[Return]
Archived thread

File 122777182652.jpg - (173.53KB , 800x1067 , IMG_0687.jpg ) [iqdb]
69830 No. 69830
“Chirp chirp.”

It’s too bright and noisy. Gah, I feel awful. Let me sleep, damn you.


“"Poo-tee-weet?” Another bird calls out. They just won’t stop. Must be morning.

With great effort I force my eyes open to behold a wooden table. Huh? Sluggishly I pull myself up from the padded stool below. Hmm…stool? Oh great, I feel asleep at the front counter again. Why the heck does that keep happening?

I stretch my arms out to yawn, but end up groaning instead. My stiff muscles ache with an impressive level of soreness. Feels like I ran a marathon or something. Why am I covered in bruises and cuts? Something isn’t right here…


I stagger to the back of the store to wash up and change clothes, body throbbing the whole way. What’s with all the gauze and bandages on the floor? When did my home become such a mess?

Something catches my ears halfway down the hall. A moan of pain murmurs from the guest room. I have a guest? Odd I don’t quite remember…my mind must still be a little hazy. I never was much of a morning person anyways.

Then another sound reaches me, coming from behind the closed door to my bedroom. It’s soft and muffled, barely audible, but I can hear it. Someone is crying.

[ ] Check the guest room.
[ ] Check the bedroom.

>> No. 69831
{X} Check the guest room.
>> No. 69837
[x] Check the bedroom.
>> No. 69839
[ ] Check the bedroom.
>> No. 69840
[Z] Check the bedroom.
>> No. 69841
[x] Check the bedroom.
>> No. 69842
THEY CALLED ME MAD FOR STAYING UP TILL THREE IN THE MORNING FOR AN UPDATE!

WELL, WHO'S MAD NOW, HUH?!

HUH?!





THAT'S RIGHT, IT'S ME!
>> No. 69843
>>69842
Calm Down.jpg
>> No. 69845
I get the feeling this choice isn't about getting the right room, but rather choosing the room where it's coming from and thusly changing why the person is in there.

[ ] Check the bedroom.
>> No. 69846
[x] Check the bedroom
>> No. 69852
[ ] Check the bedroom.

Are we finally going to confort Keine now?
>> No. 69890
>“"Poo-tee-weet?”
How'd this story begin, again?
Someone becoming unstuck in time, wasn't it?

[x] Check the bedroom.
>> No. 69892
>>69890

It began with the super gay funtime of Rinnosuke and Person A. Or B.

Then we decided to kill Super Gay Rinnosuke closing off Homolust Path.
>> No. 69897
>>69890
"Slaughterhouse Five" by Kurt Vonnegut
>> No. 69904
>“"Poo-tee-weet?”
Jesus Christ, that was an eerie thing to see on the front page:
I'd just finished reading that book this afternoon.
>> No. 69905
>"Poo-tee-weet?"

Well folks, looks like Keine is as good as dead.

So it goes.
>> No. 69908
>>69905

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 70087
[X] Check the guest room.
[X] Check the bedroom.

Engage command protocol "IDORT".
>> No. 70172
Hmm...

[X]Set Jentec Application receiver(JAR)To Receive the next future terminated distortion should there be any.

[x] Check the bedroom.

Therefore, Should something get horribly mixed up, and should we need to do what we just did again, We have a back up If we need to fix anything.

Also we could in theory combine powers with others, Creating whole new touhoes if we wanted to.

Say we had that green sand that flew away. We could of used it if to make a brand new entity or give someone else the curse of the hakutaku.
>> No. 70174
>>70172

You're onto something here...but wouldn't that destabilize the whole system, which is what we're currently trying to avoid?
>> No. 70178
[x] Check Yukari's rape dimension.
>> No. 70180
>>70174

Meh, We can still keep the sand for use if it's needed, It shouldn't destabilize if we hold on to it.
>> No. 70188
File 122816747261.jpg - (42.28KB , 280x282 , idort udort wealldort.jpg ) [iqdb]
70188
>>70087
Intriguing. I like it.

Writing now, though probably won't be done til late.
>> No. 70367
>>70188
Hooray!

...wait, what?

>idort udort wealldort.jpg
I titter'd.

>> No. 71584
File 12292931714.jpg - (200.75KB , 768x1024 , sample-6dd3961b698f6378688f29af06bbeba2.jpg ) [iqdb]
71584
The soft sobs from my bedroom compel me. I knock softly at the door, but there is no answer. Concerned, I slide open the door and enter.

A woman sits upon my futon, half covered by a blanket, with knees to her chest and arms wrapped around them. Her long blue and white hair hangs disheveled over a matching torn dress. She absentmindedly turns to me with pained reddish eyes. These aren’t eyes like last night though; those vigorous feral orbs have disappeared entirely. These beautiful mahogany eyes merely seem redder and are swollen from crying.

Keine.

She looks at me only for a moment. In that instant I see an array emotions. Her face lights up with the beginning of a smile, but suddenly halts in recognition of something. Her eyes go wide in surprise or panic and she quickly averts her gaze from me.

How much does she remember? How much do I?

“Oh...he-hello Rinnosuke” she stumbles with her words, trying to wear the calm schoolmarm mask which just doesn’t seem to fit at the moment. “Thank you for bringing me back. I really must return to the village soon to take care of my duties. I should...I...”

She gasps and falters. The mask cracks and falls away, revealing a woman in turmoil. Unable to hold back anymore, a flood of emotion spills forth.

“I’m sorry. Oh Rinnosuke I’m so sorry. Last night I was out of control and took advantage your kindness. I became so aggressive and forced you to the ground...and we...we” Keine trails off, losing her words as the lustful scene plays out in her head again. Unconsciously she brings a finger to her mouth and bites it while her face turns a crimson shade.

Suddenly images of Keine’s naked body flash through my mind. Vividly I remember the feeling her soft skin, her sultry voice, her moans of pleasure. My own face heats up in blush just thinking about the wild sex we had last night. But a nag of regret hangs in my thoughts. I’ve been dreading this moment, coming to terms with what we did. But for her to be filled with guilt…it feels wrong.

“No, Keine, don’t apologize. It was my fault. You warned me that you lose emotional control when you transform, and I took advantage of you in that state. I could have resisted…I should have been an honorable man about it, but seeing you so...”

Keine’s tearful begs for me to make love to her appear again in my thoughts, still compelling me to embrace her, but it’s no excuse. I took Keine in her moment of weakness and must make amends to it. With that in mind, I lower to my hands and knees to bow in apology.

“No!” Keine gasps and I feel her hands upon my shoulders trying to pull me up, only to quickly pull away as I rise. Keine draws back, holding her arms tightly against her chest.
“No Rinnosuke, please don’t...it- it’s my fault. I influenced you. I made you crazy with me, I know I did. It was all just too much, I couldn’t hold back. I’ve never been around a man in that form and I...I just wanted you so bad…and it felt so incredible when you...”

Keine hides her face in her hands and cries.
“I’m such a horrible woman! I can still feel it. I enjoyed it so much…and didn’t care about anything else. Even now I can’t stop thinking about wonderful it was and I should regret it more, but I...I”

“Keine, stop. We both wanted to so it’s fine. It was my own will, this isn’t your fault at all. Everything is fine.” Futilely I try to reassure her, but my attempts are blown away.

Keine pulls her hands down and stares angrily at me. She starts to yell, voice full of self disgust.

“It’s not fine! I was so infatuated with pleasure that I neglected my duties and raped you. And because of that a human girl died and you should hate me. Everyone should! I was supposed to be patrolling. I-I could have saved her! Now her blood is on my hands.” More tears well up in Keine’s tired brown eyes again while her words shake with sorrow. “Oh god, there was so much blood...I panicked. I just wanted to undo it. I just wanted to rewrite everything so it didn’t happen. I thought I could fix everything, but when I tried...” Keine’s words trail off as she shivers and sobs in grief. The catalyst of Keine’s turmoil comes to light.

“Rinnosuke, my curse is gone! I can feel it! I’m normal now. I-I-I should be happy! So why...why am I crying more? Why do I feel empty?”

[ ] ?
>> No. 71597
File 122930054579.png - (127.83KB , 405x540 , 1206591629303.png ) [iqdb]
71597
[!/] "What do you mean gone? How?"

Sex cures anything.
>> No. 71598
File 122930156653.png - (224.65KB , 500x350 , 1206061274923.png ) [iqdb]
71598
>>71584
[X] Get up, sit next to her, hold her hand
[X] "I think it would be natural to feel like something is missing. Anyone would feel strange if a big part of their lives were to suddenly disappear. It's alright to feel like that, but Keine..."
Rinnosuke Serious Mode: take her shoulders, look her in the eyes, firm tone
[X] "... I'm not going to let you take all of the responsibility for last night. That was our mistake; yours and mine. We'll bear that sin of it together, and take responsibility for it together."
[X] Rinnosuke Comfort Mode: little embrace, soothing tone
[X] "That's the way it should be. You never should have had to bear any of this all alone."

Admit it, we fucked up and lost Keine's power to protect the village and got someone killed in the process. No two ways about that, so get used to the fact that she shouldn't try to do things alone anymore. Last thing you want is her trying to run out as a normal human and keep protecting the village by herself. That, and start breaking her of the "weight of the world is on my shoulders" mentality. Well, it was, and she developed a mentality that takes responsibility for everything. I'd add more to write-in, but it's too wall-ish as it stands for my tastes.

...

This sense of despair, feeling perpetually doomed to failure regardless of our best efforts and intentions. How I've missed this so.~
No wait, I haven't. How many lives are we planning to fuck up before this ends? A crying girl no less; anon always handles those so well am i rite?
>> No. 71602
File 122930369486.png - (13.08KB , 500x500 , 1203290827663.png ) [iqdb]
71602
>>71598
Hey now, don't feel despair Anon. There is still room for great things to happen. Thousands of wonderful possibilities.
>> No. 71604
[X] Get up, sit next to her, hold her hand
[X] "I think it would be natural to feel like something is missing. Anyone would feel strange if a big part of their lives were to suddenly disappear. It's alright to feel like that, but Keine..."
Rinnosuke Serious Mode: take her shoulders, look her in the eyes, firm tone
[X] "... I'm not going to let you take all of the responsibility for last night. That was our mistake; yours and mine. We'll bear that sin of it together, and take responsibility for it together."
[X] Rinnosuke Comfort Mode: little embrace, soothing tone
[X] "That's the way it should be. You never should have had to bear any of this all alone."
>> No. 71608
[X] Get up, sit next to her, hold her hand
[X] "I think it would be natural to feel like something is missing. Anyone would feel strange if a big part of their lives were to suddenly disappear. It's alright to feel like that, but Keine..."
Rinnosuke Serious Mode: take her shoulders, look her in the eyes, firm tone
[X] "... I'm not going to let you take all of the responsibility for last night. That was our mistake; yours and mine. We'll bear that sin of it together, and take responsibility for it together."
[X] Rinnosuke Comfort Mode: little embrace, soothing tone
[X] "That's the way it should be. You never should have had to bear any of this all alone."
>> No. 71610
[X] Get up, sit next to her, hold her hand
[X] "I think it would be natural to feel like something is missing. Anyone would feel strange if a big part of their lives were to suddenly disappear. It's alright to feel like that, but Keine..."
Rinnosuke Serious Mode: take her shoulders, look her in the eyes, firm tone
[X] "... I'm not going to let you take all of the responsibility for last night. That was our mistake; yours and mine. We'll bear that sin of it together, and take responsibility for it together."
[X] Rinnosuke Comfort Mode: little embrace, soothing tone
[X] "That's the way it should be. You never should have had to bear any of this all alone."
>> No. 71617
[X] Get up, sit next to her, hold her hand
[X] "I think it would be natural to feel like something is missing. Anyone would feel strange if a big part of their lives were to suddenly disappear. It's alright to feel like that, but Keine..."
Rinnosuke Serious Mode: take her shoulders, look her in the eyes, firm tone
[X] "... I'm not going to let you take all of the responsibility for last night. That was our mistake; yours and mine. We'll bear that sin of it together, and take responsibility for it together."
[X] Rinnosuke Comfort Mode: little embrace, soothing tone
[X] "That's the way it should be. You never should have had to bear any of this all alone."

Maybe we can find that hakutu and ask it to bitecave her again and give her powers back?

Well it's an idea at least....
>> No. 71639
[X] Get up, sit next to her, hold her hand
[X] "I think it would be natural to feel like something is missing. Anyone would feel strange if a big part of their lives were to suddenly disappear. It's alright to feel like that, but Keine..."
Rinnosuke Serious Mode: take her shoulders, look her in the eyes, firm tone
[X] "... I'm not going to let you take all of the responsibility for last night. That was our mistake; yours and mine. We'll bear that sin of it together, and take responsibility for it together."
[X] Rinnosuke Comfort Mode: little embrace, soothing tone
[X] "That's the way it should be. You never should have had to bear any of this all alone."
>> No. 71927
File 122972937137.jpg - (202.53KB , 590x725 , 1204425423412.jpg ) [iqdb]
71927
“my curse is gone!”

