[Return]
Archived Thread

File 122636621673.jpg - (144.10KB , 600x800 , 9876097d4bc7f434dc8e89f30adabeb4.jpg ) [iqdb]
67236 No. 67236
Yes, it's not like you have anything else to wear so these'll do fine. Picking something new would take too long, and you honestly want to see what Hina would like you to wear.
Wrapping the towel around you better, you take the clothes and look at them more.

"Wow..." That's all you can say about the dress she picked. The skirt part isn't anything too weird, but still impressive. It's dark-red until around where your hips would be, where dark green frills start going around until bottom of the skirt in a spiral. A shorter line of frill, going straight around it closes the gap between downer and upper part The color at the area between the frills is paler, something like carnelian. There's frills of the same color at the bottom of it too. The skirt is bit longer than one you had earlier, so it'll probably reach around your knees. The top part looks... Complicated. There's red sleeves included, but they don't seem to be connected to top part with anything but spinny dark red cloth with green frills in it. Well, Momizi should be able to help with that.
Spiral motif is also present in new stockings, with red similar to that of the downer area of the skirt accompanied with black, going up like spiral. It starts from the toes, and never breaks. If you don't watch it too much it'll look almost like regular stripes, but right now it kind of reminds you of a... Drill? She must really like spirals. There's even matching black panties and bra. They're kind of frilly too, and...
You swallow. For as long as you can remember you've had regular underwear, so these seem kind of... Weird. You understand that you have to dress properly, but is this necessary too?
"What do you have there?" Momizi peeks over your shoulder, and looks at clothes in your hands.
"Ah!" Quickly you push the underwear to shelf and step in front of them. "N-nothing! I mean, Hina picked clothes for me to wear at the festival, and I was just looking at them."
"Oh, that's great!" She steps to right, tilting her head, and you move to block her view. "I was thinking of what you could wear!"
"Haha, that's great..." You give a weak laugh, doing your best to prevent her from seeing your new underwear. "Listen, could you help me put this on? It seems kind of complicated.."
"Of course!" She brings her hands together, smiling widely.
"That's good, but... Could you turn around for a minute?"
"Eh?" Again, she cocks her head to side, but this time in confusion. "Why?"
Ah, why do you have to say this... "...I'll put on my underwear. So, please?"
"Y-yes! Sure!" Quickly she turns around, with her hands behind her back.
Sighing in relief you turn around. "Thanks." Before getting the towel off you, you say one thing over your shoulder. "Don't peek!"
Only response you get is a quiet giggle.

-----------------------------

"There, doesn't it look good?"
Finishing you look at your reflection in the dressing-room mirror and breathe in awe. "Yeah..."
The bottom part was close enough to what you thought, but the top really looks magnificent. It's basically just a sleeveless top, but the way it was made is incredible. The sleeves remind you of what Reimu had, but they're connected to the dress with dark red cloth that has green frills. They loop behind your neck, and then cross over your chest now without the frills, making it basically just dark red dress. Then it crosses around again at your waist, with the skirt portion sewn into the lower half from there, leaving your back and shoulders bare... It feels great, and looks even better. But with the way that cloth goes around you, isn't it something like möbius strip? Well, doesn't matter.
"Yeah, it looks incredible!" This time you speak louder, and turn to Momizi smiling.
"Yes! She really has sense of style, but... What's that?" She points to your head, looking confused.

"Hmm?" You feel your hair for a bit, and surely, a part of it is sticking out. Ah, she must mean that... Turning towards the mirror again you prepare for familiar sight. "Oh, that."
There is a single large lock of hair sticking up from front your otherwise well-kept hair, going upwards and finally bending so that it points behind you. Taking care into setting it down turned into such a mundane task for you that you almost forgot you had it.
Turning back to Momizi, you see her still curiously eyeing the top of your head. "...I've had that for as long as I can remember. I didn't really mind when I was a kid, but it turned annoying later with people asking about it, so I started combing it down." You reach for the shelf with brushes in it and take one. "It still sometimes comes up after baths. I really don't know what's up with it."
As you bring the brush closer to your head, Momizi grabs your arm. "Are you going to get rid of it again?"
"...Yes?"
"Don't, it suits you!"
"Really?" That's the first time somebody said that about it, usually they were just confused or laughed. Having somebody compliment it is... Nice? With a light blush creeping on your face, you feel the lock again. "You like it?"
"Well..." she smiles and "Yeah! It looks nice and kind of funny!"
"..." Looking again at the mirror, she's right. Right now when you're wearing something this fancy, the comical effect it gives is even greater. You never hated it yourself, but... "Are you sure? We're going to a festival, after all."
"You don't want to look too serious, and I think most people will probably just wear their usual clothes." With a giggle she pokes the lock of hair, causing it to bounce back and forth for a bit. "That gives a nice finishing touch to you."

"Ehh.." You fiddle it a bit, and start to think that she has a point. Without it you get a feeling you'd be lacking something. And putting it down takes time, so it would be better to just wear a hat at this point. You've never liked wearing hats. "I guess you're right, let's go."
"Alright, but can you wait for me at the living-room?"
"Hmm? Alright, but..." You look at her again and notice. She still has the towel around herself. "Yeah, I'll do that."
"That's great!" She walks past you, and gives a small wave from the door. "I won't take long!"
With her gone, you make your way to living room where you see two others waiting quietly. Hina is at her usual clothes, but Clay...

He has loose white men's shirt, and under it a t-shirt of similar color. You know this because the shirt lets you see through to his arms, but not his chest. Thank god. And it's not buttoned all the way up. He's wearing black suit-pants that also look somewhat loose. Not because he's thin, not at all, he must've picked something that lets him move easily. This all looks rather casual when compared to your dress
"Oh-ho." With a grin spreading to his face he inspects you from bottom to up. "Where did you get that?"
"Ah, um..." You really, really don't like it when he looks at you like that. What's he thinking?
"I chose it for her. Looks good, doesn't it?" Hina speaks with her eyes closed, wearing a pleased smile.
"Very." He stands up and stretches, then looks at you smugly. "So, are we leaving soon?"
What? He thinks you're still willing to take him along?
[ ] No way!
[ ] ...Fine, he can come.
[ ] Write-in
========================================
I was thinking of going "CREATIVE CRISIS!" but this is the first post for the new topic, and then I realized that for the first time in long time I actually know pretty well what's going to happen next. So I'm not doing it.

And whining on IRC is always better choice than doing it here.

>> No. 67237
[x] "Fine. You can come as long as you don't stir up any unnecessary trouble. That includes you blurting your feelings on youkai and any of the other type of magical beings that reside there."
>> No. 67239
[x] "Fine. You can come as long as you don't stir up any unnecessary trouble. That includes you blurting your feelings on youkai and any of the other type of magical beings that reside there."
>> No. 67240
>>[x] "Fine. You can come as long as you don't stir up any unnecessary trouble. That includes you blurting your feelings on youkai and any of the other type of magical beings that reside there."
Mine was going to end after the "trouble" comment, but this is fine too.
>> No. 67241
[x] "Fine. You can come as long as you don't stir up any unnecessary trouble. That includes you blurting your feelings on youkai and any of the other type of magical beings that reside there."
>> No. 67244
>The bottom part was close enough to what you thought, but the top really looks magnificent. It's basically just a sleeveless top, but the way it was made is incredible. The sleeves remind you of what Reimu had, but they're connected to the dress with dark red cloth that has green frills. They loop behind your neck, and then cross over your chest now without the frills, making it basically just dark red dress. Then it crosses around again at your waist, with the skirt portion sewn into the lower half from there, leaving your back and shoulders bare... It feels great, and looks even better. But with the way that cloth goes around you, isn't it something like möbius strip? Well, doesn't matter.

This desperately needs to be illustrated.

[x] "Fine. You can come as long as you don't stir up any unnecessary trouble. That includes you blurting your feelings on youkai and any of the other type of magical beings that reside there."
>> No. 67250
[x] "Fine. You can come as long as you don't stir up any unnecessary trouble. That includes you blurting your feelings on youkai and any of the other type of magical beings that reside there."
>> No. 67256
Spiral-striped stockings? Ahoge? I want to see this girl.

[x] "Fine. You can come as long as you don't stir up any unnecessary trouble. That includes you blurting your feelings on youkai and any of the other type of magical beings that reside there."
>> No. 67260
>>67256

From what I gathered, armpits as well. Drawfags needs to draw this.

[x] Bandwagon.
>> No. 67274
[x] "Fine. You can come as long as you don't stir up any unnecessary trouble. That includes you blurting your feelings on youkai and any of the other type of magical beings that reside there."
>> No. 67283
[x] No way!
>> No. 67293
> The sleeves remind you of what Reimu had
We've met Reimu?
>> No. 67294
>>67293
Yes, once on the first day, and when we visited Mayohiga.
Although the first day was pretty crap, and it's been ages since then.
>> No. 67410
Updates?
>> No. 67418
>>67410
Vodka abandoned the story due to lack of interest. Announced on IRC only.
>> No. 67420
>>67418

What.
>> No. 67421
>>67418
2/10
>> No. 67422
>>67418

Bullshit. Vodka's just a lazy nigger who's taken up the task of writing two stories simultanously. And here we see the repercussions of that.
>> No. 67429
>>67422
>Vodka's just a lazy nigger who's taken up the task of writing two stories simultanously.

Ignoring the irony here, what's the other one?
>> No. 67430
>>67429
>Ignoring the irony here

Ha, someone noticed.

He's writing 'All Together At Once', or how we like to call it 'Faggotry' - that one crossover story.
>> No. 67431
>>67430
I thought you were writing this, the style is very YAFish
>> No. 67434
>>67430

Vodka is writing All at once? I though YOU were writing it and he posting.

Wow, why the hell did I think that?
>> No. 67435
>>67431

Yeah, we've had a talk about the style... Vodka wanted to immitate mine, because of the first post, but... Well, in my opinion - and told him that - he should stick to his own, it appears easier to read than mine to me...

... wait a sec.
>the style is very YAFish
Was that a concealed insult?
>> No. 67436
Writing is hard. First you write something, then you notice that most of it is useless stuff that doesn't affect anything. Then you write again, and notice that you're falling asleep and typing "Kanako" as "Knakko".
...Updates today. Sorry.

>>67431
He wrote the first post, and occasionally hijacks the story. Then I decided I'd stick to the style.
>> No. 67437
>>67436
>occasionally hijacks the story

Aw, aw, aw, you weren't supposed to say that! ;w;
>> No. 67451
>>67435
Nah, every Writer has his own style of writing that you can regonize. That's why i was asking >>66319.

