[Return]
Archived thread

File 123169944810.jpg - (88.58KB , 480x679 , renkoko.jpg ) [iqdb]
73679 No. 73679
Testing the girls takes most of the day, but since you had to test all six you were somewhat limited in how far you could actually go with each of them. Retiring to your room you let your scientific side take over for a little while as you type up the current results of your testing. You didn't know how much it would help, but you knew from experience that being organized was always better than doing things haphazardly (especially when explosive chemicals were involved, and you figured that these girls were probably just as dangerous in their own ways).

You wrote them up in the same order you had tested them, with Cirno first. The girl was flighty and easily distracted, getting her to even stay still for the test had been something of a chore though once started she seemed to progress okay. Her social skills were as low as expected, as was her understanding of maths, science and technology. She was easily the lowest scoring of all the girls in all areas.

Utsuho was only marginally better though, with reasonable but minimal social skills, next to no scientific ability and even less in the field of maths. Her understanding of technology seemed to be low, but spiking in places - she did, after all, pick up the use of a cellphone faster than her low ability would predict. She also, you thought, had some difficulty reading - though how much exactly you didn't know, it was possible she wasn't able to read at all.

In contrast to this, Hina seemed to be well rounded, though definitely below average in all areas. Her social skill, despite - or perhaps even because of - her formal behavior seemed to be fairly low, but higher than that of Cirno or Utsuho. She had a little understanding of technology, as well as science, and she seemed to have some maths ability but on the whole you thought that she needed some work in all areas.

As you arranged the girls into a vague order of those you thought would require the most to the least work, you ended up placing Suika next. Though she seemed bad at science, she was easily better, or perhaps just more coherent, than the prior girls in all other tested areas. Really the only problem you could see with her was that she looked like a child and simply wouldn't stop drinking - but any fool could see how that might be problematic, so you had hardly needed a test to spot that.

The last two girls, Meiling and Ran, seemed to need little to no work. What Meiling knew was pretty good, but seemed so archaic that by modern terms she was only a little above average. It was her science, especially, that seemed to suffer from this as you knew that the world of science had changed greatly in the past several years and most of what she knew was simply behind the times.

Ran, lastly... was something of a problem. Simply put she seemed to know everything already. Well, everything that you had tested at least - without further testing you felt you had little hope of actually finding any weaknesses in her knowledge. On the plus side this meant you didn't have to do much, if anything, to bring her to a level where she could be self-sufficient in the modern day world... but on the minus side you had the feeling that it wouldn't be looked on kindly if you simply ignored her in favor of everyone else.


As you finished typing up your report you frowned in thought. It was obvious which girls needed more work to bring up to an acceptable standard, but you had the feeling that you were still missing a lot of information about a variety of things. Cirno, in particular, had shown the odd flashes of knowledge that didn't fit with her results, and Utsuho's understanding of some technologies over others also seemed odd - Hina, likewise, seemed to have scattered bits of higher knowledge which seemed to be all over the place. Meiling, from what you could tell, must have been educated properly at some point in time... a point very far back in time going by the indications you had been given. Suika seemed to have something of a childs education... Did Gensokyo have any schools? You'd noticed a few similarities in what Cirno and Suika had known which implied that, if there was a school, they had probably both been taught there. You'd have to ask someone about that later, maybe even try and sit down with Ran to ask specific questions about Gensokyo.


A ringing from the front door made you pause in your report and frown. You weren't expecting anyone other than Renko and her delivery... Saving and shutting down your work you head out of your room and to the front door in order to greet the woman, only to find that Meiling had apparently beaten you there and was even now standing, arms crossed, glaring at the brunette.

“Ah, Renko, is that you?” You call out, causing Meiling to glance back. “Er, you can let her in,” You state, which makes her glare soften and, with a nod, she steps out of the way to let the surprised-looking woman into the house. Hadn't Ran told you Meiling used to be a door guard of some kind? Evidently she still held the instincts of such close to her, something you'd probably have to speak to her about at some point.

“Ah! Ryogi!” Renko graces you with a grin, “I bring deliveries! Clothes for everyone!” she declares, causing you to regard her with a flat stare. Shrinking back ever so slightly the girl waves your disapproval off with one hand. “Don't worry! It's all there!”

“It's late.” You state, “You said you'd bring it by yesterday.”

“No worries! No worries!” The woman declares happily, “No one ever worried about late deliveries before, right?” She smiles and looks up at Meiling, “The car is open, if you want to go fetch your stuff...” There's a pause and the brunettes eyes suddenly look sly, “Miss gate guard.” Meiling stiffens slightly at that, and gives you a questioning glance to which you respond with a shake of your head. You certainly didn't tell Renko that, so the only way she could have known was thanks to...

“Inside.” You declare, glaring at Renko, “Now. I need to have a word with you.”

“Ooh,” the girl goes, giving you an appraising look, “You certainly grew a spine in the past few years. I don't recall you being this assertive before.” She grins, “Then again you did have your moments, like that time when you punched Takeda sempai in the face after he tipped his drink over Maribel for turning him down. That was pretty awesome you know.”

Oh... you vaguely remembered that. Specifically you remembered the beating Takeda and his cronies had given you after school that day, you'd been covered in bruises for weeks. On the plus side that had been one beating too many and the boy had ended up being expelled and sent to a 'correctional school' instead. Not that it had made you feel much better, as all that had happened was a new school bully had risen to take his place who also delighted in beating on you.

“Yes. Well.” You sigh, “Just come in already.”

>> No. 73680
By the time Renko's delivery had been unpacked and the girls had claimed their things, you had just about finished impressing on the brunette how vital it was that she keep her mouth shut regarding, well, everything.

“So... they really are from Gensokyo?” She whispers, the two of you sitting in the dining room, “This is so awesome!” She frowns, “It's a pity Maribel can't come down here that easily... she'd love to actually meet the people she's dreamed about for so long. Oh, I can't wait to tell her what they're like!”

“Renko!” You half yell, “What did we just agree to?” Honestly, for someone who was actually somewhat intelligent, Renko was proving to be incredibly dense in this one Gensokyo-related area. Then again, given how long she and Maribel had tried to convince others that they weren't crazy for believing in it, you supposed that you couldn't exactly blame her for being so hyped up over validation.

“Look...” You say, vaguely feeling that although progress had been made that you had, effectively, gotten no-where with the brunette. “... How about something to eat?” You suggest, giving up for the moment, “It's about time for dinner anyway.” Further conversation could wait for the moment, ideally until you had Ran around to give some insight... or perhaps just to scare Renko shitless. It was mean but hey, it wasn't like she hadn't done worse to you back in the investigation club back at school - she'd understand. Probably.


DINNER EVENT
Who will you ask to help in the kitchen?
[ ] Ran
[ ] Suika
[ ] Cirno
[ ] Renko
[ ] Hina
[ ] Utsuho
>> No. 73681
[ ] Ran
[ ] While making dinner, ask Ran to be a sort of...assistant? Co-teacher? With her knowledge, after all, she'd be the perfect choice...
>> No. 73682
[P] Renko

We can cook with the others any time, can't we? Plus, she needs some punishment.

This isn't at all because I've started growing fond of Renko. Not at all.
>> No. 73683
[X] Utsuho

Can anyone say radioactive food?
>> No. 73684
[x] Renko
>> No. 73685
[x] Ran
I have a feeling having the people most probably to be good at cooking go first is a better idea...maybe.

I don't know what would happen if we were to get someone like Cirno to cook right now.
>> No. 73686
File 123170591667.jpg - (99.93KB , 650x650 , 1206774566320.jpg ) [iqdb]
73686
[\!/] Ran

THEM TAILS.
>> No. 73688
[ ] Ran
>> No. 73689
[ ] Cirno

Can't go wrong.
>> No. 73694
[x] Renko

Happy couples cook together~
>> No. 73698
[x] Renko.

No matter how I think about this, it's the only way to keep her out of trouble while cooking.
>> No. 73700
[X] Ran
>> No. 73701
[x] Ran
>> No. 73702
[ ] Ran & Renko

Ran knows the most about this project and Renko could be a potential ally and help to educate the touhou if we play our cards right.

So i say, let's make those two meet!
>> No. 73704
File 123172258584.jpg - (243.14KB , 538x759 , 0007.jpg ) [iqdb]
73704
[x] Ran & Renko

This, since we have things to discuss with both of them, and we aren't really going to be teaching Ran how to cook.

>>73681
I can't think of a way to convince Ran that she should help us teach. She's been dropping helpful prompts, but I think she mostly has a "you're on your own" attitude until she gets over being dumped here.

Alternatively, if we can't multi-vote:
[x] Ran

Because she can be left alone in the kitchen while we deal with Renko. Ran will understand.
>> No. 73707
[X] Ran
>> No. 73710
[x] Hina and Renko.
[x] "A curse~ A curse~ We wouldn't want you to wake up every morning with bed hair, pimples and bad breath now, would we~?"

Heh.
>> No. 73712
[x] Renko
>> No. 73716
[x] Cirno
>> No. 73725
[x] Ran & Renko
>> No. 73735
[X] Ranko
>> No. 73738
[ ] Utsuihiciranko
Can't find that itsallthesameshit.jpg

[x] Ran
>> No. 73751
[x] Ran
>> No. 73757
[X] Ran
>> No. 73814
File 123188098031.jpg - (649.22KB , 600x800 , creepyeyeran.jpg ) [iqdb]
73814
Asking Ran to help you prepare dinner had, you thought, been a particularly smart way of killing two birds with one stone. It helped exceptionally well in that the noise of the cooking was bound to be more than enough to make it difficult, if not impossible, for Renko to eavesdrop on the conversations you had with the nine-tailed fox lady. Admittedly Ran hadn't exactly been happy when you had knocked on her door asking for help in preparing food, and you'd used something of a pathetic excuse at the time - that being the desire to 'just make sure' she was alright in the kitchen. Once pots were boiling and oil hissing, however, you were free to explain that you needed to ask her some things and didn't want Renko to be overhearing. It didn't exactly cheer her up, but she did cease glaring at you and even commented on your ability to be sneaky - though if that was supposed to be a good thing or not you didn't quite know. Upon outlining your situation she seemed slightly surprised, then more than a little suspicious before eventually stating that the control of the situation was basically up to you, but in her opinion it would be best to ensure Renko would not let slip to others before letting her know anything important.

Upon giving her a free choice in what to make the speed of her response had surprised you slightly, not even a second was wasted on thinking about it. Afterwards Ran had made mention that not everyone in her household liked the dish - which was interesting to you as it implied that she had family of some kind. Then again, given her worry over Yukari on the first day it was possible that she was a live-in assistant of some kind? You vaguely recalled her mentioning someone named Chen taking over her duties... an assistant in training perhaps?

You asked Ran this, during a lull in the cooking where more sensitive topics could be overheard, and was told that 'Chen' was something along those lines, but that a full explanation would take a long time indeed.

“Isn't anything in Gensokyo easy to understand?” You ask at last, feeling somewhat lost by many of the things Ran told you about. “I mean, spellcards? Danmaku? Every time I think I'm beginning to understand you start drifting off into subjects I don't know anything about.” Sighing you watch noodles boiling in a pot for a few moments as Ran busies herself with preparing aburaage - double-fried strips of tofu - in a wok of oil. “So this shrine maiden spends her time stopping 'incidents' - which doesn't make sense since you told me that only she can do it, but then you said several other people do too.”

“Because she made the rules. Theoretically anyone can solve such an incident, but because she made those rules stating only she can, all the humans assume it was her doing - which means their faith is directed at her and her shrine instead of elsewhere.” Ran replies, not looking up from her work. “It's fraud, plain and simple, really. Everyone with any real clout knows otherwise however, which is why most of us simply let our faith wander or many choose to put it into the Moriya shrine.”

“I... Don't quite get this whole 'faith' thing.” You admit, sounding a little down, “You said it's like an energy source for supernatural beings.”

“It's the closest parallel there is.” The woman mutters, “Fear, faith, belief, in the end they're all little more than you accepting that there are supernatural beings of varying types. In doing this you could say that you are... mmm... perhaps broadcasting a signal?” Dropping a few finished tofu strips into a basket she looks up at the ceiling for a moment in thought. “Without going deep into the theories... imagine you are constantly emitting a light, and that all spiritual beings live off that light.”

You nod. There were several things that fed off light - or at least required it to survive - in the world, plants being the most obvious example, though more than a few tiny marine creatures did the same. The analogy Ran was using seemed to make sense enough.

