[Return]
Archived Thread

File 12383825175.png - (43.99KB , 750x750 , wriggle.png ) [iqdb]
82119 No. 82119
Thread 23?

[x] Tell Wriggle that you'll go to Kourindou tomorrow to find a real dress for her.
[x] Wriggle should wait right here. Lead Alice back to the party.
- [x] Tell her that you'll find some way to help her and Patchouli, though you may need her help as a seamstress with Wriggle in return.
- [x] Explain that it's not so much as you're disinterested; rather, Yuyuko is infatuated with you right now, and as a result Yukari has your balls in a vice.
[x] Make-up. Yuyuko has to have some.

“There's still more to go, though,” you say. Wriggle looks a little down due to that statement. “Something we can't exactly make the most of right now. I'll have to get you a dress that would be better suited than the clothes you've been wearing.” Wriggle looks a little uncomfortable, but doesn't object.

“That could work,” Alice says. “It would definitely help.” Wriggle bows her head, looking a little embarrassed, though over what you're not exactly sure. Right now though, it seems that Alice's use has hit it's limit. There's not much more you can do right now. “I think I'm done here.”

“Alright then,” you say. “Wriggle, you stay here again, I'm going to go see about something.” Alice walks past you to leave, and you head out after her. “As for you Alice,” you say when you get far enough away from the room. “I will help you again, though you need to give me a hand in return.” Alice brushes some of her hair aside as she turns back to you.

“What do you need?” she asks.

“As you can tell, there's quite a bit of work to be done there, and since I know you're skilled at creating outfits...” you intentionally trail off, and Alice acknowledges it rather easily.

“Of course I can help with that,” she says, smiling. “Is there anything else?”

“Yes, about your problem,” you say, closing the distance between the two of you so as to speak lower. “I have to admit, I'm not adverse to the idea, as strange as it is,” you admit, Alice's smile growing a little more. “However, it's more than just you that can be affected. Yukari knows about me, she knows what I've been doing, and Yuyuko seems to be taking a liking to me.”

“And how do you feel?” Alice asks. That's a tough question.

“I, well, I'm not really sure,” you say, looking down at your clothes, your body created for you and granted to you by Yuyuko. “I'm grateful for her hospitality for sure, and she's fun to be around, a great girl, but I'm also worried about what could happen if I get too attached to this place. I don't know what lies in store for me, a fugitive on the run from death.” Alice is still smiling, though it's softened a little. “Yukari has directly warned me not to hurt her friend, but at this point I don't know if I can keep that promise. I'm worried that just by being here I might cause problems, which is why I have to be absolutely sure that nothing I've done so far can come back to bite me. Until then, I can't risk anything that could upset Yuyuko.”

Alice looks aside and laughs a little.

“Yukari sure is a problem, isn't she?” Alice asks. “Though it also shows how much faith she has in you.” You're a little confused by that statement.

“Faith?”

“Yukari can be a scary person to deal with. She can see beyond what most people can, and maybe it's because of that she has insight into things people aren't even aware of. If she's worried about you hurting her friend, but you haven't been destroyed yet, then maybe it's because something great is bound to happen and Yukari can see it,” Alice says. “It's kind of funny, I never thought I would ever say this, but you and Yukari are similar.”

“We both care for others around us, and use our abilities to manipulate events into a successful conclusion everyone can be satisfied with?” you ask, having a slight moment of connection. Alice gives a wide smile.

“I meant that you're both meddling outsiders, but that's good too,” she says, sticking out her tongue then turning away. You follow after her, heading back towards the party carrying on, but Alice turns down a hall after a while.

“Not going to everyone else?” you ask. Alice shakes her head.

“Patchouli is probably still waiting for me to get back, so I'm going back to her,” she says. Makes sense. You head off back to the party, and it isn't until a few minutes later you remember that you wanted to ask them something earlier but didn't get a chance. Ah, you'll have to ask Alice about Koakuma and Patchouli next time. Right now, you need to find Yuyuko.

Finding Yuyuko was the easy part, however given that she's surrounded by people on all sides, Yukari included, you have a bit of a hard time getting a word in edgewise, let alone getting her to step away for a moment to listen to you. It leaves you at a bit of an impasse, either you need to find someone else, try to wait for a moment where you can make a plea, or put it off for later. Problem is though that since Yuyuko is someone that lives here, she'd probably the most likely to have make up supplies that could help. What to do...

---

A new thread in less than a month? No way! Next thing you know I'll need a new thread in less than two weeks!

Remade thread because I used the wrong picture. Guess that'll teach me to reuse filenames.

>> No. 82123
>If that's not enough, you could promise to never possess one of the mansion's inhabitants.

While the rest of it... I'd have to think on, I'd leave this part off. There was the conversation eariler with Meiling in which we say we could go around possessing people, and in which Flandre causally says that she bets Meiling would like us inside her. Given the tension in the Scarlets right now, we might be possessing one of the SDM soon.
>> No. 82124
[x] Youmu must know where Yuyuko stores such things. It's for a good cause that Yuyu would no doubt approve of.
[x] Find someone who can teach Wriggle how to apply it. Someone... elegant. It's risky, but maybe you can ask that maid for help, in return for promising to rectify the sisters' broken relationship? If that's not enough, you could promise to never possess one of the mansion's inhabitants... again <lie>.

oh ho why not fuck with her mind while you're at it?
>> No. 82126
[x] Youmu must know where Yuyuko stores such things. It's for a good cause that Yuyu would no doubt approve of.
[x] "Sorry for making you do alot of strange things lately. I'm guessing I'll be making quite a few more before things settle down."
[x] Don't promise to fix the relationship for a minor service. Just go ahead and fix it better than before because it's the right thing to do.
>> No. 82129
>[x] Don't promise to fix the relationship for a minor service. Just go ahead and fix it better than before because it's the right thing to do.

Who said we weren't going to do that anyway?
>> No. 82132
[x] Youmu must know where Yuyuko stores such things. It's for a good cause that Yuyu would no doubt approve of.
[x] Go see if you can find Hina. She might be able to help you out.
>> No. 82136
[x] Youmu must know where Yuyuko stores such things. It's for a good cause that Yuyu would no doubt approve of.
[x] Go see if you can find Hina. She might be able to help you out.
>> No. 82146
[x] Youmu must know where Yuyuko stores such things. It's for a good cause that Yuyu would no doubt approve of.
[x] Go see if you can find Hina. She might be able to help you out.
>> No. 82193
Wait
He banged Alice?

Oh goddammit

wtf, Mode.
>> No. 82195
>>82193

Mode, disregard this Anon. He is a faggot.
>> No. 82255
>>82193
It was awesome, too.

[+] Youmu must know where Yuyuko stores such things. It's for a good cause that Yuyu would no doubt approve of.

Not including the other one because, well, Wriggle. She seems to be uncomfortable with other people finding out that she's insecure about her looks, so the more people we bring into this, the less she'll like it.
It'll start looking less like "You want to look more feminine and I want to help you," and more like "SOS Makeover time! You're ugly, so let all these pretty people poke at you until you don't recognize yourself!" with every new person, and that's not cool.

To be honest, judging from Wriggle's reaction, just bringing Alice in on it was pushing it a little. No more.
>> No. 82468
[x] Youmu must know where Yuyuko stores such things. It's for a good cause that Yuyu would no doubt approve of.
[x] Go see if you can find Hina. She might be able to help you out.

Since Yuyuko is preoccupied, you'll just have to ask someone else, like Youmu. She should probably know about such things. You catch sight of her talking to the Prismrivers off to the side of the room, so you head over there. You wait until she finishes saying what she was saying to the three girls, then tap her on the shoulder to catch her attention once the three begin talking among themselves.

“You need something?” she asks casually.

“I was wondering if I could ask you something,” you say, taking a step back and motioning for her to follow. She has a slightly apprehensive look, but she follows you anyway. You lead her a few steps away, then wait for her to get closer. You notice Myon remains near the Prismrivers, and they seem to turn to it every once in a while. You turn your attention back to the awaiting Youmu. “I need to know if Yuyuko has any make up she could spare for a little project of mine.” Youmu takes on an amused expression.

“What use could you possibly have for make-up? Planning a Kabuki show?” she asks.

“Kabuki?” you ask, confused. Youmu snickers.

“Nevermind, but no. Yuyuko hasn't had any make-up around for a while. Not since the mess she made last time,” Youmu says, then her face turns a faint red. “Besides, it's not like she's the one that spent the most time wearing it.” Now it's your turn to snicker. It's kind of hard for you to imagine. Youmu all painted up. She seems to catch onto your train of thought. “It wasn't my choice, just so you know.”

“I'm sure,” you say, still grinning, though you're even worse off now. “Anyway, thanks for the time anyway.” You get ready to walk off to reconsider your options.

“Hey,” Youmu says, stopping you. “What exactly are you planning anyway?”

“I'm helping someone with an image change,” you say. “Though it's proving a little more difficult than I'd imagined.”

“How so?” Youmu asks.

“Well, Wriggle,” you say, breaking to think of how you could explain it. Youmu seems to understand already though, so maybe more words aren't needed.

“I can see how she could be troubling,” Youmu says, looking off in thought. “Well, I wish you luck.”

“Thanks,” you say as Youmu leaves to return to the conversation she left. Well, that wasn't much help in the end. The only other person you think could help might be Hina, but without any kind of tools to work with, you're still just as short on options. Unless she has some kind of miraculous ability to lend to the situation. Then again, as well as you know her powers, you can already attest to that deficit yourself, just as you know she has no practical experience with makeovers. At this point, it really seems that there is nothing more you can do tonight. Unless, well, there is one extreme option left...

---
>> No. 82586
Slow votes are slow.

Maybe I'll just go to bed and be happily surprised in the morning.
>> No. 82608
>At this point, it really seems that there is nothing more you can do tonight. Unless, well, there is one extreme option left...

Extreme option being the Maid?

[x] Go back to Wriggle and see if you can arrange time tomorrow with her to head by Kourindou. You can't really do anything at the moment so for now this'll have to suffice.
[x] Reimu. Insist you share tea, since last time you were rudely interrupted (i.e., exorcised).
- [x] You'll be the one preparing it this time.
- [x] Joke that you flavored it with Iocane powder.
- [x] Confess that Yukari threw the match; ask what she thinks Yukari's angle is: Genuine concern for her friend? Magnanimity? Or is she cackling madly as you embroil yourself more and more deeply in her machinations?

>Slow votes are slow.

Slow voters are busy writing.
>> No. 82611
>Confess that Yukari threw the match

What is it with you and this confession tangent?

Why go to such lengths to give up any shred of respect we may have earned from the other guests just to throw it away by blurting out to Reimu about this?
>> No. 82612
[x] Go back to Wriggle and see if you can arrange time tomorrow with her to head by Kourindou. You can't really do anything at the moment so for now this'll have to suffice.
>> No. 82621
[x] Go back to Wriggle and see if you can arrange time tomorrow with her to head by Kourindou. You can't really do anything at the moment so for now this'll have to suffice.
[x] Reimu. Insist you share tea, since last time you were rudely interrupted (i.e., exorcised).
- [x] You'll be the one preparing it this time.
- [x] Joke that you flavored it with Iocane powder.
>> No. 82622
[x] Go back to Wriggle and see if you can arrange time tomorrow with her to head by Kourindou. You can't really do anything at the moment so for now this'll have to suffice.
[x] Reimu. Insist you share tea, since last time you were rudely interrupted (i.e., exorcised).
- [x] You'll be the one preparing it this time.
- [x] Joke that you flavored it with Iocane powder.
>> No. 82623
[x] Go back to Wriggle and see if you can arrange time tomorrow with her to head by Kourindou. You can't really do anything at the moment so for now this'll have to suffice.
[x] Reimu. Insist you share tea, since last time you were rudely interrupted (i.e., exorcised).
- [x] You'll be the one preparing it this time.
- [x] Joke that you flavored it with Iocane powder.
>> No. 82628
[x] Go back to Wriggle and see if you can arrange time tomorrow with her to head by Kourindou. You can't really do anything at the moment so for now this'll have to suffice.
[x] Reimu. Insist you share tea, since last time you were rudely interrupted (i.e., exorcised).
- [x] You'll be the one preparing it this time.
- [x] Joke that you flavored it with Iocane powder.

This works.
>> No. 82648
>>82611
>Why go to such lengths to give up any shred of respect we may have earned from the other guests just to throw it away by blurting out to Reimu about this?

1. Lies always bite you in the ass. Especially when you rode in on a moral high-horse and your raison d'etre is bound inextricably with karma.
2. Reimu isn't in the middle of the room whooping up a storm. She's taciturn and probably alone, and if she isn't it wouldn't be difficult to get her to do so.
3. The entire point of Yukari throwing the game is so that she has leverage over us. If it becomes an open secret that she threw the game, she has no way to blackmail us later.
4. Reimu wasn't impressed anyway, and she almost certainly expects duplicity because Yukari has held back on her herself when they fought. Any reason for Reimu to be suspicious of us could turn out disastrous in the upcoming event.
5. Because she'll sympathize, as she knows first-hand what it's like to be caught up in Yukari's designs.
6. We honestly need the advice; there's no one who will give you as honest and as complete information on Yukari than the shrine maiden.
7. Finally, that Yukari was willing to throw the game for your sake would just make you all the more interesting to the other Touhous. More than that, I'd like to think the display of leadership, ingenuity, and problem solving skills contribute more to their opinion of you than that you actually won.
>> No. 82666
[d] Go back to Wriggle and see if you can arrange time tomorrow with her to head by Kourindou. You can't really do anything at the moment so for now this'll have to suffice.
[a] Reimu. Insist you share tea, since last time you were rudely interrupted (i.e., exorcised).
- [z] You'll be the one preparing it this time.
- [e] Joke that you flavored it with Iocane powder.
>> No. 82692
[x] Go back to Wriggle and see if you can arrange time tomorrow with her to head by Kourindou. You can't really do anything at the moment so for now this'll have to suffice.
[x] Reimu. Insist you share tea, since last time you were rudely interrupted (i.e., exorcised).
- [x] You'll be the one preparing it this time.
- [x] Joke that you flavored it with Iocane powder.

Nah. You're not sure that you want to take up that option just yet. Not to mention the fact that you don't exactly want to end up having to be indebted to someone else. As it is you already have a lot on your plate, Aya and Suwako want to see you sometime tomorrow, Yuyuko will likely want to spend time with you, Wriggle needs to be taken clothes shopping, and of course your training with Youmu. You put the thought out of your mind, and resign yourself to defeat for tonight. There's nothing more you can do, so you head back to the room. Wriggle has since drifted into the bathroom, looking at herself in the mirror.

“Everything okay?” you ask, a little curious as you see she's fussing with the barrette a little.

“I don't think this looks right,” she says, fidgeting with the clip. You come up behind her and look into the mirror over her shoulder. You notice she's looking at your reflection instead of herself now.

“I think it looks good,” you say. “It's definitely a start at least. I'll make you a cute looking girl yet.” You grin at her reflection, and you see she turns a little red. She stops playing with the clip as well. “There's nothing more I can do tonight with what I have on hand, so we'll have to go out tomorrow and get you some clothes.” Wriggle nods into the mirror, and you pat her on the shoulder. She turns and looks up at you.

“Why are you putting so much effort into this?” she asks, sounding a little sad. This again? “Do you want something out of me in reality? It's just, this is like what Yukari does...” Wriggle pauses. Now you get it.

“I don't have any ulterior motives for this,” you say with a smile. “If you think I'm only helping you to get something out of you, you're mistaken. I only have your best interests in mind, to make your life better at the expense of my time and effort. The satisfaction I get from seeing people happy with their lives is enough.” Wriggle seems to be satisfied with that, though her smile is still a little unsure. It seems she at least trusts you though.

“I look forward to tomorrow then,” she says, walking over to the bed and sitting on the edge.

“I do too,” you say, walking past Wriggle to the door. “I'll take you sometime tomorrow, I have some other stuff I needed to do as well, so I don't know what time.”

“That's fine,” Wriggle says. “It's not like I have anything to do.” With that, you nod farewell and head out. Now that has passed, you decide you need to kick back a bit, and you know just who to go to for that.

**

“Reimu,” you say, catching her attention as you approach from behind. She's sitting on the edge of the porch overlooking the gardens with Sanae. Reimu leans back, raising her head to look behind her, she gives you an odd look until she notices the tray you're carrying.

“Oh? Bringing tea?” she says, leaning forward and turning on the spot as you come closer. You place the tray on the floor, you hadn't counted on anyone else being around, but thankfully you did bring several cups so she didn't have to be left out.

“I thought it would be nice to have some tea and relax, since the last time I had tea with you we were interrupted,” you say, and Reimu's mouth curls into a grin halfway between amused and knowing.

“Oh, you two know each other already?” Sanae asks, being the one out of the loop.

“Yeah, we met a while ago,” she says as you pour her a cup of tea. You move onto Sanae's cup afterwards after handing Reimu hers.

“I decided I'd make the tea this time, since it was your turn last time,” you say, handing Sanae her cup before moving onto yours. Reimu takes a sip from her cup first, and gives an appreciative hum as she does.

“This is pretty good,” she says, looking into the cup. “Taste's like Alice's tea,” she continues, grinning again. Sanae takes a drink of hers as well, and you finish yours and take a drink as well.

“Well, I did add a slight personal touch to it,” you say. Reimu and Sanae's attention is on you. “Iocane powder.” Sanae draws a blank, but Reimu begins to chuckle slightly.

“So, which one of us is the Sicilian?” Reimu asks with a grin. You return the grin, a little surprised she caught on so quickly. You actually weren't expecting either of them to get it. Sanae is looking a little confused at the situation.

“What's Iocane powder?” she asks, taking another sip of her tea.

“Poison,” Reimu says, taking another mouthful of her own tea immediately afterwards. Naturally, Sanae's immediate reaction is to nearly explode, spitting tea all over the ground beyond the porch and immediately wiping her mouth in a panic.

“Poison? Reimu! Wait!” Sanae shouts in a panic. Reimu just starts to laugh, and you can't help but to join in, making Sanae lapse back into confusion and panic once again. “Is it the poison? Are you alright!?” Sanae panics again, Reimu's laughter slows a bit as she waves down Sanae.

“Relax, it's a joke,” she says to an ever more befuddled Sanae. “It's from a book.” Sanae's confusion deepens, until it's replaced with annoyance. She stamps her foot.

“You mean that was a joke? That's a pretty terrible joke!” she complains, sitting down again, looking a little red in the face. You're not sure if it's from embarrassment or her recent activity. Maybe both. “Saying something like that, jeez...”

“It was worth it though,” Reimu says, drinking more tea. “I had a laugh,” she says after swallowing.

“It was pretty funny,” you say. Sanae just glares at the two of you, then smiles a bit finally.

“You two are awful, no wonder you know each other already,” she says, drinking her tea once more now that the poison panic is over. Reimu looks back at you with a smirk, then looks back out to the garden.

“Yeah, I guess we do get along pretty well,” she says.

You stay with the two for a while, carrying on with a bit of chatter and enjoying the newly started snowfall in the garden outside. After a while, the teapot runs dry and Sanae is called away by Kanako, leaving the two of you alone.

“I'm surprised you knew what I was talking about,” you say. Reimu looks at you confused for a moment before she realizes.

“Oh, the book? Yeah,” she says, looking back to the garden. “I'm one of the few people in Gensokyo with a fair amount of experience with the outside world, living in a shrine on the Border and all.”

“How familiar are you?” you ask, intrigued. Reimu looks up in thought.