>>67436
Let YAF write it, we pretend that we don't know and you can take all the glory for it.
>> No. 67523
File 122662813730.png - (403.11KB , 667x1000 , 68d51f8df848720ece1f3565e6fdd913.png ) [iqdb]
67523
"Fine." It's not like talking back to him would help much. Maybe if you got him to "agree," he'd just sneak out and come there anyway. And frankly, you're actually more afraid of what he might do if he stayed here. At least you can keep an eye on him at the festival. But just to be safe, you continue.
"You can come as long as you don't stir up any unnecessary trouble. That includes you blurting your feelings on youkai, and any of the other type of magical beings that reside there."
"You still think so little of me?" Well, he hasn't exactly given you many reasons not to! Crossing his arms, he smiles smugly. "Anyway, I give you my word. I'm not not going to do something stupid like that." ...You'll see about that.
"Now, Clay." Hina says, leaning slightly over the table with a smile. "You wouldn't want to give a poor impression to the people there, now, would you? Many of them are rather influential in this area."
He looks at her for a while, then finally sighs, sitting down. "...Yes, I understand."
Gah, why does he listen to her so easily?! Well, it's good that at least somebody can keep him under control, but shouldn't that be you?
Hina regards you with a curious look. "Where's Momizi, Adahn? We really should get going, soon."
"Oh." You look at the ground. After all, you're mostly to blame for this. "S-she said she'd just get dressed. I think she'll be done soon."
She nods, and closes her eyes again. "I hope so. Aya left earlier to make sure she was on time."
You look back up. "Really?" Crossing your arms, you cock your head to the side. "Around when?"
"I think it was..." She pauses for a moment, thinking. "Hmm... Before your match with Clay?"
"That's really early!" You're not the only one that didn't expect that; Clay raises his head as well, looking surprised. "You mean we're this late?"
"Oh, no, of course not, sorry... She said she still had few things to take care of. She didn't mention what, though."
"Ah, that's good..." You let out a sigh of relief, relaxing a little.

"I'm finished!" Following that happy shout, there's the sound of a few quick footsteps and somebody hugs you from behind. "Sorry, I didn't think I'd have so much trouble choosing..." She snuggles you, placing her head in the crook of your neck.
"Oh-ho."
"Oh my."
Clay and Hina react at the same time, but very differently. While he leans back and grins at you, she just covers her mouth with a hand and smiles behind it.
"Ah, your quality time in the bath kept you?" Hearing this, Momizi stiffens a bit and squeezes you tighter. She must be making some kind of expression, as Clay's grin turns into surprised smile. "...I was wrong!? Then what ever did you do in there...?"
"Shut it, Clay." You really don't feel like dealing with him, right now. As you try to to reach and pat Momizi's head, she lets go and steps back.

Sighing, you turn around and look at just what she chose for herself.
She's wearing a brown dress, with a light, indistinguishable pattern in it. At the bottom of it, there are some red ruffles, which is the only similarity between her clothes and yours. Under the dress she wears a long-sleeved white shirt, completely covering her shoulders and arms. Hanging around her neck on a chain is a large white amulet. Her legs are covered by a pair of long black stockings. She still has that silly hat on, but even so, you think it kind of complements the rest of the outfit. When compared to yours, the difference in clothing is incredible. Yours looks almost fiery, while hers gives a completely natural feel.
"..."
Even though it's different from her usual attire, it still reminds you of it. But that's not a bad thing at all, no. Something like that actually fits her, you decide. You wouldn't be at all opposed to see her wearing that more often.
"Well...?"
Stopping your thoughts, you look back up to her.
"What do you think...?"
"It's..." A smile comes to your face as you search for words, resisting the urge to hug her. It's hard to find a single word for it. "...Very pretty. I really like it."
"Really?" She smiles widely, but still asks for confirmation.
"Yes," Hina says, standing up and brushing off her own dress a little. "It's been a long while since you last wore that. When was it...?"
"Before Moriya shrine appeared here, when everybody from the mountain gathered to watch the moon. After that, I sort of forgot I had this." She does a little spin, holding the edge of the dress. "But after looking through my clothes for a bit, I came across it."
"That time? I see..." muses Hina.
It annoys you when people talk vaguely about past events when you're around, but there's not much you can do about it. Maybe you could ask somebody to give you a history lesson, later?
"Since we're all ready..." Clay says, getting up. "Shall we go?"
"Yes," Hina replies, moving to the door with a smile, "We should make it well on time if we were to leave now."

"...Hmm?" As Clay is about to go outside, he turns to look at you.
He doesn't say anything, just stares. You can't really say you like it. "W-what? Is something the matter?"
"Aren't you going to take the sword?"
Oh, that. "No." You look at him again, with your eyebrows lowered. "Do you have something against me doing that?"
"...Not really." With a sigh, he follows Hina ouside, with you and Momizi exiting after.

In the end, Clay and Hina walk in front, and Momizi is holding your hand as you take the familiar route towards the shrine.
"By the way," Clay says, without breaking his stride, "I never got around saying this earlier, but that dress suits you. It's refreshing to see you wear something more western." Ah, so he's talking to Momizi. Is he finally trying to be more civic?
"I see." Not even bothering to pay attention to him, Momizi gives a cold reply and tightens her grip on you.
He waits for a moment for something more, but when she doesn't say anything he shrugs. "Huh," he looks at Momizi over his shoulder "what did I do to get you so angry?"
"Do you even have to ask?!" She lets go of you, and takes quick step towards him. "The way you tre-"
"Stop!" Grabbing her hand, you stop Momizi. It was wonder she didn't try anything earlier, but maybe it was good that this happened now.
Slowly she turns to look at you with a confused look on her face. "--what? Why?!"
"...Please. There's no point starting anything here."
"But... what about what he did to you?!"
Shaking your head you avoid looking to him. "Just let it go." She's right, but... fighting him here won't solve anything.
"Fine." She settles down, and gives him one last glare.
"Ha!" Clay, who stayed silent while you dealt with Momizi, lets out a laugh and continues walking. "See? You shouldn't worry about her. My master is strong."
...You're not sure what to say about that. Is he serious or just mocking you?
>> No. 67524
File 122662843421.png - (325.11KB , 648x906 , 508be58354342f49a40816f422aa4573.png ) [iqdb]
67524
As you're walking up the stairs to the shrine, Hina stops and turns to you. "Adahn, do you have money with you?"
"Huh?" The sudden question catches you by surprise. "Why?"
"If you want to buy something, you'll need some. It's a festival, after all."
What does she think? You just changed clothes, and all the money you had was in...
"Oh."
Accidentally reaching for the pocket of your dress(it has pockets?), you feel something in there and pull out the familiar black leather wallet. Weird, how did that end up in there? You put it back, knowing it'll have four 1,000-yen bills inside, without even checking its contents. "...I guess I do."
"Oh? That's good." She nods, apparently satisfied and turns to Clay. "And do you...?"
"I don't think there will be anything for sale here that interests me." With his eyes closed, he speaks with annoying confidence.
"Are you sure?" Hina cocks her head, looking at him. "If something comes up, I could lend you some." She really does seem to want Clay to enjoy himself. Is that even possible?
"I appreciate the offer, but I doubt there'll be any need for it." He takes a step forward, prompting you to continue on. "Let's go. I don't think we have much further to go, anymore."
"...All right." Hina sighs, giving up. "Let us continue, then."
He's right, though. You can already hear faint music from where you are, and see the glow of the lanterns ahead.

-----------------------------------

There's two women standing by the gate you saw yesterday. One you recognize as Suwako, but the other...
In almost perfect contrast to other, she's tall, looks mature, has red eye-catching outfit, large breasts(under which there seems to be something like a mirror) and dark blue hair. But this all is nothing compared to the...
Large rope somehow attached to her waist, making a huge circle behind her. She and Suwako are like total opposites. Suddenly your clothes don't feel weird at all.
As she notices your group, she waves and smiles. Hina gives a similar response and leads you to her.
"So you're finally here!" She speaks in a cheerful voice with a wide smile and extends her hand. Now that you're closer you see just how tall she is. From the people you've seen here, she might be close to Ran. ...Only Clay is taller than her from your group. "Aya said you'd turn up soon."
Hina grabs her hand and gives a small curtsy. "Preparing took longer than expected, I apologize for making you wait lady Yasaka."
"It's fine, we haven't even started yet!" She then looks to Momizi. "So, you came too. And..." Slowly she casts her eyes on you. "With a partner, I see."
"Y-yes!" She steps forward, still holding your hand. "I couldn't ever decline invitation from you."
"It's honestly not that important." Suwako steps forward as she speaks. "You come if you can and if you like."
"You!" Yasaka turns to her, and... "Don't say things like that on my shrine. We have customs here." ...You could swear that for a moment her eyes were like those of a snake.
"Right right, whatever you say." Turning to Momizi again she gives an acknowledging nod. "We appreciate the gesture, really."

"And you're the outsider, hmm?" You nod, and her smile widens. "This is your first time here, right?" What, Suwako didn't tell her about...?
You give her a quick look, and see her shrugging. "...Yeah."
"Then let me welcome you! This is the first annual Moriya-shrine festival!" She takes your hand and shakes it. Since you're still holding Momizi's the scene created by this is rather comical. "I am Kanako Yasaka, and this is Suwako Moriya." Suwako gives you a small wave, and stays quiet. Wait, if this is Moriya shrine, and her name is...
You look at excited Kanako again. Perhaps this isn't the best time to ask about that. "Adahn, pleased to meet you."
"Oh, the pleasure is all mine!" She laughs for a bit, and looks at you almost hungrily. "Have you ever thought about choosing a religion for yourself?" What? She asks about it just like that?
You really can't think how to respond to that. "Uhm, I..." At least Hina was discreet.
"I'm sorry Kanako, but she's going to be my shrine-maiden." Hina steps in, giving you a reassuring look.
For a moment Kanako's smile drops, but soon it's back to usual. After a short laugh she continues. "Well, I can't win them all! But Kagiyama, do you even have a shrine?"
This time Hina looks away, somewhat embarrassed. "That's... We're getting people to help with it."
"Ah, I see. If you need help, just ask. Now..."

Kanako looks at Clay, who has been suprisingly quiet. "Aya said there would be man coming too, but she didn't mention your name?"
He's quiet for a moment, looking into distance away from shrine with arms crossed, but gives Kanako his hand. "Clay. I'm sorry, but I'm not exactly interested in religion either." Oh no, this could be dangerous.
Her expression doesn't waver when she hears Clay's statement. "Oh, I wouldn't ask something like that from you. There is something other interesting about you." She pauses, and then- "You're not a human." That wasn't a question, it was a flat-out statement. "But I've never seen you, or another male youkai ever before. Where are you from?"
Claymore cringes his teeth. You can tell that he doesn't like being labeled as youkai. Wishing that he won't start a scene over it you tighten your grip on Momizi's hand.
"...You're mistaken. I'm not a youkai, human or anything similar." He speaks slowly, obviously trying to hold himself back.
"Oh, I'm sorry." Mocking she covers her mouth with her hand. "Don't tell me you're a god, there really isn't room for any more of those here."
"I'm nothing of the sort."
"Then what are you?"
Clay looks at you. "Her sword."
"A what? Are you seriou-"
"Now then, that's enough isn't it." Suwako steps between them and pushes Kanako back. "It'll be a while before the show starts, so you can just look around for now."
Clay looks actually suprised for a moment, but then nods to the smaller goddess. "Thank you for your advice."
"Think nothing of it." She gives a grin in response before turning to Kanako.
You walk away from the gate and leave the two goddesses arguing with each other.
>> No. 67525
File 122662874090.png - (486.51KB , 777x777 , 1159692.png ) [iqdb]
67525
When you get some distance between them and yourself and get closer to people, Hina speaks. "Oh."
You turn to look at her. "What now?"
"I forgot to ask where Sanae is." She sighs, looking behind her. "It would be good for you to speak with her."
"Well.." Momizi speaks, and takes a quick step so she walks bit in front of you. "It doesn't matter that much. We should run into her during the festival."
"Hmm, you're right." Hina looks to you curiosly. "But as Suwako said, it'll be a while before anything starts. What do you want to do?"
"I don't know..." Really, there's so much people here, and you hardly know anybody.

