[Return]
Archived thread

File 122453666212.jpg - (250.74KB , 550x754 , 1860279.jpg ) [iqdb]
63188 No. 63188
"Y-yuka!" You say, pointing at the man, trying to stop your finger from shaking with the fear. "His head, stop it before it happens again!"
"What?" Renko says, frowning at you. She obviously hasn't noticed what's happening, but she levels her pistol at the man anyway. Yuka, on the other hand, grins at you with a mixture of delight and some twisted kind of pleasure.
'Well spotted, little one, well spotted!" She yells as she pounces on the man, not wasting a moment. The foxes growl and nip at the man's legs as Yuka digs her fingers in, jamming them into the gap between the body-suit and the helmet. There's a crack and a hiss, the sudden noise of juddering machinery as she holds the helmet in place. Then she stains upwards, trying to pull the helmet off.
It doesn't budge, so she slams it back to the floor. The helmet splinters and cracks, bits of material flaking away from it. She tugs on it again and it comes away in her hands without any resistance.

Yuka tumbles backwards, overbalancing herself and landing on her ass with a soft thump.
"Ouch." She says, rubbing her behind. You marvel at the fact she responded to such a small thing, but not to having her head almost caved in.
The foxes swarm forwards and your gaze flicks back to the man.

It really is a man. You think. The skin is so pale as to be almost white, splattered with a little blood leaking from his noise and mouth. He's completely bald, doesn't even have any eyebrows or eyelashes. His eyes are wide and staring, focused on nothing, so bloodshot they're almost completely red.
"Stop!" Yuka yells. The foxes stop their advance on the man's face, growling at him, pacing back and fourth. Renko trains her gun on his head, letting go of your hand so she can steady her aim.
"Stay by me" She says, quietly. "Might not be safe yet."
Yuka drops the helmet to the floor at her feet and wipes some of the blood from her face, not taking her eyes off the man. He seems to be coming around, blinking and spluttering, blood bubbling from his lips. Yuka hops forward, light on her feet, placing one heel squarely on the man's forehead and grinning down at him.
"You fight hard." She says, licking her lips. "Who are you?"
He doesn't reply, just swallows and gazes up at her with clouded eyes.
"Not talking?" Yuka smiles and shrugs. "Oh well~"

She brings her foot up, grinning again.

"Bye bye~"

[ ] Let Yuka finish him. She knows what she's doing.
[ ] "Stop!" Maybe you can question him. Find out something, at the very least.
[ ] Look away, you don't want to see this, it's horrible.
[ ] "Stop!" Ask to finish him yourself, this is all about you anyway. You need release, you need something to focus all this on.

>> No. 63189
[X] "Stop!" Maybe you can question him. Find out something, at the very least.

Without that helmet he should be harmless.

Maybe
>> No. 63191
[X] "Stop!" Ask to finish him yourself, this is all about you anyway. You need release, you need something to focus all this on.

haha
>> No. 63192
[X] "Stop!" Ask to finish him yourself, this is all about you anyway. You need release, you need something to focus all this on.
Though I'm slightly worried that this'll backfire, it's certainly the manly option.
>> No. 63193
[ ] Look away, you don't want to see this, it's horrible.
>> No. 63194
[x] "Stop!" Ask to finish him yourself, this is all about you anyway. You need release, you need something to focus all this on.

Fuck it.

We need to stop bottling things up. We need to cut loose.
>> No. 63195
[X] "Stop!" Maybe you can question him. Find out something, at the very least.

Who ARE we fighting anyway? Darth Vader?
>> No. 63197
>>63195

We're fighting The Fury.
>> No. 63198
[x] "Stop!" Maybe you can question him. Find out something, at the very least.
>> No. 63200
[x] "Stop!" Maybe you can question him. Find out something, at the very least.
>> No. 63201
[X] Let Yuka finish him. She knows what she's doing.
[X] Look away, you don't want to see this, it's horrible.
>> No. 63202
[X] Look away, you don't want to see this, it's horrible.

Choosing the currently in-character response.
>> No. 63203
[x] "Stop!" Maybe you can question him. Find out something, at the very least.
>> No. 63204
[x] "Stop!" Ask to finish him yourself, this is all about you anyway. You need release, you need something to focus all this on.

I don't think he'll talk.

And stress stinks.
>> No. 63205
[ODIN] "Stop!" Ask to finish him yourself, this is all about you anyway. You need release, you need something to focus all this on.
[ODIN] "Hello little man, I have something to show you. You won't mind, will you?"
[ODIN] ɱɐK℈ ª ⅁Aℙ


Recklessly charging forward towards the dark side.
>> No. 63206
wat
>> No. 63207
[x] "Stop!" Ask to finish him yourself, this is all about you anyway. You need release, you need something to focus all this on.

This choice reminds me of that scene in Silent Hill 2 where Angela smashes the Door Monster's head in with a fucking TV.

I liked that scene.
>> No. 63208
[x] "Stop!" Maybe you can question him. Find out something, at the very least.

Trying to kill someone right now would not be good for our psyche. We've barely been managing not to collapse and start crying.
>> No. 63209
>>63208

Says you. I think it'll help us not collapse and start crying if we just let go.

[x] "Stop!" Ask to finish him yourself, this is all about you anyway. You need release, you need something to focus all this on.
>> No. 63210
>>63208
Our psyche is already fucked up beyond recognition from being vitually tortured by yukari every night for two years. Crushing an enemy's head is a minor incident compared to all that.
>> No. 63211
[x] "Stop!" Ask to finish him yourself, this is all about you anyway. You need release, you need something to focus all this on.

Renko: "What."
Anon: "R-renko, I'm serious. Gimme the gun."
Renko: "Wait, what? No!"
Anon: "Look if you don't give the gun, then... then... I'll have use those p-powers again, and I don't think you want to have to clean up everything like you did last time."
Yuka: "Awesome~!"
>> No. 63212
>>63208
I'm not sure that questioning him will be much better than just killing him. As unwilling as he appears to be to talk, he will likely have to be "persuaded" to speak.

If you think killing him is bad for our psyche, how do you think we'll fare any better witnessing the sort of methods someone like Yuka would be likely to employ in an interrogation? Assuming he doesn't have some sort of self-destruct, killing him will probably be an act of mercy by the time she's finished with him.
>> No. 63213
[X] "Stop!" Ask to finish him yourself, this is all about you anyway. You need release, you need something to focus all this on.
[X] "Hello little man, I have something to show you. You won't mind, will you?"
[X] ɱɐK℈ ª ⅁Aℙ
>> No. 63214
[X] Look away, you don't want to see this, it's horrible.

We really need to stop trying to be all action heroey and tuck our tail more.
>> No. 63217
[X] Look away, you don't want to see this, it's horrible.
>> No. 63218
>>63212

It's pretty clear from the way the last update ended that she's just going to stomp his head into pieces, shattering his skull beyond repair.

I seriously don't get the whole attitude that we absolutely have to start kicking ass and taking names, right here and now. There's an appropriate time for everything, and asking to kill the guy ourselves right now seems... really incongruous with the preceding scenes. I mean, yeah, we'll need to take charge at some point, but this doesn't seem like the appropriate time.
>> No. 63219
>>63214

When have we been "action heroey"? Being "action heroey" would have been punching this fucker in the face instead of running away and letting Yuka be the action hero. If anything, we're in "I'm stressed as hell and I can't take it anymore" mode.

[x] "Stop!" Ask to finish him yourself, this is all about you anyway. You need release, you need something to focus all this on.
>> No. 63220
>asking to kill the guy ourselves right now seems... really incongruous with the preceding scenes.

Youki motherfucking Konpaku invaded our house and tried to kill us for some reason.

The next day, Mokou found us, held us hostage, then tried to set a train on fire.

Now, we've been ambushed and attacked by Darth Vader.

Thinking it's incongruous to want to find some release at this point... I'm going to have to disagree with you.
>> No. 63221
As I see things this isn't about being a hero, and not really about action either. It's about being pushed too goddamn far and giving some pain back to the fuckers that are hounding us.

Making a point, if you will.
>> No. 63222
>>63220

Also, before all of this, TWO YEARS OF YUKARI MINDFUCKING.

