[Return]
Archived thread

File 124896555089.jpg - (527.75KB , 600x820 , 057315ace38bdb4dc71a388be79cb797c44d005d.jpg ) [iqdb]
92070 No. 92070
When we last left Anonymous, it was the end of the fourth day of school, and his relationships with Remilia and Patchouli had been... tested. Remilia had skipped school, and Sakuya has come to pick up Flandre, which is somewhat unusual.

-----------

Flandre immediately runs to Sakuya, pouncing her into a tight hug - guess the younger of the two sisters gets along real well with the head maid. Sakuya remains her usual calm self, lightly petting the blonde little girl's head while settling her gaze on you, that subtle smile still lingering on her face. While there's a temptation to ask her whether Remilia went home earlier today or not, you decide it'd be best not to risk letting any other people know about what happened this morning.

So, instead: "Well, I guess I'll be off then. Oh, and I should really be thanking you, Sakuya - for feeding me again, even if it was indirectly." Shifting your eyes downwards a bit, you send Flandre an appreciative smirk as well. "And thanks for sharing with me today. I'll try to return the favor, some day." The maid's smile takes on the form of a knowing smirk, nodding to you.

"Don't mention it. I had a gut feeling you were the type that's barely able to take care of yourself." A soft sigh. "So I figured it'd be sad if the mistresses' new friend would pass away from starvation so soon after arriving in Gensokyo." Flandre, still clinging to Sakuya, looks a little uncomfortable, staring off into nowhere with a blank expression. In any case, you bid one another farewell, and take off in different directions. After a few steps, you glance behind yourself, and they're already gone. Figures.

Oh well. You've got the rest of the afternoon to do whatever the hell you feel like, now that you're alone. Granted, the prospect of being alone in a land like Gensokyo seems much more dangerous now than it did before - but the village should be safe, right? It's a mystery how the humans and youkai manage to coexist like this, anyway, especially with ones like Rumia around who seem to find them delicious.

You'll have your revenge, some day, somehow. She'll never know what hit her. Should you be feeling this determined about beating a little girl?

You decide to go kill some time and look around town. You haven't really familiarized yourself with the area yet - there may be something interesting around here somewhere. Probably not as interesting as anything youkai-related, but a village of humans able to survive in Gensokyo has got to have -something- going for them.

And yet, all the people look perfectly normal, save for the old-fashioned outfits they tend to wear. As usual, you're greeted with friendly waves and bows all around, and make sure to return every one - wouldn't want to seem rude to the Japanese, now would we. You spend most of the afternoon checking out what sights there are to see, learning more about the layout of the village (which is actually larger than it seems at first), as well as peeking into various shops and the like to see if any of them sell alarm clocks, with not much luck.

There's a statue of what looks to be a dragon of some sort near the middle of the village. Asking around, you gather up some lore about how the statue represents some manner of Dragon God, the supposed creator of Gensokyo, a mighty beast of great power spoken of only in myth and legend. Aside from being an idol of worship, the statue seems to serve a more practical use on the side, as a weather forecast device with impressive accuracy.

Speaking of weather, the heat is really starting to get on your nerves. It's been blazing hot the entire week, and while the locals seem more tolerant, they're also slowly starting to show signs of frustration, not to mention worry over their crops and the health of the livestock. Curious, you approach the statue and examine its eyes.

Now, the eyes are supposed to change color based on what weather you should expect. When its eyes are white, it will be sunny. When they're blue, it will rain. When they're grey, it will be cloudy. It's supposed to be very convenient - so much so, that there's a rumor or two that the chiseller of the statue actually snuck some sort of device inside for this very purpose. So what color are they today?

Red.

Hm. You've already managed to forget what the red stands for. Intolerable heat? Neverending drought? The sun exploding? Bah, the heat is just all-out depressing already, no point in frustrating oneself further by trying to ponder it this deeply. Where else in the village could you go?

There's something that looks like a typical picture-book example of a schoolhouse over in the distance - a local primary school, perhaps? Indeed, your hunches seem correct - peeking through the window, you see a kindly-looking old woman teaching a bunch of kids; none of them have wings or horns or anything, and they've all got black hair and dark eyes. Humans. There's a picture on the wall above the blackboard though - is that a portrait of Keine? No mistaking it, you'd recognize that hat anywhere. So she was a primary school teacher, before? No wonder she treats everyone like little kids so often...

It's getting late. The sky is tinting into a mix of purplish-orange as the sun slowly descends towards the horizon... you've maybe got enough time to check out one more location before it starts getting dark. And hopefully find a damn alarm clock that you can afford on your measly allowance. While asking around for places worth visiting, you heard mention of a certain odd little antique shop on the border between the village and the somewhat ominously-named Forest of Magic. Oh well, nothing else comes to mind, so off you go.

It kind of sticks out, if you know where to look - a lone little house, with a big sign on it with three kanji. Kourindou... Hall of the Perfumed Rain? What. Oh well, you're not here to judge peoples' naming standards, you're here to peruse the goods. A little bell hanging above the door jingles as you enter, and a male voice from upstairs calls out: "I'll be with you in just a moment, please make yourself comfortable until then!" Very well then - what kinds of things does an antique shop sell, you wonder? Well, antiques, obviously, but...

Wait, what. These things are not antiques. At least not all of them; at least half the items in this shop are modern, commonplace in the 'outside world' - gosh, it feels weird referring to your previous home in such a manner. A wristwatch, a blender, an iPod, a cellphone, a copy of Prototype for the XBox 360 (do these people even have consoles?), various other gadgets and doohickeys, some of which even you can't recognize; and yet, some proper antiques as well, pottery and the like, and yes, even an old-fashioned alarm clock. It looks... loud, judging by a glance alone. It also looks expensive.

>> No. 92071
File 124896559861.jpg - (200.24KB , 473x640 , 0dd2b6ce682341644dcc76982cdbb37dc02a70e3.jpg ) [iqdb]
92071
"Ah, this clock? Certainly a fine piece of craftsmanship, withstanding all the ravages of time and yet still maintaining its functions without any drop in accuracy." You turn around to face the speaker who oh-so-suddenly appeared right behind you, and are faced with a fairly tall young man, with unnaturally golden eyes behind a pair of glasses, and short silver hair. His clothes seem like a more-or-less traditional robe, colored black and blue, and he's carrying a small bag with him, full of who knows what.
"Do you want it? It's yours for the low price of 500 yen."

500 yen? Well, you've only got about 2000 or so on you, and at that kind of price for an antique alarm clock with all moving parts still intact and functional - it's definitely a bargain. The shopkeeper introduces himself as Rinnosuke Morichika.
"By the way," you ask, after telling him your own name in return, "I noticed many of your goods are from, ah... outside of Gensokyo. I'm just curious, but where do you get your supplies from?"

"Ah, well, I have my sources... A certain fine lady brings me a collection of this and that periodically, in exchange for being allowed to pick out a little something for herself at no charge in return."

"But, many of these things are powered by electricity or batteries. Is it profitable to run this kind of shop in a place like this?"

With a heavy sigh, he spreads his arms. "Does it look profitable?" Come to think of it, you're the only customer in the store, and you've been here a good while now. Most of the shelves look fully stocked, too, if a little disorganized. "As a matter of fact, I've considered moving the shop to a more convenient location, too, but this would be troublesome for one of my more frequent, ah, customers."

"Hm? Who would that be, then?" You peek out of the window at the looming woods right outside of the store; for a brief moment, you swear you saw a bunch of red pairs of eyes staring right back at you, but the moment you blink they're gone again.
"Are you trying to tell me someone actually lives in the Forest of Magic? I thought it was dangerous."

"But of course, you're likely to find someone living just about anywhere in Gensokyo. There are very few truly unpopulated areas around, and even those usually don't remain as such for long. I get regular visits from the members of the Kirisame household, most often from young Marisa; I believe she goes to the same school as you do?"
Oh, right, the blonde delinquent girl sitting next to the flying shrine maiden you bumped into some time ago. What sort of interest could she possible have in a store like this? While you're glad to have found a cheap alarm clock, a second glance around the place reveals it to be stocked mostly with well-conditioned junk, and little else. Oh well, maybe some day you'll find yourself in need of something else from here, so you might as well remember the place.

As you bid farewell to the shopkeeper, casually wondering if he's a youkai as well - it's surprisingly hard to tell with some of them, since apparently not all of them have red eyes. Although gold isn't exactly common either, it could very well be an unusual shade of light brown. He looked a bit young for his hair to be all silvery like that, too... Maybe he's related to Sakuya? Or that Eirin woman, she had silvery hair as well. You'll have to ask sometime, but for now, your primary objective is to get back home safely - it went from 'slowly setting sun' to 'nearly pitch black darkness' rather quickly, didn't it...
A budding suspicion prompts you to look left and right, just to make sure Rumia isn't stalking you again, but you're alone. It seems this is still too far within village limits for her to come pestering you. Deciding not to tempt fate, you hurry straight home.

After taking off your shoes, politely greeting your host family, changing clothes and eating dinner, you feel just about ready to hit the sack - not like there's much else to do at home this late, and it's about time you start sleeping properly. Speaking of which... You pull the two items you managed to acquire today out of your bag. A small jar of red-and-blue capsules - supposedly to aid sleeping - and the alarm clock.



[] Do some more 'reading' and experimenting (specify) - after all, if you do end up deciding to train with Patchouli one of these days to learn to defend yourself, you might as well get your mind used to doing unusual things as early as possible.

AND/OR

[] Set the alarm clock. (Specify time. Note: School begins at 8 AM and is about a 15 minute walk from the house.)

AND/OR

[] Take the pill. Usually, when you try to sleep, you get weird nightmares that keep you from getting well-rested. It can't hurt, right? ...right?
>> No. 92073
By the way, previous thread: >>91310
>> No. 92074
[] Do some more 'reading' and experimenting (specify) - after all, if you do end up deciding to train with Patchouli one of these days to learn to defend yourself, you might as well get your mind used to doing unusual things as early as possible. Try to move something small, like a pencil. If successful, practice and get used to it, and try something bigger. Test your limits.
>> No. 92075
[] Set the alarm clock. (7:00)
>> No. 92076
[X] Do some more 'reading' and experimenting (specify) - after all, if you do end up deciding to train with Patchouli one of these days to learn to defend yourself, you might as well get your mind used to doing unusual things as early as possible.
[X] Set the alarm clock.
7:00 AM seems reasonable.
>> No. 92077
[x] Do some more 'reading' and experimenting. After all, if you do end up deciding to train with Patchouli one of these days to learn to defend yourself, you might as well get your mind used to doing unusual things as early as possible. Try to move something small, like a pencil. If successful, practice and get used to it, and try something bigger. Test your limits.

[x] Set the alarm clock. (7:00 AM)
>> No. 92078
[x] Set the alarm clock. 7:00AM
[x] Take the pill. Usually, when you try to sleep, you get weird nightmares that keep you from getting well-rested. It can't hurt, right? ...right?
>> No. 92079
[x] Do some more 'reading' and experimenting. After all, if you do end up deciding to train with Patchouli one of these days to learn to defend yourself, you might as well get your mind used to doing unusual things as early as possible. Try to move something small, like a pencil. If successful, practice and get used to it, and try something bigger. Test your limits.

[x] Set the alarm clock. (7:00 AM)
[x] Take the pill. Usually, when you try to sleep, you get weird nightmares that keep you from getting well-rested. It can't hurt, right? ...right?
>> No. 92080
[x] Do some more 'reading' and experimenting - after all, if you do end up deciding to train with Patchouli one of these days to learn to defend yourself, you might as well get your mind used to doing unusual things as early as possible.
-[x] Try something a little different with your telekinesis. Instead of breaking something, try lifting a pillow into the air.
-[x] If that works, try throwing it across the room.
[x] Take the pill. Usually, when you try to sleep, you get weird nightmares that keep you from getting well-rested. It can't hurt, right?
...right?
[x] Set the alarm clock. (7:00 AM)
>> No. 92081
[X] Set the alarm clock. (7:00)
[X] Do some more 'reading' and experimenting (specify) - after all, if you do end up deciding to train with Patchouli one of these days to learn to defend yourself, you might as well get your mind used to doing unusual things as early as possible. Try to move something small, like a pencil. If successful, practice and get used to it, and try something bigger. Test your limits.
>> No. 92082
[x] Do some more 'reading' and experimenting. After all, if you do end up deciding to train with Patchouli one of these days to learn to defend yourself, you might as well get your mind used to doing unusual things as early as possible. Try to move something small, like a pencil. If successful, practice and get used to it, and try something bigger. Test your limits.

