[Return]
Archived thread

File 122825548585.jpg - (751.80KB , 4842x708 , Everyone-and-anyone.jpg ) [iqdb]
70394 No. 70394
Original thread removed to avoid clutter. Posts 1 and 2 reposted here, then continuing with new posts.


February 24th, 2012

It began with two things, a letter and an asshole.

All right, technically it began with the letter, but if it wasn't for the asshole you probably would have simply thrown the letter away thinking it to be junk. Specifically the asshole had been your boss at work, well - your ex-boss now you supposed, given the bastard had got you fired. He was the son of the companies owner, a useless waste of flesh who had been over-promoted simply because his dear ol' pops happened to be the guy everyone wanted to suck up to.

He'd done some stupid shit and you, foolishly, had called him on it. Admittedly it wasn't so foolish when you considered the amount of trouble the shit he had pulled could have caused, but he didn't seem to care as he had come down on you like a ton of bricks for 'humiliating' him in front of his workforce. Bunch of cowards... not one spoke out against him. Not that you really blame them though, you and they both knew that if they had defended you then they'd be the next ones on the chopping block under the bosses axe.

So, there you were. Fumbling with the lock to your apartment - an apartment you now couldn't make rent on - while trying to balance your box of workplace belonging in one arm along with a bag full of alcohol you had bought with some of your now scarce savings. If any night was a night for a person to drink themselves into a stupor, than this had to be it - unemployed, poor and unless you got a source of money within the next week or two, soon to be homeless. Oh, you could probably beg a place at a friend's for a few days but if you wanted to keep a roof over your head you only option then would be to crawl back to your father.

That would just be swapping one asshole for another tough. Your father wasn't technically a bad person, he was practically a pillar of the community back home in the shrine he tended. But he had... he had betrayed you in the worst way possible... And so you had left as soon as you were able to, though it had taken several years to get to that point. He had yelled and ranted, and you had simply walked away and went to the city, to university, and you had not cared to see him since. Your grandfather had talked to you, how the hell you father managed to convince him to leave the ancestral shrine you had no idea, and another row had erupted.

Pff. Like you were going to become a priest like he wanted. So what if it was family tradition? There was no way in hell you were going to become one after what had happened back then... and unless you changed your mind, which wasn't damn likely, there was no way you were going to go crawling back to your father either.

All this inevitably led to the letter.

You'd practically slipped on the damn thing when you came into your apartment since some fool had obviously slid it under your door rather than stick it in your letterbox on the ground floor like they were supposed to. The close call of almost breaking your neck in a fall aside, the letter had been the last thing on your mind at the time and so you had simply picked it up and thrown it onto a nearby surface while you headed off to drink yourself silly.

Except... you couldn't. You'd downed maybe two shots of some cheap liqueur, brandy maybe, and then discovered that you didn't care enough to keep drinking. Instead you had simply watched television for a while - listening to the news spout on about politics this and crimewave that. There was a warning of unusual seismic activity in the mountains up north, but the numbers and warnings they rattled off didn't faze you, around here small earthquakes were pretty common after all.

It wasn't until just after you had begun fixing yourself dinner, just some pan-fried chicken and noodles - you had learned long ago that being able to cook properly made life so much better, that you remembered the letter you had left earlier. Hands still damp from washing them you retrieved the letter and peered at it as you let you let your food sizzle away happily. It didn't seem all that odd, though the address was hand written in elegant flowing letters - not a handwriting style you recognised offhand. The stamp on it was... missing. Which meant that the letter must have been hand delivered then - though who would bother writing a postal address on a letter if they were going to deliver it by hand?

Curious.

Your inspection pauses for a few moments so that you could flip and stir the chicken and noodles in their pan before resuming with the decisive action of simply tearing the letter open. Immediately the scent of... something... over-powered that of the cooking food. It was a familiar sort of scent... earthy with perhaps more than a touch of aromatic woods and, yes, there was definitely the slightly acrid odour of incense. What it meant you didn't really know, but you did know this was the sort of smell that permeated both the wooden countryside houses of your home village and, more disturbingly, it was the smell of a shrine.

You were almost tempted to throw it away then, that smell bringing back memories you didn't want. Something, however, stayed your hand and instead made you poke two fingers inside the envelope and extract the contents from within.

Of course then your chicken started to burn, causing you to discard the letter onto a counter top where it lay until late that night as you fixed yourself a drink to head to bed with. In the end you read the letter while sitting in your bed, enjoying the warmth your blankets provided.

“To the recipient of this message.” it began, in that same neat handwriting that had been on the envelope. “For you to be reading this you have been picked to receive a rather exciting offer.” Once more you almost threw the letter away, thinking it to be junk but... what the hell, you had nothing else to do so you figured there would be no harm in at least reading it through properly. “Bear in mind that this is a one time offer, and that once refused or accepted no change of decision will be brokered. If you wish to take up this offer, please circle any six of the following words - do, please, decide on these in any way you wish.”

Glancing down at the bottom of the letter you note the, rather large, list of words all separated by commas. Then you look back up and almost drop the letter in shock at the next line.

“In future, however, we would prefer it if you read your mail before you got into bed. You really shouldn't leave things too late after all. Now, please, choose if you will.” Gulping at the... spookily precognitive ability of whoever wrote this, you cast your eyes properly over the list of words. There doesn't seem to be any pattern, any rhyme or reason that you can see - just an unconnected list of words to pick from and, oddly, you realize that somewhere along the line you must have taken up a pen from your bedside table.


Pick six.

Busy, Ummm?, Motherly, Boring, Following, Shy, Angry, Swinging, Normal, Hungover, Worthless, Elegant, Refined, Sexy, SPRING!, Loved, Intelligent, Unlucky, Greatest!, Fair, Cheeky, Maid, Strongest!, Flat, Black, Rumia, Musical. Fevered, Envied, Dead, Feminine, Slave, Honest, Speedy, Red, Monstrous, Fairy, Secret, AWESOME!, Excited, Sleepy, Distracted, Efficient, White, Peckish, Amazing, Educational, Fantastic, Working, Scented, Spinning, Balanced, Irritable, Aroused, Loyal, Brilliant,

>> No. 70395
The list of words is meaningless to you, though a few seem to pop out at you after staring at them for a while. Maybe they were significant in some way? Or far more likely your eyes were just staring to go funny due to your tiredness and the dim lighting in the room. With some care you gently ring the words which stood out, the faint scratching sound of your pen on paper sounding terribly loud in the silence of your bedroom. Soon enough six words had been circled and you spent a moment to look them over and consider what could have possibly made you choose them.

The first, 'Motherly', sounded reassuring - and sadly you knew damn well why this was but now was not a time to think about that sort of thing as you knew you always had trouble sleeping if you let your mind linger on that for too long. Instead you focus on the next word along, 'Worthless', a pretty good description of how you felt right now you thought. No job, no real friends to speak of, no savings and sooner or later no home either. Worthless was a pretty apt description all right. 'Strongest!' came next, though you couldn't offhand think of any particular reason you'd picked it - which made you feel a little stupid, though you felt you made up for it with 'Rumia' which, to you, sounded like a person's name. If nothing else then at least that one had some kind of indication as to it being related to a person somehow... perhaps all of these were related to people?

You blink at the next entry, 'Monstrous' - if these were representing people, then who would refer to themselves in that way? It seemed perhaps a little sad if you thought about it like that, a real monster would be someone like your ex-boss, an asshole who cared for nothing other than his own image. Not for the first time you wonder what this is all about - would you have to send this list anywhere? Was it just for fun? Some kind of weird psychological test maybe? Eh, you'd work that one out in the morning, for now there was just the last word, 'Spinning'. You'd picked it... oh... because it seemed to spark a vague sense of amusement when you read it, you just couldn't get the image of someone spinning around and around until dizzy out of your head.

All done you carefully place your pen in it's place on your bedside table and check over the letter. Aside from asking you to circle several words there didn't seem to be any other instructions on it - maybe someone was supposed to come and collect it? The letter had been delivered by hand after all so it did make sense that it could be collected the same way.

Well, whatever. You'd done what the letter asked and since you had no idea what you were meant to do next you simply folded it up and placed it on your bedside table. Solving this mystery could wait until the morning.



February 25th, 2012

Morning came and morning went. Despite your expectations no-one came to collect the letter the next morning and by the time lunchtime rolled around you had gotten bored of waiting. You had things to do after all, like go hunt around for a new job for instance. Things that you simply couldn't afford to put off just to wait for a person who might or might not even show up.

