[Return]
Archived thread

File 123746718026.jpg - (698.02KB , 1078x782 , two of a kind and back to back.jpg ) [iqdb]
79227 No. 79227
You just stare at the girl as she walks away. You can't make any kind of move now, not with Satori there! Frustration gnaws at you inside. Dammit! You're sure Youmu was the girl you saw last night, even down to her build and the way she walks.
"What's the matter now?" Mokou asks you, anger still directed at you.
"Who ... who's that?" You point after Youmu.
"Huh?" Mokou grunts in surprise. "That's Youmu, she's sort of quiet. But don't fuck with her, she'll demolish you."
"She's in the Kendo club?"
Mokou nods. "She's the head of the club, she's ... well her dad was this swordsman, martial arts expert or something."
"Was?" You ask.
Mokou closes her eyes and leans back against the wall. "He vanished last year. Or, people said he did. Youmu won't breathe a word of it through."
"And she's friends with Satori?" You ask.
Mokou shrugs. "I guess. Seen 'em around."

You look across the front of the school at Youmu and Satori again. They reach the school gates and turn to the right, off towards the west of the residential district. A competent fighter accompanying Satori home for the night?
Maybe you should talk to Youmu.

"What?" Mokou raises an eyebrow and grins nastily. "You like the look of her?"
"Hmm?" You turn back to her. "Sorry, what?"
"Of Youmu. She's built pretty well, after all."
"Oh." You bluster. "No, not like that." The shock was so great, you honestly weren't even looking at Youmu in that sense.
Mokou stares at you for a moment before huffing and folding her arms. "Pity."
A long moment of uncomfortable silence passes.
"How's your stomach now?" You ask.
She nods. "Better, help me up."
You stand up and offer your hands. Mokou grasps you by the forearms and hauls herself up with a grunt. She just stands there for a moment, rubbing her stomach and taking deep breaths.
"Look, I'm really sorry about that."
"Don't be." Mokou says, shrugging weakly. "I guess we're ... r-rivals now, I suppose." She seems really uncomfortable saying that, even in the dying sunlight you can see the colour rising in her cheeks as she looks away.

[ ] "I guess we are."
[ ] You're not her rival. That's not a healthy way to think about it.
[ ] Wait. Is Kaguya ... ?
[ ] Tell her she needs to work this out.
[ ] Maybe you could talk to Kaguya for her?

>> No. 79228
[x] Maybe you could talk to Kaguya for her?
>> No. 79230
[X] "What? Rivals? Why are we rivals?"
[X] Continue to insist you aren't a rival.
>> No. 79231
[X] "What? Rivals? We're not rivals, we're friends."
[X]Bro fist of respect
>> No. 79232
[X] You're not her rival. That's not a healthy way to think about it.
[X] "Well, think of it however you want, "rivals" or whatever. Be sure to come and "punch" me sometimes."
>> No. 79236
[x] You're not her rival. That's not a healthy way to think about it.
[x] "Well, think of it however you want, "rivals" or whatever. Be sure to come and "punch" me sometimes."

Punch you, punch me.
>> No. 79237
Thank you for the write-in, but what exactly do you mean?
>> No. 79238
[X] "What? Rivals? We're not rivals, we're friends."
[X]Bro fist of respect
>> No. 79239
[X] "What? Rivals? We're not rivals, we're friends."
[X]Bro fist of respect

Changing my vote because the old write-in doesn't make much sense.
>> No. 79240
[X] "What? Rivals? We're not rivals, we're friends."
[X]Bro fist of respect

happy threesome
>> No. 79241
[X] "What? Rivals? We're not rivals, we're friends."
[X]Bro fist of respect

I certainly hope this won't be taken the wrong way. のヮの
>> No. 79242
[x] "What? Rivals? We're not rivals, we're friends."
[x] Bro fist of respect

Oh Mokou... You and your desire for Kaguya. Let's play matchmaker later on~
>> No. 79244
>>79237

Just forget the old write-in and write the new one. It makes more sense.
>> No. 79245
Writing!
>> No. 79246
She gave us a shot to the fucking nuts. We punched her hard enough to apparently tear up her internal organs.

The fact that neither one of us is dead yet is testament to our bizarre new friendship.
>> No. 79247
Being hit in the nuts is rarely fatal, and I doubt she was trying to kill us anyways when she went for our nuts.
>> No. 79248
>>79247

Clarification: how forgiving are you of people ramming their knee into your junk?
>> No. 79249
"What?" You say, cocking your head. "Rivals?"
Mokou looks back at you, frowning.
"Yeah, what el-"
You shake your head, cutting her off. This is silly, a bad start and a mistake. "We're not rivals." You say. "But we can be friends."
That was awfully corny, but it seems to have done the trick. Mokou rolls her eyes and half-smiles.
"Huh." She grunts. "I guess I can respect a man who throws a punch like that." She hesitates, even more uncomfortable than before, but in a different way.
"Thanks for ... er, for helping me up here." She says, hand on the back of her head, looking at her feet. "Sorry I kicked ya' in the balls, that was unfair."
"You're welcome. You throw a mean punch too." You say, then hold your fist out, knuckles-forward. Mokou actually laughs, but raises her fist and bumps it against yours. You're sort of embarrassed by how silly that felt, but it's loosened her up.

She glances sidelong at you. "How's your jaw?"
You prod your face uncertainly. "A little sore." You say. "I'll live."
Mokou glances up at the setting sun. "I guess I should be getting home."
"Me too."
Mokou hesitates again, then straightens up. "Just don't mistreat her, okay? That's my job."
" ... Kaguya?"
Mokou nods, then steps away from you. "I'll see you around then." She suddenly frowns and points at you. "Don't hit anyone else like that, I'm tougher than I look."
You nod, not wanting to repeat the that again. "Sure."

