[Return]
Archived thread

File 122704383066.jpg - (153.65KB , 1000x750 , f6efb693415b6180215a4462f9bb5756.jpg ) [iqdb]
68207 No. 68207
"Can I ..." You start, not taking your eyes away from Yuka. "Can I talk to her alone?"
"Huh?" Okuu says, stepping forwards. "That's a bad idea."
Satori just looks at you in surprise. "I don't know if that'll work, but you're welcome to it." She says, turning on her heel and nodding to Okuu and Orin.
"Yeah, go on, fuck off." Yuka glares after Satori. Orin glances between you and Yuka, obviously concerned while Okuu just fusses over Satori.
You nod to Orin, letting her know this is what you want.

You do want this, don't you? You're following a gut instinct, something you haven't really listened to before. This is about you and Yuka, right?

Orin leaves the room, catching up with Satori outside. You can hear their footsteps recede down the pathway.
"So." Yuka grunts. "You got it at last."
You turn back to her. She seems to relax without anyone else in the room, slumping down in her chains, letting her eyelids droop. She must really be feeling all that pain.
"S-sorry?" You ask, gulping. This was your decision, but you're still scared enough to shake a little.
"Just you and me ... " Yuka trails off. "S'been too long Yukari." She mumbles, blinking and shaking her head a little.
"I ... I'm not-"
"Shhhh." Yuka closes her eyes. "Just ... shut up." She says, voice softer than you've heard before. She's tired, dazed. Maybe ... maybe you can take advantage of this. You wipe your sweaty hands on your trousers, trying to calm your nerves.

"Y-yuka, why did you fight Renko?"
Her gaze snaps back up to you, sudden movement rattling the chains.
"To show you, you're not hers. You shouldn't be anybody's, Yukari was too strong to belong to anyone." She slurs her words, swallowing, head wavering before slumping down again.
"Why did you do all of this though? You're just .... hurting me." You say, not that you expect her to care, but you can't put it any better than that, words fail you.
"To ..." Yuka pauses, frowning at the floor. "To make you again, like you made me ..." She trails off, then sniffs.

"I miss you Yukari." Yuka says, voice barely above a whisper.

"Wh-what?"
"Shut up." Yuka says, voice hard again. "You're not ... you're-" She sniffs again, spitting more bloody mucus onto the floor at her feet. "I miss you." She mumbles.
This may very well be the most awkward moment of your life. You have a vague idea of what Yuka is trying to say but the concept repulses and confuses you so much that you actually take a step back from her.
Hanging there in chains, battered and split open, is she a monster? An animal? What? What is this she's trying to express? What was Yukari to her?
"Yukari." She murmurs, raising her head and staring at you. "Don't ... don't stop me trying ..." She pauses, eyes clouded and unfocused. "Are you ... are you there Yukari?"

She just blinks, trying to move her hand towards you. The chains hold her in place, but she doesn't even bother straining against them.

Yuka just stares at you.

[ ] "I'm here."
[ ] "I am not Yukari."
[ ] Just leave her here, you can't deal with this.

>> No. 68208
[x] "I am not Yukari."
>> No. 68210
>>68208
[x] But take her hand nonetheless.

Oh Yuka.
>> No. 68211
[x] "I'm here."

This could be fun.
>> No. 68212
[X] "Yukari's not here. Would you like to leave a message?"
>> No. 68213
File 122704424243.jpg - (600.27KB , 800x996 , 457829865.jpg ) [iqdb]
68213
Mind = blown.

[x] "I am not Yukari."
>> No. 68214
[x] "I am not Yukari. Or maybe I am. I'm not sure of anything anymore."
>> No. 68215
[ ] "She told me she isn't, does that make sense?"

I don't wanna say yes because we were told otherwise, but I don't want to say no.
>> No. 68217
[x] "I am not Yukari."
[x] But take her hand nonetheless.
>> No. 68220
>>68218
>[x] "She's gone.

Somehow I don't think she'd take that too well.
>> No. 68221
>>68220

Not a lot of people do.
>> No. 68223
{X} "I am not Yukari."
>> No. 68224
[x] "I am not Yukari."
[x] But take her hand nonetheless.

We can't leave Yuka with nothing but ashes.
>> No. 68227
[X] "I am not Yukari."
[X] But take her hand nonetheless.

Yuuka~
>> No. 68229
[ ] "I'm here."
[X] Take her hand.

Ebokari end is the best end.
>> No. 68230
>>68211

Indeed.
[X] "I'm here."
>> No. 68231
[ ] "I'm here."
[X] Take her hand.

vote change

I hope this is an actual decision if we get to BE Yukari and not just lying to Yuka
>> No. 68234
[x]"I'm here."
[x]Take her hand.

>>68233 knows what he is talking about. Yukari DID pass herself onto Ebolanon, if not her personality, then at least her knowledge and powers. That is a fundamental part of any being.
>> No. 68236
[x] "I am not Yukari."
[x] But take her hand nonetheless.
>> No. 68238
>>68233
>>"Self-preservation." Satori says without pause. "But not in the sense of a mortal being, fleeing death. Yukari has nothing to fear from death, but she has everything to fear from the loss of her power. That is the one thing I truly understood about her."

>>"But Yukari is gone." Satori continues. "You would do well to think of her no more, her place in this is over, her place in Gensokyo, in the world, is over." Satori speaks softly, with reverence, but without sorrow.
>> No. 68241
[x]"I'm here."

