[Return]
Archived thread

File 122576827924.jpg - (133.00KB , 714x1000 , sample-8a3b27bf619c5879498bb5a09ad56be9.jpg ) [iqdb]
65969 No. 65969
"N-no." You say. "You should p-pick your clothes Renko." You say.
She raises an eyebrow at you.
"I-I mean, we c-could ... we s-should be prepared ..." You trail off, feeling bad. You're right, but you don't want to have to face that reality just yet, you want to stay in here, playing with Renko and relaxing, but you know you can't.

She shouldn't be wearing anything that restricts her movement. When she fought with the swordsman, Youki, she was like a whirlwind of motion, a human knife, slipping everywhere at once. That skill of hers, whatever it really is, can't be left behind for the sake of having her look attractive. She's sworn she will protect you, and there's no reason to curb her ability to do so.
However pretty she looks in that skirt.
"I understand." Renko says, nodding, not smiling now. "And I'm glad you're taking it seriously."
"I ... I am?" You suddenly feel very sad. Doing this with Renko lets you forget what has happened, but now it's all going to come crashing back and there's nothing you can do to stop it.
She nods. "Yes. You are. Not many people would adapt so fast to this." She smiles at you, a little sorrow in her expression. "You're doing really well, okay? Trust me."
"Mmm." You nod, feeling a little better. Renko is better at this sort of thing than you and if she says you're doing well, then you trust her. You smile back, thanking her inside.

"Well then." Renko turns back to the wardrobes. "Let's see."

------------------------------

Once Renko emerges from behind the screen again, you've learned that 'practical' doesn't have to mean 'boring'. She's even more happy with what she managed to find than you are, and you're very happy.
She's picked up a skirt very much like her old one, but a darker shade, closer to black than brown. It's wide and loose, fanning out when she moves, giving her as much range of motion as if she wasn't wearing anything at all. The effect is rather pleasing on the eye.
She's exchanged her old shirt for what looks like a cross between a pull-over and a silk blouse. It's one of the oddest garments you've ever seen, white with red swirls of patterning down the sleeves. You can see none of her curves under the thick, loose fabric, but the shirt itself gives her an air of simplicity. It's aesthetically, if not sexually, pleasing. When she moves her arms it's a little disorienting, almost as if you can't quite see the direction they're moving at first, the red patterns confuse the eye. The sleeves are even baggier than the rest of the garment and she slips her hands in and out of them a few times before producing her knife from go-knows where and then hiding it in the end of the sleeve.
"Oh." She breathes, eyes a little wide. "I like this."
"What is it?" You ask, genuinely curious.
Renko shrugs. "I don't know but I bet it was custom made." She grins to herself, a totally different expression to the one she usually shows you. "Whoever made it knew lots about concealing things."
"Oh?"
"Yes." Renko grins up at you. "It's perfect." She goes back behind the screen and grabs her hat.
"How do I look?" She smiles at you.
"Good!" You say. "R-really good!"
"Thank you." She does a little mock bow, slipping her knife out the end of one sleeve and into the other in one seamless motion as she straightens back up.
"I like this." She grins again.
"I-I'm going to get ch-changed too." You say, feeling a little bad. After all, Renko picked these clothes for you.
"Yes." She says. "I mean you look fantastic in that but the skirt is a little much." She grins, winking at you.
"Heh." You can't help but smile at her compliments. "O-okay."

------------------------------

In the end you settle on keeping the white polo-neck, though you shed the underwear in favour of something more simple. The skirt goes, sadly enough, and you replace it with a pair of jeans. Nothing like the crappy old ones you used to wear all the time, but a pair of brand-new jeans, tight against your thighs and hips, loose around the knees. You could run in these if you had to.

You keep the beret.

------------------------------

"Ahhh, that was fun." Renko stretches her arms once you both step back outside. She looks a lot more comfortable in that odd jumper that she did in her old clothes. More relaxed, shapeless and furtive rather than tense. Maybe it has something to do with all the stuff she emptied out of the pockets of her jacket and concealed in there. Now when she walks she's less like a person constantly expecting danger, more like a floating ghost of silk.
She turns and grins at you. "Shall we go see Ran?"

[ ] Yeah, head back to the kitchen, you're starving.
[ ] Actually, where's Satori resting?
[ ] Nah, go sit outside with Renko for a bit.

>> No. 65970
[ ] Actually, where's Satori resting?
>> No. 65971
[X] Yeah, head back to the kitchen, you're starving.
>> No. 65972
[x] Actually, where's Satori resting?

Did she get better? Or is the worm eating her inside out like it might have done with Yukari?
>> No. 65973
[x] Actually, where's Satori resting?
>> No. 65974
[x] Actually, where's Satori resting?
>> No. 65975
[ ] Actually, where's Satori resting?

"...I need to check up on Satori first..."
>> No. 65982
Jeans. A red jacket with shearling collar. Apart from the beret, you're looking kinda Cryji there, Anonymous.

[x] Yeah, head back to the kitchen, you're starving.

When is the last time we've eaten?
>> No. 65992
[x] Yeah, head back to the kitchen, you're starving.
We must set our priorities straight, we can always catch satorin after she wakes up, and before she leaves.
>> No. 65994
[X] Yeah, head back to the kitchen, you're starving.
>> No. 65997
[x] Yeah, head back to the kitchen, you're starving.
So long as we check up on Satori afterwards.
>> No. 65998
>>65969
>wearing anything at all.
>anything at all.

Stupid sexy Renko!

[x] Yeah, head back to the kitchen, you're starving.
>> No. 66002
[X] Yeah, head back to the kitchen, you're starving.
>> No. 66004
[X] Yeah, head back to the kitchen, you're starving.

RED ANON NEEDS FOOD BADLY
>> No. 66005
File 12257984552.jpg - (23.66KB , 800x600 , LUST WORMS.jpg ) [iqdb]
66005
>When she moves her arms it's a little disorienting, almost as if you can't quite see the direction they're moving at first, the red patterns confuse the eye.

Just as keikaku.

[X] Yeah, head back to the kitchen, you're starving.

Satori can wait until later.

Also
>Did she get better? Or is the worm eating her inside out like it might have done with Yukari?
Now I'm thinking of these things. See image.
>> No. 66007
Anon, hey Anon!

How does it feel to know that your favourite writefag's character is based on something YAF wrote?
>> No. 66008
>>66007
Even if that was true I wouldn't give a fuck, YAF does come up with decent ideas from time to time, when he's not busy copying off nasu. Seafood time!
>> No. 66009
>>66007

On something YAF wrote? She seems a lot more like Nine's anon to me.
>> No. 66011
>>66009
He means my Renko. And yes, my interpretation of Renko is a mixture of YAF's version of her, Nine's version, and some stuff of my own added in. I should hope this doesn't matter much anyway.
>> No. 66012
>>66011

Huh... Well, Ebolanon still seems a lot like Aoi.
>> No. 66013
>>66011
>Renko
>Nine's version

My favorite version. Does this mean we can count on her being a little hornball when push comes to shove?
>> No. 66014
>>66008

I wonder how I can rip off Nasu while I haven't even read whole of Tsukihime, let alone KT, FSN or whatever else he wrote.
>> No. 66017
>>66015

Even when you rebel, you are doing my will.
>> No. 66023
"Yeah." you say. "I'm really hungry now." You smile at Renko.
It's amazing how much more relaxed you feel. What you've just done might not have been 'normality', but it was close enough for you. Renko, whatever her intentions are, is comfortable around you, her earlier bad mood seemingly forgotten. The new clothes help as well, it's nice to be wearing something other than the same old stained t-shirts every day. The white polo-neck is soft and comfortable, the jacket is pretty warm too.

"Okay." Renko says. "Let's go see what Ran's cooking."
Her hand twitches for a second, then she reaches over without further hesitation and interlaces her fingers with yours, smiling and tugging you along. You blush and bite your lip.

------------------------------

The sitting room is full of the smell of cooking food, wafting through from the kitchen. Rice, meat and a host of spices you can't identify. It makes your mouth water and your stomach rumble. When was the last time you actually had a proper meal? Too long ago. You should make sure you keep up your food intake, especially with the continuous low-level blood loss.

Oh! What about your bag, with you vitamins and stuff in it? You had it when Yuka brought you and Renko through the border, didn't you? You'd had it all the time since you left your flat that morning. You better ask Ran what happened to it when you passed out yesterday.

