[Return]
Archived Thread

File 124967328645.jpg - (139.39KB , 566x800 , 3633e2f52be2b216c2040fe9be4f6411.jpg ) [iqdb]
92548 No. 92548
Continuation of >>92070

When we last left Anonymous, he had decided to visit the Scarlet Devil Mansion on the weekend, and was presently discussing a certain book with a certain blonde vampire girl.

---------

"No." A sudden, sharp reply from you; for a moment, you consider the possibility of frightening the poor girl back into her shy shell, yet there's no signs of her feeling intimidated. Instead, she tilts her head at you in mild confusion, prompting you to continue. "I want to hear what YOU think it's about, without any bias. Just be honest with me, okay?" You try giving Flandre an encouraging smile, before adding: "Any opinion or interpretation is valid, as long as you can back it up. So, what do you think, and why? I'm honestly curious." And indeed you are. Just how mentally mature is this girl? An undying, unaging girl, probably lifetimes ahead of you, yet still a child at heart...

She pulls her legs up onto the chair, wrapping her arms around herself and leaning her chin down against the top of her knees lightly, eyes staring off into space; a light smile lingers on her face, yet it seems inexplicably sad for a facial expression usually signifying a good mood.
"...I wonder..." Another long pause, the silence in the room would crush you under its weight, if it weren't for the periodic noise of Cirno turning pages or audibly mouthing a longer, more difficult word to herself. Flandre motions you closer - probably not wanting to spoil the book for the newest club member right after she's only just started on it.
"...I think it's telling us how people should talk more... Communicate, you know? With their hearts."

"Talk?"

"Mhmm... Like, how Mr. Bennet only made fun of his daughters for the silly things they did, instead of teaching them right from wrong... Or how Mrs. Bennet was living her life through her daughters, without thinking about them as their own person..." Although you're not looking her in the face, having turned your ear to her so as to better hear her whispering, you can sense that sad smile on her face slowly fading - the smile, that is, leaving the sadness behind. The way she's breathing... changes, as does her tone of voice.
"...or how Kitty was just a silly girl living in her sister's shadow, until finally being saved in the end. It would've all been better for everyone if they'd just talked to each other from the heart more. But they were thinking more about money and how other people saw them, than family and friends. Even thinking about advantageous marriage, rather than that of love."
Blinking a bit, you turn to face her once more - you had figured this girl would simply interpret the novel as little more than a love story between the two protagonists, yet she's showing sympathy towards supporting characters due to their flawed upbringing and environment severely impacting their own future characteristics and behavior, like a contageous disease spreading from parent to child.

She just smiles at you, nervously. "...did I get it right? Be honest."

"Like I said, if you can back up your claims, your opinion is perfectly valid... And, while I wouldn't have worded it quite that way, I'd have to agree. I think a strong theme of the novel is how the environment in which we're raised - and how - strongly affects what we become in the future. It defines our character and morality. Still... I'm surprised you completely neglected to mention Elizabeth and Darcy. They're the main characters, after all."
You hesitate a moment. "At first, I was almost expecting you to think of it as just a simple love story." She smiles at you.

"I guess it's that too, isn't it? But, they also had a hard time, because their parents wouldn't talk to them from their heart when they were little. Like how Elizabeth grows up to be... judgmental..." Uttering this word which has little place in the vocabulary of a girl this childlike, with an ominous emphasis, she continues. "...or how Darcy was raised to care more about his status than the people he talked to." You nod to her in agreement, that description giving you an odd sense of deja vu, and she adds one final thought. "I think... the title of the book fits both of them, like that. But in the end, they got over it, and their differences. I'm glad they could have a good end like that."

Your little exchange of thoughts is interrupted by a very frustrated Cirno yanking on your sleeve all of a sudden.
"Hey, you... Wha's this word?" She holds the book up to you in a manner that would make a librarian twitch and grind teeth, while pointing at a specific word on one of the pages facing you.

"'Tolerable'. It means 'fairly good' or 'passable', something you can endure." You speak the word in question out in well-articulated English, explaining it to the blue-haired little girl beside you in Japanese, which you figure she'd be more familiar with. Staring at you intently with a humorously focused face, she nods in response, not even remembering to thank you for expanding her vocabulary.
"Say, uh... Cirno, right?" It occurs to you that you've never spoken to one another directly. "Can I ask you a question, just out of curiosity?"

>> No. 92549
File 124967332390.jpg - (259.03KB , 700x450 , 33170ea0a393512d74c602653a825d09.jpg ) [iqdb]
92549
"Hum, what?" Blunt little rascal, isn't she. And by little you do mean little - she's got to be the shortest highschooler you've ever seen in your life. You wouldn't bet anything taller than four feet, give or take. That, combined with the fact that she has ice-crystal-like spikes protruding from her back in an arrangement that vaguely resembles wings must be what initially lead to you branding her as a 'fairy' in your mind; granted, you wouldn't have any idea what type of youkai she's actually mean to be. She turns her big, shiny blue eyes at you, giving off the appearance of a small animal as she simply glares at you, slowly furrowing her brow.

"Well, not that we're not glad to have you with us - quite the contrary, really! - I'm simply curious. Why'd you join the book club?"

"...whaddayamean." Brows still furrowed to a comical degree, she keeps drilling her gaze into you, as if tunneling for some hidden implication in what you just asked.

"Well, ah, I thought you were trying to start your own club? I saw the poster and..."

"Got taken down. Rejected." She wiggles the weird wing-crystal things on her back in frustration, before grabbing you by the collar, pulling your face down to her level - it's not that she's particularly strong physically, nowhere near Rumia's grizzly-bear-level grip; in fact, she's only about as strong as she looks. Still, you allow yourself to be dragged into a bowing position, partly because of surprise, partly because you'd rather not have her damage the shirt of your school uniform regardless of how strong she is. Something about this room seems to make little girls want to whisper stuff into your ears... which might actually be kind of hot in a more normal situation.
"...I wanna look smarter. Some'a the others say I talk funny and am dumb and stuff. But I'm not dumb, I'm a genius! I'm just unedumacated! T'aint my fault, y'know?" The fairy girl's weak grip tightens.
"Y'tell anyone whatcha just heard and I'll... defenestrate you." You can't help but wonder what word she was actually looking for, unless she really did intend to threaten throwing you out of a window just now. Regardless, you nod to her, drawing a cross over your heart for emphasis; she doesn't look like she understands the significance of the gesture, but lets go anyway, seemingly satisfied, giving you the chance to straighten the bigger wrinkles out of the front of your shirt.
"Good. Now... Wha's this word?"
The three of you spend the rest of the afternoon helping Cirno read, as well as discussing events in the book, the thought processes and actions of the various characters, and their ramifications. Cirno doesn't exactly seem to understand all of it, but shows praiseworthy determination in reading a famous book in a foreign language. Seriously, you were already surprised when you found out she was reading it in English, rather than Japanese.

It's gotten pretty late. Eventually, you stick your neck out of the club room, and hear nothing but dead silence within the building - you sure got absorbed in whatever the hell you just wasted several hours of your life on, but... it was pretty fun. You and Flan both helping Cirno wrestle with the English language felt rather bonding, and even the grumpy little fairy started looking like she was actually enjoying reading, by the time she was able to read an entire page without asking for help. Time to go home.

At the gate, you wave to Flandre, watching her skip down the hill in the direction of the lake, in the middle of which an island holds the mansion you'll be staying at for the next two days. For a brief moment, you wonder how she actually gets home - sure, she's a vampire, but those... wing... branch... root... christmas light things hardly look flight-capable. Oh well, she'll manage.

"I have to run, I don't want to make Sakuya worry! Sis and I will pick you up tomorrow morning!" Good, she's starting to sound more determined, more assertive. Mostly still only around you, but today she opened up more and more to Cirno as well. This is great! She's actually making friends, slowly but steadily. Something inside you gives you that warm fuzzy feeling that only doing good deeds can give a person...

Hang on a second. You're not alone just yet. Looking down, you're once more greeted by the sight of the short Cirno making big shiny animal eyes at you, mouth just a tiny bit open as she stares at you intently.



[] ...talk to the funny little fairy?
[] Say goodbye and go home.
[] It's not that late yet. Go somewhere else.
>> No. 92550
[O] Say goodbye and go home.
>> No. 92552
[x] ...talk to the funny little fairy?
>> No. 92553
File 12496744996.jpg - (22.74KB , 450x550 , sadcirno.jpg ) [iqdb]
92553
[X] ...talk to the funny little fairy?

Look at those eyes, Anon. Can you say 'no' to those eyes?
>> No. 92554
[x] ...talk to the funny little fairy?

>>92553

I could definitely say "no"...out of horror and disbelief that she's melting.
>> No. 92556
File 12496763821.jpg - (202.16KB , 800x589 , 20720bd68e93a89a48dd49ab51b69d0d.jpg ) [iqdb]
92556
[X] ...talk to the funny little fairy?
>> No. 92558
[x] ...talk to the funny little fairy?

This is the only path.
>> No. 92560
[X] ...talk to the funny little fairy?

I can't say no to Cirno.
>> No. 92561
[x] ...talk to the funny little fairy?

Why not, it helps to have the strongest stop Rumia from attacking us.
>> No. 92564
[X] ...talk to the funny little fairy?

I'm still stuck on the mental image of her trying to physically lift someone much bigger than her, let alone actually throwing them out a window.
>> No. 92570
[x] ...talk to the funny little fairy?
Be sure to include a ruffle hair somewhere in the update.
>> No. 92571
File 124968209921.png - (58.11KB , 679x604 , Cirno.png ) [iqdb]
92571
[x] ...talk to the funny little fairy?
>> No. 92582
[x] ...talk to the funny little fairy?
[x]"So Cirno, where do you live?"
>> No. 92583
[ze] ...talk to the funny little fairy?

>>92564
I'm sure she'd manage.
>> No. 92587
>>92564

There's Suika who despite her tiny size could easily toss a man THROUGH a building.

in Gensokyo, modern logic doesn't quite work.
>> No. 92588
>>There's Suika who despite her tiny size could easily toss a man THROUGH a building.

Yes, but she's an oni. Being strong is kinda their "thing".
Fairies, on the other hand, are not generally known for their physical strength, and going by the protagonist's impression, Cirno is no exception.
>>it's not that she's particularly strong physically, nowhere near Rumia's grizzly-bear-level grip; in fact, she's only about as strong as she looks.


But that's not what I was getting at. I mean, just picture her trying to lift up someone bigger and heavier than her. Her straining and struggling with all her might to get them off the ground, and failing that, dragging them over to the window. Then the way she tries to heave them up and through the window. My god, if you could see that and not feel compelled to just jump out that damn window yourself to allow her to believe she succeeded, you have no heart.
>> No. 92590
[X] ...talk to the funny little fairy?
SHE'S JUST UNEDUMACATED
>> No. 92605
File 124977676223.jpg - (270.12KB , 665x804 , cirnoswimsuit.jpg ) [iqdb]
92605
...

"What are you looking at?" You both exclaim at the same time, glaring into each other's eyes - it's like a staring contest for what feels like a minute or two, before your eyes finally get a little too dry, forcing you to blink; Cirno flashes a triumphant grin at you, wiggling those weird wing-like crystal things up and down and looking mighty pleased with herself.
"Looks like I'm still the strongest~"

Yeah, strongest fairy, maybe. It catches your attention that, despite being a highschool student, she uses the childish pronoun 'atai' to refer to herself.
"At what, staring contests? Hardly a bragworthy talent, I'm sure..."

She puffs her cheeks at you, giving her the appearance of an angry squirrel trying to smuggle nuts past you inside them.
"Oh yeah? Wanna arm wrassle?"

"You look so light-weight I'm afraid I'd send you flying."

"Who ya callin' a lightweight!?" Emitting the most adorably pathetic growl of vengeful determination you've ever heard, she leaps into you, attempting to push you down the hill. And, well, failing miserably - you have the significant advantage in mass, and your suspicions are confirmed. She appears to be one of the few girls in your school that do not possess ridiculously disproportional levels of physical strength. She pushes, shoves, switches to tugging and pulling, eventually strains herself to exhaustion; once you sense she's about finished, you chuckle lightly - trying not to sound too obviously condescending - and ruffle her hair. You seem to be developing an unhealthy attraction towards ruffling girls' hair.

"That'll do, kid. That'll do." She merely scoffs in response, jerking her head away from you and straightening the blue ribbon tied in her hair. You find yourself wondering what-... well, no, if you really think about it, it's fairly obvious what her powers are based around. The ice on the lake the other day, those icicle wings. And, now that you notice it - the dreadful heat is nowhere near as annoying when you're around her. It's like she's a walking, talking cooling device. The bizarre thought of licking her wing like a popsicle streaks through your mind for a microsecond, but you immediately shake it off, mildly concerned over the thought of developing fantastic perversions during your stay here.

"So, ah, Cirno," you start, thinking the two of you got off on the wrong foot, "where do you live? I could, uh, walk you home if it's not too far off." Sending yet another glance at those wiggling little wings, you wonder if they're actually flight-capable... and whether or not she'll expect you to fly, too, should she accept your proposal. Hm, can Patchouli teach you to fly? Maybe you ought to ask her, tomorrow. In any case, you turn your attention back to the frustrated ice fairy, staring at you once more with those huge eyes of hers, a cartoonish scowl on her face.

"...that lake. Over there." She points in the direction of the Scarlet Devil Mansion; well, to be more accurate, in the general direction of the lake surrounding it. What's she trying to say, does she live underwater or something? No, that can't be it... She probably has a house or something somewhere near the edge. Probably. You realize you don't really know much about how youkai live, after all.

"Well. Want me to join you, then? It's not that far from the village, and I've got some free time anyway."

She just stomps off - well, it looks like she's trying to stomp, but it's not like someone that small and light can kick up much dust. "Do what ya like. I'm goin' home with or withoutcha." Aren't we the ice queen all of a sudden. Sighing loudly, provoking another wiggle of the wings, you follow her, catching up in just a few steps before you have to slow down considerably, compared to your usual walking tempo. No, she can't possibly go to from school like this every day... She must be able to fly. But then, why is she walking now? Why was she standing beside you up on the hill, staring at you, instead of just zipping on home? Maybe she wanted you to accompany her, after all?

You walk for a few minutes in awkward silence. Granted, this is pretty nice, too, if only because you're finally getting a break from the evening heat simply by sticking around her; almost makes you want to take her home with you. The source of the cool aura emanating from her seems to be those strange wings your eyes keep being drawn to - holding your hand over them, it actually becomes too cold for comfort, and you quickly withdraw it; she doesn't notice a thing. Does she have feeling in them? No, impossible...

"Wah! Whaddaya doing!?" You remove your frost-covered finger from the tip of the icy wing, having poked it out of morbid curiosity, and Cirno shoots a sharp glare at you, face strangely flushed.
"How'd you like it if I touched ya in funny places too, hum!?"

