[Return]
Archived thread

File 124624609798.jpg - (803.87KB , 1200x993 , mahjong.jpg ) [iqdb]
89267 No. 89267
Winter. A cold, frosty time, when the leaves die and the snow comes, burying everything in an oppressive gloom of cold and dark clouds. The farmers stay inside, the stores are open less, and people begin to read and write, students flocking to the local school. Children laugh and play in the snow, people complain and shovel, and the ice fairy and her Youkai friend spend their time playing and laughing. Of course, New Years is also almost coming up, and thus the Hakurei shrine will be in full attendance this year, as usual.

This is why, a few days before the new year, your boss, a middle-aged old man who owns a local grocery market and is far too kind to a lazy employee like you, arrives at your front door, begging you to do a delivery he cannot make: hauling a wagon of various foods to the Hakurei shrine to assist in the new-year's festival. Of course you cannot refuse: Aside from the rule of But Thou Must, he has done much to help you and he is a fairly nice man. Besides, he is paying for two days work to do this.

It takes you four hours of hard, strong labor to finally drag that cart to the Hakurei shrine. Normally it's an hour to walk there from the village, but in the snow while carrying that cart, your work is made that much harder. As your bones chill and your work continues, you even find yourself teased by the ice fairy, which only makes you feel even worse. Once you get to the shrine, you are exhausted, cold, and tired. Your teeth chatter and your shoulders shake. Ahead of you, the large Hakurei shrine and pavilion, covered in snow from a fresh fall, radiate like a white radiation over the buildings. In one of the smaller side buildings, you see candlelight from within, and the sounds of women chattering and laughing. Gritting your teeth, you go ahead and enter, leaving the damn cart outside. You need a break, anyways.

“I'm coming in!” You announce, sliding the shoji doors open, to a much warmer temperature. You close the door behind you and remove your boots, walking inside. “Is Miss Hakurei here?” The sounds of chattering cease for a moment, then you hear “Come in!” From further within. Approaching the interior, you hear a strange clicking sound from time to time, oddly catchy. Then:

“Tsumo! Chitoitsu! Dora 2, Uradora 2, Riichi! Haha, Haneman da-ze~” It sounds like the witch who lives in the forest, Marisa, though what she says is nonsense to you. Groans come from the room beyond, and complaints: Some from the shrine maiden, some from two other women, then the sound of laughter.

Entering you find an interesting sight: Four different denizens of Gensokyo, sitting huddled around a square, lipped table, small tiles scattered across, chatting and laughing merrily. Sitting to the north of the table is the shrine maiden herself, facepalming as she takes several small sticks from a drawer and hands them to the woman to her left, the witch Marisa. Sitting east is Alice Margatroid, the doll master who also lives in the forest, and south is a small girl with large horns that reeks of booze: You assume the oni who lives at the shrine now... Miss Ibuki, was it?

“Suika's okay!” Suika says, leaning back and staring up at you. “Who're you, mister?” Everyone else in the room looks at you, breaking their reverie. Reimu speaks up before you can explain.

“Are you here with the delivery?” You nod. “Good. You can just leave it out there.” She makes a wave. “Suika'll get it later.” As this exchange goes on, and Suika pouts, Alice interrupts.

“Oh, I have to go. It's getting late!” Alice stands up, as everyone else groans.

“Aw, come on, da-ze~ You're in second place!” “Yeah, come on Alice! We can't play without four players!” “Aliiice, I wanna plaaay!” Alice shakes her head gently, then looks to you.

“Why don't you teach this one how to play?” She asks. The others look at you thoughtfully, thinking.

“W-whoa, I don't know how to play Mahjong!” You protest this, but Alice persists, insisting that you can be taught, and that it's fun.

“Well, what do you say?” Reimu asks. “Would you like to learn how to play Mahjong? It's fun, trust us.”

[ ] “Sure, why not?” Learn how to play!

[ ] “No, thanks!”

>> No. 89268
[X] “Sure, why not?” Learn how to play!
>> No. 89269
[X] “Sure, why not?” Learn how to play!
>> No. 89270
[X]"Sure! Why not." Learn how to play!

This guy just had to endure hours of low temperatures and an ice fairy who decided to be annoying.
We're staying in.
>> No. 89271
[X]Not the best idea to "trust" these kind of people - these kind of crazy people what shoot up the town to hell - but if the Broke Maiden enjoys it, it can't be all bad. "Sure, why not..."
>> No. 89272
[x] Update Touhou 40k
>> No. 89273
[x] “No, thanks!”

It's gonna be a "BUT THOU MUST!" anyways
>> No. 89274
[x] “No, thanks!”

I will fight against these chains of fate.
>> No. 89277
[x] “No, thanks!”
>> No. 89278
[X] “Sure, why not?” Learn how to play!
>> No. 89279
[x] “No, thanks!”

Because Inquisitor complained in IRC about the No votes tying.
>> No. 89280
[X] "Sure! Why not." Learn how to play!
>> No. 89282
[x] “No, thanks!”
>> No. 89283
[x] “No, thanks!”

WHAT DOES THIS BUTTON DO
>> No. 89285
File 124624806377.jpg - (80.68KB , 504x709 , grumpy keine.jpg ) [iqdb]
89285
Please wait warmly while I try to write two votes. Faggots.
>> No. 89286
[x] Update Touhou 40k
>> No. 89287
>>89286
Suck less cocks, please.
>> No. 89294
File 124625229473.jpg - (227.49KB , 871x1200 , Reimu Glasses 2.jpg ) [iqdb]
89294
[ ] “No, thanks!”

“No, thanks.” You say, causing looks of disappointment of the girl's faces, before smirking. “What, you thought I really didn't know how to play mahjong?” With that, you grab the dice on the table, and drop them over the completed walls.

“....”

“... Pffft.”

“... Snrk.” Dammit. Maybe your cool act wasn't a good idea. Really, though, mahjong is not that hard to play: You just weren't sure that you wanted to stick around to play with three women who could shoot up the town on a whim (And have done so before). As you take a seat across from Marisa, who seems to find your act hilarious, Alice sighs and smiles.


“Well, take care, then.” Alice waves goodbye to Reimu and her friends, and leaves, leaving you with her chair. When she leaves, Marisa looks to you.

“Well, well, cocky, huh? Let's see how good you are, then~ You're dealer now.” As you draw and move tiles, you remember how Mahjong works, generally.

The basics are simple. There are 3 sets of tiles that number from 1-9: Man (Characters), Pin (Dots), and Sou (Bamboo). There are also four winds (North, South, East, and West), and three dragons (Red, Green, and White). Of each of these tiles, there are 4 of each. 4 Four-Man, 4 Eight-Sou, 4 Red, and so on. At the beginning of the game, you draw a 13-tile hand, and each turn you draw and discard a tile, until you have a winning 14-tile-hand: four of either three-of-a-kind or a 3-tile run (of the same suite), and one pair of tiles. Simple enough, really. Some hands were worth more than others, of course: Nothing but disorganized runs was barely worth anything, and other hands like 7 pairs were fairly odd. You could call on tiles that were discarded to help you fill out your hand, but it makes it less points and risks exposing what hand you are going for.