"Ran?" Renko lets go of your hand at last, walking over to the kitchen door and having a look inside.
"Oh, hello." Ran's voice drifts back. "Thats a nice outfit. I trust you both found clothes to suit your tastes?'
"Yes, thank you." Renko says. You sit down at the table, glad to rest your legs. "Is all that going to be ready anytime soon?"
Ran utters a little laugh. "In a while. I expected you to be longer."
"Thanks Ran." Renko says, walking back over to the table and sitting down next to you.
"R-renko, we should ... um." You say, not quite sure how to phrase this.
"Hm?" She peers at you, leaning on the table.
"We need to a-ask Ran about what's g-going on, don't we?"
"Ah." Renko nods. "Yes. We should try to understand this place as much as possible, and what's going on here. You weren't brought here on a whim, there's got to be some purpose behind it." Renko stretches, yawning. "And even if there isn't, we're both involved now, no way to back out."
"... thank you." You mutter. It means a lot that she can't back out either. Nobody made her do this, it is entirely her own choice to stay with you.

Ran emerges from the kitchen, carrying a tray of tea.
"Would you both like something to drink?" She asks.
"Yes, please." Renko says. You nod, smiling.
Ran's tea has the same invigorating effects as it did yesterday, you should ask her what exactly she uses to make it.
"So ... Ran." Renko starts once Ran is seated opposite you, sipping at her tea.
"We've got some questions."
Ran nods and closes her eyes for a moment. "Of course."
Renko glances at you. "Well ..." She looks back at Ran. "We understand what's happened to Yukari, but what about this place, Gensokyo? What's happened here that's so bad?"
"I ..." You start then trail off. "I saw b-bullet holes and damage and s-stuff like that outside." You say, looking into Ran's eyes. "Is Mayohiga r-really safe?"
Ran takes a deep breath and the nods. "I believe it is now, yes. Certain ... measures have been put in place to ensure Mayohiga is a safe refuge. I have faith in them."
"Okay." You nod.
"Where would you like me to start?" Ran says, sighing a little. "I don't know where to begin ... Gensokyo used to be ... different. Now anyone with power is on edge and those with none are hiding or dead. So much," Ran's mouth twists a little, trying to control her emotions. "So much has happened."

Renko nods, looking at you and raising her eyebrows.

[ ] Tell Ran to just explain things in her own time.
[ ] Let Renko ask the questions, you can listen and process easier that way.
[ ] Ask something, to get Ran settled into the subject [?]
>> No. 66025
[x] Tell Ran to just explain things in her own time.
[x] Ask about that black cat. You could go look for it once more, if Ran asks you to.
>> No. 66026
>and those with none are hiding or dead.

I can hear Daiyousei mourning for the strongest in some cave.
>> No. 66027
[x] Ask about that black cat. You could go look for it once more, if Ran asks you to.
>> No. 66028
[x] Ask something, to get Ran settled into the subject
[x] Start with why you're involved.
>> No. 66029
[x] Ask something, to get Ran settled into the subject
[x] Start with why you're involved.
>> No. 66030
[x] Ask something, to get Ran settled into the subject
[x] Start with why you're involved.

Actually, this is the only thing that matters.

Everyone involved in the whole power struggle can go fuck themselves.
>> No. 66031
[x] Ask something, to get Ran settled into the subject
[x] Start with why you're involved.
>> No. 66032
[x] Ask something, to get Ran settled into the subject
[x] Start with why you're involved.
>> No. 66033
[x] Ask something, to get Ran settled into the subject
[x] Start with why you're involved.
Yeah, we need to get some important stuff out of the way, irrelevant bullshit like the cat can wait. For an eternity.
>> No. 66034
Writing now!
>> No. 66035
>>66034
How i love these words.
>>66014
Get back to writing where you left off Nigger.
>> No. 66042
"B-but why me?" You ask. "Why do I have to b-be involved? Wh-what ... what do I have to do with any of this?" You ask, feeling the lump rising in your throat again.

Ran sighs. "There are ... I hoped it would be possible to leave you out of this, despite being aware of your existence and what Yukari had been doing to you. That ... I didn't realise that others would be aware as well, or have way of getting through the border. I ... felt a sense of responsibly towards you. I could not conscionable leave you to be killed or taken by them." Ran takes a deep breath, playing with her cup tea. "Also, on the small chance that you are part of some plan by Yukari, this is the best place to protect you, to keep you out of harm's way."
Ran swallows
"You are ..." She closes her eyes and runs her hand over them. "Many will consider you to be Yukari's successor, perhaps. I do not know how all will react."
"What about what's happening inside her head? What Satori was reacting to?" Renko says to Ran.
Ran shakes her head. "I have no idea, though there may be some people in Gensokyo capable of helping, people who understand these things better than I do. Securing their help though, would be another matter entirely."
"Wh-what about Satori?" You ask. "Can she help?"
You can see Renko visibly tense at your words.
Ran considers for a moment. "Perhaps. I am not familiar with the extent of her powers and knowledge. You should discuss that with her when she awakes."

If she wants to talk to you at all, Ran leaves unsaid.

"So what exactly is going on then?" Renko says. "Why might she be important as ... as Yukari's 'successor'? I don't like that idea." Renko narrows her eyes. "It stinks of things like messiahood and martyrdom."
"She's not important ... really. Some may just see it that way." Ran says, sighing heavily. "The core of my reason for bringing you here was protection. At the moment, that is all that matters to me, including working through whatever is happening to you."
You nod, feeling awkward. How can you ever hope to deal with what is happening inside you? Does Ran even really know what she's talking about?
"Okay." Renko says. "As long as we're on the same wavelength." She reaches under the table and grabs your hand. "Because the only reason I'm here is to protect her."
Ran smiles a sad sort of smile.

"Who are the people who came after her?" Renko asks. "What might they have wanted, what was their agenda?"
"Ah." Ran says, frowning. "Yes, the half-ghost, Youki, and the Fujiwara girl?"
Renko nods. "And the man in black too, with the helmet."
Ran looks down, frowning. "Well ... I'm unsure about motives. Youki may have been acting alone, in fact," Ran pauses, looking up and nodding. "I'm almost certain he was either acting alone or on unreliable information."
"Why so sure?" Renko asks.
"The only people in Gensokyo who have any influence over Youki would not be interested in harming Yukari or any of her works. If they are ... then that changes things completely."
"Okay." Renko says, sucking on her teeth in thought. "So he was a one off, probably, but why?"
"I do not know." Ran sighs. "He knows enough about crossing the border to do it himself, perhaps he discovered something we do not know."
Renko looks down. "Well there's no way to ask him now. What about Mokou?"
"I believe ... she was acting in the interests of Gensokyo's small human population."
"She's human?" Renko asks.
Ran shakes her head. "No, or only in a token fashion. But she has their interests at heart, for various reasons. The humans in Gensokyo have adopted a ... how to put it, siege mentality? I would imagine that, acting on very little information, she was led to believe that killing you, disrupting whatever Yukari has begun, would somehow end the state that Gensokyo has been plunged into."
"But how would she have known that?" Renko asks. "Who else knows about this?"
Ran sighs and shrugs. "I don't know."
"Dammit!" Renko says, slamming her hand down on the table. "So, anyone could know, anyone could be dangerous?"
"It's possible." Ran says.
Renko grunts, looking down. "That's bad."
"I know." Ran says.

"So what about the man in black?" Renko says.
"Oh, yes. Them." Ran says, expression turning dark.
"Them? We saw only one."
"There's more." Ran explains. "A few people, matching the kind of description you gave, have turned up, here and there. Nobody's managed to question them to find out what they are." Ran frowns. "I have been forced to kill a few myself."
"So that's another unknown factor?" Renko sighs, shoulders drooping. "This is beyond a joke."

Ran is silent for a long time. You feel awkward, perhaps ... is Ran feeling bad about her inability to help? Are things really that dangerous?

[ ] Say nothing, you can't deal with all of this.
[ ] Ask Ran a question [?]
>> No. 66044
[x] Ask Ran a question.
[x] Elaborate on the state of "Gensokyo".
[x] There's a way to fix this, right? A way to make everything better so that you won't have to stay isolated in Mayohiga forever?

