[Return]
Archived Thread

File 125361727232.jpg - (308.36KB , 959x1261 , 49d2fc2847b4fa63363e9b3148947ae6.jpg ) [iqdb]
95282 No. 95282
Continuation of >>94633

When we last left Anonymous, it was monday again, and he was busy daydreaming about girls in school swimsuits after the first lesson of the day.

-----------

No, snap out of it. The lesson's already over, and you're almost the last one left in the auditorium, aside from a few of the first-years pestering Keine about things they didn't understand (in other words, most of what was taught). Trying to shake the image out of your head, you trade polite smiles with her on your way out of the room; though you consider asking her about Patchouli's condition on the off chance that she might be able to tell you more about what's actually wrong with her, you figure it'd be inappropriate to ask such a thing. Besides, she seems rather busy re-explaining the subject of the lesson to those girls right now.

What else to do during the first break, hmm? Hunt down Rumia? No, you don't feel like being eaten today. The sisters? Hm, you can spot Flandre off in the distance, talking to... Cirno? She's smiling, and Cirno has her usual furrowed-eyebrows tiny-mouth look on her face, like a small child trying to make heads or tails of particle physics, nodding attentively to whatever it is Flandre is talking to her about. They seem to be getting along quite well - this is good! You feel a small tinge of pride over bringing those two together through their mutual interest in books, despite how surreal it was for it to be Cirno of all people. Maybe she's not quite as dumb as she comes off? You should know not to judge people based on first impressions by now, especially in Gensokyo. And Remilia is nowhere in sight, so that leaves...

Wait, the girl with the bird wings and feathery ears. Maybe she'd know something about that lamprey prank? She seems to be Rumia's friend, after all... Oh, and speaking of which. You offered her guitar lessons, didn't you? Well, maybe it's time to go turn the offer into a proper promise, just to keep her on your good side; you've managed to narrowly avoid getting devoured by Rumia twice by now, you don't think your luck would continue if they decided to double-team you at some point. Of course, this could prove to be difficult - one, you've not even found out her name yet, have you? Two, you haven't exactly interacted with her much so far, so you wouldn't have any idea where she could possibly be... Hm. Wait, you know where you could possibly get a lead from! Peeking back inside the auditorium, you see one of the Prismriver sisters idly staring out of the window, a bored expression on her face - thankfully, it's the blonde, serious looking one.

"Hm? Mystia? I think she's upstairs, in the club room."

"Club room? But it's not after school yet." She simply shrugs at you.

"The girl takes her practicing pretty seriously. Mysty's got a brilliant voice, and she takes great care to train it daily. She loves to sing."

"Hm. I think I overheard you saying that you wanted her to learn how to play the guitar, too?"

"If at all possible, yes. But, why do you ask?"

...

The door to the light music club room. A sweet melody can be heard from within, a familiar voice singing a lovely little song; it's still somewhat difficult for you to understand Japanese when it comes to singing, yet the lyrics sound like those of some sort of love song. You can't help but pause outside the door for just a moment, enjoying the performance, enthralled by the soft, gentle voice even through the wooden door. Moments pass in pure bliss, until she seems to finish, carrying the final note for what feels like a good half a minute. You decide to interrupt and allow yourself in, before she can start on another tune; true to her bird-like nature, her head immediately snaps to face in your direction, making cautious twitching motions, the rest of her body tensing up in shock in reaction to your entrance. Her eyes widen to an almost impossible degree, her voice freezing in her throat. Come to think of it, she seemed somehow spooked the first time you approached her too, didn't she? By the look on her face, she's already searching for an opportunity to bolt out of the door behind you.

"Er... Hey there. Remember me?" Suddenly, she violently shakes her head, actually forcing a feather to come loose from one of her unusual ears, floating through the air weightlessly and landing in her hair once she finishes. She looks utterly disoriented.

"You don't? I heard you sing the other day, last week. I really like your voice, you know. Mystia, right? You sure you don't remember me?" You're a little disappointed, but you're mostly just trying to start a conversation, somehow. It's proving to be more difficult than you had anticipated.
"You want to learn how to play the guitar, don't you..?"
Her gaze suddenly turns from cautious to curious; she tilts her head at you, ears drooping a little lower, her wings randomly flapping once. She really does look like a bird, in a sense, her motions sudden and quick, twitchy.
"I did say I could teach you; and I meant it. I'm not exactly a proffessional musician or anything, but I'm pretty good with a guitar. I've taught others before. I've even got my old guitar back home, so... If you'd like, I could bring it to school after lessons tomorrow." True, while you haven't played it for a while now, you did take your old guitar with you when you came to Gensokyo, mostly out of affection for something that had been with you for a good portion of your young life. A more serious musician would probably frown at you over the condition you've kept it in, but it still sounded right the last time you tried it out. Just has a few scratches here and there...

And she dashes past you. Well, tried; out of impulse, you manage to grab her by the wrist, nearly being pulled along with her - oh, right super-strong girls and all that. Still, she stops before ripping your arm off, glaring back at you with misty eyes and a trembling lower lip. Damn it, did you say something wrong? It's like a girl's mind really is an enigma to male kind.
"...Too soon."

"Too soon?" Did she not feel ready to learn to play an instrument just yet?

"Not supposed to... yet..!" Okay, now she's just not making sense anymore. Gah, what to do... Wait. You've got an idea, and it's just silly enough to work. What was that thing Japanese kids liked to do? Ah, that's right.

You hook your pinky finger around hers, staring her right in the eyes.
"Let's make it a promise, then? When you're ready, I'll teach you how to play the guitar." A pinky swear is something incredibly juvenile, but it's not like she's behaving rationally at the moment either. Besides, it feels like some sort of... gesture, you know? She just keeps staring right into your eyes, bottom lip still trembling, before she opens her mouth, her voice as melodic as if she were singing again...

"Yubikiri genman, uso tsuitara hari senbon nomasu, yubi kitta." It doesn't translate that well into English, but it's something roughly along the lines of "Finger cut promise: If you're lying, may you drink a thousand needles and cut off your finger." Somehow, the concept of losing your finger or other, more vital body parts during your stay in this wacky land doesn't sound quite that unrealistic...

"Cross my heart and hope to die, stick a needle in my eye." You say this in English, and she seems to understand enough of it to calm down considerably; her ears droop even lower, though, and her eyes hit the floor between you, as your pinky fingers slowly unhook.

"...Too soon." And she's gone. God damn it, you just don't understand most of these girls. It's like every one of these little side events is somehow foreboding of incoming drama in the near future. Haven't you had enough drama for half a lifetime within last week already? Glancing at your MAGNIFICENT new wristwatch, you notice that it's about time for the next lesson; math, right? Hoping that the numbers you hastily scribbled down earlier this morning (which you pretty much pulled out of your ass) aren't too horribly wrong, you rush back to the auditorium, discovering that everyone else is already seated and waiting for the lesson to begin; you must've been enjoying Mystia's little solo there longer than you had figured at first. A note is waiting for you on your desk.

"Where were you?

-R"

Glancing forward, you see Remilia peering at you from the corner of one eye; you merely respond with a shrug, which results in her furrowing her eyebrows lightly and facing forward again. That girl overreacts far too much whenever you have even the slightest contact with members of the opposite sex that are not her, so you'd rather not tell her you went to listen to an underclassman's singing and touched her hand. Not unless you want her to pounce you angrily again. Or maybe your little snap at her last night sunk in? Maybe she's come to her senses?

...You're not about to test her.

"Well then, who'd like to come to the blackboard and try to solve this problem?" Keine's voice snaps you out of your contemplations, prompting you to look towards the blackboard and god damn, that looks tricky. You learned about that just last week, didn't you? Math's never exactly been a particular favorite subject of yours. Sure, you're not a complete idiot, but numbers make less sense to you than shapes and colors. It's all so systematic... You're more of an abstract thinker. At the lack of volunteers, Keine starts scanning the auditorium with her ominous gaze, seeking out a victim for her to pick out. Oh god it's going to be you isn't it, you just know it...
All of a sudden, you spot Cirno staring back this way hesitantly; no, wait, she's looking to Flandre? Flandre simply gives her a thumbs-up and a smile, to which Cirno seems to swallow and nod with determination. Okay, you'll bite - what's going on here?

"I'll do it!" A tiny hand shoots upwards from amidst the first-years, Cirno's voice echoing through the auditorium as literally everyone turns their gaze on the little fairy in disbelief - even Keine. To her credit, though, she gives the girl a chance.

"Are you sure, Cirno?"

"Uh-huh!"

"You mean 'yes'. Be polite to your teacher, now."

"Yes miss Ka-... Kami-... Kamisama?"

Oh dear.

"...Alright, come here, then." The worried-looking teacher reluctantly hands the blue-haired fairy a piece of chalk, gesturing to the blackboard and waiting to see what happens. You could hear a pin drop right now - it was as if everyone in the auditorium was holding their breath, staring at Cirno, who was holding up the piece of chalk in a shaky hand, glaring at the problem on the blackboard before her. A deep inhale for confidence, and the chalk hits the board.

...

"...Finished." Keine steps closer to investigate just what the child had written on her blackboard.

"Hm. Mhm. Ah. Yes, yes..." She holds her hand out to Cirno, who cautiously hands over the chalk; Keine puts a minus sign in front of the answer, before turning back to the fairy with a warm smile.

"You forgot to change the answer to negative in the end. But, otherwise... Very good, Cirno. I'm proud of you." With that, the teacher gently ruffles Cirno's hair; she seems mightly pleased at this, like some sort of small animal, turning a light shade of pink in the face. As she heads back to her seat, you can see her mouthing 'I'm a genius!' to Flandre, who applauds back at her silently from her seat. So, Flan has been helping Cirno learn math? It seems you've helped improve the lives of two girls; getting one to socialize and make friends, and getting the other help with her education. Feels good, man. Nothing could ruin your mood right about now...

"Teacher!!!"

Except for the whiny, high-pitched voice of one of the first-years, a girl with long, flowing dark blue hair, pointing at you with her cheeks puffed out like those of a spoiled brat who isn't getting what she wants, red eyes staring knives at you. You think she was the one from whom Keine confiscated the black hat with peaches on it (wtf?) last week.

"Why does HE get to wear a scarf indoors when I can't wear my hat? That's just unfair!"

Uh-oh.

"My my, and the weather outside is still so warm, too... Are you feeling quite alright?" Keine's attention is focused on you, one eyebrow cocked suspiciously.
"If that is meant to be a fashion statement, well... I do agree that the look suits you, but we'll be having none of that during class. Would you kindly remove it?"

...why is everyone else staring at you, too!?



[] (Make up an excuse! Write-in.)
[] Remove the scarf.

>> No. 95285
[x] BRB POLO SHIRT
Honestly no idea what to vote. I'll check back later.
>> No. 95286
[x] "I've been feeling a little anemic, lately. I think I may have come down with something."
[x] "I was actually going to visit the nurse after this class. Should I go now? Otherwise, I am quite cold." Rub your shoulders to emphasize the point.
>> No. 95288
[x] "This is a birthday gift from an important person"
>> No. 95289
>[x] "This is a birthday gift from an important person"
Announce in front of the sisters that you consider Sakuya an "important person"? No thanks.
[x] "I've been feeling a little anemic, lately. I think I may have come down with something."
[x] "I was actually going to visit the nurse after this class. Should I go now? Otherwise, I am quite cold." Rub your shoulders to emphasize the point.
>> No. 95290
[x] "I've been feeling a little anemic, lately. I think I may have come down with something."
[x] "I was actually going to visit the nurse after this class. Should I go now? Otherwise, I am quite cold." Rub your shoulders to emphasize the point.

Id like to add...
[T] Breathe just a little heavier than usually.

It's likely that someone (Reisen) will accompany us to the nurse's room. We could tell her on the way that we are not really sick, but that the situation is serious. Besides, I am sure Eirin will understand... somehow.

Sadly, choosing this option will eliminate any chances to see all the hot girls in swimsuits at the pool today.
>> No. 95291
[x] "I've been feeling a little anemic, lately. I think I may have come down with something."
[x] "I was actually going to visit the nurse after this class. Should I go now? Otherwise, I am quite cold." Rub your shoulders to emphasize the point.
>> No. 95292
>>95290
Revealing the bites, if they're still not gone, will mean Bad Times.

Somebody in the SDM has no compunctions about touching your penis.

I think our lust will still be content with that fact without seeing Touhoes in swimsuits if the alternative is... well. Not living.

But let's make sure, first.

[x] Surreptitiously feel under the scarf to check if the bites are still there.
(x) If not, take off the scarf.

(x) If they're still there:
[x] "I've been feeling a bit of a chill lately. I think I may have come down with something."
[x] "I was actually going to visit the nurse after this class. Should I go now? Otherwise, I am quite cold." Rub your shoulders to emphasize the point.

How the fuck do you feel anemic? I have yet to hear someone in real life ever say that.
>> No. 95293
>>95292
You feel generally weaker, need more air to function, etc.
>> No. 95296
[x] "Actually, I have a really terrible rash. I just didn't want to subject anybody to having to look at it."
[x] "I mean bad. Like festering bad. I think it could be contagious."

As if this would work, or if we'd even want it to. You be the judge of that.
>> No. 95299
>>95293
I still don't know how you can feel anemic anymore than you can feel a little AIDSy or just a bit tuberculocious.

It's a condition, not a feeling.

Fucking Japanese hypochondria.
>> No. 95300
[x] Surreptitiously feel under the scarf to check if the bites are still there.
(x) If not, take off the scarf.

(x) If they're still there:
[x] "I've been feeling a bit of a chill lately. I think I may have come down with something."
[x] "I was actually going to visit the nurse after this class. Should I go now? Otherwise, I am quite cold." Rub your shoulders to emphasize the point.
>> No. 95301
[x] Surreptitiously feel under the scarf to check if the bites are still there.
(x) If not, take off the scarf.

(x) If they're still there:
[x] "I've been feeling a bit of a chill lately. I think I may have come down with something."
[x] "I was actually going to visit the nurse after this class. Should I go now? Otherwise, I am quite cold." Rub your shoulders to emphasize the point.
>> No. 95302
>>95299
Right, because "a bit of a chill" sounds so much more serious and worrisome than experiencing general anemia.

It's a much better reason to get the fuck out of class, though. Perhaps enough for a sick-day until the bite disappears.
>> No. 95303
[x] Surreptitiously feel under the scarf to check if the bites are still there.
(x) If not, take off the scarf.

(x) If they're still there:
[x] "I've been feeling a bit of a chill lately. I think I may have come down with something."
[x] "I was actually going to visit the nurse after this class. Should I go now? Otherwise, I am quite cold." Rub your shoulders to emphasize the point.
>> No. 95305
[x] Surreptitiously feel under the scarf to check if the bites are still there.
(x) If not, take off the scarf.

(x) If they're still there:
[x] "I've been feeling a bit of a chill lately. I think I may have come down with something."
[x] "I was actually going to visit the nurse after this class. Should I go now? Otherwise, I am quite cold." Rub your shoulders to emphasize the point.