Flashes of images and thoughts run through my mind at blinding speed.
The scroll shattering… Keine lying on the ground…repairing something…
Everything becomes distorted for a moment. I know what happened, but at the same time it’s blurred. It’s so immense I can’t see it all, like trying to look at an entire cliff wall when I’m are just 3 inches from it.

All I really know is that Keine tried to do something, and it went wrong. Her were form is gone along with her unnatural power. She’s helpless now. And there was that bloody g-

Before I realize it I’m kneeling with Keine, holding her shaking hands in mine.

“It’s natural to feel like that way when you lose something, Keine. This is a big change that happened all at once, and anyone would feel confused. You in time you’ll fill it with something else, but…”

My comforting voice hardens into a stern conviction, as if I were speaking an absolute truth. Squeezing her hands tight I draw her worried gaze to me.

“…you can’t replace it with blame and self hate. I won’t let you. You are a wonderful and kind woman who tries to be responsible for everything, and I won’t let you do that here. I don’t want to see you break! Stop trying to carry the burden of last night all yourself. If you think it was a mistake, then it’s both of ours and we’ll both deal with it together.”

She doesn’t even resist as I pull her to me in a tight embrace. She’s stunned and I’ve gone stupid, but I’m too compelled to stop. The room has been saturated with regrets and I don’t want any more, so I refuse to feel bad for overstepping my boundaries with this.

My voice turns soft and nurturing without even think about it.

“That’s how it should be. Stop trying to take it all when you shouldn’t have to. I’ll help you with whatever you need, so just let it go. It’s all right, I’m here for you, so just let it go.”

Keine’s limp body presses against me for what feels like an eternity. Did I break her? What did I do wrong? Finally her fingers slide up along my back and weakly grip it. A spot on my chest feels hot and wet before I realize Keine is crying freely. She breaks the silence with a growing loud sob and cries to her heart’s content, quivering as the dam around her heart crumbles and a cascade of emotion surges out. All I can do is stroke her hair and coo words of sympathy as I weather the flood. Finally the violent river dies down to a calm stream. Eventually she speaks again.

“Rinnosuke, we barely know each other. We didn’t even really talk to each other until a month ago.” Keine’s tired but lucid voice finally sounds like her normal self.

“I know. I know.” I reply, sadly knowing where she is going with this.

“It’s just…it’s too much to take in so soon. All of this is moving too fast. Thank you for everything, but I…I need some time alone to deal with it.” Her grip around me tightens. “I’d give anything just to stay like this, away from everything, but I can’t. It’s what I want but not what I need. I can’t run away from this, that’s not who I am.” She sighs and we hold each other in silence for a little longer until she draws away.

“I don’t know how well I can protect the village anymore. I need to tell the elders, we need to figure out what to do.”

“I’ll help you. I’ll protect you and the village,” I blurt out without thinking.

Keine smiles, not unlike she would do to a foolish but good hearted child.

“Thank you, Rinnosuke. It might come to that.”

“Hey now, I’m strong than I’m given credit for.” I interject playfully.

“…yes, I suppose you are.” She blushes slightly, probably remembering last night.

It’s strange, I can’t help but to feel some sort of longing for her. A weird sort of connection. Just hours ago we were in the throws of passion, but this Keine feels like a totally different woman. I had the beast in her, but this is the woman. Someone I can confide in. She’s right to say we are moving too fast, and it may just be afterglow and infatuation, but I doubt I could choose between them. I like both.

Suddenly I realize just how close our faces are. Her red-brown eyes seem drained and tired, but they still shimmer in the morning light. Her lips, the ones I can still taste from last night…just a few inches away…

*THUMP*
“Gah! Dammit!”

We both turn to the wall separating the guest and main bedroom. Something crashes and a loud groan rings out again.

“Rinnosuke, what was…?” Keine looks to me in confusion.

“I...I think I brought the Bamboo Forest Wraith home with us…?” I state in a half question, not quite sure either.

[ ] Check the guest room.
-[ ] Take Keine
-[ ] Go alone
[ ] Run away!
>> No. 71928
[ ] Check the guest room.
[ ] Take Keine
>> No. 71930
{X} Check the guest room.
-{X} Take Keine
>> No. 71932
[ ] Check the guest room.
[ ] Take Keine
>> No. 71944
File 122974026779.gif - (46.72KB , 600x450 , e7b6557e139ab121e19c0cdf7eed36ed.gif ) [iqdb]
71944
[!/] Check the guest room.
-[!/] Take Keine

MOKOU~KUN
>> No. 71948
[X] Check the guest room.
[X] Take Keine
>> No. 71956
[Z] Check the guest room.
[Z] Take Keine

Why not? We take her along to all our disastrous outings.
>> No. 73037
File 123085078040.jpg - (232.88KB , 801x1197 , mokou bandage.jpg ) [iqdb]
73037
Absolute puzzlement settles over Keine as she tries to understand my words, which might has well have been in another language. We are both so fatigued mentally, emotionally, and physically that it takes a few seconds to realize the entire situation.

“But that’s just a legend…how would you even meet such a…” she trails off as the realization abruptly hits with enough force that it could send her tumbling. She must have been turning it over in the back of her mind all morning, trying to figure out what happened.

“This can’t be…for such a girl to-“

WHAM.

“fucking hell!” roars the voice again from the other room. Keine immediately springs to her feet and dashes to the door.

Maybe “dashes” is not quite the correct term. Keine winces as she moves her thighs in a stride which quickly degrades into a gallant limp…or a very determined hobble. It’s a little twisted, but while half of me feels sorry for Keine’s pain, the other half reveals in this testament of last night’s stamina. But this isn’t the time to feel impressed with myself though, we’ve got a mystery to solve.

Without even pausing in the hallway, Keine rapidly reaches the more decorated shoji screen door and slides it open with an unnecessarily forceful toss. Normally I might complain how the door was a rare find but am quickly become distracted with…wow…the guest room is nothing short of a mess. Bandages and gauze lay scattered across the floor of the room, half of them caked with dry blood. And in the middle, amongst a toppled desk, chair, and dresser, kneels a girl futilely struggling to get to her feet. I recognize her in a second. The monster from last night turns her burning red gaze up to me from beneath silver strands of wild and dirty hair. Keine and I stand dumbfounded at the awesome sight.

“…”

We just stare in silence, brains pretty much frazzled at this point. It’s not so much that a would be attractive girl is in my home with bandages unraveled and clothes torn enough to look like she was being forcefully stripped and raped. No, it’s more that I remember seeing her guts on the ground covered in blood last night which really has me baffled.

Well her uncovered chest which carries a pair of modestly sized yet a perfectly round and pale breast doesn’t help either.

The girl stares at us with hostility for a moment before focusing on me. “You!” she yells accusingly in a confused regonition. I can’t bring myself to reply, my mind just won’t function properly at the moment. Keine and I just continue to stand in silence, astonished by the sight of a supposed forest wraith and formerly disemboweled girl who by all means should be dead. Also her breasts. Finally the girl notices something is amiss and looks down to her uncovered chest, only to raise and eye brow in amusement.

“Hey buddy, you mind?” She asks in slightly husky but sportingly jovial voice without even bothering to cover herself.

Maybe Keine didn’t see her as closely and vividly last night as I did, so I suppose the impact of the memory was lessened on her. Regardless, her feminine instincts snap her out of the stupor as she steps in front to block my vision and repeatedly hits me, breaking my own trance.

“Rinnosuke! What are you doing? Get out!” She yells with firm schoolmarm authority and shoves me out of the room. “Go get her some clothes!” she commands with a face red in embarrassment before slamming the screen shut. Temporarily stunned once again, I pause and listen to the two women on the other side of the doorway.

“Thanks lady, but it’s not a big deal. I was just- hey, what are you doing? Get off of me you crazy broad. Wait put those down I’m fine now you don’t need to-” cries of protest and struggling echo out from the room. Half tempted to see what’s going on I nearly slide the door back open, but something tells me that idea won’t end well. Hurriedly I run to my bedroom closet to find an old yukata and some towels. On the way back I manage to grab a pitcher of water just in case. Pausing for a second in the hallway I try to mentally prepare myself with how to deal with the current situation.

It doesn’t help.

“I’m coming in” I warn and slide the door open with my foot. The clothes and water nearly drop from my hands, after seeing such a ridiculous sight. The young girl is practically wrapped for a funeral pyre or what those foreign novels call “mummies.” At least her head is showing, so I can see the panic in her eyes as Keine continues to try to pin her down and apply more bandages. She sees me.

“HEY! You! What are you waiting for HELP ME ALREADY!” she rudely yells with the distinct lack of honorifics. Keine continues to wrestle with the girl.

[ ] Keine has gone mad! Save this girl.
[ ] Hmm, where did that video camera go?
[ ] Help Keine wrap the girl down in a fit of sanitation.
>> No. 73039
File 123085213069.gif - (63.81KB , 660x500 , f80336a8d7248b888d546b02e319a7be.gif ) [iqdb]
73039
[!/] Keine has gone mad! Save this girl.
>> No. 73043
[ODIN] Help Keine wrap the girl down in a fit of sanitation.

Oh wow. This.
>> No. 73044
[x] Keine has gone mad! Save this girl.
Superb wording.
>> No. 73045
[ ] Help Keine wrap the girl down in a fit of sanitation.
>> No. 73047
[x] Help Keine wrap the girl down in a fit of sanitation.

Needs comic relief.
>> No. 73048
>>73044
I nearly described Keine's actions with "like a rampaging bull" but it was just too easy.
>> No. 73063
[x] Keine has gone mad! Save this girl.
>> No. 73067
[X] Keine has gone mad!
[X] Help Keine wrap the girl down in a fit of sanitation.
>> No. 73068
>>69830

[x] Help Keine wrap the girl down in a fit of sanitation.

Unrelated: The OP pic looks like one of the background picture of Kanon (in Minase's house to be precise). Correct me if I'm wrong though.
>> No. 73070
>>73068
Actually I took the picture in Takayama, Japan at the Merchant's House museum/historical site. Thought it looked interesting.
>> No. 73077
[x] Help Keine wrap the girl down in a fit of sanitation.
>> No. 73092
[x] Keine has gone mad! Save this girl.

oh come on
>> No. 73099
[x] Keine has gone mad! Save this girl.

Must stay on target... is there even really a target is this story? Can I have both?
>> No. 73100
File 123088830787.jpg - (134.58KB , 736x736 , 1222635451594.jpg ) [iqdb]
73100
>Must stay on target... is there even really a target is this story? Can I have both?

Chill, we'll still have 20 Touhoes left to bang before the 8th thread anyways.
>> No. 73105
{X} Keine has gone mad! Save this girl.
>> No. 73123
>>73099
There are no routes, if that's what you mean. Mannosuke is too much man for just one touhou. There are repercussions if you pimp too hard though.
>> No. 73136
[x] Grin and wink at Mokou.
[x] Quickly help Mokou and at the same time, tie up Keine together.
>> No. 73197
File 12309656558.jpg - (136.57KB , 513x550 , 1435987.jpg ) [iqdb]
73197
A sort of haze falls over my mind.

I can’t shake the image of this girl’s weak bleeding body out of my mind. This poor child, something cut her apart and yet she was still conscious! She must have been in so much pain! I can’t accept that! We should treat her immediately!

“Don’t worry, we’ll take you to the village healer shortly. Hang in there!” I shout as I put down the supplies I brought and rush Keine and the patient. Oh, her face so red! I hope she doesn’t have a fever too!

“Keine, here wrap her abdomen again or the wound might open up.” I suggest and hand my partner another rolls of bandages and gauze. She quickly takes them and works with such amazing speed and accuracy I swear she was a healer herself. What an amazing woman Keine is. Her students are so lucky.

“What the hell are you people doing?!” Oh, the unfortunate youth has gone delusional! She doesn’t even know we are trying to help. It breaks my heart, but we are losing her. We should treat her for shock, just in case! But the girl keeps shakes violently and lets out angry grunts and cries. Thank goodness we tied her down so well, or she might have enough mobility hurt herself. But why would she be-

“She must be going into shock!” Keine exclaims in fear. Oh my god, she’s right! This poor girl has suffered so much trauma and blood lose that she is going through hemorrhagic shock! I read it in one of the medical books I found. “Hold her down, I’ll find something to grab her tongue with!”

“Arrg you bastards get OFF OF ME!” The poor teenager, she is so amazing but that’s what makes it so tragic. She’s obviously lost her mind, but is still awake and cogent. Oh she would have had so many years ahead of her! She might have become a beautiful woman and bear happy healthy children. But that dream is ending for her, being burnt away like the heat of her terrible fever which I can even now feel through the bandages. What should we d-

Without warning the layers upon layers of white cloth we wrapped her in suddenly burst into flames. Spontaneous combustion! I didn’t even think it was possible. Keine cries out in shock as we both scramble away from burning body. Instinctively, I reach for the pitcher of drinking water and throw its contents with all my might.

