[Return]
Archived thread

File 122392408549.jpg - (196.40KB , 1400x1050 , 121464892171.jpg ) [iqdb]
61626 No. 61626
I'm back.

I won't be able to update as fast as I used to. I have a lot of academic work to do over the next few months.

I won't bore you with explanations of why I've been gone so long. Instead I'll just get straight down to what we're all here for. I hope you enjoy what I've got in store this time.

It feels damn good to be back.

------------------------------------------------

'A Different Place' (Title subject to revision)


>New Game
Continue
Options
Extras

Loading ...

Good luck, Anonymous.

----------------------------------------------


She haunts your dreams. You laughed when you first thought of that way of describing it. So cliché, so trite. You don't laugh much anymore. It's been nearly two years now, but still, every night, without, fail, there she is. At first it was amusing, a reoccurring dream about a beautiful woman? No problem, least of your worries in life. At least you get to see something while you sleep that you'd never have any chance of in reality. Then over time you came to realise it wasn't reoccurring, the dreams were different every night. The differences were small in the beginning. She would have a different expression, move an arm or tilt her head. If anything, the reliability of it became kind of comforting.

The drudgery of life, college, work, loneliness and boredom, carried on, but every night you would lie down and there she would be, waiting for you just beyond the wall of sleep.

She's beautiful. You can't help think that even now. She's so perfect, or near-perfect, that you couldn't think of her as anything but a construct of your own mind. No real person is like that, with everything just so. The way her long hair hangs down her back in a wave of pale gold. The smoothness of her unblemished skin. Her delicate, responsive, intelligent features. The way her eyes seem so alert, so full of mischief and vitality. Her dress, a strange mixture of Western and Eastern, purple and white, hugging her figure down the front but fanning out at the sides. The way she smiled at you for the first time, twirling that parasol over her shoulder. You became more and more captivated as the weeks turned into months.

Then one night, she spoke.
"Hello."
Even her voice, crystal clear and so soft. You could barely reply, even though you knew she was just a dream.
"Who are you?" You asked, all those months ago.
"I'm a monster." She said, giggling behind her hand.
"You don't look like one." You said with near rapture.
"Looks are deceiving." She said, with that amused lilt in her voice you would come to know so well.

She never stopped talking. You tried to cover your ears, to run away, to make her stop as she forced the secrets of the fabric of reality into your too-small skull. But wherever you turned away, she was always there, always a layer of consciousness deeper than the one you just left, speaking of impossible things in her soft, calming voice. Her 'lessons' would always leave you screaming as you awoke, groping for something to stem the bleeding from your nose, ears and eyes. Things running through your head you barely understood, the edges of your vision flickering with the fruits of her teaching. Sleeping pills made no difference, she was inside that chemical oblivion as well. Fighting sleep for days just meant more time with her when you finally gave in.
Begging worked. She would change the nature of her lessons for a short while, teaching you abstract mathematics, biochemistry, quantum physics, things that would have made you rich if you could have made any sense of them upon awakening, if you could somehow fight the ever-present tiredness, the constant bleeding and the headaches.

But she always went back to her principal topic.

"What's your name?" You once asked her. "You tell me everything else, why can't I know about you?"
"You can call me Yukari~" She said, smiling sweetly.

---

Stumbling from your bedroom, reeking with sweat, you make it to the table before you collapse into a chair. You just lie there for a long time, eyes closed, savouring release from sleep once more. Eventually you summon the strength to wipe your face with your sleeve, which comes away covered with the familiar bloodstains. That woman's ... Yukari's latest lesson tugs at your thoughts, threatening to make a wave of nausea rise up inside. You force the ideas away, down inside with the rest of her teaching.

Slowly, achingly, you make yourself some toast. Sitting at the table with a large glass of water, you wait for your digestion to settle before you pop open the tub of pills, extracting a whole bunch of them. Need to keep up iron intake with all the blood you lose every morning. You force them down.
A few birds are singing outside, in the soft morning sunlight, accompanied by the ever-present sound of car engines. This city never sleeps, it doesn't have to. You open the window and take a deep breath, trying to resist the impulse to vomit.

You're probably schizophrenic, at the very least you're seriously disturbed. These days you feel like you're not going to last much longer, even though you long since ...

[ ] Went insane anyway.
[ ] Blocked it out as best you could. It's not real, so you tried to live a normal life.
[ ] Submitted to her teaching. After all, who could resist both her and whatever power she was offering?
[ ] Fought against her. Get out of my mind, Yukari!

>> No. 61627
[ ] Blocked it out as best you could. It's not real, so you tried to live a normal life.
>> No. 61628
[x] Blocked it out as best you could. It's not real, so you tried to live a normal life.

Denial, fuck yeah.
>> No. 61629
[X] Went insane anyway.

hm?
>> No. 61630
[X] Submitted to her teaching. After all, who could resist both her and whatever power she was offering?
>> No. 61631
[x] Blocked it out as best you could. It's not real, so you tried to live a normal life.

Oh god, blood pouring out of EVERYWHERE.
>> No. 61632
[X] Submitted to her teaching. After all, who could resist both her and whatever power she was offering?

A GOD AM I. ARE WE. WHATEVER. FUCK YEAH HY.
>> No. 61633
[ ] Submitted to her teaching. After all, who could resist both her and whatever power she was offering?
>> No. 61634
[x] Submitted to her teaching. After all, who could resist both her and whatever power she was offering?

POWER OVERWHELMING
>> No. 61635
[X] Went insane anyway.

We are insane, psychotic.
We have to eat plenty of pills to get better.
>> No. 61636
[X] Submitted to her teaching. After all, who could resist both her and whatever power she was offering?
>> No. 61637
[ ] Submitted to her teaching. After all, who could resist both her and whatever power she was offering?

Yukarin~
>> No. 61638
[x] Submitted to her teaching. After all, who could resist both her and whatever power she was offering?

I smell shikigami and/or tool of Yukari.
>> No. 61639
Oh I've missed this so much~

Writing now!
>> No. 61640
[ODIN] Submitted to her teaching. After all, who could resist both her and whatever power she was offering?