Lunch came and lunch went for you, out in town looking for work with absolutely no luck whatsoever. In the end it had started to rain and you had decided to give up for the day rather than to keep wandering around from place to place and getting progressively more soaked in the process. Frankly all you were looking forward to was a hot drink and to drag your blanket out of your bedroom so you could wrap yourself up warm and simply watch television for a while.

Alas, as you were soon to discover, this wasn't going to be happening.

Upon arriving at your apartment block you were greeted by the sight of a large removals van blocking the path to the main entrance. This wasn't too unusual, as people moved in and out all the time around here since most of it was leased out as student accommodation and so only saw use for about two thirds of the year. All it meant was that you had to detour around the van... around the back of the van. You might not normally be a nosy person by nature, but it would be nice to know if this was someone moving out or in and, if so, perhaps find out who. Acting quite casual you stepped around to talk past the open rear of the truck and quickly glanced inside at the piled up furniture. Well, it looked like a bachelor was moving out if you had to make a guess, which meant this wasn't anything of any great importance to...

Wait a minute.

Some of that furniture had looked awfully familiar.

You turned then and rushed back only to find your suspicion confirmed - that wasn't anyone's furniture in the truck, that was your furniture! Not to mention the rest of the crap you owned!

“Ah, you're back.” You spin towards the speaker, a woman who had evidently come out from the apartment building while you were looking into the truck. She's tall, blonde, definitely busty - the sort of woman you'd dream of being intimate with if you'd ever seen her before. She's wearing a black dress - no, that's not quite right, it's not black but rather a very dark purple that's almost black... frankly she seemed to exude the feeling of one of those executives who used to visit your workplace from time to time, she had power and she damn well knew it.

“What,” you begin, slightly at lost for words - had this been a man you probably would have ranted and raged, but the concept of being civil to woman was so ingrained into you from a young age that it was hard to shake off in this situation. “What the hell is going on here!” you settle for, “That's my stuff! My property!”

“Your property?” The woman asks, smiling lightly, “I do believe I'll have to check that - may I have your name and occupation? Or, at least, any previous occupation anyway.”


[ ] Select a name and previous occupation for this Anon.
>> No. 70396
File 122825561683.jpg - (43.17KB , 400x533 , Suited-Lady.jpg ) [iqdb]
70396
You frown slightly... how the heck did she know you'd been... No, that was probably just coincidence that she had asked.

“Shiki Ryougi,” You state, crossing your arms across your chest. “Biochemical engineer.” You wait as the woman smiles sweetly at you for several long moments. There's a sort of undeniable pressure there, like she knows that you're omitting something and is making sure you know she knows without actually coming out and telling you. It took a matter of seconds under that looks before you caved. “Assistant.” You finally admit, “Assistant Biochemical Engineer.”

“Excellent!” The woman exclaims, clapping her hands. “Then we did get the right property after all! For a moment there I was worried that perhaps a mistake had been made, but evidently not!”

“What do you mean there's no mistake!” You cry, “That's my stuff! My stuff! This is outright thievery!” Good manners be damned, this woman had all but admitted she was not only behind this purloining of your home but also that the act was well and truly intentional too.

“It's only thievery if it's done without permission - something you already gave,” The woman looks down at a clipboard that you were sure she hadn't had on her a moment ago, “In fact you gave it last night, though we weren't able to confirm that until this morning. Tsk, tsk, mister Ryougi, didn't you even read the fine print on the form we gave you?”

“Form? What Fo-” You pause, then frown, “Not that letter I got yesterday? How the hell are you supposed to know my reply to that when no-one came to collect it!?”

“Isn't it obvious!” She exclaims, smiling at you, “Forced entry! Or rather,” She gives you a nasty little look, “perfectly legal forced entry. The letter was merely a formality- if I had my way I would have just taken you without warning but, ah, you humans always have to put bureaucracy in the way of everything.”

“What do you mean legal!? What kind of legality is there in breaking and entering?” Wait. You pause. Something in that last comment of hers struck you as being wrong, seriously wrong but in your current state of anger you can't focus clearly enough to pin down what it was. Instead you pull out your cellphone and wave it in a vaguely menacing irate way “I want my stuff back in my house now you hear! Else I'll be bringing the authorities into th-”

The woman laughs, making you pause mid-rant, and holds up your phone. “Now now, that simply won't do mister Ryougi.” You grasp at air several times before looking down at your empty hand. How the hell had she managed to take your phone away without you even seeing her move at all? Was she some kind of magician or something? Or a superbly accomplished pickpocket? “Besides,” the woman adds, “Do you really think we would be doing this if the authorities weren't already on our side? I did mention I had already dealt with the bureaucracy, didn't I?”

You step back at her frank demeanor, “Wh- what do you mean?” You demand, your mind trying to find some solid ground to argue from. If this was sanctioned by the authorities then... were you being arrested? No, that didn't seem to be the case. Evicted maybe? It was a possibility, but not one that you had expected until your next rent payment... Worse, was this repossession? You were pretty sure you didn't owe so much as to be risking this yet but - maybe word of your job loss had already percolated through to those you owed money to?

“Why, mister Ryougi, you of all people have been chosen to take part in a very... special little... ah, what would you call it? A social experiment perhaps? Living with a fee... people and seeing if they can acclimatize to life here.” Before you can object, or even say anything else, the woman is behind you and pushing you towards a black car with heavily tinted windows. “Come, come, included in the offer is a rather nice place to live and a generous salary, so with your current unemployment you should at least take a look at the offer we're presenting.” The was a pause as she pushes you into an open rear door, then forces you to slide along in your seat onto the other side of the vehicle before climbing in after you. “Although,” she continues, “You really don't have any choice about accepting or not.” As her door shuts with a loud click you realize two things. The first is what the woman had said earlier that had seemed weird. She had used the phrase 'you humans'.

You humans. As if she wasn't human herself. At this nasty little thought you turn and stare at the woman in horror, only to receive a happy little smile and a knowing nod in response.

The second thing you realized was that the door on your side of the car didn't have a latch to open it with.

“Now then!” The woman exclaims cheerfully, as you frantically look about for an escape route. Your door was out, and there was a big tinted screen between the back and the front, so that was out too. In fact it seemed that the only way out would be to either smash a window - and hope they weren't toughened glass or anything - or to clamber over the blond woman who had forced you in here. Thankfully she didn't seem to notice your search, well, that or she just didn't care about your growing panic. “I'll answer any question you have on the way,” she chirps, “but only one, and not about the people you'll be staying with - I want you to form your own opinions when you meet them. That and it'll be more fun this way, don't you think?”

[ ] Ask her a question
>> No. 70397
[ ] Please stop acting like a total dick?
>> No. 70398
>it'll be more fun this way, don't you think?

[x]No
[x]Are you always such a bitch, or is this just a special occasion?
>> No. 70399
[x] CAN I CALL YOU ONEE-SAMA?!
>> No. 70400
[x]No
[x]Are you always such a bitch, or is this just a special occasion?

I like this.
>> No. 70401
[x] How much are you paying?
>> No. 70402
[X]Wait wha-?
>> No. 70403
[x] CAN I CALL YOU ONEE-SAMA?!
>> No. 70404
[P] "Evidently I've unwittingly agreed to participate in a program I know hardly anything about, run by a woman who doesn't seem to think herself human, with the full backing of the bureaucracy. I clearly have no control over this situation in the slightest, and any resistance on my end is clearly not going to be sufficient to escape. The only thing I have to prepare me for what's to come is a single question."
[P] "Hold me?"

Please?
>> No. 70405
[x] "Evidently I've unwittingly agreed to participate in a program I know hardly anything about, run by a woman who doesn't seem to think herself human, with the full backing of the bureaucracy. I clearly have no control over this situation in the slightest, and any resistance on my end is clearly not going to be sufficient to escape. The only thing I have to prepare me for what's to come is a single question."
[x] "Hold me?"

