[Return]
Archived Thread

File 124363025169.jpg - (31.42KB , 400x267 , RoTS Thread 5.jpg ) [iqdb]
87555 No. 87555
The blue and white fairy continues to hover in air and turns her head up slightly to gaze at me anticipating a reply. Between the hanging bangs of blue hair I notice her upturned eyes glistening in worry and extreme caution, likely out of concern that Mokou has a clear shot. I sigh. This child…

“I forgive you, Cirno.” However, she doesn’t move, but just gives a perplexed look. She raises herhand, then puts it down. What is she…oh. “Here, let’s shake on it,” I offer, holding out my arm. With a childish yell of triumph Cirno flies over to me and sticks out her pinky in offering. A pinky swear? Really? How appropriate I suppose. I take her chilly finger in mine and wrap it in a firm grip.

“There, now the mean fire lady isn’t allowed to touch me!” Cirno victoriously announces, then pulls an eyelid down and sticks out her tongue at Mokou.

Mokou snorts. “Yeah whatever, just don’t make any more trouble and keep it down. I’m going back to bed.” Again she waves her hand behind her and walks away down the hallway.

As soon as Mokou is out of sight, Cirno throws her arms to her sides and grins. “Ha, just as planned! I was just going easy on her. I’m the Strongest after all. If we got into a fight, I might hurt her. I gotta be careful around all these weaklings.” Quite a boast. The child holds the position for another minute and hums in success before finally growing bored and begins examining the room.

“Hey Mister, are you going to go to bed too? Don’t humans sleep at night?”

“Oh I will soon, but it’s not every day that a human gets to meet such a powerful fairy. Can I ask you a few questions?” Words laced with honey.

“Ah, you want to interview me like that crow lady? Sure I guess. I’m the smartest fairy ever and I can tell you all about everything,” she once again brags.

“Well, I’m rather curious as to who is this Letty person?”

The fairy’s eyes practically sparkle at the name. “Ms. Letty is the nicest lady ever! She plays with me and gives gifts and hugs me when I’m hurt and makes things better and can make things cold like I can and this one time she-“ The ice fairy seemingly doesn’t even stop for air, much less punctuation, as she rambles on about the conquests she’s had with her friend.

“And you said she is coming back soon?”

“Uh huh. She sleeps in the mountains when it’s hot, and doesn’t come back to the lake until it gets really cold and all the trees are different. I get sleepy too when the big glowy thing gets strong, but I’m tough so I can stay awake and only need to nap.” She rambles on a little bit about how nighttime is boring while so many creatures are sleeping, calling the other fairies and all humans lazy. Eventually I manage to veer her back to my question.

“…and since she is going to be here soon I want to give her something nice, because I missed her.” Cirno admits wistfully. “She is so pretty I wanted to find her something pretty too…and there is so much neat stuff here so I thought I’d find it.” Ah, a gift for a dear friend. It makes sense now. Still it’s troubling to have her come in and take my things, much less if any of the other fairies catch on. My store would be stripped clean.

“Cirno, I have an idea. There are a lot of things in this shop I haven’t organized yet, so maybe whatever you are looking for is here, just hidden. But even if it is here, I can’t just give it to you. Humans don’t work like that, and Mokou would be mad.” Cirno winces at the thought. “But if you do something for me, I can give it to you. How does that sound?”

“I don’t understand. You have it but you won’t let me give it to Ms. Letty to make her happy?” The fairy’s voice takes a hurt and confused tone, obviously not comprehending the concept of trade.

“It’s not quite like that. Listen, I want Ms. Letty person to be happy. Making people happy is good right?”

“Uuuh!” Cirno sound out in excited agreement and nods her head.

“Well it would make me happy for you to bring me something too. That way you can make two people happy, which is twice as good right?”

She pauses for a second, trying to understand what I am saying. “Yeah more people happy is better!”

“That’s right. So let’s do this: if you find something that will make me happy, I can find and give you what makes Letty happy.”

“OK!” Cirno cheers and throws her arms up for a second, but quickly drops them and cocks her head to the side, puzzled. “But Mister, what makes you happy?”

[ ] Write-in.

>> No. 87556
[X] "Your clothes"

take them off
>> No. 87559
[x] "Helping others."

Eh.
>> No. 87562
[x] "Helping others."

And then Cirno ends up assassinating Marisa's father somehow.
>> No. 87578
>>87562

What a twist! Sounds just like Kira
>> No. 87580
>>87578
It's that or she gets sent to help and support Keine and ends up becoming GREAT TEACHER CIRNO. Who will proceed to teach her students with a variety of wacky or violent methods before eventually gaining their love and support.

It's not like we really have any other friends we can ask her to help.
>> No. 87585
>>87580
>GREAT TEACHER CIRNO
AWESOME.
>> No. 87600
[ze] >>87580
>> No. 87631
[x] >>87580

I can't accept this not happening.
>> No. 87637
File 124365811063.jpg - (139.47KB , 405x418 , 120880788227.jpg ) [iqdb]
87637
You people are silly.
>> No. 87644
[X] Sex.

I just can't help myself.
>> No. 87645
[x] "Helping others."
>> No. 87652
File 124368299857.jpg - (146.01KB , 500x706 , dd112ea047bbc23a9c77a76433125ce5.jpg ) [iqdb]
87652
[x] Sex.

[x] "Helping others."
>> No. 87660
[x] "Helping others."

There's a friend of yours who could use some cheering up.
>> No. 87664
File 124370075226.jpg - (696.94KB , 1082x758 , 222c9efcb380920e958bd81cf6901658.jpg ) [iqdb]
87664
>>87637
>> No. 87695
>>87637
I'd be somewhat concerned that it looks like Cirno has a Death Note there.
>> No. 87696
>>87695

Now that I look, it does say "Death Note" on the cover.
>> No. 87705
[ ] Batteries
>> No. 87706
>>87696
... I... I had no idea i was actually correct when i suggested that. Gosh that makes me feel weird.
>> No. 87779
File 124382893235.jpg - (110.45KB , 600x613 , 1203193864138.jpg ) [iqdb]
87779
What makes me happy? That’s a good question. What makes me happy… other people I suppose. I mean I’m fine alone, but there is something about some of the people I meet in Gensokyo that just…draws me to them. Like we are connected somehow. Sure I like helping customers too. I started this store on whim since I had nothing left after I was fired, but maybe it’s just for the joy of helping someone find an item they like. The excitement and curiosity they show. Is that why? I wonder…

“Hey Mister, are you listening? I asked you a question! Don’t ignore me,” Cirno pouts and waves her arms.

“Ah, sorry I was just thinking. I guess what makes me happy is to help people.” I say with a smile which she returns.

“So we both like helping! Yay~! But if you like helping and I’m helping Ms. Letty but you say I gotta help you to help her then…” the fairy tries to count on her fingers and goes cross-eyed in confusion. “I don’t understand…” she whines.

An idea pops into my mind. It’s a little sneaky, but it won’t do any harm right?

“Well I like helping people who need help. Like…hmm.” How to explain this to a child? “Like if someone has a bad time and needs cheering up, but sometimes it’s worse than a bad day and they won’t smile again for a really long time unless you try to fix it too.”

“Umm…yeah! Like how Rumia gets hungry and seems sad but then Mystia gives her food and she seems really happy again! Like that?”

“Umm…sure I’ll take your word on it. Well there is someone I want to help, but can’t do it right now. But if we work together, I think we can really help her. And then I can give you something for Ms. Letty’s gift and there will be even more people happy! How does that sound?”

“Uuuu, sounds big, but I’m the greatest in Gensokyo so I can do it!” Cirno’s cool eyes burn with determination now, as silly as it sounds. “So what are we going to do?” she asks with clenched fists and fluttering ice wings.

[ ] “There is a nice lady in the place where all the humans live, and I want you to tell me how she is doing.”
[ ] “There is a sad girl in the place where all the humans live, and I want you to make sure she is ok.”
[ ] “Well first we need supplies. Do you see many things on the ground outside? Stuff that doesn’t look like it belongs here?”
[ ] Write-in plan.
>> No. 87780
>>87779
[x] “There is a sad girl in the place where all the humans live, and I want you to make sure she is ok.”

This is not a choice I enjoyed making.
>> No. 87781
[ ] “There is a sad girl in the place where all the humans live, and I want you to make sure she is ok.”
>> No. 87782
[X] “There is a sad girl in the place where all the humans live, and I want you to make sure she is ok.”
>> No. 87783
>>87780
>>"This is not a choice I enjoyed making."

I'm confused. Is this a bad turn of events in the story? Or torn between two different choices?
>> No. 87784
[X] “There is a nice lady in the place where all the humans live, and I want you to tell me how she is doing.”
>> No. 87785
>>87783
I'd guess the latter. I don't want to choose between them, either.
>> No. 87791
[X] “There is a sad girl in the place where all the humans live, and I want you to make sure she is ok.”

As much as I love Keine, Marisa needs more help than she does.
>> No. 87794
[X] “There is a sad girl in the place where all the humans live, and I want you to make sure she is ok.”
>> No. 87795
[x] “There is a sad girl in the place where all the humans live, and I want you to make sure she is ok.”

Cirno seems more useful with the Marisa situation. We ourselves can keep tabs on Keine through Mokou.
>> No. 87800
>>87795
Except Mokou and Keine aren't necessarily on friendly terms here. We did sort of favor Mokou after screwing Keine silly - that kind of thing tends to make people, oh, you know, vehemently despise one another.
We might be able to ask Mokou to just sort of observe, or ask around about Keine - but we can probably forget about anything more detailed than 'she's not dead yet'.

Still, the possibility of Marisa joining the nines through the aid of Cirno is too amusing to pass up.

[X] “There is a sad girl in the place where all the humans live, and I want you to make sure she is ok.”
>> No. 87801
>Except Mokou and Keine aren't necessarily on friendly terms here. We did sort of favor Mokou after screwing Keine silly - that kind of thing tends to make people, oh, you know, vehemently despise one another.

I thought she was mortified at herself for doing the dirty with you while Mokou was dying, and that's why she ran away. Hating Mokou or you for taking her in, well, I can understand it a bit in the context of losing her powers, if that made her especially bitter and misanthropic, or conversely if as a normal human now, she's allowed herself to feel disgust toward you and Mokou for being not entirely human yourselves.
>> No. 87802
Sorry if I'm missing something, but if the idea is to help Marisa, wouldn't Keine be in a far better position to actually do something? If villagers are ignoring and not trading with us because they think we're responsible for her locking herself away for a week, then she clearly has some pull with them. If we could do anything about Marisa's situation directly, we'd have surely done it by now, but since we apparently can't, what good will a sitrep do for us beyond further deepening our sense of despair over her plight?

It seems to me that, ultimately, Marisa must get out of her situation herself. However, as things are, she can't get herself to that point on her own. Likewise, as much as we'd like to help her do it, we also can't do it on our own. And, in all honesty, I'm not sure there's much anyone else can do on their own, either.

So, I think the way to go is to maximize the avenues by which Marisa can be helped, and we do that by getting as many people who can help to do so. As they say, "it takes a village..."
>> No. 87804
>>87802
>Sorry if I'm missing something, but if the idea is to help Marisa, wouldn't Keine be in a far better position to actually do something?

Yes, but as she told us when we first met her, her hands are tied.

>If villagers are ignoring and not trading with us because they think we're responsible for her locking herself away for a week, then she clearly has some pull with them.

No one from the village comes to Kourindou even on normal days.

>If we could do anything about Marisa's situation directly, we'd have surely done it by now, but since we apparently can't, what good will a sitrep do for us beyond further deepening our sense of despair over her plight?

But we don't know what Marisa's situation is. We had Keine to keep an eye on her, but Keine is limited her observations, and because of the issues last time. Cirno can do more by sneaking around, peeking through windows at night, and trying to talk to Marisa directly without having to go through her father.

And we haven't explored doing it directly, because we don't know how bad it is. We might have Cirno facilitate her running away, or find evidence that she is being abused.

>It seems to me that, ultimately, Marisa must get out of her situation herself. However, as things are, she can't get herself to that point on her own. Likewise, as much as we'd like to help her do it, we also can't do it on our own. And, in all honesty, I'm not sure there's much anyone else can do on their own, either.

That's what Yukari said, to turn a blind eye. Fuck Yukari. It's completely hypocritical, seeing our heavy-handed involvement with Mokou, which itself has turned out quite well for the girl.

>So, I think the way to go is to maximize the avenues by which Marisa can be helped, and we do that by getting as many people who can help to do so. As they say, "it takes a village..."

We are one of those avenues. Close her out, because she can get more help from somebody else? Someone less concerned than we are?

And canonically, that's not what happens. Marisa essentially becomes a hermit, studying magic in the the forest. She doesn't have a problem going into the village, but the villagers don't meddle in her affairs.
>> No. 87805
>>87801
Mmmm, true. Maybe i was overstating it a bit there. Either way though, we need to keep in mind the fact that our timefuckery has changed relationships - At the very least Mokou and Keine aren't the buddy-buddy types we know them as (since we've effectively displaced Keine there).
>> No. 87806
>>Cirno can do more by sneaking around, peeking through windows at night, and trying to talk to Marisa directly without having to go through her father.

Until she gets caught, that is. Considering Cirno has now been caught sneaking into both Mokou's and our homes, you seriously think you can trust her to do something that requires stealth?

>>And we haven't explored doing it directly, because we don't know how bad it is. We might have Cirno facilitate her running away, or find evidence that she is being abused.

>>We are one of those avenues. Close her out, because she can get more help from somebody else? Someone less concerned than we are?

If that somebody can help her more than we can, I don't really think how much more or less concerned they are about her really matters, does it?

>>And canonically, that's not what happens. Marisa essentially becomes a hermit, studying magic in the the forest. She doesn't have a problem going into the village, but the villagers don't meddle in her affairs.

