[Return]
Archived thread

File 122374789272.jpg - (696.70KB , 2135x1514 , 1198645309162.jpg ) [iqdb]
61576 No. 61576
Thread 19, since the last one is a few posts short of autosage.

[x] Silence.
[x] "And even though you knew, counted on that this would happen..."
[x] "...here I am, still."
[x] "What do you want?"

You take a few more moments to think to yourself, mull over the information that Yukari just fed you in whatever timewarp she pulled there. You feel a chill run down your spine again, as you start to think about what to say to her. The words form in your mind, but before you can say them, something stops you.

"There's a time and a place for everything," Yukari says. You look up at her as she starts, and you notice her mouth isn't moving, she's maintaining her same smile. "I'll give you a chance in private to ask me questions like that. I'd rather no one, not even Yuyuko, know that I'm looking for help." God damn it, she really must be able to read your mind. You abandon your plan to ask her what she wants in the meantime as you quickly recover to break the growing silence and not look weird.

"This weather is crazy today." you say, breaking the silence. "I took a look around earlier. It's like it's different everywhere in Gensokyo for some reason. Hailstorms, wind storms, rainbows, open sky with or without clouds, fog, you name it it's probably happening somewhere.

"Hmm... I wonder if it's raining frogs somewhere then." Yuyuko says absently. An image of Suwako pops into your head, and you manage to suppress your laughter into a simple smile.

"Probably somewhere." you say. "I wish I knew what was going on with it though, I've had a bad feeling about it the entire time."

"It's probably happening because someone got bored and decided to start some trouble." Yukari says, adding a slight sigh. "The residents of this little world can be pretty unpredictable at times. Sometimes I wish they were a little less troublesome."

"That wouldn't be any fun though." Yuyuko says with a smile. "Gensokyo is at it's liveliest when someone's out making trouble. Plus, sometimes it gives me an excuse to leave Hakugyokuro on my own." she adds.

"I wonder if I'll be powerful enough to cause my own trouble one day~" Chen says, still hanging off the couch, this time behind Ran. Yukari shoots Ran a glance, and you can almost see the same shiver run down her spine as she catches it, then turns to Chen.

"I'd really like it if you didn't." Ran says, patting Chen's head. Chen's ears twitch a bit as she nods.

"If you say so then." she replies, leaving Ran to turn back around. You're a little interested in the kind of relationship she has with Yukari. Actually, you're also interested in exactly what Yukari is, and where her power comes from. On the other hand, you think you might prefer not knowing and just want to leave and get your chance to talk to her alone later, even though the thought of meeting her alone makes you uncomfortable, you reason that if she was going to do something to you, she could have done it at any time and no one would even know it.

---

>> No. 61583
[x] "I'm a bit worried though; I had to take the blame in front of the Moriya folks for some weird light-show near the mountain last night. Well, it was either that or admit who I was to the death goddess. I assume it'd be a good idea to avoid being seen around the area until this incident blows over? Don't want to take the blame for all of this inclement weather as well."

Yuyuko wants an excuse to get into fights with people? We'll give her one. Say this and watch her cook up a reason to drag you along to Youkai Mountain almost immediately.
>> No. 61585
[x] "I'm a bit worried though; I had to take the blame in front of the Moriya folks for some weird light-show near the mountain last night. Well, it was either that or admit who I was to the death goddess. I assume it'd be a good idea to avoid being seen around the area until this incident blows over? Don't want to take the blame for all of this inclement weather as well."
[x] "Not that I'm terribly adverse to putting Youmu's lessons to use, if it were unavoidable."
[x] "Oh, speaking of the death goddess, I was gifted some very nice vintage brandy for my trouble. Would either of you care for a drink?"

The the seeds have already been planted for your eventual involvement in the SWR event, but you want to put it off direct action at least until you visit the library tomorrow.

The off-hand mention of Komachi serves to impress Yuyu and show Yukari that you don't consider Komachi as much a threat as she might've thought. Also, there is no better time to drink that brandy than now: You and Yukari have quite a bit of nastiness here to put behind you.
>> No. 61587
[x] "I'm a bit worried though; I had to take the blame in front of the Moriya folks for some weird light-show near the mountain last night. Well, it was either that or admit who I was to the death goddess. I assume it'd be a good idea to avoid being seen around the area until this incident blows over? Don't want to take the blame for all of this inclement weather as well."
[x] "Not that I'm terribly adverse to putting Youmu's lessons to use, if it were unavoidable."
[x] "Oh, speaking of the death goddess, I was gifted some very nice vintage brandy for my trouble. Would either of you care for a drink?"

Let's get this party started.
>> No. 61588
Hmm... I would've actually perfered challenging Yukari to a snowball fight, but it doesn't seem we're as angry as before. Should I just type up the challenge anyway, and my reasoning behind it, and just leave it there as an idea that could be used later?
>> No. 61591
>>61588

DO IT FAGGOT

If anything we can challenge her after we get FIGHTAN DRUNK, especially given that fire in the belly will make it feel a lot less cold out for all involved.

This offers us the chance to bond a bit with everyone here. How about Daiyousei, Yuyuko, Youmu, and Nobody versus Yukari, Ran, Chen, and Cirno? I suggest making the fairies captains so they don't feel like the odd ones out (they're likely the experts anyway); plus, a leadership position might do Daiyousei some good.
>> No. 61593
And the masses speak. Or the mass speaks? Hmmm....

Well, the original idea goes like this :

[x] "Ah! I remember!"

This is there so you can 'jump back' after brushing off asking Yukari something.

[x] (dramatically, like you were mortally offended) "Yukari! I challenge you!"

Yuyuko loves bad jokes, right? Also, if we were angry, then we can pass it off as acting. Also note, that you can't do this halfway - if you're going to act silly, do so all the way since if you stutter or have your voice quiet down in at the end you'll really end up embarrased.

[x] "20 paces, high noon."

Yuyuko should love this cheese here. If you like, have Ran and Youmu act as seconds while Yuyuko declares the start of the duel. (Throw a snowball straight up, start when it hits the ground.)

[x] "You don't use your powers, I don't use mine."

Fair is fair, right? Well no, since Yukari's powers are alot greater than yours. But it SOUNDS fair, right?

[x] "Loser gets to cook dinner!"

What's the best, purest form of cheating? Is it sleight-of-hand, or illusion? No, it's redefining defeat so that even if it happens, you still end up ahead. You want to win even before you even scoot up to the table.

The next part really only makes sense if we were at odds with Yukari, but it's fairly interesting so I'll post it anyway.

Worst case scenario is that Yukari turns this down completely - however, this should be somewhat unlikely.

Second worst case scenario is she takes up the duel, but then immediately surrenders or lets you get a hit in - she would end up cooking dinner, you sorta look silly. In this case, proudly declare that you'll be fixing up dessert. (You get the last word, so ha!)

More likely case, you end up losing badly. You're pelted with snow, but hopefully you can get a few hits on Yukari. Even so, this is good - even if you got the worst of it, you'd had the chance to met out your frustrations on her. Mind, if you didn't get to hit her even once, you'll rack up sympathy points from Yuyuko, so you still won't miss out. And the penalty? We were planning to make dinner anyway.

Best case? We drag in everybody else. Yukari sleeps during winter, Yuyuko doesn't go outside much, and I doubt Youmu really plays too much. This can be fairly easy to pull off, just accidently hit someone. At the end, declare that everybody lost ("A poignant momument to the futility of war." - Remember your cheese factor!) and thus EVERYBODY has to help make dinner. Since everybody, espically Yuyuko would be hungry at this point (Running around in the cold should work up an appetite PDQ.) so this would be a good way to make alot of food fast. If you and everybody else are still fighting full-on, try declaring the loss if you can hear Yuyuko's stomach growling.

There are of course, some modifications. If Yukari tries to change it so the winner cooks, and she wins, declare you're doing dessert. If she pre-empts the dessert part, declare breakfast. So on and so forth.

[x] "Or are you... chicken?"

A taunt to Yukari, but it's actually directed towards Yuyuko to make her excited. Lady really loves her chicken.

Another note, this gives us some combat experience, as odd as it sounds. Focus, movement, aim, combat awareness... and it should hurt less than danmaku. We can also impress the others a bit by showing our hot-bloodedness. You can also act like Yuyuko's knight (although Youmu would probably end up doing that for about as long as it takes for Yuyuko to stuff a pile of snow down her collar), or team up with Youmu for a bit as 'nakama', etc etc.

Finally, it should give fond memories for all. You, the snow may be gone by this time tomorrow. Make them remember you.

***

Luckily, since we're about to get stinking drunk anyway, we still can pull this off.
>> No. 61596
>"Hmm... I wonder if it's raining frogs somewhere then." Yuyuko says absently. An image of Suwako pops into your head, and you manage to suppress your laughter into a simple smile.

hahahaha

Does this mean that if Suwako and Cirno butt heads during this event, it'll be raining frozen frogs during the fight?
>> No. 61599
[x] "I'm a bit worried though; I had to take the blame in front of the Moriya folks for some weird light-show near the mountain last night. Well, it was either that or admit who I was to the death goddess. I assume it'd be a good idea to avoid being seen around the area until this incident blows over? Don't want to take the blame for all of this inclement weather as well."
[x] "Not that I'm terribly adverse to putting Youmu's lessons to use, if it were unavoidable."
[x] "Oh, speaking of the death goddess, I was gifted some very nice vintage brandy for my trouble. Would either of you care for a drink?"
>> No. 61605
bandwagon, axe, etc.

[x] "I'm a bit worried though; I had to take the blame in front of the Moriya folks for some weird light-show near the mountain last night. Well, it was either that or admit who I was to the death goddess. I assume it'd be a good idea to avoid being seen around the area until this incident blows over? Don't want to take the blame for all of this inclement weather as well."
[x] "Not that I'm terribly adverse to putting Youmu's lessons to use, if it were unavoidable."
[x] "Oh, speaking of the death goddess, I was gifted some very nice vintage brandy for my trouble. Would either of you care for a drink?"

Even if that one bottle isn't enough for the three of you (four if Ran joins) Yukari can always gap in her own stash. Settling hard feelings in a friendly manner like a snowball fight would be a good idea (though I wouldn't be terribly adverse to a game of strip mahjong either).

It's better to think of the whims of Yukari as you do forces of nature or an act of God; you may not always like the results but there's not a damn thing you can do about it. The only rational reason to ever antagonize Yukari is to show her you have spine, and I think you've already succeeded at that.
>> No. 61607
>a game of strip mahjong

Someone else is going to have to write that, because I sure as hell don't know how mahjong works.
>> No. 61608
>>61607

You can learn.
>> No. 61609
>>61607

Me neither.

And I enjoyed Akagi all the more for it.
>> No. 61611
>>61607
We'll burn that bridge when we cross it. For now just focus on writing Nobody & co. getting rip-roaring drunk.
>> No. 61613
>>61607

Someone else already did write it more or less. U.N.Owen over in /sdm/ had Anon playing E-Card from Kaiji for like an entire thread. Took way too long, but still pretty awesome.

Relevant because >>61609 mentioned Akagi.
>> No. 61614
>>61613
>Took way too long

Am I the only one who felt otherwise?
>> No. 61615
>>61614
No, I was surprised it ended so early.
>> No. 61620
updates?
>> No. 61742
It's not easy waiting for EZ_Mode.

Though by the amount of discussion these threads see, he might just end up having the story written for him.
>> No. 61745
>>61742

I've been lazy lately, forgive me. Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. I tried updating earlier but my heart just wasn't into writing, so it's kind of half finished, and might get rewritten partially.
>> No. 61787
>>61745
>Canadian Thanksgiving

So it does exist...

I must know more of this magical place, this land where one can buy milk in bags.
>> No. 61853
[x] "I'm a bit worried though; I had to take the blame in front of the Moriya folks for some weird light-show near the mountain last night. Well, it was either that or admit who I was to the death goddess. I assume it'd be a good idea to avoid being seen around the area until this incident blows over? Don't want to take the blame for all of this inclement weather as well."
[x] "Not that I'm terribly adverse to putting Youmu's lessons to use, if it were unavoidable."
[x] "Oh, speaking of the death goddess, I was gifted some very nice vintage brandy for my trouble. Would either of you care for a drink?"

"I am a little worried though," you say, looking down at the table in recollection. "I had to take the blame for some kind of light show around the Moriya shrine last night. Well, if I hadn't, I'd have had to tell Komachi who I really was." You can feel everyone's eyes on you, and you look up at them. "It probably would be a good idea for me to be scarce until this whole thing blows over. I don't want this to be pinned on me as well."

"I don't think anyone could blame you," Yuyuko says. "Something like this is beyond what someone that resides in Hakugyokuro could do. A lot of people could realize that pretty easily."

"Be thankful you're not associated with me," Yukari says, cutting in. "At least, not publicly so. No doubt the first thing many people have done when they saw the sky was curse my name." Yukari sighs, then takes on a condescending grin. "It's hard being so popular."

"It'll be hard for me to shop again," Ran says, a sad tone in her voice. "Whenever something strange starts happening, Yukari gets the blame and no one wants to do business with me. I hope the culprit comes out soon without a fight."

"Let those silly humans fret," Yukari says, tapping her closed fan on her knee. "One day they'll realize they can't pin all their problems on my shoulders, if it happens this generation or the next."

"You could always make a show of going to stop this weather yourself," Yuyuko says, nodding to Yukari. "That might make people trust you a bit more."

"Hmm," Yukari hums, casting you a glance. "I think someone else around here would prefer to play Hero." she says. Everyone's eyes are on you again.

"Well, I'd put whatever training I have to use if I had to, either in self defense or defense of others." you say, looking at Yuyuko at the last part. She smiles at that, and you see Yukari smile as well out of the corner of your eye. The room falls silent again. You turn your head a bit and see Chen looking at you, a curious expression on her face. She smiles when she sees you looking at her, and you turn back to the room.

"Anyway, I got some vintage brandy for my troubles last night from that shinigami." you say, thikning back to the bottle in the fridge. "It woud be kind of sad to drink alone..."

"I'd take some." Yukari says, looking to Ran and nodding. Ran stands up and looks down at you.

"I'll go get it." she says, stepping around the couch and heading in the direction of the kitchen. Chen takes this time to hop over the back of the couch and sit in the spot Ran was sitting.

"So warm." Chen says, rubbing her hands along the cushion. Yukari and Yuyuko have gone on to talk about something, and you take your attention off them to look at Chen again, and see her staring once more. "You seem familiar," she says, looking you over. "You feel familiar too."

"Feel familiar?" you ask, a little confused, and slightly worried. Chen nods.

"You're a spirit, and I'm a nekomata. I'm still weak at necromancy, but I'm sure I've met you somewhere before." she says, keeping her voice low. You're thankful for that at least, you're not sure you'd want her to remember out loud what it was you had done the first time you met her.

"I don't remember meeting anyone like you." you say, hoping she'll drop the subject. Her tails are flicking slightly as she kicks her feet back and forth slowly over the edge of the couch. She stares at you a few more seconds before she gives up and looks away, looking around the room. A short while later, Ran returns with the bottle and several glasses. Chen slides towards you, and you slide a little bit away from her in turn as Ran returns to her seat.

"I kept your seat warm for you!" Chen says happily as Ran sits down. The tall woman smiles and scratches behind one of Chen's ears, which causes her to roll her head into Ran's arm. You find it pretty unusual to see Chen acting so catlike, but, well, she is a cat in the first place. Ran continues on to pour the drinks for everyone, and Yuyuko and Yukari continue on with their chatter, while Ran and Chen start talking about something as well. You're left in silence, which is kind of a good thing, you feel, since you're not entirely sure what else you have to say in the first place. You try to think of some kind of topic you could bring up that would cause more conversation, or maybe some kind of challenge or game.

---
>> No. 61903
File 122402547992.jpg - (222.98KB , 800x600 , 1211463682950.jpg ) [iqdb]
61903
>>"You're a spirit, and I'm a nekomata. I'm still weak at necromancy, but I'm sure I've met you somewhere before."
The kitty suspects us.
Anyway, you rarely ever see anyone make mention of Chen's supposed necromancy, so bonus points.
>> No. 61922
>>61787

You know, Amerifag. In Canada, milk comes in many other forms. Cartons, plastic jugs, powered milk, canned milk. Bagged milk is a Eastern Canada thing. They're weird.
>> No. 61929
[x] Drink up a bit, then...
[x] Snowball fight, as detailed in >>61593 (Although I think it needs a bit of cleaning up.)

***

When I was conceived, the North Wind, Boreas shuddered in anticipation.

Whenever they spoke my name, the North Star, Polaris bowed.

When I was born my own mother left me alone to fend off a polar bear, as in the traditional way of my people, just to see if I was worth her time.

You don't scare me, Yukari. You can't scare me, Yukari. For. I. Am... CANADIAN!
>> No. 61954
>"Be thankful you're not associated with me," Yukari says, cutting in. "At least, not publicly so. No doubt the first thing many people have done when they saw the sky was curse my name."

GODDAMMIT YUKARI

[x] Drink up. Liquid courage for what you're about to pull.
[x] Spice up the party: Jump up as if in sudden realization and loud accuse Yukari in the hammiest manner possible of being the cause of every misfortune in your life, starting with all those missing dryer socks. And you demand satisfaction.
[x] You want a snowball fight, but since you made the challenge, Yukari must pick the game. However if she really can read your mind, this is an opportunity to see how far she's willing to go to indulge you.
>> No. 61967
[x] Challenge them all to the game.
>> No. 61972
>>61929
Beer references, in my Touhou?

Don Cherry is a son of a bitch
>> No. 61973
[x] Drink up a bit, then...
[x] Snowball fight, as detailed in >>61593

sounds good
>> No. 61974
[x] Drink up a bit, then...
[x] Snowball fight, as detailed in >>61593
>> No. 62013
Maybe I can exert more of an influence this way?

>>61929 here. And also >>61593, and the guy whose write-in started off this thread, (and didn't start to recieve critism until after it got a boatload of votes) In this case, I really do feel like the original proposal in >>61593 is incomplete and could use a bit of hammering out - perferably beforehand.

Well, modifying my vote to look like this -

[x] Drink up. Liquid courage for what you're about to pull.
[x] Spice up the party: Jump up as if in sudden realization and loud accuse Yukari in the hammiest manner possible of being the cause of every misfortune in your life, starting with all those missing dryer socks. And you demand satisfaction.
[x] (dramatically, like you were mortally offended) "Yukari! I challenge you!"
[x] "20 paces, high noon."
[x] "Loser gets to cook dinner!"
[x] "Or are you... chicken?"
[x] You want a snowball fight, but since you made the challenge, Yukari must pick the game. However if she really can read your mind, this is an opportunity to see how far she's willing to go to indulge you.

Lesee - I'm stea-, err, borrowing >>61954 's parts, and then inserting the challenge in between. It eliminates the "Ah, I remember!" part since the accusation is much more interesting and makes it redundant. The "No powers" part is gone, since we can't say outright what kind of challenge we want - however, Yukari herself might put it in. However, I definately think the challenging part itself could use a bit more padding, I just don't know what.

Other suggestions, and reasons - have Ran and Youmu as seconds - out of the people here, they are the least likely to join in, although Chen should encourage her Ran-sama, and Yuyuko would drag in Youmu - however, they still need to be in the right place at the right time. The Prismrivers play the dramatic music right before the fight starts (I'm thinking the music played right before Luke is about to walk the plank in Return of the Jedi, there's plently of others as well.) while the fairies are invited by too, "officially" as commentators.

