[Return]
Archived thread

File 123972760168.jpg - (478.06KB , 752x1062 , usaaaa.jpg ) [iqdb]
84103 No. 84103
"Just you wait, Tewi." You say. "I'll have you moaning my name soon enough."
She lets go of your nose and grins. "You better do." She says.
"So if I'm Oni, what are you?" You ask. "Tewi isn't exactly a common name."
"Usaaaa~" She makes a strange sort of sound, grinning and finally letting go of you. She springs up off your lap and hops a couple of steps backwards, holding her head high and placing a hand on her chest.
"I am Tewi Inaba." She says. "I didn't lead you down this rabbit hole, but I do belong here."
"Rabbit hole?" You frown. "I thought you said you were a mouse, on the roof."
"Mouse, rabbit, vole, sparrow." She shrugs.
"You're ... " You rub your eyes, too tired to work this out right now. "Small and easily preyed on?" You grin.
Tewi shakes her head. "I'm hard to find."

"You must be." You say, looking her up and down. Tewi might be cute, but she's also very lightly built. Her legs are exposed by that shirt, but they're quite thin and pale. "Rinnosuke said you were surviving out here on your own."
Tewi winks at you. "Pigsy tells tall tales."
"So you weren't out here alone?"
"Mmm." Tewi hops onto one foot, biting her lip and thinking. "Can't lie to an Oni." She says.
"Indeed." You say, feeling a little smug at that. At least she can't out-right lie. "You weren't alone?"
Tewi shakes her head. "The hiding dormouse is never entirely alone. But he doesn't want to meet his neighbours."
You frown. "There's other people out there?" You ask.
"People?" Tewi throws her head back and laughs, rocking on the balls of her feet. "No, no people."
"Then what?"
"Darkness and predators. Things that stay outside. Bad for a little rabbit." She says.

You sigh. "Talking to you is like playing a constant game of riddles."
Tewi grins back at you. "Some things are more straightforward than conversation." She says.
"They are, but not when you're as tired as I am now." You say, raising an eyebrow at her and sighing. She just giggles, rocking back and fourth on the spot, hands clasped behind her back.

You yawn wide, blinking the sleep back a few more minutes.

[ ] Talk to Tewi more.
[ ] Ask about a place to sleep.
[ ] Go find Satori, you'd rather sleep in the same room as her.
[ ] Go find Rinnosuke. Get unbiased advice.
[ ] Go find Youmu. Before you sleep you should settle things with her.

>> No. 84104
{X} Ask about a place to sleep.
>> No. 84105
[x] Ask about a place to sleep.
>> No. 84106
[x] Go find Youmu. Before you sleep you should settle things with her.
[x] Go find Satori, you'd rather sleep in the same room as her.
Sounds good to me.
>> No. 84107
[x] Tell Tewi you'll continue the conversation with her when you see her next. It's no fun playing games like this in the state you're in.
[x] Go find Satori, you'd rather sleep in the same room as her.
>> No. 84108
[x] Ask about a place to sleep.
[x] Go find Rinnosuke. Get unbiased advice.
I kinda worry about the effect on this guy if he sees us getting it on with too many different girls.
>> No. 84110
[x] Ask about a place to sleep.
>> No. 84111
[ ] Go find Satori, you'd rather sleep in the same room as her.
>> No. 84112
[X]Ask about a place to sleep
[X] Give Tewi a quick kiss before heading off to sleep.

Careful with the room option Anon. You don't want to rape anyone in your sleep, do you?
>> No. 84113
Actually, I think I'll have some fun.

[X] "An active bunny is a fun bunny for an active oni," ruffle Tewi's hair, "but a tired oni can't keep up."
[X] "So, this tired oni is going to find himself a dreamy girl, and go curl up."
[X] "And tomorrow an active oni can play with you, yes?"
[X] Go find Satori, you'd rather sleep in the same room as her.

I like Tewi, I do. But, well, I don't think we'll get much sleeping done if she shares a bed with us.
>> No. 84114
[X] Go find Satori, you'd rather sleep in the same room as her.

>>84112
>You don't want to rape anyone in your sleep, do you?
Or do we?
>> No. 84115
[x] Ask about a place to sleep.
>> No. 84117
[x] Go find Satori, you'd rather sleep in the same room as her.
>> No. 84118
[X] Go find Satori, you'd rather sleep in the same room as her.
deal with Youmu later.
>> No. 84120
[x] Ask about a place to sleep.
>> No. 84122
[X] "An active bunny is a fun bunny for an active oni," ruffle Tewi's hair, "but a tired oni can't keep up."
[X] "So, this tired oni is going to find himself a dreamy girl, and go curl up."
[X] "And tomorrow an active oni can play with you, yes?"
[X] Go find Satori, you'd rather sleep in the same room as her.
>> No. 84124
[X] "An active bunny is a fun bunny for an active oni," ruffle Tewi's hair, "but a tired oni can't keep up."
[X] "So, this tired oni is going to find himself a dreamy girl, and go curl up."
[X] "And tomorrow an active oni can play with you, yes?"
[X] Go find Satori, you'd rather sleep in the same room as her.
>> No. 84125
Writing now.
>> No. 84126
[x] Ask about a place to sleep.

Plain and simple.
>> No. 84132
"I think I'm going to find somewhere to sleep now." You say, standing up and stretching your arms.
"All worn out~" Tewi says, grinning.
"Mmm." You grunt, rubbing your eyes. "I'll play with you tomorrow Tewi."
"You better do. Big strong Oni needs his exercise." She says, bouncing over to the chair you just left, plonking herself down and spinning to face the keyboard.
"Night Tewi." You say.
"Goodnight Oni~" She says, already tapping away at something.

You head back into the corridor, passing the room Satori led you to before. Where's she got to? You want to sleep, but you don't feel entirely comfortable in this place yet. Sure, nobody's tried to kill you since you got your name back, but the events of the last few hours have generated some justified paranoia.
But you trust Satori. You're sure of that. If nothing else, you'd really prefer to sleep in the same room as her.
There's a couple of other doors here, but you can't hear anything until you turn the corner in the corridor. Four more doors. One of them to the right is ajar, and you can see a couple of bare mattresses and some boxes through the gap. The other three are closed. A soft, muffled voice is coming from the one directly to your left. You step over and knock on the door, too tired to worry about interrupting something.

"Just a moment please." Ah, that's Youmu. The door swings inwards and she blinks at you. She's changed her clothes, wearing plain loose trousers and a green tank-top, underneath which her chest is wrapped in layers of bandage-like cloth. She's holding a mobile phone in one hand, the mouthpiece covered with her palm.
"Sorry." You say. "I was looking for Satori, and I sort of need somewhere to sleep."
Youmu nods. "Of course. Just a moment." She raises the phone back to her face, turning sideways and lowering her voice. "I need to go, you get to sleep. I'll speak to you later. Night." She closes the phone and slips it into her pocket before looking back at you and raising an eyebrow. "You met Sigma, didn't you?" She asks without preamble.
You blink. "Yes, earlier, after you left."
Youmu frowns slightly. "Indeed. I need to speak to you."
"Now?" You ask. "I'm exhausted."
"Yes, now." Youmu says, folding her arms. At least that dammed sword isn't at her waist anymore.

[ ] No. You need to sleep. Ask her where Satori is.
[ ] Alright, what does she have to say?
>> No. 84134
[x] No. You need to sleep. Ask her where Satori is.

Mind tired. Can no longer process.
>> No. 84135
[x] Ask her if it can wait until morning. If it can't, respond to it with the best of your ability but keep it brief.
[x] Regardless, you need to sleep. Ask her where Satori is when it seems convenient.
>> No. 84136
[ ] Alright, what does she have to say?
>> No. 84137
[X] Alright, what does she have to say?
>> No. 84138
[x] Alright, what does she have to say?