“Now,” she continues, “Imagine that different spiritual beings can only feed off light of certain colors or that which is white.” Made sense, you thought, white was made up of all colors after all. “Depending on the emotions, beliefs and fears that a person has, their light may change colors or be of several colors. Furthermore some can aim certain 'colors' at particular targets, ensuring only they may feed from it. If we say that faith is 'blue' then I can aim my 'blue' light at whoever I choose, or simply let it out in all directions - albeit with less strength than if it was directed. Even if I direct my 'blue' faith however, my 'red' colored fear would still be leaking out uncontrolled - so it's not as if a single person feeds only a single spiritual being, in fact it's impossible to not be providing for at least one type unless one has achieved true enlightenment.” She pauses, “or so I'm told at least, for I have never met anyone who has.”

“But I was under the impression that everyone had to flee to Gensokyo because there wasn't any belief.” You state, as you start dishing up noodles into bowls. “Or am I misunderstanding here?”

“Not really,” Ran responds, as she starts placing her fried tofu on your noodles, “Though it's less about there being 'no' belief and more about there being 'not enough'. Sort of in the same sense as if you climbed a mountain to where the air is thin - we could have survived, but many of us would have likely died away or at the very least been rendered incapable.”

“So.. .Gensokyo was something like an oxygen tent then?” You ask, now pouring broth over everything in the bowls. “A place with a much higher concentration of 'belief' that you could all live within?”

“If thats how you wish to think of it, then I suppose it's not too far off the mark.” Shrugging the woman brushes past you, “Really though, it's gods who have it toughest I think,” she adds, “Fear cannot be directed so Youkai always have enough, but faith can - so a god has to work to ensure they always have enough directed towards them. Perhaps this is why Moriya is so liked amongst spiritual beings? They freely share the faith they collect with several less consistently desirable goddesses.”

“... Like Hina?” You suggest, having the strong feeling that Ran was dropping a warning in your lap.

“Among others,” she replies, stepping out of the kitchen with a completed bowl of Kitsune Udon in each hand.
>> No. 73815
Dinner was... strained. For you at least. Every so often you could see Renko about to ask something, before being made to back down by a glare from yourself or Ran. Having Ran on your side now did reassure you somewhat, but that reassurance was opposed by your newly developing worry for Hina - did she look paler to you? Or were you just imagining it? What did happen when a goddess ran out of faith? What would you do if she did? Hell, what would you do if any of the girls got sick? Could they get sick? You didn't know. Ran had explained so much and all you felt she had really done was give you a whole host of new worries regarding your responsibility to keep everyone safe here.

“Hey hey!” Cirno calls out, her food left practically untouched to cool down, “You're gonna show us more stuff tonight, right?” She bounces up in her seat, “You should pick mine! It's the bestest!”

“No, mine is!” Utsuho counters, causing the blue-clad girl to glare at her. “I bet yours isn't as awesome as...” She pauses and looks at Meiling for a moment, evidently having forgotten her name. You get the feeling that Utsuho is a pretty birdbrained person. “uh... Mailing? Moeling? Mooling? Ah! Meiling!” She grins, “Yours isn't as awesome as Meiling's!”

Cirno falters slightly. It was true that Meiling's item, the projector, had been the most awesome-seeming of all the items from a purely visual standpoint. Technically it was perhaps less as impressive as the others since it was basically just light shining through a filter. Cirno, however doesn't know this and so retorts in the only way she can. “yours isn't either!” she declares, causing Utsuho to flinch back.

“Girls.” The word was whispered quietly, but both of the two froze at the sound. Hell, the hairs on the back of your own neck stood up at the word - and something deeper inside you seemed to want to drag you as far away from it as possible. “you shouldn't fight over the dinner table.” The voice continues, though it lacks the terror-inspiring ability of the first word spoken. Looking up you see Meiling smiling sweetly at both girls, and Ran sitting with one eyebrow raised. Renko seemed a little pale and the last two girls, Suika and Hina, seemed entirely unworried by the event.

“What was that?” You hiss to Ran, as Meiling starts lecturing the two misbehaving girls.

“Didn't think she had it in her.” Ran whispered to herself before giving you a sidelong glance, “I'll explain later.” she said, her eyes flicking to Renko for a moment. Obviously by 'later' she meant 'when Renko wasn't here'.

“Well, ah,” You clear your throat. “How about, if you've finished you can take your bowls to the kitchen for washing up and go about your business for, ah, an hour maybe? I have some things I need to talk to Renko here about first.”

“You do?” Renko asks, her face still a little pale.

“Yeah, I do.” You respond.



“So?” Renko demands, the others aside from Ran having left by now, off to do... whatever it was they did when alone. “You're not gonna give me another talk about why I can't tell anyone are you?”

[ ] “Pretty much.” - Reason with her.
[ ] “I want to buy your silence on this.” - Try bribing her.
[ ] “This is Ran. She's a youkai.” - Admit to everything.
[ ] “This is Ran. She's a man eating youkai” - Attempt to threaten her.
>> No. 73816
File 123188121657.jpg - (151.78KB , 600x920 , treat_for_ran.jpg ) [iqdb]
73816
Todays recipie is... Kitsune Udon!

Made using Aburaage (deep-fried tofu) and Udon... it's supposed to be a Kitsune's favorite food.
Now, you can either buy the deep-fried tofu from some asian stores, or make it yourself. Obviously I'm going to explain how to make it yourself (mostly because I'm pretty certain none of you need me to explain how to go to a shop and make a purchase.)


Aburaage (Fried Tofu)

Ingredients:
1 block (about 250g) firm tofu. (Make sure it's FIRM and not silken. This should be available in a good enough superstore, but half the time it seems up to chance whether and where they stock it.)

Vegetable oil for frying.

Level 1
Wrap the tofu block in a clean towel and place it between two fair-weighted items (Cutting boards, plates, something like that) and leave for an hour or so to press the any excess water out of it. (obviously do this over a draining board so you don't get tofu-water everywhere)

Level 2
Heat the oil up to around 165 C / 330 F. While that's heating up, slice the tofu block into slices about 7mm / 1/4 inch thick. If you want you can then slice them diagonally to make triangle shapes.

Level 3
Slide these slices or triangles into the hot oil using a spatula (I advise not dropping them in, since they'll splash and can fall apart if you do). Fry them until both sides are golden brown (which obviously may require you to turn them over now and then, it shouldn't take too long though)

Level 4
Scoop the slices of tofu out of the oil (again using a spatula, though some of you may have specific equipment for this sort of thing) and place them to one side on paper towel to drain and cool.

Level 5
Once cooled down it's worth giving the tofu a second deep frying by again sliding them into the oil and frying again so that they turn a lovely golden color. Again this shouldn't take long, and once done place them back onto paper towel to drain.

Level 6
Once drained and cooled you can eat! Or use the Aburaage in other dishes. Some dishes, however, will expect you to take this recipe one step further by doing the EX pr PHANTASM level step.

Level EX:
This is the bit that can go wrong, but can be omitted if you wish. Place the slices, a few at a time, in a colander (one of those metal or plastic things with holes in it.) and turn on a hot faucet and wait until it runs hot. Then place the colander under the running water and pour additional boiling water over it if needed. Don't leave them too long, just long enough to leech any additional oil from the aburaage - this can result in fried tofu which is hard to imagine had actually been fried. Or, if it goes wrong, it can also result in a tragedy.

Level PHANTASM:
Another method which I, personally, haven't tried is to drop the aburaage into boiling water and boil it for a few minutes. Looking around at what other people say about it, this seems just as viable a method and is often preferred for using in soups such as Kitsune Udon. (in fact, it seems to be a requirement when using store-bought aburaage) however either EX or PHANTASM methods should work fine.


Kitsune Udon!
For about 4 people.

Ingredients
Aburaage - up to you. At least 1 slice per person however.
Udon noodles - Enough for four people, usually 2-4 packs depending on pack size. (or make your own, in which case you'll just have to estimate.)
Dashi stock or good a fish or vegetable stock - 6 cups
Green onions - 2
Soy sauce - to taste, usually 1/4 to 1/2 a cup.


Level 1
Prepare the noodles according to instructions. This generally means to stick them in a pan of water and boil.

Level 2
To make the soup, put the stock in a second pan and heat up to a good simmering point, then add the noodles and soy sauce to taste.

Level 3
Drain the noodles and split them between bowls.

Level 4
Pour the soup mixture over the noodles.

Level 5
Place a slice (more traditionally, place two slices) of aburaage onto the noodles. Ideally it should be floating just in the soup but don't worry too much about that. You're done!

Level 6
There is no level 6. Not unless you want me to explain how to eat food, which I think you'll agree is probably going a little too far.
>> No. 73818
[X] Admit to everything.
[X] Reason with her.
[X] Try bribing her.
Subvote: [X] Let her come by when she wishes, as long as she brings, at most, Maribel with her.

First put the cards on the table, then try to make he STFU about it to others. She'll tell Maribel no matter what we tell her, (Didn't she already do that?) but hopefully we can stop her from running her mouth more. If reasoning fails, use the bribery option. (Also, she'll probably run around no matter what we do, so might as well make it seem like she'll be able to do it only because of our benevolence, a bluff that is.)

I have a feeling she's not really the type that's easily scared into submission for long, so threatening will most likely just backfire. The second she's out of the place no matter how badly she pisses her pants the fear is going to bleed out.
>> No. 73819
File 123188265885.jpg - (50.68KB , 500x445 , 1188863231160.jpg ) [iqdb]
73819
[\!/] “This is Ran. She's a youkai.” - Admit to everything.

I am SUPPATENKO, I'll spin into.....nevermind
>> No. 73820
[x] “Pretty much.” - Reason with her.
[x] If that doesn't work, tell her that Ran will eat her if she doesn't keep her whore mouth shut, or Hina will curse her and her family for generations.

>placing her fried tofu on your noodles
God dammit. I should become a monk.
>> No. 73821
>There is no level 6. Not unless you want me to explain how to eat food, which I think you'll agree is probably going a little too far.

No, please, explain. I'm a little rusty on this whole 'eating' concept. Food goes where?
>> No. 73822
File 123188832216.jpg - (54.94KB , 353x213 , 1207912681968.jpg ) [iqdb]
73822
I like this idea. Appeal to her reason then, if that doesn't work, then feed the Youkai.

[x] “Pretty much.” - Reason with her.
[x] If that doesn't work, tell her that Ran will eat her if she doesn't keep her whore mouth shut, or Hina will curse her and her family for generations.

Just turn off the room lights and give Ran a flashlight.
>> No. 73823
>(mostly because I'm pretty certain none of you need me to explain how to go to a shop and make a purchase.)
I wouldn't be too sure about that. Some anon haven't been outside to a shop in years.

[Z] “Pretty much.” - Reason with her. "I mean out of respect for their privacy if nothing else... but hey, if you want a bunch of angry, man eating youkai stalking your nights and a vengeful curse goddess to curse your family for generations, then I can't really stop you. Besides, I thought you wanted to know more? I can't tell you anything until I have your word you won't tell another soul."

slip in the mention of youkai and goddesses to bait her. It should pique her curiosity enough to get her to agree.
>> No. 73824
[X] “This is Ran. She's a man eating youkai” - Attempt to threaten her.

Hope Ran can take a joke.
>> No. 73825
[X] “This is Ran. She's a youkai.” - Admit to everything.
[X] "Apparently there are measures in place to keep any of this from leaking out, and I don't what they are, so..."
[X] Clasp Renko's hands in yours.
[X] "Please don't let this out, alright. I've only met Yukari, but already I don't want to know what the organizers of all this would do to keep it quiet, especially if they decide to do it to a friend."

Ren. I'm serious. I don't want you to get hurt.
>> No. 73826
File 123189117499.jpg - (643.84KB , 1000x1000 , 08eb420bcb90e354bab97c77b21b84f7.jpg ) [iqdb]
73826
[X] Admit to everything.
[X] Reason with her.
>> No. 73834
[X] Reason with her.
[X] Let her come by when she wishes, as long as she brings, at most, Maribel with her.
[X] Trust card: something along the lines of: "I want to trust you, but this is too dangerous for all of us to do so blindly. we could really die here, you know."
>> No. 73848
[X] “This is Ran. She's a youkai.” - Admit to everything.
[X] "Apparently there are measures in place to keep any of this from leaking out, and I don't what they are, so..."
[X] Clasp Renko's hands in yours.
[X] "Please don't let this out, alright. I've only met Yukari, but already I don't want to know what the organizers of all this would do to keep it quiet, especially if they decide to do it to a friend."
[X] Let her come by when she wishes, as long as she brings, at most, Maribel with her.

or something along those lines
>> No. 73858
>>73816

Test cook here again. Kitsune udon sounds interesting -- I'll try it tomorrow night, after the weekly shopping. Dashi may be difficult to procure or make, but fortunately, instant dashi is readily available in most large markets in the Asian section.