*SPLASH*
“tsssssssh”

The sound like extinguishing burning embers in a camp fire fills the room as the water hits and douses the fire.

*cough cough cough*
----


“I’m so sorry. I really am.” Keine pleads again to the girl sitting across the table from her.

“I know, lady, ok? You’ve said it about a hundred times now. Just forget about it.” The (still damp) white haired girl grumbles and shifts uncomfortably in the oversized robe which are at least not wet, burnt, or torn. The only thing left after she was engulfed in flame were her strange red trousers, which remained miraculously untouched but still had to be hung to dry outside.

Slowly I sip my tea, trying to figure out how to proceed. Things got a bit…out of control but at least we’ve all calmed down now. Keine and I managed to push away our fatigue and regain a proper composure. Still the girl remains obviously irritable at her treatment and periodically glances over to give me a strange suspicious stare. To say the least, the entire situation is rather awkward.

“So…”

[ ] Introduce yourself properly.
[ ] Ask the girl about herself.
[ ] Cut right to the chase, what the hell happened last night?
>> No. 73198
[!/] Cut right to the chase, what the hell happened last night?
>> No. 73199
[ ] Introduce yourself properly.

Might as well be polite.
>> No. 73201
[x] Introduce yourself properly.

There's always time for politeness.
>> No. 73202
[Z] Introduce yourself properly.
>> No. 73204
[ ] Introduce yourself properly.
>> No. 73205
[x] Introduce yourself properly.

>>73123

As long as it doesn't involve breaking the sweet schoolmarm's heart that sounds good.
>> No. 73206
>>73205
This.

[x] Introduce yourself properly.
>> No. 73254
[x] Ask the girl about herself.

"how the hell did you catch yourself on fire?"
>> No. 73261
[X] Introduce yourself properly.
>> No. 73829
[Z] Update yourself properly
>> No. 74086
File 123247883461.jpg - (112.55KB , 600x800 , 1230225979287.jpg ) [iqdb]
74086
(Sorry its been so long. I'm not happy with this update, but delaying is even worse.)


“Let’s just starts this over again.” I plead, trying to clear the air with a fresh beginning. “Erhum... Hello, my name is Rinnosuke Morichika, the owner of this shop.”

“…and I am Keine Kamishirasawa, schoolteacher of the Human Village and acting guardian.” Keine quickly adds shifting to her ‘professional’ persona seen in the village.

“…” The girl stares in silence with an incredulous expression, obvious still irritated.

“We…umm…well you see we were wondering…that is to say…”
I stumble with my words, desperately trying to break the ice. Any normal person would introduce themselves as well, and this girl not doing so really derails the whole conversation. I mean I don’t even know what to call her, much less ask what she is. Unable to get her to budge, I continue about Keine and myself.

“We were in the forest last night and saw there was a fire. Because Ms. Kamishirasawa is the village protector, we felt duty driven to make sure that no one was hurt.” Well it’s partially true. I’m sure Keine normally would have gone to check it out. Still I look over to my partner for support and only receive an unhappy look and hesitant nod. Wait, did I do something wrong?

“Anyways, while we were investigating the fire, you stumbled out from the flame very badly injured. I’m amazing you even survived. We tried to save you and then…well here we are.” The explanation anticlimactically ends because there is little else I can say. Just trying to think about what happened after that gives me a horrible headache.

We sit in silence, waiting for a reply.

“…and you really expect me to buy all this?” She finally speaks, but the words aren’t in any way positive. “Listen, normally I wouldn’t give a rat’s ass about what the people in the Village do, but normally I don’t wake up in some stranger’s home and get assaulted. Personally I don’t even know why I care, but whatever. Point is, you’re lying to me and its pissin’ me off.”

“Wha…lying? But we aren’t…” I sputter, trying to deny her accusation. Wow this girl is sharp, and she’s not reserved about it either. Her heated piercing gaze bores at me, as if they were burning away the fibs and half lies to find a truth. Did…did her eyes turn a deeper shade of red? Is that even possible? What the hell is she?

“Alright, I’ll play your game; seeing as I’m stuck here for the moment. But when I’m healed if you even try to get in my way of leaving I’m not gonna hold back, k?”

“Please, we aren’t your enemy or bad people! We’re just trying to help! It’s true that we found you so horribly injured and bleeding amongst the fire and tried to save you and…and…” Keine pleads in a shakey voice as she is overwhelmed by the memory and mental fatigue. I can’t blame her; it’s all I can do just not to be sick thinking the image.

The girl’s harsh look softens slightly at Keine’s heartfelt outburst.

“*sigh* Fine lady, look I’ll start it from with side. Yeah I was a bit torn up last night after getting ambushed by a dumb bastard of a youkai. Rarely happens, but I was worn out from something earlier. Anyways, so I’m there trying to get back home while holding in my guts and suddenly I see a man about to be attack by a damn oni!” She points to me. “So while I’m trying to warn this fucker to run he freaking comes up and starts trying to bandage me while the oni sits there and freaks out. I pass out and wake up in some house, all alone but whole. I’ve gotta say I’ve had better medical treatment though.” The girl mentions in an afterthought, tugging at the bandages.

“Now,” she continues, “can yah guess what the big missing hole in your story is? You mind telling me what the hell really happened, and how you didn’t get eaten? Cuz I’m sort of feeling betrayed here seeing as I tried to help you last night, and this is how things turned out. Hell I don’t even think you’re human.”

Said the inhuman girl who hasn’t even given me her name.


[ ] Write in. (You could be defensive, aggressive, etc. Whatever you want, so as long as it works.)
>> No. 74087
[Z] Turn to Keine. "Isn't it sad? A man risks his life in a dark forest full of Oni and Youkai with a full moon out to save a girl, Just so she can demand to know why he is still breathing the next morning!"
[Z] turn to 'girl' "I'll have you know that 'oni' is a good friend of mine. Not all of them are mindless people eating beasts, you know. Please don't call people monsters before you've met them.

Neither a lie or the complete truth, it should serve as a good deflection, at least until we can introduce mokou to EX Keine.

Voting this unless something better comes along.
>> No. 74089
>“Now,” she continues, “can yah guess what the big missing hole in your story is? You mind telling me what the hell really happened, and how you didn’t get eaten? Cuz I’m sort of feeling betrayed here seeing as I tried to help you last night, and this is how things turned out. Hell I don’t even think you’re human.”
>Said the inhuman girl who hasn’t even given me her name.

[x] "You are a very sharp girl, so I'll be frank with you. Your doubts to what I am have merit. Even though I self-identify as human, I do indeed have youkai blood in me, which is part of the reason why it suits me to maintain a shop in this relatively secluded location."
[x] "Keine here, was born human but due to an acquired trait, grows horns during the full moon, giving her the appearance of an oni, something she feels shameful enough about to hide from the rest of the village."
[x] Put your arm around Keine. "What you saw was not so much a youkai attack, as it was the physical expression of desperate loneliness and desire: Sex."
[x] "Now you it seems can regenerate from grievous injury and can produce and control fire at will, but what me and my companion are interested in is not so much as what you are, but who."
[x] "Do you have a name?"
>> No. 74090
[Z] Turn to Keine. "Isn't it sad? A man risks his life in a dark forest full of Oni and Youkai with a full moon out to save a girl, Just so she can demand to know why he is still breathing the next morning!"
[Z] turn to 'girl' "I'll have you know that 'oni' is a good friend of mine. Not all of them are mindless people eating beasts, you know. Please don't call people monsters before you've met them.
>> No. 74091
[x] "You are a very sharp girl, so I'll be frank with you. Your doubts to what I am have merit. Even though I self-identify as human, I do indeed have youkai blood in me, which is part of the reason why it suits me to maintain a shop in this relatively secluded location."
[x] "Keine here, was born human but due to an acquired trait, grows horns during the full moon, giving her the appearance of an oni, something she feels shameful enough about to hide from the rest of the village."
[x] Put your arm around Keine. "What you saw was not so much a youkai attack, as it was the physical expression of desperate loneliness and desire: Sex."
[x] "Now you it seems can regenerate from grievous injury and can produce and control fire at will, but what me and my companion are interested in is not so much as what you are, but who."
[x] "Do you have a name?"
>> No. 74092
[x] Turn to Keine. "Isn't it sad? A man risks his life in a dark forest full of Oni and Youkai with a full moon out to save a girl, Just so she can demand to know why he is still breathing the next morning!"
[x] Turn to 'girl' "I'll have you know that 'oni' is a good friend of mine. Not all of them are mindless people eating beasts, you know. Please don't call people monsters before you've met them.

Kind of useless know a secret when you blab it to the first person you run into.
>> No. 74093
>>74089
She didn't see the sex, we went and found her after that. >>68457
>> No. 74094
[x] Turn to Keine. "Isn't it sad? A man risks his life in a dark forest full of Oni and Youkai with a full moon out to save a girl, Just so she can demand to know why he is still breathing the next morning!"
[x] Turn to 'girl' "I'll have you know that 'oni' is a good friend of mine. Not all of them are mindless people eating beasts, you know. Please don't call people monsters before you've met them.
[x]now with all that out of the way could you please tell us your name
>> No. 75207
UDPATE
>> No. 75216
Sorry about that, world stuff and the restart of the VN have been draining my time and energy. I'll update soon, with >>74089 dialogue theme (works better for this situation.)
>> No. 76763
(ಠ_ಠ)
>> No. 77527
File 123671415252.jpg - (37.91KB , 390x499 , 1204425438943.jpg ) [iqdb]
77527
“That’s a bold statement, coming from a girl who should by all means be dead and can create fire. Are YOU even human?” I instantly regret my jab, but it’s too late. Damage done. Both girls look at me in surprise and no doubt my face is probably bright red now. I just don’t know how to handle these situations. God I’m tired…

“I am what you saw last night. I am not an oni, I am a human. However my blood is cursed to transform into a half creature during the full moon and causes me to become emotionally unstable.” Keine takes hold of the conversation with surprising calm and patience. She said it so matter-of-factly, as if it were a simple line from a textbook and not a dark secret entrusted to a rare few. “At least I was…something happened last night and now that part of me has disappeared…” she trails off reluctantly.

A moment of silence passes before…

“Pffff hahaha. Seriously, that’s the best you can come up with? ‘Oh I’m a terrible victim who is also a monster, but I’m conveniently all better now with no way to prove my story anymore.’ Sure you are. And I’m a fuckin’ moon rabbit!” The girl laughs.

Keine’s eyes go wide, shifting the dark bags beneath them downward. Her mouth opens, then closes impotently before firming with a clenched jaw. “I should be going” she mutters coldly before quickly rising slipping out the door. I hardly even realize that I’m running after her.

“Aww come back, I was only-“ I toss the door shut behind me before the insolent girl can finish. Keine is already out the door with her shoes and bag by the time I reach her.

“Keine wait, you don’t need to go. Look I’ll…” but I trail off when I see her eyes. Weary, hurt, emotional.

She glares at me for a moment before softening her expression to one of exhaustion.

“Please just leave me alone right now. It’s just too much. I’m sorry, I just need time to think…good day, Mr. Morichika.”

Hesitantly, Keine turns away and awkwardly rises into the air a few feet before shaking and stumbling back down to the earth. She seems so weak that it hurts just watching. I nearly walk over to offer to help, but am cut off.

“I’ll just walk back.” Keine says sadly without even turning back to look at me. “Good day,” is the last I hear from her as she limps down the path to the village. I can’t see her face, or what mask she is trying to wear for the sake of the Village.

Something in my chest hurts. She’s not mad at me, she just needs deal with what happened, right? We are both just tired and short-tempered. She doesn’t blame me for any of this or what happened to her. Keine isn’t like that. Everything will be fine. Yeah, just fine…right? Why is my heart beating so fast?

Still, I watch until she is just a blue dot in the distance.

===

“Back so soon? You’re wife is a bit high strung, yah know,” the nearly albino girl says without compassion but rather offhand boredom.

Something snaps inside. I can’t really stop it, it’d be like swimming up a waterfall. I tried to be calm and supportive for Keine…tried to push away my own feelings but this…this…

“Shut up.” I whisper darkly.

“…what?”

It all comes gushing out.

“I said shut your god damn mouth; because everything that comes from it is a snarky mean spirited comment! Keine is going through something difficult but spilled her heart and secret regardless, and you tormented her in return! Do you have any idea what you did?! I wish we had never saved you last night, you ungrateful brat!”

The girl’s surprise turns into anger as my words sink in.

“…ha…hahaha, oh wow you ARE in love with her aren’t you. Well since you finally showed you got a pair, why don’t you kick me out Mr. Macho? Too afraid to do it while she was here? Well I wish you hadn’t found me either, I don’t need your help. I’d have been just fine, always am. And I wouldn’t be cold and wet and dealing with a pitiful excuse for a man and his psycho monster woman.”