Of course, you're full of shit, you haven't played Mahjong since you were in Miss Keine's classes, but you're not about to tell the smirking Marisa that. Man, you want to wipe the smirk off of that girl's face.

“Oi, new guy.” Reimu says, as you all begin to take tiles from the wall, making your hands. “Don't stare too hard at Marisa, or else she won't be able to be married.” She gives Marisa a grin (who begins to blush furiously and stammer out an “O-oi, Reimu!”) and giggles to herself. You sigh, looking at your tiles, as the banter continues. Not bad, not bad at all. Two 1-man, Two 9-man, Two 1-pin, one 8-pin, one 9-pin, Two 8-sou, two Norths, and a Red Dragon. Not bad, not bad at all. It almost makes you wonder if they even shuffled properly.

Across from you, Marisa sorts her tiles, giving you dirty looks every once in a while. “I'll get a sanbaiman on you! With the power of love, da-ze~”

“You talk a lot about the power of love, huh Marisa?” Suika asks, putting her tiles together. “I wonder how you know so much about love...”

“Well, see...” Marisa says, stroking her chin. “I learned a lot from my teacher, see! And she knew all about everything!” Reimu raises an eyebrow.

“Mima? I wonder how she's doing?” She tilts her head. “I haven't seen her at the shrine recently...”

“Well, I heard she has plenty of work to do in Hell, da-ze~” She grins. “Some old guy's been harassing Komachi and them with that death challenge.”

“Eh, is that so? I hope it doesn't become another incident...”

“An incident? But that'd be exciting!” Suika exclaims. As this exchange goes on, you flip the dora tile. 9-sou, which makes 1-sou the new dora. Alright. You go ahead and draw a tile... 9-sou. With this hand, you could go for 7 pairs easily: 2 1-man, 2 9-man, 2- 1-pin, 2-8-sou, 2-norths, and possibly filling up the rest from the wall. This hand also lends itself to Chin Itsu: triplets from each different suite, and whatever else to win. Or, hell, of course, Chanta: A whole hand with either 1's, 9's, or Dragons/Winds.

Hmm, what to do...

“Hey, New guy.” Reimu looks at you. “What's your name? I forgot to ask you, now that I think about it.”

Errr....

[ ] Name

~

[ ] Go for the 7 pairs! Can't call, but we're almost there anyways!

[ ] Chanta. Discard an 8-sou, we can call from here.

[ ] Chin Itsu should be safest.

[ ] Let them win.
>> No. 89295
File 124625252174.jpg - (125.88KB , 600x569 , China_I_Think.jpg ) [iqdb]
89295
I do have a request.

This is for all intents and purposes a 'pilot' episode. I really don't know if a Mahjong CYOA can or will take off, or even if I can properly convey the game while conveying the feel of actually being around a mahjong table in different situations, not just playing on Tenhou.net or something. So give me some feedback as this goes on. Would I be better served using Paint to show your hand/ponds? More Talk, less mahjong? More mahjong, less talk? More micromanagement, less general idea?

Anyways, this is for later, and just something I'd like you guys to think about as this goes.

Thank you.
>> No. 89296
>>89287
I only tripfagged myself to establish to Inquisitor the person who originally voted for that option wasn't me. Seems you're a fan of my work though.
>> No. 89297
No paint, more talk, more character interaction.

[x] Name: Akagi
[x] Go for the 7 pairs! Can't call, but we're almost there anyways!
>> No. 89298
File 124625376569.png - (11.86KB , 256x224 , timed_hits.png ) [iqdb]
89298
I wish I actually knew how to play this. Way to skip the tutorial, guys.

[x] Name: Hirayama Yukio
[x] Chin Itsu should be safest.
We aren't ready for big risks yet, especially when losing will make us look like an idiot.
>> No. 89299
[x] Name: Akagi
[x] Go for the 7 pairs! Can't call, but we're almost there anyways!

I think the way you're doing it now is fine. I prefer character interaction, though. And thank you for explaining the terms.
>> No. 89300
>>89295
To be honest, I think that writing a CYOA about something that mostly involves the luck of the draw is really goddamn stupid, since victories or losses are unpredictable and based off of the writefag's mood.

Also, I fully expect you to fuck up at some point and have more than 4 of the same tile, so playing out each game with an actual Mahjong might be helpful.

I'm not going to read this because I think Mahjong is stupid, so I'll refrain from voting.
>> No. 89302
>>89295
MS-Painting the hands would actually be great, I'm not that great at visualizing hands by name.

[x] Go for the 7 pairs! Can't call, but we're almost there anyways!
[x] Discard the 9-sou

Boy, good thing I actually know how to play Mahjong.
>> No. 89303
[x] Name: Hirayama Yukio
[x] Chin Itsu should be safest.

Survival is paramount.
>> No. 89305
>>89302
Actually, now that I think about it, MSPainting just the hand would be bad. If at all possible, it'd be nice if you could MSPaint our hand, their (obviously unknown) hands, including the open bits, and the discards.

In fact, probably just their open hands and discards would be above all important.
>> No. 89306
I fully support a mahjong CYOA. That said...

>Chin Itsu: triplets from each different suite
Chin Itsu is all tiles of one suit, no honors. I have no idea what yaku you're describing.

[X] Name: Hirayama Yukio

We'll end up playing against Remilia and losing all our blood.

[X] Go for the 7 pairs! Can't call, but we're almost there anyways!
[X] Discard the 8-pin.
>> No. 89309
>>89306
A) I've always been of the opinion that discarding what you just drew is better than discarding what you have in your hand. Putting what you drew in your hand makes it seem as though it was more important than what you just got rid of, making it and any tiles around it safe, whereas just getting rid of a useless makes just that tile safe.
B) That's the second known 9-Sou. Statistically the 8-pin is better for a 7-pair.
>> No. 89310
File 12462565925.jpg - (261.32KB , 420x500 , daiyouseibanner.jpg ) [iqdb]
89310
>>89306
Doh. Talking about Toi Toi, which is just all triplets+1 pair. Don't mind me being retarded, and I fully encourage people who know what they're talking about as far as terminology and such to correct me.

3 Votes for Hirayama Yukio, and 2 for Akagi. 4 for 7 pairs, 2 for <s>Chin Itsu</s> Toi Toi. I'll go with Seven pairs for my writing. I have to AFK for a while, so I'll write as soon as I can. When I do I'll take what has the most votes.

Thanks, readers.
>> No. 89311
>>89309
Shoot. In the case of a seven pair, them thinking the 9-pin is safe would be ideal.

Carry on.
>> No. 89312
>Would I be better served using Paint to show your hand/ponds?
Yes, at least for all players' discards and melds. For our hand, you could display it in text format: 1199m1189p88sNNR for our current hand, for example. Alternatively, there's 2ch's text format: 一一九九①①⑧⑨88北北中.