I do not want to miss Komachi crammed into a school swimsuit if I don't have to.
>> No. 95308
[X] Surreptitiously feel under the scarf to check if the bites are still there.
(X) If not, take off the scarf.

(X) If they're still there:
[X] "I've been feeling a bit of a chill lately. I think I may have come down with something."
[X] "I was actually going to visit the nurse after this class. Should I go now? Otherwise, I am quite cold." Rub your shoulders to emphasize the point.

Do not want to miss any of the girls in school swimsuits, but... well... you've got to be careful about these things. If the bite marks have gotten small enough, we may be able to take the thing off, but...

Well, either way, someone is liable to find out. I imagine that if we head down to the Nurse's office, at the very least we'll have Reisen and Eirin finding out. Though Reisen can probably keep secrets, and Eirin will be too excited over the prospect of looking over a specimen who has been bitten by a vampire to tell anyone.

Actually, is the onset of anemia after a bite impossible? I seem to remember reading that Remilia tends to leave her victims anemic.
>> No. 95313
I wonder, if the wounds are small enough, would it not be possible to just pass them off as bug bites of some sort? It certainly wouldn't be unusual for mosquitoes and the like to be out and about in such warm weather, would it?
>> No. 95317
File 125364863314.jpg - (133.83KB , 700x800 , 69bc3ac83befa56cbcf51a4fead243b0.jpg ) [iqdb]
95317
[X] Surreptitiously feel under the scarf to check if the bites are still there.
(X) If not, take off the scarf.

(X) If they're still there:
[X] "I've been feeling a bit of a chill lately. I think I may have come down with something."
[X] "I was actually going to visit the nurse after this class. Should I go now? Otherwise, I am quite cold." Rub your shoulders to emphasize the point.
>> No. 95321
>>95313
On that note, since Remilia left us a note, she's not sitting next to us or anything. There's no comment about who is sitting to our side (is it the left or right?), but whoever it is probably wouldn't realize the severity of the marks on our neck. I doubt it's public knowledge that we spent the weekend with some vampires, and they'd probably just lose interest after a quick bullshit explanation.



Hmm. If Remilia finds out we got bit, I wonder if we could retort with "Did you know you walk in your sleep? And drink?"
>> No. 95322
>>95321
Unless the wounds have healed REALLY quickly, or at least to a degree that they can be passed off as insect bites, I think Remilia finding out isn't a matter of "if" but "when".

After all, even if Tenshi had not raised a stink about the scarf in class, we certainly couldn't keep wearing it if we're going to be swimming, could we?
>> No. 95324
[] Remove the scarf.

There is nothing there anymore, it's always like this.
>> No. 95332
I had just thought of something while doing odd tasks around the house. In Ikuta Takanon's "FuzzyPop" doujin (it's futa, but that's besides the point...), Chen is decorating Ran's shoes with a knocked-out snake and rocks. That made me think of the eel (snake-like) found in our shoes in the locker. As there is no translation for that doujin, I don't know what's going on, but the similarity makes me think the concepts might be related?

Anemia option? are we relying on cliche or do we not just have any ideas?
[+] "It was a present. I just received and didn't get a chance to put it away at home."
[+] "When I checked my shoe locker this morning, I found it had been--used by someone else so I wasn't sure it was safe to leave it there. There's few easy ways to carry a scarf around all day ..."
>> No. 95336
[] Remove the scarf.
>> No. 95337
changing from
>>95300
to
[x] Remove the scarf.
>> No. 95339
You know, if we're so dense as to pass off flying girls to the heat, then we're dense enough not to notice a couple of holes on our neck.

"Jin, did you know you have a pair of holes in your neck?"

"Eh? You mean my ears?"

"N-No, two little puncture wounds on your neck. You didn't notice them at all?"

"Not really... Must've been bitten by something."
>> No. 95375
File 125372668086.jpg - (306.38KB , 1113x1600 , 041_546ra.jpg ) [iqdb]
95375
>> No. 95376
>>95375
Are you trying to bribe me into writing or something?
>> No. 95378
File 125372833943.jpg - (260.95KB , 1113x1600 , 039_546ra.jpg ) [iqdb]
95378
>>95376
No, but never. No. I don't even know how that got there.
>> No. 95379
>>95378
Sauce?
>> No. 95380
>>95375
>>95378
Why would Remilia be wearing Mokotan panties, anyway?
>> No. 95381
>>95380

Why wouldn't she be wearing Mokotan panties?
>> No. 95382
>>95376

It usually works with Teruyo...
>> No. 95385
>>95379

See:
>>/at/2817
>> No. 95387
File 125373233723.jpg - (534.76KB , 713x1000 , 36ebfae8dff798b706a151998d3dd43a.jpg ) [iqdb]
95387
>>95382
You know I can't resist an embarrassed Remilia in itty-bitty teeny-weeny panties.

----------

This could end up biting you in the ass somehow if you cock it up. Stealthily, you feel under the scarf, checking if the bite wounds are still there... Yup. You can still feel them; they're a lot smaller, but they'd probably still be noticeable. Could you pass them off as bug bites or something? ...No, too risky. Even Remilia has turned herself around to look at you, a dangerously suspicious glint in her eyes. You wonder, what would she do if she found out? She probably wouldn't do anything as drastic as killing you, right? Remilia is your friend, she wouldn't hurt you... Though, she does have a habit of overreacting to things she doesn't quite understand... At times, it feels like she's the 'unstable' sister, rather than Flandre. Maybe she's just a control freak? Loses her composure when things aren't going the way she wants?

What does she want, anyway?

Oh, wait. You were asked something, weren't you. These mental monologues of yours, your private thoughts... It's as if they devour the time laid out before you. The blink of an eye, a moment's thought, and a day is gone without notice. Ah, but let's not get overly poetic now... Turning back to reality, only a few seconds have gone by, after all. Time is subjective. To a human such as yourself, a year would be a long time, yet for these youkai sitting around you, who are so much like humans themselves, a year is like a mere second.

Didn't you just tell yourself to stop thinking such meaningless things? Looking back to your concerned teacher, the lovely miss Keine, you quickly improvise an excuse to get the hell out of this situation without incurring the wrath of your dangerous friend, or going against school etiquette. Like to play by the safe options, don't you? It's actually a little... exciting, in a perverse manner, to see how long you can draw this out before it comes crashing down on you. Secrets are tumors of the soul; unless you remove them early enough, they'll end up killing you.

You're feeling somehow different today. Is it a side-effect of your awakening innate powers? An after-effect of the bite you've been trying to conceal so hard for so long, for reasons you're starting to doubt and forget? A beautiful feeling imprinted upon you by Mystia's song earlier? Or is today just one of those days? Who can say... Ah, but you must say something to someone, right? Yes, another second has passed; any longer, and it would become awkward. Another little white lie, rolled up into that ever-growing snowball of deceit... When did you start rolling it, and when did it get so large? It feels like you're pushing it uphill, and it's about to get so heavy that it'll roll right back down and crush you on its path...

"I've been feeling a bit of a chill lately. I think I may have come down with something." To illustrate the point, you breathe a little heavier than usual. Of course, the elder sister, so prominent in this tangled web of relationships you've gotten yourself into within just one week of living in this magical land, would know better, narrowing her eyes at you. If there's one thing you can take pride in, it's your vitality. You've been in perfect health all week, so naturally such an untruth would raise a few questionmarks. As for the younger of the Scarlet siblings? The sadness you saw within her this morning, and on the way to school... It returns yet again. A look of worry, and... guilt? You'd think she's afraid she gave you some sort of illness, the silly girl. If anything, you'd come down with a case of tetanus from being bitten; huh, should you get a shot for that, maybe? Oh, speaking of which...
"I was actually going to visit the nurse after this class. Should I go now? Otherwise, I am quite cold." You rub your shoulders for emphasis.

"Oh dear... Then, yes, of course, you should go to the nurse's office and get checked out! If it's very bad, maybe you should take the rest of the day off-..."

"Wah, no fair!" It seems the girl with the long blue hair won't be happy no matter what happens; what a whiny brat.

"Mmm, should I have someone escort you, just in case..."

"That's not really nec-..." Suddenly, Flandre slams her hands against her desk, standing up in a determined pose, staring right toward the front of the class; Remilia looks up at her with a shocked expression on her face, and Keine's gaze shifts to her as well, blinking curiously. Flandre simply stands there, twitching so lightly you barely notice it, unable to spit it out, whatever it is she wants to say... What is she doing?

"Miss Scarlet? Is there something..?"

"I'll take him." The voice that speaks out is not Flandre's. Looking to the side, you notice Reisen, her hand raised, and a friendly smile aimed at your general direction.

"...No, nothing..." And you hear Flandre's voice too, deathly quiet, as she seems to deflate back into her chair as Remilia fixes her with a critical glare.

"Ah, very good! Please go with miss Inaba to the nurse's office, then." The last thing you see as you reluctantly leave the classroom is Flandre's soul-crushingly sad gaze following you.

...

"Honestly... I wish she'd stop calling me that! It's not like 'Inaba' is my real name or anything." Reisen chuckles to herself lightly, leading you down the familiar corridor to the nurse's office.

"You know very well that I've been there before; you didn't have to do this."

"Well... I wanted to, anyway. If you're sick, then that worries me, you know? Both as a friend, and as the nurse's assistant." Another warm smile; it's nice to have a more normal, balanced friend in this school, even if she does have bunny ears. Bah, it's not like that sort of thing bothers you anymore; it's more like you're the odd one out, with perfectly normal hair and eye colors and no weird ears or horns or wings or anything. Come to think of it, the hat and scarf made you feel like you fit in... Oh, speaking of which.
"So, tell me again, why the scarf? You caught a cold? In this weather?"

"...Not exactly." You reach the door to the nurse's office; Reisen opens it, letting you both inside. The nurse - Eirin was her name, right? You can't quite remember her last name, though - is sitting by her desk, making some notes, suddenly distracted by your entrance.

"Oh, you again? I'm not going to start seeing you every week from now on, am I?" She sends a smirk at you which was probably meant to be friendly, but comes off as somehow... intimidating. This woman just radiates that certain kind of inhuman aura, the same kind you felt before Patchouli started regarding you as worthy of her friendship. Friendship... Is Patchouli your friend? You certainly consider her to be yours, but you couldn't say if the feeling is mutual or not. Come to think of it, maybe Eirin would know what's wrong with her; couldn't hurt to ask.
"So, what brings you to my office today? You don't -look- particularly sick..." A mild frown spreads across her face.
"It's not anything boring, is it? Or are you faking, trying to skip school?"

"Well, uh..."

"He said he's been feeling chilly; he's been wearing a scarf indoors today, as you can see." Reisen, darling, you don't need to spread our own lies for us...

"Hm. Well, if I'm going to have you checked out, the scarf's going to have to go." Before you can protest, the nurse stands up, walks over and yanks the scarf from around your neck, nearly strangling you in the process.
"...Oh. Well, this certainly is interesting."

...

One lengthy explanation later, Eirin seems to be struggling to suppress her grin.
"Oh dear. So that's how it is. Most... interesting. So..." She leans awfully close, all of a sudden.
"...How have you been feeling since your little incident with Flandre? Feeling generally weaker? Needing more air to function? Anything like that?"

"Well... Maybe a little. My head feels strangely dreamy and pleasant; I think Patchouli said that's from some sort of substance vampires release in their bites..? Something like that."

"Indeed. It's to get their victims to relax and... Ah, I'm sure she told you all about it already. Well, if there are no complications... The wounds should heal by tomorrow morning at the latest. Vampire bites tend to regenerate quickly like that; especially if it's your first time." Upon uttering the words 'first time', the nurse giggles into her hand in a lewd manner; you wonder if she has any strange ideas of what else might've happened during that night you spent with Flandre...

"What about Patchouli, though? Can you tell me what's wrong with her? Is she going to be alright?"

"Ah, that's right... She had a sudden decline in her health yesterday, didn't she? I should pay her a visit, although I'll be rather busy the next few days... Unless she can come to Eientei herself, hmm. No, I don't have any free appointments left. Hang on a moment." She heads into the back room, leaving you alone with Reisen for the moment in an awkward silence. Not an unusual feeling - you seem to end up in situations like these quite often these days. Just as you're about to blurt out something random just to break the silence, she suddenly speaks up, avoiding your gaze as usual. Does this girl have issues with establishing eye contact with people?

"...You, ah. You seem to be pretty close to Flandre, then?" You half-expect her to go psycho on you like Remilia just then, but her voice and face reflect only curiosity, as well as slight embarrassment for poking her nose into other peoples' business.

"...close? What do you mean?"

"Oh, don't you read the school paper, boy? Here!" The nurse's jovial voice rings through the air once more, as she hurls the school paper into your face, coming back out of the back room. Your jaw almost hits the floor once you read the headlines.

MYSTERIOUS MALE TRANSFER STUDENT FINDS LOCAL GIRLS SUFFICIENTLY SEXY
Particular favorites turn out to be Scarlet Sisters - Love triangle? Sibling rivalry to be expected?

The article in question, as with every other one in the paper, is credited to an Aya Shameimaru. A familiar name...

"It's not a real secret by this stage, you know. You certainly make your moves fast, don't you?" That amused smirk on her face is starting to bother you more and more with each passing moment.

"It's... not like that."

"Now now, don't be shy; girls like assertive men who go for what they want when they see it! Ah, but that kind of advice isn't what I get paid for... So, here." She plops a moderately heavy little bag into your lap; it feels like it's full of boxes and bottles.

"If you could have that taken to miss Knowledge, it should make her feel better."

"Thank you... Um, would it be very inappropriate of me to ask just what is wrong with her?"

Eirin gives you a bit of a stern look, before sighing softly. "Well, to be honest... I have no idea. It's a little similar to tuberculosis in ways, but it's something I've never really seen before. And I've seen quite a lot in my time, I assure you. She's had it since long before I started offering medical services in Gensokyo, so..." She doesn't finish that sentence, further implying that even she has no idea what truly ails Patchouli.
"All I can do is treat the symptoms, help her feel better. It's pretty serious... A person with lesser willpower - even a youkai such as herself - would probably be crippled by such a disease by now, yet she's still going strong. I wish she'd do some more exercise, eat healthier food, live life as less of a shut-in... It could help, probably, if she did such things while she can still walk with her own power. But that's the extent of what I can do, prescribe medicine and give advice."

"...Well, thanks. Um, so what do I..?"

"Ah. Well, I won't be sending you home if you were just faking..." The somewhat unnerving smile returns to the nurse's face.
"But, if you're going to continue the cold-act, you'll have to skip the swimming class today. What a shame, you won't get to look at all the pretty young girls in skintight swimming uniforms..."

"S-shu-..." You manage to stop yourself just in time.
"I..."

"Now, now, I know how the mind of a boy your age works. There's nothing to be ashamed of. Well, if you feel like you have to hide the bite, just tell miss Kamishirasawa that you have my permission to wear it for the day."