And then, Ebolanon took Yukari's place on Gensokyo and finally received a name.
>> No. 68242
>>68238
You assume Satori acts and speaks without any motive of her own. It could very well be that she told us this to help ensure Yukari does not come back.
>> No. 68243
>>68242

Normally I'd just tell you to go fuck yourself, no one says Satori is not trustworthy in front of me. But you do have a point, and she did face Yukari on SA.

[X]"I'm here."

Angry Satori must be moe too~
>> No. 68244
>>68241
>And then, Ebolanon took Yukari's place on Gensokyo and finally received a name.

That's nice...
>> No. 68245
You know, if you say we're Yukari, and it later turns out that she really is gone for good, Yuuka is going to be pissed.
>> No. 68246
[X]"I'm here".

Why the fuck not? Maybe this way Yuka will be more friendly towards Ebolanon.
>> No. 68247
>>68245

Then we better really become Yukari. That shouldn't be too tough, once Ebolanon learns how to control reality...
>> No. 68248
[X]"I'm here"

Because fucking up with Yuka is fun. Once she realises what she did, it's gonna be so fun~
>> No. 68250
File 122704780688.jpg - (31.60KB , 500x281 , simon.jpg ) [iqdb]
68250
“I am not Yukari. Yukari is dead. She's no longer here. However, in my mind, and in my dreams, she continues to live on! Gapping a boundary to split the universe!”

It had to be done.
>> No. 68252
File 122704790650.jpg - (924.92KB , 1000x1000 , 32887501.jpg ) [iqdb]
68252
>>68242
No, I'd thought of that, but if we have Satori on the one side who doesn't want Yukari's return, and Yuka on the other side who does, I'd side with Satori. In other words, I'm anti-Ebolakari.
>> No. 68253
>>68247

Because it's totally impossible for Yuuka to figure out that we're talking out our ass at the moment long before we've reached that level of power.

Actually, this whole scene is reminding me of that choice toward the end of SDM LA where we were given the opportunity to either accept or reject Mima's offer, and accepting would have given us a spectacularly lousy and unfulfilling end.
>> No. 68254
>>68253

Vut we do have power now. And I'm sure she can wait. And she already thinks Ebolanon is Yukari deep down.
>> No. 68256
>>68254
>Vut

That's supposed to be a 'But'.
>> No. 68257
Note to self: Abstain from voting when there are [x] Ruffle or [x] Be badass options.
>> No. 68258
>>68254

We don't have anywhere near that much power. We can barely pull off the usage of a single gap for even a few seconds, and there's no guarantee that we'll ever be able to match Yukari's full strength. For that matter, there's no guarantee that enough of Yukari's personality is left to salvage. I prefer to act on the things I'm most certain of, thank you very much.

The fact that Yuuka thinks we're still Yukari deep down might only make the situation worse if we're not, which is quite possible, and indeed certain if Satori wasn't lying. That'll just make Yuuka angrier when she realizes we were lying about being Yukari. Then we're fucked.
>> No. 68259
>>68258
>We don't have anywhere near that much power.

Ebolanon just needs to learn how to use it~. Just wait and you'll see how powerful she can become.

>That'll just make Yuuka angrier when she realizes we were lying about being Yukari. Then we're fucked.

Then we will just have to beat the crap out of her again. Yes, Renko was wounded, but so was Yuka. She lost once, she can lose again.
>> No. 68260
>>68259
>Ebolanon just needs to learn how to use it~. Just wait and you'll see how powerful she can become.

I reiterate: there is absolutely no guarantee of any sort that we can ever match Yukari's full strength. Absolutely none. To assume otherwise is foolhardy and extremely dangerous.

>Then we will just have to beat the crap out of her again. Yes, Renko was wounded, but so was Yuka. She lost once, she can lose again.

Oh yeah, Renko totally did that without any trouble at all. It's not like she was forced to outright cheat to win the duel, bu violating the very rules she agreed to. Get real. If Yuuka didn't bother holding back, she would have obliterated Renko in seconds.
>> No. 68261
>>68259

Enjoying your delusions of spiral power?
>> No. 68262
>>68261

A bit, yeah.
>> No. 68264
>>68260

And what about what Satori said earlier?

>Satori pauses and raises an eyebrow at Yuka. "Making her swear to something would be a worthwhile precaution."
>"She lost." Satori says. "That means ... rather a lot to her. Make a deal with her, some kind of agreement. It might be useful."

Why did '[X] Make her swear to never harm you or the others again.' lose?\ Why can't we make her swear now?
>> No. 68266
Okay, eating then writing happens.
>> No. 68267
File 122704977044.jpg - (512.04KB , 900x900 , 21834596.jpg ) [iqdb]
68267
>>68260
Good luck arguing with anon when he's being tempted with power, even when achieving it is either impossible or will almost certainly lead to a bad end.
>> No. 68271
Fully "becoming" Yukari should technically be a non-standard Game Over, because we're playing as Ebolanon, and if she were completely absorbed by Yukari's personality then she would cease to exist, effectively dying in the most real sense around.
>> No. 68272
>>68266
Surprise me. This time, I'm really dying to see how things will turn out.
>> No. 68273
>>68271

I don't think Ebolanon can fully become Yukari. It looks like only her power was transfered over to Ebolanon, not her memories or personality. Her familiarity with Ran probably stems from Yukari's control over her. Notice how Ebolanon didn't recognize Yuka, yet Yuka apparently was quite close to Yukari.
>> No. 68274
[x] "I am not Yukari."
[x] But take her hand nonetheless.
>> No. 68277
>Fully "becoming" Yukari

...Is most likely not even possible anymore, unless it's in the "Emiya Shirou turns his mind to steel and becomes Kiritsugu" sense. Even the little Yukari inside of her head admitted she was "never really there." or something like that.
>> No. 68278
[X]\"I\'m here\"
[X] Take her hand
[X] \"Now promise me you will never hurt me again, or those who ally with me.\"

Then, we eat her heart.
>> No. 68279
[X] "I am not Yukari."
[X] But take her hand nonetheless.