>More talk, less mahjong? More mahjong, less talk?
More mahjong, more talk. Have all meaningful conversations take place in the context of a mahjong game. Obviously, we'll have to do other things at some point, but I think this is the only way to have a "mahjong CYOA".
>> No. 89315
[x] Name: Akagi
[x] Go for the 7 pairs! Can't call, but we're almost there anyways!
>> No. 89489
[x] Name: Akagi
[x] Go for the 7 pairs! Can't call, but we're almost there anyways!
>> No. 89498
[O] Name: Akagi
[O] Go for the 7 pairs! Can't call, but we're almost there anyways!
>> No. 89527
File 124633508111.png - (588.61KB , 733x733 , marisarapeface.png ) [iqdb]
89527
[x] Name: Akagi
[x] Go for the 7 pairs! Can't call, but we're almost there anyways!

“I'm Akagi.” You say, placing down the 9-sou, opting to go for a 7-pairs hand. “I've been to the shrine before, but I haven't actually really talked to you.” Reimu nods, as Suika draws from the wall and places down a tile from her hand. 4-Man. “So it's nice to meet you too, Miss Hakurei.” Reimu waves you off.

“Nah, Reimu's fine. Nice to meet you, Akagi.” She picks up a tile, and drops another one. White Dragon. “So, what do you do, hmm?” Marisa draws a tile, and sighs, placing it back down. 2-Pin.

“Well, I actually haul stuff for the Grocer.” You draw, and frown: The 9-sou. Again. It goes back down, as you discard it. “Like that cart outside.” You shiver inside, remembering the freezing cold you had to drag that damn thing through to get it to the shrine. “It's my regular job, and I don't usually have to do much, which is why I came out when my boss asked me too.”

“Wow, you must be strong, huh?” Suika draws a tile, and places down a 9-pin. “Hauling a cart full of food over here! Last year we needed lots of food so you must be strong.” Reimu draws, and frowns, placing down a South. “We should wrestl-”

“Kan!” Marisa shouts (In your ear, too!), slamming down the tiles with too much force and noise, tucking it into her corner of the board, and flipping a new Dora tile. It's a 4-man. “Five-man is the new dora, 8-sou is the Uradora!” A self-satisfied hum, as she discards a (the last) 9-sou.

“Geeze, not so loud, Marisa!” Reimu scolds the witch as you draw a tile. 3-sou. You discard it. “And you, last time you wrestled someone it took them a week to recover.” Suika waves it off, picking up a tile and dropping a East.

“Pon!” Marisa shows her tiles, grabbing the last one and putting it to the side, even as Suika whines about it. “Scared? You should be da ze~” She drops a 5-man. Wait, she's calling winds? What could that me-

Two sets of winds? Shit, she could be going for Little Winds. Is her hand that good? You look at your's. She can't get Big winds, you have two north. Either way, Marisa is dangerous. Is she already in Ten-pai? You draw East, and discard it: at least it's safe this round. Suika picks up and places down fu. “Marisa, you always win when we plaayyyyyyyyyyyyy.” She pouts. “Don't ron off me this time!” 5-man.

“What? I'm just that good!” Marisa brags, as Reimu draws and places down a 2-man. Marisa draws, and drops a White dragon. Your turn. The tile you pick up... is 8-pin. Yes. Your sixth pair. That leaves you with one of two tiles to discard: 9-pin, or the Red Dragon. On one hand, Red dragon hasn't come up yet and 9-pin has, but on the other hand...

“Hey, how come you got so good at Mahjong?” Reimu asks Marisa. On the other hand, Marisa might have red dragons. It's unlikely and it's too early to be sure, but... if she did, she could have a pretty monster hand. 9-Pin is probably safer, but...

“Huh? Mima taught me when we were in training. We'd play while we waited for the magical mushrooms to boil. We'd make all kinds of potions...”

“Potions? Are those like sake?” Suika asks, while you think.

“Like sake, but even better!” Suika's eyes light up as Marisa feeds his this misinformation that's likely dangerous. Thawp!

“Marisa, don't give her such dangerous ideas. Oi, Akagi.” Your attention is taken. “It's your turn.”

[ ] Drop the Red Dragon, wait on 9-pin.

[ ] Hold the Red Dragon, hope Marisa doesn't hog all the red dragons and leave you screwed on a dead wait.

[ ] Try to distract the girls into giving you more time to think.


Your:
Hand: 1199Man11889pin88souNNR
Called Tiles: 0
Pond: 993Sou

Suika:
Called Tiles: -
Pond: 9Pin5Man

Reimu:
Called Tiles: -
Pond: (WD)2Man

Marisa:
Called Tiles: SSSSEEE
Pond: 2Pin9Sou5Man
>> No. 89533
>8-sou is the Uradora
Hold up now. Ura-dora isn't flipped until after someone who declared riichi wins a hand. That's basically the point; to add a level of uncertainty as to the value of hands, and to give a bit of additional benefit to the often unprofitable act of riichi.

[X] Hold the Red Dragon, hope Marisa doesn't hog all the red dragons and leave you screwed on a dead wait.

Marisa's hand is looking quite scary, with yakuman potential in both Little Winds and All Honors, and a likely Hon Itsu (single suit with honors). We're East, so if she wins from our Red Dragon, the probable Hon Itsu and the East Wind pon make it 12000, a deficit we don't want to fall into on the first hand. Plus, even if she does have two Red Dragons, Japanese rules permit multiple wins, so we can still win if someone discards the fourth one.

[X] Don't riichi.

Marisa's too close to tenpai for a riichi to be safe. Imagine if she calls another kan and flips a North for the indicator. We need the ability to take apart our hand to avoid dealing into her in that situation.

Also, another idea for making this exciting: check out the "Touhou Unreal Mahjong" page on the Touhou wiki, particularly the character list. Character powers and special table rules strike me as a particularly fun way of spicing up games.
>> No. 89563
I have no idea what's going on, but it sounds awesome!
>> No. 89577
>>89533
I slept over it. Go with this.
>> No. 89579
>>89296
Your work?
I don't know who you are, tripfriend, but the author wants to write this, not 40k, so fuck off.

Sage for off-topic.
I'll vote once I'm done reading.
>> No. 89582
[X] Hold the Red Dragon, hope Marisa doesn't hog all the red dragons and leave you screwed on a dead wait.

Risky, but not as risky as playing into her hand.
>> No. 89599
File 124642498729.jpg - (64.48KB , 450x747 , skirtless suika.jpg ) [iqdb]
89599
>>89533

Is correct. My bad. :<

I'll post later tonight after dinner. Thanks for your patience with me.
>> No. 89601
>>89579
Oh see, I thought you were being a faggot because of who I was, not because I was simply a tripfag voting. My mistake. Continue.

Regardless,
[X] Hold the Red Dragon, hope Marisa doesn't hog all the red dragons and leave you screwed on a dead wait.
>> No. 89618
File 124643258390.png - (20.52KB , 670x660 , reimuheadphones.png ) [iqdb]
89618
[X] Hold the Red Dragon, hope Marisa doesn't hog all the red dragons and leave you screwed on a dead wait.
[X] Don't riichi.