I'm declaring "out of character" to be the new "GAR".
>> No. 63223
>>63220
>>63221

Oh, I understand the need for release. I'm just saying that the character Anemianon has displayed to this point would make one suspect she's more likely to pass out and escape the worries of the world when stressed too much, or suffer a major breakdown to avoid thinking about things, rather than lash out and try to murder something. No matter how horrid her circumstances are, she's been nothing but frightened or repulsed by violence so far.

Simply put, the only times that she's displayed anything so much as the slightest inkling of a desire to hurt something was when Youki was attempting to hurt Renko. Anemianon doesn't seem the type to use violence unless pressed with no other option.

But, whatever, I guess that's just my opinion.
>> No. 63224
>>63223

Yeah, it's your opinion.

The fact that the options for violence are there, period, means she IS capable of such a thing.
>> No. 63225
Well, time to find out.

Writing now!
>> No. 63226
>No matter how horrid her circumstances are, she's been nothing but frightened or repulsed by violence so far.

That's not true. She stood between Yuka and Mokou to try to stop their initial confrontation, she willingly approached the foxes instead of trying to lose them unlike the others, she intentionally called up the memories of her terrible lessons to attack Youki, she wasn't put off by the fact that Renko has a gun, and just now she told Yuka to attack the thing's head.
>> No. 63228
>>63226

You'll recall that she was not pleased to be in any of those circumstances, and that the prospect of violence certainly did nothing to help her relieve her stress.
>> No. 63229
>>63219
Basically every choice since the beginning when we've picked "wake up, blow holes in reality, and brush off everything that happens in a relentless pursuit of exposition and action." I loved the initial premise of this story, but the votes are a real buzzkill and it seems like it's only going to get worse. Can't enjoy my skittish moe this way.
>> No. 63230
>>63229
>brush off everything that happens in a relentless pursuit of exposition and action

I don't think you and I have been reading the same story.
>> No. 63231
>>63229

7/10

You almost got me.
>> No. 63232
>>63228

I'm also recalling a major difference between those scenarios and this one.

That difference is, "The threat of death is either not there anymore or isn't as apparent."
>> No. 63234
"Stop!" You yell, not even sure why. Your hands are shaking, your mouth is drier than ever and your insides are curled up so tight you feel dead already. Yuka holds her foot in mid-air, glancing over at you.
"Oh~ Why~?" She asks, smiling and cocking her head. The man on the floor gurgles again, one hand raising weakly.
"I ... " You stare at the scene in horror. This morning you were home, safe and sound. Renko had shot a man but everything was okay, everything was safe. You weren't dealing with people trying to kill you, with people who aren't human, with horror and violence and pain and death. You raise a shaking arm, pointing at the man on the floor.
"I want ... I." You can't tell if it's the influence of having Yuka around, or if you just need to take control, to stop yourself being buffeted between the forces around you. "I should ... I should be ... I want." You can't get the words out. To voice it is to make it true. Where is this impulse coming from? Why? Have you finally lost it? Are you being forced somehow? You shudder inside.
Yuka narrows her eyes at you, smiling slyly. "You want~?" She gestures down at the man.
You look into her eyes. So red, so deep. You nod, feeling more and more detached from yourself every moment.
"Oh my." Yuka says, stepping off the man and over to you. "Was it you who got Youki as well?" She peers at your face, expectantly. You shake you head.
"Ah~" Yuka frowns at you, not angry but just thoughtful. "First time?" She pouts a little, reaching out a finger and running it down your cheek.

The foxes circle the man's head, ignoring your conversation.

"What are you doing?" Renko takes your arm, yanking you back. "Don't involve her, not like that!" She says.
Yuka frowns at Renko, angry now. "She was making the decision!" Yuka yells. "Let her~" She turns back to you, smiling, almost ... purring? Renko looks at you as well.
"I can do it, for you." She says, tipping the gun in her other hand. "You ... you don't want to go down that path." Renko shakes her head, looking sad. "Let me."
Yuka reaches out and takes your hand all of a sudden. You can feel the blood on her, slick and sticky. You shudder at the contact. Yuka raises your hand, as if about to start dancing with you.
"I can show you." Yuka says, eyes wide, voice low and full of expectation. "Guide you. " She smiles, lips parted. "First time, little one~"

Renko squeezes your hand, shaking her head. Yuka glares at her.

[ ] Let renko do this. She is your sword.
[ ] Go with Yuka, let her guide you. First time, oh god.
[ ] No! Do this yourself, alone.
>> No. 63236
>>63229
Go back to bed, YAF.
>> No. 63238
[ ] No! Do this yourself, alone.
>> No. 63240
[x] No! Do this yourself, alone.
>> No. 63241
[X] No! Do this yourself, alone.

How delightfully sick
>> No. 63243
{X} No! Do this yourself, alone.
>> No. 63244
[X] Go with Yuka, let her guide you. First time, oh god.

Oh god yes, Yuka. Show me.
>> No. 63245
[P] Go with Yuka, let her guide you. First time, oh god.

My weakness for Yuuka compels me.

Plus, I'm not entirely sure that Shutinon will actually be able to do this without coaxing. For that matter, I'm not entirely certain I trust that thing not use one last trick to try and kill us, and having Yuuka at our side would be quite reassuring as protection.
>> No. 63246
[ODIN] Go with Yuka, let her guide you. First time, oh god.

Was going to vote for doing it alone, but Yuka~
>> No. 63248
[x] Go with Yuka, let her guide you. First time, oh god.
>> No. 63249
[ ] Go with Yuka, let her guide you. First time, oh god.

Yuka can pop our cherry.
>> No. 63250
[X] Go with Yuka, let her guide you. First time, oh god.
>> No. 63252
[X] Let Renko do this. She is your sword.
>> No. 63254
[X] No! Do this yourself, alone.
>> No. 63255
[x] No! Do this yourself, alone.

The entire point of this exercise is to stand on your own two feet. If you can't follow through or something interrupts, so be it, but the intention, the will to kill and accept full responsibility for doing so, that is what you want to express here.
>> No. 63256
[X] Go with Yuka, let her guide you. First time, oh god.
>> No. 63257
[X] Let Renko do this. She is your sword.
>> No. 63258
[x] No! Do this yourself, alone.
>> No. 63259
>>63255

And to reach all ends, one must follow a path. The journey of a thousand miles begins with but a single step. There is no shame in seeking guidance, no shame in beginning as a student. Rome was not built in a day.

In time, we shall come into our own. But for now, we must be willing to accept instruction from those who have come before.
>> No. 63260
[x] Go with Yuka, let her guide you. First time, oh god.
>> No. 63261
[x] Go with Yuka, let her guide you. First time, oh god.
>> No. 63263
Writing now.
>> No. 63264
[x] Let Renko do this. She is your sword.

This is why we brought her, isn't it?
>> No. 63265
[X] Go with Yuka, let her guide you. First time, oh god.

Yuka is expert at making people die.
>> No. 63267
[ ] It's time to live up to your family name and face FULL LIFE CONSQUENCES.
>> No. 63269
>>63264

I can't speak for anyone else, but I brought her along as emotional support for Shutinon. Renko's going to be the most "normal" person we have around, and thus the best for Shutinon to rely on when she can't handle emotional trauma. There's no need to make Renko go through dirty, traumatizing murders. She can help in other ways.
>> No. 63271
>>63269
tl;dr: Renko is our shield, not our sword.
>> No. 63272
>>63269
Renko already faced off with Youki with a knife, cold-capped him in the head, carries in Japan, and slit Mokou's throat, all without batting an eye. I don't think we need to worry about traumatizing her.
>> No. 63275
>>63272

She admitted she was shaken up afterward though, and I'd rather not make her do any more of our dirty work than necessary. As >>63271 said, Renko is our shield, not our sword.
>> No. 63276
"Yes." You breathe, staring into Yuka's eyes.
"Oh~ Little one~" She breathes back, tightening her grip on your hand a little. Not rough, but firm.
"What?" Renko says. "No! You ... can't do this, please!" You can't even bring yourself to look at Renko. You feel so guilty for this, so dirty, already. Like you've betrayed her, betrayed her trust somehow. Like you're about to taint and tarnish yourself, but you can't resist.
Yuka looks at Renko, a smug smile on her features. "She has decided."
You nod, still looking at Yuka, letting go of Renko's hand.
"No ... you." You hear Renko's voice cracking behind you as you let Yuka lead you forward. There's the faintest hint of tears in your own eyes, but you blink them away, concentrating on the sight in front of you.
Yuka stops next to the man, who is now moving his lips, the blood drying and sticking them together as he tries to say something. His hands flutter, trying to do something, but he has no strength. Who is he? Where did he come from? You banish such thoughts. Right now there is only Yuka. The foxes back up a little, staring at you, sitting on the haunches and watching the scene with curiosity.
Yuka leans down a little, so she's face to face with you.
"Come here, little one~" She opens her arms a little, smiling wistfully. You step forwards, heart in your mouth, taking her other hand. She turns her grip slowly, and you savour the feeling of her hands moving across yours. You close your eyes for a second, disgusted with yourself but unable to stop.

