[Return]
Archived Thread

File 124023255091.png - (574.26KB , 1219x334 , TouhouEveryone.png ) [iqdb]
84799 No. 84799
Hello. I’ve been reading this site for two months, posting anonymously and hanging around the IRC. However, it seems like I failed in my ability to resist starting my own until summer, so…

For now, I’m thinking of having voting be majority wins at whatever time I call the votes, though I’m unsure as to how frequently I will update. This may change at a later time. Write-ins are, of course, gladly accepted, and may sometimes become compulsory depending on how lazy I am.

As a note, I will give out the option to switch characters as we go through the CYOA. The option will be given explicitly, though sometimes it may become an involuntary switch depending on how things go.

If anyone would like to offer up a proper title for this, please go ahead and toss it out there. If I like it enough, or enough people pester me to adopt it, I will adopt it for the CYOA. Or I’ll just try to be creative enough later on to make it up myself.

Feel free to critique, comment, praise, and vote! Though my writing may be substandard, I do hope I can improve with your guidance.

For those curious, the original picture is here: http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/87193/absolutely_everyone-alice_margatroid-alice_margatr

S-so, with that done… Remember that it’s my fi-first time and… well… be gentle, okay?

------------


Amaterasu shone brightly on the colorful land of Gensokyo, bathing all within her divine and nurturing radiance – that is, unless you happened to be one of the many youkai that are weakened by the very source of all life. Thankfully, the majority of the youkai in that latter category are your opponents this time around – those horrid vampires, who all suddenly started to attack the human village en masse. You remember the fires that spread through the village, which you vaguely remember that teacher saying doesn’t make sense… Regardless, the humans have suffered enough, and now, of all times, is the perfect time for payback. So you fly through the forest, glancing over to the side at your fellow companion – the blond haired witch flying on a broom. Reminds of your time riding Genjii, but thanks to that injury, for the past month you struggled t-

Out from the forest comes a very wide beam! You stop just in time to avoid being blasted and you wave your staff around to bring the orbs of interwoven duality to a ready. Looking down you spot the familiar flower youkai with long green hair and a red dress. She curses, glancing up at you, and tells you to not get in her way. Words are exchanged, and though your companion is a hair trigger’s breadth away from fighting, you negotiate a temporary truce – it appears that the youkai’s mansion was burned down. You head off together, following the trail of flare-like danmaku left behind by the blue-haired teacher and her white-haired, pants-wearing (what kind of girl wears pants, anyways?) friend.

The forest ahead does not look very inviting, as it all seems to be on fire. Quickly moving past it, you spot what might be a battalion of vampires, fairies, and youkai all rising from the forest canopy. Soon shots are fired, and all three of you quickly begin to dodge out of the way. Left, right, up, down, focus, focus, focus, NOW! As if on cue, three roaring blasts of magical energy rip through them and you send an enormous orb out in front of you to clear a path. Most are taken out, but then you notice a battle on the ground. The teacher, the pants woman, and three others are there: the green-haired, blue clad ghost that haunted the shrine for as long as you could remember; the tiny girl in blue suspenders carrying a grimoire, and the erhu playing, blond village nurse clad in white and red, though in western-style clothes. You shout up to the other two, and head on down to view their opponent. Blasts of magic rip through the air, making your ears ring horribly.

Upon reaching the ground, you spot their opponent coming through the firey smoke, holding an umbrella. Wearing an elegant purple dress with white elbow-length gloves, she steps out, laughing a grandiose laugh that grates on your ears far more than the sound of battle. Nervous chanting can be heard from the ghost and the young witch as they prepare yet another spell, while the white-haired woman lunges forward, aiming at fiery punch – followed by a similarly fiery kick – at the woman. But a single swing of her umbrella sends her flying. Now you can see her wavy blond hair, ribbon tied around her neck and purple eyes staring out at you. You take a step back, attempting to gather your courage. Something seems just s-
………………

I wake up, my eyes staring at the wooden ceiling as it has for the last decade of my life. Though I don’t wish to get up, not for many more hours, the sun is shining through the window and the birds are chirping peacefully. Yet another day… but I don’t want to get up. I sigh and strain to do so, stepping out to let my nude form take in the surprisingly cool air – I would have expected it to be warm by now, considering the terrible insulation of this shrine. Ah well. I fold everything up, put it away, and get dressed. I whisper a small prayer for…. Something….

Groggily, I make my way toward the kitchen, nearly stepping on the oni companion of mine. She passed out in the doorway again. I gather up my food, gather up some wood from a stockpile in the corner, and light up the closed up stove. Have to boil the rice, have to boil the vegetables, wouldn’t be a proper breakfast without anything.

“’Ey, Reim…. Ya cookin’ somethin’ nice?”

So the oni says as she wakes up. Suika can be such a pain, but at least she’s useful with hard labor – when she’s not drunk enough. I serve our plates and we chat a small bit, mainly centering about how much her head hurts and how good my food is. Glad to see I get some praise on that – Marisa likes to look for something to complain about almost every time she visits.

When we finish, I decide to…
[ ] Go somewhere (specify)
[ ] Meet someone (specify)
[ ] Accomplish a task (specify), like….
- [ ] Go shopping for something (specify)
- [ ] Solicit donations
- [ ] Try to gather up some faith – we still haven’t recovered that well since the Moriya Shrine showed up...
- [ ] “Exterminate” some youkai (specify who or where)
- [ ] Something else
[ ] (Write in)

>> No. 84800
[ ] Try to gather up some faith – we still haven’t recovered that well since the Moriya Shrine showed up...
---[X]By exterminating some youkai. Start with the Forest of Magic, then go to the Youkai Forest, and then go to SDM for last.
>> No. 84801
[x] Try to gather up some faith – we still haven’t recovered that well since the Moriya Shrine showed up...
[x] Go to the village center and have Mima hold an orange on her head while you aim with a few kitchen knives. You could make a little money while she hands out small miracles.

A little less on-to-the-next-scene! will go a long way. Literally.
>> No. 84803
[x] Make a sightseeing tour around Gensokyo. Start with the human village.
- [x] Try to gather up some faith – we still haven’t recovered that well since the Moriya Shrine showed up...
- [x] Solicit donations
>> No. 84809
[x] Try to gather up some faith – we still haven’t recovered that well since the Moriya Shrine showed up...
[x] Go to the village center and have Mima hold an orange on her head while you aim with a few kitchen knives. You could make a little money while she hands out small miracles.
>> No. 84863
File 124027004430.png - (49.94KB , 200x256 , satsuki_rin.png ) [iqdb]
84863
>erhu playing, blond village nurse
Do want Rin Satsuki.

[x] Try to gather up some faith – we still haven’t recovered that well since the Moriya Shrine showed up...
[x] Go to the village center and have Mima hold an orange on her head while you aim with a few kitchen knives. You could make a little money while she hands out small miracles.
>> No. 84867
File 124027140363.jpg - (158.60KB , 850x1102 , sample-628ef05778357c15d224c8a13bf4ee7d[1].jpg ) [iqdb]
84867
When we finish breakfast, I decide to actually get out there and accomplish something worthy of my attention today; I think I’ll go try to restore the faith in the shrine and in the Hakurei goddess – to think that in but a very short month that blasted Moriya shrine singlehandedly outstripped ours, which has been maintained through the ages and instrumental in resolving every disaster that has come! Grr…. I mean, yeah, I managed to keep them from encroaching even more on our territory, but we still lost quite a lot of worshippers and the very low rate of donations fell even further. Pft.

But how to do it, however…. Hmmm….

“Hey, Suika?”

“Yeah?” She looks up from her plate, casually pour alcohol onto her white rice from her gourd of eternal sake.

“I’m gonna head on out to the village to get some faith.”

“Tha’z nice.”

“Do you have an idea how?”

“Uhh…. How about ya do drinks?”

“… Huh?”

“I meant tricks!” she exclaims, “Like, miracles an’ stuff. Could get ya money, too”

“I guess that could work….” I stand up, having finished my meal, and go place it in a small tub full of water. I’ll wash it all out later, like tonight. I’ve got plenty of clean ones, anyways. I head on out to, well, take care of my hygiene and other, ah, needs. While relieving myself, a thought came across my head. Sakuya’s pretty good with knives, and sometimes she impresses people at festivals with them. Hmmm! After finishing up and bathing - gotta love having some friggin’ hot springs in my own backyard! - and brushing my teeth, I put on my miko uniform, grab some stuff, and then I head back to the kitchen. I go to the counter and grab the set of kitchen knives that Alice gifted me a few years back. I grab the biggest, the smallest, and the most normal ones – they should be enough, right? But who to do it with….

Oh!

Mima!

I call out for her,“hey, Mima, you around?”

Suika jumps up with a start when I call out. “Ugh! Don’t make my head hurt even more!” She looks has an equal mix of fear and anger in her demeanor just now.

“Sorry,” I say, and I walk around the shrine to find this Mima. I call out for her, but no answer. I then take a moment to concentrate and focus on seeing through my magic, to see if perhaps she’s invisible… Nope! Maybe she lives in the village. And so I fly off to the village. Doesn’t take me too long to see the various fields surrounding the village which are mostly off-limits to the youkai. After all, it’s not like a youkai can safely destroy all the crops and not risk a famine….

I land at the edge of the village and look around. No one there looks like a Mima, so I call out. A few times. No answer. I shrug and head to the center, I’m sure I can find someone who still owes me a favor. And so I head down the various winding streets and find the center of the village. Man, it’s grown quite a bit…

I find an elderly merchant woman selling mandarin oranges, and I buy a few. I remove the skin on one of them and eat it as I walk around. I soon spot an odd sight: the long silver and blue haired schoolmistress walking around without a care in the world, and it isn’t even a weekend!

----------

I've been writing this in the past hour, and I still haven't gotten to the point where I would cut off with a decision. So I'll continue this tonight or tomorrow. Or maybe a vote for something to happen?
>> No. 84963
File 12403026209.png - (120.35KB , 341x561 , Keine.png ) [iqdb]
84963
Original picture picture: http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/435274/hat-kamishirasawa_keine-long_hair-silver_hair-touh

---------------------

Keine spotted me and walked over, as if she had some business with me. “Ah, good afternoon miss Hakurei!”

“Just call me Reimu.”

“Very well, miss Reimu.”

My palm met my face. Thankfully it was not the hand holding the various kitchen knives. I quickly recovered, saying “hey, what’re you doing out on a weekday?”

“Just decided to take the day off.”

“That’s so unlike you.”

“Well, I do need to rest, you know. I’m not a golem, you know.”

“True…”

“And what have you come here for, miss Reimu?”

“Well, I’m sorta running low on cash, and the whole faith issue, what with the entire basis of Gensokyo’s-“

“Existence, yes, I know.” She smiles kindly to me, “but what about the oranges in your mini-donation box?”

“Snacks. A shrine maiden’s gotta eat, you know.”

“Ah… right. And the knives?”

“Gotta perform miracles to get people’s faith.”

“Ahhh….” She blinks, not quite comprehending.

“Hey, do you if a Mima lives around here?”

Keine’s cheek twitched at the name. Maybe she doesn’t get along with her…?

She shakes her head, silvery blue hair waving in turn. “N-no, I can’t say that I do… Why do you ask?”

“Thought I knew someone of that name.”

“It’s probably something you heard in a story when you were a kid,” she remarks.

“Oh, darn. Guess I’ll need another person to hold these oranges on their head,” I say, grinning at the other. She takes a step away, looking quite shocked at the prospect.

“I don’t think that’s quite safe…”

“Nonsense! I’m the best shot in Gensokyo!”

“I thought that was Marisa.”

“Pft. She’s faster, but not more accurate.”

“Ahhhh,” Keine remarks, looking a bit disturbed. She was probably flashbacking to the weird night with the moon aliens. I chuckled.

“Well, if you’re not going to volunteer, I’m gonna search for this Mima.” That seemed to snap her out of it. I laughed, reaching an arm around her and bringing her away to the side of the street, out of the range of most anyone’s hearing. I then whisper to her, “you know…”

“What…?”

“You still owe me from that night, when you didn’t recognize me.”

…..

“COME ONE, COME ALL!” I exclaim out in the central market of the city, where the most people could see me. “COME AND SEE THE AMAZING HAKUREI MAIDEN!” I stop, taking a swig of my waterskin. I just can’t shout so loudly for so long. I point up to the sky like that eel chick. That seemed to get quite a lot of attention. Don’t get why… S’not like they’re not already used to my detached sleeves. “Since the lot of you are not spending the time coming to the shrine and praying for good fortune and donating, I decided to come to you! As such, I’m going to remind all of you just how importantly our shrine should be taken! With the assistance of the ~lovely~ miss Keine, of course!” I motion toward her, and she just stands there, nervous. I grin at her while a few women give out catcalls. A few children are staring at her. I give her a wink, and Keine removes her hat, revealing a mandarin orange underneath. There is laughter in the audience. She seems quite embarrassed, but that’ll teach her to attack me when we have the same goal!

She is up against a wall, hands placed straight at her side. The poor teacher is shaking a bit nervously. I grin, pulling the kitchen knives between my fingers, sticking them outward, as if I were like the dog of the devil herself. I pose briefly, before taking out the smallest knife. “First, a warm up!” I motion for silence, and all conversation dies down. I place myself in position, and bring the knife back. I motion forward, then back, then forward again… And when I release the knife, Keine shuts her eyes in fear. The knife, of course, flies straight and hits the orange! Some of the audience claps in appreciation for me. Then I do the same with the bigger knives, and they all hit different parts of the orange, thankfully not hitting each other nor the teacher. I wouldn’t be a good miko if I ended up cutting her, would I?

The orange is replaced and the knives are back in my hand. I ask for a volunteer to put on a blindfold and point me in Keine’s direction. Keine takes a few breaths as the blindfold is put on, and I think she began to prepare danmaku in case if the dagger flew toward her. I fired three times, and the oranges were hit each time. Much more applause from the audience this time around. Not too shabby, I’d say, especially with the clinking of coins being tossed into my donation box.

I do the same thing when I turn away from her without a blindfold. I mimic the same throwing potion as throwing forward, but I let go when the knife flies back. I mentally recite a prayer for success. I turn around, and thankfully the knife became embedded in the wall, cutting off just a bit of Keine’s hair. I laugh it off before the crowd turns against me. “They can’t all be perfect! Ahahahah!” I quickly turn back, clap my hands together for a prayer, and then toss the knife. Turning around to the sound of cheers, I see that I managed to hit the target! I jump for joy, unable to contain my excitement!

“And now, for my final trick… I shall launch all three at once!”


Keine’s jaw drops, and she looks like she’s about to faint. I give her an apologetic smile while walking over to retrieve the two knives. “Just one more, ‘kay? Then we’re done. How about some tea tonight to celebrate?”

Keine takes a deep breath, her chest rising as her lungs fill up with air. She steels herself. I grin and move back to my spot ten paces away. I take a breath, and mutter out another prayer, yet I’m hardly able to contain my excitement. I turn away from Keine, adjusting the knives in my grip so they’ll look cool – sticking out like Sakuya’s. Then I quickly turn and toss the knives, not bothering with the tension build-up.

The knives fly quickly – toward Keine’s face! I quickly hold my hand out to her, chanting out a magical prayer toformabarrierbutI’mtooslo-

And all of the sudden the knives stop, just mere inches from Keine’s face, being held by a certain, silver-haired maid’s gloved hands

“Tsk. You should be more careful,” Sakuya says, holding the knives and glancing at them. She doesn’t seem impressed by their quality. She is of course wearing her typical blue and white maid uniform – completely with that frilly headdress – and has a basket of groceries in her other arm, holding it against her side. Must’ve been shopping, I guess.

Keine seems to have fainted, falling onto the ground, back still against the wall.

What now?

[ ] “They would’ve just barely avoided hitting her if you hadn’t interfered!”
[ ] “Oh great, now I have to take care of her until she wakes up.”
[ ] “See? The powers of the Hakurei goddess are so great that she made it seem like an accident waiting to happen!”
[ ] “So what? Wanna help me choose some tea with the new donations?”
[ ] “Eh.”
>> No. 84966
[X] "Nice Assist."
>> No. 84967
[x] Giggle "Well it certainly seems I have to work a bit more on regaining my faith... starting with you"
[x] Smile and lie like a pro "You really don't think I'd pull such a stunt if I was some faithless fool chucking knives randomly, did you? I assure you, she would have been okay, but now she's out cold because you scared her like that. Really, what a bother. What am I going to do? Hm?"
>> No. 84976
[x] Giggle "Well it certainly seems I have to work a bit more on regaining my faith... starting with you"
[x] Smile and lie like a pro "You really don't think I'd pull such a stunt if I was some faithless fool chucking knives randomly, did you? I assure you, she would have been okay, but now she's out cold because you scared her like that. Really, what a bother. What am I going to do? Hm?"
>> No. 84977
[x] Giggle "Well it certainly seems I have to work a bit more on regaining my faith... starting with you"
[x] Smile and lie like a pro "You really don't think I'd pull such a stunt if I was some faithless fool chucking knives randomly, did you? I assure you, she would have been okay, but now she's out cold because you scared her like that. Really, what a bother. What am I going to do? Hm?"
>> No. 85019
I'll try to update sometime Friday. The middle of the week is always busiest for me.

In the meanwhile, if you haven't voted yet, feel free to do so!
>> No. 85094
File 124064926243.jpg - (418.82KB , 570x807 , 6d096685e19a8e30cf53c7010d9b1f33[1].jpg ) [iqdb]
85094
Hey, while I was off in the fields picking some plotton, some of the others with me handed me this drink. Uso Juice or something like that? Weird brand. Took a sip. Tastes kinda good

Picture source: http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/443182/braid-izayoi_sakuya-maid-ribbon-short_hair-silver_

--------

I can’t help but giggle. "Well it certainly seems I have to work a bit more on regaining my faith... starting with you."

I smile, but she just blinks at me and walks over to hand me back my knives. I take them, gathering up my thoughts. I’m not usually up to lying, but this time I can certainly do it! Losing face at this critical point is unacceptable!

“You really don't think I'd pull such a stunt if I was some faithless fool chucking knives randomly, did you? I assure you, she would have been okay, but now she's out cold because you scared her like that. Really, what a bother. What am I going to do? Hm?"

Sakuya stares at me for a moment, but her lips curl into a knowing smile. Drat, did she right through me?!

“Very well, oh great Hakurei maiden,” she replies sarcastically, holding out the basket to me. I open my mouth to complain about it, but I take it while she goes to pick up Keine’s prone form. I place my knives into the donation bin, turning to the crowd with a smile.

“Show’s over folks! Thank you for your patronage and please be sure to visit the Hakurei shrine!” And with that, the crowd starts to dissipate.

“Where to now, Reimu?”

“Huh? Oh. To the village doctor’s!” I lead Sakuya to the old herbalist’s house, but it seems to be uncharacteristically empty. “Hey, anyone in here? We’ve got a fainted school teacher!”

… No response.

“Bah, the one time I actually wanted to go to the doctor’s!”

A soft sigh comes from Sakuya’s lips. “Where to now, then?”

“We could go to her home.”

“Lead on, then.”

“… I don’t know where it is,” I admit, closing the door as we walk away. Sakuya sighs once again, exasperated. I turn to look at her, and it seems like she’s not having any trouble at all carrying Keine piggyback style. “You sure look like you’re used to that.”

“Yes, well, it’s part of my…” she begins, but then her face stares out at me accusingly, “just what are you implying?”

“Nothing, nothing,” I reply back, lilting my voice. I slow my pace so I walk alongside her with a chuckle. I glance at her face and for the first time, I notice that she has bags under her eyes. “You alright?”

“I’m fine. Just a bit...” She yawns.

“Jeeze, just how badly is she working you?”

“I cannot say.”

“…”

Sigh. This silence is getting awkward, fast.

“… Oh! Hey, do you know if there’s, like, a Mima in Gensokyo?”

“Can’t say that I have. Why do you ask?”

“Because that name just popped into my head!” Why I can’t remember where I heard it?!

“How odd. That’s not quite like you, Reimu.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?!”

“You’re usually straightforward and honest and just… not that….” She struggles to find the word. “… creative? You’re just simple.”

“I feel like I’m being insulted.”

A sly smile. “You are.”

“Pft. Like I should care what a dog thinks!”

“Why did you come out here? You usually don’t.”

“Gathering faith.”

“Ah… And the lying was a front?”

“Isn’t it always?”

“You don’t usually lie.”

“Don’t usually have a reason to, y’know.”

“I suppose...”

Her stomach growls, and so does mine. Guess it is almost lunchtime…

Where to take Keine?
[ ] Shrine, maybe she can leave a donation when she wakes up. Plus, Suika can watch over her or something.
[ ] Akyuu’s house. The smartasses know each other, right?
[ ] This is too much trouble. Just dump ‘er.
[ ] Taking her to the Scarlet Devil Mansion would be hilarious. Remilia hasn’t visited in a while anyways, so might as well check up on her.
[ ] Make Sakuya ask someone where her house is.
What about Sakuya?
[ ] Invite her over to the shrine. Tea drinking buddy!
[ ] Let her leave when she wants.
Conversation topics beyond the above:
[ ] Input.
[ ] Stick an orange slice into Sakuya’s mouth. Not like she can resist. Eat some yourself.
[ ] … Did I just hear someone announce spri- oh geeze, not her again!
[ ] … Did I just hear someone tell me to take it ea- oh geeze, not them again!
[ ] Skip.
>> No. 85096
>announce spri-
>take it ea-
Oh geeze, not this shit again.

[x] Dump Keine; invite Sakuya over to the shrine, and offer her some oranges on the way.
>> No. 85097
[x] Akyuu’s house. The smartasses know each other, right?
[x] Invite her over to the shrine. Tea drinking buddy!
[x] Stick an orange slice into Sakuya’s mouth. Not like she can resist. Eat some yourself.

We really should look into putting a lock on that Lie Juice cabinet.
>> No. 85101
[x] This is too much trouble. Just dump ‘er.

[x] Invite her over to the shrine. Tea drinking buddy!
[x] Stick an orange slice into Sakuya’s mouth. Not like she can resist. Eat some yourself.
>> No. 85132
[x] Akyuu’s house. The smartasses know each other, right?
[x] Invite her over to the shrine. Tea drinking buddy!
[x] Stick an orange slice into Sakuya’s mouth. Not like she can resist. Eat some yourself.
>> No. 85134
Well, looks like the latter two options are unanimous, but the options of what to do with Keine are tied. If anyone would be so kind as to break the tie, it'd be appreciated!

>>85096
>Oh geeze, not this shit again.

What do you mean?

>>85097

But then some of the writers will go into withdrawal!
>> No. 85135
[x] This is too much trouble. Just dump ‘er.
[x] Invite her over to the shrine. Tea drinking buddy!
[x] Stick an orange slice into Sakuya’s mouth. Not like she can resist. Eat some yourself.
>> No. 85137
[x] Akyuu’s house. The smartasses know each other, right?
[x] Invite her over to the shrine. Tea drinking buddy!
[x] Stick an orange slice into Sakuya’s mouth. Not like she can resist. Eat some yourself.

I'm helping!
>> No. 85199
Now I need another tiebreaker! If I come back and it's still a tie for some reason, then I'll just choose whichever one is more convenient for me.
>> No. 85200
>>85199
already voted. throw a coin.
>> No. 85201
>>85199
You had it. The moment >>85135 posted, it should have ended. Next time, make sure you're only allowing the first vote to break a tie.
>> No. 85720
File 12412255266.jpg - (259.31KB , 600x900 , a731a83a521c79e0bfcad53c1f62b66e[1].jpg ) [iqdb]
85720
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/446074/apple-cat-cat_on_head-flower-food-fruit-gingko-hie

---

Despite our hunger, Sakuya and I continued to walk aimlessly among the various wooden buildings of Gensokyo, and after a few minutes I turned to the maid and spoke. “Let’s just leave her here.”

“What? No way, that would be very irresponsible of us,” Sakuya replied, glancing angrily at me, “Why don’t you just ask someone?”

“I would.”

“Then…?”

“Why don’t you?”

“I don’t know anyone, really.

“Exactly?”

“Huh?”

“Forget it.”

“Why won’t you ask someone, then? Surely you must know…” At this, I got annoyed, so I just pulled out of my last three oranges and sunk my nail into the skin, beginning to peel it off. I tossed a slice into my mouth and chewed, using this as an excuse to avoid answering. Then Sakuya glared at me briefly and opened her mouth to berate me more. What is she, my mother? I grab a slice and quickly stick it into her mouth. That shut her up. She just blushes and stops, chewing experimentally. What, did she think I cursed the slices? Then she comments: “These are tasty…”

“Yeah, they are. Want another?”

“Uhm…” She glances around, probably to put Keine down, but simply readjusts the woman. “… Yes.”

I smile, pulling off a slice and tossing it into my mouth. We begin to walk again, and I put another in her mouth. And we continue to walk… and suddenly an idea strikes me.

“I know who we could go to.”

“Yeah? Who?”

“The Hieda family.”

“Oh, them.”

“Yeah, them.” I direct Sakuya down one of the wider streets and we finally stop in front of the rather large house of the Hieda family. I lead Sakuya to the front door, then I speak up. “Excuse me! Is anyone here?” A door slides open and one of the brown-haired servants appears, bowing.

Then she speaks, “how can I help you?”

“Um. Yeah. Is Akyuu home?”

“Lady Akyuu Hieda happens to be. Please give me a moment.” She lifts up from her bow and heads off to fetch her. I turn to Sakuya with a smile. And then we just wait silently, while I just happily stuff a few slices into both our mouths. It’s fun seeing her blush.

And then Akyuu showed up. She looked the same as usual, with her short, almost shoulder-length hair and similarly colored eyes, skin as white as can be expected of a noble’s daughter… Her red skirt, similar looking to a regular miko’s shirt, with a green yukata for a shirt, and then a yellow flower-patterned coat… all of that’s making me a bit jealous.

“Hello, how may I help you, miss shrine maiden?”

I snapped out of my little… distraction… when she speaks. I look up at her. “Oh, hey, Akyuu. Keine fainted some while ago, and I was wondering if you knew her.”

“I am well acquainted with her.”

“Oh, good. So you wouldn’t mind taking her off our hands?”

Sakuya smiled at the prospect, and she nods. “Certainly. My servants will place her in the guest room while she rests.” She turns and calls out for a few servants. Sakuya walks to the house and turns around, allowing the others to take the teacher off her back.

“I am rather sorry to be such a burden…” Sakuya says, acting her formal self.

“It’s no problem at all!” Akyuu exclaims. “Say, miss Reimu…”

“Thanks,” I say, nodding to her question in interest.

“Won’t you come by tomorrow, at around this time, near the village marketplace? There is something that I need to research with you.”

I raise an eyebrow at this strange request. “Uh… sure. Thought you already published your manuscript, though.”

“Think of it as a side project.”

“’kay. See ya tomorrow, then.”

“Thank you very much,” Sakuya says once more, giving Akyuu a bow. Akyuu returns it.

“Have a nice day you two.”

“Yeah, bye.” I grab Sakuya by the arm and begin to fly. Sakuya takes a moment to orient herself and tugs away, flying after me.

“Reimu, I need my groceries.”

“Oh, these?” I say, holding them up as we pass by the various sloped roofs of all the structures in the human village. “I’ll hand ‘em over, but come have tea with me.”

“I would love to, but there are some things I have to-“

“Oh shush. You have nothing to do for the rest of the day and you know it. Remi’s asleep and you need to relax. You didn’t show up for the last couple of incidents, anyways…”

“I helped with the weather incident, didn’t I?”

“Yeah, and what about the Moriyas, or the underground spirits, or the treasure ship?”

“… I was busy,” she admits. “But still, I need to get back to work!”

“Just say I dragged you away from your duties. She won’t mind.”

“I… guess so.”

And so we flew off toward the shrine.

Conversation topics during tea drinking (skipping is mutually exclusive to the others; choose as many topics as you wish):
[ ] Write-in
[ ] Ask about how to improve shrine attendance
[ ] Ask about how things are going on in the SDM
[ ] Skip
Activities (choose as many as you feel is reasonable):
[X] Tea drinking!
[ ] Hot springs!
[ ] Play with Sakuya!
[ ] Play with Sakuya!
[ ] Paint the gates to the shrine!
[ ] Write-in
>> No. 85732
[x] Ask about how to improve shrine attendance
[x] Ask about how things are going on in the SDM
[x] Ask why a woman who can stop time would choose to serve the eternally childish; you understand duty and servitude, but you were born into your position.
[x] Ask her if she is a Lunarian.
[x] Ask her why she pads her breasts.

[x] Tea drinking!
[x] Hot springs!
[x] Play with Sakuya!
[x] Play with Sakuya!

This is great. Needs more voters, though.
>> No. 85751
[X] Ask about how things are going on in the SDM.
[X] Flirt shamelessly with her while you talk.

[X] Tea drinking!
[X] Hot springs!
[X] Play with Sakuya!

Delicious Sakuya.
>> No. 85758
[x] "So, anything new, lately?"

[x] Tea drinking!
[x] Hot springs!
[x] Play with Sakuya!
[x] "Play" with Sakuya!
>> No. 85794
[x] Ask for donations.

[x] Tea drinking!
[x] Hot springs!
[x] Play with Sakuya!
[x] Ask her why she feels smaller than how she looks with her clothes on.
>> No. 85840
Update will be sometime next weekend.

Looks like the winner for actions is going to be: tea drinking (plus lunch), hot springs, and playing with Sakuya, though not necessarily in that order. Any other questions or conversation topics can be added in by Friday. I'll try to include as many of them as I can.

Of course, I likely won't start writing until Friday, so votes about actions are welcome until I actually start writing.
>> No. 85842
>>85840

Hooray!
>> No. 86538
File 124246999381.jpg - (129.92KB , 440x600 , 440edbe1ed1091a9b2e52b70f7b87904.jpg ) [iqdb]
86538
Yeah, I suck. Sorry, school plus lack of inspiration. Also, I think I’ll be switching to the present tense. Any objections?

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/376100/

-----

Sakuya and I fly over the various crop fields as we left the Human Village. Gazing down, I see that the farmers are hard at work tending the fields, making sure that no weeds were growing. Kinda odd that they started planting this year’s crops months ago when it was still winter, though. Ah well, not my problem at all, long as everyone gets fed, I suppose… Continuing to look down at the ground, I notice that the farther the road gets past the border of safety for humans, the worse off the road gets. Maybe that’s why no one bothers…?

Nothing of interest comes into my sight, so I just close my eyes and let the cool wind flow past my face as we fly on in silence. I open my eyes when Sakuya calls out to me, pointing down at someone walking along the path. “Who’s that?”

“Oh, that’s just a yamabushi,” I say, and I explain when I notice Sakuya’s confused face, “They’re mountain ascetic hermits. They get special powers and stuff, sometimes. Not too many of them around, ‘cause youkai tend to eat them. I sometimes see her at the shrine, and I give her some food. Never bothered to ask her name, though…”

“Ahhh…” she says with a nod, “never met many travelers of that nature, not since coming to Gensokyo, anyways.”

Before we knew it, we arrived at the shrine. We land on the second topmost step and step through the torii. I glance over at Sakuya with a grin, and she glances back at me with a sigh. “Okay, fine…” She reaches into her pocket, digs around, and then pulls out a few coins. She just unceremoniously dumps the money into the donation box without even doing the proper procedure first… Whatever.

I smile to her, saying “thank you very much, dear guest!” She smiles in turn as I walk up to the donation box to dump the money from my show. It’s quite a lot for just one day, so perhaps this is the first step in our recovery. Or else… I grit my teeth at the thought of bowing down to Moriya for some faith. I’m a Hakurei, dammit, I don’t bow down to anyone to beg!

“Ahem.”

Oh, right, Sakuya’s still there. I smile to her and wave her into the shrine; she’s been here many times before, so this is routine, but still pretty fun. I lead her into the sitting room, and prepare everything for her comfortable stay. I head off to prepare the tea, and soon come with two steaming hot cups on a tray, with a kettle full of more hot tea. Maybe I should go to the outside world to get stuff, that way I don’t have to rack up even more debt at Kourin’s. I serve Sakuya and once again she thanks me. I make my spot across from her on my (low-lying) table and sip my tea.

“So, how have things been going on at the mansion?”

“As well as can be hoped for. Patchouli reads, Meiling guards, I clean, Marisa breaks in…”

I can’t help but giggle at that despite the warm tea in my mouth.

“Remilia… does Remilia things…. And Flandre stays in the basement. She misses you, you know.”

