[Return]
Archived thread

File 12365511454.jpg - (970.34KB , 2500x2500 , a confusing web of touhous.jpg ) [iqdb]
77156 No. 77156
"Actually, yeah." You say. "Knowing some names around here would be really useful, fed up with introducing myself a hundred times."
Mima smiles at you. "Good. I might not look like much," oh how wrong she is, you think, as she puffs up with pride. "But I'm a good people-watcher, come on." She tugs on your arm and you follow her past the benches.
"What about your friends?" You ask.
"Oh." Mima says. "The blond one is Marisa, the other one is called Rika. They're sort of ... exhausting." She laughs. "But they're fun."
You swivel around to glance at Marisa and Rika. The former winks at you and makes an obscene gesture at Mima's back, but without malice. You don't know if you should blush or laugh.

Mima and you wander through the school grounds and she points people out, trying not to be too obvious, talking to you in a low voice.

==

"That's Alice, she's a bit of a loner." You peer over at the blond girl sitting alone in the sun with some sewing.

==

"Don't tell Aya too much about yourself or she'll put it in the school newspaper." Mima warns you.
"She's ... certainly energetic." You mutter, watching the skinny, light-looking girl bouncing on the balls of her feet and waving a camera about. "Who's that she's trying to photograph?"
"That's Suika."
"She seems ..."
"Incoherent?" Mima offers
"Yes." You agree
"She's often like that, but she's friendly, you'll like her, just don't let her land a punch." Mima says.
"But she's tiny."
"Don't let that fool you. Looks are deceiving." Mima laughs as Suika grumbles something and Aya finally gets a snap of her face.

==

"Are they sisters?" You ask.
"Who?"
"The little ones over-"
"Ah! Don't point at them!" Mima waves your hand down.
"Wh-"
"You don't want the Scarlets taking any interest in you." Mima says, frowning.
"Bu-"
"No buts. They'll eat you alive."
"What, literally?"
Mima shrugs. "Who knows? Maybe."

==

"Oh. That's Sanae." Mima waves. "Hey Sanae!"
"She didn't hear you."
"Pity. She's nice."
"Just nice?"
Mima looks up at you. "Why? You like what you see?" She smirks.
You bluster for a moment. "No, not like that." Okay, a little. Only saw that girl at a distance though.

==

"Hi Wriggle."
"Oh!" It's the nervous tomboy from before. "Hi Mima!" She stammers, steadfastly refusing to meet your eyes.
"Met the new guy yet?"
"N-n-n-no." Wriggle says, finally turning to you with a fixed, frozen smile full of nerves.
"I won't bite." You say after introducing yourself, trying to lighten her up.
"Oh." Wriggle says in a small voice. Mima laughs, but tries to stifle it.
As you head away you spot Cirno running up to Wriggle, chattering and pointing excitedly at you. Looks like you made at least one good impression this morning.

==

"Is that a textbook she's reading?" You ask.
"Oh, Akyu? Probably."
"She's ... "
"Hey Akyu!" Mima calls over. "What are you reading today?"
The small girl glances up at you and Mima, eyes peering over the top of her book. She turns the volume on its side so you can see the title.
"Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire." You read. "Shit, isn't that a bit-"
"She's cleverer than either of us will ever be. She was born clever, relax."

==

"That's Kaguya. She's distant royalty or something."
"She doesn't look it." You say, instantly regretting the words. Kaguya doesn't look bad, just tired. Mima laughs.
"She's sort of er, obsessive?"
You nod, watching Kaguya's expression of concentration as she stabs at the screen of a nintendo DS.

==

"Morning Hina." Mima says.
"A most wonderful morning it is to you too Mima." The girl in front of you says. "And who is this gentleman?" She looks at you, a prim smile on her face.
"Er ... pleased to meet you." You say, unable to stop yourself slipping into polite speech for some reason.
"The pleasure is all mine." She says, giving a little bow of her head. "But I'm afraid I'm needed elsewhere at the moment. I hope I have time to speak to you again, good bye." She drifts past you on short, measured steps. You stare after her for a moment. Mima pokes you and laughs.
"Sorry." You say.
"Nah, she has that effect on everyone."

==

A little while later you and Mima are almost back where you started. You've forgotten more names than you remember, but it feels like you've got some kind of handle on this place now.
"Well, I hope I've done my job to satisfaction." Mima says in mock-polite, finally letting go of your arm and stepping away from you, putting her hands on her hips and smirking. "Now, I'm hungry and I'm gonna go find my friends, you coming?"

[ ] Sure, go with Mima and meet her friends.
[ ] Excuse yourself, go try striking up a conversation with someone you just met.
[ ] Excuse yourself, see if you can go find Reimu again.
[ ] Excuse yourself, go looking for Satori.

>> No. 77157
[X] Excuse yourself, go try striking up a conversation with Hina.
>> No. 77158
[ ] Excuse yourself, see if you can go find Reimu again.
>> No. 77159
[X] Excuse yourself, see if you can go find Reimu again.

Why is it impossible to not LOVE Hina? Doesn't matter in which story, she's always wonderful
>> No. 77161
>You nod, watching Kaguya's expression of concentration as she stabs at the screen of a nintendo DS.
I was kind of excepting this, but nice.
>"A most wonderful morning it is to you too Mima." The girl in front of you says. "And who is this gentleman?" She looks at you, a prim smile on her face.
Hina~

[X] Inventory
[X] Status check (Ability scores included, if possible)

[X] Excuse yourself, go try striking up a conversation with someone you just met. Wriggle.
>> No. 77162
[X] Excuse yourself, go looking for Satori.
>> No. 77163
[ ] Sure, go with Mima and meet her friends.

Mima~
>> No. 77164
[X] Excuse yourself, see if you can go find Reimu again.
We said later, now is later.
Get to it.
>> No. 77165
[x] Sure, go with Mima and meet her friends.
>> No. 77166
[X] Excuse yourself, go looking for Satori.
>> No. 77167
[X] "Lunch together? If you don't mind, I'd rather save that until I can have you all to myself. Make it a special occasion."
[X] Excuse yourself, go try striking up a conversation with Wriggle.

Ah, Mima, I'd rather have lunch with you in private, where your friends can't distract us.

Now, Hina's busy, so Wriggle it is.

Mima, Wriggle, Hina... my targeting systems are going haywire!
>> No. 77168
[X] Excuse yourself, see if you can go find Reimu again.
>> No. 77169
[z] Excuse yourself, see if you can go find Reimu again.
>> No. 77170
File 123655282897.jpg - (171.73KB , 603x573 , 1234593075412.jpg ) [iqdb]
77170
[\!/] Excuse yourself, see if you can go find Reimu again.
>> No. 77175
Reimu? Not Wriggle? Or Hina? Or go wave your DS around in front of Kaguya?