I'd love it! is what you don't say out loud to her, instead making a mock-bow and apologizing insincerely, and she looks perfectly satisfied once again. Guess she really is rather simple, in that sense. Glancing about boredly, you swear you see a strange shadow in the distance behind you, moving... hm. In any case, it's keeping its distance, and eventually wanders off somewhere else. You find yourself wondering if Cirno's presence beside you kept you safe from something (or someone) just now.

"So... what can you tell me about Gensokyo?"

"Hum? You're here."

"I know that. I meant... oh, nevermind."

"Don't ask stupid questions." Yeesh... If she weren't so small and cute, you'd pull on her ears or something about now. Oh, you're already at the lake; and, uh... what a sight. Little girls with insect wings, here and there, some larger, some smaller. And by that, you mean some of them would likely fit in your palm. In comparison, Cirno looks like a veritable giant, easily the largest of these... what are they, fairies? First word that comes to mind, anyway. The other fairies cease their playing around and rush to greet Cirno the moment they notice her, swarming around her like a bunch of mosquitos hungry for blood, pelting her with 'oneechans' and other greetings. Then, they turn their gaze to you, and scatter as if someone had blown an air horn behind them all of a sudden. Cirno lets out a soft sigh and scowls at you, before shrugging to herself, and... grabbing the bottom edge of her uniform's shirt and starting to slide if off?

"W-wh-what the hell do you think you're doing?" you blurt out, stuttering the beginning of the sentence and staring at her in disbelief.

"Hum? Changing. Wha's it look like." Having said this, she tosses the shirt aside, wasting no time to get to the skirt as well. By the time the sense to cover your eyes and/or turn around comes to you, she's clad in little else than a light blue pair of panties, and a matching bra covering an extremely petite chest. Why is she doing this outside!?

"I-I-I'm going home now. S-see you tomorrow."

"Hokay. Seeya." And she seems completely ignorant of how inappropriate she's being. Utterly flustered, you slink off back towards the village... although you sneak one last peek of her little almost-naked body before leaving, just to make yourself feel less pathetic towards the opposite sex. Normally you'd enjoy such sights, but this is hardly a normal situation; plus, you're mildly concerned whether or not admitting to like what you saw would make you a pedophile. She's in highschool, so it's okay, right? Right?

Bah, you don't want to think about that right now. Instead, you rush straight home, greet the family and inform them you'll be gone for the weekend, devour dinner and collapse in your bed. The sun hasn't quite set just yet, but you feel awfully tired... And, well, it wouldn't hurt going to sleep earlier tonight, considering you forgot to ask the Scarlet sisters -when- they'd come to pick you up tomorrow. That firmly in mind, you slowly let your eyelids slide shut, the sky tinted red by the setting sun glowing through them for a while longer, before you pass out.
>> No. 92606
File 124977702197.png - (174.93KB , 639x429 , 389659369365365.png ) [iqdb]
92606
...

Naked ice fairies.

Everywhere.

Is this awesome Y/N?

...

-----------

You open your eyes, the morning light instantly making you squint and rub your face tiredly. What the hell have you been dreaming about this time. In any case, you have a major case of morning wood, but at least you feel more-or-less rested. Gradually opening your eyes again, a blurry image appears before you. Red and yellow... And there's a noticeable weight on your stomach.

"Er... Morning, Flan. How'd you get in?" Your vision clears, revealing your blonde vampire friend sitting on you. Normally the thought of someone watching you sleep would be somewhat creepy - how long's she been here anyway? - but it's somehow not as bad when it's a cute girl. You just hope you didn't make and dumb faces. She shoots a happy smile at you in response, eyes instantly brightening when it becomes apparent that you've finally woken up. (Hm, what time is it anyway...)

"Good morning!" Well, waking up to her voice certainly beats the awful noise of that alarm clock - speaking of which, it must be pretty damn early, if it hasn't rung yet. You'd better un-set it once you're out of bed, lest it wake up the entire village. You sit up, prompting Flandre to wiggle herself into your lap... and onto your FFFFFF okay that felt kinda nice but you're going to stand on the floor now young lady. You quickly lift her off yourself, receiving a slight pout in return, and try to conceal your groin so she doesn't get any funny ideas. She didn't notice anything, er, poking her in funny places, did she?

Föamdre stands there, straightening her skirt, humming a tune to herself cheerfully. She's wearing her normal clothes again today, the same ones you saw her in during your first visit to the mansion - wonder if she has any other outfits? Turning her face back to you, she smiles once more.
"Your nice host family let me in. Sis is outside, too - we'll be waiting, okay? No need to hurry though~"
She says 'no need to hurry' right after letting you know they've been waiting for you to get your ass up; what a sweet, innocent girl she really is. Ah well... You check the time - 6:45 AM. Who the hell wakes up this early on a saturday? You unset the clock, take care of basic morning business, and get changed quick - your normal clothes might strike the noble vampire sisters as rather plain, but there's nothing to be done about that. Jeans are a given, but you actually have a small selection of shirts to pick from. [Author holds a mini-vote in IRC] Though there's a temptation to go for the pink one, you decide a dull natural greyish-green tone buttoned shirt would be a more appropriate choice. Hawaiian is, naturally, out of the question.

On your way out, you say good morning to your host family, and make sure to close the door quietly, so as not to wake up the still-sleeping kid. Once outside, you turn around and are greeted by a sight that leaves you all but stunned for a moment. Remilia is leaning against a tree, holding one hand in front of her face to block the sun from her eyes, looking up at a pair of birds chirping to one another on one of the lower branches. She's wearing a simple white sundress, lightly waving in the gentle breeze that blows past you, and a matchingly white wide-brimmed hat, which would probably serve the purpose of keeping the sun from hitting her face whenever she's not looking upwards as she is right now. To top off this unusually informal look for her, she's also wearing a light pair of sandals. How utterly ironic that a vampire could look so perfect in summer clothing. Noticing you, she grins, showing off those fangs of hers, and steps closer.

"Well well - good morning. I trust that you've slept well and gotten properly rested?" Her tone of voice feels like someone's prodding you to get a reaction out of you, but you've learned not to mind it. She seems to be in a good mood today, anyway.
"I hope you don't mind my outfit. While I realize it's not summer anymore, it'd be such a shame not to enjoy this kind of weather while it lasts." And that's exactly why she's wearing a hat that could double as a parasol for three people, isn't it. Still, she looks damn fine.

"So!" Luckily, you're brought out of your little world of thoughts before you can settle yourself in too comfortably.
"It's still relatively early..." Another wicked grin, before a thin finger pokes you in the chest, Remilia's brilliant red eyes burning at yours.
"...and we've got two whole days worth of free time to kill. You want to go to my luxurious mansion right away, or is there something else you wish to do in this quaint little peasant village here, first?"



[] (...)
>> No. 92611
[x]"How about we get some breakfast?"

Gonna need some energy for the day.
>> No. 92613
>"How'd you like it if I touched ya in funny places too, hum!?"
>I'd love it! is what you don't say out loud to her
This update was.... awesome.
>> No. 92614
>Föamdre
How in the...

[X] "How about we get some breakfast?"
>> No. 92615
>>92614
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Right, not typing past 3 AM ever again. Shame spellchecker -always- puts squiggly lines under names so I just ignore 'em.
>> No. 92618
>Hawaiian is, naturally, out of the question.

IRC, naturally, has no style.
>> No. 92620
> gohei* and stuff, right? (TL note: Gohei are wooden wands, decorated with two shide (zigzag paper streamers) used in Shinto rituals.)
>[Author holds a mini-vote in IRC]

First of all, we all knew what a gohei is. Secondly, stop putting note in the middle of the story. If you really think you need to put a note somewhere, do like everybody else and put the notes on the bottom of your post, after the votes, with maybe a line separating it from the update.

Also, if you want to talk with Anon, ask something or hold any kind of vote, do it here; the majority don't go to IRC.

[x]"How about we get some breakfast?"
[x]"And maybe you could show me around? I'm still not familiar with Gensokyo."

Nice story, by the way.
>> No. 92621
>>92614
Well at least in a finnish keyboard "Ö" is right next to "L" so that can happen quite easily.

Oh and
[X] "How about we get some breakfast?"
>> No. 92622
>[Author holds a mini-vote in IRC]

Stop that.

>Though there's a temptation to go for the pink one, you decide a dull natural greyish-green tone buttoned shirt would be a more appropriate choice. Hawaiian is, naturally, out of the question.

God damn it, IRC. What is wrong with you?
>> No. 92624
>>92620
>>92620
1) Was actually a joke aimed at somebody, sorry 'bout that. See >>92221
2) I'll try to stop doing that.
3) It doesn't really affect anything in the story whatsoever, I just couldn't think of anything.

And thanks.
>> No. 92625
File 124978843626.gif - (144.82KB , 800x703 , 56f81a6e5861747e9066cf4e9d5121c5.gif ) [iqdb]
92625
>[Author holds a mini-vote in IRC]

Guess you haven't noticed the active Cease and Deist order on that.
>> No. 92627
File 124979292966.jpg - (32.38KB , 960x540 , 1248886507774.jpg ) [iqdb]
92627
>[Author holds a mini-vote in IRC]
>> No. 92629
>[Author holds a mini-vote in IRC]

Never. Again.
>> No. 92630
[x]"How about we get some breakfast?"
[x]"And maybe you could show me around? I'm still not familiar with Gensokyo."
>> No. 92631
[x]"How about we get some breakfast?"
[x]"And maybe you could show me around? I'm still not familiar with Gensokyo."

Real men wear pink.
>> No. 92633
Republicans : proper healthcare : : Anonymous : IRC
>> No. 92634
File 124980493220.jpg - (189.53KB , 768x576 , 68a0bcab96221033422063a4715fe1476fc5c805.jpg ) [iqdb]
92634
[x] "How about we get some breakfast?"
[x] "And maybe you could show me around? I'm still not familiar with Gensokyo."

>>92631
Pic related.
>> No. 92635
>"...and we've got two whole days worth of free time to kill. You want to go to my luxurious mansion right away, or is there something else you wish to do in this quaint little peasant village here, first?"

[x] "Well, I was waiting for the cigars lit with ten-thousand yen notes, but given it's so early... I propose we strike golf balls off the veranda trying to hit passers-by! You know, see if we can't ruin someone's entire day?"

Always Chaotic Evil
>> No. 92636
[x] "How about we get some breakfast?"
[x] "And maybe you could show me around? I'm still not familiar with Gensokyo."
>> No. 92637
[x]"How about we get some breakfast?"
[x]"And maybe you could show me around? I'm still not familiar with Gensokyo."

sounds good
>> No. 92640
Maybe there's just some detail I'm forgetting, but is anyone else wondering just how is it the Scarlets know what house we're staying at? Did we ever tell or show them the place?

And then there was this from early on:
>>You go for a quick bath before sleep - it's been a hot, exhausting day. Trying to relax, you close your eyes, listening to the cicadas making their "Miii miii miii" noises. Deciding not to worry your head over what's happened too much tonight, you lean your head back. You could almost fall asleep right here, right now...
>>No.
>>Wait.
>>You're being watched. You feel someone's gaze on you, staring intently. In a flash, you open your own eyes, glancing left and right, up and down, but there's nobody else in the room. Nobody up at the little window near the ceiling that provides light for the bathroom, either. Were you just imagining it? Yeah, that has to be it... stress and heat getting to you.

Hmmmmmm...
>> No. 92641
File 124984349622.jpg - (724.56KB , 1200x600 , 75c471ff2374eeec262c587a8f5f269f.jpg ) [iqdb]
92641
Hm. Well, it's still pretty darn early, so there's no real rush - as Remilia said, despite it being an obvious lie as far as it concerns her, it'd be a shame to spend an entire day like this cooped up indoors. The sun isn't quite high enough this early to make the heat unbearable yet, so the temperature outside feels rather pleasant, for a change. Yet, still, one sensation distracts your attention from the weather - your rumbling stomach, alerting you to the fact that you haven't even had anything to eat yet. Apparently it's bad enough to be audible, as Remilia cocks an amused eyebrow at you.

"Well... how about we go get some breakfast? You two did come much earlier than I expected, so I haven't had a chance to eat just yet."

The elder sister shakes her head at you with a soft sigh, before extending her index finger upwards with one of her typical smirks.
"Welllll, I was going to have you properly fed back at the mansion in any case. However! If you are, indeed, as hungry as you sound, then I suppose it can't be helped. Hm, now where in this little village could we find some proper sustenance..." Pressing her finger against her lower lip as she is known to do whenever she ponders something, she walks circles around you, eyebrows slightly furrowed. Hm, she smells particularly nice today, somehow. You have half a mind to invite them to eat at your place, but decide that'd be a bad idea for a multitude of reasons. Instead, you remain quiet until she stops, right in front of you, a wide grin spreading across her face as an idea dawns upon her.
"I think I know where we can get something to eat. It's a bit of a walk from the village though - is that alright with you?"

"Well, sure. I was hoping you'd be able to show me around a bit, anyway - I'm still not that familiar with Gensokyo."
A mildly annoyed frown is what you get in response.

"You've been here for a week now and you still don't know your way around? What a bothersome fellow you are... Oh well, I suppose things would be rather dull around here for me, if I didn't have a helpless guy like you to lead around by a leash~" What an image that is... Remilia directs you to what looks like a criss-cross of slightly overgrown animal trails headed from towards the east, into the mountains, passing through a more thin segment of the forest which surrounds the village. Still, it certainly doesn't look like a path you'd like to take a stroll down alone, or at night. Good thing you've got a pair of fairly competent-seeming guides.

Or, at least one - Flandre is holding onto your hand and seemingly drawn back into her shy and nervous persona, glancing left and right skittishly; looks like this path is as new to her as it is for you. You find yourself wondering how little the poor girl gets out of the mansion, anyway... At times it almost seems as if she knows as little about Gensokyo as a whole as you do, and you only just got here last weekend. Remilia, on the other hand, is walking in front of you with a confident stride, gracefully hopping across dirt mounds and small slopes on the definitely not man-made path, occasionally warning you and Flandre about tree roots or rocks you could otherwise trip upon. Whereever she's taking you, she probably visits the place regularly. It's a little surprising that she knows the way on foot this well, though.

"This is part of the Forest of Magic. Not really a place you'd want to get lost in past sunset, trust me... Apparitions stalk the night." Thinking back on what she just said, she flashes a smile behind herself, towards you.
"That is, dangerous animals and the like tend to attack humans in the dark, you understand." Yeah, it looks like Patchouli neglected to inform them that you know everything now. What they are, what this place is, what goes on in this land. Well, to be perfectly honest, you don't understand most of it - perhaps you never will. Still, something tells you it'd be a good idea to keep up the oblivious facade for just a bit longer. While the first-graders seem to not understand the concept of unknowing outsiders too well, the more mature and/or civilized youkai seem to be treating you differently because of it. Perhaps this grants you a modicum of safety while it lasts.

"Don't some people live here, though?" You think back on your visit to Kourindou, and the brief chat you had with the caretaker of the shop.