I swallow my tea, nodding. My mind conjures up the memories of the last time I played with her – not only did she nearly kill me, she almost bit me and tried to rip my clothes off… “It’s been a while since I came to play with her…”

“I wonder why,” she replies with an amused smirk.

“Does she still think we’re married?”

“Why don’t you ask her yourself?”

“It’d be too much work.”

“As usual. Speaking of work, what was with your little show in the town?”

“Hm? Didn’t I tell you once? Are you simply more beauty than brains?” I grin as Sakuya blushes and I continue on before she can say any more. “It was to help restore everyone’s faith in the Hakurei goddess, of course.”

“Of course. Still having troubles with the Moriya shrine?”

“They haven’t done anything overt since Marisa and I beat some sense into them, but….”

“But?”

“They still made a good impression. Lady Hakurei-” Sakuya stares at me for a moment. I pause to let her speak.

With a grin, Sakuya pulls knives out of nowhere (as usual) and points one at me. “Who are you and what have you done with Reimu?”

I giggle. “Oh stop that! Even I can have some respect for someone.”

Sakuya places the knife onto the wooden table and takes a sip, nodding.

“As I was saying… Lady Hakurei hasn’t manifested herself in this realm for….” I purse my lips, tapping them in thought. “… a long while. If no news wasn’t good news, I’d be worried, but still. Even though beating both Kanako and Suwako brought back a small amount of faith, it doesn’t change how much I, er, we lost.”

Sakuya nods, “Is that so?”

“Yeah. So… got any ideas as to how to, well, entice people to come over?”

“Well, for one…” Her eyes flit toward the outside. “You should work harder on maintaining the shrine. I noticed that the torii’s paint has been chipping, and the shrine area itself has shown some wear since we rebuilt it for you…”

“Uh… Right. But that’s not gonna help at all.” I take a sip and swallow. “In my time as a child, if I put in effort, I’ve never gotten what my effort would be worth. You don’t think I haven’t prettied up the shrine from time to time? It doesn’t matter if I do – they never come.” It would be a lie if I said there wasn’t some bitterness in my words. I’m usually laid back, but…

“Then perhaps you should make the path between the village and the shrine safer.”

“I did! I made all the youkai swear to only use danmaku to attack people on the path to the shrine!”

“Well, yes, but that doesn’t change the fact that most people don’t want to deal with danmaku…”

“Why not? I created the rules so even the lowliest human can challenge the strongest of youkai, so there should be no problem.”

Sakuya shakes her head, and we both raise our cups for a sip at the same time. Silence reigns for a brief moment. Then she speaks: “Reimu, not everyone’s as talented as you. It takes time to practice danmaku, and most humans… from what I can tell… don’t have the time to get good at danmaku.”

“Even if that may be… They can always outfly the youkai.”

A sigh escapes Sakuya’s lips. Am I missing something? “Flying, while not as complicated as danmaku and spellcards, still requires practice. Few of the peasants even know how to fly, much less fly well. This place is too far just to walk.”

“Just because they’re lazy doesn’t mean they have to be unfaithful!”

“Listen, if you want people to come to the shrine, you have to have someone escort them here, or at least get the path repaired so wagons can go by faster and take care of the youkai.”

“I… guess.” I’m not really thrilled about having to do that much work. Getting the youkai to shut up and obey the spellcard rules was hard enough, but least now many whom I’ve never met before use spellcards as a matter of course.

“How are things with you, Reimu, besides the faith business?”

“Fine, fine. Get up, eat, sweep, make sure Suika doesn’t break anything, drink tea, go to sleep. I sometimes visit the human village. Kinda boring, really. Makes me wish another incident would happen.”

“If you have so much free time, then perhaps you should come and help me ou-“

“Not even if you gave me all the treasure that should have been on that ship.”

“At least I tried.” She smiles, and we both pause to sip more of our tea. She holds her cup out and I refill her cup, then I refill mine.

“Sakuya?”

“Hm?”

“There’s something I’ve been wondering.”

“Yes?”
>> No. 86539
File 12424702099.jpg - (135.20KB , 586x819 , 6c7a09356814904f0304159fcb3575ab[1].jpg ) [iqdb]
86539
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/49855/

------------

“Why would you, a woman who can stop time, choose to serve the eternally childish? I understand duty and servitude, but I was born into my position, and you weren’t.”

As if to stall for time, Sakuya raises her cup to her mouth and takes a sip. A nice, long one. Then she brings the cup down and wipes her mouth with handkerchief. “How do you know I wasn’t born into mine?”

“I guess that might make sense; were you?”

“Maybe.” She gives me a sly smile that is so unlike her. She brings the cup up to her lips once again, but then stops and places it back down. “… I’ve had enough hot tea for today. Burns my tongue.”

“Oh, right, forgot about that.” Silly me. Still, I’m not going to let this go. “Why ‘maybe’? Either you were born into it, or you weren’t!”

Sakuya’s expression becomes serious, much like the day I met her. “The past is the past, and it shall remain the past. Don’t try to summon the ghosts of the past, Reimu, or else you’ll be haunted too.”

….

I sigh, stretching my arms out, and then my legs. Sakuya stares at me, dumbfounded for a moment. “… I doubt your past is that bad. Still, it doesn’t completely determine your motivation.”

“I could have been born into this, so loyalty… Or it could be that I was defeated by her, and so devotion,” she replies, attempting to be cryptic. I’m not sure if she’s succeeding, though. “Or it could be that the job gives me dinner every night – if I never joined up with her, I would have starved.”

“Everyone says I’m straightforward, but you’re not that much different, you know.”

She looks insulted by such an accusation, but then smiles. “Or perhaps it is because I like being in charge, even if it has to involve idiots as my subordinates. Or maybe… It is because I think my mistress needs some direction in her life.”

I blink a few times and stare at her. Then I laugh.

“What?”

“N-nothing, it’s just… you’re not that great at the cryptic thing.”

“You’re one to talk!”

“But I suppose straightforwardness is the hallmark of a wonderful woman.”

She blushes once again and glances away.

“You know, Sakuya, you’re much older than you look. Are you sure you’re human?”

“Of course I am. Why wouldn’t I be?”

“Well, you have grey hair like that Eirin, so…”

“So…?”

“… So are you a Lunarian?”

Sakuya glares at me briefly. “Didn’t I say not to call upon the ghosts of the past?”

“Maybe I’m trying to stir up an incident.”

“I’m a human; Lunarians aren’t.”

“Didn’t you know that the Lunarians are classified as humans in Akyuu’s chronicles?”

“Really?”

“Didn’t you read it?”

“Not the entire thing, I’ve been too busy…”

“You work yourself too hard!”

“Perhaps…”

“Answer my question.”

Sakuya blinks at me, then smirks. “Honestly, as far back as I can remember, I’ve been on this planet.”

“If you say so…”

“I do say so.”

“So…”

“So….?” Sakuya blinks at me as I sip my tea.

“… Is it true?”

“Is what true?”

“Do you really pad your bra?” I ask quickly before ducking down to avoid the barrage of knives that Sakuya sends at me. However, no knives actually fly over my head. I lift my face up to take a peek, and Sakuya stares at me.

“Huh?”

“Your bra. Do you pad it? Stuff it?”

“… I don’t understand. Why would someone want to do that?”

“Usually it’s to make your chest look bigger.”

“Why would I want to do that? I’m fine with my chest’s size.”

Is she faking? Do I want to find out? What if she’s setting up some sort of trap.

“However, I can see you doing this…”

“I don’t even wear a bra!”

“Technically, your sarashi counts as a bra.”

“… Right. Whatever!”

“Well, I’d say the tea was wonderful, but…”

“Hm? Hungry?” Sakuya nods. I stand up. “I’ll get something prepared. Feel free to wait. I have a few books on the shelf over there… or you can go bug Suika if you find her.” I then head off to cook.

--------

Ran out of steam. I’ll continue some other time. Likely next week.

Comments, critique, and the like are appreciated.
>> No. 86541
This gets ten point just for not starring pervy-anon #22209.

Also for avoiding lolPado.
>> No. 86566
>Or it could be that I was defeated by her, and so devotion

I beat you. Where's my adoration?

>Or it could be that the job gives me dinner every night

Not every night.
>> No. 86574
>>Or it could be that I was defeated by her, and so devotion

>I beat you. Where's my adoration?

This must be taken into consideration.
>> No. 86598
>>86541

Thanks!

>>86566
> Not every night.

What do you mean?

>>86574

Certainly!
>> No. 86601
>>86598
>What do you mean?

>“Hm? Hungry?” Sakuya nods. I stand up. “I’ll get something prepared. Feel free to wait. I have a few books on the shelf over there… or you can go bug Suika if you find her.” I then head off to cook.

It's not her job that's feeding her tonight.
>> No. 86678
>>86601

It's the least we could do, considering we stole her groceries.

Maybe try telling her to stay over? I think she will if you're insistent. (A dog is a dog of course.)
>> No. 87306
File 124332787216.png - (285.68KB , 535x554 , 60452fcba5ab0b8f46e8b423a584439a.png ) [iqdb]
87306
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/161815/blush-detached_sleeves-hakurei_reimu-izayoi_sakuya

Well, it’s that time of the year again: presentations, term papers, cramming, and finals. Thankfully I’ll have a two week summer vacation before I take summer classes, so I’ll start updating more often, hopefully, sometime during the second week of June.

Meanwhile, have some Reimu and Sakuya.

------

I stood up on the tatami mat and turned away from Sakuya, heading out past the opened sliding paper doors into the next room, where the kitchen is. Then I go to my wood shed – well, more like an extension of the roof with wood piled up underneath – at the back of my house and gather up some firewood, which I bring back into the kitchen and set some inside the earthen stove. Then of course I make a little prayer and a fire is set for me, and so I get to work.

I then bring the dinner to the sitting room, placing it down and handing out the various cups with rice, rabbit meat (oh how I’m glad that Reisen isn’t around…), miso soup, and boiled green soybeans (with the requisite soy sauce on the side). Yum~ Glancing around the room, I notice that Sakuya isn’t in it. Huh. Well, I go check out the other rooms in the house, but after finding them all empty, I notice Sakuya back in the living room. “Oh, there you are. Where’d you go?”

“I headed off to peak with Suika, but I couldn’t find her.”

“Huh. Maybe she ran off to spend time with other friends. You know, Sakuya…”

By this point she’s looking hungrily at the food, but looks up at me. “Yes?”

“It’s not your job that’s feeding you tonight.” I smile.”

“That is indeed so. Thank you, Reimu.”

I smile briefly, clasp my hands together, and give my thanks for this meal. Sakuya does the same, though she adds in some words in a language I can’t quite understand that the end. Not caring too much about it, I dig in; Sakuya joins in a moment later. Lunch goes by quietly, as we’re both focused more on the meal than each other.

Before we know it, everything’s gone into our stomachs, and I start picking up the plates. Sakuya moves to take them, and I let her. More help the merrier, I’d guess.

“I thought you didn’t like the tea,” I ask, having noticed that she didn’t drink anything else because I didn’t offer her anything.

“Magic,” she replies. I nod simply, placing the bowls in a small clay water holder… thing… so they can soak before washing.

I turn to her, a realization having dawned in my head. “Hey, I beat you, right?”

“Right.”

“So where’s my adoration?”

Sakuya stares at me for a moment, but then glances away, blushing. “That didn’t count.”

“How? You and I fought at our peak and you lost.”

“But I beat you later.”

“Yeah, but I still beat you.”

“I…” Her eye twitches. I mentally prepare myself to avoid some knives, but she just sighs. “.. am already in the service of lady Remilia. I cannot serve two mistresses.”

“Aww,” I comment in vague disappointment. I always wanted a maid in the house… One as loyal and dedicated as Sakuya would be even better; to never have to lift my finger again… And if she never needed to eat or sleep, well….

“I thank you for your hospitality,” Sakuya begins once again, bringing me out of my daydream, “I will be taking my leave now.” She starts walking to the basket of groceries I left against a wall. I quickly move to intercept, reaching out to take her arm. The maid blushes a bit more as I touch her, and I grin.

“How about you stay for just a bit more? What’s the point of coming to a shrine without a… a… cleansing hot springs bath! You should present yourself at your best when you return to the mansion!”

Sakuya glances at me, then out toward the rest of Gensokyo, then back at me, though she never makes eye contact. Then with a resigned sigh, “sure, might as well.” With a smile, I drag Sakuya away from the basket and into a small room inside the house. She looks confounded as she takes a look around. “I thought we were going to the springs.”

“We are. You just need to wash off first.”

“Wash off? Doesn’t that defeat the point?”

“Not really,” I reply, staring at her, “haven’t you ever bathed in a Japanese home before?”

“Never.”

“Wow, you really have been sheltered.” Sakuya turns away with a blush. I walk over to grab two buckets, and I point Sakuya to another two. “Come help me fill them up.”

Soon enough, we’re both done with filling up the small tub with water from the nearby spring. I proceed to pull off my detached sleeves and Sakuya begins to leave the room. I reach out to grab her and pull her closer. “Where do you think you’re going?”

“Outside while you clean off?”

“Nuh uh. It’ll go faster if we both do it at the same time.” Sakuya stares at me for a moment, but soon relents, beginning to undo one of her many maid like… clothing… stuff. She strips herself, basically! As do I, though I don’t really take my sweet time. You’d think seeing someone else lather herself up and then wash herself off would be pretty interest, but honestly? It wasn’t, really. I looked, yeah, and her breasts were about the same size as they were under her clothes, but I was too a busy working on myself, I guess.
>> No. 87307
File 124332821460.jpg - (62.38KB , 480x550 , eba382da671c575af78f670ac8577441.jpg ) [iqdb]
87307
Now that we’re all nice and clean, I hand Sakuya a towel, then empty the tub in a corner of the room, where a network of bamboo half-pipes will drain them to the ground below. Then a towel is quickly wrapped around my waist, we walk out into the rest of the house, and then head to the hot springs. I casually toss aside my towel and slip in quickly submerging most of my nude form below the disturbed surface of the pool. I lean back, take a deep breath, and then let it out slowly as I attempt to relax. I gaze at Sakuya, who turns away from me before undoing her towel and slips a foot in daintily. Slowly she begins to sink. “Are you planning on taking a year to get in, or did you break your watch when slowing time down?”

“Uh…” Sakuya stares at me for a moment, her light skin flushing a similarly light red. She bites her lip as she lets go of her towel and tries to increase the pace. It still was far slower than I would have liked, if it weren’t for the fact that she looked better outside, with the sunlight reflect off her skin just so… Her breasts, while not exactly Yukari level impressive (though I suspect she cheats…), are still bigger than mine, firm and supple and I want to grab them right now!

She’s down to her knees down and is sitting down at the edge. Her thighs are sorta curvier than mine, her skin’s flawless… I can’t let this go unpunished!

Reaching out to grab her, I yank Sakuya into the pool with a small plashing, and she gasps as if I hit her with danmaku! I laugh and she just glares at me but then sighs and relaxes. I scoot up next to her. “So, what do you think?”

“It’s… hot… a bit too hot, don’t you think?”

“Nonsense, it’s just fine!” I pat her on the shoulder and she slumps down until the water’s at her shoulders. I scoot next to her and watch her just relax… I gaze up at the mostly clear blue sky, a bird flying here, a cloud floating there…All so relaxing. I would be satisfied just sitting next to her, but a hand of mine wanders over onto her shoulder; she stiffens up in response, but soon relaxes again. My hand slowly moves its way closer to her neck and around the ba-

“Reimu?”

“Yeah?” I reply, sounding just a bit startled.

“I don’t mean to talk business here, but can you-“

I shush her up by raising the finger of my left hand up to her lips. She flushes red once again, though perhaps that’s because her body’s getting too hot…I lean in closer to her and my right hand, now moving past her neck, slips down to brush against her chest. I wait a moment to gauge her response, which only consists of her tensing up. I wait another moment and I brush again, and she glances away, as if to ignore it. Unable to resist this challenge, I grab a handful of her chest, which causes her to close her eyes and part her lips, but I can’t quite hear anything. I slip over to be partway in front of her, straddling one leg, and I reach down with my other hand, gently caressing her flat stomach… shifting downward ever slowing… A wicked grin comes across my lips as Sakuya begins to deepen her breathing, her face flushing a red brighter than whassherface’s hair. She glances at me and though her gaze was brief, I could tell the immense want that was now stirring in her. As my hand reaches down past her bellybutton, her legs open up in invitation; I unwrap my hand from around her neck, so I can better slide it up and down her neck teasingly, bringing it down to her shoulder blades.

Her blue eyes look down at my hand slowly sliding its way down her sternum, trailing a circling path around one of her breasts; I lean in closed and Sakuya presses herself against the edge of the hot spring, lifting herself up in the process so that her chest was now above the water’s surface. I slip just a bit closer to her, my hand slowly making its way past her hair to reach the folds of her womanhood. A light rub… a second one… all the while my finger finally reaches its perky destination, flicking lightly against it. Sakuya bites her lip as I rub her lower lips with a chuckle and then I slowly stick the finger inside of her. She briefly tightens around my finger as I enter, but then she relaxes, and stick it all the way in. Not much resistance…. Huh. Well, I then proceed to move the finger out, but stop before the end, and then move it back in. All the while I begin to move my hips against Sakuya’s leg, grinding myself against her for some of my own pleasure. My cheeks flush at doing this, but Sakuya was certainly not minding this at all. I wriggle my finger around inside of Sakuya, feeling the tight, warm folds of her flesh… I brush my thumb against her clit and she responds with a shudder and an actually audible moan!

I pinch Sakuya’s pink nipple, playing with it, rolling it between my fingers, tugging on it lightly…. Anything that makes her rear her head back. It’s kinda hard to keep this while grinding against her leg. My pace with that slows, but thankfully Sakuya seems to pick up some of the slack by shifting her leg. I soon add in a second finger, along with greater pressure on her clit… Before I knew it, Sakuya reached out, one hand heading between my legs, and the other for my chest. Ooh~! She gropes, she rubs, she pinches… I feel a burning within my crotch as she does that… This isn’t helped by her rubbing of my labia, and by her pinching of my nub… Soon enough, I can feel her grip tightly on my finger and my own hand on her chest tightens up as we both fall against each other, our juices flowing out into the hot spring water. Sakuya and I pant for a few minutes before she begins to giggle… and this infects me, and soon we’re both laughing and splashing and was that a flash of the camera oh I don’t care! We embrace each other, then climb out of the pool and dry ourselves off.

We walk back into the house and I get yukata for Sakuya to wear.

“So…”

“So…?”

I look at Sakuya with a smile. “Wanna do something else?”

“What… can we do?”

“I dunno, I can think of something.” Then I remembered. Stupid dishes needing washing! Where’s Suika when I need her?! “Uh… Just lemme do the dishes, then we can go to the SDM?”

“Sounds fine to me.” She gives me a tired, though blissful, smile, sitting down in the… well, sitting room, and reaching out for one of my books. I give her a quick wave, then put on a yukata of my own while I do the dishes.

Soon enough I’m done with the dishes – though I really hate how sticky rice gets – and I walk back into the sitting room to find Sakuya laying on the ground, eyes closed and head on a pillow. She seems to be breathing softly, though I wonder how she sleeps with her knee in the air…

What to do now…
[ ] Wake Sakuya up
[ ] Don’t wake her up
And after that? If Sakuya is woken up, she’d likely come up with me, unless I wave her off,.
[ ] Go to SDM
[ ] Go back to the human village
[ ] Find Suika
[ ] Stay here and laze about
[ ] Something else. (What?)

----------

Damn I suck at typos.

>“I headed off to peak with Suika, but I couldn’t find her.”

Should be speak, not peak.
>> No. 87314
>and was that a flash of the camera
Oh, Aya.

[x] Don't wake her up
[x] Throw a light blanket over her
[x] Admire her sleeping face
[x] Read a book, then unconciously fall asleep next to her
>> No. 87318
[x] Don’t wake her up.
[x] Throw a light blanket over her.
[x] Admire her sleeping face.
[x] Take her pocket watch to make sure you'll be able to admire that sleeping face when you return.

[x] Summon Suika to gather your orbs and gohei; you must prepare at once for glorious battle.
[x] Tell Suika that she is to guard Sakuya with her life.
[x] Go to SDM.

Remilia Scarlet, I am keeping your maid.

And there is nothing you can do about it.
>> No. 87414
[x] Don't wake her up
[x] Throw a light blanket over her
[x] Admire her sleeping face
[x] Read a book, then unconciously fall asleep next to her
>> No. 87442
[X] Don't wake her up
[X] Throw a light blanket over her
[X] Admire her sleeping face
[X] Climb in and sleep with her

Accidental? Bah.
>> No. 87530
>>87318

Quite an excellent write-in, and I'll think about it for later use, if it doesn't win at the moment.

Speaking of votes winning, I'll be waiting until Saturday to write, so feel free to post if you haven't, or to drag your acquaintances into reading and voting!
>> No. 87689
>>87530

hooray
>> No. 87853
File 124392520176.jpg - (52.47KB , 595x683 , 791c6fd38d4d43a6e4f5299e620b70a8.jpg ) [iqdb]
87853
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/444739

--------------------

I step closer to Sakuya, looking down at her. She looks so relaxed and so vulnerable right now… Not often that I see her that way, even after we play with danmaku. Well, I suppose it can’t be helped if she’s sleeping there, but might as well make her comfortable. I carefully walk over to the sliding paper door and open it, reaching out to take a light blanket. I then creep over toward Sakuya and lay it on her. Now I go to the windows and pull down the rice paper blinds so the sun won’t get in her eyes. Judging from the sun’s position, it’s only mid-afternoon. Huh.

Well, with nothing else to do – not like anyone’s going to come to the shrine so late in the day – I head on over to my bookshelf, then sit myself down on a cushion not too far from Sakuya. I gaze at her face longingly…. I want to caress it, but she needs her sleep. I look down at the book I grabbed without thinking and notice that it’s the Buddhist sutras. Well, my knowledge is a bit rusty on the details, so might as well!

The subjugation of desire, the subjugation of hatred, the subjugation of perplexity; this, O friend, is called Nirvana.
…..

Dissolved is the body, extinct is the perception; the sensations have all vanished away. The conformations have found their repose: the consciousness has sunk to its rest.

……

Oh, hey, there’s some commentaries in here too!

Hence the sage is like an empty hollow. He cherishes no knowledge. He dwells in the world of change and utility, yet holds himself to the realm of non-activity. He rests within the walls of the nameable, yet lives in the open country of what transcends speech. He is silent and alone, void and open, where his state of being cannot be clothed in language. Nothing more can be said of him.

And so on and so forth… I start to get sleepy, but… I gotta pee. Dammit, for the good this paradise is, I still gotta drag my ass to the pit toilet and back! Mumble mumble, fume, whine… I get up and try to head out…

Ow fuck! That hurt! Stupid stubbed toe, stupid stupid stupid stupid!

Ahhh…. Now that I’ve got it out of my system….

Sometime later, I’m back reading in the room, gazing at Sakuya’s face between reading commentaries…

[i]The emperor asked, “Since ascending to the throne, I have had temples built, sutras transcribed, and monks ordained. What merit have I gained?”
The master answered: “No merit at all.”
The emperor replied: “Why no merit at all?”
The master said: “All these are but impure motives for merit; they mature the paltry fruit of rebirth as a human being or a deva (a god). They are like shadows that follow the form, having no reality of their own.”
The emperor said: “Then of what is true merit?”
He answered: “It is pure knowing, wonderful and perfect. Its essence is emptiness. One cannot gain such merit by wordly means.”
Thereupon the emperor asked: “What is the sacred truth’s first principle?”
The master replied: “Vast emptiness, nothing sacred.”
The emperor said: “Who is this who faces me?”
The master replied: “I don’t know.”

And so on and so forth… As I continue reading, my mind starts to be overtaken by sleep; I close my eyes an-

A sad wail comes from outside: “Reimuuu! Are you heeere?!”

Is it who I think it is? Awakened once again, I sigh, set the book down and head on over to the front of the shrine. What awaits me is the red-white two-tailed cat of a shikigami, looking smaller than usual band actually timid, for once. Her tails twist around each other nervously, while her two pointers poke against each other, her crying eyes looking up at me.

“Ca…can I stay over tonight?”

[ ] “Why?”
[ ] “Didn’t plan on two people staying over today…”
[ ] “Yeah, sure, whatever.”
[ ] “What’s wrong?”
[ ] “No. Go bother someone else.”
[ ] “You think I’m gonna fall for that?”
>> No. 87863
[x] “No. Go bother someone else.”

[x] "Why?"

Time to molest Chen, as well.
>> No. 87867
[X] Why?

Yukari, Ran, we're keeping your cute kitten girl in addition to Remilia's maid.
>> No. 87868
>>87867
The new title for this story should be Touhoumon. Gotta catch 'em all.
>> No. 87872
[x] “Why?”
[x] "As long as you don't get in a fight with my dog."
>> No. 88143
File 124427130117.jpg - (238.09KB , 454x640 , 016eb30dc1920d5b411d71fa89ad7bbb.jpg ) [iqdb]
88143
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/464635/

Another quick update this time around. Also, the previous post’s title is incorrect. This is eight, and that was seven.

-------------

I blink, keeping my gaze on the little youkai. Doesn’t she already have a family?

“Why?”

“U-um, well… Today Mistress Yukari went around giving people things for something important and then she and Mistress Ran started to argue about telling you something important that might or might not deal with that other important thing. First Mistress Yukari was like…” Chen stands on her tiptoes, placing one hand above where her breasts would be if she had any, and the other in front of her mouth. “’Oh ho ho ho ho ho! I’m so special and smart and I manipulate everything behind the scenes, but I can’t tell Reimu because she’ll get mad!’”

I raise an eyebrow in disbelief…

She continues, this time by placing her hands on her hips, putting on a sort of glare. “And then Mistress Ran said, ‘Stop acting like you control everything! It’s really important that she knows so she can prepare for this, or else it might prove to be too much for her!’”

I raise the other eyebrow, but then lower them both. I wait for her to finish.
“And then they started fighting each other and breaking stuff and I tried to stop them…. But then they yelled at me to go away, so…”

“So…?”

“So I’m here.”

“Oh… What are they talking about?”

“I don’t know. They always use code or telepathy or magic or something to tell each other the important parts.”

“Hah. So much for being in the know.”

“Well? Can I stay for tonight?”

“Maybe they’re already done fighting? Can’t you go back?”

Chen shakes her head, and then grins. Just that grin alone reminds me of when we first met, back when whassherface made winter long. “If they are, then they’re probably having sex in the rubble. Not much safer than if they were still fighting.”

[ ] “Yeah, sure. As long as you don’t get in a fight with my dog.”
[ ] “I don’t really have room, but I know someone who’ll take you in!” (Specify)
[ ] “No. You’re a youkai, right? Go sleep under the stars.”
[ ] “Wait, what?”
[ ] Write-in
>> No. 88150
[X] "Sure, as long as you don't get into a fight with my dog."
[X] "..."
[X] "Wait..."
[X] "... Oh god, the idea of those two going at it is gonna haunt my dreams. God dammit."
>> No. 88152
[x] "And aren't you infatuated with Ran? Shouldn't you go join them or something?"
[x] "Sure, I guess..."

Inb4 she tells us Yukari likes to put strange things in her bottom.
>> No. 88153
[X] "Sure, as long as you don't get into a fight with my dog."
[X] "..."
[X] "Wait..."
[X] "... Oh god, the idea of those two going at it is gonna haunt my dreams. God dammit."
>> No. 88161
[X] "Sure, as long as you don't get into a fight with my dog."
[X] "..."
[X] "Wait..."
[X] "... Oh god, the idea of those two going at it is gonna haunt my dreams. God dammit."
>> No. 88163
[X] "Sure, as long as you don't get into a fight with my dog."
[X] "..."
[X] "Wait..."
[X] "... Oh god, the idea of those two going at it is gonna haunt my dreams. God dammit."
>> No. 88174
[d] "Sure, as long as you don't get into a fight with my dog."
[a] "..."
[z] "Wait..."
[e] "... Oh god, the idea of those two going at it is gonna haunt my dreams. God dammit."
>> No. 88244
[X] "Sure, as long as you don't get into a fight with my dog."

write-in is TMI

especially when Chen will want clarification
>> No. 88264
>>88244

>"If they are, then they're probably having sex in the rubble. Not much safer than when they were fighting."

Somehow, I think Chen will know enough about the subject to where it doesn't bother her much.
>> No. 88285
[+] "Sure, as long as you don't get into a fight with my dog."
Trying to redirect an excessive write-in.
If we're going to go with that last line, mumble it as an aside to ourselves.
>> No. 88294
>>88244
>>88264
>>88285
I'd really rather not have Sakuya wake up and hear us calling her a dog.
>> No. 88310
Wow, 8 votes, in my CYOA? Color me surprised.

I'll hopefully have an update up by tomorrow. Please wait warmly~!
>> No. 88333
>>88294

It doesn't carry the same pejorative connotation it does in the West. To call someone an "犬" (inu) as a diminutive is to say they are loyal, obedient, and tireless, less than that they are miserable and stupid.

And since we are saying this to Chen here, who is a cat, we're not insulting anyone as much as we're making a joke.
>> No. 88334
>>88310

hooray
>> No. 88352
File 124459425459.jpg - (930.44KB , 850x1115 , fffa387f82aaa88841ab9a8f91dc61c3.jpg ) [iqdb]
88352
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/465476/2girls-barefoot-chen-cirno-fan-feet-hidebo-lap_pil

------


“Sure, as long as you don’t get into a fight with my dog.”

“Yay!” Chen jumps up with joy, then hugs me tightly. She’s pretty strong for someone her size… After she breaks the hug, I turn and lead her into the shrine.

My mind starts to wander… seeing Yukari and Ran punching each other through flimsy wooden walls… their danmaku tearing up the landscape… …

“….”

Hands and claws and danmaku shredding each other’s clothes… Ran behind Yukari over a table, slamming her face into it, while her free hand gets to work between Yukari’s legs… Yukari slamming Ran through a wall, then picking her dazed form and kissing it with a great passion…

“Wait…”

Chen, who seems to have gone ahead of me as I daydreamed, turns around to look at me.

“Huh?”

I cringe briefly. If I was wearing anything underneath this yukata, it’d probably be a bit damp… “… Oh gods, the idea of those two going at it is gonna haunt my dreams. God dammit.”

Chen giggles, turning away and muttering something about everything going according to Ran… Huh? Whatever. We both enter the shrine, after taking off our shoes and geta, and I wave a hand to the paper screened doors.

“Don’t make a mess and don’t scratch up anything.”

“I won’t! Where’d you get a dog?”

“She came to me. Just got her today, too.”

“Oh, can I see?! I like puppies!”

“Hmm… Sure, I guess. Be a bit quiet, she’s sleeping.”

She nods, then tiptoes into the room where I point to. She stares at Sakuya for a moment, then comes back, pouting. “That isn’t a dog…”

I shrug my shoulders. “She might not look like it, but she’s really one.”

“If you say soooo.”

I close the door to Sakuya’s room, then I head on over to the kitchen.

“I don’t want anything,” she says.

“Oh, okay. Did you eat on the way here?”

“Yup. Lots of rats in one place… there was this really big youkai one too, but I couldn’t catch her.”

“Why not?”

“She used these crystal… shield… -things- to block my danmaku, then ran away.”

“Huh. Well, at least you got enough.”

“Yup!” Chen looks around, doesn’t seem too impressed with the interior, and yawns.

What to do now, she either looks bored or sleepy...
[ ] Talk with Chen (about what?)
[ ] Play with Chen
[ ] Make a bed for Chen
[ ] Take Chen out somewhere
[ ] Maybe I should pick up the towels and clothes in the tub room before anyone else comes…

-----

As usual, feel free to write in however much you want. It doesn't have to necessarily be in connection to the main question that the choices revolve around. So if, say, you want a certain time-keeping device snatched before putting Chen to bed...
>> No. 88353
[x] Tea drinking! (Spiked with catnip!)
[x] Hot springs!
[x] Play with Chen!
[x] Maybe I should start a collection of clothing in the tub room...

It worked so well the first time.
>> No. 88355
>>88354
The previous idea was to take her watch so that she couldn't use it, while we go off to fight Remilia for ownership of Sakuya.

We also have to make sure the watch isn't stolen back while we're sleeping or distracted.
>> No. 88362
>>88353

Oh you.

>>88354
>>88355

Where did the awesome and huge write-in go?! I liked it! Bring it baaaack!
>> No. 88364
>>88355

That idea is much simpler and to the point than the write-in was.