"Oh!" From above you, you hear a familiar voice. But before you can turn your head to look up, Aya is in front of you. "You finally came here! I was getting worried that you got kidnapped again or something!" She ruffles your hair, messing it a bit.
"Kidnapped?" You speak as you try to get your hair into some kind of order again. "We settled everything with Remilia, why would it happen again?"
"Hmm, I don't know? Maybe Eirin wanted new quinea-pig?" She holds her arms behind her back, and turns to look at Clay. "So, Mr. I-Hate-Monsters came too? What do you think?"
He keeps his arms crossed, but grins to Aya. "Not like anything I've seen before."
"Oh? I guess that's good." Done with him, she looks at Momizi. "Hey, would you mind borrowing Adahn to me for a bit?"
"Eh?" She looks at Aya questioningly and then quickly lets go of your hand. "Why?"
"There's some people that'd really want to meet her! They were really interested after reading that article about her!" With beaming eyes she looks to you. "So? What do you think?"
[ ] Let Clay do what he wants, you should be able to trust him.
[ ] Keep an eye on him, Take Clay with you.
-And-
[ ] Aya can introduce you to whoever she wants.
[ ] Oh, Remilia is here with Flandre and Sakuya, she'd probably love to talk with you.
[ ] There's Suika! And who's that she's drinking with?
[ ] Ran is here, but there's no sight of Yukari. What's up?
[ ] Try looking for that Sanae.
[ ] Walk around, you should check the stalls.
============================
Well, this chapter should end within this thread. I guess I could say "Good luck" or something, but... You really shouldn't need it. Anyway, last decisions that affect next chapter will be made.
>> No. 67529
>>67528
>Can we multivote?
Let's put a limit on two.
>> No. 67532
[ ] Let Clay do what he wants, you should be able to trust him.
[ ] Aya can introduce you to whoever she wants.
[ ] Oh, Remilia is here with Flandre and Sakuya, she'd probably love to talk with you.
>> No. 67533
[x] Let Clay do what he wants, you should be able to trust him.

[x] Aya can introduce you to whoever she wants.
[x] Ran is here, but there's no sight of Yukari. What's up?

Changing vote then.
>> No. 67541
[ ] Let Clay do what he wants, you should be able to trust him.
[ ] ... Maybe Hina could keep an eye on him if she doesn't mind.

-And-

[ ] Aya can introduce you to whoever she wants.
[ ] There's Suika! And who's that she's drinking with?


>"Adahn, pleased to meet you."

How many times is that now?
>> No. 67542
[x] Let Clay do what he wants, you should be able to trust him.
[x] Aya can introduce you to whoever she wants.
[x] Try looking for that Sanae.
The slut^H^H^H^H other shrine maiden might have stuff we might want to hear. Perhaps.
>> No. 67543
[x] Let Clay do what he wants, you should be able to trust him.
[x] Aya can introduce you to whoever she wants.
[x] Try looking for that Sanae.
>> No. 67544
[x] Let Clay do what he wants, you should be able to trust him.
[x] Aya can introduce you to whoever she wants.
[x] Try looking for that Sanae.
>> No. 67545
>>67542

[s], motherfucker, learn to use it.
>> No. 67547
[x] Let Clay do what he wants, you should be able to trust him.
[x] Aya can introduce you to whoever she wants.
[x] Try looking for that Sanae.
>> No. 67551
[x] Let Clay do what he wants, you should be able to trust him.
[x] Aya can introduce you to whoever she wants.
[x] Try looking for that Sanae.
>> No. 67561
>>67541
I'm pretty sure that was the last time needed.

I guess we get to create a youkai. Let's stay the hell away from any bars.
>> No. 67566
[x] Let Clay do what he wants, you should be able to trust him.
[x] Aya can introduce you to whoever she wants.
[x] Oh, Remilia is here with Flandre and Sakuya, she'd probably love to talk with you.
>> No. 67569
[x] Let Clay do what he wants, you should be able to trust him.
[x] Aya can introduce you to whoever she wants.
[x] Try looking for that Sanae while Aya leads you around.

Getting publicity for yourself and Hina as her shrine maiden is probably the best use of your time, but also important is seeing Sanae, so you can learn what being a shrine maiden is all about.
>> No. 67570
>Done with him, she looks at Momizi. "Hey, would you mind borrowing Adahn to me for a bit?"
>"Eh?" She looks at Aya questioningly and then quickly lets go of your hand. "Why?"
Wait, are we leaving Momizi behind? She's our bodyguard, right?
>> No. 67571
>>67570 raises a good point.

[x] Let Clay do what he wants, you should be able to trust him.
[x] Shouldn't Momiji accompany you? She's your bodyguard, after all.
[x] Aya can introduce you to whoever she wants.
[x] Try looking for Sanae while Aya leads you around.

>[ ] Ran is here, but there's no sight of Yukari. What's up?
It can't hurt to inquire about our benefactor's whereabouts.

>[ ] Oh, Remilia is here with Flandre and Sakuya, she'd probably love to talk with you.
We can talk to them afterwards. Right?

>[ ] There's Suika! And who's that she's drinking with?
>[ ] Walk around, you should check the stalls.
Do these together, last.
>> No. 67572
>>67570

Maybe she wants to talk to us alone? Maybe give us some relationship advice?

Whatever it is, she's not going to be putting us in danger, and if it's something Momizi should know, we can simply tell her afterwards.
>> No. 67587
Did we miss a chance to be Kanako's Shrine Maiden? Damn, well at least there's no conflict with Sanae this way.
>> No. 67590
File 122670612573.jpg - (113.87KB , 618x850 , moriyagd8.jpg ) [iqdb]
67590
>Did we miss a chance to be Kanako's Shrine Maiden?

We couldn't possibly take her mum away. She's already been separated from her real mother!

>*Scorn*!!D4MGD0ZwZl

... but I think it has potential!
>> No. 67726
>>67590
Scorn would probably just do Mother/Daughter incest. Or Kanako brainwashing Sanae into believing that by breaking her mentally with something /d/ involved.
>> No. 67734
>[X] Keep an eye on him, Take Clay with you.

Bodyguard.
>[X] Oh, Remilia is here with Flandre and Sakuya, she'd probably love to talk with you.

Hina needs shrine.
>[X] Try looking for that Sanae.

Adahn needs training.
>> No. 67736
>>67726
>Or Kanako brainwashing Sanae into believing that by breaking her mentally with something /d/ involved.
Fund it!
>> No. 67904
"Sounds great!" You smile and step forward. "If somebody wants to meet me, why not?"
"Oh, that's nice! Good attitude there!" Aya gives you thumbs up and takes your hand. "Let's go, then!"
"Aya...?" Momizi fidgets, about to grab your hand again. "I can't come with you?"
"Oh." Aya turns to Momizi and waves her hand in front of her. "Nonono, that wouldn't do. You really don't want to be there, it'll be boring. And..." She grins mischievously. "Do you want everybody to see it?"
"Aaah-No!" Quickly she retracts her hand. "Y-you can just take her! Don't take long!"
"Momizi, is everything alright?" You reach for her, but she steps back shaking her head.
"Yes, it's fine!"
You're not really that convinced about that, but if she says it, then...
"See, it's fine!" Aya smiles and starts pulling you away. After taking few steps she stops. Then she repeats, and turns to look behind you at Clay. "Why are you following us?"
"You ask that?" He shrugs. "I have to keep an eye on Adahn. Really, who knows what you're going to do to her?"
Aya frowns, and then speaks slowly. "Listen, I'm only going to introduce her to few people. It's not going to take long, so just calm down?"
"Uhm, Clay..." You look at him yourself. This isn't him being concerned about you, it's just him doing his duty. At least you hope it is. "Really, you can stay behind. Do what you want."
"And I say, I can't do that. I have to make sure nothing happens to you."
"Clay." Calmly speaking to him you manage to get his attention. "Listen. When I walk somewhere with Aya, you will stay here." You really wish he'd listen to you otherwise, but... you always have to order him. "Do anything you want, but don't start trouble."
He goes quiet and like before, backs down. "...Fine."
"Good." You nod to yourself.
"Don't worry Clay." Hina steps forward and looks into his eyes. "You can come with us. I'm going to check the stalls with Momizi."
"Eh, we're-" Momizi sees Hina giving her stern look and turns her to ground. "Yeah, it's alright."
"Right! See you guys!" Aya waves behind her while dragging you off. Looking over your shoulder you see Hina happily talking to other two, who are completely quiet. Neither Momizi or Clay look very happy with this.

"So... Aya?" You try to speak to her while she's dragging you through the crowd, some of them giving you funny looks. "Who are you these people?"
"Hmm?" She continues walking forward but speaks. "Those two over there by fish-stand are Youmu Konpaku and Yuyuko Saigyouji, and those four over-"
"No, I mean the people who want to talk with me!"
"Oh!" She grins at you, still leading you through sea of people. "I'm sure you'll like her, don't worry."
"...Okay then. Do you know where Sanae is?"
"Do you want to talk with her?" She smiles to you, and you pass a crowd of small girls with bug-like wings.
You nod. "Yeah."
"I see. I don't know where she is, but I guess we can look for her later."
"Uh, alright..." Well, that didn't answer anything. You decide to just be quiet and let her lead you.