Mokou walks off towards the school gates, leaving you lost in thought.

[ ] Head home before it gets really late.
[ ] Go wake Kaguya up, it would be bad for her to sleep until dark and have to walk home alone.
[ ] Screw it, there's more than enough time, head to the Shrine.
>> No. 79250
>>79249

[ ] Go wake Kaguya up, it would be bad for her to sleep until dark and have to walk home alone.
>> No. 79251
{X} Go wake Kaguya up, it would be bad for her to sleep until dark and have to walk home alone.
>> No. 79252
[x] Head home before it gets really late.

Go home, phone up Satori~
>> No. 79253
Congratulations anon, you have just fisted Mokou.

[x] Go wake Kaguya up, it would be bad for her to sleep until dark and have to walk home alone.
>> No. 79254
[x] Screw it, there's more than enough time, head to the Shrine.
>> No. 79255
[x] Go wake Kaguya up, it would be bad for her to sleep until dark and have to walk home alone.

>Congratulations anon, you have just fisted Mokou.

And it felt good.
>> No. 79256
[X] Head home before it gets really late.

Don't want a repeat of last night. We should call Satori after we get back.

Shrine is on the to-do list for tomorrow. We don't want Sanae to be worrying about whether or not we make it home.
>> No. 79257
[x] Go wake Kaguya up, it would be bad for her to sleep until dark and have to walk home alone.

hmmmmm
>> No. 79258
[X] Head home before it gets really late.
Girls to talk to, but... Gaah, if something happens to Kaguya I'll feel horrible.
>> No. 79259
[x] Go wake Kaguya up, it would be bad for her to sleep until dark and have to walk home alone.
>> No. 79260
[x] Go wake Kaguya up, it would be bad for her to sleep until dark and have to walk home alone.
Damn, this debacle took away our precious miko time, but I suppose it was worth it.
>> No. 79261
[x] Head home before it gets really late.
>> No. 79262
[X] Go wake Kaguya up, it would be bad for her to sleep until dark and have to walk home alone.

I wonder, how much we should tell her about what happened while she was sleeping?
>> No. 79263
Going to wake up Kaguya. Seven minutes is impending but I'll get writing now anyway.
>> No. 79264
Kaguya still hasn't emerged from the school, which means she's probably still fast asleep under your blazer in the clubroom. Standing out here and watching the sun go down makes you wonder if that was the best of ideas. Unless someone wakes her up then she might sleep until the last one out locks the doors.
And you shouldn't leave her to walk home alone after dark. Not after last night.

You head back inside. Very little sunlight penetrates the building now, leaving the corridors bathed in a kind of dull orange twilight. The basement corridor is lit up by the strip-lights in the ceiling as usual, but it feels colder.
The clubroom door opens without a creak, and you are greeted with the sight of Kaguya, wide awake and switching off the computers. She's got her back to you, bending over the table to reach a switch.
You take a moment to savour the view. Long legs, muscles taut as she stretches.
"Hey." You say.
"Ah!" She jumps up in surprise, rounding on you. "Oh, hey there." She says. "I thought you slipped off and went went home. Shamed by your poor performance?" She grins playfully at you.

"Nah, I just got side-tracked. Anyway, it's getting late." You say. "Thought I shouldn't leave you sleeping any longer."
"Oh, er .. " She blusters for a moment, glancing over at the chair. Your jacket is still draped there. You let out a little laugh and scoop it up.
"Thought you would get cold." You say.
"Th-thanks." She says, ignoring your gaze and turning off the last of the monitors. She keeps her back to you for a second and then whirls around, expression fixed and determined.
"Want to walk home with ... " She trails off. "Hey! you're bruised!" Kaguya says, stepping up to you and peering at your chin.
You rub your jaw. "It's nothing, I'm fine."
"What happened?" She frowns.

[ ] Lie.
[ ] Tell her about Mokou.
>> No. 79266
[x] "Had a run-in with your girlfriend."

She socked me in the jaw, I punched her in the gut, we shared a good laugh and called it a day.
>> No. 79268
[x] "Fell down the stairs~." Wink.
>> No. 79270
[ ] Lie.
>> No. 79273
[ ] Tell her about Mokou.

Oni don't lie. And lieing to your friends is bad, oni or not.
>> No. 79274
[x] Tell her about Mokou.
No lies.
>> No. 79277
>>79276
Remember what happened the last time this was said?

[X] Tell her about Mokou.
>> No. 79278
[x] "I made a friend." Smile and leave it at that.
>> No. 79279
[X] Tell her about Mokou.
>> No. 79280
[x] "I made a friend." Smile and leave it at that.

Vague enough to not be a lie. Sounds good to me.
>> No. 79281
[x] "I made a friend." Smile and leave it at that.
>> No. 79282
[x] "I made a friend." Smile and leave it at that.

We're not lying.
>> No. 79283
[x] "I made a friend." Smile and leave it at that.
>> No. 79284
[X] "I made a friend." Smile and leave it at that.

Vague is good.
>> No. 79285
[X] "I made a friend." Smile and leave it at that.
>> No. 79286
>>79277
>Remember what happened the last time this was said?
I in fact don't.
>> No. 79287
>>79286

Yukari mind wiped us and made us a soulless husk.
>> No. 79288
[x] "I made a friend." Smile and leave it at that.