Uhhh Fine.

Oni neeeeeed sleep.
>> No. 84139
[X] Alright, what does she have to say?
>> No. 84140
[X] No. You need to sleep. Ask her where Satori is.

We owe her no favors.
>> No. 84141
[X] Alright, what does she have to say?
>> No. 84143
[x] Alright, what does she have to say?
>> No. 84144
[X] No. You need to sleep. Ask her where Satori is.

We'll collapse any second now.
>> No. 84145
[x] Alright, what does she have to say?
>> No. 84147
[ ] Alright, what does she have to say?
>> No. 84148
[X] Alright, what does she have to say?
>> No. 84149
[X] Alright, what does she have to say?

We can always stop if it gets too much
>> No. 84150
[X] Alright, what does she have to say?
>> No. 84151
Writing now.
>> No. 84152
Sorry that took so long, having some trouble.

==

"Alright Youmu." You say. "But I'm really tired, I'm not going to be much use."
"Never mind about that." She says, stepping backwards and nodding you into the room. You step inside and she shuts the door after you.
There's very little in here, just another mattress on the floor with some sheets, Youmu's sword and a second blade lying on the bed, a couple of well-thumbed books and a pile of dirty clothes.
Youmu turns to face you, arms still folded. "So you spoke to Sigma." She says. "What's your name?"
"Hibiki Onizuka." You say.
Youmu nods, face impassive. "Good."
"Good?" You ask.
"Rinnosuke already told me your name. It's good that you didn't lie."
You frown. "Why would I lie?"

Youmu shrugs. "Many reasons."
"You don't trust me yet, do you?" You ask. Youmu shakes her head.
"No." She says. "Nothing personal." She adds in a disinterested tone.
"Yeah, whatever." You say, pinching the bridge of your nose and sighing. "Why don't you trust me?"
"I don't know you." Youmu says, staring at you with her cold eyes. "I know you're an Oni and I know your name."
You stare back at her. She's pale and tired, probably more tired than you are. Behind all this vague hostility there's a weariness, a sheer psychological exhaustion about her, wrapped in a layer of tightly disciplined energy. She's careful and precise, cold and rational, but full of something more sinister. Drive? Passion? Purpose?

Ruthlessness?

She frowns. "What are you staring at?" She asks.
You blink, taking a deep breath. "Nothing, you just look tired."
"Humph." She grunts. "Don't presume you know anything about me. In return ... I won't presume I know anything about you." She says.
You raise an eyebrow in question. "What are you getting at?"
Youmu sighs. "We need all the help we can get." She says. "But I don't know you, Hibiki. I don't know who you are. I don't know anything about you. I need to."
"Okay." You nod. "I think I see what you're getting at."
Youmu nods as well, but she still doesn't smile. "We have a deal then?"
"I get the general idea." You say. "But what exactly do you want to do about that?"
She frowns. "I ... To be honest, I'm not sure." She looks you up and down, but her gaze is more that of a guerilla fighter than of a woman. She's not looking at you like that.

[ ] This can wait until tomorrow. Bid her goodnight for now and ask where Satori is.
[ ] Why not just talk? Ask her about:
-[ ] Herself.
-[ ] How her broken rib feels now.
-[ ] About the other members of the group.
-[ ] About the town.
-[ ] About something else.
>> No. 84153
[X] This can wait until tomorrow. Bid her goodnight for now and ask where Satori is.

SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP
>> No. 84154
[ ] This can wait until tomorrow. Bid her goodnight for now and ask where Satori is.
>> No. 84156
[x] This can wait until tomorrow. Bid her goodnight for now and ask where Satori is.
>> No. 84157
[x]Suggest sex.

[x] This can wait until tomorrow. Bid her goodnight for now and ask where Satori is.

Sleepy Oni is sleepy and Oni.
>> No. 84158
[X] This can wait until tomorrow. Bid her goodnight for now and ask where Satori is.

Goddamnit I don't have time for your bullshit woman I wanna get some sleep geeze
>> No. 84159
[X] This can wait until tomorrow. Bid her goodnight for now and ask where Satori is.

Getting to know one another can wait until both of us aren't too tired to think straight.
>> No. 84160
[X] This can wait until tomorrow. Bid her goodnight for now and ask where Satori is.
>> No. 84161
[x] This can wait until tomorrow. Bid her goodnight for now and ask where Satori is.
>> No. 84163
[X] Why not just talk? Ask her about:
-[X] How her broken rib feels now.
-[X] About the town.
>> No. 84164
[X] Why not just talk? Ask her about:
-[X] How her broken rib feels now.
-[X] About the other members of the group.
>> No. 84165
[X] This can wait until tomorrow. Bid her goodnight for now and ask where Satori is.
>> No. 84167
[X] Why not just talk? Ask her about:
-[X] How her broken rib feels now.
-[X] Herself.
>> No. 84168
>>"Rinnosuke already told me your name. It's good that you didn't lie."
>>"I know you're an Oni and I know your name."

...
We're not so tired as to not notice the contradiction there.
Although we probably ARE too tired to mention it.

>>She's careful and precise, cold and rational, but full of something more sinister. Drive? Passion? Purpose?

Nope. Vindictiveness. And possibly a little guilt (not over trying to kill us, though.)

>>Don't presume you know anything about me.

Ah, but you're such an open book~
Somehow, I like this Youmu.

>>[ ] Why not just talk?

I'd choose this, but I don't think we've the energy for a heart-to-heart at the moment.

[X] This can wait until tomorrow. Bid her goodnight for now and ask where Satori is
>> No. 84169
[X] Why not just talk? Ask her about:
-[X] How her broken rib feels now.
-[X] Herself.
>> No. 84170
[x] Ask her about how her broken rib feels now.
[x] The rest can wait until tomorrow. Bid her goodnight for now and ask where Satori is.
>> No. 84172
[X] Why not just talk? Ask her about:
-[X] How her broken rib feels now.
-[X] Herself.
>> No. 84173
>Behind all this vague hostility there's a weariness, a sheer psychological exhaustion about her, wrapped in a layer of tightly disciplined energy. She's careful and precise, cold and rational, but full of something more sinister. Drive? Passion? Purpose?

No.

>Ruthlessness?

No.

>Vindictiveness. And possibly a little guilt (not over trying to kill us, though.)

No.

"The way of the Samurai is in desperation. A person who is ready to do anything, regardless of danger cannot be killed, even by dozens of men. Great work can't be done sensibly. Become insane and desperate. In the way of the Samurai it is defeatism to mediate and discriminate in between this and that. It is needless to reason about loyalty and filial duty. You only have to be desperate."
Hagakure

[x] Why not just talk? Ask her about:
-[x] How her broken rib feels now.
>> No. 84176
>>84173

Youmu is not Youki.
She's nowhere near that wise.

Also, I fail to see how that quote is even relevant.
>>Great work can't be done sensibly
>>She's careful and precise, cold and rational
>> No. 84177
[x] Ask her about how her broken rib feels now.
[x] The rest can wait until tomorrow. Bid her goodnight for now and ask where Satori is.
>> No. 84178
>>84174
she virtually got all the work as a leader thrown on her after youki disappeared and has no idea how to handle all of this.
She is close to burning out and doesn't know what to do anymore so she makes crazy deccisions and moves.
She will bring the whole thing down if she doesn't relax a bit more and depend on others and has some faith and trust in someone else a bit more.
>> No. 84181
[X] Why not just talk? Ask her about:
-[X] How her broken rib feels now.
-[X] Herself.
>> No. 84182
[X] Why not just talk? Ask her about:
-[X] How her broken rib feels now.
-[X] Where are you going to sleep
>> No. 84187
>>84178

But it was being trusting that lead to Youki's disappearance, wasn't it?