Or should we stay in Mayohiga and let everything go to hell? They deserve it.
>> No. 66045
>>66042
Can I have two asked?
[x] Ask Ran a question
-[x] How did the rest of Gensokyo start falling apart?
-[x] Who, in Gensokyo, could we still trust?
>> No. 66048
Coming up with intelligent questions seems a bit hard because we don't know if Ran could even answer them.
We could, if I see correctly, take two different approaches: Either dig in in Mayohiga and wait for things to settle/the new clues to come to us or try to get the help of Satori, people who wouldn't be automatically associated with us, to investigate on the matter outside of Mayohiga. Maybe we're going to have to venture out ourselves and not investigate by proxy.
>> No. 66049
[X] Ask Ran a question
-[X] How did the rest of Gensokyo start falling apart?
-[X] Who in Gensokyo do we know is against us?
-[X] Who, in Gensokyo, could we still trust?

Knowing our enemies is more important than knowing our friends right now.
>> No. 66050
[X] Ask Ran a question
-[X] How did the rest of Gensokyo start falling apart?
-[X] Who in Gensokyo do we know is against us?
-[X] Who, in Gensokyo, could we still trust?
>> No. 66051
[X] Ask Ran a question
-[X] How did the rest of Gensokyo start falling apart?
-[X] Who in Gensokyo do we know is against us?
-[X] Who, in Gensokyo, could we still trust?
>> No. 66052
[X] Ask Ran a question
-[X] How did the rest of Gensokyo start falling apart?
-[X] Who in Gensokyo do we know is against us?
-[X] Who, in Gensokyo, could we still trust?
>> No. 66053
[X] Ask Ran a question
-[X] How did the rest of Gensokyo start falling apart?
-[X] Who in Gensokyo do we know is against us?
-[X] Who, in Gensokyo, could we still trust?
>> No. 66054
[X] Ask Ran a question
-[X] How did the rest of Gensokyo start falling apart?
-[X] Who in Gensokyo do we know is against us?
-[X] Who, in Gensokyo, could we still trust?
>> No. 66056
Okay, writing now.
>> No. 66058
>>66056
Hooray!
>> No. 66060
"H-how-" You start, freezing up when both Ran and Renko turn to look at you. It's okay, it's just them, they're both on your side, they're not going to laugh at you, relax.
"H-how did this all h-happen?" You ask. "When did G-gensokyo start f-falling apart?"
Ran nods thoughtfully. "It's been ... a slow process and it's not so much fallen apart as it has shut down, nobody trusts anyone else. Incidents used to end on good terms, usually with a cup of tea." Ran laughs sadly. "But there is a point things went bad. After Yukari wouldn't wake up, we kept it quiet. Then the Hakurei Miko vanished."
"A M-miko?" You ask. "What's that?"
"A priestess, Reimu Hakurei." Ran says. "A very important one as well. She was the nominal protector of the human population, dealing with troublesome youkai and things like that. I always thought she was ... lazy, useless, but she had so much more impact than I realised at the time."
"What happened?" Renko prompts her.
Ran sighs. "The humans went into a panic after a few weeks, started disallowing any youkai entrance to the town, something they hadn't done in a long time. The Oni on the mountain, Suika, she was very fond of Reimu, blamed Remilia Scarlet, one of the only two vampires living in Gensokyo, for Reimu's disappearance. Remilia was distraught as well. They fought, killed a bunch of innocent bystanders. It was a mess."

Ran has a far-off look in her eyes as she speaks.
"You ... have to understand something. Reimu's presence enforced certain rules. She was never a fan of killing, she ... made the youkai, and everyone else, fight with magic, symbolic measures of power. It was a way of settling disputes without needless loss of life." Ran sighs. "We all thought we could go on using that, but when Suika started hurling real boulders at Remilia ... it ended there."
"So ... things just got worse?" Renko asks, a new softness to her voice.
Ran nods. "Remilia Scarlet hasn't been seen since then, brooding in her Mansion. Eientei, which provided most of the medical knowledge Gensokyo has, shut itself off from the outside months ago. The Tengu and the Kappa both tried to intervene in things, but it went badly for them."
"Badly how?" Renko asks.
"They've never been very active outside their mountain before, they tried to fill of gap. They ended up in a pitched battle with the humans, over a raided goods caravan. Small, but their mountain goddess abandoned them and the Tengu got slaughtered. They underestimated the humans."
You and Renko are just very silent.
"Now they stay on their mountain. The Kappa agreed to help me get you through the border, but only because they're interested in testing their equipment. I stay on good terms with them."

"This sounds complicated." Renko says.
Ran nods. "It is."
"Who can be trusted?" Renko asks. "Who can't be? This is important, Ran."
Ran just sighs. "I suppose ... most parties are unknown. If it was up to me," she says. "I would count the humans out entirely. They're not malicious, they just don't know what they're doing. That goes for their protectors as well, Mokou and Keine. It would be a bad idea to place too much trust in the Tengu, if they get their hands on you then they might just lock you up to stop things getting worse."
Renko nods, taking all of this in.
"Who can you trust? Perhaps ... well, Satori and her pets. They've managed to keep out of all this, most of the Underground has managed to sit it out. Personally I believe Satori's only real interest is looking after her sister, which means making sure Gensokyo stays safe. She's more ... subtle than most others with power. I think it comes from being able to read minds."
"Other than that? I would place some trust in Yukari's old friend, Princess Yuyuko and her servant, Youmu. Although," Ran pauses. "Youmu is Youki's daughter."
"Ah." Renko says.
"Yes, his actions throw doubt onto them, but ... I am inclined to trust Yuyuko."
Renko nods.

"So what are we going to do?" Renko asks.
"I suggest we stay here." Ran says. "The fewer people who know about-"
She's cut off by the sound of an egg timer going off in the kitchen.
"Oh! Excuse me, that means the food is ready." Ran stands up and bustles back into the kitchen.
"This is a lot to take in." Renko mutters.
You nod, unable to speak, still thinking.
"We should ... I don't know. Maybe Ran is right, it'll be safest here." Renko stares off into space. "But-"

Ran pokes her head around the side of the kitchen door.
"Would one of you be a dear and go fetch Utsuho and Rin? I'm sure they're very hungry too."
"Ah. Okay." Renko glances over at you.

[ ] You'll go.
[ ] Renko can go.
[ ] Both go.
>> No. 66062
[ ] You'll go, but if Renko wants to come too, nothing's stopping her.
>> No. 66063
[X] Both go.
Emotional support and all.
>> No. 66064
{X} You'll go.

Hmm.
>> No. 66065
[x] You'll go.

Renko's pretty trigger happy, so yeah.
>> No. 66066
[X] Both go.

I'm inclined to think that Hakugyokurou is the safest place we can be right now. Mayohiga has plenty of measures to keep it hidden, but it can still be found, and of course, it will be. On the other hand, Hakugyokurou is arguably somewhat easy to get into... if you're dead. We probably don't have that much to worry about from formless spirits.
Well... So long as we don't mention Youki.
>> No. 66067
[X] Both go.

Renko should know everything that's going on. Even if it's probably just banter with Orin and Okuu. If she seems to nervous, we can rein her in anytime. At least we managed to so far.
>> No. 66068
[x] You'll go.
Though I share the sentiments of >>66062 .

>>66066
That's true but it would also make handling some of the problems we'd be having to face in Gensokyo difficult (can't fly, e.g., imagine not being able to navigate yourself back to a safe house). We'll definitely be meeting Yuyuko at some point; a really good use of a Netherworldly contact might be finding out whether Reimu is still alive (since Gensokyo seems exclusive enough to have its own personal Yama), but the influence might be hard to attract.

Logically, we might see Eientei as our best course of action. It may not end up being a treasure-trove of helpful resources, but there's a severe need for competent medical help at the moment.
>> No. 66069
[x] Renko can go.
>> No. 66070
[x] You'll go.
>> No. 66071
[x] You'll go.
>> No. 66072
[x] You'll go.
>> No. 66073
having both of you go sounds like a setup for yet another misunderstanding
>> No. 66074
[X] You'll go.
>> No. 66075
Okay, writing now.
>> No. 66076
[X] Both go.
>> No. 66083
File 122583943814.png - (265.61KB , 500x700 , 1225797442321.png ) [iqdb]
66083
"I'll go." You say, getting up from the table. Ran tells you which room she left Satori in.
"Sure? I can go." Renko asks you, looking hesitant.
You nod. "N-no, it's okay, I'm going to stretch my legs before we eat, check how S-satori is doing."
"Okay." Renko says after a long pause, crossing her arms under her bust and slipping her hands into opposite sleeves. "Don't be too long." She says, turning away from you.
"O-okay." Oh god, what did you do now? Maybe ... maybe she's just hungry, right?

