[Return]
Archived Thread

File 125251321535.jpg - (214.93KB , 800x1000 , 0544c05d59549cb63c8c1d18cf5b44e0.jpg ) [iqdb]
93789 No. 93789
Continuation of >>93037

When we last left Anonymous, he had stayed in Flandre's room for the night, and as a result apparently been bitten by Flandre in his sleep.

-----------

Okay, okay, try to calm down, try to relax, try to think rationally...

Huh. For some bizarre reason, calming down happens a lot more easily than you'd have expected, considering you appear to have been bitten by a vampire in your sleep. You'd think having a pair of fangs driven into your neck would wake you up from pain, but... It's odd, aside from a mild stinging that lets you know the wounds are there, you don't feel any pain at all. You expected yourself to be more panicky than this, to be honest - who knows, maybe you've been turned into a vampire yourself, now? You're still alive after being fed on, after all... Or does it not work that way? Patchouli did say it's not as simple as transferring from a bite, but you weren't exactly concious to see what exactly Flandre did to you.

...Flandre...

She couldn't have meant any harm. She's not like that... it was probably an accident or something, right? Instincts or something? Considering the fact that you just have two neat little puncture wounds in your neck, as opposed to having your neck torn apart, you doubt it was a result of her 'instability' - whatever that's supposed to mean. Well, naturally you're still far from happy about being bitten in the first place, but you make a mental note not to be too harsh on the girl when you confront her about this.

Speaking of which, where is she?

Okay, okay... Priorities. Think rationally. You're currently almost naked - gotta fix that. Locating your clothes in the dark with the help of the candle, you get dressed and ponder the next course of action. You're in Flandre's room, the one room in the mansion you're most definitely not allowed to be in - gotta fix that. A dim light shines through a crack in the door; she must've left it open when she left. However, the crack is far too thin for you to fit through... shit. How the hell are you going to get out? The damn door weighs a ton, there's no way you could possibly-...

Or could you? You've been bitten, that's a fact; if you have indeed been turned into a vampire, you'd have increased strength, right? After all, Flandre was opening and closing heavy metal doors last night with hardly any effort at all; even the door of her room only required the use of one hand from her. If any of that has passed on to you, then you might be able to get the door open far enough to squeeze through; killing two birds with one stone, escaping from the room and confirming your metamorphosis. Well, only one way to find out... Grabbing the handle with both hands, you assemble all your might, and pull.

...

Nothing. Not even an inch. If only you were a bit more athletic... But since you haven't spontaneously become any stronger overnight, there's a chance you're still human. Comforting in a way, but this knowledge does nothing to help you get out of here. Damn it! If only there were another way... Or maybe there is? It's a long shot, but it's worth trying, unless you feel like remaining stuck in here. Taking a few steps back, you inhale deeply and close your eyes, trying to clear your head, as well as catch your breath from yanking on the door handle just now. Focus, focus... You open your eyes and slowly extend your arm forwards, compelling the door to open, beckoning it to swing in your direction. Nothing. You concentrate harder, sweat already starting to form on your forehead... However, strangely enough, the mental strain doesn't feel as heavy as what you're used to. Regardless, the door isn't...

The sound of metal scraping against metal echoes throughout the basement, as the door very slowly, very gradually swings open. And it didn't even explode! Granted, that would've gotten you out of Flandre's room as well, but would also have been much more noticeable. This is fine too; you wonder, though, does this inexplicable progress in the use of your mental powers have anything to do with your being bitten? Well, you can worry about that later, for now you need to keep your head on straight and do something. Do what? Well, you need to find Flandre and ask her just what the hell happened tonight; though, probably not in words as harsh as that. It'd only be fair to hear her side of the story first. Why are you not more freaked out about all this?

Passing by the incredibly thick door, you swear there's a new, particularly large dent in it; once you're out in the basement itself, a trail of sorts presents itself before you. On the floor you can see small spatters of dried blood, headed towards the basement exit; in the walls, however, are basketball-sized craters of pulverized brick, as if someone's been swinging a wrecking ball against the walls in a zig-zag pattern. You must've slept like a corpse to not have heard anything like that happening right outside the room, with the door open... Well, it's a trail in any case, so you'd best follow it if you hope to find the girl; you wonder, why did she leave the room without waking you? Did she feel guilty over what she had done? Or did she just need to go to the bathroom? Does she even know what she did, and how does she feel about it if she does? So many questions, so many questions...

The door that was in front of the stairs leading down into the basement is off its hinges, looking like it's been bent into a V-shape over someone's knee, as well as been liberally ravaged with a high-powered blowtorch. You'd better get the hell out of the immediate proximity before anyone spots you anywhere near the basement, damn it. Unfortunately, the trails - both that of the blood as well as the destruction - end here. You're left without a single clue on where Flandre could possibly be by now, and you've probably got a pair of very visible bite marks on your neck - why are you STILL not panicking as much as you should be!? In fact, you feel like you've been hit with a tranquilizer, your senses mildly dull in general; curiously enough, whatever it is still made it easier to move shit with your brain waves. A side effect from the bite? Who knows...

...You know very well who would know. Patchouli Knowledge, your mentor and benefactor. The problem, now, would be getting up to the second floor of the mansion and into the library, without being deteced by who knows how many maids would possibly be awake and busily tending to whatever duties they may have in the hallways this early on a Sunday along the way. Peering left and right, you don't notice any signs of life in the immediate area, tiptoeing in the general direction of where you believe the closest staircase leading up would have to be. Once again, the mansion seems a little... different, from how you remember it, though your gut feeling is getting better and better at anticipating where stuff ought to be.

You duck behind a conveniently placed grandfather clock as a maid passes by from behind a corner, dusting the floor with gusto. So vigorously, in fact, that she's probably just kicking more dust up into the air than she is managing to clean away; you try your hardest not to sneeze until she's far enough and out of sight. Phew, that was a close one... Stealth isn't exactly your forté, especially in a mansion like this with excessively huge, wide open hallways leading into larger, wider hallways. You make your way up the stairs without being spotted, avoiding maids while traversing what's starting to feel like a damn maze, ducking into a bathroom to wash the dried blood off your neck along the way. You're like Pac-Man, being chased by ghosts from all sides while trying not to bump into them yourself - getting caught like this could spell your certain doom. Remilia would probably kill you for disobeying her and witnessing Flandre's room; Sakuya would probably kill you for disobeying her mistress and causing Flandre to break things. Flandre herself could be anywhere. Patchouli really is the only one who could possibly help you right now.

There, the library! You patiently wait for another maid to pass by, before making a sprint for the doors, swinging them open and slamming them shut behind yourself, panting tiredly. What a rush! The noise of the doors being slammed with such force echoes through the library for a good minute, as you take a moment to regain your bearings and try to remember where in the labyrinth of bookcases Patchouli's private little nest was, again. As you try to recall the path, walking partially aimlessly and partially through muscle memory, you think back on the abrupt interruption to your training yesterday; or, well, earlier today, to be technical, but you meant before you went to sleep. Reimu crashing through a window and calling Sakuya out like that... Just what was that about, really? You'll have to ask either one of them about it sometime, assuming you live through the day without losing your head, and remain on speaking terms with the head maid of the household. In any case, you seem to have located Patchouli's desk, still a black stain on it from where you set fire to it yesterday.

Patchouli herself looks about how you feel; dull and frustrated. You take notice of a bunch of bookcases in the distance toppled over on top of each other like dominoes - whatever happened here last night couldn't possibly have been a calm little chat. Way to state the obvious there. Someone, or something, appears to be slowly pushing the bookcases back upright, though you can't see who from this distance; Patchouli's bat-wing-eared library assistant? Regardless of these irrelevant distractions, you head straight for her desk; she notices you approaching, lifting her head (which was almost slumped low enough to actually be resting on the desk) and fixing you with a suspicious glare.

"Jin? Have you come for more training again already? I had assumed we would resume a little later in the day... Or was there something else?"

"You could say that... Er... Hypothetically speaking, what possible complications or side effects could come out of being bitten by a vampire?"

"Why do you-... Oh. I see." She notices your neck; not that it's particularly difficult to notice these wounds, regardless of how clean they seemed to be. Hovering out of her seat and next to you, she examines the bite more closely.

"Remilia?"

"Flandre."

"...oh. I see." Not the most encouraging answer you could've hoped for.
"That would be... most unusual."

"What? Am I going to be alright? Am I going to turn into a vampire? Am I going to die? Am I..."

"You are perfectly fine; in a worst case scenario, you might suffer from a mild case of tetanus. I have something for that, if you would like."

"I would, but... Why do you have something like that lying around?"

"Just in case something like this happens." Not pressing the question further, you allow her to produce a syringe and administer an UNGODLY PAINFUL shot.
"That should prevent any complications."

"T-thanks... Um... So, I'm still human?"

"One hundred per cent."

"And being bitten isn't going to affect me in any negative way?"

"No. Though, you may feel oddly relaxed for some time after being bitten. Vampire bites inject the victim with a chemical that stimulates endorphin production, while also preventing blood coagulation for a short duration."

"I did feel strangely good, despite being horrified over the concept of being fed on..."

"Yes, well. Some... deviants... would even go as far as to describe the feeling of a vampire's bite as 'sensual'. I would consider that to be a highly subjective view." She speaks as if she has experience in such a thing; though, being a person who appreciates knowledge and research into things, living alongside a vampire for years, one would assume she's been bitten at least once, herself... You guess so, at least. It hardly seems like something you could casually ask about.

"You were saying something was unusual, though..."

"Ah. Yes. You see, Flandre does not know -how- a vampire feeds off humans; her attempts have all ended with the human in question being reduced to a fine mist. She is fed with a... special diet, of sorts, so she does not have to drink blood. It is strange, though, that she would... Hm. Tell me, what did you do to provoke such a response out of her?" There's that suspicious glare again.

"Nothing! I was asleep!"

"Asleep? She snuck into your room during the night, then?"

"...not exactly."

"...oh. I see. Young people..."

"It's not like that! Damn it, could you please take this seriously?" She almost looks apologetic, coughing into her fist before she resumes speaking.

"Did you see anything... odd, in her room?"

"You mean aside from the heavy doors and shackles?"

"Yes, aside from those." Oh.

"Well... No, nothing that I could think of. The closet was bound with chains, so I didn't get a look at whatever was inside."

"I see. This is most likely for the best. However, I understand Remilia explicitly forbade you from going into the basement. Why did you ignore this?"

"...Flan asked me to spend the night with her." Patchouli narrows her eyes at you.

"I suppose this is none of my business; while supervising Flandre is among my duties, the fact that you are still standing before me in one piece suggests you did not inadvertently trigger another of her 'episodes'. This is good; we might just be able to resolve this incident without tragedy. Where is Flandre, right now?"

"I have no idea. I was hoping you'd be able to help me find her."

A tired sigh. "I suppose we should start looking, then. You should probably think of a way to cover that neck of yours; should a maid accidentally tip off Remilia to your nightly escapades or your being bitten, I dare not say what she might do."

"Why are you still on my side on this, anyway..? You've been nothing but supportive, I don't know what I've done to deserve it."

"This is true, you have done nothing." Ouch...
"However, I do not always approve of Remilia's reactions to these situations. If Flandre is currently stable, but went into hiding before you woke up this morning, it would be best to locate her and inform her that everything is alright. I will assign Koakuma to search the mansion as well - she is my eyes and ears outside of the library - and inform you if I manage to find Flandre, and then we can think on how to hide this from Remilia; oh, and do take this with you, just in case." She hands you a small card of sorts, with your name on it alongside some strange writing you can't read. Well, not really your name - it says 'Jin'. Figures.

"What's this?"

"I like to call it a 'Library Card'. Tearing it in half will immediately transport you back here, to the library, from anywhere within Gensokyo." Her face shifts into a harsh frown, all of a sudden. "They are quite expensive and time-consuming to create, despite their seemingly small and simple appearance... I would appreciate it if you did not get into a situation where you would end up having to use it any time soon, but..."

"...Thanks. I appreciate it." You pocket the card for safe keeping. You've already experienced teleportation once, it's no big deal... aside from being terribly disorienting.

"So, I'll, uh, keep looking, then." She nods, motioning for you to be off with one hand, while her other reaches for some sort of trinket on a shelf near her; you can't figure out what it is or what she's doing with it, but you figure it has something to do with that assistant of hers. Before you can get far, you hear her voice, just barely, faintly reaching your ears: "Be careful."

Careful, huh... Easy for her to say, being able to fly and teleport and whatnot. You're not exactly a ninja or anything, sneaking about like this is hardly easy for you; it's a good thing the maids are barely aware of their surroundings. Hm, where to look, where to look... You really ought to do something about covering up your neck, too. For the moment, you settle for hiking up the collar of your shirt, despite it looking rather silly and doing a flimsy job of concealing the bite. After wandering about for a while, cautiously checking random rooms, you find yourself back near the basement. Hm, there was a door leading in a direction away from the dungeon-like part of the basement, wasn't there... It couldn't hurt to check it out, as long as you don't get caught snooping about down there, and you've had nothing but luck on your side so far.

It looks like... a wine cellar? Well, hardly out of place in an extravagant mansion such as this, though the sheer amount and variety of wines is simply staggering. You don't exactly have time to be examining the labels, though; for the sake of being thorough, you check around for Flandre's presence, or any sign of her passing through - suddenly, you hear noises from behind a corner. Sounds of glass, liquid being poured, and... humming? It's not Flandre's tune, yet is somehow familiar...
It's Sakuya. Hey, she's okay! Though, you can detect tiny little cuts and bruises here and there on her legs and arms; as she turns her head to the side for a moment - luckily not noticing you - you take notice that part of one of her twin braids is, er, missing. What the hell happened between her and Reimu last night, anyway? In any case, she appears to be occupied with carefully, gradually pouring wine out of a bottle and into another, more stylized glass vessel.



[] "I-Incredible! Decantering from such a height..."
[] Remember that this is a sneaking mission, Jin. Get out of there before she spots you.
[] What have you got to lose? Go ask her for help with finding Flandre. And maybe with not getting Remilia royally pissed off at you.

>> No. 93791
[X] Remember that this is a sneaking mission, Jin. Get out of there before she spots you.

YO, JIN, GO SNEAK DAT SHIT
>> No. 93792
[x] Remember that this is a sneaking mission, Jin. Get out of there before she spots you.

Sakuya would overreact, if not that, tell Remi who would mega overreact.

I wonder if Patchy's been playing SotN. It's a very good thing that she's helping us.
>> No. 93793
[] Remember that this is a sneaking mission, Jin. Get out of there before she spots you.

Sneaking away from a time stopper. Brilliant.
>> No. 93794
[X] Remember that this is a sneaking mission, Jin. Get out of there before she spots you.

Do not know if want Perfect and Elegant punishment from the Perfect and Elegant Maid.

Oh gods I want it so bad.
>> No. 93795
[x] Remember that this is a sneaking mission, Jin. Get out of there before she spots you.
Sakuya is probably in a very, very bad mood. Telling her what happened will just make things worse.
>> No. 93796
[O] Remember that this is a sneaking mission, Jin. Get out of there before she spots you.
>> No. 93798
[X] Remember that this is a sneaking mission, Jin. Get out of there before she spots you.
[X] Try to find a box.
>> No. 93799
File 125251876078.jpg - (22.96KB , 500x375 , prison-inmate-escapes-jail-cardboard-box-metal-gea.jpg ) [iqdb]
93799
[X] Remember that this is a sneaking mission, Jin. Get out of there before she spots you.
[X] Try to find a box.
>> No. 93801
[X] Remember that this is a sneaking mission, Jin. Get out of there before she spots you.
[X] Try to find a box.

This is too sillly not to pick.
>> No. 93802
[X] Remember that this is a sneaking mission, Jin. Get out of there before she spots you.
[X] Try to find a box.
>> No. 93803
[X] Remember that this is a sneaking mission, Jin. Get out of there before she spots you.
[X] Try to find a box.
[X] And cigarettes.

Unable to resist.
>> No. 93812
[x] Remember that this is a sneaking mission, Jin. Get out of there before she spots you.

The box is just going to get us spotted, sooner.

>>93803
I can just imagine him taking a nice, deep hit after a good biting session.

"Was it good for you?"
>> No. 93815
[x] Remember that this is a sneaking mission, Jin. Get out of there before she spots you.
>> No. 93819
[x] Remember that this is a sneaking mission, Jin. Get out of there before she spots you.
>> No. 93827
>>93791

ARE YOU EATING A BUCKET OF CHUM?

>The box is just going to get us spotted, sooner.

BWHAHAHA. You're a funny dude.
[\!/] Remember that this is a sneaking mission, Jin. Get out of there before she spots you.
>> No. 93828
File 125253491596.jpg - (798.10KB , 1240x960 , be098f3c2065ba2f14446c3e87e8f5d9.jpg ) [iqdb]
93828
Sakuya's always been nice to you... Maybe you should ask her for help with this? No, no, her loyalties are to her mistress first and foremost, she'd tell Remilia in an instant (in a literal sense, based on what you've seen of her abilities) and then you'd be dead, or worse. You can already picture many gruesome ways of dying in your head, each one more horrible than the last... Lying on the floor, staring at the ceiling as your life flashes past your eyes, you'd be cursing yourself for wasting valuable moments of your life on useless garbage like reading interactive fanfiction on imageboards on the internet. Just before everything turns black, Flandre would come running into the room, staring at your broken body in horror as your life drains away into oblivion, you would expend what little remained of your energy to send her one last smile.

"Jin..? Jin! JIIIIIIIIIIIN!"

-------------

You snap out of your daydreams just in time to duck behind the corner as Sakuya turns around; fortunately for you, you've managed to avoid making any noise so far, her humming drowning out your cat-like footsteps. Phew, that was close... You've got to get out of here before that woman smells you or something. An inexplicable urge arises to look for a cardboard box to hide under, though you immediately dismiss it as utterly moronic. Who's ever heard of hiding under a cardboard box for stealth? Besides, you can't see any boxes nearby; best to just tiptoe back out. Honestly, this is beginning to feel like some sort of silly video game, sneaking around a mansion and trying to find someone, at the same time trying not to BE found by anyone. It's still early, but you don't have long until Remilia will start getting suspicious and... form a search party, or something. Wouldn't you be concerned if you owned a huge freaking mansion and a guest just vanished randomly?

Anyway, where else haven't you checked yet... Before heading out of the basement, you check back in Flandre's room - still empty, no signs of her having come back at any point. It occurs to you that Sakuya must have seen the basement door, which was reduced to a half-molten piece of scrap metal - the fact that she was humming in the wine cellar makes you wonder just how used to such a thing she really is. Not all is right in the Scarlet Devil mansion... Well, yeah, that's been obvious since you decided to follow Flan to her room, hasn't it? Skip to the present, you've got two holes in your neck, you're still drugged up on vampire-endophins or whatever Patchouli called them (which, admittedly, have kept you from freaking the hell out over your situation), and you're pretending to be a ninja, trying to pick up Flandre's trail. On that note, you wonder if Patchouli's assistant is having better luck than you are.

No, wait, you hear something... You're on the second floor again, and the surroundings look strangely familiar. Especially that door over there... A certain scene comes back to mind, stirring the blood in your face lightly - that's the guest bathroom. You can still hear noises coming from inside. Why did you not check here earlier? Wait, wait, there's no guarantees that it's Flandre in there, it could be anyone else...
Quiet sobbing. Gotta be her; so your hunch was right? She didn't mean to harm you and ran off in shame? You can't stand the idea of making her cry, though, holes in your neck or no... You try the door, only to find it locked from the inside. There's no response, but you think you can hear... words, between the sobs? Taking a look to the left and right just to make sure nobody's coming, you press your ear against the door to listen more closely, maybe figure out what's being said.