As I said in >>84173 , it seems quite possible that she blames herself for not being cautious.
It would be for similar reasons that she is the de-facto leader now; she feels responsible for the group, and is compelled to attempt to fill Youki's shoes.

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about when you say "crazy decisions and moves".
Deciding to kill us was a bit harsh, but it was far from irrational. Plus, they did vote on it...
It's because she doesn't make crazy moves that she's an ideal commander, given their current situation. Plus, despite the loss of her father-figure, she had the strength to take initiative. Not many could do what she did. Her leadership probably served the group well up until we showed up.
>> No. 84191
[x] This can wait until tomorrow. Bid her goodnight for now and ask where Satori is
[x] "You get some rest too... I'm serious, you look half-dead beat."
>> No. 84192
Hmm... y'know what? Screw it. Changing vote, and adding a little:

[X] Why not just talk? Ask her about:
-[X] How her broken rib feels now.
-[X] Herself.
[X] "Sorry, but I don't know much about myself, either."

We can go imitate Komachi later.
We might not get another chance to talk to Youmu like this for a while.
>> No. 84200
>>84176
>Youmu is not Youki.

Clearly. Youki is dead.

What Youmu is, however, is a Samurai. As much as Hibiki is an Oni, as Tewi is a Rabbit, Youmu must be a Samurai.

Because if that is not what she is, that is what she must become. Or she will become Youki. Dead.

>>She's careful and precise, cold and rational

To this sentiment, I reiterate: No.

She is run-ragged, near death.

She is leaping at her own shadow.

She sees the threat in everyone and everything.

She admits she does not trust her allies, and she admits that she does not know how to go about doing so.

This is why she yet breathes.
>> No. 84203
[X] Why not just talk? Ask her about:
-[X] How her broken rib feels now.
-[X] Herself.
-[X] Tewi's findings
>> No. 84206
[X] Why not just talk? Ask her about:
-[X] How her broken rib feels now.
-[X] Herself.
-[X] Where are you going to sleep
>> No. 84207
>>84187
>I'm not quite sure what you're talking about when you say "crazy decisions and moves".

What i meant was she is going to do this in the future. She already showed it with wanting to kill us without reason at all. Even if the others agreed on it, they would have mostly listened to her, their sort of leader, after all.
>>84200
i agree with the 2nd part.
>> No. 84208
[X] Why not just talk? Ask her about:
-[X] How her broken rib feels now.
-[X] Herself.
-[X] Where are you going to sleep
[X] "Sorry, but I don't know much about myself, either."
>> No. 84211
>>84200

Okay, seriously.
You're either trolling or asking me to be condescending.

"Run ragged and near death"? "Jumping at her own shadow"? Those are lovely, dramatic words. Did you look them up yourself?

Your claims are wild, and I see nothing to back them up other than: "she voted to kill us" along with the majority of the group. She's obviously tired and stressed, but that doesn't even remotely imply that she's losing it. It's like saying that Freud's Oedipus Complex theory applies to everyone who doesn't get along with his father.

She trusts her allies, it's just that she doesn't see us as one of them yet. Considering that the last person they let in 'killed' her father not that long ago, I think that's to be expected.

Let's be honest here, your theory has no merit or proof, and you seem to be arguing "just cuz".

Also, it pisses me off when someone misuses a quote from a Japanese book of strategy/philosophy. That's the very definition of weeaboo.

(I apologize for the shitstorm, Sol.)
>> No. 84212
>>84207

Uh, she initiated a vote. That more than half of the members agreed with. I suppose you'll call them crazy, too?
The rational was that it was safer to kill us than let us live. From a strictly empirical standpoint, that would probably be true were we not so physically capable (such an ally would help them good deal), which they had no way of knowing.
>> No. 84213
>>What Youmu is, however, is a Samurai. As much as Hibiki is an Oni, as Tewi is a Rabbit, Youmu must be a Samurai.
>>Because if that is not what she is, that is what she must become. Or she will become Youki. Dead.

Right. Because Youki definitely wasn't a samurai.
..... ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 84216
[X] Why not just talk? Ask her about:
-[X] How her broken rib feels now.
-[X] Herself.
>> No. 84218
>>84211
>"Run ragged and near death"? "Jumping at her own shadow"? Those are lovely, dramatic words. Did you look them up yourself?

Yes, because I had to break open my thesaurus for words like "shadow" and "ragged". Like I have to now, to find an appropriately verbose synonym for "asshole": Fuckwit? Cooze? Shitstain? Dizzy bint? Or are these not suitably lovely enough?

>Your claims are wild, and I see nothing to back them up other than: "she voted to kill us" along with the majority of the group. She's obviously tired and stressed, but that doesn't even remotely imply that she's losing it.

My claims are wild? The only thing I asserted was that she was desperate, and that this is what has kept her alive thus far. When did I say that she was 'losing it'? You say she is tired and stressed, but desperation is too much a leap for you?

>It's like saying that Freud's Oedipus Complex theory applies to everyone who doesn't get along with his father.

It is impossible to convey in text how embarrassed I am for you right now.

>She trusts her allies, it's just that she doesn't see us as one of them yet.

Against all evidence. We don't know the specifics of how she became allied with the others, other than that she wasn't leading them at the time, and Youki was, but I don't think Rinnosuke for example could have shown the level of trustworthiness we have. In fact, given the divisiveness in the group: Everything goes to majority vote, we're tested in combat, we're tested by a mind reader, then tested again by a robot. All of this while knowing that we're an oni, and therefore cannot possibly lying. A rational, calculating Youmu would place far more trust in us than in the rest of her 'allies' who either haven't shown that can pull their weight in combat, don't trust her judgment, or had let her walk into alone what must have been a trap had we really been an adverse party.

Why alone? Is it really concern for their safety? Without her it seems they would be lost anyway. Or maybe she doesn't trust them to the point where she is willing to be alone with them and not get stabbed in the back?

If she completely trusted her allies, she would be stupid or insane. Any one of them could be a mole. I'm sure at least one is.

>Considering that the last person they let in 'killed' her father not that long ago, I think that's to be expected.

Yes, irrationality seems to be a matter of course here.

>Let's be honest here, your theory has no merit or proof, and you seem to be arguing "just cuz".

What theory? That every principal in the story has a role to play, and that if they do not play it well, they lose their abilities, and then die? Because I don't think I mentioned any of that earlier.

>Also, it pisses me off when someone misuses a quote from a Japanese book of strategy/philosophy. That's the very definition of weeaboo.

Okay, Chuckles, tell me: What would be the correct context to use that bit I quoted?

I await your exegesis with bated breath.

>>84213
>Right. Because Youki definitely wasn't a samurai.

Youki is a Hermit. He thinks about things deeply, asks the hard questions, contemplates, philosophizes. And though we cannot be sure he is dead--which is about as likely as he is dead in canon (i.e., not very)--we can be relatively sure that his fighting days are over, as, again, they are in canon.
>> No. 84221
>>I don't think Rinnosuke for example could have shown the level of trustworthiness we have. In fact, given the divisiveness in the group: Everything goes to majority vote, we're tested in combat, we're tested by a mind reader, then tested again by a robot. All of this while knowing that we're an oni, and therefore cannot possibly lying. A rational, calculating Youmu would place far more trust in us than in the rest of her 'allies' who either haven't shown that can pull their weight in combat, don't trust her judgment, or had let her walk into alone what must have been a trap had we really been an adverse party.

I'm not sure Youmu's lack of trust towards us is due to what you seem to think it's due to. It's not a matter of how well we can fight, or what we can or cannot do as an Oni. Knowing what we are and what we can do is not the same thing as knowing who we are. You say Rinnosuke couldn't have shown the level of trustworthiness that we have, but that's completely missing the point. She has every reason to trust him more than us because she knows him more than she knows us. She's been around him longer, interacted with him for longer, and so naturally has a far better grasp of who he is as a person than she could ever possibly have of us from the rather short amount of time we've been around her. I'm sure the same goes for pretty much everyone else in the group, too. Even whoever Youmu has known for the least amount of time is still bound to be better-known to her, and thus more trusted, than us.