I can get behind this.
>> No. 70406
[b] "Evidently I've unwittingly agreed to participate in a program I know hardly anything about, run by a woman who doesn't seem to think herself human, with the full backing of the bureaucracy. I clearly have no control over this situation in the slightest, and any resistance on my end is clearly not going to be sufficient to escape. The only thing I have to prepare me for what's to come is a single question."
[b] "Hold me?"

wangbaconing.
>> No. 70407
[X] "And what exactly am I supposed to do in this 'social experiment'"
>> No. 70408
[x] "Evidently I've unwittingly agreed to participate in a program I know hardly anything about, run by a woman who doesn't seem to think herself human, with the full backing of the bureaucracy. I clearly have no control over this situation in the slightest, and any resistance on my end is clearly not going to be sufficient to escape. The only thing I have to prepare me for what's to come is a single question."
[x] "Hold me?"

There are only two reactions to this. Despair and fear.

And God help me, I just can't despair.
>> No. 70409
[x] "WHY YOU DO THIS THING?"
>> No. 70410
[ODIN] "Evidently I've unwittingly agreed to participate in a program I know hardly anything about, run by a woman who doesn't seem to think herself human, with the full backing of the bureaucracy. I clearly have no control over this situation in the slightest, and any resistance on my end is clearly not going to be sufficient to escape. The only thing I have to prepare me for what's to come is a single question."
[ODIN] "Hold me?"

I think I can get behind this suggestion.
>> No. 70411
[x] Hold! What you are doing to us is wrong! Why do you do this thing?
>> No. 70412
[x] "Your three sizes. I must know"
>> No. 70413
>>70412
Yukari looks at you with a smile.

"What do you want them to be?"
>> No. 70414
>>70413

"Wonder twin powers... activate! Form of D-cup!"

With swift reflexes, you grab her breasts and plow face first into the window.
>> No. 70415
[ ] can I has bat?
[ ] FIESTSA OPTION.
>> No. 70416
[x] "Evidently I've unwittingly agreed to participate in a program I know hardly anything about, run by a woman who doesn't seem to think herself human, with the full backing of the bureaucracy. I clearly have no control over this situation in the slightest, and any resistance on my end is clearly not going to be sufficient to escape. The only thing I have to prepare me for what's to come is a single question."
[x] "Hold me?"

Wandbagoning~
>> No. 70417
[X] "Evidently I've unwittingly agreed to participate in a program I know hardly anything about, run by a woman who doesn't seem to think herself human, with the full backing of the bureaucracy. I clearly have no control over this situation in the slightest, and any resistance on my end is clearly not going to be sufficient to escape. The only thing I have to prepare me for what's to come is a single question."
[X] "Hold me?"

Wang-bacon~
>> No. 70420
File 122826346812.jpg - (47.95KB , 350x497 , you gonna get raped.jpg ) [iqdb]
70420
>>70396
>The letter was merely a formality- if I had my way I would have just taken you without warning

...I read this as:

>If I had my way with you, I would have just taken you without warning.
>> No. 70421
[x] "Evidently I've unwittingly agreed to participate in a program I know hardly anything about, run by a woman who doesn't seem to think herself human, with the full backing of the bureaucracy. I clearly have no control over this situation in the slightest, and any resistance on my end is clearly not going to be sufficient to escape. The only thing I have to prepare me for what's to come is a single question."
[x] "Hold me?"
>> No. 70430
[x] "Evidently I've unwittingly agreed to participate in a program I know hardly anything about, run by a woman who doesn't seem to think herself human, with the full backing of the bureaucracy. I clearly have no control over this situation in the slightest, and any resistance on my end is clearly not going to be sufficient to escape. The only thing I have to prepare me for what's to come is a single question."
[x] "Hold me?"

Yes.
>> No. 70434
[x] Unzip your pants.
[x] "Fancy a go at it?"
>> No. 70440
[x] "Evidently I've unwittingly agreed to participate in a program I know hardly anything about, run by a woman who doesn't seem to think herself human, with the full backing of the bureaucracy. I clearly have no control over this situation in the slightest, and any resistance on my end is clearly not going to be sufficient to escape. The only thing I have to prepare me for what's to come is a single question."
[x] "Hold me?"

Sure I'll take it-
>> No. 70443
[x] Are you always such a bitch, or is this just a special occasion?
>> No. 70448
[X] Is this going to be a long car ride? I REALLY need to go to the bathroom.
>> No. 70449
File 122828251117.jpg - (175.74KB , 849x1199 , moreyukarin.jpg ) [iqdb]
70449
Forcing yourself to calm the hell down you shoot the woman a decidedly flat glare. "Evidently,” you begin, “I've unwittingly agreed to participate in a program I know hardly anything about,” the woman nods at you and smiles that damned smile again. Doing your best to ignore her smug look you carry on with your scarily calm rant. “This is apparently run by a woman who doesn't seem to think herself human and with the full backing of the bureaucracy or government to some level.”

“Bingo!” The woman smiles again as she holds up one finger, “One point for you! It seems you might actually be as smart as I was led to believe, and adaptable too - given the bizarreness of the situation you're trying to deal with now.” The woman nods and seems to consider something for a moment, “Of course smarts alone won't be enough to succeed I suppose, but they'll help.” she admits, giving you a sly look. “So, no more complaints?”

“No.” You grumble, “I clearly have no control over this situation in the slightest, and any resistance on my end is clearly not going to be sufficient to escape since the way you act implies you'll just track me down again until I submit.” A happy nod is your answer, and you get the feeling that this woman didn't even need the help of the authorities in order to find and re-abduct you, no matter what sort of escape plan you tried.

“Quite true,” she states, in a matter-of-fact tone, “You might not know it, but you're the best chance of success this little social experiment has.” She pauses and frowns slightly, “Well, according to the sources that don't predict a horrible and bloody disaster at least - but those ones aren't the most reliable of sources I must admit.”

You twitch slightly at the implication of 'horrible and bloody' disaster, and the fact that this crazy blond woman doesn't seem all to concerned with it. Nor, indeed, does she seem to have any worries about your personal welfare at all from what you could tell so far. “The only thing I have to prepare me for what's to come is a single question." Staring the woman in the face you adopt what you hope is your most deadpan expression and the flattest tone of voice you can imagine.

“Hold me?”

There's a long silence as the woman stares are you in shock, and you feel a small flame of glee ignite inside you at having managed to visibly knock her from her position of power in this exchange. Then, her facade already broken, you hear a faint noise coming from her - like a shortness of breath. Soon, however, it builds to a muted snickering before continuing on until it reaches a peak as a full bodied laugh that completely fills the air in the vehicle. “Oh!” She exclaims after finally managing to calm down enough to speak - and after thoroughly freaking you out - “That's just so... so rich!” She chortles, she guffaws, she laughs her damned ass off - and then she pounces.

For a moment you find yourself unable to breath, partially from a mix of shock and fear but mostly due to the more than ample amount of flesh blocking your access to fresh air. “You'll do well I think,” The woman coos - though you don't hear it so much as feel the vibrations of her voice from her ribcage, pressed against your face as it was. “There's a lot of trouble ahead of you, no doubt about that, but I think you'll pull through - you have to if things are to move forward.” Her arms are wrapped around your back and head, pulling you against her in an embrace that feels so... maternal almost, as if she were practically trying to pull you physically inside herself and keep you safe. “Things have to move forward,” she whispers, “We've lived too long in a never-ending moment, if we don't at least take a step into the future then we risk simply rotting away in an eternal past.” Suddenly you're pushed away, held by the shoulders at arms length as the woman stares you critically in the eye.

“Whu...” You begin, before one hand moves from your shoulder to press a finger against your lips.

“Shush.” The woman says. “I'm sorry you have to be forced into going through with this, though I hope you'll learn to understand why it's so important...” She glances away then, and you have the dreadful sensation that something bad was about to happen. “And I'm even more sorry that I can't allow you to remember this, because I want - no, I need you to be neutral and unbiased. You simply have to be yourself for this test to work out.” Her finger moves then, bouncing up to the tip of your nose and tracing it's way up you head, hopping over the bridge of your glasses, until it rests firmly in the middle of your forehead. “Now,” the woman whispers, “a boundary between what you will, and won't remember...”
>> No. 70450
File 122828266252.jpg - (129.03KB , 600x600 , moresuityukarin.jpg ) [iqdb]
70450
“... And that sums it up entirely.” The woman finishes, placing her clipboard down on the central seat situated between you. Vaguely listening to her you ruffle through the clipboard and papers she had given you when you had asked her what this 'social experiment' was supposed to be. Having come to the realization that you weren't getting out of it you had decided to spend your one question on asking what the hell it actually was you couldn't get out of.