I do hope he hasn't counted the votes yet.
>> No. 68280
[X] "I am not Yukari."
[X] But take her hand nonetheless.

Ebolanon isn't and won't be Yukari.

She will be better.
>> No. 68281
>>68279
[x] Recount votes
>> No. 68282
>>68279

Considering he said he's gonna start writing, I think he did.
>> No. 68285
[X]"I'm here"

I really want some Yuka loev.
>> No. 68286
[X] "I am not Yukari."
[X] "But I'm here."
>> No. 68287
>[X]"I'm here...NOT"

Hahaha, kidding.

[X]"I'm here"
[X]Take her hand
[X]"Now promise me you will never hurt me again, or those who ally with me."
>> No. 68288
[x] "I am not Yukari."
[x] Take her hand nonetheless
>> No. 68289
>>68278

I smell a proxy.
>> No. 68290
>>68282

I've got some hope. As much as I love Yuuka, the last time a pro-Yuuka option won it was just one guy vote-spamming and the win was overturned.
>> No. 68292
[X]"I'm here"
[X]Take her hand
>> No. 68293
>"Now promise me you will never hurt me again, or those who ally with me."

Yuka wouldn't make such a promise. She does love to fight after all and that would be taking that away from her.
>> No. 68294
[X] "I am not Yukari."
[X] But take her hand nonetheless.
>> No. 68296
[X] "I am not Yukari."
>> No. 68298
[x] "I am not Yukari."

Do you really think we're ready to live up to Yukari's name and face full gap consquences?
>> No. 68302
Got seven minuted there, finally writing now.
>> No. 68304
>>68302

Hooray!

I wonder what won?
>> No. 68306
>>68298

Oh god, stop that, it's making me laugh.
>> No. 68307
>>68298
That's just horrible.
>> No. 68308
>>68304
Are you the same one that always give the "Hooray" response when HY is writing?
I've been wondering if it's the same one all the time...
>> No. 68310
>>68306
>>68307
Oh, come on, we're waiting for HY, it's just a stopgap.
>> No. 68311
>>68308

Nope. This is the first time I've used that reply.
>> No. 68313
"I am not Yukari." The words spill from you, you don't even have to think about them. You're not Yukari, you never were, she was another person, a person lying in a coma, slowly dying. You're someone else.
Yuka draw her lips back, scrunching her eyes up and letting out a strangled, dry sob. Just once, then she holds it, grimacing at the floor.
"Yuka ... I-"
"Go away." She says.
You can't look away from her. This monster, so full of power and energy, she looks like an abandoned child right now. You take a step forward, swallowing hard and clenching your fists so tightly that the fingernails dig into your palms. You have to do this, Yuka will get out eventually so you have to do this now, you have to show her this, you have to at least try, for the sake of your safety, and Renko's too.

Yuka looks up at you as you step up to her. Her eyes widen a little with some kind of recognition, her mouth hanging open.
Uncurling your fingers, you reach out to take her hand. She doesn't offer any resistance, just watching you. Her hand is sticky with blood and sweat, but it slips over yours in an instant. Yuka grips your hand, holds you like you'll vanish if she lets go, almost tight enough to hurt. She lets out a long, shuddering breath, looking away from you, blinking.
"I'm not Yukari." You repeat. "But ... I'm here."
Yuka swallows, nodding her head as she tries to stay upright in the chains.
"I never ... " She gulps, trying to keep her voice steady. "I never stopped, see, Yukari?"
You close your eyes and repeat again. "I'm not Yukari."
"I don't care." She says, speaking through her teeth. "You are, you are Yukari, shut up!"
Yuka hangs her head, but you can see tears forming. It looks so unnatural, liquid tinted red by her obscene eyes. She sniffs, choking it back again.
"I never stopped, see? I came after you again, I brought you back here. I tried to make you again." She mumbles. "I didn't ..." She trails off.
"I'm not Yukari." You repeat, fingers twitching as you expect Yuka to just crush your hand in her grip.

She sighs, heaving her bulk in the chains, suddenly slamming her head back against the wall with a sickening crunch.
"I know!" She roars. "I fucking know!" She sobs once more, then holds it again, eyes closed as she slumps back down, held up only by the chains.

You stay like that for a long time, afraid to let go of her hand, afraid to move or say anything. Eventually, Yuka stirs, looking up at you.
"It doesn't matter." She mumbles. "I don't care what you say, you're Yukari ... if," she shakes her head, trying to clear her senses. "If you've chosen to change then okay, I won't get in your way anymore, but you need me now, you can't ignore me again. Cut me loose."
"Why do I need you?" You manage to ask.
"Because you're weak!" Yuka strains towards you. "You think you can stop what's happening here? You can't do bullshit, you died and came back and you're fucking weak! You need me this time!" Yuka holds her snarl for a second, then looks down. "Cut me loose, I won't try to force it anymore. You have your reasons." She spits onto the floor again.

[ ] Unchain Yuka, let her down.
[ ] No, leave her here, go find Ran, Yuka needs to be contained properly, somehow.
>> No. 68315
>>68311

Wow, it's like talkinbg to a caveman. Everybody around here should use it at least once.
>> No. 68317
[Z] Unchain Yuka, let her down.
>> No. 68318
[X] Unchain Yuka, let her down.

For obvious reasons.

[X] Hug her.

