[Return]
Archived Thread

File 125185119725.jpg - (205.04KB , 1062x1062 , Gensokyo Farms.jpg ) [iqdb]
94415 No. 94415
...Sooo, I got bored while waiting to have the site in full operation once more, and was trying to think of something to do in the meantime. Then the idea hit me: there was once a Harvest Moon styled CYOA, and I can't think of anyone else moving in on that idea. So I thought "Why the hell not?" and decided to make this timewaster.
-----
Opening your eyes as you wake, the first thing to flood into your vision are sun rays from the window opposing your bed. Pushing up on the matress, you rub your eyes and take a quick glance around, refamiliarizing your half-asleep mind with the decor of this room.

On the window pane, one thing that catches your attention is a measuring scale with a bag of marbles next to it, ready to act as weights. Recalling your youth, you look to your right and see the calendar and your collection of novels, generously donated to you by the village's teacher. Still thinking of your youth, you quickly remniscice about your days in her class, and the names you and your friends would call her... Something like... "Cow tits"?

Turning your attention to your left, your vision pans over your closet door and the open doorway of the staircase, leading down to the kitchen. Finally looking up at the space over your bed, you see your journal, your small bag, and a small sword that you insisted on buying when you were younger. Rubbing the sleep from your eyes, you grab the journal and write a quick entry about waking up. You feel rather secure in doing so.

Cricking your neck, you stand to your feet and rummage through your closet for your clothes, and get dressed to go out and work. Snatching up your bag, you give the room one more look around before heading down for breakfast. For some reason, you feel something missing.

[ ] Grab a book to read while you eat.
[ ] The small shelf above the bed isn't the best place to keep your sword. Take it down with you.
[ ] It's nothing, just go ahead and eat.

>> No. 94416
[X] It's nothing, just go ahead and eat.
>> No. 94417
[x] It's nothing, just go ahead and eat.

Oh yes Harvest Moon, one of my great perditions.
>> No. 94418
[x] Grab a book to read while you eat.
>> No. 94419
[x] It's nothing, just go ahead and eat.
>> No. 94420
Deciding that it's nothing to be concerned about, you head down the stairs to prepare and then eat breakfast. Opening up the "refrigerator" that the man near the forest sold you, you settle for some eggs and beef for breakfast. In all honesty, you're far, far from being a good cook. If your farm's ever to succeed... You may just have to hire someone to prepare meals for you, to give you the proper energy.

Starting a fire, you crack the eggs open over the pan, and wait a few moments before setting them on the metal shelf looming over the fire. Chopping up the wad of beef, you get a metal dish ready and place it all in the dish, setting it up on the shelf with the eggs. Still feeling a little groggy, you decide to take a look out of the nearby window to see how the scenery looks.

It's the same as it's always been. Mountains far off in the distance, the sun absent with the exception of a few rays of light peeking over the horizon, and your fence that marks your property. Taking a brief look at the crops, you decide that they'll probably be ready for harvesting in a day or two, and that planting some new crops may be a good idea.

Turning your attention back to the poorly made meal, you cringe at the rushed look of the eggs. The yolks exploded, somehow, and got all over the pan. Shaking your head, you carefully pick up the pan and dump the two egg whites onto a plate, doing the same for the beef chunks. All in all, it's a pretty awful presentation and taste.

Finishing up with the meal, if you can even call something that disgusting a meal, you walk out onto your porch and take a look around. The sun still isn't peeking over the mountains yet, and only a small sliver is there in its place. Looking over the crops, you can see that they're all looking healthy and bug free. In all honesty, you may have done a good enough job watering yesterday that nothing might have to be done today! Congratulations!

[ ] Actually, you're pretty bad at this. Thinking you can take a day off... Time to get out there and water the crops.
[ ] That's right, you earned some time off. Might as well head up to the village and see about buying anything useful from the market.
[ ] That weird man near the forest may have something worthwhile for sale today. Might as well go and check, right?
>> No. 94421
[x] Actually, you're pretty bad at this. Thinking you can take a day off... Time to get out there and water the crops.

