[Return]
Archived Thread

File 124079559150.jpg - (612.06KB , 1920x1080 , Hina apron.jpg ) [iqdb]
85204 No. 85204
“Miss Hina?” You begin, pulling yourself out of your seat. “Would you care to join me in the kitchen?” Pausing slightly you glance at Suika, “After we drag her to a more comfortable resting place at least.”


The kitchen was warm, but activity there was low. Hina, it seemed, was more comfortable with baking than any other form of cooking - and so the majority of what the two of you had prepared was pretty hands-off stuff.

“So,” you say, somewhat unsure of what to speak about now. “What's it like?” You settle for, causing the green-haired woman to look at you. “Being a Goddess I mean.”

“I... I don't think I understand...” The woman begins, before she pauses and glances away. “... what is it like to be human?” She asks at last, “How can I explain what it is to be... to be me? I've never known any different.”

“You're right,” you mumble, ducking down both to peer through the glass front of the kitchen's oven and to hide your embarrassment at asking that. “It was a stupid question, forget about it.” Silence reigns over the kitchen for a long time after that, with both you and Hina seemingly trying not to do nothing, but also both not wishing to speak.

Eventually, however, it is Hina who breaks the silence. “They pray.” She says, “Every once in a while, they pray.” You look at her, standing in one corner and staring at the floor. “When there's been an accident, or an illness... they pray that i'll take the misfortune away - that it can perhaps save their loved ones.”

“And does it?” You ask, your voice barely a whisper. Something inside was telling you that this was something important.

“No.” She replies. “It doesn't.” Turning away she steps across the kitchen, pausing to peer into the oven. “The rest of the time they chase me away, with words and weapons.” You hear her laugh a hollow little laugh, “Being stabbed, beaten, cleaved or burnt... those things can't kill a goddess, but they still hurt. And of course it hurts more when those who hurt me suffer, in attacking me they cover themselves in misfortune enough to maim or kill.”

You stare at the kneeling woman in horror. “You... you're not serious?” You ask.

“Oh, I am.” You hear her laugh again. “Gensokyo is not always a happy, idyllic place for everyone once you scratch the surface.” She stands and turns to look at you. “Especially in the human village, and especially due to the Shrine Maiden. A youkai could probably tell you much more about the things she gets up to - I can honestly say wouldn't want someone like that to represent me as a priest or maiden.”

“I'm sorry,” you murmur, causing Hina to glare at you.

“No you're not.” She states, her voice and features harsh. This harshness melts away almost as quickly as it came about and she smiles slightly at you. “But thankyou, anyway.”

“Is it really always that bad?” You ask, quietly, not really sure how to continue.

The woman shakes her head, “Not always.” she murmurs, “I suppose it's down to the nature of the easily led. All that is needed are one or two rabble-rousers and an entire gang of people can be swayed to stupid and violent actions.”

“And no-one bothers to stop them?” The idea that someone, anyone, could just let this kind of thing happen without reproach seemed alien to you. You were vaguely aware that this sort of thing happened in the past but...

“Reimu cares not about youkai, nor goddesses.” Hina practically spits the name out. “As far as she's concerned the shrine maiden is there to protect humans, not to protect everyone else from humans.” The goddess pauses, “It's the fairies I feel sorry for though,” she adds, “I have heard that Reimu and her companions often take to beating up on them for amusement - something else I suspect miss Suika does not know about her friend... And if you think that's bad, her idea of solving a serious incident is simply to roam around attacking everyone until she attacks the right person.”

“What about Miss Yukari then?” You ask, “Doesn't she have anything to say about that? She seems pretty strong...”

“I honestly don't think she can.” Responds Hina, “As I understand she has been friends with Reimu's family for generations... and i've heard rumors that Yukari can't actually do much about Reimu's behavior due to some centuries old agreements.” She shrugs, “Depending on how those agreements were made it's entirely possible that Yukari simply cannot do anything - when it comes to solidly written contracts some youkai are actually physically incapable of breaking them.”

You're about to say more when a loud ringing from your oven's timer cuts you off. Sighing instead you grab a pair of oven gloves and toss them to Hina.


Dinner, such as it was, proceeded in almost absolute silence - broken only by the sound of Cirno noisily blowing on her food to cool it down quicker. Hina seemed unwilling to talk anymore, while Suika and Utsuho still seemed somewhat down due to their earlier telling-off.

“So!” You say, hoping to break the oppressive feeling. “How about we...”

[ ] Evening Action
Come up with something.
For reference - Rock Tumbler and Drinks Warmer/Cooler haven't been examined yet.

Touhou cooking will come whenever i've had a chance to test the recipe i want to show off myself.

>> No. 85208
[x] Play board games

Take their minds off of everything with the thrill of competition.
>> No. 85211
Update Touhou Persona. I miss Yukari and Reisen.
>> No. 85212
File 124079795427.png - (40.50KB , 513x692 , 32d6bd3f492b945637ebd986d845e96f.png ) [iqdb]
85212
[!/] Play board games.
[!/] What game? Risk.

This will only end well. I can feel it.
>> No. 85213
>>85212
No no, Monopoly.
>> No. 85214
[ ] Introduce Cirno to Videogames.

There's no possible way this can end badly.
>> No. 85219
[x] Show the how the TV works and Video Games.

YES.
>> No. 85221
[x] Show the how the TV works and Video Games.
[x] Set up the Rock Tumbler for later.
>> No. 85222
[x] Show the how the TV works and Video Games.

Might as well wow them with technology to break their depressed stupor.
>> No. 85223
>>85204
>Image

The oven isn't the only thing that's hot. If you know what I mean.

Hina route.

[X] Show the how the TV works and Video Games.
[X] Stay away from the more violent video games - no one is likely to be in the mood to watch humans being gunned down or beaten bloody.
>> No. 85227
[X] Show the how the TV works and Video Games.
[X] TETRIS.
>> No. 85228
Random comment:

There's a shit load of "RAYMOO IS EBIL!" in this story so far. Now, I'm no Reimu fanboy or anything of that sort, but the amount of exaggerated hate our lovely ladies are harboring for the shrine maiden shatters my suspension of disbelief and really takes me out of the story; especially since she didn't even show up yet.
If the current cast's words are to be believed, your Reimu apparently eats babies, kicks people for eating ice cream, and makes Akuma cower at her very presence, which feels kind of silly. Maybe your just showing a single perspective on Reimu on purpose, and we'll get the other side of the character later on. It would suck to have yet another rampaging bitch Reimu (Especially since many of the crimes she's said to commit in the above update can be easily applied to any playable character, especially the one about fairies).

Don't take this post the wrong way, I'm liking this story a lot. It's on of my favorites, in fact. I'm just voicing my interpretation of what's going on, nothing more nothing less. Besides, I feel it's better to tell the author what you feel about their story than to shit on it somewhere else on the site.
>> No. 85229
[X] Show the how the TV works and Video Games.
[x] Super Mario World
>> No. 85230
[X] Show the how the TV works and Video Games.
[x] Super Mario World
>> No. 85231
[x] Show the how the TV works and Video Games.
[x] Super Mario World

A good game to start out with. Though Kaizo Mario World would fun to do to see their reactions.
>> No. 85233
>>85228
Protip: Not everyone likes Reimu.

Given that the two big people railing on Reimu were Cirno, known to be a common bullying target for damn near everyone, and Hina, a person who Reimu/Marisa beat up after she tried to warn them of danger...
Yeah, i think a little bias might be expected.

And hell, most of what i've brought up (aside from perhaps the idea of Reimu protecting humans only) is pretty canonical. Reimu *does* solve inccidents by beating up everyone until she gets the right person, hell - that's the entire plot of PoFV pretty much (though, admittedly others were doing it too) - and she *does* beat up on one hell of a lot of fairies throughout each level. Fairies that i'm sure, if she cared to, she could just bypass entirely (though that'd make for boring games).

So before you go 'BAWWWWW, Reimu Hate!', maybe you should go look at some CYOA which actually do go well out of their way to make Reimu out to be an uberbitch first.
>> No. 85234
Oh, and before it's brought up - yes Ran did comment on Reimu's faith fraud, but do recall that she never actually condemned Reimu for it. Just stated it like it was.
>> No. 85236
[x] Show the how the TV works and Video Games.
[x] Super Mario World
>> No. 85238
[x] Show the how the TV works and Video Games.
[x] Super Mario World
>> No. 85242
>>she *does* beat up on one hell of a lot of fairies throughout each level. Fairies that i'm sure, if she cared to, she could just bypass entirely (though that'd make for boring games).

In Reimu's defense, they're freaking EVERYWHERE. Trying to avoid them is probably like trying to avoid flies and mosquitoes (or, in more violent situations, swarms of angry bees/wasps/hornets) out here. Rather than try to dodge them, it's much faster and simpler to simply swat them down if they get near you.

Besides, it's not like the die or anything.
Well, not permanently, anyway. No harm, no foul, right?
>> No. 85243
>>85242
You know, I was almost kind of ready to sort of agree with you until I got to--

>Besides, it's not like the die or anything.
>Well, not permanently, anyway. No harm, no foul, right?

There is a being. If that being is killed, it will resurrect fully to its previous healthy state. However, it will still feel all the pain inflicted upon it as it is hurt or killed. Is it acceptable to kill this being, knowing that it will just come back?

Some people might say yes, because in the end the being comes back and nothing's really changed, no harm no foul, right?

I, however, would disagree. You see, killing people, regardless of whether they come back afterwards or not, is pretty much a grade A dick move. I mean, seriously. You can't justify that. I mean, sure, there are exceptions, like if it's some sort of kill-or-be-killed scenario. But if in the end you're just killing someone because you can, that makes you an asshole.
>> No. 85244
>>“No you're not.” She states, her voice and features harsh.
Was that in red text?

As for the Reimu-hating, why not? There IS a reason why have the "Reimu is a horrible protagonist" list which summaries every game as a product of Reimu vice-driven massacres (hangs a lampshade, it does). Besides, we're asking the wrong people for opinions about their resident bully.

I'll think of some evening activity to suggest later. I don't think there's a board game riveting enough to interest youkai. Except maybe Mousetrap. Everyone loves Mousetrap.
>> No. 85245
>>85243
Actually, I'm glad you didn't agree with me.
The problem with my "defense" is that it doesn't take into account that there are other alternatives beyond trying to avoid the "bugs" or killing them. It's making it sound like an "either/or" scenario when it isn't.

Just as there are all sorts of sprays, lotions, candles, and whatnot to keep biting insects away from you without actually killing them, I'm sure there must be SOME way to ward off fairies without actually harming them. The fact that Reimu, of all people, would probably be most capable at making such a ward yet chooses NOT to in favor of blasting the little buggers on sight probably says something about her.
Yes. She is that much of an asshole.
>> No. 85246
File 124081198246.jpg - (94.06KB , 587x800 , 1206489058896.jpg ) [iqdb]
85246
>Was that in red text?

I know this has already been explained but could someone explain it again?

In return: Rumiaburger.
>> No. 85247
>>85246
As near as I can figure out, there's a VN where things in red are true, and it's a mystery game about witches I guess?

All I know for sure is that he's cracking a joke about whether or not the statement is true.
>> No. 85248
File 124081420858.jpg - (141.46KB , 768x1024 , 1221424603932.jpg ) [iqdb]
85248
>>85247
Thanks.
>> No. 85249
>>85233

> Protip: Not everyone likes Reimu.

Did I imply that you should? That would be kind of silly, as I know many people don't. Personally, I'm apathetic toward her.

> Given that the two big people railing on Reimu were Cirno, known to be a common bullying target for damn near everyone, and Hina, a person who Reimu/Marisa beat up after she tried to warn them of danger...
Yeah, i think a little bias might be expected.