"Hmm? Oh, sure. There's people living all over Gensokyo, not just in the village. They're usually, ah, experienced enough to survive in the wild, though. Or just annoying enough that the local beasts leave them well enough alone... Like that Kirisame girl." That name is spat out with venomous undertones in her voice; looks like she doesn't get along well with that Marisa girl. Granted, she did strike you as not exactly the most polite person you've ever seen, but it's not like you've ever spoken with her, so you can't be quite sure whether this is because of something that's happened between the two, or if Marisa is just a jerk.

"There's also the doll-maker. She's a bit of an aloof, cold person. You wouldn't like her. Then there's... Well, some of the first-y-..." She hesitates. "You know, nevermind that for now. Just keep in mind these people have what it takes to survive in the forest. Most people don't. Especially an outsider, such as yourself." She sends a peek over her shoulder from the corner of an eye, looking at you for a moment.
"...No offense meant, naturally."

"Naturally. If I may ask, where are we going? It looks like we're almost through the forest by now..."

"Oh, it's not far now. We're going to visit a friend of mine - an our classmate. She's always been willing to entertain me when I come for a visit, and should be able to feed you, too." Somehow, it feels rather imposing to go visit someone else's home randomly like this, with the goal to pester them for breakfast. Oh well, Remilia would probably know best, wouldn't she... Soon enough, the trail begins to become more neat, easier to walk upon. The trees clear up, giving way to a wide open field more resembling a savanna, or whatever you're meant to call it.
Flandre lets go of your hand, marvelling over the sight - it's really nice to look at, tall grass stretching as far as the eye can see, a thin line of forest visible on the horizon seperating the green from the clear blue sky, not a cloud visible anywhere. Up ahead, on the foothills of a small mountain, is what appears to be a small, run-down looking Shinto shrine. Remilia smiles softly upon catching sight of it, quickening her steps and prompting you to follow her tempo, calling to Flandre who seems to have stopped to enjoy the atmosphere; she catches up almost immediately. Speed must be another vampire trait...

"Welcome to the Hakurei Shrine." You make it to the torii in front of the shrine complex itself, and Remilia guides you onwards to the building in front of you.
"Don't forget to take off your shoes when you enter, the shrine maiden doesn't take kindly to rude guests." Stifling a chuckle, she heads right in, not even as much as announcing her presence. You decide to follow her inside, removing your footwear as you were instructed. On the inside, it looks more like a small house, but you recall that the main building of a Shinto shrine is normally in the rear of the shrine complex, and is closed from public access. Then, this building must house the shrine maiden who maintains the shrine itself. In any case, Flandre follows you closely behind, not making a noise as she walks across the floor in her socks.

The living conditions are rather... well, 'poor' is the one word that comes to mind immediately. Hardly any furniture aside from the bare minimum for survival, only a few rooms. Granted, if only a single shrine maiden ever lives here, then there's hardly a need for many rooms; you can't imagine anyone else would want to come out here to the middle of nowhere for whatever reason, so there's probably no purpose for a guest room, either. Not a single sign of life is present, aside from Remilia gliding from here to there randomly, and...
>> No. 92642
File 124984353997.jpg - (428.05KB , 800x1122 , cea21fde7a7cff4a5b4065a6bf5967ec.jpg ) [iqdb]
92642
"Hey. The offertory box is outside - you're trespassing in here, you know." A familiar female voice calls out to you from behind. Hey, where did Flandre go? Gah, you're alone with whoever it is... Oh well, running would be an utterly stupid action about now, so it'd be better to simply turn around and apologize.
Before you, the young girl you bumped into on your first day is standing, dressed in that weird shrine maiden outfit. Now that you get a good look at her, it really does look unusual - in place of the more traditional kimono shirt and hakama, she's wearing a red skirt and top, as well as a pair of detached white sleeves which expose her armpits - you have no idea how she keeps those from sliding off.
"So. What business do you have in my shrine? Have you come to donate, perhaps?" A very suspicious glimmer of hope is noticeable within her otherwise annoyed tone of voice. Suddenly, she takes several steps closer and leans in, practically in your face.
"...Oh. You're that guy, from school." Her dark eyes scan you from top to bottom quickly, and her brows furrow; she seems frustrated. "Hm... At first I thought you smelled like a typical outsider, but something seems off." Smelled?
"Something... Unusual, for an outsider. Hm, I wonder. Could you be a yo-..."

"Yo, Reimu!" A jarringly informal greeting rings out from behind you, as Remilia bounces her way into the room, pretty much tacklehugging the taller Reimu and rubbing her head into the miko's chest, provoking a rather awkward facial expression and interrupting whatever it was she was about to say.

"Oh, it's you."

"Tsk, is that any way to greet a friend? Come come, Reimu, sweetheart, do show us some of that famous Hakurei hospitality~" The shrine maiden pries the clingy vampire off her chest, and gives off an exasperated sigh.

"Now you're just making things up. Oh, fine, fine, I suppose it's been a while since your last visit... Tea?"

"Tea and a meal, thank you very much."
She kneels at a small table in the middle of the room, looking rather content with herself, a sly smirk on her face.

"Do you think you're at a restaurant or café!? I can barely afford to feed myself."

"But Reimuu-uu~. The poor boy here hasn't even had breakfast today - open your heart, find your hidden altruistic self!"

"Such a thing does not exist."

"Awh... And I was actually considering making a respectable donation to the shrine, too..." Upon Remilia saying this, Reimu's eyes widen noticeably, her jaw dropping and arms trembling. She clenches her fists.

"...Well, maybe I have been a little unhospitable. Fine. Sit down, I'll see what I can scrape together..."

Remilia flashes a wicked grin towards the miko as she leaves the room. "If I made your shrine seem like a restaurant, then that makes you the waitress. Consider it a tip for your services..."

A shout from the next room, presumably serving as a kitchen: "Hah! In that case I'd make you pay full price for the meal, too."

After this little scene has played out, you kneel down on the opposite side of the table, leaning closer and whispering to Remilia: "...Are you sure this girl is your friend?"

"Oh, but of course! We're like this all the time. You should have seen us the first time we met, ahaha~" Somehow, you doubt you'd actually want to see something like that, lest you risk losing your head. Flandre wanders into the room, her completely oblivious smile showing that she missed the scene just now; she sits down next you, slightly closer than what you'd be comfortable with if it had been any other person.

"This house is pretty! Your friend lives here, sis?"

Remilia, distracting herself by examining her red-painted fingernails for blemishes, turns to her sister, one eyebrow raised and the other furrowed.
"Hm? Flan, darling, you remember Reimu, don't you? She's even in our class in school, even though the silly girl has been such a stranger lately..." She giggles to herself, while her sister stares into the ceiling with a pensive look on her face, struggling to piece together name and face. As if to ease her efforts, Reimu finally returns to the room, carrying three dishes just like a waitress would, and promptly scowls upon laying eyes on Flandre. However, what she says next is different from what you expected.

"Hmph. You should've told me you had your sister with you, now I have to go back and prepare a fourth dish for myself." Remilia dismisses her complaints with a flick of the wrist.

"Don't be silly, sweetheart, Flan would simply end up poking at it with a fork all morning; she has a special diet that we handle back at the mansion. Besides, Sakuya already fed you when she woke you up, didn't she, Flan?" The blonde vampire nods quietly, in an overly respectful manner towards her sister's authority, as if answering to a heararchical superior; in contrast, Reimu makes another awkward face, as someone who can't be bothered to wrap their mind around what they're hearing would.

"Special diet? Well, if you say so; as long as she doesn't end up starving while she watches us eat." It takes her one or two more trips to the kitchen and bac to serve the tea and some rather modest servings of steamed rice and miso soup. While eating, you can't help but notice how obviously Reimu is trying her hardest to ignore it whenever Remilia adds that red stuff to her food; she has it in a flask, today, though you have no idea where she's been keeping it so far. She even pulls out a napkin from somewhere, her initials sown into the cloth suggesting she brought it along from home. In contrast to her slow and ladylike method of eating, Reimu makes no effort to exercise proper table manners, gobbling her food down like a starving hobo in a five-star restaurant. You take the middle path, eating like - well, like a normal person. It doesn't taste bad by any means, either. There's some idle chit-chat about things you don't really understand between Remilia and Reimu during the meal, the latter often speaking with her mouth full, much to the chagrin of the noble vampire lady. Flandre simply watches quietly, fiddling her thumbs together; it makes you feel a little sad, really, so you share some of your food with her, which she seems delighted to accept, more for the interaction than out of hunger.

After the meal, Remilia declares it's time to move on, and bids goodbye to Reimu, sneaking in one last glomp before skipping off, slipping on her sandals and dashing out of the building. Flandre curtsies politely and mumbles a quiet thank-you for being a gracious host, which sounds completely rehearsed, before following her sister. You just say goodbye yourself, but before you can go after them, Reimu pokes you in the shoulder, prompting you to turn back to her.

"Hey. You really an outsider, then?"

"Well. Yeah, I guess I am. I hope to change that, though."

"Don't they all... Look, you have any trouble around here, you come to me, okay? If nothing else, I should at least be able to answer questions for you - my family's been overseeing the goings-on in Gensokyo for generations now." She pauses to think for a moment. "Just don't bother me on weekends, mondays, fridays, or in the middle of the week."



[] Thank her for everything and head after the sisters.
-{} Straight to the mansion, now.
-{} Ask Remilia to show you around some more.
--{} (Anywhere in particular that you want to go?)
[] "Actually..." (Ask Reimu about anything?)
>> No. 92643
[x] Thank her for everything and head after the sisters.
-{x} Ask Remilia to show you around some more.
[x]She seems to know some nature trails. Does she have a favorite spot or know a place with a good view?
>> No. 92644
[X] Thank her for everything and head after the sisters.
- {x} Ask Remilia to show you around some more.
-- {x}She seems to know some nature trails. Does she have a favorite spot or know a place with a good view?
>> No. 92645
[] Thank her for everything and head after the sisters.
-{X} Ask Remilia to show you around some more.
--{X} "Anywhere with a nice view before we go?" (since I doubt we can go too far or too into a dangerous area)
>> No. 92647
[x] "Actually, I find it's best to not ask too many questions, especially when you may not be prepared for the answers. And sometimes playing dumb is the smart thing to do."
[x] Thank her for everything and head after the sisters.
-{x} Ask Remilia to show you around some more.
--{x}She seems to know some nature trails. Does she have a favorite spot or know a place with a good view?
>> No. 92648
[x] "Actually, I find it's best to not ask too many questions, especially when you may not be prepared for the answers. And sometimes playing dumb is the smart thing to do."
[x] Thank her for everything and head after the sisters.
-{x} Ask Remilia to show you around some more.
--{x}She seems to know some nature trails. Does she have a favorite spot or know a place with a good view?
>> No. 92651
[x] Thank her for everything and head after the sisters.
-{x} Ask Remilia to show you around some more.
[x]She seems to know some nature trails. Does she have a favorite spot or know a place with a good view?
>> No. 92652
[x] "Actually, I find it's best to not ask too many questions, especially when you may not be prepared for the answers. And sometimes playing dumb is the smart thing to do."
[x] Thank her for everything and head after the sisters.
-{x} Ask Remilia to show you around some more.
--{x}She seems to know some nature trails. Does she have a favorite spot or know a place with a good view?

You impress me, Anonymous.
>> No. 92653
[x] "Actually, I find it's best to not ask too many questions, especially when you may not be prepared for the answers. And sometimes playing dumb is the smart thing to do."
[x] Thank her for everything and head after the sisters.
-{x} Ask Remilia to show you around some more.
--{x}She seems to know some nature trails. Does she have a favorite spot or know a place with a good view?

>"Just don't bother me on weekends, mondays, fridays, or in the middle of the week."
>gobbling her food down like a starving hobo in a five-star restaurant
I just love your humor Taisa. There are many more such things, but i don't want to spam here.
>> No. 92654
[x] "Actually, I find it's best to not ask too many questions, especially when you may not be prepared for the answers. And sometimes playing dumb is the smart thing to do."
[x] Thank her for everything and head after the sisters.
-{x} Ask Remilia to show you around some more.
--{x}She seems to know some nature trails. Does she have a favorite spot or know a place with a good view?
>> No. 92656
I've been thinking and, perhaps its best to keep the clueless charade around Remilia until she trusts us enough to tell us herself? Then we can just admit we knew it already, thus ribbing her once more.

What is anon's plan on the subject?
>> No. 92658
>>92656
Yes to the first, No to the second. Playing dumb and feinging ignorance is not hard for him, just behave like in the beginning.
The best would be to just wait until Remilia herself is ready to say it herself.

Just out of curiosity, who are we aiming for?
>> No. 92659
[x] Thank her for everything and head after the sisters.
-[x] Ask Remilia to show you around some more.
-[x]She seems to know some nature trails. Does she have a favorite spot or know a place with a good view?
>> No. 92661
>>92656
>I've been thinking and, perhaps its best to keep the clueless charade around Remilia until she trusts us enough to tell us herself? Then we can just admit we knew it already, thus ribbing her once more.

That is the plan, I think. But the point of admitting it wouldn't be to embarrass her, but to impress her.

Of course, there's added survival value of feigning ignorance. We don't want her to overestimate our capabilities; otherwise, she might put less effort into keeping us alive.

At the least, it must wait until we've leveled up our telekinesis a bit.
>> No. 92662
[x] "Actually, I find it's best to not ask too many questions, especially when you may not be prepared for the answers. And sometimes playing dumb is the smart thing to do."
[x] Thank her for everything and head after the sisters.
-{x} Ask Remilia to show you around some more.
--{x}She seems to know some nature trails. Does she have a favorite spot or know a place with a good view?
>> No. 92663
>>92658
>Just out of curiosity, who are we aiming for?

There is no target, but we have specific responsibilities toward Flandre, so it would be dangerous to favor another girl over her.
>> No. 92664
>>92663

Unless it were her sister, amirite?
>> No. 92668
>>92663
Taisa wrote the first Sakuya that doesn't behave like a bitch and is very likeable and it seems that some guys have qualms to do some naughty things to Flandre.
>> No. 92669
>>92668

>Taisa wrote the first Sakuya that doesn't behave like a bitch and is very likeable

BZZZZT!

PrincessTepes did it first.
>> No. 92670
>>92668

More than many I think that's why there's no Flandre routes, because such a notion would be dirty in stories where the lead is in his early 20s.

But this might have a feasible Flandre route, considering how the seeming mental age gap is closed closer by the school (And the lead's about 16)

Also I think Fanon likes to play up the cold dedicated 'perfect' maid side a bit much. Sure she may be like that in battle, but outside she'd be more laid back and ditzy.