This sounds better, deleting my previous vote.
>> No. 79289
[x] "I made a friend." Smile and leave it at that.
>> No. 79290
[x] "I made a friend." Smile and leave it at that.
>> No. 79291
[x] "I made a friend." Smile and leave it at that.

Nice and Vague on top of not lying. Nice.
>> No. 79292
>>79248

Pretty forgiving, since we gave her a hit that would normally be a one way ticket to the emergency room. It would take more than a kick to the nuts to equal the damage we did to her (I don't recall us with blood in our mouth or sobbing from the pain).
>> No. 79293
Back from my seven minutes. Writing now.
>> No. 79294
[x] "I made a friend." Smile and leave it at that.
>> No. 79296
You smile. "I made a friend."
Kaguya frowns. "Second day here and you're getting into fights?" Her frown slowly turns into a crooked, far too amused smile. That's worrying.
"Not a fight, exact-"
"Pfft. Can't fool me." She laughs and reaches over your shoulder, flicking the light out. You both step out into the corridor and she turns and locks the clubroom door behind her.
"You have the only key?" You ask her.
"Yup." She brandishes it in front of your face. "No stealing any of my games."

"So," you start as you and Kaguya head up the stairs and out of the school. "You were going to ask me to walk home with you?"
"Uh!" She glances at you, eyes a little wide, before regaining her boisterous confidence. "Yeah! I live over on the west side of town, up top, where do you live?"
You try to work out a map of the town in your head as you and Kaguya cross the tarmac in front of the school. You seem to be nearly the last students out, there's nobody else here. The sun is casting a last few feeble rays of light above the rooftops.
"I live over on the west too, but closer to the centre, I think." You nod.
"Oh." Kaguya seems a little downcast for some reason.
"What?" You ask.
"Nn, uh, nothing." She says, then brightens up and grabs your arm. "Well, we're going the same way at least!"
She presses up against your arm. When you look at her she grins, showing her teeth, like a shark just before taking a bite.
You exit the school gates and walk along the pavement together, past a few other straggling students on their way home.
Kaguya hangs on your arm, but starts berating you about your performance in Left for Dead, questioning you about other shooters you've played. By the time you reach the residential district proper, she's already decided that you need to play Scout in Team Fortress 2.

Eventually you come to an intersection where you walk one way and Kaguya tugs the other. You both look at each other and she bites her lip before letting go of your arm. The last rays of sunlight are lancing down the street, turning everything a dull orange, making Kaguya's hair shine as she moves.
"You live up that way?" You ask. Isn't that where the larger and more expensive houses in Gensokyo are?
Kaguya nods, hesitating. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow." She puts her hands behind her back and stretches, yawning.

[ ] Who are you kidding? Escort her all the way home.
[ ] "Yeah, see you tomorrow Kaguya."
[ ] Give her a proper good bye [how?]
>> No. 79297
{X} "Yeah, see you tomorrow Kaguya."
>> No. 79298
[x] Who are you kidding? Escort her all the way home.

Just because we kick selected women's asses doesn't mean we aren't a gentleman.
>> No. 79299
[x] "Yeah, see you tomorrow".
[x] "Oh, and Kaguya? Looking at porn is completely natural. Just forget I ever opened up your web browser, okay?".
[x] Flash her an innocent smile, wave, and head home.
>> No. 79300
>>79287

You failed to realise that the situation is different. This is not about Gensokyo's mystery, but about relationships.
>> No. 79301
[X] Who are you kidding? Escort her all the way home.

It is our responsibility to go all the way.
>> No. 79303
[x] Who are you kidding? Escort her all the way home.

Strange beings at night or not. Come whatever may.
>> No. 79304
File 123749121676.png - (370.72KB , 639x478 , yumizuka.png ) [iqdb]
79304
[x] "Yeah, see you tomorrow Kaguya."

"My house is that way, Anon-kun."
>> No. 79307
[X] Who are you kidding? Escort her all the way home.
Hell, it might even lead to witnessing something interesting. Or to a premature death. Fine either way.
>> No. 79308
[X] Who are you kidding? Escort her all the way home.
>> No. 79311
[x] Who are you kidding? Escort her all the way home.

>"I live over on the west too, but closer to the centre, I think." You nod.
>"Oh." Kaguya seems a little downcast for some reason.
>"What?" You ask.

Guessing Mokou lives in our neighborhood then.
>> No. 79312
[X] "Yeah, see you tomorrow".
[X] "Oh, and Kaguya? Looking at porn is completely natural. Just forget I ever opened up your web browser, okay?".
[X] Flash her an innocent smile, wave, and head home.

This is a proper good bye.
>> No. 79313
[X] "Yeah, see you tomorrow Kaguya."

We have other important things to do. Like call Satori.
>> No. 79314
>>Guessing Mokou lives in our neighborhood then.

Or she could just be disappointed in not being able to walk all the way home together, since we would inevitably have to part ways at some point. Or perhaps it's a combination of factors.
>> No. 79315
>>79304
Why you do this

[X] "Yeah, see you tomorrow Kaguya."
>> No. 79316
[X] "Yeah, see you tomorrow Kaguya."
>> No. 79317
[x] "Yeah, see you tomorrow Kaguya."
>> No. 79318
[x] "Yeah, see you tomorrow Kaguya."

Satorin~ You're the only one I can maybe trust~
>> No. 79320
You became overly-concerned with Mokou who punched you in the face, now you won't even walk Kaguya all the way home after saving her from being assaulted by her nemesis already once today?