“Well, I haven't really been able to go back since I took over the shrine from my mother, so I don't really know anything that's happened in the last 10 years or so,” she says, reflecting on her life. … Wait.

“Go back? You mean, outside?” Reimu nods. “You come from the outside as well?”

“Oh, it's not like that,” she says, looking at you. “It's, well, kind of strange really. The Hakurei family linage can be traced back to the founding of the human village in this area, and had a hand in the creation of the aptly named Great Hakurei Border, so we're natives. It's... a security measure I guess you could say.”

“A security measure?” you repeat, egging her to continue.
>> No. 82693
“The Hakurei family tends to the Border, so without us, the barrier would weaken and begin to fall apart. Of course, being a family of power, we'd make a rather high priority target for any youkai to attack looking to prove their strength. Naturally, this would be a problem for anyone, but if a youkai were to attack and kill the wrong family member, they could endanger the entire lineage, so how do you make sure the youkai know specifically who is the important one?”

You think for a moment, then look at Reimu.

“You appoint one person,” you say, realizing the answer. Reimu nods.

“And I was the appointed one, the eldest daughter” she says. “The only daughter, really. The one that's going to be the next to tend the shrine. That way, every youkai knows they can't kill me or else they'd endanger the Border. The father takes his child outside of the Border to live in safety while she's raised to take over the shrine, then once she's old enough, she's sent back in to Gensokyo to live at the shrine and oversee the Border. The process repeats with her child, and so on,” Reimu explains, leaning back on her palms. “That's the way it's been done ever since the Border went up, and that's how it'll be for me. Only...” Reimu drops her head back. “I don't want to have to leave Gensokyo behind.”

“You don't have to leave it behind entirely, do you?” you ask. Reimu sighs.

“Why am I even explaining this to you anyway? It's not exactly something you need to know,” she says, sounding a little annoyed. “One pot of tea and I'm treating you like a lifelong friend. You really must have drugged it or something,” she says, looking at you with a smile.

“Well, I find it kind of interesting actually,” you say. “I don't mind listening.” Reimu gives a short laugh, then looks back at the garden.

“I'm going to miss this world when I leave. The least I can hope is that I'll come back here when I die,” she says. “If I'm lucky, I could end up in Higan and run away to the surface myself.”

“I'd suggest against that, personally,” you say. Reimu laughs again.

“I'm sure you're right. I wouldn't want to be exterminated by my own granddaughter,” she says. She lifts her arms away and lays back on the porch, sighing a bit as she clasps her hands over her stomach. “I'm getting tired.”

“Should I go then?” you ask. Reimu rolls her head side to side.

“You can stay if you want to keep talking. If I was heading to bed, I'd just leave,” she says. Well, she does have a point. Of course, there's the question of if you have anything else you wanted to do, or if you were going to turn in for the night yourself.

---

Like with dinner, any time you want to simply check out for the night, simply vote to proceed as such.
>> No. 82699
Ah, It's nice to have a calmer Reimu for a change.
I'm pretty out of it though, so I'll have to wait for someone to think up a good write-in here.
>> No. 82700
>“I'm sure you're right. I wouldn't want to be exterminated by my own granddaughter,”

[x] "It's a nice thought, though, to think any one of these youkai you wrangle with could actually be one of your ancestors, checking up on you."
[x] "The Scarlets--is Remilia the kind of person to hold a grudge? Or is it a lot of hot air and bluster?"
[x] "Is Yukari someone you can take at her word?"
[x] "She told me Marisa had become more deeply depressed as an unintended consequence of Alice's possession; thought you might be concerned to hear that, as her friend. Normally I wouldn't ask someone else to clean up my own mess, but I have my finger in too many pies right now as it is."
[x] "The movie is pretty good too if you haven't seen it. If you ever spy it in Kourindou, Nitori's got a video player set up."
>> No. 82701
[x] "It's a nice thought, though, to think any one of these youkai you wrangle with could actually be one of your ancestors, checking up on you."
[x] "The Scarlets--is Remilia the kind of person to hold a grudge? Or is it a lot of hot air and bluster?"
[x] "Is Yukari someone you can take at her word?"
[x] "She told me Marisa had become more deeply depressed as an unintended consequence of Alice's possession; thought you might be concerned to hear that, as her friend. Normally I wouldn't ask someone else to clean up my own mess, but I have my finger in too many pies right now as it is."
[x] "The movie is pretty good too if you haven't seen it. If you ever spy it in Kourindou, Nitori's got a video player set up."
>> No. 82703
[x] "It's a nice thought, though, to think any one of these youkai you wrangle with could actually be one of your ancestors, checking up on you."
[x] "The Scarlets--is Remilia the kind of person to hold a grudge? Or is it a lot of hot air and bluster?"
[x] "Is Yukari someone you can take at her word?"
[x] "She told me Marisa had become more deeply depressed as an unintended consequence of Alice's possession; thought you might be concerned to hear that, as her friend. Normally I wouldn't ask someone else to clean up my own mess, but I have my finger in too many pies right now as it is."
[x] "The movie is pretty good too if you haven't seen it. If you ever spy it in Kourindou, Nitori's got a video player set up."
>> No. 82711
Updates it is then.
>> No. 82712
>>82711

hooray!
>> No. 82729
[x] "It's a nice thought, though, to think any one of these youkai you wrangle with could actually be one of your ancestors, checking up on you."
[x] "The Scarlets--is Remilia the kind of person to hold a grudge? Or is it a lot of hot air and bluster?"
[x] "Is Yukari someone you can take at her word?"
[x] "She told me Marisa had become more deeply depressed as an unintended consequence of Alice's possession; thought you might be concerned to hear that, as her friend. Normally I wouldn't ask someone else to clean up my own mess, but I have my finger in too many pies right now as it is."
[x] "The movie is pretty good too if you haven't seen it. If you ever spy it in Kourindou, Nitori's got a video player set up."

Nothing too pressing comes to mind, so you decide to continue kicking back. You've had a good time so far, though there are still a few things on your mind you want to ask, and between what you know yourself, and what you remember from your time as Alice, Reimu is your best bet for asking some particular questions.

“You know, I had a pretty interesting thought just now,” you say. “From what you said about running from Higan. Don't you think it's kind of a nice thought that sometime in the past, a youkai that gave you trouble out of nowhere might have been an ancestor coming to look in on you.” Reimu doesn't reply at first. She looks like she's trying to remember something.

“That is kind of nice,” she says after a while. “Though I'd prefer if they came by without causing trouble.”

“Yeah, that's a good point,” you say. “I had a few questions I wanted to ask you as well.”

“Well, let's hear them,” Reimu says, pushing herself up into a sitting position.

“Well first is about Remilia. Is she the kind of person to hold a grudge against someone, or does she just play herself up as being a big bad girl?” you ask. Reimu gives a twisted kind of smile, you can't really tell the emotion behind it. Maybe amusement?

“Remilia, huh?” Reimu sighs. “She's a strange one at times, kind of a dual personality. I can say for sure she's a very proud little princess, so hurting her pride is sure to piss her off, so she would seek revenge for a slight,” she says, idly running a finger along the inside edge of her sleeve. “But she gets a weird sort of thrill out of the hunt, like she enjoys the pursuit more than the catch. It wouldn't be too extreme to say that she gets possessive of her target, and develops some kind of creepy stalker love for them until she beats them.”

“Wow,” you say, a little surprised to hear something like that. You're not really sure what to make of it. Reimu's grin seems more clear now, that she understands why you would ask.

“Why would you ask something like that though? Do something that might have hurt her pride?” Reimu asks. Yep, she gets it.

“Something like that,” you say, thinking back to your encounters with her.

“If I were in your position, I would simply let her exact her revenge before she gets out of hand,” Reimu says. You nod, understanding what she's saying. You're going to need to add that to your plans sometime. “Flandre can be like that sometimes too, she gets attached to people very quickly due to her isolation, so she gets stir crazy if she goes too long without playing with someone. I think 'crazy stalker love' is a family trait for the Scarlets. Any other questions?”

“Ah, yeah. Yukari, is she someone that you can take at her word?” you ask. Almost immediately Reimu starts laughing again. Okay.

“Did she rope you into something? I bet she threw the game to get your support,” Reimu says. You must have had some obvious expression on your face, because Reimu starts laughing again. She slides in a little closer. “Seriously? She threw the game for you?” You panic a little, looking around. Reimu's voice was low enough that only you could hear her, but you're still a little worried to hear it out loud. Thankfully though, there's no one even close. You look back to Reimu, and she's grinning again.

“Yeah, she did,” you reply quietly, and Reimu leans back with a sigh and another quiet laugh.

“I thought something was up with that,” she says. “Well, it's Yukari, after all,” Reimu says, though at the same time you hear what sounds like an echo of Yukari's voice. You shake your head for a moment, and Reimu gives you an odd look. “You okay?”

“Yeah, just had a weird moment of deja vu. Yukari said something like that,” you say, and Reimu nods.

“I hate it when she does things like that, but I guess I've gotten used to it,” Reimu says, turning away from the garden. It's pretty obvious she's getting more engrossed by this talking by now. “So, what was her ultimatum?”

“Nothing like that,” you say, turning a little towards Reimu yourself. “It was more for my reputation among the girls, and because she said that it would make Yuyuko happier with me.” Reimu seems taken by thought for a moment, then nods.

“Yeah, I can see her doing something like that,” Reimu says. “Though you're lucky. If Yukari said this was for Yuyuko, then you can trust her. There's still a catch to it though,” she says. “Why would she care about your reputation?” That's right, thinking of it now, it would seem a little odd.

“You think she's got something planned?” you ask. Reimu gives you a look you can only interpret as 'Oh please'.

“It's Yukari,” Reimu says flatly. “If it was chess, she'd checkmate you on the first turn with your own pieces. She has something up her sleeve if she wants you to look good for a bunch of people. What, I don't know, maybe some kind of leader for something, or maybe even a scapegoat. She's made an icon out of you for some reason though, so whatever she has planned, she'll be using your popularity as it's base.”

“Can I do anything about it?” you ask.

“Not unless you plan to seal yourself away forever. Whatever it is she wants of you, you will end up doing eventually, without even realizing it until she shows up afterwards to congratulate you for a job well done,” Reimu says. Great.

“Well, there's more that she said as well,” you say. “She also told me Marisa was depressed due to things that happened while I was Alice.” Reimu nods again, looking aside.

“Marisa had been kind of quiet lately, but depressed? Maybe more like tired and annoyed, though I have to admit that I've never really seen Marisa sad, so I can't really say if she is or not,” Reimu says, toying with some of her hair. “Why would that concern you though?”

“Actually, I was thinking it would be more concerning to you as her friend,” you say. Reimu's eyes widen a bit in a 'Oh' kind of way.

“I see. I don't really know what to do about that though,” she says.
>> No. 82730
“If you can come up with any way to help her out, find some way to cheer her up maybe, it'd help me. I wouldn't normally ask someone to clean up my loose ends like this, but I have my hands kind of tied at the moment,” you say. “Having a body again is nice, but it brought me a little more trouble being easily identifiable, especially after this game. It's like everyone wants something out of me.”

“Welcome to my world,” Reimu says with a brief sigh. “Always wanting me to solve their problems for them. Say, isn't that a lot like what's happening right now?” she asks with a smile. You can't help but grin. “Guess we're both stuck playing into other people's hands, aren't we?”

“Something like that,” you say. “By the way, unrelated, but the movie for that book is pretty good too. You should check it out sometime if you see it around.” Reimu blinks in confusion for a few moments.

“There's a movie?” she asks.

“Yeah. Nitori has some video equipment set up if you need a place to watch it if you find it,” you say, but Reimu shakes her head.

“I've got my own stuff. I don't really use it much, but it's still there. Suika gets a kick out of it though, so it keeps her out of trouble,” she says. “I'll have to look into that though, thanks.”

“No problem, I thought you'd like to know,” you say. Reimu stifles a yawn with the back of her hand, then stands up, and you stand up shortly after.

“I think I'm going to head to sleep now,” she says. “I may be staying the night, but I need to get back to the shrine early tomorrow. I left it in kind of a mess, so I need to clean it before the few steady worshipers I do get show up.”

“Alright then,” you say. You're about to say good night when Reimu laughs a little, throwing you off.

“It always ends up like this,” she says. “Someone comes along and makes trouble, I head off to investigate, and in the end it turns out they're not so bad.” She gives you a friendly smile, and you reciprocate.

“Nice to know I'm not so bad,” you say. Reimu yawns again, then turns away.

“I'm off, good night,” she says, walking away.

“Good night,” you reply, then after a few seconds, you head off on your own, bringing the tray that had been left behind to the kitchen. Once you square away the dishes, you're left with nothing to do again. From the kitchen you can still hear the sounds of the ongoing party, so it doesn't seem like that's died off. Then again, with the number of youkai involved, it's likely the partying could continue through to the daylight. What to do is once again up to you.

---
>> No. 82735
[x] Get some sleep. You have a long day tomorrow.

After causing some trouble we sat down and had tea with Reimu. We are truly a touhou now.
>> No. 82737
[x] Sleep

Can't help thinking we've forgotten something very important, but there's how much stuff we have to do?
>> No. 82746
You are a ghost. You do not need to sleep.

[x] Go back to the party, drinking games, cards, schmoozing, staying up all night, etc.
[x] If you do get tired, try to sleep somewhere where others won't find you easily, like on the roof or in the garden.

Marisa may be waiting for you to fall asleep to steal that sword back, especially if that's what's really made her depressed. It's what she's good at, after all. Remilia is probably planning something herself if she really is as obsessed as Reimu said she was.

I'm going to scan through the last few threads in case we missed something obvious.
>> No. 82747
[x] Get some sleep. You have a long day tomorrow.
>> No. 82749
>Marisa may be waiting for you to fall asleep to steal that sword back, especially if that's what's really made her depressed.

It was the sword and the notes as of Thread 18. And while I advocate telling Marisa about it, I strongly suspect we physically CAN'T give away or lose the sword at this point, considering we can summon it with a thought.

I strongly suspect that we're bound to the sword as well - possibly in a way that predates our coming into Gensenkyo. Think about it, why couldn't Marisa just think the sword back like the way we could now? Why can we access it's powers after using it to hit things for a bit? Why did we notice and take it from Marisa's in the first place? As noted, it didn't look that impressive and saying maybe we could sell it later smacks of a reason made up after a decision. If we jump to a new hosts, the sword should be following us - after all, it's meant to be a last reserve in case someone's on our tail - and not the host who we'd be using it with.
>> No. 82750
>Why did we notice and take it from Marisa's in the first place?

Because someone posted an irc log detailing it to be important to us after we decided to ignore it at first.

Then we wrote-in to examine it and take it for ourselves.
>> No. 82751
>>82750

I meant in-character.
>> No. 82753
>>82749

I would have one hell of a time trying to find a believable way to explain how a relatively normal guy has a pre-existing bond with an ancient mystical Japanese sword he'd never have seen before in his life, which was formed through a mystical barrier surrounding a pocket dimension of magic.
>> No. 82757
[x] Get some sleep. You have a long day tomorrow.

On second thought, you should probably rest. While you technically don't need sleep as a ghost, you're still not used to th whole death thing, or at least being a ghost. You expect to feel tired, and in the end you start to. You figure you'll mentally adapt yourself to work without sleep eventually, but old habits die hard. Without much ceremony, you head off to secure the room you had used before. You pass a few other guests along the way, Sanae and Suwako in particular, both looking particularly tired. Seems that a few people have broken off to go to sleep, so you don't feel too out of place anymore.

You reach your room, and you slip into your bed. Now you're recalling why it's so hard for you to let go of needing sleep, the fact that beds are comfortable. No doubt, even despite the fact you don't need it, you do still need to relax at least. What better way to relax than willingly lose consciousness? With all you have on your plate tomorrow, you at least want the slight peace of having a well rested night beforehand. You can still hear the sounds of the party faint through the walls, but it's not loud enough to disturb you. As a final part of your preparations, you place the sword between the wall and the bed and lay back. Sleep comes easily.

***

You wake up some time later. From the lighting, you can tell it's not day yet, or at least not day enough for the sun to be out, you have no real way to be sure. You can still hear the faint noises of people, so either it hasn't been very long at all, or there are still a few up. You're not sure why you even woke up, you're not hungry or thirsty, so unless it was some outside disturbance, you have no idea. You didn't feel or hear anything that startled you awake. At least, you don't think so. Pushing it out of your mind, you roll over and prepare to fall back asleep when you come face to face with Yuyuko, crouching next to your bed. She's smiling at you, that much you can tell from the dim light. Before you can say anything, Yuyuko places a finger over your mouth.

“Shh, don't say anything,” she says. “Just let me talk.” You wait a while for her to continue, but it seems she's waiting for a confirmation. You nod your head, and she pulls her finger away. “You've been here a while now, and we've had some good times together. We had some fun, right?” she asks. You nod, and she smiles wider, leaning her face closer. “So it's only natural that a woman should feel a particular way for a man, right?” she asks next. Is she going where you think she's going?

“Yuyuko,” you start, only to get cut off by a huff and a fake-angry pouting face.

“I thought you agreed I'd do all the talking,” she says, breaking into a smile again. “That's okay though, I think I can quiet you down with this,” she says, before closing the distance between your lips and pressing hers into yours, giving you a light peck. Well, that was all that was needed it seems, as another follows, and another, each with growing intensity. After the latest kiss, you pull back, and Yuyuko rises from her kneeling position and slides into your bed next to you, pulling the covers over herself as she joins you. Locked now in an embrace, you continue kissing her, until in the course of events, you find yourself positioned over top of her. You can see a confident gleam in her eyes in the dim light as she raises her hands to your face, running her fingers along your jaw.

“Kenshiro,” she says, smiling warmly. “I'm so happy you're here.” You smile in response, and lower your head to kiss her again. One of Yuyuko's hands come away from your face, and you feel some movement against your chest. You draw back in time to see Yuyuko drawing apart the fold of her kimono, slowly exposing her breasts until her chest is entirely unclothed. You can feel your own chest tightening in anticipation, and you pry your eyes away to look into Yuyuko's. She nods to you. “They're yours to do as you please,” she says. And you smile, and kiss her once more before you move lower, bringing your face between her ample breasts and-

***

You open your eyes. You're face down in your pillow. God damn it. You roll over onto your back and take a deep breath. You never felt such vicious animosity towards a pillow before. Not only that, but especially now you're aware of another particular part of you in full alert. Maybe going to sleep was a bad idea. You lie there in the dark for a while, making sure to look around in case there was someone hiding in your room somewhere waiting to piss you off with a dream-within-a-dream end. No, you're pretty sure you're quite awake right now, and more than a little annoyed. You can still hear the sounds of partying however, so you do know that there are still some people up. That seems to be the only constant though. With a sigh, you roll over and prepare to go back to sleep when you notice that the door to your room is open a crack. You can't remember if you closed it all the way or not, but it sticks out for some reason. You don't really want to leave your bed to go check it out though, so you decide to just ignore it. You do roll back over to check if the sword was still by the bed, though, and you find that it is. That eliminates any possibility that someone came in here to steal that, and since that's the only thing you could think of, you conclude it's not important.

You fall back to sleep rather easily, thankfully. You don't have any more dreams.

DAY [Whatever number it was again] END

---

Bit of a change here. Going to write the rest later because I'm starting to feel tired myself. All this writing of sleepy Reimu and comfy beds has made me kind of zzzzzzzzzzz.

Also, I chickened out on yet another canon placement of an H-scene, mostly because it would seem in entirely poor taste to agree on one hand not to do anything to hurt Yuyuko, then turn around and fuck someone in her house, especially after turning down such an invitation earlier on that the author would absolutely love to write and still thinks he should railroad you into Haha disregard that I suck cocks.