Have it your way~
>> No. 77178
File 123655482629.gif - (385.99KB , 200x124 , mcowned.gif ) [iqdb]
77178
>>77175

I will have it my way, Mr.McDonald.
>> No. 77180
"If you don't mind, I think I'm going to go wander around alone for a bit, get used to the place." You say.
"Okay." Mima nods. "See you later." She turns away, giving you a little wave as she heads over to join her friends.

You probably shouldn't be doing this, but the curiosity is too great now. What was all that hate between Reimu and Mima about? You pull a sandwich out of your bag and start munching while you walk back to the spot where you first bumped into Reimu. Same place, same people still hanging around. There she is, sitting alone on a bench, picking at a bag of crisps and flicking through a book. She doesn't look so bad now she's relaxed a little. You swallow the rest of your sandwich and take a couple of steps towards her, clearing your throat.
"Hi." You say.
She doesn't look up. "What do you want?"

You just stand there for a moment, wrong-footed by her rudeness. Maybe she's still upset about Mima?
"Er, sorry about earlier." You say. "I didn't mean to be nasty and I wondered what you were trying to say when Mima interrupted you."
Reimu still doesn't look up, but she sighs.
"I was going to ask if you were new." She snaps her book shut with one hand, finally glaring up at you. "And you obviously are because you don't know when to stop bothering me and fuck off."

[ ] This isn't worth the effort. Just leave her alone.
[ ] Be rude right back to her.
[ ] Stay calm, she obviously isn't good with people.
[ ] Ignore her rudeness. Ask her what problem her and Mima have with each other.
>> No. 77182
[X] "Well, sorry to bother you then. See you around, i guess", while you turn away and leave.
[X] Search for Hina or Wriggle, whoever you bump into first. Those two seem friendly enough.
>> No. 77184
[X] Inventory
[X] Status check (Ability scores included, if possible)
Oh come on, we need to know this stuff.

[X] "Well, sorry to bother you then. See you around, I guess", while you turn away and leave.
[X] Search for Hina or Wriggle, whoever you bump into first. Those two seem friendly enough.
>> No. 77185
[x] Inventory & Status

[x] "Well, sorry to bother you then. See you around, I guess", while you turn away and leave.
[x] Search for Hina or Wriggle, whoever you bump into first. Those two seem friendly enough.
>> No. 77186
[x] Inventory & Status

[x] "Well, sorry to bother you then. See you around, I guess", while you turn away and leave.
[x] Search for Hina or Wriggle, whoever you bump into first. Those two seem friendly enough.
>> No. 77187
[x] Inventory & Status

[+] "Well, sorry to bother you then. See you around, I guess", while you turn away and leave.
[+] Search for Hina or Wriggle, whoever you bump into first. Those two seem friendly enough.
>> No. 77189
[x] Inventory & Status

[+] "Well, sorry to bother you then. See you around, I guess", while you turn away and leave.
[+] Search for Satori.

Remember, Satori?

The girl who was tickled pink at meeting us?

The girl who we unintentionally ditched?


Jesus Christ, we're an asshole.
>> No. 77190
>>77189
Satori was sent off by Mima, which really acted like an asshole. We can apologize in class, since it wasn't really our fault or even our intention.

>[X] "Well, sorry to bother you then. See you around, i guess", while you turn away and leave.
>[X] Search for Hina or Wriggle, whoever you bump into first. Those two seem friendly enough.

Hell yeah, this is my 5th write in today that gets accepted by everyone. I'm on fire.
>> No. 77191
[x] Inventory & Status

[x] "Well, sorry to bother you then. See you around, I guess", while you turn away and leave.
[x] Search for Aya, get in the newspaper club.
>> No. 77193
>>77189
There will be time to hang out with her later.
...We're in the same class, we can apologize.

...

;_;
>> No. 77194
Loading Inventory ...

- School uniform (equipped).
- Assorted school books and pens.
- Chicken sandwich.
- Nintendo DS (New Super Mario Brothers in cartridge slot.)
- Knuckle duster, right-hand, slightly bent. (Didn't you leave this at home? Hmm.)
- Wallet, containing about ¥2000

Loading Status Screen ...

Health - 100%
No Status Abnormality.

Charisma - High.
Intelligence - Medium-High.
Strength - //error// Data corrupt.
Agility - Medium.

Returning to game ...

===

That's all for tonight, got to get to sleep. More updates tomorrow. Hope you're all enjoying it so far.
>> No. 77195
File 123655925511.jpg - (265.39KB , 700x1100 , fifth-grade elementary student loli.jpg ) [iqdb]
77195
>>77189
>> No. 77205
> Nintendo DS (New Super Mario Brothers in cartridge slot.)
what!? no R4?
[x] Stay calm, she obviously isn't good with people.
>> No. 77206
[x] Be rude right back to her.
>> No. 77207
[ ] Stay calm, she obviously isn't good with people.
>> No. 77209
[X] "Nope, guess I don't."
>> No. 77223
[X] "Well, sorry to bother you then. See you around, I guess", while you turn away and leave.
[X] Search for Hina or Wriggle, whoever you bump into first. Those two seem friendly enough.

I like both, though I suspect we'll sooner find Wriggle. Hina seemed as though she had somewhere to be.
>> No. 77229
>>77102
>small figures dashing about, kicking a ball back and fourth.
"And that is how we danmaku at school."
>> No. 77230
[✗] "Well, sorry to bother you then. See you around, I guess", while you turn away and leave.
[✗] Search for Satori.
>> No. 77231
[x] "Well, sorry to bother you then. See you around, I guess", while you turn away and leave.
[x] Search for Wriggle, Satori, or Patchy that purple-haired girl from class, whoever you bump into first.
>> No. 77232
>>77231
add Rinnosuke to that last. cbf to delete it and repost.
>> No. 77233
[x] "Well, sorry to bother you then. See you around, I guess", while you turn away and leave, "It was nice meeting you."
[x] Search for Wriggle, Satori, Rinnosuke or that purple-haired girl from class, whoever you bump into first. If none, then go chat up with the so-called princess! See if she wants co-op or something...

A shame I missed today's session. Stupid work....
>> No. 77237
File 123659065629.jpg - (219.12KB , 711x631 , youre_real.jpg ) [iqdb]
77237
[✗] "Well, sorry to bother you then. See you around, I guess", while you turn away and leave.
[✗] Search for Satori.
>> No. 77240
[X] "Well, sorry to bother you then. See you around, I guess", while you turn away and leave.
[X] Search for Satori.
>> No. 77242
[X] "Well, sorry to bother you then. See you around, I guess", while you turn away and leave.
[X] Search for Hina or Wriggle, whoever you bump into first. Those two seem friendly enough.

Why are green haired touhous so aweosme?

>>77237
HHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNGNGGGGGGGGGG
>> No. 77249
>>77237
I have been blessed, with art.

That is seriously awesome, thank you Pyg. I guess I'm doing a lot of things right with this story to get that after less than 2 whole threads.