[x] Set the alarm clock. (2 minutes in the future to see how loud it is, then 7:00 AM)

[x] Take the pill. Usually, when you try to sleep, you get weird nightmares that keep you from getting well-rested. It can't hurt, right? ...right?
>> No. 92083
[X] Set the alarm clock. (7:00 AM)

I'm a little worried about how our host family might react if we wind up getting blood all over something, but even more worried about taking any sort of drug Eirin cooked up.
Especially since we aren't technically supposed to have this particular one, and there's no telling just how strong that stuff could be.
>> No. 92084
>>[x] Do some more 'reading' and experimenting (specify) - after all, if you do end up deciding to train with Patchouli one of these days to learn to defend yourself, you might as well get your mind used to doing unusual things as early as possible.

Hay guis, let's NOT pick the obvious "level up" option! DOHOHOHOHO!

[~] Set the alarm clock. (2 minutes in the future to see how loud it is, then 7:15 AM)
[Z] Do some more 'reading' and experimenting. After all, if you do end up deciding to train with Patchouli one of these days to learn to defend yourself, you might as well get your mind used to doing unusual things as early as possible. Try to move something small and soft, like an eraser. If successful, try moving it with successively greater velocity and force.
[E] Take the pill. Usually, when you try to sleep, you get weird nightmares that keep you from getting well-rested. It can't hurt, right? ...right?

MIND BULLET!
Just trying to be different for the hell of it.
>> No. 92085
[x] Set the alarm clock. (2 minutes in the future to see how loud it is, then 7:00 AM)

[x] Take the pill. Usually, when you try to sleep, you get weird nightmares that keep you from getting well-rested. It can't hurt, right? ...right?

But take it around 10:30 while in bed or so just to give it time to work. Having one's alarm set would do no good if you're out cold from the pills.

Tonight should be about rest above all else. your practice with mind bullets should be done supervised.
>> No. 92086
[Q] Do some more 'reading' and experimenting. After all, if you do end up deciding to train with Patchouli one of these days to learn to defend yourself, you might as well get your mind used to doing unusual things as early as possible. Try to move something small, like a pencil. If successful, practice and get used to it, and try something bigger. Test your limits.

[Q] Set the alarm clock. (7:00 AM)
>> No. 92087
[X] Do some more 'reading' and experimenting. After all, if you do end up deciding to train with Patchouli one of these days to learn to defend yourself, you might as well get your mind used to doing unusual things as early as possible. Try to move something small, like a pencil. If successful, practice and get used to it, and try something bigger. Test your limits.
[X] Set the alarm clock. (7:00 AM)
[X] Take the pill. Usually, when you try to sleep, you get weird nightmares that keep you from getting well-rested. It can't hurt, right? ...right?

Wonderful, Shady Drugs of Paradise.
>> No. 92088
>>92084
>obvious "level up" option

*non-suspicious whistle*
>> No. 92090
X] Do some more 'reading' and experimenting (specify) - after all, if you do end up deciding to train with Patchouli one of these days to learn to defend yourself, you might as well get your mind used to doing unusual things as early as possible.
[X] Set the alarm clock. 7:00 a.m.
>> No. 92092
[x] Do some more 'reading' and experimenting. After all, if you do end up deciding to train with Patchouli one of these days to learn to defend yourself, you might as well get your mind used to doing unusual things as early as possible. Try to move something small, like a pencil. If successful, practice and get used to it, and try something bigger. Test your limits.

[x] Set the alarm clock. (2 minutes in the future to see how loud it is, then 7:00 AM)

[x] Take the pill. Usually, when you try to sleep, you get weird nightmares that keep you from getting well-rested. It can't hurt, right? ...right?

And in that order.
>> No. 92096
>>92085
>But take it around 10:30 while in bed or so just to give it time to work.

'Time to work'? Clearly you aren't familiar with the fine products of Yagokoro Pharmaceuticals. In before Reisen accidentally gave us Nightmare Type.

[X] Set the alarm clock. (2 minutes in the future to see how loud it is, then 7:15 AM)
[X] Do some more 'reading' and experimenting. After all, if you do end up deciding to train with Patchouli one of these days to learn to defend yourself, you might as well get your mind used to doing unusual things as early as possible. Try to move something small and soft, like an eraser. If successful, try moving it with successively greater velocity and force.
[X] Take the pill. Usually, when you try to sleep, you get weird nightmares that keep you from getting well-rested. It can't hurt, right? ...right?
>> No. 92098
>>92096

Well I have an idea, but Jin doesn't, and I doubt he wants to wake up late again; too many morinings without breakfast isn't good for you normally, let alone in a place where a first year wants you for lunch.
>> No. 92112
Votes locked, typing...
>> No. 92113
Hoo-boy. Coma Land, here we come!
>> No. 92114
>>92113
Hooray!
>> No. 92143
File 124906653157.jpg - (290.16KB , 900x900 , thebookandtheclock.jpg ) [iqdb]
92143
Option three only had roughly half the amount of votes as one and two, so...

-----------

You send a glance towards the ominous book lying on your table, beckoning to you silently as it simply sits there. Telekinesis and such, huh... Reality warping. Crush the youkai with your mind! You like the sound of that, at least in the faint hope that developing these powers - whatever they might actually turn out to be - will let you defend yourself and not become a chew toy (or worse, lunch) for little monster girls. The last time you read it was... yesterday morning? For a brief moment, you ponder the possibility that you're developing some sort of dependency towards it.

Ah well, screw it. Nobody's ever said being addicted to a book is a bad thing, right? Besides... it speaks to you. It feels right, holding it in your hands like this. You can't help but wonder what sort of person wrote this thing. The author is nameless. In any case, you do the usual routine... close your eyes, clear your head, empty your mind. See beyond that which can be seen, beyond even that which cannot be seen. And open your eyes again.

...

"..."

...

Nothing. It's not coming to you tonight. The parts you've already read are still there, but when you try to go further, it's as if something is blocking you from understanding what it is you're reading. You don't feel the subtext in your head anymore, no matter how hard you focus. Ah well... Maybe you really are trying for too much, too fast. If the mysteries of the multiverse are going to remain locked to you for a while longer, you might as well practice manipulating objects and such.

Something light, something you won't miss too much if it ends up exploding again... Hm. Reaching into your pocket, you pull out your little sketchbook. Sigh, when was the last time you got to doodle anything? The pencil will do - you've got plenty of spares. After placing it on the table in clear view, you calmly lie down in your bed, getting into a relaxed position. Maybe you can take it easy tonight and avoid bleeding all over your host family's house and spending the night with a migraine.

Anyway, here goes. Focus... Focus... Try not to think of the pencil exploding. It's already vibrating violently - you lessen your focus a bit, and it stops moving entirely. Fly, damn you, fly! Or at least hover a little bit, even that would count as progress. Focus, focus... Nope. All you manage is to slowly cause it to roll around on the surface of the table.

But hey, you finally moved something without making it blow up in the process! Checking yourself, just in case, you notice you're not bleeding out of any major orifice - and you're certainly not in pain, either. What you -do- notice, however, is the same feeling of slowness in your head you felt yesterday morning. Your thoughts come with greater difficulty, and you feel drained of energy... Is this normal? Is this mental fatigue what you're supposed to be feeling after trying to manipulate objects with your mind?

Well, it does make sense, in a way... It takes energy to perform actions normally, so interacting with other objects with your mind should also take energy, right? The discovery of your personal mana pool is still a bit of a cause for concern. What happens if you spend too much, too fast? Do you faint, or do you drop braindead? Perhaps it would be a good idea to leave it for now, and ask Patchouli for further guidance whenever she has the free time. It's almost the weekend... Maybe you could pay her a visit, if Remilia still accepts your presence in the mansion. Gah, why are these women so unnecessarily complicated...

Oh, there's still the matter of the alarm clock - now that you've bought one, you might as well put it to good use, right? It's not even that late just yet, but you should probably get used to the whole early-to-bed-early-to-wake routine by now, instead of jogging to school without breakfast each morning. 7:00 AM seems reasonable - enough time to calmly get washed up, get dressed, eat something and walk to school at a normal person's tempo. Seven it is, then. More or less satisfied, and mind still strangely clouded, you send a passing glance at those pills you were given...

...no, you don't think so. You only accepted these so as not to hurt the bunnygirl's feelings, without truly thinking about what you were doing at the time. Despite Eirin's enthusiasm for the concept of you becoming her personal guinea pig for such things, you decide it'd be better for your health and overall well-being to avoid taking strange drugs which may very well be harmless to youkai, yet unpredictable on humans. Didn't Reisen also say these were experimental, and not properly tested? Yikes... The idea of a coma doesn't sound too appealing, regardless of how tired you might be in the mornings.

...Hm, would it be possible to somehow 'volunteer' Rumia to test these for Eirin, you wonder. And with that thought, your eyes fall shut, and you drift off into a deep sleep.

-----------

You're flying. High, above the trees, the rivers, the large lake, the village. Soaring majestically, weaving back and forth between gusts of air, carrying you higher and higher. The feeling is impossible to describe - it's something out of this world.

You never want this sensation to end. You learn how to control yourself as you continue onwards, performing elaborate loop-de-loops and other aerial maneuvers, constantly striving to fly higher, and higher... So you can wave down to your friends and loved ones, to show them what you can do, so they can cheer you on. You're so happy.

Higher... Always higher. Through the clouds - you feel a sensation of moisture, your vision blanks for a brief moment - and then you come out from the other side. The sight is beautiful... as if a cotton-like snow-covered field, stretching endlessly as far as the eye can reach. And yet, something is wrong... That smell, like something is burning.

It's you. In your blind euphoria, you've risen too high, too close to your mortal enemy - the sun. The smoke, the scent of burnt flesh, it's coming from you. Gazing upon your palms, they're black and scorched, hanging strips of what was once skin bursting into small flames before dissipating into ash. Eventually, your glorious wings themselves catch fire, being reduced to thin black roots incapable of flight. You plummet towards the earth like a falling star. And yet, you feel so happy... So very, very happy...
>> No. 92144
File 124906655864.png - (223.87KB , 397x533 , 566ac26ee9b46222bdb466e98b7bec535adf6524.png ) [iqdb]
92144
A loud, obnoxious ringing, like the raging echoes of pandemonium, threatens to leave you deaf, stirring you from one of your usual bizarre dream sequences - goddamnit, you haven't had a normal dream since you arrived here. A slight feeling of regret, you stare at the unopened jar of pills on your table; yet you imagine there's the chance you might not have woken up at all if you had tried one. Slamming your fist on top of the alarm clock unceremoniously, you get it to shut the hell up before it riles up the entire village.

Your host family is still having breakfast by the time you've brushed your teeth, taken care of other morning urgencies, and gotten dressed. Ah, it feels good to have some food in your system right from the start of the day, for a change! You even pack up a crude lunch box out of leftovers from yesterday's dinner. And you've still got plenty of time for a nice, slow, casual walk to school - might as well get going and enjoy it. You politely say goodbye, grab your bag and head off - wait, did you do your homework? Totally forgot about that, didn't we... Oh well.

You open the door, and are greeted by the sight of a lightly scowling Remilia right in front of the door, staring off to the side somewhere. A slight sense of deja vu strikes you, recalling a similar scene with Flandre yesterday morning... Well, is she going to say anything? No, she's just sending frustrated glances at you through the corner of her eye every now and then, avoiding proper eye contact and twitching lightly, as if unable to formulate a proper sentence. Honestly...

"Good morning, Remi."

"...Good morning yourself." A long pause. "I just wanted to say, I..." What, 'I'm sorry'? "...I'd normally rip your head off for what you did to me yesterday! Humiliating me like that, and in front of my sister, too... Hmph!" And yet, you don't sense that previous tone of anger in her voice anymore, just a childish stubbornness.

"Apology accepted. I'm sorry, too. Now, what do you say we make up and act normal around each other again?" She goes through one final involuntary twitch, before emitting a soft sigh and sending one of her regular wicked smirks at you.