“I said SHUT YOUR MOUTH.” I roar at her.

“Or you’ll WHAT?” she yells back arrogantly with burning eyes and wicked look.

[ ] Hit her. This girl has crossed the line. (Specify where, using what, and how hard)
[ ] No, you’re better than that.
>> No. 77580
[ ] No, you’re better than that.

Kourin isn't weak enough to give in to his anger.
>> No. 77617
[ze] No, you’re better than that.
>> No. 77653
[x] No, you’re better than that.
>> No. 77690
[x] "You've made your point; we won't bother you with our misguided sympathies ever again, and furthermore we'll make sure that none of the other villagers will either."
[x] "Now with the assurance that the isolation you enjoy so much will continue on unmolested, kindly get the hell out."
>> No. 77706
>>77690
No, that will not work, we need to bring Keine and Mokou together to fix shit.
[x] No, you’re better than that.
>> No. 77712
>>77706

Yes, except that you're going about it in the entirely wrong way.
>> No. 78379
File 123716170932.jpg - (33.25KB , 416x300 , tempest.jpg ) [iqdb]
78379
My hand clenches into a tight fist and rises into the air. I’ve had enough of this woman. We tried to do a good deed, and have received nothing but grief in return. She’s insulted us, sneered at our hospitality, and Keine even cried over her. She has it coming needs to learn a lesson.

Suddenly the memory of a drunk brutish man enters my mind. Tossed furniture lay spread across the floor like islands amongst a sea of scattered broken glass. He stands engulfed in a stupid aimless rage, lording over a little blonde girl who cowers away from the towering assailant. Her bright eyes filled with terror and betrayal turn towards me, shimmering with tears.

…no, I’m better than that. For her sake, I’ll never be like him.

With deep disgust my hand drops limply to my side. All of this has left a foul taste in my mouth, and I’m too exhausted to continue. Dejectedly I turn to leave, but not before looking over my shoulder to the “guest.”

“You’re welcome to stay here until you heal. If you want out so bad, then crawl your way out a window. I’ll be back later with food.” There is no warmth left in my voice, but no malice either. It’s hard to say if I have the energy for either.

I step out and slide the door shut in silence. Muffled protests call out from the room, but I ignore them. All I really want now is

[ ] A bath
[ ] A nap
[ ] Food
>> No. 78421
[x] Food
>> No. 78422
[x] Food
>> No. 78423
[X] A bath.
>> No. 78426
[x] Food
>> No. 78430
[x] Food

I HUNGER
>> No. 78568
File 123723830419.png - (126.68KB , 387x390 , cedar-bento.png ) [iqdb]
78568
My stomach growls angrily. When was the last time I ate? Sleep is meaningless if it isn’t restful, and there is no way I can relax while half starved. Clumsily I make my way to the kitchen, still dreading the thought of cooking. But as I enter it something catches my eye.

At the table lays the sack of supplies I took last night, and as well as an unfamiliar bag. Strange. Compelled by curiosity I check its contents only to find a plain bento filled with thoughtfully, though now scattered, dishes. Rice balls, shrimp, egg, vegetables. Where did this come from?

…oh. It’s Keine’s lunchbox. Our ‘midnight snack.’ I’ll need to return it to her at some point. She must have missed it when she ran out. I say a silent prayer of thanks to her and divide the cold contents in half and quickly down my portion. Its…odd. Some of the items are delicious, while others are absolutely horrible tasting. Did Keine really cook all of these?

The meal was small, but enough to sate me for now. Drowsiness begins to creep in. I should hurry.

Plate in hand, I stand before the guest room door and knock.

“…” No reply. Fine then. I slide the door open to find the room slightly altered. The window has been propped open yet the white haired girl still remains on the futon, surrounded by torn bloody gauze and ash. It’s obvious she’s moved around after I left.

“Couldn’t climb out?” I ask with amusement?

She just stares unhappily back at me. Well I suppose silence is better than rudeness. Unceremoniously I place the container next to her on the floor table, and step to leave.

“…why are you doing this?” She inquires in uncertainty and a hint of suspicion. Good question.

“I don’t know. Common courtesy I suppose. We aren’t beasts after all.” I emphasis the last word to make my point, still angry about what she said to Keine.

The girl scowls for a moment but lowers her gaze down to the food, tapping it absentmindedly with her chopsticks. The hashi move from grain to grain of rice, like a finicky bird flitting about upon the ground searching for worms. Well then, nothing left to do for now. The atmosphere is still dense and unwelcoming, but at least I am trying to be hospitable. Without another word I continue out the room and reach for the door.

“What’d you say your name was?” Her words dart out just as I get a hold of the handle.

“Rinnosuke Morichika.”

“……Mokou” she calls out to me. “Mokou of Fujiwara.”

‘Well at least I have a name’ I think as I slide the door shut.

======
Sand shifting faster now. Cascading mountains of it. Connections fading and new ones growing. Darkness slowly creeping back over the scroll covered sky…

=====

“Gah!” I awaken with a startled yell and sit up from my futon, covered in sweat. What a dream. Why was it about…what was I dreaming about anyways? Something about…huh I can’t quite remember now…

A few crows cry out in the distance. The sun is almost to the mountains, beginning to paint the horizon with a warm orange hue to contrast the cold creeping in. It’s late. Dammit, how long was I asleep?

Amazingly, most of the soreness in my muscles has faded away. Nearly as good as new. I wonder how my ‘guest’ is healing, if she is even still here.

[ ] Go check on Mokou
[ ] Get a bath ready first
And
[ ] Put on the glasses
[ ] Leave them for now
>> No. 78617
[X] Go check on Mokou
[X] Leave them for now
Let's stun Mokou with our glasses less face
>> No. 78637
[X] Go check on Mokou
[X] Leave them for now
>> No. 78639
[ ] Get a bath ready first
Come on, this'll make a good impression.
[ ] Leave them for now
awesome.jpg
>> No. 78640
[ ] Go check on Mokou
[ ] Put on the glasses
>> No. 78642
[x] Get a bath ready first
[x] Leave them for now
>> No. 81315
update
>> No. 81331
[z] Go check on Mokou
[e] Put on the glasses
>> No. 81498
File 123822192486.jpg - (74.01KB , 499x287 , bathtub.jpg ) [iqdb]
81498
I’ll leave the glasses for now; they don’t really serve a purpose anyways. Just a novelty I suppose. Something new and interesting. Different.

I’m already at the guest room before I know it. The door slides open silently to reveal a quiet room lit by the fading sun. The warm colors try to shine off the sleeping girl, but they are blocked by something. Sort of smudged in a way. Seems to be the ash from the fire incident which still lays in a thin film over her, thin as silk but giving the aura of dull armor. A juxtaposition.

The girl named Mokou lays motionless on the futon with exception to the slow rise and fall of half used sheets. She lies there, curled into a ball with her arms wrapped around her legs as if she had fallen asleep upright against a wall. I wonder if she always sleeps like that. It can’t be comfortable, yet she looks well enough. Her sleeping face doesn’t seem relaxed as much as it’s just ‘still’ and neutral. Keine’s face seemed so serene when she was in my arms, it almost felt unreal. Part of me dreads that I’ll never see that dream again. But this girl is different. Feels like maybe at one point she was gentle too, but it’s been worn away into a troubled expression like a weathered stone. Her face is unscarred, yet it’s the subtle tension in the muscles which ends up just giving off a very old appearance. She was so expressive before, so bright and vibrant with emotion, but now she just seems dim. I think she looked better when she was smiling, even if it was a sadistic grin.

Careful not to wake my guest, I take the empty bento box and leave Mokou to her slumber. It’s late enough to start the cast iron stove and heat up the bath as well.

==

I sigh as the water’s heat works its way through my muscles. It’s tough getting the fire just right, but always worth it. As I play in the extended tub, I notice the steam from the bath water drifting away. My thoughts soon follow…

Everything feels like it’s happening so fast. It’s been over a month since I’ve seen Marisa, over a month since her father fired me. I hope she is ok, despite being practically locked in her own home. Mr Kirisame made it very clear that he’ll never let her learn magic, despite her unstoppable motivation to do so. She’s too wild of a child to be kept inside, she needs to be free to grow. It’s her nature. But she has to be the one to tear free from her father, no one can do it for her or things won’t truly change. Even Yukari said that.

Yukari…what a strange woman. She danced in and out of my home like a flickering candlelight shadow, yet left such a profound impact. Her voice, her touch, her smell…I don’t know what to make of it. Reach for a shadow and it will grow, yet it can never be grasped. She acts so playfully, but there is a terrible power and knowing behind those youkai eyes. It’s like she is always indulging in whimsical pleasures, yet every action feels carefully planned and predicted. She is two extremes forced into one body, but they remain in perfect balance and unity. Self proclaimed Guardian of Gensokyo eh? Why would she take such an interesting in me? At least Keine’s motivation is understandable.

Keine…oh gods Keine. We barely spoke before, and yet now I know her so intimately. Last night with her was beyond amazing, but it all ended up wrong. We were so wild and chaotic, driven by primal passion like dumb beasts. Even the air around her when she was transformed seemed to tingle with something…dynamic. But now that’s gone. She said it’s disappeared from her somehow. We found a dying girl and she panicked. Keine was crying as her brush came down to her scroll and I somehow knew it was bad, but something happened. Something…

“Gah!” I shout in frustration as my mind simply freezes. I can’t remember a thing. Just flashes of pictures and impressions faded away like footprints on an ocean shore. The waves rise and fall until the sand is smooth and featureless again.

Why am I so compelled to try to remember these images, when they feel so beyond my grasp. Why do women keep appearing whom I feel so drawn to in some strange way? What am I doing?

====
>> No. 81500
File 123822203070.jpg - (22.44KB , 550x684 , steam.jpg ) [iqdb]
81500
Feeling troubled but somewhat refreshed I finish my bath and add replacement wood to the fire burning in the stone pit beneath the house. I won’t be the only one who uses it tonight.

Mokou is awake this time when I visit the guest room. She stares at me suspiciously but bemused somewhat, still unsure about what I’m doing. What a coincidence, since I really don’t know what I’m doing anyways.

Calmly I extend the invitation. “There is still time before dinner. The bath is ready if you wish to clean and soak. I placed some restorative salts in as well to help your healing.”

“No.” She simply replies. A quiet tension fills the room again.

“…no?” I ask in confusion.

“Don’t like the water.” Oh come now, that’s just childish!

“But you’re filthy.”

“Yeah, well I’ll burn it off to get clean. What do you care anyways?” Her voice rises with a hint of anger.

Fine, if she is going to be stubborn then there is no need to be polite about it.
“You smell like a bloody, burnt, dead body and it’s become unpleasant to breathe in your presence.”

Her eyes go wide in surprise for a moment, but quickly narrow dangerously at the insult. Her hand rises to no doubt throw something at me, but pauses to be sniffed and wipe a thin film of soot from her face.

“…fine.” She unhappily admits defeat. Clumsily she rises from the floor and sort of stumbles past me towards the door, obviously still too weak to walk properly.

“Do you need me to help you to the-“ I begin, but the glare from her red eyes is quite frightening.

“Don’t even think about it.”

====
>> No. 81501
File 123822211241.jpg - (104.66KB , 500x333 , cookin_with_anon_but_Im_not_AD_so_no_recipe.jpg ) [iqdb]
81501
I’m almost finished cooking dinner by the time Mokou returns from the bath.

“Where are my clothes?” She demands in the elegant woman’s yukata I found in the back of the story. The robe is purple with golden wheels, which I thought was a strange summer design but still appreciated it. Hoped it would sell well. It looks strange on Mokou, though.

“You burnt your shirt away this morning, and your pants were filthy so I put them in the wash bin. I’m afraid you’ll have to wear something feminine for the moment.”

“Hmmp!” she vents and stomps to the table indignantly to fix herself a drink from the alcohol I provided. That’s fine I suppose, though I was half expected her to simply walk naked in protest. Seems she has some social graces, however small.

I really shouldn’t be thinking it, but seeing her naked wouldn’t be all that bad. This Mokou girl is certainly not unattractive, just not beautiful in a traditional sense. Her body is young, she couldn’t be more than 17 years old, but still filled out well enough to be considered a healthy woman of child bearing age. It’s her eyes and hair which are unsettling. Hair pale as death and eyes burning red as a demon’s. No wonder people thought she was a wrath. Yet her complexion has a sort of has a pale, other worldly beauty. It’s surreal yet enjoyable, like a flickering campfire on a foggy night. As she storms past me the strange tags swish back and forth across her firm butt with her hair, which now shimmers like threads of silver. Strange though, weren’t those wards on her trousers as well? What an odd fashion sense.

“I’m a bit surprised you aren’t just running back to the room,” I jab humorously as she rummages through the liquor.