You leave the room, feeling unsure of yourself yet again.

------------------------------

"Hmmm?" Utsuho looks up at you when you slide the door open. She's kneeling next to a futon, where Satori is lying underneath a sheet, eyes closed and breathing softly.
"H-hi." You say, giving a weak little smile.
Utsuho narrows her eyes at you. "What do you want?" She practically spits out at you, folding her arms over the red circle in her chest.
"I-I-I j-just ... I ... um ..." You can feel yourself falling apart under her gaze, why does she have to be so confrontational? If you're honest with yourself, she's quite striking actually, which only makes the intimidation worse. Her long mane of dark hair is almost touching the floor with her sitting like that. Her cloak twitches ... no, those are wings under that fabric, aren't they? You stare for a moment.
"I ... f-food ... uh-"
Okuu sighs and unfolds her arms. "Food? What?"
"Ahhhhhh, don't be so aggressive, Okuu." Orin's voice comes from the side. You glance over to see another futon laid out, Orin curled up on it, head resting on her hands, eyes closed, grinning.
"Ga- but, she's-" Utsuho frowns and blusters, glancing between you and Orin.
"She's a nice girl." Orin says, opening her eyes and stretching her limbs out. "She's a kind girl." She says, getting to her feet and stepping over to you. She leans down a little.
"Good girls give cats a good scratch behind the ears." She says, smiling up at you.
"S-sorry?" You ask, frowning a little.
"You heard meeeeeeee~" Orin grins, nudging her head against your shoulder. You wouldn't mind stroking her hair, inviting deep red as it is. Even ... does she braid it herself every day or does someone do it for her?

No! Don't think about that now! You're right in front of everyone! Gah.

"Uh ..." You glance over at Utsuho. She's not smiling, just frowning at Orin, a curious look on her face.
"I ... uh ..."
"Go on!" Orin drapes her arms lazily over your shoulders, nuzzling your neck.
"Ah!" You flinch in surprise from the contact. "O-orin I-"
"Pleeeeease?"

[ ] Stroke Orin's hair.
[ ] Decline, politely. You're here to tell them food is ready, just say it.
[ ] "Ah! Okuu, make her stop!" Appeal for help.
>> No. 66084
[x] LIMIT BREAK
[x] OMNIRUFFLE
>> No. 66086
[X] Stroke Orin's hair.

A

C
A
T

I
S

F
I
N
E

T
O
O
>> No. 66087
[X] Stroke Orin's hair as a means to calm yourself down a bit, so you can tell them that food is ready.
>> No. 66088
[X] Stroke Orin's hair as a means to calm yourself down a bit, so you can tell them that food is ready.
>> No. 66089
[x] Stroke Orin's hair as a means to calm yourself down a bit, so you can tell them that food is ready.
>> No. 66090
[ ] Stroke Orin's hair.
>> No. 66092
[x] Stroke Orin's hair as a means to calm yourself down a bit, so you can tell them that food is ready.
>> No. 66093
[x] Stroke Orin's hair as a means to calm yourself down a bit, so you can tell them that food is ready.
>> No. 66094
[x] You know what I'm going to vote.
>> No. 66095
[x] Stroke Orin's hair as a means to calm yourself down a bit, so you can tell them that food is ready.
>> No. 66096
[x] Stroke Orin's hair as a means to calm yourself down a bit, so you can tell them that food is ready. Ask Orin about the other cat.
>> No. 66097
[x] Stroke Orin's hair as a means to calm yourself down a bit, so you can tell them that food is ready.

Ah, it's been a while since we've had a ruffling.
>> No. 66098
[X] Stroke Orin's hair as a means to calm yourself down a bit, so you can tell them that food is ready.

I need this.
>> No. 66102
Writing now!
>> No. 66103
>>66102

<3
>> No. 66104
"I, um-" Orin's hair really is very tempting, it looks silky and smooth, soft and fine like a cat's fur. You place a shaking hand on the top of her head.
"I d-don't-"
"Go on~" Orin says, breathing against your neck. This is all far too sexual for you, Orin is nice but ... she's a cat, right? And what about Renko? You shouldn't be doing this but-
You gently start to stroke her hair. It's a soft as it looks, so satisfying under your palm. It's such a deep, rich, red, such a contrast against the pale skin of your hand. You want to start running your fingers though it, playing with her braids. She's just a cat, right?
"Mmm, that's it." She murmurs, going limp against you. No, this is far too full of human meaning for your liking.
You can smell her now, so close to you. She smells a little like an animal, but with other things mixed in. Shampoo, fresh clothing, sleep and sweat, something below all that, like the smell of a winter's day as the sun sets. This is nice, just running your hand over her hair, quite relaxing.
Utsuho is actively glaring now. Not at you, but at Orin.
"That's niiiiiice, good human." Orin giggles. You blush, not sure what to do with your other hand, catching yourself at the last moment and making sure you don't put in on her side or something. You idly wonder what she feels like under that dress.

"I ... er ..." You start again, Utsuho's gaze flicking to you. "R-ran sent me to tell you that f-food is ready." You say.
"Food!" Orin jerks away from you in an instant, leaving your hand hanging there in the air. You let it drop to your side, feeling awkward.
"Miss Ran is so nice!" Orin clasps her hands in front of her, grinning. "Making food for two hungry animals." She spins on the spot, tails flicking. "Hey Okuu, race you!"
"H-hey!" Utsuho says, getting to her feet as Orin races out of the room, leaving a breeze in her wake. Utsuho starts after her for a second, then stops dead, glaring at you and folding her arms.
"Go on." She says.
"G-go? S-sorry?"
Utsuho frowns. "Orin says you're a good person, but I'm not leaving you alone with Miss Satori, go on." She waves at the door.
"S-sorry." You mutter, turning to leave.
"Wa-" Utsuho starts, then shuts up again.
"Huh?" You glance back. Utsuho looks away from you, expression twisting with something you can't see.
"N-never mind!" She says, tapping her foot. "Just leave."

[ ] Just leave. Utsuho is scary.
[ ] This is the first time you've got her alone, what was she about to say?
>> No. 66105
[X] This is the first time you've got her alone, what was she about to say?
>> No. 66106
[X] Just leave. Utsuho is scary.
>> No. 66107
[X] This is the first time you've got her alone, what was she about to say?

Satori is awake.
>> No. 66108
[x] This is the first time you've got her alone, what was she about to say?
>> No. 66110
[X] This is the first time you've got her alone, what was she about to say?

I bet the little birdie wants her head scratched, too.
>> No. 66112
[x] This is the first time you've got her alone, what was she about to say? "I can't say sorry enough, I was hoping Satori could help me, that she could understand what was going on... I'm just so sorry."
>> No. 66118
[X] This is the first time you've got her alone, what was she about to say?
>> No. 66129
[X] This is the first time you've got her alone, what was she about to say? "I can't say sorry enough, I was hoping Satori could help me, that she could understand what was going on... I'm just so sorry."