And the Sakuya in SDM:LA Hacked modo wasn't that bad. Though I'd say Princess Tepes was the first to do the completely nice Sakuya, also a not so perfect one.
>> No. 92671
>>92669
>>92670
>PrincessTepes did it first.
I must say, i haven't read it yet, so i can't say anything about it.
Just thought it was a welcome alternative that Sakuya is human and nice in a story for once so i would like to see more of her in the future.
That would pretty much leave Remilia for the moment, but she has a feeling of a generic tsundere to me since some time now. She kind of changed since the time she showed her trophies room and got made fun of.
>> No. 92673
[x] Thank her for everything and head after the sisters.
-[x] Donate.
-[x] Ask Remilia to show you around some more.
-[x] She seems to know some nature trails. Does she have a favorite spot or know a place with a good view?
>> No. 92674
[x] "Actually, I find it's best to not ask too many questions, especially when you may not be prepared for the answers. And sometimes playing dumb is the smart thing to do."
[x] Thank her for everything and head after the sisters.
-{x} Ask Remilia to show you around some more.
--{x}She seems to know some nature trails. Does she have a favorite spot or know a place with a good view?
>> No. 92698
File 124988115812.jpg - (116.90KB , 800x600 , 2545359.jpg ) [iqdb]
92698
>>92668>>92669
Both wrong. Scarlet Horizon by server anon had the first likeable Sakuya. She was even the love interest until it sort of ended and/or went on hiatus or something, it's still tied in with his other 2 stories so it's kind of complicated.
>> No. 92704
>>92698

>She was even the love interest until it sort of ended

I remember it being Patchy who was the love interest considering how much time we spend around her. Even asking her if we could hold her hand while we rested.
>> No. 92736
>>92704

It was pretty close between them.
At the end of Scarlet Horizon, the relationship level for both Sakuya and Patchouli was listed as "A" rank. I think Koakuma's was, too.

Too bad there will never be a continuation.
...I just made myself sad ;_;
>> No. 92741
>>92698
True.
Server Anon wrote the first incarnation of Sakuya who I thought was actually kind of cool. Tepes did the first not-so-perfect Sakuya. Owen wrote a pretty good insane-or-close-to-it Sakuya, and HY did a pretty good villain-Sakuya.
>> No. 92743
[x] Thank her for everything and head after the sisters.
-[x] Donate.
-[x] Ask Remilia to show you around some more.
-[x] She seems to know some nature trails. Does she have a favorite spot or know a place with a good view?
>> No. 92744
>>HY did a pretty good villain-Sakuya.

I think "antagonistic" would be a more accurate way to put it. She wasn't exactly outright evil so much as just severely misguided, as I recall.
>> No. 92746
>>92744

Yeah she had good intentions, but very flawed execution. Perhaps as a result of being the mother figure in the mansion and figuring order was important above all else. Ironically the SDM in HY's story was akin to Eientei before it revealed itself: Unchanging.
>> No. 92747
File 124993971311.jpg - (200.21KB , 535x621 , a7cd38de250297932b9ccab1d1b4111e.jpg ) [iqdb]
92747
>[x] Donate.
Oh you.

-------------

"Actually, I find it's best to not ask too many questions, especially when you may not be prepared for the answers." You're probably trying to sound wise beyond your years by saying something like that, but the truth is that this is honestly what you believe; the initial shock of finding out you're living in some sort of fairy-tale land was already almost enough to seriously shake your sanity; perhaps you could use a short break between revelations, get used to the fact that your new best friends are freakin' vampires, and so on. Also, save your nerves for 'training' with Patchouli later, maybe.
"...And sometimes playing dumb is the smart thing to do." Reimu cocks an eyebrow at you quizzically, before shaking her head in resignation.

"Well, do what you want. I'm busy anyway, got myself an incident to investigate..."

"Incident?"

"What, haven't you noticed the recent heat wave sizzling off your eyebrows? Honestly... Now get lost, you're keeping your escorts waiting." You thank Reimu for her hospitality (which she shrugs off) and do as you're told, heading back to Remilia and her sister; when you arrive outside, you briefly overhear them talking to each other in a hushed tone, apparently in French. They immediately cease this as you make yourself visible, leaving a somewhat awkward silence in the air as you trade stares. It takes a light cough from you to break the atmosphere, prompting Remilia to run over to you, quickly working a smile onto her face.

"Haha, took you long enough. We had gotten worried you'd changed your mind and decided to stay with the shrine maiden instead~" Flandre tails in her sister's shadow as usual, strangely quiet all of a sudden; were they talking about you? If only you could understand French...

"Don't be silly. I was just saying goodbye, that's all."

"Is that so~?" It really is impossible to tell whether she's genuinely cheerful or putting on an act, at times like this, thought Flandre behaving suspiciously is giving it away... whatever 'it' might be. You decide not to snoop for now.
"Hmm, so... Where to now? Still want to poke around a bit, or do we head for my private little island for a weekend of rest and relaxation from the drudgery of school life?"

"Well, I was wondering... You seem to have an uncanny knowledge of nature trails and the like. You do a lot of hiking or something?" She chuckles softly in response.

"Not exactly. Too much sun isn't good for me." Uh-huh...

"Well, do you have a... I don't know... some sort of favorite spot you like to go to? Or know a place with a good view?" You haven't doodled anything in ages... The right side of your brain isn't being put to proper use, and it's starting to frustrate you. And what better way to relax than a quick, casual drawing of a beautiful landscape? For all its flaws and quirks, Gensokyo may take pride in its nature - the forests, the rivers... even the picturesque village in the middle of the land and the majestic mansion on the lake have grown to become a harmonious addition to the landscape. All you need is some place with a good view, your sketchbook, and your pencil... No, that would be insulting, you'd need more proper tools to capture something so magnificent.

You know, now that you look at Gensokyo this way, you could get used to living here. If only it weren't a constant death risk and all. All of a sudden, Remilia's highly articulate voice pulls you out of your daze: "A favorite spot? Maybe, maybe not... maybe I'll tell you another day, when I can trust you with such secrets, hmmm~?" She goes into her typical pensive pose for a brief moment, once again walking circles around you; this seems to amuse Flandre, who joins her sister in circling you like some sort of totem pole. You're getting dizzy. Finally, Remi stops abruptly, the younger sister bumping into her back in surprise and falling on her rear softly.
"There's no better view in Gensokyo than from the top of the Scarlet Devil Mansion clock tower. Except maybe... the top of Youkai Mountain." She cackles to herself momentarily, as if she had said something particularly amusing just now. "But, you hardly look the type to spontaneously go mountain climbing! The tower will have to do... And I can show you along another path towards the mansion, if you're interested in that sort of thing." You are, and you nod, although before following Remilia into the woods again, you help Flandre stand up - although she probably hardly needs a flimsy human helping her up, it only feels like the right thing to do; the look on her suddenly-cheerful-again face alone is worth it.

Remilia leads the two of you down another path between the trees resembling an animal trail or somesuch; or, to put it more accurately, she's leading you, and you're carrying Flandre on your shoulders again, as you did back when you visited the mansion the other day. Naturally, you're careful not to have her hit any branches while she's up there - she's so preoccupied with enjoying the ride that she couldn't possibly avoid them, herself. Suddenly, the lightweight blonde vampire on your back (there's a phrase you never thought you'd run through your head, ever) slides herself down off your shoulders, onto your back into a piggyback position, wrapping her arms around your neck lightly, and speaking softly into your ear.
"This is fun... I've never been out this far from the mansion before. Can we go out and play more often?"

Poor girl... She almost makes it sound as if her sister's kept her locked up in the house until recently, or something silly like that.
"Sure. Any time." Your answer makes her emit a quiet, satisfied noise, rubbing her cheek against your back lightly. Oh god, you almost stumble right then and there. Best to distract yourself with conversation so you can at least remain upright...
"So, Remilia, I was wondering... Why are the two of you being so, ah, benevolent, anyway? Not that I'm complaining, but..."

"Hmm... Who knows. Maybe at first I simply wanted to fool around, have some fun with you, and you grew on me. Or maybe I was bored, and was looking for something unusual to entertain myself with; an outsider like yourself would suffice just nicely~" You can't tell if that was meant as a compliment or something else.
"Or maybe I was tired of mostly keeping to myself and my sister - I haven't made a friend in the traditional way in a long time; that is to say, without bruises and property damage. Haha!" Despite the laugh, she's probably serious - just what happened between her and Reimu the first time they met, you wonder? Maybe some day she'll be able to tell you, but for now you'd rather have her think of you as the unknowing outsider you've been from the beginning.
"Or maybe... Hm. I honestly don't know anymore! Well, what do you think it is? They say a third person view is often the most accurate; 'you are your own worst judge of character' and such sayings, no?" The trees clear up, the Scarlet Lake in full view not far up ahead, yet your view is blocked by Remilia and her wide-brimmed hat stepping in front of you, casually backpedaling at your tempo with perfect balance, a sly smirk on her expectant face - what, she really wants you to answer her? At least she's being nice about it.

You ponder an answer as a sleeping Flandre drools on your back just a tiny bit...



[] "I think you were looking for a laugh. The fact that you're still hanging out with me must mean I still amuse you - in which case, I'm glad."
[] "I think you were bored. I'd just hope I'm interesting enough to keep around as a friend for a while longer."
[] "I think it's good to spontaneously make friends sometimes. Especially in a non-violent manner..."
[] "Maybe you just like me more than you'd like to admit?" Flash a brilliant grin.
[] "It doesn't matter. Whatever the reason, I'm just happy to have become friends with the two of you."
[] (Custom)
>> No. 92748
[X] "Maybe you just like me more than you'd like to admit?" Flash a brilliant grin.

With our suave and debonair demeanor, no young lady could possibly resist us.
>> No. 92749
[BONK] "Maybe you just like me more than you'd like to admit?" Flash a brilliant grin.
>> No. 92750
[x] "Maybe you just like me more than you'd like to admit?" Flash a brilliant grin.
>> No. 92754
[] "Maybe you just like me more than you'd like to admit?" Flash a brilliant grin.
[] "It doesn't matter. Whatever the reason, I'm just happy to have become friends with the two of you."
>> No. 92756
[X] "Maybe you just like me more than you'd like to admit?" Flash a brilliant grin.

She can't hurt us with Flan on our back.
>> No. 92758
[X] "Maybe you just like me more than you'd like to admit?" Flash a brilliant grin.
>> No. 92759
>If only you could understand French...
But wait, The Mansion has a big library, surely we can spend a bit of time to learn some french. With the help of Patchy of course, she may know a book or learn french in a day or two. I am sure it will come in handy in the near future if we aim for sisters.

[X] "Maybe you just like me more than you'd like to admit?" Flash a brilliant grin.
>> No. 92762
>>92759
>becoming fluent in a foreign language within two days

Don't be stupid.
>> No. 92764
>>92756

Not PHYSICALLY, no...but this is REMILIA, she doesn't NEED her unholy strength, stamina, and who-knows-what-else she's got her sleeve.

To paraphrase Frank Herbert:

She could destroy you...with a WORD.

[X] "Maybe you just like me more than you'd like to admit?" Flash a brilliant grin.
>> No. 92765
[X] "Maybe you just like me more than you'd like to admit?" Flash a brilliant grin.
>> No. 92768
>>92750
I'd like to add:

[x] "But that's ok, I like you girls too."

To go for the good 'ol one-two.
>> No. 92769
[ze] "Maybe you just like me more than you'd like to admit?" Flash a brilliant grin.
>> No. 92784
[X] "Maybe you just like me more than you'd like to admit?" Flash a brilliant grin.
[x] "But that's ok, I like you girls too."
>> No. 92785
[x] "Maybe you just like me more than you'd like to admit?" Flash a brilliant grin.
>> No. 92788
[x] "Maybe you just like me more than you'd like to admit?" Flash a brilliant grin.
>> No. 92789
>>"Hmm... Who knows. Maybe at first I simply wanted to fool around, have some fun with you, and you grew on me. Or maybe I was bored, and was looking for something unusual to entertain myself with; an outsider like yourself would suffice just nicely~"

OBJECTION!

When she approached us, didn't she say it was because she wanted a friend for her sister?

[x] "Oh? I thought you first talked to me for your sister's sake. So, it was you that was interested in me?"
[X] "Maybe you just like me more than you'd like to admit?" Flash a brilliant grin.

Teasing Remilia~
Don't take it too far, though. Better to not repeat the scene from the other day.
>> No. 92791
[x] "Oh? I thought you first talked to me for your sister's sake. So, it was you that was interested in me?"
[X] "Maybe you just like me more than you'd like to admit?" Flash a brilliant grin.

Brilliant deduction.
>> No. 92792
[x] "Oh? I thought you first talked to me for your sister's sake. So, it was you that was interested in me?"
[x] "Maybe you just like me more than you'd like to admit?" Flash a brilliant grin.
What >>92789 said.
>> No. 92793
Hum hum hum. Well, I'm home, and every vote seems to be in favor of poking some innocent fun at Remilia; now what do I do about the two little write-ins? Bake 'em in?
>> No. 92794
>>92793

shake

and

bake
>> No. 92795
>>92793

Don't forget your oven mits~
>> No. 92796
>poking some innocent fun at Remilia
oh shit, she doesn't get jokes
>> No. 92797
>>92795

Or the chocolate chips. Maybe even put in blueberrys in the mix.
>> No. 92812
File 125002585890.jpg - (269.60KB , 872x835 , de8ea850c01acbbffd4ad1d85c14102ac66de2ab.jpg ) [iqdb]
92812
"Wait just one second..." She's saying you grew on her? "I thought you first talked to me for your sister's sake. So, it was you that was interested in me?" You're not entirely sure what you're expecting from this, aside from maybe Remilia turning red in the face, looking away and saying something along the lines of 'I-it's not that I like you or anything, you idiot...'

Instead, the smirk on her face spreads just a little bit wider, as she tilts her head at you curiously. "And just what, exactly, would you be getting at, asking me such a thing? Hmmm~?" You simply flash your best grin at her, taking great pride in your dental health as you do so.

"Maybe you just like me more than you'd like to admit?" Resisting the temptation to add on a tacky wink, you wait for her response while Flandre shuffles lightly on your back, shifting her weight into a more comfortable position and continuing to breathe softly, still fast asleep.

She... snorts. Then blurts out a muffled giggle, before clutching her stomach and laughing out loud, barely avoiding falling over on her backside: "Ah-hahahahahahaaa! Oh, oh, this is just fan-tas-tic! Are you- are you- ar-ah-hahahahahaaa!" Was it really that funny?
"Oh, ohoho, oh... Ahh, how can I NOT like you when you're like this!?" You blink your eyes, and she's in your face; since you're leaning down slightly while carrying Flandre, your faces are the same height, and with your arms occupied with holding the younger sister up, you can't stop Remilia from ever-so-gently placing her hands on the sides of your face, pulling you closer, closer... Close enough that your vision of her nearly blurs.
"You're right, I do like you..." You can't help but notice her baring her fangs and leaning a little to the side ohshitohshitohshit she's breathing on your neck.
"...because you look kind of tasty~" A soft whisper into your ear, like a gentle breeze against your skin. She can't mean what you fear she means, right? After all, she thinks you don't know... Goddamnit, being this close to a girl should feel good, not pants-crappingly terrifying!
"But you're right." Pulling away, she smiles at you in a sincere, friendly manner - catching you off guard, to be honest. Remilia lifts her gaze off your eyes, looking up at Flandre still napping on your back.
"I did approach you because I wanted a friend for my sister. And I'm honestly glad that I apparently didn't misjudge you. She talks about you at home, you know - I'd wager you're half the reason she wants to keep coming to school. I have to thank you for keeping a smile on her face, because I..." A short pause, as you walk alongside her silently, towards the up-ahead lake. After a few seconds, she simply chuckles loudly to herself.
"Well, in any case, I've always prided myself in my ability to judge the character of a person! I'm certainly happy you didn't turn out to be the exception! Oh, and it looks like we're here already."