Because she needs it.
>> No. 68319
[ ] Unchain Yuka, let her down.
>> No. 68320
[x] Unchain Yuka, let her down.
>> No. 68321
[X] Unchain Yuka, let her down.
[X] Hug her.

Changing vote, because everybody gets one.
>> No. 68323
[x] Unchain Yuka, let her down.
>> No. 68325
[x] Unchain Yuka, let her down.
>> No. 68326
[x] Unchain Yuka, let her down.
>> No. 68327
[x] Unchain Yuka, let her down.
>> No. 68328
File 122705712137.jpg - (117.87KB , 1024x576 , 1226094467240.jpg ) [iqdb]
68328
>Unchain Yuka, let her down.

Awesome
>> No. 68330
[X] Unchain Yuka, let her down.

Aw~. Now it's time.
>> No. 68331
[X] Unchain Yuka, let her down.
[X] Hug her.
>> No. 68337
[x] Unchain Yuka, let her down.

Hugging her might give her the wrong impression, for now. Of course, she wanted to be moved outside ...
>> No. 68338
[x] Unchain Yuka, let her down.
>> No. 68339
Back tomorrow!
>> No. 68340
HUG HER YOU FAGGOTS.
>> No. 68341
>>68340

No

[X] Unchain Yuka, let her down.
>> No. 68344
>>68340
Get back to work.
>> No. 68345
[X] Unchain Yuka, let her down.
[X] Hug her.
>> No. 68351
[X] Unchain Yuka, let her down.
[X] Hug her.

In an instant, HY takes Yuka's character on a complete 180, straight back through basic likability and out the other side, into the warm sunshine of sympathy. All hail the master.
>> No. 68354
[X] Do nothing. Wait silently.

Futile vote probably, but I'd like to hear more out of her. Perhaps this could be at least taken into consideration before the inevitable unchaining?
>> No. 68355
[X] Unchain Yuka, let her down.
[X] Hug her.

I'd rather regret doing something than not doing anything.
>> No. 68357
>>68355

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense in this situation, but okay.
>> No. 68359
>>68357
If hugging her results in something good, it'd be annoying if we were too careless and didn't do it. Now, if it results in something bad we're stupid for choosing it. I realize this still doesn't make much more sense, but you should at least get the idea.
>> No. 68360
[X] Hug her.
THEN
[X] Unchain Yuka, let her down.
>> No. 68364
[X] Unchain her.
[X] DON'T HUG HER.
[X] Facepalm, because you left Mary in the human word!
[X] Achieve immortality! Go see Doctor Eirin!
[X] Find Reimu..
>> No. 68365
>>68364

Why do you do this?

Seriously, what goes through your mind when you make these decisions?
>> No. 68366
ALSO: [X] ASK FOR A THREESOME with Renko!
[X] And tell Yuka, that she's wrong. Renko is yours, if you know what I mean...
>> No. 68378
>>68364 >>68366
Don't ever change.
>> No. 68380
>>68364
>[X] Facepalm, because you left Mary in the human word!

You're thinking what I've been thinking for a long time!

[X] Unchain Yuka, let her down. Go find Ran, Yuka needs to be shown that TAIL FEEL SO GOOD properly, somehow.
>> No. 68381
[X] Unchain Yuka, let her down.
[X] rape her.
>> No. 68382
See, now i keep thinking of Hitman Reborn guardian arrangements for some reason...
We've got our Lightning in Renko (someone who redirects all agression against the family to themselves), and Satori seems she'll make a good Mist (one who protects the family through confusion and misdirection), despite the obvious connection to sun, Yuka would make a fine Cloud (protects the family in their own way, doing whatever they want).

Unsure about Ran, as i get the feeling her deeper motives may be somewhat less conductive to our health than Yuka's are - she's just less obvious about it.
>> No. 68384
>>68382
>Yuka would make a fine Cloud
But Yuka doesn't have a disturbingly huge sword and a slaveringly stupid fanbase so yeah!
>> No. 68385
>>68384
Seeing certain votes here, I'd say she has the stupid fanbase covered.
>> No. 68388
[X] Unchain Yuka, let her down.
I hope we won't let her down too bad~
>> No. 68390
☑ Do nothing.

Pissing into the tide. She hasn't sworn to serve us yet, and I don't trust crazy people.
>> No. 68391
[X] Unchain Yuka, let her down.
[X] Hug her.

Brah.
>> No. 68392
>>68390
Yuka is crazy and the flowers grow.
Yuka is crazy and the flowers bloom.
Yuka is crazy and the flowers wither.
Yuka is crazy and the flowers die.
>> No. 68394
[X] Unchain Yuka, let her down.
[X] Hug her.

!!!
>> No. 68395
[X] Unchain Yuka, let her down.
[X] Hug her.

Bandwagon.
>> No. 68397
[x] Unchain Yuka, let her down.
[x] Hug her.
>> No. 68398
A question for everyone here while I write.

My threads for ADP now make up far too large a proportion of the threads on /th/ and I'm pushing other stories down, both with the rate of updates and the number of replies. With the story only about a quarter of the way through, this is not good news for the health of the other stories.

Solution? I'm willing to sticky this thread, but I'd like people to voice their opinions on it first. I don't want to act without the input of the users of this board. If the other /th/ writefags would stop in and tell me if they would like me to sticky and stop making threads, or just carry on as before, then that would be great.

