[Return]
Archived thread

File 12523654636.jpg - (145.64KB , 1124x442 , a33f22adfc5225f11875f01f55bcad0f.jpg ) [iqdb]
93628 No. 93628
You gently hand the doll to the young girl, her face lights up as she grabs hold of it, quickly squealing as she hugs it to her face. The girl's mother ruffles her girl's hair before smiling at you.

"Thank you."

"Don't mention it, it was my pleasure. Dolls are always so much more..." you pause, thinking for the right word, "interesting to work with. Just restoring furniture can get rather dull."

She just smiles and nods, as she places a few wrinkled bills and coins on the counter, "I only wish I could pay you more..."

"Please, don't worry about it. I'm just glad to be able to help..." you slide the currency off the countertop, and place it in your pocket, "well, you two have a safe trip back home, alright?"

"Thank you, have a good night as well."

"Thank yoooou!" giggles the little girl happily, skipping away with her mother.

The door opens, a gust of chill night air rushing in, before you hear it slam shut. You rub your hands together for warmth as you lock the door. It had been rather cold lately and the fireplace barely warmed the store. It was a bit warmer upstairs though, so at least you could sleep somewhat comfortably. You walk into the back room, checking the notes plastered on the side of a storage cabinet, crossing off the doll from the list. The back room itself was where you did all your work, the walls were lined with storage cabinets - containing anything from wood to string - and here and there lay some furniture, or the odd niknack needing fixing.

You turn out the first floor lights before heading upstairs, the air warming slightly. In your room you take a book from the bookcase, before plopping yourself down on the bed. You weren't sure why you kept looking at this book all the time, it was something you had found when you arrived here. It was rather old, with a leather-made cover that you could barely feel out a single word on it, "Gensokyo".

The pages themselves looked like they were hand written, and judging from the change in handwriting throughout, it had been written by multiple hands. It seemed like the book was a rough draft for some sort of novel, although you weren't sure why there were multiple authors involved. The book talked about a land known as "Gensokyo", where humans and creatures known as "youkai" lived. From what you had read it seemed the youkai were like humans, but much more powerful and occasionally ate humans who strayed out from civilization.

It really sounded like a kid's fairy tale, well, aside from the eating of people. You cough and frown as you see the red stains now fresh on your sleeve, this cough had been growing rather bad as of late, but you hardly made enough money to live, let alone see a doctor. The coppery taste of blood in your mouth was nothing new, but it was sure discomforting, coughing up blood was never good.

Relaxing in bed, you open the book to where you had left off before the mother and daughter had arrive. You read peacefully, only interrupted by coughing fits, before you slowly drift off into sleep...

---

You frown as you look out the window, you can see nothing but thick fog all around. So now it was both cold and foggy, what a lovely combonation. After a quick bath, you get dressed, making sure to include a sweater, before making yourself a quick breakfast and eating it. The fog was so thick, you can hardly see more then a few feet outside, looked like a day of being stuck inside, not that you had any plans anyway.

To pass the time, you busy yourself with polishing an endtable, you're not sure how long you are working before you hear the door open. You leave the rag on the endtable, curiously walking out of the back room to see who could be here despite the weather. The door had been unlocked when you came downstairs, but you didn't really think anyone would come.

"Really is more simple then I had thought..." muttered the elegantly dressed blonde strolling into the shop.

"Excuse me..." you speak up, stepping around the counter.

The blonde's head snaps over in your direction, her eyes narrow a fraction before they light up. A smile appears on her face as she waves.

"Oh, hello there! Here I thought you might've still been asleep, quite the early bird aren't we?"

You can only stare at her. She's actually rather beautiful, but that wasn't why you were staring. It was her eyes. They were a very inhuman-looking gold, was she wearing some crazy kind of contacts? It occurs to you, she's still speaking.

"... normally I would be asleep right now, but I figured..." she trials off, frowning at you, "heeeey, were you even listening to me?"

"Ah, s-sorry..." you studder, shaking your head, "I was just distracted by your eyes, miss."

"Oh? Looking at my eyes, are we?" she giggles and winks, "I guess even humans find me attractive~."

Guess even humans...? What is with this woman?

"I didn't mean it like that... if you don't pardon me asking, what are you doing here? You're not someone I've seen here before, and I get very few customers to begin with."

"I just thought I should welcome the new human is all! Well, and to make sure everything went smoothly... accidents do happen sometimes, and I haven't had to move things around like this in a while."

"Move things...?" you frown at this obviously crazy woman, "What are you talking about?"

Now the woman frowns at you again, tilting her head to the side, "You mean you haven't noticed?"

"Noticed what...?"

"Well just look outside! That should've been your first clue."

You look out the front windows, again only greeted by the all-consuming fog.

"All I see is fog..."

"Fog? Really?" she frowns, rubbing her chin in thought, "Odd. Where did you put that book of yours?"

"Excuse me...?"

Suddenly you see a portion of her hand disappear into the air, you can hardly believe it! Then as soon as it vanished, it reappears, only this time it is grasping the book you were reading last night. You open and close your mouth a few times in shock.

"H-how did you...?" you ask weakly.

The blonde woman ignores you completely, opening the book and flipping through the pages. Eventually she slams it shut and tosses it aside, where it prompty vanishes. She walks towards you, and when she gets close, she uses the parasol in her hand as a cane and leans forward to stare at you.

"This might feel... unpleasent." she says, reaching a fingertip toward your forehead.

"What are you going to..."

She pokes you straight in the forehead and everything explodes into whiteness.

---

When you awaken, it feels like someone slammed a sledgehammer into your face, then ran your head through a tumbler, and then for good measure crushed it in a compactor. In short, you feel horrible beyond imagining. The moment of pain is intense, but brief, and before you know it, it is gone completely. You sit up and look around you, noting you're still in your home, but you don't see any sign of the...

"Oh. You're awake." spoke a voice from behind you.

You turn around and see the woman from before seated on the counter, she looks down at you lazily and yawns.

"Really, cutting so much into my sleeptime..."

"What did you do to me...?" you ask, slowly rising to your feet.

"Well, if I explained the specifics, you wouldn't understand. So I don't think I'll explain, since it'll just confuse you anyway~! Now then! Look out that window." the woman pointed behind you.

You frown at your question being thrown aside so casually, you crane your head to look behind you out the window. The fog is gone, instead replaced by a lush grassland, you can make out some mountains off in the distance, and you think you see an assortment of buildings not too far away. You blink and walk to stare out the window.

"This isn't..." you start.

"Nope, it sure isn't! Welcome..." the woman spreads her arms wide, "to Gensokyo~."

"Your kidding me, the place from that book? The 'magical land' where youkai roam..." you pause mid-sentence and look carefully at the woman before you.

"Go on~."

You remember from the book that youkai were very human-like, if not exactly like humans, in appearence but had superhuman abilites. They were also noted to dress rather uniquely, and this woman certainly fit the bill. The mind would rather not believe it but...

"You... you're a youkai, aren't you?"

"Seems you have been reading the book! So very proud of you~. Ahem, yes indeed I am. Yukari Yakumo, to be exact." the blonde youkai curtsies before you, "I'm not just any old youkai either, while you won't understand if I explained everything, lets just say I'm probably the only one who could bring you here. Safely anyway, if someone else did, they'd probably be gobbling you up!" she made chomping noises for effect.

"But... why? Why would you bring me here?"

"Well, that's a secret! But mainly..." Yukari pauses and frowns, "because I felt like it. Let's just say that. Well then! You've used up enough of my nap time, I think I will go take my leave now. Don't go leaving the village after night, would hate for you to get eaten on your first day here."

You open your mouth to speak, but before you can an odd thing happens. It's hard to describe, but you see the very air 'open' and a black void appears, within you can see red eyes, unimagineable amounts of them, but they all ignore you; Yukari meanwhile steps inside, the 'hole' closes and everything is normal. Well, except for somehow being in this Gensokyo.

You shake your head, there's no way this is real right? Must be just a dre- OW! Ok, ok not a dream, that pinch hurt. Well, guess you didn't have any work to do, none of your customers certainly live here. You walk to the door and open it, stepping outside into the fresh, warm air. You hear something hit the ground, and look down to see the book laying in front of you. On the front is a stickynote:

"Don't lose this! Remember, don't go leaving the area! ESPECIALLY after dark! - Love Yukari~"

Lacking any sort of backpack you guess you'll just need to carry it around in your hands. Well, here you are, in some foreign strange land... now what? You frown and decide to look at the book, it is about Gensokyo after all. When you flip the cover open, you notice a folded up piece of paper taped to the inside cover. When you remove it and open it, you notice it is a map of this area. It looks crudely drawn, but it gets the point across you suppose.

While it doesn't show a whole lot, it does reveal the collection of buildings in the distance as the "Human Village". Not a very fancy name at all. Guess it would be in your best interest to go ahead and explore this village.

---

Go to the Human Village and:
[ ] There's an inn on the map, maybe you can go there to gather information?
[ ] They have a school here? Maybe it won't be a bad place to visit.
[ ] There's a bunch of stores, wonder if they have any place that offers the same services as you? You will probably need money...
[ ] Who needs to go any one place? Just wander around and see what happens.

Inventory:
o "Gensokyo" book
o Map of the Human Village

Well, here we go. Going to try for daily updates depending on how quickly I adjust to my new wonky mid shift. Feel free to write-in if you want to get something from the house, you have no inventory limit exactly, but keep it reasonable since we don't have a backpack or anything like that.

Picture not related to anything.

>> No. 93630
[X] Finish reading the book. There might be some pressing information there.
[X] There's an inn on the map, maybe you can go there to gather information?
>> No. 93631
[x] There's a bunch of stores, wonder if they have any place that offers the same services as you? You will probably need money...

Job then Inn, then perhaps about a doctor.
(I wonder if that book mentions about a lunarian doctor who can treat nearly everything yet is willing to work out payment prices.)
>> No. 93633
[X] Finish reading the book. There might be some pressing information there.
[X] There's an inn on the map, maybe you can go there to gather information?
>> No. 93635
[JE] First orient yourself properly, namely, using some landmark that matches up on your map. Then, proceed to the nearest tea house to gather information there. The idea of an "inn" around these parts is likely of the Japanese Ryoukan variety. Unless the innkeeper is a habitual gossiper and loose with their lips, you're likely not going to learn much of anything.

Frankly, I'd prefer if the Protagonist remained terminally ill. Makes life so much more interesting, AKA The Beauty of the Human condition.
>> No. 93636
[x] Finish reading the book. There might be some pressing information there.
[x] There's an inn on the map, maybe you can go there to gather information?
>> No. 93651
[x] Finish reading the book. There might be some pressing information there.
[x] There's an inn on the map, maybe you can go there to gather information?
>> No. 93726
File 125244989918.jpg - (366.46KB , 768x1024 , 22b45f7e.jpg ) [iqdb]
93726
[X] Finish reading the book. There might be some pressing information there.
[X] There's an inn on the map, maybe you can go there to gather information?

You carefully fold up the map and place it in your pocket, then you turn your attention to the book. It was labeled "Gensokyo", so it must have some useful information in it, right? As you flip through the pages you had already read, a thought occurs to you. The reason the book was written in different hands probably meant you weren't the first human Yukari had randomly plopped into Gensokyo, and judging by the fact they didn't have the book... you cast that thought aside, no need to dwell on what fate may have befallen the previous holders, maybe they all just decided to settle down here?

Yeah, that must be it. For the first time you notice the majority of the book seems to be blank, the last entry in it is barely the half way point in the book. Most of the entries revolve around the youkai that live in this land, the previous owners have written in varying degrees of detail on their observations of them. The first author's last entry is something about 'testing' the strengths of youkai, and judging from later entries, you imagine they met a rather gruesome death. Reading about the varying superhuman abilites of youkai, and the fact they are much more active at night, only reinforces Yukari's advice to not wander around the wilderness at night - you had no desire to become youkai food.

As you start to walk towards the village, reading as you go, you find it interesting that even the Human Village has youkai. From what you can gather the village itself is a safe place, protected from the more violent youkai by youkai that live within or around the village. The book contains few details beyond the area around the village however, though you learn the mountains you can see off in the distance are simply called the 'Youkai Mountains'. Something the book mentions that isn't shown on the map is a location beyond the village called the 'Hakurei Shrine', from what you can gather someone lives up in that shrine and they are someone of great power and importance in Gensokyo. However, none of the authors have actually visited due to the fact the trial to the shrine is poor and youkai are known to lurk in the area.

Must not be a very popular shrine if you run the risk of getting eaten along the way... you carefully close the book and tuck it under your arm.

As you enter the village, you notice some of the villagers look at you oddly. When you look at their clothing, you can only imagine you stick out like a sore thumb, you do however notice some of the villagers do not look at you oddly - and they are ones wearing clothing more similar to ones you are used too. You could guess that the ones eyeing you strangely may be humans native to Gensokyo, while the others are humans from the outside 'world'. However, none of them make any attempt to confront you and you make your way to the inn without any mishap.

When you thought of an 'inn' you imagined the kind of thing you read about in fantasy novels, or see in video games. You hadn't really expected the sliding doors, tatami mats, the whole 'no shoes' thing, or the fact it was a rather expensive play to stay the night. Fortunantly you weren't here to stay the night (although this did confirm you were probably going to need a way to earn some money around here), but it also did mean the owner of the inn didn't pay as much attention to you as he probably should've.

After being ignored in lieu of 'paying customers' you decide to quit wasting your time here. Well, that had turn to be a big waste of time, you sigh and consider what to do next. You're so caught up in thinking, you don't notice the person walking in front of you and you end up bumping into them. Falling flat on your butt, you hear the person groan and mutter something about, "Watch where you're goin' ze.", and before you can get to your feet and offer to help them up... there's no one there.

Well that was... you pause. Something feels wrong, something feels missing. You frown, why do you get the feeling... then it occurs to you. You don't feel the usual weight of the book. That person had stolen the book! Quickly you turn around to see a figure dressed in an odd black outfit with a pointy hat, disappear into a building, remembering Yukari's words you run down the street and duck into the same building. You hope. It turns out to be a small shop, but you see no sign of the thief. When you ask the shopkeeper they lazily point upstairs, muttering something about, "That girl always gets in trouble."

When you go upstairs, you can see a door slightly ajar, and you can hear voices from within.

"I'm telling you, it's a special book!" says a female voice excitedly.

"Just because you think it's 'special', doesn't mean it is Marisa... besides, you say everything you 'find', is special." replies another female voice calmly.

"Quit bein' so stubborn! If you would just look, I'm sure you'd agree too!"

You can hear a sigh, followed by what sounds like pages being turned, you quietly creep closer to the door.

---

What to do...:
[ ] Slam the door open!
[ ] Quietly step inside.

How to confont the thief?:
[ ] Demand the book back.
[ ] Try to take it back without asking.
[ ] Ask for it back, politely.

Inventory:
o Map of the Human Village
>> No. 93727
[ ] Slam the door open!
[x] Quietly step inside.

How to confont the thief?:
[ ] Demand the book back.
[ ] Try to take it back without asking.
[x] Ask for it back, politely

The heroine seems to be a calm sort, and this method would cause Marisa's friend to back you up on the matter.
>> No. 93741
File 125246013072.jpg - (180.67KB , 600x538 , 1037815_m.jpg ) [iqdb]
93741
[x] Quietly step inside.
[x] Ask for it back, politely

Taking a deep breath you place a hand on the door, and quietly push it open, hoping to enter without the occupants realizing it. That plan goes out the window when the door creaks loudly as it swings open.

"Whose there?" snaps the other female voice.

You cautiously step into the room. Inside are two girls, one you make out as the thief, but the other is a stranger to you. Now that you don't see her off in the distance, the thief makes you think of the idea of a witch, one dressed in an odd black and white outfit but the hat looks a lot like the generic witch hat. The other girl has short blonde hair and is wearing a white and blue dress, you notice she's holding your book.

"Uhm... excuse me..." you manage to squeak out, as the two blonde girls stare at you, "would you mind returning that book?"

"Finders keepers!" taunted the witch, sticking her tongue out, "I found it so it's mine - "

The girl is cut off by the loud 'thwap' of a book being used as a blunt instrument of head hitting. She yelps out in pain, cringing as she falls to the floor clutching her head.

"I knew you stole this Marisa! You're not content just stealing Patchouli's books, you have to steal random books from people in the streets too!?"

"Ow, ow, ow, ow..." Marisa slowly rises to her feet, "Come on Alice, I didn't mean it o' course! I would've given it back ze! Ya didn't need ta go hittin' me in the head with the damn thing though!"

"Maybe it'll teach you to stop stealing things from people." replied Alice calmly, she turns to face you, holding the book out, "Here. Take it."

"T-thanks." you stammer out as you take back your book.

"Hmmmm... ya know, now that I take a look at ya, you don't seem like you're around from 'ere are you?" asked Marisa, suddenly walking up to examine you closely,

You reflexively lean back as Marisa's face nears your own, this of course only makes her lean forward more. Alice grabs the witch's shoulder and pulls her back, frowning.

"Stop invading people's personal space, can't you tell how uncomfortable that is?"

You hadn't noticed it earlier but when you saw her face closely, you noticed Marisa had the same eye color as Yukari... was she a youkai?

"Er, well, no I'm not... I actually just kind of... came here today."

"Came here?" Alice raises an eyebrow, "Humans don't usually come to Gensokyo of their own free will."

"Most don't come with a special book like that either..." added Marisa, eyeing you suspiciously,

"I'm telling you, it's just a normal book Marisa."

"Quit bein' stupid Alice! I know a normal book from a special one! And that one is definitely special ze!"

You can only assume the two must be decently acquianted, from the way they interact with one another, "Well, I didn't really come here on my own..."

"You had help then? That is even more unusual." now Alice is walking closer to look at you, "Usually humans only end up here because they outrun, or outsmart, the youkai that tried to eat them. For you to have help as you say..."

"Ya think it was Yukari?" offered Marisa,

"Yukari? Please, she's much too lazy to do something like that. Besides, it's morning, she's asleep right now."

"Well obviously Reimu couldn't have done it! And there was this new buildin' on the outskirts of the village when I came around, maybe it belongs to this newcomer?"

"You didn't think that may have been something important to tell me?" asked the short-haired blonde with a frown, "Well, I guess it may have been Yukari then, but why would she... no matter, it isn't important I suppose. I'm leaving now Marisa, I have better things to do."

With that she walks past you, you can hear her footsteps descending the staircase. This leaves you alone with the eccentric 'Marisa'.

"Riiiight, better things, just gonna go play with dolls or somethin' all day.." she shakes her head and sighs, "well then newcomer! I guess I should introduce myself, I'm Marisa. Pleased ta meetcha ze."

She extends out her hand, a big grin plastered on her face.

---

[ ] Shake her hand
- [ ] Introduce yourself (Give a name)
[ ] Don't shake her hand

Question: (Multiple choices allowed)
[ ] "Are you a youkai?"
[ ] "That girl, is she a friend of yours?"
[ ] Write-in

Inventory:
o Map of Human Village
o "Gensokyo" book

System:
> +Marisa Kirisame

I'd prefer some questions be written in, so I'll just give a few 'example' ones.
>> No. 93744
[ ] Shake her hand
- [ ] Introduce yourself (Reina Roots)

[x] "Are you a youkai?"
[x] "That girl, is she a friend of yours?"
[x] "Does this woman Yukari have purplish hair and blonde hair?
[x] "Why does she bring people over here?"
>> No. 93844
[X] Shake her hand
[X] Introduce yourself (Shannon Sheehy)

[X] "You said something about dolls?"
[X] "What do you see that's so special about this book?"
>> No. 93851
>>93744
[x] Shake her hand
- [x] Introduce yourself (Reina Roots)

[x] "Are you a youkai?"
[x] "That girl, is she a friend of yours?"
[x] "Does this woman Yukari have purplish hair and blonde hair?
[x] "Why does she bring people over here?"
>> No. 93853
I meant purpleish eyes and blonde hair; just to clear things up
>> No. 93855
>You can only stare at her. She's actually rather beautiful, but that wasn't why you were staring. It was her eyes. They were a very inhuman-looking gold, was she wearing some crazy kind of contacts? It occurs to you, she's still speaking.
>> No. 93891
>>93855

Yes; but purple is also a common eye color of Yukari's, and changing her eye color is a small thing for her to do.
>> No. 93902
>>93891

Yes, except I don't see why this character would know that.
>> No. 93907
>>93902

I was assuming that when the femanon met Yukari her eyes were purple at first.
>> No. 93908
Alright chance my vote to "Yellow eyes and blonde hair"
>> No. 93911
File 125262228826.jpg - (123.82KB , 568x700 , aas88.jpg ) [iqdb]
93911
[x] Shake her hand
- [x] Introduce yourself (Reina Roots)

[x] "Are you a youkai?"
[x] "That girl, is she a friend of yours?"
[x] "Does this woman Yukari have blonde hair and gold eyes?"
[x] "Why does she bring people over here?"

You reach your out your own hand and firmly grasp Marisa's, giving it a good shake.

"Nice to meet you Marisa. I'm Reina Roots."

The witch tilts her head to the side, "Reina Roots ze? What a funny name... well, you outsiders always have the oddest names I 'pose." she shrugs and picks up her broom from the corner of the room, resting it on her shoulder, "Well, I've got some time ta kill, you have anything you wanna ask me? Outsiders usually are pretty curious folk ze."

Well, you do have quite a few questions, so couldn't hurt to ask them.

"Well I guess I have to ask, are you a youkai?"

Marisa stares at you a moment, before laughing, she steps close and pats you on the back rather hard, "Me? Youkai? That's a new one I hafta say ze! Nothin' but a normal ol' human. Youkai usually wear some kinda fancy clothes, or you can just kinda tell. Though you're pretty new, so maybe you've just gotta hang around 'em a bit before you can just pick 'em out ze."

"W-well I just thought your eyes and all..." you shake your head, "Well, then that girl who here before..."

"Ya mean Alice? Well yeah, she's a youkai. She doesn't really act like one too much though, she's such a hermit. She lives up in the Forest of Magic, she's kinda my neighbor. You probably didn't notice, but she's a... puppeteer. Probably the best way to describe it ze."

"A puppeteer? She does puppet shows?" you ask, tilting your head to the side.

"Well, sometimes she does, but that wasn't really what I meant. She usually has Shanghai and Hourai, or one of 'em, with her all the time, dunno why she didn't bring 'em today. But she can control them, it's pretty interesting really, you can't usually ever make out the marionette strings on her fingers, so her dolls almost seem ta be livin' beings of their own ze."

"She a friend of yours then?"

"Well, suppose ya could say that. We've been through a few things together, I dunno if ya could tell that from our little meetin' though. She's pretty strange I tell ya ze..."

From the way the two interacted you assumed they knew each other pretty well, you usually don't just whack people with books if you don't know them. They kind of reminded you of an old married couple, arguing about things, but you guess the two just must be pretty close friends.

"Would you happen to know a youkai with blonde hair and go-"

"Ya mean Yukari? So you do know her! I knew Yukari must've had somethin' ta do with this..." she rubs her chin, "though, that opens up a whole new can o' worms. She's pretty lazy, so I wonder why she put forth all this effort... plus it's mornin'! I've never seen her awake durin' the day... did she ever mention why ze?"

"Not really no, she did mention the fact she'd rather be sleeping though..."

"Well... maybe she was bored, or somethin'. She's a strange one that's for sure. Strange, but she's definitely one o' the most powerful youkai alive..." Marisa shrugs her shoulders and walks to the window, sliding it open, "well then, got anymore questions Reina?"

"Well, I was just curious if you knew why Yukari brings people into Gensokyo..."

"Honestly? You'd hafta ask her really. I think she does it 'cause you outsiders tend to cause all kinda... interestin' situations 'round here. Even if ya just end up as a youkai munchie. I'm pretty sure she just does it for fun, or somethin'. That all ya gotta ze?"

"Ah, yeah. Thank you Marisa." you say, smiling at the thief.

"Ah, don't mention it Reina. I'd say come by and visit me sometime, but I'm pretty sure if the youkai don't gobble ya up, the plants probably will. I'll see ya around Reina, don't try to become youkai food ze."

With that Marisa hops out the window, you gasp and run over wondering what in the world could motivate someone to jump out of a second story window. Instead of seeing her on the ground, she's standing on top of the broom, grinning as it floats in the air. The witch laughs as she seats herself on the broom.

"Ya, we can fly 'round here if you know how to. Oi, that reminds me, you could try swinging by the Hakurei Shrine sometimes, couldn't hurt to go meet Reimu. Though stay on the paths, if ya see any youkai you could try screamin', Reimu might hear and save ya. Who knows." the witch shrugs, "I'll see ya around Reina, stay outta trouble!"

With that, the witch zips off into the skyline. You stand there, blinking in shock for a little while. This Gensokyo really was like a fairy tale, Marisa was a human and could fly? She really did seem like the mental image of a witch, flying away on that broom... you snap out of your daze and head back downstairs. The old man at the counter only glances up from reading a paper as you leave.

You look up at the sky and note the sun is starting to set, though you probably have quite some hours of sunlight left. Your stomach rumbles loudly. Maybe some food might be a good idea...

---

What to do?
[ ] Go back home and rummage up some food.
[ ] Looks like there's a ramen place over there, but you have no money... maybe you can work something out?
- [ ] What to do for money?
[ ] You can stave off hunger for now, maybe you could visit the Shrine?
[ ] You can eat later, go explore!
- [ ] Explore where?

Inventory:
o "Gensokyo" Book
o Map of Human Village

System:
> +Marisa Kirisame
>> No. 93949
[x] You can stave off hunger for now, maybe you could visit the Shrine?
-[x] As long as you're up there, you might as well see if there's anywhere to eat, too.

Mooching off Reimu.
It's like we really live in Gensokyo~
>> No. 93951
[x] You can stave off hunger for now, maybe you could visit the Shrine?
-[x] Perhaps Reimu might be willing to spare a bite to eat for a newcomer.


reworded to be more polite. the anon in this case seems to be less of a crass sort than Marisa.
>> No. 93960
File 125268728672.jpg - (267.81KB , 891x630 , aar35.jpg ) [iqdb]
93960
[x] You can stave off hunger for now, maybe you could visit the Shrine?
-[x] Perhaps Reimu might be willing to spare a bite to eat for a newcomer.

You had gone without food before, you could ignore hunger for a few more hours. The shrine Marisa mentioned seemed worth a visit, after all if Yukari felt like pointing it out on the map, it must be pretty important right? You ask someone for the general direction towards the shrine, and they point you towards the small forest nearby, you can barely make out what looks like a sort of red gate at the top of the hill overlooking the village. Curiously the villager seems perplexed as to why you would be visiting the shrine, but he assumes it's because you're "not from around here". He tells you to stick to the roads, like Marisa told you, and try to make it up before it got dark out.

When you start the trek up the hill, it seems easy enough. The path is rather clearly marked within the forest, and the footing is good. However, as you begin to ascend towards the shrine, you quickly notice the path must be in very poor upkeep. It doesn't take long before you are having to carefully step through twisted vines and avoid holes in the path, threatening to twist your ankle. You sure hope it's your imagination, but you're sure you've heard movement within the forest... you shrug the thought aside and pick up your pace, as the sun begins to dip even lower in the sky.

It doesn't take long to realize, this may have been a bad idea. The sun has set quicker then you realized, and it's becoming difficult to see the trail. The sounds in the forest are becoming more evident as well, and you can't help but look about you nervously, you swear you hear movement...

"Looks like a tasty morsel, doesn't it?"

You freeze and look about you wildly.

"It looks lost, doesn't it?"

You forget being careful and begin to dash as quickly as you can, stumbling over vines and roots. The voices seem to laugh and chuckle, not only that, but they seem to growing louder.

"Look at it run! Humans make such delicious treats... I say they taste the best when they're so full of fear like this..."

"It's like a delicious spice, isn't it? Fear just brings out the full flavor of human meat!"

Suddenly, a root gets the better of you, and you tumble head over heels. You slam, with a resounding thud, into the truck of a tree. Groaning, you manage to roll onto your back, weakly trying to sit up, despite the fact the world is spinning. You hear a branch crack, and whip your head in the direction of the sound, you can't see whatever it is, but something is hurling itself at you. In your position, there's no chance to do anything! Are you really just going to become youkai food!? With no hope of fight, or flight, you can only shut your eyes and scream.

...

But nothing happens. There's no pain. You cautiously open one eye.

"It isn't safe to travel at night." speaks a familiar female voice.

Standing in front of you is Marisa's friend from earlier, the 'puppeteer' as she called her, Alice. Laying not far from her feet, is the crumpled, smoking corpse of what looks like a wolf. You can hear the sound of rapid movement, but rather then growing louder, it grows fainter. You weakly rise to your feet, Alice offers her hand to help steady yourself, and you gratefully accept it.

"T-thank you." you gasp out, your breath still a bit uneasy.

"What are you doing out here anyway?" asks the puppeteer calmly, looking around into the forest, "Didn't anyone ever warn you about all the youkai?"

"Er, well, yeah they did but, I didn't think the shrine was so far off..."

Alice frowns, "It's a lot further then it looks. There's a reason people don't visit it often. I keep telling Reimu, if you want worshippers you need to maintain this path, and maybe go out on a patrol once in a while..."

She sighs and shakes her head, you notice her hand twitch ever so slightly, and you notice there's a small doll floating above her shoulder.

"It looks like they ran off. The youkai here are nothing but weaklings, they can't stand up to anyone with even a smidgen of power." Alice glances over to you, "Still want to head to the shrine? I'm going there myself."

You nod, "That'd be much appreciated, I don't think if I even turned back now if I would make it..."

"No, you probably wouldn't. Just follow me, and stay close." says Alice, turning away from you.

She holds out one hand, and a small glowing orb of light appears, casting a light around her. With the new found light source, it becomes much easier to avoid the various roots and vines. You don't hear the voices for the rest of the trip.



"You saw and didn't even come to help?" groans Alice, slumping her shoulders.

"I figured you had it under control." replied the brown-haired girl cooly, "You're not going to get eaten up by some random animals."

"Well I won't, but she might," Alice jabs her thumb in your direction, "she's just a normal human you know."

The girl dressed in a odd red-white uniform, peers at you as if seeing you for the first time, "Oh. Didn't see you there. Haven't seen you before... don't get a lot of visitors up here, so it's kinda easy to remember them."

"W-well, I was just told about this place, sort of, by Marisa so..."

"Marisa eh? She really should just offer to fly you here instead, but noooo, she has to tell you the way to walk here and risk getting gobbled up." the brunette sighs and shakes her head, "Well, whatever. Anyway, why are you even here Alice? You usually don't drop by here too often."

"Well, actually, I was just going to drop her off. I happened to be in the area, knew if she tried to keep walking, she'd just get eaten." Alice turns to face you, "So consider yourself lucky tonight. I'll be seeing you around Reimu."

"Yeah, yeah, bring something to donate next time..." mutters the girl dismissively.