“So, let me get this striaght.” You mutter, flipping through the papers once more. “I get to live in a house, for free, and with a rather large stipend... as long as I play landlord for a bunch of foreigners?”

“Ah,” the woman waves one finger, “Not just landlord. Friend, teacher, mentor, and other things beside. If you want to become more than 'friends' with any of them, that's fine - though I doubt it will happen just like that.” She frowns and glances down at her lap, “And they're not exactly 'foreigners'... They're nationals... sort of.”

“You keep saying that,” You grumble, “How can they be anything but foreigners if they don't know anything about life here? Unless they've been living in a cave or something.”

“Or something, I suppose.” The woman admits. “Well! We're almost here, so you'll soon find out the truth of the matter - and frankly I can't wait to see your face when you do... you should handle it better if you keep in mind what you noticed earlier.”

“That you're not human?” you snort, “I don't believe that. You're a crackpot, a crackpot with power maybe, but you're a human crackpot at least.” You snort again as the woman merely shrugs at you, then lurch forwards slightly as the vehicle suddenly slows to a stop. “We're here?” You frown, “That was a pretty short journey.”

“Longer than you may think,” the woman states, already opening her door. A loud click from the door beside you makes you jump slightly, then stare at it in puzzlement for a moment before pushing against it. To you slight surprise the door swings open easily, letting you step out and take your first real look at the surroundings.

Your transport has apparently parked in a large gravel-covered parking area, big enough for a bus, situated directly in front of the very image of an idealistic traditional inn. From what you can see immediately it possesses a ground floor, a second floor and what might be a loft conversion of some kind. Judging by the apparent age of it, you'd likely put money on there being a basement or a wine cellar of some kind too.

“Like it?” Your blond guide asks, “You'll be staying here for the duration, all expense free of course. No utility bills, full television and internet access... as long as you don't do anything illegal with it at least.” she turns and points down the lane you must have come in by, “You're on the outskirts of a small town, which is maybe an hours walk that way, or about fifteen if you drive. The nearest major city though is a good hour or two away if you drive, but you shouldn't be needing to go there often enough to make that a problem I expect.”


“Now then,” she says after you've spent a little while looking around the immediate area. “I think I should introduce you to the people you'll be staying with.” She pauses and makes a little thoughtful face, “Who to begin with I wonder...” Then she looks at you, “If, by some chance, you remember which selections you made on that letter last night... did any of them in particular attract your curiosity?”

[ ] Strongest!
[ ] Monstrous
[ ] Spinning
[ ] Worthless
[ ] Rumia
>> No. 70454
[ ] Monstrous
>> No. 70456
[X] "...Worthless, I suppose."
[X] worthless worthless worthless i am worthless and i have thought of myself that way worthless i know i know but i wonder who are you who are you why are you
[X] Shake off that thought.
[X] "What level of illegality are we talking about here? ...I have mp3s."
>> No. 70457
>>70450
There's only 5 there. I think you're missing one.

[ ] Motherly
('s'also a vote)
>> No. 70459
[X] Worthless
>> No. 70461
[x] Worthless
>> No. 70462
>>70457
>>70458
We rode here with her, duh
>> No. 70463
[P] Monstrous

The most intriguing of the present options.

Hoping that Motherly was Yukari, based entirely on it not being presented as an option.
>> No. 70464
[x] Monstrous

Must know which one this is...
>> No. 70465
{X} Worthless
>> No. 70466
>>70462

I hope so.

[x] Motherly
>> No. 70467
[X] Worthless
[X] "How illegal are we talkin'?"

though we might/should be able to get (almost) whatever want....


also, JSDF/American/whatever/JOINT OPERATION military perimeter?
>> No. 70468
[x] Motherly

And suddenly the veracity of every one of these self-descriptions is called into question.
>> No. 70470
[x] Motherly
>> No. 70471
[X] Motherly
>> No. 70473
[x] Monstrous
>> No. 70474
[X] Worthless
>> No. 70475
[x] Monstrous
>> No. 70476
[X] Worthless
>> No. 70478
[x] Monstrous

Why not.
>> No. 70479
>>70463
How about "based on that she's sort of the mother to all Gensokyo?"

I can only see this ending in another mindwipe. Nevertheless!

[x] Motherly

I was kind of hoping for Letty.
>> No. 70480
[x] Worthless
[x] "How illegal and in what countries? If I don't get my daily dose of child porn and beastiality, I just might go crazy" you say this with an obvious tone of sarcasm.
>> No. 70483
[X] Motherly

Alright, I'm interested.
>> No. 70484
[b] Worthless
>> No. 70485
[x] Worthless
[x] "How illegal and in what countries? If I don't get my daily dose of child porn and beastiality, I just might go crazy" you say this with an obvious tone of sarcasm.


It'll never win but I'll vote for it anyways!
>> No. 70486
[X] Monstrous

Because I'm curious as to which one deserves the title of 'Monstrous'. Yuka? Flandre? Or someone else?
>> No. 70488
[X] Motherly
[X] "How illegal and in what countries? If I don't get my daily dose of child porn and beastiality, I just might go crazy" you say this with an obvious tone of sarcasm.

It'll probably get taken into consideration in a way that will make us all cringe sooner rather than later, but I'll vote for it anyways!
>> No. 70489
[X] Worthless
>> No. 70491
File 122830782579.jpg - (76.07KB , 650x945 , 1215296425381.jpg ) [iqdb]
70491
[\!/] Monstrous

In during
>> No. 70492
[ ] Monstrous

Hoping for Satori. I mean, an eye on your chest? Not very human.
>> No. 70493
>Hoping that Motherly was Yukari, based entirely on it not being presented as an option.

Just call us Oedipus. (Heck, already don't get along with daddy!)
>> No. 70494
I think 'Monstrous' is Parsee. She's called 'The Green Eyed Monster' after all.
>> No. 70495
[X] Motherly
>> No. 70497
>>70492

If this story's predecessor is any indication, anybody who's obviously not human is not part of the project. Of course, AD might have changed that and I could just be blowing steam.
>> No. 70499
>>70497
Before the thread wipe AD said everyone in the OP pic, minus Reimu and the Moriya trio, was fair game. So yeah, wondering how we're going to cope if we picked Utsuho or Flandre.

I WTF'd over the Moriyas, but there's no use acclimating people that already came from the outside a couple years ago.
>> No. 70500
[x] Worthless
[x] "How illegal and in what countries? If I don't get my daily dose of child porn and beastiality, I just might go crazy" you say this with an obvious tone of sarcasm.

Yay!
>> No. 70501
>thread wipe
What? >>70088

>>70499
Flandre is definitely 'Secret'. I don't know how dumb Utsuho actually is, but she seems like a "Ummm?" to me. It's probably Satori. Possibly Parsee, but I don't think she's that self degrading.
>> No. 70502
>>70501
parsee was probably 'envied'
>> No. 70503
>>70502
I thought Parsee jealous of other people, not that other people were jealous of Parsee.
>> No. 70504
>>70503
Power to manipulate jealousy, so she's probably envied, and does not envy others.
>> No. 70505
>>70504
>Once, she was the protector, or guardian spirit, of the pit linking the underworld with the overworld. She watched over people to make sure that they could get to the underworld and back to the overworld safely.

>However, as she is extremely jealous, she couldn't stand the people who looked like they were having fun going to and fro. Whenever she saw someone like that, she would hinder their travel somehow.

>Jealousy only begets further jealousy, so as she went mad from her own jealousy, she became able to fan the flames of jealousy in the hearts of others.

I haven't checked the dialogue for stage 2 in a long time, but I don't think she was making other people jealous of her, just other people jealous.
>> No. 70507
>>70501

Would Flan describe herself as a secret? Maybe I don't really know, I could beleive Kaguya might describe herself as such.

>>70505

So she can make existing jealousy stronger, not seed it in other people's hearts.
>> No. 70508
>>70507
>Would Flan describe herself as a secret? Maybe I don't really know, I could beleive Kaguya might describe herself as such.

Remember that, last time at least, Remilia tampered with the words chosen for everyone in the SDM. If that's still the case then it doesn't matter how Flan would describe herself, only how Remilia would describe her.
>> No. 70509
>>70507
>So she can make existing jealousy stronger, not seed it in other people's hearts.
Right, but in any event, she's not making people jealous of her (as you said, they'd have to be jealous of her to start with), so "envied" doesn't describe her. "Envious" works perfectly based on her profile though. "Envied" should be someone with a huge ego, and who tends to be around others. I say someone like Yukari or Remilia, but we seem to have gotten Yukari, and I'd use "Elegant" for Remilia

>>70508
Right. That's why Meiling was worthless last time. I think there was a "Sister" option before, which was probably Flan.
>> No. 70513
>I think there was a "Sister" option before, which was probably Flan.