Besides, geniuses, if we're still with Kaguya, Satori is just as likely to still be with Youmu right now.
>> No. 79321
[x] Who are you kidding? Escort her all the way home.
>> No. 79322
[x] Who are you kidding? Escort her all the way home.
>> No. 79323
>>You became overly-concerned with Mokou who punched you in the face, now you won't even walk Kaguya all the way home after saving her from being assaulted by her nemesis already once today?

Or "assaulted" by her "nemesis", if you know what I mean.
Really, I get the feeling our dealings with those two are going to get very interesting in the future. Complicated, but interesting.

>>if we're still with Kaguya, Satori is just as likely to still be with Youmu right now.

True. Besides, with both her email address and cellphone number, we should be able to contact her at pretty much any time after we get home. No need to rush.
>> No. 79324
[x] Who are you kidding? Escort her all the way home.

Do want Sanae though. But it's good to know where Kaguya lives.
>> No. 79326
[x] Who are you kidding? Escort her all the way home.

We can be extra careful on the way home, and then call Satori.
>> No. 79330
[X] "Yeah, see you tomorrow Kaguya."
>> No. 79332
Finally! Writing now.
>> No. 79337
You smile at Kaguya, an odd feeling coming over you.
"What me to take you home?" You ask.
Her mouth falls open.
"I mean your home! I meant, escort you home, gah." You put your face in your palm for a moment.
Kaguya laughs, hopping forwards and taking you by the arm again. "Sure, come on." She says, tugging you along again.

As you walk, the houses along both sides of the road get steadily larger, grander, with much more ornate gardens.
"You really live over this way?" You ask.
Kaguya looks at you, still grinning, but she keeps walking. There are only a few houses now, separated by high hedges and fronted with actual wrought-iron gates. You feel a little out of place here, but Kaguya seems right at home.
"Here." She stops outside one of the gates and you peer through the bars. A truly huge garden stretches away towards a low, multi-building, Japanese-style mansion.
The sun is just about to finish dipping below the horizon, and along the pathway leading to the front door, a series of electric lanterns have come on, blazing with light. Another, smaller light hangs above the gate.
"You live here?" You ask, dumbfounded.
"Stop gawking." Kaguya says, letting go of your arm and putting her hands on her hips.
"It's ... impressive." You say. It really is. She really must be distant royalty, this is surely the biggest and most expensive house in town.
Now she grins. "Cool, huh?" She reaches over to the gate, to a little control panel on the side, and presses a series of buttons. The gate slowly swings inwards on little runners.

"You want to come over sometime?" Kaguya asks.
You nod. "Yeah ... it's uh ... are you parents-"
"My parents aren't around, I live with my godmother." Kaguya says in a very matter-of-fact way.
"Oh." You feel a little bad about that. Maybe she doesn't want to talk about it. Kaguya takes a step inside the gate, hanging from it by one hand.
"I guess I'll see you tomorrow then. Thanks for walking me home, even if I don't need it." She grins and reaches over slugging you in the shoulder, but gently, just a tap.

[ ] Say good-bye [how?], go home.
>> No. 79338
>>79337

[x] Say good-bye with a two-finger salute, go home.
>> No. 79340
[X] Say good-bye with a two-finger salute, go home.

She's cool.
>> No. 79341
[X] "Yeah, see you tomorrow".
[X] "Oh, and Kaguya? Looking at porn is completely natural. Just forget I ever opened up your web browser, okay?".
[X] Flash her an innocent smile, wave, and head home.

I liked this vote.
>> No. 79342
[x] "It was my pleasure to escort such a lovely lady home. Sweet dreams."

Was going to make an analogy to Sandman since she mentioned playing a Scout for TF2, but it doesn't fit well.
>> No. 79343
▶ Say good-bye with a two-finger salute, go home.
>> No. 79344
[X] Say good-bye with a two-finger salute, go home.
>> No. 79345
[x] Say good-bye with a two-finger salute, go home.
>> No. 79346
[x] Say good-bye with a two-finger salute, go home.
>> No. 79347
[x] "Can I... come over now?"
>> No. 79348
Um, before I vote, can we get a clarification on exactly what is meant by a "two finger salute". Because there are a couple ways I can see that interpreted, and some aren't exactly polite.
>> No. 79349
>>79348

You bring your index and ring finger to your forehead preferably with your right hand and draw them away from your face.
>> No. 79350
>>79348
Yes, please. 'Two finger salute' in my county's slang means putting two fingers up, which means 'fuck off'.
>> No. 79352
>>79349
I guess this is what we mean, we surely don't want to insult our current best friend around.
>> No. 79353
If you ever go to a European country, never make the peace sign with the back of your hand out.

Just saying.
>> No. 79355
[ ] Jizz in your pants.
[x] Say good-bye with a two-finger salute, go home.
>> No. 79356
Two-finger salute it is. Writing.
>> No. 79357
Eh, I'll go with the good Doctor's idea, anyway.

[X] "It was my pleasure to escort such a lovely lady home. Sweet dreams."
>> No. 79358
File 123750051387.jpg - (197.94KB , 545x910 , nagi salute.jpg ) [iqdb]
79358
Something like this.
>> No. 79359
This CYOA reminds us that for a story to be good it doesn't need huge walls of text. Short, but fast updates. I didn't know I missed that so much.
>> No. 79360
... I hope you're keeping in mind that we mean the non-insulting version.
>> No. 79361
>>79359
It reminds me of GA:SD. Damn you Kira for dropping this.
>> No. 79363
>>79359

Agreed, Walls are wonderful but I missed fast paced CYOA like WUiG and MiG#1.