...

"...He hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me..."
...God damn it! Throwing caution and stealth to the wind, you ram your shoulder against the door; it doesn't yield, but the girl inside seems to snap out of it.
"G-go away!" A loud sniffing noise follows.

"Flan? It's me." A long, drawn-out period of silence; you can't even hear her move in there. What her face must look like right now... You really want to see her, to hear her side of the story, to have her tell you she didn't mean it, to tell her it's okay, to have everything work out again. You don't want this little (haha what?) incident to tear your friendship apart; physical wounds will heal with time, emotional wounds can bleed for an eternity if left unhealed.
"Flan? Please let me in."

"...N-no... I'll just end up hurting you again..."

"Come on..." Think, persuade her somehow.
"...If you don't let me in, someone will see me and tell Remilia. That would be bad, right?" Not the way you wanted to do this, but if there's no other way she's letting you in there...

A light clicking noise is heard after a handful of seconds; the door is unlocked, but not opened. Both for your own safety and to get a chance to talk face-to-face with Flandre, you let yourself in and shut the door behind you. You are greeted by the sight of a little blonde girl sitting in an empty bathtub, knees held in her arms and face hidden behind knees. Her hair is a mess, and every now and then she twitches very lightly, sniffing quietly. You sit on the edge of the bathtub, patiently waiting for her to stop and calm down; which doesn't happen. It gets to the point where you can't take it any longer, so you just climb into the empty tub yourself, sitting opposite her.
"...This is going to sound like a stupid question, but... are you alright?"
Hesitating, she nods very slowly, still not showing you her face.

"...a-a-are y-you?" Her voice is shaky, as well as a little rough-sounding... makes you wonder just how long she had been repeating that mantra to herself, the poor girl. You need to take control of the situation somehow; falling back on tried and true methods works best in situations like these, so you simply reach forward, gently placing your hand on top of her head; she jolts in response at first, but otherwise seems to calm down a little.

"I'm okay. So, ah... Care to tell me what happened, exactly? You were already gone by the time I woke up, so I'm a little lost..." She sniffs a few more times, before swallowing audibly, lifting her head just enough so you can see her eyes. They're red - and no, you're not referring to the irises. The whites of her eyes are red all over; she must have been sitting here and crying since long before you woke up today.

"...I... I don't know... I just... I just woke up, and... And it felt so nice, sleeping with you like that. You were so warm; I just rested my head on your chest and listened to your heartbeat for a while. I don't know if that's weird or not... And... And..." She swallows again.
"...And I don't know what I did next, I just... I... I think I..." Flandre struggles with the words, obviously having great difficulty with spitting them out; if you don't try to comfort her now, you're probably going to start sobbing too. So, you just lean forward and grab her - she barely weighs a thing and puts up no resistance - pulling her into a gentle embrace and lightly petting her head, letting her rest against you; weakly, she puts her arms around you, the two of you now sitting in an empty bathtub and hugging onto each other while Flandre softly cries into your shoulder; you don't really mind that she's soaking your shirt, she needs to let this out and you're probably the person most suited for this sort of thing right now, what with being the one that was bitten by her in the first place.

"I won't get mad or anything. Go ahead and tell me what happened."

...

"*sniff*... I think I... I... k-kissed your neck... for some reason, I don't know why... and... and then I just... I couldn't stop. I knew I was hurting you, I knew you were bl-bleeding, but I... I didn't stop... I... l..ed... .t..."

"What did you say..?"

"I l-liked it..." Her grip on you weakens, one arm going completely limp; however, you place your own hand on hers, squeezing it lightly to show her that you're still there for her.

"It's alright, I..." ...know what you are, and I'm okay with it. You want to say that so much right now, but something blocks your words; is it the right time to say such things? Or is it a given by now that you'd know what she is? It's not like a regular girl could poke two clean puncture wounds into a guy's neck with just her canines... Does she even understand it properly, herself? What she did? Patchouli made it sound as if she's never done such a thing before in her lifetime...

...

This is starting to feel like some sort of bizarre and twisted parallel to losing your virginity to each other. In a fit of masochistic humor aimed at yourself, you wonder whether you should feel glad for having been her 'first', but you shake those thoughts out of your head immediately.

"Well. It's alright now. It doesn't even hurt anymore, and it stopped bleeding a long time ago. It'll heal up just nicely, okay? I'm not angry at you or anything, so... just smile for me, okay? When you're sad like this over little things, it makes me sad too... So don't worry about it, alright? I'm still here, good as new."

Slowly, she pulls back to look you right in the eyes, tears still lightly streaming down her cheeks, her lower lip trembling as she gives you a hesitant nod; you decide to do the manly thing and gently wipe the tears away with the back of your hand.
"Good. Now give me a smile already."

She does, and the two of you hug again; except this time she puts more of an affectionate grip into it.

"...I was so afraid you'd hate me and I'd never see you again."

"Don't be stupid. I'm here to stay."

...

GOOD END!




...or so you thought. An all-too-familiar tapping sound is audible from right outside the bathroom door; shit, that's where your room was the last time, isn't it? Sure enough, you hear a firm, rhythmic knock, followed by the same humming tone you heard back down in the wine cellar. You nearly freeze in panic, gesturing for Flandre to remain silent. A few moments pass, before the knocking repeats and you can hear an impatient tapping of a foot.
"Are you awake in there? I'm coming in." The sound of a door opening; sure enough, it closes again within moments. You still don't move a muscle - please go away please go away please go away...
The knocking repeats, this time on the bathroom door.
"You in there, kid? The mistress wishes to see you and told me to come fetch you." You hear her muttering something under her breath as a follow-up, but you can't understand a word through the door. Flandre seems to be sharing in your panic by now, a strong look of worry plain on her face; she attempts to come to your rescue.

"N-no! It's just me in here, Sakuya! I'm, uh, in the bath!" Phew, that should do it! Thank you, Flan...

"Oh? Well, in that case I'm coming in anyway, I think I left some laundry in there..." ...or not. Shit shit shit!

The door handle klaks lightly, the door slowly swinging open...

...



[] "...We can explain everything."
-{} (Well? Go ahead an explain.)
-{} Let Flandre do the talking while you cower behind her.
[] ...hide! Hide anywhere! ...Hide where? Where could you possibly hide!?
>> No. 93829
It's a bathtub, right?

[X] ...hide! Hide anywhere! ...Hide where? Where could you possibly hide!?
-{X} Lie down flat, have Flan sit on top of you.

Or, if that doesn't work.

[X] "...We can explain everything."
-{X} Point to the puncture wounds and hold Flan tighter.

Yeah, can't really think of anything ingenious. Anyone else want to give it a try?
>> No. 93830
[x] Hide Flan
[x] Strip
[x] "Kyah~ Pervert~"
>> No. 93831
>"N-no! It's just me in here, Sakuya! I'm, uh, in the bath!" Phew, that should do it!

Not suspicious at all. This update made me laugh out loud a few times.
>> No. 93835
[x] ...hide! Hide anywhere! ...Hide where? Where could you possibly hide!?
[x] Try to find a box.
>> No. 93839
Plan A: [x] Scan the room for possible hiding spots (i.e. behind the door if the laundry's not there.
-[x] Hide at found spot

Plan B if A fails: [x] Explain everything while standing with Flandre in a show of Soldarity; have her help explain things as well.

Hopefully Flan will prevent Jin from being killed.
>> No. 93842
[x] "...We can explain everything."
-{x} Point to the puncture wounds and hold Flan tighter. Explain that it was an accident and you're alright.

Flan is still clothed, right? And sitting in an empty tub? And has clearly been crying for the past hour or so? Yeah, not suspicious at all.
>> No. 93843
[X]Use your holy powers of the mind to close the door.
[X]Have Flandre ask Sakuya to not enter yet.
>> No. 93849
Are there no shower/bath curtains? How deep is this tub?
>> No. 93850
If there was more time to think/act, I'd have suggested possibly getting Flandre to hide, keep sitting in the tub while Sakuya comes in, maybe make a little mock scream and act as if you were covering yourself up, and then having the little vampire jump out and go "BOO!" Basically frame the situation to look like it was an attempt at a prank.
>> No. 93854
[z] "This... is exactly what it looks like."
[e] "If you could hold off on the killing me until I'm done explaining, I'd be really happy."
>> No. 93857
[X] Relax. What will be, will be.
-[X] Hold Flan close. The two of you have right now at the very least; you might as well enjoy every last second that you can spend together. It will keep you nice and relaxed for the confrontation that's bound to come.
>> No. 93858
File 12525538303.jpg - (258.04KB , 924x924 , 2710451.jpg ) [iqdb]
93858
>>93828
[X] "This... is exactly what it looks like."
[X] "If you could hold off on the killing me until I'm done explaining, I'd be really happy."

Made me lol, so it's obviously the best choice.
>> No. 93860
[x] "Could you wait a second? I'm about to get out so just let me get dressed. I'll bring out whatever laundry you left in here while I'm at it."
[x] Let faucet run very slightly wet your hair
>> No. 93861
Sakuya probably isn't aware of the damage that was done in the basement. If she were, she'd have directly asked Flandre what was wrong. However, she would certainly notice that Flandre has been crying, so it would be better if she didn't get a clear view.
The shower/tub probably either has a curtain or a translucent door. I've seen very few without one of the two. We should use that, then duck low. Even if there's no curtain, the tub is the only hiding spot we have time to make use of.

I'd also like to point out that Sakuya is likely still unaware that we've realized Gensokyo's true nature already. It is possible that she would be put on the spot, faced with upholding Remilia's order to keep us unaware. Bite marks like that don't just randomly appear while you sleep.

[X] ...hide! Hide anywhere! ...Hide where? Where could you possibly hide!?
-[X] If possible, shut the door/curtain and pray Sakuya doesn't notice the lack of steam in the room.
-[X] Regardless of whether there is a curtain to hide behind or not, duck down into the tub, out of Sakuya's line of sight.
--[x] If you must lay flat, let Flandre sit on top of you. Preferably on your back.
[X] If that doesn't work...
-[X] "...We can explain everything."
--[X] Show her the puncture wounds and hold Flan tighter.
>> No. 93863
[X] ...hide! Hide anywhere! ...Hide where? Where could you possibly hide!?
>> No. 93866
[X] "This... is exactly what it looks like."
[X] "If you could hold off on the killing me until I'm done explaining, I'd be really happy."
>> No. 93868
[X] ...hide! Hide anywhere! ...Hide where? Where could you possibly hide!?
-[X] If possible, shut the door/curtain and pray Sakuya doesn't notice the lack of steam in the room.
-[X] Regardless of whether there is a curtain to hide behind or not, duck down into the tub, out of Sakuya's line of sight.
--[x] If you must lay flat, let Flandre sit on top of you. Preferably on your back.
[X] If that doesn't work...
-[X] "...We can explain everything."
--[X] Show her the puncture wounds and hold Flan tighter.
>> No. 93870
This shit will never work.

She already knows we're in here, because she checked the room earlier while time was stopped: That's how she knew Flandre was in it in the first place. Making up excuses now makes it only seem as if you're trying to hide something, which we're not apart from the bite.

[x] Continue hugging Flandre. You're consoling her and that's all Sakuya needs to see.
[x] "Could you give us some privacy?"
>> No. 93872
>>93870

Too late. Flandre already said she was taking a bath.
>> No. 93873
[X] ...hide! Hide anywhere! ...Hide where? Where could you possibly hide!?
[x] Deploy your octa-camo.
-[X] If possible, shut the door/curtain and pray Sakuya doesn't notice the lack of steam in the room.
-[X] Regardless of whether there is a curtain to hide behind or not, duck down into the tub, out of Sakuya's line of sight.
--[x] If you must lay flat, let Flandre sit on top of you. Preferably on your back.
[X] If that doesn't work...
-[X] "...We can explain everything."
--[X] Show her the puncture wounds and hold Flan tighter.
>> No. 93874
>>93872

Flandre can't possibly take off her clothes and draw a bath in this short amount time, so the point is moot. It's very common for people to lie innocuously when they're emotional.

More importantly, Sakuya already knows what's going in there. Hiding in the linen closet will only result in you embarrassing yourself.

And for god's sake don't point out the puncture wounds.

>should a maid accidentally tip off Remilia to your nightly escapades or your being bitten, I dare not say what she might do.
>> No. 93875
>>93874
You think she won't notice them? The point is just to get her to notice them before she thinks something else is going on.
>> No. 93876
[X] "This... is exactly what it looks like."
[X] "If you could hold off on the killing me until I'm done explaining, I'd be really happy."
>> No. 93877
>More importantly, Sakuya already knows what's going in there.

Good point. Changing vote from >>93868 to

[X] "This... is exactly what it looks like."
[X] "If you could hold off on the killing me until I'm done explaining, I'd be really happy."
>> No. 93878
[X] ...hide! Hide anywhere! ...Hide where? Where could you possibly hide!?
-[X] If possible, shut the door/curtain and pray Sakuya doesn't notice the lack of steam in the room.
-[X] Regardless of whether there is a curtain to hide behind or not, duck down into the tub, out of Sakuya's line of sight.
--[x] If you must lay flat, let Flandre sit on top of you. Preferably on your back.
[X] If that doesn't work...
-[X] "...We can explain everything."
--[X] Show her the puncture wounds and hold Flan tighter.
>> No. 93884
File 125259407379.jpg - (724.40KB , 1000x966 , 9178c3ec88bd506f6014f8ea61774735.jpg ) [iqdb]
93884
Snap decision time! This is probably not the best idea you've had in your life, but you're pretty much ready to try anything at this point, not being in the mood for whatever would await you if Remilia found out about tonight. Since you can't spot any other place to hide, you'll have to make do with lying flat in the bottom of the bathtub, having Flandre sit on top of you; good thing she barely weighs anything. Naturally, you lie down face-first - should you be spotted, the last thing you'd want would be even more unfortunate implications from Flandre sitting in your lap.
"Close the curtains..!" you manage to whisper to her from this awkward position; she responds with an eager nod, pulling the shower curtains around the bathtub to conceal both of you. Just in time, too: Sakuya has opened the door by now, in a dramatically slow manner. You can see her silhouette through the translucent curtain, and hear her shutting the door. She's not heading for the laundry hamper; from what you can tell, she's looking in the direction of the mirror above the sink. Crap... If Flan were really taking a bath, then there'd be steam in the room, right? Some of it condensed on the mirror? Please don't notice, please don't...

"Hm." That's not a good sound.
"Did you only just get in, young mistress?" Somehow, her voice doesn't sound suspicious, but... knowing, as if she's toying with you. More light tapping, and her silhouette grows larger - she's coming towards the bathtub.
"And where are your clothes?"

"I, I, I left them in my room!" You can feel Flandre trembling on top of you in worry, her fingers lightly digging into your shoulder. You pull your head down so as not to be noticed, lying completely flat against the bathtub and praying to whichever deity would choose to listen to you that Sakuya would just go away already...

"Is that so?" You're starting to hate that line.
"Somehow I doubt you've been streaking through the mansion completely naked all the way from down there, when we have a male visitor..." Upon uttering those last two words, the curtains are pulled aside; Flandre shrieks and covers herself, apparently having forgotten that she's actually still clothed in pajamas; whereas you yourself can do little else than look up at Sakuya and greet her with a stupid smile. She doesn't look amused. You scramble out from under Flandre, hugging onto her again; she does the same to you as both of you look up at the suddenly very scary head maid together.
"Enough of the charade; I knew you were there the whole time. Just what the hell are you two-..." She stops all of a sudden, falling silent, her mouth still open and her eyes widening - she's staring at your neck, and your exposed wounds.

"...We can explain everything. Honest. If you'll just liste-..."

You're not in the bathroom anymore. Instead, you're in a room you haven't seen before - it looks to be a fairly normal, nondescript room, kept perfectly neat and tidy, not a speck of dust you can see anywhere. By the foot of the single bed is what looks like a locked chest. Wait, you don't have the time to be rolling spot checks right now! Regaining your senses and trying to dispel your confusion, you hear a quiet clicking noise; turning in the direction the noise came from, you see Sakuya at the door, locking it from the inside. You're alone with her in here, now - while you may or may not have entertained the thoughts of being in Sakuya's bedroom with her in the past, that was then and this is now. Also, the situation is drastically different from anything you would have fantasized about. Sakuya walks up to you, very slowly, not a hint of emotion on her face, her blue eyes fixed upon you like two icy orbs, freezing you in place.

She pushes you down on the bed, before descending upon you and pinning you down, grasping your chin firmly in her hand and twisting your head to the side. She's extremely strong, though not past human limits; in any case, while it doesn't compare to Rumia's vice-like grip, you couldn't resist her even if you tried. After examining the bite marks on your neck more closely for a moment, she lets go of you, though still straddling you to keep you from moving.
"Kid, I'll be honest with you," she starts, "I judge people based on first impressions. Since you more-or-less left a good one, I kind of like you so far. That's the only reason why I'm giving you exactly ten seconds to explain just what the hell that was about, back there. Ten seconds, or I go directly to my mistress with you and she can decide what to do with you for diddling her little sister, herself. Go."

You inhale deeply.

"Flandreaskedmetospendthenightinherroombecauseshecouldn'tsleepandIfeltsorryforhereventhoughRemiliatoldmenottogodownthereandshegothungryorsomethinginth
enightandaccidentallybitmeandfeltbadaboutitsoIsearchedforherandIwasjustcomfortingherinthebathroomwhenyoucameinpleasedon'tkillme."
Sakuya just blinks at you with a frustrated expression you've never seen her look at you with before, before rubbing her temples and grumbling quietly. Regardless of the danger level of the situation, the way she's on top of you like this is...

You exert some of that strength of will to subdue your teenage mind before it runs amok, and focus back on the situation at hand.
"Okay, okay, I'm sure that was a VERY good explanation right now, but start over. No time limit this time, just... in a way I can understand. Don't leave out any details. Go." This time, you tell her everything in a calm, relaxed manner, sparing no details, starting from the moment you left the library last night to go have your dinner. She keeps glaring at you while you speak, although her gaze seems to soften just a little - spiking back up into icy-stare territory for just a moment when you describe going down into the basement despite being specifically told not to do so. Still, she seems to calm down by the time you get close to finishing, actually cracking a smirk when you describe sneaking about the mansion to avoid detection, and nearly bumping into her in the wine cellar.
"I'm normally more aware of my surroundings than that... Guess I've been slacking lately."

With that, she climbs off you, which is mostly a relief and slightly a disappointment to that one part of your brain that has remained fixated on the fact that you're in a land full of hot magical girls ever since you got here. Well, the 'magical' part ever since Patchouli opened your eyes. Speaking of whom, you wish she'd have given you some sort of magic walkie-talkie amulet or whatever it is wizardly-types use to communicate with one another; you could use a hand with defending yourself, here.
"That's odd, though. Flandre has never bitten anyone before, nor has she had any reason to. In any case, I suppose this situation looks... better than what I had assumed, though that's not saying much. By the way, just to clear up any confusion... I've known for a while now that you're not as oblivious to the goings on in Gensokyo as Patchouli led us to believe." So she knew all along that you knew? A glance is sent in your direction from the corner of her eye, while she adjusts her uniform.
"...And how do you feel about this, then? What happened between you and Flandre."

"I... I don't mind, really..." She turns back to you, a serious look on her face once again.