--------------------------------

"...Suika?"
You honestly didn't expect her to lead you here. Suika is drinking and sitting on top of a rock on the side of the shrine accompanied with blonde haired girl in white shirt who has single horn sticking out of her forehead.
"Haha! You're here too Adahn!" Noting you she jumps down and takes your hand. "Come on, drink with uus~!" The slight unsteadiness in her voice and movements tells you that she's been drinking herself quite a lot already. "There's sooo~ much we can talk about!"
"I don't know..." You're not one to turn down a good opportunity drink, but was this it? With questioning look you turn to Aya.
Aya just grins. "Oh, it wasn't her, you two are familiar already, hmm?" She turns to look at other girl, lying on the rock, now curiously eyeing you.
"Oh wow, so you've really met her..." She speaks in amused, but little tired voice.
"Hey! You mean you doubted my Bunbunmaru news?!" She's let go of your hand, and now looks at the one-horned woman angrily.
"Heh, sorry Aya." When she jumps down, you see that the girl is very much a woman. Her figure is, well... Complete opposite to Suika. She just smiles and pats Aya's head. "It's just that you've printed few things that are as out there as this."
"Hmph!" Aya frowns, crossing her arms. "Everything in Bunbunmaru news is based on careful research and facts!"
"Yeah yeah." She just grins wider and ruffles her hair. "Let's leave it at that. Now..." She turns to you, and speaks boastfully. "Human, I am Yuugi Hoshiguma, the Deva of the Mountain!" She's trying to hold back laughter, and waits for you.
Well, if she wants something... You give a fancy bow, lifting one of your hands in the air with a spin, and speak. "I'm Adahn, Lady of Pain~"

Ting. At that moment, something sounds in your head. Something happened, you know it.

"HAHAHAAAA!" Yuugi laughs, holding the rock for balance. "That's great!"
"Nyahahaha!" Suika leans back one the rock, also laughing. "I told you she was!"
You feel Aya tugging you sleeve. She gives you a confused look. "Lady of Pain?"
Oh, there's no way you'd explain where that originally came from. "...I'm going to be Hina's shrine-maiden. And doesn't it sound neat?"
"Lady of Pain..." She says it again, trying the feel of it. "...I guess so."

"Hah-haaa..." After calming herself, Yuugi stands straight, smiling friendly. "Well, glad to meet you Adahn. Listen, I got something I wanted to ask you."
You can't help but to like her carefree manner, so you smile as you respond. "Alright, what is it?"
"Heh, so..." She giggles, and then continues. "Did you really drink with Suika for the evening in the day you came here?"
"Huh? Yes I did, is it weird?"
"Is it weird?! HAHAHAHAaa!" She burst into laughter again, this time grabbing Aya who's sternly standing next to you. "Hahaha..! Really! Human, drinking with oni...! Ahahahaa!"
"But, Yuugi." Suika tugs her sleeve, and manages to her her attention. "We really did drink. She kept up with me really well too."
"...Ahahaa?" She gives one last confused laughter, and then focuses on you. "Really?"
"Yeah."
"No way." She stands completely straight, now appearing clearly taller than you. She looks completely serious. "Human could never drink with oni. That's impossible."

[ ] She's right, you could never drink with oni, hahaha!
[ ] Oh yeah? We'll see about that!
[ ] ...Maybe something has gone somehow wrong somewhere.
>> No. 67905
[ ] Oh yeah? We'll see about that!
>> No. 67908
[X] ...Maybe something has gone somehow wrong somewhere.

Now is not the time to be drinking.
>> No. 67909
[ ] Oh yeah? We'll see about that!

>I'm Adahn, Lady of Pain

Oh shi
>> No. 67911
>Ting. At that moment, something sounds in your head. Something happened, you know it.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 67946
>Well, if she wants something... You give a fancy bow, lifting one of your hands in the air with a spin, and speak. "I'm Adahn, Lady of Pain~"

>Ting. At that moment, something sounds in your head. Something happened, you know it.


Oh great.
>> No. 67948
[X] ...Maybe something has gone somehow wrong somewhere.
>> No. 67949
[x] ...Maybe something has gone somehow wrong somewhere.

Press -Select- for ATE?
>> No. 67950
[x] ...Maybe something has gone somehow wrong somewhere.
>> No. 67951
[x] ...Maybe something has gone somehow wrong somewhere.
>> No. 67952
[Ö] ...Maybe something has gone somehow wrong somewhere.
>> No. 67954
Wow, we wasted the chance of meeting Remilia like originally planned to meet Yuugi? Shit sucks.

[x] ...Maybe something has gone somehow wrong somewhere.
>> No. 67996
I don't know if I should look forward to this next update.
>> No. 68011
>Ting. At that moment, something sounds in your head. Something happened, you know it.
oh fuck.

[X] ...Maybe something has gone somehow wrong somewhere.
>> No. 68051
>>67954
We do need to keep building our network of Gensokyo contacts. Not sure what niche Yuugi serves in this, but having friends in Hell can be a good thing. Probably not the best time for oni-drinking, though, I agree with that sentiment ...
>> No. 68053
>>68051

Also, who's to say the festival immediately ends after seeing two groups of people?
>> No. 68056
>>68051

But Satori is nowhere to be found, and she is the important one to meet. What Adahn really needs, is to build that goddamned shrine for Hina, and that was what we had planned to do by interacting with Remilia! That, and we promised to meet her and Flandre on the festival.

To my eyes, meeting only Yuugi is not worth the price.
>> No. 68062
>>68056

We can always meet the Scarlets later, when we have Momizi at our side. In fact, I'd recommend waiting until then, if only as insurance.
>> No. 68065
>>68053

Worried about this >>67529

So yeah, maybe it will.
>> No. 68081
Maybe Other Adahn can be the Player 2 miko.
>> No. 68108
[x] ...Maybe something has gone somehow wrong somewhere.
[x] Be modest. "It's true that I held out for a while, but I certainly don't think I could beat an oni at drinking."
[x] "I think something's come up, though. Will you excuse me?" Take Aya aside and ask who she wanted you to go meet, next.
(If it's Sanae)
- [x] Sure, let's go.
(Otherwise)
- [x] You really wanted to talk to Sanae, so it's probably best to go meet with her before the evening goes on much longer. Besides, you have an uneasy feeling about something.

We didn't beat Suika, did we? We couldn't have.

Anyway, if something DOES go wrong, Aya mentioning your sudden misgivings out of the blue in the article she will no doubt write afterwards might go a little way towards increasing belief/faith in Adahn's abilities as Hina's new miko.

>>67954
Truth.
>> No. 68110
>>68056
Wait, it was Remilia for shrine-building?

If someone can back this up and provide post numbers, then change all instances of "Sanae" in >>68108 to "Remilia," I suppose.
>> No. 68111
>"Uh, you look pretty young. Should you really be drinking?" Well, it looks like she's drunk. You can't help but to wonder if it is alright for girl of that age. Suika replies with cheerful laughter.
>"HAHAHAHAA! Don' worry about it, don' worry about it! I'm older than I look!"
>The other girl seems to be amused by this. "You're interesting person. Would you like to stay and drink with us?"

>"Come on, drink. We've been going at this for a while, and I'd like to see how much you can take."
>You take a sip at the sake, and are surprised at the flavour. It's not really as bitter as you expected, and the taste of alcohol isn't that strong. But it's good.
>"Tastes pretty nice, huh?" Mima is inspecting your reaction, and seems satisfied.

>You continue to talk about menial thing, like how the local miko is total slacker and shrine not getting nearly any regular visitors.

>You go back to your conversation, but after a while you hear sound of crows and... Large wings flapping? It's getting closer.
>"Ah, great. Here she comes again." Mima gets up and turns to the Shrine's door.

>"Her name's Adahn! She came to have a look at the shrine!" Suika seems to be happy to act important. Is she always like this, or is it because she's drunk?

>Reimu finally gives in, and walks inside with Aya.
>Suika, with her chaser gone, goes back to drink on the porch. You decide to join her, no use standing around doing nothing.
>You sit on the porch of the shrine while chatting with Suika. The view of the sun-set is perfect, and it's unlike anything you've seen before. Soon Aya comes from inside with Reimu.

Then we took off with Aya, that was the last we saw of Suika until now.
>> No. 68113
>>68110

Yeah, we discussed about that. Apparently, there is a huge curse in the Scarlet Mansion, and having Hina dispell it as a trade for a shrine soon came up, IIRC. After some threats and discussion, Adahn 'made sure to make Remilia take Flandre to the festival, where they would talk some more', or something.

But apparently, people forgot that. And now we've met another drunk oni. Great.
>> No. 68114
Start of the story, before the shrine:
>You walk out from pub with your friends, just slightly pissed. Yeah, it was a nice night, although you're not sure if you can remember all of it tomorrow.
>While staggering towards your home you bump into one of your friends, almost pushing him to the street, after which you somehow lose your footing and go down. Damn it, did you fall in a manhole or what?

>Is that a kitsune? The other woman has many tails, and hat that looks like it hides fox-ears under it. You are pretty sure that you're not drunk enough to see stuff like this.

After Aya takes us home:
>This makes you realize that it's been a while since you last ate anything. Also...
>You reek of alcohol.
>"Is there a bath here?" You yell at Aya, who peeks her head out of the kitchen smiling.
>"Yep, this house was built next to a hot-spring, so it's great! Do you want to go now?"
>"Well, I've been drinking pretty much, so it should be refreshing." You get up.

Much later, bathing with Momi:
>She gets back to you, and sets cups and bottles down to the floor next to bath. "I'm not exactly sure what you'd like to have, so I bought these two." She picks up the smaller bottle. "I think this is what humans down at the village usually drink, are you familiar with it?"
>Hmm... Is that the stuff you had at Reimu's shrine? "Yeah, I think so."
>She nods, and sets the bottle down, picking up the other one. "Alright, this is what I usually drink with Aya, but it might be kind of strong..."

>Back on the outside world you had really good head for alcohol, so trying that other drink might be interesting, but... From what you saw during training, Momizi's endurance and strength are much more than that of a human. So her tolerance should be something equally inhuman too.
>"I'll just have the normal stuff, thanks for bringing it.

>The bath goes on like this, with you and Momizi drinking while discussing mostly meaningless things, like how often the baths are used, what you think of the people living in Gensokyo and what you like to drink usually. Momizi seems to enjoy herself, and so do you.
>But after a while the matters to talk about end and it gets quiet. You feel a bit light-headed and look at Momizi tells you that alcohol has had it's effects on her too. She's smiling with her eyes half-way closed and face slightly red.

Aya's article:
>Although it has been reported that she is a human, she kept drinking with the ghost and oni living there for several hours.
>This of course, is beyond human abilities. It is highly possible that somebody, or something, messed with her tolerance.
>"She wuz' incredible! I dun' really remember what we talked 'bout, but it was fun! Nyahahahaa!" (Suika Ibuki)
>> No. 68116
Wow, it appears Adahn could be best buddies with an oni.
>> No. 68564
Something happened, you're sure of it. So this wouldn't really be the best time to drink.
"Sorry Yuugi." You bow your head and turn away. "Let's settle this later, alright?"
"Wh-what?! You're just going to walk out like that?!" She stomps her foot to the ground frowning. "After what those two said you're doing this?!"
"Hey!" Aya steps forward with her arms crossed. "Don't you blame me!"
"Yeah!" Suika follows Aya's gesture. "Don't blame me!"
"Then I'll blame her!" Yuugi points at you, and quickly takes another gulp of sake. "Defend your honor, challenge me!"
"Maybe some other time?" You turn to Aya and cock your head to side. "Let's continue, alright?"
She smiles and nods. "Yeah, let's."
"I'll get you!" As you start walking away Yuugi shakes her fist in a comical manner at you. "There is no way you could beat me! Or Suika! Or both of us together! Or...!"
You silently thank the heaves that she didn't decide to follow you.