You don't look at Renko. But you know she's watching in horror. You can hear her choke back a sob.

Yuka then gently turns you around, so you're both facing the same way. Her chest is pressed against your back, her head over your shoulder. Her hands are intertwined with yours. This close you can actually smell her, a scent of the earth, sunflowers in bloom and the bark of old trees.
"Ready?" She breathes into your ear. You nod.
Slowly, gently, Yuka moves your hands down, forcing you to crouch. She descends with you, so you're practically sitting in her lap. She wraps your hands around the man's throat, but doesn't force you. The man's eyes meet yours, but there is no emotion there. For a moment, you want him to say something. To curse you, to scream, to beg for his life, to cry, anything at all. But he is silent.
"Now, squeeze." Yuka says.
You do as she commands. The flesh of his neck is soft, the skin thin. Your nails draw blood, as he struggles to draw breath, wheezing for air.
"That's it!" Yuka says, breathing heavily now. "Harder, harder!"
You dig your fingers in further, breaking the skin and finding purchase around the man's windpipe. The blood wells up, covering your hands. Yuka presses your hands further in with her own strength.
"Yes!" Yuka says. "Keep going!"
The man gurgles suddenly, blood bubbling from his mouth as his eyes roll into the back of his head.
"Now! Now! Tear it out!"
You feel Yuka lending you her strength again as you pull upwards. There's too much resistance, this is impossible, but then you feel Yuka gripping your hands tighter and suddenly something gives. A chunk of the man's windpipe comes away in your hands as he spasms. Blood splatters your face and you stare in horror as crimson pools around his head and neck.

He looks at you, once more, then goes limp, head lolling to the side.

You try to open your hands, to drop the slippery section of throat in your hands, but Yuka's grip is too strong. She's breathing heavily in your ear.
"Well done, little one." She says, voice full of something new. You can't tell what, you're in too much shock. Why did you do that? What ... what ... oh god. You feel sick, wobbling a little as Yuka rises from her crouch, taking you with her. You finally drop the horrible lump in your hands and stare at the man's body on the floor.

You did that? You ...

[ ] Lose it, be sick. You've just killed a man.
[ ] Lose it, break down, turn to Renko.
[ ] Turn to Yuka, you ... just ... Yuka.
[ ] Turn to Yuka, present yourself to her. You're a killer now.
[ ] Beckon to the foxes. Mark their snouts with the blood on your hands.
>> No. 63278
[X] Lose it, break down, turn to Renko.
>> No. 63280
[X] Lose it, break down, turn to Renko.
>> No. 63283
[X] Lose it, break down, turn to Renko.
>> No. 63284
[ ] Turn to Yuka, you ... just ... Yuka.
>> No. 63285
[X] Beckon to the foxes. Mark their snouts with the blood on your hands.
>> No. 63286
I'm going slightly mad~
Just very slightly mad~
>> No. 63287
[x] Beckon to the foxes. Mark their snouts with the blood on your hands.

I know absolutely NOTHING about anything, but this one sounds important.

It could also be really, really bad.

Fifty-fifty, really.

Flip the coin.
>> No. 63288
[X] Lose it, break down, turn to Renko.
>> No. 63289
[z] Lose it, break down, turn to Renko.

Breakin down gaems.
>> No. 63290
[X] Lose it, be sick. You've just killed a man.

Sickness and vomiting is apparently a rather common thing in first-time killers.
>> No. 63291
Okay, I need to lie down and relax after that scene. Seriously.

More tomorrow!
>> No. 63294
File 122454874927.jpg - (85.77KB , 798x600 , Kotomine.jpg ) [iqdb]
63294
[x] Turn to Yuka, present yourself to her. You're a killer now.

Accept it. Admit it. Deep down, you wanted to see him die, Ebolanon.
>> No. 63295
[X] Lose it, break down, turn to Renko.

Oh god what.
>> No. 63296
Anon, I expected better from you. I don't know why, but I did. So much for that clue.


[X] Lose it, break down, turn to Renko.

Time for her to be disgusted with us.
>> No. 63297
[x] Beckon to the foxes. Mark their snouts with the blood on your hands.
Then:
[x] Lose it, be sick. You've just killed a man.

You can afford to dissociate for a bit before collapsing: You're telling the foxes to be on the look-out for those with a similar scent. Considering the blank look in his eyes, this man was likely heavily drugged, and in all likelihood more will be coming.

And you don't turn to Renko here. You're horrified at yourself; you don't deserve comfort. Of course, that will make Renko want to comfort you all the more.
>> No. 63301
>>63299

No he doesn't
>> No. 63302
[x] Beckon to the foxes. Mark their snouts with the blood on your hands.
Then:
[x] Lose it, be sick. You've just killed a man.

> And you don't turn to Renko here. You're horrified at yourself; you don't deserve comfort. Of course, that will make Renko want to comfort you all the more.
That's right.
>> No. 63303
I... I don't know what to choose.
[X] Beckon to the foxes. Mark their snouts with the blood on your hands.
[X] Turn to Yuka, you ... just ... Yuka.

OH HELL.
>> No. 63304
>>63297
The good ideas always come after the flood. C'est la vie.

Anyway, bravo HY! I was in a cold sweat by the end of that.
>> No. 63305
>>63301

Your reasoning is sound.
>> No. 63306
We should have interrogated him. We probably missed something important.
>> No. 63307
[x] Beckon to the foxes. Mark their snouts with the blood on your hands.
Then:
[x] Lose it, be sick. You've just killed a man.
>> No. 63308
[x] Beckon to the foxes. Mark their snouts with the blood on your hands.
Then:
[x] Lose it, be sick. You've just killed a man.
>> No. 63309
I'm mildly tired of skittish moe~. I've always hated people getting free rides without being able to support themselves.

...Though I guess killing a guy is as much support as you can give yourself.

[x] Beckon to the foxes. Mark their snouts with the blood on your hands.

This is just cute :3
>> No. 63310
>>63305

Someone is there and willing to help you, so you turn your back on them.
>> No. 63311
>>63306
>We should have interrogated him. We probably missed something important.

The guy was a fucking zombie. You'd get more answers out of a vegetable.
>> No. 63312
>>63310

You've never dealt with a seriously traumatized person before.
>> No. 63313
>>63312

You have?
>> No. 63314
>>63311

He was able to speak, I bet he could have told us something important.
>> No. 63316
[X] Lose it, break down, turn to Renko.
>> No. 63317
[X] Lose it, be sick. You've just killed a man.
[X] "I k-killed... k-k-killed... monster... I'm a monster..."
[X] Break down and cry.

This Anon doesn't seem ready to just go ahead and accept painlessly that she's killed someone. Or ready to be totally rational after her first kill. In fact, this seems like the appropriate point for a total system crash, and her just being catatonic for a bit.

She hardly seems to be the type who would be in any condition to act freely and sensibly right now, anyhow.
>> No. 63318
[P] Lose it, be sick. You've just killed a man.
[P] "I k-killed... k-k-killed... monster... I'm a monster..."
[P] Break down and cry.

Changing vote to this.