>>61972

I'm pretty sure I referenced something, I just don't know what. Got a youtube link or anything like that? Maybe we can try saying it after it's determined to be a snowball fight.
>> No. 62049
>>62013
When expanded upon, I now get the concern we'd be breaking someone out of character just to get this idea working.
>> No. 62066
>>62049

Hmmm... what is our character though? All of the previous routes had us pretending to be our hosts, and we will be drinking to pull this one off.
>> No. 62086
>>62066

Pretty sure our character is fulfilling the wishes of whichever character's route we're pursuing, in this case we're entertaining Yuyuko.
>> No. 62088
>>62086
Actually, I was referring to the other characters. Anon tends to span from true paranoid to chaotic gullible.
>> No. 62089
>>62088

Who exactly would be acting out of character here?
>> No. 62094
[x] Drink up a bit, then...
[x] "Ah! I remember!"
[x] (dramatically, like you were mortally offended) "Yukari! I challenge you!"
[x] "20 paces, high noon."
[x] "You don't use your powers, I don't use mine."
[x] "Loser gets to cook dinner!"
[x] "Or are you... chicken?"

You spend some time thinking while everyone talks. There has to be something you can do to make things a little more interesting, maybe get some of the recent events behind you and ease the atmosphere a little. You look at Yuyuko, talking happily with Yukari. She's playing up something with her acting again. You remember her that morning with the snow, and that's when the idea comes to you with a smile. You make a show of banging your glass down on the table, catching everyone's attention.

"I've got it!" you declare, standing triumphantly from your seat, taking a dramatic pose. Feet spread, one hand pointing towards Yukari. "I challenge you, Yukari!" The woman blinks in surprise at your challenge, and she gives you the same odd smile. "Sunset in the garden, 20 paces." you continue, bringing your hand to your hip to join your other one. "No powers, one hundred percent flesh and hot blood! Loser cooks dinner!" you say, taking a moment to look at Yuyuko, then back to Yukari. You lift one foot and plant it on the table, leaning forward on your raised leg.

"Or are you... chicken?"

Yuyuko breaks into applause immediately, floating up from her chair. "That was excellent!" she cheers, floating over to you and setting down next to you. She takes a moment to arrange her kimono a bit to allow her to slide one leg out through the fold, and plants one foot on the table as well and mimics your current pose. "I too, back this challenge! Loser gets to feed me!" she declares. Yukari smiles and nods her head, standing from her seat. Ran and Chen walk to her sides.

"Very well then!" she says, tapping her fan against her hand. "I accept this challenge of yours." Yukari's smile grows. "I'll show you what it feel like to have a proper burial." With that, she head towards the door, Ran and Chen behind her. It was already late afternoon, so sunset would be soon. You take your foot off the table, and Yuyuko follows.

"We should probably get Youmu," Yuyuko says, readjusting her kimono. "Some play time should be good for her."

"It would also balance the apparent teams as well." you say. You find yourself wondering about the others around the house as well. Cirno, Daiyousei and the Prismrivers, if they would get into it as well. It would be pretty crazy with that many participants, but there would be an imbalance as well. There's still time to prepare beforehand at least, so whether or not you're going to gather more players for the teams can still be done.

---

Delicious winter brawl~

A lot of players would be pretty interesting. Nothing like a full out snow war.
>> No. 62120
[ ] Gather more people, specifically get Youmu, Ran, Chen and make a trip to get a certain black-white

I CAN'T TAKE IT EASY KNOWING MARISA CAN'T EITHER
She's probably depressed about her friend suddenly not having enough time for her and now she's ronery. This cannot be.
>> No. 62122
Uuu... tricky. There's two ways I can see this :

[ ] Simply accept that there will be uneven teams.

[ ] Have two even teams. This leaves one person out. This would have to be handled very delicately... in this case, take Daiyousei aside explain to her what her role is - she 'acts' as an announcer, but her real job is to make both sides lose - the hardest, most difficult but the most fun and since she's usually ignored, she's in the perfect position to pull this off. Offer to teach her how to make a dessert (Since she'll be the only winner if this happens) if she can pull this off, and suggest to her if she's too shy that you can be her first target.
>> No. 62124
A few more things -

Explain that you're counting on at least one other person on the other team (Yukari) spying on you two when you suggest this.

Give her one advantage - make it so the rules state only the teams have to limit their powers, it would never apply to her, and that as one of the team captains, you can direct your own not to use theirs, and hopefully Yukari can control hers. Also, give her a definite time limit to when she should throw her first snowball - if she has a stopwatch, this would be helpful.

Finally, assure her that despite all this, once she hits you for the first time, you WILL be playing against them and her to win - so she should expect no mercy from then on.
>> No. 62126
[x] You and Yukari will be the respective captains.
[x] Tell Yuyu to gather Cirno, Daiyousei, and Youmu.
[x] You will attempt to gather Alice, Hina, and their friends, assuming Yukari will be able to gather her own numbers at will to compensate for any inequality, with the secondary objective of finding out the cause of the weather disturbance.
[x] If there is an odd-man-out, then Yuyuko will be the ref, since this is her turf and she is who we'll be making dinner for.

In theory we could rope the entire SDM (through Alice and Patch) and the Moriya group (through Hina) to our sides. Which in that case leaves Yukari at least the Shrine folks and Eientei. What's more is that everyone who is concerned about the weather is going to want to be where there is other Touhous, in order to get a handle on who might be involved.
>> No. 62133
>>62126

I'm a bit uncertain on how fast we can gather all these people up, and how big we should make this. For one, we're still going to be suspect #1 for screwing up Gensenkyo. Two, we can have a big snowball fight/victory feast after we solve the crisis - the snow won't melt right away, and having two giantic feasts in a row would be a bit odd. Three... I think it would be best for the fight to be dominated by Yuyuko's close friends. (How would Youmu feel about a bunch of random strangers barging in for a snowball fight? She might not complain openly, but...)

As for my own Daiyousei suggestion, I'll offer a bit of critism on that as well - there's a chance that it might hurt her relations with Cirno and Chen. However, in the worst case you can put a stop to it by saying it was your idea - you'll have to watch both Cirno and Chen to see if they harbor any resentment. (Although in the most likely case, it should just be viewed as an awesome prank) And, for Daiyousei's case, she needs to learn to take risks - she can have her dessert served as a final apology.
>> No. 62134
File 122413225824.jpg - (141.94KB , 700x700 , 1212785416216.jpg ) [iqdb]
62134
>>I'm a bit uncertain on how fast we can gather all these people up
Yukari knows~
>> No. 62137
>>62133
>I'm a bit uncertain on how fast we can gather all these people up, and how big we should make this.

You'd think this was a pretty big hint:
>A lot of players would be pretty interesting. Nothing like a full out snow war.
>> No. 62143
>>62133
>For one, we're still going to be suspect #1 for screwing up Gensenkyo.

As Yuyu said, we're not that conspicuous; Kanako even said we didn't look like much. More importantly, it'll be our friends that do the recruiting, not us in person.

>Two, we can have a big snowball fight/victory feast after we solve the crisis

That's no reason to not strike while the iron's hot.

>having two giantic feasts in a row would be a bit odd

Who said anything about a feast? The only safe assumption to make about the end of SWR here is that a few people will have tea.

>How would Youmu feel about a bunch of random strangers barging in for a snowball fight? She might not complain openly, but...

You could say the same about forcing her to participate in a snowball fight. Of course she's going to say the whole thing is silly, but she'll be there in whatever capacity her unreasonable mistress needs her—something she prides herself upon.


Regardless, just Yuyu, Youmu, No Body, Yukari, Ran, Chen, the Prismrivers, and the fairies come out to an odd number of people, and there's not a fair judge amongst them. This to me suggests including other people. And it'll be very embarrassing if Yukari shows up with a dozen others, claiming to have expected a bigger showing on our behalf, when we only have three or four of our own.
>> No. 62147
Votes~
>> No. 62148
File 122414574556.jpg - (353.82KB , 800x1148 , winter_of_the_residents_of_a_touhou_town_10.jpg ) [iqdb]
62148
RECRUIT ADDITIONAL TOUHOUS
>> No. 62153
[x] Tell Yuyu to gather Cirno, Daiyousei, Youmu, and the Prismrivers.
[x] You will attempt to gather Alice, Hina, and their friends, assuming Yukari will be able to gather her own numbers at will to compensate for any inequality, with the secondary objective of finding out the cause of the weather disturbance.

>>62148

Ref is going to be a special unseasonal appearance by Letty Whiterock, hopefully.
>> No. 62175
[x] Tell Yuyu to gather Cirno, Daiyousei, Youmu, and the Prismrivers.
[x] You will attempt to gather Alice, Hina, and their friends, assuming Yukari will be able to gather her own numbers at will to compensate for any inequality, with the secondary objective of finding out the cause of the weather disturbance.
[x] Ask Yukari if she can wake Letty up temporarily to referee the fight; it would make Cirno very happy.
>> No. 62317
File 12242036983.jpg - (46.42KB , 500x518 , dualpsyblades.jpg ) [iqdb]
62317
>>62148

You have my psyblades.
>> No. 62326
>>62147

how many more votes do you need?
meaning, how many padded votes do you want?
>> No. 62328
>>62326

At least four is good enough, but at that time I only had two with a variation between how they work.
>> No. 62329
>>62328
Paladin Updates more please.
>> No. 62331
[x] You and Yukari will be the respective captains.
[x] Tell Yuyu to gather Cirno, Daiyousei, and Youmu.
[x] You will attempt to gather Alice, Hina, and their friends, assuming Yukari will be able to gather her own numbers at will to compensate for any inequality, with the secondary objective of finding out the cause of the weather disturbance.
[x] If there is an odd-man-out, then Yuyuko will be the ref, since this is her turf and she is who we'll be making dinner for.
>> No. 62508
update
>> No. 62514
>>62329

Paladin is dead
>> No. 62542
[x] Tell Yuyu to gather Cirno, Daiyousei, and Youmu.
[x] You will attempt to gather Alice, Hina, and their friends, assuming Yukari will be able to gather her own numbers at will to compensate for any inequality, with the secondary objective of finding out the cause of the weather disturbance.

Well, if this is going to be done, there's only one way to go about it. You're going to need more people. A lot more people.

"Hey, Yuyuko," you say, catching her attention. She looks up at you. "You gather the others. The two fairies and Youmu. I'm going to take off for a while and bring in even more people." you say. Yuyuko's face lights up and she claps her hands together.

"Ah, a full out war is erupting in Hakugyokuro, it's only natural that everyone get involved in this curious midsummer winter event!" she cheers, floating off ahead of you. "Get as many people as you can!" With that, she flies off quickly, and you make your way out as well. You head towards the staircase and make your way along quickly. You're going to need to be fast about this. You're at least sure that you can get Alice and Hina. First choice is Alice, as the forest is closer.

You fly over the gate, and notice that the sun is already close to setting. You swoop low through the clouds, speeding towards the forest. You swing to Alice's house and even on a quick look it seems empty. You also notice the hail has stopped. Just to be sure though, you fly down and knock on the door. You wait a little while for an answer, and when you hear nothing, you begin to take off as a light rain begins to fall.

"Oh, a strange face!" you hear a voice say, a familiar voice. You turn slightly to see Marisa, flying down on her broom. "What's a guy have to do all the way out here?" she asks with a smirk. "Alice didn't tell me she was seeing someone."

"Ah, well, it's not like that." you say, turning slightly away from Marisa, trying to conceal the sword. "I was coming to ask her if, well..." you trail off. It's sure to sound suspicious if you don't admit what you're up to, and no matter whateuphemism you cook up for a snowball fight, it'll still sound fishy. The truth it is then. Besides, she could always be on Yukari's team. "There's a snowball fight brewing at Hakugyokuro."

"Snowball fight?" Marisa repeats, a smile crossing her face. "Man, I haven't played in snow since I was a little girl. Hey, can I come too? I'd be a lot better than Alice." she says, pounding a fist to her chest.

"Uh, sure, I guess." you say, not really sure what else you could say. Even if you said no, you doubt she wouldn't show up anyway now.

"Awesome, awesome!" Marisa cheers, floating up into the air. "Hey, I'll head there now then, once I go see someone." Almost immediately, Marisa flies off. You're not going to waste time either, Alice is probably at the Scarlet Devil mansion. That'll be your next stop then.

You swoop down to the gate, as you remember. The guard girl Meiling bows as you approach.

"I've heard to expect someone like you," she says, stepping towards the gate. "Here to see Miss Patchouli?" she asks.

"Actually, I was wondering if Alice was here, I have something to ask her." you say. Meiling nods.

"She arrived not to long ago herself actually." she says, opening the gate and stepping inside. You step through and head towards the house, then stop.

"Hey, would you be interested in a snowball fight?" you ask, turning to the guard. She looks a little confused, looking up at the sky. There's a rainbow here. She looks back at you.

"But... there's no snow."

"It's at Hakugyokuro," you say. "There's snow there, even though it's summer."

"How strange," she says, idly playing with one of her braids. "Ah! But I couldn't go anyway, not unless I was told to. I'd get in trouble for leaving my post." she says a little sadly, looking at the ground.

"I'll see what I can do for you." you say with a grin. Meiling looks up with a smile, and gives you a thumbs up.

"I'm counting on you then!" she says, turning back to the gate as you turn back to the house. You head up to the large doors, and open the doors. It's still as creepy as ever inside, but you're a little more reassured now, being both armed and with a clear knowledge of where you're going as you head down the dark hallway leading to the library. You reach the doors, but find them locked. Once more, you knock and wait for a response. It takes longer than you'd like, but Koakuma answers the door, peeking her head out.

"Oh, it's you," she says, stepping back as she pushes the door open. "Give me a moment, sir. I'll take you to Miss Patchouli." Koakuma says. She closes the door behind you, then flies off over the bookshelves. You follow behind her as she leads you to one of the many small clearings in the forest of shelves, where Alice and Patchouli are sitting, the latter with her back to you. Alice sees you, and looks a little surprised.

"So you've decided to come today after all?" she asks as you float towards the table, Koakuma having already taken her side next to Patchouli.

"Yes, but I've got another reason to be here. I've come to collect you for a game." you say, coming right out with it. Alice blinks in surprise.

"A game?"

"A snowball fight, at Hakugyokuro. It was an idea I had, and I'm looking for participants to bolster the teams more. Naturally, I thought I'd see if you were interested." you explain. You catch Komakuma looking a little confused out of the corner of your eye. Patchouli however, doesn't even seem to have noticed you at all. Alice, however, smile at the offer.

"It'd be nice to have some fun, take a bit of a break from my work." she says, looking over at Patchouli. Alice makes a slight coughing sound, trying to catch Patchouli's attention. It fails. She tries several more times, each time meeting similar results, you decide to try your luck with a slightly different approach. You step over and gently shake Patchouli.

"Hey, Patchouli?" you ask. As if on cue, she snaps out of whatever she was in and looks up from her book, confused.
>> No. 62543
"Oh? Oh! Oh, sorry about that, I was a little engrossed in my book," she says, coughing slightly and placing the book on the table. "So then, how can I help you?" she asks. You point at Alice, who laughs slightly at Patchouli's confused expression, which turns to slight embarrassment.

"You want to come out and play with me?" Alice asks of Patchouli. She seems a little hesitant to answer for a while.

"Well, perhaps getting a little fresh air wouldn't be too bad..." she says, looking down at her book. "I could sit under a tree and-" Alice cuts her off with a short laugh.

"I'm talking about playing, Patchouli. A snowball fight, you won't have time for books." Alice says. Patchouli looks back down at the table.

"I don't know about that..." Patchouli says, picking up her book again. Alice stands from her seat and walks around the table, pulling Patchouli's chair back. "I'm not good at physical games!" Patchouli whines.

"But you're good at danmaku." Alice retorts, pushing the book down. "It's just like that, only a little colder." she continues, removing the book from Patchouli's hands and sliding a bookmark into the pages. Patchouli looks a little bothered still, and she looks up at Koakuma from her seat.

"What do you have to say about this?" Patchouli asks. Koakuma looks away, scratching her head.

"Well, I don't see much snow... I was kind of-"

"Traitor..." Patchouli whines again. With a sigh, Patchouli stands up and steps away from the table. Alice takes one of her arms. "I guess I could still use the fresh air. I could hide somewhere and hope no one finds me." Alice takes one of Patchouli's arms in hers.

"It'll be okay." Alice says reassuringly.

"Yes," you say, with a widening grin. "Especially if we get the others." Patchouli looks up at you with a surprised expression.

"Others? You mean, Remilia and Sakuya?"

"And Meiling." you add. "Can you help convince them?" you ask. Patchouli looks away, thinking for a moment. She smiles herself after a few seconds.

"I could, and if I do, then the others could provide cover for me, and I wouldn't have to get all cold and wet." Patchouli says. With that much settled, the four of you leave the library. Along the way, Alice and Koakuma head outside, and Patchouli asks you to come along with her. After a short trip through several equally dark halls, Patchouli stops at a door.

"Remilia, it's me. I have a guest that would like to speak to you." Patchouli calls out. After a few seconds, Sakuya opens the door. A few steps behind her is Remilia. Both of them look you over suspiciously.

"What is this about?" Remilia asks, stepping into the door way, still eyeing you, particularly your sword. Before you can speak though, Patchouli starts up.

"We've been invited to a snowball fight, apparently. Alice has convinced me to go along, and I was thinking you might be-"

"No. I don't have time for child's games." Remilia says, turning away and walking back into the room. Sakuya steps into the doorway, gives a slight bow, and begins to close the door. Patchouli has already turned away. You don't even think about what you're doing when you step forward, putting your hand against the door.

"Hold it," you say. Sakuya glares at you, and releases the door, knives appearing in her now freed hand. Remilia as well has turned halfway back, glaring at you as well. "I'm not sure you understand this. This isn't just any fight, it's an all out war. A battle of honour and skill, a legendary brawl made possible only because of the fantastic weather conditions of this strange sky. This is something that might never happen again, something that will everyone will remember. You know what else they will remember?"

Silence follows for a few moments. Remilia walks back up to the door as Sakuya steps aside. The young vampire looks up at you, her glare giving away to slight amusement.

"What's that?" she asks. You lean down to get in her face, staring her straight in the eye.

"They'll remember how Remilia Scarlet was too afraid to play a childs game and lose."

Remilia's eyes snap open, and her smile fades. Sakuya takes a step forward, but Remilia holds a hand out and she stops. After a few seconds, she starts laughing.

"You're a fool, but you've got guts to get in my face." Remilia says, a smug grin on her face. "I turned it down because I was sure it would have been boring if someone like you was taking part, but now I think I'd like to join in, if only so I can savour beating you personally." Remilia turns back to her room, and Sakuya looks after her, then back to you. Her glare has faded, but she's still carrying a slightly angry look. "I'll get dressed and come along for your silly game. Sakuya, you get ready to leave too. Tell Meiling to-"

"Tell Meiling to get ready as well." you say, directly to Sakuya. The edges of her mouth twitch slightly, but Remilia simply laughs.

"Tell her to come along as well then, our guest demands it!" Remilia says, turning around. "And Sakuya..." Remilia trails off, nodding her head. Sakuya nods back, then turns back to the door.

"We'll be along shortly." Sakuya says, then moves to shut the door. You step back and let the door close, turning to Patchouli. She looks a little mad as well.

"You shouldn't have stood up to Remilia like that," she says as she starts walking back down the hall. "She's not going to let you off lightly for challenging her like that." You simply scoff.

"I'm dead anyway, so I'd imagine it's not like she can really hurt me." you say dismissively.

"That's not a healthy attitude to have. There's still a lot of things that can hurt ghosts. Maybe not permanently, but pain is still pain." Patchouli replies. "Though... I guess it was kind of interesting to see someone actually take a stand against her." she says, smiling a little. "I don't think I've ever seen a man actually talk down to her like that, I have to admit it made me a little excited."

You feel a little better too, seeing that Patchouli is actually starting to seem like she's looking forward to this. The two of you head back outside in silence, where Alice and Koakuma are already waiting at the gate.