Dark side ahoy! And when the time is right we shall confront her. The circle will be complete, once we were the apprentice, then we are the master.

And ultimately, delicious Yukarin loveslave get.


Oh, and while I'm at it, great to have you back HY.
>> No. 61641
[ ] Went insane anyway

FFFFFF, bored with insanity would have been fuck win.
>> No. 61642
[x] Submitted to her teaching. After all, who could resist both her and whatever power she was offering?

HOORAY HY!
>> No. 61643
[ ] Submitted to her teaching. After all, who could resist both her and whatever power she was offering?

HY is back, today will be awesome.
>> No. 61644
You manage to hold the vomit in, forcing yourself to take another deep breath. Have to keep up the semblance of sanity, have to stay whole and healthy. You've never found yourself unable to concentrate on Yukari's words, but you like to make sure anyway, in case one day you wake up having missed a 'lesson', leaving gaps in your knowledge.
Maybe you're completely insane, or maybe there's a woman in your head teaching you the secrets of the universe. When it all began you thought only of the possibility of insanity, that you were probably going to spend the rest of your life in a mental institution, waking up every morning to find your face stuck to the floor with your own blood. The concepts she spoke of every night, there was no way to test them, no practical application. You were just going mad.

Then she taught you language one night. Spanish at first. French the next day. Russian, German, Hindi, Arabic, Old Norse, Italian, three different types of Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Dutch. You could feel the sheer weight of information inside your skull when you finally begged for her to stop.

And the languages all worked. True, you couldn't use them for much, barely able to drag yourself out of bed every day, let alone find work as a translator. But they worked, there was proof that something was happening, something real.

---------------------------------------------------

"Go to the East." She said that night.
"The east?" You asked.
"Eastern Kyoto."
"Kyo-to? Is that in Japan?"
Yukari giggled. "Eastern Kyoto, Tokyo."
"You ... you want me to go to Tokyo?" You asked, dumbfounded. "Why?"
"That~ would~ be~ telling~" She sang as you awoke.

---------------------------------------------------

So now you stand in a place you can't call home, in a city you barely understand. Yukari never told you why you were supposed to come here, her lessons over the last few months have been even more uncompromising than usual. You're exhausted.

You stretch your limbs, feeling a little better as the cold morning air rushes in through the open window.

[ ] Get out the door, head to University, you have to keep up your reason for being here.
[ ] Go shopping, reward yourself with some nice food. You deserve it.
[ ] Fuck it, stay home and be lazy. You're tired.
>> No. 61645
>>Writing now!

It's amazing how two little words can make the day seem a little brighter.
>> No. 61646
[X] Get out the door, head to University, you have to keep up your reason for being here.
>> No. 61647
File 12239282141.jpg - (517.70KB , 1600x1200 , RenkoMaribel001.jpg ) [iqdb]
61647
[X] Get out the door, head to University, you have to keep up your reason for being here.

Got to go to class...
>> No. 61648
>>61645
True, oh how did i miss this.

[x] Fuck it, stay home and be lazy. You're tired.

Being Yukari.
>> No. 61649
[X] Get out the door, head to University, you have to keep up your reason for being here.
>> No. 61650
[ x ] Get out the door, head to University, you have to keep up your reason for being here.
>> No. 61651
[X] Get out the door, head to University, you have to keep up your reason for being here.
>> No. 61652
[X] Get out the door, head to University, you have to keep up your reason for being here.
>> No. 61653
[ODIN] Fuck it, stay home and be lazy. You're tired.

Who needs university? We have a woman inside our head teaching us the secrets of the universe for Thor's sake.

And to surpass Yukari we must first become Yukari, thus lazy option is the reasonable frist step.
>> No. 61654
[ ] Get out the door, head to University, you have to keep up your reason for being here.
>> No. 61655
[x] Fuck it, stay home and be lazy. You're tired.
>> No. 61656
[x] Fuck it, stay home and be lazy. You're tired.
>> No. 61657
I saw the name, I saw the trip.
I didn't believe it, it couldn't be real...
But the words met me, and oh God it was beautiful.
And a wetness, familiar yet distant, as the votes flooded in.

It's good to have you back, HY. So, so good.
>> No. 61658
Again, writing now!

>>And a wetness, familiar yet distant, as the votes flooded in.

Me too, me too.
>> No. 61659
File 122392920642.jpg - (16.95KB , 209x270 , f5.jpg ) [iqdb]
61659
>>61658
>> No. 61660
File 122392987722.jpg - (36.79KB , 320x320 , 121236132275.jpg ) [iqdb]
61660
>>61658
>> No. 61661
You go through your morning routine, starting by carefully washing your face. The blood every morning doesn't bother you any more, but it wouldn't be good to go out in public like this, you're not sure how other people would react. All diseases cause a degree of revulsion in otherwise kind people. Nobody likes the sick, the infirm and the wretched.
As you grab your bag, your wallet and your phone, you try not to move too fast, to push yourself too much. Need to take it slowly, keep yourself in once piece. As you leave your tiny apartment, you lock the door behind you. Just as you turn the key, you hear a sound you haven't heard in a long time.

It's your phone ringing. Not your cellphone, but the landline, inside.

Nobody calls you on that. In fact, you don't think you've ever given the number out to anyone. Not that you know anybody to even give the number to. As you reach up to unlock the door again, the ringing stops.
"Huh." You say to yourself. "Probably just telemarketing."
You forget all about the ringing phone as you step outside, letting the morning air wash over your face. That feels good, clean, crisp. You make your way to the underground station, nodding good morning to neighbours who you barely recognise, weaving your way through the thin crowds of people.
Tokyo sure is a strange place. It feels good to lose yourself in the anonymity of a city, even if the Japanese still treat you as an outsider. You can't help shake the feeling that you'd be like that wherever you ended up.
Some people in this city get even funnier looks than you though. You're reminded of that as you pass a bunch of ... women ... girls ... something, wearing very over-elaborate dresses, chattering at each other in high-pitched voices.

---------------------------------

The underground is quiet, seeing as you always manage to miss the morning rush hour. Not many people in the carriage. You breath a small sigh of relief at this as you find a seat, you always feel ready to collapse after a crowded journey.