Cool. That's really what my whole post is about.

> Reimu *does* solve inccidents by beating up everyone until she gets the right person,

Never disputed that, actually. I'd be have to be pretty delusional to say that's not what she doesn't. The only thing I said is that this is how the protagonists in Touhou games generally act.

> and she *does* beat up on one hell of a lot of fairies throughout each level

Well of course, they're shooting stuff at her, as per STGs. It's difficult to ignore fairies when there's a large group of them actively attacking you.

> Oh, and before it's brought up - yes Ran did comment on Reimu's faith fraud, but do recall that she never actually condemned Reimu for it. Just stated it like it was

I wasn't going to bring that up at all, but okay.
>> No. 85254
Touhou 1: Reimu goes on a genocidal rampage.
Touhou 2: Reimu seeks revenge for Mima's revenge for Reimu's previous rampage.
Touhou 3: Reimu interferes with academia and scientific progress.
Touhou 4: Reimu kills a youkai who tried to help her.
Touhou 5: Reimu orphans Alice and destroys an entire world for its creator's belief in free enterprise.
Touhou 6: Reimu places a little girl under house arrest.
Touhou 7: Reimu prevents an innocent girl from being revived.
Touhou 7.5: Reimu breaks up parties.
Touhou 8: Reimu strips away Gensokyo's defenses against a Lunar invasion.
Touhou 9: Reimu attacks people for no good reason.
Touhou 10: Reimu oppresses other religions.
Touhou 10.5: Reimu endorses slave labor
Touhou 11: Reimu cuts back funding for alternative energy sources.
Touhou 12: Reimu discriminates against illegal aliens.

Not to mention SSiB and CoLA have portrayed her as wanting to steal/already having stolen from random youkai for completely selfish reasons.

Reimu is certainly not a nice person for the most part.
>> No. 85255
>>85228
Actually, in Hina's specific case, i can totally understand why her attitude twards Reimu is like that.
Did you play MoF?
It's something like-

Hina- "I'm here to warn you that proceeding further is dangerous, please don't go up."

Reimu- "LOL STFU BITCH I SHOOT U"
And that's that. There's no word-fight developing before that or anything, Reimu just attacks, like that.

Also, AD, OP pic is priceless. Many thanks.
>> No. 85256
I really didn't want to contribute much to this argument, but I just have to say that even though I've been following this story closely since it started, the Reimu bashing got to me enough that I just stopped reading. Might try again later, but it really does shatter the suspension of disbelief.

Also, something I would like to point out. The whole thing about Reimu killing fairies is kinda a weak point. If you recall, Cirno of all people has canonically slain fairies as part of her playing with the others (TH09).

Also, maybe you should play MOF again sometime, because you've seem to have forgotten the fact that Hina randomly attacks the player halfway through that stage. Reimu was totally unprovoked /sarcasm.

I'll give this update another try again later, but this is the kinda shit that makes me stop reading stories.
>> No. 85257
[x] Show the how the TV works and Video Games.
[x] Super Mario World

So much discussion and yet so few votes.
>> No. 85258
File 124084212451.png - (9.90KB , 300x300 , 1199842163835.png ) [iqdb]
85258
>>The whole thing about Reimu killing fairies is kinda a weak point. If you recall, Cirno of all people has canonically slain fairies as part of her playing with the others (TH09).

Cirno, of all people, canonically has a hobby that entails freezing small animals so she can watch them thaw, but fails one out of three times, resulting in a shattered and very dead froggy. Yet she keeps doing it.

Setting aside the fact that a willingness and enjoyment of harming small animals is regarded as one of the warning signs of a potential sociopath, I think your thing about Reimu killing fairies being a weak point because Cirno does it too is, itself, a fairly weak point.
>> No. 85259
>>85246
>>85247

Umineko no naku koro ni.
Fucking read it already. It's great and it's actually getting translated.
>> No. 85261
>>85249
Actually, when i said 'not everybody likes Reimu' i meant in terms of the touhous. Some touhous are anti-reimu (Hina, Moriya peeps), some pro (Alice, Remi, etc), and some don't really care either way (Ran, probably the lunarians).

Hell, i'm suprised no-one is picking on the humans after Hina basically accused them of viciously attacking her on a regular basis. (Though, that said, we know they canonically do attack Letty, so doing it to others isn't much of a stretch - and i seriously doubt any angry mob would stop at 'slightly beating'.)

>>85258
Sociopath/Psychopath Cirno. That's an awesome concept. Not applicable here, but still awesome.

>>85256
Hina's attacking the player in MOF can easily be contextualized with her warning speech later as being her simply trying to scare them off. In all likelihood firing a couple of warning shots would scare anyone less off, without her having to get close to them. When that didn't work she attempted communication - which Reimu refused.

>>85254
Haha, best summaries ever.

Don't forget the plot of 12 is basically Reimu hearing of a flying treasure ship, then deciding to pretty much steal said treasure. There's not even any hint of an actual inccident in there at all so far.

Also, ew. Reading through the TH12 script has some comments which reflect pretty badly on Reimu as a whole.
"Hmph. It must be nice to be a youkai with spare time.
Even if you only exist to be exterminated."

Aaaanyway. If you want a nicer look at Reimu, then speak to a touhou who's less likely to dislike her.

Calling with TV + Videogames.
>> No. 85262
Then again... compared to Sanae's rising anti-youkai psychopathy in TH12... Reimu doesn't look so bad.
>> No. 85263
>Hell, i'm suprised no-one is picing on the humans after Hina basically accused them of viciously attacking her on a regular basis
"Picking" on them?
Well, i would obviously want to bash them in the face, but talking about "general angry mobs" is not as specific as one main character.
If we talk about the humans, of course there's always the case of "some do and some don't", that doesn't apply for reimu.

Also, yandere Sanae- DO WANT!
>> No. 85277
File 124085646242.jpg - (180.66KB , 834x358 , ssib1.jpg ) [iqdb]
85277
>>85261
>some pro (Alice, Remi, etc)

Eh, I think fanon overplays it a bit.
>> No. 85283
Can you all just shut the fuck up?

>>85228

Are you the same faggot who keeps complaining about how Reimu is portrayed/how she is disliked vy someone in other CYOA?
>> No. 85288
>>85283

Nope. Your "same-fag" compass is off.
>> No. 85295
>>85283

Nope. That'd be me.
>> No. 85301
>>85295
No, I'm Spartacus!
>> No. 85307
File 124087603438.jpg - (758.38KB , 600x1794 , 0906e0b9909f6c3b3f163b08b328ebce.jpg ) [iqdb]
85307
Eye'm....dead.
>> No. 85329
>>85261
Tried coming up with a nice way to respond, but could not. I'm just going to drop it. We really need a discussion thread on this whole anti-reimu thing or something, because half of it seems to be misinformation, and half of it seems to be writers going "man, it would be so deep if I made the heroine come off as a monster, it's like I'm a real writer".

Not that the last sentiment applies here. I just don't agree with your counter-points, but at least you are attempting to show that it is a two sided issue. Though in 8 threads we've only seen one side with nothing to counter-balance, and many of us are sensitive to the issue because of how many stories it's ruined. Just keep that in mind.
>> No. 85341
>>85329

Yeah, drop it.
>> No. 85346
File 124088691211.jpg - (73.71KB , 400x300 , 20.jpg ) [iqdb]
85346
>>85329

Take the Manju's advice, seriously.

And to AD, I'm sorry my comment caused such a derailment in your thread. I didn't think anything like this would happen, as I was expecting most of the poster to ignore it.
>> No. 85347
>>85346
>I was expecting most of the poster to ignore it.
It almost happened, but my liver joined my stomach, intestinal tract, quadriceps, and femur, which gave them a controlling majority.
>> No. 85352
[X] - Drinks Warmer/Cooler
[X] - Demonstrate with alcohol to loosen people up.

I'm not going to get involved with above arguments except to say that AD is making one interpretation, and no interpretation is right or wrong.
>> No. 85355
File 124088990745.png - (208.80KB , 509x376 , rufflan.png ) [iqdb]
85355
I think we need some rufflan'.
>> No. 85356
File 124088996995.jpg - (311.48KB , 600x848 , thelastruffle.jpg ) [iqdb]
85356
>>85355
>> No. 85357
File 124089007044.jpg - (550.28KB , 960x720 , f5d8695a4f4f8befef8b220e11d4c801.jpg ) [iqdb]
85357
>>85356
>> No. 85359
I just realized:

Reimu really doesn't get ruffled often, does she?
>> No. 85360
File 12408902426.jpg - (103.40KB , 640x480 , 1215426825508.jpg ) [iqdb]
85360
>>85359

Only the Yukkuri one does.
>> No. 85365
>>85359
>>85360

Well, that explains why she comes across as so grumpy sometimes, doesn't it?
A touhou without ruffling is a sad, sad touhou.
>> No. 85384
>>85365
It's true! ;_;

We need to ruffle her hair if we ever get the chance to meet her.
>> No. 85386
>>85346
Actually, i'm kind of glad. This is the first time the drama in one of my threads *isn'* about someone else.

I feel like a real writefag now.
>> No. 85387
>This is the first time the drama in one of my threads *isn't* about someone else.
That's fucking sad.
>> No. 85391
Looks like I missed the drama, but, yeah... I agree with >>85256, and I'll leave quietly without making a fuss.
>> No. 85468
File 124099227197.jpg - (162.57KB , 900x866 , 49d5d280697c97fddfd03b6b5eb80e34.jpg ) [iqdb]
85468
Mr. Angry Desu-chamaShiki-chama....
>> No. 85470
File 124099315612.jpg - (234.67KB , 800x600 , utsuho01.jpg ) [iqdb]
85470
>>85468

Cutesuho~
>> No. 85471
File 124099317631.jpg - (245.55KB , 800x600 , utsuho02.jpg ) [iqdb]
85471
>> No. 85472
File 124099319899.jpg - (235.69KB , 700x600 , utsuho03.jpg ) [iqdb]
85472
>> No. 85473
File 124099321787.jpg - (257.31KB , 800x600 , utsuho04.jpg ) [iqdb]
85473
>> No. 85476
>>85470
>>85471
>>85472
>>85473
HNNNNNNGG-headsplode.
>> No. 85477
WHO declares moebeetus pandemic.
People are advised to stay in their homes.
>> No. 85479
>>85470
>>85471
>>85472
>>85473

Looks painful...
>> No. 85482
>>85472

I never thought I'd say this, but this is WAY too deformed to look cute. Do not want ball cheeks...
>> No. 85514
>>85468
I prefer this one over chipmunk-chan.
>> No. 85722
File 124122734887.jpg - (250.72KB , 640x684 , Mariorararara.jpg ) [iqdb]
85722
You pause, given that everyone seemed down you didn't really want to have them sit through what would likely be a fairly dull talk about a rock tumbler, nor did you particularly want the less happy girls to get drunk - which would be the inevitable result of demonstrating the drinks cooler.

“Actually,” you murmur, “Miss Ran, did the people who moved my stuff over bring everything I owned?” You ask, “Even the stuff I had in the apartment block's storage shed?” The blond woman looks at you for a moment, then nods. “Do you have any idea where they put it?”

“I think,” she responds, “Most of it would probably have up either in the storage room on the top floor. There could be some in the basement however.”

You shuffle uncomfortably in your seat, “We have a basement?” You ask. Truth be told you probably hadn't explored the house and grounds as much as you should have done - and it felt a little embarrassing to admit this. “No, nevermind - I'll look upstairs first.”