"And?" Alice asks, sounding pretty anxious to hear the news. You give a thumbs up, and nod to Meiling when you catch her looking.

"You're good to go as well." you say. Meiling smiles even brighter this time and bows.

"I was a little worried that Remilia wouldn't let me go. I'm a little nervous now though, knowing I'll actually get to play. I'll do my best!" Meiling says excitedly. You smile back, good to see that she's so happy for it as well. You can't spend much more time on this though, there's still more people to see. You inform everyone of your intentions to find more people, and tell Alice to bring everyone to Hakugyokuro when they're ready to go. Shortly after, you leave, flying over the lake towards the mountain Hina lives on.
>> No. 62544
A thick fog in the forest makes navigation difficult, but you still manage to find Hina's house, and touch down to knock on the door. As you do, you notice a rather delicious smell. A few seconds later, Hina opens the door, and smiles when she sees you.

"Hello again!" she says, opening the door entirely. "Looks pretty bad out there, do you want to come in?" she asks. You nod, and she steps back, allowing you to enter the small house. As you do, you notice another girl, a young woman in a rather plain looking dress. The inside of the house smells even stronger than it did outside, and it's starting to make you a little hungry.

"Hello." the girl says, nodding to you.

"Oh! You probably don't know who this is, this is Minoriko Aki. She's another Goddess." Hina says, gesturing towards the woman. "She's a Harvest Goddess. Yes, that smell is her. Yes, it makes me hungry too." Hina continues with a smile. Minoriko smiles a bit herself, though she looks a little embarrassed.

"It's nice to meet you," Minoriko says. "I didn't know Hina had any, uh, male friends." she says, looking you over. You nod to her as well.

"So, you must have been that delicious smell around the mountain." you say, recalling the times you remembered smelling something when you were Hina. She simply nods again with a slight laugh.

"I guess it was. It's a little trick I use, to lure people that might try to enter the mountain so I can try to turn them away. Obviously it didn't work on you if you met Hina." she says. Hina looks away. Well, if only she knew how you and Hina actually know each other. However, to business.

"Hina, I've come by to see if youw ant to play in a snowball fight." you say. Hina looks at you, but before she can reply, Minoriko jumps up from her seat.

"Snow!? There's snow somewhere?" she asks excitedly. You nod at her, a little confused. She stamps her foot, then takes on a victorious smile. "That's got to be it! That's what's causing my sister's leaves to turn before their time. I bet it's her!" Minoriko exclaims, sounding a little annoyed. "Cutting summer short, and trying to push through Autumn! I can't let her get away with this gross violation of natural order! Tell me, where is this happening!"

"Uh, Hakugyokuro, but-"

"The Netherworld then!" she shouts, brushing off her dress a little. "Sorry to be so loud when we've just met, but this is something that personally affects me and my family. I have to take action against this snow for the sake of Autumn! There's probably a story in this somewhere as well, I could be famous! 'The Autmn Goddess Crushes Early Snow'. Oooh, excuse me! I have to go!" Minoriko states, stepping past you and flying out the door, into the dense fog.

"My, she's worked up." Hina says. "I feel like I should go along just to make sure she doesn't get hurt or lost. You could- Oh!" Hina cuts herself short. "I guess you couldn't go get Nitori then, could you, she doesn't know who you are." Hina looks out the door into the fog and sighs. "She'd probably be alright to get there on her own."

"So you want to bring Nitori along as well?" you ask, just to clarify. Hina nods.

"She likes to play, but a lot of other kappa around her would prefer to work on their machines. She hasn't been out for a day or so, so she'd probably love to go play with others in snow." she says. You step towards the door and exit, and Hina follows behind you, closing the door. The two of you start up the mountain towards the waterfall. Along the way, you see Minoriko pass again, heading back down the mountain, with Aya, Momizi, and Keine, of all people, following her.

"Looks like she's found some help." you say.

"She sure has." Hina says. "How many other people are there participating?"

"A lot, I'd imagine." you reply. "There were a few already, about... 11 to begin with, and now there'd be... 21 or so, not including Nitori who would make it 22."

"That is quite a lot," Hina says, starting to sound excited as well. "This is sounding like something amazing. I'd want to be there just to see it, and I'm sure that there'd be some misfortune to remove as well." she says. You suddenly remember Chen, and you're a little worried about what will happen if Hina runs into her, but you don't say anything. You're sure that Hina would be too embarrassed to say anything about that anyway.

You reach the kappa cave entrance and fly thorugh, Hina leading you right to Nitori's door despite all the onlookers watching you. Hina enters without knocking, you don't bother either.

"Nitori?" Hina calls out, entering the house.

"Hina?" you hear Nitori call out from upstairs, and HIna heads to the stairs and starts up them with you on her heels. Back in the all too familiar upstairs, you watch Hina head into the room you had set up, but you're otherwise distracted by the computer room. Rikako is back on the computer, typing up something again, and that rabbit-eared woman from the clinic is there as well. She notices you first and waves, but doesn't say anything.

...

Well, it wouldn't hurt.

"Say, would either of you be interested in a snowball fight?" you ask. Rikako turns in the computer chair, adjusting her glasses, while Reisen just tilts her head.

"Who are you?" Rikako asks, already sounding defensive. "And who let you in here?"

"I'm here with Hina to get Nitori. We're going to a snowball fight in Hakugyokuro."

Silence.

"Why?" Rikako asks.

"Why not?" you reply. Rikako looks a little irritated with such a simple reply. Reisen still looks a little confused.

"Snow in Hakugyokuro?" she asks. You nod.

"Likely something to do with the strange weather occurences." you say. You shrug your shoulders thought. "Not entirely sure though, Yuyuko plans to make the most of it. There's already quite a lot of people turning up and heading out for it. I just figure I'd ask anyone I see for the sake of making it as large as possible."

Reisen looks away in thought, scratching her cheek. You notice her lips are moving slightly, as if she's talking to herself, but you can't make out what she's saying. "Well, if it's this strange weather causing this, it probably would be okay to say I'm going to go check it out..." Reisen says out loud, smiling a little. She makes a half-hearted attempt to conceal her smile. "Strictly out of concern though." she says. "After all, someone has to look into this strange weather!"

"That's the spirit!" you say, cheering her on. You turn from the room and find Hina leaving the rec room, with Nitori in tow, the latter still dressed for bed. She looks you over a bit, looking a little lost in thought.

"She's coming, she'll just get dressed. Is this enough people?" Hina asks.

"Do you think you could get more?" you ask, already sure of where she would go next.

"Quite likely," Hina says. "They're close by, so it wouldn't hurt to ask at least." Nitori squeezes through the doorway and heads to her room. You watch her walk past, and you look at Hina, who you see was also watching her. When Hina notices you, she blushes a little and looks away. "So, are you going to come along with me?"

You recall your encounter with the Moriya shrine the night before, and you're a little wary of what the reaction might be if you show up with Hina. You also remember Komachi, and even though you should be averse to running into her and having her catch onto who you are, you still feel like you should try to find her. You're running out of time, however. Hina can head to the shrine herself and try to gather the shrine folks, and you could see if you can get Komachi and risk being late, or just head straight back.

---
>> No. 62545
God damn, been a while since I wrote that much at once.
>> No. 62552
Wow. The level of happy feelings made by these posts is quite high, this ear to ear grin they've given me is rather nice.

It's also proving to be quite the medicine to any reprecussions of Nobody's actions, Koakuma is getting to play with Patchy and Marisa is getting a chance to take her mind off her loss, Nitori is getting some exercise while playing with Rikako. Characters that Nobody hasn't even worked with are getting something good out of this, save for maybe Sakuya, in particular Meiling.

This snowball fight idea is better idea than ever imagined, it's a pure good situation where even if you loose you win. Let's see Yukari dobut our benevolence now!

[ ] Get Komachi

All the SWR girls need to be there, I'm sure of it.
>> No. 62567
This wall is a triumph.

[x] You get Komachi
[x] Tell Hina to get the Moriya folks

At the very worst we can make a bet over the game. Lose, we come willingly. Win, she continues to look the other way.
>> No. 62573
[x] Get Komachi
[x] Tell Hina to get the Moriya folks

Komachi is going to be looking for the source of this weather herself, so it's reasonable to assume she'll be willing to put off her hunt temporarily to find its root.
>> No. 62585
WALLS WALLS WALLS

[X] Get Komachi
[X] Tell Hina to get the Moriya folks
>> No. 62611
>"Hey, would you be interested in a snowball fight?" you ask, turning to the guard. She looks a little confused, looking up at the sky. There's a rainbow here.

⋒ RAINBOWS ARE AWESOME ⋒

>"And Sakuya..." Remilia trails off, nodding her head. Sakuya nods back, then turns back to the door.

What is Remi indicating here? That Flan is coming?

[x] "No, it's a long-shot, but I've got one more person in mind. If it helps, tell Kanako that the guy who stopped by with the death goddess will be there—she'll know what I'm talking about."
[x] Get Komachi
[x] Tell Hina to get the Moriya folks

No Body's Devil-may-care attitude here is very... Touhou.
>> No. 62713
Hmmm... actually, I would've preferred getting Aya, since we can easily convince her to gather people faster. (Actually, it would've made sense to get her first.)

However, Komachi, if she doesn't reap our ass, still may be a good choice since she might be able to use her distance manipulation to teleport us back into the Netherworld.

Wonder if Yukari is gathering anyone? I could see her getting Reimu and Suika at the very least.
>> No. 62714
>>62713
All Yukari needs is Suika and she has an instant army.
>> No. 62727
>>62714

There's a reason why there's a 'no powers' clause in there... although Suika should be helluva physically strong anyway.

Out of the SWR cast, there's still Reimu (although I think Marisa is probably going to get her), Aya (who might spot us or someone else and decide to follow), then Iku and Tenshi
(Who we'll probably have to confront later... although given Tenshi's reason behind this mess, she might be sorely tempted to come down anyway. Although clashing swords with her sounds like fun...)
>> No. 62749
>>62713
>Hmmm... actually, I would've preferred getting Aya, since we can easily convince her to gather people faster. (Actually, it would've made sense to get her first.)

We did get Aya:
>Along the way, you see Minoriko pass again, heading back down the mountain, with Aya, Momizi, and Keine, of all people, following her.


>Wonder if Yukari is gathering anyone? I could see her getting Reimu and Suika at the very least.

Reimu is likely the person Marisa wanted to talk to before joining the fight.
>> No. 62751
>We did get Aya:

In my defense, I was totally high on drugs at the time.
>> No. 62761
>>62751

feels good man
>> No. 62799
>"Oh? Oh! Oh, sorry about that, I was a little engrossed in my book," she says, coughing slightly and placing the book on the table. "So then, how can I help you?" she asks. You point at Alice, who laughs slightly at Patchouli's confused expression, which turns to slight embarrassment.

Patchy ℳℴℯ

[x] Get Komachi
[x] Tell Hina to get the Moriya folks

I think No Body is a pretty cool guy, eh is already dead and doesn't afraid of anything.
>> No. 62864
[X] Get Komachi
[X] Tell Hina to get the Moriya folks

A little odd to bring it up at this point, but I thought about it a little, and I have a question. We're using the Kusanagi as our weapon, right? It was described as single-edged, so is it a dao? I would have expected a double-edged jian, so I'm curious.
>> No. 62892
>>62864
>>62864
I've seen the Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi be linked to the shape of a Chinese jian, a daisho, and, obviously, a katana. Even the wikipedia article doesn't have a definite picture. The only thing it says is that it is supposedly shaped like a calamus:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_flag

I usually imagine it looked something like this one, myself:
http://www.universalswordsman.com/Swords-SmithPages/kusanagi.jpg

Also, "historians tend to the opinion that the object treasured in Atsuta [Shrine] has to
be an iron sword and as such manufactured during the Kofun period [however] a 'record of actual inspection' during the Edo period described it as a bronze sword."
http://www.freidok.uni-freiburg.de/volltexte/4635/pdf/Naumann_The_kusanagi_sword.pdf, pg 168, paragraph 3
>> No. 62972
updates?
>> No. 63041
[X] Get Komachi
[X] Tell Hina to get the Moriya folks

"Can you go on your own to get them?" you ask. Hina nods.

"Of course, I shouldn't have a problem." she says as Nitori exits the room. Reisen as well leaves the computer room and heads past you, probably on her way off right now. You should get going as well, see if you can find Komachi. You don't know anywhere to look for her other than at the abandoned house she was using the night before, and that's the first place you'll check. You part ways with Hina and Nitori at the door and head down the mountain. It wasn't that far from the mountain if you remember right, and the light makes finding it a little easier. You locate the house easily and fly down to find the door open. A quick scan of the interior reveals that Komachi isn't there. Damn it, this was the only place you could really think you could reliably find her. You decide not to wait around however, it's already getting kind of late, so you turn around to fly away.

"Hey~!" you hear someone call as you fly away, and you turn around to see Komachi in the distan- She's in front of you now then, well... "You looking for me?" she asks, before confusion overtakes her. "Wait, don't I know you?" You're a little put off, not sure what capacity of knowing you she's talking about: fugitive or drinking partner. Before you can cook up an excuse, she smacks herself on the forehead with her palm. "That's right! It's you, from the last night. I thought you were just a dream I was having." Komachi says, scratching the back of her head. "I couldn't remember much of anything when I woke up and I wasn't sure if it was all in my head or not."

"Yeah, that was me," you say, a little relieved. "You were pretty drunk."

"Haha, you'd better believe it!" she says, laughing. "Good to know it wasn't just a figment of my... imagin... oh, then..." she breaks away, her laugh slowly dying, her cheeks turning a light red as she covers her mouth, looking away. She must have made the connection that what she did that night really happened. She recovers quickly, still red in the cheeks, but she smiles through it and starts laughing again. "Well, nothing I can do about that now, can I! Consider it good luck!" she says, floating over to you and patting you on the back

"Right..." you reply, not really wanting to break her mood. "It'll be something I'll remember for a long time." you say, not wanting to pass up a chance to tease her a little.

"Oh come on now! It was just some lips touching-"

"And tounges." you interject.

"Details!" Komachi scoffs. "Anyway, what are you doing looking around here?" she asks.

"I'm gathering as many people as I can for a snowball fight in Hakugyokuro." you say. Komachi looks a little surprised, which gives way to a smile.

"That sounds awesome," she says. "I'd be able to pay you back for teasing me." she adds with a wink. "Face full of snow sounds like a good payback."

"Alright, we need to get back quickly though, since it's starting at sundown." you say, looking over the horizon. From the looks of it, sundown is pretty much now. As you watch the sky however, it changes, and you lookat Komachi instinctually. Her smile gives her away, and you turn to see the large gate into Hakugyokuro. Convenient.

"Quick enough?" Komachi asks, floating up to the door. You're about to stop her when you hear a loud crack that startles you. The large barrier seal that guarded the gate fades away as the massive slab of rock parts, Komachi turning around with a smarmy grin, giving an exaggerated stretch. "Man, so hard~" she says, floating backwards through the opening into the large staircase. You follow her through the opening, and a resounding boom sounds out as the large stone gate slides shut behind you. Before you can say anything, Komachi takes you by the shoulder, and then you're at the top of the staircase. "With time to spare!"

"It must be easy for you to get around," you say as Komachi lets go of you. "It sure would make things a lot easier to be able to get anywhere I'm going without the travel time."

"Well," Komachi says, planting her scythe into the snow and leaning on it. "If you win this, I might be able to tell you how to do that yourself." You'd like that. Being able to move long distances at will would be quite beneficial, and you're not exactly going to turn down a chance to learn how to escape from the very person you're supposed to be running from.

"Sounds good." you say, and Komachi turns and heads off into the grounds with her scythe. You follow along to the garden, when you see Meiling jogging towards you. Both you and Komachi are a little surprised, and Meiling does a double take at the sight of Komachi, but heads past her and stops inf ront of you.

"What did you do?" she asks, sounding a little worried, and confusing you to no end. Did you do something wrong?

"What's wrong?" you ask, not sure how worried you should be about whatever Meiling's concerned with.

"Whatever you did, Miss Remilia brought along little sister because of it." she says, looking over her shoulder as she says it. "She's not supposed to leave the house."

"Little sister?" you say. This is the first you've heard of such a person. "What's wrong with that though?" Meiling looks around again, looking even more worried.

"She can't control her power very well, and she's... not well." Meiling practically whispers. This is starting to sound a little worrisome already, if even because Meiling's concern is bleeding into you.

"And? What's her power?" you ask.

"She can destroy anything, with very little effort." Meiling says. You understand why she's worried now. "She gets frustrated easily as well. The only times she comes out is when she gets bored and wants to see her sister, or when Remilia lets her out to get even."

"Get even? So what, she wants me to be destroyed?" you say, even more bothered now. Meiling looks at the ground, tapping her fingers together.

"Um, probably." she says, looking up at you. She takes you by the shoulders suddenly. "You have to call this off, or find some way to get around this. I was looking forward to this, but if Flandre goes out of control, it could be very dangerous."

"I can't do that," you say, taking Meiling's hands off you. "So many people have gathered here for this, that to cancel it now would be a total waste. I can try to do something about it still, however." you say, taking a breath to calm yourself down a little. "Where is this girl, I want to talk to her."

Meiling's eyes practically bug out of her head. She tries to reply, but only manages to stammer. Komachi finally walks over and interrupts.

"Something wrong?" Komachi says, starting Meiling, who jumps aside with a small yelp.

"Meiling here is afraid that one of the participants brought along someone with the intent of destroying me, and might be a threat to others as well." you say, explaining the situation in short. Komachi looks at Meiling, then back to you, then gives a lopsided smile.

"You have a thing for red heads?" Komachi asks, causing you to feel a slight heat in your face, and Meiling looks at you as well, a little startled.

"It's nothing like that." you say, glancing at Meiling. Is this how Komachi is getting even with you instead? Komachi simply laughs and walks off, leaving you in a slightly awkward situation with Meiling.

"What did she mean?" Meiling asks, making the situation even more uncomfortable. You couldn't exactly explain it without sounding like you were trying to cover something up, so you decide to avoid the entire thing all together with an excuse.

"She was just teasing." you say, walking past Meiling. "Now, where was Remilia's sister?"

"Ah, I can take you to her if you really want to," Meiling says, walking up behind you. "Though that ice fairy Cirno was looking for you a little while ago as well, said she wanted to ask you something."

Cirno was looking for you as well? You're wondering what she wanted now. You probably don't have enough time to see both girls, so you're stuck with having to make a choice.

[] Cirno
[] Flandre
>> No. 63047
[X] Flandre

It's time we become the Big Brother.
>> No. 63049
[x] Flandre

Mr. Dumbass
>> No. 63050
[ ] Flandre
We're dead already, what more can she do? Especially when surrounded by people who can kick her ass. Seriously... Flandre is nothing compared to some of our other guests.
>> No. 63051
>"You have a thing for red heads?"
Who doesn't? Redheads are awesome.

[x] Flandre
in b4 obliteration and the nickname of "Mr. Dumbass."
>> No. 63054
Oh hey, I got enough vote to update while I was still at my computer.

Well, I guess this can only mean one thing...
>> No. 63055
File 122450286796.jpg - (28.72KB , 400x400 , 1205028596489.jpg ) [iqdb]
63055
>>63054
I-I didn't want you to update anyways! Stupid writefag!
>> No. 63056
>>63055

Oh, okay. And here I had a wall for you and everything too. Guess I'll just delete it and go to bed.
>> No. 63057
[x] Flandre

"I think I'll go see Remilia's sister." you say. Meiling hesitates for a few seconds, then walks past you.