"I don't know how you feel about Flandre, and frankly on the one hand it's none of my business; but on the other hand, keeping this household running IS my business, and if you get in the way of keeping the place running like a well-oiled machine? Upsetting the balance I've so desperately spent years on achieving? I swear, if you make this mansion fall apart like the house of cards that it truly is behind the scenes, even if your own part in it is indirect, I will personally make sure you will be the first one crushed under the rubble." There's a brief moment of silence, where she gives you time to let her words sink in, and you're too damn intimidated to say anything in response.

"I wonder... Why do you think Flandre has taken a liking to you? Despite your entire friendship with her being orchestrated by my mistress... Because you're the first chance at a real friend she's ever had, someone who up until recently wasn't supposed to know about her nature - both her mental condition and her vampirism - and she simply doesn't want to ruin that chance? Or do you honestly believe you're just that much of a charming, handsome guy?"

"...I guess I don't know."

She smiles softly, a welcome sight after all this interrogation. And you're still in one piece! For a second there, you thought you were about to feel some perfect and elegant punishment from the perfect and elegant maid; which doesn't sound completely unpleasant to your hormone-riddled teenage mind.
"Well, I'm not saying it's not the latter..." Was that just a compliment?
"...but, if I were you, I wouldn't so brazenly go against orders given by the mistress in her own house. I still need to go over damage control... You just love giving me more work to do, don't you? If you really want to keep me constantly busy with you, then you could just do what a normal man would do - ask me out on a date sometime." The fact that she follows this up with a cheerful laugh implies that she was probably joking, if that wasn't obvious enough already; still it's good to see that Sakuya doesn't seem to be particularly pissed off with you, now that you got a chance to explain. Now all there is to take care of is...

"...oh, speaking of the mistress. I was supposed to bring you to her. She seemed to be in a rather cross mood this morning, too... This could get ugly." She rubs her chin in thought, thinking the matter over.
"I'm really going against my better judgement and everything I know, here, worrying about your well-being over the interests of the mistress... But, I suppose I can justify this through the conclusion that angering her even further would be a bad idea; also, she seems to like you." Another smile.
"Maybe you can cheer her up, too. Seeing the mistress smile would be enough for me to forgive you for the chaos you nearly threw the household into. Now, the problem is that you have two very noticeable holes in your neck. By the way, they should heal pretty quickly - they look like smooth, clean punctures, no significant tearing." She seems to know an awful lot about vampire bites.
"I don't detect the scent of blood on you right now, so... Hm. Wait a second." Sakuya heads for a wide closet built into the wall; opening it up reveals a large set of maid uniforms, some long-sleeved, some short-sleeved, along with a tiny handful of more casual clothing pushed away to the side, looking extremely underused. She pulls out a red cloth from between what look like long-sleeved winter uniforms; then, she promptly wraps it around your neck. It smells like she does.

"Good. Now all we need to do is think of an excuse good enough for her to lose interest in why you're wearing a scarf indoors. But there's hardly any time for that..." Having said that, she grips your hand, and your sight flickers. You're outside the dining room, all of a sudden. Before you can ask anything, she opens the door, leading you inside; sitting around the table are Remilia and Flandre, the latter looking at you with a timid, pained expression, and the former seeming particularly grumpy today; still, as you enter the room behind Sakuya, Remilia's face seems to brighten slightly.

"Ah, there you are! I had wondered where you had disappeared off to since before dinner last evening; do forgive me for being such a poor host, I-... Why are you wearing a scarf indoors? In this weather? And... why is it Sakuya's scarf?" She looks utterly perplexed, but before you can come up with a fitting lie, Sakuya interjects.

"Ah, there is a very good reason for this, milady."

"Which would be?" Remilia fixes Sakuya with a stern glare, reeking of suspicion. Or is it jealousy?

"Today is our honored guest's birthday, so I gave him what I could as a present at such short notice. The polite boy wished to humor me by wearing it immediately." That has got to be the worst lie you've ever he-...

"Birthday? Really? Today?" She bought it. Seriously? It puzzles you for a moment why an immortal vampire would even care much for birthdays, until you remember standing beside the supposedly-mortal human head maid of the household.
"Why, that's... completely unacceptable. To think that I, as a gracious and considerate host, would not be told of such things in advance!"

"Oh yes, I was surprised as well."

"Indeed."

"Quite."

"This calls for a celebration!" The situation is quickly spinning down a dark path into insanity. Sakuya's calm, cool and collected smile only makes the situation seem all the more surreal, as Remilia frantically gestures and spouts nonsense to the maid about necessary preparations and whatnot. Flandre looks as confused as she usually does in these situations; she couldn't possible also believe that it's your birthday today, could she?

"...yes, I shall get to work on the preparations immediately, milady."

"Hm, hm. Flandre, darling... We're going shopping later." The younger sister nods eagerly; this isn't going to end well, you just know it. As Sakuya turns to head out of the room, she leans close to you while passing by, whispering to you.

"How old are you, kid?" Reflexively, you tell her.

"...Why do you ask?"

"I think we're out of candles."

...

"Just let the mistress have her way with you, you might even have fun. It would be a tragedy to stop her when she gets into a mood like this." She chuckles into her palm with barely a noise, heading out of the room and leaving you to have breakfast with the sisters, wondering if you really were killed and are experiencing nonsensical pre-death hallucinations. You're too baffled to even pay attention to what was served for breakfast. Well, if today is going to be your birthday, then so be it; what's so bad about getting a cake?

You regret not having found the time to ask Patchouli or Sakuya about what happened in the library last night. While Sakuya's injuries seemed fairly minor, it was a little jarring to see her so... asymmetric, with the tip of one of her braids missing, the hair now hanging loosely. Granted, the look suited her in a way, too. You wonder if Patchouli knows Flandre has been found, or if her assistant is still wasting time combing the mansion for her? Maybe you ought to go pay the library another visit and inform her.

"So." Remilia's voice and the sound of her placing her teacup on the small decorated plate assigned for such a purpose suddenly attract your attention.
"What were you up to last night?" For a moment, you swear you could detect a dangerous glint in her eye; or maybe you're just imagining it because you're still nervous? The atmosphere is intensified by Flandre's still-timid gaze peeking at you from the side, in stark contrast to Remilia's sharp eyes, staring right into yours, her mouth concealed as she takes yet another slow sip of tea.



[x] (...)
>> No. 93886
[x] "Ah, yes. I was discussing books with miss Patchouli. My favorite genres, some of the titles I've read, talking about the Voile - we really got into it. Before I knew it, it was already past midnight. Time flies when you're having fun." Give her a smile.
[x] "I'm sorry for missing dinner with you two last night. It was very rude of me. I should have at least informed you of where I was. I guess my head wasn't on straight."
>> No. 93887
>[ ] "I was asking Sakuya out for a date"
we should ask her out for a date

[x] "Ah, yes. I was discussing books with miss Patchouli. My favorite genres, some of the titles I've read, talking about the Voile - we really got into it. Before I knew it, it was already past midnight. Time flies when you're having fun." Give her a smile.
[x] "I'm sorry for missing dinner with you two last night. It was very rude of me. I should have at least informed you of where I was. I guess my head wasn't on straight."
>> No. 93889
>>93886
Exactly what I was thinking.
[x] "Ah, yes. I was discussing books with miss Patchouli. My favorite genres, some of the titles I've read, talking about the Voile - we really got into it. Before I knew it, it was already past midnight. Time flies when you're having fun." Give her a smile.
[x] "I'm sorry for missing dinner with you two last night. It was very rude of me. I should have at least informed you of where I was. I guess my head wasn't on straight."

You didn't tell her about your birthday because it's not really polite.
>> No. 93890
[x] "Ah, yes. I was discussing books with miss Patchouli. My favorite genres, some of the titles I've read, talking about the Voile - we really got into it. Before I knew it, it was already past midnight. Time flies when you're having fun." Give her a smile.
[x] "I'm sorry for missing dinner with you two last night. It was very rude of me. I should have at least informed you of where I was. I guess my head wasn't on straight. When I realized you two were waiting for me I felt positively awful."

As much as I'd have no problems with a Sakuya route, this is one of the few chances for a Flan route without a creepy feeling.
>> No. 93892
[x] "Ah, yes. I was discussing books with miss Patchouli. My favorite genres, some of the titles I've read, talking about the Voile - we really got into it. Before I knew it, it was already past midnight. Time flies when you're having fun." Give her a smile.
[x] "I'm sorry for missing dinner with you two last night. It was very rude of me. I should have at least informed you of where I was. I guess my head wasn't on straight."
>> No. 93893
[x] "Ah, yes. I was discussing books with miss Patchouli. My favorite genres, some of the titles I've read, talking about the Voile - we really got into it. Before I knew it, it was already past midnight. Time flies when you're having fun." Give her a smile.
[x] "I'm sorry for missing dinner with you two last night. It was very rude of me. I should have at least informed you of where I was. I guess my head wasn't on straight."
>> No. 93894
[x] "Ah, yes. I was discussing books with miss Patchouli. My favorite genres, some of the titles I've read, talking about the Voile - we really got into it. Before I knew it, it was already past midnight. Time flies when you're having fun." Give her a smile.
[x] "I'm sorry for missing dinner with you two last night. It was very rude of me. I should have at least informed you of where I was. I guess my head wasn't on straight."
>> No. 93896
[X] "Ah, yes. I was discussing books with miss Patchouli. My favorite genres, some of the titles I've read, talking about the Voile - we really got into it. Before I knew it, it was already past midnight. Time flies when you're having fun." Give her a smile.

[X] "I'm sorry for missing dinner with you two last night. It was very rude of me. I should have at least informed you of where I was. I guess my head wasn't on straight."

The best excuses are the ones that are technically true.
>> No. 93897
File 125260404251.jpg - (82.28KB , 670x459 , x.jpg ) [iqdb]
93897
Have some mono-braid Sakuya.
>> No. 93899
[x] "Ah, yes. I was discussing books with miss Patchouli. My favorite genres, some of the titles I've read, talking about the Voile - we really got into it. Before I knew it, it was already past midnight. Time flies when you're having fun." Give her a smile.
[x] "I'm sorry for missing dinner with you two last night. It was very rude of me. I should have at least informed you of where I was. I guess my head wasn't on straight."
>> No. 93900
>>93897
>>"Kid"

Oh, so that's where that came from.
>> No. 93903
[x] "Ah, yes. I was discussing books with miss Patchouli. My favorite genres, some of the titles I've read, talking about the Voile - we really got into it. Before I knew it, it was already past midnight. Time flies when you're having fun." Give her a smile.
[x] "I'm sorry for missing dinner with you two last night. It was very rude of me. I should have at least informed you of where I was. I guess my head wasn't on straight."

Btw, I've just thought that we could have used the library card to escape Sakuya back there...
>> No. 93905
>>93903
>"I like to call it a 'Library Card'. Tearing it in half will immediately transport you back here, to the library, from anywhere within Gensokyo." Her face shifts into a harsh frown, all of a sudden. "They are quite expensive and time-consuming to create, despite their seemingly small and simple appearance... I would appreciate it if you did not get into a situation where you would end up having to use it any time soon, but..."
No, probably not a good idea.
>> No. 93906
>>93903
>>93905
Plus, Sakuya would probably know what just happened, and bring you back to her room from the Voile before you could get to Patchouli for help.
>> No. 93913
>"So." Remilia's voice and the sound of her placing her teacup on the small decorated plate assigned for such a purpose suddenly attract your attention.
>"What were you up to last night?" For a moment, you swear you could detect a dangerous glint in her eye

Yeah, vague responses and platitudes are not the way to go here. If she sees a flaw in your story she will exploit it in the way that is the most embarrassing for you.

>or maybe you're just imagining it because you're still nervous?

Fat chance. She knew we were up to something. Redirecting the source of information to an absent party (i.e., Patchouli) is what you should do. Patchy can stonewall Remilia; you cannot.

[x] "Well, I'll have to admit I didn't accept your invitation here entirely for social reasons. Rather, I was practicing my studies in the library. You see, the curriculum at my old school was quite remedial in some areas, and Miss Patchouli had graciously offered to tutor me."
[x] "As for dinner, unfortunately I was not aware of what time the meal was to be served, and my hostess left in a manner that precluded me asking."
[x] "And moreover I still cannot seem to navigate the architecture of the building reliably, splendid as it is."

Edited for 100% truth.

Also, be less preening; it makes it sound like you've something to hide, even to a person who isn't suspicious of you.
>> No. 93914
>>93906

In that case she would have run into Patchouli, who could have more easily have explained things. In fact, if she knew we had a card, she would immediately question Patchouli anyway as for why she gave it to us.
>> No. 93919
>>93913
I see no flaws. If she asks us what our favorite genres and titles are, we just tell her the truth. If she asks us what we know about the Voile, we give her vague information and leave it to the fact Patchouli is just too boring to give our full attention to.

Plus, we really are ashamed for missing a meal with them.
>> No. 93925
>>93913
>>[ ] "Well, I'll have to admit I didn't accept your invitation here entirely for social reasons. Rather, I was practicing my studies in the library. You see, the curriculum at my old school was quite remedial in some areas, and Miss Patchouli had graciously offered to tutor me."

How is that less vague? And I don't really consider being vague with the intent to deceive as the same as being honest. Worse yet, it makes it sound like Patchouli's lessons were the primary reason for our visit.

>>[ ] "As for dinner, unfortunately I was not aware of what time the meal was to be served, and my hostess left in a manner that precluded me asking."
>>[ ] "And moreover I still cannot seem to navigate the architecture of the building reliably, splendid as it is."

Though valid, pulling out alibis without so much as a proper apology seems wholly discourteous to our hosts. Besides, I have to agree with >>93919 in that, had we been aware of how late it was getting, we really would have gone looking for the sisters.

>>93919
>>leave it to the fact Patchouli is just too boring to give our full attention to.

I frowned at this.
>> No. 93932
[X]Tell the fucking truth: "I was developing mind powers with the assistance of Patchouli. I learned how to put desks on fire!"
>> No. 93933
>>93932
>I learned how to put desks on fire!

Oh yeah, can't forget the AWESOME face when saying this.
>> No. 93934
[+] "I had gone to the library to apologize to Ms. Patchouli for not returning a book she lent. While there she handed me a book that I *could* actually read, though I'm not sure it made as much sense as it should have. I didn't even notice time had past since I started reading until Sakuya interrupted me around one this morning! I don't know how that happened."
[+] "I'm sorry for missing dinner with you two last night. It was unforgivably rude of me."

Short, simple, and more or less everything that happened that did not include exploding candles and boulders.
>> No. 93935
[X]"I discovered on my own how to use mind powers a while back, and Patchouli decided to train me. I learned how to set desks on fire last night!"
>> No. 93938
>>93933
>"I think we're out of candles."

The candles already got exterminated, the desks are next.
>> No. 93953
>>93925
Patchouli in this story.

Because of the way she's described... You know...

I didn't mean it.
>> No. 93954
[x] "Ah, yes. I was discussing books with miss Patchouli. My favorite genres, some of the titles I've read, talking about the Voile - we really got into it. Before I knew it, it was already past midnight. Time flies when you're having fun." Give her a smile.
[x] "I'm sorry for missing dinner with you two last night. It was very rude of me. I should have at least informed you of where I was. I guess my head wasn't on straight."
>> No. 93957
Update might be late today; I need to find something to inspire/motivate me.
>> No. 93961
File 125268893257.jpg - (458.66KB , 700x750 , 2f5e14c83c85dad6c58f58afc4d717f5.jpg ) [iqdb]
93961
>>93957
Have some Remilia
>> No. 93963
File 125268922216.png - (1.48MB , 1100x1100 , 489065574ec59355f897ec0ebda020eb.png ) [iqdb]
93963
fangs
>> No. 93975
I think we should consider the possibility Remi dropped by our room last night as the reason for the question. Also, the guilt for having a party thrown for me based on a lie would weigh heavily on my soul. Are you prepared to accept Remi and Flan's presents? Apologies if this seems like moralfaggotry since it seems like we are in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation here in regards to telling to the truth. Steel yourselves either way.
>> No. 93977
>>93884
>and if you get in the way of keeping the place running like a well-oiled machine? Upsetting the balance I've so desperately spent years on achieving? I swear, if you make this mansion fall apart like the house of cards that it truly is behind the scenes, even if your own part in it is indirect, I will personally make sure you will be the first one crushed under the rubble."
Suddenly, ASSM flashbacks.

>If you really want to keep me constantly busy with you, then you could just do what a normal man would do - ask me out on a date sometime." >along with a tiny handful of more casual clothing pushed away to the side, looking extremely underused.
...I'm finding myself kind of sad about not pursuing a Sakuya route.
>> No. 93979
>>93977
>I'm finding myself kind of sad about not pursuing a Sakuya route.

Same here, like i said this Sakuya is really likeable.
But Flandre Route is just more tempting.
>> No. 93980
>>93977

The first part also sounds like SDM LA Sakuya (someone who's out to preserve the balance as well, but more extreme about it)
>> No. 93981
File 125270786359.jpg - (49.50KB , 480x706 , 262fa3853990bd575df2aace003f5838.jpg ) [iqdb]
93981
>>93975
>I think we should consider the possibility Remi dropped by our room last night
>> No. 93982
I think we ought to consider pursuing a Sakuya romance route, and a Flan BFF route. I feel more comfortable being Flan's big bro than being her lover. But that's just me.

Sadly.
>> No. 93984
>>93982

Yes, I to want to pursue a Best Fiance Forever route.
>> No. 93985
>>93982
>>93984
You are just fooling yourself here. It will be just another Remilia route again.
Mark my words Anon, mark my words.
>> No. 93987
>>93982

This is story where a romantic Flan route feels right (something not common in other stories)
>> No. 93989
>Either they are uneducated, or simply not ready for integration into human society
>you catch sight of another of your classmates - a green-haired girl with a frog-shaped hairpin and snake-shaped hair ornament...

Why is Sanae in high school again? I can understand Reimu and maybe Marisa, since they never had contact with the outside, but Sanae?

>Patchouli's description of vampires

No sparkly vampires? I'm disappointed.
>> No. 93990
>>93989
It is too late to go for Sanae, we did already choose our path.

Remilia
Flandre
Sakuya
Patchouli
Meiling
Fairy Maids

Choose one of them.
>> No. 93991
>>93990
Flandre, of course.
>> No. 93994
>>93990

More like

Remilia
Flandre
Sakuya
Patchouli (though this is pushing it)

but the two most likely things are Remi or Flan, and personally I'd like to aim for Flan since a relationship with Jin woudln't come off as creepy.

As for Remi? Who knows when a certain vampire hunting Anon comes by.

>>93989

Sanae was only in the last 1-2 years of high school when the shrine got moved, if anything she'd be considered third year.
>> No. 93995
File 125271663446.jpg - (372.91KB , 1008x949 , 3af2817d6937bb34061a0810265d4827.jpg ) [iqdb]
93995
"Ah, yes." Time for some convincing bullshit.
"I was discussing books with miss Patchouli. My favorite genres, some of the titles I've read, talking about the Voile - we really got into it. Before I knew it, it was already past midnight. Time flies when you're having fun." You try to give Remilia a casual smile; not all that easy with her accusative gaze drilling into you like that. Still, she seems at least partially placated by your answer, if still frowning just a tiny bit.
"I'm sorry for missing dinner with you two last night. It was very rude of me. I should have at least informed you of where I was. I guess my head wasn't on straight." You try to look as remorseful and apologetic as you can manage, making sad puppydog eyes at Remilia; either you've succeeded or she's grown bored with the subject, since she finally looks satisfied and resumes calmly drinking her tea.