Alice starts the long descend down the stairs, you're sure she can fly like Marisa, but seems she likes to walk sometimes. Probably good exercise. You look over at the brown-haired girl, who is looking back at you with a blank stare.

"So, why are you here?"

"Ah, well," you pause a moment to think, you never did think of an exact reason why, "I'm kind of new here, to Gensokyo I mean, so I figured I'd see what's around..."

"New to Gensokyo?" the girl tilts her head to the side and blinks, "Oh. You're an outsider. Guess that explains a lot. Well, whatever. Follow me, let's go speak inside, it's a bit warmer in there."

The red-white girl leads you into the shrine, she kicks her sandals off, and you remove your shoes at the entrance. When she takes a seat down at a small, low table, he notices your lack of shoes with a hint of amusement.

"Guess you do know some manners. Sooooo, uh, what can I do for you?" she picks a bowl of rice off the table and helps herself to some of it.

"Uhm, actually, if you happen to be eating..." you start, before you're interrupted by the rumble of your stomach.

In all the 'excitement', your hunger had been set aside. Now that the danger was gone...

"Hmph. I see." she frowns and gets up, wandering off, she returns with a bowl of rice, "Hope you weren't expecting any real food."

You thank her for the bowl and help yourself to the rice within, it does little to dull your hunger, and it doesn't even taste all that great... coming here for food, probably wasn't the best idea.

"Well, besides that, what did you want?"

---

Miko time! (Multiple)
[ ] Introduce yourself
- [ ] Shake her hand
- [ ] Give your name
[ ] Ask questions about Gensokyo
- [ ] Pick some questions!
[ ] Ask if she might be able to help you get home.

Inventory:
o Map of the Human Village
o "Gensokyo" book

System:
> Clothes became dirty.
>> No. 93962
[x] Introduce yourself
- [X] Shake her hand
- [x] Give your name
[x] Ask questions about Gensokyo
- [x] Show her the book and ask more about Gesnokyo in general
- [x] Ask about her role in things
[x] Ask if she might be able to help you get home.

I'm sure others can improve this.
>> No. 93965
[x] Introduce yourself
- [X] Shake her hand
- [x] Give your name
[x] Ask questions about Gensokyo
- [x] Show her the book and ask more about Gesnokyo in general
- [x] Ask about her role in things
[x] Ask if she might be able to help you get home.
>> No. 93986
[X] Introduce yourself
- [ ] Shake her hand
- [X] Give your name
[X] Ask questions about Gensokyo
- [X] Pick some questions!
[X] Ask if she might be able to help you get home.

Inventory:
o Map of the Human Village
o "Gensokyo" book
>> No. 93992
File 125271427243.jpg - (159.46KB , 850x856 , sample-d7f350ca4f5bca1c6411a6d662093ada.jpg ) [iqdb]
93992
[x] Introduce yourself
- [X] Shake her hand
- [x] Give your name
[x] Ask questions about Gensokyo
- [x] Show her the book and ask more about Gensokyo in general
- [x] Ask about her role in things
[x] Ask if she might be able to help you get home.

"Well, like I said, I was just kind of exploring. Figured I may as well get to see the area, and know some people?"

The red-white cocks her head to the side, "Hm. I see. You outsiders are strange folk."

"I, suppose... but ah, I'm Reina. Reina Roots, and I guess you are Reimu?" you ask, extending your hand.

"Yeah, Reimu Hakurei." she glances down at your hand and reaches over to give it a shake, "You have a funny name, you know that?"

"So I've been told, haha..." you finished eating your bowl of rice and set it aside, "do you mind if I ask you some questions, Reimu?"

"Questions? Well, sure, whatever. Just keep it reasonable."

You fetch your book from under your arm, and hold it out for Reimu. She looks down at it before getting the cue, she takes it and flips open the cover.

"I got that when I came here, any idea what..." you start to say.

"It's just a blank book, why did ya need someone to look at it?" asks Reimu with a frown, tossing the book back at you.

You quickly open the book and, sure enough, there's still writing in it. That's odd, maybe Reimu was just lying to you? But she didn't really have anything to gain from it... well, guess that would have to be a mystery for now. Reimu didn't seem to be in the best of moods tonight.

"Uhm, well, what can you tell me about Gensokyo?"

"It's full of youkai that'll gobble you up!" Reimu slams her hand on the table to emphasize her point, until she grins and just laughs, "Naw, not really. Well, ok yeah, there's a lot of youkai, and they will eat you if they're hungry but... they're not all out to eat you. Usually if you just leave them alone, they'll leave you alone. That or you could challenge them to danmaku or something, they won't eat you then if you don't agree to it."

"Danmaku? What's that?"

"You don't know what danmaku is!? Didn't you see Alice fight off those youkai?" asks the miko, looking at you in surprise.

"Er, well, I kind of had my eyes shut... thinking I was about to get eaten so, uhm..."

"Oh. Well, guess you missed it. It's something you really need to show, but... I guess in a nutshell it's a formalized duel between two combatants. It's how we usually solve things around here, all the youkai can do danmaku and the native humans here can do it too. You outsiders though, I've not really seen any of you able to pick up danmaku. Then again, most of you just disappear, so eh." she shrugs and sets her empty bowl aside.

"Maybe you'll have to show me sometime?" you ask, Reimu merely shrugs in response, "Well, how about you Reimu? I mean, this shrine has your family name, and people seem to know you..."

"Well, this is my family's shrine. Though I'm the last Hakurei. I don't feel like explaining it in detail but, we, the Hakurei that is, kind of just serve as protectors. Whenever bad stuff is going in Gensokyo, I'm the one people bug to go fix it. Then they go and don't even thank me with donations or anything..." she groans and shakes her head, "it's a thankless job, let me tell you."

Reimu peers outside, noting the moon hanging high in the sky, "It's pretty dark out, you aren't planning to walk back to... wherever you live?"

Remembering your previous experience in the woods, that didn't sound like a good idea in the slightest.

"I don't think I'd probablu survive that trip..."

"You wouldn't, something would eat you along the way." the girl sighs and gets to her feet, "Come on Reina, I'll take you home. Can't have another freeloader living in this shrine..."



Flying was... different. You were worried the whole way through Reimu might just drop you (not that you thought you were very heavy, of course!) but it turned out to be rather uneventful. You tried to speak to her, but she just muttered under her breath and only offered a brief wave before she left. Your home on the outskirts of the village was pitchblack, and it took some fumbling to find a light switch. It occured to you that it was kind of odd the lights even worked, there wasn't any visible power out here... well, guess it was just another mystery, no need to dwell on it.

The building was chill, the fire having died out a long time ago, you put some wood in and start getting the place heated as you rummage up some late night dinner. Reimu's rice was hardly filling at all. Well, seems you had survived a day in Gensokyo, and met a few people to boot. Aside from the almost being eaten part, it hadn't been such a bad day really. Getting dressed into pajamas, you climb into bed and stare up at the ceiling. Wonder what tomorrow would hold?



It felt odd having no customers. You had unfinished orders, but with no way to ever deliver them, there wasn't much reason to get them finished. You really did need to find a way to earn some money too, you couldn't live off what little you had stockpiled for long. Maybe there was some place in the village hiring part-time help... as you get dressed, you hear a loud knocking sound from downstairs. Quickly pulling your clothes on to look decent, you run downstairs.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" you shout as the knocking sound continues, louder this time.

You unlock the door and throw it open. Standing at the door is, what appears to be, a rather annoyed silver-haired young woman. She's wearing what looks like a maid's uniform, only with a rather short skirt, you can also see on her long, exposed legs a knife held in a holder.

"And here I was thinking this was just some random, empty home that appeared." spoke the silver-haired woman.

"Excuse me, but uhm, what are you doing here miss...?"

"I'm here on business. Or perhaps it may turn into business. Your arrival was not entirely... how shall I say... unheard of? Long story short, I may have some work for you to do. Nothing beyond what I hear you normally do, well, maybe harder work then you're used to, but within the same line of work." she reaches into her apron and fetches a golden stopwatch, she flips it open and looks at it, "I'm on a schedule, so don't take too long to decide alright?"

"Well, I'd be happy to take up a job..." you start to say.

"Excellent." she snaps the pocketwatch shut and returns it to her apron, "You will be paid of course, but only upon the completion of the job of course."

"Well, what do you need me to do?" you ask, frowning slightly.

"Just fix some furniture is all. I already took the liberty of placing it in your little workshop, or whatever you want to call it. I'll come collect it in, say... a week? I'm sure that'll be plenty of time."

You frown, looking over your shoulder towards the backshop, "How could you have..."

But by the time you turn your head back, the silver-haired maid is gone. You frown and look around outside, but see no trace of her anywhere. Did you just imagine the whole thing? Closing the door you walk behind the counter, and look into the workshop. To your surprise, there sits the broken remains of what looks like an expensive-looking table. The table was broken in half, and the legs had been reduced to splintered pulps, you hadn't ever seen so much damage done to something you've fixed before, how in the world did she expect you to even fix this? You didn't even have any kind of reference!

Well, great. What a way to start the morning...

---

Morning routine: (Pick up to 2 of the same category)
[ ] Stay home and...
- [ ] Work on the table somehow.
- [ ] Tidy around the house, maybe you'll find something?
- [ ] Look around the immediate area.
- [ ] Write-in?
[ ] The table can wait, the village is waiting!
- [ ] It's morning this time, maybe Reimu will be in a better mood.
- [ ] It couldn't hurt to poke around the shops, could it?
- [ ] Just go wander around, see what turns up.
- [ ] Write-in?

Inventory:
o Map of the Human Village
o "Gensokyo" Book

System:
> Mysterious Maid job request started.
>> No. 93993
[x] Stay home and...
- [x] Work on the table somehow.
- [x] Tidy around the house, maybe you'll find something?

Who knows what Yukari put in the house if she had it appear out of nowhere. And best to start a job today, then maybe take tomorrow off.
>> No. 94025
>Just fix some furniture is all
The correct spelling is either "that is all", or it's contraction "that's all".
[x] Stay home and...
- [x] Work on the table somehow.
- [x] Tidy around the house, maybe you'll find something?
>> No. 94028
[x] Stay home and...
- [x] Work on the table somehow.
- [x] Tidy around the house, maybe you'll find something?
>> No. 94030
[x] Stay home and...
- [x] Work on the table somehow.
- [x] Tidy around the house, maybe you'll find something?
>> No. 94054
File 125278591712.jpg - (195.35KB , 600x670 , 92b3e9fdefc7881438c3a71141f4f1be.jpg ) [iqdb]
94054
[x] Stay home and...
- [x] Work on the table somehow.
- [x] Tidy around the house, maybe you'll find something?

Sighing you sit down on the floor, picking up and examining the various pieces of the table. From the way the wood splintered for the table top, you had to guess the table had been broken by something being hurled into it. Upon closer inspection, you notice the wood seems to be peppered with various little burn marks, you can't possibly imagine what could've caused them though; had the table been burnt the marks wouldn't have been so perfectly circular. You wondered who that silver-haired maid worked for, and why she worked for someone who threw people into tables. Gensokyo sure was a strange place.

You leave the book on the splintered table top, picking up one of the broken legs, and begin to look for your stock of materials, looking for what kind of wood the table had been made of. As you search through your stock, it occurs to you that everything in here may be all there is in Gensokyo, well of certain things at least. Yukari sure had done a through job though, not only the whole house, but everything within. The broken leg of the table seems to be oak, though with how battered and over all worn it looks, you're not completely certain. You set aside the leg and look over the table, trying to guess about how much wood you'll need to... you pause, and notice the book is open. It had been closed when you put it there.

Looking at it reveals a surprise, on the page now was a rough sketch of the very table before you, only not broken into splinters. It even had written out the type of wood along with the amount of wood needed to fix each part. You pick the book up and turn it back a page, showing the last entry of the book, and the page beyond the current was still blank. What a curiously odd book, maybe Marisa wasn't kidding when she was talking to Alice about it being 'special'. Still this did make your job considerably easier, maybe it wasn't such an impossible job.

~

You pull off your gloves and return them to their proper place. It had taken quite a few hours, but the hardest part of your job was now done, the table had been repaired to its original state, now all it needed was some touching up and you'd be happy to call it complete. For now though, you were in need of a break, you had considered going to the village to unwind but decided it wouldn't hurt to tidy up. Yukari may have brought everything over, but she certainly didn't do any housecleaning, plus you were curious if she had left any surprises behind. You had already found one surprise, you noticed it as you worked. While you had rather good supplies of all your work materials, you knew some of them had been running thin, but during your work you had noticed all your stocks had been unusually full.

The thought had occured to you that Yukari may have just brought you here to do your work, an amusing thought. Your foodstuffs though were pretty low, seems eating wasn't something the odd youkai had considered. Having slept in your bedroom last night, it was no surprise that there wasn't anything out of the ordinary about it, or so you thought. During your search you managed to find another folded up piece of paper, only this time it was a map of Gensokyo itself. With this you noticed another area of interest called the 'Scarlet Devil Mansion', located oddly enough in the middle of a lake called the 'Misty Lake'. With a name like that, you wondered who could possibly live in it.

When you returned downstairs, checking the shop front for anything out of the usual, you found a rolled up newspaper on the floor. It seemed to be called the 'Bunbunmaru', what an odd name, opening it up you notice the front page article is about... your home!? There isn't much beyond the reporter, a one Aya Shameimaru, claiming she was going to investigate for the sake of all her readers. Oddly it seemed this Aya Shameimaru was not only the author of that article, but of all the other ones on the front page. Checking inside, she was also the author of those too. You frown and check who the editor is: Aya Shameimaru.

"This whole newspaper is run by a single person...?" you mutter aloud.

"Well, sometimes I manage to get Momiji to write something, but she usually doesn't like doing that..." replies a voice.

You jump and look behind you, sitting on the windowsill is a girl holding a red notebook, which you note she is writing in. Compared to Marisa, Alice, or even Reimu, this girl was dressed much more simple, a white blouse with a black ribbon, and a short black skirt. On her head is an oddly shaped red hat, it has some feathery puffs hanging off of it. While her shoulder-length black hair is rather normal, she has red eyes, and just doesn't seem very human. As you stare at her, she continues to scribble in her notebook before hopping off the windowsill.

"I take it you're Aya Shameimaru, then?" you offer politely.

"The one and only! And you're..." she pauses, flipping back a few pages in her notebook, "Reina Roots, is it?"

"How did you know my..." you start to say.

"You're new here, so you wouldn't know anything about me. Let's just say... if something goes down in Gensokyo, I'm probably the first to know. And if I'm not the first, I'm definitely the second!" she proclaims proudly, "But actually, I heard about you from the villagers when I delivered the papers this morning. I had seen your house on the way, but I didn't know someone actually lived here! Thought it was just something that fell through the Border."

"Fell through the Border...?"

"Aaah, it'll take too long to explain, I'll just say that things fall into Gensokyo all the time. Well, not fall in the actual falling sense, but I'm sure you know what I mean." Aya looks around the store front curiously, scribbling away in her notebook, "So then Reina, you don't mind if I just call you Reina do you? Care for an interview, on behalf of the Bunbunmaru newspaper?"

She hops onto the counter, crossing one leg over the other and leaning forward expectedly, waiting for your response eagerly.

---

Bunbunmaru Interview!:
[ ] Agree
[ ] Disagree

The strange girl, Aya Shameimaru: (Optional, multiple allowed)
[ ] Ask if she's a youkai.
[ ] Ask about the Bunbunmaru
[ ] Write-in

Inventory:
o Map of the Human Village
o "Gensokyo" Book
o Map of Gensokyo
o Bunbunmaru newspaper, today's edition
>> No. 94056
[x] Agree
[x] Ask if she's a youkai.
[x] Ask about the Bunbunmaru.
[x] Ask more about things being moved here and how much involve Yukari.

Free advertising and getting to know more about Gensokyo.
>> No. 94060
>Free advertising
>Bunbunmaru

Might not be a good idea.

[x] Politely decline.
[x] Ask if she's a youkai.
[x] Ask about the Bunbunmaru.
[x] Ask more about things being moved here and how much involve Yukari.
>> No. 94062
>>94060

Seems in this story people do read her papers, enough to find out her name and if villagers get the papers, it means an add Aya puts in it will be seen.
>> No. 94066
[x] Politely decline.
[x] Ask if she's a youkai.
[x] Ask about the Bunbunmaru.
[x] Ask more about things being moved here and how much involve Yukari.
>> No. 94068
>>94062
I don't think it's a question of being seen so much as it is a matter of association. There's a difference between getting an ad in a major, well-respected publication, and getting one in some cheap, sleazy tabloid.
>> No. 94079
File 125280569434.gif - (203.96KB , 600x600 , 0eb1b2dfd5d5f10548d14cd47edd02b8123.gif ) [iqdb]
94079
[x] Politely decline.
[x] Ask if she's a youkai.
[x] Ask about the Bunbunmaru.
[x] Ask more about things being moved here and how much involve Yukari.

"An interview?" you consider it a moment, "I apologize, but I'd really prefer not to..."

Aya's bright, happy look disappears in an instant, and she leans back, "Oh. I see..."

She frowns, scribbling down something in her notebook before hopping off the counter, she continues to write a bit as she starts to make her way towards the door.

"Excuse me! May I as you some questions before you go?"

She halts midstep, "Well, I suppose a few won't hurt. Shoot." she turns to face you and closes her notebook.

"I guess it might be a silly question but, are you a youkai?"

"Well, yes I guess you'd call me that, if you're speaking in general. I'm a tengu though, which I guess is just a kind of youkai, understand?" she tilts her head to the side.

"Yeah, I guess that makes sense... youkai is just the general term, and then there's some specific types?"

"Basically. You'll mostly just find youkai around here though, us tengu live over in the Youkai Mountain, the kappa are there too. Over in the Bamboo Forest are the rabbits, that's about the largest groups you'll find." Aya lazily leans against the wall, scribbling something once in a while.

"May I ask about the Bunbunmaru?"

Aya's eyes seem to light up a bit at the question, "Ah! Of course you may! Well, as you could see from reading it, I'm the editor and chief author of it. I fill it full of the daily going-ons of Gensokyo, since as I said, if it happens here I know about it! I try to get interviews of some of the more... important people, but..." she trials off frowning, "they don't really like me interviewing them..." her slightly saddened gaze comes to rest on you, and you can't help but feel a little guilty.

"You mentioned earlier about things 'falling' into Gensokyo..."

"Well, like I said, it's a bit hard to explain. I guess in more simple terms, things tend to appear here when they no longer exist in your world. So if something no longer exists in your world, it tends to appear here. But well, it's unusual for buildings to do this of course..."

"Well, for me Yukari - "

"Oh, Yukari?" she makes a quick note, "Well, that would explain it then. She can do pretty much anything around here really... I can't really stand her though, always has to insult my paper from the day I've been here..." Aya sighs and shakes her head, pocketing her notebook, "anymore questions?"

"Well, no I guess not but... how long have you been here Aya?"

"Oh... I guess it's been about... a thousand years? You really stop counting after a while. If you ever rethink that interview, well... just ask a crow and I'll be here in a flash!"

A thousand years!? Did youkai really live that long? And for a thousand years old, Aya looked incredibly young... you were going to ask her more, but the tengu had opened the door and flew away before you had the chance. You walk over and close the door, which Aya hadn't closed on her way out. You notice in the open window is a crow, it looks at you with it's beady black eyes, before flying away leaving behind a small, rolled up piece of paper. Closing the window, you retrieve the slip of paper:

"Remember, interview! Just leave a little note with this feather on it outside, and a crow will deliver it to me!
PS: I'll drop off your free daily copy of the Bunbunaru in the morning, I'm pretty quiet, but if you're awake and want to do that interview..."

Attached to the paper was a single crow's feather, it looks normal enough but you have to assume it's special in some way. It at least looks a lot shinier then any crow's feather you've seen, you pocket the note and leave the feather on the counter - you didn't want to damage it by stuffing it your pocket. Well, that table certainly wasn't going to finish itself...

~

You carefully wipe your hands clean, then toss the used rag into a trash bin. The table now sported a bright shine to it, and you had to admit it looked pretty good, more so then your usual work. It had been a while since you were so easily able to focus on your work, normally you were interrupted by your poor health. You had noticed since you had came here, you had been feeling a lot better then you usually did, not that you were complaining, it was great to be able to get out and about.

Now you had to wonder how you would get hold of that silver-haired maid, she wasn't due for a week, and you were sure she would rather get it sooner then later... but you had no way to contact her, nor any idea who she even was.

---

Mysterious maid...:
[ ] Forget about it, guess she'll get it when she gets it.
[ ] Go to the shrine and ask Reimu about the maid, maybe she knows who she is?
[ ] Search the village for Marisa or Alice, perhaps they could help?
- [ ] Look in that shop you had first confronted Marisa in?
- [ ] Ask for directions to the Forest of Magic and try to find Marisa's house.
[ ] Maybe if you agree to an interview with Aya, she could tell you about the maid...
[ ] Other (write-in)

Inventory:
o Map of the Human Village
o "Gensokyo" Book
o Map of Gensokyo
o Bunbunmaru Paper, today's edition

System:
> - Aya Shameimaru
> Mysterious Maid job request completed
>> No. 94083
[x] Ask around the village about the maid and where she lives, and do a bit of advertising just in case a big job doesn't come along so quickly.

I figure this way, we'd do something, and we might run into someone.

Also I'd think it'd be a bit rude to call Aya back in for an interview, that and it might be a good idea to have some questions in store for when we do call her in. In terms of overall information, Aya's only second to Yukari.
>> No. 94114
[ ] Read the rest of today's paper. Might find something useful to know.
[ ] Search the village for Marisa or Alice, perhaps they could help?
- [ ] Look in that shop you had first confronted Marisa in?
>> No. 94115
[x] Ask around the village about the maid and where she lives, and do a bit of advertising just in case a big job doesn't come along so quickly.
>> No. 94119
[X] Ask around the village about the maid and where she lives, and do a bit of advertising just in case a big job doesn't come along so quickly.
>> No. 94121
File 125286570179.jpg - (401.63KB , 1280x1024 , 1205600326580.jpg ) [iqdb]
94121
[x] Ask around the village about the maid and where she lives, and do a bit of advertising just in case a big job doesn't come along so quickly.

You leave the Bunbunmaru newspaper on the counter, running out of carrying capacity really, and carry the book with you as normal. The afternoon is a bit warmer then usual, and you wonder what season it is, the days here aren't nearly as cold as your time back in the 'real' world. Perhaps it just never gets cold here? You try asking around the village about the silver-haired maid, it seems she's actually well-known, at least in being seen. However most of the villager say they never speak to her, so they don't know much about her. She is only seen around in the village to purchase food or tea, sometimes she comes in to buy things like furniture or various other supplies.

Judging from what she buys you decide to ask about her in the grocery store.

"You mean Sakuya?" says the young girl, "I can't really think of anyone else who fits that description."

"Well, she didn't really give me a name but... where does this Sakuya live?"

"Oh, she works over in the Scarlet Devil Mansion. It's over in the Misty Lake, but getting there is going to be a problem," the girl studies you a moment, "especially for an outsider like you. I'm sure you know about wild youkai, right? Well around the Misty Lake you're likely going to run into fairies. They're not too powerful, nor too smart, but they're still just like youkai."

"Still just like youkai?" you ask, you knew only a little of them really.

"Well, you do know youkai are practically immune to physical harm, right? They regenerate very quickly, if you're gonna hurt them you need something faith-based really. But we don't usually try to kill the youkai, maybe except the wild ones. If you wanted to get across the lake, or even get near it, you'd need to be able to danmaku the fairies."

"Danmaku? I've heard that before..."

"It's hard to explain to an outsider, but all of us from Gensokyo can perform it to varying extents. Most of us can handle the fairies or wild youkai, but any of the more powerful youkai are completely beyond our power. Of course, Marisa or Reimu, are exceptions. They're probably the two most powerful humans in Gensokyo really, especially the Hakurei maiden. I guess you could try asking them to escort you to it, but..." she frowns, "Reimu is rather, well... lazy. Unless you can bribe her, she's probably just going to ignore you. Marisa is much more helpful, sometimes, and she usually goes to the Mansion anyway, but getting in contact with her is the problem. The Forest of Magic is also home to a lot of man-eating plants, they'll gobble you up."

"I really would prefer not becoming plant food..." you mutter with a sigh.

"Hahahaha, yeah, I don't think anyone wants to become plant food. I can't really think of anyway to contact Sakuya either, she just comes and goes. Sorry I can't be much help."

"You were plently of help, thanks."

You knew a lot more then you did this morning, but even knowing the maid's name, Sakuya, you weren't any closer to getting into contact with her. Well, without any way to get ahold of Marisa, and knowing of Reimu's laziness, you may as well kill some time trying to solve a problem of your own: money. While you were sure the job from Sakuya would land you some money, there was no telling how much, and you couldn't exactly hope people would randomly shop on your doorstep with a request... especially if they didn't even know you existed.

Traveling back to your house and fetching some big pieces of paper, you began to scribble out a simple advertisement which you then tacked onto a simple wooden sign. Carrying a few of the wooden signs back with you, noting the sun beginning its downward climb, you placed a few in various points around the village. You considered asking the furniture store owner, if you would be able to work out some kind of arrangement, but it seemed they weren't working today as the shop was locked up.

The sky was starting to darken, and the night-time shops of the village were starting to open up. You noticed most of these establishments seemed to be populated with youkai, judging by their unnatural eye colors or hair, or simply the wide berth people gave them. Of interesting note was one you saw leaving the flower shop in the village, she walked with a parasol and wore a red pleated outfit, but when she came down the street people practically ran into whatever building they could to avoid her. As she casually strolled by, she regarded you with merely a passing glance, perhaps amusement at you not running away?

"Must be nice bein' new 'ere, you don't know any of the local youkai to fear." observed a familiar female voice from behind you.

"Are you saying you fear them too, Marisa?" you teased, looking over your shoulder.

"Me? Naw, of course not! Though even I would prefer to not get on Yuuka's badside..." the witch shrugged, "whatcha doin' wanderin' around so late at night anyway? Ya know that's when the youkai like to come around, they're not the bad sort mind ya, but figured you'd prefer not bein' around them ze."

---

Late night encounter with the black-white!: (Multiple allowed)
[ ] Ask Marisa if she could take you to the Scarlet Devil Mansion...
- [ ] Now
- [ ] In the morning
[ ] Ask about Yuuka.
[ ] Ask...
- [ ] Write-in questions!

Inventory:
o Map of the Human Village
o Map of Gensokyo
o "Gensokyo" Book
>> No. 94122
[x] Ask Marisa if she could take you to the Scarlet Devil Mansion...
- [x] In the morning
[x] Ask about Yuuka.
[X] Ask...
- [X] More about danmaku.
- [x] More about the Mansion.
>> No. 94124
[x] Ask Marisa if she could take you to the Scarlet Devil Mansion...
- [x] In the morning
[x] Ask about Yuuka.
[X] Ask...
- [X] More about danmaku.
- [x] More about the Mansion.
>> No. 94126
[x] Ask Marisa if she could take you to the Scarlet Devil Mansion...
- [x] In the morning
[x] Ask about Yuuka.
[x] Ask...
- [x] More about danmaku.
- [x] More about the Mansion.
>> No. 94131
File 125287801640.jpg - (1.08MB , 1700x1404 , 1bbe047db5360e0ee8bcdf1fbe257c79.jpg ) [iqdb]
94131
[x] Ask Marisa if she could take you to the Scarlet Devil Mansion...
- [x] In the morning
[x] Ask about Yuuka.
[X] Ask...
- [X] More about danmaku.
- [x] More about the Mansion.

"Well, actually I was asking around about a silver-haired maid..."

"Ah, ya mean Sakuya? She's an odd one, always so serious and stuff. Pretty quiet too..." the witch pulls an apple out of her dress and takes a bite out of it, "so why were ya lookin' for her anyway, ze?"

"Actually, she came by this morning and dropped off a table to get fixed. I got it done sooner then I think she'd anticipate, so I just wanted to get ahold of her, so she could come pick it up."

"Really now? Interestin', she's such a workaholic, figured she'd fix all the stuff herself! Though, guess even she can't do everything Remilia wants her ta do..."

"Actually, uhm, on that note would you..."

"Take ya to the mansion? Well, I guess I could." she takes another bite of the apple, "How about in the mornin' eh? You could try goin' now but... well, you don't know much about that place, do ya?"

"Well, no not really." you admit with a shrug.

"Well, how about ya show me to your house, and I'll explain some stuff on the way, alright?"

Seemed harmless enough, you shrug again, "Sure. I thought you knew where I lived though..."

"Ah, well, sure I do! Just uhm... ya know. Figured you'd want some company on the walk, eh?" the blonde chuckles, "Besides, ya wanted to ask me some stuff anyway, right?"

"So, what were you saying about the mansion?"

Marisa takes a few more bites of the apple, before chucking it aside, "Well, I guess I'll explain the biggest point first! See, the Mansion is owned by Remilia Scarlet, she looks really young and all, but she's actually a vampire." the witch makes 'fangs' with her fingers for emphasis , "You know, the kind that bite you and suck your blood... all that kinda stuff?"

You nod your head, tilting it to the side slightly, "Well, yes I know what a vampire is but... she's an actual vampire? Though... I guess this is Gensokyo so..."

"Ya, ya, all kinda stuff lives here. So! As I was sayin' she's the owner of the mansion. Sakuya is her head maid, so she basically does everythin' for her. Remilia is a bit of a spoiled brat, so she doesn't do much really. Now aside from Sakuya and Remilia, you got the gate guard uhm..." Marisa frowns, and scratches her chin a moment, "I forget her name. I think it was... China? Somethin' like that... anyway she's not all that important. The mansion is also home to a big ol' grand library! It's full of all sort of books and stuff, it's really cool. Though the librarian, her name is Patchouli by the way, doesn't really like me much. Somethin' about takin' her books, can you believe it?"

The witch laughs and shakes her head. Of course you can believe it, she did steal your own book the first day you met her. You get the feeling Marisa probably doesn't have the greatest reputation.

"Uhm, what a lie?" you offer weakly.

"Yeah, exactly! I just you know, check 'em out, like you do in a normal library right? So, as I was sayin' uhm... oh right. Goin' at night to the mansion means you'd be visitin' when Remilia is most about. She's not very aggressive really, but, well it's just best to not go around at night unless you really need to, understand ze?" she pauses, "And you might run into Flandre, if she got outta the basement... ooooh... and that'd be very, very bad."

"Well, good thing we'll go in the morning, right?" Marisa nods in response, "Uhm, earlier you mentioned a Yuuka... who is that?"