"Okay then, I'll stay close by just to be safe though." Meiling says, heading into the garden proper. You follow behind her, and you are a little overwhelmed by the sight. Sure, you knew there were going to be quite a few people, but there are more still. You don't have time to stop now though, as Meiling leads you into the trees. It's not very far you're lead, but it's far enough in a certain direction to be out of sight of everyone else, you see a small blonde girl with strange crystal wings crouching by a tree. Meiling slows down to a stop and turns to you. "Her name is Flandre."

You nod and walk past her, heading towards the girl. She looks smaller than Remilia, considering she's the younger sister that makes sense, but Remilia doesn't look much older than 14. As you come up on her, she shifts slightly, looking back at you. Her wings twitch slightly as she watches you, but she doesn't say anything. You're lost for words too, she only looks like she'd be about 12 years old, and she doesn't look like she could be the dangerous person she was made out to be.

"Hello, Flandre," you say, breaking the silence. "How are you?"

"You're afraid of me, aren't you?" she says, turning back to whatever it was she was doing at the base of the tree. You're a little put off by the question. Well, it was somewhat true, you were a little cautious, considering what you've heard about her.

"Why would I be afraid?" you ask, pretending that you didn't know anything.

"You know why Remilia brought me here, why she ever brings me anywhere..." Flandre says quietly. You take a few more steps towards her, and she turns again, standing up this time. You can see a few small snowmen near the base of the tree as she brushes off loose snow from the hem of her skirt.

"You mean she doesn't take you out to play?" you ask, half continuing your feigned ignorance, and half genuinely interested. Flandre shakes her head.

"She never takes me anywhere unless she wants me to destroy something," Flandre says. "That's why I'm here now..." she says, looking down. "That's why I was born..." she adds quietly. You feel a sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach, but it's not fear, it's pity. There's more to this than an out of control killing machine.

"That can't be the reason-"

"It has to be," Flandre says abruptly, looking up at you. "It's the only thing I can do that makes my sister happy." You take a few steps towards Flandre again, and she takes a few steps away and looks down. "Don't. Remilia would be mad at me if she saw me talking to you at all."

"You don't have to listen to her, Flandre." you say. Flandre shakes her head again, bringing her hands up to the ponytail hanging from the side of her head and playing with it idly.

"I want to do. If I do what she says, she smiles at me." she says, looking up at you again. "Her smiles keep me alive, more than shelter... more than blood." Flandre looks back down at the two snowmen. "You're lucky you're a ghost already, you won't make a mess when you're destroyed. Remilia might not be happy with that..."

"There has to be another-"

Flandre shakes her head, smiling sadly. "Remilia can manipulate Fate. She can't make you die as a ghost, unless you're fated to be destroyed by me. Remilia can always get her way, and she will get it." Flandre says, cupping her hands together for a moment before opening them. A small, pulsing ball of light floats in her hands, and you feel a sudden sense of dread as she looks at you. "This is you, this is all you amount to." Flandre says, holding the ball of light out towards you as if to show it to you. "This is all I need, I just close my hand..." Flandre says, following along with her narration.

"No!" Meiling shouts, running up behind you. "Flandre, no! Don't, please!" Flandre looks at Meiling, startled by the sudden noise, she opens her hand. This is your chance if ever there was one. With a step and a lunge, you close your own hand over the ball of light. A surge of force runs through your arm and you feel an overwhelming burning sensation throughout your entire body, but you don't succumb to pain. Flandre takes a step back in surprise.

"What-" she stammers as you take one more step and clasp your hand on her shoulder. She yelps in surprise and leans into your hand. "What are you-"

"Flandre," you say flatly, cutting her off. "There is always another way, there is always something you can do. Fate, as you think, isn't a defining factor of life. Tell me, have you heard of the escaped ghost recently?" you ask, already sure of the answer. Flandre stares up at you, a little frightened looking, but shakes her head in response. "Do you know what this ghost has been doing?" you ask, also sure of the answer. Flandre shakes her head again. "He's been helping people, getting them through problems they never had the strength or courage to do on their own. You've met Patchouli's friend Alice, haven't you?" you ask. Flandre nods, the fear in her face slowly fading. "I helped them become better friends than they were before. There is another as well, and there will still be more that have to be helped, you can meet them and see how happy they are now. Everyone deserves to be helped. So, let me ask you this," you say, placing your other hand on top of her head as you kneel in front of her. "How can I help you?"

Flandre's lost all fear at this moment, and you can see her eyes start to water up as she brings her hands up to your wrist holding her shoulder. "Please help my sister love me again." Flandre says, blinking the tears from her eyes. You pat her head softly, and Flandre steps forward, burying her face in your chest.

"I'll do my best, I can't do it in one day. That's why I need you to help me by not listening to Remilia." you say, as you feel Flandre shaking a bit. She's crying, but she's not making any noise at the same time. Meiling steps around you, looking at Flandre with a mix of concern and surprise. Flandre moves her face a bit, wiping her tears on your robe before stepping away, rubbing the corner of one of her eyes as she lets go of your wrist. She's smiling again, but this time it's a happy smile.
>> No. 63058
"I'll help you help me," she says, sniffling a bit. "I want to be able to play with my sister like we did before we died." What she said makes you a little uncomfortable, but you do remember that they're supposed to be vampires, so it's not something you can necessarily help. You do feel a little strange though, over considering some kind of connection you have with them, being technically undead yourself. You smile back at Flandre and take your hands off her.

"You leave it to me. I'm not someone that can be easily pushed around. Remilia might be able to control Fate, but I fell outside of something like that when I died," you say, remembering your status as 'collateral damage'. You shouldn't be dead. "I can't be controlled by some silly power. If Remilia wants me destroyed, she'll have to do it herself." You give Flandre a reassured smile, and she keeps smiling back at you. You stand back up and brush the snow off your knees. You see Meiling looking at you with amazement, and Flandre turns around to face her.

"Thank you for warning him about me, Meiling," she says, causing Meiling to jump slightly. "You're a dependable girl." Flandre turns back halfway and looks at you. "I'm going to go back to everyone else. It's been so long since I've been out, and there are so many people I still haven't met, I'm going to make the most of it while I can and try to make new friends." With that, Flandre takes a few steps and flies off, passing through the trees. After a few seconds have passed, Meiling runs up and practically tackles you.

"That was incredible!" she cheers, swinging side to side slightly. She pulls back and unhooks her arms from behind your back, holding her closed fists together over her chest. "I've never been so moved! You stood up to Remilia and Flandre in the same day! I'm impressed and... well..." Meiling fades away, turning a little red as she brushes her bangs aside slightly. "I'd say a little attracted as well. Courage and righteousness are important to good men. Ah!" Meiling cries, tapping the sides of her head. "I shouldn't be talking about such things though, I'd probably just be a distraction. Still! I'll help you in any way I can if you can make Remilia accept little Flan."

You smile at Meiling. She seems pretty excitable, and pretty cute as well. "I'll look forward to your help then," you say with a nod. "We should get back to the others now though, or else Komachi will come up with something more to say to embarrass us."

"Yes, let's," Meiling says, floating out of the snow. "I'll go ahead first and find Remilia." Meiling gives you a salute as she flies off, and shortly after she leaves, you head back as well. When you get back, you see even more people have appeared, and you're a little surprised at the number of new faces as well. You wonder who went about getting these new people, and your curiosity is eating at you. From the looks of things, everyone is congregated into a large, loose group in front of the mansion, all talking excitedly. You could probably get away for a second if you found Cirno and find out what she wanted, or you could try to meet as many of the new comers as possible before the game begins.

---
>> No. 63061
File 122450440339.jpg - (30.41KB , 400x400 , 1205419482818.jpg ) [iqdb]
63061
Hooray, updates before I gb2/bed/!
>> No. 63062
>>I'd say a little attracted as well.

Don't tempt me with Meiling EZ. The whole path to enlightenment thing will be MUCH harder with Meiling involved.
>> No. 63064
>>63062

:>
>> No. 63065
>>63062
Frankly with the amount of sheer boobage surrounding us now, i'm pretty certain the only enlightenment we're capable of is the kind that comes through masses and masses of sexual gratification.

Anyway... Lets go see Cirno, we can always meet new people when we pour snow down the back of their shirts after all.

[ ] Go see Cirno
>> No. 63068
[x] Go see Cirno
>> No. 63069
[ ] Go see Cirno

She asked first.
>> No. 63070
[X] Go see Cirno
>> No. 63073
A third update in a manner of hours? It's like Anon is actually voting while I'm at my PC and ready to write!
>> No. 63074
[x] Look for Cirno

We can introduce ourselves to the others on the battlefield.
>> No. 63075
>>63073

hooray!
>> No. 63087
[x] Go see Cirno

You should see if you can find Cirno now. She had been looking for you after all, you should at least see her before the game starts. You take a moment to scan the crowd, to see if you can spot her. You don't, however, and you settle for the next best thing: Finding someone that might know where she was, which widens your search a bit. It doesn't take you long to find Lyrica with her sisters.

"Have you seen Cirno?" you ask her, floating down.

"Ah, yeah, she was looking around for you earlier," she replies. "Kept buzzing around the mansion and getting antsy.

"Do you know where she is?"

"Hmm, last I saw her she was flying around the interior garden. Try there?" Lyrica says before being dragged back into a conversation with a pair of girls with similar hats. Twins in black and white? Wonder what their story is. Not wasting time though, you head to the interior garden. Sure enough, Cirno is there, sitting on the porch watching the ice statue. She turns at the sond of your approach.

"Ah, you did come back!" she says happily, jumping up from her seat. "We're having a snowball fight!"

"Yes, I know, I'm the one that instigated it," you say, giving her a thumbs up. "It was my idea." Cirno brightens up at the sound of that.

"Seriously!? You're pretty awesome for a dead guy!" Cirno says. "I wanted you to meet someone though," she goes on to say, turning backt o the statue. "Just wait right there."

Cirno walks towards the statue and steps up to it. She looks like she reaches down the front of her shirt for something, and then steps into the statue's arms. Nothing happens for a few seconds, until the statue looks like it's beginning to fog up. Te figure goes from mostly transparent crystalline ice to a cloudy, white appearance in several seconds, Cirno's wings buzzing gently all the while. Colours start to emerge in the ice, a blue colour. The ice cracks and begins falling away, revealing a woman inside the statue, standing in the same position. What's left of the ice begins to fade away as the woman fades in from the statue, flakes of ice and small chunks falling away as she appears. After a few seconds, she opens her eyes and looks down at Cirno.

"Welcome back Letty!" Cirno cheers, and the woman smiles at her and rubs her head as she gives into a yawn.

"It's still early Cirno," she says, before looking around at the snow with a soft smile. "Did you do this for me?"

"It happened on it's own!" Cirno says, stepping back as the woman, Letty, lets go of her. "All sorts of crazy stuff with the weather has been happening, and here it's snowing!" Letty looks around a bit more and sees you. She doesn't break her expression, and looks back at Cirno.

"Where is 'here' anyway? I'm not familiar with these surroundings."

"It's called Haku... Hako...? Hakyugokuyo?" Cirno stumbles over herself. You can't help but smile at it, just as she tripped over the pronunciation of Antarctica.

"Hakugyokuro." you say, stepping off the porch into the snow and walking towards the two. "It's the Netherworld."

"Yeah, that. Anyway! There's so much-" Cirno starts up again, but Letty places a finger on her lips and Cirno shuts up immediately.

"Slow down Cirno, we'll have plenty of time to talk. I'm awake now, the least I could do is stay with you for a while and have some fun." Letty says, looking back up at your briefly. "Right now, I think this man has something to say." Cirno looks back as well, and turns around.

"Right, since you're here, I was wondering if you'd like to take part in a snowball fight." you say. You've gotten a little used to saying that, you feel. Letty looks surprised for a second, then smiles.

"That sounds like a good thing to wake up to actually, when do we start?" she asks, sounding excited herself. Cirno looks even more excited, there's definitely no doubt that there's some kind of connection between the two. That's when you notice a small pendant around Cirno's neck, a small crystal of some sort attached to a thin silver chain.

"We start immediately, I'd believe." you say, looking up at the sky. Letty looks up as well, and thought you know she has to notice the red sky, she doesn't say anything about it. "Game is to start at sundown."

"That is imminent isn't it," Letty says. "We should hurry and start getting ready then."

"Then, let's head back up front with everyone else." you say, heading back to the mansion. When you reach the front of the house, Cirno and Letty pass by you and join the rest of the girls, and that's when it really hits you that you are the only man in sight. You're not sure if that's a sign of being incredibly lucky, or an incredible coincidence. In any case, you can't help but smile at that fact. Your feeling self-important in interrupted by a pair of kimono clad arms sliding over your shoulders.

"It's time to play~" Yuyuko says from directly behind you. "Let's get started!"

"In a moment," you hear Yukari say, before she steps into view. "There's one little matter I wish to discuss." she says, looking directly at you. "The use of powers should be allowed."

You blink at her request. No doubt she wants to ensure her own victory by using whatever impossible powers she has, but the thought occurs to you that even if she could use her powers, and you still won, it would look even better. A grin crosses your face.

"I'm sure you're creating your own justification for agreeing," Yukari says, smiling knowingly. "The fact of the matter is though, that there are several ones here that would use their powers even if forbidden, and no one could really stop them from doing such. Allowing all powers would make it much more even and the cheaters would no longer have an edge over the others."

Now that she says it, that is a fairly good point. You don't know everyone here, but you can't say for sure that you know that no one would try to cheat. Truth be told, you would expect Yukari of all people to be at the forefront of huge cheaters. For her to suggest something like this though, she must actually be concerned with the fair balance of things. Even in a challenge against her she seeks balance, that's pretty respectable.

"I agree to that." you say.
>> No. 63088
"Then announce the start and we'll split into teams." Yukari says, walking off into the crowd. An announcement, you should have realized you'd be doing such a thing and thought of something to say before, and now you're sweating it a little bit. You also shouldn't mention that this came from a personal challenge, since that might cheapen the experience for some. No time to worry now though, it's go time.

"Welcome, everyone. I'm sure a few of you know me, but there are some that might not. You can call me 'Kenshiro', I'm a special, temporary guest here in Hakugyokuro, and I'm the instigator of this event that's about to begin. This idea sparked earlier today, and I sought about collecting as many players as possible. With all the strange weather happening, I thought that perhaps something like this to ease the mood a little would be a good way to make use of it. This is an all out snow battle between two sides, My team, representing Yuyuko and Yukari's team. Any powers you possess are free to be used. If you have any predisposition to a side, choose now, or be randomly selected."

A murmur breaks out among everyone as you walk to one end of the group, while Yukari heads to the other. Yuyuko followed you to your side, and soon after, Hina and Alice show up.

"I'm joining your team." Alice says, stepping up next to you.

"Same for me." Hina says with a smile. You look across to Yukari's group. She has Ran and Chen, and you also see a woman with a long silver braid and Remilia talking to her. Remilia turns and locks eyes with you, giving you a sinister grin, though that quickly fades when a familiar blonde steps in front of you.

"I'm joining you." Flandre says, smiling up at you. She turks and caches sight of Remilia, sticking out her tounge at her. Everyone greets Flandre, but only Alice looks at you with a little worry. You nod to her though. Meiling isn't too far behind Flandre, and you can see Remilia looking even more irritated as Patchouli comes along, struggling thorugh the crowd to stand by Alice. You can't help your condescending grin at Remilia at the fact you have more of her 'group' on your side. Nitori also joins up, flying in over the group of people.

"I can't believe there are so many people here." Youmu complains as she squeezes thorugh the crowd.

"You joining this team?" Yuyuko asks. Youmu gives Yuyuko a disbelieving gaze and steps up to the group.

"Of course I am." Youmu replies.

After a few seconds of the girls shifting around, you notice several joining Yukari, one of them you recognize as Reisen, who greets both the silver haired braided woman, and another younger girl with black hair in a kimono.

"I'm getting in here with you guys." a woman says, walking up to you. She's fairly tall, long white hair with what looks like papre charms tied into it, and pants, of all things.

"Oh, it's you, that immortal girl!" Yuyuko says. "Mokou was it?"

"That's right," she says. "And I'm sure you understand why I'm over here and not over there." Yuyuko nods, and Mokou joins your ranks. Anotehr girl comes over as well, a young girl with rabbit ears.

"Mokou~ I'm going to play on your side." she says, joining the group.

"Going to stick it to Kaguya too?" Mokou asks. The girl laughs, and shakes her head.

"I'm after Reisen!" she says.

With that final addition, it seems that the two sides have stopped growing. The rest of the present participants remain in a noisy group between the two teams.

"Anyone left over is going to be divided randomly now." you call out, catching everyone's attention.

"You can take first pick." you hear Yukari say. Guess that leaves it up to you to start choosing.

Choose 13 numbers between 1 and 26.
>> No. 63090
>Choose 13 numbers between 1 and 26.

Random was never my thing. [X] All odd numbers.
>> No. 63092
2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23
Prime numbers

1, 4, 9, 16
Perfect Squares

There's no way this can lose!
>> No. 63093
Choose 13 numbers between 1 and 26.

[❄] 1-8
[❄] ➈
[❄] 10-13
>> No. 63106
>>Choose 13 numbers between 1 and 26.
Just how many people do we have here?
1 2 3 5 7 11 13 17 19 21 23--uh, 8 and 26.
>> No. 63119
2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23
Prime numbers

1, 4, 9, 16
Perfect Squares

This guy sounds like he knows what he's doing.
>> No. 63134
Ah hell, I just remembered I forgot someone, total is 49 now, and the numbers are 1-27.
>> No. 63139
2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23
Prime numbers

1, 4, 9, 16
Perfect Squares
>> No. 63140
Powers, huh. Interesting can of worms here.

As a ghost, we can turn immaterial, which means that we get an interesting way to dodge, although it could also make it so something aimed at us hits one of our allies.

We can also try possessing things. Is there a tree over the other team? Try possessing it and shaking the snow loose. We might also try possessing the snow itself, depending on how much control we have over it. As a literal snow man, not only should we be immune to conventional snowballs, but it might actually strengthen us. (We can also attack by running up and stuffing ourselves down people's shirts - which should be good enough for one gag in which we realize that it's a bit TOO initmate that way.) If we can possess snowballs, then we can have ourselves thrown and miss, but still turn around and hit. Or, we can roll around on the ground and turn ourselves into a ghostly snow-wrecking ball thing. Heck, we can try possessing some of the snow on the ground itself, making us like a snowshark thing. ~insert Jaws theme here~

Patchy's use is obvious, she can use water magics to increase our offence and defence. Having some in should give our snow a mass advantage. We should see if we can pull of some combined-arms shit.

Alice's powers could prove to be interesting as well. Besides the obvious micro-armies of dolls she has, she might be able to control little snowmen (or even remote detonate snowballs connected to strings). If it doesn't take too much out of her, have her animate some of them like that doll we did to intercept snowballs thrown at us. Some of her dolls might be able to sneak under the snow and attack the others from behind, or she might manually control some defenses.

Mouku... well, fire shield and that junk.

As for counters against the others...

Well, Yukari should be one of the hardest, considering she can dump snow directly into some... cracks. We need some counters here.

If Suika's around, she may or may not be on our team. If she tries to use a big snowball against us, I suggest possessing it and making it explode in her face or using someone (Flandre?) to destroy it. If she goes micro-army on us, maybe counter with Alice's?

Similarly, Komachi can do some interesting things with her switching power, like using it to sneak attack those against her, and then switching out so the victim eats the attacks meant for her. If we're on the receiving end of that, I suggest diving into the snow before the switch is complete.

Reisen would likely try to make us see more snowballs than there really are. Tewi might know what to do in that case.
>> No. 63199
Hold on, I thought of a possible counter to Yukari.