Anyway, here we go.
>> No. 77251
You weren't quite expecting that.
"Well, sorry to bother you then." You say, awkwardly scratching your head. "See you around, I guess."
"Whatever." Reimu opens her book again, ignoring you.

That was somewhat frustrating, you decide it best to just leave her alone now, not like saying anything else is going to make a difference. Guess Mima was right, Reimu really is a pain to deal with. Some of the nearby students are looking at you with a kind of worried awe, presumably for going up to Reimu like that. One guy gives you a thumbs up and a grin that says 'well done not dying.' You roll your eyes and laugh.

You fish the other sandwich out of your bag and spend a few minutes wandering. Plenty of people to go talk to, though Mima did all but warn you off from some of them. Pity that Hina girl was busy, she really was quite something. You head roughly back to where you met her, out of some kind of forlorn hope, but she's nowhere to be seen.

"Oh hey!" A voice calls over the general hubbub. "Hey, over here!"
You glance around to see Cirno climbing up onto a bench to get enough height to wave to you. You smile in surprise and head over to her and Wriggle.
"Hey again." Cirno says from her vantage point up on the bench, hands on her hips.
"Hi Cirno" You say, looking up at her with no small amusement. Wriggle just sits there, staring at you, a little wide-eyed.
"I told you the new guy was nice!" Cirno turns to wriggle. "See! He bought me chocolate."
"He ... he what?" Wriggle suddenly becomes a little more animated, looking up at Cirno open-mouthed.
"Anyway!" Cirno says, hopping off the bench, holding her skirt in place to stop it flapping up. "Wriggle, you should relax!" Cirno puts both hands on Wriggle's head and gleefully ruffles her hair.
"Arh! Get off!" Wriggle turns bright red and shakes Cirno off, trying to flatten her hair down again, steadfastly ignoring your gaze.

[ ] Explain the incident with the chocolate bar this morning.
[ ] Reach over and ruffle Wriggle's hair more.
[ ] Cirno is right but her method is wrong, try saying something to relax Wriggle.
[ ] "Cirno, don't bug Wriggle like that."
>> No. 77252
[X] "Cirno, chill, no need to bug Wriggle."
>> No. 77253
☑ "Cirno, chill, no need to bug Wriggle."
>> No. 77254
[x] Cirno is right but her method is wrong, try saying something to relax Wriggle.
>> No. 77255
oh god the puns
[X] "Cirno, chill, no need to bug Wriggle."
>> No. 77256
>Cirno puts both hands on Wriggle's head and gleefully ruffles her hair.
Well done, my beloved tomboyish daughter.

[X] "Cirno, chill, no need to bug Wriggle."
>> No. 77258
[X] Cirno is right but her method is wrong, try saying something to relax Wriggle.
[X] "Cirno, chill, no need to bug Wriggle."
What? They go together nicely.

>Charisma - High.
No wonder Mima wants us so bad.
>> No. 77259
Puns. Writing.
>> No. 77260
File 123661538929.jpg - (136.77KB , 600x800 , nervous nightbug.jpg ) [iqdb]
77260
"Cirno, chill, no need to bug Wriggle." You say, trying to diffuse the situation a little. Wriggle is obviously really embarrassed by all this.
Both girls pause for a second and look up at in you shock, then at each other.
"What?" You ask.
Cirno bursts out laughing and Wriggle just turns a deeper shade of red, raking her fingers through her hair.
"Are you sure you're new?" Cirno asks through the laugher, leaning on Wriggle's shoulders to keep herself up. Wriggle tries to shrug her off.
"Er ... of course I'm new, what's so funny?"
"Pfft." Cirno manages to keep the second bout of laugher firmly inside. "Nothing, nothing."

Wriggle finally looks back up at you, but now she's got something else in her expression. Nerves? Worry? A little ... hurt?
"You don't have to mock me." She says in a very small voice.
"Wha- I didn't mean it like that. I just-"
"Ah come on Wriggle, he doesn't know what he's saying." Cirno says.
You can't help but grin. "Well, what was I saying, exactly?" This must be some kind of private joke between them.
"Well, you know ... " Cirno starts, concentrating for a moment. "That I was being a little cold towards Wriggle just then." She smirks at you.
"Cirno!" Wriggle whines.
You glance between them, at a total loss for words. "What?"

The bell for the end of lunch suddenly rings, making Cirno let of Wriggle's shoulders and hop backwards.
"Later." Cirno says, giving a little wave and dashing off.
All the students start getting up, heading back indoors, chatter filling the air. Wriggle glances up at you nervously.

[ ] Head back to class, Wriggle will catch up with you if she wants.
[ ] Wait for her, head back together.
[ ] Do something forward, offer her your arm.
[ ] Ruffle her hair again.
>> No. 77261
[x] Wait for her, head back together.
>> No. 77262
>This must be some kind of private joke between them.
I can't wait to see the explanation behind that one.
>> No. 77263
[X] Wait for her, head back together. Apologize for your actions that made her uncomfortable and ask her if she could show you around town since you had gotten shown around school already, you're not very familiar with places in town yet anyway.
>> No. 77264
[X] Wait for her, head back together. Apologize for your actions that made her uncomfortable.
>> No. 77267
[X] "Look, Wriggle, I'm not sure what it was I said, but if I offended you, I really am sorry. If I ever do something like that, just be sure to tell me, alright? It bothers me to think I might be going around upsetting cute girls."
[X] Do something forward, offer her your arm.

Wriggle~
>> No. 77272
Hitting on everything that moves is a bad thing to do on our first day.

[X] Wait for her, head back together. Apologize for your actions that made her uncomfortable- let her know you truely feel bad about upsetting her.
>> No. 77273
[X] Ruffle her hair again.
How can you not vote this?
>> No. 77274
>>77273
Because she'll just run away, probably freaked out.
[X] Wait for her, head back together. Apologize for your actions that made her uncomfortable.
-Give her a warm smile, while at it.
>> No. 77276
>>77272

No, it lets people know we're impartial.

But maybe I've just been longing for a bluntly honest protagonist who's willing to tell all the touhoes that, yes, they are in fact quite pretty, without batting an eye.
>> No. 77277
[x] Wait for her, head back together.
>> No. 77279
[X] Wait for her, head back together. Apologize for your actions that made her uncomfortable

Apologizan games
>> No. 77281
[x] Wait for her, head back together. Apologize for your actions that made her uncomfortable.
>> No. 77284
[X] Wait for her, head back together. Apologize for your actions that made her uncomfortable
[X] Ruffle her hair again.

I swear, one day, we will lose our hand rufflin hair.
>> No. 77286
Updates, WHERE?
>> No. 77290
>>77286
Writefag had to do work and then got hungry. Updates at speed for the rest of the evening. Writing now.
>> No. 77295
[X] "Look, Wriggle, I'm not sure what it was I said, but if I offended you, I really am sorry. If I ever do something like that, just be sure to tell me, alright? It bothers me to think I might be going around upsetting cute girls."
[X] Do something forward, offer her your hand.