---------------------------------

"-ukari!" You jerk awake, sniffing loudly, eyes wide. You fell asleep, how long was it? Your hands instantly go to your face, but they come away bloodless. Must have been only a few moments. You glance up and down the carriage, nobody saw your strange wake-up ritual. You ...
"What did you just say?"
She's staring right at you, sitting in the seat across. A girl, kind of plain-looking.
"What?" You ask, stalling for time.
"What did you just say, that name?" She asks, voice all in a hurry. You barely notice what she looks like, mind racing.

[ ] Ignore her.
[ ] Lie, make something up.
[ ] Tell her the truth. "Yukari. Does it mean something to you?"
[ ] Freak out, this isn't right.
>> No. 61662
[X] Tell her the truth. "Yukari. Does it mean something to you?"

What say ye to me?
>> No. 61663
[ ] Tell her the truth. "Yukari. Does it mean something to you?"
>> No. 61664
[X] Tell her the truth. "Yukari. Does it mean something to you?"
>> No. 61665
[ ] Tell her the truth. "Yukari. Does it mean something to you?"
>> No. 61666
{X} Tell her the truth. "Yukari. Does it mean something to you?"
>> No. 61667
[ODIN] Tell her the truth. "Yukari. Does it mean something to you?"

Renko or Maribel? If so we could learn something interesting.
>> No. 61668
[X] Lie, make something up.
>> No. 61669
File 122393255843.jpg - (867B , 16x16 , awesome.jpg ) [iqdb]
61669
{X] Tell her the truth. "Yukari. Does it mean something to you?"

So this is the fabled HY.
>> No. 61670
[ ] Tell her the truth. "Yukari. Does it mean something to you?"
>> No. 61671
[x] Tell her the truth. "Yukari. Does it mean something to you?"

We have nothing to hide here.
>> No. 61672
[x] Tell her the truth. "Yukari. Does it mean something to you?"

Suddenly, HY updates! Thousands of them!
>> No. 61673
[X] Tell her the truth. "Yukari. Does it mean something to you?"

Just as I was about to go to /bed/ I saw Norseman talking about you in /forest/.
It is good to have you back, HY.
>> No. 61674
Okay, calling votes. Another update on it's way once I have stuffed myself with some food!
>> No. 61675
>>61674
You should write about HY stuffing himself with food.
>> No. 61676
"I-I said ..." You start, looking the girl over. She is very plain, though not unpleasant to look at. Ankle-length black skirt and a plain white shirt under a long brown coat. Shapeless. Her face is the most interesting part of her, she's quite pretty, though the little black hat looks a few decades out of place.
"I said a name." You say. "Yukari."
Her eyes widen in surprise, her mouth hanging open. You gulp, feeling yourself starting to sweat. Maybe this was a bad idea.
"I ... er ..." You say, glancing up and down the train carriage. Your stop is next, you should get off, you shouldn't have said anything.
"Hey." The girl says, reaching over and gently placing her hand on your knee. "Relax, I don't bite." She flashes you a half-grin.
The warmth of her hand through your trousers is a shock. It's been a long time since somebody else touched you. The sensation jerks you back to the moment. Maybe she knows something, or maybe it's just your flesh talking.
"Does it mean anything to you?" You ask. "Yukari?"

She bites her lip in thought and slowly nods her head. "It does, yes. Or ... it might, depending on where you heard it." She smiles at you, obviously trying to put you at ease. It's working.
"That's ..." You struggle for words. What on earth are you going to say? "I mean ... I-"
Abruptly, the girl takes her hand away from your knee and offers it to you instead. "I'm Renko."
"Hello Renko." You say, awkwardly taking her hand. "What ... um ... I mean-"
She grins at you again and tightens her grip on your hand, pulling you to your feet.
"What?" You say on reflex as she lets go of your hand again. You stumble next to her as the train comes to a stop.
"I think this is our stop." Renko says.
"Our stop?"
"Mmhmm. You're going to the University, right?" She tucks a loose strand of dark brown hair behind her ear. She really is very attractive, in a simple sort of way. "Want to walk with me?" She asks.

[ ] Go with her, she seems nice and it's been so long since you had a friend.
[ ] Go with her, mention Yukari again. Find out what she knows.
[ ] Refuse, take another route. You don't want to risk anything.
[ ] Lie, stay on the train.
>> No. 61677
>>61676
[x] Go with her, she seems nice and it's been so long since you had a friend. ALong the way, mention Yukari again. You need to know what she knows.

Oh god Renko is love.
>> No. 61678
[X] Go with her, mention Yukari again. Find out what she knows.
>> No. 61679
[ x ] Go with her, mention Yukari again. Find out what she knows.
>> No. 61680
File 122393613958.jpg - (180.20KB , 580x557 , 50ddaf9ea6ccec0c8ad7b11da4acd8da.jpg ) [iqdb]
61680
[ x ] Go with her, mention Yukari again. Find out what she knows.

Flat chest is a status symbol.
>> No. 61681
[X] Go with her, she seems nice and it's been so long since you had a friend.

Love Renko.
>> No. 61682
[x] Go with her, she seems nice and it's been so long since you had a friend.

I will name this Anon...Crazynon. Crazynon needs a friend.
>> No. 61683
[X] Go with her, she seems nice and it's been so long since you had a friend.

I normally hate Renko, but the rage isn't kicking in this time. Odd.
>> No. 61684
[ ] Lie, stay on the train.

this Renko is mediocre.
>> No. 61685
[X] Go with her.
>> No. 61686
[X] Go with her, mention Yukari again. Find out what she knows.
>> No. 61687
[X] Go with her, she seems nice and it's been so long since you had a friend.
>> No. 61688
[X] Go with her, she seems nice and it's been so long since you had a friend.
>> No. 61689
Calling votes as they are, writing now!
>> No. 61690
>>61689
hooray!
>> No. 61691
[x] Go with her, she seems nice and it's been so long since you had a friend. Along the way, mention Yukari again. You need to know what she knows.

I'm totally not helping!
>> No. 61692
>>I will name this Anon...Crazynon. Crazynon needs a friend.

But most Anon are crazy, so yeah!