"She was that youkai you saw? Red eyes, short green hair? Parasol?" you nod at her, then she nods back, "Yeah, that's Yuuka. She's probably one o' the most powerful youkai. She looks really scary and all, plus people are afraid of her, but if you don't go rubbin' her the wrong way, she'll be nice enough. Plus she doesn't like fightin' weaklins' like yourself, so you're safe enough from her. Well, unless ya go messin' up flowers... if you do, well, I don't think I'll ever see ya around again. At least not livin'." Marisa laughs again, patting you on the back, "Just don't go settin' flowers on fire, or anythin' alright there Reina?"

"S-sure, that would seem like a pretty silly thing to do..." you rub your hands together, the nights seem to be rather chilly, "can you explain danmaku to me? Or maybe just tell me some more about it? Seems like, from what I hear, it's some kind of fighting or something?"

"Well, yeah more or less. I guess in your world, fightin' is done with weapons and stuff, right?" she looks at you until you nod, then she nods as well, "Well, see here in Gensokyo we try to settle things with a lot less violence. There's also the fact just about any ol' youkai could tear you in two. So danmaku is a way for humans and youkai to fight, on more or less equal footin'. Despite how it looks, it's all very much non-lethal. Ya might get some burn marks, or wounds, but it won't go and kill ya no matter what!" the witch fetchs a card from her dress and shows it to you, "This here is a spell card. They're pretty important to a danmaku duel, they're like, well... uhm... really powerful attacks! Ya unleash one o' these and BAM! Of course, if ya run outta cards, you'll lose a danmaku duel, so ya gotta be careful on usin' them."

"Sounds interesting. Can most people here use danmaku?"

"More or less. About the only ones who can't, are you outsiders. I dunno why really, maybe just 'cause you live in another world? Tough to say, but it's pretty rare for you all to be able to do it. I'll show ya proper danmaku duel tomorrow, I figure you're anxious to see one first hand, ze?"

You had to admit, the idea of a danmaku duel did sound rather exciting, "Yeah, seems like it'll be a lot of fun to watch."

You two chatter about nothing in particular for a little bit, just killing time really, until you arrive at your house. Marisa looks at it carefully.

"Not a bad place really. Easy enough to spot, yours is the only one out 'ere anyway."

"Well, I'll see you in the morning then?" you stick your hands in your pockets, to stave off the cold.

"Yeah, I'll just swing by uhm... well, not sure when. You just stay home 'till I get here, alright?" you nod and she smiles, "Alright, get a good night's sleep Reina, see ya in the mornin'!"

With a wave, the witch hops on her broom before flying off into the night sky. Rubbing your hands together, you quickly throw open the door and go about starting a fire, it sure was cold this night. You idlely wonder if you should've invited Marisa in, but you figure the girl must be used to the weather around here. Placing a hand in your pocket, you frown as you notice something new in it, pulling it out you realize it's the spell card Marisa had shown you earlier. You wonder if this is something important to her...

There's a knock on the door, "Er... Reina? You don't happen ta have one of my spell cards, do ya?"

---

Forgetful witch...: (Multiple allowed, excluding on whenever to return the card or not)
[ ] Return the spell card to Marisa
- [ ] Offer for her to stay the night
- [ ] Offer her something to eat or drink
[ ] Keep the spell card!
[ ] Other (write-in)

Inventory:
o Map of the Human Village
o Map of Gensokyo
o "Gensokyo" Book
o Marisa's Spell Card

System:
> + Marisa Kirisame
>> No. 94134
[ ] Return the spell card to Marisa
- [ ] Offer for her to stay the night
>> No. 94135
[x] Return the spell card to Marisa
- [x] Offer for her to stay the night
- [x] Offer her something to eat or drink
>> No. 94136
Moralfaggotry.

[] Keep the spell card!
>> No. 94140
[x] Return the spell card to Marisa
- [x] Offer for her to stay the night
- [x] Offer her something to eat or drink
- [x] If she does agree, try to share tales of the outside; she might be interested in them.

Doing the right thing isn't bad in this case.
>> No. 94145
[x] Return the spell card to Marisa
- [x] Offer her something to eat or drink

later:
- [x] Offer for her to stay the night
>> No. 94171
[x] Return the spell card to Marisa
- [x] Offer for her to stay the night
- [x] Offer her something to eat or drink
>> No. 94222
File 125297818475.jpg - (43.51KB , 850x601 , sample-04bfa2e6484ca5ca15e14fc5a3b4.jpg ) [iqdb]
94222
[x] Return the spell card to Marisa
- [x] Offer for her to stay the night
- [x] Offer her something to eat or drink
- [x] If she does agree, try to share tales of the outside; she might be interested in them.

Looking at the spell card in your hand, you shrug and go to open the door, "Yeah, I do."

Marisa looks down at the card in your hand, a big grin appearing on her face, "Ah, though ya might've had it! Thanks for returnin' it, thought for a second you might wanna steal it... from me! Could you imagine?" she laughs, pocketing the card.

"That would be a bit odd, wouldn't it?" you look around outside, "It's a bit cold out tonight, don't you think? You maybe want to spend the night? I would make the trip in the morning a bit easier, right?"

The witch thinks it over for a moment, "Well, I guess it couldn't hurt. Ya got anything to eat or somethin'?"

You laugh, closing the door behind Marisa, "I have some things to eat, drinks too, but I'm afraid they're not the best things in the world."

"I'm not much of a picky eater, don't go worryin' about it Reina. 'Sides it's nice to eat somethin' not from the forest... though some of those mushrooms are pretty tasty..."

"There's food to be found there? From the things I hear about it, I thought everything in it was out to eat people..." you ask, searching around in pantries for something suitable to cook.

"Oh, they're not lyin'. Most of it will try to eat ya. That doesn't mean you can't eat it though. There's a ton of mushrooms that just grow all over the place too, so it's not too tough to find somethin' to eat. Is nice to try somethin' new once in a while." replies Marisa, taking a seat at the table, kicking her feet up on the table, "Plus, you've probably still got outsider food! That stuff is rare 'round here, since most of you don't come here with food."

"Afraid I may not own anything too... exotic." you admit, checking the fridge, "I never did have much money to spend on food."

"Ya kinda sound like Reimu, though I guess you don't go 'round buggin' people for food. She's always complaining about somethin'..." the witch sighs, "as much as she says she hates workin', I think she looks forward to incidents. Gives her somethin' ta do, and she usually gets somethin' out of it. Though, I guess lately she's been been getting the short end of that stick..."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well, not too long ago, there was this uhm... what she'd call herself... I think it was a Celestial, or somethin'. She was bored, so she started causin' trouble 'round here, and when no one paid attention to her, she went and demolish the Hakurei Shrine with an earthquake! Got Reimu all riled up, lemme tell ya. Though, she turned out to be quite somethin' else... even wrecked the shrine a second time."

"Do events like that happen a lot around here?" you ask, searching for a pot.

"Hmmm... I guess they usually do. It keeps things interestin' though, so I don't really mind it. We haven't had one in a little while though. The last one was some big ol' treasure ship, though didn't have any treasure really... that was a bit of a disappoint really ze."

The two of you drift into talking about rather nonsensical things, asking how the other's day is going for example. When you finish cooking, and place a bowl of food on the table, the witch looks at it curiously.

"What's this?" she asks, poking at it with a fork.

"Well, nothing that great but uhm..." you blush slightly, "macaroni and cheese..."

Marisa suspiciously looks at the food, before placing some of it in her mouth. Her eyes light up and she's quickly going for another bite, "Hey this isn't too bad! You outsiders have the funniest names for stuff, but the food doesn't taste bad at all!"



Following the small dinner, you realize a slight problem. Mainly the fact there's only one bedroom in the house. When you mention this to Marisa, she pauses midbite (on her third bowl!) and thinks it over.

"Ah it should be no worry, right? I wouldn't mind sharin' a bed." dismisses the witch with a wave of her hand, returning her attention to the food.

"Well, as long as you're fine with it." you smile, putting your bowl in the sink, "Maybe I can tell you some stories? Though, I guess I don't have any terribly interesting ones..."

"Ah, don't go worryin' 'bout it Reina. I don't get to hear much of the outside world, so I'm sure it'll be interestin' anyway."

You nod, going upstairs to your room. While really, there isn't any issue with two girls sharing a bed, you still a feel bit nervous about the whole thing. You didn't exactly have many friends, and you never have shared your bed with anyone. Deciding it might be in your best interest to get changed before Marisa arrives, you strip off your clothes and get dressed for bed. Not too long after, Marisa pokes her head in the door.

"Not a bad room! Looks pretty cozy." comments the witch, surveying the room.

"Really, it's nothing special, but it works." you smile, "You can come in you know."

"Huh? Oh, right, right." she casually strolls into the room, placing her broom in the corner of the room, "I don't remember if I said this, but thanks for lettin' me stay the night. Oh and for the food."

"Don't mention it, it's the least I could do." you reply, crawling into bed.

"So, what is it ya do really?" she asks, taking her hat off and placing it on the back of a chair.

"You mean for work?" you ask, Marisa nods, "Well, nothing too fancy. I guess in simple terms I... fix things. Furniture, usually, but really anything made of wood or the like. I've fixed some dolls before, though I doubt I could match Alice's level of skill, from what I hear."

The witch laughs, "Yeah, she's pretty good with them. They appear to be almost alive! It's really somethin' else."

As Marisa gets undressed for bed, you can't help but blush and look away. She might be a girl, but something felt wrong at watching her undress. Before you realize it, you can feel her crawling into bed. The two of you sit there for a while, talking about things. It takes a while before the two of you decide to get some sleep, and even when you do, you can't get the happy smile off your face. You're not sure if Marisa had done it knowingly, but she had called you "friend".



Come morning, the two of you get dressed and have a quick breakfast. As you get prepared for the trip, Marisa makes a quip about needing to get a bath soon.

"Well, there's a bath here but, well..." you blush slightly.

"Really? Well, that isn't what I meant. Maybe later, I'll show ya what I had in mind. You all ready there, Reina?" she asks, tilting her head to the side.

"Yeah, all good to go."

Marisa nods, heading outside where she waits for you on her broom. "Well then, all aboard! First stop, the Scarlet Devil Mansion!"

Unlike your first experience flying, where Reimu had more or less just carried you, riding on Marisa's broom was a whole different experience. It was like, well, like mounting a broom. Only this broom was flying high in the sky, and if you happened to fall you weren't sure if Marisa would be able to catch you. You tried at first to steady yourself by gripping the broom, but that didn't last long before the fear of falling overcame you, and you find yourself clinging tightly to Marisa's waist, your face buried in her back. The witch only laughs, reaching behind to pat you lightly on the head.

"We're almost there, don't worry Reina. I wouldn't drop ya!"

"I'm not worried about you dropping me, I'm worried I might drop myself!" you reply, your voice muffled by talking into the blonde's back.

A short time later, you can feel the broom lowering to the ground, before your feet touch solid ground. You hop off anxiously, taking a few deep breaths. Marisa walks up behind you, patting you on the back.

"You'll get used to it I'm sure."

"I have to say, your way is a lot more... exciting, then Reimu's." you reply, standing up and looking around.

In front of you is a large, red mansion. Or well, actually a wall and gate, but you can see the mansion behind them. In front of the gate is a red-haired woman, wearing a green chinese-style dress and a beret with a gold star on it. If you didn't know better, it looked like she was sleeping... Marisa points to the red-haired woman and makes a 'quiet' gesture. You nod, understanding, as the pair of you quietly creep by, the witch helping you climb the mansion's wall.

"China is always so easy to get past, I didn't even need to fly!" says the witch proudly.

She takes another step forward, before freezing. You halt next to her, wondering why she stopped. When you look behind you, you see the silver-haired maid, and she's standing behind Marisa with a knife drawn.

"Here to raid the library again, Kirisame?" asks the maid coldly.

"Ahahaha, er, hi there Sakuya. A-actually not today!" she points to you, "I was just droppin' her off, see?"

The maid glances over to look at you, and turns her attention to you, "Oh. It's you, what are you doing here?"

---

Encounter with the knife-wielding maid!:
[ ] Tell her the job is done
[ ] (Lie) The job isn't done!
[ ] Ask...
- [ ] Write-in

Inventory:
o Map of Gensokyo
o Map of the Human Village
o "Gensokyo" Book

System:
> Lost Marisa's Spellcard
> ++ Marisa Kirisame
>> No. 94223
[x] Tell her the job is done
>> No. 94226
[x] Tell her the job is done
>> No. 94263
[x] Tell her the job is done
[x] Ask about the Scarlet Devil Mansion (figured a new perspective doesn't hurt things)
>> No. 94264
[x] Tell her the job is done
[x] Ask why shes about to kill your new friend.
>> No. 94278
File 125303122933.jpg - (77.43KB , 500x696 , aao31.jpg ) [iqdb]
94278
[x] Tell her the job is done
[x] Ask about the Scarlet Devil Mansion
[x] Ask why shes about to kill your new friend.

You can't help but cast nervous glances at the maid's knife, held lazily in her hand pointed in Marisa's direction, as she looks at you with a stern look. Her grip looks loose, but from the witch's unwillingless to move, you had to imagine the illusion was only convincing to someone new like you, "Ah, I came to say the job was d-done." you stammer out.

Sakuya blinks in surprise, the knife vanishing with a twirl. She brings a hand to her face, cupping her chin as she eyes you strangely, "Really, done? In only a day?"

"I was a bit surprised myself..." you admit with a sheepish chuckle.

"Well, I'm not too sure if I believe you..." she casts a sideways glance at the innocent-looking witch, "since you did come in this rat's company..."

"You wouldn't think Reina's the lyin' type, would ya?" replies Marisa.

"Reina? Oh. Her. Didn't know her name, I was just told to..." the maid trails off a moment, "well, I guess I'll take your word for it, Reina, was it?" you nod, "Very well then. I suppose I will come and pick it up within a few hours, will that do?"

"Uhm, yeah, more then enough time really... but er..."

"What is it? I don't have a lot of time to spend chattering with the commonfolk." replies Sakuya coldly, crossing her arms across her chest.

"Ya don't have to be so cold to her..." sighs the witch, "this is probably why Remilia makes ya get 'round more. You've got no people skills!"

"I do all the work, in a mansion full of useless fairies, and a useless door guard." Sakuya pauses, before a shriek of pain is heard from the direction of the door guard, "Thank you Kirisame, you reminded me. I almost forgot to punish her for sleeping on the job, again."

Marisa quietly steps to your side, leaning over to whisper in your ear, "Don't be so afraid of her. She might act all mean, but she won't go hurtin' ya. Especially with me around ze!"

"B-but she seems so intimidating...!" you squeak, you gasp and place your hands over your mouth, as you realize you spoke it rather loudly.

The maid eyes you oddly, "Really now? A shame certain little rodents no longer find me quite so... frightening. Lady Patchouli is not very pleased with your theft of her books, Kirisame."

"Ah, I'll return 'em before I die someday. I keep tellin' her that!"

"I do not imagine she hopes for that day to be too far off." replies Sakuya with a sly smile.

"C-cold..." mutters the witch.

The maid takes her pocketwatch out, looking at it, "Very well miss Reina, I shall spare you sometime for... conversation. Do try not to take too much of my time."

"I-I'll try not too." you reply, "Well, may I ask why you held that knife to Marisa, when you saw her?"

"Oh, that's simple enough. She likes to steal from Lady Patchouli's library. I'm growing most tired of not only having to clean up, but also being scolded by Lady Patchouli for the thief's constant ability to overpower me on the way." she frowns slightly, "You of course know, I could not actually hurt Kirisame?"

"You know she's new 'round here Sakuya. She doesn't know how stuff works 'round here." replies Marisa, ruffling you on the head.

"Ah, of course... well then, my apologies for disturbing you. I suppose you thought I may of had... murderous intentions? I can assure you, while I do not appreciate Kirisame's actions, I would not actually try to inflict any sort of lethal harm upon her. I am shamed to admit it, but..." she trails off, "ah, forget it. I was about to gossip. Anything else, miss Reina?"

"Well, I've heard about the mansion from Marisa, but er..." you start to ask.

"I can assure you it, what she has told you is probably more then enough. I'm afraid I'm not about to give you the grand tour, Lady Remilia doesn't like visitors." the maid pauses, "Or rather, she does not like new visitors. Perhaps, if she asked for you personally, I may show you around but... otherwise, I must refuse. And do not think of giving her a tour yourself, Kirisame. I would appreciate not having to worry about possibly killing an outsider."

"That would be pretty bad..." muttered the witch with a sigh, "and here I wanted to introduce her to everyone!"

Sakuya sighs, shaking her head, "Please don't Kirisame. If she wants to see around, she'll need a valid reason. Fixing a table does not grant one access to the Scarlet Devil Mansion."

"Well! Thank you for your time Sakuya, I guess I should be going, I'll uhm... be waiting at home, then?" you ask.

"Oh, don't worry about it. I already went and got it during our chat." replies the maid cooly, you notice in her hand is now a teacup, "I must admit, I am impressed by your workmenship. I shall tell Lady Remilia of this. If you have no further business, I would ask you leave. Good day to you both."

As the maid walks off, you turn to look at Marisa with a confused look.

"It'll take a bit o' time to explain, really. Probably shouldn't go loiterin' around here now anyway, Sakuya may get a tad bit angry..."

You have to admit, you were not much in the mood to see just how 'non-lethal' one could make a knife...

---

Action!:
[ ] Decide to go home
[ ] Ask Marisa what she meant about a "bath" earlier
[ ] Forget the maid, let's sneak inside!
[ ] Other (write-in)

Inventory:
o Map of Human Village
o Map of Gensokyo
o "Gensokyo" Book

System:
> + Sakuya Izayoi

I'm trying out a new sleep schedule today, the second update of the day I shall attempt to do within the next six or seven hours before class.
>> No. 94279
[x] Decide to go home
[x] Ask Marisa what she meant about a "bath" earlier.

I think it'd be better to be on the SDM's good side, and if Marisa really cares to sneak in, she'd be better off by herself.
>> No. 94280
[x] decide to go home.
[x] ask Marisa what she meant about a "bath" earlier during the trip.
[x] ask Marisa anything else about Sakuya, if possible.
>> No. 94281
[x] Decide to go home
[x] Ask Marisa what she meant about a "bath" earlier.
>> No. 94304
[x] decide to go home.
[x] ask Marisa what she meant about a "bath" earlier during the trip.
[x] ask Marisa anything else about Sakuya, if possible.
>> No. 94305
[x] Decide to go home
[x] Ask Marisa what she meant about a "bath" earlier.
>> No. 94311
File 125306078133.jpg - (161.97KB , 800x800 , 831ff9132c7ada503d228be13a5094d2.jpg ) [iqdb]
94311
[x] Decide to go home
[x] Ask Marisa what she meant about a "bath" earlier.

"Guess we should get going then?" you ask Marisa.

The witch considers the mansion a moment, before shrugging, "Yeah, should probably get goin'."

Rather then scale the wall again, the two of you leave via the gate, where you notice the gatekeeper is now laying on the floor with numerous knives sticking in her. You shudder and recoil a bit at the sight, Marisa just laughs.

"Ah, she's fine don't worry. She gets to be Sakuya's knife pincushion a lot." observes Marisa, prodding at the motionless body with her foot, "See? She groaned."

"W-well, if you say so Marisa..." you say nervously, noting the gatekeeper did seem to twitch a little bit, "ah, right... you mentioned something about a proper bath, earlier?"

"Hm? Oh! Right." Marisa smacks her fist into her palm, "Almost forgot ze! You probably didn't notice when you were visitin', but Reimu does have a hot spring up in the shrine... figured we could go help ourselves, sound like a plan?"

"Well, it doesn't seem like a bad idea..." you admit, "though, if there is one... why don't more people use it?"

"Well, ya see, a while back a big ol' geyser erupted and it made that hot spring. Reimu got the idea she could find some way to market it," the witch paused to help you get on her broom, "of course, after a while some earth spirits came bustin' out with it! I guess in your world, that'd probably scare away everyone. 'Round here though? Not too unusual, I mean we even have ghosts and half-ghosts visiting the village sometimes, so a few earth spirits ain't gonna scare no one really."

Like the previous trip, you find yourself clinging to Marisa's waist, although you avoid burying your face into her back out of fear this time, "W-well, I guess around here, that's not too odd..."

"Exactly! So anyway, Yukari comes along and tells us this ain't such a good thing really. I'd probably bore ya if I explained the details of all the stuff, but well, in the end Reimu kept the hot springs. 'Cept, no one ever goes to the Shrine still. It's too out of the way, stuff like that." the witch shrugs, "So, figured we may as well use it."

"Reimu must get pretty lonely up there..."

"I think she likes it really. It might be out of the way for the normal folk, but it's easy enough for any of us to come visit her. Not ta mention, Yukari likes to steal her food, and then she's got Suika just freeloadin' around the place ze. Come to think of it, lots of the youkai she's fought over all these incidents like to go there to visit her from time to time."

"You don't think the villagers fear all the youkai up there, do you?" you ask, looking down at the ground before regretting it and holding onto the witch tighter.

"Hmmmm... I never thought of it that way. They might though, I wouldn't know why though. Aside from the more wild youkai, or some of the lesser ones, the stronger ones will leave ya alone, long as you don't go antagonizin' them."

The conservation drifts off a bit into nonsensical chatter. It doesn't take too much longer though, until the broom returns to the ground, and Marisa helps you off again. Steadying yourself a bit, you notice you're at the Hakurei Shrine. Seated on the porch of the shrine is Reimu, a cup of tea in her hands, she looks at you and Marisa with a rather bored look.

"Rather friendly with the new girl, aren't you Marisa?" asks the miko.

"She's pretty fun to hang out with, you might know if you spent time with her, 'stead of just sendin' her home right away." replied the witch, "But I didn't come 'ere to talk to ya about that. Could we use the hot spring, Reimu?"

Reimu looks at the two of you with a slight frown, then she shrugs, "Sure, whatever. Reina, you go on first. I'd like to speak to Marisa a moment."

You look to the witch, who nods, "Sure, sure. Go on Reina, I'll be along in a bit."

When you ask where the spring is, Reimu lazily points behind her into the shrine, and gives you the directions. Going inside the shrine, making sure to remove your shoes at the entrance, you manage to find your way to the hot spring without much problem. You've never actually seen one before, hot springs were something of a luxury back home, and you never lived a life of luxury. Stripping off your clothing, neatly folding it and storing it away, you ease yourself into the spring.

The water is quite hot, as the name implies, but you didn't expect it to feel different from a normal bath. You were quite wrong, you couldn't really explain it, but it just felt better, much, much better. Relaxing into the water, you sigh happily. As a bit of time passes, you hear footsteps and voices approaching.

"Oi, Reina, I'm comin' in! Reimu is comin' along as well!" yells the witch from within.

Now this wasn't something you had considered. Sleeping in the same bed with Marisa, hadn't been a large issue, the two of you had been clothed of course. Now you were about to share a hot spring with her, and Reimu. Clothing was lacking in this situation, and you were beginning to find yourself growing a tad nervous.

---

Hot Spring... 'chance'?:
[ ] Hide!
- [ ] Spy discreetly on the bathing witch and miko
- [ ] Can't be seen, can't look!
[ ] Don't hide!
- [ ] Try to catch an eyeful, as they say.
- [ ] Try not too look!
[ ] Other? (Write-in)
>> No. 94312
[x] Don't hide!
- [x] Go with the flow, don't look away but don't try to stare too hard.

We're all girls here, there's no real shame in such a scene.
>> No. 94318
[x] Don't hide!
- [x] Go with the flow, don't look away but don't try to stare too hard.
>> No. 94321
[x] Don't hide!
- [x] Go with the flow, don't look away but don't try to stare too hard.
>> No. 94323
File 125306749432.jpg - (39.68KB , 640x480 , 1196921147811.jpg ) [iqdb]
94323
[x] Don't hide!
- [x] Go with the flow, don't look away but don't try to stare too hard.
>> No. 94370
File 125311964275.jpg - (48.33KB , 450x632 , a7f42e06204075b8b57c1748f254dc35.jpg ) [iqdb]
94370
[x] Don't hide!
- [x] Go with the flow, don't look away but don't try to stare too hard.

"O-ok! Thanks for the heads up!" you squeak out.

The door to the spring, slides open, and the first to step out is Marisa clad in only a towel, oddly she still has her hat on her head. She seems to be talking to Reimu about something, the miko also only dressed in a towel, and it takes her a moment before she waves over at you.

"It isn't bad, is it ze?" asks Marisa, discarding her towel as she nears the spring,

"N-not at all! I've never actually bathed in a hot spring before so... it was very unexpected?" you admit, blushing slightly as you glance away from the witch's naked form.

"Really? I would think hot springs would be rather common over there..." says Reimu, tossing her own towel aside as she slips into the spring,

"Well, they might be. But they're kind of a luxury, so I couldn't really ever even think of affording it... I could barely afford to feed myself sometimes."

"Sounds like you had it kinda rough there, Reina." says the witch, she lazily tosses her hat onto a rock, "Seems you and Reina have more in common then you might think, eh Reimu?"

"... Perhaps." admits the miko after a pause, "Though she of course doesn't need to deal with freeloaders. And thieves."

"I don't take that much! 'Sides, you get some yummy food from time to time..." teases Marisa, relaxing against one of the rocks in the pool,

"I barely have enough food as it is, the little bit you steal is still a lot!" replies Reimu bitterly,

"Seems everyone has some reason to come to Reimu..." you say quietly.

"It might not look like it, but the Hakurei Shrine is a pretty good place to meet some of the more... important beings of Gensokyo. Hang around enough, and you'll see!"

"So Reina, Marisa tells me you actually got some work? From Sakuya even?" asks the miko, you nod at her, "You don't think you might want to... spread that wealth around? The shrine could always use some money in the box!"

Marisa swiftly moves to bonk Reimu on the head, "Oi! Don't go tryin' to persuade Reina into donatin'! If she wants to, she'll do it!"

"Ouch! You didn't need to go hitting me Marisa! Geez..." grumbles Reimu, rubbing her head,

"A-ah, well, I guess I might be able to spare something... but I'm not sure how much she even paid me. I guess she left the money at the house?" you admit sheepishly, the matter of payment had completely slipped your mind.

"Guess we'll check later. I don't think she'd forget though, Sakuya might see kind of mean, but she's not one to forget things." says Marisa, nodding,

"She's not really that mean. She just tries to act like it." adds Reimu, shrugging, "Not sure why, but I guess it's just in her personality. If you get to know her a bit, she'll warm up to you. Maybe except for Marisa here... considering you just give her more work when you visit usually..."

"Er, w-well... you know how it is with me and books ze...?"

"Even I know a bit of that. You didn't even know me, and you go up and steal my book!" you tease, grinning.

"Ah, but if I hadn't, where would you be now, eh Reina?" replies the witch, wagging her finger scoldingly, "I've helped you quite a bit!"

"I never said I regretted the random chance of that day, did I?" you answer, smiling.

Marisa laughed in response, moving close to you to ruffle your hair a bit, "Ah, so very true. I have to admit, hangin' around with you isn't too bad. Though, a shame nothing overly exciting happens around ya. Though, who knows! You outsiders tend to bring your own brand of fun with you, eventually ze."

"Or trouble..." mutters Reimu, frowning slightly,

"Ah, Reina looks harmless enough! She isn't a rival shrine maiden like that Sanae, so you've got nothin' to fear from her!"

"... Sanae?" you ask, tilting your head to the side.

"Ah, it's a long story. Maybe I'll tell you it sometime. I've got a lot of stories really..."

The chatter drifts off into the usual nonsensicial banter. The situation isn't nearly as bad as you thought, although Marisa makes a habit of staying close to you, and you can't help but have a bit of a constant blush on your face. You might all be girls, but they're the only other people you've ever seen naked really. It feels awkward, but you can't help but cast the occasional glance at their bodies, the view only slightly obscured by the water of the spring. The thought springs to mind, that they may be doing the same to you, and you sink a bit lower into the water, carefully covering yourself. You thought you were pretty sneaky about it, but Marisa seems to notice, and looks in your direction.

"Reina looks like she's hiding..." says the witch, a wicked grin appearing on her face.

"I wonder why she would be doing that..." adds Reimu, a sly smile creeping onto her face,

"W-why are you two looking at me like..." you start to say.

The last thing you clearly remember, is Marisa jumping up at you, giving you more then an eyeful. You're not sure what happened after that really, you had never blacked out from a nosebleed before.



"... think we... a bit?" speaks a voice.

"Perhaps... bit..." replies another.

You groan and open your eyes, seeing the ceiling of the Hakurei Shrine. You sit up, seated in the room adjacent from you is Marisa and Reimu, both dressed. They look over and notice you, they get up from their table and walk over to your side.

"How ya feelin' Reina?" asks Marisa, offering you a steaming cup,

"Ah, a little... weak I guess. But not too bad, what happened anyway?" you ask, taking the cup and carefully sipping its contents.

"You fainted actually. From bloodloss I'm pretty sure." answered Reimu,

"I guess we may have a been a lil' rough on her..." admits the blonde with a chuckle, "sorry 'bout that."

"N-no that's fine, it isn't your fault..."

"Though, I have to wonder why you were nosebleeding..." asks the miko suspiciously, she gets a light jab in the side from Marisa in return.

"Oi, don't need to go pryin'! It ain't that unusual to have nosebleeds, right?"

"Er, right. I used to get nosebleeds all the time." you say, you were only half lieing really, your illness had made you rather prone to nosebleeds, "Uhm, what were you planning anyway...?"

"U-uhm well er, that is..." the witch blushes slightly, "I guess, you were actin' kinda shy sooo... thought I might loosen you up a bit, by uhm..."

"Cupping a feel?" finishes Reimu flatly,

"H-hey! When you put it that way, you make me sound like a total pervert! It was all in harmless fun!" retorts Marisa with a frown,

"... I-I see..." you cough.

"S-sorry, if it's any consolation you did pass out before I could ze?" Marisa shakes her head, "Well, that aside... I dunno if you wanted to go home or not, but... you wanna hang 'round with Reimu for a bit maybe? If you don't wanna, I can drop you off at home of course..."

---

Marisa's 'request'?: (You can ask questions or something, no limit)
[ ] You don't mind, hang out at the shrine.
[ ] Turn down the offer, you want to go home.
[ ] Other? (Write-in.)

Inventory:
o None!

System:
> + Marisa Kirisame
> + Reimu Hakurei
> + Unknown...
> -- Unknown...

Sorry, only onsen image I have is of Alice. None of Marisa or Reimu, sorry!
>> No. 94371
[x] You don't mind, hang out at the shrine.
>> No. 94375
[x] You don't mind, hang out at the shrine.
>> No. 94378
[x] You don't mind, hang out at the shrine.
>> No. 94406
[x] You don't mind, hang out at the shrine.
>> No. 94504
File 125314780182.jpg - (300.56KB , 693x800 , 2502874.jpg ) [iqdb]
94504
>>94370
>only onsen image I have is of Alice
>> No. 94509
File 125314861276.jpg - (399.81KB , 495x700 , ac83432a24c4cb237b953fd586882a6b.jpg ) [iqdb]
94509
[x] You don't mind, hang out at the shrine.