“Huh? Oh, right.” You look back up to Reimu briefly, your smile masking your thoughts. Marisa's hand is quite frankly fearful. She has yakuman potential, both in Little Winds (And she might think big winds), and in all-honors. Even if she went for Hon Itsu, it could still be a deadly hand. No, that red dragon is just too dangerous to drop. Even if she hogs the rest.... well, if anyone discards one, you can ron off of them, right? You hope so, because you've made your choice.

“Nine-Pin.” Click. The tile goes down in your pond. Suika draws beside you, as the chatter starts up again, this time on a much different topic.

“Ne, Reimu?” Suika speaks. Place in hand, drop. 3-man. “What kind of things do you have planned for this year's festival? Is there going to be fun and games?” She smiles. Suika's kinda cute. Reimu nods.

“Actually, yeah.” Draw, and she holds it over her hand for a bit. “There'll be a small fair. I talked with some of the people from the market in the village, they'll come set things up for it on New Year's.” She replaces a tile in her hand. 1-man.

“A fair?” Marisa looks over, drawing a tile with one hand. “Are you going to use those Snap-Cracks that Rinnosuke has, or those Sky Flowers? Cause I've got way better stuff with just my magic! Stars, da-ze~” You wince even as she puts the drawn tile down (6-sou), remembering stories about collateral damage in the bamboo forest when Marisa caused a huge mess with her magic stars, and other stories.

“Pooon!” Suika shouts, earning a “Don't shout in here.” from Reimu, pushing down two tiles, taking the six-sou, and placing down a 2-pin. Reimu draws idly as your turn is skipped. “Whoo, Snap-cracks and Sky Flowers! Fun fun!” Reimu nods, placing down a 1-pin.

“Yeah. Keine mentioned something about maybe making a big game event, too. I guess that'd be fun. It'd bring more donations. Maybe I'll throw in a prize, like a blessing from the shrine.” Marisa draws and smirks, putting down a 5-man.

“Why don't you offer the 100,000 yen service, Reimu~” Marisa asks as you draw... 7-man. Drop. Reimu balks, looking at Marisa.

“What the hell are you talking about?!” Marisa laughs, even as Suika picks up and drops a tile. 3-Man.

“Nyahaha, that's right Reimu!” Reimu draws, but still looks at Suika annoyed.

“There IS no 100,000 yen service! Shut up!” Reimu places down a 1-man, giving Marisa an absolutely dirty look. ”Are you the one spreading that around, Marisa?! I had to chase off three perverts last week!” Marisa laughs innocently, drawing from the wall.

“No, no, not at all! I would never spread around such unwholesome rumors!” Marisa gives Reimu a shit-eating grin, placing down a 6-man. You draw. White Dragon. This should be a safe tile for Marisa, but...

“Oi, Akagi!” Suika looks over. “You're not very talkative, huh? You should talk more!” Huh, they're right...

[ ] Swap the Red Dragon to White Dragon.

[ ] Discard White Dragon.

Also...

[ ] Socialize! These girls DID invite you!

[ ] Silent and deadly.

Your:
Hand: 1199Man1188pin88souNNR WD
Called Tiles: 0
Pond: 993Sou9Pin

Suika:
Called Tiles: 666Sou
Pond: 9Pin53man2pin

Reimu:
Called Tiles: -
Pond: (WD)211Man

Marisa:
Called Tiles: SSSSEEE
Pond: 2Pin9Sou56Man
>> No. 89619
File 124643286914.jpg - (77.15KB , 640x510 , Keine Akyu Headbutt.jpg ) [iqdb]
89619
Note: The Head Bump Rule is being used.
>> No. 89624
[ ] Discard White Dragon.
[ ] Silent and deadly. Talk only when being addressed
>> No. 89625
[X] Discard White Dragon.
[X] You don't have anything to say. Talk only when being addressed.

Just because I don't like the phrase silent and deadly. I am not a fart.
>> No. 89631
[X] Discard White Dragon.

Already one on the table; it's not a completely safe tile, but it's a little too early to start playing all-out defense.

[X] Socialize! These girls DID invite you!

Come on, it'll be great.

"A meaningless death is the essence of a gamble."
"..."
"..."
"...so what were you saying about that feast, Reimu?"
"Are you deaf, Kirisame Marisa?"
>> No. 89632
[X] Discard White Dragon.
[X] Socialize! These girls DID invite you!

Seriously. No need to be silent.
>> No. 89637
"The sands of Makai are magic sands."
>> No. 89641
[O] Discard White Dragon.
[O] Socialize! These girls DID invite you!
>> No. 89666
[x] Swap the Red Dragon to White Dragon.
[x] Socialize! These girls DID invite you!

You can only live if you die.
>> No. 89819
File 124685905922.jpg - (86.52KB , 539x640 , suika lost at majhong.jpg ) [iqdb]
89819
[x] Discard White Dragon.
[x] Socialize! These girls DID invite you!

You shake your head. Jeeze, calm down! This is the Hakurei shrine, and the broke maiden is breaking out the stops for a stranger who doesn't donate at all. Kinda. You might as well try to make some pathetic attempt to socialize, so you put your white dragon down and smile, even as Suika draws.

“I'm sorry, you're right. What would you like to talk about?” Suika places down another white dragon, quite pleased with herself on placing a safe tile. Maybe she's not as poor at this as you thought? Or maybe just understands the basics. Either way, Suika seems not to put too much thought in her game.

“Hmmm. Well, what happened to that outsider in the village? The one who said he was a knight?” You chuckle as Reimu follows up, placing down the last white dragon, effectively dropping it from the game. Marisa draws, and drops a 5-man. You draw.

“That guy, huh? Well, I hear he's joined the village guard, though his equipment is different from what the rest of the soldiers have, so...” You shrug. “He seems to need a lot of metal. I heard the blacksmith complaining once. Anyways, he doesn't seem to be trouble.” Reimu nods, as you draw and drop a 9-sou.

“Chi!” Suika takes the 9-sou, making an 7-8-9 sou meld, and dropping a 3-man. Reimu draws.

“Good, good. I'm not in the mood to deal with an incident. It's too busy, and too cold.” Bam, 4-pin. Marisa grins as she draws.

“Maybe I should make one, da-ze~ Shoot a Master Spark at heaven, maybe scare off those nineballs?” Reimu gives Marisa a frown as the witch drops a 2-sou.

“Don't do that, Marisa. Remember what happened during the lunar incident?” Suika draws and placed a tile down. Red dragon.

“Yeah, I remember I almost kicked your as-” Marisa says in good nature, giving Reimu a joking grin, but you interrupt.

“Ron!” You drop your tiles, showing your 7-pairs yaku. “Seven pairs, 2 han! 2400 points, please.” The other three girls look up in surprise.