"Thank you..." Well, that's that, then. You didn't really learn much about Patchouli's condition, other than it being a small miracle that she's still moving about on her own. Also, two other people now know about your wound, as well as about you being aware of Gensokyo's true nature; surely, Eirin and Reisen wouldn't betray doctor-patient confidentiality? Back on the subject of Patchouli's health, you'll have to hand this medicine over to the sisters after school... Or maybe you could deliver them, yourself? Nah, it's not like you've got any way to get to the library on your own, do you? Hm, the math lesson should be over by now... You've got a whole lot of time to kill now, since you're apparently not going to be taking part in the next class.



[] Stay here, take a short nap. You do feel a little tired, now that the nurse mentioned it.
[] Go hang out with the sisters.
[] (Other?)
>> No. 95388
[x] Go hang out with the sisters.

We had fun with other people, now it's time to go back to Remilia and Flandre.
>> No. 95390
[x] Stay here, take a short nap. You do feel a little tired, now that the nurse mentioned it.
[x]Plan to head into town to buy a get-well bouquet for Patchouli before you deliver her medication (Lavender & Patchouli, naturally!)
>> No. 95391
[] (Other?)
[] Go to the roof and be alone

Emo option
>> No. 95395
[X] Hey, unless it's an indoor pool, you ought to be able to see the pool from the roof, right? Won't be the same as watching from up close, but...

Damn it, we can Eagle Eye this, can't we? We can pull this off, can't we?

Well, maybe Flan and Remi can let us watch them swim in the lake or something later.
>> No. 95397
[x] Stay here, take a short nap. You do feel a little tired, now that the nurse mentioned it.
>> No. 95399
[x] Go hang out with the sisters.
MUST CONSOLE FLANDRE
>> No. 95400
>Another little white lie, rolled up into that ever-growing snowball of deceit... When did you start rolling it, and when did it get so large? It feels like you're pushing it uphill, and it's about to get so heavy that it'll roll right back down and crush you on its path...

Um, Taisa? You really don't have to be so generous to us, although I appreciate the gift.
Yeah, obviously enough, we should tell the fucking truth to Remilia as soon as possible. n fact, how about NOW?
[X] Go hang out with the sisters.
[X] Explain the bite thing to Remilia.
>> No. 95402
>>95395
Good idea. About incentives to develop inner 'powers' on a teenager, I'm sure that half-naked girls rank pretty high.

So... yeah, we should make a write-in about focusing our power into our eyes at the pool scene...hilarity WILL ensue.
>> No. 95405
[x] Go hang out with the sisters.
poor flandre ;-;
>> No. 95406
>>95400
Yeah, probably should've done this in the first place. We'll be lucky if we're not scattered to the four corners of Gensokyo if she finds out now.
[X] Go hang out with the sisters.
[X] Explain the bite thing to Remilia.
>> No. 95407
[X] Go hang out with the sisters.
>> No. 95408
>>95400
>Um, Taisa? You really don't have to be so generous to us, although I appreciate the gift.

wut?
>> No. 95409
[x] Go hang out with the sisters.
[x] Tell Remilia the truth about the bites
[x] Pray that she doesn't kill you.

Might as well since we missed our big chance. Maybe it's time to see how Flan likes her new outfit (I'd be surprised if she does, considering how it's something out of a Squarenix Rpg)

It's always like this, whenever Komachi comes up it looks promising then something Blocks it.

Words cannot describe the rage I'm feeling for mentioning girls in swimsuits and being utterly denied.
>> No. 95410
[x] Go hang out with the sisters.
>> No. 95411
[x] Go hang out with the sisters.

I'm against telling Remilia about our injury.
>> No. 95413
[0] Go hang out with the sisters.
>> No. 95415
File 125373871068.jpg - (357.46KB , 655x655 , 1253736517322.jpg ) [iqdb]
95415
>[x] Tell Remilia the truth about the bites
>> No. 95418
>>95415
Hey, it may be just me, but don't you think that lying to a 500+ years old vampire all the time about everything is a clear way to end up in a bad/sad end?
I, for one, don't really want to see
>how long you can draw this out before it comes crashing down on you
>> No. 95421
>>95418
Hey, it may be just me, but don't you think that telling Little Miss Possesive Overreaction, who happens to be a 500+ years old vampire, that we directly defied her desire for us not to see her mentally unstable sister's room, climbed in bed with her sister, and, oh yeah, let said unstable sister bite us on the neck, is a clear way to end up in a bad/sad end?
>> No. 95422
[x] Go hang out with the sisters.

Doesn't matter to me if we tell 'er or not, I figured something would happen all by itself with this option anyway. So, let's see!
>> No. 95423
[x] Go hang out with the sisters.

I like how nobody has considered that Flandre is going to be right behind Jin on the list of People To Lash Out At if we tell Remilia about the bites.

Because, you know, Remi is so very emotionally mature and doesn't have control issues and NEVER overreacts.

Not even the Flandrefags picked up on this, which just goes to show where their main concern lies, for all the talk of loving and caring for Flandre.

And if they have, they don't seem to be saying anything about it right now.
>> No. 95424
Do they have doctor-patient confidentiality in Japan?
>> No. 95427
[x] Find a place to spy on the girls during PE.
>> No. 95428
File 125374069293.jpg - (459.86KB , 755x968 , 845237.jpg ) [iqdb]
95428
>>95421
Unless we deal with the fact that both Scarlets are becoming increasingly attached to us (which will almost inevitably lead to confrontation at some stage), we're going to end up with a bad/sad end anyway. And not the kind that can be rectified with [x] One choice back.
>> No. 95430
>>95424
If you don't know, then Jin probably doesn't either.
>> No. 95431
>>95418
Remember what happened when she thought that you were hitting on Patchy.
Now imagine what will happen when you tell her >>95421 all that.
I for one will look forward to the day when he has to tell Remilia that he loves Flandre and wants to be together with her.
>> No. 95432
>>95423

She'd probably sooner vent her frustration on us than her sister. And I seriously doubt she'd continue to berate Flandre after she's done with us; when she reacts unreasonably, it's in the heat of passion. Flandre wouldn't get more than a well-intentioned scolding after the initial panic attack, of which we would bear the brunt.

>>Not even the Flandrefags picked up on this, which just goes to show where their main concern lies, for all the talk of loving and caring for Flandre.

You. Me. After school.
>> No. 95433
Sakuya seems to be a pretty good liar. We can just ask her for tips on how to get away with it.
>> No. 95434
>>95433
I would watch out around Sakuya, she likes them young and probably is already planning to molest Jin.
>> No. 95435
>>95434
>watch out around Sakuya, she is probably planning to molest Jin.
Yeah, I wouldn't want to miss that either
>> No. 95436
File 12537422208.png - (83.00KB , 256x303 , 256pxth075sakuya01_display.png ) [iqdb]
95436
>>95434
>"Kid, trust me... Those youthful crushes on older women? They never work out. You'll outgrow it soon enough."
>> No. 95437
[x] Go hang out with the sisters.
[x] Show her the bite mark.
[x] "You... probably have some questions for me. I'll answer as best as I can."

Need to be tactful about this.

Thankfully, I believe she'll be more panicked than angry when she learns of the bite mark.

The reason why we have it... not so much.
>> No. 95438
[x] Go hang out with the sisters.
>> No. 95439
[x] Go hang out with the sisters.
>> No. 95441
File 125374390941.jpg - (239.06KB , 600x847 , 03a7776c8ba85440db2c4eb6fc640fbd.jpg ) [iqdb]
95441
[x] Go hang out with the sisters.
>> No. 95442
File 125374434183.jpg - (163.48KB , 748x1000 , Got ya.jpg ) [iqdb]
95442
>>95436

Yeah, they won't be youthful anymore at that point.
>> No. 95446
[+] Go hang out with the sisters.
-[+] Don't tell Remilia.

It's not often that our avatar has something he can hold over the heads of the rest of the cast in these CYOAs. I, for one, am finding this dance amusing and wish us to see how it carries itself to the end. More precisely, I find it a more interesting question to ask "For whose benefit is the masquerade?" and "Whose masquerade is it?"
>> No. 95447
>>95446
>I find it a more interesting question to ask "For whose benefit is the masquerade?" and "Whose masquerade is it?"

I like the way you think.
>> No. 95448
>>95446
If you're talking about the 'Magic' masquerade, it was already covered that it is in benefit of Remi.
Now, if you're talking about the 'we were bitten by a vampire' masquerade... you lost me. In which benefit besides Flandre could it be?
>> No. 95460
>Tell Remilia about the bites

See >>/others/9327 picture.

If we were to show her the bites, we should have done so instead of lieing again. The presence of half Gensokyo there would restrain her tendency to overreact. But now, telling it to her alone is not gonna end well.
>> No. 95461
I don't see what the issue is, here.
The primary problem isn't so much whether or not we tell Remilia the truth about us being bitten (along with numerous other things), but when we do it.

If all goes as Eirin says, the bites themselves should more or less be healed up before school tomorrow, and she's given a pass for us to keep the scarf on for the rest of the day. Once that visual clue is gone, then we're free to wait until the best time to tell Remi all about what we know and have seen. And if we tell her one thing, we'll almost certainly have to tell her just about EVERYTHING.

After all, if you come clean about Flan biting down on you, do you really think that once Remi gets over freaking out at the notion of you sleeping with her sister (before sleeping with HER, no less) and disobeying her, that she won't be at least a TAD curious as to why you're not at all alarmed by the fact your dear friend punched holes in your neck? To say nothing about the reaction you must have had upon seeing her room.

Good luck keeping up the "oblivious to the truth" thing after that.
>> No. 95462
If we're going to continue the charade, we need to come up with a fib about why we said we weren't feeling well.
>> No. 95463
>>95462
Easy. Just say it's something like a slight cold, or a mild case of one of those 24 hour bugs. Explains both the symptoms and the quick recovery afterward.
>> No. 95465
>If we're going to continue the charade, we need to come up with a fib about why we said we weren't feeling well.

It's easy to fluff it up to someone who probably doesn't remember getting sick ever. At most, we're going to get some doting.

"The nurse said I might have a cold. I'm only human, you know. These things just happen. Oh, the nurse gave me some medicine for Patchouli, by the way."

If she starts being contrary or suspicious, that's as easy to deal with:

"I'd think you would be more concerned with your friend who is currently bed-bound than a classmate who has a case of the sniffles."
>> No. 95466
>>Suddenly, Flandre slams her hands against her desk, standing up in a determined pose, staring right toward the front of the class; Remilia looks up at her with a shocked expression on her face, and Keine's gaze shifts to her as well, blinking curiously. Flandre simply stands there, twitching so lightly you barely notice it, unable to spit it out, whatever it is she wants to say... What is she doing?

>>"...No, nothing..." And you hear Flandre's voice too, deathly quiet, as she seems to deflate back into her chair as Remilia fixes her with a critical glare.

>>The last thing you see as you reluctantly leave the classroom is Flandre's soul-crushingly sad gaze following you.

Poor Flandre. Hopefully the day will come when she can properly assert herself in public.
Possibly by grabbing Jin by the balls and loudly proclaiming something to the effect of "THIS IS MINE. THIS IS WHERE MY BABIES COME FROM."

[X] Go hang out with the sisters.
>> No. 95467
>>95466
>Family Guy reference

No
>> No. 95468
>>95467
not >>95466, but Family Guy used to be funny, and I don't think it was just because I was 16 at the time.
>> No. 95469
>>95468

There can only be so many instances of "Remember the time when..." before it stops being funny.
>> No. 95470
>>95469
I must've stopped watching before it got oversaturated. I remember the ludicrious flashbacks, but don't recall them being annoying. I think the last season I cared for was the one after they got un-cancelled. It's complete shit now, but I do remember the earlier seasons (and the quote he made comes from one of them) being funny.
>> No. 95471
>>95467
Technically, it's a reference to something supposedly once said by OJ Simpson, though Family Guy referenced it as well.

Kinda more fitting if you think of it that way, especially considering some of the ways Jin can and has died.
>> No. 95473
>>95461
>>95448
You two convinced me. Revelaing the truth is somethiing that we MUST do (if she finds out by herself, she'll rip our hearts out) but that doesn't mean we have to DO right now.
As tempted as I am to go out showing our bite marks (I've always wanted a character that turned into a vampire) it doesn't sound like the right thing to do. A Remi that doesn't have to act normal, is a Remi that can destroy us with a thought.

[x] Go hang out with the sisters.
>> No. 95475
>>Discussing Family Guy

Taisa had better update soon. This doesn't look good...
>> No. 95476
You know, since we're on the topic of the increasingly-tangled web of lies we're weaving, do you suppose if we last long enough the bit about our fake birthday might come back to haunt us, too?
>> No. 95477
>>95476

It just means we'll have to have two birthday parties. One by ourselves and the one Remilia now believes it to be.
>> No. 95480
>>95477
Well, that might be a bit of an issue if there is a scheduling conflict of some sort. Say you're invited over for something important on the same day. How do you go about explaining why you can't attend this important thing?
>> No. 95483
>>95480
Meh, we should just forget about our real birthday. It's not like our foster family knows about it and we'll probably be dead by that point.
>> No. 95498
>>95483
>we should just forget about our real birthday.
I thought that was the whole point, like eventually forgetting our real name. I'm surprised you even have to mention this.

We have acquired a new life in Gensokyo. It's almost a rule that one may change their history and other personal details however they wish. Unless we decide to go back to our world, that's just the way it is.
>> No. 95500
>>95476

Who gives a shit? Our lies are a pittance fashioned to protect ourselves in a world full of hostile man-eating monsters. Their lies are toward the purpose of seeing if they could 'pass' for human if they ever needed to (incidentally the yardstick they use 'normality' is comically warped) by bringing a helpless bystander into a dangerous situation where they lose nothing by being found out.

They made this bed, now we'll all lie in it.

Besides, fuck, I can barely remember my family's birthdays, let alone a classmate's.
>> No. 95501
File 125379314071.jpg - (153.65KB , 1000x1200 , hahahaohwow.jpg ) [iqdb]
95501
<-Something for the Komachifags.

Around 17 votes for the sisters, but only about four for telling Remilia about things, and a handful of counter-votes in favor of -not- telling her anything...

Looks like we're keeping up the act for a while longer, folks.

Now to see if I can pull myself together and type something today... You ever get that thing where you're completely tired and out of energy, but whenever you sleep you wake up feeling even -more- drained? And this goes on for days, in a vicious cycle? Yeah.
>> No. 95505
I don't feel bad about missing out on Komachi, assuming we were actually missing out on her to begin with.

I mean, really. A shinigami and swimming lessons? When has THAT ever ended well?
>> No. 95507
[X] Go hang out with the sisters.

>I believe this is not the time for revelations.
>> No. 95516
>>95505

This isn't death note, and she is a 3rd year student and even if she sleeps in the pool her natural floatation devices will keep her afloat

Well we can always hope Aya takes pictures of the event.
>> No. 95518
>>95501
All the time. If I go to sleep at 2am I wake up at 12 feeling dead tired. If I sleep at 11pm, I wake up at 12 feeling dead tired anyway.