“Thought about it, but I’m not dumb. A free meal is a free meal, and I ain’t had a good drink in forever.” She chugs an entire bottle of beer with as much profession as the muscle men I’ve seen in the village’s bar. “Ahhh” she sighs in relief before continuing.

“I figure long as I’m stuck here, I might as well try to find a way to make you more tolerable.” Was that an insult?.

“Wouldn’t that require me to be drinking, not you?” I reply with jest.

“Hell no, I’m sure you’re an insufferable loose cannon when drunk. All you stoic business types are.” She laughs and takes another bottle. What’s gotten into this girl? She’s already acting intoxicated. Did she stay in the bath too long or something?

The two bowls of rice and a plate of stir fried chicken with vegetables are finally finished. With great satisfaction at the simple yet balanced meal, I deliver the dishes to the table.

“You know, last time you brought me food thought you really were going to hit me.” Mokou states with amusement.

“So did I.” I reply calmly and take a sip of my drink.

“Heh” she laughs lightly before tossing rice into her mouth without prayer or even waiting for me. Ah well, it’s not a special meal anyways.

Dinner continues in relative silence. The sun fades beyond the horizon, leaving only oil lanterns and candles to illuminate my store. The air carries a slight uncomfortable tension, but this is the best it’s so far. A night sparrow chimes out in a sing-song voice somewhere amongst the trees.

“Say, Ms. Fujiwara…”

“Mokou” she interrupts. “That clan is long gone.”

“Ah, I see. Well Ms. Mokou, if you don’t mind me asking, what were-”

“Yeah, I do mind.” She laughs. I suppose it was a joke?

“…what were you doing in the forest in such a shape anyways? You said a youkai attacked you, but what were you doing there in the middle of the bamboo? I know there was a danmaku fight, but primitive youkai don’t use spellcards.”

“…” Mokou taps her chopsticks against the empty plate unhappily.
>> No. 81502
File 123822221169.png - (264.70KB , 500x500 , 122130564456.png ) [iqdb]
81502
I take her cup and fill it with sake, but don’t quite hand it back. It stays hovering between us, as an offering. She reaches forward, but I pull it back just outside of range.

“Fine, fine I’ll tell you. Gah!” She yells with an exasperated sigh. I gentle place in front of her. “Bastard,” she adds before snatching it and nearly empties the liquor with an impressive gulp of it. But as she brings it down, she pauses thoughtfully for a moment and stares at the remaining drink while swishing it around in her cup.

“I was fighting an old rival. We battle now and then, when either of us gets bored or just feels the need. We try to kill each other, every time. But we are both immortal, so it’s pointless. I hate her, but she’s the only one I have close to me. Only person I can relate to.” She takes another gulp of the sake to finish it, and I wince. That much alcohol at once must burn, but she doesn’t seem to care. Somberly, Mokou continues.

“We were fighting last night. Kaguya had me good in the beginning, what with the moon behind full and all. Damn lunarian…still trying to be graceful and powerful in the moonlight when she doesn’t give a shit about that place anymore. But she got distracted; whining about something in the distance was messing with her. Said it was ‘distorting of her sense of eternity’ or some bullshit like that. She let her guard down, and I tore her apart. Total victory,” she chimes happily thinking about her conquest. “And then her escort took her body back home to heal and I was left bored and alone. Started thinking about what she said, and didn’t even notice the youkai sneaking up on me. Big savage ones too. I killed most of them, but one got a sucker shot on me and ripped open my belly….guess I sort of lost it after that. Next thing I realize, I’m stumblin’ round in the fire and see you.” She finishes off another glass and thumps it down between us. I dutifully pour her more.

I guess she was telling the truth before, about being attacked. She must of started the fire as well. No wonder she lived through it. Still, this is a lot to take in. Immortal? Lunarian? This is a bizarre story to say the least.

“So you beat this Kaguya. Who is she?”
Mokou hiccups and slams her fist into the table.

“The most arrogant and useless woman I’ve eva seen.” Mokou’s voice slurs more now in testament to how much she’s drunk. “God damn banished princess of the moon, come down to live with the peasants and play with their hearts. Tallts about an’ acts like she’s a gift for thou, glass figure on pedestal to only gaze at half th’ time. Broke mah stupid father’s heart un’ dishonored mah family. Feh…I trow not o’ them anymore, they mean nary a thing now.”

Mokou’s voice sinks into a strange dialect I’ve not heard before. Wait, did she just… start speaking in old tongue? What the hell?

[ ] Ask more about this Kaguya.
[ ] Ask about where she lives
[ ] Ask about her family.
[ ] Ask why she is talking like that.
[ ] Ask how she can control fire.
>> No. 81515
[X] Ask how she can control fire.
maybe we can learn
>> No. 81543
[x] Ask why she is talking like that.

Just how old are you?
>> No. 81962
[ ] Ask why she is talking like that.
[ ] Ask how she can control fire.
>> No. 82189
[~] Ask how she can control fire.
[z] Ask more about this Kaguya.
[e] Ask why she is talking like that.

I would add
>[ ] Ask about where she lives
>[ ] Ask about her family.
as well, but we might seem nosy.
>> No. 83701
[x] Ask more about these Updates.
>> No. 83740
By your command, I write!
>> No. 84075
File 123968011626.jpg - (21.08KB , 410x307 , 123633450575.jpg ) [iqdb]
84075
>>83740
>> No. 84781
File 124018880697.jpg - (108.76KB , 500x400 , 1220839809398.jpg ) [iqdb]
84781
“Umm…why are you talking like that?” I ask cautiously.

“What dost thou mean?”

“You…umm…’doth speakist most strangely.’”

“What dos-,” her eyes go wide in realization. “Ga…gods dammit. Fuck you!”

“Hey, what did I do?”

“Just shut up, ok! Don’t make fun of me, you bastard! It took a long time to stop talking like that, and no one taught me so it was annoyin to learn by ear. Fuck, I’ve been around those pricks in Eientei too much.”

“Wait…wait just a second. What do you mean ‘stop taking like that’? Why would you start talking in such an old language in the first place?”

“…shut up, none of thou- FUCK,” she curses at her relapse. “None of your business.”

But the gears are already turning. She said she was immortal…

“Just how old are you, Mokou?”

She gives a half insulted look. “Jerk, you don’t ask a lady that.”

“You don’t act like a lady, so I won’t treat you like one.”

“Feh, good answer. Too bad I can’t tell you, since I lost count a LONG time ago. Don’t really care, since age doesn’t mean shit to me. Don’t even remember my birthday, not that it matters since things back during Hakuchi were lame anyways.”

Hakuchi…as in the years of Hakuchi? But that’s during the Asuka Period which makes…

“You can’t seriously be over 1300 years old.”

“Heh, has it been that long eh? Time flies.”

“What the hell are you?” This is getting ridiculous

“I’m just a girl,” she jeers with amusement.

“A 1300 year old girl who makes fire. What the hell are you, a phoenix?”

“Eh? A phoenix?” she pauses for a moment, before breaking into a hysterical laugh. “Pfff hahahahahahha…yeah I guess I am…hahahaha.”

Her sudden mirth throws me off. I can’t really tell if she is being serious or not.

“You’re not really…are you?”

“…” She stops laughing to gaze at me like I was an idiot child. “Of course not, idiot.”

I pour us another glass, nearly emptying the bottle. Mokou is obviously feeling the alcohol, and I’m growing a little sloppy myself.

“Well then how is it you can create fire? You may be immortal, but you are still only human.”

“Heh, fuck if I know. I just can. It’s a part of me. I just feel it inside. I always feel it. I burn, and then just let it out. It just sort of pours out of me.”

Strange reply. That didn’t really answer my question at all, but it sort of makes sense. I can look at things and just instinctively know what they are used for. It would be hard to describe that to someone who can’t.

Surprise once again momentarily appears on Mokou’s face, before turning to a scowl. “Why the fuck are we talkin’ about this? I barely even know you.”

That’s actually a really good question. I doubt she’d be this open with a practical stranger were she sober. But the answer seems pretty obvious, even if she doesn’t realize it.

“Maybe you’re just lonely.” I tell her calmly, with a hint of compassion.

Her face turns red with anger. “Go to hell. I’m fine, you bastard. I’ve gone through some tough shit, but I’m ok now. Don’t need tah tell my life story to some pervert. How the fuck would you like it I grilled you?!”

“Go ahead. It’s only fair.” This girl is really defensive. Maybe giving her some advantage will calm her down.

She raises an eyebrow curiously, and then smirks.

“Fine then, I will. You really a youkai?”

“Half.”

She grins cruelly, as if finding a secret weak spot in an opponent’s armor.

“How the hell does that work anyways? Humans and monsters don’t really mix well. Your dad got a fetish for things that can kill him or something?”

“I wouldn’t know. I don’t remember them at all. Most of my childhood is a blur.” I reply matter-of-factly without betraying any emotion. There isn’t really to betray about it; I never really thought about it much.

“Ah…” Mokou trails off with a strange expression, then looks down to nurse her glass. It’s been a day and I’ve only seen her angry or bemused. Yet right then she looked almost…

[ ] Ask what she wanted to say
[ ] Change the subject (write-in or choose a previous question)
[ ] Do something else (write-in)
>> No. 84782
[X] Stop drinking.
[X] I want...I want to find Keine.
[X] Maybe she doesn't want to find me.
[X] Maybe I'll just...walk around for a while, and try to find her, but not try to find her at all. Zen. Looking while not-looking. Or something.
>> No. 84783
>>84782
While Keine is indeed lovely, she asked to be left alone for a bit earlier that day when she left, and it is currently nighttime.
>> No. 84785
[x] Ask what she wanted to say.
>> No. 84786
[x] Ask what she wanted to say.
>> No. 84787
>>84783
In other words, what I'm trying to say is '[X] Wander aimlessly outside and try to justify it to yourself'.

...Sorry. Everything seems so clear to me in my mind, and then I type it out and it's mud.
>> No. 84788
[x] "Sorry. No skeletons in my closet, no unrequited loves, no archnemeses to overcome, no prospects for fame nor fortune, had such things ever even mattered to me. I have lived a life of neither toil nor opulence. All not so much the result of hesitation or ignorance, merely apathy."
[x] "It would seem to me however, that because I do not really care about you and your situation, and because I am completely unable to empathize with you and your circumstances, that I am in a position uniquely suited to offer sound, unashamed, impartial, and even cruel advice to you, regarding your circumstances. Advice which, even had you decided to follow it, would in no way indebt yourself to me, because my only goal in all of this is to rehabilitate you as quickly as possible, so my girlfriend can get over her depression."
[x] "Now is that frank enough an account of our relationship as it stands, or are you perhaps getting a little soft on me?"
[x] Ask what she wanted to say
>> No. 84802
[x] Ask what she wanted to say.
>> No. 85002
[x] Ask what she wanted to say.
>> No. 85048
Asking it is. Thanks for the votes. Would have updated sooner, but been busy with other stuff. Please wait warmly and I'll write soon. Tomorrowish.
>> No. 85050
>>85048

hooray!
>> No. 85056
File 12405396178.jpg - (189.06KB , 580x571 , 1203316391606.jpg ) [iqdb]
85056
She looked almost…sympathetic?

“What about you?”

“Huh?” Mokou looks up with confusion as she emerges from her thoughts.

“You seemed like you had something to say.”

“Oh, I uh…” she stumbles at a loss for words. They return, but are slurred and melancholy. “Don’t really remember mah folks either…the faces anyway. S’more like I remember tha concept of ‘em. Time sorta weathers memories and dat stuff away. Heck, eventually I won’t even rememba talkin’ bout dis.” She pauses with a frown and finishes off her glass like trying to wash away a bad taste. I’ve honestly lost count of how much she’s had, and it’s a little unnerving.

“All I rememba is seein’ mah mom dead. Stupid coward of a father…he…he tried to win Kaguya’s hand even though he had us. ‘Course she rejected everyone who tried an’ even gave those stupid tasks…just playing with their lives…not even thinking about their families.”

Mokou’s breath begins to turn ragged. Her expression grows stern.

“He even spent our family fortune on a stupid fake jeweled branch. All of it! Then he just ran away and left us with his debt. My mother…she… couldn’t take the shame, and got sick…an…an’ I found her just lying there…like she just didn’t want to deal with it anymore…”

An inferno of rage and hate roars in Mokou’s red eyes.

“An’den I was alone. Widoutan honor…or nobility…or.. or money or anything! Bæftan nefne mah life. They took mah home an I had nothing. Twas all gone…an’ for what? Cuz some good lookin bitch likes tah play games with people’s hearts? Because s’fun watching humans trip over themselves?”

Mokou begins to quiver as her voice escalates into practically a scream.

“An’ wha’d I get from id’all? Tha cursed gift she left here…an…an’ now the very person who made my life hell s’the only one who can understands me! Buh she doesn’t understand s’all jus’ another god damn game to her she doesn’t care about anyone else but herself an’ still plays with other’s love like it might actually mean something when she does care an’ why should I?!

Mokou’s already drunken glazed eyes go dim as she shakes in emotion.