"Sure, I don't mind spending some time here. It isn't like there's any pressing work to be done, or anything I need to do at home." you reply, "Er... where are my clothes and stuff though?"

Marisa points to the basket in the corner of the room, "Everythin' is over there. When you're changed, just come on out, alright?" you nod at her, "We'll get some food ready, alright Reimu?"

The miko sighs and nods, before the duo departs the room, closing the door behind them. You get up out of the bed, fetching your clothing from the basket and removing the robe, that either Marisa or Reimu had dressed you in, and get dressed. You notice the book is also in the basket, and you pick it up as well. Fetching the cup of, what you think is, tea, you open the door and sit down at the table in the room. Marisa isn't here this time, but Reimu is still seated at the table.

She looks at you, while taking a drink of tea, "Enjoying Marisa's company?"

"Well of course... why do you ask?"

"Oh, nothing. Just curious is all." replies Reimu, placing her cup on the table, "Marisa is my friend after all... what do you know of her, Reina?"

You consider the question a moment, "Well, really just what I hear. From what I can understand, she's pretty well-known for acts of thievery. She seems really friendly too."

"And that's all you've heard?" asks the miko, with noteably more force behind her words.

"Y-yeah. Why do you ask, Reimu?"

She looks at you for a moment, before shrugging, "Oh. No reason, I was just curious what kind of things people say about Marisa..." she trails off.

You frown for a moment, wondering why Reimu seemed to be quite curious as to how much you 'knew' about Marisa. Your thinking is interrupted by the witch returning to the room, carrying some bowls of food.

"I hope you're hungry, eh?"

"I'm afraid I can't lie much Marisa. I almost fear to eat what you cook..." mutters Reimu, looking at the bowls suspiciously,

"Oi! I know how to cook, thank you very much! Alice never really complains about my cooking ze."

"I'm pretty sure it's because you've already killed her tastebuds with your cooking." replies the red-white smugly.

The two begin to argue, although you can tell neither really means it. You just sit on the sidelines, carefully testing the food, before deciding it is indeed edible and eating your food, as the two bicker playfully. Before long, the two cease, and also begin to eat. The occasional dinner chatter starts, asking how the day is going, maybe how the weather will be tomorrow, topics like that. It's Reimu who is the first to ask something that actually requires your attention.

"So what is it you do exactly?" she asks, slurping down a helping of noodles, "I mean for work."

"I've been wonderin' that myself really. Ya just went and fixed up somethin' for Sakuya?" adds Marisa,

"Well, in a nutshell yeah. All I really do is fix, or rather 'restore' may be the proper term, objects. Generally, this applies to furniture. But I guess I have a bit of talent in this area, so I've actually been able to fix almost anything, so long as it's not metal or something, I suppose. Technology isn't my forte."

"What did Sakuya have you fix? That seems unlike her, I've been in the Mansion plently of times, and I've never really see any of the furniture in any sort of disrepair." asks Reimu,

"It was a table actually. It didn't seem too special, but when she brought it in, the thing was mostly just splinters. Do you have some paper? I might be able to sketch it out for you."

Reimu goes to fetch some paper and pencil, and when she does you roughly sketch out the state of the table. The two girls look at it curiously.

"Well, I didn't break it, I can tell ya that." says the witch.

"From what I could tell, it looked like it broke from something being thrown into it. But that didn't really explain the little various burn marks though."

Reimu asks for you to draw it when you fixed it, which you do, she looks at the finished carefully, "I think I remember that table. Even you should remember it Marisa, unless you were too scared to look around."

"Hey, I'm not afraid of nothin'!" Marisa frowns, and looks at the drawing carefully, "... Oh, I think I know what you're talkin' about now..."

"What are you two talking about? Is the table special or something?" you ask, frowning.

"Well, I'm not sure if it's special exactly. But I think that table belongs to Flandre." comments Reimu, "I think that table has been broken for a while now, and I guess Remilia knew of your... talent, and decided to get it fixed."

"Sounds like somethin' Remilia would know. Though, I wonder why she'd go through all the trouble to fix an ol' table. Maybe it's valuable...?" muttered Marisa, a glint appearing in her eye,

"If you want to steal from Flandre, be my guest Marisa. I'm sure she won't care, if you play with her first."

"G-good point... I don't think I'd want to go through that again..." groans the witch.

"Uhm... what are you two talking about?" you speak up, looking at the two with a confused look.

"Er, well ya remember Remilia, right? She's the owner of the mansion. Well she has a younger sister, her name is Flandre. She's well, a bit... crazy, I guess? She lives in the basement of the mansion, and Remilia has been keepin' her there for oh... how long did she say? Five hundred years, or somethin'?"

"F-five hundred years!?" you gasp.

"Well, Flandre and Remilia are vampires, Reina. They live for a long time." says Reimu, "You wouldn't know by looking at them, both of them look very young. They look like kids, really."

"Extremely powerful kids... Flandre has some amazing destructive power." says Marisa, nodding, "Remilia, on the other hand, has the power to see fate itself. She never really told me much beyond that though, so I'm not sure what she can do with it. But I'm pretty sure she knew you'd be here, before you yourself even knew you were here."

"Power to see... fate?" you ask, staring blankly at the the witch and miko.

"Like I said, it's kinda hard to explain... but most people in Gensokyo have some sort o' power." explains the witch, "Remember Sakuya from earlier? She has the power to control time. So she can freeze it, that's how she was able ta go pick up the table, without you ever noticing. She just had to freeze time, walk on over, and pick it up."

"T-that's incredible..." you mutter, you wouldn't believe it, but things in Gensokyo seemed to border on the unbelievable.

"Don't go thinking about it too hard. Just keep in mind, in Gensokyo, appearences are only skin deep. Even the most harmless looking thing, could have some amazing power." says Reimu matter-of-factly,

After that enlightening topic, the conversation as usual drifts into unimportant banter. Eventually the two teach you mahjong, and quickly also show you, that you suck at playing it. Of course, you don't mind losing, since you find their company highly enjoyable. It doesn't take long before Reimu notes the moon is out, and you've spent the majority of the day within the shrine. Marisa laughs about losing track of time.

"Whoops, my bad there Reina, didn't realize we've been here so long! You wanna go home and sleep? I could ask Reimu if we could spend the night, if you'd prefer."

---

Night at the Shrine?:
[ ] Spend the night at the shrine.
- [ ] In the morning, go home?
- [ ] Come morning, ask if you go visit Marisa's house?
- [ ] Other (write-in)
[ ] Ask to go home
- [ ] Ask Marisa if she'll spend the day with you tomorrow.
- [ ] Lazy around home.
- [ ] Explore?
- [ ] Other

Inventory:
o Map of the Human Village
o Map of Gensokyo
o "Gensokyo" Book

System:
> + Marisa Kirisame
> + Reimu Hakurei
>> No. 94512
[x] Spend the night at the shrine.
- [x] Seems like a sleepover!
- [x] In the morning, go home?
>> No. 94513
[ ] Ask to go home
- [ ] Lazy around home.
>> No. 94515
[x] Spend the night at the shrine.
- [x] Seems like a sleepover!
- [x] In the morning, go home?
>> No. 94619
File 125320527359.jpg - (423.12KB , 1230x800 , 0f628e0429ec2c59284865205b422be8.jpg ) [iqdb]
94619
[x] Spend the night at the shrine.
- [x] Seems like a sleepover!
- [x] In the morning, go home?

"Sure, I won't mind sleeping over. It would be an interesting change of pace."

"Do you mind Reimu?" asks Marisa,

"Well, I guess it doesn't matter... I'll find some place to have her sleep." replies the red-white, after a moments pause.

Marisa grins, ruffling you on the head, "We'll have a ton of fun! If it's any easier on ya Reimu, I can share a room with Reina."

Reimu raises an eyebrow, "Really?"

"Well, yeah. I stayed the night at her place just last night, so..." replies the witch, shrugging.

"... Huh. I see." says Reimu, looking at you suspiciously, before shrugging, "Very well. I guess this makes it easier for me."

"How about another game of mahjong?" suggests Marisa,

"I'll just lose again..." you groan

"You are pretty terrible at mahjong, Reina..." comments Reimu with a smile,

"Well, I've never played it before! Mahjong tables are expensive."

"Never had to fix one before? 'Cause you could just say you 'lost' it and keep it..." suggests the witch.

"Don't try to turn Reina into a thief, she seems like she has more morals then you. Multipled by a pretty large number." retorts the red-white.

Marisa laughs, rubbing the back of her head, "I was only joking, of course ze..."

"Well, I guess another game wouldn't hurt..."

"Alright! You're gonna lose again, Reina~." taunts Marisa, the grin returning to her face,

"Reeiiiimmmmuuuuu~" yells out a voice, "Where are yoooooou?"

"Why does she always show up when there's company!?" groans Reimu,

"Why does who show up...?" you ask, looking over at the door to the room.

It slids open, and a blonde-haired girl with a large pair of horns, pokes her head in. She smiles, and swaggers into the room. You can't help but notice that she looks very child-like, yet she smells of alcohol, and walks with a drunken swagger.

"Ya can't go havin' a party without me Reimu!" pouts the girl, frowning as she stares Reimu down.

"It isn't a party, really..." sighs the miko

"Sure it is! Marisa is here and, and..." she frowns, staring at you, "and... some new girl! You've even got mahjong out!"

"It isn't a party," repeats Reimu frowning, "don't think of inviting anyone now..."

"Awww, come on Reimu! It'll be a better party, if there's more people!"

The two continue their little 'argument', as you slide up to Marisa and lean over to whisper in her ear.

"Uhm... who is this?" you ask quietly.

"Ah, it's Suika. She's an oni, she looks like a little kid, but she's really pretty old. If you couldn't tell, she really loves to well, party, she's very fun-loving and freespirited really."

"Does she live here?"

"Kinda... she likes to hang out here a lot, really."

"Well, ok, I guess it isn't a party..." sighs Suika, frowning deeply, "But I'm still stayin'! There's fun to be had!"

"Fine, fine. I couldn't make you leave, even if I wanted anyway..."

"So, whose the new girl anyway?" asks the oni, walking over to stare at you, "She doesn't look like she's from around here."

"Her name is Reina, and she's from the outside." answers Marisa,

"Oh? An outsider then?" Suika studies you carefully, "She might be a lot of fun then! I'm Suika! Nice ta meetcha, Reina."

You reach over and shake the oni's hand, "Nice to meet you as well, Suika."

"If you're gonna play mahjong, lemme play, lemme play! I can even provide the sake!" cheers the oni happily.

"Reina is pretty terrible at mahjong, so I guess this'll make the game a bit more interesting..." says the miko.

"M-must you always point that out...?" you sigh.

---

Oni party!: (Multiple 'mains' allowed, only 1 'sub', unless otherwised noted)
[ ] = Main option
{ } = Sub option

[ ] You've never drank sake, or alcohol before...
- { } Better not start now, politely decline to drink
- { } It can't hurt to try, right? Drink a little bit.
- { } May as well go all out!
[ ] Kind of sucks losing at mahjong so much...
- { } Suggest another game to play (write-in)
[ ] Get to know...
- { } Talk to Reimu! (write-in)
- { } Marisa~ (write-in)
- { } Get to know the Oni (write-in)
[ ] Share a room for the night with...
- { } Marisa, of course!
- { } Maybe Reimu won't mind?
- { } Suika seems friendly enough...
[ ] Write-in!

Sorry this update is a bit small. The next one will be rather lengthy - in fact I'm not sure if I will be able to churn it out in time before class. If I miss my deadline, rest assured, I will be working to have it up by tomorrow morning.

On another note, would anyone feel if I add the occasional "Writer's Corner", where I might provide a bit of commentary or some such, be out of place? Please, have fun with write-ins for this section!
>> No. 94620
[Q] You've never drank sake, or alcohol before...
- {Q} It can't hurt to try, right? Drink a little bit.
[Q] Share a room for the night with...
- {Q} Marisa, of course!
>> No. 94622
[x] You've never drank sake, or alcohol before...
- {x} It can't hurt to try, right? Drink a little bit.
[x] Kind of sucks losing at mahjong so much...
- {x} Suggest another game to play (some kind of card game such as blackjack or poker?)
[x] Get to know...
- {x} Get to know the Oni
--{x} Ask some general questions about her and how knows Reimu
-- {x} Ask about the Oni.
[x] Share a room for the night with...
- {x} Maybe Reimu won't mind?
>> No. 94624
[ ] You've never drank sake, or alcohol before...
- { } It can't hurt to try, right? Drink a little bit.

[ ] Share a room for the night with...
- { } Marisa, of course!
>> No. 94676
[X] You've never drank sake, or alcohol before...
- [X] It can't hurt to try, right? Drink a little bit.
[X] Share a room for the night with...
- [X] Marisa, of course!

"It can't hurt to try", you said, "Just a little bit", you said. Now it's the next morning, you can't remember anything past that, your head is pounding, and are the two of you naked? The two of you are stark naked!

This is the worst. Alcohol sucks... and worst of all, that oni lied to you...
>> No. 94686
Well as predicted, I couldn't finish it tonight. So, I'm calling the vote as:
[x] You've never drank sake, or alcohol before...
- {x} It can't hurt to try, right? Drink a little bit.
[x] Kind of sucks losing at mahjong so much...
- {x} Suggest another game to play (some kind of card game such as blackjack or poker?)
[x] Get to know...
- {x} Get to know the Oni
--{x} Ask some general questions about her and how knows Reimu
-- {x} Ask about the Oni.
[x] Share a room for the night with...
- {x} Marisa, of course!

The update will come up sometime tomorrow in the morning, please wait warmly.
>> No. 94718
>a blonde-haired girl with a large pair of horns
No she isn't.
>> No. 94720
>>94718
Well, Suika could manipulate the density of melanin in her hair for a new look.
>> No. 94729
>>94718
Whoops, she has orange hair, doesn't she? Something like that. I was going off memory, and somehow thought blonde.

My mistake.
>> No. 94734
File 125329384262.jpg - (158.43KB , 700x800 , sample-f5c31e7469eb67a172ebd2ede82f729d.jpg ) [iqdb]
94734
[x] You've never drank sake, or alcohol before...
- {x} It can't hurt to try, right? Drink a little bit.
[x] Kind of sucks losing at mahjong so much...
- {x} Suggest another game to play (some kind of card game such as blackjack or poker?)
[x] Get to know...
- {x} Get to know the Oni
--{x} Ask some general questions about her and how knows Reimu
-- {x} Ask about the Oni.
[x] Share a room for the night with...
- {x} Marisa, of course!

"Have you ever even drank sake before, Reina?" asks Reimu, placing some tiles on the table,

"Actually no, I haven't... sake is kind of expensive sometimes, and well, I've never drank alcohol in general." you admit, with a shrug.

"This'll be interestin' then! You're gonna try, right Reina?" asks the oni gleefully.

"W-well, I..." you pause and consider it a moment, "I guess a little bit, never hurt anyone, right?"

"That's the spirit Reina! Maybe we'll all play a drinking game later!"

"I wouldn't play that if I were you, Reina. Suika always wins anyway, I don't think I've ever even seen her sober." comments Marisa, leaning over to whisper in your ear,

"Please don't Suika, I don't want to have Reina puking her guts up..." sighs the miko.

"S-sorry Suika, I'm just going to try some... I don't feel like downing multiple bottles..."

"Well, I guess you need to get used to it anyway. It'll be more fun that way! Come on Reimu, go get some cups and stuff! Party, party, party~!" chants the oni gleefully, drinking from her gourd.

Reimu sighs and mutters something before leaving to fetch the required items, she returns shortly (the game continued withot her, of course) and passes out cups to everyone, as well as handing out sake bottles. She studies you a moment, before relunctantly handing a bottle of sake to you.

"Just be careful with it now. Don't overdo it! I don't want to clean up after you!" warns the red-white before returning her attention to the game.

You wave your hand in the miko's direction dismissively, how bad could sake be anyway? You were sure if it tasted bad, no one would drink it after all. Opening the bottle, and pouring some of it into your cup you take a testing sip. It doesn't taste too bad really, but it wasn't the taste that nearly floored you, rather it was the sudden feeling of being smash in the face. You couldn't help but notice Marisa's face break into a grin as she looks at you.

"It's strong stuff, isn't it? Reina's face is all red, after just a sip!" laughs the witch, pouring herself some sake before drinking deeply from her own cup.

Reimu sighed and shook her head, "Don't go overdoing it now..."

"You'll get used to it Reina, go on!" taunts Suika, drinking from her gourd again as she sloppily plays her tiles,

Placing the bottle aside for now, certain the cupful before you will be plently, you do your best to try to focus on the mahjong game. For all the good it'll do you, even without the sake messing with your concentration, you were already hopelessly behind and before long you resign from the game with a sigh. Deciding to instead merely watch and chat a bit, using this time to get to know more of the mysterious party-loving Suika.

"So ah, Suika... Marisa tells me you're an oni...?"

"Yup! I mean, aren't the horns kinda obvious?" she looks at you and blinks, as if realizing something, "Oh right! You're that outsider girl, of course you wouldn't know by look, I suppose... but yeah! Why ya ask, Reina?"

"I was just a bit curious is all! So, does that make you a kind of youkai?" you ask, taking a small sip from your cup.

"Well, I suppose. Might make it easier for you I guess... 'course I'm much stronger then most youkai!" the oni grins happily, "Not even that Yuuka could beat me in a fistfight!"

"Are oni really that strong?"

"Well, yeah. Oni are pretty famous for their strength, I've seen Suika and Yuugi brawl before, lemme tell ya... it sure is somethin' ze." comments Marisa,

"Yuugi...?"

"Ah, she's another oni. She lives in the underground though, so I don't see her too much. Underground youkai aren't very well-liked up here, so they usually stay, well underground. It's pretty borin' down in the underground though..."

"Do you live in the underground then?"

"I wish she did. She likes to freeload around here really... always eating my food, and barely does any work!" complains the miko.

"Reimu's place is where all the fun happens though! It's borin' goin' up to Heaven too. That Tenshi girl ain't too much fun to play with."

You look at Suika with a confused look, Marisa mentions she can tell you about it some other time, Suika isn't the best person to ask to explain things. The game comes to a close, Marisa winning it, although Reimu insists the witch was cheating the entire time.

"Mahjong is no fun! Let's play something else!" pouts the oni.

"Well, we could try playing Go, maybe?" suggests Reimu, frowning slightly at the oni's childishness,

"No! That takes too much thinking! Not shogi either, too much thinking also!" counters Suika,

"Well, I don't think Reimu really owns anythin' else..." the witch frowns, and looks over at you, "you wouldn't know any games, would ya Reina?"

"Well, I know a few but... they're just card games..."

"Cards? Like hadafuda?" asks Reimu,

"No, no not like that. I'm not even sure what that is... they're pretty simple games though. Usually played with money, or some kind of betting items."

"Well, I've never tried it before... come on Reina, show us, show us!" cheers the oni happily.

Sighing Reimu departs the room again, returning with a deck of cards. Although the deck doesn't have the usual suites, it still contains the same basic idea, just with different symbols. Keeping it simple, you merely teach them blackjack, you of course play the role as the dealer. At first, the other girls fail rather miserably at the simple game (a nice change of pace to be winning for a change), but before long they begin to grasp it and enjoy it. Although there isn't any kind of betting going around.

"This isn't too bad really... you say people bet money in this kind of game?" asks Reimu,

"Usually they do. People use anything from actual currency, to things to represent it like... chips or something. Though, uhm, I guess some people use more... unusual things."

"Unusual things?" asks Marisa curiously,

"I-I'd rather not say..." you stammer, blushing slightly at the thought that crept into your mind.

"Hmmm... let's take a short break. Maybe we can use something to simulate some kind of money, or something... Reina, you don't mind sharing a bed with Marisa, do you?" asks the miko.

"Oh, no, of course not. That'll be fine."

Reimu nods and beckons you to follow her, she leads you to a nearby room which contains a small bed, and little else. The bed is a lot smaller then your own, and you wonder if Marisa herself would mind sleeping in such a small bed with you... when you mention this, the miko asks the witch, who merely laughs. Although you feel a bit tired, you are convinced by the trio to stay up some more to play blackjack with them.

The night drags on, and you begin to partake of more sake. You're not sure how long you were awake for, or how the night went. You didn't really remember much of the later night, turns out your alcohol tolerance was really low.

~

Groaning you open your eyes, and reflexively clutch your head, as a throbbing pain slams into it. You feel pretty awful and decide to never drink so much ever again, slowly sitting up you look around the room with half-opened eyes. Everything is a bit blurry, and you have a hard time seeing in the light. But eventually you adjust, and you take the situation in at a glance.

Scattered about the room are various articles of clothing, you immediately recognize some as your own, and then others look like Marisa's... and even some of Reimu's. You can't possibly imagine why there is clothing scattered everywhere, you also quickly note a full wardrobe is not scattered about the room, but rather only various pieces. Glancing down at the bed, you notice Marisa is sleeping quietly there.

All sleepiness is suddenly erased from your mind, as it begins to process what this scene could possibly entail. There was no sign of Reimu, so you couldn't imagine why some of her clothing is in the mess, but from the amount of your own, and Marisa's...

---

Morning surprise?:
[ ] FREAK OUT.
- [ ] Jump out of bed and get dressed.
- [ ] Wake up Marisa and demand to know what happened.
[ ] Don't panic!
- [ ] Calmly wake Marisa and ask her what happened.
- [ ] Don't wake Marisa, just get dressed and sneak away.
[ ] Write-in!

Inventory:
o None!

System:
> ++ Suika Ibuki
> + Marisa Kirisame
> + Reimu Hakurei
> + Unknown...
>> No. 94735
[x] Light a cig. Sure, it's a bit late for that, but who cares?
>> No. 94738
[x] Go back to sleep.
>> No. 94742
[x] Go back to sleep.
>> No. 94754
[x] Light a cig. Sure, it's a bit late for that, but who cares?
[x] Fire up Manowar - Pleasure slave on your iPod
>> No. 94762
[X] Don't panic!
-[X] Look, there's one way to be sure, right? You... you would remember that, so... just a check couldn't hurt, right? It would remind you if you... and her... so...
--[X] Quickly now, before anything can interfere! Kiss Marisa! It's the only way to remember if... that sort of thing happened...
>> No. 94765
>>94754

Problem with that Vote? Reina can't afford an iPod!
>> No. 94772
I'm going to put off on the update today. There's quite a few... interesting write-ins going. I'll hold off an update until tomorrow.

To make up for it, if things go right, I shall try to go for three updates tomorrow to make up for it.
>> No. 94882
[X] FREAK OUT. (Quietly.)
- [X] Jump out of bed and get dressed.
>> No. 94894
[x] FREAK OUT. (Quietly.)
- [x] Jump out of bed and get dressed.
>> No. 94924
There's a tie in votes. Update is still on hold until that is fixed.
>> No. 94935
File 125339510863.png - (374.16KB , 704x396 , when you meet scary people.png ) [iqdb]
94935
[X] Well, whatever you do, don't panic...
-[X] But damn. You would have liked to remember what happened.
-[X] Light a cig, and promptly realize you hate smoking.
>> No. 94936
[x] Go back to sleep.
>> No. 94938
[x] Go back to sleep.
>> No. 94941
With a lead of 1, update is being written with:
[x] Go back to sleep.
>> No. 94967
File 125341050374.jpg - (331.06KB , 708x1000 , 124571089018.jpg ) [iqdb]
94967
[x] Go back to sleep.

You shake your head, pushing the thought aside. It was a silly thought, you lay back down and just go back to sleep.

~

When you wake up some hours later, the mess from earlier is gone. Your own clothing, and book, are neatly set near your bed, and the clothing of Marisa and Reimu are missing. Marisa is missing as well. Gathering up your clothes and getting dressed, you notice a note tucked into the inside cover of the book, you take it out and unfold it:

"Didn't want to wake you. Went home, sorry! Ask Reimu for a lift back home if you like. - Marisa"

Pocketing the note, you search for a mirror to fix your messed up hair, when the miko pokes her head in the door.

"Oh, you're awake. Sleep alright?"

You briefly recall what you saw when you woke up, but push it aside, "Yeah. My head hurts real bad though..."

"You probably just drank too much really. It happens." the miko shrugs, "Er... this might sound odd but, do you remember much from last night?"

"I don't really remember too much, a bit..." you tilt your head to the side quizzically, "why?"

"Oh, no reason really. I was just curious, don't worry about it. You want something to eat?"

You see no reason to decline an offer for breakfast. Although it's not much, it's little more then rice, you imagine it probably means a lot for her to just offer food to you. Afterwords, she offers to fly you back to your house, which you accept - you haven't seen if Sakuya did leave any kind of payment after all. Plus, maybe someone in the village had come by to offer you work?

"Well, see you Reina. I guess, if you feel like it, drop by sometime." says the miko.

"Thanks for breakfast!" you reply, waving as she flies away.

Opening the door you notice a note tacked on the back of the door:

"Left payment in your little workroom. Also, I cleaned up a little bit. Your place is a mess."

There's no name, but it's pretty obvious who it's from. You sigh and pocket the note, going to check in the workshop. The room has been cleaned up, it even smells brand new and fresh, but that wasn't the first thing you noticed. No, actually it was the money neatly placed on the table. You're not sure if it's a lot of money, but at least you're not entirely broke.

Safely storing the money away, you notice another note near the window.

"If you get this note, let the crows know!"

It's unsigned, but you can tell it's from Aya.

---

Morning:
[ ] Contact Aya, see what she wants.
[ ] Go shopping!
- [ ] For what?
[ ] Write-in

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Book

System:
> Gained money!
> A chance is gone...

I'm not sure if I could think up a numerical value for money. Or if it even matters.

Picture unrelated to anything, really.
>> No. 94970
[X] Contact Aya, see what she wants.
[X] Your first dress got soaked in mud from the youkai attack. Laundry day.
>> No. 94976
[x] Contact Aya, see what she wants.
[x] Go shopping!
- [x] Clothes if we're running low
- [x] Food
[x] Leave a bit for donating to Reimu.

I must say if someone doesn't know about an event, it can't affect their opinion.

And perhaps an news bit with the tengu might liven up our day.... that or she knows what happened last night.
>> No. 94977
[ ] Contact Aya, see what she wants.
>> No. 94992
File 125341968892.jpg - (77.31KB , 600x512 , 1204518731057.jpg ) [iqdb]
94992
>"Didn't want to wake you. Went home, sorry! Ask Reimu for a lift back home if you like. - Marisa"
>> A chance is gone...

Way to go, assholes. We could've seen half-naked bed-hair Marisa and had breakfast with her and maybe found out more about what happened last night, but no, let's do the most boring possible thing.
>> No. 95038
File 125347063364.jpg - (246.96KB , 1200x1636 , f418650606c4a57daee5f37bed3ebb6a.jpg ) [iqdb]
95038
[x] Contact Aya, see what she wants.

Fetching the crow's feather you scribble out a note in reply to Aya, and well, leave the feather and note outside your windowsill. Now that you think about it, this seems to be the silliest way to contact someone, how would it even...

You watch as a crow flies by, rolls up the note in it's claw, and then flies away. It takes you a few moments for your brain to process a crow actually being capable of doing that, before you reason the crows are all probably youkai. Well, guess you better get some food and drink ready for Aya's little visit. You wonder what she wanted to talk to you about...

~

It doesn't take Aya long to arrive, you barely started making food, when you hear the window slide open. Walking out of the kitchen, you see the crow tengu waving at you as she walks over towards the counter. She sniffs at the air a bit.

"You cooking something Reina?" she asks, hopping over the counter.

"I thought if you were going to drop by, I may as well have something for you to eat. You got here a lot faster then I expected, I've barely started."

"Well, I am the fastest youkai in Gensokyo! Smells good though, I won't mind waiting a little bit for it to be finished..."

You nod, "It'll be a little bit. So, what did you want to talk to me about Aya?" you ask, returning to tending to the food.

"Oh, just some things I think you may find... interesting." replies the tengu with a smile, fetching some items and placing them on the table, "Take a look~."

Frowning, you walk over to the table and notice the items she placed on it, are photos. Picking one up, you look at it curiously. Your face turns a shade of red, as you realize this picture was taken during your use of the onsen with Marisa and Reimu. Placing it on the table, you pick up another, this one of your pre-drinking time during the 'sleepover'.

"H-how did you..." you stammer, picking through the various photos on the table.

"You outsiders always are fun to follow. Something interesting, always happens..."

You shake your head, willing the blush to go away, "Just... w-why did you come here to show me them?"

"Well, I was going to put them in today's Bunbunmaru, on the front page of course! But well... I just thought I would be nice enough to show you first... not to mention..." Aya pauses to place some more photos on the table, "well, look for yourself!"

The newest batch of photos happen to be things you don't remember from the little 'sleepover' last night. Judging by the way clothing was disappearing over the course of them, you could only imagine it was because someone had suggested to use clothing as betting material for blackjack. That certainly explained all the clothing everywhere. There's nothing in these photos to explain why you woke up with Marisa though.

"You're just a barrel of fun, Reina! I'm sure if I published these photos, I'd get so many new readers! Of course, whenever I publish them or not... depends on you."

"... Me?" you managed to squeak out, after finding your voice.

"Well, I wasn't exactly alone last night. Alice was in the area for a while... she didn't look too happy after a while though, and left. She looked especially angry when she saw all these photos too. She of course, doesn't want me to publish them. While I would like to respect her wishes, and save some modesty for all involved, I do have a paper to run, and for it to be popular, it needs good articles!" she sighs, "With a lack of incidents lately, this is probably the most newsworthy event to happen for a while."

"So, why does this all depend on me then?" you ask with a frown.

"Simple! I won't publish these if we can work out some sort of... agreement. I can't possibly ask Alice, she looks on the verge of wanting to kill someone. I'm sure I could beat her in a danmaku duel, but well, I'd rather not... there's nothing to be gained from it. I guess it sounds kind of mean, but you are someone with no danmaku abilites, so me asking you for some favors, is a much safer option."

"Y-you're blackmailing me!?"

"What!? Blackmail? Of course not! Don't think about it that way!" snaps Aya with a frown, "I'm not going to ask for anything bad from you. All I want is my interview! Well, and to maybe do some on the side reporting for me... or fix up some things. Possibly some various small time favors. Nothing serious though, I assure you."

You frown as you think it over.

---

Aya's offer:
[ ] Accept Aya's interview.
- [ ] Be a reporter for the Bunbunmaru!?
- [ ] Ask more about the things needing fixing.
- [ ] Favors?
[ ] Decline!
- [ ] Write-in
[ ] Write-in?

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Book

System:
> + Aya Shameimaru

Figured out what those Unknowns earlier were, yet?
>> No. 95039
>>95038
[x] Fine, I'll do your stupid interview. That makes us even.
[x] If you want something fixed, you're still paying something for it.
>> No. 95041
[x] Accept Aya's interview.
- [x] Ask more about the things needing fixing.
r.
- [x] Express an interest in some copies, even if you have to do a bit more work.
- [x] If she agrees inquire about her favors.
- [x] Ask why she'd need you to report for he
Snooping Alice....