>They made this bed, now we'll all lie in it.
...well played.
>> No. 95523
File 12538204766.jpg - (199.33KB , 1000x1000 , 3d489c3a42ddabcc5dfb31c081001b71.jpg ) [iqdb]
95523
Baking in one of the less popular votes just because I can.

-----------

"Well, I suppose I'd better to find some way to kill time for now, then." You grab the bag and give the nurse a polite bow, alongside Reisen; Eirin merely sits back down at her desk, offering you a casual wave and a smile.

"Take care, now."

...

Reisen and you part ways by the door to the auditorium, waving to one another as she heads off to do whatever it is she likes to do during breaks. Granted, not a lot of students are about at the moment, many of them having headed off to get changed already; as you head back into the auditorium to get your stuff and put the medicines in your bag, you find yourself regretting your choice of fake excuse in the back of your head. A cold, seriously? When you could've spent the next lesson gawking at half-naked girls? Sometimes, you just can't believe the lack of foresight you keep displaying with alarming frequency... Ah well, you'll find something else to do with your time, you're sure of it. For the moment, you're more concerned with locating the Scarlet sisters; Flandre seemed somehow hurt earlier... Did she want to take you to the nurse's office herself? Seems the poor girl still has difficulties with speaking out in public.

Ah, there they are! As you head back out of the room, you notice the two vampire girls talking a small distance away; you can't quite tell from this far, but it almost seems like Remilia is... scolding Flandre, for something? As you get closer, you also hear that they're speaking in French again, thus you have no idea what the actually topic of conversation could have been. Flandre looks as timid as ever, and Remilia seems mildly frustrated, though in a calmer sense than usual. When you get close enough, however, both of their faces seem to brighten, somewhat - Flandre still looking somewhat pained, yet happy to see you, and Remilia still having a strangely suspicious glint in her eye, despite the familiar smirk on her face.

"So. Going home?"

"Nah, just not going to be taking part in P.E., that's all. It's nothing serious, but the nurse said I should keep the scarf on for the day just to be safe, avoid physical stress and all that..." The elder sister nods to your words, her gaze feeling like barbed wire around your neck; you wonder, what are the odds of her knowing all along and just dicking you about like this? At times like this, you tend to forget who the one putting on an act truly is; or whose favor it is in. Ah, but enough of those thoughts for now; assuming she truly doesn't know, it's best not to think about things that'd make you nervous, right? Instead, you turn to Flandre, giving her a warm, friendly smile in an attempt to get her to cheer up.
"So how'd the rest of the lesson go? Did I miss much?"

"Ah... No, not much." A short answer; you ponder whether it's because of her sister's presence, or because of whatever else it could be that's causing her to seem so troubled today.
"We... Got a lot of homework, though."

"Oh? Well, you're a smart girl; I'm sure you won't have any problems with it, now will you?" She can't help but smile lightly in response to your compliment, eyes trembling just a bit, before she suddenly jumps.

"Oh! I should show you the homework we were given, too!" With that, she dashes off back towards the auditorium before either you or Remilia can say anything, leaving you alone with the one person you'd least like to be left alone with. You guessed it - awkward silence. AGAIN. You hear her tapping her foot lightly, her arms crossed as she gazes... At you? Past you? Through you? It's difficult to tell, somehow.

"...Didn't sleep well?" Your question is met with a mildly annoyed glance, which would otherwise be somewhat adorable under different circumstances.

"Not particularly." Maintaining eye contact, she continues.
"And yourself?"
Luckily, Flandre ambushes you from behind before you can be expected to respond, nearly breaking your spine as she has difficulties stopping; fortunately, you maintain balance and avoid toppling over on Remilia in a decidedly non-humorous manner.
"...Flandre, darling, no running in the hallways, remember? You could end up seriously hurting someone." She says this while eyeing you rubbing your back and gritting your teeth, in a tone as if she had left out an 'again' in the end of the last sentence; though, before the younger sister can recede into an apologetic shell once again, you force yourself to smile at her.

"It's okay, I'm fine."

"O-... Okay! I'm glad! Ah, and... here!" She hands you some notes, along with information on the homework you're expected to have done by the next math lesson, which you quickly jot down.

"Thanks, Flan. You're a lifesaver." She certainly does seem to enjoy it whenever you praise her; you can't help but wonder if this stems from her childish mindset, or because, as she said, she 'likes' you. 'Like'... What a frustrating word! It doesn't even mean anything! And yet, it could mean... everything! Ugh, how you wish you could divert your fancy psycho-whatever powers into learning to read the minds of others, though somehow you doubt it quite works that way.

"Flan, we should go get changed now if we're going to make it on time... Oh, and I do hope you find something interesting to spend your time on, dear boy!" With that, Remilia shoots another of those teasing grins at you; a rather welcome break from her simply eyeing you like a vulture, you have to admit. As she grabs Flandre by the wrist and the two head off to get changed, you lean against the wall, wondering what the hell you're going to do next. Someone ought to start an arcade or something, around the village.

You know what you deserve about now? HALF-NAKED GIRLS. Damn right! But the lesson hasn't begun yet... The pool's probably indoors, isn't it? You wonder if you can catch a view from the changing room, somehow. Making sure nobody can see you, you stealthily sneak into the boys' changing room, without making a noise. Once inside, you frown with disappointment; no glass door or anything. You'd have to go inside, and then you'd obviously be seen. Grumbling to yourself softly, you're about to head back out when you hear voices coming from the wall. Curiosity taking over, you throw all sense of decency to the wind, planting your ear against the wall to listen in better.

...

"Gah! I should custom-order a swimsuit... This one's too tight!"

"Komachi, your breasts are too lewd! Stop showing them off and get changed already!"

"I'm trying, Eiki-sama, but they just... won't... Unf!"

...

It's a good thing you managed to get some hormonal release earlier this morning, otherwise your groin would probably knock a hole into the wall right now.

Wait. Speaking of holes, what's that over there?

...No way. As luck would have it, during the construction work, someone must've accidentally drilled a hole into the wrong wall at some point; and a fairly sizeable hole, too. Not large enough to be obviously noticeable at first, all the way down there in the corner, but large enough to peep through with one eye.
No, that would be inappropriate.
To hell with that, your good conscious can go fuck itself. Getting down on your hands and legs, you lean your head down to the hole's level, pressing one eye against the wall and oh my god the legs so many sexy legs! With mild disappointment, you realize that the vast majority of girls has already finished changing, but this doesn't make the view any less appealing! Suddenly, you hear more voices coming from the two girls closest to your little peephole; shifting your angle a bit, you can't see their faces, but the blonde and light blue hair hanging down past their shoulders, and the Christmas-lights wings and icicle wings make it more than obvious who the two petite little girls you're spying on actually are.

"Bwuh... It's too big for me. It'll come off if I jump in like this!" Cirno may have been exaggerating just a bit, but you could see the folds in her swimsuit suggesting that it was meant for slightly taller beings. Whoever ordered those swimsuits should've taken the variation in the girls' proportions into better consideration.

"Hum, I dunno... Mine fits pretty perfectly!" Ah, it's good to hear Flandre speaking to her friend in such a cheerful tone! What's even nicer, though, is watching her adjust her swimsuit, snapping it snugly right back onto her butt, which she then wiggles in your general direction in an amused manner as you feel a rush of weakness from all the blood in your body rushing into your crotch.
"It's like I'm wearing nothing at all!"

...

You're outside, breathing heavily, feeling the oxygen rush back into your body. That last sight in there nearly killed you, ass you were... no, as you were involuntarily holding your breath, watching Flandre move that nubile young body of hers about so unashamedly.

...

You need more. Surely, the indoor pool would have windows to let light in, right? If you're lucky...
Aha! Yes! They're not the non-see-through kind, instead simply being thin strips of glass directly under the ceiling. Hm, how the hell are you going to get up there... Oh. Right. The tree! The same tree Remilia showed you once, conveniently located just close enough, one branch reaching for the windows as if to promote voyeurism. Wasting no time, you climb up the tree with superhuman agility; nothing motivates a healthy young man as the concept of watching a bunch of half-naked girls play around in the water. Breasts, asses, thighs, you keep repeating to yourself in your head as you carefully inch yourself along the branch, closer, closer...
Hm, it never occurred to you just how odd it is that there are no fat chicks in Gensokyo High. Youkai girls must have some awesome metabolism; or maybe they all just like to eat healthy? Very healthy in the case of some examples, like that third-year redhead...

Speaking of whom. You reach the window, trying your hardest to remain unnoticed, wobbling up and down unsteadily on the branch before you achieve balance; peeping inside, you're greeted with yet another lovely sight of swimsuit-clad beauties, some splashing about in the pool as if they were at a waterpark, others actually swimming seriously, others still outside, whether having just climbed out, preparing for a dive, or testing the water with their toes in a timid manner. Judging by the completely disorganized appearance of the lesson, you figure the teacher has chosen to simply let the students get acquainted with the pool on their first day.
Ah, and sure enough, there's Keine, sitting on a chair with her legs crossed, holding a stopwatch in her hand to time the swimming of a student. The swimsuit certainly does bring out your lovely teacher's figure most generously; the student she seems to be timing is kicking up quite the storm of water, swimming at a speed that'd easily win her a truckload of medals in the outside world - wait, that's the damned reporter girl, isn't it? The dark-haired third-year girl... Aya, right? You ought to have a word with her about that school paper, at some point; assuming you can't simply forgive her for looking rather pleasing to the eye in a school swimsuit, of course.

Off in the shallow end, you notice Remilia holding Flandre's hands, apparently teaching her younger sister to swim. It's a little odd to see vampires swimming, considering the supposed weakness to flowing water, but you suppose a pool doesn't quite count as 'flowing' - the mechanics of this weakness continue to elude you. Hm, it would've been a nice, manly gesture to teach Flandre how to swim, yourself... But that chance came and went. Stupid long-blue-haired brat. Ah, as you were saying - well, mentally monologuing - there's that generously-proportioned third-year redhead you were thinking of, and god damn.
It really does look like she just barely managed to squeeze into that swimsuit of hers! It's a pity you can barely see her from your position; not that your eyesight is bad or anything, but the pool is rather large, and she's at the far end of it, testing the water and apparently whining to the somewhat petite angry-looking green-haired girl next to her; you think that one is from your class, too, but you haven't spoken to her just yet. Damn, if only you could get a closer view... Or can you? Maybe if you focus, you can use your will to enhance your vision, or something along those lines... Couldn't hurt to try, right? What could possibly go wrong. Come on, focus, focus... Boobies, boobies...

It takes her a few seconds to realize that her swimsuit just spontaneously exploded into a million shreds, and shriek while covering herself with her hands; the green-haired girl next to her seems absolutely mortified, promptly kicking the redhead in the shin for reasons you're too shocked to ponder at the moment. Did you forget that you focusing too hard on something tends to make things explode? ...Granted, the view was ratheCCCRRRRAAACK. You hit the ground with a thud, knocking the wind out of you; the branch you were on had broken, apparently.

"Huh? Who's out there?"

...

You finally work up the courage to come out of the boys' bathroom once the lesson is over, and lunch break begins. The girls are coming back out of the changing room in their regular uniforms, hair still a little wet from the showers, chattering amongst one another excitedly; well, aside from Komachi, whose face is as red as her hair, walking past you while being scolded for 'indecent exposure' by the green-haired girl tagging alongside her. You try your hardest not to look either guilty over what you've done, or excited over remembering -exactly- what you've done. You don't need anyone else being suspicious towards you over anything, now do you? Peeking out of the window, you notice that it appears to be raining... Hm, in this weather? Must be one of those sun showers, or something. What do they call it here in Japan, a 'foxes' wedding'?

It occurs to you that you're hungry, without any lunch to speak of. Deja vu, man. Heading back to the auditorium, you try to catch sight of the sisters; nope, they're not here, although most of the other students seem to be at their desks, enjoying their surely delicious lunchboxes filled with many wonderful delights and god DAMN you're getting hungrier just staring at it all. With an extremely grumpy expression likely lingering on your face, you march over to your desk and sit yourself down; guess you're going to have to starve until the next lesson. Or, maybe Reisen-...

"Ah, I'm sorry to intrude; I'm looking for this one student, his name is... Ah, there you are!" A familiar voice calls out to you from the door to the auditorium, prompting you to turn your hunger-addled gaze in the direction it came from, as does every other student in the room. You are greeted with the sight of a rather wet Sakuya, her hair and clothes sticking to her skin, still dripping mildly, waving at you with a warm smile on her face, holding in her hand what appears to be a box wrapped in a red cloth.

She didn't.

She did. As she walks over to you with perfectly rhythmic steps, all eyes focus on her, before shifting onto you when she places the lunchbox on your table. This pressure feels somehow awkward...
"Sorry, I forgot to give you your lunch this morning; I do hope I made it in time, it'd be a shame for the food to go to waste. You did say you enjoy my cooking, didn't you? I hope I don't disappoint you today either, then." Another friendly smile, her blue eyes radiating warmth at you; and yet, the facial expressions of your schoolmates, they're somehow very discomforting right now; Sakuya glances around with a surprised expression, placing her hands on her hips.
"Oh my, I'm not interrupting, am I? I was under the impression that it was still a break right now..." Everyone shakes their heads, still staring at you awkwardly; Sakuya turns back to you as well, suddenly patting your head lightly, ruffling your hair. It'd feel kind of nice, if the situation wasn't so goshdang inappropriate.
"Well, I'm heading back now; be a good boy, study hard, and all that." You hear the noise of Aya's cellphone taking a snapshot in the distance.

"Sakuya? What are you doing here? And why are you all wet?" Remilia's voice calls out from the door, the sisters finally returning to the auditorium.

"Ah, milady; I was simply delivering the poor boy's lunch. I had forgotten to give it to him in the morning. And, I got caught in a sudden rainfall. How unlucky of me, would you not agree?"

"But, why didn't you just... you know?"

"Ah. Would you believe that I forgot?" The silver-haired maid simply smiles at her employer, receiving a frustrated frown in return.

"...You really ought to stop being such an airhead. Alright, alright, just head back home already... Hey!" Remilia's stern voice is replaced with a childish whining, as the flails uselessly against Sakuya rubbing a napkin against the corners of her mouth.

"You should try to eat lunch more carefully, milady, or you'll get your uniform dirty..."

"Just go home already!"

What a scene. A thoroughly jovial Sakuya heads back out of the auditorium, offering you another wave before she vanishes from sight, leaving you with a lunchbox and two vampires, one of which grumbles to herself quietly and the other simply looks confused and oblivious as always. Still feeling the stares of the other students piercing you from all sides, you decide to just shut yourself off from the world and dig in. Despite that woman acting funny or teasingly half the time, at least she seems to be a good friend of yours; and she can certainly cook like a dream.