“Mokou, just calm down.”

“I AM CALM!” she bellows and throws her arms wide. And at that moment all Mokou’s anger and pain comes pouring out of her like a burning river. It slides over the table in a great wave of flame.

*craaaa-TINK*

It happens again. Everything slows down. My entire body just keeps humming as it falls back from the table but I don’t remember trying to move. For a brief moment I become entranced glimpsing the food between us char and shrivel before I fall out of sight. The last thing I notice is the fire rolling across the jug of high proof spirits that man in the village gave me last year. The one with the x’s on it…

*FWOOSH*
*THUD*

Everything speeds back as the floor smacks into my head. Heat and light assault my eyes, yet past the burning wreckage of my table shines Mokou’s pale face, white with a look of horror.

Oh god, my table is on fire.

[ ] Write-in
>> No. 85058
[x] Get Mokou out of the room.
[x] Try and put out the fire by beating it out with a blanket.
>> No. 85059
[x] Get Mokou out of the room.
[x] Try and put out the fire by beating it out with a blanket.
>> No. 85060
[x] Try and put out the fire by beating it out with a blanket.
>> No. 85061
[X] Try to douse Mokou's fires by beating her with your penis.
>> No. 85062
[x] Try and put out the fire by beating it out with a blanket.

>she doesn’t care about anyone else but herself an’ still plays with other’s love like it might actually mean something when she does care an’ why should I?!

Poor lovesick firebird~
>> No. 85073
[x] Try and put out the fire by beating it out with a blanket.
[x] Tell Mokou to get some water.

If you don't tell her to do something, she'll run away in mortification.
>> No. 85076
[x] Try and put out the fire by beating it out with a blanket.
[x] Tell Mokou to get some water.
>> No. 85079
[x] Try and put out the fire by beating it out with a blanket.
[x] Tell Mokou to get some water.
>> No. 85085
> ...fire rolling across the jug of high proof spirits that man in the village gave me last year. The one with the x’s on it…

>>85073
>>85076
>>85079

>Water


You want to throw water on a propellant fueled fire. ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 85086
>>85085

Lets just pull out our AFFF
>> No. 85087
>>85085

It's less about putting out the fire and more to get Mokou to snap out of it.
>> No. 85089
[ze] Try and put out the fire by beating it out with a blanket.

>>85085
I know I don't.
>> No. 85738
File 124123819199.jpg - (180.98KB , 450x627 , 120913299772.jpg ) [iqdb]
85738
Oh gods, my table is on fire!

“Shit!” I yell and stumble away from the flame. It burns with a hateful fury, venting black smoke which quickly fills the room with a dark poisonous haze. Have to think fast and put it out. Need water…no not just water. The alcohol I the problem. It’s like a grease fire…can’t just douse it.

My white haired guest stands there dumbfounded, moving her lips over and over in a chant but I can’t hear it. She remains frozen in place by the fire, eyes still wide in shock at her terrible deed. As if it sapped Mokou of her own inner flame.

“Mokou, get out of there!” She doesn’t respond. Her gaze remains ever trapped by the sight of the engulfing flame.

Dammit girl, don’t space out on me now!
Cursing to myself I sprint around the table and grab her. The heat of the inferno penetrates my skin with an unforgiving smothering pain but I have to ignore it. Even Mokou’s body burns like an iron stove as I drag her away.

“I didn’t mean ta…I…it was an accident I wouldn’t…” Mokou mutters in panicked bursts.

I cradle her face in my hands and pull it up to meet my gaze, wincing as her impossibly hot skin scalds away my nerves.
“Mokou, look at me!”

Dull crimson eyes continue to float in a haze for a few more seconds, before a look of recognition pierces through it. She grabs my arms, but doesn’t try to pull my hands from her face. The pain distracts me too much to figure out what she means by it.

“Mokou I need your help. Go get a blanket. There are some in the hallway closet.” I command with a cool voice, but practically have to shout it over the roar of the blaze. She nods.

We pull ourselves up and dash off in different directions. I’m able to navigate through the room without much difficulty, but Mokou is not so lucky. A crash rings out as she drunkenly tops over a chair but still charges onwards into the hallway. By the time she returns with some linen I’m already halfway through furiously pumping the water handle to draw out water from the reservoir beneath my house. It sprays wildly into the half full sink. Instinctively she dunks the cloth into the basin. Smart girl.

“Hurry” I yell as we carry over the soaked blanket to the spreading fire. Water rolls down my arms and drenches my clothes but there is no time to care. With a mighty heave we swing the cover over the fire while holding onto one end. It billows and unravels through the black air about as well as a soaked cloth can, then falls over the table with a wet thud. The roar of the fire fades into a defeated hiss as the flame is extinguished and the room goes nearly dark.

Fatigue seeps through my body as the adrenaline fueled tingling in my fingers fades back into the alcohol induced numbness. Mokou falls to her knees in exhaustion. The now soaking wet robe I gave her turned semi-transparent somewhere amidst the splashes of water, and it clings to her curves in a surprisingly erotic display of her hidden feminine traits. The strange girl’s pale skin almost shines through the purple threads. She shivers in silence, then screams.

“Fuck…fucking dammit why does this always happen? I try t’be nice ‘n getta know people an’ it turns tah hell!”

Oh boy, I really don’t want her angry again.

“Mokou, its fine. Don’t worry about it.”

“What tha hell you mean ‘don’t worry’? I set yah god damn table on fire. You shoulda been killed with a hit like that. How’d yah not get burnt anyhow, movin’ like that?” she demands.” …you know what, never mind. I’m outta her before I do any more damage.”

“Mokou stop. Its nighttime and you are still drunk and weak. Immortal or not you’ll get torn up out there. Just wait until morning.”

She stares at me inquisitively. “What tha hell is with you? I jus’ nearly killed you an’ burnt up your kitchen, but you still want me to stay? You aren’t right in tha head.” Her stare grows cruel and suspicious. “Why r’you still tryin’ tah help me?”

I sigh.
“Listen, I’m just trying to do the right thing here. “

“T’s bullshit. No’an puts up with all this. Why’r yah really doin’ this?”

[ ] Write-in
>> No. 85739
>>85738

[x] "You don't need a reason to help others."
>> No. 85747
[x] "You don't need a reason to help others."
>> No. 85748
[] "Because I am a ravenous youkai that likes to eat the livers of females."
[] "You don't need a reason to help others."
>> No. 85750
[x] "We never know the reasons. Even when we can think of a way to put it, the words are hollow & impotent. We never know the reasons. But even knowing that this is so, we continue care."
[x] "Human nature... some would call it."
>> No. 85752
[X] "You don't need a reason to help others."
[X] "So, just shut up and accept my good will."
>> No. 85753
[+] "You don't need a reason to help others."
[+] "So, just shut up and accept my good will."
>> No. 85755
[x] "Like you were saying it was an accident, no reason to cry over spilled milk."
[x] "Just chill"
>> No. 85757
[X] "You don't need a reason to help others."
[X] "So, just shut up and accept my good will."
>> No. 85795
[x] "You don't need a reason to help others."
[x] "So, just shut up and accept my good will."
>> No. 85813
File 124138116069.jpg - (178.09KB , 456x700 , 120770725331.jpg ) [iqdb]
85813
I’m tired of her being so suspicious of me. She might have grown to distrust people throughout her troubled life, but I haven’t done anything to warrant this. Enough is enough.

“You don’t need a reason to help someone. You just do it because it feels right. So just shut up and accept my good will.”

Mokou’s glare is knocked off her face as my words hit her in a verbal punch. She opens her mouth to speak, but is too stunned to say anything. Looks like I touched on something deep there. Compelled, I make a risky assumption and continue.

“And I bet you feel that way too, don’t you. You’re actually a very carrying person. Why else would you have tried to save me last night when you thought I was being attacked? You like people but can’t deal with them. Maybe you’ve just been alone to so long that you aren’t used to humans.”

She stares at me in silence, eyes wider now with surprise and worry. I’m onto something, and her guard is down.

“Stop it. Jus’…jus’ stop.” She nervously pleads.

No way.

“I’m right aren’t I? You’re always trying to help humans. Like if a little boy gets lost in the Bamboo Forest, you’ll guide him out. But you’re awkward around people and it doesn’t work out how you’d like. You should be thanked, but instead it backfires. The boys exaggerated what he saw, causing you be labeled as a Wraith and feared while people make horror stories about it. That legend Keine told me is about you isn’t it?”

“Stop!” she shouts at me. “You don’t know me. You…you don’t know what I’ve done antha shit that’s happened to me. Yeh got no right to try to get in mah head!”

But I won’t stop. Not now. It’s all or nothing.

“You are right: I don’t know you. But I know enough to know you are a good person and things should be better for you. They should be better for both of us. So you are going to stay here and we are going to get to know each other and figure out how to work all this out.

“Says who?” she jabs back incredulously.

“Says me, because you owe me now.”

“Eh? I owe you what?”

I look around the room, counting the items. “You owe me a new table, blanket, chair, and fire damage repairs. Now you can run off blinding into the night or somehow replace those items, OR you can stay and do something which is mutually beneficial.”

“What tha hell are you talking about? We got nothing to-”

“LISTEN,” I yell, starting to lose my cool. “I lost my job and am practically a village outcast now just because I’m not totally human. A little girl who is dear to me is trapped in an abusive household and I can’t do anything about it. A wonderful kind woman shared her heart and secrets with me, and now she might never want to see me again. I keep trying to do what’s right and somehow things just end up worse! So I’m stuck here alone without anyone who really understands. My world is falling apart, and I’ve got to fix it. And if you help, we can do the same for you.”

Mokou sits in silence for a moment, pondering my words. “You…you’re serious aren’t yah. About all this ‘helping each other’ stuff.”

“I am,” I reply seriously.

She laughs. “You are totally nuts.”

“I am. And so are you.” I can’t help but to smile.

“Heh, guess we aren’t so different after all.” She smiles back. A real smile, a true one that shines through the layers of distrust and rudeness she wore since I met her. It’s rather radiant. Mokou’s expression changes to one of approval with a sort of kindred trust in that we both have such messed up lives.

“Guess we got a lot to clean up…” she says after looking around at the damage she caused.

“We’ll do it tomorrow. Neither of us is in the right state to do it now.” Not when we are both tired and still half drunk.

“s’true. So what now?”

“Now we get some dry robes and you tell me more about yourself. I’ve been wondering…how’s it that you can navigate through the Bamboo Forest of the Lost?”

“Ah, well that’s a long one since I’ve been there a while. It’s my territory. Know it like tha back of my hand,” she says with pride. “The slope of the land makes it hard to navigate, but that’s not the real reason people lose their way. See I know this rabbit there; she’s dangerously clever but not too bad if you know how to deal with her. Anyways she put up this sort of…”


We end up talk for half the night in good spirits. No more arguments are fiery outbursts. Just two people with something in common. I suppose dealing with the burning table and losing most of the alcohol sobered us up a bit. Her company isn’t bad at all. In fact, I think I could really get used to it.

End of Moonlight Night 1 - From The Ashes


The sand continues to shift around you. The sky above remains still as the giant blank scrolls remain frozen in place. It won’t last forever though, and you know it. Yet there is a flicker of hope for something more than just maintaining this small world…hope for a greater Restoration. Such a reckless hope, but there it is.

At the same time, the yellow hourglass shines less brightly. There is little time left, as ironic as that statement sounds.

And all the while, you can’t shake the ominous feeling that you’ve drawn attention to yourself. Something you can’t quite detect desperately tries to catch a glimpse of you with curious eyes. A factor you can’t fully account for, distorting things…

A voice cries out. The distinct call of a(n)

[ ] Frightened child
[ ] Troubled girl
[ ] Panicked soldier
[ ] Tearful woman
[ ] Amused female
[ ] Elegant servant
>> No. 85815
[X] Frightened child
>> No. 85816
[X] Tearful woman
>> No. 85817
[X] Frightened child
>> No. 85818
[x] Frightened child

Marisa?

[ ] Troubled girl

Mokou?

[ ] Panicked soldier

Reisen

[ ] Tearful woman

Keine?

[ ] Amused female

Yukari

[ ] Elegant servant

Sakuya
>> No. 85819
>>[] Elegant servant
What does an "elegant servant" sound like?
>> No. 85820
[X] Frightened child
>> No. 85821
[X] Tearful woman
>> No. 85822
[x] Frightened child
>> No. 85823
[X] Frightened child
>> No. 85826
>>85819
Like Ran.
>> No. 85828
[X] Panicked soldier
>> No. 85835
[X] Frightened child
>> No. 85836
[ ] Panicked soldier
>> No. 85901
[X] Frightened child
>> No. 85940
[x] Frightened child
>> No. 85947
All right votes are counted. Unfortunately I have family coming in from all over for my sister's graduation, so I probably won't have a chance to write until this weekend. Til then.
>> No. 86627
File 124259907164.jpg - (32.47KB , 400x300 , Autumn-Leaves.jpg ) [iqdb]
86627
Brilliantly colored leaves drift rather slowly to the ground as if trying to suspend their flight for as long as possible. Crisp foliage and twigs snap under my feet with satisfying crunches as I make my way back to the store. The musty sick-sweet smell of stirred up pollen and dust hangs in the faintly chilled air by the forest. It’s getting colder, and autumn is passing by with such a blinding speed that I suspect the spirits aren’t even trying anymore. Every year it feels like Winter is working to push itself to start earlier, and Fall just lets it happen without a fight. I suppose it’s a better transition than the storms of oncoming Spring, but still such an imbalance makes the harvest difficult for everyone.