“Eh?!” The three exclaim at once, Suika looking particularly crestfallen even as she hands you the point sticks. Marisa raises her eyebrow.

“Kind of cheap, eh?” You shake your head, even as the tiles are shuffled again.

“A win is a win, Marisa.” You give her a grin. She laughs, even as Reimu rolls her eyes and Suika sighs.

“We'll see about that. You and me, Akagi!” With earnest, she begins to make her wall. Reimu rolls her eyes.

“Marisa's always like this, Akagi. Don't worry about her.” Suika looks over to you, her face still down.

“Y-you won't ron off of me again, will you...?” She asks, a slight glimmer of a tear in her eye as you all begin to draw your tiles. Well, actually...

[ ] Forget it! Suika be damned, Marisa wanted a challenge, let's give it to her!

[ ] Well, Reimu's pretty quiet, maybe she's not that good either? She doesn't usually call.

[ ] Pfft, Suika drops tiles predictably. Let's go for her.

[ ] Just try to win with your own hands, not trying to go for any one opponent.

Sorry for the delay, was camping. Now off to Mahjong!
>> No. 89820
Um.
7 pairs is worth five han.

[X] Forget it! Suika be damned, Marisa wanted a challenge, let's give it to her!
>> No. 89822
File 124685994596.jpg - (16.15KB , 260x380 , dude.jpg ) [iqdb]
89822
>>89820

Really? I've been using http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_Mahjong_yaku#Seven_pairs as my guideline for scoring. Any other mahjongnons have any feedback about this?
>> No. 89824
[X] "Of course not. Sorry about that." Give her a ruffle.
[X] Pfft, Suika drops tiles predictably. Let's go for her.
>> No. 89825
[ ] Just try to win with your own hands, not trying to go for any one opponent.

We're Akagi, we'll tsumo all the way
>> No. 89827
>>89825
You've never actually seen the show, have you?
>> No. 89828
[x] "This is a four player game. You don't win by making someone else lose; you win by making everyone else lose."
[x] Just try to win with your own hands, not trying to go for any one opponent.

Wait for the stress to build before you try to sink your teeth in. If a player is obviously weak, then everyone else is going to know it to, which either means you'll be fighting for the same tiles or if your enemy is more cautious, they'll be able to deduce what hands you might then be trying to build yourself.
>> No. 89829
>>89824
>[X] "Of course not. Sorry about that." Give her a ruffle.
>[X] Pfft, Suika drops tiles predictably. Let's go for her.

Oni can detect lies.
>> No. 89830
>>89820
Disregard this, please. I was going by a different scoring set.
>> No. 89831
>>89822
Seven pairs is 2 han, 25 fu everywhere I've seen, which includes the popular online games. The Wikipedia page looks like a good reference. The only thing I noticed lacking were a few of the less widely accepted yaku:

* Sanrenkou (2 han) requires pons of three consecutive tiles in the same suit, i.e. 222333444m. It can be open or closed. Suurenkou (yakuman) is the same, but with four consecutive pons. Statistically speaking, this is one of the more balanced local rules.

* Paarenchan (lit. "eight consecutive rounds") awards a yakuman to a player who wins eight consecutive hands with no draw games in between. Its sister rule, poupei paarenchan, gives a yakuman to any player who wins a hand immediately after seven consecutive wins by any other player (essentially allowing anyone the opportunity to "steal" the paarenchan yakuman). Kind of a pointless rule, as it's rare to have anyone come close without someone else going bankrupt, but it adds a bit of local flavor to the game.

And a few things missing from the Wikipedia score calculation page:

* The wareme (lit. "fissure") rule, which doubles the value of all point exchanges to or from the player whose wall was broken at the start of the hand (which is determined by a dice roll). As far as I can tell, this one was popularized by a Japanese TV show, so make of that what you will. Also, 'wareme' is Japanese slang for 'vagina'. Go figure.

* The doukasen (lit. "fuse", as in the fuse of a bomb) rule modifies the wareme rule by shifting the wareme to the person from whose wall tiles are currently being drawn. This means that who the doubling effect is applied to changes depending on how many tiles have been drawn. I'd never heard of this one before checking the Japanese Wikipedia page, but it sounds way more fun than the randomness of the ordinary wareme rule.

* Ootenjou (lit. "skyrocketing") rules remove the concept of 'limit' hands and calculate the score of all hands using the base points formula for hands below 5 han; that is, fu * 2^(han+2). (Yakuman hands are counted as 13 han.) The resulting scores become ridiculous rather quickly: a non-dealer 40 fu 8 han hand (normally a baiman worth 16000 points) is worth 163900 points, and a non-dealer 40 fu 10 han hand (also a baiman) is worth 655400 points. Obviously, this rule makes it way more profitable to go for big hands, but eliminates the common strategy of aiming for mangan or haneman.

Hope some of this helps; mostly it's just a dump of info painstakingly recovered from Moonpedia in my free time.
>> No. 89832
>>89831
Oh, and my vote.

[X] "This is a four player game. You don't win by making someone else lose; you win by making everyone else lose."
[X] Just try to win with your own hands, not trying to go for any one opponent.
>> No. 89840
[x] "This is a four player game. You don't win by making someone else lose; you win by making everyone else lose."
[x] Just try to win with your own hands, not trying to go for any one opponent.
>> No. 89844
[O] "This is a four player game. You don't win by making someone else lose; you win by making everyone else lose."
[O] Just try to win with your own hands, not trying to go for any one opponent.
>> No. 90155
[X] "This is a four player game. You don't win by making someone else lose; you win by making everyone else lose."
[X] Just try to win with your own hands, not trying to go for any one opponent.
>> No. 90438
Updates? Can't let this die without even finishing a game.
>> No. 90596
>>90438

This kind of CYOA can only win if it dies.
>> No. 94187
File 125295563779.jpg - (285.80KB , 700x933 , Reimu of Death.jpg ) [iqdb]
94187
ITT: Life and laziness. Trying to pick this up again now that I don't have much else to do aside from run DnD games and wait for the surgery to heal.

[X] "This is a four player game. You don't win by making someone else lose; you win by making everyone else lose."
[X] Just try to win with your own hands, not trying to go for any one opponent.

You shake your head, reaching over and giving the adorable little oni a ruffle. "This is a four player game." That's right, cool, casual. "You don't win by making someone else lose;" You hold up one finger at first, then three, as you finish: "you win by making everyone else lose." A moment of silence, as you hold the pose.

"Snrk." Reimu giggles from across the table, and the other girls react similarly: Marisa gives a nice, hearty laugh at you, while Suika pats your hand sweetly. Oh, well. It was worth a try, right? With that thought in mind, you put your tiles in your hand, ready for another round...

~

Of course, over the next eight or so games, you don't win every one. That's not how Mahjong works, after all: you're usually lucky to win a fourth of the games, though you're doing really well, and by the time you regain the dealer spot in the south round, you're fairly far ahead (43000), working on a nice chin-itsu, with that damn witch nipping at your heels (35000). Suika's in last, a frankly pathetic 8500, and Reimu's pretty bad off, 13500. Quite bluntly, you have this game mostly in the bag.