“Hmmm...” Ran nods thoughtfully, “Allow me to do your cleaning then,” she states, “I need to have a few private words with miss Hina anyway,” You look up in alarm at that - had she been listening in to Hina's rant in the kitchen? The fox-woman just smiles gently back at you. “Of all us here,” she continues, “Miss Hina is the only one with... hmmm...” She glances at Hina, “... Shall we say, a few specific requirements?” The green-haired woman looks away, her face slightly flushed. “Although it should really be your job to make such provisions,” continues Ran, “At present I believe such a task would be beyond your current understandings.”

You frown. That sounded a little too much like an excuse to you, but it wasn't something you wanted to call her on in front of everyone. “Fine then,” you state, standing up from the remains of your meal. “It'll probably take me a while to find and set up... so... I guess I'll call everyone then?”


It took, you guessed, only a little under an hour to find what you were searching for, take it downstairs, and hook it up to the television. Cirno, having been messing with her keyboard when you had returned to the living room, hadn't exactly made things easy - since she kept asking what this or that was and what you were doing. Part of you wanted to tell her to shut up for a minute, while another part of you felt rather happy that someone was taking an active interest in what you were doing. Admittedly you probably would have felt more positive about it if you thought Cirno actually understood most of what you said but given how often you had to stop and clarify things you were pretty certain a lot of it was simply passing over her head.

“Aha!” You pull away from the tangle of wires at the back of the television - seriously, who the hell had wired this up? There were something like seven different wires you still hadn't managed to identify back there. Well, whatever, you'd probably find out what they were when something went wrong - so no use worrying about them now. Besides, you'd finally found a way to hook up your little games console into that horrendous mass of bad electrical work.

“Eh?” Cirno peers over your shoulder, sending a chill across your skin where her body presses against your back. It was almost like how you imagined being hugged by an ice cube would feel. “You're done?” She asks, “Finished 'hooking' those wire thingies up?”

“Pretty much,” you respond, “Could you do me a favor and fetch the others?” The girl pulls away from you at your request and you soon hear her flitting out of the room. You ponder for a moment over how strange it is to be used to the girls occasionally flying from place to place rather than walking or running. Then you simply shrug it off and reach out to flick on both the television and then the games console you'd spent some time setting up - it was only a super nintendo, but it had been the first one of your small retro collection you had found and, frankly, it was suitable for what you wanted right now.

Soon the room is filled with a familiar chirpy tune as the brightly colored opening screen to Super Mario World, a true classic you feel, fills the massive television screen. You were vaguely aware that there was some kind of projection room on the top floor - you had gone into it by mistake when looking for the store room - and perhaps that could have given you a much bigger display... but there was something special, you thought, about sitting in the living room with pad in hand playing your part of video game history. Start, New Game, Level one... Right, Right, Jump, Grab the Mushroom...

You blink in surprise when something knocks into you from behind, and your Mario goes flying into a pit of Lava. Damned boss levels - what was with all that Lava anyway?

“Awwww... he fell in the red stuff!” comes a whine from behind you.

“Lava, actually.” You respond. Then pause. “Eh?” Turning around you see the girls arranged behind and beside you, all of them having evidently been watching your gaming with rapt attention - well, except for Ran, who seemed to be smirking from her position at the back. “Er... how long have you all been there?”

“Since you got that little green thingie the fat guy sat on?” Suika responds, “I don't quite get what's going on though...”

“Oh! Oh!” Cirno perks up, “Is it like that shikigami the stupid shop man had?” She frowns slightly, “Only, I dun' think it's a shikigami anymore, 'cuz it had them batt-er-ee holes in it, an' the piano had them holes and it isn't a shikigami...” There's a pause as she glances over at Ran, “An' I haven't checked, but I dun' think Ran has them holes - an' she is a shikigami.”

“It's a Game Boy.” Ran states suddenly, cutting Cirno off with her sharp tone. “The shopkeeper merely misunderstood Yukari, that's all.”

“A Game Boy huh?” You ponder for a moment, “Yeah, in that case this would be like the thing the shop man had.”

“Ha!” The triumphant yell from Cirno makes you duck almost reflexively. “I knew it wasn't a shikigami!” She falls silent, and you look back to see her making an expression of great effort at thinking. “But if it's not a shikigami,” she mutters, “then what is it?”

“It's a games console,” you answer, “It's an electronic device, like the piano, but instead of making music it makes...” Pausing you try hard to think how to explain it, “... it makes video games,” you say at last, “Which are kind of like visual games, displayed on this screen here -” you tap the television screen with one knuckle, “- and controlled with the control pad in my hand. See? If I press this button here... then this little man makes a jump. And if I press this one he moves left or right.” You demonstrate for a few minutes, explaining the idea behind the game - then you reach behind you and hand the pad to the nearest girl.

Hina makes a small squeak of surprise as you push the pad into her hands, but after a few experimental pokes and prods she seems to get the hang of things, moving Mario this way and that. It didn't last long however, as she soon passed the controller to an eager-looking Utsuho, who promptly dived Mario into a pit and then giggled about it. The evening passed slowly, with the controller being passed around more or less at random. Ran and Hina didn't seem to care much for it, and you suspected that Meiling wasn't entirely convinced by the idea of video games - but all in all the girls seemed to have fun with the novelty of the video game.
>> No. 85723
March 1st, Thursday, 2012


And that left you where you were this morning, pulling yourself out of bed after an all night gaming session for even after the girls had gone to bed you had stayed up a bit longer, reliving your old gaming experiences.

It didn't take long to get through your usual morning actions, and from what you could hear everything seemed to be the usual... though the noise outside seemed much quieter than it had before. In fact, you could hear an occasional yell which sounded like Meiling. You could hear some heavy, dragging footsteps from upstairs too - a drunken Suika you were sure. As to the other girls, you weren't entirely sure - but someone, at least, was outside with Meiling... assuming that was the sound of danmaku you could hear.


Morning Option:
[ ] Pick a girl to visit.
[ ] Pick a reason to visit girl. (Questions, smalltalk, etc)
>> No. 85725
File 124122900390.jpg - (393.43KB , 1100x1100 , 1240879353233.jpg ) [iqdb]
85725
[!/] Suika
[!/] Health check.
>> No. 85726
[x]Ran
[x]Ask her about Hina's "requirements".
[x]Ask her why she seems to be annoyed whenever Cirno tries to learn something.
>> No. 85728
>>85723

> Pick a girl to visit.
> Pick a reason to visit girl. (Questions, smalltalk, etc)

[x] Meiling
[x] Sex

This is why I shouldn't be allowed to vote.
>> No. 85729
[x]Ran
[x]Ask her about Hina's "requirements".
[x]Ask her why she seems to be annoyed whenever Cirno tries to learn something.
>> No. 85730
[x]Ran
[x]Ask her about Hina's "requirements".
[x]Ask her why she seems to be annoyed whenever Cirno tries to learn something.
>> No. 85731
[ ]Stalk
[ ] Cirno.

What. I misread smalltalk as stalk. It's a perfectly valid option. Plus, if we can sneak up on her, we might see some sort of secret display of intelligence. Especially what she's shown here, I think she's hiding something.
>> No. 85733
>>85728
I am compelled to vote, despite the fact that it would earn us a chest caving punch.

[x]Ran
[x]Ask her about Hina's "requirements".
[x]Ask her why she seems to be annoyed whenever Cirno tries to learn something.
>> No. 85734
[x]Ran
[x]Ask her why she seems to be annoyed whenever Cirno tries to learn something.
>> No. 85735
>>85723
[X]Ran
[X]Ask her about Hina's "requirements".
[X]Ask her why she seems to be annoyed whenever Cirno tries to learn something.

>“Aha!” You pull away from the tangle of wires at the back of the television - seriously, who the hell had wired this up? There were something like seven different wires you still hadn't managed to identify back there.

For some reason, I furrowed my brow at this portion. Maybe I'm too used to the convenience afforded by HDMI, but there's a difference between complicated and indecipherable. Either there's more than meets the eye concerning the TV(/apartment), or my paranoia gland has been kicked into overdrive.
>> No. 85736
>>85735
Yukari can see and hear us through to the tv. That crazy voyeur lady.
>> No. 85740
>>85735

Component cables are 6 wires...so...yea.
>> No. 85741
[x] Meiling
[x] Checking on the yelling...
[x] CAREFULLY, this time. We can't get injured every day.
>> No. 85742
[X]Ran
[X]Ask her about Hina's "requirements".
[X]Ask her why she seems to be annoyed whenever Cirno tries to learn something.
>> No. 85743
Why does nobody belive that cirno could be hiding something? I mean, really. Look at everything she's done so far. Even Ran's getting suspicious. Best to confirm our suspicions ourselves rather than doing so by proxy. There's something decidedly off here and we should, by all means, investigate it.
>> No. 85744
[X]Ran
[X]Ask her about Hina's "requirements".
[X]Ask her why she seems to be annoyed whenever Cirno tries to learn something.
>> No. 85745
[x]Ran
[x]Ask her about Hina's "requirements".
[x]Ask her why she seems to be annoyed whenever Cirno tries to learn something.
>> No. 85746
>>85743
>THE SQUAWKING OF GULLS
>> No. 85749
[~]Ran
[z]Ask her about Hina's "requirements".
[e]Ask her why she seems to be annoyed whenever Cirno tries to learn something.

>>85735
Yeah, I thought that was awful odd, too. We should figure that out, sometime.

My guess is it's the man from the hospital and his pals that bugged it.
>> No. 85754
[x]Ran
[x]Ask her about Hina's "requirements".
[x]Ask her why she seems to be annoyed whenever Cirno tries to learn something.
>> No. 85759
[x] Suika
[x] You want to practice martial arts with the little oni
>> No. 85760
>>85742

Doujin! I'm surprised at you!
I would have thought that you, at least, would have considered some perverted twist to Hina's extra needs.

Anyway, calling for:
[x]Ran
[x]Ask her about Hina's "requirements".
[x]Ask her why she seems to be annoyed whenever Cirno tries to learn something.
>> No. 85762
File 124127502647.jpg - (358.63KB , 600x800 , b9717bd66f04b7a8ab27cbde7add9431.jpg ) [iqdb]
85762
>>85760

>considered some perverted twist to Hina's extra needs.

Rocks fall. Everyone dies.
>> No. 85763
>>85760
Just because noone typed it doesn't mean we're not all thinking of it.
>> No. 85772
>>85760
All in good time, my friend. All in good time.
>> No. 86175
File 12419124256.jpg - (432.77KB , 1000x1200 , AngryRan.jpg ) [iqdb]
86175
You ignore the sounds outside, after yesterday you trusted the girls would know to keep things under control... Well, you trusted Meiling to keep things under control at least. Besides, right now you had questions, you knew who had the answers, and you didn't want to be distracted into putting the little talk you wanted off.

Ran, you were fairly certain, would be in the kitchen. For a moment you reflected on how the kitchen had become the place to hold private talks, then shrugged. It was as good as any other place in the house, and it wasn't like you were discussing anything which needed to be kept top secret anyway. Passing through the living room you nodded to Utsuho, who was engrossed in playing the video game from...

You pause. Turning back to look at the blank screen, the television evidently turned off. Even so Utsuho is holding the controller in her hands and frantically pressing buttons. The console itself, you note, is actually turned on.

“Er... What are you doing?” You ask, watching her stick her tongue out of the corner of her mouth in concentration.

“Playin'” She replies. “I'm on the third, um, level?”

“How do you know that?” You respond, “More to the point, how can you even play if you can't see?”

“oh,” the raven haired girl shrugs, “I remember what I did last time to get there.” She frowns slightly, “I have to make the picture box work if I wanna play any more,” she mumbles, then looks embarrassed. “But I don' know how...”

