[Return]
Archived thread

File 123405064050.jpg - (69.24KB , 533x400 , Bunker.jpg ) [iqdb]
75340 No. 75340
Without much reserve, I knock hastily on the sliding doors. I wasn’t really eager to get there, but it isn’t like I had anything better to do. That and free tea, I’m pretty sure nobody will die if I don’t help them out… probably… In fact with her in charge someone is bound to die, most likely the brilliant genius herself. But who cares anyway? Fairies can’t really die. So, since nobody will die then it’s perfectly all right if I don’t go.
The sliding door opens but my fist doesn’t recognize immediately the change in texture as my brain is too busy processing the fact that there’s some random Youkai trying to spy discretely in the bushes over there. Geez what a joke even the most senile human could tell there’s someone there, does it want me to walk all the way to it, grab a branch and spank it?
*Cough*-“Well excuuuuse me if I’m bothering you.” The voice of the person who invited me in the first place draws my eyes back at her.
I don’t know for how long but I have been knocking on her left shoulder for a while now. Oh well, shit happens.
-“Hey, you gotta see the bright side of things. If you were a little more off to the left I would have been knocking somewhere less comfortable instead.” I reply to her irritation with a risky but quite true comment. Actually now I wonder how she would have reacted if it DID happen that way. I’ll be sure to be a little more off to the right next time I come here.
-“Don’t make me regret this. I can always go back on my decision and just exorcise the living hell out of you. I could also get some friends and make it a 5-7 of ‘let’s torture our friendly neighbors’.”
-“Yes, you could. But that wouldn’t end well now would it? I’m pretty sure you don’t want to clean up the whole shrine that badly.”
-“I’ll get one of my freeloaders to clean up”
-“Freeloaders actually doing the job?”
This mistake was your demise, red-white.
-“…”
-“… really?”
-“Just get in already.”