After lunch break, the last lesson goes by rather uneventfully, and the school day is pretty much over. Since the sisters say they'll be going straight home today, you hand the medicine to Remilia, explaining to her that it's for Patchouli; the suspicious glint she's had in her eyes all day seems to fade just a bit at this, though she assures you that she'll make sure Patchy gets them. It's only after they've disappeared into the distance with you waving after them, somewhat disappointed at Flandre not having time for club activities today (what's the going to be that busy with at home?), that you realize Remilia completely avoided clean-up duty today.
That devil! Grumbling with frustration, you head back inside; by the time you finish cleaning the auditorium, the sun's already gradually beginning its descent. Keine had asked you to lock up after you were done, since you'd be the last one left in the building, entrusting you with a spare key. While you're flattered at the trust your lovely teacher has put in you, you can't help but hope you can simply give it back to her tomorrow; you'd rather not have this sort of thing become a common occurrence, after all. As you lock the gate, you can't help but appreciate a sudden cool breeze driving off the heat. Taking in the scents of nature, you feel that this isn't quite that bad after all; climate shock notwithstanding, this atmosphere certainly does beat living in the city or suburbs.

Wait, that's no breeze. And why is it getting darker?

...uh-oh.

Turning around in an instant (and, for some reason, remembering to pocket the keys), you stare right into a familiar ink-black orb of pure darkness, absorbing all light that would hit it, radiating a grave chill around itself. A childish giggle is heard as you glare into the center of the sphere, before it dissipates, revealing the shape of a blonde little girl you know all too well. Rumia. You knew this confrontation would happen again, yet you hadn't counted on it being so soon! You wonder, can you drive her off somehow again, avoid a fight? Well, as much of a 'fight' as you could call it, when one side is a man-eating monster with the strength of a bear, and the other is a highschool boy who really ought to start working out. Some twisted thought in the back of your head ponders if you could just explode her clothes and escape while she covers herself in embarrassment...

"Stayed at school a little longer than usual, didn't you? And all by yourself, too! Maybe you're not as clever as you look, hmmm~?" Such a disgustingly sweet voice for such a disgustingly adorable monster. Somehow, you figure it'd be a lot less unnerving if she were some grotesque giant horror with claws and tusks.

"Do you have some sort of grudge against me or something? This is the third time, now."

"A grudge? Wow, you really -are- clever." Sarcasm doesn't really suit her at all.
"Get away from me once, shame on you. Get away from me twice, shame on me! At first, I was just feeling kinda hungry, but now? It's personal." The playful tone fades all of a sudden, sending further chills down your spine; you do detect a logical fallacy with the 'escape from me once, shame on you' bit, though you figure it'd only make the situation worse if you brought it up. Actually... Fuck it, if you're going to die, you might as well die like a MAN, no need to be polite... right?

"So what makes you think I won't just get away a third time?"

"Ah, you see, the first time the numbers were in your favor - you had your friends right behind me. The second time, the numbers were more balanced, but you caught me off-guard! But this time, the numbers are in MY favor~!"

"Huh? But it's just you and me here."

"Is that so~?" And with that, she places two fingers in her mouth, blowing a sharp whistle; not long after, you suddenly hear a pleasant melody from the distance, gradually getting closer, louder... darker. Darker? You place your hands on your ears, but it's too late; you can barely see a couple of feet in front of you, Rumia's eyes and teeth sparkling in what little sunlight penetrates her field of darkness the only things you can make out in the black. And then, a familiar voice rings out.

"I am the terror that flaps in the night!"

...

"I am the fingernail that scrapes the chalkboard of your soul!"

...dear lord, this isn't happening.

"I am Mystia Lorelei!" The winged girl lands in the one spot before you not obfuscated by darkness, as if she were illuminated by a spotlight, completely oblivious to the Disney lawsuit hanging over her head. With Rumia stepping next to her as they both flash wicked grins at you, you feel your guts turn hollow; one youkai you might still have been able to evade, but two!? And you had never noticed just how long and sharp Mystia's fingernails truly looked... Fingernails? More like talons.

...

No, come on, Mystia wouldn't betray you like this, would she? ...Would she? Granted, you've only been here a week, and she's probably known Rumia for a lot longer than that, and you're just a human, just a random meal to them...

...but still!? She looks a little hesitant to do this... doesn't she? It's not just your imagination, is it?

Oh god, how are you going to get out of this one?




Pick one or more:
[] Try to reason with Rumia.
[] Try to reason with Mystia.
-{} Remind her of the promise you two made.
[] Challenge Rumia to a spell duel!
[] Challenge Mystia to a spell duel!
[] Crush the youkai WITH YOUR MIND.
[] Run like you've never run before.
[] Scream for help.
[] (Write-in: Both dialogue and actions are accepted.)
>> No. 95524
[x] Yeah well, you know what? Fuck you, both of you, Im sick of this and Im going home.
>> No. 95526
>[] Try to reason with Mystia.
>-{} Remind her of the promise you two made.

This might work, but it feels.. Too easy. Or Taisa is just mindgaming us.
It could possibly turn Rumia on Mystia, "Why would you make a promise with him!?"
>> No. 95527
[x] Challenge Mystia to a spell duel!
[x] Crush the youkai WITH YOUR MIND.

Kill one in front of the other, and she won't ever bother you again.
>> No. 95528
[x] Try to reason with Mystia.
-{x} Remind her of the promise you two made.
[x] Challenge Rumia to a spell duel!
[x] Next to last resort: Pervert Sign: Exploding clothes (They'd have to be really persistant to try fighting naked.)
[x] If all else fails, Crush the youkai WITH YOUR MIND.

Okay you're forgiven now...

Sakuya, you flirt.
>> No. 95529
File 125382160277.jpg - (38.14KB , 297x400 , crushgermanswithyourmind.jpg ) [iqdb]
95529
>>95523
[] Try to reason with Mystia.
-{} Remind her of the promise you two made.
If that fails:
[] Challenge Rumia to a spell duel!
- A level 1 boss? Sure thing!
Should we lose:
[] Crush the youkai('s clothes) WITH YOUR MIND.
>> No. 95531
[x] Try to reason with Mystia.
-{x} Remind her of the promise you two made.
[x] Challenge Rumia to a spell duel!
[x] Next to last resort: Pervert Sign: Exploding clothes (They'd have to be really persistant to try fighting naked.)
[x] If all else fails, Crush the youkai WITH YOUR MIND.

Works.
>> No. 95532
>>95529
Oh, I forgot to add this:
[X] Watch the FUCK out for the hidden ace Cirno.

Last time I checked, neither Rumia nor Mystia had control over cold breezes.
>> No. 95533
>>95532
http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Article_and_Interview:_Rumia

>"Because the sunlight is all hot in the summer and I don't like it. By avoiding sunlight like this, I can get past the heat too. If I'm surrounded by darkness, it's always summer night. Summer nights feel really good, you know?"
>> No. 95534
>Remilia is... scolding Flandre, for something? As you get closer, you also hear that they're speaking in French again, thus you have no idea what the actually topic of conversation could have been.
Again? FUCK FRANCE.
Y'know, we should try to concentrate on French words someday. Either we suddenly understand them or we get the most hilarious bad end ever as our head suddenly, and for no apparent reason, explodes.
>> No. 95536
[X] Try to reason with Mystia.
-{X} Remind her gently of the promise you two made.
--(X) "I was looking forward to it, too. I haven't met anyone else who had an interest in playing music."
[X] If all else fails, try to make Rumia's clothing explode, and escape in the chaos.

At the very least, delicious nude Rumia.
>> No. 95537
By the way, I'd like to mention that crushing them is probably an awful idea, both by the nature of Gensokyo, and by the nature of this program. I find it hard to believe that Yukari won't find out, and if we're the one who ends up killing someone, even if the death is temporary, I can't imagine our punishment will be remotely lenient.
>> No. 95541
[x] Remind the girls that the Scarlets will splatter them across the playground if anything happens to you.
[x] Challenge Rumia to a spell duel!
[x] Hold Shift for focused movement.
By the way, has anyone considered that Flandre might've already told Remilia what she did to us?
>> No. 95542
>>95541

Hence why it's last resort in self-defense. I don't think Rumia or Mystia are supposed to eat the token normal guy either.
>> No. 95543
[x] Try to reason with Mystia.
-{x} Remind her of the promise you two made.
[x] Challenge Rumia to a spell duel!
[x] Next to last resort: Pervert Sign: Exploding clothes (They'd have to be really persistant to try fighting naked.)

Well, shit, fuck you Rumia.
>> No. 95544
>>95537
>By the way, I'd like to mention that crushing them is probably an awful idea
I agree. Therefore:
>[] Crush the youkai('s clothes) WITH YOUR MIND.
>> No. 95548
Nobody said the CRUSH idea would even work, mind you. We've known how to do shit with our mind for how long, under a week? So far, the only things we've managed to blow up were fragile items. Youkai are likely to be far less fragile.

Let's not think too highly of ourselves, now.
>> No. 95549
>>95542
Keep in mind that Rumia isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed. Killing us would effectively be suicide by proxy.

[x] Try to reason with Mystia.
-{x} Remind her of the promise you two made.
[x] Challenge Rumia to a spell duel!
[x] Next to last resort: Pervert Sign: Exploding clothes (They'd have to be really persistant to try fighting naked.)
[x] If all else fails, Crush the youkai WITH YOUR MIND.
>> No. 95553
>>95542

The problem is that we're setting ourselves up. We don't know what the circumstances will be if the time comes that any of our other actions fail, and it could be that all we need to do after the spell card duel failing, for example, is stall for time. We're confining ourselves to a very dangerous course of action for absolutely no reason.

It would be a better idea to hold off on the more dangerous ideas like that until we have an immediate need to make the decision.
>> No. 95554
As I said in the previous thread, getting killed happens immediately, not twenty posts after the fatal choice.
>> No. 95555
>>95553
It won't come to that anyway. Everything seems to indicate that Mystia will help us if we ask. Even if she doesn't, she'll stay out of the way and we can Danmaku with Rumia.
No matter the result, the battle will last long enough for someone else to find us. (Why the hell am I using the first-person-plural if I´m talking about a single CYOA character anyway?)
>> No. 95556
>>95554
I see
Our choice is bad and we should feel bad. At least make it a short post when we get killed, save yourself from writing 20.000 lines about it.
>> No. 95557
File 125382696374.jpg - (123.51KB , 450x521 , feac741cac4c80bd39d56fd7ef868b93.jpg ) [iqdb]
95557
[x] Try to reason with Mystia.
-{x} Remind her of the promise you two made.
>> No. 95559
>[x] Challenge Rumia to a spell duel!
>Some stuff in case we lose!

Now, I'm not positive on exactly how the spellcard rules work, but I am quite certain that the loser is required to do whatever the winner asks, which is why Remilia folded and removed the red mist and all the other stuff. I don't know how that applies to eating humans, since I think Akyu said that the natives are safe from being eaten with the spellcard rules, or something (despite the occasional comment about eating Marisa or Reimu), but I'm quite certain that we aren't allowed to be a little bitch and attack them again immediately after we lose.

>...but still!? She looks a little hesitant to do this... doesn't she? It's not just your imagination, is it?
It's probably not the best option, but it's certainly better than trying to fight both of them at once (spellcard "duels" aren't always duels, see Prismrivers and Eirin's last spell), and running away from Mystia is suicidal.

[x] Try to reason with Mystia.
-{x} Remind her of the promise you two made.
Do we have any knowledge that Rumia and Mystia really aren't supposed to be eating us? If so, throw that into the reasoning.
>> No. 95561
[x] Try to reason with Mystia.
-{x} Remind her of the promise you two made.
[x] If that doesn't work, challenge them to s spell card duel.
[x] MIND CRUSH as a last resort.
>> No. 95563
[x] Try to reason with Mystia.
-{x} Remind her of the promise you two made.
[x] Next to last resort: Pervert Sign: Exploding clothes (They'd have to be really persistant to try fighting naked.)
[X]Last resort: Fuck it, challenge Rumia to a spell duel!
No way she is going to be even remotely as hard as Patchy, we should at least be able dodge her shots.
>> No. 95566
>counter-votes

Taisa...please, tell me you didn't really count them. "Counter-voting" is the most stupid thing ever. You can't cancel a vote with another vote; if you don't want something to win, vote for something else.
>> No. 95567
[x] Try to reason with Mystia.
-{x} Remind her of the promise you two made.
[X]Last resort: Fuck it, challenge Rumia to a spell duel!
>> No. 95570
>>95566
>>95566
I didn't really count them because it wouldn't have mattered, the amount of votes for what they were 'countering' was far too little to begin with.

Though, since the original vote was a write-in, doesn't "Yeah, don't do that" count as a perfectly legit write-in vote in its own right as well?

Just wondering what your views are.
>> No. 95571
File 125382916811.jpg - (140.17KB , 819x612 , 125184587690.jpg ) [iqdb]
95571
>>95559
Not really. The natives just have a chance to fight back with the spellcard rules, nothing else.
As you know, the loser is forced to comply with the previously established deal (Which usually is 'flee and don't come back' for Youkai, and 'Stay still and die' for Humans) That much is clear. What I don't know is what complies them to obey. It might be a magical contract, bad karma (not bad luck, it means that you'll go to hell and not reincarnate ever again after dying) or just the fear of having the wrath of the Shrine Maiden unleashed upon yourself.

However, Jin doesn't know that, so he might as well plan ahead. If the alternative is dead he'll surely try and screw the rules, no? I'm sure that Shiki will understand.
>> No. 95572
>>95571
>'Stay still and die' for Humans

Wrong. Straight from the spell card rules:
>If victorious against a human, you may not kill them.

>It might be a magical contract

It is.
>Although the shrine maiden decided on these rules, the original draft is written on the same paper as the youkai's contract.

Go read the spell card rules.
http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Perfect_Memento:_Draft_of_Spell_Card_Rules
>> No. 95573
>>95571
Simply because the compliance is apparently absolute, I doubt he'd get a chance to do anything even if he wanted to "screw the rules". So why vote for something that can't possibly happen?
>> No. 95574
>>95523
[X] Try to reason them: "Look, I know we've had our differences, but this is really getting too hostile. Honestly, why don't we go somewhere and enjoy some tea. I know this lovely little OH MY GOD WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"
[X] Terrified visage, pointing, screaming, etc.
[X] Run!
>> No. 95576
[X] "You know, you're right. The first time I got away was because of my friends. The second time I got away because I caught you off-guard. But do you want to know why I'm going to get away this time? This."
[X] Focus on Rumia. Imagine her and her stupid darkness ball in the palm of your hand...then squeeze it shut.

Yippie-kyu-aye, motherfucker.
>> No. 95578
>Remilia completely avoided clean-up duty today.
>Keine had asked you to lock up after you were done, since you'd be the last one left in the building
what the hell are they thinking, leaving us defenseless like this?
>> No. 95579
>>95578
Well, we didn't really tell either of them about Rumia trying to get us the second time, did we?
For all they know, perhaps they thought she had given up.