That said, back to writing.
>> No. 68400
[x] Unchain Yuka, let her down.
[x] Hug her.
>> No. 68402
>>68398
>My threads for ADP now make up far too large a proportion of the threads on /th/ and I'm pushing other stories down, both with the rate of updates and the number of replies
If nothing else you could wait longer before making a new thread, at least to 300 replies or wait until the thread falls off the first page (100 replies in this thread and the previous thread still hasn't fallen off). Some people do complain about load times with larger threads ('last 50 replies' isn't a very good solution, because if you click to reply or jump to any post, even ones within the 50 replies, it loads the full thread), but sticking a thread would cause the same problems.
>> No. 68403
>>68398

That seems like a good idea at first, but after a bit of thought, it may actually be not. Just imagine, with the speed HY writes and the usual amount of discussion, reaching 1000 posts would be no problem, but a pain to scroll down. And I have personal motives for this, since I end up having to put the threads as a .txt files in my cellphone and read it in a stupidly small screen.

The writefags should be the ones to decide this, not us, readers/voters. It's also a bit their fault: They need to update too.

>writing

Hooray.
>> No. 68404
>>68398
Sticky sounds like a great idea. BUT, don't make it too big, else the loading is a bitch. 400 to 500 post per thread sounds good.

YAF made Threads back in the day when /shrine/ was his domain 400+ Post Threads. I would like to see this once again.
>> No. 68406
No real need for a sticky. We survived MiG after all.
>> No. 68407
>>68406

Oh yeah, the thread of 1500 posts, right? Awesome thread it was. But it's worthy to remember that at the time, there were only WUIG, MiG and SHaG going on /th/.
>> No. 68408
>>68406

CtC Reimu was the real brickshitting moment for me.
>> No. 68409
File 122711938764.jpg - (369.34KB , 704x1188 , 1226875174847.jpg ) [iqdb]
68409
>>68404
>400+ Post Threads.

I don't have any 'baw nostalgia tears' reaction images, so have some homolust instead.
>> No. 68410
>>68408
We weren't dreaming so it doesn't really count as CtC Reimu, just White Reimu.

Fuck, I should really play that. I wish the endings were translated.
>> No. 68411
>>68410

If you figure out how to make it work, then teach me, ok? I've tried to play that many times, but Danmakufu didn't help me once.
>> No. 68412
>>68411
I've gotten it to work, just haven't played it far enough to count as really 'playing it'. I didn't have any problems so I don't think I can really teach anything.

I just run 'th_dnh.exe' after installing (thC_ptf.exe appears to be the installer, but this is after the fact), selected 'All' from the menu, then selected 'Concealed the Conclusion' from that menu. Works fine for me, no crashes or anything. If that doesn't work I can't help you.

Hell what I really want to do is make a goddamn translation patch. For that and PoFV. Hopefully I'll have time over christmas break to apply what I learned from Touhoujo Chugeki to something more difficult.
>> No. 68413
File 122712125667.jpg - (72.90KB , 640x448 , qxm0aw.jpg ) [iqdb]
68413
>>68409
hmmmm fish
>> No. 68414
"O ... okay Yuka." You gulp, finally slipping your hand back out of hers, wiping the dried blood on the wall. She's right, on some levels, that you're going to need her soon. If you have to face anything like that man in black from the outside ... Yuka can deal with that better than Renko can. Yuka could probably deal with anything, if she wasn't fighting under a set of self-imposed limitations, like against Renko. Yuka is a necessary evil, if you want to survive.

You keep telling yourself that, but it's not the whole reason, not anymore. Yuka spoke to you just now in a way you've never heard before, in a way you've never heard anyone speak to you before. She seems almost small, lost and pining for something, for Yukari. Broken and bleeding, but still strong enough to kill you were you stand, this monster is in pain.
To leave her like this, with nothing but the void of loss, that would be wrong.
"How ... how do I take the chains off?" You ask.
"Huh?" Yuka's eyes widen a little, her mouth hanging open. "You mean you'll let me go?"
You sigh, letting your shoulders slump. "Yeah."
Yuka smiles. Not a grin, not flashing her teeth like a predator, or staring at you with hunger. She just smiles.
"How do I get you out?" You ask, eyes running along the chains.
Yuka snaps out of her bliss and nods weakly to the other end of the room.
"There's a," she pauses, blinking a few times. "A key by the door, fits the manacles." She rattles the chain on her hand.
You can't see it, but when you step closer you find it, hanging on a little hook. A thick, heavy iron key, almost comedically large.

"That's it." Yuka slumps forwards as you slot the key into the manacle around her ankle. You glance up as you turn it, the lock clicking open with a loud thump of blunt metal. Is this the right thing to do? Is Yuka ... is she really safe? Your mouth is dry but when you look up at her face, it seems different. She just hangs there, exhausted, eyes flickering open and shut, but always focused on you. There's something there, some warmth you've not seen before, alien and strange, but there nonetheless. She's looking at you like ... like what?
After prising the manacles around her ankles open, you start on her wrists. Yuka doesn't manage to stay standing when you unclasp the first one, stumbling and hanging from one wrist, limp against the wall, baring her teeth with sudden pain. The chain rattles back against the wall as you let it fall. Yuka just tumbles to the floor in a heap when you finally get the second one open.
"Are you ... a-are you okay?" You crouch down, hand hovering over her back, wanting on some level to help her up.

This is wrong, isn't it? She tried to rape you ... didn't she? She tried to kill Renko ... but-
Yuka coughs and raises her head, her eyes are clouded and she blindly gropes with one hand, grabbing your arm.
"Hey, help me up." She says, her head swaying. "M-" She closes her mouth again.
"Ah ... oh, okay." You say, reaching down and putting a hand under her arm. Her feet slip against the floor as she tries to stand, knees shaking with the effort. Renko really did hurt her.
Yuk braces herself against you, one arm around your shoulders, hanging almost limp. She's heavy, warm, smells of rotting leaves and bark. You take hold of her hand, trying to pull her along without dropping her.
"Put me outside." She mumbles, shaking her head, then ends up resting it against yours.