Of course, both combined is fuck awesome.
>> No. 79365
>>79361
I still maintain that if Kira wants nothing to do with GA:SD anymore then he should allow Doujin to pick it up.

Till then I'll keep a faint hope that it will rise again.
>> No. 79367
>>79365
I maintain that having another author take over a story is just stupid.
>> No. 79368
You raise two fingers of your right hand to your forehead, giving Kaguya a quick salute and a smile. She almost giggles.
"Tomorrow." She says as the gate starts to swing shut.
You nod. "Yeah, see you tomorrow."
She smiles and gives you a little wave of her fingers, then turns away, heading down the pathway towards the mansion. You stare after her for a moment, long black hair swaying behind her. Then you turn away as well.

The street is utterly deserted.
When Kaguya's footsteps vanish inside and you hear the door shut, utter quiet prevails. You're glad for that good luck charm Sanae gave you, really feels like you need it now.
You head out of the richer area of town, in and out of the pools of street-lighting. Nothing moves but you, not even the animals. As the sun finishes setting and night finally prevails, you shiver in your blazer. Too cold tonight.

She's following you again. Or someone is. You can feel it when you get about halfway home. A crawling sensation between your shoulder blades.
You glance behind you, but the presence is even more ghostly than last time. No footsteps, just a feeling.

You're less than three blocks from home when the wind suddenly picks up, coming from nowhere. Fingers of air hurry you onwards, but behind the noise of the wind you can hear something, a scraping, thump, scrape, thump. Too big to be a person.

In the next street across.

The wind tousles your hair, blowing towards home.

[ ] Go home.
[ ] Check out the noise.
>> No. 79369
>>79359

I'm sure there are other writers who would update faster if they got faster votes. Too bad we can only have one quick story.
>> No. 79370
[ ] Check out the noise.
>> No. 79371
{X} Go home.
>> No. 79372
[x] Go home.

That molesting wind is back.
>> No. 79373
[x] Check out the noise.
Come on, you have to be curious a little bit.
>> No. 79374
[x] Check out the noise.

I'm feeling adventurous, and will easily fall into the "some power = invincibility" mindtrap.
>> No. 79375
[X] "Yeah, see you tomorrow".
[X] "Oh, and Kaguya? Looking at porn is completely natural. Just forget I ever opened up your web browser, okay?".
[X] Flash her an innocent smile, wave, and head home.
>> No. 79377
[x] Go home.

We're about to talk to Satori, and you're going to not follow what we've had several people tell us? Given the way we've set up Anon in this, we'd mention it during the conversation and she'd be disappointed in us.
>> No. 79378
[x] Go home.
>> No. 79379
[x] Go home.

Satorin~
>> No. 79380
>>The wind tousles your hair, blowing towards home

Wow, it's almost as if the wind was trying to tell us to go home. Why does that seem so odd...
>>that good luck charm Sanae gave you
>>Sanae Kotiya
>>Occupation: Wind Priestess

LISTEN TO THE WIND.

{X} Go home.
>> No. 79381
[x] Start singing loudly: "WHEN THE MOON HITS YOU EYE LIKE A BIG PIZZA PIE, THAT'S AMORE!"
[x] Go home.
>> No. 79382
[x] Go home.
>> No. 79383
[X] Go home.

Are we ready for this? No.

We will be at some point, but not yet. Information comes before exploration.
>> No. 79384
I think that's settled. Writing.
>> No. 79385
[ ] Go home.

Alright, Kanako, I get it.
>> No. 79387
You head home. You don't even want to know what's making that noise. What you saw in that video last night is making you paranoid and scared for no reason. Just get home, call Satori. Get some answers.

==

Home is welcoming and warm. Dinner and concerned words from your parents is just as welcoming.

A little while later you're sitting on your bed, Satori's note unfolded in front of you, phone in your hand. Your heart is a little erratic, but you take a deep breath. You're just calling a girl on the phone, that's all.
You punch the numbers in and raise the phone to your ear. It rings five times and you start to wonder if Satori is busy, when it finally clicks.
"H-hello?" Satori's gentle voice asks.
"Hi Satori, it's me." You say.
"Oh! Oh, hello!" She sounds cheerful.
You don't really know what to say next. Phone conversations like this are sort of awkward.

"I saw you heading home with Youmu earlier today." You say.
"Oh, yeah." Satori says. "Sorry for ignoring you."
"That's okay. I ... well I just wanted to ask what that was all about."
Satori pauses for a long time, long enough that you wonder if the connection got cut somehow.
"Satori?"
"Yes, sorry." She says, then takes a deep breath. "I ... I need to meet you, I can't tell you like this."
"What, now? It's pitch dark outside." You say, frowning. She gives you her phone number then she still can't tell you what's up? This is getting silly.
"Y-yes." She hesitates. "Right now."
You frown deeper. "You told me not to go out at night."
Silence.
"I ... I did, yes." She says. "But, uh, it should be okay tonight."
"I don't know if that's a good idea. Are you sure?" You twitch the curtains aside and look out at the dark streets.
"If ... if you don't then ... I don't know what's going to happen to me." She says.

Oh, shit.

"Satori, what's the matter?" You ask. "What happened?"
She just sniffs. "You've got to come over to where my house is." She gives you a street name, one on the other side of town. "Please."
"I don't understand Satori, what's-"
The call cuts off suddenly. You re-dial her number.

"The phone you are calling is currently switched off or out of signal range. The phone you are calling is-"

You slam the phone down.

Shit.