[x] Take the watch surreptitiously; ideally this will already be set in stone by the time Sakuya wakes up.
[x] Tell Suika (if you see her) that Chen and Sakuya are allowed to be here.
[x] "Chen! Normally I'd tell a cat to sleep under the kotatsu, but it's as warm as the Buddhist Paradise in here, so you can just nap wherever. We'll decide proper sleeping arrangements up my victorious return."
-[x] "Tell Sakuya if she wakes up that her mistress and her mistress' mistress are in negotiation over labor issues, and not to be disturbed by the staff."
-[x] "Don't answer the door. Let Suika or Sakuya get it."
-[x] "And if any Black-White mice start creeping around, going through the Wonderful Shrine Maiden of Paradise's meager belongings and foodstuffs, just... follow your instincts."
[x] Get ye orb.
[x] Head for SDM.
>> No. 88367
[x] Take the watch surreptitiously; ideally this will already be set in stone by the time Sakuya wakes up.
[x] Tell Suika (if you see her) that Chen and Sakuya are allowed to be here.
[x] "Chen! Normally I'd tell a cat to sleep under the kotatsu, but it's as warm as the Buddhist Paradise in here, so you can just nap wherever. We'll decide proper sleeping arrangements up my victorious return."
-[x] "Tell Sakuya if she wakes up that her mistress and her mistress' mistress are in negotiation over labor issues, and not to be disturbed by the staff."
-[x] "Don't answer the door. Let Suika or Sakuya get it."
-[x] "And if any Black-White mice start creeping around, going through the Wonderful Shrine Maiden of Paradise's meager belongings and foodstuffs, just... follow your instincts."
[x] Get ye orb.
[x] Head for SDM.
>> No. 88369
[x] Take the watch surreptitiously; ideally this will already be set in stone by the time Sakuya wakes up.
[x] Tell Suika (if you see her) that Chen and Sakuya are allowed to be here.
[x] "Chen! Normally I'd tell a cat to sleep under the kotatsu, but it's as warm as the Buddhist Paradise in here, so you can just nap wherever. We'll decide proper sleeping arrangements up my victorious return."
-[x] "Tell Sakuya if she wakes up that her mistress and her mistress' mistress are in negotiation over labor issues, and not to be disturbed by the staff."
-[x] "Don't answer the door. Let Suika or Sakuya get it."
-[x] "And if any Black-White mice start creeping around, going through the Wonderful Shrine Maiden of Paradise's meager belongings and foodstuffs, just... follow your instincts."
[x] Get ye orb.
[x] Head for SDM.
>> No. 88449
Well, from the looks of it, there aren't going to be any more votes and the winner is pretty much determined. I'll try to get something up by Saturday night
>> No. 88456
>>88449

Hooray!
>> No. 88514
File 124493430685.jpg - (537.25KB , 780x1100 , dce140e7d98c62d71d4ca51a96104faa.jpg ) [iqdb]
88514
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/468157/black_hair-bloomers-bow-detached_sleeves-gohei-hai
------

I decide to speak out as a thought comes into my head. “Chen!”

“What?!” She exclaims, looking around. “I didn’t do anyth- … oh.” She looks back at me, eyes narrowing in annoyance. “You scared me!”

“Normally, I’d tell a cat to sleep under the kotatsu, but it’s warm as a Buddhist paradise in here, so you can nap wherever.”

She smiles. “Thanks!”

“We’ll discuss proper sleeping arrangements upon my victorious return. Also, tell Sakuya if she wakes up that her mistress and her mistress’s mistress are in negotiation over labor issues and should not be disturbed the staff.”

She blinks a few times, confused. “Huh?”

“Just say I’m going to be busy with Remilia.”

“You’re going out for the night?”

“Just for a few hours. Don’t answer the door. Let Suika or Sakuya get it.”

She nods. “Sure.”

“And if any black-white mice start creeping around, going through the Wonderful Shrine Maiden of Paradise’s meager belongings and foodstuffs, just… follow your instincts.”

“Okay, I’ll make sure to protect that maiden’s stuff~” She says with a sly grin. “Now if only I knew who she was…”

I roll my eyes and head to the bathing room, while Chen enters the room where Sakuya is sleeping. I pick up Sakuya’s neatly folded clothing – who does that for dirty clothes, anyways? – and place them over in the room where she’s sleeping with Chen nuzzling against her. Of course, I take the watch, and I head to my room to change into my usual clothes. I attach the chain with difficulty to the yellow thing wrapped around the collar of my shirt, and then with some annoyance I get it in wrapped up by my sarashi. There. Now it shouldn’t fall away while dodging danmaku.

I snatch my gohei from where I left it and head into the interior, most sacred room of the shrine, running my sight over every little detail within. My eyes end up focusing on the four orbs surrounding the honden, and I mutter out a prayer for success on this… “preemptive extermination” trip. And with that, I casually raise my gohei and the ying-yang orbs begin to float in tandem. I walk out of the shrine, making sure to slip my feet into my sandals, but I make sure to snatch my bottle gourd. Heading over to the nearby stream, I fill up the gourd and tie it around my waist.

I float off the ground, taking a moment to enjoy the setting sun – Remilia should be waking up around now, shouldn’t she? The full moon’s only a week away, too… And off I go, just as I see various fairies and other minor youkai make their way out from the tree-lined path down the mountain.

Choose shot type:
[ ] Reimu Type A: Spirit Spell Card (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil)
[ ] Reimu Type B: Dream Spell Card (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil)
[ ] Reimu Type C: Illusion Spell Card (Mountain of Faith’s Sealing Type)
[ ] Mixed Magical Arts* (Immaterial and Missing Power, Scarlet Weather Rhapsody style fighting)
Choose strategy:
[ ] Shoot ‘em all down!
[ ] Pacifist run!
[ ] Write-in
--------------
* Name subject to change. Other possibilities include: Free-range Fighting, Bulletboxing, Danmaku Fu, and Anything Goes Martial Arts. Feel free to vote for vote for the one you like most, since these sort of options will pop up again later.

I’m honestly not sure how to do this sort of thing. When should I break for options? Only before each boss, or between spell cards, at the beginning of stages, or what?
>> No. 88518
>I float off the ground, taking a moment to enjoy the setting sun – Remilia should be waking up around now, shouldn’t she? The full moon’s only a week away, too… And off I go, just as I see various fairies and other minor youkai make their way out from the tree-lined path down the mountain.

No time for rabble.

[x] Mixed Magical Arts
[x] Speed run

MMA gives the combat a more brutal and visceral sensibility, which is appropriate because we are not making a polite suggestion or playing a game. The goal is to get to Remilia as quickly as possible, conserving our energy by by-passing (grazing) non-bosses, then attempting to take down the bosses as quickly as possible.

Suggest breaks between each spell card declaration, the dialogue answer having possibly having an effect on the difficulty.

This is just a prelude anyway. The real fight will happen a week from now, during the full moon, when Remilia will make her reprisal. Remilia will never accept the result until she is brought low completely, at her full power, and un-handicapped by spellcard rules.
>> No. 88526
[x] Pacifist run!
Hilarity will ensue.

"Hi China! Bye China!"
"Wai- Wha- no!"

"Hi Patchy, Koakuma! See ya!"
"Ah" - "Um?"

"Hi Flandre, play with you later, 'kay?"
"But it's always later!"

"Remilia!"
"Oh, Reimu, what a surprise. What are you doing here?"
"Claiming my possessions!"
"What?"
"Shut up!" Super Reimu Cunt-Punch!
"Fwah!"
"Victory is mine!"

There's no need for epic battles here, unless those battles are fought with sheer sexual stamina alone.
>> No. 88557
[X] Mixed Magical Arts

Makes for the best fight scenes when you're constrained to a text-only format. Also, the name is awesome.

[X] Speed run
[X] Pacifist run
[X] No bombs
[X] No vertical movement
[X] Remilia only
[X] Final Destination
>> No. 88558
[x] Mixed Magical Arts* (Immaterial and Missing Power, Scarlet Weather Rhapsody style fighting)
Choose strategy:
[X] Pacifist run!
>> No. 88562
[X] Pacifist run!
>> No. 88563
[x] Mixed Magical Arts* (Immaterial and Missing Power, Scarlet Weather Rhapsody style fighting)
Choose strategy:
[X] Pacifist run!
>> No. 88650
There seems to be a nigh unanimous agreement here. Calling it for MMA, with glossing over of non-bosses (speed run) and a starting strategy of pacifist (getting by without landing a hit).

Don't think you'll get shoehorned into a pacifist run the whole way through, though. You'll always be free to choose or write-in options that allow for skipping the battle altogether (good luck talking them down, though, since this is Gensokyo), or to give up on the strategy. Though there will be some benefit if you manage to get all the way through without attacking.

I'll be sure to get an update up in the next two days or so.
>> No. 88652
>>88650

hooray!
>> No. 88675
File 124529484753.jpg - (259.57KB , 680x800 , 88c88224a6388bbc71a8624a99d47981.jpg ) [iqdb]
88675
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/423131/baerun-barefoot-child-feet-horns-ibuki_suika-oni-r

------------
As expected, the various youkai fly by, firing off their danmaku. At this point I wonder why they even bother – it’s not like they have mistresses for me to attack! Usually I’d just shoot them down and be on with it, but it’s best to save my strength for Remilia. Up ahead I see two of the greater fairies and I just speed up to fly between them as they fire off their patterns – they turn to fire again, but they end up shooting each other down! Hahahahah! Fairies always make me crack up… One of the more noticeable youkai jumps out from the trees with a laugh.

“At last, Hakurei maiden, your lineage shall come to an end! The blood feud shall end in my family’s favor!”

“Yeah, yeah, stuff a sock in it!” I reply as I speed by. The youkai flies after me, continuing to fire. Yawn. I drop down a bit, and then swing to the side. I quickly outpace her, but then the sound of danmaku firing hundreds of times rings in my ears. Behind me! I turn around and, suddenly, danmaku, hundreds of them! I lift up my gohei to place the four orbs above and below me, set up to create a barrier, but this quickly proves to be pointless! A black orb suddenly appears in the sky and all the danmaku gets sucked into it – as well as all the youkai, who hit their own danmaku as they “fall” into it! With a grin I turn back toward my destination, seeing a certain oni with a white shirt, red bow, and a long blue and white skirt sitting on a rock. She looks a bit glad to see me, with a fang poking out of her mouth.

“’Eeyyy Reimu!” She greets me. “Where ya headed at this time? It’s nearly sunset, ya know!”

I stop and land on the ground, walking up to her as my orbs float after me. Looks like I made it to the base of the mountain in no time. “Hey Suika. Just heading a preemptive youkai extermination mission.”

“Ohh?” Suika asks, taking a drink from her gourd and capping it, leaning forward to get a closer look at me. “Why’s that?”

“I… er… just for someone, okay?” I feel a non-danmaku-grazing-related heat welling up in my cheeks. I look away and pull out my gourd of water and take a drink.

“Ahahaha! You like someone, don’tcha?” She grins. When’d she learn to read minds?! “C’mon spiiiill it! I wanna know!”

“Um,, hey, what’ve you been doing all day?!” I try to change the subject.

“Well, first I ate breakfast with you, then I drank, then I swept, then I went to the village…” She recounts, not seeming to care much about the sudden shift in topic. “And I drank there too! Some people got a bit better at drinking contests, but of course I still won! Nyahahah!” She beams proudly. Good for her, I guess.

“What happened to your shoes?”

“Oh, that’s easy! When I was drinking there was this youkai who was dressed all cutely and stuff, but then she challenged me to a contest! She put some beans or something into my drink and then I gagged and then she jumped under the table to grab my shoes! Can ya believe that?! A youkai, stealing an oni’s shoes!”

“Oni are youkai, though…”

“Yeah, but still! You’d have to be stupid, crazy, or crazystupid to do that! She was all three! Then she ran off… tossed beans at me, and I ran after her! Then she somehow managed to lose me, but I’ll find her! How about you join me? It’ll be our second youkai hunt!”

“Maybe…” I reply, shrugging. I don’t really care about something as silly as shoes, ferthegods’sake. “Couldn’t you find her when you turned into mist and spread around, though?”

Suika stares at me. “….”

I blink. “What?”

She beams at me, laughing. “Nyahahah! I forgot all about that! I got so mad that… I forgot… Ahahahah!” She falls over from the rock, but I think the ground was hurt more than she was.

“Well, now that I helped you with that, time for me to go…” I begin to float off, but then Suika jumps back up, taking a swig of her bottle.

“’Ey, Reimu!”

“Yeah?” I say, turning around.

“I’m still a bit mad about this! How ‘bout you be my punchin’ bag?!” She cracks her knuckles

[ ] “Well, since you are the first boss…” Sigh!
[ ] “Shouldn’t you focus on getting that youkai?”
[ ] “If… if you really wanna find out who it is you should go check out the shrine right now!” Oh geeze, I’m not gonna hear the end of this… My cheeks’re burning so red!
[ ] “No way! I’ve got better things to do!” Make a break for it – she’s strong, but I’m faster.
[ ] Maybe there are some bean plants around there… If I use them, she’ll get even more pissed for later, but this is too important!

--------------
Write-in for pacifistic (or non-pacifistic) MMA strategies are appreciated, should the choice not end up with avoiding a fight. As always, write-ins and elaboration in general are also appreciated.
>> No. 88676
[X] "I'm on a youkai extermination mission, and you would be the first one I fought. You really want to reduce yourself to the status of Stage 1 boss? I thought oni had more pride than that."

It's fine to break the fourth wall. They do it all the time in the games.
>> No. 88677
[X] "I'm on a youkai extermination mission, and you would be the first one I fought. You really want to reduce yourself to the status of Stage 1 boss? I thought oni had more pride than that."
>> No. 88679
[x] "W-Why would you want to fight me? After all, i-it's you that I'm doing this for..." blush and shift your eyes between her and the ground.
[x] Speed off before she has a chance to react.
>> No. 88680
>Can ya believe that?! A youkai, stealing an oni’s shoes!
Owen ;_;

[X] "I'm on a youkai extermination mission, and you would be the first one I fought. You really want to reduce yourself to the status of Stage 1 boss? I thought oni had more pride than that."
[X] "Save it for after I come back. That way you're the Extra boss."
>> No. 88684
[X] "I'm on a youkai extermination mission, and you would be the first one I fought. You really want to reduce yourself to the status of Stage 1 boss? I thought oni had more pride than that."
[X] "Save it for after I come back. That way you're the Extra boss."

Something we may want to get out of the way before it leads to excessive division at a critical juncture: how Reimu is going to fight when she finally does face that Scarlet Devil.

In particular, are we going to fight clean or not? That we stole Sakuya's watch shows that we're not entirely above using underhanded tactics....
>> No. 88685
[X] "I'm on a youkai extermination mission, and you would be the first one I fought. You really want to reduce yourself to the status of Stage 1 boss? I thought oni had more pride than that."
[X] "Save it for after I come back. That way you're the Extra boss."
>> No. 88686
>>88684

I suggest trying to abuse the time-stopping functions of Sakuya's watch by repeatedly appearing close enough to Remilia to cop feels and just generally sexually harass her. Why overpower her when we can seduce her? Then the whole of the SDM will be under our control!
>> No. 88687
>>88686

That would be obnoxious.
>> No. 88696
>>88686

But we don't really know about the watch in this story's canon. Does it possess the timehax power itself? Does it merely serve as a focus for the maid? Could it be just a mundane pocketwatch?

More importantly, though, >>88687.
>> No. 88701
>>88696

You're always free to take an aside moment between important events to try out the watch, like right after defeating a boss.
>> No. 88804
File 124554716023.jpg - (110.69KB , 350x350 , 4876b870181fcd9241a9e34d0cff09d7.jpg ) [iqdb]
88804
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/448947/-_-blush-chibi-donation_box-fang-hair_ribbon-horns

Terrible update this time around. I don’t really have much of an excuse. Next one will be better, or at least longer, or at least be written faster.

------

I look at Suika’s face, and it looks like she’s serious. Normally I’d be up for it, but I really shouldn’t let people distract me when I want to end something fast. So I decide to use words…. Big shock, I know. “I’m on a youkai extermination mission, and you would be the first I fought. You really want to reduce yourself to a stage one boss? I thought oni had more pride than that.”

Suika stares at my words, running them through her mind. She seems to be taking her time, considering she’s taking another swig. Unsure of my results, I add:

“Save it for after I come back. That way you’re the Extra Boss.”

Her eyes light up and she smiles, pulling me into a tight, one-armed hug. “See, that’s what I like about you! ‘Sides you not lying, after all.”

I smile and try to break free, all the while doing my best to not lose my breath. “…’kay….”

“But! Aren’t extra bosses always from earlier in the game?” She noogies my head. Ow ow ow ow ow wo ow! “So while I can’t let my pride make me be too easy to beat, I can’t break tradition!” She stops, and then spins me away. I struggle to keep my balance, but ultimately succeed. Still a bit dizzy. “So! I’m gonna be the toughest stage one boss EVER, and THEN you’ll haveta fight me again in the extra stage!”

Ohhhh boy. I press my hands against the side of my face and take a few breaths. I rapidly lose that feeling of dizziness. “Fiiiiine. But I’m seriously in a hurry!”

Suika takes a swig, and then begins to swing her gourd around on that chain. “I’ll be sure to end this quick!” She then swings the gourd in my direction and I dodge to the side. Damn, that thing can sure do damage! Suika charges toward me, lowering her head to try to gore me, and I jump up into the sky, land on her back, and then hop off, turning around as I land. She takes a swig of her drink and blows out fire, but due to the delay I quickly maneuver my orb to form a barrier that keeps me safe.

How to deal with this now…

[ ] Input strategy
>> No. 88824
[x] Run away.

No need for bonus points, we just want the main prize.
>> No. 88830
[x] Run away.
-[x] Taunt her, "If that's the case, I'd rather take up the challenge in a co-op battle. You've never competed on an extermination run, have you?"
-[x] Lord the fact that you'd teamed up with Yukari Yakumo's 'Border team' during previous incidents over her.
-[x] And hasn't she ever wanted to sample the reserves in Remilia's no doubt well-stocked wine cellar?
-[x] If Suika decides to accept the counter-challenge, a change of strategy is required: Shoot 'em all down!
-[x] If Suika does not accept, continue to flee while taunting her. With any luck you'll be able to use her to occupy any of the bosses you'll want to speed past.

Here we turn a roadblock into an overpass. Suika/Reimu for Shrine Team '09

Also the thought of the "EX boss" getting more than she bargained for when she runs into Flandre while ransacking their basement for alcohol makes me titter.
>> No. 88872
[x] Run away.
>> No. 88873
[x] Run away.

:>
>> No. 89045
File 124583149274.jpg - (138.70KB , 450x350 , 2f5b4405ad53255ce0dd1bbbf177d404.jpg ) [iqdb]
89045
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/439001/black_hair-chibi-fang-hair_ribbon-hakurei_reimu-ho

-----


I quickly jump up into the sky before Suika can wind up a punch at me, and she soon joins me. At this point she’s pretty much attempting to ram me, though the third dimension really helps me dodge. I drop the flight for a second and I’m out of range, or I fly up, or I dodge to the side…

“If that's the case, I'd rather take up the challenge in a co-op battle. You've never competed on an extermination run, have you?”

“No, and who cares! Stop dodging and take a hit, Reimu! And fire back!” Suika complains, obviously getting a bit mad at me not raising my gohei to defend myself with attacks.

“I’ve got better things to do!” I use my superior speed to get further and further from Suika, but then she tosses out another black orb and I get immediately sucked into it. Crap!

“Oh yeah, like what?”

“Like lording over the fact I teamed up with Yukari’s ‘border team’ during that stupid moon night!” Sigh. I should really work on this whole ‘talking people down’ thing. “And c’mon, extermination run!”

“I’ve already been in one with the whole underground spirit nuclear mind-reading WHATEVER!”

“But I did most of the work, and you helped! With Aya and Yukari, even!”

And then a punch meets my face. Dammit, I should really pay more attention when talking… maybe that’s why I didn’t do it be- oh hi ground, it’s nice to meet you again! Owfuckshit! I pick myself up while noticing Suika staring at me from just a few feet away. Nice to see she’s not that dirty of a fighter.

“Yeah, so what? It still counts, doesn’t it?” She’s frowning a bit, as if not satisfied. Maybe if I say one more – I got it!

“Hey, you know Remilia’s parties?” I raise my gohei to block some of her punches. Geeze, she’s persistent!

“Yeah, so what?” I dodge one of the punches and grab her shoulder, using that to help propel myself behind her.

“You like her wine?” I hop away from Suika, only for her gourd to hit me in the stomach. If this were a real fight, I’d probably be coughing blood and food by now… Still, it knocked a good chunk of my breath away. I hold up my hand to her as I stabilize my breathing…

“That cheap stuff?” She reaches into her pocket. Fuck, not a spellcard declaration!

“We-well…” I add with some difficulty, “Imagine how much better the real good stuff would be, hidden in her basement!” She stops before raising the card above her head, then walks over to me.

“What’re we wasting our time here for? Let’s go!” She reaches to take my hand, and pulls me close. “Want some liquid courage before we go?” She asks with a grin in her face.

[ ] Chug it down!
[ ] A little boost wouldn’t be bad.
[ ] Maybe I should save it for my victory party tonight…

Also, new strategy?
[ ] Yes. (Specify)
[ ] No, stick to a pacifist run. Convince Suika to hold back.

The watch…
[ ] Fiddle with it before continuing to the next stage
[ ] Just leave it alone
>> No. 89046
Wow, is she bipolar?

[X] A little boost wouldn’t be bad.

[X] No, stick to a pacifist run. Convince Suika to hold back.

[X] Just leave it alone
>> No. 89049
[x] A little boost wouldn’t be bad.

Humble miko shouldn't be picky about where she gets her calories. Alcohol is like liquid bread.

[x] No, stick to a pacifist run. Convince Suika to hold back.

This is a league game Smokey. There are rules.

[x] Check the time.

What else would you use a watch for?
>> No. 89050
[X] A little boost wouldn’t be bad.
[X] No, stick to a pacifist run. Convince Suika to hold back.
[X] Fiddle with it before continuing to the next stage

Need to examine all the options available, so watch fiddlin' is a-go.
>> No. 89062
>danbooru link
FYI, danbooru has an image search function, so you don't really need to link every image.

[X] A little boost wouldn’t be bad.
[X] No, stick to a pacifist run. Convince Suika to hold back.
[X] Fiddle with it before continuing to the next stage
>> No. 89168
File 12461574954.png - (74.51KB , 450x350 , ReimuWarudo.png ) [iqdb]
89168
>>89046

No, she isn't supposed to be. I just suck at writing drunks, especially one whose personality I don't have a grasp on quite yet.

-------------

Suika holds out the gourd up to the face, and I take it and take a swig without much thought. Then when I raise it for the next, I shake my head. “Not yet. Gotta concentrate. We’re gonna have to get by without shooting anyone down.”

“What?! Why? That’s half the fun!” She takes the gourd back and takes a swig, then wipes off her mouth with the back of her hand.

“Why not? It’s a challenge, and we should save our energy for what’s up ahead.”

“Aww…. ‘Kay. Let’s go!” She then takes off, but I reach out to grab her skirt and tug her down.

“One minute. Gotta check something out.” She tilts her head curiously as I reach down to pull out the watch from under my shirt. I open the lid and stare at the contents. There is a ring of little lines, and every five of them has some sort of symbol like I, V, and X, or combinations involving those and repetitions. The longest and thinnest line is moving around rapidly around the face with every click, while the second longest is pointing at something like VI or I/, which is at the right side of the clock. The top part has III, where the chain connects. The small hand is pointing at /III or VIII. Near the VI or I/ is a little +, with a very small needle in the center. It’s aligned with one of the… lines, pointing up at at the XII or IIX.

I run my finger along the watch while Suika takes a loooong drag from her gourd. Guess she’s getting impatient. Might as well see how this works… I run my finger around the edge until I find a button and I press it. Suddenly my chest feels constricted and I can’t breathe, and Suika begins to speak but it comes out really sloooowly and deep. She’s moving really slowly too. Even more strangely, the color of the world is really strange. My sleeves bare black and bluish, as is my skirt… Suika’s is also black and greenish and our skin are black like… black like… Just black! I take a few steps and I find that I’m going really quickly compared to Suika. However, just moving a small bit takes up a lot of my mana… my energy… I have to… Have to… I push the button with all my might and the world becomes normal once again. I nearly fall to the ground, but Suika manages to catch me.

“Reimu! Hey, you alright? How’d you get to move so fast, you were like a blur!”

“The watch is Sakuya’s….” I say tiredly. Suika sets me down on the ground and I stuff the watch back into my shirt.

“… How’d you get it?”

“I’m borrowing it. For real, not like Marisa’s…”


"Oh. 'Kay!"


Suika hands me the gourd once again, and I take a sip. After a small rest, I’m feeling better. Suika helps me up and we begin to fly… though I have to take her hand, considering I’m still going slower than her. Nevertheless, we start flying past the river the runs from my mountain to the village’s fields and then toward the lake. We encounter some trouble in the form of more youkai, but thankfully the flight over the village fields give us some respite. The patterns this time around are a bit harder, but still hardly worth breaking a sweat. As we approach the village gate on the way to the SDM, we run into a green and grey and white blur that passes by, leaving behind some ghostly danmaku. Still rather easy, though it seems like she’s not really aiming to hit us.

After passing the village, we run into a bunch of fairies wearing maid uniforms, many of whom are shouting like things like “SAKUYAAA WHERE ARE YOU?!” and “the mistress is gonna kill us!” Heh heh, silly fairies… I’d almost feel sorry for them, if it weren’t for the fact that they’re shooting at us out of habit! We dodge and weave in between them and fly past, only to have to deal with the fairies in the Misty Lake…. Or was it Scarlet Lake? Whichever! Flying past the pillars in the lake, where the mist gets rather thin, Suika and I can see a few people at the front of the gate, two of which look like they actually have names! There’s that blue fairy with a green hat, and that… red headed… Chinese girl… Whasshername? Orange? Something like that. Suika turns to look at me, and I look at her.

How to go about this…
[ ] Fly right in!
[ ] Sneak around!
[ ] Go in, danmaku blazing!
[ ] Stop and… ask to be let in!
>> No. 89171
I like it

[X] Stop and… ask to be let in!
[X] If you get any hostility, try to throw up barriers as you retreat.
>> No. 89176
[X] Stop and… ask to be let in!
[X] If you get any hostility, try to throw up barriers as you retreat.
>> No. 89186
>>89171 here

Barriers wouldn't count against us as far as pacifism goes, right?
>> No. 89195
>There’s that blue fairy with a green hat, and that… red headed… Chinese girl… Whasshername? Orange?

hahahahaha

[X] Stop and… ask to be let in!
[X] If you get any hostility, leave her for Suika to deal with; fly right in.

'Orange' vs. Watermelon
>> No. 89197
>>89186

Nope! Long as you don't cause direct damage, you're fine. If they slam so hard into a barrier that they get hurt, it doesn't count, either, as long as you telegraph your barrier's location well enough.
>> No. 89626
File 124643529949.jpg - (593.34KB , 1280x800 , 8604d2be735e8ff26779e60f7297d0ed.jpg ) [iqdb]
89626
Considering that this is a rather unusual extermination run, my regular strategies won’t work. Plus, you know, pacifist run, and the whole being drained thing. Stupid watch. I decide to wait and see, but Suika decides to go on ahead without me. Damn oni, having a mind of her own! I quickly follow her and we land on the edge of the shore, just beyond the soft lapping of the waves.

As we flew, I could see the gates to the mansion open and Orange stepped out, wearing her usual green Chinese dress. She was holding a plate of… oh my gods… is that ice cream cake?! Upon noticing the gate opening, the ice fairy hopped off the ground and fluttered (or would, if her wings actually moved) around the other, chattering: “It’s about time you showed up with my payment! It’s been sooo boring even with my friends visiting me and that maid hasn’t come back!”

“Yes, yes, I know. Sorry, Cirno.” She replies with a smile, lifting a hand up to sorta ruffle the other’s hair through the green hat with the character for dragon on it. So that’s her name, Cirno…? Huh. Orange then hands her the plate and fork and napkin, and Cirno lands on top of the wall and begins to chow down. Meiling turns and heads back inside, the gate closing behind her.

Suika flies up to sit next to Cirno. “Hey, how’re ya doin’?”

Cirno smiles up at Suika with some fluffy chocolate crumbs on her lips, and teeth. “Good good! I came to talk to her and stuff ‘cause she gets lonely I’m sure and she wanted to sleep during the day ‘cause she never sleeps in the night and…”

Suika giggles and pats her on the head. “Take a breath there, kiddo!”

“Hey! You don’t look older than I do!” To this Suika replied with a shrug, and Cirno stuffed some more cake into her mouth.

And then started talking again, not even bothering to swallow first. Yuck. “Anyways she said she’d have the mean maid give me some cake but she never showed up! So I got mad and she was woken by the pretty red hair girl came by and gestured and took her inside.”

I decide to walk toward the gate. Might as well not stand by myself. But if I have to hear her chattering… So I call out. “Hey, gate girl! Mind letting me up?

Cirno swallows her food, then looks down at me and nearly jumps with surprise. “You! Red-white! Stay there! I’m on my break, but when I’m done I’ll clobber you for being mean to me last time!”

“… You started that fight!”

“So?! I still have to prove who’s the strongest!”

Suika just laughs in amusement. Cirno turns to her, looking a bit peeved. “And don’t think I haven’t practiced my speed! I’ll beat you and then I can take you and you won’t have any friends to protect you!”

I shrug my shoulders and sigh. I fly up to the wall and sit beside Suika, who just smirks gives me a wink, and replies. “Yeah, yeah, I’d like to, but we’re actually invited by the vampire!”

“Oh really?” She asks, then calms down and shrugs. “I’m on break! Wait a minute!” She then quickly gobbles up her cake. And here I thought Marisa ate fast. Gotta remember this next time there’s Marisa wants to gamble.

While she finishes up with the last bits, I simply gaze out at the misty lake. Looks really nice… No wonder Remilia chose this spot.

“Okay! Ready!” Cirno says, standing up on the wall and looking intensely at us, arms akimbo, as wind dramatically blows. And then her hat just had to slide off to the side just a bit. She just growls, apparently feeling too prideful to drop her pose. Suika stands up and readjusts the hat for her. “Hmph!” Cirno crosses her arms, turning away with embarrassment. “Normally I’d just beat you two up, but since I’m doing a favor to her…” She hops off the wall, and flies back up with a piece of paper. “What’re your names?”

… Seriously? It’s been, what, twenty times already, and she still doesn’t remember my damned name?! Suika hands me the gourd and I sip. “Name’s Suika. She’s Reimu.”

“Suika… Su-i-ka… Reimu…Re-i-mu…” Her eyes scan the page and she scrunches her face in concentration. Finally. “Ah-hah! There’s a Reimu in here! But you gotta go through the gate!” She points to the gate and simply float on down, with Suika following. Cirno hops down to the ground, and pushes the gate open with hardly a grunt. My, I guess she is powerful… for her size. Still a brat, though. Suika gives her a very exaggerated bow, while I just force a smile and walk in. “I’m gonna beat you two next time, though!”

I sigh and rub my head, then look out at the front of the mansion. Rather large, no surprise there. Looks rather intact, too, so I guess Marisa hasn’t been here in a while. Haven’t seen her, either… She must be trying out some new magic stuff, I guess.

Suika immediately runs toward the front door. “Last one there’s a rotten egg!”

As for me….
[ ] Through the front door is as good as anything. I know a good amount of the layout anyways.
[ ] Search the grounds, maybe she’s outside?
[ ] Check the roof. Maybe she likes sunsets?
[ ] Come in through a side door, or a balcony. She’ll never see me coming!
[ ] Well, if Marisa hasn’t been around to cause needless property damage, it is up to me to provide myself with a DYNAMIC ENTRY! Through the window!
>> No. 89633
[X] Come in through a side door, or a balcony. She’ll never see me coming!
>> No. 89638
[x] Through the front door is as good as anything. I know a good amount of the layout anyways.

lazy~
>> No. 89677
[x] Come in through a side door, or a balcony. She’ll never see me coming!

In other news, Anonymaster likes cocks~
>> No. 89748
File 124676698448.jpg - (662.04KB , 1200x1300 , 4f2dcd29483226d78cea0a7ce8cbc832.jpg ) [iqdb]
89748
>>89677

Don't we all?