Her lack of trust for us right now isn't due to our species or abilities, it's due to our unfamiliarity. It's the sort of trust that isn't earned in simple actions or learning superficial things like your name, but is grown and developed with repeated exposure.

Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.
>> No. 84222
>>Yes, because I had to break open my thesaurus for words like "shadow" and "ragged". Like I have to now, to find an appropriately verbose synonym for "asshole": Fuckwit? Cooze? Shitstain? Dizzy bint? Or are these not suitably lovely enough?

Using more complex vocabulary isn't the only way to create flowery writing. This is not elementary school (though it's starting to look like it, unfortunately.)

>>The only thing I asserted was that she was desperate, and that this is what has kept her alive thus far.

"Desperate" implies irrationality. That's what we're disagreeing about, here. Try to stay on-target.

>>It is impossible to convey in text how embarrassed I am for you right now.

Says the guy who quoted Hagakure.

>>We don't know the specifics of how she became allied with the others, other than that she wasn't leading them at the time, and Youki was

She is Youki's daughter. It is safe to assume she was one of the first, especially since Yukari began actively hunting Youki after he realized that something was wrong.

>>I don't think Rinnosuke for example could have shown the level of trustworthiness we have.

You don't think that after what happened with Youki, they wouldn't use the same testing on all the existing members? They've all been tested to the same extent as us, but they joined while Youki was still around. How can you say it's irrational to trust them more then some newcomer?

>>All of this while knowing that we're an oni, and therefore cannot possibly lying.

No, the robot told them we were an Oni. Even Tewi wouldn't have taken our earlier metaphor to be literal. It isn't that strange for someone's nose to be broken from a punch when the assailant is twice the victim's size, either.

>>A rational, calculating Youmu would place far more trust in us than in the rest of her 'allies' who either haven't shown that can pull their weight in combat, don't trust her judgment, or had let her walk into alone what must have been a trap had we really been an adverse party.

Okay, okay. Let me get this straight. You're saying she should be more trusting of a complete stranger who has shown that he is extremely dangerous and would trust her judgement the least out of the group (she's a stranger to us, too-- and one that tried to kill us at that)?
Also, you're wrong again: it wasn't a trap. WE were in the trap. They lured us out, then Youmu was supposed to take us down quickly, which didn't play out. As for the monsters, they were just a patrol unit. Get your facts straight.

>>Why alone? Is it really concern for their safety? Without her it seems they would be lost anyway.

Yes, probably. She wants to protect them. Because she trusts them. And-- I'm going out on a limb here-- odds are they would've stood better chance of surviving without her than with her when she sticks her neck out to eliminate an unknown threat.
How the fuck is this complicated?

>>If she completely trusted her allies, she would be stupid or insane. Any one of them could be a mole. I'm sure at least one is.

If that's true, why are they still around? A focused attack could wipe out the whole facility with incredible ease. There is no reason to mistrust her current allies, who have been there much longer than we have.
"Stupid or insane"? So, she's "desperate" (and, by extension, insane) because she doesn't trust anyone, but would be insane if she did trust her obvious allies? Hmm...

>>Yes, irrationality seems to be a matter of course here.

No, distrusting strangers seems to be a rational matter of course here. If having reasonable (and mostly benign) paranoia means you're desperate, then I guess I agree with you.

>>Okay, Chuckles, tell me: What would be the correct context to use that bit I quoted?

How about context it was used in? For members of a Japanese warrior caste that dedicated their lives to following a feudal lord and a particular code of honor. Again, how the fuck is this complicated?

>>Youki is a Hermit. He thinks about things deeply, asks the hard questions, contemplates, philosophizes. And though we cannot be sure he is dead--which is about as likely as he is dead in canon (i.e., not very)--we can be relatively sure that his fighting days are over

Just like Yamamoto Tsunetomo when the commentaries that became Hagakure occurred. So, by your logic, the person who you quoted didn't know what he was talking about. Go figure.
>> No. 84223
>>84191
doho
>> No. 84227
You shrug. "Why don't we just talk?"
"Talk?" Youmu asks.
"Yeah." You say. "That's probably the best way to get to know somebody, right?"
Youmu frowns, glancing down for a second and sucking on her teeth. "Mm, yes."
"I might be an Oni but I'm not the strong and silent type." You say.
"Indeed. You ... have a better handle on this than I do. Very well." Youmu says, nodding.
You gesture at her chest. "Hows your rib feel now?"
"Youmu glances down at herself, rolling her shoulders a little. Taught muscles flex and bunch under all those bandages. "Painful. It will heal with time." She says.
"Is that what the bandages are for?"
Youmu raises her eyebrows at you. "No, not at all. Individual broken ribs cannot be treated with things such as plaster or bandages."
"Then what's that for?" You ask.
"It's comfortable." Youmu shrugs.
Oh, right. She's binding her chest down. You were looking at her like a guerilla fighter as well, not as a woman. The chest wrappings make her flatter, probably makes it easier to wield a sword. Her bare arms aren't muscled, but toned. You can imagine the hours of practice she must have with those blades. Not for show either, she was extremely fast.

You take a deep breath before speaking. "I'm sorry I broke your rib."
She nods. "Apology accepted." She raises her hand, perhaps to shake yours in an gesture of peace, but then she winces and slowly clutches her side. "Ah."
"You okay?" You ask.
Youmu nods, closing her eyes. "I need to sit down." She hesitates for a moment, then eases herself back onto the mattress, sitting cross-legged and taking a few slow, shallow breaths. You watch her for a moment as she straightens up. "You are welcome to sit down too." She says, placing her hands on her knees, looking somewhat more calm.
"Thanks." You step over and sit down on the mattress facing Youmu, but keep a polite couple of feet between you and her.

"Apology accepted." Youmu repeats. "And ... I am sorry for attempting to kill you. It was necessary, but I hope it was a mistake." She nods.

[ ] "Likewise. Apology accepted."
[ ] "You hope?"
[ ] No, actually, that was reckless.
>> No. 84229
[x] "Likewise. Apology accepted."

Yeah, sorry for trying to kill you too.
>> No. 84230
[X] "You hope?" -Smile at her
[X] "Likewise. Apology accepted."
I like this Youmu. With all the dignified air around her and stuff, you can't help but feel she's still just a girl. And a pretty clueless one when it comes to human relations.
>> No. 84231
Adding-
[X] Poke her side, to see how soft she is.
>> No. 84232
>>84231
Oni strength - broken ribs. Great combination.
>> No. 84233
>>"Apology accepted." Youmu repeats. "And ... I am sorry for attempting to kill you. It was necessary, but I hope it was a mistake." She nods.

[X] "Trying to kill me, or apologizing for it?" Laugh.
[X] "Don't worry about it. You did what you thought was best."
>> No. 84235
>>84232
Oh come on, we're not that bad at controlling our strenght.

[X] "You hope?" -Smile at her
[X] "Likewise. Apology accepted."
>> No. 84236
>>84235

I'm afraid I'll have to agree with >>84232 .
Even if we didn't have Oni strength, poking someone in the ribs while knowing that one or more of them is broken seems like a dick move.

...