"I see. And..." The now-empty teacup is placed back on the plate, and Remilia rests her hands in her lap; she still looks a little more serious than usual to you, though it's probably just because she didn't sleep well... Or, well, either that or it's magically your fault somehow. You seem to cause stuff to happen whereever you go, as if you were cursed or something.
"...did you let Patchy know it was your birthday today?" This again?

"Er, no..." In response to this, she glances to the side, muttering something silently under her breath.
"Sorry?"

"Nothing, nothing. Well, then!" Finally, that playfully determined facial expression you associate so closely with Remilia returns to her, filling you with relief; looks like the incident was resolved without any lives being lost and without Remilia finding out about anything. Now all you need to do is endure wearing a scarf in this hot weather; granted, it's not that bad, the material feels kind of good against your skin. And it does smell of Sakuya... You should have 'birthdays' more often, around here.
"I don't know about you, but I'm tired of being cooped up indoors for a while... What do you say we go for a stroll?"

"Hm, going to show me more of the garden, then?" That doesn't sound all too unpleasant; it was certainly one of the more beautiful spots you've ever been in your life; your heart bleeds for the gatekeeper-gardener, upon remembering the damage dealt to the impressive hedge maze.

"Actually, I was thinking of going out on the town. Mingle with some of the locals, and... do some shopping. Well, whatever can be done with the poor amount of variety available in this backwards little village." A trip through town? Well, that works too... You have two major goals today. One, don't let Remilia catch on to you having been bitten. Two... Patchouli taught you the basics of spell duels, but you recall her mentioning that one condition of loss is to run out of spellcards first. You'd better ask her about creating some of your own later today, right?
...what a strange thing to be thinking about. You're not even sure what a spellcard is meant to be, aside from being some sort of pre-packaged pattern of shiny projectiles one can spontaneously generate out of nowhere during one of these duels. How does that even work? It's all still a fair bit too complex for you, but... Well, if you can accept the concept of crushing things with your mind, you can accept the concept of creating your own spellcards. At least you think you can.

"Alright. So, how are we going to get there today? By boat again?"

"By boat, yes; the gate guard seems to have finally regained her senses today. I'll have to reprimand her for taking the day off yesterday without asking me for permission, of course..." Poor girl... You wonder about speaking up in the gate guard's defense, but decide you'd rather not continue throwing the workings of the Scarlet household into disarray. Not today, at least, not with your well-being in jeapordy. You try to calm your nerves by assuring yourself that Remilia seems to like you enough for her not to harm you in case the secret does come out, though this is only hollow encouragement. In any case, the girls change into something more suitable for the outdoors - meaning, Remilia dons yet another alternative outfit, while Flandre simply puts on some shoes. From what you can tell, the younger sister only has that one outfit and a pair of pajamas...

Once you exit the front doors of the mansion, however, you hear noises - the sound of two people arguing, a very familiar girl's voice, and a woman's voice who you identify as the gate guard. What was her name, again? Even your gracious host herself seems troubled by the ruckus audible from beyond the gate, rushing closer with that impossibly fast tiptoe-run of hers; suddenly, she holds out an arm towards Flandre and you, gesturing for you to approach but be quiet. Well, you had a lot of time to practice stealth earlier this morning, so you sneak on closer, Flandre following in your footsteps. It's easier for her, naturally.

Peering over the muchly shorter-than-you Remilia, you spot the gate guard in her usual green chinese dress thing - Oh, right, China was some sort of nickname for her, right? Doesn't sound like one she'd like herself, though - arguing with that blonde golden-eyed girl from your class with a delinquent's aura; Keine referred to her as 'miss Kirisame', didn't she? For some bizarre reason - or not? - she happens to be wearing what looks like some sort of halloween-esque witch outfit, with an apron tied in front. In any case, from China's reaction to her presence here, you get the feeling this girl isn't exactly a welcome sight to those of the Scarlet Devil mansion. This strikes you as somewhat odd, considering that girl seemed to be friends with Reimu, as Remilia and Reimu get along rather nicely. In any case, you do as you're told and try not to make any noise. And watch.

"...Look, do we have to go through this old routine every single time I come through here? Just let me in already..." A voice half-bored and half-playful, in a mildly irritating cocky undertone.

"And I keep telling you I'm not about to let YOU step one foot onto the territory of the mansion!" The blonde girl doesn't seem to pay much attention to the red-headed gateguard's protests, already casually walking towards the gate.
"Didn't you hear me? I told you to get lost!" And still, she stands defiant, blocking the girl's path with her body; this is met with a mildly frustrated gaze, only suitable for staring at a pesky insect or worm.

"Tsk. Could've saved yourself a lot of pain and hurt by just telling your boss I went over the gate like I normally do. Oh well, same old routine it is then..." The girl reaches into a pouch on her hip, producing what appears to be an octagonal block of wood. What could she possibly do with that thing? Well, probably a lot - this is Gensokyo, after all. Before you can start wondering whether or not you should duck and cover, the situation turns on its head: The Chinese gate guard takes a couple of inhumanly fast steps forward, grasping the witch girl by the wrist before she can do anything with the dangerous-looking paperweight.

"...Too close, today. Out of your element, aren't you?" The blonde girl can only swallow nervously, as the gate guard woman's face takes on a satisfied, cheerful grin - you want to close your eyes, yet it's over before you even know it. In one swift motion, almost too fast for the human eye to follow, she delivers an open palm thrust to the witch's chest, forceful enough to send her flying into the lake.

And skipping along the surface a good distance. No joke. In fact, she makes it all the way across the lake, crashing into a tree near the shore on the other side and slipping into unconsciousness. ...You need to remember never to piss off the gate guard. EVER. Regardless of your inner thoughts, an utterly astonished Remilia opens the gate and heads outside, slowly walking over to the guard who looks just as surprised as Remilia.

"...Meiling." Hearing her name - which you make sure to remember, this time - the guard turns to the lady of the mansion, suddenly losing her composure, unsure of whether she should bow or genuflect; so, she does both, one after the other.

"M-Mistress Remilia!" Down on one knee, her head hanged low, she looks like she's expecting a scolding... However, what actually happens is Remilia kneeling down to her level, gently taking Meiling's face between her hands and lifting up her gaze to look her in the eyes; then, she smiles.
"...Well. I knew I wasn't keeping you around for no reason. Good work, today." And with that, Remilia pulls the woman into a light hug; for a moment, you swear you could almost see tears welling up in Meiling's eyes as she, hesitantly, returns the hug with one arm.

"...Thank you. I am trying my best." Flandre and you feel somewhat out of place in this heartwarming scenario, though you suppose this was nice to experience; aside from the intimidating sight of Meiling sending a person across the lake with one hit. You'll be trying to get that image out of your head for quite a bit. After a brief, touching moment, Remilia stirs; springing up to her feet, she sends a somewhat nervous smile in your direction.

"...Meiling is really strong. Strongest in Gensokyo! Isn't that right, Meiling?" Meiling, while seeming to take a peculiar pleasure in her mistress calling her by her real name, looks just plain confused right now.

"Huh? Strongest? Me?" A poorly concealed kick hits her in the shin from underneath Remilia's long dress; you've noticed that the elder Scarlet sister's wardrobe doesn't tend to show a lot of leg, as opposed to the younger sister's much shorter skirt; not short to the point of trying to appear obviously seductive, mind you, yet you can't help but notice those slender pale legs of hers...

"Anyway! Do you have the boat prepared, Meiling?" The guard nods, and soon enough the four of you are enjoying a casual boat ride across the Misty Lake; you heard that name spoken by the villagers before, though it hardly seems that misty to you during the mornings. Must be a name attributed from a particular time of the year. Whatever - you dip your fingertips into the water, careful not to rock the boat or lean too far to one side, enjoying the cool feeling. Yes, you're still wearing the scarf, and it's still pretty damn hot, but it's not that bad. Besides, in some countries people would be begging for lingering summer temperatures like these, right? As you wallow in these meaningless thoughts, the boat eventually bumps into the shore of the lake; the witch girl is nowhere in sight. She must've come to and wandered off during the boat ride... that's a relief, since it means she's alive and well. Is she a youkai, or does sturdiness come over time when living in Gensokyo? You'd hope it's the latter, to be honest.

After waving goodbye to Meiling, the sisters and you head towards the village. You don't talk much along the way; Remilia still looks to be in a bit of a mood, not interested in much past idle small-talk about the weather and today's breakfast, and Flandre is being awfully quiet and avoiding your gaze. Gah, what a situation you've gotten yourself in... Maybe sleeping in Flandre's room that night wasn't such a good idea after all. Well, to hell with it - it felt good, aside from the biting. Probably. You wouldn't know, since you were asleep at the time, probably having naughty dreams related to you and Flandre sleeping in the same bed. Why do you only ever remember the weird nightmares and never the good dreams? Another question to ask Patchouli about when you head back.

The local villagers have mixed reactions to your presence; some avoid the sisters, others give Remilia polite greetings with varying degrees of sincerity; some give you dirty looks, others smile and congratulate you on making friends so fast. Flandre is mostly being ignored as if she were invisible, yet even she gets a smile and a hello from a small boy passing by, chasing his mischievous puppy; this certainly seems to brighten her mood, leading you to smile as well. The villagers here really are nice, aren't they? Even if they don't like something, they're at least tolerant about it. It's natural that your association with vampires would get mixed reactions from the local human population, after all, but most of them seem to be quite used to youkai visiting the village.

It doesn't take long for you to lose track of why you even came there in the first place, so Remilia just leads you around where she pleases, as is usual - as is expected, she heads for the more modern section of the village, equipped with electricity and other conveniences more closely associated with the outside world. Outside... Are you starting to think like an 'insider' now? What a joke.
Remilia leads you from location to location, a surprisingly modern café, a candy shop at her younger sibling's request, some sort of book store than turned out to have quite an extensive section of manga... By the time she seems to remember her original reasons for coming to the village were, it's already well past noon, and you appear to be in some sort of bizarre clothing store. Seriously, it's like something out of this world, extremely out of place in a technologically not-too-advanced Japanese village - the sheer variety of hats: They've got witch hats, poofy hats, bowler hats, caps, bonnets, hoods, headbands, masks, veils... Every single type of hat you could think of, they have something. It's impressive in a strange way, really. In the background, the sisters are by a changing room, taking turns trying on clothes and asking you for your opinion; not the worst way to spend time you've ever tried, honestly, as the view is usually pleasing to the eye. Flandre stumbles out of the changing room as you look over your shoulder, wearing what looks like a hoodie and... you can't tell if those are really baggy shorts, or some sort of skirt. The look is certainly very different.

"How do I look, sis?"

Remilia merely responds with a smirk and a thumbs-up, before glancing out of the window and jumping slightly. "Oh! I almost forgot, Flan - we were supposed to pay a visit to Kourindou." She glances about, spotting you a few feet off in the distance, marching over and poking you in the side, sharply.

"Ack! Don't do that!" Seriously, that shit is just annoying.

"Come on, we've got one more place to go! Or, heh... Were you going to buy something?"

"What, a hat? In this weather?"

"Tsk..." She actually seems disappointed for some reason. "Hats are a symbol of status and power in Gensokyo! Not merely practical articles of clothing, but accessories in their own right, as if medals of honor and testaments of one's power! She, who does not wear anything on her head, is a nobody!"

...

"...really?"

She promptly bursts into a cackling laughter. "No, silly. You really are naive at times, aren't you?" Well, it's hard to disbelieve things when you've seen all sorts of strange and impossible sights within your first week...
"Anyway... shall we be off?"



[] Just a sec - you think you're going to buy a hat, after all, status symbol or not.
-{} (What kind of hat would you like?)
[] Flan could use some new clothes... Do you have enough money on you? You feel like getting her a gift, regardless of how appropriate it is or isn't.
-{} (Got any specific outfit in mind?)
[] You're done. Let's go.
>> No. 93997
File 125271784238.jpg - (38.35KB , 322x600 , pimp.jpg ) [iqdb]
93997
[x] Just a sec - you think you're going to buy a hat, after all, status symbol or not.
-{x} Top hat, Monocle, Walking Cane and a black long Cape. (picture related)
[x] Flan could use some new clothes... Do you have enough money on you? You feel like getting her a gift, regardless of how appropriate it is or isn't.
-{x} Let her try on sexy underwear while Remilia is trying on clothes, busy.
[x] And let's not forget Remilia.
-{x} Find her some beautiful Summer clothes, she looks best in them.
>> No. 93999
[x] Just a sec - you think you're going to buy a hat, after all, status symbol or not.
-{x} basic baseball cap, if the store has such a thing.
[x] Flan could use some new clothes... Do you have enough money on you? You feel like getting her a gift, regardless of how appropriate it is or isn't.
-{x} White short seleve button up shirt (can use her old yellow tie with it), red pleated skirt if affordable.

Flan needs the clothes more, and the outfit i picked should look cute. As for the hat, basic hat for a basic guy.
>> No. 94002
[x] Just a sec - you think you're going to buy a hat, after all, status symbol or not.
-{x} A beret for a creative person like yourself.
[x] Flan could use some new clothes... Do you have enough money on you? You feel like getting her a gift, regardless of how appropriate it is or isn't.
-{x} White short sleeve button up shirt (can use her old yellow tie with it), red pleated skirt if affordable.

A nice beret to compliment our artsy self.
>> No. 94005
[x] Just a sec - you think you're going to buy a hat, after all, status symbol or not.
-{x} A Stetson Fedora for a middle class individual like yourself..
[x] Flan could use some new clothes... Do you have enough money on you? You feel like getting her a gift, regardless of how appropriate it is or isn't.
-{x} White short sleeve button up shirt (can use her old yellow tie with it), red pleated skirt if affordable.
>> No. 94007
[x] Just a sec - you think you're going to buy a hat, after all, status symbol or not.
-{x} A Stetson Fedora for a middle class individual like yourself..
[x] Flan could use some new clothes... Do you have enough money on you? You feel like getting her a gift, regardless of how appropriate it is or isn't.
-{x} White short sleeve button up shirt (can use her old yellow tie with it), red pleated skirt if affordable.

Unless it's green and you are dressed in camo, a beret just makes you look like a goddamn hipster. Fedoras are way cooler.
>> No. 94008
[+] You're done. Let's go.

Just because my mental image of Jin wouldn't work well with a hat.

Though, if we must have a hat, my vote is for
[+] Cabbie hat.

It's what ZUN would want.
>> No. 94010
[x] TOWER OF HATS.

Tarnish notte it's majesty.
>> No. 94011
[x] Just a sec - you think you're going to buy a hat, after all, status symbol or not.
-{x} A beret for a creative person like yourself.
[x] Flan could use some new clothes... Do you have enough money on you? You feel like getting her a gift, regardless of how appropriate it is or isn't.
-{x} White short sleeve button up shirt (can use her old yellow tie with it), red pleated skirt if affordable.
>> No. 94013
[x] Just a sec - you think you're going to buy a hat, after all, status symbol or not.
-{x} A Stetson Fedora for a middle class individual like yourself..
[x] Flan could use some new clothes... Do you have enough money on you? You feel like getting her a gift, regardless of how appropriate it is or isn't.
-{x} White short sleeve button up shirt (can use her old yellow tie with it), red pleated skirt if affordable.
>> No. 94014
File 125273413210.jpg - (7.19KB , 200x158 , meathat.jpg ) [iqdb]
94014
[X] Just a sec - you think you're going to buy a hat, after all, status symbol or not.
-{X} (MEAT HAT)

You'll always look neat in a hat made of meat!
>> No. 94015
File 12527381696.jpg - (189.65KB , 715x1093 , 1250210924039.jpg ) [iqdb]
94015
>>93982
>I think we ought to consider pursuing a Sakuya romance route, and a Flan BFF route.

This is exactly what I want. This Sakuya is amazing, and I can't see Flan that way.
>> No. 94017
[x] Just a sec - you think you're going to buy a hat, after all, status symbol or not.
-{x} A cycling helmet, doubtful it'll do much, but at least you might feel safer with a +1 defence modifier.
[x] Flan could use some new clothes... Do you have enough money on you? You feel like getting her a gift, regardless of how appropriate it is or isn't.
-{x} White short sleeve button up shirt (can use her old yellow tie with it), red pleated skirt if affordable.
>> No. 94019
[x] Just a sec - you think you're going to buy a hat, after all, status symbol or not.
-{x} Confederate/Union officer hat.
[x] Flan could use some new clothes... Do you have enough money on you? You feel like getting her a gift, regardless of how appropriate it is or isn't.
-{x} White short sleeve button up shirt (can use her old yellow tie with it), red pleated skirt if affordable.

Sound the revelry.
>> No. 94021
[x] Just a sec - you think you're going to buy a hat, after all, status symbol or not.
-{x} Oliver Twist hat.
[x] Flan could use some new clothes... Do you have enough money on you? You feel like getting her a gift, regardless of how appropriate it is or isn't.
-{x} White short sleeve button up shirt (can use her old yellow tie with it), red pleated skirt if affordable.
>> No. 94022
[x] Just a sec - you think you're going to buy a hat, after all, status symbol or not.
{x} A beret for a creative person like yourself.
[x] Flan could use some new clothes... Do you have enough money on you? You feel like getting her a gift, regardless of how appropriate it is or isn't.
{x} White short sleeve button up shirt (can use her old yellow tie with it), red pleated skirt if affordable.
>> No. 94023
[X] Just a sec - you think you're going to buy a hat, after all, status symbol or not.
-{X} A beret for a creative person like yourself.
[X] Flan could use some new clothes... Do you have enough money on you? You feel like getting her a gift, regardless of how appropriate it is or isn't.
-{X} White short sleeve button up shirt (can use her old yellow tie with it), red pleated skirt if affordable.
>> No. 94024
[x] Just a sec - you think you're going to buy a hat, after all, status symbol or not.
-{x} A beret for a creative person like yourself.
[x] Flan could use some new clothes... Do you have enough money on you? You feel like getting her a gift, regardless of how appropriate it is or isn't.
-{x} White short sleeve button up shirt (can use her old yellow tie with it), red pleated skirt if affordable.
>> No. 94031
File 125276337376.jpg - (229.54KB , 640x480 , fisherman's cap.jpg ) [iqdb]
94031
[x] Just a sec - you think you're going to buy a hat, after all, status symbol or not.
-{x} Wool fisherman's cap, with the red scarf it gives you a very working class chic.
[x] Flan could use some new clothes... Do you have enough money on you? You feel like getting her a gift, regardless of how appropriate it is or isn't.
-[x] That red and black-patterned zip-up, hooded sweatshirt, and the over-sized cargo shorts with a woven belt. A gray halter top or sleeveless pullover should provide some modesty.

The beret only if we're chain smoking cigarettes and yelling "merde!" all the time. We're the Perfectly Ordinary High School Student--we shouldn't be looking like the intelligentsia.

Flan's outfit is per the picture posted with this last update. If you're going to buy her new clothes, at least buy her something substantially different from what she's currently wearing. I'd like to see her in eclectic Harajuku fashion.
>> No. 94032
>>94031

This.