Canonically, I don't think Cirno inspired her to leave home, either, yet you seem to think THAT'S a perfectly valid option.
I think canonicity pretty much flew out the window somewhere between the point where Rinnosuke and Keine were making the Beast With Two Backs and her losing her History HAX powers.

Besides, it's still too early for Marisa or anyone else to spring her from her situation, I think. Getting the drive to run away is one thing, but there's got to be more than just being dissatisfied with her home life to drive her to relentlessly study magic on her own, isn't there? A sort of driving force, both inspiring and compelling her to continually improve herself and become stronger.
I seem to recall such a person who could do just that for her, in fact, and I'll give you a hint: it ain't us.
>> No. 87807
Not everything in this story is canon, because every small action can have huge repercussions. It is possible to stick with ZUN's story as much as possible, but variations will occur. This can be good or bad. It offers new chances and new relationships. What Rinnosuke has to do is make sure they don't snowball out of control and that the right people (or at least reasonable substitutes) are in the right place at the right time.

Writing now.
>> No. 87808
File 124387804256.jpg - (243.28KB , 714x500 , 1205968793298.jpg ) [iqdb]
87808
This fairy, strange as she is, might be able to help. Yukari said that Marisa had to make her own decisions or she will never grow as a person, but is that right? They sound like wise words, but Marisa is so young and…well looking to check up on her is ok, right? It’s not like I’m interfering…

“There is a sad girl in the place where all the humans live, and I want you to make sure she is ok. She is a friend of mine, and I can’t visit her because…uhh…there is a bully I’m playing hide and seek with. So you need to sneak in and tell me what she is doing, but you gotta be super sneaky because the villagers don’t like fairies. Can you do it?”

“Mmmm, yeah the villagers can be mean cuz they play too rough. This one time my friend was playing with a big guy who had an axe and he…” Cirno rambles on for a bit about a strange youkai I’ve never heard of. I’d listen, but the late night hours are beginning to take their toll and I stop her. “and then she said- huh? Oh yeah, the girl the village? Sure I can do it! I’ll fly in and freeze anyone in my way and-”

“No Cirno, you can’t let anyone know you are there. This is a sneaky game.” Maybe this wasn’t such a good idea. Her attention span is a bit lacking.

The ice fairy frowns. “Hmmp! Fine I can do that too…sorta. I might need to ask some friends to help. But I’m the Strongest and they’ll listen to me!”

“Good. My friend is named Marisa and she is small with golden hair, like the color of this ring,” I explain, pulling out some visual aids. “And she lives in the house on the eastern side of the village with this writing on the front. Can you read it? It says Kirisame.”

Cirno stares at the kanji letters I wrote down for her, biting her lip in concentration. “Ki-ri-sa-me” she mutters to herself. I decide to just hand it to her so she can match the writing to the house address plaque.

“Can you come back right after the sun sets again?” Might be best if she returns under the cover of night, just in case.

“Yep! I’ll tell you everything I see and then you can make her happy and be happy so I can make Ms. Letty happy!” Cirno rises up into the air and cheers, as if she already finished her mission. Where does this kid get all her energy? If I could bottle it I’d make a fortune. “Is that it? Huh huh?” She asks enthusiastically.

[ ] Revise plan (write-in)
[ ] Ask about something (write-in)
[ ] Go to bed.
>> No. 87809
[X] Go to bed.

Oh, there is no way this is going to end well.
>> No. 87810
[ ] Go to bed.
>> No. 87812
[+] Go to bed
>> No. 87817
>>87807
In short, someone had best be there to kick Remilia's/Yuyuko's/Kaguya's/Komachi's/Utsuho's/Tenshi's/whoever-the-final-bos-of-TH12-is's asses or else we're all screwed? But it doesn't necessarily have to be the people who did it in canon?
>> No. 87818
>>87817
Setting aside that Reimu would probably still be around to handle those incidents if need be, it should still be roughly a decade before Remilia starts causing trouble, let alone any of those other incidents.
>> No. 87819
>>87818
Yeah, but who's to say we won't accidentally end up getting Reimu killed or otherwise incapacitated in some way without our time-fuckery hijinks?
>> No. 87820
File 124389973124.jpg - (264.93KB , 1024x768 , 9409ca593a18ceb508c603b923c58f1e.jpg ) [iqdb]
87820
>>87819

Indeed. Well, at least we know who to get to cover the Imperishable Night and Subterranean Animism incidents. Picture related.
>> No. 87821
File 124390093663.jpg - (383.66KB , 818x702 , d960e94eccad2e9058dc4a1c9c8472b1.jpg ) [iqdb]
87821
Gah, its late.

“Yes, that will be it for now.” I reply with a yawn strong enough to pop my jawbone. “Good luck, and remember to stay hidden.”

Cirno beams and continues to boast about her own greatness, even as I usher her to the door with the yakitori and sweets from the baited trap. Time for bed. I’m nearly asleep before I hit the futon.

==
A new color? The blue hourglass pulsates brightly with enthusiasm. The air grows tense. Something soon…
==

Sunlight forcefully floods itself into my room and through my eyelids. Is it morning already? Just 5 more minutes…

*yawn*

The dining room presents a rare but welcomed sight by the time I manage to clumsily stumble to it. Mokou sits at the table, drinking tea with an amused look. “You really aren’t a morning person are you?”

“Mraaa” I moan unhappily and sit down as she pours a cup of tea which I gladly accept. As I sip it, she stares skeptically with unforgiving scrutiny.

“I’ve seen people do some half witty things before, but getting a fairy to spy on someone takes the prize. You really are something.”

The tea makes a mad dash for my lungs, but I manage to void choking. Barely though. Did she time that? “Huh? You were listening?”

“How could I not, what with that fairy’s constant shouting and cheering.” She takes another sip. “Hope you know what you are doing.”

“Hope I do too. Listen I just want to know how Marisa is.” I lie. I want to much more than that.

“Well whatever. I’m pretty curious as to how this will all turn out now. What you going to give the fairy for it anyways? If I had my way she’d get a pile of ash. Can’t believe you are going to get a gift for that Letty bitch. It’s so weird, I feel like I’m dreaming…”

That takes me a little off guard. “You know her?”

“Well enough. You ever wonder why the winters are so harsh and keep coming earlier? It’s her fault. She’s basically the avatar of Winter. Well it’s more complicated than that but whatever, point is she is a yuki-onna and we don’t get along.”

“Hmm, fire and ice don’t mix I guess,” I mutter before taking another sip.

“It’s more than that. She…she’s sneaky. I mean I’ll do shit but I’m pretty upfront about it. But Letty she…she’s just not right ok? Guess she’s nice to some people if they are useful, but from what I’ve seen she’s cruel as can be. So she gives some ice fairies treats and gets them all excited, which makes everything colder. Her prerogative right? Well what about the rest of us? All the Autumn spirits wimp out and the harvest sucks, then we get ridiculous amounts of snow which lasts way too damn long. And she’s killed people before, I’m sure of it.” Mokou explains her view with a clear dislike for Cirno’s friend.

“Really? That’s a pretty bold statement.”

“Yeah well I’ve been around a long while. Winter didn’t used to be this bad. Gah fuck it I just don’t like her ok? We fought one time and of course I beat her, but she made me feel…cold. I didn’t like it.” Mokou’s expression grows distant, as if recalling a painful memory. “Anyways, just don’t be stupid about all this. Fairies are dumb creatures which live to play and pull pranks. Hell I don’t think most even have a memory. The ice fairy you met is an exception, but she’s got no sense of reality. Yeah she’s a strong fairy, but that’s like being the queen of nothing; you’re still nothing. So she runs around being noisy and obnoxious.”

Mokou is being a bit harsh. It’s one thing to complain about that Kaguya person, but I’ve met Cirno now and she didn’t seem too bad. Against my better judgment, I playfully goad her. “Not a fan of children are you?”

Mokou glares. “Shut up. I like kids ok? Just not when they are acting like brats. Just don’t know how to deal with them is all.” Her face turns a little red as she twirls her index fingers around each other apprehensively. “Especially the girls. They’re always giggling and don’t say what they mean. It’s confusing…”

Subconciously I raise an eyebrow and grin, which unfortunately breaks the spell. Mokou’s eyes go wide in realization of her appearance, something I never seem to get tired of, and drops her hands nervously. “Just forget I said anything. And stop smiling you bastard.” That just makes me grin more.

Artfully Mokou tries to change the subject. “So what are you going to do today? You got plenty of time until your new recruit returns.”

[ ] Write-in
>> No. 87822
[X] "Maybe...Keine is...?"
[X] "..."
[X] "... ... ..."
>> No. 87823
>>87821

[x] "I guess I'll take inventory to see what all I've got. Mind helping me out by checking the box of the list I've got so I don't miss anything?"
>> No. 87843
>>87821

Someone did their research when they drew that pic... *shudder*

[X] >>87823
>> No. 87845
[x] "I guess I'll take inventory to see what all I've got. Mind helping me out by checking the box of the list I've got so I don't miss anything?"
[x] "Or... maybe you'd rather go on your own stealth-espionage mission? Do you think you could check on someone for me? I can promise you'll be rewarded."

>>87820

This. A million times, this.

"Show us what you've learned, Marisa!" as Black-White takes on the both them as the IN 4B boss.
>> No. 87852
[z] "I guess I'll take inventory to see what all I've got. Mind helping me out by checking the box of the list I've got so I don't miss anything?"
[e] "Or... maybe you'd rather go on your own stealth-espionage mission? Do you think you could check on someone for me? I can promise you'll be rewarded."

I hope you have a good reward in mind, >>87845 .

>>87806
>Besides, it's still too early for Marisa or anyone else to spring her from her situation, I think. Getting the drive to run away is one thing, but there's got to be more than just being dissatisfied with her home life to drive her to relentlessly study magic on her own, isn't there? A sort of driving force, both inspiring and compelling her to continually improve herself and become stronger.
>I seem to recall such a person who could do just that for her, in fact, and I'll give you a hint: it ain't us.
Delicious ghost.

>>87808
>“Mmmm, yeah the villagers can be mean cuz they play too rough. This one time my friend was playing with a big guy who had an axe and he…” Cirno rambles on for a bit about a strange youkai I’ve never heard of.
Phobe~

>“No Cirno, you can’t let anyone know you are there. This is a sneaky game.”
Oh you.

>>87817
You know, there were Touhou games before EoSD, right? And it's already been shown that we're in the middle of the PC-98 games.

>>87843
>Someone did their research when they drew that pic... *shudder*
What do you mean?
>> No. 87858
>>87852
There were games before EOSD, yes. But as far as i'm aware EOSD was the first to have a villain actually deliberately doing bad shit to gensokyo.
TH1-2 are pretty much just Reimu's shrine getting wrecked, TH3 was just a 'competition' to enter some ruins, TH4 is Reimu's shrine being wrecked again (i'm sensing a theme here...), and TH5 is tourists from Makai (which although Reimu exterminates them, it's never said if they're actually doing bad things or not).

EOSD however, Remilia is out to be doing bad shit by blocking out the sun. This makes it the first one where Reimu has an actual duty to stop the villain, as opposed to doing it just because she's pissed off as in the previous ones. Though you could argue if the Makai tourists are going to be causing shit then we need Reimu alive by TH5.

At the very most we can currently be in the realms of TH1 right now, because Marisa is still at home and not, oh, studying under Mima in preperation of getting her ass kicked by Reimu in TH2. (unless Marisa is learning in secret and we don't know yet of course. But either way, we'd have probably heard if Reimu beat her up or not)
>> No. 87873
>>87852

Basically, Yuki-onna of folklore aren't nessicarily as nice and motherly as Letty is usually depicted.
Some stories state that they appear before travelers lost in a snowstorm simply to freeze them to death by breathing on them, or to steal their life force, usually through erotic means.
They can either appear clothed, or naked. In the case of the latter, its usually only possible to see their head as the rest of their body blends in with the surrounding snow too well.

So, that picture of Letty I was talking about was probably the drawer's depiction of the aftermath of one of her feedings.

>>87858

I think TH2 was more than Reimu simply having her shrine wrecked.
If I recall correctly, Mima wanted Reimu's power as well as to get revenge on every human in Gensokyo, save for Marisa.
Given the depictions of the characters in this story so far, I wouldn't be suprised if it turned out Marisa's father murdered his own wife (Marisa's mother practiced magic unless I'm mistaken), who was then sent to hell for some reason before busting out and wanting revenge on everyone but her daughter, who she still loved.
In TH1, she also carries a bloody knife in hell.

I'm probably wrong on this, but I think Mima is Marisa's mother here, and will play the Kamina to Marisa's Simon.
>> No. 87876
>>87858
>villain
>bad shit
Not... really. Has there ever been a genuinely evil "villain" character at all doing anything actually truly malicious? It's almost always vague weather-/nature-related incidents.
>> No. 87877
>>87876
Blotting out the sun is pretty harmful.
Same with stealing spring. Sakuya goes out to fix that because the mansion is running low on supplies, or something to that effect.
Corrupting the moon is bad for Youkai. I don't think the humans cared though.
Nothing in PoFV...
Not much in MoF
Utsuho wanted to rule the world
>> No. 87878
>>87877
Don't forget SWR. If Tenshi hadn't been stopped, the result would have destroyed Gensokyo. Also, in PCB, unsealing the Saigyo Ayakashi would have been pretty serious.
>> No. 87887
>>87878
I don't think the Saigyouji Ayakashi would've been unsealed without intervention. IIRC in the bad ends it blooms, but not fully, and if it was actually unsealed there'd probably be more said than just that.
And I forgot SWR cause I don't play the fighters.
>> No. 87921
File 124398669866.gif - (86.76KB , 241x230 , 120729860717.gif ) [iqdb]
87921
There is a painful amount of time left until I hear back from Cirno tonight. Why am I getting so anxious about what she might say? I’m sure Keine and the other villagers wouldn’t let anything bad happen to Marisa. I…I need something to keep my mind occupied.