---------------

I briefly contemplate Suika’s challenge.
... Maybe another time. I’ll just take to the air and head to the… geeze, where’s Remilia’s room again? Well, I decide to fly over to one of the balconies over on the left of the house – the west wing, I think it was called… Western architecture is odd. I land on the middle balcony lightly. I take a moment to turn back and look down at the large grounds of the mansion. There are a few fairies – surprisingly not in maid uniforms – wandering around, watering the plants. Out in the distance I can see faint dots that I assume are Remilia’s other maids, looking for Sakuya. How long have they been searching for her? Ah well, doesn’t matter. At least they get to go out now, the poor things.

I turn to face the balcony’s large and fancy doors and walk toward them, going around the small table and chais, and I open them easily. Does Remilia feel so face as to not lock the doors? I walk past the thick curtains and it is too late before I realize that the room is occupied by a red eyed, red haired western-style demon with two pairs of wings (one on her head, the other on her back), a black vest, white shirt, red tie, and glasses, as well as a magician youkai with short blue hair, blue eyes, and simplistic and translucent robes. Both their faces are red, with the blue-haired human-like girl lying back on the bed, with her legs spread and the demon or… devil…. (the terminology is confusing) thrusting against her and I just decide to bolt past them before things get awkward. One of them screams out and starts firing ice and fire danmaku at me, thus forcing me to look back at them. Thankfully the shots aren’t really that intricate, so I can easily dodge them without having to take my feet off the ground. With a quick turn, I open up the door and jump out, slamming the door behind me to stop the danmaku from following out.

I lean back against the wall to catch my breath, taking the moment to look around .As usual, the hallways are impossibly long and wide and tall, but at least it lets me maneuver while flying. I take to the sky once again, heading to the corner to check out the doors there, but they’re locked. Attempting to read the presence of other people behind the doors reveals nothing, so I guess that no one’s in there. I try the other side of the hallway, but nothing much besides this one room with a fairy humming a song and cleaning up the room.

“Um… Hey.” I say, trying to get her attention.

“Can I help yo-?” She begins as she turns around to face me, but then freezes. “AAHIT’STHEREDWHITE!” She immediately proceeds to shoot out blue danmaku in my direction. Sure that I would not get much word about Remilia from her, I jump back out the door and slam it shut, then quickly make my way down the hallway.

As I pass by the door with the two… uh… lovebirds… I can hear some screaming of a different sort. Oi. I fly on past, of course, and try out the other doors, keeping my senses sharp to find someone, anyone. Man, this mansion is starting to seem to be quite... uh… abandoned with hardly anyone around. Did Remilia really seen practically every fairy out? After a bit I finally reach the main body of the mansion on the second floor and look out to the left (leading north), and to the right (leading south). Empty. I get a bad feeling and turn back, and I can see that the red-haired demoness is now flying toward me, waving with a sultry smile. Quite an afterglow…

Crap, what to do now.
[ ] Go left/north.
[ ] Go right/south.
[ ] Talk to the demoness
- [ ] Ask where her mistress is
- [ ] Ask where the mistress of the house is
- [ ] Ask to be shown around the house
- [ ] Ask to make out with her
>> No. 89749
[X] Talk to the demoness
- [X] Ask to make out with her
-- [X] As payment for her leading you to Remilia later

Awesome.
>> No. 89750
[x] Talk to the demoness
- [x] Demand she take you to the mistress of the house at once
-- [x] Or else you'll report things to the Bunbunmaru Newspaper

got no time for midbosses
>> No. 89751
[x] Talk to the demoness
- [x] Demand she take you to the mistress of the house at once
-- [x] Or else you'll report things to the Bunbunmaru Newspaper
>> No. 89756
[X] Talk to the demoness
- [X] Ask to make out with her
-- [X] As payment for her leading you to Remilia later
>> No. 89761
>Ask to make out with her as payment for her leading you to Remilia later
Making out with a succubus? We're the ones that should be paying her.

[X] Talk to the demoness.
- [X] Ask where the mistress of the house is
-- [X] Offer payment of a... physical nature first, followed by threatening to tell Aya if that doesn't work.
>> No. 89787
Wow, nice turnout.

I'd call the vote now and start writing, but unfortunately we have a tie for specifics. So if anyone can break the tie, that'd be good.

Unless you readers would rather go for the "make out or I'll sic the paparazzi on you" hybrid approach of the last vote.

If you vote and hang out in the IRC, please be sure to PM me or otherwise get my attention so I can notice it and get started ASAP.
>> No. 89795
>>89787

As >>89749, I suppose "accept my bribe of carnal pleasures or I will call in the paparazzi" works well enough. Just so long as we employ a seductive demeanor, of course.
>> No. 89806
File 124684261653.png - (26.99KB , 700x340 , 1b5e34f62aa7d3b93d22cf1f6c574fb8.png ) [iqdb]
89806
While on one hand I don’t think anything good can come from a demon (which are supposedly bad), on the other I’m not really considered an intruder to the mansion, so I just decide to walk up to her to meet her partway. She lands about ten feet away and walks, beaming quite a lot. Guess she’s in a good mood with what she did with… whoever that was. I wave to her and she returns the wave.

“Hey.”

She responds with a smile.

“Aren’t you Patchouli’s assistant?”

She nods.

“Good.” At this I start to notice that something’s slightly off. Maybe it’s just a subtle smell, or the way her eyes are flitting around to take in all my body. Mm… I find myself licking my lips. “Hey, I need something from you.”

She raises an eyebrow and then lifts up the sides of her skirt, bowing her head and bending her knees. What do they call this again…? Cutesy? Cutsy? Curtsy? One of those.

“I need you to take me to Remilia. I can’t find her.”

Her face lights up and she shakes her head.

“Why not?”

She starts gesturing with her hands like this and like that. I just stare at her, and she slumps a bit. She walks on ahead, going to the right to head south to the entrance of the mansion. Of course, I follow her. She slows her pace so she’s walking beside me, and her face starts shifting very quickly. Her hair becomes shorter and light-blue and her face paler with red eyes. With Remilia’s face, she pouts and then paces back and forth. Then her eyes become purple, the hair becomes longer and also violet, though the face is still rather pale, and she holds her hands in front of her, pressed against each other, and she turns her head slightly as if reading. Then she closes one eye and she presses her index and thumb against each other, making an O, with the other fingers moving along as if she was wrapping them around a…

My face heats up a bit, but then she places it against her right eye and looks up at the ceiling. Huh?

“So Remilia’s worried and Patchouli’s reading…” She nods as her face goes back to its normal shape. “… and something about… huh?”

The succubus sighs, but as we turn the corner we can run into that Orange girl from before. Or was it China? Either way, she’s wearing the bonnet that all maids wear, and her hair is tied back into a long ponytail. Maybe it’s my being a bait turned on… stupid sexy succubus… but she looks pretty cute too, with her well-toned body, and I think she’s gotten a tad darker from before. She seems to be mopping the floor rather quickly, but then she stops to look up at us.

“Hey,” I greet her.

“Oh, good evening miss Hakurei. I haven’t seen you come in.” She says respectfully. “Are you here to see mistress Remilia, or miss Patchouli?”

“Remilia. I asked her for help,” I point to the succubus, “but she says she doesn’t know. Probably.” She shakes her head to deny this. Whatever.

“Ah, well, you see, mistress Remilia said she is not to be disturbed this evening until Sakuya is found. Did you happen to see her earlier today?”

“Oh, yeah, saw her at the village.”

“... Is that it?”

“Yeah, pretty much.” I casually lie. Seems like she didn’t feel like arguing.

“I’m sorry, but I must return to my duty at hand. Please escort miss Hakurei out.” She says, looking a bit haggard before returning to her duties.

The succubus nods and steps very close to me, invading my personal space (not that I have personal space with Suika and Marisa and Yukari and…). I blush as she leans in and reaches for my arm, tugging me away.

“Uh, see ya.” I say, obviously having no intent to leave. After we walk over to the balcony overseeing the foyer to the mansion, I tap the demoness’s shoulders. She turns to look at me, tilting her head. I lean in close to her ear, licking my lips. “You sure you won’t tell me where she is, at least?”

She shakes her head.

“Are you really sure?”

She nods.


“Not even if I offered you my lips~?” I ask her, affecting the sexiest voice I could muster. I can feel her face heating up as she tries, desperately, to resist – and shakes her head. I frown, stepping away and looking down at the grand entrance to the mansion. “Well, if you insist, I can leave now and go tell the Bunbunmaru Newspaper about allll that’s going on in here. Like the maids being driven to death by their work, or how the higher level females plan to turn this into the Anal Seduction Mansion.” I grin.

The succubus stares at me for a moment as she blushes greatly.

“Think how mad Patchouli would be if the entirety of Gensoukyo thinks that she lets just anyone into her…” She bites her lip, still looking rather conflicted. I step closer to her and lean in to whisper one more. “You know, I’ve never kissed anyone before…” I try to step away, but then she grins, takes off her glasses and nearly tackles me, wrapping her arms around my back and pressing her chest against mine, our lips locking into a kiss. Warm… I return the kiss after my initial surprise. As we kiss, I can feel myself getting a bit weaker, so I reach out to push the succubus away. “Tha…that’s enough!” I pant for breath, my face as red as my robes. “Take me to her now!”

The succubus pouts with disappointment and walks down one of the two flights of stairs that curve around the room. I follow her down, licking my lips. What a strange taste… We end up outside, back where Suika came in. Wonder where she we-

BOOM!

… oh, guess she found Flandre. I smirk, waiting for the mansion to stop reverberating. The succubus looks back to the mansion with worry, but I wave it off. “Just a friend of mine. I’m sure they’ll be fine. Suika’s just looking for wine, anyways.” She laughs quietly and then takes to the air. I follow after her and we soon land on the flat portion of the roof. Over beside the clock “tower” jutting out of the roof are Patchouli and Remilia. By this point the sun has set, though a few orange rays can be seen in the western horizon. They appear to be fiddling with a contraption I think I saw back in Kourindou. Something that’s for looking at the stars, I think. Hm…

What now?
[ ] Sneak attack!
[ ] Formally challenge Remilia.
[ ] Go chat for a bit about non-fight related things
Additionally:
[ ] Show off Sakuya’s watch
[ ] Solicit donations
[ ] Deal with Patchouli first
[ ] Explain the reason behind wanting Sakuya
[ ] Say something to the succubus so she won’t be pouty
Strategy against Remilia,:
[ ] Pacifist strategy
[ ] Other strategy
>> No. 89808
[X] Go chat for a bit about non-fight related things

[X] Say something to the succubus so she won’t be pouty
- [X] "You and me, later. You can show me to your room next time."
-- [X] Cop a feel, and leave her with a hickey on her neck.
[X] Solicit donations
[X] Show off Sakuya’s watch
[X] Suggest that if Remi wants Sakuya back, she can come to your place to talk it over

[X] Pacifist strategy

"... oh yeah, by the way, I'm taking your maid and seducing your staff. Feel free to come talk to me about it. Anyway, later."

Not abandoning pacifist run just yet. Nor the chance to add Remi to our growing harem.
>> No. 89811
[X] Go chat for a bit about non-fight related things

[X] Say something to the succubus so she won’t be pouty
- [X] "You and me, later. You can show me to your room next time."
-- [X] Cop a feel, and leave her with a hickey on her neck.
[X] Solicit donations
[X] Show off Sakuya’s watch
[X] Suggest that if Remi wants Sakuya back, she can come to your place to talk it over

[X] Pacifist strategy
>> No. 89812
I love this Reimu

[X] Go chat for a bit about non-fight related things

[X] Say something to the succubus so she won’t be pouty
- [X] "You and me, later. You can show me to your room next time."
-- [X] Cop a feel, and leave her with a hickey on her neck.
[X] Solicit donations
[X] Show off Sakuya’s watch
[X] Suggest that if Remi wants Sakuya back, she can come to your place to talk it over
- [X] As a show of good faith you've left one of your own servants in her care: Suika is entertaining Flandre as you speak. Highly versatile, low maintenance, nigh indestructible, and especial useful if you're into hosting dinner parties.

[X] Pacifist strategy

A battalion of mini-Suikas could easily fill much of the space left by the time maid.
>> No. 89818
[x] Go chat for a bit about non-fight related things

[x] Say something to the succubus so she won’t be pouty
- [x] "You and me, later. You can show me to your room next time."
-- [x] Cop a feel, and leave her with a hickey on her neck.
[x] Solicit donations
[x] Show off Sakuya’s watch
[x] Suggest that if Remi wants Sakuya back, she can come to your place to talk it over
- [x] As a show of good faith you've left one of your own servants in her care: Suika is entertaining Flandre as you speak. Highly versatile, low maintenance, nigh indestructible, and especial useful if you're into hosting dinner parties.

[x] Pacifist strategy

Reimu's harem is going to be even bigger than Marisa's.
>> No. 90327
File 124743301755.jpg - (512.10KB , 700x525 , 0ebd660ea3d6e9454d385cd5ea3fbcb8.jpg ) [iqdb]
90327
I smile. Now this is my chance to tell Remilia what’s up, but my sight is distracted by the gorgeous form of the succubus next to me. That pouting.... Can’t really let her stay like that, can I?
“You and me, later. You can show me to your room next time,” I whisper in her ear and she smiles approvingly. Not content with a possibly short-lived smile, I lean in close to her neck and begin to kiss it. Mm, funny, I don’t feel like I’m being drained. I should test this out... I reach a hand out to grope her breasts, and she responds with a light moan, while I use the other arm to wrap her close. I cup one and begin to fiddle with it, all the while kissing and sucking and playing with her neck.

“Mmm....” she seems to murmur, her hands reaching to grope my ass. That feels kinda nice, actually. Soon, though, the passion wears out just a bit and we break away. I smile to her, face blushing a bit hot, and she seems to be the same... looks like I left a good mark on her neck for her to remember me by. My eyes wander down and see that her skirt has a bulge holding it a bit up... I quickly avert my eyes, take a breath to compose myself, and I walk toward the two youkai. It seems like Patchouli is talking.

“... ‘Because the things created required arrangement; and number is akin to arrangement; and, of all numbers, six is, by the laws of nature, the most productive: for of all the numbers, from the unit upwards, it is the first perfect one, being made equal to its pats, and being made complete by them; the number three being half of it, and the number two a third of it, and the unit a sixth of it, and, so to say, it is formed as to be both male and female, and is made up of the power of both natures; for in existing things the odd umber is male, and the even number is the female; accordingly, of odd numbers the first is the number three, and of even numbers the first is two, and the two numbers multiplied together make six.’ Who said this and in what context?”

“Oh, that’s easy,” replied Remilia. “That’s Philo of Alexandria, talking about why Yahweh took six days to create the world.” She smiles proudly. “You’ve talked about him plenty of times before. You do like your numerology.”

“Indeed. It’s heartening to think that you pay attention whenever I rant,” Patchouli says, becoming quiet and breathing quite hard. “Do you think... Meiling will...”

Remilia shook her head. “Nuh uh. This mansion is too big to finish cleaning up. She’ll report to me soon, anyways.”

I finally reach them and speak out. “Evening. How’re you two doing?”

“Bit worried...” Patchouli wheezes. “But fine.”

Remilia smiles up at me. “Worried, too. Glad you’re around, though.”

It’s obvious just what they’re worried about, but I’d rather hear about other things before I get into this subject. I stand beside Remilia, hand moving to my chest self-consciously. Are vampires good at spotting watches inside clothing? Hope not. “Ah... Well, what’s that?” I point to the metal object.

Patchouli starts to feel better, as she adjusts the device’s position after tugging back one of her long, purple sleeves. Does she ever change out of that thing? “This is a telescope, Reimu. It’s used for looking at stars and other celestial objects.” Called it! “You look through this part here...” she points at this part near the bottom of the telescope’s body that sticks out. “The reason I’m worried is that... well...” She looks to Remilia nervously, who nods, and Patchouli clears her throat. “Well. I found a new star in the sky. But it is not exactly a star.... It seems to be directly over Moriya shrine, at least from what I have noticed in the past week.”
>> No. 90330
File 124743309923.jpg - (18.29KB , 432x282 , MoriyaStar.jpg ) [iqdb]
90330
“How strange.” I mention. I look at Patchouli and she nods. I step forward and look into the telescope. The image is a bit blurry, but I suppose that is because of the sun just setting not even an hour ago. It looks vaguely like a triangle, with the bottom part being wide, but the top part extends past the point into two lines. It’s yellow, like how a star should be, but it seems to glow unevenly. How weird. “Do all stars look like this?”

“Not at all. I don’t think it can be one, but I am unsure of where to go for information about this, as it’s far too high in the sky for proper investigation to be feasible.”

I shrug. “Maybe the outside knows more about it.”

“Perhaps.”

“Hey, you two?”

“Yeah?” they answer all at once.

“How about some donations for your local shrine maiden?” I smile at them.

“I’m not in the mood,” Remilia says, looking a bit grumpy. “Plus I’m not one to support the gods.”

Patchouli stares at me for a moment band shakes her head. “I save my money to buy books.” She then stares off to the side as the succubus walks up. “Oh, there you are...” Her eyes trail down to the bulge in her skirt and she frowns. “Do put that away in the presence of a guest.” The succubus giggles, then gestures. Patchouli looks over to me, and then leans in to stare at her neck. “Ah... I see.”

I blush, looking away as Remilia grumbles. I take a breath, and then turn to the three. “You know, I went out to gather donations at the village today. They gave a lot.”

“Good for you,” Remilia replies curtly.

“And I saw Sakuya there.”

“Really?” She looks up at me with some interest.

“Yeah. And then...” I reach into my shirt and pull out Sakuya’s watch. Remilia’s eyes widen in surprise – as does Patchouli’s and her familiar’s – and she reaches up to get it.

“How’d you get that?! Was she hurt? What happened?!” She asks while I put the watch away. Her hand stiffens up and her fingers become sharp like claws. “I’ll gut whoever did that with my own hands!”

“Calm down, Remi,” I implore her. “She’s fine. She’s at the shrine, sleeping.”

Remilia lets out a sigh of relief and she relaxes. She looks at me with a smile. “I’ll go get her.”

“Tut tut.” I say, shaking my head. “She’s not coming back, not unless we talk it over at the shrine.”

“... What.”

I take a step away. “However, as a show of good faith, I’ve left one of my own here in the mansion.” As if right on cue, the mansion reverberates. “Suika is entertaining Flandre as we speak.”

What?

I take a second step away. “She’s highly versatile, low maintenance, nigh indestructible, and especially useful if you’re hosting dinner parties.”
What!

I a third step away. “Now, now, let’s just be reasonable... If you can’t make it today, there’s always tomorrow.”

Remilia turns slowly to me, her eyes glowing a fierce red. She stalks up to me. “Listen here you.... you...” She seethes with rage so much that she can’t even insult me! “I don’t know what’s up with you, bringing that blasted oni into my mansion, having her scare the shit out of my sister, and then taking away my precious maid... But you’re going to explain what you’re doing right here, and right now!”

Patchouli and her succubus quickly take the opportunity to pick up the telescope and the three-legged-stand it’s on and move it away before it could be destroyed. Patchouli looks at me with a disappointed frown when they get it close to the tower.

My gaze quickly falls back on Remilia. Uh oh...

[ ] Run away! Negotiations must be conducted in the shrine!
[ ] Negotiate now!
[ ] “It was a joke! It was a joke!”
[ ] Prepare to fight! Try to dodge everything.
[ ] Prepare to fight! Take the hits until she gets tired.
[ ] Prepare to fight! Forget this pacifist run crap.
>> No. 90340
[X] "Now, now, Remi. I've been nothing but cordial to you tonight, so you have no business being this rude."
[X] "As I said, you can come to the shrine if you want Sakuya back. I'm not the type to keep anyone there by force, least of all her; the only reason she's staying is... well, that's why I'm asking you to come to the shrine, isn't it? You can talk to her about it yourself."
[X] Give Remi a goodbye kiss.
- [X] A rather deep goodbye kiss. With tongue.
-- [X] Or failing that, at least blow her one.
[X] Run away! Negotiations must be conducted in the shrine!
- [X] Focus on escaping safely rather than speedily. She knows where you live, anyway.

I'm tempted to use Fantasy Heaven for a risk-free get-away, but even if we only use it for invulnerability, it feels like it's violating the nature of a Pacifist Run.

Slight modification to previous vote. Why break trend here?
>> No. 90346
[x] "Now, now, Remi. I've been nothing but cordial to you tonight, so you have no business being this rude."
[x] "As I said, you can come to the shrine if you want Sakuya back. I'm not the type to keep anyone there by force, least of all her; the only reason she's staying is... well, that's why I'm asking you to come to the shrine, isn't it? You can talk to her about it yourself."
[x] Give Remi a goodbye kiss.
- [x] A rather deep goodbye kiss. With tongue.
-- [x] Or failing that, at least blow her one.
[x] Run away! Negotiations must be conducted in the shrine!
- [x] Focus on escaping safely rather than speedily. She knows where you live, anyway.
>> No. 90362
[X] "Now, now, Remi. I've been nothing but cordial to you tonight, so you have no business being this rude."
[X] "As I said, you can come to the shrine if you want Sakuya back. I'm not the type to keep anyone there by force, least of all her; the only reason she's staying is... well, that's why I'm asking you to come to the shrine, isn't it? You can talk to her about it yourself."
[X] Give Remi a goodbye kiss.
- [X] A rather deep goodbye kiss. With tongue.
-- [X] Or failing that, at least blow her one.
[X] Run away! Negotiations must be conducted in the shrine!
- [X] Focus on escaping safely rather than speedily. She knows where you live, anyway.
>> No. 90365
[>>90340] ze
So awesome I voted backwards
>> No. 90427
How to French Kiss an Unwilling Vampire 101

[X] "Now, now, Remi. I've been nothing but cordial to you tonight, so you have no business being this rude. I'm not interested in stealing your workers or injuring your pride, but I have a duty to stand up for the humane treatment of humans in your employ. Servants are not thralls or slaves."
[X] "As I said, you can come to the shrine if you want Sakuya back. I'm not the type to keep anyone there by force, least of all her; the only reason she's staying is... well, that's why I'm asking you to come to the shrine, isn't it? You can talk to her about it yourself."
[X] "I mean, if I were lying or playing simply playing a joke, would I do this?"
- [X] Kiss her forcefully. Bite your tongue, allowing the blood to mix with a good bit of saliva, before slipping it into her mouth.
-- [X] "Now, it's a blood oath!"
[X] Run away! Negotiations must be conducted in the shrine!
- [X] "In the meantime take care of the oni! She'll become quite sedate once she's given access to your wine stores! Someone might want to let your sister know that, though."
- [X] Focus on escaping safely rather than speedily. She knows where you live, anyway.
- [X] If she starts firing at you, don't fire back: "I didn't fire on any of your servants earlier, despite their belligerence, so what's wrong with just talking?"

We'll effect some sort of compromise eventually. Sakuya can still work as the head maid of the mansion, she just won't be boarding there anymore.
>> No. 90694
File 12478494962.jpg - (236.39KB , 562x800 , 4a5b94e9cb3cd773ba44aa9efcee22c6.jpg ) [iqdb]
90694
Mmmm, certainly warms my heart to see such effort placed into the write-ins. Thank you, dear readers.

--------------------

Remilia jumps at me before I can properly formulate what I’m going to say to her, but thankfully I sidestep in time. She’s definitely angry, but I do not think she’s going all out yet. Possibly expecting me to announce my previous words as a joke. She lunges at me once again, but I foresee this and set up a barrier to block her attacks – it’s sturdy enough at the moment to take more than a few slashes from her hand-claws.

“Now, now, Remi. I’ve been nothing but cordial to you tonight, so you have no business being this rude.”

“Rude?!” she replies, adding more insult to the original one of taking her maid. “I’m not the one stealing someone else’s maid!”

“I’m not interesting in stealing your workers or injuring your pride, but I have to stand up for the humane treatment of humans in your employ.” Not wishing to strain my energy for now, I jump away from Remilia, floating a good distance despite making a standing leap. She holds her hands out at me, and her bat familiars start firing danmaku at me. I toss four amulets ahead and they glow, briefly creating a blue shield to block the shots before dissipating as their magic is used. “Servants are not thralls or slaves. Plus, I didn’t fire on your servants either, despite their belligerence, so what’s wrong with just talking?”

“Give her back!” Remilia quickly charges out toward me and I try to side step her, but she changes directions quickly and backhands me despite her height. Oh right... vampires can see in the dark, can’t they? I can’t. Shit. She quickly aims a kick at me, and my shin burns in pain before I suddenly sidestep briefly through the planar barrier, traveling through the divine realm, and appearing over near Patchouli.

“Hey, can I get a light here?” I ask quickly, not wishing to be at as much of a disadvantage as now.

Patchouli looks at me sternly, almost whispering under her breath. “I hope you know what you’re doing. Remi dislikes... these sorts of plots against herself.” She makes a gesture vaguely like wave to the tower behind her and the clock face in the tower behind her begins to brighten, allowing me a better view of the roof. Wouldn’t want to fall off now. Thank the gods for magic.

Remilia quickly glides toward me as Patchouli’s familiar squeaks nervously and seems to cradle the telescope in hopes of protecting it. “What, trying to turn my best friend against me too?!”

I decide to run toward Remilia and as she attempts to slam her hands down on me I slide underneath her small form. The vampire lands gracefully near the ground, then jumps up to hold herself against the roof. I quickly right myself, turning around to face Remilia, taking steps away. “As I said, come to the shrine if you want Sakuya back. I’m not one to keep anyone there by force, least of all her; the only reason she’s staying is... well...”

At that point Remilia launches herself at me much more swiftly than before. She grazes my side – not the good way - and I nearly go flying off the roof, but I manage to catch myself. “I don’t care why! Hand her back!” She jumps into the air and fires a hail of red needlelike danmaku at me. I let go of the roof and fly to the side to avoid them, but one of them snags against my arm.

“That’s why I’m asking you to come to the shrine... isn’t it?” At this point I’m actually starting to sweat! As much as I’d like to keep this going, however, I think I’m going to have to have her chase me back to the shrine... Quite a thick skull for such a small child. I start to head across the roof, back past the tower while keep my eyes on Remilia. Better to do this safely than swiftly. “You can talk to her about it yourself.”

“How do I know this isn’t a trap involving you and that gapbitch!” Remilia shouts out, holding her hands out to the side like that crucified saint... I can feel her gathering up energy, then presses her hands together, releasing glowing red bat-shaped danmaku toward me. I bring up my shield to block them, but then she’s suddenly right beside me – where my square and flat shield doesn’t protect – and suddenly launches me into the air, kicking up a bat-shaped danmaku to hit me with! Ow ow ow!

I land back on my feet, but Remilia practically teleports after me, aiming to butt me with her head while spinning and send me into the air, but I managed to pull out a barrier just before she connected. Even with the bloodless carnage of this battle, I’m still feeling a little frisky... plus I don’t think I’ll be able to escape too well from her. So I just wonder... as she swipes at me with her hand, I block using my gohei, though I make no attempt at injuring her. “Look, this isn’t a trap! I mean, if I were...” she swipes her feet at me, nearly toppling me over, but I manage to float away to keep my balance. “... lying to simply playing a joke, would I do this?” I bite my tongue as hard as I can. Remilia raises an eyebrow with interest, but then simply decides to take advantage of my attempt. She hits me in the gu- OW FUCK! BIT MY TONGUE!

I grunt in pain; at least now some blood’s coming out. I reach out to grab at Remilia with a hand, but she’s far too quick, moving behind me, grabbing me, and then launching me into the air. Feeling that I have no choice, I reach into my shirt, fumbling for the watch. As Remilia flies up to juggle me and I try to both regain my aerial balance and find that damn butt- oh here it is! I push it, and though I start to feel fatigued by the mana drain, the world suddenly slows down. I can see Remilia being a bit blurry as she heads up to try to reach me, though she moves at a rate rather similar to most other’s jumping abilities even with time slowed down. Oh wow... she doesn’t teleport, but rather just moves damn fast! Regardless, this affords me my opportunity, and I float to meet her, aligning myself to her body and reaching out to embrace her. I press myself against her for a kiss, but I can’t feel a thing... and opening her mouth would be a table here, so I press the button again to give me some relief.

When time returns to normal, Remilia finally reacts to my newfound position, and opens her mouth to gasp, which lets me press my tongue between those lips. We find ourselves falling to the ground – my embrace doesn’t let her use those wings to stay aloft, and I’m too tired to really carry her (admittedly very light) weight. Remilia cushions my land, though she bites down in anger and shock. Owww! But then she relaxes, wrapping her arms around me as I feel her tongue lapping against mine to get as much blood as possible. Isn’t she light eater...? Maybe... she didn’t eat yet?

Though I’m still very much in pain, I feel the desire well up within my loins again... I press my lips against Remilia in a proper kiss, rather than just an attempt to shove my tongue down her throat. She seems to return the affections, her tongue pressing through my teeth to get more blood... more. I rather enjoy this, but..... well... her skin. It’s too cool. Not that it’s actively cold, but... it’s like the surrounding temperature... like kissing a corpse. I suppose there are more flaws to being a vampire besides the sun thing... How couldn’t I have noticed this before? How odd...

We would have continued for a good while longer, if it weren’t for two pairs of steps coming toward us, one of them sounding rather... aroused, with the other voicing a loud ahem. We reluctantly break the intimate position we held, and I stand. I offer a hand to Remilia, who refuses and stands herself up with a blush all along her face. She then begins to readjust her hat and clothes, while I do the same. I look over to Patchouli, whose pale skin noticeably gives way to bright red flush. She coughs into her hand. “I take it that you two are done?” Again, she doesn’t seem so amused.
>> No. 90695
File 124784965745.jpg - (555.88KB , 650x912 , 8fd65d9da5c366ee2bdfa192fe8d775d.jpg ) [iqdb]
90695
“... Yeah.” I say, at the same time as Remilia says “yes”. I smile, placing the watch back into my shirt, then running my finger through a hole in my clothes. Sigh... I should really start sewing again, before I put myself into more debt with Rinnosuke. I glance over at Patchouli’s succubus, who seems to be rubbing herself through the fabric of her skirt, playing with the... I shudder at the thought of what that is down there... It’s her tail. I’m sure. Probably. Maybe. .... I’m still intrigued, though. I guess. Whatever! Point is she liked our little fight... maybe a little too.

Patchouli looks at the red-haired one and gives her... well... a look. “After we calm Flandre down, you can go visit your heat sink fairy.” She stops, seemingly pleased by those terms. Patchouli turns back to us. “Well?”

I look at Remilia and smile. “Now it’s a blood oath.”

“I suppose that I am no longer disinclined to acquiesce to the shrine maiden’s request,” Remilia states in the overly formal manner she adopts when embarrassed or miffed, also playing up her French accent. She looks to me, still blushing, but keeps enough nerve to not look away.

I smile and return the formal jab by adopting humbling speech, “I am most pleased you have decided to follow through on my suggested course of action. I can assure you that you will not regret this decision.” I then look over to Patchouli. “Coming along?”

Loud crunching noises came from below us. I think Suika’s using her giant form now... Patchouli, of course, shakes her head. “I will have to calm Flandre down.” She then looks at Remilia. “Remi, I’m sure her reasons are not frivolous.” Remi makes a noise of disapproval.

“Take care of Suika, okay? She’ll become quite sedate when she’s given access to your wine stores. Might want to let Flandre know that, though.”

Patchouli nods, then looking at Remilia remarks: “let us hope that one bottle will calm her down.” She and her assistant begin to float into the air, along with the telescope just a ways back to the clock tower.

Remilia calls out to her. “Be sure to recall the maids after Flandre has calmed down.” Patchouli nods, making a few gestures and chanting in the arcane language. I look above and see that the clouds have begun to gather. Certainly no coincidence, considering how often it has happened before.

Remilia and I wordlessly take off before the rain begins to fall. We pass through the Scarlet Lake. Or Misty Lake. Or just Lake. I can’t remember which came first... You’d like Scarlet Lake would be more recent, but I heard that the lake ran crimson with the blood of youkai and human alike, due to some ‘Devil’. But according to what I remember, that was before the Scarlet Devil Mansion came into Gensokyo; unfortunately, my memory’s a bit fuzzy. Hmm. That could be interesting to research later, regardless.

After passing through the lake, I notice something interesting on the ground. There are two youkai talking to each other. One is a misty blue, her skin almost like rippling water... and the other is rather orange, or red, or brownish... can’t really tell thank to only having the moon’s light to rely on. They seem to be arguing, judging from their humanlike body language. Ah well, not our problem.