You smile and step over to her, “Here, you press this button,” You say, leaning over to switch on the television. “And then press this button until it says zero in the top corner.” Hitting the channel select button a few times, the scene of Mario landing upon a goomba's head suddenly snaps into being. You frown, “Huh... This is level three...” Glancing back at Utsuho you look at her curiously. “Your memory must be pretty good then, if you could remember how to do this.”

She laughs nervously. Then grins, “Of course it is!” She declared, “Only the best memory for the best youkai in the world!” You smile, glad to see she isn't feeling as down as she had been yesterday.

“Well,” you say, turning back to the kitchen, “You have fun, I need to go talk to Miss Ran now.”


“Good morning mister Ryogi,” Ran states as you step into the kitchen. “Tea?” she offers, gesturing to the kettle sitting on one of the cooker hobs, steam rising from it's spout. “The kettle is fresh boiled, and discourse is always preferable over a drink, don't you think?”

“Interesting how you know what I'm here for already.” You mutter. “I hear eavesdropping is a nasty habit.”

“And I don't exactly choose what I get to hear.” Ran responds, reaching up to touch her exposed fox ears. Curious that she had them on display, you couldn't remember seeing them outside of that frilly cap that had seemed almost glued to her scalp. “These aren't just for show after all.”

“Except that they appear to be uni-directional ears,” you counter, “I did study biology, I know as well as you do that if those work as I expect them to, then you can pretty much aim them where you want to so as to listen in on almost anything at will.”

“Ugh,” Ran grumbles, “I forgot I'm not dealing with the usual uneducated masses here. Back in Gensokyo the humans don't think twice about that sort of thing, putting anything they don't understand down to magic. Even the few outsiders soon settle into those ways.” She looks up at you, “If I thought anyone would care I always felt it would make for an interesting psychological and sociological study, how greater learning is soon subsumed into the mass of mysticism held by those of earlier cultural levels.”

“Isn't that perhaps a little insulting?” You reply, causing her to snort.

“I'm an academic stuck in a world where the general idea of being educated means being able to count to a hundred without the aid of your family member's fingers and toes.” Ran sighs, “I don't particularly mean to be so disparaging, but there are maybe two or three other people in the entirety of gensokyo who care, much less have a chance of understanding, about anything relating to academia. And, frankly, they're more interested in their own fields of knowledge than they are about anything else.”

“What about Miss Yakumo?” You ask, “She seemed rather intelligent to me.”

“Of course she is,” the blond woman replies, “even I don't entirely know the depths of her mental capacity, to be blunt she's as far beyond youkai as youkai are beyond humans - of course that means she's just far, far harder to comprehend than a normal youkai is by a human. She's also lazy, capricious, and acts more like a child than most children do. But then, but her standards, the world is just one vast sandbox for her to play in I expect.”

“That's... somewhat...” You begin, then trail off, “... I don't... I don't really know what I should think about that.”

“Then don't,” comes the response, “I gave up on trying to fully understand her centuries ago, I make a shot at it now and then, but it's always eluded me. I feel fairly content to at least know that, whatever she may do, it's all for the benefit of youkai as a race - even if they may not know or like it at the time.”
>> No. 86176
“So what would she think of your apparent views about Cirno?” You ask, giving Ran a solid glare. “Every time she seems to understand, or know, something, you look as if you disprove of it. I want to know why you seem to think her being smart is a bad thing.”

“Because it is.” Ran replies flatly. “Intelligence in a fairy is unheard of, they're simply not built to be capable of learning.” She frowns, “It's always been known she was smart for a fairy, but I always assumed she came into being like that.”

“Everything is capable of learning, that's the whole basis of evolution after all.” You state, “Without learning there would be no survival for a species. Extinction would be the only result.”

“Do the winds learn?” states the fox-youkai. “Do the waves? Does the earth, the fire, the ice?” Waving her hands Ran paces from one side of the room to another, “Fairies are manifestations of the elemental forces of the earth... they're different from other youkai in that they're formed by the belief in these forces, and this belief is so rock solid and unchanging that it reflects in the fairies themselves. They do not age, they do not die, some say they do not truly live, but importantly they do not change - they are absolutely incapable of learning.”

“I don't think I can believe that,” you murmur, causing Ran to turn on you.

“Of course not! Because you're intelligent! It took me decades to admit that was how things worked with them! Unlike some people I didn't just write them off as stupid from the start!” She yells, slapping her hands down on the kitchen counter between the two of you. “But that's just what they are! They're born with what they know and they stay with what they know and only what they were born knowing!”

“And Cirno doesn't fit that theory. Does she?” Ran nods at your statement, “Which means one of two things - either fairies can evolve and learn, or she's not a fairy.”

Ran nods again. “In the former it's something I've not seen any evidence of in all my time knowing fairies, and in the latter it begs the question of what she is if not a fairy. One a highly unlikely possibility, given the evidence, and the other is a complete leap into the unknown - I can say with fair certainty that I know near every species of youkai, and she isn't any of those.”

“So, you're angry because you don't know?” That was more understandable you thought, “I've known academics to get like that,” you murmur, “so I suppose that would explain things. But I do have one more question...”

“About miss Hina no doubt.” Ran states, “And her little outburst yesterday?” She nods, “It was obvious that you had not bought my excuse, though I should point out that she did have needs that needed meeting - her faith was lower than usual, it's known to make gods particularly irritable.”

You frown. “Her outburst didn't seem like it was just irritation.”

“Hmmm...” The fox woman sighs and you see her ears twitch, “Reimu is... not greatly liked by those who are not actively her friends. Even the humans aren't terribly fond, though they are far more accepting of her and her... habits.” her ears twitch again, and you get the feeling that she's not entirely willing to part with this information. “She is... lazy, opinionated, sometimes even bigoted... but she is also kind, wise beyond her years, and always prepared to put down incidents which threaten Gensokyo - her life, such as it is, is one devoted to keeping Gensokyo at peace. Though she may be overly willing to beat up near enough anyone who irritates her, there is one thing you must keep in mind.”

“And that would be...?”

“Those who came before her were worse.” she states, giving you a cold stare. “Where Reimu beats them, her ancestors - even her parents - would obliterate them. Where Reimu lets humans and youkai mingle, her ancestors would slaughter the youkai and encourage the deaths of the humans that mingled as traitors. Where Reimu brokered a deal to prevent the endless preying of youkai on humans and constant human reprisals, her ancestors would allow the attacks to occur - both so that they ensured the villagers would continue donating to them, and that they would have no opposition to their youkai slaying.”

“I... Hina didn't even hint that things were that way...” You murmur, causing Ran to shake her head.

“She didn't know. She arrived in Gensokyo while Reimu was the shrine maiden, it's a similar situation with most of the younger youkai and other more recent arrivals. The humans however... many are old enough still to remember Reimu's parents, and a good number remember how youkai used to be... I suspect they would welcome another killer as the shrine keeper.” The blond woman shrugs, “Likewise there are older youkai, from before, who chafe at the peace and wish to be back in the endless game of predator and prey... but they are, thankfully few, and are easily held in check by the strength of those who do not wish for such times to return.” She laughs once, a barking and bitter laugh, “Even the most feared demon Yuuka, who lived only for violence, was in agreement on that!”

“I see...” You whisper, “I didn't know.”
>> No. 86177
File 124191250639.jpg - (130.52KB , 700x800 , SadRan.jpg ) [iqdb]
86177
“Go away,” Ran states suddenly, looking down at a cup of tea, “I've answered your questions, and now I would request time alone. You have stirred up some... unpleasant... memories of mine.” To your eyes Ran seems to age several years in a moment, looking for all the world like those old war survivors you used to see visiting your family shrine when you were younger - the ones who went there to pray for the friends and people they had lost in the conflicts. Quietly you turn away from her and make your way out of the kitchen, pulling the door shut behind as you go.


What now?
[ ] Make your decisions anon.


Long wait. Long post. LOGIC AT WORK.
>> No. 86178
[x] Go look for Cirno and see whats she's up too.

Ha, told you Reimu wasn't so bad.
>> No. 86179
[X] Go find Cirno and see what she's up to.
[X] Talk to her, and if possible segue into the possibility of teaching her math.
[X] If she's up for any learning, teach her basic math!
[X] Be sure to gather up any materials that may be good teaching aids. Think back to elementary school. Use coins, candy pieces, and the like as visual aids, if necessary. If not, then don't; we don't want to be condescending in our teaching methods.
[X] Secure her cooperation with candy. We have candy, right?
[X] Once she progresses enough, teach her how to use a calculator, as well as Arabic numerals that some calculators use. If we have time, of course.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit, but I think this might be good. What does everyone else think?
>> No. 86180
File 124191980832.jpg - (273.10KB , 700x490 , 4f3ed4d9a6573a2d1ad280b70651226d.jpg ) [iqdb]
86180
>Even the most feared demon Yuuka, who lived only for violence, was in agreement on that

Oh Yuuka~chama. Got bored with insanity?

>>86178

Have to say, AD totally shot down the "Reimu is a bitch" argument. For now.

[!/] Go look for Cirno and see whats she's up too.
[!/] Check on Meiling and whoever was her duelist.
>> No. 86181
Thing is, Reimu is a bitch - to a point, and not even to everyone. But compared to her ancestors, she's damn near a saint.

Remember, it was supposedly Reimu who created the spellcard rules, and made peace between human and youkai (though i admit that seems likely to be more Yukari's doing, but it's a doing she evidently could only do with Reimu - implying that Reimu's parents were much more anti-youkai than Reimu can be at times.)

Though, you know... It occurs to me that does bring up the possibility of Yukari herself having killed Reimu's parents (or at least orchestrating their deaths) so that she'd be able to ensure Reimu didn't grow up a rampant Youkai-killer.
>> No. 86182
File 124192150414.jpg - (258.07KB , 700x602 , f61618ccbb5f5445e90c12de99dca831.jpg ) [iqdb]
86182
>>86181

tl;dr JUST AS KEIKAKU
>> No. 86184
[x]Go look for Cirno, see what she's doing.
>> No. 86186
[x] Go find Suika. We need to know she's feeling as well as Utsuho is.
[x] Ask her for a private talk in the study over sake and dessert. You'd like to learn more about her. She also spends time with Reimu, so you may be able to learn a bit more of this shrine maiden as well.

I would have found it hilarious if all of the girls had something bad to say about Reimu, then one day we meet up with her and she's the nicest person in the world.
>> No. 86187
File 124193335844.jpg - (318.22KB , 840x700 , 123245248578.jpg ) [iqdb]
86187
>>86186

>then one day we meet up with her and she's the nicest person in the world.

I am now imagining Reimu going DereDere over Mr.Ryougi, manually.
Why this is escapes me completely.
>> No. 86189
>>86187
And then in a fit of insanity, we sodomize her relentlessly, and turn her into Gensokyo's play-thing.

You are now imagining Hina violently taking Reimu from behind with a large strap-on, manually.
>> No. 86190
Man, now and then I forget that Gensokyo is really Planet Asshole Prime, and then I'm very suddenly remembered and it feels like a trebuchet of cold water.
>> No. 86191
>>86190
That feeling; perturbed or refreshed?
>> No. 86192
File 124193766327.jpg - (58.49KB , 812x887 , 1241317001739.jpg ) [iqdb]
86192
>>86189
>> No. 86193
[x] Find Hina, help her with this "faith" problem.

Stop the problem before it starts again.
>> No. 86196
>>86190
I've always felt that this is open to interpretation. Based on the few lines of cannon, and the loss of information in translation, one can take what is said to be anything from playful and hollow threats to genuine attempts at murder. This wide breadth makes the games more enjoyable to me.
>> No. 86197
[X]Play memory games with Utsuho. Turn the games into a social lesson.
[X]Do something nice for ran...perhaps we've been relying on her too heavily...what would an older fox lady like...?
>> No. 86198
...How very interesting.
>> No. 86199
>>86189
I can't begin to express what a fucking idiot you are.