“Well, I did promise the fairy that I would find a gift for her friend. And there is still a great deal of supplies left to sort through,” I motion to the pile of junk towering menacingly in the back of the room. “Not to mention I need to take inventory to see how much damage Cirno did. Do you mind helping me?”

The pale girl frowns. “I don’t know, that’s sort of boring…”

“Would you rather go on your own stealth-espionage mission to the village?” I say half joking. It wasn’t a serious suggestion, but…Keine. Is she doing ok? Is she avoiding me? Gah, stop thinking.

This time Mokou smirks at my comment. “Oh yeah, what a great idea. Send the girl who stands out like a sore thumb into the village she knows nothing about. That’ll turn out well.” Such sarcasm, but I guess I deserved it.

“Well it was worth a try. So inventory then?”

“Sure, I’ll play with your toys.” Mokou agrees and drains the last of her tea.

---

Toys is a loose term at best to describe the random heap of items. ‘Will anyone even buy some of this stuff?’ I wonder to myself holding a small black and white booklet full of lewd pictures with…oh my. That’s not anatomically correct at all. Women don’t have a-

“What the hell is this?!” It’s difficult to determine whether Mokou’s voice is more shocked or appalled, but I get the feeling she’s already figured out the purpose of the strange rubbery purple device in her hands.

“Oh that? That’s an adult toy used by women,” I reply coolly while fighting desperately to contain a fit of laughter.

Mokou’s face turns to one of the deepest shades of red I’ve seen on a person. She immediately throws it across the room, where is lands and bounces again before hitting the wall with a loud elastic slap.

“Hey now, don’t break the merchandise. I can give you a special discount on it if you like.”

“Geh! I…I…” she stumbles with her words for a moment before her shock turns to an amused sort of malice. “I’m going to kill you for that.” With near inhuman speed Mokou’s fist slams into my arm, sending a wave of hot pain through my body. Oww god damn that hurts, but it was worth it. As I wince Mokou grins, obviously satisfied with her retribution.

“How about this?” She asks curiously, returning to the pile to hold up the metal base of a light bulb.

“Junk. It’s the broken bottom of a device used to make light. Toss it.”

“Hmm” Mokou hums, still examining the bulb cap. “So that Yukari woman just dumped out all outside your house? Seems like a perverted trash pile to me.”

“Maybe, but it’s not all trash. The thing you are holding could have been valuable but was rather fragile, so I imagine it simply shattered under the weight of everything else in the mound. And yes, Yukari did proved all this for me. It’s strange though, I haven’t seen her since before…well the incident last month.” I hate mentioning the bizarre circumstance in which we met. Still feels like a bad dream, yet part of me yearns to see some of it again.

“Weird. Well if she is who you say she is, then I guess she has bigger things to deal with. Not to mention some youkai have weird sleepying cycles. I wouldn’t worry about it.” Mokou’s shifts her concentration to hover over some more scattered items, careful to keep her long pale silver-blue hair from becoming entangled in it.

“You are really getting into this aren’t you?”

“Huh? Ah…guess I am. It’s just neat looking through all this stuff since I never really had much, living alone and all. It’s like sifting through a pile of really bad presents,” she says with a laugh, but it feels forced and dies away quickly. A sort of melancholy fills the room.

“Mokou, is something bothering you?” I ask, a little concerned at the sudden change in tone.

After a moment of simply looking down, she turns to me with forlorn eyes. “Nah, just that…well I’ve forgotten a lot of stuff over time but I still think I can count the number of times someone gave me something on one hand. Ever since I became immortal and all. It’s sorta fuzzy, but I remember when I was a kid I used to get all sorts of stuff, especially on my birthday. It never really bothered me until now, but I don’t even remember when I was born. That sort of stuff just loses its importance over the centuries.”

Mokou trails off and returns to shuffling through the scattered supplies in silence, but her words still haunt me a bit. What is life really like for someone who can’t die? It seems like such a severe trade in which you lose as much as you gain. She can see an infinite number of sun rises and will never fear death, but eventually the memories and people she holds dear will slip away. I don’t know if I could call it a blessing or a curse.

My thoughts return to the task at hand, examining the hodgepodge of goods, books, clothes, and occasional jewelry at my feet.

[ ] Focus on finding something for Mokou. (Specify item type)
[ ] Focus on finding something for Cirno/Letty.
[ ] Optional write-in reply
>> No. 87922
[ ] You want a birthday? Pick a date then, next week should be good.
>> No. 87923
>>Corrupting the moon is bad for Youkai. I don't think the humans cared though.

To be fair, that corruption would only have lasted one night had nobody interfered. By the time dawn came around, Eirin's charm would have completely severed the connection allowing travel between the Earth and Moon, the real moon would have been restored.

If anything was a problem, it was the fact that the night had been frozen, prolonging whatever ill effect the fake moon was having.

There's good reason why it's called the "Eternal Night Incident" and not the "Corrupt Moon Incident" and why when asked about the cause and culprits, Reimu supposedly dodges the issue with ambiguous answers.

>>Utsuho wanted to rule the world

Now that simply doesn't do her justice. She didn't simply want to rule the world, she wanted to destroy it, burning everything and turning the surface into a new Hell.
...then maybe rule it.

You know, considering how many people there are in Gensokyo who could fuck the world over in countless ways if they go tired of playing games and drinking tea, it's actually a little surprising how few megalomaniacs there seem to be.
>> No. 87924
[x] Focus on finding something for Mokou. (Specify item type)

>It’s sorta fuzzy, but I remember when I was a kid I used to get all sorts of stuff, especially on my birthday. It never really bothered me until now, but I don’t even remember when I was born.

Y'know what? Tomorrows Mokou's birthday. I don't care when she was really born, tomorrows her birday now. We can worry about Cirno's present latter, she can help us look for it anyway.
>> No. 87925
>>87923
>Now that simply doesn't do her justice.
Sorry. I can't get to her and I don't want to read the dialogue. I was only going by what other people had said, and I guess my memory was hazy.

>that corruption would only have lasted one night had nobody interfered.
magic team normal ending makes reference to the fake moon. I think it's the only time you ever actually see what it looks like. The date is never explicitly said (relative to the incident night, I mean), but it's obviously at night so I'm assuming it's a different night. I don't think they planned to really return the moon.
>> No. 87948
[x] Focus on finding something for Mokou. (Specify item type)


Mokou had a sad life, and it looks like we are one of the very few she can really get along with.
If we get her something nice, it would mean a lot to her, and it would deepen our friendship. As we go along in this story, maybe we can get more in-depth about how she lives her life, and maybe even get close to her. That would be something I'd look forward to.
>> No. 87950
File 124399862592.jpg - (87.79KB , 551x450 , 1202966591474.jpg ) [iqdb]
87950
Everyone loves Mokou.
>> No. 87957
[x] Focus on finding something for Mokou. Maybe a big sweater or something for those cold nights.

>>87948

I support this wholeheartedly.

>>87950

Ya damn right.
>> No. 87966
[X] Focus on finding something for Mokou. Maybe some good anal lubricant for those cold nights.

Like the sweater, she could use it and think of us!
>> No. 87967
[z] Focus on finding something for Mokou.
[e] Keep an eye out for something for Keine.

I have no idea what other of these would be. This is a terrible vote.
>> No. 87969
[x] Focus on finding something for Mokou. (kitchen knife)

would be a good gift for a yakitori stand owner right (ignoring the fact she doesn't yet have one to our knowledge)? Maybe we'll luck out and get a fujiwara, har har.
>> No. 87995
[x] Focus on finding something for Mokou. Maybe a big sweater or something for those cold nights.
>> No. 88012
File 124408125754.jpg - (9.75KB , 349x193 , 121532677626.jpg ) [iqdb]
88012
>Mokou
>cold



...but seriously, she does talk about being cold in CiLR.

>It was a season of light snowfall, and it had gotten quite cold, but I didn't bother with any tools to make myself warm.
>It was so cold inside the room you wouldn't think that something lived there. I was used to that, though. After all, no matter how cold it got, I wouldn't die. If I could just bear the cold for a little while, a warmer season would come.

>The cold woke me up. The room was completely dark. It seems I'd fallen asleep for a bit.
>I hadn't made anything for dinner yet. I may be immortal, but I get hungry and my joints hurt in the cold. Still, it better suited my personality to bear a bit of discomfort than to find a way to keep warm or eat a bit of nutritious food.
>Yes, after all, no matter what happened I wouldn't die.

[x] Focus on finding something for Mokou. Maybe a big sweater or something for those cold nights.
>> No. 88016
[x] focus on something for Mokou (a nice, warm, comfortable sweater) (also, offer her our place to sleep)

No way she's going back in that shack she lives in after hearing that.
>> No. 88021
File 124409179463.jpg - (141.07KB , 850x750 , sample-8d4787fd972a20f0db8aee5a64cfa784.jpg ) [iqdb]
88021
Upper body heat oriented clothing it is. Good choice. Writing, but its going to take a little bit. Please wait warmly.
>> No. 88022
>>88021

Hooray!
>> No. 88145
File 12442732296.jpg - (348.67KB , 1008x806 , mokou hoodie.jpg ) [iqdb]
88145
I can’t stop thinking about what Mokou said; it’s too heartbreaking. How does she live with it? I suppose she doesn’t have much of a choice, but still it just feels…wrong. There’s got to be something I can do for her. Something I can give her. But what would she like?

The chaotic pile of junk at my feet is so immense that it’s difficult to pull items free from, much less sort. A book about some ship named the “Apollo.” (No.) Cooking knifes. (Eh maybe.) A pair of large headphones. (Well I’m sure any girl would look good in them, but without a music player it’s useless.) A small block called a “Game Boy.” (Hmm I’ll have to examine that later.) A figurine of a bald burly man with a ridiculously large gun. (Strange, the box it came in says “collect all 10” but I only see 9 listed.) Gods there is so much stuff here, how is there nothing I can give to Mokou?

Then I notice something white sticking out beneath a pile of magazines. What’s this? It’s soft, yet thick. What strange material to have so closely knit together. Will this even fit her? Yes, yes this will work. Now I just need to get it out without her noticing.

“Hey Mokou, I left some…umm some wood outside the house in the back. Could you bring it in for me?” I ask innocently.

“Eh? Yeah sure.” Mokou replies apathetically and crawls out from the heap to head towards the door. “How much you want?”

“Oh just an armful is fine. Hopefully it won’t be too cold tonight.”

As soon as she is out of sight I pull the winter coat out from the pile and dash towards the jewelry counter. Where is that one I found a few days ago? The one with the- ah found it! I know she said she didn’t want anything like it, but this is just too perfect. After grabbing some large handkerchiefs I slip into one of the side rooms and begin wrapping the two gifts.

The back door swings shut with a loud thud. “Oi, Rinnosuke where are you?”

“Ah, in here” I shout back. “Just a minute. Go ahead and have a seat at the table.”

---

“What are these?”

“These are your presents. Happy Birthday, Mokou.”

“What?” Mokou’s reply makes her bewilderment obvious. “It’s not my…well I mean it’s probably not my-”

“Don’t care,” I interrupt seriously. “If you don’t remember then we’ll just start a new one. Today is your day, and these are for you. Now blow out the candle on your cake already.”

Mokou stares at me skeptically. “That’s not a cake.” She points to the bowl of assorted fruit I hastily put together which surround the tall candle at the center.

“Just pretend it is, or I’ll start singing,” I warn her. “Now make a wish and blow it out.”

Mokou’s expression turns to a serious thoughtful look as she stares at me for a few seconds before turning back to the bowl. A small smile forms thinly on her lips before she inhales and extinguishes the flame in a mighty puff of air. I sing anyways. She rolls her eyes.

“So are you going to open your presents?”

---

“A jacket?” It’s not disappointment in Mokou’s voice, just confusion and awkwardness like trying to use a new tool or learn a new word. It really must have been ages since she got a gift.

“It’s called a ‘hoodie’ actually,” I explain. “You said you didn’t like getting cold so I figured this will help.”

She smirks. “Well it’s not like the cold will kill me. Besides, I can always make a fire. And hey, didn’t I tell you to stop trying to dress me up?”

“This isn’t girly though. Here try it out.” I push the opened parcel closer. “And just because the cold can’t kill you doesn’t mean you should to let it make you uncomfortable. Enjoy some comfort once and a while, you stubborn girl.”

Mokou lifts the long white coat up, inspecting it curiously before cautiously slips her arms through the sleeves. However, she starts to moan in frustration by the time she manages to fumble with the zipper teeth which she attempts to link together like very small buttons.

“Here, let me get that,” I offer and walk over to show her how to connect the bottom buckles of the zipper. The tab draws the zipper head up to her breasts, and I dare not proceed any further. Mokou stretches out her arms and turns around a bit, trying to get a feel for the tight and amazingly well fitting jacket.

“Huh. Feels good; not like that other stuff you tried to make me wear. How does it look?” It looks great considering she always wears a white blouse anyways, although now Mokou looks so pale I’d accuse her of being a yuki-onna.

“Here I’ll get you a mirror.” Luckily there is a full length one in the store.

Mokou examines her reflection for a few minutes, still enchanted by the strange clothing. “Hmm…not bad. Maybe I’ll keep it. Gonna need to put some wards on it though.”
>> No. 88146
File 124427338694.jpg - (79.81KB , 465x205 , hair pin.jpg ) [iqdb]
88146
Good, she likes it. Time for part two. “There is another gift for you.”