"Fine. I'll try to keep my own sense of humor in check as well, then." In reply, you simply smile at her. While you're glad to have resolved this issue so easily, you can't help but wonder why a vampire, of noble blood no less, would value their friendship with a mere mortal to the point of coming to apologize in person the very next day. Placing one hand on her hip and holding the other by her face, she continues: "Don't get me wrong, I'm doing this for my darling little sister - I wouldn't want to worry her by getting into a quarrel with her friend, now would I? Ahaha~"

Yep, Remilia is definitely back. You wait for her to finish the trademark noblewoman's laugh, before prodding her lightly (triggering yet another of those twitches - it's actually kind of fun).
"So, what do you say we actually go to school now?" The two of you casually make your way towards the path leading up the hill to the small yellow building. You glance about to see if you can catch sight of Reisen, but you recall her usually coming to school about as late as you normally do. As the gate comes into view, you do see one familiar face, at least - Flandre, picking petals off a flower to pass the time, apparently waiting for her sister. She's mouthing some words as you approach her, but you can't quite make them out. She soon spots you and discards the flower, waving to you both excitedly and skipping over to you.

"Good morning! I'm glad you decided to come to school today after all, sis; we missed you, yesterday!" After giving her older sister a tight hug, she turns to you, next, a wide smile on her face.
"Hey, hey, it's almost the weekend! What are you gonna be doing saturday and sunday?"

"Hm? Isn't Saturday also a schoolday in Japan?"

"Not in Gensokyo, no." Remilia offers some informative input. "Flandre, darling, it's impolite to pester others about their plans..." A soft chuckle, followed by a sly glance in your direction.
"By the way you ask, one would think you're asking the boy out on a date."
Upon hearing her sister's jabbing comment, Flandre turns slightly red in the face, retreating back into her more shy persona.

...hm, weekend, huh. To be quite honest, you don't have anything in particular planned.



[] Ask if you could possibly spend the weekend at the mansion.
-{} You'd like to spend more time with the sisters.
-{} You have some business with the librarian.
-{} You have something to return to the head maid.
[] You intend to just be lazy, mostly stay home, maybe spend some time around town.
[] (Something else entirely?)
>> No. 92145
[X] Ask if you could possibly spend the weekend at the mansion.
-{X} You'd like to spend more time with the sisters.
-{X} You have some business with the librarian.

I'm sure there is enough time for both.
>> No. 92146
[Q] Ask if you could possibly spend the weekend at the mansion.
- [Q] You'd like to spend more time with the sisters.
- [Q] You have some business with the librarian.

Why not?
>> No. 92147
[X] Ask if you could possibly spend the weekend at the mansion.
-{X} You'd like to spend more time with the sisters.
-{X} You have some business with the librarian.
>> No. 92148
File 12490698622.jpg - (116.57KB , 375x500 , psyops1.jpg ) [iqdb]
92148
It seems like we're going for the SDM route.
>> No. 92157
[X] Ask if you could possibly spend the weekend at the mansion.
-{X} You'd like to spend more time with the sisters.
-{X} You have some business with the librarian.

SDM route, huh? Fine by me.
Let's just not forget we are on a quest to get Flandre more friends.
>> No. 92159
[X] You intend to just be lazy, mostly stay home, maybe spend some time around town.

It's what I did in high school.
>> No. 92160
[X] Ask if you could possibly spend the weekend at the mansion.
-{X} You'd like to spend more time with the sisters.
-{X} You have some business with the librarian.

Only option.
>> No. 92161
[X] Ask if you could possibly spend the weekend at the mansion.
-{X} You'd like to spend more time with the sisters.
-{X} You have some business with the librarian.
>> No. 92165
[x] Ask Reisen out on a friendly date.
>> No. 92166
[X] Ask if you could possibly spend the weekend at the mansion.
-{X} You'd like to spend more time with the sisters.
-{X} You have some business with the librarian.

>did you do your homework?
>> No. 92167
[x] Ask Reisen out on a friendly date.
>> No. 92168
File 124914148381.jpg - (186.42KB , 640x480 , KOHA_E01A.jpg ) [iqdb]
92168
[x] Ask if you could possibly spend the weekend at the mansion.
-{x} You'd like to spend more time with the sisters.
-{x} You have some business with the librarian.
-{x} You have something to return to the head maid.

Why is everyone leaving out the handkerchief? You should remember to return things like that.
>> No. 92169
>>92168
We'll return it, but we don't have to tell it to the sisters.
>> No. 92176
[x] Ask Reisen out on a friendly date.
>> No. 92177
[x] Ask Flandre out on a friendly date.
>> No. 92178
[X] Ask if you could possibly spend the weekend at the mansion.
-{x} You'd like to spend more time with the sisters.
-{x} You have some business with the librarian.
>> No. 92179
[x] Ask Reisen out on a friendly date.
>> No. 92180
[x] Ask Reisen out on a friendly date.
>> No. 92181
[x] Ask Reisen out on a friendly date.

I don't think this is a great idea considering how well he know her (at least calling it a "date"), but I can't say no to Reisen.
>> No. 92182
[x] Ask Reisen out on a friendly date.
>> No. 92183
[x] Ask Reisen out on a friendly date.
>> No. 92184
[X] Ask if you could possibly spend the weekend at the mansion.
-{X} You'd like to spend more time with the sisters.
-{X} You have some business with the librarian.
>> No. 92185
[x] Ask Reisen out on a friendly date.
>> No. 92186
Holy fucking christ. Is this votespam or not?
>> No. 92187
>>92186
Derp...
Alrighty, stop voting folks, let me count these before we hit autosage or something.
>> No. 92188
[x] Ask Reisen out on a friendly date.

MOONBUNNY
>> No. 92189
>>92188

Votespam is not the way to get your option counted.
>> No. 92190
Confirmed votespam for Reisen votes - at least 5 from the same IP, even. What the fuck is going on.
SDM choice wins. Writing will commence in the near unspecified future~
>> No. 92191
File 124915808080.jpg - (109.62KB , 679x750 , 124371279572.jpg ) [iqdb]
92191
>>92188
Stop making Reisen look bad, you douche.
>> No. 92204
File 124925539286.png - (517.21KB , 700x710 , b195557751f8222f66382c6cc8b098fb.png ) [iqdb]
92204
"Well, actually..." You pause, hesitating and choosing your next words carefully - you've only known the sisters for under a week, and have only just recently come back on speaking terms with the mistress of the Scarlet Devil Mansion herself, Remilia. You wouldn't want to say anything overly bold, or disrespectful, or... well, what the heck. You don't really have anything else in particular to do this weekend, so you might as well spend some time with the sisters, right? In addition, there's the ulterior motive of wanting to finally get some training done with Patchouli, so you won't have to live in fear of becoming someone's lunch.

"...I was wondering if it'd be a major bother if I could visit the mansion again, this weekend? I had fun last time, and I'd like to get to know the two of you better." Trying your best to sound as normal as possible, you pause for just a moment before continuing on. "And, well, I also had something I needed to talk to Patchouli about. If it's alright with you, of course, Remi." Finishing off with a modestly friendly smile, you attempt to gauge the girl's reaction to your proposal... er, request... whatever.

She seems surprisingly okay with the idea, merely shrugging her arms in response, along with a rather theatric sigh, before those wicked red eyes of hers make contact with yours.
"I guess it can't be helped, if the poor boy really doesn't have anything else to do in his free time than mooch off the wealthy~"
As she stands there snickering to herself, not quietly at all, you feel a light sense of relief at seeing her like this again. Aside from losing the favor of a powerful youkai who could defend you against others like Rumia, the thought of losing her as a friend actually saddened you more than you would've admitted at first - you're glad the whole mishap with bad humor was resolved so neatly.

And then, just as suddenly, what happens next turns her expression back to a deadly-serious one, if only for a moment. "Yaay! Hey, I can finally show you my room, too! You already saw sis' room, and we can pla-..." All of a sudden, Flandre's excited exclamation is interrupted.

"I don't think that'd be a good idea." Not even a few seconds after this grim-toned sentence, she does her usual high-and-mighty laugh once more, placing her hands on Flandre's shoulders from behind and rubbing her cheek against hers.
"The weather has been... nice, lately..." As she says this, she sends a subtle glare in the sun's general direction, squinting. Not obvious at all there, vampire girl. "It would be a shame to stay indoors during the weekend, now wouldn't it?"
She turns back to you, as Flandre's enthusiasm is knocked down considerably. "Of course, if you have business with Patchy, then I suppose you'd have to find her in that dark dusty depressing library of hers. Can't say I envy you~"

Maybe it's best not to ask, for now... That being settled, you offer your sincerest thanks to the lady, and the three of you head to the auditorium. There's still some time before the first lesson begins, yet several students are already present, chattering among one another about this and that.
And sitting at the desk is the lovely miss Keine Kamishirasawa, already fully prepared for yet another day of school, resting her forearms on the surface of the desk, fingers interlocked. She greets you with a warm smile and a bow of the head, the bizarre lunchbox-hat maintaining perfect balance on top of her head as she does so. As you head for your seats, you can't help but wonder where she was yesterday - not that it's any of your business, but 'lunar conditions'? Must be another youkai thing... No human being could balance a hat that well.

Well, when in Gensokyo, do as the Gensokyans do - you decide to kill time until the lesson (art history, by the way, so you can pretty much take it easy) begins by chatting with Flandre.
"I'm sorry I didn't get to come check out the club room yesterday. Were you alright, carrying all those books by yourself?"

She tilts her head at you, seemingly perplexed for a brief moment. "Sure, why wouldn't I be? Oh, oh!" Suddenly, her facial expression shits to one of excitement, a beaming smile spreading across her lips. "I forgot to tell you - we already have a new member! You know that first-year girl we saw on the lake yesterday morning?"
Cirno? Into books? Really?

"I remember her." Ooh boy, this should be... well, funny, if nothing else. That girl isn't exactly the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, and that's being generous... It doesn't help her image that you can sense this about her after less than a week, and she's not even in your class. Oh well - at least it's a chance to help Flandre make new friends, right? And, hey, having an idiot around will only make you look that much smarter, so 's all good.

*ding-dong*

"Well then, let's begin the lesson!" Keine stands up, as do you, the aforementioned idiot girl, and Komachi (after Keine throws a chalk at her head, which promptly explodes in a cough-inducing dust), doing the whole stand-bow-sit routine. Cirno actually seems to have gotten better at it... Even radiating some sort of bizarre sense of authority over her classmates, which really isn't saying much.

Keine begins the attendance check - out of mere curiosity, you can't help but listen intently, and notice that, as usual, Mokou is absent. So is Reimu - the flying shrine maiden with the gohei* and stuff, right? (TL note: Gohei are wooden wands, decorated with two shide (zigzag paper streamers) used in Shinto rituals.) On the flipside, that Marisa girl is actually present from the first lesson for a change. Well, you suppose it's your duty to care about such things - sooner or later, consistent absences are going to end up biting you in the ass, what with you being forced into the role of class rep and whatnot... Sucks getting the blame for others' wrongdoings, doesn't it?

Keine always looks most enthusiastic during history class, but art history, being a seperate subject, also gets her rather fired up, somehow. You make the mistake of demonstrating your considerable knowledge on the subject by answering a few trivia questions correctly, and the same old cycle repeats itself - a delighted Keine pelting you with questions and 'well done's, and the rest of the class (save for the Scarlet sisters and Reisen) giving you deadly stares. Somehow you knew this routine wouldn't end so easily...

Anyway, the lesson ends soon enough, all the girls rushing out of the auditorium as fast as their legs can take them the moment the bell rings. You and Remilia, as usual, end up cleaning the blackboard together - her starting on the left side and you on the right, to save time and effort. Well, to save her effort; you've had to clean the auditorium yourself all this time, and it's not exactly small either. That aside, you eventually meet in the middle, the blackboard sparkling clean and your hands stinking of chalky water. Ugh. While waiting for you to finish washing your hands at the conveniently-located sink in the small back room of the auditorium, so she can get at the soap and water herself, Remilia gives you a bit of a funny look; you can see it from behind yourself in the mirror.

"What is it, Remi? You're not still ma-..."

"No, that's long since forgotten." A blunt answer, but she still looks disturbingly serious.
"...Tell me, what do you think of my sister?"

...huh?