Also,

[X] “This is Ran. She's a youkai.” - Admit to everything.
[X] "Apparently there are measures in place to keep any of this from leaking out, and I don't what they are, so..."
[X] Clasp Renko's hands in yours.
[X] "Please don't let this out, alright. I've only met Yukari, but already I don't want to know what the organizers of all this would do to keep it quiet, especially if they decide to do it to a friend."
[X] Let her come by when she wishes, as long as she brings, at most, Maribel with her.

I like this one.
>> No. 73862
[x] Take her out, tie her up and throw her in the basement.
[x] "Don't worry about a thing, Ren-chan~ We'll take good care of you~"
[x] Her daily meals will be made by Cirno and Utsuho, and her only company will be Hina.

Oh God, why am I so cruel?
>> No. 73863
>>73862
Vitamin D deficiency?
>> No. 73864
[X] “This is Ran. She's a youkai.” - Admit to everything.
[X] "Apparently there are measures in place to keep any of this from leaking out, and I don't what they are, so..."
[X] Clasp Renko's hands in yours.
[X] "Please don't let this out, alright. I've only met Yukari, but already I don't want to know what the organizers of all this would do to keep it quiet, especially if they decide to do it to a friend."
[X] Let her come by when she wishes, as long as she brings, at most, Maribel with her.

>>73863

Eh, we'll get a sunlamp or something.
>> No. 73868
>>73862
As amusing as this would be, it wouldn't really work. Someone would notice and come looking for her. eventually it would lead them to us, and when the police got here we would have more trouble than we could handle.

...although a Renko with Stockholm Syndrome could be quite amusing...
>> No. 73873
[X] Take her out, tie her up and throw her in the basement.
[X] "Don't worry about a thing, Ren-chan~ We'll take good care of you~"
[X] Her daily meals will be made by Cirno and Utsuho, and her only company will be Hina.

This won't win, but it's so good I can't not vote for it.
>> No. 73875
>>73816
This was my dinner today, noodles were hand-made.
Thank you, AD, for this story, and the recipes.

Also-
[X] “This is Ran. She's a youkai.” - Admit to everything.
[X] "Apparently there are measures in place to keep any of this from leaking out, and I don't what they are, so..."
[X] Clasp Renko's hands in yours.
[X] "Please don't let this out, alright. I've only met Yukari, but already I don't want to know what the organizers of all this would do to keep it quiet, especially if they decide to do it to a friend."
[X] Let her come by when she wishes, as long as she brings, at most, Maribel with her.

Nice one, anon.
>> No. 73883
>>73873

I know your situation too well.

[X] Take her out, tie her up and throw her in the basement.
[X] "Don't worry about a thing, Ren-chan~ We'll take good care of you~"
[X] Her daily meals will be made by Cirno and Utsuho, and her only company will be Hina.
>> No. 73884
[X] “This is Ran. She's a youkai.” - Admit to everything.
[X] "Apparently there are measures in place to keep any of this from leaking out, and I don't what they are, so..."
[X] Clasp Renko's hands in yours.
[X] "Please don't let this out, alright. I've only met Yukari, but already I don't want to know what the organizers of all this would do to keep it quiet, especially if they decide to do it to a friend."
[X] Let her come by when she wishes, as long as she brings, at most, Maribel with her.
>> No. 73887
>>73868
Then we turn the place into Silent Hill and travel to a city further away for social interaction and supplies.

Really though, no one is being serious about this. Unless of course you want Renko to live with us(and possibly Maribel) - that would at least be sane, not to mention a resonable vote.
>> No. 73889
[X] Take her out, tie her up and throw her in the basement.
[X] "Don't worry about a thing, Ren-chan~ We'll take good care of you~"
[X] Her daily meals will be made by Cirno and Utsuho, and her only company will be Hina.
>> No. 73891
>>73887
>Then we turn the place into Silent Hill

Thanks for giving me ideas. Awesome ideas, may I add. Although I doubt I'll ever get to use them, they're awesome nonetheless. High five.
>> No. 73894
A note on LAZORS:

Sniper rifles do not have them, obviously.
Military and SWAT ones will usuallly be infrared, unless they really need visual ones.
Laser Designators are always IR.

[X] “This is Ran. She's a youkai.” - Admit to everything.
[X] "Apparently there are measures in place to keep any of this from leaking out, and I don't what they are, so..."
[X] Put a hand on Renko's shoulder.
[X] "I wouldn't want you to have an....accident."
>> No. 73900
>>73891
I think I'm picking up brain waves here, because I, too, just realized the awesomeness of that. I can only hope you do get a chance to do something with it.
>> No. 73907
>>73894
you know, now that I think about it, hina makes for the perfect crime. I mean, what were the chances renko would be so unlucky that a meteorite would fall on her? It's like she was cursed or something...
>> No. 73912
[X] Take her out, tie her up and throw her in the basement.
[X] "Don't worry about a thing, Ren-chan~ We'll take good care of you~"
[X] Her daily meals will be made by Cirno and Utsuho, and her only company will be Hina

Because I'm curious to see how this'll turn out.
>> No. 73913
>>73912
Jesus H Christ, five votes.
>> No. 73914
[X] “This is Ran. She's a youkai.” - Admit to everything.
[X] "Apparently there are measures in place to keep any of this from leaking out, and I don't what they are, so..."
[X] Clasp Renko's hands in yours.
[X] "Please don't let this out, alright. I've only met Yukari, but already I don't want to know what the organizers of all this would do to keep it quiet, especially if they decide to do it to a friend."
[X] Let her come by when she wishes, as long as she brings, at most, Maribel with her.

Something about this I don't like, but voting for it anyway because I like the other one even less.
>> No. 73915
[X] “This is Ran. She's a youkai.” - Admit to everything.
[X] "Apparently there are measures in place to keep any of this from leaking out, and I don't what they are, so..."
[X] Clasp Renko's hands in yours.
[X] "Please don't let this out, alright. I've only met Yukari, but already I don't want to know what the organizers of all this would do to keep it quiet, especially if they decide to do it to a friend."
[X] Let her come by when she wishes, as long as she brings, at most, Maribel with her.

Christ do not want Stockholm vote.
>> No. 73916
[x] “This is Ran. She's a youkai.” - Admit to everything.
[x] "Apparently there are measures in place to keep any of this from leaking out, and I don't what they are, so..."
[x] Put a hand on Renko's shoulder.
[x] "I wouldn't want you to have an....accident."

I don't really like this write-in, but I absolutely dislike the alternative.
>> No. 73919
>>73914
>>73916
If you don't like the other options...write your own? This isn't a presidential election; If people genuinely think your write in is better than theirs, they are likely to change their vote.
>> No. 73920
Not anymore they can't, consider this officially called before the voting gets weirder. (okay, technically i've already started writing, but i don't want the votes to swing another way now i have gotten somewhere...)

Seriously though, i'm amused at how many anons wanted to lock Renko up. Gotta write a side just for that now.
>> No. 73921
Seriously, did you guys really just want to lock, at best, for now, a tertiary character, up out of the blue?
>> No. 73922
>>73921
too, many, commas.
And she may be a tertiary character for now, but she has a sharp with and a big mouth. Combine that with mystical beings from another dimension and you get an explosive combination.
>> No. 73925
File 123215424646.png - (84.78KB , 602x450 , evilran.png ) [iqdb]
73925
“This,” You begin, a sudden feeling of sureness falling over you, “is Ran. She's a youkai.”

“I knew it!” The brunette exclaims, all but leaping into the air with excitement. “I knew it! I knew something was fishy with them when I first saw them!” She gives you a roguish grin, “And when I told Mari, she recognized them by description too!”

“Mari...” Ran murmured, “Ah, Maribel Han?”

“How do you know that?” Renko asked, glancing at you, “Did you tell her?”

“No, he did not.” You look at Ran curiously as she cuts in before you can answer. To be honest you're a little puzzled as to how she knew about Maribel too. She, almost sensing your question, gives you a glance. “Do you really think Yukari would not know about those with sufficient ability to see, affect or enter Gensokyo that are left in the world?”

“Well...” You pause and think back to the woman, “Actually... no, I don't believe she wouldn't keep track. She seems to be pretty much on top of things.”

“Oh, you have no idea.” Ran grumbles, before looking back to Renko. “Frankly she, and by extension I, have known about you and your friend since you first came into contact with Gensokyo lore - though I admit the two of you had been on our radar as being particularly spiritually active to begin with.”

“Eh?” Renko looks between you and the blond youkai, “Eh?” She seems confused, though you can't exactly blame her as you're not entirely sure what Ran meant either. “Spiritually active?” She frowns, “You mean like Mari's dreaming?” She laughs, “Hah, you're right off the mark there! I don't have anything like that!” The brunette smirks, “Still, given what Mari's told me about Yukari... I guess if even half of it is true then she probably would know that sort of stuff. But wouldn't several others? That Vampire lady for one, or what's-her-name from the other shrine. I think Mari only started hearing about her in high school...”

“Remilia and Kanako?” The vulpine youkai raises one eyebrow, then glances upwards in thought. “Perhaps the first, unlikely the latter. I see that though you know about Gensokyo, you don't know about Gensokyo.”

“You know, I'm feeling a little lost here...” You point out, before Renko has a chance to make the snarky response you can see her readying herself to deliver. “Can we maybe get back on topic?” Looking at your old friend you sigh, “Before you get too excited - I've been told that apparently there are systems in place to keep this from leaking out to the media.”

“Wait, what?” The younger girl - well you assumed she was younger than Ran at least - gives you a funny looks at that. “What do you mean by 'systems in place' ?”

“Er, no idea really.” You respond, “But given the type of people who seem to be behind this, ah, situation... I don't think they'd be very pleasant methods to keep you quiet.” Reaching out you grab Renko's hand and clasp it between your own, as if it were a lifebelt thrown to a drowning man. “I don't know what sort of things they'd do,” You mutter, “I've only met one, Yukari, but already I don't want to know what the organizers of all this would do to keep it quiet, especially if they decide to do it to a friend.” Almost instinctively the two of you glance towards Ran, only to shudder at the fanged grin she gives you in return. “I... Really don't want to find out...” You mutter, feeling a similar terrified feeling to that which you had felt from Meiling at the dinner table earlier - only in many ways it felt much worse.

“I... I don't think I do either...” Renko hisses, obviously just as disturbed by Ran's reaction as you were. Hell, parts of your anatomy were threatening to loosen themselves at the sudden aura of terror Ran seemed to be engulfed within.

“Well,” The blond mutters, “I'm glad this could be cleared up.” Glaring at Renko she narrows her eyes, “You will tell no-one. You will tell ms Han that she is to do the same.”

“Woah, woah!” You feel a slight surge inside as you suddenly step between Ran and Renko. “She gets the message!” Odd, the fear you felt - were still feeling - seemed muted somewhat now. “I don't need you dropping threats on my guests like that.”

Ran blinks, then steps back slightly in surprise. “Yes, yes.” She mutters, her face seeming to flush slightly, “I mis-spoke myself, my apologies.” Turning she hastens towards the door leading to the front hallway, “Yukari wants no trouble,” she mutters as she leaves, “It will be problematic enough with the others meddling - your friend would do well to stay clear of this whole mess.”

The two of you, yourself and Renko, stand in silence for several long moments after Ran had gone. “I... I think she's right.” Renko mutters after a while. “Maybe I should...”

“No,” You sigh, “No... It's your choice. If you want to visit again - fine, I'm not going to stop you. If you want to bring Maribell? Fine, that too.” Turning you look at the shorter girl, “Just... keep everything to yourself, okay? That way no-one will have any reason to do anything.”

“... Are you sure you're safe here?” she asks after a few moments more silence, “With monsters on all sides?”

“Monsters?” You mutter, “I don't know. They don't seem bad but...” You pause, remembering the sudden bursts of fear caused by both Meiling and Ran. “... I don't know. I don't think they'd do anything intentional though.”