“Oh?” Mokou hops back over; this time with much more excitement. Enthusiastically she removes the cloth wrapping and pulls out a small box. However her expression quickly turns back to confusion when she sees what’s inside.

“A hair pin? Really?” She holds up the smooth wooden stick with little appreciation for the adornment.

“Humor me, won’t you? Might come in handy. Besides, it made me think of you. The design on the end is a phoenix.” She stops to examine it more closely now, running her fingers lightly over the etching.

“Huh, guess it is.” Mokou scrutinizes over the hair ornament a little longer before slipping it into her breast pocket. “So…now what do we do? You’re the expert here.”

At that I grin and pull out a bottle of plum wine which survived last month’s holocaust by being packed away and forgotten in the cellar. After pouring us both a cup and warning her not to get drunk and set my house aflame again, we hold up our drinks to toast.

“To creating new memories.” I declare.
“To getting free stuff.” Mokou replies humorously.
“Go convincing this tomboy to wear something I give her. May she prefer frilly things in the future.” Mokou snorts and almost drops her beverage.

“Cheers!” we shout in unison. Mmm, plum wine was a good choice.

“Happy Birthday, Mokou.”

“…” Again she stares back at me again with a neutral face but intelligent sharp eyes. Finally her expression brightens and the thin smile, a little stronger this time, returns to creep across her pink lips. “Thanks,” and quietly, as if in an afterthought, she adds, “really.”

---

The sky grows dark again.

“You staying here again tonight?”

“Yep!” Mokou replies with a silly grin and red cheeks. Why did I give this girl alcohol again? “Besides, can’t leave you alone with that fairy. No telling what you’d agree to, you big softy. Find anything for her yet?”

“No, but I’m sure something will tu-” but I’m cut off as some of the junk pile suddenly churns and pours over me in a very unnatural way. The mini avalanche traps me up my knees as I’m knocked over. Gah, I’m sure something valuable broke in there too. “Hey, help me up,” I call out, but there is no reply.

Mokou sits at the table howling with laughter, but that’s not quite right. ‘Howl’ would imply a sound, but disturbingly enough there is none. She keeps moving her mouth, but nothing is coming out. I stop, suddenly extremely bothered by this phenomenon. What’s going on?

There are no cicadas whining outside. No wind in the trees. I can’t even hear myself breathe. Total silence, except for something very faint. Something high pitched.

“Teeheehee,” the voices chime ever so softly, before another wave of items begin to fall over me.

[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 88147
[x] Try and fight your way out of the pile.
[x] Listen. See if you can pin-point the laughter you can hear.

Looks like it's those three fairies I can't remember.
>> No. 88149
[Bluff] *speak out loud* "I hope whoever did this is going to enjoy spending the rest of their lives as a cockroach. I'm sure I have something which can turn them into one here somewhere!"

If it is the fairies, they'll fall for it. If not we get called on it and it'll probably make 'em laugh.
>> No. 88151
[x] "One of your fairy friends, Cirno?"
>> No. 88156
[z] Try and fight your way out of the pile.
[e] Listen. See if you can pin-point the laughter you can hear.

Fairies is the cwaziest people.
>> No. 88162
>>A figurine of a bald burly man with a ridiculously large gun. (Strange, the box it came in says “collect all 10” but I only see 9 listed.)
Wait wait wait. Did you just reference the TF2 Heavy action figure easter egg in L4D?

[x] Search for weapon in the pile around you.

SO MUCH BLOOD.
>> No. 88175
>>88162
My very first thought was Barret.
Then Mr. T.
Then somebody else.
THEN I realized it was the Heavy.
>> No. 88178
That's right. Its a Heavy in Gensokyo.
>> No. 88210
>>88175

I thought it was Vulcan Raven.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mme3tdPd5us
>> No. 88222
[x] signal Mokou to help you out of the pile, then find the source of whoever made the mess.
>> No. 88318
[x] signal Mokou to help you out of the pile, then find the source of whoever made the mess.
>> No. 88437
File 124469285320.jpg - (105.72KB , 480x600 , f78617469e66a336a80f43cc02c15245.jpg ) [iqdb]
88437
Heading to Oklahoma for a wedding. Won't be back until Tuesday. I really wanted to update before I left, but it just refused to come together. I'll have something big for you when I return though. As a consolation, there is a new story in /others/ which might interest you. See you in a few days.
>> No. 88708
File 124536515718.jpg - (155.42KB , 886x1300 , 1242870739598.jpg ) [iqdb]
88708
(Guess I’ll combine the votes. Scene feels awkward but whatever)

Desperately I try to push aside the clutter as it slides over me. No good, it’s up to my waist. Dammit I’m pinned down.

“Teeheehee” the laughter rings out again, this time much more audible. Someone else is here, I’m sure of it. I pause, focusing my sense to determine the source but the attempt is futile. The giggling is all around me, and moving. Is there more than one?

*thump* A few more books and clothes fall over me. No good, at this rate I’ll be covered. I need help. “Oi Mokou!” I shout, but Mokou just sits there as if oblivious to my situation. Is she ignoring me? Why can’t she see what’s going on in here?

*wam* A metal pan collides with my head. That’s it; I’ve had enough of this. I need something to throw. There is a long black flashlight in arms reach. Guess that will do. I grab the MagLite and hurl it towards the girl sitting at the table. Gods I hope I don’t break anything.

But it doesn’t reach its target.

“Teeheeh- AAA!” The flashlight collides with something in midair and bounces away as a high pitched cry of pain interrupts the laughter. Suddenly a small blonde girl in red and white appears before my eyes, clutching her head. “Nnnnn” she whines.

The spell is broken and Mokou turns to me with a look of surprise. “What the hell?” She yells and pulls herself up from the table. The floating child winces in tears as two more dart into view from behind me. One is another blonde in black and white, while the other has long black hair which falls nearly past her blue dress. Each has a large pair of thin transparent wings, like those of dragonflies, hovering behind their bodies. They’re fairies!

Mokou stomps over and picks up the uninjured two by the back of their dresses and raises them into the air. The fairies squirm and let out a series of high pictured cries which are impossible to understand but most certainly would give anyone who listened a headache.

“Hey stop!” A familiar voice shouts from the window. The blue ice fairy flies in through the window and waves her arms frantically. “They’re my comrades!” She pleads, trying to pull one from Mokou’s grip. “Mister, make her stop she’s being mean!”

I sigh.

--

“So they were helping you today?”

“Yep. You said I gotta be sneaky so I got some other fairies who are really good at it!” Cirno explains with pride while rubbing her hands on the head of the fairy I hit. She must be cooling it, like a cold compress. “This one is Sunny Milk, and she can make things disappear. And these are her sisters Luna Child and Star Sapphire. They’re good at making things quiet and finding stuff and especially hide and seek!”

The two other fairies huddle close to Sunny Milk and shoot glares of hate across the table towards Mokou and myself. Not the greatest introduction I suppose. Their wings twitch with annoyance, despite my apologizing several times. What fickle creatures.

“And they helped you today in the village?” I inquire.

“Uh huh! No one saw us! They were all too busy anyways, moving things to the road that goes to the red and white lady with the turtle. There were carts and signs and people hitting wood things with weird metal sticks and it would go *WACK* and be really noisy. And I saw the one person with a…” Needless to say the she carries on with her discoveries not unlike a child on her first day of school. It’s cute, but I really don’t have time for this.

“Did you find the house? Did you see the little blonde girl?”

“Oh yeah! We couldn’t see it at first but then Star Sapphire tried to look for the thing on the house walls with that writing cuz she is good at that like I said. We finally found it, but all the doors and windows were shut so we couldn’t get in. We waited but no one came or left so we got bored and went to look at other things.”

Damn. I was hoping she’d have some information about Marisa, but it seems to be worthless. If she is still being held at home I suppose it would be locked up, but the Kirisame house was never a quiet one. Marisa’s father is a business man, and there are always people visiting to discuss money and services. Why would no one be visiting now? Was he not there today? Surely the house wasn’t abandoned.

Something blue disrupts my thoughts. Cirno hops up and down with excitement, yelling something.

“Hey Mister, don’t ignore me! I said where is Letty’s gift like you promised? It better be perfect or Letty won’t like it!”

...oh nuts, the gift. I got so caught up in celebrating Mokou’s birthday that we totally forgot about the real reason for shifting through the unsorted items.

“Oh that. Umm we haven’t found anything yet but I’m sure-”

“What?! But…but you said that if I went to the human place that you would find Letty’s present so I can make her happy! And we went and looked for a long time being sneaky just like you said! So you should have something pretty and shiny for Letty! Where is it? Where is it?!” The energetic fairies rise to the air in agitation, appearing confused and looking around for where the item I should have is located. Mokou turns to me with a frown and shrug, unsure of how I want to handle this.

“Cirno, I’m sorry I don’t have your present yet. I know I promised but if you wait I’m sure that-”

“No! We promised! Why would you say something you don’t mean? I don’t understand.” She trails off as her lips quiver in uncontrolled emotion and tears begin to roll down her face. “Letty is going to come back soon and I just wanted to give her something nice and…and…*sniff* you tricked me! You’re a bad human! Waaaahhhhh” The waterworks let loose and Cirno’s unhappy crying fills the room. The other fairies glare at me with pure unbridled abhorrence and begin to fly around the room, knocking things off shelves in a whirlwind of vengeful vandalism. They’ll tear apart my store if this continues too much longer.

How do I solve this?

[ ] Try to make a deal (write-in)
[ ] Have Mokou scare them off.
[ ] Catch the fairies yourself.
>> No. 88728
[X] Stop! Fairy madness stop now!
[X] "I'm taking my time to get her the perfect thing. Good things take time."

Not the best, but I'm sure others can improve on it, or come up with something better.
>> No. 88729
[x] Catch the Cirno yourself.
[x] Explain to her that you want her to pick the present for Letty, otherwise it wouldn't mean as much.
>> No. 88732
[x]reach into your pocket and pull out the golden lapel resembling the alchemical symbol for silver and give it to Cirno
[x]"A promise is a promise"
[x]ruffle Cirno's hair
>> No. 88733
>>88708

[x] "Gift, gift, gif-Ah ha! Cirno! I know the perfect gift for her!"
[x] Go look for that little gold trident pin you found that one day. Accessories are always nice.
>> No. 88735
[X] Go look for that little gold trident pin you found that one day. Accessories are always nice.

Ok
>> No. 88736
[x] "Gift, gift, gif-Ah ha! Cirno! I know the perfect gift for her!"
[x] Go look for that little gold trident pin you found that one day. Accessories are always nice.
>> No. 88737
[+] Try to make a deal (write-in)
--[+] "I had been sorting things that might make good gifts into one pile, and things that would probably not into other piles. Then the piles fell over and mixed into each other and now it's all messy again."
--[+] "Let's sort through the mess together, Cirno. You know Letty better than I do, so you'd know what she would like."
>> No. 88739
>>88732
>>the golden lapel resembling the alchemical symbol for silver
What the...err...hggg....GET OUT OF MY HEAD.

Well played. For your insight you will be rewarded.
>> No. 88742
>>88739
...wait, that was intended to be a secret?
>> No. 88744
[z] "Gift, gift, gif-Ah ha! Cirno! I know the perfect gift for her!"
[e] Go look for that little gold trident pin you found that one day. Accessories are always nice.
>> No. 88745
[x] "Gift, gift, gif-Ah ha! Cirno! I know the perfect gift for her!"
[x] Go look for that little gold trident pin you found that one day. Accessories are always nice.
>> No. 88783
>>88742
Well that's what it would have been had Anon chosen to search for it instead of Mokou's gift. But since someone figured it and specified the item you win and get the best of both worlds.

Writing now.
>> No. 88786
File 12455355269.gif - (881B , 100x100 , Ag.gif ) [iqdb]
88786
I’ve got to get them to stop this rampage. Mokou could just scare them off, but I promised Cirno that wouldn’t happen. And I can’t break that oath, especially when she is crying so pitifully. Dammit how do I get her to stop weeping? If only I knew what she wanted to give to Letty. Something shiny and elegant…something to do with winter. Winter…gray skies…snow that falls to the ground, then melts, then disappears into the sky again in a strange cycle of three physical states.

A vivid image suddenly appears in my mind. Three arrowed lines emerging from a point like a strange trident. I know this symbol…it was in an alchemy book. Silver. Yes it that’s definitely it. I swear I came across something like that the other day.

"Gift, gift, gif-Ah ha! Cirno! I know the perfect gift for her!"

In a mad dash I throw myself towards the jewelry display in the other room, narrowly avoided a collision with one of the fairies in white. Its here I know it is, that golden pin of strange design which is both beautiful yet unsettling to me. There it is! Without pausing I snatch the pin from the case and tumble back into the room as a bookshelf nearly topples over with a mighty creak.

“Cirno, look I found it! Here take it!” I shout and shove the pendant into her hand. The bawling fairy still howls while wipping her eyes and running nose with her sleeve unhappily, but freezes the moment she notices the present she holds. A loud shriek escapes her small lips.

“PERFECT! IT’S PERFECT!” She cries in sudden joy and complete 180 of emotion, causing her winged partners to pause in midair with a rather valuable vase which I would be most upset to see destroyed. “You found it you found it!” The girl in blue cheers and spins around in midair, elated with the item. Realizing the situation has changed, the fairy partners forgo their tempest of destruction and zip over to examine the new prize.

“She’ll love it I know she will! Thank you mister!” Cirno flies over and wraps her arms and legs around me in a tiny but tight full body hug. The other fairies continue to hover and begin to giggle again, seeming to forget that they were ever angry. After a heartfelt but chilly moment the ice fairy lets go and stares with mixture of excitement and confusion.