Though, the lost opportunities now aren't gone forever. They're not particularly sensitive to time or place. Well, maybe one, but whatever. More fuel for the 'What If' machine.
>> No. 82759
File 123879876791.jpg - (20.64KB , 159x567 , yuyuko_u.jpg ) [iqdb]
82759
>You never felt such vicious animosity towards a pillow before. Not only that, but especially now you're aware of another particular part of you in full alert.

The obvious solution would be to replace all the pillows in Hakugyokuro with the type on the left.
>> No. 82760
>especially after turning down such an invitation earlier on

Uh...when was that?
>that the author would absolutely love to write and still thinks he should railroad you into

You still should...
>> No. 82763
>>82760

I think he means when Alice was asking for help with Patchouli.

>>82757
>that the author would absolutely love to write and still thinks he should railroad you into

I wish more authors would 'railroad' us this way.
>> No. 82764
>Uh...when was that?

It was the in the vote that this thread started with.
>> No. 82766
>>82764

Ah, that.

...how would that hurt Yuyuko?
>> No. 82769
>>82766

I never figured that one out either. Isn't one of the H-scenes going to be with Yukari? I think we can sleep around as long as we keep Yuyuko first.

Also, wouldn't Patchy be sore in the morning? She might need an intimate massage.

...Come to think of it, Meiling might also know how to do that. That would also be fun to watch.
>> No. 82771
>>82769

>Also, wouldn't Patchy be sore in the morning? She might need an intimate massage.
>...Come to think of it, Meiling might also know how to do that. That would also be fun to watch.

Maybe ask China to teach Patchouli how to play the accordion?

>>82766

Abandonment complex. Ties in with Youki leaving.
>> No. 82779
>>82753
...Reincarnation?
>> No. 82781
>>Maybe ask China to teach Patchouli how to play the accordion?

No, have her teach Patchouli how to rap.
>> No. 82782
And before I forget again : I think Day Eight just ended. Day Six was the first day at Hakugyokuro, Day Seven started with SWR and ended some time during the snowball fight, Day Eight would've started during the snowball fight, ending with dinner and us sleeping.

Which is sorta weird.
>> No. 82816
>>82782

Well, I'd consider periods bracketed by sleep to be days, so day 7 just ended then.
>> No. 82829
Make it the end of week one then.

It sounds much more dramatic.
>> No. 82835
>>82829

Right then.
>> No. 82840
>>82835

Writing now?
>> No. 82843
>>82840

Tomorrow.
>> No. 82954
Tomorrow came and went.
>> No. 83011
>>82954

I have a hard time getting motivated to work when I'm bored of the music I have on hand.

***

When you next open your eyes, the noise is rather obvious. From the sound of things, quite a few people are up and moving around again. On top of it, at some point it sounds like the party moved back to the kitchen. All things considered, it's likely that breakfast is going to be going down some time soon. You check the sword again, to make sure it didn't take a walk in the middle of the night. Still in place, good. You slip out of bed and make your way out of the room. Definitely noisy in the kitchen, that'll be your first stop then.

As you had expected, there's a crowd in there already. Several people are already eating at the connected dining room, and several more are cooking or in the stages of preparing something. Opposed to the organized cooking efforts of last night, breakfast seems to be a total free for all. One thing you notice, however, is that Yuyuko is nowhere in sight. For a moment you rationalize that it could just be that she's not here yet, but come on, this is Yuyuko. You consider looking for her, but Youmu spots you from the table and waves you over. You head into the kitchen.

“Have you seen Yuyuko around?” Youmu asks as you walk up. You shake your head.

“No, I just woke up and was coming to see what all the fuss was about,” you say. Youmu looks a little annoyed and returns to her bowl of rice. “Why?”

“Why what?” Youmu asks, taking a mouthful of rice.

“Is she missing or something?” you ask, already pretty sure where this is going. Youmu doesn't answer immediately, instead taking another mouthful of rice.

“She's not missing, I just haven't seen her,” Youmu says after swallowing. She still seems annoyed though. “You've still got your training to do anyway, so don't worry about it,” she adds.

“You think I could put that off until a bit later?” you ask, getting an inquisitive glance from Youmu. “I've got a bunch of things I need to get done today.” Youmu keeps her eyes on you as she thinks and eats.

“Like” she asks.

“I made a few promises to people and I want to get them over and done with,” you explain. Suwako comes to mind, and that's when you realize you haven't seen her yet today. Actually, you haven't seen Kanako or Sanae either. The more you look around, the more you realize that several people are missing from the group that had gathered last night. All the girls of Youkai mountain seem to have left, as well as a few others. Chen is nowhere to be seen despite Ran and Yukari being at the table, for one, and several others are missing as well. Reimu is also gone, of course, but you expected that.

“Noon then,” she says. “If you're not back by then, you're getting double the drills, and you'll be doing them perfectly.” You give Youmu a nod, and step away from the table, heading off to get about your business. You're not entirely sure what time it is right now thanks to the sky, but you figure you couldn't possibly take that long. Of course, you immediately run into trouble as you leave the Hakugyokuro gate. Out here the sky, though still red, still has a clearly visible sun. From it's positioning, you seem to have maybe an hour until noon. Damn it, you've got to be quick about this then. You make your way towards the distant mountain. Thankfully both of your stops are at the same place, so you don't have much traveling needed. Even though you said you'd head by in the afternoon, you might as well drop by Aya's for the interview anyway, at the very least you can keep it brief. Now, which one should you visit first, the shrine or the paper?

---
>> No. 83014
I am reading up from thread 15 upwards, but i can't find Thread 20 here http://z4.invisionfree.com/touhouvn/index.php?showtopic=81
or on the board. Could you zip it up or something please?
>> No. 83018
>>83014

http://www.box.net/shared/t4ukkac9to

Plain text, only the updates, but that's okay right?
>> No. 83028
[x] Go see Aya, might as well get it over with first so you make sure nothing you don't want put about you get's printed.

Also, maybe we can delay the paper further by asking what it was like from Momizi's side.
>> No. 83057
[x] Go see Aya, might as well get it over with first so you make sure nothing you don't want put about you get's printed.
>> No. 83093
[x] Go see Aya, might as well get it over with first so you make sure nothing you don't want put about you gets printed.
>> No. 83107
[x] Go see Suwako, might as well get it over with first so you make sure nothing you don't want put about you gets printed.
[x] Practice Komachi's instructions on manipulating distances in order to reach you destination more quickly.

Jesus fuck, we agreed to go see Suwako first thing in the morning and told Aya we would see her in the afternoon. Don't trhow away your schedule like that, Anon!
>> No. 83109
[x] Go see Aya, might as well get it over with first so you make sure nothing you don't want put about you gets printed.
[x] Practice Komachi's instructions on manipulating distances in order to reach you destination more quickly.
>> No. 83124
>>83018
That is enough for me. Thank you.

[x] Go see Aya, might as well get it over with first so you make sure nothing you don't want put about you gets printed.
[x] Practice Komachi's instructions on manipulating distances in order to reach you destination more quickly.
>> No. 83132
[x] Go see Suwako, might as well get it over with first so you make sure nothing you don't want put about you gets printed.
[x] Practice Komachi's instructions on manipulating distances in order to reach you destination more quickly.

Suwacko
>> No. 83148
[z] Go see Suwako, might as well get it over with first so you make sure nothing you don't want put about you gets printed.
[e] Practice Komachi's instructions on manipulating distances in order to reach you destination more quickly.

7-league ghost.
>> No. 83154
>[x] Go see Suwako, might as well get it over with first so you make sure nothing you don't want put about you gets printed.

Uh...
>> No. 83155
>>83154
>might as well get it over with first so you make sure nothing you don't want put about you gets printed.

It could make sense. If we see Suwako now, we won't have another appointment immediately hanging over our heads when we see Aya, so we can take as much time as necessary explaining things and correcting her when she "misinterprets" our answers.
>> No. 83156
>>83155

Pretty roundabout answer.
>> No. 83159
>>83156

don't blame me, i didn't write it
>> No. 83163
>>83154

Just cut off the last part.
>> No. 83165
[x] Go see Suwako
[x] Practice Komachi's instructions on manipulating distances in order to reach you destination more quickly.
>> No. 83166
[x] Go see Suwako.
[x] Practice Komachi's instructions on manipulating distances in order to reach you destination more quickly.
>> No. 83167
[z] Go see Suwako
[z] Practice Komachi's instructions on manipulating distances in order to reach you destination more quickly.
>> No. 83168
[x] Go see Suwako.
[x] Practice Komachi's instructions on manipulating distances in order to reach you destination more quickly.

Changing vote.
>> No. 83169
[x] Go see Suwako.
[x] Practice Komachi's instructions on manipulating distances in order to reach you destination more quickly.
>> No. 83187
>>83154

Err..um, yeah...well..

Ok, I have no excuses. Ignore anything after 'Suwako'.

By the way, I remembered that we aslso need to study magic to complete Alice's route.
>> No. 83194
Updates?
>> No. 83197
>>83194

I am a lazy man.

Updates coming soon to a thread near you.
>> No. 83200
>>83197

hooray!
>> No. 83208
Or maybe not today, if I can ever open my eyes for five fucking minutes. I'm just going to go lay down and suffer continued pain until I pass out. Maybe I'll be better when I wake up.
>> No. 83222
>>83208
god invented drugs for a reason
>> No. 83302
[x] Go see Suwako.
[x] Practice Komachi's instructions on manipulating distances in order to reach your destination more quickly.

You should head to Suwako first, she seemed like a little bit less trouble. As you fly, you also decide that you should try out Komachi's instructions again. Maybe you'll have a bit of luck. You're a little apprehensive about closing your eyes to visualize your destination at the moment though. You're still pretty high up though, so you don't have to worry about running into anything at least. Might as well give it a shot. You close your eyes and draw up a mental image of the mountain top shrine. You're having a bit of an issue with visualizing yourself in relation to it, given how far off you still are and the fact that you're moving. Nevertheless, you repeat the process, imagining something drawing it to you, reaching out to it. You focus on the gate in your mind, using it as a focus. The visualized hand grabs the gate post, and as soon as it does, you collide with something. Your eyes snap open in surprise, and you're greeted with a face full of black and blue fabric. In your shock as well, you've lost all concentration and you're aware now that you're falling. Whoever you ran into is shouting as well, and after a lot of thrashing, they break away from you just in time to avoid crashing through the treetops.

You hit the ground rather hard, but it hurts a lot less than you'd imagine it would to fall from such a height. Nevertheless, you're still stunned from the drop. As you're sitting up, a dark-dressed girl flies down through the hole in the trees and lands in front of you. She looks quite pissed at you, though that's not what's on your mind at the moment. Instead, you're a little more preoccupied trying to figure out who she is. You seem to have some faint memories of her, but whose they are you can't tell.

“Do you regularly crash into people when you're flying or are you just an idiot?” she asks, folding her red wings behind her back.

“Of course not,” you say, standing up. You realize you're a good head taller than she is, and you also note a small pair of horns and a third apparent wing on her head, sticking from her blue-white hair. She looks a little annoyed at you looking down on her, so she floats up into the air to see you eye to eye.

“Then did you think you'd just have some fun beating me up too?” she asks.

“I don't know what you're going on about,” you say, taking a step to the side. “I'm sorry I ran into you, I wasn't paying attention.” The girl flies to the side and gets in front of you again.

“Where do you think you're going? You ran into me and made me drop my book, so you're going to help me find it,” the girl says, staring you down. You scratch your head and look around a bit half-heartedly, somewhat hoping you could spot it at random and be off again, but no such luck.

“All I have to do is help you find your book, right?” you ask.

“Well, if it's damaged, you're going to pay for a replacement. That is, if there even is another one,” she says, floating a little higher so she's looking down on you this time. This seems like a bit of a hassle. You're already somewhat pressed for time as it is, even just going to the mountain and back. If you have to stop to look for a book, who knows if you're going to make it back on time. Then again, it is your fault for flying with your eyes closed, though you wonder what she was doing to get run into in the first place. She mustn't have been paying attention either. In any case though, you need to make a decision.

---
>> No. 83303
[x] Ask her for some defining characteristics of her book. If you know what it looks like you might be able to use that power to teleport to it's location.
>> No. 83306
[x] Ask her for some defining characteristics of her book. If you know what it looks like you might be able to use that power to teleport to it's location.
>> No. 83311
Hmmm.. a few things.

1) It might not be a good idea to use a relatively untrained power that requires extreme concentration and visualation to teleport to a thing you've only got a description of.

2) Next time we try teleporting, do it while immaterial and invisible. Not only do we not have to worry about bumping into things, but it's easier to pass it off as just you being there all along rather than teleporting.
>> No. 83317
>“Well, if it's damaged, you're going to pay for a replacement. That is, if there even is another one,” she says, floating a little higher so she's looking down on you this time. This seems like a bit of a hassle. You're already somewhat pressed for time as it is, even just going to the mountain and back. If you have to stop to look for a book, who knows if you're going to make it back on time. Then again, it is your fault for flying with your eyes closed, though you wonder what she was doing to get run into in the first place. She mustn't have been paying attention either. In any case though, you need to make a decision.

[x] In lieu of finding her book now, offer to take her to the Library of the Scarlet Devil Mansion tomorrow. You're friends with the Head Librarian. You could meet her at Alice's house, if she knows where that is, or Kourindou.
[x] Introduce yourself, Kenshiro the friendly ghost. Ask her who she is.

We're very busy right now. Even if we can't take her because of Remilia, we can still get Alice to.
>> No. 83318
[x] Ask her for some defining characteristics of her book. If you know what it looks like you might be able to use that power to teleport to it's location.
>> No. 83327
[x] In lieu of finding her book now, offer to take her to the Library of the Scarlet Devil Mansion tomorrow. You're friends with the Head Librarian. You could meet her at Alice's house, if she knows where that is, or Kourindou.
[x] Introduce yourself, Kenshiro the friendly ghost. Ask her who she is.
>> No. 83341
[x] In lieu of finding her book now, offer to take her to the Library of the Scarlet Devil Mansion tomorrow. You're friends with the Head Librarian. You could meet her at Alice's house, if she knows where that is, or Kourindou.
[x] Introduce yourself, Kenshiro the friendly ghost. Ask her who she is.
>> No. 83344
[x] In lieu of finding her book now, offer to take her to the Library of the Scarlet Devil Mansion tomorrow. You're friends with the Head Librarian. You could meet her at Alice's house, if she knows where that is, or Kourindou.
[x] Introduce yourself, Casper the friendly ghost. Ask her who she is.
>> No. 83366
[z] In lieu of finding her book now, offer to take her to the Library of the Scarlet Devil Mansion tomorrow. You're friends with the Head Librarian. You could meet her at Alice's house, if she knows where that is, or Kourindou.
[e] Introduce yourself, Kenshiro the friendly ghost. Ask her who she is.
>> No. 83385
[x] In lieu of finding her book now, offer to take her to the Library of the Scarlet Devil Mansion tomorrow. You're friends with the Head Librarian. You could meet her at Alice's house, if she knows where that is, or Kourindou.
[x] Introduce yourself, Kenshiro the friendly ghost. Ask her who she is.

You don't have time for this. You shrug your shoulders at the girl.

“Look, I don't have time to help you right now,” you say. “I've got a ton of things going on today and I'm on a tight schedule as it is. I'd love to stick around, but I just can't right now.” The girl's annoyance grows. “I'll make it up to you though. You like books, right? I could get you into the Scarlet Devil mansion's library.” Her eyes light up momentarily before she takes hre angry expression once again.

“How do I know you're not tricking me?” she asks, fluttering closer. “How could someone like you possibly get into the Scarlet Devil mansion and leave alive?” You give a slight chuckle in response to the question, which seems to confuse her.

“Well, because I'm already dead,” you say, and then you fade into the immaterial. The girl looks surprised, then flies forward and swings her hand through where you were, through your immaterial body. You circle behind her and return to physical form. “It's hard to kill-” you begin, but the girl shrieks and spins around, nearly falling out of the air at the same time. She definitely loses a few inches, back at eye level now. “It's hard to kill a ghost.”

“Y-yeah,” she says, sounding a little shaken. “But how could you get me in?”

“I'm on friendly terms with the librarian,” you say. She still looks a little unsure, and slightly annoyed, but she doesn't seem to have any outright objections. You start to float away a little now, but she rushes in and grabs your sleeve.

“Hold on a second!” she shouts. “You're tricking me, aren't you?” You shake your head.

“No, I'm dead serious,” you say, at which the girl smirks a little. Oh, it seems you made a slight pun. “I'll take you there myself, but I have business to take care of,” you say.

“Business where?” she asks. “I'm going to come look for you once I find my book, just to make sure you follow through on this.”

“Whatever works,” you say. “I'm heading to Youkai Mountain, more specifically the shrine there. I might also stop by Aya's newspaper office for a minute.” The girl nods. “If I'm not there, I'm probably back at Hakugyokuro. In fact, I'll probably be back at Hakugyokuro by noon or shortly after, so it's probably easier to look for me there around that time.” She looks appeased by that information, but she doesn't let go of your sleeve. You shake your arm a little to call her attention to that fact.

“I still don't trust you,” she says. You sigh. You don't stick around here any longer, so you're going to have to get moving regardless. You float down and wrap an arm around her waist, and start to fly off, carrying her with you.

“If you're not letting go, you're coming with me,” you say.

“Wah! What are you doing! Let go of me!” she shouts, pounding on your shoulder as she thrashes. You let go of her and she finally releases her grip, and you stop a few feet away.

“I really have to go, sorry. Just find a young white haired girl with swords and tell her Kenshiro told you to wait there, you shouldn't have any problems,” you say, floating away. She looks pissed to let you go, but she doesn't chase you again. After a few seconds, she turns away and flies back to where you had landed and kneels down, likely searching for her book. You turn away and make your way back into the open air and head for the mountain.

**

Though it didn't take very long, your little hang-up cost you a few minutes, and the rest of the flight took more. You're cutting into somewhere around 30 to noon by the time you reach the shrine gate. While your trip here had been under clear red sky, at the gate you find it's slightly overcast. The oddness compounds upon itself with the fact that the heavy clouds over the shrine seem to be completely still. You turn your attention back to the shrine grounds. You hesitate for a moment, finding yourself thinking you should go to the main building when you realize that you should rather go directly to Suwako's building behind the entire area. You fly over the area and find the smaller building no problem. You float down to the door and knock on the frame. A while passes without an answer, though you do hear movement inside. Just when you're about to knock again, the door slides open, Suwako on the other side minus her hat. She smiles at you.

“You're earlier than I expected,” she says, stepping back and gesturing into the room. “Come in for a sec,” she says. You oblige her and enter, and she closes the door and heads off into another room through an open door. After some sounds of movement in the other room, she returns in short order with a package wrapped in brown paper, looks about the size of a stack of paper. She hands it to you, and it even feels like a stack of paper. You look it over for a second, then look back at Suwako. She's still smiling.

“This is?” you ask.

“A package,” she says. Well, obviously. “I want you to take it to the kappa further down the mountain. It shouldn't really matter who you give it to, since it's something for all of them.”

“This is what you wanted my help with?” you ask, a little curious. This seems kind of petty to be asking for help with. Suwako nods.
>> No. 83386
“I don't really want to get directly involved, since Kanako is the acting deity of the shrine, it's her job to be the face, and my job to be the miracle worker,” Suwako says, though that doesn't really explain anything. You'd ask more, but you have a lingering feeling that asking her more would just get you more unclear answers. Seems like Hina knowledge. You let it slide then.