“Osu!” A female voice calls out as I emerge from the tree line by my home.

“Mokou I keep tell you only guys say that phrase.” Really, why does she keep using it?

“Yeah but I’m never gonna listen. You still trying to doll me up with these phrases and outfits and make-up stuff? It’s cute really, the way just keep trying effortlessly to make me girly, but I’ll pass. Just can’t get comfortable in them.” She raises her arms out in a fake apology and cocks her head to the side in amusement.

“I’m just trying to make you more…presentable to the village when you visit. If you refuse to wear the new clothes and perfume, at least start bathing regularly. It does not matter how you look to the villagers if you don’t clean yourself.”

“Eh I tried it, but that soap you gave me smelled funny.”

“It’s SUPPOSED to.”

“Ah…”Mokou trails off sheepishly before changing the subject. “So what’s with the wood? Something special for the shop or you just stocking up for winter?”

“I need to reinforce the window shutters and board them up if needed. Something is breaking into my store at night. Nearly all the sweets are gone and half my inventory was on the floor for the last few nights.”

“Heh it’s probably fairies. I had a problem with them at first, but they learned their lesson real quick.” Mokou grins maliciously and waves her fingers in an unsubtle hint of how she used her powers. “Things are different out here by the forest. Besides it’s your own fault what with leaving your windows open at night. And what’s with never locking your door? Thought you’d be smarter than that.”

Any joy in my voice drains away, but I don’t bother covering it up. “I just keep hoping Marisa appears. I wouldn’t want her to be locked out if she finally ran away.”

“Oh…” Mokou looks away and rubs the back of her head uncomfortably. “Anyways…uh…hey you got a plan about how to deal with that Keine lady?”

“None.” I reply ruefully. “Apparently after returning she locked herself inside her house for a week. I even tried to visit but without Keine’s influence the villagers barely acknowledge me, let alone trade. It felt a rather uncomfortable. Someone in the fields saw her leaving my house that morning, so they think that whatever happened to make Keine act that way has something to do with me. There are some wicked rumors going around.”

Mokou smirks. “Oh? Like what? They making you out to be a sinister youkai prowling around in the night, hunger hidden by a bored face and dumb glasses?”

“Hey the glasses are quite fashionable…or so I’m told. And no, I don’t think they are afraid of me attacking anyone. They are just making strange assumptions and I don’t like it.”

“Assumptions? So what you worried about being a father now?” A sudden chill passes over me.

“That’s not funny.”

“Nah but your face right now is priceless.”

My ‘priceless’ expression turns instantly to a scowl.

“Aww come on, cheer yourself up.” Her typical playful jabs carry a hint of aggravation now. “It’s been nearly a month. You gotta get over this. I mean from what you told me you barely even know each other and neither of yah were in your right minds when it happened. You two just had a crazy fuck up fling. It happens; no different than if you two were drunk.”

“Yeah thanks, that makes me feel so much better,” I say while rolling my eyes. “Why’d you stop by today anyways?”

“Eh? Ah well I caught some wild fowl and figured I’d show you how a real pros cooks them. Besides I’m out of the ci…cig… ciga-somethings I took when looking at those tiny liquid fire makers in the shop. You got more?”

“I think so, but I can’t just give them to you. You’ll have to earn them.”

“Feh, cheapskate. Fine I’ll earn them dad.” she says with sarcastic double meaning before walking up and taking some of the logs from my arm. “Come on, I’ll help you chop these.”

As she trots away towards the axe and cutting post, I can’t help but to smile. Despite her eccentric ways, Mokou really has helped during this ongoing isolation. Its strange having a woman who acts like a man visit, but the company is certainly better than nothing.

Hmm it’s getting late. Later I should probably…

[ ] Help cook
[ ] Reinforce window shutters
[ ] Set a trap for whoever is breaking in
[ ] Sort through the remaining junk pile for anything useful
[ ] Write-in
>> No. 86631
>As she trots away towards the axe and cutting post, I can’t help but to smile. Despite her eccentric ways, Mokou really has helped during this ongoing isolation. Its strange having a woman who acts like a man visit, but the company is certainly better than nothing.

Yeah, it's almost as if she's a substitute for Marisa or something.

>Ah well I caught some wild fowl and figured I’d show you how a real pros cooks them

If she's the one bringing the food to the table, the least you can do is help her prepare it.

[x] Help cook
[x] Set a trap for whoever is breaking in
-[x] Ask Mokou for help on this

Trap-setting however is likely not our best skill. Mokou is should be far better at it, having lived in the wild so long.
>> No. 86636
[X] Help cook

Marisa has been breaking in.
>> No. 86646
>>86636
Exactly why we need to catch her. She must have run away from home if she's coming here.

[x] Help cook
[x] Set a trap for whoever is breaking in, but make sure it wouldn't injure them
-[x] Ask Mokou for help
>> No. 86679
[x] Help cook
[x] Set a trap for whoever is breaking in, but make sure it wouldn't injure them
-[x] Ask Mokou for help
>> No. 86680
>>86646

I'm aware the trap would probably keep her in place, but I was more worried about her father going into her room and finding her not home.
>> No. 86681
>>86680

He then may believe she ran away from home and when she returns he'll knock (quite literally) the idea of trying that again out of her head. She can't just not go home. Notice how she never stays at that shop when she sneaks in at night? She isn't ready to run away, she's just building confidence at this point. Force her to get caught sneaking out at night and her father will beat the confidence out of her and shatter any chance she had of running away for good.

I may just be thinking too hard about this. I can't really explain my reasoning too well here because it's late and I can't think straight.
>> No. 86684
>>86680
>>86681

If it's so bad that she is making attempts to run away from home, then there's already cause to intervene and keep her away from him for as long as possible.

And that's if she hasn't run away. The cyclic pattern and the less than proximal location of the shop in respect to the village makes it more likely to me that she's living outdoors and coming by to steal food. If that's the case, then her very life is in danger, and we are obliged to move her somewhere safer, even if that has to be with an abusive father.

Now if he does think of us and makes a complaint (in fact, I expect he has already done so), then he has to go through Keine, who we want to see anyway. Keine can't do anything about it, not physically, now that her power is gone, and the immense shame she apparently feels should enable us to hide Marisa if she does come around for her or convince her to look the other way. Seeing as how she hasn't come to check up on Mokou, there's no moral high ground for her to take here. And since Mokou will be here as well, we can say we've taken them on as apprentices, or merely state what is essentially the truth, that we're running an orphanage.
>> No. 86696
>she's living outdoors and coming by to steal food.

I don't think that's what is happening. If ran away and was living outdoors, I'm sure her father would have come around and said something by now. What I'm trying to get at is that she is sneaking out at night, getting away with it, and thinking "I'm really good at this, no one ever catches me." Eventually her father will do something that will make her think "I will just sneak out tonight and never come back."

She would have ran off on her own and not have had to solely depend on Kourin to hide her. Marisa needs to learn to be independent if she is to become her normal self. A needy, dependent person can't live in a forest full of monsters by herself.
>> No. 86697
File 124267138373.jpg - (335.27KB , 1090x728 , mokou finger licking good.jpg ) [iqdb]
86697
Your story discussion warms my heart and motivates me into another update!
------------

Later I should probably set up a trap for whoever my night time guest is. As for the other guest…

“Hey Mokou, you mind teaching some of that ‘amazing cooking skill’ tonight?”

Her long fog colored hair swishes to the side as she turns her head over her shoulder and grins. “I can try, but you’re a thousand years too young to grasp my mastery!”

===

This isn’t quite what I had in mind.

“Ah come on, someone has to de-feather them. Might as well be you.” Mokou offhandedly declares as she stirs some sweet smelling mixture in a pot.

“And why is that?”

“Cuz I don’t wanna.” She says with a laugh. “Besides, this sauce has to be juuuuust right…” The master trails off as she slowly pours in another ingredient to the concoction.

The time passes quickly as we continue to banter back and forth. I don’t even get to touch the grill when we are finally ready to cook, and must resort to watching from the side. Regardless, it’s a rather impressive sight. Mokou’s hands hover over the top of the meat, producing a steady ray of heat from the thin flame dancing in her palms while the grill cooks the lower half of the birds. Amazing, she is cooking them like an oven while on a grill. A thousand years isn’t enough, I doubt I could ever do that!

“Probably not. My yakitori is one of a kind after all,” Mokou proclaims with playful yet arrogant grin

===

The red-orange horizon matches the autumn mountain foliage as the sun slowly drifts behind it. Hmm I should probably get started before we run out of light. Grabbing one last stick of what has to be the greatest chicken I have ever tasted, my thoughts turn towards tonight’s project.

“Say Mokou, how do you catch animals in the forest anyways? Do you use traps?”

“A few. Most of the time I can sneak up on them. Occasionally I’ll have to drop a ring of flame around a beast to suffocate it, but I hate doing that. Besides its hard since it’s not like I can fully control the fire; just make it and give suggestions.”

“Yeah I remember” I mutter, looking at the still blackened spot on the kitchen ceiling. “So you do know traps then? I was wondering if you’d help me out tonight. I want to set up something for whoever is breaking in.”

She raises an eyebrow. “Gonna catch and make ‘em pay you back? You really are stingy. Pretty sure fairies don’t have money.”

“It’s not like that.” Jez, what does she take me for? “I just want to find out who is doing this. I don’t want to hurt them, just want it to stop.”

“Ah, well if you just want to snag one I’m sure we can make something. You got enough boards and rope around to make something tricky. But the trap itself is only half the job. Where do you want to put it?”

Hmm, I hadn’t thought about that.

[ ] Leave only one window open, making it close when the intruder enters.
[ ] Baited trap in the room, leave everything else looking normal.
[ ] Board up the windows, make them use a trap on the front door.
[ ] Write-in
>> No. 86698
[X] Baited trap in the room, leave everything else looking normal.
>> No. 86699
[x] Baited trap in the room, leave everything else looking normal.
>> No. 86700
[X] Baited trap in the room, leave everything else looking normal.

Feels like the safest option.
>> No. 86707
[X] Baited trap in the room, leave everything else looking normal.
>> No. 86708
>If ran away and was living outdoors, I'm sure her father would have come around and said something by now.

Right. Like he did initially, rather than browbeating Keine into resolving the issue for him?

No, abusive parents don't work that way. You see, it's not that they care their child is gone, it's that they care about looking shamed and embarrassed by the community.

>What I'm trying to get at is that she is sneaking out at night, getting away with it, and thinking "I'm really good at this, no one ever catches me." Eventually her father will do something that will make her think "I will just sneak out tonight and never come back."

I know what you're trying to get at. It just doesn't make any sense. She wants to be found, by you. Why in blazes would she come here of all places, when not only is the night journey dangerous, where she'd be most expected to be found?

>A needy, dependent person can't live in a forest full of monsters by herself.

Why does she need to live alone in a forest of monsters? We've already fucked with continuity. The paths to learning magic are as variated as the people who wield them--look at Patchouli. Who's to say she won't grow up into a strong magician regardless of her family situation? Who's to say she won't be happier this way?

Yukari, yes. But Yukari is out to amuse herself. What was the purpose of her visit? Your good interests? Or her entertainment? She even tried to bar Keine from entering your life, but it seems our own actions have alienated her more than ever.

No, I won't in good faith allow that treacherous woman, the monstrous father, or any other tyrant to make her decisions for her. If she decides it would be better to keep doing whatever it is she's doing, even after being explained the risks and consequences, then that's her prerogative. But she deserves assurance that there is sanctuary if ever she needs it.

[X] Baited trap in the room, leave everything else looking normal.
>> No. 86717
If Marisa ends up dead because of her abusive father, however, i vote we go rip him a new one in whatever way we can.

Besides, i doubt this is Marisa. I'm guessing maybe someone like Rumia, Cirno or the three fairies. Marisa, if she could get in to us, i doubt would be so eager to leave again anyway.
>> No. 86720
>>86717

Don't underestimate the pride of a little girl. She's likely every bit as pigheaded as her old man.

She probably said that she would "live all by herself" and yet the reality is she's forced to steal food to survive. It's easy to see how this lead to her becoming the unashamed thieving black-white as a result.
>> No. 86818
[x] Baited trap in the room, leave everything else looking normal.
>> No. 87284
File 12433079354.jpg - (30.47KB , 300x225 , itsatrap.jpg ) [iqdb]
87284
“Perhaps if we place some bait in the room and set a trap we could catch it?” I suggest uncertainly.