As you make your way to iishanten, discarding a 4p to bring your hand to 111234445699Sou5Man, the discussion turns to Alice.

"Alice is such a pruuuuuuuuuuuude." Suika says, dropping a six sou. "She wouldn't even drink any sakeeeeee~"

Reimu picks up a tile, putting it down and thinking. "Suika, nobody but an oni would ever drink your sake." Suika shakes her head drunkenly in that cute little way of her's.

"No, no, she won't drink anyone else's sake either! Such a stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiff." Hmm, Reimu's still inspecting her hand. Marisa guffaws.

"What? Man, you gotta visit her house. I came over once and got her sooooooo trashed, next thing you know she was takin' it all off!" Marisa laughs rowdily, before patting Reimu's shoulder. "You saw it, right? She's even got bigger boobs than you... oi, Reimu?" She shakes Reimu a bit. No response. "Oiii, Reimu?"

Reimu's silent. "Marisa! Did you break her?" Suika asks, waving a chained hand in front of Reimu's face. No response. Oh, shit.

"Err, Reeiiiimu. It's your tuuuuurn." Marisa shakes her some more. No response. "Oh, maybe we did kill her. More point sticks for me!"

This is actually a bit worrisome. Just as you're about to go over there yourself and check on her, the shrine maiden mutters something for the first time that game.

"Riichi." She tosses the point stick down, then a 5-sou tile. Whoa, where did that come from?! Shit, what's her pond...

Marisa discards her 3-sou tile as you look over the ponds and called tiles quickly, drawing absent-mindlessly as the conversation turns to how Reimu's breasts aren't as big as Alice's. Distracting, but...

Dora: 5 Man, 4 sou. (Indicators 4man/3sou).

You (East): 111234446799Sou5Man+4 sou.

Pond: 6371PinWNGR

Suika (South): Called: SSSS

Pond: 6PinW24PinWhiteG82Man

“How did this turn into a conversation about looks?! I'm so flaaaaat...”

Reimu (West): Riichi

Pond: 119PinNNW19Sou.

“What do you mean, I have no chest! I'm twice as beautiful since I'm the lovely shrine maiden of paradise! I've actually had visitors try that 10,000 yen line on me! More than you'd get, I bet!”

Marisa (North): RRRWhiteWhiteWhite

Pond: 8Man429PinG1Sou1man3Sou.

“Hey, I'll have you know the guys line up aroun' the block to ask me out! I'm a master of love, the mini-hakkero works with it, so naturally I'm the prettiest!”

Goddamn, these women are noisy.

And that leaves you, facing down the Hakurei Miko, with the possibility to go into tenpai. On one hand, your hand is fucking payoff, even on a 9 wait. 6 han for a closed, all-single-suit hand, 4 dora... 9 han, at least one more if you riichi here. On the other hand...

Reimu, her riichi. It could be powerful, it could be weak. But she is in tenpai, and the Hakurei maiden, while she is many things, Crazy one of them, she is not stupid. Definitely not in Furiten.

You look at your hand again, and are thinking, when:

“Oi, Akagi!” Marisa says loudly, catching your attention. You look up.

“Who of us is the best looking, huh?!” Oh, goddamnit. “Me, right?”

“It's obviously me, Marisa.” Reimu takes a sip of tea. “You're too rough.”

“Hey, hey, I'm an oni! We're party animals!” Suika shouts and winks at you. “Don't you think so?”

Oh, goddamnit.

Who's the prettiest?

[ ] Reimu

[ ] Suika

[ ] Marisa

[ ] Other

Annnnnd, the more pressing matter:

[ ] Drop which tile?

[ ] Riichi.

[ ] Don't Riichi.
>> No. 94190
Marisa doesn't seem to be in tenpai, so there's no need to take risks. More importantly, Reimu's not going to declare riichi unless she has a big hand, and the fact that we can only see 5 man tiles on the entire table seems to indicate that someone's trying for a flush. Discarding the dora is too dangerous.

[X] Discard the 1 sou.

A safe discard, and we stay iishanten, should 5 man become a safe tile.

>I'm so flaaaaat...
[X] Suika
It's a status symbol.

Glad to see this back, Inquisitor.
>> No. 94192
I wish I knew enough about Mahjong to actually be helpful here. Nonetheless, I'll put this forward:

[X] Other: Alice

Reimu's rather pretty at times, Marisa is charming in her own way, and Suika is... charming... but Alice has always struck me as being one of the prettiest of the girls. A nice, elegant sort of beauty.

Plus we're filling in for her, so show some loyalty.
>> No. 94195
[x] Other: Alice.

Don't know a thing about mahjong and can't figure it out too well from the vague instructions in the thread, sorry.
>> No. 94196
I wish I knew more about the game to make a vote play wise, but as far as vote as far as prettiest

[x] Reimu

She has a down to earth yet warm appeal. Alice rivals her sure with her slightly cold elegance. But Reimu looks wise is terribly underrated (not just a pair of arm pits);
>> No. 94200
>[X] Discard the 1 sou.

Safe discard? What are you, a fucking pussy? Discard the 5, Riichi. A direct challenge to the redwhite bitch.

[Discard 5 Man]

[x] I'm the prettiest. Riichi.
>> No. 94215
[x] Suika
[x] Discard 5Man
[x] Riichi
>> No. 94224
>>94200
Seconding this;

[x] Discard 5 Man
[x] "I'm the prettiest!"
[x] Riichi
>> No. 94235
[x] Other: Alice.

Don't know mahjong, etc etc.
>> No. 94248
[x] Reimu
[x] Discard 5 Man
[x] Riichi

ilu raymoo
>> No. 94249
[X] Discard the 1 sou.
Safe and steady wins the race. We're winning: no need to screw things up.

Oh, and [X] Raymoo
>> No. 94250
[X] Alice
>> No. 94251
[x] Other: Alice
>> No. 94252
[x] Suika
[x] Discard 5Man
[x] Riichi
>> No. 94253
File 125299407514.jpg - (152.69KB , 735x1024 , 3495869.jpg ) [iqdb]
94253
[x] Other: Alice

[x] lol majungs
>> No. 94254
[X] Discard 5 Man
[X] Riichi
[X] Other: Alice
>> No. 94259
File 125300058799.jpg - (123.38KB , 800x540 , fallout touhou akagi.jpg ) [iqdb]
94259
You have to have the upper hand psychologically at all times. Don't even let their inane banter put them at ease. Even if they get to laugh at your expense, they'll still be second-guessing as to what your true feelings are.

[x] Other: "Beauty is the reminder we have lived. As for you girls, I see no wrinkles, or blemishes, or scars at all. You might say I can't sense any life in you."
[x] Discard 5 Man
If it passes:
[x] "Guess I'll have content myself with ogling your point totals."
[x] Riichi.
If it doesn't:
[x] "On the other hand, spite gives off that nice sort of vital glow, don't you think?"