Fuck yeah, Harvest Moon. Everyone knows you need to get MONEY before you can go hit up the town! Need that money to buy some potatos.
>> No. 94422
[x] Actually, you're pretty bad at this. Thinking you can take a day off... Time to get out there and water the crops.
>> No. 94423
[x] That's right, you earned some time off. Might as well head up to the village and see about buying anything useful from the market.
>> No. 94424
File 125185506286.png - (17.43KB , 350x350 , minoriko036.png ) [iqdb]
94424
[X] Actually, you're pretty bad at this. Thinking you can take a day off... Time to get out there and water the crops.

First thing we need to do after this is head out and forage for stuff to sell for some quick cash, and something that we can offer up to the Harvest Goddess as the first of our daily offerings.

Huh. There's something to think about. Minoriko would actually be a pretty important character in Touhou Harvest Moon.
>> No. 94425
[x] Actually, you're pretty bad at this. Thinking you can take a day off... Time to get out there and water the crops.

Do all the heavy farmwork at first, use only small breaks to socialize, and try to find a comfortable routine to maximize profits. Such is the way of the first year in HM.
>> No. 94426
...Actually, you're pretty bad at this. Taking a day off to goof off and loiter around the village... Something like that would be just wrong, wouldn't it?

Making your way over to the shed, you look at all the crops once more before getting a hold of the watering can and coming back outside. It feels kind of silly, but there hasn't been too much rain lately, so you need to pay some more attention to the well being of the crops.

Starting with the sweet potato plants, you make your way along the rows and aisles of plants, making sure to water each one as best as you can. You actually have to refill the can once or twice by going over to the nearby river, but it's a simple enough task. Soon enough, you've made your way to the barley, only to be shocked into dropping your can by a loud noise coming from the direction of the river.

Rushing over, the sight you see is an odd one. A strange cap with a stranger pattern on it floats on top of the water, and a stranger girl with blue hair and red hair bobbles floats next to it, apparently passed out. Wondering how this happened, you realize that she likely ran into the stone steps you're standing on right now.

Pulling her out of the water, you feel slightly embarrassed as you press her chest and try to get her to breathe, seeing no results. Cursing your misfortune to have this happen so early in the day, you stand up and look around, wondering what you should do.

[ ] There's no time to waste! This girl needs the kiss of life.
[ ] There's no avoiding it. You'll just have to carry her with you and look for someone who can help.
[ ] This girl has a backpack, doesn't she? Maybe some sort of identification is in it?
>> No. 94427
And I'll stop there for now to get some sleep. I'll probably be back to make an update in the morning before work.
>> No. 94428
[x] There's no time to waste! This girl needs the kiss of life.

This.
>> No. 94429
[x] There's no time to waste! This girl needs the kiss of life.
>> No. 94430
[x] There's no time to waste! This girl needs the kiss of life.

Lugging around someone who is not breathing doesn't seem like a good idea. Even if it is Nitori and she's a kappa.
>> No. 94431
>>1053
Hopefully the site will be back in full then.
[x] There's no time to waste! This girl needs the kiss of life.
>> No. 94432
[+] There's no time to waste! This girl needs the kiss of life.

I'd suggest a TUBEing, but Anonyfarmer probably doesn't know what that is.
>> No. 94433
...That's right, there's only one solution to a problem like this one. A suave, rugged hero has to save the cute girl, and the way to save her could only be through a kiss that brings her back to this world... Definitely the only option to take, right! Blushing slightly, you try to think of a good way to do this while looking at the girl laying there on the ground.

As you fantasize about being a brave hero that brings an adorable girl back to life with a kiss, the girls starts to cough, rolling around a little as she wakes up. Sitting up, she gives you a groggy look before smiling, apparently not aware of what you were about to do.

"...Um." Squiriming, she seems to be pretty nervous afterall. "...S-sorry for causing you any trouble."

With that, she jumps back into the water in a flash, only to hit the wall of stone steps again in her nervous state. You honestly don't know why she's so skittish, but it's kind of cute in its own way. Pulling her out of the water again, you can see that she's out of it again, though this time you at least know that she didn't take on water.