Until some better traits present themselves, I'm going with Ebolanon.
>> No. 61693
"Yeah, okay." You say, nodding.
Renko smiles at you again, leading the way off the train. You follow her through the underground station and back to the surface, quiet all the while. She seems relaxed, throwing you a couple of glances, but you're unsure what to say. It's been a long time since you've talked to someone casually, just a conversation, never mind the fact that she seemed to recognise the name 'Yukari'. Maybe she didn't recognise it, maybe she's just a weird girl who likes picking up people on the underground.

You turn the idea over in your head, discovering that you don't really care. It's just nice to have something breaking your routine, something other than the constant flow of nonsense in your head, something to distract you from the tiredness, from the weight of your eyelids.
"That's better." Renko says as you emerge from the station, side-by-side.
"What is?" You ask.
She looks at you, sidelong. "Being back outside. The underground is too stuffy." She turns to face you as she steps in front of you. "Don't you think?"
You just nod. "Yeah, outside is nicer."
"Come on." She says, voice gentle. It almost feels like she's coaxing you onwards.
"Um ..."
Her expression changes slightly, a concerned frown making it's way onto her face. "It's alright, we can talk about it later."
By 'it' you know she means Yukari. You nod, managing to smile back at her. "Okay."
"Good." She says, grinning again. "Now come on! Walk with me, I can tell you about ... about ..." She glances around, looking for something, until her gaze settles on you again. "About food, I think."
"Food?"
"Yes, food!" She says, raising her voice a little. "You look like you haven't had a good meal in weeks! You're like a rail!" She grabs your arm, nearly marching you down the street.

She's right of course, you never have the energy to cook.

------------------------------

You spend the journey to the University talking with Renko. Your voice starts to feel rusty and worn-out after a little while, but you endure it for the sake of conversation. You feel like you haven't talked this much in months, probably because you haven't spoken to anyone but yourself.
It feels so normal to talk about food. To let the topic go where it will, to question and listen, interrupt and laugh, to skip the small talk altogether.
Eventually though, you reach the grey towers of the University buildings. Renko stops short and cocks her head at you.
"Have you got somewhere to be right now?" She says.
"Sort of, why?" You ask.
"There's somebody you should meet. If you're going to be busy, then I can give you my phone number."
"Wha ..."
Renko raises an eyebrow, grinning. "Not like that, silly."

You feel yourself blush a little. Dammit, girl! You're completely out of practice with these things.

[ ] May as well go with her now.
[ ] Go to class, but get Renko's phone number.

-----

Sorry if I slow down a little. This is the first time I've had internet in a month.
>> No. 61694
[X] Go to class, but get Renko's phone number.
>> No. 61695
[X] May as well go with her now.
>> No. 61696
[x] May as well go with her now.

Hell, why not.
>> No. 61697
>>61693

[X] Go to class, but get Renko's phone number.

EXPRESS OUR NEWFOUND KNOWLEDGE
or find a new friend in class...?
>> No. 61698
[P] May as well go with her now.
[P] Ask for her phone number anyway, if it's not too forward.

Shutinonymous needs a new friend.
>> No. 61699
[X] May as well go with her now.
[X] Ask for her phone number anyway, if it's not too forward.
>> No. 61701
[X] May as well go with her now.
>> No. 61702
[X] May as well go with her now.

Class skipping games~
Also hooray!
>> No. 61703
[X] May as well go with her now.

This one please.
>> No. 61704
[X] May as well go with her now.

Yeah, why not? I mean it's not like she's going to introduce us to someone identical to the eldritch horror that haunts our nightmares. That would just be silly.
>> No. 61705
[X] May as well go with her now.
>> No. 61706
[X] May as well go with her now.

Do it faggot.
>> No. 61707
[x] May as well go with her now.

Going to class is for suckers.
>> No. 61708
Okay, writing now! Might take a while, been up for 18 hours now.
>> No. 61709
You look over to the lecture halls, then back at Renko. There's no contest.
"You're ... more interesting than class would be." You say, frowning as you realise how weird your words sound. You start blushing again. "Wh-what I mean is, I d-don't-"
Renko cuts you off with a soft laugh. "I know. It's okay." She says.
You relax again, letting out a sigh and smiling back at her. "I'm kind of awkward aren't I?"
She nods sagely, but says nothing in response, just reaches out and pats you on the shoulder.
"Shall we go?"
You nod.

Renko leads you inside one of the less used buildings, up three flights of stairs and down a corridor. The inside of the university all smells the same, but you can never quite put your finger on it. This time there is another smell, one that's not so bland. At first you can't work out what it is, but then you realise how close you and Renko are walking. It's her. She smells nice. Not perfumed, or sexually arousing, but just nice. Clean clothes, shampoo, freshness. You smile to yourself, watching her as she walks.
"What are you amused at?" Renko asks you.
You shake your head. "Nothing." You say, feeling better already.
Eventually she stops outside one of the doors, turning to you.
"So who's this person you want me to meet?"
"Nobody special, just a friend of mine." Renko says, her voice less amused than it has been so far. "Just ... stay calm, alright?"
You frown. "What?"
"You heard me." She says, giving you a reassuring look. "There's nothing to freak out about. I promise."
"You don't have to be so blunt about it, I'm not that skittish." You say, feeling a little hurt.
Renko takes a deep breath. "I didn't mean it like that." She says. "Just ..." She opens the door and gestures inside.

You walk in after her.

"Renko! You're late!"
"I'm sorry, but I met someone."
"Hm? Hello!"
"He's a little shy."
"Hi!"
"This is Mary, she's-"

But the words trail off in your head. You're not listening to them any more. You barely take notice of anything but the woman in front of you, sitting at a table, surrounded by open books and loose papers. That woman, the way her hair falls down her back in a wave of gold, the way her eyes meet yours, her skin, her voice. Even the way she's dressed.
Oh god ... oh god ...
It's Yukari ... it's-

Is it?

[ ] Focus, it's only a resemblance. She's not Yukari.
[ ] She looks like Yukari, but Renko said you have nothing to freak out over. Calm down.
[ ] "Yukari?"
[ ] Cry in confusion.
[ ] Run away.
>> No. 61710
[X] "Yukari?"
>> No. 61711
[X] "Yukari?"
>> No. 61712
[ ] Go insane
[ ] Rape

...