I mean, have you ever even heard of futa?
>> No. 86200
[x] Go find Suika. We need to know she's feeling as well as Utsuho is.
[x] Ask her for a private talk in the study over sake and dessert. You'd like to learn more about her. She also spends time with Reimu, so you may be able to learn a bit more of this shrine maiden as well.

>>86199
Maybe he can't imagine Hina springing a dick out of nowhere
>> No. 86203
[x] Find Hina, help her with this "faith" problem
>> No. 86210
>>86194
>Hina's faith problem will probably need to be dealt with, but is there really all that much that we can do for her on our own?

Well, if faith transfers can be done the same way as mana transfers, there's a whole lot we can do for her.

[X] Find Hina, help her with this "faith" problem.
>> No. 86214
[X]Play memory games with Utsuho. Turn the games into a social lesson.
[X]Do something nice for Ran...perhaps we've been relying on her too heavily...what would an older fox lady like...?

Ooh, I like those. It would be interesting to see just how good Utsuho's memory can be, and it could help figure out the most effective way to teach her things.

And Ran definitely needs something nice done for her. Even on what should feel like a vacation for her, and she's still stuck playing den mother to a rather unruly group. Whatever entertainment she might get from our own fumbling would naturally dry up when she still has to help clean up whatever mess the others cause.
>> No. 86215
>>86210
>Well, if faith transfers can be done the same way as mana transfers, there's a whole lot we can do for her.
"What's wrong, Ryougi?"
"It won't get up."
"..."
"..."
>> No. 86217
In before a short story is written about Govtanon getting on his knees to pray to Hina and receiving communion in a much less desired "this is my blood which is given to you" manner.
>> No. 86218
>>86217

Where is my Touhou VN demo, niggerpants.
>> No. 86220
>>86215
>>86217

These are definitely Scorn-material.
>> No. 86221
>>86220

The first one already happened, more or less, in JiG.
>> No. 86222
>>86200
It's Touhou. Futa is the fucking bread and butter of the h-fandom for it. If you aren't comfy with that, then Touhou H is not for you.

Regardless, the real point is that he's a childish little fuck, or incredibly socially inept, because to say that out of nowhere where there wasn't even innuendo to fuel it is just retarded.
>> No. 86227
>>86196
>one can take what is said to be anything from playful and hollow threats to genuine attempts at murder

Considering that:
1. Nobody ever gets murdered
2. Nobody ever seems worried that people they care about were defeated
3. Some pre-fight dialogue has no real hostility at all (especially in the 2-player games)
4. Any post-fight dialogue from the loser generally sounds, at most, resigned or disappointed rather than fearful

I'd say it's just trash talk. The spell card rules are meant to replace genuine violent attacks, so they at least want to act like it's a real fight.
>> No. 86229
>>86199
>>86200
Now hold the fuck on. I just found the image a lot more appealing if the cock was rubbery and black.

>>86222
No, there may not have been any innuendo to fuel it, though the thought of a bitchy Reimu going yandere over the protagonist, getting turned on, then being raped by the very people who've been hating her in this CYOA, was - yes I admit - sudden, though just an off-hand remark of the previous two posts.
>> No. 86231
>>86199

Maybe he didn't consider futa at all. Strap-on and Futanari may look alike, but are very different.

It's like rape, really: It's not a matter of sex, but a matter of power (and rage, but let's disconsider this part).
>> No. 86233
>>86200
You just made me picture hina with a switchblade penis crotch.

>>86227
In general I tend to agree with your interpretation in most cases, but the whole mystia/yuyuko thing can be used as a counterexample, as well as several of the darker characters: flandre, dark rumia...and there have of course been several references to youkai eating humans, and humans eliminating them in balance...in fact, I think this was in the ending to IN.
I'm not saying that there is a lean, I'm saying that cannon is open-ended enough that you can interpret the world anywhere on the spectrum and still be within reason. You can't do that with many other fandoms.
>> No. 86239
>>86233
>the whole mystia/yuyuko thing can be used as a counterexample
Read the rest of Yuyuko's dialogue in that game, she was making dumb food jokes the entire time.
>Keine: What is your purpose?
>Youmu: To restore the corrupted moon.
>Yuyuko: No, no, Youmu.
>Youmu: Eh!?
>Yuyuko: It's a wonderful midnight snack tour across the land.
I doubt she really ate Mystia, she was just bothering Youmu who was trying to take things seriously.

>several of the darker characters: flandre, dark rumia...
Flandre's kept in the basement, and Rumia can't even chase someone without hitting trees. They're exceptions, if anything.

>and there have of course been several references to youkai eating humans, and humans eliminating them in balance...
That's in the past, it's what the spellcard duels are meant to replace. According to the PMiSS monologue, modern Gensokyo has become so peaceful that they even stage "abductions" and "exterminations" for fun.
>> No. 86240
>>86233

> but the whole mystia/yuyuko thing can be used as a counterexample

I don't think so, being that Mystia pops back up all pretty and undigested in PMiSS and PoFV. Also,

> flandre

My cannon knowledge about Flandre is admittedly slight (As there really isn't much info on her), but she seems to be less insane/depressed, and acts more like the run of the mill kid with super powers she doesn't understand the depth of.

>dark rumia

Fan creation. Rumia is actually very lazy about attacking humans, considering it a pain.

ZUN's a moe head, and he went out of his way to make canon Touhou as anti-serious as possible. The best example being Silent Sinner in Blue.
>> No. 86241
>>they even stage "abductions" and "exterminations" for fun

Does that sound as creepy to anyone else as it does to me? Like some kind of freaky denial of truth thing.
>> No. 86242
>>86241

My mind processes it as erotic, so no.
>> No. 86243
>>86242

FUND IT. FUND IT NOW.
>> No. 86244
>>86241
Yeah, it's like the people who set up rape fantasies for fun.
>> No. 86245
Think about it: Mystia and Wriggle kidnapping some poor soul from the village and "eating" him. All night long~
>> No. 86246
>>86245
I'm not into guro.
>> No. 86248
>>86246
Forgot your shirou.jpg

>>86244
Agreed.
>> No. 86250
File 124201527521.jpg - (142.56KB , 793x566 , 1702353.jpg ) [iqdb]
86250
>>86241
Well, the exact quote is:
>Youkai extermination continues in name only, and abductions are only carried out for show.
so the former is more like Reimu/Marisa/Sanae/etc. using the word "exterminate".

For the latter, I tend to imagine a drunken party where somebody loses a game with Yuugi and she throws him/her over her shoulder and declares that she's "abducting" them (wink wink) and everyone laughs and drinks more.
>> No. 86251
File 124201560919.png - (244.17KB , 1120x1600 , this_one_time_14.png ) [iqdb]
86251
>>86250
also relevant
>> No. 86261
File 124202302892.png - (325.34KB , 700x500 , 1194024176654.png ) [iqdb]
86261
>>My cannon knowledge about Flandre is admittedly slight (As there really isn't much info on her), but she seems to be less insane/depressed, and acts more like the run of the mill kid with super powers she doesn't understand the depth of.

Sometimes I wonder if the reason Flandre is branded as "insane" isn't because she's actually crazy, but because she is, in fact, sane while everyone else in Gensokyo is crazy. Or at least, enough of a majority for what would be "insane" to us to be regarded as "normal" for them.

If that were the case, it would raise an interesting question regarding her remaining in the SDM's basement, and who is really being protected from whom by it.

I realize it probably isn't, but it's fun to think about.
>> No. 86262
File 124202372561.jpg - (168.31KB , 750x1000 , f2b05d844658508ac945ff9c80d1a85b.jpg ) [iqdb]
86262
>>86261

Super sane Flan~chan. Sounds nice.
>> No. 86268
>>86261
Could you imagine what would happen and Flandre ran into someone of power like Yuka? and Yuka finally finding someone she can cut loose with? There wouldn't be a Gensokyo left.

No, no. Gensokyo is the nuthouse. Flandre is locked away to be kept away from the other nuts.
>> No. 86270
>>86250
Do want.
>> No. 86283
>>86261
>>86268
...Wonko Flandre the Sane?

I think I just might use this.
>> No. 86285
>>Yuka finally finding someone she can cut loose with? There wouldn't be a Gensokyo left.

Considering just how many people there are in Gensokyo that Yuka could still do this with, I think Flandre running into her should be the least of anyone's worries. Just imagine the escalating battle that would occur if Yuka were to take on, say, Utsuho. Big freaking lasers versus giant atomic suns? Hoo-boy.
>> No. 86620
>>86285

That could lead to the discovery of sun-flowers.
>> No. 86757
File 124273704882.jpg - (112.89KB , 600x500 , underground-gaming.jpg ) [iqdb]
86757
You spend several moments silently watching Utsuho play with the games console as you try to sort things out in your head. Now you knew what was up with Hina you felt somewhat relieved - it was just simple everyday prejudice, something you could understand, rather than any more esoteric crazy goddess thing. The fact that Ran was apparently helping her with the faith she supposedly needed to survive was a little worrying, but it sounded like Ran had everything under control - and you doubted that Yukari would have just sent Hina out here if she was likely to waste away so easily anyway.

Cirno on the other hand... Hell, you didn't know where to start. She was a pretty nice girl. You hadn't detected so much as a hint of malice from her at all and from what little experience you had with other children, you knew that most of them were little assholes at best. Ugh, you still remembered 'bring your children to work' day... six months work down the drain because some brat threw a tantrum and wrecked some vital samples, then his parent hadn't even wanted to beat him like the little shit he was! And then you got all the blame for putting the project behind schedule! By comparison Cirno, and Suika - for they both had the look of children to you - were practically saints!

If you discounted Suika's drinking at least. And the more than adult commentary she had made at Renko's store. As you think, you watch Utsuho playing - tongue stuck out the corner of her mouth in concentration, and her antire body swaying to the left and right along with the control pad as she seems to be doing her best to make Mario fly that little bit further with sheer will alone. Compared to the diminutive Suika, Utsuho acted more like a child even though physically it was clear that the latter was the more adultly developed. Not for the first time you found yourself trying to make sense of the seemingly haphazard biology and psychology of youkai... and it didn't help that you knew you were still lacking the majority of the pieces for that little puzzle.

“Screw it,” you murmur. There was one puzzle which your chat with Ran had brought up, and had been furnished with a bucket load of new pieces to try and fit into it. “Miss Utsuho,” You ask suddenly, “Do you know where miss Cirno is?”

“Outside,” the raven-haired girl replies distractedly, not missing a beat in her gaming. “Playing.”

“And you?” you inquire, “What are you up to today? I would have thought you'd be outside playing as well, since you seem to enjoy that.”

The mario game pauses, then Utsuho turns to look at you with a conspiratorial look. “'m keeping out of trouble.” She half-whispers, “When me 'n Orin do something really bad, we keep out of trouble until everyone forgets about it.” She nods, pleased with herself, before turning back to her game. It made sense you supposed, lying low until the heat had passed.

“Well, have fun.” You respond, “and good luck lying low.” You add, somewhat amused by how she didn't seem to realize that it was you that she was technically lying low from - well, you and Ran anyway.
>> No. 86758
File 124273706855.png - (218.59KB , 480x640 , evilcirno.png ) [iqdb]
86758
Stepping outside, more carefully than the last time you had gone to see girls at play, you soon spot Cirno hovering in the air some distance away. From here you can see her scanning the area, presumably searching for whoever she was playing with. Was surprise and stealth a part of danmaku play? From the descriptions you had been given you had kind of expected it to be more like a face-to-face slugging match. Suddenly, from the treeline that all but surrounded the house and grounds, a figure burst into the air and let loose a barrage of purple and red danmaku shots.