[ ] You can't just watch over her, you've got work to do... Might as well find a place to lay her down inside.
[ ] She woke up pretty fast last time, so maybe she'll wake up again this time?
[ ] Actually, she did gurgle a little bit in the water before popping back up... Okay, maybe you're just perverted.
-----
>>1059
Actually, I don't really plan to continue this when the site is back up in full.
>> No. 94434
[X] She woke up pretty fast last time, so maybe she'll wake up again this time?
-[X] In the meantime, take her inside and let her use your bed. She could probably use something soft after knocking herself out for the second time.
>> No. 94435
[X] She woke up pretty fast last time, so maybe she'll wake up again this time?
-[X] In the meantime, take her inside and let her use your bed. She could probably use something soft after knocking herself out for the second time.
>> No. 94436
[x] You can't just watch over her, you've got work to do... Might as well find a place to lay her down inside, and leave some aspirin. A good deed now will get you a warm fuzzy feeling now, and maybe good karma.
>> No. 94437
[X] She woke up pretty fast last time, so maybe she'll wake up again this time?
-[X] In the meantime, take her inside and let her use your bed. She could probably use something soft after knocking herself out for the second time.
>> No. 94438
Hesitating for a moment, you wait to see any kind of reaction. Instead of that, she merely continues to be dazed and out of it, locking in the likelihood of an additional burden for the day. Sighing heavily, you lift her up and take her inside your house, heading up to your room with some towels to lay under her.

After getting the entire arrangement set up, you appraise your work and nod confidently, satisfied with how you protected your sheet from getting wet. Laying an extra sheet down on top of her, you head down the steps and go back outside, looking up to see how high the sun's gotten.

It's still pretty early in the day, so there's a lot of time to go around and do other things. On one hand, there's the old barn that's out of use, which could do with a good cleaning up. On the other, you could always tidy up around your actual home for a while. Either way, it'd be a bad idea to leave that girl alone in your home while you're away.

[ ] Go ahead and work on the barn. Maybe you can get some animals later on in the year?
[ ] Your own home is a bit messy. It may be best to clean it before she wakes up.
[ ] Prepare something for her to eat when she wakes up. It's never bad to be hospitable, especially to a cute girl.
>> No. 94439
[ ] Prepare something for her to eat when she wakes up. It's never bad to be hospitable, especially to a cute girl.
>> No. 94440
[X] Prepare something for her to eat when she wakes up. It's never bad to be hospitable, especially to a cute girl.

Early affection points.
>> No. 94441
[x] Prepare something for her to eat when she wakes up. It's never bad to be hospitable, especially to a cute girl.

Well, good hospitality never hurt anyone.
>> No. 94442
[x] Prepare something for her to eat when she wakes up. Perhaps cucumbers if I got any. It's never bad to be hospitable, especially to a cute girl.

Being a kappa is just a nice bonus.
>> No. 94443
[+] Prepare something for her to eat when she wakes up. Hospitality is good.
[+] Make a salad. It's harder to screw those up.
[+] Sliced cucumbers would be perfect in a salad.
>> No. 94444
I hope this makes it farther than the last HM story did.
>> No. 94445
[x] Prepare something for her to eat when she wakes up. It's never bad to be hospitable, especially to a cute girl.
>> No. 94446
>>1455
Quite unfortunately, it doesn't seem like it will.

A shame since it tickled my fancy.
>> No. 94447
I was considering continuing this if I could get it moved to /th/, but I've had no response to my requests so far, so it looks like it won't happen.
>> No. 94450
>>1756
First I hear of it. Sorry about that then. Thread is moved to /th/.
>> No. 94458
>>94447
Requesting how, were you sending emails? I'm not sure if we have email working yet. Just post in the thread and someone should see it, or come to #THP on Rizon.
>> No. 94506
>>94458

I was asking on IRC, but am pleased to see it moved.

Updates should be back tommorow.
>> No. 94956
You here?
>> No. 111997
This getting forgotten makes me sad.