“Mister why’d you trick me? That wasn’t very nice,” she chastises with a tut. Hmm, best not to tell her that I just now found it on a whim. I hate to lie to someone so innocent, but…

“I…I was uh…trying to prank you back for covering me in that pile. That’s it! But it got a little out of hand.” Unsure of how to finish the fib, I give a long and deep bow to the magical being 1/3 my height. “I’m very sorry!”

After a few seconds old fingers slip over my head and tousle the hair, sending a shiver from scalp to spine. Cirno grins mischievously and draws away her hand as I bend upwards again.

“I forgive you. You’re a nice human. Let’s play again, ok? I’ll bring my friends and we’ll find lots of fun stuff to bring next time.” She drifts away, waving in sync with the other fairies before whizzing out the window into the night. “Bai bai~” she shouts and the giggling fades into the distance.

With a thud I fall to my knees at the table and shakily reach for my tea, still trying to process what just happened. Mokou sips her cup and smirks with a raised eyebrow, obviously still a bit tipsy.

“That was some quick thinking there, four eyes. Thought I might need to get involved. Glad I didn’t have to.”

“Thanks,” I manage to mutter with exhausting. The three troublemakers luckily didn’t do too much damage other than scattering a few non-fragile items on the floor.

“It’s a shame you didn’t get anything for the trade though,” Mokou says sympathetically. “Heck those fairies didn’t even see your kid. All we know is that no one was visiting at the Kirisame house, and that the villagers were moving stuff towards the shrine.”

“Yeah.” Dejectedly I agree, but my thoughts turn over those words again and again. There is something I’m missing, something lurking in the back of my mind. Villagers gathering…Letty coming…a month since…

An unconscious glance out the opened window says everything. The usually familiar soft-white orb in the distance is larger now, tinged with a red-orange hue which seems just as welcoming as it does ominous. The autumnal equinox is upon us, give or take a few days. The villagers never planned the celebration by calendar day anyways; they prefer to stick to the lunar cycles.

“Oi Rinnosuke,” Mokou probes cautiously. “What’s going on? You’re making that weird face again.”

A sigh escapes my throat in lament to my inability to notice the obvious until now. “Tomorrow is the Harvest Festival. Gods why didn’t I think about that before? Of course Marisa’s father wouldn’t be at the house, he practically controls all the booths.”

“Harvest Festival eh? Never been to the one here, but I’ve seen a few in my days. Always were a bit too crowded for my taste. Good food though, even if the entire thing is sort of chaotic.”

Yes, it’s very chaotic. The entire village lines up along the road to the Hakurei Shrine where the autumn crop is blessed so their food lasts the winter. There won’t be anyone left in the town except for a few sentries, and more importantly everyone wears masks. Masks eh…

“You’re making me kinda nervous. What are you planning?” There’s more worry than curiosity in Mokou’s voice now.

“I want to go see Marisa tomorrow.” My words are heavy with resolve and something else. Desperation?

Mokou’s eye widen with surprise and concern. “Are you stupid? Listen I may not be familiar with this festival, but I know they’re going to have guards patrolling around to make sure no youkai get in. If you get caught, they’ll tear you apart, half human or not.”

She’s right of course. The humans have always been a bit xenophobic, which is reasonable considering they are surrounded by predators, and have always been extra paranoid during a matsuri. It’s risky. It’s very risky. But it might be worth it.

“Everyone will be wearing disguises, and we’ll be able to get lost in the crowd. They’ll be watching for the beast youkai anyways, not humanoid ones.” I trail off, unconsciously tapping my finger to my lip in apprehension. “We could sneak in and find Marisa. I just want to see her and know if she is ok.”

“You don’t even know where she’ll be. If it’s as crowded as you say it is, she could be anywhere. You’re making a huge gamble here. Don’t be stupid; this could end really poorly.”

[ ] She's right, its too risky. I shouldn't go.
[ ] Its worth the risk. This is my best chance to see Marisa.
>> No. 88787
[ ] Its worth the risk. This is my best chance to see Marisa.

I'm all for bad ideas!
>> No. 88788
[x] Its worth the risk. This is my best chance to see Marisa.

Bad ideas ALWAYS have amusing outcomes.
>> No. 88791
[X] Its worth the risk. This is my best chance to see Marisa.

Just don't blow our cover, and we'll be fine. If nothing else we can try to have Mokou pass us off as an acquaintance. Or something.
>> No. 88793
[x] Its worth the risk. This is my best chance to see Marisa.
>> No. 88800
File 124554558264.jpg - (378.05KB , 1200x1050 , mokou crying 5.jpg ) [iqdb]
88800
“Or it could end really well,” I rebut sharply. “I can’t stand waiting any longer and this is one of my better chances to see her. I’ve got to take it.”

Mokou sighs. “You’re a stubborn idiot. Hey…tomorrow is the full moon right?”

“It is. Do you have plans for tomorrow night?”

She pauses and frowns for a moment, as if internally debating between two choices she’s equally torn on. Her hand absentmindedly runs over the white jacket in her lap, wrapping it around her fingers. After a moment, Mokou returns her gaze and grins. “Nope, nothing going on. If you’re going on a suicide mission, I guess I might as well come along. Could be interesting.”

The knot in my stomach which formed during my friend’s minute of silence fades away in relief. “Thanks, Mokou.”

“Don’t mention it. Just don’t do anything too stupid tomorrow.” She yawns. “I’m sleeping here again tonight. You better have a damn good plan when I wake up.” That said, the immortal gathers her presents and sleepily makes her way to the guest room.

“Happy Birthday.” I call out as she makes her way down the hallway.

“Heh. Gnight.” She replies jovially and disappears behind a sliding screen.

--

In the unending and unchanging darkness, a sound cuts through the stillness like a finely honed knife.


“No! Stop! STOP IT!” A hoarse scream rings out from somewhere. I’m already up and running. My mind doesn’t even generate a question in the confusion as I bolt from the bed and sprint to the next room. The door is thrown open and I behold something unexpected.

“Don’t…don’t take…I WON’T LET YOU!” Amidst the moonlight and shadows a silhouette squirms wildly on the floor. Mokou lays on her futon, franticly swinging her arms aimlessly above her and reaching out to fighting an unseen attacker or grab something slipping away. The strange sight stuns me for a moment.

“Aaah! No! NO!” She moans in pain, which drags me back to my senses. In seconds I’m at her bedside, trying to grab her arms.

“Mokou! MOKOU wake up!” I yell in alarm, feeling terribly out of place.

Half opened eyelids reveal a pair of unfamiliar crimson eyes which dart around chaotically under a pool of tears which stream down her face. She’s panicking. As I try to call again, her arms wrap around mine in a fierce burning grip which threatens to sear off my limbs. Oh gods OH GODS it hurts. The pain floods my mind with burning agony, worse than the table fire incident. This time it feels like she really intends to kill me. Her panic pushes into me as well. Shit shit I don’t want to die. My skin could very well be scorched away by her touch at any moment. I don’t want to die like this!

“Don’t…take…” her voice begs.

For a surreal moment we hang there and all I know of is the horror entranced unseeing gaze and the horrible labored breathing of a frightened woman who could turn me to ashes in mere seconds. Every bit of her: every detail on her pale face, the beads of sweat on her forehead, her trembling pink lips, the long disheveled strands of pearl-blue hair held by the strange red and white ward ribbons, each nail digging into me. It all burns into my mind vivid clarity, as if my brain knows that this is the end of everything and to savor the moment before it’s all gone.

She gasps, and as suddenly as it started the attack stops. Mokou’s hands go limp and begin to slide delicately up to my shoulders and shirtless back. Her terrified expression sinks away into the darkness to be replaced by that of sorrow and regret. More tears leak out from behind her now closed eyelids. With surprising gentleness she slowly pulls me down into her until my body covers hers; my head cradled tenderly against her chest, resting just under her chin.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” She whispers over and over again in a mindless mantra and cries softly. Still in my fear fueled heighted state of awareness, I can feel every bit of her. I can feel her muscles loosen and finally relax, no longer strained and tense. The ragged strained breathing becomes a normal steady rhythm, causing my head to rise and fall with her breasts in calms waves which rock me like the gentle drifting of a boat. Even the inferno within her core fades away; the terrible heat of her skin returns to the welcoming warmth of a simple living human. My own panic finally disappears as the transformation is complete. The subtle comfort of being in someone’s arms so late at night begins to lull me to sleep, but my mind won’t stop reminding me of who my current partner is.

Mokou begins to snore softly, arms still wrapped around my bare back and head with fingers weakly grabbing for more to hold.

[ ] Stay like this.
[ ] Try to get up.
>> No. 88802
>>88800 Get.

Holy crap, 2 updates. The Doc's on fire today.

[ ] Stay like this.
Izz nice.
>> No. 88808
[X] Stay like this.
[X] But get in a slightly more comfortable position, though.
>> No. 88811
[z] Stay like this.
[e] But get in a more comfortable position, though.
>> No. 88831
[x] Stay like this.
[x] But get in a slightly more comfortable position, though.
>> No. 88834
[x] Stay like this.

Feels good man
>> No. 88837
[X] Try to get up.

Assuming she wasn't actually awake during any of what just happened, just how well do you think she'll take the discovery of her male, shirtless friend sleeping on or next to her?
>> No. 88839
[X] Try to get up.
>> No. 88840
[x] Stay like this.

We can just show her the burn marks.
>> No. 88849
>Assuming she wasn't actually awake during any of what just happened, just how well do you think she'll take the discovery of her male, shirtless friend sleeping on or next to her?

Yes, her male, shirtless friend with severe burns. Even if that doesn't jog her memory, the implication that she attacked us would still be there. This way she actually has to wake us up to leave, so that she won't be able to slip away in silent shame the next morning, like Keine.

We've lost too many people because we were afraid to hold on to them; I won't let it happen again now.
>> No. 88857
>>88849
Agreed.

[x] Stay like this.
>> No. 88860
File 124560493442.png - (408.06KB , 692x750 , 1245396826875.png ) [iqdb]
88860
The logical behind both arguments is reasonable. Its just that some other factors might be in play here as well.
Impromptu cuddling it is. Writing now.

Oh, and don't forget to wish you dad a happy Father's Day.
>> No. 88868
>>88860

hooray!
>> No. 88869
File 12456140023.jpg - (502.87KB , 799x1094 , 4f9236c3b873c2195092876ca3217de2.jpg ) [iqdb]
88869
I probably shouldn’t be doing this. Regardless of the cause, I’m lying half naked and uninvited in bed with a woman who could easily kill me. Somehow this doesn’t seem like the best of ideas, but…

…it does feel rather nice. Being with Keine was a brief wonderful rainstorm in a drought of activity with bed partners, yet having her disappear so suddenly left a sort of anxiety which has never fully faded. To lie with a woman, to just enjoy her warmth and supple skin against my own, to rest my head against her bosom and let the rest of the world fade away…there really is no greater bliss for a man.

With a sigh I start drifting to slumber, but my mind is just active enough to consider and appreciate this moment. Now that I think about it, Mokou and I never really touched before except with playful punches. We’ve never been this physically close before, this connected. She may be a stubborn tomboy with a violent streak and a fowl mouth, but she does have her charms.

Why did I never notice until now? She somehow seems different, like this is not the person I met in the bamboo forest filled with fire and blood. Sure I tried to change some of her habits, like trying to make her more feminine and bathe regularly, but that was always more about trying to make her presentable to the village as a person. But her being female never really registered in my mind except for a tertiary trait. She’s a friend, a brother-in-arms of isolation and misunderstandings by humans. However this… she really is a woman, strange as she is. I never had a chance to notice before how her skin feels soft like a woman’s. How she can smell feminine, even without scented body washes and perfume. How her soft breathing and heartbeats are not that of a monster or bizarre abnormality of life, but rather just a teenage girl’s (even if she isn’t a teenager.)

…Curse, my arm is going numb. I need to get into a more comfortable position if I’m staying. Hopefully I won’t disturb her.

Sadly such a wish couldn’t be granted. I manage to roll off her chest well enough, but the change in temperature must have been noticeable enough, despite the fact that she is still wearing her day clothes. Her snoring breaks. The soft touch on my back fades away as Mokou pulls back her arms and turns to me groggily. After a pregnant moment of silence, she finally speaks.

“Rinnosuke?” Mokou sleepily calls out in confusion.

I pause, unsure of how to proceed. “It’s me,” I reply calmly.

“Ahh,” she moans in acknowledgement, bringing her arms back down to rest on me. Then seconds later…

“What the fuck?!” Mokou screams at me and before I can realize what’s happening, she manages to kick me in the gut with enough force to make me double over and roll off the futon. Oww that hurt.

“What’s going on? What are you doing here?” She roars, stumbling and scooting backwards awkwardly along the floor away from me. “Wait, this is your…” she trails off to wipe her tears, then gazes at the damn hand in confusion. “Why is my face wet?”

What in the heck? Does she not realize what just happened? With a painful grunt I manage get up to a sitting position

“Mokou calm down. You were screaming and crying in your sleep. Gods you really scared me there. I came to help you but… but you wouldn’t wake up and then you sorta grabbed my arms…” I trailed off, hesitant to mention that she just tried to end me. “What happened to you? Were you dreaming or having a night terror or something?” I know about night terrors. Marisa had some when she was younger; she’d just sit up in bed crying as if she were awake and then just stopped like she was asleep the whole time and nothing happened.

“I don’t remember. I think I was dreaming but…” Mokou shakes her head to clear her mind and comprehend the situation. “I don’t know. Gah I haven’t had one of these in decades.” Bitterly she adds, “what the hell…”

“Are you sure you’re ok? You were screaming things about someone taking something from you. Then you started apologizing and crying more.”

“No idea… I mean the only thing remotely like that is-” but she stop mid sentence and turns even paler, if that is possible. Any color in her porcelain skin drains away, leaving a dreadful corpse like appearance.