Considering how close Flandre was to snapping over just one incident, perhaps Remilia thought Rumia wouldn't be stupid enough to try something against us after that.
And Keine...okay, that I have no idea. What the hell is she thinking?!
>> No. 95580
>>[ ] Crush the youkai/clothes WITH YOUR MIND.

Rumia's just a low-tier youkai; she really would be little more than a red smear. I don't really trust our control enough to specifically target her clothes, either.

That said, really can't think of a better alternative. So I'll stick with leaving it as a last line of defense. It's not like we can outrun them.

[x] Try to reason with Mystia.
-{x} Remind her of the promise you two made.
[x] Challenge Rumia to a spell duel!
[x] Next to last resort: Pervert Sign: Exploding clothes (They'd have to be really persistant to try fighting naked.)
[x] If all else fails, crush the youkai WITH YOUR MIND.

Also: Mystia ;_;
>> No. 95581
[x] Try to reason with Mystia.
-{x} Remind her of the promise you two made.
[x] Next to last resort: Pervert Sign: Exploding clothes (They'd have to be really persistant to try fighting naked.)
[X]Last resort: Fuck it, challenge Rumia to a spell duel!
>> No. 95582
>>(X) "I was looking forward to it, too. I haven't met anyone else who had an interest in playing music."

Prismrivers.
>> No. 95583
>>It's not like we can outrun them.
Not with them flying, no.
Of course, even if we could, we wouldn't be able to get far with both of them fucking up our vision.
>> No. 95584
>>95580
>Rumia's just a low-tier youkai; she really would be little more than a red smear
No, a low-tier youkai is the stage fodder that can't even take a second hit from the weakest shot type. Rumia is a boss, and she even gets dialogue. She is probably in the top 1% of youkai in Gensokyo. Just because someone like Reimu or Flandre could crush her doesn't mean she couldn't do the same to an outsider human. She's probably stronger than a native human, and they are significantly more able against youkai than someone like Jin.
>> No. 95588
>>95584

Rephrase: she's a low-tier touhou.

>>She's probably stronger than a native human, and they are significantly more able against youkai than someone like Jin.

Jin broke one of Patchouli's spellcards in one shot. Given, there were candles and whatnot to soften the mental backlash, but that still puts Jin far beyond the level of even a "strong" youkai like Rumia, let alone a regular human.
So, yeah, red smear.
>> No. 95589
>>95588

I dunno if he's THAT powerful, since it's not known how back of a backlash that invoking that "Mind crush" would inflict in a normal setting. But I think he could hang with Rumia in a spell card duel.
>> No. 95590
>>95589

Well, the precautions taken in the library were to ease the stress, not increase his power. Not as far as we know, at least. Besides, even a fraction of that kind of power would be enough for Rumia, I think.
Also, WORLD CRUSH, etc.
I do hope that this can be resolved with danmaku, though.
>> No. 95592
>>95590

I meant backlash on him! Since early on it seems trying an ability of his ends up causing nosebleeds. But I realize during the misadventures of Komachi's exploding swimsuit (it really didn't need much help), that he did so without backlash.

On that note, She must have had a hard time covering herself.
>> No. 95594
File 125383921452.jpg - (11.50KB , 399x288 , shiki[3].jpg ) [iqdb]
95594
>>95592
So, we have a potential Shiki in our hands? With the power to MINDCRUSH anything but with the backlash acting as a limtator?
>> No. 95595
>>the misadventures of Komachi's exploding swimsuit

You know, during that little bit, my mind was less on the awesome implications of being able to explode clothing at will (and really, it IS awesome) and more focused on wonder just why the hell Shikieiki is part of the class, too.

I mean, Komachi I can see failing the first time out due to being Komachi, but her boss?
Granted, she could just have started attending to make sure Komachi doesn't screw up this time, but it's still interesting to wonder about.
>> No. 95596
File 125384137662.jpg - (155.02KB , 1024x768 , 7cfeeecf2fc434703f4e4aafd212d99d.jpg ) [iqdb]
95596
Say, didn't Patchy gave us a Library Card that acts as a Scroll of Teleportation?

Pic unrelated.
>> No. 95599
>>95596
Yes. However, she also made it quite clear that she would rather we not use it unless absolutely necessary, due to the cost and difficulty in making just one of them. So, if we use it now we shouldn't count on getting another anytime soon.

Considering she could just as easily come after us again in the next couple of days, well before we have a chance to further train our abilities, we probably won't be any better equipped to confront her then as we would be right now.

Besides that, while using the card now might get us out of THIS particular mess, it might be at the cost of landing us in an entirely new one.
Unless, of course, you think nobody (Patchy aside) might be a tad curious as to how we just appeared in the mansion out of nowhere.
>> No. 95600
>>95595

Good question, since she strikes me as someone who doesn't need to go to school... but it is most likely just making sure Komachi passes the course.

Then again the whole thing seems unusual, such as trying to make Mokou go (which is obviously failing since she keeps on ditching)

But a change of subject, I think it's clear that the biggest obstacle to Flan's social progress is no other than her sister.
>> No. 95601
>Sakuya bringing us food in the rain

I am so saddened this isn't Sakuya route.

[x]Just like you the time you fought Patchouli, but this time without hesitation.
[x]Crush the youkai (Rumia) WITH YOUR MIND

I wanna see Jin go all out.
>> No. 95603
File 125384482968.jpg - (257.26KB , 530x600 , 11292097dfbbfc93bc379c5e7fbbb03d.jpg ) [iqdb]
95603
>>95601
It still can be, goddammit. NEVER SURRENDER
>> No. 95604
>>95600
I dunno, Remilia seems like she's at least TRYING to help.
After all, she's the one who brought Jin and Flan together in the first place, and she's almost certainly the one who got Flandre to directly ask to sit next to us in class. Judging by her reaction after Flandre backed down from offering to taking us to the infirmary, she was probably disappointed that Flandre had not asserted herself like she had appeared she was going to.

I think she truly does want her sister to open up more in public. It's just that Remilia's own naturally domineering personality tends to overshadow Flandre's.

The whole "nobility" thing, which likely has conditioned her to place a great deal of importance on appearances probably doesn't help matters. Not when a mentally-unstable sister is part of the equation. Even Keine had explained that Flandre was basically on thin ice from the get-go, and her place in school was only due to Remilia's assurance that there would be no "outbursts" like we almost saw happen the first time with Rumia.

...of course, Remilia didn't exactly help matters by keeping her locked away in the basement for all those years, rather than trying to help her sister learn how to control herself and her powers better. It's probably that lack of learning self-control that led to her instinctively biting Jin on the neck, for example.
>> No. 95605
Do we even have a spell card to use in a danmaku duel? Did ours get used up/broken during our spar with Patchouli? Or do spell cards just get put on cooldown or something to that effect? Also would like to mention that the damage we dealt Patchouli might be less to do with our power and more of whatever shes suffering from to begin with. I hope we aren't overestimating our magical might in terms of youkai crushing power. Clothing destruction is fine and all but Cirno wasn't bothered at all about changing clothes in front of us. Maybe this will work?

[x] Challenge Mystia to a spell duel! *wink wink*
-[x] "I heard you need guitar lessons. Well then... If I lose I'll teach you guitar! If I win, you let me go!"
>> No. 95606
>>95427 here
Fuck yes, I am a one-man majority. Let me suck your cock, Taisa.

[x] Try to reason with Mystia.
-{x} Remind her of the promise you two made.
[x] Challenge Rumia to a spell duel!
[x] Next to last resort: Pervert Sign: Exploding clothes (They'd have to be really persistent to try fighting naked.)

Jin's powers are too dangerous and probably pretty unreliable at the moment. I'm sure we'll get out of this without needing to even consider exploding Rumia into tiny bite-sized chunks. The aftermath would be much worse than a single bad end.
>> No. 95607
>>95604

I can imagine she means well but has no idea how her personality and scolding is actually working against that.

>>95606

Hence the last option as a ABSOLUTE last resort. The ideal plan is to Talk Mystia out of attacking us and then beating Rumia in a spell duel.

>>95603

Remarks like that will only galvanize the Flandre fans. But if not for the rare chance of a Flan route, I think everyone would be aboard the Sakuya express. (Isn't it sad, Patchy, Meiling, and Koakuma?)
>> No. 95608
[x] Try to reason with Mystia.
-{x} Remind her of the promise you two made.
[x] Challenge Rumia to a spell duel!
[x] Next to last resort: Pervert Sign: Exploding clothes (They'd have to be really persistant to try fighting naked.)
[x] If all else fails, crush the youkai WITH YOUR MIND.
>> No. 95610
I'm wondering something.
Rumia said that this matter has become personal, meaning that getting driven off from us not once but twice has delivered something of a blow to her pride.
I don't suppose pointing out the cowardice in bringing an unrelated party like Mystia into this dispute would accomplish anything other than pissing her off, would it?

I mean, really. I can understand her failure the first time, but the second? All Jin did was STARTLE her, and that was enough to send her packing. Just how badly does she have to suck to have to bring a friend along after something like that? Is she afraid the big bad scary human might go "BOO" again?
>> No. 95611
File 125385039754.jpg - (4.32KB , 107x126 , 1253757466805.jpg ) [iqdb]
95611
>>95604
Am I the only one who considered the possibility that Remilia is using her sister as a way to make friends the 'normal' way? Of course, the fact that she was so adamant regarding hiding the magic from Gensokyo to Jin only adds to this theory.
>> No. 95613
File 12538505291.jpg - (90.01KB , 503x650 , patchy058.jpg ) [iqdb]
95613
>>95596
>Wriggle in a wet school swimsuit

... I'll be in my bunk.
>> No. 95614
>>95610

Honestly, I feel like one of the best tactics to apply to continued encounters with Rumia would be to throw a bunch of High School Logic at her, and imply that her insistence on pursuing us is probably because she has a crush on us. Then just tease her about it, constantly.
>> No. 95615
>>95611
Hm, I don't quite think so.
Remilia is far more charismatic and sociable than Flandre is, and so shouldn't have any problem making friends in a more "normal" fashion, certainly not to the point where she would have to use her sister as a vehicle to do so.

If anything would be a hindrance, aside from her own attitude, it would be the stigma attached to being a vampire. Something that isn't an issue if you don't KNOW she's a vampire.

If there's anything Remilia is using as a means to make friends (or, more accurately, a friend) I would think it would be that potential friend's ignorance to what she is. Just as she was using it to help get Jin to be friends with Flandre, she's probably enjoying it for much the same reason.

It makes me wonder how things will work out once this mutual deception ends. I mean, normally someone might be at least a little irked to find out they had basically been tricked into becoming friends with a mentally-unstable being with superhuman strength and the power to make anything die in a horribly messy fashion.
Yet that Jin not only continued being friends with them even after that revelation, but willingly slept in the same bed as said mentally-unstable walking Instagib machine just because it made her happy, and had absolutely no bad feelings towards her when she bit him.

To say nothing about his ability to remain on pretty good terms with Remilia despite her almost killing him once, and seeing just how she had been treating her own sister in the past.

Assuming Remilia gets over her anger over being disobeyed, and so on, perhaps she'll realize what I think Sakuya already has. Namely, that Jin's a keeper.
>> No. 95616
>>95524
Add [x] Crush Rumia's clothing with your mind here.
>> No. 95618
File 125385688145.png - (24.26KB , 100x100 , 1252413619652.png ) [iqdb]
95618
>>95615
Yeah if you put it that way... Jin is quite awesome, isn't he?
>> No. 95619
File 125385704973.jpg - (86.56KB , 1024x768 , EX Rumia vs Flandre.jpg ) [iqdb]
95619
>[x] Next to last resort: Pervert Sign: Exploding clothes (They'd have to be really persistent to try fighting naked.)

Ugh, just no. Take your shirt in two hands and try to pull it apart. I assure you that no matter how flimsy the cotton your K-mart brand tee with the dragon on it is woven out of, the tensive force required rip apart an the textile is considerably higher than the tensive force required to shatter a light bulb, and many orders of magnitude higher than the compressive force required. Even if you could do this, consider that you'll be blacking out in front of an embarassed and enraged Rumia and Mystia who now thinks you're telekinetically-powered pervert.

If you're going to attack her, then attack her. Go for something that causes the most amount of pain and distress, for the least amount of physical work (which is what telekinesis is, work at a distance, and in our case it's extraordinarily inefficient). Focus on one of her eyes, for example: It's basically veiny jello with a film over it. You could also probably pull out a chuck of her hair.

Even a mild display is enough to give her pause. Rumia has a very simple mindset. She wants to eat us because we're human. Hell, she asked Reimu if she was human before attacking her, but get this puts the idea in her head that we may not be exactly that.

Humiliating her, or attempting to, is going to exacerbate things. She may not even care so long as she gets a meal.

[x] "You brought backup with you, against a lone human? Regardless, it was the smart thing to do."
[x] Unwrap your scarf and show off the bite marks.
[x] "Now Rumia, I'm flattered that you seem to be infatuated with me, but you should know Flandre Scarlet is a very possessive girl. If I got hurt, she will know it was you know did who did it, and then she will come after you. She'll even come after you too, Mystia, just for being there and doing nothing, after she extracts everything out of Rumia--you just wouldn't believe the devices they store in their dungeon! Oh, and if you think crying to one of the stronger, smarter youkai would save you, then let me relay some wisdom I've learned from being with those who know her the most: If Flandre Scarlet thinks she is truly justified in doing something, then there's not a damn thing you, her sister, or Keine, or anyone else can do to stop her."
[x] All while speaking to her, focus on Rumia's eyes. Imagine the muscle tissue around them, which exerts pressure on the eye to move, focus, and blink. Squeeze and continue squeezing, but let go before you faint. Just sit down if you're feeling weak, as you need to maintain the illusion of control here.
[x] If Mystia is taken in by the act, but still looks combative, tell her that you won't fight her, as your father once said: "It is a sin to kill a mockingbird."

You guys wanted a way to let the cat out of the bag, so we can stop this playing-dumb schtick? We'll have a quite intimidate and possibly blinded Rumia who thinks we can "kyuu" like Flandre can, presumably as a result of vampirization, and that we're therefore no longer food. Mystia tells the entire school, and suddenly everyone is stepping aside in the hall next time they run into you. No more Rumia encounters; they only challenges you'll get are those expressly in the form of a spellcard duel.

Remilia finds out on her own of course, giving her time to simmer down and confront us in traditional WHAT IS A MAN-style vampire theatrics, instead of slamming us into walls first and asking questions later. In fact, rather than becoming furious or violent, she will be relieved when we reveal that Patchouli had been training us in telekinesis from the start, and that the bite did not confer vampirism. It'll inflate her ego to think she's suddenly in on this big secret, which give her a chance to grab even more public attention for herself. Finally, now have a post hoc explanation for the bite itself: It was actually planned as a deception against youkai like Rumia. You didn't show her because you didn't want to risk blowing it before all the cards were in place.
>> No. 95621
>>95576
I don't think this will work, but man, I really like your way of thinking.