I figure Reina would be curious about last night, but at the same time not wanting things to be plastered all over Aya's paper for her new friend's sake.
>> No. 95044
[x] Fine, I'll do your stupid interview. That makes us even.
[x] If you want something fixed, you're still paying something for it.
>> No. 95046
[ ] Accept Aya's interview.
- [ ] Ask more about the things needing fixing.
>> No. 95047
[x] Fine, I'll do your stupid interview. That makes us even.
[x] If you want something fixed, you're still paying something for it.
>> No. 95048
Calling it as:
[x] Fine, I'll do your stupid interview. That makes us even.
[x] If you want something fixed, you're still paying something for it.

Writing now. Please wait warmly.
>> No. 95051
File 125347692381.jpg - (82.25KB , 1040x624 , 417715c317020a9eee8d44befadf29b4.jpg ) [iqdb]
95051
[x] Fine, I'll do your stupid interview. That makes us even.
[x] If you want something fixed, you're still paying something for it.

Sighing, you throw up your hands, "Alright, fine. You're pretty deadset on this interview, aren't you?"

"Well, I am a reporter! I need things to report! Don't sound so grumpy about the whole thing." scolds Aya, making a tsk sound,

"I'm not going to do work for free either, I have to make a living." you reply.

The tengu frowns and sighs, "Very well then. I see you're not going to take this very gracefully..." she gathers up the photos and stores them away, before bringing out her notebook, "if you'll just take a seat, I'll try and get this over with."

~

True to her word, the interview lasts only a little over an hour. Despite your rather sour mood, you still offer her something to eat and drink, which she politely declines. You've never been interviewed before, but it seemed rather uneventful, mostly just a lot of questions about you. As the tengu got up to leave, promising she wouldn't publish the photos or write an article about last night, she takes back the crow's feather.

"I suppose you won't be needing this anymore, will you?" she asks, you're not certain but her tone of voice sounds a little hurt.

"Well, I suppose I won't?" you respond with a shrug.

Frowning, she tucks the feather behind one of her ears, "Very well. I'll keep delivering the paper, so if you for whatever reason..." she shakes her head, opening the window, "ah, nevermind. See you around Reina."

Without waiting for a reply she hops out the window, and is gone by the time you walk over to close the window. It occurs to you that you don't know what the tengu is going to do now, she still has all the photos and everything... what if she decided to lie to you? Well, it's a bit late now, and you've no way to contact her now. You don't even see any crows hanging around outside anymore.

Free from your obligations to the crow tengu, you now have the day to yourself! For now anyway. You do wonder why Alice was snooping around however, and Aya did mention she seemed rather angry since that time... well, no way to ask Aya about Alice now either.

---

The morning is yours!:
[ ] Go shopping!
- [ ] For what? (Write-in)
[ ] Wander around the village?
- [ ] But where? (Write-in)
[ ] See if you can find a way to visit...
- [ ] Marisa?
- [ ] The Scarlet Devil Mansion?
- [ ] Other? (Write-in)

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Book

System:
> -- Aya Shameimaru
> Lost "Crow's Feather"
> A chance is gone...

Shortish update again, sorry. I'll try for a third one today! We'll see.

Do not have any disappointed Aya pictures.
>> No. 95052
[x] See if you can find a way to visit...
- [x] The Scarlet Devil Mansion?
>> No. 95055
[x] Wander around the village?
- [x] The schoolhouse when it's not too busy.

Let's see who we alienate next. But this would open up more of Gensokyo and perhaps meet Mokou.
>> No. 95059
File 12534785375.jpg - (220.12KB , 700x700 , 122922282236.jpg ) [iqdb]
95059
>> A chance is gone...
look, this is just making me not want to read your story anymore.

stop giving choices between "interesting" and "disappointing", you can come up with something interesting for any choice. if the choice is to do something boring (like sleep) then have something unexpected happen instead (suika trips over you waking you up, other stuff happens, etc.)
>> No. 95061
>>95059
Just to clarify, those messages don't mean you missed something /forever/. It just means you missed something at that particular point.

I will also acknowledge the [x] Go to sleep writing I did, was pretty poor, but I was struggling with it. I'm not used to write-ins, so I'm trying to suggest them more so I can get used to it and figure out ways to turn boring, into interesting.
>> No. 95063
>>95061
Fair enough. It's just a little bit demoralizing for the readers, you understand.
>> No. 95065
>>95063
I understand. I'll try to quit using them so much, or at the very least, quit making them sound so depressing.
>> No. 95073
[x] Wander around the village?
- [x] The schoolhouse when it's not too busy.
>> No. 95103
File 125349121995.jpg - (130.74KB , 700x900 , 399e24342e28203631a755fe4c2bbca7.jpg ) [iqdb]
95103
[x] Wander around the village?
- [x] The schoolhouse when it's not too busy.

Thinking about the whole Alice thing is going to get you know where. You can't ask Aya, and you're pretty sure going to the Forest of Magic and looking for her, might end up with you being gobbled up (or worse!) by who knows what. It's still pretty early, so why not go wandering around the village? You really haven't explored it that throughly, and there were a few points of interest on the Yukari-made map you haven't seen. Namely the schoolhouse, it had interested you at first, but you never really went out to visit it.

Your first few days had really been spent in Marisa's company, come to think of it. You wonder what she was doing now, and why she had to leave so suddenly in the morning without saying anything. Perhaps you'll ask her when you see her next. Carrying the book under your arm as usual, you leave the comfort of home and begin the casual stroll down to the village. The weather is particularly nice today, with a nice cool breeze and a comfortable temperature. You hadn't thought about it much, but Gensokyo seemed much more... beautiful, then the 'real' world. There was no drab, skyline hogging buildings or any kind of odd smells in the cities.

Gensokyo seemed like what the world would be like, if technology hadn't existed. Or perhaps, if technology had been replaced by magic? You weren't really sure what kind of technology was used in Gensokyo, perhaps something you should look into sometime. Following your map, it doesn't take long to locate the schoolhouse. As you near, you can hear the sounds of children at play, and you guess it must be about recess time. As you round the corner and walk through the gates to the schoolhouse's courtyard, you're surprised at what you see.

Aside from normal human children, you also see some seemingly human children - only they have wings from their backs. One in particular has short icy blue hair and ice-style wings, and is off playing with a green-haired winged child, a pink-haired bird like child, a blonde-haired girl in a black dress, and a green-haired girl wearing a shirt and shorts.

Watching all the children at play is a dress-wearing woman, with long blueish hair and brown eyes. She's also wearing a rather funny-shaped hat, as you approach she looks up at you and smiles.

"Ah, hello there. What brings you here?" she asks politely.

"Just exploring around a bit, this map I got has this place on it so..." you shrug, "I thought it might be worth seeing."

"Oh?" she studies you carefully for a moment, "You must be the newcomer I've heard about. It's rare for outsider humans to appear here, or at least, last long enough to come to the village. It's a shame, you humans are quite interesting, really..."

You tilt your head to the side, "So, I take it you're a youkai then?"

"I do suppose it is hard to tell a youkai by just a look, isn't it? But yes I am. Don't think you have to be afraid of me or anything, unlike some youkai, I have a particular fondness of humans. Though, I guess that should be obvious, if I didn't, I would be a rather terrible schoolteacher, would I not?" she laughs.

"I suppose that is true. I take it some of these students here are also youkai?"

"Ah of course. Though it is mostly fairies, I'm not sure if you know but most youkai tend to be rather intelligent. Of course, not all of them but... I suppose the same is true for humans."

"Sounds about right really. You don't mind if I hang around here or anything, do you?" you ask.

"I don't mind, the students are on recess right now anyway. You can even stay and help around the school if you like! Just try not to cheat for the students, will you?" she laughs.

---

Schoolhouse!:
[ ] Agree to help around the schoolhouse.
[ ] That ice-haired girl and her friends, seem interesting, go see them?
[ ] Decline to help.
[ ] Other (Write-in)

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Book
>> No. 95104
[x] Agree to help around the schoolhouse.
>> No. 95109
[ ] Agree to help around the schoolhouse.
>> No. 95158
File 125355125159.png - (151.55KB , 600x500 , 8ed220b85416aea7a569f0d4a36060a3.png ) [iqdb]
95158
[x] Agree to help around the schoolhouse.

With nothing better to do, you decide offering to help around the schoolhouse might not be such a bad idea. It would give you a chance to just relax, somewhat, and get to know more about the way this village worked.

"Sure, I don't mind helping." you say with a smile.

"Oh? I have to admit, I didn't really expect you to agree." she laughs and extends her hand out, "I'm Keine. Keine Kamishirasawa."

You shake the youkai's hand, "Reina Roots. Erm, you don't mind if I just call you Keine do you? Your last name is a bit of a mouthful..."

Keine shakes her head and smiles, "Of course, Keine is fine. I understand my full name is a tad much to say."

After a few minutes of idle conversation, the youkai schoolteacher begins the process of gathering up the students and herding them back into the schoolhouse. You do your best to help, and quickly learn the fairy students are the worst of the bunch, they seem to actively do their best to avoid you. Once Keine comes around though, they quickly fall in line and hurry inside.

Once inside, you notice Keine has another helper. It's another young-looking woman, with incredibly long silver hair and dressed in shirt and pants. When you walk in with Keine, she regards you curiously.

"Oi, whose the new girl? I haven't seen her before..." mutters the silver-haired girl suspiciously.

"You might know who she is, if you visited the village more often you know." replies Keine with a tsk, "She's Reina Roots, she's the most recent outsider to Gensokyo."

"Reina eh? What a funny last name but... whatever." the girl shrugs, "She's here to help, I take it?"

Keine nods in response, guiding the small group to the classroom, "Reina most generously decided to volunteer her time to help. I trust you don't mind?"

"Me? 'Course not. It'll be refreshing to have another human to talk to around here." replied the girl with a grin.

"May I ask who you are?" you ask.

"Huh? Oh, right, guess I haven't introduced myself. The name's Mokou. Nice to meetcha."

"Before you ask, Mokou is indeed a human. She's a bit of a special case though. It'd take time to explain, and it's a bit personal, so I'm afraid I can't really get into the details." says Keine

"Well, it's nice to meet another human around here I suppose." you extend out your hand, and shake Mokou's hand.

"Who else have ya met then?" she asks, taking a seat in the back of the classroom.

"Well, I've met Marisa and Reimu. Oh! And Sakuya as well." you reply, joining Mokou in the back of the class.

"Really, even been to the Mansion have ya? I guess you've met most of the more important figures around here... well, we can talk some more later. Wouldn't want to have Keine get angry at me for talking during class..."

You resist the urge to laugh, and merely nod your head, turning your attention to keeping an eye on Keine's class, and also listening to her teach.

~

By the time lunch rolls around, you've probably relived at least a portion of your early childhood - the boring parts of it at least. The students seem rather well behaved, and you and Mokou have a rather uneventful 'watch'. As the class rushes out of the classroom, now carrying various styles of lunchboxes or bags, Keine walks through the crowd of students without a problem, smiling as she nears you and Mokou.

"I do hope I didn't bore you to sleep."

"Ah, not at all Keine. It almost feels like I'm at elementary school again." you reply with a smile.

"I'd fear you comin' over here and headbuttin' me too much to fall asleep during your lectures." teases Mokou, laughing.

"It hasn't stopped you from napping during other times, of course..." replies the youkai with a chuckle.

"Er, w-well..." the silver-haired girl blushes slightly and shakes her head, "guess we better go watch those kids!"

Heading back out into the courtyard, Keine takes up her position to monitor all the students at once, leaving you and Mokou pretty much to figure out what to do. The students seem too involved in eating their meals and conversing to do much of anything. As you idly chat with Mokou, your talk is interrupted by the growl of your stomach. You can't help but blush a bit and frown.

"When was the last time you've eaten somethin', Reina?" asks Mokou, resisting the urge to laugh.

"N-not that long ago really... not sure why I'm suddenly so hungry." you reply weakly, chuckling.

"Ah, the body is that way sometimes. It smells food, so it wants to eat too! If you want, after the school day is done, I can treat ya to somethin' I made myself."

You nod, "Sounds nice. We just have to get through the schoolday first, right?"

"Ah, it's lunchtime now. The day is almost done anyway." replies Mokou dismissively.

It doesn't take too much longer before the schoolday does indeed end, and little of anything eventful occurs. Which you suppose is a good thing. You did learn a little bit about Gensokyo history though, so it was a rather rewarding experience. Not to mention, you did get to meet Keine and Mokou. Mokou's offer for food still stood, although Keine offered to introduce you to a friend of her's. You'd like to do both, but both events are on a rather strict timeline...

---

After school:
[ ] Go with Mokou for food!
[ ] Go with Keine and see her friend.
[ ] Politely decline both.
- [ ] Write-in what to do next!
[ ] Mandatory write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Book

System:
> + Keine Kamishirasawa
>> No. 95159
[x] Ask Keine if she could introduce you another time to her friend another time.
[x] Go with Mokou for food!

Chances are Keine's refering to Akyuu.
>> No. 95160
[ ] Go with Mokou for food!
>> No. 95165
[T] Go with Mokou for food!

Always befriend the EX-stage boss.
>> No. 95220
>>95165
Even if it were Flandre?

Writing underway. Please wait warmly.
>> No. 95223
File 125357826991.png - (1.34MB , 1186x1028 , 4eba7884ea741da110a76f9432795eb5.png ) [iqdb]
95223
[x] Ask Keine if she could introduce you another time to her friend
[x] Go with Mokou for food!

* Self added author's correction to optional vote, because it sounded funny.

"Perhaps another time, Keine? I am feeling a little bit hungry..." you chuckle in response, rubbing your head.

The schoolteacher smiles and shakes her head, "Don't worry about it. I'm sure she'll have time to see you tomorrow. Have a good day, and thank you for your help, Reina."

"Reina ain't such a bad helper after all, eh?" adds in Mokou with a grin, "It's a bit of a walk, you don't mind do you?"

You shake your head, "Not at all. It's kind of refreshing being able to walk around like this, without any problems..."

"You make it sound like you've had issues just walkin' around before?" asks the silver-haired girl as she leads you away from the schoolhouse.

"Well, yes. I'm actually rather sickly, but oddly, ever since I came here I've been feeling rather healthy. It's not a bad thing of course, so I haven't thought much about it."

"Really? That's pretty interestin', I don't think I've heard of folk just droppin' in and suddenly they're all healthy again. If you were still sick, I'd recommend go visiting Eientei or perhaps visiting Reisen's shop, if she's here or not. Sometimes she is, sometimes she isn't, of course." the girl shrugs.

"Eientei? I think I saw that on my map..."

"It's an old mansion like thing out in the smack dab middle of nowhere in the Bamboo Forest. Usually you'd never find it, but well, let's just say I know the way. If you need any help medically, it's really the place to go." Mokou frowns, then shrugs, "As for Reisen, she works there. She's a moon rabbit, and I guess she's an assistant or something to Eirin. She's in the village sometimes, selling medicine."

"A... moon rabbit?"

"Why would you... oh! Ahaha, right, outsider... well, it's pretty much what it says. She's a rabbit, from the moon. People live up there, didn't you know? Lunarians, I think they call them. Well, and the moon rabbits of course. There are earth rabbits too, the best way to tell is look at their ears. Earth ones have ears right out of their heads, but moon ones look like they're button'd on or something. It's pretty odd."

"I-I see... I guess Gensokyo really has just about everything, doesn't it?" you ask with a shrug.

"Just about really. If you can imagine it, it probably lives here. Well, maybe except for dragons or something, I don't think any of us have seen those."

Mokou laughs, and the two of you idly chatter for a bit. Not too long after, she leads you to a stand set up near the village's edges. It's closed, and you see no one around, so you can only assume it belongs to Mokou. As she goes about setting up to get something cooked, you take a seat at a provided table.

"So this is your stand, I take it?"

"Yup! I usually would have it in the village, but well, didn't think I'd be hanging around today." she shrugs, "Just wait a bit, and I'll get you somethin'! You er, don't mind meat do ya...?"

"No, no of course not! I'd love to try something new, anyway. I'm afraid my own diet is rather boring and uninteresting..."

"Maybe you can show me what you eat sometime, I'm sure it's a lot better then what I've had over the years." jokes Mokou,

"It might be a bit odd to ask, but how old are you Mokou? You look pretty young, but..."

"Er, well... if I told you, you wouldn't believe it. Plus it'd probably lead to some awkward moments... though, I guess this answer does the same so uhm..." Mokou chuckles nervously, "maybe I'll tell you all about it some other time. You understand, right?"

You smile and shake your head, "Of course, don't worry about it. What are you making anyway? It smells delicious..."

Not too long after, Mokou comes out of the stand holding in her hand some sort of meat on a stick. She hands it to you, and you take it. Looking at it, the meat looks kind of like chicken, but you can't be sure until you try a bite. Upon doing so, your eyes nearly light up as you quickly devour the rest of the meat on the stick. Mokou laughs as she goes back to her stand.

"It's called yakitori. I don't imagine you've had it before?"

"Never! It's delicious! I wish I could make this..."

"Well, if you know how to cook, maybe I can teach you. Though, I couldn't tell you how I make my own of course, that'd just run me out of a customer!" teases Mokou, laughing again,

---

Mokou's yakitori, delicious!:
[ ] Offer to pay for what you eat.
[ ] Ask if she can teach you how to make it?
[ ] Ask about Mokou?
- [ ] Write in questions!
[ ] Mandatory write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Book

System:
> + Mokou no Fujiwara
> Ate delicious yakitori!

I'm craving yakitori so bad now.
>> No. 95225
File 125357884239.jpg - (166.87KB , 1000x1000 , 499083e80457be4cb813902ae46a1193.jpg ) [iqdb]
95225
[x] Offer to pay for what you eat.
[x] Ask if she can teach you how to make it?

[x] Ask Mokou about herself.
-- [x] after that, inquire more information on Eientei from her, if possible.
>> No. 95227
[x] Offer to pay for what you eat.
[x] Ask if she can teach you how to make it?
>> No. 95228
[x] Offer to pay for what you eat.
[x] Ask if she can teach you how to make it?
[x] Ask about Mokou?
- [x] "How did you get to know Miss Keine?
- [x] Ask more about Eientei if she feels like it.

Reina's a nice girl... though one that might want to apologize to Aya.
>> No. 95234
>>95228
Bullshit, why would we apologize to paparazzi? If anything, she owes us one.
>> No. 95237
>>95234

At least ask to have the feather back. Reina's frosted, rightfully so, but she doesn't seem the type to break a friendship off forever.
>> No. 95240
>>95234

You assume she does things just for the sheer malicious sake of ruining people's names. She means well but lets her opinion get in the way.

Sure we had a right to be peeved but not to be such a bitch about it. But I think that was part of the plan, wasn't it, you goddamned Aya haters.

We should work to mend the fences and apologize for our over the top reaction.
>> No. 95281
[x] Offer to pay for what you eat.
[x] Ask if she can teach you how to make it?
[x] Ask about Mokou?
- [x] "How did you get to know Miss Keine?
- [x] Ask more about Eientei if she feels like it.

>>95220
Yes, even if it is Flandre.
>> No. 95284
[x] Offer to pay for what you eat.
[x] Ask if she can teach you how to make it?
[x] Ask about Mokou?
- [x] "How did you get to know Miss Keine?
- [x] Ask more about Eientei if she feels like it.

Gah. I miss the story for a couple of days and you all miss a Marisa scene AND ruin a potenial friendship with one of the nicest versions of Aya on the site. All of you suck.
>> No. 95325
File 125366203648.jpg - (587.70KB , 800x1129 , cd916fe524b32c749ecd23aca5b3f266.jpg ) [iqdb]
95325
[x] Offer to pay for what you eat.
[x] Ask if she can teach you how to make it?
[x] Ask about Mokou?
- [x] "How did you get to know Miss Keine?
- [x] Ask more about Eientei if she feels like it.

"I wouldn't mind learning, really. It would be interesting to learn something new."

"Well, if you really want to I won't mind teachin' you. Though, I'm not the best teacher in the world..." she replies chuckling.

Joining Mokou behind the counter of the stand, so that she may teach you the wonderful art of yakitori cooking, you continue your conversation with the silver-haired girl.

"May I ask how you know Keine?"

"Well, sure I don't see why not. She's my friend around here, did I mention I usually just stay in the bamboo forest? There aren't many things there, beyond Eientei of course." she pauses to correct your way of putting the meat on the stick, "I really just met her by chance in the forest. I can't really explain too many specifics about that, it's kind of a secret, you see? You can ask Keine about it though, I'd rather not run my mouth and get headbutted..."

You nod and chuckle, "I understand, everyone has their secrets. Does Keine really headbutt people, by the way...?"

"Of course she does. She looks really nice and all, but boy, she's a strict teacher... don't forget to do your homework is usually the first lesson her students will learn. She's got a pretty hard head too..." Mokou mutters, rubbing her forehead, "still, don't think she does it to really hurt people. It's just a particularly unique way to, well, aid in the memory process, or something? I forget how she explained the whole thing."

"I-I see." you make a mental note to not find out firsthand why Keine would heatbutt someone, "Can you tell me a bit more about Eientei?"

"Hmmm, well sure, lemme just think a moment here..." as she thinks, she goes over the correct way to grill the meat, "I suppose beyond serving as a sort of hospital, is that what you call them? And as the home of the rabbits in general... it's home to big ol' bath there too. It's pretty popular, among the people who can actually regularly visit it." Mokou frowns as she pauses for a while, "It's also home to another Lunarian besides Eirin, she's well... a princess, I guess would be a way to explain it. Her name is Kaguya."

You can't help but notice the way Mokou says 'Kaguya', seems a little strained, "Do you not feel comfortable discussing this Mokou? You don't have to, if you don't want too..."

Mokou chuckles and smiles, "Yeah, sorry. It's a bit of a personal thing. And well, that's the basic way to cook yakitori, not too hard is it?"

"No, not at all. Pretty simple really..." you take a testing bite of your own stick, "n-not nearly as good as your's..."

"Hahahahaha, well, practice makes perfect Reina. You can try using some various sauces on the chicken too, see what makes it taste best." she hands you one of the sticks of yakitori she made, "It's gettin' a bit late so this'll be the last for the night. I hope you enjoyed it."

You smile as you take the stick and happily slide a piece of meat off the stick, "It was very delicious Mokou, thank you."

"Well, glad to know my cookin' is good. Maybe I should try to sell yakitori a bit more often, it does seem everyone who tries it loves it!" she laughs.

"I'm sure you'd get a good following going, and speaking of selling..." you put some money on the counter of Mokou's stand, "you're supposed to pay for this, right?"

"You don't have to! I mean, I did offer you this for free..." stammers Mokou in surprise,

"I insist. I wouldn't feel right eating all this yakitori for free!"

Mokou opens then closes her mouth, shaking her head, "Alright, thank you then Reina. You're a pretty nice person, it's nice meeting you. You want me to walk you back into the village?"

"We're not that far out, right? I can make it on my own, thank you for the offer though."

Smiling you wave to Mokou as you depart her little yakitori stand, and begin the short walk back to the village, a stick of yakitori in hand. It's starting to get a bit dark out, and becoming a little chill, but unlike your night at the forest, you are not bothered by human-hungry youkai. As you near the village, you notice near a house on the outskirts of the village, is a rather large field of sunflowers. Not only is the field bountiful, but the flowers themselves are rather large.

You wonder if this is where the florist lives, and as you ponder that thought a moment, you can pick out the silhoutte of a figure moving within the sunflowers...

---

Village outskirts:
[ ] Investigate the sunflowers!
[ ] Ignore it and move on.
- [ ] What to do now? (Write-in)
[ ] Write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Book
o Yakitori made by Mokou

System:
> + Mokou no Fujiwara
> Learned to make Yakitori!
> Random encounter!

Sorry about not having an earlier update, today was kind of crappy. I may try to make it up with another update tonight, but I promise nothing. Hopefully tomorrow I will return to my normal update schedule.
>> No. 95326
[x] Investigate the sunflowers!
>> No. 95327
[x] Investigate the sunflowers!
>> No. 95331
[x] Investigate the sunflowers!
>> No. 95359
[X] Investigate the sunflowers!

Can't hurt, right?
>> No. 95368
File 125372376899.jpg - (114.44KB , 572x800 , 488dd7ce185666cad6f65cdc5e76991b.jpg ) [iqdb]
95368
[X] Investigate the sunflowers!

Your curiousity is sufficiently aroused enough to investigate the silhoutte you see. Walking over towards the sunflowers, and hopping over the short fence, you peer into the field of sunflowers, trying to see where the figure had disappeared to.

"Have I not seen you before, little flower?" speaks a voice from behind you.

Whirling around, you find a somewhat familiar youkai standing behind you, her red eyes staring down at you. It's the youkai Marisa had pointed out to you before, the flower youkai Yuuka. Although she seems to be looking at you harmlessly, you can't help but feel uneasy.

"Ah, of course, you were in the company of the witch, were you not?" she continues, a thin smile creeping onto her face.

You manage to weakly nod your head, "Y-yes, I was."

"Good, good. You didn't try to lie to me! I see you have at least the common sense to not lie to your superiors..." she considers you, twirling her parasol as she does so, "don't look so frightened little flower, had I wished to inflict pain or harm upon you, I could've done in so in more ways then you imagined by now..."

You gulp, "Of course, my apologies..."

The green-haired youkai's smile widens, ever so slightly, "Such a polite little flower. I have heard a little bit of you from the flowers," she reaches out to touch one of the sunflowers, "you are something of interest to them, as are all outsiders. They however, seem to say you are a little bit more interesting then usual.

She pauses to stroll over to another flower, "By seeing you, I can confirm it. Not only have you been in the company of the witch, but also the shrine maiden... it seems you've briefly met the childish oni as well, haven't you?" she turns her attention to a new flower, "Even the crow, it seems. But most interestingly, you've even met Yukari. That is quite the rare occurance for outsiders, although I can only pick up the faintest traces of her on you, it still significant, and I confess, highly interesting."

You manage to finally find your voice, "How so?"

"I'm sure you've heard, little flower, that Yukari is quite the elusive youkai. She is one of the few youkai I would love to fight, but she is also a very well... she is very much the perfect example of the more relaxed side of youkai." the flower youkai turns her attention back to you, "Yukari is often asleep, only awake during the night hours, and even then, she rarely leaves her home. So when one meets her, I must take special interest in them, for I often wonder if she keeps an eye on them..." she chuckles and walks closer to you, "but do not misunderstand me, even if she does watch you, I wouldn't hurt you for the sake of possibly luring her out.

"No, no, that would be quite wasteful. Killing you would take little more then me to lift my finger, and there is no fun in that. Of course, if you were foolish enough to make it personal... well, then your death would assured."

You weakly nod in response, "I hope I wouldn't be stupid enough to do something like that..."

"Of course little flower, of course. So tell me little flower, may I request you grace me with your time? It is only chance we meet like this, and I think you may be interesting. Of course, do not feel obligated to do so, if you wish to go, feel free." she smiles, a smile that gives no warmth, "Not to sway your decision in anyway, but I may have some possible gifts you may like..."

---

Night encounter with the flowers!:
[ ] Accept her offer
- [ ] Introduce yourself?
- [ ] Ask about the 'gifts'?
- [ ] Ask about Yuuka?
- [ ] Write-in questions
- [ ] Write-in
[ ] Decline!
- [ ] Where would you go?
[ ] Write-in

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Book
o Yakitori made by Mokou
>> No. 95369
[ ] Decline!
- [ ] GO HOME
>> No. 95370
>>95369
Crying home alone option
>> No. 95371
[X] It sounds interesting... and this woman's kind of scary, despite her assurances. Tell her you'd like to...
[X] "...but what'll stop Yukari from ripping me into tiny tiny pieces?"
[X] Ask her why she calls you a little flower. She calls the sunflowers that, too; does that mean anything?
[X] Introduce yourself only if she asks.
(X) Wonder - very quietly in your head, of course - why you seem to meet all these overpowered people.
>> No. 95372
[ ] Accept her offer
- [ ] Introduce yourself?
- [ ] Ask about Yuuka?
>> No. 95373
[ ] Accept her offer
- [ ] Introduce yourself?
- [ ] Ask about Yuuka?
- [ ] Ask about the 'gifts'?

I bet she knows our name already. Also, be polite and ask about the gifts after asking about everything else.
I wonder what those gifts could be? A sunflower parasol? Special seeds?
>> No. 95377
[x] Accept her offer
- [x] Introduce yourself?
- [x] Ask about Yuuka?
- [x] Ask about the 'gifts'?

Making friends with Yuuka isn't a bad idea at all.
>> No. 95392
[x] Accept her offer
- [x] Introduce yourself?
- [x] Ask about Yuuka?
- [x] Ask about the 'gifts'?
>> No. 95452
File 125375273165.jpg - (536.58KB , 800x653 , 0f23016ec6feb62e5a3dc626a6d025af.jpg ) [iqdb]
95452
[x] Accept her offer
- [x] Introduce yourself?
- [x] Ask about Yuuka?
- [x] Ask about the 'gifts'?
- [X] Ask her why she calls you a little flower. She calls the sunflowers that, too; does that mean anything?

Squelching down the impulse to flee from the seemingly harmless youkai, you slowly nod your head, "I-I don't see why I can't stay a while."

The youkai's smile widens, ever so slightly, "Very well, little flower. Wouldn't you rather sit down? Come along now."

She leads you into the small home, within are more flowers growing within pots, and simply out of the floor. You doubt the house belongs to Yuuka, but you suspect its owner no longer inhabits it. Aside from the flowers, the home seems to be in overall terrible shape with holes beginning to form in the ceiling and walls, but the plants within seem to compensate by growing interlacing vines to cover the weakened structure.

The flower youkai tests the strength of a chair, before offering you to sit down, you see no reason to decline.

"As you may suspect, the owner of this home is no longer here." she finds another intact chair, and sits down near you, "The owner was an outsider, just like you. Of course, he did not have much appreciation for the flowers and plants. A pity. He was quite the pest, and was dealt with accordingly."

You involuntarily shiver, "Did you..."

"Kill him? Why yes, of course. He had attempted to harm my flowers, by threatening to set them on fire. That was simply not acceptable, attempting to harm my flowers, is like trying to harm me. No human could possibly get away with it..." she pauses, as if remembering something, "rather, not too many. Fortunantly, most of you humans are more intelligent then he. Most of you seem to possess some high level of fear for me, though I cannot possibly imagine why..."

You can't be sure, but her tone of voice seems to imply joking, "I can't possibly imagine why..."

"Of course little flower, of course... but ah, enough about me. Why don't you tell me a little bit about you, little flower?" she asks, the thin smile reappearing on her face.

"Er, w-well... I suppose a formal introduction..." you cough and shake your head, "I'm Reina, Reina Roots."