[ ] Don't go.
[ ] Go.
>> No. 79388
[X] Go. Run. Now.
>> No. 79390
[X] Go. Run. Now
>> No. 79391
[x] Go. Run. Now.
>> No. 79392
[x] Go.

ONWARD!
>> No. 79393
[x] Go. Run. Now.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 79394
[x] Go. Run. Now.
>> No. 79395
[x] Go.
[x] Go.
[x] Go.
[x] Go.
>> No. 79396
at great personal risk,
GO
do not forget any and all things that we possess and could be usefull, such as the brass knuckles, cellphone, and a flashlight.
>> No. 79397
[x] Go. Run. Now.
>> No. 79398
[X] Don't go.

Nah...
>> No. 79399
Understood!

Once more into the breach, dear friends.
>> No. 79400
[X] Go. Run. Now.
Fuck, i don't care even if we die, a friend is at stake, possibly the only one we can genuinely trust.
>> No. 79402
[X] Go. Run. Now.

Fuck! Break through the window and hit the ground the ground running! Satori must be saved!
>> No. 79403
>>79399

Hey Sol, when is the period you can write the most?
>> No. 79404
[x] Go. Make like a banana and split. Ride like the wind. Whatever. Zoom.
>> No. 79405
[X] Go. Run. Now.
>> No. 79406
[X] Go. Run. Now.

...I'm getting a little suspicious of Satori. What if she's setting up a trap for us? Regardless, I still want to see what this is about.
>> No. 79407
Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!

Shoes, brass knuckles, pullover, torch. You grab Sanae's good luck charm from your school blazer and jam it into your pocket.

You memorise the route to the street Satori named. Past the school and the high street, keep going, up, first left, across the intersection, there.
You're out the door in a flash.

There's nobody outside. Why bother not looking suspicious? You run.
You've got a lot of ground to cover though, so you pace yourself. The wind buffets your face, getting in your way and making it difficult to hear things. You keep having to slow down and stop between the streets, waiting and listening.
Scraping, bumping, thumping. You avoid all the noises, going around the long way, looping back to avoid whatever the hell it is that's wrong with this insane town. Only one thing burns in your mind, getting to wherever Satori is. You can't let the one possible lead you have vanish.
More importantly, Satori! Your mind screams at you. Don't let her ... what? Don't let her die? This is absurd, you're mad. This town is mad!

Past the silent school. Past the end of the deserted high street. Your feet are the only ones pounding in the night, your laboured breathing the only panting noise. The wind dies away, finally giving up.
Across the intersection, there. You stop at the end of a street you've never been to before. You frown, trying to slow your breathing, trying to get your bearings. The houses here, most of them are boarded up, old and rickety. This is where Satori lives? You walk to the middle of the street and glance around. How are you supposed to tell which house is hers?

A pair of soft footsteps sound, carried on the wind. You look to the end of the street.
The girl in the hooded top, Youmu, emerges around the corner, clear as day. She stands for a moment in a pool of street-lighting, then walks towards you. Her hood is up, her sword at her belt. She's carrying a length of wood in her right hand.

This isn't right.

She stops about fifteen feet away from you. Then she tips her hood back with one hand, staring at you with cold eyes. It's Youmu, definitely.
"What's going on?" You ask out loud. "Why are you here? Where's Satori?"
"She's not coming." Youmu says, expressionless. "We laid a trap for you."
"What?" Your eyes go wide, your blood running cold in your veins.
"Here, catch." Youmu throws you the piece of wood. You catch it, fumbling it in your cold hands. It's a wooden practice sword.
"What? What's going on?"
Youmu blinks and rolls her shoulders. "We took a vote. Three against six, you're not real. It's too implausible."
"I'm ... I'm what?" Satori's mad proclamation of you being 'real' echoes in your memory.

"The very fact you got this far, alive and without stirring up the hive, proves your guilt." She says.
"My what? What? What about Satori?" You ask numbly. Another girl speaking in riddles.
Youmu raises an eyebrow at you. "If it's any consolation, if you're a servant rather than a puppet, if you can feel anything inside that meat shell, then I suppose you'll want to know Satori is crying her eyes out. She hates lying."
You stare at Youmu, dumbfounded.
"What's this all about? I don't understand." You shake your head. "What's this for?" You nod at the wooden sword in your hands.
Youmu sighs and closes her eyes for a moment. Then she reaches down and draws her sword, cold steel ringing gently in the night. The glow of the street lights turns the blade orange as Youmu drops into a fighting stance.
"You probably don't need it, but it's just in case you're a plain human in Yukari's pay." She says.
"Why?"

"I won't kill an unarmed man." She says.

Youmu raises her sword, racing for you.

[ ] Run.
[ ] Fight [wooden sword]
[ ] Fight [brass knuckles]
[ ] Panic! Surrender!
>> No. 79408
[ ] Fight [brass knuckles]

We aren't a swordsman.
>> No. 79409
[x] Fight [brass knuckles]

I knew it.
>> No. 79410
File 123750676244.jpg - (83.10KB , 703x626 , Hibiki.jpg ) [iqdb]
79410
[x] Fight [brass knuckles]

Unleash the inner oni!
>> No. 79411
{X} Fight [brass knuckles]
>> No. 79412
[x] Fight [brass knuckles]
>> No. 79413
[X] Fight [brass knuckles]
Wood against steel= worthless, unless we can gain instant mastery and parry side-to-side, which is nearly impossible.
Brass against steel= Steel cuts in, gets stuck in some point.
We might be hurt, but.... Twist your arm, and her sword is broken.
>> No. 79414
[x] Fight [brass knuckles]

Turning tail and running won't get us anywhere.
>> No. 79416
[x] Fight [brass knuckles]
>> No. 79417
[x] Fight [brass knuckles]

Delicious trap~

I appreciate the sentiment, but offering an inferior version of her own weapon is insulting.
>> No. 79419
[x] Fight [brass knuckles]

>wooden sword
SCREW THE RULES I'M AN ONI
>> No. 79420
[x] Fight [brass knuckles]
>> No. 79421
[x] Fight [brass knuckles]
[Friendship sign]- FALCON PUNCH!
I refuse to hurt anyone too badly because of a mistake.