[X] Poke her side, to see how soft she is.
>> No. 84237
[x] "You hope?" Smile at her
[x] "Likewise. Apology accepted."
>> No. 84238
>>84236
>>84232
You're too punctual for your own good.
What's the problem to just poke her on the OTHER side?
Of course i didn't mean "Poke her on the broken rib with all your might". Meh.
>> No. 84239
[X] "You hope?" -Smile at her
[X] "Likewise. Apology accepted."
>> No. 84240
[x] "You hope?" Smile at her
[x] "Likewise. Apology accepted."
>> No. 84241
[x] "You hope?" Smile at her
[x] "Likewise. Apology accepted."
>> No. 84242
[x] "You hope?" Smile at her
[x] "Likewise. Apology accepted."
>> No. 84243
>>84238

Wait, which side did we hit?
Ah, screw it. Let's just poke her chest bindings.
So soft~
>> No. 84244
[x] Don't poke, anon. Don't poke.
>> No. 84246
[x] "Apology accepted."
[x] "But I still think you're wrong." Smile.

I cannot in good faith condone her trying to kill us. It was bad judgment. I can forgive her for it, and I can like her in spite of it, but that kind of shit cannot go on for any longer--not if we're going to be involved here in this group.
>> No. 84247
>>84244
Can you really resist?
Can you really not imagine her nimble figure under that dress, that pale white smooth skin, a blob of softness, just waiting to be poked?
CAN YOU RESIST?!
>> No. 84249
Writing now, but might get interrupted.
>> No. 84250
"You hope?" You ask. Youmu frowns for a second, but you smile at her. "It's fine, relax." You say. "Likewise. Apology accepted."
Youmu nods. "Thank you." She says. "And yes, I hope I was wrong in my assumption about you."
You spread your hands, shrugging. "I'm just as confused about this town as anyone else." Youmu narrows her eyes a little, then nods.
"It is a confusing place." She says. "I take it I do not need to advise you not to go out at night?"
You shake your head. Youmu frowns again. "There is one other thing I would like to ask you. Something I don't understand." She says.
"Go ahead."
"When you crossed the town, the hive did not react to you at all." She says. "That's why I assumed you were working with or for Yukari."
You nod. "Ah. I see."
"Indeed." Youmu says. "There are not many people in the town they actively ignore. It was our fight that triggered their attention."

"What about you?" You ask. "How did you get to that street without alerting them?" You stifle a yawn. Youmu's cold exterior and sudden willingness to talk woke you up only a little, you can feel sleep slowly returning, tugging at the back of your mind.
"I have learned various ways of ... misdirecting their attention." Youmu says. "But you ran across town. You were loud, I could hear you. Why did they not react to you?" She asks.
You shrug. "That's a good question." You say. "I don't know."
She considers you for a minute, in silence. Her eyes unblinking as she looks into yours. Finally she speaks again. "No idea at all? Nothing? This could help us."

You frown, looking down. It's a bit of a mystery really. Could it be because you're an Oni? Maybe this Yukari woman was ignoring you on purpose?

Oh!

The charm!

[ ] Tell Youmu about the charm Sanae gave you.
[ ] Just say you don't know why.
[ ] Say it's probably because you're an Oni.
>> No. 84251
[No lying] Tell Youmu about the charm Sanae gave you.

This could lead to getting Sanae on our side.
>> No. 84252
[X] Tell Youmu about the charm Sanae gave you.

Why does this seem familiar...

>>No point lying, nothing bad happened.
>>"I was reading a book to Flandre ... actually." You have a brainwave. "Come see."

OH SHI-
>> No. 84253
>>84251

Good point. If you think it might be the charm, saying otherwise is a lie.
The options should be more like:

[ ] Tell the truth.
[ ] Say nothing.
>> No. 84254
[ ] Tell Youmu about the charm Sanae gave you.
>> No. 84255
[X] Tell Youmu about the charm Sanae gave you.
>> No. 84256
>>84252

Ah, that was one of my favorite moments...

Til Sakuya spazed out and did all sorts of crazy shit and ruined it.

Still, it was worth it for the "Rawr I'm Smaug!"
>> No. 84257
[x] Tell Youmu about the charm Sanae gave you.
>> No. 84258
[X] Tell Youmu about the charm Sanae gave you.
Well, we can't really lie.
>> No. 84260
>>84258

Not outright anyway.

We can be vague or change the subject.
>> No. 84261
>>84259

>Yurki

A NEW MENACE ARRIVES.
>> No. 84262
>>84259

Or, maybe, you know, she actually has gods on her side capable of offering you some protection? It's pretty clear that neither the Hakurei Shrine nor the Moriya Shrine are particularly friendly towards the other.

[X] Tell Youmu about the charm Sanae gave you.
>> No. 84263
>Yurki
>Yuruki
>Yukkuri shiteitte ne

Take it easy~
>> No. 84264
>>84261
[x] Tell Youmu about the charm Sanae gave you.
If that is the reason why, Sanae is in league with Yukari and Reimu.

all fixed up for you.
>> No. 84265
>>84264

Given that you've deleted the relevant post, allow me to reiterate my point:

>If that is the reason why, Sanae is in league with Yukari and Reimu.

There is little reason, if any, to draw this conclusion.
>> No. 84266
[X] Tell Youmu about the charm Sanae gave you.

Is there a point in not telling?
>> No. 84267
[x] Tell Youmu about the charm Sanae gave you.
>> No. 84268
>>84265

See: >>84252
We had no reason to expect that, either.
>> No. 84269
File 123980965959.jpg - (469.05KB , 981x1557 , touhou-inquis..jpg ) [iqdb]
84269
>>84268

No one ever does.
>> No. 84271
[x] Tell Youmu about the charm Sanae gave you.
[x] "I was hanging out at the shrine till she almost freaked when she realized it was sundown. Gave me this and urged me to hurry back home."
[x] "You aren't gonna... *cough* call her out are you?"

She's such a nice girl.
>> No. 84272
[x] Tell Youmu about the charm Sanae gave you.
[x] Also say that it could be because you avoided every street you heard that weird noise coming from.
>> No. 84273
>>84266
Yes. While I do not believe that Sanae is in league with Yukari, it would appear that Sanae is aware of what is going on at night and the creatures, yet is not part of Youmu's group. It is possible that Sanae's ability/knowledge is unknown to Youmu, so telling Youmu about Sanae could lead to Sanae helping them. Or it could lead to Sanae becomming a new enemy.
>> No. 84274
[x] Tell Youmu about the charm Sanae gave you.
[x] Ask if Youmu will ever learn to be loving and caring like Sanae-chan~
>> No. 84275
>>84268

That's because it was impossible to expect, unless you happened to be a paranoid idiot. Regardless of what you may believe, paranoia is not productive - paranoia is what led this group to nearly kill us without so much as a talk.
>> No. 84276
>>84275

I'm not saying we should have expected it...
>> No. 84277
Writing now.
>> No. 84279
"There is one thing." You say. "Maybe." Youmu raises her eyebrows, listening intently.
"Go on." She says. You rummage in your pocket for a minute before producing the charm Sanae gave you. The thick parchment isn't crumpled at all, as if it's barely been touched. The tiny ink figures are still clear.
"I was given this charm." You say, handing it to Youmu. She looks at it with a curious expression.
"Where did you get this?" She asks, voice expressionless.
"The Shrine Maiden, Sanae. She gave it to me yesterday afternoon when I visited her shrine." You explain.
"Indeed." Youmu frowns at you. "What makes you think this kept the hive away from you?"
"She only gave me the charm after I was about to go home, just as the sun was going down."
Youmu's eye widen a little. "Ah, indeed." She looks down at the charm again before handing it back to you. Then she just stares past you for a moment, lost in thought.

"This complicates things." Youmu says.
"How so?" You ask.
"Why did she give you the charm?" She asks.
"Sanae? She ... sort of likes me, I think." You admit.
"Hm. She didn't seek you out? You went to the shrine of your own volition?"
You nod. "Just happened to visit it by chance. Made a donation."
Youmu taps her fingers against her knee, still thinking. You frown, suddenly worried.
"You're not going to confront her like you did me, are you?" You ask. Youmu looks up at you, obviously surprised, before actually laughing. A short, harsh sound. A single bark of derisive laugher.
"She's a Shrine Maiden." Youmu says, unsmiling once more. "If she wished then we would be as ants confronting a elephant. No, I do not think we should approach her openly. Not all together, not in hostility."
"You think she might be ... working for Yukari?" You ask. "She struck me as a good person."
Youmu sighs. "So are some others who work for Yukari. There are many ways to deceive and coerce."
You don't like that thought. Sanae seemed so sweet. Just plain happy and welcoming.