"Here?" You look up ahead, and all you see is lake. Wait, no, there's something in the water near the shore, close to you - a small boat, and a person, waving. It's the red-headed gate guard, wearing what she was the last time you saw her, and looking much more awake, too. What was her name, again? Her face takes on a somewhat surprised appearance upon noticing you carrying Flandre, but her attention is immediately demanded by Remilia's commanding tone: "China, good to see you. Just on time - how unusually punctual of you! Maybe I won't give you that paycut after all... Well then! Shall we get going then?"

"Going?" You stare at the boat dumbly for a moment, before realizing what she's prepared for your sake - a way onto the island that doesn't involve flying. A very touching gesture, but...
"Are you sure this will hold four people?"
The boat, while looking very nice, is a little small for your tastes.

"Naturally! Or do you mean to imply that my sister and I are heavy enough to make you worry?" Hands on her hips, she makes a threatening voice towards you, yet the glare on her face is just too comical and cute to be serious. You chuckle at her, shaking your head, and she responds with both a smirk and a firm nod.
"Alright then, onwards!" With that triumphant battlecry, the elder sister leaps into the boat, her weight barely rocking it at all. 'China' bows at you graciously, apparently waiting for you and the girl you're carrying to climb on board, too. You take care in gently placing Flandre next to her sister - waking her up in the process once her arms slip off you - and climb in yourself, followed by the gate guard who promptly grabs a pair of oars.

"Mmm... What's going on..?" Flandre yawns softly, rubbing her eyes and looking about, dazed and confused, although a light smile finds its way to her face when she sees you sitting close by.
"Where are we going? What's this?" Eyes wide with curiosity, she examines the boat as if it were some sort of magical creature of unknown origin."

"Flan, darling, this is a boat. You've never been on a boat ride, have you?" Flandre eagerly shakes her head in reply to her sister, sidetail swishing through the air. She certainly has some odd holes in her knowledge of the world... In any case, 'China' inserts the blades of the oars into the water, and leans back - hard. The boat propels forward as if it had been fired as a torpedo, and you barely manage to avoid falling out by grabbing onto the sides. Jesus shit. In contrast to you, Remilia maintains her composure perfectly, still sitting in her place calmly, arms and legs crossed; next to her, Flandre is squealing with joy, seemingly enjoying this death trap of a boat ride. You're so going to drown today.
"China, do slow down. You'll make the poor boy seasick."

"M-my apologies, mistress!" The gate guard starts rowing more like a normal human being (which she apparently isn't, to be able to row a boat like that), and the ride actually becomes rather enjoyable, save for your thoughts of what sort of fish there could be in a lake in Gensokyo. Probably man-eating sharks in the shape of little girls; you make a mental note not to go for a swim anywhere around here, ever.
"Mistress, I can't help but notice how unusual of you it is to choose such a slow way of getting across the lake; usually you'd just fLYEOWCH!"
A slender leg darts out from beneath Remilia's sundress, kicking 'China' in the shin rather painfully. Looks like someone wasn't informed that you're not to be exposed to supernatural phenomena; honestly, how much longer can they hope to keep this charade up?

Well, however long it takes, it should be pretty amusing. Maybe you can even impress Remilia, whenever you finally choose inform her that you've known all along, and still remained friends with her and her sister. Speaking of whom... It occurs to you that you don't quite know everything about Flandre. Sure, she's a vampire, just like Remilia, but everyone seems to fear her much more, despite her innocent and childish demeanor. Well, everyone except Cirno, but she's hardly sensible about most things. Maybe there's more to Flan than meets the eye... Those wings certainly are peculiar. Moreso than the concept of having wings in the first place, that is - at least Remilia's look like proper bat wings.

The moment you ponder starting a conversation of some sort to break the silence, the boat hits the shore of the island with a light thump.
"Welcome to the Scarlet Devil Port! Thank you for using Meiling Sealines!"

"Oh be quiet, you." Remilia leaps out of the boat with all the style and grace of a lazy housecat, not even rocking the boat as she does so; Flandre follows close behind, climbing out and having minor difficulties reaching her legs to dry land; you end up having to help left her to the ground, which feels incredibly silly considering she can probably fly. After you exit the boat, a green blur rushes past you, and Meiling - you assume that's her real name - is sitting on a stool by the mansion gate again.
>> No. 92813
File 125002588368.png - (903.15KB , 1000x1057 , c62481700175685263be939d36b29f40df5cad23.png ) [iqdb]
92813
"Hello, China. Have there been any intruders today?" Remilia cracks a light smile, glaring at the poor overworked Meiling.

"None that I am aware of, milady!" She stands into a rigid salute, suddenly very enthusiastic.

"And the ones you are not aware of are presently ransacking my property, I'd assume?"

"Th-that's not what I..."

"Yes, yes, of course it isn't. Oh well... you did good today. Now, let us in, will you? I'm sure the young man here has little interest in the outer grounds of the mansion..."

"Y-yes, mistress! At once, milady!" A second time now, the large, unwelcoming metal gate swings open before you, not emitting a single creak - apparently its maintenance is most exemplary. You find yourself wondering whether Sakuya takes care of such things herself, as well; most of the other servants here have a distinctly incompetent air to them. Ah, and speaking of whom, the elegant perfect maid is there to greet you, near the front door of the mansion, holding a ridiculously ornate watering can, wearing a long pair of boots as she usually does when she goes outside. Or so you'd assume, anyway. Noticing your approach, she smiles softly, though you try not to flatter yourself and assume the smile was mostly meant for Remilia and her sister, the latter running past you to divehug Sakuya, receiving a light pat on the head in return.

"Back from your expedition so soon, milady? And you've brought back a guest."

"Don't be silly, Sakuya. You remember him, don't you? He came to visit on tuesday. Don't tell me your memory is fading with age already~`?"

"Of course, of course. A memorable young man - your taste is, as as with all things, impeccable, milady." Remilia twitches slightly in protest, as Sakuya leans down to examine a grass stain on the edge of her dress.
"I did ask you kindly not to dirty your clothing, milady. This stain will be atrocious to get out."

"I'm sure you can handle it; you haven't ever failed me in your duties before, now have you? Well, save for that one time. It's why I hired you. Anyway, more importantly!" She pirouettes around to face you again, Sakuya letting go of the dress just in time and standing up behind her, finally nodding lightly in your general direction as a greeting, which you return.
"Now that we're finally here at my overwhelmingly luxurious estate, what shall we do with all of our free time? Hmmm, I wonder, I wonder~"



[] So how about that clock tower, for starters?
[] Being outside is nice. You haven't seen the garden just yet, either.
[] Actually, you have business with the librarian.
[] Still hungry!
[] (Other)
>> No. 92814
[X] Being outside is nice. You haven't seen the garden just yet, either.
>> No. 92816
[X] Being outside is nice. You haven't seen the garden just yet, either.

I'm sure Remi will like you taking a look at the garden (not sure if many of her visitors do)
>> No. 92817
[] So how about that clock tower, for starters?
>> No. 92818
[X] So how about that clock tower, for starters?
>> No. 92826
[X] Being outside is nice. You haven't seen the garden just yet, either.
>> No. 92827
[x] Being outside is nice. You haven't seen the garden just yet, either.
[x] Save the clock tower for later. Sunset or the evening would be nice.

B-but it's not like I want to because it'd be romantic! I just want to enjoy the view! J-jeez!
>> No. 92831
[x] Being outside is nice. You haven't seen the garden just yet, either.
[x] Save the clock tower for later. Sunset or the evening would be nice.

I like how you think.
>> No. 92832
[x] Being outside is nice. You haven't seen the garden just yet, either.
[x] Save the clock tower for later. Sunset or the evening would be nice.
>> No. 92834
[x] Being outside is nice. You haven't seen the garden just yet, either.
[x] Save the clock tower for later. Sunset or the evening would be nice.
>> No. 92835
[x] Being outside is nice. You haven't seen the garden just yet, either.
[x] Save the clock tower for later. Sunset or the evening would be nice.
>> No. 92846
[O] Being outside is nice. You haven't seen the garden just yet, either.
[O] Save the clock tower for later. Sunset or the evening would be nice.
>> No. 92847
[x] Being outside is nice. You haven't seen the garden just yet, either.
[x] Save the clock tower for later. Sunset or the evening would be nice.
[x] Make sure that Sakuya joins you, surely she needs a break from all the work.
>> No. 92855
[x] Being outside is nice. You haven't seen the garden just yet, either.
[x] Save the clock tower for later. Sunset or the evening would be nice.
[x] Make sure that Sakuya joins you, surely she needs a break from all the work.

This could be cool.
>> No. 92861
[X] Being outside is nice. You haven't seen the garden just yet, either.
[X] Save the clock tower for later. Sunset or the evening would be nice.

I'm quite certain Sakuya knows when and how to take breaks when she wants or needs them, and I somehow doubt they're usually in the presence of her mistress.
It's cool if you're wanting to hang out with her, but we have a whole weekend at the place, so I'm sure we'll have at least a couple good chances to chat with her again.

...let's just hope we have better icebreakers than how we bled on or broke something this time around.
>> No. 92863
[x] Being outside is nice. You haven't seen the garden just yet, either.
[x] Save the clock tower for later. Sunset or the evening would be nice.
>> No. 92870
>>92861

Yeah I kinda figured trying to invite Sakuya would make Remilia angry (noblewoman's pride and how insulting it is to prefer the maid to the lady of the house when she has her attentions on you)
>> No. 92872
>>92861
How about the truth, he wanted to see her again.
>> No. 92874
File 12500994715.jpg - (535.13KB , 1280x1083 , remii.jpg ) [iqdb]
92874
"Well, as you said, the weather is nice today - it'd be a shame to go inside already. Also, you haven't shown me your garden yet, either. Could I pester the lady of the mansion for a continuation of tuesday's tour?" Your hostess cocks her head and smirks at you, reaching out a slender arm. Well, if she insists... Arms interlocked, the two of you head around the side of the mansion, her leading you along rather forcefully, and you just barely managing to wave to a mildly amused Sakuya before she disappears around the corner. You had sort of been hoping she was on her way to water the garden, based on the watering can in her hands, but apparently she had just gotten back from doing so instead.

...

No way. There's no way a single maid could ever water a garden of these proportions manually. The entire remaining two-thirds or so of the island are taken up by an elaborate network of flowerbeds, bushes, decorative trees, and yes, even a hedge-maze, despite the level of cliché invoked by such a thing. The variety of flowers and other decorative plants is simply staggering - you could probably name many of them at a glance, yet it would surely take you a lifetime to identify them all, many of which you've likely never even seen before. There is an abundance of roses, however - especially red ones. The garden itself is neat and ordered, laid out in carefully planned geometric and symmetric lines, lawns and hedges perfectly clipped and all other plants trimmed to an exquisite degree. Notably, the garden is centered on the rear facade of the mansion itself, with radiating avenues and paths of gravel, lawns, parterres... even pools of water enclosed in geometric shapes by stone coping, fountains, sculptures... you get the feeling a garden like this probably costs almost as much as the mansion itself, if not more. Oh, and it's also freaking massive to boot, if this hasn't been emphasized yet.

"Speechless?" You're roused from your stupor by the little vampire lady tugging on your arm lightly, grinning at you and beaming with pride as if she had grown the whole thing with her own two hands. Then again, being an immortal vampire, maybe she did..?
"It's just a tiny bit showy, I suppose, yet I take great pride in my little garden. You could start a walk at one end and spend half a day casually strolling to the other." She looks up into the sky, squinting a little. "So much sun today... I should have brought my parasol..."

"It's hardly a casual stroll if it really lasts half a day, you know."

"Oh, how boring of you to say such a thing? Why, I could go for a walk at night and not come back inside until morning! The moonlight shining through the water gently drizzling down the fountains, glistening brightly as it passes through each individual drop... Looking up at the stars sprinkled across the sky... Do you not find such things simply poetic?"

"If I write you a poem about the night sky, will you promise not to drag me along on that all-night walk? Some of us like to sleep, you know."

"Haha, now you're simply trying to romance me? I suppose you would refer to the shining of the stars as far inferior to the beauty of my eyes in your little rhyme, get me to swoon~?"

"You think very highly of yourself, don't you?"

You can't tell whether you're jabbing at each other or flirting, but the two of you have a nice walk along one of the many criss-crossing paths in the garden, hurling meaningless phrases at one another for minutes; you take the occasional passing opportunity to impress her with your knowledge of what some of the flowers and shrubs and whatnot are named. In return, she tells you about the ones you don't know about - their names, origins, and naturally, how valuable they are. Remilia simply laughs off your allegations that not everything should have its value measured in money, still guiding you along a gravel path that looks the same as all the others around you, leading you by the arm. She sure has very liberal senses of personal space, doesn't she? Not that you mind that much...

Wait, where'd Flandre go?



[] Flandre doesn't need constant supervision. She probably stayed with Sakuya when Remilia dragged you off.
-{} Alone-time with a Remilia that isn't upset with you? Talk about something while you have the privacy.
-{} Draw. This garden is way too pretty.
--{} Ask if Remi minds if you draw her, too.
-{} Just for fun, go get lost in the hedge-maze.
--{} ...with Remilia.
-{} Go somewhere else.
[] Go look for Flandre. Wouldn't want her to feel lonely.
>> No. 92875
>Sakuya apparently taking care of the gardens.

But... but... Meiling takes care of the gardens!

http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Article_and_Interview:_Meiling

[X] Flandre doesn't need constant supervision. She probably stayed with Sakuya when Remilia dragged you off.
-{X} Just for fun, go get lost in the hedge-maze.
--{X} ...with Remilia.
-{X} Draw. This garden is way too pretty.
--{X} Ask if Remi minds if you draw her, too.

I can only hope for a nude pose in the gardens, making use of the plants for creative and sexy censorship.
>> No. 92876
[X] Flandre doesn't need constant supervision. She probably stayed with Sakuya when Remilia dragged you off.
-{X} Just for fun, go get lost in the hedge-maze.
--{X} ...with Remilia.
-{X} Draw. This garden is way too pretty.
--{X} Ask if Remi minds if you draw her, too.

>>92875

Sakuya can help. Alternatively, maybe Meiling just doesn't get the credit she deserves. Or it's just different in this story.
>> No. 92878
[x] Flandre doesn't need constant supervision. She probably stayed with Sakuya when Remilia dragged you off.
-[x] Just for fun, go get lost in the hedge-maze.
--[x] ...with Remilia.
-[x] Draw. This garden is way too pretty.
--[x] Ask if Remi minds if you draw her, too
>> No. 92879
[X] Flandre doesn't need constant supervision. She probably stayed with Sakuya when Remilia dragged you off.
-{X} Just for fun, go get lost in the hedge-maze.
--{X} ...with Remilia.
-{X} Draw. This garden is way too pretty.
--{X} Ask if Remi minds if you draw her, too.