"You did that well. If you started drinking with them now, there wouldn't be end to it. Well, at least until you passed out. Now, next..." Aya stops walking and then continues again, leading you by hand. "They should arrive soon."
While being dragged in to the crowd you speak. "Aya, who else are you going to introduce me to?"
She looks over her shoulder with a slight frown. "Eh? You really want to know?" She sounds disappointed.
"Yes, please."
"Alright, there's a scholar and a teacher from the human village, and there's also some people from Eientei. I think you already met Eirin?"
"Eirin...? Yeah, I guess so." That name does ring a bell. "...But would it be okay if we get did that later?"
She thinks for a moment before answering. "Hmm... I guess that's fine." She then shakes her finger at you. "But you'll have to promise to come with me later again!"
"I'll promise. Now, let's go to stalls."

"So..." As you're walking back to others, Aya starts speaking behind you. "I take it you and Momizi are an item now?"
"Wha-" You stop and look at her. "Wh-why are you asking so suddenly? And here?!"
"Come on!" She grins, stepping forwards. "It's pretty obvious, isn't it?"
"If it's so obvious, why are even you asking?!" You try to turn away, but Aya grabs your shoulder.
"Just say if it's so! I'd like to talk about something."
After looking at her for a moment, you sigh. She seems pretty honest. "...Yes, we are together."

"That's good." She nods, still holding to your shoulder. "You love her?"
You might as well answer to make her shut up. "Yes, but... Why are you asking this?"
"I'd just like to tell you something in advance." She lets go of your shoulder and crosses her arms. "Being with her might not be as simple as you'd think."
"What do you mean?"
"Hmm, she knows that you love her, and that lots of other people care for her too. Many people have looked after her, so don't you want to too?"
"Yes..?" Does she even have to ask? Anybody would want to protect the one they love.
"Now, it's not that simple. I don't think she likes that too much."
"Uhm, why do you say that?"
"She's a strong girl, both physically and mentally, so I think that all the care she's gotten has... Started to get on her nerves." Aya sighs and looks to up to the sky. "I noticed it bit after she got assigned to work under me. You could say I was somewhat overprotective of her, and she..." She swallows, and stops.
"What happened?" You can't imagine Momizi doing anything too bad, but Aya makes it sound...
"Well, eh, the details aren't that important." She looks back to you grinning. "But she got really angry. You wouldn't want to see her like that."
What she said was interesting, but it didn't tell you much. "So, what did you want to say?"
She looks a bit annoyed for a moment, then cheers up again. "Aside from this? Yes, I think what she wants is... Somebody to protect." She continues walking again, and you follow her lead. "I could be wrong, but you shouldn't shelter her too hard."
"I'll keep that in mind." It's a good thing she told you that, but it's not like you think of Momizi as a kid or anything...

"Ah!" There's a surprised voice from behind you, and just like others around you, you turn to it.

Running towards you there is a girl with deep red eyes and white hair set in a ponytail, dressed in plain looking clothes with big sleeves. She looks incredibly relived to see you, yet you're sure you've never seen her before.
"'Bout time you showed up, I thought I'd have to wait for you here forever!" She smiles despite speaking in somewhat annoyed tone.
"Uh, hi?" You take her extended hand and she gives you a firm shake. "...Do I know you?"
"Why, yes!" She tilts her head to side, peering her eye. "Although I don't remember everything about you, but..." Her voice fades off as she frowns in thought.
"Maybe you could..." Aya steps in, smiling like usual. "You could tell us your name? That might help."
"Ah, yes!" The girl brings her hands together in realization and then grins. "I'm Adahn, and you are...?"
"Aah-hah..." In surprise Aya bows her head and keeps it down a while. She then looks back up to the... Adahn, and introduces herself. "Aya Shameimaru. Are you friends with her, or...?" She gives you a long look.
Even now she's doing much better job at hiding her confusion than you. You really have no idea what's going on, this could be just a coincidence but... You're sure you haven't ever seen anybody like her.
"Yes!" This doesn't seem to bother Adahn, as she just answers cheerfully. "We're friends, and quite good ones at that! ...I think? Well, I certainly don't recognize anybody else here... wherever this is." Adahn herself doesn't seem to be that sure about her situation either.

"Master!" Another voice, although this time you recognize it. Looking to the right you see Clay approaching you, followed by Momizi and Hina. When he gets to you he sighs, and takes hold of your shoulders. "You're alright... Listen, just a moment ago there was somethi-" Noticing Adahn he stops. "...Who's this?"
Holding your head you take a step back. You really have no idea how he's going to take this. "Clay, this is... Adahn."
"Ada-" He looks at her again, and then at you. "No, who is she?"
Clay's behavior doesn't seem to bother her, as she just smiles happily examining him. "Ooh, so he's the one you told me about... I see, I see."
He frowns and looks into your eyes, speaking slowly. "What?"

[ ] Go along with this, Clay should shut up.
[ ] You really have no idea, she must have the wrong person. Leave her.
[ ] Explain the situation to her, maybe she can figure it out.
>> No. 68565
Wait, what?
>> No. 68566
[ODIN] Ask her about your stuff, but be sure to make her check her left sleeve. And by the way, you should ask about that magic item as well.

Probably won't win, but this still had to be done.
>> No. 68571
[X] Explain the situation to her, maybe she can figure it out.

Now, excuse me, Adahn, honey, dear, but... I really have no idea who you are.
>> No. 68572
>>68564
... I re-read the last two paragraphs of this post four times and I'm still just as lost. Assuming the neutral route:

[x] Explain the situation to her, maybe she can figure it out.
>> No. 68573
Oh, it's Adahn.

Can Adahn and Adahn be friends?
>> No. 68574
[X] Go along with this, Clay should shut up.
[X] Ask her about your stuff, but be sure to make her check her left sleeve. And by the way, you should ask about that magic item as well.

Don't tell me you people have forgotten.
>> No. 68575
[X] "You heard her: this is Adahn. She's an old friend from the outside; we actually became friends because we both have the same name, and it's really rare! But I certainly didn't expect to find her here in Gensokyo of all places!"
[X] Hug the Adahn.

If we say it often enough...
>> No. 68579
>[ ] Rape Adahn

[X] Go along with this, Clay should shut up.
[X] Ask her about your stuff, but be sure to make her check her left sleeve. And by the way, you should ask about that magic item as well.
>> No. 68583
[X] Go along with this, Clay should shut up.
[X] Ask her about your stuff, but be sure to make her check her left sleeve. And by the way, you should ask about that magic item as well.
>> No. 68586
[X] Go along with this, Clay should shut up.
[X] Ask her about your stuff, but be sure to make her check her left sleeve. And by the way, you should ask about that magic item as well
>> No. 68587
[X] Go along with this, Clay should shut up.
[X] Ask her about your stuff, but be sure to make her check her left sleeve. And by the way, you should ask about that magic item as well.
>> No. 68588
[X] Go along with this, Clay should shut up.
[X] Ask her about your stuff, but be sure to make her check her left sleeve. And by the way, you should ask about that magic item as well.

Bandwagon. But what's in the left sleeve? And what magic item?
>> No. 68590
>>68588
I have no idea.

[X] Go along with this, Clay should shut up.
[X] Ask her about your stuff, but be sure to make her check her left sleeve. And by the way, you should ask about that magic item as well.
>> No. 68605
[X] Go along with this, Clay should shut up.
[X] Ask her about your stuff, but be sure to make her check her left sleeve. And by the way, you should ask about that magic item as well.
>> No. 68608
This Adahn won't disappear if she gives us the dagger, right?
>> No. 68662
[X] Go along with this, Clay should shut up.
[X] Ask her about your stuff, but be sure to make her check her left sleeve. And by the way, you should ask about that magic item as well.
>> No. 68979
>>68608
From what I read, in the game Adahn only disappears if you tell him that you made him up. Of course, you also talk to him alone, so I'm not sure how this is going to go.
>> No. 68984
So, like, after 17 threads I've finally decided to ask what is the reference in 'Adahn, The Lady of Pain' and this deal with saying her name and dieing.
>> No. 68995
>So, like, after 17 threads I've finally decided to ask what is the reference in 'Adahn, The Lady of Pain' and this deal with saying her name
You should google it.

>and dieing.
Lol, no idea.
>> No. 69317
Updates?
>> No. 69482
Few posts ago when the wallet was mentioned I got the amount of cash wrong. There are five 1,000 yen bills. Or wait, I didn't get it wrong, Adahn got it wrong because she hadn't even thought of money since that time at yakitori stand. Yeah.
=============================
"Hahaha, no, he's not the one." You smile, and try to keep up with her. "Although I see why you would think that."
Clay frowns, and continues staring at you. "Really, just what is this A-ch!"
Discreetly you kicked his leg. "I'm sorry for not telling you about her earlier, really!" You turn to look at Hina and Momizi. "I hope you won't think anything weird about this!"
"Ah, sure...?" Momizi tilts her head in confusion. It really seems that nobody has any idea what's going on.
"Right..." Clay goes along, rubbing his leg.
"So." You turn back to look at the other Adahn, still eyeing around her confused. "What brings you here of all places."
"Well, uh..." She frowns. "I just figured this would be a good time for meeting again, and I've something got for you… at least I think so."
"What is it?"
"I'm... Not too sure about it?" She digs her pockets and frowns again. "Pockets filled with nonsense, can't find anything..." She scratches her head. "Maybe..." She pulls back her sleeves, first the left one, then one on right, and then lets both of them fall back down, sighing.

"Why don't you check the left sleeve again? I think it might be there."
"Really?" She pulls back the left sleeve again, and this time package appears to be tied around her wrist. Smiling in relief she unties it and hands it to you. "To you, friend. A... Thanks of sorts, yes!"
"Thanks." You're suprised that worked. She waits for your reaction as you study the package. It's simple, small rough bag made of brown paper, held together by a rope. Something makes a clinging sound inside it as you pocket it. "Really, I appreciate it, but..." You think for a moment, and then sigh. No reason not to try it. "Didn't I give you something to hold onto for me?"
For a moments she just looks at you confused, but then smiles as she snaps her fingers. "Yes, yes you did, wait a moment..." Rumbling through pockets of her weary pants she bites her lower lip. "Gosh, I just wish I didn't misplace it whe- Ah!" She pulls out dark brown wallet. "Here! It's just as fine as before, or who knows, maybe even better!"
"I'm sure it is...?" You heart skips a beat when you open the wallet. It's yours. Everything inside is just like when you last saw it, the old driver's license with your name and picture on it, some spare change, a button and...
Huh. Looks like two 5,000 yen bills replaced that old gift card. Now that you see the money like this you... Feel kind of annoyed that you missed out on using the card. But it's better like this, right?
So, all you have put together makes about 15,460 yen. Probably.