Also, reasoning with her a bit before fighting could be a good idea-
"If i'm a lump of meat that doesn't suppose to have any feelings, then why did i just rush like an idiot to an obvious trap if not to help someone i consider a friend?"
>> No. 79422
[x] Fight [brass knuckles].
[x] "Hates lying, huh? So do I."

Let's show her just how real this fist of ours is.
>> No. 79424
[x] Fight [brass knuckles]

Bitch we want answers and we are DEFINATELY not under Yukari(~n). Also,
>SCREW THE RULES I'M AN ONI
>> No. 79425
[x] Fight [brass knuckles].
[x] "Hates lying, huh? So do I."

>>79421
Yeah, this is a really poorly thought out plan.

Frankly, everything this group's doing is poorly thought out. I wonder if it's all a ploy.
>> No. 79427
[x] Fight [brass knuckles].
[x] "Hates lying, huh? So do I."
>> No. 79428
Okay, writing.
>> No. 79429
Probably really obvious theory: our choice in >>78545 dictated our abilities.

Anyway,

[X] Fight [brass knuckles and hot blood]
>> No. 79430
Cowardly Youmu is cowardly.
>> No. 79431
By the by, assuming it's not a flimsy piece of shit wooden sword, it'd actually be really hard to cut through it with a regular sword.

Swords aren't axes, they're used to slice/stab. They can only go through solid wood in silly animu. Still, brass knuckles would probably be more useful, as we're clearly fist masters.
>> No. 79432
>>79429
Makes you wonder what would have happened if we said "Mouse".
>> No. 79433
>>79431

Indeed, didn't Musashi use one? Or is my history wrong ...
>> No. 79434
>>79431
>we're clearly fist masters.
if you know what I mean.
>> No. 79435
>>79433
Musashi took the head of his opponent with a single strike of a crude blade carved from an oar, or so the story goes.
>> No. 79436
>>79433
Currently it's only a legend (like 90% of the stuff that are Musashi-related), but he was said to defeat Sasaki koujiro using a boat paddle, by landing a hit first, and declaring Kojiro's defeat, saying that Kojiro threw his saya into the sea, rendering the sword useless, and therefore losing the battle instantly.
There was no actual "wood vs metal" fight.

Also-
>>79431
Though quality Japanese Oak bokken are not easy to cut through at all, a good enough hit can simply break them. We are still talking about wood vs steel, and in this case, wood is simply useless.
>> No. 79437
>>79429
>>Probably really obvious theory: our choice in >>78545 dictated our abilities.

>>79432

Brass knuckles always there when you needed them, messed up Strength value in the stats screen, detecting Rinnosuke's lie.
>> No. 79438
>>79436
In direct hit versus direct hit, yeah, I guess wood will eventually lose.
For comparison, try breaking a table leg over something. Takes a while, it does eventually happen, but it takes a good while.
Then try doing it with a piece of metal.
>> No. 79439
File 123750871580.jpg - (121.47KB , 788x682 , swordswoman.jpg ) [iqdb]
79439
You hurl the wooden sword at Youmu as she rushes towards you, hoping to slow her down for a moment as you jam your brass knuckles on.
Her sword hisses through the air, slicing the wooden sword neatly in half ahead of her.

She is expressionless, like a marble statute in terrible motion as she brings the sword around at you. You hop backwards, putting your fists up as the sword cuts through the air where you were a moment earlier.
Better to take a blow to your hands or arms than in the chest or stomach.

Youmu side-steps around you, sword held in front of her. She's got too much reach, there's no way you'll get an opening like this. She's going to kill you.

The sword jabs, once to your left and you take the bait, diving to the right, as Youmu's foot comes up and connects with your chest, spending you sprawling to the floor.
"Shit!" You roll to the side she brings the sword down on your head, cutting a nick in the road.
You grab your chest and haul yourself up.
"You coward!" She roars at you, sudden fury breaking through. "Why don't you fight!?"

Need to-
No time to think, as she brings the sword up faster than your eyes can track. A figure of eight ends in a straight strike for your head, Youmu gritting her teeth like a madman.
Her rage has put her timing off. There's a gap.

You slip to the left, hurling yourself at her and under the arc of the sword, fist just missing her as you tumble in a heap to the ground together.
Your fist hits the pavement with a cracking noise, leaving the imprint of your knuckles behind in the concrete.
You stare in bewilderment. "What the fu-"

Youmu twists her feet underneath her and kicks you in the chest. You go flying, landing on your back and coughing with the sudden pain. Youmu hops back up, readying her sword again, glancing down at the crater you left in the pavement.
"What are you?" She narrows her eyes as you stand up.
You cough, trying to ignore the pain in your chest.

"An Oni." You say. "I think."

Youmu glares at you.

[ ] Go on the offensive.
[ ] Stay on the defensive.
[ ] Try to reason with her.
[ ] Try to make her mad again.
>> No. 79441
[X] Try to reason with her.