Shutinon should be in emotional turmoil right now. She should be disgusted with herself. She can pour her heart out to someone later, right now it's time to have a good cry.
>> No. 63319
[X] Lose it, be sick. You've just killed a man.
[X] "I k-killed... k-k-killed... monster... I'm a monster..."
[X] Break down and cry.
>> No. 63320
[X] Lose it, be sick. You've just killed a man.
[X] "I k-killed... k-k-killed... monster... I'm a monster..."
[X] Break down and cry.

I'm facepalming so fucking hard right now.
>> No. 63322
[x] Lose it, be sick. You've just killed a man.
[x] "I k-killed... k-k-killed... monster... I'm a monster..."
[x] Break down and cry.

Changing vote, again.

If Renko still wants to support us, she'll come by herself.
>> No. 63324
[X] Lose it, be sick. You've just killed a man.
[X] "I k-killed... k-k-killed... monster... I'm a monster..."
[X] Break down and cry.

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

WHY COULDN'T WE HAVE INTERROGATED HIM. COULD HAVE GOTTEN SOME NICE JUICY INFO.
>> No. 63325
[x] Beckon to the foxes. Mark their snouts with the blood on your hands.
[x] Lose it, be sick. You've just killed a man.

HY is laughing at all of you right now.
>> No. 63327
>>WHY COULDN'T WE HAVE INTERROGATED HIM. COULD HAVE GOTTEN SOME NICE JUICY INFO.

It took Yuka driving her hand through his fucking chest to stop him. What more could be really done to him to make him inclined to share anything? Unless there was some chance of him being able to survive having a hand-sized hole through his body, he was pretty much as good as dead. He'd be just as likely to try to take someone else down with him than tell anything.
>> No. 63331
>>63327

He was trying to say something, but Yuka was too busy teaching this anon to rip out a throat to listen.
>> No. 63335
>>63331
Trying being the key word here. Yuka put her hand through his chest, and blood was bubbling out of his mouth. It's somewhat unlikely he still had the physical capacity to speak.
>> No. 63336
>>63335

He was a pretty tough guy, he could have if given the chance.
>> No. 63337
[X] Lose it, be sick. You've just killed a man.
[X] "I k-killed... k-k-killed... monster... I'm a monster..."
[X] Break down and cry.
>> No. 63338
>>63336

8/10 you got me good
>> No. 63344
[x] Lose it, be sick. You've just killed a man.
[x] "I k-killed... k-k-killed... monster... I'm a monster..."
[x] Break down and cry.
>> No. 63348
[x] Lose it, be sick. You've just killed a man... and you liked it.
[x] "I k-killed... k-k-killed... monster... I'm a monster..."
[x] Break down and cry.
>> No. 63352
[x] Lose it, be sick. You've just killed a man.
[x] "I k-killed... k-k-killed... monster... I'm a monster..."
[x] Break down and cry.
>> No. 63354
Big sis' Yuuka's such a fine role model~
>> No. 63355
[x] Lose it, be sick. You've just killed a man.
[x] "I k-killed... k-k-killed... monster... I'm a monster..."
[x] Break down and cry.

what the fuuuuuck
>> No. 63356
You fucking retards, can't you play in character? Timid Anon-tan, a bloodthirsty killer?

[X] Lose it, be sick. You've just killed a man.
[X] "I k-killed... k-k-killed... monster... I'm a monster..."
[X] Break down and cry.
>> No. 63358
haha cry more fagets
>> No. 63359
Well, this became a train wreck fairly quickly.
>> No. 63360
[X] Lose it, be sick. You've just killed a man.
[X] "I k-killed... k-k-killed... monster... I'm a monster..."
[X] Break down and cry.
>> No. 63361
[x] Lose it, be sick. You've just killed a man.
[x] "I k-killed... k-k-killed... monster... I'm a monster..."
[x] Break down and cry.

I blame peer pressure. SMOOOOOKE.
>> No. 63362
>>You fucking retards, can't you play in character?

Nope!

[X] Attempt to figure out how to get to his liver.
>> No. 63363
[X] Turn to Yuka, present yourself to her. You're a killer now

Guys, SERIOUSLY this would have been interesting to read
>> No. 63364
{X} Lose it, be sick. You've just killed a man.
{X} "I k-killed... k-k-killed... monster... I'm a monster..."
{X} Break down and cry.

Is /eientei/ leaking?
>> No. 63365
[X] Lose it, be sick. You've just killed a man.
[X] "I k-killed... k-k-killed... monster... I'm a monster..."
[X] Break down and cry.
>> No. 63367
[x] Lose it, be sick. You've just killed a man.
[x] "I k-killed... k-k-killed... monster... I'm a monster..."
[x] Break down and cry.

Appropriate option is appropriate.
>> No. 63374
Oh calm down you silly buggers. Writing now.
>> No. 63375
Man, that was epic. My hat's off to you HY, you really know how to write good psycho-choices.
>> No. 63376
GEE IT SURE IS [x] Don't kiss Sakuya IN HERE
>> No. 63377
>>63374

hooray!
>> No. 63380
File 122459575889.jpg - (99.38KB , 652x480 , 072107a_fox+fell+asleep.jpg ) [iqdb]
63380
You ... yes. You did that. Why did you do that? Why did you have to make it so violent, so bloody, so senselessly horrible? You feel yourself spinning, your head full of pressure, so distant from yourself.

Was it Yuka? Her presence? Was it you ... are you ... are you.

You are. You wanted to do that, you wanted some level of control. But the only way you could take it was by hurting an already defeated man, at the guidance of a monster so horrible that you should be running in terror from her, not fawning at her feet like you want to. You're worse than useless. Your stomach contracts and you bend over, vomiting what little bile you have left. The burning in your throat is almost welcome. Physical pain, some way to clear the horror and shame of what you've just done.
The foxes pad over silently and sit at your heels, rubbing their snouts against your ankles. You glance down. Through the haze of confusion and guilt, you can see them so clearly, as if they look ... relieved.
You look back up, your eyes finally meeting Renko's across the room. She has a hand over her mouth, eyes shining with tears. It's too much, you can't look at her, you don't deserve to look at her. You don't even want her to look at you, not like this. Weakly, you hold a hand up, trying to ward her gaze away.
"I k-killed... k-k-killed... monster... I'm a monster..." You try to say, squeezing your eyes shut and shrinking away, trying to find somewhere to hide inside your mind, some sanctuary of self to cling to.

It's not there.

Every day since Yukari first appeared in your dreams you've been nothing but a follower, listening to her lessons so obediently, so willingly. And now? Now you've just done the same thing, following the lessons of another monster. You shake, feeling disgusted with yourself.

"I ... I ... " You feel yourself breaking down, tears filling your eyes unbidden. You just stand there, no shame left to feel, letting out a wail of pain and sorrow, tears falling from your face.
You hear Yuka sigh behind you, tapping her foot. "Humans. You never live up to it, do you? Useless." You hear her stomp away across the room.
There is an insistent nudge against your leg and you look down. It's one of the foxes, standing on its hind legs and supporting itself against you.
"W-what?" You mumble through the tears.
It keeps panting at you, so you start to crouch down, then just collapse on the floor, sitting in a heap. The three foxes gently make their way across your legs and start licking at your hands and face, cleaning the blood away. They're so gentle, you just submit to them, letting them tend to you. Why are they doing this anyway? They don't seem to relish the taste of blood. If anything they're ... you blink your tears away for a moment. Earlier they looked relieved? How can a fox look relieved? Or now, how can they look concerned? When you focus through the tears, they just look like ordinary foxes again.
As they manage to clean the last of the gore away from your hands, you reach over and start stroking one of them, letting the feeling of warm fur calm you a little. They just sit there, obediently waiting.

"We ... we should." You feel a hand on your shoulder and glance upwards, tears starting to slow now. It's Renko, face an impassive mask, but pale. Yuka is standing near the centre of the room again, arms folded, looking bored.
Renko gulps. "We should go now."
You nod, trying to wipe your eyes.
"Do you ..." Renko hesitates. "Do you want ..." Then she seems to deflate, shrugging, reaching down and hoisting you up. You stumble into her and she wraps her arms around you for a moment. You're too stunned to hug her back. You don't deserve her compassion, you're a horrible, wretched thing now.
"It's okay." Renko whispers in your ear. "I don't know why you did that, but I can help you, it's okay."