[] She's nice, fun person and you're glad to be her friend.
[] She's a pretty cute girl.
-{} CHARM: Though, it seems Remilia is the sister who truly inherited the dazzling looks.
-{} JOKE: Though, it seems Remilia is the sister who truly inherited the dazzling looks.
[] It hasn't even been five days yet - to be honest, you don't know how you feel towards her.
[] Your feelings are yours alone and none of her business.
>> No. 92206
[X] She's nice, fun person and you're glad to be her friend.
>> No. 92207
[X] She's nice, fun person and you're glad to be her friend.
-[X] Doesn't hurt that she's cute too.
--[X] Or that her sister is cute either.

I like pretty girls.
>> No. 92208
[] She's nice, fun person, and pretty cute, too.
-{} CHARM: Though, it seems Remilia is the sister who truly inherited the dazzling looks.
>> No. 92212
>>92208
Also,
>"You'd best not believe all you hear or read about vampires. I happen to -like- cross imagery, for example..." As she says this, she draws a little cross on your chest with her fingertips. Her face is so close to yours right now, you could probably...

Charming Remi is the way to go, she's clearly interested in us so this will definitely get us back in her good books.
>> No. 92213
[X] She's nice, fun person and you're glad to be her friend.
-[X] Doesn't hurt that she's cute too.
--[X] Or that her sister is cute either.
>> No. 92214
[x] She's nice, fun person and you're glad to be her friend.
-[x] Doesn't hurt that she's cute too.
--[x] Or that her sister is cute either.
>> No. 92215
[x] She's nice, fun person and you're glad to be her friend.
-[x] Doesn't hurt that she's cute too.
--[x] Or that her sister is cute either.
>> No. 92216
[x] She's nice, fun person and you're glad to be her friend.
-[x] Doesn't hurt that she's cute too.
--[x] Or that her sister is cute either.
>> No. 92221
[X] She's nice, fun person and you're glad to be her friend.
-[X] Doesn't hurt that she's cute too.
--[X] Or that her sister is cute either.

TL note: Keikaku means plan
>> No. 92222
[x] She's nice, fun person and you're glad to be her friend.
-[x] Doesn't hurt that she's cute too.
--[x] Or that her sister is cute either.
>> No. 92226
I wonder how Remilia is going to feel and react after she learns that we've been treating her and Flandre (and everyone else) like normal people even though we've since learned they are anything but. She is definitely straining herself in regards to Flandre's condition and situation, particularly her bedroom it seems. She has joked and hinted about it before, but I doubt Remi would ever bring it up seriously with us unless she absolutely had to. That said, I wonder if it would be prudent to gently let her know we are quite aware of the situation and that it hasn't caused us to behave any differently. It would probably be best to say as much during a quiet moment with just the two of us and when we have the chance to comment on our relationship. Kinda like now, come to think of it. My vote would look something like
>[X] She's a nice, fun person and you're glad to be her friend.
>-[X] Doesn't hurt that she's cute too.
>--[X] Or that her sister is cute either.
>---[X] In fact, are all vampires this cute? Sparkly is right out on principle alone, but vampirism and cuteness is certainly agreeable.

I'd vote, but I'm a couple drinks in this evening and I don't want to start shitting up this story with my musings. All things considered, it would probably be prudent to bring up our awareness of the situation during our weekend trip to the mansion and over tea; probably be best to let Remi (and the rest of the SDM) know when she is in her environment and very comfortable. I only bring it up now because I can see Remilia getting emotional/upset/concerned over a comment that can be interpreted to me "I like you and your sister, but that's only because I don't know you both are blood drinking monsters."
>> No. 92227
>>92226

The point of telling Patchouli to say hi to everyone at the mansion and wanting to go back was for her to let them know we know.

Though, maybe Patchouli never told them?
>> No. 92229
>>92159
Suddenly, Onani Master Kurosawa
>> No. 92230
>>92227
Well, assuming you mean the vote that resulted from >>91377 and >>91378, I am personally hard pressed to read into the situation of any explicit/implicit intention informing Remilia and the rest of the SDM. I think the reluctance of discussing Flan's living conditions, at the least, would inform people that Remi is taking some extreme measures to account for Flan's abilities.
>> No. 92250
[x] She's nice, fun person and you're glad to be her friend.
-[x] Doesn't hurt that she's cute too.
--[x] Or that her sister is cute either.
>> No. 92251
[X] She's nice, fun person and you're glad to be her friend.
-[X] Doesn't hurt that she's cute too.
--[X] Or that her sister is cute either.
>> No. 92252
[X] She's nice, fun person and you're glad to be her friend.
-[X] Doesn't hurt that she's cute too.
--[X] Or that her sister is cute either.
>> No. 92255
File 124932436168.png - (156.92KB , 575x521 , 35422010f974f64bcf9f3a0caca6db60.png ) [iqdb]
92255
Remilia patiently waits for you, while you take your time and finish washing your hands - and pondering what she just asked you. What you think of Flandre, huh? You can't help but wonder why exactly she would ask you such a question, all of a sudden. After all, wasn't she the one who initially asked you to try becoming friends with Flandre? What's this about, then?

"Hm, well..." You stall for a bit, drying your hands while trying to formulate a sentence - not an easy task when you're asked to put your feelings towards a girl you've met five days ago into words. Why you just chose to use the word 'girl' as opposed to 'person' in your head, you're not quite sure. Still... you like Flandre, don't you?
"I think she's fun to be around. She seems to me like a genuinely nice person, and is helpful and caring. How to say this best... I'm glad to be her friend."

Remilia's face almost seems to lighten up just a little bit, although that raised eyebrow of hers still bothers you somewhat. Whate else is there to say?
"I guess... It doesn't hurt that she's cute, too." She really is, though. Although, you're not quite sure if you find Flandre cute in the 'cute kid' sense, or, well, as a girl. The eyebrow is lowered, and... is she smiling, just slightly? At that kind of line?
Come to think of it... "Or that her sister is cute, either." ...That just slipped out right then and there, while you were looking at her reflection in the mirror. (Wait, aren't vampires not supposed to have reflections?)

Her facial expression temporarily shifts to something you could only describe as 'taken aback', before spreading into a smirk. Then a wide, toothy grin. Suddenly, she's right beside you (and awfully close to boot), peering at you through narrowed eyes, still grinning in a greatly amused manner.
"Hmmm, what's this, then? You wouldn't happen to be using your relationship with my sister just to get close to me, now would you?"

"Tsk, there you go making fun of me aga-... Wait, relationship?" Just what is this girl getting at?

She bursts into laughter - for real, this time, none of that DOHOHOHOHOHO~ fake noblewoman laughter - before shoving you out of the way to wash her own hands.
"You're pretty cute yourself, when you're flustered and awkward like this~" Before you can respond, she peeks at you over her shoulder. "Don't read too much into that comment; funny animals could be called 'pretty cute' too, you know." Deciding you've been toyed with enough, you decide to leave the giggling vampire to her business, heading out of the back room and the auditorium to gather your thoughts.

"Ah, good, could you speak with me a second?" Keine's voice calls out to you before you can exit, prompting you to turn around; she's casually preparing for the next lesson, bringing out necessary materials and the like from inside her desk, while gesturing for you to come closer with one hand. Well, best not keep the teacher waiting... You close the door again, walking over to her while wondering what this could be about. She looks over at the back room (how long can that girl wash her hands?), before leaning closer to whisper to you: "I heard from miss Knowledge that Remilia skipped school yesterday... Is everything alright with her?"

"Oh, yes, she just... wasn't feeling well, but she's better now." And that topic just keeps getting brought up, doesn't it.

"Ah, I see - well, that's a relief, then." Her face gradually starts taking on a more scary look, again, as she continues gazing towards the little back room... With a light smirk, she continues. "For a moment, I had thought the high-born Remilia Scarlet still thought she's too good for this school." Her expression softening considerably, she then turns to face you once more. "I'm glad to know this isn't the case, though. She's your friend, right?" You nod.
"Well then, please take good care of her... and make sure she studies hard. It would be a shame for her to remain a spoiled, uneducated girl, whose idea of social interaction is 'humoring the peasants', wouldn't you agree?" You don't answer, figuring that was a rhetorical question.
"It's not that I think badly of her, but... She has difficulties interacting with other people on an equal level, and I hope we - me, you, and the other students - can help her with this."

Unable to think of a proper response, you simply stand there, the two of you linked by eye contact for a few very long seconds - until Remilia exits the back room, apparently finally pleased with how clean her hands are. Catching sight of you, the does that quick tiptoe-walk of hers to you, grabbing you by your sleeve and dragging you out of the auditorium; as she starts talking to you about what sorts of activities you could do this weekend, you weakly wave to Keine before being pulled around the corner. You swear she was laughing softly to herself before she vanished from your line of sight.

Well, this isn't that bad either. Even though you barely get a chance to say anything other than "Oh?" or "Nice" while Remilia talks your ear off about how she's turned one side of her little island into a private beach, about how you really need to see her garden, and various other things, it really does feel nice to be back in her good graces, her being able to talk to you comfortably like this again. Her normal very liberal sense of personal space has returned as well, to the point you're slightly concerned about anyone seeing her coiling herself around you excitedly like this and getting the wrong idea.

Eventually, the bell rings to signal the start of the next lesson - music history. Once again, something you're pretty much already knowledgeable about. Still, you try your best not to attract attention, deciding to keep your mouth shut this time. One girl in particular seems strangely excited about the subject, and while her knowledge on famous composers and works of the outside world is about as comically lacking as that of everyone else in this school (well, Remi seems to know a thing or two), she does look like the only one here actually interested in learning more.
Wait, isn't that the girl Rumia was whispering with suspiciously the other day? You'll have to keep alert for those two, just in case.

Another lesson done and over with. Another break. Like an avalanche of arms and legs, the students press themselves out of the narrow door to the auditorium, yelling at one another to get out of the way and to stop trodding on their feet. Where's the rush? You find out after exiting the auditorium yourself, overhearing four girls talking to each other over to the side - three from your class, and the feather-eared winged girl Rumia's apparently friends with. They're talking about club activities - to be specific, your three classmates seem to be members of the light music club, attempting to recruit the other girl since they need a vocalist and guitar player. Rumia's friend seems to be rejecting the offer with apologies, due to not knowing how to play a guitar, only to be met with further encouraging persuasion.



[] Go and stick your nose in other peoples' business.
-{} Talk to the winged girl.
-{} Talk to the girls from your class.
[] Clubs, huh... Maybe you ought to go see what Flandre is up to. You might have been neglecting her in favor of her sister, today.
[] Where's Remilia gone off to, anyway? Go find her.
[] Go pay Reisen a visit - she's helping out in the nurse's office during breaks, right?
[] Go do something else entirely.
>> No. 92256
[X] Clubs, huh... Maybe you ought to go see what Flandre is up to. You might have been neglecting her in favor of her sister, today.

This is two-fold. First, we get to hang with Flan. Second, Cirno might be there, too.

Then again, trying to get on the good side of Rumia's friend might not be a bad idea, itself, especially if you can use music as a common interest in some way...
>> No. 92258
[x] Clubs, huh... Maybe you ought to go see what Flandre is up to. You might have been neglecting her in favor of her sister, today.
>> No. 92259
[X] Go pay Reisen a visit - she's helping out in the nurse's office during breaks, right?

I would vote for Flan, but aren't the clubs after school? This is the second break and we still didn't have lunch.
>> No. 92261
[x] Find Remilia and Flandre and go together to the club.
>> No. 92262
[X] Clubs, huh... Maybe you ought to go see what Flandre is up to. You might have been neglecting her in favor of her sister, today.

Flandre+Cirno fuck yeah
>> No. 92263
[x] Go and stick your nose in other peoples' business.
-{x} Talk to the winged girl.

We should expand our horizons and meet new people. We have the weekend with Remi and Flan coming up to look forward to.
>> No. 92264
[X] Clubs, huh... Maybe you ought to go see what Flandre is up to. You might have been neglecting her in favor of her sister, today.

Why not
>> No. 92265
[X] Go and stick your nose in other peoples' business.
-{X} Talk to the winged girl.

Clubs themselves are an after school thing, and Flan doesn't need constant supervision. It might even be good to let her interact with Cirno a little on her own, to let her learn for herself how to get along with other people, and how to be a little more outgoing.

For now, let's expand our base of friends a little. We can go encourage Mystia to join the music club - mention that she looked like she enjoyed music, so it would be a good opportunity, that sort of thing. Give her some reassurance - if she doesn't know how to play guitar, or try something else like singing. Hell, we can even offer to help her learn how to play guitar.