[x] CLENCH

Well, never said it was a good counter.
>> No. 63215
>>63140
>Tewi might know what to do in that case.
Tewi stands around and never gets hit because she's lucky.
>> No. 63227
>>63215

Tewi's so lucky that her chance of being hit in the next second is equal to zero. Always.

Anyway, haven't updated because I ran out of steam and started to get tired. I might not be down and out however, depending on if I can get out of night school early tonight, I might be able to hammer out one more sleep deprived update before I black out.
>> No. 63233
>>63227
>Tewi's so lucky that her chance of being hit in the next second is equal to zero. Always.

Until she gets curse-bombed by Hina of course.

>I might be able to hammer out one more sleep deprived update before I black out.

Hooray!
>> No. 63251
>>63233

>Until she gets curse-bombed by Hina of course.

NO HINA, DON'T DO THAT

YOU'LL CREATE A TIME PARADOX
>> No. 63253
>Until she gets curse-bombed by Hina of course.

Tewi and Hina are both on our side. Which should make for some good luck hax, we can take risks.

I'm thinking now on possible ways to counter Fate and Time hax though, which probably depends on how they work.

Depending on how Fate goes, would it be possible to work around it by fulfilling the 'letter' of Fate, rather than the 'spirit'? For instance, if you're 'fated' to be hit by a snowball, could you fulfill fate by just getting nicked by it? Or use the fate to your advantage to try to make it hit the enemy? (Although in our case, we don't have to worry about snow too much...)

Time hax... experience, I guess.

If we go up against Keine? I suppose it depends how fast she can hide history. If she can hide her teams snowballs fast enough and unhide them, that would just be very weird. If she can hide her team, maybe counter with a wide-area snow blast or if they sneak up on your team, wrestling them.
>> No. 63262
>>63233
There are two degrees here: whose power is useful, and who will be willing to use their power. In that respect, Yuyuko is probably as benign as Keine in this fight, the former's power not being useful to the situation, and she is careful about her use of it anyway, and the former because she normally reserves that power.

Tewi already said she wants to focus on the useless bunny - and we could have used that ability to try and counter fate manipulation - and you know Mokou will be targeting the Neet. Patchi and Alice being on our team seems like a set-up for Marisa being on Yukari's team, but since she hasn't been mentioned we can't be sure. Eirin is a wildcard. She is always a wildcard.

Assuming we actually have any control over this mob, the only questions remaining are: whether the "speed fighters" - Komachi (manipulation of distance), Youmu (just raw speed), Sakuya (time/space tricks), and Aya (yup, more speed) - will keep each other busy; and, when we will be blitzed by Remilia or by Yukari's team. Or even how to fight Yukari, Ran, and Chen.

One other question: should we use the Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi or stow it somewhere in the house, especially while Marisa is here?
>> No. 63266
Some awesome Flan development here.
>> No. 63268
>>63262

I thought of the sword as well, although I personally think it would be a bad idea at this time. Besides Marisa, we don't have that much control over it's powers (Friendly Fire much?) and it seems a bit strong to put into a snow fight. (I think there would be too much of a chance of turning the snowfight into a straight up free-for-all brawl.)

Currently running scenarios on the post-fight. Thought goes : Starting with the winner-makes-dessert idea and a double-shift with half of each team going into a hot spring to warm up while the others handle cooking, then switching. (Note that our hero probably would have to wait out the hot spring - unless he's blindfolded which is just amusingly kinky.) (Note 2 - This is just a strange way to make things, since usually you'd want the same cook from beginning to end. This means for the more intricate dishes you'd have to have the start and finishers know each other very way, which would mean that such pairs would be forced to split up for a time. This could actually be a good thing, since it shows trust and forces them to interact with more people?) Cirno and Letty would probably pass on the hot springs, so maybe they can help watch over the food to make sure there isn't too much of a discontinuity on how it's started and finished. (Responbility for Cirno might be interesting.) On top of that, having Flandre create something (I'm thinking... flan.) for her sister (maybe with the help of the other SDM residents) should prove good for her.
>> No. 63274
>On top of that, having Flandre create something (I'm thinking... flan.) for her sister (maybe with the help of the other SDM residents) should prove good for her.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
>> No. 63315
>>63227

So I'm out early, and I'm feeling a little better having spent my entire time in class asleep. Good thing it's only review for the math unit I finished ahead of the class 2 days ago (that's a week, now), or else I might be worried I'm actually missing something.

I feel well enough to write now too.
>> No. 63326
>>63315

Hooray!
>> No. 63342
2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23
Prime numbers

1, 4, 9, 16
Perfect Squares

With the remaining girls left for random choosing, you scan the crowd for the one that stands out the most. That's when your eyes catch on one in particular. A tall, green haired woman in red plaid.

"How about you?" you say, pointing at her. She looks at you and nods, and you can hear murmuring from everywhere as she walks towards your group.

"Good to see you know strong fighters when you see them." she says as she walks up. She gives you a strange grin before she turns to face the other group. Yukari selects one of the blonde twins, the one in black. Your turn then, and you spot Cirno. An ice fairy in a snowball fight? You're surprised that Yukari didn't pick her first, so you point her out. She sems a little reluctant to join though, as she keeps looking back at Letty. After what you assume to be encouragement, Cirno walks over to your team.

"Pick Letty too, okay?" she asks, almost pleading. While Cirno asks this, Yukari picks out Marisa, who hops over to the other team. At this point, you fulfill Cirno's wish and choose Letty, and she walks over with a smile on her face.

"I told you it would work out, Cirno." she says as she draws near. She takes a spot next to Cirno. Yukari picks Suika next, and she floats lazily over to the opposing team. Let's see, who now... You notice the White-dressed blonde girl, and call her over to your side now. You feel a little bad about separating her from the other, though she's smiling as she starts to come over.

"Wow, this team is looking strong already!" she says, looking over everyone. "I'm kind of excited to get to play with everyone!"

"Save that excitement for the game." you hear a girl say. You catch the black dressed twin near the end of the sentence, and the white-dressed one blushes a little. Yukari picks out Rikako, which surprises you. You hadn't noticed she was here, and you wonder who asked her to come a long for her to accept when she didn't respond to you at first offer. Your turn, you choose Merlin, the only Prismriver left that's not on a team.

"You okay on your own?" you hear Yuyuko ask.

"Well, I have gone a little overboard all on my own in the past." she says, sounding a litle embarrassed. Yukari's selection brings her Mystia, and your next turn gives you Daiyousei, which seems to make her a little relieved. Yukari chooses a young blonde girl in a black dress, and she flies over with her arms outstretched. With the thinning group, you spot Ruukoto, standing patiently and watching you. Well, now that you've made eye contact, you choose her, and she walks over.

"Hello again!" she says, walking up and stopping next to Alice.

"You think you're going to be able to keep up with everyone?" Alice asks, sounding a little concerned.

"No problem! I'm running fine right now, something as simple as water won't mess me up too much."

Yukari's selection, she picks out Minoriko, who you see shoot Letty an angry glare. Letty only responds with a gentle wave. Picking through the diminishing crowd, you pick out Sunny Milk, knowing that her ability would be quite useful. Yukari responds in turn by picking Star Sapphire, leaving you Luna Child on your next selection.

"This is kind of bad." Sunny says, her wings twitching. "We won't be able to sneak up on Star."

"Overwhelming firepower?" Luna says. Sunny replies with a hum of acknowledgement as she turns to you.

"We're going to need to take Star out as soon as possible." Sunny says. Even though you're already aware of their powers, having met them as Cirno, you let her explain for herself. You notice Yukari picking another blonde girl in red, someone that Minoriko starts talking to as she gets closer. "She can detect movement at long range, even if me and Luna use our abilities to bend light and mute sound. So long as she's in play, you can't sneak up on their team if they move together."

"That is pretty bad," you say, looking at the few remaining girls. You think you have a way to counter that though. You choose Aya. "I hear she's a fast mover." you say, purposefully loud enough for Aya to hear as she gets closer.

"That's right! Fastest newswoman in Gensokyo. There's probably no one around that can match my speed!" she boasts. You look over at Youmu, who you see smirking. You haven't seen Aya in action yet, but if she can move faster than Youmu, or Komachi, that would be impressive. There's only a few people left, and you pick Reimu, a little surprised that she hadn't been picked by Yukari yet, passed over most recently for Suwako. She looks a little upset as she floats over.

"Figures it would turn out like this," she whines as she lands in front of you. "Stuck between the biggest headache in Gensokyo and the biggest nuisance in Gensokyo in a snowball fight, and picked close to last of all things." Reimu sighs. "I can play too, and I'll show you and everyone else that the Hakurei shrine maiden doesn't just take it easy all the time."

"Welcome to the team then." you say as Reimu floats over the group and takes a position behind everyone. As if in response to your choice, Yukari picks Sanae. One shrine maiden on either side now, and there are so few extra players left. You look over an unfamiliar girl in an elaborate red and black dress, who seems a little preoccupied with a doll. You look at Alice, who you notice glancing at you as well. She must have the same feeling of familiarity with the sight. You catch her attention with a whistle and wave her over.

"I'm picking you for my team." you say. She looks down at the doll in her hands, then back up at you.

"I don't play with humans." she says, placing the doll on top of her head. What's that about?

"Would it matter if I'm a ghost?" you ask, a little unsure of what else you could say.

"Oh, well... I guess that's okay then!" she says, cheering up a little. She floats to one end of the group, and you notices the rabbit eared girl gives her a wide clearance when she passes. Down to the final few people left, a green haired girl in shorts and a cape, and Kanako. You decide to go with the unknown girl, and she floats over, looking a little depressed.

"Almost picked last," she says. "Why doesn't anyone take me seriously." Despite her whining, she seems to be mostly talking to herself, as she doesn't wait for acknowledgement or a response in her rambling. With all the extra girls now separated, you realize with a quick head count that Yukari's team is alrger by one.

"Teams are off by one in Yukari's favour," you say, looking over at Youmu. "Can you balance it out?" you ask her. She nods, and a few seconds later, her large ghost half floats down from the sky and transforms into a double of Youmu. So it's a bit of a workaround, but it's good enough to go with. "Right then, teams are set."

"One last touch," Yukari says, and she waves her fan. Two flags fall from nowhere, a red one and a blue one, the red landing on your side. "Capture the flag. Three hits and you're out, capture the flag twice to automatically win. Sounds like reasonable rules." Yukari says, rather than asking. You nod in agreement and pick up your flag, while Ran picks up Yukari's.

"Right then, let's get going to set up bases." you say, getting ready to turn, several others on both teams also turn to leave.

"Hold on," Yukari says, causing everyone to stop. "Why waste such a perfect opportunity?" With that, she removes one of her gloves and kneels down, scooping up a handful of snow. "We should trade shots at least once first." she says, as several others follow suit, scopping up a handful of snow of their own and packing it down. Seems like the first exchange is going to occur in a line. You gather your own snowball as well, and once everyone has stopped moving, a stillness hangs between both sides, each waiting for the other to throw the first.
>> No. 63343
The first throw comes from Yukari's side, and the air fills with snowballs and coloured lights alike. A myriad of symbols, signs and magic circles appear from everyone as the snowballs collide with them and crumble. With all the snow thrown, everyone takes off at once, moving in loose groups away from each other. Yuyuko flies along side you laughing.

"That was great!" she cheers, rolling over as she flies. "This is going to be fun!"

"It's going to be pretty incredible all right." you say, that presentation of what you can only rationalize as shielding having made quite an impression. They can do things like that, and you should try to find time to learn how to do such things yourself. No doubt a magic shield of some sort would be useful. Right now though, you need to organize and establish a base somewhere within the garden. Being the acting leader, it's your call where to go and how to set up.

---

Teams:

Red Team: 'Kenshiro', Yuyuko, Youmu, Flandre, Meiling, Patchouli, Alice, Hina, Nitori, Tewi, Mokou, Yuka, Cirno, Lily White, Merlin, Ruukoto, Daiyousei, Luna Child, Sunny Milk, Aya, Medicine, Letty, Reimu, Wriggle.

Blue: Yukari, Ran, Chen, Remilia, Eirin, Sakuya, Komachi, Reisen, Kaguya, Lunasa, Lyrica, Lily Black, Marisa, Suika, Rikako, Mystia, Rumia, Star Sapphire, Shizuha, Minoriko, Momizi, Sanae, Kanako, Suwako, Keine.
>> No. 63346
Hmmm... not much new to add besides what I've already vomited up. Having two and a half ghosts might up the ghost hijinks a bit. I'm guessing Patchy and Alice might make for good defenders/sub commanders, Alice's skills in doll manipulation might mean she can keep track of alot of things at once and Patchy probably wants to be in a place that maximizes her giant nerdbrain.

Reimu I think, should use her barriers on our flag as well, otherwise it would be an easy win for Team Gap Demon.

Wriggle might be able to counter Star Sapphire, by directing swarms of bugs diguised as you and Yuyuko - since we can go immaterial at will, it wouldn't look too out of place if the snowballs pass right through us. However, the bugs themselves can get cold.

We're in the interior garden? Does it have flowers? Can they be directed to throw snow, or at least provide distractions? We have Yuka...
>> No. 63347
Hm. Spoke too soon.

Mystia's song might be able to be countered with Luna's ability. Reisen's might be able to be countered with Sunny's, if it's light-based. Might be possible to make both of those powers backfire on Yukari's team if played right. (Although having the fairies counter higher-level Youkai like that... Reisen was still able to sneak up on Star Sapphire in one of the EaLND comics.)

Sanae can summon up miracles that cause wind and rain. Bit of a pain, I think. Hopefully Aya can blow it back with her fan, although that escalates things a bit.

Kanako can 'create sky', as well as summoning wind and rain. Have no idea what the heck it means to 'create sky' though. If it means she can create distance between spots in air (doubtful) then that can mean trouble for our snowballs.

Suwako can 'create earth'. Problem if that means she can make earth barriers at will. Counter with Yuka's power?

Both Komachi and Sakuya can perform what amounts to distance manipulation. This can spell trouble for ranged attacks, but it should affect them as well.

Letty might be able to create areas of non-cold - lucky for us! Have it refreeze just outside of the non-cold area and it also creates another barrier.
>> No. 63349
>"Well, I have gone a little overboard all on my own in the past." she says, sounding a little embarrassed.

ξ・∀・)


[x] Head for the large central cherry blossom. Its tightly woven network of branches will provide good cover from aerial attack, and a wall of snow will already have started building up around its perimeter.

Delegate:
[x] Construction: Patchouli, with her knowledge of historical fortifications, and Nitori, an engineer, will oversee base defenses. Have Cirno, Letty, Patchy and any other others with ice elemental magic freeze the battlements as they're made, and repair them as they fall.
[x] Munitions: Alice should manipulate her dolls to begin stockpiling snowballs. Hina and Medicine should aid her.
[x] Intelligence: Ask Yuyuko if she can use her ghosts to keep an eye on the enemy and alert you to major enemy movements.
[x] Defense: Reimu will lead the defense team. Meiling is the flag guard. Lily white will circle and watch our aerial perimeter. Myon is to retrieve the flag if it is taken. Ruukoto and Daiyousei will assist freely.
[x] Scout: Tewi is the captain. Wriggle Nightbug, Sunny Milk, Luna Child will use their abilities to harry, divert, and spy on the enemy forces, and to pass this information along to the assault team; secondary objective is to "assassinate" Star Sapphire.
[x] Assault: Youmu is the assault leader. Mokou with use her flames to shield others from fire. Flandre will demolish their base. Aya will retrieve their flag. Merlin and Yuka should just try to take out as many of their forces as they can.
>> No. 63350
>>63347
It's actually simple. Rinnosuke in Chapter 14 of Curiosities of Lotus Asia explains:

>>"The gods from those ancient times gave a name for each thing there was in it. And so the orderly world we see today was born. When naming a thing, a new border is created that gives this one thing its own recognition. You could say that the power of naming is the power to bring forth something from nothingness, surely the same power of a god’s. And, given the strength of this power, the things themselves remember those names."

Kanako named the sky.
>> No. 63353
>>63347

You've neglected Momizi's ability to see great distances.

That's a very good ability to have for something like this.
>> No. 63357
Also, I want to point out that if powers are usable, spellcards should also be usable, which means we might get to see some interesting last word dual techs, Aya/Nobody being an obvious one.
>> No. 63372
>Right now though, you need to organize and establish a base somewhere within the garden. Being the acting leader, it's your call where to go and how to set up.

Since it specifies setting up, I think we should only focus on that at this juncture, rather than create an overarching strategy just yet.

[x] Head for the large central cherry blossom. Its tightly woven network of branches will provide good cover from aerial attack, and a wall of snow will already have started building up around its perimeter.
[x] Patchouli, with her knowledge of historical fortifications, and Nitori, an engineer, will oversee base defenses.
[x] Have Cirno, Letty, Patchy and any other others with ice elemental magic freeze the battlements as they're made.
[x] Ask Alice to use her dolls to start stockpiling snowballs.
[x] Ask Reimu if she can set up an anti-magic boundary in the the area immediately surrounding the flag (to prevent teleportation, gaps, invisible attackers, etc.)
[x] Unless anyone has a better idea of what they should be doing at this moment, everyone else should either be defending the perimeter or building walls and trenches.

Wait them out, reduce their numbers, then steamroll them.
>> No. 63395
We should have Hina prepare anti-spinning defenses in case of Ran and Chen.
>> No. 63396
Well, normally I think I'd wait for votes, but I'm pretty sure I can call it now with only two, since it's pretty obvious which direction future votes will take with the current ones.
>> No. 63399
Having Komachi, Sakuya, Yukari, Sunny Milk, Luna Child and a few others in this fight is SURELY going to create some kind of quantum fall out in this area. Residual pockets of space and time where physics won't ever work quite the same way again due to the fabric of the universe being stretched too far too often.

And it will be awesome.

>>63349
I can't out tactics this.

[x] Head for the large central cherry blossom. Its tightly woven network of branches will provide good cover from aerial attack, and a wall of snow will already have started building up around its perimeter.

Delegate:
[x] Construction: Patchouli, with her knowledge of historical fortifications, and Nitori, an engineer, will oversee base defenses. Have Cirno, Letty, Patchy and any other others with ice elemental magic freeze the battlements as they're made, and repair them as they fall.
[x] Munitions: Alice should manipulate her dolls to begin stockpiling snowballs. Hina and Medicine should aid her.
[x] Intelligence: Ask Yuyuko if she can use her ghosts to keep an eye on the enemy and alert you to major enemy movements.
[x] Defense: Reimu will lead the defense team. Meiling is the flag guard. Lily white will circle and watch our aerial perimeter. Myon is to retrieve the flag if it is taken. Ruukoto and Daiyousei will assist freely.
[x] Scout: Tewi is the captain. Wriggle Nightbug, Sunny Milk, Luna Child will use their abilities to harry, divert, and spy on the enemy forces, and to pass this information along to the assault team; secondary objective is to "assassinate" Star Sapphire.
[x] Assault: Youmu is the assault leader. Mokou with use her flames to shield others from fire. Flandre will demolish their base. Aya will retrieve their flag. Merlin and Yuka should just try to take out as many of their forces as they can.
>> No. 63405
I just want to be clear on this: we're proposing we hide within the border that surrounds, within the branches that hang from, the Saigyou Ayakashi?
>> No. 63406
>>63405

Under its branches. Snow will have piled up on the branches of the Saigyou Ayakashi, leaving the base relatively clear with snow piled up outside. The tree will survive anything they can throw at it, and once you freeze the snow solid, you won't have to worry about your ceiling collapsing on you.

Essentially, a prefabricated bunker.
>> No. 63423
>Having Komachi, Sakuya, Yukari, Sunny Milk, Luna Child and a few others in this fight is SURELY going to create some kind of quantum fall out in this area.