[ ] Say nothing, do nothing. You're dead to her now.
[ ] Hug her back.
[ ] "T-thank you, Renko."
[ ] "D-don't ... I'm ... I'm h-horrible."
>> No. 63381
[ ] "T-thank you, Renko."
>> No. 63382
>You hear Yuka sigh behind you, tapping her foot. "Humans. You never live up to it, do you? Useless." You hear her stomp away across the room.

GOD DAMMIT.

[X] "D-don't ... I'm ... I'm h-horrible."
>> No. 63384
[21:34] <%Anonymaster> I'm guessing the first choice is the most pro-Yuka one, but I don't want Ebolanon to become a monster.
[21:34] <%Anonymaster> ...There's a way to get Yuka without becoming a monster, right?
[21:34] <%Anonymaster> We can fill her dark soul with light, right?
[21:35] <%HY> 'Becoming a monster' would mean being a killer.
[21:35] <%HY> A horrible person.
[21:36] <%HY> There is a way to get Yuka without going down that path, but it's much more complex than you would think.
[21:36] <%HY> Basically, it won't happen unless someone works it out in advance.

START THINKING, FAGGOTS
>> No. 63386
>>63384

Well, well. Maybe we could pull off something like Yukari X Yuka?

OTOH, tricking and raping Yuka sounds like an mighty fine way to die.
>> No. 63389
File 12245974432.jpg - (30.38KB , 264x229 , 1222479252342.jpg ) [iqdb]
63389
>OTOH, tricking and raping Yuka sounds like an mighty fine way to die.

That plan is crazy.
...So crazy that it just might work!
>> No. 63391
File 122459788163.jpg - (38.26KB , 800x600 , zoukenworm3wi2.jpg ) [iqdb]
63391
>>63384

Hey, I have an idea! Let's not be Super Jesus and become something that would make Yuka proud. Why is going down the dark side such a bad thing?

Pic related, even timid and afraid characters can turn into killers with the right push.

[x] "D-don't ... I'm ... I'm h-horrible."

It's true.
>> No. 63393
[X] Say nothing, do nothing. You're dead to her now.
>> No. 63394
[x] "D-don't ... I'm ... I'm h-horrible."

Renko sympathy choice.

The only thing we need to become attractive to Yuka is to become powerful. Really fucking powerful.
>> No. 63397
{X} "D-don't ... I'm ... I'm h-horrible."
>> No. 63398
[X] "D-don't ... I'm ... I'm h-horrible."
>> No. 63403
[x] "D-don't ... I'm ... I'm h-horrible."
>> No. 63404
[x] "D-don't ... I'm ... I'm h-horrible."

Ebolanon: Y-you can't h-help me now...
Renko: ...What are you talking about...
Ebolanon: They'll only k-k-keep coming, they want to kill Mary, and y-you, and me, and we still don't know w-why...
Renko: Stop it.
Ebolanon: I'm s-so scared, so f-f-frustrated, but most of all...
Renko: Stop it!
Ebolanon: Deep down, I KNOW I want to make them all die, Renko!
Renko: STOP IT!
Ebolanon: I turned to Yuka because I KNEW I was too weak to do it myself!
Renko: ...sob...
Ebolanon: And i-it's only going to get worse... I r-really am a monster...
Renko: ...Why are you smiling?
>> No. 63408
Holy Hell guys, it seems everytime I leave you end up in a fight that changes everything drastically.

I can't say I agree with what's happened here, not in the slightest I'm afraid. You've scragged Youki and Mokou (who can recover, but that doesn't change the fact you killed them), submitted yourself to Yukari and Yuka and worst of all willingly killed a man just to experience it.

I'm no moral fag, that guy had to die to preserve ebolanon's life, but to choose to engage in his death in this manner is pushing my seniblities. Playing the bad guy is just as much fun as playing the good guy, but this isn't compelling evil.


[x] "D-don't ... I'm ... I'm h-horrible."

If Renko wants to forgive her fine, but I'm not making that choice for her.
>> No. 63409
>>but this isn't compelling evil

Is this a problem with the writing itself? I'm curious if I can change anything to make the story more compelling.
>> No. 63411
>>63409
Sorry I wasn't being clear. Not the writing, it's a testament of the quality itself to make me respond so firmly. If this was bad it would be like a Chaotic Evil PC playing the alignment as "lol i kills him cause i can".

The writing is top notch, it's just that in my experience (in terms of narrative) the action ebolanon has taken is heading down the path of Darth Vader. The seziure of power and supplication to a master who grants them the strength, the difference is Ebolanon isn't doing it for the sake of another so it's not very compelling in the end.

She'll forsake all her friends in the end in the same way, but there won't be the regret of loss or anyone to morn her passing as she's acting to comepensate for her own weakness rather than to protect another.

Ebolanon's could go the way of all the worst Sith ever written, inconsequencial henchmen to fill the mid level boss slot. These characters don't even have the chance of redemption to make them more interesting.

>>63404

This is kind of what I'm on about, no offense anon. After a few callous murders, a bit of mad chuckling and obscene acts this will become really old really fast.

But big disclaimer here. This is just my opinion, I can't perfectly predict the story so there's always the chance I'm massively wrong.
>> No. 63412
>>63409

Ignore their BAWWWWWing. Continue writing just as you have.

People seem to be conflating Yuka's and the protagonist's role in the murder. It was quite clear the character's intention at the time was to strangle him to death, not to rip his fucking throat out (which by the way, was perfectly in character for Yuka). There was no inconsistency here; her horror at the (facilitative) role she played in it is completely understandable.

They're not whining because they have a moral problem with killing, but because they have an aesthetic problem with the way he was killed, and where their stomachs might have churned at the scene, others shat bricks and enjoyed it. This is the consequence of leaning upon a monster to teach you how to kill, instead of going it alone or relying on another human.
>> No. 63414
>>63411
>The writing is top notch, it's just that in my experience (in terms of narrative) the action ebolanon has taken is heading down the path of Darth Vader. The seziure of power and supplication to a master who grants them the strength, the difference is Ebolanon isn't doing it for the sake of another so it's not very compelling in the end.

It was a symbolic gesture, taking the responsible first step in accepting the fact she will need to kill in order to survive this, and that she will bear full consequences of her selfish decision to live—this is something I find compelling.

>She'll forsake all her friends in the end in the same way, but there won't be the regret of loss or anyone to morn her passing as she's acting to comepensate for her own weakness rather than to protect another.

It may be true that killing is something that unfortunately gets easier with time, but it's not something that has destroyed Renko, and with her as a support net, it won't destroy the protagonist either. And you forgot a key difference between those sith and the protagonist: This power and these circumstances are something that have been pushed fully onto her. She has not been "seduced" by the Dark Side, rather power has been driven into her being every night like railroad spike, painfully, forcefully, and unbidden. There is nothing to suggest she will become corrupted by power, and from all appearances rather she is likely to avoid using it until absolutely necessary. In this way, she is a perfect vessel to contain the unrivaled power of Yukari.

>Ebolanon's could go the way of all the worst Sith ever written, inconsequencial henchmen to fill the mid level boss slot. These characters don't even have the chance of redemption to make them more interesting.