Lady you're fucking crazy holy shit calm the fuck down fuck
>> No. 79442
[x] Go on the offensive.

Oni like a good fight.
>> No. 79443
[ ] Go on the offensive.
[X] FALCON PUUUUUUUUUUUUNCH
>> No. 79444
[X] Stay on the defensive.
[X] Try to reason with her.

>>79438
What are we supposed to see?
>> No. 79445
{X} Go on the offensive.
>> No. 79447
[x] drop any weapon you have and face her with determination, more than willing to prove you are real and fear not death.

Determination. Youmu will see the determination in anon's eyes and realize even if he's not real, his determination is.

Or anon gets killed. Anything that happens will be cool.
>> No. 79448
>Your fist hits the pavement with a cracking noise, leaving the imprint of your knuckles behind in the concrete.
[ ] Go on the offensive.
[ ] Focus. She's trying to kill you. No need to hold back and pull any punches.
[ ] "Not real, huh? I'll show you just how real I am!"
>> No. 79449
[x] Try to make her mad again.
[x] Basics man, basics. Grin for all you're worth, slap her ass whenever you're able, feign amazement of her skills.
---[x] You made a crater, huh? Do it again, but this time, lift a chunk of concrete from the ground and hurl it at her.
>> No. 79450
[x] Go on the offensive.
>> No. 79451
[ ] Go on the offensive.
[ ] "It was supposed..."
[ ] "...to be..."
[ ] "...a METAPHOR!"
[ ] Punctuate with awesome fight-deciding punch.
>> No. 79453
[x] Go on the offensive.
[x] "It was supposed..."
[x] "...to be..."
[x] "...a METAPHOR!"
[x] Punctuate with awesome fight-deciding punch.
>> No. 79454
[x] Go on the offensive.
[x] Try to reason with her.
>> No. 79455
[x] Go on the offensive.
>> No. 79456
[x] Go on the offensive.
>> No. 79457
[x] Go on the offensive.
[x] "It was supposed..."
[x] "...to be..."
[x] "...a METAPHOR!"
[x] Punctuate with awesome fight-deciding punch

Real things use logic and have emotion!
>> No. 79458
File 123750962497.jpg - (48.09KB , 220x309 , tank.jpg ) [iqdb]
79458
[x] Go on the offensive.
[x] You made a crater, huh? Do it again, but this time, lift a chunk of concrete from the ground and hurl it at her.
>> No. 79459
[x] Go on the offensive.
[x] "It was supposed..."
[x] "...to be..."
[x] "...a METAPHOR!"
[x] Punctuate with awesome fight-deciding punch.

We are so dead.
>> No. 79460
[x] Go on the offensive.
[x] "It was supposed..."
[x] "...to be..."
[x] "...a METAPHOR!"
[x] Punctuate with awesome fight-deciding punch.
>> No. 79461
[x] Go on the offensive.
[x] "It was supposed..."
[x] "...to be..."
[x] "...a METAPHOR!"
[x] Punctuate with awesome fight-deciding punch.

This is going t get us killed.
>> No. 79462
[x] Go on the offensive.
[x] "It was supposed..."
[x] "...to be..."
[x] "...a METAPHOR!"
[x] Punctuate with awesome fight-deciding punch.
>> No. 79463
[x] Go on the offensive.
[x] "It was supposed..."
[x] "...to be..."
[x] "...a METAPHOR!"
[x] Punctuate with awesome fight-deciding punch.
>> No. 79464
[x] Stay on the defensive.
[x] Try to reason with her.

>She suddenly frowns and points at you. "Don't hit anyone else like that, I'm tougher than I look."
>You nod, not wanting to repeat the that again. "Sure."
>> No. 79465
[ ] Go on the offensive.
[ ] Focus. She's trying to kill you. No need to hold back and pull any punches.
[ ] "Not real, huh? I'll show you just how real I am!"
>> No. 79466
>>79464

One didn't even think about killing. What about the other?
>> No. 79468
>[x] "It was supposed..."
>[x] "...to be..."
>[x] "...a METAPHOR!"

What if it isn't? What if the protagonis really is an oni? So what there are no horns, untl now nobody has shoed any signs of wings/10%ears/eyes on the chest/tails.
>> No. 79469
>>79468

See:

>>79437
>> No. 79470
>>79469
OH AWESOME.

We're an oni now. Time to find some delicious lava alcohol.
>> No. 79471
>>79470

And hopefully find Suika and Yugi and become part of a Oni Trio.
>> No. 79472
>>79469
Nice. So if we had said "Gap Youkai"...
>> No. 79473
>>79469

Fantastic. I was worried that the current "Metaphor" write-in was going to affect our Oni-ness.
>> No. 79474
>>79472
I was pointing out the things before you decided to call yourself an Oni.
>> No. 79475
>>79474
They could have easily been mistaken as something else. Pointing out >>79437 isn't exactly the best example.
>> No. 79476
I can't complain, Oni is a rather good choice for a defensive type, but doesn't lack on offense as well.
Now we just need some small hax ability like everyone else.
>> No. 79477
[X] Go on the offensive.

Who the fuck cares if it's a metaphor
>> No. 79478
>>79476

Manipulation of Faces.

With our Fists.
>> No. 79479
Auto-sage is here!

New thread up shortly.
>> No. 79480
>>79476

Maybe males don't have hax.
>> No. 79493
>>79480
Even Kourin has his small hax.
>> No. 79499
>>79493

Can't really call that "hax".
>> No. 79656
>>79499
What matters isn't the size of the hax, but rather how you use it.