“So, just hand these over to anyone?” you ask. Suwako nods.

“Tell them it's from Kanako if anyone asks,” she says. “Make sure of that part.”

“Okay then,” you say, turning back towards the door. Suwako steps ahead and opens it for you.

“Not too hard right? It's actually something really important, so make sure you don't lose it or anything,” she says. You nod in response and step outside.

“If this is all then, I shouldn't have a problem,” you say, grinning. Suwako gives you a thumbs up.

“Good to hear!” she says. “See you later!” With that, she closes the door, and you set off. This doesn't seem any less strange a request, but it's not like it's difficult. If only everyone's problems were a simple delivery. Being familiar with the area as you are, you decide to circumvent the somewhat lengthly descent down the front of the mountain to the cave entrance and simply head to the cave roof opening and enter there, that should save you some time.

In practice, it does. You find the chasm entrance with little effort despite the rain that had begun to fall outside and fly in, you make your way down, drawn towards Nitori's house due to the familiarity of it. The door is open, and you can hear someone humming. Might as well head on in then.

“Hello?” you call out into the house, hoping to draw someone's attention. Draw attention it does as well, since a blue haired head pokes itself out of the kitchen door.

“Ah! Hello!” Nitori says, stepping around the doorframe. “What brings you here?” You wave the package you'd been handed.

“I've been sent to give you this,” you say. “It's for the kappa.” Nitori eyes the package curiously as you hand it to her. She looks it over and tears at one of the folds, opening the top. She reaches in and carefully pulls out a few sheets of paper and looks them over. Within seconds her eyes snap open and she tears open more of the package, leafing through the papers within.

“Wow! Wow wow wow!” she exclaims excitedly, looking up at you with astonishment, then turning and making a dead run for the stairs. “Rikako! Rikako look at these!” she shouts, storming up the stairs. A few seconds later and you head a flurry of footsteps coming back down the stairs as Nitori and Rikako come down in a hurry. Rikako is holding several of the pages and Nitori runs past you, shouting out to more people as she takes the rest of the papers.

“Where'd you get these!?” Rikako asks, sounding incredibly surprised.

“Ah, well, Kanako said-” you start, when you're cut off by a knowing hum and Rikako nodding her head.

“Kanako, eh? Makes sense. It's about time she came through,” Rikako says. Looking up at you with a smile. “You're lucky to be a part of this then!” Really? Suwako said it was important, but is it really that important?

“How so?” you ask. Rikako blinks, looking confused.

“Don't you know what these are?” she asks. You shrug and shake your head. She looks even more astonished. “You mean you have no idea what you just gave us?”

“Uh, something good?” you say, getting a smile from Rikako. She shows you the papers she's holding. All you can make out are a series of complicated looking diagrams and things you don't understand.

“They're instructions, blueprints, diagrams, all for building and maintaining a nuclear fusion reactor,” Rikako says. “Nuclear energy!”

… Wait.

“What, seriously?” you ask, looking back at the papers. Not that you understand them any better, but now with that perspective you do have a better idea what you're looking at.

“This could entirely revolutionize Gensokyo! With this, we can even surpass technology in the outside world!” Rikako exclaims. You had no idea, but it seems you've done something fairly amazing, and now you understand what Suwako had said. Giving credit to Kanako gets her the support and faith of the kappa, as the face of the shrine. “Oh, I can't just be standing around! I need to get to work!” Rikako says, starting to talk to herself mostly. She rushes off after Nitori, leaving you alone in the house. Well, no use hanging around. You head outside, and already the entire area is starting to get noisy as the kappa gather and get worked up over the plans that have been given to them. Nitori points you out as you exit her house, and the entire gathering crowd cheers for you. It's an awesome feeling, though you have a lingering sense of dread as you recall what Reimu had said about Yukari, how she would likely look to exploit your popularity. You hope that this doesn't somehow turn around to bite you on the ass. You leave while everyone is gathered, and head off. It's still raining outside the cave, even though it clears up after a few minutes flight. You have less than half an hour now, going by the suns position, more than enough time to get back to Hakugyokuro. Though, you could save yourself an extra trip out here later if you swung by Aya's office right now. Come to think of it, you could probably use the recent technological discovery of the kappa to throw her off you for today. Should you make a quick stop off or not?

---
>> No. 83405
>>83386

[x] Stop by Aya's place.
>> No. 83407
>Nitori points you out as you exit her house, and the entire gathering crowd cheers for you. It's an awesome feeling, though you have a lingering sense of dread as you recall what Reimu had said about Yukari, how she would likely look to exploit your popularity. You hope that this doesn't somehow turn around to bite you on the ass.

It will and it will be awesome.

[x] Stop by Aya's place.
>> No. 83420
[x] Stop by Aya's place.
>> No. 83456
[x] Stop by Aya's place.

Might as well make a stop. You're already here as it is, and it's not too far away. You change direction and head down the mountain. It doesn't take any more than a few minutes for you to reach the building tucked into the mountainside. You float around to the front door, just in time to catch Momizi exiting, carrying a bucket. She spots you, and gives you a wave as you draw near.

“Hey Momizi,” you say, flying in. “Is Aya in?”

“No, she took off a few minutes ago,” Momizi says, looking out over the horizon. “Took off out that way,” she continues, pointing towards the eastern mountain ridge. “Said something about huge news story going on and she was going to go check it out.”

“Oh, really?” you ask, looking back out at the mountains. Isn't that where Reimu's shrine is?

“I don't know when she'll be back, but I could tell her you stopped by if you want,” Momizi says, adjusting her grip on the bucket slightly.

“That's okay,” you say, floating away. “I'll be by again later.” Momizi nods as you turn away and fly off. Well, that was a brief stop after all, but it looks like you'll have to make a stop back there later anyway. Oh well. As it is right now, you have enough time to get back to Hakugyokuro though, so it's not all bad. You do make sure to move rather quickly though, you'd rather have time to spare.

“Hey!” you hear a voice shout from below, and you look down to see the red-winged girl from earlier, carrying a book under one arm. Ah, right.

“Found your book?” you ask down to her. She gives you a sour look.

“No thanks to you,” she says, coming closer and eventually rising up to your side. “It ended up in a tree. You're lucky it wasn't ripped.”

“At least you found it though,” you say. She doesn't seem to have a response to that, but she keeps pace alongside you. “So, I took off in a bit of a hurry last time so I didn't get to ask your name.”

“As if you need to know something like that!” she says with a huff. “You're just doing me a favour, no need to get familiar.”

“Ah, I see then,” you say with a smirk. “You don't have a name.” You catch a bit of the glare she shoots your way.

“I have a name, I just don't think you need to know it,” she says, sounding more irritated.

“Poor nameless youkai bird, upset that she doesn't have a name like everyone else,” you say, taking an almost sing-song tune. She seems more annoyed by that.

“Will you shut up!” she shouts, swatting at your shoulder. You can't tell if she's not putting any effort into it, or if you just can't feel whatever she might be putting into it, but she does little more than buffet your sleeve a little.

“Then just tell me,” you say. Another glare, and finally a sigh.

“Tokiko,” she says, looking ahead. “Now stop being a pest.”

“Well, now I can't pester you about your name, so I'll have to find something else,” you say. She looks at you, expressing her annoyance clearly on her face, then jolts her head around the other way to look behind her. She looks back at you with an even more annoyed expression.

“Stop that!” she says. You quirk a brow. Stop what? She squirms a bit in midflight, then stops, and you coast to a stop a few feet away. “What are you doing?”

“What? I didn't do anything,” you say, starting to get confused. She cranes her head back to try to look at something on her back but gives up.

“You were pulling at my wings,” she says. You're about to slip farther into confusion when you notice something, and it all starts to make sense. Instead, you smile at her.

“It wasn't me,” you say, raising your hands. “Though, I think I see a little something weird over your shoulder.” Tokiko narrows he eyes at you, then slowly turns her head to come face to face with the disembodied head floating behind her. With another shriek and panicked flailing, she flies backwards away form the face and crashes into you, but you manage to catch her this time and not fall out of the sky. She wrests from your grip and flies aside just as Yuyuko fades in where the head was, laughing as she does.

“You call in some of your ghost friends to mess with me?” Tokiko fumes, her face turning red either from embarrassment or anger. Maybe both.

“I'm acting alone!” Yuyuko cries, defending herself. “It was entirely my idea to taunt you myself! Besides, how could I pass up a chance to play with such a delicious looking bird.” Tokiko doesn't look too pleased with that comment, and looks at you.

“So what, is she your wife or something?” Tokiko asks, that question again, huh. You look over at Yuyuko, and she's looking at you with a smile. She floats over and latches onto your arm.

“Why do so many people misunderstand us?” she asks with her usual exaggerated flair, leaning into you. “Is it because we're two of a kind?” You turn to Yuyuko and pull your arm from her, taking her hands in yours.

“It must be, Yuyuko,” you say, matching her melodrama. “Two spirits from different sides of the world, together in death. If it's a mistaken fact that we're together, then we must make it be right!”

“Oh Kenshiro!” Yuyuko exclaims, collapsing into you. All the while, Tokiko looks on with an expression hung between annoyance and disbelief.

“You two are terrible actors,” Tokiko says, shaking her head.

“Aw, that's not nice,” Yuyuko says, turning her head towards the bird. “I put a lot of effort into it!”

“Are we going to get going or are you two going to continue this little play of yours,” Tokiko continues.

“Actually, Yuyuko's going the same way, so you get to continue to enjoy our performance,” you say, and Tokiko's expression sinks.

“I don't think she can take much more of our award winning performances,” Yuyuko says, tugging on your sleeve.

“Hmm, you're right. She might faint from excitement,” you say, nodding sagely. Tokiko flies past, trying he best to simply ignore the two of you. As she does, you notice her mumbling to herself, something about 'for the books'. You and Yuyuko join up, flying alongside her.
>> No. 83457
The rest of the flight is fairly uneventful, though you do have to explain Tokiko's presence to Yuyuko, and Tokiko has to endure at least one more comment on poultry eating. Before too long, the three of you arrive at the gate and cross through. Up the steps, and you find Youmu waiting at the top.

“Just on time,” Youmu says, spotting you. “And you even found Yuyuko as well.”

“She found me, rather,” you say, looking at Yuyuko. She seems to be looking off somewhere else, though it more or less seems she's trying to avoid eye contact. “I didn't even know she had went outside.”

“Well, in any case, you're due for training, so come along,” Youmu says, walking off. You give Tokiko directions to the library here while she waits, hoping that Alice and Patchouli are back in there. Yuyuko agrees to guide her there, and you leave after Youmu.

**

Training was rather routine. Went through the same practice you did before, with much of the same results. You've made a little progress, but you can't quite say you've become a master swordsman, not in the short times you've been doing drills under Youmu's supervision. Once that's done for the day, Youmu sets off to do her rounds of the garden, and you're left with some free time for now to do whatever you wanted. Going back to check in with Aya is still an option, and there are still a few stragglers from last nights party hanging around. Come to think of it, you wonder how Flandre is doing now, you should probably check in on her sometime soon.

---
>> No. 83458
>>83457

[x] Go see how Flandre and Meiling are doing.
>> No. 83482
[X] Go see how Flandre and China are doing
>> No. 83483
[x] Go see how Flandre and Meiling are doing.
>> No. 83486
[x] Go see how Flandre and Meiling are doing.
>> No. 83494
[x] Go see how Flandre and Meiling are doing.
>> No. 83495
[ze] Go see how Flandre and Kurenai Misuzu are doing.

>>83386
>Seems like Hina knowledge.
>Hina knowledge
>Hina Knowledge
...Now this just brings all sorts of rather pleasant imagery to mind. Can you just imagine elegant-Hina and Patchy? It's a strange pairing, to be sure, but... I don't know.
It's got potential.
>> No. 83496
>“Well, in any case, you're due for training, so come along,” Youmu says, walking off. You give Tokiko directions to the library here while she waits, hoping that Alice and Patchouli are back in there. Yuyuko agrees to guide her there, and you leave after Youmu.

That's right, I had forgotten Hakugyokurou has it's own library. That's where we saw Yuyuko with the cute glasses.


>“She found me, rather,” you say, looking at Yuyuko. She seems to be looking off somewhere else, though it more or less seems she's trying to avoid eye contact. “I didn't even know she had went outside.”

She was totally spying on you the whole time.

[x] Go see how Flandre and Meiling are doing.
>> No. 83498
>“No, she took off a few minutes ago,” Momizi says, looking out over the horizon. “Took off out that way,” she continues, pointing towards the eastern mountain ridge. “Said something about huge news story going on and she was going to go check it out.”
>“Oh, really?” you ask, looking back out at the mountains. Isn't that where Reimu's shrine is?

We are very close, now. Very close.

Come Tenshi, with all your malevolence and vainglory. We shall make a proper celestial out of you yet.
>> No. 83509
Say, none of you fine Anons would happen to know the location of a translated version of the SWR timeline, would you? It would help so I don't have to completely pull everything out of my ass in deciding how things happen.
>> No. 83511
>>83496
>That's where we saw Yuyuko with the cute glasses.
Wait, hold on. What?
Remind me again when this was.
>> No. 83514
>>83511

Thread 16

>Before too long, you're a the door into the library, and you slide it open, finding Yuyuko fiddling with something on a table. You take a step in, and Yuyuko straightens up, turning around to fac- Glasses? You blink in surprise as Yuyuko adjusts the thin frames on her face.

>"Hm?" Yuyuko hums, looking a little confused by your expression. "Do I have something on my face?" she asks, dabbing at the corners of her mouth.
>> No. 83519
how quickly the nightbug is forgotten

[x] Go find Wriggle, we've got some shopping to do
>> No. 83520
>>83519

We never set a specific time with her.
>> No. 83526
>>83509

I'll see what I can find, but from what I remember it goes :

Sometime in summer, red mist appears, weather goes crazy, etc.
This goes on for a few days, Reimu can't water her plants, Marisa can't dry her clothes, etc.
Hakurei shrine collapses
Main Scenario occurs, happens for most people.
Tenshi defeated, must rebuild Hakurei shrine.
Yukari's scenario, Reisen's, Komachi's. Beats up Tenshi and re-collapses shrine. (Not nessarially in that order)
Tenshi rebuilds shrine again.
Tenshi's scenario.

Would help if I could read the endings as well.
>> No. 83530
>>83509

There's an untranslated chart here

http://thwiki.info/?%B8%B8%C1%DB%B6%BF%C7%AF%C9%BD%2F%C8%EC%C1%DB%C5%B7%BB%FE%B7%CF%CE%F3
>> No. 83538
>>83530
Someone actually wasted their time determining if there was a way all the story-mode duels could have happened?
Wow. I thought I was the only person who had wasted time doing that ...

Does that also work for IaMP?
>> No. 83542
>>83530

I went looking for it earlier and Jerl found that. He ran it through a translator and, well, the results were interesting. You see a lot of 'vs clothing' matches, and some of the names are translated completely literally. Flowering Night, for example, or Purple. Yeah. Komachi translates perfectly though. Marisa became Risa Magic. It was chaos.

I saw one like that in english before though, like comprehensible english. If I can't find anything, then hell, I'll just make shit up.
>> No. 83544
>>83542

I translated the linked chart above.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=395DVNJQ

HTML file.

Excuse the crappy formatting, it was exported from Excel.
>> No. 83546
>>83542
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?x1ywmwziymg

I edited the wiki page into English, at least the table part and the ED characters. Can anyone translate the supplement below the table? It seems to explain a few things, like why Suika is shown rebuilding the shrine in Alice's ending, but they put it before the reconstruction started. The three early Reimu fights are from the demo.
>> No. 83565
>>83544
>>83546

Oh, wow. That's pretty awesome, thanks for that.
>> No. 83584
File 123938191773.jpg - (343.25KB , 900x1203 , sakuya smug.jpg ) [iqdb]
83584
The Sakuya kidnapping part ought to be a fun way to resolve the Remilia issue.

Sakuya: "♪You always say that, you want to be free, but you'll come running back...♪"
Remi: "Sakuya, where is the next one?"
Sakuya: "♪You'll come running back...♪"
Remi: "Stop that incessant singing!"
Sakuya: "♪You'll come running back... to me~♪"
Remi: "Sakuya?"
Sakuya: "♪Time is on my side, yes it is~♪"

As I see it, her problem is that she is so spoiled, so we can keep taking things from her until she learns to appreciate how much they mean to her: Patchouli (indirectly), Flandre, and now Sakuya. Ham up our role as her enemy, only allowing ourselves to lose when she shows a change, at which point Remilia will stop stalking us, according to Reimu's advice.
>> No. 83603
[x] Go see how Flandre and Meiling are doing.

Actually no time like the present. You make a turn off into the halls and head towards the room Flandre and Meiling were staying in. You reach the door, and you can already hear a voices inside, at least that's a good sign. Of course, what you see when you open the door is a slightly different story. Flandre is sitting up in her bed, and there's a fairly large red stain spread over her mouth, chest, the edge of the bed, and pooled on the ground below. Meiling is still sitting nearby, her arm bandaged up to her elbow, stained red and occasionally dripping.

“What,” you say, all you can manage, stepping into the room. The two girls turn their heads to you, but Meiling is the first to move.

“Ah, hello,” she says, looking back at Flandre and the mess. “Sorry, it's... oh, how do I even explain,” Meiling says, sounding a little worried.

“I'm still hungry,” Flandre whines, and you look at her. You notice how just how red her eyes are. Have they always been like that? Meiling scoots out of her chair and takes a few steps, though she seems a little unsure on her feet.

“I need to talk to you,” she says, and you step back out of the door. Meiling comes out as well, and the two of you step out of sight. “I know what it looks like in there, I'm sorry,” she says, bowing her head. “I couldn't think of anything else, Sakuya and Remilia left this morning. I thought it would be enough, but...” Meiling staggers a bit, you reach out a hand to stabilize her. “Flandre... she's not like Remilia. She doesn't know how to feed,” she says, shaking her head a little. “She's never had to, not for years, Sakuya's always treated her with prepared food mixed with blood. What's worse, youkai blood isn't good,” she says with a slight smile.

“So all that blood in there?” you ask, and Meiling nods.

“Flan's a good girl, but she can't go without food. I'm worried, she might start to lose her temper, she might get desperate, but I know if she does feed on someone they'll die. Remi can't drink much, but...” Meiling wavers again, but you hold her steady.

“This definitely isn't good,” you say.

“We need to go back,” Meiling says, wiping her eyes. “Flan, I don't think she can stay out here. Last night she come to, and once she realized what happened, she wouldn't stop crying. Then when she started getting hungry... it took a lot of energy for her to regenerate, and... we have to go back. Flandre's never had to be a vampire, she's...” Meiling trails off, biting her lip. “She's going to be dangerous if she goes berserk, but anyone she feeds from at this point will die.”

Shit, this is very bad. You hadn't even thought of something like this happening, and now you've ended up knee deep in trouble. What can you do about this? You can't ask someone to sacrifice themselves for this, who would do something like that? If you were to help catch someone... that's just out of the question, but what else can you do? You find yourself realizing for the first time that people must have needed to die to feed Remilia and Flandre, and that realization chills you. You look at Meiling, it seems her eyes are watering up a little. She turns to the door and walks back in, and you follow along. Flandre's still sitting on the bed, watching you.

“Kenshiro,” Flandre calls out. “Do you have anything delicious for me to drink?” That chill again, her eyes now are definitely the eyes of a predator. You can only barely manage to smile.