Scorn, no. Just, no. Did you even read /sdm/LA? HY is a way better writer than that.
>> No. 63415
Anyway, writing now!
>> No. 63420
>>63411

I was thinking it would have been a lot better if her desire to kill him was explained something along the lines of "I can't have you protecting me all the time" or "I need to take the responsiblity (they're all being killed for her sake)" or "you don't need to do this for my sake anymore" but instead we just got the killing, so it was kind of... out.
>> No. 63422
>>63420

Kind of what I was hoping for, right? Learning to kill because a good friend like Renko shouldn't be forced to do that for us, but murder looks as though it may be necessary at some point?
>> No. 63427
"R-renko." You shudder in her arms, wanting so much to hug her back, to accept this offer of salvation from what you've just done. But you can't. You don't deserve it.
"D-don't ... I'm." You squeeze your eyes shut. "I'm h-horrible."
Renko just rubs your back gently. "No, you're not horrible." She whispers to you. "I'm not horrible, am I? I've ... I've been where you are now. You're not a monster."
"I'm ..." You trail off. "I wanted ..."
"You're just in shock, don't listen to what Yuka says again. She's the monster here." Renko shakes her head.
"I'm ..." You trail off.
"Come on." Renko says, pulling back slowly and taking your hand in hers. She smiles faintly at you, trying to be reassuring. You look down, still feeling wretched.
"Are you two finished?" Yuka says, voice sharp. Renko glares at her, unafraid.
"Shut up, bitch." She says, then turns back to you. Yuka raises her eyebrows, but otherwise just looks bored.
"Are you ready? We can stop, let you catch your breath if you like?" Renko says to you.
Yuka rolls her eyes. You meet Renko's gaze again.
"No, no, w-we should k-keep g-going." You say. If you stop now, if you pause for thought then all the memories of the last two days will come crashing down on you like a ton of bricks. You don't want to stop, you don't want to face what is happening to you and you life. You want to blank it all out.

"Good!" Yuka exclaims. "Now then." She pulls the cellphone back out of her waistcoat. It looks a little battered from the fight, but still in one piece. She flips it open and waves it back and fourth a couple of times.
"What are you doing?" Renko asks, frowning.
"Be quiet." Yuka says, holding the phone up a little. "Ah~ They're ready for us."
Renko tenses, tightening her grip on your hand. "Whatever happens now, don't freak out." She says.
"W-what ... w-what is a-about to happen?" You ask, eyes wide.
"I think we're going to Gensokyo." Renko says, gulping.
Gensokyo? The other dimension Renko spoke of? A million possibilities flash through your mind. If beings like Yuka live there ... what are you getting yourself into? Your legs go weak, your stomach hurts.
"R-renko, what-" You start.
"Here it is!" Yuka suddenly laughs, pressing a button on the phone.

For a long moment, nothing seems to happen. But then you realise, you can't move. Nothing is moving. Renko is as frozen as you are. The foxes are stilled, each individual hair on their bodies completely motionless, like a photograph. Yuka is a statue in front of you, unmoving and-
You feel something shifting around in your mind. Some recognition. You know this, you know this technique, the theory, the application, the mathematics describing this situation, how it can be done and undone, the way it works on living matter and inanimate objects. The concepts push at the back of your mind, squeezing your consciousness into a tiny ball. But you can't react. You can't scream or vomit or cry out, you can't even blink or breathe. You run around and around your own mind, trying to outpace the horrible knowledge, to forget it, to ignore this sickening bend in the laws of reality.

Sudden, blissful release, comes with a thump and a crack. The smell of dissipating ozone and something only you can sense, the horrible twitch, the sound of reality snapping back into place that makes you want to tear out your eardrums and never hear again. You can see greenery all around you, some houses in the middle distance, but everything is a blur. You let go of Renko's hand, collapsing to the floor and trying to ignore your stomach contracting, try to ignore the bloody taste in your mouth. There is nothing left to vomit. You curl into a ball, whimpering.
"Ah!" You hear a surprised shout, a little way away. The sound of hurrying footsteps and the swishing of many layers of clothing.
"It worked!" Someone else yells, sounding a little too excited.
The foxes nuzzle at you, gently trying to rouse you, licking at your face and hands. You hear Yuka chuckle and Renko gasp in surprise.
"Oh my, is she hurt?" Someone else says, a voice you've never heard before but ...

It sounds familiar, comforting.

Someone places a hand on your head. You can feel their bulk, crouched over you. Something soft rubs against your back. The foxes yip excitedly, moving away from you.
"Is this her, Yuka?" The voice says.
"It better be." Yuka says. "I'm not going back out again."

A voice shouts from far away. "Come on! Lets get this stuff wrapped up, good work people. Equipment stowed, double time!"

There is a tutting sound, and the hand on your head is joined by an arm slipping under your arms, trying to lift you up.
"Is she hurt? I'm taking her indoors." The voice says.

[ ] "N-no!" You don't want to be touched.
[ ] Accept the help, stand up.
[ ] Allow yourself to be carried, you just want to stay like this.
>> No. 63428
>>63422

Murder isn't the word I would use. Killing may be necessary at some point, but not cold blooded murder.
>> No. 63430
[X] Accept the help, stand up.
>> No. 63432
[X] Accept the help, stand up.
>> No. 63433
[P] Allow yourself to be carried, you just want to stay like this.

I almost feel tempted to vote for passing out right about now.
>> No. 63434
[x] Accept the help, stand up.
>> No. 63435
[X] Accept the help, stand up.

I want to see what's going on.
>> No. 63437
[x] Accept the help, stand up.

Comparing Ebolanon to a Sith just doesn't feel proper.

I think a more appropriate comparison would be with Frankenstein's monster.
>> No. 63439
>>63420

Yeah there's a difference between the seniment behind this and the one involving Yuka.

>>63437
Starwars is the just the easiest metaphor because it's one of the most obvious, but the concept is present in a lot of stories.

[ ] Accept the help, stand up.
>> No. 63442
[X] Accept the help, stand up.
>> No. 63446
>>63408

I feel that I must voice my disagreement with your analysis.

First of all, we know that several entities are out to kill us. Therefore, we are forced to kill, reason with or generally avoid said entities in order to survive.

But if and when it comes to killing, we must be aware that no matter whether it's Renko or Yuka or anyone else that does the physical part, these deaths are because of us and our continued survival.

So morally, our hands aren't clean even if we sit back and let someone else do the killing for us. Even worse, if we do sit back and let someone else do the killing for us we're essentially taking the coward's route out of this. Do you think that Renko enjoys killing people for our sake? Is it better to force her or someone else to become a monster in our stead?
>> No. 63449
>>63446

I agree that the kill was inevitable and most likely nesacerry to ebolanon's developing survival instinct.

However.

I think the people who asked Renko for her gun had the best idea in terms of excecution, stranglation wasn't called for and Yuka's little addition certainly wasn't. The man was going to die, no doubt without passing on any useful information, so that pretty much leaves the following.

1) Let someone else do it. No one wanted this and right they were not to choose it.

2) Make it a mercy killing. Plug him in the head, quick and clean with no pointless suffering. The purpose of the kill would be to end his pain, as well as remove an obesticle.

3) Kill him for the sake of killing. This is the one that got chosen. Unesacerry suffering was inflicted on him, done only for the purpose of witnessing death and bringing it with your own hand. Further analysis is a bit more subjective as to why the kill was done in this way, depending on the person who voted.


Anyway you slice it, if you wanted to kill him you should've used the gun. There's a big difference in shooting someone in the head and strangling them.


BTW, if anyone feels I'm fagging up the thread please feel free to tell me to shut up.
>> No. 63450
[X] Accept the help, stand up.
>> No. 63452
>>63449

Well, I saw the kill as a ritual signifying ebolanon's willingness to take her responsibility instead of hypocritically trying to keep her hands clean.

At the risk of sounding theatrical, it was to be the baptism in blood in order to show both ourselves and the world that we're capable of facing the consequences of our actions.

Now the real fagging up as I see it was when we voted for mental breakdown afterwards instead of standing up as a stronger person. But what do I know, I'm not even the writenigger.


Oh, and to echo Scorn, feel free to tell me to STFU if this shit gets too annoying.
>> No. 63453
>>63449
Agreed, it's much more humane to give them a mercy shot. Though I have to agree with the nazis here and say that gassing the guy to death would have been even more humane.
>> No. 63454
>>63453
Oh, and I forgot to add: Yes Scorn, you are fagging up the thread. Within moderation it's good but you're closing on the border of annoyance.
>> No. 63455
>>63452

Well, you've got to consider that the first kill of a girl who happens to be skittish, mentally unstable, and frightened by violence isn't something that she'd be able to recover from immediately or very well. Being sick and disgusted afterward makes a smidgen more sense. After all, it's not as thought a single kill is some magical rite of passage that completely and instantaneously alters your demeanor and thought process into one that perfectly accepts cold-blooded murder.
>> No. 63456
>>63452
>>it was to be the baptism in blood in order to show both ourselves and the world that we're capable of facing the consequences of our actions.