Youmu sighs again. "This is a good lead though. I cannot let this go untouched." She blinks, looking tired again.

[ ] "I could talk to her."
[ ] Tell her it's best to leave Sanae out of it.
[ ] "Maybe we could duplicate the charm?"
>> No. 84280
[X] "She didn't seem fond of Reimu, I'm not sure what that means but..."
[X] "I could talk to her."
>> No. 84281
[x] "I could talk to her."
>> No. 84282
[X] "She didn't seem fond of Reimu, I'm not sure what that means but..."
[X] "I could talk to her."
>> No. 84283
[X] "Look, Youmu... just promise me that you won't try anything that could hurt her. Because, so help me, I will not forgive you for it."
[X] "If it comes down to it, I can talk to her myself."

Seriously, Youmu. If you hurt her, I will personally vote to snap you in half like a twig.
>> No. 84284
[ ] "I could talk to her."
>> No. 84286
[X] "She didn't seem fond of Reimu, I'm not sure what that means but..."
[X] "I could talk to her."
>> No. 84287
[x] "She didn't seem fond of Reimu, I'm not sure what that means but..."
[x] Tell her it's best to leave Sanae out of it. For now.

I'd rather we get to know Sanae as a friend first. Offering to scout her out for the group kinda rubs me the wrong way. We are still gonna talk to her, but not with the intention of pulling her in. It'd be nice if the helping hand be willingly offered. Sanae seems like a bastion of normalcy amongst all the strange girls we've met. We can drop hints that we are aware of whats going on (such as introducing ourself with our newly aquired name). Perhaps we can redirect the conversation towards other people of interest... like Kaguya? Are they investigating her?
>> No. 84288
[x] "She didn't seem fond of Reimu, I'm not sure what that means but..."
[x] Tell her it's best to leave Sanae out of it. For now.
>> No. 84289
[x] "She didn't seem fond of Reimu, I'm not sure what that means but..."
[X] "Look, Youmu... just promise me that you won't try anything that could hurt her. Because, so help me, I will not forgive you for it."
[x] Tell her it's best to leave Sanae out of it. For now.
>> No. 84290
[x] "She didn't seem fond of Reimu, I'm not sure what that means but..."
[x] Tell her it's best to leave Sanae out of it. For now.
>> No. 84291
[x] "She didn't seem fond of Reimu, I'm not sure what that means but..."
[x] Tell her it's best to leave Sanae out of it. For now.

Can we sleep now? Surely Satori is picking up our desire to share a room for the night somehow.
>> No. 84292
[x] "I could talk to her."
[x] "She wouldn't have given me the charm if she didn't want to protect me against those creatures. It sounds more like she's passively against Yukari than aiding her."
>> No. 84293
[x] "She didn't seem fond of Reimu, I'm not sure what that means but..."
[x] Tell her it's best to leave Sanae out of it. For now.
>> No. 84295
Writing now.
>> No. 84296
[x] "I could talk to her."
[x] "She didn't seem fond of Reimu, I'm not sure what that means but..."
[x] "She wouldn't have given me the charm if she didn't want to protect me against those creatures. It sounds more like she's passively against Yukari than aiding her."
>> No. 84300
"I guess you can't." You say. "She didn't seem fond of Reimu, or the other Shrine. I don't know what that means, but ... " You trail off and Youmu nods.
"Indeed." She says. "That bodes well, at least. But it could mean simple religious rivalry. We don't know enough."
"I could talk to her." You say. "Just ... feel things out a little." You certainly do want to talk to Sanae again, at least on a personal level.
Youmu raises an eyebrow at you. "You said she likes you. Is the feeling mutual?"
You shrug. "I'm not sure." Youmu considers you coldly for a moment.
"She could be anything." She says. "Don't let that cloud your judgement and don't let your guard down." You nod in response.
"Of course." You say. Youmu stares at the charm in your hand again.
"If she gave me this, she must have thought I was at risk, right?" You say. You really want Sanae to be normal. Just a normal, happy teenage girl. Youmu must have met her before, she can't be that suspicious.
"Mm." Youmu grunts. "I'm still not sure." She looks back up, eyes suddenly boring into yours. "If you talk to her about the town, about Yukari, you mention none of us, none of this. Not until we know for sure."
You nod. "Okay, sure."

Youmu takes a deep breath and closes her eyes for a moment. "You should sleep now, I've kept you long enough."
You nod. "Yeah, yeah I should sleep." You glance around the room. Does Youmu sleep alone in here? It's pretty bare, spartan. A strange thought comes over you. "Tewi lives here, right?" You ask. "What about you?"
Youmu opens her eyes again, expressionless. "I often stay here. It is easier." She says, offering no further explanation. You nod.
"What about school?" You ask.
"What about it?"
"Well, staying here overnight and then going to school?" You ask. Maybe you're just too tired to see the obvious.
Youmu nods. "Wake early, head home. Then school. Don't leave alone."
"Fair enough." You nod, standing up and stretching your limbs. Youmu starts to get up as well, before wincing and sinking back to the mattress. "Sure your ribs are okay?" You ask.
She just sits there, taking slow breaths, eyes closed. "I will be fine. Where do you plan on sleeping?"

[ ] Ask where Satori is.
[ ] You'd rather sleep alone.
[ ] Actually, you'd prefer to keep talking with Youmu before sleep.
>> No. 84301
[X] Ask where Satori is.

Want to curl up with the snuggable girl now, please.
>> No. 84303
[ ] You'd rather sleep alone.

Against the inevitable.
>> No. 84305
>[ ] Ask where Satori is.

That fucking cat will be there. I just know it.

[x] "Mind doing me a slight favor? Don't tell Mima or Nitori about me being alive. I want to be the first to break the joyful news to them."
[x] You'd rather sleep alone.
>> No. 84307
>That fucking cat will be there. I just know it.

So what? What's she going to do?
>> No. 84311
[x] "Mind doing me a slight favor? Don't tell Mima or Nitori about me being alive. I want to be the first to break the joyful news to them."
[x] You'd rather sleep alone.
>> No. 84312
[x] "Mind doing me a slight favor? Don't tell Mima or Nitori about me being alive. I want to be the first to break the joyful news to them."
[x] Ask where Satori is.

Come on you guys, the longer we leave things be, the worse they could get. Who knows how Satori might be reacting to whatever Orin is telling her? We've already been the cause of her crying her eyes out once tonight, let's try to make sure she goes to bed happy.
>> No. 84313
>[x] "Mind doing me a slight favor? Don't tell Mima or Nitori about me being alive. I want to be the first to break the joyful news to them."
Are you guys trying to be mean to them or what? Seeing you alive will probably surprise the hell out of them, and they'll ask for an explanation. They probably won't want to be reminded that they voted to kill someone who turned out to be innocent, especially not by the person in question.
>> No. 84315
>>84313

Rika didn't like it either, but that didn't make it any less enjoyable.
>> No. 84316
>>84313

We need to get our own form of revenge against everyone who voted against us. We cracked Youmu's ribs, Rika owes us an asscake, and we have two more left to deal with.
>> No. 84317
[x] "Mind doing me a slight favor? Don't tell Mima or Nitori about me being alive. I want to be the first to break the joyful news to them."
[x] Ask where Satori is.
>> No. 84318
[x] "Mind doing me a slight favor? Don't tell Mima or Nitori about me being alive. I want to be the first to break the joyful news to them."
[x] Ask where Satori is.
>> No. 84319
>>84316

Actually it's three. Momizi's a part of the group as well, but we never actually met her.
>> No. 84320
[x] "Mind doing me a slight favor? Don't tell Mima or Nitori about me being alive. I want to be the first to break the joyful news to them."
[x] Ask where Satori is.
>> No. 84321
[x] "Mind doing me a slight favor? Don't tell Mima or Nitori about me being alive. I want to be the first to break the joyful news to them."
[x] Ask where Satori is.
>> No. 84322
>>84319

Right... As our revenge against Momi, we can use it to make her spar with us since she is the other main combatant of the group.
>> No. 84323
[x] "Mind doing me a slight favor? Don't tell Mima or Nitori about me being alive. I want to be the first to break the joyful news to them."
[x] Ask where Satori is.
>> No. 84324
>>84322
But we don't know that much about Momizi yet.
...Eh, I don't mind.