[x] Just a sec - you think you're going to buy a hat, after all, status symbol or not.
-{x} Wool fisherman's cap, with the red scarf it gives you a very working class chic.
[x] Flan could use some new clothes... Do you have enough money on you? You feel like getting her a gift, regardless of how appropriate it is or isn't.
-[x] That red and black-patterned zip-up, hooded sweatshirt, and the over-sized cargo shorts with a woven belt. A gray halter top or sleeveless pullover should provide some modesty.
>> No. 94033
Changing one of the beret votes to this:

[x] Just a sec - you think you're going to buy a hat, after all, status symbol or not.
-{x} Wool fisherman's cap, with the red scarf it gives you a very working class chic.
[x] Flan could use some new clothes... Do you have enough money on you? You feel like getting her a gift, regardless of how appropriate it is or isn't.
-[x] That red and black-patterned zip-up, hooded sweatshirt, and the over-sized cargo shorts with a woven belt. A gray halter top or sleeveless pullover should provide some modesty.
>> No. 94034
[x] Just a sec - you think you're going to buy a hat, after all, status symbol or not.
-{x} Wool fisherman's cap, with the red scarf it gives you a very working class chic.
[x] Flan could use some new clothes... Do you have enough money on you? You feel like getting her a gift, regardless of how appropriate it is or isn't.
-[x] That red and black-patterned zip-up, hooded sweatshirt, and the over-sized cargo shorts with a woven belt. A gray halter top or sleeveless pullover should provide some modesty.
>> No. 94035
[x] Just a sec - you think you're going to buy a hat, after all, status symbol or not.
-{x} Wool fisherman's cap, with the red scarf it gives you a very working class chic.
[x] Flan could use some new clothes... Do you have enough money on you? You feel like getting her a gift, regardless of how appropriate it is or isn't.
-[x] That red and black-patterned zip-up, hooded sweatshirt, and the over-sized cargo shorts with a woven belt. A gray halter top or sleeveless pullover should provide some modesty.
>> No. 94036
[x] Just a sec - you think you're going to buy a hat, after all, status symbol or not.
-{x} Wool fisherman's cap, with the red scarf it gives you a very working class chic.
[x] Flan could use some new clothes... Do you have enough money on you? You feel like getting her a gift, regardless of how appropriate it is or isn't.
-[x] That red and black-patterned zip-up, hooded sweatshirt, and the over-sized cargo shorts with a woven belt. A gray halter top or sleeveless pullover should provide some modesty.

Looking over this, the beret really does seem kind of hipster now that I think about it.
>> No. 94038
>>94003 here

Changing vote.

[0] Just a sec - you think you're going to buy a hat, after all, status symbol or not.
-{1} Wool fisherman's cap, with the red scarf it gives you a very working class chic.
[2] Flan could use some new clothes... Do you have enough money on you? You feel like getting her a gift, regardless of how appropriate it is or isn't.
-[3] That red and black-patterned zip-up, hooded sweatshirt, and the over-sized cargo shorts with a woven belt. A gray halter top or sleeveless pullover should provide some modesty.
>> No. 94039
[x] Just a sec - you think you're going to buy a hat, after all, status symbol or not.
-{x} Wool fisherman's cap, with the red scarf it gives you a very working class chic.
[x] Flan could use some new clothes... Do you have enough money on you? You feel like getting her a gift, regardless of how appropriate it is or isn't.
-[x] That red and black-patterned zip-up, hooded sweatshirt, and the over-sized cargo shorts with a woven belt. A gray halter top or sleeveless pullover should provide some modesty.

had voted for Oliver Twist hat but this is pretty much the same anyway
>> No. 94041
[x] Just a sec - you think you're going to buy a hat, after all, status symbol or not.
-{x} Wool fisherman's cap, with the red scarf it gives you a very working class chic.
[x] Flan could use some new clothes... Do you have enough money on you? You feel like getting her a gift, regardless of how appropriate it is or isn't.
-[x] That red and black-patterned zip-up, hooded sweatshirt, and the over-sized cargo shorts with a woven belt. A gray halter top or sleeveless pullover should provide some modesty.

I salute your fashion sense.
...Though, I'm not sure how impressed Remilia would be with chic of the "working class" variety. But, then again, screw her; we'd look good.
>> No. 94042
>>94031

I'll change the hat vote of mine but that's it.
>> No. 94043
>>93995
[X] Just a sec - you think you're going to buy a hat, after all, status symbol or not.
-{X} Wool fisherman's cap, with the red scarf it gives you a very working class chic.
[X] Flan could use some new clothes... Do you have enough money on you? You feel like getting her a gift, regardless of how appropriate it is or isn't.
-[X] That red and black-patterned zip-up, hooded sweatshirt, and the over-sized cargo shorts with a woven belt. A gray halter top or sleeveless pullover should provide some modesty.

Yes!
>> No. 94044
[x] Just a sec - you think you're going to buy a hat, after all, status symbol or not.
-{x} Wool fisherman's cap, with the red scarf it gives you a very working class chic.
[x] Flan could use some new clothes... Do you have enough money on you? You feel like getting her a gift, regardless of how appropriate it is or isn't.
-[x] That red and black-patterned zip-up, hooded sweatshirt, and the over-sized cargo shorts with a woven belt. A gray halter top or sleeveless pullover should provide some modesty.
>> No. 94045
>>94041
I think she'll be amused by the contrast.
>> No. 94048
>>94042

Stop that.
>> No. 94049
>>94048
>Wiseman!!R4LGOzMGWx
What did you expect?
>> No. 94061
>>94049

No, that's what I was referring to. He really needs to stop posting with his goddamn name. He's been told not to on multiple occasions. I don't care if he changes his vote ten times as long as he does that much.
>> No. 94065
>>94061
But then how will the faceless masses know the great and knowledgeable Wiseman is bequeathing unto them the fruits of his mighty genius?

>>94064
The difference is that Taisa and Serial ATA don't post in almost every single thread. Also, they aren't idiots. That helps.
>> No. 94070
>>94065

I don't mind the Wiseman. It'd be pretty obvious who he is even if he did post tripless.
>> No. 94072
>>94070

>>94064
>>Seesh... Is this better Lord Elitefaggot?

Yeah, I guess you're right.
>> No. 94074
everyone, I apologize for my outburst, and to Taisa, for mucking things up.

There were some good points proven, I learned alot.
>> No. 94075
I'd just prefer if he stopped making useless posts like:
>I'd choose that normally, but I'm not sure how much success would be had. If the tide changes I'll change my vote.
and
>I'll change the hat vote of mine but that's it.
If you want to change your vote then fucking change it, don't make a separate post just to announce it to everyone, we don't care. And stop explaining to people how things work around here, like in >>/border/18856 , you've been here for what, a month? "even of many touhou fans are lolicons"? What the fuck, man.
>> No. 94076
File 125280466620.jpg - (232.36KB , 1200x732 , a73afb5713f30eb51631a3d5d5199bcf.jpg ) [iqdb]
94076
"Alright, alright, just... give me five minutes, would you?" Your request is met with a not-at-all-concealed rolling of the eyes from Remilia, accompanied by a mild smirk as she shakes her head in resignation.

"Fine, fine, but you really shouldn't keep girls waiting. We'll just go on ahead if you take too long!" You nod affirmatively, waiting for the sisters to head out of the store. Neither of them actually bought anything - is that some sort of girl thing? Trying on clothes for fun, with no intention of actually buying them? Sure, it was actually fun to watch for the first ten minutes, but even that sort of thing gets old eventually.
You turn your attention back to one of the many, many hat racks in the impossible well-supplied store, and a certain one catches your eye - a wool fisherman's cap. You try it on just for laughs - fits like a... well, you'd say it fits like a glove, but you don't wear gloves on your head, do you? You're probably overthinking that idiom... Suffice to say, it's just the right size. Looking at yourself in an available mirror, you can't help but grin - it suits you rather well, especially combined with the red scarf. Gives you quite the working class chic, if you do say so yourself...

The hat barely costs anything - apparently they're having a huge sale on hats, slashing prices to ridiculous levels. As you flip through the cash in your wallet, you think back on Flandre's apparent lack of outfits to choose from; this needs to be rectified, pronto. Putting faith in your own sense of fashion after being encouraged by your awesome choice of headgear, you head over to the women's clothing section, browsing for something fitting... If you're going to be buying her clothing, you might as well go for something substantially different than what she normally wears, right?
Let's see... That red-and-black patterned zip-up hooded sweatshirt you saw her trying on earlier looked pretty awesome on her, and was decidedly 'different'. The pattern itself feels rather fitting for a little vampire girl, too. What could she wear under it, though... Ah, a grey halter top catches your eye. This'll work nicely. As for the bottom, you grab an oversized pair of cargo shorts and a woven belt. Utterly satisfied with your choices, you head over to the cashier and pay for the goods, leaving you nearly broke, but rather happy. The clothes, save for the hat which you keep on your head, are neatly packed into a paper bag, and you head out of the store.

Nope, no Remi or Flan anywhere in sight. To be fair, you didn't really check how long it took you to find and pick out those clothes for your little blonde vampire girl friend.
...Girl. Friend. You nearly chain those two separate words together in your head just now. Granted, you've slept in the same bed with her, you just bought her some clothes, and she told you in an admittedly vague sense that she 'likes' you. So... what are you to her? More importantly, what is she to you? A romantic interest, or the little sister you never had?

...

Well, now is not the time to be thinking such thoughts. They said they were going to Kourindou, right? You reckon you more-or-less remember the direction it was in, and start making your way there. A gust of wind picks up all of a sudden, bringing with it a refreshingly cool feeling in contrast to the usual heat; your scarf lightly billowing in the wind, you figure you must look pretty damn stylish and/or badass right now. Sure, that alone won't do any good for your survivability, but it's enough of a confidence booster that you're actually looking forward to continuing your lessons under Patchouli's guidance.
"Oh? Well, look who we have here!" Ah, a familiar, soothing voice, like that of a loving mother addressing her child. You turn around to face Keine Kamishirasawa, one of your highschool teachers, smiling at you warmly.
"Are we trying out a new look? It suits you quite well, if you don't mind me saying so. A handsome young man such as yourself shouldn't be afraid to accessorize!" Says the woman wearing a lunchbox-pagoda on her head. On the other hand, it does feel nice to have a member of the opposite sex casually compliment you on your appearance.

"T-thank you." You can't help but fumble with the cap a bit, adjusting it by the visor, provoking a soft chuckle from Keine.

"Ah... So, how are you doing? Oh, and I do hope I'm not interrupting you while you're in a hurry to get somewhere."

"No, er, well... Not in that much of a hurry, I was just trying to catch up with some friends."

"Ah!" She seems awfully pleased to hear this. "I'm so happy you're fitting in so well, already spending time with your new friends! You're referring to the Scarlet sisters, aren't you?" Is it that obvious already? Well, you have to be honest with yourself - you've been spending a lot of time with those two, in comparison to your interactions with the rest of the girls in the school.

"Well, yes, actually. They wanted to pay a visit to Kourindou."

"Ah. Do say hello to Rinnosuke from me if you see him, would you? But, as I was saying... I was terribly afraid you would have trouble becoming accepted amidst a school only consisting of girls, but you seem to be quite popular, no?"

"Heh, well, it's not like I get along that well with -everyone-..." You shudder a bit, thinking of Rumia.

"Ah, I see. Well, who knows? Whoever it is that you're not getting along with, I'm sure she'll come to be your friend once she gets to know you better." Another angelic smile; perhaps 'don't get along with' was a bit too light of a way of saying 'don't want to get eaten by', after all. Then again, telling Keine of what you've been through this week would probably be a worse idea, so you'll just let her live in her happy dream world; it sounds like a nice place, after all.
"Also... Have you done your homework for Monday?"

"...I'll get to it."

"Make sure you do." The sudden menacing undertone in your bipolar teacher's voice sends a chill running down your spine, which you try to conceal with a nervous smile.

"Ah, heh, heh, of course... Um... Out of curiosity, where were you going, miss Kamishirasawa?" A mouthful of a name to remember.

"Please, call me Keine - no need to be overly formal outside of school, now is there?" Your tongue is rather thankful for this. "Oh, and, I was just on my way to the bamboo forest to visit a friend of mine whom I haven't seen in a while. I'd... ask you to join me for the walk there if you had nothing to do and wished for company, but you have friends to get to, right?"

"Well, yeah."

The smile on her face widens slightly. "Then, don't let me keep you any longer. Have a nice Sunday! And do tell the girls I say hi, too." She bows, before heading off in the direction of the bamboo forest; you already know that people live in the wackiest places here in Gensokyo, so the surprise factor is lost on you.
"Oh, and... tell them I expect them to do their homework, too." The warm and scary, gentle and stern teacher gradually disappears between the crowds of villagers mingling around the village, vanishing from sight; discounting that distinctive hat bobbing up and down amidst peoples' heads. In any case, you turn the other way and start walking - Kourindou was in the direction of the Forest of Magic, right? It'd make sense for the girls to leave it as their last stop before heading back to the mansion, since it was on the way. Sure enough, by the time you reach the border of the village and the forest where the shop is located, the girls are already exiting. Both of them appear to be carrying packages of some sort - dear lord, they didn't.

"Hey; sorry for taking so long, I kinda lost track of time there."

"You do that a lot, don't you?" Remilia feigns an upset face, her amusement shining through brilliantly as her eyes aim upwards at your hat.
"...Oh? Quite the fashion statement there, I must say! While it does complement the scarf, it makes you look so... so..."

"...what? I kind of like it, myself. I feel it's very... me."

She snorts from stifling her laughter, her cheeks immediately flushing pink at such a spontaneously un-ladylike reaction.
"W-well! I would be lying if I said it didn't suit you." Her gaze descends to the paper bag in your hand.
"Hm? What's this, then? Bought yourself something more?"

"Actually, this-..." Come to think of it, casually blurting out that you spontaneously decided to buy her sister a new outfit doesn't seem like such a good idea at the time. These two would be so much easier to interact with if they weren't constantly with each other! While Remilia strikes you as a decidedly jealous type, you're pretty sure she has a respectable variety of wardrobe already. You'll just slip this to Flandre in secret later, or something...

"...yeah. Figured I'd treat myself." Not entirely a lie; a part of you harbors a strong desire to see Flandre wearing these, for varying reasons, not all of them necessarily pure. Remilia fixes you with a suspicious stare, as if she were trying to read your mind; can vampires do that? Probably not, considering how you've managed to deceive her more than once by now; not that that's a good thing, since one shouldn't deceive one's friends, but Remilia has this nasty habit of overreacting to anything that seems even mildly threatening, ranging from getting awfully close to her sister to finding out that she's been keeping her locked up in the basement. You try not to think on that last point right now, it would fill you with too many negative vibes towards Remilia; if you do end up confronting her on the subject some day in the future, you'd like to do it in a rational manner and hear her side of the story, first. Probably. You look to Flandre, who still seems to look upon her sister with respect and admiration in her eyes, despite all of this... The relationships behind the scenes in the Scarlet Devil household are indeed complex and difficult to understand.

"Well, then... Let's be off?"

"You, ah, need any help carrying that stuff?"

"How chivalrous of you. However, we'll have to decline your offer. You'd peep inside, and that wouldn't be any good at all! Would it, Flan?" The younger sister simply looks confused for a moment, before nodding eagerly, probably having no idea what she's actually agreeing with; you figure this is how it usually goes for these two in conversation, in any case. Remilia as the rather vocal lead, Flandre only speaking when spoken to, or to agree with her sister on everything. You engage in some further idle banter to test this theory, and the results seem to confirm it; by the time you finish chatting about meaningless things such as wondering what's for lunch today, you're by the lake again, presented with the sight of Meiling taking a nap in the boat. She couldn't possibly have been waiting here all this time, could she? With a soft sigh, Remilia walks on over to the slumbering gate guard, playfully slapping her on the cheek with her fingers.
"Wake up, you."

"Bwuh?" Meiling utters a startled noise upon being woken up, nearly rolling the boat over in the process.
"Oh! Is it time to go back already?" A nod from her mistress fill her eyes with dutiful determination, warning you in advance of the ensuing far-too-fast-for-comfort boat ride; it almost feels like riding some sort of sports motorboat. Meiling is, indeed, quite strong, whether or not Remilia was joking about the 'strongest in Gensokyo' comment earlier today. Fortunately, she remembers to slow down before the boat can crash into the island at high speed; you take care to hold onto the visor of your cap so it won't go flying off into the water.
"Scarlet Devil Mansion, last stop, everyone off!" Remilia doesn't seem particularly amused by Meiling's imitation of a bus driver, but you'd think noble-types abhor public transportation to begin with.

"Hm, it should be about lunch time... We spent quite a while in the village, didn't we? I suppose even that sort of place can have its entertainment values..."

"By the way, I bumped into miss Kamishirasawa. She asked me to say hi."

"...and?" It's as if she knew.

"...and that we should be sure to do our homework for Monday."

"Tsk, making her students think of such boring matters on the weekend... Well, ignoring that for the moment. You go on and wait for us in the dining room, we'll just go put these away and be right there."

"What are those, anyway?" You have a pretty good guess already, but...

"That would be telling." It was Flandre who said that, this time; Remilia responds with a playful smirk. Her mood seems to have improved splendidly since earlier today; Sakuya did say that the smile of her mistress is important to her, so you feel like you've done something right for a change. Well, whatever - if these two are going to be cryptic about what is or isn't inside those packages, let it be so. You have a feeling you'll find out later today.

"Oh, before we go, I'm just curious." Remilia looks from over her shoulder before heading inside.
"You going to be busy with anything in particular after lunch?"



[] "Yes." Gotta go ask Patchouli about those spellcards before any further unexpected distractions.
[] "No. Why do you ask?"
>> No. 94077
What the fuck, shit storm in my Flandre story?
Go take that shit to border, where no one the fuck cares.

[x] "No. Why do you ask?"
>> No. 94078
[x] "No. Why do you ask?"

We haven't had any time with Remi by herself for quite a while now.
>> No. 94080
[x] "No. Why do you ask?"
>> No. 94081
[X] "No. Why do you ask?"
>> No. 94082
[x] "No. Why do you ask?"
[x]If you get some time afterwards, be sure to thank Sakuya for believing in you.

She did help us out tremendously, and we didn't even get to thank her.
>> No. 94084
[X] "No. Why do you ask?"
>> No. 94087
[x] "No. Why do you ask?"
[x]If you get some time afterwards, be sure to thank Sakuya for believing in you.

sounds good.
>> No. 94089
[x] "Yes actually, but I can clear my schedule. Are you planning on doing something?"

By phrasing it this way, you let Remilia know you have things to be doing--possibly a prior engagement with someone else--but you're more interested in spending time with her (and by extension, Flandre) than with anyone or doing anything else in the mansion.

It's a subtle form of flattery; at the same time, it affirms that you're your own person.
>> No. 94092
>>94078

What are you talking about? We spent a goodly amount of time just recently sitting with her alone in the gardens, sketching her. It was splendid.

[X] "Yes." Gotta go ask Patchouli about those spellcards before any further unexpected distractions.
>> No. 94094
>>94089
Or just sound like a dick.
>> No. 94095
[X] "No. Why do you ask?"
>> No. 94096
>>94089
Really? Because it looks to me like it's telling a friend whose home you're visiting that you might be too busy to do something with them in their own home. Throw in how this friend has been led to believe it's your birthday, has apparently bought presents for you because of this, and most likely wants celebrate it with you, and it does seem kind of dickish to say you'll "clear your schedule" for them.

Keep in mind, Remilia believes it's your birthday. As far as she knows, you came over knowing it was your birthday, and for some reason did not choose to divulge that information. Now, however, the cat's out of the bag, as a friend and hostess she damn well expects to be able to celebrate it.
Doing anything to deprive her of that, especially after already snubbing her and her sister by skipping out on having dinner with them the night before, would likely not be acceptable to her. Heck, it might even be downright insulting.
>> No. 94097
File 125281737282.jpg - (280.92KB , 642x500 , bc4207bc166b0c37eb6ce0bd624a7ef4.jpg ) [iqdb]
94097
[x] "No. Why do you ask?"
>> No. 94098
>That red and black-patterned zip-up, hooded sweatshirt, and the over-sized cargo shorts with a woven belt. A gray halter top or sleeveless pullover should provide some modesty.