“I don't, sorry,” you say, sqeezing an apologetic tone for all it's worth. Flandre pouts a little.

“I'm hungry,” she whines again, her wings flitting a little. “I want something to eat,” she says. “Can you bring me something?”

“I can try,” you say. Perhaps it was a bit of a slip to say try, because when you do, Flandre's expression flickers a bit. Meiling takes her seat by Flandre's bed. Meiling leans over to Flandre and rubs her head. Flandre's expression goes back to a pout and she leans into Meiling, turning her face towards her neck. A quick pained expression crosses Meiling's face, and she rests her hand on top of Flandre's head. A few seconds later, you notice a thin red stream flowing down into Meiling's dress. Flandre's drinking more, and Meiling doesn't fight it. You leave the room with a new determination. You have to do something about this, but who to go to first?

---
>> No. 83605
Does Flandre have to feed from one person to the point where they die? Can't she like, feed on multiple people?

Also I've got nothing. A plausible idea would be to go to the SDM and ask Sakuya. Or maybe Mokou or Kaguya since they're immortal? The Hourai probably doens't transfer through blood.
>> No. 83606
>>Or maybe Mokou or Kaguya since they're immortal? The Hourai probably doens't transfer through blood.

I wondered that, too, but if youkai blood is no good for her, I'm wondering if Hourai blood would really be any better for her.
>> No. 83609
[X]Go see Patchouli about this, she must have some experience with Flandre's eating habits. Youmu should know of this too and be present.
[X]Maybe Youmu could prepare something to fool Flandre's hunger until something can be done about the problem?
[X]If worse comes to worse, you will have to seek Sakuya's help. Surely she can understand that a berserk Flandre is bad for anyone and everyone.

Yeah, we really didn't thing of the food problem...
>> No. 83611
>>83606

IIRC, it's not the body that's under the effect of the elixir, but the soul that's frozen on time. And since the soul was frozen inside a body, the body regenerates to satisfy the soul's condition.

Of course, I don't really remember well, maybe I've just said bullshit.
>> No. 83612
>>83606
Well I still think they're completely human. Do we know that Mokou/Kaguya are immortal and can't die and are still human and thus are prime candidates for Flandre Feeding Time? We as in Kenshiro.
>> No. 83618
[X]Go see Patchouli about this, she must have some experience with Flandre's eating habits. Youmu should know of this too and be present.
[X]Maybe Youmu could prepare something to fool Flandre's hunger until something can be done about the problem?
[X]If worse comes to worse, you will have to seek Sakuya's help. Surely she can understand that a berserk Flandre is bad for anyone and everyone.

I wonder if blood from a blood bank can be a good fix. Or from animals. Then again, I'm not sure if Kenshiro even knows about blood banks, otherwise we might be able to ask Yukari nicely to bring us some from outside. Then again, that would probably be far too easy.
>> No. 83619
>>83618

>Then again, I'm not sure if Kenshiro even knows about blood banks,

I don't see why he wouldn't. He knew about relatively hightech things so I would think he would know about the existance of bloodbanks.
>> No. 83620
>>83618
Oh, how these CYOAs would be unimaginably easy if we could just snap our fingers and announce, in a singsong, come hither, voice, "Oh, ~Yukarin ..."
>> No. 83626
File 123940309135.jpg - (287.80KB , 487x648 , yukari227.jpg ) [iqdb]
83626
>>83620
>"Oh, ~Yukarin ..."

Yes~?
>> No. 83627
>>83626

Her dress gets more and more ridiculous every time I see her.
>> No. 83628
File 123940374816.jpg - (646.99KB , 748x748 , yukari231.jpg ) [iqdb]
83628
>>83627

;_;
>> No. 83631
>[X]Maybe Youmu could prepare something to fool Flandre's hunger until something can be done about the problem?

That shit won't work. Meiling just showed you that youkai blood doesn't do anything to satiate her. If she's going to gnaw on something, it'd be best to leave it to Meiling than to bring someone else around.

>[X]If worse comes to worse, you will have to seek Sakuya's help. Surely she can understand that a berserk Flandre is bad for anyone and everyone.

Charge into a place where we're persona non grata during a time where Remilia is telling Sakuya to go out and kidnap people for her to fight with? We do not have time for that shit. Once you enter SDM, the home of someone who according to Reimu has a stalker-like fixation on you, it's going to be a while before you see the outside.

[x] Go see Patchouli about this, she must have some experience with Flandre's eating habits. Youmu should know of this too and be present.
[x] Ask her if animal blood or Hourai blood would work.
[x] Ask Alice and Patchouli if they could retrieve blood from the mansion's stores, or at least ask Sakuya. Also ask them if they would take Tokiko along with them, to visit the library.

>>83606
>I wondered that, too, but if youkai blood is no good for her, I'm wondering if Hourai blood would really be any better for her.

The elixir is not stored in the body's blood. Only in the liver. Mokou is physiologically a normal human with a normal capacity to bleed and feel pain.

>>83612

Alice went up against them in Imperishable Night, so it's certainly plausible.
>> No. 83638
[x] Go see Patchouli about this, she must have some experience with Flandre's eating habits. Youmu should know of this too and be present.
[x] Ask her if animal blood or Hourai blood would work.
[x] Ask Alice and Patchouli if they could retrieve blood from the mansion's stores, or at least ask Sakuya. Also ask them if they would take Tokiko along with them, to visit the library.

Rather importantly, we might need Patchouli in a rather different manner - if Flandre goes berzerk, she can make try to make it rain. (That's what she was doing in EoSD anyway.)

Should work even through the Scarlet Weather effect, although if Flandre really gets into it, I'm not too sure what weather effect she'll make.
>> No. 83641
>>The elixir is not stored in the body's blood. Only in the liver. Mokou is physiologically a normal human with a normal capacity to bleed and feel pain.

At the risk of letting myself be held back by common sense, but doesn't the liver sort of act as a filter for blood? Even if the elixir itself is stored in the liver, I can't believe it wouldn't have at least some effect on the body's blood, even if the effect is only something as minor as a change in taste.

Besides, Meiling is also clearly able to bleed and feel pain, but that doesn't change the fact that whatever there is about her blood just isn't doing the trick for the poor girl.

I wouldn't dismiss one of the immortals as an option, but I also wouldn't be surprised if little Flan refuses it on account of it tasting funny or something.
>> No. 83663
>>83638
>Should work even through the Scarlet Weather effect, although if Flandre really gets into it, I'm not too sure what weather effect she'll make.

Epileptic Tree Time:

What kind of weather will Kenshiro experience?

He is a composite being, so we might expect Alice's Hail, but what about Hina? Tornado would extreme, but Dust Devils could work (spin~ spin~). And what about No Body himself? Clear Weather could work, since No Body was a mundane person in life (or conversely, because he arrived in Gensokyo a "blank slate"), and it isn't one that is associated with any other Touhou.

Of course this is all dependent on the ability of Tenshi's sword to manifest our inner weather affinity. We know the Kusanagi gives us direct control over wind, but we don't know if it has a latent effect that might render us invulnerable to Tenshi's sword, by controlling local winds. According to the description, the Sword of Hisou takes on an affinity that is superior to the enemy's affinity, manifest as weather. Meaning, if Kenshiro doesn't have a weather effect (say, by blowing it away with the Kusanagi, or simply not having one at all), her sword would be rendered impotent. Moreover, in the Kusanagi's name and history, it turned an enemy's element (fire) back against them.

This is all speculation, but Kenshiro, especially with the Kusanagi, may be uniquely suited to bringing down Tenshi.

Oh, and what fun weather could there be for others? It's raining frogs around Suwako, I bet.

>>83641

Because magic. The only way to become an immortal yourself without the elixir is to eat an immortal's liver, because that's the only part of their body where it's stored. Why would you think it has an effect on their blood? Mokou is "human" according to the amassed faith of Gensokyo. Vampires need human blood. Ergo Mokou's blood will do the trick.

And who gives a fuck what it tastes like? She's ravenously hungry, and has even resorted to drinking Meiling's blood when she normally is fed it in the form of cakes and pastries: I don't think she's that picky right now.
>> No. 83669
>>83663

Weren't ghosts being killed/absorbed by Tenshi's sword? I do remember something was happening to them and that caused Youmu to leave Hakugyokuro.

>>83631
>[X]Maybe Youmu could prepare something to fool Flandre's hunger until something can be done about the problem?
>That shit won't work. Meiling just showed you that youkai blood doesn't do anything to satiate her. If she's going to gnaw on something, it'd be best to leave it to Meiling than to bring someone else around.
>youkai blood

Youmu is human. Well, half-human and half-ghost, but since her ghost-half doesn't even have a body, all of Youmu's blood is human blood.
>> No. 83670
I don't think they were talking about feeding directly off of Youmu. At least, I hope not. Youmu isn't all that big.

And for some reason, I suddenly have an image in my head of Eirin culturing bone marrow to build a blood-generating fountain.
>> No. 83677
>>83670
>I don't think they were talking about feeding directly off of Youmu. At least, I hope not. Youmu isn't all that big.

Half right, half wrong. What I meant to say with my write-in was to have Youmu prepare something with her blood to soften Flandre's hunger until a better, bigger source of blood was found, but it seems I should have worded that a bit better.
>> No. 83681
>And for some reason, I suddenly have an image in my head of Eirin culturing bone marrow to build a blood-generating fountain.

Actually, this raises a good point. Eirin's clinic should have a goodly amount of blood in cold storage. We never got to square things with her after the match, and it'd be a shame to let any presumed bitterness get in the way of our future dealings.

Amending vote:
[x] While Patchouli and/or Alice try to get blood from SDM, you can head to Eientei to ask the Lunarian doctor if she can spare any.
[x] Bring Cirno with you, as she can help keep them cold; you can play danmaku with her when you both get back.
[x] Inventory.
[x] Route Completion (All)

Flandre is hungry now so I'd rather we try another method while Alice and Patchouli do theirs. It's also important for expedience that you fly in pairs, to minimize the risk of random encounters. If the clinic is a failure, then we can try finding Mokou on the way back. After we play danmaku with Cirno (which is something we promised her even before the snowball fight), we can check out Kourindou with Wriggle.

Do we still have the bottle of pep pills she gave us? We may need them before the day is out. We haven't check our completion since before the fight, so it may have changed dramatically.
>> No. 83690
File 123941999652.jpg - (228.19KB , 600x800 , 1189477366150.jpg ) [iqdb]
83690
>>83631
>>83641
>>83663
That's a bunch of speculation in the Touhou-verse. Even if the Hourai Elixir was absorbed by the digestive tract to circulatory system but is unable to undergo xenomorphic metabolism at the liver, there's no reason for a total body reincarnation to recreate the Elixir as well. If anything, it just reconstitutes the body as it was at the time of ingestion; if Mokou had just eaten a rice cake prior to drinking the Elixir, would that rice cake undergo recurring digestion whenever she reforms?

None of this has anything to do with our current problem - finding food for Flandre - but immortality was never meant to make sense anyway.
>> No. 83695
>Even if the Hourai Elixir was absorbed by the digestive tract to circulatory system but is unable to undergo xenomorphic metabolism at the liver, there's no reason for a total body reincarnation to recreate the Elixir as well.

Unless of course the elixir becomes part of the body.

>If anything, it just reconstitutes the body as it was at the time of ingestion; if Mokou had just eaten a rice cake prior to drinking the Elixir, would that rice cake undergo recurring digestion whenever she reforms?

I'd say if it's still in the digestive tract, it's not part of your body. However, once it's absorbed through the intestinal lining, and enters the portal vein system leading to the liver, I would consider it a part of your body.

But yeah, yeah... Ship of Theseus and all that
>> No. 83708
FLANDRE IS HUNGRY
NEEDS BLOOD BADLY
>> No. 83709
[~] While Patchouli and/or Alice try to get blood from SDM, you can head to Eientei to ask the Lunarian doctor if she can spare any.
[z] Bring Cirno with you, as she can help keep them cold; you can play danmaku with her when you both get back.
[e] Inventory.

I'm not sure this is entirely a good idea.

>[x] Route Completion (All)
what?
>> No. 83710
>[x] Route Completion (All)

Were it so easy...
>> No. 83715
>>83710
>>83709

At the last time we checked:

Completion scores:"Possesion""Romance"
Alice 90%88%
Chen 5%--
Cirno: 9%11%
Daiyousei: 1%3%
Hina 100%79%
Komachi --5%
Merlin: --2%
Nitori 35%--
Ran 1%--
Reimu --3%
Sanae 10%--
Suwako 4%--
Patchouli 15%--
Yuyuko 19%19%
Youmu7%9%
>> No. 83720
[x] While Patchouli and/or Alice try to get blood from SDM, you can head to Eientei to ask the Lunarian doctor if she can spare any.
[x] Bring Cirno with you, as she can help keep them cold; you can play danmaku with her when you both get back.
[x] Inventory.
>> No. 83722
>Suwako 4% --
>--

;_;

[X]Go see Patchouli about this, she must have some experience with Flandre's eating habits. Youmu should know of this too and be present.
[X]Maybe Youmu could prepare something with her blood mixed in to fool Flandre's hunger until something can be done about the problem?
[X]Go talk to Eirin, if she really is a doctor she should have something of help.
>> No. 83724
>[x] Route Completion (all)

Alice 93% 95%
Chen 5% 15%
Cirno: 13% 26%
Daiyousei: 5% 18%
Hina 100% 88%
Komachi -- 23%
Merlin: 6% 17%
Lunasa -- 15%
Lyrica -- 15%
Nitori 75% 15%
Ran 1% 10%
Reimu 5% 28%
Sanae 10% 17%
Suwako 4% 12%
Kanako -- 10%
Yuyuko 29% 38%
Youmu 10% 24%
Patchouli 15% 15%
Flandre 20% 25%
Remilia 15% 35%
Sakuya -- 5%
Meiling 35% 30%
Tokiko -- 14%
Wriggle 28% 25%
Rikako 40% 36%

It grew! Namek gave a 15% boost to most Touhous that weren't already high in the numbers. Final/Extra bosses only get 10%, and there's been growth from interactions of course. Yuuka remains at 0 all across, though, and I'm thinking I'm going to lock out access to her route until a second playthrough, or maybe open it as an extra.

For those of you paying attention to the numbers progression, you should be able to note some agreeable likenesses to Hina's new affection score and Alice's old affection score.

>[x] Inventory

Objects:
Your very own body!
Yuyuko's Form-Granting Hair clip
Old Kusanagi
Eirin's Shady Drug of Vitality [50pc]
Alice's Magic Ring (1)

Memories:
Alice Set (90%)
Hina Set Complete

Abilities:
Pitiful Cold Manipulation
Perfect Doll Manipulation
Perfect Curse Nullification
Weak Swordsmanship
*Strong Wind Control

Extra:
Boon of Good Fortune [Lessens the damage of bad events and improves rewards of good events]
Clue Tokens: 6 (I think.)
>> No. 83725
>Pitiful Cold Manipulation
>Weak Swordsmanship

Now, this is a surprise. "Pitiful cold manipulation" is from cirno, even though we stayed so little as her? And the weak swordmanship is due the even smaller time as Youmu and the trainning?
>> No. 83726
>Suwako 4% 12%
>12%

Hooray!
>you should be able to note some agreeable likenesses to Hina's new affection score and Alice's old affection score

Hina H-scene? DO WANT
>> No. 83727
>>83726

Guess what I wimped out on and instead gave you the Yuyuko blueballs? I hate myself too.

>>83725

You gain a small amount of ability with a particular Touhous ability when you possess them. You did actively practice Cirno's ability as well, if I'm remembering correctly, so it settled in with you better. Granted, you can't do more than lower the temperature by a few degrees, but still.

The weak swordsmanship is from a combination of possessing Youmu and training, yes. It's still weak though, so you won't be winning any awards for swordplay. The best you could do with weak is fight Patrick from my Border Crosser fic to a standstill. I wouldn't count on it to save your ass though, not yet at least.

Anyway, I need to go over the votes to see what's won and see if the deadlock that was up earlier has been resolved.
>> No. 83743
>>83724

Isn't it sad Koakuma? ;_;

>Yuuka remains at 0 all across, though, and I'm thinking I'm going to lock out access to her route until a second playthrough, or maybe open it as an extra.

SOUNDS LIKE 100% TO ME

Actually, I'm surprised there was ever the possibility in the first place.

Since I'm reasonably certain I'll forget their existence entirely by the next update:
[x] Clue token for the 411 on the Yukarin route.
>> No. 83760
[x]Go see Patchouli about this, she must have some experience with Flandre's eating habits. Youmu should know of this too and be present.
[x] While Patchouli and/or Alice try to get blood from SDM, you can head to Eientei to ask the Lunarian doctor if she can spare any.
[x] Bring Cirno with you, as she can help keep them cold; you can play danmaku with her when you both get back.

Patchouli is your best bet right now. You should have asked Meiling, but you were just so overwhelmed at the time that you hadn't thought of it. You can only hope that Patchouli is still here. You make a beeline for the library. Thankfully, you find Alice, Patchouli and Tokiko there, and they all seem to be having a conversation about something. Good, that's good. Now- Wait, you should get Youmu. She's half human, and if Flandre and Meiling are going to be staying here for a while, it's probably for the best that someone else that will be on hand to help the two of them. You head off to find her. Another easy target, easily spotted in the gardens outside. She hadn't gotten too far at least.

“Youmu,” you call to her, catching her attention as you jog up to her. She looks back at you, then returns to trimming the bushes that line the wall near the front porch. “Youmu, I need you to come with me.”

“Why? Some thing break? Cleaning the interior is your duty, isn't it?” Youmu replies, seeming to want to skirt whatever issue she thinks you're coming to her with.

“This is something else, something serious,” you say. Youmu looks back at you, a little unimpressed.

“How serious?” she asks.

“Flandre, she's recovered, but she's hungry,” you say. Youmu quirks a brow.

“Well, can't you bring her some breakfast?” Youmu asks, turning back to the bush. Was Youmu always this... clueless?

“She's a vampire, Youmu. She drinks human blood,” you say. Youmu turns back to you, but this time she looks genuinely bothered.

“What are you saying?” she says, resting a hand on the hilt of Roukanken. You're wondering what she thinks you're going to be getting at.

“I'm going to get her help, but I'm going to ask Patchouli for advice first. I want you to be there, so that you can help me later and you'll also know what to do,” you explain. Youmu removes her hand and nods.

“Alright then,” she says. “Let's go.” You turn and jog back to the house, Youmu in tow. The two of you reach the library and enter, drawing the attention of it's occupants with your rushed appearance.

“Something wrong?” Alice asks first, but your eyes settle on Patchouli.

“Patchouli, there's a problem,” you say. The girl looks up from her book, blinking and squinting slightly.

“Ah, yeah?” she asks.

“Flandre, she's starving,” you say. Immediately, Patchouli's eyes widen and she stiffens up. “She's actually started trying to feed off Meiling, but it's not working.”

“What!?” Youmu shouts, and turns back towards the door to run. You manage to catch her by the arm and hold he back.

“Wait! No,” you say, pulling Youmu off balance. “It would only make things worse.”

“That's true,” Patchouli says. “Meiling won't die from blood loss, but youkai blood won't satisfy a vampire for long. If you ran in there, Youmu, you would be bled dry.” Youmu loosens up immediately, and she steps back into the room, looking quite worried now.

“Really? That's not good,” Youmu says, sounding slightly frightened. You can't blame her, really. She's the only living human-ish person in all of Hakugyokuro at the moment.

“What can we do? Do you know anything that might help us or at least calm her down?” you ask. Patchouli starts to think, taking a few steps away from the couch.