Plus one friend for us, minus one conspirator for Rumia.
>> No. 92266
[X] Clubs, huh... Maybe you ought to go see what Flandre is up to. You might have been neglecting her in favor of her sister, today.
>> No. 92268
[x] Go pay Reisen a visit - she's helping out in the nurse's office during breaks, right?
>> No. 92269
[X] Go and stick your nose in other peoples' business.
-{X} Talk to the winged girl.
>> No. 92270
You know, I should come out and say this now, just because otherwise it'll bother me. Anon is doing the same thing here that they do so often: focusing on the first girl they meet to the detriment of the others. It's way too limiting.

There's nothing wrong with having a favorite, but constantly only interacting with them is incredibly boring. Real relationships don't work with total exclusivity, they just end up smothering. People have more than one friend.

Plus, it'll just hurt us in the long run. Limiting yourself like this just means that if your one friend ever gets upset with you, you won't have very good support to get back in her good graces. It also means that if you run into something that your one friend can't help you with, you're S.O.L.

Basically, look at it like this: we're being presented with an opportunity that's time sensitive. This could well be our only chance to get a foot in the door with Mystia and the Prismrivers, because eventually the sisters might just give up on her. Flan will always be there, and in fact she's going to be there later today - it won't hurt to wait on her just a little, and it could reap us some genuine benefits. She's not going to be offended by us helping someone else during a break, and the more friends we make, the more friends we can introduce to her. Think a little, and don't just blindly vote for one person without considering things; you'll miss out, sometimes even on your focus character, if you ignore everyone but one person.
>> No. 92271
[X] Go do something else entirely.
-[X] Go ask Keine about that student that STILL hasn't shown up.
>> No. 92272
[x] Go and stick your nose in other peoples' business.
-{x} Talk to the winged girl.
>> No. 92273
[X] Go and stick your nose in other peoples' business.
-{X} Talk to the winged girl.
>> No. 92274
>>92270
Very true. Disregard this one:
>>92262

[X] Go and stick your nose in other peoples' business.
-{X} Talk to the winged girl.
>> No. 92275
>>92270

Beautiful.

[X] Go and stick your nose in other peoples' business.
-{X} Talk to the winged girl.
>> No. 92276
[x] Go and stick your nose in other peoples' business.
-{x} Talk to the winged girl.
>> No. 92277
>>92270
True, but keep in mind Rumia was talking to her, presumably about eating us. And Mystia probably is a man eater as well. I'd say the Prismrivers would be more likely to help us because of that, although they'd probably also want us to help, and it's a bit late for that.

There's always the moon bunny though~
>> No. 92278
>>92277

Well, I'm just saying that focusing entirely on one character isn't helpful. If you think pursuing Reisen would be more sensible at this junction, then by all means do so.

That said, I think that Mystia's connection to Rumia is actually a reason to talk with her and try to help her out. Remember that Mystia runs a business - she's already used to treating humans as more than food - and if we're generally nice and helpful to her, she may become reluctant to help Rumia hurt us. She might even give us warnings about Rumia.

Plus, the first step to befriending Rumia, or at least minimizing her ability to harm us, is to take away her support and attack options.
>> No. 92279
>>92278
>she's already used to treating humans as more than food
Bear in mind that she is tricking them to make them buy from her.

>Well, I'm just saying that focusing entirely on one character isn't helpful
Yep, you have a point (although we're focusing on 2).

>Plus, the first step to befriending Rumia, or at least minimizing her ability to harm us, is to take away her support and attack options.
But that I think it just impossible. I don't think befriendly someone who views eating people as an occupation will work very well. And I don't think it'll be easy to chisel into their friendship, especially when you're just a human.
>> No. 92280
>>Bear in mind that she is tricking them to make them buy from her.
Business 101.

[+] Go and stick your nose in other peoples' business.
-{+} Talk to the winged girl.
>> No. 92281
>>92279
>Bear in mind that she is tricking them to make them buy from her.

True, but she still receives a tangible benefit from us being alive if we're helpful and kind to her. It's natural to move from valuing benefits to valuing people when you spend enough time with them.

>But that I think it just impossible. I don't think befriendly someone who views eating people as an occupation will work very well.

A fair point, but even if we're not befriending her, minimizing her ability to hurt us is still a priority.

>And I don't think it'll be easy to chisel into their friendship, especially when you're just a human.

We don't need to ruin their friendship, though. We just need to make Mystia unwilling to go along with killing us, and all that requires is getting her to place value on our life. If we befriend Mystia, which is markedly easier than befriending Rumia, then that alone should cause Mystia to want us alive.
>> No. 92282
[X] Go and stick your nose in other peoples' business.
-{X} Talk to the winged girl.
>> No. 92283
File 124933838061.jpg - (106.72KB , 640x480 , end07c.jpg ) [iqdb]
92283
[x] Go and stick your nose in other peoples' business.
-{x} Talk to the winged girl.

>>92278
If we're going by canon, Mystia's PoFV ending has her hanging around the shrine with Reimu and Marisa, who just complain about her singing. If she was known to attack people for food, I strongly doubt they would be cool with that.
>> No. 92284
[x] Go and stick your nose in other peoples' business.
-{x} Talk to the winged girl.

She can't play guitar? She can learn.

And who knows, maybe our own musical talent extends beyond mere dalliance? If they want to rock, they're going to need a drummer.
>> No. 92286
[X] Clubs, huh... Maybe you ought to go see what Flandre is up to. You might have been neglecting her in favor of her sister, today.
>> No. 92287
>>92278
I think we can pursue both Reisen and Mystia as friends. We've got enough of a foundation with Reisen now that we don't need an excuse to approach her, and at the pace things are going we've got enough time in a day to spend time with both of them and still get plenty of Flan and Remi in.

[X] Go and stick your nose in other peoples' business.
- {x} Talk to the winged girl.
>> No. 92297
>>92287

We can pursue anyone as a friend.

[x] Go and stick your nose in other peoples' business.
-{x} Talk to the winged girl.
>> No. 92300
File 124935537226.png - (13.89KB , 300x350 , c2cfe060b7240b5bb73f52ac7e08df10.png ) [iqdb]
92300
Let's summarize what we know, so far. You're going to a highschool for youkai - supernatural creatures with powers far beyond those of humans. One youkai in particular has apparently set her heart on eating you. Said youkai - Rumia - has been foiled twice now, most probably adding a more vengeful motive to her actions. This winged youkai girl (what is she meant to be, a harpy or something?) appears to be Rumia's friend, and they've been glaring at you and trading suspicious whispers for a while now.

It's pretty obvious that they're plotting against you, and there's a chance this winged girl has a taste for human flesh as well. You're (hopefully) safe as long as you're at school, and she doesn't look as impulsive as Rumia, but´it wouldn't hurt to maintain caution.

Wait. Better idea. If you want to make yourself safe from Rumia, then what better way than to befriend her ally? If you can get on the winged girl's good side, maybe she can persuade Rumia not to kill you; or, at the very least, not assist her in doing so. You're not exactly in a position for more offensive tactics - until you learn to adequately defend yourself, all you've got to rely on are your charms. Music, huh... Well, you've got a common interest there, of sorts. Here goes nothing, then. Trying to look as casual and friendly as possible, you approach the girls.
"Hey there."

...well, not as smooth as you had planned, but trying too hard tends to be even worse. Your presence now announced, and their conversation interrupted, the four girls turn to face you.
Your classmates - the Prismriver sisters - strike you as incredibly different from one another, both from their manner of speaking just before you interjected, and their appearance. The first one your eyes glance over has a stoic, calm, if a little depressed-feeling look to her, blonde hair with golden eyes. The second, hopping from one foot to another, looks both energetic and bored at the same time, making funny faces at you, light blue hair and blue eyes; she's kinda scary, somehow. The third one, hanging back behind her sisters, yawns lazily without paying much attention to anything, brown hair with dark eyes.
And finally, you come to-...

Hey where'd she go.

You catch a brief glimpse of a pair of wings disappearing behind a corner in the distance. Shit, what the hell? Politely excusing yourself to the Prismrivers and receiving some funny looks, you start walking after her. Then, after a fair distance, you start powerwalking. Then, once you reach the corner, you run after her. What the hell are you doing? Well, you did intend to speak with the girl, but why on earth would she run from you like this? It's not like you're a particular threat... Ah, there she is, and by the looks of it she's much worse at running than she might be at flying - even you can catch up to her. With all this exertion, even you might end up eventually building some muscle mass during your stay in Gensokyo...

"Hey, wait up!" Gah, why are these hallways so long? This school building is far too large for this amount of students, and most of the classrooms aren't even usable yet. She's almost to the exit... You're not going to catch her. You slow down to a halt - last resort, a shot in the dark.
"Can you sing?"
The Prismrivers were specifically asking her to take up both positions as vocalist and lead guitarist, yet she only denied her ability to play the guitar - not even a hint of modesty towards her singing abilities. Maybe you can strike a nerve of pride.

And it actually seems to have worked - the girl stops right before the front door of the school. Clenching her fists tightly, she ever-so-slowly turns around, glaring knives at you as if you had just kicked her puppy - she looks so offended by the question that you haven't ever even seen Remilia make such a face during her theatrics.

"Can... I... sing!? What, are you dense? Are you retarded or something? I'm a goddamn night sparrow!" To her credit, even her speaking voice has a rather pleasing, flowing melody to it, despite the nasty language being hurled at you. It's something you noticed earlier in class, too - it almost sounds like she's singing while speaking, yet not to a point where it would seem weird or distracting. "My voice is so be~a~utiful, I could make the heavens weep! I could charm a raging dragon with an improvised ballad! I could..."
She continues on and on, yet you find yourself less occupied with actually listening to what she's talking about, and more with enjoying the sound of her voice - like a flowing river of music, streaming through your ears. It's a shame she's probably as much of a dunce as Rumia, though - not only does she have a great voice, but she looks rather cute as well. Her hair is a shade of pink, though not neon-bright; a more 'natural' tone, if that makes any sense for pink hair at all, and her eyes are a soft brown. Those pointy feathery ears don't even strike you as that odd anymore - you're used to stuff like that by now. And as your eyes inadvertently travel downwards... Hoo boy, grade A Zettai Ryouiki. This girl makes thigh-highs look GOOD.

...anyway, you'd best shake yourself from these thoughts before she figures out you're not actually listening.
"Well then, how about a demonstration?"
>> No. 92301
File 124935539019.jpg - (390.80KB , 600x800 , 6cd7cec11254e6e713b16eeaf9195698.jpg ) [iqdb]
92301
She immediately stays quiet, blinking at you in an incredulous manner.
"You... You actually -want- to hear me sing? Serious?"

"Of course, why wouldn't I? I think your speaking voice is lovely already, I'm rather curious how you sound when singing."
She hesitates for a while, before nodding to herself, fist held up with determination; you swear she just muttered a quiet 'yosh!' to herself. Taking a moment to prepare herself, she clasps her hands together on her chest, closing her eyes. Here it comes... she opens her mouth, and begins.

And everything fades to black. The lighting in the hallways hasn't been installed yet; does it usually get this dark in this part of the school? No... It's the song. It enthralls you, yet also locks the world out of your vision. It's only you and the melody of the girl's singing, vibrating past you in pleasant harmony. This... this is nice. The fact that you're freaking blind doesn't even bother you much, as long as you can keep on listening. And listening...

You lose your sense of time long before she finishes. Has it been but a few moments, or ten minutes? An hour, a day? You can't tell. As silence floods the dark world you're in, a feeling of nervousness hits you, paving the way for panic - you still can't see a damn thing. Right before you manage to freak out completely, you hear a soft gasp.

"Oh, s-sorry, I forgot to... Er, that should fix it." And just as suddenly as it disappeared, the world reappears before your eyes, along with the strange winged girl, a mixed look of concern and disdain on her pretty face.

"Er... Sorry about that, I... Don't you dare tell Keine about this!" You can't tell if she's being apologetic or threatening; in any case, she quickly dashes past you, back towards the auditorium - that's right, the next lesson is about to start. Before disappearing from sight, she stops, looking back over her shoulder, pulling her wings closer to her body so they don't block her sight of you.
"...Did you like it?"

"...Yeah. Was it good for you, too?"

"...Yeah."

