 , perfect.jpg ) [iqdb]
96926
>>96921

Oh yes, and getting lost together within the bamboo forest, if only for a time...
>> No. 96928
>>96926

Did you forget about Keine's friend?
>> No. 96930
>>96926
Oh ho~
>> No. 96941
To clarify, if you do go it'll be after school.
Keine mentioning that friend of hers was a sort of follow-up to bringing up that Eirin will be leaving before the lessons are over - you don't even know where Eientei is, so you'll need a guide in any case.

Sorry about any misunderstandings.
>> No. 96942
[X] "Of course." It's the least you could do, especially as you feel somehow guilty over the whole thing.

Gotta have some more Mokou
>> No. 96946
File 125472555621.jpg - (178.14KB , 800x600 , fad677e55a527df98b56f36f350bdc9c.jpg ) [iqdb]
96946
>>96941
I really think you need to lock Jin up in the Mansion again, Anon is straying from a Flandre path at an alarming rate.
But hey, i have a different route in mind so i am all for every vote that has nothing to do with Flandre.
>> No. 96949
>Anon is straying from a Flandre path at an alarming rate.

We'll make up the lost time.
>> No. 96950
File 125472627774.jpg - (592.72KB , 1460x2165 , rumia130.jpg ) [iqdb]
96950
>>96946
>Anon is straying from a Flandre path at an alarming rate.

I can only hope for this to continue.
>> No. 96953
File 125473406453.jpg - (88.59KB , 655x550 , 062bbf99016f3885068b7f8020d8eb3c.jpg ) [iqdb]
96953
>>96950

Keep dreaming, Flandre route shall march ever forward.
>> No. 96955
>>96941

You should have route locked us already.
>> No. 96956
File 125473596150.jpg - (55.62KB , 410x289 , 1254326363596.jpg ) [iqdb]
96956
>>96953
>> No. 96958
I am holding out for yandere loli harem end. Nice Boat is optional.
>> No. 96961
Don't make me call in the reserves; because we Flan fans have them indeed.
>> No. 96969
>>96961
Unless we get fucked over like the ranfags did back in HLA2 early on; though the Yukari factions had the sudden change in address to aid them.
>> No. 96980
New thread tomorrow.

Now what the heck am I going to do about the 'take Flandre with you' or 'tell her you'll see her later today' votes. I had originally intended the bamboo forest shenanigans to involve only Jin and Keine's friend, but... Hm.
>> No. 96981
File 125476265620.jpg - (145.69KB , 600x800 , Misc207.jpg ) [iqdb]
96981
>>96980
>Don't know what to do with Flandre and Mokou.

Love rival.
>> No. 96982
>>96980
Taise write however you wish in regards to the vote. I can think of ways of settling things, and while possibly unpopular to one side or another, there has to be some point where certain things can't be helped. I doubt a number of readers would suddenly disappear so long as you write well.

and if that does happen well... it is anon but damn isn't that a dick move...
>> No. 96983
>>96982

It'll mean worse shit storms since the Patchy fans would lash out at the Flan fans, and the Flan fans would lash out at everyone due to missing the chance to make things up to the cuter sister.

It'll be interesting to see, and both sides would be happy for once. That and it'll be nice to spend time with Flan outside her sister's shadow.
>> No. 96984
>>96980
what
>>96982
he said.

You can always disallow a write-in.

I only voted for the generic "yeah I'll go" answer anyway.
>> No. 96985
You know what... Screw it. Adventure with Flandre it is!

Writing begins when I get home tomorrow assuming I don't get caught up in an idea for another short I had today.
>> No. 96986
>>96985
That doesn't sound even half bad. Who needs Mokou, it is let's find Eientei with Flandre time.
>> No. 96999
>>96985

An adventure with Flandre is fine too.

Awaiting.
>> No. 97008
>>96985

As long as Mokou is still involved, I'm happy.
>> No. 97023
Nothing like staying together all the time for teaching the value of personal space and independence.
Way to go.
>> No. 97028
>>97023
Glad to see you agree, now if she were "normal" then there's a problem.
>> No. 97031
>>97023
Assuming Remilia won't also be tagging along, this could mark perhaps one of the very few times Flandre has been out of the house without either her sister or Sakuya accompanying her for an extended period of time, if not the first time ever.

This girl has probably been carefully watched by the people in her home for centuries, and yet somehow spending a couple hours out of the house with someone OTHER than her sister or her servant, and going somewhere she's probably never been before is somehow not conducive to teaching her "the value of personal space and independence"?

Spending a couple hours after school with her classmate is somehow more of a hindrance to her independence than spending those hours at home with the people she's been living with for centuries?
>> No. 97066
>>97065