[X] "Yukari?"
>> No. 61713
[ ] "Yukari?"
>> No. 61714
[x] "Yukkuri?"
[x] Kill it easy.
>> No. 61715
[P] "Yukari?"
[P] Cry in confusion.

Shutinonymous has a breakdown, and then motherly Mary comes over to hold him and calm him down.

Maybe.
>> No. 61716
>>61708
It's that spirit that I've missed! The man is more than man!

I mean, come on! "I might slow down a little"? He's like some kind of writing machine!
>> No. 61717
[X] "Yukari?"
>> No. 61718
File 122394603080.jpg - (494.76KB , 792x1006 , 1211644048590.jpg ) [iqdb]
61718
[X] "Yukari?"
>> No. 61719
[X] "Yukari?"
[X] Mental Breakdown
>> No. 61720
However much I hate to stop before auto-sage on the first day of writing, if I keep going then quality will slip.

Back tomorrow!
>> No. 61721
Good night, you princes of /th/
You kings of Gensokyo
>> No. 61722
File 122394807210.jpg - (19.65KB , 456x337 , 1223737812475.jpg ) [iqdb]
61722
>>61721
>> No. 61723
File 122394822920.jpg - (62.11KB , 639x478 , 1223914133756.jpg ) [iqdb]
61723
Till next time, aspiring Space Cases with quirky space pets!
>> No. 61725
[X] "Yukari?"
>> No. 61731
I'm glad you're back, HY.

I love you.
>> No. 61735
[ODIN] "Yukari?"
[ODIN] Cry in confusion.
>> No. 61737
>>61693
>Dammit, girl! You're completely out of practice with these things.
Wait, this is a female protagonist?
Story just got more awesome.
>> No. 61738
>>61737
I hope.
>> No. 61740
>>61737

That would be interesting, and possibly explain why Renko was willing to be so touchy, but alas:

>"He's a little shy."
>> No. 61741
[x] Genuflect

There has been no more appropriate time to do this in any CYOA, ever. And not in the meme sense, either.
>> No. 61744
[X] "Yukari?"
[X] Genuflect
[X] Cry in confusion.
>> No. 61746
File 122397529316.jpg - (63.38KB , 704x396 , [X] GENUFLECT.jpg ) [iqdb]
61746
[x] "Yukari?"
[x] Genuflect
>> No. 61747
>>61741
Good call.

[X] "Yukari?"
[X] Genuflect.
>> No. 61748
>>61737
>>61740

I'm willing to do that, if Anon desires it.

[ ] Male
[ ] Female
>> No. 61749
[X] Female

Batshit chicks are hot.
>> No. 61750
{X} Female
>> No. 61751
[X] Female
>> No. 61752
[X] Female
>> No. 61753
>>61749
>>Batshit chicks are hot.

But Anon, you are the crazy chick.
>> No. 61754
[x]Male
>> No. 61755
[X] Female
>> No. 61756
[X] Female
>> No. 61757
[X] Futanari.

:awesome:
>> No. 61758
[X] Futanari

lol
>> No. 61759
>>61753
>But Anon, you are the crazy chick.

And then Anon was borderline.
>> No. 61760
[X] Shota
>> No. 61761
[x] Female
>> No. 61762
[X] Male

I want to make love to Yukari without having to jump through hoops just to sprout a cock. We can fool around as a chick once we learn how to mess with the border of gender.
>> No. 61763
>I want to make love to Yukari without having to jump through hoops just to sprout a cock.

There's an option you're not considering here....
>> No. 61764
>>61763

Well, okay, I suppose we can let Yukari sprout the cock and make love to us. She'd better take care of us through the pregnancy, though, and she's not allowed to slack off on helping with raising the child.
>> No. 61765
>>61764

oh u
>> No. 61766
[ ] Male
>> No. 61768
[X] Female
>> No. 61769
>>61764
Sounds awesome.
>> No. 61770
[X]Male
>> No. 61771
[X] Female

Counteracting votespam faggotry.
>> No. 61772
File 122399371977.gif - (60.94KB , 485x213 , 41157d3913f5fed2c64648bf1d8bd7af.gif ) [iqdb]
61772
[x] You reproduce asexually, via sporogenesis.
>> No. 61773
[x] Male
All the CYOAs with a female anon have seemed really awkward.
>> No. 61774
>>61771

You know that more people are voting for "female", right? If anyone's votespamming, it's your side.

On a related note, remember when "votespamming" meant something other than "voting for the choice I don't want"?
>> No. 61775
>>61773

And wouldn't be more awkward to have been a man in this situation than a woman?
>> No. 61776
[x] Male
>> No. 61777
[X] Female
>> No. 61778
>>61774

Yeah, I was just reading HLA a minute ago.
>> No. 61779
[x] Male
>> No. 61781
I think we can reach an agreement here.

[X] Shemale
>> No. 61782
>>61773
>All the CYOAs with a female anon have seemed really awkward.

facepalm.jpg

>"Hello Renko." You say, awkwardly taking her hand. "What ... um ... I mean-"
>You relax again, letting out a sigh and smiling back at her. "I'm kind of awkward aren't I?"

And that you apparently haven't read RAN is something I find highly disturbing.

>>61774
>your side

You speak as if there were more than one of you—I think we both know that's not the case.
>> No. 61783
>>61782
I meant awkward to read. Obviously we wouldn't be any more awkward in our interactions with other characters. Also, RAN doesn't count because Cirno is not Anon.
>> No. 61784
>>61783

I tend to disagree. Please, give me some examples.
>> No. 61785
>>61783

I think that's a pretty funny thing to say considering the "Cirno" in RAN is probably the starkest re-imagining of a Touhou found among CYOAs. What exactly makes that less "awkward" for you to read?
>> No. 61786
[X] Male

I don't like changing things pointlessly.
>> No. 61788
Female has double the number of votes as male, and I want to get on with writing.

Female Anon it is.

>>61783
>>I meant awkward to read.

I will make every effort to avoid this.
>> No. 61789
>>61786

No Anonymous, you are the pointless.