[X] "Mind doing me a slight favor? Don't tell Mima or Nitori about me being alive. I want to be the first to break the joyful news to them."
[X] Ask where Satori is.
>> No. 84325
>>84324

We know she voted against us, and that she can fight since Youmu wanted her help after taking care of the scouts. On the other hand, we'll have to be careful not to hurt her too badly. It'd be kind of bad if we put out both of the other two combatants and we end up having to play escort for a while until they recover.
>> No. 84327
[x] "Mind doing me a slight favor? Don't tell Mima or Nitori about me being alive. I want to be the first to break the joyful news to them." grin and wink.
[x] Ask where Satori is.
>> No. 84329
>>84325
Momizi at least has the excuse of not knowing us at all, unlike Mima and Nitori.
>> No. 84330
Writing now.
>> No. 84332
"Actually I wanted to find Satori." You say. Youmu frowns, eyes still closed, but listening.
"Why?" She asks. You shrug.
"I think I'll feel more comfortable sleeping in the same room as her." You say.
Youmu doesn't say anything for a moment.
"What?" You ask.
"She'll be in the room at the end of the corridor. There's a few beds in there." Youmu says. "Get some sleep, don't keep her awake."
"Of course." You say. "I'm too exhausted to stay up much longer."
"Indeed." Youmu says, finally opening her eyes, but still taking deep breaths. "Good night."
"One more thing." You say. "Would you do me a favour?"
"That depends on what you ask me." Youmu replies.
"Don't tell Mima or Nitori that I'm still alive." You say. "I'd like to speak to them myself."
Youmu frowns again. "Tenshi and Momizi already know. I doubt the other two will be uninformed much longer."
"Oh." You say, suddenly disappointed. "Never mind then."
"Indeed." Youmu sounds unimpressed. "Good night Hibiki."
"Good night Youmu." You say, stepping over to the door and shutting it behind you as you leave. You catch a final glimpse of her face, framed by that white hair. She needs sleep more than you do.

You knock on the door at the end of the corridor, but there's no reply. "Satori?" You call out softly. Still no reply. You open the door a crack and look through. The room is quite large, about three times the size of the one Youmu was using. The floor isn't bare concrete either, several old rugs have been lain down. An electric space heater sits in one corner, tins of food and a small fridge in another corner. The rest of the room is taken up with mattresses and blankets. Communal sleeping area, you guess.
Satori is lying on her side on one of the mattresses, reading a book. She glances up as you enter the room.
"Hey." You say, crossing the room, picking your way between the clutter. You notice there's a handgun next to one of the beds, but it's not loaded, magazine lying next to it.
Satori smiles, cocking her head and peering at you in silence for a moment.
"What is it?" You ask. Her smile turns almost amused.
"Pity." She says.
"What's a pity?" You ask, sitting down on the mattress next to her.
"Orin doesn't like you." She smiles again, obviously amused.
"Ah." You say. Satori sits up, folding her legs under her and closing her book. She half-raises a hand, but then stops.
"You're tired." She says, as if this is a surprise to her.
You nod. "Very tired."
Satori glances at the door. "You want to sleep next to me." She says, not a question, a statement. You would blush a little, but you're too tired to care.
"Yeah." You nod. "We ... had something pretty awesome going on earlier. I ... " You trail off. This is all getting too complicated. Why are you surrounded by so many damn women?
Satori seems to respond to your sleepy indecision, sliding over to you and placing a hand against your chest, small and gentle. "You know what's best." She says.
"I know what's ... what?" You ask.

She smiles, but there's a hint of something else behind her eyes as well. "You want to sleep next to me." She says. "That's what's going on in here." She nods to her hand, to your chest. Your heart? Satori smiles at you as you just stare back at her.

[ ] Listen to your heart.
[ ] Listen to your head.
[ ] Listen to your dick.[/i]
>> No. 84333
[x] Listen to your heart.

As much fun as sex could be, it's not a certainty it will happen, nor at this point would it be fun to attempt with us as tired as we are or with the potential interruptions littered throughout the house. Going for the albeit cheesy option would probably be the more impressive of the three options, letting us get in bed with her while at the same time, we aren't going to attempt anything stupid that could just end up in failure and hurting things more. Just get in bed with her, wrap your arms around her, and sleep. We can have sex with her later on when we're much more up to the task.
>> No. 84334
>[ ] Listen to your dick.
You're not fooling me this time.

[X] Listen to your heart.
>> No. 84335
[x] Listen to your heart.

Your head is best used for smashing things.
>> No. 84336
[x] Listen to your heart.
>> No. 84337
[x] Listen to your heart.
[x] Listen to your head.
[x] Listen to your dick.
[x] Listen to your heart.
[x] Listen to your head.
[x] Listen to your dick.
[x] Listen to your heart.
[x] Listen to your head.
[x] Listen to your dick.
[x] Listen to your heart.
[x] Listen to your head.
[x] Listen to your dick.

i have no idea
>> No. 84338
[x] Listen to your heart.
>> No. 84339
[X] Listen to your heart.
>> No. 84340
[X] Listen to your heart.

A snuggling is fine, too.
>> No. 84341
[X] Listen to your heart.
>> No. 84342
[X] Listen to your heart.
>> No. 84343
[x] Listen to the rhythm of the falling rain.
[x] Listen to your heart.
>> No. 84344
[♡] Listen to your heart.
>> No. 84345
[X] Listen to your heart.
Time for sleep. Snuggling would be enough for today.
>> No. 84346
[ ] Listen to your dick.
>> No. 84347
[x] Listen to your heart.
>> No. 84348
>[ ] Listen to your dick.
tempting
[X] Listen to your heart.
>> No. 84349
>[X] Listen to your heart.

PLease, say this is isn't some "You love her" bullshit. It's too soon for that.
>> No. 84350
[x] Listen to your heart.

I'm too chessy to bit pick this.
>> No. 84351
>>84349
I doubt it. The way I figure it works:

Head = Too tired for anything, sleep in bed next to Satori's
Heart = Sleep in Satori's bed with Satori, maybe snuggling, no sexy time
Dick = JAM IT IN JAM IT IN JAM IT IN
>> No. 84353
>>84349
it isn't, pay attention
>"You want to sleep next to me." She says. "That's what's going on in here." She nods to her hand, to your chest. Your heart?

[x] Listen to your heart.
>> No. 84356
[x] Listen to your head.
>> No. 84360
[x] Listen to your heart.
Hey, it's her idea!
>> No. 84361
[x] Listen to your heads. Both of them.