“There are plenty of stores at the mansion, but Remilia and Sakuya wouldn't likely just hand them over,” Patchouli says. “I could probably get in and get some, but it would take me some time to get there and back. So...” Patchouli pauses, looking at Youmu. “Can you please make a little sacrifice?” Youmu starts a bit, taking a step back.

“Sacrifice?” she repeats, not liking the sound of this. You're not sure you like the sound of it either, but Patchouli nods.

“You're not fully human, but there's enough that some of your blood might sate her for a short while, long enough for me to return,” Patchouli says. “You don't need to offer much, and there is magic that can be used to take all the pain out of collection.” Youmu takes another step back, looking at Patchouli. Patchouli in turn looks at Alice.

“I can handle the spells,” Alice says, nodding. Patchouli nods back, and raises a hand to Alice's head. A faint glow surrounds her hand, and she pulls it back.

“Flandre's favourite tea recipe,” Patchouli says. Alice nods, and the two of them look back at Youmu. You place a hand on her shoulder, and she jumps slightly, looking up at you.

“You're the only one that can do it,” you say. You can tell that Youmu's trying to be resolute, but she can't help but look frightened.

“Right,” Youmu says nervously as Alice walks up to her.

“We'll go to the kitchen,” Alice says, placing a hand on Youmu's other shoulder as you remove your hand. Youmu hesitates, but goes with Alice. You turn back to Patchouli.

“I'm going,” she says.

“Wait, I'm going to head out as well,” you say. “I'm going to see if I can get blood from Eirin. She's a doctor, so she might have something.” Patchouli blinks a bit, but nods.

“Here,” Patchouli says, raising her hands. A small magical symbol appears after a brief incantation, and passes into your body. “It's not much, but it'll help your speed.”

“Thanks,” you say, and the two of you leave the library, leaving one very confused, but ultimately unconcerned Tokiko behind, alone. Patchouli heads towards the stairs out, but you continue past, flying out and over the house to the interior courtyard, where Cirno, Daiyousei and Letty are currently enjoying their time.

“Ah! Ken! Come to play?” Cirno calls up to you as you float over.

“Not right now,” you say, which causes Cirno to look a little disappointed. “But I have a very important job for you,” you say, which causes Cirno to light right back up.

“Something big?” she asks. You nod.

“I need to go to see Eirin, and I need to bring back blood for Flandre,” you say, and Cirno recoils a bit, grimacing.

“Blood? Ew,” she whines, fluttering back. “No thanks.” You sigh in frustration.
>> No. 83761
“Please, I need someone to keep it cool,” you say, but Cirno seems entirely disinterested now. She flies off, and Daiyousei joins her, though she seems a little uncertain.

“I'll go,” Letty says, taking a step towards you. Her usual gentle smile is replaced by a serious look that seems slightly out of place on her. “Cirno is still a fairy, and easily put off by things like blood. If it's that important, I'll help.” Another sigh, this time of relief.

“Thank you, Letty,” you say. She smiles again, floating into the air.

“We shouldn't waste time,” she says, and you couldn't agree more. You take to the air after her, and the two of you head towards the stairs out.

“Thanks again for helping,” you say.

“It's the least I can do,” she says. “Flandre, she's the younger Scarlet, right?”

“Yeah, she was hurt by Remilia during the game and had been recovering,” you explain. “When she came to, she was bordering on ravenous.” You hear a faint chuckle from Letty. You weren't aware you said something funny.

“I understand that feeling,” she says as the two of you reach the bottom of the stairs and pass over the gate. “There are some similarities between the Scarlets and myself.”

“Similarities?” you ask, not sure what she's saying.

“We both feed on lives,” she says, looking towards you with her same gentle smile, which now seems slightly out of place itself. “We drain and take in the life of victims. I only need to feed once a year though, and I don't need to kill my meals. They do end up just as tired and weak, though,” she continues, ending with a slight giggle.

“How do you feed?” you ask. Letty simply grins at you.

“Maybe I'll show you sometime,” she says, her smile ever wider. You're not entirely sure you agree with that. You don't have anything left to say as you fly, so you and Letty descend towards the bamboo forest.

“Almost there,” you say as the two of you get closer.

“Do you know where you're going?” Letty asks, sounding a little concerned. It seems you do, you retain a memory of how to reach Eientei, thanks to Alice's return trips there for some kind of medication. You're thankful for that, as you know it's not called the Bamboo Forest of the Lost for no reason.

“It'll be fine,” you say, turning your head towards Letty and smiling. She smiles back, and she seems to be okay with that. The forest comes up around you, and you quite easily pick up Alice's familiar trail. It takes several minutes, but you see the ancient house loom into view through the fog before to long. Only now do you realize you hadn't thought of how you're going to pose your problem. No time to worry about that right now though, you land just outside a door, and Letty follows up behind you. You hesitate for a moment, wondering if you should knock or simply enter, as in your excited state you're having a bit of trouble recalling other memories. As you're delayed, though, the door slides open, and Reisen gives a little start at seeing two unannounced guests.

“Oh! What are you two doing here?” she asks, confused.

“We've a bit of a problem at Hakugyokuro,” you say. “Is Eirin around?” Reisen shakes her head.

“No, she went out out to the Youkai Mountain a while ago, apparently something big is happening and one of her associates out there called for her,” Reisen explains, adjusting the strap for a rather large case hanging from her shoulder. “I could probably help you though if you're just here to pick something up.”

“That's good then,” you say. “Do you have any human blood here?” Reisen blinks in surprise.

“What now?” she asks, apparently not sure if she heard you correctly.

“Human blood, it's...” you trail off. You know what this is going to sound like. “Vampire emergency. Does Eirin have anything like that? As a doctor? For transfusions or whatever?”

“Vampire emergency?” Reisen repeats, sounding skeptical. “Like, Remilia?”

“Flandre,” you say. “She needs blood or she's going to end up doing something dangerous.”

“I honestly have no idea,” Reisen says, sounding a little unsure. She looks behind her, stepping away from the door. “Eirin's lab is just down here though. I don't think she'd mind if I had a look.”

“Let's go then,” you say, stepping through the door. Reisen starts to look like she's going to protest, but you don't stop. She matches your stride and hurries ahead a little bit, pulling open a door several feet farther into the hallway. She stops in the door.

“Please don't touch anything in here. Eirin doesn't like anyone coming in here when she's not around, only I'm allowed to come and go,” she says, looking back into the room. There's a collection of medical equipment visible already just from outside the door. “So, just stand in the door and be patient.” With that, she backs into the room and sets the case she's carrying down on a table, then heads out of sight. You step into the doorframe and lean in. It's a fairly large area, looks like a couple smaller rooms that would be separated by screens converted into one large office/lab combination. You're immediately aware of the fact that there are very few technological looking devices, and that there doesn't seem to be anything that looks like it is powered. You wonder if there'd even be an icebox or something that she would keep things in.

“Hello,” a voice says from behind. You lean back and look over to see Kaguya floating a few feet away. “Does Eirin know you're coming?”

“Actually no, but we're waiting for Reisen,” you say, and Kaguya floats over and raises above you, peeking her head into the doorway as well.

“What would you even keep blood in?” you hear Reisen ask from somewhere out of sight behind a short wall. Kaguya looks down at you with an interested expression.

“Bags, like... plastic bags I guess. That's how it is in the outside I figure,” you say.

“Blood? What do you need that for? Aren't you a ghost?” Kaguya asks. “Or are you one of those hungry ghosts, or whatever?”

“It's not for me,” you say, looking up and promptly being blinded by a cascade of hair. You manage to get yourself out of the mess and step back. Kaguya turns on her side to float in midair and watch you. “There's a slight crisis and we need human blood.” A grin slowly creeps it's way across Kaguya's face, and a few seconds later Reisen comes back to the door empty handed.

“I don't think we have any. If we do, I have no idea where it would be,” she says, shrugging. “Sorry.” You sigh in defeat. This turned out to be a dead end it seems, and you have no idea if Patchouli was successful as well, or if she's even reached the mansion yet. You don't want to head back empty handed just in case she was out of luck, but you don't know if you have any option other than to go to the Scarlet Devil Mansion yourself.

“If you need blood, I know where you could get some,” Kaguya says. Reisen looks like she's about to say something, but Kaguya promptly lowers herself to the point of landing on Reisen's head, and wraps her arms over the rabbit-eared girls shoulders. “I could tell you where to go.” You're about to welcome the advice when you get a sense of deja vu. You've been in a situation like this before, or at least you remember it. You do already know what Kaguya's getting at though, and you already know where to go at that.

“Sorry, I've got to run,” you say, taking a few steps away. Kaguya looks a bit disappointed, but she waves you off as you turn. Letty sets off ahead of you and the two of you exit the open door and take to the air again. You've got to find a path you only barely remember.
>> No. 83762
***

The narrow strip of dirt eventually leads you to a small clearing, in which a small wooden house sits surrounded by dense fog. Mokou's house. There seems to be a light on. You land quickly and head up to the door and knock. You don't get a reply after a few seconds, so you knock again. You finally hear a muffled voice, and a few seconds later the door opens a crack.

“Ah, it's you,” Mokou says, peering through the crack. “How'd you even find this place.”

“Good luck,” you say, grinning a bit. Mokou huffs in response, but doesn't open the door any.

“What do you need?” she asks. Ah, this is going to be tricky to word, you're going to need to plan what you're going to say carefully.

---

"What's this? Hmm, pretty interesting mod, I think I'll give it a spin. Eh, kind of sucks, but... ...

... Holy fuck what happened to the day? Shit, I was going to update like 6 hours ago! Fuck this game."
>> No. 83768
[x] "Could you come with us to Hakugyokurou? We came here with the intent of raiding Eirin's clinic for some medical blood to feed Flandre, but found nada. Letty was to help carry it. Youmu's already helping, but she's very small and it may not be enough; we just need it to last long enough for Alice and Patchouli to get at the stores in the Mansion. You're really the only human I'm on anything near good terms with."
[x] If she tries to claim she isn't human, recount the words she gave Alice during the Imperishable Night: "I'm a human who's lived here for a long time... Free from the bounds of life and death... But I'm as human as they come."
[x] Make it clear that you've absolutely no interest in fighting if she starts to feel threatened.
[x] If necessary, tell her what Flandre is capable of: Complete and utter annihilation of anything, which is possibly the only way to permanently kill a Hourai immortal. Flandre is the kind of friend Mokou might like to have.
>> No. 83770
File 123948926718.png - (389.58KB , 736x526 , mokouflandre.png ) [iqdb]
83770
>Complete and utter annihilation of anything, which is possibly the only way to permanently kill a Hourai immortal. Flandre is the kind of friend Mokou might like to have.

This could end badly, and this could also end awesomely.

If Mokou wants to be broken, she might try to goad Flandre into it, taunting her with her blood.

On one hand if Mokou is permanently destroyed, we're left at square one, with no blood left to drink. On the other, if Mokou survives, then she's a perfect outlet for Flandre's starvation induced violence.
>> No. 83773
>>83770

Can Flandre destroy souls?

[x] "Could you come with us to Hakugyokurou? We came here with the intent of raiding Eirin's clinic for some medical blood to feed Flandre, but found nada. Letty was to help carry it. Youmu's already helping, but she's very small and it may not be enough; we just need it to last long enough for Alice and Patchouli to get at the stores in the Mansion. You're really the only human I'm on anything near good terms with."
[x] If she tries to claim she isn't human, recount the words she gave Alice during the Imperishable Night: "I'm a human who's lived here for a long time... Free from the bounds of life and death... But I'm as human as they come."
[x] Make it clear that you've absolutely no interest in fighting if she starts to feel threatened.
[x] If necessary, tell her what Flandre is capable of: Complete and utter annihilation of anything, which is possibly the only way to permanently kill a Hourai immortal. Flandre is the kind of friend Mokou might like to have.
>> No. 83774
>>83773

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Flandre's ability is limited to physical destruction...
>> No. 83775
>>83774

There is no set cap on the limit of Flandre's ability in canon. She destroyed a meteor in the upper atmosphere screaming toward the Mansion without even looking at it.

Zun's words from the IN manual:

"Ability: Destruction of anything and everything"

She can likely destroy ghosts, who aren't physical beings, and she can almost certainly destroy youkai, who can regenerate from the smallest pieces, so I don't see why a soul would be a problem.

Anyway, it's not Mokou's soul she'd necessarily have to destroy, but the Hourai elixir she's been contaminated with, which obviously is a physical thing if it can be drunk. In the best case scenario, this leaves Mokou mortal. In the worst case it prevents anyone from gaining immortality by eating her liver, for which she's been targeted numerous time for by Kaguya's "assassins".
>> No. 83776
>>83775
Is she fucking Shiki?
>> No. 83777
>>83776
/r/ Flandre x Shiki porn
>> No. 83778
>>83777
>/r/ Flandre x Eiki porn
fixed
>> No. 83779
>>83778
>/r/ Flandre porn

Fixed again.
>> No. 83781
>>83779
No, you've gone and broken it.
>> No. 83785
>/r/ Vote porn

Mod fix.
>> No. 83787
[x] "Could you come with us to Hakugyokurou? We came here with the intent of raiding Eirin's clinic for some medical blood to feed Flandre, but found nada. Letty was to help carry it. Youmu's already helping, but she's very small and it may not be enough; we just need it to last long enough for Alice and Patchouli to get at the stores in the Mansion. You're really the only human I'm on anything near good terms with."
[x] If she tries to claim she isn't human, recount the words she gave Alice during the Imperishable Night: "I'm a human who's lived here for a long time... Free from the bounds of life and death... But I'm as human as they come."
[x] Make it clear that you've absolutely no interest in fighting if she starts to feel threatened.

Like above, except for :

>[?] If necessary, tell her what Flandre is capable of: Complete and utter annihilation of anything, which is possibly the only way to permanently kill a Hourai immortal. Flandre is the kind of friend Mokou might like to have.

Since I'm really confused about this one. Suggesting that Flandre might be able to make her into a normal human? Kill her? Kill Kaguya? In any case, I'm hoping that Flandre's talk with Mokou during the break turned out well so it doesn't go this far.
>> No. 83788
[x] "Could you come with us to Hakugyokurou? We came here with the intent of raiding Eirin's clinic for some medical blood to feed Flandre, but found nada. Letty was to help carry it. Youmu's already helping, but she's very small and it may not be enough; we just need it to last long enough for Alice and Patchouli to get at the stores in the Mansion. You're really the only human I'm on anything near good terms with."
[x] If she tries to claim she isn't human, recount the words she gave Alice during the Imperishable Night: "I'm a human who's lived here for a long time... Free from the bounds of life and death... But I'm as human as they come."
[x] Make it clear that you've absolutely no interest in fighting if she starts to feel threatened.
>> No. 83789
>Suggesting that Flandre might be able to make her into a normal human? Kill her? Kill Kaguya? In any case, I'm hoping that Flandre's talk with Mokou during the break turned out well so it doesn't go this far.

It's whatever she wants it to be. Tantalizing, no matter her goal. Even if she asked her to destroy Kaguya, and it worked, then Kaguya is returned to the wheel of reincarnation, where she should be. No matter what does or does not happens we come out ahead because of it.
>> No. 83790
>[x] Make it clear that you've absolutely no interest in fighting if she starts to feel threatened.

This makes me wonder whether firestorms could be considered meteorological phenomena.
>> No. 83805
[x] "Could you come with us to Hakugyokurou? We came here with the intent of raiding Eirin's clinic for some medical blood to feed Flandre, but found nada. Letty was to help carry it. Youmu's already helping, but she's very small and it may not be enough; we just need it to last long enough for Alice and Patchouli to get at the stores in the Mansion. You're really the only human I'm on anything near good terms with."
[x] If she tries to claim she isn't human, recount the words she gave Alice during the Imperishable Night: "I'm a human who's lived here for a long time... Free from the bounds of life and death... But I'm as human as they come."
[x] Make it clear that you've absolutely no interest in fighting if she starts to feel threatened.
>> No. 83812
>>83775

That's true, but the way it is described would say otherwise.
When she destroys something, she grasps an object's "point of highest tension" in her hand, then crushes it, destroying said object completely.
Being as though her ability apparently relies on physics to work, it may only apply to physical objects.

...Or she could be Shiki.
>> No. 83815
>>83812
>When she destroys something, she grasps an object's "point of highest tension" in her hand, then crushes it, destroying said object completely.

Except the word "tension" ZUN uses here (緊張) is usually used in a figurative sense, like "the air was charged with tension". The use of the tension in a physical sense is (張力).
>> No. 83852
Don't know when I'll be able to update. Being forced into family shit thanks to Easter. Don't expect to be back for at least 6 hours.
>> No. 83857
>>83852

Anon commiserates.
>> No. 83980
Eat too much Easter candy, writefag?
>> No. 84000
>>83980

Didn't end up getting back until later than I predicted, wasted time loafing around and playing L4D. Now today I wake up nauseous and suffering heartburn.

So yes. Expect updates later tonight or failing that, early tomorrow.
>> No. 84044
[x] "Could you come with us to Hakugyokurou? We came here with the intent of raiding Eirin's clinic for some medical blood to feed Flandre, but found nada. Letty was to help carry it. Youmu's already helping, but she's very small and it may not be enough; we just need it to last long enough for Alice and Patchouli to get at the stores in the Mansion. You're really the only human I'm on anything near good terms with."
[x] If she tries to claim she isn't human, recount the words she gave Alice during the Imperishable Night: "I'm a human who's lived here for a long time... Free from the bounds of life and death... But I'm as human as they come."
[x] Make it clear that you've absolutely no interest in fighting if she starts to feel threatened.

“We need you to come with us, to Hakugyokuro,” you say. “We kind of need your... help.”

“Yeah?” Mokou asks, keeping the door steady. She doesn't seem to be going along with it so far. “What kind of help?” Ah, hell.

“Well, you see... we came out here to search Eirin's clinic for some blood, because we need to find a way to feed Flandre,” you say, and just as soon as you do, the door begins to close. You jump forward on instinct and ram your foot into the door, wedging it open. Despite the fact that you feel diminshied pain as a ghost, the force Mokou is applying on the door is enough to seriously feel like your foot is being crushed off.

“Get out of here,” Mokou says flatly, pressing against the door.

“Please, listen!” you exclaim, bracing your hands on the door and the frame and trying to push it open farther. “Youmu's already helping by donating some of her blood, but she's pretty small.”

“Tough shit, ain't it?” Mokou says, you manage to gain and inch, but just as you do Mokou practically slams the door on you again, and a wave of pain ripples through your foot. God damn she's string.

“Please, you're the only person that I can think of that could help without having to lose anyone. We only need you until Patchouli can get some reserves from the mansion,” you say.

“Why not just send her back there? She lives there, doesn't she?” Mokou asks, managing to sound completely at ease while you're actually straining with what strength you can manage just to keep the door open a sliver.

“It's hard to explain, just stop and give me a chance here,” you say, starting to actually feel physical pain from the strain. You didn't even know it was possible for you to get physically exhausted as a ghost. You withdraw your foot and step back as the door slams shut, and you turn immaterial to float through the door. Once you're inside, you rematerialize. “Listen-” you start, and Mokou wheels around and swings the back of her fist into your face. The blow knocks you off balance, and you feel a sharp tug on your collar pull you over. Once again the door opens and the ground outside rushes up to meet you. You roll over onto your back and see Mokou standing in the doorway looking down at you.

“Who told you to come in?” she asks, and you pull yourself to a sitting position. She hasn't closed the door again yet, so maybe you still have a chance.