I follow Reimu inside, waving a greeting to an Oni who most likely is not in any condition to even see my hand. On my trip toward my destination, numerous traps of varying nature usually await anyone who enters this shrine but it seems like the ghost who usually causes 99% of those is busy somewhere else. Without any peril to my life showing themselves, I can’t help but think of that it’s too quiet. Could this be… an ambush? Damnation! This miko lured me into a trap!
-“You!” I knew it! It was a trap! “If I got told I’d see you here.” The blue-haired excuse for an angel exclaims herself at my sight.
-“Likewise, Tenshi, I think I’d never see you here since you, like, destroyed the whole place.”
-“Hey, I’m also the one who got it rebuilt.”
-“You better damn well had done it! Else I would have had to fetch you back and make you do all the work by yourself.” Reimu interrupts us with a harsh but quite fair comment.
This blue-haired girl with the High and Mighty attitude soon to leak is Tenshi Hinanai, she isn’t too annoying but she still gets on my nerve whenever she tries to show off. My relationship with her can pretty much summarize as ‘we beat each other up each time we see ourselves’. Why? Let’s just say that it’s a long story. The fact that both of us are in the same room without trying to kill each other is amazing enough for me to forget about it.
-“If you’re about done with this you could just sit down and wait for the tea to be ready.”
I do as prompted, careful to choose the seat farthest away from Tenshi. Reimu sits between us, acting efficiently as a barrier.
-“So, why is she here, really?” I say, pointing at the local celestial. “Didn’t you kick her ass all the way to Heavens and back, several times?”
-“Well, she’s very persistent” Reimu drops simply, rolling her eyes.
-“And because of how much I improved this shrine.”
I got to admit it DID look a lot bigger from the outside but, to that extent?
-“Don’t be stupid, I’m just allowing you to stay here because no matter how many times I kicked you out you’d still ask for more.”
-“Tthat’s true too~” Tenshi admits with an amused tone, bringing her left index to her lips and glancing at me. “But why is that person here? I know there’s room for a lot of them, but it isn’t like you Reimu to actually invite people to stay without them practically forcing themselves in.”
-“ ‘This person’ differs from any of you freeloaders by the fact that the last time I had to go out instead of getting in my way and randomly attacking, [___]*1 actually helped.”
-“You must be suffering from the heat outside Reimu, there’s no way this would happen.”
-“Well I don’t see people helping YOU out after the commotion you’ve caused.”
Hmmm, No good, it’s already bad enough if me and Tenshi are in the same room, if she pisses Reimu off as well, things will get out of hand.
-“Ladies, TEA.” I cut the building tension between them with a voice that leaves room for no counter and even the shrine maiden looks surprised for a split second.
“Yeah, that’s right…” Reimu motions to stand up but instead shouts something I am not used to hear. “JADE, why don’t you make yourself for once.”
-“huh?”
Ignoring the shout as if it was a natural happening, Tenshi simply overlook it and continue as if I never interrupted.
-“So that’s why I have to bear with this presence? Because you got a little help?”
-“Yes, you’ll bear with it else you’ll be off to take a walk.” Reimu replies with a comment that definitely implied something as Tenshi reacts with something half-way between frustration and embarrassment. Actually I don’t want to know what she implied. Scratch this; I’d kill to know what she meant.
-“JADE!!”
As if it was his cue, a tall, black-haired man wearing a turquoise kimono enters the room casually.
-“What’s the problem? Is it this time again?”
-“Keep dreaming.”Her voice is harsh.” There’s water in this kettle” *she points at the said object. “There are tea leaves a few meters away” her finger goes slightly to the right “you know what to do.”
-“Right on” he says, walking up to the kitchen. He rummages into the stocks, but then turns back with a puzzled expression.
-“Hey, did you put the tea leaves somewhere else?”
-“Huh?”
The whole room’s attention swaps to the window as a box passes by, following a pair of long, giant, mantis-like forelegs.
-“Did I just…”
-“What was…”
-“err…”
Silence falls upon the room as everyone seems to brush the event away as if denying it ever happened.
-“Well, there’s still the tea in the--”
Another pair of identical forelegs, a box impaled in it.
-“O…kay…” I let out somewhat taken aback.
Without notice, a horde of those Mantis-like forelegs pairs pass by the window, carrying numerous goods and food, they must be passing right by the wall as we can’t see the lower part of their bodies.
-“Am I seeing things?” Tenshi declares in a skeptical voice. I am too dumbfounded to say anything.
-“Well, here goes the tea… and the food… and pretty much everything we own.” The Jade guy breaks the silence. As if his voice was the cue, both maidens storm out of the room, engaging pursuit. I follow them out of the shrine quickly. Once out, I immediately spot them in a low altitude flight not so far away. They must have spotted the perpetrators already. I take off myself, trying to catch up.

-------

>> No. 75341
Soon enough, we reach the cluster of creatures and fly downward to cut their route. The creatures do not stop and keep running as if nothing was in there way. They are an odd sight. Brown creatures running on all-four with bare, nearly shining skin. Not even a single trace of fur is seen and at some places the skin is almost transparent, allowing me to see the pulsating innards of the beasts. The most striking figure is probably the pair of Scythe-like forelegs on their anterior half, coming out of what could be their shoulders.
The beasts do not stop. They trample the ground as their horde ignores us and simply keep running mindlessly.
-“Where are they--”
The sound of explosions not too far away cuts Tenshi’s sentence midway.
-“Well this is not exactly what I had in mind when I was invited to take tea but whatever” I shrug everything off and chase the creatures deeper into the forest, the two maidens in tow.
-“Either of you saw those before?” Tenshi asks as we pursue the monsters.
-“I saw them today and they stole my stuff, that’s all we need to know” Reimu brushes Tenshi’s question away and outrun her and take my pace before going even faster ahead, putting some distance between us and them. Personal Notice: steal something valuable to the miko and make it look as if Tenshi did it.
Before long, we catch up to the creatures, or rather, what remains of them. A huge pool of blood, limbs and organs cover the trail on several meters and deep holes in the ground gather even more of those.
-“Hold it!” a man’s voice uselessly tell us to stop, but none of us were actually about to enter the field of death and awfully stinking shit. “It’s a damn minefield you fools!” … mines, and that is? “Ok listen I don’t know what you girls are up to but follow me okay, the capt’ wouldn’t like it if we had civilians dying here.”
Just what is this man talking about? Besides, his outfit is really weird. It looks like he’s wearing some atrociously oversized armor that makes him look tiny in it and he carries around some sort of long… thing with three tubes on the end of it. Is that even a weapon? The number 564 glows in red on the side of the… thing. Without even waiting for us, the man leaves. I turn around and give the other two a puzzled look. The miko takes the initiative of the conversation.
-“Ok, listen, I don’t know who they are or what they did, but my stuff just blew up with the things that were stealing it, so I’ll make damn sure they pay me back. You two can think of stuff of yours to say that also blew up, while we’re at it why not making some benefits for all the trouble?”
I shrug, it’s not like I have anything better to do—I glance at the field of death but no fairies -or even fairy limbs for that matter- are to be found, only those unidentified creatures scattered all over the place.
-“Roger that.” Tenshi gives Reimu a Thumbs Up “Just leave it to me to convince them if they don’t want to listen.” If by convince you mean smacking some sense into their head and by sense you mean something blunt and heavy I approve.
-“Seems all right.” I comply simply. I go after the now shrinking image of the weird man, followed by the two maidens.