"Roots? My, my... quite the interesting family name. I suspect you know me already, but it would be impolite to assume. Yuuka Kazami, you may call me Yuuka, of course... may I call you Reina, little flower?"

You nod your head, "Of course, I don't mind. This might sound odd, but uh, why do you call me little flower, anyway?"

"Because that's what you are, Reina. I had to call you something, and you are a little flower. Of course, I believe you would prefer your name, correct?" asks Yuuka, you nod in reply, "That is quite acceptable. You look like you have more to ask, so go on..."

"May I ask why I'm a little flower to you? I noticed you call some of the flowers that as well."

Yuuka nods, reaching a hand out to stroke the leaves of a nearby flower, "It would be difficult to explain to you. But, I suppose in simple terms, it is merely a form of... respect. Yes, I think that may make sense to you, Reina? I do not call everything little flower, it's only something I reserve for special cases. In fact, I can't remember calling a human it for quite some time, it was... interesting."

"I see, well then, I thank you for it, Yuuka."

At hearing you speak her name, Yuuka's smile widens ever so slightly, "You are most welcome, Reina. What else is on your mind?"

"May I ask about you? In general?"

"My, my, about me? How very flattering, not even the crow tengu likes to ask about me. Though I suspect, telling you everything about me, would take longer then your lifespan. You humans live such short lives, it's quite depressing sometimes, but I'm avoiding the question, aren't I?" she reaches her hand out to another plant, where you notice a cup of tea has been curled within its vines, "As you already know, I'm a youkai. Unlike Yukari, with her power of boundaries, my own power is with plants.

"I trust you have noticed us youkai have varying powers?" she asks, bringing the tea cup to her lips.

"I haven't really heard much about it, no... you mean not all youkai can do what others can?"

"Us youkai all share some similar abilites, such as long lifespans, or regeneration. But we also have unique traits. As I mentioned earlier, Yukari controls boundaries, as I'm sure she's demonstrated to you before?" she offers you a cup of tea, which you accept, "The crow tengu, for example, is unusually fast. Even for a tengu, whom are already quite quick, she also has some of the best ears and eyes in Gensokyo. She also can manipulate the wind, something you wouldn't know I imagine.

"I'm sure you've met the friend of the witch? The puppeteer? Her own abilites is her magic, and her puppetry. Not all youkai have powers like that of course, some have more... practical ones. For example, the shopkeeper within the Forest of Magic, he has the odd ability to know what an item does."

"Do only youkai have such abilites?" you ask, testingly sipping the tea.

"Gensokyo-born humans have them as well. They tend to be more practical, then useable, but of course exceptions exist... the witch, for instance, has particularly powerful magic. In fact, I think her magical powers exceed that of magician youkai, despite her human form." she takes a sip from her cup, "I've not had the pleasure of fighting her for some time, but I can't imagine how her powers were to grow, if she became a magician youkai..."

"Humans can become youkai?"

"It's rare, but yes they can. In fact, I believe the puppeteer was a human at one point, or at least, not a magician. Not all youkai are born as youkai, there are exceptions. The process is far from easy, of course, so few even try to attempt it." Yuuka shrugs slightly, "While I would be thrilled to be able to fight the witch if she were to become a youkai, I cannot imagine her doing so. Humans tend to love their humanity too much to try to become youkai."

"I didn't think humans could become youkai... thank you for the knowledge, Yuuka."

"Think nothing of it, Reina. Do you have anything else on your mind?" she looks at you.

"Well, it was about the 'gifts' you had mentioned earlier. N-not to sound selfish, or greedy!" you hastily add.

"Do not worry yourself, I was hoping you would ask, actually." placing her cup on the table, she rises from her seat and strolls over to one of the plants, "Besides the little gifts of knowledge just now, I would you to have these."

Yuuka walks up to you and opens your hand, placing some seeds in it. You look at them curiously, trying to hide your confusion. The flower youkai merely chuckles, as if guessing your confusion.

"These seeds will let me find you, should you wish to see me. Think of them like a sort of communication. I have not given someone these, for... well, I can't imagine the last time. There is another gift I would like to give you, however," she studies you carefully with her eyes, before shaking her head, "I see you have the potential, but you lack any way to use it. Perhaps, another time then."

You pocket the seeds, as Yuuka starts to walk away, "E-excuse me, but... what do you mean? Potential, but lacking the means to use it?"

She pauses as she opens the door, "I would teach you danmaku, for I imagine you would like some means of defending yourself out here, should the need arise. But I see no power to do so within you, as like many outsiders. Oddly though, you seem to have the means, yet your body cannot reach it. It's quite... vexxing. If you ever wish to do so, you may try asking others you know, they may know. I confess, I cannot think of it now. Perhaps another time. Have a good night, Reina."

With that, the flower youkai walks out into the growing night. Storing away the thought, you walk outside, closing the door behind you, and continue on your walk back to the village.

---

What to do?:
[ ] Go home.
- [ ] Sleep?
- [ ] Do something? (Write-in)
[ ] See the village at night.
- [ ] Perhaps go drinking?
- [ ] Find some place to socialize?
- [ ] Something else? (Write-in)
[ ] Visit...
- [ ] The Shrine?
- [ ] Somewhere else? (Write-in)
[ ] Write-in

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Book
o Yakitori from Mokou
o Seeds from Yuuka

System:
> ++ Yuka Kazami
> "To Learn Danmaku" opportunity started
>> No. 95455
[X] See the village at night.
- [X] Find some place to socialize?
[x] Go home
- [x] Leave an note (in the case you're not awake) to Aya apologizing for the overly harsh treatment, but also explaining people do not like pictures taken of private moments.

Let's see who else we can meet, and I don't think writing a note would take too much time.
>> No. 95457
[X] See the village at night.
- [X] Find some place to socialize?
[x] Go home
- [x] Leave an note (in the case you're not awake) to Aya apologizing for the overly harsh treatment, but also explaining people do not like pictures taken of private moments.
>> No. 95458
[X] See the village at night.
- [X] Find some place to socialize?
[x] Go home
- [x] Leave a note (in the case you're not awake) to Aya apologizing for the overly harsh treatment, but also explaining people do not like pictures taken of private moments.
>> No. 95464
[x] See the village at night.
- [x] Find some place to socialize?
[x] Go home
- [x] Leave an note (in the case you're not awake) to Aya apologizing for the overly harsh treatment, but also explaining people do not like pictures taken of private moments.
>> No. 95510
Yuuka would like to teach us danmaku and she gave us communication seeds? That's just great!

[X] See the village at night.
- [X] Find some place to socialize?
[x] Go home
- [x] Leave an note (in the case you're not awake) to Aya apologizing for the overly harsh treatment, but also explaining people do not like pictures taken of private moments.
>> No. 95519
File 12538122674.jpg - (215.27KB , 800x1200 , f5edf7cf13a3bf38124b5279b9d81c29.jpg ) [iqdb]
95519
[X] See the village at night.
- [X] Find some place to socialize?
[x] Go home
- [x] Leave an note (in the case you're not awake) to Aya apologizing for the overly harsh treatment, but also explaining people do not like pictures taken of private moments.

Finding your way to the village without mishap, you are treated to the lively nightside of the village. The last time you had been here this late, you had been in the company of Marisa, and noted the high volume of youkai moving about. Most of the people moving around, you imagine, are youkai and you are one of the few humans not sleeping at this late hour.

You begin a slow stroll down the main roads of the village, occasionally glancing at an open establishment to see what services it offered. Most of the night time shops seemed to offer mostly alcoholic drinks, and recalling your last experience with the stuff, you didn't desire to have it be repeated, possibly with a stranger. Rather you duck into a local inn, not one like you had visited your first day here, but rather the more traditional kind.

Taking a bite of your quickly cooling, yet still delicious, yakitori you do a quick survey of the sparsely crowded inn.

"... you'd think you would've learned by now." says the innkeeper, you only manage to snatch the tailend of his talking.

The short-haired blonde, seated at the counter groans, "You would think so but, well... you know..."

"Indeed, indeed. Hrm?" the innkeeper looks up at you, "Ah, I didn't see you there. Hrm, you're a tad different from the usual folk around here this hour. Usually only the youkai come around here now."

Looking over her shoulder, the short-haired blonde's eyes narrow as she sees you, "Ah. It's you."

"It's been a while, hasn't it Alice?" you reply, gulping.

Alice regards you with an icy stare, and for the first time you notice a duo of small dolls perched upon her shoulders. After a brief, tense moment, she turns her gaze away from you, instead focusing on something else.

"So, what are you doing here?"

"Well, I was just awake and about so... thought I would see what the village was like at night."

"Not too much different from the morning, only with youkai all around instead of humans." speaks the puppeeter tartly.

"How about yourself?" you ask carefully, taking a seat not far from Alice, but also not too close.

"I don't think it's really any of your business." she replies coldly.

"Now, now Alice, don't need to be so cold to the girl." scolds the innkeeper, "I imagine she's the girl you've spoken some... interesting, things about?"

You imagine the 'interesting' things, were something not proper to repeat to your face.

"... Yeah. Don't go telling her things that she doesn't need to know."

The innkeeper frowns and shakes her head, "Very well, if you insist. But really, your one-sided issue with the girl is quite silly."

"Duly noted." mutters Alice, downing her drink, "I'll be going. I don't feel much like being here anymore."

The innkeeper sighs as Alice quietly steps out of the inn, into the night, "Ah, don't go taking her dislike of you personally now. She's been in a somewhat sour mood lately." he picks up the glass and begins to clean it, "I wish I could discuss it, but well, you saw how she is. I don't want to earn her anger, of course, if you wanted to know, I hear a certain bird might know... if you were curious of course. Now, may I help you?"

With Alice's departure, the inn is hardly a hotspot of activity, and after some idle chitchat you take your leave of the inn. While your night on the town, so to speak, was a bit of a flop, you did at least see how Alice was. Seems like she wanted to hang you with your innards really, though you can't possibly imagine why... pushing the thought aside, you return home.

You notice on the door, that a few notes have been posted from various villagers requesting small-time jobs. Of interest though, is a note from Sakuya, detailing another job, and another from Eientei. Pocketing the notes, you look for a blank piece of paper, and once you do so you begin to scribble a note to Aya.

While you still felt a tad sour over the way the tengu had handled her 'job', you had begun to feel a bit guilty about the way you had treated her. Plus, seeing how Alice treated you, you could only wonder if Aya had felt the same with your treatment of her. Leaving the note in easy sight of the window, you could only hope Aya would see the note in the morning.

Fetching the notes from your pocket, you look at them more carefully. The villagers requests are merely simple tasks, easily accomplishable within hours. Sakuya's job involved several pieces of furniture, of which you could assume would be in disastrous state. The task from Eientei only involved a single piece of furniture, but it noted the item in question was made of a rather rare material. In fact, you had never heard of it before. Neither note mentioned a deadline for accepting, but you imagine you could only take one or the other for the moment, as both were very time-consuming projects.

---

Decisions, decisions...:
[ ] Select which job? (Mandatory)
- [ ] Request from the Scarlet Devil Mansion
- [ ] Request from Eientei
[ ] What to do in the morning?
- [ ] Write-in

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Book
o Seeds from Yuuka

Sorry for an write-in focused update, I hope you'll have fun with it.
>> No. 95522
[x] Select which job? (Mandatory)
- [x] Request from Eientei
[x] What to do in the morning?
- [x] See if you could run into Aya or see if she left a reply.
- [x] Make a note to Sakuya that her job would have to wait until the current one is done.
- [x] Perhaps look into going over the shrine and talking with Reimu about Danmaku. (She's a good first choice, since she made the spell card rules and such)
- [x] Start on the task.

No offense to Sakuya and the SDM, but I think this is a nice chance to make bonds with the Eientei crowd. I hope Sakuya won't mind waiting. And I do think it'd be polite to inform a client about the possible time table of work.
>> No. 95530
[x] Select which job? (Mandatory)
- [x] Request from the Scarlet Devil Mansion
[x] What do do in the morning?
- [x] (I'll think of something later.)
>> No. 95597
[x] Select which job? (Mandatory)
- [x] Request from Eientei
[x] What to do in the morning?
- [x] See if you could run into Aya or see if she left a reply.
- [x] Make a note to Sakuya that her job would have to wait until the current one is done.
- [x] Perhaps look into going over the shrine and talking with Reimu about Danmaku. (She's a good first choice, since she made the spell card rules and such)
- [x] Start on the task.
>> No. 95598
[X] When it's down to vampires or space aliens, space aliens win every time.
[x] What to do in the morning?
- [x] See if you could run into Aya or see if she left a reply.
- [x] Make a note to Sakuya that her job would have to wait until the current one is done.
- [x] Perhaps look into going over the shrine and talking with Reimu about Danmaku. (She's a good first choice, since she made the spell card rules and such.)
- [x] Start on the task.
>> No. 95629
[x] Select which job? (Mandatory)
- [x] Request from Eientei
[x] What to do in the morning?
- [x] See if you could run into Aya or see if she left a reply.
- [x] Make a note to Sakuya that her job would have to wait until the current one is done.
- [x] Perhaps look into going over the shrine and talking with Reimu about Danmaku. (She's a good first choice, since she made the spell card rules and such)
- [x] Start on the task.

Looks okay to me. Also, we should leave Alice alone...
>> No. 95635
>>95629

Well I think that would be for the best if just for the reason we have no real idea how to fix that. Perhaps this might be better left to Marisa.
>> No. 95721
File 125391428832.jpg - (304.31KB , 550x526 , 58aafd053b6235331b6c1a769f0abd95.jpg ) [iqdb]
95721
[x] Select which job? (Mandatory)
- [x] Request from Eientei
[x] What to do in the morning?
- [x] See if you could run into Aya or see if she left a reply.
- [x] Make a note to Sakuya that her job would have to wait until the current one is done.
- [x] Perhaps look into going over the shrine and talking with Reimu about Danmaku. (She's a good first choice, since she made the spell card rules and such)
- [x] Start on the task.

Folding up the note from Sakuya, and placing it away, you consider the one from Eientei. It sounded like a nice challenge, and it would give you the chance to possibly meet someone from Eientei. It occured to you, that you had no way to contact anyone from Eientei either, and the note gave no instructions on how to tell them if you accepted or not. You think it over a moment, before simply scribbling down your acceptance on the paper, and retacking it on your door.

You're not sure if anyone will see it there, but it semed like your best course of option at the moment. The thought had come to mind to use Aya, but considering your last meeting with her, you probably shouldn't go asking for favors. Yawning, you head upstairs to go to sleep in your bed. As you do so, it occurs to you that this'll be the first time you'll be sleeping alone in your bed, or a bed really. As you crawl into bed, you can't help but wonder what Marisa is up to.

~

Come morning, you take a quick shower before getting dressed, and head downstairs to make some breakfast before you plan out your day. To your surprise, you find the window opened, and a note left on the window.

"Well, I guess I overreacted a little as well. I noticed the note you left for Eientei on your door, so I took the liberty of delivering it for you. Consider it a free favor!"

At the bottom of the note is Aya's name, and stuck to the note itself is the crow's feather she had given you during your original encounter. You smile as you fold up the note, and store the feather away. That had gone better then you expected, and you did feel a bit better. You return to your original task of making, and then eating breakfast, before you write out a note for Sakuya explaining you would attend to her job once your workload had lessened some. You suspect the maid will drop by your house, so you leave it on the door.

With your hunger satsified, and your mood feeling high, you tackle some of the little jobs the villagers had given you. They're rather mundane, mostly just touch ups and the occasional repair, so it doesn't take you long to finish up a number of requests. Taking note of whom requested what, you write down the names and start to write out notes to the villagers explaining their job was done, and they merely needed to visit when you were in to pick up their goods. It was hardly noon by the time you decided to quit working, and you had a good bulk of the day to yourself.

Your conversation with the flower youkai, Yuuka, was still fresh in your mind and the idea of learning danmaku had been a nagging voice in the back of your mind. Namely what she meant by having potential, yet lacking a way to use it. From what you've heard, Reimu seems to be a rather key figure in Gensokyo and you decide she may be able to shed some light on the youkai's mysterious words.

Your trip to the shrine this time, is much less eventful, the morning seeming to keep the wild youkai at bay. Considering last time Alice had saved your life, and your last encounter with the puppeteer seemed to imply had you run into the situation again, she'd probably just watch you become youkai food. Alice's attitude towards you was a bit of a sore thought in your mind, and you can't help but wonder what you possibly could've done to anger her.

Climbing the steps of the shrine, you quickly spot Reimu, sweeping the walkway with a bored expression. Upon seeing you, she seems to perk up.

"I didn't expect to see you here, Reina. What brings you here?" she asks, tilting her head quizzically.

"Well, I thought I may as well see how you're doing." you reply, flashing a smile, "Well, and I had a little request..."

"I suppose I'm doing fine, if a bit bored out of my brain but... a request? I have to admit, I'm surprised, people don't ask me for things nowadays, I have to say it's nice. What kind of request?"

You rub the back of your head, chuckling a bit, "It'll sound silly but, think you could teach me danmaku?"

"You're right, it does sound a little silly..." she frowns a bit, studying you carefully, "why the sudden interest? You aren't thinking of doing anything foolish, like picking fights with youkai or something, are you?"

"O-of course not!" you reply quickly, "I just thought, it might be something worth learning and well... I've heard a lot about it, but I've never seen it or anything, so..."

Reimu rubs her chin thoughtfully, "I'm not sure... I get the feeling you're not telling me something. That aside, danmaku isn't something simple to learn, it'll take some dedication and a lot of hardwork..."

---

Convince the shrine maiden?:
[ ] Tell her about Yuuka?
- [ ] Persuade her? (write-in)
- [ ] Bribe her? (write-in)
- [ ] Other? (write-in)
[ ] Don't tell her about Yuuka!
- [ ] Convince her! (write-in)
- [ ] Offer her something in exchange? (write-in)
- [ ] Other? (write-in)
[ ] Mandatory write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Book
o Seeds from Yuuka

System:
> + Aya Shameimaru
> "Request from Eientei" started
> "Sakuya's Request" denied
> Gained "Crow's Feather!"
>> No. 95722
[x] Tell her about Yuuka?
- [x] Persuade her? (talk about how Yuuka saw potential in you, and how you were lucky to earn the term "little flower")

This should impress Reimu enough to consider it.
>> No. 95723
[X] Dedication? Hard work? You're a furniture restorer. Dedication is your middle fucking name.
[X] Tell her about Yuuka. She saw potential in you, called you a "little flower"; more importantly, she's Yuuka, and she *didn't* kill you. That's got to count for something.
>> No. 95727
[x] Tell her about Yuuka?
- [x] Persuade her? (talk about how Yuuka saw potential in you, and how you were lucky to earn the term "little flower")

>>95723
This is all true, but it's too out of character or meta-knowledge to actually say it.
>> No. 95728
[X] Dedication? Hard work? You're a furniture restorer. Dedication is your middle fucking name.
[X] Tell her about Yuuka. She saw potential in you, called you a "little flower"; more importantly, she's Yuuka, and she *didn't* kill you. That's got to count for something.
>> No. 95739
[x] Tell her about Yuuka?
- [x] Persuade her? (talk about how Yuuka saw potential in you, and how you were lucky to earn the term "little flower")
>> No. 95763
[x] Tell her about Yuuka?
- [x] Persuade her? (talk about how Yuuka saw potential in you, and how you were lucky to earn the term "little flower")
>> No. 95773
File 125398623254.jpg - (895.82KB , 1000x1228 , 91dc4fe08972626ad7d7ef2aae6a4a81.jpg ) [iqdb]
95773
[x] Tell her about Yuuka?
- [x] Persuade her? (talk about how Yuuka saw potential in you, and how you were lucky to earn the term "little flower")

"Is there something you're not telling me, Reina?" asks the miko suspiciously.

"You're making it sound like I'm hiding something..." you reply with a slight frown.

Reimu makes a 'tsk' sound and sighs, "Very well. I get the feeling you have a reason for wanting to learn, rather then just waking up and going 'hey! I should learn danmaku!', am I right?" she says, attempting poorly to copy your voice.

"Ah, well, in that case..." you trial off, then shake your head, "truth be told, I only thought of it because... well, someone said I had the potential to do so. And even though it only happened once, being attacked by wild youkai, and being utterly defenseless? I wouldn't want that to happen again."

"Someone said you have...?" she walks closer and looks at you carefully, "Who said that, Reina?"

"Y-Yuuka did." you reply, leaning back a bit as the red-white leans forward.

Upon hearing you say Yuuka's name, her eyes widen a bit and she steps back. She then begins to pace around you, studying you carefully.

"Really, Yuuka said that? The Yuuka?"

"I'm not aware of any other Yuukas..."

"How do I know you're not lieing? Yuuka is a rare sight, and it's even more rare that she'd just talk to someone." Reimu stops her pacing and stops in front of you, "Especially to an outsider who has no importance in Gensokyo."

You frown and meet Reimu's gaze with a stern look, "I'm not lieing. I met her last night. She kept calling me a 'little flower' and at the end of it all, she said she saw I had the potential for danmaku, but lacked a way to 'use' it, or something."

There is a brief moment of silence as the miko stares at you, unblinkingly. Then suddenly, in the blink of an eye, her expression softens a little bit.

"Very well. I'll take your word of it. You do know, meeting Yuuka and not being killed, is quite the accomplishment?" Reimu chuckles a bit, "I've never heard of her calling someone a 'little flower', but considering she is a flower youkai, I imagine she's taken a liking to you... of course, I can't really say if that is a good thing by any means.

"Now then, learning danmaku isn't easy. You're not going to learn it overnight, and I can't promise you'll learn it at all. Usually you learn this stuff when you're a kid, teaching it to an adult will be much more difficult." Reimu's gaze hardens again, as her eyes narrow, "But this is most important of all. You'll need to put all your focus and dedication into this kind of training. If you slip up, it just might kill you. Do you understand?"

You resist the urge to gulp, "Y-yes. I don't want to rely on others to protect me in the event I run into wild youkai, and I know I might not be so lucky next time..." you nod, "and I'll give it my all. I've spent my life fixing things, every little detail, and putting so much work into it well... I'll treat it like that."

"Ok then. I'll teach you Reina. I'm not sure what Yuuka saw in you, but... now that I look at you, you do have an odd... well, I can't describe it. But you're certainly different. We'll start easy today, just do what I say and listen well."

~

The 'easy' session was hardly easy. It seemed like it at first, as Reimu merely lectured you about the finer details of danmaku. But once the lectures ended, the hands-on training began, and it had to start with the body. You were never a very physically powerful person, and your poor health had left you rather weak. As Reimu explained, danmaku wasn't all about long-distance combat but also involved close combat, not to mention you needed to be in peak form to be able to 'graze' shots, rather then weaving further out of the way to avoid shots.

The red-white ran you through a quick session of warm-ups before teaching you some basic hand to hand combat. Once she got done instructing though, she immediately dived into using it. You had never fought in your life, and Reimu was able to effortlessly block or counter all your moves with ease.

Her hand wrapped around your wrist, before she pulled you forward and sent you tumbling to the ground. Groaning, you got to your feet and was promptly reintroducted to the floor, as Reimu's blow slammed into your back. Placing her foot on your back, the miko sighed loudly.

"You're a rather terrible fighter Reina. But I guess it can't be helped. We're done for the day, come back tomorrow after a good night's rest, and we'll continue." the miko helped you to your feet, a sly smile appearing on her face, "Or don't come back, and just give up of course."

Sucking in a deep breath, you offer a weak smile in return, "If I gave up now, I don't think I could see you again. It'd be too embarrassing."

"That's the spirit. Can you walk alright?" asks Reimu,

"Y-yeah. I'll be fine. Sure I'll be sore in a few hours though..." you reply.

"What's that saying I heard from an outsider uhm... no pain, no gain? I think that was it... " she shrugged slightly, "not to scare you, but it'll only get harder with each session. This is only the physical training, making you able to use danmaku will be a whole different kind of pain."

"I can hardly wait..." you say with a chuckle.

"You sure don't go on easy on anyone, Reimu!" yelled a cheerful voice from above.

"If you go easy on someone, even in training, they'll never get better." replies Reimu smugly, "Can't let her think this'll be easy!"

Looking up, you see Marisa floating above the shrine on her broom. You wave up at her, and she waves in return, before floating down to the ground and hopping off her broom.

"Reimu sure is a tough teacher, eh? You should feel lucky, being taught by the great shrine maiden of Gensokyo!" teased Marisa, grinning,

The red-white sighed, "Your praise feels so hollow, Marisa."

The witch laughed, "Ah, I mean it Reimu! You'll make Reina into a fine danmaku fighter in no time, I'm sure. Then we can play danmaku with her! Win-win for all those involved ze."

"It's nice to see you again, Marisa." you say with a smile.

"Nice to see you again too! I hope you've been good?"

---

After training:
[ ] Converse with Marisa
- [ ] Tell her about Yuuka?
- [ ] Ask about that night?
- [ ] Other? (write-in)
[ ] Converse with Reimu
- [ ] Ask her about Alice?
- [ ] Other? (write-in)
[ ] Leave the Shrine
- [ ] Go home and see if your notes have been seen?
- [ ] Other? (write-in)
[ ] Mandatory Write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Book
o Seeds from Yuuka

System:
> + Reimu Hakurei
> + Unknown...
> You're exhausted...
>> No. 95775
[x] Converse with Marisa
- [x] Ask about that night?
- [x] Ask her why Alice is so angry at you.
>> No. 95776
[X] Converse with Marisa
- [X] Tell her about Yuuka?
- [x] Ask about that night?
[x] Converse with Reimu
- [x] Ask her about Alice?
[x] Leave the Shrine
- [x] See if Marisa can drop you off if she's on her way.
- [x] Go home and see if your notes have been seen?
- [x] Take a nice bath and sleep.
>> No. 95777
[T] Converse with Marisa
- [T] Ask about that night?
- [T] Tell her about Yuuka?
- [T] Ask her about Alice?

We can converse with Reimu before/after training and we don't get to see Marisa everyday. It is still too dangerous to visit her at home.
>> No. 95779
[X]Talk to your dear friend, Miss Kirisame. In no particular order...
-[X] Ask about what happened that night you all got totally smashed.
-[X] Ask her about how she fights. You're still pumped from getting the crap kicked out of you! Sort of! Not really!
-[X] Ask her about Alice, and why she hates your guts.
-[X] Ask her about these seeds Yuuka gave you. They glow with a terrible, eldritch power. Is that normal?
>> No. 95788
>>95779

Asking Reimu might be better for a clearer Point of view of the whole mess (Marisa might dismiss it as "Alice being Alice")

But I could be wrong.
>> No. 95874
File 125401627789.jpg - (408.61KB , 700x930 , c65677f4f69904476cf928810063f604.jpg ) [iqdb]
95874
[x] Converse with Marisa
- [x] Ask about that night?
- [x] Ask her why Alice is so angry at you.
- [X] Ask her about how she fights.

"Yes, I've been rather good. I got to sample some of Mokou's food last night! She even taught me how to cook it! Though, I don't think I could cook it as good as she can..."

"You cook, Reina?" asks Reimu with a bit of surprise,

"She's got yummy outsider food!" says Marisa, grinning,

"Just a little bit really, I'm not grand chef or anything..." you say hastily.

"You should show me your cooking sometimes! Would be nice to try something new..."

"Reimu is lookin' a little thin, eatin' rice day after day..." comments the witch teasingly.

"S-shut up you!" counters the miko with a huff, "Though it would be nice to have something different..."

"I'll see if I can't bring you something, Reimu." you say with a smile, "Uhm, Marisa, do you mind if I talk to you for a bit?"

The witch raises an eyebrow and shrugs, resting her broom on her shoulders, "Sure. Shoot."

"Well, I'm a bit curious... since I just started learning danmaku, how do you fight Marisa?"

Marisa's face broke into a grin, "It's all about firepower! Well, and speed of course, but other then that, just blow 'em away!"

"Is that really all there is to it?" you ask, cocking your head to the side quizzically.

"Well, of course! Overwhelming firepower is the way to go."

"What if they get in close though?"

"Well, uhm... of course I get rid of 'em before that ever happens." replies Marisa rubbing her head nervously,

"Face it Marisa, if they get that close, you just get beat." comments the miko slyly.

Marisa waved her hand dismissively, "They never get close to me anyway! Maybe I can teach Reina magic someday, make her my apprentice or somethin', hahahaha!"

You chuckle, then wince as the witch claps you hard on the back, you resist the urge to yelp, "M-maybe. Of course, I think it might be hard for me to do my job if I lived out in the forest."

"Eh, I could just teach ya at your place ze." reassured Marisa, nodding,

"Well, if I ever think of it, I'll remember your offer, Marisa." you say with a smile, "Ah, another question here and it might sound kind of... odd, but... well, I met Alice the other night, and she... well, she seemed very angry to see me."

Marisa frowns and rubs her chin thoughtfully, "Angry you say? I have to admit, she's been kinda avoidin' me the last few nights. I tried to go see her last night but, uhm, well I was kind of delayed ze... I can't think of why she'd be mad at you though." she shrugs, "I guess it's just Alice being Alice. She's a little strange, probably from hangin' around with those dolls so much. She's got such poor people skills."

You hear Reimu mutter something under her breath, but can't make out any words, "Did you say something, Reimu?"

"Hm? No, nothing at all." replied the miko calmly.

You suspect the miko is lieing to you, but ignore it, focusing your attention on Marisa, "Well, last question. Uhm, do you remember much of that night? You know... the 'sleepover' night...?"

"Huh? Ya mean you don't remember ze?" replies the witch in surprise.

"N-no... not really. I remember some of it but most of it is just... nothing for me."

"Well, what was the last thing you remember?" she asks, looking at you curiously.

"I remember teaching you all blackjack, and we were playing some... then I think someone wondered if we could find something to bet with, and Reimu went to find some kind of chips or something... then the next thing I remember..." you trial off, remembering when you woke up with Marisa, "is waking up late in the day and Reimu greeted me." you lie.

"Hmmm... I guess you had been drinkin' a bit much that night..." she glances over in Reimu's direction, then looks back at you, "well, after Reimu came back we did play with some tokens for a bit. But once Reimu ran outta tokens, we started discussin' if you could get 'em back or not. I remembered from early, how ya said sometimes people bet clothes in that game ze?"

You nod and blush a bit, "Er, yeah I did say that... didn't I? At least, I implied it perhaps..."

"That aside... then we started bettin' clothes to buy back into the game! It was pretty fun really, though no one really lost much clothing before Reimu went and chickened out - "

"I did NOT chicken out!" interrupted Reimu quickly,

"You were the one who didn't wanna take off her shirt ze!" replied Marisa sticking her tongue out, "Your skirt was fine, but not the shirt!"

"J-just because I have some modesty, unlike someone else, doesn't mean I chickened out!" retorted the miko.

"Sure, sure. Keep tellin' yourself that." the witch waved her hand dismissively at the miko.