“It was all so fun when we were looking for Gensokyo,” Renko murmurs, her voice barely audible to you. “Was it really that good an idea?” Shaking her head she looks up at you, her eyes dim. “I, um, I think I'm going to make my way home...” She mutters, then glances at the nearby window, “Before it gets any darker outside.” It was an obvious excuse and both you and she knew it, but you simply didn't feel right to call her on it right now. The girl, having just been exposed to a Youkai properly, needed some time to think about things on her own.

“I'll walk you to the door,” You respond, placing your hand on her shoulder. “You should get an early night when you get home.”



Waving Renko off as she reverses away from your parking area, you sigh. Though the talk hadn't actually taken all that long, you felt as if it had taken several hours instead of barely one. And of course now you had to act as if everything was normal, because it wouldn't be fair on the other girls to penalize them simply because of the situation with Renko and now Ran. No, you'd have to carry on and do what you had promised - gather the girls and pick a gadget to explain to them. This time, however, you would make sure to keep it shorter and actually get a proper non-drink-induced sleep afterwards.


[ ] Keyboard
[ ] RC Twuck
[ ] Rock Tumbler
[ ] Drinks Warmer/Cooler
>> No. 73926
[ ] RC Twuck
>> No. 73927
[X] Charge RC Twuck
For tomorrow, so that they can see it right off the bat. But for tonight...
[X] Keyboard

the rock tumbler might be TOO boring (and loud), and I just dunno about the drink warmer/cooler
>> No. 73928
[x] Drinks Warmer/Cooler
>> No. 73929
I agree

[X] Keyboard
Since they just took the tests, you can talk about needing to learn the written language to use it.

[X] Charge up the RC Twuck

(then tumbler, and finally Drink Warmer which will be used for the "hey you learned something" celebration)

Oh ho, Anon got some "protect humans from youkai" priest instincts flaring up? It should be explored more. Renko will likely not visit alone again, but maybe if she is with Mari...
>> No. 73930
[X] Charge RC Twuck for tomorrow
[X] Keyboard
>> No. 73931
File 123215944537.png - (57.40KB , 269x188 , 12139164205.png ) [iqdb]
73931
[\!/] Charge RC Twuck for tomorrow

>Ran blinks, then steps back slightly in surprise. “Yes, yes.” She mutters, her face seeming to flush slightly, “I mis-spoke myself, my apologies.” Turning she hastens towards the door leading to the front hallway, “Yukari wants no trouble,” she mutters as she leaves, “It will be problematic enough with the others meddling - your friend would do well to stay clear of this whole mess.”

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG
>> No. 73932
[x] Drinks Warmer/Cooler

Personally, I'm still in favor of going simpler to more complex.

other side notes: we should probably check on renko in a few days, and we should probably check hina out tomorrow. I'm worried she may not be getting all the spiritual she needs in her diet, and while I am loathe to drag Renko or Mari into this, they could be excellent sources of spiritual for her, if she is in trouble.
>> No. 73933
[X] Charge RC Twuck for tomorrow
[X] Keyboard
>> No. 73934
[x] Drinks Warmer/Cooler
Both convenient AND lulzy.
>> No. 73935
[X] Charge RC Twuck for tomorrow
[X] Keyboard
>> No. 73940
>This time, however, you would make sure to keep it shorter and actually get a proper non-drink-induced sleep afterwards.
>keep it shorter
>[ ] Keyboard
hmmmmm
>> No. 73941
[X] Charge RC Twuck for tomorrow
[X] Keyboard
>> No. 73949
>>73934
>lulzy
Well, you convinced me not to vote for it.

>[X] Charge RC Twuck
What kind of batteries come without a charge in them? Let's show them the Twuck right now.

[X] RC Twuck
>> No. 73961
>>73949

I see you've never purchased an RC truck powered by recharageable NiCad/Li-Ion batteries.

or that's how they usually come, here in the US.
>> No. 73964
File 123223576431.jpg - (134.72KB , 800x800 , a9d4d524a4064eac769efd8039c7c638.jpg ) [iqdb]
73964
[X] Charge RC Twuck for tomorrow
[X] Keyboard
>> No. 74048
>>73961
When I was a kid, we didn't use rechargable lithium ion batteries for an r/c car. A couple of D batteries would last you quite some time.

Part of that might come from my parents' lack of disposable income leading them to buy cheaper toys, but still. What's in these things that can possibly justify rechargeable batteries?
>> No. 74054
[X] Charge RC Twuck for tomorrow
[X] Keyboard

About the batteries: I've never seen a remote controlled car that didn't use one of those types of batteries unless it was a piece of junk. Of course. I always ended up getting the junk anyway.
>> No. 74095
File 123250214825.jpg - (380.29KB , 1280x1280 , Cirnoboard.jpg ) [iqdb]
74095
Actually, now that you think about it, don't most RC toys need to be charged up for several hours before use? You vaguely recalled hearing one of your old co-workers complaining about something along those lines once before. Just in case, however, you make a point of checking the box and, before the girls are assembled, remove the instructions and take a look - your worries are proven right, thankfully, and as a result you remove both the battery pack and charger in order to set them up charging overnight. That, of course, meant that the Twuck couldn't be looked at today - so instead you ran your eyes over the other offerings. Neither the rock tumbler, nor the drinks machine were that much of a spectacle and both had other drawbacks you felt disqualified them from choice today - the rock tumbler was something that took weeks to really work and the principles inside it were mostly also at work in the RC twuck too, things like motors and the like. On the other hand the drinks warmer was of interest, since it in turn would help explain how air conditioners, fridges, freezers and also heaters all worked. Explaining it, however, would probably lead to a demonstration which you had a gut feeling would then lead to a long drinking session - the kind of thing you were hoping to avoid tonight, so that was out.

Which left the keyboard... And, frankly, though you knew more or less how one worked... you couldn't play a musical instrument to save your life.

After a while the girls trickled in as you set up the keyboard in the middle of the room. Apparently they had been gathered by Ran and as they enter you find yourself staring at Cirno and Utsuho - both of whom have all sorts of leaves and twigs in their hair. For a moment you considered asking what the heck that was about, but then you shook your head and sighed - you had a feeling your probably didn't want to know why the two looked as though they had been clambering through bushes. Hell, given what little you knew about their personalities, it was entirely possible that was exactly what they had been doing. It reminded you that sooner or later you should probably get to know all the girls better and simply find out what the heck they did all day.

“Good evening everyone,” You begin, finding all the girls staring at you expectantly from their chosen seats. “Er...” It was a little nerve-wracking actually, having them all focusing on you. “Well, I've picked this to explain to you today,” You say, gesturing to the keyboard set up in front of you. “It's basically an electric form of a piano, so I thought it would be something some of you may be familiar with to some extent.”

“It uses batteries!” Cirno called out, causing you to pause and look at her oddly. The girl puffs out her chest and assumes a smug looking expression. “I know about batteries!” She declares, “They have ee-lek-tree-city in them!” She frowns and sticks her tongue out at Utsuho. “I said I din't lie 'bout knowing it!” she states, then looks up again. “The stupid shop man pays us in candies if we bring him batteries,” she explains, “an' he showed us stuff he put 'em in. They had little holes with springs and thingies... and so does that! So it needs batteries!”

You spot Ran frowning out of the corner of your eye. Ignoring it you give Cirno a smile, “That's right,” you say, “This 'electric keyboard' can use either batteries for electricity, or it can be plugged into the holes in the wall to get it.” You indicate the thin cord attached to the back. “I have it plugged in, because I don't have any batteries for it.” You shrug, “All it really means is that I have to have it near a socket - with batteries I could take it more or less anywhere I wanted to play it.”

Cirno grins, while you see Utsuho pouting. Possibly because of Cirno, possibly because her item hadn't been chosen. Given that Cirno had been able to examine it for a battery slot you were fairly sure it had been her that had wanted to buy this. “It's not very awesome.” Utsuho mutters, causing Cirno to leap off her seat, spin and glare at her.

“It is!” She yells, “You watch!” So saying she hops and skips over to the keyboard, peers over the top of it and after a few moments she pulls on a little switch. “Ah!” She exclaims, seeing a red light flick on. “This is the awesome bit!” She reaches out and presses a green button - immediately the keyboard bursts into life, demo music blasting forth from they speakers while the various keys light up to show off the notes being played. Cirno, meanwhile, stepped back, turned to face the others, and crossed her arms over her chest. “See!” she yelled over the music, “Awesome!”

“Right...” You mutter, hitting a button to stop the music and looking up to see both Meiling and Hina looking in awe, while Utsuho was obviously pouting at being shown up by Cirno and Suika was just laughing uproariously. Ran, meanwhile, was frowning at the blue-haired girl again for some reason. “I take it the man at the shop showed you how to do that?” You ask, causing the young girl to turn and nod at you.

“H-how does it do that?” Meiling asks after a few moments, “Is it possessed?”

“It does not feel possessed...” Murmurs the green-haired Hina, “Nor does it feel as though it is aware of itself.”

You blink. “Er... It's just a pre-programmed thing.” you say, “A tune someone has played once before and put inside all of these - sort of like a music box?” At that Meiling and Hina's eyes light up in understanding. “It's a bit more complicated, but basically most keyboards have several tunes they have stored inside that they can play for you.”

“So people don't play them themselves?” Meiling inquires, frowning slightly, “That seems... lazy.”

“Oh no, people play them - all around the world people play them a lot. The tunes on there are for... learning with, I think. There was a book of music that came with this, I think the idea is that you can make it play them so you can hear what it's supposed to sound like while you try to learn yourself.”

“Maybe not so lazy then,” Meiling amends, “um... would you mind if I have a closer look?”


[ ] “That's probably not a good idea.”
[ ] “I don't see a problem with that.”
[ ] “Maybe you should ask Cirno.”
>> No. 74096
[ ] Look at Cirno.
[ ] Look at Meiling.
[ ] Look at Ran.
[ ] Look back at Cirno.
[ ] "...er...Cirno, would that be alright?"
>> No. 74097
[X] "If Cirno doesn't mind" (look in Cirno's direction)

kind of a combination of 2 and 3. Avoids the potential fight while still directly agreeing with allowing her to look at it more closely.
>> No. 74098
[\!/] "If Cirno doesn't mind" (look in Cirno's direction)
>> No. 74099
[X] “I don't see a problem with that.”
>> No. 74100
[X] "If Cirno doesn't mind" (look in Cirno's direction)
>> No. 74101
[X] "If Cirno doesn't mind" (look in Cirno's direction)

Cue a lesson in sharing.
>> No. 74103
[x] "If Cirno doesn't mind" (look in Cirno's direction)
>> No. 74104
File 123250858076.png - (190.01KB , 600x700 , 00f6eb1369131ac37a17caba7c718015.png ) [iqdb]
74104
[ ] Look at Cirno.
[X] Look at Meiling.
[X] Look at Ran.
[X] Look back at Cirno.
[X] "If Cirno doesn't mind" (look in Cirno's direction)
>> No. 74105
[x] "If Cirno doesn't mind" (look in Cirno's direction)
>> No. 74106
[x] "A lesson in sharing is a lesson in caring"
[x] Look at Cirno, "Do you mind? If she uses it, that is"

I couldn't resist that corny line.
>> No. 74110
[X] "If Cirno doesn't mind" (look in Cirno's direction)


In before Cirno says that she wants to play it first, and then fails miserably.
>> No. 74111
{X} "If Cirno doesn't mind" (look in Cirno's direction)
>> No. 74120
[X] “I don't see a problem with that.”
>> No. 74156
“Uh...” You stare at Meiling for a moment, then shrug. “If Cirno doesn't mind,” you say, giving the small girl a look.

“Eh?” She goes, stepping away from you in surprise, “What?”

“You don't mind do you? If Meiling takes a closer look at your keyboard?”

The girl looks at you strangely for a long while, occasionally glancing back at Meiling before looking back to you. “..um... okay?” She offers, leaving you to wonder why she seems so confused. You note that Meiling has developed a sad look during this time and that Ran is nodding thoughtfully in her corner. “I guess... If miss China wants 'ta she can...” Cirno finally mumbles, then looks up curiously, “Why'd you ask me anyway?” She asks.

“It's your keyboard isn't it?” You respond, “If it belongs to you then wouldn't it be normal for people to ask you if they can use it?”

The girl stares at you. “Really?” She asks, “They can't jus' take it like that stupid black-white and stupider red-white do with my stuff?”

“Say what?” Suika suddenly cries, sitting up in her seat and staring at Cirno. “Did Reimu steal from you?” She asks, a frown appearing on her brow, “She told me she never did stuff like that!” The frown grows deeper, “She lied to me!”