He eventually leads us to some weird stone construction barely standing out of its surrounding. It doesn’t look like anything that exists. It doesn’t look like it’s practical for anything either. To describe it simply: weird and ugly. More soldiers in the white armor with the same weird things in their hands are guarding the door. On the side of their… weapon? the numbers 789 and 320 are glowing in red.

--------------Blanks to be filled-------------------
*1[___]: [ ]He [ ]She

----------------------Right Now---------------------
[ ] Before anything else, I’ll steal one of those things with glowing numbers. Their secrets must be revealed to the world! The world, yes but especially to me first.
[ ] I’ll just ask one of the guards what it is, maybe he’s not a mindless goon and know how it works.
[ ] I’ll just ignore it, it’s not like I could use one anyway. Or would it be useful for anything.
---------------------Once inside---------------------
[ ] I’ll Just let Reimu deal with it, she’s the one who got the idea in the first place.
[ ] I’ll just let Tenshi deal with it, she can be… very persuasive.
[ ] I’ll deal with it myself, I feel like Annoying those guys a little.
>> No. 75343
[ ] I’ll just ask one of the guards what it is, maybe he’s not a mindless goon and know how it works.
[ ] I’ll Just let Reimu deal with it, she’s the one who got the idea in the first place.

This won't end well, will it?
>> No. 75344
Also, [ ]She.
>> No. 75347
[x] He
[x] I’ll just ask one of the guards what it is, maybe he’s not a mindless goon and know how it works.
[x] I’ll just let Reimu deal with it, she’s the one who got the idea in the first place.
>> No. 75348
[ ]She.
[ ] I’ll just ask one of the guards what it is, maybe he’s not a mindless goon and know how it works.
[ ] I’ll just let Tenshi deal with it, she can be… very persuasive.
>> No. 75349
[x] He
[x] I’ll just ask one of the guards what it is, maybe he’s not a mindless goon and know how it works.
[x] I’ll just let Reimu deal with it, she’s the one who got the idea in the first place.
>> No. 75350
[x] He
[x] I’ll just ask one of the guards what it is, maybe he’s not a mindless goon and know how it works.
[x] I’ll just let Reimu deal with it, she’s the one who got the idea in the first place.
>> No. 75351
[ ]She.
[ ] I’ll just ask one of the guards what it is, maybe he’s not a mindless goon and know how it works.
[ ] I’ll just let Tenshi deal with it, she can be… very persuasive.
>> No. 75352
[x] She.
[x] I’ll just ask one of the guards what it is, maybe he’s not a mindless goon and know how it works.
[x] I’ll just let Tenshi deal with it, she can be… very persuasive.
>> No. 75353
[x] He
[x] I’ll just ask one of the guards what it is, maybe he’s not a mindless goon and know how it works.
[x] I’ll just let Reimu deal with it, she’s the one who got the idea in the first place.
>> No. 75354
[x] He
[x] I’ll just ask one of the guards what it is, maybe he’s not a mindless goon and know how it works.
[x] I’ll just let Reimu deal with it, she’s the one who got the idea in the first place.
>> No. 75358
[X]It
[X] Before anything else, I’ll steal one of those things with glowing numbers. Their secrets must be revealed to the world! The world, yes but especially to me first.
[X] I’ll Just let Reimu deal with it, she’s the one who got the idea in the first place.
>> No. 75362
[X] She.
[X] Before anything else, I’ll steal one of those things with glowing numbers. Their secrets must be revealed to the world! The world, yes but especially to me first.
[x] I’ll just let Tenshi deal with it, she can be… very persuasive.
>> No. 75364
[x] ROBOT
[x] RETRIEVE SAMPLE OF NUMERICAL PHENOMENA FOR FURTHER ANALYSIS
[x] INITIATING SANITIZATION PROTOCOL ALPHA
>> No. 75365
[x] He
[x] I’ll just ask one of the guards what it is, maybe he’s not a mindless goon and know how it works.
[x] I’ll just let Reimu deal with it, she’s the one who got the idea in the first place.
>> No. 75367
[X]She.
[X] I’ll just ask one of the guards what it is, maybe he’s not a mindless goon and know how it works.
[X] I’ll just let Tenshi deal with it, she can be… very persuasive.
>> No. 75370
[x] He
[x] I’ll just ask one of the guards what it is, maybe he’s not a mindless goon and know how it works.
[x] I’ll just let Reimu deal with it, she’s the one who got the idea in the first place.
>> No. 75678
Abandoned so soon?
>> No. 75709
File 123445962029.jpg - (283.91KB , 1113x784 , 113013891319831.jpg ) [iqdb]