Go go forward protagonist!
>> No. 77298
Wriggle hesitates as you wait for her to get up.
"Are you ... " She pauses. "Are you going to go?" She just stands there, wringing her hands with nervousness.
"We're in the same class, thought we may as well walk back together."
"Oh." She says, taking a couple of steps.
"Sorry if I made you uncomfortable back there." You say, smiling at her. "I didn't mean anything by it."
Wriggle bites her lip, gulps, but finally meets your eyes as you walk, blending with the rest of the crowd of students. "That's okay." She says, a little smile creasing her features. Now that's cute. You feel a little pang of regret at not ruffling her hair earlier, that short little bob suits her face when she smiles.

Your thoughts must have shown, because she looks away, going a little red around the cheeks. You laugh it off inside, but she is extremely cute for someone so nervous and skittish. Once back inside the school she climbs the stairs in silence, too unsure of herself to say anything more. Poor girl, she needs some confidence. Back inside the classroom Wriggle gives you another nervous little smile before sitting down and rummaging through her books. The sunlight coming in through the windows is past its peek now, well into the afternoon, making Wriggle's hair almost glow.

"Hey!"
It's Satori, at the back of the classroom again. You glance at her and she waves you over urgently, a worried look on her face. The teacher isn't here yet, and from the looks of it neither is Rinnosuke, you have a few more minutes.

[ ] Ignore Satori, she's just crazy. Talk to Wriggle for a moment longer.
[ ] Go over and see what Satori wants.
>> No. 77300
[✓] Go over and see what Satori wants.
>> No. 77301
[X] Go over and see what Satori wants.
Wriggle probably wants some time alone. And it's about time we got back to Satori.
>> No. 77302
[X] Go over and see what Satori wants.
IGNORE Satori?
What kind of a horrible heartless monster would do that?
>> No. 77303
File 123663192033.jpg - (104.77KB , 622x875 , wriggle182.jpg ) [iqdb]
77303
[X] When the light hits her like, Wriggle looks...
[X] Softly to yourself: "Beautiful..."
[X] Shake yourself out of your reverie.
[X] Excuse yourself politely, and go over and see what Satori wants.

O, Wriggle, how you make my heart flutter.
>> No. 77304
[X] Go over and see what Satori wants.
>> No. 77305
Done. Writing.
>> No. 77306
[x] Go over and see what Satori wants.
>> No. 77316
"Oh, I'll see you later Wriggle." You say.
"Ah ... b-bye!" She says.

You walk over to Satori, she looks agitated. When you reach her desk she stands up and leans close, peering into your face.
"Uh, hi." You say, unnerved by this turn of behaviour.
"When did you get here?" She asks.
"Here? Couple of minutes ago."
She frowns and shakes her head. "No, I mean to the town."
"Oh, a few days ago. Not really had a chance to settle in yet."
Satori's breath catches in her throat, eyes going a little wide.
"What's the matter?" You frown. "I'll be fine," you say with a shrug. "Won't take me long, I'll feel at home soon en-"
"No." Satori says, breathless. "Listen, you haven't been here through the summer, you ... " She trails off.
"What is it?" You ask. Satori leans even closer, so close you can smell her, soft and feminine, she stands on tiptoes and her hair brushes against your face as she whispers in your ear.

"Don't go outside at night."

She pulls back from you, glancing around as if worrying about people overhearing.
"Don't go-"
"Shhh!" She interrupts you, putting a finger to your lips. "Don't!"
You stare at her in shock for a moment. "Don't?"
She shakes her head, utterly serious. "Just don't."

[ ] Just nod.
[ ] Laugh, this is too much.
[ ] "What?"
[ ] "Okay, sure."
[ ] "Why?"
>> No. 77319
[X] Nod.
[X] "Why?"
>> No. 77320
[✓] Just nod.

But I am intrigued.
>> No. 77323
[X] Nod.
[X] "Why?"

>>"Don't go outside at night."

We're going outside at night at some point, aren't we?
>> No. 77324
[x] "...You know that unless you tell me why, I'm only going to want to do it even more, right?"
[x] "And don't say it's for my own protection."
[x] "Or that I'm better off not knowing."
[x] "I'm not kidding about wanting to do it more. And I will ask around until someone tells me why, so you know."
>> No. 77325
[X] Nod.
[X] "Why?"
>> No. 77326
[X] "Don't worry, I will."

Bitch who the fuck do you think you are telling us what to do

Just for that, I'll go outside at 2AM wearing little more than a pair of pants and shouting "Hey everybody, look at me I love dicks"
>> No. 77327
The big plot-twist is going to be that there isn't any unnatural stuff going on, and the people on this school are just crazy and weird.
>> No. 77328
[X] "Why?"

EXPLAIN.
>> No. 77330
>>77327
That would be nice, but I'm still bracing for the moment when it becomes clear that something isn't right with the place, and the one person who not only seemed to know about it but tried to warn us against it mysteriously stops showing up to class.

That, or with the situation of being a new student in a town with a secret who has a green-haired schoolmate who is trying to keep him from finding out too much about it, and we're a burnt-to-death Eirin-in-a-barrel from trading in our knucledusters for a baseball bat and having ourselves a little FEE-AY-STAH.
>> No. 77332
Why? Why.

Writing.
>> No. 77333
[X] Nod.
[X] "But you at least got to give me a hint, without knowing anything, my curiosity might get the better of me"
>> No. 77336
You frown at Satori for a moment, before nodding. This is weird, but she must have a reason.
"Why?" You ask, keeping your voice quiet.
Satori gulps, looking into your eyes. "Just don't. It isn't safe. The town, at night."
Your turn to lean forwards now. "But why? You can't say something like that and not tell me why."
She bites her lip, obviously pained now, nearly shaking. "I ... not yet."
You frown. "Sorry?"
"I'm supposed to listen. I'm sorry. For- ... forget I said anything!" She says, eyes pleading with you as she slumps back down into her chair.

"Okay, everyone settle down." The voice of the teacher finally floats into the room. You give Satori one last confused look as you take your seat. When you turn away from her, there's Rinnosuke, glaring over his shoulder at you. You lock eyes for a moment and he raises an eyebrow before looking away.

What the hell is going on here?

==

The day flashes by, still more new information to take in. New teachers, too much to remember all at once. After the sunlight starts to dim at about three thirty in the afternoon, the final bell of the school day rings. Students pick up their bags and the hustle and bustle resumes as you take a deep breath and close your eyes for a moment.
"Is he in here still?"
"Over there."
You open your eyes as footsteps approach your desk.