>Kaguya
>Reisen

So... an eternally chronologically shifting, infinite plain of illusions where nightmares come true, and anyone lost inside is lost from sight and sound?

Fuck yeah dimensional destabilization.

[x] Head for the large central cherry blossom. Its tightly woven network of branches will provide good cover from aerial attack, and a wall of snow will already have started building up around its perimeter.

Delegate:
[x] Construction: Patchouli, with her knowledge of historical fortifications, and Nitori, an engineer, will oversee base defenses. Have Cirno, Letty, Patchy and any other others with ice elemental magic freeze the battlements as they're made, and repair them as they fall.
[x] Munitions: Alice should manipulate her dolls to begin stockpiling snowballs. Hina and Medicine should aid her.
[x] Intelligence: Ask Yuyuko if she can use her ghosts to keep an eye on the enemy and alert you to major enemy movements.
[x] Defense: Reimu will lead the defense team. Meiling is the flag guard. Lily white will circle and watch our aerial perimeter. Myon is to retrieve the flag if it is taken. Ruukoto and Daiyousei will assist freely.
[x] Scout: Tewi is the captain. Wriggle Nightbug, Sunny Milk, Luna Child will use their abilities to harry, divert, and spy on the enemy forces, and to pass this information along to the assault team; secondary objective is to "assassinate" Star Sapphire.
[x] Assault: Youmu is the assault leader. Mokou with use her flames to shield others from fire. Flandre will demolish their base. Aya will retrieve their flag. Merlin and Yuka should just try to take out as many of their forces as they can.

You spot a large cherry tree some ways away, and start heading towards it. It looks like a good enough spot to set up a base, and it looks like it's roughly in the center of the garden, so it should be easy to get to and from it without getting lost. As you get closer as well, you spot a small ridge of snow that's built up on one side as well. Looks like a pretty good area to defend.

"Alright, let's stop here." you say, swooping down. Most of the group follows you down immediately, with a few stragglers coming along behind everyone else, mostly the new faces. You set down and take a look around. From the ground it looks fairly good as well. There are no other trees close by, leaving a lot of open ground, and the treeline that does exist is rather light, and wouldn't provide very good cover for advancing enemies. With most your team assembled on the ground, you decide to start assigning duties. You turn to your group.

"Patchouli, how do you feel about base construction?" you ask. She tilts her head to the side for a moment.

"Mmm, it's ideal for me, but I only know theory about construction." she says, sounding a little disappointed.

"That's okay," you ay, pointing to Nitori. "You can handle construction details, can't you?"

"I wouldn't be a very good engineer if I didn't!" Nitori says enthusiastically. "Leave it to me! I can build you a wall that could stop aliens!" The rabbit eared girl chuckles a bit at this.

"We might need that actually." she says. Her speaking up reminds you that you should probably take the new girls aside and talk to them for a bit, find out who they are so that you can call them by name and make a more effective team, but you can save that for a little later.

"Cirno and Letty, you seem like snow experts, think you can assist with the building detail?"

"Absolutely!" Cirno cheers.

"Working with a kappa on construction, I feel a little out of my league." Letty says. "Though I'm sure I could provide enough ice for the defenses."

"I can create water." Patchouli says. Nitori nods as well, she also has power to control water, fairly convenient, two people able to create and control water, and two people that can make and control ice.

"This is going to be the strongest base!" Cirno says, fluttering over to the nearby snowdrift. You officially give the four the acknowledgement to begin immediately, and the rest set off to help Cirno, starting from the snowdrift as a base to start the wall from. Right now, you feel like you should take a moment to get to know your new girls, and so you pick out the unfamiliar faces and call them over, heading away from the group a little. The rabbit eared girl, the silver-haired pants wearer, the woman in plaid, the twin in white, the red and black girl and the green-haired girl in the cape. You also bring along Luna and Sunny, since you're technically not supposed to know who they are either.

"I called you all aside for a moment to acquaint myself with all of you. Most of the team I know already, either as friends or acquaintances, but I don't want to be leading a team of strangers, so I want to introduce myself to you and learn who you are." you say. Several of the group nod in response. "You can call me 'Kenshiro'. I'm a temporary resident of Hakugyokuro, here under Yuyuko's watch. I'm a ghost, so my abilities are about what you could expect from a ghost, plus a little bit of combat training. Still, for a snowball fight they should be good enough."

The red-plaid woman bows her head as you finish.

"My name's Yuka Kazami," she says. "I'm a youkai of flowers, though you shouldn't think that I'm weak because of that." she adds with a smile that makes you a little uncomfortable. The blond red-black nods when Yuka talks.

"It's true," she says. "She's really strong! She can break human bones without even trying!" That doesn't comfort you much, and neither does the fact that hardly anyone in the group reacts to such a statement. Here you thought you were used to how things went around here. Yuka pats the blond girl on the shoulder. "Oh! My names Medicine. I'm a poisonous doll. I hate humans!" the girl says. A doll? You look over her for a moment, and you do notice, even just a little, that she has doll joints. An autonomous doll... You might have some more questions for her later on.

"I'm Tewi." the rabbit eared girl says, scratching one of her ears. "I have the power to shoot lasers from my eyes." she says with a straight face.

"Oh? Well, that's..."

"A lie." Tewi says, smiling. "That's my power actually, to lie about anything, especially where the enemy camp isn't, where I don't have traps, and where I haven't seen any enemy team players, if you follow me." she goes on to say. You think you're understanding what she's getting at.

"Wouldn't it be a little risky to be out on your own spying like that though?" you ask.

"It's okay, I'm incredibly lucky. My chances of being hit are essentially zero, and that's not a lie." Tewi says, her ears twitching a little. "I'd like to get going as soon as possible though, if I'm going to get to work doing what I do best I'm going to need all the time I can get. Trust me, you won't want to have to deal with the girl I'm out for."

"Reisen?" you ask, repeating what Tewi said earlier. Tewi nods. "What's wrong with facing her?"

"She's like me, she creates lies. Except my lies come from my mouth, her lies come from your brain." Tewi says. That's rather... unexpected. "But I really want to take her out because she teased me last night and I haven't gotten back at her yet."

"Alright then, I think there might be others that would be good in a scout group." you say, looking over the girls here. Sunny and Luna would be good for their powers, and being invisible and inaudible would be good for spying and setting traps. "How about you two?" you ask, indicating the two fairies.
>> No. 63424
"I'm Sunny Milk, and she's Luna Child." Sunny says, speaking for the both of them. "I think we said already what we can do."

"Bending light and muting sound, wasn't it?" you say. The two fairies nod, and Tewi nods as well.

"Uh, I might be good as a scout as well." the caped girl says. "My name's Wriggle Nightbug. I'm a youkai firefly, and I control bugs. I could use them to get information from a large area."

"Would there be many bugs around here in the netherworld?" you ask, a little unsure. Wriggle, looks around, scratching her head.

"Huh, probably not actuall- Oh!" she stops, and looks like she's thinking about something. A few seconds later, a glowing butterfly drifts through the trees towards her. "There are these, they should be good enough."

"Okay then, the four of you seem like a good scout team. Tewi as lead, Sunny and Luna covering your movements and hiding your presence, and Wriggle can provide the recon services with the butterflies." you say, delegating their roles. None of them complain about their given duties, and after a few seconds, they group together and fly off, vanishing entirely under Sunny's power. Right now, who else is left. The white-dressed twin and the silver-haired girl.

"You are?" you ask, pointing to the blonde.

"Lily White, Sir! Herald of Spring!" she says excitedly, then she recoils a bit, covering her mouth. "Sorry for being so loud, I'm just really excited!"

You smile, she's a pretty cute girl. "Herald of Spring you say? You're fine with the snow, right?"

Lily nods. "I love all seasons, but especially Spring. It's still summer, but there's snow around, so I'm too confused to be upset. Instead, I'm happy I get to see something so strange!" she says, starting to get excitable again.

"Do you have any particular powers?" you ask, a little unsure, since she hasn't specifically stated anything yet. She shakes her head.

"No, sir. I'm a pretty normal fairy. I can make lots of danmaku when I get excited though! It gets on a lot of peoples nerves, but it's okay because danmaku looks pretty!" she says. She already sounds pretty worked up, you wonder how much longer it would take for her to burst at the seams. With her introduction done, there's only one left.

"You're the only one left I don't know." you say.

"Mokou Fujiwara." she says, holding up one hand. Her hand ignites, and then goes out, as easily as she blinks.

"Fire power in a snowball fight?"

"Sometimes things turn out like that," she says with a crooked smile. "It has uses though. I can melt defenses and defenders pretty easily. If it's snow we're talking about, I'm pretty much invincible." Mokou points towards the ground, and you notice that the area around her feet is devoid of snow, as if it all melted away. Indeed, she could probably melt snowballs before they hit her, and having the ability to melt away enemy defenses would be handy.

"Just be careful not to set the trees on fire." you say, looking out over the garden.

"Yeah yeah, I'll be careful." Mokou says, sounding a little annoyed. "I don't want that reporter bird chasing after me for another forest fire anyway."

"Anothe-"

"That's it, I think, isn't it?" Mokou says, cutting you off. "We should get back to business and get started.

"Okay then..." you say, a little worried. You're pretty sure Mokou just cut in like that to keep you from asking questions, and you get the impression that it would be best not to. She seems like she's quick to anger. Everyone begins heading back to the base site, and you're surprised to see that not only has a rather large wall already been constructed around about a quarter of the tree, but there's also two large glassy humanoids participating in the construction. Ice elementals? You're considering heading over when you spot Alice and Hina, sitting on a nearby rock with a pile of snowballs nearby each of them.

"Oh, you two are stockpiling I see." you say, walking over to them. Hina looks up at you, but Alice looks a little focused as her dolls buzz around the area, making snowballs by rolling small clumps of snow around the ground and building them up that way.

"We are," Hina says, holding up the snowball she has in her hands. "Though we're doing it somewhat differently." That's when you notice a faint black mist coming from the snowball in her hands. When you blink, it's gone, and Hina's smiling, a finger over her lips. "You did see it afterall." she says with a small grin. "Our secret~" You smile and nod, that's pretty tricky, cursed snowballs. That gives you another idea.
>> No. 63425
"Medicine?" you call, looking around for the doll girl. She floats over to you, looking down at the other two.

"Hmm, what's this?" she asks, looking at Alice and her dolls. She looks confused by the sight.

"Medicine, you said you were a poison user, right? What can you do with poisons?" you ask. Hina looks at the girl, then at you. Alice still doesn't respond. Guess she's really focusing on her task.

"Mmm, depends. Humans tend to die before anything really happens to them, but when they don't they usually turn weird colours, or get really sick, and sometimes they die anyway. Youkai don't tend to die, but they do get sick. They slow down a lot too." Medicine explains, rather casually for someone talking about death of multiple humans.

"Do you think you could make snowballs that could slow someone down? I don't want to make anyone very sick or die, just make them tired and slow." you say.

"Why don't you want them to die? It'd be easier to win if they weren't alive." Medicine says. Hina's looking a little worried now, and you're starting to feel the same way.

"This is just a game, Medicine, it's to have fun, and if people start getting sick they're not going to have fun. Does anyone here already know you?"

"A few people I saw I remember, some youkai and a few strong humans I didn't kill." Medicine replies.

"And if people started getting sick, you think they'd know it was you?" you ask. Medicine nods, and looks down sadly.

"Probably. They'd beat me up again too."

"So, can you just make them slow down?"

"I guess." Medicine says, still sounding a little disappointed. She reminds you of Yuka somewhat, with her same apparent lack of concern for life. You can pretty much guess that the two of them have some kind of connection, but what connection they had with anyone else that brought them here is still a bit of a mystery, they're definitely two of the more wild youkai you've seen yet. You still have work to do though, so you head off to the rest of the girls, several of whom are standing around near the tree, and a few already in the air flying around.

"Alright, we should start getting split into groups." you say, approaching the cluster of girls. "We've already got some on construction, and we've got a few people on making snowballs. I've also appointed a scout group to set traps and spy on the enemy."

"All so fast!" Yuyuko says from the group. "You're taking this pretty seriously!"

"Maybe a bit too seriously for a game," Reimu says. "This is more like a war."

"Well, that's what it's turned into." you say. "Right now though, I'm thinking we could use some defense. I don't know a lot about what the enemy team can do, but what I do know is that Yukari has some kind of power I don't understand, and I want to be sure we can stop her from doing as she pleases to win without challenge."

Reimu sighs. "Guess I should probably start there." she says. "Yukari is a pretty big nuisance to keep out, but I could probably manage to set up some kind of small scale barrier she couldn't crack."

"I can guard the flag!" Meiling says, squeezing to the front of the group. "I might not be too great at keeping people from going over a gate, but that's only because they can't get to it when I'm on duty." she says proudly.

"Sounds good," you say, looking over the rest of the group. Lily is talking to Daiyousei off to the side, and you call the both of them over. "How would you two feel about helping with base defense?"

"I'm fine with that, I guess." Daiyousei says. "I could teleport to the flag if there's danger." she says.

"That's pretty good, Meiling is going to be guarding the flag though, so you can pop up to help her if she needs it." you say.

"Aha ha, I'll probably need it too with Sakuya and Miss Remilia on the other team." Meiling says scratching her cheek absently.

"And you Lily, think you can keep watch from the air?"

"Absolutely!" she says, flying into the air. "I'll start immediately!"

"I can help defense too," Ruukoto says from the back of the group. "It might be better for me as well too. This place is so big, I'd probably get lost anyway if I left everyone."

"Alright then, who else do we have." you say, looking over the remainders. You recall a few of the girls are in the air already, Merlin, Aya and Youmu, specifically. You call them down to join the rest of the group you haven't assigned. At the forefront is Yuyuko.
>> No. 63426
"Hmm, you know, I can't think of somewhere I could put you, Yuyuko." you say, considering the options. You've already dispatched the scout team, so she probably couldn't catch up to them and help them, and you'd feel kind of guilty if you put her directly into the line of fire.

"You could always put me by your side~" Yuyuko says, floating over to you. Youmu turns a little red and looks away, and the rest of the group snickers among themselves. "After all, the intelligence officer is best to have at the commander's side."

"Intelligence?" you ask. Yuyuko raises a finger, and a small ghost pops out of nowhere.

"These little guys are everywhere around here, there's nowhere you can go where you can escape form them. These and my butterflies, I can see everything that happens. That little scout team of yours is pretty handy too," Yuyuko says with a grin. "It's hard for me to control the ghosts and butterflies so precisely from a great distance, so it's nice to have someone out there making it easier for me." Yuyuko says as the ghost transforms into a caricature of Wriggle, then pops back to it's shapeless form. "I can also do this," she goes on, grabbing the ghost and closing her hands around it. When she opens them, a small badge like object is in her hand, a depiction of a tree engraved onto a golden cherry petal, and she takes a moment to clip it onto your robe. With a snap of her fingers, the same badge appears on everyone else. "Communications are set up, Commander~"

"That's pretty impressive." you say, looking at the little badge.

"Thank you!" Yuyuko says, pressing on the corner of the badge. Her voice comes out of everyone's badge, causing everyone to reply with 'ooh's and 'aah's. There are still positions to assign, though, and you turn to Youmu.

"Can you pull double duty?" you ask her. She nods, but gives you a quizzical look.

"What are you asking?"

"I want you to leave behind Myon for base defense, and you will lead an assault force with the rest of the girls." you say. Youmu nods.

"I can handle that." she says. You look over the rest of the remainders, Merlin, Yuka, Flandre, Mokou and Aya. Pretty good assault group, you'd think.

"The rest of you are also on offense with Youmu. Your abilities are best put to work in attacking anyway, I'd imagine." you say, looking at Yuka in particular. She's giving you that smile again. You also look at Flandre. She's smiling at you as well, but unlike Yuka, her smile doesn't give you the creeps. "You okay with being on the attacking team?" you ask her. Flandre nods.

"I'll be okay. I'm just playing a game, it's okay to wreck a base made of snow." she replies. You smile back at her and nod. You turn your attention to Aya next.

"You and Youmu are the fastest ones on this team I'd imagine, so no doubt the two of you will be good for getting into and out of the enemy base and get their flag." you say. Aya crosses her arms and nods.

"I could get in and out of their base, get their flag, and take an interview with Yukari before anyone could stop me." Aya says rather proudly. You do hope that she's not just exaggerating her abilities.

"I think you're all set then. Hold on until we hear some information about the enemy teams positions, and you can go out and attack." you say. The assault team nods and heads off, talking amongst themselves. You notice now that the base wall is a little more than half completed. They work pretty fast, and you realize why when you see Cirno creating snow from a mist produed by both Patchouli and Nitori, with Letty packing it down and freezing it over as it builds.

"So then, commander, with everyone assigned, what are you going to do?" Yuyuko asks. Actually, that's a pretty good question. You were busy thinking of everyone else, you didn't think of what you were going to do yourself. What are you going to do now?

---

That's some kind of wall, there.
>> No. 63431
Some in-depth thoughts about the assault team:

>We're in the interior garden? Does it have flowers? Can they be directed to throw snow, or at least provide distractions? We have Yuka...

Well, we are surrounded by a garden of flowering cherry trees. I'm sure Youmu as gardener and heading the assault team would be able to make suggestions to Yuka about manipulating the garden flora. If her powers extend that far, she'd be able to not only build catapults, but thicken the undergrowth in the surrounding Cherry tree forest around the perimeter, as well as manipulate trees branches to simply drop snow on others' heads.

Youmu makes most sense as captain. Not only does she know the layout of the grounds like the back of her hand, she's also extremely observant and fast, and hence good a both dodging and deflecting incoming fire with her blades. Her speed allows her to quickly take out targets of opportunity and retreat before she's overwhelmed. She's also among the most level-headed, motivated, and militaristic of our troops, and heading the assault squad allows her to rightly feel as if she's Yuyu's champion. Using her immense speed, she can cut down snow-filled trees right on top of dug-in enemies. Most importantly, the telepathic connection between her an Myon will allow direct communication between the defense team and the assault team.

During the initial attack, Mokou will put up a flame barrier to protect Flandre while she uses her powers to destroy the enemy base and remove their cover without focusing too much on their defenders.

Once a breech is made, Mokou flies in with FLAME ON maximum, steals the flag, passes it off to Aya. Yuka and Merlin engage the defenders directly. Mokou then retreats and uses her fire to block as many snowballs from hitting Aya as possible, while Aya uses her fan to deflect snowballs and pursuers with her wind fan.

Yuka's most important tool is her umbrella, which she can us to deflect any projectile (snowball or danmaku), as well as instantaneously splitting to confuse the foes and perform a dual spark. With her super strength she can grapple and throw many of her enemies into embankments or each other.

Merlin will be the support bard and secret weapon. She can use her mind-affecting trumpeting skills to whip the assault team up into a frenzy, as well as to signal when the attack has started. But when she's hit once or twice, taunted, or surrounded, then love is over and she becomes the berserker-packing, psy-blade toting whirlwind of destruction we know and love.

The chaos those two produce should provide a suitable distraction while Aya speeds away with the flag, Mokou intercepting their flag retrievers, and if necessary passing the flag off to Youmu, who can dash through the cover of the cherry tree forest, protected from snowballs and Aya's fan.

Of course relying too much on mircomanagment would be disastrous, which is the squad captains should be selected wisely, so we can trust them to adapt to changing conditions.
>> No. 63436
File 122461046073.png - (184.51KB , 501x377 , merupo.png ) [iqdb]
63436
>But when she's hit once or twice, taunted, or surrounded, then love is over and she becomes the berserker-packing, psy-blade toting whirlwind of destruction we know and love.
>> No. 63447
>"So then, commander, with everyone assigned, what are you going to do?" Yuyuko asks. Actually, that's a pretty good question. You were busy thinking of everyone else, you didn't think of what you were going to do yourself. What are you going to do now?