“Oni hate liars,” murmurs Ran, from a position only a few inches from your ear. How she had got there without you noticing you didn't know, didn't want to know even. “I always had my suspicions about how Suika could be oblivious to some of Reimu's less savory actions - most Oni are rather fanatical on things like 'right' and 'wrong' in that way.” You can practically hear her smirk, “Word of advice - don't be tempted to commit crimes around her, such things simply won't end well for you.”

“Ah... ah... well, uh...” You hold your hands up in peacemaking gestures to calm the girls - or rather Suika - down. “Miss Meiling!” You exclaim, latching onto a convenient distraction. “Cirno did say it was okay, didn't she? So why don't you have a loo-” You cut off as the woman shuffles to stand between where you sit and the keyboard. Mostly your voice had stopped because doing such a thing had meant that Meiling's rear was now all but filling your vision. “Er,” you mumble, your face flushing somewhat, “I'll just, um, move out of the way shall I... hm?” You blink as Meiling hits one of the keys experimentally, then a few more before pausing and fussing with something. Leaning to one side in order to see around her you realize that it's the booklet of sheet music that had been supplied with the keyboard. You had left it alone since as far as you were concerned it was filled with meaningless lines and dots but, as Meiling starts to hit some more keys - this time in a tune - you are quickly made aware that while it's meaningless to you it obviously isn't to her. As her fingers dance across the keyboard and her music fills the room you notice, you your shock, that without thinking the red-headed woman was sitting down!

You wince slightly as her rear presses into your lap, then moves from side to side in order to get comfortable. Your face flushes red as someone snickers at your predicament - Suika or Ran no doubt - but Meiling doesn't seem to notice as she continues to play, oblivious to your discomfort or perhaps just oblivious to everything.

“Awesome!” Cirno yells the minute the tune finishes, and you feel Meiling squirm slightly as the others girls clap or say their own words of praise. “Show me how to do that!” adds the blue-haired girl, “Show me!” Before you, or Meiling, can do anything you grunt in pain as the weight on your lap increases due to Cirno literally throwing herself into the chinese woman's lap. Almost immediately Meiling twists, realizing exactly where she's been sitting during her performance.

“Ah!” She exclaims, her hands shooting up to her face, “I'm so sorry!” She tries to sit up, despite having Cirno in her own lap, and the end result is that she falls back into your own, forcing your to bite back a curse as she lands on you once again. Cirno however, thanks to some kind of sixth sense no doubt, had begun hovering in the air as Meiling fell, leaving her to giggle at the two of you - you both red and with two dead legs, and Meiling looking as if she might die from embarrassment.


Some time later and your legs still hadn't entirely recovered. Even after Meiling had managed to get off you had ended up spending most of the evening with Cirno sitting on your knees as she based away, under Meiling's direction, at the keyboard. During the lulls in the 'instruction' of the girl you had managed to explain, in fairly general terms how the keyboard worked - though you're fairly certain some of them weren't exactly listening. In the end almost everyone had had a poke at the keys before Meiling had given another performance - this time without you sitting underneath her... Though when no-one else could hear Suika had made a comment about how you probably wished you had been. For a moment you considered smacking her in the back of the head, thought about it, then did it anyway - she had just laughed it off and claimed your reaction as proof before running upstairs and leaving you fuming outside your room.



The next morning found you rolling out of bed, pulling on a robe and hitting your shower. A vague plinky-plonky sound from the direction of the living room told you that someone was in there and behind that you could swear you heard the sound of a toaster popping. As you brought yourself fully into the waking world through the use of cold water, you could hear someone moving about upstairs and upon leaving the shower you became aware of someone yelling outside. Well, that was four girls... which left two either still sleeping or simply being too quiet for you to detect. Heck, for all you know they could be flying around upstairs where unless they knocked into something you wouldn't hear anything.

Talk to the girl that's... :
[ ] in the Kitchen
[ ] in the Living Room
[ ] Outside
[ ] Upstairs

And if you wonder what Meiling played~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr6YKOIietM

(and yeah, i have no good picture for this post)
>> No. 74157
>You wince slightly as her rear presses into your lap, then moves from side to side in order to get comfortable.

oho

[ ] Outside

Yelling could be bad.
>> No. 74158
[ ] in the Kitchen
>> No. 74159
[X] in the Living Room
>> No. 74160
[x] Outside
[x] "What the fuck are you kids doing on my damn lawn?!"
>> No. 74161
> And if you wonder what Meiling played~
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr6YKOIietM

. . .
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
I'LL GET YOU FOR THIS DESU, YOU BASTARD.

[ ] Kitchen.
Ran, do want yes please. Hooray toast!
>> No. 74163
>>74161

It took me 10 seconds to figure out the tune.
Goddamnit.

[X] Kitchen
"wha' fer' breakfast?"
>> No. 74164
[x] in the Kitchen
I'm voting this because I am currently hungry. Ran with waffles is fine.

The song started and I thought "huh, this sounds pretty familiar. I wonder what its from. Some sort of game or ani-FUUUUUUCK."
>> No. 74165
[x] in the Kitchen

Any girl that already knows her place is fine by me~
>> No. 74167
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr6YKOIietM
Suscribing to the FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF feeling.

[x] in the Kitchen
>> No. 74168
Well, hell. Just from reading the other comments I already predicted it would either be Never Gonna Give You Up or Marisa Stole The Precious Thing. Lo and behold, I was right the first time.
>> No. 74169
[x] Outside
what DO those two do all day?

Also, I didn't recognize the song on the youtube video until there was only 10 seconds left. lol.
>> No. 74170
[ ] in the Kitchen

No matter what universe, anon belongs to the kitchen!
>> No. 74171
>And if you wonder what Meiling played~
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr6YKOIietM

I was thinking "Nice song" until around 09 or 10. Then I FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF'd.
>> No. 74178
[+] in the Kitchen

Start the day off right with our favorite Kitsune.
>> No. 74195
File 123275521352.jpg - (73.27KB , 550x390 , 1221516536865.jpg ) [iqdb]
74195
[x] in the Living Room

I love music.
>> No. 74198
File 123276373699.png - (741.82KB , 920x800 , d2ce8e7e7b20015c36b585cc8195fbb8.png ) [iqdb]
74198
[\!/] in the Living Room
>> No. 74223
[ ] in the Living Room

>And if you wonder what Meiling played~
Yeah, you got me too. Guess I should have seen it coming.
>> No. 74291
File 123301016461.jpg - (197.17KB , 389x466 , sadhinaissad.jpg ) [iqdb]
74291
Having pulled on a set of clean clothes - and taken a glance at your rapidly filling basket of unclean outfits - you decide to head to the kitchen after first making a quick stop in the tiny laundry room so that you could set your stuff to wash. Come to think of it, you should probably see about teaching the girls how to use the washing machine too... You didn't particularly want to see any of them accidentally wrecking their new clothes due to misuse and they all would have to do laundry eventually. It was odd now that you thought about it, the number of activities which you took for granted in knowing how to do them...

Passing through the living room you pause to give Cirno a wave as she pokes at various keys on her keyboard in a rough imitation of something Meiling had shown her the night before. The girl waves back, but soon resumes her plinky-plonky tune as you head into the kitchen...

Only to go flying as your foot lands on something slippery. You vaguely spot a piece of toast flying into the air as you come down, hard, onto the tiled floor of the kitchen, your head bounding off it with a sudden burst of stars that fills your vision. You hear a squeal of panic and, as you sit up, you feel someone grab hold of one arm and practically pull you to your feet.

“Ah! I'm sorry i'm sorry i'm sorry!” A voice repeats as you find yourself being dropped into a wooden chair that you vaguely recalled as having been sat just by the back door. You vision swims for a few moments and fills with what at first looks like a giant watermelon. After a few moments the watermelon separates into a flesh-colored blob surrounded by a green blob. “Are you still alive?” The blob seems to ask, and you nod an affirmative. “I'm so sorry!” The blob exclaims, “I should have kept control of... I didn't mean to let it leak out like... it's all my fault!”

Blinking a few times you try and get your vision to focus properly. You didn't feel too badly hurt, but you had more than enough medical knowledge to know that a solid impact to the back of the head could have all sorts of complications attached to it. Then again, you were thinking straight enough so it seemed as if you had avoided concussion... your vision was rapidly coming back into focus so that didn't seem to be anything major... Okay, you'd probably have a godawful headache for the next few hours but that was noting a painkiller couldn't fix.

One thing your injury did force to the front of your mind, however, was the simple realization that none of the girls knew how to call for any of the emergency services. “Hell...” You mumble, causing the now much clearer flesh-and-green blob to move about until, eventually, it resolved itself into the face of Hina, the supposed curse goddess. “... What the hell happened?” You mutter, wincing at the pain in your head - where the hell were the painkillers kept around here?

“It's all my fault!” The woman wails, and you can see now that her eyes are puffy and red due to constant tears. “It's always my fault!”

“Your fault?” You murmur, blinking hard a few times to get rid of the remaining fuzz in your vision. “I slipped on something, didn't it?” She nods, “Then it was just a spot of bad luck-” You wince as the woman breaks out into another wail, her visage a far cry from the composed and formal woman she had appeared to be before.

“It is my fault!” She wails, “I let the misfortune get away!”

“Woah!” pulling yourself to your feet you hold your hands up in a placating gesture. “Woah! Calm down miss Hina!” That was perhaps a mistake as you suddenly lurch forwards, only to feel two slim hands press against your chest preventing you from falling again. Gently those hands push you backwards, back into the chair you had risen from.


[ ] Response

After the glory of the Hong-roll, this post just kept ramming into walls, so i cut my money and forced a response to break though.
>> No. 74293
[X] "Miss Hina--please, Miss Hina--please calm down. Calm down, okay? Calm down. Don't worry. Don't worry. This sort of thing is bound to happen every now and then--it's just bad luck, plain and simple. It's happened to me before you arrived and it'll happen to me after, so let's just both take a grain of salt for a breather, and garrison bowstring sticking mental, okay? I'll drive heavily in wet rinse ringing everywhere, and if you limp and replace with portable clothes, that'll be just enough."
[X] "Now, if you'll extinguish, stripping scrotum through eerie leery pastures of deep smell."
>> No. 74294
>>74293
...
Tempting.
>> No. 74310
[X] "Miss Hina--please, Miss Hina--please calm down. Calm down, okay? Calm down. Don't worry. Don't worry. This sort of thing is bound to happen every now and then--it's just bad luck, plain and simple. It's happened to me before you arrived and it'll happen to me after, so let's just both take a grain of salt for a breather, and garrison bowstring sticking mental, okay? I'll drive heavily in wet rinse ringing everywhere, and if you limp and replace with portable clothes, that'll be just enough."
[X] "Now, if you'll extinguish, stripping scrotum through eerie leery pastures of deep smell."

Oh hell yes. Voting for the crazy option~
>> No. 74314
[X] "Miss Hina--please, Miss Hina--please calm down. Calm down, okay? Calm down. Don't worry. Don't worry. This sort of thing is bound to happen every now and then--it's just bad luck, plain and simple. It's happened to me before you arrived and it'll happen to me after, so let's just both take a grain of salt for a breather, and garrison bowstring sticking mental, okay? I'll drive heavily in wet rinse ringing everywhere, and if you limp and replace with portable clothes, that'll be just enough."
[X] "Now, if you'll extinguish, stripping scrotum through eerie leery pastures of deep smell."

Definitely.
>> No. 74328
[x] NOT the crazy write-in.

Come on, that's a dick move. You don't do that to a crying girl.
>> No. 74338
[X] "Miss Hina--please, Miss Hina--please calm down. Calm down, okay? Calm down. Don't worry. Don't worry. This sort of thing is bound to happen every now and then--it's just bad luck, plain and simple. It's happened to me before you arrived and it'll happen to me after, so let's just both take a grain of salt for a breather, and garrison bowstring sticking mental, okay? I'll drive heavily in wet rinse ringing everywhere, and if you limp and replace with portable clothes, that'll be just enough."
[X] "Now, if you'll extinguish, stripping scrotum through eerie leery pastures of deep smell."

Trauma-induced aphasia! I love it!
>> No. 74340
Oh wow, guys. Yeah, let's dick around with the girl who happens to be mortified and seriously distressed from hurting us, blaming herself for the situation in a way that clearly underscores deeper issues with her own beliefs about how she interacts with people. That'll have great results, and won't make her more distant from us at all, or cause relationship trouble down the road while we try to integrate her into society.