So glad this is on again.

Of course, our real target is Reimu.
>> No. 94260
File 125300185246.jpg - (258.91KB , 440x360 , alice288.jpg ) [iqdb]
94260
>>94259
>Of course, our real target is Reimu.

Speak for yourself.
>> No. 94261
File 125300447774.jpg - (127.06KB , 400x400 , 121798303329.jpg ) [iqdb]
94261
>>94260

I'd have voted for Marisa, but nobody else did, so...

Isn't it sad, Marisa?
>> No. 94262
>>94261

Marisa's main appeal is in her personality; her looks are cute but in overall attractiveness Reimu and Alice do beat her out.
>> No. 94269
[X] Malice

Why not both?
>> No. 94270
File 125302170325.png - (26.34KB , 400x400 , wtfamireading.png ) [iqdb]
94270
>>94259
What does this even mean? Are you calling them ugly or what?
>> No. 94274
File 125302394355.jpg - (65.75KB , 393x474 , Meiling out the window.jpg ) [iqdb]
94274
I'd be posting right about now, but I have to leave in about 10 minutes for classes over the next Very Long Time, so I'll let the voting continue til I get back!

Character shippers, fiiight!
>> No. 94276
File 125302762985.jpg - (76.12KB , 518x530 , alice001.jpg ) [iqdb]
94276
>>94274
>Character shippers, fiiight!

You have no idea what you've just done, do you?
>> No. 94282
>>94276

I think the cravings should be somewhat subdued in terms of Alice and Marisa (running stories in /forest/ have their routes)

but the big thing is Reimu and Suika (two characters that don't have much dedicated to them); this might inspire some new stories.
>> No. 94284
[x] Discard 5 Man
If it passes:
[x] "Guess I'll have content myself with ogling your point totals."
[x] Riichi.
If it doesn't:
[x] "On the other hand, spite gives off that nice sort of vital glow, don't you think?"

It sounds like you know what you're doing. Unlike me.

[x]Reimu
>> No. 94288
>>94270

Exactly. It doesn't mean anything. You're saying they're not beautiful because they're beautiful.
>> No. 94289
>>94288
No, he's saying that they're beautiful because they're untouched by the cares and sorrows of the world. It was worded strangely, but I'm pretty sure that's what he meant. My apologies if I'm mistaken.
>> No. 94292
>>94289

>"Beauty is the reminder we have lived.

Beauty is a physical measure of appearance.

>As for you girls, I see no wrinkles, or blemishes, or scars at all.

That is to say, they have no marks to show they have lived.

>You might say I can't sense any life in you."

Stating that they 'have not lived' due to the lack of physical signs of the memories of their lives.

If beauty is measured in physical signs gained with age and experience (wrinkles and scars), then without them, they are not beautiful. Apparently.
>> No. 94295
>>94292
tl;dr
>"I like Katawa Shoujo, needs more handicaps, sorry."
>> No. 94296
>>94289

I think this is the case, but about that write in, it's way too fancy to basically say "you all are pretty"
>> No. 94299
>>94292

wabi-sabi, brah
>> No. 94498
Arriba fecha
>> No. 94627
File 125321309477.jpg - (71.91KB , 310x451 , SONOFABITCH.jpg ) [iqdb]
94627
[X] Discard 5 Man
[X] Riichi
[X] Other: Alice
Win. Writing as soon as I get some fucking fuck fuck free time fuuuuuuuck.
>> No. 94638
File 125322010112.jpg - (137.83KB , 1197x754 , asdasdfg.jpg ) [iqdb]
94638
>>94498
wat
>> No. 94707
File 125325455250.jpg - (563.16KB , 715x1000 , Reimu Festival.jpg ) [iqdb]
94707
For my tabletop gaming readers, never agree to run three separate games per week. Never.

[X] Discard 5 Man
[X] Riichi
[X] Other: Alice

“Hmm...” You look between the three girls, before nodding. “Out of loyalty, ladies, I must point to Alice, who I am playing for by proxy.” A smile. “Her elegant charm wins out in the end, although I must admit each of you have your own charms as well.” Your grin as the other girls watch you, jaw-gaping in your third-option choice, and you throw down your riichi stick. “Riichi.” BAM! For good measure, you toss down your 5-man tile, a direct challenge to Reimu! Let's see her get out of this one!

“...” Marisa leeeeans to the left, and says in a 'whisper' that you can hear across the table, to a flabbergasted Reimu: “I think he just likes big jugs.” Reimu's frozen facade suddenly cracks, and she smiles and giggles, while Suika hangs her head and continues to whine about her poor, poor flat chest. In another world you would have told her it was a status symbol, but...

“Oh, by the way, Akagi.” Reimu speaks up, before Suika can grab another tile. “Ron.” The tiles drop, and you see her hidden hand now: 2334455667788 Manzi. A four way wait. Damn. She smiles, counting out the points, the little dear shrine maiden that just destroyed your points. “Tanyao, Dora-3, Chin Itsu, Ippatsu, Riichi, Ipeikou, Pinfu.” A little damn smirk, as the shrine maiden tallies up... oh god, a goddamn Yakuman. Really? Really?! What the hell, writer?!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

You give the girl your points, putting her on par with Marisa and devastating your points: Dropped to a measly 7000 points, under even Suika's 8500, while Marisa sits pretty at her last total, 35000. Lastly, Reimu is at 49500, a devastating point value that you aren't sure you can take back.

The tiles go around, as Reimu segues easily into discussing the lack of donations in town. Suika's east now, and she draws her tiles with relish and hands them off just as much so. Marisa doesn't even glance at you, disregarding you a a threat entirely.

Dora flips. Red Dragon, that makes it white. “Did you hear that that bitch up on the mountain's been hogging on my donations?!” Reimu seems frustrated, more concentrated on current events than the game... but as you just learned, she is paying attention.

You flip up your tiles... and mentally frown as you arrange them. 113599 Pin 456 Sou, two Red Dragons, a white dragon (Dora, Dragons go Green → Red → White for their order of dora), and a green dragon. Shit. Not that great of a hand. Not much you can do about it now, not til your turn. Suika drops a 3 man, humming along while Reimu continues to complain. Reimu draws, and puts down west.

“Oi, oi, Reimu, won't the feast bring more people?” Reimu nods as Marisa draws, then places down 7-pin. “Then what're you complainin' about?!” Reimu sighs.

“I hear that mountain might be running a Mahjong tournament and a festival on new years, too, with the Tengu. If they draw away visitors from the feast, I'll be in debt AND broke” She sighs. “I know they mean well, it's just...” A sigh, as the heavy topic leads into your draw.

“Wait, are you talkin' about those creeps from the village?” 4-pin. Hmmmm. This...
113599pin 456 sou RRWhiteGreen+4Pin. Interesting. This is a pretty fast win... you're only a few pons from victory, though you'd have to give up Dora and another dragon. Thing is... do you want to? If you win the next three games, or if things progress with no wins, if you can't break Reimu's massive lead you won't be able to win. You can't just win, you have to win BIG. On the other hand... this isn't a BAD hand. And depending on what your opponents do, it might just be safer to try to hit second or third and not get such a huge point markdown.