75709
This question requires an answer. Whatever those things they wield are, it sure doesn’t look like anything I’ve seen before, let alone used. And those glowing letters, what could they mean? The whole picture is just silly, knights fight with swords, not with magic. Ok, that’s it, enough pondering.
-“You” I point an almost accusating finger to the nearest guard and seal his eyes into mine. “Just what the hell is that thing you guys are carrying around? It doesn’t look like anything remotely useful for anything.”
The guards look at each others with a puzzled expression, as if I just asked something unbelievable. The surprise passed, they start laughing which grows immediately on my nerves. Are they mocking me!? Neither of Reimu nor Tenshi say anything, maybe they didn’t care before but now that I pointed it out, they seem to also want to know what those things do.
-“Can’t be helped” one of the guards says and shrug theatrically. “We DID land on a primitive planet, it looks like they’re still in the feudal era, no gunpowder or anything.”
-“Huh?” his comrade seem as confused as us ”Why’d’’y’hafta always try to make yarself look smart? That’d’be gettin’ on mey nerves man.” Ok not as much confused as irritated, although I have no idea why. The guard with the heavy southern accent report his attention to us and goes on. “Ok babes and kiddo, look’t’me for a sec’. I’ll shaw’y’all what those beauties does.”
The man brandishes his weapon forward, the three tubes facing directly a nearby tree. His finger moves slightly and pushes something under the thing. Immediately, a loud repeating noise is heard and fire appears at the end of the three tubes which starts to rotate on their spot. The glowing red numbers start to lowers at an amazing speed until it displays ‘691’ I rub my ears slightly once the demonstration is over and glare at the man. Why is that damn THING so uselessly noisy? If it really is a weapon, then it certainly isn’t a subtle one.
-“Thar’y’a go.” The man puts the weapon back on his armoured shoulder and point at the tree before bring a small with stick to his mouth. He produce a small metallic box from his armor which itself makes a flame once open and lit the end of the stick with it. “Want one?” he says, waving the box around toward us.
-“Not really” Reimu answers indifferently before me the answer any of us would have given anyway. The fact that the small stick is just as unidentified asides, who needs a box that makes such a little flame anyway? It’s not like you can use it.
-“Too bad.” He replies and point at where the tree was.
I take a look and notice an incredible number of holes in the tree’s trunk. There’s at least a hundred of them. Is that the power of those things?
-“How’d’ya ladies like ma’ big gun?” A gun, is that the name of the magic weapon he uses? Better yet, why the fuck does this sentence seem to reek with Innuendo? Oh no, not on my watch Boy I’ll-
-“Say, Mister ‘big gun’~” Tenshi takes action before I can and walk to the guard. “Do you really think this weapon of yours is that powerful?~” This voice, I know it, she’s up to something. I can just smell it. The air is stinking with her malicious intent
-“’Course mah’ girl. If y’all get in any danger, ya can count on us to get’y’all outta it.” The man brags with a stupid grin. It is now official, I hate him. The other two have been staying silent for now but it looks like they both want to say the same thing, probably to tell him to shut the fuck up.
-“Really?~”
-“Yah.”
-“Anything~”
-“Sure.”
-“It can defend you against anything?~”
-“Sure can bab--” The man brandish his gun once again but before he can finishes his sentence, Tenshi Summons a spiked rock. “Defend this~” and slams it violently downward, breaking the gun into pieces which in turn fall to the ground. The three guards look there in complete astonishment, too dumbfounded to reply anything. With their eyes wide as cups and their gaping mouths, this moment is just hilariously pointless and I can’t help but laugh from the bottom of my heart soon followed by Reimu who isn’t as used to ‘The Voice’ as me.
-“Plain stone: 1, gun: 0. Where is your God now?” she says casually before tossing the rock aside. We all laugh another round as the guards still haven’t recovered. Their display of idiocracy is, unfortunately, cut short as another man, older and wearing a beard, in a white armor with yellow bars on its shoulder comes out.