"Uhm... h-how did I do...?" you ask worriedly.

"Huh? Oh! Right, uhm... you didn't do too bad. I think you did the best overall, which I guess is somethin' considerin' you were drunk..." she shrugs, "after Reimu chic- I mean, quit playin' we decided it was pretty late, so we all headed to bed. You were already asleep, and had gone and made a mess in your room by throwin' your clothes all 'round, plus the ones you won in the game ze. I cleaned up before I left, I didn't wake ya or anythin' did I?"

"N-no, uhm... thank you."

"Ah, you don't need to go thankin' me. It was a pretty fun night though. Should try it again withou Reimu, so we can finish a game ze!" teased Marisa, gently patting you on the back, "I just thought you may be a bit sore, sorry about that harder pat earlier."

You shake your head and smile, "Ah, don't worry about it. I'm fine. Thanks for answering my questions, Marisa."

"Don't mention it! You ever got a question, feel free to ask, I'll see if I can answer it or not ze."

Reimu coughed lightly, "Don't keep Reina up and about so much, she should rest. She's gonna be feeling all that training pretty soon."

"I'm sure Reina's fine! Right Reina?"

---

Time for some R&R?:
[ ] You don't need rest!
- [ ] Hang out with Marisa!
- [ ] Relax at the shrine?
- [ ] Other (write-in)
[ ] You do feel kind of tired...
- [ ] Invite Marisa over?
- [ ] Just go to bed.
- [ ] Other (write-in)
[ ] Mandatory Write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Book
o Seeds from Yuuka

System:
> + Marisa Kirisame
>> No. 95875
[X] Rest? You don't need rest, you're a man and a half! Beserker packin' man and a half-
[X] Oh wait, that's right: every cell of your body howls in pain from your asswhooping. Wince at the thought of activity.
-[X] Invite Marisa over. Try not to gamble.

The gods must like strip poker~.
>> No. 95876
[x] You don't need rest!... At least not soon
- [x] When you get a chance, perhaps ask Reimu's view on the Alice mess; she might know something.
- [x] Thank her for the lessons.

>>95874
I knew Marisa would go "Alice's being Alice"
>> No. 95878
[x] You don't need rest!... At least not soon
- [x] When you get a chance, perhaps ask Reimu's view on the Alice mess; she might know something.
- [x] Thank her for the lessons.
>> No. 95880
[x] You don't need rest!... At least not soon
- [x] When you get a chance, perhaps ask Reimu's view on the Alice mess; she might know something.
- [x] Thank her for the lessons.
>> No. 95895
[x] You don't need rest!... At least not soon
- [x] When you get a chance, perhaps ask Reimu's view on the Alice mess; she might know something.
- [x] Thank her for the lessons.
>> No. 95912
File 125407411835.jpg - (180.40KB , 591x827 , sample-ca264657f3f53e739a171e76b0795991.jpg ) [iqdb]
95912
[x] You don't need rest!... At least not soon
- [x] When you get a chance, perhaps ask Reimu's view on the Alice mess; she might know something.
- [x] Thank her for the lessons.

Your body already feels rather strained and sore, mostly from being thrown about like a ragdoll and Reimu's own blows, but you figure you can push off rest for a while longer.

"Yeah, I'm fine Reimu, don't worry about it. I'll make sure to get some rest, but I don't need it right now."

Reimu shrugs, "Alright, I guess you know your body better then anyone else. Just don't try to do anything stupid until you get some proper rest."

You nod, "Of course, I'll be careful."

"Did ya have any plans for the day, Reina?" asked Marisa curiously,

"Well... not too many. I did leave a reply to a request from Eientei at home, but I'm not sure if they've gotten the reply or acted on it yet."

"A request from Eientei?" asks Reimu,

"It was for some work. I'm not sure on the details, though, their note didn't say." you reply with a shrug.

"Reina's name sure is gettin' around, first the Scarlet Devil Mansion, and now Eientei! Seems like you shouldn't have much problem makin' a livin' around here ze." said Marisa happily,

"I did get another request from the Scarlet, but I didn't have time to take both jobs, so I just picked Eientei first. Not sure if Sakuya got that note either."

"She probably did. She's such a workaholic, she probably saw the note not too long after you left it... wherever you left it." commented the miko.

"So aside from that job, you didn't have anythin' else planned for the day, right?" asked Marisa again,

"Well, no. Why do you ask, Marisa?"

"Just wanted to see if we could hang out again! I know my house isn't easy to reach like Reimu's, so trying to see me is pretty hard for ya..." replied the witch sheepishly, rubbing the back of her head.

"I don't see why not, Marisa." you say with a smile, "Just let me speak with Reimu for a few, ok?"

"Sure! Take your time, I got nothin' better to do today anyway ze."

"I've probably already said this, but, thank you again for offering to teach me, Reimu."

"Ah, don't mention it really. I've never really taught anyone danmaku before, and well, who knows? You might actually have some talent or something, maybe you'll make a good sparring partner someday."

"Well, I'll see what I can do. On a completely different topic, well... what do you think about Alice? I mean, she seemed pretty hostile when she saw me last night..."

The miko frowns, "Well... Marisa, give me and Reina a moment, alright?"

Marisa merely shrugs and nods in reply, not hearing what you asked Reimu. The red-white leads you into the shrine, where she closes the door after checking to see if Marisa had followed. Once inside she sighs and rubs the back of her head.

"Well, explain to me how she was treating you, just so I understand a bit more."

You briefly recap your encounter with the puppeteer last night, while Reimu listens carefully. When you finish, she sighs again and nods.

"Marisa's saying of 'Alice being Alice', isn't completely wrong. But it's sorely lacking in details. I can't really discuss the details, since it's something kind of... personal. But I can tell you this much. Alice's attitude to you is simply because of the time you spend with Marisa."

"She's angry at me for spending time with Marisa...?" you ask in disbelief.

"It's a bit more complicated then that, but in simple terms? Yes. Alice isn't really a bad person, really, but she and Marisa have known each other for a long time. I guess she might just be... jealous of you. You've only known Marisa for a short time, but the two of you are reasonably close friends. I guess, she's just jealous of Marisa's liking of you."

You frown, "There's probably more to it then that though, right?"

"Yes, there is. But if you want that, you'll have to ask Marisa herself. Well, or Alice, but I imagine that wouldn't go over well. I don't really feel comfortable telling you myself, since it's a personal thing. I hope you understand."

"I understand, don't worry about Reimu. Thanks for answering me. I better get going, I'll see you tomorrow then?"

"Of course. Just stay out of trouble and get some good rest tonight." said Reimu,

Nodding you leave the shrine, seeing Marisa waiting on the steps to the shrine, humming to herself. Upon seeing you, she stands up and waves you over.

"Ready to go now?" she asks.

"Yeah, thanks for waiting Marisa."

"Ah, don't mention it! Now then, anywhere you wanted to go in particular? I've got some places in mind, if you got've nothin'..."

---

Hanging out with Marisa!:
[ ] Go back home?
- [ ] Relax?
- [ ] Do something with Marisa? (write-in)
- [ ] Other? (write-in)
[ ] Decide to visit...
- [ ] The Scarlet Devil Mansion?
- [ ] Eientei?
- [ ] Other? (write-in)
[ ] Change your mind, you don't have time to hang out.
[ ] Mandatory write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Book
o Seeds from Yuuka
>> No. 95919
[x] Home. Right now, home is the best.
- [x] Eat you some dinner.
- [x] Take a nice warm bath, because you still hurt in places you didn't know you had.
- [x] And yes, relax please. What Marisa thinks is relaxing, you're not completely sure, but you'll figure it out later.
-- [x] Maybe look at this (Special Book) some more?
>> No. 95920
[x] Go back home?
- [x] Eat dinner if you haven't
- [x] Take a bath (Good for all those aches)
- [x] Relax?
>> No. 95924
[x] Go back home?
- [x] Eat dinner if you haven't
- [x] Take a bath (Good for all those aches)
- [x] Relax?
>> No. 95928
[x] Home. Right now, home is the best.
- [x] Eat you some dinner.
- [x] Take a nice warm bath, because you still hurt in places you didn't know you had.
- [x] And yes, relax please. What Marisa thinks is relaxing, you're not completely sure, but you'll figure it out later.
-- [x] Maybe look at this (Special Book) some more?
>> No. 95932
Due to some confusion, let me clarify. The time is past lunch, but it isn't quite dinner time.

It'd be around 2 or 3 PM. I'll try to make sure to note a rough idea of time.
>> No. 95933
[x] Go back home
- [x] Eat lunch if you haven't
- [x] Take a bath (Good for all those aches)
- [x] Relax
-- [x] Try checking out the properties of that Gensokyo book.
>> No. 95953
Just a headsup, there will only be 1 update today. As I have class on Sunday night, I've decided I will get sleep before class instead of trying to stay awake for over 24 hours.

My update schedule will be as follows:
Once on Sunday
Twice on any other day

This isn't set in stone of course, as some days I might have more time or the votes come in faster, allowing quicker updates. Or some times I might have laundry or homework. But this will be true most of the time.
>> No. 96015
File 125415778553.jpg - (358.58KB , 650x831 , 0534b10a19dd78e6c4abda674923a276.jpg ) [iqdb]
96015
[x] Go back home
- [x] Eat lunch if you haven't
- [x] Take a bath (Good for all those aches)
- [x] Relax
-- [x] Try checking out the properties of that Gensokyo book.

"Well, how about we go to my house? I guess it isn't very exciting, but..."

"Sounds fine to me! Hangin' out at your house is always interestin' since your house looks so different from most other places. Plus you do have some nice food ze..."

You laugh and reassure the witch you'll cook up some lunch when you get home. Marisa was happy to begin with, but the prospect of free food seemed to only make her happier. Motioning for you to join her on the broom, she treats you to a quick flight back to your home - like your previous flights you spend it clingly tightly to the witch's waist, looking worriedly at the ground. You wonder if you'll ever get used to this flying business... when you feet finally touch solid ground again, Marisa laughs and ruffles your hair.

"Ya know in danmaku duels, you usually gotta ta fly sometimes. If you don't get over your fear of flyin' you aren't gonna be able to do much at all!"

"R-really?" you ask in susprise, opening the door and inviting Marisa in.

"Oh, that's right you've never seen a duel, have ya?" the witch frowns a bit, "Do really need ta get around to showin' you one proper... maybe I'll ask Reimu if we can demonstrate a duel for ya tomorrow, how does that sound ze?"

You nod and lead Marisa into the kitchen, where you start to look for something to cook, "That would sound rather educational really, think Reimu will agree?"

Marisa sits down at the table, kicking her feet up on the table, waving her hand in the air, "Of course she will! She loves a good ol' duel as much as the next person. 'Sides, she looks pretty bored lately, it might just help out a little bit."

"Hey, no putting your feet up on the table." you jokingly scold Marisa, "I suppose you know Reimu better then I. I'll look forward to seeing an actual duel."

As you prepare some lunch, the usual of mac and cheese due to lacking any chicken to attempt yakitori with, the two of you chat about nothing of much significance, just friendly banter. After Marisa helps herself to rather large, and multiple, servings of the food she sighs contently, patting her stomach.

"Outsider food is so delicious! You really need to see about askin' Yukari or maybe Rinnosuke 'bout keepin' your stocks full..."

"Actually, I think Yukari already has done that. I swear, I never run out of things in here... there isn't much, but the little I have seems endless almost."

"Yukari sure thinks of everythin' ze..." muttered the witch, "by the way, you have much ta do 'round here?"

You consider the witch's question for a moment, "Well, up in my room if you noticed there's a bookcase... you can help yourself to some books, if you like. I think I have some board games or the like too... I'm afraid I never had much to spend on entertainment..." you sigh and shrug, "ah, if you don't mind, I'd like to go take a bath. Some of those aches and sores are starting to catch up with me."

"Some books eh? Sounds interestin'... where is your bath anyway?"

"Uhm, actually it's in the bathroom in my room... why do you ask?"

"Well, you said the books are in your room so..." Marisa trails off and shrugs, "so you better hurry up and get to that bath, before I come bargin' in your room ze!"

The witch laughs and shoos you away, you chuckling at her joke. You hurry upstairs, where you gather up a spare change of clothing - noting you're running low on clothing - before locking yourself in the bathroom. As you start running the water and getting undressed, you hear the sound of a door opening, followed by someone hopping on a bed. You only intended to have a quick bath, but the feeling of relaxing in hot water is enough to almost send you into sleep and you quickly lose track of time. When you finally emerge from the bathtub, then dry off and get dressed, you find Marisa still laying on your bed, a pile of books on the floor as she flips through one in her hands.

She notices you leaving the bathroom, and waves.

"Have a nice bath? I worried you might've fallen asleep in there!"

"I never thought a bath felt all the better have such a workout!" you shrug and join Marisa on the bed, peering over at the pile, "You've really read all those?"

"Yup! I'm a pretty fast reader you know." states Marisa matter-of-factly, "You've got some pretty interestin' books, nothin' magical but, still! Outsider books are sure quite different..."

As Marisa focuses on reading the newest book in her hands, you decided to look at your own book - the one you lug around with you everywhere. Despite owning the book for quite some time, you really know almost nothing about it at all. Aside from the fact Yukari used it to, you think, to send you here, and it's ability to help you in your work, it's an utter mystery. Marisa had commented that it seemed "special", and you had begun to believe it from the fact everyone else who looked at it, saw nothing but blank pages. But when you looked in it, you saw pages and pages of information.

Come to think of it, previously blank pages have been filled with new information - in fact, it seems to be a log of your own little adventure around Gensokyo. Each entry only gives a brief outline of your day, but seems to focus heavily on the highlights, such as meeting Marisa. You've never put a drop of ink in the entire book, yet the pages have begun to fill themselves...

"Hey, isn't that your 'special' book?" asks Marisa suddenly, peering over at you curiously,

You nod, "Yeah. The one you took from me on the day we met, remember?"

The witch grins and nods, "Of course! You think you could let me look at it again?"

You shrug and hand it over, the witch opening it and flipping through the pages. She does this for quite some time, before closing it and drumming her fingers on the cover with a slight frown.

"The book isn't empty for you, right?" she asks, you nod in reply, "So it's definintely a magical book... it probably only lets its owner look at the contents then... maybe it's a grimoire? Hmmm..."

"W-well, Yukari seemed to have used it... I remember, she pulled it out of thin air and looked at it, before tossing it aside..."

Marisa crosses her arms across her chest, and frowns a bit more, "Really? Well, I guess Yukari might have some kind of influence over it or... perhaps it's something she made? No... I don't think she could make grimoires. Maybe... Patchouli?" the witch sighs and shakes her head, "Too many questions, and not enough facts!"

Marisa hands the book back to you, "What is a grimoire, anyway?" you ask curiously.

"Huh? Oh! Right, you don't know anythin' about magic either... well, a grimoire in simple terms is just a magical book. Alice owns one, it's the little black book she carries wrapped in the ribbons. That one has a name, it's called the 'Grimoire of Alice' actually. Most of them have some kind of name, but I haven't a clue what yours might be called ze."

"Well, I'd offer to lend it to you for study but..." you frown, "when I got it, Yukari left a note in it stating very specifically I wasn't to lose posession of this book."

The witch tapped her lip thoughtfully, "That's interestin'. Well, I'll see if I can't do a little research on it myself, I might find somethin' out! Patchouli or Alice might know too... I'll see what I can find, Reina!" stated Marisa proudly,

You smile, "Thank you."

Marisa looked out the window, noting how dark it was, "It's lookin' rather late... you wanted to do anythin' or you just wanna go to bed?"

---

Hanging out with Marisa!:
o Select one 'main'
[ ] Just go to bed
- [ ] Try to snuggle with Marisa?
- [ ] Other (write-in)
[ ] You can stay up a bit more!
- [ ] Ask questions? (write-in)
- [ ] Play some games? (write-in)
- [ ] Other (write-in)
[ ] Mandatory write-in option

In the morning:
[ ] Write-in!

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Book
o Seeds from Yuuka

System:
> + Marisa Kirisame
>> No. 96040
[x] Just go to bed
- [x] Ask to hear some of her tales before going to sleep.
- [x] Try to snuggle with Marisa?

Morning:
[x] Do the usual morning things depending on what happens
[x] Check the notes if you haven't
[x] Perhaps look into buying some chicken as to make your own Yakitori.
Seems like it's cold tonight and body warmth is good.
>> No. 96049
[x] Just go to bed
- [x] Ask to hear some of her tales before going to sleep.
- [x] Try to snuggle with Marisa?

Morning:
[x] Do the usual morning things depending on what happens
[x] Check the notes if you haven't
[x] Perhaps look into buying some chicken as to make your own Yakitori.
>> No. 96095
File 125418828264.jpg - (270.75KB , 1000x1000 , bc94edea1fc385759a3b73342a1b387f.jpg ) [iqdb]
96095
[x] Just go to bed
- [x] Ask to hear some of her tales before going to sleep.
- [x] Try to snuggle with Marisa?

Morning:
[x] Do the usual morning things depending on what happens
[x] Check the notes if you haven't
[x] Perhaps look into buying some chicken as to make your own Yakitori.

You look out the window and yawn, "Sleep sounds pretty good right about now, sorry we didn't really do much..."

"Ah, we did plently! Don't go worryin' about it. Say, how do you work that... bath, thingy?"

After you explain the process to Marisa, she happily bounds off to the bathroom, explaining she'd like a bath before she went to sleep too. It also gave both you some privacy to change into suitable night clothes. Before long, the door to the bathroom opens and out emerges a freshly bathed Marisa, now dressed in what you could only imagine is her undergarments. You avert your eyes before you get a good look though.

She crawls into bed and ruffles you on the head, "You outsiders make some amazin' stuff! It's like your own personal hot spring!"

"I'd say the hot spring feels a lot better, personally." you say, you glance up at Marisa's head and notice her hat is still there, "... Y-you're not going to sleep with your hat on, are you?"

"Huh? Oh! It's kinda a habit, I forget I have it on sometimes..." the witch chuckles and casually tosses her hat aside.

"Uhm, Marisa... you have any stories you want to share?"

"I have tons of stories ze! I don't think I could really tell 'em all in a night... you curious?" she asks, you nod, "Well, I suppose I can treat you to a story! Lesse... I'll tell ya somethin' recent then! You've heard about that new temple 'round here, right?"

You nod and Marisa begins to tell the story of the most recent incident in Gensokyo, involving what everyone at first thought was a 'treasure ship'. She mentioned that Reimu, and for the first time, a girl named 'Sanae' had helped investigate this matter - albiet all three of them had different ideas in mind about the entire situation. Marisa didn't mention her goal in investigating it, but you were pretty certain she just wanted to 'loot and pillage' the ship, so to speak.

Although Reimu had been the one to successfully investigate the matter - discovering the ship was actually holding a prisoner from Makai (Marisa didn't explain what this 'Makai' was though) and the prisoner turned out to be a youkai that she just called Hijiri. She had set up a temple within Gensokyo, where human and youkai were free to gather, which was something rather special apparently.

"She's a pretty nice person really, though Reimu doesn't like her very much 'cause she's takin' all the local worshippers. Not that any of them visited the shrine to begin with though..."

"What is Makai though?" you ask curiously.

"Well... it's kinda like another land. That' probably the easiest way to explain it. Alice is from Makai actually, so I guess she's kinda an outsider. Makai is a little different from Gensokyo, from what I hear youkai are repressed in Makai, rather then having the humans be repressed like 'round here sorta ze." she shrugs, "Or well, so I assume 'cause Hijiri got locked up for wanting human-youkai equality or somethin'."

"I see... seems like strange, yet interesting things happen around here."

"Yup! Mayb if you become good at danmaku, you might get ta help with an incident someday! Though, if you don't get some sleep, Reimu ain't gonna show you any mercy tomorrow." teased Marisa, poking you in the forehead, "So that means, time to sleep, Reina!"

You laugh, "Ok, ok... thank you for sharing a story with me, Marisa."

"I've got a lot of stories, maybe I'll tell ya another one tomorrow. But only if you get some sleep!"

As you reached to turn off the light, you hold the sheets close to you, feeling a bit chilly. An idea strikes you and you blush at the thought, speaking nervously you decide to ask anyway.

"U-uhm... Marisa, uh... m-may I uhm..." you gulp, "it's kinda c-cold so uhm..."

You hear the witch giggle, and you can imagine she's grinning, "Go ahead! Wouldn't wanna have ya freezin'."

You nervously draw near to Marisa, and lightly wrap your arms around her waist, laying close to her. At this distance, you can even smell her hair... you're glad it's dark in your room, since you imagine your face is probably very dark red from the thoughts going around in your head. What's wrong with you!?

~

When you wake up in the morning, you find yourself still sleeping next to Marisa, your face practically buried in her hair. You quietly, and carefully, draw away trying to not wake up the witch. She doesn't seem to notice you missing, and instead just rolls over and takes up more of the bed, snoring softly. Quietly getting dressed and fixing your hair, you go downstairs and decide to make some breakfast for the two of you.

As if on cue, when you start making some scrambled eggs, the witch's head pokes into the kitchen, sniffing. She sleepily mutters something about smelling food, before you send her away to fix her bedhead hair and get dressed before breakfast. The two of you enjoy a rather uneventful breakfast, but you don't mind, spending time with Marisa is quickly becoming very enjoyable for you. She again insists on complimenting your cooking, despite your attempts to insist you have no talent at all in cooking.

After breakfast, you decide to check if the notes you left had been answered yet. Your door sports some notes from villagers, detailing requests if their completed jobs could be delivered to them, and find a reply from Sakuya and Eientei amongst the mess.

"Very well, the job will be waiting for you. Thank you for keeping me informed. - Sakuya"

"Thank you for accepting the request! Some rabbits will drop off the furniture later in the day, while there is no deadline, I would like to have it done as soon as possible."

The note from Eientei is unsigned, however and Marisa can't recognize the handwriting.

"Marisa, you want to go with me to buy some stuff? I figure I could get some chicken to try that yakitori recipe Mokou taught me."

"Well, I don't mind goin' with ya. Just don't forget ya gotta go trainin' with Reimu ze!"

You laugh and reassure the witch you hadn't forgotten. Marisa offers to fly you to the village, which you accept. It's quick flight, but you decide you had better get used to the idea of flying, just in case... although this trip is the same as any other for you. It doesn't take you long to find the butcher's shop, where you purchase some chicken already cut up into small enough bits for easy yakitori cooking. You notice the shopkeeper seems wary when he notices Marisa is hanging around with you, though you can't imagine why.

Marisa mentions you could probably cook the yakitori up at Reimu's place, and you feel inclined to agree - though you suspect Marisa is merely eager to see if she can get a danmaku duel with the shrine maiden. Another short flight later, you're at the Hakurei Shrine where you quickly spot Reimu, seated on the shrine's steps, the usual cup in her hands. She seems surprised to see you, and when she notices the food in your posession, she only seems even more surprised.

"I didn't expect to see you up so early, Reina. Did Marisa wake you up or something?" asked Reimu with a slight smile,

"Oi, I'm a very quiet sleeper!" replies Marisa with a frown, "Reina was actually up before me ze."

"Very well, if you insist on believing that Marisa... well, did you want to start your lessons now or..." the miko eyes the chicken hungerily, "did you want to maybe eat...?"

---

Second day of lessons!:
[ ] Train first!
- [ ] Ask if Reimu will duel Marisa?
- [ ] Better get your own training done first...
- [ ] Other
[ ] Eat first!
- [ ] Write-in
[ ] Write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Book
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Uncooked yakitori chicken

System:
> +++ Marisa Kirisame
> That was a pretty special moment...
>> No. 96104
[x] Eat first!
- [x] Inquire about Eientei and other areas while eating, perhaps touching on any duels between the two.
[x] Then train
- [x] Ask if Reimu will duel Marisa?

Reimu was obviously hungry so why keep her waiting? That and things are better done with with some food in the gut.
>> No. 96124
[x] Eat first!
> ++++ Reimu Hakurei
- [x] Inquire about Eientei and other areas while eating, perhaps touching on any duels between the two.
[x] Then train
- [x] Ask if Reimu will duel Marisa?
>> No. 96144
[x] Eat first!
- [x] Inquire about Eientei and other areas while eating, perhaps touching on any duels between the two.
[x] Then train
- [x] Ask if Reimu will duel Marisa?
Cut up chicken will not stay edible for long without a fridge and preservation.
>> No. 96167
Update delayed, due to its length. It shall be up by today, but I will only get in one update today.

Sorry.
>> No. 96229
File 125426870877.jpg - (606.02KB , 1800x1251 , 0e7f46b2ab8ea6a039dc2d3cdfd7083b.jpg ) [iqdb]
96229
[x] Eat first!
- [x] Inquire about Eientei and other areas while eating, perhaps touching on any duels between the two.
[x] Then train
- [x] Ask if Reimu will duel Marisa?

Chuckling slightly, you smile at Reimu, "Sure, we can eat first. I haven't tried making this before so, uhm, well... where can I get this cooked around here...?"

Before you knew it the shrine maiden was almost carrying you to the kitchen, where she quickly pointed out various cooking utensils, along with her limited supply of seasonings and spices. She was so eager and demanding, you eventually had to shoo her out of the kitchen so you could actually focus on cooking - of course, she didn't leave until you threatened to not cook at all, then she quickly fled the kitchen. You were pretty sure she was waiting just outside the door though.

Once you had finished making a batch of yakitori, you set it aside on some plates, before starting the next batch. As you predicted, you heard the sound of the door sliding open, rapid movement, and the plate was gone. You resist the urge to laugh, and merely focus on preparing the next batch of yakitori, as you hear the excited squeals of Reimu. Before long you leave the kitchen, carrying the plates containing the last of your yakitori. You find the red-white and black-white seated in what Reimu had dubbed her 'food room', simple but you supposed it worked.

No sooner had you placed the plates on the table, then Reimu had begun to dig in, grabbing at the food and devouring it. You sat near Marisa, who carefully picked a stick of yakitori from the plate, avoiding the maiden's hands.

"If you don't go slowin' down, you're gonna hurt yourself Reimu!" commented Marisa with a sigh, taking a bite of her yakitori stick,

All you hear from Reimu is a muffled reply, likely from the amount of food she's eating at a time. You chuckle and carefully pick a yakitori stick from the plate as well, taking a bite from it. It isn't bad, but not as delicious as Mokou's...

"She sure looks hungry, doesn't she?"

"Starvin' more like it. You'd think she was dyin' or something ze!" the witch shrugged, "Reimu loves free food more then 'bout anyone I know of."

Before long, Reimu's eating slows down and she smiles happily as she begins to savor the food, rather then devour it.

"Delicious! I haven't eaten something new in... in... well, I don't know! Ah~..." the miko sighed contently.

"Well, glad I could help Reimu. Though, you could've slowed your eating just a bit... I feared you would've gone and eaten one of the sticks insted of the yakitori!" you joke.

"I think I've seen Reimu actually eat the stuff you aren't supposed to eat..." muttered Marisa with a slight smirk,

"W-well, when you survive off a diet of rice, you really learn to appreciate anything different! Not everyone can survive off eating various mushrooms and stuff all the time, Marisa."

"Reimu, what do you know about Eientei?" you ask, taking a bite of yakitori.

"Curious about Eientei now? Well, let's see... I supposed you've learned it's inhabited mostly by rabbits and stuff, right?" shes asks, you nod in reply, "Well, you've probably heard all the important stuff then. Though if you're really curious, I had been there for incident investigation before. Marisa too, and even Sakuya."

"That sure was a strange one! Lot of attention... Yukari came with you even, didn't she? Alice came with me to help out, then Remilia was the reason Sakuya was comin' along... oh! And then there was Yuyuko and Youmu too. I don't think we've ever had such a turnin' out for an incident in quite a while ze." added Marisa, nodding thoughtfully,

"Yeah, it really was... all over the moon, if you can believe it! It's a bit more complex then that, but it'd take a while to explain the details and... well, I don't feel like explaining it right now anyway. All that aside..." the maiden paused a moment, "Marisa's probably told you a lot, but I bet she didn't mention how the princess of the place, is immortal, did she?"

"Immortal? Isn't the idea of immortality, just a dream...?" you ask in surprise.

"Maybe at one time, but Kaguya sure found some way to do it. And not just immortal in the 'live forever' since, I mean she's literally immortal. You could blow her up, and she'd just come back! It's sure something, and makes her really hard to fight... still, she's pretty friendly so it isn't such a big deal. There's another with the same immortality as Kaguya actually..."

"Really?"

"Mhm, actually you've already met her." Reimu took a bite of yakitori, "Figure it out yourself, if you can Reina! I'm not gonna give you all the answers to everything!"

"And even after I feed you!" you tease, sticking out your tongue, "Well, I'm sure I can figure it out on my own... well, on another topic completely... have the two of you ever dueled before?"

Reimu's eyes seem to light up at this question, "Actually, yes we have. As a matter of fact, it was during the incident at Eientei! Of course, I beat Marisa then... like always." stated the miko smugly.

"Hey! You don't win that much! You just got lucky that time is all! Plus you had Yukari to help ya out, that's just not fair ze!" protested the witch.

"Bah, I could've beaten you without Yukari just fine!" countered Reimu, "You focus so much on firepower, you've got no finesse or anything!"

"N-no need to yell at each other! Though, actually, I was wondering if maybe you could duel Marisa, so I could see firsthand what a duel looked like..." you comment.

Reimu's eyes dart from you, then back to Marisa, "... Sure. I guess this gives me a good excuse to kick your butt, Marisa."

~

"Pay close attention Reina, I'm not gonna repeat myself! The basic rules of a duel are pretty simple. The goal is to, well, defeat your opponent. Generally by beating them so bad, they just give up or can't move anymore. You can of course set more specific rules before a duel begins. Unlike most fighting, danmaku duels are all about rules - in fact, you might call the magic behind the entire process 'rule magic'." explains Reimu carefully, "If you break these rules, you'll find yourself unable to use your spellcards anymore. They only work as long as you obey the rules outlined in the duel. In this case we'll make it simple... how about just a single card, for demonstration purposes, and the first one to give up, wins, ok Marisa?"

The witch nods, "Alright! This is just practice of course, so I'll make sure to go extra easy, so you can properly show Reina." taunted Marisa, grinning broadly,

"I'll make sure to not rough you up too badly Marisa, I'd feel bad if Reina had to carry you away." countered Reimu with a huff, "Watch carefully, I'll show you the basics."

You, Reimu, and Marisa had moved a short distance away from the shrine in order to demonstrate the danmaku duel. You found yourself a seat in the grass, watching the red-white and black-white as Reimu demonstrated various danmaku attacks. You noticed quickly that Reimu's danmaku 'bullets', as they were universally called, consisted mainly of paper tailsmen and needles. On the other hand, Marisa seemed to envoke the image of traditional magic, being able to generate and throw out star-shaped bullets, along with orbs and almost missile-like projectiles.