If we make it look real enough, maybe she'll even cry more. It'll be hilarious.
>> No. 74342
[x]Look, were you TRYING to hurt me?

[no]Then don't worry about it, ok? I'm fine. see?
[maybe, yes] make haste! to somewhere else!

As much as I like the crazy option, this will come back to bite us in the ass so hard that we'll have to get an artificial ass.
>> No. 74343
>>74340

We're not dicking around; a concussion can have serious consequences, as the protagonist has noted. If Hina can't learn to control her "leaks" around humans then all this socialization training will be for naught.
>> No. 74345
[x] "Woah, damn! Man up, solider! Stop your crying! What's with the tears? Magic doesn't work in the outside, remember? Just a plain ol' accident".
[x] "Come on, now. Get up. I'll make us all some breakfast" wipe the tears from her eyes and give her a hug.
>> No. 74346
>>74343

And clearly the best way to teach her is to alarm her and make her feel like shit, callously disregarding the very clear fact that she has emotional issues and blames herself whenever misfortune befalls anyone at all. She'll really appreciate us for this, and it'll be just dandy trying to get along with her in the future.

You're dicking around. Shut up and use your head to think; if you want to help her, be straight with her, don't yank her around and play on a serious issue of hers.
>> No. 74348
>>74346
Ooooorrr. . . Desu could have easily done this to us either way. Because while anon *THOUGHT* he didn't have a concussion, that's easly something that can come in later. Though, given the area hit, it's more likely that he'd have problems with his sight. (Sight is at the direct back of the head, language is left lobe just a little bit above the ear.)
But concussions work in mysteriuous ways, and could put pressure on another part of the brain. Which, theoretically, could cause speech problems.

tl;dr- Concussions are tricksie bastards.
>> No. 74349
>>74348

Yes, Kira, we all know that you love DESPAIR and would gladly damage our collective occipital lobe given the opportunity.

Please, you know damn well that the "crazy" write-in is stupid. In fact, given our conduct at times in MiG, there's no way you couldn't know. Don't even try to act like traumatizing Hina is a good idea.
>> No. 74354
Oh man, trauma induced aphasia is so incredibly tempting, and I compliment whichever Anon came up with it.

[x] Tell her its not her fault, and that you need to talk to her about faith later.
[x] Tell her to get Ran
[x] Anemia option

And yes, I know you shouldn't let a person with a concussion sleep.
>> No. 74356
[X] Gently take hold of the hands on your chest.
[X] "There now, see? You caught me before I could tip over, and that's a spot of good luck, isn't it?"
[X] "Don't worry about this too much, Hina. I've had spells of bad luck before you arrived, and I'll likely keep having them even if we part. The average life is host to a thousand small misfortunes, and that's fine. Just do what you can, and if you make a mistake somewhere then resolve to fix it. There's an old saying, you know: it's no use crying over spilled milk."
[X] "Speaking of doing what one can, could I ask you to get me an ice pack? Or maybe Cirno? I think I may have something important to teach you all today..."
[X] Resolve to teach the girls about emergency services.

Good grief, you people...
>> No. 74357
[X] Gently take hold of the hands on your chest.
[X] "There now, see? You caught me before I could tip over, and that's a spot of good luck, isn't it?"
[X] "Don't worry about this too much, Hina. I've had spells of bad luck before you arrived, and I'll likely keep having them even if we part. The average life is host to a thousand small misfortunes, and that's fine. Just do what you can, and if you make a mistake somewhere then resolve to fix it. There's an old saying, you know: it's no use crying over spilled milk."
[X] "Speaking of doing what one can, could I ask you to get me an ice pack? Or maybe Cirno? I think I may have something important to teach you all today..."
[X] Resolve to teach the girls about emergency services.
>> No. 74358
[x] Gently take hold of the hands on your chest.
[x] "There now, see? You caught me before I could tip over, and that's a spot of good luck, isn't it?"
[x] "Don't worry about this too much, Hina. I've had spells of bad luck before you arrived, and I'll likely keep having them even if we part. The average life is host to a thousand small misfortunes, and that's fine. Just do what you can, and if you make a mistake somewhere then resolve to fix it. There's an old saying, you know: it's no use crying over spilled milk."
[x] "Speaking of doing what one can, could I ask you to get me an ice pack? Or maybe Cirno? I think I may have something important to teach you all today..."
[x] Resolve to teach the girls about emergency services.

Changing vote
>> No. 74362
File 123303185939.jpg - (115.83KB , 1000x700 , HONK HONK.jpg ) [iqdb]
74362
[X] Gently take hold of the hands on your chest.
[X] "There now, see? You caught me before I could tip over, and that's a spot of good luck, isn't it?"
[X] "Don't worry about this too much, Hina. I've had spells of bad luck before you arrived, and I'll likely keep having them even if we part. The average life is host to a thousand small misfortunes, and that's fine. Just do what you can, and if you make a mistake somewhere then resolve to fix it. There's an old saying, you know: it's no use crying over spilled milk."
[X] "Speaking of doing what one can, could I ask you to get me an ice pack? Or maybe Cirno? I think I may have something important to teach you all today..."
[X] Resolve to teach the girls about emergency services.
>> No. 74363
[X] Gently take hold of the hands on your chest.
[X] "There now, see? You caught me before I could tip over, and that's a spot of good luck, isn't it?"
[X] "Don't worry about this too much, Hina. I've had spells of bad luck before you arrived, and I'll likely keep having them even if we part. The average life is host to a thousand small misfortunes, and that's fine. Just do what you can, and if you make a mistake somewhere then resolve to fix it. There's an old saying, you know: it's no use crying over spilled milk."
[X] "Speaking of doing what one can, could I ask you to get me an ice pack? Or maybe Cirno? I think I may have something important to teach you all today..."
[X] Resolve to teach the girls about emergency services.
>> No. 74364
>>74349
Fuck. You. It's because of people like you that MiG is no more, why GASD is likely to be no more. People who can't let go of that fucking Kira = Despair! bullshit. Yes. There was a sad end in snow. Mainly because, you know, YOU WENT BACK AND FORTH FROM BAD TO WORSE FOR MOST OF THE STORY. The kira = despair bullshit also severely threatened the second playthrough, and hounded GASD at quite a few points. The only thing I can really get away with is the series of unrelated scenes simply because you fucks aren't voting for any particular option that you can directly see how it's going to effect things.
I am quite ready to abandon this place completely, seeing as I can't tell any sort of a story here.

Feh. TL;DR- I'm fucking TIRED of the Kira = despair bullshit. Drop it all fucking ready.
>> No. 74367
>>74364

Did I hit a nerve? My apologies. It's a meme, nothing more; I can see where it originates, mind, and I should say that my own complaints about MiG have less to do with what you brought up than with some other points, but I suppose I don't have your side of the story. So, fair's fair, and if it irritates you that much then I'll avoid the despair jabs.

tl;dr cheer up emo kid.
>> No. 74368
File 123303499976.jpg - (189.01KB , 702x783 , 1215296747778.jpg ) [iqdb]
74368
[\!/] Gently take hold of the hands on your chest.
[\!/] "There now, see? You caught me before I could tip over, and that's a spot of good luck, isn't it?"
[\!/] "Don't worry about this too much, Hina. I've had spells of bad luck before you arrived, and I'll likely keep having them even if we part. The average life is host to a thousand small misfortunes, and that's fine. Just do what you can, and if you make a mistake somewhere then resolve to fix it. There's an old saying, you know: it's no use crying over spilled milk."
[\!/] "Speaking of doing what one can, could I ask you to get me an ice pack? Or maybe Cirno? I think I may have something important to teach you all today..."
[\!/] Resolve to teach the girls about emergency services.

IN SOVIET JAPAN, SPINNING HEADS YOU!
>> No. 74369
STRONG OPINIONS

VOTESPAM
>> No. 74370
>>74368
I'd let HER head me, if you know what I mean.
>> No. 74371
[x] Gently take hold of the hands on your chest.
[x] "There now, see? You caught me before I could tip over, and that's a spot of good luck, isn't it?"
[x] "Don't worry about this too much, Hina. I've had spells of bad luck before you arrived, and I'll likely keep having them even if we part. The average life is host to a thousand small misfortunes, and that's fine. Just do what you can, and if you make a mistake somewhere then resolve to fix it. There's an old saying, you know: it's no use crying over spilled milk."
[x] "Speaking of doing what one can, could I ask you to get me an ice pack? Or maybe Cirno? I think I may have something important to teach you all today..."
[x] Resolve to teach the girls about emergency services.
>> No. 74373
{X} Gently take hold of the hands on your chest.
{X} "There now, see? You caught me before I could tip over, and that's a spot of good luck, isn't it?"
{X} "Don't worry about this too much, Hina. I've had spells of bad luck before you arrived, and I'll likely keep having them even if we part. The average life is host to a thousand small misfortunes, and that's fine. Just do what you can, and if you make a mistake somewhere then resolve to fix it. There's an old saying, you know: it's no use crying over spilled milk."
{X} "Speaking of doing what one can, could I ask you to get me an ice pack? Or maybe Cirno? I think I may have something important to teach you all today..."
{X} Resolve to teach the girls about emergency services.
>> No. 74375
[X] Gently take hold of the hands on your chest.
[X] "There now, see? You caught me before I could tip over, and that's a spot of good luck, isn't it?"
[X] "Don't worry about this too much, Hina. I've had spells of bad luck before you arrived, and I'll likely keep having them even if we part. The average life is host to a thousand small misfortunes, and that's fine. Just do what you can, and if you make a mistake somewhere then resolve to fix it. There's an old saying, you know: it's no use crying over spilled milk."
[X] "Speaking of doing what one can, could I ask you to get me an ice pack? Or maybe Cirno? I think I may have something important to teach you all today..."
[X] Resolve to teach the girls about emergency services.
>> No. 74377
File 123304067756.jpg - (120.96KB , 550x500 , 408520.jpg ) [iqdb]
74377
>>74291
[X] Gently take hold of the hands on your chest.
[X] "There now, see? You caught me before I could tip over, and that's a spot of good luck, isn't it?"
[X] "Don't worry about this too much, Hina. I've had spells of bad luck before you arrived, and I'll likely keep having them even if we part. The average life is host to a thousand small misfortunes, and that's fine. Just do what you can, and if you make a mistake somewhere then resolve to fix it. There's an old saying, you know: it's no use crying over spilled milk."
[X] "Speaking of doing what one can, could I ask you to get me an ice pack? Or maybe Cirno? I think I may have something important to teach you all today..."
[X] Resolve to teach the girls about emergency services.

That said, you know, we need to get Hina on some kind of Faith intake soon-ish before she fades from existence. Maybe take her to an elementary school or library as someone to read stories to the little 'uns? Hina's pretty cute, motherly enough, can probably tell a wicked picture book (speaks from experience?), and kids will believe anything. Might do our group a world of good to understand what it means to deal with human kids too.

in b4 Okuu gives them all cancer.
>> No. 74379
Short time reader, first time posting. Yay!

I will go with...

[x] Gently take hold of the hands on your chest.
[x] "There now, see? You caught me before I could tip over, and that's a spot of good luck, isn't it?"
[x] "Don't worry about this too much, Hina. I've had spells of bad luck before you arrived, and I'll likely keep having them even if we part. The average life is host to a thousand small misfortunes, and that's fine. Just do what you can, and if you make a mistake somewhere then resolve to fix it. There's an old saying, you know: it's no use crying over spilled milk."
[x] "Speaking of doing what one can, could I ask you to get me an ice pack? Or maybe Cirno? I think I may have something important to teach you all today..."
[x] Resolve to teach the girls about emergency services.

Though I admit the aphasia one is hilarious. I dunno if aphasia can be temporary, though.

Also? We should give Hina some of our -own- faith. Faith in her ability to contain misfortune, etc. It'd be a start, of course.... though now I might start getting bad thoughts of the entire house becoming a cult to Hina.
>> No. 74384
[X] "It's fine. No more damage than what a night of heavy drinking would do."

Simple is best~
>> No. 74386
>>74379

Same person as this post...

... I just realized the best way to get Hina some faith -and- make her more confident about herself.