“Hey are you going to be sick? You look terrible.” I walk over and reach out to put a hand on her shoulder, but she forcefully slaps it to the ground and holds it there. Her eyes seem wild and worried, like a storm of emotion was churning inside.

“I’m fine. Just…gah I just need some fresh air. You go back to sleep.” She answers weakly.

She doesn’t look fine. “You sure you don’t want any company?”

“No, uh…I just want to be alone for a bit, ok?” She her voice carries a hint pleading. “I just need a moment. Ok? Gotta sort my thoughts.”

“I understand. Umm…good night Mokou.” The hesitation in my voice shows that we both really don’t know what to do.

“Night” she mutters absently as I leave the room.

--

Lying in bed, I can’t shake the vivid image of Mokou and how she filled my senses. That girl always acts cool headed or angry, but she always seems to be in control. Never vulnerable. But that face was so full of pain and fear. And resting against her was so nice, it just…gah this is confusing. I don’t even know what’s going on with her. The only thing I’m certain of is that it could have been worse and I’d easily be ashes now.

Sleep comes. No dreams, just a faint flicker and tink-tink-tink of…

--

Streams of light assault my eyes, dispersing my slumber like clouds blown away by the steady wind. What a night. I recoil for a moment as the hand shaped burns and bruises on my upper arms give an unavoidable reminder of late night’s deed. I’ve had worse, but still that really smarts. With a grunt I make my way to the kitchen, noting that the guest room is devote of its occupant.

Where is Mokou?

The search thankfully ends quickly as I make my way outside to the front porch. Just beside the door is a sleeping figure, curled upright with back against the wall and one leg tucked into her chest. Bangs of hair hang limply from her head, which droops awkwardly forwards to rest against her knee. The white jacket I gave last night lays wrapped around her, hands clutching the edges tight. Guess she still has trouble with the zipper.

[ ] Wake her, that can’t be comfortable.
[ ] Let her be. Make some breakfast.
>> No. 88870
[X] Let her be. Make some breakfast.
>> No. 88871
[X] Let her be. Make some breakfast.
>> No. 88874
[ ] Let her be. Make some breakfast.

My guess, she was having nightmares about that night she and Iwakasa made it to the top of the mountain, where the truth about jar's contents were spilt and everyone besides her.

>“Don’t…don’t take…I WON’T LET YOU!

That's the thing she won't let be taken from her. She's holding on to the Hourai elixir, and she's driven to murder for the first time.

>“I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry.”

However, this murder is her regret, because she bore no ill will toward him.

We also have to take into account that the relevant parts of her past in CiLR are in the form of dialogue to Keine, so she may have left important information out if the truth was more traumatic. Did Sakuya-hime really kill the other soldiers, or was it simply Mokou and Iwakasa? Did they sleep together that night, after the ordeal? These are the kind of maybes that would explain why her reaction was so violent and regretful, why she went to sleep against someone she just tried to kill, and why she became so horrified at doing this to Rinnosuke.
>> No. 88875
[X] Let her be. Make some breakfast.
>> No. 88878
[X] Let her be. Make some breakfast.

Is this Mokou route? I'm torn between her and Keine. Curse my love for beautiful damaged women. When are you going to give us another H scene?
>> No. 88879
>>88878

Dude, Doujin and porn are like Scorn and scat. Where one is, the second is never far away.
>> No. 88884
>fowl mouth

I was not aware that Mokou had a beak.
>> No. 88885
>>88884

Sometimes that "possessed by phoenix" thing causes some problems with the whole regeneration process.
>> No. 88886
File 124563685721.jpg - (202.42KB , 465x699 , 1211344823932.jpg ) [iqdb]
88886
>>88884
Oh hell, I didn't even notice that. Now I'm punning unconsciously! This doesn't bode well at all.

>>88878
There are no routes. You are free to bang any and all Gensokyo girls as you see fit. After all, the true name for ROTS is Rinnosuke's Outlandish Touhoe Sexcapades

>>88874
I like you.
>> No. 88887
[X] Let her be, make some breakfast.
Probably the best choice because waking people up usually means they'll be in a bad mood. Making breakfast for her would probably cheer her up. Donno about you guys, but I'm all for the Mokou route after hearing that.


>>88874
What you say makes pretty good sense. But I doubt she was the one to kill those guys. It was confirmed in CiLR CH4 that she was, in fact, asleep when they died.

>>88885
But Mokou doesn't regenerate. She reincarnates (thus why she won't die even if you destroy every atom of her).
>> No. 88888
>>88886
>You are free to bang any and all Gensokyo girls as you see fit.

Awesome. Just. Awsum.
>> No. 88889
>>88887
>It was confirmed in CiLR CH4 that she was, in fact, asleep when they died.

Like I said, it was expressed in an account Mokou gave to Keine. We're only given the details meant for her ears.
>> No. 88897
>>88887
She does regenerate. She already did it in this story.
>> No. 88899
>>reincarnation
>>regeneration
I like both. If her body is capable of repairing itself, it will do so and regenerate what is needed. If the damage is so immense that she is pretty much scattered in pieces, she'll turn to ash and reincarnate.
>> No. 88900
We could expect Mokou's immortality to be slightly different from that of Kaguya's, because of the phoenix she has inside of her. Whereas Kaguya would likely regenerate from any wound no matter how grevious, Mokou additionally can self-immolate at will and instantly reincarnate fully-formed, on top of this. "Reincarnation" would normally seem to be sort of disingenuous in the context of Hourai immortals, since the term istelf carries karmic weight and assumes that an immortal can die in the first place; however because the phoenix inside her really is reincarnating, it is not wholly without merit.

Of course, this is assuming that Kaguya's ability to manipulate transience doesn't allow her to perform something similar. The addition of her powerful sacred treasures to her abilities should be more than enough to mitigate any handcap that arises.
>> No. 88903
>>88900

>the phoenix she has inside of her

Where does it ever say this? Didn't Kaguya and Mokou both just drink the Hourai Elixir?
>> No. 88908
>>88903
One of her spellcards is called "Possessed By Phoenix", but it is never really indicated if she actually is possessed, or if she just thought it was a cool name.
>> No. 88915
Mokou having a phoenix is pretty much fanon, but that's because ZUN is a lazy dick when it comes to character explanations. Being immortal and having a phoenix is redundant, but there is also no explanation as to why Mokou has the ability to control fire despite being human. The wiki says that whoever drinks the hourai elixir "will be as vulnerable to damage as before, but will regenerate from any injury; critical injuries will be healed in a matter of days. If one is completely destroyed, it triggers the resurrection mechanism that completely restores one's body and soul instantly" so the rebirth factor of a phoenix becomes relevant.

In the end we shouldn't really worry about it, and if you are bored might I suggest the doujin below.

http://gallery.gensokyo.org/archive/Haniwa_s_Store_-_Immortal_Wings.zip
>> No. 88918
>>88899
Meh, I like the idea of Reincarnation better than regeneration, because to regenerate you actually need something to work with (ashes, a body cell, etc). Whereas Mokou can be "resurrected instantly if her body is completely destroyed", it indicates that rebirth factor, like the Phoenix... but without the need of ashes. With this set, I think it's safe to say she simply reincarnates into a new body if it's not sufficient enough to hold life.
Well, at least that's what it said in Imperishable Night. So that's what I'm going with.

Also, >>88915
You're right about the fire. Maybe it's just an ability she earned through her years of battle/knowledge? Either way, it doesn't make a difference. All we know is she can do it, and that's all we need to know. Good luck on the writing, I look forward to reading it.
>> No. 88920
Hey, a Keine path isn't totally lost, is it? Just figured I should ask.
>> No. 88923
File 124570386528.jpg - (107.88KB , 475x634 , 1203291352400.jpg ) [iqdb]
88923
>>88920
Oh I'm sure you'll see the beautiful schoolmarm lover again.

>>88918
Thank you.

And soon begins the next chapter. [Festival Night]
>> No. 88924
>>88915
>>88918

Don't forget that, according to Touhou lore, when something lives for a long time it tends to gain magical properties. It goes without saying that this would most likely also apply to humans.
Maybe her power manifested itself as fire due to her personality, which, in combination with her immortality, caused her to become associated with (or, possibly, caused her to associate herself with) a phoenix?

But this is no longer relevant. I'm just speculating for the hell of it.
>> No. 88925
>>88924

Oh, wait, found it in Perfect Momento:
>>She is human, but they say she never ages and cannot be destroyed. Because she has lived for so long, she has learned various magics, and can be said to be on equal footing with youkai.
>> No. 88938
>>88925
When you think about it, learning to create and manipulate fire is really a rather practical thing to learn if you're living in the wilderness like she basically was. Being able to have instant light, heat, and a means of cooking food on-demand really is quite useful, as well as the added bonus of being able to use it offensively, be it to ward off predators or to treat any possible eternal nemeses you may unexpectedly encounter after thinking they were long gone to an excruciatingly painful (albeit temporary) death.
>> No. 89064
>>88938

Quoted from Mokou in Cage Lunatic Runagate

"Lately, it had been getting dark early, so by the time I got back the inside of the house was already pitch black. It was a season of light snowfall, and it had gotten quite cold, but I didn't bother with any tools to make myself warm.

It was so cold inside the room you wouldn't think that something lived there. I was used to that, though. After all, no matter how cold it got, I wouldn't die. If I could just bear the cold for a little while, a warmer season would come."
>> No. 89080
>>89064
And your point is...?
Magical fire powers can be very useful for the uses stated. Whether or not Mokou has the sense to actually make use of them in such a way is a different matter, completely.
>> No. 89100
>>89080
nothing. I'm agreeing with you.
>> No. 89109
Guys guys, we gotta stop fighting and work together to focus on more important things. Like how not to die during a Mokou H scene
>> No. 89118
>>89109

THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT SUPPORTS YOUR CAUSE WITH THE UTMOST ENTHUSIASM.
HOW MUCH FUNDING DO YOU NEED?
>> No. 89136
>>89109

1. Stab her with a kitchen knife
2. Eat her liver
3. ?????
4. Profit
>> No. 89139
>>89109
Never let her get off.
>> No. 89169
>>89139
If we're caught doing that, we'd most certainly die!
>> No. 89170
>>89136

yes. YES. YYEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!
>> No. 89172
>>89169
Hell hath no fury...

>>89136
...like a woman Scorn'd.

>>89118
An intelligent and creative write-in should suffice. I can think of at least three. Also votes. I like votes.

There will be no liver eating in this story.
>> No. 89181
File 124616640742.jpg - (52.31KB , 500x375 , 6a00c225259fe3604a00e398c88f440005-500pi.jpg ) [iqdb]
89181
>There will be no liver eating in this story.

Wait wait wait, you're telling me we can't even enjoy a nice meal of pork liver? This is bullshit.
>> No. 89196
>>89139
>Never let her get off.

Maybe if you meant this in a more literal sense.
>> No. 89211
>>89196
It's in any sense you want it to be. The sexier the better.
>> No. 89762
[X] Let her be. Make some updates.
>> No. 89782
File 124682519868.jpg - (417.55KB , 945x1628 , 4d5f57a8bc4472ac35e546aaf5be21c0.jpg ) [iqdb]
89782
Mokou doesn’t look comfortable, but she is asleep and that’s at least something. It’s probably best to leave her be. At least she is still here; I was half afraid she’d just up and leave after last night. What was I thinking? I mean it was nice...well after the danger of instant fiery death was gone…but I was still in her bed and Mokou seemed a bit shaken up. Anything that could bother her so much is probably something to worry about. What will she say when she wakes up? Mentally I reassure myself it would be fine, but my gut says otherwise as I make my way to the kitchen

---

By the time the vegetables are cut and the pots are boiling, the front door slams shut loudly. Seconds later Mokou appears in the kitchen to stare silently with a fuming scowl. Oh hell she’s mad. Without a pause she walks straight over and grabs my arms.

Shit this is going to hurt.

Uncontrollably my eyes start to shut in a wince, but no pain comes. Instead Mokou slides the sleeves of my shirt up to reveal the red and purple hand shaped marks of obvious burn and bruising just below my shoulders. The moment they come into view the cloth goes limp in her hands, which drop lifelessly back to her sides.

“Fuck” she mutters in a sort of angry sorrow and turns away. I know I should say something, do something, but the silent air between us is just so tense. A few more seconds pass before Mokou waves her fists and screams at the top of her lungs “DAMMIT!” The explosion of emotion breaks my stupor.

“Mokou…”I call out tenderly and reach for her shoulder, but she slips away from it. Oh no you don’t. Doubling my effort I place both hands on her shoulders and squeeze firmly, preventing her from escaping my grip and the topic at hand. She shakes, battling to quell whatever forces stir inside, and hides her face in her hands for a few minutes. Finally she reaches up to pry my arms away before turning back to me.

“…I’m sorry.” She hoarsely whispers with obvious self loathing, unable to bring her eyes up to meet mine. “Fuck I’m sorry. I’m really really sorry.”

“Hey it’s alright, it was an accident. You were asleep and I overstepped my bounds. I should have been more careful.”
Stupidly I add “It could have been worse” to which she flinches and bites her lip. Oh hell I shouldn’t have said that. Yet her expression does something to me, sending a sort of tingling through my body not unlike that of panic but different. For a moment I stop thinking and simply react by pulling the girl in front of me into a tight embrace and most certainly overstepping my boundaries. I swear I get myself into more trouble like this.

Held securely against me, Mokou freezes in shock but burns warmer with each heartbeat. “Wha…what are you doing?” she demands in confusion, voice much higher pitched than normal but muffled against my chest. I squeeze harder to take advantage of this moment while she is still too surprised to be angry.