Afterwords, Reimu explained just how a 'spellcard' worked. In order for them to work, they had to be declared and they consisted of a sign and a name. When declared, they were used and unleashed powerful attacks as a result - although the card would be drained of energy for the remainder of the fight. Though Marisa pointed out they carried around a lot of cards, but duels often restricted the amount you could use, in order to prevent them from being over used.

"You think you understand the concept Reina?" asked Reimu,

You nod slowly, "Yeah, I think I get it. It's very... formal and organized really."

"Yup! It was developed by the Hakurei actually, 'cause back in the day the youkai wanted to fight 'em but, well... if you killed the Hakurei, you might make all of Gensokyo collapse or somethin' bad like that ze. So they made this system in order to allow anyone to fight on equal footing. Heck, if you can find an agreeable youkai, you could even fight 'em like you are now! Though, they'd be able to beat you silly..."

"So, don't go picking any fights with youkai alright Reina?" asked the miko, grinning.

"Hahaha, of course, of course..."

"Well then! Now that you've gone and explained the basics, how about a duel for real?" asked Marisa, a big grin plastered on her face,

"Of course! Reina, go stand off to the side or something... we'll have to be careful about not hitting her, of course."

Nodding you move further away, although staying close enough in order to be able to still see Reimu and Marisa. You can see the two of them talking about something, likely discussing the rules of the duel. A short time later, the two had started the duel.

It was hard to describe really. Their movements were quick and fluid. weaving effortlessly around bullets, or even just barely moving out of the way in order to get off their own shots. They didn't just fight with bullets either, as they drew nearer Reimu launched herself into melee range, the two exchanging a quick barrage of blows. Marisa twisted out of the way of Reimu's palm, only to see the miko hop away quickly. You notice the talisman stuck to Marisa's dress, which she notices after a moment and panics.

Until it explodes anyway, the witch's location covered in a sudden cloud of smoke. You can't imagine how danmaku could be so non-lethal when you went around blowing people up, but before the smoke even cleared, a giant laser of energy lanced out of the smoke cloud - Reimu barely managed to avoid the beam, before Marisa reappeared and renewed her assault.

"It certainly is something, isn't it little flower?" speaks a voice from behind you calmly.

Jumping out of reflex, you look behind you to see the flower youkai standing behind you, watching the duel between the two with an amused look.

"I-It sure is, Yuuka. This is my first time seeing one, so..."

"Really? Quite the treat for you then, to see the top humans of Gensokyo dueling each other. Trying to learn it yourself, aren't you?"

You get the feeling she wasn't asking a question, you nod in reply, "Y-yes..."

A thin smile appears on Yuuka's face, as she crouches down to get closer to your level, she reaches out a hand to ruffle your hair a bit, "Good girl."

---

Danmaku duels, and Yuuka!:
[ ] Try to alert Marisa and Reimu, to Yuuka's presence?
- [ ] FREAK OUT
- [ ] Try to get closer
- [ ] Other? (write-in)
[ ] Yuuka isn't going to hurt you, so no reason to make a fuss about it?
- [ ] Talk to her?
- [ ] About? (write-in)
- [ ] Watch the duel with Yuuka?
- [ ] Other? (write-in)
[ ] Mandatory write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Book
o Seeds from Yuuka

System:
> ++++ Reimu Hakurei
> ++ Reimu Hakurei
>> No. 96234
[x] Yuuka isn't going to hurt you, so no reason to make a fuss about it?
- [x] Ask her how her day was.
- [X] Talk to her about your training so far.
- [x] Also while watching the duel.

I'm sure they can sense Yuuka in the area and don't seem that freaked out over how she's friendly with us.
>> No. 96236
[x] Yuuka isn't going to hurt you, so no reason to make a fuss about it?
- [x] Ask her how her day was.
- [x] Talk to her about your training so far.
- [x] Also while watching the duel.
>> No. 96240
[x] Yuuka isn't going to hurt you, so no reason to make a fuss about it?
-[x] Ask her how her day was.
-[x] Talk to her about your training so far.
-[x] Also while watching the duel.
>> No. 96312
[x] Yuuka isn't going to hurt you, so no reason to make a fuss about it?
- [x] Ask her how her day was.
- [X] Talk to her about your training so far.
- [x] Also while watching the duel.
>> No. 96317
[x] Yuuka isn't going to hurt you, so no reason to make a fuss about it?
- [x] Ask her how her day was.
- [X] Talk to her about your training so far.
- [x] Also while watching the duel.
>> No. 96334
File 125432870533.jpg - (1.15MB , 1024x1180 , 11f193fbbfc981b493c0c97cc897ada8.jpg ) [iqdb]
96334
[x] Yuuka isn't going to hurt you, so no reason to make a fuss about it?
-[x] Ask her how her day was.
-[x] Talk to her about your training so far.
-[x] Also while watching the duel.

Having Yuuka ruffle your hair is about the last thing you expect out of her, but yet you don't see any real ill-intent behind the action. It's actually kind of soothing really... she looks pretty scary, or well you've heard scary things about her, but her hand feels pretty soft and the action seems to be somewhat affectionate and caring. You resist the urge to relax into the ruffle.

After a while, her hand pulls away and she returns to standing, watching the duel with casual interest. Keeping an eye on the duel, you decide it can't hurt to try to start a conversation.

"So, uhm... how is your day going, Yuuka?" you ask meekly, you feel a bit lame using such a cliched opening question for a conversation.

The green-haired youkai looks down at you, her face showing a hint of surprise, "It has been a normal day, I suppose. At least, up until now. Seeing the witch and maiden duel, is something of a rarity." Yuuka shrugs, ever so slightly, "I confess, I didn't expect you to speak to me so... casually. It is quite refreshing. On that note, how is your day, Reina?"

"It has just started, really... I made some food for Reimu and Marisa earlier. Marisa suggested showing me a danmaku duel, so I could see what one looks like, before Reimu starts teaching me again."

"The shrine maiden herself is teaching you?" asks the youkai, the hint of surprise rather obvious now.

"Mhm. I asked her and well, I managed to convince her. Although, she says I'll have to work very hard, and she isn't even sure if I can do it..."

You hear Yuuka 'tsk' in disapproval, "That isn't the proper attitude to have, little flower. The shrine maiden is the most powerful human in Gensokyo, and to learn danmaku from the last of the Hakurei... it is nothing short of an honor. I hope you plan to put forth all the effort required?"

You again get the feeling she isn't asking a question, "Of course I will! I've never given up on anything in my life, and I don't really intend to now."

The smile reappears on Yuuka's face, "That is what I wanted to hear. How has your training thus far gone, Reina?"

"This is only my second day of it... yesterday was physical training. It was pretty brutal, I've never fought in my life, and Reimu isn't an easy teacher..." you sigh and shake your head, "though I guess, it'll pay off in the end. That's what they always say, right?"

"The shrine maiden didn't have easy training either, so I suspect her methods are similar to her mother's. Don't expect her to coddle you in the least. But yes, you are correct. In the end, you will be all the better for it. What is on today's agenda?"

You watch as Marisa unleashes another colorful laser blast, though again the miko manages to avoid it, "She said today would be the danmaku aspect. Marisa mentioned it'll be extremely exhausting, although in a different way then yesterday."

"It will be very mentally and spiritually exhausting. Unlike physical exhaustion, it will probably be an entirely new feeling to you." the youkai pauses to watch the duel closer for a moment, "Also, mental and spiritual exhaustion are not as easy to fix with simple rest, or a bath. Especially spiritual, while you have much potential, I suspect your spirit itself is rather... normal still. Likely, it has been altered by simply existing in Gensokyo, but you are still rather normal. While you may be in pain, my little flower can endure, can she not?"

Again, not a question, "O-of course. I don't think I could really show my face around Reimu, if I chickened out on this... I don't think I could face you again, either."

"Such a good attitude... you are quite the good girl, Reina. The harshest weather will grow my little flower, into a beautiful garden..." a thin smile creeps onto Yuuka's face, "I can hardly wait for that to happen."

Slowly, Yuuka lowers herself down to sit by your side, her parasol casually resting on her shoulder. The two of you watch the reminder of the duel, only occasionally talking a bit. You can't help but wonder how people find Yuuka so scary, she seems rather nice if... a touch creepy. Just her sitting by you, the sun seems to feel a bit warmer. Eventually, the two duelists cease their duel, and you can see them looking about for you.

When they spot you, you see them speaking to one another, although they're too far to hear, you think they're speaking rather loudly. Eventually the pair moves closer to you, though they seem rather suspicious. You notice Yuuka has returned to standing, and she begins to walk towards the advancing duo, you take this as your cue to rise and walk towards Reimu and Marisa.

"I never really expected to see you Yuuka, we weren't getting to close to your flower fields or anything, were we?" asks Reimu cautiously,

"No of course not. Had you done so, you two would've not been able to duel in peace. Don't worry so much shrine maiden, I didn't come here for anything regarding you two... I was merely checking in on Reina."

Reimu seemed to relax, just a bit, but she still seemed rather tense, "Well, I suppose there's no harm in that..."

"So, you know Reina rather well then, Yuuka?" asked Marisa curiously,

"Well? Perhaps not as well as you, little thief. But I have heard of her... and she is most certainly interesting." she glances back at you, before looking back at the witch, "I suspect I see why you find her so... interesting, yourself."

Marisa opened her mouth, as if to speak, but shut her mouth instead. She instead, tugged down the brim of her hat a bit, and became interested in cleaning herself off. The red-white briefly watched her friend, with slight amusement, before turning her attention back to the youkai.

"Well, I need to get started with Reina's lesson today, so if you don't mind..."

---

After the duel!:
[ ] Ask Reimu if Yuuka can stay?
- [ ] To help teach?
- [ ] To observe?
- [ ] Other? (write-in)
[ ] Say nothing.
- [ ] Other? (write-in)
[ ] Mandatory write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Book
o Seeds from Yuuka

System:
> + Yuuka Kazami
>> No. 96335
[x] Say nothing.
>> No. 96341
[ ] Ask Reimu if Yuuka can stay?
-[ ] To observe?
>> No. 96349
[ ] Ask Reimu if Yuuka can stay?
-[ ] To observe?
>> No. 96352
[x] Ask Reimu if Yuuka can stay?
-[x] To observe?

I'm sure if she wanted to teach she would have said so. I never thought that Yuuka was over the top malicious, just a bit misunderstood yet the last person you'd want to make angry.

>>96229

Question: was the 4+ for Reimu there as a joke (due to how >>96124 did) or something else?
>> No. 96380
>>96352
Yes it was a joke. Sorry, you only got half as many!

Writing is starting now.
>> No. 96392
File 125436121819.jpg - (163.48KB , 630x809 , 125142330328.jpg ) [iqdb]
96392
[x] Ask Reimu if Yuuka can stay?
-[x] To observe?

"A-actually, could Yuuka stay, Reimu?" you ask.

Reimu turns to look at you quizzically, "... Why?"

"Well, I just thought if it wasn't a problem she could just watch...?" you reply nervously, as the shrine maiden stares at you.

The red-white looks to you, then Yuuka, "... Well, I guess it can't hurt."

"I wonder how the shrine maiden teaches..." says the youkai aloud, giving Reimu a slight smile.

As Reimu leads you back to the shrine, you can't help but notice Marisa being rather quiet. Although she's lifted the brim of her hat again, so you can see her face, she seems to lost in her own thoughts. You wonder what Yuuka meant when she spoke to her earlier. Leading you into the shrine, Reimu leaves you in a room with Yuuka and Marisa, as she goes to fetch 'some books, or something like that', as she put it.

"Awfully quiet, aren't you little thief?" asks Yuuka suddenly.

Marisa's seems to snap to attention, looking over at the Yuuka, "Huh? Oh uhm, ya know. Just thinkin' is all."

"About what, Marisa?" you ask curiously.

"Uhm, you know! Uh... stuff, borin' stuff. Nothin' all that interestin', like... ya know what I wanna eat later or... somethin' ze."

"Oh. I see..."

Of course, it's rather obvious Marisa is making up lies. But you decide not to pry further, if she doesn't want to talk about it, she doesn't want to talk about it. After a few moments of silence, Reimu returns, carrying various scrolls and other objects in her arms, which she promptly dumps onto the table.

"Well. Let us begin then Reina."

~

As Yuuka had predicted, this kind of training was something else entirely. While the physical training had left you with the familiar feelings of muscule soreness and overall exhaustion, but this was just... different. You hadn't ever felt so tired in your life before, and your eyes felt as heavy as lead. Your breathing was labored and your skin coated in a layer of sweat, your hair clung to your head and every muscule in your body seemed to be screaming at you.

You had collapsed onto the floor, and Reimu stood above you, looking down at you with a hint of concern.

"Pretty bad, huh?" you only manage to slightly nod your head in response, "I suspected it would've ended this way but... I'll admit, you did last a lot longer then I had expected."

"Did you expect anything less, shrine maiden?" commented Yuuka, "Not only that, she did manage to form a single bullet. Small and useless, yes, and it lasted only a fraction of a second, but it is quite amazing for an outsider to achieve that."

"She did? I didn't see anythin'!"

"It was only for a fraction of a second, little thief. If you blinked, it would've been gone before you eyelids even started to open. It was by chance that even I managed to see it."

"Can you move at all Reina? Just kind of twitch or something..." asks the miko with a bit of worry.

"I think I saw her finger twitch ze..." muttered Marisa,

Groaning, you shakingly force yourself to sit up, despite the miko's protests that you shouldn't try moving at all. When you manage to sit up, you can see the faint hint of amusement on Yuuka's face, although Marisa and Reimu both look at you in worry.

"You're going to hurt yourself if you keep pushing yourself like that..." mutters Reimu with a sigh,

"Don't go hurtin' yourself now Reina! If ya need to rest, just say so!"

"N-no, I'll be fine. Really. Don't worry about it." you respond, your voice a bit shaky and weak.

Still, you're not lieing completely. While you still feel exhausted and in pain, you feel a little bit better. At least good enough to not pass out or something. Taking another deep breath, you try to rise to your feet, before deciding that is a little too much, too soon, and settle for sitting.

"I guess, on second thought, some rest isn't a bad idea..." you admit with a chuckle.

Reimu sighs and runs a hand through her hair, "Really, Reina... you want to go take a dip in the hot springs or something? I guess you'll need a fresh change of clothes too..."

"I could go swing by her place, and grab somethin' if you want."

"I'm sure I've got something around here that'll fit her thought." says Reimu, tapping her chin in thought, "Plus I wouldn't want to leave her alone in the springs, in case she passes out or something..."

---

Restorer, needs rest badly!:
[ ] Go relax in the hot spring?
- [ ] Ask Marisa to come with you?
- [ ] Hey, why can't Reimu come in?
- [ ] ... What about Yuuka?
[ ] Some fresh clothes would be nice...
- [ ] Send Marisa to fetch something?
- [ ] You'll take any spare clothing Reimu has...
* [ ] Anything in specific? (write-in)
[ ] Mandatory write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Book
o Seeds from Yuuka

System:
> You're exhausted and sweaty!
> You've grasped the basics of danmaku! But you certainly can't use it...
> + Yuuka Kazami
>> No. 96393
[x] Go relax in the hot spring?
- [x] ... What about Yuuka?
[x] Some fresh clothes would be nice...
- [x] You'll take any spare clothing Reimu has...

Yuuka Yuuka Yuukarin~
>> No. 96395
[ ] Go relax in the hot spring?
- [ ] Ask Marisa to come with you?
[ ] Some fresh clothes would be nice...
- [ ] You'll take any spare clothing Reimu has...
>> No. 96396
[x] Go relax in the hot spring?
- [x] ... What about Yuuka?
[x] Some fresh clothes would be nice...
- [x] You'll take any spare clothing Reimu has...

I don't think it'd hurt; and I wonder how she'd enjoy such a thing.
>> No. 96399
[x] Go relax in the hot spring?
-[x] ... What about Yuuka?
[x] Some fresh clothes would be nice...
-[x] You'll take any spare clothing Reimu has...
>> No. 96403
[x] Go relax in the hot spring?
-[x] ... What about Yuuka?
[x] Some fresh clothes would be nice...
-[x] You'll take any spare clothing Reimu has...
>> No. 96417
[x] Go relax in the hot spring?
- [x] ... What about Yuuka?
[x] Some fresh clothes would be nice...
- [x] You'll take any spare clothing Reimu has...
>> No. 96450
File 125441469162.jpg - (246.12KB , 800x1184 , b5fc7aa1077fb2ba080148fdc04c3c90.jpg ) [iqdb]
96450
[x] Go relax in the hot spring?
- [x] ... What about Yuuka?
[x] Some fresh clothes would be nice...
- [x] You'll take any spare clothing Reimu has...

"There's no need to go out of your way to get me some clothes, Marisa, I'll take anything Reimu happens to have she'd like to spare."

The miko nodded, "Alright, I'll see what I can find then. Well then, Marisa could you go ahead and accompany Reina to the hot spring, just to keep an eye on her?"

"A-actually, I was wondering if Yuuka could..."

Marisa and Reimu both stared at you with a mixture of surprise and bewilderment, the flower youkai merely chuckled.

"Well, that was quite the surprise, wasn't it? I don't have an objection to Reina's request... do either of you?" asked Yuuka, her tone implying she wasn't asking,

"... No, I suppose not. I'll go give Reimu a hand then." spoke up Marisa suddenly, rising to her feet, "Have a good bath, alright Reina?"

The witch gently tugged on Reimu's arm, before the miko snapped out of it, and stepped out of the room with the witch. Yuuka rose to her feet, and stepped to your side, extending her hand out.

"Come along little flower, I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself trying to stand."

The youkai gently pulled you to your feet, and offered her arm to lean up against when you began to wobble. Yuuka led you to the changing room before the springs, her gentle yet strong grip keeping you from falling flat on your face numerous times. You find it awkward with Yuuka being in the room, and shyly ask her to leave for a moment, so that you might get undressed. A flicker of amusement flashes across her face, as she politely departs the room - waiting just outside the door - for you to get undressed.

After managing to peel your sweat-drenched clothing off, you wrap yourself in one of the towels provided, and meekly call out to Yuuka, telling her you've changed. She merely replies she'll give you a few moments to enter the spring proper, although she mentions if you don't feel up to it, she'll personally lead you. Blushing slightly, you decline her offer, and hobble the short distance into the spring, discarding the towel and submerging yourself in the relaxing waters.

As you relax in the spring, you can't help but notice the lack of Yuuka, wasn't she supposed to be keeping an eye on you? Suddenly, you hear the sound of the door sliding open, and you look over your shoulder to see who could've gotten past Yuuka... to see that it was none other then Yuuka, only now her red pleated dress was gone, replaced with a flimsy towel that did little more then hug to her...

Your face reddens as you quickly advert your eyes from the youkai's towel-clad form, although your neck protests loudly in pain from the quick action, you sink a bit deeper into the water, trying to hide the blush on your face. You hear the sound of Yuuka dipping herself into the waters, and then feel a hand ruffle your head.

"You didn't think I would just watch, did you Reina? I do not have the chance to bathe in a hot spring often, especially with company, I simply couldn't pass up such a chance... I trust this is fine with you, little flower?"

"N-no problem at all!" you stammer in reply.

"You sound nervous, I wonder why that is?" taunts Yuuka, her fingertips gliding down your cheek as her hand draws away,

"Ne-nervous? I don't know why you'd think such a thing, Yuuka."

For the first time, you hear the youkai laugh. Her laughter is somehow soothing to hear, yet you somehow feel a slight chill crawl down your spine, "And here I thought you were always such an honest, good girl Reina... you should know better then to lie. Especially to me." her voice hardened ever so slightly.

You wince, "I-I'm sorry... I didn't mean to! It's just a reflex, I suppose..."

Yuuka makes a 'tsk' sound, "I'm afraid I must apologize as well. I shouldn't treat my little flower in such a harsh tone, she is after all special, I think she deserves to keep a few secrets, even from me..."

There's a moment of silence, in which you decide to clean your sweat-laden hair, dipping your head underneath the hot waters. By the time you pop your head back up, Yuuka has inched closer to you and gently takes hold of your shoulders. Her hands gently rub your shoulders.

"My, my... you feel so very tense, Reina! You're supposed to be relaxing, little flower..."

You aren't sure if it's Yuuka's words, or her hands gently rubbing your shoulders, but you can feel yourself beginning to loosen up, easing into the youkai's gentle embrace. At least, until you can feel Yuuka's chest against your back, and you reflexively jump forward. For the second time, Yuuka laughs, only this time you don't get the odd chill in your spine.

"You are very interesting indeed, little flower." a thin smile appears on her face, "Maybe later, I can treat you to a proper massage... we're about to be interrupted, I'm afraid."

As if on cue, you hear the door slide open, and Reimu's head pokes in.

"I got you something to wear Reina, so if you're all done in there...?"

~

"You couldn't at least have given her one of your spare outfits, Reimu? I'd think she'd look pretty cute in it ze." teased the witch.

"We went over this already Marisa, the outfits are custom tailored, and I don't think Reina would fit in them... besides, those are mine anyway..." muttered Reimu,

Reimu had managed to find a simple yukata for you to wear, it wasn't much but it was better then prancing about the shrine in the nude. After your bath, you and your group had decided to simply relax about the shrine. You felt a little guilty about it, considering you probably had work waiting, but Reimu was quite against you leaving the shrine for at least a few hours, and she had convinced Marisa against sneaking you out as well.

Still, it wasn't too bad to relax in the company of friends. Marisa had stopped being so quiet as well, and she was chatting happily, although you were all just talking about unimportant, mindless chatter. Dinner was still a few hours off, and Reimu insisted you stay until at least dinner, once that came around she'd decide if she deemed you fit and healthy enough to go back home. It did give you some free time at least...

---

Forced R&R at the Shrine!
[ ] Spend time with Reimu?
- [ ] Do what? (write-in)
[ ] Why not kill time with Marisa?
- [ ] Do what? (write-in)
[ ] How about Yuuka?
- [ ] Do what? (write-in)
[ ] Mandatory write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Book
o Seeds from Yuuka

System:
> + Yuuka Kazami
>> No. 96489
[x] Play some cards, this time preferrably without wasting ourselves on alcolol. Four players should be enough for some fun.
>> No. 96497
[x] Play some cards, this time preferably without wasting ourselves on alcohol. Four players should be enough for some fun.
- [x] Inquire about various stories if it's no problem.

This should be interesting since these three have a history.
>> No. 96500
[x] Play some cards, this time preferably without wasting ourselves on alcohol. Four players should be enough for some fun.
- [x] Inquire about various stories if it's no problem.
>> No. 96515
[x] Play some cards, this time preferably without wasting ourselves on alcohol. Four players should be enough for some fun.
- [x] Inquire about various stories if it's no problem.
>> No. 96528
File 125444016522.jpg - (26.00KB , 446x268 , 1226378138816.jpg ) [iqdb]
96528
>>96450
>you decide to clean your sweat-laden hair, dipping your head underneath the hot waters
HOT SPRINGS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY, FILTHY GAIJIN
>> No. 96542
File 12544456712.jpg - (180.24KB , 850x637 , sample-6dd6e8e37f41d300b52dc401f42aefa9.jpg ) [iqdb]
96542
[x] Play some cards, this time preferably without wasting ourselves on alcohol. Four players should be enough for some fun.
- [x] Inquire about various stories if it's no problem.

"Hey Reimu, uhm, as much fun as just sitting around and talking is..." you start to say.

"If`you have something in mind to do, it better not involve you moving around..." cut in Reimu, eyeing you suspiciously,

"Hahaha, of course not... I was just suggesting we could maybe, play cards?"

"Does Yuuka even know how ta play cards, ze?" asked the witch, glancing in the youkai's direction.

"You didn't even know how to until Reina taught you. At least, not the version she knows how to play anyway." comment the red-white.

"I've only ever learned to play hadafuda, but I guess this isn't what Reina was suggesting, was it?" asked Yuuka,

"Reina would probably do a better job of explaining it really. Guess I'll go find that deck..."

You do your best to explain the basics, starting with blackjack due to its simplicity, while Reimu leaves to look for her deck of cards. When she returns, you then explain the basics of poker to Yuuka. While the flower youkai seems to catch on much faster, you still think it'd be best for everyone to simply play practice rounds for a while.

"We've got some time to kill, anyone have some interesting stories to share?" you ask to no one in particular.

"Well, Yuuka probably has the most, but I think we'd all be dust before she could share them all..."

"I would think either one of you would have more interesting stories, I've only bothered to get involved with one incident..." the youkai chuckled, "in which I recall, you thought I was behind it."

"Well, when flowers start croppin' up and stuff, you're only the first suspect! I mean, you do like spreadin' them flower fields around ze..."

"I thought the village could do with some... decorating. Wouldn't you agree?"

The miko sighed, shrugging, "I guess they don't look bad - but it creeps the villagers out when flower fields start appearing overnight."

"You'd think they would be use to me by now..." Yuuka chuckled and shook her head,

"If there's so many youkai in the village all the time, why is it that Yuuka seems to scare them the most?" you ask curiously.

Marisa shrugged, "I dunno how it all started, but she's just kinda always had that kind of creepy vibe about her. Doesn't help if you mess with her flowers, you probably end up as fertilizer..."

"She is right there, Marisa..." Reimu sighed, "shouldn't go talking about people in that way, when they're right there."

"Don't worry yourself, shrine maiden. Only lies would offend me, if the little thief speaks the truth, it isn't all that bad..." replied the youkai casually.

"I can never tell if you're joking, when you take on that tone..." sighed Reimu,

"What is this incident you're all refering to anyway?" you ask with a slight frown.

"Well ya see, a few springs back the flowers started to bloom a lot, and not just spring flowers! There were summer flowers and fall flowers even! The fairies were gettin' all hyper too. It was pretty crazy, but with flowers bloomin' like crazy, I of course naturally thought Yuuka had to be behind it, 'cause she's you know, the flower youkai and all ze."

"Of course, everyone else thought the same thing. And it wasn't Yuuka's doing at all, she was just enjoying seeing all the flowers in bloom." continued Reimu, "Turns out the whole thing was just because Komachi was slacking. Though, I guess that doesn't make much sense without knowing what she does... well, I guess you could think of Komachi as... death? She's supposed to ferry souls across the Higan, but she's really lazy. Since she was slacking, the souls started to possess the flowers and stuff."

"I... I see. That uhm, happen often? Souls possessing things?"

"Not at all. Not counting that incident, it last happened about sixty years ago. Despite her slackings, there isn't usually enough souls trying to cross the Higan for it to really matter." answered Yuuka,

"If somethin' is goin' down in Gensokyo, it's always interestin'! Still, that was one of the few times I've ever fought Yuuka..."

"Only this time, you didn't get to steal my techinques, little thief." said the youkai matter-of-factly.

The witch chuckled nervously and didn't say anything. Reimu sighed and shook her head.

"Too bad while you were fighting, I was the one doing all the solving, sheesh."

"Have you ever fought Yuuka, Reimu?"

"We've not had that pleasure yet, I've been trying, but... the shrine maiden always has an excuse." replied Yuuka, her tone just a bit disappointed, "Perhaps if you train Reina enough, she may make an interesting replacement."

"You're not dueling Reina, she's not even going to be able to last a second against you without years of work." said the miko flatly, frowning.

"So little faith in her... well, I think I've got an understanding of this game. It appears to be rather simple."

"It really is, but you usually gotta bet somethin' in it to see who really wins it. Kinda like mahjong, ya know? One who gets the most 'points', or somethin' like that, wins! Pretty simple."

"The question is, what to use for bets. I wouldn't imagine Yuuka carries money on her..." muttered the miko.

---

... Suggest anything?:
[ ] Suggest...
- [ ] What? (write-in)
[ ] Say nothing!
[ ] Mandatory write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Book
o Seeds from Yuuka
>> No. 96544
[x] Suggest...
- [x] Clothing. You'll get them back after the everyone clothes have been shed. This is just a friendly game after all.

Let's assume that Reina intends things to be more on the modest side at first.
>> No. 96553
[x] Suggest...
- [x] Clothing. You'll get them back after the everyone clothes have been shed. This is just a friendly game after all.
What could go wrong?
>> No. 96566
[x] Suggest...
- [x] Clothing. You'll get them back after the everyone clothes have been shed. This is just a friendly game after all.
Strip poker? Really? Oh well.~ Oh and krissy, didn't we agree that you stop with the "ze" thing?
>> No. 96568
>>96566

>>ze

You're thinking of MikoSpark.
>> No. 96576
>hadafuda
should be "hanafuda"

>across the Higan
The river is called the "Sanzu". Higan is the far (i.e. dead) side of the Sanzu river. On the near (i.e. living) side is the Chuu'u no Michi ("Limbo Road"), which leads from Muenzuka ("Hill of Those Who Have No Family") to the Sanzu.

Look these up on the Touhou Wikia page, particularly the articles from Perfect Memento in Strict Sense.

Vote:
[+] Suggest...
-[+] ...go by points (treat as if they count as money). Each player gets 100 ryo (imaginary) to start, and play continues until one player gets to 300 ryo. The winner gets one reasonable favor from each of the losers.

Seriously, strip poker again?
>> No. 96578
[x] Suggest...
-[x] ...go by points (treat as if they count as money). Each player gets 100 ryo (imaginary) to start, and play continues until one player gets to 300 ryo. The winner gets one reasonable favor from each of the losers.

>>96576 >Seriously, strip poker again?

I couldn't think of anything else at the time.
>> No. 96579
[0] Suggest...
-[1] ...go by points (treat as if they count as money). Each player gets 100 ryo (imaginary) to start, and play continues until one player gets to 300 ryo. The winner gets one reasonable favor from each of the losers.
>> No. 96581
[x] Suggest...
- [x] Clothing. You'll get them back after the everyone clothes have been shed. This is just a friendly game after all.
>> No. 96582
[x] Suggest...
-[x] ...go by points (treat as if they count as money). Each player gets 100 ryo (imaginary) to start, and play continues until one player gets to 300 ryo. The winner gets one reasonable favor from each of the losers.

We've already had strip poker.
>> No. 96584
[x] Suggest...
-[x] ...go by points (treat as if they count as money). Each player gets 100 ryo (imaginary) to start, and play continues until one player gets to 300 ryo. The winner gets one reasonable favor from each of the losers.
>> No. 96589
[x] Suggest...
-[x] ...go by points (treat as if they count as money). Each player gets 100 ryo (imaginary) to start, and play continues until one player gets to 300 ryo. The winner gets one reasonable favor from each of the losers.
>> No. 96598
>>96576
Thanks for the corrections.
I had actually been using the PoFV translations as I was writing it out, and they often told Komachi to send the souls across the Higan.

I may have overlooked Sanzu however.

Writing will commence, but since we're nearing sage, I'll start it in a new thread. It'll be up soon.
>> No. 96658
>>96598
Not a problem. Just wanted to give you a heads-up about those, since it could cause confusion for some. Also, I figured it would be the best time to point you toward the THWiki.