And then Anon was a spam flood.
>> No. 61791
>>61788
>I want to get on with writing.

Hooray!

>I will make every effort to avoid this.

I wouldn't read too much into Anon's words. They're not complaining that the narrative as it is now is awkward, so I can't see how they could complain so long as the story maintains a consistent tone.

Honestly, there was nothing that would confirm the character's gender either way until five or six choices in; the ambiguity seemed almost intentional until I read that singular "he".
>> No. 61793
"Yukari?" You mutter, barely opening your mouth. You blink and swallow, throat suddenly dry. "Yukari?" Louder this time. The woman in front of you just looks at you for a moment, then turns to Renko.
"What have you been saying?" She asks, voice angry.
Renko holds her hands up. "Nothing! I just saw her-"
"Yukari?" You say again, taking a step forwards. "Is it ... is it you?"
The woman, Yukari, looks between you and Renko, then closes her eyes and sighs.

You've never seen Yukari do that, not with that look on her face. You swallow again. She looks like Yukari, but not exactly. Facial structure is the same, but her hair is shorter than Yukari's. Her eyes are a slightly different colour. Her clothes aren't anything like Yukari's once you get a good look at them, she seems to be wearing a much more shapeless dress than Yukari does, just plain purple. But her expression is the most jarring thing, you've never seen Yukari look like that.
"You're-"
"She's not Yukari." Renko says, stepping over to you, giving you a weak smile.
"But she looks-"
"Yes, I am aware that I look like Yukari." The girl behind the table says, having gone back to her books. Renko turns back to her.
"She didn't mean to be rude, Mary." Renko frowns. "I think she might know something."
'Mary' looks up at you, frowning with curiosity this time. "Know something? Yes!" Recognition comes into her eyes, lighting up her face. "How do you know Yukari? Where did you hear the name?"
"Mary!" Renko says suddenly, voice harsh. "Look at her, she's ..." Renko glances at you and smiles in a sad sort of way. "She looks tired, I think she needs some help, not an interrogation."
Mary stands up, slapping her hand on the table. "But-"
Renko just holds her hand up, closing her eyes. "Slow down Mary."
"Yukari." Mary says, ignoring Renko's protest, staring at you. "Tell me! What do you know!"

[ ] Say nothing, this is intimidating.
[ ] Renko's right, you like her idea better. Slow this down.
[ ] Answer Mary, tell her the truth.
[ ] Ohgodohgodohgod. Run away.
>> No. 61794
[X] Say nothing, this is intimidating.
[Y] Back away.
>> No. 61796
[x] Say nothing, this is intimidating.
[x] Back away.
>> No. 61797
[x] Be honest with her. She talks to you in your dreams and funnels random information into your head, which has a side effect of causing you to bleed from every available orifice.
>> No. 61798
{~} Say nothing, this is intimidating.
{~} Back away.

Skittish moe~
>> No. 61799
[x] Answer Mary, tell her the truth.

Scary time.
>> No. 61800
[X] Say nothing, this is intimidating.
[X] Tremble and tear up. Mary is scary.

Trembling, frightened girlnon is moe.
>> No. 61801
[x] Renko's right, you like her idea better. Slow this down.

We need answers. We need help. And I doubt we'll get either by acting like a timid little pussy.
>> No. 61802
>>61773
Explain to me again how SHaG, AD's Persona thing. and RaAN have been awkward, would you?
>> No. 61803
>>61793
>"You're-"
>"She's not Yukari." Renko says, stepping over to you, giving you a weak smile.
YOU'RE NOT ALEXANDER YUKARI
>> No. 61804
[x] Say nothing, this is intimidating.
[x] Tremble and tear up. Mary is scary.
>> No. 61805
Writing now.
>> No. 61806
>>61805

A machine.
>> No. 61807
File 122400294193.jpg - (95.20KB , 804x693 , oh-mah-gaaaaaa.jpg ) [iqdb]
61807
>>61806
>> No. 61808
File 122400303291.jpg - (56.13KB , 645x659 , 121442511345.jpg ) [iqdb]
61808
You honestly have no idea what to say. This 'Mary' is more than a little intimidating and you really don't feel comfortable talking about Yukari yet, let alone with someone who looks like her. What the hell are you supposed to say? 'I wake up bleeding every morning'? 'You look like the person who I dream about every night'?
"Uh ..." You take a step back, on instinct, gulping, hands rising in front of you.
"Hey." Renko says softly. "Mary's just stressed. She'll apologise." Renko turns back to Mary, speaking through clenched teeth this time. "Won't you Mary?"
"What?" Mary says, sounding offended. "Come on Renko! This is the first lead we've had in months!"
You look between the two girls, both of them on edge now. You feel yourself edging towards the door again, palms sweating. The atmosphere of aggression is really too much.
"Stop!" Mary says, noticing you moving.
"Er ..."
"Actually Mary, you've missed your chance this time." Renko says, turning back to you and rolling her eyes. "I'll see you later, when-"
"What?!"
"When," Renko continues calmly. "And only when, you're being less rude." Renko steps towards you and gently takes your arm. "Come on, let's go."
Over Renko's shoulder you can see Mary's livid face. The resemblance to Yukari only makes her scarier. "You, you absolute ... fucking ..." Mary says, incoherent with rage.
"Bye~ bye~" Renko says, whisking you out of the door before you can utter any protest.

Renko doesn't say anything again until you're outside once more. She doesn't let go of your arm either, but you're too shocked and confused to complain. She looks angry, but also worried.
She takes a deep breath upon reaching the open air again. The sun has warmed the air a little by now, but the day is still cold.
"Renko?" You ask. "You okay?"
She closes her eyes for a moment, then looks at you, smiling again. "I should be the one asking you that. I'm really sorry about Mary."
You shake your head. "It's okay, but I don't understand what's going on."
"Neither do we." Renko sighs. "That's why Mary's got such a short temper these days."
"You don't ... sorry, I'm so confused." You say, rubbing your eyes. The usual tiredness is starting to hit you as the nerves drain away.