"Oh, hi Miss Onozu-"
"I said you can call me Komachi." She grins down at you. Focus on her face, dammit. You stand up and start gathering your things.
"Anyway." She drawls. "Came to see you after class because I forgot this morning, to tell you about club activities."
"Clubs?"
"Yeah." She says, blinking as if trying to wake herself up. "It's not mandatory but the bo- I mean, the Headmistress thought you should take a look, since you're new." Komachi gives you a big grin and a little wink, fishing a piece of paper out of her jacket pocket and handing it to you. Glancing down, it seems to be a list of all the clubs, along with the rooms they use after school.
"They'll be taking new members at the start of term anyway, so-" Komachi stifles a yawn. "Just go along and see if you're interested."
"Sure, thanks Miss O-"
"Komachi." She grins lazily. "Gotta be off, take care now."

You glance back down at the list, then around at the classroom again.

Shit, Satori's already left.

[ ] Go through the list now, see if there's anything interesting.
[ ] Try to catch up with Satori.
[ ] Head home, it's been a long day.
[ ] Wait a few moments for people to leave, then check Satori's desk.
[ ] Wait a few moments for people to leave, then check Rinnosuke's desk.
>> No. 77339
>[ ] Wait a few moments for people to leave, then check Satori's desk.
I'm tempted to pick this, but do we really have a pressing need to do so? You don't want to be rude, after all.

[X] Try to catch up with Satori.
>> No. 77340
[ ] Go through the list now, see if there's anything interesting.
>> No. 77341
[ ] Go through the list now, see if there's anything interesting.
>> No. 77342
[X] Go through the list now, see if there's anything interesting.
>> No. 77343
File 123663935974.jpg - (375.55KB , 1123x1600 , megane_06.jpg ) [iqdb]
77343
[\!/] Go through the list now, see if there's anything interesting.

Schoolbug.
>> No. 77347
[x] Go through the list now, see if there's anything interesting.

in b4 occult club
>> No. 77348
[✓] Go through the list now, see if there's anything interesting.
>> No. 77349
No following Satori? No snooping? Writing~
>> No. 77350
>>77343
megane 06.jpg?
>> No. 77351
[X] Go through the list now, see if there's anything interesting.
>> No. 77353
File 123664119245.jpg - (404.87KB , 1123x1600 , megane_07.jpg ) [iqdb]
77353
>>77349

>No following Satori? No snooping?
Those are ungentlemen like actions.

>>77350

Doujin.
>> No. 77354
>>77353

Sometimes, we're going to need answers and no one's going to willingly divulge anything we'll need to advance forward. Playing only the gentleman all the time can only take you so far.
>> No. 77355
As the room slowly empties of students, you lean against the desk and scan the list of clubs. Not many actually, the number of students in the school is quite small compared to some places. Guess Gensokyo isn't as big as it looks. Some you skip over without even thinking, sports you're not interested in or subjects that barely cross your mind.

School's Newspaper? Guess that's run by that Aya girl. Maybe you should try your hand at journalism?

Swimming? Looks sort of promising, but do you really want to spend your time on that?

Kendo. Standard, but still tempting. Wouldn't mind that. Good workout at least.

Music! Hmm ... maybe, but you haven't got any natural talent.

Computers and technology? That's a club? This school has relaxed standards.

Something near the bottom of the list seems to have been added in pencil and then rubbed out again. You can't quite make it out. Odd. This list is a bit disappointing really, nothing much that catches your eye straight off, though Kendo might be useful one day, and 'computers & technology' sounds a little suspicious.

[ ] Go check out one of clubs.
[ ] Just head home for now.
[ ] Room's almost empty. Check Satori's desk.
[ ] Room's almost empty. Check Rinnosuke's desk.
>> No. 77356
>>77350
Before you ask for further source, it's Touhou Megane by Itou Life.
http://www.mediafire.com/?tkdjez11vzj
>> No. 77361
File 123664214639.jpg - (32.21KB , 640x480 , 1236142795527.jpg ) [iqdb]
77361
>>77354
Option C.

[\!/] Room's almost empty. Check Rinnosuke's desk.

Dirty fundoshi?
>> No. 77362
▶ Go check out one of clubs.
▷ School's Newspaper

Yeah, one might regret this, but Aya might know something about what goes on around here at night.
>> No. 77363
[X] Go check out one of clubs: computers & technology.
>> No. 77365
>>77354
It's a little soon for that, though, isn't it? Trying to run after her, even if we found her, probably meant missing out on talking to anyone else today. And I don't think we have enough reason to go snooping around in their desks when the classroom is "almost" empty.

[x] Go check out one of the clubs (Computers and technology)
Nitori option? With all these mysteries piling up, we could use a friend who's handy with the google.
>> No. 77366
[X] Go check out one of clubs.
--- School's Newspaper
>> No. 77367
[X] Go take a peek on one of the clubs, and head home.
-computers & technology

Just take a peek, and then head home. checking it properly and signing can wait a few more days.
>> No. 77369
[X] Go take a peek on one of the clubs, and head home.
-computers & technology

Sounds good enough. Hope it's Nitori and not Rika.
>> No. 77370
[X] Go take a peek on one of the clubs, and head home.
>> No. 77371
[X] Go take a peek on one of the clubs, and head home.
-computers & technology
>> No. 77372
Computers & technology eh?

Writing~
>> No. 77374
File 123664617814.jpg - (75.96KB , 700x465 , in the basement.jpg ) [iqdb]
77374
Computers and technology, huh? This sounds too good to be true. Either it's a couple of nerds with an old unix box or somebody stole some computer terminals to play Doom. You check the room number next to the name. Okay, time for this and then home. You can always find out about the other clubs another day if this turns out to be as bad as you expect. You head downstairs, then to the end of the corridor, counting room numbers.

Then you come to the stairs down. Wait, down? Well, this room number is BM-3 and you still haven't reached it. Basement? You head down the stairs, feeling the temperature drop a little. The floors here aren't quite as clean and without the daylight from the windows everything seems a little more artificial, a little more creepy. Pipes run overhead and bare wiring stands out along the walls. BM-1, BM-2, there it is.

No noise from inside. Are they not here on the first day of term or something? You knock on the door. No reply.

"Hello?" You call.
"Uh!" A surprised cry comes from inside the room. "Wuzzat?" Sounds like somebody waking up. Oh, now you feel embarrassed. You did get the room right, didn't you?
"Somebody's at the door." You hear the sleepy-voice saying.
"So? Get it." A too-loud stage-whisper replies.
"You get it!"
"No, you get it!"
"Poke Nitori, make her get it."
"What?" A third, surprised voice says.
"Get the door."
"Why?"
"There's someone there."

A chair clatters back and you hear someone getting up.

[ ] They're slow. Just open the damn door yourself.
[ ] Hide behind the corner. This'll be funny.
[ ] Just wait.
>> No. 77377
[x] Hide behind the corner. This'll be funny.
>> No. 77378
[X] Hide behind the corner. This'll be funny.
[X] Make creepy ghost noises.
>> No. 77379
[X] Just wait.
>> No. 77381
[X] Hide behind the corner. This'll be funny.
[X] Make creepy ghost noises.