No. Besides, Remi didn't get in because she was a vampire, which had more negative connations to outsiders than simple 'youkai'. (Hence why she decided to fill in for the rest of SDM.) Flan's a vampire too, soo...

TTtR 1 choices were :

Elegant, Pad, Strongest, Friendly, Intelligent, Willful, Rumia, Talented, Journalist, Fuck-Off, Hard-Working, Useless, Genius, Gorgeous, Honest, Dull, Following, Educated, Optimist, Playful, SPRING, Young, Sleepy, Efficient, Perfect, AWESOME, Pleased, Shy, Bullied, Forgiving, Dizzy, Loyal, Happy, Maid, Tired, or Princess.
>> No. 70514
>>70513
>Pad Maid Efficient Elegant
The first two scream Sakuya, and the other teo work as well...

>Fuck-Off
So, AD, are you going to say who any of the obscure choices were in the original, at least the ones that don't interfere with the current run (and aren't bloody obvious, like Journalist)
>> No. 70515
[X] Motherly

Simply because It's one that we wrote that's not immediately on the list...and I'm curious, and this one doesn't sound that dangerous.
>> No. 70516
Apparently. Maid, fairy, sexy, and one I'm forgetting all lead to Rinnosuke.

Well according to IRC Anyway.
>> No. 70517
>>70516
>Maid
>Rinnosuke
What.
>Fairy
ok, it should be obvious by now that they're making shit up.
And why would Rinnosuke have multiple words anyways?
>> No. 70518
Looks like Worthless wins this time~ Writing now~

>>70517
Because he cheated?

>>70514
Asuming this displays right - the TTR1 listing:
Some were the same in this, many were different or messed with.
Elegant: Kaguya
Pad: Sakuya
Strongest: Cirno
Friendly: Alice
Intelligent: Eirin
Willful: Rinnosuke
Rumia: Rumia
Talented: Mystia
Journalist: Aya
Fuck-Off: Mokou
Hard-Working: Komachi
Useless: Meiling
Genius: Nitori
Gorgeous: Rinnosuke
Honest: Tewi
Dull: Patchouli
Following: Daiyousei
Educated: Keine
Optimist: Wriggle
Playful: Chen
SPRING: Lily White
Young: Ran
Sleepy: Letty
Efficient: Reisen
Perfect: Yukari
AWESOME: Marisa
Pleased: Yuuka
Shy: Medicine
Bullied: Tokiko
Forgiving: Parsee
Dizzy: Hina
Loyal: Momizi
Happy: Suika
Maid: Rinnosuke
Tired: Youmu
Princess: Yuyuko
>> No. 70519
>>70518
so uh. What would've happened if we picked
[X]Maid
[X]Gorgeous
[X]Willful
?
>> No. 70520
>>70519

Man train, whoo hoo!
>> No. 70521
>>70518
>Forgiving: Parsee
wat
>> No. 70522
>>70501
>>70507

>Locked Girl ~ The Girl's Secret Room

Perhaps Secret is Patchouli.
>> No. 70523
>>70522
again, Remi (most likely) picked the names. Plus that says the room is secret, not the girl.
>> No. 70525
>>70521
Well, we also got:
Friendly = Alice
Hard-Working = Komachi
Honest = Tewi
Young = Ran (as a 9-tailed Kitsune she should be over 800 years old)
>> No. 70526
>>70525
Shouldn't it be 900ish?
>> No. 70528
>>70526

I thought it was a new tail every 100 years? Foxes would look alot different if they had to wait 100 years to get their first tail.
>> No. 70529
I work at making these lists using a mix of obvious things, but also by trying to imagine the situation of Reimu asking the girls for a describing word. So you've got odd words part because of Reimu having a 'Fuck, that'll do' attitude, part of the girls egos, part of meddling/cheating on some parts, and part weird touhou situations. Ran likely said young in the first list after being accused of being old~ Ran's mid-life crisis, heh, since she seems to me to be the sort of person who would have these crises of 'I'm not old! I'm not!' now and then.
>> No. 70530
File 122833594317.jpg - (52.50KB , 600x450 , 1186628179127.jpg ) [iqdb]
70530
>>70518

>Looks like Worthless wins this time~

>Worthless~

>Not Motherly~
>> No. 70531
>>70528
Oh, derp.
>> No. 70532
>>70529
...Does this remind anyone else of one of ZUN's disconnected ramblings which he then calls a Character Profile?
>> No. 70533
>>70532
Well, now that you mention it. Can't unsee, etc.
>> No. 70537
>>70518
>Rumia: Rumia

Would never have guessed right.

>>70530
>Looks like Worthless wins this time~
>Worthless~
>Not Monstrous~

1186628179127.jpg
>> No. 70545
>>70519
If we picked more than one of Rinnosuke's words, then Reimu would realize he was cheating and get other touhous to replace him. And kick his ass.

I don't think it was made clear whether it went to the next most votes, or if AD just picked whoever he wanted.
>> No. 70556
File 122835125457.jpg - (208.03KB , 850x1275 , chinachinachina.jpg ) [iqdb]
70556
“Worthless,” You mutter, causing the woman to raise one eyebrow as she looks at you. “Because it was the same as how I felt when I was looking at them, I guess.”

The woman sighs and shrugs, “Fine,” she states, “It's as good a reason as any I suppose, and it'll be good to start by meeting someone relatively normal as well. Don't want to frighten you off quite yet... well, not until I have a camera ready anyway.” With that she pulls out a slim little cellphone and babbles into it for a minute or two before returning it to... somewhere on her person you guess. “They'll all be coming along shortly, I didn't want them waiting here in case some of them made a, well, lets say 'a mess' for now.”

Stepping past you she casually strolls up to the front door of the building, pulls out a jangling keyring and lets herself inside, stopping only to toss the set of keys to you first. “Keep hold of those,” she states, “That's the master set of keys, one for every lockable door in the place as well as for... ah, well, I'll show you those later... For now, let me show you the kitchen, I'm sure you would like to meet your tenants over a cup of tea.”

Curious you follow the woman into the house, pocketing the keys as you did so. After being prompted to leave your shoes in the entryway you spend a moment admiring the main hallway - traditional wooden flooring and a few paper-shaded lights on the ceiling. Not perhaps your preference in décor, but you had to admit it looked kind of... homey? Turning left into a living room-slash-dining room you feel slightly relieved that here at least is somewhat more modern, with a proper table on one side and a selection of comfortable-looking chairs and sofas on the other.

“The place is fully furnished, more or less, and we're putting most of your furniture into storage for the duration.” The woman states, “The kitchen is through here, and fully stocked - though how long that lasts I can only guess. You'll be expected to teach proper cooking where applicable, since I understand you're a reasonably accomplished amateur cook yourself.” You frown at that since it wasn't a fact you tended to broadcast in any way but given how much else she seems to know you don't find yourself all that surprised she knows this too. Following her through a door from the dining room you enter the kitchen and pause - this kitchen has everything, everything a cook could ever hope to want in terms of equipment. It's also spacious and has more than one large fridge and freezer units. A window opens out into a fairly empty field of grass, while a door at the end seems to lead out onto a slightly secluded patio area.

The sound of a car pulling up outside coincides with a kettle whistling an announcement of reaching a boil. “That should be them and their own possessions now,” The woman states, indicating that you should make several cups of tea with the water. “I'll go send the first one in, so you wait right there.”


As you carefully pour water into cups you ponder what, exactly, you had managed to get yourself into. Actually, thanks to the woman's explanation you had some idea of what that was, what you really wanted to know was why it had to be you doing this? You weren't particularly special - unless you counted the fact that your family tree seemed to consist entirely of shrine maidens and priests, well, the bits of it you knew about did anyway. You had no real idea who your family was on your mother's side though, as your father and grandparents had been reluctant to talk about it. From what you vaguely understood, though, was she had come from some kind of rival family or something stupid like that. Well, whatever, you were far removed from all that 'family tradition' crap - further away than ever now, maybe this mess had a bigger silver lining than you thought?