"Is everything alright?" You look back up from you wallet, and see Adahn peering your face, with her head tilted to side.
"Ah-haha! Yes, everything is fine, say..." Quickly you push the wallet into your pocket and try changing the subject. "What about that enchanted item you wanted to give me?"
"Enchanted... item?" She looks puzzled for a moment, then giggles and covers her mouth with her hand, hiding her smile. "Oh, you're such a joker! But you're right, there was that, thanks for reminding me." She reaches into her right sleeve and pulls out a lump that you immediately recognize as your Swiss Army knife, and she hands it to yo while grinning. "Here you are. It really is a wonder how they make these, so I guess they might be just a bit enchanted, eh?"
"Hmm." Yep, it's the same old knife, except it seems to have gained light purple tint. You're not very sure what to make of that.

Looking back up from your gift you half-expect Adahn to be gone, but she's still standing in her place. You pocket the knife and smile to her. "Yes, I guess so. Thank you for everything."
"You're welcome! Now, if you'll excuse me..." She turns towards the crowd, ready to leave.
"You're leaving already?" Aya grabbed her hand, and keeps her from walking away. "Why don't you stick along for a bit? We could talk, maybe introduce you to some people..."
"Y-yeah!" Momizi stepped forward too, and is now looking at visibly more stressed Adahn into eyes. "You could tell how you know each other, and well... Everything!" Her idea makes you bit worried. If it's like you think, Adahn shouldn't have a single memory before this moment, aside from whatever she associated with those items.
Thankfully you don't have to worry about that, as she pulls free from Aya's hold, still maintaining that smile. "That sounds great, but I'm sorry. I still have to take care of fe-KYyyaaaaAAAAH?!"
A gap, like the one you saw when you first got here appeared under her. You instinctively take a step back to avoid falling yourself, and manage to push Aya back too, leaving Adahn to fall into it.

The moment she's gone the gap disappears, and it's like nobody was there. You're leaning back to Aya and she is keeping you from falling over along with Momizi. Clay's eyes have widened, and he's taken a stance, ready to dash to you. Only Hina seems somewhat calm, although her eyes fail her. She was definitely suprised.
And now almost everybody around you is looking at your group, or the empty spot in the ground that you're staring at.
"Uhm..." Momizi tries to say something, but doesn't get anything out.
Pushing yourself up you make one thing clear. "I have no idea."
"...I figured as much." Clay stands up, brushing his pants for a bit. "I guess you didn't know she was a youkai?"
"Uh-wha... Really?"
"Yep." He kicks one of the stones on the ground, about in the middle of the gap that was there and then looks back to you. "You honestly didn't know her?" You shake you head and he looks back to the ground. "Well, that was weird."
"Really weird." Aya breathes out and taps her feet on the ground. "I guess Yukari really is keeping an eye over you."
"But why did she work so visibly now?" Momizi stands straight too, still holding to you. "That doesn't make sense at all."
"It really doesn't." Aya sighs again, and raises into air, looking over sea of people. "I can't tell what goes on her head at all... But hey, I think it's starting now!"
You turn to look at same direction as Aya, and see that somebody is walking to small stage set in front of the shrine. A girl with green hair in blue and white clothes.
"That's Sanae!" Momizi speaks excited, wagging her tail, and then gives you a concerned look. "Can you see well enough? Should I lift you?"
"Ah, it's fine, really." The thought is nice, but being carried by her in the middle of everyone isn't really something you'd be ready for.

-EEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-

Loud noise goes through air, but dies down quickly. Momizi, like some other people, covered her hears with her hands.
"Uuh, I'm sorry about that..." Embraced voice of a girl rings through the grounds. You didn't think expect to see well-set sound system in here. "First of, I'd like to welcome you all to first annual Moriya-shrine festival."
Yells of cheers and clapping comes from crowd, which Sanae manages to calm down after a bit waving her hands.
"T-thank you, everyone!" She speaks fast, but coughs and then calms down again. "Now, I'd like to formally welcome some people here..."

[ ] Go through the stuff you got in more detail.
[ ] Just listen to Sanae.
[ ] Walk through the crowd. Maybe you can find something?
======================
I started writing non-canon scene for you but then quit half-way becuase I drank too much. But appearently it's nice enough, so I'll give it as extra treat later.
>> No. 69483
[ ] Just listen to Sanae.
>> No. 69484
[x] Just listen to Sanae.

It would have been amusing explaining "Adahn" to them.
>> No. 69485
>>69482
[x] Just listen to Sanae.
>> No. 69487
[x] Go through the stuff you got in more detail.

Huh. Maybe Hina or Clay can explain if our knife got some youkai juices on it or something.

Poor Youkai Adahn. I wonder what Yukari's going to do to her. Hopefully we won't have to fight her a la Lucas vs Masked Man.
>> No. 69489
>>69487

>Lucas vs Masked Man

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 69490
>>69487

GODDAMN IT NO.

We already went searching for a dragon with Snake. I for one do not want to have to go around Gensokyo looking for the fucking pins again just to kill everything.
>> No. 69492
We should get an alternate CYOA after this where we play as Youkai Adahn trying to figure out her purpose in life.
>> No. 69493
>>69492

Her only purpose is to adhere to the real Adahn's lies.
>> No. 69495
>>69493

Well then, we should play an alternate CYOA where she tries to find a new purpose for herself.
>> No. 69501
>>I wonder what Yukari's going to do to her.

I wouldn't worry about it. Yukari probably just manipulated the border between Truth and Lies, or Imagination and Reality or something similar. Now that the copy has served her purpose, she will probably just return to her original, non-real state.
>> No. 69503
>>69501
>Now that the copy has served her purpose, she will probably just return to her original, non-real state.

So she sacrificed her own existence to help us out in the end.

Manly tears.

Actually, make that little bitch tears.
>> No. 69533
CLONE LOST.

A VIRGIN LONGER ADAHN REMAINS.

THAT IS OH MY GOD.
>> No. 69579
[x] Just listen to Sanae.
>> No. 69581
[x] Just listen to Sanae.
>> No. 69619
[ ] Walk through the crowd. Maybe you can find someone? Like, Remilia!

I want my motherfucking shrine, damnit!
>> No. 69620
[x] Just listen to Sanae
>> No. 69621
[X] Just listen to Sanae.

Important to observe a priestess in action.
>> No. 69641
>Poor Youkai Adahn. I wonder what Yukari's going to do to her.
Keep her as a plaything.
>> No. 69645
File 122765976324.png - (239.67KB , 1280x810 , hooray.png ) [iqdb]
69645
[X] Hooray
>> No. 69662
>>69501
>she will probably just return to her original, non-real state.

But wouldn't that erase the items? I like to think that Yukari set her up in a quiet little corner of Gensokyo where no one ever goes to live out a mundane and peaceful life.

[ ] Just listen to Sanae.
>> No. 69663
>>69662
Like Jane, right?
>> No. 69664
>>69663
orz

Maybe I'll let you visit her grave or something...
>> No. 69676
Wait...what?

How did Youkai Adahn even get conceived?
>> No. 69683
>>69676

Yukari gapped one of Adahn's eggs into her own womb. She got pregnant, and then used a combination of Eirin's shady new drug and magic to give birth to a fully grown Youkai Adahn.

Now that Adahn knows of this, she's going to have to take Yukari to court over who gets custody of the child.

The name "Adahn", as well as all the talks about what happens when you mention that name a lot of times, are a reference to Planescape: Torment.
>> No. 69684
>>69683

Ah I see.

Now the Lady of Pain is a different story, surprised no one is freaking out over that.
>> No. 69703
>>69683
I misread that as "Now she'll have to court Yukari"
>> No. 69705
>>69703

Well shit, that's even better.

Helps that Yukari has a thing for mikos.
>> No. 69706
>>69703
A shotgun wedding is fine too
>> No. 69858
Updates?
>> No. 69991
ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 70036
Update already you worthless drunk finn.
>> No. 70038
File 12280825877.png - (232.99KB , 500x500 , Moemizi.png ) [iqdb]
70038
Doing anything else now would be silly, and you're interested in how she'll manage this.
Bracing herself, she starts. "First the eternally red new moon, world of crimson, scarlet devil, Remilia Scarlet!" Following the list of titles Remilia rises into air and slowly spins with her arms extended, and light wave of applauds flows through crowd. She's bit closer to the stage from where you are standing. Sanae waits until she's done and then continues. "She's here today with Sakuya Izayoi, Patchouli Knowledge and, hmm..." She pauses, looking through the crowd, after which she speaks in somewhat unsure tone. "...Is Flandre Scarlet is here today too?"
"Yes yes! Here, here!" Cheerful voice goes through the shrine grounds as Flandre jumps into air, waving her hands wildly. "I'm here!"
"...I see." Sighing, Sanae shakes her her. "I believe that's everybody from the Mansion. Now, from Hakugyokurou here are Yuyuko Saigyouji, the princess of the netherworld and her gardener Youmu Konpaku. Also, Prismriver sisters are currently preparing for their performance later. I hope you'll enjoy it!"
Nobody raises into air this time but the reaction of the crowd seems more pleased, actually offering few cheers.
"Thank you." Sanae quickly bows her head, and then looks back up smiling. "From Eientei there is princess Kaguya Houraisan and pharmacist Eirin Yagokoro, accompanied by Reisen and Tewi Inaba, and Medicine Melancholy."

In amazement you look at her speak, bringing attention to one person after another, never losing her cool. At the beginning it was like she was scared, but with each passing introduction she seems more and more confident.
"She's pretty incredible, isn't she?" Hina speaks from next to you.
"Yeah..." Not turning to look at her you keep your eyes on Sanae. "Is she always like this?"
"Like how? Polite and proper?" Hina looks at her, and then continues. "Yes, and quite capable too! If Kanako asks her to do something, she will most likely got it done. But I'd still say she's more pleasant to talk to in person."
Just saying that she's capable has to understatement. "What about Reimu?"
"...? What about her?"
"How does she handle things like festivals?" It would be nice to know, even with what you've seen of Sanae Reimu seems totally different.
"Oh, you mean that..." She thinks for a moment and turns to you. "Actually, I can't seem to recall any of the Hakurei festivals during Reimu's time. Momizi?"
As she ponders Momizi brings her hand to her chin. "Uhm-hum, I don't know. Is my memory failing me too, or...?"
"There hasn't been any." Speaking with a hint of smile, Aya continues. "Sure, there has been few parties in there, but Reimu hasn't organized single public festival."
"Really?" You look back to Sanae, now with a slight frown. "That seems awfully lazy of her."
"It's not actually her fault, you should blame the one who decided that the shrine should be built where the border of Gensokyo is the weakest, and that happened to be nearly full day of walking from human village." "People before her have tried to hold festivals there, and they were... Less than successful. I think Reimu figured that it's not worth the trouble."
When Aya says it like that it makes sense. "So... She's doing the right thing?"
Aya nods, and you turn back to look at Sanae.