It’s rather quiet... and there will be a few minutes until we arrive at the shrine. Maybe I should...
[ ] Talk to Remilia about something (Specify)
[ ] On second thought, don’t
>> No. 90697
[X] "Remi..."
[X] Slow down so that you're walking behind her, then wrap your arms around her as best you can. Draw a finger across her lips, slowly, and gently ease it into her mouth if she lets you.
[X] "You enjoyed that kiss, didn't you? Don't be shy, please, this is important..."
[X] Take your finger out of her mouth so that she can answer.
- [X] If she says yes, turn her head and give her another deep kiss before the two of you continue on your way to the shrine.
- [X] If she says no, then whisper your disappointment in her ear, and run your hands lightly over her body before separating from her. Do nothing more as you continue on to the shrine.
[X] Make sure not to let slip the reason why you're asking this.
- [X] That reason being, naturally, that you plan to have one of your terms for negotiations be allowing her join in on your future private time with Sakuya as a payment for letting the maid stay with you.

Reimu is well known for being impartial, and not having favorites. Therefore she should impartially be seducing every girl in Gensokyo.

Except Sakuya might be our favorite, just because.
>> No. 90700
>>heat sink fairy

Had this reference come at a different time, I would not have raged as hard as I did.

>>After passing through the lake, I notice something interesting on the ground. There are two youkai talking to each other. One is a misty blue, her skin almost like rippling water... and the other is rather orange, or red, or brownish... can’t really tell thank to only having the moon’s light to rely on. They seem to be arguing, judging from their humanlike body language. Ah well, not our problem.

Shizuha and Letty fighting over seasonal issues?
>> No. 90701
Writefag, this was an excellent update, and you should feel excellent for writing it.

>Except Sakuya might be our favorite, just because.

Primus inter pares.

Firstly though, we're flying. Second, I don't think the second part needs mentioning, considering how frank Reimu is being with our desires, and more importantly, we're not renting Sakuya like she's property: We'll ask her to stay, but she'll stay only if she wants to stay. There's plenty of time to visit the mansion for hanky-panky with the residents, since Sakuya would still be working there.

For this reason, I think we should be talking about with Remilia now is to come to a compromise, so that Sakuya doesn't feel like she's being forced to decide between two loyalties.

[X] "Remi..."
[X] Slow down so that you're flying above and behind her, then wrap your arms around her waist. Draw a finger across her lips, slowly, and gently ease it into her mouth if she lets you.
[X] "You enjoyed that kiss, didn't you? Don't be shy, please, this is important..."
[X] Take your finger out of her mouth so that she can answer.
- [X] If she says yes, spin her around by the shoulders, keeping her aloft and giving her another deep kiss before the two of you continue on your way to the shrine.
- [X] If she says no, then whisper your disappointment in her ear, and run your hands lightly over her body before separating from her.
[X] Before you'll both be in front of Sakuya, speak frankly with Remilia why you're involving her in this; you don't want to give the appearance that there is a conflict between her girlfriend and her mistress.
-[X] First of all, Sakuya is a human, yet she doesn't know how to live with other humans. She's silent every time she's in the village, said some disturbing things about interacting with them according to the Yama, and she only gives her time to the most powerful entities, not differentiating humans from youkai when she does. However, humans need to be around other humans to flourish: You know personally the pain of isolation, and you expect Remilia did at one point, which is why she became so upset when she thought you were taking Sakuya from her.
-[X] Second, you want to reassure Remilia that you are not taking Sakuya from her, nor is Sakuya willing to simply abandon her duties to Remilia. She enjoys her work. You want to see her happy, and you expect Remilia wants to see her happy too. However, what one might want at the moment is not always what makes one happy, and that goes for everyone--you, Sakuya, and Remilia.
-[X] Essentially, what you want to see is the bird leaving the nest, just for a while. Not so that she becomes a machine of self-sufficiency (you did have that machine maid, so you know how depressing that is to look at), but so she can adapt to different environments in the future without becoming unduly distressed.
-[X] Therefore, you'd have her reside at the shrine for a while and flying to work at the mansion on a daily basis. Of course she'll be allowed to use her watch when she's working or otherwise going out, but when she's at home you'll be taking it from her, so she can learn to budget her time like a normal human, sleep and relax like a normal human, with a normal human.
-[X] Of course, there should be nothing wrong Remilia visiting the shrine or you visiting the mansion, whether Sakuya is 'off the clock' or not. Tell her the anecdote Yukari related to you about employees on the Outside: Often after work they'll go to drinking parties with their bosses. It's apparently cathartic, since they're free to argue, complain, and insult each other without fear of consequence, they're that much more productive the next work day.
>> No. 90707
>>90701

Point. On the other hand, if you don't want to think of it as payment, think of it as... compensation. After all, if Sakuya is living at the shrine there may be times when Remi will want something in the middle of the night, and be unable to have it when she would have been able to obtain it easily before.

Alright, I'm just angling for a threesome with Remi and Sakuya. I suppose we can just seduce her normally though. The kiss question will become important just because we'll express a desire to have her join us and Sakuya for sex.
>> No. 90712
>>90707

>On the other hand, if you don't want to think of it as payment, think of it as... compensation. After all, if Sakuya is living at the shrine there may be times when Remi will want something in the middle of the night, and be unable to have it when she would have been able to obtain it easily before.

Compensation nothing. Sakuya isn't leased property, or a rented service. Remilia has to set standard working hours for the humans in her employ. Most countries have labor laws about that. Gensokyo only has Reimu. If she wants her to take the night shift, that's fine, if that's how it's normally going to be. A human's circadian rhythm, while flexible, does not take well to bursts of activity at a time when their biological clock is set to sleep mode.

Sakuya will have to be paid in the future, since she'll no longer be providing room and board. Otherwise, it's a case of simple slavery. And to let that happen to someone you care about would be unconscionable. Which is not to say Sakuya shouldn't indulge in her mistress' special request from time to time, but she should be getting the universal overtime pay of one-and-a-half the hourly rate.

Remember that Reimu's lifestyle is incredibly frugal. She knows how to scrape by. Sakuya however, will need to contribute to the household. Reimu of course has her own duties.

>Alright, I'm just angling for a threesome with Remi and Sakuya. I suppose we can just seduce her normally though.

I know you are, as am I, but I think we're already well on our way so far. It's important to stay inside the comfort zone though, since Remilia tends to get outraged easily.

>The kiss question will become important just because we'll express a desire to have her join us and Sakuya for sex.

Right. Even if she says no, because she's flustered, she'll still be turning the idea over and over in her head, which if all goes well would lead to her taking more initiative in such affairs in the future, to 'reassure' us that she does in fact like it.

However, I'd think you'd find much more effective strategies in maintaining a [i]ménage à trois[/i (as Remilia might say) in the long term--that is, involving yourself personally with the lives of two people who have their own maladaptive dynamic that prevents them from getting what they truly want from and for each other, as opposed to showing them you care about them, and you care about who they care about, becoming a source of trustworthy advice on how they could handle their problems with each other.

That, rather than simply blurting out, "Hey, I kidnapped your servant; wanna fuck?"
>> No. 90722
[X] "Remi..."
[X] Slow down so that you're flying above and behind her, then wrap your arms around her waist. Draw a finger across her lips, slowly, and gently ease it into her mouth if she lets you.
[X] "You enjoyed that kiss, didn't you? Don't be shy, please, this is important..."
[X] Take your finger out of her mouth so that she can answer.
- [X] If she says yes, spin her around by the shoulders, keeping her aloft and giving her another deep kiss before the two of you continue on your way to the shrine.
- [X] If she says no, then whisper your disappointment in her ear, and run your hands lightly over her body before separating from her.
[X] Before you'll both be in front of Sakuya, speak frankly with Remilia why you're involving her in this; you don't want to give the appearance that there is a conflict between her girlfriend and her mistress.
-[X] First of all, Sakuya is a human, yet she doesn't know how to live with other humans. She's silent every time she's in the village, said some disturbing things about interacting with them according to the Yama, and she only gives her time to the most powerful entities, not differentiating humans from youkai when she does. However, humans need to be around other humans to flourish: You know personally the pain of isolation, and you expect Remilia did at one point, which is why she became so upset when she thought you were taking Sakuya from her.
-[X] Second, you want to reassure Remilia that you are not taking Sakuya from her, nor is Sakuya willing to simply abandon her duties to Remilia. She enjoys her work. You want to see her happy, and you expect Remilia wants to see her happy too. However, what one might want at the moment is not always what makes one happy, and that goes for everyone--you, Sakuya, and Remilia.
-[X] Essentially, what you want to see is the bird leaving the nest, just for a while. Not so that she becomes a machine of self-sufficiency (you did have that machine maid, so you know how depressing that is to look at), but so she can adapt to different environments in the future without becoming unduly distressed.
-[X] Therefore, you'd have her reside at the shrine for a while and flying to work at the mansion on a daily basis. Of course she'll be allowed to use her watch when she's working or otherwise going out, but when she's at home you'll be taking it from her, so she can learn to budget her time like a normal human, sleep and relax like a normal human, with a normal human.
-[X] Of course, there should be nothing wrong Remilia visiting the shrine or you visiting the mansion, whether Sakuya is 'off the clock' or not. Tell her the anecdote Yukari related to you about employees on the Outside: Often after work they'll go to drinking parties with their bosses. It's apparently cathartic, since they're free to argue, complain, and insult each other without fear of consequence, they're that much more productive the next work day.
>> No. 90741
>>90700

Heh heh.

And no, it's not them. It's two of the youkai from IRC TAiG: lake and desert.

>>90701

Thank you.

Also, BRB. Heart attack from write in.

(That's a good thing, so don't delete it. Also, excellent discussion all around.)
>> No. 90742
>>90740

"First among equals". In other words, when our harem gets large enough to require its own government, Sakuya gets to be the queen.
>> No. 90747
[x] >>90701 , tempered with >>90712
>> No. 90995
File 124812614060.jpg - (199.65KB , 600x776 , 1247539138390.jpg ) [iqdb]
90995
Here, have something to tide you over until I get some free time this weekend to update.
>> No. 90997
>>90995

feels good man
>> No. 91327
File 124845961758.jpg - (112.24KB , 595x726 , bdb5d6dfa02c8ea3981d0f3303a84f2f.jpg ) [iqdb]
91327
This wall. My god.

-------------

Remilia and I continue to fly in silence until the gentle lapping of the lake’s waves no longer could be heard; I’m not sure about her, but I’m taking the moment to think about my proposal to her. Perhaps it would be better for her to know it in advance, so she wouldn’t just snatch Sakuya and leave in a huff. I’m not completely sure how I would do this, but I will figure it out as I go along. Mmm, I know how to go about this. But first... the feelings in my loins tempt me to ask about something, and I’ll start with that... after mentally willing the lingering pain in my tongue to stop. Is it still bleeding?

“Remi...” I call out to her as I slow my flight until I’m above her back and flapping wings - they only sleep to be flapping occasionally, so Remilia most definitely uses magic for flight. How ironic, for a winged being to be unable to fly by herself. I smile as she looks up at me.

“Hm?” Before she can turn around to have her belly face the sky, I lower myself and I wrap my arm around her waist. She smacks me on the sides of my head with a powerful flap of her wings. Ow. But to my surprise, she doesn’t do that again, apparently waiting for my response. I remove my right hand from the embrace and move up her torso, briefly brushing past her small... I smile in anticipation, letting out an excited breath against her neck. Drawing my finger across those small, soft lips, I slowly and gently ease it into her mouth. Opening it to voice a protest, it slips in and I can feel her teeth softly putting pressure on it.

“You enjoyed that kiss, didn’t you? Don’t be shy, please, this is important...” I feel her jaw open. She’s contemplating, relaxing in my half-embrace. Seeing a particular tree up ahead, I gently extend my floating magic to affect her being before moving us out of the way. I can feel the wetness (dampness?) of her tongue brush against my finger and though I like it, I move it out so she can speak clearly.

“And what if I did?” she asks. “Perhaps it was only because your blood was tasty.” I can see her smiling as she says that. Ever the coy one, hm Remilia? Let’s see about this, then... I soften the grip of my embrace around her waist, moving both hands up to her shoulders – pausing for a moment to make sure she doesn’t suddenly fall to the ground – and I spin her around, planting a deep kiss on her lips. Her arms wrap around me and she seems to want to force her tongue into my mouth. I let her and she laps at my still aching and bleeding tongue. Though the back of my mind continues to harp on about how strange it feels to be kissing somewhat not warmer than a corpse, my libido just ties it up and whips it until it shuts up.

Now that’s an image I’m not quite sure if I wa-

THUD! Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow OW FUCK that hurt! From the sounds of it we rammed into a tree bu- annddd now we’re falling, branch OW, branch OW, branch OW branch ow. Well, looks like I’m using Remilia as a cushion on this branch we landed o-

SNAP! Shit! After falling through a few more branches, we finally land on the ground. I stay still, closing my eyes and desperately trying to regain my breath, which was knocked out of me.

Finally, I hear Remilia’s voice: “you done catching your breath?”

I nod, whimpering out a “yeah...” I lift myself up, pushing my tongue against the roof of my mouth. Looks like Remilia chomped down on my tongue... Ow. I have some trouble standing up, but thankfully the vamp is quick to get on her feet, helping me stay up. Our eyes meet for a moment... and we burst out laughing. “Ca...can you believe it? Doing something so.... so...”

“Silly? Yeah!” She grins before continuing to laugh. “You oughta... oughta... ahahha... be more careful!”

“Me? What about you?!” We stop trading jabs for now and let our laughter wear out. Though my body hurts like hell, I think I’ll look back on this and laugh again. Looking around, it seems like we’re not far from the base of our mountain. How convenient. Remilia and I begin to walk over to the path leading up the mountain, having mutually decided to walk up. With a wave of my hand, I create a small glowing orb that hovers above us – though Remilia is just fine without much light, I still prefer not tripping on these stairs.

I take a small while to formulate my thoughts, and then I take a breath before speaking out. “Remi...”

She turns to look up at me with a fang-bearing smile. “You’re not going to flatter me for another kiss, are you?”

“As much as I’d love to, no...” I begin, feeling nervous. Normally, I don’t feel nervous... but I’ve never done this sort of thing before. “Before we’ll speak to Sakuya, I want to tell you why I’m doing this... all of this. So you won’t be surprised when you hear about it in front of her.”

Remilia tilts her head, frowning. “So you are planning something against me. Against us.”

I shake my head. “No. No... it’s not against you, Remi. I want to make things better... for everyone. But I should tell you this so there is no conflict between Sakuya’s mistress... and girlfriend.” My cheeks flush red at the last word... am I sure about using that word? I mean, we already did that, but... No, now’s not the time for self-doubt. I wouldn’t have gone this far...

Remilia’s frown remains, though she raises an eyebrow in interest. She chuckles at the last pronouncement. “Go on...”

“Well, first of all, Sakuya is a human, but she doesn’t know how to live with other humans. I mean, sure, her manners are impeccable, but she’s silent every time she’s in the village, mostly. She’s improved a bit since... well, a while ago, but she still doesn’t talk casually to other people, beyond the usual ‘hello’, ‘how are you?’, ‘nice weather, isn’t it?’, you know?”

Remilia nods, replying with an ‘mm’ to indicate that she’s still listening.

“According to the Yama, she said some disturbing things about interacting with them.”

“What would that be?”

“Only touching them with her knife.”

“Yeah, sounds about right.”

I do my best to push the thought of Sakuya as the mansion’s main cook out of my head. Vampires only suck blood, but to get enou- ENOUGH! Focus, Reimu, focus!
>> No. 91328
File 124845971641.jpg - (116.38KB , 620x877 , 1198307bf9afaf02a861508608227774.jpg ) [iqdb]
91328
“She also tends to only give her time to the powerful entities, hardly taking the difference between youkai and humans into account when it happens.”

“You, that witch, that other shrine maiden, the phoenix, and the teacher pretty might as well -be- youkai, you know.”

“If you say so.”

“I do.”

“Point is, humans need other humans to flourish. I know the pain of isolation, and you do too, judging from how upset you got when you thought I was taking her from you.”

“Yes, yes, well, she’s a very valuable serv-“

“Cut that out. I know it offended you personally, not professionally.”

“What would you know about isolation? You’ve had plenty of friends, like that witch, or that turtle.”

“I have lots of friends... or rather freeloaders...” I begin with a smile. “... right now. But for some time after my mother died, I was alone. Very alone and sad. Yes, I went to the village, but... I was alone in the shrine, until I caught Genjii. Anyways, I’m not taking Sakuya from you; she’s not going to abandon her duties to you.” I look to Remilia, seeing the uncertainty on her face. I try to improve her mood. “She enjoys your work.” She looks up at me, opening her mouth to speak, but I interrupt her. “If I was lying, you’d know. Apparently I’m terrible at that.” Her lips return to the neutral position. Not the best sign, but at least she isn’t feeling bad. “I want to see her happy; I know you do too.” She smiles as I add, “but, what one might want at the moment is not always what makes that person happy, and that goes for everyone – Sakuya, you, and even me.”

“What if what you want to make you happy isn’t the best for her?” she asks, incredulously, but without a hint of it being arguing for the sake of arguing.

“Then I will be glad to let her make her own decision. If she doesn’t want to do this, then she won’t; if she wants to leave after one day, two days, three days, a week, a month, then I won’t begrudge her for it.” I lean down to get close to Remilia. “After all, would I be friends with you if I didn’t hold a grudge?”

“I...” she begins, before shaking her head, “True.”

“What I want to see is her to leave the nest, at least for a while. It’s not so she can become a machine of self-sufficiently, like my machine maid. That was depressing to...” I pause. Wait, what am I saying? Machine maid...? Am I being literal, or just referring to someone my mother hir... Grr... I should check the shrine records. Stupid memory.

Remilia raises an eyebrow once again, incredulous. “A machine maid?”

“Don’t know. Must’ve not been thinking before my mouth moved.” I try to cover up my little fault in knowledge, laughing. Remilia shrugs and waits for me to continue. “Well, I want to make sure that Sakuya can thrive in any environment without becoming unduly stressed. Not just in battle – she can do that just fine – but just for living. I mean, what if Flandre manages to destroy the mansion? Where’ll you live?”

Remilia stared at me as if I was foretelling the downfall of her house, but she quickly shakes it off and puts on a condescending tone of voice. “Like my sister would ever do that! But since you mention it, it’ll probably be at the village, or at the shrine.”

“Yes, exactly. And if she doesn’t know how to handle things, she’ll end up getting grey hai- er, white hair!”

Remilia smirks, nodding. “I see what you mean.”

“Therefore, I want her to live at the shrine for a while; she can fly to the mansion daily. Of course, she can use her watch when she’s working or whatever, but when she’s home I’ll be taking it from her, so she can budget her time like a normal human, sleep and relax like a normal human, with a normal human.”

Remilia chuckles haughtily. “You’re hardly what I’d call normal.” I nod. Though I am a regular shrine maiden, so that counts for something, right? “Besides, looks like you’re gonna get something out of the deal more than I will. After all, it’s become obvious what a lustful, impure shrine maiden you are... Not to mention your desire for a maid in particular!” She places a hand next to her mouth and laughs. “Oh ho ho ho!”

I cringe, not merely because of her concerns, but also because of that laugh. “Mm, well...”

“After all, what if I want something from Sakuya at night? If she’s sleeping at night, then that means I can just go across the hall and bug her. Otherwise, I’ll have to come over here... and if she’s asleep during the day while I’m awake? It’s the same thing, only worse.”

“Well, I suppose she can always spare some time to ask her to come over, but that’s not really something that should happen often, regardless... And what’s this about if?”

“Well, my sleep cycles are however I please. Sometimes I’m awake like a human, and sometimes I’m awake like the youkai I am.”

“So this means...?”

“Sakuya doesn’t have a regular sleep schedule like you.”

“So what’s her schedule..?” I ask, more than a bit worried. Have things been worse than I thought?

“If I remember correctly, she tends to stay awake for twenty hours, followed by eight hours of sleep, plus another twenty hours...”

Shit! It takes all I have to just not yell at Remilia. “Wha... why would you two do that to her? Since when did this start?”

Remilia lifts up her hat with one hand while she runs a hand through her hair. “I’d have to say not long after when we met each other for the first time.”

I can feel pangs of guilt in my belly... just to think that I was indirectly a cause of this. But still... I didn’t ask them to do anything. “She needs to be more like a normal human, then.”
>> No. 91329
File 124845985551.jpg - (266.98KB , 600x600 , b2c704a018964f021d8bdc6de4b84f5e.jpg ) [iqdb]
91329
“Do go on, Reimu.” She replaces her hat.

“Um. Anyways. You can always visit us here in the shrine, like usual, or I can visit her, regardless of time, though I’d rather you not deprive us of sleep. It’s kinda like how things are in the outside world. Yukari told me that employees on the outside go to drinking parties with their bosses. It’s apparently cathartic, since they’re free to argue, complain and insult each other without fear of consequences, so they’re much more productive the next day.”

“Seems interesting, but hardly worth the bother to have her complain and insult me. Don’t you know how much trouble I’ve gone through to get her so...”

I level a steady glare at her, shutting her up. “While we’re at it, you’re going to have to pay her.”

“What?”

“You heard me. She isn’t working for room and board anymore, so you’ll have to pay her. She isn’t immortal, you know. Otherwise, it’s slavery.”

“So what if it is?” she asks defiantly.

I stop and Remilia takes a moment to react and stop, stepping up a few steps. She turns back to face me. “I don’t care where you’re from, but to treat someone like a slave in Gensoukyou... is unforgivable.”

She clenches a fist, steeling herself and glaring at me as if she were going to attack once bagain.

“Do you really think so little of Sakuya? And yet you value her so much as... as just property?”

“I.... I...” she begins, realizing her untenable position and looking away with shame. “No. I didn’t mean it like that. It’s just that... we only brought along so much money, but we also hardly have a way of getting that money back. It’s not like I have any vassals, or serfs, or sharecroppers.”

“Think of something, then. The moment the winds of change come will be the moment your house of cards falls.”

Remilia looks away, up at the moon hanging in the sky. “Mmf...”

“Understand, Remi, that I only want what’s best. I live frugally, donations only come at certain times of year, and I have to make do with what I have.” Speaking of which, I should totally work on my vegetable garden for late spring, and summer... and I should fletch more arrows for hunting. Ahahah... a shrine maiden, hunting. I’m glad that youkai aren’t organized enough to spread rumors all that well – or maybe they’re just afraid of spreading it. Not like I let them leave without being ‘exterminated’ if they spot me, anyways... “But I don’t think I’ll be able to support Sakuya. She has to contribute something, and I have my own duties to take care of that prevent me from getting a proper job.”

“Fine!” she exclaims in frustration. “I’ll figure something out! If Sakuya goes along with this.”

“She will.”

“We’ll see.”

“Also, I don’t suppose this is a good time to mention that you should pay Sakuya more if you’re going to wake her up at night so she can indulge your special requests, is it?”

“Not at all. Don’t push your luck.” How serious. She turns to continue upwards, but I reach out to take her hand.

“Remi, I need you to promise. Be honest about your feelings about this idea, but don’t order Sakuya, don’t imply any orders, and don’t use your fate ability. This is important for me.”

She turns to look at me, impassively.

“It’s so important that I even avoided fighting anyone. It’s important, but not to the point of hurting anyone. Please.”

Finally, she smiles and takes my hand in both of hers. “You gave me your blood oath, Reimu. Such nobility of spirit... I promise you that I will be fair about this.”

I smile in turn, feeling quite relieved. Seems like all that worry wasn’t really necessary... We continue walking up the stairs, nearly all the way up. “Oh, um, I’ve got a question.”

“Yeah?”

“Why’s my tongue still bleeding?”

“Vampire trait. I don’t quite get it myself. Ask Patchouli.”

I sigh, taking a moment to pray under my breath. Soon my wish is granted and my tongue stops bleeding and being a pain. I should have done this first. We walk the rest of the way in mostly silence, but when we finally reach the top, I notice that I have yet another visitor, not to mention that the shrine is shrouded in darkness – no one inside is awake. Clad in a white shirt with a matching red vest and skirt, holding an umbrella close to her, with green hair and eyes closed in sleepiness, hands on her lap along with other stuff I can’t really make out... Yuuka’s here.

Sigh. What to do about her...
[ ] Wake her up and deal with what she wants
[ ] Wake her up and ask her to come again when you’re not busy
[ ] Turn off the light orb and sneak past her.
[ ] Just walk right in right past her
[ ] Ask Remilia for advice

Sakuya’s probably asleep...
[ ] Wake her up and deal with things now
[ ] Let her sleep and have Remilia come tomorrow
[ ] Ask Remilia for advice
>> No. 91344
[X] Ah, that Yuuka is always off in her own little dreamland, isn't she?
- [X] Well, she didn't like it much the last time you tried waking her up. No go on waking her.
- [X] Wouldn't be nice to leave her stranded out here though, would it? Pick her up, bring her inside, and find a spare room for her to stay in for now.
- [X] Find her a futon, tuck her in, and give her a quick goodnight kiss. A real goodnight kiss - the short and sweet kind; you really don't want to wake her.

[X] As far as the Sakuya situation goes... well, you can leave this one up to Remilia. After all, she's the one being inconvenienced by all this, isn't she?
- [X] If she wants to deal with it now, then you should go ahead and wake up Sakuya; be nice about it though. She must be tired.
- [X] If she wants to deal with it tomorrow, offer her the chance to sleep here tonight in order to save her a little time.
-- [X] If she declines, you have a nice, long, deep farewell kiss for her.
-- [X] If she accepts, she has her choice of rooms... yours included. Embrace her and run your hands along her deliciously petite body, and stress that she's welcome to share a bed with you if she so desires.

I like lustful, impure Reimu quite a bit.

That aside, as curious as I am about what Yuuka wants, we have other potential business to take care of right now. At the same time, it just wouldn't be nice to leave her outside.
>> No. 91353
[X] Ah, that Yuuka is always off in her own little dreamland, isn't she?
- [X] Well, she didn't like it much the last time you tried waking her up. No go on waking her.
- [X] Wouldn't be nice to leave her stranded out here though, would it? Pick her up, bring her inside, and find a spare room for her to stay in for now.
- [X] Find her a futon, tuck her in, and give her a quick goodnight kiss. A real goodnight kiss - the short and sweet kind; you really don't want to wake her.

[X] As far as the Sakuya situation goes... well, you can leave this one up to Remilia. After all, she's the one being inconvenienced by all this, isn't she?
- [X] If she wants to deal with it now, then you should go ahead and wake up Sakuya; be nice about it though. She must be tired.
- [X] If she wants to deal with it tomorrow, offer her the chance to sleep here tonight in order to save her a little time.
-- [X] If she declines, you have a nice, long, deep farewell kiss for her.
-- [X] If she accepts, she has her choice of rooms... yours included. Embrace her and run your hands along her deliciously petite body, and stress that she's welcome to share a bed with you if she so desires.
>> No. 91370
God, this story is far more entertaining than I figured it would be. Just throwing that out there.

Not voting though. I'll let the others handle that.
>> No. 91401
[x] >>91344

>>91370
I know! Isn't it? That's exactly what I thought when I read it.
>> No. 91432
File 124853878758.jpg - (108.08KB , 700x611 , Remi Sakuya Yuka.jpg ) [iqdb]
91432
This is Yuuka here, guys.

So far it's been easy mode. A human, and a little girl who was once a human and lives with a human. Yuuka, however, is the youkai's youkai. In this chronology, where Ruukoto was acquired by Reimu's mother, we can only be sure of Reimu defeating Yuka once, in Lotus Land Story, which is presumably this generation's Reimu since she and Yuka have a conversation about it during PoFV during Yuka's route. Yuka also handily defeats Sakuya too here. Reimu doesn't encounter Yuka in her own route in any game aside from LLS.

For PoFV, like SWR, there's evidence that all its routes may be canonical, since Siki's scenario take place after Reimu (and every one else she fights in her scenario) had already defeated her. Plus we know Sakuya's conversation with Siki occurred in this continuity. What this means is that while Reimu has defeated Remilia, Sakuya, and Yuka, only Yuka has not been defeated more than once, and only Yuka is 1:1 with Reimu (Remilia is 1:2, Sakuya 1:3).

(As an aside, this generation's Reimu would have been around for Mystic Square, but according to ZUN, it was Yuka who won the Extra, and that she received the 'ultimate magic' as a result. So Reimu now might not even be able to defeat Yuka anymore.)

Now, she's polite, and if you don't get in her way, and you do what she expects of you, she'll stay polite.

However, if there is any offense to or antagonism toward her at all, from any party, including your (possibly jealous or haughty) guests, such that Yuuka takes it as a challenge? Then there will be blood. My God, will there be blood.

[x] Ah, that Yuuka is always off in her own little dreamland, isn't she?
- [x] Well, she didn't like it much the last time you tried waking her up. No-go on waking her.
- [X] Wouldn't be proper to leave a petitioner seeking sanctuary outside the shrine, even if it is a youkai. Bring her inside, find her a bedroll, and place her in a spot where she'll get lots of sun come morning.

[x] Find Chen. She should be sleeping wherever its warmest.
- [x] Ask her if Sakuya has awoken yet or if she's been asleep the whole time.
- [x] Tell her she did a good job in not letting Yuka inside while you were away. Ask if anyone else came by.
- [x] Tell Yuka is a guest for today, so she shouldn't disturb her.
- [x] Joke with Remilia privately that you've been picking up all kinds of 'strays' lately. Then tell her why Chen is really here.

[x] As far as the Sakuya situation goes, it depends on whether she's ready to do this now or if she still needs more sleep. Ask Remilia to wait outside the door.
- [x] If she's asleep, let her stay that way. It would be highly hypocritical to wake her for this just after stressing to Remilia how she should be allowed to rest as much as necessary. Tell Remilia it will have to wait until she's rested; in the meanwhile she's free to leave and you'll fetch her when that happens, or--if she's willing to entertain your hospitality--she could wait here. You could perform tea ceremony and talk about other things, and when she feels tired she's free to take any room in the house, even your own.
- [x] If she's awake and well rested, tell her you've been in negotiation with Remilia over her working conditions and may have extracted some concessions; tell her you did this both because you're concerned about humans' working under youkai as part of your job, but also because you care about her in a more personal and intimate sense, and now only moreso after talking to Remilia.
- [x] Whenever Sakuya is ready to talk to you and Remilia about it, she need only say so. You have her watch kept safe, since black-whites have a tendency to steal shiny objects, and the use of it is one of the things you wanted to talk about to her with Remilia about. Assure her that she'll have it back whenever she feels it's time for her to leave the shrine.
>> No. 91437
>>91432
>a little girl who was once a human and lives with a human.

Nitpicky, I know, but there's actually no evidence that Remi was ever human, and at least a hint or two that she's a natural born vampire.

On another note, I don't think we have to worry about anyone antagonizing Yuuka. None of the guests are that stupid, even if they are a bit proud.
>> No. 91438
>>91437
>Nitpicky, I know, but there's actually no evidence that Remi was ever human, and at least a hint or two that she's a natural born vampire.
'cept, you know, ZUN says vampires don't age. So that kinda screws with the 'being born a vampire' bit.
>> No. 91439
>>91438

Except Remi and Flan are blood siblings with a known canon age difference of five years, yet they are acknowledged in-universe to look exactly the same age. Either they were both born vampires and stopped aging at ten, or Remi was born, then Flan was born, then Remi was vampirized at ten, then for whatever reason it was a full five years before Flan was turned.
>> No. 91451
>>91437
>>91438
>>91439
Cite your sources.
>> No. 91454
>>91370
>>91401

Thank you very much.

Though now it makes me wonder just how many read without voting...

>>91432

Hm. Interesting. If only I had access to the endings of the games without having to play them. I try to incorporate what little I can, however. Also, I need to pay more attention to the PC-98 games. Thank you very much for your input.

>>91451

Some of the assumptions are reasonable for this story.

So far, here's what I could find with a cursory search.

>>91438

"Creatures of her kind forfeit their growth and maturity in exchange for eternal life. In other words, she can live forever because she never grows up."

http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Remilia

>>91439

"[H]er build and apparent age are similar to that of her older sister, Remilia."

http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Perfect_Memento:_Flandre_Scarlet

As a side note, I'm not writing yet, so feel free to add more input and votes.
>> No. 91455
>>91451
>>91439

http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Gensokyo

Run a search for 1503 A.D.
>> No. 91499
>>91454
>Thank you very much.
>Though now it makes me wonder just how many read without voting...

I'd like to add my own sentiments as to how enjoyable this story has been thus far, and I am indeed one of those people who has been reading this without voting. So +1 to the tally... and then -1 since I shall now change that:

[x] Ah, that Yuuka is always off in her own little dreamland, isn't she?
- [x] Well, she didn't like it much the last time you tried waking her up. No-go on waking her.
- [X] Wouldn't be proper to leave a petitioner seeking sanctuary outside the shrine, even if it is a youkai. Bring her inside, find her a bedroll, and place her in a spot where she'll get lots of sun come morning.