“I’m going to suffocate you until you stop hating yourself.” I reply back humorously. She snorts but doesn’t try to escape. A few more seconds pass before she slowly brings her hands up to my back; wring the robe between her fingers. Mokou says nothing more as we stand there for endless minutes, the wetness by her face that seeps through my clothes say enough. Finally she pulls herself away with a red tinge covering her usually pale face.

Cautiously I question her. “Do you want to talk about it?”

“No, I really don’t.” She says and shakes her head sadly. “I don’t want to be haunted by it anymore. Maybe someday, just not now.”

“That’s fine. Do you want some breakfast?”

“Sure, just one things before that.” I should have been expecting something, but before I realize what will happen Mokou connects her fist with my side. With a groan I sling back and clutch my gut but am relieved as Mokou gives a familiar smirk.

“Ok, now I’m ready to eat.” She says as if nothing happened, even though the hint of something continues to hang in her eyes.

---

My empty bowl of rice clatters against the table to announce the end of my meal. Strangely enough Mokou seemed hungrier than usual, eating twice as much as her normal servings. Still clutching her chopsticks, Mokou pauses and raises an eyebrow skeptically.

“So what’s the plan for tonight? Mind filling me in on how we’re going to sneak into the festival to find Marisa?”

[ ] Write-in plan.
>> No. 89803
[x] "It's an operation on two fronts, because we can't know where Marisa will be alone at any given time."
- [x] You'll go into the village this morning, bringing a change of clothes and a mask; specifically you're paying a visit to Keine.
- [x] After getting information from Keine and checking on how she's been, which should take some time, you can offer to take Keine to the festival, with the incentive that Mokou is waiting to be introduced to her properly.
- [x] If she accepts, you will introduce her to Mokou, who will then take off, while you stick around Keine, giving you an alibi for the whole evening.
- [x] If Keine declines, state you'll be checking out the booths; instead, you'll be taking an extended dip in one of the public bathhouses until it's time that the booths will have been set up, then changing into your spare set of clothes and your mask (which by then would be appropriate to wear). You'll then check if Marisa is still at the house, covertly.
-- [x] If she isn't, you will go to the festival to try to get Marisa alone while Mokou hopefully has Keine and/or Marisa's father occupied.
-- [x] If she is, take her straight to Kourindou.

[x] Mokou will go to the festival in full costume, to scope out the booths in the evening. Make sure to tell her the specifics of Marisa and her father's appearance; considering she'd be wearing a mask at the festival, she can be identified by wavy blond hair with a woven lock on one side.
- [x] If at any time Keine shows up without you, she should introduce herself and engage her in conversation to keep her attention occupied, as well as informing her that you went home early, so that she won't be on the lookout.
-- [x] If she see you arriving later, she should use that time to try to ask Keine to be introduced to the various vendors so that she can positively confirm what the father looks like as well as keep his attention occupied.
-- [x] If she doesn't see you arrive by the time the booths close, then she should assume you got Marisa and return to Kourindou.
- [x] If you show up with Keine, after making introductions, Mokou will take off to search for Marisa alone. Make sure Mokou knows something about you that only Marisa would, so that she can gain her trust.
-- [x] If she spotted her during the festival, she should try to take the opportunity to get her alone while you have Keine occupied, and take her to Kourindou so you can talk to her when you get back.
-- [x] If she didn't, she should return to the village amidst a group of returning revelers, and check Marisa's house. Make sure she know the description of the house and/or the address. If she cannot find it, she can ask for directions.
-- [x] If she can't find Marisa, she should return to the festival for one last look around.

[x] If at any point you both run out of options, you should try to enjoy the rest of the festival together.

If this looks excessively complex, it's because it's to give the both of you a specific plan of action in all the likely directions the situation might take. This is important since you likely will both be operating on your own at most points.
>> No. 89805
[x] "It's an operation on two fronts, because we can't know where Marisa will be alone at any given time."
- [x] You'll go into the village this morning, bringing a change of clothes and a mask; specifically you're paying a visit to Keine.
- [x] After getting information from Keine and checking on how she's been, which should take some time, you can offer to take Keine to the festival, with the incentive that Mokou is waiting to be introduced to her properly.
- [x] If she accepts, you will introduce her to Mokou, who will then take off, while you stick around Keine, giving you an alibi for the whole evening.
- [x] If Keine declines, state you'll be checking out the booths; instead, you'll be taking an extended dip in one of the public bathhouses until it's time that the booths will have been set up, then changing into your spare set of clothes and your mask (which by then would be appropriate to wear). You'll then check if Marisa is still at the house, covertly.
-- [x] If she isn't, you will go to the festival to try to get Marisa alone while Mokou hopefully has Keine and/or Marisa's father occupied.
-- [x] If she is, take her straight to Kourindou.

[x] Mokou will go to the festival in full costume, to scope out the booths in the evening. Make sure to tell her the specifics of Marisa and her father's appearance; considering she'd be wearing a mask at the festival, she can be identified by wavy blond hair with a woven lock on one side.
- [x] If at any time Keine shows up without you, she should introduce herself and engage her in conversation to keep her attention occupied, as well as informing her that you went home early, so that she won't be on the lookout.
-- [x] If she see you arriving later, she should use that time to try to ask Keine to be introduced to the various vendors so that she can positively confirm what the father looks like as well as keep his attention occupied.
-- [x] If she doesn't see you arrive by the time the booths close, then she should assume you got Marisa and return to Kourindou.
- [x] If you show up with Keine, after making introductions, Mokou will take off to search for Marisa alone. Make sure Mokou knows something about you that only Marisa would, so that she can gain her trust.
-- [x] If she spotted her during the festival, she should try to take the opportunity to get her alone while you have Keine occupied, and take her to Kourindou so you can talk to her when you get back.
-- [x] If she didn't, she should return to the village amidst a group of returning revelers, and check Marisa's house. Make sure she know the description of the house and/or the address. If she cannot find it, she can ask for directions.
-- [x] If she can't find Marisa, she should return to the festival for one last look around.

[x] If at any point you both run out of options, you should try to enjoy the rest of the festival together.

Long write-in is long.
Good plan is good.
>> No. 89813
I know I am being a slowpoke here, but, Anons, am I dreaming or is the protagonist of this CYOA --- THE KOURIN?!
>> No. 89814
[x] "It's an operation on two fronts, because we can't know where Marisa will be alone at any given time."
- [x] You'll go into the village this morning, bringing a change of clothes and a mask; specifically you're paying a visit to Keine.
- [x] After getting information from Keine and checking on how she's been, which should take some time, you can offer to take Keine to the festival, with the incentive that Mokou is waiting to be introduced to her properly.
- [x] If she accepts, you will introduce her to Mokou, who will then take off, while you stick around Keine, giving you an alibi for the whole evening.
- [x] If Keine declines, state you'll be checking out the booths; instead, you'll be taking an extended dip in one of the public bathhouses until it's time that the booths will have been set up, then changing into your spare set of clothes and your mask (which by then would be appropriate to wear). You'll then check if Marisa is still at the house, covertly.
-- [x] If she isn't, you will go to the festival to try to get Marisa alone while Mokou hopefully has Keine and/or Marisa's father occupied.
-- [x] If she is, take her straight to Kourindou.

[x] Mokou will go to the festival in full costume, to scope out the booths in the evening. Make sure to tell her the specifics of Marisa and her father's appearance; considering she'd be wearing a mask at the festival, she can be identified by wavy blond hair with a woven lock on one side.
- [x] If at any time Keine shows up without you, she should introduce herself and engage her in conversation to keep her attention occupied, as well as informing her that you went home early, so that she won't be on the lookout.
-- [x] If she see you arriving later, she should use that time to try to ask Keine to be introduced to the various vendors so that she can positively confirm what the father looks like as well as keep his attention occupied.
-- [x] If she doesn't see you arrive by the time the booths close, then she should assume you got Marisa and return to Kourindou.
- [x] If you show up with Keine, after making introductions, Mokou will take off to search for Marisa alone. Make sure Mokou knows something about you that only Marisa would, so that she can gain her trust.
-- [x] If she spotted her during the festival, she should try to take the opportunity to get her alone while you have Keine occupied, and take her to Kourindou so you can talk to her when you get back.
-- [x] If she didn't, she should return to the village amidst a group of returning revelers, and check Marisa's house. Make sure she know the description of the house and/or the address. If she cannot find it, she can ask for directions.
-- [x] If she can't find Marisa, she should return to the festival for one last look around.

[x] If at any point you both run out of options, you should try to enjoy the rest of the festival together.
>> No. 89815
[X] >>89803

>>89813

Yup!
>> No. 89816
[X] Just show up and see what happens.

Simple, easy to remember.
>> No. 89823
[x] >>89803

>>89813
God, I want to strangle you.
>> No. 89835
>>89813

No actually,

The protagonist is a mysterious individual who is currently using Kourin's body in order to fix the time space continuum. So far, He has managed to remove Kiene's Were-hakutaku form through dodgy means.

I call him Doctor.
>> No. 89917
[X] >>89805

also, try to enjoy the festival with Mokou. She usually stays out of public view, right? This could mean a lot to her if we do it right. Let's make her enjoy herself while she's there, see how she responds...
>> No. 91180
[x] Update.
>> No. 92099
File 124899244528.jpg - (40.07KB , 467x650 , kimono1.jpg ) [iqdb]
92099
“We’re going to sneak in and find Keine.” I shortly explain.

“…that’s your master plan?”

“Yes.”

Mokou gives an exaggerated sigh and rolls her eyes. “You banged her brains out and she’s been avoiding you for a month. You really think she’ll help you?”

“I do” I reply curtly.

“Fine, but I’m saying in advance ‘I told you so.’ Anyways how do you plan to get in without anyone noticing?”

Ouch, good point. The farming fields are between us and the village, so we’d be easily seen walking in. Considering no one lives in my direction, that would be too suspicious. We could fly in, but levitation is not exactly a common ability amongst the humans of Gensokyo. If anyone saw us, it would be sure to draw unwanted attention. Damn. Guess we’ll have to take the long way.

“We’ll fly around and sneak in by the trail that leads up to the shrine. We could wait for nightfall, but I don’t want to waste time. I’m not too worried once we arrive, since we’ll be in disguise.”

Mokou raises an eyebrow. “Disguise eh? Like what?”

“Like these” I reply, pulling out some old festival masks from a shelf. They are a little bland in comparison to the ones currently sold in town, but they’ll do. The custom of wearing these masks always seemed a little strange, considering how paranoid the humans are about youkai infiltration. Most masks are of forest animals or plant spirits to honor the food offering of the season. Since hunting in the forest is so dangerous and rarely works out well for the villagers, a successful autumn bounty is usually measured in produce and rice. Thus the animal masks are less detailed or notable. Oh well, I’ll take the wolf mask. Mokou can have the one with peacock feathers.

Mokou skeptically frowns at the mask as I hand it to her. “Seriously?”

“Just take it. It sort of suits you.”

With a groan she accepts the disguise. “These townsfolk are pretty weird. What’s the logic of dressing up as spirits and monsters in the fall anyways?”

“I’m not sure, but I suppose it is to revere the harvest spirits, plants, and animals for their sacrifice. Also, I heard a story about some far off land doing this to ward off ghosts. Something about the boundary between life and death being thin.” Now that I think about it, it really is a silly custom isn’t it? I mean impersonating animals would be much more logical for spring and summer when they are more active. “Anyways just take it. Dressing up is fun! Enjoy yourself! Honestly how many times to you get to enter the village acting like someone else?”

Mokou frowns. “You are really weird. You know that, right?”

“You remind me at least once a day.” Sad part is that it’s true.

“Heh, ok then. What other costumes you got for me?” Mokou asks betraying her hidden interest.

---

[Harvest Festival Night]

It is early evening by the time we finish our outfits and end flying the exaggerated low elevation loop around the Human Village to avoid detection. Honestly, I wish there was a better way to do thus but no solution ever came to me. With an awkward rustling and breaking of leaves we land in a thicket just a few feet from the rocky path leading further up to the Hakurei Shrine. People usually pass along this road all night, but no one is in sight at the moment. Good. Time to go.

The branches snap and crack as we break through the foliage and emerge onto the trail, looking like a simple pair of villagers who just finished having their winter supplies blessed. Or rather we would but for the seeds and twigs clinging to our clothes. Dammit what a mess.

“Hold still for a second,” I command and sweep the plants off Mokou’s thankfully not stained nor torn kimono. She gives a small yelp as I firmly brush away a spur stuck to her rear.

“Ah! There better have been something big on there, Rinnosuke, or I’m going to pay you back tenfold with my foot,” she threatens with a dangerous but amused smirk.

Mokou’s pale cheeks carry a faint blush which could be caused by anger and/or embarrassment that I actually convinced her to dress up. It was worth the struggle though to see her look like a doll in the simple flowery red and white dress I selected for her. It’s a shame she couldn’t wear one of the even nicer dresses, but making her too noticeable would give us trouble. Still, she looks quite feminine and it’s hard to not stare. Even the phoenix pin I gave her looks perfect with Mokou’s silver-violet hair bound up in a bun. Still with skin that white she could easily be confused with an ‘entertainer’ so we better steer clear of any areas with that clientele lest Mokou ends up killing anyone unfortunate enough to make her an offer.

“Believe what you want,” I reply casually and pull down my mask to begin the short walk down to the village.

---

The town seems rather crowded tonight. I suppose it’s because everyone is outdoors. All around is a chaotic sea if vibrant colors and strange fake inhuman faces. Children giggle and dart between crowds as they make their way from booth to booth. The smell of fried food and smoke and sweat lingers in the air no matter where we go. Game vendors shout for customers over the chorus of small talk between patrons and the steady drone of distant singing and drumming. Ah the Harvest Matsuri. Truly isolated humans will come up with any excuse to have a party for themselves. This one is just like the summer festival but not nearly as hot and no one bothers wearing yukatas. Portable shrines filled with bounties of food pass by with people yelling praises. Actors dressed as ancient heroes weave heroic stories with verse and dance. Such a interesting chaotic bombardment of the senses.