As the shots draw closer to Cirno you see her set herself, then dive to one side as a wave of shots passes through where she had been hovering. Mid dive, however, she stops dead and suddenly drops under other shots you hadn't even noticed until then. Even as she does this one of her arms swings out to launch a line of ice-blue shots in return - unlike the complex waves that her opponent was firing, these were a much simpler single line. Remembering the explanation you had been given it did make sense why, with all her concentration and effort focused on not getting hit by her opponent's shot there was no way for her to make anything more complex of her own.

Leaving Cirno's mid-air acrobatics which, though clumsy, still seemed so awe inspiring, you direct your attention to her attacker. Wearing a black and blue goth-loli style dress, the figure is immediately recognizable as being Hina - the only person in the house you knew to own or wear such outfits. Unlike the fairy's erratic movements, Hina's movements seemed calmer and less frantic. Though, you didn't really know if spellcard placed any limitations on physical movement... It seemed sort of likely, given that the goddesses minimal actions now didn't seem to mesh with her initial and rather showy ambush of Cirno. Come to that, given Cirno's fairly predictable retaliations you were sure that Hina should have had no trouble at all in avoiding them if she was capable of practicing even half of the evasion ability that the fairy was showing at the moment. Suddenly you see the goddess stumble in mid-air an unexpected failure in her flight ability for the briefest of moments causing her to drop like a rock. She recovered almost instantly, even if she had been only a foot or two off the ground you thought it unlikely that she would have so much as grazed the floor. As she recovered you noted that the purple and red danmaku had ceased aside from a few shots she had got off before... well, you assumed that Cirno had managed to break her spellcard. The backlash of the disruption to her visualization must have been what caused Hina to stumble - or perhaps it was just the byproduct of the spellcard coming to an abrupt halt when she simply wasn't ready for it.

“Hello up there!” You yell, figuring that now was a good time to interrupt - while neither side was actively shooting at the other. It seemed to be a wise decision, as at your call both girls seem to pause and look down. Cirno waves cheerfully at you with one arm, while Hina starts to drift downwards towards you. Spotting this Cirno too descends, though she does so at a breakneck pace - almost giving your a heart attack as she slams to a halt moments before she plants herself into the soil at speed. “Hah!” she exclaims, spinning in the air to face the still descending goddess. “I win!”

“A true capture,” Hina responds, drawing close enough to talk normally and be heard. “Not once did I spot you take a hit, though I also did not spot you scoring any grazes either.”

“But! But!” Cirno protests, “I still did it!” Childishly she sticks her hands out, as if expecting something. “I won it fair and square!” Hina sighs, then smiles and produces a small card from seemingly nowhere.

“Floating misfortune. A festival of dolls. Luck, taken away.” She recites, gently pressing the card into the younger girls hands. “Your reward for capturing it.” Curious you lean over to get a better look - it seems to be a spellcard, like the one Cirno had shown you the day before. Unlike Cirno's, however, this one was made with a somewhat higher degree of skill... “It is just a copy,” Hina murmurs, sensing your curiosity. “When someone shows that they can defeat a spellcard with such ease that they do not get hit - or have a need to use a defensive spellcard -”

“A bomb!” Cirno cuts in, “The strongest, me, never needs to use them!”

“Well, you had no need to use one this time at least.” Agrees the older woman, before she turns back to you, “For defeating a spellcard with such ease, it is generally considered usual to be rewarded with a copy of the card as a trophy. Most of the time it is little more than a trophy, though there are those who try to work out how to emulate them.” Glancing at Cirno, who was examining the card with glee, Hina shrugs lightly. “Of course there are some things which cannot be emulated - such as my interactions with misfortune.”

“Heeey...” You blink as Cirno appears in front of you, looking up in curiosity. “What'd you want anyway?”


[ ] Response
>> No. 86768
[x] Offer Cirno an advanced studying course, so that she might be the Smartest as well as the Strongest. If she does well, she'll get a special prize.
[x] Tell Hina you'd like to have some tea with her later today. She'll know what it means.
>> No. 86800
[x] Offer Cirno an advanced studying course, so that she might be the Smartest as well as the Strongest. If she does well, she'll get a special prize.
[x] Tell Hina you'd like to have some tea with her later today. She'll know what it means.
>> No. 86806
[x] Offer Cirno an advanced studying course, so that she might be the Smartest as well as the Strongest. If she does well, she'll get a special prize.
[x] Tell Hina you'd like to have some tea with her later today. She'll know what it means.
>> No. 86819
[x] Offer Cirno an advanced studying course, so that she might be the Smartest as well as the Strongest. If she does well, she'll get a special prize.
[x] Tell Hina you'd like to have some tea with her later today. She'll know what it means.
>> No. 86833
[x] Offer Cirno an advanced studying course, so that she might be the Smartest as well as the Strongest. If she does well, she'll get a special prize.
[x] Tell Hina you'd like to have some tea with her later today. She'll know what it means.

Let's see, I remember we've talked to at least Hina and Ran. Who else have we started getting to know?
>> No. 86836
>>86833

We're short on talking to Meiling and Suika.
>> No. 86839
[X] tell them you just wanted to watch for a bit, and wanted to make sure to let them know you were there this time...just to be safe.

It's no fun if the vote is unanimous.
>> No. 87650
[x] Tell Hina you'd like to have some updates later today. She'll know what it means.
>> No. 87758
>>87650
this action will only end in misfortune.
>> No. 87759
>>87758
Yes. Yes it will.
>> No. 87762
[x] Offer Cirno an advanced studying course, so that she might be the Smartest as well as the Strongest. If she does well, she'll get a special prize.
[x] Tell Hina you'd like to have some tea with her later today. She'll know what it means.

"You see Cirno, in the outside even though we don't have danmaku, we do have 'spellcards' you can capture. They normally take years of work and study, some of which are earned at great expense. The most important of these spellcards are called 'diplomas' and they are a matter of great pride in the Outside.

"Essentially how it works is that you go to a facility that is authorized in dealing diplomas, usually a College or University, where you meet 'professors' who are people that test others who want to 'capture' a diploma, always have diplomas themselves. These Professors subject you to a series of tests, tests which require knowledge, creativity, and critical thinking, some of which require mental agility and pattern memorization as difficult as a danmaku spellcard. Luckily, Professors will often tell you where to find the knowledge and prepare you for these tests; in fact, they want you to beat them, so as to increase the total knowledge in the world, that is their job and for most, their life goal.

"After dozens of such tests, you must create a thesis. A thesis is a sort of masterwork spellcard that you must create on your own, a unique signature spellcard that identifies you alone out of billions of people. Creating a thesis involves 'capturing' aspects of other spellcards, usually the written and published works of people who hold diplomas, citing these spellcards in the thesis, and taking all that information and constructing something new and novel out of it. Finally after a review of your thesis from a board of Professors, you will be rewarded the diploma.

"But it doesn't stop there. There are yet harder diplomas to capture, if one is willing. Or one might find a job that requires the intelligence and skills their diploma certifies. Finally, you can become a Professor yourself, to instruct, test, and aid others in learning.

"Like danmaku, knowledge isn't always just for fun, rather it's necessary for the survival of society. While danmaku is used to resolve confrontations or arguments in Gensokyo, the Outside is a much larger world. Our conflicts involve millions, even billions of people. It is the duty of the strongest, the government, consisting of civil servants who have been by general consensus of the population, are acknowledged as experts in diplomacy to prevent, manage, avoid, and end conflicts.

"Just as important as the Strongest, the Smartest are the scientists who dedicate their lives to fixing the problems that cause conflicts.

"Sometimes the Strongest and the Smartest do not always get along. After all, if the Smartest solve all the problems before they occur, the Strongest has no reason for being, as there would no longer be problems for them to correct. On the other hand, the Strongest needs the Smartest because the Smartest provides the Strongest with the resources they need when the Strongest fail to avoid conflict: War. During a War, the Strongest of different nations send out their servants to kill or force surrender of their enemy's servants, in order to end the conflict in their favor. This is a terrible thing because it involves killing. Much better is it that you use danmaku in Gensokyo to prevent conflicts from turning into killing. Much better also is it that we use knowledge in the Outside to prevent conflicts from turning into killing.

"This is part of what I do, having captured a few diplomas myself, Cirno. Because of this I've been able to help the government, our Strongest, when they wanted to capture a particularly dangerous murderer. Now I am here by will of our Strongest to use my knowledge to impart some knowledge to you, so that when the time come for Gensokyo and the Outside to properly meet each other in full, we can prevent any conflicts from arising. This is what some of the Strongest of both our lands have agreed upon, since any conflict involving the lives of billions is sure to be calamitous. In this way, you and I are involved in a test of sharing knowledge, making sure we understand each other. There is no spellcard I know of captured at the end of this of this test, but if we do pull this off, we'll have played some definite part in saving the world. That is something a little more deserving of praise and respect, I think.

"And I'm sure we can ask the Strongest of our both our lands to make us a few honorary diplomas. Wouldn't that be nice thing to show your friends? 'I, Cirno, in co-operation with the First Outsider-Gensokyo Cohabitation and Mutual Learning Exercise, have paved the way for a harmonious coexistence between these two great bodies, and in this way has saved the World from a terrible conflict.'"
>> No. 87768
>>87762
>wall
fffffffffffff... i wish my university experiance had been *half* as fun as you make it sound there.
>> No. 87773
>>87768
I yearn for your updates. YOUR PLOTTON SUSTAINS ME
>> No. 87824
File 12439024423.jpg - (113.97KB , 850x1142 , cirnocirnocirno.jpg ) [iqdb]
87824
“We~ll,” you drawl, “I was thinking of giving your some advanced studying to do...” You note Cirno's face screw up in disapproval of that idea. “After all, what point is there being the strongest if you're not also the smartest - right? It wouldn't do to have other people able to make the strongest look like an idiot - you know?”

“I'm not an idiot!” You jump slightly at Cirno's loud declaration. “Everyone says I am but i'm not! I'm smart!” She stamps her foot. “S! M! R! T! Smart!” she pauses. frowns, then holds out one hand, fingers outstretched. Carefully she closes each finger in turn, mouthing out something in silence, finally she looks up at you and glares. “S! M! A! R! T!”

Suppressing the urge to laugh at Cirno's act, you cough and bite your lip for a moment. With how Cirno had been acting recently, taking the fore on several occasions to show off her knowledge, you hadn't expected her to react so violently to being thought of as an idiot. Though, thinking on it, if everyone treated her as the 'stupid fairy' they expected her to be due to a fairies normal inability to learn...

“I'm sorry,” you apologise, “I didn't mean to imply you were, uh, below average intelligence.” The blue-haired girl glares up at you for several long seconds, evidently not entirely understanding what you just said, before giving you a curt nod.

“Good!” she declares. “'Cuz I'm the strongest and the smartest in Gensokyo!” She folds her arms over her chest as she continues, “No-one else knows about...” She pauses and mouths something under her breath, “... electree-city!”

“Except everyone else here does too.” You reply, “Since I did explain it to them when you all arrived, remember?”

Cirno frowns in thought, then nods. “Oh, yeah.” she mumbles, “But I know about other stuff as well! I know... um... I know how to read! And make metal float! And catch fish! And make rainbows! And!... And!... And lots of other stuff!”

“But what do you do with what you know?” You ask, “And what do you do with your strength if you're the strongest?” Hina, still nearby, raises one eyebrow in a sign of curiosity.

“I'm teaching Daiyousei to read!” Cirno yells, then pauses, “Or I was... until I came here.” she frowns, then stomps her foot angrily, “Stupid red-white! Stupid black-white! It's all their fault!”

“Uh...” You wonder what you should say now.