[x] Find Chen. She should be sleeping wherever its warmest.
- [x] Ask her if Sakuya has awoken yet or if she's been asleep the whole time.
- [x] Tell her she did a good job in not letting Yuka inside while you were away. Ask if anyone else came by.
- [x] Tell her Yuka is a guest for today, so she shouldn't disturb her.
- [x] Joke with Remilia privately that you've been picking up all kinds of 'strays' lately. Then tell her why Chen is really here.

On another note, I can't be the only person who's noticed how Reimu draws blanks every time we bring up something from the PC-98 series, despite the fact that she seemed familiar with Mima during the flashback-intro. It may not be terribly relevant at the moment, but I suspect it will soon become one of those plot-type things that like to get in the way of our harem gathering. That, or a brain tumor, in which case we should seduce Eirin post-haste!
>> No. 91924
>>91499

Thank you for voting and/or commenting. Hopefully it'll become a regular thing in the future, not just for you, but also everyone else in the woodwork.

Also, I'm stupid. Even though the option and opportunity for the following won't be available for two weeks if things go well, I feel like asking now, since my mind's wandering too much. Stupid insanely late listening to Touhou music and overactive imagination.

Which of the following would you readers be most interested in reading? Consider this to be an informal survey, rather than an actual vote. Also note the last two won't really be canon for this Gensokyo. They likely won't take up more than one update, so no worries about them detracting from the present day.

[ ] Reimu (靈夢 & young 霊夢) flashback, with Marisa, and Rin Satsuki
[ ] Remilia and Flandre flashback
[ ] Chinese youkai flashback
[ ] Hina flashback
[ ] Magical Girl Fiery Mokou
[ ] Gensokyo: Ruins

If by some chance more than one interests you, please list them in order of preference.
>> No. 91926
[x] Reimu (靈夢 & young 霊夢) flashback, with Marisa, and Rin Satsuki
[X] Chinese youkai flashback
[X] Hina flashback
>> No. 91927
[x] Reimu (靈夢 & young 霊夢) flashback, with Marisa, and Rin Satsuki

Holy shit this. Unexplored Touhou is unexplored.
>> No. 91934
[x] Reimu (靈夢 & young 霊夢) flashback, with Marisa, and Rin Satsuki
>> No. 92017
[ ] Remilia and Flandre flashback

Meh, I'm a SDM fan.
>> No. 92020
[ ] Hina flashback
>> No. 92055
[~] Magical Girl Fiery Mokou-tan
[z] Reimu (靈夢 & young 霊夢) flashback, with Marisa, and Rin Satsuki
[e] Hina flashback

It's Magical Girl Fiery Mokou-tan. It makes all the difference, trust me. I'm a scientist.
>> No. 92061
[x] Remilia and Flandre flashback
>> No. 92069
[x] Reimu (靈夢 & young 霊夢) flashback, with Marisa, and Rin Satsuki
[x] Remilia and Flandre flashback
[x] Hina flashback
[x] Gensokyo: Ruins

They pretty much all sound good, so walls, please.
>> No. 92109
[x] Remilia and Flandre flashback
>> No. 92126
[x] Magical Girl Fiery Mokou-tan
[x] Reimu (靈夢 & young 霊夢) flashback, with Marisa, and Rin Satsuki
[x] Chinese youkai flashback

>>92055
I heartily endorse your brand of science.
>> No. 92197
Wow... new record number of votes. That’s good.

I’ve decided to tally the votes up, with the first choice being worth 6 points, the second 5, and so on until the sixth gets 1 point. With that in mind, the Reimu flashback won by a great amount. As such, when the time comes, I will not prompt for a choice. Funny thing is that the points all add to 100 too, so... Yeah. Here are the results:

Reimu: 34
Remilia: 23
Chinese youkai: 10
Hina: 18
Mokou-tan: 12
Ruin: 3

I've started on writing. I hope to post tomorrow, time willing.
>> No. 92200
>>92197

hooray!
>> No. 92233
Okay, it appears that one of the side effects of Lie Juice appears to be making people easily distractable. My apologies once again. However, it should be noted that I do have about four pages done so far on Word with 12 point font, so I'm about halfway done.

Girls are paused, please wait warmly~
>> No. 92236
>>92233

Hooray!
>> No. 92609
File 124977931062.jpg - (546.01KB , 800x1130 , 158454693b18ddcbae87a5c3f7db9bfe.jpg ) [iqdb]
92609
Greatest of apologies for the two week delay.

-----

Yuuka, Yuuka, one of the most powerful youkai in all of Gensokyo, older than even the establishment of this shrine. Maybe. I never quite bothered to ask. She’s always off in her little dreamland, isn’t she? Well, not really... haven’t met her that much, usually, but... Well. She didn’t like it that much when I tried waking her up last time. I think. Maybe? Ugh, I’m such an airhead today. Better not wake her all the same.

“Reimu?” I can hear a voice beside me. I look over to Remilia. “You’re either spacing out, imagining her naked, or soiling your robes. Or all of them. Now stoppit.”

“I... I wasn’t imagining her naked!” I exclaim defensively, blushing. Well, now I am. Damn.

Remilia shakes her head with a smirk. “Whatever. Let’s move on. I’ll let you take care of her.”

How dependable. We walk toward the shrine and though Remilia doesn’t seem to care much about Yuuka’s presence, she’s still making less noise than I am with her footsteps. Damn vampires. I stop beside Yuuka and look at her. It appears that she really is all flesh instead of plant... Isn’t she supposed to be a flower youkai? Or is she supposed to simply be youkai with plant powers? I forget. I gently reach under her legs with one hand and hold her back up with the other, slowly lifting her with a bit of strain. Certainly, I’ve been said to be rather athletic, but still, Yuuka is much taller than me, and to make sure I don’t wake her up...
With a soft grunt, I take her inside the shrine, pausing to take off my sandals. Remilia is already inside, lighting up a candle with a few words. I give her a thankful smile and whisper to her – her hearing is well enough to catch it. “Could you get me a futon and bring it to the eastern room?”

“What do I look like, your servant?” She replies, though I’m not quite sure if she’s joking or not.

I reply with a smile, “a friend.”

Her lips curl into a similar smile in response and she walks off to my bedroom; I in turn head off to the east. Hmmm, since it is spring, I suppose the sun will come up a bit early... Then again, considering I don’t wake up much later than that, I’m sure I’ll be fine. I sit myself down and lay Yuuka’s head in my lap. She looks so serene, so wonderful like this. Almost makes me want to...

WROAAAWR!

Oh fuck! Chen! I gently try to squeeze out from underneath Yuuka, but she begins to stir. If she wakes up, with us like this, I’ll have to... I reach into my robes and pull out the watch, pressing the button and focusing all my energy into it. Time begins to slow down around me and I use this opportunity to squeeze out from underneath Yuuka. Unfortunately, I lack anything soft to place her head on, and I don’t exactly have Sakuya’s luxury with completely stopping time, so I just use what’s on hand, or rather on arms: my detached sleeves. I pull off the right one, then the left one, bundle them up together, and place them underneath Yuuka’s head. They seem to be good enough for now. Good thing, too, or else I would have had to use my red robes and that... would be embarrassing, though oddly... mm... better not go there.

Pushing aside my lustful thoughts, I make my way to where they should be and I find quite the sight, grinning despite my worried state of mind. I see that Remilia has walked through the doorway into my room, and I see Chen, looking rather panicked, pouncing and hitting her in the face with what appears to be a very thick, very obviously-from-the-outside, very red glove with no fingers. Of course, this was going in slow-motion, and I couldn’t keep it much up longer, so I make my way over to the doorway and turn time back to its normal pace. Wow, I’m getting used to this, even as I feel like I’ll pass out any moment now.

Once time is back to normal, I see that the blow was strong enough for Remilia to fall over, stunned, while Chen looks over at me with a proud and nervous smile. Don’t ask me how she does that. As Remilia gets up and levels her glare at Chen, I quickly set up a barrier... on the doorway, so the room becomes soundproof, or at least so the sound is dampened enough to not wake them up.

“Why you little...!” Remilia begins, standing herself up and not bothering to rub where she was hit, I think I see hints of a bruise forming... had to tell with only light from the other room coming in.

“Nya! I was just defending the shrine!” she replies, steeling herself and brandishing those red gloves, though she’s shaking.

“Both of you, cut it out,” I interrupt before things get out of hand. “Chen, you did a good job defending the shrine.”

“Thanks!” she exclaims with a smile before clamping a gloved hand over her mouth. Seems like she remembered about Sakuya.

“But Remilia here is a guest, so don’t do that again.”

“Y-yes, sorry!” Again, spoken before clamping the other hand over her mouth.

“You did well to keep Yuuka out, Chen.” I look over at Remilia and plead silently for her to not start anything. She crosses her arms, looking away with a “hmph!” and a pout.

“U-uh, well, I just hid when she called and...” she begins to confess, but I shrug.

“Not the point. Did anyone else come by? How’s Sakuya?”

She shakes her head. “No one, really. She’s been asleep the whole time.” She looks over at Remilia before walking over to her. “Umm. Sorry. Didn’t mean to hit you...” She bows a few times.

Remilia sigh. “Well, my honor usually demands that I exact immediate vengeance, but I think I’ll put it off... considering how much fun it was playing with you during the winter-festival.”

Chen smiles. “Hooray!”

Remilia shrugs. “You owe me, though.”

Chen’s ears droop. I sigh and dispel my sound-dampener. “Chen, if you’re still sleepy, go back to bed.” She nods, walking off.

“Oh, wait.” I say as a thought comes into my mind.

“Nya?”

“What are those things on your hands...? Paws...? Whatever you call those.”

“Boxing gloves,” she replies as she holds them out to me. I can see that one seems to have a modern day hammer on it, while the other has a sickle, both yellow. “You use them to punch people but so the punches won’t hurt.”

“Ah...” I nod. Do people in the outside like to punch each other a lot? I’ll try to ask the next outsider I see. I go over to retrieve my futon and a pillow and head out with Remilia. I whisper to her, “You know, I’ve been picking up a lot of strays lately.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. First your dog, then the cat, and finally a stray flower.” I smile, stopping before we enter Yuuka’s room.

“Quite interesting. Perhaps it’s an incident. Oh dear, you should go out right now to solve it.”

I gently nudge her with my elbow. “Oh shush. I’m pretty tired as is. Plus, she’s really here ‘cause Ran and Yukari got into a fight.”

“Did she say why?”

“Danced around the issue.”

“It’s going to be important later, you know.”
>> No. 92610
File 124977937794.jpg - (56.14KB , 400x800 , 5c787939da5fb5a8eed52a5ca11cae49.jpg ) [iqdb]
92610
“Probably.” As we finish talking, I step in and quickly move to Yuuka, lifting her up with a muttered prayer that creates a barrier underneath her. I roll out the futon and set her gently on top of it. I lift her head gingerly and place the pillow underneath it. For a moment she seems to stir, but then she sleeps again. I notice a purse on her lap and I carefully take it, examining it. It’s a dark red, not unlike those boxing gloves, and has a yellow flower on it. I also take the umbrella and place the two objects on the nearby, low-lying table. Turning back to make sure that Yuuka is comfortable, I realize she doesn’t have a blanket. I quickly try to make my way to the other room, but then Remilia holds out the light sheet. Huh. I should really pay more attention... I take the blanket from her and walk over back to the futon, laying the sheet down upon her and tucking her in as well as I could without disturbing her again. It’s so odd to see her in such peace... her slow, rhythmic breathing... her lips the ones who stole my own purity, or a part of it... makes me want to...

Remilia rolls her eyes at me, whispering. “Hey. Cut that out, or else you’ll doom us all.”

Feh. Right, right. Instead, I opt to bring my lips to her forehead, giving her a short and sweet good night kiss. “Good night, Yuuka.” She’s warm. I get up and walk away with Remilia, heading back to the entrance, and then I led her to the room with Sakuya. Opening the door, I let Remilia peek in. I whisper to her, “See? She’s fine.”

Remilia nods, looking at me with a question evident on her face.

“It’s your choice whether to wake her up or not. But, since she’s asleep, it’d be best to...”

“I know. I’m not that cruel. We can deal with this in the morning or evening.”

“I’ll call you. Or if you’d like, I can always entertain you...” I can’t help but yawn partly through my offer. “We can always play some games like chess or go or Chinese checkers... or there’s the tea ceremony... and if you’re tired, you can stay in any room in the house.”

“Any...?” She asks with a sly grin on her face.

“Even mine.”

She smiles, baring her fangs. “As tempted as that sounds...” she begins to walk away to leave the shrine. I quietly close the sliding door and walk out behind her, slipping on my sandals. Remilia stops some way along the path to the slope, turning around to face me. “... I’ll have to pass. I just woke up, you see, and so I’m not sleepy at all. You, however, look pretty beat up. I mean, did you notice that you scraped your nose when you hit that tree? Quite frankly, you need to patch your wounds up before you end up getting infections.”

I walk toward her with a shrug. “I’ll be fine. Got some alcohol in the back.”

“Of course you do.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Nothing, nothing.” She smiles.

I roll my eyes. “You really ought to cut that out.”

“Cut what out?”

I sigh. “Whatever.” I reach out for Remilia’s chin, attempting to lift her head up as I lean in close.

“Not even asking for the kiss? Where are your manners, Reimu?” she teases, a fanged smile materializes on her face.
.
“Oh, forgive me, dear mistress, for daring to give you a good night kiss.” Hooray for sarcasm.

“Apology accepted,” she says with a grin and I lean in to kiss her lips for the third time this evening. Though I’m tired, I at least manage to keep the kiss going long and deep. I hear the snapping of a few twigs nearby. Must be just a raccoon.

We pull away and Remilia smiled. “Well, since you’ll be having Sakuya for a long time... Take care of her. Or else I’ll add you to my collection of servants. Always wanted a lovely Japanese girl, you know.” She grins; I can’t tell whether she’s serious or not about that last threat.

“Sorry to disappoint you, but you’ll not be having any Japanese servants while I’m around.”

Remilia shrugs. “Suit yourself.” She turns and walks toward the stairs when a voice from behind a nearby tree calls out.

“Mistress Remilia!”

Remilia pauses, looking over to the source of the voice – so do I, as well.

Oh look, it’s none other than that gate guard. She looks a bit ragged (who wouldn’t be if they had to come between Flandre and Suika?) but not that worse for the wear. Her cheeks are red; did she see us kiss? She steps forward to Remilia.

“Well, well, this is always just like you, Meiling, following the exact letter of my commands even though it ends up causing trouble.”

“My apologies, mistress, but you did order me to report to you. Unfortunately, I was a bit late due to having to help lady Patchouli stop the battle and having to fly all the way here...”

“And because you were spying, weren’t you?” The guard flinches, but says nothing. “Well, what’s your report?”

“Ah, well, the damage to the main basement and the grand foyer are the worst, but they seem repairable. I did not, however, manage to finish cleaning up the mansion, despite the best efforts of the few fairies you let stay and myself.”

“Any injuries to the fairies?”

“Ah, well, Flandre’s end-of-the-week fairy got quite a shock from some stray danmaku, but she’s otherwise fine.”

“Hm. Well. That is good. Let us go ba-“

“If it’s alright if you, I would like to take a moment to speak to miss Hakurei alone.”

Remilia turns to look at me. I shrug, though I have a strange feeling from how her servant pronounced my name. She looks back to the gatekeeper and shrugs. “It’s fine with me. Don’t take too long, alright?”

Meiling bows. “Thank you.”

The vampire girl nods and stretches out her wings, taking off to the air, heading back to the mansion. I turn to the well-endowed (though not quite as well endowed as Yukari or Kanako...) Chinese woman, who looks at me suspiciously before getting into a combat stance, bringing one foot behind her, her hands clenching into fists.

“I challenge you, Reimu! I won’t let you take Sakuya from me- er, us!”

I stare at her for a moment. How could this be? I mean, I already finished with Remilia, so that would maybe only leave Sakuya as the EX boss... Lesse...

Suika, first. Pretty weird, but fine.
That ice fairy second. Nothing new.
Flandre...?! I didn’t fight her, but I would have if I went through the front, so that makes her third?
Then there’s Patchouli... unless her succubus was meant to be the fourth?
Remilia makes five, anyways, as Patchy wasn’t exactly in the mood to fight...
So that makes her sixth?!
Ah, fuck.

[ ] Screw this, I’m heading to bed.
[ ] Maybe tomorrow...
[ ] Might as well do this now. Sigh.
[ ] Perhaps an explanation is in order.

What was her name again?
[ ] China
[ ] Orange
[ ] Meiling
[ ] Maybe I should just ask her already.

Strategy
[ ] Best to stick with blocking and avoiding
[ ] Just take the hits until she gets tired
[ ] Screw this. I already won Sakuya. Fight!
>> No. 92616
[X] Perhaps an explanation is in order.
- [X] Essentially what you told Remilia. You're not forcing Sakuya to stay here, after all.
[X] Meiling
[X] Do try to avoid fighting.
- [X] Best to stick with blocking and avoiding if you have to.
- [X] She should know that it's meaningless to fight you on uneven terms. Challenging you when you're tired? Disgraceful!
- [X] If she's that insistent on a battle, there's always another form of competition for you two. Considering what you and Sakuya will be doing nearly every night now... mmm, well she would have to be at least as good at you at satisfying Sakuya. Let Sakuya serve as the judge for that sort of competition, of course...
-- [X] Unless Meiling would prefer not to let Sakuya know about all this? You'd be happy to give her a one-on-one match on the bedsheets, if that's the case...

Delicious, impure fighting tactics.
>> No. 92619
[X] Perhaps an explanation is in order.
- [X] Essentially what you told Remilia. You're not forcing Sakuya to stay here, after all.
[X] Meiling
[X] Do try to avoid fighting.
- [X] Best to stick with blocking and avoiding if you have to.
- [X] She should know that it's meaningless to fight you on uneven terms. Challenging you when you're tired? Disgraceful!
- [X] If she's that insistent on a battle, there's always another form of competition for you two. Considering what you and Sakuya will be doing nearly every night now... mmm, well she would have to be at least as good at you at satisfying Sakuya. Let Sakuya serve as the judge for that sort of competition, of course...
-- [X] Unless Meiling would prefer not to let Sakuya know about all this? You'd be happy to give her a one-on-one match on the bedsheets, if that's the case...
>> No. 92628
[ze] >>92616
>> No. 92632
File 124979715090.jpg - (948.82KB , 1000x1000 , red is an auspicious color.jpg ) [iqdb]
92632
[x] Perhaps an explanation is in order.
-[x] Essentially what you told Remilia. You're not forcing Sakuya to stay here, after all.
-[x] Her challenge is invalid as it relies on the tacit assumption that a human could 'belong' to a youkai, and that's just not how things work in Gensokyo.
-[x] Kindly inform her that in fact such a thing would constitute an egregious offense to the common human interest, and the threat of which is grounds for extermination.

>What was her name again?
[x] Orange. Doesn't matter if she tells you otherwise; it's definitely 'Orange'.

>Strategy
[x] No spell card rules. No danmaku. Divine power only. Final destination.
-[x] The usual methods, and if that doesn't work...
-[x] Suddenly, Yin-Yang Orbs. Thousands of them.

You'll create one hell of a mess, but it sounds like someone needs the fear of the gods put into them.
>> No. 92638
>>92616

This.

But it's kinda weird seeing certain things get altered like Sakuya living outside of the SDM? (Her utter dedication to Remilia is a major character point with her) That'll take time to get used to, but the story is very nice otherwise.
>> No. 92655
>>92632

And I second this gentleman.
[X]>>99632
>> No. 92657
[X]>>92632

thirded
>> No. 92665
>>92632

Oh, chill out. She just doesn't understand the situation.

Besides which, it would be a very bad idea to ignore the spell card rules. Reimu invented and instituted them herself for the express purpose of making incidents easier both to create and to resolve, and because it allowed youkai to battle her without fear of killing her; obviously they have a reason not to lethally harm Reimu, as that would destroy Gensokyo, but that implicitly acknowledges that killing her is a real possibility. Further than that, the original draft of the Spell Card rules was written on the same piece of paper as the contract that the youkai signed to abide by it - if you ignore the spell card rules, you're violating a magical contract, and in a fantasy land like Gensokyo that's just stupid.

tl;dr Reimu is the one who created the spell card rules, and she did it for a reason.
>> No. 92666
[X] Perhaps an explanation is in order.
- [X] Essentially what you told Remilia. You're not forcing Sakuya to stay here, after all.
[X] Meiling
[X] Do try to avoid fighting.
- [X] Best to stick with blocking and avoiding if you have to.
- [X] She should know that it's meaningless to fight you on uneven terms. Challenging you when you're tired? Disgraceful!
- [X] If she's that insistent on a battle, there's always another form of competition for you two. Considering what you and Sakuya will be doing nearly every night now... mmm, well she would have to be at least as good at you at satisfying Sakuya. Let Sakuya serve as the judge for that sort of competition, of course...
-- [X] Unless Meiling would prefer not to let Sakuya know about all this? You'd be happy to give her a one-on-one match on the bedsheets, if that's the case...
>> No. 92667
>>92632

Just no, that's out of style for this story's Reimu, she's a lover not a fighter. And there's sexier ways to best someone than in combat.
>> No. 92700
>>92665

But she fought VIVIT without using spell card rules, so yeah!
>> No. 92739
>>92700

I don't think any encounter with a Touhou in Seihou really counts as canon, it's more of a cameo.
>> No. 92752
But wasn't Reimu also the one who went out to really kill youkai before the danmaku system came up?
>> No. 92753
>>92752
This is why you don't hear about most PC-98 characters anymore.
>> No. 92755
>>92752

Yeah, but she obviously didn't think it was the best way to go about things.

That, and the fact PC-98 Reimu seems to be this Reimu's mother, so yeah.
>> No. 92774
>I don't think any encounter with a Touhou in Seihou really counts as canon, it's more of a cameo.

The dialogue was written by ZUN; it's canon.

Unless you want to say "youkai moe" isn't canon, in which case good luck to you and don't let the dual spark hit you in the ass on your way out.
>> No. 92775
>>92774

Sometimes cameos have the original creator on board as to ensure the character's accurate, and there's no reference in Touhou history to encounters with the Seihou cast.

And I believe that Youkai Moe was a general ZUN remark made in one of the Seihou games.

>>92755

Hard to explain the PC-98 era... ZUN never clarified what caused so many changes. I'd go with the two Reimu theory but for one thing: Marisa was around in the PC-98 timeline.

Though a decent number of PC-98 characters were prototype of modern Touhou characters.

Also

>>92616 is very much something this story's Reimu would do more than the other vote. She's out to make a harem.
>> No. 92776
>>92775
>>92755

Wiki says
>Two or more Reimu(s) may exist. The circumstantial evidence suggests 靈夢 (from the PC-98 games) and 霊夢 (from the Windows games) may be different people. However, this is extraordinarily unlikely, as Yuka recalls Reimu, Alice recalls Reimu, and ZUN uses the new kanji to refer to the old Reimu now. Also, her bio in Embodiment of Scarlet Devil's "おまけ.txt" file says, "Chronologically this title is not too far from the previous title, thus her age stays the same as before". Since the previous title in question would be Mystic Square, the last game in which PC-98 Reimu appeared in, and Embodiment of Scarlet Devil is the first game in which Windows Reimu appears, the bio appears to further debunk this theory.
>> No. 92777
>>92775

No, no, my friend. I don't mean that PC-98 Reimu is this Reimu's mother in canon, I mean that in this story PC-98 Reimu appears to be this Reimu's mother. I should have clarified.
>> No. 92778
>>92777

I wonder how would Marisa be explained then in ths story... since it'd be harder to explain that than with Reimu.

Interesting how Reimu dreamed of a sort of battle royale between PC-98 Reimu, Marisa, Yuuka, Mima and on two different fronts Mokou and Yukari. (That brings up another point; wasn't PCB the first game Reimu met Yukari in?)

Though I think the name adjustment was a result the ever infamous reboot.

This is a second story which seems to suggest something between Yukari on the Hakureis (I won't say exactly); first was in Graze the Rainbow in /others/ But I will say this: The matter reveals a possible reason why Reimu's not so uptight with Youkai.
>> No. 92779
>>92667

She can be as much of a fighter as you wish for her to be, though of course it's important to keep in mind her pacifist approach in this game so far.However, since she feels she's already gotten rid of all obstacles thanks to speaking to Remilia, perhaps yet another one would make her angry...

>>92775

Depending on whether you count this as canon or not...

http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Dolls_in_Pseudo_Paradise
> It looks like some strange person has come around again.
> I'd better do something before she gets to the shrine ...
> Huh, that girl ... doesn't look like a human or a youkai.

Of course, whether it applies to this story is... ah... Well, telling would be spoiling, no?

>>92778

There was also a story in /shrine/, long finished, I think, that also mentioned such a connection. I forgot what it was called, though, but it was on its fourth or fifth run or something like that. Something involving her uncle... Any of my readers care to remind me of the name?

Anyways, I'm pleased with the discussion and rather flattered. Don't let my comments stop any more from happening, though.

Votes are still open until Thursday or Friday, when I will have enough time to start writing again, so if you haven't, feel free to vote. At this rate, though, looks like I'll finally reach the long awaited (by me, at least) second thread.

Finally, I'm still trying to figure out a name for this. Touhoumon doesn't cut it, unfortunately, dear >>87868 , as I wouldn't want to take any possible future Touhoumon CYOA titles. If nothing else, I'll just name the second thread Insert Original Title Here: Reimu's Harem Quest, and maybe just keep on changing the subtitles, kinda like with Flight of the Lost Soul. Input and discussion are always appreciated.
>> No. 92782
[X] Perhaps an explanation is in order.
- [X] Essentially what you told Remilia. You're not forcing Sakuya to stay here, after all.
[X] Meiling
[X] Do try to avoid fighting.
- [X] Best to stick with blocking and avoiding if you have to.
- [X] She should know that it's meaningless to fight you on uneven terms. Challenging you when you're tired? Disgraceful!
- [X] If she's that insistent on a battle, there's always another form of competition for you two. Considering what you and Sakuya will be doing nearly every night now... mmm, well she would have to be at least as good at you at satisfying Sakuya. Let Sakuya serve as the judge for that sort of competition, of course...
-- [X] Unless Meiling would prefer not to let Sakuya know about all this? You'd be happy to give her a one-on-one match on the bedsheets, if that's the case...

I'd rather stick with sexy pacifism, truth be told. Suddenly going all Chado seems a bit out of place.
>> No. 92819
>>92774
Your logic is bad and you should feel bad.

>Unless you want to say "youkai moe" isn't canon
ZUN's "youkai moe" thing was not canon in any way at all. It wasn't even useful information. It was just him scribbling down some disconnected, aimless, drunken ramblings. Have you ever read it? Really, actually, read it? It's retarded.

>The dialogue was written by ZUN; it's canon.
Quentin Tarentino appears in his own movies in very brief, short cameo roles. Does that then mean that the events of his movies must have happened in real life, too?
>> No. 94232
Sorry for the delay, once again. It's very difficult to work through a writer's block brought on by stylistic issues, but I'm getting there.

However, I hit another small block in the flashback involving Reimu's mother. So, pick which of these two breeds would seem the most badass, or alternatively, the most likely for Reimu senior to have.

[ ] The Kai Ken: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kai_Ken
[ ] The Shikoku: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shikoku_%28dog%29

The sooner I get a consensus, the sooner I can finish up everything for tomorrow. (Part of the problem is that I have the first section dealing with Meiling at my apartment, not where I am right now.)
>> No. 94233
[x] The Kai Ken

Tiger-dog~
>> No. 94234
>>94232

[X] Kai Ken

Aside from the good temperament and national treasure status, its rarity makes it something much more fitting for Gensokyo. Remember that extinct species show up there in large numbers, so a rare species would be reasonably likely to appear.
>> No. 94239
Okay, two votes is enough and I've been convinced. Plus I'm impatient. So, back to writing before the inspiration runs out.

Please wait warmly.
>> No. 94647
>>94239
Ran out of inspiration?
>> No. 94648
Arriba fecha
>> No. 94669
>>94648
uh?
>> No. 95637
>>94647

Not really. It's just overshadowed by War of Warcrack. I'll do my best to finish up tomorrow or Saturday.
>> No. 95759
>>95637
...That's like saying "I'm sorry, I couldn't stop the bank robber running by me, I had to go down that alley and shit on a snail."

In other words: There are just some things in life that one should never, ever place any sort of priority on, and WoW is one of those things.

Please get back to writing. This isn't funny.
>> No. 95892
File 125405371339.jpg - (274.57KB , 1060x1513 , 968fee2a28f44dc1bc7b977e221f78a3.jpg ) [iqdb]
95892
>>94647

Rather, it's like I get an idea, or something, and then I write for a few hours, but then I tire out and have to put it away.

>>95759

Indeed.

Also, as a warning, I included the recap here because I was going to make a new thread. However, since the thread limit was increased... I didn't feel like throwing away a perfectly good summary.

Apologies for the delay. And now, enjoy your wall.

----------------------------------

Today… has been a long day. Or, rather than long, an odd day. For once, without the threat or possibility of an incident, I actually went out and did something that didn’t involve tossing danmaku at people I’ve already met; I actually did my job. Or, rather, I did part of my job, which was to gather faith for my goddess, so that Gensokyo would not be destroyed. Damn Moriya and Sanae and those two goddesses… Anyways, I did some knife tricks and got some money, with Keine’s perfectly willing assistance. Then I met Sakuya and we had sex and I rather liked it. She did too. I don’t really know what came over me, but I suppose ever since the beginning of the year when Yuuka kissed me playing one of her games… I guess I’ve gotten actually curious about, well, sex, and how great it is. But anyways, after dealing with Sakuya and Chen, I decided to head off to the Scarlet Devil Mansion to make sure that Sakuya is treated well. After ‘fighting’ my way past Suika, recruiting her to my cause, and then making my way around the various… and sometimes sexy… obstacles… I met up with Remilia and gave her my proposal! Needless to say, she didn’t take the idea of her maid no longer living with her… but after a demonstration of my good faith, she came to see things my way. Back at the Shrine, I had to deal with Chen punching Remilia, and Yuuka showing up, but that was easy. Now, for some reason, the gate guard is challenging me to a duel so that ‘her’ Sakuya won’t be taken away.

For a brief flicker of a moment, I felt an indescribable rage. I mean, I already dealt with Remilia buffeting me around, and she was the boss. But to have someone as lowly as some Chinese youkai… it made my blood boil, and I felt, oh so very briefly, the intent to just blast her away without using danmaku.

Thankfully, that isn’t who I am at all! I mean, sure, this is a pain, but I would never treat anyone[i] so callously as to kill them, especially since I gave Remilia my word about treating Sakuya right. To abuse another one of her servants… would be a bad start to this little experiment and would doom it.

“Hey! I just challenged you! Pay attention!”

Guess I was spacing out there. I smile and give a little giggle. I’m tired…

“You think this is funny? Don’t underestimate me!” And so she rushes toward me, bringing her hand out to slap me in the face.

I jump aside in response. “I refuse!”

“Just because the mistress gives her away doesn’t mean you can separate us!” She follows up with another open aimed for my face and I bring up the barrier to block. However, she manages to break through with a blast of chi, sending me flying backwards onto my ass.

“Ow!” Damn that stings. I back away as quickly as I can as she stalks toward me; she lets me get back onto my feet, at least. “Tha.. that’s not my intention at-“ I jump aside as Meiling jumps and lands where I was standing. “all! Look, dammi-“

“Just because you got things so easily doesn’t mean she’s not worth fighting about!” She places her hands together just to her right side, gathering up ki to create a hadouken, which she fires at me.

“Unlike everything else, this is [i]too
important to fight about!” I graze past the blast before continuing. “I don’t know how long she’s been working there, but I can’t let her keep on working herself to death. Can’t you understand that? I’m not even forcing her to do this…”

“W-we can change things! As long as she’s with us, she’ll always be… she’ll always be fine!” She’s starting to look disheartened as her rainbow-spiral shooting kick seems to have less force to it than it should. I duck under it as it curves upward.

“But she’s not among her own kind. Humans… Err…. Not coworkers, not bosses, not guests… but friends,” I try to explain as I advance on her with full confidence. If I can convince Stubborn McBrat to agree to my idea, then I can surely convince (one of) the most reasonable member(s) in the mansion, no?