-“What the hell is going on here! Report!”
-“Errr, captain!”
-“Oh shit...”
The third one simply smack his hand violently against his forehead and shake his head slowly.
-“Who are thos stupid civilians and why’s your gun in pieces on the ground soldier!?”
-“Oh well, ya’know... I ain’t too sure myself of what just happened.”
-“Hey you beardy. Are you the one in charge here?” Reimu interrupts the man, impatience clearly showing.
-“And who are you even SUPPOSED to be. I don’t have time to nurse kids or pose for the ladies.”
-“Well I don’t want any of you brain-challenged fatsos to pose for me; I want you to pay back what you own me.”
-“... What?” The gives an utterly clueless yet uncaring look before motioning for us to be off.”Why would I ever owe any of you damn natives stuff anyway?”
-“Simple, Some giant insect-like things stole food at my shrine, we followed them and you guys blew them up. Along with my precious belongings.” For some reason, Reimu’s last sentence freaked the hell out of me, I don’t know if it’s her voice, the deadly glare she bears, the sudden ice-like temperature, or just the massive explosion of Murderous intent.Scrath this, it’s all of those at once. Disregard everything, it’s gone now. Well I sure wouldn’t want to be this guy right now.... sure wouldn’t.
-“Go cry me a lake babe, I have stuff to do right now.”Oh, no good. No, not good at all, I can sense enmity welling up slowly but strongly.
-“Is that so? You’re a very busy man aren’t you~” Oh shit not you too. Oh well, One angry maiden is already bad enough, two is cataclysmic and I just know this idiot is dumb enough to piss her off as well. I got to kill this problem in the egg.
-“NO, TENSHI. NO!” I yell at her firmly. She gives me a side-glare and looks as if she is about to ignore me but eventually gives up on it as she glances at Reimu. For some reason, her eyes widen.