[ ] Respond
(Offer of EPIC TEACHINGS to cirno is ongoing)

getting back in after, basically, not caring about writing for a while. Eh.
>> No. 87825
>And make metal float!
Superconductivity is awesome.

[X]Teach her about superconductors. With a side of basic heat transfer.
>> No. 87826
[X] "Uhh, red-white? Black-white? What, or who, are you talking about?"

He knows Reimu's name, but not what she looks like right?

Or was he told that already?
>> No. 87830
[X]Teach her about superconductors. With a side of basic heat transfer.
>> No. 87833
I love Cirno. So much. So very much.

[x] Thermodynamics for ⑨s

Gauge what she does know first, by presenting fundamentals. Then proceed to application. She already has plenty of the latter, and we want to make sure that they aren't based on misconceptions, lest we reify them.
>> No. 87840
[x] "I'm sorry this experiment tore you away from your friend. It did that to all of us. But this is a great chance to learn even more, so you can teach her more too."
[x] "Intelligence and Knowledge are different. I think you are very smart, possibly smarter than me, but if you don't keep learning its just wasted. That's why I want to give you the advanced class, because I think you could be amazing."
[x] "The smartest people I know are the ones who admit that they still have much to learn and keep working to do so. So lets work hard so you can show the red-and-white and black-and-white just what you are capable of."
>> No. 87842
[X] "Well, all things considered, I guess I understand how nice it can be to teach someone something new."
[X] "So, how about letting me teach you? If you learn anything new, that'll be one more thing for you to teach... Daiyousei, was it?"

Aww, Cirno's a sweetheart when it comes down to it, ain't she?
>> No. 87848
[x] >>87762

I think this is the perfect response.
>> No. 87854
[ze] some perfect amalgamation of everything voted for so far.
>> No. 87958
[x] >>87762

Seconded.
>> No. 87963
[x] "I'm sorry this experiment tore you away from your friend. It did that to all of us. But this is a great chance to learn even more, so you can teach her more too."
[x] "Intelligence and Knowledge are different. I think you are very smart, possibly smarter than me, but if you don't keep learning its just wasted. That's why I want to give you the advanced class, because I think you could be amazing."
[x] "The smartest people I know are the ones who admit that they still have much to learn and keep working to do so. So lets work hard so you can show the red-and-white and black-and-white just what you are capable of."
>> No. 89091
File 124590693677.jpg - (178.53KB , 800x757 , carpetmatchesthedrapes.jpg ) [iqdb]
89091
I'll just be leaving this here...
>> No. 89092
File 124590707480.jpg - (152.62KB , 705x800 , 1244237164766.jpg ) [iqdb]
89092
>>89091

No shocku factor.
>> No. 90470
Updaaate.
>> No. 90493
“I'm sorry you got taken away from your friends,” you murmur, kneeling down to look the blue-haired girl in the eye. “It did that to all of us.” Some less than others, you thought thinking on how shit your life had actually been before this. “But, you know, this is a chance to learn a lot of new things - right? And then you can teach Daiyousei everything you learned here when you go back after this is all over.” You smile slightly, “And wouldn't she be impressed with that?”

“Yeah...” Cirno mumbles, pursing her mouth in thought. “I guess...”

“Besides,” You continue, “Intelligence and knowledge aren't really the same thing - you can know every fact in the world but you'll still be an idiot if you don't know how those facts can be used to help yourself and others.”

The blue girls looks up at you and frowns. “Huh?”

You reach out and ruffle her hair, eliciting a squeal of annoyance as the fairy frantically tries to pat her hair back into place. “Maybe it's a little to early for you to understand,” you state, “But I think you are smart, smarter than me in some ways - I mean, I don't know how to fly or shoot danmaku now, do I? But your power... I think theres ways I can help you, which is why I want to give you a more advanced class, because I think you could be amazing.”

“I don't need any help!” the girl yells, “I said I'm the strongest!”

“Really?” You ask, “Well the smartest, and strongest, people I know are the people who always insist that they're not good enough.” You shrug, “The people who keep striving to know more, to be faster, to be stronger, the people who won't keep trying to improve for as long as they live.”

Looking over Cirno's head, you meet Hina's eyes for a moment and give her a slow wink. “People who settle into one place and refuse to imrprove... those are the people we call 'idiots'”

Looking back down you suddenly hiss in pain as Cirno kicks you in the shin, “I'm not an idiot!” she yells, before kicking you in the other shin. As you fall down, clutching at your shins, the fairy launches herself up into the air, sticks her tongue out at you, and zooms off out of sight.

“That could have gone better I assume.” Hina remarks, only to get a strained whine in response. “Would you appreciate some help getting to your feet?”

You just groan and nod as Hina offers you one hand.



DAYTIME ACTIVITY
[ ] Teaching Science (Explaining scientific concepts to the girls)
[ ] Teaching Technology (Explaining technology and how to use it)
[ ] Teaching Social (Explaining modern social behaviors and ettiquette)
[ ] Teaching Maths (Explaining maths, including things such as finances)
[ ] Testing (Gain an understanding into what a girl knows already)

And pick a girl
[ ] Meiling
[ ] Hina
[ ] Suika
[ ] Ran
[ ] Utsuho
[ ] All (teaches all the girls, but with less effect than 1-1 teaching)

THERE.
>> No. 90503
[X] Teaching Technology (Explaining technology and how to use it)
[X] Meiling
>> No. 90504
[x] Teaching Social (Explaining modern social behaviors and ettiquette)
[x] All

Should probably test them again soon.

That brat. Looks like Cirno is going to need some rape tough love to learn her lesson.
>> No. 90505
[X] Teaching Technology (Explaining technology and how to use it)
[X] Meiling
>> No. 90506
[X] Teaching Technology (Explaining technology and how to use it)
[X] Meiling
>> No. 90507
Oh, yeah, forgot to say. Glad to see this back, Desu!
>> No. 90519
[X] Teaching Technology (Explaining technology and how to use it)
[X] Meiling

WB, AD.
>> No. 90526
>>90524
Agreed, what the hell is this?

>"The smartest people I know are the ones who admit that they still have much to learn and keep working to do so. So lets work hard so you can show the red-and-white and black-and-white just what you are capable of."
>“The people who keep striving to know more, to be faster, to be stronger, the people who won't keep trying to improve for as long as they live.” “People who settle into one place and refuse to imrprove... those are the people we call 'idiots'”

That's a complete 180 from a positive tone to a negative one. The original was carefully written to avoid being too harsh and unintentionally insulting her. Why were we asked to directly write-in a response to her if it was going to be changed like this? What did we just vote for?
>> No. 90528
>>90526
This is just a guess, but I wonder if perhaps the problem was just that, that it was positive and non-offensive. Why would that be a problem?

Well, what if, regardless of how positive and well-meaning the offer was, the angle at which it attempted to appeal to Cirno was the completely wrong one to go about convincing her to agree to the lessons? She already believes she's the smartest and strongest, and if anyone doesn't acknowledge that then it's clearly a failing on their part rather than on her.

You're basically offering her a present that she in no way wants or is inclined to accept, but you're offering it in such a way that no one could possibly refuse it. So, what are your choices? Shift everything to make it so she WILL accept it, regardless of how much it might go against how things were planned out and are meant to go? Make her refuse it regardless, even if it means having her act in such an assholish way that it's completely against the character? Or do you simply change the way the present is offered slightly, so that there's room for the character to refuse it like they're meant to in a natural, in-character way?

Like I said, though, this is purely speculation on my part, and I could be horribly, horribly wrong.
>> No. 90529
Considering that AD ended the post with "THERE" I think he was probably annoyed with people pestering him to update, so he intentionally turned the post somewhat negative for vindictive purposes.
>> No. 90531
>>90528
>You're basically offering her a present that she in no way wants or is inclined to accept, but you're offering it in such a way that no one could possibly refuse it.
It can't be both. You're contradicting yourself. Why couldn't she find some excuse to refuse the offer, if she's so uninterested with it? Anon can be silver-tongued at times, but you're acting like we enchanted her or held a gun to her head.
>> No. 90534
[ ] Teaching Socials
[ ] Hina

I've been thinking...the best way to teach social to the girls would probably involve watching the news. While there is a lot of bad stuff on it, it would be a great source of opportunity to teach various things. Let's just hope the tv is a LG Time Machine.

And we definetly need to have them watch the World's Most Amazing Videos.
>> No. 90538
>Considering that AD ended the post with "THERE" I think he was probably annoyed with people pestering him to update, so he intentionally turned the post somewhat negative for vindictive purposes.

I would wager the same, which is a damn shame. He would not be pestered so much, though, if he had not disappeared for over a month; for that matter, if he actually announced this absence he would likely receive less pestering.
>> No. 90540
>>90529
Actually, the 'THERE' was mostly for the RIC people who were bugging me at the time.

As to the sudden 180, >>90528 was more or less right. Though we often forget due to her childish existance Cirno is actually arrogant to an extreme which pretty much surpasses *everyone* else in gensokyo. Those we usually consider arrogant (Kaguya, Yukari, etc) actually have the power to back up their claims - Cirno doesn't and is generally understood to still claim to be the strongest despite *overwhelming* proof otherwise.

Frankly i could have written it exactly as stated, and Cirno would still be likely to take it as an implication that she's an idiot. The majority of the write-in was pretty fine, but the last line 'so you can show the red-and-white and black-and-white just what you are capable of.' is rather silly, as Cirno already believes herself to be more capable than both (she's deluding herself, we all know it) so she'd have likely taken the implication that she has anything to prove to them as an insult.

I just figured, "screw it, if the result is going to be the same anyway, i may as well go for a more dramatic sounding line to do it with."

...

Alright, fine, yes I was irritated at the time too. Bah.

Writing for Tech/Meiling.
>> No. 90541
>>90540
>Actually, the 'THERE' was mostly for the RIC people who were bugging me at the time.
Oh, thanks, AD. Now they're going to blame us for this, too.
Granted, I'm not sure what "this" is, but they're going to blame us for this.
>> No. 90543
>>90541
In the words of many throughout history...
"Better you than me."
>> No. 90555
...now update Touhu Persona too.
>> No. 90562
Well at least we know how deep of a megalomaniac this Cirno is now. Personally I'm not going to vote to offer her any more lessons until she comes and actually asks for them.
>> No. 90569
>>90555

Stop. I don't want Angry Desu to get .. well .. angry for posts like that.
>> No. 90570
File 124771001811.jpg - (131.32KB , 539x791 , shhh-shes-sleeping.jpg ) [iqdb]
90570
It was a good thing you had ensured everyone had a mobile phone of their own as, frankly, you had no idea where Meiling had gone. When you had returned to the house, with a little help from Hina, and your shins had stopped throbbing you had performed a quick search. Since that had turned up nothing you had tried giving Meiling a call and were happily surprised to have her answer after only a few rings.

“H'lo?” She said, her voice overly breathy and a little hard to make out properly given how it was further garbled by the phones themselves. “Who's there?”

“Miss Meiling?” You reply, “I'm just calling because I couldn't find you anywhere...”

“Ah.” You hear a faint scrabbling sound in the background, “I'll be over in a...” Meiling trails off into silence for a few moments. “a.... a minute, or two. Three maybe.” There's the sound of something falling over, followed by a few muttered curses from the chinese youkai on the other end of the phone. “Ugh... four minutes?” she asks hopefully, causing you to sigh.

“Fine.” You mutter, “Just don't take too long, I have some things I want to show you.”

“Oh?” Comes Meiling's reply. “Things is it? Well, why didn't you say so!” You frown at that, the perverted subtext in her statement obvious even to you. Strange, you hadn't expected Meiling to be the kind to make such comments... maybe she was bolder over the phone? It was possible you supposed.