“But, then we’ll never see…”

I shake my head, pressing on before she returns to a fighting stance. I stop, but I do not step back. “Meiling, listen. She’ll still work there for money, but she’ll live at the shrine, with me, so she can learn how to be… more normal, I guess. Not like we here in Gensokyo are all that normal anyways…” I smile and Meiling takes a step back, trying to cover up her own smile. “But that’s only as long as she agrees… She’ll still be around.”

“I... but.. still…” She protests weakly as I move closer to her, dropping her stance.

“… Besides, it’s kinda silly to ask me to a duel, you know. It’s late, I’m tired, I think Remi even gave me some bruises.... It’s meaningless and disgraceful! Don’t you think?”

“I won’t let you take her without a fight, no matter what!” Steeling herself, a hand reaches up to gingerly touch one of her braids, tied off with a…. green ribbon? It looks like one… stupid low light. Sakuya wears green ribbons on her twin braids too…

“Meiling, you and Sakuya wear green ribbons on your braids. Why?”

She looks surprised and gets into a fighting stance yet again, but looks self-conscious, judging from her blush. “It…. it’s just a symbol…”

“Of?”’

“Of our promise!”

“What promise?”

“N-none of your business!” She lunges at me, likely desperately wishing I’d shut up about it. I sidestep, but not enough, and she ends up hitting me square in the jaw. More stinging pain.

“You like Sakuya, don’t you?” After I say that, she backs away until her back is against one of the pillars of the shrine’s torii. I, of course, make my way after her with a perverted grin on my face. Then I gently place my hands on her arms (though toned, they still have a sort of softness to them) and I lean in close to whisper to the cutely blushing youkai, though there isn’t anyone around to listen in. “If you’re insistent on battle, there’s another way of going about things. Considering what Sakuya and I are going to do every night from now on….” Meiling tenses up as I speak, barely able to contain my excitement. “... you should at least be as good as satisfying Sakuya. She’ll be judging, of course…”

Meiling stares at me as I pull my head away, looking back at her for her answer. Her face is definitely red; her eyes look away, almost ashamed.

I don’t want to lose this opportunity, not for either of us, so perhaps… “Unless you’d rather she not know about this? Maybe a one-on-one match on the bed sheets, if that’s the case…”

“I… I…” She stares at me, steeling her will, though understandably nervous. “Do-don’t have much experience…”

I shrug casually, looking up at her with a grin. “I don’t either.”

“Then I…. accept…” Still nervous, I see.

“Great! Let’s get started. Sakuya’s sleeping inside, so don’t be too loud, okay? First one to finish loses!” With a grin, I immediately begin to grope Meiling’s chest, which happens to be larger than mine. No surprise there, right?

“N-not now!” she exclaims with a terribly cute squeak, her face flushing almost to the point of matching her hair.

“W…why not?” I ask, surprised by her sudden change of heart.

“You wouldn’t ‘fight’ someone who doesn’t know… right?”

Oh ho ho! I grin. “Okay, I get it… just make sure you finish ‘training’ quickly, or else it’ll be too late!”

“I won’t lose to you, Reimu!” she exclaims, not able to resist acting it up with a grandiose motion, despite her embarrassment.

“Yeah, yeah.” I wave her away. “I’m gonna go pass out now.”

“Sleep well.”

“Thanks. Try not to die of boredom before I can get you to.”

“I won’t.”

As I departed from Meiling, I felt like crashing down to the ground. I did quite a lot more today than I’ve done for the past.... since the last incident, I guess, and that was a while ago. I make my way through the shrine, careful to close the doors before I move on, and I finally made it to the sleeping maid and the cat curled up next to her. Despite my urge to do so, I didn’t just fall on top of her all dramatically while passing out. Instead, I yank off my shirt and dress, leaving me in just my bloomers and sarashi, and then lie down next to Sakuya. Pulling the blanket over me, I turn to face the silver-haired maid and closed my eyes.

....


Still not asleep.

.....

i walk out from water and onto a field of green grass and up ahead is a perfectly paved dirt path leading up to a grandiose castle making my way up the path there’s a haunted forest in the other direction i reach the entrance where i am stopped by a shout from above looking up i notice a pegasus griffon and wyvern where i am going they ask i’m going inside i say the griffon begins to growl but then snaps to attention they warn me not to stray from the path

moving forward and entering the castle moving along the perfectly straight red carpet along the castle i don’t even bother looking to the side i really shouldn’t so i hurry up and run to the end where i see a castle and there is a very pale man in a white kimono and his hair is white and he has a green pendant and his eyes are as dark as the night sky and and an-

He speaks. No, no, doesn’t speak, but I know what he says. He I should go read something in his library to spend the time. I don’t know what he’s talking about but I follow his librarian – nice guy I really like his glasses.

This library is huge. It goes on forever up and down and left and right and Patchouli and Marisa would like this pla- oh he’s calling me. Following along many books can be noticed and there’s one about Alice going behind the moon and an emperor on the other side of a sea by some Europeans and –

Oh hey we’re here in this small little study and he brings along large books. I feel strange looking at them. One of them says “Reimu Hakurei”, but it uses the kanji for my mother’s name; others have titles like Remilia Scarlet, another is simply orange in color, yet another one is covered in ribbons with the name Hina Kagiyama, “Magical Girl Fiery Mokotan”, another simply titled “Ruins” and finally one has a thousand eyes that are staring at me with intensity.

Of course, the answer is obvious. Reaching out to grab the red and white book that has my mother’s name on it, I open it past the halfway point.


------------

I wake up to another fine morning. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, my daughter isn’t asleep next to me, the bed is damp.... wait a minute. Something’s not right here. Rising up and pulling the sheets away, I glance down at the unmistakable proof of an accident during the night. I look around the room, searching, searching... no, she’s not in here. I sigh and brush my hair away from my face. I begin to take the things outside to hang on the clotheslines, sighing and shaking my head. That little girl... won’t she ever learn?

After finishing with that task, I head back into the shrine, making sure to keep quiet as I attempt to stealthily go around the shrine without her noticing. After a moment, I can hear soft sniffles. Aha! Tiptoeing over to the sliding door of a room’s closet, I slide it open and see my little sweetheart curled up, sniffling out of a sense of shame. Though miffed about the incident, I can’t stay mad at her.

“Hey sweetie...”

She sniffs a bit, wiping away her nose with her robe’s sleeve. “Sorry....”

“It’s fine. Just try not to do it again, alright?” I smile at her and she looks up at me with those puffy eyes. She can’t resist my smile either, it seems, as she returns it with a hug. Cradling her, I take her back into our bedroom to change into our shrine maiden uniforms. Then we get to cooking food – though my precious one doesn’t really with much but setting the table and putting out the food for the dog.

I step outside while the food gets cooked and whistle for the dog. Heading back inside, it isn’t long until Kimi comes in with a few happy and loud barks. I wonder how many youkai she’s bothered through the night. After we finish with our meals, we get to work on cleaning up the shrine, starting with sweeping off the leaves and flower petals on the shrine grounds. The flower viewing festival last week was a great success – I should make a note here for next time.

“Hey... Hey mom?”

“Yes?”

“Let’s visit Marisa today!”

I think about it as I sweep the debris into a pile. “Hmm... Alright, but only if you promise not to wet the bed.”

“I promise! I promise!” she jumps up and down, insistent. With a smile, I reach down and ruffle her hair.

“That’s a good girl. Now let’s finish our chores quickly so we can leave sooner.”

“Okay!”

We finish chores hurriedly and a sign was placed at the front of the shrine warning any visitors (ahahahaha!) of our absence for the day. Taking my meager allowance for the day, I cradle my daughter in my arms and begin to float off as Kimi lopes after me, easily able to catch up despite my speed.

The journey to the base of the mountain is rather uneventful, overly so. It was a trap, quite obviously since Kimi stopped following a few seconds ago, so I stop in the middle of glade, setting my daughter down. Reaching into my robes, I summon a charm and hand it to my daughter.

“Mom? What’s going on?”

“Mommy’s gotta do her job right now. Just stand here and hold the charm. Close your eyes if you must.”

She nods, trembling. I ruffle her hair and turn away, walking a few feet from her as I summon my gohei and the ying-yang orbs.

“So, youkai. I know you’re there. I’m in a hurry, so I’d rather just finish this quickly. Long ago you’ve stopped being any sort of threat….” I reach up with my free hand and swipe some of my purple-streaked hair out of my face as various youkai, some humanoid while others bestial, come out from the trees.

One of them, obviously the leader by her size and bearing, begins to speak, puffing out her ample chest. “You’ve hunted us down long enough, shrine mai-“

I’ve long grown tired of her flamboyant speeches and constant attempts to eat me or my family. Bad enough she took one of my aunts… I point my gohei at her and the ying-yang orbs immediately fly to her, causing sizable explosions and obliterating the trunk of the tree she was standing beside. Satisfied with my initial attempt – she lay twitching on the ground, bleeding out of her… missing chest cavity – I swing the gohei to the side as the balls ricochet off the trees and into the various youkai, causing blood to splatter everywhere. I simply stand calmly, summoning charms into my hand and chanting, before tossing them out in all directions.

Then I rush forward into the woods to take care of the cowards, letting only the fastest survive to warn the others to just leave my family alone.

And then there was a scream, from my daughter. Turning, I can see her being grabbed by the arm… she dropped the amulet, didn’t she? I raise my wand to summon the orbs, but then the youkai clenches tightly onto the little one’s arm. I glare at her and she looks back at me, smiling with those sharp teeth, her blond hair tied up with one ribbon… I can sense it’s an amulet. Her red eyes glint at me. I hate how youkai have started to take on cutesy forms like that one… I could never guess how she can keep that black dress in such good shape.

“Let her go and I will spare you.”

“Is that so?” She smiles innocently.

“Ow ow ow! It hurts! Stoppit, stoppit!”

“Is that so?” she lilts once again. “Don’t worry, it will end by the time you’re all eaten up…..” She giggles, opening her mouth to perhaps get a taste of my daughter’s arm, as she moves her head toward it.

“I beg of you, please spare my daughter,” I say as I notice something moving out of the woods behind her.

“Oh? And what will you give me? Nothing tastes as good as a Hakurei…”

I clench my teeth. That girl will definitely pay. “You leave her alone right now!”

“Make me! Time to eaaaat~!” She then tries to take a chunk out of my daughter’s arm before she’s bitten on the leg by Kimi and then forcefully dragged off. The surprise forces her to let go of my daughter. She struggles, kicking poor Kimi and bringing up… a sphere of darkness? Too dangerous to go in myself or to shoot, but I make a run to grab Reimu and pull her away. After a moment I hear a blood-curdling scream as the girl quickly flies up into the sky, now missing a… leg, judging from what Kimi’s now gnawing on. Cringing, I decide that safety is more important than revenge and I immediately fly into the trees once again, quickly making my way to the village as Kimi follows after me, leg still in her mouth.

Once we reach the village outskirts, I can be sure that no youkai are following us. Kimi lays down to rest beside two guards. I wave to them and we briefly speak about what happened, then I head in; Kimi stays with them for now, happily gnawing on the leg.

I set my daughter down and ask her if she’s well. She rubs her wrist and nods, thanking me and Kimi for saving her. After turning a corner on the way to the Kirisame residence, I run into that girl from two weeks ago… Keine, wasn’t it? Her rather long silver hair has highlights similar to my purple ones, but blue. Well, it’s still more noticeable on her; most girls don’t really notice mine that much thanks to my black hair…

“Go-good afternoon, miss Hakurei…” she greets me with a nervous smile and… is that a blush I see?

“Good afternoon,” my daughter and I reply back. Then I speak to her. “Are you doing well? You had your arm wrapped up at the festival…” I glance down at it. Yes, still wrapped.

She brings her wrapped arm self-consciously to her chest, hugging as if it was some strange source of shame. “O-oh, I’m fine… I….” She glances up at me.

“Yes?”

“.. I wanted to thank you again, for saving me from that…”

“Oh, it’s fine,” I say with a smile. “What that sort of creature was doing… or you, for that matter, out in the woods like that is something I don’t know, but… Let’s not dwell on the past, shall we?”

“What sort of creature?” the little one pipes up.

“Just a youkai who attacked Keine here.”

“Did you beat it up really good?!”

“Yeah, I did.” I ruffle her hair and look up at Keine before my eyes go down to her… shall we say… growing chest. “Keine, how old are you now? Thirteen? Fourteen? Have your parents started talking to you about marriage?”

“U-um…. n-not yet… w-why do you ask?” She’s very nervous indeed.

“Well, go ask them about it. I think I might be interested…” her eyes light up, “… in the process. I’ll come around later this week.” I smile at her and she returns it.

“I…I’ll talk to them right now!” She says with many nods. “Good day to you, miss Hakurei!” She turns and leaves as my daughter waves at her.

“Good… She’s definitely growing up quite fast…” I say to myself, looking down at Reimu. “We can go to Marisa’s house now.”

She jumps up with a “yay!” and immediately runs down the street. Thankfully she’s at least learned not to run in front of carriages and carts by now…. With a sigh, I follow her.

Soon enough we reach the Kirisame magic shop, one of the few two-story buildings in the village. Western style, too. The bell rining as I enter through the front door – the shop, of course – I notice that the little one and her friend are busy fawning over a wooden horse that the shop clerk is apparently smoothing over with sandpaper.

“Sorry to bother you like this…” I begin. “I’m certain you want to return to your work undisturbed…”

“No, no, it’s fine.” He says, not looking up from his work, speaking over the chattering of the two girls. “It’s rather refreshing to talk to little Reimu here after spending so long away.”

“Right, right. Say, would the lady of the house be in?”

“Oh, she’s inside.”

“Ah, well, I think I’ll go speak with her no-“

“No! I saw it first!” Marisa shouts.

“But you already got to play with it! I wanna try it!” Reimu replies.

I sigh, reaching out to grab Reimu as Marisa’s mother shouts from inside the house proper. “Marisa, get over here and stop being selfish!”

“But moooom!” Marisa whines as she heads over.

I smile over at Rinnosuke. “Children.”

He nods sagely. “Marisa doesn’t visit the shrine much, right?”

“Yeah.”

“Between you and me and little Reimu here…” he leans in to whisper so as to not be overheard. “I think I’ll give to you, free of charge.”

“Thank you!” Reimu says.

“No, we couldn’t. It’d be far too troublesome…”

“I insist.”

“Very well, then… It would be rude to refuse twice.”

Reimu sticks her tongue out at me and hugs Rinnosuke’s leg. “Thank you thank you!”

“Ssh, Reimu,” I gently say. “Come, go play with Marisa.”

We head in and the two girls make up quickly, deciding to head upstairs. I sit down beside the black haired woman and I smile. “Good afternoon. Nice weather, isn’t it?”

“Yes, it’s very nice… and those girls are such rascals, aren’t they?”

“Mmm.”

“So…”

“So…?”

“Wanna make-“

“MWOOOMMY!” That was Reimu’s voice! There’s some more screaming and soon enough we’re both up in Marisa’s room. Reimu’s clutching her face, crying, and Marisa’s also crying and shaking in fright.

“I didn’t do! I… I… she hit me first!”

“YOU CALLED ME DEIBU I’M NOT A DEIBU IT’S…IT’S… MWOMMY IT HURTS!”

I run over to Reimu, reaching out to pull her hand away. “Show mommy where…” My eyes widen when I realize it’s a burn mark… but there’s nothing to burn her with… I turn Reimu’s head to Kirisame and her eyes widen in shock.

“Marisa, what did I tell you about learning magic from your grandmother?!”

“B…but… I didn’t… I… I got mad! Fire is anger!” she exclaims, backing away.

Miss Kirisame turns to me. “I’m sorry, my daughter can’t control herself… I’ll make sure it doesn’t happen again.”

“No, no, my Reimu’s too sensitive about people making mistakes. She’s just ill behaved…”

Not wishing to spend any more time like this, I pick Reimu up and head down the stairs, rushing past a confused Rinnosuke. Once outside I take to the air and fly over a few buildings, making it to the doctor’s in no time at all. I am first greeted by the beautiful melody of a song being played on an erhu. Touching down near her, I speak up. “Rin, I need your help.”

Placing her erhu aside, the blond haired “human” wearing a white and a red dress stands and walks over to us, reaching out as I hand Reimu over to her. Reimu sniffs. “Where was she-“ she began to say, but then her eyes focused on the burn spot. Glancing to the side, and then to the other side, she placed a finger on the mark. Reimu wailed in pain. “Ssh, it’ll be fine,” Rin coos to the girl as she begins to heal the wound. After a moment, she removes her finger and my daughter reaches up to hug her tightly.

“Thank you Rin! It doesn’t hurt anymore!”

With a warm smile, she moves to sit down. “You’re welcome, little Reimu.”

I sit down beside the kirin, smiling at her and giving her cherry-antenna a playful tug. She returns the playfulness with a swat at my shoulder.

“Nice to see you too, miss miko. What happened?”

“That stupid Marisa burnt me!” Reimu says, looking a bit furious before her hair is ruffled yet again.

“Now now, it was an accident,” I explain.

“I’m sure it was” Rin says. “So how have things been?”

“Good, good. Saw that Keine girl on the way to visit the Kirisames.”

“Oh?” Her eyebrow rises in curiosity. “What did you talk about?”

“Not much. Just wanted to thank me… also suggested something about an arranged marriage.” I cover my mouth with my sleeve as I giggle.

Rin rolls her eyes. “Aren’t you much too old for her?”

I tug at her cherry-antenna again in reply.

“Ow! Hey, at least stop leading her on… She deserves someone closer to her age, you know.”

I shrug. “I guess….”

“Did she tell you?”

“Tell me what?”

“She didn’t?”

“Guess not. What?”

“Why she….” She begins, but then glances away, thinking otherwise. “Forget it. She’ll tell you when she’s ready.”

“You mean confess?”

Rin shakes her head.

“How’s the old lady?”

“Spry as ever. Just yesterday she told me to go collect more herbs for her potions, ointments, and all that. Not like anyone needs them…”

“Hah. That’s just like her…” I pause as I hear a certain something opening just a ways from us. Turning, I can spot Yukari stepping out from her gap, clad in her usual purple dress. Opening her parasol, she walks toward us.

“Hello ladies. Such a nice day, isn’t it?” she greets us.

“Yeah, it’s nice,” I reply. Reimu stares at her.

Rin levels a brief glare in her direction. “Good enough, I suppose…”

Yukari strides on over toward us, smiling down at me in particular. “It’s been so long, Reimu! You haven’t called, you haven’t sent any letters… I was almost beginning to think you were trying to avoid me.”

I stand up, dusting off my bottom and looking up at her. “I don’t know where you live…. Plus it doesn’t help the last time you came around you cost me one of my aunts…”

Yukari’s demeanor becomes serious as she glances away. “How was I suppose to know that the scarlet devil by the lake would take her? Anyways, let bygones be bygones! Or have you already forgotten our little tryst~?” She licks her lips as she says that.

Glancing to my side, I can see that Rin’s covering my daughter’s ears; Reimu struggles against this. My attention goes back to Yukari, looking unphased. “That was before I was married. It was wonderful… but it’s in the past, Yukari. I’m sorry.”

“And I’m sorry too,” she says as her expression darkens, one eye disconcertingly moving to stare directly at Reimu, who turns away and clings to Rin, stuffing her face in her modest chest. Yukari sighs and gently taps her head with the fan in her formerly free hand. “There’s a reason I came here.”

“Of course. What is it?”

“Your daughter.”

“What about her?” I say, beginning to feel worried. I scoot over to be between Yukari and Rin.

“Give her to me.”

“What, why?”

“I… had a vision last month.”

“Of course. What don’t you have?”

“You, of course.” She says, her face briefly filled with bitterness.

Sigh, not this again. “Whatever. What was the vision about, and what does it have to do with my daughter?”

“It was… well… You know how I protect Gensokyo as a whole?”

“Uh huh.”

“It’s like…” She seems uncomfortable speaking to me about this. “I tried to think of other ways of doing this… checking and rechecking. But in the end, your daughter ends up destroying Gensokyo for her actions.”

My hand immediately goes for my gohei. “How dare you insinuate tha- she’d never!”

“It’s not purposeful, actually. But in the end, she ends up spreading radiat- er, an invisible poison throughout Gensokyo. Both humans and youkai will suffer and die. I’ve checked and checked and thought things through, and the only alternative is to remove her before this comes to pass.”

I point my gohei at her and ying-yang orbs fly at her, creating explosions. Almost instantly, she places her parasol in front of her and the orbs are deflected, though one manages to break through the fabric and graze her. “I’ll never let you lay a finger on her!”

“Look, she doesn’t have to… hey, stop it!” Raising her fan, she deflects the orbs as they come in for a second attack. “SHE WON’T DIE!” she yells in frustration. “She’ll just be sent far away and I’ll help you find someone else to make a second dau-“ I jump directly at her, swinging my gohei and hitting her in the face. She winces, leveling a glare at me. Before I knew it, I was on the ground, bound to it by earthen bindings. Yukari turns away with a shrug looking at Rin. “Give her to me, now.”

“Mommy!” Reimu exclaimed, holding tightly onto the other. I could barely see them…

Rin immediately jumps away from her sitting position, landing ten feet away from Yukari, still holding onto my daughter, replying with a simple “no”.

Yukari sighs, as she holds her now empty hand out at Rin. I can see a magical circle forming on i
>> No. 95893
File 125405420422.gif - (345.28KB , 638x997 , dream_library.gif ) [iqdb]
95893
Hey Reimu wake up!

I turn away from the book and there’s this girl with wavy hair that’s sorta green and grey and a black hat and yellow clothes and her third eye is closed.

Reimu wake up now so you won’t be late for the awesome thing happening at the human village today, okay? It’s gonna be fun but you have to be there for it to happen!


Opening my eyes, I’m greeted to the sight of… my room. Sitting myself up and looking around, I can see that I’m the only one in it. Why the heck did I just dream about mom…? Standing up, I quickly go pull on a yukata and place my futon and blankets and pillow away. Taking a moment to reflect on what I dreamt, I can hear some talk coming from the rest of the shrine. Walking quietly to the sliding screen door, my nose is greeted by the smell of cooked food....?!

I leave the room only to find Sakuya walking over toward the room. I smile at her and she smiles in turn. Her hair is undone – it’s strangely refreshing – and she’s still wearing the yukata I lent her yesterday.
“Good morning,” she says as she gives me a bow.

“Hey. Are Chen and Yuuka still around?”

“They’re in the kitchen. I hope you don’t mind if I made you breakfast.”

“Not at all.” I smile at her, stepping close to give her a kiss on the lips before heading over to the kitchen. Sakuya stays frozen for a moment but then recovers and follows after me.

“Ah, there you are,” Yuuka says. She is currently sitting at the table, in the seiza position, with a bunch of dumplings waiting in front of her on top of a yellow cloth. Five of them, three green, one pink, and one green, like at the beginning of the year… Chen seems to be sitting across from her, shaking rather nervously. “I was wondering if you died in your sleep.”

“Guess I slept a lot… though that’s ‘cause I had to deal with a few things.”

“So I assume,” she says with a smile.

“Well, now that we’re all awake, I believe I shall serve breakfast,” Sakuya states a tad formally, heading over to where the cooked food is waiting. “I must apologize in advance, though, as Japanese food isn’t particularly my specialty…”

“If it’s half as good as your western food, it’ll still be better than everyone else’s.” Glancing over at Yuuka, I add, “though Yuuka’s practically unbeatable with sweets.”

“Before we start, Reimu…” she says as she stands up, holding her purse in one hand. She undoes the zipper and reaches in, pulling out little… packets, I think they’re called. Packets of seeds. She walks over to me and holds one of them out. On the front, I can clearly see that it says “Bloom & Doom Seed Co.”. With a slight frown, she then adds. “Yukari showed up and gave me them yesterday. When I asked what they were for, she just said that I should plant them and find out and then left before I could bring up past business. You know her the best here, so tell me why she would do this.”

“Shouldn’t you be asking Chen that?”

“She knows nothing. I made sure she was telling the truth, after all.” She giggles while Chen freezes in spot, looking like she’s about to die. Glancing to the side, I can see that Sakuya freezes while portioning out the food.

“Ah… Well, lemme see. These are seeds, obviously, so…”

[ ] “You should plant them as she said.”
[ ] “Eat ‘em. They’re probably very tasty.”
[ ] “I… don’t know.”
- [ ] Genuflect

What to do after breakfast…
[ ] Follow the plot hook Go to the human village to visit Akyuu
- [ ] Escort someone back home, though (specify)
[ ] Go to the Scarlet Devil Mansion; I have some unfinished business, after all
[ ] Stay at the shrine
- [ ] Laze about
- [ ] Do some actual work
[ ] Visit…
- [ ] Marisa’s place
- [ ] Eientei
- [ ] Moriya Shrine
- [ ] Elsewhere (specify)

----

Congrats, you made it to the end. Here, have some erhu music to celebrate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejnrt0s5ZTY
>> No. 95894
[x] “You should plant one in a safe location to be sure and if it works, plant the rest"

Never hurts to be cautious. And safe as in away from other flowers and such.

What to do after breakfast…
[x] Go to the human village to visit Akyuu

Let's see what Koishi is talking about.
>> No. 95896
[x] Go to the Scarlet Devil Mansion; I have some unfinished business, after all.

Meiling~
>> No. 95901
[x] “You should plant them as she said.”
Plants Vs. Zombies? Amazing.

[x] Stay at the shrine
- [x] Do some actual work
>> No. 95963
File 125409128153.png - (265.06KB , 1250x1425 , satsukismirk.png ) [iqdb]
95963
>Rin immediately jumps away from her sitting position, landing ten feet away from Yukari, still holding onto my daughter, replying with a simple “no”.

Oh wow, it's my favorite Touhoe and she's fighting Yukari—

>Hey Reimu wake up!
>I turn away from the book and there’s this girl with wavy hair that’s sorta green and grey and a black hat and yellow clothes and her third eye is closed.

THEY SEE ME TROLLIN
THEY HATIN

[x] “Well, you should probably plant them as she said, but I see interesting times ahead for you regardless.”
[x] Go to the human village to visit Akyuu
- [x] Escort Sakuya to work, though.
- [x] "Catch." Give her back her timepiece. For keeps.

We'll pick her up from work when we're done exterminating all the zombies in the village.
>> No. 95973
[X] "If you can't tell what they are, they probably aren't flowers... If you do plant them, watch them carefully."

[X] Go to the human village to visit Akyuu.
>> No. 96024
[x] "If you can't tell what they are, then you might want to plant one first then watch what it does."

[x] Follow the plot hook. Go to the human village to visit Akyuu
>> No. 96035
File 125416343964.jpg - (52.21KB , 500x600 , SexyReimu007.jpg ) [iqdb]
96035
[X] "If you can't tell what they are, they probably aren't flowers... I say you plant just one of them and keep it separate from anything else. Keep a close watch over it, see if it works out well, and if it does then you can plant the rest."

[X] Go to the human village to visit Akyuu
- [X] Escort Sakuya to work, though.
- [X] Give her a nice goodbye kiss, a tight hug, and say the most important words of all...
-- [X] "I love you, Sakuya."
- [X] "Catch." Give her back her timepiece. For keeps.

Have a nice day at work, Honey.
>> No. 96087
[ℤℯ] >>96035

>>96035
d'awwww
>> No. 96935
[x] "If you can't tell what they are, they probably aren't flowers... I say you plant just one of them and keep it separate from anything else. Keep a close watch over it, see if it works out well, and if it does then you can plant the rest."

[x] Go to the human village to visit Akyuu
- [x] Escort Sakuya to work, though.
- [x] "Catch." Give her back her timepiece. For keeps.

can't decide whether to add the rest but at least this will break the tie
>> No. 96936
[x] “Well, you should probably plant them as she said, but I see interesting times ahead for you regardless.”
[x] Go to the human village to visit Akyuu
- [x] Escort Sakuya to work, though.
- [x] "Catch." Give her back her timepiece. For keeps.
>> No. 97052
[x] “Well, you should probably plant them as she said, but I see interesting times ahead for you regardless.”
[x] Go to the human village to visit Akyuu
- [x] Escort Sakuya to work, though.
- [x] "Catch." Give her back her timepiece. For keeps.
>> No. 97061
[x] “Well, you should probably plant them as she said, but I see interesting times ahead for you regardless.”
[x] Go to the human village to visit Akyuu
- [x] Escort Sakuya to work, though.
- [x] "Catch." Give her back her timepiece. For keeps.
>> No. 97761
File 125524102157.jpg - (32.07KB , 482x346 , YuukaReimu.jpg ) [iqdb]
97761
Have a wonderful Yuuka theme I was listening to get me into the mood for writing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiIX_iBJw-8

----------

“Well, it’s Yukari, isn’t it?” I say as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. “Her plans… tend to work out for the better, no? So you should plant them, as she said… If you’re wary, though, put them someplace safe, keep a close watch over it, see if it works out well, and if it does then you can plant the rest.”

Yuuka smiles at me as she places the seeds away. I shiver. I think she’s disappointed, in a way, but before I can say anything else, much less genuflect, she glances over at Chen. “Good advice. I’ll make sure to have a talk with Yukari later today, though~” she lilts the last bit and Chen, I think, would be running away if she wasn’t frozen with fear.

“U-uu-umm… ca-can we start eating now please?” Chen stutters, looking down at where the plates would be in front of her. Sakuya nods and proceeds to serve everyone.

“Yuuka…” I begin, but Yuuka quickly interrupts me.

“Don’t worry, I won’t hurt her.”

“Good. Either way, you’re going to have an interesting time, depending on what exactly happens with those.”’

“I’m sure.”

“Breakfast is ready,” Sakuya states formally as she begins to serve us. We all say our little ‘prayer’ and eat. The breakfast was rather good, as can be expected from Sakuya.

“Thank you for the food~” Chen purrs, her stomach full and fears forgotten.

“Good as always,” I compliment her, giving her a smile.

“That wasn’t bad at all.” Yuuka states bluntly, despite her seemingly genuine smile. “Perhaps I should hire you as my personal chef.”

“It wasn’t my best, actually…” Sakuya says modestly, glancing at Yuuka for the last comment as she picks up the plates. “Ah, well, I’m not up for hire, you see…”

Yuuka shrugs, still smiling. “Suit yourself. But to finish off this meal, I took the liberty to bring a few sweets of my own~” She holds up some dumplings from out of nowhere, placed on a yellow towel. Very familiar, this scene is. She sets them down in the middle of the table as I take a sip of my remaining tea.

Sakuya comes back from placing the dishes aside and takes her seat across from me. After one look at the dumplings, she smiles at Yuuka. “Nonsense. I can’t just take them, it isn’t right… After all, weren’t they meant for our lovely hostess?”

I blink and glance away. “Just take some. I don’t mind.”

Yuuka nods. “I insist that everyone tries it. Reimu can attest to their great taste.”

I nod, the memories of the beginning of the year returning to me. Stupid Yuuka, having to come and give me stuff at a bad time… so embarrassing. Great, my cheeks are flushing even now.

“Well, then, if you insist…” Sakuya and Chen reach out to grab one stick of dumplings each.

“Might as well have some too!” I reach out to grab one for myself, but I’m suddenly stopped by a very painful pinch. “Ow! Hey!” I glance over at the smiling Yuuka with her eyes closed.

“Here,” she says as she picks up one of sticks, holding the dumpling at the end toward me. “Say ‘ahhh’!”

“N-not this again!” I exclaim, glancing away to Sakuya, whom I’d hope would help me. Instead she’s nibbling on her own dumpling as she smiles at me, amused. Chen by this point is laughing out loud at me. Oh geeze… “Look, that's totally embarrassing, so please stop, seriously.”

“Ahh!”

I reach out again, only to get yet another pinch. Fuck that hurts.

“Ahahaha. Do you really want to go through all this again?” she laughs. “Now, let’s try this again. Say ‘aaah’.” That smile… if you didn’t know any better, you’d say she’s almost innocent and doting with this attitude.

I sigh, closing my eyes and opening my mouth. It’s even more embarrassing now that there are actually people around to see this. “Ahhhhh…” Considering what happened last time, I really shouldn’t have been surprised by what happened next.

I felt the dumpling being placed in my mouth, along with the warmth of another body. I could feel the other pair of lips wrapped around the morsel press against mine. Even with experiencing it before…. Even with doing what I did with Sakuya yesterday… My eyes open as I take the snack, Yuuka leaning back and licking her lips. I chew quietly, my hand covering my mouth. My eyes stray and I see Sakuya and Chen watching intently. What… why are they… a blush… I look back at Yuuka. I take a breath.

Yuuka is smiling at me. Seductively? A sultry smile? I… aren’t they the same?

“Tasty, isn’t it?” she finally breaks the silence.