DOHOHOHOHOHO
>> No. 77382
[x] Hide behind the corner. This'll be funny.
[x] Call for "Nitori" with a creepy ghost voice.
>> No. 77383
[X] Just wait.

pushing against the tide here ...
>> No. 77384
In b4 Sol goes to sleep, it always happen during times like this.
>> No. 77385
[X] Just wait.
>> No. 77386
[X] Hide behind the corner. This'll be funny.
[X] Make creepy ghost noises.
>> No. 77387
[X] Hide behind the corner. This'll be funny.
[X] Make creepy ghost noises.

And if it's Nitori-
[x] Call for "Nitori" with a creepy ghost voice.
>> No. 77388
>>77384
Don't be so sure.

Creepy ghost noises? I love you Anonymous.
>> No. 77389
File 123664850374.jpg - (57.38KB , 271x271 , 1229154665657.jpg ) [iqdb]
77389
>>77388
>> No. 77390
You're not entirely sure what comes over you, but suddenly you duck around the corner next to the door, stilling your breathing and waiting for the approaching footsteps to reach the door. You almost laugh, but manage to stop yourself. This is going to great, you're such a bastard.

The door clicks open.
"Hello?" A pause. "There's nobody here!"
"There was!" The sleepy voice retorts.
"Well there isn't anyone here now." The third voice says. That's the one at the door, the one they called Nitori, right? Here goes.
"Niiitooooriiiii." You start off quiet, a low, undulating whisper.
Silence, but she doesn't shut the door.
"Guys, did you hear that?" She asks.
"Hear what?"
"That voice!" She sounds panicky now. "There was a vo-"
"Niiitoooriiiiii!" You say again, louder now, making the sound deep in your throat. It rolls down the corridor in waves of echo.
"Ah!" You hear her jump this time. "There's a voice! I swear there's a voice."
"I didn't hear anything."
"It's a ghost! Oh shit, guys, it's a ghost!"
"Oh dammit, not-" The no-longer-sleepy-voice says, starting to panic as well.
"Chiyuri!" Nitori says, suddenly all excited. "Get the net! The one with the electrodes! And the prod!"

Wait, what? This was not the intended effect.

"There are no ghosts out there Nitori." The girl who you assume to be Chiyuri replies.
Sleepy-voice chimes in. "It's someone messing with you, sit down, I want to play another round."
"I heard it! It was a ghost. Listen!" Nitori exclaims.

This is getting way out of hand. A loud clunking comes from the room, the sound of someone rummaging through large metal objects, accompanied by a sort of demented laugher.

[ ] Step into the doorway. Don't want this going any further.
[ ] More ghost noises! Lead Nitori into the corridor or something.
[ ] Run away.
[ ] Try "Chiiiiyuuuuriiiiii." Next, a little louder.
>> No. 77392
The part with Satori was giving me some serious Higurashi vibes, and that was before they started talking about clubs. Of course, I don't expect this to turn into some kind of paranoid murder mystery.

[x] They're slow. Just open the damn door yourself.
>> No. 77393
[X] Step into the doorway. Don't want this going any further.

Joke's over, this won't end well.
>> No. 77394
[X] Step into the doorway. Don't want this going any further.
>> No. 77395
[x] Try "Chiiiiyuuuuriiiiii." Next, a little louder.
>> No. 77396
[X] Step into the doorway. Don't want this going any further.
>> No. 77399
File 123664931557.jpg - (7.74KB , 331x240 , 1186061837124.jpg ) [iqdb]
77399
[X] More ghost noises! Lead Nitori into the corridor or something.

This is my rape-face.
>> No. 77402
[X] Step into the doorway. Don't want this going any further.
>> No. 77403
File 123665002463.jpg - (164.40KB , 1024x576 , 1231868817521.jpg ) [iqdb]
77403
>>77399
>> No. 77404
[X] Step into the doorway. Don't want this going any further.
>> No. 77405
[X] Step into the doorway. Don't want this going any further.
>> No. 77406
[x] Step into the doorway. "Did you guys hear something?"
>> No. 77407
Need sleep. More updates tomorrow!
>> No. 77408
[x] Step into the doorway. "Did you guys hear something?"

I like the way you think!
>> No. 77409
[X] Step into the doorway. Don't want this going any further.
>> No. 77410
[x] Step into the doorway. "Did you guys hear something?"
>> No. 77411
[x] Step into the doorway. "Did you guys hear something?"
>> No. 77412
>>77390
[X] Step into the doorway. "Did you guys hear something?"

This is the superior choice.
>> No. 77413
[X] Step into the doorway. "Did you guys hear something?"
>> No. 77415
[x] Step into the doorway. "Did you guys hear something?"

Dear god I live this CYOA.
>> No. 77416
[x] Step into the doorway. "Did you guys hear something?"
>> No. 77417
[x] Step into the doorway. "Did you guys hear something?"

This would be utterly awesome.
>> No. 77418
[X] Step into the doorway. "Did you guys hear something?"

I like this game.
>> No. 77420
[x] Step into the doorway. "Did you guys hear something?"
>> No. 77421
[x] Step into the doorway. "Did you guys hear something?"
>> No. 77434
[x] Step into the doorway. "Did you guys hear something?"
>> No. 77440
[x] Step into the doorway. "Did you guys hear something?"

Jesus christ, look at all those votes
>> No. 77446
[X] Try "Chiiiiyuuuuriiiiii." Next, a little louder.

Chiyuri~

Inb4 bonked with a hammer, a real ghost comes out, etc.
>> No. 77448
File 123667920560.jpg - (517.03KB , 1117x1035 , creep.jpg ) [iqdb]
77448
>> No. 77449
>>77448
>>77237

Win incarnate. Enough said.
[X] Try "Chiiiiyuuuuriiiiii." Next, a little louder.
>> No. 77451
>>77448
Dear god, FLAWLESS.
[x] Step into the doorway. "Did you guys hear something?"

That drawing almost made me vote something like
>[X] Glomp Nitori while going "hauu~ hauu~"
>> No. 77453
[x] Step into the doorway. "Did you guys hear something?"
>> No. 77454
Oh wow, from an attempt to freak her out to a perfect way to break the ice!
[x] Step into the doorway. "Did you guys hear something?"
>> No. 77473
>>77448

Pyg, you are incredible. Thank you. You have no idea how motivating these drawings have been.

100% probability of being hit by some 7minutes today, but I'll make up for it tonight.

Writing~
>> No. 77475
Any further and things might get messy. You smother your laughter and with one swift side-stepping motion you hop into the doorway, trying to look innocent.

You pause for a moment as you take in the room. It's smaller than a normal classroom, and four desks have been pushed together in the middle. Perched on this set-up are six computer monitors, all facing outwards, surrounded by other debris. Empty drink cans, bits of circuit board, a couple of stacks of PC games, a Sega Saturn controller and what you would swear is the remains of a gutted PS2. The computers themselves hum merrily away from under the desks, cables trailing everywhere.