"Why did you decline the offer to join the light music club?"

She jolts in surprise, before staring into the wall angrily. "...don't eavesdrop on people."

"I could teach you, you know." She looks to you, confusion plain on her face. "How to play a guitar. You like music, don't you? With a voice like that, you'd make a brilliant addition to any band. If you don't feel up to the challenge because you can't play an instrument, I can help you with that."
She opens her mouth, but words don't come out. And with that, she vanishes behind the corner. Crap, you didn't even get to ask her for her name! Or why she was running from you in the first place... Ah well. Maybe you can talk to her again later. In any case, you'd best head back to the auditorium.

The next lesson passes you by so fast that you can't even recall what it was, except that you got reprimanded by Patchouli once or twice for not paying attention. Your mind is all over the place. It looks like every single new girl you talk to is... complicated. How unpleasable a man truly is - he finds 'normal' women dull, yet girls like this turn out not to be all fun and moe in real life. In fact, it's a little exhausting... Oh well. You've gotten used to the prospect of going to a school full of monsters that could eat you if they caught you out in the dark, personality quirks should be a piece of cake to adjust to.

The lesson ends with Patchouli reciting a long list of homework tasks in complete monotone, which you write down - huh, so it was English. Guess you didn't miss much, now did you? Anyway, time for lunch; you actually packed something for yourself, today, so you won't have to mooch off the Scarlet sisters this time.



[] Eat by yourself.
[] Eat with someone. (?)
>> No. 92303
>>She opens her mouth, but words don't come out. And with that, she vanishes behind the corner.

No matter. The seeds have been sown. It is only a matter of time...
So, for now, moonbunny.

[x] Eat with Reisen.
>> No. 92304
[X] Eat with Keine.
>> No. 92306
Excellent. We're on our way, now. We should bring in a guitar or something and practice with it a little during the break or during lunch; Mystia is a little flighty, but there's definite interest here - we might have an easier time attracting her this way than we would approaching her directly. Not to say we shouldn't try the direct approach as well, but every little bit helps.

Anyway, onto lunch.

[X] Eat with Keine.
- [X] As a Class Rep™, you should probably set an example and ask about that perpetually truant girl.

I still long for an illicit romantic relationship with our lovely, lovely teacher.
>> No. 92307
[x] Eat with Reisen.
>> No. 92308
File 124935711471.png - (49.03KB , 199x286 , brofist.png ) [iqdb]
92308
>>92306

[!/] Eat with Keine.

>I still long for an illicit romantic relationship with our lovely, lovely teacher.
>> No. 92311
[X] Eat Keine.
>> No. 92312
[x] Eat with Rumia.

We've been overdue for another encounter with her since the incident at night. Plus we now presumably have some small measure of protection from Mystia, as well as that she's most likely scared of Keine and Flan and would probably realise that eating us would not get her in their good books.
>> No. 92313
[X] Eat with Keine.
>> No. 92314
>[X] Eat with Keine.

WHAT
WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

[X] Eat with Flandre

I'll stick to A) a classmate and B) someone I already know.
>> No. 92315
[X] Eat with Keine.
- [X] As a Class Rep™, you should probably set an example and ask about that perpetually truant girl.

Moko-tan NEEDS to come to school
>> No. 92316
>>92314
>someone I already know.

She's our teacher, dude. We even had a relatively intimate encounter. What have you been reading?

Flan comes after school, when we go for our club. She'll also be there with us all weekend.
>> No. 92317
[x] Eat with Reisen.
>> No. 92319
[x] Eat with Reisen.

We seem to have one-on-one conversations with Keine about twice a day already.
>> No. 92320
[x] Find Remilia and Flandre. You're going to try something, and you want them to play along.
[x] Find Rumia. Keep an insane grin plastered on your face at all times.
-[x] Slam your tray or books down on the table near her to grab her attention and that of everyone else in the room.
-[x] Loudly, mimicking her first conversation with you, "Oh, it's awake! This is going to be the best lunch I've had in ages!"
-[x] Sit down right next to her, close enough so that you are almost touching. Motion for Remilia and Flandre to sit on the other side and directly across from her if possible.
-[x] Unceremoniously take her packed lunch if she has one and rifle through it. "What does a Rumia pack for lunch I wonder, I wonder? Liver? Fava beans? A nice Chianti?" Shrug and slide it back to her when you're done. "I think I'd prefer to eat my own meal rather than eating someone... else's."
-[x] "Well then, I'm digging in!" Eat voraciously and chew your food with your mouth open. Encourage Flandre and Remilia to do the same.
-[x] If Rumia gets up to leave first: "Are you done already? If your food isn't palatable or filling, I'm sure Flan would be perfectly happy to share some of her lunch with you. Nothing beats a home-cooked meal I assure you! Oh..." To the others, "Does she have a home?"
-[x] If you get up to leave first: "Well this was very nice. We really should do lunch more often. See? Vampires can be very peaceable as long as you don't touch their meals without asking. Oh, that reminds me, Rumia: What was your family name again?"

The problem with being a bully is that there's always a bigger bully.

I wonder if Rumia can feel shame?
>> No. 92321
File 124936410053.jpg - (109.34KB , 589x550 , awesomerumia.jpg ) [iqdb]
92321
>>92320
I don't really get how this will stop her wanting to kill us.
>> No. 92323
>>92320
Rumia and serious introspection go together like butter yo-yo and quadratic flute.
>> No. 92326
[x] Eat with Reisen.
>> No. 92328
[X] Eat with Reisen

It's been a bit of a while, and you might find out if those pills are the right type or not.

And we do have a Vampire cutie-filled weekend coming up.

On the matter of Mokou, I think the notion of going to school would be rather humilating for someone who's been alive for over 1000 years, and the only way she'd come to school is if Kaguya was there.... but then the school would get damaged in one of their fights.
>> No. 92329
[x] Eat by yourself.

Emo Option
>> No. 92330
[x] Eat with Reisen.

Oh god, my targeting system is down.
>> No. 92331
>>92328
Not just that, it would be embarrassing for her to be taught by Keine. Not to mention that she would have to wear skirts as part of her uniform...

[x] Eat with Reisen.
We will be with Remi and Flan the whole weekend, we interacted with Mystia, so we have to spend some time with the moonbunny.
>> No. 92335
[x] Eat with Reisen.
>> No. 92336
[x] Eat with Reisen.
>> No. 92337
>[x] Eat with Flandre.
We'll see her this weekend.

>[x] Eat with Rumia.
Still not ready are you, young Skywalker.

>[x] Eat with Keine.
Not a bad idea, actually, but it would be better if we avoided looking even more like a teacher's pet than we already do. Besides, Keine would look like she is playing favorites (again, more than she already does).

>[x] Eat with Reisen.
Nothing wrong with this. So I guess I'll go with--

>>Mokou
>>Not to mention that she would have to wear skirts as part of her uniform...

...

[x] Look for Mokou.
>> No. 92341
>Mokou
>Not to mention that she would have to wear skirts as part of her uniform...
GOOD LORD!
[X] Look for Mokou.
[X] Tear apart the school 'till you find her, if needed.
>> No. 92343
>>92337
>>92341

I'm not sure how you can expect to find someone you've never even seen before, let alone in just the time it takes before lunch break ends.
>> No. 92346
there's no way to search all of Gensokyo for Mokou in a lunch break (it's something better done on a day off or such that isn't occuplied otherwise) but this weekend is all about patchy teaching you mindbullets and fun with cute vampire sisters.

I wonder how some of the others got roped into the school thing like Komachi (Oh wait it's an excuse to nap)

Also on the Mokou matter she might think she doesn't need schooling since she's been living on her own for a good long time, and she even has a business already.
>> No. 92347
More importantly, we really ought to talk to Keine about it before we go searching for Mokou. Otherwise we have very little sensible impetus to actually do it, and we look like even bigger suck ups than we would if we had asked.
>> No. 92348
>>92343

You assume that the vote was based on a logical rationale.
>> No. 92352
[x] Eat with Reisen.
>> No. 92353
[X] Eat with Reisen.
>> No. 92359
[x] Eat with Reisen.
>> No. 92361
File 124942159372.jpg - (416.20KB , 800x800 , f8db8f4cc9721d7e06abe38e0cc9314c.jpg ) [iqdb]
92361
Getting some food in your system sounds like a really good idea about now. Good thing you remembered to pack something this morning! However, food always tastes better when eating with another person, doesn't it? Cycling through potential lunchtime partners through your head - why the hell did you just actually consider having lunch with Rumia, of all people? - you eventually decide Reisen deserves a break from her nurse-assistant duties every now and then. Grabbing your makeshift lunchbox, you exit the auditorium and head down the hall towards the nurse's office.

On the way, you notice a familiar sight - the Prismrivers, once again, heatedly trying to get the winged first-year girl to join their little group, and her still looking rather overwhelmed and unconfident about the whole thing. As you pass them by without looking, you can feel a pair of eyes drilling into the back of your skull for a brief moment. Just before you get out of audible range...
"...okay."

"Awesome! Now we just need to get you a guitar... Your boyfriend was going to teach you how to play one, right~?"

"...Don't eavesdrop on people. A-and he's not m-my..!"

Aaand you're going to pretend you didn't hear any of that. Eventually, you reach the door to the nurse's office. Two times you've been in there, and both times have been... well, awkward, to say the least. It's not that you don't want to spend some time with Reisen, but you're not exactly looking forward to facing whatever else goes on in there today. Wait, you hear voices from inside... Unable to resist your curiosity, you lean forward and press your ear against the door.

"...the princess has had a sufficient level of Lunarian education for her status. Further schooling for her is unnecessary."

"And I keep telling you this is unacceptable! You and I both know she's not a real princess anymore - she needs to stop being a shut-in and get a proper education, to adjust to and properly interact with the outside world."

"She has servants to interact with the outside world for her."

"That's..!"

You pull back from your eavesdropping, rather not risking the possibility of being detected, and patiently wait outside a minute or two, until the door opens. Out comes Keine, looking rather frustrated, marching off with a loud tapping of feet without even noticing your presence. Maybe it's best not to ask... In any case, you cautiously open the door, peeking inside; no sign of the head nurse, she must be in the back room. You see Reisen nearby, organizing some random items - bottles of various medicine, packs of band-aids, boxes of pills for various ailments, and a suspiciously large case of syringes. Somewhat innerving.

"Yo." She turns her head at your casual greeting, offering you a friendly smile.

"Oh, hi there! How are you feeling today?" Her ears droop a little lower for a moment, as she looks left and right nervously, before walking a bit closer and whispering to you:
"Hey, uh... You didn't take any of those pills I gave you, right?"

Suspicious. "I didn't feel the need to... Why do you ask?"

An even more nervous laugh. "Ah, hehehe... Well, it turns out they're potent enough to knock you out for at least a day... I really should have asked Master about it first, I'm really sorry..."
Looks like you narrowly avoided falling into a coma for a day, there... Still, while she looks incredibly apologetic - her eyes are even getting slightly watery - you know very well she didn't mean any harm.

"It's okay - I'm here right now, aren't I?"
She runs a finger across one eye to dry it, before smiling once more with a nod.
"By the way - wanna take a break for lunch? You do eat lunch when at school, right?"
Her silence says it all.
"Look, you're taking a short break and coming to have lunch with me, and that's that. You can't just starve here, y'know? It's not healthy, and what kind of example would you be giving as a nurse's assistant if you collapse from malnourishment?"
Your words seem to have the desired effect - she takes a moment to think it over, before nodding again.

"Alright! Just, give me a moment to go and change..."
As she skips off towards the back room, her words make you think back on what you saw the other day... No, bad, bad. Mustn't think dirty thoughts, at least not when not in private. After a few moments, the bunny-girl comes back out, wearing her school uniform - regardless of potential fetish appeal, it suits her much better than the nurse outfit. The two of you decide to spend the break outside, sitting on a small bench on school territory. Naturally, it turns out she doesn't have any lunch with her, so you end up sharing your own humble lunchbox with her, dismissing her rapid apologies and letting her have the majority despite her protests.

"Relax, I'm used to eating light - you're not used to eating during lunch break at all, so it's only fair, right?" She nods lightly, taking another bite out of your dinner-leftovers from yesterday. Not the most luxurious meal, but at least it's filling. While eating, you chat about this and that, unimportant things just for the sake of conversation, but that's kind of nice too - she strikes you as one of the more normal girls in your school, so idle chat with her is rather relaxing after a week of dealing with capricious vampires and little man-eating girls.
"By the way... You seem awful tired at mornings. Are you this busy at home, too?"