“We just need human blood,” you say. “Letty was going to help transport it by keeping it cool.” Mokou scoffs.

“Human? Well it seems you're out of luck, aren't you?” Mokou says, grinning. “I haven't seen one of those out this far for a long time.” That doesn't sit right with you, you remember something. Something fairly specific.

“ I'm a human who's lived here for a long time... Free from the bounds of life and death... But I'm as human as they come,” you say. Almost as soon as you start, Mokou's face blanks, and by the time you finish, she's quite plainly agitated.

“Who are you?” she asks, swinging the door open and stepping outside. “How do you know that?” She walks up to you and bends over, grabbing your collar and yanking you to your feet. She promptly hefts you into the air and sends you sailing a good fifteen feet away. You recover in mid air, not hitting the ground, but not fast enough to keep from smacking off a few of bamboo.

“That's not important,” you say, floating back towards Mokou. “What is important is a very agitated young girl with the ability to destroy everything in Gensokyo unless she feeds on human blood very soon.” Mokou seems conflicted for a moment, then grins.

“That's a shame, I kind of liked this place,” she says, turning and walking back towards her house. “Guess it had to end sometime.” You're not going to let her get away that easily. You fly up behind her, and even though she expects you and greets you with a strong elbow to the gut, you manage to hook your arms under hers and just barely restrain her.

“I'm not here to fight, Mokou,” you say. “But I'm afraid you might be the only choice we have.”

“You've got some balls, kid, I'll give you that,” Mokou says, swinging her shoulders forward in an effort to shake you loose. “Asking something stupid like this, coming into my house on your own will and then telling me you don't want to fight. Every part of me wants to kick your ass right now for pissing me off and wasting my time,” Mokou pauses, chuckling a bit as she takes a break from trying to rid herself of you. “You don't even have a bargaining chip to work with. You expect me to just play along and go with you? What possible reason could I ever have to help you? What could you possibly do for me to make it worth my time to give up my blood?”

Your mind races for something, anything you could offer or do, but you draw a blank. You hardly know anything about Mokou, let alone what she could need. She reaches over her shoulders and grabs you by the clothes and begins to pull you over. You won't be able to hold on for much longer, you're going to need to come up with something quickly.

---
>> No. 84048
File 123966792784.png - (406.13KB , 564x600 , mokou vs flandre.png ) [iqdb]
84048
[x] "Flandre has the power to destroy things with her mind! Anything! All she has to do is visualize that the core of its essence is in the middle of her palm, and 'kyu', it's gone. She can destroy the world if she wanted to. She could destroy you, she could destroy your eternal rival, she could probably even just destroy the Hourai Elixir in you leaving you mortal again. Now even if it's just a chance, isn't this the opportunity you've been waiting millennia for? Are you not tired? Do you not deserve to rest?"
>> No. 84049
>God damn she's string.
>> No. 84050
>>84048

I'm hoping this doesn't actually work, so that Flan finally finds a friend that will never break.
>> No. 84052
>>84049

It's still a vowel.
>> No. 84083
[?] Close eyes.
[?] "Damnit, she's immortal too. I'm being screwed around with."
[?] "Let me go. Ms. Flandre's hurt and she's hungry, and she has the potential to destroy everything. I have no wish to see if that can extend to my hostess as well."

Hrm. Took awhile to think of this, but it still seems off. Hence, the ?'s. I think this needs to be torn about and put back together.

The immortal part is referring to the Kaguya/Mokou rivalry, and how this situation is being used as such.

The last part implies alot about Flandre's power - Mokou can still probably figure out the 'destroy the Hourai exilir' if she thinks of it. However, it also brings up duty on your part as well. If Flandre can destroy immortals, can she also destroy Yuyuko?
>> No. 84087
Is there a way to tell Mokou that Keine herself is in danger (Flandre is going to go berserk due to hunger, she needs human blood, where else to get that from than the Human Village.) without using meta-knowledge and setting off Mokou's paranoia about Kaguya setting her up?
>> No. 84089
>>84087
Well, how about starting vague and letting her connect the dots herself? Even if you don't know specifics, you can at least guess that from her brief moment where she appeared conflicted that her apparent lack of concern isn't completely honest. That despite appearances, she's bound to have at least one thing or person in this place that she actually gives a damn about and consider worth protecting.
>> No. 84096
>Well, how about starting vague and letting her connect the dots herself?

We tried vague:
>“What is important is a very agitated young girl with the ability to destroy everything in Gensokyo unless she feeds on human blood very soon.” Mokou seems conflicted for a moment, then grins.

>without using meta-knowledge

We have 90% of Alice's memories. Mokou speaks at length of the Hourai Elixir in IN Extra. More than that, the Hourai legend has special meaning to Alice because of her Hourai dolls. We're not running off metaknowledge--we don't know that she can destroy the Hourai Elixir in Mokou--rather, we're running off extrapolation from in-game sources: Akyu's publicly published records on youkai that someone as intelligent as Hina or Alice would have read themselves at least once; Flandre's ability has even been publicized in the Bunbunmaru newspaper.

>Even if you don't know specifics, you can at least guess that from her brief moment where she appeared conflicted that her apparent lack of concern isn't completely honest. That despite appearances, she's bound to have at least one thing or person in this place that she actually gives a damn about and consider worth protecting.

She tossed off a comment stating she that was unconcerned with the destruction of Gensokyo. If that's bluster, then this is all a ruse to attempt to get something out of this for herself. And there's only one thing I can think of to offer an immortal.

>You won't be able to hold on for much longer, you're going to need to come up with something quickly.

We are out of time.

It's ultimately up to the author to decide how much we know about Mokou and Flandre, but if we're not capable of making the hard decisions now, for the safety and well-being of everyone in Gensokyo, then really we're operating outside of the protagonist's MO, which, aside from being disingenuous, would be metagaming in and of itself.
>> No. 84116
[X] "If I don't have anything to bargain with, then tell, what do you want me to do in exchange? There must be something youw ant that I can do for you if you help me."
>> No. 84197
Damn, low on votes.

At this rate I might need to randomly choose one of the votes so far to go with.
>> No. 84199
[X] "If I don't have anything to bargain with, then tell, what do you want me to do in exchange? There must be something youw ant that I can do for you if you help me."
>> No. 84201
>>84197

You could update your other story, where the vote tie was broken earlier.
>> No. 84202
>>84197
>At this rate I might need to randomly choose one of the votes so far to go with.

Why don't you just pick the one that makes for the better story? It worked for RAN at a point where it was pretty much write-in only.
>> No. 84205
>>84202

So, in short, write what I would vote for?

inb4Flight:DirectorsCut
>> No. 84209
>So, in short, write what I would vote for?

It's not so one-sided. The voters will argue amongst each other, per usual, why so-and-so's write-in is better, but instead of trying to convince that other voters (who likely have their own write-ins they want to win), they have to convince you instead.

Or at least, that's the way blankfag claimed to do it.
>> No. 84210
[X] "If I don't have anything to bargain with, then tell, what do you want me to do in exchange? There must be something you want that I can do for you if you help me."
>> No. 84220
Seems like there's a winning vote now, though. Updating tomo- Late- Hm.

There'll be a new thread regardless.
>> No. 85837
>>84083

>The immortal part is referring to the Kaguya/Mokou rivalry, and how this situation is being used as such.

What? That's nonsense! Immortality means that there is absolutely no way to kill it at all. Ever. After all, if there is a way to put an end to it, then it wouldn't really be called immortality. Immortality is like removing the option of death itself! You can't bring an end to the un-ending.

And for all of those who say that destroying the Hourai Elixir would make her mortal again, I beg to differ. If the Hourai Elixir made her immortal, then it wouldn't matter if you'd destroy it because it already did it's job in making her immortal! Like placing Mokou in a never-ending tunnel called eternal life, with the only way out is to reach the end. It's impossible, no matter how far she goes, she won't die.

So Flandre might destroy Mokou's body, and the Hourai Elixir itself. But she can't put an end to Mokou because she's immortal.
>> No. 85843
>>85837
>And for all of those who say that destroying the Hourai Elixir would make her mortal again, I beg to differ. If the Hourai Elixir made her immortal, then it wouldn't matter if you'd destroy it because it already did it's job in making her immortal! Like placing Mokou in a never-ending tunnel called eternal life, with the only way out is to reach the end. It's impossible, no matter how far she goes, she won't die.

No, see you're making an ontological argument. It's totally specious, most simply because you cannot define things into existence, but let's take a look at this sophistry step-by-step.

Consider these statements, in terms of the present Mokou and Mokou at any given point X before she drank the Hourai Elixir:

"Mokou is mortal." False in the present. True in the past.
"Mokou was mortal." True in the present. True in the past.
"Mokou is immortal." True in the present. False in the past.
"Mokou was immortal." True in the present. False in the past.

See, factoring in temporality, we disallow contradiction in the same reference point, while allowing us to speak meaningfully about events that have, had, hadn't, or haven't occurred.

The future tense is difficult, however, because we don't know what will happen. Everything said about the future requires the assumption that certain variables have not changed.

"If Mokou were immortal, Mokou will never die."

This conditional is always valid, in that the consequent follows from the antecedent. However, this does not imply that the antecedent is true, and in fact at least at one point in the past (before Mokou drank the elixir), we know it wasn't!

"If Mokou weren't immortal, Mokou could die."

This counterfactual conditional is valid by definition, even if there were or will be no points at which Mokou is or was not immortal.

You argument, when properly framed in tense, relies on the following:

"If Mokou is immortal, then Mokou will always be immortal."

This is not a valid conditional, even if the antecedent and the consequent happened to be true at all points of reference.

There are no special labels that can be applied to things such that they cannot be otherwise in the future. There is no reason to believe that immortality is any more sticky than mortality. In fact, that relative dearth of Hourai immortals, that should exist as a consequent of the (apparently regular) interaction between the Lunarians and ancient Japan, should be rather telling.

Also, learn to sage, fag.
>> No. 85844
>>85841
you're wrong, shut up

Alice: "Immortality is like casting away the physical body. Only the soul becomes invincible, it's constantly reborn in new flesh. Souls don't have a particular size, so they can freely create another body."

Yuyuko: "A human who drinks the Hourai Elixir never ages, never dies. If another human eats the liver of that person, that person too will never age and never die. And if a ghost eats it...? An immortal ghost is born. Thus, the cycle of Hourai ends. The soul will never rest or reincarnate, and the effect is lost. Well, we can just not eat it."

Her liver retains some of the elixir, but that isn't what makes her immortal, it's already altered her soul.

>Hourai immortals that should have been a consequent of the (apparently regular) interaction between the Lunarians and ancient Japan
Eirin only made the elixir once and then got rid of it.
>> No. 85845
>>85844
>Alice: "Immortality is like casting away the physical body. Only the soul becomes invincible, it's constantly reborn in new flesh. Souls don't have a particular size, so they can freely create another body."


>Yuyuko: "A human who drinks the Hourai Elixir never ages, never dies. If another human eats the liver of that person, that person too will never age and never die. And if a ghost eats it...? An immortal ghost is born. Thus, the cycle of Hourai ends. The soul will never rest or reincarnate, and the effect is lost. Well, we can just not eat it."

Their descriptions are muddled and coached in terms of the original Kaguya-hime myth, which they now already know as inaccurate and incomplete.

>Her liver retains some of the elixir, but that isn't what makes her immortal, it's already altered her soul.

Then Flandre destroys her soul. Or destroys the effect of the elixir on her soul. Or destroys the ability of her soul to exist in the mortal plane. Or whatever.

What happens when the irresistible force meets the immovable wall?

When you allow contradictory premises, the derived result is always trivial.

>Eirin only made the elixir once and then got rid of it.

Citation needed
>> No. 85848
>>85845

Does Flandre even have the ability to destroy something intangible? She was able to blast a meteor and make it go kerplody, but that's all we've seen.

Still, EZMode has proven in the past that he doesn't need assumptions and jumps of logic to kill off Mokou for good. Just a dude with some paper.
>> No. 85849
>>85847

FROM THE ESOD MANUAL:

>Flandre Scarlet
>Ability: Destruction of anything and everything

OR IN MOON:

>ありとあらゆる
Every single; every possible

>破壊する
Destruction; disruption

>程度の
Degree; order

>能力
Ability

>ありとあらゆるものを破壊する程度の能力
Or as I would put it: "The ability to destroy all things utterly."
>> No. 85851
>>85849

Now, is there really any need for all that shift/capslock? I glossed over a line in her profile on the wiki that is usually redundant. My sincerest apologies.
>> No. 85858
File 124145961110.png - (170.11KB , 1024x1024 , Awesome.png ) [iqdb]
85858
>>85848

>Still, EZMode has proven in the past that he doesn't need assumptions and jumps of logic to kill off Mokou for good. Just a dude with some paper.
>> No. 85861
>>85843 , I am >>85837

You want to argue? Fine lets argue, faggot.

Lets take the actual term from the dictionary. Immortality- Not mortal, not liable or subject to death.

According to ZUN, Mokou became immortal after drinking the Hourai Elixir. That means that she can never ever die

forever, starting from the point she drank the Elixir. And lets use logic here too. If there was a way to put an end to it,

then it's not really immortal. You can't kill that which can not be killed. It doesn't make any sense!


And who made any rule about a mortal not ever being able to achieve immortality? I'm not saying that Mokou was

ALWAYS immortal, only from the time she drank the Hourai Elixir, to forever after that. It's like an equation, to put it more

logically. Lets make it division. Solve it to make Z = zero and you die. X divided by Y. And the answer, Z. If you get Z

and it's not 0, you can change the X or Y to whatever you want, but only IF you can get Z first. One solution, one

variable replacement. Lets make it 16 / 2. That's 8. Great, now we have Z, and it's not 0, we can change it. We can

change X to 0, and be killed, thus ending our life. Or we can change it to a different number, giving us more time before

we choose to 'die'. Lets make ourselves immortal. Let's change Y to 0. 16 / 0. Now you're stuck. You can never

make Z=0 now, because we can't divide by 0. No matter how many 0s you have, even if it's infinite, no matter how

much of it you build up, you can never make 16.
That's also why Flandre, who can destroy anything, can't destroy the undestroyable. Even if her power is infinite.

We can't change it back either because we need to solve for Z before we can change X or Y. Seeing we can't get Z

because division by zero is impossible, we are now officially immortal.

It's true that in time, and over the course of eternity, even the most impropable things will eventually happen. But lets

keep it real. The impossible will never happen, because the chances are at 0%. That's why they are called Impossible.

There is a difference between the two. For immortals, death is impossible. The death is not a choice. That's Mokou.

>>85845

>Then Flandre destroys her soul. Or destroys the effect of the elixir on her soul. Or destroys the ability of her soul to

exist in the mortal plane. Or whatever .

The soul is not a physical being and therefore, cannot be destroyed. It either moves on to another plane, or it stays

here. If the Hourai Elixir made Mokou immortal, then that other plain was completely burned into nothingness. If you burn

paper, you can't get it back. Seeing the soul is immortal and cannot be destroyed, it has no choice but to stay here, and

to 'live' as we put it. There is no cure for immortality. It's like medicine to an already dead man. Nothing will work.

I wouldn't say that it's the Hourai Elixir that keeps her alive, but it rather have burned the option for her to die at the time

she drank it. So destroying the Hourai Elixir after she drank it would be irrelevant, because it already made Mokou

immortal.

And lets keep it real, if there is a way to kill it, then it is not really immortality.

Mokou can't die, no matter what happens. It's said by ZUN himself. So stop arguing faggots. I solved it with logic, and

the source. /thread.
>> No. 85862
>>85861
>forever, starting from the point she drank the Elixir. And lets use logic here too. If there was a way to put an end to it,

"X is immortal" does not imply "X will always be immortal".

Fucking deal.

>The soul is not a physical being and therefore, cannot be destroyed.

This is a non sequitur.
>> No. 85863
>>85861
If X=0 then Z=0
I don't know what are you babbling about. I don't even read any of the stories here anymore, but I just read your fabulus post about logic! Cirno don't be a fool!

Just read this interesting thing: http://www.touhouproject.com/sdm/res/20109.html#i20835
>> No. 85865
>>85861
THIS IS GENSOKYO!! AND ZUN MIND IS CAPABLE OF EVERYTHING!
>> No. 85866
>>85861

That's a rather limited spectrum of thought. I think "death" doesn't mean what you think it means.

Read Tsukihime. There is dying in the mortal sense... and then "dying" in the metaphysical sense. An immortal cannot die by the true definition of the word (the mortal sense).

Souls don't die. People die.
When a person dies, their soul leaves mortal world. That's what death is.

So, yeah, Mokou obviously can't "die". But "destruction" is not the same as death.

But, again, it remains to be seen whether Flandre can use her ability on non-physical things.
>> No. 85868
>>85862

Yes actually, it does. I don't think you know what immortality means.

>>85863

That doesn't make any sense. I said making Y=0 would make it immortal. Making X be zero would not make any sence before she'd attain immortality, because Z would be zero by then, and that'd mean you'd be dead. Taking one step at a time, you'd drink the Hourai Elixir AFTER you'd die. But mokou didn't do that. She changed her Y to 0 before dying, meaning X was something else, and because division by zero is impossible, she can't get Z to change X or Y to make Z=0 anymore, meaning she can't die forever now.

>>85866

Exactly. I'm glad you caught on. Seeing you know that for immortals, death doesn't exist, Mokou can't die because there is no plain for her soul to escape to. But I'm not disagreeing with you about Flandre. Sure, she can kill Mokou's body completely, I'm not arguing against that. Heck, you can do that in the game in IN Extra! But since Mokou can't die no matter what, she'd just resurrect each time Flandre would try to force Mokou to do so.
Personally, I think Mokou's resurrection looks kick-ass. If you look at in slow motion, it looks even cooler.

>>85865
Yeah, and ZUN chose to make Mokou unable to die by any means.


So Flandre has the ability to destroy anything and Mokou has the ability of not (or rather not able of having the option of) dying. She'd just go in a cycle of rebirths if Flandre would keep destroying her.



Are we settled now?
>> No. 85869
>>85862

Yes actually, it does. I don't think you know what immortality means.

>>85863

That doesn't make any sense. I said making Y=0 would make it immortal. Making X be zero would not make any sence before she'd attain immortality, because Z would be zero by then, and that'd mean you'd be dead. Taking one step at a time, you'd drink the Hourai Elixir AFTER you'd die. But mokou didn't do that. She changed her Y to 0 before dying, meaning X was something else, and because division by zero is impossible, she can't get Z to change X or Y to make Z=0 anymore, meaning she can't die forever now.

>>85866

Exactly. I'm glad you caught on. Seeing you know that for immortals, death doesn't exist, Mokou can't die because there is no plain for her soul to escape to. But I'm not disagreeing with you about Flandre. Sure, she can kill Mokou's body completely, I'm not arguing against that. Heck, you can do that in the game in IN Extra! But since Mokou can't die no matter what, she'd just resurrect each time Flandre would try to force Mokou to do so.
Personally, I think Mokou's resurrection looks kick-ass. If you look at in slow motion, it looks even cooler.

>>85865
Yeah, and ZUN chose to make Mokou unable to die by any means.


So Flandre has the ability to destroy anything and Mokou has the ability of not (or rather not able of having the option of) dying. She'd just go in a cycle of rebirths if Flandre would keep destroying her.



Are we settled now?
>> No. 85870
If you destroy Mokou's body constantly that means for me that she died. Or if you seal her forever too.
And I'm sure that Eirin has already researched the anti hourai elixir...
Life isn't logical! MATHFAGS CAN GTFO!