“Uhm, excuse me?” You freeze at the voice, female and with a slight Chinese lilt to it. Slowly you turn to the doorway that leads to the dining room and get your first sight of this new arrival. She's taller than you, that's the first thing you notice, given that your eye-line was maybe around the level of her lips you guessed she was a good three inches taller... This was perhaps a touch on the odd side, since you knew you weren't exactly a short person but of average height. Red hair spills down from under a green cap decorated with a gold star. As your eyes pan downwards you note that red green and gold is a continuing theme in her attire, as she's wearing a somewhat elaborate cheongsam-style dress under what looks like a frilled waistcoat... or, no. Eyes narrowing slightly you note the telltale marks of light body armor, similar to stuff you had been made to wear before during some of the more dangerous experiments you had assisted with. Noting your scrutiny the girl seems to shrink back slightly

“Are you, uhm... In charge?” she asks, looking at you in confusion and perhaps a little worry.

[ ] I don't know, am I?
[ ] That's what I've been told.
[ ] I have no idea at all.

For reference I'm using the OP pic as a guide to height, and Anon is maybe a touch taller than Yukari is. (maybe, ah, about as tall as Iku is there?)
>> No. 70558
[x] Small sigh. "No, not really but it seems that I'm responsible nonetheless."
>> No. 70560
File 122835192938.png - (274.45KB , 865x320 , 1211682107510.png ) [iqdb]
70560
[\!/] Small sigh. "No, not really but it seems that I'm responsible nonetheless."

Iku is the boobinite, so probably Yukari/Eirin/Kanako height.
>> No. 70561
[x] Small sigh. "That's what I've been told."
>> No. 70563
[x] "That's what I've been told. What exactly I am in charge of - that I'm not so sure myself..."
[x] Introduce yourself as cheerfully as possible. No need to spread gloom to your tenants.
>> No. 70564
[x] That's what I've been told.
[x] Have we met before? I have a feeling we have, in another time, in another life...
>> No. 70565
[X] Small sigh. "No, not really, but it seems that i've been forked fairly unwillingly into that position."
>> No. 70566
[x] Small sigh. "No, not really but it seems that I'm responsible nonetheless."
>> No. 70570
>>70558 here.

Also add in :

[x] Introduce yourself as cheerfully as possible. No need to spread gloom to your tenants.
>> No. 70574
[X] "I don't know, but I've been told: that's the status I now hold."

Yeah...

[X] "So I'm told. I suppose we'll find out just how accurate an assessment that is eventually though. Do you take anything in your tea?"

I don't want the despairing persona and tone just yet. I want a character that can find a little amusement even in poor circumstances.
>> No. 70583
[b] "So I'm told. I suppose we'll find out just how accurate an assessment that is eventually though. Do you take anything in your tea?"
>> No. 70584
[ ] That's what I've been told.

Just a side comment, AD, china is well above average height...for a bunch of japanese lolis. She's probably average or slightly above average by western standards. I always pictured yukari and yuyuko as being about average for a western woman, and they are quite tall by touhou standards.
>> No. 70587
[x] "Don't know. Do you want me to be?"
>> No. 70589
>>70584
We're Japanese in this.

[x] tea, etc.
>> No. 70604
>>70584
I just wanted anon to have a height which lets some touhous be taller and some be shorter, since it makes for more variance that way. Yukari seemed to be a bit above the average height of the adult touhou, so made for a good enough height for anon.
>> No. 70607
[X] "So I'm told. I suppose we'll find out just how accurate an assessment that is eventually though. Do you take anything in your tea?"

Eh, it'll work.
>> No. 70610
[X] "So I'm told. I suppose we'll find out just how accurate an assessment that is eventually though. Do you take anything in your tea?"
>> No. 70611
>>70604

fair enough. you ARE the writer, after all. ~_^
>> No. 70613
>>70589
IT'S LIKE WE'RE REALLY JAPANESE
>> No. 70614
[x] "So I'm told. I suppose we'll find out just how accurate an assessment that is eventually though. Do you take anything in your tea?"

Taking things in stride.
>> No. 70616
[x] "So I'm told. I suppose we'll find out just how accurate an assessment that is eventually though. Do you take anything in your tea?"
[x] Greet her and include your name.

I don't care if you'll have to do it 6 times! Manners people! We raised you better than this!
>> No. 70618
[x] "So I'm told. I suppose we'll find out just how accurate an assessment that is eventually though. Do you take anything in your tea?"
[x] Greet her and include your name.
>> No. 70619
[x] "So I'm told. I suppose we'll find out just how accurate an assessment that is eventually though. Do you take anything in your tea?"
[x] Greet her and include your name.
>> No. 70620
[x] "So I'm told. I suppose we'll find out just how accurate an assessment that is eventually though. Do you take anything in your tea?"
[x] Greet her and include your name.
>> No. 70621
[x] "So I'm told. I suppose we'll find out just how accurate an assessment that is eventually though. Do you take anything in your tea?"
[x] Greet her and include your name.
>> No. 70623
Eh, well, since my favourite option is winning already:
[X] URGH! ME SHIKI! YOU MY WAIFU!
>> No. 70627
[x] "So I'm told. I suppose we'll find out just how accurate an assessment that is eventually though. Do you take anything in your tea?"
[x] Greet her and include your name.
>> No. 70630
[x] "So I'm told. I suppose we'll find out just how accurate an assessment that is eventually though. Do you take anything in your tea?"
[x] Greet her and include your name.
>> No. 70640
[X] "So I'm told. I suppose we'll find out just how accurate an assessment that is eventually though. Do you take anything in your tea?"
[X] Greet her and include your name.
>> No. 70655
>>70556
>You weren't particularly special - unless you counted the fact that your family tree seemed to consist entirely of shrine maidens and priests, well, the bits of it you knew about did anyway. You had no real idea who your family was on your mother's side though, as your father and grandparents had been reluctant to talk about it. From what you vaguely understood, though, was she had come from some kind of rival family or something stupid like that
What the hell could be a "rival family" to a family of mikos and priests? Sounds like dear ol' Mom wasn't fully human.

Maybe that's why we were picked?
>> No. 70657
>>70655
>>What the hell could be a "rival family" to a family of mikos and priests? Sounds like dear ol' Mom wasn't fully human.

Simple, another family of mikos and priests.
Think of the Hakurei and Moriya shrines, but over a longer period of time and with a lot more people, basically.
>> No. 70660
File 122850223912.jpg - (281.05KB , 1050x817 , Grovel-china-grovel.jpg ) [iqdb]
70660
"So I'm told.” You state, turning away from the girl to focus on the task in hand. Though she was definitely pleasing to the eye you didn't want to make a bad first impression by appearing to be eying her up or anything. “I suppose we'll find out just how accurate an assessment that is eventually though. Do you take anything in your tea?"

“Eh?” The woman seems taken aback by your off-the-cuff question, as if it were a million miles away from what she had expected to hear. “Er... Um... Lemon,” she replies eventually, “Ah, that is if you have any - I don't want to trouble you or-” She trails off as you open the nearby fridge and pull out a little plastic lemon with a garish green tag. “- what's that supposed to be?” she asks, curious, “That's doesn't look like a real lemon you know! You're not going to put anything weird in are you?”

You blink in surprise, had this woman not seen a lemon juice bottle before? Admittedly this brand was one of those that subscribed to the idea of having stupidly twee packaging, but lemon juice was lemon juice no matter what the container. “You said you wanted lemon.” You state, pulling the concealed cap off of one end of the lemon. “I don't know if we have any whole ones, but the juice is the important bit, right?” so saying you hold the plastic lemon above one cup of tea and give it a gentle squeeze, squirting a stream of juice into the cup.

“Ehhh?” You almost jump as you realize the woman is practically right on top of you, dipping her finger into the cup you'd squeezed into. “Is it really lemon juice? How do they get it out of lemons and into something like that? How do they even make that? It's not metal or wood or rock so what is it?” Her stream of questions doesn't stop until she brings one tea-wetted finger up to her lips and gingerly licks it. Immediately her face seems to brighten up, “Oh! Hey!” She exclaims happily, “That was lemon juice!”

“Yeah, uh, that it was.” You blink and mentally evaluate the girl. She seems nice enough, if perhaps more than a little hairbrained - at least you hope that's what she is, as the alternative is that she honestly doesn't know what a novelty plastic bottle is, and you're not entirely sure what that would mean. On the one hand it would mean she must have lived in the back-end of no-where for all her life, but that conclusion simply didn't fit with the evidence provided by her apparent taste for lemon tea, a beverage slightly more refined than you'd expect to find in such a backwater place. “So,” You begin, not sure how to think of this girl yet, “I take it you're one of the tenants i'm supposed to be looking after?”