What is this, I don't even. This just makes her look like a fashion victim.
>> No. 94100
>>94098

I agree, but it seems the bulk of the other voters decide to go with the picture and their desire to see Flan in less cute yet more showy outfits. That or they're TWEWY players ran amok.

But it's in Taisa's hands on how things go from here regarding the outfit.
>> No. 94102
>>94098

She's a Touhou. She is a fashion victim practically by definition .

Regardless, If you don't think >>93995 is hot, you've got no business pretending to be a fashionista.
>> No. 94103
>>94098

it's like i'm really japanese ^_^
>> No. 94104
>>94102
>She's a Touhou. She is a fashion victim practically by definition .

The Touhous are classy girls.

What's pictured in >>93995 isn't exactly what we've ordered and the point is moot since Flan looks hot in anything. The problem is that our Flan is mild and meek and would look pretty damn absurd with that ensemble as opposed to the mischievous Flan picture there. Not to mention that what's hot in theory can still look stupid in practice.
>> No. 94106
>>94077
>>Go take that shit to border, where no one the fuck cares.

You mean /shrine/, right?
>> No. 94107
>>94106
>You mean /shrine/, right?

That place was good, but since YAF left it is just boring.
>> No. 94109
[X] "No. Why do you ask?"
>> No. 94110
>>94077
>>94106
You are both faggots.
>> No. 94113
[x] "No. Why do you ask?"
>> No. 94120
[X]"No. Why do you ask?"

/Shrine/ has shitstorms? Seems like the place is just snail paced. But maybe that's just me.
>> No. 94123
>>94120

Not really but it's an insulting towards what few running stories are in /shrine/ as to say "we don't care what happens there"

Shitstorms happen in various places (such as HLA due to fan wars, etc.)
>> No. 94125
>>94123
Thank you. This was exactly what I was feeling when I read those two posts earlier, and it just pissed me off.
"I hate those boards and never go there, therefore, nobody else cares what happens there or goes there, either."
I'll never understand why people don't visit every board. Never.
>> No. 94127
>>94125
Well, for example, I don't visit /border/ because I don't feel particularly interested in any of the characters involved there.
>> No. 94128
>>94125

Mix of laziness and opinions (since ever since YAF's implosion, /shrine/'s been on the slow side. The beef against /border/ seems mainly due to HLA and the fanwars that are in it, oddly ignoring Aria of Demons, another story running that seems well regarded)
.
>> No. 94137
>>94128
/shrine/ was always YAF's absolute domain. You can say whatever you want against him, but in the beginning he was just brilliant. A poor writer, but still good.
In the end he really lost it and went emo/psycho and you could literally destroy himself. I am not sure as to what exactly went on, because i don't go to IRC, but it was fun. He never ceased to entertain me with his faggotry. In the end, he is more known than HY.
>> No. 94139
>>94127
>>94137

I forgot about normal character preferences as well.

YAF was no doubt king of /shrine/ but what happened combined with Reimu's nature made /shrine/ a slow place. Still it or /border/ doesn't deserve to be dumping grounds.

He is more known than HY yes, but in a bad way; he's only second to Kira in terms of infamy.

But back on topic, it seems we're doing the right thing and going along with Remilia.
>> No. 94141
>>94110
>>94123
>>94125
>>94137
>>94139

LOLITROLLU
...and now I regret it.

Feel kinda bad for starting a shitstorm in Taisa's thread; he really doesn't deserve it.
>> No. 94146
File 125289239665.jpg - (40.05KB , 300x605 , Flandre Modern.jpg ) [iqdb]
94146
>>94104
>The problem is that our Flan is mild and meek

The meek and mild girl who went to town on Rumia because she threatened you? The meek and mild girl who bore a hole through a hedge maze to find you? The meek and mild girl who invited you to take a full gander at her while she's bathing, while brazenly telling you to treat her like an adult? The meek and mild girl who asks you to sleep with her, against her sister's wishes?
>> No. 94147
File 125289266019.jpg - (389.94KB , 800x1066 , 0c59a2e79b905f500e6be569e9271e4a.jpg ) [iqdb]
94147
>>94141
This is what happens when there are no updates.

Here, have a Flandre to see what we are aiming for.
>> No. 94151
>>94146

Those are exceptional cases, and that scene with the bath was a case of her not knowing any better.

but as we seen in the last scene, Flan isn't nearly the social butterfly Remilia is (in fact she just responds when spoken to)

It's just that when it comes to Jin, she acts up. And when she asked us, she wasn't doing so in a brazen way, but in a meek innocent way.

in short her personality isn't remotely like that of her sister's (which is confident and bold if a bit childish), but cute, naive, and a bit insightful.

In a rather showy outfit, she'd be embarrassed.

(yes I'm aiming for a Flan route)
>> No. 94152
File 125289821355.jpg - (187.32KB , 919x867 , Flandre Modern2.jpg ) [iqdb]
94152
>In a rather showy outfit, she'd be embarrassed.

She doesn't talk around her sister much because she is busy critically analyzing everything she says, like a child does in a conversation between grown-ups. You have to realize that Flandre isn't properly socialized. If she's reticent, it's because of ignorance, not modesty. When she's not worried about her sister judging her, she becomes very disinhibited.

Embarrassment is a learned emotion. Flandre has no frame of reference as to what is modest, showy, or simply couture. The singular act of Jin buying something for her means she'll love it, regardless of how tasteful it is.
>> No. 94153
>>94146
>The meek and mild girl who went to town on Rumia because she threatened you?

Emotional instability. Your first friend ever is getting choked by a stranger. You have superpowers, but no familiarity with the word "restraint" due to your upbringing. What do you do?

>The meek and mild girl who bore a hole through a hedge maze to find you?

Emotional instability coupled with superpowers again. When you're Flan, the world is made of paper maché. You can't claim that property damage is a reflection of her personality. Also, her motivation for steamrolling the hedge maze is out of irrational worry, rather than anything "unmeek".

>The meek and mild girl who invited you to take a full gander at her while she's bathing, while brazenly telling you to treat her like an adult?

She wants to be treated as an equal peer, not an adult. The bath scene is a better argument for my position, as it's proof of her naïveté and innocence.

>The meek and mild girl who asks you to sleep with her, against her sister's wishes?

Once again, it's an innocent wish. She's lonely, not horny.

It's like you've completely ignored her regular conduct up until this point. Try reading the story again. Hell, just reread the last update if you can't be bothered.
>> No. 94164
>>94153
Or she could be faking that innocence while actually knowing exactly what she's doing. And what it means.
>> No. 94165
>>94153

You have a very odd definition of 'meek' if it's compatible with 'emotional instability'. I think it's more to the point to assume the way Flandre acts when she's not around Remilia is more representative of her 'true' personality. However if you'd prefer to think of her as some kind of sheltered angel who is essentially untarnished, passive, and born yesterday, then there's nothing anyone can do to prove you wrong, as you've already decided to ignore her age and her present characterization.
>> No. 94167
>>94165

That's a nice point; but I think her real personality is on the curious side if innocent.

And that's always been the dual dyanamic with Flan, insanity and cuteness.
>> No. 94169
>no updates

I'm sick for the second day now, blarg. Feels like my head is full of sticky goop where my brain used to be. Sorry about that.

I'll write something up whenever I get a surge of clarity.
>> No. 94175
>>94165
>You have a very odd definition of 'meek' if it's compatible with 'emotional instability'.
Yes, because she's still meek and innocent 95% of the time and the unstable moments are episodic and mostly isolated. Her swings in mood tend to be much more pronounced and dangerous, but her overall character fits "mild and meek" pretty closely.


>I think it's more to the point to assume the way Flandre acts when she's not around Remilia is more representative of her 'true' personality.

She's still very innocent when she's alone with Jin, but admittedly does fit under >>94167 more closely. However, she's still nowhere near the empowered feminist (lol hyperbole) you seem to be showing her off as.


>However if you'd prefer to think of her as some kind of sheltered angel who is essentially untarnished, passive, and born yesterday,

She's been locked up for CENTURIES. There are fucking CHAINS attached to most of her furniture. She doesn't even know she's supposed to drink blood. Jin is pretty much her only close friend so far. She's too shy to start up her own club without said close friend's positive reinforcement. Her entire household is hiding her past from her. Etc.

Whether you like it or not, Flan is a very sheltered and isolated girl. She may not have been born yesterday, but she just went outside for the first time in ages a week or so ago.

>then there's nothing anyone can do to prove you wrong, as you've already decided to ignore her age and her present characterization.

Age does not translate into a mature personality. See Remilia and the whole host of other centuries-old Touhous.

I don't particularly enjoy our super-meek Flan either, and neither do many other people. We've been aiming to get her out of her shell and sister's shadow for quite a while now. We want her to be the amiable girl who loves to read and wants to make friends that we've seen glimpses of instead of the insecure and meek personality caused by her less-than-ideal upbringing.

Anyways, we're way off topic. I'll just state my original point in a blunter fashion: the clothes we bought look stupid and pretentious. Flan is not a TWEWY character.
>> No. 94176
>>94169
...and here it is: >>/at/2799

I'm so very sorry.
>> No. 94177
>>94175

I do agree quite well, even on the clothing point. They're unfitting to her personality.

On the bright side she might pull off major moe in it.
>> No. 94201
>>94177
>>I do agree quite well, even on the clothing point. They're unfitting to her personality

Well, yeah, but, I'm forced to ask:
Do we want Flandre to be shy and withdrawn? I thought that was something we were trying to help with.

And a change in wardrobe (or, rather, a wardrobe) doesn't seem that bad of a place to start. The outfit will make her stand out more. It might be a little bewildering for her, but we'll be there.
Besides, it can't be worse than the way people regarded her before.
>> No. 94204
>>94201
A change in wardrobe is fine, but I just wish the choice of wardrobe was less... stupid. Going from Victorians and frilly ribbons to Shibuyan and hoodies is not a productive or welcome change. Something more casual, girlish, and less ridiculously trendy would be better.

Flan stands out enough as she is (blonde hair, Christmas lights, bright red standard outfit, etc). We don't need to make her noticeable to the point of obnoxiousness.
>> No. 94211
>>Flan stands out enough as she is (blonde hair, Christmas lights, bright red standard outfit, etc).

In a setting shared with a girl with blue hair and chunks of ice hovering behind her, a girl with pink hair, feathery ears, and wings, and then there's, of course, Keine and her wonderful bento-pagoda?

Unless you're comparing her to ordinary humans, her physical characteristics aren't really all that different from most of the people at school. And there, it's not so much her appearance but her reputation and capacity for destruction should she ever snap that makes her stand out, I think.
>> No. 94212
>>94204

Yes and that's why I think the first suggested outfit was better, cute yet modest and normal.

I'm hoping that in the story Jin exchanges it for a more tasteful outfit.

To those who thought voting on that outfit was a good idea: That was bad and you should feel bad.
>> No. 94246
>>94212
That's, like, your opinion man.jpg

Anyway, you guys are drowning in a cup of water. What's the worst that could happen? Someone raping her? The incredible strong, 499 years vampire? Come on.
'sides, Taisa isn't Kira: we aren't gonna get screwed for a choice as insignificant as a gift.
>> No. 94258
Idiots confusing aesthetic scruples for moral failings.
>> No. 94265
ITT, arguments over how to dress up our loli.
>> No. 94266
File 125301319960.jpg - (385.17KB , 580x819 , 0eb8a7d9ac209112a0fd89e41dead048.jpg ) [iqdb]
94266
Everything from here >>94152

You lost me.
>> No. 94267
File 125301336681.jpg - (350.62KB , 800x1066 , 3cde9fe7f9ab68eff58e053022aef8ff.jpg ) [iqdb]
94267
Is it wrong if i don't want moe moe flan-chan and instead insane Flan, who will rape me and make me her plaything?
And maybe torture me slowly to death?
>> No. 94268
I feel just a tiny bit less like slowly dying today so I'll try to have an update up within the day.
>> No. 94293
>>94268

hooray!
>> No. 94307
File 125305773742.jpg - (491.40KB , 600x894 , 56f500a5f3f11d130f5b99edc6c93891.jpg ) [iqdb]
94307
"Well, no, it's not like I had anything planned in particular... Why do you ask?" While you had wanted to go bother Patchouli about further training before your schedule for the day was filled up by whatever nonsense Remilia has been planning based off Sakuya's somewhat inconvenient lie, you figure telling a friend whose home you're visiting that you might be too busy to do something with them in their own home would be, well... a dick move. You can understand why she'd ask you something like that, though - the place is rather huge, after all. The inside of the mansion (as opposed to the outside; you still can't figure out how that works) quite possibly reaches, if not surpasses the measurements of the human village itself. Heck, Patchouli's library alone just seems to go on forever, even though you know that's impossible.

It's impossible, right? Right?

In any case, your hostess graces you with a satisfied smile, albeit a rather mild one compare to her usual smug grins.
"Good. Because," Remilia replies in a suspiciously quiet, relaxed tone, "I want to talk to you about something. In private." Well... That can't necessarily be good. Regardless of this, you keep up your perfectly normal facial expression, doing your best not to hint at your inner nervousness. If she had anything horrible planned for you, she wouldn't have made such a big deal about the whole birthday charade, would she? You realize with resignation that you have no idea how a vampire's mind works, after all; what will be, will be, so you might as well just enjoy lunch. Some sort of strange meat which you can't identify, but the taste is just out of this world, as usual; the Scarlet Devil mansion ought to consider opening a restaurant, they'd make a fortune. Come to think of it, how does Remilia maintain her fortune? It's not as if she could've possible lived off some sort of family inheritance for five centuries, after all...

"So, Remi," you say between mouthfuls, "do you have any relatives living in Gensokyo? For example, I haven't seen your parents around them mansion... Do you and Flan really live here with just Patchouli and the maids?" Sure, you know her parents are probably long since dead, but she doesn't know you're aware of this.

"Hm. Do I have any living relatives? I wonder... Who knows!" A distinct tone of apathy is audible in her voice.
"But, who needs parental figures to begin with? Sakuya feeds me, does most of the cleaning and cooking, handles finances, helps me get dressed and undressed in the mornings and evenings~" She pauses for a moment, pressing her finger against her lower lip in thought. "And then there's Patchy, who keeps me company or annoys me with her constant tutoring... Yeah. I suppose they're the closest thing to a family that I've got, really." You decide not to press the subject any further than that, though you can't help but wonder how it was for these two young-looking girls to endure all these centuries of immortality; how long does it take for someone to get used to such a thing?

Soon enough, lunch is over, leaving you feeling rather full and more than satisfied in preparation for the imminent 'talk' with Remilia. It's probably nothing bad, right? Since, well, she doesn't know you were in Flandre's room. Or that you've got bite wounds on your neck. Or, well... You've been keeping a lot of things from Remilia. A feeling of slight worry lingers in your mind, wondering what her reaction would be if she found out you've been keeping her in the dark. Sure, she's be almost guaranteed to be upset, but would she be able to appreciate the fact that you've been their friend despite what they are? Heh, 'friend'... And you're so afraid of her, still. That's just not right.

"Well, thank you for the meal." As you say this and stand up from the table, you hear an immediate response from right behind you, startling you.

"You're very welcome. I do hope you found it enjoyable, good Sir." Sakuya casually proceeds to gather up the dishes, taking a moment to pull out a napkin and wipe it across the corner of your mouth before you can react or protest; she just smirks at you before grabbing Remilia and Flandre's plates as well. Remilia promptly stands up, adjusting her dress slightly before turning to you.

"Well, then... I'd have you accompany me to my room, for a bit."

"Isn't it somewhat early for that sort of thing, milady?"

"Tsk, the things you think about..." The maid retorts to her mistress's unamused reaction with nothing but a warm smile, before looking to you and winking; the message behind this wink eludes you, though she's probably just teasing both of you at this point. As you leave the dining room, you look over your shoulder to notice Flandre whispering something into Sakuya's ear.
Hm.
Ignoring that for now, you follow in the footsteps of your hostess through the winding hallways, noting how all the maids keep a respectful distance, bowing as low as their bodies will let them bend, taking care not to get in the way at all costs; whether this is out of respect, fear or both, you cannot tell, since the fairies look ridiculously timid all the time anyway. You reach the massive, overly complex doors to Remilia's master bedroom which you are already familiar with; the sound of the heavy doors shutting behind you isn't exactly encouraging, especially once Remilia turns to face you, crimson eyes locking onto yours with an ominous expression.

"Guess what I stumbled upon last night." You can't help but swallow; she couldn't possibly mean -that-, now could she? Exerting all available willpower, you keep yourself from breaking into trembling, sweaty fits of cowardice. You've got nothing to be afraid of, right? She could be talking about something else entirely. Even if she isn't, she'd just tell you how disappointed she is, right? Remilia wouldn't cause you physical harm for any reason, she's your friend. Right?

"I don't know... What did you stumble upon?"

"Go on, guess."

...

"Sakuya and Reimu having a disagreement in the library?" A smirk curls onto her face, before she bursts into a lighthearted chuckle, breaking the illusion of tension in the air, allowing you to sneak out a sigh of relief while she's distracted in her own amusement.
"No, I'm sad to say I missed that one... From what I heard from Sakuya, however, the situation was resolved in a fairly civil manner." The cuts, bruises, and missing bit of hair suggest otherwise, but perhaps the definition of 'civil' is different for these people than what you're used to. You wonder - what did Reimu look like after the situation was 'resolved'?
"Actually, I was bored after dinner, so I poked around and found something else you could, ahem, challenge me in... Interested in some sport, while the maids are preparing?"

"Preparing for what?"

"You'll see." Guess there's no getting around it.

"Well... Sure, why not?" It can't hurt, right? Besides, seeing Remilia smile does wonders for calming down your danger senses, and you've had more than enough stress for the day; best to save whatever mental fortitude you have remaining for today's training session. She promptly leads you over to her bed, upon which lay some items, one of which she picks up and presents to you.

A tennis racket.

-----------

"So," she says from the other side of the net - how did you not stumble upon this indoor tennis field while looking for Flandre earlier this morning? - bouncing the ball up and down for no truly practical reason you can think of, "I take it you've played this before?"

"Sure." Not that you're terribly good at tennis at all, but seeing Remilia finally wearing something that exposes her legs is totally worth it. Simple white shirt, white shorts (-really- short ones), sneakers. She actually managed to find a matching outfit for you that actually fits, although the shorts are thankfully not as skimpy. That competitive flare is back in her eyes, although the way she carries herself suggests you're at an obvious disadvantage once again. You'll need to challenge her to something you'd be good at, sometime; however, for the moment you're busy mentally preparing for her serve. Surely she wouldn't put her vampiric supernatural strength and agility to use, right? After all, that would defeat the purpose of the challenge... Come to think of it, it was still her that challenged you, wasn't it?

"Then, prepare yourself!" How overly dramatic. She throws the ball into the air above her, thwacking it with the racket and propelling it over to your side of the net; preparations be damned, you barely manage to hit it back, narrowly missing the net. Come to think of it, this is probably good practice for danmaku, too - sure, instead of trying to avoid several projectiles, you're running towards one, but the general idea is the same: focus, reflexes, reading into the intents of your foe and anticipating their attacks while trying to counter them.

-----------

You still lose most of the matches in the end, as was to be expected. While you're not exactly the scrawniest guy in the world, your stamina has its limits and Remilia's, well... doesn't seem to have any. At the very least, you seem to have given her a proper workout as well, even causing her to break a sweat. It still bruises your ego to be beaten by a girl barely over half your height, despite you being human and her being something more. What brings you out of your little world of thoughts is a sudden blindedness caused by being hit in the face with a towel.