Remi time. Play it right and we get both anon.
>> No. 92880
[x] Flandre doesn't need constant supervision. She probably stayed with Sakuya when Remilia dragged you off.
-[x] Just for fun, go get lost in the hedge-maze.
--[x] ...with Remilia.
-[x] Draw. This garden is way too pretty.
--[x] Ask if Remi minds if you draw her, too

Awesome. Drawing Remilia in her summer dress.
>> No. 92881
[X] Go look for Flandre. Wouldn't want her to feel lonely.

>Play it right and we get both anon.
I somehow doubt that, and even if it were possible, there's no way it will be even remotely easy.

From what Sakuya warned us about regarding letting our eyes wander, Remi probably isn't exactly the "sharing" type, and could potentially become rather jealous if she gets really attached to us.

Besides that, just Flandre alone has more than enough things to worry about. Setting aside what she, herself, might be capable of if we screw up and hurt her in some way, the hyper-protectiveness Remi displayed during the Bad Touch Ice Cream Incident makes me think we will be in a world of shit if she ever gets even the slightest notion that we've hurt or saddened her sister in any way.

...then again, if we were to ever bring heartbreak to Flandre, I get the feeling our first immediate reaction would be to find the nearest large body of water and drown ourselves in it.
>> No. 92882
[O] Go look for Flandre. Wouldn't want her to feel lonely.
>> No. 92883
>>92881
Just spending a bit of time with Remilia, it's not like we ignore her all of a sudden. I don't think she can really blame us for not paying enough attention to Flandre as long as we are with her.
And most of all, if we go for Flandre, everything that will await us is a Friend Ending.
We should aim for a "insert character" best end and subplot solving Flandre's problems.
>> No. 92884
[x] Flandre doesn't need constant supervision. She probably stayed with Sakuya when Remilia dragged you off.
-[x] Just for fun, go get lost in the hedge-maze.
--[x] ...with Remilia.
-[x] Draw. This garden is way too pretty.
--[x] Ask if Remi minds if you draw her, too

I'm still amazed that people actually want to have more than best-friendship with Flandre.
>> No. 92885
>>92881
I agree with this anon.

[X] Go look for Flandre. Wouldn't want her to feel lonely.
>> No. 92886
[x] Flandre doesn't need constant supervision. She probably stayed with Sakuya when Remilia dragged you off.
-[x] Just for fun, go get lost in the hedge-maze.
--[x] ...with Remilia.
-[x] Draw. This garden is way too pretty.
--[x] Ask if Remi minds if you draw her, too

I figured if Flandre wants to join us she will (Sakuya will inform her that we're in the garden)

Also I think a romantic Flandre route will be feasible but Chaste for a good while. The Lead in this isn't that old (only about 16ish or so as opposed to the 20 or older that most leads are)

Also chances are if you hurt Flan's feelings one of a few things happen:

A) you kill yourself due to feeling like a complete monster for doing that or to avoid these. That LAKE is a good place.

B) Flandre splatters you in a fit of rage (and the surrounding area)

C) Remi kills you

D) Sakuya kills you

E) and if Meiling's friendly to Flan like in some fanon, She might kill you.
>> No. 92887
>>92874
[X] Flandre doesn't need constant supervision. She probably stayed with Sakuya when Remilia dragged you off.
-{X} Just for fun, go get lost in the hedge-maze.
--{X} ...with Remilia.
-{X} Draw. This garden is way too pretty.
--{X} Ask if Remi minds if you draw her, too.

Didn't we neglect Flandre before by skipping out on the club we helped her set up? Not that that's entirely acceptable, but she didn't seem too terribly upset by the fact.

I'd also like to ingratiate ourselves a little more with Remilia before that awkward moment when she discovers that we let Flandre drag us to her room in the basement. Now that will be awkward.
>> No. 92888
>>92883
Why wouldn't we be able to get a Flandre love end?
>> No. 92889
[X] Flandre doesn't need constant supervision. She probably stayed with Sakuya when Remilia dragged you off.
-{X} Just for fun, go get lost in the hedge-maze.
--{X} ...with Remilia.
-{X} Draw. This garden is way too pretty.
--{X} Ask if Remi minds if you draw her, too.
>> No. 92890
>>92886

OR she could get upset, her sister would be cross with us, and we'd feel pretty shitty about it.
Not every little thing has to be DRAMA! you know.
>> No. 92892
[X] Flandre doesn't need constant supervision. She probably stayed with Sakuya when Remilia dragged you off.
-{X} Just for fun, go get lost in the hedge-maze.
--{X} ...with Remilia.
-{X} Draw. This garden is way too pretty.
--{X} Ask if Remi minds if you draw her, too.

I am tempted to find Flandre and bring her along, too... but it just wouldn't be the same.
Besides, we're enjoying some quality time with our gracious host. Breaking off now to hang out with her sister seems like a dick move. We'll find Flandre later. Is Remi tiem nao.
>> No. 92898
>>92888
You're the same idiot who asked why Chen was off-limits, aren't you?
>> No. 92904
>>OR she could get upset, her sister would be cross with us, and we'd feel pretty shitty about it.
>>Not every little thing has to be DRAMA! you know.

In case you've forgotten, we've already seen Flandre "upset" when Rumia was choking us and it was all Remilia could to to hold her back from turning the little darkness-monster into a fine red mist. We have also already seen Remilia "cross" at us, shortly after she responded to our ice-cream innuendos by slamming us against a wall and preparing to rip our heart out with her bare hands.

No, not everything has to be DRAMA, but when you're dealing with a girl who could easily unleash the apocalypse if she were ever in a bad enough mood, and her less-destructive but just-as-lethal overprotective sister, you would probably do well to not take their emotions too lightly.

But it's a moot point anyway, since breaking either of their hearts would be a crime so severe the only recourse would be our swift and immediate suicide via LAKE or LAKE-like object.
>> No. 92919
>No, not everything has to be DRAMA, but when you're dealing with a girl who could easily unleash the apocalypse if she were ever in a bad enough mood, and her less-destructive but just-as-lethal overprotective sister, you would probably do well to not take their emotions too lightly.

You seem to be forgetting the fact that one of our sole attractive qualities is that we do treat them lightly, as if they were just normal people. In fact we've been decidedly opposed to the suggestion of treating them otherwise, even in the face of authority figures repetitively telling us that it's in our interest to distance ourselves from them, Flandre in particular.

Anyway, the kind of relationship you'd have with Flandre is different from the kind of relationship you's have with Remilia, as Flandre demands a completely different type of investment. Unlike Remilia, who has just withdrawn herself from the world somewhat, Flandre has not been fully socialized yet. Ultimately, success with Flandre is more about expanding her relationships with others, rather than making the bond between the two of you stronger. In caring for Flandre in this way, you'll naturally ally yourself with Remilia, who has made a large steps with Flandre toward this already. Like a parent, she was once Flandre's 'all', that is, her entire world. However, she has become conscious that Flandre deserves a bigger world than this, and so she has been steering her toward us.

This is not simply another way to marginalize Flandre's role in her life like locking her in the basement would be; if you notice she has been highly meticulous in her interactions with us, pulling us close to her, but not so close that we forget of Flandre's primacy, despite her admitted desire to. Moreover she's been chaperoning much of our interaction with the girl, and even in times where it seems you're alone with Flandre, you can be pretty sure Remilia has a good idea of where the two of you are, if not exactly what you are going (the ice cream incident is proof enough that she's not completely omniscient regarding her little sister).

[X] Flandre doesn't need constant supervision. She probably stayed with Sakuya when Remilia dragged you off.
-{X} Just for fun, go get lost in the hedge-maze.
--{X} ...with Remilia.
-{X} Draw. This garden is way too pretty.
--{X} Ask if Remi minds if you draw her, too.

I wouldn't put it past Flandre to just hang back because she wants to watch the interaction between you and Remilia at a distance. The girl is absolutely voracious for social knowledge. I'm reminded somewhat of the oddly quiet but attentive Cirno in YWUiG during the walk to Keine's house with Keine and Mokou... You know, trying to pick up on every little thing.
>> No. 92927
[X] Flandre doesn't need constant supervision. She probably stayed with Sakuya when Remilia dragged you off.
-{X} Just for fun, go get lost in the hedge-maze.
--{X} ...with Remilia.
-{X} Draw. This garden is way too pretty.
--{X} Ask if Remi minds if you draw her, too.
>> No. 92931
>>92898
No, I am not. I am new to the website, so I don't quite know the taboos around here.

Flandre is a girl amongst the others, just a very powerful one. I don't see the problem.
>> No. 92934
>>92904

Uh... Remilia thought we had deflowered her sister, and Rumia tried to eat us.
Such things tend to warrant a degree of DRAMA!. "Hurting Flan's feelings" would probably not-- even assuming they're highly unreasonable (which they aren't.)
>> No. 92939
>>92898
No, that "idiot" was me. And, taking this question into consideration, I guess I'm just not as insecure about some things as others.
>> No. 92942
So am i the only one what wants to have a Flandre route and could see her as someone more than a friend?
If yes, i would aim for Sakuya instead of Flandre, don't want to waste votes on something impossible.
>> No. 92944
>>92942

Yes.

Keine route, full speed ahead!
>> No. 92945
>>92942

No, you are not alone.
>> No. 92946
File 125018459826.jpg - (239.00KB , 720x540 , 7efec2b2e20df2afbbc884a5669f8bb3.jpg ) [iqdb]
92946
Well, Flandre is probably fine; you saw her with Sakuya, right? She's home, and she doesn't need constant supervision from you in any case. Though there's a light pang of guilt chewing at you for spending time with Remi over Flan, you manage to convince yourself that you can't expect to constantly spend time with both of them together anyway.
And a non-pissed-off Remilia is fine too.
"Say, that maze... How large is it?"

For a moment, she stares upwards pensively. "Mmm... About a third of the island, give or take! It's the biggest part of my humble little flower garden, hehee! Why do you ask?"

"I feel like getting lost."

"Ahh, how unexpectedly adventurous of you~" She smirks at you in her typical amused manner, loosening her grip on your arm - but you tighten yours in response, provoking a curious tilting of the head from your hostess.

"So, uh... Wanna get lost with me? Just for the company, naturally." Although she looks surprised at first, the corners of her mouth gradually drag upwards again, and she emits a light chuckle in return.

"Naturally. Very well, then - shall you lead the way, good sir?" Nodding your head into a polite half-bow, you direct the girl into the maze alongside you. To be quite honest, you've always had more of an artsy mind, rather than an analytical one; you take completely random turns and paths, and by the time you realize this you've already forgotten the path back outside. Oh well, this is kind of fun, in a way - the feeling of disorientation, of being stuck, just the two of you. Well, surely Remilia knows the way out, of course. At least you hope she does, because you've been at this dead end once already. Hm, you went right... backtracking, you decide to go left again, and are greeted by a wondrous sight - a garden within the garden.

This must be the center of the maze. A rich ring of fabulous rose bushes surrounds a grandiose water fountain, complete with a statue of what appears to be a majestic gargoyle at first glance, and the bushes themselves are surrounded by several small wooden benches embedded into the ground. It's like a little private park, a treasure hidden away inside this gigantic puzzle.
Your escort stifles a soft giggle. "You asked me before if I had a favorite spot... Well, it seems you've found one of them. I like to come here sometimes, whenever I wish for privacy, and enjoy a cup of tea whilst gazing at the moon... A bit of a foolish habit, but also an old one. And old habits are difficult to shake off. Don't you agree?" You nod in response, quite absently. This garden of hers, it really is something the likes of which you've never seen before. And yet the true gem of it lies right here, small enough to take in completely within your field of vision. A soft wind blowing down over the edges of the hedges causes the spray of water coming from the fountan to sway gently, sprinkling droplets onto the rose petals, causing them to glisten in the light rays of the sun passing by overhead. To top it all off, a miniature rainbow forms in the mist above the water.

That does it. You leap onto the nearest bench, pull out your sketchbook - good thing you have large pockets so you can carry it with you - and whip out your pencil. It feels like an insult to have to draw such a spectacle in black-and-white, but not drawing at all would destroy you. It's been far too long, and you doubt you could find your way to the middle of this maze again any time soon. And then, just before the graphite touches the paper, something hits you.

"Hmmm? Feeling suddenly artistic, are we? I didn't know you could draw... not to mention draw voluntarily. I'm actually impressed~" The mistress of the mansion walks up behind you, leaning over the backrest of the bench and peering at the blank sheet of your sketchbook with curiosity; you turn your gaze towards her, trying your best not to peek down the front of her dress at this angle - and inspiration strikes you like a sledgehammer. Not until this moment have you ever noticed how absolutely beautiful this girl is, not a single blemish on her eternally young face. Her features perfectly symmetric, her bright smile whiter than those seen in any toothpaste commercial, her nose small and cute, straight and only slightly upturned, giving her just a little bit of a snobbish look, strangely befitting a noble lady like herself. Even her red eyes and blue hair, while decidedly unusual, somehow strike you as... natural, on her. Suddenly, those very same crimson eyes lift upwards from your sketchbook, locking your sights; Remilia cocks her head to the side.
"What is it? Artist's block? You're just staring off into space..." A sly smirk makes its way onto her face, as is common every other moment whenever the two of you are speaking.
"Do I have to slap you out of your daze again?"

"No."

"No?"

"No, I wasn't staring into space." ...okay, that could've been worded a little better. Before she gets any ideas, you add: "...would you mind if I drew you, too? The picture would simply feel incomplete without you in it."
What are you saying. Well, you're not entirely sure, either - you just really feel like drawing, and really, REALLY feel like drawing Remilia. That's all there is to it, right? Well, whatever... all you can do now is gauge her reaction to your unexpected request.

Apparently the Scarlet Devil likes having her ego stroked in such manners. The initial surprise quickly fades, in favor of an expression of absolute delight. Naturally, there's a good amount of amusement mixed in there as well, but you've long since accepted the fact that just about anything you do makes Remilia laugh; you think back on your brief conversation with Keine, and wonder if that's all Remilia sees you as - an amusing peasant, a jester. Who knows... for this moment alone, you are the artist and she is your muse.
"If you so brazenly insist, monsieur." She casually tiptoes over to the fountain, spinning herself in place upon stopping, to turn herself towards you, striking an elaborate pose.

"There's no need for that. Just relax." You resist asking her to strip.

"Awh, but that's boring."

"Also, step a little to the left..."

"My left or yours?"

"This way." You gesture to your left with your thumb, a slightly pouting Remilia obediently taking a step in that direction.

"Now, a step back... No, more."

"How's thi-... GAH!" The wind changes direction, sprinkling Remilia with water from the fountain behind her. Just as planned.
"Ahh... Now you got me all wet!" Thankfully, she doesn't seem all that upset, merely making a cute pouting face at you again, and taking off her hat. Seems it doesn't hold water too well, because her hair got a little wet as well.