“So, miss Hina,” you ask, turning to the woman who was still in the kitchen where you had ended up. “Would you like some tea?”



By the time Meiling actually appeared you had finished your tea with Hina and had already gone and pre-prepared everything you had wanted to teach. Honestly you were a little annoyed at how long Meiling had taken, but you didn't want to say anything to her because you knew that none of the girls had likely had any particular need to keep to any serious schedule before. Well, that and you weren't stupid enough to try potentially pissing off someone who could likely rip you limb from limb.

“Heeeeeey,” The chinese girl drawled as she slipped into the study with you. “What're you doing?” You turn to face her, then look away quickly at the sight of her partially unbuttoned shirt. Whatever she'd been doing she had undone the top few buttons of her shirt, enough that you could see more than a generous helping of breast and just about make out the lacy edges of whatever bra she wore. “Hmmm, is you alright?” She murmured from a spot distressingly close to your ear. “You're all red.”

Clearing your throat, and taking a step away from Meiling, you do your best to force your blush down with some moderate success. “Yes, well, anyway. I was going to give you some instruction on common technology that I feel some of you should be familiar with.”

“Some of me?” Meiling moans, “Why not all of me?” You turn then and hiss as you catch sight of the red-head running her hands down her body in order to straighten out her clothes. In actuality all it does is make her look like some kind of front page model. Ordinarily the motion wouldn't have been much to take note of but given her already rumpled look... screw the front page, right now she looks like she should be right in the centerfold position.

“Ugh... Miss Meiling,” you mutter, shifting slightly to cover increasingly incriminating biology, “Shouldn't you do your shirt up? You're looking like... um... like the playmate of the year or something.”

The woman pauses, then frowns slightly. “Playmate?” She murmurs, “Hm? What are we playing?”

“Er, nevermind.” You stutter, waving your hands to distract her. “Just... just do your shirt up will you? I'll explain it later!” or, you thought, hopefully never.

Meiling giggles, a clear and light sound like some kind of cheery windchime. “Okay, okay,” Looking up at you, she gives a little smile. “Could you help me do it?” At whatever look crossed your face then, horror possibly, she giggled again. “I'm just joking~”



You stiffened, almost ram-rod straight, as Meiling leans up against you. “Is this right?” She murmurs, sliding the page of diagrams she had been working on in front of you. Glancing over them you check her answers against your knowledge and nod stiffly. Admittedly her handwriting seemed all over the place, but most of the answers were right.

“These are correct.” You state, your voice slightly strained, as you lift your arm up to point out the ones she got right. Whatever was up with Meiling you were pretty sure that this was not normal behavior for her. Doing your best to ignore the fact that her breasts were pressing up against your arm, you carefully go through the wrong answers - until a yawn from Meiling interrupts you and finally prompts you to ask the question that had been preying on your mind for this past time. “Er... Miss Meiling? Are you, um, are you alright?” You turn your head and recoil as you find her own mere inches away. She smells of spices, of lemongrass, but also faintly of dirt and smoke and... something else. Something annoyingly familiar which sends faint alarm bells off in your head - though you can't seem to figure out why. The girl yawns again, giving you a more than slightly disturbing view of her mouth, her overly pointed tongue, and of course the rows of teeth the likes of which you would expect to see in the skull of a wild animal instead of in the mouth of a pretty, if strange, woman. Closing her mouth Meiling smacks her lips a few times, then peers owlishly at you.

“hmmm...” She sniffs at the air, “You smell tasty.” she murmurs, and you immediately identify the not-entirely-conscious speech of someone who was well on their way to sleep. Her eyelids were drooping and her skin had taken on rather flushed tone.

“You, uh, wouldn't eat me though - right?” You ask, the image of her sharp teeth fresh in your mind.

She seems to smile slightly, “Maybe...” she whispers, her head drooping forwards, “Jus' a lil' taste... mmm... or no'... th' mis'ress w'n like it....”

You blink in surprise at that last line. “What?” you ask, then jump slightly as Meiling's arms seem to snake around you for support. “Miss Meiling? Miss Meiling!” you complain.

But all that answers you is a gentle snore from the red-headed youkai girl.



A very strong youkai girl in fact. Strong enough that you couldn't seem to budge her arms from where they circled your waist and one arm. So there you were, a beautiful girl sleeping all but right atop you in an unbreakable embrace and all you had was one free arm.

You honestly weren't entirely sure if this was a good or a bad situation...


[ ] Plan of Action
>> No. 90573
Thank you once again for updating! Pervy and out of it Meiling is awesome... and it's also quite interesting how you're playing up her youkai nature, as opposed to others who basically have her as a human with regeneration and ki manipulation.

As for what to do...

[X] Firstly, don't panic. She's out of it for whatever reason, but it's not like she'll actually take a bite out of you... right?
[X] Hug her briefly and chastely. Prepare to blurt out "it's not like what it looks like!" if anyone comes in.
[X] Try to slowly break her grip, either through more wiggling or by manually attempting to pull her fingers away from your body.
[X] Failing that, tickle her.
[X] If she's not ticklish, then try talking to her. Sorta like hypnosis... Who knows if that works, though.

Not exactly the best plan, so expect this post to be deleted whenever a better plan is posted.
>> No. 90574
>>90573

You are fucked retarded, sir.

[!/] Use the speed dial function on your cellphone.

It's generally a "hold down # button" to speed dial. Also, I suppose we cannot check to see which button we want/can press.
>> No. 90576
[X] Relax. Clam down, first. You won't get out of this by panicking.
[X] Heck, close your eyes, why don't you? It'll distract you from all that skin. Yeah.
[X] Warm, too, but there isn't much you can do about that. Like a blanket, warm.
[X] Oh, wait, crap, now you're sort of stressing out again. Okay, relax. Relax. Calm down. Calm...relax. Relax. Relax. Relax.
[X] Relax.
[X] ...
[X] ...
[X] ...
[X] ...
[X] ...
[X] ...zzz...
>> No. 90577
File 124771655760.jpg - (114.32KB , 538x760 , See You Next Phantasm.jpg ) [iqdb]
90577
>>90576

You, sir, I like.

[X] Relax. Clam down, first. You won't get out of this by panicking.
[X] Heck, close your eyes, why don't you? It'll distract you from all that skin. Yeah.
[X] Warm, too, but there isn't much you can do about that. Like a blanket, warm.
[X] Oh, wait, crap, now you're sort of stressing out again. Okay, relax. Relax. Calm down. Calm...relax. Relax. Relax. Relax.
[X] Relax.
[X] ...
[X] ...
[X] ...
[X] ...
[X] ...
[X] ...zzz...

As delicious as Hina is, and as much as I'd like to melt Ran's icy heart until she loves us, I do find myself drawn to Meiling. Plus, if we go ahead and take care of her route now, that's less competition if we ever get another playthrough and another chance at Letty.

Letty~.
>> No. 90578
[ ] Focus on the scent that made alarm bells go off in your head. There's a REASON it worried you.

In b4 Meiling smokes 'strange meat'.
>> No. 90581
[X] Relax. Clam down, first. You won't get out of this by panicking.
[X] Heck, close your eyes, why don't you? It'll distract you from all that skin. Yeah.
[X] Warm, too, but there isn't much you can do about that. Like a blanket, warm.
[X] Oh, wait, crap, now you're sort of stressing out again. Okay, relax. Relax. Calm down. Calm...relax. Relax. Relax. Relax.
[X] Relax.
[X] ...
[X] ...
[X] ...
[X] ...
[X] ...
[X] ...zzz...
>> No. 90582
So there you were, a beautiful girl sleeping all but right atop you in an unbreakable embrace and all you had was one free arm.

we only need one hand to do what would 'come' naturally in this situation.

more seriously:
[X]try: putting her to bed.
[X]try: wait until someone comes. Explain you can't move, and ask for help getting her to be
[X]throw: fuck it. nappy time.
>> No. 90583
[x] An exposed, incredibly attractive girl is lying on top of you. GREAT SUCCESS. Run your hands all over her and a failed attempt to push her off. Savor every moment of feeling her soft skin and finely toned muscles which are but putty to your touch.
[x] Feel that tingle? The one that's not in your pants? Focus on that. See what you can do with it.
>> No. 90586
>>90574

I probably am.

Thank you once again for updating! Pervy and out of it Meiling is awesome... and it's also quite interesting how you're playing up her youkai nature, as opposed to others who basically have her as a human with regeneration and ki manipulation.

As for what to do...

[X] Relax. Clam down, first. You won't get out of this by panicking.
[X] Heck, close your eyes, why don't you? It'll distract you from all that skin. Yeah.
[X] Warm, too, but there isn't much you can do about that. Like a blanket, warm.
[X] Focus on the scent that made alarm bells go off in your head. There's a REASON it worried you.
[X] Oh, wait, crap, now you're sort of stressing out again. Okay, relax. Relax. Calm down. Calm...relax. Relax. Relax. Relax.
[X] Relax.
[X] ...
[X] ...
[X] ...
[X] ...
[X] ...
[X] ...zzz...
>> No. 90587
[X] Relax. Don't do it.
[X] When you want to go to it.
[X] RELAX! DON'T DO IT!
[X] When you want to come...


[X] Relax. Clam down, first. You won't get out of this by panicking.
[X] Heck, close your eyes, why don't you? It'll distract you from all that skin. Yeah.
[X] Warm, too, but there isn't much you can do about that. Like a blanket, warm.
[X] Focus on the scent that made alarm bells go off in your head. There's a REASON it worried you.
[X] Oh, wait, crap, now you're sort of stressing out again. Okay, relax. Relax. Calm down. Calm...relax. Relax. Relax. Relax.
[X] Relax.
[X] ...
[X] ...
[X] ...
[X] ...
[X] ...
[X] ...zzz...
>> No. 90593
[X] Relax. Clam down, first. You won't get out of this by panicking.
[X] Heck, close your eyes, why don't you? It'll distract you from all that skin. Yeah.
[X] Warm, too, but there isn't much you can do about that. Like a blanket, warm.
[X] Focus on the scent that made alarm bells go off in your head. There's a REASON it worried you.
[X] Oh, wait, crap, now you're sort of stressing out again. Okay, relax. Relax. Calm down. Calm...relax. Relax. Relax. Relax.
[X] Relax.
[X] ...
[X] ...
[X] ...
[X] ...
[X] ...
[X] ...zzz...

Weed makes youkai horny.
I learn something new every day.
>> No. 90601
[X] Relax. Clam down, first. You won't get out of this by panicking.
[X] Heck, close your eyes, why don't you? It'll distract you from all that skin. Yeah.
[X] Warm, too, but there isn't much you can do about that. Like a blanket, warm.
[X] Oh, wait, crap, now you're sort of stressing out again. Okay, relax. Relax. Calm down. Calm...relax. Relax. Relax. Relax.
[X] Relax.
[X] ...
[X] ...
[X] ...
[X] ...
[X] ...
[X] ...zzz...
>> No. 90607
>>90593
I dunno about you, but weed makes every user I've ever met a little horny.

[X] Relax. Clam down, first. You won't get out of this by panicking.
[X] Heck, close your eyes, why don't you? It'll distract you from all that skin. Yeah.
[X] Warm, too, but there isn't much you can do about that. Like a blanket, warm.
[X] Oh, wait, crap, now you're sort of stressing out again. Okay, relax. Relax. Calm down. Calm...relax. Relax. Relax. Relax.
[X] Relax.
[X] ...
[X] ...
[X] ...
[X] ...
[X] ...
[X] ...zzz...
>> No. 90614
>>90607
Weed enhances the "fun" of sex but not really the pleasure. Its actually sort of harder to climax as a guy with it, so you just keep going (which I suppose is ideal for the girl if the guy is high.) Not sure how it affects the ladies though.