Unless you're J2E, in which case, I feel dirty and cheapened for liking your vote.
>> No. 95622
>>95619
Really sort of like this idea, but it may not be the best idea to show off the bite marks.

Eye-squeezing sounds like a great idea, though.
>> No. 95625
[x] Try to reason with Mystia.
-{x} Remind her of the promise you two made.
[x] Challenge Rumia to a spell duel!
[x] Next to last resort: Pervert Sign: Exploding clothes (They'd have to be really persistant to try fighting naked.)
[x] If all else fails, Crush the youkai WITH YOUR MIND.
>> No. 95626
>>Unless you're J2E, in which case, I feel dirty and cheapened for liking your vote.

Don't worry, I'm not.

>>No. Anon writes the Fallout story if authorship matters to you that much.

I am not that Anon, sadly.
I do write something, but not that.
>> No. 95627
File 125386093170.jpg - (74.09KB , 575x431 , 07ac81eeddcf1ecebf6fb24438113cb8.jpg ) [iqdb]
95627
>>Rumia has a very simple mindset. She wants to eat us because we're human. Hell, she asked Reimu if she was human before attacking her, but get this puts the idea in her head that we may not be exactly that.

I don't think it's quite like that for her at this point. As she said, she may have been after us for food at FIRST, after two botched attempts I think she's just gone "to hell with eating him, I just want him DEAD".

Plus, the way that she's been adjusting her tactics each time shows she's not all that simple-minded, and it would be unwise to underestimate her.

In short, the longer this little feud with her goes on, the more dangerous an enemy she is likely to become. She's already added onto her method of waiting for us to be alone before striking by bringing backup and making a point of limiting our vision right off the bat. Who knows what new trick she'd bring out if there's a fourth time?

If we're going to get her to give up, then either we make her bound to stop due to a Spell Card Duel, or we drive her off by sheer force.

"Shockingly-excessive force is the best deterrent."
>> No. 95630
[x] Try to reason with Mystia.
-{x} Remind her of the promise you two made.
[x] Challenge Rumia to a spell duel!
[x] Next to last resort: Pervert Sign: Exploding clothes (They'd have to be really persistant to try fighting naked.)
[T] Last resort: pop her eyes out.

If Mystia has a heart she will defend us or at least run away.
>Even if we kill Rumia, we can't be convicted. It was self-defense and our power is not stable.
>> No. 95632
[x] >>95619
>> No. 95633
>>If Mystia has a heart she will defend us or at least run away.

Or she could have, you know, not gone along with her friend's little ploy to kill the new guy.

...the new guy who, by now, is well-known to be good friends with two of the deadliest members of the student body.

Though Mystia's behavior earlier is now more understandable, and indication she might not feel entirely GOOD about what she's doing, the fact that she's still going along with it leads me to believe that either neither of them have thought this little plan all the way through to the potential consequences, or they're actually convinced they can get away with it.

Neither really speaks well for Mystia's character or judgment, I think.
>> No. 95634
File 125386763494.jpg - (287.81KB , 1024x768 , 1253557591517.jpg ) [iqdb]
95634
Jesus christ, some 60 - 70 posts for one update! It's like i am back in SDM LA.
>> No. 95636
>>95619

you forgot how we exploded Komachi's school swimsuit? (despite the jokes, school swimsuits are made pretty well) And we did so without much strain.

Also sometimes less is more when it comes to write ins, and our goal is not to use excessive force unless absolutely necessary.
>> No. 95639
>>95634
...except my updates are depressingly infrequent in comparison, at only one per day on average.

This is exactly what drove me to my brief experimentation with shorter-but-faster updates in the previous thread.

I used to be able to squeeze out two per day on average back in summer. ;_;
>> No. 95640
File 12538812155.jpg - (833.60KB , 1075x788 , double.jpg ) [iqdb]
95640
[x] Pervert Sign: Sexy Party. Explode Rumia's clothes, Mystia's clothes, and your own clothes as well - save for the hat.
[x] Shake those hips.
>> No. 95643
File 125388348296.jpg - (333.78KB , 715x1000 , df7857707cb516fefc4258bd8445a821.jpg ) [iqdb]
95643
>>95639
the question is, why can't you update more if you really want to update more?
>> No. 95644
>>95643
See
>>95501

I'm just too damn physically tired lately. It's only 4PM right now and I've barely got the energy to blink.

It's like I'm really turning into HY.
>> No. 95645
File 125388398962.jpg - (762.47KB , 1000x680 , df805b1a994f2334518d0e40f51f2679.jpg ) [iqdb]
95645
>>95644
>It's like I'm really turning into HY.
Okay, now that is not funny at all. You really don't want to go there man, you don't want this.

REMILIA COMMANDS YOU TO START WRITING AND STOP COMPLAINING.
>> No. 95647
File 125388478949.jpg - (141.66KB , 1374x1142 , 125311737762.jpg ) [iqdb]
95647
>>95644

What's your time zone, its 9:17 AM here...

Also as for lethargy, have you been eating well? Trouble sleeping? Diet possibly influencing your sleeping habits? Or is it more of a psychological issue such as depression or outside stress; including here with anon harping for updates for you..?

Just try making some adjustments and eventually you should feel better soon enough...
>> No. 95648
File 125388554084.jpg - (77.39KB , 746x865 , 1251686520839.jpg ) [iqdb]
95648
>>95647
He needs sex or start to fap a few times a day.
>> No. 95649
File 125388554256.jpg - (513.81KB , 1280x1024 , 976380.jpg ) [iqdb]
95649
Does exploding clothes include hair ornaments too? I know it's not canon or anything, but you really wanna take that risk?
>> No. 95650
>>95647
GMT +2, I'm Estonian. This also excuses me from any particularly awful crimes against proper English grammar, I'd hope - you know, not being a native speaker and all.

>>95645
>REMILIA COMMANDS YOU TO START WRITING
Yes, milady.
>> No. 95651
>>95650

We all make mistakes regardless; It's not as if you blatantly post hilariously bad Engrish. If it makes you feel better, you Taisa have a better grasp at the English language than compared to those that actually live within predominately English-speaking countries. (elitist language snob here fnar fnar)

tl;dr - You write the English language just as good as many writefags here do. Just do your very best and as always, imo, you should enjoy writing as much as we enjoy reading your prose.

I use "as" too much lol...
>> No. 95652
>>95651
>(elitist language snob here fnar fnar)
>You write the English language just as good as many writefags here do.
>You write just as good as many writefags here do.
>You write just as good

I believe you mean "well."

Sorry, man. I had to take the shot, I had to.
>> No. 95654
File 125388915386.png - (1.54KB , 84x84 , madduckl.png ) [iqdb]
95654
>>95652

I did say we all make mistakes regardless
>> No. 95658
File 125389163899.jpg - (333.62KB , 1280x960 , d4364d3461f3dacda526b30ca8b7e9df.jpg ) [iqdb]
95658
For future reference, when a write-in takes the protagonist's actions further into the future than the next update would reach, I reserve the right to either disregard the vote(s) in question or shelve them for later use.

I hope you don't mind. Also, apologies for the shortness, I promise another one a bit later.

----------

Well, shit, things certainly aren't looking too favorable for you this time, now are they? While there's a small chance you could shake off Rumia once again, you couldn't possibly hope to escape both Rumia -and- Mystia; add to that the fact that you can barely see a thing, and you're pretty much fucked. Unless...

"Mystia!" You shout out to the winged girl, startling her with surprise, though she quickly regains her composure, as well as her menacing, toothy grin; still, she's listening.
"Mysty. You know, if you two kill me now, I won't be able to keep that promise we made." She twitches lightly, lower lip trembling just a bit, and the bloodlust in her eyes fades noticeably; her hands are shaking, too.
"You still want me to teach you, right?" You do your best to smile at her, not made easy by the stressful, life-threatening situation you're in right now. It seems to be working, though - what determination there was in her before has all but been shattered, her wings and ears drooping downwards, her gaze fixed on a nonspecific point on the ground. Rumia, however, is less than amused by the sudden shift in atmosphere.

"Promise? Teach? Wait, back the hell up... 'Mysty'!? When the HELL did you get so close all of a sudden, huh!?" The blonde little demon seems utterly outraged, glaring at her friend as if she had committed some sort of unforgivable betrayal worthy of Judas Iscariot.

"...I'm sorry, Rumia. I can't help you do this." And with that, Mystia flaps her wings and takes off, flying into the distance; as both an utterly frustrated Rumia and yourself look after her, you hear (but don't see, obviously) her snap her fingers, and - your vision clears. Not completely, with black shadows seeping out of Rumia at an alarming rate as she's boiling over with rage, but you can at least make out your surroundings. Suddenly, the pint-sized man-eater before you pulls her head down between her shoulders, chuckling ominously.

"Huhuhu... Doesn't matter." As she gradually turns around, you can see the inhumanly wide grin spread across her face once again, eyes wide and pupils dilated as she eyes you like a wild animal ready to pounce.
"I don't need her help. I don't need anyone's help! You're just a human, after all... You're just food, waiting to be torn apart, waiting for me to rip your guts out and let them slowly slide down my throat... Mmm, did you have anything tasty for lunch today? Because, I think I'll start by eating your stomach~" Having said this, she lunges for you, a bloodthirsty laughter sounding through the air as she gets ready to eviscerate you with one brutal swipe; time seems to slow down as you focus your panicked mind, coming to the one logical course of action to take in this situation, if you want to have the slightest chance at survival.

"Wait! I, uh... declare a spell duel!" Though the confidence in your voice is a little shaky, Rumia stops in her tracks, and you can both feel some sort of phantasmal gust of wind enveloping you, the unseen border of the duel forming around you in the shape of a circle you can just 'sense' to be there. Though she seems utterly dumbfounded for a second or two, she suddenly bursts into further fits of laughter.

"Ahaha... Bwahahahaha! Oh, oh, you're even dumber than you look, aren't you? YOU, challenging ME to a duel? Is that so!? Do you know who I am? DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?" She spreads her arms to her sides, her body forming a cross shape as Japanese symbols form above and below her. Looks like Patchouli was right - youkai are compelled to accept the challenges of humans.

Hungry Youkai
RUMIA


Well, that's... simple and straightforward. Kind of like herself, no? Considering just how full of herself she seemed to be, you were expecting something a bit more pretentious and dark-sounding, like 'Youkai of Dusk' or something. No matter. What was she saying, again?

"I was the first youkai in Gensokyo to have fought using spell duel rules. I've had -loooots- of practice since then... I've got you beat through sheer experience!" Well... crap. That's quite the advantage there, assuming she's not bluffing. No matter though - too late to back out now, right? All you can do is declare your own name and title, and...

"...Snrk. Pfft. Hahaha!" Okay, sure, your title -would- strike her as amusing, but does she really have to point at it, too? Maybe it'll fool her into underestimating you, though. Her eyes skim downwards to where your name should be, and she blinks in surprise.
"Huh... Jin? But I thought your name was... Bah, doesn't matter! You'll be known as 'dinner' after this duel is over!" Now that your names have been declared, it's time to get this show on the road... Attacker goes first, right? In this case, though you're the one that initiated the duel, that would still be Rumia, wouldn't it? Yep, you're right; a brightly shining card appears in her hand, hovering into the air as she releases it with a wicked fanged smirk on her face, dissipating into a million pieces; here it comes, whatever it is.

Moon Sign 「Moonlight Ray」

Okay, a freaking youkai of darkness shooting BRIGHT BEAMS OF LIGHT at you wasn't really something you could ever have expected; the two beams blast right past you, one to the left of you, the other to the right, trapping you in a narrow corridor between them as they pull closer to each other, before stopping. Huh, was that it? No, the manic grin on the blonde little girl's face tells you there's more to expect; those bright red eyes narrow just slightly, before a barrage of bullets spreads out in all directions. Oh shit oh shit oh shi-...

Hum. Well, this is much easier than anything Patchouli ever threw at you; the bullets are rather widely spaced, and you don't even have to worry about the ones outside of the laser border, right? Carefully following her motions to stay within the border, you weave between the bullets; not quite that easy when you can't fly, but you're not getting hit - that's the most important part.

"Ahaha!? What's this? You can't even fly, can you? And you still challenged me? It's as if you WANT to get eaten! Ohh, I'm going to enjoy this!" That little loudmouth... Oh, wait, you're supposed to shoot her to break her spell, right? Projectiles, projectiles... Keeping the bullets in your peripheral vision, constantly sidestepping any that fly in your general direction, you point your hand at Rumia, focusing, thinking... Mind bullets, mind bullets.
Whoa. The feeling not that different from when you were creating your first spellcard, but you don't feel like you're channeling it this time; on the contrary, you can fire the projectiles at her as you please. Your aim is a little off, not made easier by the fact that you're avoiding brightly glowing bullets flying past you, but you're keeping up a more-or-less steady stream of damage on her protective barrier. The mental backlash from causing Komachi's clothes to explode earlier today (don't think about that at a time like this) gradually begins to catch up with you, a spike of pain jolting through your brain, your thoughts beginning to slow down; however, if what Patchouli said was true...

"Eh? What the-..." A sudden crashing sound tears through the area, and the projectiles surrounding you transform into a familiar green mist, instantly enveloping you, refreshing your mind as you absorb it. After inhaling deeply and feeling mighty good about yourself, you flash a brilliant grin in the youkai girl's direction, who still seems to be recovering from the spell break, rubbing her head with a scowl on her face.

"Psh, don't get too smug! There's no way you could win, you know~" She giggles into her palm, staring at you with ravenous eyes, almost drooling with anticipation.
"You're just a human, after all... An outsider, a kid! You probably don't even have any spellcards, do you?"

"Hmph." You're not even going to dignify the little wretch with a response. Reaching into the back of your mind, you tug on a familiar sensation, pulling it out, projecting it into reality...
A bright white card shape materializes in your hand, and you release it into the air, where it rotates by itself for a moment before dissipating.

Shading Technique 「Cross-Hatching」

"Oho? This should be... interesting!" Rumia seems more delighted than intimidated by your ability to cast your own spellcards; well, let's see if she can put her money where her mouth is. You can't help but smirk knowingly, watching her glance to the left and right in front of her in anticipation, leaving her rear unguarded...

"Eek!"

The lasers suddenly surging forth from behind her nearly hit her right away, just barely grazing her as she notices just in time, floating out of the way with a spooked expression on her face; the other stream of lasers follows quickly after, bullets splintering off from the parts where the two sets of lasers connect; Rumia manages to avoid them all without too much trouble, regaining her confidence and chuckling to herself in an amused manner.

"So sneaky of you! But you'll have to do better than that if you want to hit me!" Having said that, her face takes on that hungry, animalistic appearance yet again, and she fires a thin burst of projectiles in your direction; you focus on resisting, an invisible sphere closely surrounding you and absorbing the bullets that would've hit you... You've got to hold out as long as possible, maintain the card, hope she stumbles into the lingering projectiles once the duel area gets too densely packed with them...

...