A blond girl, you assume the one called Chiyuri, is sitting at one of the computers, swinging her legs back and fourth. She's quite short, looks a little young compared to the others, but is scowling at the computer screen with concentration. Another girl has her back turned to you, rummaging through a pile of stuff in the far corner. That must be the one who came to the door, Nitori. The third girl, obviously the sleepy-voice from earlier, is sprawled over a pair of bean-bag chairs towards the right of the computer-nest, clutching a DS. Mima pointed her out to you at lunchtime, right? Kaguya?

"Hey, did you guys hear something?" You say. They all look up in unison, Nitori spinning around to face you, holding a fishing net and bottle of foul, green-looking liquid.
"Ah ha!" She points, grinning maniacally. "Ghost!"
"I'm not a ghost!" You say, trying to smile and put your hands up.
"He's not a ghost, Nitori." Chiyuri says, rolling her eyes.
"Looks fleshy enough to me." Kaguya says, raising her eyebrows at you.
Nitori starts unscrewing the cap of the bottle. "Well if I spray him with-"

"No!" You exclaim, wishing to avoid being covered in whatever disgusting gunk she has there. "I'm not a ghost, I just ... "
Should you admit that? It's probably obvious, but Nitori looks so full of energy and joy that you almost can't bring yourself to.

[ ] Admit you were playing a prank.
[ ] Say "Sure, I'm a ghost," completely deadpan.
[ ] "I'm not a ghost, but I did hear a creepy voice!"
[ ] "Actually I was just here about joining your club."
>> No. 77476
[X] "I'm not a ghost, but I did hear a creepy voice!"
>> No. 77477
[x] "Actually I was just here about joining your club."
>> No. 77479
[X] Say "Sure, I'm a ghost," completely deadpan.
[X] "Actually this ghost is just here about joining your club."
>> No. 77480
[X] Say "Sure, I'm a ghost," completely deadpan.
[X] "Actually this ghost is just here about joining your club."

This club is excellent, but I'd still like to see Prismrivers at music club.
>> No. 77482
Whoa. Suddenly that Billie the Vision and the Dancers song started playing in my head.
>> No. 77483
[X] Say "Sure, I'm a ghost," completely deadpan.
[X] "Actually this ghost is just here about joining your club."

Nice. I liek.
>> No. 77484
[X] Say "Sure, I'm a ghost," completely deadpan.
[X] "Actually this ghost is just here about joining your club."

Wandbagon.
>> No. 77485
Write write write.
>> No. 77487
File 123670376445.png - (98.42KB , 450x650 , gamesmaster.png ) [iqdb]
77487
"Wait, okay. Sure, I'm a ghost." You try to keep as straight a face as you can.
"What?" Nitori's face lights up even further, but she hesitates. Kaguya covers her grin with her hand.
"Actually, this ghost is just here about joining your club." You say, shrugging.
Nitori and Chiyuri look at each other for a moment, frowning, then Kaguya coughs into her sleeve.
"We're a club?" Nitori asks.
Kaguya rolls her eyes. "Yes, how else do you think I got the school to let us have the computers?" She yawns and twists around on the bean-bags to face you.

"Oh, right." Nitori says, still waving that fishing net around. "Do we let ghosts in?"
"He's not a ghost." Chiyuri says, going back to concentrating on the computer screen.
"He's a new student, Nitori, not a ghost." Kaguya explains patiently, but she doesn't look away from you, eyes staring into yours, a twisted smile curling across her mouth. "He's just taking the piss."
"I am?" You ask, feigning innocence. Too late now, but it seems to amuse Kaguya.
"You are." Kaguya says.
"I am, yes." You nod.

"Good boy." Kaguya leans back, half-closing her eyes. "And you want to join us in here? You any good?"
"At what?" You ask, taking a step into the room.
"Well at closing the door, for a start." Kaguya says, smirking. You roll your eyes and shut the door after you.
"Like I said, good at what?" You ask.
"Games." Kaguya says, gesturing expansively with her arms. "I mean, if you're not much of a challenge then you'll just be boring. Nitori here might be off with the fairies a little too-"
"Hey!" Nitori interjects.
"A little too much, but she can still play well enough." Kaguya finally lifts herself up and half-drifts half-stumbles across the room to you, putting her hands on her hips and grinning. "What d'ya say? Wanna try?"
"What kind of games?" You ask, meeting Kaguya's grin with a raised eyebrow.
"Whatever you like." She gestures at the tables.

[ ] Nah, this isn't your style. Forget about it.
[ ] Take up Kaguya's offer. Pick something.
[ ] Let her choose.
>> No. 77488
[x] Take up Kaguya's offer. Pick something.
[x] A strategy game.
>> No. 77489
[X] Take up Kaguya's offer. Pick something.
[X] No More Heroes. She holds the Nunchuck, you hold the Wiimote.

This can't go wrong!
>> No. 77490
[X] Take up Kaguya's offer. Pick something.
Challenge her to multiplayer mode in the New Super Mario Brothers on your DS.
>> No. 77491
>>77490 here

Forgot to add, fighting Kaguya in her home territory? Not one of the best ideas, challenge her on your own terms.
>> No. 77493
[X] Take up Kaguya's offer. Pick something.

It would be a shame to not use the DS since we made a point of bringing it.
>> No. 77498
We'll be here all night if I wait for you to decide on an exact game right now. Writing.
>> No. 77499
PLEASE don't let us suck
i want to join this club so much ;__;
>> No. 77500
"Whatever I like?" You ask, cocking your head.
"Mmhmm." Kaguya nods, still grinning. This girl is ... well, unique, but there's something else as well. Is it just competitiveness you're feeling? Better ignore it for now if you want to have any chance of beating her. You glance at the games scattered over the tables.
Nitori has calmed down a little now, but she's still clutching that net and eyeing you warily. Chiyuri's concentration is now completely broken, she keeps glancing up at Kaguya and you, half-frowning.

"Okay ... hmm." You start rifling through the games, looking for something that'll give you enough elbow-room to win. 2D fighters? Strategy? You glance over at Kaguya as you lift the Starcraft box from the table. Her grins widens, you put it back down again. Dammit, is she trying to throw you off? She's doing a good job of it.
"We don't have to play PC you know ... " She tries to look innocent. "There's always my DS, if you have one?"
"Hm?" You turn to her. "Of course I have a DS, I actually have it with me."
"You do?" Her competitive face slips away for a moment, but she quickly smirks again. "Got an R4?"
"A what?" You ask.
Her face drops completely. "Oh, nevermind." She laughs behind her hand.
"We've got a bunch of emulators too, if you like." Chiyuri pipes up, giving you a neutral sort of smile.

Hmm. Okay, you really need to impress Kaguya now. Think think think!

[ ] Melty Blood. You can remember enough combos, right?
[ ] Starcraft. Come on, you can out-think her.
[ ] Emulators? Mario Kart. Blue sparks.
[ ] What's this? Danmaku Versus Shooter? PoVF? You know this.
[ ] Tell Kaguya she's already lost The Game.
[ ] Something else? Plenty of games here.