Everything that has a beginning has an end, NEO!
>> No. 85871
>>85870
And Flandre's power are only too great to describe it.
>> No. 85872
>>85868
>>85869

You are a sad and hopelessly confused little man.
>> No. 85873
>>85868

This is >>85866

I meant to imply that if Flandre was able to use her power on the abstract, she could destroy Mokou's soul (or even her entire being, Nanaya-style.)
That wouldn't be "death"-- it would be oblivion. Flat-out nothingness. Mokou would be-- for all intents and purposes-- "dead".

But, for the third time, I am unsure if Flandre can actually do that. I theorized that she couldn't because, although her powers description states that it can destroy "anything", her ability apparently relies on physics to work; she crushes an object's "point of highest tension" to destroy it, meaning that her power is inapplicable to the metaphysical.
>> No. 85874
>>85870

What the hell did I just say? A cure for immortality is impossible and Eirin knows it. She said it herself. It's like medicine to a dead man, an anti-elixir wouldn't work. Nothing would because it's impossible.

And there are things that are irreversable. Just because something has a beginning, doesn't mean it has an ending. I just showed you an example in that division with math. And yes, life runs ENTIRELY on logic. (Just so you know, mokou said in her autobiography ZUN written, that she doesn't consider herself living because life can't exist without death, and she considered herself not living or dead ever since she drank the Hourai Elixir.)
It is entirely possible, in thought, to enter a never-ending tunnel called life. What is IMPOSSIBLE, though, is to reach death at the end of that never-ending tunnel. You can't, because it never ends! Make sense now?

At this point you're just denying what immortality is because you don't WANT to believe it.

>>85871
So is eternity. Mokou is immortal, and Flandre is extremely powerful. She can't put bring an end to Mokou, who doesn't have an end for Flandre to bring her to. Ultimately, Flandre will eventually die of old age (however long that would be), and Mokou would probably have to go through a living hell until then if they fought constantly. But in the end( or rather at a certain point in time and there on after), Mokou will remain. And Kaguya. Just the two of them for eternity, together forever. Ironic how Zun made her immortal enemy be the only one there for her when everything ceases to nothingness, ain't it?
>> No. 85875
>>85873

But we don't know if souls CAN be destroyed. Say that they can't because they aren't physical, and physical rules don't apply to them, and all attempts to destroy them would be like punching into nothingness. Personally, this is how I'd believe it because true immortality has absolutely no end at all, ever.

But I respect your opinion because you know what you're talking about, and not arguing like an immature brat.
>> No. 85876
>her ability apparently relies on physics to work; she crushes an object's "point of highest tension" to destroy it, meaning that her power is inapplicable to the metaphysical.

How the fuck did you draw this conclusion out of your ass?
>> No. 85878
This is the last time I will go through this, so I'm going to do it in the simplest and most embarrassing manner possible for you: Reductio.

Since you haven't presented an argument in any appreciable form more coherent than dictionary definitions and flippant analogies, I'll have to paraphrase. Your argument:

Immortality by definition, is the property of not dying now or at any point in the future.
If Mokou is immortal she cannot die.
Mokou is immortal.
Mortality entails that one can die.
Therefore Mokou cannot become mortal.

Now, let's look at Mokou before she drank the Hourai Elixir:

Mortality by definition as the negation of immortality, is the property of being able to die now or at any time in the future.
If Mokou is mortal then she can die.
Immortality entails that one cannot die.
Therefore Mokou cannot become immortal.

These arguments are of the same form, but the latter draws an absurd conclusion, in that we know Mokou became immortal. Therefore they are both invalid arguments.

It might just happen to be that Mokou cannot become mortal again, but that is not something that can be decided now in an a priori manner.

>So is eternity. Mokou is immortal, and Flandre is extremely powerful.

An understatement. Her power to destroy is unqualified and explained in absolutes. She can destroy anything.

>Ultimately, Flandre will eventually die of old age (however long that would be)

Flandre is undead, you dumb motherfucker.

>and Mokou would probably have to go through a living hell until then if they fought constantly. But in the end( or rather at a certain point in time and there on after), Mokou will remain. And Kaguya. Just the two of them for eternity, together forever. Ironic how Zun made her immortal enemy be the only one there for her when everything ceases to nothingness, ain't it?

Yes in 4.5 billion years when the sun engulfs the inner planets, they'll be in a state of constant immolation and asphyxiation. Ignoring of course, that the faith needed to bear the weight of their legendary immortality will be long gone, along with the entirety of the human race.

>But, for the third time, I am unsure if Flandre can actually do that. I theorized that she couldn't because, although her powers description states that it can destroy "anything", her ability apparently relies on physics to work; she crushes an object's "point of highest tension" to destroy it, meaning that her power is inapplicable to the metaphysical.
>point of highest tension

>緊張して
>tension; mental strain; nervousness

This does not refer to physical tension unambiguously--that would be 張力

The ability is coached in terms that all but demand comparison to Nasu's mystic eyes of death perception. Where the point of an object's "origin" is destroyed.
>> No. 85879
>>85876
By thinking of "tension" in a literal sense, instead of whatever ludicrous bullshit Zun originally meant?
>> No. 85880
>>85879

Good point.
>> No. 85881
>>85876

It's written in the EoSD manual.

Nobody said her power is Infinite anyway, after all. She was defeated by Reimu/Marisa in the story.

And Mokou was defeated but could not be killed. It said nothing could kill her in the manual too, which includes Flandre, along with everything else. I'm leaning toward that guy's depiction that Mokou can never die. It makes sence, and goes by the rules of the story.
Mokou even said "I can't die. Death is no longer part of my existence. No matter how much she tries to kill me it's impossible"
So there--
/thread
>> No. 85882
>>85881
>It's written in the EoSD manual.

No. That description is from Perfect Memento.

>Nobody said her power is Infinite anyway, after all.

Her power as described by ZUN was unqualified.

>She was defeated by Reimu/Marisa in the story.

With danmaku, under spellcard rules.

>And Mokou was defeated but could not be killed. It said nothing could kill her in the manual too
>Mokou even said "I can't die. Death is no longer part of my existence. No matter how much she tries to kill me it's impossible"

Destruction and death are disparate concepts. That she cannot be killed does not entail that she cannot be destroyed.
>> No. 85883
>>85878
Look, I'm tired of hearing of your bulshit.

by the way, you made a fatal error.

>Mortality means one can die in the future

Correction: mortality means you can die at ONE POINT in the future. Before she drank the Hourai Elixir this was very possible.
But Mokou became immortal at one point in time, and from that point out, the possibility for her to die in the future from that point on was no longer possible.
It's very possible for a mortal to become immortal after a given amount of time. They can still die before they do so...

One can find an entrance to a never-ending tunnel in a series of different tunnels. But if they can only go forward, and they enter the never-ending tunnel, they'll never reach the end. If those tunnels were metaphors for lives, then the never-ending tunnel is the entrance to immortality.

Your argumant about mortals never being able to become immortals is now void, so shut the hell up you troll.

Oh, and another correction...
>she can destroy anything

She can destroy anything that CAN be destroyed. If it can't be destroyed, she can't destroy it. All arguments otherwise wouldn't make sence.

>4.5 billion years...sun...blah blah blah

Time is irrelevant to an immortal. Eventually the sun would burn out, and she'd resurrect constantly during then. A living hell; yes. Death;no.


Shut the hell up. You fail at saging.
>> No. 85884
>>85883
>Look, I'm tired of hearing of your bulshit.

But it's been such a pleasure for me!

>Correction: mortality means you can die at ONE POINT in the future. Before she drank the Hourai Elixir this was very possible.

Actually, being mortal means you will die at one point in the future. And in fact, those in Karmic Cycle die a countless number of times. Mokou was mortal once, and yet, she didn't die (at least in this incarnation). Does this mean Mokou was never mortal? No, because having a property in the past does not entail they will have it in the future.

>But Mokou became immortal at one point in time, and from that point out, the possibility for her to die in the future from that point on was no longer possible.

So long as she retains the trait of immortality. But as we saw from her 'mortality' that properties of temporal things are fluid.

>It's very possible for a mortal to become immortal after a given amount of time. They can still die before they do so...

But you wouldn't say that because they didn't die before they became immortal, that they were never mortal to begin with.

>One can find an entrance to a never-ending tunnel in a series of different tunnels. But if they can only go forward, and they enter the never-ending tunnel, they'll never reach the end. If those tunnels were metaphors for lives, then the never-ending tunnel is the entrance to immortality.

More analogies, what fun. They illuminate nothing but the barren landscape of your mind.

>Your argumant about mortals never being able to become immortals is now void

Come again?

>so shut the hell up you troll.

I'm the troll? No, you're the dumb sonuvabitch who couldn't sage properly.

>She can destroy anything that CAN be destroyed. If it can't be destroyed, she can't destroy it. All arguments otherwise wouldn't make sence.

By definition. But nowhere is it stated that souls cannot be destroyed; Akyuu even takes special note of this when describing how Youmu's sword can destroy spirits.

>Time is irrelevant to an immortal. Eventually the sun would burn out, and she'd resurrect constantly during then. A living hell; yes. Death;no.

It's not completely irrelevant. There is the possibility of course of the end of the universe and time along with it. More important is the part you skipped, where Mokou and Kaguya would lose their immortality (and all supernatural abilities) because there wouldn't be enough faith to support them.

>Shut the hell up. You fail at saging.

The thread has been in autosage. This is how stupid you are.
>> No. 85885
Hmmm... can someone who has the power to destroy "anything and everything" use said power on the indestructable?

Ah, fuck it. I'll leave shit like this for Nasu to sort out.
>> No. 85886
I'd have to stand by my earlier statement:

-Mokou can't die.
-Flandre can't kill Mokou.
-Flandre can destroy Mokou's body.
-Flandre might be able to destroy Mokou's soul/being.
-Doing so would not be "killing" Mokou.
>> No. 85887
>>85885

It's been mentioned earlier, but yeah it's called the entailment paradox.
>> No. 85892
>>85884

You didn't prove me wrong. All you did was take my sentences apart and being critical of them.

First off, immortality isn't a trait or an ability. It is a state at which death is not possible by any means at all.

And why do you keep implying that immortality is something that has had to have been had forever BEFORE too? Just because a mortal makes their death no longer existant, doesn't mean they were immortal to start off with. It only means they merely mannaged to BECOME immortal without dying first.

And by the way, Youmu and Yuyuko couldn't destroy Mokou in Imperishable Night. Yuyuko was even scared of Mokou.
And spirit does not equal soul. The soul is an indestructable essence of life and essentally immortal. A soul cannot be destroyed, it can only be moved to another existence.. Yuyuko tried to invoke death in Mokou by sending her soul to (forgive my spelling) Hagukaro. She couldn't because to Mokou, it didn't exist, and yuyuko's efforts were useless. Death for an immortal doesn't exist. And because it didn't, every time they tried to kill Mokou, Mokou reincarnated back in her body every single time.

>end of time and universe

Time can't come to an end. You can wipe out things in the universe, but time can not stop. Time is a measurement used to understand when events happen. Wipe out the universe, and the things that cannot be wiped out remain. If that'd happen, at the end of the universe, Kaguya and Mokou would be the universe.
Death for an immortal does not exist. Period.

/thread
>> No. 85896
>Death for an immortal does not exist. Period.

This calls to mind the question of what happens when the universe ends. If their ability to think is determined by the state of their brain, a point in the universe where matter can't exist would be death, wouldn't it?

Well, not death, I suppose. They wouldn't be able to reincarnate, therefore it's non-existence.

Gensokyo's a bubble world, would it be affected by a big rip?
>> No. 85899
>>85896

Yuyu would probably let them chill in Hakugyokuro. It's the afterlife, so it should be somewhat safe from the goings-on in the material world.
>> No. 85900
>You didn't prove me wrong. All you did was take my sentences apart and being critical of them.

That I did as I continue to do with much glee. However, I don't need to prove you wrong at this point. Your wrongness is already well established.

>First off, immortality isn't a trait or an ability. It is a state at which death is not possible by any means at all.

No, that's not completely it. If it were, then it would be applicable to things it clearly is not. For example, I wouldn't say my coffee cup is immortal (even though it cannot die). And of course "immortal" is a trait or quality, you silly goose! It's an adjective!

>And why do you keep implying that immortality is something that has had to have been had forever BEFORE too?

But I never said anything of the sort. You're the one with this absurd notion that attributes that are true at one point cannot change, essentially ignoring the temporal nature of existence.

>Just because a mortal makes their death no longer existant, doesn't mean they were immortal to start off with.

Obviously English isn't your first language, I have to approximate:

"That a mortal becomes immortal doesn't mean they were always immortal."

Yes, this is something a sane person would say. I'm glad you seem to be picking this stuff up, albeit at a rather slow pace.

>It only means they merely mannaged to BECOME immortal without dying first.

"That a mortal becomes immortal means they did not die before becoming immortal."

Normally, this would be true, but we're dealing with a world where people reincarnate. Mokou had died a countless number of times before becoming immortal, so for that reason, this is false.

>And by the way, Youmu and Yuyuko couldn't destroy Mokou in Imperishable Night. Yuyuko was even scared of Mokou.

Yuyuko says she's frightened of plenty of things in IN, for comic effect. Secondly, they were using spellcard rules.

>A soul cannot be destroyed, it can only be moved to another existence..

I'm sure you really believe all this that.

>Yuyuko tried to invoke death in Mokou by sending her soul to (forgive my spelling) Hagukaro.

Of course, Yuyuko can only invoke death in mortal souls. Being sent to Hakugyokurou is a side-effect of being killed by Yuyuko. Living beings can go to Hakugyokurou just fine.

>She couldn't because to Mokou, it didn't exist, and yuyuko's efforts were useless.

She couldn't because her ability as stated in PM is the ability to invoke death in mortals. She cannot invoke death in Mokou, just like she wouldn't be able to invoke death in a celestial or a god.

>Death for an immortal doesn't exist. And because it didn't, every time they tried to kill Mokou, Mokou reincarnated back in her body every single time.

This is a terrible can of worms you open for yourself. Reincarnation is a consequent of death. If she reincarnated, then she must've died. If you're going to say that her immortality is one of constant reincarnation then she's only immortal in the sense that a fairy is immortal.

>Time can't come to an end. You can wipe out things in the universe, but time can not stop. Time is a measurement used to understand when events happen.

You're making sweeping metaphysical claims here. At one point, we know there was no time, when it (along with all the other dimensions) were joined in the singularity, called the Big Bang, the beginning of the universe. It is possible (but unlikely according to the data we have of the visible universe) that this could happen again, a Big Crunch.

>Wipe out the universe, and the things that cannot be wiped out remain.

That's a contradiction. Mokou and Kaguya are part of the universe. If they remain, then you haven't wiped out the universe.

>If that'd happen, at the end of the universe, Kaguya and Mokou would be the universe.

This is what I was talking about earlier. How ridiculous claims can be made when you have inconsistent premises. Anyway, at that point you'd have long exhausted the faith that allows them these supernatural powers. This is why Shiki talks about in PoFV that there may come a time for all things, even gods.
>> No. 85916
All this arguing over whether or not Flandre could destroy Mokou and prevent her resurrection, and yet I think some key things were overlooked. Granted, I didn't read everything, but...

The concept that the soul passes on after the bodies death is all fine and good, and it exists in a metaphysical sense, that's okay. In a realistic world. However, in Gensokyo, in Higan and the Netherworlds, the 'metaphysical souls' are quite present. Even on the Chuuu road, the souls of the damned operate festival booths to help earn money to pay the operating costs Hell apparently requires while atoning. The soul is not a mystical energy force beyond understanding in Gensokyo, if your friend dies, you can just hop across the border and go visit them in the afterlife.
>> No. 85917
>>85916

So, in your story Flandre can destroy an immortal's soul to prevent regeneration.
>> No. 85921
I gotta agree with >>85892 here--

Finding a way to kill Mokou would mean she's not immortal. But ZUN said she IS immortal. So nothing can kill her, no matter what
>> No. 85925
>>85916

I see a what you're saying, but that doesn't apply to Mokou. Let me use the actual context from the game. She said
"Free from the bounds of life and dead as I am, but as human as they come." She also said "death is no longer part of my existence." Meaning that there is no border. She can't reach a destination that doesn't exist (explaining why yuyuko couldn't invoke death to her even though she is human).

Mokou also said
"Eternally born into darkness is life.
Eternal death awaiting at the end of the dark.
I, who knows not death, have surpassed the darkness."

Meaning Mokou is at a point beyond death. Death doesn't apply. hread
>> No. 85926
The One and Only God can delete it's existence!
Nothing is impossible!
Fate can be changed, if Remilia is weak, then there can be a new super ultra boss in TH78...

Your pretty theories sucks, because if ZUN thinks, that Mokou should die, then Mokou will die. So ZUN is the God Of Gensokyo.
>> No. 85927
>>85926
Now I know you're trolling. First off, there are things impossible. (not possible) That's why they are called IMpossible. Second, ZUN DID make her immortal and cannot die forever.

And third, Remilia couldn't change Mokou's fate because it was impossible and I can explain it. If she did make it so Mokou never drank the Hourai Elixir, mokou would have died a long time ago. But if that happened, Kaguya wouldn't send them on a trial of guts in the first place, meaning Remilia wouldn't make it so Mokou never drank the Hourai elixir. Simply put, it's impossible. A paradox cannot exist. If you go back in time to kill yourself as a child, how can you exist today to do the action? Simply put: impossible.

But here's what Remilia can do with fate, or you with time. If you lost your car keys, and went back in time to fetch them just before you lost them, and returned to your time, that would explain why you lost them! Because the one who took them was you! I don't suck, you do, so shutup, and get lost. I owned you twice.

Mokou can't die by any means, ever.. /thread
>> No. 85930
>>85927
>If she did make it so Mokou never drank the Hourai Elixir, mokou would have died a long time ago

Fate is about the future, not about the past.
>> No. 85933
>>85930

I'm just setting an example. Impossible things can never happen. Mokou can't die no matter what, but Remilia can (and did) make it a living hell for her. /thread
>> No. 86168
>>85933
Impossible things can happen.
"b-but that's impossible!!" you say, as Mokou dies in front of your eyes. "This can't be happening!"
"If I say it can, then it can!" the stranger says. You just stare him, while he drinks his beer, and he slowly walks away..
"Sorry bro! But I told you, that nothing is impossible. I didn't mean to go that far, but I guess he just overdid it a little. Now if you excuse me." as I turned away, I thought I hear sobbing voices of a sad man, but I just simply couldn't look back. I was thinking about that stranger. Who was he? Only two possibilities came to my mind. He was either ZUN or God!
>> No. 86224
>>86168
>Impossible things can't happen.
"Ha ha that's impossible, Mokou says as you die in front of her eyes. "It'll never happen..."
"If I say it can, then it can!" the stranger says. You just stare him, while he drinks his beer, and he slowly walks away..
"Sorry bro! But I told you, that there are things impossible. I didn't mean to go that far, but I guess he just overdid it a little. Now if you excuse me." as I turned away, I thought I hear sobbing voices of a sad man, but I just simply couldn't look back. I was thinking about that stranger. Who was he? Only two possibilities came to my mind. He was either ZUN or God!

Zun made Mokou immortal. And you can't kill God either. That's also impossible.

>Impossible things can happen

That doesn't make any sense. You're a retard.
>> No. 86225
>>86168

Mokou can't die. That's not a possibility
>> No. 86460
Does it matter if Mokou can't die?
Big deal, if she can't die, she cant die. That's what is says in the game and story anyway. Doujins aren't supposed to count because they are not canon.
Lets end this argument.