She looks a little uncomfortable after that question. "Ah, heh, well... I've got certain duties, yes. But it's not that bad... It feels good to see things get done, and to know you've done your part in it all." Not all that convincing, but you're not going to pry. Still, you get a sneaking suspicion that the poor girl has to do most if not all the work there is to be done both at school and at home. She could certainly use some rest sometime soon. If you weren't already going to be occupied this weekend, maybe you could've offered to... to what? Ask her out? You don't even know her that well yet, but you feel rather comfortable around her; that is, whenever you're not making eye contact with her. That still always bothers you for some reason, on the inside.
>> No. 92362
File 124942161539.jpg - (118.49KB , 600x600 , 74ba0d396df9e2547c911f14cae7aa7f.jpg ) [iqdb]
92362
After lunch break ends, the two of you walk back together, still making casual small-talk about minor topics such as the ridiculously hot weather. She's certainly a nice, easy to talk to person. As you enter the auditorium, however, you notice something odd from the corner of your eye - the Prismrivers were chattering amongst themselves before, yet they immediately fell silent, sending suspicious glances in your direction after your arrival. So does Mystia, over from the first-year section of the room. What is this awkward feeling..? In any case, Reisen goes over to her lonesome desk, and you go take your seat next to Flandre, still feeling those eyes trailing you as the girls start whispering even more furiously. Well, whatever.

The next lesson is the obligatory daily math, though unusually enough given by Patchouli, rather than Keine. While Flandre doesn't seem to mind you using her as a huma-... er, youkai calculator, you should probably go back to Kourindou sometime and check if there's one for sale there. Until then, the blonde little girl to your side with a gift for understanding numbers will have to suffice, regardless of how guilty you feel for relying on her like this every single math lesson. You can't help but notice Remilia sending amused glances towards the two of you from over her shoulder every now and then, too.

*ding-dong*

And just like that that, the school week is pretty much over. As you tidy up the auditorium, cursing the first-years for leaving their desks in such a messy arrangement, you ponder your next course of action.



[] It's after school - time for club activities and the like, right?
-{} Go check out if there's any activity going on with that book club of yours; you've been somewhat passive towards it, haven't you?
-{} Go see what the girls in the light music club are up to - regardless of you not being a member, you wonder if they sound any good.
[] Go see if anyone else you know (?) is still around, maybe you can walk them home - you're not busy today.
[] Go kill time somewhere else entirely.
[] Just go home. The day's been eventful enough as it is.
>> No. 92363
[] It's after school - time for club activities and the like, right?
-{} Go check out if there's any activity going on with that book club of yours; you've been somewhat passive towards it, haven't you?

Jin is a founder after all.
>> No. 92364
[X] It's after school - time for club activities and the like, right?
-{X} Go see what the girls in the light music club are up to - regardless of you not being a member, you wonder if they sound any good.

On the one hand, I'd like to drop in with Flandre and see how the club is going. On the other hand, starting tomorrow we'll be spending about two full days at her side, and I'm awful curious about just what the Prismrivers and Mystia are thinking. We'd best clear up any misconceptions they have before something happens.
>> No. 92366
[] It's after school - time for club activities and the like, right?
-{} Go check out if there's any activity going on with that book club of yours; you've been somewhat passive towards it, haven't you?

Being a founder and not participating? That's not how to be a responsible and respectable member of society.
>> No. 92368
[X] It's after school - time for club activities and the like, right?
-{X} Go see what the girls in the light music club are up to - regardless of you not being a member, you wonder if they sound any good.
>> No. 92370
[X] Go find Mokou

will not rest until mokou is found
>> No. 92371
[x] It's after school - time for club activities and the like, right?
-{x} Go check out if there's any activity going on with that book club of yours; you've been somewhat passive towards it, haven't you?
>> No. 92373
[X] It's after school - time for club activities and the like, right?
-{X} Go see what the girls in the light music club are up to - regardless of you not being a member, you wonder if they sound any good.
>> No. 92374
[x] It's after school - time for club activities and the like, right?
-[x] Go check out if there's any activity going on with that book club of yours; you've been somewhat passive towards it, haven't you?
>> No. 92375
[x] It's after school - time for club activities and the like, right?
-{x} Go check out if there's any activity going on with that book club of yours; you've been somewhat passive towards it, haven't you?
>> No. 92376
[X] It's after school - time for club activities and the like, right?
-[X] Go check out if there's any activity going on with that book club of yours; you've been somewhat passive towards it, haven't you?
>> No. 92377
[x] It's after school - time for club activities and the like, right?
-{x} Go check out if there's any activity going on with that book club of yours; you've been somewhat passive towards it, haven't you?

Come on guys, we founed it with Flandre and haven't gone to it for 2 days now. Even if we go to the mansion on weekends, we disappoint poor Flandre.
>> No. 92378
[x] It's after school - time for club activities and the like, right?
-{x} Go check out if there's any activity going on with that book club of yours; you've been somewhat passive towards it, haven't you?

We promised.
>> No. 92379
[x] Eat Reisen.
>> No. 92380
[] It's after school - time for club activities and the like, right?
-{} Go check out if there's any activity going on with that book club of yours; you've been somewhat passive towards it, haven't you?

I want to check in on Mystia but we've been neglecting Flan too much.
>> No. 92382
[x] It's after school - time for club activities and the like, right?
-{x} Go check out if there's any activity going on with that book club of yours; you've been somewhat passive towards it, haven't you?

Not so much for Flan, but Cirno; Flan's just a nice bonus.

Interesting how Keine was trying to get Kaguya to come to school... hard time for many reasons, one of which is pride, since it's insulting to some beings living over 100 years to come to something like school.

Reimu, Marisa- They're school age, so no harm there. (But I suspect Reimu's kinda irked by this)

Team 9- They sure can use it. (I wonder if Chen's in school or not)

For some it might be the matter of fun, others a chance to relax. And then there are those who refuse for various reasons... though it makes me wonder about the requirements to be considered in school, considing how there's folks easily over 100 (Komachi)

I mean why does Mokou have to go when Yukari doesn't? For all we know, Mokou's ditching with this thought in mind.

I think Yuyuko would have liked going, but the school cafeteria wouldn't be a match for her.
>> No. 92383
>>92382

Chen was getting picked up by Ran in the first thread.

And for all we know, Yukari is the principal or something.
>> No. 92384
[X] It's after school - time for club activities and the like, right?
-{X} Go check out if there's any activity going on with that book club of yours; you've been somewhat passive towards it, haven't you?

>>I mean why does Mokou have to go when Yukari doesn't?

Because aside from being old, Yukari is also possessed of the sort of superhuman intellect one would need in order to be able to warp and alter the very fabric of reality, and has probably forgotten more in a day than what scholars could possibly learn anything in an entire lifetime.

Mokou, on the other hand, is still more or less mentally human, and as neither her pre-Elixir life of being forbidden from going out in public to her post-Elixir life as an immortal hobo have likely given her much opportunity for education or developing the sort of social skills one typically acquires in school.

But of course, she probably wouldn't see it that way.
>> No. 92385
>>92380

Not that I'm opposed to going to the book club, but this just isn't true. Not spending every last waking moment at someone's side is not the same thing as neglecting them. Don't fall into that trap - the problems with it have been expounded upon already.
>> No. 92387
[] It's after school - time for club activities and the like, right?
-{} Go see what the girls in the light music club are up to - regardless of you not being a member, you wonder if they sound any good.
>> No. 92388
[] It's after school - time for club activities and the like, right?
-{} Go check out if there's any activity going on with that book club of yours; you've been somewhat passive towards it, haven't you?

Can't found a club and never attend. Plus we should see how Cirno's coping with reading.
>> No. 92389
>>Plus we should see how Cirno's coping with reading.

Would it be wrong of us to spoil things and tell her that he eats the green eggs and ham in the end?
>> No. 92390
>>92389
You...

monster.
>> No. 92392
>>92389
That never happened. Green eggs and ham don't exist.

http://www.touhouproject.com/th/Sam_I_Am_does_not_physically_exist_and_is_only_a_delusion_of_the_main_character_brought_on_by_something
>> No. 92393
>>92392
That's not red.
>> No. 92394
File 124944367883.jpg - (175.88KB , 666x800 , 06ab932b6f364c565eca160b103768b3.jpg ) [iqdb]
92394
>>92393
It's blue, motherfucker.
>> No. 92395
>>92392
Next I suppose you'll expect us to believe the green color of the eggs and ham isn't real, and was actually caused by something as silly as small dye bombs.
Right, Anoooonymoooooooooooooous?
>> No. 92396
File 124944509637.png - (63.02KB , 853x480 , 1249164833376.png ) [iqdb]
92396
>>92395
>> No. 92397
>>92395
Devil's proof. I don't have to explain a thing.

The question is whether you can overturn my blue truth with your red treasured sword.
>> No. 92398
Trolling and faggotry... it's like i am on /jp/!
>> No. 92404
>>92398
What's the matter? Not enough imagedumps and WALFAS XD for you? Gb2/poolshmer/
>> No. 92405
>>92404
poolshmer was never good man
>> No. 92408
>>92394
But it's black.
>> No. 92409
[x] It's after school - time for club activities and the like, right?
-{x} Go check out if there's any activity going on with that book club of yours; you've been somewhat passive towards it, haven't you?
>> No. 92411
[x] It's after school - time for club activities and the like, right?
-{x} Go check out if there's any activity going on with that book club of yours; you've been somewhat passive towards it, haven't you?

Let's get back on track.
>> No. 92412
>>92408
Mouse over it or switch to a style other than Photon.
>> No. 92415
[x] It's after school - time for club activities and the like, right?
-{x} Go check out if there's any activity going on with that book club of yours; you've been somewhat passive towards it, haven't you?

You can't really go wrong with Flan + Cirno... Assuming our moebeetus immunity holds up.

But, that aside, I couldn't live with myself knowing that Flan started a club only to continue being ostracized by anyone with an IQ over 9. We should help run/recruit for the club, since Flandre doesn't have much experience interacting with strangers.
>> No. 92428
File 124950605630.jpg - (391.53KB , 897x897 , 5fce669f348d8495f751f3914bf63d8b.jpg ) [iqdb]
92428
A sudden realization washes over you, sparking a bitter pang of guilt somewhere in the recesses of your mind - ever since starting that book club with Flandre, you haven't had anything to do with the whole thing anymore. Not even as much as checking out the room your club was given! The room Flandre put time and effort into decking out with her impressive personal collection of books, to share openly with all prospective members that would show even the slightest interest. Such pure motives and hopes, yet you don't even give her a second thought - how utterly callous of you!

Nay, you say to yourself, nearly going as far as clenching your fist in an overly dramatic demonstration of determination - you've neglected your duties as a founder and supporter long enough. It's time to go pay a visit to the book club room, for Flandre's sake - books are serious business, after all. The last thing you'd want would be for her to feel abandoned by her co-founder and regress back into her shy, antisocial nature, which you've spent so much time and effort on trying to coax her out of. No, no no no, you're going to go over there and join her in discussing works of literature you are interested in; and maybe have a laugh or two over whether or not Cirno can actually read. Well, tehnically she'd have to, if she's in highschool...

Rousing yourself from your inner monologuing and self-reasoning, you take the first resolute step out of the now-clean auditorium. Now... where the hell is the club room, anyway? Replaying the events of the past day or two through your head, you recall a brief mention of the recently finished new rooms being upstairs, on the second floor of the unnecessarily large educational facility. Up you go then; you take notice of a distinct lack of echo in your steps.
It's just a little bit noisy up here - it would turn out that despite the initial lack of interest, Keine's 'suggestion' to the students to form social groups based on mutual interests kicked off rather well, as every single room has muffled yet excited voices audible even through the thick wooden doors. Well, except a few - you try to suppress your pessimism and not assume one of the silent, lonely rooms will be the one with a sad blonde little girl sitting alone in a corner, cradling a book to her chest as if it were the one friend in this world not to betray her...