------------------------------

Eventually you stumble onto the grass, trying not to fall down. Yuka wobbles on her feet and then just lets go of you as you emerge from the shadow of Mayohiga, into the sunlight.
"Ahhhh." Yuka closes her eyes and lets out a sigh.
"Ah! Y-yuka!" You can't hold her up like that, she slips from your grasp and tumbles sideways onto the grass.
"I'm fine." She says, just lying there on her side, turning her head a little to catch the light. "Let me rest."
You stand there for a moment, just watching her, motionless on the grass. She smiles a little.

"Hey ... Yukari, you staying?" She mumbles, rolling onto her back, limbs spread out, lit up in the sunlight.

[ ] Go inside, tell Renko and Ran what happened.
[ ] Stay here with Yuka while she heals.
>> No. 68415
[x] Stay here with Yuka while she heals.

What did she mean by "forcing it"?
>> No. 68416
[X] Go inside, tell Renko and Ran what happened.
[X] Stay here with Yuka while she heals.
Combination! No seriously, how the hell are we supposed to decide?
>> No. 68418
[X] Stay here with Yuka while she heals.
>> No. 68419
[x] Stay here with Yuka while she heals.

They're probably not going to take this news too well.
>> No. 68420
[ ] Stay here with Yuka while she heals.

Tame her.
>> No. 68421
[X] Go inside, tell Renko and Ran what happened.
>> No. 68422
[X] Stay here with Yuka while she heals.

Not going to leave her.
>> No. 68423
[X] Go inside, tell Renko and Ran what happened.
[X] Stay here with Yuka while she heals.

We'll just be a minute. She should just rest while we're gone.
>> No. 68425
{X} Go inside, tell Renko and Ran what happened.
>> No. 68426
[x] Water her.
[x] Fertilize her.

If you know what I mean.
>> No. 68427
[x] Stay here with Yuka while she heals...

I don't see any better option.

[X] Ask her about Yukari's past. But do it so, like you were Yukari, and you would have been forgotten it...
>> No. 68428
[x] Stay here with Yuka while she heals.
>> No. 68429
[ ] Stay here with Yuka while she heals.
>> No. 68438
[X] Go inside, tell Renko and Ran what happened.

I thought the Renko route was locked. Now yuka's trying to make a comeback?
>> No. 68439
>>68438

There is no route lock.

Being nice to Yuka doesn't mean we're all going for her.
>> No. 68440
[X] Stay here with Yuka while she heals.
>> No. 68445
[x] Stay here with Yuka while she heals.
>> No. 68447
>>68427
Not a bad idea, unless HY needs something to be said here.

[X] Stay here with Yuka while she heals.
[X] Ask her about Yukari's past.
>> No. 68448
[X] Stay here with Yuka while she heals.

Stayan gaems
>> No. 68449
That's probably going to have to be it for today, I'm too tired and too overworked right now for more updates tonight. Back tomorrow!
>> No. 68451
>>68449

It's ok, if you need rest, then rest.
>> No. 68468
>>68445
[X] Ask her about Yukari's past.
>> No. 68477
File 122715050082.jpg - (69.05KB , 683x490 , 060522b.jpg ) [iqdb]
68477
run to renko, renko will protect us.
>> No. 68487
[x] "I'm not Yukari."
[x] Stay here with Yuka while she heals.

tsundere option
>> No. 68538
[Z] Stay here while Yuka heals.
[Z] Sing this while waiting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQspWS1tQ7M
[Z] Get Renko and some water and wait together.
>> No. 68542
>>68426
Tempting, but no.

[X] Stay here with Yuka while she heals.
[X] Put her head in your lap, stroke her hair.
[X] "I'm not Yukari."
[X] Ask her about Yukari's past.
>> No. 68546
>>68392
A Yuka for every season.
>> No. 68555
>>68538
God damnit Spring.

[X] Stay here with Yuka while she heals.
>> No. 68558
[X] Stay here with Yuka while she heals.
[X] Ask her about yourYukari's past.
>> No. 68560
>>68555
Pretty flowers need the sun~
This applies to everyone~
>> No. 68589
You glance back at the main building. Nobody's watching, everybody else must still be indoors. A sudden feeling of dread settles in your stomach, what the hell is Renko going to think when you tell her that you let Yuka out? She didn't see the look in Yuka's eyes, hear her tone of voice. You'll have to make her understand, somehow.
"Mmm." Yuka stirs, taking a deep breath and letting her mouth hang open.

Someone should stay with her for a while, at least until she can get up on her own again. If she's really an asset then you need to make sure she's capable and healed-up. There's something else at the back of your mind, an odd sort of feeling, totally unplacable, but at least it feels normal and human. You frown and then shake your head, you don't want to get lost in your thoughts now, not around Yuka. She's ... safer? But it still doesn't feel like that.
You take a deep breath and try to calm yourself, the nerves from talking to Yuka and letting her go finally draining away as you watch her there, just lying on the grass.
"Come sit." Yuka mumbles, patting the ground beside her clumsily.
You plonk yourself down on the grass, but well clear of Yuka's hands.
"You don't ... didn't used to watch me like this." Yuka says, eyes still closed, breathing slowly.
"What do you mean?" You ask.
"Is that why you changed, Yukari? Mmm." She asks, growing quiet with exhaustion and letting her voice trail off.
You just stare at her, the wound on her head now visibly healing. The motion is like a glacier, sliding so slowly you have to watch it like the hands of a clock, counting down the time until Yuka is whole again. The sight is a little sickening, you turn away.
Yuka cracks her eyes open, staring up at the sky. You follow her gaze up, into the endless blue. How many hours until dark?