[x] "I'm going to be the spy. When they come to attack and we beat them back, I'll possess one of them. With luck, I'll be able to bluff my way through their defenses and take the flag."
>> No. 63448
>>63447

What'll happen if we do this and can't exit them afterwards?
>> No. 63451
>But when she's hit once or twice, taunted, or surrounded, then love is over and she becomes the berserker-packing, psy-blade toting whirlwind of destruction we know and love.
ξ・∀・)
>> No. 63516
[x] Play "Jaws" with them, going through the ground invisible and attacking when they least expect it.

I'm a bit ambivalent about possessing people just to win a snowfight, since it might tick some them off to be used like that. (Considering how we justified to Yukari what we were doing just a little bit back, possessing others just to make their bodies turn on their allies just seems like a big no-no.)

That, and if we wanted to go for pure power, we should've used the sword.
>> No. 63517
Not to mention that we might be able to use it in a more pitched battle later (Well, straight-out possession would still be stronger, but probably shouldn't be our only option.) AND you can chalk it up to being a more advanced form of the prank Yuyuko taught you to use against Mystia yesterday - so more points there!
>> No. 63518
>>63516
>(Considering how we justified to Yukari what we were doing just a little bit back, possessing others just to make their bodies turn on their allies just seems like a big no-no.)

There is a lot more riding on this than you think. More than a game, this is essentially No Body's débutant ball. A strong showing here--a win against Yukari Yakumo (!)--will cement his future as an important personality in Gensokyo. If he's forced to possess one Touhou temporarily so that he may bring joy to many more in the future, then that is a price he must continue to be willing to pay, a willingness he has shown consistently in the past.

Maybe a better idea though would be to find and fight Marisa, and "run away" once you start getting hit, leaving the sword behind. In reality, you've just turned yourself invisible and possessed the sword, which Marisa then recognizes and takes with. Then you just have to wait for the right opportunity, and you won't even have to worry about properly impersonating someone.
>> No. 63519
It's like all the voting I had yesterday never happened.

Where did all the voters go? I want to update four times in a day again...
>> No. 63522
[x] Get a location on Marisa from the scouting team and ask Reimu and Alice what the best way to rile her up is. You're going to set up a trap, one that you hope will deliver you right into the heart of the enemy forces.

Don't bother attempting to possess her if you're in the process of fighting; your sync ratio will be zero or less. What you want to do is make a show of having stolen her sword and proceed to really piss her off, to the point where she's willing to ignore her orders and come after you.

Then you challenge her to a one-on-one danmaku duel, and when you appear to leave in a huff after losing, you'll instead move to possess the sword.
>> No. 63524
>>63522

Personally, I think that sort of thing should be saved for when we have to capture their flag a second time. We do have to capture it twice, or maybe knock them all out to win. Such a trick should really only work once.
>> No. 63525
>>63522
Let's not go and make three difficult adversaries who focus on us in this battle, okay? Yukari and Remilia, separately or together, will be hard enough.

Besides, we've already heard from Yukari that she's gone rather tense over having lost the sword, so much that she doesn't even realize her front door doesn't lock correctly anymore. While we can't entirely trust Yukari, we shouldn't just outright dismiss the possibility.

Or be, you know, intentionally cruel.

A much better trick would be to just turn invisible, hover around low to the ground, and stay within range to throw, out of range to be sighted, and avoid the attention of Momiji as much as possible. Does/can the sword turn invisible with us? That might allow us to moderately use it without drawing attention to its use. Wall of Snow barrage.

[x] For now: assist with the stockpiling and construction until scout team returns or ambush
[x] During the battle: use invisibility and hovering to cause distractions
>> No. 63526
>>63524
>Personally, I think that sort of thing should be saved for when we have to capture their flag a second time. We do have to capture it twice, or maybe knock them all out to win. Such a trick should really only work once.

You're waiting for the second time we capture their flag when there may not even be a first?
>> No. 63528
>>63524

You're going to wait for the second time... when there may not even be a first?
>> No. 63529
One thing to note is, the challenge and the game is specifically set up so that we can come out ahead even if we lose. Yes, victory is better, but defeat isn't the end of the world - there are multiple ways to recover from it.

That being said, there are ways of winning that are better. If we lessen our chances of winning by supporting the weaker members of our team at our own risk, they're going to praise you come dinner even if it causes your team to lose. Remember, we still have Iku and Tenshi to beat up if we're worried about our perceived masculinity. And there are even more ways to lose even if it gives us victory. Showing off to everyone that we can possess people freely, will use to our advantage at the cost of our host's, and making the rest of our team feel like expendable grunts...

Damnit, I hope I don't end up multi-posting this...
>> No. 63531
What defense do we have against Suika? She's basically a machine-gun with 50 foot snowballs as ammo, plus her power to turn into mist.
>> No. 63534
>>63516 here.

It's what, four votes and all different? In hopes that I'll have something to read when I wake up tomorrow, I'll change mine to this :

[x] For now: assist with the stockpiling and construction until scout team returns or ambush
[x] During the battle: use invisibility and hovering to cause distractions
[x] If you need more firepower, play "Jaws" with them, going through the ground invisible and attacking when they least expect it.

Closest thing in tactics and reasoning to mine. While I like the idea of playing shark, it can be reserved for when we need stronger distractions.
>> No. 63535
>>63531
Kenshiro: (yelling) Okay, Yukari!! Let's begin!!
Alice: Why did it suddenly get dark?
Lily: Oh wow~!~ Just look at the size of that snowball coming this--!
And it takes the rest of the summer for Kenshiro to dig out the Saigyou Ayakashi.

Uhm, Reimu's O-fuda are typically used on Suika in doujins to some affect. Easier said than done.
>> No. 63538
>>63516 here.

It's what, four votes and all different? In hopes that I'll have something to read when I wake up tomorrow, I'll change mine to this :

[x] For now: assist with the stockpiling and construction until scout team returns or ambush
[x] During the battle: use invisibility and hovering to cause distractions
[x] If you need more firepower, play "Jaws" with them, going through the ground invisible and attacking when they least expect it.

Closest thing in tactics and reasoning to mine. While I like the idea of playing shark, it can be reserved for when we need stronger distractions.
>> No. 63548
>>63535

Good thing Suika, as an oni, prides herself on giving her opponents a fair chance.
>> No. 63564
>>63535

Kenshiro: (yelling) Okay, Yukari!! Let's begin!!
Alice: Why did it suddenly get dark?
Lily: Oh wow~!~ Just look at the size of that snowball coming this--!
Reimu: Giga...
Reimu: Miko...
Reimu: BARRIEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR-

Uh, I mean...

Cool story bro.
>> No. 63565
Also, I require more votespene gas. Of course, I could always go with the vote that currently only has two. Something gives me the feeling I'm going to need to come to rely on doing that.
>> No. 63570
[x] Get a location on Marisa from the scouting team and ask Reimu and Alice what the best way to rile her up is. You're going to set up a trap, one that you hope will deliver you right into the heart of the enemy forces.

Meh. I just want to snap Marisa out of the funk she's been in, maybe allowing her to let out some of that frustration. You need to befriend her eventually to complete Alice's route (by casting the doll animation spell), and she's the kind of person who responds well to challenges and rivalry.

Also you people who are trying to abuse incorporeality and invisibility here: Won't work as long as you have that sword strapped to your back, and ditching it somewhere right now is just asking for it to be stolen.
>> No. 63572
[x] For now: assist with the stockpiling and construction until scout team returns or ambush
[x] During the battle: use invisibility and hovering to cause distractions
[x] If you need more firepower, play "Jaws" with them, going through the ground invisible and attacking when they least expect it.
>> No. 63581
[x] For now: assist with the stockpiling and construction until scout team returns or ambush
[x] During the battle: use invisibility and hovering to cause distractions
[x] If you need more firepower, play "Jaws" with them, going through the ground invisible and attacking when they least expect it.
>> No. 63593
[ ]Pull Daiyousei from the defense team
[ ] Take her to the offense team
[ ] Start checking out enemy posistions and fortifications
[ ]Use the scout team to track the enemy raiders
[ ] Head for the enemy base with the offense team and await further instruction


Fog of war is still on, we need to know where everything and everyone is. The Saigyou Ayakashi is central (what were you thinking?) so they can attack from any direction, but we can at least get an idea of which direction their base is and their most likely attack route.

Once we have an idea of how the enemy is defending their objective we can make our first raid, I say we take Daiyousei as she can pop in and out of any fortification with minimum risk then hand over the flag to Youmu\Aya for our first point. After that tactics can be changed on the fly.


Also as a later consideration, we use Flandre to take the flag and she splits into four to scatter pursuit as they try to work out which has the flag.
>> No. 63598
>>63593

The last suggestion I think suffers from much of the same things I've proposed for the others - requires out of character knowledge for us.

That being said, it just gave me the delicious idea of actually tying the flag to one of her wing shards as a disguise. (Probably wouldn't work too well, but it's funny to imagine.) Maybe if we do that, Flandre would come up with the splitting idea on her own.
>> No. 63605
>>63593

We appointed team leaders for a reason, here. Delegating these tasks so we wouldn't be bogging down the update speed by obsessively micromanaging everything.

Trust in EZMode's ability to competently elaborate on your choice and just answer Yuyu's goddamn question so we can move on. Please.
>> No. 63617
Capture the Flan. Amusement.
>> No. 63650
[x] For now: assist with the stockpiling and construction until scout team returns or ambush
[x] During the battle: use invisibility and hovering to cause distractions
[x] If you need more firepower, play "Jaws" with them, going through the ground invisible and attacking when they least expect it.

You think for a moment, not really sure of what role you should fill. You could play the same as everyone else, but running off and getting yourself attacked would inevitably lead to your defeat, and leave your team without a leader. Well, that's not entirely true, they'll still have Yuyuko. Right now though, you still don't even know where there are enemy team players, and running around blind doesn't sound like a good idea.

"For now at least, I'm going to help with base supplies and construction," you say, looking back at the three girls working on making snowballs. As expected, Alice and her team of dolls has managed to create a significant number of normal snowballs, with Hina having more then Medicine. "During the battles, I can take advantage of being a ghost to move around unseen and distract other players. I could also hide under the snow and fade out, playing hit and run tactics."

"Ooh, sounds like fun!" Yuyuko says bouncing slightly. "Sounds like a good way to scare some people too, I hope you don't mind if I go with you." You can't exactly say no, since it is a game, and it is a relatively safe plan, as you think. You nod to Yuyuko.

"I'd be glad to have you along in that case." you say. Yuyuko smiles at the sound of that.

"Pretty interesting plan there," Komachi says, leaning on your shoulder. "I don't think I'd have expected it if I hadn't heard it myself." You jump aside in surprise, and Yuyuko floats back a little too, laughing. You make a move to grab some snow, and Komachi's scythe stops you. "Hey hey! Hold on, I'm not here to make trouble yet!" she says, sweeping her scythe back to her side. "I just happened to find your base by accident and thought I'd come over to see what's up. Yukari's given orders not to attack until... well, I can't tell you that part actually." she says, scratching her head and giving you an apologetic smile. "Don't want to be a traitor to my team, y'know." You hear a cry from someone behind you, and a snowball sails over your shoulder and just barely misses Komachi. She draws back her scythe, and cuts a second snowball out of the air, causing you to jump aside form the swing. "Ah damn, busted. Catch you around!" she says, and then she's gone.

"So, Yukari has a plan it seems." you say, looking at Yuyuko. Alice walks up shortly after.

"What was she doing here?" Alice asks, two dolls following her carrying snowballs.

"Just looking around it seems," you say. "Yukari has a cease fire order of some sort."

"She's probably setting up some kind of trap tactic." Yuyuko says, floating over. "Given the people she has, she could probably do a number of things as well. I couldn't help but notice how the teams played out to give Yukari a defensive advantage." Seems Yuyuko not only has a fair idea of what's going on, but she also seems to know a bit more about Yukari's team. Suitable for the intelligence officer, afterall, and you wonder how much she could tell you.

"Can you give me a rundown of what Yukari's team can do?" you ask. Yuyuko smiles.

"I thought you'd never ask~" she says, floating towards the base. "Come with me." You follow along, and Alice comes along as well. You're lead back to the base, and a large rock next to the tree, within the perimeter of the walls being built. Yuyuko motions to it and you sit down. Alice sits on the rock as well, but goes back to making snowballs, though not with the same concentration she had before. You join in as well, though you're more interested in hearing what Yuyuko has to say.

"Alright, time for Yuyuko's Snowball War Report! This is Yukari's team's abilities!" she says dramatically before clearing her throat. "Starting with Yukari. She is the most powerful defensive player and offensive player in the game. With her manipulation of boundaries, she can make reality her plaything, and she tends to travel via gaps she can create, as well as pull objects through, from signs to graves, and even whole trains. She could easily gap thrown snowballs back at other players." Yuyuko says, starting off. Already you're regretting the agreement to use powers. No wonder Yukari suggested it, god damn. That probably explains what she did back in the living room.

"Next up would be the shikigami Ran and her shikigami Chen. Ran is a rather simple girl, and she's better at straight forward combat. She might not have any interesting powers or incredible speed, but she can hit hard and take a lot of punishment. Of course, with only three hits to an out, that doesn't matter so much, but don't expect to hit her easily. Chen, even though she's at the bottom of the rung when it comes to the Yakumos, is the fastest physically, and can easily disorient and confuse people with her high speed tricks and magic attacks." You notice Alice looking over, and you turn your head to her.

"I've seen Chen before myself, she is really fast. It made me dizzy trying to follow her." Alice says. You nod to her, then turn back to Yuyuko.
>> No. 63651
"Let's see now... Remilia is also a dangerous opponent. Fast and incredibly strong, she can control fate. Normally, I'd be worried that someon like that could easily make it impossible to win for us, but what she doesn't want others to know is that she can't affect powerful beings with her ability, since they tend to sit outside of fate. Her maid, Sakuya is a spot of trouble though. An effective combatant, fast, and has a nasty trick of being able to manipulate time. Even though she throws knives, they can hurt ghosts, so watch out for her." Yuyuko says, looking up at the large tree. "Ah, she really made a mess out of Youmu and I that one time." she says thoughtfully.

"What, seriously?" you say, a little surprised. Yuyuko nods.

"She's really strong, she beat me up pretty bad." Yuyuko says with a laugh. Alice laughs too.

"Yeah, I got a taste of it as well." she says. That's rather unexpected, and a little worrying.

"Marisa and Reimu also had their turns too though, so it's not like she did it alone though." Yuyuko says with a smile, as if that's supposed to make you feel better. Both those girls are on the enemy team, and both of them have already beaten who you thought was one of your strongest players. "Back to the review though! Yukari also has the bamboo doctor, Eirin Yagokoro. She's a strong woman, and she's a rather incredible genius with medicine and a scientist. She'd likely be supplying some kind of energy pills or some other kind of shady medicine-"

"I'm not shady!" you hear Medicine shout. You look over at her, where she remains sitting next to Hina, pouting. "I'm not a shady girl!"

"It's okay, Medicine, I don't think they were talking about you." you hear Hina say, trying to calm the doll girl down. It seems to work, because Medicine doesn't say anything else.

"Well, Eirin's shady drugs could give the enemy team a boost, make them more alert, faster, such and such. They probably also have side effects that aren't listed though. As far as scientists go though, there was that one girl that looked like one, but I don't know her very well, so I have nothing to report." Yuyuko says. She must be talking about Rikako, and you realize that you actually don't know anything about her either, which bothers you a little bit.

"Komachi you already know, I'd wager," Yuyuko says with a smile. "I think she's too lazy to take fighting seriously, but her ability to manipulate distance makes her one of the fastest people around, since anywhere she wants to go is just a step away. Who next..." Yuyuko stops to think for a moment. "Ah, Reisen, that rabbit girl. She works for Eirin, and serves Kaguya as well by proxy. Her ability to to control insanity, but it's more like controlling wavelengths, if Yukari was right about her. She's not very fast or strong, and she's not a really good fighter either actually, she relies a lot on trickery and illusion to win. So long as you never look her in the eyes." Yuyuo says, though she looks down at the ground for a moment in thought. "Actually, I don't think that makes much of a difference anyway, I beat her even though I looked her in the eyes. So did Alice as well, and... well, actually she lost to a lot of people." Yuyuko says, smiling. "Maybe she's not that good afterall, even Eirin and Kaguya lost to all those people. Hmm."

"Just one question," you say. "How often does everyone go around beating up everyone else?" you ask, a little concerned about how often people get into battles on their own around here.

"Oh, about once a year it seems." Yuyuko says.

"Sounds about right actually." Alice says as well.

"Back to the report, and Kaguya. There's not much to say about her ability, fairly slow, weak, and very aloof. She's some kind of moon princess, and her power is manipulation of eternity. It's pretty tricky to explain how it works, but it's not quite like Sakuya's ability. The major difference is that Kaguya can only stretch a moment into eternity, or compress several moments into an instant, where Sakuya can fast forward and rewind time. As a side effect as well, anything within the area of Kaguya's ability when stretched into eternity can't be changed permanently."

"Sounds strange," you say. "A moon princess?"

"Eirin says she comes from the moon as well, and Reisen claims to be a moon rabbit. I don't really know the truth, but Yukari says she's gone to the moon before and fought the Lunarians, so if Yukari says so, then it has to be true." Yukari can go to the moon as well? That's some kind of crazy power she's got going on there.

"Who else now? The Prismriver sisters on Yukari's team could be a bit of a bother, Lunasa and Lyrica. They're pretty smart combatants, and they'd work together for sure, but ony Lunasa really has anything to be worried about, her music performances can demoralize people, which is pretty bad for teamwork. Merlin's music can counter that effect, but Merlin's better used for something else." Yuyuko says, chuckling a little to herself. "I'm sure you'll see her at her best some time before this event ends."

"She'll be fine against her sisters?" you ask. Yuyuko's laughter grows a bit.

"Oh yes, just wait and see." she says. "Now, who's next... Lily Black only gets a passing mention. Like Lily White, she's a herald of Spring, but she's not nearly as excitable as her sister and so no one tends to notice her. The only thing they have in common is their ability to produce large screens of danmaku in a very short time, but they're both pretty weak so it's not much more than a nuisance. Both of them get shot down pretty quickly whenever they pop up. Speaking of fairies though, Star Sapphire has an interesting ability, being able to sense movement from a distance. It's kind of similar to Momizi, in a way. I don't think she fights though, so I don't have anything to say about her combat ability. She works a lot with Luna Child and Sunny Milk though, so they could have more to say about her."
>> No. 63652
"I'll have to ask them some time later if Star has any combat ability." you say.

"As far as combat ability is concerned, the ones you'd have to worry about most are Marisa and Suika." Yuyuko says. "Marisa's powerful magic has been turned on pretty much everyone around here to great effect."

"So, she beat you as well?" you ask.

"Oh yes, and not just me. She's beaten Remilia and all her underlings, she's beaten me, Youmu and Alice, she helped Alice as a team in a fight along side several others, including me, she's also most recently beaten the Goddesses of the Moriya shrine, and still there's so much more then that from so many years ago. She even destroyed the old Makai!"

"... Destroyed?" you say, looking over at Alice. She's turned away, focused on her dolls. Wasn't there a dream you had of a world on fire that morning? "What about it's inhabitants?"

"Missing, I assume." Yuyuko says. "You can't really kill demons, but they haven't been seen around since. Continuing however, Suika is pretty dangerous as well, and if it wasn't for the sheer range of Yukari's ability, she'd be the single strongest fighter in Gensokyo. With the strength of a typical oni, and the ability to control density, she can divide herself and objects easily and create an army out of herself. She claims she could tear down youkai mountain with her bare hands, and I believe it."