No but really, just fucking go to sleep already. No more games or relationship worries.
>> No. 84362
[+] Ma-Ti
>> No. 84364
>>84362
Well played.... well played indeed....
>> No. 84367
[x] Listen to your heart.
>> No. 84368
Writing now.
>> No. 84370
You nod, thinking you understand what she's getting at. "I think I'm going to listen my heart then, it's got the right idea." You say, reaching down and gently taking Satori's hand from you chest, but not letting go.
"Good." She says, smiling with obvious elation. You sigh, blinking a few times, feeling how heavy your eyelids are.
"No more talking." Satori says, shaking her head. "Sleep."
"Mm." You agree. "I'm going to feel all these bruises in the morning." You say.
Satori nods, before reaching over and shifting the covers of the bed back. You pull your shoes off and leave them at the foot of the bed, next to Satori's. She grabs another blanket from the next bed along, hesitating for a second.
"Turn around." Satori says quietly. You do as she says, not even thinking of taking a peek. You're not thinking with that part of your body right now and you don't want to break Satori's trust. She must know that, if she can read your mind. The rustling of clothing being removed comes from behind you and then you hear Satori slipping into the bed. "Okay." She says. You look back to find her sitting up, wearing only a thin pinkish undershirt, her legs below the covers. Her skirt and top are folded neatly on the floor.
"Now you." She says. You nod, taking your pullover off and hesitating for a moment before Satori smiles and closes her eyes. She didn't need to do that, but she obviously picked it up from your mind anyway. You stand up and let your trousers fall around your ankles, kicking them to the end of the bed. Your boxers are enough to preserve any vestige of modesty.

Satori, eyes still closed, pats the bed next to her. "Come on in." She says. You don't need to be told twice, the twin pleasures of sleep and warm girl already calling you. As you pull back the covers you find she's wrapped her lower half in that extra sheet she grabbed. It's thin, but it's still a barrier.
"My legs get cold." She says, responding already to your unspoken thought. "You can touch me."
You nod sleepily, slipping down inside the bed as Satori lies down as well. She reaches over her head, to a switch on a nearby cable, plunging the room into darkness. You turn on your side, facing her, suddenly unsure.
"Like this." She says, turning away from you and grabbing your hand, placing it on her stomach. Her back is against your chest, the smell of her hair in your nose. You can't see her, but you can feel her, all that warm softness, fragile and small in your arms. She shifts backwards against you, fitting the slight curves of her body against yours perfectly.
"Sleep." She says.
"I am." You mutter, feeling your eyes close.
"Good night Hibiki." She whispers.

==

Shapes and sounds and colours and smells and-

Ah!

You sit up, suddenly wide awake. Your vision doesn't work. Nothing works. You're dreaming. It's just a dream, darkness and unformed thoughts. You try to pinch yourself, but your fingers slide off your skin like you were made of grease.
Where's Satori? Why is there no ground? You're dreaming, close your eyes, wake up. You can't, you haven't got any eyes. Stand up. Can't stand, no legs. Oh wait, there they are.

"Useless without a body, aren't you?"

Who was that? You turn on the spot but nothing makes sense, just dream-madness, chaos and darkness. You try to make words, to speak? To make sound? Nothing happens.

"Huginn or Muninn? Your choice."

That voice.

"There's the severed head too, but that'll drive you insane."

Can't see anything. That voice.

"Pick."

[ ] Huginn.
[ ] Muninn.
[ ] The severed head.
>> No. 84371
[ ] Muninn.

Yes, I would enjoy some memory, thank you.
>> No. 84373
[ ] The severed head.
>> No. 84374
[x] Muninn.
>> No. 84375
[X] Muninn.

On the other hand, clarity of thought could be quite useful, and likely has more to do with our current predicament.
>> No. 84376
[X] The severed head.

Oh, it'll be fine as long as we ditch it after getting out of the catacombs.
>> No. 84377
[x] Muninn.

Memory might help.
>> No. 84378
>Huginn
>Hug Inn
>Inn of hugs

[x] Huginn.
>> No. 84379
[x] Muninn.
>> No. 84380
Partial to
[x] Huginn.
>> No. 84381
[x] Muninn.
>> No. 84382
[X] Muninn.
Remembering more about ourselves might help.
>> No. 84383
[x] The severed head.

I think we can handle taking on Mimir's head. Memory and thought are good and all, but that's nothing compared to the severed head of a man known for his knowledge and wisdom.
>> No. 84384
[x] Odin
>> No. 84385
[x] THE FRENCH TOAST!
>> No. 84386
[ ] The severed head.
>> No. 84390
[ ] The severed head.
>> No. 84391
[x] Huginn.
>> No. 84392
File 123985084257.png - (318.69KB , 1203x859 , hurr.png ) [iqdb]
84392
[x] Hügin & Münin, Windsor's Premiere Game Store!
>> No. 84393
[x] Muninn.
>> No. 84394
Called. New thread tomorrow then.
>> No. 84399
>"You want to sleep next to me." She says. "That's what's going on in here." She nods to her hand, to your chest. Your heart? Satori smiles at you as you just stare back at her.
>"Like this." She says, turning away from you and grabbing your hand, placing it on her stomach.
FUCK. We just lost Satori route. Now she is the all-knowing elder sister.
>> No. 84400
File 123985328132.jpg - (33.98KB , 210x266 , spooning.jpg ) [iqdb]
84400
>>84399
Um, Anon? Were you reading the whole thing?
>>Her back is against your chest, the smell of her hair in your nose. You can't see her, but you can feel her, all that warm softness, fragile and small in your arms. She shifts backwards against you, fitting the slight curves of her body against yours perfectly.

We're spooning. Does that look like something you'd do with a sister-type, elder or otherwise?
>> No. 84403
Actually, on second thought, don't answer that.
>> No. 84404
>>84400
Yes. The atmosphere has become too serious since we were last with her. Too chaste.
>> No. 84406
>>84404
Oh, you say that now, but just wait until morning, when we wake up still positioned like that.
>> No. 84408
>>84399
That is fine too, now we can concentrate on Sanae like we're supposed to.
[x] Muninn.
>> No. 84409
>>That is fine too, now we can concentrate on Sanae, Kaguya, Mima, Sigma, Tewi, Rika, Cirno, Wriggle, Orin, Suika, Yuugi, and anyone else we meet who is interested and willing like we're supposed to.

Fixed.
>> No. 84418
>>84406
With our morning wood popping up between her thighs.
>> No. 84419
>>84418
Yes. That's what I was trying to allude to.
>> No. 84420
>>84400 >>84403
I lol'd.

A sister is fine too.
>> No. 84421
File 12398663619.jpg - (103.69KB , 785x346 , 11.jpg ) [iqdb]
84421
>>84419
Then we turn around to find a grinning Tewi staring intently at the back of our head.

From there, we get up to find various bodies of naked women lying around the room, with no recollection of the events that took place.
>> No. 84422
[x] Muninn
So long as the severed head option doesn't win.
>> No. 84424
File 123986980527.jpg - (24.27KB , 200x332 , morte.jpg ) [iqdb]
84424
[X] The severed head.
I can't believe that he'd be annoying enough to drive us insane.
>> No. 84425
File 123987130190.png - (70.15KB , 360x200 , Yukkuri.png ) [iqdb]
84425
>[X] The severed head.
.....Well, no

>>>84378
I like your logic, going with it.
[x] Huginn.
>> No. 84427
[X] The severed head.

Sanity is for the weak.
>> No. 84428
Well, I sure hope the fact that we're talking to Yukari isn't a bad sign.

Since, you know. She has raven/crow/whatever familiars, too.

Good times.

[ze] Muninn.

>The raven cawed from the edge of the clearing.
>“You want me to follow you?” asked Shadow. “Or has Timmy fallen down another well?” The bird cawed again, impatiently. Shadow started walking toward it. It waited until he was close, then flapped heavily into another tree, heading somewhat to the left of the way Shadow had originally been going.
>“Hey,” said Shadow. “Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are.”
>The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
>“Say ‘Nevermore,’ “ said Shadow.
>“Fuck you,” said the raven. It said nothing else as they went through the woodland together.
>> No. 84429
>>84376
oh u.