On another note, HY, mark me up on the list of readers sick beyond death of the constant stuttering.
>> No. 66130
[X] This is the first time you've got her alone, what was she about to say? "I can't say sorry enough, I was hoping Satori could help me, that she could understand what was going on... I'm just so sorry."
>> No. 66131
[X] This is the first time you've got her alone, what was she about to say? "I can't say sorry enough, I was hoping Satori could help me, that she could understand what was going on... I'm just so sorry."
>> No. 66132
> sick beyond death of the constant stuttering

That means it's working. Keep using it judiciously.
>> No. 66133
[X] This is the first time you've got her alone, what was she about to say? "I can't say sorry enough, I was hoping Satori could help me, that she could understand what was going on... I'm just so sorry."
>> No. 66134
[X] This is the first time you've got her alone, what was she about to say? "I can't say sorry enough, I was hoping Satori could help me, that she could understand what was going on... I'm just so sorry."
>> No. 66135
[x] Just leave. Utsuho is scary.
>> No. 66138
Hmmmm, happy Reimu finding time it seems. We should go to all places and get clues about what is really going on.
>> No. 66140
>>66138
We also gotta remember that, to some people, we're rather high profile.
>> No. 66141
>>66140
Hiding at Mayohiga does nothing to solve the situation.
>> No. 66142
Reimu is off dying somewhere, but she wormed Renko in a similar way that Yukari wormed you, only instead of getting a shitload of abstract knowledge, Renko got some fuckawesome procedural memory like her knifing skills, as well as a mental compulsion to protect weaklings like you.
>> No. 66143
>>66141
I wasn't advocating hiding in Mayohiga, merely cautioning against what sounded like a blank ticket to try and go anywhere. Going to the Shrine to check it out wouldn't be so bad as the more obvious encounters would probably be Suika or Marisa; I advocated Eientei above; just walking into the Human Village, even if well-disguised, probably not so much so.
>> No. 66153
>>66140
Not to mention almost completely defenceless unless we somehow gain some control over yukari's powers. Even then we'll probably end up a glass cannon, and no, Renko isn't a reliable defence, she's just a human.
>> No. 66179
"I-"
"I said just leave, okay?" Utsuho frowns at you, puffing her cheeks out.
"I- but-" You stammer, biting your lip. You haven't actually talked to Utsuho alone, at all. She's so imposing and intimidating, taller than you and certainly not human, maybe even technologically modified in some way. Underneath all that though, there's a girl just like you. You can see it in her eyes, in the way she's trying to look after Satori, the concern on her face when she threatened you earlier on.
It's all for Satori, isn't it? Like Renko is all for you.
"I'm," you gulp. "I-I'm really sorry." You mutter, twisting your hands together. "I can't say sorry enough. I was hoping that Satori could just ... just help me somehow ...I ..."
You trail off, looking down. Utsuho doesn't reply. Theres a lump growing in your throat and your eyes feel hot. You're an idiot, hurting people without even knowing why.
"I thought maybe she could understand what's going on but ... I'm just so sorry." You gulp down a sob, you're not going to lose it in front of Utsuho. You hurt her master, her mistress, whatever she is. This isn't your place to feel bad, it's your place to blame yourself, for her.

Utsuho cocks her head at you, expression losing all its aggression. She sighs and shrugs.
"Okay, yeah, whatever." She says, looking very uncomfortable. She looks away from you, mouth turned down, eyes sullen.
That reply hurt so much more than anything you expected her to say. Isn't she going to shout at you? Accuse you some more? Get angry or sad or maybe even forgive you? What are you-
"You going to just stand there or are we going to go eat?" She mutters, still not looking at you.
"Oh!" You jerk back at her sudden words. "S-sorry! I was ... I was just curious what you were going to s-say b-before."
Now Utsuho looks at you, then sighs, closing her eyes for a second. "Just ... oh just nothing, okay?"
You nod, feeling a little disappointed. "O-okay."
"Bu- ... one thing I do wanna ask you though." She says, biting her lip. "You and the girl with the knives, you're ... together, right? Like ... lovers?" She looks away, frowning a bit again, chewing her lip with thought.
"Wha-" Your eyes go wide.
"I saw the way she wanted to fight the flower Youkai, because of you." Utsuho says.
"I-I thought you were falling asleep then."
Utsuho cocks her head at you and smiles at little. "Useful little trick, makes people think you're not paying attention." Her smiles drops away and her expression turns more uncomfortable again. "S-so ... I mean ... how does it work?"
"H-how does what work?" You ask, head spinning.
"You know." Utsuho starts blushing now, frowning at you at the same time. "Being with another girl, especially one like that ..."

She trails off, looking at her feet, frowning with the awkwardness of the situation.

[ ] Tell her you're not with Renko, she's got it wrong.
[ ] Especially one like that? What does she mean?
[ ] Ask her why she wants to know.
[ ] Tell her you're as clueless as she is, sorry.
>> No. 66180
[x] Tell her you're not with Renko, she's got it wrong.

Not yet, anyways.
>> No. 66181
[x] Tell her you have no idea because you have no idea how you really feel about Renko, or she about you. Then say that's the same for all relationships or something.
>> No. 66182
[x] Tell her you're not with Renko, she's got it wrong.
Better clear out any misunderstandings~. (And dig our own grave when Renko hears about it and gets disheartened/jealous/angry/whatever)
>> No. 66183
[ ] Tell her you're not with Renko, she's got it wrong

it's called a 'strap-on'
>> No. 66184
[x] Tell her you're not with Renko, she's got it wrong.
>> No. 66185
[x] Tell her you're not with Renko yet, she's got it wrong

add one word, a slip of a tongue, and suddenly the sentence get's a different tone~
>> No. 66186
This is a certified Suika-slap moment.
[x] Tell her you're as clueless as she is, sorry.
>> No. 66188
[X] Tell her you're not with Renko yet, she's got it wrong
>> No. 66189
[ ] Tell her you're not with Renko, she's got it wrong. Then, under your breath, add a "...yet".
>> No. 66190
[x] Tell her you're not with Renko, she's got it wrong.
>> No. 66191
[x] Tell her you're as clueless as she is, sorry.
[x] Ask why she wants to know.

Heh, time to embarrass her a little me thinks.
>> No. 66192
[X] Tell her you're as clueless as she is, sorry.
[X] Ask why she wants to know.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather like to get close to Renko, thank you very much.
>> No. 66193
[X] Tell her you're as clueless as she is, sorry.
>> No. 66194
>>66191
If the Hell Raven blushes, do we get irradiated?
>> No. 66195
Writing now!
>> No. 66196
"N-no-" You stammer. "I m-mean, I'm not," You take a deep breath. "I'm not with Renko ... howev-"

However much you'd like to be.

"Huh?" Utsuho looks up, expression dropping. "Oh."
"Y-yeah, you got it mixed up. S-sorry."
Utsuho just stands there for a long moment, looking at you, mouth open a little. Then she frowns to herself, cheeks turning red as she blushes.
Oh, this just got uncomfortable.
"I m-mean, not that there's a-anything wro-" You start.
"No!" Utsuho holds her hand up. "Stop, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have even asked that. Just stop."
You shut your mouth. Utsuho turns around, kneeling down next to Satori and needlessly tucking the sheet in further.
"I'll be along in a bit." Utsuho says, voice devoid of emotion.
"Oh. I-"
"Just go eat." She says, voice as sullen as her expression now.

------------------------------

When you get back to the sitting room, Ran has already laid out the food. Orin and Renko are both eating. You sit down next to Renko.
"Hey." She says, smiling and pointing at the bowl of rice in front of you. "Yours!"
You smile back, glancing over the food on the table. There's rice, some kind of fried meat, probably chicken. There's vegetables mixed in with your rice and more tea on the table, freshly poured and steaming.
"Where's Okuu?" Orin asks, peering at you.
"Oh!" You glance at Renko, already feeling awkward. "She's uh ... just on her way."
"Hmmm~?" Orin cocks her head at you, but then goes back to eating. She takes small, quick little bites, holding her food up to her mouth each time.
Ran emerges from the kitchen and joins you at the table.
"T-thanks again Ran!" You mange to say. This really is very good of her.
"You're welcome." She smiles at you. "Now eat, please!"

You dig in.

The table is pretty quiet, everyone must be really hungry, or perhaps just tired out by what happened earlier with Satori. You don't worry about it too much, just happy to finally be getting a proper meal. You wolf down the rice, feeling more and more content as a happy, full sensation starts in your stomach. You glance over at Renko, who is eating more slowly, seemingly lost in thought. Utsuho still hasn't turned up and Orin keeps looking over at the door.
Ran looks sleepy.

[ ] Just eat in silence.
[ ] Say something [?]
>> No. 66197
[x] Especially one like that? What does she mean?
>> No. 66198
[x] "O- Okuu sure is taking her time..."
[x] Ask if someone should go fetch her or take a bowl over there
>> No. 66202
Hey, Okuu. Cheer up already. Everybody's gay in Gensokyo.
>> No. 66203
>>66199
>>66198

[x] Compliment the food.
[x] Ask Ran how she met the various fauna that are crawling around Mayohiga.
[x] "O- Okuu sure is taking her time...

Fusion!
>> No. 66205
>>66198
Unable to delete, adding
[x] Compliment the food.

Ran likes being complimented.
>> No. 66207
[x] Just eat in silence.

>Ran looks sleepy.