==

I will have to veto this if you come up with something I've never played and have no fucking idea about.
>> No. 77501
>Tell Kaguya she's already lost The Game.
Whatever you do, DO NOT vote for this. Please.
>> No. 77502
[✗] What's this? Danmaku Versus Shooter? PoVF? You know this.

Oh ho, a rematch of sorts.
>> No. 77503
[X] Spring, Total Annihilation has never been this much fun.
>> No. 77504
[x] Tell Kaguya she's already lost The Game.
>> No. 77505
[X] Whip out your space captain hat, it's time for an epic war in Homeworld 2.
>> No. 77506
>>Whatever you do, DO NOT vote for this. Please.
>>DO NOT vote for this. Please.
>>Vote for this. Please.

[X] Tell Kaguya she's already lost The Game.
>> No. 77507
[X] What's this? Danmaku Versus Shooter? PoVF? You know this

DON'T go for the stupid "lost the game" option.
Being cocky and then losing will make us look lame as hell.
>> No. 77510
>>77505
Jesus Christ. He would vote for this too.

[x] Tell Kaguya she's already lost The Game.
[X] Whip out your space captain hat, it's time for an epic war in Homeworld 2.
>> No. 77511
[X] What's this? Danmaku Versus Shooter? PoVF? You know this
Come on, schoolanon, make us proud!
>> No. 77512
[X] Whip out your space captain hat, it's time for an epic war in Homeworld 2.
Oh lawd.
Can we be commodore perry too?
>> No. 77514
File 123670964629.jpg - (29.00KB , 640x480 , sck.jpg ) [iqdb]
77514
>>77512
Perry janai, space captain Katsura da!

[X] Whip out your space captain hat, it's time for an epic war in Homeworld 2
>> No. 77515
[x] Mario Teaches Typing, assuming she has hardware "capable of handling" a 5¼-inch floppy.
>> No. 77518
[x] Starcraft. Come on, you can out-think her.

Let's hope this anon plays Zerg.
>> No. 77519
[x] Tell Kaguya she's already lost The Game.
[X] Whip out your space captain hat, it's time for an epic war in Homeworld 2.
>> No. 77520
[X] Starcraft. You're SlayerS_BoxeR after all.
>> No. 77525
Homeworld 2? Nice, okay. Don't rage at me if I get details wrong, been a long time since I've played.

Writing.
>> No. 77528
File 123671428343.jpg - (82.83KB , 1024x640 , mothership.jpg ) [iqdb]
77528
"Have you got Homeworld 2 installed on these things?" You ask Kaguya.
She raises her eyebrows, a little surprised. "Have we, Chiyuri?"
"Uh ... " She messes with the computer for a moment. "Yeah, it's still here."
Kaguya grins at you. "Okay then, shall we?"
"Me against you?" You ask.
Kaguya nods. "I'm the head of the club, after all." She says, sitting down in one of the chairs around the set of tables. She has a slow and lazy but mischievous smile on her face. This is going to be interesting.
"Take a seat." Chiyuri says, gesturing to the chairs.
You nod, sitting down across from Kaguya and reaching under the table to switch the machine on. The monitor flickers to life a few moments later and you wait for it to boot up

"Need a while to get re-aquatinted with the game?" Kaguya asks you.
"Nope." You say. "You?" You lock your gaze with hers, staring her down for a long moment.
"Me neither." She says. "Nitori, plug in the LAN cables."
Nitori bustles about between the machines for a moment, linking the computers up and throwing you worried glances.
"Okay, it's just in the program files." Kaguya says, cracking her knuckles against the edge of the table.
"I see it."
A moment or two later you're staring at the menu screen.
"Ready?" Kaguya asks.
You nod.

The tactical display is still as dizzying as you remember, but it only takes you a few moments to recognise everything. You zoom in on the Mothership, hanging there against the dull orange backdrop of space. For one absurd moment you imagine yourself standing on the bridge of that ship, complete with Captain's hat, barking orders. You blink and concentrate as Kaguya moves into action, her eyes flicking across the screen, tongue poking out in concentration. Chiyuri peers across your shoulder.

First?

[ ] Probes, map resources and make Kaguya feel like you're watching her every move.
[ ] Turtle and tech. Get some Destroyers built.
[ ] Rush her now, bombers and frigates as soon as you spot her Mothership.

And:

[ ] Stay quiet. Concentrate.
[ ] Start talking to Kaguya.
>> No. 77529
[x] Turtle and tech. Get some Destroyers built.

[x] Start talking to Kaguya.
>> No. 77532
[X] Probes, map resources and make Kaguya feel like you're watching her every move.

Personal favourite strategy, i never lost a game after devising it:
[X] Build cheap fighters, tons of them, and establish a large scale resource operation.
As soon as possible.
Hide your mothership above most of the map.
Send probes, 5-6 of them to see EVERYTHING, have a scout unit patrolling around to keep enemy fighters busy. Scouts are way faster, so it's unlikely they'll be destroyed soon.
Let the game proceed, build a carrier/shipyard. build 6 groups with a large mass of corvettes, Ion&flac frigates, and 4 destroyers.
Send your carrier/shipyard below the mothersip and a bit further, build a line of Ion platforms to beamspam any incoming enemies. this is your decoy.
Send some probes to discover the mothership's and main army's location.
Assign numbers 1-6 for the groups, place them around the enemy's main branch&mothersip, far enough to not be affected by a possible gravity wall generator.
Build cruisers, wait for 3 to be ready, send them right into action.
When they almost arrive to the enemy's range, use all 6 groups to close in on the enemy from everywhere around.
This is my version of a "Charming siege from all sides", never failed.
>> No. 77533
>>77532
HOLY FUCK
[X] What he said
[X] Talk to Kaguya, but keep it light and friendly, not a word about the game.
>> No. 77534
>>77532
Oh, i forgot to say, to prevent the probably incoming question:
Yes, only 4 destroyers, It makes the process WAY faster. the rest 2 groups that lack a destroyer will have more frigates.
>> No. 77535
[X] Probes, map resources and make Kaguya feel like you're watching her every move.
[x] Start talking to Kaguya.
[X] Play mindgames using your words, make her reconsider her strategies. Your probes can back up any bluffs you call.

We have high charisma, time to start using it.
>> No. 77537
What >>77532 said, plus
[x] Start talking to Kaguya.
[X] Play mindgames using your words, make her reconsider her strategies. Your probes can back up any bluffs you call.
>> No. 77538
[X] THIS >>77532
[x] Start talking to Kaguya.
[X] Play mindgames using your words, make her reconsider her strategies. Your probes can back up any bluffs you call.
>> No. 77539
Bloody hell. Okay, here we go.
>> No. 77542
>>77532
I don't really have experience with the game so I'll have to go with this. Also, any further additions people made.