"Tear down a mountain though?" you ask skeptically. "You sure that's not just boasting?"

"Oni never lie, which is the scary part. If Suika says she can do it, she's not lying or exaggerating. The only time you can question her ability on something is when she doesn't say anything about it."

"Huh, that's kind of interesting. She never lies?" you say, thinking to yourself to recall this later if you get a chance to talk to Suika. Might be able to trick her into answering questions.

"Onto the others now, a pair of dark loving youkai, Rumia and Mystia. Neither are much of a real threat though. Rumia's a clumsy, simple minded girl, though her ability to create darkness is weak over an area, in a small area she can create absolute darkness. I'd suspect she'd probably be best used to hide the movement of groups of others, since she's not much in a fight. Mystia can just cause night blindness with her singing, which makes it a little irritating for humans, but doesn't do much to youkai or non-humans, so the only one around that really has something to worry about is dear Reimu." Yuyuko says with a playful smile. She's looking at something somewhere off behind you, and even though you don't turn, you can pretty much guess she's looking at Reimu."

"While I'm talking about useless powers, the Aki sisters Minoriko and Shizuha are good subjects. Both of their abilities are virtually non-existant for combat, only being able to control the amount of a harvest and turn the colours of leaves, doesn't help much in the snow. Their combat ability is pretty low as well, and they can be pretty easily lead to squabble as well."

"That is pretty weak sounding," you say, feeling a little sorry for them being surrounded by some of the people they are. "They're probably going to be the first ones out."

"Wouldn't surprise me much, actually." Yuyuko says. "Moving on, I mentioned Momizi before. She's a subordinate to Aya, and a pretty good guard as well. She can see great distances, which is good for surveillance, and a good back up for Star Sapphire. She's also a weapon user, which is fairly rare around here. She fights with a sword and shield, from what I've heard. She probably has some loyalty to Aya, so she probably wouldn't try to attack her."

"Think it might be possible to use her loyalty to make her into a double agent?" you ask. Yuyuko shakes her head.

"Tengu are very proud youkai, and that kind of dishonesty would be shameful for them especially, considering how well the tengu society works together."

"Hmm, well, it was worth asking I guess." you say.

"Close to wrapping up now," Yuyuko says. " All that's left is Keine and the Moriya Shrine girls. Keine is a human, though she's also a werebeast."

"Like, a werewolf?" you ask.

"More like a hakutaku, it's kind of strange actually. She has the power to hide history normally, but in her were-hakutaku form she can rewrite history entirely, which would make her fairly dangerous if she weren't a human naturally. For combat ability, she's pretty good I can say, from personal experience, and uses a lot of lasers. The Moriya group now is an interesting bunch. Two Goddesses and a God-like human girl, Kanako, Suwako and Sanae. They're actually from the outside world, from what I've heard, so they have a lot of interesting toys and gadgets. I'd like to go by and see it all sometime, but ghosts can have a pretty hard time getting around on consecrated ground."

"Hmm, it wasn't that troublesome for me." you say, though you didn't exactly enter the grounds when you were there with Komachi, and otherwise you were using Hina's body.

"I might have to go play with them sometime then," Yuyuko says. "Suwako is a Goddess of Earth, and she can create earth, from what I've heard, so she's probably on defense. Kanako is Goddess of the Sky, and she can summon winds and storms. Sanae is the shrine maiden of Kanako's shrine, and she has a divine gift to create miracles. All three of them have rather impressive combat ability, so they should be fairly good competitors." Yuyuko stops for a moment. "And I think that's everyone."
>> No. 63653
"That was pretty good information." you say, standing up. As soon as you do, you hear a voice come from the badge.

"Hello? This thing work-" the voice cuts out. "Hello?"

You press the corner of the badge you say Yuyuko press before.

"Hold the top corner of the badge down and talk." you say. A few seconds later and the voice picks back up.

"Thanks. This is the scout team." the voice says, and you recognize Tewi's voice finally. "We've seen some enemy movements, but they all seem to be heading towards the corners. We searched the direction they looked like they were coming from but found nothing."

"Hmm, head back for now and we'll choose a new direction to search." you say, releasing the badge.

"Eh, okay." comes the reply, and nothing else.

"Yukari's definitely up to something." you say.

"Most definitely." Yuyuko replies.

You still have some time before the scout team returns, and while Yuyuko was giving her report, the wall had been completed. You could take some time to find something to occupy the construction team, but aside from waiting for the scouts to return with more information, you're stuck for ideas.

---

Seems like the Saigyou Ayakashi wall wasn't the only wall finished.
>> No. 63667
[x] Ask Alice and Patchouli about setting up alarm wards around the perimeter, maybe by using dolls as a spell focus and tying them to trees. You and Hina would be able to assist with dollmaking, if not the spells themselves.
>> No. 63674
[x] Ask the construction team if they can come up with something like cannons/artillery. All made of ice and/or snow, of course.

With magic, anything's possible!
>> No. 63682
[x] The more time Yukari gives you, the more time you have to dig in. Encourage the construction team built yet more elaborate defenses. You'll wait them out if necessary.
[x] Ask Alice and Patchouli about setting up alarm wards around the perimeter, maybe by using dolls as a spell focus and tying them to trees. You and Hina would be able to assist with dollmaking, if not the spells themselves.

Until we find their base or Yukari makes a move, we'd to best to continue fortifying our base. If they've hidden it or decided to go without building one entirely, then we can only win by drawing them into a pitched battle, and then crushing them.
>> No. 63685
You know, Nobody/Kenshiro should have said something like "It's not me who chose to help you, it was you who called for me." to Hina. It would be cool, but now's waaaay too late.
>> No. 63690
[x] "Would Yukari be likely to just hide her flag inside a gap? Do we have anybody who can counteract that, like Reimu maybe?"
>> No. 63703
Hm. Wondering if we can make the interior a bunch of mirrors... which would be sorta cool but maybe a bad idea if they bring in Reisen.
>> No. 63710
>>63703

Refracting lasers all around the compound is probably a bad idea.
>> No. 63711
In this case, use a mirror to create an image of a flag with triggers to automated dolls and snow cannons. Hit up the flag itself with proximity traps to hit any takers and a series of cannons to shoot the flag itself from place to place so it's re-hid each time someone tries to grab it. Remember to make traps that can hit from behind, since most players are already used to dodging danmaku. A bit complex though. I'd suggest setting up tight tunnels and murder holes (Anybody remember Tucker's Kobolds?) but Yukari might be able to gap them past.

[x] The more time Yukari gives you, the more time you have to dig in. Encourage the construction team built yet more elaborate defenses. You'll wait them out if necessary.
[x] Ask the construction team if they can come up with something like cannons/artillery. All made of ice and/or snow, of course.
[x] Ask Alice and Patchouli about setting up alarm wards around the perimeter, maybe by using dolls as a spell focus and tying them to trees. You and Hina would be able to assist with dollmaking, if not the spells themselves.
[x] "Would Yukari be likely to just hide her flag inside a gap? Do we have anybody who can counteract that, like Reimu maybe?"

I'm a dirty pandering bastard.

Oh, and Suika? If she tries to pull off things with her mist-form or multi-form, I suggest using Aya's fan on them. Or, just hitting one of them. (Anyone remember what Kohaku did to Nero in the Tohno Con Game?)
>> No. 63723
>[x] "Would Yukari be likely to just hide her flag inside a gap? Do we have anybody who can counteract that, like Reimu maybe?"

Pretty sure Yukari isn't that unsporting. While this is a battle of powers on an individual level, seeing her roundabout strategy, on the team level at least she'd rather make this a battle of the minds. Winning by gapping the enemy's flag into your own base for example isn't something that she would find interesting.
>> No. 63801
I'm pretty sure Yukari's team has a base but it must be hidden pretty well. Heck, if I was in the enemy team I would have asked Keine to hide the base and have Reisen create false bases with her illusions! They have a pretty high mindfuck potential.

[x] The more time Yukari gives you, the more time you have to dig in. Encourage the construction team built yet more elaborate defenses. You'll wait them out if necessary.
[x] Ask the construction team if they can come up with something like cannons/artillery. All made of ice and/or snow, of course.
[x] Ask Alice and Patchouli about setting up alarm wards around the perimeter, maybe by using dolls as a spell focus and tying them to trees. You and Hina would be able to assist with dollmaking, if not the spells themselves.
[x] Tell the scouting team about our suspicions about the enemy base being hidden, and to watch out for possible illusions.
>> No. 63898
No updates until tomorrow at least. Not enough time to write one today.
>> No. 63914
Ack, illusions? I'm now wondering about Spells of Eternity now.
>> No. 63927
File 122480064654.jpg - (127.52KB , 500x750 , Main_hall_ICEHOTEL_Sweden.jpg ) [iqdb]
63927
>>63898

Okay.

You know what would be an interesting thing to do with the ice fortress after the fight?

Turn it into a combination ice playground/hotel that everyone can eat in. Then there's ways we can take advantage of it melting as well.
>> No. 64131
[x] The more time Yukari gives you, the more time you have to dig in. Encourage the construction team built yet more elaborate defenses. You'll wait them out if necessary.
[x] Ask the construction team if they can come up with something like cannons/artillery. All made of ice and/or snow, of course.
[x] Ask Alice and Patchouli about setting up alarm wards around the perimeter, maybe by using dolls as a spell focus and tying them to trees. You and Hina would be able to assist with dollmaking, if not the spells themselves.

You run a few ideas through your head, turning over a few possibilities of what's going on. Yukari is definitely doing something, though you're not sure what that could be. Given the powers of the people on her team though, you have no reservations in believing that she's already put their abilities to use, and you should try to find a way to disrupt them. Until then, you're going to continue to build up the defenses. You head around the tree towards Patchouli, who notices you approaching before you have to get her attention.

"We've completed the defensive wall," she says, patting the wall. There's a medium sized hole nearby, and a short tunnel leading out. "We're not sure what to do now."

"Is there any way you could expand the defenses?" you ask. Letty and Nitori nearby also look over, having noticed you as well.

"Mmm, the walls are already frozen over with ice, and there are a few ice elementals standing guard outside. What else could we do?" Patchouli asks. That is a good question, since you were hoping that you would have inspired her to think of something on her own.

"How about spikes?" Letty says, walking over. "It would be easy to spike the ice on the outside walls, and that would slow down direct attacks."

"It could work," Patchouli says, nodding at the woman. She looks back at you. "Should we do that?"

"That sounds like a start," you say. Patchouli nods, and Letty walks back to Nitori, who is already getting ready to go outside. Patchouli turns away, but you stop her by putting your hand on her shoulder. "Actually, I have more to ask you as well."

"Oh? Well, okay then," she says, turning back. "What else did you have to ask?"

"Well, first would be if it would be possible to make some kind of defense weaponry, or siege weapons of some sort." you say. Patchouli looks up for a moment, frowning.

"With just snow and ice, probably not anything that would work reliably or not break down quickly. The ice elementals are about as reliable weapons as you could make from ice. Though, well, I should still be able to come up with something." she says.

"Ah, next question then," you say, continuing on. "Would it be possible to set up alarm wards around the perimeter?"

"Now that's much easier," Patchouli says with a smile. "A simple alarm spell would be quick to cast and takes very little preparation. We could probably even cast them on the trees and they'd work."

"What about dolls?" you ask. Patchouli nods.

"That'd work too. Anything would really." she says. "Should I get Alice and get started now?"

"I'll help as well, it'd go faster with three people casting the spells, right?" you say. Patchouli nods.

"Would should get to work soon then, you go get Alice. I'll choose the positions." she says with a smile, turning around and heading towards the exit as well. You head back to Alice, who has stopped making snowballs and is currently occupying herself with inspecting her dolls.

"Hey Alice," you say, walking up behind her. She turns her head to you. "Patchouli and I are going to set up alarm wards around the perimeter, and we were hoping you could lend some help, and some dolls."

Alice stands up and brushes her dress off, then turns around with a nod. "Sounds good then!" she says, walking around the rock. "I was getting bored of making snowballs to be honest. With so much defense being set up, I think we have a really good shot at winning."

"I hope we win too," you say. "Though losing isn't too bad. Considering some of the people Yukari has on her team as far as powers go, we probably couldn't hope to win through sheer brute force." Alice nods at that

"We'll do our best anyway, even if we have to wipe them all out to win." Alice says, walking past you. "Come on, let's get started now."

Following Alice outside, you head over to Patchouli at the tree line. It would probably be best to split into two directions, covering more of the perimeter quicker, though you could also go around as one group and cover it.

---

I stopped feeling like writing the closer I got to the end of this, so if it seems a little rushed it's because I didn't want to sit here with a mostly finished update for a few hours.

My brother has stopped by for the weekend as well, so updates will be slow.
>> No. 64138
[x] Split into two groups. Alice and Patch go in one direction, you go the other.
[x] Tell them to communicate using the badge and retreat at the first sign of trouble.
[x] Communicate with Mokou using the badge: While the assault group is on standby, she should focus on melting as much of the snow outside the defensive walls surrounding the base as she can; without a ready source of ammunition, you'll make a sustained siege all but impossible.

The melted snow will simply freeze back into ice. This is why you stockpiled snowballs.

You're the one going solo because you have more escape tricks than they do.
>> No. 64142
[x] Split into two groups. Alice and Patch go in one direction, you go the other.
[x] Tell them to communicate using the badge and retreat at the first sign of trouble.
[x] Communicate with Mokou using the badge: While the assault group is on standby, she should focus on melting as much of the snow outside the defensive walls surrounding the base as she can; without a ready source of ammunition, you'll make a sustained siege all but impossible.

Reasonable enough. Maybe we could also add barricades or ice barriers in the corridors leading to the base? It's not like they don't know where we are, thanks to Komachi and Yukari's gaps.
>> No. 64175
[x] Split into two groups. Alice and Patch go in one direction, you go the other.
[x] Tell them to communicate using the badge and retreat at the first sign of trouble.
[x] Communicate with Mokou using the badge: While the assault group is on standby, she should focus on melting as much of the snow outside the defensive walls surrounding the base as she can; without a ready source of ammunition, you'll make a sustained siege all but impossible.
[x] Remilia and Flandre are both vampires; ask over the badge if anyone knows what the phase of the moon is tonight.
[x] You technically have a empty slot on your team; ask over the badge if anyone knows anyone who could stand up against Keine's history manipulation ability.

So why is Yukari letting us entrench ourselves so deeply? They may be planning to wait until nightfall.

Looking over their team roster, a number of them are strengthened if there's a full moon tonight: Remilia, the Lunarians, Keine, and (maybe) Sakuya. Rumia's power becomes much more useful during the night, but is neutralized on the night of a new moon. If it is a full moon, I'm foreseeing a climatic Flandre versus Remilia fight.

No Body probably doesn't know who she is, but with Hieda no Akyu we'd have a way to counteract Keine's history manipulation. Maybe she can be convinced to "record" this historic, unseasonal event, even if just as a bystander?
>> No. 64177
>>64175

I don't think there will be a full moon. That would spoil a possible Keine route. And Keine definetly won't manipulate history, specially just because of snowball fight. She's not the type to do that. Yukari, on the other hand...
>> No. 64214
>>64177
>I don't think there will be a full moon. That would spoil a possible Keine route.

I don't see how that follows.

>Keine definetly won't manipulate history, specially just because of snowball fight.

But No Body doesn't know that, does he? And if Keine's really would be against it, then Mokou will say as much.

Anyway, there's no reason to not make sure.
>> No. 64215
Hmm. I thought of something. Yukari's team has a weakness. A huge weakness.

First, there's Yukari herself. As she herself notes, she's not very well liked. Has a personal stake in this fight.

There's Remi. Also very powerful, but I don't think she likes taking orders. Also, the exception of Sakuya, the rest of her household has turned against her. Finally, she's probably just on Yukari's team to go up against you.

Lesee... there's Kaguya. Probably not all that much into taking orders, although I think Eirin can convince her. Usually potrayed with alot of pride...

Then, Kanako. One of the first things she did was challenge the Hakurei shrine and got beaten down badly. Wears the circle-rope thing as a sign of victory. Will go ahead and give the power of fusion to an idiot hell-raven.

In other words, they have alot of power-players - who probably think of themselves as big-shots. Who probably want to make names for themselves. Possibly showing that they're leaders.

What we need here is a golden apple...
>> No. 64217
File 122496953017.png - (18.50KB , 96x192 , Flora.png ) [iqdb]
64217
>>64215

This reminds me of a puzzle I heard once.
>> No. 64218
File 12249696633.jpg - (38.71KB , 427x474 , what.jpg ) [iqdb]
64218
>>64215

You don't think Yukari knows how to manipulate the greater powers of Gensokyo to do her bidding? Nigger plz.

Remember that these are people she's selected personally, and she knows exactly how each of them have been affected by Nobody's actions, more than Nobody himself.
>> No. 64219
File 122497306874.jpg - (163.76KB , 800x600 , 67015dc068908ac5f9b81e9d3ed318f3.jpg ) [iqdb]
64219
... Isn't it sad, Koakuma?
>> No. 64239
Not a civil war, but find a way to distact Yukari for a few seconds (Yuyuko might know of a way) and you can try setting up a situation where there's multiple conflicting lines of command messing each other up - maybe if you need a few moments distraction for something big. Even if she just ferries messages about, Yukari can mess that entire idea up.

I also move to have Koakuma at the dinner, sitting out because of a sprained wrist. And if Remilia makes dinner, have Sakuya take out an adorable miniture pink bat-themed apron out from under her skirt, Remilia insists that she can handle a knife by herself but ends up cutting her finger, which then prompts Sakuya to suck on the wound.
>> No. 64242
>>64214
>I don't see how that follows.

For when/if we posses Keine/Mokou, or even Kaguya/Eirin. But hey, timeskiping to the next full moon may make thing right.
>> No. 64244
So, no updates for a while, on account of the fact that my computer decided to just up and die. I don't know exactly what the problem is, but all I do know is that it suddenly flickered off, and there was a whining sound of some sort combined with a very ozone smell I recognize as the smell of electricity.

My computer is dead, and the computer shop I have to bring it to probably isn't open tomorrow. Even if they are, it likely won't be getting back to me for a week, since they've got incredibly shit work ethic.
>> No. 64245
>>64244
I thought Best Buy was open on sunday?
>> No. 64246
>>64245

No Best Buy here. Even if there were, I have no way to get there.
>> No. 64248
>>64246
thatsthejoke.jpg
>> No. 64257
>>64244

tl;dr: no updates for at least a week?
>> No. 64262
>>64257

Yep.
>> No. 64272
>>63652
>She even destroyed the old Makai!"
>"... Destroyed?" you say, looking over at Alice. She's turned away, focused on her dolls. Wasn't there a dream you had of a world on fire that morning?
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

>Seems like the Saigyou Ayakashi wall wasn't the only wall finished.
Damn, no kidding.

>[x] Communicate with Mokou using the badge: While the assault group is on standby, she should focus on melting as much of the snow outside the defensive walls surrounding the base as she can; without a ready source of ammunition, you'll make a sustained siege all but impossible.
Fuck yeah, slippery icy moat. It's always a pain in the ass in any game you find it in, but it'll be sweet to have it on our side for once.
>> No. 64555
>>Fuck yeah, slippery icy moat. It's always a pain in the ass in any game you find it in, but it'll be sweet to have it on our side for once.
Thank god no one in Gensokyo can fly.
>> No. 64574
For some very odd reason, I keep imaginging this snowfight as a turn-based hexagonal strategy game you play online against another person.
>> No. 64593
>>64574

>For some very odd reason, I keep imaginging this snowfight as a turn-based hexagonal strategy game you play online against another person.

>play online again another person.

:>

I might have my computer back sooner than thought, as in tomorrow soon.
>> No. 64605
>>64593

Hooray!