"Yukari-" Yuka starts, pausing for breath.
You interrupt before she can continue. "I'm not Yukari." You say, almost wincing at your own words.
Yuka doesn't say anything, just stares at the sky.
"I missed you." She says eventually, frowning a little. "I don't even know why, you never paid any attention to me."
"I'm not- sorry, what?" Your curiosity gets the better of you for a moment.
Yuka sighs, then just closes her eyes again.

Silence.

[ ] Press Yuka about what she just said.
[ ] Drop the subject, just wait.
[ ] Head inside.
>> No. 68591
[X] Drop the subject, just wait.
>> No. 68592
[x] Press Yuka about what she just said.
[x] Put an end to the Yukari-confusion.
then
[x] Head inside.
>> No. 68593
[ ] Press Yuka about what she just said.
>> No. 68594
[x] Press Yuka about what she just said.

What was Yukari to her? What was Yuka to Yukari? I gotta know now.
>> No. 68595
[X] Press Yuka about what she just said.

She wants attention? Well, we can certainly give her that.
>> No. 68596
[ ] Drop the subject, just wait.
>> No. 68598
[ ] Press Yuka about what she just said.
>> No. 68599
[x] Press Yuka about what she just said.
>> No. 68600
[*] Press Yuka about what she just said.
>> No. 68601
[X] Press Yuka about what she just said.
>> No. 68604
[X] Press Yuka about what she just said.
Though I doubt pressing her will not help, she'll tell us when she feels like it if at all.
>> No. 68607
Okay, calling it now. Writing will hopefully happen soon.
>> No. 68609
[x] Press Yuka about what she just said.
I think we've said "I'm not Yukari" enough for now.
>> No. 68610
>>68607

hooray!
>> No. 68614
You grit your teeth and frown at Yuka. Come on! She can't just leave you hanging like that!
"What- ... What did you mean, Yuka?" You demand.
She opens one eye again and stares at you.
"You heard me." She says. "You never paid any attention to me, I don't-" Yuka stops sort, growling through her teeth and looking away. "I don't need your validation." She hesitates. "Fuck off." She says quietly, almost as an afterthought, no power behind her words.
You just sigh and look down, Yuka looks sideways at you.
"Are you going to sulk now?" She asks.
"What ... no." You say. This is too confusing. Yuka is too confusing and this
conversation is going nowhere.

"Look ... Yuka ... I just want to know what's going on, what's-"
"You should already know what's going on Yukari." Yuka says. "You should know, but you don't because you've re-made yourself and it didn't work properly." Yuka pauses, raising an eyebrow at you.
"Am I right? Thought so. You have no plan, no knowledge, nothing. Except your crazy little knife bitch in there."
"Wh-what? You mean Renko?" You ask.
Yuka lets out a snort of laughter. "And she is crazy, a little like me~" Yuka closes her eyes and smiles.
"What do you want Yuka?" You ask, gulping, feeling your insides going a little cold at her tone. That half-singing, amused, sickening lilt in her voice.
"I want you to have a plan. I want Gensokyo to be safe." Yuka says, smiling.
You frown. "What?"
"If Gensokyo is safe, so are my flowers~" She grins to herself, glowing in the sunlight. It's a different style of grin to before, full of joy and warmth, but not directed at you. For a moment, Yuka is lost entirely in her own head.

"W-what do you mean, a plan?" You prompt Yuka when she's relaxed again.
"A plan of action." She says, frowning at you. "Mayohiga isn't your home, this is a staging point. You need to start thinking."
"What ... I don't even know what's happening here!" You can feel yourself starting to lose your temper. You don't get any of this! Why were you even brought here? What use are you supposed to be? "I don't ..."

Yuka raises her eyebrows.

[ ] Lose your temper. How are you supposed to 'plan? Fuck this!
[ ] Calm down, maybe Yuka can give you some advice. She seems more helpful and lucid than before.
[ ] Storm off, you don't have to deal with this.
>> No. 68615
[X] Calm down, maybe Yuka can give you some advice. She seems more helpful and lucid than before.
>> No. 68619
[ ] Calm down, maybe Yuka can give you some advice. She seems more helpful and lucid than before.
>> No. 68620
[x] Find Reimu
>> No. 68621
{X} Calm down, maybe Yuka can give you some advice. She seems more helpful and lucid than before.
>> No. 68622
[Z] Calm down, maybe Yuka can give you some advice. She seems more helpful and lucid than before.
>> No. 68623
[x] Suika! Ran mentioned her before. Or Remilia. Tell me about them Yuka-sensei~

Well, why not? Both were apparently the ones who really kicked shit off at first when Reimu went missing, according to Ran - and Reimu went missing seemingly in reaction to Yukari's sickness... so chances are those two will be important.

That and, shit, it's not like Ebolanon has actually heard any other names yet. Suika, Remilia, Yuyuko and Mokou are about all the other names she's heard.
>> No. 68624
[ ] Calm down, maybe Yuka can give you some advice. She seems more helpful and lucid than before.
[ ] Find out why Yukari, and by association us, was so important to gensokyo.
>> No. 68625
[X] Calm down, maybe Yuka can give you some advice. She seems more helpful and lucid than before.
>> No. 68626
Well well... Little lamb, you need informations. You need to be the new Yukari.
Learn about her! Learn about the current situation! Learn how to use your powers!
>> No. 68627
I mean ask many questions. Make walls! Ask Ran! She is the only one who seems to be the cleverest.
>> No. 68629
>>68626
GET TO WORK!