Mokou, however, does not seem to share my enjoyment. She keeps a firm grip on the back of my robe, careful not to become separated in the crowd. It must be strange for her seeing so many people gathered together. Heck, seeing even one human is well above her quota.

“You doing ok?” I call back to her over my shoulder.

“Ye-yeah. I’m just a…heh heh… feeling sort of exposed here you know? I mean there are a lot of people, and umm…well it just feels like they should be running away from me or something. Guess that’s all I ever see ‘em do. Heh heh…that’s bad isn’t it?” She laughs nervously with a slight pang of sadness in her anxious words.

“It’ll get better. Think of this as the first step in getting to know them.”

“Yeah well I’m not exactly a fan of ‘sink or swim’ teaching.” Mokou replies sourly. A large drunk man stumbles by, nearly flattening her. Instinctively I reach back and protectively pull Mokou to my side. Thankfully she doesn’t resist and we continue to walk in silence with my arm lightly around her waist. The feathers on Mokou’s mask tickle me as it quickly shifts back and forth. Her head darts around with an apprehensive curiosity, moving from vendor to vendor. Lanterns become lit one by one as the sun begins to set in the distance. The growing darkness allows the harvest moon to slowly grow more prominent.

[ ] Keine’s house isn’t far. Focus on the mission, there is no time to play.
[ ] Maybe we should stop to try a booth. After all we should act like villagers.
--[ ] Game booth
--[ ] Food booth
--[ ] Jewelry booth.
--[ ] Other booth (write-in)
>> No. 92102
[x] Maybe we should stop to try a booth. After all we should act like villagers.
--[x] Game booth.

I am purely voting this to blend in with the villagers and not because I find Mokou out of her comfort zone and enjoying herself to be absolutely adorable. Definitely.
>> No. 92104
[x] Keine’s house isn’t far. Focus on the mission, there is no time to play.
[x] ...That does smell good though.
--[x] Food booth
>> No. 92105
[JE] Maybe we should stop to try a booth. After all we should act like villagers.
--[JE] Other Booth - Fortune Teller

I must see Professor Quantum Kourin's chances with love and adventure, and if it includes a tsundere phoenix, a lovely schoolmarm, and the strongest ordinary witch---all the better.
>> No. 92110
[x] Maybe we should stop to try a booth. After all we should act like villagers.
--[x] Game booth.

>>92102
agreed. Out of her comfort zone in two ways, abundance of people and in her dress.
>> No. 92111
[X] Maybe we should stop to try a booth. After all we should act like villagers.
-- [X] Game booth
-- [X] Food booth
-- [X] Other Booth - Fortune Teller
>> No. 92115
[x] Maybe we should stop to try a booth. After all we should act like villagers.
--[x] Game booth.

Tempted to vote for multiple booths... but I also want my schoolmarm. Just one will be fine.
>> No. 92116
[x] Maybe we should stop to try a booth. After all we should act like villagers.
--[x] Game booth.
>> No. 92119
File 124901645980.jpg - (167.46KB , 500x375 , food-and-crafts-adorn-every-street-during-the-gion.jpg ) [iqdb]
92119
Mokou said earlier today at the shop that she hadn’t been to a festival in centuries and barely remembers what they are like. It’s getting dark, but I’m sure we have a little time to spare. This is probably being irresponsible, but for some reason I really want to share this moment with her.

“Here follow me.” I whisper and guide us through the crowd over to some nearby booths. Children and adults gather around, meandering from game to game with all the typical cries of jubilance and whining of defeat.

“What’s all this?” Mokou asks distantly as she stares at the kids and prizes. “It’s sort of…I think I saw something like this before… a long time ago.” A young girl giggles as she walks by while tossing the ball of her kendama into the air before catching it on the stick. Her parents trail close behind, smiling with pride as they carry an over sized stuff animal. Mokou softly murmurs something, but I can barely hear it over the festival noise.

“Do you want to play?” I inquire, grabbing my coin pouch. Mokou simply nods her head silently.

Hmm, which game booth would be the best? (Choose up to 3)

[ ] Goldfish catching
[ ] Ring toss
[ ] Cork gun shoot
[ ] Lottery: water balloon pick (normally low chance of winning but great prize)
[ ] Lottery: pull string attached to a toy (normally moderate chance of winning but lesser prize)
>> No. 92120
[X] Goldfish catching
[X] Ring toss
[X] Lottery: pull string attached to a toy (normally moderate chance of winning but lesser prize)
>> No. 92121
[X] Goldfish catching
[X] Ring toss
[X] Lottery: pull string attached to a toy (normally moderate chance of winning but lesser prize)
>> No. 92123
[z] Ring toss
[e] Lottery: pull string attached to a toy (normally moderate chance of winning but lesser prize)

We're here for Keine, dammit. Move it already.
>> No. 92127
[X] Goldfish catching
[X] Ring toss
[X] Lottery: water balloon pick (normally low chance of winning but great prize)

>>We're here for Keine, dammit. Move it already.

True, but we're also here with a good friend who needs to get re-acclimated to being around people after countless years of solitude.
A friend who we also managed to get to dress up more like a girl despite past resistance. It would be a shame to not enjoy it while we can.

Besides, if it's a full moon out, it's probably safe to assume Keine won't be going anywhere.
>> No. 92128
[z] Ring toss
[e] Lottery: pull string attached to a toy (normally moderate chance of winning but lesser prize)

One of two girls is in something like the midst of a crisis.
>> No. 92129
>>92127
Remember, Keine has been out HAX'd and lost her hakutaku powers. She's no longer restricted on full moons.
>> No. 92130
[X] Ring toss
[X] Cork gun shoot
[X] Lottery: pull string attached to a toy (normally moderate chance of winning but lesser prize)

A reminder: let's not forget this is ultimately for the sake of helping Marisa.
>> No. 92164
[X] Cork gun shoot
>> No. 92194
>>92127
Yes, I agree with you wholeheartedly.
Also,
[X] Ring toss
[X] Cork gun shoot
[X] Lottery: pull string attached to a toy (normally moderate chance of winning but lesser prize)
>> No. 95991
Updates?
>> No. 96001
File 125411299396.jpg - (35.03KB , 700x530 , The Doctor.jpg ) [iqdb]
96001
This type of dead,Jim...
I have not noticed since the announcement of that Touhou VN.
>> No. 101592
File 125688608474.jpg - (180.04KB , 500x416 , 527687480_cda28424fb.jpg ) [iqdb]
101592
Mokou wants to play, so let’s play. But what games? There are so many booths, and we don’t have much time to waste. Maybe something classic. Something simple.

“Here, let’s try this.” I point to a brightly lit booth and Mokou quietly follows my lead as we walk a few yards to a small rectangular display bin. Colorful fish and a few turtles swim back and forth as children with impossibly thin paper nets try to catch them. Ah, this takes me back; a novelty as infuriating as it is rewarding. An old man with crooked teeth which are impossible to hide behind his amused grin gladly accepts my few copper and hands us a few paddles to scoop with. Mokou fiddles with the hoop stick awkwardly with a faint hint of recognition on her face.

“Here,like this,” I offer to break her trance and bend down to the long shallow fish tank. Within it a multitude of goldfish and other small aquatic life lazily swim back and forth, unaware of the greedy faces that hover above. Gently I slide my paddle in below a black-red fish and with one fluid motion lift and tilt it from the water. The small prize clumsily tumbles a few inches through the air and slips into the clear plastic bag in my other hand. Heh, I still got it.

“Quite a hand you got there, lad. Careful you don’t take ‘em all though. Still plenty of kids to that got their hearts set on ‘em.” The booth owner smiles with his hideously endearing face. “How’d the little lady like to try?”

I really don’t know why I did it, but “little” and “lady” being oriented towards Mokou was such a ridiculous concept that it summoned forth an immediate snort from my throat. Even after all I did to try to teach her manners, even after the struggle of dressing her up, I still wasn’t prepared for someone to actually compliment her on it besides myself. Even if it was a jest I still got suckered by it. Gods I’m an idiot.

Mokou stares daggers at me and grabs one of the scoops from my hands. “Oh this guy is just trying to play the big shot,” she sternly explains to the old villager. “A kid like this is still a hundred years too young to beat me at anything worth my time!”

The carnie belts out a scruff hearty laugh and claps his hands. “HaHA! That’s what I like to hear. You better hold onto this one lad, she’s got spit fire. Only woman worth her salt ‘round here is a strong one. Gotta give yah strong sons now. Heh I bet she’s even tougher than you!” He howls with delight and continues to approve.

The old man doesn’t know how right he is. Still, strength is not the name of the game here. Mokou dips her ring into the water and moves for the closest fish, but as soon as she pulls it up the paper tears silently along the edge, allowing her prize to drop back into the pool. She bites her lip and tries again, but each attempt is the same. By the time she grabs her last scoop the paper literally starts to sizzle and burn before I can dunk it into the water for her.

Mokou grimaces, obviously not accustomed to defeat. “It’s a stupid game,” she mutters without any elegancy in her defeat.

“Teeheehee” a soft laugh catches our attention. On the other side of Mokou stands a young child, surely no older than 6, with a bags heavy of prizes. The girl smiles bashfully and averts her gaze as she hands a clear plastic bag with three beautiful goldfish to my companion. The girl mumbles a few words to Mokou, saying something like “Here you go, onee-chan,” before pulling away to run giggling back to her parents.

“T…thanks.” Mokou replies dumbfounded as she clutches the bag and stares at the young family. Gently I guide her up from the fish catching game and towards another booth.

Ring toss turned out to be another story entirely. I admit I thought I had pretty good hand-eye coordination, but my hands are made for writing and hold not this throwing nonsense. Still Mokou didn’t have to snicker every time I failed! To make matters worse she never missed a shot. Ever.

“Hmm-mm-mm” Mokou hums happily with the knife she won from the previous game. It’s one thing to emasculate me in front of others, but to choose a knife? I’ve got to redeem myself. Somehow.

“Hey fella! Want to impress your lady friend?”

A piercing tenor voice calls out, and dumbly I turn my head to face it.

“Yeah you. Yah look like a lucky guy. What say you test it here? Show the little miss your decisiveness I say! Come’on, step up and pull a string to see where the fates land yah. It’s a lucky night I’m telling yah, I can feel it in me bones.”

Oh why not? This is the last game though. We have work to do.

“Ah ha! I knew you wouldn’t let me down. Ladies and gentlemen, step right up! Everyone is a winner! Watch this man try his luck!” The crowd around applauds with vague amusement, not believing I’ll win anything more than a bar of soap from such a game. Still, I’ll try it.

After giving the carnie a few more coins than I’d willing drop on such a gamble, he drags me over to a table adorn with a hodgepodge of colored strings. Connected to this chaotic array of tangles is a larger table of stuffed animals and dolls of all shapes and sizes that taunt me unrelentingly. It’s so simple: a prize and a single chance pull to win it. But there is no way of telling which line leads to what, since they all lead to the same box in the middle. I bet half of these are cut anyways.

Mokou smirks and raises her eyebrows. “Go on, show me how it’s done big man” she taunts maliciously. Damn, what have I gotten myself into? The odds are impossibly against me. Still, I got to pull one. It’s silly, but I’ve got a good feeling about….

[ ] The green stripped string
[ ] The solid blue string
[ ] The gold checkered string
>> No. 101593
>>101592

You're back! Hooray!

[x] The solid blue string
>> No. 101596
[x] The gold checkered string

Been a while.
>> No. 101606
[x] The solid blue string
>> No. 101612
[x] The solid blue string
>> No. 101614
[x] The gold checkered string

Welcome back

But folks let's not forget about our mission to get little Marisa out of her troubled home.

(I'm curious how this story would go if not for Anon's stupidity earlier)
>> No. 101617
[0] The solid blue string
>> No. 101618
>>101592

You're.... You're back!

[Q] The green stripped string

Hooray!
>> No. 101635
[x] The solid blue string
>> No. 101639
[x] The green striped string

This was probably already obvious to everybody, but:
>[ ] The green stripped string
EX-Keine

>[ ] The solid blue string
Normal Keine

>[ ] The gold checkered string
Marisa

No idea if it'll actually have any bearing on, relevancy to, or meaning for them, but who knows? These ARE the three big issues/people we're here about, after all.

Could also be a coincidence or a red herring, I guess, but it does match to the people quite nicely...
>> No. 101641
>>101639

IN regards of who to help first, I do think Marisa should be top priority, then the Keine issue since Keine isn't too miserable at the moment, and isn't that why we're here in the village in the first place?

Sure time with Mokou is since but let's not forget our goal.
>> No. 101730
[x] The gold checkered string

More important.
>> No. 101733
[x] The green striped string

I can't provide justification for this one instead of the blue one. Just a feeling.

Then again, my gut has a habit of leading me into trouble...
>> No. 101774
[x] The gold checkered string
>> No. 104320
Is this dead again?
>> No. 105591
File 125945696493.jpg - (45.79KB , 400x300 , patchi cold.jpg ) [iqdb]
105591
>>104320
Not really. I've just been very busy and sick with a cold that just won't go away. Still, updating months at a time is unacceptable and I apologize.
>> No. 105594
File 125945746053.jpg - (17.14KB , 300x400 , VikingFjord_Vodka_of_Norway_4199.jpg ) [iqdb]
105594
>>105591

Viking Protip: Say a prayer to Eir and down a bottle of vodka. Takes care of any cold.
>> No. 105611
File 125946845014.jpg - (122.66KB , 671x431 , cures what fails you.jpg ) [iqdb]
105611
>>105594
I love you Norseman. With a bottle and a prayer to Eirin I go. Lets see if I can get an update out tonight.