“Yeah, I still owe them a fair amount.... but I'll figure it out.” Reimu shrugs it off, while Suika pats her on the back.

“Right, right! Besides, I've got your back! Hey, Akagi, you'd help out Reimu too, right?!” Suika looks to you.

Either way, it's your choice.

What do you discard?

[ ] Tile.

~

[ ] “If the Hakurei Shrine Maiden needs help, I'd help.”

[ ] “Well... I don't know, I'm always really busy...”

~

[ ] Inquire into what the problem is.

[ ] None of your business.
>> No. 94716
>>“I think he just likes big jugs.”

Oh I think if that was the case Akagi would have mentioned Keine. (Alice is basically on the average side, especially compared to the lovely teacher)

[x] “If the Hakurei Shrine Maiden needs help, I'd help.”
[x] Inquire into what the problem is.

We're a villager so we might know what's going on. And I think we were called in for a reason... a matter of destiny.
>> No. 94728
[x] Discard the 4 sou.
[x] “If the Hakurei Shrine Maiden needs help, I'd help.”
[x] Inquire into what the problem is.

The only way to do this is try to go big. Go for the dragons.
>> No. 94733
>>94200
>the fact that we can only see 5 man tiles on the entire table seems to indicate that someone's trying for a flush
>The tiles drop, and you see her hidden hand now: 2334455667788 Manzi.
Hey.
Hey, Anonymous.
Told you so.

[ ] 6 sou.

We should be able to call the last Red Dragon, and then we're on track for a hon itsu, with a possibility of shousangen or (with amazing luck) daisangen.

[X] “If the Hakurei Shrine Maiden needs help, I'd help.”
[X] Inquire into what the problem is.
>> No. 94775
File 125331256079.jpg - (27.78KB , 366x700 , Cat Mahjong.jpg ) [iqdb]
94775
Hi, ready to learn how to play mahjong? I notice a lot of you have a bit of difficulty with the rules, so I thought I'd post this bit to help you all along!
>> No. 94776
File 125331257254.jpg - (33.60KB , 366x700 , Cat Mahjong 2.jpg ) [iqdb]
94776
>> No. 94777
File 125331259781.jpg - (31.81KB , 366x700 , Cat Mahjong 3.jpg ) [iqdb]
94777
>> No. 94778
File 125331261366.jpg - (33.28KB , 366x700 , Cat Mahjong 4.jpg ) [iqdb]
94778
>> No. 94788
Anonymous cancels vote: Interrupted by Adorable Mahjong Cat.
>> No. 94831
[ ] "It depends. Do I get a percentage?"
[ ] Whatever tile is more likely to give Reimu the win.
[ ] When you get blank looks like usual: "Normally, when something is going to happen that may be harmful to us, we seek to alter the course of events so that we can prevent it, or at least so that we might return to things as they were before. In this case, that the 'problem' that you are soliciting 'help' for to get rid of. However, the temporal nature of things makes this ever an uphill struggle. So, on the other hand, we might instead look at the 'problem' as an 'opportunity'--how to best take advantage of this new situation, making things even better than how they were before. You start by taking stock of potential resources, this is analogous to before when asking for 'help'."
[x] "Now, these are the facts as I understand them: The people you need money from, and the people you owe money to, they're all going to the same place, with their money, with the hope of getting more of it, while also fully expecting they might lose it. I see all of our golden eggs in one basket. We even have a way of getting it without resorting tho thievery: They would have minimal expectations of your involvement and the involvement of those associated with you, not only because of the festival running concurrently, but because you are publicly known to hold a few debts, and certainly not publicly known to be a good mahjong player, which you clearly are, Miss Hakurei."

This story must become more than mahjong hands to sustain itself. I think pulling an Ocean's Eleven is in line with the main character's deep seated amorality, and even more so if we can do it legit.
>> No. 94839
>>94831

What deep seated amorality? The main character is just a villager working at a shop.

And that sounds like a massive dick move.
>> No. 94840
>>94831

What deep seated amorality? The main character is just a villager working at a shop.

And that sounds like a massive dick move.
>> No. 94863
File 12533764215.jpg - (4.60KB , 85x123 , 1238723221756.jpg ) [iqdb]
94863
>>94831
>> No. 94917
>>94831
For what it matters, I'd really like to see a Touhou Ocean Eleven story. Still, I don't think that convincing them would be an easy task.
>> No. 94920
Ocean's Eleven? I am interested in this.

[x] "It depends. Do I get a percentage?"
[x] Whatever tile is more likely to give Reimu the win.
[x] When you get blank looks like usual: "Normally, when something is going to happen that may be harmful to us, we seek to alter the course of events so that we can prevent it, or at least so that we might return to things as they were before. In this case, that the 'problem' that you are soliciting 'help' for to get rid of. However, the temporal nature of things makes this ever an uphill struggle. So, on the other hand, we might instead look at the 'problem' as an 'opportunity'--how to best take advantage of this new situation, making things even better than how they were before. You start by taking stock of potential resources, this is analogous to before when asking for 'help'."
[x] "Now, these are the facts as I understand them: The people you need money from, and the people you owe money to, they're all going to the same place, with their money, with the hope of getting more of it, while also fully expecting they might lose it. I see all of our golden eggs in one basket. We even have a way of getting it without resorting tho thievery: They would have minimal expectations of your involvement and the involvement of those associated with you, not only because of the festival running concurrently, but because you are publicly known to hold a few debts, and certainly not publicly known to be a good mahjong player, which you clearly are, Miss Hakurei."
>> No. 94922
[ ] 6 sou.
[X] “If the Hakurei Shrine Maiden needs help, I'd help.”
[X] Inquire into what the problem is.
>> No. 94927
[x] "It depends. Do I get a percentage?"
[x] Whatever tile is more likely to give Reimu the win.
[x] When you get blank looks like usual: "Normally, when something is going to happen that may be harmful to us, we seek to alter the course of events so that we can prevent it, or at least so that we might return to things as they were before. In this case, that the 'problem' that you are soliciting 'help' for to get rid of. However, the temporal nature of things makes this ever an uphill struggle. So, on the other hand, we might instead look at the 'problem' as an 'opportunity'--how to best take advantage of this new situation, making things even better than how they were before. You start by taking stock of potential resources, this is analogous to before when asking for 'help'."
[x] "Now, these are the facts as I understand them: The people you need money from, and the people you owe money to, they're all going to the same place, with their money, with the hope of getting more of it, while also fully expecting they might lose it. I see all of our golden eggs in one basket. We even have a way of getting it without resorting tho thievery: They would have minimal expectations of your involvement and the involvement of those associated with you, not only because of the festival running concurrently, but because you are publicly known to hold a few debts, and certainly not publicly known to be a good mahjong player, which you clearly are, Miss Hakurei."