“Ah!” The girl half-squeals, clapping her hands over her mouth. “That's right! How rude of me!” Hopping away from the counter the girl faces you and bows slightly. “My name is Hong Meiling!” She declares, before falling into a groveling position on all fours. “Please take care of me!”

You stare at her on the floor for a few moments, “Uh...” you begin.

[ ] Respond

(alright, yeah, so the pic isn't exactly happy - but it was the closest to a meiling orz position I could find)
>> No. 70662
[ ] Blink repeatedly. "Uh. . . what exactly are you doing?"
>> No. 70665
[X] "Uh, yeah, ok, but... what exactly are you doing down there?"

Excuse, me, what, are, you, doing, etc.
>> No. 70667
[X]"I will if you stop groveling like that. A fine looking woman such as yourself shouldn't be dirtying your knees on this surprisingly clean ground! Rise, stand up straight! Look me in the eye and greet me like the strong, proud and beautiful woman you are!"

lol.
>> No. 70672
[X] "Right. No problem."
[X] Sip your tea calmly.
[X] "Now, while having beautiful women throw themselves at my feet sounded good in theory, this is making me a little uncomfortable. Could I ask you to not to do that? Makes me feel kind of like I'm doing something wrong. Or illegal, for that matter."

Modifying my previous vote for increased calm/cool.
>> No. 70679
[b] "Uh... ok, but what exactly are you doing?"
>> No. 70680
[X] "Right. No problem."
[X] Sip your tea calmly.
[X] "Now, while having beautiful women throw themselves at my feet sounded good in theory, this is making me a little uncomfortable. Could I ask you to not to do that? Makes me feel kind of like I'm doing something wrong. Or illegal, for that matter."
This amuses me, even though I have a feeling it'll be slightly out-of-character. Or will it form part of the character if it wins?
>> No. 70682
[x] "Uh... ok, but what exactly are you doing?"

Changing vote.
>> No. 70684
[X] "Uh, yeah, ok, but... what exactly are you doing down there?"
>> No. 70685
[X] "Uh, yeah, ok, but... what exactly are you doing down there?"
>> No. 70686
[Z] "Right. No problem."
[ZZ] Sip your tea calmly.
[Z] "Now, while having beautiful women throw themselves at my feet sounded good in theory, this is making me a little uncomfortable. Could I ask you to not to do that? Makes me feel kind of like I'm doing something wrong. Or illegal, for that matter."
[Z] "So please stand up. You're a guest here, not a servant."
>> No. 70687
>>70680
Re-thought the situation, can't delete the post for whatever reason so I'll just re-vote.
[X] "Uh, yeah, ok, but... what exactly are you doing down there?"
>> No. 70688
[X] "Uh, yeah, ok, but... what exactly are you doing down there?"

Vote change.
>> No. 70693
[X] "Uh, yeah, ok, but... what exactly are you doing down there?"
>> No. 70696
X] "Right. No problem."
[X] Sip your tea calmly.
[X] "Now, while having beautiful women throw themselves at my feet sounded good in theory, this is making me a little uncomfortable. Could I ask you to not to do that? Makes me feel kind of like I'm doing something wrong. Or illegal, for that matter."
>> No. 70705
[x] "S-Sure... But I think a simple hand shake is good enough. It's not as if you're begging me for a large sum of money to be on all fours like that..."
>> No. 70709
X] "Right. No problem."
[X] Sip your tea calmly.
[X] "Now, while having beautiful women throw themselves at my feet sounded good in theory, this is making me a little uncomfortable. Could I ask you to not to do that? Makes me feel kind of like I'm doing something wrong. Or illegal, for that matter."
>> No. 70711
[x] "Right. No problem."
[x] Sip your tea calmly.
[x] "Now, while having beautiful women throw themselves at my feet sounded good in theory, this is making me a little uncomfortable. Could I ask you to not to do that? Makes me feel kind of like I'm doing something wrong. Or illegal, for that matter."

Despite my preference for KISS, phrasing it as a request is probably the easiest way for Meiling to comprehend. Asking her what she's doing is just going to make her feel embarassed and sputter--ultimately arriving at an impasse. Do mind the culture gap, Anon.

Also, I like the idea of Mr. Ryougi affecting impassivity, when his interior monologue is anything but.
>> No. 70712
[x] "Right. No problem."
[x] Sip your tea calmly.
[x] "Now, while having beautiful women throw themselves at my feet sounded good in theory, this is making me a little uncomfortable. Could I ask you to not to do that? Makes me feel kind of like I'm doing something wrong. Or illegal, for that matter."
>> No. 70713
[x] "Uh, yeah, ok, but... what exactly are you doing down there?"
>> No. 70714
[X] Hmmm. that's a bit stronger of a reaction than I was expecting, but yes, I will be your landlord from now on, so feel free to make yourself at home...you can stand up now, if you'd like.
>> No. 70721
[x] "Right. No problem."
[x] Sip your tea calmly.
[x] "Now, while having beautiful women throw themselves at my feet sounded good in theory, this is making me a little uncomfortable. Could I ask you to not to do that? Makes me feel kind of like I'm doing something wrong. Or illegal, for that matter."
[x] "So please stand up. You're a guest here, not a servant."
>> No. 70722
[X] "Right. No problem."
[X] Sip your tea calmly.
[X] "Now, while having beautiful women throw themselves at my feet sounded good in theory, this is making me a little uncomfortable. Could I ask you to not to do that? Makes me feel kind of like I'm doing something wrong. Or illegal, for that matter."
[X] "So please stand up. You're a guest here, not a servant."

REALITY CHECK, MEILING.
WELCOME TO EARTH
>> No. 70723
It's not gonna win, so what the heck.

[x] Put your foot on her back and proudly declare "Yes, I will indeed be your master starting today, and you my servant. Hong Meiling, welcome to hell".
[x] Most twisted and sadistic grin you can muster.
>> No. 70724
[x] Lord over her.

[X] "Right. No problem."
[X] Sip your tea calmly.
[X] "Now, while having beautiful women throw themselves at my feet sounded good in theory, this is making me a little uncomfortable. Could I ask you to not to do that? Makes me feel kind of like I'm doing something wrong. Or illegal, for that matter."
[X] "So please stand up. You're a guest here, not a servant."
>> No. 70725
>>70724>>70723

You know what? The nice guy thing is over done, let's be a little sadistic! I mean, Meiling might even feel more comfortable around someone she can consider a "master".

It's worth a shot!

[ ] Lord over her

>>70683
deleted!
>> No. 70727
File 122852737934.jpg - (339.73KB , 495x700 , bdfcd5dae387743d71afe01d297bc7f8.jpg ) [iqdb]
70727
>>70723

Remilla?
>> No. 70728
>>70725

Why do you always have to be different?
>> No. 70729
[x] "Uh, yeah, ok, but... what exactly are you doing down there?"

Simple is best.
>> No. 70730
File 122852823552.jpg - (246.14KB , 735x900 , 1228101783319.jpg ) [iqdb]
70730
>> No. 70732
[x] Get down on the floor, match her pose.
[x] "Umm...Ms. Meiling? Are you ok? "

And then talk about how she is a guest.

COUNTER ORZ! you know you want to.
>> No. 70733
[x] Get down on the floor, match her pose.
[x] "Umm...are you ok? Mrs. Meiling was it?"
[x] Explain to her that she's a guest, not a servant.

okay
>> No. 70734
[x] Get down on the floor, match her pose.
[x] "Umm...are you ok? Mrs. Meiling was it?"
[x] Explain to her that she's a guest, not a servant.

I like.
>> No. 70735
[x] "Uh, yeah, ok, but... what exactly are you doing down there?"

Let's try not to be overbearingly flirty like we always seem to (/forest/ Anons, I'm looking at you!)
>> No. 70736
[x] Get down on the floor, match her pose.
[x] "Umm...are you ok? Mrs. Meiling was it?"
[x] Explain to her that she's a guest, not a servant.