"Wah! Grr..." She just narrowly avoids bumping into a bullet when avoiding yet another wave of lasers; her movements have become erratic and nervous, just barely managing to squeeze through a cloud of bullets with intersecting trajectories, eyes shifting left and right rapidly, yet she still maintains focused fire on you. Sure, most of the shots are missing at this point, but you're not sure how much longer you can maintain it. Just a little bit longer...

Alas, after the card has run its course for about thirty seconds, it abruptly fades, your focus breaking and Rumia absorbing the residue of what were once your projectiles, a satisfied and overly smug smirk spreading across that horribly cute face of hers.
"That was fun! Got any more?"

"Er... Sure." You try not to let her sense your suddenly wounded confidence, maintaining a firm stance, anticipating her next card. The brightly shining rectangular shape appears in her hand once again, and she holds it in front of her mouth, narrowing her eyes at you while giggling softly.

"Mmm... I'm going to enjoy chewing on your bones for a good week after I beat you. But, tell me, in the impossible scenario that you could actually defeat me, what would you want for your victory prize? I'm curious~"

"Well, not being eaten or killed would be a good choice, I'd think..."

"Ahahaha! But that's so boring! Not creative at all! Go on, surprise me; let's say we throw in me leaving you alive for free. What else would you want? Think of anything at all!"

"...Why are you asking this, all of a sudden?"

"Because it'll never happen! I want to see your hopes crushed when I defeat you, to savor the moment where you realize that you've lost, that I've won, that your time in this world has come to an end..! I want to remember the look on your face, forever~" Her voice is taking on a maniacal tone by now, those hungry eyes widening once again; she licks the edge of her spellcard in anticipation, waiting for your answer before declaring it.

Anything, huh...



[ ] (...)
>> No. 95659
Waiting for godly write in
>> No. 95660
>>95652
Sky's the limit, etc.

[X]"Not telling anyone what happened tonight, I would like to keep everything as non-magical as possible during school."
>> No. 95661
>>95660

I don't think she'd do that anyways; since it'd be admitting she lost. Her plans if she lost would be to lie about it saying "I changed my mind"
>> No. 95662
[Q] "Not telling anyone what happened tonight, I would like to keep everything as non-magical as possible during school."

[Q] "Forgiving Mystia, too."

Can't forget our friends~
>> No. 95663
[X] "Let's be friends?"
>> No. 95664
[X] "Let's be friends?"

Curiosity strikes.
>> No. 95665
>>95660 here

adding
[X] "Forgiving Mystia, too."
to my vote
>> No. 95667
File 12538963608.jpg - (276.22KB , 960x840 , 1521246.jpg ) [iqdb]
95667
>>95658
[X] Sexy time
Suddenly, Rumia route!

[X] "Join our book club."
[X] "Forgiving Mystia, too."
>> No. 95668
[X]Give up on trying to eat me, but more importantly forgive Mystia for bailing on your dirty plans.
[X] While we're at it, rather than reneging on the deal of not eating me, and I have this gut feeling you would, why don't we just become... friendly rivals..? At least this way you'll always have an opportunity to come and try beating me; right after I crush you HEAR AND NOW!
-[X]Think of something spontaneous for a new spellcard

cheesy dialogue is cheesy
>> No. 95669
[x] "I'd like you to model for me."

She may laugh it off, but lets see how long shes laughling while she hold her arms out to the sides without dropping them while we sketch... as a bonus, we will have sketched another touhou! Gotta sketch em all! Its also a trophy that will last. That or we can take that childish looking ribbon off her head...
>> No. 95673
[x] "First, please forgive Mystia, and if I win, I want us to start out on a clean slate so we can try to be friends, since I never had anything against you in the first place, just trying to survive."
>> No. 95674
[x] "I'd like you to model for me."
Gotta sketch 'em all.
[x] "Oh and, one more lil' thing: You have to swear that you will not attack and/or eat any human ever again"
Hungry Youkai my ass.
>> No. 95676
File 125389803913.jpg - (426.33KB , 1200x960 , 2416122.jpg ) [iqdb]
95676
Shouldn't we think of a new spellcard? I mean, it's our turn now. OR we could just create a random one, Nemo style, and hope for the best.

If we can select another one, then we should check the 7th thread, a lot of ideas were thrown there. That said, my vote (if applicable) goes to
>>94401
>> No. 95677
>>95676

Something reflect our... "interests" in aiding Mystia but more on our artistic abilities; music being one of them...

nice
>> No. 95678
>>95676
I was going to just pick the second most popular one from the 7th thread, but you can re-vote on those or create a brand new one if you wish.
>> No. 95679
[X] "You must call me onii-chan and act as if you were my cute little sister!"
>> No. 95680
[X] "I'd like you to model for me."

I like it. In fact, tack on a:

[X] "Nude."

We have to sketch a nude eventually, might as well obligate her to it.
>> No. 95681
>>95679

This is so goddamn bad that it has to be a Wiseman post.

[x] "Not telling anyone what happened tonight, I would like to keep everything as non-magical as possible during school."
[x] "Forgiving Mystia, too."
>> No. 95683
[x] "First, please forgive Mystia, and if I win, I want us to start out on a clean slate so we can try to be friends, since I never had anything against you in the first place, just trying to survive."
>> No. 95684
>>95680
Good idea. I'm sure that Remilia and Flandre won't mind.
>> No. 95686
[X] "I'd like you to model for me."
[X] "Nude."
>> No. 95687
[x] "I'd like you to model for me."
[X] "Let's be friends?"
[X] "Join our book club."
[X] "Forgiving Mystia, too."
>> No. 95688
>>95686

What the hell are you thinking? Are you trying to do suicide by Remilia?

Such a stunt would result in Rumia selling us out in the worse way.
>> No. 95689
>>95684

... why would we tell them? It's not like they need to know.
>> No. 95690
>>95689
There are bound to be other ways they could find out besides us telling them, you know.
>> No. 95691
[x] "I'd like you to model for me."
[x] 「Trace」 Rage Trilithon ©Patchouli Knowledge

Sounds like a cool way to use our artistic ability.
>> No. 95692
>>95689
>>95688

If we're lucky it's just one guy spam-voting...

somehow I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually different voters
>> No. 95693
>>95692

Given that I made the first vote, I can assure you that it's different people. But go ahead and whine about spamming when an option gets two votes, because it really makes you look sensible.
>> No. 95694
>>95693

I did say I wouldn't be surprised if it was the latter rather than the former. It's good though there's a lesser occurrences of spam-voting despite the choices being picked.

Ah well on with the show...

Update here or new thread; as we're getting kinda close right..?
>> No. 95695
Out of curiosity, if we win (not that we have a choice in the matter) she has to let us live.

The question is, is that just for NOW, or is she barred from making any further attempts on our life? For that matter, even if she can't try to kill and/or eat us at all anymore, what's to stop her from trying to cause trouble for us in some other fashion?

I wouldn't put it past her to want to keep trying to fuck us over, especially if she can't do what she really wants to do to us anymore.
>> No. 95696
[x] "Not telling anyone what happened tonight, I would like to keep everything as non-magical as possible during school."
[x] "Forgiving Mystia, too."
>> No. 95697
>>95691
This is probably not possible for someone with Jin's skills, but I'd really like to see him (or any other CYOA MC) copying other character´s spellcards.

「Trace」 And Then There Will Be None? ©Flandre Scarlet
>> No. 95698
[x] "Not telling anyone what happened tonight, I would like to keep everything as non-magical as possible during school."
[x] "Forgiving Mystia, too."

Hmmmmm
>> No. 95699
[0] "Not telling anyone what happened tonight, I would like to keep everything as non-magical as possible during school."
[1] "Forgiving Mystia, too."

Better than the modeling vote.
>> No. 95700
>>95697

Yeah, but you have to remember that that's partially Satori's territory, and most writers would probably be reluctant to encroach on it.
>> No. 95701
>>95700

Imitating one's spell card perhaps but how he obtains a copy is another. Then again simply "tracing" a card just seems... uninspiring considering Jin's artistic side..?

Plus what about Marisa..? She did technically copied some...
>> No. 95702
>>Then again simply "tracing" a card just seems... uninspiring considering Jin's artistic side..?

Ah, but didn't Picasso once say something along the lines of "a good artist borrows, a great artist steals"?

The thing about tracing, of course, is that you require the original to trace off of. Meaning, if we can copy spellcards, it can really only be ones we've seen personally.
Suffice to say, we don't exactly have much of a pool to work off of, just yet.
>> No. 95704
We are nearly at autosage. I guess we need a new thread soon for the update.
>> No. 95705
>>95702
Of course, of course; I don't pretend that Jin takes spellcards from people's minds. In fact, if he can somehow imitate those whom he has seen I'd be satisfied... and we'd save the trouble of making more and more spellcards as the story progresses.

And yeah, autosage. We'd have to wait until Taisa makes a new thread. I heard the updated will be ready in seven minutes
>> No. 95706
>>95702

I can agree with this.

I don't suppose altering Rumia's recent spell card and making it stronger all the while beating her with said spellcard would be good enough to rub defeat in her face?

oddly enough I had some Persona and other Shin Megami Tensei battle tracks playing in my mind as the duel went on
>> No. 95707
[x] "Not telling anyone what happened tonight, I would like to keep everything as non-magical as possible during school."
[x] "Forgiving Mystia, too."
>> No. 95710
[x] "Forgive Mystia."
[x] "Stop trying to kill me."
A clause preventing her from attacking us in future is a good idea. I don't want to keep going through this encounter again and again.
>> No. 95711
>>95706
Wait, are we voting now? Can we even vote on a character's skill?
Well, for what it's worth, this idea has my approval.
>> No. 95712
>>95711

I just threw that in on the basis behind the [trace] idea. I actually prefer an older post that refers to a SC based around music since Jin's talents are not just drawing/painting mediums right..?
>> No. 95713
>new thread
>only 4 story posts

Jesus.
>> No. 95714
>>95713

On the bright side you have very active readers willing to communicate with the occasional, if seemingly rare shitstorm.
>> No. 95715
File 125390776276.jpg - (341.35KB , 700x560 , 1253869391068.jpg ) [iqdb]
95715
>>95713
Anon just loves your story.
>> No. 95716
[x] "I'd like you to model for me."
[X] "Let's be friends?"
[X] "Join our book club."
[X] "Forgiving Mystia, too."
>> No. 95718
File 125391240669.jpg - (109.00KB , 500x376 , to-do-list-nothing.jpg ) [iqdb]
95718
>>95705
>I heard the updated will be ready in seven minutes

Meanwhile at #THP.
>> No. 95719
File 125391297770.jpg - (180.58KB , 1044x504 , remis.jpg ) [iqdb]
95719
>>95718
>> No. 95724
>>95718

IRC IS NOT CREDIT TO TEAM
>> No. 95725
File 125391965568.jpg - (166.63KB , 600x570 , 1253421157531.jpg ) [iqdb]
95725
>>95718
You make poor Flandre cry
>> No. 95732
>I promise another one a bit later.

Well, so much about that. 3 AM, page and a half typed, and I'm all burnt out. New thread tomorrow morning?

I'm amazed at the utter lack of requests for sexual favors of any sort. Perhaps my opinion of Anon was lower than deserved.
And I had a token BAD END all written out, too.
>> No. 95734
>>95732
>And I had a token BAD END all written out, too.

I thought that was a given considering it's Rumia where we're not exactly too chummy with at the moment. Had things been slightly different I can see us falling for it easy.
>> No. 95736
>>95732
>>95732
Post it anyways, I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to read it.
>> No. 95737
>[Q] "Not telling anyone what happened tonight, I would like to keep everything as non-magical as possible during school

But if she wins, she will tell everyone about it.
>> No. 95738
>>95736
240 posts, once Taisa is up the thread will be autosage.
No reason as to why not post it.
>> No. 95740
>>95732

Two factors prevented such a stunt: First would be loyalty to Flan, and second was the fact that who in their right mind wants Rumia near that area when she hates you?
>> No. 95744
[x] "I'd like it if you forgave Mystia."
[x] "I'd also like it if you joined our book club."
[x] "You could even model for me."
[x] "And perhaps you could keep this little skirmish of ours a secret for now?"

Priorities. Our kindest gestures first.
>> No. 95748
Why do people assume that Rumia'd tell anyone about it? I don't think she'd ever want to admit to other people that she lost. Instead she'd lie to save face. Our victory is our own protection in that regard.
>> No. 95754
[x] "I'd like it if you forgave Mystia."
[x] "I'd also like it if you joined our book club."
[x] "You could even model for me."
[x] "And perhaps you could keep this little skirmish of ours a secret for now?"

>>95624
Oh my god I'm sorry

I'm very sorry.

I love you.
>> No. 95760
[x] "I'd like it if you forgave Mystia."
[x] "I'd also like it if you joined our book club."
[x] "You could even model for me."
[x] "Oh, and you're never again to refer to me as 'dinner' or 'snack' or by the name of any food of any kind--excepting possibly 'T-Bone', 'Home Fry', and 'Beefcake'."

Just making sure she starts calling him 'Jin' after this, not 'human' or some such.
>> No. 95766
>>95748

And why do you assume she will lose? Jin has no spellcards left and is already feeling the strain of forcing his abilities.
>> No. 95767
>>95766

What? Do you not believe in Jin?
>> No. 95769
>>95766
If we lose, we will almost certainly be eaten. Which is a bad end. This will be rectified by [x] Go ___ choices back, which will return us to before we lost.

So Rumia pretty much has to lose. The alternative is a last-minute save from Remi/Flan/whoever.
>> No. 95770
>>95769

Well we may begin to lose only to be rescued by some miraculous power we never knew we had. Its just cliche enough to work.
>> No. 95771
File 125398378523.jpg - (16.16KB , 267x285 , cliched.jpg ) [iqdb]
95771
>>95770
Nothing is a cliche when its happening to you
>> No. 95772
>>95770

I think we already found our power; it's what one-shotted Patchy.
>> No. 95774
Now when I think about it, was it wise to declare a spell duel? We all now what happened to Patchy when we didn't play by the rules.
Rumia clearly has an advantage. She knows how to play danmaku and we do not.
>> No. 95778
File 125398685488.jpg - (418.59KB , 1200x800 , 7459f68b4c8a43d4dcc2b48c094eee6b.jpg ) [iqdb]
95778
>>95774

I wouldn't read that far into it. It'll be fine.
>> No. 95781
[x] "I'd like it if you forgave Mystia."
[x] "I'd also like it if you joined our book club."
[x] "You could even model for me."
[x] "And perhaps you could keep this little skirmish of ours a secret for now?"
>> No. 95782
Where is Taisa, he couldn't possible have something like a life and be out on a saturday night?
>> No. 95785
File 125399049545.jpg - (367.57KB , 699x681 , fc1c2c8e1db02df608b747346f0fb7b6.jpg ) [iqdb]
95785
>>95782
I return, mildly inebriated; had some spontaneous guests out of nowhere.
Writing resumes...
>> No. 95786
>>95785

hooray!
>> No. 95787
>>95785
hooray!
>> No. 95796
>>95794