Not even wanting to finish that thought, you start checking the rooms in rapid succession - at first, leaning your ear against the doors. First room, sounds like... Silence. Could it be? You almost tear the door out of the wall, only to notice a white-haired girl - hey, she looks kinda familiar - dressed in a kendogi consisting of a kimono and a hakama, swinging a shinai through the air elegantly (ugh, the amount of japanisms in that sentence just now, the constant language exposure is making you think like an anime fansubber), fast and hard enough to actually leave behind barely noticeable contrails; or, well, that's what she was doing before you so unceremoniously barged in to interrupt her training, at least. Relaxing her posture, the pale girl turns her dark, dark blue eyes to you, before offering a humble, overly formal bow.
"...Greetings. Have you come to join the kendo team? We are currently recruiting..."

"E-er, no, heheh... Sorry to intrude, I just got lost..."
Disappointment plain on her face, she wordlessly resumes her previous activity of cutting visible slashes into the air with a bamboo sword. It takes a significant exertion of mental fortitude to remain calm and not imagine that thing splitting your skull in twain, and quietly close the door behind you. Phew. Next door it is then! GodDAMNit, you swear this has happened to you before; why don't you remember where the book club was?
Ah, this one has quite the calamity audible from inside - after a moment of listening, it actually turns out to be music, albeit not what you'd expect from a bunch of girl trying to start a band. A trumpet? A violin? Really? You figured they'd go for the usual drums-guitar-bass-keyboard setup; at least that last one seems to be covered. The sound is... well, it's not entirely unpleasant, but your ears are not used to anything like this. Plus, said violin and trumpet are making you strangely moody, the longer you listen to them, shifting from melancholy during a brief violin solo, to overly excited giddiness when the trumped once more sounds over the rest of the instruments. Eventually, the performance stops, the refrain of the short rondo still ringing in your ears.
"...so, what do you think?"

Ah, so you got to hear that demonstration of their musical talents after all. Definitely not bad, although not quite to your taste either. You pull away from the door before hearing the response to the question, deciding it best not to eavesdrop on people. Oh well, next door - a small, simple room, little more than a desk, a few lamps and a typewriter furnishing the interior. Sitting at said desk is a tall beauty with hair short and raven-black, peering at you with - surprise surprise - eyes of crimson red. You recognize her as one of the third-year students, the one constantly snapping indecent pictures of people, whenever they should be in unfortunately misunderstandable poses.

"Ah, the infamous transfer student honors us with his presence! Welcome, welcome, don't be shy! Momizi!" A white-haired head, decorated with what appears to be a furry pair of ears, suddenly bursts out of a pile of boxes in the corner of the room, startling you nearly half to death.
"Fetch the good man a chair! We wouldn't want to be rude, now would we? Come come, sit sit!" The tall dark-haired girl springs from her seat with demonic speed, physically shoving you into a chair the other girl manages to pull out of... somewhere. Pulling a nearby stool closer for herself, she takes a seat, crossing one leg over the other - you can't tell if she's trying to be provocative.

"The name's Aya Shameimaru. But, let's just leave it as Aya - no use straining yourself with a long name like that, eh? Hah!"
Easily amused by her own wit, she pulls out a notepad and continues on, not even allowing you to respond.
"So, how about an interview? Do tell the readers how you feel about Gensokyo! Have you received a warm welcome? How are you adapting? Are the girls sexy? Is the education system much different from what you're used to?"
She keeps going on and on, and you give her short, mumbled replies, eager to just get the hell out of here, subconciously answering that one oddball question in the middle there as well by accident, much to her amusement - everything is written down mercilessly. By the time Aya's had her fill, you feel rather drained; excusing yourself, you stumble out of the room, only to hear her literally pounce her typewriter, beginning to type like the fist of the north star. The rapid RATATATATATATATA noise only fades slightly after you slam the door behind you.
>> No. 92429
File 124950607415.jpg - (359.15KB , 700x800 , e837d0166beed312f4f77dfe685646995875701d.jpg ) [iqdb]
92429
Ah, this door... it seems familiar. And yet, as you place your ear against the wooden surface, the one thing you do NOT hear is silence, oh no. But, two voices, one light, smooth and timid, the other loud, high-pitched and boisterous. You allow yourself the audacity to open the door and nonchalantly enter the room, being greeted by a rather adorable sight. You've found the right place.
In one corner of the room, surrounded by piles of neatly-stacked books of varying thickness, Flandre is sitting on a chair far too high for her modest height, swinging her legs back and forth through the air beneath said chair and leaning forward, looking down at the other occupant of your little club room with a sweet smile on her face.
Lying on the floor flat on her stomach before Flandre is the little blue-haired first-year girl, Cirno, clenching her head with her hands and sticking her tongue out of the corner of her mouth, eyes nearly crossed from exertion and focus. She's... reading. Or trying to, at least, seemingly having great difficulties in doing so. Flandre appears to be occupied in helping her read out the longer words. Wonder what these two kids could possibly be reading... Something from Dr. Seuss would probably seem fitting.

"Come on, try again, try again!" The blonde vampire encourages the dumb-looking ice fairy, who still appears to be struggling with even the first page. It looks like she's actually trying to mouth out the words as she reads them; no, worse, she's reading them out loud. Ah well, you didn't expect any less from that kid anyway, now did you?

"It is a truth... uni... universal'ly ack... ack... knowledge'd, that a sin-gle man in poss... possessoss.. possi... possession of a good for-tune, must be in want of a wife..."

...

'Pride and Prejudice'? Really? Seriously, now? Although it shouldn't really be anything particularly difficult for a pair of highschool girls, these two... Well, to be quite honest, you doubt Flandre even completely understands all that goes on in that book. You've always felt that she's far too much of a child at mind, after all. And Cirno? She can barely understand half the words... Wait, what. You step closer in disbelief, finally alerting the two previously preoccupied girls to your presence in the room, and grab for the book.

"Hey! Gimmie that back! I was just getting into it, too!" The blue-haired fairy protests loudly, beating on your chest (unable to reach any higher) with her fists, but you're far too shocked from the revelation to be smug over the fact that you've finally found a youkai without superhuman strength.

The book is in English.

Maybe you've underestimated the girls, severely... Well, now that you think about it, Cirno would at least have to be able to read Japanese to even be in highschool, right? But, despite having to read it out loud, slowly and stuttering, and it only being the very first sentence in the entire novel... you're impressed.
"This book..."

"Ah, do you like it?" Flandre's smile beams at you. "It's one of my favorites... I must've read it so many times now that I couldn't even begin to count it!" Cirno leaps up and snags the book from your now-limp hand, as you stare at the innocent young vampiress before you, completely baffled. Does she even understand what the novel is about? This... girl. Sheltered from the world to the point of you being the only male she's ever directly spoken to.

"N-no offense, but..." Eh, there's no way to word this any better, and you're going to blurt it out anyway. "...do you really understand the major themes of the book, Flan?" She doesn't seem offended; rather, pensive, curling her finger around that sidetail of hers, looking up at the ceiling and pondering your words.

"...I wonder. Why don't you tell me, and then I'll find out whether I was right?" She giggles to herself softly. "I like talking about books... but I don't want to ah... make myself look dumb to you..." After that last line, her face turns a light shade of pink, her red eyes linking up with yours, awaiting your response with curiosity.



[] The title is self-explanatory.
[] It's actually a typical love story.
[] It's about the importance of environment and upbringing on the development of young people's character and morality.
[] (A different interpretation?)
[] "No... What do YOU think it's about? Be honest, I just want to know your thoughts."
>> No. 92430
[X] "No... What do YOU think it's about? Be honest, I just want to know your thoughts."
[X] "I've always thought it was about the importance of environment and upbringing on the development of young people's character and morality."

exchange of ideas is a great thing; though I suspect Cirno might be lost at first.
>> No. 92431
File 124950929715.jpg - (489.12KB , 837x900 , Going Nuclear.jpg ) [iqdb]
92431
>'Pride and Prejudice'

That fucking book.

I raged at what should have been cute. God damn Jane Austin.

[X] "No... What do YOU think it's about? Be honest, I just want to know your thoughts."
>> No. 92432
>Pride and Prejudice

Haven't read it yet.
Until someone can come up with a write in i will vote for
[x] "No... What do YOU think it's about? Be honest, I just want to know your thoughts."
>> No. 92433
[X] "No... What do YOU think it's about? Be honest, I just want to know your thoughts."
[X] "I've always thought it was about the importance of environment and upbringing on the development of young people's character and morality."
>> No. 92434
>The blue-haired fairy
But how does a transfer student know what a Cirno is?
>> No. 92435
[X] "No... What do YOU think it's about? Be honest, I just want to know your thoughts."
[X] "I've always thought it was about the importance of environment and upbringing on the development of young people's character and morality."
>> No. 92437
>>92434

All anons have an innate knowledge the beloved tomboyish fairy.

Also, I haven't read the book either so I can't really vote.
>> No. 92438
>>92429
My mother and I have seen practically every for-television movie version of this book. My mom's the one who read the book though. God, I've been so over-exposed to this story, I've gone from liking it to wanting to smash everything that reminds me of it.

[+] It's about the importance of environment and upbringing on the development of young people's character and morality.
Wikipedia notwithstanding, let's run with this option.
>> No. 92439
File 12495186018.jpg - (29.52KB , 300x425 , ppz.jpg ) [iqdb]
92439
[X] It's about the importance of environment and upbringing on the development of young people's character and morality when trying to survive amid a catastrophic plague.
>> No. 92440
>>92439
Best book ever.

I'm also a fan of Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters, by the same author.
>> No. 92443
File 124952426963.jpg - (126.03KB , 800x475 , 1249513279984.jpg ) [iqdb]
92443
[X] It's about the importance of environment and upbringing on the development of young people's character and morality.

Also, I'll just leave this picture here.
>> No. 92446
File 124952644654.jpg - (150.78KB , 954x886 , 1248370635076.jpg ) [iqdb]
92446
>>92443
Roll failed!
CHARISMA BREAK
>> No. 92453
>>It's just a little bit noisy up here - it would turn out that despite the initial lack of interest, Keine's 'suggestion' to the students to form social groups based on mutual interests kicked off rather well, as every single room has muffled yet excited voices audible even through the thick wooden doors. Well, except a few - you try to suppress your pessimism and not assume one of the silent, lonely rooms will be the one with a sad blonde little girl sitting alone in a corner, cradling a book to her chest as if it were the one friend in this world not to betray her...

WHY YOU DO THIS??
>> No. 92454
>>92453
The whole club activities parts remind me too much of Clannad.
>> No. 92455
[x] "No... What do YOU think it's about? Be honest, I just want to know your thoughts."

I did NOT care for that book. At all.
But, that is not what's important here. I'm curious to know just how intelligent Flandre really is.
>> No. 92465
[x] It's about the importance of environment and upbringing on the development of young people's character and morality.
[x] It's also a culturally important example of the classic love story.
>> No. 92469
>>92455

That's why I had the asking what she thinks option, since unless both sides reveal their opinions on something, discussion cannot occur.
>> No. 92470
[X] "No... What do YOU think it's about? Be honest, I just want to know your thoughts."
>> No. 92476
>>92469

Adjusting vote from >>92455

[x] "No... What do YOU think it's about? Be honest, I just want to know your thoughts."
-[x] Ask her why she thinks what she does.

You're right. There does need to be at least some discussion. I still don't really feel like going into the specifics of what I got from the book (nothing), but it's just like they teach in middle school; if you can develop and defend your point of view with evidence, there's no real way to be wrong. Moreover, if she can support her viewpoint in a coherent manner, it'd be a definite sign of intellectual maturity.

It's like we're channeling Keine.

If this wins, apologies to Taisa for making him write a short essay.
>> No. 92485
[O] "No... What do YOU think it's about? Be honest, I just want to know your thoughts."
-[O] Ask her why she thinks what she does.
>> No. 92487
New thread tomorrow. Feel free to keep voting, assuming you haven't already.
>> No. 92509
[X] "No... What do YOU think it's about? Be honest, I just want to know your thoughts."
[X] "I've always thought it was about the importance of environment and upbringing on the development of young people's character and morality."
>> No. 92521
>a sad blonde little girl sitting alone in a corner, cradling a book to her chest as if it were the one friend in this world not to betray her...
Anyone else think of Alice, and not Flandre?
>> No. 92528
>>92521
Flandre is in the book club. It's not Alice either.
>> No. 92534
I can see Alice doing that with one of her dolls.
>> No. 92581
>>92548