“Y…yeah, it is.” There’s something in my throat…

“That’s good….” Her free hand reaches for mine. Our fingers touch. More heat courses through my body. I can’t help but… just stare at her as she takes the stick of dumplings with her other hand and with her mouth pulls one free. She leans in again and I reluctantly and gladly take it again in my mouth. Forcing the dumpling into my mouth, I push forward, just ever so slightly… our lips touch more. A kiss… a more proper one, without the dumplings as an excuse…

I chew as her hand grips mine tightly, yet not so tightly that there is pain. My eyes focus in Yuuka’s every movement. She’s standing there so calm, so in control, while here I am struggling to not rip off my shirt and beg her to… to…. I swallow and almost immediately she leans close to kiss and feed me yet again. The taste of these dumplings are…. Are nothing to the mere touch of Yuuka’s lips. She leans forward more, her free hand moving up to my shoulder and… she pushes me down.

I don’t resist at all, bringing my back down to the ground. I move my legs from a sitting position and lay them flat on the ground. She’s on top of me… I chew the dumpling, quickly, and swallow it. Now we’re properly kissing. I can feel her…. Her lustful feelings for me.

Her hand reaches for my yukata. Rather, for my sash. She easily unties it as she stops kissing for a moment, and then continues. Sliding away my yukata, she exposes my otherwise nude body for all to see. For all… for all?! She breaks away from the kiss once again and I look to the side, noticing Chen just staring at me. Can’t see Sakuya from this angle….

Unable to bear this embarrassment, I close my eyes as I feel Yuuka’s fingers running over my petite breast. No… not here… I open my mouth to protest, to insist on privacy, and yet she silences my objections with yet another kiss. My face is red as she begins to run a hang along my left thigh… up and down, teasingly getting closer to where I want it, but then moving away. The light, brief touches make me want this more. Agonizing.

She breaks the kiss, looking down at me. I can feel her light breaths; I can practically see her animalistic smile. I open one eye to look at her, to see why she suddenly stopped.

“You like this, don’t you?”

I nod.

“I can’t hear you~” she lilts teasingly. “Tell me, tell me, or I’ll stop right now~”

“I… d-do….” I whisper out.

“Hm?” She turns an ear toward me.

“I wa….want it.”

With nary a word in reply, she brings her lips down on me again as my nipple is pinched. It’s getting hard and I feel myself getting ready, nice and wet, down there…Her hand runs up my thigh, stopping right in front of my lips before beginning to rub them. Up and down, left and right… She stops and brushes her thumb over my clit. My entire body quivers in pleasure, a moan escaping from my lips.

Yuuka begins to pull herself down, running her lips down my chin, past the neck, then around sideways until it reaches one of my breasts. I hear a giggle, but it doesn’t sound like Chen. I ignore it, instead concentrating on the lips curling up around my nipple, gently sucking and licking on it. Another moan escapes my lips.

“Ohhh ohhh ohhh~” Chen seems to… murmur? Say? I don’t really care at this point, as by the time I try to think about it I can feel a finger wriggling inside of me. At last, this long awaited-

“Ahnnn~” I moan yet again, unable to keep sighs and murmurs and moans of pleasure from escaping my lips. To have her inside of me, to have Yuuka Kazami of anyone, sucking on my breast, to have her treat me so tenderly… who ever would have thought someone I met only a few years ago would have me at their mercy.

Before I knew it, I felt a wave of pleasure wash over my body, starting from my clit. It takes a while, a good, long while to work itself. “Ahhn… Yuuka, I’m going to… I’m going to….” I say before she shuts me up with a kiss. She’s fast… Her finger works its way inside of me and with one last brush of my clit, and one last pinch of my nipple, my entire body tightens. My walls close in around her finger as my cum flows out, washing over it, and onto the floor. When she breaks the kiss, I pant, feeling quite worked up by how well she… well…

Yuuka smiles at me, licking her lips. “At least this visit didn’t end with you in tears.”

“Heh… yeah…. Tha… just now… uh….” I sit myself up before my eyes widen in terror. My yukata is still undone and Sakuya and Chen are staring at me and Yuuka, their mouths agape.

“Wonderful? Of course!” Yuuka exclaims, bringing her fingers to her mouth, licking off what was… what…. “Oh, before I forget. Later this week, or next week, I’d like to invite you to some tea. Please come.”

“Y-yeah…. S-sure…” I say, still staring at Sakuya’s blushing face. She and I look away… from what I can guess through this embarrassment, she’s rather turned on…

“That goes for you too~”

“I… I will s-speak to my mistress about it,” Sakuya replies.

“One last thing…. If you ever see Wriggle, do check to see if she’s a girl down there for me, alright?”

“Wha…wha?!” I turn to stare at Yuuka, but she smiles at me in that innocent fashion.

“I’m counting on you~” She licks at her fingers, turning away. “Glad to see I could make you smile, Reimu.” And with that, she walks around, behind Sakuya, and grabs Chen by the shoulder. Chen is brought out of her quiet state and she heads outside with Yuuka without resistance.

“Er... u-um… wa-wait… why did you…?” as I try to bring up the effort to call out to her, she continues to walk away, seemingly ignoring me… Grrr… I’m just so embarrassed I could just die.

“…. Um.” Sakuya states, looking rather awkward.

“Y-yeah…?”

“W-we…. Should get going… Where did you place my clothes?”

“Uh….”

A few tense moments and a quick change of clothes later, Sakuya and I are flying off from the shrine. I am, of course, wearing my undershirt and bloomers, and Sakuya has everything ready except for her hat, her hair, and her watch. Her hair is straight and flowing behind her… I probably thought this before, but that’s a nice change from her usual style. It is rather refreshing to see her with her hair down, as if she was more than simply a maid…

The flight, honestly, was rather uneventful. We didn’t really talk… I could hear her try to speak up to ask about her watch, but I ignored it. It was rather easy, really, due to the awkwardness.

As we approach the gates of the mansion, Sakuya turns to speak at me. “I wonder where Meiling’s gone…” She sighs. “I guess she’s probably busy working inside, covering for me.”

Not that I know Meiling all that well, but if I had to guess she’s probably having a good time ‘training’ with Patchouli’s familiar. Just the perverted thought brings a smile to my face, though I shrug. “Who knows!”

We land and she carries her basket of fruits and vegetables with one hand, rather than the two hands she held the basket with while flying. After passing through the gates, we talk up the path to the front door of the mansion. It seems rather intact, though there are holes in the walls…

Sakuya frowns. “Oh dear. Flandre got out again.”

“Yeeep.”

“I’m sorry you had to-“

“Eh. Suika stopped her this time, not me.”

“I see.” She smiles. “I shall thank her when I see her.”

“Also, I have something to talk to you and Remilia about. I shouldn’t say anything now… and if she tries to bring up any important ‘talks’, ask her to wait until I’m around… if it involves me, of course,” I say, feeling some of the awkwardness disappear. “I have to do something with Akyuu first… but I’ll be back by either lunch or dinner. I’m guessing lunch. Don’t set a spot for me until I come, though, alright?”

“Alright. I hope things go well.” She smiles at me, though I can clearly see that she doesn’t know. Sakuya reaches for the door knob, almost trembling because of, I guess, her watch.

“Hey.”

“Hm?” She turns to me.

“Catch.” I toss the watch at her and she, naturally, catches it.

“Thank you for keeping it safe.” She says with a smile, though I feel she’s not quite as happy about that as I think. The watch is very important to her, I’d wager, so I won’t blame her for it.

“No problem.” I wanted to add something, but I don’t want to ruin this.

“Well, have a nice day, Reimu.”

“You too, Sakuya. Don’t overwork yourself.”

“Yeah…” She opens the door and I feel something caught up in my throat that I want to say.

“Um.”

She turns back to me. “Hm?”

“….N…nothing,” I say, glancing away out of embarrassment.

“Alright. See you later today.” She enters the mansion and closes the door behind her.

…. I don’t know whether it was a good thing that I was too nervous to say that I loved her. On one hand, I guess that’s true… on the other, am I really sure? Is it too early to say that, despite doing that? I don’t know what to think or who to ask. Should I even ask anyone? Sigh, love and sex are so complicate.

After walking past the gate and closes it behind me – wow, that’s heavy – I take a deep breath and look out at the lake. I can see a few fairies flying about inside the light mist. I slowly let my breath out. I’ll worry about this thing later.

One quick flight – and a few pesky fairies shot down – later, I finally reach the human village. I touch down at the edge and start walking. Along the way, I deal with a few random people. The dogs are rather cute and even the strays look well fed. Especially this cute tweed water spaniel. Sighhh… I love dogs. The sight of them always makes me smile. My few worries are flushed away just by the sight of them playing with each other.

I deal with a few girls who were impressed by my little knife show later. Fangirls… Don’t really know what to think about them, really. At least they don’t seem obsessed as the fans outside.

Finally, I arrive at the Hieda residence. Speaking to one of the servants, I ask for Akyuu; the servant excuses herself to head inside and out comes Akyuu just a bit later, carrying what looks like to be a clipboard (probably found at Kourin’s) with some pages (again, Kourin…) and a few pens.

“Good morning, miss Hakurei. I’m glad you came.”

“Just call me Reimu. Do you happen to know a youkai with a third eye…?”

“Um… perhaps. I have been trying to make friends with them, after all…”

“Ahhh.” Okay, I guess that makes sense.

“Would you like to come on a walk with me through the village?”

“Hm? Sure. Might as well see how lively the village is.” And so we begin to walk, with me going at the slower, younger girl’s pace.

“Thank you very much for coming here, really…”

“Nooo problem at all.” I continue to walk and I feel the presence of a few youkai. Must be nothing, really…. Most hostile youkai wouldn’t take too long before they went attacking, and even then they’re young, stupid, bestial, or all of the above.

“How have you been, miss Hakurei?”

“Oh, just fine.” I smile. “I’ve had a few visitors yesterday, so it was quite fun. They didn’t just mooch off me, after all.”

Akyuu giggles, covering her mouth with her sleeve politely. “I see. That’s good to hear. It has been rather quiet, lately, hasn’t it?”

“Yeah. Ever since those girls made a fuss over the giant doll the kappa made, it’s been pretty quiet.”

“Mmhm… Well. May I ask what you thought about my book?”

“Oh, it was nice, mostly. I don’t think you should have lied about some things, but… well, I guess that was the best way to gain favor with the youkai.”

By this time we reach the busy marketplace. But at least I can see Reisen’s medicine stand, which has a few old people speaking with her. Moving along, I can see Youmu carrying a lot of groceries on a basket on her back. Geeze, she almost looks like an animal of burden like that… she’s talking to what appears to be a rabbit dressed in the same style as Reisen, with silver hair and a chest that is… yet again just a bit larger than mine. She appears to be selling… uh…. Candy. Youmu ends up paying for almost half the stuff there. I walk over to her, bringing Akyuu with me.

“Hey Youmu.”

It takes her a moment before she turns to face me. Dear gods the bags under her face are much larger since I last saw her. It’s been what, a month since she came around to play? Something like that. “Oh, hey… I’m not sleepy.”

She’s sleepy. “Right.”

Akyuu smiles at her worriedly. “Um… you should get some rest, miss Konpaku.”

Youmu shrugs, looking a tad grumpy. “I’m sorry, I have to go make today’s dinner.”

“…. Before noon?” I ask.

“Proper planning is crucial…” she says, tensing her shoulders and relaxing them. She sighs, turning away as she tries to hide her yawn. “… Sorry, but I can’t play today.”

“That’s… fine.” I say. Is everyone overworked? Youmu walks off and I turn to Akyuu, who shrugs. “Hey, you hungry?”

“I only recently ate breakfast…”

I glance at the candy, disappointed. I forgot to bring some money with me. The rabbit hasn’t tried to talk to us yet, if only to hawk her candy… how odd. With a shrug, we keep on walking.

“She looked dreadful…” Akyuu states.

“Yeah, I know. Maybe… I should have a talk with her mistress,” I reply.

“That would be wise… even half-ghosts have their limits, no?”

I notice that Akyuu’s slowing down, but I continue at the same pace. There’s a lot of wide, open space here. I smile at Keine, who I see crossing the corner with some children. Is she taking her class out on trip?

“Hey, Keine!”

“Oh, hello Reimu.” She smiles at me. Seems like she isn’t holding it against me what I did yesterday. That’s good!

“Glad to see Akyuu took care of-“ I pause as I hear the fluttering of wings and feel the presence of youkai coming closer. Turning around, I see that I’m too late.

“I envy your lives!” exclaims a certain blue figure, jumping off the rooftop and landing in front of Akyuu, causing Keine’s class to gasp and move back in fear; Keine, of course, moves in front to protect them.

“Attention humans!” comes another voice, this time that one girl who keeps on selling those eels. She lands beside Akyuu, posing in a silly manner. Like, overdoing it, I’d say.

“W…we are tired of your oppression!” A third voice. Landing behind Akyuu is a bird youkai, with white hair that has blue highlights, and a red and blue dress. She looks rather nervous as she reaches for one of Akyuu’s arms.

“We have decided to take matters into our own hands!” the umbrella youkai states, stepping a bit closer to the children.

“Fulfill our demands, and this little girl won’t be hurt!” the pink haired bird youkai in a brown dress says, attempting to sing the line but failing somewhat.

“W…we want full access to the village! A-and the return of our books!” The white-haired birdie demands.

“I, Mystia Lorelei, also demand a place to sing! And no more eating yakitori!”

The heterochromatic, blue clad karakasa looks at me, smiling. “What say you, maiden? Will you accept our demands, or shall we take your little friend here?”

What to do about this…

[ ] Just get this over with and bomb ‘em.
[ ] Ham it up! Let’s get a good show out of this for everyone!
[ ] Accept their demands
[ ] Shrug and wander off. I have better things to do than play around.
>> No. 97769
[X] Ham it up! Let’s get a good show out of this for everyone!

Oh gods, Yuuka is hot!

With that out of the way, I'd like to suggest we make this enjoyable for everyone. Be the hero, beat the monsters, save the girl, win a kiss. Putting on a show will get us some donations, and once that's out of the way we can play the part of the good sportsman and help these cute little youkai with their problems.
>> No. 97786
[X] Ham it up! Let’s get a good show out of this for everyone!
>> No. 97789
File 125526745587.png - (37.87KB , 400x400 , 1220020290137.png ) [iqdb]
97789
[x] Ham it up! Let’s get a good show out of this for everyone!

I enjoy your Reimu and Yuuka. Have this picture as an offering.
>> No. 97792
[x] Ham it up! Let’s get a good show out of this for everyone!

Maybe if they didn't pull such a stunt their request would be a bit more reasonable.
>> No. 97851
[x] Ham it up! Let’s get a good show out of this for everyone!

More bravado and drama than a crappy shonen anime.
>> No. 97890
[ ] Ham it up! Let’s get a good show out of this for everyone!

Delicious Yuuka scene was delicious.
In more ways then one!
>> No. 98678
[X] Ham it up! Let’s get a good show out of this for everyone!

So, assaulted by Kogasa, Mystia, and.... Tokiko?
Quite an odd combination, If I do say so myself.
>> No. 101632
File 125693209160.jpg - (96.67KB , 600x600 , b9596eb817e6062a03ff0df16dd65f9e.jpg ) [iqdb]
101632
Shitty update. Will try to improve. Maybe Sunday update. Short and sweet might be better when dealing with ‘incidents’, perhaps?

-----

I purse my lips. I’m at the center of attention. I’m starting too many sentences with “I”. My throat seems to get dry as hesitation wells up within me. Normally I’d be quipping back at them, but…

I glance to my left, and to the right. Various villagers are staring at me. Some are children, such as the particularly obstinately adventurous of Keine’s students. Others are adults, obviously. I see the florist woman who seems to be one of the few unafraid of Yuuka and the old herbalist of a village doctor, along with her apprentices. I feel like she should have one more, though.... There are a few lightly armored guards carrying naginata, holding them as if prepared to charge and skewer the youkai, but they don’t just yet. As I try to spot someone in the crowd that can help me get through this, I spot two outsiders standing at a stall. One seems to have her brown hair tied up high, with a yellow hair clip holding some of it up. Her blue eyes focus on me, with her lips curling into an encouraging smile. Oh, yeah, that furniture chick. She’s standing next to an outsider wearing a scarf (in this weather?) and a dapper sort of cap, carrying a very young bunny youkai on his shoulders. The youkai appears to be eating a snack. The second outsider focuses on me for a moment, giving me a nod and a smile, before pulling out a pocket watch and checking it.

“You better place your attention on us, shrine maiden,” the singing sparrow says as she sways an arm toward Akyuu, “or else with blood your path will be laden!”

Did she really make that up just now? It’s kind of…

I should really get out of my own head.

I look over at Akyuu and then force my lips to curl into a smile. Then the next moment I’m scowling at the umbrella and the two birds. I force a laugh.

“Seriously?”

“Huh?” the umbrella says, blinking at me as her demeanor seems to falter.

“Where do you think you are?” I continue, “Here, this village unsullied by horrific youkai such as yourselves! We have defended ourselves for hundreds of years and yet you try such a trifling little act? Bah, I’d rather just space out at the shrine than deal with this!”

“Err….” The karakasa glances back at her companions. The ibis shrugs, while the sparrow steps forward, putting on a tough face, and points at me.

“Yeah, well, that’s hardly special!”

I take a breath, then pull out my gohei from one of my sleeves and point it straight at her. “I’ve defeated vampires, ghosts, the Judge of the friggin’ Dead, and even gods! Who the hell do you think I am?! I’ll defeat you all before the day is through!”

Many of the villagers clap for me, apparently impressed by my little… uh… speech, though it might be from politeness. The clapping subsides soon after as a voice comes from the side.

“What’s going on here? Reimu? Kogasa?”

Oh great, I know that voice. As the collective attention turns to this speaker, I notice that it’s none other than my second (and greatest) rival, that temple monk! This time she’s wearing clothes definitely unsuited to Gensokyo! She has nothing on her head of strangely colored hair and she seems to be wearing nothing more than simple red monk clothes, something more suited to south Asia than east. Looks like an oversize blanket, really.

“Errr… um….” The umbrella states. Her name’s Kogasa? Huh. “”Wha-what are you doing here?”

“I’m out begging for food. After reading a book that miss Hakurei lent me, I learned about the Buddhism in other countries and… well, more importantly, just what are you four doing?” Though she looks calm, something about her face seems to say that she’ll get to blasting us with danmaku in a moment’s notice.

What to tell her.
[ ] “We’re just playing a game.”
[ ] “Those three are kidnapping a girl!”
[ ] "Don't you have until noon to get food? You wouldn't want to starve the rest of the day, you know."
[ ] Let one of those three handle it
[ ] Let Koishi handle it. My gut tells me she’s around here somewhere…
>> No. 101638
[X] "... we were putting on a show for everyone when you decided to butt in and ruin it! It's common courtesy not to intrude on performances. After all that practice, too..."
[X] Pout.
[X] "Well, fine! Come on girls, we'll go back to Akyu's house and find some other way to entertain people."
[X] Hurry up and usher those three youkai along toward the Hieda house before one of them can say something to muck up your cover. Akyu shouldn't mind bailing them out for a little while.
[X] "Some people just have no sense of timing or drama at all!"

Byakuren, you dummy, you really did ruin it for us! We can't put on a show, and bail those three out after such a rude interruption. We should just head back to Akyu's place and get them all out of trouble; Akyu probably won't mind housing them for a little while as long as we keep the peace.

We may want to make them repay us for all the trouble, though. If you catch my drift. They might owe Akyu a little something for the trouble too...
>> No. 101651
>>101638
If this is as good an idea as it sounds like, consider this a vote for it.

Can I get an awesome-confirmation check, here?
>> No. 101655
[x] "... we were putting on a show for everyone when you decided to butt in and ruin it! It's common courtesy not to intrude on performances. After all that practice, too..."
[x] Pout.
[x] "Well, fine! Come on girls, we'll go back to Akyu's house and find some other way to entertain people."
[x] Hurry up and usher those three youkai along toward the Hieda house before one of them can say something to muck up your cover. Akyu shouldn't mind bailing them out for a little while.
[x] "Some people just have no sense of timing or drama at all!"

Sounds good to me.
>> No. 101692
[x] "... we were putting on a show for everyone when you decided to butt in and ruin it! It's common courtesy not to intrude on performances. After all that practice, too..."
[x] Pout.
[x] "Well, fine! Come on girls, we'll go back to Akyu's house and find some other way to entertain people."
[x] Hurry up and usher those three youkai along toward the Hieda house before one of them can say something to muck up your cover. Akyu shouldn't mind bailing them out for a little while.
[x] "Some people just have no sense of timing or drama at all!"
>> No. 101702
[X] "... we were putting on a show for everyone when you decided to butt in and ruin it! It's common courtesy not to intrude on performances. After all that practice, too..."
[X] Pout.
[X] "Well, fine! Come on girls, we'll go back to Akyu's house and find some other way to entertain people."
[X] Hurry up and usher those three youkai along toward the Hieda house before one of them can say something to muck up your cover. Akyu shouldn't mind bailing them out for a little while.
[X] "Some people just have no sense of timing or drama at all!"
>> No. 101939
File 125713889085.png - (57.19KB , 450x480 , 12553284449.png ) [iqdb]
101939
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Buddhist_Monk_in_Drepung_Monastery_near_Lhasa_Tibet_Luca_Galuzzi_2006.jpg

Byakuren is wearing something like that.

Also, props to our artistic types in /i/ for providing the picture to the left.

-----

I stare at the red-clad magician for a moment, disappointment and anger welling up inside of me. "... we were putting on a show for everyone when you decided to butt in and ruin it! It's common courtesy not to intrude on performances. After all that practice, too..." I pout, letting the disappointment overtake me more than the anger. Blowing up at her would make things worse, after all.

The night sparrow spoke up immediately after. “Wa…wait, practi- oof!”

“I…” Byakuren begins.

If I had to guess, one of the others elbowed her in the rib. “Well, fine! Come on girls, we'll go back to Akyu's house and find some other way to entertain people." I move toward the three and begin to lead the out toward where I believe Akyuu’s house is located. The three youkai give vague protestations, but I think I’ve got this in the bag.

“I… I didn’t mean to!” Byakuren exclaims.

I turn around to look at her and I can see that girl from my dream pop out behind her. "Some people just have no sense of timing or drama at all!"

“I-I’m sorry!” she exclaims one last time before she’s tapped on the shoulder. Koishi stands on her tip toes and whispers something into her ear.

I hurry them past Keine’s group, giving them an apologetic look, and Keine gives me a comforting smile in return. However, Kogasa steps out near the younger children and in my hurry I move past her. The karakasa opens up her umbrella, looking down at the children as she puts on the scariest demeanor she can. “I’m going to eat you~”

Some of the children scream in fright, but as I turn around to reach for her (shouting “Hey!” in the process), one of the girls starts wailing on her head with a wooden training stick. “Don’t pick on us you mean youkai!”

“Ow ow ow! H-hey, you’re a kid stop- OW!” Kogasa whines.

I decide not to stop the kid, being more than a bit amused.

The bokken rises up in the air once more, but before it can go down to hit Kogasa on the head, Keine clears her throat loudly. “Now then, class, let’s just move on to the rest of our trip around the village. Our next stop is going to be the florist.”

With a theatrical sigh, I reach out and grab the too cute youkai, dragging her off. “All of you owe me – and Akyuu – big time for this,” I say to the three youkai as we walk through the somewhat empty street.

“Whatever,” Tokiko curtly comments, relaxing her grip around Akyuu’s shoulder.

“It’s no problem at all, actually…” Akyuu speaks. “Though, actually…”

“DEATH FROM ABOVE!” Some voice I don’t know and danmaku starts to rain upon us and I jump out of the way, as do the other youkai. However, they immediately start flying away from me.

I try to go after them. “Hey, wait u-“

BONK!

Something hard and painful, definitely not danmaku, hits me and bounces off. I’m left with stars in my vision as my body refuses to move. What the heck’s going on?! As soon as I recover, I spot a baseball on the ground. I immediately take to the sky, rubbing the huge bump on my head with my spare hand. “Okay, someone has to explain what’s going o-“ I easily dodge and weave between danmaku, which seems a bit excessive for first stage danmaku…

“Sorry Reimu!” comes Byakuren’s voice as she floats in front of me, beside a green-haired, yellow-winged fairy wearing a blue dress who happens to be carrying a wingless fairy with dark, turquoise hair, a white shirt and blue… overalls?! Aren’t they supposed to be wearing dresses and skirts or just plain shorts? “They’ve convinced me to help supply danmaku! Apparently most of the other fairies don’t want to…”

And so they flew away – with the green-haired one having some difficulty carrying the other – and started shooting out various easy patterns for me to dodge. Sigh. Are they trying to force this incident onto me?! I guess I can’t complain…

Deciding not to attack any of them for now, I continue to weave through their various patterns; they seem to have been joined by that ice fairy and a few other ones. Weaving past a particularly tough section of danmaku, I quickly head straight up and hit my head on something. Ow! Rubbing my head, I look above myself and see a flickering… eye?! The eye seems to become visible; it is black, overall, about the size of my head, with two purple wings on its ‘back’, a halo above its head, its iris is red, and it has something that looks like a red E underneath. It starts to flicker back into invisibility, but it doesn’t seem to work all too well as I can see sparks coming out of it.

[ ] Considering that thing’s ‘causing me even more head pain, I decide to follow it… especially since it looks somewhat familiar.
[ ] No, enough distractions. I should save Akyuu first. Damn if my head doesn’t hurt, though.

While I’m at it, might as well choose my shot type:
[ ] Mixed Magical Arts
[ ] Reimu Type A: Spirit Spell Card
[ ] Reimu Type B: Dream Spell Card
[ ] Reimu Type C: Unnamed Spell Card
>> No. 101947
[x] No, enough distractions. I should save Akyuu first. Damn if my head doesn’t hurt, though.
[x] Mixed Magical Arts
>> No. 101963
[x] Considering that thing’s ‘causing me even more head pain, I decide to follow it… especially since it looks somewhat familiar.
[x] Mixed Magical Arts
>> No. 101967
[x] Considering that thing’s ‘causing me even more head pain, I decide to follow it… especially since it looks somewhat familiar.
[x] Mixed Magical Arts
>> No. 101969
[X] No, enough distractions. I should save Akyuu first. Damn if my head doesn’t hurt, though.
[X] Reimu Type B: Dream Spell Card
>> No. 101972
[X] No, enough distractions. I should save Akyuu first. Damn if my head doesn’t hurt, though.
[X] Mixed Magical Arts

No distractions, folks. Need to teach teach those youkai girls some proper manners, and recover our friend!
>> No. 101984
[x] Considering that thing’s ‘causing me even more head pain, I decide to follow it… especially since it looks somewhat familiar.
[x] Mixed Magical Arts
>> No. 102003
[x] No, enough distractions. I should save Akyuu first. Damn if my head doesn’t hurt, though.
[x] Mixed Magical Arts

The extra stage boss can wait, we're just getting started. And also we should maybe protect the village or whatever.
>> No. 102008
[x] No, enough distractions. I should save Akyuu first. Damn if my head doesn’t hurt, though.
[x] Mixed Magical Arts

Saving Akyu first would mean a slight increase in faith/donations at least.
>> No. 102023
[x] No, enough distractions. I should save Akyuu first. Damn if my head doesn’t hurt, though.
[x] Mixed Magical Arts

Rika's trapping skill couldn't even trap Bridget.
>> No. 103381
[X] No, enough distractions. I should save Akyuu first. Damn if my head doesn’t hurt, though.
[X] Mixed Magical Arts
[X] GO THE FUCK TO BED BECAUSE YOU HAVE SCHOOL IN THE MORNING.
>> No. 103461
File 125808579626.png - (199.03KB , 800x790 , 158d4890b7455c91d4ff4162c952a87f.png ) [iqdb]
103461
>>103381

Shush, you. Also? Colds suck.


---------------

My head is throbbing from the poor abuse it has suffered. However, no matter how much I want to blast that weird eye thing out of the sky, saving Akyuu from those ‘despicable’ is a far greater priority. After all, imagine how many donations I can ge- er, how happy she’ll be to be cradled in my protective arms as we fly back to the village, her small arms wrapped around my neck as she leans in to kiss me…

Danmaku flies past my face, snapping me out of my daze. Work now, pedophilic knightly fantasies later! I quickly make my way past the rest of the stage.

Looking to the left, looking to the right, looking up, looking down, I don’t see anything. The fairies, generic youkai, and Byakuren aren’t really in sight… Maybe they left to prepare for the next stage. With a sigh, I gaze down to examine where I am: far behind me I can see the various farmland and pastures that support the human village, and below myself I can see wild fields. In the direction I was headed a portion of the Forest with a thick green canopy; it definitely doesn’t have any magicians living in this area.

Gazing up at the sunshine-soaked sky, I see some white ball flying at it. Thankfully I move aside quickly enough to avoid it. However, as I look over to find the source of that baseball, I see a dark figure rapidly approaching me while wielding a long sort of clu- it swings it at me, though I raise my hands (and gohei) to create a barrier to block it. Almost immediately the figure ‘jumps’ away, strafing around me. I fire off a few amulets ahead of her, hitting her and causing her to nearly lose her flight. Man, she’s weak.

“So you’re Reimu!” the person exclaims with a grating voice.

“Uh… yeah? Nice to see someone new actually recognizes me,” I reply.

The girl grins. Her hair is short and black, her shirt is white with a black ribbon on the front, and her pants are black but the very bottoms of her leggings are fluffy and white, almost like feathers. On her head is a black cap, sprouting from her back are two slender black wings and she has a bag of newspaper rolls slung over her shoulder… If it weren’t for the unorthodox dress, I’d say that was a tengu…. She looks somewhat like Aya, actually.

The tengu raises her wooden baseball bat and suddenly disappears in a blur, though I see her diving now. Before I knew it, I was hit in the back with some danmaku and I turn around. She swings her bat at me and fires off somewhat, but not quite, transparent danmaku – I guess she’s chosen the wind as her theme. Dodging between her rather simplistic pattern (she is a first stage boss after all), I come in close and slap her across the face.

“Hey, what’s wrong wit’ you?!” she exclaims, her pattern interrupted.

“What’s wrong with you?” I retort cleverly, “we’re doing mixed magical arts this time around!”

“Da heck? Why’re we gonna do that? We’re up in da sky, chucklenuts!”

“Hey, not my fault! Blame the voters!”

“I’ll blame ya if I want!” She raises up her bat and holds it in both hands like a sword. “BatterSWING!”

I back away in time, naturally, and she nearly loses her balance… somehow.

“Okay, okay, you know what, fine! Let’s do this! Just… just gimme a minute to fix my spellcards here.” She turns around and starts to fumble with something.

I guess I can…
[ ] Wait patiently for her
- [ ] Pre-fight banter (write-in)
-- [ ] “Wait a minute, weren’t you the one who hit me with something at the village?”
-- [ ] "Who the hell're you, anyways?"
[ ] Fly past her. Can’t keep Akyuu waiting!
[ ] Blow her out of the sky
[ ] Write-in
>> No. 103468
>(she is a first stage boss after all)
>“Hey, not my fault! Blame the voters!”
ಠ_ಠ

[x] <Whatever ends up winning.>
[x] No more fucking fourth-wall-breaking like that.
[x] More filthy and wonderful thoughts about Akyu.
>> No. 103471
File 125809153582.jpg - (156.87KB , 559x527 , akyu008.jpg ) [iqdb]
103471
[X] Fly past her. Can’t keep Akyuu waiting!

We have an Akyu to rescue and snuggle~

And make sweet, sweet love to.
>> No. 103493
File 12581166369.jpg - (442.66KB , 800x695 , 1241999021960.jpg ) [iqdb]
103493
[c] Fly past her. Can’t keep Akyuu waiting!

Picture relevant?
>> No. 103502
[X] Fly past her. Can’t keep Akyuu waiting!
-[x] And if that Damned nameless Tengu keeps bugging you, blast her out of the sky.
>> No. 103505
[x] No more fucking fourth-wall-breaking like that.
[x] "Blow" her out of the sky.
-{} If you know what I mean.
>> No. 103506
>>103468

Yeah, the voter comment wasn't so good in hindsight. You can't complain about the stage boss stuff, though. It's canon.

>>103493

If that's what the voters wish!

I'm in a good mood, so I'll update today. So at around 2:30 pm PST I will close the votes and start writing. Depending on how quickly things go, I might even update a second time today.
>> No. 103515
Voting is now closed. Authors are now writing. Please wait warmly.
>> No. 103572
Here is the new thread: http://www.touhou-project.com/th/res/103570.html

Thank you all for putting up with all my faults these past seven months.