[x] Offer to wash the dishes once the meal is over.
>> No. 66208
[x] Compliment the food.
[x] Ask Ran how she met the various fauna that are crawling around Mayohiga.
[x] "O- Okuu sure is taking her time...
>> No. 66209
[x] Compliment the food.
[x] Ask Ran how she met the various fauna that are crawling around Mayohiga.
[x] "O- Okuu sure is taking her time...
>> No. 66210
[x] Complement the food.
[x] Ask Ran how she met the various fauna that are crawling around Mayohiga.
[x] "O- Okuu sure is taking her time...
>> No. 66211
[x] Compliment the food.
[x] Ask if someone should go fetch Okuu or take a bowl over there
[x] Offer to wash the dishes once the meal is over.
>> No. 66213
Writing now~
>> No. 66227
"This is really good Ran." You smile at her between mouthfuls. She perks up and looks over at you.
"Oh?" She really looks tired. When you met her this morning, she had just tugged her dress over her head, right? And she was talking to Yuka in the night. How late was she up, has she even slept much at all? You feel a sudden pang of guilt. Whatever she's been doing, you're pretty sure she's been doing it to help you. And dealing with Yukari's slow death ... with Gensokyo ...
She needs a hug, doesn't she? You make a mental note to maybe try getting her alone sometime and thanking her. You think you could probably get the words out if it was just in front of her, Ran's presence is relaxing and reassuring.
"Y-yeah!" You say, nodding vigourously. "It's delicious, I've been mostly eating from t-tins and stuff since ... a l-long time." You swallow down another mouthful of rice.
"Thank you!" Ran breaks into a smile, cheeks reddening a little. It looks like joy rather than embarrassment though. "But," she frowns a little. "What do you mean, eating off of tin?"
Renko laughs a little and explains for you. "No, not off of tin. Out of tins, it's a way of packaging food on the outside."
"Oh." Ran says, chewing her lip in thought. "Like how the Kappa and Tengu put food in little metal boxes?"
Renko nods. "It's probably a similar thing, yes."

You glance around the room while Renko speaks. Where have those foxes got to again?
"H-hey Ran." You say, laying your chopsticks back down on the table. "How did you get all the animals here? Like the cat and the foxes?"
Ran's eyes widen a little and she freezes for a moment. "Well ... uh-"
Renko glances over at you, frowning.
"Wh-what?" You look back at her. It's not nice when she looks at you like that, not nice at all. You don't want Renko to look at you with that kind of expression.
"No." Ran says. "No, it's okay."
Orin's stopped eating now, just looking between you and Ran, a curious expression on her face.
"The foxes you saw before." Ran starts. "They're kitsune. I uplifted them, so they're only very young. They were just ordinary foxes from the forest around Mayohiga."
"Uplifted?" Renko says.
"Ah, yes." Ran clears her throat. "A process of accelerating the change between animal and beast-youkai."
Renko's eyes widen as a little as Ran speaks.
"My rather ... advanced age allows me to do such things, but I must keep it quiet. I had no other choice though, their help is often required ." Ran glances uncomfortably at Orin.
"I mean," Ran continues. "They're not upsetting any-"
"You're not supposed to be doing that." Orin says, voice very quiet.
Ran frowns with irritation and looks at Orin. "What else was I to do?"
Orin doesn't say anything, just goes back to her food. Ran sighs.

"What's the matter?" Renko asks.
Ran rests her chin on her hands. "Basically, the celestial court would ... dislike me performing such actions. Things are to be kept in balance. I had no time to apply for permission, nor do I have access to the proper channels any more. It had to be done."
Orin is just looking glumly into her bowl of food. Somehow, the atmosphere has turned sour.

You can't bear this silence, this tension.

"O-okuu sure is taking her time ..."
"Yeah!" Orin perks up again, smiling at you. "What did you do to her? Bad human~" Orin giggles and reaches across the table, picking up the bowl that was laid out for Utsuho.
She offers it to you. "Go take her some food!"
"Wha- me? N-no-"
"She'll come in her own time." Renko says, voice with an edge of warning in it.
"I was just saying ..." Orin looks down, bottom lip sticking out.

[ ] Oh, you'll go. Orin looks so sad now.
[ ] Orin should go. She's Utsuho's friend anyway.
[ ] Ask Renko to do it, you'll help Ran wash up.
>> No. 66228
[ ] Orin should go. She's Utsuho's friend anyway.
>> No. 66229
[x] Ask Renko to do it, you'll help Ran wash up.
>> No. 66230
[ ] Oh, you'll go. Orin looks so sad now.
>> No. 66240
[x] Ask Renko to do it, you'll help Ran wash up.

>Renko glances over at you, frowning.

What?
>> No. 66243
[X] You'll go, but Renko will come with you. (Brook no arguments from her. You need her to come with you.)
>> No. 66244
[ ] Orin should go. She's Utsuho's friend anyway.
[ ] "She doesn't seem to like me much, but seeing you should cheer her up!"
>> No. 66247
[ ] Orin should go. She's Utsuho's friend anyway.
[ ] "She doesn't seem to like me much, but seeing you should cheer her up!"
>> No. 66248
[x] Orin should go. She's Utsuho's friend anyway.
[x] "She doesn't seem to like me much, but seeing you should cheer her up!"
>> No. 66249
[x] Orin should go. She's Utsuho's friend anyway.
[x] "She doesn't seem to like me much, but seeing you should cheer her up!"
>> No. 66251
[x] Orin should go. She's Utsuho's friend anyway.
[x] "She doesn't seem to like me much, but seeing you should cheer her up!"
>> No. 66252
Okay, food first, then I write.
>> No. 66256
Poor pets. You heartless people!
>> No. 66263
So Utsuho's hot for Orin? Would explain why she wasn't too happy about the petting.
>> No. 66264
The idea of going back to Utsuho now, after that awkward conversation, you don't like that. No, Utsuho doesn't really like you at all and whatever happened earlier has just made her uncomfortable.
"Well ..." You say, glancing at Renko, who is still looking at Orin. "I ... Okuu ... well ... she doesn't seem to like me much, but seeing you should cheer her up!" You say, trying to smile at the same time.
"Hm?" Orin looks back up at you, blinking.
"Y-yeah!" You nod. "You're her friend, go on."
"Meeee~?" Orin leans forward, grinning. "But-"
"She doesn't want to go." Renko says, voice a lot more gentle now. "She's full, let her rest."
"Humph~" Orin sits back down and starts spooning rice into the bowl, before hopping to her feet and skipping to the door.
"Come play again later!" She says as she leaves the kitchen.

"Play?" Renko asks you.
"Oh!" You redden a little. "S-she was just very ... c-cat-like, earlier, I m-mean."
Why must you sound so guilty? Orin was just being friendly. She's a cat! Renko ... you don't want Renko to look at you like that.
Thankfully, Renko smiles again and reaches over, ruffling your hair and making you giggle.
"Hey!" You duck away from her hand.
"You really like animals don't you?" She asks.
You shrug. "I guess so ... yeah. O-orin's j-just a cat after all."
Renko looks at you for a long moment. "... yeah."
"Would you two mind helping with the washing up?" Ran asks, getting to her feet.
"Of course not." Renko says.
"O-okay!" You reply.

------------------------------

The washing up doesn't take that long at all, Ran works like a machine. Precise, fast movements, not even watching what her hands are doing while you and Renko try your best to keep up with her. Ran natters about the food, telling you about various kinds of rice she can still get here in Gensokyo, and about the difficulty of getting new things now the humans have closed off their village.

"Well." Ran says, putting the last dish away. "I suggest you relax for the rest of the day, I'm going to wait until Satori wakes up and then speak with her about some other matters, if she is well. Shall I inform you when she's awake?
"Oh ... er-" You glance over at Renko, who is drying her hands on a towel. She doesn't react, merely looking at Ran.
"Yeah." You say. "L-like you said, maybe she can help me."
Ran nods. "Maybe she can. Very well."
"Is it safe outside this time of day?" Renko asks.
"Hm?" Ran raises an eyebrow. "Yes, it should be. Mayohiga is a perfectly safe place, just stay out of the forest and don't wander too far from the buildings."
Renko nods. "Okay, thanks."
Ran leaves the kitchen after giving a little bow of her head. Renko steps over to you and without warning, grabs your hand, smiling.
"Feel like going outside for a bit?"