"...and Utsuho Reiuji, thank you all for coming all the way here tonight! Now last, few people who come from very close..." Momizi suddenly tenses up, and Aya does too, although less noticable. After bit of looking around Sanae continues. "Yes, miss Aya Shameimaru who I think everybody knows and miss Momizi Inubashira, the leader of tengu mountain patrol, also..." Again, her voice fades off. She breathes in deeply, closing her eyes, and then continues, practically beaming. "Adahn, human from outside the border."
"What?" Your eyes widen when you notice that's looking straight at you.
"Yes, the one featured on Bunbunmaru News! She's currently living with miss Shameimaru and Inubashira."
Everybody else around you has turned to you too. "Uhm..." Starting to fidget around look to the ground with a blush creeping to your face, and step bit closer to Momizi.
"I think she also arranged Flandre Scarlet's access here! Let's give her a nice greeting!"
Loud cheers come from the crowd around you. Should you be happy for getting obviously bigger reaction than anybody earlier, or...
"It's alright." Momizi wraps her arm around you, speaking calmly. "She has to be excited about getting somebody to talk with."
You lift your gaze from the ground and see Momizi smiling warmly to you. That's enough to calm you down. "I understand, but... Does she have to bring attention to me like that?" Wrapping your hands around her, you look into her eyes and smile.
"That's just what she does." She runs her hand through your hair and gets bit closer. "You didn't expect something like this...?"
"Hmm, I don't know." She has closed her eyes, and is just standing expectantly. Ready to take the initiative, you repeat your words. "I don't know..."

Just as you're about to kiss her you feel kick on your leg. Annoyed you look right and see Aya grinning widely. "Come on, don't start now."
"What do you- ah." Soon you remember just where you are and end your embrace. Momizi seems to get it too, and goes back to just holding your arm.
"Hey, don't look like that~" Still grinning, Aya leans closer to you. "I'm sure you'll have lots of time later!"

She has a point, but still feeling miffed you look back to stage, and see a blond girl dressed in black walking into front, and taking the microphone. "Hello. I'm Lunasa of Prismriver sisters, the one playing violin. My sisters Merlin and Lyrica will be on trumpet and keyboard. Lady Kanako requested us to perform here tonight and..." She lifts her hands into air, shaking her head. "Who could decline something like that?"
Some people in crowd laugh, and Lunasa smiles.
"Thank you. Now before we start I'd like to talk about something." Her demeanor chances as she crosses her arms and you suddenly sense wave of hostility from her. "Sometimes some people just stand in the dance floor, completely disregarding part of the word, that being dance."
Everybody has gone quiet, just staring at her give the unexpected speech.
"This is a festival. It is perfectly fine if you don't want to look at us perform, but we were asked to play dance-music, so I expect you to move and stretch your limbs instead of just staring like a fool. After all, there is nothing to lose anymore."
She looks around the crowd, and then bows her head. Before grabbing her violin, she says one last thing. "Remember, dancing IS allowed."

Momizi nudges your arm, smiling with a blush. "Uhm, you heard her! You should dance!" Her tail is wagging energetically from side to side. She must really want this.
You smile and nod. "Yes, lead the way please~"
She gives you a quick hug, and then starts walking towards the stage. "I will!"
With her dragging you closer to the performers who're still setting their instruments up, you look around. It seems that everybody's either looking for partners, or moving somewhere else with a good speed.
Except Clay.
He's just standing in the... "dance floor", completely disregarding part of the word, that being the dance.

[ ] He should dance too!
[ ] Just let him do what he wants.
===============================
Yes, sorry about that. I thought about saying bunch of stuff here, but I'll do that later. Yes.
>> No. 70039
>"She's here today with Sakuya Izayoi, Patchouli Knowledge and, hmm..." "Flandre Scarlet is here today too?"
>"I'm here!"
>"...I see." Sighing, Sanae shakes her her. "I believe that's everybody from the Mansion.

Poor Meiling
>> No. 70042
[ ] He should dance too
>> No. 70043
[ ] Just let him do what he wants.
>> No. 70044
[x] He should dance too!

Let's get Yuugi to rape him.
>> No. 70045
[x] He should dance too!
>> No. 70046
[x] Just let him do what he wants.

I still resent him for what he did, even after those terrible 7 minutes.
>> No. 70047
File 122808524187.jpg - (508.92KB , 1600x1500 , 7b3c2a37d8727ed9c64e007e24c23d0aKOA.jpg ) [iqdb]
70047
>>70039
>> No. 70048
[X] Just let him do what he wants.
>> No. 70049
[\!/] He should dance too!

Yuugi and Clay~
>> No. 70050
[x] He should dance too!
>> No. 70051
File 122808656565.jpg - (225.03KB , 512x512 , 120944983762.jpg ) [iqdb]
70051
>>70047
Poor Koakuma, didn't get to snowball fight either.

[x] Just let him do what he wants.
He better not start disco-dancing.
>> No. 70052
File 122808671611.jpg - (158.17KB , 565x800 , dda8c54a355de0674cb2fefbe8764f4e.jpg ) [iqdb]
70052
>>70051

>Clay >disco-dancing.
>disco-dancing Clay
>disco-dancing Clay and Iku
>Iku disco-dancing
>> No. 70053
[x] He should dance too!
>> No. 70054
[x] He should dance too!
[x] With Hina. And if you get any guff, whisper into his ear that the alternative is dancing with Flandre.

That oughta do it.
>> No. 70147
[x] He should dance too!
[x] With Hina. And if you get any guff, whisper into his ear that the alternative is dancing with Flandre.

Beautiful.

Also, I want to see Momiji & Adahn dance the Tengu Tango.
>> No. 70168
[x] He should dance too!
[x] With Hina. And if you get any guff, whisper into his ear that the alternative is dancing with Flandre.
>> No. 70225
>"What about Reimu?"
>"...? What about her?"

What about Reimu?

[x] He should dance too!
[x] With Hina. And if you get any guff, whisper into his ear that the alternative is dancing with Flandre.
>> No. 70306
Alright. So that this won't be like a wall of bricks suddenly appearing in the middle of the road, I'll say it now.
Next update will be the last one of this arc in the story, after that there will be time skip. I thought about this and concluded that out of the possible options this is the best. I generally don't want make you play through next few days(more like I can't come up with anything interesting for you to do.)
After the next update is finished, I'll take a break for about a week to figure what to do with that Crossover story and sort everything out. Yes, after the time-skip there will be some kind of plot in SHaG. If nothing else, it'll be more than what we've had until now.

Another reason why I made a separate post about this is that I almost couldn't come up a with way to wrap this up. Seriously, it was but one post ago that I noticed things wouldn't work like I had planned, and doing that would've taken ages, at least with my current speed. So I had to come up with something different, and that was unexpectedly hard.

...I'll have update up at Tuesday. Sorry about this. And thanks to Kirin.
>> No. 70333
Time skip is fine too.
>> No. 70357
>>70306
Aw, really?

No happy fuzzy warm days with Adahn and Momiji snuggling up close, or scenes of Adahn training to be a miko?

Man, this is the golden stuff right here.

...How much of a timeskip are we talking about, here?
>> No. 70360
>>70306
>>70357

Could we, perhaps, have a montage of sorts? Say, a series of scenes to indicate the timeskip occurring, in which we can enjoy seeing Adahn put through these wonderful experiences, or at least the most poignant of them?
>> No. 70364
>>70360
Seconding this. Happy fuzzy slice of life with happy fuzzy Momizi is this story's high point, I wouldn't mind if you just wrote that and forgot about the rest of this "plot" nonsense.
>> No. 70365
>>70364

>> No. 70384
>>70306

Timeskip? Will we have the chance to talk to Remilia before it?
>> No. 70387
>>70360
A decent compromise.
>> No. 70389
>>70357
I promise that there will be happy calm scenes with Momizi even after the skip, and about miko-training...
>>70360
That actually sounds pretty good. The time skip would end somewhere, maybe few days after the shrine is finished. I admit that original plans included making the story continue for a day or two after festival, but I figured that it would end up being boring. Now, with that larger gap in time there are quite few events in between that could be interesting.
I'll see how I'll handle these.

>>70364
>I wouldn't mind if you just wrote that
I would.
The story will still have very much Momizi, but I have things I can use for plot so I'd be annoyed with myself if I didn't do anything with those. And there has to be some kind of point to everything.
This is not to say that peaceful life in shrine and story revolving on character relations wouldn't be a very good point, but it'd get dull quick. I need something more to make things happen and for it to be interesting.
And what kind of shrine-maiden isn't involved in incidents?
>>70384
The conversation between Adahn, Hina and Remilia will happen but it won't be shown in game. You'll get the details, though.
>> No. 70390
>>70389
>I admit that original plans included making the story continue for a day or two after festival, but I figured that it would end up being boring.
You figured wrong. Get writing.
>> No. 70555
You stop, and get suprised look from Momizi. After giving her apologetic smile you turn to Clay. "Hey, why don't you dance too?"
"What?" He looks at you and then crosses his arms. "Why are you asking something like that?"
"This is a festival, you can't just stand around doing nothing!" As expected, he isn't that happy to comply.
"I refuse. And just who should I dance with?"
"Hm..." You look around for somebody without partner. It's true that everybody already seems to have one, but... "How about Hina?" All this time she has been quiet, but your words must've suprised her.
"What, me?" She raises an arm to her chest, speaking in wonder. Clay looks at her, not saying a word.
"Yes!" You smile, and walk to Clay. "You don't want to be the only one who isn't doing anything, right?"
"I don't see where you're going with this." His eyes follow you as you circle him.
"Does it really matter? Or..." You lean closer to him and whisper into his ear. "...would you rather dance with that Flandre girl?"
For a moment his eyes go wide, and corner of his mouth twists upwards. "You're not serious."
"Whether I am or not, what do you think? It could be nice to try, don't you think?"
He looks at you quietly and finally sighs, turning to Hina. "Hina Kagiyama... Would you offer me a dance with you?"
She smiles and takes his hand. "Oh my, I certainly can not refuse when you ask me like that."