It's... it's not like I'm waiting for you to pick up writing again. I'll just keep following ADP and when that times comes, I'll... I'll just happen to be around to read it, if you know what I mean. Don't get that wrong!
>> No. 68630
[x] Calm down, maybe Yuka can give you some advice. She seems more helpful and lucid than before.
[x] Someone needs to go back to the outside and try to convince Mary to help us; she may already be in danger from attack from those trying to get at you.
[x] Make contact and learn where we stand with the other major powers of Gensokyo.
[x] Find Reimu.

Mary is like a youkai encyclopedia, and she had direct access to Yukari's memories. Her help here would be invaluable, even if it takes some effort. She also had a personal attachment to Yukari and deserves to know what's going on. More importantly, I'm worried about Renko's mental health.

Making contact with the other parties is going to be essential for gaining clues on the miko's whereabouts, as well as to assure them that while Yukari is in a coma, her power to maintain the border is being held safely in another vessel.
>> No. 68633
[X] Calm down, maybe Yuka can give you some advice. She seems more helpful and lucid than before.
>> No. 68635
[x] Calm down, maybe Yuka can give you some advice. She seems more helpful and lucid than before.
[x] Someone needs to go back to the outside and try to convince Mary to help us; she may already be in danger from attack from those trying to get at you.
[x] Make contact and learn where we stand with the other major powers of Gensokyo.
[x] Find Reimu.

Sounds reasonable. Renko is probably the only one who can convince Mary to come to Gensokyo while we go with Yuka and Ran to find Remilia and Suika and get a feeling of what's going on.
>> No. 68636
[X] Calm down, maybe Yuka can give you some advice. She seems more helpful and lucid than before.

Yay, helpful Yuuka~
>> No. 68637
[z] Calm down, maybe Yuka can give you some advice. She seems more helpful and lucid than before.
[z] Someone needs to go back to the outside and try to convince Mary to help us; she may already be in danger from attack from those trying to get at you.
[z] Make contact and learn where we stand with the other major powers of Gensokyo.
[z] Find Reimu.

Plan makin gaems.
>> No. 68638
[x] Calm down, maybe Yuka can give you some advice. She seems more helpful and lucid than before.
[x] Someone needs to go back to the outside and try to convince Mary to help us; she may already be in danger from attack from those trying to get at you.
[x] Make contact and learn where we stand with the other major powers of Gensokyo.
[x] Find Reimu.
>> No. 68639
[X] Calm down, maybe Yuka can give you some advice. She seems more helpful and lucid than before.
[X] Someone needs to go back to the outside and try to convince Mary to help us; she may already be in danger from attack from those trying to get at you.
[X] Make contact and learn where we stand with the other major powers of Gensokyo.
[X] Find Reimu.
>> No. 68642
[x] Calm down, maybe Yuka can give you some advice. She seems more helpful and lucid than before.
[x] Find Reimu.

Hunting for Reimu should get us entangled with the other "major powers of Gensokyo" slow enough for us to handle.
>> No. 68645
This seems a little out of character.
>> No. 68646
[x] Calm down, maybe Yuka can give you some advice. She seems more helpful and lucid than before.
[x] Someone needs to go back to the outside and try to convince Mary to help us; she may already be in danger from attack from those trying to get at you.
[x] Make contact and learn where we stand with the other major powers of Gensokyo.
[x] Find Reimu.
>> No. 68647
>>68645
Hahaha.

Yes.
>> No. 68649
>>68645

Ebolanon can't stay scared forever.
>> No. 68650
Can't we slow down a bit? I'm not sure we'd even make some of these decisions without metagame knowledge, so...
>> No. 68651
>>68649

She doesn't have to be, but the curring write-in is ridiculous. Why exactly does anyone think it makes sense?
>> No. 68652
File 122721041441.jpg - (37.17KB , 320x353 , CalvinHobbsCalmDown.jpg ) [iqdb]
68652
[X] Calm down, maybe Yuka can give you some advice. She seems more helpful and lucid than before.

Without the write-in.
>> No. 68653
[X] Calm down, maybe Yuka can give you some advice. She seems more helpful and lucid than before.
>> No. 68654
>>68645
Yeah, I cut back to just the chosen option and then one vague write in "[x] Find Reimu." On the spot, that would be the simplistic strategy I would come up with if pressed for one like Yuka seems to be hinting. Ran explained to us that regardless of Yukari's disappearance, Reimu's disappearance was the powder keg that set everything in Gensokyo off.
>> No. 68655
[ ] Calm down, maybe Yuka can give you some advice. She seems more helpful and lucid than before.

Ebolanon doesn't seem type to storm off or through a tantrum.
>> No. 68656
[X] Calm down, maybe Yuka can give you some advice. She seems more helpful and lucid than before.
>> No. 68657
[X] Calm down, maybe Yuka can give you some advice. She seems more helpful and lucid than before.
>> No. 68660
Ok, maybe we were rushing things a bit.

>>68647
>Hahaha.

This has truly invoked fear in my heart.
>> No. 68671
[X] Lose your temper. How are you supposed to 'plan? Fuck this!

It won't win but I want there to be at least one vote that does it right.
>> No. 68677
[X] Lose your temper. How are you supposed to 'plan? Fuck this!

im with you man
>> No. 68678
Oh wow. Calling it now. Writing will happen but it'll be slow. Watch this space.
>> No. 68753
>>68678
Hooray!