-------
>> No. 75710
-“GAAAAARHH!!” a short scream of agony erupts on our left immediately followed by the heavy sound of one of Tenshi’s Keystones falling down and blocking our view of the said guard. Many sharp things hit the other side of the keystone and one impales another grunt.
-“ATTACK!” the senior man shouts! “Everyone in the bunker!”
Upon his command, the remaining guardsman as well as some other weirdly-armored men who just came out of hiding ran into their ‘bunker’ thing. Hey hold on, how can someone possibly hide in a forest with an over-sized flashy white armor? Oh well, questions later.
The sudden turn of event made our local shrine maiden snap out of it, or so it would seem as she states what should have been expected of her yet still amazes me.
-“Let’s follow them, maybe they’ll try to escape underground.”
-“You... really want your money that badly don’t you?”
-“Damn straight do! I’ll get them to pay even more for all the supplementary trouble!”
I follow the Red-white inside with Tenshi in tow and a guard slams shut a heavy metallic door behind us.
The inside is much bigger than it looks from the outside and several of those men are shooting their guns frantically from little holes in the walls. As I move slightly forward, I can see what their target is: an advancing wave of the giant creatures of earlier. This time, there are other variants with the quadruped ones: a few smaller ones and some weird snake-like creatures with a colossal spiked dinosaur-ish head. As if this thing wasn’t weird enough, they also have those scythe-like forelegs, but even bigger than the quadrupeds’. Amongst the mass, some human-like figures are noticeable.
-“Just how many of them are there?”
-“Keep focused! No time to rest!”
-“FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!”
The soldiers fire their weapon furiously, I notice that until the glowing numbers reach 000, a small box from the anterior part of their guns drop and they have to insert another for the numbers to go back to 900. The men shoot like madmen and drown the advancing waves of unidentified creatures in bullet. I also pick up explosions here and there outside, maybe the ‘mines’ they were talking about. The beasts keep being dismembered and splattered but no matter how many of them fall, more of those hive-like insects come to replace them. The wave moves on slowly but mercilessly, winning more ground with each second.
-“GODDAMNIT!”
-“Where’they ev’n comin’ from!?”
-“Gotta be a hive som’where ‘round!”
Suddenly, a humanoid-like figure appears right next to the openings in the wall, and literally blows up in a green explosion of acids. The reinforced structure of the wall flies away and crushes several soldiers, leaving a gapping breach in the wall. The creatures, however does not enter but rather flee. The soldiers cease fire and an handful of them runs to attend the injuried ones.
-“ha... haha... what?”
-“Not that I complain but...”
-“No...”
The voice of the senior man overwhelms the chatter “Don’t lower your guard! It has to be a trap!”
Trample. Trample. Trample.
-“Oh shit...”
Stomp. Stomp. Stomp. Stomp. Stomp.
-“Gotta be kiddin’ me.”
The soldiers just look at each others in fear. It sounds as if some huge elephants were heading this way.
STOMP. STOMP. STOMP. STOMP. STOMP. STOMP. STOMP. SHAKE.
It’s drawing close.
A massive roars is heard as tree falls and three colossal beasts enter our field of vision.
-“FUUUUUCK!!”
-“RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!”
-“This is a joke......”
The creatures are quadrupeds as well but that’s where the similarities end. The monsters are about 12 meters long and around 8 or so meters tall. Their massive legs are made to both crush and run quickly. Their main body is covered by an obvious very think carapace crammed full with spikes. To be honest, they have a centaur-like shape as their lower body is quadruped but the upper is humanoid. Well, as humanoid as it can be if the thing’s arms are giant curved mandibles with each the strength of a gigantic ram...
One of them roars again and the soldiers scatter, running away.

---------------------------
[ ] Whatever those things are, they don’t belong here in Gensokyo. We should take them down immediately.
[ ] This isn’t worth it anymore, we’d be best to just leave before bad things happen.
[ ] The show’s been entertaining so far; we should just stay here and watch that fight.
[ ] Screw it, those guys are just too annoying. Let’s hold them up and get the creatures to catch up on them and slaughter them.
>> No. 75712
[ ] This isn’t worth it anymore, we’d be best to just leave before bad things happen.

ZERG RUSH
>> No. 75714
[X] Whatever those things are, they don’t belong here in Gensokyo. We should take them down immediately.
>> No. 75716
[X] Whatever those things are, they don’t belong here in Gensokyo. We should take them down immediately.
Fuck year.
>> No. 75718
[X] Whatever those things are, they don’t belong here in Gensokyo. We should take them down immediately.

Green light to engage. Take 'em out.