Does that mean you have to turn your back on the ideals you held onto in the first place? You can kill someone kindly, be a compassionate fighter.

Shooting him would've served the same purpose without the frightening cruelty, how do you think Renko feels about what she saw? It's going to far, to then be fine with it afterwards would be either insane or unrealistic.

Although I can't think of a time when she's avoided something to keep her hands clean personally.

>>63454
I don't think I have anything else to add anyway. I'm just happy I'm involved right now at all, feels weird being at the library at 8:32pm.
>> No. 63457
Writing now!
>> No. 63458
>>63455

No, you misunderstand. Of course she should be sick and disgusted, she is forced into doing terrible things to survive after all.

But she should not break down and cry again. She should accept the knowledge that her very existence forces her to do terrible things, and she should learn to shoulder the responsibility without breaking down every time.
>> No. 63460
File 122462276042.jpg - (470.97KB , 850x1691 , sample-9b7a8e7b8ca58e3d4b519dafa4045984.jpg ) [iqdb]
63460
Your feet slip a little on the ground as you try to rise, leaning on the arm underneath you.
"No, dear, don't try to move." The unfamiliar voice says, a hand stroking your hair. You ignore it, forcing yourself up, to your feet. It's hard, harder than it's ever been before. Whatever Yuka just did, wherever you are right now, the journey has taken so much out of you as to render you nearly helpless. You scrabble for something to hold on to, your hands meeting soft fabric. Someone's trying to help you from the front, the owner of the voice. You feel another person's hands go under your arms, supporting you.
You just hang there for a moment, testing your shaking legs. You feel like a new-born lamb.
"Are you her friend?" The person in front of you says.
"Yes." Renko's voice comes from behind. She's the one holding you up like that.
"Then help me get her inside."
"No." You say, quietly. "I can, I can s-stand" You let go of the person in front of you, planting your weight firmly on both feet. You're shaky, but you're right, you can stand, just about. You might not be able to walk, but you don't want to admit that just yet.

You rub your eyes with a hand, blinking and trying to clear your vision. Whoever is in front of you, they're a little taller than you are. Some kind of long blue and white dress, with something huge and orange behind them. You look up at the face.

And scream.

What looks back at you is not human. The elongated snout. The eyes, too far apart, too small. The twitching nose and the fur. It's all wrong it's-
Then your vision finally clears and you're looking at a the soft and careworn features of a perfectly ordinary woman. Well, almost ordinary. She's got a strange two-horned hat covering up most of her golden-blonde hair. Swishing in the air behind her are a bunch of tails, orange with white tips, like a fox. You stare, wide-eyed, not sure what to think. The three foxes are clustered at her feet, but she's not paying them any attention.
Then she takes your face in her hands, so gentle, looking into your eyes with the most worried expression you've ever seen on a person before.
"You've not been hurt, have you?" She asks. You shake your head numbly and she smiles at you, her whole face lighting up.
"Good." She takes her hands off you and straightens up a little, clearing her throat, looking slightly embarrassed by something.
"My name is Ran Yakumo." She says, gesturing to herself. You glance at her hands as she does so. Normal, human. "You must be very confused right now, and very tired. Poor thing."
You nod. Her voice has a melodic quality to it, reassuring and familiar somehow.
"Welcome to Mayohiga." She says, gesturing behind her. You perk up, looking at your surroundings. Renko appears next to you, making sure to keep and arm under you for support.

This is a strange place, but not unpleasant. There is a border of trees, obviously the edge of a dense forest. You're standing in a very large clearing, a little way off from a group of buildings that look like they're come straight from Feudal japan. Everything is made of wood, dull orange and brown tones.
Off to the side are a group of people, all quite short, mostly dressed in green and blue. They're swarming around some kind of mechanical apparatus, putting things in boxes and dismantling strange looking glass machines. One of them looks your way and gestures at Ran.
Ran shakes her head. "Later!" She calls. "I'll send the usual messages!"
The little person in blue nods, going back to the flurry of activity. Ran turns back to you and Renko.
"Are you sure you can walk? You must have been through a lot." Her face is full of barely contained worry, almost as if she's about to step forward and sweep you up to save you the trouble of walking.
You nod, weakly. "I ... I think so." You say without stammering. For some reason, this 'Ran' puts you at ease, at least on the surface.
"I'll help her." Renko says, nodding. Ran smiles at the pair of you, then looks away, blinking and covering her face with her floppy sleeve.
"Very well." She says. "I-"

Yuka brushes past you, making you shudder at the contact.
"I'm going to use your bath." She says to Ran. "I'm a mess." You have to agree with Yuka, she is a mess. She's still got blood splattered all over her and matted in her hair. Her face is still bruised, although most of the damage seems to have vanished.
Ran says nothing, just watches Yuka as she walks away, heading towards the little group of buildings. Ran glances down at the foxes and frowns, looking down at the ground behind you for a moment, then takes a deep breath and looks back, smiling again.
"Please, follow me." She says. "You need to rest, then I will answer any questions you might have." She hesitates for a moment, then bows her head slightly. "Both of you."

Ran turns a little, motioning for you to follow. As she does, you notice that those tails behind her come out the back of her dress, at exactly the right height to really be coming from her spine. They wave in the air as she moves. Are they real? What is she?

[ ] Try to walk on your own.
[ ] Rely on Renko

And:

[ ] Stay silent.
[ ] Ask Ran what she is.
[ ] Ask Ran if her tails are real.
[ ] Reach out and touch one of the tails.
>> No. 63461
[ ] Try to walk on your own.
[ ] Ask Ran what she is.
>> No. 63462
[X] Rely on Renko.
[X] Reach out and touch one of the tails.

Real? Th-those are real?
>> No. 63463
[X] Try to walk on your own.

DEEP

[X] Reach out and touch one of the tails.

Oh yes
>> No. 63464
[x] Try to walk on your own.
[x] Reach out and touch one of the tails.
[x] Ask Ran what she is.
>> No. 63465
[ ] Rely on Renko
[ ] Reach out and touch one of the tails.

Tails feel so good~
>> No. 63466
[X] Try to walk on your own.
[X] Reach out and touch one of the tails.
>> No. 63467
[ ] Rely on Renko
[ ] Stay silent.
>> No. 63468
[ ] Try to walk on your own.
[ ] Ask Ran if her tails are real.
>> No. 63469
[X] Rely on Renko
[X] Reach out and touch one of the tails.
Well, I bet she isn't going to give much of a reaction, but if she will, it'll be awesome.
>> No. 63470
[x] Try to walk on your own.
[x] Reach out and touch one of the tails.

SYMBOLIC
>> No. 63471
[X] Rely on Renko
[X] Reach out and touch one of the tails.
>> No. 63472
[X] Rely on Renko
[X] Reach out and touch one of the tails.


renko, for now we'll rely on you, but one day we'll reward your kindness 10 fold!
>> No. 63473
[X] Rely on Renko.
[X] Reach out and touch one of the tails.

TAIL END.
>> No. 63474
{X} Rely on Renko
{X} Reach out and touch one of the tails.
>> No. 63475
[x] Try to walk on your own.
[x] Reach out and touch one of the tails.
>> No. 63476
[x] Try to walk on your own.
[x] Reach out and touch one of the tails.
>> No. 63477
[X] Rely on Renko
[X] Reach out and touch one of the tails.
>> No. 63478
[X] Rely on the tails.
[X] Reach out and touch one of the tails.

Motherly Ran, why am I so weak against you~
>> No. 63480
Okay, last time tonight. Here goes.
>> No. 63481
If I might say,
[ ] TAIL FEEL SO GOOD.

IYKWIM.