This is perfect.

"Alright, now... just relax. Try not to move too much, but don't be stiff either. And don't look directly at me."

Sighing with resignation, she throws her hair up a little, drops of water flying through the air. "Hum hum... This might not be as fun as I had imagined, but... Do as you wish. After all..." Ah, that smile you wanted to capture on paper, it returns. "...I'm the one doing you a favor by allowing you to draw my beautiful self~"
No longer paying any attention to her ego-flaunting lines, you get to work. This fascination you have with her, it's purely artistic, right? You have to admit, she's nothing but pleasant to look at - no, this is an understatement, and a drastic one. Sure, she's a little... lacking, in the chest deparment, but isn't that fine too? A subjective form of beauty, adding a childlike quality to her ladylike charms. Delicious contrast! But, this is what goes on in your head... On paper, you can't help but notice a general neglect in details towards the surrounding garden, whereas you've spent the last three minutes shading Remilia's left wing. Her wing. Although at first you were tempted to humor her and draw her with majestic, massive wings stretched wide, you ended up drawing her just the way she is, cute little flight-improbable batwings and all.
>> No. 92947
File 125018463355.jpg - (384.62KB , 800x800 , 0c9421a5e13d32cd3c548c75cf8e8621.jpg ) [iqdb]
92947
You don't know how much time has passed, but you're just about finished. Remilia has patiently been trying to hold still for you, not complaining nor yawning - the smile still lingers on her face, but it has taken on a more serious undertone of sorts. For a change, she looks more like a young woman to you, and less like a spoiled child. And you've captured this image near-perfectly; yes, only 'near'. It's still purely in black-and-white... It's lacking something. You dig around in your pockets frantically, fishing for ideas in your head, until you find something in your shirt's front pocket - how did this get here? A red pen, like the one Keine uses to correct and mark homework. Well, nevermind that for now... Very carefully and delicately, you color in her eyes, and the picture takes on a new sense of life. Scarlet eyes shining through a world of greys, the girl in the picture has a soft smile on her face, looking off into the distance as if contemplating something beyond the comprehension of man.

"...I think I'm done."

She turns her face towards you, lazily. "Took you long enough! My neck's gotten soooo stiff... Ahh, I'll have to pester Sakuya for a massage later. You're a terrible person, you know!" She wags her finger at you scoldingly as she slowly walks to you, hopping onto the bench and swinging her legs through the air off the side - they don't reach the ground.
"Getting a girl all wet, and then making them hold still like that for who knows how long... I could've caught a cold!"

"In this weather? Surely you jest." Ignoring you completely, she grabs the sketchbook from your hands, letting her eyes run over the picture. A long moment of silence, where you feel somehow too tense to say anything. Sure, back in your previous school, you drew the occasional picture of the occasional girl, and it won you some points with them, but in the end it was nothing special. You had more fun drawing cartoonish caricatures of them behind their backs. But somehow, you seem to care an awful lot about whether or not Remilia will like this; eventually, she lifts her gaze from the paper, looking back up at you with eyes that reveal nothing of her inner thoughts.

"You didn't devote much detail to the garden."

"Er... Eh, yeah, I didn't want to keep you standing there too long, heh..."
She looks back at the picture for a moment, before continuing - and with her usual wicked grin back on her face.

"Hey, can I keep this?" You were actually hoping to take it along with you when you leave back for your real home in two years, but... what can you do.

"You can have the -drawing-, but I'll be taking the sketchbook back." Having said so, you take it from her, ripping out the picture - it's one of those sketchbooks where the paper is only attached by a thin strip of glue and is easy to pull out - and hand it back to her, receiving a wide smile in return. As she cradles the drawing in her arms carefully, as if it were one of the Dead Sea scrolls, you look up at the sky; the sun isn't visible from the little park in the middle of the maze anymore.
In the middle of the maze. That's where you are right now. How the hell do you get out? Realizing that screaming for SAKUYAAAAA would make you seem somewhat pathetic, you turn to Remilia instead, scratching the back of your neck nervously as the prospect of being stuck here all weekend crosses your mind briefly.

"Er, heh-heh... I don't suppose you know the way out of here?"

She presses her index finger against her lower lip - she does that a lot - and stares into the sky absentmindedly. "Hmmmm, you're right, we should head back... It should be about lunch time already." She just had to remind you that you're already hungry again, didn't she?
"But, I've never had to walk out of here before... Isn't that funny? I'm the one who designed this maze, and I can't even remember the way out, ahaha~"
Despair.
The fact that you're going to starve to death in a garden right behind a mansion with the world's best cook in it has left you in despair.
And suddenly, salvation, in the form of a red-and-white figure crashing through one of the hedges with a high-pitched squeal, leaving a considerably large gaping hole in it - you want to say it's shaped like a person, but unfortunately real life isn't a Wile E. Coyote cartoon, so it's just mostly roundish. Big enough to crawl through, in any case, and it looks like whatever created it left a sort of tunnel all the way to the outside. Wait, what WAS that, anyway? Turning around, you're greeted by the sight of Flandre, clothes ripped here and there, covered in tiny cuts and bruises, clinging to her sister with little tears forming in the corners of her eyes.

"Sis! Sis! I wa-... I was so worried! I thought you got lost and were never coming back home!" Well, to be fair, Remilia has wings, so she could fly out whenever she wanted to - your oblivious-act was probably the only thing keeping her from flying both of you out, now that you think about it. Dumbass. Furthermore, she has a walking bloodbank accompanying her, should she get hungry, so she could probably stay here for days in any case. Yet these simple facts seem to have been overridden by sisterly concern, demonstrated in how Flandre is presently hugging Remilia tightly and covering her previously white dress in a variety of different stains. She realizes this about the same time as you do, shoving Flandre away and glaring at her with what you unmistakably sense to be actual anger - for the first time, directed towards her sister.

"What the hell do you think you're doing? Damnit, do you KNOW how badly you've DAMAGED this garden with that reckless charge of yours just now? And look at your clothes! And look at MY clothes! And you've made us both look like total fools in front of our guest, too! What were you THINKING!?" Flandre simply trembles before her sister, sniffling and hiccuping softly; Remilia raises her fist into the air in a fit of rage, prompting Flan to cover her head with her hands and close her eyes, yelping and curling up into a little ball.
"You st-..."
Before you can decide whether you should interfere or stay out of it, the situation seems to dissolve by itself.
"...you silly girl." Remilia flicks Flandre across the head gently with one finger, before emitting a heavy sigh.
"You just caused a lot of extra work for Sakuya and Meiling. I hope you're happy..." So, she does remember the gate guard's name when she's being serious. "...but were you really that worried about me? I guess... I guess that makes me happy, even if it was unreasonable of you." She tries to smile, crouching down to Flandre's level and gently patting her head, getting her to open her eyes again.
"After all, I had this guy here to help me, if I had gotten into trouble. So, please - let's not cause property damage again the next time I'm late for lunch, okay?"

The blonde little girl sniffles a few more times, rubbing her eyes with dirty hands, her tears drawing light brown lines down her face as they collect up the dirt and flow downwards; then she nods weakly.
"...okay..."

"Good. Now, go get washed up, change, and meet us in the dining room like a good girl." Another nod from Flandre, before she scampers off through the hedge-tunnel she created. Remilia peeks after her, with another sigh.
"I suppose we have a way out now. Shall we go for lunch, then? Er, after I get washed and changed myself, that is..."



[] Sure. Go wait in the dining room.
[] Sure. Pay a visit to the kitchen, see if Sakuya is still cooking.
[] Go see if Flandre is really alright.
-{} Tell Remilia where you're going.
-{} Lie.
[] Offer to 'help' Remilia get washed and/or changed.
[] Screw that. Chew her out for being mean to her sister, just because she got worried. (Write-ins encouraged)
>> No. 92948
[X] Go see if Flandre is really alright.
-{X} Tell Remilia where you're going.

As tempted as I am to offer to "help" Remi...
>> No. 92950
[X] Go see if Flandre is really alright.
-{X} Tell Remilia where you're going.
>> No. 92951
[x] Offer to 'help' Remilia get washed and/or changed.
-{x} If Remilia refuses then pay a visit to the kitchen, see if Sakuya is still cooking.
>> No. 92952
[x] Go see if Flandre is really alright.
-[x] Tell Remilia where you're going.
>> No. 92953
[X] Go see if Flandre is really alright.
-{X} Tell Remilia where you're going.
>> No. 92954
[x] Go see if Flandre is really alright.
-[x] Tell Remilia where you're going.

I would rather help Remi too, but that's too bold. I would also rather see Sakuya, but I recon we haven't got the red kerchief...
>> No. 92955
[x] Go see if Flandre is really alright.
-[x] Tell Remilia where you're going.

See if she's alright, since she might have gotten particularly upset by the little incident and it'd help to tell her that her sister just kinda overreacted.

But the question is how long can we keep up the act?
>> No. 92956
>>92954

Or the lightbulb.
>> No. 92957
[X] Go see if Flandre is really alright.
-{X} Tell Remilia where you're going.

My my, we seem to have found our Dorian Gray.
>> No. 92960
[x] Go see if Flandre is really alright.
-{x} Tell Remilia where you're going.
>> No. 92964
[x] Offer to 'help' Remilia get washed and/or changed.
-{x} If Remilia refuses then pay a visit to the kitchen, see if Sakuya is still cooking.
>> No. 92965
[x] Go see if Flandre is really alright.
-[x] Tell Remilia where you're going.

But yeah, we really need to get Remilia to get ahold of herself sometime. Preferably soon.

>>92939
Awww, you're taking the offensive with no ground to stand on~

That's awful cute and misguided of you.
>> No. 92967
[x] Go see if Flandre is really alright.
-{x} Tell Remilia where you're going.
--{x} "... Unless you need any 'help' getting washed or changed?"
>> No. 92969
[x] Go see if Flandre is really alright.
-[x] Tell Remilia where you're going.
>> No. 92970
[X] Go see if Flandre is really alright.
-{X} Lie.

If we're going to check up on Flan, we might wind up trying to track down her room. Seeing as how Remi has more or less shot down any and all suggestions that involve us going there up to this point, and likely for a good reason, I doubt it would be any different now. Most likely she'll tell us to not worry about it now, that we'll see Flan at lunch, and so we should just concern ourselves with getting inside, washed up if need be, and head to the dining room.

Then again, I suppose it wouldn't be good if we were dishonest with our lovely hostess, and were caught doing something other than what we said we would do...
>> No. 92971
>>92970
And now for a reader/writer perspective. I doubt the option would be there if he's just going to go "hurr Remilia isn't letting you".
>> No. 92974
Screw it, I'll write a second one today, too.
*gets to work*
>> No. 92975
>>92974
AWW YEAH
>> No. 92976
>>92974
You should do this more often!
>> No. 92977
>>92974

You. Rule.
>> No. 92978
>>92942

We are many, my friend. It's just that we don't speak up much during needless discussion because they are needless. Flandre route is not taboo, and it's definetly not a "do not touch". It's only some anons still making drama about WUIG or being moralfags.
>> No. 92979
>>92978
I would like a Flandre route but there are other more interesting characters to go for. And she kind of got forced onto us too.
Kind of like how you got the annoying little sister forced onto you when you want to go play with the big hot sister.
>> No. 92980
>>92979

Big Sister has already had a route done.

Time for little sister route.
>> No. 92981
>>92979
We chose to sit behind the Scarlet sisters. I suspect this caused the friend request.
>> No. 92982
>>92980
Just saying, HY already finished that job. No, i would like a Sakuya route, she is very likeable.
>>92981
/sdm/ was always the most popular here.
>> No. 92983
File 125020859587.jpg - (69.12KB , 551x800 , dbdcdc755bec6ebb3be20aa0a3e0c6db.jpg ) [iqdb]
92983
Resolution. "Actually... I've got something to take care of, before lunch. I'll meet you in the dining room when I'm done." Having said this, you crawl through the holes in the hedges left by Flandre's little destructive charge earlier, trying your best not to stain or rip your clothing; through gathering all of your agility and a healthy amount of luck, you manage to avoid doing just that, emerging on the outside of the maze as spotless as you were when you went in. Remilia soon follows after you, looking mighty awkward trying to fit her wings through the Flandre-sized holes. After standing up and brushing the more loose dust and dirt off her dress (and still looking fairly camo after doing so), she looks up at you curiously.

"Hmmm? Where are you going, then?"

None of your business, is what you'd like to say, but instead you decide to be a polite and truthful guest - if nothing else, she'll at least appreciate you not lying to her about your intentions, even if she won't agree with them.
"I'm going to go see if Flan is alright."

"Oh, she's... she'll be... eh. I suppose I might have been slightly too stern with the poor girl." She sighs heavily, shoulders slumping downwards, and shakes some of the dirt out of her hair, before beginning a slow walk towards the front of the mansion.
"Do what you like. It would probbly be best for you to be the one to cheer her up, if anyone here is going to be doing it, after all." You can't catch a glimpse of her face as she says this, but there's no time for that. Remilia grossly overreacting to her sister's concerns - no matter how irrational they might have been - seemed to have hurt Flandre deeply; she made her cry. And that's terrible. You run past her to the front doors, swinging them open forcefully. Or, well, that's how you pictured it in your head, dramatically underestimating the sheer weight and size of said doors. You manage to force one open, and slink inside.

Now where in this impossibly huge mansion could she possibly be? Logic dictates that during the process of washing up and changing, one would spend time in a bathroom. It wouldn't be a terribly wild assumption that Remilia has her own, private, high-class bathroom seperate from the one meant for the servants and visitors. Are there only two bathrooms in a place this heavily staffed, though? Ugh... this could end up being a long search. Especially because everything looks completely different than how you remembered it! Was there always a staircase right there? And where'd the locked basement door go to?

Or not. As if on cue, you hear a familiar tap-tapping noise of high-heels coming from around a nearby corner, and sure enough, Sakuya appears before you, a surprised look on her face.
"I'm terribly sorry, but lunch will be slightly delayed. It seems the gate guard has had a nervous breakdown upon discovering that someone has vandalized the garden behind the mansion."
Her sharp blue eyes scan you from top to bottom briefly, eyebrows furrowing lightly, even though a barely noticeable smile finds its way to her lips.
"You didn't come back here just to continue breaking things, did you? If you really want my attention that badly, just yell my name and hope I'm not busy. If you continue increasing my workload like this, I'll be forced to, ah, evict you from the premises."

"It wasn't-..." You catch the sentence in your throat before shifting the blame onto the poor girl you're on your way to comfort. "...it was a blonde little girl in a black skirt and vest, with a white undershirt and red hair ribbon. She must've snuck in somehow." Sakuya raises her eyebrows suspiciously, before crossing her arms alongside a firm nod.

"Sounds familiar. I'll keep an eye out. Thanks for the tip."

"By the way..."

"Hm? Do make it quick, if at all possible. I've got lunch to attend to. Unless you're not hungry, of course." She's not joking.