OUR OTL WILL DO SOMETHING NIFTY
>> No. 70738
File 122853510445.png - (61.95KB , 400x450 , 83f5a1e59da0f6653f6b573405c3725a.png ) [iqdb]
70738
[\!/] Get down on the floor, match her pose.
[\!/] "Umm...are you ok? Mrs. Meiling was it?"
[\!/] Explain to her that she's a guest, not a servant.

ORZ
Vote changing gaems.
>> No. 70739
>>70728
Why do you always have to jump on the band wagon?
>> No. 70740
>>70728
>>70739

Why do you have to keep tearing this family apart?!
>> No. 70742
>>70740
Its Scorn and Anon! Would you tell an artist not to paint? Or a bird not to fly? Or a fish not to swim?

No, you cannot. It is as natural as breathing for Anon to be twisted and evil!
>> No. 70749
File 122854794010.jpg - (31.91KB , 512x512 , China-orz.jpg ) [iqdb]
70749
“Right, no problem.” Calmly, or at least as calmly as you can manage, you pick up your own cup of tea and take a long slurp from it. Then mentally kick yourself for being so indiscreet as to slurp, loudly, when a girl was grovelling at your feet. Come to that, you weren't entirely sure what was good manners when a girl was at your feet like this... wait, no, why the hell were you thinking of stupid shit like that? You didn't even know why this girl had just thrown herself to the floor - only that it was really, really weird. Glancing down at her you open your mouth to tell her to rise, then snap it shut with an audible click as you realize that you were at just the right angle, and her shirt just loose enough for you to stare right down the neck of her shirt and catch a healthy glimpse of... well, her health for one. Moments later your eyes join your mouth in snapping shut since now was not a time to let stupid hormones dictate your action. More importantly now was definitely not the time to develop an unwanted reaction in your pants, especially with her at the right level to get a perfect eye-full.

... Good lord. Did you really just think that last thought?

After a lightning fast review you conclude that yes, yes you had thought that thought and it was now more imperative than before that you do something, anything, to ensure that such an embarrassing scenario never happen. Turning away you make yourself busy with the other teacups and kettle, hoping that now you were in a position where an... indiscretion... might not be immediately visible. “Now,” you squeak, then cough loudly, “Now,” you resume, your voice back to normal, “While having beautiful women throw themselves at my feet sounded good in theory, this is making me a little uncomfortable. Could I ask you to not to do that?” You twitch slightly at another, unwanted, twitch. “It, uh, makes me feel kind of like I'm doing something wrong. Or illegal at least.”

“Eh? But this is how I was told you're supposed to ask for things in the outside world....” There's a pause as the girl stiffens slightly and, from what little skin you can see from above her, evidently blushes red in embarrassment. “Isn't it?” she asks in a tiny voice.

“Not... Not really.” You stare at the girl in surprise, where the heck had she gotten the idea that prostrating oneself like that was how you asked for thi... Your thoughts stop abruptly as something the girl said plants itself in your mind like some kind of giant black obelisk of knowledge. “Wait, what do you mean by 'outside world' ?” You ask, “And, uh, stand up - you're making me nervous.”

“Eh!” The girl's head snaps up at your question and you notice that her expression is more than a little frightened. “W-what outside world?” She stammers, picking herself up off the ground. “I-I didn't mention a-anything like that at all!” She's quite visibly nervous and that feeling is starting to spread to yourself as well as a few little bits and pieces seem to click into place in your mind.

“Where... Did you come from?” You ask eventually, though your question only serves to make the girl panic more, babbling whatever seems to come into her mind as she fails rather miserably to divert your attention from the question.

“She comes from Gensokyo.” The two of you, 'Meiling' and yourself, jump in shock at the sudden appearance of the blond woman at the rear kitchen door. For a moment you ask yourself in panic how the hell she got in if you had the keys, but quickly calm as you think it through logically. The blond woman was organizing this whole scenario and apparently owned the building you were in now - it was perfectly understandable that she would have her own set of keys right? She'd probably just slipped inside while the red-head was babbling. Nothing suspicious about that... nevertheless something about her was really beginning to creep you out. “Every one of your guests comes from there,” she adds as she steps over to the counter you were working at and picks up a cup of tea, glances down and then gives you a knowing little smirk.

“Now then,” She states after taking a sip, “You two will have plenty of time to get to know each other over the next few hours, but for now the introductions should continue before... Well, before things 'officially' get under way.” She smiles at you then glances at Meiling, who seems to shudder involuntarily. “Meiling, be a dear and go fetch...” The blond woman pauses and looks at you, “Any other choice you were curious about?”

[ ] Monstrous
[ ] Motherly
[ ] Strongest!
[ ] Rumia
[ ] Spinning
>> No. 70751
[ ] Monstrous

...Whatever.
>> No. 70752
[ ] Motherly
>> No. 70753
[ ] Motherly
>> No. 70754
[X] Monstrous

Still curious.

If motherly is Yukari, I want to save it for last, just for the dramatic ramifications. Plus, someone motherly would be rather calming after meeting all the others.
>> No. 70755
[ ] Monstrous

Still liked counter orz best...
>> No. 70756
[ ] Monstrous
>> No. 70757
[X] Motherly
>> No. 70758
>>70755
Of course you would, Doujin.

[x] Monstrous
>> No. 70759
[x] Monstrous
>> No. 70760
[x] Monstrous
>> No. 70764
[x] Strongest!

Let us ease the awkward tension with what sounds like some light-hearted loli. If it's Suika, she'll definitely blurt out all about Gensokyo if we ask.

>>70751
>...Whatever.

While I'm sure this is just your way of mimicking a tsundere, every time I see your "Whatever" posts it annoys the fucking shit out of me to no god damn end.

Congratulations, mister whatever-fag. I'm sure you've accomplished your mission quite perfectly.
>> No. 70770
>>70764
... Whatever.
>> No. 70771
[ ] Monstrous

>>70742

I'm not evil damn it! We just play the good guy so often I thought it might be fun to do some thing a little bit petty and mean, for a change.
>> No. 70772
File 122857878756.png - (194.28KB , 315x396 , ko.png ) [iqdb]
70772
>>70770
>> No. 70773
>While I'm sure this is just your way of mimicking a tsundere

What?

That was in response to the random, lengthy write-in not having a majority over a generic "What are you doing?" response but being written anyways.

But whatever.
>> No. 70775
>>70771

I know how you feel scorn. There should be a CYOA like FUIG that's not like FUIG.
>> No. 70776
>>70773

That's the only reason why you do it? Because of write-ins?

Damn, I guess that means I'll be seeing "whatever" in pretty much every thread you read. Yet at the same time, I can say to that sentiment "Good taste".
>> No. 70777
[X] Monstrous
>> No. 70778
[b] Monstrous
>> No. 70779
>>70772

Oh, I forgot the series that was from. Could anyone give me a hint?

Self sage for off topic.
>> No. 70780
[X] Motherly
>> No. 70781
>>70779

Kanokon
>> No. 70782
>>70773

So i made a seeming mistake. Big deal - the end result in terms of score(s) and sentiment is the same so why bitch about it?

Besides, when i counted up it looked to me like a win for what i went for - though closer inspection reveals a 'change vote but can't delete previous' from one anon which i must have skipped. (seriously, if you can't delete it's your fault for either messing with the post pass and forgetting it, or i've been told using a regularly changing proxy will screw with post deletion - both of these are quite emphatically not my problem.) And no doubt other votes changed post me counting, since they always do.

I should put 'votes counted' posts up, but frankly i know those do bugger all to stop people fucking with their votes so why should i bother?

Anyway, hissy fit over, writan Monstrous now.
>> No. 70784
>>70781
This series was boring, but i fapped some times to it.
>> No. 70786
>>70784

Was rather boring even with the borderline H. The DVD specials were probably better than the whole series combined.
>> No. 70787
File 122859057146.jpg - (97.14KB , 819x819 , 8aa0deb7760c71712127e296d270136e.jpg ) [iqdb]
70787
Sure hope Spinning and/or Monstrous are one of these two...
>> No. 70790
>>70782
I am neither using a proxy, nor have I touched the password, it's all default. I did close the browser in the meanwhile, though that hasn't fucked up the password before, anyways it's no big deal either way as I was flipflopping between the choices anyways. It's the butthurt fag you should direct your rage at.
>> No. 70807
>>70790
Ah, sorry for targetting you then. it was just general rage and if i said what i really felt like saying at the time i'd have come off looking worse than the worst of butthurt trolls. (shit, i'd been up what, almost 40 hours straight by then? not exactly my happy time.)