"Don't believe in yourself! Believe in me, who believes in you"

Now if only there was a good way to segue into that...
>> No. 74390
>>74386
You sound like chapters from a self-help booklet.
>> No. 74392
[x] Gently take hold of the hands on your chest.
[x] "There now, see? You caught me before I could tip over, and that's a spot of good luck, isn't it?"
[x] "Don't worry about this too much, Hina. I've had spells of bad luck before you arrived, and I'll likely keep having them even if we part. The average life is host to a thousand small misfortunes, and that's fine. Just do what you can, and if you make a mistake somewhere then resolve to fix it. There's an old saying, you know: it's no use crying over spilled milk."
[x] "Speaking of doing what one can, could I ask you to get me an ice pack? Or maybe Cirno? I think I may have something important to teach you all today..."
[x] Resolve to teach the girls about emergency services.

EZMode, we need your help over here. Could you please check the votes?

>>74365 >>74367

No, really, please stop that. I want GASD to continue, but it won't happen with an angry Kira, so please, please stop it.
>> No. 74395
>>74392

From the looks of it, it's legit. Hell, pretty much every post uses a different service provider. This is the strength of Hina's supporters.
>> No. 74401
>>74395

Thanks EZMod.

>This is the strength of Hina's supporters.

We are strong. We are many.
>> No. 74402
[y] Gently take hold of the hands on your chest.
[y] "There now, see? You caught me before I could tip over, and that's a spot of good luck, isn't it?"
[y] "Don't worry about this too much, Hina. I've had spells of bad luck before you arrived, and I'll likely keep having them even if we part. The average life is host to a thousand small misfortunes, and that's fine. Just do what you can, and if you make a mistake somewhere then resolve to fix it. There's an old saying, you know: it's no use crying over spilled milk."
[y] "Speaking of doing what one can, could I ask you to get me an ice pack? Or maybe Cirno? I think I may have something important to teach you all today..."
[y] Resolve to teach the girls about emergency services.
>> No. 74403
[x] Gently take hold of the hands on your chest.
[x] "There now, see? You caught me before I could tip over, and that's a spot of good luck, isn't it?"
[x] "Don't worry about this too much, Hina. I've had spells of bad luck before you arrived, and I'll likely keep having them even if we part. The average life is host to a thousand small misfortunes, and that's fine. Just do what you can, and if you make a mistake somewhere then resolve to fix it. There's an old saying, you know: it's no use crying over spilled milk."
[x] "Speaking of doing what one can, could I ask you to get me an ice pack? Or maybe Cirno? I think I may have something important to teach you all today..."
[x] Resolve to teach the girls about emergency services.

The thing with MiG though was that when it was occuring at the start, all we had to rely on for comparison was WuiG where we realized closer to the end that being a moron wasn't going to keep us alive much longer and they decided to smarten up, somewhat. MiG on the other hand, started off rather nuts and then never really bothered explaining the rules in place, as far as I recall at least, outside of IRC or much later on when the damage had been already done. MiG probably could have been handled much better by both sides but oh well. It's behind us now and I'll never get to experience more Suika from it...
>> No. 74410
Unnaturally longwinded write-in feels unnatural and longwinded. Especially for a guy who is in a lot of pain.

>>Simple is best~
Snake is right~
>> No. 74413
[x] Gently take hold of the hands on your chest.
[x] "There now, see? You caught me before I could tip over, and that's a spot of good luck, isn't it?"
[x] "Don't worry about this too much, Hina. I've had spells of bad luck before you arrived, and I'll likely keep having them even if we part. The average life is host to a thousand small misfortunes, and that's fine. Just do what you can, and if you make a mistake somewhere then resolve to fix it. There's an old saying, you know: it's no use crying over spilled milk."
[x] "Speaking of doing what one can, could I ask you to get me an ice pack? Or maybe Cirno? I think I may have something important to teach you all today..."
[x] Resolve to teach the girls about emergency services.
>> No. 74414
File 123307954814.jpg - (127.66KB , 700x560 , 1232893209858.jpg ) [iqdb]
74414
I'm not liking the ridiculous length of this write-in.
I vote Snake.
>> No. 74424
[X] "It's fine. No more damage than what a night of heavy drinking would do."

Let's go with simple. Or at least pass out halfway through the hueg write-in.
>> No. 74428
[X] "It's fine. No more damage than what a night of heavy drinking would do."

I already voted a crazy option, but seeing as that's not gonna win...this.
Simple is better.
>> No. 74429
[x] "It's fine. No more damage than what a night of heavy drinking would do."
I shall run with this.
>> No. 74430
[♪] "It's fine. No more damage than what a night of heavy drinking would do."
>> No. 74463
[X] "It's fine. No more damage than what a night of heavy drinking would do."
I'll walk really fast with this.
>> No. 74468
>>74428
Crazy option had 5. Unless you deleted your vote. So uh. It had won, I think. Iunno what desu goes to.
>> No. 74470
>>74468

I would suppose he would go by whatever seems to have the most votes, especially in a case like this, where one set of votes clearly outnumbers the others by a wide majority. That aside, whoever the fifth vote may have been, they seem to have deleted their vote.
>> No. 74481
[X] "It's fine. No more damage than what a night of heavy drinking would do."
I'll walk like speed of light back to my motorcycl and leave behind the bad place behind me with this.

>>74468
Huh? Does anyone do "first to 5" anymore? The only reason for that was to declare a winning vote quickly so the author could update again right away.
>> No. 74488
>>74481
>Does anyone do "first to 5" anymore?

I do.
>> No. 74489
>>74488
hmmm, never knew. But figures, YAF is a day one writer. He kept GM's habits.
>> No. 74579
Almost entirely by reaction you make a grab for the two hands, a part of your clouded mind recognizing them as something solid to hold onto. “There now, see?” You babble, “You caught me before I could tip over - and that's a spot of good luck isn't it?”

You hear the woman sniffle slightly, “But it's still my fault!” She moans, “I'm supposed to stop bad luck and misfortune from hurting people!”

“Don't worry,” you say, your voice beginning to slur, “I've had bad luck before, and 'm prob'ly gonna have it 'gain aft' y' leave...” You're vaguely aware that what you're trying to say and what sounds your mouth is producing are seeming to be two entirely different things. How long did concussion take to set in again? You couldn't seem to remember... though you were sure you knew the answer a few minutes ago... “Th' av'rage life is hos' t' thous'nds of mis... mis...” you frown, “... bad lucks, so jus' do what y' can and if y' make a 'stake then reso've t' fix it...”

“M... Mister Ryogi?” You hear concern, and panic, in Hina's voice as your mind just seems to get fuzzier and fuzzier. “Mister Ryogi!”

“i' thin' y' shu' call f'r.... f'r....”




“Good Afternoon Mister Shiki.” The voice is new, unusual, male. You don't recognize it as anyone you used to know... but it's curt and clipped tone was enough to wake you up from the lovely dream about watermelons you had been having after... after...

Sitting bold upright you curse and clutch at your head, feeling both the rough material of bandages and the pounding headache underneath it. Your senses go into overdrive as they taking in the white surrounds, the chemical smell, the uncomfortable bed - you're in a hospital room, no doubt about that. Searching your memories you recall talking to Hina and then... had you passed out? It seemed likely given you were waking up in a hospital bed.

“Mild concussion,” The man's voice stated, “Nothing serious in the grand scheme of things, your fainting notwithstanding.” Turning your head to the source of the voice you're surprised to find not a doctor but a man wearing the kind of suit you expect to see high-class businessmen wearing instead. That was worrying on several levels as unless criminal causes were suspected you were pretty sure that, other than next of kin or close friends, visitors were generally not allowed to see patients so soon. “Of course, such injuries are to be expected when one has dealings with certain... people.”

“Wha...?” Wincing slightly you glare up at the man, “Who...?”

“Let us just say, Mister Shiki, that there are those who have some concerns regarding a particular group of immigrants to our country.” The way the man pronounced certain key words made the hair on the back of your neck stand on end - it was clear that he was talking about the girls you were staying with, perhaps even all residents of Gensokyo. “Of course we cannot publicly be seen to endorse or advocate any particular stance on the situation, positive or negative, at present - but it is felt that perhaps you should take some time to consider the... dangers... of this little... shall we say, project?”

“What the hell are you talking about?” You growl, “The girls? They've been nothing but good guests and I -”

“ - Know nothing about them Mister Shiki.” The man interrupts, before bending down to pick up a briefcase and rest it on the side of your bed. In silence he snaps open the clasps, pulls out a slim file, and all but drops it into your lap. “These immigrants are not confined to just this country. There are others worldwide, and while such groups as the U.N have seen fit to take a 'wait and see' stance, I would draw your attention to the... ah... situations in other parts of the world.”

“Eh?” Frowning you pick up the file, flick it open and promptly drop it in horror at the picture of a half-eaten corpse that jumps out at you. “ugh! That's...”

The man simply nods once. “That's exactly the kind of thing these people are capable of. This case I believe was from Eastern Europe... Transylvania I do believe.” He smiled a thin, grim smile, “The culprit was, well, I'm sure you can guess what sort of monster it would take to devour a human.” Raising one hand to prevent protest, the man glared at you eye-to-eye. “And there is further evidence to indicate your little 'guests' and their fellows have been up to much the same thing here. People do, after all, go missing without a trace quite often. So, Mister Shiki, what have you to say knowing this?”


[ ] Response

[X] Teaching girls about emergencies will continue when possible

Screwover? No. You were destined to end up here - but at least you didn't go batshit mental first. Still expect i'm gonna get flak anyway though~
>> No. 74580
[x] "Is this honestly supposed to surprise me? I mean really, it’s pretty obvious what some of them are, and I remember my mythology well enough to know they are very dangerous. Unless you have something to tell me that isn’t blatantly obvious, I think we’re done here.”
>> No. 74581
[x] Excitement. Worry. Then patience, even if forced. Throw him back the folder.
[x] "Ambulance chaser. The kind of lawyer who follows you after an accident as you head to the hospital and then tries to fabricate a deal that would be good for his business."
>> No. 74583
Sudden misfortune which leads to questions?

Check.

Sudden confrontation with G-Man who is, quite possibly, in the words of JK Rowling, "up to no good"?

Check.

Courage, strength, and fortitude enough to stand up for our women harem guests?

Big ol' check.

And now, it starts.
>> No. 74585
I bet the crazy option would've won if we knew we were gonna pass out anyway.
>> No. 74586
[x] "Is this honestly supposed to surprise me? I mean really, it’s pretty obvious what some of them are, and I remember my mythology well enough to know they are very dangerous. Unless you have something to tell me that isn’t blatantly obvious, I think we’re done here.”
>> No. 74587
>>74585
I want to reply to this. i really do. but everything i think of saying makes me sound like an asshole.
Batshit insane option would have had a different set of penalties is all. Either way you were pretty much doomed to lose a day-event the minute you entered the kitchen. (think of it as a flag event if it makes you all feel better.)
>> No. 74589
>>74587
Oh, no--don't misunderstand me. I don't mind us passing out at all! I'm just making a comment, really. No meaning in it. Well, there is meaning in it, but it's just itself. There's no...

What's the word? The word that means I haven't got any ulterior motive, or that what I'm saying really should be taken at face value? You know, there's no meaning behind...

Oh, dear, I've slipped back to "meaning".
>> No. 74590
[x] "Is this honestly supposed to surprise me? I mean really, it’s pretty obvious what some of them are, and I remember my mythology well enough to know they are very dangerous. Unless you have something to tell me that isn’t blatantly obvious, I think we’re done here.”
>> No. 74593
[x] "I've been given a gag order, complete with immunity granted by an autonomous, multinational military force, from four-star generals on high to the prince of darkness himself. So you can tell your handlers--NSA, CIA, FBI, KGB, MI6, doesn't make a lick of difference--that you can't scare me with this gestapo shit. These pictures are gruesome, but they pale in relation to actual powers at work here. You want to do something constructive, G-Man? Get on your knees and pray. Pray that this 'experiment' doesn't end in failure."
[x] "Now if you'll excuse me, it's time for my lime jello and morphine."
[x] Hit the nurse call button.
>> No. 74594
[x] "I think I've seen regular humans do worse than this. Besides, I'm not going to damn an entire race just because of a few bad apples. Listen, if you are afraid of something new and powerful I understand your worries. But I'm a scientist and I'm not going to let bigotry and fear get in the way of research."
[x] "Thank you for the medical aid and informing me about this. New data is always appreciated and I welcome more. But I'm not going to be simply swayed by it. I'll make my own decision."


We are men of SCIENCE!
>> No. 74595
>>[x] Hit the nurse call button.
Suddenly, Eirin Yagokoro.
>> No. 74597
[x] "I think I've seen regular humans do worse than this. Besides, I'm not going to damn an entire race just because of a few bad apples. Listen, if you are afraid of something new and powerful I understand your worries. But I'm a scientist and I'm not going to let bigotry and fear get in the way of research."
[x] "Thank you for the medical aid and informing me about this. New data is always appreciated and I welcome more. But I'm not going to be simply swayed by it. I'll make my own decision."