Momizi grabs your arm and pulls you away, this time for sure. While she's dragging you she speaks in amused tone. "Dance with Flandre... How evil of you!"
"You heard it?"
She turns to you, with wide smile on her face. "Yes! These ears aren't just for show, you know. But..." She looks through the crowd again. "I don't think Flandre would be that willing to dance with him."
"What do you- oh." Following her gaze, you notice that Flandre is trying to pull that witch girl you saw few days ago to dance, who in turn is doing her best to get away. But her best isn't enough, Flandre is obviously stronger. "She likes her?"
"Yes, I'm not exactly sure why, though." The music starts, and she takes your hands. "Well, let's start!"
The song Prismriver sisters play doesn't have words, and is nice, but sounds weird. If they really have violin, keyboard and trumpet, some of those sounds wouldn't be possible. You try to catch a sight of the stage, but there doesn't seem to be anything weird there.
One thing catches your attention, though. Almost all of the pairs are girl-girl, with few exceptions being from tengus. Well, you're dancing with Momizi so perhaps you shouldn't think too much about that.
As you're dancing, question comes to your mind. "Hey, Momizi... How old are you?"
"Uh, why do you ask so suddenly?"
"Well, that Sanae girl said you're the mountain patrol, or something." "But you look so young! I can't imagine you being day over... Twenty-something, I don't know."
A smile creeps on her face as you speak. "Twenty-something, you think? You should realize that I can say same of you." She looks up to the sky and sighs. "But... You really want to know? This might be a shock."
"Just tell me." You can't be too wrong. And what does it matter how old she is?
"Alright." Breathes in, taking much longer pause than necessary.

"One hundred and sixty seven years."

You blink few times and then freeze, staring at her. Even as a joke that's completely unbelievable. "No way." Her face doesn't change from smile, and words get caught in your throat.
She's serious.
"Oh Adahn." She hugs you and manages to calm you down a bit. "But it's true. Now you should understand, you can't judge people by their looks in here. And to tell the truth... I'm actually quite young for a tengu."
"Uh, then... What about Aya? How old is she?"
Momizi's smile only widens as she answers. "Over thousand years old."
"No way!" That's even more insane! Sure, Aya seems older than Momizi, but, that's... "That's impossible!"
"Want to hear something more? Remilia is over five hundred years." She's definitely enjoying this, shocking you more and more with each revelation.
You hold to her for balance, and she takes the job of leading the dance.

Apparently the song stopped, as people are trading partners and walking around aimlessly again. Not you though.
With all kinds of thoughts going around your head, Momizi holds you close. Good, since you might fall down to your legs othervise.
So. Almost everybody who is somebody in Gensokyo is incredibly old, there are only few normal humans who've made a name for them self. Even the most youngest looking child could be hundreds of years old.
But there is one thing. "But you're still young."
She nods, this time serious. "Yes, by youkai-standards. I'm a lot older than you."
"Does that matter?" You finally manage to relax, and brush her hair. "We're totally different as it is, the age is nothing anymore."
"I..." Her voice fades off, and she slowly smiles again. "...guess you're right."
The music starts again, with much slower and calmer tone this time. You take the lead, and she quietly follows.

After few minutes of silence she speaks. "You really don't care that I'm..." She swallows. "...Not a human?" She sounds almost sad, keeping her head on your shoulder.
"I care for you as who you are, if you think it should be a problem, I don't see why." You pull away and look into her deep red eyes. You've said this to her before, so why does she look so sad? "Momizi, you are my love."
A light blush comes to her face as she slowly puts her hands on your shoulders, and then kisses you. It's quick, and fleeting, but still so wonderful.
"So Adahn, with this talk of ages..." She leans back with a mischievous grin. "...How young are you?"
------------------------------------------------
>> No. 70557
Sitting at the stairs to the shrine, you look at the fireworks in amazement with Momizi.
...No, not fireworks, danmaku. That's what they call it, two people competing by firing barrages of bullets forming... Well, wonderful patterns. You can only compare it to something like living fireworks, watching them grow and twist, yet still maintaining their elegance and clearly defined form.
Who's competing right now? If you can see right, it should be... Sakuya, and that girl who was with that ghost princess. Both of them seem to twist time in some way, and the match seems fairly even.

They go well together.

Nevertheless, it's more beautiful than anything you had seen in the outside world. And you doubt they could have an actual fireworks show with wind like this. It's not too gusty; actually kind of refreshing, but enough that you figure something would go wrong.
From back by the shrine, you can hear the sounds of the party. Apparently Yuugi decided to declare a drinking competition with 'anybody that dared to challenge her'. You were tempted to go along with it, but would it really be a good idea drink like crazy, just when the festival is starting?
Aya is probably still there. Wonder how she's doing?
"What do you think?" Momizi says. She's holding your hand, but not turning away from gazing into the sky. Up until now, you've both been completely quiet. "They're both great aren't they?"
"Hmm..." You take another bite out of your formerly fish-shaped cake, its head by now completely devoured. The woman who sold it to you called them "taiyaki," and it seems they're filled with sweet bean paste.
Your mind wanders back to the aerial light show. This is the third match you've watched so far, and better than any of the ones before. The patterns have turned more complex with every competitor, but you have a feeling that you haven't seen anything yet. "Sakuya is amazing, but isn't that dangerous? It looks like she's actually throwing knives."
"You don't have to worry about that, they're not real. A hit from one would only sting a little. This is just a game, after all."

"I see..." You turn to look at her curiously. "You said that everybody here knows danmaku to some degree, right? So how good are you?"
"Me?" She looks at you and takes a spoonful out of her blue shaved ice, tasting it while she thinks. "Hmm, I guess... I'm decent. I can match Nitori, and I do pretty well against Sanae."
"Aren't you going to compete?"
She looks at you with a smile and stands up a bit. "Do you want me to?"
"...No." You pull her back to ground with a hug, being careful to not make her drop her dessert, and rest your head on her shoulder. "Could you just stay here?"
She runs her hand through your hair, letting out a sigh. "Of course."

Just sitting here, close to Momizi, your mind begins to wander, as you're not really paying much attention to the match anymore.
Clay and Hina disappeared somewhere a little while ago, and you haven't seen them since they decided to stay at Rinnosuke's booth. Apparently Clay did find something that interested him after all, but judging from the way he acted you're not convinced if he really wanted to buy that katana.
Oh well. It's good that Rinnosuke managed to strike up a conversation with him, even if he was acting like a jerk earlier.

"...What are you planning to do, now?" Carefully, as if not to break the moment, Momizi speaks.
You knew this would come up. "Ahaha... here at the festival?"
She stops the hug and gets away. "No, you know what I mean." This time she's more serious, looking into your eyes. "You spoke with Remilia about that shrine. What was decided, what will you do?"
"...All right." You sigh, and then explain. "Hina laid out the basic situation for her, and... Well, she didn't exactly like the idea, but finally agreed to fund the construction of the shrine if there was some kind of improvement in the situation at the mansion. We're going make our first official visit there in a week."
Momizi looks at you for a moment, then blinks. "I'm coming with you."
Shaking your head you answer. "No, she said she didn't want any outsiders there, so-"
"Am I really an outsider?" Speaking sternly, she lays a hand on your shoulder. "Just what do you think of me, Adahn? I'm your bodyguard!"
...She really does just want the best for you.
"You're right, you are not an outsider." Smiling you run your hand through her hair. "You are inside. Here." You take one of her hands in yours, and place it upon your chest, right over your heart, and give her a smile.
"Adahn..." She blushes but then crosses her arms and closes her eyes. "Can't you be serio-"
Quickly, you kiss her, and manage to tackle her to the ground. Luckily, the stairs aren't very steep.
As soon as you break the kiss, you continue the assault. "You are my sweetheart, my honey, my dear wolf..." With each name you give her another kiss, and ruffle her hair. At the end, you look straight into her half-closed eyes. "...You are my little fuzzball."
You both burst into laughter, holding onto each other.

"Aahahahaaa..." Soon she gets up, brushing her skirt a bit. "I... have to take care of few things. It won't take long, so don't disappear, okay?"
"I'll be right here~" You wave to her as she walks back to the shrine grounds.
As you're left alone, you sigh and lean back, enjoying the view. This shrine has to be one of the highest places in Gensokyo, as you can see everything from here. Well, maybe not everything, but just about.
You pull out your wallet to check how much money you still have left, but pause for a moment, noticing the driver's license. You take it out, and look at it for a while.
What is it to you, now? It has your name on it, your birth-date... Things of the past, that mattered in the outside world.

...Does such a past matter to you, anymore?

For one last time you look at it, at the person on there. Then, taking it out of the plastic sleeve, you rip it in half. Then again... and once more.

In your hand you hold the shreds of what was once your driver's license.
...Why did you do that? A spur-of-the-moment decision? ...No, that's not it. It was kind of hasty, so maybe if you get some tape, you can-
"Ah!" A sudden gust of wind takes the pieces from your hand. You sit up, and begin to get up and scramble after the pieces to to try to catch them, but you catch yourself.
...Is there a point, anymore? If you didn't need it before, then it's beyond useless to you, now.
Calmly you sit back down and watch them fly with the wind over the stairs, towards the human village. Eight pieces of paper... The only past you had in the outside world.

"Adahn!" You turn to look back as your name is called, and see Momizi running toward you. "Sorry, I didn't mean to take so long!" She's carrying two sticks, with something that looks like those fried octopus things on them.
"No, it's okay." You stand up, and take the one she offers you. "I didn't even notice the time."
"Oh, that's good." She smiles, and offers you her hand. "Let's go somewhere else, the wind is picking up."
"Hmm... all right." You take her hand, and start walking back towards the festival and the crowd. "Where do you think Clay and Hina went?"
"I don't know. Should we check Rinnosuke's stall, again?"
"Sounds like a good idea. Oh, do you think that Mokou girl might be selling yakitori here, too...?"

Something's Happening at Gensokyo, Arc 1 finish
>> No. 70569
File 122835295031.jpg - (234.57KB , 819x1025 , puppymizi.jpg ) [iqdb]
70569
Well. That's it. I should probably say something here.
It took more than half an year to get here, and a lot has happened. But that doesn't really concern this story.

About the story. I have to say that things didn't go as I expected, but in the end it turned somewhat okay, so I guess that's all that matters.
I'm suprised I got through this without a bigger overall plot.

Thanks to Ataisai for cleaning many of my updates, Kirin for giving me an idea for that ending and if I forgot somebody I'm sorry. Also, obviously the people who read this, despite the almost constant state of seven minutes.
And Nine. Yes, thanks to him too.
Second arc will start in a week or something. I have to sort things out and plan things through, not only for this but Faggotry too. That will start in... Let's say week for that too.
Pic is... Possibly somewhat related. Thanks to Pyg for it.
>> No. 70575
>>70569
And thank you, Vodka, for writing for so long. Keep going, you magnificent bastard you.
>> No. 70594
>>70569
>Also, obviously the people who read this, despite the almost constant state of seven minutes.

We will always be here for you~

>>70575

What he said.
>> No. 70622
hooray!
>> No. 70637
Keep it going, Vod! bang and clear!
>> No. 70643
Wow, that was a nice conclusion of the first arc. Hats off to you!
>> No. 70703
>About the story. I have to say that things didn't go as I expected, but in the end it turned somewhat okay, so I guess that's all that matters.

What, praytell, were your expectations? And if this is "somewhat okay", then I'd like to see what you consider "good".
>> No. 70707
>>70703
Sorry, that was kind of unclear of me. Basically I think I did okay despite not having that good of a idea about what would've happened next, and I having slown down into a near crawl at end.
The story itself went really well.