"Go on, dry yourself off." A smug grin plastered over her face, she walks up to you, grasping your hand and shaking it. Quite the grip, there.
"That was... okay. I can tell sports aren't exactly your specialty, though." She tilts her head in a manner which you can't properly sense to be either mocking or inquisitive. "But then, you're more of an artsy type, aren't you? Perhaps I should request another portrait from you, sometime... And maybe provide you with some finer tools."

"Heh," you smirk back at her while wiping the sweat from your brow, "maybe next time I'll have you pose in the nude." Wait, crap, you said that out loud right now; your heart sinks for a brief moment, but bounces right back up as if by a bungee cord when her reaction is not one of disgust, but of... well, you're hoping it's amusement, but she almost looks intrigued.

"Really, now? What a bold proposal from a typical nice-guy such as yourself."

"Hey, it's every artist's dream to capture beauty on canvas; I'm not necessarily saying there's an ulterior motive to my proposal..." What the hell are you even talking about, shut up already goddamn.

"'Not necessarily'? Ohoho, you really are an interesting man, aren't you~" She can't help but chuckle at you, leaving you feeling somewhat embarrassed at the insane suggestion you just made; it probably sounded like just an excuse to see her naked. Which, well, wouldn't be a bad thing at all, come to think of it, but you're hoping her opinion of you hasn't changed for the worse because of this.
"Ah, haha, but... We ought to go take a quick shower; the preparations should be complete by now." Preparations? And just how long have you been playing tennis? What is it about this mansion that distorts your sense of time to such a degree? Ah well, a shower sounds good about now... As does another bad joke, while you're making yourself sound ridiculous anyway.

"You say that as if you're suggesting we go together, you know. A more lecherous man would take it as a hint." Regardless of how silly you look about now, it's still kind of fun to see her cracking up with wild laughter; she seems to be greatly amused by such audacity when it comes from you, as opposed to coming from Sakuya, for some reason - is it because she can't believe you'd mean something like that seriously? That'd be a bit of a disappointing thought, really...

It goes without saying that you do -not- have a kinky, steamy shared shower scene together in the end. Instead, you find yourself in the all-too-familiar guest bathroom, drying yourself off after having washed off most of the sweat and changing back into your normal clothes, leaving the tennis outfit in what you remember to be the dirty laundry hamper. Feeling refreshed! It's a little strange how you seem to frequent the path between the bathroom and dining room most often of all the countless rooms in the mansion - are the rest of them all guest rooms and staff rooms? - yet said path always feels a little different. Well, to be honest, it's not even that strange anymore; by now, you've got some sort of subconscious map of the building in your head, continually morphing here and there every so often. You can't quite explain it, but some things in Gensokyo are easier to cope with when left unexplained.

Upon entering the dining room, you're left dumbstruck. Where there was nothing before, there are now countless decorations of all sorts, and what seems to be the majority of the maids in the mansion all gathered up into the room, which, despite being rather large to begin with, is looking very crowded; as you enter, they squeal out in unison with a rather loud 'SURPRISE'. Above the table you usually eat behind, in the ceiling, hangs a banner with your name written on it; you're rather thankful that it doesn't say "Jin" on it. On a related note, you actually spot Patchouli in the distance, among other familiar faces - the library assistant (Koakuma was her name, right?), Sakuya, Meiling and the Scarlet sisters, Remilia having changed into what seems to be a rather festive party outfit, dark red in overall tone in a strong contrast to her usually light-colored clothing. The necktie and mini top hat make her look distractingly cute despite the haughty personality you know her for. This is all so very, very, very silly. Sakuya, what have you done..?

"Oh, hush now, you'll scare the poor boy off. Well!" Your overdressed hostess spreads her arms out in a magnificent gesture, beckoning you to approach despite your better judgment.
"So glad you could make it! Honestly, not telling me about your birthday in advance... I would have sent out invitations across all of Gensokyo! Instead, you'll have to settle for our small company for the day; but, as your hostess, I damn well expect to be able to celebrate such a grand event." Isn't a birthday celebration usually held for the person whose birthday it actually is, not for the host? Ah well. You allow yourself to be shown to your seat in resignation, and are presented with an overly fabulous cake which looks like it'd put even the most expensive wedding cakes to shame; not in terms of size, mind you, but the amount of work that must've gone into decorating it.

Suddenly, Remilia and the others glance in the direction of Patchouli, who had been busily reading a book and not paying attention to everyone else up until that moment.
"...What? I already refused."

"Come on, Patchy! You're the only one here without an accent!"

"Absolutely not."

"Pleeeease? Come on, do it for meeeee~"

"..." The wizard releases a silent sigh, placing a bookmark between the pages she was at and shutting the book, placing it aside for the moment as she stands up on those weak legs of hers. What's going on? She fixes you with a sharp glare for a moment, freezing the blood in your veins, before closing her eyes, as if in concentration. What's she going to...

"...Happy birthday to you..."

She's... singing. The 'Happy Birthday' song. Well, you can hardly call it a song if it only has four lines to it, yet she's singing it so very slowly, holding each syllable for several seconds, allowing you to fully appreciate how... how melodic her voice can sound. It's a shocking experience, leaving you utterly stunned in your seat, Patchouli's normally emotionless and monotonous voice being replaced by the harmonious voice of an angel; no, that's not right, it would put even angels to shame. She must be using magic to enhance her voice somehow, there's no other possible explanation for it..! Even her face seems more human somehow, radiating an aura of utter bliss...

Of course, the beauty and majesty of the situation is spoiled to some degree when she finishes the third line with '...dear Jin'.

"Huh? Jin?" Remilia turns to you, staring with wide eyes, as do the others. And the maids. Why are even the maids staring at you!? The pressure is overwhelming.
"Pffft. Hhahahah! Oh, oh my. Is that some sort of pet name you've given him, Patchy?"

"Indeed." She confirms it so casually! Not even a hint of embarrassment in her voice either! Remilia can't help but snort, stifling her giggles; Sakuya looks equally as amused, though showing restraint and sticking to an overtly jovial smirk, the corners of her mouth dragging further and further upwards. Flandre, on the other hand, simply seems confused and out of the loop; dear lord, you hope she doesn't start calling you by that ridiculous nickname from now on too.

"Well then - *snrk* - Jin. Blow out the candles and make a wish!" Yeah, yeah, you know the routine; you've had birthdays before, after all. Hm, what to wish for... Well, after deciding on something, you gather up a deep breath and blow; it's still a bit of a weird experience, having an extra birthday like this. A round of applause echoes from around you after the last of the flames are blown out; even the maids seem excited over the whole thing. Well, maybe it's not that bad after all; they don't seem to be afraid of you, for the moment, which is a welcome change. Whether they've finally grown used to you or the mistress threatened them into it, you'll never know.

You spend the next couple of hours going through a rather predictable series of events; Sakuya cuts the cake, handing some out for everyone. Well, by 'everyone' you mean you, the sisters, Patchy, and her assistant; at your insistence and Remilia's grudging approval, Sakuya helps herself to a piece as well, although she eats it on the go while continuing to serve you. You wonder if you should feel sorry for the woman, yet she never looks tired, never complains, taking her duty as if it were the most enjoyable activity she could think of. Maybe it is? Who knows... You ought to get to know her better, perhaps - maybe then you'd come to understand what goes on in her head.

Several servings of cake, other snacks and some admittedly fun party games later, Remilia claps her hands together, the sound of the velvety elbow-gloves slapping together commanding attention to her.
"And now, the part I'm sure our birthday boy was looking most forward to." She snaps her fingers, prompting two maids to rush over and present you with an extravagantly wrapped box. A feeling of guilt washes over you; she didn't, did she?
"Open it."

You do as you're told, revealing what appears to be wristwatch. And not just a wristwatch - a damn fine and damn expensive looking one, the strap being of unmistakably real leather, and the metal being unusually shiny... And something like THIS was for sale in Kourindou?
"Platinum. Crocodile leather. Gold details. Oh, but it's also waterproofed, naturally. I hope you don't find it too showy to wear; I did notice you having difficulty with telling the time." As you cradle the ridiculously expensive-looking timepiece in your hands, afraid to even scratch it, your generous hostess gazes upon you with a warm smile. Your name is engraved on the inner side.
"Go ahead, put it on." Sure, you have a watch already, but... Ah, to hell with it. You remove the old cheap piece of junk you picked up at a dime store somewhere a few years ago, trying on the exquisite gift you were given. Feels good, man.

"I... don't know what to say. You shouldn't have spent this much on me, really."

"Psh! Don't think I'm measuring our friendship with money. I just thought you'd make it look nice on yourself." She chuckles to herself idly, as a somewhat timid Flandre slinks past her, a clumsily wrapped present in her hands, which she offers to you without as much as a word at first; she seems rather uncertain, yet determined. Not wanting to disappoint the girl, you reluctantly accept the box; here's hoping she didn't spend some ludicrous amount of cash on you too.

It's... adorable, if a little unusual. You swear you've never seen a plushie of a bat before, of all creatures usually rendered into soft and huggable cartoony toys for children to cuddle in their sleep. It even has a smily-face on it, and two red buttons for eyes. On its chest is a small pink heart, with the phrase 'I love you' sewn into it with white string.

...

Okay that was probably there to begin with and she didn't notice when she bought it hahaha surely there's no deeper meaning to it at all no sir.

"...it's adorable. Thanks, Flan, I'll make sure to treasure this." You smile at her as warmly as you can, and her face immediately brightens up as if you had been the one to give her the present instead; you're not lying, either. This'll probably find its place by your bed from now on; regardless of how silly it'd be for a guy to sleep with a plushie, especially at your age, if it's from Flan it's okay. Besides, the amusingly appropriate choice of animal would remind you of her when you're home again.

"Well, let's keep the line moving, shall we?" Oh lord, more? Next up is Meiling; it comes to you that you've not really talked to her much at all, so you barely know the woman. Regardless of this, she looks upon you as if you were an old friend, and holds out what looks like... a piece of paper. Accepting it, you find it to be a handwritten coupon for 'Free Lessons In Tai Chi Chuan', with a smiley-face drawn under the writing.

"It's good for the mind, body, and soul. You'll find your inner balance, as well as improve your mood and health!" Her smile is somewhat nervous, hinting that the poor woman probably couldn't afford anything more tangible. While it sounds like an advertisement, you reckon you probably could use a boost to both your mind and body if you want to survive longer than a month in Gensokyo.

"Thanks, I probably might just take you up on the offer." She gives you a polite bow in response, before making way for... Patchouli? This ought to be good for laughs. Wordlessly, she hands you an object wrapped meticulously in paper, which you proceed to rip to shreds to uncover what is hidden inside. A strange, partially transparent crystal, the color of which you can't quite place; it seems to shift its color as you turn it around in the light, and it is attached to a silvery chain. If this is meant to be decorative, it strikes you as just a little bit too showy. However, her gaze suggests there's more to this trinket than meets the eye.
"Thank you."
A polite nod from the both of you, and she backs off again.

"Well then! Now that the presents have been given, was there any more of that delightful cake left?" Remilia's cheerful voice cuts through the silence left between you and Patchouli, restoring life to these silly festivities. She certainly seems to be enjoying the event the most of all.

"I believe Meiling has devoured most of it by now."

"Eeehhh? Meiling, do I need to give you a pay cut to cover for food expenses?"

"B-b-but mistress, I'm barely getting paid at all as it is..."

"Hah, lighten up, I was just joking! Looks like there's plenty left after all..."

---------

Damn, that was a lot of cake. And snacks. And party games. You feel pretty beat, though strangely... satisfied? It's weird, despite finding the whole situation utterly ridiculous and nonsensical at first, even you got into the mood in the end. More fun than your last few real birthdays, to be sure. As the maids scurry about, cleaning everything up, Patchouli wanders over to you, taking advantage of everyone else being distracted - Remilia is chatting about something with her sister, provoking laughs out of both of them, and Sakuya is coordinating the clean-up process.

"Now that the festivities have concluded... Shall we continue your training while the evening is young?" Her tone is hushed, almost a whisper. "I had intended give you a more in-depth explanation on spellcards, at least the bare minimum you would require to be able to defend yourself should you run into trouble on your own at any point in the near future..."



[] Sounds like a good idea.
-{} Be sure to let Remi and Flan to know where you're going to be this time, though.
[] Too tired, wanna go to bed early. Not like Rumia is going to ambush you after school tomorrow in an ironic twist of fate or anything.
>> No. 94308
>She chuckles to herself idly, as a somewhat timid Flandre slinks past her, a clumsily wrapped present in her hands, which she offers to you without as much as a word at first; she seems rather uncertain, yet determined. Not wanting to disappoint the girl, you reluctantly accept the box; here's hoping she didn't spend some ludicrous amount of cash on you too.

>It's... adorable, if a little unusual. You swear you've never seen a plushie of a bat before, of all creatures usually rendered into soft and huggable cartoony toys for children to cuddle in their sleep. It even has a smily-face on it, and two red buttons for eyes. On its chest is a small pink heart, with the phrase 'I love you' sewn into it with white string.

Oh god. Flan, you adorable thing you.

This is too much HNNNNNNGGHHHH for me. I think I'm gonna die.



[x] Sounds like a good idea.
-{x} Be sure to let Remi and Flan to know where you're going to be this time, though.
>> No. 94309
[x] Sounds like a good idea.
-{x} Be sure to let Remi and Flan to know where you're going to be this time, though.
>> No. 94310
[x] Sounds like a good idea.
-{x} Be sure to let Remi and Flan to know where you're going to be this time, though.

It's a good idea, better safe than sorry.

>>Oh god. Flan, you adorable thing you.

>>This is too much HNNNNNNGGHHHH for me. I think I'm gonna die.

I second, third, fourth and fifth these remarks!
>> No. 94313
[x] Sounds like a good idea.
-{x} Be sure to let Remi and Flan to know where you're going to be this time, though.
>> No. 94314
[X] Sounds like a good idea.
-{X} Be sure to let Remi and Flan to know where you're going to be this time, though.

Though informing them might make them curious about just what we're doing, having a repeat of the previous night where time got away from us would not be in our best interests.

Otherwise, you might want to consider asking Sakuya to pack some aspirin in with your lunch...
>> No. 94316
>On its chest is a small pink heart, with the phrase 'I love you' sewn into it with white string.

Oh god, Flandre Route here we go.

[x] Sounds like a good idea.
-{x} Be sure to let Remi and Flan to know where you're going to be this time, though.
>> No. 94317
[x] Sounds like a good idea.
-{x} Be sure to let Remi and Flan to know where you're going to be this time, though.


This update was made of d'awwww and HNNNNGGGGG
>> No. 94319
[x] Sounds like a good idea.
-{x} Be sure to let Remi and Flan to know where you're going to be this time, though.
-{x} Ask Patchouli about the crystal.
>> No. 94320
Question: Do we stand to gain anything by keeping Remilia in the dark about our awareness?
We should probably tell her soon, unless someone can think of a good reason not to.

I, myself, am not adverse to surprising her with our powers once we develop them a bit more...
>> No. 94322
>>94320
Well, for starters it might affect the dynamics of our relationship with her once she knew she no longer had to keep up appearances like she has been.

Considering the vast difference between this centuries-old girl of noble blood and the average, everyday human that we are, you could say that in accommodating our apparent lack of awareness regarding the truth of our situation that she is, in a way, lowering herself to interact with us on a level closer to our own.

Considering the type of person Remilia has shown herself to be, that's clearly not something she does very often. Even Keine remarked on it when questioning her abrupt absence from class that one day.

>>"Well then, please take good care of her... and make sure she studies hard. It would be a shame for her to remain a spoiled, uneducated girl, whose idea of social interaction is 'humoring the peasants', wouldn't you agree?" You don't answer, figuring that was a rhetorical question.
>>"It's not that I think badly of her, but... She has difficulties interacting with other people on an equal level, and I hope we - me, you, and the other students - can help her with this."

By keeping her in the dark about what we know, we are basically forcing her to get into the practice of dealing with someone who would normally be "beneath" her as something relatively closer to an "equal".

If forced to do it long enough, perhaps she might grow to better appreciate Jin as a person rather than as a brief amusement in centuries of life, or as her sister's chew-toy, and from that hopefully do the same in regards to dealing with others, as well.

Drop the ruse too soon, however, and that might go to waste. Or at the very least, make it a lot harder to accomplish.
>> No. 94324
>>94320
First we have to do something about Jin. Remilia scares him too much.
A good option would be to train him more and challenge Remilia and try to get a draw. I doubt that she can accept someone who is inferior in her eyes, neither do i think she would entrust Flandre to someone who she thinks is weak. Remilia just asked to be friends, we need to get those lessons from Meiling after all to build the body and mind. Due to Flan being who is she, Jin needs to get lots stronger to be with her.
It will not be easy, but the outcome will be well worth it.
>> No. 94325
>>Due to Flan being who is she, Jin needs to get lots stronger to be with her.

Due to Flan being who she is, Jin needs to track down an immortal and eat their damn liver.
>> No. 94326
>>94322

A very good point.

Remilia will likely be none too pleased when she inevitably learns that she's been manipulated, though. She's prideful, and won't take kindly to an explanation like "I didn't tell you because I wanted you to grow as a person". In such a scenario, we'd probably be better off with sticking to something like "I was worried things would change between us if I told you".

However, she does tend to respect those with strength, even especially in the case of humans. Our powers are far from developed at the moment, but if we can increase them enough, she might take it a little better, somehow. It would largely depend on when and how she learns we have them, but I think it could be worth a shot.

Either way, I'm with you.
>> No. 94327
>>94325
We can ask Sakuya for an immortal liver. There is nothing that she cannot accomplish.
>> No. 94345
File 125307564657.jpg - (916.54KB , 1065x1514 , queen_millennia_23.jpg ) [iqdb]
94345
Mokou's liver route is go.
>> No. 94350
File 125308154611.jpg - (188.55KB , 896x778 , 1209966729287.jpg ) [iqdb]
94350
>>94345
>> No. 94352
>>94324

Her lessons would be a great idea since it'd improve his usage of his powers, and perhaps reduce the backlash from using them.
>> No. 94353
[x] Sounds like a good idea.
-{x} Be sure to let Remi and Flan to know where you're going to be this time, though.
--{x} If questioned, just say that you are going to finish your conversation from yesterday.
-{x} Ask Patchouli about the crystal.
>> No. 94356
[x] Too tired, wanna go to bed early. Not like Rumia is going to ambush you after school tomorrow in an ironic twist of fate or anything.

SURELY, SURELY this is the real choice here, given by the statement within.

(Only picking this 'cause the other has been already voted enough to go on anyway)
>> No. 94361
[X] Nah, you got homework to complete, unless she's also offering a tutoring session.
>> No. 94366
>>94345

What's this from, by the way?
>> No. 94367
>>94361

FFFFFFFFF

Amending vote:

[x] Sounds like a good idea.
-{x} Be sure to let Remi and Flan to know where you're going to be this time, though.
--{x} If questioned, just say that you are going to finish your conversation from yesterday.
-{x} Ask Patchouli about the crystal.
-{x} Make sure you don't go too late; you need to finish your homework.
>> No. 94368
>>94366
>queen_millennia_23.jpg
Battletoads.
>> No. 94373
[X] Sounds like a good idea.
-{X} Be sure to let Remi and Flan to know where you're going to be this time, though.

>[] Too tired, wanna go to bed early. Not like Rumia is going to ambush you after school tomorrow in an ironic twist of fate or anything.
Smooooth.
>> No. 94374
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh9-PY5GD5E

Oh, don't mind me, just posting the best Flandre's theme remix in one of the best CYOAs in the entire imageboard.
>> No. 94382
[x] Sounds like a good idea.
-{x} Be sure to let Remi and Flan to know where you're going to be this time, though.
-{x} Ask Patchouli about the crystal.
>> No. 94386
File 125312897385.jpg - (803.93KB , 900x1260 , NSFW Image.jpg ) [iqdb]
94386
I really wanted to use this image.