"I can explain things to you." Renko says, shrugging. "Not as well as Mary can, but I think she needs some time to clam down right now."
"Okay." You say. "She was ... frightening." You admit.
Renko cocks her head at you. "Because she looks like Yukari?"
You laugh nervously. "Yeah, mostly that."
Renko reaches over and pats your shoulder. "Where do you feel like going?"
"Huh?"
Renko grins. "To talk. I'm curious how you know the name Yukari as well."

[ ] You can't skip class any more, get Renko's number and tell her you'll talk later.
[ ] Head to a cafe, you need to sit down.
[ ] Your place. You're in over your head already and you want something familiar.
[ ] Let Renko decide.
>> No. 61809
[X] Head to a cafe, you need to sit down.
>> No. 61810
[x] Head to a cafe, you need to sit down.

COFFEE.
>> No. 61811
{X} Head to a cafe, you need to sit down.
>> No. 61812
[X] Head to a cafe, you need to sit down.

Moe~
>> No. 61814
{X} Head to a cafe, you need to sit down.

Renko Route, eh?
>> No. 61815
Calling votes, writing in a little while (food first).
>> No. 61816
[x] Head to a cafe, you need to sit down.

Caffeine to make you stay awake and chatty. An overly comfortable environment will just put you to sleep.
>> No. 61817
>>61815

Hooray!
>> No. 61819
File 122400583088.jpg - (297.09KB , 1280x1024 , sdm.jpg ) [iqdb]
61819
Did you just abandoned the mansion??
>> No. 61820
>>61819

A wild STF appears!

But it has a point, any ETA for EoSD2 yet? A DP is fine too, but EoSD is already on page 3...
>> No. 61822
[X] Head to a cafe, you need to sit down.
>> No. 61825
>>61820

Don't open that box. You'll just have Anon arguing over whether Pirates of Gensokyo, EoSD, or this story should be updated first.
>> No. 61827
>>61825

Oh right, sorry. Curiosity got the better of me it seems.
>> No. 61828
>>61820
Give him some time. He wants to write something else first, then continue the 2nd run.
>> No. 61830
Seven minutes, sorry. Will be back later tonight, with more updates.
>> No. 61831
>>61830

Thank you. You are the greatest.
>> No. 61836
>>61830
The time without you was really boring.
>> No. 61837
>>61830
I am too late with voting, but still

[X] Head to a cafe, you need to sit down.
>> No. 61839
File 122401266389.jpg - (224.74KB , 450x580 , 121252889635.jpg ) [iqdb]
61839
"Can we head to a cafe? I could do with a drink." You say.
Renko nods. "Sure, I know a place nearby, come on."
You spend the walk in silence, already tired. Your legs ache a little and your eyelids feel heavy. Normally you'd be coming out of a lecture by now, you're not used to the break in your routine, no matter how welcome it is. Renko leads you inside a warm little coffee shop, a couple of blocks away from the university. At this time of the morning it's mostly empty, the only other customers are a few university students hanging out between classes.
You and Renko take a seat in a booth near the back of the place. You can smell her again, sitting so close. Renko doesn't order anything but you get a large cup of coffee. Should keep you going for a while.

"Heh." Renko tucks a loose strand of hair behind her ear as you sip at your coffee.
"What is it?" You ask. She looks almost embarrassed.
"Well ..." She glances around at the empty tables. "I'm glad it isn't busy."
You just nod, smiling. This kind of conversation is best kept private, but why should Renko be embarrassed? She doesn't give you a moment to ask her.
"So." She leans back, getting comfortable. You can feel her leg brush against yours underneath the table, but you don't flinch. This girl really does radiate calm ... or maybe you're just too tired to get worked up again.
"Do you mind me asking?" She says.
"Asking what?"
Renko rolls her eyes playfully and grins. "Oh, maybe ... asking if you're single."
You feel your face turning red. "Wha-"
Renko bursts out laughing. "No, silly! Asking about Yukari."
"Oh." You hide your face behind your coffee cup as you drink. "O-of course y-you can." You can't help but feel Renko said that just to throw you off.
"Seriously though." Renko leans forward, expression concerned again. "This is a difficult subject."

She reaches across the table and places her hand on your arm. Why is this girl so forward? It's so confusing.

"So." Renko says. "Where would you like to start?"
"Start? Oh ... er ..."

[ ] Tell Renko how you know the name 'Yukari'. Everything.
[ ] Tell her, but leave out the physical details, the bleeding and the pain.
[ ] Lie, Make something up. (Write-in the details please).
[ ] Ask her about Yukari, what does she know.
[ ] Ask her about Mary, why does she look like Yukari.
>> No. 61840
[X] Tell Renko how you know the name 'Yukari'. Everything.
>> No. 61841
[X] Tell her, but leave out the physical details, the bleeding and the pain.
>> No. 61842
{X} Tell her, but leave out the physical details, the bleeding and the pain.
{X} Ask her about Mary, why does she look like Yukari.
>> No. 61843
[X] Tell Renko how you know the name 'Yukari'. Everything.

It's our turn to freak her out.
>> No. 61844
[ ] Tell Renko how you know the name 'Yukari'. Everything.
>> No. 61845
[X] Tell Renko how you know the name 'Yukari'. Everything.
>> No. 61846
[ ] Tell Renko how you know the name 'Yukari'. Everything.

Tell her about dreams.

Tell her about knowledge paid for with blood.

Tell her about what you *know*, of that which hides on the other side of the sky and of the mistress, she who owns your heart and soul even as you flee from her in terror.


Or maybe a little less dramatic, but I do expect a flash of terrible insight soomer or later.
>> No. 61847
[X] Tell Renko how you know the name 'Yukari'. Everything.
>> No. 61848
[X] Tell Renko how you know the name 'Yukari'. Everything.
>> No. 61849
[X] Tell Renko how you know the name 'Yukari'. Everything.
>> No. 61850
>>61825
[x] Open the box.
>> No. 61851
Back from showering, writing now!
>> No. 61852
[x] >>61846
>> No. 61854
You take a deep breath. This is making you nervous like nothing before. You've known Renko for what? A couple of hours? But you still don't want her to think you're insane, a diseased freak. Her hand on your arm feels so good. Such a simple gesture, but right now it means the world to you. She's so kind, treating you like this, you almost feel like you've known her for ever.