Mokou shrugs. “Might as well. No telling how big the catch will be, but only something really dumb is going to fall for something like that. Tell you what though, I’ll add something just in case your little thief isn’t totally an idiot.” She stops to look around the room. “Yeah…this will work. Hey grab me that cage and a net…”

===

It took about two hours make create, yet the results were…well it’s not what I expected. A simple cage with a typical weight activated, spring loaded door lays seemingly harmlessly upon the counter of my store. A plate of Mokou’s takitori and some sweets lay pristinely inside.

“It seems a bit simple don’t you think? Are we trying to catch a cat now? I mean it seems rather easy to disarm.”

“Heh, I’m counting on it. You’ll see.” Mokou yawns. “Anyways, I’m beat so I’m gonna crash here tonight. If anything does set off the trap, we’ll know. Gnight,” she says sleepily as she makes her way to the guest room.

“Good night, Mokou.”

===

Dreams. Glowing mounds of sand pulsating with life amongst the darkness. Trickling beneath===

*FWAP* *THUMP*

“Waah!” A high pitched cry of surprise echoes through the house. I bolt from the futon, still dazed from being startled awake. What the heck is going on? Oh…the trap! A thumping down the hallway tells me that Mokou has beaten me to the site. I best hurry.

“Oh you’ve GOT to be kidding me.” She yells from the front of the store.

By the time I arrive, Mokou has already lit the lanterns enough to see properly and is kneeling in front of a strange sight. Pinned down on the floor next to my counter is a small figure in blue, thrashing frantically within the snakelike grip of the net which Mokou hung on the ceiling above the decoy trap. The simple bait loaded cage sits seemingly untouched, except for the stick now protruding from the now partially closed trapdoor. Looks like it worked all right.

“Oi, what are you doing here you little brat? You not learn your lesson before at my place?”

“Ah! It’s the fire monster! Nooooo I don’t want to melt I don’t want to die help me!” The figure pleads in a terrified child’s voice. Something about this scene feels wrong. A child voice? I couldn’t be…no it’s not her. What is this?

“Mokou, what’s going on? Do you know her?”

“Yep. This one is a real trouble maker. Figures it would be her, what with Winter being so close. She’s a regular in the other forest. An ice fairy named Shino or something-“

“CIRNO! MY NAME IS CIRNO!” The bound child, er fairy, yells defiantly with irritation.

“Ah that’s right. Cirno the Dumbest~” Mokou taunts.

“Eye’m the Strongest!” She girl declares with a ridiculous amount of bravado considering she is still pinned to the floor.

“Ooooh you are, are you?” Mokou shows her teeth and holds up a fiery hand.

“eeeeeee I’m sorry I’m sorry help me mister help me!” The fairy squirms more.

“Eh? Why should he help you? You’ve been the one stealing from him right? In the human world, we pay people for what we take. Guess you’ll have to pay with your life…”

“Noooooooooo” Cirno cries in a defeated huddle as the flames in Mokou’s grip move closer. This is ridiculous.

“Woah woah, let’s not get carried away Mokou. I just want to speak with her for a bit.”

Mokou grins and looks back to the prisoner. “You’re lucky, kiddo. This guy has a heart of gold. But your living on borrowed time, so you better behave or you’ll be a puddle before you reach the window, you got that?”

“Yes!” Cirno replies immediately in a high pitched squeak.

The moment Mokou pulls off the net, the large fairy bolts away from her. Before I realize it, there is very cold sensation behind me, like I was laying in snow. The blue haired fair peers around my left side and blows a raspberry at Mokou while still clinging to my robe. The fire in Mokou’s palm instantly roars up into a menacing inferno. Cirno yelps and darts behind me again, shaking slightly.

Mokou grins and gives me a wink. Wait a wink? Was she playing ‘good cop – bad cop’ the whole time? Let me know what you are planning next time, girl! It’s sort of insulting that you knew exactly what I’d do…

“I’ll make some tea,” my partner in crime announces and leaves the room. The fairy, no taller than Marisa, looks at me with watery upturned eyes and continues to tremble.

[ ] “Hurry up and go! This is your chance to escape!”
[ ] “It’s alright, you’ll be fine. But I would actually like to ask you a few questions.”
>> No. 87285
>>87284

[x] “It’s alright, you’ll be fine. But I would actually like to ask you a few questions.”
-[x] "For one, why are you breaking into my shop?"
>> No. 87286
Oh, I forgot to add the 'write-a-question' part for the second option. Thanks Anon.
>> No. 87287
[X] “It’s alright, you’ll be fine. But I would actually like to ask you a few questions.”
-[X] "For one, why are you breaking into my shop?"
>> No. 87288
[X] “It’s alright, you’ll be fine. But I would actually like to ask you a few questions.”
-[X] "For one, why are you breaking into my shop?"
>> No. 87289
[x] How curious, this fairy. Treat her as you would a customer and hope that when the time comes, she'll live up to the expectations you've set for her.
[x] “It’s alright, just answer my questions and you should be fine.”
-[x] "First though, introductions. I'm Rinnosuke Morichika, the owner of this store, Kourindou. The tempestuous lady brewing tea in my kitchen is Mokou of Fujiwara; she's an acquaintance of mine who happens to be well versed in making traps, setting things on fire, and other things I'm sure she could fill you in on."
-[x] "You are an ice fairy, I presume, Cirno? It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Never before has this humble store been blessed with the patronage of a fairy. In this way, you here are sort of a representative of your fellow fairies. Of course, this would be both something of an honor and a responsibility for you, as the words you and actions you take now set the tone for all future relations between your kind and this store."
-[x] "Usually I prefer my customers come in during they daytime, so that they're not accidentally misidentified as thieves, but being that this is an historic event however, I'm sure we can let that slide."
-[x] Whisper loudly to Cirno in a mock conspiratorial manner: "Mokou is also less likely to be setting things on fire during store hours. The night makes her kind of jumpy."
-[x] "Anyway, as you can see, this a mostly a curio shop; we have a large selection of items that come from the Outside. Prices are negotiable, and so are trades are accepted on a case-by-case basis. We are also always looking for mysterious junk, so if you or your friends find anything interesting, we may be able to find some way to recompense you for your services."
-[x] "Perhaps more important is that I possess a singular ability to know intuitively what most of this Outsider stuff does, even if not exactly the how or the why. So if you have questions about anything, I would likely be the first who you could go to for an answer."
[x] "Looking, browsing, and conversation is of course free of charge. The shop is open to all, provided that patrons do not break the rules. The rules are: 1. No fighting. 2. No stealing. 3. If you break something, you have to replace it. 4. Only enter and exit the shop through the front door. 5. Only enter the shop during normal business hours."
-[x] "Now it comes to my attention as shopkeeper, that when a person--a fairy, a youkai, or a human--enters my shop in the middle of the night, repeatedly, that they are perhaps looking for something in particular. Are you looking for something in particular, Cirno? If I don't have an item in stock, I can tell you so, or I can at least hold onto it for you if I acquire said item at some in the future."
-[x] The above allowing of course, Mokou's elaborations, veiled threats, and other such chicanery.
>> No. 87290
[x] Ruffle her hair, calm her down.
[x] “It’s alright, you’ll be fine. But I would actually like to ask you a few questions.”
-[x] "For one, why are you breaking into my shop?"

That's a hueg write-in.
>> No. 87291
[X] “It’s alright, you’ll be fine. But I would actually like to ask you a few questions.”
-[X] "For one, why are you breaking into my shop?"
>> No. 87293
[X] “It’s alright, you’ll be fine. But I would actually like to ask you a few questions.”
-[X] "For one, why are you breaking into my shop?"

>>87289

Good lord, let the author write the story!
>> No. 87295
[X] “It’s alright, you’ll be fine. But I would actually like to ask you a few questions.”
-[X] "For one, why are you breaking into my shop?"
>> No. 87303
[z] “It’s alright, you’ll be fine. But I would actually like to ask you a few questions.”
-[e] "For one, why are you breaking into my shop?"

>>87289
Damn, man. Overkill.
>> No. 87375
File 124337238217.jpg - (127.40KB , 500x500 , 122097694757.jpg ) [iqdb]
87375
This fairy, she is just too much like a child. How could I be angry with her? Now that I have a chance to look at her I realize that she could easily pass off for a young human, were it not for the hovering mist and spikes of ice on her back. How strange, do fairies usually get this big? All the ones I’ve seen could easily fit in my hand.

Her deep blue eyes nervously wander back and forth from me to the kitchen.

“It’s alright, you’ll be fine.” I reassure her with a gentle pat to the head, but almost pull back my hand in surprise. The crisp blue hair snaps like frost covered grass at the touch and turns my fingers numb. She giggles a little and smiles, but doesn’t let go for my robe. Seems like she is still pretty scared and I’m the only thing protecting her from certain doom.

“But I would like to ask you a few questions.”

She frowns, but nods and makes a confirming “mmm” sound.

“Have you been taking things from this house lately?”

She nods again. “Mmhmm.”

That sort of throws me off. She’s so honest about it, like she doesn’t think she did anything wrong. “Are you going to pay for them?”

But now she gives a sort of confused look, like I’m speaking a different language. “I don’t understand” she says meekly.

“Don’t bother, Rinnosuke. Fairies don’t think like humans.” Mokou walks back to the counter with 3 mugs, only two with steam rising from them. “Got no sense of personal ownership. They’re spirits of nature, so nature provides them with what they need. So this kid doesn’t really understand the concept of stealing because to her everything in the world is shared.”

The fairy glares at Mokou and quickly snatches a cup from the tray. She examines it inquisitively, sticking her finger inside to check for…something. Finally she sips it.

“Its sugar water,” Mokou explains before I can ask. “So you ready to really answer some questions?” The fairy glances at me with worry, obviously puzzled by the whole situation. “I’d do it now, Rinnosuke. Fairies aren’t exactly known for their attention spans.”

“Why were you taking things from my shop?” I ask the child with a neutral but strong tone.

“Treasure hunting.” She replies matter-of-factly. “I want to find something shiny to give to Letty when she comes back.”

Mokou’s hand smacks into her forehead as she sighs. “I swear, they never learn.”

“Do too! I’ve learned lots of things! Like…like how to count and stuff!” Cirno turns to Mokou yells indignantly.

“Feh, can you now? To how much? 10? Can you even count to ten?”

“…I almost can.” The blue girl admits with defeat. “But I can do stuff that other fairies can’t like talk and-“

“Yeah yeah, I know. Listen I’m going to make it very clear to you. If you or your friends take anything else from here without Rinnosuke here knowing, I’m going to get mad. Do you want that?”

“NO!” Cirno squeeks and ducks behind me again, pressing her small body against my back. The chilling sensation penetrates my clothes, causing my hairs to stand on their end.

“Good, now apologize to Mr. Morichika.” Mokou suggests, somewhat satisfied.

The fairy child hesitates for a moment, probably not wanting to give up the protective wall I create. Finally she jumps away and while hovering in air gives a low bow. “Eye’m sorry!” she cries out with her face still directed at the floor. The strange icicles floating on her back twitch back and forth nervously. Well I guess that’s good enough, she seems rather honest. Still she did tear through a lot of my stock. Something shiny huh? With a yawn I check the wind-up clock on the counter. It’s rather late at night. Do fairies even stay up this late? Is she nocturnal or something?

[ ] Dismiss the fairy. Go to bed.
[ ] Dismiss the fairy. Talk to Mokou.
[ ] Talk to the fairy.
- [ ] Write-in question
- [ ] Write-in offer.
>> No. 87381
[x] Dismiss the fairy. Go to bed.
>> No. 87393
[x] Talk to the fairy.
- [x] Who's Letty?
- [x] What kind of 'treasure' do you think she will like?
>> No. 87395
[X] Talk to the fairy.
- [X] Who's Letty?
- [X] What kind of 'treasure' do you think she will like?

I get the feeling this could be the start of a somewhat mutually beneficial relationship.
>> No. 87396
[X] Talk to the fairy.
- [X] Who's Letty?
- [X] What kind of 'treasure' do you think she will like?
>> No. 87400
[x] Apology accepted.
[x] Talk to the fairy.
- [x] Who's Letty?
- [x] What kind of 'treasure' do you think she will like?

Weak against Cirno.
>> No. 87423
[d] Apology accepted.
[a] Talk to the fairy.
- [z] Who's Letty?
- [e] What kind of 'treasure' do you think she will like?

ahydkufkgygktdejyrejsrdsjh ⑨
>> No. 87428
[x] Talk to the fairy.
- [x] Who's Letty?
- [x] What kind of 'treasure' do you think she will like?

Critically weak.
>> No. 87435
Well after more months than I care to count, we've hit auto-sage. Updating with new thread soon.
>> No. 87503
>>87435

hooray!