Awesome.jpg
>> No. 63482
>>63481
I was waiting for that.
>> No. 63485
File 122463020144.jpg - (179.78KB , 768x932 , e312bbaf9bc950b54e15b5a7ab122544.jpg ) [iqdb]
63485
You put your arm around Renko for support and then you nod to Ran. She smiles and leads the way towards the buildings. Yuka has already vanished around the corner. The foxes hop along at Ran's heels. She turns back and whispers something to them and they stop, returning to you. She frowns, but then seems to shrug it off.
Renko's support makes all the difference now, you doubt you would have been able to walk on your own. You'd probably have fallen over and hurt yourself, made Ran worry more. You tighten your grip on Renko's shoulders, trying to smile at her. You want to her to know how helpful she's been. You'll think of a way to repay all her kindness, somehow.

Up-close, the buildings are even more surprising. The wood they're made from is obviously old, smooth and strong. The entire atmosphere is one of softness and silence, but curiously broken by a few scattered storage crates, a series of wires running between the buildings and what looks like a patch of scorched earth. Some of the walls look like they've been patched up in places, chunks taken out of them rather recently. Your eyes widen when you spot what is almost definitely a cluster of bullet holes, surrounded by scorch marks and splintered wood.
Ran notices your gaze, turning to look at you. "Don't worry. Mayohiga is perfectly safe at the moment. You can relax here."
Renko frowns in thought, but stays silent. Ran carries on her way, leading you around the corner of a small hut and into the entranceway of one of the largest buildings. The inside is as traditionally Japanese as the outside, all screen doors and thin-looking walls, sunlight streaming through wide windows, unlit lanterns hung along the walls.
With less to occupy your gaze in here, you find yourself watching Ran's tails waving back and fourth as she walks down the corridor. It's quite relaxing, almost soporific. Are they real? What is she? You know Yuka isn't human, but she looks almost normal. Ran though, she really is something different. You count nine tails, larger and fluffier versions of the ones on the foxes padding along at your side. You reach out, just curious, are they real? What do they feel like? Are they warm? Would she-

"Ah!| Ran stops and stiffens as you make contact with one of her tails. It's so soft, the fur is silky and thick. You run your fingers though it, mesmerised. They all stop swaying suddenly.
"Ah, p-please." Ran stutters, the tails suddenly flicking around out of your reach as she turns to you, blushing heavily and bowing her head. "Please d-don't touch m-my t-tails." She says.
Renko tuts. "Come on, personal space and all that. She's very sorry, Ran." Renko turns to you. "Aren't you?"
You feel yourself blushing in response as well. A sudden pang of guilt hits you. You just invaded Ran's space, touching her without permission or even any kind of warning, just to satisfy your own curiosity. If those tails are real then they must be very sensitive. Ran seems so ... familiar, so welcoming and warm. You feel terrible, you've probably offended her and you've barely even got to know her yet.

Ran looks back up at you, eyes wide but expression neutral. She's still red in the face though.

[ ] Apologise, make an effort to speak up for yourself. You're sorry.
[ ] Mumble an apology, you're too embarrassed to confront this.
[ ] Don't apologise. This is far too awkward.

And:

[ ] Tell Ran you were just curious, you've never seen a person with tails before.
[ ] Tell Ran that her tails are very soft, but you won't touch them again.
[ ] Ask Ran if you can touch them sometime, with permission. They're very soft. It's nice.
[ ] Ask Ran if they're very sensitive, you honestly didn't know.
[ ] Just carry on quietly, don't mention the tails.
>> No. 63486
[ ] Apologise, make an effort to speak up for yourself. You're sorry.
[ ] Tell Ran you were just curious, you've never seen a person with tails before.
>> No. 63487
[ ] Apologise, make an effort to speak up for yourself. You're sorry.

[ ] Tell Ran you couldn't help yourself, the action just seemed... normal, for some reason.
>> No. 63488
{X} Mumble an apology, you're too embarrassed to confront this.
{X} Tell Ran you were just curious, you've never seen a person with tails before.
>> No. 63489
[X] Mumble an apology, you're too embarrassed to confront this.
[X] Ask Ran if you can touch them sometime, with permission. They're very soft. It's nice.
>> No. 63490
[X] Apologise, make an effort to speak up for yourself. You're sorry.
[X] Tell Ran you were just curious, you've never seen a person with tails before.
>> No. 63491
[X] Mumble an apology, you're too embarrassed to confront this.
[X] Just carry on quietly, don't mention the tails.
>> No. 63492
[ ] Apologise, make an effort to speak up for yourself. You're sorry.
[ ] Tell Ran you were just curious, you've never seen a person with tails before.
>> No. 63493
[X] Apologize, make an effort to speak up for yourself. You're sorry.
[X] Tell Ran you were just curious, you've never seen a person with tails before.
[X] Ask Ran if you can touch them sometime, with permission. They're very soft. It's nice.

Tails~
>> No. 63494
[x] Apologise, make an effort to speak up for yourself. You're sorry.
[x] Ask Ran if you can touch them sometime, with permission. They're very soft. It's nice.
>> No. 63495
[x] Apologise, make an effort to speak up for yourself. You're sorry.
[x] Tell Ran you were just curious, you've never seen a person with tails before.

Tail Moe~
>> No. 63496
[x] Apologise, make an effort to speak up for yourself. You're sorry.
[x] Tell Ran you were just curious, you've never seen a person with tails before.
>> No. 63498
[z] Apologise, make an effort to speak up for yourself. You're sorry.
[z] Tell Ran you were just curious, you've never seen a person with tails before.

Ran apologizin and curiosity gaems
>> No. 63499
[x] Apologise, make an effort to speak up for yourself. You're sorry.
[x] Tell Ran you were just curious, you've never seen a person with tails before.
>> No. 63500
[x] Apologise, make an effort to speak up for yourself. You're sorry.
[x] Tell Ran you were just curious, you've never seen a person with tails before.
>> No. 63501
>>[x] Apologise, make an effort to speak up for yourself. You're sorry.

But I can't decide between ...
>>[x] Tell Ran you were just curious, you've never seen a person with tails before.
and
>>[x] Tell Ran that her tails are very soft, but you won't touch them again.
>> No. 63503
File 122463124356.jpg - (50.31KB , 333x350 , Shirou9.jpg ) [iqdb]
63503
[x] Ask Ran if it was as good for her as it was for you.
>> No. 63505
[x] Apologise, make an effort to speak up for yourself. You're sorry.
[x] Tell Ran you were just curious, you've never seen a person with tails before.
>> No. 63508
[X] Apologise, make an effort to speak up for yourself. You're sorry.
[X] Tell Ran you were just curious, you've never seen a person with tails before.
[X] Ask Ran if you can touch them sometime, with permission. They're very soft. It's nice.

Tail felt so good~
>> No. 63523
[X] Apologise, make an effort to speak up for yourself. You're sorry.
[X] Tell Ran you were just curious, you've never seen a person with tails before.
[X] Ask Ran if you can touch them sometime, with permission. They're very soft. It's nice.
>> No. 63530
[X] Apologise, make an effort to speak up for yourself. You're sorry.
[X] Ask Ran if you can touch them sometime, with permission. They're very soft. It's nice.
>> No. 63542
[X] Apologise, make an effort to speak up for yourself. You're sorry.
[X] Tell Ran you were just curious, you've never seen a person with tails before.
>> No. 63545
[X] Apologise, make an effort to speak up for yourself. You're sorry.
[X] Tell Ran you were just curious, you've never seen a person with tails before.
[X] Ask Ran if you can touch them sometime, with permission. They're very soft. It's nice.
>> No. 63553
File 122466233025.png - (18.17KB , 300x309 , 1220324562436.png ) [iqdb]
63553
This started out as a great CYOA BUT ANON RUINED IT.

HOW COULD U RUIN MY moe~anon LIKE THAT. fagets
>> No. 63562
>>63553

0/10

Try harder next time.
>> No. 63577
[X] Apologise, make an effort to speak up for yourself. You're sorry.
[X] Tell Ran you were just curious, you've never seen a person with tails before.
Stop the shit with the tails already, faggots.
>> No. 63578
[X] Don't apologize. It felt good.
[X] Go join Yuka in the bath.

We can still be badass!
>> No. 63579
>>63577
request denied
>> No. 63584
>>63553

Stop being so butthurt.
>> No. 63586
>>63578

If only you'd posted that sooner. It might have had a chance to win.
>> No. 70969
.