----------

"Well," you send a passing glance towards your over-excited hostess and her charming little sister, "alright, sounds like a good idea... but, let me talk to Remi and Flan before we go, alright?" Your request is met with a somewhat annoyed frown, followed by a reluctant nod.

"Very well. I shall be waiting; do not take too long." You keep getting told that, don't you. As Patchouli is led away by her assistant, supported by her under one arm, you get up and move over to Remilia and Flandre, who still appear to be caught up in chattering in French, far too fast for you to make out any words, much less understand what they could possibly even be talking about to begin with. You politely wait a moment, until they finally notice you standing there.

"Oh, hi there!" She seems as excited as ever, even though the party's pretty much over. "Sorry, we didn't hear you, a-heheh; you been standing there long?"

"Not really. I just wanted to let you know I'm going to be in the library for a while."

"Oh? I'd never have pegged you as such a bookworm, to be quite honest... Ah well. Don't forget to say good night before bed, now.!

"Yeah! Because... It wouldn't be a good night otherwise." Fumbling with her side ponytail, the younger sister speaks up for once before retreating back into her sisters shadow, as if that were where she belongs.

"Oh, Flan, darling, you'll give the boy the wrong idea with lines like that." Both you and Flandre stay awkwardly silent while Remilia chuckles to herself.
"...what?"

"Nothing!" you say out in chorus with Flandre, voices just a tad bit too firm to be convincing, and you dash off out of the dining room.
"Well, I'll see you in a bit!" The last thing you see before the door shuts behind you is Flandre waving and Remilia cocking an eyebrow quizzically. Phew.

Finding the library doesn't take long this time. On the way there, you notice some maids still sprinting back and forth with dishes and cleaning tools, offering you childlike smiles and polite bows as you pass them by, occasionally stumbling over as a result of not looking where they're stepping. Why Remilia hired such clumsy fairies to be her maids is beyond you, but maybe she just keeps them around because they look cute in maid outfits. Who knows. Despite your developing sense of direction in this chaotic mansion, the depths of the library still look intimidating each time you enter. Patchouli really ought to put those handy 'You Are Here' type maps here and there, around the place. Just how in the heck are you going to-...

Before you can finish that thought, the doors slam shut behind you, a strange golden light washing over them the moment they close. Odd, but not the strangest thing you've seen lately, so it doesn't really spook you as much as it would have a week ago. Just as you begin to recall the path to Patchouli's little office-type place in the middle of the library, Patchouli's assistant appears from behind a bookcase off to the side, greeting you with a friendly smile and a respectful bow.
"Oh, hey there... Koakuma, was it?" A nod in response.
"I don't suppose you're here to take me to Patchouli... Are you?" Another nod, along with a soft smile; she offers you her hand. Not knowing any better, you accept it.

And blank out. Everything just goes... black. Blacker than black, as if you've fallen into a dream. Suddenly, voices! Soft, girly giggling, intermixed with the chuckle of a young woman. Straining yourself as if you were underwater, you turn around and oh my god. Remilia, Flandre, and Sakuya, in nothing but their underwear, gazing at you with ravenous eyes; Remilia licks her lips as Sakuya winks at you suggestively. They're on their hands and knees, giving you a generous view of Sakuya's cleavage, and... well, uh, Remi and Flan look nice too, in their own ways. Furthermore, they're slowly crawling towards you in a half-circle, and you feel yourself stuck between them an an invisible wall behind you. Wait, why are you sitting on the floor? You could swear you were standing just a moment ago...

More importantly, what's going on!? Why are they... just what are they... oh. Okay, now they've reached you, and they're touching you, three pairs of delicate female hands feeling you all over; they lean closer, taking in your scent, nuzzling you, slowly breathing onto your skin.

"Back off, ladies... As head of this household, I reserve the right to lay claim over this man's body." You could swear you just heard Remilia purr in your ear like a kitten.

"Ah, but milady... As your most trusted servant, it is my sworn duty to see if he is, mmm... adequate enough to meet your expectations... Only the best for my lady." Upon uttering this line, Sakuya nips at your earlobe in a playful manner.

"But, big sis, I wanna play too!" Adding fuel to the fire burning in your loins, a Flandre is added, excitedly rubbing her cheek against your groin. You feel like you're about to explode.

"Awh... Well, I suppose we'll just have to share him, won't we? Now, my dear boy... let's unleash that mighty weapon you've been hiding between your legs all this time." Aaaaaaa....

"Jin... Jin." Oh dear lord, Patchouli too!?

----------

"...Jin! Do snap out of it, will you? What a bother."

"Bwuh?" A dumb meaningless sound is all you manage to spit out, blinking in confusion as rhe familiar sight of the Voile repaints itself before your very eyes, and Patchouli's blank visage stares you right in the face. Oh, you're finally here.
"Koa. What have I told you about touching any males that find their way into the mansion?"

The library assistant merely responds with a shrug and a nervous smile, which you take to imply 'nothing at all'. Patchouli merely lets out one of her heavier sighs, instantly dragging down the mood of the immediate area to a significant degree, and touches your forehead with her middle finger. The haze before your eyes is lifted completely, and everything is perfectly clear once again.

"...What was that, just now? I saw..."

"I can imagine what you might have seen, rest assured of this; you need not explain it to me in detail. Koakuma is a succubus." A succubus? They're those female demons that rape men in their sleep, right?

...suddenly you feel very unsafe over the prospect of sleeping in the Scarlet Devil mansion for another night. And by 'unsafe' you mean 'strangely, inexplicably excited'. But enough about that, for now.

"I have dispelled the illusion she has cast upon you. Do not blame her, though; she causes this sort of thing passively, not willfully. Interaction with her can be difficult for those unequipped, unprepared and inexperienced."

"Huh... That's a damn shame..."

She furrows her eyebrows suspiciously. "You were not planning on interacting with my familiar, were you?"

"Eh? Of, of course not, don't be ridiculous... Uh... Familiar?"

"Indeed. Familiars, among other things, will be covered in today's lesson. I stress yet again that I shall be unable to get you to any significant level of power in merely a single weekend, although the first steps are both the easiest and the hardest; at the very least, I should be able to teach you how to cast your first handful of spellcards." Handful? Well, that sounds like more than you had expected, already. Thinking back on the magical avalanche Patchouli unleashed upon you yesterday, even the thought of creating a single pebble with the power of your mind alone seemed way out of your league.

"First, of course, I would have you study the book some more."

"Wait, I also wanted to ask you..." You pull the crystal out from the front of your shirt; you had worn it around your neck due to lacking any more appropriate location to put it for the time being, and it would've felt shameful to stuff such a thing in your pocket.

"...That, too, will be covered within today's lesson."

"Um, alright, I suppose... Say, who wrote this book anyway?"

"Who knows... The author is nameless. Some say he or she was a human who discovered the truth of one's self and the workings of the universe. Some say he or she discovered the one final truth of existence as a whole soon after finishing this book, and - as there was nothing more to learn - ceased to exist. Or ascended to a higher plane of existence. Or became a god. Who knows." Becoming a god? A bit too ambitious for your tastes, really... For now, you'd just like to figure out how to use your brain to suckerpunch man-eating little girls. Or, well, to defeat them in some sort of flashy organized duel involving bright lights and lots and lots of avoidance.

---------

Feeling as enlightened as ever, you tear yourself from the book, your eyes sliding back out from the inside of your skull; it's pretty bizarre when you realize you're doing something like that, which you normally see in horror movies involving possession and the like; don't be silly, it's not like some malevolent spirit residing in the book is possessing your body and force-feeding the mysteries of the universe into you, right? That's just ridiculous...

"Then, we should begin." You spend the next, uh, indeterminably long period of time discussing obscure philosophical and zen-esque questions; oh, wait, nevermind, it's about twenty minutes or so. This watch is pretty nice, really; just a little close to being a bit too bling-bling for your tastes, and perhaps a little beyond what a guy of your social status ought to be seen wearing, but it just barely walks that line, still keeping a rather stylishly utilitarian appearance to it. Wait, you're being distracted by shiny things again. What was Patchouli saying?

"...and that concludes one of the main theories of the potential effect of the mental on the physical, of the control the will has over the composition of the universe and reality as a whole, and the subjectivity of reality. Do you understand?"

"Yep."

"No, you do not. But I lack the time to properly educate you on the theoretical, so I suppose we should focus more upon the practical..." With that, she gets up from her seat with an agonized wheeze, preparing for yet another explanation.

"Spellcards. You need to create some of your own. I assure you, the first cast is always the most difficult; once you get a feel for them, they shall come to you instinctively, as if they were stored away in the back of your mind for later use. You might find it easier to comprehend if you think of them that way." You nod, not quite understanding how you're meant to 'cast' anything to begin with.
"The process itself is both simple and complicated... Simple in execution, complicated in design. A spellcard should have a complex pattern, although it must have a system to it so as to be possible to avoid. Designing an 'impossible' pattern is against proper danmaku rules. What is or is not impossible, however, is naturally subjective..." She pauses for a moment, caught up in a mild coughing fit.
"...Pardon me. As I was saying, you will likely not be able to focus your will into particularly dense or complex patterns to begin with; it would take some creativity to come up with a low-level spellcard that would still have the capacity to catch one's foe off guard."

"That's nice and all, but... How do I do it?"

"Oh? Think back on the phrases in the book. Will the pattern into reality from your mind." Hm, that simple? Well, here goes... You shut your eyes, thinking of a pattern... Swirly, shiny, kinda pretty to look at, but is it practical? You open your eyes and are nearly blinded by a flash of light, which immediately dissipates into nothing; once the bright after images fade from your sight, you are presented with a frowning Patchouli.

"A spellcard is not something you can improvise so easily. Take your time, think of a pattern, a theme, a system or mechanism for generating said pattern..."

"System? Mechanism?"

"Yes. Danmaku patterns may be generated in several ways. The most simple in design is simply willing the projectiles into existence, but it helps to have some sort of focusing device or technique, or a theme that you associate closely with yourself."

"...Could you give me some examples?"

"Well, many choose to, if you would pardon the expression, 'shoot' danmaku from their weapons or tools of their trade, either by channeling their power through said items or merely thinking of it in such a way in their minds, so as to make the generation easier. Familiarity breeds proficiency. Others still use Familiars - inanimate or sentient extensions of their power through which they may generate additional projectiles, or have said familiar act autonomously to provide supporting fire. However, Familiars are mostly used by more powerful and experienced beings.
As for themes, well... Youkai tend to have their spellcards themed after their own innate abilities. My own are themed around the natural elements. Youkai of darkness often like to toy with their foe's sight. For humans, a theme is not truly necessary at all, yet it may still make it easier for you if you have something you strongly associate yourself with."

Hm, this sounds trickier than you thought... A focusing device? A theme? A pattern? What's next, a color scheme? Honestly...

...wait. You have an idea. You stick your hand in your pocket, pulling out your sketchbook and pen, flipping the former open and taking the cap off the latter. Patchouli watches on from a distance, eyebrows raised in curiosity.
"...Hm. That may actually work." Of course it'll work. You've been dying to doodle for the entire week, so with this you can kill two birds with one stone. Brow furrowed with concentration, you focus, drawing a pattern of small bullets onto the sheet of paper...



[] (Write-in: A name, as well as a description of the pattern and general idea/mechanics behind your first spellcard; keep it detailed, yet simple - you're not quite EX-boss material.)
[] (Draw-in? Also works, as long as I get a general idea of what you have in mind.)
>> No. 94390
Not going to vote yet, just saying one thing:
For the people that just vote on other peoples' options, wait a little for this one. Let a few patterns be suggested, so we don't get a lot of votes for the first suggestion just because it was the first.
>> No. 94393
[x]Artist's sign: Empty Canvas

Fairly simple laser "strokes" that will progressively limit the canvas and "draw" shapes as the spellcard progresses, once it finishes "drawing" bullets "color" the drawing and then explode outwards.


Probably somebody can think of something better, but I tried to limit it to an entry level card.
>> No. 94395
Someone call ZUN, he has a job to do.
>> No. 94398
File 125313303770.jpg - (21.89KB , 480x360 , 0328291.jpg ) [iqdb]
94398
>>94393
>> No. 94400
This might be pushing it in terms of power, but...

[x] Music Box [Unending Chromatic Symphony]

http://www.touhou-project.com/tt/res/288.html

Putting our creative mind to work with something that could play to our strengths.
The idea is to generate an interesting/challenging pattern while using a (relatively) small amount of bullets.

The wheel alone would be too easy, so how about this: each time the pattern makes a tone (a part of the wheel crosses the line), we fire a single aimed shot. If multiple shots are fired simultaneously, it comes out as a spread, which fans out as it travels and is centered on the target's position. It'll force our opponent to keep on the move, greatly increasing their chances of running into a part of the wheel.

After we get better with using spellcards, maybe we can add a little homing to the aimed shots, make them bigger, or add some other form of hax.

Also, if anyone can think of a better name than "Music Box", that'd be good.
>> No. 94401
Baroque sing - Caravaggio's tenebrism:

Two white lasers that move quickly to the left and right of the target, 'breaking' a few seconds after in several black, small projectiles that follow the target in a broad, random fashion (Because, as we -TouhouProject-learned when fighting against Reimu, strong homing projectiles are only effective once, random patterns may caught you offguard the second, fourth or 51th time)
Since it's such a simple spellcard, with only two lasers at a time and a very vague sense of 'homing' I think it'd be fitting for an amateur like Jin.

By the way, 'Caravaggio's tenebrism' is a personal type of chiaroscuro, a baroque-origined art style that bases itself on strong color constrasts. Our guy is an art type, after all.
>> No. 94402
An idea for a player bomb

"Beginner's touch: Breaking wave"; basically a bomb that breaks apart all the projectiles into smaller ones; it's more a screen clear than a boss killer. (Based on his habit of breaking things with his mind)

Not so much any idea for his player shots.
>> No. 94403
>>94400
I like the pattern, but not sure on the name. Multi-coloured something perhaps?

RAAAAINBOWS
>> No. 94404
If we're making beginner cards, let's use the basics.

Shading Technique 「Cross-hatching」

Several lasers target the opponent and shoot in from behind them at a diagonal angle. The lasers linger, and a few moments later another batch of angled lasers come in more quickly, "piercing" through the first batch to form a series of crossed lasers. Where the second batch of lasers strikes the first, small, slow-moving bullets splinter out to pepper the areas not covered by the lasers. After a second or two, the "cross-hatching" disappears, and the process repeats itself slightly more quickly.

A very simple spell-card, but unique and surprising in that the initial projectiles come in from behind; remember that even Tokiko managed to strike Reimu using danmaku that came in from the rear. As time goes on, the card becomes more difficult to deal with, more and more small bullets filling up the area.

On higher difficulty levels, I would suggesting having four lasers make a box around the area as a sort of "art pad," but that might be a little much for now.
>> No. 94405
>>94400

Oh, and, it goes without saying that a more difficult version would have greater speed and/or more levels on the wheel (resulting in higher bullet density).
>> No. 94407
>>94402
>>Based on his habit of breaking things with his mind

Sounds like someone we know...

"THIS ROUTE. IT WAS MADE FOR ME!"
>> No. 94408
That faggotass IRC has developed a list of unbeatable spellcards for your perusal.

[ ] "Stack Sign [Collaborative Wave of Unfair Bullshit]"
Writer combines all the suggestions in this vote.

[ ] "Cheap Sign [Can't Dodge This]"
A bullet materializes over the opponent's hitbox.

[ ] Writefag Sign [Lazy Nigger]
The pattern is delayed by a week before it appears.

[ ] Fit of Insanity [Burn Everything]

[ ] End Sign [Lakeside Requiem]
>> No. 94449
>>94408
>[X] Writefag Sign [Lazy Nigger]
Even the strongest Youkai would forfeit the match after this piece of crap is summoned.
I mean, 1 week? DAMN
>> No. 94456
>>94449

It would have been better if it's a survival card that times out in seven minutes.
>> No. 94503
>>94456

A spell card that never ends?
>> No. 94519
> it's not like some malevolent spirit residing in the book is possessing your body and force-feeding the mysteries of the universe into you, right?

Poor Heather.

[X] Melodic Sign [Für Elise]

Yeah, a danmaku based on that little pretty music done by Beethoven. The bullets move accordingly to the music; this should make things easier to imagine. Now, the pattern...not too complicated.

A few bullets coming from below, making conlumns, increasing in number and size, as the music becomes louder. Like those meters in WMP.

Bullets being generated from the sides, picking up speed and increasing in number according to the rythm.
>> No. 94520
[x]Shading Technique 「Cross-hatching」
I like this.
>> No. 94522
[x]Shading Technique 「Cross-hatching」
>> No. 94523
>Spellcards based on music

They remind me, we should join the light music club when going back to school. Since, you know, we've neglected Jin his sessions of art (only once we didn't), and we promised Mystia tot each her how to play a guitar. Also, Jin would make a great Prismriver; he can even use an instrument by willing it!

And once Jin if leveled up enough times, he can play an entire orchestra during the festival.
>> No. 94525
>>Also, Jin would make a great Prismriver; he can even use an instrument by willing it!

Too bad all he seems to be good for is percussion.
>> No. 94538
>>94401
>Baroque sing - Caravaggio's tenebrism
My vote's on this one. Obscure (no pun intended) enough to be Touhouish, simple and good balanced for a beginner card.
>> No. 94554
File 12531584145.gif - (53.55KB , 410x348 , drawing_hands.gif ) [iqdb]
94554
[x] Shading Technique 「Cross-hatching」

Voting this because our theme should be drawing/painting. There's already Mystia and the Prismrivers for music, anyway.
>> No. 94560
[x] Shading Technique 「Cross-hatching」

Fits the character and leads itself readily to danmaku patterns.
>> No. 94562
[X] >>94401
>> No. 94563
[X] Shading Sign 「Cross-hatching」

A small alteration.
>> No. 94583
[X] Shading Sign 「Cross-hatching」
>> No. 94585
[X] Shading Sign 「Cross-hatching」
>> No. 94591
>>Shading Sign

This is dumb, and you should feel dumb.

[x] Shading Technique 「Cross-hatching」
>> No. 94597
[x] Shading Technique 「Cross-hatching」

I agree, there are lots of spellcards that don't use the word "sign". This can be our EASY MODO card, and later on, maybe we could make...

Normal: Shading Technique 「Chiaroscuro」
Hard: Impressionist Technique 「Pointillism」.
Lunatic: Cubism「Nude Descending a Staircase」?
>> No. 94600
Seems as though sketch-artist route is locked.
Not sure if want.
>> No. 94611
[x] Shading Technique 「Cross-hatching」
>> No. 94612
>Lunatic: Cubism「Nude Descending a Staircase」

The pattern will look like nude Remilia?
>> No. 94613
>>94612

>The pattern will look like nude Remilia?

... well...

>Cubism

... in a manner of speaking.
>> No. 94617
[x] Shading Technique 「Cross-hatching」
>> No. 94621
[x] Shading Technique 「Cross-hatching」
>> No. 94623
File 12532079313.jpg - (27.38KB , 242x400 , Duchamp_-_Nude_Descending_a_Staircase.jpg ) [iqdb]
94623
>>94612

Sure.
>> No. 94625
>>94623
Hot.
>> No. 94634
Getting uncomfortably close to autosage, so...

>>94633