[ ] Yeah, go for a walk with Renko.
[ ] Actually, you'd rather take a nap right now, you're tired.
>> No. 66265
[X] Yeah, go for a walk with Renko.
>> No. 66266
[ ] Yeah, go for a walk with Renko.
>> No. 66267
[x] Actually, you'd rather take a nap right now, you're tired.

She must be pretty pissed. That smile just seems to say "I'm not going to hold back."
>> No. 66268
[x] Yeah, go for a walk with Renko.

But you also could eat us right here, little wolf!
>> No. 66269
[X] Yeah, go for a walk with Renko.

Considering what's waiting for us in the dreams, i think going for a walk is a good idea...
>> No. 66271
[X] Actually, you'd rather just rest right now, you're tired. Lie down for a while beside Renko, maybe.
>> No. 66274
[X] Yeah, go for a walk with Renko.

>>66268

In before Yuka is outside.
>> No. 66275
[X] Yeah, go for a walk with Renko.
>> No. 66276
[X] Yeah, go for a walk with Renko.
>> No. 66277
[X] Yeah, go for a walk with Renko.
>> No. 66290
That's all for tonight, falling asleep on my feet for some reason. Back tomorrow!
>> No. 66333
>Ran leaves the kitchen after giving a little bow of her head. Renko steps over to you and without warning, grabs your hand, smiling.
>"Feel like going outside for a bit?"

Renko's being pretty insistent here. I wonder what's up.

[X] Yeah, go for a walk with Renko.
>> No. 66401
"Yeah, okay." You nod as Renko squeezes your hand and smiles.
"Good, I need to get some fresh air." She says, pulling you closer so your arm is intertwined with hers. You stiffen at the contact. Holding her hand is nice but ... so close like this? You can feel the warmth of her arm against yours though the fabric of her sleeve.
Renko leads you out of the kitchen and through the corridors of Mayohiga, not once letting go of your hand. Your heart is pounding against your chest now, you dare not say anything, although you keep glancing over at her. Renko's held your hand before but ... not with this level of closeness. What does it mean? What did the underwear she gave you mean? What does all this mean? Oh, Renko ...

------------------------------

Outside, the sun is high in the sky. The buildings of Mayohiga glow in the sunlight, all deep oranges and browns. The whole place looks like it dropped straight out of a fairy-tale. Renko leads you out of the door and onto the little stone pathway that winds off between the buildings.
"Ah." She sighs contentedly, closing her eyes. "Been inside a little too long." She grins to herself.
"Y-yeah." You say.
Renko looks over at you. "That place is like a rabbit warren." She says.
"Hm? What do you mean?"
She shrugs. "The way all the corridors connect up, the individual branching rooms. It feels too ... open in some places and too closed in others."
Renko noticed all that? You were mostly just thinking about how being inside Mayohiga is kind of nice. It's comfortable and warm, somehow full of familiar smells too.
"You ... you don't l-like it here?" You ask Renko.
"It's nice and all." She says, chewing her lip. "But it's ... it could be a mess, in a fight."
You swallow. She shouldn't be having to think about such things. Ran said Mayohiga is safe, right? It's a safe place, nobody's going to come here and try to hurt you, Renko can relax, right?
"B-but it's safe here." You say.
Renko glances over at you, her expression nearly unreadable. She looks worried, but she catches herself and smiles again.
"Of course it is. I just like to be prepared." She says.

You turn a corner, around one of the buildings, so you can no longer be seen from the main doorway. Out here on the edge there are plants and spaces of open grass, a few tall trees for shade and the edge of the forest, blotting out the horizon less than a hundred meters away. You can see a few squirrels running up and down branches and birds flitting between the tree tops.
"Shall we sit down?" Renko asks you, nodding towards one of the shorter trees. She has an odd expression on her face, like she's struggling to keep her smile up over something underneath.
"Oh? Y-yeah." She still hasn't let go of your hand.

The shade beneath the tree is nice, grass soft enough to sit on. Renko finally lets go of your hand and leans back against the bark, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath. You settle next to her, legs crossed.
"Nice out here, isn't it?" She says.
"Mmm."
"Not like back home. There's no pollution here."
"Y-yeah." Why can't you say anything? What is this? What's ... you take a deep breathing, trying to calm yourself down.
Renko just sits in silence for a moment, then turns to look at you. She opens her mouth to say something, but then closes it again, gulping.

[ ] Pretend you didn't notice that.
[ ] Say something [?]
>> No. 66403
[X] "Go ahead if you want to say something."
>> No. 66404
Keep in mind, of course, that anything you say is going to be implemented through the protagonist's way of thinking. Enjoy!
>> No. 66405
{X} "Go ahead if you want to say something."
>> No. 66406
[x] "R- Renko, what's... what's wrong? With this place, with... with you, with ...me, ... wi- with us?"
[x] Look sad, but caring. Maybe sob a little.
>> No. 66407
[X] "Go ahead if you want to say something."
>> No. 66408
[x] "Go ahead if you want to say something."

Whatever.
>> No. 66409
[x] "Eat me already!"
>> No. 66410
[X] "Go ahead if you want to say something."
>> No. 66411
[X] "Go ahead if you want to say something."
>> No. 66412
[x] "Go ahead if you want to say something."
>> No. 66416
>Keep in mind, of course, that anything you say is going to be implemented through the protagonist's way of thinking. Enjoy!

[X] Say something [He-hey...that time, wh-ehn I k-kiled that guy...it was s-strange. I felt horrible after bu-but wduring i-it, it was s-so...thrilling.]

Joking, joking. As much as I'd like to put Ebolanon on the monster path, it just won't happen with all other anons aiming for Renko and the good-girl path.

[X] "Go ahead if you want to say something."

Renko is probably going to say all that's in her mind now. She left many things behind, so I'm expecting for an awful lot.

Screw it, even if I'm alone, I must try it all the way.
>> No. 66417
>>66416
I have to agree that the other vote seems a tad bit bland and boring, but still you don't have my axe, sir.
>> No. 66420
I wonder how far we can venture from Mayohiga proper before we leave the should-be safe zone Ran mentioned.
>> No. 66424
>>66420

Let's not find out.
>> No. 66426
Writing now~
>> No. 66427
>>66404
Hey, HY, did you get all your university stuff out of the way or is it still keeping you from writing as much as you (or we) would like?
>> No. 66428
>>66427
Yes, I still have a lot to deal with, and will do for the next 5 weeks or so. I'm trying to keep the updates flowing with at least 3 or 4 a day though.
>> No. 66429
>>66420
>"Mayohiga is a perfectly safe place, just stay out of the forest and don't wander too far from the buildings."

We should be fine here, I think it's just the fact that if we lose sight of the village we might not be able to get back.
>> No. 66431
>>66428
Oh, that's bothersome. Hang in there. As of today, I consider myself alumnus. Yesterday I passed my last exam, graduate thesis is still to be graded but however it's going to turn out, it won't take away much of my grade, so that's that and I'm looking forward to student teaching in January.
Feels really good, but I don't really have anything to pass time. So I'm eagerly waiting for your updates, hah.

>I'm trying to keep the updates flowing with at least 3 or 4 a day though.
At first I read 'a week', then I read again. You really are some sort of machine.
>> No. 66432
>>66428
Hey, HY. Can Sakuya come out and play?
>> No. 66434
>>66431

Contrary to popular belief, updating 3-4 times a day is not THAT hard. Especially if you have free time and nothing to do with it.

Oh, and votes. Let's not forget votes.
>> No. 66435
>>66434
I laughed
>> No. 66440
>>66434

And let's not forget HY hasn't been walling us. There are updates of considerable size, but nothing gigantic like how U.N.Owen has been doing.

Well, can't forget that UNOwen also puts a line in between dialogues, but let's keep that aside, shall we?
>> No. 66441
"R-renko?" You fidget nervously with your hands. "Do ... w-were you g-going to say something?"
Renko just looks at you, swallowing again.
"G-go ahead." You say, trying to smile. "Y-you can tell me."
"I ..." Renko stops and takes a deep breath. "I ... I don't really know how to put this." She laughs a little to herself, her eyes finding yours again.
"Have you ... well, have you ever ... um ..." She trails off again, frowning to herself.
You just stare at her. Renko's having trouble saying something? You've not seen her like this before, she's always so confident, so empowered.
"W-what's the matter Renko?" You ask, peering at her face.
"It's ..." She suddenly reaches over, putting her hand on your knee. You both just look at that hand for a long moment.