No, come on, you're not that pathetic, not that needy.

"I suppose you'd like to know how I know Yukari." You say, looking back up at Renko again. She nods gently, smiling reassuringly at you. You swallow.
"Er ... I dream about her." You start, looking down. "It started nearly two years ago, I-"
Renko interrupts you. "Sorry, but I need to ask something."
"Hm?"
"Do you dream about her in the sense that she's in your dreams, or you dream that you are her?"
You shake your head. "I don't dream about being her."
Renko nods, frowning a little. "Go on."
"She ... she teaches me th-things. S-stuff I ... I d-don't." You can feel yourself beginning to break down. Speaking about this is hard. You swallow and wipe your forehead. "I d-don't understand w-what-"
"Hey." Renko says, rubbing your shoulder. "Relax."
"You're going to think I'm crazy." You say.
Renko shakes her head. "I won't. I promise."
"Okay." You say, taking another deep breath. "She teaches me things, things I don't want to know and I don't understand." You say all in one go. "It ... hurts, inside." You tap your head. "Too much information."
"About what?" Renko prompts.
"About everything, but mostly ... reality, physics I guess." You pause. "Although sometimes I suppose it's more like magic."
Renko squeezes your shoulder.
"I ..." You continue. "I wake up bleeding every morning, because of the things she's taught me ... I don't understand why. I don't understand what's happening to me."

"I know." Renko says. You look up at her. "I know." She repeats.
"You ... you know what I'm talking about?" You ask, breathless.
She leans forwards. "I know you're not crazy. Yukari is real. I don't know why she's inside your head, but we can find out." Renko seems utterly serious. "I want to help you."
You smile, involuntarily, almost hysterically starting to laugh. You manage to clam yourself before you lose it completely. This ... the last two years are real? This girl you've never met before is telling you she knows about the woman inside your head. If you weren't separated by a table right now you'd probably hug her. You can feel your eyes starting to tear up.
"Relax." Renko says again, giving your shoulder a squeeze. "I think that's enough for now. I don't want to overwhelm you." She smiles.
You shake your head. "I want to know what-"

A loud ringing noise almost makes you jump out of your seat.
"What?" You say. Renko seems as surprised as you.
It rings again.
"Is that your phone?" Renko asks, pointing to your bag. "It's not mine."
"Oh." Feeling embarrassed, you dig into your pocket and pull out your cellphone, hastily wiping your eyes on your sleeve. You never bothered to change it from the default ringing sound, nobody ever phones you anyway.

'Unknown Number' flashes on the screen.

The phone rings again in your hand.
"Going to answer it?" Renko asks.
"Nobody ever phones me." You mutter.

[ ] Answer the phone.
[ ] Cancel the call.
>> No. 61855
I'm torn.

Do I want to answer the call and activate a plot point, or do I want to ignore it and soothe myself with Renko's charming presence?

Damn...
>> No. 61856
[X] Answer the phone.
>> No. 61857
[x] Answer the phone.

You can either answer the phone now or answer to her later about why you didn't pick it up when she's INSIDE YOUR HEAD.
>> No. 61858
[ODIN] Answer the phone.

We answer the phone, and after the inevitable terrifying plot point we can cry into Renko's arms.
>> No. 61859
[ ] Answer the phone.
???: Is your refridgerator running?
Anon:Yes.
???:Then you'd better go catch it!
Anon: Why you...
???:Also, I'm Yukari~
*click*
>> No. 61860
[X] Answer the phone.

This is Yukari's polite way of contacting you. The impolite way involves a heavy object impacting your head to induce unconsciousness.
>> No. 61861
[X] Answer the phone.
>> No. 61862
[X] Answer the phone.
She's going to scold you over the phone, or is it someone completely unrelated calling?
Nevertheless, curiosity must be sated!

...Not to mention, if that really IS yukari calling, leaving it unanswered might be a really bad idea.
>> No. 61863
[X] Answer the phone.

Resisting the urge to make a Matrix reference.
>> No. 61864
[X] Answer the phone.
>> No. 61865
[X] Answer the phone.

I think we need a new Thread.
>> No. 61866
>Her hand on your arm feels so good.
>If you weren't separated by a table right now you'd probably hug her.
Still sounds male to me. Why was it even put up to vote? I get the feeling she's just going to be a lesbian anyways.

[ ] Answer the phone.
>> No. 61867
>>61866
Everyone is gay in Gensokyo.
>> No. 61868
>>61866
I don't mind.
>> No. 61869
>>61866
>>I get the feeling she's just going to be a lesbian anyways.

When 99% of the other characters are female, what the hell do you expect me to do?

Also writing now!
>> No. 61870
[X] Answer the phone.

Time to...wake up....Anon.....
>> No. 61871
>>61867
This is true, so don't let it bother you, Ravenous Japanese Mythological Creature.
>> No. 61872
[X] Answer the phone.
>> No. 61873
>>61867

I refer you to >>60723
>> No. 61874
>>61859
No, this is how you do it.

[ ] Answer the phone.
???: Hey fagbait, is your refridgerator running?
Anon: To your house to RAPE YOU DEAD!
*click*
>> No. 61875
>>61869
>what the hell do you expect me to do?
Remain male.

Why was that brought up to vote again?
>> No. 61879
>>61875

If I must explain myself then I will. Originally I was toying with the idea of writing a female protagonist. I intentionally left out the gender in the first couple of posts, because I hadn't decided. Then I used 'he' and the question was brought up.

So I put it to a vote.
>> No. 61880
well technically we still have the bishounen option, they "mistook" us for a female, and we were too confused/out of it/distracted to pay any attention to it.

Male option would have been better for them possible h-scenes. Reading them from a female pov is going to be akward, to say the least.

But still, it's HY writing it so it'll probably be fine.
>> No. 61886
>>61879
I see. I just looked for the 'dammit girl' line, and to me it looks like the protagonist is saying 'dammit' to Renko and referring to her as girl, and I can't even find the instance of 'he' used (searching for 'he' whole words only, ' he' and 'he ' all bring up nothing relevant.

Well, if you really want to have a female protagonist, then have a female protagonist. Not everything has to be left up to the voters.