Ah Doujin... Wording what we want to say anyways so elegantly we can't help but vote for it
>> No. 74600
File 123326797345.png - (114.05KB , 480x640 , b613ddc5358953962cc244a383b0130f.png ) [iqdb]
74600
x] "I've been given a gag order, complete with immunity granted by an autonomous, multinational military force, from four-star generals on high to the prince of darkness himself. So you can tell your handlers--NSA, CIA, FBI, KGB, MI6, doesn't make a lick of difference--that you can't scare me with this gestapo shit. These pictures are gruesome, but they pale in relation to actual powers at work here. You want to do something constructive, G-Man? Get on your knees and pray. Pray that this 'experiment' doesn't end in failure."
[x] "I think I've seen regular humans do worse than this. Besides, I'm not going to damn an entire race just because of a few bad apples. Listen, if you are afraid of something new and powerful I understand your worries. But I'm a scientist and I'm not going to let bigotry and fear get in the way of research."
[x] "Thank you for the medical aid and informing me about this. New data is always appreciated and I welcome more. But I'm not going to be simply swayed by it. I'll make my own decision."
[x] "Now if you'll excuse me, it's time for my lime jello and morphine."
[x] Hit the nurse call button.
>> No. 74601
>>74597

<3
>> No. 74602
>>74600
When in doubt, combine them all, eh? That's a bit much, though. Try to cut it down so it flows smoothly.
>> No. 74603
[x] "I think I've seen regular humans do worse than this. Besides, I'm not going to damn an entire race just because of a few bad apples. Listen, if you are afraid of something new and powerful I understand your worries. But I'm a scientist and I'm not going to let bigotry and fear get in the way of research."
[x] "Thank you for the medical aid and informing me about this. New data is always appreciated and I welcome more. But I'm not going to be simply swayed by it. I'll make my own decision."
Wagonning.
>> No. 74604
[x] "I think I've seen regular humans do worse than this. Besides, I'm not going to damn an entire race just because of a few bad apples. Listen, if you are afraid of something new and powerful I understand your worries. But I'm a scientist and I'm not going to let bigotry and fear get in the way of research."
[x] "Thank you for the medical aid and informing me about this. New data is always appreciated and I welcome more. But I'm not going to be simply swayed by it. I'll make my own decision."

Shiki and Bill should totally hang out.
>> No. 74606
>>74604
Bill can make an item of awesome and Shiki can explain, medically, how it can kill you!

Now that's a pairing i support.
>> No. 74607
[x] "I've been given a gag order, complete with immunity granted by an autonomous, multinational military force, from four-star generals on high to the prince of darkness himself. So you can tell your handlers--NSA, CIA, FBI, KGB, MI6, doesn't make a lick of difference--that you can't scare me with this gestapo shit. These pictures are gruesome, but they pale in relation to actual powers at work here. You want to do something constructive, G-Man? Get on your knees and pray. Pray that this 'experiment' doesn't end in failure."
[x] "Now if you'll excuse me, it's time for my lime jello and morphine."
[x] Hit the nurse call button.
>> No. 74608
Bill and Shiki are my OTP.

Drawfags, you know what to do.
>> No. 74609
>>74604
>>74606
Which Bill are you two talking about?

There's just so many.
>> No. 74610
>>74609

Klayman's Bill.
>> No. 74611
File 123327720460.png - (183.26KB , 600x800 , 9d1995db82a4aaeb10b427e874481fc9.png ) [iqdb]
74611
[\!/] "I think I've seen regular humans do worse than this. Besides, I'm not going to damn an entire race just because of a few bad apples. Listen, if you are afraid of something new and powerful I understand your worries. But I'm a scientist and I'm not going to let bigotry and fear get in the way of research."
[\!/] "Thank you for the medical aid and informing me about this. New data is always appreciated and I welcome more. But I'm not going to be simply swayed by it. I'll make my own decision."

Haha oh wow.
>> No. 74612
>>74390

Am not! I'm just quoting an anime!

>>74579

Hm! I suppose my random musings on this were somewhat correct... It is very well possible that the other Touhou girls were sent to other countries. Though I now wonder whether there are foreign equivalents of Gensokyo (Tír na nÓg , anyone?) that are going through the same thing.

Now if only I could get the desire to write an American version of this out of my head before I do something stupid...

Now to which of which to vote for...
>> No. 74615
[x] "I think I've seen regular humans do worse than this. Besides, I'm not going to damn an entire race just because of a few bad apples. Listen, if you are afraid of something new and powerful I understand your worries. But I'm a scientist and I'm not going to let bigotry and fear get in the way of research."
[x] "Thank you for the medical aid and informing me about this. New data is always appreciated and I welcome more. But I'm not going to be simply swayed by it. I'll make my own decision."
[x] "Now if you'll excuse me, it's time for my lime jello and morphine."
[x] Hit the nurse call button.

So far the girls we have managed have ranged from awkward to pleasant, none being outright violent, though we have has some severe warnings. The main reason why I go with this option, however, is because I think that our character would not feel that any human organization could actually stand up against these beings in an out-and-out conflict...If you must fight in a war, best to side with the winners, so to speak...
>> No. 74616
>>74612

ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 74618
I like how the guy is totally aghast concerning murder. SENTIENT BEINGS KILLING OTHER SENTIENT BEINGS? NOTHING LIKE THIS HAS EVER HAPPENED BEFORE

I MEAN JESUS CHRIST

WE HAVE TO COME UP WITH A NAME FOR THIS OR SOMETHING

LIKE ARTIFICIAL HAEMORRHAGING

IT IS LIKE NORMAL HAEMORRHAGING ONLY SOMEONE ELSE DOES IT FOR YOU
>> No. 74619
>>74618
I think it's a bit more than that. Ever play Fallout 2? Think Matt from Vault 13.
>> No. 74620
[Z] "Sentient beings killing other sentient beings? This has never happened before."
[Z] "We must come up for a name for this new phenomena."
[Z] "This looks like murder, plain and simple, and should be treated the same. You can't condemn an entire race because of the actions of a few disturbed individuals. Listen, if you are afraid of something new and powerful I understand your worries, But I'm a scientist and I'm not going to let bigotry and fear get in the way of research."
[Z] "Thank you for the medical aid and informing me about this. New data is always appreciated and I welcome more. But I'm not going to be simply swayed by it. I'll make my own decisions."
[Z] "Now if you'll excuse me, it's time for my lime jello and morphine."
[Z] Hit the nurse call button.
>> No. 74630
[Z] "Sentient beings killing other sentient beings? This has never happened before!"
[Z] "We must come up for a name for this new phenomena!"
[x] "But is this honestly supposed to surprise me? I mean really, it’s pretty obvious what some of them are, and I remember my mythology well enough to know they are very dangerous. Unless you have something to tell me that isn’t blatantly obvious, I think we’re done here.”
[X]"Humanity has survived them in tougher times. Times when the only weapons avaiable were swords and spears. Humans have killed more humans in 100 years than they have in 1000 years."
[X "Now if you'll excuse me, it's time for my lime jello and morphine."
[X]Hit the nurse call button.

Here, have my coins.
>> No. 74631
[Z] "Sentient beings killing other sentient beings? This has never happened before."
[Z] "We must come up for a name for this new phenomena."
[Z] "This looks like murder, plain and simple, and should be treated the same. You can't condemn an entire race because of the actions of a few disturbed individuals. Listen, if you are afraid of something new and powerful I understand your worries, But I'm a scientist and I'm not going to let bigotry and fear get in the way of research."
[Z] "Thank you for the medical aid and informing me about this. New data is always appreciated and I welcome more. But I'm not going to be simply swayed by it. I'll make my own decisions."
[Z] "Now if you'll excuse me, it's time for my lime jello and morphine."
[Z] Hit the nurse call button.
>> No. 74633
>>74616

... Sorry?

[Z] "Sentient beings killing other sentient beings? This has never happened before."
[Z] "We must come up for a name for this new phenomena."
[Z] "This looks like murder, plain and simple, and should be treated the same. You can't condemn an entire race because of the actions of a few disturbed individuals. Listen, if you are afraid of something new and powerful I understand your worries, But I'm a scientist and I'm not going to let bigotry and fear get in the way of research."
[Z] "Thank you for the medical aid and informing me about this. New data is always appreciated and I welcome more. But I'm not going to be simply swayed by it. I'll make my own decisions."
[Z] "Now if you'll excuse me, it's time for my lime jello and morphine."
[Z] Hit the nurse call button.
>> No. 74634
[x] "Sentient beings killing other sentient beings? This has never happened before!"
[x] "We must come up for a name for this new phenomena!"
[x] "But is this honestly supposed to surprise me? I mean really, it’s pretty obvious what some of them are, and I remember my mythology well enough to know they are very dangerous. Unless you have something to tell me that isn’t blatantly obvious, I think we’re done here.”
[x]"Humanity has survived them in tougher times. Times when the only weapons avaiable were swords and spears. Humans have killed more humans in 100 years than they have in 1000 years."
[x] "Now if you'll excuse me, it's time for my lime jello and morphine."
[x]Hit the nurse call button.
>> No. 74659
[x] "Sentient beings killing other sentient beings? This has never happened before."
[x] "We must come up for a name for this new phenomena."
[x] "This looks like murder, plain and simple, and should be treated the same. You can't condemn an entire race because of the actions of a few disturbed individuals. Listen, if you are afraid of something new and powerful I understand your worries, But I'm a scientist and I'm not going to let bigotry and fear get in the way of research."
[x] "Thank you for the medical aid and informing me about this. New data is always appreciated and I welcome more. But I'm not going to be simply swayed by it. I'll make my own decisions."
[x] "Now if you'll excuse me, it's time for my lime jello and morphine."
[x] Hit the nurse call button.
>> No. 74663
[x] "Sentient beings killing other sentient beings? This has never happened before."
[x] "We must come up for a name for this new phenomena."
[x] "This looks like murder, plain and simple, and should be treated the same. You can't condemn an entire race because of the actions of a few disturbed individuals. Listen, if you are afraid of something new and powerful I understand your worries, But I'm a scientist and I'm not going to let bigotry and fear get in the way of research."
[x] "Thank you for the medical aid and informing me about this. New data is always appreciated and I welcome more. But I'm not going to be simply swayed by it. I'll make my own decisions."
[x] "Now if you'll excuse me, it's time for my lime jello and morphine."
[x] Hit the nurse call button.
>> No. 74667
Well shit. This one will be a bitch to call and no mistake.

So i think the only viable way forward is to mix 'em all up - since they all have basically the same sentiment, and there's no way i'm not using that snarky-as-hell bit from the last few votes... Anyway, consider it called, and expect a new thread sometime.
>> No. 74670
[x] Excitement. Worry. Then patience, even if forced. Throw him back the folder.
[x] "Ambulance chaser. The kind of lawyer who follows you after an accident as you head to the hospital and then tries to fabricate a deal that would be good for his business."

What is with you people and long write-ins?
>> No. 74677
>>74612
It's posts like this that make a case against advertising this site.
>> No. 74683
>>74667
These boards have an amazing ability to pick up up and assimilate votes like a god damn katamari, ultimately hitting critical fail mass and exploding into a star.


You know what we want to say, AD. Just reword it yourself and make it sound natural.
>> No. 74697
>>74677

God forbid someone not act in a way you deem fit, right?
>> No. 74704
>>74677

Elitism is what is killing the boards. At least he isn't going all "KAWAII DESU NE??/? >.< =DDD"
>> No. 74718
>>74677
We lost the ability to be elitist when we became refugees. From 4chan of all places. We were exiled from the shithole of the internet. being elitist at this point makes us no better than where we left, and honestly, I don't care who comes as long as they aren't a bloody moron or a complete jackass.

I don't care about smiley use, I don't care about prior knowledge as long as they are willing to lurk more till they pick it up, and I don't care where they come from originally. I have no doubt that asshat egoists will get smacked down quickly, they usually do.
>> No. 74726
I think caged dogs become so neurotic and restless that they'll bite at their own kin without thinking.

Only a few people care about the smiley thing, and they are generally asshats who need to log off and go outside.
>> No. 74738
>>74718
4chan got even worse since then. /a/ is like Crunchyroll and /b/ put together.
At least keep this board clean from that faggotry.