Why's she-

"Have you ever been so sure about something that you can't do anything but follow your impulses?" She says, speaking quickly, not looking at you.
"Wha- what?"
"It's-" She stops, looking up at you.
"Okay, no more stalling." She blinks once and then puts her other hand on your cheek, cupping your face. Her cheeks are slowly turning red.
Your heart slams against your ribs and your breath stops in your throat.
"R-r-renko?"
She leans forwards, so unhesitant, so forceful. Her lips part as she turns her head a little and reaches your face.
"Mm!" The shock of it is too much, you can barely react as she kisses you once, full on the lips.

"Ah." She pulls back after a moment, red in the face and staring into your eyes, looking for some kind of reaction.
"R-renko?" You put your hand on hers, the one cupping your cheek. What ... what do you do? Should you-
"Too little, more." She murmurs to herself, darting her head forward and kissing you again. This time you know what's coming and you can feel it. The first kiss was too brief, too fleeting. This time-
It's firm, powerful. Not like when Yuka tried to kiss you, not the horrible brushing of lips like a moth batting itself against your face. Being kissed by Renko isn't like that at all, she's full of energy and passion. She tastes ... good, a little like how she smells. You can't help yourself, this is too much, you surrender and just let her take as much as she wants. For a long, wonderful moment, there is nothing in the world but her lips.
She finally pulls back.
"Oh." She smiles and puts a hand up to her face. "I'm ... I shouldn't have-"
"No." You breathe, shaking your head and nervously, hesitantly, taking her hands and intertwining your fingers with hers.
"That was ... g-good." You say.

You're too overwhelmed to think properly. Renko is ... amazing. But, did you want this? Really? If you reject her now then you'll lose her forever, right? You can't- but you want- but-

A soft laugh comes from behind Renko. She shuts her eyes and tenses up, you go cold.
"Don't you know it's rude to watch people like that?" Renko says, gritting her teeth.
"Don't you know it's rude to mate in other people's gardens?" Yuka's voice floats across the grass.
You look around Renko, shifting uncomfortably. Yuka is standing a few feet away, smiling slyly at the pair of you.
"M-m- what?" You stammer.
"Go away Yuka." Renko says.
"Oh?" Yuka says, taking a few steps closer. "I don't think I can~"
Renko opens her eyes and looks into yours.
"I'm sorry." She mouths silently to you, before standing up and turning to face Yuka.
"What do you want? You've already done enough damage for one day."
"Damage?" Yuka cocks her head and taps her lips with a long finger. "Little one~ You have no idea what you're talking about."
Yuka keeps smiling.
Renko doesn't say anything.
"W-we could go b-back inside?" You venture, scrambling to your feet, but staying back for now.
Renko doesn't look back at you. "But you'll follow us, won't you Yuka?"
Yuka's smile breaks into a grin and then she nods. "You're claiming her, aren't you? I can't leave you two alone after that."

Very slowly, with her back turned to you, Renko reaches up to her face with one hand.
Yuka's grin drops, turning into a frown.
"My my." She says, no amusement in her voice this time. "How did I miss that?"
Renko shrugs, her hand dropping to her side.
"I'm going to kill you now." Yuka grins again.
"I'm faster than you, Yuka." Renko says. "Back down, you don't want this."
"Really~?" Yuka raises an eyebrow.

Renko's hand slip into her sleeves. You can hear the rasp of her blade sliding from the handle.

[ ] "Stop! I'm ... R-Renko's not ... not 'claiming' me." You can't let this happen.
[ ] Run back to the house, get Ran.
[ ] Grab Renko, run back to the house.
[ ] You can't move, you're too scared.
>> No. 66442
[x] "Stop! I'm ... R-Renko's not ... not 'claiming' me." You can't let this happen.

Ebolanon's a person. Not a possession.
>> No. 66445
[x] Grab Renko, run back to the house.

FUCK!
>> No. 66446
>>66440
>puts a line in between dialogues

Man, this shit pisses me off.
>> No. 66447
[ ] Grab Renko, run back to the house

I have no idea what the best course of action is.
>> No. 66448
I don't think grabbing Renko is a good idea. You're practically restraining her when a fight is inevitable. Yuka is going to attack and Renko doesn't need anyone hanging onto her.
>> No. 66452
>Renko reaches up to her face with one hand.
Yuka's grin drops

What? "Look me in the eye"? Hidden power?
>> No. 66453
>>66442
Even though she is kinda possessed by a worm every so often.

[x] You can't move, you're too scared.
>> No. 66454
>>66448 might be onto something. Yuka can definetly cacht up with us no matter how much we run. However...

>"I'm faster than you, Yuka." Renko says. "Back down, you don't want this."

This is something worth to consider. I don't really trust in this statement, but people usually save their trump card for last.
>> No. 66455
[X] You can't move, you're too scared.
>> No. 66456
[x] "Stop! I'm ... R-Renko's not ... not 'claiming' me." You can't let this happen.

Grabbing Renko and running just seems to be begging for Yuka to intercept them and either tear Renko's arm off or KO Ebolanon and continue the fight.

Stand up to her.
>> No. 66457
>>66449

I don't think we're the price here. Yuka just wants to fight Renko, now that Renko has made up her mind and has something to fight for.
>> No. 66458
[X] Run back to the house, get Ran.

This looks like the best thing to do. Renko sounds confident enough to hold her own for a bit.


[ ] Grab Renko, run back to the house.

Ebolanon is not as fast as Yuka, she won't be running too far. This will also make Renko defenseless.

[ ] You can't move, you're too scared.

Useless
>> No. 66459
>>66432
>Sakuya!jOmBcI54aU!!WwAwN5BJHj 08/11/06(Thu)13:05 >No. 22472

Coincidence? I think not!
>> No. 66460
[ ] You can't move, you're too scared.

I have no idea what to do.
>> No. 66461
[ ] You can't move, you're too scared.
>> No. 66462
>>66445
Would like to delete this, but the site won't let me because of the pw being incorrect. I'm getting that a lot recently.

[x] Run back to the house, get Ran.

Still rather clueless, but >>66458 has a point there.
>> No. 66463
[x] You can't move, you're too scared.

Whatever.
>> No. 66464
[x] "Stop! I'm ... R-Renko's not ... not 'claiming' me." You can't let this happen.

I'd rather hurt Renko's feelings than let Yuka kill her.
>> No. 66465
{X} Run back to the house, get Ran.
>> No. 66466
>>66452
>What? "Look me in the eye"? Hidden power?

Maybe she removed a contact or did something that otherwise indicated she isn't entirely human. Whatever it is, we know Renko isn't normal from the way she was able to defend against Youki.
>> No. 66469
[x] You can't move, you're too scared.
>> No. 66470
>Very slowly, with her back turned to you, Renko reaches up to her face with one hand.
>Yuka's grin drops, turning into a frown.
>"My my." She says, no amusement in her voice this time. "How did I miss that?"
Renko showed Yuuka something we don't know about, which made Yuuka serious the fuck up and declare intent to kill.

>"I'm faster than you, Yuka." Renko says. "Back down, you don't want this."
Renko, who's seen what Yuuka is capable of, is calmly declaring herself superior in a fight. Either she's suddenly lost her fucking mind, or she has something incredible up her sleeve.


>[ ] You can't move, you're too scared.
I almost want to vote this, because I want to see what Renko's really capable of, but Yuuka's a bad choice for a test case. We should at least try to do something. Grabbing Renko would distract her and give Yuuka an opening, running away would just make us miss the fight, and the other option sounds like we're rejecting Renko, so...

[x] As loud as you can: "Stop f-fighting over m-me! I'm not ... not a p-possession!!"
>> No. 66471
Renko is some type of succubus and she just absorbed some of Ebolanon's power.
>> No. 66472
[x] You can't move, you're too scared.
>> No. 66473
[x] Run back to the house, get Ran.
>> No. 66474
[x] Run back to the house, get Ran.
>> No. 66475
>>66404

Was this 'bonus' only for that one vote? Because if so, it sure seems to have been wasted.
>> No. 66476
>>66475
No, he means that awesome write ins will come out as Ebloanon would say it.
>> No. 66477
>>66475
No, that counts for anything you write in or try to say.
>> No. 66478
[x] You can't move, you're too scared.
>> No. 66480
Poor, useless Ebolanon. Anyway, new thread on its way and then that's it for the night.
>> No. 66487
>>66480

hooray!