"No, no, of course I'm hungry!" The thought of passing up a chance to have more of Sakuya's cooking strikes you as utterly unacceptable.
"I just... had two or three questions."

"Just two, I'd hope. Shoot."

"Do you know where Flandre went? She was going to wash up and change before lunch, but I... ah... had something to discuss with her, in private." Another suspicious rise of the eyebrows, although she doesn't seem eager to pry into your business.

"Well. Mistress Remilia and her sister had informed me that you're their 'special' friend. I don't exactly know what that is supposed to mean, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt based on gut feeling alone. I don't do that often, mind you. Now..." She looks like she's... thinking? No, more like... looking something up, in thin air. Your vision flickers for just a moment - what was that? Sakuya acts as if nothing had happened, though, smiling to you softly.
"I believe she went to the guest bathroom. Should I show you where it is?" Without even waiting for your response, she takes off, walking with a graceful yet firm stride and gait, gesturing for you to follow, which you obediently do.

"Er... yes. I thought I'd easily remember where to go, myself. It's strange... this mansion is different than I remember it." She peeks over her shoulder, looking at you from the corner of one eye and flashing a knowing smirk in your direction - she's not even looking what direction she's walking in, yet she's taking turns as if she knows exactly where she's going. The head maid sure is amazing...

"This mansion... is a creature of chaos. It may take many incarnations." Then you can't rely on your memories, huh?

"Oh well, I'll do my best..." You decide to just quietly follow the maid, comparing the path you're taking with the one in your memory. Nope, completely different. This flight of stairs isn't even supposed to be here, yet you're walking up it anyway - perhaps it's best not to dwell on these things too long, lest you give yourself a migraine trying to understand them.

"Oh, and one more thing. Do you really take care of the garden all by yourself?"

"Hmm?" She sounds surprised, at first. "No, today I was merely filling in for Meiling. She was busy transporting the lot of you across the lake, remember?" Smirking yet again, she continues.
"The garden is the pride and joy of mistress Remilia, yet it is like a child to Meiling. If something ever happens to it - like today - then... Well, you may go see for yourself, should you be interested in such a thing. Even though the task of getting her to come out of her quarters again will be entrusted to me, as usual..." A soft sigh. This has got to be the first time you've heard anything resembling a complaint about her job, from this woman.
"Oh, and there it is. Right up ahead, first door on the left." She gestures forward, and you recognize the door immediately, yet the hallway looks completely different than the image in your head. You're going to have to get used to that, aren't you?
>> No. 92984
File 125020869986.jpg - (423.44KB , 832x731 , 2d0622945168179add1ef406fa16b34d.jpg ) [iqdb]
92984
"Well then, if there's nothing else... Lunch will be ready momentarily. Don't spend too long chatting, or it'll get cold. And that would hurt my feelings." She turns around, leaning a little closer to you - you can't help but notice that she's tall. Not exactly towering over you to the same degree as Meiling, but still rather tall.
"You wouldn't want to hurt my feelings, now would you?" Ugh, and she's making such a face... Wait. Now she's chuckling to herself.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I just can't pull that sort of thing off to the same degree as mistress Remilia. Ah, but I've really got to run now. See you around, kid." And just like that, she's gone. Like... gone, just like that. No cartoony poof or puff of smoke or anything.

A mere door stands between you and a distressed Flandre. Or, well... she was certainly distressed back in the garden. That was a good several minutes ago, now. Maybe you were the one who overreacted? Yeah, she's probably fine by now.
You can't be sure - before you realize what you're doing, you knock on the door.
"Ahh... Is that you, Sakuya?"

"Er... No... It's me. I just..." Well, how do you explain why you're here? 'I wanted to come give you a hug and cheer you up' may or may not work - you're not quite sure how childish this girl truly is at heart.

"Oh, the door's open... You can come in." Hm, so she's only washing her face and hands, right? Maybe her hair too; and surely she's already changed, if she's inviting you in like this. Right? Right.
Wrong. The moment you stick your face into the bathroom, you're greeted by the sight of a very naked Flandre leaning forward over the edge of the bathtub. And you can see every inch of her warm naked wet body down to her bellybutton - not a hint of shame on her face either, as she merely looks at you curiously, a completely innocent gaze in her eyes.
"...what's wrong? You look funny..." Oh lordy, that tone of non-understanding concern in her voice is just too much in a situation like this. You backtrack out of the bathroom in an instant, slamming the door behind you. What the hell was that just now? Why did she invite you in so nonchalantly? Why didn't she seem to mind you getting a nice glimpse of her naked body? Why are you so confused and turned on at the same time?
Oh.
That's right.
There are no males in this household. She probably doesn't know -why- she should feel ashamed in such a situation... Or that there's anything odd about it at all. Come to think of it, does she even know the difference between men and women? How in the dark has her sister been keeping her!?



[] Well, if she's not bothered by it...
-{} Go inside and chat with her about things.
--{} No peeking.
-{} Go inside and help wash her.
--{} ...If You Know What I Mean.
[] Patiently wait outside for her to finish.
[] Maybe you should go somewhere else... (?)
>> No. 92985
>>92984

[X] Patiently wait outside for her to finish.
-[X] Talk to her outside the door.
>> No. 92986
[x] Well, if she's not bothered by it...
-{x} Go inside and help wash her.
--{x} No peeking.

You know you want to.
>> No. 92987
[X] Patiently wait outside for her to finish.
-[X] Talk to her outside the door.

One more?
>> No. 92988
[X] Patiently wait outside for her to finish.
-[X] Talk to her outside the door.
--{X} ...If You Know What I Mean.

Sorry, disregard that last one. >.>
>> No. 92989
[X] Patiently wait outside for her to finish.
-[X] Talk to her outside the door.
>> No. 92991
[X] Patiently wait outside for her to finish.
-[X] Talk to her outside the door.
>> No. 92994
[x] Well, if she's not bothered by it...
-{x} Go inside and help wash her.

Yes, I want to~
>> No. 92995
[X] Patiently wait outside for her to finish.
-[X] Talk to her outside the door.
>> No. 92997
[X] Well, if she's not bothered by it...
-{X} Go inside and chat with her about things.
-{X} Jokingly ask if she wants help washing.
--{X} Try to restrain your hormones if she actually says yes. Don't try to... don't try to...
---{X} Okay, maybe cop just one feel.

Flan! Flan! Flan!

But seriously, I'd like wet, naked comfort hugs.
>> No. 92998
[X] Patiently wait outside for her to finish.
-[X] Talk to her outside the door.

As much as it's tempting we shouldn't take advantage of Flan's innocence. Well it's effectively too late, now he has the imagine of naked flan burned on to his mind.

>>92978

Well I think the reason why some folks wouldn't go for a flan route is the feeling of being creepy considering how the typical CYOA lead is in his 20's, making a noticeable maturity gap.

The difference here is the lead here is younger and not so aware of the exact ages and such, removing the creepiness. Still I think such a relationship would be kinda chaste at first.

>>92944
CUtMaS might be a keine route (in /eientei/)

And as far as /Sdm/ Routes covered in total; mainly just Remilia (There's some Sakuya routes in hiatus stories), but Flan, Patchy, Koakuma, and Meiling don't have anything on them.

>>92981
Did we even have a choice where to sit? (as in the choice for us to vote for?)

>>92979
Did you just call Flan an annoying little sister? I'll pretend I didn't read that just for the sake of peace. (If anything, Flan's the superior sister)

>>92982
Sakuya routes are nice, but I suspect they're the bane of the other routes as far as /sdm/ goes.
>> No. 92999
>>92998
>CUtMaS might be a keine route (in /eientei/)

I don't care. For all of CUtMaS's merits, it does not offer us the delicious taboo of a forbidden teacher-student relationship.

Keine route is go.

>Did we even have a choice where to sit? (as in the choice for us to vote for?)

Yes. It was pretty much one of the first choices. You new here?
>> No. 93000
[+] Patiently wait outside for her to finish.
-[+] Talk to her outside the door.
>> No. 93001
>[]Well if she's not bothered by it.

She trusts you as her friend and you'd be willing to take advantage of her?

For shame anon, you should be disgusted with yourself.
>> No. 93005
[X] Patiently wait outside for her to finish.
-[X] Talk to her outside the door.
>> No. 93007
>>92999

If this keeps up this will be the same as the battles between Ran and Yukari fans in HLA R2.

Taboo things do not end well, the worse thing anyone could do to Keine is ruin her reputation and getting her barred from teaching. Then Mokou will come by to 'talk' with us, and by talk I mean drive her flaming fist through you repeatedly until you're dead, then she'd burn the corpse.

Instead this is a rarity: A possible Flan route that won't feel creepy.

But on the second matter I was not around at the time of the story's beginning, and when I read the old threads, I skimmed over the exact choices.

I suspect the lull in /sdm/ at the time caused the interest in the sisters. (Shrine has a few Reimu things and eientei has a couple potential Reisen things)

Looking back the other two big things were Reimu and Reisen, so far you're been in decent contact with both.

>>93001

I second that notion wholeheartedly.
>> No. 93008
File 125022060624.jpg - (124.65KB , 500x500 , 939d9d20ad0b0cc37ac77a847c8c4e4c.jpg ) [iqdb]
93008
[X] Patiently wait outside for her to finish.
-[X] Talk to her outside the door.
>> No. 93009
>>Taboo things do not end well, the worse thing anyone could do to Keine is ruin her reputation and getting her barred from teaching.
Unless it *is* that kind of story. Or the audience wishes for it to become that kind of story (as opposed to the usual ultimately goody-goody protagonist we have). I recall a /th/ story - I'm sorry, the name escapes me for now - where our protagonist was being used as a battery for Yukari's power - where the story had a collapse because the author and audience were in struggles about the mood that was trying to be set.

I, for one, wouldn't mind a well-articulated CYOA where we are trying to keep inconspicuous with a tense forbidden teacher-student relationship with Keine.
>> No. 93010
File 125022156226.jpg - (154.53KB , 565x800 , f26b6b14443aa19500c0ca527b7b5afa.jpg ) [iqdb]
93010
>>93007
The only Flan route that won't feel creepy is one where she isn't acting like a naive prepubescent child.
>> No. 93011
>>93009
HY's A Different Place
>> No. 93012
>she made her cry. And that's terrible.
Am I the only person who thought "at least she didn't steal forty cakes?"

[X] Patiently wait outside for her to finish.
-[X] Talk to her outside the door.

I'm still on the fence regarding the possibility of a Flandre romance route, pending more complete evidence of her understanding and capacity to consent to 'adult' relationships. Either way, going in there and ignoring her nudity indicates that we don't find her attractive at all, which the protagonist himself has already admitted is false, and going in there and ogling her is just rude.
>> No. 93014
[] Well, if she's not bothered by it...
-{} Go inside and help wash her.
--{} ...If You Know What I Mean.

I don't see how this could end badly at all. nope.
>> No. 93015
>>93011

I miss Heather.
>> No. 93016
>>93014
Remi or Sakuya bursting in and ending your existance, then Flandre destroying the whole SDM and surrounding area?

[X] Patiently wait outside for her to finish.
-[X] Talk to her outside the door.
>> No. 93017
[X] Patiently wait outside for her to finish.
-[X] Talk to her outside the door.
>> No. 93020
>>92998
>Did we even have a choice where to sit?

Now that you mention it... don't we know someone who manipulates fate. Maybe it is all just as planned.
>> No. 93021
>>93016
Bad Ends are part and parcel of these stories. Don't be a wuss.
>> No. 93022
>>93021

You certainly won't be pleasing the writefag by actually searching for them.
>> No. 93023
>>93022
>pleasing the writefag

I would make the ascii face at you, but I forgot the code.
>> No. 93024
>>93023
here's the calculus:

worst and most likely case, we Bad End. apart from being slightly entertaining all by itself, long-term negative impact is zero.

or there is a slight chance of something awesome. which would be, well, awesome.

...which is why you should always step on the obvious Bad Ends first.
>> No. 93025
[X] Patiently wait outside for her to finish.
-[X] Talk to her outside the door.
>> No. 93027
>>93024

Since when was taking advantage of a sweet young girl's innocence 'awesome'?

Now if it was Remi in the same place and if she didn't mind, the connotation would be of a seductive nature, and more permissible.
>> No. 93028
Holy hell, look at all the replies...

New thread up soonish. Ish.
>> No. 93030
>>93028
You are the most popular writer around now since Owen finished his story.
>> No. 93033
>>93030
I agree. Keep it up!
>> No. 93036
>>93027
>Since when was taking advantage of a sweet young girl's innocence 'awesome'?

I ask you to re-read your sentence. Then perhaps do so again.

I rest my case. I would also like to point out that goody-two-shoes protagonists are multiplying like roaches here.
>> No. 93039
>>93037
>> No. 93045
>>worst and most likely case, we Bad End. apart from being slightly entertaining all by itself, long-term negative impact is zero.
>>or there is a slight chance of something awesome. which would be, well, awesome.

You're forgetting one. The real "worst case", which would be us NOT getting a Bad End from whatever silly/stupid thing we just did, and are forced to live with the consequences of our actions as the story continues.

A rare and unlikely thing, sure, but often not so much so that it's completely outside the realm of possibility.
>> No. 93050
>>93036
I'm not sure why being a normal, decent human being translates to "moralfagging" on the internet.
>> No. 93054
>>93045

I think what happened with Kira has already immunised the entire writefag population to that sort of thing.

>>93050
>moralfagging
Your word, not mine. I am merely pointing out the dreariness of having just about every single protagonist being a moralfag.

Good word, that. Concise.
>> No. 93059
>>93054

I do not consider not taking advantage of sweet innocent Flan to be moralfaggotry.

On the other hand only going for Yuyuko or Yukari IS. (Yes I'm a bit peeved at such a case in HLA R1, since if Anon played their cards right, it'd be a Yuyuko AND Yukari ending, especially since in the story itself, those two did in need have a heavy make out session)
>> No. 93071
>>93054
Master of semantics.
>> No. 93079
>>93059
Patchwork has said that joining in would have made Yukari incredibly embarassed and she probably would have avoided us for the rest of the story. Also, you are a complete emotional moron for equating not wanting a harem ending with "moralfaggotry", especially after the Yuyuko wedding scene. Grow up.
>> No. 93131
let me sum up the argument so far:

A: arbitrary action X that breaches social conventions is morally reprehensible. arbitrary action Y that also breaches social conventions is on the other hand completely acceptable and anyone saying otherwise is moralfagging.

B: no, I disagree. arbitrary action X that breaches social conventions is completely acceptable and anyone saying otherwise is moralfagging. arbitrary action Y that also breaches social conventions is morally reprehensible.

A: you're a faggot.

B: NO U.
>> No. 93207
>>93079

I never said it wasn't nice, and Patchwork did also say in in of the first two threads of HLA R2 that it was possible, just most likely not by the time that make out scene occured. (Not enough Yukari points perhaps)

And Patchwork mainly said that in regards to the makeout scene if you decided to join in, a VERY brazen action.